[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 495411)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 136164744615.png - (40.45KB , 900x600 , 1.png )
495411 No. 495411 ID: b3ca75

Welcome back.

>TIME TO BUY THE SKELETOR DLC!
Skeletor DLC is already installed. You are currently playing as an Exoskeleton Mantis…

>Load last save.
Loading last saved game…
Loading “Claire (Mantis)”…
Expand all images
>>
No. 495412 ID: b3ca75
File 136164746019.png - (37.11KB , 900x600 , 2.png )
495412

:ClairePIX: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Dopefish Well of wishes wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Insert …_
>>
No. 495414 ID: 78c6ea

Summon the biggest fish!
>>
No. 495415 ID: 9ee360

>Exoskeleton Mantis
Sweet.

>>495412
Oh hells, you already killed and reanimated the entire party? That sucks. Zombies are crap for npc support conversations. And now the whole party has the same elemental weakness! What were you thinking?
>>
No. 495416 ID: 9ddf68

well this is either a very interesting dream or we were gone a little longer then I thought. so either wake up or fill us in on what happened after your little 'midnight snack'
>>
No. 495432 ID: b3ca75
File 136165320814.png - (36.82KB , 900x600 , 3.png )
495432

>Summon the biggest fish!
The mighty Dopefish will be awakened from its dream to consume this wretched world. Nothing will stop its onslaught as it creates a new perfect world of nothing!

>What were you thinking?
They deserved my gift of perfection. The rest of the mortals will be consumed as the meat they are. Now, witness my ascension beyond this disgusting mortal body as all life will be but a footnote to my magnificent!

:ClairePIX: Minions, consume the flesh of my filthy body.
:RenaultPIX:
>>
No. 495433 ID: b3ca75
File 136165321789.png - (26.70KB , 900x600 , 4.png )
495433

>wake up!
:ClairePIX: AAAH!
:ThanraPIX: Whoa! Y-you okay!? …did you have a bad dream?
:ClairePIX:

Insert first day of school_
>>
No. 495434 ID: 9ee360

>did you have a bad dream?
Say yes. I'm really hoping you say yes. Because if you consider that a good dream, we may have problems.
>>
No. 495435 ID: 9ddf68

so what you sleep in the nude?
anyway what did you do after your midnight snack last night anyway, did you go to the kitchen afterwords like I said or did you just come stright back here
>>
No. 495461 ID: 5d98c3

>>495433
Yes you did, because the Goddess of Dreams is a dick.

You use PEOPLE YOU HATE in rituals like that, not your friends! Gawd, get it right.
>>
No. 495470 ID: f2c20c

>>495433
Describe your dream to her. She'll just dismiss it as a dream, don't worry about being discovered. Talking about it is good for you.

Also, Claire, you said something yesterday that worried me. "Everyone deserves"... what? Death?
>>
No. 495475 ID: b3ca75
File 136166424601.png - (28.39KB , 900x600 , 5.png )
495475

>so what you sleep in the nude?
I sleep in my underwear, not in the nude. Because I don’t have those weird mammary glands humans have I don’t need anything on my upper body.

>anyway what did you do after your midnight snack last night anyway, did you go to the kitchen afterwards like I said or did you just come straight back here?
I do have some memories about one hell of a delicious sandwich, so either I went to the kitchen or I found a sandwich in the crypt… maybe I hit some bricks in the wall with my whip and *pop*, sandwich.

>Also, Claire, you said something yesterday that worried me. "Everyone deserves"... what? Death?
I don’t know. I wasn’t really myself then.

>Say yes.
:ClairePIX: …yes… and I’m fine. Just a little bit shaken.
:ThanraPIX: …Do you want a hug… no wait, never mind. Forget I said that. Anyway, time to get up for breakfast. You’re lucky you don’t need to wear any heavy armor… you know, Just once I want to wear a dress and feel pretty…
:ClairePIX: You are going to wear a maid uniform today, though.
:ThanraPIX: I said pretty, not perverted. By the way, wanna talk about it? The dream, I mean. I read some books about dream reading and stuff… if you want to. Otherwise we better hurry and eat breakfast, we got a full day today. I think we got combat theory before lunch and then monster knowledge 101 with some practical stuff in the end.
:ClairePIX: You like to talk a lot, don’t you.
:ThanraPIX: Well… I haven’t had anyone to really talk to like this before.

Insert reverse stripping_
>>
No. 495477 ID: 76b151

I killed everyone on team cannon fodder and made them into horrific zombies and swore to do the same to the entire world.
>>
No. 495480 ID: f2c20c

>>495475
You should talk about it.
>>
No. 495487 ID: 9ee360

>dream reading
...everyone I knew was dead and it was my fault. There are probably some pretty obvious ways to interpret that.
>>
No. 495489 ID: 2f4b71

>>495475
> You’re lucky you don’t need to wear any heavy armor
Point out that you don't have the choice of not wearing armour.
>>
No. 495492 ID: b3ca75
File 136166812990.png - (28.31KB , 900x600 , 6.png )
495492

>Point out that you don't have the choice of not wearing armour.
:ThanraPIX: That’s not really the same, is it? I mean, you’re still wearing those nice clothes and stuff, looking all sexy and getting all the guys…

>You should talk about it.
:ClairePIX: About this dream… I dreamt that I had killed the guys and resurrected them as zombies. Then I was going to sacrifice you to summon a some big fish so I could ascend to godhood and kill off everything that was alive…
:ThanraPIX: …That… was a lot darker that I thought it would be. Anyway, let’s see… The guys as zombies are probably some subconscious need to control them. The whole sacrificing me sounds like you see me as a rival or something to be conquered… which doesn’t make sense. I mean, you already got both the straight guys in our group drooling after you and stuff. Anyway, the fish thing? No idea. As for the whole kill everything… that’s probably has to do with your… um… that thing that happen before you got here with your parents. Does any of that ring a bell?
:ClairePIX: I don’t know… at least it feels a little better…
:ThanraPIX: That’s the spirit! …and…um… I will probably regret asking this but… about your parents… They say that the necromancer was probably killed by his own undead and… well… as far as I know only one family of mantises was attacked by the undead... Was one of your fathers or your mother the necromancer? Otherwise the murderer of your parents should still be out there… oh gods, I shouldn’t really be prying like this… sorry…

Insert Talks to much_
>>
No. 495493 ID: beeca1

You know, eventually she's going to realize the implications of your dreaming of zombifying people. You might want to tell her now and tell her not to spread it before she figures it out on her own and immediately tells everyone.
>>
No. 495494 ID: cb8496

Just say you rather not talk about it I mean its not she really knows us yet so I don't think it would be a good idea to let the weseal out of the bag just yet
>>
No. 495502 ID: f2c20c

>>495492
Uh... yeah, I think it's time to clam up. She won't like the idea of you being a necromancer.

Just change the subject. Mention Renault's unusual behavior from last night. Has he ever acted like that before?
>>
No. 495503 ID: f2c20c

Oh, and you didn't mention that you were going to have the undead guys eat you.

If you want my analysis, that's symbolic of the fact that you don't really like being a lich. Am I right?
>>
No. 495673 ID: 37aa84

Look, you probably had that horrible dream because your Humanity is low, we need to work on getting that back up some so the dream doesn't really happen. We'll need to know what exactly drains your magic so we can try to reduce the need to recharge as well as information on any methods of recharging aside from eating people's corpses. If we don't work on this you just may destroy the world.
>>
No. 495692 ID: b3ca75
File 136172653695.png - (36.25KB , 900x600 , 7.png )
495692

>Just say you rather not talk about it.
:ThanraPIX: O-of course. Please forgive me, I didn’t mean to…um…I talk too much sometimes, you know. Sorry… so sorry…
:ClairePIX: Apology accepted.

>Just change the subject. Mention Renault's unusual behavior from last night.
:ClairePIX: What was it with Renault yesterday? You guys said he acted weird.
:ThanraPIX: I don’t know… he was acting all scared about insulting you. I’ve never seen him act like that before… did you do anything to him that should have scared him? Or maybe… he’s fallen in love. Never thought he if anyone would do that. Anyway, we better hurry and get some breakfast, class is starting soon.

------------------------------------------
Combat theory
------------------------------------------

:DeanPIX: Listen up students! We are apparently in the middle of a war here between the Republic and the Empire and our fair little town have been invaded. We are thus under the laws of the empire now. I like to remind you that we of the adventuring guild are neutral in this conflict and anyone who helps either the republic or those filthy imperials without a contract will be kicked out immediately with a 5000 gold contract on their head. You should also remember that you are too junior to accept any contract with this kind of military presence, so please do not choose side in this conflict and stay out of it! That was all…
>>
No. 495693 ID: b3ca75
File 136172654560.png - (41.30KB , 900x600 , 8.png )
495693

------------------------------------------
Lunch
------------------------------------------

>If you want my analysis, that's symbolic of the fact that you don't really like being a lich.
Of course I don’t want to be some undead monster!
>your Humanity is low, We'll need to know what exactly drains your magic and well as information on any methods of recharging aside from eating people's corpses.
Well, casting any kind of magic will drain it, which includes keeping my non dead form. As for an alternative method of recharging then I should be able to eat animal meat. Though I don’t think eating just the food is enough, it has to be more “alive”. The more “alive” it is the better.

:ThanrosPIX: Did you guys hear? Someone broke into the crypt last night. They are going to set up wards and stuff there now.
:RenaultPIX: I heard someone had been snacking on the corpses.
:WaranPIX: Stop making things up, Renny. On another note, the empire took all the servants today…
:RenaultPIX: Am I the only one who thinks that’s a good thing?
:WaranPIX: That’s because you aren’t the sharpest spoon in the knife drawer. Just think about the economic aspects.
:ThanraPIX: I think you’re the only one who would feel sorry for a plant... Hey, Claire, what do you think about this whole empire thing?

Insert Opinions_
>>
No. 495696 ID: 37aa84

Well you guys said there was nothing of value out here, so that brings the question why here? Perhaps invading the Republic isn't their primary objective? Also it is completely horrible that someone would break into the crypt and defile the corpses of those deceased adventurers and/or students.
>>
No. 495697 ID: a31717

>crush or afraid
I'm not sure which is worse.

>Though I don’t think eating just the food is enough, it has to be more “alive”. The more “alive” it is the better.
Is there anything alive that's appropriate to eat, even if some people think it's weird or gross? I don't suppose live snails or bugs are in vogue? Fancy some fungi? Or is the roman style platter-o-mice is palatable?

Or we could make a social thing. Sort of a reverse vegetarian? You only feel it's morally appropriate to eat what you kill yourself. People would still think it's weird, but the bleeding heart liberals would have to accommodate you, and you'd have access to the freshest meat you could, that way.

>Hey, Claire, what do you think about this whole empire thing?
Well, it really hasn't effected us in any way yet, but invasions often aren't really the best thing for the people being invaded. Even if we're technically neutral?
>>
No. 495698 ID: c31f72

How about sushi? Freshly caught raw fish has got to be more alive than whatever you're eating and theres a river right outside town!
>>
No. 495701 ID: 5da860

>>495698
For that matter, we could probably take up fishing as a hobby.
>>
No. 495707 ID: 9ddf68

Well what is your opinion on the empire? Because so far the only thing they seem to have done is just be a conversion starter.
Also the whole Renny acting weird thing, well before you went to bed last night we kinda saw what people think of you so far and over all the whole group thinks of you as a friend, everyone but Renny. It said he had a crush on you. Oh and that Daylon guy he just seemed to hate you for some reason so I think you should just avoid him for now
>>
No. 495725 ID: b3ca75
File 136173732750.png - (41.66KB , 900x600 , 9.png )
495725

>Is there anything alive that's appropriate to eat, even if some people think it's weird or gross?
Well, there is some exotic dishes out there will live things, though it be both hard to find and very expensive to get it here.
>You only feel it's morally appropriate to eat what you kill yourself.
Except I don’t know how to hunt, nor do I have a license to hunt in these parts. And I don’t think there’s a butcher out there that would accept some weird mantis coming and killing their meat.

>How about sushi?
That… That’s actually a good idea. I should be able to get some here in school for a little extra.
>For that matter, we could probably take up fishing as a hobby.
The school got a fishing club, so getting the tools and permission to fish shouldn’t really be a problem. I should even eat them as soon as I catch them before they die, ensuring I gain as much of their life essence as possible.

>Well you guys said there was nothing of value out here, so that brings the question why here?
:ClairePIX: Why here?
:ThanraPIX: Huh?
:ClairePIX: We don’t have anything of value out here. Why would they send their forces here when they surly need them to combatant the republic army on more vital locations?
:WaranPIX: I’ve been wondering that myself. Do they know something we don’t? Or is this whole war just a distraction to get something else?
:RenaultPIX: Maybe they found the location of the sword of truth… or the ageless one!
:ThanrosPIX: Those are just myths, they don’t exist. You know, like the dreamer, big snout, the precursor or the present fairy.
:RenaultPIX: The present fairy is real!
:ThanraPIX: Maybe they found a magic well out here… or just a ton of metal or something in the ground.
:WaranPIX: The only thing I know they are after is female Mantises for some reason. Maybe their commander is looking for a bride?
:RenaultPIX: Or they are sacrificing Mantis maidens to the great Dopefish. Dopefish fhtagn!
:ThanrosPIX: You do know reality and fairy tales are to different things, right?

Insert Dopefish lives!_
>>
No. 495726 ID: c31f72

Sword of truth? Whats all that about?
>>
No. 495727 ID: 9ddf68

sword of truth, whats that?
the ageless one, sounds like lizbeth to me. I wonder how things are going with her
>>
No. 495728 ID: 76b151

Huh, the sword of truth sounds interesting. Since we do know the ageless one exists (Hi Liz!) maybe some of the other things do to. Ask about the dreamer, and the sword.

I wonder if the sword would reveal your lich nature.
>>
No. 495738 ID: 37aa84

Provoking a war just for the sake of finding a bride doesn't seem like a good way to run a government, besides do they not have Mantis females in the empire? Ask about what a magic well is, sounds like another option to keep your magic up if we get in a tight spot and can locate one.
>>
No. 495743 ID: b3ca75
File 136174069438.png - (41.49KB , 900x600 , 10.png )
495743

>Ask about what a magic well is.
It’s a place where a lot of natural magic exists, though there isn’t one anywhere near here that we know of. Besides, if it isn’t claimed by people who can harvest it then it’s a very dangerous place to be, what with all the magical beasts and undead that should be in the area.

>sword of truth, whats that?
:ThanraPIX: Oh right, you aren’t from around these parts. Legends say that the sword was forged and wielded by some legendary paladin of old. I think he was called Kretos or something.
:RenaultPIX: It’s Kevros Ssus, and he wasn’t just some legendary paladin. He was the greatest paladin that’s ever lived. He even created the new order of paladins that exist today!
:ThanrosPIX: Apparently, the sword supposedly gained the power to see if someone was good or evil, and what they really were.
:WaranPIX: Which is why it’s a myth. I mean, how do you define what’s good or evil? Isn’t one of the most important teachings of the new order that there isn’t a good or evil?
:RenaultPIX: Meh, you’re no fun. Stop destroying our myth with logic, you cur!

>Ask about the dreamer.
:RenaultPIX: Some people believes that the whole world is some kind of illusion dreamt up by some extremely powerful creature as he sleeps, or something. Completely bollocks, if you ask me.
:ThanraPIX: And the sword isn’t?
:RenaultPIX: Hey, the sword is more believable than the dreamer.
:ThanrosPIX: Hmm, what would happen if the dreamer woke up?

>Provoking a war just for the sake of finding a bride doesn't seem like a good way to run a government.
:WaranPIX: The empire is kind of crazy, so it would surprise me if they did.
:ThanrosPIX: ‘ey, maybe Claire would be the perfect bride?
:RenaultPIX: What? You d-dare suggest that Claire should just be married away without a say? It’s her choice who she ends up with, not the empire.
:ThanraPIX: …wait, doesn’t mantises have male harems?
:WaranPIX: I’m sure there are males with enough power to do the opposite.

Insert Myths and legends_
>>
No. 495744 ID: 37aa84

>What? You d-dare suggest that Claire should just be married away without a say? It’s her choice who she ends up with, not the empire.

Darn, looks like it is a crush instead of fear, oh well.

So Claire being a Lich would you be capable of harvesting a magic well in the event that we stumbled on one? I'm not suggesting we just run off on a wild-goose chase for one but it could be helpful. Let the others know you have no interest in marrying someone who would choose to just invade a country and steal himself a bride. How do Mantis' differentiate between their genders and is there a way to fool them just so he doesn't have you seized.
>>
No. 495749 ID: c31f72

Huh. I didn't think Kev's sword would end up a mythological artifact. I wonder if his maids outfit is one too? He was so adorable in that thing...
Hey, is his codpiece still flying around being an unstoppable Deus ex machina?
>>
No. 495755 ID: a31717

>I didn't think Kev's sword would end up a mythological artifact. I wonder if his maids outfit is one too?
Calling it. Thanra's ultimate equipment set. Sword of truth (perfect for she who talks too much) and armor that "looks pretty".

>Hey, is his codpiece still flying around being an unstoppable Deus ex machina?
Of course!
>>
No. 495761 ID: 76b151

You know I bet the Pretty Armor is drifting around, perfect for the lizard that wears it, granting unbelievable protection, and yet only worn as a practical joke. Pity. Kevros and Liz were very fond of it.

We should seek it out for Thanra so she can look pretty and be protected.
>>
No. 495762 ID: 8fbeb2

Hey speaking of maid uniforms when do you have to wear yours
>>
No. 495767 ID: f2c20c

>>495743
>The world is an illusion created by a powerful dreamer
Oh great, the dean prophesized that he'd wake up, too. And you're secretly a lich? What is this, Chee Quest? Are we gonna eat all the gods then escape to the real world holding the souls of everyone on the planet in the stomach of a shapeshifting undead abomination that's sealed inside your body?

Mantises have male harems? Okay, I guess that confirms the harem route is feasible this time around. It even seems like the kind of thing that fits your personality.

Hey, uh, since the Empire's already set up shop here, we should go talk to Dylon when we have time. We have a password and everything. "Learn, Adapt, Evolve".
>>
No. 495882 ID: b3ca75
File 136177324265.png - (35.30KB , 900x600 , 11.png )
495882

>So Claire being a Lich would you be capable of harvesting a magic well in the event that we stumbled on one?
I don’t know. I’ve never even stumbled into any natural magic at all.
>How do Mantis' differentiate between their genders and is there a way to fool them just so he doesn't have you seized.
Well, if I’m going to fool somebody then I’m going to need to be a few feet shorter, change my smell and my mandibles. Besides, don’t we already know that he’s looking for me because of you guys?

>Hey, uh, since the Empire's already set up shop here, we should go talk to Dylon when we have time.
I should. I’ll do it as soon as class is over. Getting it over with, you know.
>Legendary maid uniform / codpiece.
…I’m not even going to ask.

>Hey speaking of maid uniforms when do you have to wear yours?
:ClairePIX: About those maid uniforms?
:RenaultPIX: You already know about Kevros Legendary maid uniform of awesome destruction!?
:WaranPIX: I think she means- wait, legendary maid uniform? What in the name of an Eaggrans behind? Enough of your idiocy, please. Anyway, about your maid uniform, its weekend tomorrow and we got the day off so to maximize the time for you guys to clean our stuff we’re going to do it then.
:RenaultPIX: But it goes like pew pew boom and stuff…

>Let the others know you have no interest in marrying someone who would choose to just invade a country and steal himself a bride.
:ClairePIX: Changing the subject before Renny hurts himself, You don’t have to worry about the bride thing. I’m not interest in some guy that just invades a country and steals himself a bride.
:ThanraPIX: I don’t think you really have a choice in the matter, if he is looking for a bride that is.
:RenaultPIX: So… um… w-what kind of guys do-
:ClairePIX:
:RenaultPIX: …I-I’ll be g-good…


------------------------------------------
Monster theory 101
------------------------------------------
:AryaPIX: Ah, zombies. The adventurer’s constant foe. You probably believe you know everything already, but I’ve known many arrogant students who thought the same and yet meet their end in one of these. Tell me, for example, how do you destroy one of the undead? And what do they sound like? The new girl… Claire was it… please answers the questions how you believe you should destroy a zombie and what a zombie sound like.
:RenaultPIX: Psst, center of mass and nothing.

Insert back to school_
>>
No. 495887 ID: f2c20c

>>495882
You're an expert. Answer accurately and with as much detail as would be useful to your classmates, but no more than that.

I'd keep in mind at this point that Thanra could put 2 and 2 together and figure out you're undead, though. She told you last night about the crypt, you were talking about 'feeding' and she knows some corpses were eaten on.

I'd try to make good friends with her if I were you.
>>
No. 495888 ID: a31717

>how you believe you should destroy a zombie and what a zombie sound like
Okay, if there's anyone who should know the answer to this (considering what you are, and what happened to your parents) it's you. You don't need us to make up an answer.
>>
No. 495897 ID: c31f72

Guilt trip them!
If you knew how to slay zombies, your parents would still be alive.
>>
No. 495902 ID: a19d72

killing a zombie is easy, you just have to crush the head.
>>
No. 495906 ID: 5da860

Tearing them to pieces and throwing every piece into a fire generally works.
>>
No. 495978 ID: b3ca75
File 136180499095.png - (35.44KB , 900x600 , 12.png )
495978

>You're an expert.
Accidently raising the dead and killing someone doesn’t make you an expert.
>I'd keep in mind at this point that Thanra could put 2 and 2 together and figure out you're undead.
That’s why she must be consumed like the bag of filthy rotting flesh she is… Oh gods, did I just think that? I mean I have to make friends with her not… that!

>Okay, if there's anyone who should know the answer to this (considering what you are, and what happened to your parents) it's you.
:ClairePIX: They scream things about hate.
:AryaPIX: That’s… I’ll give you partly right for that. Now, as for killing one?
>you just have to crush the head.
:AryaPIX: Now, that one is wrong. Want another guess?
>Tearing them to pieces and throwing every piece into a fire generally works.
:AryaPIX: A bit overkill, but that would work, yes. To destroy a zombie you have to destroy its chest, its center of mass so to speak. It’s there the magical energies which keeps it alive reside. Destroying its head will not actually stop it, though it will blind it somewhat. A fair warning, if you destroy the head of a zombie, do not expect that it will not find you just because it can’t see. It can track you by your life essence even without eyes. As for the sound they make, they are actually dead quite. They do not moan or proclaim “Brains”. Though it is possible for an experienced necromancer to make them keep repeating a sentence, or alternative an inexperience one making it accidently repeat the necromancer’s thoughts when they raised them. Now, let’s go through some tips and tricks…
>>
No. 495979 ID: b3ca75
File 136180500626.png - (26.52KB , 900x600 , 13.png )
495979

------------------------------------------
Practical Combat
------------------------------------------

:AryaPIX: Well then, Miss Clíodhna, welcome to combat training. This is the place where you’re going to learn how to fight with all the mighty beefc- what are you looking at?
:ClairePIX: Why is Thanros shooting Renny with arrows?
:RenaultPIX: Ha! You shoot like a cow, you mongr- OW!
:AryaPIX: Because Thanros need experience with shooting moving targets and Renault need to learn to move quicker. Don’t worry, they are training arrows, they aren’t going to penetrate his armor. Now, as for you, we got you a brand new weapon to train with. Let’s see, what was it you where proficient with?

Choose your Weapon_
-Cl’k scythes (“Fist” weapon)
-Glaive (Polearm)
-Estoc (Edgeless 2h sword)
>>
No. 495981 ID: a31717

I'd say scythe-fists or the estoc are the most interesting options.

Sythe-fists give us a bonus on our natural matis shape, and an unarmed fighting style gives us an edge if we ever go full on lich-form (unarmed draining attacks).

On the other hand, the estoc is a finesse based weapon. It has no edge, so it can actually work as a non-lethal option if we want (something we often have trouble with in quests). And it is made for stabbing armor penetration (good against bugs and soldiers).

The only real advantage of the glaive is reach, but with mantis arms, we got plenty of that already.

Both are good against zombies too- we can either rip them to shreds with scythes (without fear of getting bit or something too close in because we're already undead) or use the estoc to stab directly into the center of mass.
>>
No. 495994 ID: eaf2f5

Though the estoc is damn classy weapon i am going to suggest scythes since they are probably harder to disarm from us during battle.
And if we end up in some jail without our gear we would not be helpless since we would be proficient fighting unarmed
>>
No. 495997 ID: 001618

eh, the Cl’k scythes I believe would be the most useful and most bad ass looking but plays a bit much on 'your a lich' in my opinion so if your trying to get away form that go with Estoc if not Cl’k scythes all the way
>>
No. 496000 ID: 13bd11

My heart wants me to say Estoc, because it's pure sex in blade form, but I'll agree having an unarmed combat style would certainly benefit you in many ways.
>>
No. 496003 ID: 37aa84

So what kind of hateful thoughts were you having when you raised your first undead horde?

Yeah, go with the Cl’k scythes for your weapon. Also tell Renault that's appropriate since he dodges like a dairy farmer.
>>
No. 496035 ID: f2c20c

Huh, so Renault was correct about how zombies work. I wonder how he knew that?

>>495979
Whatever's coolest.
>>
No. 496105 ID: a19d72

Cl’k scythes
>>
No. 496106 ID: 5d98c3

Phased plasma rifle in the 40watt range.
>>
No. 496280 ID: b3ca75
File 136189092997.png - (27.88KB , 900x600 , 14.png )
496280

>So what kind of hateful thoughts were you having when you raised your first undead horde?
Let’s just say there is a reason why they went after my parents and leave it at that.
>tell Renault that's appropriate since he dodges like a dairy farmer.
:ClairePIX: Hey, Renny, It’s appropriate that he shoot’s like a cow because you dodge like a dairy farmer!
:RenaultPIX: Oh yeah? Well, it’s appropriate that I’m a dairy farmer because… um… I’m… going to… um… milk you?
:ThanrosPIX: I don’t know if you were trying to be perverted or an idiot…

>Huh, so Renault was correct about how zombies work. I wonder how he knew that?
:ClairePIX: By the way, Renny, how did you knew that stuff about zombies?
:RenaultPIX: Why, there are these things called books that’s filled with information just lying around here. You should try one sometime.

>My heart wants me to say Estoc, because it's pure sex in blade form.
That’s either disgusting or very painful…
>Phased plasma rifle in the 40watt range.
I’m sorry, but I’m not some killer robot sent back in time to kill Dr. Emmett Brown. I have to live with a pair of BFS on my arms in the 1.21 gig watts range.

>Sythe-fists!
Current Status:
Melee - Cl’k scythes
Magic – Energy Drain (Touch), Raise dead (Touch)

HP: 40/40
Necromantic Power: Very Good
Humanity: Bad
Cheeses: Nonexistent
>>
No. 496281 ID: b3ca75
File 136189094021.png - (26.66KB , 900x600 , 15.png )
496281

:ThanraPIX: Holy sh- Those things are huge!
:ClairePIX: Why are they made of some kind of nerf?
:AryaPIX: Because I don’t want you to hurt anyone, including yourself, when you train. Don’t worry they are supposed to be the same weight. Now, let’s see what you can do with those things… Thanra, take the field.
:ThanraPIX: Wait… I’m going to fight those things!?
:AryaPIX: Don’t worry, their intimidating factor might be big but they are still just like any other weapon. Now… 3… 2…
:ClairePIX: Um… rules?
:AryaPIX: There are no rules. We’re teaching survival, not to fight fair. Just refrain from doing something overkill, like pulling off a limb or gauge out an eye. Those things take time to regrow you know. I will also judge what kind of damage you do with your weapons, because those things won’t do much against anything. Now… 1… fight!
:ThanraPIX: Wait, but I-

Insert Mortal combat!_
>>
No. 496282 ID: d6ef5d

>Wait, but I-
Don't be a dick and attack Thanra before she's ready. It might get you the victory, but a quick takedown isn't useful training, nor is it good for friendship.

After she's not off guard and protesting like an idiot, feel free to fight and all.

Also, we probably want to refrain from using our magic. Again, it might give us the edge we need to win, but it doesn't really help our melee training, and Thanra can't afford to pay the xp costs of getting drained at this level. That and, yanno, we don't want to out ourselves.

>trogdor the burninator shield crest
Nice touch.
>>
No. 496286 ID: eaf2f5

Tell Thanra to get ready then start throwing some fast jabs or pokes at her to gauge how far you can reach with those things.
>>
No. 496298 ID: b3ca75
File 136190129594.png - (27.27KB , 900x600 , 16.png )
496298

>Don't be a dick.
:AryaPIX: And Thanra is dead because she hesitated. What is it?
:ThanraPIX: Um… I never fought a mantis in close combat. Can I get some tips?
:AryaPIX: Watch out for her front legs, they got claws on them for a reason. And a mantis might have reach and height advantage, you on the other hand has quite superior mobility and agility. Use it.
:ThanraPIX: Got it.
:AryaPIX: And Clarie? I don’t know if I should praise you for putting loyalty above pride or if I should scold you for not taking the opportunity…

>Tell Thanra to get ready then start throwing some fast jabs or pokes at her to gauge how far you can reach with those things.
:ClairePIX: Ready?
:ThanraPIX: Yes, let’s do this!

Claire attacks Thanra (Blocked)
Claire attacks Thanra (Blocked)
Thanra attacks Claire for 0 damage (right arm)


:AryaPIX: Remember, just because she can’t reach your body, doesn’t mean she can still hurt you. Try using all four of your limbs to get by her shield.

Insert Half assed combat!_
>>
No. 496300 ID: d6ef5d

>if I should scold you for not taking the opportunity…
Meh, the opportunity wouldn't have benefited us in any way. There's no training benefit, this isn't a fight we actually need to worry about ending, and not being a dick to allies is a good thing.

Of course, we're plenty willing to be ruthless in a real fight.

>Try using all four of your limbs to get by her shield.
Yeah, sure, do that. She only has one sword and shield each. We got more limbs than that.
>>
No. 496301 ID: 76b151

Right, the next time she blocks grab at her shield and yank it so she is off balance. Parry her strike with your metal limbs then get close in. She can't manuever that sword well close-up. However your weapons are built around close-in fighting.
>>
No. 496310 ID: eaf2f5

Use the scythes as hooks and
grab one of Thanra legs. Then pull to make her fall on her ass.

Also how good are mantis front legs at kicking?
>>
No. 496311 ID: 78c6ea

Your mantis claws were made for grabbing. Grab dat shield!
>>
No. 496316 ID: b3ca75
File 136190635752.png - (27.09KB , 900x600 , 17.png )
496316

>Right, the next time she blocks grab at her shield and yank it so she is off balance. Parry her strike with your metal limbs then get close in.
>Your mantis claws were made for grabbing. Grab dat shield!

Claire Grabs Thanra (shield)!
Claire Grabs Thanra (Sword)!
Claire attacks Thanra for 0 damage x2 (Shoulders)!


:ThanraPIX: Aaah!
:AryaPIX: Well, Thanra just got two blades her own size shoved into her torso so she dead. Congratulations, Claire, you won.
:ThanraPIX: aw man…
:AryaPIX: Thanra, remember to move more, you should have easily outmaneuvered Claire if you actually used your legs. Oh, and remember that your shield is just as much as a weapon as your sword, be offensive and bash.
:ThanraPIX: Yes, teach.
:AryaPIX: As for Claire, you really showed that you know what you are doing, though you should think a bit more defensive. You did after all leave yourself open several times. Now that you have proven you can actually use those things then I got something else for you. Apparently some lizard name Balros has challenged you to a student duel, like the one you just had with Thanra but with dull metal instead of the nerf. Don’t worry; we have healers on standby if anything should happen. You’re free to decline the challenge if you wish. So… what say you?

Insert fight or flight_
>>
No. 496317 ID: 78c6ea

Balros totally sounds like an evil name. I bet he's the big bad. CHOOSE SQUIRTLE
>>
No. 496318 ID: 76b151

I'm game if you are Claire.
>>
No. 496321 ID: d6ef5d

>student duel
What, now? I would have thought there'd be a minimum period of instruction before students were allowed to participate in that kind of thing.

Whatever, bring it. The first rival battle is cake. Just remember to attack and don't waste any turns on growl / tail whip and you're pretty much guaranteed to win. Unless you've offended the random number god and he gives your rival all critical hits or something.
>>
No. 496323 ID: b3ca75
File 136190792829.png - (32.40KB , 900x600 , 18.png )
496323

>Just remember to attack and don't waste any turns on growl / tail whip and you're pretty much guaranteed to win.
Well, as I don’t have a tail to whip I promise I will not growl at him… too much…

>What, now? I would have thought there'd be a minimum period of instruction before students were allowed to participate in that kind of thing.
:AryaPIX: Why, yes. The minimum period is as long as I decide it is and as you have clearly shoved that you’re ready for something like this…

>Whatever, bring it. The first rival battle is cake.
:AryaPIX: Ah… pride before the fall…

-Weapon change-

:BalrosPIX: Remember me twerp? It’s time for that ass kicking I promised you!
:AryaPIX: Are you ready, or do you wish to say something? I recommend thinking about the fight before we begin, so you don’t freeze for the first few seconds.

Insert passive aggressive combat_
>>
No. 496325 ID: 76b151

Tell him you don't remember him at all. He must not be all that important. Get him mad. Let him rush you.

Trip him up, get behind him and start wailing on his unprotected back.
>>
No. 496330 ID: 13bd11

Y'know, looking at those blades, they look pretty much perfect for a parry weapon considering you have two of them and all the range of motion of your wrist to direct the enemy weapon,
>>
No. 496331 ID: 78c6ea

Man, Claire is terribad at reading our intentions. Pride before a fall, really?

It was a statement of dread for the rest of the rival battles which are all horrible.
>>
No. 496338 ID: d6ef5d

>>496325
Yeah, go with this. I'm sorry, who are you again? (This will be a running gag. We will continually not remember him, as he keeps using the 'wrong' name).

>battle!
He's got what, a two handed sword? That's more power and reach, at the cost of some speed. Priority is probably on parrying it until forcing an opening you can strike with, and using your extra limbs to press him and keep him from using his smaller size / speed / mobility to any advantage.

>It was a statement of dread for the rest of the rival battles which are all horrible.
Especially since we're basically nuzlocking here. We've got a party provided by the rng, and we can't abuse saves to dodge losses.
>>
No. 496342 ID: b3ca75
File 136191184854.png - (31.84KB , 900x600 , 19.png )
496342

>Y'know, looking at those blades, they look pretty much perfect for a parry weapon.
Indeed they are. They are even dull on one side for maximum parry effectiveness.
>Tell him you don't remember him at all. He must not be all that important. Get him mad.
:ClairePIX: Have we meet? I’m sorry, but if I can’t remember you then you can’t really be that important.
:Balros: Don’t worry, I’ll beat my name into you.

>Let him rush you. Trip him up, get behind him and start wailing on his unprotected back.
>Priority is probably on parrying it until forcing an opening you can strike with.,
:AryaPIX: Ready? 3… 2… 1… fight!

Balros charges Claire!

Ha, right into my tra-

Balros uses quick Sweep Claire for 1 damage (Legs)!
Claire is unable to parry, to quick!
Claire is unbalanced!


Son of a- This wasn’t part of the plan!

Insert Left Right Left Blitz_
>>
No. 496361 ID: f2c20c

>>496342
He's fast.

Dodge and get a little distance to rebalance yourself, then try testing his defenses with some feints while keeping your guard up with both legs and arms.

He only has one weapon, mind you- if you can get him to block, you can strike with your other weapon while his is busy with your first.
>>
No. 496373 ID: 9ddf68

they say a best defense is a good offence so I say keep attacking him and don't let him get a blow in edge wise. and you have four feet so if he keeps blocking your scythes feel free to give him a good kick in the ribs... or crotch since anything goes here, maybe give him a good headbutt if your getting desperit just DO NOT use your lich powers at all or you WILL be fucked
>>
No. 496381 ID: 37aa84

Well your feet are already off the ground and he's turned away so give him a quick kick and begin your assault. Remember that as a lizard he's more maneuverable than you so you need to keep the pressure on and not let him get around you or get any distance. The length of his blade should make it unwieldy at close range so keep close, the blade of your scythes may also be hard to use so close but you should still be able to bludgeon him with the dull sides.
>>
No. 496434 ID: 5da860

Reach around him with one of your scythes if you can get close enough, so he won't be able to dodge the attacks from your other limbs.
>>
No. 496536 ID: b3ca75
File 136196122693.png - (33.16KB , 900x600 , 20.png )
496536

>Well your feet are already off the ground and he's turned away so give him a quick kick and begin your assault.

Claire kicks Balros for 2 damage (Torso)!
:BalrosPIX: -Off!

>they say a best defense is a good offence so I say keep attacking him and don't let him get a blow in edge wise.

Claire attacks Balros for 1 damage (glancing)!
Claire attacks Balros (parry)!
Claire Kicks Balros (Dodge)!
Claire attacks Balros (parry)!
Claire attacks Balros (parry)!
Claire Kicks Balros (Dodge)!


Well, I got him on the defensive…

>Reach around him with one of your scythes if you can get close enough, so he won't be able to dodge the attacks from your other limbs.
I can’t get close enough without leaving myself open. He’s way too good at keeping his distance.

:RenaultPIX: Come on Claire, you can do it!
:ThanraPIX: Kick his butt!
:ThanrosPIX: Kick that cute little butt!
:WaranPIX: Woo?

Insert Defective Combat!_
>>
No. 496538 ID: f2c20c

>>496536
I assume some of those kicks are attempted sweeps? Turnabout is fair play, you know.

Try to disarm him. Those scythes look like they'd be good at locking up your enemy's weapon.
>>
No. 496539 ID: eaf2f5

Can you step on his toes with your front legs and then push him with all your might, making him fall on his ass?
>>
No. 496542 ID: b3ca75
File 136197222278.png - (33.86KB , 900x600 , 21.png )
496542

>Can you step on his toes with your front legs and then push him with all your might, making him fall on his ass?
Not if I don’t want get hit over the head with his dull sword.
>Try to disarm him. Those scythes look like they'd be good at locking up your enemy's weapon.

Claire uses disarm on Balros (sword)!

:BalrosPIX: Let go… of… my…

Balros uses power attack on Claire for 24 damage (Right arm)!
Claires Right arm is disabled!


:ClairePIX: AAAH!
:BalrosPIX: Wops…

Insert it’s only a flesh wound_
>>
No. 496548 ID: 9747ef

Did he just sever our arm? Whatever, healers. No one would expect you to keep fighting after that, so swipe with your other arm and hit him on the back of the neck, while his guard is down. It'll be supremely badass. Then we can pass out.
>>
No. 496549 ID: d6ef5d

Quickly! Take advantage of his distraction at giving you a non-lethal injury to deliver a lethal one to his torso with your other arm (...or what would be lethal if we weren't using training weapons).

He's also temporarily disarmed! He let go of the sword he stuck in you!
>>
No. 496555 ID: b3ca75
File 136197785009.png - (256.60KB , 900x600 , 22.png )
496555

>Did he just sever our arm?
He plunged a dull sword through my arm!
>No one would expect you to keep fighting after that, so swipe with your other arm and hit him on the back of the neck, while his guard is down. It'll be supremely badass.
:AryaPIX: Figh-
Claire attacks Balros for 4 damage (Head)!
Balros is Dazed!
Balros is knocked prone!

:BalrosPIX: …Ow?
:AryaPIX: Fights over, da-mit. Healers, do yo-r thing.

>Whatever, healers.
:HealerPIX: Rem-ber your tr-ining. Sta-t from the center of t-e mu-cle and m-e ou-wa-ds.
:WaranPIX: You o-y, Clkrlgb?
>Then we can pass out.
You successfully pass out.
>>
No. 496556 ID: b3ca75
File 136197788193.png - (3.38KB , 900x600 , 23.png )
496556

-Some time later-

:RenaultPIX: -heard that they even eat mantis eggs in the southern part of the empire.
:ThanraPIX: Wait, do you mean laid eggs with babies in them or those weird sperm balls the males produces? Because it’s either murder or very disgusting…
:RenaultPIX: The male ones, of course.
:ThanrosPIX: Ew… wait, I think she’s waking up…

Insert Wake up Chrono_
>>
No. 496557 ID: d6ef5d

>Insert Wake up Chrono_
No way! There are reptites and bug people out there! Obviously we did something wrong and this is a bad end.
>>
No. 496558 ID: eaf2f5

Show your warrior spirit! Wake up flailing your arms wildly and screaming "YOU HAVEN'T WON YET BALROS!"
>>
No. 496560 ID: 001618

so how do you feel and hows the arm.
also ask what happened after the fight
>>
No. 496563 ID: c6319f

Declare that Balros was the first to be unable to fight because he was disarmed so obviously you won because he only half disarmed you. That's logic right there.
>>
No. 496564 ID: 77b987

Ask the only question that matters. Who won the fight?
>>
No. 496565 ID: d6ef5d

>>496563
Well, also, you only lost an arm. If that fight had been using real weapons? He would have been decapitated.
>>
No. 496567 ID: b3ca75
File 136198212332.png - (32.76KB , 900x600 , 24.png )
496567

> No way! There are reptites and bug people out there! Obviously we did something wrong and this is a bad end.
But the future refused to change…
>So how do you feel and how’s the arm.
I feel… surprisingly good, and the arm seems to just be very numb. Weird, I thought it would be worse. I do crave some flesh though, but not enough to actually go crazy again.

[Necromantic power is average.]

> Show your warrior spirit! Wake up flailing your arms wildly and screaming "YOU HAVEN'T WON YET BALROS!"
:ClairePIX: YOU HAVEN'T WON YE- OW!
:WaranPIX: Please, be careful with that arm, it’s still healing.
:BalrosPIX: Um… the fights over, mate…

>ask what happened after the fight
>Who won the fight?
:ClairePIX: So, what happen after I won the fight and beat the snot out of Balros?
:BalrosPIX: Um… You hit me after the fight was already over. I’m sorry to say it, but I won.
:ClairePIX: But I decapitated you!
:ThanrosPIX: Who cares who won? You both where fabulous, that’s all that’s matter.
:RenaultPIX: As for what happen after, Waran and what his name bald dude patched you up-
:WaranPIX: He got a name, you know.
:RenaultPIX: Yeah? What is it?
:WaranPIX: Um…
:ThanraPIX: Then we put you in your bed to rest. It’s only been like 15 minutes so nothing have really had time to happen.
:BalrosPIX: Oh, and sorry for the whole arm thing. I got a little carried away… so… um… we even?
:WaranPIX: By the way, how are you feeling? You seem to heal unnaturally fast…

Insert It isn’t easy, being green a lich_
>>
No. 496568 ID: d6ef5d

>He got a name, you know.
>Yeah, what is it?
According to the inscrutable forces of the universe... Healer. Sorry Waran, he really is a nameless npc.

>By the way, how are you feeling? You seem to heal unnaturally fast…
Uh, yeah, I feel okay. Good genes I guess?
>>
No. 496573 ID: ffbccf

"It's because I'm unnaturally fabulous."
>>
No. 496584 ID: 5d98c3

>>496567
>"We even?"
No. No we aren't. He nearly killed you DURING A TRAINING DUEL. In any military, he'd get REAMED by his commanders, were he not booted out entirely. If he's so incompetent he flies off the handle and uses lethal attacks during nonlethal matches, he has no business being a mercenary.

So no, not even. At the very minimum, he owes you the help you'll need with that crippled arm until it fully regenerates.
>>
No. 496589 ID: d6ef5d

>>496584
True, but maybe not phrase it so harshly. We'd like him to be somewhat ashamed of having taken a stupid rivalry (started over almost nothing) too far than to be a complete ass and justify him continuing to cause us problems.
>>
No. 496595 ID: 001618

just say your resilient and quick to recover.
As for the even thing, well you should tell him he really needs to watch his temper, damn man what would have happened if those were real blades. (as in sharp)
>>
No. 496597 ID: b3ca75
File 136199021817.png - (31.79KB , 900x600 , 25.png )
496597

>Uh, yeah, I feel okay.
:ClairePIX: It's because I'm unnaturally fabulous.
:WaranPIX: That… doesn’t really help, no matter how much Thanros wants it to.
:ClairePIX: Good genes?
:RenaultPIX: Maybe you’re not giving yourself enough credit? I mean, you are a better healer then you think you are…
:WaranPIX: Yeah… maybe you’re right…

>No. No we aren't. He nearly killed you DURING A TRAINING DUEL.
:ClairePIX: And Balros… no, we are not really even. You did almost kill me during training for a petty reason.
:BalrosPIX: I’m sorry, but… um… I do have this proble-
:ThanraPIX: He’s a berserker, of course his got anger issues.
:WaranPIX: And he wasn’t even close to actually killing you… or doing anything permanent. You give us healers to little credit.
:ClairePIX: But he should have…
:RenaultPIX: To be fair, he don’t have the strength to actually penetrate anything that was vital. You do know your torso armor is thicker than your arms armor right?
:BalrosPIX: But you are right, we are not even. Let me make it up for you in the future.

>At the very minimum, he owes you the help you'll need with that crippled arm until it fully regenerates.
:WaranPIX: You really give me and… um… what his name to little credit. Your arm is fine, if a little sore. As long as you don’t do anything stupid it will be as good as new by morning. In fact, feel free to get up from bed. Oh, and ignore any weird sensations you might get in it. It’s simply the alchemical ointment doing its job.
:BalrosPIX: Just say how I can make it up for you and I’m glad to help.
:ThanrosPIX: That’s not really fair… I didn’t get anything when Renny broke my arm…
:RenaultPIX: I said I was sorry, and it was only unusable for a day!
:BalrosPIX: ..Well… I can make it up for you to, if you want.

Insert Another slave… good…_
>>
No. 496598 ID: 001618

why is he so helpful all the sudden, when we first met this guy he seemed to be after our head after we said just two words to the guy.
>>
No. 496599 ID: 37aa84

Well, how about this. He can make it up to us by taking Thanros on a date, Thanros did call his butt cute. Plus it would help Thanros feel better about not being paid back for his broken arm.
>>
No. 496609 ID: b3ca75
File 136199754694.png - (35.20KB , 900x600 , 26.png )
496609

>why is he so helpful all the sudden, when we first met this guy he seemed to be after our head after we said just two words to the guy.
Well, he did say he had anger issues… hmm, though he is acting a bit too different know. Maybe he didn’t have a good day when we meet or maybe his acting nice because he’s around people he knows… or maybe both.
:ClairePIX: Hey, Balros. Why are you so helpful all the sudden? You almost bit my head off last time we meet.
:BalrosPIX: …let’s just say I had a bad day, okay?

>Well, how about this. He can make it up to us by taking Thanros on a date; Thanros did call his butt cute. Plus it would help Thanros feel better about not being paid back for his broken arm.
:ClairePIX: If you want to make up to me, then take Thanros on a date.
:ThanrosPIX: W-WHAT!? I-I-I THAT’S WHAT!?
:BalrosPIX:
:ThanraPIX: Well, you have been daydreaming about him before.
:ThanrosPIX: I-I-I-
:BalrosPIX:
:RenaultPIX: And you did say his butt was cute.
:ThanrosPIX: I-I-I-
:BalrosPIX: …I-I need to go…
:WaranPIX: Welp, I think we just destroyed another relationship.
:ThanrosPIX: W-wait, Balros! I-I-I’m sorry, I d-didn’t expect m-my friends t-to turn into some k-kind of i-imperial inquisition.
:LtBlackadderPIX: No one expects the imperial inquisition! Now, which one of you is Claire!?

Insert But everyone expects the Monty Python joke_
>>
No. 496611 ID: ef7773

>>496609
Welp.
You're the only Female Mantis in the room.
They're probably going to drag you off if we lie anyway.
>>
No. 496613 ID: 91adff

>>496609
The injured one on the bed! GET HER!
>>
No. 496614 ID: f2c20c

>>496609
Another relationship? It's happened before?!

Yeah, it's time to meet the empire, looks like.
>>
No. 496615 ID: d6ef5d

...oh boy. We just can't leave well enough alone, can we?

>Where's Claire?
Claire? No one named Claire here. I'm Clkrlgb Clíodhna.

And why are we making monty python jokes when that's Black Adder who burst into the room? Wrong English comedy!

>>496613
Luckily, as that's not foken, I don't think he can hear you.
>>
No. 496619 ID: b3ca75
File 136200068877.png - (36.25KB , 900x600 , 27.png )
496619

>And why are we making monty python jokes when that's Black Adder who burst into the room? Wrong English comedy!
Apparently they didn’t need any FRESH HORSES!
>Yeah, it's time to meet the empire, looks like.
Well, I was going to meet them anyway…

>Claire? No one named Claire here. I'm Clkrlgb Clíodhna.
:ClairePIX: I’m C-
:RenaultPIX: I’m Claire!
:WaranPIX: No, I’m Claire!
:ThanrosPIX: I’m Claire and so is my sister!
:BalrosPIX: No, I’m Claire and so is my date!
:ThanrosPIX: D-D-DATE!?
:ThanraPIX: I’m Claire and so is this bed!
:RenaultPIX: Um…
:ThanraPIX: I ran out of people, okay?

>You're the only Female Mantis in the room.
:LtBlackadderPIX: …We already know she is a female mantis. The question was more of a formality if anything. Now, Miss Clíodhna, Do you wish to earn a few gold? All we require is a blood sample and your cooperation.

Insert I’m Spartacus!_
>>
No. 496620 ID: 76b151

wouldn't that reveal you are a lich?
>>
No. 496621 ID: d6ef5d

...you already gave a fairly large blood sample for one day. But if this is one of those things you don't get a choice in otherwise, sure. See what you can scrape off Balros' sword and we'll take your gold.
>>
No. 496622 ID: 001618

why the hell do they need your blood and for cooperation thing, depends on what they want from you I guess. see if you can find out what that is before hand.
also if it's something that doesn't look like it would be in your best interest, be ready to run, uh somehow
>>
No. 496623 ID: f2c20c

>>496619
No blood sample. We would, however, like to speak to Dylon. After we get some sushi.
>>
No. 496627 ID: 001618

also if the shit hits the fan and this guys look like they might try and hurt you or any of your friends we have a safety word that SHOULD calm things down a bit. Downside to this though is it will Immediately out you as the vessel and as such you might just be taken to Daylon if you don't agree to head towards him yourself so use it at your own risk

the safety word is Learn, Adapt, Evolve
ok so I lied it's words not word
>>
No. 496628 ID: 14bafe

Technically Claire isn't allowed to take contracts from the Empire; it has to go through the Academy first. Otherwise, she could have bad things happen to her.
>>
No. 496629 ID: d6ef5d

>>496628
Oh. Oh. That's right! Say that. Use the rules as a shield.
>>
No. 496636 ID: 5d98c3

>>496619
Yep, you can't take ANY contract or pick a side, the Academy has mandated it thus for students, and you don't wanna get fragged.
>>
No. 496642 ID: 5d98c3

>>496641
He offered money, it's a contract. Much like prostitution. Also, that guy's right, don't give them any blood, that liquid was crap.
>>
No. 496643 ID: 37aa84

How would giving a blood sample count as choosing a side in the conflict?

Sorry but you left a little bit too much blood on the training grounds today to be giving out any samples, and even if you could give one it would have to be for a very good reason. Be careful they might be trying to use your blood in crazy experiments to create pure distilled luck in a liquid form.
>>
No. 496651 ID: 37aa84

>>496642
Waran said during breakfast that the Empire had talked to other Female Mantis' this morning so I'm sure whatever they are claiming to be doing has been cleared by the school or the school would have heard about it and lodged a complaint with the Empire.
>>
No. 496653 ID: beeca1

>>496651
So? Perhaps they have. That does take time.
>>
No. 496655 ID: d6ef5d

>>496653
We obviously can't just take his word that he's been cleared by the school. We have our own chain of command to respect- and we've been given an order.

And taking money in exchange for goods or services totally constitutes taking a contract.
>>
No. 496657 ID: beeca1

>>496655
To clarify, that's what I meant, yes. "they have" is the school possibly lodging a complaint.
>>
No. 496737 ID: b3ca75
File 136203164271.png - (35.39KB , 900x600 , 28.png )
496737

>wouldn't that reveal you are a lich?
I-I don’t know… maybe… probably… definitely…
>why the hell do they need your blood
:LtBlackadderPIX: Why? For the people, of course! For the betterment of all! Do you not wish to live in a world where, for example, no family will be destroyed by something as simple as Rust Rot?
:ClairePIX: …you know about my family?
:LtBlackadderPIX: Think about it. Never again will so many sons die in vain, never again will parents become desperate because of it, never again will a daughter be given away in futility.
:ClairePIX: …Please shut up.

>Technically Claire isn't allowed to take contracts from the Empire.
:ClairePIX: I’m sorry, but I can’t take a contract or choose side.
:LtBlackadderPIX: Don’t worry, we have gotten the permission from school. They don’t count this as a contract.
:RenaultPIX: How? Most teachers hates the empire, why would they help you.
:LtBlackadderPIX: They might dislike us, but they still follow the golden rule.

>Sorry but you left a little bit too much blood on the training grounds today to be giving out any samples.
:ClairePIX: I’m sorry, but I already lost enough blood for today.
:LtBlackadderPIX: Ah, of course. Do not worry, then we simply have to get the samples another way. We are sorry that we can’t come to an agreement. I will take my leave, then.

>the safety word is Learn, Adapt, Evolve.
:ClairePIX: …um… Learn, Adapt, Evolve?
:LtBlackadderPIX: …My lady, please forgive my insolence. I did not know it was you. His lordship, high commander Dylon wishes to invite you to dinner, if my lady so pleases. I can escort you there immediately or do you wish to change into something more appropriate dinner wear, my Excellency?
:ThanraPIX: Whoa, did his tone just make a u curve?
:RenaultPiX: My lady?
:LtBlackadderPIX: We are here but to serve you, exalted one.

Insert All hail the queen!_
>>
No. 496746 ID: 9ddf68

well you just let that cat out of the bag so you might as well get this over with. I would normally advise you take some kind of weapon encase things don't go the way you would like them to but you specialize in unarmed AND your a lich with death touch so I feel you'd be fine if something happens.
on a side note I'm surprise that the guard called him Dylon because last time he was being addressed by everyone, well just the queen, as Falken or something like that. Good to know at least some people can get it right I guess.
>>
No. 496749 ID: f2c20c

>>496737
Try to make it clear you don't know why he's calling you that. Because honestly we don't.

But yeah, we'd like to meet Dylon. Maybe not over dinner, that seems like a bit much... unless we can request certain things for the menu. (this could be a good chance to recover some power.)
>>
No. 496774 ID: 37aa84

Well the Empress can get away with misremembering his name, I doubt his own soldiers have the same luxury. Say you need a minute to change and ask him to wait outside. Use the time changing to give your friends as much of an explanation as you are capable of providing until you find out more about why the Empire wants you.
>>
No. 496783 ID: b3ca75
File 136206109942.png - (33.20KB , 900x600 , 29.png )
496783

>But yeah, we'd like to meet Dylon. Maybe not over dinner, that seems like a bit much... unless we can request certain things for the menu.
:ClairePIX: Dinner? Um… can I make a request for what’s on the menu?
:LtBlackadderPIX: Of course. Your will is our desire! …if we have the necessary ingredients, that is.

>Say you need a minute to change and ask him to wait outside.
Well, I don’t really have anything to change into… but…
:ClariePIX: Can I get a moment in private with my friends?
:LtBlackadderPIX: Your wish is our command.

>Try to make it clear you don't know why he's calling you that. Because honestly we don't.
:RenaultPIX: …so… what’s up with the empire kissing your as- I mean kiss your abdom- I mean kiss up to you.
:ClairePIX: I honestly don’t know. The few imperials I’ve meet have all been kind of mean… not at all like this.
:WaranPIX: But why you? Why Learn, adapt, evolve? Are you hiding something or are you just as clueless like us?

>Use the time changing to give your friends as much of an explanation as you are capable of providing until you find out more about why the Empire wants you.
…But what do I say? That I’m a lich that’s a vessel to some voices that claims to be magic itself, given to me by some mad god in a dream and that’s why the empire what’s me? Isn’t that a little bit much to digest?

Insert you need to construct additional sandwiches_
>>
No. 496790 ID: c6319f

Say that yes, you are hiding things. And that you are also clueless. Some of the things you are hiding may or may not relate directly to the empire being after you, you don't know for sure, and you don't want to go spilling all of your secrets on the off chance one of them is the right one. But you're pretty sure you aren't in danger. Not the immediate, life-threatening kind anyway.
>>
No. 496791 ID: d6ef5d

>…But what do I say?
Let's stick to explaining the secrets that sort of make sense, for the moment.

You're not entirely sure how it all works, but you're somehow being given information you shouldn't know. I mean, you were right about the empire invading, right? And we somehow knew their safeword?
>>
No. 496796 ID: 14bafe

You could just say yes.
>>
No. 496802 ID: b3ca75
File 136206930096.png - (34.40KB , 900x600 , 30.png )
496802

>Say that yes, you are hiding things. And that you are also clueless.
:ClairePIX: I… have my secrets. Some that might be related to what’s happening, though I am just as clueless as you as to why they are acting like this. I’m not entirely sure how it all works, but I somehow being given information I shouldn't know. Like information about the invasion or that safe word.
:WaranPIX: So… you’re some kind of unintentional spy? Is that why they want you? So you can’t spill their secrets?
:ClairePIX: …maybe.

>But you're pretty sure you aren't in danger. Not the immediate, life-threatening kind anyway.
:ClairePIX: At least I’m sure I’m not in any danger… unless the theory about him seeking a bride is true~
:RenaultPIX: Oh gods, they are going to sacrifice you to the great Dopefish! …unless… You aren’t a virgin maid are you? Someone like you shouldn’t be one, right?
:ThanraPIX: …That’s not something you ask, moron!
:ClairePIX: No, I’m not a virgin maiden that will be sacrificed. Aren’t maiden required to wear white or something?
:ThanraPIX: …are you really going to go in those clothes?
:ClairePIX: …um… yes? I don’t really have anything nicer?
:ThanraPIX: That can’t do at all! You’re going to have dinner a rich nobleman! You need fitting clothes!
:ThanrosPIX: Um… is clothes really the biggest concern right now?
:ThanraPIX: Of course! Hey, empire guy, you guys got a tailor with you, right?
:LtBlackadderPIX: Um… yes? If the lady wishes to have some new clothes then I’m sure something can be arranged. Just tell me color and stuff like that and I’ll get the tailor working. Oh, and what do you wish for dinner?
:ClairePIX: …I don’t know what to say…
:ThanraPIX: Hey, if you can say something more important than a nice pair of clothes then be my guest!
:WaranPIX: Not getting her killed?
:RenaultPIX: Not getting her married?
:ThanrosPIX: Not getting her abducted?
:BalrosPIX: Not getting her… um… getting her a nice dinner?

Insert project Runaway Insect_
>>
No. 496852 ID: 37aa84

I don't know, yellow would probably look good but I don't know anything about Mantis formal wear so I don't think I can suggest much beyond that. I'm a little worried about going, while they're being friendly now who knows how they may react if they find out your not interested in whatever they're offering. Let your friends know that if your not back in about two hours to let the school know about this dinner invitation and to tell them the Empire could be trying to recruit you without the schools knowledge.
>>
No. 496862 ID: e86397

Ok if your friends want to know more about why the empire wants you just tell them it has something to do with something called the voice of many. As for what you want for diner didn't we agree on sushi and for what to ... I haven't got a clue
>>
No. 496886 ID: b3ca75
File 136208950532.png - (30.73KB , 900x600 , 31.png )
496886

>Let your friends know that if your not back in about two hours to let the school know about this dinner invitation and to tell them the Empire could be trying to recruit you without the schools knowledge.
:BalrosPIX: Don’t worry, we’ll see to it that the cavalry arrives!
:RenaultPIX: You can rely on us!

>sushi.
:LtBlackadderPIX: Sushi? …of course your excellency.

>I don't know, yellow would probably look good but I don't know anything about Mantis formal wear so I don't think I can suggest much beyond that.
:LtBlackadderPIX: Yellow? I got just the thing!
:thanraPIX: Boys, out!
:RenaultPIX: HEY!
:ClairePIX: Wait a sec-

---------------------------

:LtBlackadderPIX: See, it fit like a glove.
:thanraPIX: I don’t know, it is kind of revealing…
:ClairePIX: How did you get this thing so fast? How did you know my size!?
:LtBlackadderPIX: Well, you know how young men are…
:thanraPIX: Well, she is trying to impress him…
:ClairePIX: WHAT!? This isn’t some kind of romantic thing! What is wrong with you, Thanra!?
:LtBlackadderPIX: Though maybe we should let the imagination do a little bit more work.
:thanraPIX: Hmm…
:ClairePIX: How did you even get me into this thing!? I wasn’t wearing it a second ago!!?
>>
No. 496887 ID: b3ca75
File 136208951478.png - (32.24KB , 900x600 , 32.png )
496887

:DylonPIX: What in the name of the god is going on here!? Dammit, Blackadder, I told you to bring her to me as soon as possible, not to play dress up!
:LtBlackadderPIX: B-but you said-
:DylonPIX: I said that you should treat her like an exalted guest, not like the empress herself!
:LtBlackadderPIX: O-of course, sir!
:DylonPIX: You are dismissed! Now, young lady, accept my sincere apologies for Blackadder’s… eccentric behavior. I don’t believe I have had the pleasure; I am High commander Dylon Kr’lak, the 23rd son of the Empress herself, and apparently I’m supposed to escort you to dinner for some reason.

Insert Screw the insert, I have money_
>>
No. 496889 ID: 76b151

Introduce yourself. Tell him its nice to be pampered once in a while. Ask him just why the Empire is seeking the One of the Many.
>>
No. 496893 ID: 9ddf68

well he's here now so lets get this over with
Ask him if there is anything we should know about before we go to the dinner, like taboo subjects, any offensives manners, or what?
>>
No. 496899 ID: 13bd11

>>496889

That's..possibly giving WAY too much information in the first few seconds Claire has actually met him.
>>
No. 496901 ID: 76b151

He already knows Claire is the host. What we need to find out why they want her and by extension us.
>>
No. 496903 ID: 13bd11

>>496901

Well yeah, but geez, at least wait until one of our friends isn't in the room and will only get further confused yeah?
>>
No. 496904 ID: f2c20c

>>496887
23rd son. This is the guy we met.

...hang on, I thought Dylon was who you were having dinner with? Who are we being escorted to?
>>
No. 496906 ID: d6ef5d

>magic speed dressup
Blackadder is now my favorite character. Our endgame should be making sure he somehow ends up being the one running the empire.

>Dylon
Not Folken? :V
>>
No. 496912 ID: 37aa84

Blackadder must be a former PC of some kind. He obviously knows how to utilize the equipment interface to change gear. Dylon's supposed to be able to communicate with us when near Claire I wonder if he can listen in on stuff we don't specifically mean for him to hear. Also just to prove that you are who he thinks you are repeat after me Clair 'Oiiiii, Foooolken, help, I've been trapped in a giant fish bowl I have.'
>>
No. 496991 ID: b3ca75
File 136211955565.png - (28.97KB , 900x600 , 33.png )
496991

>...hang on, I thought Dylon was who you were having dinner with? Who are we being escorted to?
To the table?
>Well yeah, but geez, at least wait until one of our friends isn't in the room and will only get further confused yeah?
:ClairePIX: Thanra, can you leave?
:ThanraPIX: Oh? Oh, I get it. You want to have some alone time, eh~
:ClairePIX: Dammit, Thanra!

>Introduce yourself. Tell him its nice to be pampered once in a while. Ask him just why the Empire is seeking the One of the Many.
:ClairePIX: I am Clkrlgb Clíodhna, and I accept your apology. It is after all quite nice to be pampered once in a while. Now, for why you are here…
:DylonPIX: Can you prove that you have them?

>Also just to prove that you are who he thinks you are repeat after me.
:ClairePIX: Oiiiii, Foooolken, help, I've been trapped in a giant fish bowl I have.
:DylonPIX: Yes, my lady, that joke get funnier… every time you tell it.
:LtBlackadderPIX: By the god, Mein Führer? Here!? Please don’t bitch slap me!
:DylonPIX: Didn’t I tell you to leave? Okay, fine, you have the one of many.
:ClairePIX: Why is the Empire seeking it out?
:DylonPIX: For the people, of course. Think about it. What you have inside you is an endless source of energy. Do you know what we can do with something like that? Just think, to end world hunger, to end all diseases, to end all wars!
:ClairePIX: You’re going to use me as a living battery?
:DylonPIX: Of course not. We are not the Republic after all. We don’t do inhuman experiments. We simply wish to observe you to see if we can either remove the vessel or maybe even duplicate it. But please, do think about it before you make up your mind. Now, I believe we had dinner waiting, if you so wish to still have it. At least let me give you a glass of nectar. We got some of the finest from the empire.
:ClairePIX: Did you really have to compare yourself to the republic in such a negative manner?
:DylonPIX: Of course, we are far superior, after all.

Insert There is no spoon_
>>
No. 496992 ID: 9ddf68

ok so he's a little smug, so what just ignore him when he goes "The empire is so great ooooohh aaaaaahhhh"
As for the examining you part, examine you how exactly, like having a guy follow you 24/7 to see if you do something strange, Attaching you to a bunch of wires or something and asking you to do something to see if they can get some kind of reading, or are they just going to ask you to do a bunch of task. IF they do plan on following you it would be kind of a bitch to hide the fact that your a lich
And on that note what is the empire's stance on liches and necromancy in general.
>>
No. 496993 ID: f2c20c

>>496991
I'm not so sure messing with us in that manner is a good idea. He'd have to ask Liz. You know, the ageless one. ...is it safe to reveal who the original vessel is? Well in any case, observation seems like an okay plan, unless they actually try to drain your mana, in which case you'd probably go crazy-lich and that's bad. Warn them that attempting to drain you of useful energy could... turn you into a corpse.

Also, uh, from what we've seen, we don't actually give you our mana supply? We can sortof use it ourselves but it seems to drain you when we do. That's why you went low on energy yesterday and had to eat... stuff. We tried to make it rain tapioca. It will, by the way, in 3 months. Liz might be the only one who can use it freely.

Then again we could probably use it for less uh... dramatic spellcasting without draining you too much. It seems like we have 3 months worth of prepaid time for preparing each spell? I don't want to try anything until you've gotten some raw food in you though.
>>
No. 496994 ID: 76b151

I ... don't think it'll work like that. Sure we have infinite power. But most of it is tied up in making it so you, you know, exist. We can't really use it.

But just give us three months and it'll rain tapioca for our amusement!
>>
No. 496995 ID: 78c6ea

Infinite power is great and all, but doesn't it stop working if we all get bored and leave? That doesn't sound like a very sustainable power source.
>>
No. 497012 ID: b3ca75
File 136213540331.png - (25.63KB , 900x600 , 34.png )
497012

>what is the empire's stance on liches and necromancy in general.
Like everywhere else civilized. A big no no.
>ok so he's a little smug, so what just ignore him when he goes "The empire is so great ooooohh aaaaaahhhh".
Yeah, sure, I can ignore that but I won’t let him take a crap all over the republic without a fight!

>Infinite power is great and all, but doesn't it stop working if we all get bored and leave?
:DylonPIX: You do realize you voices are simply a byproduct of the vessel? Even if you did move away from it, like when you came to me, the vessel would still be at the same location giving away energy. And besides, there’s nothing stopping you from jumping to other people.

>As for the examining you part, examine you how exactly.
:DylonPIX: We won’t start with anything major. A blood sample, some tissue, a few tests and a magical analyze. That sort of thing. Of course, we will compensate for your time and service, both through payment and hospitality. But, if you don’t wish to live a life of riches and glamour, then be my guest and stay in the life of rags you live in now. Ah, here we are… please, take a seat.

Insert Déjà vu_
>>
No. 497021 ID: d6ef5d

>Liches A big no no.
Honestly, I think the "vessel" deal will be rather more important to them. If you're a secret undead monster with no rights as a person, they'll just use that as an way to control you rather than kill you. Well, unless they plan on killing the vessel anyways. Harnessing seems more likely though.

>you voices are simply a byproduct of the vessel?
Haha, yeah sure. It's not like we have an intimate hand in the creation of these vessels or anything...

>the vessel would still be at the same location giving away energy.
You... do realize this isn't our first vessel? I mean, not even by a long shot. I mean, you're right we can hop around mostly harmlessly, but if we get really bored, we're entirely capable of taking our ball with us and heading home (and/or letting this entire universe die. Oh wait we're not supposed to talk about that bit. We did this whole thing, once, to prevent boredom induced universe death). And sucks for you guys if anything happens to this vessel- when we pick a new one they tend be be separated by vast swaths of time and space. You break it and you bought it, at least for your lifetime.

>Examining
How about we cut through the pleasantries and you just tell us what your plans are if your tests come back positive. I'm sure that's a lot more interesting than the tests themselves.
>>
No. 497023 ID: 9747ef

You know, when a being as powerful as Claire comes along, living a life of rags isn't even really a possibility for her. Sure, she could take your deal, or she could continue training, reach her full potential, and then achieve the life she wants on her on. Much more powerful that way, too.
>>
No. 497024 ID: 9747ef

>>497023
*on her own, damn it.
>>
No. 497028 ID: b3ca75
File 136215239729.png - (26.83KB , 900x600 , 35.png )
497028

>If you're a secret undead monster with no rights as a person, they'll just use that as an way to control you rather than kill you.
Because clearly, this is so much better than them killing me.
>You know, when a being as powerful as Claire comes along, living a life of rags isn't even really a possibility for her. Sure, she could take your deal, or she could continue training, reach her full potential, and then achieve the life she wants on her own.
:DylonPIX: Do you really believe you will have that kind of time? After all, we found you, which mean that other factions that aren’t as… nice as us will find you.

>You... do realize this isn't our first vessel?
:DylonPIX: Yes, we have already met this… Lizbeth as her monks calls her. It was after all their knowledge of you that lead us here. Though something is troubling me about their lore. If the last vessel, this Lisbeth, removed the vessel from herself 500 years ago before she went to sleep, then how is it that you are so young?

>How about we cut through the pleasantries and you just tell us what your plans are if your tests come back positive.
:DylonPIX: As I’ve already said, we simply wish to find a way to either remove it from you or duplicate it. You are after all mortal and won’t last long enough for us to create a utopia. As for the steps between those two goals, well, what do you think you do with an endless source of magic and a lot of wizards?

:SamuelPIX: A moment of your time, Sire! I have urgent news, both good and bad!
:DylonPIX: Well, captain, tell me the good ones first.
:SamuelPIX: Lord Folken have sent a message that he will be coming here to help you in your quest!
:DylonPIX: How is that good news!? Bah, I bet he’s still angry about that women of his.
:SamuelPIX: As for the bad news, Sire, the blood samples are back and… she isn’t the vessel.
:DylonPIX: Typical.
:SamuelPIX: We did detect something else though…
:DylonPIX: Has it something to do with the vessel? If not, then keep it to yourself out of respect for this young lady’s privacy.
:SamuelPIX: As you wish, sire.
:DylonPIX: Well then, my lady, you are free to go if you wish… or you can stay here and enjoy this fine meal if you so desire. It’s the least I can do for wasting your time.

Insert what a tweest_
>>
No. 497032 ID: 9747ef

Whew. Almost got found out there. Eat your food, then leave. Either their detection isn't as good as they thought, or, somehow, us voices have been separated from the power source. Hm.
>>
No. 497034 ID: d6ef5d

>Because clearly, this is so much better than them killing me.
Hey, just tactical analysis. Not saying you want them to find out...

>Lizbeth inconsistencies
Heheheh.

>won’t last long enough for us to create a utopia
...suddenly there's an upside to your condition.

>well, what do you think you do with an endless source of magic and a lot of wizards?
Destroy civilization, if not the world, usually. High magic utopias are notoriously difficult to make stable.

>Not the vessel
Toodles! Good luck finding our real crib, Fo- Dylon. We'll be seeing you.
>>
No. 497038 ID: 76b151

Huh, Lizbeth probably just gave you the voices. Or maybe she wants you to earn ultimate power and we're your guides on that path.

Who knows with Lizbeth. Though honestly it is probably something a tad perverted.

Thats actually... our fault again.
>>
No. 497041 ID: d6ef5d

>>497038
In our defense though, how could we possibly have known giving an irrational, impulsive, irresponsible pervert god-level reality warping powers could have negative consequences?
>>
No. 497043 ID: b3ca75
File 136216067226.png - (25.83KB , 900x600 , 36.png )
497043

>Either their detection isn't as good as they thought, or, somehow, us voices have been separated from the power source.
Well, I can’t actually connect to this power source you guys keep talking about, so it’s possible that I’m not the vessel at all.
>Destroy civilization, if not the world, usually. High magic utopias are notoriously difficult to make stable.
:DylonPIX: Indeed, that why we have already drawn up several plans in an attempt to not destroy ourselves. It mostly consists of using the magic only for the things truly necessary, like food and water.

>Eat your food.
About time, I get grumpy when I’m hungry!
:ClairePIX: I guess I’ll eat then…
:DylonPIX: Do you mind if I join you?
:ClairePIX: If you’re going to be sitting here and be some smug snake, then yes, yes I do mind.
:DylonPIX: …You do realize that you just insulted a commander of an army inside his own capital ship, right? The very same army that’s invading your homeland as we speak?
:ClairePIX: And yet you are going to do nothing about it, am I right?
:DylonPIX: …heh, you are a remarkable woman, you know that?
:ClairePIX: Bite me. Now be quiet and let me eat so I can leave as soon as possible.
:DylonPIX: And if I don’t let you?

[Necromantic power is Good!]

Insert You wouldn’t like her when she’s hungry_
>>
No. 497044 ID: d6ef5d

>it’s possible that I’m not the vessel at all
Hmm. I suppose it might be something else. Still, it should be something or someone close, or something related to you in some way.

You... don't have a phylactery, do you?
>>
No. 497046 ID: 76b151

That could be it. Magic is deeply associated with the soul after all. And a lichs soul isn't typically in her body.
>>
No. 497054 ID: 5da860

>And if I don’t let you?
Then I shall taunt you a second time.
>>
No. 497055 ID: 6ecdc4

Ok after your done eating I think we should have some kind of escape plan set up because that bad news they have is making me a little nervous
>>
No. 497056 ID: 76b151

Why would he want to keep you here? Also isn't the empire all about personal freedom?
>>
No. 497057 ID: d6ef5d

>>497054
Nothing wrong with a little hate-flirting.
>>
No. 497059 ID: b3ca75
File 136216493584.png - (26.23KB , 900x600 , 37.png )
497059

>You... don't have a phylactery, do you?
…noooo, but your right, I should have one. At least, if that I know about liches is true then I should have one… Why don’t I have one?
>That could be it. Magic is deeply associated with the soul after all. And a lichs soul isn't typically in her body.
This is probably correct.

>Then I shall taunt you a second time.
:ClairePIX: We both know that you don’t have the abdomen to stop me. You already gave me your word that I should leave and you look like one of those fools that honor his honor.
:DylonPIX: I should have been lying… or I might believe honor is for fools, like you.
:ClairePIX: Well, either way you can honor my bum, because that’s the last thing you’ll see of me when I leave.
:DylonPIX: Wait, can I ask you if I might have the honor to meet you again?
:ClairePIX: …And why would I want that?
:DylonPIX: Because you haven’t turned my down yet?
:ClairePIX: I… I… I’m leaving… and I’m keeping the dress. Goodbye, Dylon.
:DylonPIX: Goodbye, my lady.

…so… um… what now? I really need to know more about liches, so I can know if I actually have a phylactery or not… and I should probably talk to the others so they know the empire didn’t sacrifice me to Dopefish or something…

Insert kill players of the opposite faction to gain honor_



>Nothing wrong with a little hate-flirting.
THAT WASN’T FLIRTING!
>>
No. 497062 ID: 5da860

Talk to your friends (not about liches) for now. You can probably look up the basics of liches (or at least things that can harm them) in the library later.
>>
No. 497063 ID: 454447

>>497059
lol

Claire, any items you've always kept with you, something very important to you personally that is always nearby?
>>
No. 497064 ID: 001618

this school has a library in it right? I say head there at some point and time and start looking things up. If anyone ask we you are looking up liches just say zombies killed your parents and that should shut them up. But you have time for this later for now I say find your friends and, I don't know hang out.
>>
No. 497066 ID: d6ef5d

>Why don’t I have one?
If I had to guess? You do have one. You just don't know what or where it is for some reason.

>>497062
Seems like a good plan.
>>
No. 497078 ID: b3ca75
File 136216813801.png - (29.87KB , 900x600 , 38.png )
497078

>You can probably look up the basics of liches (or at least things that can harm them) in the library later.
Yes, I do have a day off tomorrow so…
>Claire, any items you've always kept with you, something very important to you personally that is always nearby?
Not really, no… The only thing that I still have that I have had since this whole thing started is… well, let’s just say no self-respecting lich would use that thing to store its soul.

>Talk to your friends (not about liches) for now.
:ThanraPIX: -I did date this mantis guy once and… well, you know this whole egg thing? I didn’t then and let me tell you, it became very awkward when we had some alone time.
:ThanrosPIX: You think that’s awkward!? Try finding out that only the females have holes for- Oh hey, it’s Claire!
:ThanraPIX: So… do you have a harem now or what?
:ClairePIX: I’m working on it. What’s up?
:ThanrosPIX: Oh, we are just waiting for this game of chess to end. Apparently Renault is kicking Warans’ ass.
:RenaultPIX: Check mate, bug face!
:WaranPIX: …lucky.
:RenaultPIX: Just like the last five times, eh? So, who’s next?
:ClairePIX: …Thanra?
:ThanraPIX: Hmm? What i-
>>
No. 497079 ID: b3ca75
File 136216814763.png - (31.04KB , 900x600 , 39.png )
497079

:ThanraPIX: AAAAH!
:ClairePIX: Om nom nom!

Claire consumes Thanras soul!
Thanra has been slain!
Claire gains 50xp!


:RenaultPIX: WHAT THE FUCK!?

Insert what renny said_
>>
No. 497080 ID: 76b151

wut?
>>
No. 497081 ID: d6ef5d

...please be another dream?

Because if not, you just lost control and killed a friend. And revealed yourself as a horrible monster in front of your other friends and they, and/or the rest of the mercenaries' guild is going to kill you.
>>
No. 497085 ID: b3ca75
File 136216890201.png - (26.64KB , 900x600 , 40.png )
497085

>Wake up.

:ClairePIX: AAAAH!
:ThanraPIX: …is this going to be a regular thing? Can I save some money by not buying a new alarm clock?
:ClairePIX: Aaah!?
:ThanraPIX: Yeah, yeah, I’m sorry, you had a bad dream, I understand…

Insert AAAAAHHH!_
>>
No. 497086 ID: 76b151

I think you're gonna need to get that under control. Come to terms with your lichdom. Anyway I believe you said it was a rest-day? TO the Library!

Also knowing Liz if that thing you mentioned is sexual then it is probably your phylactery... sorry. But just in case it isn't it won't hurt to double check!
>>
No. 497088 ID: 14bafe

Since when were you a self respecting lich, anyway?
>>
No. 497096 ID: 78c6ea

You're not even a lich are you Claire? You're just really really weird.
>>
No. 497100 ID: b3ca75
File 136217403370.png - (32.13KB , 900x600 , 41.png )
497100

>I think you're gonna need to get that under control. Come to terms with your lichdom.
Because coming to terms with being a horrible undead monstrosity that has to feed on the living is something you do on an afternoon before tea time.
>Since when were you a self-respecting lich, anyway?
…good point.
>Also knowing Liz if that thing you mentioned is sexual then it is probably your phylactery.
Well, it’s… um… I’ll check it, when I know how to, okay?
>You're not even a lich are you Claire? You're just really really weird.
…bite me.

>I believe you said it was a rest-day? TO the Library!
:ClairePIX: We have a library, right?
:ThanraPIX: Sure, it’s on the second floor. Why? Do you want to find a good book? I do have some recommendations if you want to hear. Like this romance novel about weredolphins called Crepuscular Light and-
:ClairePIX: Thanra, please, it’s for school stuff, okay?
:ThanraPIX: Oh, right. Just remember we got to clean the boys room after lunch… you know, because that rooster thing.

---------------------------

Welp, here I am, the library… now, how do I find information about liches?

Insert if this was Mario, then the books would have attacked by now_
>>
No. 497101 ID: d6ef5d

>how do I find information about liches?
I dunno, check the sections, or the card catalog? You'd think there'd be a portion devoted to magic, or undead, or magical constructs, etc.

That or you could ask the crazy old dude to help you find what you're looking for. It's not like anyone will ever take him seriously.
>>
No. 497102 ID: f2c20c

>>497085
Let me save Thanra the trouble of analyzing THAT dream.

You think Renault is smart, and Thanra is a threat. Also you might have sex on your mind.
>>
No. 497104 ID: f2c20c

>>497100
Ask that guy about books about zombies and other undead stuff. You want to know how to fight them properly.
>>
No. 497106 ID: b3ca75
File 136217569040.png - (31.83KB , 900x600 , 42.png )
497106

>You think Renault is smart, and Thanra is a threat. Also you might have sex on your mind.
Actually, I think everything actually happen until I bit Thanras’ head off. I have some faint memories about hanging out with the rest in the room the whole evening taking turns on the chess board. Though I wouldn’t call Renny smart he is one hell of a chess player. Good news is that I beat Thanra and Thanros at least.

>I dunno, check the sections, or the card catalog? You'd think there'd be a portion devoted to magic, or undead, or magical constructs, etc.
…I have no idea how this library is divided… and there isn’t a card catalog or anything else for that matter to help people find stuff. I going to guess that there should to be an Eaggran in here guiding people.
>That or you could ask the crazy old dude to help you find what you're looking for. It's not like anyone will ever take him seriously.
:ClairePIX: Excuse me, Dean?
:DeanPIX: ZzZz- huh? Oh, it’s you. Miss Clkrlgb, the young lich, eh? Consuming corpses in the crypt and what’s not. In my days we had to fight for any corpses, but you kids today are so spoiled! I have you now I had to walk a four kilometers through snow every morning, uphill… both ways! And… um… and… what were we talking about again? Oh right, lichen was it? Those books should be in the plant section, to the right… damn lichen, growing everywhere… grumble grumble…
:ClairePIX:

Insert liches grows on trees_
>>
No. 497107 ID: 76b151

Good thing no one listens to the old guy. Ask him to point the way to the undead section please.
>>
No. 497108 ID: f2c20c

>>497106
Wake him up and tell him firmly that you need to learn about the various forms of undead.
>>
No. 497109 ID: d6ef5d

If plants are to the right, then books on undead are to the left. After all, plants and undead are polar opposites.
>>
No. 497112 ID: 370c40

>>497109
Everyone knows this.
>>
No. 497117 ID: b3ca75
File 136217767831.png - (29.39KB , 900x600 , 43.png )
497117

>If plants are to the right, then books on undead are to the left. After all, plants and undead are polar opposites.
Isn’t life opposite of the undead? If anything, do it yourself home gardening is the opposite of plant, with them all dying and stuff.
>Ask him to point the way to the undead section please.
:DeanPIX: Eh? You want to know more about us of the other world? The monster section is right there, to your left. Its opposite of the plants section, them being polar opposite and all. I would recommend the book “So now you’re a lich”.
:ClairePIX: …um… thank you.

…well, here is the undead section… let’s see… dead ascending, aurora of the dead, squatter evil, to love the dead, Moira: Gehenna on earth… So now you’re a lich? Written by an Archmage Antonidas…

That’s odd; the book is blank except the first page…
“Greetings, Claire the lich, please just think of a question and I will answer.”
…what in the name of an Eaggrans bum…

Insert Reading is magic_
>>
No. 497118 ID: 76b151

Might as well be blunt. How do I find out what my phylactery is and where it might be?

Also ask if theres anyway to stop the dreams of killing and eating your living friends.
>>
No. 497119 ID: d6ef5d

Sweet, magic book!

What did Liz do to me?
Information on Lizbeth Suss.
How long have I been a lich?
Do I have a phylactery?
Where is my phylactery?
What is my phylactery?
How do phylacterys work?
Tips for staying a sane Lich.
Tips for keeping up the masquerade as a living being.
Controlling hunger.
Managing traumatic dreams.
Magic vessels and how they may or may not relate to liches.
>>
No. 497122 ID: b3ca75
File 136217955207.png - (31.07KB , 900x600 , 44.png )
497122

>What did Liz do to me?
>Magic vessels and how they may or may not relate to liches.
“I am sorry, But I not all knowing.
>Information on Lizbeth Suss.
“Lizbeth Suss, also known as the ageless one, is a sleeping immortal lizard that has been sleeping for the last few thousand years. She is worshiped by a sect of monks, whose lore says that she awakes every 500 years to greet her chosen one. Not much is known about this strange entity, though it is theorized that she is a powerful mage from the old age that survived the great magic rendering of old by putting herself in an endless sleep.”
>How long have I been a lich?
“Since you died of Rust Rot in your sleep.”
>Do I have a phylactery?
“Yes.”
>Where is my phylactery?
>What is my phylactery?
“That, I cannot answer. I can teach you a spell that will reveal your phylactery if you touch it.”
>How do phylacterys work?
“It holds your soul. Nothing more, nothing less. Do not try to kill yourself to find it, as you are still too inexperienced to create a new body from nothing.”
>Tips for staying a sane Lich.
“Live, be human… or in your case, mantis. Friends, lovers, peers, they will all help.”
>Tips for keeping up the masquerade as a living being.
“Do not eat living things in front of others. Do not cast spells in front of others.”
>Controlling hunger.
“Feast on the living beast of flesh. Chicken, fish, rat, they are all good. Keep away from the sentient ones.”
>Managing traumatic dreams.
“Become alive.”

[Claire learned a new spell!]

Insert choose your own adventure_
>>
No. 497123 ID: 76b151

Thank the book and put it away. Here comes Renault. I wonder if hes gonna ask you on a date.
>>
No. 497124 ID: f2c20c

>>497122
Last question: How do we gain power, without evil acts?

Then thank it, put the book away and grab a general undead knowledge book.
>>
No. 497125 ID: f2c20c

Also, oh shit.

It's been 500 years since Liz chose you. What have you been doing all that time, and what happens when Liz wants to choose a new chosen one? I hope you can gain enough power to survive without us, Claire.
>>
No. 497134 ID: b3ca75
File 136218192215.png - (30.10KB , 900x600 , 45.png )
497134

>Last question: How do we gain power, without evil acts?
“Learn, adapt, evolve.”
>It's been 500 years since Liz chose you.
What? No! I’m 19, not 500. I had the dream about lizbeth two years ago, just as I got better… from the Rust Rot… I didn’t get better, did I?
>Thank the book and put it away.
No way I’m I leaving the sentient talking book here. I shove him into one of my pockets for safe keeping.
>grab a general undead knowledge book.
Hmm… Undead 101 advance.

>Here comes Renault. I wonder if hes gonna ask you on a date.


:RenaultPIX: Claire? What are you doing here? I didn’t take you for someone that reads on weekends.
:ClairePIX: Um… I just needed to… catch up on some monster facts.
:RenaultPIX: Is that Undead 101 advance? I came here to borrow that book, actually. I already read all five if the non-advance ones and well… Are you finished with it?
:ClairePIX: Um… yeah, sure. Here, take it.
:RenaultPIX: Thanks… actually… there was one more thing, now that we are alone.
:ClairePIX:
:RenaultPIX: …I just wanted to say… I’m sorry. You were right; I was acting like a sexist jerk who was thinking with my dick and… I want to become better than that. So please, let me make it up for you… and for Thanra too, I guess… and… I’m sorry.

Insert He loves the dead_
>>
No. 497139 ID: d6ef5d

Apology accepted.
>>
No. 497140 ID: f2c20c

>>497134
It sounds like Liz handed us to you right before you died and became a Lich. Why would she do that...?

Um, anyway. If he wants to make it up to you and Thanra, well... helping you clean the toilets would be a good start. Get him to agree before revealing that he's going to be wearing a maid uniform too. Fair's fair!
>>
No. 497141 ID: c31f72

Maybe Lizbeth is trying to make more immortals? Its gotta be lonely having everyone and everything die around you...
>>
No. 497142 ID: 9ddf68

ok, truth be told I did not see that coming from him. Say everything's fine and ask him if there was anything else he wanted to say. Also maybe since your kinda on the topic ask him why he is so interested in learning more about undead or if he just studies that much on all monsters.
>>
No. 497151 ID: b3ca75
File 136218477005.png - (30.40KB , 900x600 , 46.png )
497151

>Um, anyway. If he wants to make it up to you and Thanra, well... helping you clean the toilets would be a good start.
Wait, what toilets? We are going to clean their rooms, not some toilet. But good idea otherwise.
>Get him to agree before revealing that he's going to be wearing a maid uniform too. Fair's fair!
Isn’t he already going to wear one? For the whole hitting the roster thing?

>Apology accepted.
:ClairePIX: Apology accepted… if you actually work on becoming better.
:RenaultPIX: O-of course.
:ClairePIX: And you can make it up to us by helping us clean your room.
:RenaultPIX: Well… I was going to wear the maid outfit anyway so… sure, I’ll help…
:ClairePIX: And then you can help me with some… other things~
:RenaultPIX: O-other things!?
:ClairePIX: Don’t worry, you’ll see.

I’m sure I got some things that I need doing that I don’t want to do…

>Also maybe since your kinda on the topic ask him why he is so interested in learning more about undead or if he just studies that much on all monsters.
:ClairePIX: So… interested in the undead or all monsters?
:RenaultPIX: um… I… mostly undead because… well… no, you’re just going to laugh… forget about it.
:ClairePIX: No, go ahead, I promise I won’t laugh.
:RenaultPIX: I… my father… he was… um… I want to become a paladin like my father.

Insert Holy Pogo stick of heavenly virtues_
>>
No. 497153 ID: 76b151

Pretty noble goal there ... though paladin's are enemies of evil, not just the vengeful dead.
>>
No. 497160 ID: d6ef5d

Why would I laugh at that?

Note to self: research a spell, item, or ability that blocks "detect undead" and "detect evil".
>>
No. 497163 ID: 9ddf68

why would we laugh just because you want to be a paladin, that's a pretty noble goal.
(side note here Claire, he is probably one of the last people we want knowing your a lich)
>>
No. 497164 ID: ab6499

A future Paladin in love with a Lich... HE MUST NEVER KNOW!

Also I wonder how close to the vessel, and thus your phylactery you must be for you to hear us. I doubt it's something very far away.
>>
No. 497170 ID: f2c20c

>>497151
It seems I am getting rather forgetful. Totally forgot he was going to wear the uniform anyway. Also, I heard 'boys room' and thought toilet.

Ask him what group of paladins he wants to join. The new one, started by Kevros? If it's the new one we probably won't have to worry about him smiting you. I mean, you're not a mindless undead creature bent solely on killing anything that lives. The other schools of paladin thought can be a bit strict.
>>
No. 497238 ID: b3ca75
File 136223750087.png - (30.90KB , 900x600 , 47.png )
497238

>Note to self: research a spell, item, or ability that blocks "detect undead" and "detect evil".
I don’t think there is a detect evil spell. I do believe that I can learn the basics of enchanting to make an item to block detect undead though.
>Ask him what group of paladins he wants to join. The new one, started by Kevros?
Last time I checked there is only one order of paladins, so if I’m lucky and he’s a good paladin then he won’t smite me as soon as he finds out I’m a lich. I probably have to do something “evil” before he does that.
>A future Paladin in love with a Lich... HE MUST NEVER KNOW!
What is this, some kind of cheesy romance novel?

>Also I wonder how close to the vessel, and thus your phylactery you must be for you to hear us.
…actually, when I think about it, you guys weren’t this talkative before I got to the school. You did talk to me at times but you came and went a lot more. You also mostly whispered things instead of having a direct conversation… so, maybe it’s in the school somewhere?

>Why would I laugh at that?
:ClairePIX: Why would I laugh at that? It is a noble goal, if you do it for the right reasons.
:RenaultPIX: …well, most people never see past who I am on the outside and thinks I wouldn’t fit in as a paladin.
:ClairePIX: …you were the only one who was concerned for the servants wellbeing instead of seeing them as tools. That does count as something, right?
:RenaultPIX: That’s… yeah… your right, maybe I do have what it takes to be a paladin. Thank you! Oh, right, it’s lunch time. Come; let’s go find the others so we can eat.
>>
No. 497239 ID: b3ca75
File 136223751160.png - (51.05KB , 900x600 , 48.png )
497239

----------Sometime later-------------

:RenaultPIX: I still don’t see why I have to wear fitting underwear!
:WaranPIX: Because it’s the whole deal or nothing.
:ThanrosPIX: Besides, your butt look really cute in those panties.
:RenaultPIX: …While flattering, that comment came from the wrong gender… and besides, my butt isn’t cute. It’s way to flat, you know.
:waranPIX: I have to concur with Renny. If anything, a cute butt needs a little bit more meat in it… likes Claire’s, that one cute abdomen, right Ren?
:RenaultPIX: I… um… she got a beautiful b-butt, yes…
:ThanraPIX: Are you guys just going to stand there staring or what?
:WaranPIX: Well, we have to make sure you do a good job, right?
:ThanrosPIX: Besides, we can watch those cute butts wiggle from here~
:ThanraPIX: Ugh… Fine whatever. Who cleans what, then?

Choose what to clean.
-Clean the worst part.
-Clean the average part.
-Clean the easiest part.
You can also direct Renault to clean a part of your choice, if you so wish.

Insert I’m starting to get a maid outfit fetish_
>>
No. 497240 ID: 76b151

You and Renault do the hardest bit. A task divided is a task done quickly. Test out your new spell if you think you can do it quietly.
>>
No. 497241 ID: d6ef5d

Yeah, there's not much point if they don't see you in the maid's outfits.

>>497240
Sounds good, although I doubt we'd be so lucky as to have the object be something in the first room we searched. Gotta start somewhere, though.

>phylactery probably in the school
Sounds right, especially as the empire also seems convinced the vessel is somewhere here.
>>
No. 497242 ID: ab6499

All or nothing, we take the worst of the worst and make it cleaner than it has ever been before!
>>
No. 497246 ID: b3ca75
File 136224502026.png - (41.42KB , 900x600 , 49.png )
497246

>Test out your new spell if you think you can do it quietly.
It isn’t so much a spell then knowledge how to feel if it’s the right thing.
>You and Renault do the hardest bit. A task divided is a task done quickly.
:ClairePIX: Hey, Renny, help me with this. It will be done faster if we work together.
:RenaultPIX: Um… s-sure, be right there…
:ThanraPIX: Why do you even have a chicken in here?

----------------------------

Hunger increased. Necromantic power is: average (Hard work)!
Renault +happiness (Working with you)!
Thanra +happiness (Getting the easiest task)!
Unable to find phylactery!

----------------------------

:ThanraPIX: What’s the point with the maid outfits if they get bored after a hour and just leave?
:RenaultPIX: You don’t need to watch a painting for hours to appreciate its art?
:ClairePIX: Either way, we are finally done.
:ThanraPIX: Why was there a bunch of weird romance novels lying everywhere? I mean a Mantis and an ogre in love or a human paladin in love with a lich? When should that ever happen? And they even had smut it them! Who read that kind of stuff!?
:RenaultPIX: That would be Waran. He loves those monster romance novels for some reason.
:ThanraPIX: Well, if we count that as his porn stash and I already found my brothers… Hey, Renny~ where is your stash?
:RenaultPIX: W-what!? Why d-do you think I got o-one too?
:ThanraPIX: Because you are you? And everyone have one? Now spill the beans or I might kick you out into the hallway in that outfit! I need some blackmail material, dammit!

Insert blackmail is such an ugly word_
>>
No. 497251 ID: 76b151

Ask if you can have the chicken. A snack for later and better yet its live!

As for Remy's porn... do you really want to see that?
>>
No. 497253 ID: 9ddf68

hey clair ask her were she keeps her porn stash, she just said that everyone has one.
>>
No. 497265 ID: d6ef5d

>I need some blackmail material, dammit!
Don't you traditionally find blackmail material to first strongarm people with, rather than to try and strongarm them into pointlessly giving you blackmail material?

>average power
Time for lunch. (No, not the other maids. Bad lich, bad!).
>>
No. 497273 ID: b3ca75
File 136225065052.png - (41.39KB , 900x600 , 50.png )
497273

>Time for lunch. (No, not the other maids. Bad lich, bad!).
We just ate lunch an hour ago. I guess soup and bread isn’t really cutting it for the necro power.
>Ask if you can have the chicken. A snack for later and better yet its live!
:ClairePIX: Hey, Thanra? What did you do with the chicken?
:ThanraPIX: Huh? Oh, it’s outside in a cage. I was going to bring it to the kitchen later.
:ClairePIX: I can do it for you, if you want.
:ThanraPIX: Really? Thanks! Now, as for Renny…

>ask her where she keeps her porn stash, she just said that everyone has one.
:ClairePIX: So, where’s your stash, Thanra? You just said you had one.
:ThanraPIX: What? Aren’t you supposed to be on my side? And that’s private!
:RenaultPIX: And mines not!?
:ThanraPIX: You’re a sexist pervert, you do kind of deserve this.

>Don't you traditionally find blackmail material to first strongarm people with, rather than to try and strongarm them into pointlessly giving you blackmail material?
:ClairePIX: Why do you even want the blackmail? Don’t you already have enough?
:ThanraPIX: I want to watch them squirm. Just say that’s my revenge for them being sexist jerks.
:ClairePIX: Um… so you want to punish them by being an even bigger jerk?
:ThanraPIX: I’m not a jerk. They are guys, they deserve it.
:ClairePIX: …so you’re a sexist instead.
:ThanraPIX: What!? No! I’m… but… I… if… um…
:RenaultPIX: Can’t we just accept that we are all hypocrites and respect our privacy?
:ThanraPIX: …fine, sorry Renny. I was a jerk, okay?
:ClairePIX: Well, I have to say, Ren, I think we are even now… even though you kept watching my butt more than you actually cleaned.
:RenaultPIX: S-sorry…
:ClairePIX: Don’t worry, you made us even by waving around that cute butt of yours for me to see…

Claire pitches Renault for 0 damage (butt)!

:RenaultPIX: AH! Why did you do that for!?
:ClairePIX: Because I’m a hypocrite~ now… where are my clothes? I want to change out of the maid suit.
:ThanraPIX: Um… didn’t Waran and Thanros have all our clothes? The two people that we have no idea where they are at the moment?
:ClairePIX: ...Son of an Eaggran, they are probably hiding somewhere to make us go out into the school like this!

Insert Clothes thieves_
>>
No. 497274 ID: 9ddf68

well your in there room can't you just take there clothes before you go out to find them, hell while your at it I bet they planned this or at the very least did it by accident but then thought it would be funny if they didn't give them back so I say take all of there clothes as well and hide them somewhere as revenge.
>>
No. 497288 ID: 91c1b3

Have Ren change into his clothes, (this is his room too, he should have spare clothes) then have him go look for the others.
>>
No. 497300 ID: b3ca75
File 136225685603.png - (39.81KB , 900x600 , 51.png )
497300

>I say take all of their clothes as well and hide them somewhere as revenge.
:ThanraPIX: Um… They have more than one pair of clothing, are we really going to hide everything?
:RenaultPIX: Just hide all their undergarments. You know, force them to go commando.
:ClairePIX: That’s a bit easier, yeah…

>Have Ren change into his clothes.
But then he won’t be in that cute little maid dress anymore~ …but fine…
>well you’re in their room can't you just take their clothes before you go out to find them?
:RenaultPIX: Sorry Claire, but Warans’ clothes is way too small for you.
:ThanraPIX: My bros clothes might be too big for me, but they fit at least.
:RenaultPIX: We promise we’ll come back with your clothes as soon as possible, even though it means no more bug maid…

Welp… what now?
:DeanPIX: Why don’t you just consume them?
:ClairePIX: What in the- Where did you come from!?
:DeanPIX: Why don’t you just consume a living sentient life essence? The power you would gain would make finding both your phylactery and the vessel a cakewalk. Think about it, to become an immortal being with the power to change whole worlds, isn’t that your birthright?
:ClairePIX: But I…
:DeanPIX: I can even take you to someone who deserve it. A murderer who will be slaughtered like an animal anyway. What do you say, don’t you wish to escape that rotting body and become a god?
:ClairePIX: Er…

Insert he really need his frog pills_
>>
No. 497304 ID: 76b151

Sorry, we kinda want to stay with Claire, not some overlich. Deny his offer. Stay sane. The book warned you about consuming sentients.
>>
No. 497308 ID: d6ef5d

>What do you say, don’t you wish to escape that rotting body and become a god?
Hey, guess what. We already helped someone sort of try that once. Only, she had even less choice in the matter than you do.

And it turns out there's a surprising amount of suck in being an immortal god with immense power.

There's a reason the quick route to power is the darker one. Trust us, you're better off on the hard and slow path. You take his offer, and you'll end up regretting it.
>>
No. 497313 ID: 9ddf68

...
the f*** is wrong with this guy
NO we don't want to kill some guy just to feed our apatite. That's how evil overlords start. you know the whole 'the highway to hell is paved with good intentions' that's what this will become if we go for it, It would start off as "well he was evil he deserved it", than latter down the road it will be something like "I'm killing this harmless family to gain power to save the republic or something", then end with you just saying "F*** all life everything and everyone is beneath me so I will kill them all".
So long story short DO NOT go with the crazy old guys plan, also ask him if he has forgotten his medicine again.
>>
No. 497316 ID: b3ca75
File 136225848407.png - (39.83KB , 900x600 , 52.png )
497316

>Deny his offer. Stay sane.
:ClairePIX: I’m sorry, but I rather be Claire then some all-powerful arch lich.
:deanPIX: really? How about if I just gave you a taste of the power? Just a small test run wi-
:ClairePIX: No! I’m sorry but no.
:DeanPIX: Why not?
:ClairePIX: Because if I get a taste I might not be able to say no again.
:DeanPIX: …interesting… very well, if that is what you wish. You have passed the first test.
:ClairePIX: …I have what?
:DeanPIX: Let me introduce myself. I am an arch lich whose name has been forgotten in ages past, but you can call me the dean if you need something to address me with. And I… I am dying. You, young lich, have been chosen to carry on my legacy. I have here a unique offer of apprenticeship that will help you control your lich side and stay human… um… mantis. The only thing you have to do is to accept my offer and complete some… tasks for me to prove your worth.

>ask him if he has forgotten his medicine again.
:ClairePIX: Did you forget your medicine again?
:DeanPIX: I choose not to take them today, so I should be able to talk to you. You’ve seen what they do to me.

Insert Deal with the Devil, also known as a car salesman_
>>
No. 497317 ID: 76b151

Tentavily accept on the conditions as long as these tasks don't cross the line.
>>
No. 497318 ID: e3aff6

So, what exactly is his legacy?
>>
No. 497319 ID: d6ef5d

How do we know these tasks will actually help us, and aren't just a more subtle way of falling into the same trap you just offered us?
>>
No. 497321 ID: 9ddf68

as long as it isn't something like Kill this person and eat there soul, or something along those lines I don't see MUCH harm in it so sure why not
>>
No. 497322 ID: f2c20c

>>497316
How does a Lich die? Are they killing him, with those pills? Or are those pills keeping him "alive" longer at the cost of his lucidity? Also how old is he exactly? It might be useful to know how long a Lich can last. Oh, and I'll hazard a guess and say he was talking to us through the book.

Lastly, I don't see any reason to decline his offer, so long as he keeps the tasks reasonable. We DO need some guidance, and he just tested you to make sure you wouldn't be tempted by ultimate power and such.
>>
No. 497327 ID: b3ca75
File 136226225027.png - (49.25KB , 900x600 , 53.png )
497327

>So, what exactly is his legacy?
:DeanPIX: I am… or was a guardian of life.
>How do we know these tasks will actually help us, and aren't just a more subtle way of falling into the same trap you just offered us?
:DeanPIX: Do I look like a soulless monster that consume everything in my wake? No, wait, don’t answer that.
>How does a Lich die?
:DeanPIX: By choosing.
>are those pills keeping him "alive" longer at the cost of his lucidity?
:DeanPIX: Those pills is keeping my hunger sated at the cost of my lucidity. I rather be consumed by madness of a broken mind then the madness of lichdom.
>Also how old is he exactly?
:DeanPIX: That is a difficult one to answer. Time is not the line most people believe it is.
>It might be useful to know how long a Lich can last.
:DeanPIX: They last as long as they choose, or as long as it takes for them to be consumed.
>I'll hazard a guess and say he was talking to us through the book.
:DeanPIX: No, that wasn’t me. I did create it though, in ages past. It was just as big of a mistake then as it is today…

>I don't see any reason to decline his offer, so long as he keeps the tasks reasonable.
:DeanPIX: Very well then. As for your tasks… you have heard of the undead sightings, am I correct? You know those aren’t the ones you created. No, those are scouts for a larger army of the undead marching toward this location led by a powerful lich, if you want to call him that. He is more of a force of nature who has but one thought in his mind. To consume the vessel so I can ascend to godhood. You are yet too weak to even stand a chance against him, but we will fix that. Your first task is to find and consume a very minor well of magic nearby… do not worry; I will guide you to its location in time. I also have a secondary task for you, if you want to hold on to your… mantisality. Go out there get more emotional. Good or bad does not matter, as long as you feel. Now, do you have some questions or are you ready for the next step of your apprentice hood?

Insert wall of text is attacking!_
>>
No. 497328 ID: d6ef5d

>He is more of a force of nature who has but one thought in his mind. To consume the vessel so I can ascend to godhood.
So you can ascend to godhood? Not so he can?

That's a pretty suspicious slip, there! Like, you and he might really be the same person and you're just trying to trick us into doing what you want under the guise of working against you.
>>
No. 497329 ID: 76b151

>To consume the vessel so I can ascend to godhood.
So hes both the mentor AND the evil lich?

Interesting.

>consuming a magic well
Huh also interesting.

>Dem Feels
Finally something that makes sense. Lets go eat some cute rabbits and feel bad for slaying ultimate evil in fluff! Or you know admit we might like all the cannon fodder as more then just potential friends. Yes all of them!

Polygamists Unite!
>>
No. 497332 ID: 355bb6

Ok so to not end up a soulless abomination we just have to hang out with our friends sounds easy enough

As for the lich training thing ... Well seeing how font even know where our phlictory is or that we even had till about an hour ago I think we should take him up on that offer
>>
No. 497336 ID: f2c20c

>>497327
Does he know what you've been doing for the past 498 years?
>>
No. 497346 ID: c31f72

This magic well is gonna end up one of the gems that lizbeth found, isn't it?
We're totally gonna get a rock filled with the screaming souls of the dead to power our spells.
>>
No. 497351 ID: b3ca75
File 136226620094.png - (8.41KB , 900x600 , 54.png )
497351

>admit we might like all the cannon fodder as more than just potential friends. Yes all of them! Polygamists Unite!
Um… I don’t think I can catch them all. Thanros is after all playing on the wrong team… and Thanra is out because I’m not playing on that team. Otherwise… well, I am supposed to get a harem after all…

>That's a pretty suspicious slip, there!
:DeanPIX: Blame the author. He can’t spellcheck for shit.
:ClairePIX: Who’s the author?
:DeanPIX: A frog pill delusion. Ignore that.
>Ok so to not end up a soulless abomination we just have to hang out with our friends sounds easy enough.
:DeanPIX: That will not be enough, I’m afraid. You still need to sate your hunger and take care to not lose your humanity. Try not to do things that would remove yourself from your feelings and morality, like starting to see people as pawns or murdering people in cold blood. It will also get worse the longer you exist.

>Does he know what you've been doing for the past 498 years?
:DeanPIX: 498 years? Young lady, you were a mere unfertilized egg in your mother womb and three of those weird sperm balls egg thingies in all three of your fathers 20 years ago. You haven’t existed for 498 years.
>This magic well is gonna end up one of the gems that lizbeth found, isn't it?
:deanPIX: You are talking about the focus crystals? No, those were destroyed thousands of years ago. They are long gone and will absolutely not appear again. Never going to happen. Gone forever! Poof! Never to be seen again! Especially by you! I will keep on denying it until you believe me, because I’m telling the truth! Anyway, please state an emotion that you want…
:ClairePIX: For what?
:DeanPIX: For SCIENCE! …I mean, for your future… and SCIENCE!

Insert WTB goggles to protect against SCIENCE light_
>>
No. 497353 ID: c31f72

Tell him Science is an emotion. Keep insisting it is until he lets you choose Science.
>>
No. 497355 ID: e86397

Joy or happiness would be a nice start if we only can chose one right now. And if we do only get to pick one I think we should stay away from love for now, because as funny as I think it would be to see you wonder around like a school girl in heat I don't think that would be to helpful
>>
No. 497358 ID: d6ef5d

>I will keep on denying it until you believe me, because I’m telling the truth!
There's something of a problem with that, since the longer you deny it, the more we're gonna believe it.

If nothing else, I'd expect the one Liz kept insider her survived. Have to store the dead souls of everyone you've ever known and loved somewhere.

>emotion
flippancy :V
>>
No. 497360 ID: 76b151

SCIENCE leads to testing. Testing leads to mute lunatics. Murderous mute lunatics who kill you. Do you really want to be killed by someone who wears orange? Think of the shame.

I say we go with Happiness for now. Being giddy for a day won't hurt.
>>
No. 497365 ID: b3ca75
File 136226883802.png - (8.91KB , 900x600 , 55.png )
497365

>There's something of a problem with that, since the longer you deny it, the more we're gonna believe it.
:DeanPIX: But what if I want you to believe that it exist but it actually don’t? Maybe this is all a part of my master plan of world domination with the use of bacon! BACON! Wait… where was I again?
>SCIENCE leads to testing. Testing leads to mute lunatics. Murderous mute lunatics who kill you. Do you really want to be killed by someone who wears orange? Think of the shame.
:DeanPIX: Just keep the crowbars away from the mutes in orange and everything will be fine.

>Tell him Science is an emotion.
:ClairePIX: I choose SCIENCE!
:DeanPIX: …what.
:ClairePIX: SCIENCE!
:DeanPIX: You can’t choose science!
:ClairePIX: SCIENCE!
:DeanPIX: It isn’t even an emotion!
:ClairePIX: SCIENCE!
:DeanPIX: I’m giving you annoyance if you keep doing that.

>Flippant.
:DeanPIX: Fitting, but not really an emotion…
>Joy or happiness
:DeanPIX: Well, a bit cliché but it will do.

You received Emotion stone (Joy).

:DeanPIX: Use this if you ever lose control over your hunger. Now, for the most important thing of all. Listen very carefully, okay? It is vital that you know this! Whatever you do, do no- gdskdnb- Your abdomen is so sexy that I should bang it all night long. Are you doing anything this afternoon because well… no, that just sound wrong.

Insert we interrupt this program_
>>
No. 497369 ID: f2c20c

>>497365
Do not what? Eh, we can probably just ask the book.

Oh, and... I bet the Dean is the vessel. Liz may have shown up via a dream to give us to you, but it wasn't because you were the new chosen one. She was moving our focus to you because she needed someone to fight off the evil necromancer, and the Dean is losing his mind so he can't do it.

If we want to aid the Empire, we could suggest they take a blood sample of the Dean.
>>
No. 497373 ID: b3ca75
File 136227159222.png - (39.92KB , 900x600 , 56.png )
497373

:ClairePIX: WHAT!?
:WaranPIX: I said that I’m sorry for stealing your clothes. It was a cruel prank and I will not do it again… now please tell Renault to stop.
:ClairePIX: Renault? Is he mad at you or…?
:WaranPIX: He’s just very disappointed in me and Thanros. That’s way worse than him being mad.
:ClairePIX: …okay…
:WaranPIX: By the way, please ignore any books you found in here and any lies Renny would say about them. They are of no importance and Renault is ignorant.

>Dean is the vessel.
Wasn’t he the evil Lich that wanted to eat the vessel a minute ago? If you are going to guess blindly try to at least keep to the same theme.
>If we want to aid the Empire, we could suggest they take a blood sample of the Dean.
I guess… though I don’t know if I even want them to have the vessel or not. World destruction through utopia justifies the means is kind of the opposite of what I want.
>>
No. 497377 ID: e86397

The hell was he saying about your abdomen
>>
No. 497378 ID: f2c20c

>>497373
Hey lady, I'm not guessing blindly. Remember, we grew stronger as you got closer to the Academy, and this guy here is the only person we know of in the Academy that could have lived for 500 years. Plus, he just used a bunch of powerful magic. It's solid evidence. It also means we can probably trust him!

Hang on a second, you're wearing your old clothes again. Who dressed you? Who UNDRESSED you? Also, were you just sortof standing there zoned out all this time?

Maybe you should ask him what happened during the past 10 minutes.
>>
No. 497380 ID: d6ef5d

>crazy guesses about the dean
I'd have to say there's a slight chance he's manipulating you (for other than his stated reason). And slim to none that he's the vessel instead of your phylactery.

Mostly I'm prepared to assume (for the moment) that he's being honest and we get on with doing things.

Getting the empire a sample of his blood seems a fool's errand.

Let's get out there and do happy stuff. That's what we're supposed to be on, right? Happy pills?
>>
No. 497383 ID: f2c20c

>>497380
Any emotion works, positive or negative.

Getting angry at Waran for being a perv at you would help her... mantisness, if he was in fact being a perv.
>>
No. 497391 ID: 8c4b01

Ask him which one of those books is his favorite and why if he doesn't feel like talking about them then say if he doesn't want to talk about them then we can go back to talking about what you saying about my abdomen
>>
No. 497508 ID: b3ca75
File 136231214274.png - (40.20KB , 900x600 , 57.png )
497508

>Maybe you should ask him what happened during the past 10 minutes.
:ClairePIX: What happen the in the last minutes?
:WaranPIX: Um… Thanros came with your clothes, said he was sorry, you dressed yourself, I came in and said I was sorry, you kind of just zoned out for a moment then you asked me what happen the last minutes. Why do you ask? Are you okay?
:ClairePIX: I’m… fine.

>Ask him which one of those books is his favorite and why if he doesn't feel like talking about them then say if he doesn't want to talk about them then we can go back to talking about what you saying about my abdomen.
:ClairePIX: So… which book is your favorite?
:WaranPIX: I just said I didn’t want to talk about them.
:ClairePIX: Why not?
:WaranPIX: Because… um… they are… boring? That’s right; it’s boring and I don’t want to bore you.
:ClairePIX: How about we talk about that thing you said about my abdomen instead? That “it’s so sexy that I should bang it all night long”?
:WaranPIX: …shit, did I say that out lo- I mean, let’s talk about the books! HAHAH! Um… here’s my favorite… hah…
:ClairePIX: What’s it about?
:WaranPIX: It’s… about a romance between a paladin and a lich and… it’s silly, okay?
:ClairePIX: I see that you have marked the page right before the most well-read pages. That’s where the smut is, isn’t it~
:WaranPIX: I-I-I… HAHA… um… I… bu-… hah… eh… err…
:ClairePIX: If you run away now you’ll lose the small chance you have to tap this~
:WaranPIX: Um… I… eh…

Waran panics!
Waran Froze up!


>Getting angry at Waran for being a perv at you would help her... mantisness.
…well, I was kind of pissed at first but seeing him squirm like this? …pure joy.

Insert assertive aspersion assertion_
>>
No. 497511 ID: ab6499

That one is his favourite? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

That's one crazy coincidence, unless... is the dean planing ALL of this?
>>
No. 497527 ID: d6ef5d

Oh goodness. Cut your poor friend a break.
>>
No. 497535 ID: b3ca75
File 136233353795.png - (42.08KB , 900x600 , 58.png )
497535

>That's one crazy coincidence, unless... is the dean planning ALL of this?
Hopefully not, as if it’s true then I’m being manipulated by a very powerful and perverted lich instead of just a powerful one.

>Oh goodness. Cut your poor friend a break.
:ClairePIX: Snap out of Waran! I was just joking around.
:WaranPIX: Y-you were j-joking?
:ClairePIX: Relax, I don’t think anything less of you because you like cheesy romance novels. After all, we all have embarrassing secrets.
:WaranPIX: I guess… um… sorry for that abdomen thing I said.
:ClairePIX: Hey, I was just as perverted a moment ago. If anything, I’m the one who would be sorry.
:WaranPIX: …maybe… Though I think I know a way for both of us to make up for it…
:ClairePIX: Really~
:ThanrosPIX: Oh, hey guys! Um… did I disturb something?
:WaranPIX: …no… no you did not.
:ThanrosPIX: Oh good. Good… um… I need some help. You see, Balros and I is supposed to have this date tonight.
:WaranPIX: I think you’re asking the wrong people…
:ThanrosPIX: But you’re the smart guy… and I know you have some of those ho yay romance books. Anyway, I think we’re supposed to have dinner but I’m I suppose to pay for it or is he? And who brings the flowers? And who is supposed to hold the door open? Oh gods, who’s on top and who’s the bottom!?
:WaranPIX: Not really something you ask in polite company, Ros.
:ClairePIX: Um… Isn’t Thanros supposed to be the one with most experience with this?
:WaranPIX: He’s never been on a date after he came out.
:ClairePIX: Oh…
:ThanrosPIX: Oh gods, who’s supposed to kiss up to who?

Insert confused little lizard_
>>
No. 497537 ID: 9ddf68

I thought that you had to wait for the third date before you started to get to the good stuff.
>>
No. 497541 ID: d6ef5d

>if it’s true then I’m being manipulated by a very powerful and perverted lich instead of just a powerful one.
You know, in that light, it makes more sense if all the perverted and hilarious coincidences in your life are being caused by Liz's interference or planning rather than the dean's.
>>
No. 497563 ID: b3ca75
File 136234252051.png - (42.00KB , 900x600 , 59.png )
497563

>You know, in that light, it makes more sense if all the perverted and hilarious coincidences in your life are being caused by Liz's interference or planning rather than the dean's.
Good news everyone! Apparently my life is being controlled by a mad god that only seems to have sex on her mind. Clearly, this new revelations is going to make me sleep well at night.
>I thought that you had to wait for the third date before you started to get to the good stuff.
:ClairePIX: Aren’t you getting a little ahead of yourself.
:ThanrosPIX: You’re right, I should be concern about who’s bringing protections instead!
:ClairePIX: Um… I meant that it’s just the first date. A proper lady… err… gentlemen doesn’t do that on the first date.
:ThanrosPIX: …oh right… that’s true. I’m just so nervous that I got my thought wrapped up... now, let’s see… what to wear?
:WaranPIX: …well, that was a moment killer. What to see what Renny and Thanra is up to?
:ClairePIX: Yeah, sure, why not.
>>
No. 497564 ID: b3ca75
File 136234252915.png - (30.90KB , 900x600 , 60.png )
497564

:RenaultPIX: -And I’m telling you, S’mores!
:WaranPIX: S’mores?
:RenaultPIX: Didn’t you hear? There’s been a last minute change in our school schedule. We’re going camping tomorrow!
:ThanraPIX: We got a contract tomorrow. It just so happens that we’re supposed to camp out for the night.
:RenaultPIX: That’s why we need to be prepared! So s’mores, a campfire… maybe a fishing rod? Is there any water nearby we’re we are supposed to camp?
:ThanraPIX: Dammit Renny, This isn’t for fun! We got a contract.
:RenaultPIX: It’s the first year we can take contract so they aren’t going to give us something hard. It’s probably going to be “pick some flowers” or “kill some rats”.
:ThanraPIX: There’s been multiple undead sightings over there. They aren’t going to make us pick flower in an undead infested zone!
:RenaultPIX: Didn’t you say the same thing about the mansion? Stop being scared and relax. Now, for the camping trip… what more should we bring for a good time?

Insert Camping the bodies_
>>
No. 497566 ID: 9ddf68

well if there you guys do bring fishing pools (which would solve our 'need to eat living flesh' problem) don't forget bait. Tents if were going to be outside of course, And just encase there are some undead maybe you should also bring some sharp weapons (as in real ones not the training ones) and some kind of fortifications to put up around your camp. even if nothing shows up you should still do this as it could be good practice for later down the road when you do actually have threats that could slit your throats as you sleep.
Yeah other then that food, water, whatever else a growing adventurer needs, and maybe some empty backpacks or something just encase this is some kind of gathering mission.
Oh OH, and claire DON"T FORGET YOUR HAPPY STONE. If you do start to loose yourself to your lich side it could very likely save lives.
>>
No. 497567 ID: b33427

You know, you never did get around to having any cheese. How about bringing enough for you and everyone else? A bag of those cute little wax encapsulated cheese rounds with the pull strip to open would be quite nice.

Hey, who's paying for this contract, anyway? 'Cause we aren't supposed to take contracts from either the Republic or the Empire right now, so who does that leave? Or was this contract made and paid before the Empire invaded?
>>
No. 497589 ID: 37aa84

The contract is probably the Dean way of directing you to that well of magic he mentioned you needing to consume in that dream, or was it a vision? No, I'm pretty sure it was real.
>>
No. 497665 ID: b3ca75
File 136237820622.png - (31.66KB , 900x600 , 61.png )
497665

>in that dream, or was it a vision? No, I'm pretty sure it was real.
Hey, stop stealing jobs from poor anime characters! Some of them are even desperate enough to sell their thumbs to get a job like that!
>You know, you never did get around to having any cheese. How about bringing enough for you and everyone else?
Because bringing intoxicating food with you on a contract is a great idea! Meh, I’ve done worse, let’s get high.

>fishing pools, bait, Tents, weapons, fortifications, backpacks, HAPPY STONE, food, water, whatever else a growing adventurer needs.
:RenaultPIX: -tents… weapons… hmm… rope?
:ThanraPIX: Well, this list is almost completed. Maybe we’ll impress teach tomorrow by not forgetting anything important… wait, fortifications? How are we supposed to bring that with us?
:RenaultPIX: Ooh! Ooh! Maybe they will give use some of those neat adventuring gear real adventures use. They got that kind of stuff!

>Hey, who's paying for this contract, anyway?
:ThanraPIX: Err… we don’t know…
:WaranPIX: I’m going to guess it’s third party. Probably some mage that wants some ingredients or something.
:ClairePIX: That would make sense…
:RenaultPIX: Look at the time, guys. It’s time for dinner!
:ClairePIX: Err… I’ll catch up with you guys. I have other dinner plans.
:CockPIX: Caw!
:ThanraPIX: I don’t know… I was planning just reading a good book tonight… alone, you know.
:RenaultPIX: Well, I was planning on going fishing, so if you want to come it’s fine by me. I think I got an extra rod here somewhere if you want to borrow one.
:WaranPIX: I was planning on going to the view and enjoy the sundown, myself. If you want some more… acute company I’m sure you would enjoy the view as much as I would.

…Hmm… maybe I should take the time to talk to the book and learn enchanting or something…

Choose your destiny!
Go solo; learn more about liches and bitches- I mean enchanting.
Go with Renault, fishing is fun times.
Go with Waran, because that view is just mmm.
Go find Dylon for some more Hate sex Hate flirting.

:ClairePIX: Wait, why is Dylon even on the list? And that wasn’t FLIRTING!

Insert Johnny Cage!_
>>
No. 497667 ID: beeca1

Renault because fishing *is* fun times. Especially if there's a possibility of catching anything with tentacles. That almost certainly wouldn't actually result in anything erotic, but you could make smutty jokes to tease Renault.
>>
No. 497668 ID: d6ef5d

>Good news everyone! Apparently my life is being controlled by a mad god that only seems to have sex on her mind. Clearly, this new revelations is going to make me sleep well at night.
I will remind you that you were the sap who agreed to this.

>third party
It's totally the dean. This whole contract is just an excuse for you to eat that magic well he was gonna send you after.

>What do?
Fishing nets you raw food and npc relationship building time. That's twice the lich sanity check!

I'm really tempted to foster your blackroom fling with Dylon though...
>>
No. 497670 ID: 9ddf68

Well first I say find a nice secluded area and eat the bird, just make sure no one is watching as it could be kind of awkward to explain.

As for what to do next, well if we went for learning how to be a better lich that would be very useful to us but at the same time the Dean said if we want to keep our, uh, mantis something-y we should go out and experience some emotions.
If we go with Renault it would be nice to have the guy who is trying to become a paladin to be on our friend list as it might make things go smoother if we're ever outed as a lich but at the same time, HE'S TRAINING TO BE A PALADIN and staying around him to much risk us being outed as a Lich.
If we go with Waran I don't see much risk but also not very much to gain either
And lastly Dylon, I think this would be funny to see but truth be told I'm still a little worried about that 'bad news' the empire said they had and would rather not risk finding out what that bad news is, as it came with at the same time of our blood test.
My vote is to go with Renault, because if we learn more about paladins we might find a way to better hide our lichdom from them and because he's taking us fishing, and we planned on joining the fishing club at some point if I'm not mistaken
>>
No. 497680 ID: f2c20c

Personally I think EVERYONE YOU KNOW is at risk of finding out you're a lich.

Going with Renault does mean we can stock up on raw food, though. Bring an icebox.

Oh, and if you have even a few minutes free, ask the book what the "most important thing" to not do is, as a Lich.
>>
No. 497692 ID: b3ca75
File 136239082485.png - (27.63KB , 900x600 , 62.png )
497692

>eat the bird.
Cock will be consumed!
:CockPIX: They’re eating her… then they’re going to eat me… OH MY GOOOOOOO-
:ClairePIX: Om nom nom.

[Chicken’s life essence has been consumed. Necromantic power: Very good!]

>ask the book what the "most important thing" to not do is, as a Lich.
:AntonidasPIX: Um… Can you be a bit more specific?
:ClairePIX: The Dean was about to say it before he got cut off.
:AntonidasPIX: Hmm… Don’t consume sentient creatures, try to keep sane, keep it secret? Don’t consume a magic ball bigger than your own head? Don’t cast magic carelessly so you get eaten by pizza elementals? Maybe he wanted to warn you not to eat the shrimps? I honestly don’t know.

>Go fishing with Renault.
Well, Renny was nice enough to sign me up with the fishing club, so now I got a big nice rod to use and the necessary papers to fish in this area.

:RenaultPIX: Ah, time for my favorite pastime… you know, it’s quite nice to get away from the others for a while.
:ClairePIX: Speaking of the others, do they always insult you this much?
:RenaultPIX: Oh, we make fun of each other all the time… though Waran have become quite a bit meaner since you showed up. Maybe he sees me as a rival for your affection or something? Heh, l-like you would h-have any affection for me…
:ClairePIX:

Insert Don’t eat yellow snow_
>>
No. 497696 ID: f2c20c

>>497692
Point out to him that he is trying awful hard to win you over, and Waran was flirting a bit with you earlier... but they shouldn't see eachother as rivals. You're gonna go for a harem, after all.
>>
No. 497699 ID: d6ef5d

Hey, look, it's Blackadder again! And apparently. his friend Doctor Robotnik! Go say hi.
>>
No. 497700 ID: 9ddf68

Well how long have you been at the school? like two days right, isn't that a little early to form anything more then some friendships.
Also say if he and Waran are fighting over you or something to that effect you should tell them that it isn't worth throwing a friendship away over some girl.
>>
No. 497707 ID: b3ca75
File 136241087884.png - (28.48KB , 900x600 , 63.png )
497707

>isn't that a little early to form anything more than some friendships.
Probably… though they have been a bit forward. Now that I think about I haven’t actually seen any other female mantises in the whole school… that would explain why people keep hitting on me.
>Point out to him that he is trying awful hard to win you over.
:ClairePIX: Of course I have some affections for you. You are a good friend after all. Though I have noticed that you have been trying quite hard to move further than that.
:RenaultPIX: Am I really that obvious? I’m sorry, I-I didn’t want to destroy o-our friendship because of me thinking with the wrong parts.
:ClairePIX: You are as subtle as a war hammer. And don’t be sorry. Truth be told, I kind of like the attention.

>it isn't worth throwing a friendship away over some girl.
>they shouldn't see each other as rivals. You're gonna go for a harem, after all.
:ClairePIX: You should really stop fighting with Waran over me. It isn’t worth throwing your friendship away because of some girl.
:RenaultPIX: But you aren’t just some girl… and maybe your right. It’s dumb to throw away something like that for the sake of a small chance of something better…
:ClairePIX: Besides, why be rivals? Lady mantises have harems after all~
:RenautlPIX: w-wha…
:ClairePIX: Take it easy, I’m only teasing. Though it’s true that we have harems, just so you know.

>Hey, look, it's Blackadder again! And apparently his friend Doctor Robotnik! Go say hi.
:ClairePIX: Greetings Lt. Blackadder, Dr. Eggman.
:SamuelPIX: Don’t gibe the mustache, Witch, and the names Crunch!
:LtBlackadderPIX: Ah, Lady Claire. I’ll have you know, Lord Dylon is dying to see you. Maybe you two can go and take a look at my more unlucky brothers and have a little snack?
:ClairePIX: Wha-
:SamuelPIX: Leave us, you soul sucking wench, before we burn you like you deserve!
:RenaultPIX: What the hell! That’s no way to talk to a woman, Fatso! And should have punched your snout in, reptile, if your head wasn’t so far up your ass that it was protected by your ribcage!
:ClairePIX: Ren, w-we’re leaving…

:RenautlPIX: …what was that all about?

Insert Racism… I mean Speciesm? Lichism? Undeadism?_
>>
No. 497708 ID: d6ef5d

Blackadder, n-no. ;_; </3
>>
No. 497724 ID: 9ddf68

well no need to let to ass hats ruin the rest of your day, now off to the fishing trip.
you also might want to invest in a stronger lock for your door as well, at least until the empire leaves.
and have some escape routs mapped out just encase
>>
No. 497762 ID: b3ca75
File 136242734858.png - (23.02KB , 900x600 , 64.png )
497762

>Blackadder, n-no. ;_; </3
Yeah, people’s perception of you does kind of change if they know you’re an undead monster.
>you also might want to invest in a stronger lock for your door and have some escape routes mapped out just encase.
I’ll see what I can do about the lock… as for escape routes.
:ClairePIX: Is there any escape routes from the school?
:RenaultPIX: um… yeah? There’s three of them I know of. In the crypt, kitchen and library, all leading out into the wood behind the school, why do you ask? Are you afraid those imperials will do something? Oh, are they going to kidnap you as a bride!?
:ClairePIX: I’m not going be a bride, but yes, I’m afraid that they might do something.
:RenaultPIX: …I… I promise I’ll do my best to protect you. That is what a paladin is supposed to do, right?
:ClairePIX: …Thank you, Ren.

>now off to the fishing trip.



:RenaultPIX: …You know, I actually succeeded in learning some of the weak paladin spells yesterday…
:ClairePIX: Oh? Doesn’t that mean you actually are a paladin know?
:RenaultPIX: Well, no, not yet. I still have to do a test for the order to be a real paladin. It’s more about morals and actions then abilities. Though it kind of cool knowing lay on hands even if I’m not good at it.
:ClairePIX: With a little bit of training I’m sure you’ll be a great caster.
:RenaultPIX: I know, though the only spell I’m really good at is detect undead… and let me tell you, casting it on people have… interesting results…

…Ohshitohshitpshitohshitohshitohsh-
Insert Detect this!_
>>
No. 497766 ID: 37aa84

Uhhh, what kind of results are you talking about? You're not getting any kind of false positives are you?
>>
No. 497770 ID: 9ddf68

...fuck
Well the important thing here is to KEEP CALM. Keep any and all fear out of your voice and body language even if you feel like screaming and running around in circles.
He just said he has some 'interesting results', he didn't say you were a lich.
IF he does call you out to be a lich just ask him what he thinks you are, and if he keeps pressuring you then just come clean as at that point I don't think lying will do shit and if he ask why you never told him just say no one has asked before.
>>
No. 497771 ID: d6ef5d

>casting it on people have… interesting results…
...really? Like what? Does it tell you how much of a life people have or something?

[block detect undead! Give of readings of a nice, normal, living mantis]
>>
No. 497774 ID: 78c6ea

Before you conclude everyone is undead, you might want to consider that you have a lot to learn as a paladin, and you might have not mastered "detect undead" as well as you think.
>>
No. 497779 ID: 76b151

Place a still live fish in between you too.
>>
No. 497783 ID: 14bafe

"So, does everyone who's alive count as un-dead then? That could sound like an interesting problem."
>>
No. 497785 ID: f2c20c

>>497762
Who'd he cast it on?
>>
No. 497795 ID: ab6499

If he asks you if you are undead jokingly accuse him of reading Waran's books, if he presses you for an honest answer come clean.

Losing his trust by lying in his face and latter get discovered would probably be baaaaaaad.
>>
No. 497798 ID: f2c20c

>>497770
I disagree. She needs to be emotional.
>>
No. 497847 ID: 14bafe

>>497798
Curiosity is totally an emotion: Ask for gossip about who he looked at and what was up.
>>
No. 497967 ID: b3ca75
File 136246456756.png - (23.15KB , 900x600 , 65.png )
497967

>Keep any and all fear out of your voice and body language even if you feel like screaming and running around in circles.
In situations like these I like to remember the words of a wise man. “When in deadly danger, When beset by doubt, Run in little circles, Wave your arms and shout.” –Cain.
>Keep Calm And Carry On
:ClairePIX: R-really? Though b-before you conclude *Clack* t-that everyone is a z-z-zombie in disguise maybe you w-want to *Click*consider that you aren’t even a p-paladin yet and your detect u-u-u-undead isn’t working perfectly.
:RenaultPIX: What? No, I haven’t detected any undercover zombies yet, though that thought is kind ridiculous, isn’t it. What I have noticed is that I can detect dead or artificial tissue in peoples bodies, like in Thanros broken arm and stuff.
:ClairePIX: W-who have you *Clack*cast t-that stuff on, anyway?
:RenaultPIX: Anyone I can find really-
:ClairePIX: *CLACK CLICK*!
:RenaultPIX: Of course I have to get their permission first, but no one have turned me down yet. So… The cannon fodders, some teachers, the dean, a few other buddies and those zombie hamsters we have.
:ClairePIX: Z-zombie hamsters?
:RenaultPIX: Of course. We can’t have a zombie shambling around in the school and we need something to train on, thus zombie hamsters. Anyway, I wanted to ask you something. Is it okay if I cast detect undead on you? You know, for training?

Insert miniature giant zombie space hamster _
>>
No. 497974 ID: 9ddf68

wait is Thanros your roommate or her bother. If it is your roommate ask him what did he do to brake her arm in the first place and what did he do that she had to get artificial tissue put in it. if it's her bother than ask what happened to him.
As for the detect undead spell just say you would rather not as you just want to fish right now to relax your mind a bit because you've had a stressful day. if he tries and push then just say you'll compermies and he can tell you how the spell works and any flaws or something they spell has and how he learned it in the first place (hey if you can learn how to counter it then you can have him cast it on you later), and if he really wants to show you have him use it on a fish you catch. But only if he really pushes
>>
No. 497975 ID: 9ddf68

also is he getting closer to you
>>
No. 497978 ID: f2c20c

>>497967
Welp. If you say no he's going to be suspicious, if you say yes he's going to find out you're undead. Of course the Empire's armies apparently ALL FUCKING KNOW now so... Maybe you should just come out and tell him. It's not going to be-

Wait he cast it on the Dean and didn't find out he was a Lich? Tell him yes. I think it will fail to detect you as undead because you've got your necromantic power pretty high up there right now. You probably only detect as undead if your power is slacking and your disguise begins to fail.

If he freaks out do not let him run away.
>>
No. 497983 ID: f2c20c

>>497978
But uh, don't kill him. Obviously. Just like, try to keep him restrained so you can explain that it doesn't mean you're going to kill everyone or take over the world or whatever.
>>
No. 497999 ID: b3ca75
File 136247343384.png - (23.09KB , 900x600 , 66.png )
497999

>also is he getting closer to you?
Yes, yes he is.
>wait is Thanros your roommate or her bother.
Thanra is my roommate, Thanros is her twin brother. They got kind of theme naming thing going on.
>Wait he cast it on the Dean and didn't find out he was a Lich?
The Dean is probably a lot more powerful than me and can no doubt block it in his sleep.

>ask what happened to him.
:ClairePIX: What did you do to Thanros anyway.
:RenaultPIX: Oh, you know, sparring. We are kind supposed to get hurt while we train, both so we learn to take the pain and so the healers got something to train on. But can I cast it or not?

>jokingly accuse him of reading Waran's books.
:ClairePIX: What? You think I’m dead? Have you been reading Waran’s books? Thinking this is going to turn out to be some forbidden love between a lich and paladin?
:RenaultPIX: Heh, read that drivel? Have you actually taken a peak at them? They are dreadful! Here, let me quote one of them… *chough* “Oh yes, your tubular rectum stimulates my pendular appendage, baby.”
:ClairPIX: Hah, he seriously read stuff like that?

>you would rather not as you just want to fish right now to relax your mind a bit because you've had a stressful day.
:ClairePIX: Err… can we do this whole detect undead another time? I’d rather just relax and keep fishing. Today have been… kind of stressful. Beside, aren’t you supposed to train the other spells too?
:RenaultPIX: Oh, of course. Another time then… maybe I should start casting lay on hands on people instead.
>>
No. 498000 ID: b3ca75
File 136247344569.png - (24.69KB , 900x600 , 67.png )
498000




:RenaultPIX: Hey, you want to know a secret?
:ClairePIX: What?
:CowPIX: I’m actually a cow.
:ClairePIX: …what.
:CowPIX: Mooo!
:ClairePIX: …The Fu-

Insert What a tweeest_
>>
No. 498001 ID: c31f72

So Renault is female then?
Doesn't make a difference if you're collecting a harem. Even if you're not into women your harem is gonna need guards!
>>
No. 498002 ID: ed1b88

Punch him in the face.

It's the only way to be sure.
>>
No. 498003 ID: 14bafe

Wake up.
>>
No. 498004 ID: 76b151

Well, cow or not he can hold a conversation so hes not for eating. Tell him you respect his choices in life and...

Wake up.
>>
No. 498005 ID: b3ca75
File 136247702490.png - (28.07KB , 900x600 , 68.png )
498005

>Punch him in the face. It's the only way to be sure.
I thought nuking it from orbit was the only way.
>Tell him you respect his choices in life and...
:ClairePIX: Just so you know, I respect that you choose to become a vegetarian.

>Wake up.
:ThanraPIX: Hey, wake up!
:ClairePIX: Mngffd?
:AryaPIX: Hmm… Everything for the tents… Food and water…
:ThanraPIX: Dammit, you knew we had an early morning. Why where you out so late fishing with Renny?
:AryaPIX: …Camp defense… rope… cheese? Yeah, like I’d let you bring that…
:ThanraPIX: What did you even do that late out there?
:AryaPIX: Well… I’m impressed. You almost got everything. You did forget three very important things though. Can anyone tell me what?
:WaranPIX: Our dignity, pride and honor?
:AryaPIX: You can’t forget something you don’t have, can you know. Jokes aside, while you ponder the question where going to divide you into groups of two.
:ThanrosPIX: But we’re uneven. Isn’t there going to be a group with just one?
:AryaPIX: Indeed, you’ll see why later. Now, Claire, as you showed your skill in that duel yesterday you get to pick first. Who do you want to be in group with, or do you want be alone? Also, can you mention the three things you guys forgot to pack? If anyone can I’ll give you guys something special.

Insert What an untweeest_
>>
No. 498007 ID: 14bafe

Lets see, the mission briefing, the tents maybe, bug spray?

Maaan, go alone. Otherwise it's going to lead to some sort of lesson.
>>
No. 498008 ID: f2c20c

>>498005
What DID you do out there so late? We missed a bunch of time. Just like with the last dream you had. Go with Waran, since you skipped out on that likely-sexual invite last night, and you should probably talk to him about his rivalry with Renault.

Let's see. Forgot to pack... Spare clothes, medical supplies, flint and tinder, bedrolls, map, compass?
>>
No. 498015 ID: d6ef5d

Don't go alone. Kind of defeats the purpose of your whole clinging to humanity mantisity through social interaction thing we go going on.
>>
No. 498018 ID: 37aa84

I don't think I heard anything about the adventurers best friend, the standard issue ten foot pole. Also go with Thanros and ask him about how his date with Belos went.
>>
No. 498023 ID: dc4a44

thanra. girl talk
>>
No. 498026 ID: 9ddf68

uh flint & tinder, map & compass, and some kind of healing supplies just encase we can't get to our healer?
I don't care who you go with so why don't you just pick someone YOU want to go with or if you want to go solo than go solo. If I had to pick than i guess Thanros or Waran because we really haven hanged out with any of them yet.
Oh and congratulation on not waking up screaming in terror for once, you're moving up in the world.
>>
No. 498029 ID: b3ca75
File 136250144486.png - (27.77KB , 900x600 , 69.png )
498029

>What DID you do out there so late?
Um… fishing? We mostly just relaxed and talked a bit, that kind of stuff. Oh, and Ren cough a fish that he gave me, so I got something raw with me to eat. I even manage to convince him to cast Lay on hands on it instead of the whole detect undead thing. It’s was a nice time all around.
>Go with Waran.
:AryaPIX: Waran, eh? Any objections? No? Good, Thanros, your next.
:ThanrosPIX: Um… I think… I’ll go alone- no wait, I’ll go with Renault- No, Alone… err… I’ll go alone.
:AryaPIX: Thanra and Renault is the last group then. I’ll tell you why we have groups later…

>Spare clothes, medical supplies, bedrolls, ten foot pole.
:AryaPIX: You already got spare clothes, Waran has all the medical supplies you’ll need, the bedrolls is with the tents and you’re going to be in a forest so just pick up a stick or use the fishing rods. You can guess better than that.
>bug spray.
:AryaPIX: …Most of the group is covered in either scales or a carcass. The only bug spray you would need is one to keep the two love birds away from you.

>the mission briefing, map, compass, flint and tinder.
:AryaPIX: The contract, navigation tools and fire tools is correct. Good job. There is an archive right next to the library where you can get both your contracts and any map of the area in the future. You also forgot to bring anything to light a fire with or any fuel for it. Here’s your contract, navigation tools, some fire crystals and a pair of hatchets for fuel making.

>Something special.
:AryaPIX: And as you successfully guessed all three things here something special. One box each. These are for the humans and lizards, these for the mantises.
:RenaultPIX: C-condoms!?
:WaranPIX: Infertility pills!!!?
:AryaPIX: Har har! Do you really think we would let a bunch of kids be all alone in the wood without protection? I have you know we already have way to much unwanted pregnancy here as it is. Now, where leaving in ten, so get ready for a walk.
:WaranPIX: We’re walking all the way to whispering forest!? B-but… that’s really far!
:ThanraPIX: Grow a spine, Waran.

Insert A sword is better protection against zombies, though_
>>
No. 498035 ID: d6ef5d

Right, collect equipment, set a marching order, and get going.
>>
No. 498037 ID: 9ddf68

what, what do they mean way to much unwanted pregnancy, What the hell is going on in this school? Claire if I were you I would clean the sheets of your bed when you get back, who knows what has happened in them.
So now I guess we just grab Warran and maybe the rest of the gang and go get our contracts and maps... and we should probably do our best to stay away form those empire bastards as I'm sure they can only cause you problems.
>>
No. 498045 ID: 37aa84

Wait, what kind of reward is it if you were going to make us take them whether we were right or not?
>>
No. 498053 ID: b3ca75
File 136251129818.png - (47.21KB , 900x600 , 70.png )
498053

>what, what do they mean way to much unwanted pregnancy, What the hell is going on in this school?
A lot of kids without parents of both genders in one place? Bound to be a few mistakes here and there. Though when she say way to much she’s probably exaggerating. After all, one is way too much.
>Wait, what kind of reward is it if you were going to make us take them whether we were right or not?
:AryaPIX: If you lost you would have gotten it as a punishment.

>Right, collect equipment, set a marching order, and get going.
Equipment get, marching order done, transforming and marching out.
:ClairePIX: So, Thanros, how was the date?
:ThanrosPIX: Just fabulous, I have you know. Balros came in the cutes little suit and had this really beautiful flowers with him. I nearly kissed him right th-
:WaranPIX: Can’t we talk about something else?
:RenaultPIX: 99 bottle of beer on the wall?
:WaranPIX: Oh gods no. I rather listen to Thanros gush then that!
:RenaultPIX: Take one down, pass it around~

--------------------

:AryaPIX: Welcome to Whispering forest. Here’s the deal, you have 24 hours on you to complete the contract and set up a camp worthy of an adventuring party. You will do this without my help as best you’re able. If you really need me then you all have call beads in your backpacks to call me with. When the times up we will meet at the camp you have set up so I can check it out. I also want, for safety purpose, that you keep to the groups at all times, except for Thanros, he’s supposed to guard the camp. Good luck.
:WaranPIX: W-wwhat? Are w-we *huff* supposed to g-get *wheeze* to work a-already… can’t we take a b-break?
:ThanraPIX: Wow, you really need to work on your stamina. Anyway, we should really set up the camp first. I’ve checked out the map and found a few locations that would be perfect. We can either chose near the river, a nice open place in the center of the forest or a easily fortified but a bit cramped area.
:RenaultPIX: Can’t we complete the contract first? That way we can just relax until the times up.
:ThanrosPIX: But isn’t it lunch time yet? I’m starting to get hungry…
:ClairePIX: Maybe we should split up?
:WaranPIX: *Wheeze*
:AryaPIX: Of course they forget the most important part…

Insert in the mountains_
>>
No. 498055 ID: 14bafe

So, what is the contract, anyway.
>>
No. 498062 ID: d6ef5d

>call beads
Oh yeah, that's one thing we forgot to mention missing. Comms. Didn't think they were an option in this setting though, so cool.

>So, what is the contract, anyway.
Yeah. Is it time sensitive or not, as well? That may affect whether we decide to set up camp first, or risk splitting up.

Also the nature of the contract my factor into what campsite we pick (for instance, we may decide we want fortifications, depending on what we may be stirring up).

And we kind of were split into 3 teams of 2/2/1. What are each group's assignments?

>river
What season is it? What kind of river? Full of rapids and only good as proving a defensive wall along one side of camp? Clear and useful for fishing and escape? Muddy and low and only good for providing bugs? Prone to flooding?
>>
No. 498065 ID: eaf2f5

Since we hopefully wont be staying long in this forest, the cramped but easily fortified place sounds perfect.

Also don't split the party!
>>
No. 498068 ID: b3ca75
File 136251550335.png - (46.47KB , 900x600 , 71.png )
498068

>So, what is the contract, anyway.
:ClairePIX: Wait, what was the contract again?
:ThanraPIX: I… don’t… know… Thanros?
:ThanrosPIX: I thought you and Waran had read it.
:WaranPIX: *Wheeze* water…
:RenaultPIX: Well, let’s read it then. Let’s see… Yadda Yadda… welp, we’re supposed to pick some flowers. “Collect the following regents for the mage Antonidas: Athelas (grows in sunny meadows),
Hydresan Spice (Grows by the water(Do not consume, makes your eyes glow blue.)) and Death coil (Grows in a cave in the northern part of the forest(Deadly if consumed.))”… Then it’s just the amount and payment and stuff like that.

>What are each group's assignments?
:ThanraPIX: One has to watch the camp, the rest pick the flowers?
:AryaPIX: There are still undead in the area, so stay in pairs outside your camp.
>what we may be stirring up.
:ThanraPIX: UNDEAD!?
:AryaPIX: Don’t worry, they are just shamblers, nothing you can’t handle.

>What season is it? What kind of river?
:RenoultPIX: It should be fishable this time of year, so it’s calm?
:ThanraPIX: Well, if there are undead nearby then maybe we should start with the camp? Either the river or the easily fortified location?
:ThanrosPIX: If we hurry then we can collect all the plants before we meet any zombies and just sit in the camp safely until the times up.

Insert they shamble at the speed of walk!_
>>
No. 498072 ID: 9ddf68

I think we should go for the river, if the fortified spot is a little cramped and we have our archer guarding it I don't think close quarters are really the best place for him.
and hell if you guys are going to split up I suggest that Renault & Thanra go out now to the sunny meadow to get the Athelas flowers (easier to find a sunny meadow with the sun and it still day out so there shouldn't be any undead around yet) well you, Thanos, and Waran set up camp (mostly saying this to let Waran catch his breath) then when the camp is set up you and Waran go looking along the river you just set camp up by to go look for the Hydresan Spice. When one of the teams finds all the flowers they need they head back to camp and relax until the second team shows up then both teams will go look for the Death coil by the caves (which is probably were the undead hide in when it's day so a party of 4 should be enough to handle any if they do show up). than everyone just heads back to camp and relax, oh and have at least one person stand guard as well for it would suck to have your entire mission fail just because someone decided to take a nap on watch.
>>
No. 498126 ID: f2c20c

>>498068
Don't camp near the river. Undead don't need to breathe, so they can ambush from the water. The cramped location is fine, surely? Zombies are deathly quiet so limiting their points of entry is important so we don't get snuck up on.

Let's go get the Death Coil.
>>
No. 498186 ID: a19d72

get the Hydresan Spice
>>
No. 498193 ID: 91c1b3

>>498072
This person has a much better and more detailed plan than I do;(and along the same vein as my ideas) go for this.
>>
No. 498228 ID: b3ca75
File 136256098872.png - (39.66KB , 900x600 , 72.png )
498228

>go for the river. Renault & Thanra pick Athelas, rest make camp.
:ClairePIX: Well, the tents are done… what are you doing?
:WaranPIX: Setting up some defenses. Haven’t you seen a guardian crystal before? It’s like an alarm for when someone passes into your camp. Here, let me show you with this rock.

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*

:ClairePIX: …yeah, that would wake everyone up.
:WaranPIX: Not only that, if we let it charge for about an hour then it can fire a weak electric bolt that can stun people who pass the perimeter of the camp.

>which is probably were the undead hide in when it's day.
I don’t think these undead are smart enough to know if it’s day or night. They probably just follow the biggest life essence they can find and tries to eat it.

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*

:WaranPIX: What now? Hmm, false alarm, I think I made it a bit too sensitive so a bird or something activated it… Maybe I should increase the range…

Insert car alarm_
>>
No. 498229 ID: f2c20c

>>498228
I think I see something behind you and to your left. The tent might be in the way of your vision though.
>>
No. 498234 ID: 14bafe

>>498229
Yeah, that looks like the snout of a lizard. It might be a zombie, or it might be Thanra/Thanros. Or one of the two, as a zombie! Thanros didn't go off without a partner, did he?
>>
No. 498237 ID: f2c20c

>>498234
Thanros is right there, man. The two male lizards we know of have red facial markings.
>>
No. 498243 ID: b3ca75
File 136258140765.png - (42.92KB , 900x600 , 74.png )
498243

>Thanra/Thanros as a zombie.
Unless there’s a necromancer running around to raise them it would be very unlikely. Being bitten by a zombie does not make you one, that’s just a myth.

>I think I see something behind you and to your left.
*Tock!*
Thanros attacks Shambler for 0 damage(Torso)!

:WaranPIX: It’s coming right for us! Attack it!
:ClairePIX: …I walk faster than that thing. Why don’t you attack it with me?
:WaranPIX: I’m a doctor, not a warrior!

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*

Insert Braainnnsss_
>>
No. 498245 ID: 76b151

Another Shambler, mantis this time to the northeast.

Take out the lizard first though since Warren is being a pansy Healer. Remember what you were taught. Destroy the torso to destroy the magic. Also if you can do it convertly steal the magic as it escapes!
>>
No. 498246 ID: d6ef5d

Another one coming from behind, and its armed with scythe claws. Don't let it surprise the bowmanlizard. And there's one coming up after the lizard, too.

If these things are moving slow enough, equip your scythe gloves before going to kill them. You either need to hit the center of mass or just rip them apart.

>I’m a doctor, not a warrior!
To the people of the Gamma Forests, the word "doctor" means "mighty warrior".

How about some revive kills zombie, then?
>>
No. 498262 ID: 001618

think you can get your scythe on cause I feel they would help. Anyway just have Waran stay close to Thanos well you attack the closes zombies and work your way out. remember take out the torso. Just have to hit hard enough that they don't get back up
>>
No. 498266 ID: b3ca75
File 136258617708.png - (43.88KB , 900x600 , 75.png )
498266

>there's one coming up after the lizard, too.
There’s no one there? Maybe you saw double thanks to lag…
>If these things are moving slow enough, equip your scythe gloves before going to kill them.
Well, they are designed to be quickly equipped…
>How about some revive kills zombie, then?
:WaranPIX: How would patching up their wounds slow them down?

>Another Shambler, mantis this time to the northeast. Don't let it surprise the bowlizard.
:ClairePIX: Thanros! Behind you!

Thanros attacks Shambler 2 for 1 damage(Magic nexus)!
Shambler 2 have been destroyed!


>Remember what you were taught. Destroy the torso to destroy the magic.
Claire decapitates Shambler 1 for 0 damage!
Claire attacks Shambler 1 for 1 damage(Magic nexus)!
Shambler 1 have been destroyed!


>Also if you can do it convertly steal the magic as it escapes!
[Zombies life essence consumed. Necromantic power: Good!]

:ClairePIX: That was easy…
:WaranPIX: They were only Shamblers. They are harmless as long as you don’t let them grab you. Now, as the camp is completed maybe it’s time for us to start picking flowers?
:ThanrosPIX: …I…
:WaranPIX: What?
:ThanrosPIX: …I’ve never killed someone before…

Insert Graaaiiiinnnnss_
>>
No. 498267 ID: 76b151

They were already dead. In more ways then one. They were merely magic animating a corpse, no soul, no mind. It'd be different if they were sentient and not evil. But such a thing is probably unlikely.
>>
No. 498269 ID: d6ef5d

You still haven't. You just desecrated corpses.
>>
No. 498281 ID: b3ca75
File 136258998125.png - (42.42KB , 900x600 , 76.png )
498281

>They were already dead, in more ways than one. They were merely magic animating a corpse, no soul, no mind.
:ClairePIX: Actually, they we-
:ThanrosPIX: I actually killed a zombie, AWESOME!
:ClairePIX: -re wait what?
:WaranPIX: You just desecrated corpses. Nothing more.
:ThanrosPIX: Hey, stop trying to ruin my moment! So… what about the remains?
:WaranPIX: There isn’t any remains. All the flesh burns up after they “die”. The only thing left is the loot.
:ThanrosPIX: Wouldn’t it be more respectful to bury it?
:WaranPIX: …Are you really suggesting we dig graves for them? We don’t really have time for that; we got flowers to pick, right?

Insert Liiiveeeeerrr_
>>
No. 498283 ID: d6ef5d

Nothing left to bury, and we wouldn't know what names to put on the tombstones, anyways. Besides, cremation is a perfectly valid and respectful way to dispose of a body. We're good.

And unless those people wanted to donate their bodies to the study of necromatic-sciences, we already honored them by freeing their bodies from non-consensual postmortem enslavement.

So yeah, if we're done making the walking dead proper dead, let's go pick some daisies, already.
>>
No. 498337 ID: 001618

did you even bring shovels? and besides We are somewhat on a time table here and we still need to get the flowers. So I say head off to get your flowers with Waran and Tell Thanos to be careful and not get cocky. and to tell his sister and Renault what happened hear when they get back.
>>
No. 498371 ID: f2c20c

>>498281
Let's just put aside their equipment and inform the Academy when we get back. They should know what to do with it.

Let's get on with the job. Thanros should be fine in the camp alone against these small fries.
>>
No. 498433 ID: e3aff6

Are the arrows in them distinctive of anywhere, or just generic?
>>
No. 498440 ID: f2c20c

>>498433
Pretty sure Thanros shot those arrows.
>>
No. 498441 ID: e3aff6

>>498440
He shot the arrow in the mantis zombie, but the lizard zombie (lizzombie?) already had an arrow in it.
>>
No. 498443 ID: d6ef5d

>>498441
He attacked that one too.

>*Tock!*
>Thanros attacks Shambler for 0 damage(Torso)!

He just missed the core/hitbox, so it didn't do anything. (Because these zombies run on shmup / bullet hell logic).
>>
No. 498449 ID: b3ca75
File 136263833886.png - (23.48KB , 900x600 , 77.png )
498449

>Let's just put aside their equipment and inform the Academy when we get back.
:ClairePIX: First off, we got no shovels. Second, cremation is a perfectly valid and respectful way to dispose of a body. Third, time limit. Let’s just put aside their equipment and ask teach what we should do with it.
:ThanrosPIX: Well, we are going to ride a carriage back to the school, so we can probably take the stuff with us and bury it in the crypt…
:WaranPIX: Aren’t we going to loot them first?
:ClairePIX: No, we’re not. Be a little respectful. Besides, they just got some rusty metal and torn cloth on them. Now, let’s pick spice!

------------------------------------------------

:ClairePIX: So… how do we find this spice.
:WaranPIX: According to the contract we’re supposed to lock for small sand worms between the rocks near the river, pure water where they are and the spice will just float out on top of the river ready to be harvested.
:ClairePIX: Spice float?
:WaranPIX: The spice must float.

>you should probably talk to him about his rivalry with Renault.
:ClairePIX: Now that we are alone can I ask something? About this rivalry with Renny?
:WaranPIX: Rival? Hardly. You can’t be a rival with the dirt or trash, can you know?
:ClairePIX: Well… clearly you have something against him.
:WaranPIX: We grow up together, of course I have things against him… and for him… Anyway, why are you asking about that simpleton? He’s a friend, nothing more.

Insert Rivalry_
>>
No. 498459 ID: 9ddf68

...
No one is really good at lying here huh?
Anyway ask him how long they have been friends and how they met. Also ask what made him want to be a healer (that can also work as a good topic changer if you need one). And don't forget to keep looking for that spice. Waran isn't here to do all the work for you.
>>
No. 498461 ID: d6ef5d

You're on guard duty while he watches for a spice blow, right? Keep your eyes peeled for worm zom sign. Your harvester will be vulnerable, after all.
>>
No. 498463 ID: f2c20c

>>498449
Well, Renault mentioned that Waran was treating him worse once you showed up.

And honestly, holy crap Waran. That's a high density of insults when referring to a friend. I mean, it's only ribbing if he's present. Renault is kindof dumb, we'll admit that.
>>
No. 498476 ID: b3ca75
File 136264755330.png - (23.86KB , 900x600 , 78.png )
498476

>You're on guard duty while he watches for a spice blow, right? Keep your eyes peeled.
Don’t worry; I don’t even need to blink. Nothing is getting past me.
>Anyway ask him how long they have been friends and how they met.
:ClairePIX: How did you guys meet?
:WaranPIX: My foster parents and his dad used to live right next to each other. We’ve been friends since forever, really.
:ClairePIX: And yet you insult him like some hated enemy? What did he do to get you this angry at him?
:WaranPIX: That’s… kind of private.
:ClairePIX: If you says so… let’s talk about something else then. Why did you become a healer?
:WaranPIX: My foster parents didn’t have the money to send me to a proper medical school so here I am. This education should be enough to get an apprenticeship with a real doctor later.
:ClairePIX: But why a doctor?
:WaranPIX: Because I want to help people… well, originally I wanted to help Re- a friend’s father, but it’s a little late for that.
:ClairePIX: Wait, you wanted to devote your life to save Renaults father, yet you bash him like this? He even said that you used to be nicer before I turned up.
:WaranPIX: I-I… fine, I’m jealous of him, okay? He’s the one that’s social, the one with a lot of friends, all the dates, the one with everything! What do I get? Good grades that is useless because I don’t have the money or charisma to use it? Bah!

Insert Scrooge_
>>
No. 498483 ID: f2c20c

>>498476
All the dates? Who's he been dating? He seemed like a bit of a prick before you apparently smacked some sense into him. Do the chicks around here dig that kind of testosterone?

Ask Waran what he would've done if you had met with him last night instead of going fishing. It seemed like he was coming on a little too strong there, which is why I wasn't for it. Then ask him why he thinks you chose him as a partner for this mission.
>>
No. 498512 ID: d6ef5d

Hey Waran, there's your spice blow. Start the harvester and start loading up the thopters!

...oh wait, we're supposed to be doing interpersonal stuff, instead of making Dune references?
>>
No. 498526 ID: 9ddf68

What kind of friends does Renault have. Cause the only friends I have ever seen hang out with are the same friends that Waran hangs out with.
Also ask him how close is he to becoming a doctor and what he still has to do to get there, really just keep him talking about himself, he looks like he needs to vent a little. You should also joke and say when he becomes a doctor he should change his last name to Acula ( now paging Dr. Acula) oh and keep your eyes open while you talk, no need to for you to give a zombie an easy meal just because decided to have a little chat with your friend.
>>
No. 498541 ID: 37aa84

Huh he hasn't seemed that charismatic around us, maybe we knocked a bit of it out with one of those blows to the head.
>>
No. 498568 ID: b3ca75
File 136269372072.png - (24.56KB , 900x600 , 79.png )
498568

:ClairePIX: I wouldn’t call Ren charismatic, he was kind of a prick before I smacked some sense into him.
:WaranPIX: I didn’t say he had charisma. I said he was social, you know, have the courage to talk to pretty much anyone. I-I don’t, okay? As for the prick thing he usually gets like that around girls he like. I don’t know if it nervousness, hormones or he just think girls dig the tough guy act. Actually, when we were younger he got a lot of dates with that attitude for some reason… though not so much nowadays…
:ClairePIX: But I’ve never seen him with anyone but you guys.
:WaranPIX: Because he mostly hangs with us. Though, he does hang with the guys from team redshirt and meatshield a lot too. Oh, and he got a Roleplaying night every Wednesday with a few people.

:ClairePIX: Well, enough about Renny. You said you wanted to be a doctor right? What do you have left before you are education is done?
:WaranPIX: Two more years in the adventuring school for the basic, probably three to five years as an apprentice after that. Then it’s just a matter to find somewhere to work…
:ClairePIX: There’s always going to be works for good doctors. Sickness isn’t really a thing that will go away, you know…
:WaranPIX: Which is something I wish to change every time I watch the sun set… hoping that the world would be just a little bit brighter when the sun raises again.
:ClairePIX: By the way, when you invited me to watch it set yesterday what did you really plan?
:WaranPIX: Huh? I usually watch the sun set when I got the time. It’s smoothing. I just wanted some company- wait, what do you mean plan? …oh…OH….I-I’m sorry, I-I didn’t mean to imply s-something like that… Please, accept my most humble apology.
:ClairePIX: …Apology accepted… and… do you even know why I chose you as a partner?
:WaranPIX: I… To be honest I have no idea. Pity? It’s always pity, isn’t it?
Insert I pity the fool_
>>
No. 498572 ID: d6ef5d

He's gathering spice, right? We're not wasting all our time blabbing?
>>
No. 498575 ID: 8fbeb2

Say that you actually wanted to get to know him better after all isn't that something friends do? Also mess with him bit if he ask if all you want to be is a friend
>>
No. 498579 ID: f2c20c

>>498568
Curiosity about what was going on between him and Renault, and also he's at least on even footing with Renault so we figured we'd spend some time with him too.
>>
No. 498597 ID: b3ca75
File 136269783755.png - (43.08KB , 900x600 , 80.png )
498597

>He's gathering spice, right? We're not wasting all our time blabbing?
Of course, I think he’s almost done too.

:ClairePIX: Pity? Why would I pity you?
:WaranPIX: Because I’m pitiful?
:ClairePIX: You’re not pitiful. You’re interesting. I wanted to know more about you and was curious about what was going on with you and Renault. You are a friend after all.
:WaranPIX: …You see me as a friend?
:ClairePIX: Well… if you play your cards right maybe I’ll see you as something more~
:WaranPIX: You already see me as a friend? Most people just see me as an annoyance… I... I-I… I’m done, l-let’s just head back to camp, okay?
:ClairePIX: Um… sure?

------------------------------

:RenaultPIX: -and I’m telling you that no, the Shamblers doesn’t really move around a lot on their own. They probably just saw your life essence when you passed them in the woods and followed.
:ThanrosPIX: I just think that we should be on the safe side, that’s all.
:ThanraPIX: Oh, hi guys! Are you done too?
:ClairePIX: Indeed we are.
:ThanrosPIX: Then it’s just the Death Coil left, right? Up to the north in a cave, wasn’t it?
:RenaultPIX: Oh yeah, we forgot to mention that we saw a party of imperials heading north. I wonder what they are doing out here?
:ThanraPIX: Maybe they found the mythical location of the sword of truth?
:RenaultPIX: You think so?
:ThanraPIX: Of course not!

Insert Spork of Justice!_
>>
No. 498599 ID: d6ef5d

What safe side measures was Thanros trying to get the others to consider?

>Death Coil
Is that another kind of flower?
>>
No. 498603 ID: f8d11f

Well then unless the imperials would give you trouble I say just head out to the cave as planned and get this mission over with
>>
No. 498605 ID: f2c20c

>>498597
Told you we should've gotten the Death Coil first. Betcha the well's in the cave, and the Empire wants it.

I think we'd better go see what's up with them.
>>
No. 498608 ID: b3ca75
File 136270257397.png - (33.63KB , 900x600 , 81.png )
498608

>What safe side measures was Thanros trying to get the others to consider?
:RenaultPIX: He wants to make a bunch of traps around the camp. If you ask me it’s a waste of time.
:WaranPIX: Well, he is going to have some free time while we are gone.
:RenaultPIX: Time he should be using being a guard, not being snacked on by zombies.
:ClairePIX: Wasn’t the reason you thought it was a waste of time that we wouldn’t be attacked?
:RenaultPIX: …fine, he can build traps if he wants, as long as he remember to tell us where they are.

>just head out to the cave as planned and get this mission over with.
:RenaultPIX: What is this place, some kind of mine? It’s seems really old…
:ThanraPIX: I don’t know, it isn’t on the map. The only place who reference its location is the contract and that just says “cave”.
:WaranPIX: So we are in an really old zombie infested mine that isn’t on our map, searching for a flower called Death Coil while an evil army is running around nearby… I can’t say this won’t be interesting.

Insert threeway_
>>
No. 498610 ID: ea6124

Well I vote that you all make sure you three stick together.
Also something to note there is a light source competing from the southern tunnel so if you want to check that out send the sneakest guy you have to see if it something we should avoid, watch out for, or what
>>
No. 498616 ID: 76b151

Theres also red-something on the path north... might be the blood of shamblers.
>>
No. 498619 ID: d6ef5d

>>498616
I think those are shrooms.
>>
No. 498621 ID: f2c20c

>>498616
Looks like mushrooms to me.

Prepare for trouble, we don't know who else that is down the tunnel with the light.
>>
No. 498714 ID: b3ca75
File 136275131657.png - (47.05KB , 900x600 , 82.png )
498714

>there is a light source competing from the southern tunnel so if you want to check that out send the sneakest guy you have to see if it som-
:RenaultPIX: Times up, let’s do this! REEENAAAAUUULT LIIIIIGHTBRIIIIINGEEEEER!
:ThanraPIX: Oh, what the hell!?

------------------------------------------------

:ThanraPIX: I hope the gods damn you, Renault! All of them!
:RenaultPIX: …wait, we’re outside again? Didn’t we come in from here?
:ClairePIX: That can’t be right, we only turned right once…
:ThanraPIX: No, I recognize this place. It’s definitely where we went in.
:WaranPIX: So it’s a zombie infested magical labyrinth mine? Fan-fucking-tastic!

Insert Look out for the minotaur_
>>
No. 498717 ID: d6ef5d

Anyone able to read those characters to the right?

>magic maze?
Oh those are easy! Just get back into the windfish's egg there and do this:

← ← ↑ → → ↑ ← ↑
>>
No. 498718 ID: 37aa84

Check that slab by the entrance it looks like some kind of doorway. Was that there when you first came here? Can you discern the symbols on it?
>>
No. 498720 ID: b3ca75
File 136275688925.png - (46.86KB , 900x600 , 83.png )
498720

>Check that slab by the entrance it looks like some kind of doorway.
:ClairePIX: Maybe there’s a hidden doorway behind the slab?
:ThanraPIX: Even if there is we have no way of opening it.
:RenaultPIX: Hey, Waran, can’t you read what it says?
:WaranPIX: why do you think I know how to read some ancient runes?
:ThanraPIX: Maybe they are pictures?
:RenaultPIX: You mean it says something like “Fallen ladder, upside down bowl, fallen ladder, upside down bowl, sun”?
:ThanraPIX: Well, I think it looks more like a mushroom then a bowl…

Insert Born to rune_
>>
No. 498725 ID: 37aa84

There were mushrooms back in the caves, and the first and third symbol looks like Gemini the twins if only we hadn't left behind Thanros we could test my crazy and highly unlikely idea. Although the fact that the symbols appears twice could mean we need two sets of twin siblings to pass.
>>
No. 498727 ID: d6ef5d

Oh, wait, I got it. The symbols are for train tracks, mushrooms, and light.

So we enter the cave, then we follow the path with train tracks, then mushrooms, then tracks again, then mushrooms, then we take the lit exit.

Booyah. BD
>>
No. 498729 ID: a19d72

>>498727
sounds good to me
>>
No. 498732 ID: 9ddf68

>>498727
got nothing else to lose
>>
No. 498736 ID: 9747ef

>>498727
Do it.
>>
No. 498737 ID: b3ca75
File 136276306340.png - (36.19KB , 900x600 , 84.png )
498737

>Oh, wait, I got it. The symbols are for train tracks, mushrooms, and light.
:ClairePIX: I got it! It’s train tracks, mushrooms and light. Three things we saw in the mine! Let’s just follow the sequence.
:WaranPIX: Good idea.

----------------------------------------------

:ClairePIX: Whoa, is this some old wizard study? guys? Guys!? …where did the door go? Damn magic!

Waran, Thanra and Renault have left the party!

Insert loneliness, that the killer_
>>
No. 498738 ID: 76b151

Examine EVERYTHING!
>>
No. 498739 ID: e3aff6

That orb is glowing very obviously, so lets examine everything else first, starting with that open book on the table.
>>
No. 498740 ID: 37aa84

The book told us not to eat magic balls bigger than our head so logically that means we should eat ones that are the same size or smaller so consume the blue glowy orb. Then check the blood stained grey mass on the table.
>>
No. 498741 ID: 9ddf68

uhhh, is that bloody armor over there on the table in the upper right corner? also that little red orb right next to the bloody armor looks like that defense orb that Waran set up back in camp, soooooo you might want to watch out for that.
>>
No. 498742 ID: 76b151

Mmm, don't eat the magic globe just yet, you might need the light to read by.
>>
No. 498744 ID: 37aa84

>>498741
Don't miss the seemingly identical red orb sitting in the bookshelf if we're worried about defense systems.
>>
No. 498745 ID: d6ef5d

Things to examine:

Glowy thing.
Open book on table.
Red orb on a pedestal on table.
Mangled corpse(?) on table.
>>
No. 498747 ID: b3ca75
File 136276510676.png - (39.75KB , 900x600 , 85.png )
498747

>that open book on the table.
It’s a book about how to divert magic from a magic well. It’s currently open on the subject of diverting it to yourself. Would have been good to know if I wasn’t a lich, which means I can just use Energy drain instead. The other two books are about the fallout effect of having too much magic and magical beasts.

>check the blood stained grey mass on the table.
It’s… something. Looks like a pile of some weird flesh. Luckily whatever it once was it seems to not to be alive anymore.

>Examine EVERYTHING!
Let’s see… Bookcases filled with book of some language I don’t know, a few candles, some kind of green goo in a glass container and a guardian orb. It seems to have been out of power for years.

>consume the blue glowy orb.
…It’s…It’s…It’s beautiful…
[Claire consumes the magic well! Necromantic Power: MAX]
[You have become more powerful! You learned how to block detection magic! You learned how to life drain!]
Yes… YES…. HAHAHA!
:RenaultPIX: Huh? Where am I? What happen to the doo- Claire!? Oh, good, we found you! We thought we had lost you in the maze. Wait… where are the others… and where’s the exit!?

Renault has joined the party!
>>
No. 498748 ID: c31f72

So, how are you gonna get out Claire?
>>
No. 498750 ID: 76b151

Take the gaurdian orb and look behind the bookshelf. THeres always an exit behind the bookshelf.
>>
No. 498751 ID: 76b151

Also did you move that lump o flesh at all when you examined it?

If you didn't I think it moved a little.
>>
No. 498752 ID: 37aa84

Whew, that was close. Claire you have to be more careful about doing any deranged laughing when your friends may be near. Now panic, creepy fleshy thing at nine o'clock.
>>
No. 498753 ID: d6ef5d

Hello, Renny. Haven't seen the others, or the exit, or the thing we're supposed to be looking for, either.

I think the table thing moved.

Start looking for secret compartments or exits, or maybe something will happen when everyone ends up here?
>>
No. 498754 ID: 76b151

Oh! Have Renault do detect undeda on lump of flesh!
>>
No. 498755 ID: b3ca75
File 136276735725.png - (40.29KB , 900x600 , 86.png )
498755

>So, how are you gonna get out Claire?
Um… well…

>creepy fleshy thing at nine o'clock.
:ScreamerPIX: EEEEEEEEH!!!!
:ClairePIX: AAAAH!!!
:RenaultPIX: HOLY SHIT!

Screamer attacks Claire(Parry)!

Insert Grom Hellscream’s EEEEEEE!_
>>
No. 498757 ID: 76b151

Nevermind. Its limbs seem magically attached. Destroy the torso!

Pity renault is only just learnign to be a paladin we could really use some divine retribution right about now.
>>
No. 498758 ID: 37aa84

I thought there were only supposed to be shamblers out here. What is a screamer? Watch out it's winding up for a second swing, Ren get behind it and take it down while Claire keeps it busy.
>>
No. 498759 ID: d6ef5d

Floating magic hands, huh? That means you can't just cut them off.

Does center of mass still apply as the weak spot for this kind of undead?

Oh well, parry and try and cut it up. If you keep it busy, Renny can stab it from behind. (Mercifully, The Shining One doesn't care if paladins use sneaky stabbing attacks on the undead!).

It also looks like it has some kind of stinger on it's tail, so watch out for that.
>>
No. 498762 ID: b3ca75
File 136277026151.png - (40.29KB , 900x600 , 87.png )
498762

Screamer cast Terror Scream on Claire!
Claire is panicking!
Claire is Knocked Prone!


:ScreamerPIX: EEEEEEEEEEEE
:ClairePIX: AAAAAH!

>Destroy the torso!
AAAAAH!
>Pity Renault is only just learning to be a paladin we could really use some divine retribution right about now.
:ClairePIX: REN HELP GODSDAMMIT!
:RenaultPIX: …Coma faveo me…
>>
No. 498763 ID: b3ca75
File 136277027466.png - (42.29KB , 900x600 , 88.png )
498763

:RenaultPIX: TURN!

Renault cast Turn Undead!
Screamer is Feared!
Claire is Feared!


:ClairePIX: …!!
:ScreamerPIX: Hisss!!!

[You have lost control of Claire! You now control Renault!]

Insert The turn in the battle
>>
No. 498764 ID: 76b151

The Torso!

Also it looks liek Clair is still paniced. Try not to hit her too if she flails unexpectedly.
>>
No. 498767 ID: d6ef5d

Fear makes it helpless, right? Hit it with your axe.
>>
No. 498769 ID: 001618

Can you hit that thing without hitting Claire Because I think she would really like it if that damn thing was off of her. And be careful that thing still has Claire in a panic so try and calm her down.
And if your wondering why you now have voices in your had, well lets just say that this is a desperate situation at the moment and a lot of weird things happen in desperate situations.
>>
No. 498771 ID: b3ca75
File 136277190696.png - (40.33KB , 900x600 , 89.png )
498771

>The Torso!
Of course!
:RenaultPIX: Don’t you dare run away from me! Lux, addo me fortitude…

Screamer is fleeing!
Renault attacks Screamer for 16(Double damage: Helpless) Damage(Magic Nexus)!
Screamer is heavily wounded!

:RenaultPIX: SMITE!
Renault Smites Screamer for 32(Double damage: Helpless) Damage(Magic Nexus)!
Screamer has been slain!

:RenaultPIX: Who’s awesome? I’m awesome!

>And if your wondering why you now have voices in your had, well lets just say that this is a desperate situation at the moment and a lot of weird things happen in desperate situations.
…um... what? Are you like the spirit of the wizard that lives here or something? Was that your body I just killed? Wait, are you going to be some kind of mentor to me and guide me on some legendary quest!? Are we going to find the Sword of Truth!? This is so cool!

Insert Cool beans_
>>
No. 498773 ID: 9747ef

Nope.

Anyway, go make sure Claire's okay.
>>
No. 498775 ID: d6ef5d

>are you going to be some kind of mentor to me and guide me on some legendary quest!?
Yes, we will totally guide and mentor you along your quest. Like all good mysterious mentors though, we may pop in and out unexpectedly at important moments. We're mysterious like that.

And yes, we are very cool. So nice of you to notice.

>Are we going to find the Sword of Truth!?
Probably. I mean, what's the point of a macguffin that never shows up? Although you're not the sword user in the party. We'll have to find you the Axe of Awesome or something instead.

I suggest you check up on your mantis friend, there. Any idea how long magic fear takes to wear off? Or do you have something that can fix that? Anti-fear techniques seem like something that might be thematically appropriate for a paladin.
>>
No. 498781 ID: 76b151

Nah, we're the reason the Empire is hanging around. allow me to introduce ourselves. Presenting the one, the only. the souls of the past, and future.... The Voices of the Many!

Typically our presence indicates the Vessal is nearby. The Empire sensed our presence but havne't had much luck finding it. We've been hanging around in Claire's head since she arrived at the academy so its probably around there somewhere.
>>
No. 498782 ID: b3ca75
File 136277380914.png - (38.34KB , 900x600 , 90.png )
498782

>Allow me to introduce ourselves. Presenting the one, the only. the souls of the past, and future.... The Voices of the Many!
The voice of whom? You’re the voices of the dead?
>Typically our presence indicates the Vessal is nearby.
…what?
>We've been hanging around in Claire's head since she arrived at the academy
Wait, you’ve been talking to Claire!? I… I’m so confused right now…
>make sure Claire's okay.
Huh? Oh, right!
:RenaultPIX: Claire? You okay? I think I still have it in me to cast a lay on hands if you need one…
:ClairePIX: *Sob*

…T-that’s… that’s not good…

Insert Wait, how does mantises cry?_
>>
No. 498785 ID: 37aa84

I don't think she was injured so Lay on Hands shouldn't be necessary, and so help you if your just using it as an excuse to touch her inappropriately.
>>
No. 498786 ID: d6ef5d

>Whom, what?
Look, we're magic, okay? Plot related mentor stuff. You don't have to worry about it right now. Feel free to look up the capitalized words we threw at you later- there should be records in the library or something.

>Claire
I don't think she was physically injured, actually. She's still under the mental influence of Fear, I think.
>>
No. 498788 ID: 76b151

>>498786
literally magic. as in the source of all magic.
>>
No. 498792 ID: 14bafe

Screamer used a magical Fear on her, it's why she couldn't attack it herself. Good thing you resisted it!

Anyway, she should be fine in a couple minutes when the magic runs out. To kill time, how exactly do your smite, lay on hands, and turn work?
>>
No. 498795 ID: b3ca75
File 136277650415.png - (38.41KB , 900x600 , 91.png )
498795

>Look, we're magic, literally magic, as in the source of all magic.
You’re magic? …so you are the souls of the dead that we use as magic which somehow can talk to me? And is usually with Claire… wait, why are you with Claire?
>Although you're not the sword user in the party. We'll have to find you the Axe of Awesome or something instead.
While the axe of awesome sounds awesome, I doubt there’s a legendary weapon like that.

>She's still under the mental influence of Fear, I think. Any idea how long magic fear takes to wear off?
Wait… magical fear? Who casted fear on her? Screamers don’t use magical fear, though they do use magic to seem more fearful… I think you confused magical fear with just plain old normal fear.
>do you have something that can fix that?
Well, no. I’m still not that good with magic. I’m surprise that I actually was able to cast those spells just a moment ago because I usually muck up the words… Besides, she isn’t really that afraid anymore, she’s just… um… crying…
>how exactly do you’re smite, lay on hands, and turn work?
Um… I use part of my own life essence to either heal someone else’s wounds or damage a magical creature physical body / mind.

:ClairePIX: *Sob* mom? *Sob*
:RenaultPIX: Um… there, there?
Um… you’ve been in her head. How do I calm her down? I’m… not really good with this kind of emotional stuff.

Insert Cry me a river, because I want to take a swim, baby_
>>
No. 498800 ID: f2c20c

>>498795
Tell her to use her secret item you don't know anything about.

Also be careful. She hated her parents. She might lash out at you, if she's thinking about them now.
>>
No. 498819 ID: 9ddf68

A little History lesion on Clair here
Both of her parents were torn apart by undead in front of her before she came to the school and I'm sure almost being torn apart by an undead may have resurfaced some very unpleasant memories.
>>498800
I thought the happy stone only worked when Claire was low on power.
>>
No. 498829 ID: b3ca75
File 136278501705.png - (43.11KB , 900x600 , 92.png )
498829

>Both of her parents were torn apart by undead in front of her before she came to the school.
No wonder she broke down…

>Tell her to use her secret item you don't know anything about.
:RenaultPIX: Claire? The voices says that you should use the “happy stone”…
:ClairePIX:

…No response. Hmm, maybe I can…
:RenaultPIX: I’m sorry, but I’ll just check your pockets real quick, okay? …this gem must be it. Let’s see… how do I-?

Renault uses Emotions stone(Joy)!
Renault is extremely happy!
Claire is extremely happy!


:RenaultPIX: HAHAHAHA!
:ClairePIX: HAHAHA!
:RenaultPIX: Oh, man, that was awesome! Hehe!
:ClairePIX: Hah, this is amazing, haha!
:RenaultPIX: …are you okay… heh…
:ClairePIX: …hah… I’m fine…

:RenaultPIX: Hey, Claire? I wa-

*Crack*
Thanra breaks down the door!
:ThanraPIX: See, I told you Renaults lockpick would work.
:WaranPIX: That’s a crowbar…
:ThanraPIX: The universal lockpick! Oh, hi guys! Sorry, we kind of lost you in the la- …are you alright? You two look like you’ve seen a ghost…
:WaranPIX: What is this place? Some kind of mage study?

Insert Beware the man with the crowbar, because he’s always free_
>>
No. 498831 ID: 9ddf68

Oh nothing much just some study we found than got attacked by an undead screamer, Killed said screamer, kinda freaked out there for a bit, calmed down shortly there after, and then you two busted in. So that was our day what happened to you two.
>>
No. 498835 ID: f2c20c

>>498829
Tell them there was an undead thing in here you had to fight. A Screamer. Pretty nasty.

Are we still talking to Renault? Don't tell anyone else about the happy stone, it'll bring up awkward questions. It's just a therapeutic device she got from the Dean, don't worry about it.
>>
No. 498838 ID: 14bafe

[Switch to LizClaire]
>>
No. 498839 ID: b3ca75
File 136278800655.png - (39.51KB , 900x600 , 93.png )
498839

:RenaultPIX: We got ambushed by a screamer. Claire is still quite shaken from the whole thing.
:ThanraPIX: A screamer? Here!?
:WaranPIX: It’s probably just some left over from the mage. This place hasn’t been touched in years after all… Maybe the screamer even was the mage himself?
:ThanraPIX: I’ve got some good news, at least. We found the roots we were looking for, so we’re done with the contract. All we have to do now is hang out in the camp until tomorrow.
:WaranPIX: …an old broken guardian crystal… some dusty books… man, no good loot?
:RenaultPIX: We better head back to camp then. I think Claire needs to take it easy for a while…

:ClairePIX: …Ren, wait a second…
:RenaultPIX: yeah? What i- Off.

Claire uses hug! It’s super cuddly!

:RenaultPIX:
:ClairePIX:
:RenaultPIX: …um… this might be the wrong time but… no wait, never mind… forget I said anything…
:ThanraPIX: Are you guys coming or what?

[You now have control over Claire!]

Insert …_
>>
No. 498843 ID: f2c20c

>>498839
Ah, and we're back.

Did you see any interesting books? Maybe... some... forbidden necromantic tomes?
>>
No. 498845 ID: 9ddf68

glad to see your ok, we were a little worried there for a minute. So lets head back to camp then shall we. Oh and don't forget your weapons and Renault's helmet. And if it's not to painful what happened after he used turn undead on you, we lost contact with you for a bit.

And on that note Renault now knows that we are with you since we had to jump to him so we could try and help, don't worry we didn't tell him you were a lich just that we were with you to help but he may ask you some questions about us in the future. Just giving you a heads up.
>>
No. 498868 ID: b3ca75
File 136279175938.png - (44.60KB , 900x600 , 94.png )
498868

>Renault now knows that we are with you.
Great, because knowing that someone has crazy voices in her head is such a turn on…
>Did you see any interesting books? Maybe... some... forbidden necromantic tomes?
Nearly all of them are written in some other language, so I have no- wait, one of them have the arcane symbol for necromancy on it. I have no idea what it’s says but it’s probably about necromancy, right?
[Claire gained Weird book!]

----------------
A few hours and a dinner later…
----------------

:ThanraPIX: Well, we should probably set up a guard schedule for the night, with the screamer and all.
:WaranPIX: I think the screamer was an onetime thing. There are probably just shamblers in the woods around here and the guardian crystal can take care of them. Besides, the crystal was designed to eliminate this whole guard duty thing.
:ThanrosPIX: I did put up some traps around the camp too… non-lethal ones, but they should at least stop whatever that walks into them…
:RenaultPIX: Well, if we do put a guard schedule then I think Claire should be exempt. She is still a bit shaken after getting jumped by that screamer. Or do you think you can handle it, Claire?

Insert she can handle my rod any day_
>>
No. 498871 ID: 76b151

I think we should be fine, no real chance of a zombie paladin using Turn Undead on us.
>>
No. 498882 ID: 9ddf68

Say you'll guard. After all we have to put our tough girl front back up and who knows maybe we can get some time in with our necromancy book (the old one not the new one we can't read yet) and get some practice in with it.
>>
No. 498897 ID: f2c20c

>>498868
Should be fine.
>>
No. 498944 ID: d6ef5d

Yeah, we'll be fine.

>>498871
Yeah, I think the turn undead was really what got to her, not the screamer.

Note to self: we need to craft some kind of magic item to ward us against turn undead or that casts a passive bolster undead or something.

I mean, liches are totally supposed to use their spare time crafting magic items to remove their weakness, right?
>>
No. 498978 ID: a19d72

>>498868
wait, did we get the death coil?
>>
No. 499029 ID: b3ca75
File 136283112143.png - (38.55KB , 900x600 , 95.png )
499029

>Say you'll guard.
:ClairePIX: Don’t worry, I can still guard.
:RenaultPIX: Well, at least take the first shift. I’ll take the last one, okay?
:ThanraPIX: I’ll take the second.
:ThanrosPIX: Third!
:WaranPIX: …I’ll be fourth then. Well, goodnight.

>wait, did we get the death coil?
Thanra and Waran found some while we were stuck in the study, so yes.
>we need to craft some kind of magic item to ward us against turn undead or that casts a passive bolster undead or something.
I really need to learn enchanting…
>Yeah, I think the turn undead was really what got to her, not the screamer.
Let me tell you, being forced to feel every fear you ever had, will have and few that’s even worse for a few seconds and believe they are all true is not something that’s good for the psyche.

>maybe we can get some time in with our necromancy book.
Oh, maybe my other more talkative book knows how to read that language.
:AntonidasPIX: I’m a book, young lady, I don’t have any ocular organs to perceive anything. On a completely different note, I most show you some gratitude for finally putting one of my old neophytes to rest.
:ClairePIX: Um… you’re welcome?
:AntonidasPIX: Now, I suggest that you learn some enchanting so we can impede the next turn of the undead. Here, let me inculcate it’s teachings to you…

You are now Level 2!
+5 hp! (Current: 40)
+2 magic item slot (Current: 0)
You are a little bit more skilled in most things!

You learned basic enchanting!
Runes: Fire, Ice, Earth, Life, Steel, Strengthen, Protect, Infusion, Opposite.
Maximum rune count per item: 3
>>
No. 499030 ID: b3ca75
File 136283114707.png - (233.45KB , 400x311 , Injustice!.png )
499030

Meanwhile, it the hall of injusti-
>>
No. 499031 ID: b3ca75
File 136283116206.png - (435.86KB , 1000x450 , Error.png )
499031

Alert! Unable to load your current quest thread. Would you like roll back to a previous working quest or create a new quest? (Last quest saved: 2012/07/01.)

Roll back <--
Create a new quest
>>
No. 499033 ID: 76b151

Create a new cityquest
>>
No. 499041 ID: 37aa84

So to make a turn undead ward we would probably want Life, Opposite, and either Protect or Strengthen. Let's do a roll-back just to see how far back we'd have ended up, we can always decide to just exit out and start anew anyway after we see how much we lost.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password