[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 49306)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 12536491609.png - (11.65KB , 777x777 , BBQ065.png )
49306 No. 49306 ID: 1c907d

[ For Quest Discussion please come to #tgchan on irc.rizon.net ]

Bubble Bucket Quest, Chapter 02.
Expand all images
>>
No. 49308 ID: 1c907d
File 125364921051.png - (94.17KB , 777x777 , BBQ066.png )
49308

Once more, you are Asali Zakiya, an unfortunate psychic Bubble Touched. Right now you are inside of the mine.

It is very dark, but with your eyes adjusting and with your (crappy) flashlight guiding your way through this opening tunnel. There's some sort of machine hanging open to your right.

Something important comes to mind, you are actually a mechanic! You could fix that, along with other equipment, if only you had the right tools. It has been your trade for a few years. You recently lost your job, which is actually why you were out drinking.

Although this isn't a paying job, it's nice that your skill may aid in your survival on this damned island.

Where shall you go, and what shall you do, Asali?
>>
No. 49310 ID: 6550ad

Let's check out that machine.
>>
No. 49318 ID: 18212a

Can you identify the machine? I guess we'll need some proper tools to fix it.
How's the hand by the way?
>>
No. 49322 ID: f31556

Wait...

So we were a mechanic for years, then got fired, went out drinking, and immediately woke up here in this strange place with crazy weird shit going on...?

That sound like some grade A conspiracy stuff if I ever heard some. Why were we fired? Did we have any enemies? Did we notice any spooky G-men observing us before being fired?
>>
No. 49330 ID: 632862

>>49308
What job were you working on when you were fired?
>>
No. 49335 ID: aba0a3
File 125365271698.png - (97.60KB , 777x777 , BBQ067.png )
49335

You check out the inside of the device. It seems to be a power switch. You'll need to find a wrench in order to fix all of the loose parts.

Your hand feels fine. You know it doesn't look fine but the bandages put it out of the way for the time being.

You were fired because you drink too much, and poor customer service. The only enemies you could have made would have been customers you insulted.
>>
No. 49338 ID: 6550ad

Well, nothing to do here for now, let's continue exploring to the left.
>>
No. 49351 ID: aba0a3
File 125365644227.png - (96.73KB , 777x777 , BBQ068.png )
49351

You travel further into the mine, under you are facing a wall straight ahead. The tracks curve to the right. You see a pair of glowing blue eyes.

Whatever it is gives off a pained screech, but doesn't move.
>>
No. 49352 ID: 6550ad

Try to communicate with it, say hello. Keeping the hammer ready, just in case.
>>
No. 49354 ID: 18212a

Looks harmless, as it seems tied up.
[precog] Check out the ore processor.
>>
No. 49355 ID: 036360

Take one more step forward.. just enough to get a good look at it with the flashlight.
>>
No. 49359 ID: 950eaa

Let's get a better look at it
>>
No. 49368 ID: 632862

>>49351
It's a small mammal caught in a large creatures jaws, if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing.
>>
No. 49483 ID: aba0a3
File 125367432692.png - (122.94KB , 777x777 , BBQ069.png )
49483

You take a couple steps forward and shine your light on the creature. It seems to be a pure white lizard like creature stuck underneath a rock and in the straps of a rusty old jet pack.

The jet pack is making strange noises, and giving off spark like shocks from parts of the equipment. It seems like this creature was just trapped in this position soon before you got to it.

The creature is writhing and screeching. If you're going to do something, you don't have too much time to do it.
>>
No. 49486 ID: 476456

can you teleport it out?
>>
No. 49487 ID: 4e9b58

Daww. Well let's get the poor thing out, just make sure it doesn't hurt itself.
>>
No. 49488 ID: aba0a3

>>49486

Your ability is limited to yourself.
>>
No. 49493 ID: 43d730

>>49483
See if we can use MECHANICAL KNOW-HOW to stop the jetpack from exploding, then shove it and the rock out of the way.

Keep an eye out for whatever caused this.
>>
No. 49494 ID: 950eaa

Let's see if we can't toss the jetpack off of the creature and possibly prevent it from exploding.
>>
No. 49502 ID: aba0a3
File 125367695252.png - (199.79KB , 777x777 , BBQ070.png )
49502

You go over carefully, and undo the strap on the pack, and help the little beast out of its death trap.

You go to see about possibly stopping the jet pack, but it looks like you might not have the time to do it.

The little fellow climbs up onto your head.
>>
No. 49506 ID: bd6ea1

>>49502
It's worth trying, but while ready to jump back. Then it's lizard-petting time. "And who might you be?"
>>
No. 49511 ID: 632862

>>49502
Maybe you should move away from the front of the jetpack while you try to turn it off. That way if it suddenly rockets forward you won't get smashed by it.
>>
No. 49516 ID: aba0a3
File 125367907345.png - (300.40KB , 777x777 , BBQ071.png )
49516

You take a step back away from the jet pack.
>>
No. 49519 ID: 632862

>>49516
That seems... suboptimal.

I don't suppose you used Warp in the split second before the explosion caused you grievous bodily harm?
>>
No. 49521 ID: bd6ea1

>>49516
Aaah! Status? New friend status?!
>>
No. 49537 ID: aba0a3
File 125368093465.png - (268.61KB , 777x777 , BBQ072.png )
49537

You open your eyes, it's a little foggy at first. You aren't injured anything serious, but the concussive force of the explosion seems to have moved you to a new area. Your new friend seems to be waiting for you.

Your flashlight is in your right hand still, thank the gods for wrist straps.
>>
No. 49547 ID: 950eaa

Ascertain location
>>
No. 49548 ID: a9af56

>>49537
Us hug lizard.
>>
No. 49570 ID: aba0a3
File 125368253971.png - (77.82KB , 777x777 , BBQ073.png )
49570

You look around you, your head resting against a broken mine cart. Where's your friend? Strangely, you have 3 more Points.
>>
No. 49576 ID: 632862

>>49570
Try to get back to where the jetpack is so you can get your bearings. The explosion couldn't have thrown you in anything but a straight line.
>>
No. 49596 ID: 2dcbc0

>>49570
Do what any adventurer would do and search the area for anything exploitable or generally useful. Or jump into a giant hole and die. That's what I'd do.
>>
No. 49602 ID: aba0a3
File 125368369844.png - (165.82KB , 612x777 , BBQ074.png )
49602

>>49596

Yeah, we'll put that on the top of the list of things to do.
>>
No. 49606 ID: 2dcbc0

>>49602
Okay. Just do the first thing I suggested then.
>>
No. 49612 ID: 4e9b58

Better see what's in your immediate area before trying to find your way back.
>>
No. 49613 ID: aba0a3
File 12536847877.png - (128.41KB , 777x777 , BBQ075.png )
49613

You get back up to your feet and trudge the tracks back into the last area. There's a big hole in the ground where the boulder and jet pack were.

Your new lizard friend is still gone.
>>
No. 49616 ID: 632862

>>49602
Quit gettin' mad at Quest Games?
>>
No. 49618 ID: 632862

>>49613
Check inside of shirt for lizard friend.
>>
No. 49619 ID: 4e9b58

Hey, I thought he was waiting for us.

Feel the top of your head. Both for lizards and possible head trauma.
>>
No. 49620 ID: 2dcbc0

>>49613
A BIG HOLE IN THE GROUND? YOU DON'T SAY. Do it. DOITDOITDOIT
>>
No. 49626 ID: 632862

Otherwise you may as well go back East now and check out the mining cart. That ore refinery machine doesn't seem useful at the moment.
>>
No. 49636 ID: fd6933

Turn off the flashlight and lure a Grue to you, then teleport onto its back. Soon it shall be your mighty steed, carrying you to all the dark corners of this island!
>>
No. 49652 ID: aba0a3
File 125368722180.png - (107.47KB , 777x777 , BBQ076.png )
49652

You step back towards the mining cart and fish around inside of it...
>>
No. 49656 ID: aba0a3
File 125368774936.png - (109.94KB , 777x777 , BBQ077.png )
49656

Inside you find a wrench.

You'll need to move your inventory around.

What shall you move around, and what shall you do next?
>>
No. 49657 ID: 476456

Jump in the minecart!
>>
No. 49658 ID: 476456

and throw the wrench in the pocket dimension till we need it
>>
No. 49659 ID: 4e9b58

I think the mine cart is broken.
>>
No. 49664 ID: 4e9b58

But to move it along I say store something else in pocketland, likesay the bucket. And then make our way back to that light switch to try and fix it.
>>
No. 49665 ID: ccb486

a wrench is ALWAYS useful, let's toss that stick into the pocket.
>>
No. 49666 ID: 276781

Find our way back to that BROKEN MACHINE we found and apply a healthy dose of WRENCH to FIX it.

Then we can inspect the minecart in greater detail. And possibly ride it.
>>
No. 49667 ID: 4e9b58

I have a feeling we'll be fixing several things in this place. A stick might be a piece of something but a bucket isn't going to help us much with repairs.
>>
No. 49671 ID: aba0a3
File 125369039666.png - (153.77KB , 777x777 , BBQ078.png )
49671

You put the bucket away, and take out the wrench and follow the tracks back towards the broken machine near the entrance. You loosen and tighten and work for a few minutes. You find 2 Points jammed underneath some of the parts, and manage to get it to power on.

Noises come from all over the mine, now that the power was on.
>>
No. 49673 ID: ccb486

>>49671
Head towards the loudest noise, loud things are always exciting.
>>
No. 49694 ID: 950eaa

>>49671
I'd say check around for a light switch
>>
No. 49736 ID: 4e9b58

Light switch first. Then we find loud noises. We wanna see what these noises are.
>>
No. 49980 ID: aba0a3
File 125375503672.png - (14.67KB , 777x777 , BBQ079.png )
49980

>>49736
>>49694

There are no lights to turn on. If there was a lighting system inside of the mines, they were either destroyed or removed. So you go to check it out with your flashlight.
>>
No. 49992 ID: bd6ea1

>>49980
Oh what could it be, walking along carefully.
>>
No. 49993 ID: 15f6d6

Let's check out the loud noise then.
>>
No. 50022 ID: aba0a3
File 125375987342.png - (132.76KB , 777x777 , BBQ080.png )
50022

You step down the tracks into the next area, close to the hole, you shine your light on the Ore Refining machine, seems it made the noise when it kicked on. The power being turned on gave it some life.
>>
No. 50026 ID: 632862

>>50022
Too bad you don't have any ore. Hmm, check the slots anyway. Maybe there's something left in there.
>>
No. 50029 ID: aba0a3
File 125376068264.png - (128.16KB , 777x777 , BBQ081.png )
50029

You walk around the hole, and go to the machine, and check the slots. They are empty.
>>
No. 50031 ID: 4e9b58

I don't think there's anything in the inventory that can be used here. Might as well check out the other noises, if any.
>>
No. 50035 ID: aba0a3

>>50031

There are no other noises.
>>
No. 50036 ID: 4e9b58

You said noises came from all over. That usually indicates more than one.

I guess there's nothing else to do but follow the tracks.
>>
No. 50041 ID: 632862

Yeah, go East again. Is it just me or is it slightly brighter in there with the power on? Must be a few things making light, if not really designed for that.
>>
No. 50044 ID: aba0a3
File 125376344867.png - (138.77KB , 777x777 , BBQ082.png )
50044

It has gotten slightly brighter. The green lights on the machines give a dim glow, increasing visibility. Just not a whole lot. You come back to where the cart is.
>>
No. 50047 ID: 4e9b58

Do the tracks go any further than that? We may have to check in the hole.
>>
No. 50049 ID: 632862

>>50044
Shine your flashlight above that thing you're looking at right now. There's some kind of painting up there?
>>
No. 50057 ID: aba0a3
File 125376431956.png - (130.42KB , 777x777 , BBQ083.png )
50057

Up above the gate up against the wall is a painting. You shine your flashlight to get a better look. It is night and day on each side of a Mountain. On the very top of the mountain is a deity from the continent Mingxia.

The God, Rong, is a red firey beast covered in little but muscles and chains. He is a warrior of the Sun, but hides from the moon.

Large mountains or volcano are often where his worshipers live, or worship. This could be the sign of a nearby temple. Something to keep in mind.

Below the painting is a gateway, which seems to be pretty wrecked. The pipes are all over, and whatever is supposed to be inset behind one of the pipes is missing.
>>
No. 50062 ID: 950eaa

inspect it further
>>
No. 50067 ID: aba0a3
File 125376523463.png - (61.36KB , 777x777 , BBQ084.png )
50067

You inspect the pipes and the gate, and realize that if you want to work the gate at any point ever, you will need to reassemble the pipes.

You can do it with your wrench, but it will take some time, and effort...

To be continued...

[ This puzzle is a time consuming one, and meant to take up time. The first person to solve the pipe puzzle will be awarded something. For more details, or to inform me that you have solved it, please join me in our IRC channel noted at the top. Have a good week. ]
>>
No. 50071 ID: 632862

>>50067
Do you want movement order, or just the final picture?
>>
No. 50072 ID: 632862

Wait, scratch that. There's no empty tile, this isn't a moving tile puzzle.
>>
No. 50087 ID: 4e9b58

The pieces can be rotated.

Also, the prize has already been awarded. But feel free to solve it anyway if you want.
>>
No. 50090 ID: aba0a3
File 125376827238.png - (60.74KB , 777x777 , BBQ085.png )
50090

[ Pipe order solved! That was very fast. You guys are wonderful, see you Tuesday now, for real. ]
>>
No. 53550 ID: aba0a3
File 12542583363.png - (133.77KB , 777x777 , BBQ086.png )
53550

You feel the blessings of your god guiding your hand. Switching back and forth between the flashlight and the wrench to adjust the pipes.

You spend a rather short time despite not having instructions. The pipes are arranged, and fit perfect where they (as best as can be determined) once were.

However, despite the pipes being done, the gate does not open. It's a good guess that whatever the diamond shaped inset on the top left of the door is what's missing.
>>
No. 53572 ID: 9cc8fd

What's along the back of this part, any rocks with visible ore?
>>
No. 53573 ID: 632862

>>53550
What a cock-block. Check the side-passage then.
>>
No. 53646 ID: aba0a3
File 125426273976.png - (143.09KB , 777x777 , BBQ087.png )
53646

>>53572

You turn away from the gate and examine the walls for ore.

This looks different.
>>
No. 53650 ID: 6550ad

Take a closer look.
>>
No. 53670 ID: aba0a3
File 125426397096.png - (148.98KB , 777x777 , BBQ088.png )
53670

Sure is a closer look.

Sure is shiny.
>>
No. 53673 ID: 6550ad

Get da gold!

Hammer that shit up.
>>
No. 53675 ID: 9cc8fd

What's over to the left?
>>
No. 53725 ID: aba0a3
File 125426737890.png - (181.54KB , 777x777 , BBQ089.png )
53725

You smash that vein with your hammer!

You pick up...
>>
No. 53731 ID: aba0a3
File 125426753157.png - (70.20KB , 777x777 , BBQ090.png )
53731

Some ore!

Everyone loves ore.
>>
No. 53733 ID: 632862

>>53731
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Take that shit to the ore refinery!
>>
No. 53736 ID: 9cc8fd

>>53731
And machines love ore most of all. Hammerspace the stick and bring the ore to the refinery.
>>
No. 53755 ID: 4e9b58

Ah, but it's in the pocket dimension. We'll need to switch something with it to bring it into our inventory. What'll it be, gents?

I vote either wrench or stick because they're the only items I can identify.
>>
No. 53758 ID: aba0a3
File 125426933524.png - (290.92KB , 777x777 , BBQ091.png )
53758

You take that ore back to the refinery, and drop it in. You hear a very loud noise, followed by more as it is processed for people who are no longer present. The machine rewards you with 4 points for your hard work.

Shortly after the green light flickers and something inside of the machine sounds like an explosion. The metal outside of the refinery gives a loud "clunk," and then a bunch of skittering noises before it stops completely.

The mines grow a little darker.
>>
No. 53778 ID: 6550ad

Follow the tracks, is there any place we haven't explored?
>>
No. 53784 ID: 4e9b58

Since it's broken anyway, I wonder if we can't open it up and find the source of that explosion inside? Would the wrench help here?
>>
No. 53787 ID: 6550ad

>>53784

Who wants a wrench when you have a hammer?
>>
No. 53790 ID: aba0a3
File 125427202275.png - (117.77KB , 777x777 , BBQ092.png )
53790

You step back into the end of the mine and go peek out the available door...
>>
No. 53791 ID: 632862

>>53790
You are using your flashlight, right?
>>
No. 53792 ID: aba0a3
File 125427209170.png - (43.25KB , 777x777 , BBQ093.png )
53792

New area added to map!...
>>
No. 53794 ID: aba0a3
File 125427223330.png - (224.15KB , 777x777 , BBQ094.png )
53794

...You peek into the new area from the doorway, and--

OH GOD, WATER.

Granted it's shallow at the 'shore,' but it gets deep pretty fast. You can't see very far without getting into the water.

You're to afraid of the water, so getting too close, or getting in the water will be difficult to accomplish.
>>
No. 53795 ID: 632862

>>53794
Water phobic? That's a new obstacle to overcome.

Dip a toe in it!
>>
No. 53796 ID: 9cc8fd

>>53794
Okay, water, not moving much, gonna be fine. Warp is charged up, ready to use it at the slightest notice. Now, to take a closer look at what that is along the water's... edge, staying nicely back.
>>
No. 53831 ID: aba0a3
File 125427570851.png - (219.19KB , 777x777 , BBQ095.png )
53831

You step closer to the water, but you're not touching it.
>>
No. 53832 ID: 4e9b58

Inspect grey thingie things.
>>
No. 53834 ID: 6550ad

Can you identify what are those objects? What's the bigger one? A safe?

And the small thing near the border?
>>
No. 53857 ID: aba0a3
File 125427754846.png - (220.82KB , 777x777 , BBQ096.png )
53857

You kneel closer to the chain partially out of the water. It is coming from deeper in, you don't know how far. The machine looks like an engine, but there are parts missing. The power is on, but the machine isn't operational.
>>
No. 53868 ID: 6550ad

See if you can identify the missing parts of the engine with your mechanic skills. Also trying to fix it won't hurt, use the wrench for said purpose.
>>
No. 53871 ID: 950eaa

What kinda parts are missing?
>>
No. 53876 ID: aba0a3

From what you can see, some internal parts, the crank, and something up top you can't figure out that the engine works.
>>
No. 53916 ID: 950eaa

Let's go looking for gubbins then. Nothing else around here is there? Did we maybe miss something in the mine?
>>
No. 53919 ID: 9cc8fd

Reach out and give the chain a careful but stiff pull.
>>
No. 53925 ID: 6550ad

Well, time to go back and see what could've we forgotten.

Go to the room before the one you are and try to remove the painting from above the panel with the pipes.
>>
No. 53981 ID: aba0a3
File 125428123349.png - (485.53KB , 1000x1000 , BBQ097.png )
53981

>>53919

You bend down near the scary water and tug at the chain. It won't budge a single millimeter. You can see something in the shallow water, but it's covered in mud, hard to make out.

The water is glowing as well. Which is what is lighting up this area.
>>
No. 53986 ID: 632862

>>53981
That's... odd.

Take your stick out of the pocket dimension. Poke the thing in the water with it.
>>
No. 53989 ID: 4e9b58

Pretty. I guess wading in to investigate muddy object is out of the question.

Would clairvoyance be a waste at this point?
>>
No. 53993 ID: 950eaa

>>53986
Let's try to dig it out with the stick, yeah. She's not gonna stick her hand in there, I'm thinking. Sucks to live on an island and be afraid of water
>>
No. 54091 ID: aba0a3
File 125428518830.png - (218.50KB , 777x777 , BBQ098.png )
54091

You use your stick to nudge the object out from in the water. You squeak when the water splashes.

At least you got the thing out from under the water!
>>
No. 54093 ID: 4e9b58

Yay for cranks. :D

Attach eeet.
>>
No. 54179 ID: 632862

>>54091
Hmm, inventory management looks a little tricky. Put the stick away to take the crank.

Hey, does the drill you have fit on the machine?
>>
No. 54180 ID: aba0a3
File 125429018930.png - (228.06KB , 777x777 , BBQ099.png )
54180

Crank installed into the machinery.
>>
No. 54189 ID: 632862

>>54180
Hmm. I bet that thing attaches to the chain which, when pulled with enough force, raises a bridge or something.
>>
No. 54190 ID: 43d730

>>54180
CRANK DAT CRANK
>>
No. 54217 ID: aba0a3
File 125429250239.png - (509.91KB , 1000x1000 , BBQ100.png )
54217

It would seem installing the Crank didn't replace the internal parts. Nothing happens.
>>
No. 54226 ID: 632862

>>54217
Erm. Well I can think of two things. One, salvage parts from the other two mechanical objects you've found so far... and
Two, backtrack. There's a trap door on the porch of the house you woke up in that you haven't entered yet.
>>
No. 54246 ID: aba0a3

>>54226
>Erm. Well I can think of two things. One, salvage parts from the other two mechanical objects you've found so far... and

Well, if you salvaged the power supply, this machine would no longer receive power and wouldn't work, and if you try and open up the refinery, your guess is that it would be dangerous. There's also no guarantee that the parts in it would match. I think you could find some gears and pieces around here if you tried.

>Two, backtrack. There's a trap door on the porch of the house you woke up in that you haven't entered yet.

That's a possibility, but do you really want to go all the way back to that house right now?
>>
No. 54248 ID: aba0a3
File 125429526449.png - (622.48KB , 1000x1000 , BBQ101.png )
54248

All of this said, talking to yourself, making a deep in thought schizophrenic mechanic face, of course.
>>
No. 54251 ID: 9cc8fd

Fixing stuff sure is fun and engaging, enough to forget you can just warp past gates. I think I'll go look at doing that now.
>>
No. 54253 ID: 6550ad

Let's see if we forgot something, as I said. Go back and try to warp through the gate with the pipe-puzzle.

If not possible, try to remove the painting above said pipe-puzzle panel.
>>
No. 54256 ID: aba0a3
File 12543001655.png - (119.99KB , 777x777 , BBQ102.png )
54256

You decide to give up on the machine with the crank, and you go towards the closed gate and use your Umbrella Warp...
>>
No. 54257 ID: aba0a3
File 125430027282.png - (440.62KB , 1000x1000 , BBQ103.png )
54257

...?!
>>
No. 54258 ID: aba0a3
File 125430038156.png - (116.87KB , 777x777 , BBQ104.png )
54258

"Oof."

So there you are back on the mine tracks.


The painting is directly on the wall, there's no way to move it and check behind it...

You think that, staring at it, waiting for your head to clear.
>>
No. 54260 ID: 476456

Some kind of zombie lion?
>>
No. 54261 ID: aba0a3
File 125430281679.png - (340.06KB , 1000x1000 , BBQ105.png )
54261

You aren't alone.

[ See you next week! ]
>>
No. 54264 ID: 9cc8fd

This. Island. Sucks.
>>
No. 54283 ID: 632862

>>54261
Oh hey, it's another lizard friend!
>>
No. 56784 ID: aba0a3
File 125464427085.png - (111.90KB , 777x777 , BBQ106.png )
56784

You back up a little bit and give a slight cry of surprise.

There's a large large monster in front of you. How are you going to handle this one?
>>
No. 56787 ID: ccb486

>>56784
TELE- oh wait, shit...

uh, uh... PLAY FETCH USING THE STICK!
>>
No. 56788 ID: 6550ad

Flash it with your flashlight.

If it's an underground monster, it's probably very sensitive to light.
>>
No. 56790 ID: 632862

>>56784
You could easily retreat into the side passage. It looks a bit too big to get in there.
>>
No. 56796 ID: aba0a3
File 125464765417.png - (117.51KB , 777x777 , BBQ107.png )
56796

You shine your flashlight at the monster. It reels back and roars, however, it does not stop. The slight shock of the light gives you enough time to dash into the area with the water.
>>
No. 56801 ID: 476456

well you cant teleport objects you arent holding so...grab the biggest rock you can find and teleport above the monster :o
>>
No. 56802 ID: 6550ad

The monster shouldn't fit through the passage. But if it tries to peek through the door, hit it with the hammer.

Try to fix the engine to drain the water in the room. I think I saw some gears behind it, see if you can fix the engine with those.
>>
No. 56803 ID: 632862

>>56796
Well, since you're going to be stuck in the room by the water again, try using precog. On the water or the machine... Water, I guess.
>>
No. 56804 ID: 5eea01

Well, this is it. You'll be trapped between almost certain death/rape and WATER. It is time to conquer your fear.

Oh, and bonk the monster over the head once it tries to follow you.
>>
No. 56806 ID: aba0a3
File 125465031857.png - (233.76KB , 777x777 , BBQ108.png )
56806

Once you are inside of the watery cavern you prepare your hammer just in case the monster tries to enter. This proves to be a good idea because the lizard begins to slide through the door with some effort.

You slam your hammer down on its head, splattering black in a violent wave as its body mostly collapses to the ground, halfway in the door.
>>
No. 56807 ID: 6550ad

Yay! Level up for slaying the monster!


Oh, well... I doubt it has anything to loot, but check it anyway.

And try to get those gears behind the engine.
>>
No. 56808 ID: aba0a3
File 125465149745.png - (132.29KB , 777x777 , BBQ109.png )
56808

You check behind the machine, where you saw the gears earlier.
>>
No. 56809 ID: 6550ad

Try to fix the engine with said gears and with the help of your trusty wrench.

And turn dat crank.
>>
No. 56810 ID: 4553b2

>>56808
Crank dat shit up to eleven.

By using the gears.
>>
No. 56813 ID: aba0a3
File 125465358855.png - (228.64KB , 777x777 , BBQ110.png )
56813

You install those gears onto the machine and try to crank it. It cranks now, but the system is meant to turn and pull in. If it's meant to pull in the chain, it can't reach. You'll need to connect the machine to the chain.
>>
No. 56814 ID: 6550ad

Crap...

I don't remember a rope or a chain anywhere. Well, I remember a chain. At the trapdoor near the hut where we started ._.

Hmm... Are you wearing a belt? Maybe you can use that.
>>
No. 56815 ID: ccb486

>>56813
... let's precog it up to see what we can see.
>>
No. 56817 ID: aba0a3
File 125465564587.png - (99.68KB , 777x777 , BBQ111.png )
56817

Yeah, you tugged that chain with all your might. Your cheap belt wouldn't hold to that.

You use your pre-cognition to try and see something helpful.
>>
No. 56818 ID: 6550ad

>>56817

Uhhh...

Maybe dig in the mud where that object is in the vision?
>>
No. 56824 ID: d99784

>>56817
Dig around the vegetation some, look inside the water for more objects, stare far off-shore and try to spot anything.
If nothing, backtrack to the mine and get the jump-suit off the skeleton. Those things are sturdy enough to be used as a chain extension.
>>
No. 56826 ID: aba0a3
File 125465888377.png - (227.02KB , 777x777 , BBQ112.png )
56826

You check the vines, and buried inside of all the gross is a rope.
>>
No. 56827 ID: 02cb7a

Check the =w< - face on the painting more closely, that's the only purple thing I can think off.
>>
No. 56828 ID: 02cb7a

Connect the rope to the chain and try to connect that on the machine and work it, baby.
>>
No. 56829 ID: 6550ad

Tue the the rope to the chain and the engine and move that crank
>>
No. 56830 ID: d99784

>>56826
Attach rope chain, attach rope to machine, crank 'dat crank.

If the large lizard thing left a body, ravage it's insides for an extra juicy looking bone.
>>
No. 56832 ID: aba0a3
File 125466050539.png - (195.14KB , 777x777 , BBQ113.png )
56832

You tie the rope to the chain and the rope into the feeder slot of the machine and start to crank it. It is difficult to do at first, but with enough effort it finally cuts some slack, and starts reeling in the chain.

You notice that the water is lowering, draining out from the pool of water. You'll be able to go further now if you wanted.

>>56830
What giant lizard thing?
>>
No. 56834 ID: 6550ad

Take a look at the now empty pool. Go down, if you can.
>>
No. 56862 ID: 15f6d6

Descend into Darkness!
>>
No. 57252 ID: aba0a3
File 125469737216.png - (216.79KB , 777x777 , BBQ114.png )
57252

You step into the mostly drained area where the pool once was. Most of the floor is made of stone. there are some muddy areas, and some places where water still settles.

You can see a piece of a broken chain sitting in the water. Probably from the drain system you just had to jimmy rig.

There's also some weird ledge on the west wall, and a path further into along the cavern.
>>
No. 57285 ID: 6550ad

See if you can take the piece of chain with you. And take a look at the ledge on the west wall.

But walk over the rocks, don't get stuck in the mud.
>>
No. 57327 ID: aba0a3
File 125469973532.png - (86.79KB , 777x777 , BBQ115.png )
57327

Chain acquired, inventory rearrangement if wanted, otherwise all items gained will go to Pocket Dimension by default from now on.

You walk along to the little ledge, and read it. It also has five round markers as if something is supposed to be placed there.
>>
No. 57337 ID: 6550ad

Looks like a chess puzzle and we can't do anything about it right now. So let's walk down that path going further into the cavern.
>>
No. 57343 ID: 632862

>>57327
Uh. It wants chess pieces? Bishop, King, Empty, Knight/Pawn/Rook, Empty. That is if "range" means an empty spot.
>>
No. 57349 ID: 15f6d6

See if we can't get some of that blue ore to refine.
>>
No. 57380 ID: aba0a3
File 125470138831.png - (214.78KB , 777x777 , BBQ116.png )
57380

You decide to come back to this when you can do something about it, and go north to see what is further inside of this place.

You are too afraid of blue ore to try and mine it...
>>
No. 57381 ID: 632862

>>57380
But that's how you mine for fish!
>>
No. 57385 ID: 15f6d6

North seems like a good idea. Lets see what is there.
>>
No. 57469 ID: aba0a3
File 125470413691.png - (361.14KB , 777x777 , BBQ117.png )
57469

You enter the Deeper Pools. The blue ore did not drain from here very much as it wasn't effected much by the drain in the previous area. It does however give a walkway.

You don't want to go near the blue ore, and you can see light in the dark area past the blue ore.

There is a floating orange flowing ore wing in the blue.
>>
No. 57487 ID: 6550ad

Get a grip on yourself an get to the border of the blue ore deposit, at the closest point possible from the orange flowing ore.

Tie your chain to your bucket. Hold the chain firmly and throw the bucket in the orange ore direction, and try to pull it out.
>>
No. 57542 ID: aba0a3
File 125470612774.png - (298.52KB , 777x777 , BBQ118.png )
57542

Using the chain and bucket you retrieve the inflatable arm piece from the blue ore.

There is a string around it, and it is supporting something under the ore. You pull it up to see what it is.

You've found a strange crystal lens.
>>
No. 57565 ID: 4e9b58

Look through lens and see how pretty everything is.
>>
No. 57612 ID: 632862

>>57542
It's purple, isn't it. Look through it look through it!
>>
No. 57644 ID: aba0a3
File 125470965274.png - (359.90KB , 777x777 , BBQ119.png )
57644

You put your chain back, and look through the lens. It's a pretty clear view.
>>
No. 57689 ID: 895b3e

>>57644
Jump over the water and head...er... up... north? THAT-A-WAY
>>
No. 57691 ID: 7de41e

>>57644
Do you think you can brave the leap over the water? If so, go for it.
>>
No. 57699 ID: 4e9b58

Close your eyes first if you have to. Pretend you're leaping through a field of daisies. With booze.
>>
No. 57715 ID: aba0a3
File 125471289795.png - (385.61KB , 777x777 , BBQ120.png )
57715

You leap across the small gap of blue ore like a Large Large...
>>
No. 57737 ID: 4e9b58

Now head toward the light. :D
>>
No. 57787 ID: aba0a3
File 125471634531.png - (15.86KB , 777x777 , BBQ121.png )
57787

You stumble along the ground and enter into the next area. It looks like a chasm stands between you and your way out of the mountain.
>>
No. 57791 ID: 4e9b58

Oh my. D: Get your flashlight out.
>>
No. 57797 ID: 895b3e

>>57787
check out the thing in the blood, then the generator or whatever on the right.
>>
No. 57809 ID: aba0a3
File 125471785282.png - (16.57KB , 777x777 , BBQ122.png )
57809

The item you picked up is a blood soaked Electrician's Manual. Which you don't need because you are pretty good at it already. However, there's a chart in the back pages which state, "300 Volts, 75 Amps."

The generator connected to the bridge device seems to be missing its screen.
>>
No. 57810 ID: 632862

>>57809
Hmmm. Place 'lens' where the screen used to be.
>>
No. 57811 ID: e06ea4

That is a terrifying amount of power. Does it seem to be in working order except for the missing screen?
>>
No. 57812 ID: 632862

>>57810
Oh right, and I guess you could put the drill into the pocket to make room while doing this.
>>
No. 57822 ID: aba0a3
File 125471847751.png - (13.04KB , 777x777 , BBQ123.png )
57822

You take the crystal lens and set it into the machine, it boots up and asks for the correct power to run, "BRIDGE."

From the looks of it, there might be something missing. There are a couple of things jutting from the left side which something could be ran around, like a belt.
>>
No. 57825 ID: 632862

>>57822
Better not turn it on until it's completely functional, then. There's no telling what might happen.

Did you check to see if there's anything hanging off the cliff? What about behind the machine?
>>
No. 57828 ID: aba0a3
File 125471919391.png - (9.32KB , 777x777 , BBQ124.png )
57828

You leave the machine alone for now. You step to the edge of the cavern and look down.

There's nothing behind the bridge device, it's installed and even hangs off the edge of the cliff a bit in places to even it out.
>>
No. 57830 ID: 895b3e

>>57828
Wave to Mr Shadow! he looks happy to see you.
>>
No. 57832 ID: 632862

>>57828
Okay uh step away from the cliff now. What was that red thing?
>>
No. 57835 ID: 4e9b58
File 125471957795.png - (29.69KB , 242x260 , asali.png )
57835

He wouldn't eat you, you're too cute.
>>
No. 57851 ID: aba0a3
File 125472072087.png - (14.17KB , 777x777 , BBQ125.png )
57851

You back away from the crevice. Now you know something's down there. You should get across, or go. That thing was gigantic.
>>
No. 57856 ID: 632862

>>57851
Head back, dig around in the water with the stick. I think I figured out what precog was telling us; the triangle thing that opens the portal is in the water.
>>
No. 57868 ID: aba0a3
File 125472300058.png - (350.63KB , 777x777 , BBQ126.png )
57868

>>57856
>Head back, dig around in the water with the stick. I think I figured out what precog was telling us; the triangle thing that opens the portal is in the water.

You sit there and consider digging around in the water, of which there are an incredible amount of spots to try and check. Perhaps you should give specific places to look at.

Although it's always good to have a general idea, vague suggestions are very difficult to perform. If there's a specific place you want to investigate, you can do that.

It's not a problem to do a couple of tasks at a time, but you really need to steer clear from something like, "Investigate every area of the room," or, in this case, "Check all of the blue ore."

Lastly, do you remember any water in the premonition?
>>
No. 57878 ID: 632862

>>57868
Well the bottom of it was wavy like it was sticking out of water. Blargh.

I feel like there's no solution for either the bridge and the portal. The only thing I can think of is to warp across the chasm now that it's available again. I guess there's precog too, but I've no idea what to use it on, or even where.
>>
No. 57884 ID: 632862

FFFF that's a hole in the precog vision. Go back to where the JETpack exploded and look in the hole.
>>
No. 57894 ID: 4e9b58

Sounds good, let's look in the hole. Like I suggested forever ago. :D
>>
No. 57898 ID: aba0a3
File 125472509149.png - (300.77KB , 777x777 , BBQ127.png )
57898

You boogie on through the shallow pools, and make it into the mine. You follow your flashlight back to the hole and shine it in there. Sure enough, the reflection of an enchanted gemstone comes back, and you dig it up.
>>
No. 57902 ID: 632862

>>57898
HOORAY! Go put it in the portal!
>>
No. 57924 ID: aba0a3
File 125472772772.png - (134.54KB , 777x777 , BBQ128.png )
57924

You go up and set the gem in the gate. The gem spawns water into the pipes. The hydraulics of the gate begin to come to life, slowly sliding out of the way.

With the gate out of the way, you step into the now open door...
>>
No. 57926 ID: aba0a3
File 125472796626.png - (308.33KB , 777x777 , BBQ129.png )
57926

You enter a new area, shocked at its incredible beauty. It seems virtually untouched for who knows how long.

For the moment, you forget about everything behind you.

Everything on this island overwhelming you with fear.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password