[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 125243965266.jpg - (177.06KB , 1600x1200 , Ant Quest Part 2.jpg )
39964 No. 39964 ID: 6164e0

(Started a new thread, old one had gotten big and slow)

I am hungry and weary, and my Honor Guard are equally fatigued and in need of food.

Hrm. I have some Bohemian Rhapsody and T.B. Sheets' carcass in the bank, and access to unlimited free (but not particularly good) food in the guest chambers.


What should I do?
Expand all images
>>
No. 39970 ID: 06fc25

Eat T.B. Sheets. Save the Bohemian Rhapsody for when you challenge THE METAL.
>>
No. 39971 ID: 6164e0

>>39970

I suppose I could, but T.B. Sheets and the 3 units of Bohemian Rhapsody are the only things in the bank. If I eat them, I have nothing to trade at the bazaar.

Hmm..... I wonder....

That warrior, the ex-heavyweight champion, The Big O....

That Valiance he did with his legs. It looked somewhat similar to Aerosmith, just much sharper, more abrupt.

DECENT INTELLIGENCE BONUS

That leg that Metallica took off of him. Could someone eat that to get that Valiance? I still don't understand exactly how that works, but it sounds possible.

Maybe I could ask Metallica if he would trade the leg to me.....

I don't have all that much to offer in trade though.
>>
No. 39974 ID: 6faa8c

>>39971
Offer him a favor he can cash at a later date.
>>
No. 39978 ID: 6164e0

>>39974
The Metal is still somewhere in The Fight Song, but if I stay alert, I should be able to avoid running into him.

'Flash.'

'Yes, Scars of Yesterday?'

'Can you locate Metallica? I wish to speak with him.'

'One moment.'

Flash walks about in aimless circles, his particularly long antenna twitching to and fro.

'It is difficult to be sure with his fluids splashed in the room we were in-'

'You were there too?'

'Of course, I was keeping an eye on The Metal, as ordered.'

'I see. Continue.'

'Certainly. Anyway, I can't be sure, but I think I smell him moving towards the banking area above.'

'I see.'


What should I do?
>>
No. 39979 ID: 6faa8c

>>39978
Head to the banking area, it's been a while. We can trade him Sheet's corpse for that leg, and ask him if it would work.
>>
No. 39982 ID: 5e25cc

Hey, could also ask Metallica about helping to investigate the inside of that spire out in the Crucible when he's feeling better, too. He'd be more than enough backup!
>>
No. 39988 ID: 6164e0

>>39979

I lead my group to the Banking area. We are tired and hungry, but this is something worth investigating while we have the chance.

We arrive in the bank, and I wave away one of the small creatures as it approaches me. I am here to meet Metallica, not to interact with my rather small supply of food.

It isn't long until a rather great commotion is made in one of the larger tunnels leading into the bank area. I can detect pheremone messages being sent, and recognize one.

'-as saying, if honored guest is so injured, this one would suggest resting.'

'Pfaw! Just get me my prize, I want some Bohemian Rhapsody to eat!'

'But honore-'

'JUST GET THE FOOD SQUIRTS.'

Metallica emerges into the chamber, his missing leg, his cracked mandible and his broken shell worn as badges of glory. He is preceded by several of the small creatures that reside in The Fight Song frantically hopping over to one of the hexagons in the wall, leaping back carrying several chunks of Bohemian Rhapsody.

....!? I knew that smell from The Crucible of Valiance was familiar, it was the scent of Bohemian Rhapsody!

Metallica starts tearing into the food brought to him, and seems to relax contentedly after devouring the pieces brought to him.


What should I do?
>>
No. 39989 ID: 6faa8c

>>39988
"Hey, Metallica! that was one hell of a match!"
>>
No. 39995 ID: 5e25cc

As I suspected. Well, that settles it then, a return trip is definitely in order, especially if we can get the big guy to come along. Hell, we could offer to split the take with him, it'd only be fair.
>>
No. 40006 ID: 6164e0

>>39989
He seems to respect those who are straightforward. Very well.

'Hey Metallica, that was a most glorious battle you won! I was honored I could witness such powerful warriors at work.'

Metallica perks up, looking at me with one massive eye. He rumbles with his familiar laughter.

'ZEHAHAHA, it's the little warrior! Good job winnin' yer first two fights, I made a tidy profit bettin' on yer first two bouts. Good victories, and well fought! Hah, too bad The Metal has his sights set on ya.'

He seems to become agitated.

'BAH! Those who could crush him get told to play nice, not to teach The Metal a bit of respect for his fellow fighters. So what if he's a representative of the Empire, what he's doin' is slowly killin' The Fight Song. If new fighters that have fought against the Empire are excluded The Fight Song get more borin', and nothin' interestin' happens. BAH, I want to crush that self righteous hornet!'

It seems Metallica has a particular dislike of The Metal.


What should I do?
>>
No. 40008 ID: 954933

>>40006
Wait, who's telling you to play nice with The Metal?
>>
No. 40010 ID: 6164e0

>>40008

'Wait, who's telling you to play nice with The Metal?'

'Eh? Ah, The Founders of The Collective said that if we treated him the same way we normally treat fighters that do shit like that, that we would get barred from fighting. Sucks, but this is their place.'

'What do you normally do to fighters that act as The Metal does?'

'We eat them.'


What should I do?
>>
No. 40012 ID: 5e25cc

>>40006
"I would imagine you'd get nearly as much satisfaction out of watching someone he considers inferior putting him in his place, right? And if so, I could use your help out in the Crucible later, when you're feeling up to it. I've noticed something out there that might help to even the odds a bit between The Metal and myself, if I could only get to it."
>>
No. 40013 ID: 6faa8c

>>40010
"Why have we not banded together to strike at them decisively?! So many strong fighters, so much Valiance among us... one good blow to them is all it would take!"
>>
No. 40023 ID: 6164e0

>>40013
"Why have we not banded together to strike at them decisively?! So many strong fighters, so much Valiance among us... one good blow to them is all it would take!"

Metallica stops laughing.

'Little warrior, your courage is great, but you don't understand. The Founders.....

Let me tell you a little story. Once before, when I was younger, a group of fighters from the arena, all powerful warriors, demanded that we go to war with the Empire. When word reached them that the Founders refused, the warriors raged, and sought out the Founders to demand that they reconsider.

....Just one of the Founders bothered to show itself. When it continued to refuse, the warriors challenged it. Twenty three brave fighters, every one of them a champion at some point in their careers, fought against it in anger.

They all died, every last one of them, and the founder left their corpses in the food at the guest chamber as a reminder that they are the ones who decide what happens in The Collective.

So we obey their rules, such as they are.'

Metallica looks at me strangely now, like he is looking for something.


What should I do?
>>
No. 40026 ID: 5e25cc

>>40023
Whee, conspiracy fodder.

That aside, ask Metallica if he'd be interested in hitting the Crucible later when he's healed up. Maybe ask him to meet you in your room, and tell him about the BR there, away from potential eavesdroppers.
>>
No. 40027 ID: 6164e0

>>40026
'...Lets put that aside for now. Once you're healed up, would you like to go to the Crucible of Valiance with me and my fellow soldiers of KILLER QUEEN?'

Metallica relaxes again, and regains his cavalier demeanor.

'I told you before, right? I don't like fighting alongside others. Just isn't as fun.'

'Would you at least come meet with me in the guest chambers when you are healed? There is something about The Crucible of Valiance I think you should know.'

'Okay, okay, little warrior. Hah, I'm still hungry. Was there anythin' else, or are we done here?'
>>
No. 40029 ID: 5e25cc

>>40027
Congratulate him again and let the big guy get some rest. Then get T.B. Sheets' carcass out of the bank for your own food and head back to your quarters for some R&R.
>>
No. 40032 ID: 92ab53

>>40029
I thought we were going to see if we could trade for Big O's leg?
>>
No. 40034 ID: 6164e0

>>40032
'I was wondering if you would be willing to part with The Big O's leg.'

'ZEHAHA, I saw you using that Valiance you got from Xephyr. Let me guess, you are wonderin' if maybe eatin' the leg would give you his, right? Well, I can't say it won't work, but I can't say it will, either. Body parts can impart Valiance, but not always.

But if you want it, what would you offer me in return? I mean, that is one hell of a Valiance The Big O has, and this leg is the only chance anyone has of getting it without killin' him.'


What should I say?
>>
No. 40049 ID: ed8d8a

I.. I feel fairly certain that if we were able to identify the scent of BR from the Crucible a the distance we reached, then it's presence is probably not a closely kept secret, and us treating it as some great revelation will make us look silly. For all we know, that is where the supply COMES from.

In the mean time, be honest with Metallica, say we have no idea what things are "worth" around here. This entire concept of a trade economy is new to us.
>>
No. 40059 ID: 6164e0

>>40049

'I... don't really understand the concept of trade much, since before coming here our hive only ran into hostile creatures. We've never had a chance to trade before.'

Metallica looks at me as his laughing subsides.

'...Thats right, isn't it, your colony is all alone out there. Well, I'll be honest, your askin' me to trade somethin' that might give you a high caliber Valiance, the type that even champions find potent. Even Bohemian Rhapsody is less valued than a body with Valiance in it.

....On the other hand, I don't really know if a Valiance that manifests in a specific body part might be attainable by eatin' the body part it manifests in. And I can't really test it, 'cuz I'd have to eat it to check if this works.

Look, if you're willing to gamble that this body part can give you a Valiance, I'll hold onto it for ya. If you bring me either (15 units of Bohemian Rhapsody) or a carcass with a Valiance in it, I'll trade ya. And ta make sure ya understand that I'm cuttin' ya a break, Valiances of this caliber normally are considered to be at least worth (75 units of Bohemian Rhapsody) or more, but since I don't know if it will actually give you the Valiance, I'm cuttin' the value down a good bit. Plus, ya did make me some money when I bet on ya.

I'll leave instructions with the squirts that run the bank that if you bring them either of those, they can exchange it for the limb. Fair? Now unless you have anything else ta say, I'm gonna go find something tasty to eat in the bazaar.'


What should I do?
>>
No. 40067 ID: 92ab53

>>40059
Rest, eat, then back to the crucible of valiance to FUCK SHIT UP!!!
>>
No. 40075 ID: 6164e0

>>40067

I say my farewells to Metallica, who only grunts in response. I lead my group to the guest chambers, and there we gorge ourselves on the food available, and claim a spot to rest, letting our bodies digest the food and recuperate.

.............................................


Some time has passed, and we are no longer weary or hungry.


Should we do anything first, or should we head straight to The Crucible of Valiance?
>>
No. 40092 ID: 5227a0

>>40075
Hit the Crucible. That's gonna be the only way to get Metallica's fee since the Fight Song is out of the question for the moment.
>>
No. 40097 ID: 92ab53

>>40092
Hmm... I can't think of any way to prepare properly for the upcoming battle...
>>
No. 40098 ID: 6faa8c

>>40097
If only we had a few more soldiers...
>>
No. 40101 ID: 5227a0

That's all right, guys, I've got an idea for when the A-team (Scars and company) is on-site that may keep things from becoming too overwhelming. When the big ones burst out of the ground again, head into the tunnels. That'll force the big ones to attack singly, and they should be much easier to dispatch one-on-one (versus a TMBG) or when confronted by a foe with superior maneuverability and smaller size in close quarters (Scars or D6L).
>>
No. 40103 ID: 6164e0
File 125245171996.jpg - (20.76KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Round 2 01.jpg )
40103

>>40092
>>40097
>>40098
(Onwards to the Crucible!)

We are well fed and rested. There is no reason to delay.

I lead my group out of The Collective once more, and follow the path I took before to reach The Crucible of Valiance.

At the moment, we seem to still be far enough away we are not treated as a threat.


How should we proceed?
(Yellow=Scars, Red w/ black outline=TMBG, Dark Red=D6L, Green=Flash)
>>
No. 40105 ID: 6faa8c

>>40103
Approach and stop as soon as they emerge.
>>
No. 40112 ID: 5227a0

>>40103
D6L, mount up. TMBGs, shoulder to shoulder and move forward. Scars on point, keeping your pace equal to the others. Flash, dash in ahead and look 'round, see if you can provoke a couple to come out and play before returning to the group.
>>
No. 40117 ID: 6164e0
File 125245230670.jpg - (25.25KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Round 2 02.jpg )
40117

>>40105
Right, we'll just advance until they com-

OH


Ah



What should we do?
>>
No. 40118 ID: 6faa8c

>>40117
FFFFFFFU-
>>
No. 40125 ID: 5227a0

>>40117
*sigh* This is why I was recommending a probe first. Right, I can still work with this.

Flash and D6L, mount up. Direct your TMBGs side-by-side toward the upper-left tunnel and engage with the four big enemies there. Scars, run in ahead of them directly between the middle two big'uns, if you can get them to turn to follow you, that should leave them open for a free strike from the rest of your crew.
>>
No. 40126 ID: f78140

>>40117
when surrounded, break out as quickly as possible.
in this case, attack both rear flanks. have the TMBGs defend the front under the care of Flash, take one side by yourself, and the D6Ls on the other side.
>>
No. 40128 ID: 6164e0

>>40125
(not sure what 'big'uns' you are referencing. Purple are large termites, brown are regular termites, black is tunnels. Please call things by name so I don't have to guess what you are referencing)
>>
No. 40129 ID: 92ab53

>>40117
Use the Mako's main cannon to blast the Rachni to hell!

Oh wait...

At least your foes are confronting you head on. Rush the enemies from one of the southern holes and slaughter them, then turn to face the other foes. Leave no one standing.
>>
No. 40135 ID: 5227a0

>>40128
Sorry, Bob. Meant the two large termites in the middle of the upper-left formation, the ones closest to the group.
>>
No. 40140 ID: 6164e0
File 125245398748.jpg - (25.28KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Round 2 03.jpg )
40140

>>40125
We rush the nearest of the larger vile creatures, and kill one before they can respond. We have broken the formation of these beasts in the upper left, and should be able to kill a few more without much effort shortly.

....which is good, as all the other larger beasts are working their way towards us.

On a positive note, the smaller and weaker beasts are once again crowding together to defend the entrance to the spire.

It does in fact seem they remember us. But we killed scores of them before, and no colony has infinite numbers. And I can smell it faintly, now that I know what it is: There is Bohemian Rhapsody inside.


What should we do?
(Mounted Flash=Red with green outline, mounted D6L=Dark red, black outline)
>>
No. 40143 ID: 5227a0

>>40140
Scars, see if you can skewer the three large termites that form a vague line south of you with Path of Glory. Mounted ants, gang up on the single large one to the north and pulverize him. That should clear some space out.
>>
No. 40144 ID: 92ab53

>>40140
Scars, turn and attack the southern group of large termites. Have the two mounted units face off the other two groups of large termites, then have Scars flank them, possibly using his rush attack to cut a swath through them.
>>
No. 40145 ID: 6164e0
File 125245494085.jpg - (25.44KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Round 2 04.jpg )
40145

>>40143
>>40144
I see the vile beast lined up before me, like flimsy targets waiting to be knocked down.

It seems they have forgotten what I can do.

I shall remind them.

I open my spiracles wide as I clamp my mandibles shut. They will not stop me.

PATH OF GLORY

I rip great rents in their forms as I blaze past, the vile creatures already in their death throes behind me, stilling quickly.

I am getting more adept with Path of Glory and Aerosmith both, bit by bit.

Flash and Death On Six Legs work together with their mounts, and obliterate the lone vile creature still near them.

The other advancing creatures are nearing us.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40149 ID: 5227a0

>>40145
Path of Glory again, Scars, ignoring the large termite closest to you in favor of hardballing through the next four in line, or even five if you can manage to tweak your path along the way.

Ant calvary, follow up in Scars' wake and hit the one he leaves behind, turning to face the others before they manage a strike at your backs.
>>
No. 40153 ID: 92ab53

>>40145
The fools are lined up in a circle. They think that getting close to you will help them. Show them the error of their ways.

Have the other ants clear the area while you use Aerosmith to boost straight up. Then dive-bomb them with a Stoner Sunshine [1] right in the center of their formation.

(forgot what to roll)
>>
No. 40160 ID: 6164e0
File 125245599188.jpg - (25.82KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Round 2 05.jpg )
40160

>>40153
(D10, for future reference, is STONER SUNSHINE LV1 dice to roll. Beat 3+number of times Lv1 has been used recently)

>>40149
From my new position, I see my foes arranged neatly to be attacked, if I capitalize on it quickly. I have done Aerosmith twice in succession before, it is uncomfortable, but I can endure.

PATH OF GLORY

I slam through three of the beasts before slowing. No, there are still more to kill. Would Metallica stop simply because it was difficult to continue? No, he would push through, achieve his goes no matter what. If I am to have any hope of one day reaching the heights he stands on, I must push myself.

I keep my Spiracles open, and reactivate Aerosmith, heedless of the repercussions.

PATH OF GLORY

...It is a bit difficult to breathe right now, but I am still fully functional.

Death On Six Legs and Flash plow into the mass of vile creatures to my rear left, inspired by me. My Shining Light is glowing stronger as I fight.

...it seems reinforcements have come.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40167 ID: 5227a0

>>40160
Ant calvary, see if you can bull your way down into the nearby tunnel (upper-left). If you're able to do so, then dismount and put yourselves between the two TMBGs.

Scars, if you're able to manage one more Path or Glory, that lineup closing in on your honor guard is ripe for being speared.
>>
No. 40174 ID: 6164e0
File 125245707778.jpg - (25.71KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Round 2 06.jpg )
40174

>>40167
....I still have an opportunity to capitalize on the vile creatures being lined up.

I open my spiracles for a third time, clamping my mandibles together to form a wicked spear.

PATH OF GLORY

Pain.....Fatigue....Discomfort....I can... barely... breathe, and... my body aches... from the abuse I... am heaping on it.

I care not.

Metallica would push through this. I shall too, no matter the challenge.

Flash and Death On Six Legs are able to work their way to the edge of the Tunnel where I am shaking as I recover.

'You don't look too good. Maybe we should pull back.'

Ever watchful, ever dutiful, Death On Six Legs speaks his mind to remind me of my duty: Above all else, to serve KILLER QUEEN. And if I die here, I will have failed her.

But I can go on.

For the moment, no new defenders are coming.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40177 ID: 5227a0

>>40174
Inside. Marching order: TMBG, Scars, Flash, D6L, TMBG.

Scars, take a few moments to recuperate while the big ants and D6L hold off the termites.

Flash, use your tremorsense as advance warning in case any more come toward you from the inside.
>>
No. 40178 ID: 5227a0

>>40177
And by inside, I mean down the tunnel, of course.
>>
No. 40187 ID: 6164e0
File 125245793538.jpg - (23.90KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 1.jpg )
40187

I order Flash and Death On Six Legs to dismount, and with a They Might Be Giants in both the front and the rear, we descend into the tunnels.

'Flash.'

'Yes, Scars of Yesterday?'

'What can you tell me about our immediate surroundings? Where are these creatures located beneath ground?'

'I feel several walking around in a chamber below, perhaps fifteen total. I can't feel anything else moving around nearby.'

'I see.'

I am sure of it, I can smell Bohemian Rhapsody more strongly, the scent wafting up and past us.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40192 ID: 5227a0

>>40187
If the termites from up top aren't following you down the tunnel, swap the rear TMBG to the front and use both of the big ants as a barrier while Flash zips into the chamber to see about drawing some of the occupants back toward the group. Scars and D6L, keep an eye toward the rear in case you're followed.
>>
No. 40197 ID: b21e04

Chunky salsa, chunky salsa, chunky salsa!

Guys can we please have him use Stoner Sunshine now? Everyone's been ignoring that ability since we got Aerosmith...
>>
No. 40198 ID: 6164e0
File 125245861533.jpg - (24.25KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 2.jpg )
40198

>>40192
Flash seems to have succeeded in drawing their attention.

And the one from the surface that we had not slain seem to be returning underground in pursuit of us.

But I can breathe freely again, and am only slightly fatigued and free of injury, as all of the gore and viscera on me comes from my foes at the moment.

....I still haven't cleaned myself since getting to the collective, and the grime is starting to build up from all the foes I have slain.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40199 ID: 5227a0

>>40197
If the termites are gracious enough to group up tightly first, I don't see why not!
>>
No. 40202 ID: 5227a0

>>40198
Swap one of the TMBGs back to the rear to intercept the ones coming from behind, with D6L supporting it.

Flash, zip back in and run interference, circling 'round the termites in the chamber and nipping at their legs and so on so they'll try all chase after you. Don't stay in one place long enough to take a return blow, however.

Scars, hold back for now, but move to support Flash if it looks like he's going to get tagged by a counterattack.
>>
No. 40208 ID: 6164e0

>>40202
(WARNING: Flash are flimsy, just getting hit once by these things would kill a Flash, in most cases. Proceed Y/N?)
>>
No. 40212 ID: 5227a0

>>40208
Okay, modify that command for Flash to just run circles around them while keeping well out of reach, basically zipping around and being annoying.
>>
No. 40216 ID: 6164e0
File 12524600573.jpg - (24.19KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 3.jpg )
40216

I order Flash to try to cluster the termites together before retreating back to our location.

While Flash darts about, luring the termites into new positions, I order Death On Six Legs and one of the They Might Be Giants to defend our rear from any of the vile creatures that may try to approach us.

Shortly Flash darts back, spiracles opened wide to get more air.

The mass of the larger vile creature followed her as a massed cluster, and are poised to smash into us with their press of numbers.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40226 ID: 6faa8c

rolled 9 = 9

>>40216
STONER SUNSHINE, LEVEL .5
>>
No. 40235 ID: ed8d8a

>>40226
Why only .5? Worried about the enclosed space? They are still spread out a little bit.
>>
No. 40245 ID: 6164e0
File 125246238822.jpg - (24.11KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 4.jpg )
40245

>>40226
(ROLL SUCCESS)
I remember how potent STONER SUNSHINE was in an enclosed space before. I am hesitant to use it without first getting a better measure of it. After all, I have used the Valiance Aerosmith and the Ability Path of Glory more than I have STONER SUNSHINE.

I play it safe, only swinging a single mandible partly open.

It clicks shut.

There is a flash of light and a loud noise.

STONER SUNSHINE LV[0.5]

The effects..... are somewhat underwhelming. But even so, it kills some of the vile creatures and stuns many of those behind it.

Only an instant has passed.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40247 ID: 6faa8c

rolled 3 = 3

>>40245
TMBGs CHARGE FORTH, after you shoot another level ONE SS.
>>
No. 40248 ID: 6faa8c

>>40247
>3
FUCK
>>
No. 40258 ID: 6164e0
File 125246330684.jpg - (24.26KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 5.jpg )
40258

>>40247
(FAILURE, DID NOT BEAT 3)

No. No this is not enough. I need more power.

I swing a mandible wide open.

It swings shut.

There is a blinding flash of light and a tremendous noise.

STONER SUNSHINE LV[1]

...That had a more extreme effect. Most of the clustered vile creatures lay slain, their bodies burst with their innards leaking through the cracks as they curl in death.

I order the two They Might Be Giants to charge forth to break the remaining creatures in the chamber.

Flash seemed to have been hit with some of the reflected wave from STONER SUNSHINE, and is currently dazed.

Death On Six Legs is having trouble holding off our pursuers without help from a They Might Be Giants.

...I feel the Shining Light fade, and my limbs grow heavier. I have lost the ability to use STONER SUNSHINE for the nonce, it seems.



What should we do?

!!NOTICE!! Scars of Yesterday is now Lethargic. He will need food and rest to recover.
!!NOTICE!! Scars of Yesterday no longer possesses the Shining Light Trait. Losing the Lethargic Trait will restore Shining Light.
!!NOTICE!! Scars of Yesterday can no longer use STONER SUNSHINE. It will become usable again once the Lethargic Trait is lost.
>>
No. 40261 ID: 6faa8c

>>40258
Get in among the bodies, have help getting defended by the Giants and OMNOMNOM
>>
No. 40267 ID: 5227a0

>>40258
Path of Glory if you can, Scars, back up through the tunnel to take out three of the termites coming after Death on Six Legs, then both of you attack the remaining one from opposite sides.

TMBGs, form up again at the cavern entrance, keep anything from getting through.
>>
No. 40270 ID: 9891a9

>>40261
An excellent idea, we can take advantage of their slower mobility when they are near a corpse. While Scars eats, the others should be holding the enemy at bay, not trying to kill them.
>>
No. 40271 ID: f78140

>>40258
only one choice now. follow the scent of the Bohemian Rhapsody, without it you have almost no chance of escape.
>>
No. 40284 ID: 6164e0
File 125246467838.jpg - (24.24KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 6.jpg )
40284

>>40267
...I may be slowed, my body responding sluggishly, but I can still fight. I must. I promised my beloved queen I would return. What kind of ant would I be if I broke that promise?

I force my spiracles to open again, despite resistance from my weakened body.

I aim myself back up the tunnel, shouting orders as I do for Death On Six Legs to pull Flash back, and for the two They Might Be Giants to pull back and keep the surviving vile creatures from pursuing us from the chamber.

>>40270
I remember the horrid abominations move slowly when forced to pick a path over their dead, and hope that it means They Might Be Giants can outrun them.

It does.

I clamp my mandibles together and set myself, ready to attack the creatures in the tunnel above us.

PATH OF GLORY

The power is lackluster, I barely pierce the first two before losing most of my speed.

This is not enough. I must do more. I wrench my protesting spiracles open once more.

PATH OF GLORY

The... creatures... that followed... us into the tunnel... have died. Breathing... is very difficult.... right now. But there... are no more... near this tunnel.

>>40261
>>40270
(OM NOM NOM vile creatures)

...I start eating of the fallen.... monsters. Their flesh is spongy.... and not particularly appealing... but it is nourishment (I hope).


I am still having.. some trouble breathing. I seem.. to recover more slowly in this.. state.

>>40271
Yes....Bohemian Rhapsody rejuvenates. If.. we can get to it.. I can be restored.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40300 ID: 5227a0

Have the TMBGs remain where the are, with Death on Six legs supporting them as the termites close in. Flash, slip through the ranks and scout the next tunnel down, avoiding combat.
>>
No. 40319 ID: 6164e0
File 125246726958.jpg - (193.54KB , 500x474 , GREAT VILE BEAST.jpg )
40319

>>40300
Flash is not gone long before dashing back, his scent screaming danger.

...It is shortly clear why, as five.... things are hotly pursuing him. They dwarf the larger vile creatures several times over, and their blackened bodies look heavily armored, their jaws strong and sharp.

...But Flash also bring word that these are the last defenders before the tunnel system reaches the innards of the spire, where Flash says the scent of Bohemian Rhapsody was almost overpowering.

Thankfully, in the time Flash was scouting, my breathing difficulties have passed, though my body is still sluggish in its response.



What should we do?
>>
No. 40323 ID: 6faa8c

>>40319
If it's big enough, you can punch INTO it using PoG, then ride it's innards until it dies, eating like a crazy motherfucker.
>>
No. 40324 ID: 6164e0
File 125246748355.jpg - (24.91KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 7.jpg )
40324

Current positioning of all combatants.
>>
No. 40330 ID: 06fc25

Have both They Might Be Giants build momentum and barrel headlong into the oncoming horde and generally cause some mayhem. In the mayhem work together with Flash and D6L to take each opponent one by one.

Remember, you may have Valiance but an ant's true strength comes from cooperation between all members of the colony.
>>
No. 40332 ID: 5227a0

Bloody hell. Let 'em come in a little more, then have Flash head back down the tunnel and see if he can snag a piece of BR to bring back. The TMBGs will just have to hold the line as best they can.
>>
No. 40334 ID: 6faa8c

>>40324
Actually, if we stick here, maybe pushe more bodies out in front, we could defend this point until they are all dead.
>>
No. 40337 ID: 6164e0

>>40334
(Stay here, defend)
>>40330
(Go to meet them)

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS JEEZ.

>>40332
(I said that nothing beyond these defenders are between us and entering the spire, not that there are no obstacles between us and the Bohemian Rhapsody somewhere in the spire.)
>>
No. 40338 ID: 6faa8c

>>40337
Changan vote to CHARGE
>>
No. 40343 ID: 6164e0
File 125246869369.jpg - (24.92KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 8.jpg )
40343

>>40330
>>40338
(CHARGE)

I order the two They Might Be Giants to charge forward, but the vile creatures have worked their way through the corpse well enough to keep them from advancing, too large to simply be bulled past in such tight concentration.

The two They Might Be Giants do manage to slay another of the vile beasts, though.

Myself, Flash and Death On Six Legs can't reach past the two They Might Be Giants. to fight effectively, only able to squeeze our heads through now and then to snap at the abominations. We could only get past the two They Might Be Giants if they stopped fighting and huddled against the walls of the tunnel.


What should we do?

The monstrous creatures from deeper below are slowly but surely getting closer to us.
>>
No. 40347 ID: 6faa8c

>>40343
Continue the defense. Tell the Giants to focus on killing as much as possible! Once you can PoG again, reliably, we can really sock it to them.

Also, back up into the tunnel slightly.
>>
No. 40350 ID: ed8d8a

>>40347
I say once you can breathe again it is time for another rocket bulldozer into the oncoming big guys.
>>
No. 40352 ID: 6faa8c

>>40350
Problem: Going into the open has five of them at you at once.
>>
No. 40355 ID: 6164e0
File 125247019199.jpg - (25.06KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 9.jpg )
40355

>>40347
>>40350
(ONCE YOU CAN BREATH AGAIN)

>>40319
(COULD ALREADY BREATHE AGAIN)

(DOHOHOHOHO)

I order the two They Might Be Giants to open a hole for me as I once more open my spiracles, clamping my mandibles together.

PATH OF GLORY

I tear a gore and slaughter filled path through the vile creatures boxing us into the tunnel, slowing to a crawl as I kill the third.

No. This will not do. There is still one more before me. Just a bit more, just a bit farther.... I push Aerosmith more, irking out a small bit more speed.

PATH OF GLORY

It was...enough. I am only having... some difficulty breathing. It is.. not as bad as before.


What should we do now?
>>
No. 40363 ID: 6faa8c

>>40355
Get back in there behind the Giants before you're torn apart!
>>
No. 40364 ID: 9891a9

>>40363
If the black creatures are faster than the others, possibly use Aerosmith one more time so they can't catch you as you recouperate and reposition for the next attack.
>>
No. 40365 ID: 6164e0
File 125247096348.jpg - (24.93KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 10.jpg )
40365

>>40363
It seems the surviving vile creatures have other plans.
>>
No. 40366 ID: d07841

Guys, Scars is lethargic. We really oughta be retreating now.
>>
No. 40369 ID: 6faa8c

>>40365
GODDRAMMIT

RAMMAN SPEED

USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH

FUCK FUCK
>>
No. 40373 ID: ed8d8a

>>40365
now see, if you had pushed a TMBG you would have carved a wider path and not be alone over here. :p
>>
No. 40374 ID: 5227a0

>>40365
There IS the other tunnel to the surface available, too...
>>
No. 40375 ID: 6164e0

(....have you forgotten you can issue orders to Scars of Yesterday's companions as well? Because they have been sitting there doing nothing for a while now.)
>>
No. 40382 ID: 5227a0

>>40375
Well then have the TMBGs CRUSH those two termites in the way!

Scars, Path of Glory at the center of the three mega-bugs coming towards you. If you can't penetrate, try to angle the rest of your speed burst toward the other exit tunnel.
>>
No. 40386 ID: 6faa8c

>>40382
>lethargic
>charge right into a crowd of five enemies at least twice our size

NO
>>
No. 40391 ID: 6164e0
File 125247313944.jpg - (24.64KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 11.jpg )
40391

>>40382
The two They Might Be Giants tear into the backs of the two creatures blocking my path at Death On Six Legs' orders, and I reunite with the rest of my group.

I admit that since becoming Lethargic, I am not as capable as I was before, but I can keep functioning.

These five monsters are the only things between us and entering the spire, where the Bohemian Rhapsody is.

To leave now, to let all this effort be undone....


I am not sure if I am willing to do so a second time.

By the same token, Death On Six Legs and Flash both look concerned at my current condition. They are obviously worrying about keeping me alive to return to KILLER QUEEN as she requested.


What should I do?
>>
No. 40395 ID: 6faa8c

>>40391
"These are nothing. Remember the Abomination! These are nothing!"
Flash, Do6L, Scars: into the tunnel
TMBG: HOLD YOUR GROUND! GIVE THEM NOTHING!
>>
No. 40410 ID: 6164e0
File 125247496820.jpg - (24.40KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 12.jpg )
40410

>>40395
'These vile abominations are nothing! Remember the Mandarinian Empire Warrior that struck Crescent, and we bested that! These will fall to us! PURGE THE UNCLEAN! They Might Be Giants, STAND YOUR GROUND, GIVE THEM NAUGHT BUT PAIN!'

While Death On Six Legs is the only ant besides myself who was alive when the soldier of the Mandarinian Empire struck our home, my resolve, my confidence in our victory moves them.

The vile behemoths smash into the two They Might Be Giants, and force them back with monstrous strength. But their progress abates as we are pushed into the tunnel, and the monsters are unable to enter in any manner other than single file.

For the moment, they are pressed together, stil trying to reach us, but the two They Might Be Giants are durable, and manage to keep the vile behemoths from doing any more than scratching their carapaces in futility.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40413 ID: 6faa8c

>>40410
How you feeling, Scars? Eat some more and take a breather while the enemy struggles hard. We need your massive offensive strikes to win this.

Plan once up to speed: Everyone but the Giants circle around through the other tunnel, then flank the bastards!
>>
No. 40414 ID: 1d375b

Have the Giants grapple them on each side and attempt to lift one up a bit so the rest of you can attack them from below.
>>
No. 40416 ID: 6164e0

>>40413
(Scars of Yesterday has already eaten enough that with rest he will recover. The only thing that can accelerate his recovery is Bohemian Rhapsody)

(I think I am stopping here for tonight. I'll start up again sometime tomorrow around noon, give or take. Keep posting any plans for fighting these giant termites, as strategy is required to beat them. See ya tomorrow.)
>>
No. 40421 ID: d3692f

I'm all for trying to get underneath them and generally mess up those relatively unarmored leg joints.

These things look like they could do some serious damage if they fell on Scars, though, so be careful1!
>>
No. 40478 ID: ed8d8a

>>40410
Back up the tunnel more, force them to come at you single file. Flash is tasked with exploiting the ample space under the legs of both sets of front-line combatant to harass the enemy while the TMBGs keep them occupied. Scars and Do6L slip stealthily out the back and attempt to surprise the rear termite from behind using the other tunnel. (check on what is happening above ground while you are at it)
>>
No. 40521 ID: 6164e0
File 125252614327.jpg - (24.42KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 13.jpg )
40521

>>40414
>>40421
(They Might Be Giants, GRAPPLAN TIME)

I order Flash to keep the two They Might Be Giants to keep the creatures held here, and if possible attempt to lift them to expose their undersides. The vile behemoths are heavy, but if they get the right grip, it could be done. Flash is then tasked with harassing the monsters, darting about the two They Might Be Giants to exploit any moment of weakness perceived to cause any harm possible to the monsters.

>>40413
>>40478
(Use other tunnels)

Death On Six Legs and I slip back out the tunnel, and move across the surface to come at the chamber from another path. While above ground, we see that the smallest of the disgusting creatures are still huddled about the ground level entrances to the spire. Mindless abominations, unworthy of being compared to the superior They Might Be Giants.

We sneak down one of the tunnels, and stop just outside of the chamber. For the moment, we seem to be undetected by the abhorrent monsters still in the chamber.

...Hm. They seem to suffer from the same weakness as their fellows, with their carapaces designed to defend against frontal assault.


What should we do?
(orders can be issued to Scars of Yesterday, Flash and Death On Six Legs)
>>
No. 40522 ID: 6faa8c

>>40521
PATH OF GLORY directly into the backside of one while Death takes on another.
>>
No. 40528 ID: ed8d8a

>>40521
Repeating suggestion to back TMBG into the tunnel, encouraging the enemy to string themselves out in a nice straight line facing the same direction in an enclosed space. Alternately, they might split up, which can hardly be seen as a bad thing, though it is less immediately useful.
>>
No. 40537 ID: 6164e0
File 12525278526.jpg - (24.45KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 14.jpg )
40537

>>40528
Flash leads the two They Might Be Giants in a slow withdrawal to force the unclean monsters to attack them single file. It works, but the creatures simply start widening the tunnel. They will shortly have room enough to once more engage Flash and the two They Might Be Giants as a group.

>>40522
I order Death On Six Legs to charge the rearmost vile behemoths while I brace myself, snapping my mandibles shut as my spiracles open wide.

PATH OF GLORY

Death On Six Legs is halfway to the creatures as I blast past him, plunging deep into one of the monster's fleshy side. I explode out of the creature as Death On Six Legs catches up to me.

It seems the other monster in the back has re-oriented to us, and is starting to turn.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40541 ID: 6faa8c

>>40537
Quickly, try to run around him to punch through him again!

I guess the plan is to PoG through each one, one at a time.
>>
No. 40544 ID: 6164e0

>>40541
(Punch through who again? Scars of Yesterday killed the one he hit. The other one is about partway turned, will be facing Scars of Yesterday and Death On Six Legs in a few seconds.)
>>
No. 40553 ID: 6faa8c

>>40544
That's the one I meant. >.< The turning guy.
>>
No. 40559 ID: 6164e0
File 125253114898.jpg - (24.45KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 15.jpg )
40559

>>40553
No. I will not let this opportunity be used solely to claim one of their number.

DECENT INTELLIGENCE BONUS.

I have an idea. It is equal parts risky and deadly. I follow it.

I open my spiracles wide, and use Aerosmith to dash out far to the unclean monster's side. Before I finish slowing, I reorient myself, clamping my mandibles shut. Before me I see the second of the rear two creature's sides exposed before me. I immediately set out to attack it.

PATH OF GLORY.

I plunge deep into the creature's relatively unarmored flank, ripping massive chunks of gore out of it's side. The beast is slain.

Geh....using....Aerosmith.... and then.... Path of....Glory....in such..... quick....succession.... is difficult......I.....can....barely.....breathe....or move.

....The....monsters.....will soon....have....widened.....the tunnels....enough....to gang......up on...... the others.....


What should we do?
!!NOTICE!! Scars of Yesterday now can use Aerosmith to position himself before immediately using Path of Glory as a followup. However, this rapid fire move is particularly taxing!
>>
No. 40561 ID: 6faa8c

>>40559
Back up further, Giants!
Death, Scars, move forward and flank them from behind! We outnumber them now!
>>
No. 40566 ID: 6164e0

>>40561
(Scars of Yesterday is currently immobilized as he recovers from using this taxing combination of moves while Lethargic. He will not be able to act for a time!)
>>
No. 40572 ID: 6faa8c

>>40566
Crap!
Very well, Flash, Death, move up behind while Giants back up.
>>
No. 40574 ID: f6209b
File 125253187023.jpg - (34.46KB , 300x375 , dig-dug.jpg )
40574

There is only one thing that can be done.

Use the collapsing rock to crush the termites.
>>
No. 40584 ID: 6164e0

>>40572
(...and Flash is currently with the two They Might Be Giants in the tunnel, so he can't attack the giant termites from the rear. I'm sorry if my pictures are a bit crappy, but I think I at least typed up everyone's locations.)
>>
No. 40598 ID: 6faa8c

>>40584
I thought Flash could dart under and through, but I suppose not...
>>
No. 40600 ID: ed8d8a

Do6L go for their rear legs while they are occupied.
>>
No. 40604 ID: 6164e0
File 125253404131.jpg - (24.43KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 16.jpg )
40604

>>40572
(TMBG back up)

Flash has the two They Might Be Giants withdraw further as the aborrent beasts continue to expand the tunnel. For the moment, they are still restricted to only fitting in one at a time, but Flash and his two charges will eventually run out of tunnel....

>>40600
(D6L attack back legs)

Death On Six Legs may be here as Scars of Yesterday's honor guard, but that makes him no less a Proud Warrior. He charges forward and attacks one of the giant vile creatures from behind, tearing gouges into its unprotected back and legs. The beast hisses in protest as it begins to turn, slowed by the tight quarters and the dirt surrounding it from its excavation.

I...am starting....to breathe... a bit more...easily.. I can move..again.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40616 ID: d3692f

Press the attack from behind! Kill them while they're occupied with digging!
>>
No. 40623 ID: 6164e0

>>40616
(specifics of how to go about that would be nice. )
>>
No. 40633 ID: 06fc25

Assist the Death on Six Legs in taking down his target. Avoid using your Valiance for now, you need to let your body recuperate. In any case, relying on Valiance too much is a weakness you cannot afford.
>>
No. 40640 ID: 6faa8c

>>40633
This. Good old simple combat for you, Scars, help out Death.
>>
No. 40651 ID: 6164e0
File 125253852468.jpg - (24.41KB , 1143x862 , Crucible of Valiance Spire Outer Tunnels 17.jpg )
40651

>>40616
>>40633
>>40640
I charge forth, my body slowed but still responsive, to assist Death On Six Legs.

He bravely challenged this beast so much larger than he, how could I not help him?

As the vile behemoth raises a leg to stamp on Death On Six Legs, I leap onto the creature, snipping off one of its antenna before crawling over its head and onto it's back.

The monster hisses in outrage as I clamp my mandibles around the leg nearest to my comrade, and pull, worrying at it with my jaws. The joint starts to wear down, and with a pop, the leg is removed.

The creature is partially blinded and missing a leg. It will die by our efforts soon if we keep this up.


Things are not looking so good for Flash and the two They Might Be Giants. The other unclean wretches are continuing to hound them, the one engaging them too well armored to be wounded from the front effectively, and the other is steadily making progress on expanding the tunnel.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40673 ID: 6faa8c

>>40651
Scars: Murder, maim, kill, etc, purge the unclean.

Death: Distract one of the unclean engaging the Giants.

Giants: Focus on murdering the one Death does not attack.
>>
No. 40678 ID: 6164e0
File 125254049848.jpg - (69.32KB , 1000x722 , Wings of Destiny.jpg )
40678

>>40673
(I'll pretend you told Flash to order the two They Might Be Giants, since they have the Mindless Drone Trait, and thus cannot be given orders by posters, but instead must be given orders by other ants.)

I continue to assault the creature I stand on, tearing at it's limbs, it's back, it's neck. I refuse to let this creature live any longer than it must. It is vile, it is abhorrent, it is an abomination.

It must die.

As I continue to rip holes in its back and pull off legs, Death On Six Legs races off to harass the giant creature working to widen the tunnel, and mimics me, leaping on it's back to tear into it's joints. The creature tries to buck him off, but he clings too tightly, and continues to attack. The creature is no longer digging. Excellent.


Flash urges the two They Might Be Giants onward, to continue attacking the beast before them. Their combined efforts finally pay off, as the creature's durable head is finally broken open.

The two They Might Be Giants tear into the beast's corpse, rending open a path back into the chamber.

...!? Something is happening to one of the They Might Be Giants! It sprouts wings, it's legs lengthen, and it starts emitting pheremones of its own!

'I.....will not.....die...here. It is not...my destiny.'

!!NOTICE!! One of the They Might Be Giants has undergone metamorphosis, and become the hero unit Wings Of Destiny! Wings Of Destiny can now be issued commands!


What should we do?
>>
No. 40684 ID: 5227a0

>>40678
New hero unit and only two enemies left, then?

FINISH THEM!

And then take a breather while Flash scouts further in, mindful to avoid being noticed.
>>
No. 40687 ID: 6faa8c

>>40678
Scars: Laugh triumphantly at this awesome turn of events, ANTPILE ON THE FINAL ABOMINATION
>>
No. 40688 ID: 6164e0
File 125254150882.jpg - (190.72KB , 1200x960 , THE QUEEN.jpg )
40688

>>40684

I continue to wound and maim the unclean monster I am engaged with. It slows, and stops as more of it's life fluids leak onto the ground. I have slain the beast, without the need for any Valiance, while slowed by lethargy.

Death On Six Legs demands the complete attention of the monster he rides, and it does not notice Flash, Wings of Destiny and They Might Be Giants surrounding it.

It is pulled apart, ripped to shreds by my honor guard.

For the moment, the chamber is quiet. We enjoy a moment of calm as I send Flash to check what awaits us further below.

Flash is gone for some time before returning.

'There is nothing between us and the spire itself, but right inside the spire is a queen, likely the ruler of this spire, and hundreds of all three types of monsters we have fought here.

In the chamber with the queen and her guards is a sizable portion of Bohemian Rhapsody. It appears to be a food they cultivate and grow for their queen.'

Hmm.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40689 ID: 6faa8c

>>40688
We're going to need a veritable ARMY to handle this...
>>
No. 40691 ID: 5821fc

>>40688
Ask Flash if she'd be able to steal a portion of the BR and bring it back.
>>
No. 40693 ID: 6faa8c

>>40691
I was about to suggest this, actually.

Agree'd.
>>
No. 40702 ID: 6164e0

>>40691
>>40693
'Flash'

'Yes, Scars of Yesterday?'

'Go back in there and grab as much Bohemian Rhapsody as you can carry. Then run back to us as fast as you can. I think we may be leaving in a hurry.'

'...Of course.'

Flash departs down into the tunnels.

.......

Flash returns, carrying a sizable chunk of Bohemian Rhapsody, large enough that Flash is now moving only slightly faster than these vile creatures can.


.....Which is good, since a short distance behind her a wall of the beasts is in hot pursuit.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40703 ID: 5821fc

>>40702
Is it 12 units or more and either way have the second fastest ant take a bit and then run!
>>
No. 40704 ID: 5227a0

>>40702
GO! RUN! GET TO DA CHOPPA! Er...the Collective, I mean.
>>
No. 40707 ID: ed8d8a

Give it to the TMBGs to carry. They are sizable enough that the added weight is unlikely to slow them. (actually, if it is enough that only one of them could carry the full load, then that one should be the non-hero) Tell them to start moving as fast as they are able back to the Collective, and all others work to cover the rear during the escape.
>>
No. 40711 ID: 6164e0

>>40707
(Silly poster, there is only one They Might Be Giants now, the other became Wings of Destiny, and entirely new type of ant)

>>40703
>>40704
(RUN BITCH RUN)

We flee, racing up the tunnel to the outside. As we get some distance from the tunnels all of them start gushing great piles of the unclean monsters, all still dashing after us.

Now that we are in the open, Wings Of Destiny grabs the piece of Bohemian Rhapsody from Flash and takes to the sky. Flash, now unburdened, quickly catches up to the rest of us, and we reach the forest ahead of the living tide of enraged monsters. But they turn back eventually, and we safely escape.

Hmm... this looks to be (12 units of Bohemian Rhapsody)

We are about halfway back to The Collective.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40716 ID: 6faa8c

>>40711
Keep going.
>>
No. 40718 ID: 6164e0
File 125254464996.jpg - (63.34KB , 800x414 , Agrilis Viridis AKA Mr_ Big.jpg )
40718

>>40716

I lead us back towards The Collective.

On the way, there is a beetle waiting. If his golden hue was not indication enough, I can feel Valiance in the beetle. As he sees us, the Beetle moves to bar our path.

'Okay, I'll take that Bohemian Rhapsody you have there.'

I suppose this is to be expected. The Collective's rules only exist inside the main and guest chambers. We are on open ground now, and there is no enforced rules.

'And if we refuse?'

'Look, pipsqueak, maybe you haven't heard of me. I'm Mr. Big, and I take what I want, and eat those who don't listen to me. Understand?'

It was a great deal of effort to attain what we could from The Crucible Of Valiance. But by the same token, we are all tired, and I am far weaker than normal.

What should we do?
>>
No. 40721 ID: 1d375b

We still have numbers on him tired as we are. Plus we have a new flying unit to test out. I say we stand up to the bully.
>>
No. 40724 ID: f21281

>>40718
SWAAAAAAAAAAARM
>>
No. 40725 ID: 6faa8c

>>40718
FUCK YOU SWAAAARM FLASH TAKE THE BR TO THE BANK
>>
No. 40729 ID: 6164e0
File 125254605653.jpg - (58.45KB , 800x414 , FUCK YOU MR BIG.jpg )
40729

>>40721
>>40724
>>40725
(SWARM)

As Wings of Destiny lands beside us, dropping the chunk of Bohemian Rhapsody, I come to a rather firm decision.

'TRY AND TAKE IT!'

We rush forward (sans Flash, who is holding onto the Bohemian Rhapsody once more, to ensure no one tries to capitalize on our fight and take it while we are occupied), taking the beetle by surprise.

I wrench one of it's antenna of before Mr. Big can prepare himself, and Wings Of Destiny alights on his back, worrying at one of his legs. In short order it is gone.

We have surprised the creature, and now Wings Of Destiny, Death On Six Legs, They Might Be Giants and I are all crawling on Mr. Big's body, intent on causing grievous bodily harm. There are no rules protecting him here, and his corpse could pay for The Big O's leg just as easily as Bohemian Rhapsody.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40731 ID: f5cf76

>>40729
Take out all of its legs until it's entirely immobilized!

Scars, go for the eyes.
>>
No. 40732 ID: 6faa8c

>>40729
SLICE HIS THROAT
EAT HIS EYES
STEAL HIS SHO-er...

BERSERK THE FUCK OUT OF HIM.
See if you can have Wings drop Scars from a height to use PoG without Aerosmith.
>>
No. 40735 ID: 6164e0
File 125254695993.jpg - (58.12KB , 800x414 , HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW MR BIG.jpg )
40735

>>40732
(Terminalvelocitysayswhat?)

>>40731
We continue or assault on Mr. Big, unrelenting, unhesitating, merciless.

Then the beetle snaps its shell open and we are thrown off of his back. I suppose I should have seen that coming, Metallica used his shell to great effect both in his fight with me and his championship bout.

>>40732
(EAT HIS EYES)

But I was close to his head, and the quickly opened shell did not send me tumbling as it did my comrades. It slid me onto his head. And I see his eyes, there, undefended, within reach of my mandibles.

I know what must be done.

I tear into the nearest eye, clinging tightly to the beetle's body as Mr. Big frantically tries to buck me off, but I continue feasting on his eye.

It is delicious.

It was delicious.

Mr. Big seems to be regretting confronting us, and seems to be preparing to fly away.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40736 ID: 1d375b

Cripple him so he cant get away!
>>
No. 40737 ID: 6faa8c

>>40735
DESTROY THE OTHER ANTENNA
>>
No. 40740 ID: f5cf76

>>40735
His shell is open. Mobility comes at a cost.

Wings of Destiny, get in there and fuck up his vulnerable wings.
>>
No. 40742 ID: 6164e0
File 125254769848.jpg - (57.59KB , 800x414 , YOU ARE GOING NOWHERE MR BIG.jpg )
40742

>>40736
>>40737
(Cripple him, take his other antenna!)

I lunge forward as he begins to take to the sky, and snare his remaining antenna in my jaws. With a vicious jerk, I deprive him of it.

But now he is taking to the air, and none of our party is on him. He is flying sloppily, and can barely stay in the air, but he is slowly but surely gaining altitude.

>>40740
Mobility comes at a price for beetles. And we are not without fliers of our own now.

Wings of Destiny takes off in furious pursuit, and Mr. Big only manages to gain a scant handful of inches in altitude before she slams into his exposed back, crumpling his beating wings with her durable form.

Mr. Big crashes to the ground.

We surround him as he struggles to his feet, only to subside as he finds he cannot balance himself any more. Fear is leaking off of him, and he cringes from our presence.

'Please..... spare me....please.'

I am a hair's breadth away from his wounded head.


What should I do?
>>
No. 40744 ID: ed8d8a

>>40742
"Why?"
>>
No. 40745 ID: 43d730

>>40742
Going to be too softhearted here and say 'If you pull shit like this again, acting without honor, I will find out, and you will wish you had never heard of living.'

Or just kill him, or pump him for information and favors then kill him.
>>
No. 40747 ID: f5cf76

>>40742
Scars, does he have a valiance? If so, finish him. If not, then
>>40744

Find out why he deserves to live, what he has to buy his life.
>>
No. 40751 ID: 6164e0

>>40747
(as mentioned here:
>>40718
Scars of Yesterday can feel Valiance in Mr. Big)
>>
No. 40754 ID: f5cf76

>>40751
Oops, missed that.

In that case, kill him and let Wings of Destiny eat him. Our new hero needs a Valiance! After all, we don't know if the leg will work, this is a sure thing. And we still have the BR to trade for the leg anyway.
>>
No. 40755 ID: 1d375b

Mercy is worth it if the opponent is honorable. Cowards who attempt to steal from others when they are weak don't deserve it. If he cant ransom himself I say finish him off.
>>
No. 40756 ID: 6164e0

>>40744
>>40745
>>40747

'Why?'

'Please, I won't do it again, please, don't kill me, I don't want to die, please...'

He continues his meaningless babbling. He was all bluster. His refusal to accept his fate for having challenged foes stronger than he is sickening.


What should be done?
>>
No. 40757 ID: 6164e0

>>40754
(We have no clue what Valiance Mr. Big has, and some are more useful than others.)
>>
No. 40759 ID: f5cf76

>>40756
Ask him what his Valiance is.

Then kill him.
>>
No. 40765 ID: 6faa8c

>>40759
This.

"Know that in your death, you shall serve KILLER QUEEN. Perhaps that will make it a bit easier."
>>
No. 40769 ID: 6164e0

>>40759

'Tell me what your Valiance is.'

'My-my Valiance? I can breathe underwater, please don't kill me, please.'

'Know that in your death, you shall serve KILLER QUEEN. Perhaps that will make it a bit easier.'

As Mr. Big continues to protest, his pheromones heavy with terror, I dig into his head through the missing eye, consuming his brain. He dies without pomp or ceremony, wailing for mercy until his last. Even Xephyr was not such a coward as this.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40771 ID: 1d375b

Finish him off and save the corpse for now. We can ask someone inside more about his valiance before we decide what to do with it.
>>
No. 40782 ID: 1d375b

Drag the corpse and your new food to the bank and then eat and rest.
>>
No. 40786 ID: 6faa8c

>>40782
No, we do not eat the BR. we trade it.
>>
No. 40787 ID: a0dedb

>>40786
He never said what to eat.

But we need to trade the BR NOW before The Metal challenges us and we have to give up half of it to decline.

Go to the bank and tell them you're doing the trade *immediately*. Put the corpse in there too.
>>
No. 40791 ID: 6164e0

>>40782
We work together to bring both Mr. Big's corpse and the piece of Bohemian Rhapsody to the bank. Only a few stop to stare as we do so. It seems this might be a common practice.

In the bank, one of the small bugs hops over to our party.

'Greetings, honored guest! Would you like to make a deposit?'

'Yes. Please hold on to these for me.'

'Of course, honored guest.'

A small swarm of the identical little creatures hop over, and carry off our spoils.

We are tired, and food would be nice right now. I lead our group over to the guest chambers, and once again we gorge ourselves. I get a few strange looks, coated in gore as I am.

We eat our fill, and once more find a spot to rest and recuperate.

...........................................

Some time has passed.

We are all well fed and well rested now.


What should we do?
!!NOTICE!! Scars of Yesterday is no longer Lethargic.
!!NOTICE!! Scars of Yesterday has regained the Shining Light Trait.
!!NOTICE!! Scars of Yesterday can once again use STONER SUNSHINE.
>>
No. 40793 ID: 6164e0

>>40786
>>40787
(sorry, was already making the most recent update when you made these posts, and I missed them.)
>>
No. 40794 ID: 987386

Give the valiance to the flash accompanying you. Scout that can go underwater.
>>
No. 40796 ID: 1d375b

Can the Metal challenge us only in fight song or any time we are in other parts of the collective?
>>
No. 40798 ID: 6164e0

>>40796
(Look in discussion thread)
>>
No. 40812 ID: 1d375b

Well we could trade the corpse to Metallica for the leg. Sell it at the market for Rhapsody or something else or use it ourselves. Is a fairly situational ability though.
>>
No. 40815 ID: 43d730

>>40791
Watch a few of The Metal's fights.
We need to know more about him.
Maybe send Flash to watch them.
Don't fight anybody until you figure him out.
Track down Metallica and trade him the BR for the leg.
I suspect that Mr. Big's Valiance might come in very handy...
After all, to survive underwater, you'd need something to conserve or create air, and that would mesh very well with Aerosmith and possibly the valiance off the Big O, but giving it to Metallica might let him No Time for longer or indefinitely.

Disregard if it's a shitty breathing tube or water-air conversion.
>>
No. 40817 ID: 6164e0

(As to what to trade in at the bank for the leg, this will be a voting thing. So everyone go ahead and say what you would rather trade in. Alternatively, if you want to go to the bazaar and see what people will offer for a Valiance that lets you breathe underwater, say so. Just be aware that Scars of Yesterday has never haggled before, and doesn't even know what that is. VOTING TIME COMMENCE)
>>
No. 40820 ID: a0dedb

>>40817
Let's see what people will trade before we go voting. We need to know all of our options.
>>
No. 40821 ID: 6164e0

>>40815
(Scars of Yesterday knows nothing about the Valiance other than what Mr. Big told him, so how the Valiance lets it's user breathe underwater is a mystery.)
>>
No. 40827 ID: 06fc25

I support giving Mr. Big to Flash. A scout that can go underwater is invaluable, regardless of the method it is achieved.
>>
No. 40828 ID: 6164e0

>>40794
>>40827
(Psst, no bodies of water have been seen during the entire quest, including the trip to The Collective. I only feel it fair to inform you of this.)
>>
No. 40831 ID: 6faa8c

>>40828
Yeah I say trade the body and a little BR for that leg.
>>
No. 40833 ID: 6164e0

>>40820
(Ok, then to the bazaar first. Voting on what to do can come after that, I guess.)

I take some time to clean myself with the help of my honor guard (Wings of Destiny seems very enthusiastic about cleaning me. Odd.)

I am once again a resplendent golden hue, and I feel noticeably lighter without all the caked on gore and grime.

I head to the bazaar with my honor guard, and upon nearing it am made fully aware of just how hectic it is. There are pheremones EVERYWHERE, thousands of them all intermingling.

I am unsure as to how to proceed.


What should I do?
>>
No. 40835 ID: 5227a0

>>40833
Lurk moar.

No, really. Just wander around and look at things, listen in on others' dealings, that sort of thing. Learn through observation instead of jumping right in.
>>
No. 40836 ID: a0dedb

>>40833
Have Flash be our merchant scout. He's probably better able to tune into all the different conversations.
>>
No. 40839 ID: 6164e0

>>40835

I do not know much of how things work for barter. I wander about with my group, doing our best to try to pick out individual messages in the seething mass of pheromones, and try to learn.

.................

DECENT INTELLIGENCE leads to...

I have learned some of what barter entails. Most merchants seem to display samples of their wares, but I have yet to see corpses with Valiance or Bohemian Rhapsody on display, despite smelling messages that indicate transactions involving them are occurring in the bazaar. I suspect that valuable commodities are kept safe in the bank. That makes sense.

When an individual identifies someone trading something they want, they then inquire as to what the owner desires in exchange. Frequently, there is a period where both parties attempt to sway the perceived value and cost of the commodities in their favor.

Additionally, it seems that those who trade in Bohemian Rhapsody and/or Valiances regularly are in the center of the bazaar, but are also considered to be the hardest bargainers, thanks to there being more demand for these commodities than there is supply.

!!NOTICE!!Scars of Yesterday now understands the following concepts: Haggling, Supply and Demand!
!!NOTICE!! Scars of Yesterday has now learned where most of the merchants dealing in Bohemian Rhapsody and Valiances reside!


What should I do?
>>
No. 40845 ID: 43d730

>>40839
Still think you should send a watcher after the Metal.
We must know what he can do, and I'd prefer we not find out what he can do by being on the receiving end of it.
>>
No. 40846 ID: 6164e0

>>40845
Flash has once more been dispatched to The Fight Song to observe The Metal.

I still am unsure what to do in the bazaar, despite having figured out the basics of trade.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40848 ID: 43d730

>>40846
Listen in at the center for the going rates on Valiance and other high-end commodities.
>>
No. 40861 ID: 6164e0

>>40848
...Hm.

It seems that because Valiances are so varied, they can have almost any value. While I have been here, I have detected several transactions of only a couple units of Bohemian Rhapsody for some, and on the other end of the spectrum, there is still haggling occurring over one that is currently being offered for (100 units of Bohemian Rhapsody). The most common value range for Valiances seems to be (10-30 units of Bohemian Rhapsody). There don't seem to be many even attempting to trade anything other than Bohemian Rhapsody and/or other Valiances for Valiance.

Bohemian Rhapsody seems to go for many times its weight in food that is considered to be delicious by both parties (5/10 Quality, give or take), thanks to it rejuvenating and strengthening properties (as well as being phenomenally tasty).

...Hm. It seems intoxicating foods are valued fairly highly, and are sometimes exchanged at a rate of 1:1 for Bohemian Rhapsody if considered of high enough quality.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40863 ID: 6faa8c

>>40861
Didn't we find some CRAZY root? Xom stuff, back home? Man, thaqt would be incredibly awesome here.
>>
No. 40871 ID: 782100

>>40846
Find Metallica
>>
No. 40878 ID: 6164e0

>>40871
I lead my group in an attempt to find the mighty warrior. Strange, it smells like he is here in the bazaar.

Following the scent, we find the titanic warrior, already evidencing new growth on his stub of a leg and missing shell half, fiercely arguing with a trader.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40880 ID: 9891a9

>>40878
See what's being traded if you can, but don't intrude on either of them for the moment. We don't want Metallica to be angry at us if we end up making him lose his train of Haggling thought.
>>
No. 40885 ID: 6164e0

>>40880
I start actively tracking their conversation.

'WHAT?! How can you be out of Honey? THAT'S ALL YOUR HIVE MAKES, YOU'RE HONEYBEES, ITS WHAT YOU DO!'

'But you ate it all-'

'LIES! There is no way I could have eaten all the honey an entire hive can make! There's what, ten thousand of you? And you are tellin' me that ONE BEETLE ate it ALL!?'

'I don't appreciate being called a liar!'

'WELL I DON'T APPRECIATE NOT GETTING TO EAT HONEY!'

....I don't think the bartering is going well....


What should I do?
>>
No. 40886 ID: 06fc25

Keep an eye out for a Valiance appraiser so we can find out what Mr. Big is worth.
>>
No. 40892 ID: 6164e0

>>40886
We are currently in the less expensive parts of the bazaar, and there aren't any merchants who trade in Valiance here.
>>
No. 40914 ID: 6faa8c

>>40885
o lawdy.

Maybe we should move in and try to keep things from escalating to violence?
>>
No. 40934 ID: 6164e0

>>40914
'I KNOW YOU HAVE HONEY JUST TRADE IT ALREADY!'

'I said we don't have any more, and I meant it!'

'I CAN SMELL THE HONEY ON YOU!'

'..Maybe you should leave!'

'WHAT!? I'm yer best customer, AND YA WANT TA REFUSE ME!!'

Metallica looks to be becoming increasingly agitated.

...I would regret it later if Metallica resorted to violence and faced repercussions for it. After all, I someday want to be the one to surpass, kill and consume him.

I step forward, and enter the heated exchange.


....What should I say?
>>
No. 40939 ID: 6faa8c

>>40934
Divert.
Tell him about how you found an XOBOXHUEG stash of BR, and you're willing to trade the info for the leg. :3
>>
No. 40943 ID: 6164e0

>>40939
'Greetings, Metallica.'

The gargantuan beetle turns to face you, still severely agitated.

'WHAT, WHAT, WHAT!? ..Oh, its you. Not now, I'm busy negotiatin' with this LYING BEE WHO WON'T GIVE ME ANY HONEY!'

'I asked you to leave!'

'WHAT WAS THAT!?'

I am losing his attention. I start talking about the first thing that comes to mind.

'Metallica, I found a large cache of Bohemian Rhapsody growing, perhaps-'

'Let me guess, you found it inside one o' the spires in The Crucible o' Valiance.'

He seems to calm a bit.

'Still, I'm impressed ya were able to get deep enough to find it so soon. Hell, I was expectin' it to take a good chunk o' time for ya to get there. Color me surprised.'

...It seems that at least Metallica knew that Bohemian Rhapsody was there. The honeybee merchant seems to have retreated in Metallica's distraction. I am unsure if he even perceived any of the messages involving The Crucible Of Champions.


What should I do?
>>
No. 40949 ID: 782100

>>40943
Praise your honor guard, they were as important to you in getting that far.
>>
No. 40950 ID: 6faa8c

>>40943
Tell him the tale of your amazing seige of the Spire, your theft, and the death of Mr. Big.
>>
No. 40962 ID: 6164e0

>>40949
>>40950

'It was not just my efforts alone that brought us to the queen's lair within one of the spires. My honor guard was instrumental, and I doubt I could have achieved as much alone. Why, one of them even underwent metamorphosis, and become a new type of ant!'

At your words, Death On Six Legs takes the chance to rear up on his hind legs in a show of pride in his own strength, and Wings Of Destiny radiates gratitude for the words of praise. The They Might Be Giants with you stands there, unmoving and uncaring, a Mindless Drone.

'...Right, right, you ants are group creatures, ain't ya? Still, a small group makin' their way in that deep, I imagine ya had to fight a fair few termites.'

'Is that what they are called? Then yes, we slew over a hundred of the beasts as we fought our way through their tunnel systems and into the spire. We managed to steal some of the Bohemian Rhapsody there, but were assaulted by a bandit on our way back.'

'Well, yer here, so I figure ya didn't take kindly to such.'

'His eye and brain were most delicious, but Mr. Big, the beetle that attempted to rob us, died a coward's death, pleading for mercy until the end.'

'Huh. Where have I heard that name before. Mr. Big, Mr. Big... RIGHT, he's harassed mostly ants and other smaller creatures before. If I recall correctly, he had a Valiance o' some sort.'

'He did. We brought his body back to the bank in The Fight Song, along with the Bohemian Rhapsody we plundered.'

'That right? Well, it sounds like ya really went ta work out there. Ya still want ta get that leg? Just bring either Mr. Big's corpse or (15 units of Bohemian Rhapsody) if ya managed to snatch that much to one o' those critters that run The Fight Song, and tell 'em that ya want The Big O's leg. They know I okayed it.'

Metallica turns back to where the honey bee had been, and his antenna droop.

'Haaaaah... guess I gotta find some other bees ta get honey from. Too bad, that one's hive made some tasty stuff.'

Metallica starts to lumber off, his spiracles twitching as he seeks out the scent of someone selling honey.


What should we do?
>>
No. 40965 ID: 9891a9

>>40962
Let's do as he said, and go trade for the leg. My personal vote is to trade Mr Big, since water-breathing doesn't seem like an exceptionally useful valiance.
>>
No. 40966 ID: 6faa8c

>>40965
Agreed!
>>
No. 40969 ID: 43d730

>>40965
Assuming it doesn't alter breath in some manner.
I vote BR instead.
>>
No. 40970 ID: 6faa8c

Is there a Valiance limit, Bob?
>>
No. 40973 ID: 6164e0

>>40965
>>40966
(Trade Mr. Big)

I leave the bazaar, and return to the bank in The Fight Song with my honor guard.

One of the small creatures hops up to me.

'Greetings, honored guest! This one would like to know if honored guest is making a deposit or withdrawal?'

'Actually, I want to trade the beetle corpse I brought in for The Big O's leg Metallica has. He said he okayed it with you.'

'Certainly Honored Guest! This one shall make the transaction and bring the leg to honored guest!'

I shortly have the massive leg of The Big O before me, with its complex and strangely shaped spiracles marking it as what I seek.


What should I do?
>>
No. 40976 ID: 6164e0

>>40970
(Scars of Yesterday is unaware of any limit, and Metallica did have six Valiances when you controlled him.)
>>
No. 40978 ID: f78140

>>40973
devour it. if you gain the Valiance before you finish, offer the rest up to Wings of Destiny: the possibility of more Valiance among the ants of KILLER QUEEN is too good a chance to pass up.
>>
No. 40981 ID: 6faa8c

OMNOMNOM
>>
No. 40984 ID: 6164e0

>>40978
>>40981

(Okay, here's how this works. Someone rolls a d6. If you get 3 or above (would have been 4 or above, but a poster helped find the perfect name for the Valiance, so you get a bonus), congratulations, you get the valiance! Roll a 6 and there is enough left over another ant can try eating it! But roll a 1 or 2, and YOU GET NOTHING. So, whoever feels lucky, roll.)
>>
No. 40988 ID: 6faa8c

rolled 5 = 5

>>40984
fuckfuckfuck here i gooo
>>
No. 40989 ID: 6faa8c

>>40988
WOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
No. 40994 ID: 6164e0

>>40988
I consume the leg.

As I feast, I feel my legs thickening, and developing some specialized spiracles and new internal organs in my limbs. So it seems the gambit worked. I have copied The Big O's devastating Valiance.

!!NOTICE!! Scars of Yesterday has gained the Valiance Unstoppable Impact! As long as he can place a leg's tarsus (the end part) in direct contact with an object, he can create a powerful blast of air to create a devastating attack!

(Okay, I'm stopping here for tonight, I'll post a little dealie with Scar's response to getting the new Valiance tomorrow, probably in the morning.)
>>
No. 40995 ID: 0c4185

>>40988
SCOOOORREEEEEE!
>>
No. 40998 ID: 06fc25
File 125256648885.gif - (86.19KB , 250x188 , 1227507497665.gif )
40998

>>40988
>>
No. 41164 ID: 6164e0

So. It worked. I have replicated the Valiance that even Metallica was defenseless before. I experimentally wave my altered legs about. Hm, it seem that the carapace on them has been reinforced, and the joints seem more durable and flexible, capable of absorbing significant shock.

In addition to this new Valiance, I have learned much of how to use Aerosmith, even having formed a new ability that employs it offensively, Path of Glory.

I still have (15 units of Bohemian Rhapsody) and T.B. Sheets corpse in the bank, and I am well rested and fed, in as good of condition as I can naturally reach.

....I wonder, with this new Valiance, have I moved one step closer to reaching The Metal, to reaching beyond to Metallica? I have seen that there are many stronger than me, but have I made that group smaller?


What should we do?
>>
No. 41165 ID: f78140

>>41163
It is time to return to KILLER QUEEN. You've been more than successful, having acquired more bohemian rhapsody (as well as located a source), won the corpse of a spirited fighter in glorious battle, and helped bring about Wings of Destiny.
>>
No. 41166 ID: 6164e0

>>41165
Have I learned enough about The Collective? Do I possess enough knowledge for my beloved queen to decide on whether to join or not?

I still know nothing of these Founders Metallica mentioned, other than their apparent strength and unwillingness to go to war with The Mandarinian Empire.

I know nothing about what benefits KILLER QUEEN could gain from joining The Collective, or what is expected of members.

I have learned that the Mandarinian Empire is not barred from entering The Collective, despite the bounty offered for their warriors.

I.... still do not understand much of The Collective.


What should we do?
>>
No. 41168 ID: 06fc25

It's still too soon to leave.

Regarding joining the Collective, is it possible to arrange a meeting with one of the Founders? Barring that, we should find Motorhead and get our answers from him or at least get pointed in the right direction.
>>
No. 41173 ID: 6164e0

>>41168
I haven't seen any sort of ruling group/class in The Collective, but then I have only ventured to areas that Motörhead showed to me during the tour.

...well, that's not entirely true. I suppose those small identical creatures in The Fight Song do seem to govern a great deal of what happens inside the towering mass of The Fight Song.

I can only pick up old scents of Motörhead. Perhaps he is not in The Collective right now? He did say he functions as an envoy for this place.


What should we do?
>>
No. 41206 ID: 1d375b

Lets go ask one of the little guys where we can find more information about the collective. There should be a embassy area around here somewhere.
>>
No. 41212 ID: 6164e0

>>41206
Not sure how to learn more about The Collective, I go to the only established group I know, the strangely identical little creatures running The Fight Song.

I approach the pedastal in the main entrance, and shortly one of the creatures hops over to me.

'Greetings, honored guest! This one would like to know if honored guest is here to bet or fight?'

'Actually, I want to find out more about the collective, and what membership entails. Where do I go for that?'

'This one is to inform all honored guests inquiring on this line to go to the tunnel systems in the main chamber of The Collective, and follow the one with the warmest air down!'

Without further ceremony the small creature hops away to address another creature trying to attract their attention.

Hm. So I have a location now. I could go there now, and learn what I may about The Collective.

On the other hand, I am in The Fight Song, and have forged myself anew. Perhaps now is the time to challenge The Metal.

It is possible Flash has seen him fight, and has some insights on his Valiance.


What should we do?
>>
No. 41215 ID: f78140

>>41212
our first priority is to the queen. gather information about the collective, possibly about the founders.

another thing to consider; see if any of the Metal's defeated and maimed victims are willing to part with their lives and Valiance in exchange for the chance at vengeance.
>>
No. 41223 ID: 6164e0
File 125260907750.jpg - (85.53KB , 480x320 , Guard of The Founders.jpg )
41223

>>41215

Hmm. The Metal is a foe I long to kill and consume in glorious and carnage filled battle, but my first duty is to my queen, and she tasked me with learning of The Collective. It is high time I learned more of it.

I make a mental note to attempt to persuade the maimed and broken fighters that The Metal crippled, to see if they would be willing to part with their lives and Valiances to see The Metal fall. I am unsure of the likelihood of success, but adept enough persuasion might net some positive results.


I lead our group out into the central chamber, and seek out a tunnel with particularly warm air currents. I find it easily, a tunnel that dwarfs all tho others I have seen, wide enough for dozens of beetles Metallica's size to walk side by side through it.

I start down the tunnel, and follow it as it slowly winds downward, the air growing noticeably warmer the farther we travel.

Eventually we make our way to the end of the tunnel, which opens onto a chamber with a great line of water cutting a path through it. There is only a small stone bridge crossing the mighty body of water, and on the far side is a mountain with huge tunnels opening in it.

On the bridge is a creature even larger than The Big O curled up, patiently guarding the bridge.


What should we do?
>>
No. 41225 ID: 6faa8c

>>41223
Greet him:
"Greetings! My name is Scars of Yesterday, and I am here on behalf of the Killer Queen! I seek audience with one of the Founders."
>>
No. 41226 ID: 6164e0
File 125260951338.jpg - (157.82KB , 480x393 , Guard of The Founders in Motion.jpg )
41226

>>41225
I approach the living mountain. I am determined to learn whatever I can for KILLER QUEEN, my sovereign.

'Greetings! My name is Scars of Yesterday, and I am here on behalf of the Killer Queen! I seek audience with one of the Founders.'

The creature spring upright with a speed that defies his incredible stature, and forms but a single message.

'NO.'

...well, that's not what I was hoping for.


What should we do now?
>>
No. 41227 ID: 1d375b

Inform him that the little guys sent you this way. Then ask who you should be talking to if not the founders.
>>
No. 41230 ID: 6164e0

>>41227

'The creatures in The Fight Song told me that this was the place to go to to learn more of The Collective. Was this not correct?'

'IT IS CORRECT. BUT YOU MAY NOT MEET THE FOUNDERS.'

'Then who should I speak to if not the Founders?'

'YOU SHALL SPEAK TO ME.'

It appears that this mammoth is both guard and receptionist. Very well.


What should I ask it?
>>
No. 41239 ID: d3692f

Why did the Founders create the Collective?
>>
No. 41240 ID: 708a16

>>41230
Might as well be polite and ask the GIANT INTERMEDIARY CRAB its name first.
>>
No. 41244 ID: fc832e

Very well then, Guardian. My people have been invited to join the Collective. We should ask what such a business entails. What benefits shall we receive from joining this organization and what obligations will be be expected to fulfill?

We would further like to ask of other organizations in the area. The Founders, the Collective, the Mandarin Empire, as of yet we know of these three groups and our own, and of these three we know little. Knowing more of our surrounding area could do little but help aid us.
>>
No. 41246 ID: 6164e0

>>41239
'Why did the Founders create The Collective?'

'TO ENCOURAGE THE LESSER RACES TO BECOME STRONGER AND FORGE ALLIANCES.'

>>41240
'What title do you go by?'

'I AM SANTANA.'

....I had not noticed it earlier, but I feel Valiance in Santana.


What else should I ask?
>>
No. 41247 ID: 6164e0

>>41244
'Very well then, Santana. My people have been invited to join The Collective. We would know what membership entails. What benefits shall we receive from joining this organization and what obligations will be be expected to fulfill?'

'MEMBERS OF THE COLLECTIVE ARE TO NOT ATTACK OTHER KNOWN MEMBERS OF THE COLLECTIVE SO LONG AS THEY ARE MADE AWARE OF MEMBERSHIP UNDER PAIN OF EXPULSION AND DECLARATION OF WAR. OBLIGATIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TITHES OF RESOURCES TO THE COLLECTIVE ON A REGULAR BASIS.'

'We would further like to ask of other organizations in the area. The Founders, the Collective, the Mandarin Empire, as of yet we know of these three groups and our own, and of these three we know little. Knowing more of our surrounding area could do little but help aid us.'

'I WILL NOT TELL YOU OF THE FOUNDERS, IT IS THEIR WISH TO REMAIN DISCRETE. THE COLLECTIVE IS A COALITION OF ALLIED RACES AND NATIONS THAT MUST ANSWER TO THE FOUNDERS. THE MANDARINIAN EMPIRE IS A MILITARISTIC EXPANSIONIST EMPIRE THAT SEEKS TO CONTINUE GROWING THROUGH WAR AND CARNAGE.'


What else should I ask?
>>
No. 41255 ID: d3692f

How large are the tithes?
>>
No. 41258 ID: fc832e

Then we would ask who else is in the Collective. We have observed the Fight Song, so it would appear that many Valiant Warriors are members, but are there other organized forces like the people of Crescent members?

More information on the policies of the Collective would be useful as well. Would we be expected to go to war against those that attack our allies?
>>
No. 41259 ID: 6164e0

>>41255
'How large are these tithes?'

'ONE THIRD OF ALL FOODS GATHERED. AUDITORS WILL PERIODICALLY ASSESS WHETHER THE AMOUNTS BEING PROVIDED ARE OF THE CORRECT AMOUNT.'

...Hmm. A third of all resources is a hefty sum, but perhaps KILLER QUEEN would find this agreeable for gaining protection from any other members of The Collective.


What else should I ask?
>>
No. 41260 ID: 6164e0

'Would we be expected to go to war against those that attack our allies, should we join?'

'YES, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE MANDARINIAN EMPIRE, ANY WHO ATTACKS A MEMBER OF THE COLLECTIVE IS THEN CONSIDERED A THREAT TO BE CRUSHED BY THE COLLECTIVE. THE FOUNDERS WISH NO WAR TO BE MADE AGAINST THE MANDARINIAN EMPIRE, AND WANT NO MORE CONFLICT THAN INDIVIDUAL WARRIORS BEING REWARDED FOR EACH MANDARINIAN WARRIOR SLAIN.'

'Who are members of The Collective?'

'SEVERAL DOZEN BEE, WASP AND HORNET NATIONS, SEVERAL BEETLES HAVE SIGNED ON AS SMALL GROUPS OR INDIVIDUALS, AND MANY FLY AND DRAGONFLY SPECIES CLAIM MEMBERSHIP. I AM NOT AWARE OF THE SPECIFICS.'


What else should I ask?
>>
No. 41263 ID: fc832e

"Would one be able to use the facilities here without being a member of the Collective?"

Fellows, I grow increasingly weary of joining this organization.
>>
No. 41265 ID: 6164e0

>>41263
(I don't know why I have been using single quotes this whole time, switching to normal notations for speech.)

"Would one be able to use the facilities here without being a member of the Collective?"

"YES, BUT ONLY ESTABLISHED WARRIOR GUESTS, THOSE WHO HAVE SLAIN AT LEAST ONE MANDARINIAN WARRIOR, ARE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE FOOD PROVIDED IN THE GUEST CHAMBERS WITHOUT NEEDING TO PROVIDE SERVICES IN EXCHANGE."

Should I ask any more questions, or should we do something else?
>>
No. 41267 ID: fc832e

I've had my questions answered, though of I imagine there are others who have concerns. Barring that, I'd recommend retiring to the guest chambers to discuss the matter of joining these people.

See you fellows in Quest-Dis!
>>
No. 41273 ID: 6164e0

(If anyone has further questions for Santana, now is the time, otherwise post what Scars of Yesterday and co. should go do)
>>
No. 41274 ID: ed8d8a

The only contingency I was not clear on is what happens if a member of the collective escalates conflict with the Mandarinian Empire
>>
No. 41275 ID: 6faa8c

>>41273
"One last question: Can one leave the Collective after joining?"
>>
No. 41278 ID: 6164e0

>>41275

"Can a member leave the collective at a later date?"

"NOT OF THEIR OWN VOLITION. THERE ARE REPERCUSSIONS."

Santana seems unwilling to elaborate on what these repercussions are.

>>41274
"What happens if a member of The Collective starts a war with the Mandarinian Empire?"

"THEY ARE REMOVED FROM THE COLLECTIVE, AND A BOUNTY IS PLACED ON THEM."


What should we do now?
>>
No. 41279 ID: 708a16

>>41278
Any currently outstanding bounties that we might hunt up?
>>
No. 41283 ID: 6164e0

>>41279

"Any currently outstanding bounties?"

"THERE IS A REWARD OF (50 units of Bohemian Rhapsody) OFFERED FOR ERADICATING THE KILLER BEE HIVE TO THE WEST, DEEPER IN THE FOREST. SEVERAL OF THEM HAVE VALIANCE. THERE ARE NO OTHER CURRENTLY OUTSTANDING BOUNTIES OFFERED AT THE MOMENT."


What should we do?
>>
No. 41284 ID: fc832e

Well fellows, I think it's about that time. We've gotten the information we need, but this is a big matter. Do we join the Collective, yes or no. I imagine it'll come down to a vote, like most major things here.

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit, but I have to depart shortly and would like to have my vote in all the same.

Hell no! Forget this Collective! We've done just fine on our own so far and we'll continue to do so! We retain the benefits of the Fight Song all the same. No reason to lash ourselves down with unnecessary rules and regulations, no reason to become subservient to some anonymous entity like the Founders. I'd see us have no part of such a thing! Glory to KILLER QUEEN! Glory to Crescent!

And that said, I bid you adieu. I expect good things in the future, gentlemen.
>>
No. 41287 ID: 6faa8c

>>41284
AGREED VEHEMENTLY.

Seriously, the only major threat to us is the BEEEEES. And those BEEEEEES are in the Collective. Fuck that shit.
>>
No. 41290 ID: 43d730

>>41284
Let's clean out the bank and return to our queen, she needs to hear this.
>>
No. 41291 ID: c91586

>>41284
Agreed. The only advantage to joining the collective was to help with taking out the Mandalorians (or whatever), but now we find out that isn't going to happen, so yes: fuck that shit indeed.
>>
No. 41292 ID: ed8d8a

>>41287
> bees - collective

wait, what? which bees? only bees we have seen are the mandarinian empire and the ones selling honey in the bazaar.
>>
No. 41296 ID: 6164e0

>>41290
(Psst. How do you plan to return? It was a decent length flight to get here, and Wings of Destiny cannot carry everyone and the stuff at the bank. Hm, maybe you could find transportation at the Bazaar.

Also reminder: Currently, The Metal is aware you have killed a warrior of the Mandarinian Empire. Leaving him alone with that information could come back to bite you in the ass. JUST SAYING.)
>>
No. 41307 ID: f78140

>>41296
as scars, we don't get to decide to join or not; that's KILLER QUEEN's call.

i suggest followup on the eat metal's victims thing. if enough agree, watch one of metal's fights, then decide from there, but make a note to fight him sooner rather than later, regardless.
>>
No. 41311 ID: 6164e0

>>41307
(So, to The Fight Song, hunt down crippled fighters who tried to fight The Metal?)
>>
No. 41320 ID: ed8d8a

I wanna know why we keep putting off challenging The Metal anyway. It always seems to be the second or third thing on the todo list, but it never moves up. END HIM.
>>
No. 41324 ID: 6164e0

>>41320

...The Metal has threatened you, kept you from fighting in The Fight Song, and is a part of the same Empire that attacked Crescent.

He must die.

I journey to The Fight Song. I see the crippled individuals that tried to oppose The Metal. Grunge, Punk Rock, New Wave, Techno, The Metal destroyed them all.


Should I challenge The Metal now, or should I talk to the broken warriors first?
>>
No. 41328 ID: ed8d8a

>>41324
Not that I think doing so is a grand idea, but if you must approach these broken souls, tact is your friend. Tell them it is your desire to Destroy The Metal, and ask if there is anything they can offer to help you, to exact some measure of vengeance for their pain.

Under no circumstances should you walk up and go "Hey, can I eat you so I can fight the Metal?" or anything like it.
>>
No. 41329 ID: 43d730

>>41324
Watch one of his fights.
>>
No. 41331 ID: 06fc25

Speak with the broken warriors first. If they have families or dependents perhaps we can offer them sanctuary at Crescent in return.
>>
No. 41338 ID: 6164e0

>>41329
Flash finds me in short order after I arrive, and she informs me that The Metal has not been challenged in my absence. It seems most fighters shy away from The Metal.

>>41327

I do not pity these maimed warriors. They fought, and they lost. The strong get to do as they will with the weak. Nevertheless, they might know something about The Metal that may prove useful. I walk up to them, their attention focused on me. They remember me.

'I intend to challenge The Metal and slay the warrior. I wish to know if you have learned anything of value about The Metal in your fights with him.'

'...The Metal has but one Valiance, but the one is enough. The Metal is durable, almost unbelievably so. Just his wings are as hard as many fighter's carapaces, and his body itself is so fortified that so far none who have fought against the monster could wound The Metal.'
'Once more we recommend that you not challenge The Metal. You will die, just as others have.'

The cowards are broken in spirit as well as body. Still, the warrior we fought in Crescent was already exceptionally well armored, for The Metal to be even more durable....

>>41331
>>41328
(If you want to broach this subject to the crippled warriors, write the proposed dialogue up. It will be hard to convince them, so choose your words wisely.)


What should I say/do?
>>
No. 41355 ID: fc832e

Hmm. Sorry, a brief aside. I can't seem to find the information about what qualifies one to enter the Fight Song. Might it be possible for our friend Wings of Destiny to get a battle in?
>>
No. 41356 ID: 6faa8c

>>41355
Actually... Wings doesn't fall under Metal's dealie, right? She wasn't even around when we killed that abomination.
>>
No. 41359 ID: 6164e0

>>41356
(This is true. Any member of your honor guard could in theory enter The Fight Song. However, seeing as they are all ants without Valiance, they won't have as easy of a time [comperatively] to Scars of Yesterday.)
>>
No. 41360 ID: ed8d8a

>>41320
>>41355

SEE? SEE WHAT I MEAN? There's always one more thing to do before we fight him.
>>
No. 41361 ID: 6faa8c

>>41359
Then Wings shall earn her Valiance!

And we can bet on her!

WOOOOO
>>
No. 41364 ID: 6faa8c

>>41360
Hush you. We all know the Metal is going to be That One Boss, so we need to prepare, extensively.
>>
No. 41371 ID: fc832e

>>41359

Hmm. Then I propose this. Let's say we have our friend Wings of Destiny fight a bit, start real low, let her get a bout or two in and maybe grab a valiance. I wouldn't dare such a thing with the others, since without a heroic quality I don't think they fare much of a chance.

But let's say we had a larger plan in mind. Wings of Destiny battles until The Metal stops her with a challenge. Then we have someone, say Flash, decline the offer, saying something like, "Oh, but mere ants such as we stand no chance against such a mighty warrior. We are but ants, after all, individually weak. Of course, were you to battle us as a whole, you wouldn't stand the slightest chance. No, we shall surrender pre-emptively."

Hopefully, The Metal takes the bait here, wounded by the confidence of these obviously inferior creatures, and accepts a challenge from the entirety of the Crescent retinue. This gives us an improved chance of victory and exposes some of our fellows to incredible adversity, a pre-requisite to gaining Valiance and Heroic status.
>>
No. 41375 ID: 6164e0

>>41361
(Okay, VOTAN TIME: Have Wings of Destiny enter The Fight Song, have Scars of Yesterday try to persuade the crippled fighters to offer up their lives to fight The Metal (Will require dialogue to be written up, or have Scars of Yesterday challenge The Metal.)
>>
No. 41378 ID: 6164e0

>>41371
(The Metal only displays special interest in those that have killed warriors of The Mandarinian Empire, and Scars of Yesterday is the only ant to have done so.)
>>
No. 41379 ID: fc832e

Vote for Wings fighting.

Also, I realize my plan is a bit underhanded, thus why I suggest Flash. I think a scout would be a bit more willing to do such a thing. Mmm. Again, I'm off.
>>
No. 41385 ID: ed8d8a

>>41375
I vote for fighting The Metal next, though with a break for eating some BR first, as it is reported to make one stronger in a nonspecific way. My hope is that by consuming enough, our body will become better able to withstand the strain of our abilities.
>>
No. 41388 ID: 6faa8c

>>41379
Votan for wings
>>
No. 41390 ID: 708a16

Voting for Scars trying to pursuade the crippled fighters. And I've got dialogue written up ahead of time if that option takes the majority.
>>
No. 41404 ID: 6164e0

>>41390
(You know what, go ahead and post that dialogue. After that, Wings of Destiny is going to enter The Fight Song as the majority vote winner)
>>
No. 41409 ID: 708a16

>>41404
(Righto then. I'm not much of a writer by trade, but I tried to at least give it an inspirational feel.)

"Look at you all. Beaten. Broken. Trodden down by a bully of the Empire. Left with nothing, not even your warriors' hearts. Now look at The Metal. A wretched, abominable creature that relies on intimidation, on terror and cruelty to keep others from becoming everything they could be. Not just you, but myself as well. But I refuse to cower under his threats any longer! I will rise up and fight! Not just for myself, but for my entire colony! If you were whole and strong, would you not seek to do the same? Would you not make the least attempt to squash this enforcer of tyranny, if you had the strength, even if it meant your end? I will. And it is because I have that strength that I ask you for yours. All I ask is for what you have already had taken from you in every way but one - your lives. Your shattered, powerless lives. And in return, I can offer you immortality, a means to live on, remembered as part of the one who will once and for all crush The Metal and his dishonorable ways! What else have you to live for? As you are now, you are but shadows of what you were and could have been. But give of yourselves to me, and you may yet go on to be part of something glorious! You can live on, through me, and be heirs to triumph after triumph after triumph! This vengeance is what I can offer you, this and asylum to any you may leave behind, to join my colony and so as well become part of a greater whole in turn. It is such a little thing to give up, when you have nothing left to live for. But if some fire still stirs in your hearts, if some desire to be avenged still burns within, then this is what I ask of you, wounded warriors...do you wish to end your lives pitied and crawling? Or will you choose to fight, one last time, and die standing?"
>>
No. 41413 ID: 6164e0

>>41409

"Look at you all. Beaten. Broken. Trodden down by a bully of the Empire. Left with nothing, not even your warriors' hearts. Now look at The Metal. A wretched, abominable creature that relies on intimidation, on terror and cruelty to keep others from becoming everything they could be. Not just you, but myself as well. But I refuse to cower under his threats any longer! I will rise up and fight! Not just for myself, but for my entire colony! If you were whole and strong, would you not seek to do the same? Would you not make the least attempt to squash this enforcer of tyranny, if you had the strength, even if it meant your end? I will. And it is because I have that strength that I ask you for yours. All I ask is for what you have already had taken from you in every way but one - your lives. Your shattered, powerless lives. And in return, I can offer you immortality, a means to live on, remembered as part of the one who will once and for all crush The Metal and his dishonorable ways! What else have you to live for? As you are now, you are but shadows of what you were and could have been. But give of yourselves to me, and you may yet go on to be part of something glorious! You can live on, through me, and be heirs to triumph after triumph after triumph! This vengeance is what I can offer you, this and asylum to any you may leave behind, to join my colony and so as well become part of a greater whole in turn. It is such a little thing to give up, when you have nothing left to live for. But if some fire still stirs in your hearts, if some desire to be avenged still burns within, then this is what I ask of you, wounded warriors...do you wish to end your lives pitied and crawling? Or will you choose to fight, one last time, and die standing?"

The broken creatures seem taken aback. Techno is particular looks very thoughtful, and New Wave looks uncertain how to respond. Grunge and Punk Rock, however, seem unconvinced.

'We have our lives, and we can eat at the guest chambers. It is not a glorious life, but it suffices. Besides, what makes you think you can beat The Metal? We are in no way the only ones struck down by that warrior. What gives you such confidence that you could win?'


How should I respond?
>>
No. 41419 ID: 6faa8c

Writan now...
>>
No. 41420 ID: 708a16

"He goes about his way unchallenged and unpunished for his actions. This will have made him overconfident, especially when confronted by one whom he considers easy prey. His hubris will be his undoing, for although he may be strong, he is not exempt from acting foolishly, or immune to a wounded pride once his ideas of superiority are broken by a fierce combatant such as myself. He will grow angry that I am not so easily beaten, and that will cause him to become incautious, opening further avenues for my attacks. His broken pride will let me break his body."
>>
No. 41421 ID: 6faa8c

"I am Scars of Yesterday. I will not stop until either he or I am dead. There is no gaurantee of victory, but only a chance, one that grows with your help."
>>
No. 41430 ID: ed8d8a

If all he has is armor, then I have a chance. His armor has made him overconfident, but he is not invincible. I believe I posses a Valiance which can defeat The Metal in the right circumstances, my concern is only that I stay in the fight long enough to get that chance.
>>
No. 41433 ID: 6164e0

>>41420
"He goes about his way unchallenged and unpunished for his actions. This will have made him overconfident, especially when confronted by one whom he considers easy prey. His hubris will be his undoing, for although he may be strong, he is not exempt from acting foolishly, or immune to a wounded pride once his ideas of superiority are broken by a fierce combatant such as myself. He will grow angry that I am not so easily beaten, and that will cause him to become incautious, opening further avenues for my attacks. His broken pride will let me break his body."

Techno seems to be listening with great intensity to my loquacious speech, and New Wave seems less uncertain, more willing to listen to what I have to say. So, it seems that some of them still have a warrior's pride, and would be willing to be sacrificed if it meant the demise of the one that broke them and so many others.

Grunge and Punk Rock, however, seem to cling to their pathetic transient existance, but they are losing confidence.

'And who are you to be so sure you can best The Metal? You are just an ant, no matter how hard you try, you can't beat The Metal.' Their retort has taken on a pitiful whine, as if this belief in The Metal's absolute strength is the only thing keeping them sane.

>>41421
"I am Scars of Yesterday, Hero of Crescent, Champion of KILLER QUEEN. I will not stop until either he or I am dead. There is no gaurantee of victory, but I will drag that monster down to the earth and kill The Metal, no matter the cost."

I know you are supposed to return safely to KILLER QUEEN, she ordered me to do so.

I promised her that I would return.

But The Metal knows of my existance, that I slew a warrior of the Empire. It is not so far fetched to imagine this knowledge, combined with the loss of a warrior in the field of flowers you call home, leading to the Empire finding your queen. I must protect her. I must kill The Metal, before he can become a threat to my queen.

The resolve, the absolute dedication to my goal, moves the broken warriors. They look at me for a long time, saying nothing.

Finally, Grunge looks to his fellows, who all nod, before turning back to me.

"....Then let it be so. I am tired of being looked at with pity and scorn, of being hobbled, so much weaker than I was before. Do with us as you will.'

Punk Rock looks to me, struggling to raise his head with his broken back.

"Just promise us that you'll kill The Metal, please. .....Its all we have left, our hate of that vile fighter."

A promise. So ironic, that I risk breaking my promise to KILLER QUEEN, only to be faced with others who wish me to swear something. No matter. I am commited to this course. I can only hope I survive, and don't dissapoint KILLER QUEEN by dying in this quest of mine.

"I promise that nothing will stop me from killing that monster."

NEGOTIATION SUCCESS! It seems the four broken warriors will let you kill them and eat them when you fight The Metal! They will wait here until such time you challenge The Metal!


What should we do?
>>
No. 41434 ID: 6164e0

>>41430
(sorry, started writing a response before you posted that and missed it.)

>>41433
>I know you are supposed to return safely to KILLER QUEEN, she ordered me to do so.
Should be:
>I know I am supposed to return safely to KILLER QUEEN, she ordered me to do so.
>>
No. 41435 ID: ed8d8a

>>41434
sokay, I knew I was going to be pushing it when I started writing that. You update really fast.

Anyway, nod thankful acknowledgment. I guess the vote was that we were having Wings fight now? We should probably bet on that fight and see what other low level fighters are around right now.
>>
No. 41438 ID: 6164e0

>>41435

I nod my thanks to the crippled warriors, pleased to have been able to remind them of what they were, breaking them free of this existence of weakness and fear.

I step over to my honor guard, and turn towards Wings of Destiny.

'I wish for you to participate in The Fight Song, to try and gain a Valiance of your own. Will you do it?'

Wings of Destiny rapidly folds her wings this way and that, her antenna twitching wildly.

'O-of course! Anything for you... I mean, Of course, Scars of Yesterday. I shall... do as you say!'

....She seems oddly happy I requested this.

No matter. She was once a They Might Be Giants, and still retains the durable body from her earlier form. She should be able to do well.

VIEWPOINT HAS SWITCHED TO WINGS OF DESTINY

Oh, I'm so happy! Scars of yesterday needs me!

I go to one of those little creatures that seem to run this place, hoping to find a fight to make him proud!

'Greetings, honored guest! This on-'

'I wish to fight!' I blurt out, still excited that Scars of Yesterday finally has a task that only I can fulfill.

'Certainly, honored guest! Does honored guest have a Valiance?'

'No, no I don't.'

'Understood, honored guest. These are the opponents available at the moment to challenge.'

Spanish Rose (Prize: 1 unit Bohemian Rhapsody)
Purple Haze (Prize: 2 units Bohemian Rhapsody)
White and Nerdy (Prize: 3 units of Bohemian Rhapsody)
Black Parade (Prize: 5 units of Bohemian Rhapsody)
Hammertime (Prize: 9 units bohemian Rhapsody)
Master Exploder (Prize: 10 units Bohemian Rhapsody)
Detharmonic (Prize: 11 units Bohemian Rhapsody)
The Metal (Prize: 16 units Bohemian Rhapsody)


Umm.... who should I challenge?
>>
No. 41439 ID: 6faa8c

>>41438
Spanish Rose, why not?
>>
No. 41449 ID: 6164e0

>>41439
Oh! Voices in my head?

Ummm.... I don't know if that would impress Scars of Yesterday. And he did say he wants me to try and get a Valiance, and he fought that T.B. Sheets fellow (Scars was so brave!) and he didn't have a Valiance and had a prize higher than Spanish Rose!

Umm.... but if you voices are sure...

Are you sure?
>>
No. 41450 ID: 708a16

>>41449
Well, Scars also has a few extra tricks, remember? Best to start slow, girlie, get a measure of yourself and the quality of the opposition before running headlong into things.
>>
No. 41451 ID: 4cdade

>>41449
You have something to prove. You want to make Scars proud. Go for Purple Haze.
>>
No. 41459 ID: 6164e0

>>41450
Aww... but I really want to impress him. But you are right, I'm not nearly as awesome as Scars of Yesterday is...

>>41451
Oh! That would work, I think!

'Um... I want to fight Purple Haze, please!'

'Certainly, honored guest. This one would like to know if you are fighting for Fun or Food.'

Ohohoh! I remember this! This is whether you get a prize, right? And... um.... Fun fights you can surrender, right? But if you kill your foe before they surrender, you get to eat them anyway!


Okay, voices, which should I do?
>>
No. 41461 ID: 6faa8c

>>41459
Food!
>>
No. 41462 ID: 6164e0

>>41461
Right! That way I can get Bohemian Rhapsody and stuff!

'For food!'

'Certainly, honored guest. This way...'

Okay, I follow the little guy now, right? OK!

(You now have a chance to choose what, if anything, Scars of Yesterday bets on the fight.)
>>
No. 41495 ID: 708a16

>>41462
Just BR that's available as gambling currency, I'm assuming?
>>
No. 41499 ID: 6164e0

>>41495
(Nope. Any food can be bet.)
>>
No. 41501 ID: 6faa8c

>>41462
3 BR.
>>
No. 41503 ID: 708a16

>>41462
Might as well bet T.B. Sheets' carcass too, I suppose, since it's just been sitting there in the bank all this time.
>>
No. 41511 ID: 6164e0
File 125264137817.jpg - (405.66KB , 1095x736 , Purple Haze.jpg )
41511

>>41501
>>41503
(Scars of Yesterday bets 3 units of Bohemian Rhapsody and T.B. Sheets' carcass on Wings of Destiny's fight against Purple Haze. Apparently the odds are 2:1 against her.)

Ok, I followed the little green creature down a tunnel, and I am in a big chamber now, like the ones Scars of Yesterday has fought in.

I guess that one over there is Purple Haze. Umm... she looks my size, give or take.

The little green creature says some words about the fight, but it doesn't matter, since the only important part is that this is to the death.


Um.... okay, voices, what should I do?
>>
No. 41528 ID: 06fc25

Purple Haze suggests some sort of pheromone based valiance. Keep your wits about you.
>>
No. 41530 ID: 6faa8c

>>41511
>2:1 AGAINST

Dohohohoho...

Alright, we need to take stock of him... how manueverable are you in the air, Wings? Take to the sky, out of her reach.
>>
No. 41533 ID: 708a16

>>41511
Take to the air and see if you can knock Haze over with a diving attack.
>>
No. 41538 ID: 6164e0

>>41530
Okay. I can do that.

I jump into the air as soon as the little green creature leaves, my wings buzzing in the air.

Um... I guess i can maneuver okay, I can go in pretty much any direction, but not as fast as some fliers.

>>41533
Okay!

I get some elevation and dive at Purple Haze.

...Huh? She's opening her shell a bit. What is that powder coming out of her?
>>
No. 41539 ID: 708a16

>>41538
Pull up! Pull up! Evasive action!
>>
No. 41548 ID: 06fc25

Close your spiracles and dive bomb her open shell. She's vulnerable, and a quick decisive win will impress Scars.
>>
No. 41557 ID: 6164e0

>>41539
OH, OH! UM, OKAY!

>>41548
...I do really want to impress Scars of Yesterday..

Um... I'm closing my spiracles for a bit, I don't know how long I can hold my breath.

I smash into Purple Haze's back, jamming her shell closed with the impact.


Um... I need air soon, so what should I do? Some of the powder stuff is in the air around me.
>>
No. 41559 ID: 6faa8c

>>41548
CLOSE DEM SPIRACLES

DO NOT BREATH UNTIL YOU ARE CERTAIN YOU ARE FREE OF THE FUCKING CLOUD.
>>
No. 41565 ID: 708a16

>>41557
Get in a few good thumps and then get airborne again so you're out of the cloud.
>>
No. 41566 ID: 6faa8c

>>41565
Yes, take an antenna with you, if not the whole head.
>>
No. 41569 ID: 6164e0

>>41565
O-okay!

I bite at Purple Haze's head and neck, but her carapace guards the joints too well.


Um... I think I need to breathe soon. Unless you have some specific spot I should attack, I need to get some air.
>>
No. 41572 ID: 6faa8c

>>41569
Flare your wings as hard as you can, blow that stuff away. If that doesn't work, take to the air again.
>>
No. 41576 ID: 6164e0

>>41566
Oh, okay!

I grab one of Purple Haze's antenna in my jaws, and wrench it out. That seemed to hurt her!

Okay, I'm getting airborne again, I need some air.

I'm pretty far away now, it should be safe to breathe, right? I open my spiracles.

Aaah... that's nice.

Huh? the room is spinning some. I'm having some trouble with my balance.

...Oh no! Some of the powder got on me! It isn't much, but I am definitely feeling strange.

...It's getting kinda hard to concentrate.


...What...what should I do, voices? I'm confused.
>>
No. 41579 ID: 6faa8c

>>41576
FFFFFFUCK.

Fine, you used to be a Giants, right? Well, time to put that to use. Take a deep breath and go in again, except this time, go as low as you can and try to flip her over!
>>
No. 41593 ID: 6164e0

>>41579
...Okay!

I try to fly low, but instead I stumble into the ground. Flying is hard right now....

But I stand up, and charge at Purple Haze! I have to show my worth to Scars of Yesterday!

..I am still disoriented, but it's easier to stay focused when I don't have to fly.

I ram Purple Haze, butting heads with her! Hah, she is also having trouble without that antenna!

Okay, I grab her mandibles with my own to keep her from biting me.

Flip her, right? Okay.

I set my legs, digging them in, and heave.

Slowly, slowly, I get her off the ground. Okay, I'm holding her in the air now by her head!


...Um... she's opening her shell again..... What should I do?
>>
No. 41601 ID: 6faa8c

>>41593
ANT SUPLEX

Seriously, Flash those wings, flip over backwards, and slam her into the ground as hard as you can!
>>
No. 41612 ID: 6164e0

>>41601
Okay!

I start my wings buzzing as hard as I can as I wrench my head back, whipping Purple Haze through the air! I let go of the ground while pushing off, and fold my wings shut as I start falling backwards.

With a hefty impact, I slam Purple Haze into the ground as hard as I can, still clinging to her jaws with my own.

Oh! That seemed to have shoved her shell shut again, she couldn't release any more of that powder that makes it hard to balance or think.

...Um, I hit her pretty hard, but she's still moving. We are both upside down, and I am still holding her with my jaws against her own.
What should I do now, voices?
>>
No. 41614 ID: 6faa8c

>>41612
Flip aright as hard as you can, twist off her neck.
>>
No. 41617 ID: 708a16

>>41614
This. RIP AND TEAR
>>
No. 41619 ID: 6164e0

>>41614
Um... I'm not sure how well I can do that with my balance off, but okay!

I start heaving my body in a spin, trying to get upright again.

Oh! My jaws slipped! I'm not holding onto Purple Haze anymore, but at least I'm upright and she's not!


Okay, what should I do now?
>>
No. 41622 ID: 6faa8c

>>41619
rip into her underside!
>>
No. 41646 ID: 6164e0

>>41622
Right! Her belly is exposed!

I leap onto Purple Haze, and jostle her back down midway through her attempt to right herself.

Her head and neck are still well protected by her carapace, but her body isn't!

I tear into her abdomen, ripping out big chunks. I hope I'm impressing Scars of Yesterday!

Oh? She's rocking about pretty vilently to try to through me off, and with my balance off, I don't know if I can resist her.


What should I do?
>>
No. 41662 ID: 6faa8c

>>41646
DON'T LET HER UP!

Take a leg while you're there! maybe two.
>>
No. 41673 ID: 6164e0

>>41662
Alright!

I angle my head to the side and grab a leg.

Hmm... her legs are a lot more durable and hard to pull or cut out. But I manage to get one out after some effort is applied!

...In the process, purple haze slides out from under me.


What should I do?
>>
No. 41682 ID: 708a16

Ram her while she's still off-balance!
>>
No. 41686 ID: 6faa8c

Get on her back IMMEDIATLY. Those spores should never see the light of day ever again.
>>
No. 41690 ID: 6164e0

>>41682
>>41686
Why don't I do both?

I rush over towards Purple Haze, slamming my head into her side.

But I don't stop. I keep sprinting, pushing Purple Haze on her shell as fast as I can. She tries to get up or open her shells, but the bumpy journey and the missing antenna and leg make it too difficult.

I slam her into the wall at full speed, and as she rebounds back towards me I leap onto her, wrapping my long legs around her, pinning her shell shut.

I tear into her belly again, and with her legs and shell pinned, there isn't much she can do.

In short order, I've ripped her abdomen to pieces, and she is dead before me.

I did good right? I impressed Scars of Yesterday, didn't I? I fought as hard as I could!


Okay, what should I do now?
>>
No. 41702 ID: 6faa8c

>>41690
DELICIOUS VALIANCE, YOU MUST EAT IT.
>>
No. 41711 ID: 6164e0

>>41702
Right, Valiance!

I feast on Purple Haze, gorging myself.

....Whats this, I fee some sort of bulges near where my wings meet my body. Is this a Valiance?

!!NOTICE!! Wings of Destiny has gained the Valiance: Purple Haze. This Valiance allows her to produce a powder that upon inhalation causes individuals to have impaired reactions and balance, with the effect growing as more of the powder is inhaled.

Okay, I got a Valiance (I think)!


What should I do now?
(stopping here for the night, will pick up again tomorrow, probably in the morning. Go ahead and post suggestions for Wings Of Destiny while I sleep, though, I'll check them when I get back. Also, as voices in her head, you can attempt to encourage her towards general trains of thought or behavior.)
>>
No. 41911 ID: 6164e0

Okay, I'm going back up the tunnel to the main chamber, that's where the winner is supposed to go, right? I think I did alright, didn't I?

...Oh! Scars of Yesterday is there! Hehe... he looks happy, I hope I made him proud.

A-anyway, I make my way to the pedastal with all the little green creatures on it, and one hops over to me shortly.

"Congratulations, honored guest! You are now listed as a fighter with Valiance, and qualify for certain special events when they appear. This one would like to know if honored guest would like to fight again?"

"U-um, I was wondering where the prize is."

"Your prize for winning the fight is being held in the banks on the levels above."

Oh, right, that's what they did with Scars of Yesterday's prizes, right?

Ah! Speaking of him, he's talking to the little creatures himself now!

"And so, I have won the bet I place, correct?"

"That is correct, honored guest! The additional food has been transferred to your account."

"Very good then."

Oh-oh-oh, did he bet on me? He was that confident I would win? Th-that makes me happy....

Hm? He's looking at me somewhat strangely, why is he-AH, I'm gold! I mean, I'm golden, my body changed color!

.....I'm more like Scars of Yesterday now, eh-he-he!

VIEWPOINT HAS REVERTED TO: SCARS OF YESTERDAY

So. It seems Wings Of Destiny has a Valiance now. Excellent. She shall be of great use to KILLER QUEEN, now that she has changed so. My queen shall be pleased, I think, when I return with her.

....Well. It seems I have accomplished all my goals here in The Collective.

Save one.

The Metal.


What should I do?
>>
No. 41961 ID: 954933

>>41911
Though I know it's very much reliant on genre-savviness and OOC knowledge, I wish we could give Wings a lecture on absolutely not sacrificing herself for Scars, should it come up. :/ I like her.

Anyways, back on track - I liked the previous idea about trying to provoke The Metal into a group fight. How much BR did we win in that bet, anyways?
>>
No. 41975 ID: c68b15

>>41961
We'll just have to do our best to make sure she doesn't get killed when the time comes.


As for killing The Metal... we need to get those Valiances promised by the cripples. Did we ever find out what they are? And will they only let us eat them immediately before fighting? Seems we could use some time to practice with the new powers...
>>
No. 41978 ID: 6164e0

>>41961

I head up to the bank above, and check what my winnings are.

...Hm, it seems I got an additional (3 units of Bohemian Rhapsody) bringing my total to (18 units of Bohemian Rhapsody), and Wings Of Destiny now has (2 units of Bohemian Rhapsody), bringing our collective total to (20 units of Bohemian Rhapsody).

And it seems that I was awarded (10 units of honey) for wagering T.B. Sheets' corpse. Hm. Smells quite nice, actually.


What should I do?
>>
No. 41979 ID: 6164e0

>>41975
(They will let you claim their lives only once you have chosen to fight The Metal. They have some faith in you, but want to be sure you won't just chicken out after eating them.)
>>
No. 41983 ID: 43d730

>>41978
Wasn't Metallica looking for honey earlier?
>>
No. 41985 ID: c68b15

>>41978
I say we let WoD eat some of the BR to make her stronger. Like 5 or so.

Or we could try trading at the bazaar for a Valiance. Our options seem to be dwindling before the boss fight. We could have WoD fight another round.
>>
No. 41989 ID: 6164e0

>>41983
(Indeed he was, and only a few minutes have passed)
>>
No. 42003 ID: 43d730

>>41989
But there is, technically, no reason to give it to him other than to curry favor.
Trade it for BR? Eh.
Wait...
He regenerates.
This probably isn't enough honey, but could we, theoretically, try taking limbs off things and eating them to copy their valiance?
>>
No. 42007 ID: 6164e0

>>42003
(You can attempt to copy Valiances by eating a limb of an existing creature is there is a Valiance localized in the limb. Metallica has none localized in his legs. And I don't think he would like having his appendages ripped off as food.)
>>
No. 42031 ID: 6164e0

(Still need someone to suggest what Scars of Yesterday should do.)
>>
No. 42052 ID: f78140

>>42031
there really is only one choice at this point. it's time to challenge the Metal and eat the 4 broken warriors.
>>
No. 42057 ID: ed8d8a

>>42052
agreed, though I still think eating some BR might help. I AM sort of curious about the quantity of food these ants seem to be capable of holding though.
>>
No. 42058 ID: 6164e0

>>42057
(Post an amount in units that you propose Scars Of Yesterday will consume.)
>>
No. 42060 ID: 954933

>>42058
Let's not eat too much - we don't want Scars going drugged up into this. That seems like a really bad idea, and we haven't eaten enough to build up a tolerance. Let's just eat enough to fill us up and get a mild buzz - 3-5 at most? (Feel free to correct me if I've misremembered the effects of previous meals.)
>>
No. 42070 ID: 9091b9

>>42060
Actually, you kinda have. The narcotic effect only affects his higher level thinking, leaving his fighting ability completely unaffected.

Nevertheless, I think 5 ought to be plenty so long as it's immediately before the fight.
>>
No. 42075 ID: 6164e0
File 125269524534.jpg - (63.08KB , 800x600 , The Metal Stands Before You.jpg )
42075

>>42060
>>42070
I withdraw (5 units of Bohemian Rhapsody), and consume them as preparation for what I am to do. I feel a new-found suppleness in my spiracles, and wonder if I might find more ease in use with Aerosmith. I only feel slightly intoxicated, but it is more a sharpening of focus, a removal of distractions. My mind is filled with the thought of my coming foe, and immense anticipation. I see now why Metallica said this was a true warrior's food, to raise ones tension and tighten the reflexes. I am thankful I chose to do this.

>>42052
It is time.

The Metal shall fall before me.

I will feast upon him to protect KILLER QUEEN.

I walk to the pedestal, attracting the attention of one of the identical tiny creatures.

"Yes, Honored guest? What can this one do for you?"
"I wish to fight The Metal. For Food."

The little creature tilts it's head to the side fractionally, it's antenna waving. Abruptly several other of the creatures hop off, spreading pheromone messages.

"Special Event! Special Event! A new fighter, Scars Of Yesterday, has challenged The Metal to a fight for Food! Come one, come all, see someone challenge The Metal, representative of the Mandarinian Empire!"

The one before me addresses me after the flurry of traveling town criers moves away.

"One moment, while we prepare a larger arena and give guests time to arrive."
"Very well."

So, this is to be a spectacle, a grand event. What a stage to fight on. It shall be glorious, to show the strength of KILLER QUEEN to so many. But first....

But first, the broken warriors' sacrifice. I move over to the spot they occupy, huddled against a wall. They seem..... calm, more at peace then they did before. Perhaps there was still a part of them that thought I might be false, that I was just a flickering mirage of salvation for them. That part has been excised, and they can finally see a world where The Metal is no longer able to maim and terrorize the smaller fighters, and find serenity in that thought.

They each bow their heads to me, exposing their necks to me. I have some measure of respect for them now, now that they have finally decided on what their lives are worth, and so I make it quick, decapitating each one by one with my sharp mandibles. Even as they fall, the only scent radiating out of them is gratitude, a heartfelt thanks for being willing to risk myself for their pride, no matter that I do it for my queen.

I consume them in a solemn moment, eating diligently as crowds of insects start flooding into The Fight Song to come witness my battle.

!!NOTICE!!: Scars of Yesterday has eaten the last vestiges of Valiance in the four fallen warriors, and in so doing, has caused STONER SUNSHINE to be transformed, maturing into the Advanced Valiance: CRY OF THE BRAVE! It's effective range has increased, and CRY OF THE BRAVE LVs[0.5-1] can now be used without fear of Lethargy, and all rolls involved with any use of CRY OF THE BRAVE get a bonus of 1!

I feel...more power in my mandibles, and the sides of my jaws thicken somewhat, the mechanisms that control my mandibles' movement developing, strengthening and improving.

I wear the fallen warriors' sacrifice as a badge of pride as I march back to the pedestal, where the creature that initiated the flurry of activity earlier seem to be waiting for me.

"Honored guest, please follow this one. It is time, and the chamber is ready."

Wings of Destiny, resplendent with her new golden hue, hesitantly steps forward.

"...We'll be cheering for you, as loud as we can."

This thought....gladdens me, but I know not why. My honor guard departs into the sea of audience members to-be.

Well, it is time. I follow the creature into the very chamber I watched Metallica fight The Big O in. In fact, I recognize the lumbering behemoth in the crowd, some honey in his jaws. Excellent, I can show the warrior how much I have improved since last I fought him.

The Metal stands before me now, several times my size and with his iridescent and metallic blue and purple carapace glows eerily in the soft red light of the room. My own body takes on a darker hue, like a blazing fire. It seems that both of us will be exceptionally visible in this fight.

"This one is pleased to welcome honored guests to this special event, Scars of Yesterday versus The Metal! This is a fight for food, so one this one departs, the match will not end until only one of the fighters is still alive! Enjoy the event!"

IT HAS BEGUN

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE?
>>
No. 42081 ID: 9091b9

>>42075
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

We didn't ask Flash for tips or hints on The Metal's fighting style.
>>
No. 42082 ID: ed8d8a

General strategy: We still have no indication of how fast or agile The Metal might be, so use caution. Test his defenses and reactions by pelting him with low level Cry of the Brave attacks, using Aerosmith to keep out of harm's reach. This will also serve to lull him into a false sense of security about the strength of our attacks. It will make him sloppy.
>>
No. 42083 ID: f78140

>>42081
the metal didn't fight at all while we were here. we got info from the broken warriors that the metal's single valiance is an incredibly thick carapace.
>>
No. 42084 ID: 06fc25

Ha. The New Kids on the Block are about to destroy The Metal.

Stay loose and stay fast. Do not let The Metal's mandibles anywhere near your neck. Use Aerosmith to dart to his side and try to hit one of his Wings with Unstoppable Impact.
>>
No. 42085 ID: 05dfab

This guy doesn't have any weak points.
So outmaneuver him with Aerosmith, get on his back and MAKE a weak point. Lets see if UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT lives up to its name.
>>
No. 42086 ID: 6faa8c

We must remember: Higher level Sto- er, Cries, can and will peirce armor.

Most explosives aren't about harm to the surface of the body anyway, it's the concussive blow turning thier innards to jelly...

Anyway, let him have the first shot. Keep those spiacles wide open so you can aerosmith at the last second, and land on top of him. He can't be hard as metal ALL OVER, after all!
>>
No. 42093 ID: ed8d8a

>>42086
Um, I'm pretty sure the whole idea is that yes, in fact, he can. His wings are harder than most insect shells.
>>
No. 42095 ID: f78140

one strategy to consider is using unstoppable impact to break a hole, and then crying into it.
>>
No. 42096 ID: 6faa8c

>>42093
Hurmph...
Well, getting on his back is usually half of how we win, ha;f the time, anyway.
>>
No. 42098 ID: 6faa8c

>>42095
We'll kill him like the first!

Impact the top of his head LEVEL FIVE CRY into the hole.
>>
No. 42099 ID: 6faa8c

>>42098
er, FOUR.
>>
No. 42100 ID: ed8d8a

>>42098
>>42099
no no, I like that other one better
>>
No. 42102 ID: 708a16

>>42098
Uh, using the max-power version has a chance to kill Scars outright, if I remember properly...
>>
No. 42105 ID: 6faa8c

>>42102
Only if we roll a 1. And with the +1 bonus, we'll only get lethargic.
>>
No. 42108 ID: 6164e0

(I tried to work in everyone's posts, hope it worked)
>>42105
(A roll of 1 using Cry of the Brave Lv[4] will still kill Scars of Yesterday at this point. He would need to become substantially more durable to remove that possibility)

>>42082
I open on of my mandibles open the moment the fight begins as I open my spiracles wide.

I dash forward at The Metal as fast as I can move my legs. The Metal was about to take off, and my sudden charge took him by surprise. The moment I start getting close to the range of his mandibles, I swing my jaw shut.

A brilliant light flashes through the chamber, briefly illuminating it like a brilliant sun, as a defeaning roar eachoes about.

CRY OF THE BRAVE LV[1]

The Metal recoils, his antenna flaring, but his durable carapace seems to have ablated most of the shock wave. He lunges at me as I finish opening my spiracles.

AEROSMITH

I streak through the air like a fiery comet, avoiding his jaws as I blast out of his range.

>>42084
>>42085

No, not enough, I only stunned him, I have to press the attack. My spiracles open wide once more, not protesting as much as they have in the past at such rapid use. I swing my legs akimbo to steady my aim as I prepare to dash into The Metal's flank and attack his wings.

AEROSMITH

I jet forward like a blazing star, darting to the wing nearest me. I alight on it, and without any hesitation I press a leg against it, opening the specialized spiracles on it.

UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT

I am hurled off from The Metal's wing as my leg rebounds firecely, but as I go whirling into the air, I hear a loud cracking noise echoing sharply through the chamber.

I open a few spiracles and use Aerosmith to stabilize myself in the air, and behold The Metal to have been shoved to the ground, the wing I hit peppered in long and thin cracks. But The Metal rights itself and with a furious drone begins to take to the sky. It seems the wing still functions.


I can still breathe easily, what should I do?
>>
No. 42109 ID: 6164e0

Current rules for Cry of the Brave

-If a Cry of the Brave is activated with only one mandible (termed Level 1 or 0.5 if the mandible is only opened partway), it will not cause Scars of Yesterday to become Lethargic.
- If a Cry of the Brave using two mandibles is employed, roll a d10. A roll of five or lower will induce the Lethargic Trait.
-If three mandibles are employed, Scars of Yesterday must roll a d10 and roll five or higher to stay conscious (Scars of Yesterday will still become Lethargic).
-If all four mandibles are employed, Scars of Yesterday must roll a d20 and beat a DC 15 challenge to stay conscious. If he rolls a 1, he dies.
-All rolls now gain a bonus of 1 to the roll, to be included when rolling the dice.
-The power of Cry of the Brave grows the more mandibles employed.
>>
No. 42110 ID: 708a16

>>42108
Batter him with another Cry of the Brave (Level 1) as he's taking off and maybe you can knock him back down. Commence anti-air fire!
>>
No. 42111 ID: 6164e0

>>42110
(too far away to have an effect, would need to get closer with Aerosmith to do this)
>>
No. 42115 ID: 6faa8c

>>42108
Wait for his assault, and dodge at the very last second with Aerosmith, up and over him. While in the air, launch a level 1 Cry down at him, aiming for the wing in particular.
>>
No. 42122 ID: 6164e0

>>42110
I let myself plummet back towards The Metal, using Aerosmith lightly to speed my descent.

As I near The Metal, I swing a mandible wide open.

The Metal surprises me by rotating in the air, and is almost turned to face me in a moment.

The mandible swings shut.

Again, a tiny sun briefly illuminates the cavern, and again a tremendous noise blasts through the area.

CRY OF THE BRAVE LV[1]

The Metal lists to the ground, his already cracked wing wobbling, but he recovers quickly, and rushes at me in a furious cacophony of buzzing.

>>42115
No, I will not be caught. My mind sharpened by the Bohemian Rhapsody, my body growing more used to the incredible acceleration Aerosmith imposes, I pull my spiracles open yet again.

AEROSMITH

Breathing... is getting a.. bit difficult.. but I can.. go on.

I soar through the air, a bundle of light zipping up and above The Metal.

I am above him, and I can see the injured wing.

A mandible clicks open.

It swings shut.

Once more, a blinding light flickers into existence while a furious noise drowns out all other sound for an instant.

CRY OF THE BRAVE LV[1]

Once more the wave hits The Metal in his injured wing, and once more he wobbles in the air.

Hmm...It seems that while he is airborne and his wings are in motion, I can't get close enough to cause any real damage with Cry of the Brave to them.

I am suspended in the air above the Metal, just barely outside of the span of his wings buzzing in the air. I am having some trouble breathing, but not any severe problems.
>>
No. 42126 ID: ed8d8a

Aerosmith into his back and use Unstoppable Impact at the moment of impact. Knock him to the ground and see if you can get a wing. Then it would be time to catch your breath.
>>
No. 42128 ID: 708a16

>>42122
CotB (1) at a point between his wings instead of directly at them, maybe the shockwave will flatten them long enough for you to land on his back.
>>
No. 42131 ID: 6164e0

>>42126
I press on. I can't let The Metal get his rhythm going, he is far too much bigger, stronger and more durable than me, I need to keep him off balance and hit him as much as I can right now.

My spiracles protest as I wrench them open for another Aerosmith.

I angle my body to dive at The Metal, and ready a leg as unto a spear, ready to release Unstoppable Impact the moment I hit it's back.

AEROSMITH

>>42128
As I hurtle downwards at The Metal, I swing a mandible open. Just as I near the bases of his wings, I swing it shut.

CRY OF THE BRAVE

The overwhelming blast of light and sound rocks through the chamber yet again, and I see The Metal's wings warp in the air, forced down and out of my path.

I feel my leg come into contact with his back.

UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT

I am thrown violently back, crashing into the fungus on the ceiling that illuminates the chamber with a soft red glow, my form covering a vast swath of the audience in my shadow.

The Metal was likewise hurled back from the impact, and I see and hear cracks tracing the area of impact, the harsh crackling noise echoing wildly about the chamber. The Metal hits the ground with a tremendous thud, a cloud of smoke rising up to obscure his form.

I entertain no thoughts that I have bested him. His body is absurdly tough, and the speed he recovered at before tell me he will be attempting to fly again shortly.

...I am having....problems.... breathing....now.


What should I do?
>>
No. 42133 ID: a3b36a

Can we do the Machine-gun trick with level 1 Cries without getting lethargic?
>>
No. 42135 ID: 6164e0

>>42133
(If you can find a moment to have The Metal in range and not forcing you to relocate for a long enough time to do it, yes. And it won't be machine gun like, the cadence would be something like 100 beats a second, like 'Another One Bites The Dust')
>>
No. 42138 ID: 6faa8c

Get some air while holding onto the shrooms.
>>
No. 42149 ID: 6164e0

>>42138
Haaaaa......Haaaaaaa........Haaaaaa

Okay, I can breathe normally again.

But sitting up here catching my breath gave The Metal time to also recover, and the cloud of dust is blown away as he takes to the air.

"STRONG ONE. I WILL CRUSH YOU, AS I HAVE CRUSHED COUNTLESS FOES OF THE EMPIRE. YOU WILL BE BROKEN BEFORE ME, AND I WILL FEAST ON YOUR CORPSE."

If I am to make a retort, now is the time, while we are still distant from one another.


What should I say, and what should I do? (particularly effective retorts can be applied as psychological warfare!)
>>
No. 42154 ID: 6faa8c

>>42149
"So sayeth the one who has yet to land a single blow!"

path of glory the crack on his back.
>>
No. 42155 ID: a3b36a

"Before the day of gaining my valiance had passed, I slew one of your precious Empire's abominations, and I have only grown stronger as time has passed! Your kind gains no fear from me! In death, you too shall serve the Killer Queen as your shattered and broken body is consumed! Come, and know the kiss of your demise! In your last breaths, you shall finally reap the fear that you have sown!"
>>
No. 42168 ID: 6164e0

>>42154
"So sayeth the one who has yet to land a single blow!"
>>42155
"Before the day of gaining my valiance had passed, I slew one of your precious Empire's abominations, and I have only grown stronger as time has passed! Your kind inspires no fear in me! In death, you too shall serve the KILLER QUEEN as your shattered and broken body is consumed! Come, and know of your imminent demise! In your last breaths, you shall finally reap the terror and carnage that you have sown! I WILL BREAK YOU!"

The Metal seems confused at my absolute confidence, and seems hesitant.

(INTIMIDATION: MINOR SUCCESS!)

I open my spiracles wide, letting go of the moss and fungus on the ceiling letting out the soft red light while I snap my mandibles shut.

PATH OF GLORY

My body contorted into a spear lancing a path down through the air, the air screaming around me as I hurtle onward, I slip past his beating wings, and my mandibles slam into the crack I made in his back.

There is a tremendously sharp crack of noise piercing through the air, and I have trouble orienting myself as I try to understand what happened.

I am laying on the ground some distance away from the prone form of The Metal, already struggling to stand. I seem to have widened the crack somewhat. Good.

...!? There are also hairline fractures throughout the length of my mandibles! I tense them to assess the damage, and find them in working order, but another impact like that might break them.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't of tried to break the shell of a creature far larger than me with a Valiance making their body phenomenally resilient with my own smaller, more easily broken form.


What should I do?
>>
No. 42177 ID: 708a16

>>42168
Quick, while he's disoriented, Aerosmith your way onto his back and apply a combination CotB(1) and Unstoppable Impact to the back of his head!
>>
No. 42182 ID: 6164e0

>>42177
I ignore my damaged Mandibles. So long as I do not strike The Metal with them again, I should be fine.

I open my spiracles wide once more, click a mandible open, and raise one of my front legs like a spear.

AEROSMITH

I whiz through the air, straight at the back of The Metal's head as it starts to finish orienting himself.

I swing the mandible shut just as I feel my leg touch the back of The Metal's head.

The room flares with light for a moment as a tumultuous cacophony of noise blankets the area.

CRY OF THE BRAVE LV[1]
UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT

I am hurled backward with great force once more, but this time I am ready.

I use Aerosmith with more precision than I previously was capable of, and stabilize myself while canceling out my momentum.

The Metal now has small network of cracks on the back of his head, and has had his face shoved down into the ground. It looks severely disoriented by what has happened.

I am currently in a state of free fall some few inches behind and above The Metal.


What should I do?
>>
No. 42184 ID: 6faa8c

>>42182
AEROSMITH BACK ONTO HIM, DO IT AGAIN. AND AGAIN. DO NOT STOP UNTIL EITHER YOU ARE TIRED OR HE IS DEAD.
>>
No. 42186 ID: 708a16

>>42184
Damn right! Piledrive that bugger's head until it explodes!
>>
No. 42222 ID: 987386

Not PoG. Get on him and ratta-tat-tat with the rapidfire lvl 1 cries.
>>
No. 42251 ID: d3692f

>>42186
>>42184
I say we call this Operation Ground and Pound.
>>
No. 42255 ID: 6faa8c

I gotta go, folks. See ya'll laters!
>>
No. 42419 ID: f78140

try to unstoppable impact one spot until his armor breaks, and then cry of the brave it. until then, it's just a waste of effort to keep cry of the braving.
>>
No. 42437 ID: 708a16

>>42419
Not if it's a combo attack that delivers a double-thump and keeps him dazed in the process.
>>
No. 42485 ID: 6164e0

>>42184
>>42222
No. Beyond it's phenomenal shell, The Metal is no different from the Mandarinian Warrior we fought before. I can best it, I can kill it, I just need to keep the pressure up, and be thankful I gained something as useful as Unstoppable Impact. And once I open that carapace, I will show it the power of the Brave.

I spread my spiracles wide, and fold myself for flight.

AEROSMITH

As I zip ever closer to crashing against The Metal's abnormally hard shell, I abruptly reverse the direction of Aerosmith, coming to a still landing scant millimeters behind it's cracked head.

A mandible swings open.

A mandible swings shut.

A small sun exists for a brief instant, turning the chamber brilliantly white, while a phenomenal noise cracked through the air.

CRY OF THE BRAVELV[1]

The Metal jerks and twists as the wave goes through it.

No, this is not enough. I swing another mandible wide, yet another slowly following it.

The room flickers and flashes, plunging from night to day again and again as thunder echoes in the chamber like a drumbeat.

CRY OF THE BRAVELV[1]
CRY OF THE BRAVELV[1]
CRY OF THE BRAVELV[1]
CRY OF THE BRAVELV[1]
CRY OF THE BRAVELV[1]
CRY OF THE BRAVELV[1]
CRY OF THE BRAVELV[1]
CRY OF THE BRAVELV[1]

I can see his shell flexing and tensing, but no new cracks appear, this degree of Cry of the Brave unable to pierce it's formidable defenses.

...And I also see that the cracks on my mandibles are spreading. I think I must discontinue this.

>>42186
>>42251

I still have my legs, I can still hurt it, I can break it. I place a leg on the back of it's head, and open my spiracles wide. I will use Aerosmith to cancel out my rebound, and remain at hand to continue hitting The Metal. I can't let up, for I feel that if I cannot keep hitting it with regularity in the same spot, I might not be able to open a hole in it's carapace before my body falls apart from trying to measure up to The Metal. It is just one Valiance, but what a durable one it is!

But I have a hammer to break it.

UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT
AEROSMITH
UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT
AEROSMITH
UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT
AEROSMITH
UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT
AEROSMITH
UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT
AEROSMITH

I drive The Metal's head into the wall with resounding strikes again and again, spreading and multiplying the cracks in it's carapace, causing bits to chip off. I am slowly breaking the wall with The Metal's face as I strike bit by bit. It is working. I can destroy his shield.

I........can't.........breathe.....................
Can't........................do................it...........
One.................more...................hit.

UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT

I am flung across the room, my body limp as I desperately gasp in air. My body will barely respond to me now.

But The Metal is not moving. It is slumped against the wall, it's head buried in the rock.



What should I do? I can only barely manage to move at all at this point.
>>
No. 42493 ID: 9891a9

>>42485
Well, with that combination successful, it seems The Metal is out of commission. Take this time to get your breath back, you've most likely shattered his skull and its contents into bits.
>>
No. 42500 ID: 43d730

>>42485
Don't turn your back on it.
Wait for victory to be declared.
Then go and eat whatever vital bits you can get at, and cut the body into pieces, and THEN you can put it in the bank.
I'm suspicious of that going as well as it did.
Then rest up and assign a guard on it.
Bring some of it back, KQ might be able to replicate it.
>>
No. 42508 ID: 6164e0

!!NOTICE!!Scars of Yesterday has now gained the new ability: Operation Ground and Pound. This ability is a combination of Unstoppable Impact and Aerosmith. This ability allows Unstoppable Impact to be used in rapid succession without being flung away by rebound. However, since the ability uses Aerosmith as well, there is a limit to how long it can be sustained before Scars of Yesterday succumbs to oxygen deprivation.

!!NOTICE!!Scars of Yesterday has learned the new ability Fury of The Storm! This ability is successive use of Cry of the Brave. Be aware that this ability is rough on Scar of Yesterday's mandibles, and any time they are cracked this ability will start to worsen them with extended use.
>>
No. 42518 ID: 6164e0

>>42493
>>42500

.....This is not how I expected this fight to go. And I feel uneasy about The Metal falling so relatively easily.

After I catch my breath and manage to regain my full range of motion, I cautiously step over to investigate the corpse after staring at it warily for a time.

The moment one of my feet brushes against The Metal, it's wing snaps open, catching me like a line of stone across my body. I am slammed away, my body impacting against a stretch of wall not too far from The Metal.

Gnh....that was a good hit. A small amount of my fluids ebb out of my spiracles. It hurts, but I can continue.

The Metal start to move, shakily, sloppily, but it begins to extricate its head from the wall while furiously beating it's wings, preventing me from approaching from my current position.


What should I do?
>>
No. 42526 ID: 43d730

>>42518
Godfuckingdammit.
Hope he doesn't regenerate like a jerkface.
>>
No. 42530 ID: d3692f

I suppose you'll have to wait until he gets his (hopefully) concussed skull out of the wall.

Unless, of course, you can approach from a different position.
>>
No. 42533 ID: 708a16

>>42530
Try stomping on the ground hard enough to use Unstoppable Impact again, maybe you can blast some sand into his wing-joints or something to slow him down enough to approach again.
>>
No. 42546 ID: d3692f

>>42533
Aerosmith could probably be used instead, to produce a controlled stream of dirt as opposed to just a cloud. Do it.
>>
No. 42549 ID: 6164e0

>>42533
Thinking quickly, I place my two front legs against the ground at an oblique angle, and trigger Unstoppable Impact to skim the surface of the arena floor.

I kick up a wave of dust while shoving myself backwards, debris and a few decent sized pebbles going hurtling into The Metal with a terrible clamor. He seems confused as to what this is, and his wings slow for a moment.

It I was behind him, I might be able to use this to get on his back once more.



Hmm. I am currently a middling distance to the back and right of The Metal, still in pain from the wing that struck me, and my mandibles moderately cracked. What should I do?
>>
No. 42614 ID: 1d375b

Then quickly get behind him avoiding those wings and try it out.
>>
No. 42621 ID: ed8d8a

>>42549
From that description, I am not just exactly sure what you just did there.
>>
No. 42631 ID: 708a16

>>42621
Unstoppable Impact got used on the ground to create an effect not unlike that of a claymore mine, sort of. Which we should keep in mind when presented with a multitude of softer targets later...
>>
No. 42635 ID: 6164e0

>>42621
(Scars of Yesterday flattened his front legs out almost parallel to the ground, and triggered Unstoppable Impact in both. This shoved up a large out of debris that pelted The Metal, who slowed in confusion at the attack. Hope that phrases it better.)

>>42631
(This is certainly doable, just be sure to specify how you want Unstoppable impact to be used if you request something like this. The more vague a suggestion is, the less likely I will understand your plan.)

>>42614
I run in an arc to bring me to The Metal's back, but it finally manages to free itself before I can get into position.

The metal stumbles about, clearly having trouble interpreting it's own senses and controlling it's body. However, it's wings keep beating drunkenly, And I do not think I can attack from the side.

As The Metal turns toward me, I wonder if I could streak over it's head with it so disoriented.... I am uncertain as to whether I could succeed.

What should I do?
>>
No. 42637 ID: 708a16

>>42635
Use Aerosmith to blast a cloud of dust up as a smoke screen first and then give it a try, sure.
>>
No. 42660 ID: 6164e0

>>42637
I flare open all of my spiracles, and ready myself to use Aerosmith omnidirectionally to create an obscuring cloud ring that entraps my foe.

AEROSMITH

I have further disoriented and blinded The Metal, now it the time to move.

I re-aim Aerosmith, and leap into the air. I must time this right to get past it's wings.

AEROSMITH


!?GNH!....I was struck by an upright wing as I tried to pass, and while I did manage to grab onto The Metal's back, I hit my left front leg pretty hard. I'm having trouble moving it.
>>
No. 42670 ID: 1d375b

You need to cripple him somehow. Can you use Impact on one of his eyes?
>>
No. 42674 ID: 987386

BREAK THOSE FUCKING WINGS.
>>
No. 42680 ID: 6164e0

>>42674
But how can I manage to get a leg on them while they beat so erratically?

>>42670
This might work, but as it is The Metal is trying to buck me off in an uncoordinated but nevertheless fierce bit of movement. I would have to halt his movement for a time to relocate.


What should I do?
(More info on Cry of the Brave's mechanics posted in discussion)
>>
No. 42685 ID: 1d375b

Daze him with a level 1 Cry. Might give you enough time to position yourself.
>>
No. 42690 ID: 06fc25

>>42680

Attempt psychological warfare again.

Quietly inform him that someday your colony is going to find his queen, tear her wings and stinger off and feed her piece by piece to your own Matriarch. Your warriors will gorge themselves on the fallen abominations and the drones shall feast on the larvae. Ultimately nobody will remember the Mandarinian Empire ever having existed at all.
>>
No. 42691 ID: 6164e0

>>42685
I swing a mandible open as I cling tightly to The Metal's upper back despite it's efforts to unseat me.

The mandible swings shut in a flash of light and roar of sound.

CRY OF THE BRAVE LV[1]

..!?WHAT!? It barely seemed to faze The Metal at all! Is he getting used to my attacks!? This can't be good.....


What should I do? The Metal is still moving too fast for me to get access to it's eyes.
>>
No. 42697 ID: 708a16

>>42691
If you can't stay on his back, see if you can duck under him without being noticed and use Unstoppable Impact to flip him over.
>>
No. 42698 ID: 6164e0

>>42690
"Someday, our colony is going to find your queen, tear her wings and stinger off and feed her piece by piece to our own Matriarch. Our warriors will gorge themselves on the fallen abominations that are you unclean monsters and the drones shall feast on the larvae. Ultimately nobody will remember the Mandarinian Empire ever having existed at all."

(INTIMIDATION: MODERATE SUCCESS!)

.....The Metal did not seem to like that at all. It's movement's have slowed somewhat, and unease coupled with rage pour off the creature. I cannot get to it's head still, but I think I could get a leg free.


What should I do?
>>
No. 42710 ID: 987386

If you can't hit the wings, smash at where they connect.
>>
No. 42724 ID: 6164e0

>>42710
Of course, I already struck The metal betwixt his wings, didn't I? I must endeavor to make the damage more severe.

....exactly how should I attack it?
(please name specific ability/Valiance proposed at whatever level desired [if the one chosen has levels] and any relevant dice roll)
>>
No. 42739 ID: f78140

>>42724
Operation Ground and Pound the wings, if possible.
>>
No. 42741 ID: 987386

Unstoppable impact. It might be too risky to use operation ground & pound, what with those wings still in action. If you can stay absolutely in place, feel free to try.

Any dice needed?
>>
No. 42742 ID: 6164e0

>>42739
(How many times should the move be used? Remember that the more successive uses, the more Aerosmith must be used, and the more that Scars of Yesterday will be deprived of air. DECENT INTELLIGENCE BONUS: Also, since all five uninjured legs are on The Metal, up to five legs can be employed. The more legs used, the greater the impact, but the amount Aerosmith must be used to cancel the rebound increases proportionately. CHOOSE)
>>
No. 42746 ID: 6164e0

>>42741
(Not for use of Unstoppable Impact or Operation Ground and Pound, and Operation Ground and Pound can be used currently. Please phrase your suggestion to conform with >>42742
Please.)
>>
No. 42747 ID: d3692f

Unstoppable Impact once, with 5 legs. Lets do as much damage as possible while we can still stay on top of this guy.
>>
No. 42748 ID: f78140

>>42742
wait, we have 5 legs on the metal? use all 5 legs, but don't bother using aerosmith to do anything more than prevent injury upon landing.
>>
No. 42755 ID: 1d375b

Use 5 and use aerosmith if the first blast does not disable his wings.
>>
No. 42757 ID: 987386

If 1 cracked him, 5 will probably give access to his delicious innards, at least...
>>
No. 42765 ID: 6164e0

>>42747
>>42748
I shall strike The Metal with every bit of force I can muster, all focused on the already existing crack situated between it's wings. I shall use Aerosmith as much as is necessary to prevent me from coming to harm, but not enough to attempt to keep me on it's back. Hopefully the impact will be great enough I will not regret letting myself be removed from The Metal's back after the effort and injury it took to get here.

I lift my injured leg aside as I ready all five remaining legs. This should be rather vicious for both of us, I think.

UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT [X5]
AEROSMITH

Gnh!.... I am still hurtling at the wall. The rebound was too great for one Aerosmith to slow me to safe speeds. I act quickly to prevent myself from being crushed against the wall.

AEROSMITH
...!?
AEROSMITH

I am slowed enough I manage to alight on the ceiling without any further injury, but I feel somewhat winded. I finally have time to observe what the blow did to The Metal.

I am pleased by what I see below me.

The Metal has been shoved into the rock with such force that the ground beneath him has cracked and broken, it's body partially submerged in the rubble. The cracks on it's back have severely worsened, but there has been no breach of it's carapace. This Valiance is ridiculously durable!


What should I do now? I am standing upside down on the ceiling almost directly above The Metal, somewhat winded.
>>
No. 42771 ID: 1d375b

Get back down there and hit him again. Try 3 this time so you dont get so winded.
>>
No. 42773 ID: ed8d8a

>>42771
already getting winded. a short break might be in order, but don't let him struggle out of the rubble if it can be avoided.
>>
No. 42775 ID: 6164e0

>>42771
I let myself drop from the ceiling, conserving my breath by letting gravity bring me down. I am confident I have some time before The Metal is moving again.

!!BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY INTOXICATION BONUS!!

I see The Metal twitch. It is already recovering some degree of motion!

Now warned of danger, I manage to catch The Metal abruptly raising both wings in an attempt to crush me betwixt them before I can land on it's back! Thanks to my drug-induced alertness, I have a split second to act!


What should I do!?
>>
No. 42777 ID: ed8d8a

>>42775
Unstoppable Impact outward at the wings closing to crush you. 2 legs on each side. It will stop their motion and might even finish breaking them. and you can STILL land on him.
>>
No. 42779 ID: 987386

...fuck.

I guess we'll just need to turn him into chunky bug salsa. Overkill time?
>>
No. 42785 ID: 6164e0

>>42777
No, I will not let this foe stop me now.

Acting quickly, decisively and without hesitation or doubt, I spread four of my legs wide (two on each side), interposing them between my body and the rapidly approaching wings while readying them all for Unstoppable Impact!

I feel the my legs make contact with something, and I trigger all four readied legs.

BI-DIRECTIONAL UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT(X4)

The already injured wing shatters, subtly edged shards going flying out, several embedding in the stone wall, and a few unlucky audience members are impaled, some already writhing as death claims them. I can hear Metallica's rumbling laugh, and feel pride to know I entertained, and maybe impressed the powerful warrior with my quick counter (and collateral damage to some of the audience). The other wing is severely cracked but remains intact, nonetheless being repelled to slam into the ground.

Thanks to my quick thinking leading to me equalizing the pressure between my sides, I continue my drop onto The Metal's back after countering his attack, Aerosmith unneeded. Excellent, I have him off guard, and I am free to choose any place to attack!


What shall be my target, and how shall I destroy it!?
>>
No. 42789 ID: 1d375b

If you think you have the breath to stop yourself hit him with another 5 impact in the middle of the cracks on his back. If not try 3 or 4.
>>
No. 42790 ID: 43d730

>>42785
Finish off that other wing, then start to work on the legs.
We may have to reduce him to a limbless mess before he finally shuts up.
>>
No. 42792 ID: 06fc25

>>42785

Use a five legged Unstoppable Impact - two on the remaining wing, and three in his torso. Use the momentum (and an Aerosmith if need be) to land on the wall near one of the broken wing shards. Yank it from the wall, and attempt to fire it at The Metal with another Unstoppable Impact. Let's see how durable The Metal's carapace is against itself.
>>
No. 42796 ID: d3692f

>>42790
>>42789
>>42792

The Metal's legs really haven't posed a threat to us at all during this fight, but the wings have. 2 Impacts to the wing, 3 to the cracked torso.
>>
No. 42799 ID: ed8d8a

>>42785
Remind me, we have been developing cracks on both his head and at the base of his wings? How are they relative to eachother?
This seems like a good moment to end this fight (one way or the other) with a level 4 Cry of the Brave, though I will hold off on rolling till there is consensus.
>>
No. 42801 ID: f78140

rolled 8 + 1 = 9

you have already struck the metal's head 6 times with unstoppable impact. prehaps it is weakened enough for another operation and pound. try to stop before you get too winded. if the armor looks broken enough, go for a cry of the brave lvl 4: nothing worth having is without risk in gaining. even in the small chance such an attempt kills you, we can be assured the metal's death with be for the good of KILLER QUEEN.
>>
No. 42810 ID: d3692f

>>42799
I think the reason we've held off on using high levels of Cry of the Brave so much is that it's such a devastating ability, to both parties. If the Metal does withstand it, we'll be dead. If he doesn't, there's still a chance we'll be dead.

Besides, we can keep this up. And shattering this guy is so much fun, I'm not sure what we'll do after he's dead.
>>
No. 42812 ID: 43d730

>>42796
If we take out his legs and wings, we can slice him up at our leisure.
>>
No. 42813 ID: d3692f

>>42801
Noooo! Wait for a consensus first! D:
>>
No. 42817 ID: f78140

>>42813
i was given to understand if i suggested using it, i was to roll the dice during that suggestion.
if nobody else thinks we should use it, then it'll be pretty obvious by the responses (like it sorta is... :/ ) but i'm only suggesting it for the instance where the metal's armor is already smashed to bits, since we've already pounded the crap out of his head.
>>
No. 42821 ID: 6164e0
File 125273896685.png - (120.19KB , 676x599 , Injury.png )
42821

>>42817
(you used it correctly, and your assumption about whether it gets implemented being based off consensus is also correct. But since there doesn't seem to be such a consensus, not this time.)

>>42790
>>42813
(Oka-)
>>42792
(THIS IS A BRILLIANT PLAN! *golf clap*)

Rather than relocate to attack a more delicate area, I hatch a multi-part plan on the spot, and set it to motion while still ironing out the details. To the bold and decisive go the spoils of war.

I place three legs on The Metal's cracked torso, and two more on the remaining cracked wing while preparing them to use Unstoppable Impact, quickly checking their positioning so the rebound will direct me roughly towards the shards of wing embedded in the wall of the arena.

I trigger all of them at once.

BI-DIRECTIONAL UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT [X5]

The remaining wing shatters, once more sending keenly edged slivers whizing through the air, and more spectators, this time on the opposite side of the arena, are wounded, some killed. Metallica laughs ever harder. Hah, the bloodshed, and the carnage, it stirs my spirit! My Shining Light glows brighter as my battle frenzy deepens, and I become the strongest source of light in the chamber.

Hng!! The impact is severe, and jars me badly. But I must focus, for I am hurtling at the razor edged shards of The Metal's wing in the wall.

AEROSMITH
..!?
AEROSMI-

It was not quite fast enough. Luckily I did not impale myself, but I have a gash along my Alitrunk, and it tweaked one of my spiracles. I won't be as adept with Aerosmith now.

But I reached my target. I grab one of the shards of The Metals wing and yank it out of the wall. Gripping it tightly with two legs to steady my aim, I steady my aim while clinging to the wall, and prepare the two legs gripping the shard to use Unstoppable Impact. I trigger them.

APPLIED UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT [X2]

I am bashed back against the wall, and the gash in my side oozes a bit, but the shard flies straight an true, and jams into The Metal's side. It howls in agony as for the first time in the fight I see some of it's own fluids start to stain the battlefield.

...It doesn't seem that there are any more shards embedded in this part of the wall large enough or shaped properly to be accurately launched as the first, but perhaps on the other wall....


What should I do?
>>
No. 42845 ID: 1d375b

Check the other wall for more shards. If you can get one or two into him you should be able to drive them deeper with your impacts.
>>
No. 42847 ID: 06fc25

Try and scuttle along the wall to the side with more wing shards. Stay above biting height.

Mock him as you pass.

"You take a mortal ant,
And put him in control
Watch him become a god
Watch Abominations heads a'roll"
>>
No. 42876 ID: a3b36a

The way I see it, we have 3 choices.

1: Smash him where he got punctured. Hopefully it'll turn his insides to delicious paste, or widen the hole.
2: Smash him on the side -opposite- where he was punctured. Hopefully it'll make his insides become his outsides, via the hole.
3: Hit him with another shard. Poke another hole to bleed from. However, this is hard on us as well. We'd need to find some way to not lose our insides from our alitrunk wound.

I suppose we could also try a high-power Cry of the Brave, but that might be a last resort. ...and we're not to that point yet.
>>
No. 43018 ID: 6164e0

>>42845
>>42876

I finally made The Metal bleed. I will not ignore such a useful tactic.

I race along the walls, running as fast as I can and staying high, to keep The Metal from reaching me in it's wingless state. Strange, it does not seem to be pursuing me, even after it's obscenely ablative carapace lets him once more largely shrug off the attacks I have heaped on it.

>>42847
...I do not like this sudden stillness in my foe. Perhaps another attempt at psychological warfare is in order.

"You take a tiny ant,
And put him in control
Watch him become a god
Watch your hive queen's head a'roll!"

...I don't like this, The Metal completely ignored what I said, and is still in his original position, moving only to keep oriented on me as I continue on my path to reach the other slivers of The Metal's wing embedded in the wall.

(INTIMIDATION: FAILURE)

Now that I think of it, my recent focus on The Metal's wings and back have been the first time since the fight started, really, that I have not been pounding on The Metal's head regularly.


I am almost to the collection of shards stuck in the wall when I finally see The Metal move. It crouches down on it's hind legs while raising up on its middle pair of legs, freeing it's front legs from the ground and holding them akimbo.

....I do not like this.


What should I do?
>>
No. 43072 ID: 708a16

Forget the shards for now, Aerosmith behind him and land another Unstoppable Impact onto the back of his head if you can close in quick enough.
>>
No. 43075 ID: f78140

>>43072
this, but be prepared to dodge whatever it is the metal is doing. until we know what it is, dodging should take priority over attacking
>>
No. 43083 ID: 708a16

>>43075
Agreed. This is too much of an unknown quantity to risk absorbing any further damage.
>>
No. 43092 ID: fc832e

rolled 1 + 1 = 2

This reeks of ill intent. He waited for us to be a far distance away before doing this. It's probably one of two things then, either of which require probably require a charge-up time.

A - A powerful ranged attack. Might even have an explosion radius, another reason he was hesitant to utilize it.

B - A temporary increase of physical power. Kind of like a berserker frenzy.

He's trying to use an unknown ability. I suggest we counter in turn. Aerosmith about, rapid succession, we'll need to dodge and weave if this is some sort of long ranged attack (even then praying that it isn't some ridiculous radius blast). Once past that, we should approach a body part that's been significantly damaged and let loose with a Cry of the Brave, Level 2. I know we've been hesitant to utilize it due to the risks, but I believe this unknown event may justify it's use.

I don't know if one vote is enough, but if it is and this fails, sorry in advance gents. But it's always been my opinion that the best defense is a strong offense.

CRY OF THE BRAVE, LEVEL 2.
>>
No. 43101 ID: f78140

>>43092
i don't think we should use a cry of the brave at this point, especially not from a distance. it's already been made apparent our attempts at such at a closer range have done nothing. i agree we should use one eventually, but probably only after we've gotten through the metal's carapace would it be worth the effort.
>>
No. 43107 ID: 6164e0

>>43072
>>43075
>>43083
(Disregard shards for the moment, Aerosmith closer, try to Unstoppable Impact the back of The Metal's head, but prioritize personal safety over the attack.)

..This is troubling, this change in attitude and posture the The Metal is evidencing seems foreboding. I must understand what it is that is transpiring here.

I open my spiracles wide, shuddering minimally as the wound passing through one of my spiracles trickles with more fluids from the movement.

AEROSMITH

I soar over the arena floor, racing towards a point some few millimeters above The Metal's head in the hopes of once more reaching the already damaged back of it's head. As I blaze like a shooting star ever closer to The Metal, I prepare myself to immediately dodge with Aerosmith should I feel in danger.

....Strange. As I approach, I see The Metal take in a deep breath, and flex his upright legs.

!?GNH!! It takes me a moment to realize I have been thrown to the ground, The Metal having struck me down with a vicious blow. As I groggily try to assess my situation, I perceive The Metal swinging one of it's upright legs down at me like a massive club!

Too disoriented from the blow to use Aerosmith, I throw myself to the side, watching in horror as the other upright leg descend to impale me.

I was careless. I can't use Aerosmith in my dazed state, and I can't dodge fast enough to completely avoid being hit by the rapidly descending leg! I am on my back, my legs in the air from my frantic dodge of the prior attack!


What should I do?
>>
No. 43110 ID: f78140

>>43107
unstoppable impact movie punch the punch!
>>
No. 43111 ID: 6faa8c

>>43107
FUCK.

We only have one shot at this.

unstoppable impact [X5] straight at him. the blast of air might blow him away, giving us a chance to GTFO.
>>
No. 43116 ID: 6164e0

>>43110

I will not fall to The Metal, not so simply as this.

I dart one of my legs forward, hurriedly preparing it to release Unstoppable Impact.

My leg makes contact with the descending limb of The Metal.

UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT!

Both of our legs are rocked back from the impact, but without pause or hesitation, The Metal swings his other front leg down to impale me.

>>43111

I desperately raise all my uninjured legs, and place them betwixt myself and The Metal's descending leg, readying them all to discharge.

I feel pressure against my legs.

UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT [X5]

...There is pain, and confusion, but I become aware I am now airborne, and my back aches tremendously. I seem to have rebounded off of the ground when using such a forceful Unstoppable Impact without anything to cancel the feedback, and have been flung into the air.

I hear cracking noises from my back, and I can feel another leg has been damaged badly by this. I fear my conventional mobility will drop as a result.

As I tumble through the air, I have a chance to view The Metal. Ludicrously, both of it's front legs seem entirely undamaged from the impacts. Still, I got back out of it's range, and get to live a little longer.

What should I do?
>>
No. 43129 ID: 6faa8c

>>43116
Jesus!

It's like those battles in Final Fantasy when you expend everything you've got and the bastard just, keeps, going.
>>
No. 43132 ID: 1d375b

Try to stay away from his front end for the moment. If you can find another wing shard try and shoot it into the largest crack on his back. But watch out he might be able to deflect it if you aim to close to his head.
>>
No. 43134 ID: 6164e0

>>43129
(You guys kept calling it a boss fight, so..... I made it one.)
>>
No. 43137 ID: 6faa8c

>>43134
Understandable.

Also, is there any way to assure, in the event of a death draw, that Wings gets the bodies?
>>
No. 43151 ID: 6164e0

>>43137
(LOLIDUNNO)

>>43132

Well, this change in tactics certainly surprised me, but it is not flawless. He can only move his legs to guard or attack an arc in his front. If I can just get on it's back again...

I wrench my spiracles open, and aim myself at his back.

AEROSMITH

I plummet earthwards, a falling star shining brightly, racing towards The Metal's back.

!?The Metal leaps to the side, and I am abruptly faced with the only the ground before me.


I have a transient moment to act, what should I do?
>>
No. 43152 ID: 43d730

>>43151
GTFAway.
Collect yourself and watch him.
>>
No. 43153 ID: 6faa8c

>>43152
The bastard can't fly! And we kinda can.

We must press this advantage.
>>
No. 43157 ID: 6164e0

>>43152
>>43153
(VOTAN TIME TRIGGERED. POST PREFERRED ACTION, PRESS THE ATTACK OR RETREAT)
>>
No. 43158 ID: f78140

>>43157
victory won't be gained by running away. press the attack. if the shard of his wing is still inside, try to knock it deeper in. if not, go for the head some more.
>>
No. 43163 ID: 9891a9

>>43157
Press the attack. Fortune favours the brave.
>>
No. 43166 ID: 6faa8c

>>43158
unstoppable impact the shard!
>>
No. 43177 ID: 1d375b

A quick jet to the side should land you on his back. Avoid the front and try to drive that shard deeper into his body.
>>
No. 43191 ID: 6164e0

>>43158
>>43163
>>43166
(PRESS THE ATTACK)

It doesn't matter if I have to be more careful around The Metal. Backing away like a coward will accomplish nothing. I must keep hitting The Metal as hard as I can as often as I can, never letting the pressure up, not even for a second.

..?? I smell something. The crowd, they-

"SCARS! SCARS! SCARS! SCARS!"

...I have been slipping for the last few exchanges. Funny, that the spectators of the fight reminded me of what I should be doing.

I am The Hero, Scars of Yesterday, Champion of Killer Queen, Giantslayer, Proud Warrior. AND I WILL NOT LOSE TO SUCH AS THIS! My body shines brighter and brighter, until I become a beacon of golden light, bathing the entire chamber in stark light.
!!SPECIAL EVENT!!: MIND AND BODY AS ONE! SCARS OF YESTERDAY HAS PUSHED SHINING LIGHT TO IT'S MAXIMUM, AND WILL FIGHT AT HIS PEAK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWsct3ggkLE&feature=related

I will give The Metal the most glorious battle of it's life, and crush it. I will prove the might of KILLER QUEEN. I will prove the might of her champion.

AEROSMITH

The world blurs as I streak towards The Metal, heedless of the danger. So what if it could crush me with but a single well placed blow? I follow the path of carnage, the path of the warrior, without regrets.

The Metal's arms blur, darting for my form.

No. I will not be caught so easily.

AEROSMITH

I throw my body up, up above The Metal and it's deadly arms.

NO, I AM NOT DONE, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

AEROSMITH

I plummet towards The Metal's back. I see it preparing to leap aside. But this time, I am ready, my senses to acute to miss the cues. I alter my path of screaming descent as The Metal leaps aside.

And I accelerate.

AEROSMITH

I can barely breath, but I don't care. This a fight I will fondly reminisce about, be it back at Crescent or in death. I will not flag.

I raise all four functioning legs as I descend at absurd speeds towards The Metal, preparing to strike.

A slender sliver of time exists between my likely fatal impact with The Metal and the now.

I trigger all four legs.

UNSTOPPABLE IMPACT [X4]

The Metal is struck in the back of it's head with tremendous force, it's face driven into a rapidly expanding crater in the rocky arena floor. It's legs spasm from the impact, it's body twitching.

I neutralized my potentially fatal descent with the rebound from this strike, and have landed on The Metal's back.

"SCARS! SCARS! SCARS! SCARS!"

I have the beast, dead to rights, and I can see a crack growing deep and true surrounded by an intricate web-work of cracks in it's head, chips and flakes of carapace drifting from the injury.

I CAN DO IT! THE METAL IS NOT INDESTRUCTIBLE! I CAN BREAK IT! I CAN STRIKE IT DOWN!


WHAT SHALL I DO?
(A pheromone speech can be emitted during this moment, in addition to taking action)
>>
No. 43192 ID: 6faa8c

rolled 8 + 1 = 9

>>43191
"I AM SCARS OF YESTERDAY, SOLDIER OF KILLER QUEEN, RIGHTFUL RULER OF CRESCENT! FOR MY QUEEN, FOR THOSE YOU CRIPPLED, FOR THOSE OPPRESSED BY THE MIGHT OF YOUR EMPIRE, I WILL FIGHT, AND FIGHT, AND FIGHT! EVEN IF YOU ARE UNBREAKABLE, I WILL DESTROY YOU!"

Cries level 3, point-blank, nto the back of his head.
>>
No. 43194 ID: acdc9b

>>43192
I was going to suggest the very same thing.

FINISH HIM!
>>
No. 43201 ID: 6164e0

>>43194
>>43192
(ROLL SUCCESS)
"I AM SCARS OF YESTERDAY, SOLDIER OF KILLER QUEEN, RIGHTFUL RULER OF CRESCENT! FOR MY QUEEN, FOR THOSE YOU CRIPPLED, FOR THOSE OPPRESSED BY THE MIGHT OF YOUR EMPIRE, I WILL FIGHT, AND FIGHT, AND FIGHT! EVEN IF YOU ARE UNBREAKABLE, I WILL DESTROY YOU!"

I swing three of my mandibles wide as The Metal begins to recover.

The audience continues to cheer, roaring my name.

The Metal does not get up in time.

I swing the mandibles shut, a hair's breadth behind the battered and cracked back of it's head.

CRY OF THE BRAVE LV[3]

My own Shining Light's illumination is completely overpowered as the world goes blindingly white, three tiny suns flaring into existence as sound vanishes, the room deathly silent. Nothing can disturb this moment. It is my time of glory.

I see the back of The Metal's head flex, warp, ripple, the cracks proliferating at a staggering rate.

And it happens, it finally happens.

The shell covering The Metal breaks, disintegrating, dissolving into fragments of dust that disperse in the air.

The Metal's movements stop.

My body ceases to shine, my limbs grow heavy, and my wounds and fatigue catch up with me. I can barely stay conscious.

But I did it. I can see the life fluids pouring out of the hole in the back of The Metal's head.

I won.



What should I do?
>>
No. 43202 ID: 6faa8c

>>43201
I'm nit sure if we should eat the body. Something with this much defensive power should really go to the Queen.
>>
No. 43208 ID: 9891a9

>>43202
Agreed, the Metal's corpse should be saved for KILLER QUEEN.
>>
No. 43212 ID: f78140

>>43202
a quick check of part 1 reveals that there was more than 25 units of abomination hornet, and apparently the metal is even bigger (i think that was said... i don't remember) so there are very good odds scars and the honor guard could eat all but 25 units of it, and give that to killer queen.
>>
No. 43216 ID: 6164e0

>>43212
(Valiance goes one to one in the case of death. Getting The Big O's leg to bestow his Valiance on Scars of Yesterday was a rarity that combined luck with happy coincidence. Only one ant can get The Metal's Valiance.)
>>
No. 43217 ID: f78140

>>43216
guess it goes to killer queen then.
>>
No. 43220 ID: 6164e0

(So, what should Scars of Yesterday do now?)
>>
No. 43223 ID: 9891a9

>>43220
(The fight hasn't actually been announced as over yet so I assume we are all waiting.)
>>
No. 43224 ID: 6faa8c

>>43220
Get that shit to the bank. Then we need to see if Metallica feels like hauling our cash and loot back to Crescent.
>>
No. 43232 ID: 6164e0

>>43223
(You removed half of The Metal's head, and the stuff that should be inside it's head is leaking all over the place. Pretty dead.)

>>43224
I stand on shaky legs, walking towards the exit of the arena amidst tumultuous cheering from the crowd. It seems The Metal was not well liked, and my victory has made many happy. Since this was not a title fight like Metallica's, I don't think there is any ceremony expected at the end, so I am free to leave.

I make my way slowly, haltingly up the tunnel, fluids leaking from my body and tracing my path as I stumble along, trying not to hit the walls too often.

I am tired.

As I lose sight of the chamber I fought in, I briefly glimpse scores of the small creatures that seem to run The Fight Song with such efficiency swarm onto The Metal's body, and start dragging it away. I hold no suspicion seeing this, I believe the little creatures are simply bringing it to the bank above, as they did before with T.B. Sheets.

I eventually make my way to the pedestal the little creatures use to communicate with gamblers and fighters, and am quickly approached by one of them.

"This one congratulates honored guest! This victory has earned you access to all forms of special events, and the right to challenge for championship titles in the future! Your winnings and The Metal's carcass are being deposited in the bank as we speak.

I try to be glad at this news, but I am so tired, so battered, my body dull with lethargy.

I see my honor guard making their way through the crowd to my side.

I did not see Metallica leave before I exited the arena, and I do not see him in the crowd now. I imagine he is likely still inside, his departure slowed by his massive size.

I...am desperately, ravenously hungry, in addition to my wounds, my cracked and battered mandibles, my damaged legs and my cracked spines. I could use some food.


What should I do?
>>
No. 43235 ID: 6faa8c

>>43232
omnomnom in the geust room. Have Flash find Metallica and send him there.
>>
No. 43244 ID: acdc9b

Guys, if Killer Queen needs this Valiance, then we have already failed. Let's have Scars, Toxic, or WoD eat The Metal so they can fight better and keep the fight from ever getting to the Queen.

Imagine how badass Scars would be with all his offensive and mobility Valiances, and amazing armor as well.
>>
No. 43249 ID: 6164e0

>>43235
...I am so very hungry.

I rejoin my honor guard, barely hearing the words of praise from them, and start to walk back to the guest chambers. Or, I try to, but my legs buckle, and I start to fall.

Before I can hit the ground Wings Of Destiny has me, wrapping a long leg around me to keep me upright.

"Y-you really look hurt! A-ah, Um!"

She seems very nervous about something, maybe if I wasn't so tired, I could figure it out. But all I can do is irk out a weak pheromone message.

"...Guest....chamber"

Wings Of Destiny, still blabbering frantically, stops the moment I speak.

"Oh! Okay, I'll bring you there!"

I vaguely discern the other members of my honor guard looking startled as Wings Of Destiny takes to the air, carrying my limp form.

Suddenly I am on the ground, with a small pile of food before me, a fidgeting Wings Of Destiny urging me to eat.

Now the food is halfway gone, and I see the rest of my Honor guard. Strange, when did they get here.

Now the pile of food is large again. How did that happen? So hungry....


.....................................................................................................

Some time has passed, I know this much.

I feel well fed, and my body once more shines with a golden hue. But cracks still trace my mandibles, and I can tell that my back and legs still remain partly damaged, and the gash on my side has not fully closed yet.

As I stir, I see Wings Of Destiny leap to her feat, rushing to my side. Relief radiates from her as she sees me stand on my own.

I see Metallica's gargantuan form with Flash standing on his jaws, eyes alert. The titan rumbles, his laugh familiar and somewhat comforting to hear.

"ZEHAHAHAHA!! What a fight! Ya did it, ya beat The Metal, good on ya! ZEHAHAHA, what a splash ya have made in The Fight Song! And I made so much bettin' on ya, did ya know the odds were 12:1 against ya in that fight? HAH, I can buy a whole beehive now, and not have to worry about where I'll get honey anymore. ZEHAHAHA, ah, ya've done well, little warrior, and you've grown splendidly."

I doubt that Metallica gets much happier than this.

But I have finished my obligations here in The Collective, have I not? I learned enough to bring KILLER QUEEN word, I bested The Metal, I found a source of Bohemian Rhapsody, KILLER QUEEN now commands another hero, and I have won substantial prizes in The Fight Song.

Perhaps... perhaps it is time to return home.


What should I do?
>>
No. 43253 ID: 6faa8c

>>43249
Ask Metallica if he'd like to take us home.

OH GOD I HOPE SHE'S OKAY
>>
No. 43268 ID: 6164e0

>>43253
"Metallica.."

"Yeah? What is it, little warrior?"

"Can you bring me, my honor guard and our winnings home?"

"Sure! I made a killin' off a ya, why not, ZEHAHAHA! But if yeh want ta bring back more than just yer bodies, I think yer little flier there will need ta carry a bit, but yeah, I think I can get ya, yer Bohemian Rhapsody and The Metal's carcass back ta yer home. ZEHAHA, lets go, time's wasting!"

...I don't really have any choice but to follow the lumbering giant as he urges me onward to the bank.

.........................................................................................

With Metallica there to push us along, it takes very little time to withdraw all but T/B Sheets body and the honey from the bank, collectively leaving us with (31 units of Bohemian Rhapsody) and (80 units of The Metal [first hero ant/KILLER QUEEN to consume from this will gain the Valiance.])

We walk out of The Collective, bringing our goods with us. True, we now could be wayleighed for our valuables, but I doubt many would be foolhardy enough to attack our group.

In short oder everyone and everything is either held by/carried by Metallica or Wings Of Destiny.

We depart back to Crescent, back to KILLER QUEEN

SCARS OF YESTERDAY AND RETINUE ARE IN TRANSIT BACK TO CRESCENT

CONTROL WILL SWITCH BACK TO KILLER QUEEN AT THE NEXT POST, WHICH WILL CONTAIN THE MOST RECENT TIMESTAMP FOR REFERENCE.
>>
No. 43269 ID: 43d730

>>43268
Give him the honey in exchange.
>>
No. 43304 ID: 6164e0

(Putting Ant Quest on pause for a bit, got some stuff to take care of, should be back to normal by Monday at the latest.)
>>
No. 43314 ID: 987386

If we give Scars the Metal's Valiance, it might reduce or eliminate his chance of death with the level 4 Cry of the Brave. We could then try developing higher levels of it, or more rhythms with it, like 3 1 3 1 or repeating 2s.
>>
No. 43353 ID: 06fc25

I'd rather not put all our eggs in one basket by focusing solely on Scars. I like the idea of having Killer Queen eat The Metal and gain his valiance.
>>
No. 43357 ID: 9891a9

>>43314
But it's been stated that the 1 roll would cause his head to explode from the inside out, and The Metal's valiance only protects our outside, as we saw in the fight. Likely, it wouldn't have much impact on Cry of the Brave
>>
No. 43368 ID: 1d375b

At the moment Scars is pretty vulnerable without some sort of regeneration or armor. While it would protect the queen nicely we have a army for that. There will be more hero's and more Valiance's to gain and the queen can evolve on her own. I think Scars deserves this one.
>>
No. 43374 ID: 9891a9

Why not allow Wings of Destiny to eat The Metal? Combined with her already large defensive powers from being a They might Be Giants, she'd be nigh invincible.
>>
No. 43379 ID: 6faa8c

>>43368
I'm changing my vote then, to Scars.
>>
No. 43562 ID: 2cf404

>>43379
I agree, Scars should get the Valiance. If for no other reason than because he EARNED it. The Queen really doesn't need super defensive armor because she won't be on the frontline. If she's under direct attack then everything else has already gone to hell.

Scars has great offensive abilities. He has a good mobility technique. But he really needs defense.



Alternatively, for the roleplay element... it'd be super romantic if he gifted the body to Wings of Destiny~ <3
>>
No. 43662 ID: f78140

i have a crazy idea. namely, we have XOM quality food. i suggest having one ant, possibly a merciless, eat only the roots, never any other food. i suspect it will end horribly, but can't resist the possibilities.
>>
No. 43671 ID: 06fc25

>>43662

I can just imagine an out of the way room in the colony full of horrific failures in the vein of Alien Resurrection.
>>
No. 43681 ID: 2cf404

>>43640
I think this needs a little updating. Toxic and Scars aren't entertaining guests, plus you completely left out Wings of Destiny.
>>
No. 43718 ID: 987386

Are we going to pick up when Scars left or when Scars gets back?

The colony marches on even when he's not around, after all.
>>
No. 43719 ID: 6164e0

>>43681
(ARE YOU HAPPY NOW)

-All ants set to feed themselves whenever they have 30 minutes left before becoming Lethargic.
-Fat Bottomed Girls have continued harvesting Roots of chaos, but the thick exterior the needs to be cut through coupled with the need for the ants to carefully not ingest the food when harvesting slows the harvesting process.

CRESCENT COLONY AGE: 4.0 HOURS

TOTALS:
1 KILLER QUEEN
1 The Hero Scars of Yesterday (Returning at a later date)
1 Toxic
1 Wings of Destiny (Returning at a later date)
6 They Might Be Giants (2 more at hour 5) (1 Returning at a later date)
19 Death on Six Legs (1 Returning at a later date)
65 The Merciless
152 Fat Bottomed Girls
19 Flash (10 more at hour 6) (1 Returning at a later date)
20 Lurkers at the Threshold ('planted')

STATUS:
KILLER QUEEN: Sated (does not need food until hour 5), can produce more eggs in Chamber 4

The Hero Scars of Yesterday: (???), Returning at a later date.

Toxic: Sated (needs 2 units of food in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), Idle outside of Crescent.

Wings of Destiny: (???), Returning at a later date.

They Might Be Giants:
-6 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4

Death on Six Legs:
-19 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Patrolling Crescent

The Merciless:
-25 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), Patrolling Crescent (2 mutated)
-24 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), Guarding Fat Bottomed Girls gathering Concentrated Nutrients
-16 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4

Fat Bottomed Girls:
-46 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or become Lethargic), Harvesting Roots of Chaos(1 mutated)
-46 Sated ((will need feeding in 1 hour or become Lethargic), Expanding Crescent
-46 Sated (self-feeding), gathering Concentrated Nutrients
-14 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4

Flash:
-19 Sated (will need to feed in 1 hour or become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4

Lurkers at the Threshold:
-20 'planted' about Crescent's surface

FOOD:
5 units of Yellow Flower Leaf (Quality: 1/10)
0 units of Nest Robber Centipede (Quality: 3/10)
175 units of Black Dragonfly (Quality: 3/10)
1,141 units of Concentrated Nutrients (Quality: 4/10)
0 units of Yellow Flower Nectar/Blossoms (Quality: 2/10 Warriors, 4/10 Non-Warriors) Special: Masks Non-Warrior Scent
8 units of Flying Beast Bumblebee (Quality: 5/10) Special: Tastes Like Poison
22 units of Abomination Hornet (Quality: 7/10)
0 units of Bohemian Rhapsody (Quality: 9/10) Special: Instantly removes Lethargy, Strengthens Consumers
75 Units of Roots of Chaos (Quality: XOM/10)
60 units of Dead Ant (Quality Unknown)

Storage:
Chamber 1 current maximum capacity: 300 points (300/300 used)
Chamber 2 current maximum capacity: 500 points (0/550 used)
Chamber 3 current maximum capacity: 375 points (375/375 used)
Chamber 4 current maximum capacity: 600 points (200/650 used)
Chamber 5 current maximum capacity: 175 points (650/650 used)
Chamber 6 current maximum capacity: 600 points (161/325 used)
Chamber 7 current maximum capacity: 600 points (0/500 used)
Stealin' current maximum capacity: 200 points (75/200 used)
(KILLER QUEEN and They Might Be Giants are worth 10 points, The Hero Scars of Yesterday is worth 5 points, Death on Six Legs and Toxic are worth 2 points, Flash, The Merciless and Fat Bottomed Girls are worth 1 point. Food is 1 point per unit of food)

!!REMINDER!! KILLER QUEEN can now attempt to make up to two new strains at a checkpoint.
!!NOTICE!! KILLER QUEEN can now save upgrades for later checkpoints!
!!NOTICE!! KILLER QUEEN is getting better at making new ant strains!
>>
No. 43721 ID: 6164e0

>>43718
(This is picking up the moment Scars left)
>>
No. 43764 ID: 8f7fc7

>>43719
YES VERY MUCH SO

I think we ought to stop harvesting the XOM roots. What's the point? We can't use them for food; it's too dangerous. Let's have them and the idle fat bottoms get to work digging or something.
>>
No. 43766 ID: f78140

>>43764
might want to see if there is any demand for it first: we'd be better off if we have something to trade.
also, that alien ressurection mention only makes me want to feed the merciless a bunch of it.
>>
No. 43772 ID: 632862

>>43719
...I think the chamber capacity numbers are a little off. Not that it really matters.
>>
No. 43922 ID: 6164e0

(Alright, got a bit of time right now for some stuff)

>>43662
>>43671
(Please list which ants of KILLER QUEEN's should start eating exclusively Roots of Chaos, and in what numbers)

ORDERS TO THE COLONY CAN NOW BE ISSUED.

ORDERS?
>>
No. 43932 ID: eeba7d

>>43922
Let's have the fat bottoms harvesting Roots of Chaos go gather concentrated nutrients, have the idle fat bottoms assist with expanding Crescent.

And we need to scout out more. See if we can find some more antlions or centipedes or something. We need to give our warrior ants something to fight so they can grow stronger. Have the Flash ants scout out and report back upon finding anything so we can dispatch Merciless and/or Death on Six Legs to investigate and/or murder the anomaly.

And no feeding anything the roots of chaos... that's just asking for a mutant out of control killer ant rampaging through the nest.
>>
No. 43933 ID: 6faa8c

>>43922
I'd say ten Merciless for now, just to see what happens. LOLXOM
>>
No. 43943 ID: 6164e0

>>43932
How many Flash in what directions?

North: Loud Buzzing
North-East: Buzzing
East: ???
South-East: ???
South: No Buzzing
South-West: No Buzzing
West: ???

>>43933
10 of the 16 idle The Merciless set to consume Roots of Chaos in Stealin', in route.

>>43932
DECENT INTELLIGENCE BONUS
By building a fully collapsible chamber, the experiment could be made easily destroyed in case of a threat to the colony.
>>
No. 43944 ID: 6164e0

(Also, I am going to be posting from other computers today probably, so I think it is time to adopt a trip. And seeing as how I do not know how to do this..... Can someone tell me how one uses trip?)
>>
No. 43945 ID: f98e0b

>>43944

Name##tripcode (tripcode is just any word)
>>
No. 43947 ID: eeba7d

>>43943
South-East: 5
South: 4
South-West: 5
West: 5

Ugh, if we have to do a Xomtastic experiment, then at least build the collapsible room first.

But have the ants try them one at a time so we can get any useful mutations out without having to trap them in with anything dangerous, please? Can we please at least take that precaution?
>>
No. 43949 ID: eeba7d

>>43945
Apparently the number of #s you put in your name equates to the number of !s that show up before the trip code. I only use one #.
>>
No. 43954 ID: 6faa8c

>>43947
Don't see why not.
>>
No. 43963 ID: 64d98f

>>43945
Secure tripcodes are for fags, by the way. Just use one # for a tripcode that won't get you made fun of.

>>43949
With one # it's just a tripcode, with two it's a secure tripcode. Regular tripcodes are easier to guess. Also, the tripcode changes depending on how many you use.
>>
No. 43981 ID: 44ae36

Flash dispatched in the following order:

South-East: 5
South: 4
South-West: 5
West: 5

Thanks to their complex scent trails, even if they die knowledge of what they found will be gained. Should they be dispatched with orders to return upon finding anything of note or continue exploring?

Stealin' was constructed with security in mind, and a small chamber suitable for up to 20 The Merciless/Fat Bottomed Girls to be safely and securely held in is available. This chamber currently has no Roots of Chaos stored in it. How many units of Roots of Chaos should be stored there for when the test subjects arrive? (75 units of Roots of Chaos have been harvested)

-New Standing Orders: Any test subjects will eat Roots of Chaos one at a time, so that in the event of a catastrophic mutation, the chamber will be collapsed with only the one test subject and however many units of Roots of Chaos are inside being destroyed.

Further orders? (there are still idle ants!)
>>
No. 43987 ID: eeba7d

>>43981
Let's put 20 units of Roots of Chaos in the test chamber for now.

The warrior ants will wait for the reports back from the scout ants. Let's have any idle fat bottoms work on continuing expansion of Crescent.
>>
No. 43991 ID: 44ae36

>>43987
20 units of Roots of Chaos placed in collapsible chamber in Stealin' for coming test subjects.

14 Idle Fat Bottomed Girls assigned to expanding Crescent.

Flash given orders to return once finding any discovery of note.

6 The Merciless and 6 They Might Be Giants idle, awaiting findings from Flash scouts.

Are there further orders to issue or should KILLER QUEEN prepare to lay eggs?
>>
No. 44005 ID: 987386

Maybe we should include some larvae in the roots of chaos experiment. Feed various types only it since hatching?
>>
No. 44007 ID: eeba7d

>>43991
None here. Don't know about anybody else.
>>
No. 44008 ID: 44ae36

(Okay then, moving on to KILLER QUEEN egg laying)

KILLER QUEEN can lay up to 100 eggs, what load out should be used?
>>
No. 44011 ID: f78140

65 merciless
3 TMBG
5 FBG
>>
No. 44014 ID: c0af71

>>44011
Works for me.
>>
No. 44176 ID: 6164e0

The following eggs will be lain.

65 merciless
3 TMBG
5 FBG

Time advancement imminent.

(One sec.)
>>
No. 44179 ID: 6164e0
File 125290038547.jpg - (60.19KB , 613x871 , Crescent Hour 4_5.jpg )
44179

-All ants set to feed themselves whenever they have 30 minutes left before becoming Lethargic.
-Fat Bottomed Girls have continued harvesting Roots of chaos, but the thick exterior the needs to be cut through coupled with the need for the ants to carefully not ingest the food when harvesting slows the harvesting process.

CRESCENT COLONY AGE: 4.0 HOURS

TOTALS:
1 KILLER QUEEN
1 The Hero Scars of Yesterday (Returning at a later date)
1 Toxic
1 Wings of Destiny (Returning at a later date)
6 They Might Be Giants (2 more at hour 5, 3 more at hour 5.5) (1 Returning at a later date)
19 Death on Six Legs (1 Returning at a later date)
130 The Merciless
157 Fat Bottomed Girls
19 Flash (10 more at hour 6) (1 Returning at a later date)
20 Lurkers at the Threshold ('planted')

STATUS:
KILLER QUEEN: Sated (does not need food until hour 5), can produce more eggs in Chamber 4

The Hero Scars of Yesterday: (???), Returning at a later date.

Toxic: Sated (needs 2 units of food in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Idle outside of Crescent.

Wings of Destiny: (???), Returning at a later date.

They Might Be Giants:
-6 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4

Death on Six Legs:
-19 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Patrolling Crescent

The Merciless:
-25 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Patrolling Crescent (2 mutated)
-24 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Guarding Fat Bottomed Girls gathering Concentrated Nutrients
-9 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), Test Subjects of Roots of Chaos
-70 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4

Fat Bottomed Girls:
-46 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or become Lethargic), Harvesting Roots of Chaos(1 mutated)
-60 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or become Lethargic), Expanding Crescent
-46 Sated (self-feeding), gathering Concentrated Nutrients
-5 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4

Flash:
-5 Sated (self-feeding), Scouting area
-5 Sated (self-feeding), Scouting area
-5 Sated (self-feeding), Scouting area
-4 Sated (will need to feed in 30 minutes or become Lethargic), Idle in chamber 2

Lurkers at the Threshold:
-20 'planted' about Crescent's surface

FOOD:
5 units of Yellow Flower Leaf (Quality: 1/10)
0 units of Nest Robber Centipede (Quality: 3/10)
175 units of Black Dragonfly (Quality: 3/10)
1,137 units of Concentrated Nutrients (Quality: 4/10)
0 units of Yellow Flower Nectar/Blossoms (Quality: 2/10 Warriors, 4/10 Non-Warriors) Special: Masks Non-Warrior Scent
8 units of Flying Beast Bumblebee (Quality: 5/10) Special: Tastes Like Poison
22 units of Abomination Hornet (Quality: 7/10)
0 units of Bohemian Rhapsody (Quality: 9/10) Special: Instantly removes Lethargy, Strengthens Consumers
75 Units of Roots of Chaos (Quality: XOM/10)
60 units of Dead Ant (Quality Unknown)

Storage:
Chamber 1 current maximum capacity: 300 points (300/300 used)
Chamber 2 current maximum capacity: 500 points (4/550 used)
Chamber 3 current maximum capacity: 375 points (375/375 used)
Chamber 4 current maximum capacity: 600 points (81/650 used)
Chamber 5 current maximum capacity: 175 points (650/650 used)
Chamber 6 current maximum capacity: 600 points (161/325 used)
Chamber 7 current maximum capacity: 600 points (0/500 used)
Chamber 8 current maximum capacity: 600 points (0/300 used)
Chamber 9 current maximum capacity: 600 points (0/275 used)
Chamber 10 current maximum capacity: 600 points (0/475 used)
Stealin' current maximum capacity: 200 points (115/200 used)
Stealin’s Test Chamber maximum capacity: 40 units (10/40 used)
(KILLER QUEEN, Wings of Destiny and They Might Be Giants are worth 10 points, The Hero Scars of Yesterday is worth 5 points, Death on Six Legs and Toxic are worth 2 points, Flash, The Merciless and Fat Bottomed Girls are worth 1 point. Food is 1 point per unit of food)

!!REMINDER!! KILLER QUEEN can now attempt to make up to two new strains at a checkpoint.
!!REMINDER!! KILLER QUEEN can now save upgrades for later checkpoints!
!!REMINDER!! KILLER QUEEN has gotten better at making new ant strains!
!!NOTICE!! Flash scouts sent to the south have encountered a new field with two new flowers unguarded by flying beasts. However, this new field has an occupant, who was able to communicate to the Flash that this field of flowers was hers, that her name was Def Leppard and that the ants should not try to take her food. Image of occupant imminent.
!!NOTICE!! Thanks to increased intelligence, new mining and large scale digging techniques have allowed ants to build larger chambers and dig through harder materials faster than before!
!!NOTICE!! 10 The Merciless have been mutated! 2 melted into the flour, scouring away stone until they had boiled away, 1 has lost his legs and is now incapable of any action but biting and feeding, 1 has started to ooze mucus from it’s antenna that severely lessens it’s senses, 2 have fused together into a multi-ant, but the fusion is only as capable as one ant, 1 ant has grown a blue lump on it’s forehead, but has experience no change in parameters, 2 ants have grown thicker fur on their bodies that seem to conserve heat, but do not impede them, and 1 has split into two new The Merciless.


(Picture of Def Leppard incoming)
>>
No. 44180 ID: 6164e0
File 125290042932.jpg - (172.83KB , 1024x768 , Def Leppard.jpg )
44180

(image of first of two new flowers imminent)
>>
No. 44181 ID: 6164e0
File 125290048038.jpg - (92.61KB , 640x480 , New Flower 1.jpg )
44181

(image of last of two flowers found imminent)
>>
No. 44182 ID: 6164e0
File 125290052517.jpg - (162.93KB , 715x535 , New Flower 2.jpg )
44182

ORDERS CAN NOW BE ISSUED

What are your orders?
>>
No. 44189 ID: 6164e0

(And to prove the prior posts are legit)
>>
No. 44204 ID: 13dac4

>>44179
Are you guys done fucking around with the Roots of Chaos now? Can we move on to something useful? Or shall we keep throwing ants away because lolxom?

All fat bottoms quit harvesting the Roots of Chaos. I don't get how two The Merciless could have been joined since we were testing them one at a time though...

Let's have 57 of our fat bottoms work on harvesting concentrated nutrients, and the other 100 continue expanding rooms 10 and the room below room 5.


As for Def Leppard... I think this would be a good time to send out Toxic as an emissary of the Queen. Poor guy needs a purpose after all. Let's have him find out what this bug is on about, how it could possibly need all the flowers in a field, if it represents more insects than itself, etc. We can evaluate the possibility of attacking it or allying with it once we know more. Send along 10 The Merciless and 2 They Might Be Giants as an honor guard.

Then let's send those 4 Flash out again, only this time to the East.
>>
No. 44211 ID: 6164e0

!!SECRET EVENT FOUND!!
Ant with blue lump on forehead:

What!? Voices in my head? What's going on?
>>
No. 44214 ID: 632862

>>44179
Dear god. Well, might as well feed the legless ant another unit of root to see if he regains mobility via a new mutation.
>>
No. 44215 ID: 13dac4

>>44211
Seriously? Bob? Seriously...?

<sigh> Hello, miss. We're the, um, Tumor of Infinite Psyche, it would seem. We give advice and sometimes humorous reaction pictures.

Let's find out what kind of level of intelligence we're dealing with here. Are you self aware? Do you understand the concept of you as an individual or are you solely an element of the colony?
>>
No. 44217 ID: 632862

>>44211
Oh great, we're risking Time Paradox now if we tell this ant about anything that's currently going on with Scars.
>>
No. 44218 ID: 6faa8c

>>44211
O lawdy

Hello, we are the Mushroom of Infinite Psyche.
>>
No. 44226 ID: 632862

>>44204
I agree that we should try and talk more with Def Leppard. Maybe we could set up a trading system so that we can utilize any special effects these new flowers have.
>>
No. 44231 ID: 6164e0

>>44214
Legless The Merciless set to feed on Roots of chaos again in one hour.

>>44215
>>44218
Ant of Infinite Psyche:

"H-hello? There are multiple thoughts? Not my thoughts? I am The Merciless, just as all my sisters of the same caste are. Self? I exist for KILLER QUEEN, and no other reason. What is self?"

>>44217
"What!? You know of Scars of Yesterday? Are you voices real? ...What is this you claim to know of KILLER QUEEN's champion, The Hero Scars of Yesterday?"

>>44226
"What? What is Def Leppard?"
>>
No. 44235 ID: 13dac4

>>44231
Ugh, he's intercepting our transmissions...!

Merciless, we are advisers of your Queen! And now the time has come that you serve her to the utmost of your ability. We need you to have the Queen eat your head.
>>
No. 44238 ID: 6164e0

>>44235
Ant of Infinite Psyche:

"LIES! KILLER QUEEN, our sovereign and ruler, is supreme! None advise her! The thoughts lie, and tell me to feed myself to KILLER QUEEN! Why would I listen to false thoughts!"
>>
No. 44244 ID: 13dac4

>>44238
Merciless, you will know your place. Before you were but a twinkle of genetic code stored in the KILLER QUEEN we were there with her, we were her! When she turned her mind toward the field and sought a location to call her home, we were there! When the horrific beast threatened her before she had ever laid her first egg, we watched with eager anticipation. When she burrowed into the Crescent at the start of her unstoppable empire, we dug with her.

We are not foreign voices, we ARE the very will of the Queen, and we demand obedience. Yours is not to listen but to obey.
>>
No. 44255 ID: 6164e0

>>44244
"..What? KILLER QUEEN? How can thoughts be KILLER QUEEN? KILLER QUEEN is KILLER QUEEN, and I am The Merciless, not KILLER QUEEN, I can not have her thoughts.

Will of KILLER QUEEN? But thoughts are not a pheromone order from KILLER QUEEN. But thoughts know history of colony? Why?"
>>
No. 44262 ID: 632862

>>44238
It would be wrong to say we *are* KILLER QUEEN, as she has a personality of her own, but we definitely influence her actions. Wait and listen, and you shall see.
>>
No. 44270 ID: 13dac4

((Hey Bob, is it possibly to talk this guy into sentience/hero-ness? Because if so, I'll sit here and writefag with you until he's René Descartes. But if not I'd rather not waste the effort))

>>44255
KILLER QUEEN's mind works in ways you cannot possibly imagine. Until now you (plural) have been touched by her will only externally, through pheromones. But the food you recently ate, the growth on your head, they have allowed you (singular) to hear her very own thoughts inside your head. You are a very rare ant, but you are presently a nuisance. The Queen cannot focus with her mind distracted with discussing this matter with you! Take a look around, see how no orders are being given. The lifeblood of the Crescent, the will of the Queen, they have been halted by your arrogance and disbelief!
>>
No. 44280 ID: 6164e0

>>44270
(Indeed, this ant CAN be talked into being a hero unit by helping her develop and individual personality, and from hear on out, any words intended to go to her should be prefaced with [Ant of Infinite Psyche:]. Anything not prefaced with that will be considered either discussion or orders for KILLER QUEEN and her progeny.)

>>44262
"Part of KILLER QUEEN? There are more parts than the one that gives pheromone orders? I do not know this, the colony does not know this, these thoughts are false."

>>44270
"Me? Different from other The Merciless caste? But we are the same, we are but one of the forms crafted and controlled by KILLER QUEEN, I cannot be different, this is my existence. What? Nuisance to KILLER QUEEN? But how can I be, I did as she ordered, I ate of the Roots of Chaos, I have obeyed her without question, that is my existence, how could I slow her?"
>>
No. 44281 ID: 632862

>>44255
Maybe you should just go talk to the Queen, see what she thinks.
>>
No. 44283 ID: 6faa8c

>>44280
[AoIP]: There is more to the queen than that which gives you orders. We are the part that prepares the orders.
>>
No. 44288 ID: 6164e0

>>44281
"But I have not been ordered to do so by her. You lie, thoughts, if she wished me, I would smell it."

>>44283
"KILLER QUEEN has more parts? Parts that can't be seen? I do not understand, what parts are these?"
>>
No. 44290 ID: 6faa8c

>>44288
[AoIP]: Like the inside, under her carapace and skin, we help Killer Queen make decisions.
>>
No. 44292 ID: 6164e0

>>44290
"But this is not inside our sovereign KILLER QUEEN's carapace, this is inside the colony Stealin'. Who can you be inside KILLER QUEEN here?"
>>
No. 44297 ID: 6faa8c

>>44292
<<Oh god discussing psychology and philosiphy with an ant halp>>
>>
No. 44308 ID: 632862

[AoIP] The way you hear us is like the way she hears us, except she does not realize she hears us. We guide her, not talk to her. What you are experiencing now is different from how this normally works.
>>
No. 44313 ID: 13dac4

>>44280
[Ant of Infinite Psyche]: Alright, it seems we have that cleared up now. You're no longer hindering our operations here. Hold on a moment.

Bob, I'd like to resubmit: >>44204

[Ant of Infinite Psyche]: Okay, sorry about that. Look, we can prove it to you that we are working with/through/for the Queen. I can predict to you her next commands, I can even get her to command you to do stuff. But that's hardly as interesting. Let's talk about you for a moment.

You are absolutely correct that you are one of The Merciless. But you and your sisters are command-able separately, not just as a single unit. Even if you believe you have no individual mind, you do have an individual identity in the tactical sense. You can be ordered to do a task that none of the other Merciless have been ordered to do. Therefore you can't be the exact same thing.

Now let's take this little conversation. You are discussing this with us. This isn't merely considering how best to carry out orders: you are actively thinking about how to respond and pondering our words to you. Your brain is active far more than you give yourself credit for. For instance, I'd like you to prove me wrong. I'd like you to argue with me. Because the irony is, that by arguing with me, you further establish yourself as an entity in this discussion, complete with a position and points to back yourself up. You aren't some mindless will reciting dogma. You are a being, that can think for itself. And we'd like to help you grow that capability if you're willing.
>>
No. 44315 ID: 6164e0

>>44308
"Hear you? I do not hear you, thoughts are in my head, I did not make them, but they are there. Thoughts keep lying, nothing guides KILLER QUEEN but KILLER QUEEN, thoughts aren't KILLER QUEEN, because I am not KILLER QUEEN, and thoughts are in my head, not hers."
>>
No. 44325 ID: 6164e0

Fat Bottomed Girls:
-100 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or become Lethargic), Expanding lower chambers.
-57 Sated (self-feeding), gathering Concentrated Nutrients

4 Flash sent out to the east.

Toxic, 10 The Merciless and 2 They Might Be Giants are heading to contact Def Leppard.

Further Orders before KILLER QUEEN begins laying eggs?

>>44313
"...I am... different? Individual? ....I can be ordered to do something alone, that which does that task is me? I am a specific The Merciless, a single part of the caste, part of the whole but of my own mind, is that it? ..I am that which communicates with you, this is true. ....But I do not know if I can believe you, KILLER QUEEN has issued orders, and you do not comment of them. I cannot trust you."
>>
No. 44327 ID: 632862

>>44315
[AoIP]
You don't hear your thoughts? Do you smell them instead? So far we have told you something that is close to the truth. We are KILLER QUEEN yet we are not. We advise her yet we are part of her. It is hard to explain to you, for we are not ants and do not fully understand how you think. The important thing is, we care about the Colony, and wish for it to prosper. We could even be your friends, if you prove useful.
>>
No. 44331 ID: 6164e0

>>44327
"THOUGHTS NOT ANT-THOUGHTS!? I WILL NOT INTERACT WITH SUCH INFERIOR THOUGHTS. THE ANT FORM IS DIVINE AND BLESSED, NOT-ANT THOUGHTS GO AWAY!"
>>
No. 44332 ID: 13dac4

>>44325
[Ant of Infinite Psyche]: Alright, alright. I respect your concerns. You are perfectly right to not trust us. So let us prove our claims. The Queen will call for you to join her in her chamber.


[Queen]: Call for the ant with the blue lump on its head to join you. Oh, and have the experiment repeated one more time for the ant without any limbs (in other words clear out all other ants, feed it Xomfood, then be ready to collapse test chamber).

[Ant of Infinite Psyche]: She'll also have the limb-less Merciless eat another unit of Roots of Chaos to see if it helps.
>>
No. 44335 ID: 632862

Well, I give up.
>>
No. 44340 ID: 6164e0

>>44332
"What? She will? But-"

Legless The Merciless has a chunk of Roots of Chaos put before her legless form, and the other ants are ordered to evacuate while she eats.

!!NOTICE!!Legless The Merciless has regrown it's legs! The ant appears hungry!

The Merciless with a blue growth on her head is orders to join KILLER QUEEN in chamber 4

"What? But thoughts knew! thoughts knew KILLER QUEEN would order our presence! Why do not-ant thoughts know this? I am confused..."
>>
No. 44350 ID: 13dac4

>>44340 / >>44339
[Ant of Infinite Psyche]: This is very confusing for you. It's a lot to take in. You have served your Queen to the best of your ability to this point, but now your abilities have grown. Do you remember when the other Merciless fought the underground monsters? Do you remember how they came out of the fight changed? Do you remember Scars and how he grew from his fight into something new and better?

Well you've gone through something harrowing of your own right. You consumed the Roots of Chaos and survived the ordeal. You came through it changed, different, better. You are no longer The Merciless, you are no longer "us". You are "I". You can call yourself "me". You can operate on your own without getting orders. Try it. Try heading to another room. Whichever one you prefer.


[Queen]: Tell the ant with the blue growth that she is no longer under any orders and may do as she pleases. Just trust on this one, it'll work out in the end.
>>
No. 44353 ID: 6164e0

>>44350
"No, I must follow KILLER QUEEN's orders, none other, I will not listen to thoughts, I-"

The Merciless with a blue growth in it's forehead is ordered to do as it wishes.

"What? But I don't understand. Why are not-ant thoughts right, why does KILLER QUEEN do as you say KILLER QUEEN will? ...I know I am me, I accept that I am an individual, but I don't know what is going on. What are thoughts?"

!!NOTICE!! The Merciless with a blue growth on it's head is developing an individual personality. This unit is now undergoing a metamorphosis into a hero unit, what will the new hero unit be called (standard naming conventions)?
>>
No. 44360 ID: b565f3

Another Stranger Me, perhaps?
>>
No. 44365 ID: b565f3

>>44360
Or maybe Nexus, too.
>>
No. 44366 ID: 6164e0

(Go ahead and post name suggestions or agree with existing ones, further orders or a nomination for KILLER QUEEN to begin laying eggs if you think it the time, as well as new things to say to the new ant. Will check all posts before starting again tomorrow.)
>>
No. 44398 ID: 632862

How about "Mind Riot"?
>>
No. 44400 ID: 28e9d7

>>44353
[Ant of Infinite Psyche]: Okay, I think I have a way to explain this that will help. You know of The Hero Scars of Yesterday. Scars is a special ant that knows how to think. He gives commands to other ants in combat. He is currently out seeing the world on a mission for the Queen. And when he gets back, he will relay to the Queen all that he has seen and his recommendation to her on what she should do. She cannot see through his eyes, but she trusts his judgement to assess the situation and suggest a course of action.

We are like Scars. We have seen things outside of Crescent, and we give recommendations to the Queen. But Scars still serves the Queen, and he is ant. Similarly, we serve the Queen and are ant. In that way, we are a part of the Queen due to our undying devotion to her and her cause. Just as all her servants and warriors are a part of her. So to say that we 'are' the Queen is not entirely accurate. We only said that because we were confused as to what was going on, just like you were. We wanted to get back to helping the Queen and did not like being separated from her. I'm sorry that it only made you more confused. =(



[Queen]: Have that Merciless that just got its legs back eat something. Concentrated Nutrients unless it feels an urge to eat something else. Have 2 Death on 6 Legs and a They Might Be Giants escort it around Crescent in case there's some surprise in store. Not too close though, in case it blows up or something.


As for AoIP's name, I suggest either Blue (an English pop band) or Eiffel ('I'm blue').
>>
No. 44414 ID: ed8d8a

I'm sure we can come up with a better song for disjointed consciousness and altered perception of reality. It seems like something Pink Floyd would have done, at the very lease.
If it were not 4:30 in the morning, I might give this issue some more thought.
>>
No. 44438 ID: 6164e0

>>44398
>>44400
(....How does Blue Mind Riot sound as a name? Still tentative, but if you like it, say so, and if you think you have a better name, post it. Continue labeling thoughts intended for her as [Ant of Infinite Psyche:])

>>44400
"I know of Scars of Yesterday. Yes, he can issue orders to other ants, he is one of the heroes, the Giantslayer, greatest of KILLER QUEEN's champions, and in her absence he can command us. Of course he can, for KILLER QUEEN, our maker/god, the one who molded us and commands us above all else, cannot see beyond her own area, and sometimes things happen outside of her field of influence. ....You are like that? Your purpose is to command in places where KILLER QUEEN cannot see or issue orders? ....You are ant thoughts after all? That.... that makes sense. You are not KILLER QUEEN, you are part of KILLER QUEEN and part of me? How can that be? I am me, I was me before, where are you? Ant thoughts must come from somewhere? ....Oh!! Are you coming from the blue growth on my head? Is that your body, ant thoughts?"

!!NOTICE!!You have gained limited trust of the ant that can hear you! She will believe most things you tell her that are explained in terms she can understand!

1 idle They Might Be Giants and 2 Death On Six Legs that had been patrolling Crescent are dispatched to guard The Merciless that has regrown its recently lost legs as it feed on some concentrated nutrients. No irregular activity is noted during feeding, and the ant seems sated now.

!!NOTICE!!The Merciless that regrew it's legs is noted to now have golden legs!


Should further orders be issued, or should KILLER QUEEN begin laying eggs to advance time, and if so, what eggs should she lay?
>>
No. 44440 ID: 9456b6

>>44438
Blue Mind Riot. Humorous yet effective. That has my vote.

Hmm, we'll need to have Scars check if this new ant has Valiance. Meanwhile let's send her outside and test his speed, agility, and jumping ability against a normal Merciless.

Other than that, I think we're ready to lay eggs now.


[AoIP]: Now you're getting it! You understand the what, without understanding the how. But the truth is, we don't understand the how either. We can talk to you through the blue thing, but we don't come from the blue growth. Just like how you can sense pheromones through your antennae, even though the pheromones come from other ants. You can hear us through the blue growth, but we don't come from it. After all, we've seen the history of the colony, so we were here before you got the blue thing. If I had to guess, I'd say we are the Queen's will given voice. Just like her pheromones are her orders given scent, we are her thoughts made real, only in a different way.
>>
No. 44442 ID: 6164e0

>>44440
Desired egg loadout?
(Also, NOTICE: I accidentally labeled the last time stamp 4.0 instead of 4.5, so the coming time stamp, 5.0, will be correct. Just informing you all)

>>44440
"Ant thoughts are not in blue growth? ....Yes that must be true, ant thoughts know history of colony, I have not had the growth that long. ....Oh? Ant thoughts are like pheromones? Pheromones that can think? ...And I perceive you with the blue growth? ...Okay, I think I understand that. KILLER QUEEN's will? So thoughts are a part of KILLER QUEEN after all. Hmmm.... Thinking pheromones, part of KILLER QUEEN's will, can be perceived with new growth.. I think that makes sense, you were always there, serving KILLER QUEEN as a part of her, but none of our sovereign's creations could perceive you, until I grew this new organ and became the first besides our ruler/god to recognize your existence? Is that it?

..Um, if only our creator/god and I can perceive these thoughts, does that mean I am different from my caste, and am no longer The Merciless? Then I need a new name to identify myself as an individual due to this, right? ....How does Blue Mind Riot sound, since the blue growth lets me get other thoughts in my head?"

(New ant will be named Blue Mind Riot unless another name is offered and then gets significant support to be chosen in it's stead. Continue prefacing thoughts intended for her with [Ant of Infinite Psyche:] until her name has been finalized.)

Orders?
>>
No. 44444 ID: 6164e0

!!NOTICE!! One of the idle The Merciless is brought to the group containing The Merciless with golden legs, to compare physical abilities. Both ants have comparable speed, traction, jumping ability, strength, etc. It does not seem anything other than the regrown legs are different about this ant. Perhaps more can be learned by letting an ant with Valiance inspect it at some point.
>>
No. 44446 ID: 9456b6

>>44442
Um, yeah... I can't remember what the allotment requirements were for the different castes. Like how many eggs one egg is equivalent to. Do you have a chart you could post as a reminder?


[AoIP]: Yes, that's exactly it! I know it's still a bit confusing, but you have a pretty good handle on it.
>>
No. 44459 ID: 6164e0

>>44446
Flash: 5 eggs worth, take 2 hours to mature
They Might Be Giants: 10 eggs worth, take 1 hour to mature, need five units of food per feeding
All other strains cost 1 egg, take 1 feeding and 30 minutes to mature, and are the following:
Fat Bottomed Girls
The Merciless
Lurkers at the Threshold

What load out should be used?

"..Okay. That makes sense, I think. Should I do anything, or just wait for more orders from KILLER QUEEN herself?"
>>
No. 44461 ID: d320ba

>>44459
We currently have enough of everything, really. But keeping in mind future needs, let's do 5 TMBGs and 10 Flash.

[AoIP]: Hmm, you can wait for more orders from the Queen. Or you could try talking with her if you'd like. She ordered you to do as you choose, so have at it.
>>
No. 44464 ID: 6164e0

>>44461
Egg loadout:

5 They Might Be Giants
10 Flash

"Oh, I do not know if I could talk to our lord/divine being KILLER QUEEN, she is that which controls and creates us. But, if I really should, what should I say to her? Oh? She looks bored, for some reason."

Timestamp imminent
>>
No. 44465 ID: 6164e0
File 12529494386.jpg - (57.00KB , 613x871 , Crescent Hour 5.jpg )
44465

-All ants set to feed themselves whenever they have 30 minutes left before becoming Lethargic.
-Fat Bottomed Girls have continued harvesting Roots of chaos, but the thick exterior the needs to be cut through coupled with the need for the ants to carefully not ingest the food when harvesting slows the harvesting process.

CRESCENT COLONY AGE: 5.0 HOURS
NOTE: Last timestamp was incorrectly listed as the 4.0 hour timestamp instead of the 4.5 hour timestamp. Current timestamp is correct at hour 5.0

TOTALS:
1 KILLER QUEEN
1 The Hero Scars of Yesterday (Returning at a later date)
1 Toxic
1 Wings of Destiny (Returning at a later date)
8 They Might Be Giants (3 more at hour 5.5, 5 more at hour 6) (1 Returning at a later date)
19 Death on Six Legs (1 Returning at a later date)
127 The Merciless
157 Fat Bottomed Girls
19 Flash (10 more at hour 6, 10 more at hour 7) (1 Returning at a later date)
20 Lurkers at the Threshold ('planted')

STATUS:
KILLER QUEEN: Sated (does not need food until hour 5), can produce more eggs in Chamber 4

The Hero Scars of Yesterday: (???), Returning at a later date.

Toxic: Sated (needs 2 units of food in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Traveling to Def Leppard

Wings of Destiny: (???), Returning at a later date.

Blue Mind Riot: Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Idle in chamber 4

They Might Be Giants:
-2 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Traveling to Def Leppard
-4 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4
-2 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Guarding The Merciless that regenerated it’s legs.

Death on Six Legs:
-17 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Patrolling Crescent
-2 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Guarding The Merciless that regenerated it’s legs.

The Merciless:
-25 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Patrolling Crescent (2 mutated)
-24 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or will become Lethargic), Guarding Fat Bottomed Girls gathering Concentrated Nutrients
-8 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), Test Subjects of Roots of Chaos (mutated)
-10 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Traveling to Def Leppard
-60 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4

Fat Bottomed Girls:
-100 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or become Lethargic), Expanding lower chambers.
-57 Sated (self-feeding), gathering Concentrated Nutrients

Flash:
-5 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or become Lethargic ), Idle in Chamber 4
-5 Sated (self-feeding), Scouting South
-5 Sated (self-feeding), Scouting South-West
-4 Sated (self-feeding), Scouting East

Lurkers at the Threshold:
-20 'planted' about Crescent's surface

FOOD:
5 units of Yellow Flower Leaf (Quality: 1/10)
0 units of Nest Robber Centipede (Quality: 3/10)
175 units of Black Dragonfly (Quality: 3/10)
1,004 units of Concentrated Nutrients (Quality: 4/10)
0 units of Yellow Flower Nectar/Blossoms (Quality: 2/10 Warriors, 4/10 Non-Warriors) Special: Masks Non-Warrior Scent
8 units of Flying Beast Bumblebee (Quality: 5/10) Special: Tastes Like Poison
22 units of Abomination Hornet (Quality: 7/10)
0 units of Bohemian Rhapsody (Quality: 9/10) Special: Instantly removes Lethargy, Strengthens Consumers
75 Units of Roots of Chaos (Quality: XOM/10)
60 units of Dead Ant (Quality Unknown)

Storage:
Chamber 1 current maximum capacity: 300 points (300/300 used)
Chamber 2 current maximum capacity: 500 points (0/550 used)
Chamber 3 current maximum capacity: 375 points (375/375 used)
Chamber 4 current maximum capacity: 600 points (67/650 used)
Chamber 5 current maximum capacity: 175 points (650/650 used)
Chamber 6 current maximum capacity: 600 points (0/325 used)
Chamber 7 current maximum capacity: 500 points (0/500 used)
Chamber 8 current maximum capacity: 300 points (0/300 used)
Chamber 9 current maximum capacity: 275 points (0/275 used)
Chamber 10 current maximum capacity: 725 points (0/725 used)
Chamber 11 current maximum capacity: 600 points (0/600 used)
Stealin' current maximum capacity: 200 points (115/200 used)
Stealin’s Test Chamber maximum capacity: 40 units (10/40 used)
(KILLER QUEEN, Wings of Destiny and They Might Be Giants are worth 10 points, The Hero Scars of Yesterday is worth 5 points, Death on Six Legs and Toxic are worth 2 points, Blue Mind Riot, Flash, The Merciless and Fat Bottomed Girls are worth 1 point. Food is 1 point per unit of food)

!!REMINDER!! KILLER QUEEN can now attempt to make up to two new strains at a checkpoint.
!!REMINDER!! KILLER QUEEN can now save upgrades for later checkpoints!
!!REMINDER!! KILLER QUEEN has gotten better at making new ant strains!
!!NOTICE!! Flash scouts sent to the South-East have returned! They found a new type of plant! Picture imminent. Location of new plant is one hour travel South-East for all non-Flash, except They Might Be Giants, which would take two hours to travel to the location. No inhabitants were observed in the area.
!!NOTICE!! Fat Bottomed Girls sent to gather yellow flower leaves to convert to concentrated nutrients report that their current number of [57] may overgraze the yellow flowers, and recommend their number be cut back to no more than [50] gathering such to keep the material indefinitely harvestable.
!!NOTICE!! Resources are being consumed faster than they are being brought in!
!!NOTICE!! Toxic and the guard unit escorting her have reached Def Leppard’s area. Def Leppard seems to be ignoring them at the moment. Control of Toxic and retinue is now possible, and any things Toxic should say or do should be prefaced with [Toxic:].

ASSESSING UPGRADES EARNED.

New hero unit: Blue Mind Riot gained: 1 upgrade

You have earned: 1 total upgrade.

Please spend upgrade(s) on the following:

Improve Fat Bottomed Girls Strain Lv4. (REQUIRES 2 UPGRADES)
Improve The Merciless Strain Lv2.
Improve Flash Strain
Improve They Might Be Giants Strain
Improve Lurkers at the Threshold Strain
Create New Ant Strain
Make Death on Six Legs a normal Strain (makes it upgradeable, lets KILLER QUEEN lay eggs) (REQUIRES 2 UPGRADES, d20 rolled, must beat 14)
Create Specialty Strain: Cry of the Brave Ant (REQUIRES 2 UPGRADES, d30 rolled, must beat 23)
Create Specialty Strain: Brood Forge Ant (capable of producing any strains KILLER QUEEN can, REQUIRES 2 UPGRADES, d30 rolled, must beat 13)
Create New Ant Strain described by Blue Mind Riot to KILLER QUEEN(quality of new breed and restrictions imposed determined by rolling a d30, the higher the roll the better the results, if choosing this option a voting period will be opened to determine what description Blue Mind Riot will give to KILLER QUEEN)
Upgrade Exoskeletons Lv2.
Upgrade Mandible Quality Lv2.
Upgrade Intelligence Lv3. (REQUIRES 2 UPGRADES)
Specialize KILLER QUEEN (choose either attack, defense, harvesting, digging or mobility) (can specialize multiple times, and stack upgrades)
Gift KILLER QUEEN Poison Trait to Blue Mind Riot.
Retain upgrade point for later use.

First upgrade(s) to reach 3 votes will be chosen.

(Picture of new plant incoming)
>>
No. 44466 ID: 6164e0
File 125294950299.jpg - (33.05KB , 360x340 , New Fungus Found.jpg )
44466

ORDERS CAN NOW BE ISSUED

What orders should be made/actions taken?
>>
No. 44469 ID: b565f3

>>44465
Upgrade exoskeletons
>>
No. 44470 ID: d320ba

>>44465
Let's save up the upgrade and use it to get the Brood Forge Ant. With that we can expand at an exponential rate and eventually even take on the Empire!
>>
No. 44471 ID: f78140

>>44466
save upgrade.
>>
No. 44472 ID: 6164e0

>>44469
1 vote for Upgrade Exoskeleton

>>44470
>>44471
2 votes for save upgrade.
>>
No. 44473 ID: 6164e0

Upgrade is set to be stored for use at future timestamps. Any objections?
>>
No. 44478 ID: ed8d8a

nope
>>
No. 44480 ID: 0e51dd

Voting save upgrade.
>>
No. 44512 ID: 6164e0

1 upgrade saved.

Orders can be issued conventionally to ants.
Toxic and her retinue can be controlled directly with any material prefaced with [Toxic:]
Blue Mind Riot can be communicated with by prefacing any material intended for her with [Ant of Infinite Psyche:]
Blue Mind Riot still does not know how to begin a conversation with KILLER QUEEN.


Orders?
>>
No. 44554 ID: f78140

>>44512

have 75 FBG continue to expand lower chambers.
have 57 FBG continue to gather concentrate
send 25 FBG with 5 TMBG and [AoIP] to gather the mushroom thing.

continue the experiement at stealin
continue to scoot aboot using flash

(i'd suggest something for AoIP to say to KQ, but i can't think good right now)
>>
No. 44556 ID: b565f3

>>44554
Reduce the number of harvesters to an even 50 so we don't end up clearcutting the field, as per the notification earlier.
>>
No. 44559 ID: 6164e0

>>44554
There are only four Idle They Might Be Giants, two are with Toxic en route to Def Leppard's area, and two more are guarding the ant that regrew it's legs.

>>44554
>>44556
Number of Fat Bottomed Girls harvesting yellow flower leaves to make Concentrated nutrients reduced to 50
Number of Fat Bottomed Girls expanding lower chambers reduced to 75
32 spare Fat Bottomed girls set to depart with Blue Mind Riot when their They Might Be Giants escort is resolved.

REMINDER: Sending They Might Be Giants with the party will slow their travel speed, making the journey last two hours instead of one. Proceed?


Further orders?
>>
No. 44561 ID: cc6b8c

Oops, I took a nap and now I gotta go to class. I don't have time to type up dialogue for Toxic or Blue Mind Riot.

>>44554
Just in case you decide to go on, I agree with this except reduce the number of FBGs harvesting nutrients to 50. Also, that fungus seems... suspicious. Let's send 30 The Merciless along with the fungus party. They aren't doing anything anyway.

I'll post again as soon as I get a chance (the wi-fi in that lecture hall is really terrible and unreliable).
>>
No. 44562 ID: cc6b8c

>>44559
On second thoughts, no, let's not send TMBG. Send 40 The Merciless along. I had forgotten that TMBGs slow groups down.
>>
No. 44565 ID: f78140

>>44559
send 4 TMBG and the 30 merciless.
yes, it'll slow the party. but it'll give AoIP a chance to make decisions, and consider our suggestions.
>>
No. 44568 ID: 6164e0

>>44565
4 They Might Be Giants, 40 The Merciless, 32 Fat Bottomed Girls, 1 Blue Mind Riot set to make a one hour trip (slowed to two hours by They Might Be Giants) to inspect and possibly harvest the new fungus. Proceed?
>>
No. 44575 ID: ed8d8a

negative. no TMBG. They are for situations where hostilities are inevitable and a need for speed is unlikely.
>>
No. 44576 ID: 3b1b26

[Blue Mind Riot]: It turns out we do have a job for you after all. You're being sent to oversee a scout/gathering expedition. You should take this time to say something to your Queen before you go. Just be honest with her, tell her that it is an honor to serve and that you will do your best. She already knows it, but she never mind hearing an independent ant reaffirm it vocally (er, phenomenally...).

>>44568
I'm really hesitant about sending away almost all of our TMBGs... We need those for defending the colony and they'd slow things down too much. I'm voting 40 Merciless and no TMBGs.


Also, all ants currently guarding the golden-legged ant, resume your previous idle states.


[Toxic]: Approach the bug and call out. "Hail, Def Leppard! I am Toxic, emissary of Killer Queen of Crescent to the north. I come here on a diplomatic mission. Our Queen is always looking for new allies and we would like to get to know you better. Are there others of your kind with you, and if so are you the leader? What do you need all these flowers for and would you be willing to set up trade?"
>>
No. 44593 ID: 6164e0

>>44576
(I believe you might mean Pheromonically, if it even can be conjugated that way [I have no idea], so that is how I will interpret your post)

>>44576 [Blue Mind Riot:]
"Oh! I will be leading a collection of KILLER QUEEN's forces? But why me? ...I suppose it does not matter, I will serve KILLER QUEEN in any way she desires. Oh? Okay, I'll tell KILLER QUEEN that"

Blue Mind Riot, who has been idle in the chamber beside KILLER QUEEN, emits a pheromone scent of her own, to tell her queen of her thoughts.

"Grand sovereign, I would like to take the chance before I leave to say what an honor it is to serve you, and that I will do everything I can to serve as well as I can."

KILLER QUEEN stops sending out pheremones for a moment, her head swinging to consider her tiny daughter. There is a moment of stillness, before KILLER QUEEN responds.

"....It...is good, to have such thoughts brought before me. With Scars of Yesterday still away, and Toxic now dispatched as well, I was not expecting to be communicating so. Still, you have your orders, and time is being wasted."

Without further comment of fanfare, KILLER QUEEN turns from Blue Mind Riot, her mind once again set to running the colony. But if one knew to look for it, there was a little more zest in her messages, and her posture and scent evidenced more happiness than before. Without trying to address her queen any further, Blue Mind Riot departs, to lead a force to these new fungus found.

....................................................................................................................
>>44576 [Toxic:]
Toxic sees before her the spotted beetle that has been ignoring her and her honor guard for some few minutes now, and decides to initiate dialogue with the large beetle, thrice the size of They Might Be Giants. She could never face her queen if she did not do everything she could.

"Hail, Def Leppard! I am Toxic, emissary of KILLER QUEEN of Crescent. I come here on a diplomatic mission. Our queen would like to get to know you better. Are there others of your kind with you, and if so are you the leader? What do you need all these flowers for and would you be willing to set up trade?"

Def Leppard stops her current actions, and stares at Toxic for a time before responding.

"I feed and hunt here with a few others. We have no leader, and no interest in alliances. We wish to be left alone, and this land is ours. There will be no trade, nor passage through our land, under penalty of death for those who ignore this."

...That was rather emphatically negative, and Def Leppard does not look interested in further communication. Toxic is not sure how to continue.

>>44562
>>44575
>>44576
40 The Merciless, 32 Fat Bottomed Girls, 1 Blue Mind Riot set out on a one hour trip to inspect and possibly harvest the new fungus.

6 They Might be Giants, 5 Flash and 20 The Merciless are Idle in Chamber 4.


Orders/actions?
>>
No. 44612 ID: 09315a

>>44593
(Oh, lol. I wasn't sure how to spell it so I let Firefox correct it and thought that was that. Guess I shoulda double checked, heh.)

Well, I think that sets Def Leppard and its kind up as foes to be exterminated. I'm torn though, between having Toxic do it herself to grow stronger and having them wait for Scars and WoD to return so they can handle it with less risk of Toxic getting messily murdered before we even get to use her. Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?


[Blue Mind Riot]: You made her happy! Way to go! ^_^

You were chosen to lead because you are special, because you can hear us and we can assist you in fulfilling the will of the Queen, even when she is not within range to speak to you in person. It is both a great honor and a heavy responsibility. But I'm sure you're up to the task. Do the Queen proud, and make certain you stay alive so as to continue serving the Queen with your unique abilities.


[Queen]: Have one ant that's hungry try one of the dead ant carcasses. If I recall correctly, we gain upgrade points for finding new food, and we haven't tried that food yet.



Alright guys, we need to discuss this food issue. We are eating more than we're making, and the problem is only going to get worse if we keep making more ants. I think we can alleviate some of the problem by making a second colony once we unlock the Brood Forge Ant. But for now we need to do something. We could waste ants on Xom experiments, but I don't think that's really worth it. We could use the ants in a dangerous attack, some will die but others will grow stronger and depending on the target we may gain something. Hopefully our scouts will return shortly with useful information that can help us address the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas for food gathering? What about that cloaking nectar stuff? And wasn't our plan with Stealin' to pull entire flowers underground, I thought? Why isn't that happening? I can't remember.
>>
No. 44620 ID: 6164e0

>>44612 [Blue Mind Riot]
"I did? I made our god/queen happy? That is good. I am worthy of leading the force because I have your thoughts in my head? I guess that makes sense, thoughts seem to know things. Don't die? I can try."

One of the Death on Six legs patrolling Crescent has tried the dead ants. the food is not particularly appealing, but is entirely edible. QUALITY: 2/10


Orders?
>>
No. 44623 ID: b565f3

>>44612
Think there's any chance Def Leppard might know Metallica?
>>
No. 44628 ID: 6164e0

>>44623
(You could have Toxic ask her.)
>>
No. 44632 ID: b565f3

>>44628
Hah, why the hell not? Go for it then, can't hurt!
>>
No. 44641 ID: 6164e0

>>44632
(If you want Toxic to do something, please preface the suggestion with [Toxic:] Also, if you could at least make a rough outline of the dialogue desired, that would be nice.)
>>
No. 44793 ID: ed8d8a

>>44641
I really can't think of a way to transition directly into this other than "Hay! You are a beetle, do you know this other big beetle? because all beetles know eachother"
A more generally productive and natural question might be to ask what Def Leppard's relationship with the two major powers we know about is. The colony knows the names "Mandarinian Empire" and "Collective" right?

"So you must not be part of the Collective then. Have you turned their emissaries away as well?"
[natural conversation hopefully happens here]
"Do you have trouble protecting your flowers and territory from the yellow beasts of the Mandarinian Empire?"

>>44612
We can subsist on our stores for a while yet, so the food issue is not critical, though we will want to address it. I was going to bring up the original purpose of Stealin' too once attention shifted away from the exploran. The stealth capabilities of the pollen might be helpful in exploring THIS potential food source, depending on how things go now.
>>
No. 44794 ID: ed8d8a

>>44793
eh, pretend I put [Toxic]: in front of those quotes. this convention is going to take some getting used to.
>>
No. 44810 ID: 6164e0

>>44793 [Toxic:]
No, this is not right. I cannot turn away so easily, I must learn more for my queen. I once more address Def Leppard.

"So you are not part of The Collective, I take it?"

"The Collective? Who is that?"

Hmm. A lack of knowledge I did not expect. It seems we were not alone in our lack of understanding about the area's political situation.

"And what of the Mandarinian Empire, do you know of them?"

"Those really big yellow and black fliers with fuzzy harvesters, right? They looked at the flowers here, and didn't find what they want, so they leave us alone. And I expect you to leave us alone as well."

So. These flowers are of no interest to the Mandarinian empire. Further, it seems they do not know about much beyond the immediate area, if they do not know of The Collective. And if they are not part of either, they have no overwhelmingly powerful allies to call on.

Perhaps a change in focus is required. What was that massive beetle's name? The one that claimed to be known far and wide? Ah..

"Do you happen to know a beetle by the name of Metallica?"

Def Leppard stiffens, clinging rigidly to the flower stalk she is inspecting.

"That....that MONSTER killed and ate half of our tribe when we refused it entrance, and consumed from our hunting ground at it's leisure before leaving, fully sated and gorged off of OUR land! ....Why, do you know that abomination?"

Rage and Fear intermingle in Def Leppard's scent as she starts to flare her shell in agitation.

Hmm.... perhaps there is a way to gain access to these fields.




ORDERS?
(Commands for Toxic should be prefaced with [Toxic:], thoughts intended for Blue Mind Riot should be prefaced with [Blue Mind Riot:], and orders for the colony as a whole need no special preface. 6 They Might be Giants, 5 Flash and 20 The Merciless are Idle in Chamber 4. Beyond that, all ants have tasks assigned, so KILLER QUEEN can begin laying eggs at any time, but doing so ends dialogue with Def Leppard and starts Toxic and her retinue on the path home)
>>
No. 44812 ID: 0e1212

>>44810
Alright, it seems we have two choices here. We can say he's our ally and threaten returning with him if they don't comply with our demands. This has the downside that they may attack us immediately. It all depends on if their fear is greater than their rage.

Alternatively we can say he is an enemy of ours and raided our colony as well, threatening to return to the area. This may make them ally with us and establish trade. Or they might just say it's our problem and blow us off.

This seems a lot like a KotOR fork in the road. Light side or dark side, what shall we do?
>>
No. 44824 ID: 632862

>>44812
We could also say we have a working relationship with him and might be able to convince him not to do it again, for a... small fee.
>>
No. 44826 ID: 6164e0

>>44812
>>44824
OPTIONS:
Claim Metallica is an ally, threaten his return if you are not given tribute/food.
Claim Metallica is an enemy, and that we should band together to keep him away.
Claim to know Metallica, and being able to convince him not to return for a tribute.
[Insert other things to say here]


CHOOSE WISELY
>>
No. 44834 ID: ed8d8a

alternately, could go with my actual response, which would be something along the lines of:
Really? He seemed like such a nice fellow when he came to visit us. Though he did seem strong enough to take what he wanted I suppose, so if you offended him with words as harsh as you have met us with, I could believe it. Perhaps you should be more careful how you greet strangers in the future.
>>
No. 44845 ID: 0e1212

>>44834
That doesn't seem like it'd gain us anything better than, 'get off my lawn.'

I'm hesitant to make a threat about Metallica backing us up since he probably won't, so there's no way we can follow through on that. I actually really like >>44824. It's honest and plausible. That has my vote.
>>
No. 44846 ID: 6164e0

>>44834 [Toxic:]

This can be exploited, I know it, I just don't know how to exploit it yet. Perhaps I can soften her up to the idea of trade with some heavier persuasion...

"Really? He seemed like such a nice fellow when he came to visit us, but then, we offered him some food as guests, and he seemed to eat only enough to take the edge off his hunger, not to gorge himself. ...Though he did seem strong enough to take what he wanted I suppose, so if you offended him with words as harsh as you have met us with, I could believe it. Perhaps you should be more careful how you greet strangers in the future, if you want to avoid such events in the future."

Def Leppard glares at me, but her wildly twitching antenna give away her indecision on how to respond to this.

(INTIMIDATION-BASED DIPLOMACY: PARTIAL SUCCESS!)

"....W-watch what you say, this is our land, and our rules. ..!? But you still haven't said what Metallica is to you."

Def Leppard looks a bit more ready to simply order us to leave on pain of violence, but she also seems more afraid, more off-balance. If I choose my next words carefully....

Hmm. I might be able to keep pressing, maybe even break her, before ever committing to a viewpoint on Metallica. Alternatively, I could try to determine which portrayal of our relationship with Metallica would be the most beneficial.

And there is always the ever present option to attempt to cleanse this field of it's inhabitants, to break them, drive them before us and conquer in the name of KILLER QUEEN. But it is somewhat hard to go to negotiation after making that choice.


What should I do?
>>
No. 44856 ID: 0e1212

>>44846
[Toxic]: "Your rules are the very thing that got you into trouble in the first place. The unbending twig stands tall, but in the strong wind it snaps in half. The flower stock is much less rigid and sways with the breeze. But after the harsh wind it returns to its upright position instead of being broken."

"If you continue to follow your rules at the expense of diplomatic relations, you won't be able to withstand the storms of interaction with other races."
>>
No. 44858 ID: 6164e0

>>44856 [Toxic]:
Hrm. Perhaps some analogy, some way of veiling further threats, could further unbalance Def Leppard. I suppose it is worth a shot.

"Your absolute rule, this rejection of the very notion of diplomacy, of trade, of any co-operative effort, that is the very thing that got you into trouble in the first place. The unbending twig stands tall, but in the strong wind it snaps in half. And Metallica was a great storm to clash with your rigid ways. You were broken, and only survived because he took what he wanted, and saw no point in killing you after feeding. The flower stock is much less rigid and sways with the breeze, twisting and bending however is necessary. But after the harsh wind it returns to its upright position instead of being broken. The flower survives the storm, and the diplomatic tribe survives in the face of a greater force by doing what it must to continue to exist, not by blindly shutting out all who come near, in the hope they will not bother you."

I can smell the rage, the blinding rage of Def Leppard growing. But her fear, her uncertainty, those scents grow even faster. This can work, this could be done.

"If you continue to exclude all others, to refuse trade, alliances, to refuse all contact with others at the expense of diplomatic relations, you won't be able to withstand the storms of interaction with other races. And as to what Metallica is to us, he is...."


OPTIONS:
Claim Metallica is an ally, threaten his return if you are not given tribute/food.
Claim Metallica is an enemy, and that we should band together to keep him away.
Claim to know Metallica, and being able to convince him not to return for a tribute.
[Insert other things to say here]


CHOOSE WISELY
>>
No. 44861 ID: ed8d8a

>>44856
holy shit philosopher ant.

...do we have the intelligence for philosopher ants yet?

Anyway
"Oh, I haven't? Metallica came to visit our colony recently, just to look around. One of our warriors challenged him to a friendly sparing match, and they fought to a draw, each impressed with the other's abilities. We parted as friends. I suppose he and his friend were the only insects we have met who did not attack us, and then die, immediately. Besides you of course..."
>>
No. 44866 ID: ed8d8a

>>44861
Rewordan to fit recent conversation!
"...He is our friend. I suppose he and his companion were the only insects we have met who did not attack us, and then die, immediately. Besides you of course...
We met when they came to visit our colony recently, just to look around. One of our warriors challenged him to a friendly sparing match, and they fought to a standstill, each impressed with the other's abilities. It was glorious. We parted as friends."

Have any of our ants told a lie yet? It may not have occurred to them.
(if it isn't obvious, I am going for option 4: "you would rather have us as friends than enemies" and not even have Metallica be a part of the bargain.)
>>
No. 44867 ID: 6164e0

VOTAN TIME:

Go ahead and post what response you would like to see, I'll check what's there tomorrow when I start up, and see what the general consensus is.
>>
No. 44872 ID: 9891a9

>>44866
I'll second Option 4.
>>
No. 44891 ID: 8ad197

>>44866
I can see the benefits of this suggestion. Especially the part about saying that one of our warriors fought him to a standstill.

But veiled threats have been working excellent thus far. I don't think Toxic should lie (option 2) and option 1 isn't veiled or subtle at all.

I don't see any reason we can't combine options 3 and 4. They flow naturally from one to the other. You want us as friends, not enemies, and we might even be able to convince our friend Metallica to leave you alone in the future.


Either way, Option 4 is still a veiled threat and doesn't rely on Metallica going along with anything, so I'm fine with doing just that if you guys want. Voting Option 4.
>>
No. 44901 ID: 6164e0

(Check the discussion thread, the response intended for Def Leppard is there, look it over, see if you think it needs changing or tweaking before it gets posted here.)
>>
No. 44911 ID: 6164e0

>>44866
>>44872 [Toxic:]
"...He is our comrade, our friend, or at least he has been since we met him some while ago. I suppose he and his companion, a golden spider with.. masterful abilities just as Metallica has were the only insects we have met who did not attack us, and then die at the hands of KILLER QUEEN's progeny. Well, obviously besides you of course...
We met when they came to visit our colony recently, seeking out strong tribes to offer membership to a great alliance known as The Collective. One of our warriors challenged Metallica to a friendly sparring match, and they fought to a standstill, no clear victor established, each impressed with the others' abilities. It was glorious. We parted as friends."
>>44891
"....Now that I reflect on it, I imagine our ruler/god could protect you from Metallica. The titanic beetle respects strength, and our hive has access to certain commodities that Metallica seems partial to. So we could offer you sanctuary, protection from any future incursion by Metallica. ....For a price. Our colony is expanding to go to war with another neighbor, and we need new foods, and to learn of more of the area, as we prepare for battle against them. Give us free reign to move through your land, and the right to harvest from your field in amounts that will not overgraze it, and you shalt never have to worry about that mountainous beetle ever devastating your tribe again. Our workers are adept at preventing overgrazing, and your food supply will be under no threat.
Further, you shall retain your privacy, and we shall not bother you or attempt to disturb you in any way, unless of course you wish to communicate with us again, in which case the workers of our colony will bring me or another envoy back to speak with you. And to protect both our interests, a small military base will be established outside your area, to protect both our workers and to attack any invaders of your land, should you desire."

There is a chance I am promising more than I can truly claim to be able to offer as just one more of KILLER QUEEN's progeny, but Metallica seemed reasonable, and Def Leppard seems too distracted to be able to try to negotiate effectively (If she ever could, what with her lack of social graces). I know this is within the power of KILLER QUEEN, and even if she does not like this alliance, we will end with a military force nearby and better estimates of their numbers, so that should she desire us to purge these inferior creatures and claim their land by carnage and slaughter, we shall be better equipped to do so.

Def Leppard stares at me for a long time, a multitude of emotions scenting the air, radiating from her as she considers what was said. But the rage is finally snuffed out, and shortly after all scents but one of weary resignation have vanished.

"You.... you could protect us from Metallica? Could place some of your own here to guard us? And would not overgraze the field? .......I don't really have a choice, do I? .....You shall have your alliance."

She smells not at all happy, but she seems to have finally grasped that her tribe is too small, too weak to simply try and ward off threats with bravado. She must accommodate them, or perish.

(THREAT AND PHILOSOPHY BASED DIPLOMACY: GREAT SUCCESS)
!!NOTICE!! Toxic is becoming more adept at persuasion in multiple fields: Veiled threats, philosophy, pragmatism. She can perform better in social situations!

Hm. I have 10 The Merciless with me, as well as 2 They Might Be Giants. Should I leave any of them here as the start of the military force we shall leave here?


Orders?
>>
No. 44912 ID: 2e9afa

>>44911
Leave the TMBGs behind, along with six of the Merciless. Take the other four along in case you get ambushed by something on the way back.


And now we can finally end the turn!
>>
No. 44913 ID: 6164e0

Desired egg load out for KILLER QUEEN?
>>
No. 44918 ID: ed8d8a

4 Flash (20)
3 They Might Be Giants (30)
20 Fat Bottomed Girls (20)
20 The Merciless (20)
10 Lurkers at the Threshold (10)
(100)
>>
No. 44920 ID: 6164e0

>>44918

The following eggs are going to be lain. Timestamp imminent.
4 Flash
3 They Might Be Giants
20 Fat Bottomed Girls
20 The Merciless
10 Lurkers at the Threshold
>>
No. 44923 ID: 6164e0
File 125303799866.jpg - (52.61KB , 613x871 , Crescent Hour 5_5.jpg )
44923

-All ants set to feed themselves whenever they have 30 minutes left before becoming Lethargic.
-Fat Bottomed Girls have continued harvesting Roots of chaos, but the thick exterior the needs to be cut through coupled with the need for the ants to carefully not ingest the food when harvesting slows the harvesting process.

CRESCENT COLONY AGE: 5.5 HOURS

TOTALS:
1 KILLER QUEEN
1 The Hero Scars of Yesterday (Returning at a later date)
1 Toxic
1 Wings of Destiny (Returning at a later date)
11 They Might Be Giants (5 more at hour 6, 3 more at hour 6.5) (1 Returning at a later date)
19 Death on Six Legs (1 Returning at a later date)
147 The Merciless
177 Fat Bottomed Girls
19 Flash (10 more at hour 6, 10 more at hour 7, 4 more at hour 7.5) (1 Returning at a later date)
320 Lurkers at the Threshold (20 'planted', 10 ‘unplanted’)

STATUS:
KILLER QUEEN: Sated (does not need food until hour 6), can produce more eggs in Chamber 4

The Hero Scars of Yesterday: (???), Returning at a later date.

Toxic: Sated (needs 2 units of food in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Idle in chamber 4

Wings of Destiny: (???), Returning at a later date.

Blue Mind Riot: Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), making 1 hour journey to new fungus (will arrive next timestamp with retinue).

They Might Be Giants:
-2 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Stationed at Def Leppard’s field
-9 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4

Death on Six Legs:
-19 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), Patrolling Crescent

The Merciless:
-25 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Patrolling Crescent (2 mutated)
-24 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Guarding Fat Bottomed Girls gathering Concentrated Nutrients
-1 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or will become Lethargic), Idle in chamber 4 (golden leg mutant)
-6 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), Stationed at Def Leppard’s field
-4 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), Traveling to Crescent
-40 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), making 1 hour journey to new fungus.
-40 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or will become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4.

Fat Bottomed Girls:
-75 Sated (will need feeding in 1.5 hours or become Lethargic), Expanding lower chambers.
-50 Sated (self-feeding), gathering Concentrated Nutrients
-32 Sated (self feeding), making 1 hour journey to new fungus.
-20 Sated (will need feeding in 2 hours or become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4

Flash:
-5 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or become Lethargic), Idle in Chamber 4
-5 Sated (will need feeding in 1 hour or become Lethargic), Idle in chamber 4
-5 Sated (self-feeding), Scouting South-West
-4 Sated (self-feeding), Scouting East

Lurkers at the Threshold:
-20 'planted' about Crescent's surface
-10 Idle in chamber 4

Pulsating Sac:
-1 ?????? in Stealin’ test chamber.

FOOD:
5 units of Yellow Flower Leaf (Quality: 1/10)
59 units of Dead Ant (Quality: 2/10)
0 units of Nest Robber Centipede (Quality: 3/10)
175 units of Black Dragonfly (Quality: 3/10)
922 units of Concentrated Nutrients (Quality: 4/10)
0 units of Yellow Flower Nectar/Blossoms (Quality: 2/10 Warriors, 4/10 Non-Warriors) Special: Masks Non-Warrior Scent
8 units of Flying Beast Bumblebee (Quality: 5/10) Special: Tastes Like Poison
22 units of Abomination Hornet (Quality: 7/10)
0 units of Bohemian Rhapsody (Quality: 9/10) Special: Instantly removes Lethargy, Strengthens Consumers
105 Units of Roots of Chaos (Quality: XOM/10)

Storage:
Chamber 1 current maximum capacity: 300 points (300/300 used)
Chamber 2 current maximum capacity: 500 points (0/550 used)
Chamber 3 current maximum capacity: 375 points (375/375 used)
Chamber 4 current maximum capacity: 600 points (19/650 used)
Chamber 5 current maximum capacity: 175 points (650/650 used)
Chamber 6 current maximum capacity: 600 points (0/325 used)
Chamber 7 current maximum capacity: 500 points (0/500 used)
Chamber 8 current maximum capacity: 300 points (0/300 used)
Chamber 9 current maximum capacity: 275 points (0/275 used)
Chamber 10 current maximum capacity: 725 points (0/1125 used)
Chamber 11 current maximum capacity: 600 points (0/900 used)
Stealin' current maximum capacity: 200 points (105/200 used)
Stealin’s Test Chamber maximum capacity: 40 units (10/40 used)
(KILLER QUEEN, Wings of Destiny and They Might Be Giants are worth 10 points, The Hero Scars of Yesterday is worth 5 points, Death on Six Legs and Toxic are worth 2 points, Blue Mind Riot, Flash, The Merciless and Fat Bottomed Girls are worth 1 point. Food is 1 point per unit of food)

!!REMINDER!! KILLER QUEEN can now attempt to make up to two new strains at a checkpoint.
!!REMINDER!! KILLER QUEEN can now save upgrades for later checkpoints!
!!REMINDER!! KILLER QUEEN has gotten better at making new ant strains!
!!REMINDER!! Resources are being consumed faster than they are being brought in!
!!NOTICE!! Flash scouts sent to the West have returned! They found a new field of flowers 1.5 hours distance for normal ants, but it seems that several fliers and spiders are in contention over the area! Pictures of new flowers imminent.
!!NOTICE!! The seven remaining test subjects (excluding the one that regrew it’s legs) are fed Roots of Chaos once more! The combined ant seems to have dissolved into the ground, another has disintegrated, and all the remaining ants acted normally for a short while, then rushed each other, and have now fused into a single pulsating sac! It seems something is happening inside.


Pictures of new flowers, followed by new fliers and new spiders imminent. Please wait until all have been posted.
>>
No. 44924 ID: 6164e0
File 125303802458.jpg - (97.83KB , 375x500 , New Flower 3.jpg )
44924

1/3 new flowers
>>
No. 44925 ID: 6164e0
File 12530380508.jpg - (127.98KB , 500x375 , New Flower 4.jpg )
44925

2/3 new flowers
>>
No. 44926 ID: 6164e0
File 125303810116.jpg - (1.41MB , 2816x2120 , New Flower 5.jpg )
44926

last new flower. Pictures of fliers imminent
>>
No. 44927 ID: 6164e0
File 125303814299.jpg - (98.17KB , 500x500 , New Flier 1.jpg )
44927

1/5 new fliers
>>
No. 44928 ID: 6164e0
File 125303816635.jpg - (104.61KB , 1009x765 , New Flier 2.jpg )
44928

2/5 new fliers
>>
No. 44929 ID: 6164e0
File 125303819325.jpg - (184.89KB , 1280x923 , New Flier 3.jpg )
44929

3/5 new fliers
>>
No. 44930 ID: 6164e0
File 125303822954.jpg - (140.57KB , 1200x800 , New Flier 4.jpg )
44930

4/5 new fliers
>>
No. 44931 ID: 6164e0
File 125303826438.jpg - (194.56KB , 1280x853 , New Flier 5.jpg )
44931

last of new fliers, new spiders imminent
>>
No. 44932 ID: 6164e0
File 125303830495.jpg - (200.76KB , 1024x768 , New Spider 1.jpg )
44932

1/5 new spiders
>>
No. 44933 ID: 6164e0
File 125303832831.jpg - (62.52KB , 830x705 , New Spider 2.jpg )
44933

2/5 new spiders
>>
No. 44934 ID: 6164e0
File 125303837097.jpg - (163.75KB , 735x642 , New Spider 3.jpg )
44934

3/5 new spiders
>>
No. 44935 ID: 6164e0
File 125303839531.jpg - (85.18KB , 884x705 , New Spider 4.jpg )
44935

4/5 new spiders
>>
No. 44936 ID: 6164e0
File 125303843490.jpg - (201.01KB , 1024x768 , New Spider 5.jpg )
44936

Final new spider.

ASSESSING UPGRADES EARNED.

Discovered new food: Dead ant: 1 upgrade

You have earned: 2 total upgrades.

Please spend upgrade(s) on the following:

Improve Fat Bottomed Girls Strain Lv4. (REQUIRES 2 UPGRADES)
Improve The Merciless Strain Lv2.
Improve Flash Strain
Improve They Might Be Giants Strain
Improve Lurkers at the Threshold Strain
Create New Ant Strain
Make Death on Six Legs a normal Strain (makes it upgradeable, lets KILLER QUEEN lay eggs) (REQUIRES 2 UPGRADES, d20 rolled, must beat 14)
Create Specialty Strain: Cry of the Brave Ant (REQUIRES 2 UPGRADES, d30 rolled, must beat 23)
Create Specialty Strain: Brood Forge Ant (capable of producing any strains KILLER QUEEN can, REQUIRES 2 UPGRADES, d30 rolled, must beat 13)
Create New Ant Strain described by Blue Mind Riot to KILLER QUEEN(quality of new breed and restrictions imposed determined by rolling a d30, the higher the roll the better the results, if choosing this option a voting period will be opened to determine what description Blue Mind Riot will give to KILLER QUEEN)
Upgrade Exoskeletons Lv2.
Upgrade Mandible Quality Lv2.
Upgrade Intelligence Lv3. (REQUIRES 2 UPGRADES)
Specialize KILLER QUEEN (choose either attack, defense, harvesting, digging or mobility) (can specialize multiple times, and stack upgrades)
Gift KILLER QUEEN Poison Trait to Blue Mind Riot.
Retain upgrade point for later use.

First upgrade(s) to reach 3 votes will be chosen.
>>
No. 44937 ID: f78140

>>44936
brood forge ant.
>>
No. 44938 ID: 202543

Brood Forge Ant
>>
No. 44939 ID: ed8d8a

make Do6L a normal strain
>>
No. 44940 ID: 6faa8c

>>44939
This
>>
No. 44941 ID: 6164e0

>>44937
>>44938
2 Votes for Brood Forge Ant

>>44939
1 vote for making Death On Six Legs a normal strain.
>>
No. 44942 ID: b85a0e

rolled 20 = 20

Brood Forge Ant
>>
No. 44943 ID: 202543

>>44942
Nice.
>>
No. 44944 ID: 6164e0

(Have to cook up one of my specialties, won't be posting for a bit. But Brood Forge Ant won, and was successful thanks to >>44942 and will be of a higher than average quality. Restrictions can be placed on brood forge ants, just like other strains. If you can figure out what restrictions you want by the time I finish cooking, that would be great. Brood forge ants will take a minimum of 1 hour to mature, and need a minimum of 10 units of food. The more food they eat, the more ants they can produce at a time, but also the less mobile they become. Cap of food is 50 units, cap of gestation is 4 hours. You can make up any restrictions you want, I'll look at all proposals when I finish cooking)
>>
No. 44945 ID: 331584

Decreased senses, so that they require some other ants posted around them to guard.
Also maybe lack of an ability to move, requiring other ants to move them.
>>
No. 44946 ID: ed8d8a

>>44944
tempting as it would be to have mini-queens churning out units by the hundred, I think reducing their mobility hampers their effectiveness somewhat. We should ensure that they are no slower than a Giant, so they can move along with a full strike force and help set up in remote locations quickly. By the same token, I don't expect to be producing forges by the truckload, so they seem well suited to restrictions on the laying side.

They might also have some sort of restriction on what sort of units they can lay. At the very least, it seems reasonable that they might not be able to lay additional forges. discuss.
>>
No. 44947 ID: f78140

>>44946
maybe the restriction 'only 1 egg type, as determined on creation' ?
>>
No. 44948 ID: ed8d8a

>>44947
egg types meaning what, individual strains? or broad categories, like soldiers, workers, any small larvae?
>>
No. 44949 ID: 51209b

Phew! Thank goodness you guys got the brood forge ant, considering both the Blue Mind Riot upgrade and the dead ant upgrade were my ideas.

>>44947
No, we can make them set up their own colonies, and for that they'll need to be able to lay different types of eggs. Lurkers, Flash, Merciless, Fat Bottoms, and TMBG are all pretty necessary for a colony. They might be able to get away without Flash, and possibly TMBG... but I'd rather they be able to lay TMBGs.

I highly agree with making them as slow as TMBGs, considering those will likely be their bodyguards. What amount of food will make them as slow as TMBGs, Bob? Whatever it is, let's do that one.
>>
No. 44951 ID: f78140

>>44948
i was thinking strains, but i like your suggestion of broad categories better.
>>
No. 44955 ID: 331584

You do know that if they are immobile the TMBGs could just you know, carry them?
>>
No. 44956 ID: ed8d8a

>>44949
(oh hush. we would have gotten to eating the bodies eventually)
Thinking on it, I like the small egg restriction more and more. All you *absolutely* need for a satellite colony is Fat Bottoms and Merciless, and Lurkers make for nice gravy. It would be inconvenient to have to bus in heavy units, but still doable. And QUEEN still gets to be the important one the empire is based around. If later upgrades to the forge unit could increase the size they can lay, I would call it perfect.

I don't think we get to know how much food is required to get that precise speed level ahead of time, but we can make an educated guess.

>>44955
While this is true, that sort of min maxing feels a bit sleezy
>>
No. 44961 ID: 43d730

Next strain needs to be weak and explode when they die.
>>
No. 44963 ID: fd1292