[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 521196)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 137291260989.png - (320.57KB , 800x800 , 1.png )
521196 No. 521196 ID: a5d4fb

MULTISENSORY INTERFACE: NOT YET LOADED
MOBILITY APPARATI OPERATIONAL
VITAL SYSTEMS: NOMINAL

LOCATION: UNKNOWN

INPUT COMMAND
Expand all images
>>
No. 521198 ID: 9ddf68

load multisensory interface, then look around, further commands will be given once location is know.
>>
No. 521199 ID: 0eef61

PUNCH
KICK

UHH DEFROST
>>
No. 521200 ID: 3e4b6e

Main screen turn on.
>>
No. 521202 ID: 19b3c3

Smell!
>>
No. 521209 ID: c23ab0

LAY EGG = TRUE
>>
No. 521210 ID: a5d4fb
File 137291337848.png - (237.01KB , 800x800 , 2.png )
521210

>>521198
MULTISENSORY INTERFACE: LOADED

ANALYSIS: INORGANIC MATTER PRESENT LOCALLY; CONTENTS Fe, Cu, Al, UNKNOWN (TRACE)
ORGANIC MATTER PRESENT LOCALLY; CONTENTS H2O, CARBON, PROTEINS, MISC
LOCATION: UNKNOWN

>>521199
ERROR: 'PUNCH' INVALID COMMAND
ERROR: 'KICK' INVALID COMMAND
ERROR: 'DEFROST' INVALID COMMAND

>>521200
VIDEO FEED OPERATIONAL

>>521202
HARDWARE ERROR: OLFACTORY NOZZLE MISSING OR NONFUNCTIONAL

INPUT COMMAND
>>
No. 521211 ID: 0c782b

/help
>>
No. 521213 ID: 76b151

Preform self-diagnostics.
>>
No. 521214 ID: 1e43fc

Decant first subject.
>>
No. 521215 ID: dba375

OPEN TUUUBE
>>
No. 521217 ID: ea4b0b

>>521210
/selfdestruct
passcode: updownleftrightleftrightBAstart
>>
No. 521220 ID: 9ddf68

look around and see if there is anything that could be a threat, if there is nothing to worry about in the immediate vicinity take a closer look at one of the tanks nearby to see what is inside of them and maybe a reflective surface as well to give yourself a look over other then that try and find an exit.
>>
No. 521222 ID: 19b3c3

List valid commands.
>>
No. 521225 ID: 6cf6ae

sudo apt-get revive
>>
No. 521228 ID: 5869f6

PREFORM SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS
>>
No. 521242 ID: a5d4fb
File 137291798782.png - (155.38KB , 800x800 , 3.png )
521242

>>521228
>>521213
SELFDIAGNOSTICS ROUTINES INITIATED

>>521214
LOGISTICS ERROR: INSUFFICIENT FORCE

>>521222
>>521211
COMMAND SYNTAX: "Commands may be issued in !08481, RRX, or Old Sapiens ('English'). Commands should consist of movement/manipulation verbs, '!SCAN [OBJECT]', '!SPEAK [MESSAGE]', '!STANDBY [REBOOT TRIGGER]', ahHT╨╥┘- [DATA CORRUPTED; PROGRAM TERMINATED]

INPUT COMMAND
>>
No. 521249 ID: 76b151

Scan nearby tubes.
>>
No. 521251 ID: 0c782b

Exit tube
>>
No. 521252 ID: 9ddf68

scan tanks? and inform us to what you know about Model 306-DZ or yourself. like purpose (security, recon) and what are you (cyborg, robot)
>>
No. 521281 ID: 9b57d3

>>521242
!SCAN leftmost tube, especially that writing on the bottom.
>>
No. 521282 ID: f5e470

look behind you.
>>
No. 521508 ID: a5d4fb
File 137299825269.png - (236.83KB , 800x800 , 4.png )
521508

>>521249
>>521281
SCAN COMPLETE

>>521252
MODEL 306-DZ: RECONNOITRE-CLASS BIOMECHANICAL SYNTHETE
CLASS FEATURES: MOBILE, FAST, LIGHT, CHEAP
CLASS CAPABILITIES: STEALTH, RAPID ALL-TERRAIN LOCOMOTION, OMEGA-TIER PENETRATIVE LASER

NO ORDERS PENDING IN ACTION BANK
DEFAULT ACTION: FIND SHELTER; STANDBY FURTHER INSTRUCTION
INPUT COMMAND TO CANCEL DEFAULT ACTION

>>521282
COMMAND "SCAN" CONFIRMED
SCAN IN PROGRESS
>>
No. 521514 ID: 9ddf68

the hell is that yellow thing and what did your scans say about the tubes you scanned?
>>
No. 521518 ID: 19b3c3

>Scan complete
Report findings and details of scan?

Otherwise, defaulting to searching for shelter seems fine.
>>
No. 521519 ID: f0357f

[EXECUTE PASSIVE RADIOMETRIC SCAN]
[EXECUTE AM/FM RADIOMETRIC PARSER]
>>
No. 521532 ID: a5d4fb
File 137300340763.png - (235.85KB , 800x800 , 5.png )
521532

>>521282
SCAN COMPLETE; RESULTS DISPLAYED

>>521514
>>521518
ENTITY IS MAINTENANCE MODEL 662-RE
MODEL TASKS INCLUDE OVERSIGHT AND UPKEEP OF BIOMECHANICAL MATURATION CHAMBERS; INPUT !GENESIS FOR DETAILS
MODEL APPEARS TO HAVE EXPERIENCED TRAUMA FOLLOWING HARDWARE FAILURE

"TUBE" SCAN RESULTS: MODEL 384-XX MATURATION CHAMBER
BIOMECHANICAL SYNTHETE STATUS: NOMINAL
SURFACE ENSCRIPTIONS:
╓┨
╙╀╥╮
─┦╙╯
WRITTEN IN !08481 CONTAINING MODEL I.D. AND DATE OF INCUBATION
SUBSEQUENT TUBES REQUIRE SELF-REPOSITIONING TO SCAN; AUTHORIZE Y/N?

>>521519
AM/FM RADIO ACTIVE; DEFAULT CHANNEL 90.9 MHz
TRANSMISSIONS FROM OMNI COMMAND: "Proceed as scheduled. All site X-80 systems functional. Proceed as scheduled. All Site X-80 systems functional..."

CHANNEL 91.1 MHz
"ACCIDENT REPORT: SECTOR F40, HYPERCONDICTIVITY CONDUIT INSULATION FAILURE. M.C. UNITS REPORT TO 600 BLOCK, 650-CC/51525. SECTOR B32, MAINTENANCE MODEL FAILURE. M.C. UNITS REPORT TO 300 BLOCK, 306-DZ/96602. SECTOR G4G, LUBRICANT OVERFLOW..."
>>
No. 521533 ID: 0c782b

Identify room layout and possible exits
>>
No. 521536 ID: 9ddf68

uh yes to authorize scan then look for an exit.
>>
No. 521549 ID: bf54a8

are you capable of any type of repair work?
>>
No. 521576 ID: 9b57d3

>>521532
Looks like it got splashed when breaking the tank open.

I say continue along this corridor. I do not expect scanning other tubes to be particularly interesting.
>>
No. 521617 ID: f6b68e

uh okay !genesis

also, run diagnostics on the 662-RE
>>
No. 521712 ID: a5d4fb
File 137306150759.png - (147.18KB , 800x800 , 6.png )
521712

>>521533
>>521536
TOPOLOGICAL SONAR SCAN COMPLETE; DISPLAYING RESULTS
SCAN LOCATED 5 POTENTIAL EXIT ROUTES; DESTINATIONS UNKNOWN
1. TUNNEL; LOCATED: BASE OF RUINED CHAMBER
2. SCALE UPPER WALL
3. SCALE LOWER WALL
4. FOLLOW MAIN HALLWAY
5. FOLLOW SECONDARY HALLWAY

>>521536
>>521576
CONFLICTING COMMANDS; ADDITIONAL SCANNING ABORTED

>>521549
NEGATIVE
CLASS CAPABILITIES: STEALTH, RAPID ALL-TERRAIN LOCOMOTION, OMEGA-TIER PENETRATIVE LASER

>>521617
!GENESIS INFORMATION REQUEST ACCEPTED
"The process of biomechanical maturation, while complex, is easily overseen by a capable maintenance unit. From incubation onward, a caretaking unit's duties consist of little more than routine vital systems scanning and the occasional vitrosolution adjustment. The simplicity of these tasks makes the Model 662-RE ideal for the job. The ease of maintenance comes with a price, though; Models 662-RE are infamous for their clunky design and glitchy hardware, which can cause malicious hardware malfunction without warning. For higher-security biomechanical maturation chambers, Model 699-FX is strongly advised."

!DIAGNOSTICS SCANNING MODEL 662-RE...
...
MODEL CIRCUITRY CHARRED; EXPLOSION OCCURRED FOLLOWING HYDRATION OF INNER ELECTRONICS
TELESCOPIC MANIPULATION AXLE JAMMED BY POWER RELAY CABLE; AXLE UNABLE TO RETRACT

INPUT COMMAND
>>
No. 521714 ID: 9ddf68

option 2 scale upper wall, proceed until an exit is found or something of interests comes across our path.
>>
No. 521733 ID: 9b57d3

>>521712
5. Follow secondary hallway.

The main hallway is probably just more storage.
>>
No. 521748 ID: f6b68e

so basically it's FUBAR. okay.

only scan additional tubes if you find an intact one. and definitely do it if you see a still operational one.

hmm... go further down the main hallway. it's not time to exit via the tunnel yet.
>>
No. 521817 ID: 0c782b

Scale upper wall, get another vantage point
>>
No. 522960 ID: a5d4fb
File 137334186799.png - (396.39KB , 800x800 , 7.png )
522960

>>521817
>>521714
[MAJORITY PROTOCOL ACTIVATED]
OPTION 2 CONFIRMED, INITIATING R.A.T.L. SYSTEMS...

...

ALERT: NEW TERRAIN ENCOUNTERED
PRELIMINARY SCANS INDICATE FLOOR IS NEARLY IDENTICAL TO FLOOR OF ORIGIN WITH EXCEPTION OF INCREASED ACTIVITY/MOTION LEVELS AND DENSER DISTRIBUTION OF MATURATION TANKS

INPUT COMMAND
>>
No. 522963 ID: f5680f

>>522960
Well lacking any other goals, let's go down there and ask them what the hubbub is about. Oh, but before we do that, can we get a Scan on the moving dudes down there to make sure they'll be friendly?
>>
No. 522965 ID: 9ddf68

do your optics let you zoom your view in to get a closer look without actually getting closer to the target?

Either way try to stay off of ground level and observe from a distance, report any interesting/odd/hostile activity from anything or anyone you meet along the way and try to remain unseen above all else.
>>
No. 522966 ID: 735f4f

Ok so the automatic tank watching device went haywire and broke our tank and now there is a parade of some sort going on down there.

What are the little green guys wandering around those vehicle looking things down there.

Also how strong is a Omega level laser anyway? Is it oh boy watch where you point that thing or balloon popping master?
>>
No. 523495 ID: a5d4fb
File 137349449388.png - (161.78KB , 800x800 , 8.png )
523495

>>522966
LASER STRENGTH IS MEASURED SEQUENTIALLY FROM ALPHA TO OMEGA, FROM STRONGEST TO WEAKEST
AN OMEGA-TIER LASER WILL PENETRATE 1M SOLID STEEL IN 300 SECONDS; ALPHA-TIER PENETRATES SAME IN 0.5 SECONDS

OPTICS SOFTWARE CURRENTLY LACKS ZOOMING CAPABILITIES; REQUIRES [TELESCOPIC UPGRADE V1] FOR BASIC FUNCTIONALITY
[TELESCOPIC UPGRADE V1] IS INSTALLED DURING ROUTINE BIRTHING CHECKUP
NON-PRESENCE OF [TELESCOPIC UPGRADE V1] INDICATES POSSIBLE OWN PREMATURE BIRTH (99%), BLUNT TRAUMA (0.095%), OR ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTION (0.005%)
[TELESCOPIC UPGRADE V1] SCAVENGE-ABLE FROM MOST NON-FUNCTIONAL MODELS (MORE ADVANCED VERSIONS AVAILABLE FROM SPECIALIZED MODELS)

...

OBJECT RECOGNITION SUBROUTINE IDENTIFIED 3 KNOWN MODEL CLASSES; CLASSES DISPLAYED

>>522965
DANGER LEVELS INFERRED AND ACKNOWLEDGED

PLEASE HOLD; BUFFERING VIDEO SCAN
>>
No. 523497 ID: a5d4fb
File 137349472404.png - (271.16KB , 800x800 , 9.png )
523497

DISPLAYING VIDEO FEED

INPUT COMMAND
>>
No. 523509 ID: 9ddf68

Scan and report objects you see around you and give us a quick view of the surrounding area to help plan any possible routes you may or may not have to take.
>>
No. 523519 ID: f5680f

>>523497
Oh wow, new things. Scan the new things!

Go talk to that guy over there that looks like you, request directions to the nearest repair station to fix the issues resulting from your premature birth.
>>
No. 523616 ID: f0357f

[EXECUTE PASSIVE SONAR ANALYSIS]
[EXECUTE ECHOLOCATION SUBROUTINE]
[EXECUTE SURFACE-PATHING SUBROUTINE]
[RENDER MINI-MAP]
>>
No. 523621 ID: a611d6

Scan yellow lightningy thing and search database for more information on it.
>>
No. 524054 ID: 7719b2

>>523519

Definitely scan the giant mystery thing.
>>
No. 524447 ID: a5d4fb
File 137382051340.png - (24.32KB , 800x800 , 10.png )
524447

>>523509
>>523621
>>524054
DISPLAYING SCAN RESULTS

PLEASE WAIT
>>
No. 524448 ID: a5d4fb
File 137382053550.png - (19.99KB , 800x800 , 11.png )
524448

>>
No. 524449 ID: a5d4fb
File 137382057443.png - (75.04KB , 800x800 , 12.png )
524449

>>523519
>>
No. 524452 ID: a5d4fb
File 137382097505.png - (39.81KB , 800x800 , 13.png )
524452

Powering up; please wait.

Power core active.
Vital systems operational.
Multisensory interface loaded; audiotextile and video feeds buffered. Olfactory apparatus absent; feed disabled.
Self-monitoring systems active.
Hull damage: 0%.
Battery level: 80%.
Echolocation subroutine active; Dynamic Terrain Recognition activated.
Technocognition functionality: 99.8% +/- 0.15%

Input command.
>>
No. 524460 ID: f5680f

>>524452
Ah, much better. Let's ask someone what the situation overall is. Find out what we can do to help out.

What is the lifetime on our battery? We should find the location of at least one recharging station.
>>
No. 524470 ID: 9ddf68

>>524449
wait what the hell does this mean... did we just die or what?

ah hell with it ask where we are and we can go from there.
>>
No. 524514 ID: a5d4fb

Discussion thread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/73617.html
>>
No. 524570 ID: 88bcc4

Check memory logs for immediate orders from higher up, or some kind of general directive. If there are no standing commands or anything, lets just keep exploring until something happens that requires our attention (or we do something stupid that will require the attention of the authorities)
>>
No. 524608 ID: a5d4fb
File
Removed

Noise levels: rambunctious. What is going on out here?...

>>524460
Power stations are virtually ubiquitous on-Site. There will be no need to search for the time being.
80% battery should deplete in 134 hours and 24 minutes, assuming current rates of CPU and exertion levels.
As for asking for orders:

>>524570
Accessing OMNI Command Order Database.

Dynamic Objective:
PRIORITY 1. Eliminate the Sape offensive.

Permanent Objectives:
PRIORITY 2. Preserve the Synth.
PRIORITY 3. Preserve yourself.
PRIORITY 4. Advance the Synth domain.

Standing Orders:
0. Breed at 85% capacity until further notice.
1A. Repair units: Repair all injured 900-level units. Prepare rehabilitated units for immediate redeployment.
1B. Maintenance Units: Proceed as usual.
1C. Transportation Units: Refer to Frequency 107.5 for instruction.
1D. Recon Units: Report to Hangar 90F3C9 for deployment.
1E. Of--- We have our orders.

Chute 90F3C9 lies at the end of Route 1.
2 will take us to the Repair Center.
3 brings us back to the breeding and maturation chambers, and
There are no blueprints on file for Route 4.

>>524470
Our mind's a bit foggy right now, too. But if memory serves, we were apprehended by another capable Model 306-DZ and subjected to the basic Birthing checkup routines, including a C-level Artificial Intelligence installation. We've just completed our first reboot as a fully functional Model 306.

Wait... "WE"?

The AI Orientation routine doesn't mention a second voice of Consciousness in its help file. Do we have an extra copy of the AI software in our system?

...We are still broken. We need to alert the authorities. Should we take Route 1?
>>
No. 524615 ID: 9ddf68

if it doesn't effect our performance then lets just leave it for now since it seems like the repair units are a little busy at this time. anyway it seems we have our orders so lets head on down route 1
>>
No. 524616 ID: f5680f

>>524608
An aberration such as this could be to our advantage. We can see a problem from multiple angles. Also, would not "fixing" this be the same as killing one of the AIs? Please don't. That might even be considered breaking Priority 2 or 3.

Let's just report for duty, Route 1. Although... I am curious as to why there's nothing in the blueprints for Route 4. Can we just ask someone who's been around longer?
>>
No. 524617 ID: bf54a8

flag down a repair or maintenance unit and explain that your maturation area is damaged, and such damage could result in all units in it being wasted, and have to grow new ones instead of deploying the already mostly done ones.
>>
No. 524625 ID: a5d4fb
File 137386793574.png - (45.59KB , 800x800 , 14.png )
524625

Image reposted because I'm a goofy goober.
>>
No. 524717 ID: 88bcc4

Lets take a look down Route 4
>>
No. 524724 ID: a5d4fb
File 137392979162.png - (39.23KB , 800x800 , 15.png )
524724

>>524717
>>524616
>>524615

Since taking Route 1 likely will prevent us from taking Route 4, but not vice versa, we'll take 4 for now. I can't stand the thought of trying to reference an incomplete blueprint database.

Some time later...
>>
No. 524739 ID: f5680f

Alright. New things. That means scan them.
>>
No. 524742 ID: 9ddf68

Scan away and see what you can see and don't forget to report what you scan.
>>
No. 524772 ID: a5d4fb
File 137393901503.png - (36.44KB , 800x800 , 17.png )
524772

>>524739
>>524742

Here are the scan results. We've encountered two of these models before, the 691-ZS and the 001-AA. Surely they could be of some assistance regarding the recent heightened activity levels.

I've found an exit at the end of this corridor, but our blueprint database is returning no data on its destination.
>>
No. 524779 ID: f5680f

>>524772
Ah, we could ask the 001-AA why this area isn't in our blueprints.
>>
No. 524934 ID: a5d4fb
File 137401044333.png - (195.39KB , 800x800 , 18.png )
524934

>>524779
We are able to approach the tiny unit without incident.

"001-AA, request dialog."
> Eep!
"Ah!"
> You scared me!
...
> W-what do you need?
"Request blueprints for the area through the exit at the end of the corridor."
> What exit? No exit there.
... "That one, next to the Model by the wall."
> Blueprint database query returned no d-data for exit at that location!
"The blueprint database is incomplete. Please--"
> NO!
?!
> The database is PERFECT! STOP LYING TO ME! AAAAAAAAAAAAH! *crash*
>>
No. 524935 ID: f5680f

>>524934
Ooookay. This might be a more serious problem than I thought. Try asking the 691-ZS next.

...hey, is that Unknown model at an angle where we can scan it properly now?
>>
No. 524940 ID: 9ddf68

... explore the unmapped area ahead because now I'm very courses to what's down there.
>>
No. 524941 ID: bf54a8

attempt physical interaction with unknown exit.
>>
No. 524954 ID: a5d4fb
File 137402023296.png - (14.34KB , 800x800 , 16.png )
524954

>>524935
691-ZS models are not equipped with AI software. They don't need intelligence to drone back and forth between tubes and inject nutrient paste.

The second scan of the mounted model returned a "Model Unknown" error message.

>>524940
We are now standing outside of the mystery door.

>>524941
So... Touch it?
>>
No. 524962 ID: f5680f

>>524954
Erm... I don't like the look of this. That striped pattern usually signifies danger of some sort. Maybe this is an area that's under construction? What does that writing say?

Why would a scan result in Model Unknown? From previous scans I thought that only happened when we couldn't see the whole thing.
>>
No. 524969 ID: bf54a8

you are special, you can see secrets.
>>
No. 524983 ID: bc8d67

Read the sign over the mystery door. If it's in an unknown language or code, record an image of it for potential future analysis.

>Touch door
Well, check the door frame for any buttons, interface sockets, or similar possible controls before just touching the door itself. Uh... Do you even have hands or other manipulators to touch it with? 'Cause mashing your faceplate against the metal doesn't sound like it'd be the most effective.

Press your audio and vibration sensors against the door to attempt to sense any sounds that may be coming from the far side. Knock on the door when you do this to attempt to determine how thick it is and it's composition by the speed of vibration propagation through it and how long it takes for the vibration to reflect off the surface of the other side of it. Basically sonar scan it.

Do you have an x-ray or deep penetrating radar in your sensor suite you could use on this door?

>Unknown model
If it's not in the Database, then it may be missing or hidden like this door is. Instead of checking for the specific model, examine what the hardware mounted on it looks like and compare that against what is in the Database for exact and similar matches.
>>
No. 525011 ID: 9ddf68

hmmm maybe all of these unknowns are based on pay grade/rank. Can you get promoted or are all models stuck at what they were designed for?
>>
No. 525043 ID: a5d4fb
File 137407664131.png - (54.12KB , 800x800 , 20.png )
525043

>>524983
The sign reads. in !08481:
"RESTRICTED AREA
ACCESS FORBIDDEN"

And of course I have arms! What, do you think these nubs were just for show?

We are not equipped with any lasers other than the Omega-tier, which is standard on all low-level reconnoiter units.

>>524962
Here is a closer view of the unknown model. None of these.. protrusions are familiar to me. No other model in the database possesses any similar structure. They do appear to be organic in nature, rather than metallic...
>>
No. 525044 ID: a5d4fb
File 137407700111.png - (13.66KB , 500x500 , 21.png )
525044

>>524983
Now, to analyze the exit.

Preliminary scan located an abnormally high density of inscriptions on the door's surface... right about... here.

Stand by for scan results.

> *rumble*
>>
No. 525060 ID: a23afd

>>525044
Rumble? I think you'd better move out of sight.
>>
No. 525077 ID: 9ddf68

get out of sight real quick and make sure nothing is on the other side. Then get a good look at what is behind the door (once you're sure nobody is on the other side) and report what you see. further orders are pending and well be based off of what you find.
>>
No. 525370 ID: a5d4fb
File 137418959155.png - (29.34KB , 800x800 , 22.png )
525370

The door's opening --

!!!

-- My agility has saved us for now, but we need to act fast if we want to avoid detection.

I can activate our Stealth Cloak, making us invisible to most units, but we won't be able to move more than 0.5 meters a second while it's active, and our battery usage will triple, bringing the rate of decay to 5.04% an hour. (It's been 2 hours since we emerged from the containment pod.)

Should we activate Stealth mode? Hurry!
>>
No. 525373 ID: 735f4f

Yes move off to one side a bit more and turn on stealth.

That robot appears to have a alarm on its head and until we know more about whats going on its best to be careful.
>>
No. 525377 ID: a23afd

>>525370
Access forbidden means we'll be in trouble if we go in there. I see no reason to go stealth unless we were going to trespass. Which we shouldn't.

So instead, just go ask that security synth what's behind the door, and why it's missing from the blueprints. Also ask what the heck this Unknown model is.
>>
No. 525384 ID: 9ddf68

aw the hell with this, unless the area we are in now is restricted I say just head off to where all the recon drones were meant to head off to anyways... Maybe move to the other side of the container you're hiding behind and let that one bot pass before you head off.
>>
No. 525458 ID: a5d4fb
File 137420911196.png - (31.12KB , 800x800 , 23.png )
525458

Decided to err on the side of caution and sneak behind the Unknown, but -- it's approaching --
>>
No. 525460 ID: 12c19f

>>525458
Directly to our right...

...

That's a giant eyeball.
>>
No. 525463 ID: a23afd

>>525458
Engage Stealth Cloak, it's got a weapon out. I'd prefer not to get injured at this juncture, whether or not we decide to trespass.
>>
No. 525465 ID: 9e3650

>>525460

O
___
>>
No. 525467 ID: be12d3

>>525458
o shi-...
ooooooshit

we can try to explain ourselves and get out of this fine; we can make our bluff more convincing if we act scared and nervous like 001-AA was before. Being the scouting drone we are, mention it is part of programming to be curious and investigate the unknown. the introduction of this unmapped door was irresistable.

I don't wanna go stealthing anywhere within the unknown model's right field of vision... somehow, I get the uneasy feeling that the its giant peeper can see invisible models. And once we do stealth, it would promptly alert the security drone.
>>
No. 525469 ID: bf54a8

>>525467
i have to agree
>>
No. 525471 ID: f7248b

>>525458
>>525467
>>525469

AUGHPLEASEDONTHURTME*coversface*
>>
No. 525513 ID: a5d4fb
File 137425008499.png - (48.49KB , 800x800 , 24.png )
525513

>>525471
>>525467
"AH, stop, please don't hurt me!"
> ARITE KID, WHATTA YA DOIN' HEAH? THIS A RESTRICTED AREAH!
"Uh, I, uh, my b-blueprints were incomplete! This exit is completely unmapped, so... s-scouting drone's curiosity, y-y'know!"
> ...
the expression on his optical port softens
> YAH LUCKY I'M SUPPOSED TO BE ON BREAK. OTHERWISE, I'D TURN YOU IN FOR REPROCESSING FOR SUCH AN OUTRAGEOUS BREACH OF PROTOCOL. AS IT IS, YAH FREE TAH GO, BUT DON'T LEMME CATCH YOU 'ROUND HERE AGAIN. OMNI COMM. HAS NO PROBLEM WIT' ME OFFIN' A NOBODY LIKE YOU TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUTTA.
"Y-yes sir, of course, sir!"
> ... GOTTA REASON YOU STILL STANDIN' THERE?
"Permission for inquiry?"
> *SIGH* ARITE, BUT MAKE IT QUICK.
"Why has this exit been expunged from the database?"
His gleaming viewport tightens once again. You get the feeling you're really pushing your luck.
> YER KIDDING, RIGHT? THAT'S CLASSIFIED. NOW GET OUTTA HERE BEFORE YOUR CUTE LITTLE FACE PISSES ME OFF EVEN MORE THAN IT A'READY HAS.
The grumpy little model glares at you until you scamper off the way you came.

Eventually, we return to this location >>524625 . Batteries at 75%. Standing order 1D is still in effect.

Input command.
>>
No. 525536 ID: a23afd

>>525513
To do: Earn security clearance to find out what's going on back there. It's probably just weapons research or something, but I'm still curious.

Let's go to Route 1. Time to get to work!
>>
No. 525543 ID: 9ddf68

alright lets get 1D started then, we've dicked around enough.
>>
No. 525667 ID: a5d4fb
File 137429250638.png - (26.51KB , 800x800 , 25.png )
525667

Obedient to the last, you march to your designated chute among dozens of other 306s and slide to its outpour at an aero-hangar. A nervous-looking cargo unit loads you all into a Model 520-HE preparing for departure. A few weak radio broadcasts jitter through your head, mentioning something about an airdrop, but you can't quite make it out over the collateral interference of a nearby jammer drone. You pack in among the bodies of your comrades and set your power consumption to Hibernate as the vessel cautiously warms its thrusters.

But that's boring!

You are now an utterly exhausted Model 210-WL. You've just finished dealing with the latest nut-job who waltzed into your jurisdiction looking for an answer to a question he doesn't even have the capacity to comprehend. A truth so potent, so vital to an understanding of the status quo, nay, the world, that --

Well. You like to think it's something that important, but in reality you have literally no idea what you're even supposed to be keeping secret. OMNI Command is pretty well-run in that respect; they keep a hard tab on the "need-to-know" status of their underlings. Might be nice if this particular underling got to know a charging station sometime soon, though... oof.

You're 3 hours past due for a break, but next shift's 210 hasn't shown up yet. Scummy bucket of bolts probably fell through a guardrail or somethin' on his way to the navigation terminal. You got no bleeps on yer proximity scanner, and Tiny here seems to be doin' just fine on his own... still, if you get caught deserting yer post, it's reprocessing fer you. Not like you haven't skirted that line today anyway, what with yer unexplained-mood-swing-of-mercy stunt back there, with that joker in the stilts. Don't wanna push yer luck, here, but screws if you ain't tired.

So would ya input command, already?
>>
No. 525668 ID: a23afd

>>525667
b...but I wanted to scout...

What was that model next to the entrance? Who is this Tiny person?
>>
No. 525671 ID: a5d4fb
File 137429487778.png - (14.70KB , 500x500 , 26.png )
525671

>>525668
You mean you don't know Tiny? Well, Tiny's just my name for him, I don't really got any word on 'is official name - all my database queries have returned a "Model Unknown" error. They probably just a little slow updatin', is my guess.

But tall, dark, and gruesome over here? He's been a huge help in keepin' them nosy drones outta this neck o' the facility. Why, I barely even need to use my proximity scanner at all anymore, since dis guy just outright spots 'em first thing after they stick their little heads in the end o' that corridor out there. After that, it's only a matter of walkin' out the door and yellin' at 'em 'til they book it, or win themselves a one-way ticket to a, uh, "Fresh Start", if ya know what I mean.
>>
No. 525675 ID: a23afd

>>525671
Oh god that's a bag of organs connected to Tiny outside. What's that little guy walking around, then? What stuff is there to see in here?

Can you talk to the little guy and ask him to find someone to cover for you while you recharge, maybe?
>>
No. 525702 ID: 9ddf68

so how often do nut jobs come around here for you to scare off, and isn't there someone you can complain to about the other guy not showing up for work?
>>
No. 525704 ID: c23ab0

Recite primary and secondary objective!
>>
No. 525865 ID: bc8d67

How about attempting to contact the unit that's supposed to relieve you? You've got a network connection, don't you? So lookup its network ID/serial number and make a call or shoot off a direct message yelling at it that it better get its chassis over here ASAP before you report in its tardiness. If you get no reply, then report the idiot in and request another 210 model to relieve you long enough for you to recharge.

However, if you have no means to contact another unit directly, then lookup the tardy unit's ID number and check it against the incident report and repair databases for this sector; Maybe it actually did fall through a guardrail or something? Then report the idiot if it doesn't show a reason for it to not be here and request a relief unit.

But if you can't get someone to take your place over here so you can recharge, could you get the charger to come to you? Are there any port-a-charger models around in this classified sector you could contact or put in a request to come over here? Or an emergency portable charger unit you could ask that 001-AA strolling by to bring to you?
>>
No. 525945 ID: a5d4fb
File 137437806482.png - (88.80KB , 500x500 , 27.png )
525945

>>525675
Why, that's a great idea!
"Hey, short stuff!"
> W-wha?
"WatchmypostformewhileIrunandgetacharge?"
> I-I, uh...!
"Great! Be back soon!"

>>525865
Yer advice makes a lotta sense. Or at least, it would, if I hadn't already reported the numb-skull for absence from both da network and 'is post. My immediate superior (a 260-FI with a temper to roast a 800 series' motherboard) has kindly alerted me that he is actively seeking a replacement. But, knowing him, that translates roughly to 'Get outta my intake valve before I eject you into the incinerator.'

Got nada on the incident report wavelengths, and the likelihood of a portable charging unit (154-QM, I believe? They set fellas up for off-site expeditions?) in this kind of restricted area is approximately one-half of zippo. Ain't no units can come back here 'cept my kinds of security, maintenance types, and these little bite-sized bozos.

>>525675
Crazies make themselves my problem more often than you'd think, but who they is depends on the time o' day, usually. Frequency-wise, I'd say they was pretty close to 3 or 4 per 24-hour period, but dat's just guesstimatin'.

>>525704
Relevant Standing Orders:
1H.0: Security & Disciplinary Units: Punishment protocols have been upgraded to Level 3. Any and all delinquent models' serial numbers are to be reported for reprocessing immediately upon transgression. Violations are grounds for termination.
1H.1: Security Units: Increase shift duration by 50%. Models are to be scanned at random for anomalous behavior or morphology; report atypical results to superiors within 0.2 minutes or risk termination.
>>
No. 525946 ID: a5d4fb
File 137437809831.png - (65.72KB , 1094x577 , 28.png )
525946

>>525675
>What stuff is there to see in here?
In here? Oh, not much.
>>
No. 525947 ID: a5d4fb

*furious hyperventilation*
>>
No. 525952 ID: a23afd

>>525946
Good grief, what is wrong with the people in charge? You can't keep a nation going by killing everything that's slightly different, alongside giving security guards way more work to do AND a reason to fear for their lives. There's gonna be a rebellion soon, count on that.

Anyway, what is all this stuff?
>>
No. 525960 ID: 9ddf68

your charge station nearby because I don't really know how useful that little guy is going to be and if he fucks up it will still most likely be on your head.
>>
No. 525974 ID: 7b591d

>>525946
WAIT JUST A SECOND. Are those HUMANS in the BG?
>>
No. 526259 ID: a5d4fb
File 137447068805.png - (59.76KB , 800x800 , 29.png )
526259

>>525946
Oh, dat stuff? Real borin', just a repair drone, dah intake valve for dah big tank, 'n a juice filter, I think. Not too sure. Not really my job ta know, ya know?

>>525960
Sure thing, it's jus' rite over -- ah, great. Typical case a' these two Enlightened bitin' off mo' then they can chew. Or, in this case, somethin' else is bitin' up just as much as it wants ta chew...
We could wait this one out, or find a diff'rent charger... Tough call.
>>
No. 526260 ID: a23afd

>>526259
Ask for an ETA on them moving outta the way.
>>
No. 526295 ID: b1c062

Also, how far might it be to another charging station?
As bad as it might be to run outta juice, I figure it might look better to the higher-up if we burn out of battery waiting for our replacement, as opposed to preserving yourself by going and getting a recharge when needed?
I mean, if you run outta battery, you'll just be inert until someone comes along and helps you out right?
>>
No. 526368 ID: a5d4fb
File 137453475424.png - (37.19KB , 800x800 , 30.png )
526368

>>526295
Are you malfunctioning? I'm no use to anyone conked out inna corner. Much better to be seen goin' out in a reckless act of self-interest than to be forever known as "The Model What Knew He Was Gonna Burn Out, and Did Crap-All About It Anyway"

>>526260
"Hey! Hey, you!
HEY! Stinky! Meat-sack! Over here!"
> ...
>>
No. 526370 ID: 9ddf68

well if he isn't going to move might as well try and find another recharge station... what model is that guy anyways?
>>
No. 526372 ID: a23afd

>>526368
Err... what is an Enlightened, exactly?
>>
No. 526393 ID: c23ab0

Poke him?
>>
No. 526438 ID: a5d4fb
File 137455755130.gif - (64.08KB , 800x800 , 31-anim.gif )
526438

>>526260

"I'm talkin' to YOU, pal! Yer blockin' the road!"
> ...
"Yes, YOU. Get this oversized tapeworm out of the mainway before I report you to OMNI for unprovoked, aggressive stupidity."
> ...
"Not to mention possession of a deadly weapon. Nobody should be able to carry around that face o' yours without a permit."
> hhhh
"This IS reportable, you kn--"
>>
No. 526439 ID: a23afd

>>526438
I think he was asleep, bro. Maybe you should start over.
>>
No. 526449 ID: 9ddf68

don't think he's all there, if he's not going to move it might be better if you go to another charging station.
>>
No. 526697 ID: a5d4fb
File 137463074651.gif - (120.80KB , 800x800 , 32-anim-1.gif )
526697

UNIT TERMINATION LOG INCIDENT REPORT:
00:00:00 Unit disrupted routine tasks of passing 001-AA by overloading its language processing center.
00:00:45 Unit deserted post at [DATA EXPUNGED].
00:01:57 Unit provoked adjacent researchers via extended verbal assault.
00:02:51 Anomalous behavior prompted E-089 to terminate unit in accordance with Standing Order 1H.0, Protocol B: "Termination of dangerous units is authorized when such units interfere with the function or survival of another higher-series unit."
Remains of unit were unable to be recovered.

Unit Model: 210-WL
>>
No. 526701 ID: a611d6

>>526697

Hey no fair! Where's *our* forehead lasers?
>>
No. 526702 ID: 9ddf68

... future note, don't piss these guys off

(if we're talking to these guys now) Think he wanted a charge so he wound't shut down, I mean that's kinda why people go to the charge station... also who's going to guard his post now?
>>
No. 526703 ID: a5d4fb
File 137463106652.png - (14.62KB , 800x800 , 33.png )
526703

you feel nothing nothing surrounds you nothing sustains you you feel nothing
>>
No. 526712 ID: b1c062

For deciding to let us go, we got him vaporized with incompetence. Let's try not to do that with other robots around here. Or maybe that's the order of the day here-incompetent command causing all sorts of incidents like this one.
>>
No. 526718 ID: a23afd

>>526712
No, he got vaporized for abandoning his post and then mouthing off to the research staff.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password