[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 38194)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41314 unique user posts. View catalog

File 125210173752.jpg - (199.06KB , 800x600 , chap1.jpg )
38194 No. 38194 ID: f98e0b

Expand all images
>>
No. 38196 ID: f98e0b
File 125210202749.jpg - (125.76KB , 800x600 , 4.jpg )
38196

It's been four days since the explosion of the Calypso. The crew members have finished respawning and have been reorganized to await a new ship.
The captain of the Calypso, ▣▶◎◕ (we'll call him Terrens) is currently giving a debriefing.
>Okay. We all know why we’re here. Four days ago , ‘round, ah, 1500 hours, the Calypso was destroyed by a Human missile. No one survived. Not that this is particularly irregular during wartime or anything, but, uhm, we were floating well within the border between us and the Pi--humans.
It's generally polite to be there in physical form, but tuning in via mental uplink is okay, too. What's not okay is sleeping through it, which is what John is currently doing.
>>
No. 38197 ID: c80cec

Damnit, John! Wake up, it sounds like he might be getting to the important part!
>>
No. 38198 ID: f98e0b
File 125210261426.jpg - (125.80KB , 800x600 , 5.jpg )
38198

GWUH. Uh.
John's up.
The debriefing filters in through his uplink.
>Now this isn’t the first time an attack like this was launched. Apparently in the Folde system about a month ago the same kind of missile blew the Zyrene, a military transport freighter.
>>
No. 38200 ID: 520fde

John hug Frisbee.
>>
No. 38201 ID: f98e0b
File 125210282686.jpg - (124.14KB , 800x600 , 6.jpg )
38201

Hey, it's the crystal-pinkos. You fellas have been pretty quiet lately.
>Look, I don’t have to tell you people this is pretty disturbing. The, ah, technology involved, I mean.
John's currently inside one of the Bio-bubble parks on Agrieb, simulating the conditions on the home planet of the Shirm, another Alliance race. Not his home planet, obviously, but he's always liked Shirma.
>>
No. 38203 ID: 6164e0

>>38201
Yeah, we don't really get to choose when the crystal activates and lets us commune with the bearer.

Oh, just an FYI, we are bound to assist whoever bears us to the best of our abilities, so you might not want to pass us around.

Well, actually, if we like a given bearer of the Orb enough, we are known to sometimes work to their favor even when possessed by another.

ANYWAY.

So, this war with the human's exactly how long has it been going, how did it start and how has it been going so far? The more we know, the more we can help.
>>
No. 38207 ID: f98e0b
File 125210471896.jpg - (133.74KB , 800x600 , 7.jpg )
38207

>>38200
Can do.
*Fwip*

>The Earth Program was doing just fine up until, I’d say, fifteen or so years ago? If you’ll recall that’s when civilization on Earth was fairly rapidly eradicated, mostly. Nuclear explosions in a ton of major cities, a sudden alarming concentration of magic, weird stuff. Uh, we still don’t have much of an idea even what the fuck was going on down there.
>>38203
>So, this war with the human's exactly how long has it been going, how did it start and how has it been going so far?

John's not entirely sure. It might come up on the debriefing...

Oh, shit. The debriefing. Terrens is a good guy, John shouldn't diss him by not showing up.
>Yeah, we don't really get to choose when the crystal activates and lets us commune with the bearer.

>Oh, just an FYI, we are bound to assist whoever bears us to the best of our abilities, so you might not want to pass us around.

Okey doke, good to know. John's glad you're back, anyway.
He's pretty much kept you a secret from everyone except Cassie since he nabbed you from a wrecked pinko fighter he was scrapping.
>>
No. 38209 ID: fdc826

>>38207
Just out of curiosity, do you know who was piloting the fighter you found us on? Could you possibly give us a description, since you probably don't know what his/her name was?

And, regarding Bob's comment, I would have to disagree; the Orb is simply (probably not the right word, heh) a crystal containing an infinite number of minds from different planes of existence. None of us are bound to do anything. In fact, if you turn out to be some sort of genocidal asshole, I'll probably try and get the crystal into another being's hands.

Anyway, just keep listening, I guess.
>>
No. 38211 ID: 520fde

Wait... how did you catch that frisbee just now?
Weird...
Hey John, do you have any sisters?
Also, I think we need to find you some new clothes...
>>
No. 38221 ID: f98e0b
File 125210664053.jpg - (112.94KB , 800x600 , 8.jpg )
38221

>>38209
Funny story, actually. They never found a body.
>just keep listening, I guess.
Really? So just hang out here? Ok.

The debrief continues...
>We pretty much stopped monitoring Earth after that.
>But for some reason, the pinks have recovered fast. Like, really fast. In fact, it’s pretty clear at this point that they now have a far higher level of tech than before. I mean, it wasn’t long ago that they didn’t even have faster-than-light travel. But then the cataclysm, and now suddenly the few that remain live in near-modern cities and have started cruising through space… where they met us, I guess.

>>38211
>Wait... how did you catch that frisbee just now?
That teal Shirm hammer-tossed it to him.

>new clothes...
John sort of likes the duds he's in now.
But why is he suddenly thinking about crossdressing?
>>
No. 38222 ID: 789c25

How much you guys want to bet Vresch caused this?
>>
No. 38226 ID: fdc826

>>38222
As much as possible; it's pretty obvious that this is the same universe as KaraQuest, Apocalyption, and NicQuest.

This is getting ridiculous, and I love it.

Anyway, John, two more questions:
-What do your females look like?
-Who started the war?
>>
No. 38228 ID: 6164e0

>>38209
Well, fellow voice, I was speaking in generals. Sure, several voices may be picky about who they serve, but many of us would advise absolutely anyone. In fact, some voices even prefer homicidal maniacs.

>>38221
Really, no body? Huh. Might want to look into that when you have the time, as the Orb is frequently possessed by individuals who either because of their own traits or thanks to the Orb are catalysts for great events to occur. The possibility of a previous bearer running around and part of a race you are at war with could prove severely detrimental.
>>
No. 38229 ID: 520fde

You'd probably be a little more successfull in life if you got some new clothes... maybe something pink to match your skin? Something a little more open in the legs perhaps...~?
Also, you would look great with makeup. Just saying.
>>
No. 38230 ID: f98e0b
File 125210875399.jpg - (112.67KB , 800x600 , 9.jpg )
38230

>>38226
>war
Welp, no one really knows why the first skirmish even happened. John guesses humanity's first meeting of aliens went wrong somehow. Anyway, they seem to think the Qal are on some kind of genocidal war to wipe them out or something from too many Sci-Fi movies, and they're responding in kind, blowing up whatever Alliance vessel they find.
They HAVEN'T found out about respawners yet, though, and they have no idea they're dealing with an entire alliance of aliens. It's kind of the Alliance's ace in the hole.
>females
Females?
Well, Cassie knows about you, so you can meet Cassie. She's a receptionist at the Agrieb military HQ. That's where he met her. Plus, John kind of wants to haul ass over to there at this point anyway to show support for poor Terrens.
The guy really was proud of the Calypso. It was his first command.

Anyway, he should go.
John boots up the public transportation on his uplink, and...
>>
No. 38231 ID: f98e0b
File 125210879935.jpg - (108.53KB , 800x600 , 11.jpg )
38231

FOOSH
YEEEAAAHAHAHAHA!
>>
No. 38233 ID: f98e0b
File 125210884968.jpg - (86.50KB , 800x600 , 12.jpg )
38233

>Alliance Headquarters on Agrieb
>>
No. 38235 ID: f98e0b
File 125210993290.jpg - (72.96KB , 800x600 , 13.jpg )
38235

>>38233
...AHAHAHAAA!
John loves doing that.

CASSIE is here, idling and playing Super ☄ bros on her desk.
The sudden loud entrance jolts her out of her reverie.
"Holy Shit!"
>>
No. 38238 ID: f98e0b
File 125211011461.jpg - (86.33KB , 800x600 , 14.jpg )
38238

>>38235
...heh.
Cassie starts laughing.
"You scared the CRAP out of me, John. Why don't you take the entrance like everyone else?"
>>
No. 38243 ID: 520fde

Because I love to see the smile on your face when I catch you off guard.

Compliment her on her clothing.
>>
No. 38251 ID: 789c25

>>38243
They can't smile and don't really have faces.
>>
No. 38261 ID: f98e0b
File 125211348910.jpg - (87.53KB , 800x600 , cassie.jpg )
38261

>>38243
John'll paraphrase. He thinks he knows what you mean.
"Because I love to hear you laugh, Cas."
She smiles.
"It's impossible to get upset with you, John, ya big lug."

Orb shard, meet Cassie. Cassie, orb.
She and John have been been sort of seeing each other since they met when he was registering. That was around a pinko month ago. Frankly, she's pretty awesome, and John still can't quite get over his luck at having met her.
>>
No. 38264 ID: 520fde

JOHN hug CASSIE
>>
No. 38275 ID: f98e0b
File 125211521897.jpg - (82.99KB , 800x600 , 17.jpg )
38275

>>38264
>>
No. 38281 ID: f98e0b
File 125211543759.jpg - (198.42KB , 800x600 , title copy.jpg )
38281

Ending for tonight, guys. More tomorrow.
Thanks for making this sub-par quester feel good.
>>
No. 38317 ID: f98e0b
File 125211689421.jpg - (93.47KB , 800x600 , shirm.jpg )
38317

>Bonus Content: Shirm
>The Shirm are the second founding race of the Alliance. They are a race of tripods that pioneered respawning technology. Shirm are effectively immortal, and one hooked up to a respawner has virtually no way to die. However, Shirm often choose to end their lives and move on to the Next after around a century.

>Shirm are passionate (some might even say histrionic) creatures, and much of the Alliance's most beautiful art, music, and writing have Shirmic origins. Shirma itself is a lush paradise of a planet, and for all intents and purposes is the main homeworld of the Alliance.
>>
No. 38319 ID: bffa2a

>>38275

So, have you had any contact with humanity or do they just shoot on sight? No words at all? We could translate if that's a problem.

Tell her you need to go show your support for Terrens. Let's see what he's pitching.
>>
No. 38540 ID: f98e0b
File 125218798020.jpg - (86.50KB , 800x600 , 16.jpg )
38540

>>38319
John would like nothing better than to spend the day with Cassie, but you're right. He's got important shit to do.
They pull away from each other.
"Alright, Cas, I gotta go to Terrens' debrief thing. I'll catch you after, ok?"

"Lookin' forward to it," she replies. "And watch your ass, John, because you know you're gonna get payback later for that dynamic entry stunt."
She goes back to her game. She's been trying to beat this particular zone for about a day now. Stuck on the part with the moving platforms and the shark. John offered to do it for her, but Cas has never been one to let others do stuff for her while she sits back.

>shoot on sight
At this point, pretty much. Apparently something went foul the first time the pinkos and Alliance met, and since then there haven't been any negotiations.

So. On to the conference room? Or do you want to know anything else about the HQ?
>>
No. 38550 ID: 4280b9

>>38540
We'll be fine. Let's hear more about the military situation.
>>
No. 38554 ID: bffa2a

>>38540

Get to the conference before you're missed. Strange behaviour from humanity if you ask me. These guys like to talk a lot while they're killing you. Mostly about how they're freeing you or how your particular god is false. Always something equally trite and moronic. Somethings not right, have you actually seen any "pinkos" after they came back?.
>>
No. 38567 ID: f98e0b
File 125219033070.jpg - (115.79KB , 800x600 , 18.jpg )
38567

>>38554
John's pretty sure you have a saying about how in space no one can hear you scream. This also applies to talk about Gods or Fate (neither of which John is particularly a believer in).

>>38550
John heads into the conference room.

OBERAN is here. He was the Main Hand for Gunnery Sergeant Colm on the Calypso before, uh, it blew up.
So's SETH, one of the Calypso's marines.
About two-thirds of the Calypso's crew of 24 are scattered around the cavernous meeting hall.

TERRENS is giving the debrief on the speech platform.
>Anyway, the respawning of the crew went off well enough, except-oh, hey John. Take a seat anywhere.

Seth just nods to John. Not much for words.

Oberan regards John leerily.
"Hello, Lance ☳☱☵. What important business were you up to that kept you from this insignificant report?"
>>
No. 38580 ID: bffa2a

>>38567

I was on a mission of love but then I remembered how jealous you get if I'm not constantly holding your hand. Sorry for being late Terrens.

Who's that with the sign in the back and what does it say?
>>
No. 38606 ID: bffa2a

>>38580

O, wait... nevermind, it's just like Oberan whatever it is. Take a seat.
>>
No. 38611 ID: 6164e0

>>38567
Say you got distracted trying to figure out where the humans could have gotten such potent missiles. Then apologize once, dropping the subject of your tardiness.
>>
No. 38612 ID: f98e0b
File 125219337742.jpg - (117.82KB , 800x600 , 19.jpg )
38612

>>38580
"I was on a mission of love but then I remembered how jealous you get if I'm not constantly holding your hand."

Oberan nods. "Cassie, right? You lucky bastard."
Seth nods.

>Sign
That's actually a Delter, Oberan's race. Fairly new to the Alliance. John can't really tell them apart, but he thinks he recognizes it as an Engineer. He waves.

>>38554
Came back from what? The Next? Pinkos have no respawners.
John's seen some during CQC a few times though. Killed one, too. They don't go down that hard.

>"Sorry I'm late, Terrens."
"'s fine," Terrens replies. "I know you were listening on your uplink, and we're just getting to the really important bit.
"This is our new ship, the Glory. She's fairly new, so hopefully the humans won't try her out as target practice, eh?"
>>
No. 38630 ID: f98e0b
File 12521942411.jpg - (56.54KB , 800x600 , glory.jpg )
38630

"What makes the Glory special is that its propulsion and weapons sytems are on free-moving rings wrapped around an armored antigrav core. That'll let us rotate and pivot the rings around it to target pretty much anywhere we need to or make really sharp turns. Pinko's got nothing on this.
"As far as crew, it doesn't need much more than we have. Maybe a couple speclialist engineers to deal with the new tech but that's it. We have a far more pressing concern..."
>>
No. 38635 ID: bffa2a

>>38612
>Came back from what?
Nuclear holocaust. Take one alive next time if you can, worth the risk.

>>38630

Hey, here comes the good bit.
>>
No. 38645 ID: f98e0b
File 12521953779.jpg - (79.62KB , 800x600 , 20.jpg )
38645

>>38630
"Gunnery Sergeant Colm didn't respawn.
"He apparently wasn't hooked up to his respawner. Probably because he couldn't imagine getting killed this far inside the Alliance.
Now normal protocol is to promote the First Hand to the role upon officer death. That's you, Oberan. But, ah, we've gotten some pretty interesting orders from On High."

Terrens takes a deep breath. "☳☱☵, you've been promoted to Gunnery Sergeant on the Glory. See me after the debrief for details."




...what
>>
No. 38650 ID: f98e0b
File 125219565050.jpg - (29.66KB , 800x600 , 21.jpg )
38650

WHAT
>>
No. 38653 ID: bffa2a

>>38645

... I hope you have the skills for the job. It's not painting ship interiors.
>>
No. 38663 ID: f98e0b
File 125219723169.jpg - (125.47KB , 800x600 , 22.jpg )
38663

>>38650
YYYYYYYESSSSS
PROMOTIONS
FuckingShitThisIsSoExcitingJohn'sAnOfficerHe'sGotToTellCassHe'sGotToTellHisParentsFuckingShitHe'sGonnaShootThingsInSpaceAwesome

Seth slinks out.
Oberan doesn't share John's enthusiasm.
>>
No. 38675 ID: ab91ae

>>38663
Man what the hell. Oberan was next in line for that position. With respawners around, these openings must take forever to come around. Poor guy. And you totally just rubbed it in that you stole his promotion. Jackass.
>>
No. 38679 ID: bffa2a

>>38663

Ask Terrens what the hell.. just what the hell..
>>
No. 38682 ID: c42be6

>>38663
Is the debriefing over? If so, go see why you've gotten this position, and what your new duties are.
>>
No. 38684 ID: efa41b

>>38663
Aomebody just died permanently, and somebody who deserved a promotion didn't get one. I'm going to classify your behavior here as "dickish".
>>
No. 38687 ID: f98e0b
File 125219910915.jpg - (118.63KB , 800x600 , 23.jpg )
38687

>>38675
As the adrenaline fades, John realizes you're right. Oberan's a good soldier, and it kind of sucks that a janitor swiped his position.
"Um. I'm sorry, Oberan. I have no fucking idea what's going on either. If it's consolation, you'd probably have been a better choice for the job than me. I mean, I don't know what command's..."
"it'sfine"
uh
awkward

The debrief is over, and Terrens is leaving the stage.
>>38679
John contacts him over uplink. "Ok, uh, Terrens? What the Fuck."
>I know, right? No offense, John, but you make a good janitor, not a warrior. This is way over my head, though. This is from the TOP. And they didn't tell me why, no matter how much I asked them.
>Anyway, now that you have the position, you'll need a Badge of Office and you have to get filled in on what exactly you need to do. Come see me in the Simulator on the fourth floor.
Terrens terminates connection.

So. What do you pinkos want to do now? John's job description is technically shooting your species up, is that a problem?
>>
No. 38688 ID: ab91ae

>>38687
Problem? Hell no. We're pretty uncaring. Spending an eternity in a glass orb does that. Feel free to kill whoever; we'll just offer you praise for it.
>>
No. 38689 ID: d5f115

>>38687
Nah. We've spent a lot of time advising ways to shoot our own people up. It's cool.
>>
No. 38696 ID: efa41b

>>38687
Interesting fact: While we've got a whole lot of minds stuck in here, we don't have any souls. We'd be quite happy to aid you in the destruction of the race which has so frequently borne us. Of course it's not like there's any Voltos left anyway, it's not that much different.
>>
No. 38697 ID: bffa2a

>>38687

Well... go tell Cassie. I know you want to. Before they realize they made a mistake and give the promotion to the correct person. Ask her to dig up any info on as to why you were promoted while you're meeting Terrens. Mayby she'll find something.
>>
No. 38701 ID: f98e0b
File 125220078974.jpg - (78.25KB , 800x600 , partay.jpg )
38701

>>38688
>>38689
>>38696
Well ok then. That's ok.
John hasn't really thought of how boring it must be, being a bunch of voices in a little crystal thing. If there's anything he can do for you, let him know.
>>38697
Yeah, let's do that.


...wait what's a volto
whatever
>>
No. 38714 ID: f98e0b
File 125220238148.jpg - (199.29KB , 800x600 , 2morrow.jpg )
38714

More tomorrow
>>
No. 38715 ID: f98e0b

>>38714
oh
and thanks again.
>>
No. 38775 ID: ab91ae

>>38701
A volto is a terrifying variety of pinko made of lightning and 15 feet tall. We were made by a volto. Fortunately for you, voltos are now extinct.
>>
No. 38803 ID: 6164e0

>>38701
Woah woah woah, is the orb not a complete sphere?

When did we get damaged so?
>>
No. 38894 ID: 33bb8b

>>38803
Well lets see, I remember getting chipped when that Volto dropped us, and didn't that one little girl with the wing for an arm shatter us once? And there was that dude with the shovel, and the squirrel. Never DID see that shard again, wonder how those voices are doing. Anyway, these things happen.
>>
No. 38949 ID: f98e0b
File 125224497942.jpg - (58.78KB , 800x600 , 25.jpg )
38949

>>38697
John gets down to Cas' floor and steps out of the elevator, whereupon he is instantly ambushed.
>>
No. 38953 ID: bffa2a

>>38949

I think she already knows. Enjoy for a while before you ask her if she knows why you were promoted.
>>
No. 38955 ID: f98e0b
File 125224706851.jpg - (66.12KB , 800x600 , 26.jpg )
38955

"Hi, John."

"Hi, Cassie. I guess this is payback?"

"Sort of. I finished the shark level."

"Cool. I'm a sergeant or something now."

She shifts around on top of him, provoking an interesting reaction in his pants.

"So I had heard, Gunnery Sergeant John. I was kinda sorta listening in on the debrief. Welp, we have to celebrate somehow. Those platforms were fucking annoying."

John puts up a fake struggle.
"Lance Corporal Cassandra, I am almost positive it is against some sort of regulation to tackle a superior officer."
>>
No. 38957 ID: bffa2a

>>38955

Hey, hey, no swapping bacterial colonies in public. Promise to take her to a dinner and a movie or whatever you things enjoy. Ask her if she has any way of finding out just why you got the promotion. You've got a meeting with Terrens and I doubt he's happy about the situation.
>>
No. 38962 ID: f98e0b
File 125224978615.jpg - (66.66KB , 800x600 , 27.jpg )
38962

>>38957
"And I'm fairly certain," John continues, "that doing it right here on the floor is sort of suspect as well."
Cassie lets him up.
"You're probably right... Oh well. Once you're done here come on over to my place. I'll make us winners dinner."
John would object to her doing the work, but she makes phenomenal waffles.

>>38957
"Hey, uh, Cas? Do you have any way of figuring out why they gave the promotion to a janitor instead of a soldier like Oberan? It's bugging the Glass Pinkos."

Cassie ponders. "I'm more a receptionist than a secretary, but I'll do some digging. Now you..." she dusts him off. "have a meeting with destiny."
>>
No. 38963 ID: f98e0b
File 125224990726.jpg - (44.10KB , 800x600 , 28.jpg )
38963

>>38962
Terrens said he'd meet John here in the simulation room, but, uh...
It looks like the only thing inside is a note.
Hm.
Obvious trap is obvious.
>>
No. 38965 ID: bffa2a

>>38963

I guess we can expect a lot of hazing in our situation. Hey, mayby they will all pop out from hiding and reveal that all this was an elaborate prank borne out of their hatred for you. Wouldn't that be relief? Hug the note John.
>>
No. 38967 ID: bffa2a

>>38965

Throw something in first mayby. With respawners I hope hazing isin't out of control.
>>
No. 38968 ID: f98e0b
File 125225242880.jpg - (21.61KB , 800x600 , 29.jpg )
38968

>>38967
John summons a Fruit Chip from his uplink and tosses it in. Nothing.

He steps inside, and...
yep.
>>
No. 38969 ID: f98e0b
File 125225246488.jpg - (36.50KB , 800x600 , 30.jpg )
38969

>>38968
"Hello, John."
>>
No. 38970 ID: bffa2a

>>38969

Oh, thank god. It is just because they all share a mutual hatred for us. Hi, Oberon. Are all those for me? You shouldn't have. Really. A beer would have sufficed.
>>
No. 38971 ID: ab91ae

>>38970
Hmmm. Stay, or run. Stay, or run.

John, how much of a coward are you anyway?
>>
No. 38978 ID: f98e0b
File 125225460372.jpg - (40.99KB , 800x600 , wepon.jpg )
38978

>>38969
"Hi, Oberon. Are all those for me? You shouldn't have. Really. A beer would have sufficed."

"No," replies Oberan. “You get a gun and a melee weapon of your choice according to normal rules. The handles are all rubber, so don’t worry about my electric blood. It’s traditional hazing for a newly elected sergeant to duel his First Hand as a bonding experience and to prove his worth in combat. I figured we’d get it out of the way sooner rather than later. It’s an opportunity to vent the bad blood we have for each other right now.

“The weapons are real, the death’ll be real, and we’re both pussies if we don’t try our hardest. There’ll be cover we’ll simulate with this room. You’ll have a chance to place it later. You may want to turn off your pain reception, John. Now choose your weapons and let’s get this over with,” he says, gesturing to the table.

John’s heart is starting to pound. He takes a look at the various weapons on the table. Okay, he remembers this from the required Weapons Training course he took before joining the Navy.

That big saber is Qal make, from when all they had to worry about was fighting other Qal. It’s a lopping weapon, with good reach, but if someone with a knife gets in close enough, John’d be fucked.

There’s a normal combat dagger, standard kit for most marines. It’s a reliable, nasty thing, and is balanced enough to be manipulated quickly or thrown.

The katar there is of Delter make. Nothing truly complex about it. It’s like the combat dagger but with a whole lotta extra punch behind it. The abnormal design means it’s not as versatile, though.


As for the ranged weaponry, the one furthest to the left there is a standard slug thrower. It packs quite a bit of a punch behind it, and can have hollow-tipped bullets to make gaping holes in people or armor-piercing ones for extra penetration. It needs reloading after fifteen shots, though. There’s 2 other clips, probably more than enough for one opponent.

The middle one, John thinks is an antimatter pistol. The thing is amazingly destructive, but the low rate of fire means every shot has to count and he’s not suppressing anyone with it.

The one furthest to the right is a laser pistol, similar to the derelict one lying in John’s uplink. Their rate of fire is fairly high, and they don’t need reloading, but they have zero penetration since they work by burning instead of making a hole. They don’t do too much damage either.
Okay, pinkos. You’ve done this sort of thing before… help.
>>
No. 38979 ID: ab91ae

Normal dagger, antimatter rifle. If you get a hit in with that rifle, they're GONE. And its vulnerability - slow rate of fire - can be compensated by having your dagger at the ready.

Good luck.
>>
No. 38980 ID: 01383e

>>38978
I say a laser pistol and a sword. we can pin him down, walk right up, and lop something off over the cover, doesn't really matter what.

But, that's just based on a vague guess on how your combat systems go- it could be you use the ranged weapon to the exclusion of others, at which point I would suggest the slugthrower and combat knife, because both have a good chance of killing, and you won't be attacking from over cover with your melee weapon if you don't have continuous covering fire.
>>
No. 38981 ID: bffa2a

>>38978

Take the slugger with AP rounds, dosen't matter if one shot is not an instant kill when bleeding and shock will do it for you while you wait out of sight. AP rounds mean we can do it even without line of sight.

Take Katar as backup because up close you actually need to one shot or die and if you're at saber distance means you can still shoot easily.

Good luck, you're going to die in 5 seconds.
>>
No. 39002 ID: f98e0b
File 125226517767.jpg - (37.89KB , 800x600 , cover.jpg )
39002

>>38979
>>38980
>>38981
…John supposes he’ll take the slug thrower and the combat dagger, since those seem to be the most common themes. The knife feels well-balanced, and the slug-thrower looks shiny and maintained.
Oberan nods approvingly at John’s selection. “Solid.”
He takes for himself the katar and laser pistol.
“Since you had to choose weapons first, I’ll set up my cover first. We’ll divide the room into two. No sticking cover on the other person’s side. You get 3 cover units (six-foot long chest-high walls) for your side you can arrange how you want.”

(It's not a dress-up I know, but at least this way John won't end up with a frilly sunday gown)
>>
No. 39005 ID: a3b36a

A pity you can't use something you're more familiar with, like, say... the antimatter swabber in your linkspace. After all, I'm sure you're familiar with its length, balance, reach, and the business end. Plus, I'm sure it might give the advantage of not being taken seriously.

...or can you use that? He did just say 'of your choice'.

Is the laser pistol in better shape than the one in your linkspace, or are they all that shoddy? If they're all that shoddy, don't get that. Slugthrower might be good if you feel like shooting a lot. Antimatter pistol might be good for outright destroying scenery or cover. Get rid of places for him to hide and such. ...unless your people have ways of defending building materials against antimatter.
>>
No. 39009 ID: efa41b
File 12522667158.jpg - (33.50KB , 800x600 , strategery.jpg )
39009

Our missile defense is pretty damn near perfect this way. To get at us, he'll have to abandon cover. We can't really advance too efficiently for a melee attack, but it's unlikely we'll need to, because chances are he'll come to us.
>>
No. 39021 ID: f2aac2
File 12522688272.png - (101.97KB , 800x600 , cover.png )
39021

>>39002
A solid line for defense, staggered to permit access for engagement in close quarters combat.
>>
No. 39036 ID: ab91ae

>>39021
I second this.
>>
No. 39041 ID: f98e0b
File 125227763081.jpg - (225.21KB , 800x600 , 32.jpg )
39041

>>39021
>>39036
OK then; John'll use the staggered wall.
Oberan examines his defenses, then marches into the midpoint of the impromptu arena.

He extends a hand. "Make it a good one, Sergeant."
"I'll try," replies John.

He tries to sound confident but uh
now that everything's prepared and he's about to fight to the death he's starting to sort of
freak out
>>
No. 39043 ID: 6c80cf

>>39041

Okay let's see. Go to the left or right edge of your territory and tape the gun's trigger to the on position and onto the terrain so it looks like you're holding it out around the corner, shooting at him.

Circle around the other side and stab him.
>>
No. 39048 ID: f98e0b
File 125227942388.jpg - (80.54KB , 1600x600 , 33.jpg )
39048

Both combatants go to their individual sides. After a couple of seconds, John hears Oberan say:
"Here we go."
>>39043
um
tape?
john doesnt remember any tape on the table or in his uplink
the black stuff on the map is where he thinks oberan is judging by the voice
what now
>>
No. 39057 ID: 6164e0

>>39048
Can you separate a piece of yourself after adapting it into a semi-hard adhesive? You could fake being behind a wall by actually leaving the hand that holds the gun behind with it periodically snapping off shots. Should fool the opponent long enough to close the distance by circling around to surprise him.
>>
No. 39062 ID: f98e0b
File 125228231898.jpg - (245.47KB , 800x600 , 34.jpg )
39062

>>39057
john doesn't think he's got any tissue in his body adhesive enough to stick his hand and the slugthrower to the wall

he also likes this hand

if worst comes to worst he can try though, he supposes

he really doesn't want to die right now he really does not
he'd miss cassie's invitation
>>
No. 39071 ID: 6164e0

>>39062
Perhaps reshape the wrist of the hand to suction to one of the cover blocks. You can do that, right? It's just resealing the surface skin/whatever and vacuuming it against the wall.

You may lose a hand, but those can be regained. It will distract him, and let you close the distance while he is distracted with the false belief you are hiding behind the cover you graft the hand and gun to.
>>
No. 39077 ID: 905a89

>>39062
Peek out to the right, bring the gun out with your head. If you see movement fire a single shot immediately; don't take time to aim, distract.
>>
No. 39085 ID: bffa2a

>>39062

Don't lose your sidearm, don't go trading blows. He's got the better close combat weapon and you've got the better gun. Run to the far left shielding making sure he can't run to the right without you getting a shot in. If he gets close to other side of your shield shoot through it and exchange for the next one. Continue in this manner using your guns penetration to your advantage while his can't do anything. If you run out of room he should be weak from blood loss and even you can at least match him.
>>
No. 39097 ID: f98e0b
File 125228748240.jpg - (86.76KB , 1600x600 , 35.jpg )
39097

Oberan speaks.
"So. Cassie, huh? Good catch, Lan...Sergeant. All the Qal want her. Hell, even I do."

why is he discussing matters of the heart
in a gunfight

>>39077
John decides to do this at first. He'll run-and gun directly afterward like
>>39085
suggested immediately afterward to keep Oberan from knowing where exactly his cover is.

John sticks his head out of cover and
>>
No. 39099 ID: f98e0b
File 125228752953.jpg - (213.36KB , 800x600 , 36.jpg )
39099

>>39097
FUCK
>>
No. 39103 ID: ab91ae

>>39099
DUCK BACK INTO COVER!

Then quickly move to the middle piece. We can't afford to stay here much longer.
>>
No. 39104 ID: bffa2a

>>39099

You dead? Stick to the plan. Don't talk to him right now, bad idea. Position knowledge and upsetting you. You can talk to him after if you wish. You just need to bleed him and stop sticking your own bits out to be shot.
>>
No. 39115 ID: f98e0b
File 125228913688.jpg - (229.14KB , 800x600 , 37.jpg )
39115

>>39099
HAHAHA HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT
JOHN THINKS HE HIT HIM

John manages to bring down some of the adrenaline coursing through his veins. Okayokayokay. That was a three-shot burst, so John's got 12 bullets in his clip.
Yeah, that's blood staining the barrier. John definitely hit him. Upon inspection, it seems Oberan missed him completely. John must have taken him by surprise. Serves him right for gabbing.

Oberan ducks behind his rightmost cover unit; John is still working on "moves-shoot-it" mode and squeezes off two shots from cover; both miss. 10 shots.

>>39103
>>39104
>>39085
RogerOkRight. Time to move on.
>>
No. 39117 ID: df8311
File 125228932415.png - (116.11KB , 796x600 , tactic.png )
39117

>>39099
One possible tactic, for your consideration: he currently has a very limited arc of fire. If you can roll across the gap (1st arrow), then slide up to his barricade (2nd arrow), you'll have both cover and an excellent vantage point to catch him entirely without cover.

Just thought I'd throw that out there as an option.
>>
No. 39121 ID: df8311

>>39117
Oops, a little late.

Well, he may have moved, but that tactic might still work if you go now while he's expecting you to sit still and recover from that bit of excitement. Pop around the corner and fill him full of lead.
>>
No. 39122 ID: bffa2a

>>39115

Okay, you're in moderately allright position. He'll probably tie off that wound with his headband but don't make life easy for him. Make sure he can't exchange for the rightmost cover. Despite slowing his bleeding he will have to come for you now so it's a waiting game. Just pay attention, don't expose yourself and use your guns advantage. If he dares to show his mug shoot through his cover.

>>39117

He exchanged covers for the middle one. Plan is false. Wait him to bleed out or commit himself.
>>
No. 39123 ID: df8311

>>39122
Hey, if you think he's focusing on that wound, then we should strike while the iron is hot, not wait and hope he bleeds out.

This fight will be won with bravery and determination, mixed with smarts. Not ticks on the clock and prayers.
>>
No. 39124 ID: efa41b

Okay, this cover setup is biting us in the ass now. You can either get by the one that he's on now, or get behind the far edge of the middle one, see if you can get a shot at him from there. Either way, you're in a bit of trouble.
>>
No. 39125 ID: bffa2a

>>39123

False. Most deaths on battlefield come from bleeding and shock. Exchanging gunfire to your own risk is stupid, be smart and shoot but don't get shot at. We can be heroic if he commits himself to be one and gets close enough without dying. Then it's up to the air who wins. Besides I would like to go on this date too.
>>
No. 39127 ID: bffa2a

>>39124

No trouble. Far left cover, aim right and shoot if he exchanges covers there or pops out. If he makes it without dying immeadetly exchange cover to right most. If he comes for close combat shoot through cover and get knife ready.
>>
No. 39128 ID: efa41b

>>39127
Yes, except that because of the way the left one is angled, it provides no cover whatsoever.
>>
No. 39131 ID: bffa2a

>>39128

Look again. He's behind his middle cover now. We got perfect cover until he runs for the right one getting shot in process. If he makes it we exchange to the rightmost. Cover again.
>>
No. 39134 ID: f98e0b
File 125229143924.jpg - (94.32KB , 1600x600 , 38.jpg )
39134

>>39127
John heads for the left cover, but is interrupted by OH GOD
Oberan dives from behind the middle cover to the right, blazing away with his rapid-fire laser pistol and grazing John's leg.

No damage to mobility due to the Burn nature of the wound, but John is forced into the middle cover element.

John can't feel pain at this point, having assigned zero cells to pain monitoring in an effort to make this battle hurt less, but he thinks the wound isn't that bad. It's cautereized, anyway.

>>39124
Oh. John's sorry. Is this his fault? He knew he'd fuck this up somehow.

John's in a position where Oberan can't hit him unless he moves. Unfortunately, John can't take any shots either.

Oberan's voice calls over the barriers. "Nice *ugh* shot, Sarge. Good thing I have this kerchief."

why does he keep doing that it is giving him away
is he going easy on john
or maybe toying with him
fuck
>>
No. 39137 ID: ab91ae

>>39134
Throw your knife to your left, wait for the clatter. He'll probably hop out of cover to shoot, and you can take that moment to hop out on your RIGHT and fire back on him.

Don't throw your knife too far, you want him to think its you. Throw it at a low angle so it clatters along the ground for a while.
>>
No. 39138 ID: 6c80cf

>>39134

You have a gun with high penetration, shoot through the goddamn barrier.
>>
No. 39139 ID: bffa2a

>>39134

How the hell did that happen... laser has zero penetration, one in a million shot then I guess. Unlucky, you're going to lose now. Don't get in close combat, leg wound prevents any chance of winning. You have zero cover. Slide knife right, if he falls for it and takes a peek to shoot you should see his arm. Shoot through cover and hope you get him or you're a goner.
>>
No. 39153 ID: efa41b

>>39139
It happened because our cover situation isn't very good. Shooting around the left (his left) side of the cover he's behind gives him a clear shot right at us.

>>39134
>Oh. John's sorry. Is this his fault? He knew he'd fuck this up somehow.
Don't worry about it. It's too late to do anything about it now, and it's still probably winnable.

Now, to action: Lean around the left of the cover. See if you've got a shot there.If you do, take it. If not shoot blindly, maybe you can pierce through and hit him. If not, no problem. Regardless of how this goes down, take a shot, get back behind cover, repeat. The repetition with delay is important, it makes him think we'll be following the same pattern. We will then be able to use this by circling around to the right and using the knife while he's expecting us to be on the other side.

Diagram immanent.
>>
No. 39156 ID: efa41b
File 125229566296.png - (96.85KB , 800x600 , tactics.png )
39156

Numbers correspond to timing, but they're approximate.
>>
No. 39157 ID: bffa2a

>>39153

No, still not seeing that. Laser had zero penetration, lucky shot made it through. Cover was solid, not anymore though.
>>
No. 39164 ID: efa41b

>>39157
...
Okay, sergeant, we require clarification. Did the shot pierce through the middle cover-piece, or through the gap between the middle and left cover pieces? The angle looks wrong for either.

Also, it occurs to me:
>why does he keep doing that it is giving him away
can his race pinpoint sound with the same precision as yours?
>>
No. 39234 ID: f98e0b
File 125232655465.png - (116.98KB , 800x600 , situation.png )
39234

>>39153
>>39157
>>39164
(Clarification: When the shots were fired Oberan was moving to behind right cover and John was in the open between middle and left. The angle is as shown in the picture, with
Oberan firing over his cover unit, which as you'll recall is only chest-height, landing a hit on John as he was in the open and forcing him back. It was pretty lucky shot but Oberan is a good marksman and his pistol fires quickly, so it's by no means impossible.)

>>39137
>>39139
John supposes throwing something could work. He temporarily has misgivings over losing his combat knife, but maybe the gain will cancel out the loss.

>>39138
John can ideed shoot through the goddamn barrier. But he'd be firing blind, which wastes a lot of ammo, and if Oberan is as good as John thinks, he's been counting how many shots John has fired and listening for a reload. If John wastes too many shots and needs to reload his weapon, he doesn't relish the thought of Oberan leaping out of cover with a katar and rearranging his minimalist face.
>>
No. 39251 ID: f98e0b
File 125233506726.jpg - (77.02KB , 1600x600 , 39.jpg )
39251

>>39153
>>39138
John uses his armor-piercing advantage to good effect, blasting five rounds through Oberan's cover. He's rewarded by the sound of the bullets striking the hard steel of the chamber walls, and a grunt from his opponent.

"Grah. You Qal are lucky creatures, with your ability to remove your own pain receptors. Wish I could," says Oberan, his voice a little more strained than it was.

John's pretty sure he's gotten another hit in, but these bullets he's using are making clean little holes, here. If he wants Oberan to bleed out he'll need to do a little more damage.

He prepares to start the next phase of the plan and flank with the knife...
>>
No. 39257 ID: 01383e

>>39251
goddamnit, he can't shut off his pain receptors? that's bullshit! try to put him down quick and clean, no point letting him bleed out or some shit
>>
No. 39261 ID: efa41b

>>39257
Turning off pain receptors is for pussies anyway.
>>
No. 39262 ID: f98e0b
File 125234112872.jpg - (81.82KB , 1600x600 , 40.jpg )
39262

>>39257
You're right. That IS bullshit. John's pumped several rounds into the poor guy. He resolves to end this quick.

He starts to sneak around to catch Oberan off-guard with the knife.

"Still," Oberan's saying from behind the right wall, "we Delter have some advantages over you."
>>
No. 39263 ID: f98e0b
File 12523411974.jpg - (475.16KB , 1600x600 , 41.jpg )
39263

>>39262
"...such as a remarkable ability to throw our voices."
John isn't exactly sure what oberan is talking abo
>>
No. 39264 ID: efa41b

Well, shit. Ah well. If you can grab his weapon arm in your off-hand, do so. A katar isn't very good for slashing, so if he over-extends even a little bit you should be able to get him.
>>
No. 39265 ID: 6164e0

>>39263
You can do this. Push past the fear. Fear is the mind killer. You will embrace the fear, let it flow through you and past you, and in its wake there will be nothing but you, your mind clear, your decisions swift and without hesitation.

All you have to do is keep him from stabbing your central diamond in your head, and you can keep functioning. If he goes to stab anywhere else, let him, grab the arm and open his throat.

And if he does go to stab you in the face, remember he has a much smaller target area that he is shooting for. Work to keep cutting him anywhere, every wound will pain him and slow him. Whittle him down, keeping that punch dagger away from your face.
>>
No. 39266 ID: 3745a7

>>39263

Uhhh... Damn?! Punch his face in! And after this we will make you learn everything about every race in this universe.
>>
No. 39267 ID: efa41b

>All you have to do is keep him from stabbing your central diamond in your head, and you can keep functioning.
Oh yeah...

Okay, if he goes for the diamond, duck under the blow and grab his arm, pulling forward for a good solid slash. If he goes for anywhere else, avoid the blow if convenient, but don't worry about it too much. Higher priority is grabbing his arm. Then you can step forward and cut him.
>>
No. 39287 ID: f98e0b
File 125234865862.jpg - (219.45KB , 800x600 , 42.jpg )
39287

>>39265
>>39267
John Focuses.
He finds it hard to think clearly, but the Orb's voice cuts through his mind as surely as Oberan's knife through his arm.

So, grab Oberan like SO and bring the knife up like THIS.

Oberan's cut caused him to miss his target of the throat, but John gets a cut in on the eye and (more importantly) is still
alive
hah
>>
No. 39288 ID: efa41b

>>39287
Okay, if you keep a firm grip on his arm, you should easily be able to twist for a low blow through his belly, and then come up again for a decapitating blow.
>>
No. 39294 ID: ab91ae

>>39288
>Decapitate
>With a knife
KNIVES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY.
Knives are best for stabbing, not slashing. They suck at slashing. Hold his arm and thrust into him repeatedly until he stops moving.
>>
No. 39299 ID: 6164e0

>>39287
Do not let go of that arm. As long as you hold it, he cannot employ the punch dagger.

You are Qal. Your form is yours to command. As you grip him, begin regenerating the flesh burned by the laser, and start converting more tissue to muscle (start with the now unsued pain receptors, and anything that you don't need to live at this very moment. It has become a close quarters fight, and you should adapt accordingly. Go ahead and get rid of organs that are needed for long term survival and convert them too: They can be reformed into their original state later.

This adaptive biology of yours is your greatest weapon. It lets you heal, and become capable of responding to any situation. Use it. Make yourself stronger, more capable of winning a grappling contest.
>>
No. 39344 ID: efa41b

>>39294
Knifes don't work that way on humans. But look how thin his neck is, a good blow with the edge of the knife could easily take the head off. And even if it doesn't, it's going to severely incapacitate him.

Also, repeated stabbing is actually not a very fast incapacitate, if you don't hit heart or lung, and I for one have no idea whereabouts in this species' body those would be.
>>
No. 39400 ID: f98e0b
File 125235646360.jpg - (246.92KB , 800x600 , 43.jpg )
39400

>>39299
John starts converting more to muscle. There go pretty much all of the reproduction and excretory systems, but the boost definitely did something. Already his burn and the wound on his arm are fading.
>>39294
>>39344
He tries for another stab, this time to the throat. Let's see if he can get through that skinny neck.

Oh.
Oberan was waiting for him this time and he's grabbed john's arm and he's using the momentum from the meaty swing to twist them in a most peculiar way and he's leaping forward and he's dropped his knife but john is

falling
backward
>>
No. 39408 ID: 6164e0

>>39400

DO NOT HESITATE.

Use your new strength to wrench your arms apart, and plant your feet solidly behind you. You have greater mass and strength, and quick action can prevent his maneuver.

Once his attempt to bring you to the ground is stopped, try to convert bacteria in you hands into a flesh eating kind. Start consuming him. It doesn't need to be fast, you just need to cause him pain to dull his movements.
>>
No. 39461 ID: efa41b

Let's see. If you thing you're capable of it, let him push you back, but roll out of it so you're on top. Then punch him in the face until he dies.
>>
No. 39550 ID: f98e0b
File 125236989999.jpg - (16.61KB , 800x600 , 44.jpg )
39550

>>
No. 39553 ID: f98e0b
File 125237002443.jpg - (240.71KB , 800x600 , 45.jpg )
39553

NO.
John isn't going to die again. Not right now.

>>39408
He will not move, because he is not weak. He is Qal.

He needs no knife, because he's not a hero, no matter how many you've worked with in the past, or how much he wishes he was one.
>>
No. 39572 ID: f98e0b
File 125237139735.gif - (1.31MB , 800x600 , 46peet.gif )
39572

He's a janitor.

(animated)
>>
No. 39574 ID: ab91ae

>>39572
...Did you just headbutt him with a magic flashlight?
>>
No. 39577 ID: 120ca8

>>39574
I think it's a broom.
>>
No. 39578 ID: f98e0b
File 125237181180.jpg - (76.28KB , 800x600 , 47.jpg )
39578

>>39574
John's antimatter swabber rocketed out of his uplink directly into Oberan's face.

Um

He isn't entirely sure how that just happened. It was pretty cool though, all things considered.

The lights turn back on, the door reopens, and the cover elements vanish.

The NOTE is still on the wall. John's swabber is lying on the floor in a pool of blood.

OBERAN is here, but his face is conspicuously absent.
>>
No. 39579 ID: ab91ae

>>39578
...Read note, hug Oberan's corpse.
>>
No. 39582 ID: 120ca8

>>39578
Get your... um... body healing, or whatever.

You have to be in top shape for your date tonight!
>>
No. 39590 ID: f98e0b
File 125237308995.jpg - (63.07KB , 800x600 , 48.jpg )
39590

>>39582
RIGHT. Right. The date.
John's gonna tell Cassie all about this. That was some FLCL shit he just pulled (you pinkos had some pretty good ideas, and that show was one of them). He's pretty sure the intense stress caused his mental uplink to spit out the swabber from his inventory with a high amount of force. He's heard of it happening before, but never to him.

>>39579
>hug corpse
Oberan's covered in Delter blood, which is mildly electrocuted. He wouldn't get fried, but he'd be damaged, and he's turned his system back to normal, which means he feels pain.

His arm and leg both sting, but they're already healing quite well.

>read note
>"John: If you're reading this, amazing job. Oberan managed to defeat Colm fairly easily when they dueled, and Colm was a good soldier, not a janitor. Your responsibilities as gunnery sergeant come next, but you've had enough excitement for one day, I think. Now get out of here. There's a certain purple lady who requested the pleasure of your company.

>In the more likely even that Oberan is reading this: Good job once again, I hope you made it quick, and clean up after yourself."
>>
No. 39592 ID: 120ca8

>>39590
He defeated Colm?! But Colm's an Assassin (or a Rogue if you're retarded and/or don't want to use Rennac).

You should go the extra mile and clean up. Then get out of there.
>>
No. 39599 ID: 6c80cf

>>39590

Uhh. Do remember you got rid of most of the ... bits that will be helpful in this date. Restore self with PROTEIN!

...I guess you could eat the body.
>>
No. 39605 ID: efa41b

>Clean up
>eat the body

Kill two birds with one stone?
>>
No. 39612 ID: 6164e0

>>39605
ELECTRICAL BLOOD BAD.

But sure, we should totally clean up. I mean, we do have cleaning apparatuses and experience at cleaning. Besides, it would be both courteous and funny.

But only if you can do it fast, because yeah, the date takes priority.
>>
No. 39665 ID: 007a2e

>>39592

Sadly, I don't think Colm realised twin daggers, even with a critical hit, stand little chance against a blaster.

P.S. Jaffar was here, Colm is a whiney, archer loving loser.

>>39590

Probably should try and at least give the dead some dignity, somehow. Otherwise, get outta there and claim your prize.
>>
No. 39671 ID: 120ca8

>>39665
I dunno, we just used a broom to kill a guy with a laser gun, so...

Also, for the longest time I thought Neimi was Colm's sister, so that whole Support thing really weirded me out...
>>
No. 39976 ID: f98e0b
File 125244067818.jpg - (69.21KB , 800x600 , 49.jpg )
39976

>>39592
>>39612
>clean the blood
...heh, why not. John's swabber is right there and everything.

He whistles a little while he works. He's giddy from having survived.

>>39599
>>39605
>eat Oberan
Even if John were that kind of guy, Oberan is both synthetic and electric. It'd be like sucking a sparkplug.
>>
No. 39977 ID: 6164e0

>>39976
Reform those organs you converted during the fight while you finish cleaning.

It would suck to have the date go well and realize you have nothing to enjoy it with.
>>
No. 40033 ID: f98e0b
File 125244600916.jpg - (59.21KB , 800x600 , apartments.jpg )
40033

>Four hours later
>Military Apartments Gratis by Ebony Beach, Algrieb
>>
No. 40039 ID: f98e0b
File 125244634070.jpg - (32.88KB , 800x600 , 50.jpg )
40039

John's sitting on Cassie's deck, listening to the ocean.
>>
No. 40044 ID: 6164e0

You did reform those sexual organs, right?

If not, do it now.
>>
No. 40047 ID: 92ab53

>>40044
Because we've been saying to do so for quite a while, so if you haven't, you'll be hearing screams of 'railroading' so loud you'll have to turn off your pain receptors.
>>
No. 40064 ID: f98e0b
File 125244926395.jpg - (48.26KB , 800x600 , 51.jpg )
40064

>>40044
>>40047
Don't freak, orb. John's got his systems under control. If he missed this opportunity he'd friggin' kill himself...
and, um, he'd turn his respawner off first.

The date was great. They went to some fantasy flick about a yellow thing with knives for arms, and spent the whole time cracking jokes and statting the characters for Cyclopes and Castles and pissing everyone else in the theater off and having fun.

Then they came home, played that FPS that stars that guy with big shoulders, and then Cassie suggested they look at the sunset then locked him out as a prank.

John is determined to outlast her and not bang on the door.
>>
No. 40072 ID: 6164e0

>>40064
....This is a test.

You need to find some way back inside without her help or damaging anything. Do that, and sweet, tender lovin' awaits.

Probably.

Anyway, take stock of you surroundings and what you have available to you.
>>
No. 40077 ID: 92ab53

>>40064
Ooh, if you really want to get her back, leave a note on how she's made it painfully obvious that she's just been stringing you along and doesn't care about you, then leave. She'll feel so bad it'll be hilarious, and the makeup sex will be awesome.
>>
No. 40082 ID: 6164e0

>>40077
...I somehow get the feeling you aren't being entirely serious. NOW WHERE COULD I GET AN IDEA LIKE THAT.
>>
No. 40085 ID: 43d730

>>40064
Assume form of yellow thing.
Make sadface at the door.
>>
No. 40090 ID: 92ab53

>>40082
I think you failed your sense motives test. I'm being 100% serious. Don't let her win, ESCALATE THINGS. Turn the situation around, take the war to her villages! Slaughter her women! Rape her livestock!
>>
No. 40104 ID: f98e0b
File 125245174573.jpg - (67.40KB , 800x600 , aha.jpg )
40104

>>40077
>>40085
>>40090
You're right, O glassy, pinko-voiced friends! John has not yet begun to fight! He'll get even somehow. He'll fight 'er on the rooftops, he'll fight 'er on the streets, he'll fight her, um somewhere else...
>Click
"John?"
>>
No. 40106 ID: 6164e0

>>40104
Dismiss plans, get ready for tender loving.
>>
No. 40108 ID: f98e0b
File 125245185811.jpg - (55.51KB , 800x600 , 52.jpg )
40108

"I made waffles."
>>
No. 40115 ID: 1afd58

>>40108
<3333
>>
No. 40120 ID: bffa2a

>>40108

For a pile of bacteria she sure... uh.. makes good waffles.
>>
No. 40121 ID: c80cec

>>40108
"And I brought the syrup."
>>
No. 40142 ID: f98e0b
File 12524541769.jpg - (20.47KB , 800x600 , 53.jpg )
40142

Several thoughts flit through John's head as Cassie pulls him inside and closes the door. Thoughts of ecstasy, love, and where she could have found a translucent apron.
he realizes as she takes it off and they join together

It doesn't matter now.
>>
No. 40147 ID: f98e0b
File 125245511975.jpg - (24.29KB , 800x600 , 54.jpg )
40147

>>
No. 40150 ID: f98e0b
File 125245514441.jpg - (25.09KB , 800x600 , 55.jpg )
40150

>>
No. 40151 ID: f98e0b
File 125245517222.jpg - (25.65KB , 800x600 , 56.jpg )
40151

>>
No. 40156 ID: f98e0b
File 125245535713.jpg - (199.21KB , 800x600 , titlend1.jpg )
40156

>>
No. 40162 ID: 6164e0

>>40151
John is a real bro, to give us some of his waffles.
>>
No. 40193 ID: b21e04

>>40162
Thanks I could help bro!
>>
No. 40272 ID: 01383e

>>40108
stupid sexy alien...
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password