[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 37954)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 12520407303.gif - (6.50KB , 800x600 , 351.gif )
37954 No. 37954 ID: c01408

The Tower of Olber was once home to the revered scribe of the same name. He was considered a proud and noble man, until his dabbling in the dark arts were discovered. And then, much like my own nobility, Olber's reputation fell. And yet somehow his legacy lived on, in the idealistic minds of so many uneducated peasants.

But I'm so sick of it all now. So weary of this charade of savoir faire and culture, of beautiful nobles parading grandly about their decadent palaces in an air of aesthetic deception.

I've got no pretty friends, I can't pretend, and I'm tired of believing in the things that go on here.
Expand all images
>>
No. 37958 ID: c01408
File 125204091699.gif - (5.47KB , 800x600 , 352.gif )
37958

But to more pressing concerns, I should bring up my own inexperience as to matters of cartographical lexicons.

You see, I thought the lack of a river-spanning bridge on my map was an oversight by the map-maker.
Evidently it was not.
>>
No. 37961 ID: 43d730

>>37958
No fords visible in either direction?
Anything like a village?
I assume you'd rather not paddle a log across.
>>
No. 37962 ID: 6faa8c

FUCK I HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THIS AND GETTING UP EARLY TO SEE MY GIRLFRIEND

Muscio, my good man, certainly mere water cannot stop you? You aren't a vampire or undead, after all...
How good are you at swimming? your body is actually rather hydrodynamic.
>>
No. 37963 ID: c80cec

How far is the river across? How fast is it flowing?
>>
No. 37965 ID: c01408
File 125204129328.gif - (5.55KB , 800x600 , 353.gif )
37965

The river is not particularly wide, and yes, in my training as a child of the court I had learned to swim, but these rapids seem potentially dangerous. The current of the river is strong.
And still this is the safest place to cross I have seen within the area I have traveled.
>>
No. 37966 ID: 039547

>>37965
any tree long enough behind you?
>>
No. 37967 ID: c80cec

Could you remind us what exactly you are carrying with you, my good man?
>>
No. 37968 ID: ed8d8a

>>37962
Bah! you know you love Finesse more than that other girl anyway.

How fast is this river flowing? Is it too fast for a makeshift boat to struggle across without ending up way downstream?
>>
No. 37969 ID: 6faa8c

>>37965
Crap, we should have brought the carpenterbold.
>>
No. 37970 ID: 034a30

>>37965
It's been awhile since we helped you...er, not that YOU'D notice. Crazy time/space hijinks. Anyway, is there anything in your inventory (besides your sword) that could be used to fell that tree behind you? We shouldn't dull/break our primary weapon.
>>
No. 37971 ID: e6c90b

Search the area for things that can float.

Are these full-on rapids, with rocks and whirlpools and such, or just a fast, choppy current?
>>
No. 37974 ID: cd08c0

>>37965
Maybe we can make a raft? It doesn't matter if we get pushed downstream a bit, as long as we can make it to the other side.
>>
No. 37975 ID: fdc826

>>37965
Muschio, could you perhaps toss the orb into the air and position yourself so that it falls on your crotch? You see, I have to wake up early tomorrow, and it's the only conceivable way that I can hit you in the nuts.

Anyway, do as the others say; you must find and fell a nearby tree. With what, I'm not sure; show us your inventory.
>>
No. 37976 ID: c01408
File 125204224245.gif - (4.97KB , 800x600 , 354.gif )
37976

>>37970
>is there anything in your inventory (besides your sword) that could be used to fell that tree behind you?
WHAT tree behind me? What are you talking about?

>>37971
The current is strong but there don't appear to be many outcropping rocks or water-vortexing eddies.
>>
No. 37978 ID: fdc826

>>37976
Could you show us/describe to us what the area around you looks like? We may be able to find something useful nearby.

And, I repeat, please show us what you are carrying.
>>
No. 37980 ID: c01408
File 125204275270.gif - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 355.gif )
37980

I'm carrying:
Sword and Shield
Depleted rod of Healing
Jug of Oil
Bite of Rope
Torch
Bread, Cheese, Minotaur's Milk
Potion of Blindness
Potion of Sleep

The surrounding area is...
well, I mean, look at it.
Empty hills.
No trees for a good distance. It may even be a seasonal flood plain. But beyond the river itself, it's mostly dry.

I don't know, I'm no geographer.
>>
No. 37981 ID: e6c90b

If there's nothing around that can float, and seeing how there's no better point to cross visible, and there's (hopefully) nothing in the water that we'll bash our head against or be sucked under by, I vote we just swim across. It doesn't look that broad from here.
>>
No. 37982 ID: 6faa8c

>>37980
And this is the safest place...

Hey I wonder if we can like ping our shard.
>>
No. 37983 ID: 789c25

Well, unless you're going to spontaneously learn how to fly, looks like you're going to have to swim it. No rocks or swirls means you'll be fine. You'll probably come out a good bit downstream of where you get in, but no harm done.
>>
No. 37984 ID: cd08c0

>>37980
It's... well, it's just you're not giving us a whole lot to work with, Muschie.
I bet Finesse would know what to do. Man. We should bring her back a souvenir.

How long is the rope?
>>
No. 37989 ID: fdc826

>>37980
I say you just swim for it, then. I'm sick of being cautious when advising orb-bearers, anyway.
>>
No. 37990 ID: c01408
File 125204317588.gif - (5.84KB , 800x600 , 356.gif )
37990

You're right. The waters seem navigable.
It may be a difficult task, but what sort of a man would I be were I not up to adversity?

Time to swim!
Here goes nothing!
>>
No. 37994 ID: c01408
File 125204332448.gif - (7.52KB , 800x600 , 357.gif )
37994

OH GOODNESS
>>
No. 37996 ID: fdc826

>>37994
Shit!

Uh, go for the eyes! Punch its snout! Scream like a schoolgirl!
>>
No. 37997 ID: cd08c0

>>37994
JAM YOUR SHIELD IN ITS MOUTH
>>
No. 37998 ID: c01408
File 125204341722.gif - (5.01KB , 800x600 , 358.gif )
37998

>>
No. 37999 ID: 034a30

>>37994
Quick-draw and stab up into the brain!
>>
No. 38000 ID: ab91ae

>>37994
OPEN ARMS WIDE, GRAB TOP AND BOTTOM JAW. NOW NOW NOW.
>>
No. 38001 ID: 6164e0

>>37994
GRAB THAT FUCKER'S TONGUE AND YANK IT OUT, TAKE NO SHIT FROM A RIVER MONSTER.
>>
No. 38002 ID: 034a30

>>37998
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
No. 38003 ID: fdc826

>>37998

D:
>>
No. 38004 ID: 6164e0

>>37998
Well son of a bitch.

Reload to Chapter Seven start checkpoint?
>>
No. 38005 ID: ab91ae

>>37998
Well that was exciting.

House of Romme?
>>
No. 38006 ID: 728150
File 125204373252.jpg - (24.37KB , 640x400 , tombstone.jpg )
38006

>>37998
>>
No. 38007 ID: c01408
File 125204375994.gif - (9.77KB , 800x600 , 359.gif )
38007

HEY
I'M NOT DEAD

I'M JUST IN A WHOLE LOT OF TROUBLE
>>
No. 38008 ID: ab91ae

>>38007
Back to shore Muschio!
>>
No. 38009 ID: fdc826

>>38007
Fuck! Swim, kick, anything!

Just get to the closest shore!
>>
No. 38010 ID: 6164e0

>>38007
Grab the lure sprouting from its head and tug. The nerves in it are pretty sensitive.

Use the moment of distraction to draw your sword and stick it in an eye.

Go ahead and pick which eye to stab it in, I defer to your judgment there.
>>
No. 38011 ID: e6c90b

It's designed for swimming, so trying to outrun him won't work. And it's enormous, so trying to kill it probably won't work...

I don't suppose you could hurl the orb to shore before you expire?

Uh ...I guess try stabbing it in the mouth with your sword.
>>
No. 38014 ID: 6faa8c

>>38011
RIDE CRAZYFISH LIKE A MECHANICAL BULL

USE LURE THINGY TO STEER.

THIS CANNOT GO WRONG!
>>
No. 38015 ID: 248d9f

I suggest uh finding the neareast piece of land getting on it
>>
No. 38016 ID: cd08c0

>>38007
JAM YOUR SHIELD IN ITS MOUTH
>>
No. 38017 ID: c01408
File 125204417958.gif - (9.75KB , 800x600 , 360.gif )
38017

>>38010
>Grab the lure sprouting from its head and tug
CRAP CRAP CRAP
>>
No. 38019 ID: fdc826

>>38017
Hold on to that lure, damn it!

Try to kick its eyes!
>>
No. 38021 ID: ab91ae

>>38017
Lift your legs! If you can avoid the bite, drop down and wrap your arms around its jaw. If you can keep it from opening its mouth it can't hurt you!

...Good luck with that first dodge though.
>>
No. 38022 ID: 6faa8c

>>38017
USE SHEILD TO HOLD ITS MOUTH IN PLACE AND THEN JUMP ON ITS BACK
>>
No. 38023 ID: e6c90b

I think those lures are meant to attract prey.

So jumping on it probably wasn't the best plan.

Get that sword out and start sticking it into whatever fish parts you can manage amidst all the splashing and thrashing.
>>
No. 38024 ID: 95484a

>>38017
From this position, you can either try and drop the potion of sleep down into its mouth or - if you're feeling daring - flip onto its back and ride it to the other side of the river.

You don't really look like you're feeling very daring, Muschio.
>>
No. 38025 ID: 16fe41

Try kicking it in the teeth. If possible, try swinging around onto its head; it can't bite its own mouth. Well, not unless it has a second head somewhere anyway.
>>
No. 38026 ID: 476456

THROW THE POTION OF SLEEP DOWN ITS THROAT!
>>
No. 38027 ID: c01408
File 125204470556.gif - (8.15KB , 800x600 , 361.gif )
38027

CRAP
>>
No. 38028 ID: 6faa8c

>>38027
POTION OF SLEEEEEP
>>
No. 38029 ID: e8d8be

RIDE IT!
>>
No. 38030 ID: 248d9f

JUMP ON THE HYRDRA'S BACK
>>
No. 38031 ID: fdc826

>>38027
If you can manage it, toss the potion of sleep down its throat!

If not, just try to get away and onto dry land! (A hit to the eyes/gills would help in this case)
>>
No. 38032 ID: e6c90b

>>38027
>CRAP
No, it's carp. CARP.

Get that sword out and stab it in the eye. Expect it to turn that shield into splinters any moment.
>>
No. 38034 ID: c01408
File 125204485570.gif - (4.34KB , 800x600 , 362.gif )
38034

>>
No. 38036 ID: c01408
File 125204493534.gif - (2.39KB , 800x600 , 363.gif )
38036

>>
No. 38037 ID: fdc826

>>38036
MUUUUUUUUSCHIIIIOOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
No. 38038 ID: c80cec

HE'S TRYING TO EAT YOU QUICK EAT HIM BACK!
>>
No. 38041 ID: 6164e0

It is now a matter of perseverance.

Can you push past the panic and focus, using the one breath in your lungs to keep you going as you kill the beast?

I believe you can. Your willpower is outstanding. Remember your mantras, and know that no amount of pain can best you.
>>
No. 38043 ID: 16fe41

Now you just need to hold your breath longer than it. And fish don't have lungs, which means they can't actually hold their breaths.

THE DAY IS YOURS!
>>
No. 38045 ID: c01408
File 125204539549.gif - (12.70KB , 800x600 , 364.gif )
38045

PPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>>
No. 38046 ID: 6faa8c

>>38045
IF YOU WEREN'T SCREAMING IN ABSOLUTE TERROR, YOU'D BE TOTALLY BADASS!
>>
No. 38047 ID: 16fe41

FUCK YEAH MUSCHIO!
I knew the fish would have to come up for air first!
>>
No. 38048 ID: fdc826

>>38045
Jesus Christ, he's riding it like a mechanical bull!

Keep going, Muschio, to land!
>>
No. 38049 ID: e6c90b

Crash it into the opposite bank.

Yell "MUSCHIOOOOO!"
>>
No. 38050 ID: ab91ae

>>38045
Good job boss! I knew we could count on you! Turn that fish towards the tower, boss!
>>
No. 38052 ID: cd08c0

>>38045
STEER FOR THE SHORE
>>
No. 38053 ID: ab91ae

>>38046
Screaming? He's gasping for breath you moron. The boss don't scream.
>>
No. 38056 ID: f44349

DO NOT LET GO
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO EITHER STAB THE BEAST IN ITS SOFT VULNERABLE EYES OR BREAK THE SLEEPING POTION DIRECTLY INTO IT'S MOUTH
THIS IS OF COURSE ONLY IF YOU CAN'T JUST CRASH THE THING INTO THE OPPOSITE BANK
>>
No. 38057 ID: c01408
File 125204587084.gif - (6.11KB , 800x600 , 365.gif )
38057

>WHUMP
>>
No. 38058 ID: c01408
File 125204596045.gif - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 366.gif )
38058

>>
No. 38059 ID: cd08c0

>>38058
... hey. You alive?
Boss?
>>
No. 38060 ID: 6faa8c

>>38059
Let him gather his thoughts.

Er.


Let him remember he's still alive.
>>
No. 38061 ID: fdc826

>>38058
*ahem*

Well, we handled that remarkably well. Compose yourself and keep moving, then.
>>
No. 38062 ID: f44349

>>38058
GodDAMN. You are awesome.

You uh... might wanna back away from the water now, though.
We don't know how for out of the water that thing can lunge.
>>
No. 38063 ID: c80cec

Thank your fishy friend for getting you across the river.
>>
No. 38064 ID: c01408
File 125204606324.gif - (5.42KB , 800x600 , 367.gif )
38064

>>38059
>>
No. 38065 ID: 95484a

That was GREAT, boss!

So... how you gonna get back?
>>
No. 38066 ID: 476456

I'm sure you're looking forward to the return trip
>>
No. 38067 ID: fdc826

>>38066
Note: Remember to gather sufficient river-crossing materials in the tower for the return trip.

And, Muschio, would you please get up and compose yourself? What if someone saw you like this?
>>
No. 38068 ID: e8d8be

Now that the easy parts over, lets sneak inside that tower.
>>
No. 38069 ID: c01408
File 12520464568.gif - (13.72KB , 800x600 , 368.gif )
38069

After a brief hike and a moment spent re-dressing myself, I arrive at the base of Olber's Tower, though the master for whom it was named is long-since gone.
I wonder who occupies it now.

I should note I lost my shield and rope in my confrontation with the aquatic beast.
>>
No. 38070 ID: ab91ae

>>38069
Ringading ding! Let's see who is home.
>>
No. 38074 ID: cd08c0

>>38069
See if those vines are climbable. We'd like to get in undetected, if at all possible.
>>
No. 38075 ID: 6164e0

>>38069
I would advise taking a moment to try and dry yourself and your garments as best you can. Being wet is not particularly conducive to stealth, what with wet footprints and dripping everywhere.
>>
No. 38077 ID: 789c25

>>38069
You're cute with your hair down~
>>
No. 38078 ID: f44349

>I should note I lost my shield and rope in my confrontation with the aquatic beast.
>lost ... rope
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
DOOMED! WE ARE DOOMED!
Rope is the TOWEL of adventuring supplies! We could have done anything with that rope!
I suppose we'll just have to make do but... make a note of obtaining more later.
>>
No. 38079 ID: cd08c0

>>38069
> lost my shield and rope
> lost my shield
Well we'll just have to start DUAL WIELDING.
... we left the dagger back at home, didn't we.
>>
No. 38080 ID: c01408
File 125204739968.gif - (12.07KB , 800x600 , 369.gif )
38080

This is a conundrum indeed.

Should I ring the bell, expecting a warm reception?
Or risk the crawling ivies and try climbing into a window atop a higher level of the tower?
>>
No. 38081 ID: fdc826

>>38069
Try to cut a piece of vine, if it is sufficiently rope-like.

However, it looks like we'll have to procure another shield with a large M on it later.
>>
No. 38082 ID: e6c90b

Climb the ropes.
>>
No. 38084 ID: 789c25

>>38080
You're unlikely to receive anything resembling a warm reception here. Use the vines.
>>
No. 38085 ID: fdc826

>>38080
Climb. Disregard my earlier vine-cutting comment, at least until we no longer need the vines.
>>
No. 38086 ID: 476456

who puts a doorbell if they're not expecting guests or deliveries.
>>
No. 38087 ID: f44349

>>38080
Hmm, well... we're not here to visit.
Alerting the denizens of the tower to our presence would just make claiming our prize harder.
It's time for some tactical stealth action!
Up the vines!
>>
No. 38092 ID: c01408
File 125204821327.gif - (11.32KB , 800x600 , 370.gif )
38092

Very well, I shall make the element of surprise my ally.

I see a window a few levels up. I shall attempt to ascend the clinging vines until I have reached it, for they do not rise much higher.
>>
No. 38094 ID: 6c80cf

>>38080

No, first go around the tower and see if there's a backdoor.
>>
No. 38096 ID: 6164e0

>>38094
...that's probably a good idea. Slowly climb back down and check. You know you will want to kick yourself if you find out such a door existed after the fact.
>>
No. 38098 ID: 789c25

>>38096
>>38094
A back door would be no less defended than the front door. A window, on the other hand, should be entirely undefended.
>>
No. 38099 ID: c01408
File 125204883759.gif - (9.31KB , 800x600 , 371.gif )
38099

I reach the window without much incident, though this ivy does not appear to be built for this climbing. It's already peeling away from the tower. I don't think I should use it much more.
Regardless, this is as high as it goes. The only open window I can find.

It appears this is my stop.
>>
No. 38100 ID: fdc826

>>38099
I... just... What!?

...okay, it doesn't look like you're getting through this window quietly, so you may want to consider climbing back down and ringing the doorbell.

Alternatively, wait for the... erm, creature to leave the room.
>>
No. 38101 ID: 789c25

>>38099
The window is too small to quickly go through... The spears are to far away to reach... And there's a Nedynvor there. Hmm, seems like a tough spot. See if you can't figure out what the nedynvor is doing.
>>
No. 38102 ID: 6faa8c

>>38099
>Those hands
>those feet
>that crest
!!!!
>>
No. 38103 ID: 58f84b

>>38099
1) Do you recognize the species of that thing sitting in the room?
2) That window looks kind of small, you think you could squeeze through it?
3) I don't see a way down in that room, so however that thing moves in and out must be above. If the window is too small, climb to the roof.
>>
No. 38104 ID: c01408
File 125204930394.gif - (9.61KB , 800x600 , 372.gif )
38104

I can't go back down. The ivies won't hold my descent without dropping me.

The Nedynvor appears to be playing a solitary card game.
>>
No. 38106 ID: cd08c0

>>38104
Well, there's nothing for it. Enter through the window. Try to look REALLY DASHING as you do it, with a warm greeting, like you totally planned this and there's nothing wrong with you coming in through the window.
Attempt to discern Nedynvor's gender. It may effect how we play through this encounter.
>>
No. 38108 ID: e6c90b

>>38104
Try to slip in and get past him silently.
>>
No. 38109 ID: fdc826

>>38106
This. Offer to play a card game while you're at it.

In any case, try not to act threatening. I believe this Nedynvor and his sword feet could come in handy.
>>
No. 38110 ID: 58f84b

>>38106
This, except that don't care about it's gender.
>>
No. 38111 ID: 6faa8c

You're fucking awesome at cards, and the gaurd looks bored as fuck. One plus one, Muscio.
>>
No. 38113 ID: 6c80cf

>>38104

Throw a sword through his face.
>>
No. 38114 ID: c01408
File 125205077757.gif - (9.64KB , 800x600 , 373.gif )
38114

I've never seen a crest QUITE like that one, but it's enough to tell the guard is female.
I act on a hunch from its bored posture.
Please let this work.

"Solitaire's only fun for so long. Need a second?"
>>
No. 38115 ID: 789c25

>>38114
THERE IS NO WAY THIS CAN GO WRONG
>>
No. 38116 ID: 58f84b

>>38114
1) Acquire Nedynvor lover
2) Threeway with Finesse
3) ???
4) Profit
>>
No. 38117 ID: c01408
File 12520512032.gif - (8.90KB , 800x600 , 374.gif )
38117

>>
No. 40896 ID: c01408
File 125256010379.gif - (10.71KB , 800x600 , 375.gif )
40896

Hm?
Oh, there you are. You sort of tuned out on me for a moment.
>>
No. 40897 ID: 9e9b47

>>40896

I take it the game's going well?
>>
No. 40898 ID: 795b36

>>40896
oh man you wont believe the weird dreams we had, seemed like we were in a dozen places at once...
>>
No. 40899 ID: 7eda8b

Are you playing strip poker or is it just really hot?
>>
No. 40903 ID: ab91ae

>>40896
...Boss... Why are you losing.
>>
No. 40905 ID: c01408
File 125256059260.gif - (10.73KB , 800x600 , 376.gif )
40905

>>40897
The game's going as well as could be hoped.
I was considering cheating, but you weren't available. It's not important anyway, since I'm not playing to win. Just a friendly game.
>>
No. 40908 ID: 7eda8b

Have you learned anything from banter so far? Gotten a name? Is this person a simple guard here, or in fact she who commands this tower?
>>
No. 40910 ID: c80cec

So who's your new friend here?
>>
No. 40911 ID: ab91ae

>>40905
Well good job. You made a friend! What's her name anyhow?
>>
No. 40915 ID: f4963f

>>40905
Hmm. What is that thing behind you, Boss?
>>
No. 40921 ID: c01408
File 125256147987.gif - (10.82KB , 800x600 , 377.gif )
40921

She isn't a very talkative one, but that's fine by me. Still, she said enough to tell me her name.

Now what was it again...?
>>
No. 40923 ID: 795b36

>>40921
Emed
>>
No. 40926 ID: 95ab41

>>40921
Ashedel
>>
No. 40927 ID: f4963f

>>40921
I believe it was Eltsina.
>>
No. 40928 ID: 4c132c

Dema!
>>
No. 40929 ID: c80cec
File 125256171727.gif - (12.66KB , 800x600 , 125256147987.gif )
40929

>>
No. 40931 ID: f2de2f

Ketamari
>>
No. 40933 ID: ab91ae

>>40929
Seconding Willow.
>>
No. 40935 ID: 9e9b47

Gypsy
>>
No. 40936 ID: c01408
File 125256196388.gif - (10.75KB , 800x600 , 378.gif )
40936

That's right. Her name is ASH!

...well technically it's Ashedel, but she prefers Ash for short.
>>
No. 40938 ID: 6164e0

Strike up some conversation.

Be as wordy as possible, and do so in a deadpan monotone. Then abruptly smile and laugh.

If my bet is right, Ash will find it amusing, and you will make her more likely to be positively inclined towards any requests you make in the future.
>>
No. 40940 ID: c80cec

Well that's nice... Did you find anything out about why you came here in the first place?
>>
No. 40941 ID: f4963f

>>40940
Shh, don't ruin this!

>>40936
Go ahead and find out more about our new friend. What's Ash doing here?
>>
No. 40945 ID: c01408
File 125256295784.gif - (10.52KB , 800x600 , 379.gif )
40945

I have learned a few things from Ash. She's a hired hand in this tower, mostly labor and resource management but she has had to step in for security once in a while. Normally her job is boring, which is why I was able to trade a game of cards for passage through without her assaulting me.

Evidently she feels no real loyalty to the current master of this tower -- or mistress, I should say.
A woman who Ash only refers to ass "Miss Syrup".
>>
No. 40946 ID: ab91ae

>>40945
>Miss Syrup
Fuck we just walked right into Candy Land. Go for Double Orange, Muschie, there are no bad Orange squares.
>>
No. 40948 ID: 7eda8b

"Syrup? That's an odd name. I must know more."
>>
No. 40951 ID: 276781

>>40945
Miss Syrup?
...She's not a captain or anything, is she?
>>
No. 40954 ID: c01408
File 125256375534.gif - (10.63KB , 800x600 , 380.gif )
40954

Over the cards, Ash disinterestedly tells me that Miss Syrup doesn't often meet with her hirelings, instead communicating to them by proxy of her Commander.
Exactly what Miss Syrup is planning, why she's commandeered this strategic tower, and what she's capable of Ash doesn't know or care to guess. But she does mention that her boss is a very intelligent woman.
>>
No. 40955 ID: ab91ae

>>40954
Well good to know. Who else lives in this tower anyway?

Also good job on that last round boss.
>>
No. 40957 ID: 7eda8b

Speaking of intelligent, you should probably start winning more to draw this out.
>>
No. 40968 ID: c01408
File 12525648946.gif - (10.72KB , 800x600 , 381.gif )
40968

Perhaps I did lose the last round -- but like I said, I'm not here to win. I'm just here to get past the guard and learn what I can about the person I'm about to nab a Mannikin from.

Apparently the tower is largely unmanned right now, other than Ash, Miss Syrup, and the Commander, who recently returned from some mission.
The tower is staffed by Odds, mostly for maintenance and construction however. Odds do not make good fighters.
>>
No. 40971 ID: f4963f

>>40968
Are... you playing strip poker?

...

I highly encourage this.

Also, find out what she's in the job for. A stable paycheck? Obviously she's not very loyal to her current master. Perhaps she could be persuaded~
>>
No. 40972 ID: ab91ae

>>40968
Odds?

Ask her where in the world they'd get Odds. A monster portal or somesuch?
>>
No. 40974 ID: efa41b

Well, let's see.. We should play through. Afterward, we should whip out our sword at Ash's neck before she has time to respond, and say something along the lines of "That was a good game. It would be a shame to have to kill you. Perhaps you would be interested in a change of employment?"

And then your GAR increases.
>>
No. 40977 ID: cd08c0

>>40974
No, that just increases your dickery.
Minions who've joined willingly are more loyal. We should persuade her to join with chivalry and offers of non-boredom. She can be our Guard Captain. As soon as we get some damn guards.
And if that doesn't work, flex your pecs!
>>
No. 40979 ID: efa41b

>>40972
This comes before my suggestion, naturally. I'm simply planning ahead.
>>
No. 40982 ID: efa41b

>>40977
While I agree that your ideal situation would be ideal, I'm loath to attempt to convert an enemy without having a sever advantage over her. Generally speaking, if combat is potentially possible, being ready to win easily is a good thing.
>>
No. 40983 ID: 7eda8b

"If you're so bored with your job, why don't you just quit? I know a guy with a fresh startup dungeon."

>>40972
We already know odds come from a monster portal. That's the whole reason why we're here. To get the mannikin.
>>
No. 40985 ID: cd08c0

>>40968
Y'know... I think she's looking at you kinda funny, Boss.
>>
No. 40986 ID: efa41b

>>40983
Playing dumb can be a good way to dig for info, brah.
>>
No. 40987 ID: ab91ae

>>40983
I know that we know about the monster portal, but getting her to confirm its here, and maybe let slip where it is, is also a priority.
>>
No. 40990 ID: efa41b

>>40987
You do realize that the mannikin isn't necessarily near the gate, right?
>>
No. 40991 ID: c01408
File 125256616526.gif - (10.66KB , 800x600 , 382.gif )
40991

Ash says she's mostly here because it provides a stable paycheck and an easy way of life. It gets her by without much trouble.

I have to consider if I WANT to hire someone like Ash. Should I really be hiring people who will let intruders by for a game of cards?
Surely it's a quality I can appreciate when I'm the one trying to get past them, but were she under my employ I don't believe I'd look on this shirking of duty in a favorable light.
>>
No. 40993 ID: 7eda8b

True. Plus you just met and she's already got her tits out.

Still, it would make a good way to let us properly enter the area unmolested, wouldn't it?
>>
No. 40996 ID: efa41b

We got to pick her name, so clearly she's supposed to join us.

A less meta point: We know this flaw. And we currently lack anyone to play cards with. Besides, it's not like we can't backstab her after we get the mannikin and get out safely.
>>
No. 40997 ID: 6faa8c

>>40991
It's kinda like the girl who tries to pull men away from other girls: Would she really want a guy that unfaithful?

Ahem.
At any rate, finish up this last set and move on. You're right: You want diligent minions, not silly girls who let you by with a game of cards.

Despite how cute they may be.
>>
No. 40999 ID: ab91ae

>>40991
Did... Did you just win her top? Well played, Boss.

And that is a good point. While she may be... impressive... in her figure, she seems a lax guard. We can do better with a nice ogre or something.

Anyway, lets change the betting. If she doesn't want to completely strip, she can tell you where the Odds mannikin is.
>>
No. 41000 ID: 476456

well clearly we wouldnt hire her as a guard.
>>
No. 41001 ID: 5c2435

>>40993
But what if Muschio doesn't want to go unmolested~
>>
No. 41002 ID: 276781

>>41000
If not as a guard, then as what? What other skills does Ash possess that could be useful, boss?
>>
No. 41003 ID: 9e9b47

You've only gotten TO her to be fair, not past her
>>
No. 41004 ID: f4963f

>>40991
Well then. What does she do aside from guard duty?

Is there anything she'd rather be doing? We have a lot of open positions to be filled in our up-and-coming empire of evil.
>>
No. 41005 ID: efa41b

>>40997
If it's just for a quick fuck, then sure.

>>40999
I think she's probably cool with stripping completely.

Anyways: RECRUIT HER. We can always kill her later, goddamn. If she doesn't want to be recruited, and doesn't seem likely to stay out of our way and avoid sounding the alarm, then we can kill her after the failed recruit attempt.
>>
No. 41006 ID: e8d8be

>>40991

Do note that shes doing this because SHE IS BORED. If she comes with us we can find something to occupy her time. Plus she can fly, a very useful skill.

How good of card players are bolds?
>>
No. 41007 ID: cd08c0

>>40991
I'm sure there's SOMETHING we could have her do. We don't have a lot of minions right now. We could do with all the help we can get.
Even if we're evil, there's no reason we can't make friends.
So if she can't be a guard, she could... direct the Odds? Tally inventory? Cook? Clean?
... boost morale?
>>
No. 41008 ID: ed8d8a

She is not primarily a guard, she is labor and resource management. And she is doing a lousy job guarding because she has a mind numbingly boring job for an employer who she doesn't care about and never sees. Sounds like a McJob to me. It wouldn't be that hard to inspire more loyalty than this.
>>
No. 41011 ID: cd08c0

>>41006
Flying! That's a great ability!
She can be, like... our sidekick. She'll accompany us on adventures. We may never have to SWIM A RAGING RIVER RAPIDS again, depending on how much she can carry. Or if that's too much, at the very least she can be a scout. You know, keeping an eye on the area around the base.

>>41008
Of course, labor and resource management are also good. We'll want someone to look after the Odds. Finesse should have her hands full inventing, anyway.
>>
No. 41012 ID: c73b9f

Strip Poker?

Time to cheat.
>>
No. 41013 ID: c01408
File 125256753669.gif - (10.58KB , 800x600 , 383.gif )
41013

The game is over. There is no more time for further questions.

I quietly contemplate hiring Ash.
She proceeds to tell me this has all just been a ploy to get me to lower my defenses, and that she simply didn't expect me to be so good at cards.
>>
No. 41014 ID: e8d8be

>>41013

Well we have her at a disadvantage now don't we?
>>
No. 41015 ID: f4963f

>>41013
She is no match for our mighty BOXERS.
>>
No. 41016 ID: efa41b

Ask her to explain herself.
>>
No. 41017 ID: ab91ae

>>41013
Hand on shoulder.
Reassuring smile in place.
Ask her if she'd be willing to take a job at our new place. We have a bunch of minions with no manager. Interested?
>>
No. 41018 ID: 6faa8c

>>41013
Well, FUCK.

Well played, Ash, well played.

Offer her employment.
>>
No. 41019 ID: 7eda8b

"In that case, perhaps I have a job for you after all. As an alternative to killing you, that is."
>>
No. 41021 ID: 7eda8b

Also, make a dive for the weapons rack to get a spear.
>>
No. 41022 ID: c80cec

Assume the captain morgan stance and proudly proclaim yourself as lord cardsmaster muschio.
>>
No. 41023 ID: 276781

>>41017
>>41018
>>41019
Should probably make sure she wasn't lying about being bored as hell at this job, about Syrup, and the like.
If she wasn't lying, the boss won't have to change recruitment tactics very much. Assuming he's decided she's worth recruiting, that is.
>>
No. 41025 ID: c01408
File 125256822144.gif - (15.03KB , 800x600 , 384.gif )
41025

I tell Ash that while I am impressed by her hidden intentions, her lack of forethought is less remarkable.
The game has stripped us BOTH of weapons, and turned her as defenseless as me -- perhaps moreso.

[animated]
>>
No. 41026 ID: 476456

get ready to upend the table if she says no.
>>
No. 41028 ID: 6faa8c

>>41025
FUCK SWORDLEGS
FUCKFUCKFUCK GET YOUR FUCKING SWORD

AAAAAAAH
>>
No. 41029 ID: f4963f

>>41025
AHAHAHA. Yes.

Okay, right. Bit of distance from those swordfeet, Boss. Now would be a good time to tell her that we're impressed with her skills and have a possible employment offer.
>>
No. 41030 ID: efa41b

She'll be unable to advance rapidly with her leg raised like that, and in this enclosed space she'll be unable to use her flight to any real effect. Spring back and go for a weapon.
>>
No. 41031 ID: a078ea

>>41025
Retort with your own all-natural sword. You know what I mean.
>>
No. 41032 ID: ab91ae

>>41025
Time for reflexes, Muschio. Quickly bat the sword foot aside. Since she is either sitting or on one foot right now, this should throw off her balance. Take this moment to tackle her. She can't stab you if you are on top of her!
>>
No. 41033 ID: e8d8be

GRAB IT! Shes only standing on one leg right now. We will have her right where we want her.
>>
No. 41034 ID: 6faa8c

>>41031
NO.
>>
No. 41035 ID: 9891a9

>>41029
Indeed, attempt to employ me- I mean, her. Do try to get your hand firmly on a weapon though, just in case.
>>
No. 41038 ID: 1689ab

Laugh. Say that's really quite impressive. Continue making small talk as if nothing had happened. That'll put her offguard a bit and give you time to react properly.
>>
No. 41039 ID: f44349

>>41025
...Now would be a good time to catch her off guard with a job offer.
Grab for your sword while she's distracted, but make sure she knows you're sincere about offering her a job.
>>
No. 41040 ID: 276781

>>41033
>GRAB IT
>Grab *sword*leg with bare hands
Nothing can go wrong, right?
>>
No. 41042 ID: dd1710

"I see the curtains match the drapes."
>>
No. 41043 ID: 7eda8b

Kick the table at her so she tips over. She's balanced on the tip of a sword now.
>>
No. 41044 ID: b94893
File 125256876872.jpg - (16.43KB , 320x240 , facepalm wayne.jpg )
41044

>>41042
WHAT drapes?
>>
No. 41045 ID: efa41b

>>41042
Nedynvor have Pubic Crests, apparently. She may be sensitive about her unusual crests, you know.
>>
No. 41048 ID: c01408
File 125256921457.gif - (9.52KB , 800x600 , 385.gif )
41048

Ha-HA!
A true gentleman knows the first rule of any strip card game: Never throw your sword farther from the table than you can reach!
>>
No. 41049 ID: efa41b

>>41046
Have you had a lot of card games where that was necessary? How often, exactly, have you played stripping games with your enemies?

Also, tell her you're impressed, make job offer.
>>
No. 41050 ID: 7eda8b

Now that her, uh, sword... legs are on your regular sword, push upwards with both hands so she tips completely over. Her lack of breast support will make this even more disorienting for her.
>>
No. 41051 ID: f4963f

>>41048
Um... is she on her back now, or...?

Anyway, I'm still up for the job offering thing, Boss. Especially since she's proven to be less inept than you originally thought.

Good foresight on the sword thing, though.
>>
No. 41054 ID: efa41b

Look how slender those legs are! And they neither curve nor taper! Try snapping them. Should be easier than bone by a long shot.
>>
No. 41056 ID: e8d8be

Flip her over the chair by using your sword to push her legs up.
>>
No. 41057 ID: 06fc25

Be prepared to inform Ash that you are not actually left handed.
>>
No. 41058 ID: 8e18cd
File 125256974452.jpg - (21.73KB , 600x600 , DemesiDespleasure.jpg )
41058

This is coming dangerously close to a rape scenario. Given she's on her back with her legs raised high.
>>
No. 41059 ID: cd08c0

>>41048
We're going to have to defeat her before she'll seriously consider a job offer. After all, no self respecting goon would defect right as they think they're going to win!
Try flipping the table at her! Failing that, we'll need to drive her back. Something to knock her off balance!
>>
No. 41060 ID: 7eda8b
File 125256983327.jpg - (65.03KB , 328x250 , fireworks_factory.jpg )
41060

>>41058
>>
No. 41061 ID: efa41b

>>41057
He's ambidextrous. Somebody said approximately the same thing when we fought Red Fang.
>>
No. 41063 ID: c01408
File 12525702199.gif - (10.03KB , 800x600 , 386.gif )
41063

You're right! Time to deflect and send my foe off-balance. Put some shoulder into it!
>>
No. 41064 ID: 7eda8b

>>41063
You can probably put your hand against the flat of your blade to provide additional leverage.

If you succeed in making her tumble end over end, take advantage of it immediately to subdue her in a vulnerable position.
>>
No. 41065 ID: efa41b

Step forward, around the area she can easily reach with her footblades. Put your blade to her throat. Grin. Offer her a job.
>>
No. 41066 ID: dd1710

Now rape her to assert dominance.
>>
No. 41067 ID: 034a30

>>41066
That's completely uncalled for! We're trying to be a classy villain, here, not some two-bit thug.
>>
No. 41068 ID: f4963f

>>41066
There will be no end to your torment.

Ignore the stupid voice, boss. You're doing fine. Establish our classy abilities, offer her a job. We could use skill like hers, and hey, she even has her own weapons.
>>
No. 41069 ID: efa41b
File 125257086546.jpg - (109.77KB , 750x600 , BORED.jpg )
41069

>>41067
>classy
You know...
A throne surrounded by naked women is pretty classy.
>>
No. 41070 ID: a3b36a

"...do you really want to die for someone you said you didn't care for? Or was that just part of your ruse?"
>>
No. 41071 ID: 7a0acc

>>41070
She's made no attempts to die thus far. She had no idea of our rather considerable combat abilities. She was just doing what's she's paid for.
>>
No. 41073 ID: 7eda8b

>>41067
>That's completely uncalled for! We're trying to be a classy villain, here, not some two-bit thug.

...rape her while wearing a top hat?
>>
No. 41074 ID: 2dd482

Boss, You've got one hell of an opportunity here.

Take it.

Take her.
>>
No. 41075 ID: 476456

kick the table over then pin her under it.
>>
No. 41076 ID: 44ece7
File 125257171413.gif - (7.66KB , 800x600 , 387.gif )
41076

And now, the COUP DE GRÂCE!
>>
No. 41077 ID: 7a0acc

CUT OFF HER VAGINA

and then retrieve your pupils. You might need those some time.
>>
No. 41078 ID: 2dd482

>>41067

Classy villians rape women, and then get them to fall in love with them regardless.

DO IT BOSS. TEACH HER TO FEAR THE NAME MUSCHIO MALTO!
>>
No. 41079 ID: a3b36a

Blood for the blood god!

...she's not on her period, so this will have to do. Also, skulls for the skull throne!
>>
No. 41080 ID: e8d8be

RIGHT DOWN THE CENTER!
>>
No. 41081 ID: cd08c0

>>41076
... stop just inches from her throat. Then offer her the job.
If she refuses, well~
>>
No. 41082 ID: f4963f

>>41076
... offer her a job?
>>
No. 41083 ID: 276781

Normally, I'd be all for a spot of rape in the morning, but this time I've got to say I disagree.

I say prove superiority through combat prowess (or get lucky, whichever works) and offer a somewhat more exciting job working for Muschio.

Besides, she's got to be somewhat uncomfortable, that room must be rather drafty.
>>
No. 41084 ID: a3b36a

I'm shocked at all the rape suggestions. What would Finesse think if at some point Muschio's tale of what happened included 'And then I raped the Nedynvoir lass at swordpoint, barely keeping her swordlegs at bay' in it?
>>
No. 41085 ID: 9891a9

>>41081
What he said.
>>
No. 41087 ID: 7a0acc

>>41084
It should be fine. Clearly she's attracted to a bad boy~
>>
No. 41089 ID: 44ece7
File 125257292952.gif - (3.55KB , 800x600 , 388.gif )
41089

I suppose, in retrospect, Ash had been a much more formidable foe than I had originally considered.

...but no longer.
>>
No. 41090 ID: 7eda8b

Bummer.
>>
No. 41091 ID: 44ece7
File 125257314725.gif - (10.00KB , 800x600 , 389.gif )
41091

After all, I believe she'll make a much more formidable ally.

We share a smoke. In a minute I'll need to gather my things and head up to face the tower's boss.
>>
No. 41092 ID: 7eda8b

Oh you.
>>
No. 41094 ID: 2dd482

>>41091
way to go Boss!
>>
No. 41095 ID: 034a30

>>41091
...*golf clap.*
>>
No. 41096 ID: f4963f

>>41091
Tsk. Oh Muschie. :)

<3
>>
No. 41097 ID: c80cec

Diplomacy at its finest.
>>
No. 41098 ID: dd1710

>>41091
Aw yeah muschie's still got it.
>>
No. 41100 ID: 58f84b
File 125257751734.jpg - (226.48KB , 640x975 , magnificent-obsession-os.jpg )
41100

>>
No. 41102 ID: 9d07d9

Finesse isn't going to like this.
>>
No. 41104 ID: 5eea01

>>41102
Think she's going to find out?
>>
No. 41112 ID: 276781

>>41104
She has a shard of us, albeit small.
And we have a hard time with not blurting out things.
>>
No. 41191 ID: efa41b

>>41102
She may be sad, yeah. Especially if she mistakes our spontaneous sex with some random slut for actual affection. To make it up to her, we'll have to show her some actual affection.
>>
No. 41213 ID: 58f84b

>>41191
>genuine affection
Like... hot dickins?
>>
No. 41216 ID: ed8d8a

>>41191
>spontaneous sex with some random slut

Well *I* like her at least.
>>
No. 41228 ID: efa41b

>>41216
Sure, so do I. But she just fucked the first random stranger to come through her window and play cards with her. She's definitely a bit more promiscuous than the average person. And the sex was definitely spontaneous. One moment we're besting her in combat, the next, we fucked her.

... Come to think of it, that sex was pretty quick, too.
>>
No. 41286 ID: ed8d8a

>>41228
>quick

It might just be the reception on this thing. We have been going in and out quite a bit lately. Might want to call the orb repair man.

Besides, who WOULDN'T want to have a go at Master Muschio. He is a dashing rogue after all, and if your options are only a matter of which sword you get stabbed with, it seems like an easy choice.
>>
No. 41445 ID: ac4254

>>41102

"...so then we played strip poker and then after I won she attacked me with her sword legs and then I attacked her my sword and then we both smoked some pot."
>>
No. 41524 ID: 12bd87
File 125264186183.gif - (9.65KB , 800x600 , 390.gif )
41524

I gather my belongings, get dressed, and with Ash's key, proceed up the tower. It's not far to the top and I'll have no locked doors in the way.

On opening the trapdoor to the next floor, I observe a thick, low-hanging smoke, evidently produced by some manner of censer hanging from the ceiling far above. The smell is sweet and thick, and though an acrid taste lingers, it does not seem poisonous.
>>
No. 41529 ID: 7eda8b

Examine area for danger via reflection of your sword.
>>
No. 41540 ID: f4963f

>>41524
Well, Boss, if it's safe, I'd head up.
>>
No. 41542 ID: 6164e0

>>41524
...That can be misleading. It could be a slow acting narcotic, or a variety of other things. Try your best to not breathe in too much of it, just to be safe.
>>
No. 41551 ID: 12bd87
File 125264285284.gif - (12.54KB , 800x600 , 391.gif )
41551

This sword is filthy, scratched, and unpolished! I can't make out anything!
>>
No. 41555 ID: 1689ab

Wrap a cloth around your mouth and nose to avoid any chance of poison.
>>
No. 41560 ID: 476456

Take better care of your weapons muschio, damn.
>>
No. 41561 ID: 6164e0

>>41551
You have cloth, otherwise you would be naked.

Try to buff it enough you can at least see something.
>>
No. 41591 ID: 12bd87
File 125264402133.gif - (17.59KB , 800x600 , 392.gif )
41591

All right, after a quick shine I think I can see a LITTLE of the room above.
There's something that looks like a chest or a dresser in the middle of the room, but otherwise it seems to be clear. I can't be sure though. There's a lot of smoke and it's not helping the problem.
>>
No. 41594 ID: f4963f

>>41591
Go up. Go for eet.
>>
No. 41595 ID: f4963f

>>41591
Go up. Go for eet.
>>
No. 41596 ID: 7eda8b

Well, I don't see any baddies. So might as well head on up.
>>
No. 41645 ID: 12bd87
File 125264550577.gif - (11.81KB , 800x600 , 393.gif )
41645

I ascend to the next level.

...it appears this room is occupied after all.
>>
No. 41649 ID: 12bd87
File
Removed

The guard takes a moment, but finally notices my presence.
>>
No. 41654 ID: 6faa8c

>>41649
>>41649
Kill it brutally and effieciently, as is your style. It's unarmed and, appaerently, drugged.
>>
No. 41655 ID: 1afd58

>>41649
Man, what is this? The tower of naked times?

Muschio, how do you feel about laying this dude like you stuck it to the birdchick in the other room?

Anyway, just try to convince him to let you through. He seems a bit off his game anyway.
>>
No. 41656 ID: 367b9b

Eh. Just kill him.
>>
No. 41657 ID: f4963f

>>41649
Oh my god, it's adorable.

Don't kill it, Muschie. Um. Pat it on the head and move on. :<
>>
No. 41669 ID: 6faa8c

>>41667
oh god if Muschio gets up the whole damn tower and gets the mannikin via sex I will laugh my ass off.
>>
No. 41670 ID: 1afd58

>>41669
Then Finesse will wonder why all we got was love mana
>>
No. 41671 ID: 9e9b47

>>41649

Put your sword to its throat.
>>
No. 41674 ID: 1689ab

Watch out. It's probably got a third eye. Ask him if he's smoking up AGAIN. Act like you know him and that you belong there.
>>
No. 41675 ID: f4963f

>>41671
>put your 'sword' in its 'throat'

Fixed that for you~
>>
No. 41676 ID: 476456

"Jesus christ where did your clothes go?"
>>
No. 41678 ID: fdc826

She's like some sort of bastardized version of Ruby. Hell, she's even flat as a board.

Anyway, Muschio, I recommend you simply ask her who she is; she's unarmed, and, apparently, drugged in some way. She shouldn't pose much of a threat, as long as you make sure she doesn't go for a weapon.
>>
No. 41679 ID: 7eda8b

Keep your sword out but kind of relaxed in posture, like you've forgotten you're holding it, even though it's still actually in your hand.

"So who are you?"
>>
No. 41681 ID: 367b9b

Why is this place so full of heavy naked women, anyway?
>>
No. 41699 ID: 12bd87
File 125264679275.gif - (82.87KB , 800x600 , 394.gif )
41699

[I swear it's fixed this time]
>>
No. 41704 ID: 1689ab

"Panty inspector. What, you don't have any? Wow are you in trouble."
>>
No. 41705 ID: 6164e0

HOORAY DRUGS

That aside, don't attack him, and don't say anything. He should start babbling on his own, and he should say something you can use against him in his panicked state.
>>
No. 41709 ID: 276781

He or she.
(I can't tell if those are shirt ruffles or itty bitty rabbit titties.)
>>
No. 41710 ID: 12bd87
File 125264729099.gif - (11.84KB , 800x600 , 395.gif )
41710

...the guard is obviously female. Perhaps the smoke is confusing me.

I draw my sword in case hostilities commence.
The guard and I stare tensely at each other. She doesn't babble. In fact, she doesn't say anything.
Why she had her shirt off is beyond me.
>>
No. 41712 ID: 12bd87
File 125264738658.gif - (11.83KB , 800x600 , 396.gif )
41712

Finally, she speaks up.

>"I didn't see nothin' if you didn't see nothin'."
>>
No. 41714 ID: e3f578

She doesn't seem to have any weapons. Just raise your empty hand and say "Yo" casually.
>>
No. 41715 ID: 476456

"Word"
>>
No. 41717 ID: 6faa8c

>>41712
"Righto." and walk around her, making your way up.

Jesus, this is easy.
>>
No. 41718 ID: 6164e0

>>41712
....Fine
>>
No. 41720 ID: c80cec

"As you wish. Good day, fair lady."
>>
No. 41721 ID: 1afd58

>>41712
NICE TITS BABY

I am kidding. Just nod and head on up, Muschio.
>>
No. 41722 ID: 276781

>>41710
Glance down at sword.
"I'm not here to kill you. Not unless you attack me, first, anyway.
If you want to put your shirt back on before we continue, be my guest."

How's that sound, boss?
>>
No. 41723 ID: f4963f

>>41712
"Deal."
>>
No. 41725 ID: e49d30

>>41712
Whats in that safe?
It could be what we are after and when we leave she runs for it and takes the goods with her.
>>
No. 41726 ID: efa41b

Well, then, just go ahead and go, I suppose. NO need to kill her.

And for politeness' sake, don't forget to sheath your sword in her.
>>
No. 41727 ID: 6faa8c

>>41725
Shit.

You're right.
>>
No. 41729 ID: 6164e0

>>41725
...That is a good point.

Ask her what is in the safe first.
>>
No. 41730 ID: fdc826

>>41669
Indeed.

In fact, if things continue the way they have been... well, I'd like to see what's on the first few floors~

...Now, excuse me while I go shoot some cans in my yard to work off the masculinity I lost from posting that tilde.
>>
No. 41762 ID: 12bd87
File 125264943825.gif - (11.44KB , 800x600 , 397.gif )
41762

Very well. No point in bloodshed if they're just going to let me waltz right through.

I nod my agreement and sheathe my sword.
The guard disinterestedly picks her pipe back up, and I make my way to the ladder to the next level.
>>
No. 41765 ID: f4963f

>>41762
That key in your hand...
>>
No. 41767 ID: 12bd87

>>41765
What about it?
>>
No. 41768 ID: 6faa8c

>>41767
It's for the doors, rem-
THE SAFE, MUSCHIO

WILL IT OPEN THE SAFE
>>
No. 41777 ID: 12bd87
File 125265066233.gif - (5.27KB , 800x600 , 398.gif )
41777

How the hell am I supposed to know if it works on that safe?

All Ash told me was that it'd get me to the top.
>>
No. 41778 ID: 27fd4d

>>41777
Try it, maybe? Unless the rabbit has any objections, that is.
>>
No. 41780 ID: 6faa8c

>>41777
You know, if I had a thing that essentially enabled my monster portal to make things, I'd hide that object somewhere SAFE.
>>
No. 41781 ID: efa41b

>>41778
If the rabbit has objections, there's no reason we can't kill it.
>>
No. 41782 ID: 9e9b47

>>41777

screw it just go up
>>
No. 41784 ID: 6faa8c

>>41783
>>41782
What is up with this freaky doubleposting think lately?
>>
No. 41785 ID: 276781

>>41781
I'd personally prefer recruiting her, but then again, I'm partial to harem endings.
>>
No. 41786 ID: 367b9b

>>41785
Me too, but I'd prefer a harem of more interesting characters. No need for more than one from a given tower. Certainly no need for some stoner chick who is disinclined to prevent an intruder from achieving his goals.
>>
No. 41789 ID: 276781

>>41786
True, true. And she didn't give us a name, either, which means she's probably a generic gruntling.
>>
No. 41790 ID: fdc826

>>41786 >>41789

But... just look at her hat. Look at it.

And we haven't even asked her name yet.
>>
No. 41792 ID: 12bd87
File 125265261170.gif - (6.63KB , 800x600 , 399.gif )
41792

Very well, I'll leave her be and move on to the next floor. To be honest, I'm beginning to doubt she's a guard at all. Ash at least tried to stop me, before she was sufficiently motivated otherwise.
Perhaps that individual was a non-combative resident.

Either way, this next floor seems... remarkably sparse. Perhaps it is undergoing reconstruction.
A single Odd busies itself here, engaged in some kind of hauling labor.
>>
No. 41793 ID: ab91ae

>>41792
Walk past Odd, proceed to Boss Battle.
>>
No. 41794 ID: 367b9b

It's just a monster. Not even combat oriented. Go ahead and bisect it.
>>
No. 41795 ID: 7a6f2e

I remember you said something about Odds being unfit for guard duty because of lack of fighting prowess.
Unsheath your sword anyway and try to just pass it.
>>
No. 41796 ID: 9e9b47

>>41792

take his box
>>
No. 41798 ID: 367b9b

>>41793
Considering our last action may well have been "Walk past Boss Battle, proceed to Odd", we could at least eliminate this hostile. Though I guess there's no real need to. I just want to see something die. Is that so wrong? ;_;
>>
No. 41799 ID: efa41b

Kill Odd, take Box
>>
No. 41800 ID: 6faa8c

>>41792
looks like one of those rattley-head thingers from Princess Mononoke.
>>
No. 41801 ID: 45afb1

Kill Box, take Odd
>>
No. 41803 ID: 6faa8c

>>41792
Kill it dead, gain Mana.
>>
No. 41804 ID: c73b9f

Just walk on by?

It doesn't look like it is even inclined to attack you.
>>
No. 41805 ID: efa41b

>>41804
It has a box.
>>
No. 41806 ID: fdc826

>>41793 >>41804
Thirding "just walk by".

Muschio's gone this far without initiating any hostilities; we may be able to get through this whole ordeal without any trouble if we continue doing so.
>>
No. 41807 ID: cd08c0

>>41762
I'd ask if we could try to recruit her on the way out, but honestly I can't think of why we'd want to.
She's cute, though!
>>
No. 41808 ID: 7eda8b

Man, can't we kill SOMEthing in this tower?

Chop its head off!
>>
No. 41809 ID: 9891a9

>>41806
Another vote for walkin' on by.
>>
No. 41810 ID: e49d30

>Apparently the tower is largely unmanned right now, other than Ash, Miss Syrup, and the Commander, who recently returned from some mission.
>Ash
Met and hired
>Miss Syrup
???
>Commander
???

Now was the girl the commander or Syrup.
Either way I still say it was a very bad idea to leave her back there alive.
>>
No. 41816 ID: 962d6b

>>41810
kinda obvious by now she either lied or is not paying any attention to who's around.
>>
No. 41817 ID: f4963f

>>41814
Miss Syrup, I presume?
>>
No. 41818 ID: 476456

"Am i late for my appointment?"
>>
No. 41819 ID: 7a6f2e

>>41818
Smoooooth
>>
No. 41820 ID: 12bd87
File 125265544742.gif - (14.72KB , 800x600 , 400.gif )
41820

I leave the odd to its business, as it seems completely uninterested in me, and as I have no use for a large block of granite.

I ascend once more. If the gigantic window is any indication, I've reached the top floor.

A very precise-looking woman sits behind a writing desk before me.
>>
No. 41821 ID: b94893

>>41814
Compliment her on her wall-mounted lava lamp.
>>
No. 41822 ID: efa41b

>>41814
"Ah. I would assume you are Miss Syrup. I have come in the interests of obtaining a Mannikin which I believe is within this tower. If you will grant it to me, I would be glad to make my egress in a fully non-hostile manner, and on a geopolitical scale might look favorably on your own establishment in the future."
>>
No. 41823 ID: 7eda8b

Sex up everyone in this facility yet unsexed.
>>
No. 41825 ID: 276781

>>41821
That's a window, my good man.
Unless- Ohoho, you got me on that one. You were making a joke about how it looks like a lava lamp.
Pretty sneaky.
>>
No. 41826 ID: 12bd87
File 125265661590.gif - (5.85KB , 800x600 , 401.gif )
41826

I decide to confront her without pretenses.
"You must be Miss Syrup. I have come seeking the Odds Mannikin which I have reason to believe is in this tower. If you will hand it over without a fuss, there will be no need for any hostilities."

Her face betrays no change of emotion as I speak.
>"Regardless of the fact that you are a ruffian too deficient in even the most basic courtesies to introduce yourself, I have no intention of turning over something so valuable to anyone at this time. And I certainly have even less inclination to reward it to one such as yourself who makes such vague and clumsy threats of violence unprovoked.

>My name is Mabel Syrup. I am an author.
>And this tower is my new home. I intend to continue my great stories from this grand and historical monument. I need the Odds to accomplish this goal, so your efforts to recover it from me through what I can only assume you believe to be smooth talking are in vain."
>>
No. 41827 ID: efa41b

>>41826
"You would know my name? I am Muschio Malto, the once and future prince, and the lord of a rather goodly sized domain even now.
If you are willing to write in my own domain, then I may afford you use of the Odds. If not, then I'm afraid the implied threat may need to become real."
>>
No. 41828 ID: 276781

>>41826
Do we have any knowledge of her works of literature, boss? If we do, that might serve to impress her some.

Also, since it looks like this will be a battle of words and wit, it would probably be wise to apologize for the discourtesy and intrusion, and introduce ourselves.
>>
No. 41829 ID: 476456

Why are we robbing an author.
>>
No. 41831 ID: efa41b

>>41829
Because she has something we want.
>>
No. 41832 ID: 7eda8b

"I am Muschio Malto, suave motherfucker."
>>
No. 41833 ID: 12bd87
File 125265811188.gif - (14.74KB , 800x600 , 402.gif )
41833

"My name is Muschio Malto. Perhaps you know the name, given your line of work."

>"I doubt that. I write books for CHILDREN.
>...though I suppose you fit that intellectual profile.

>I've already told you, you scoundrel: you aren't getting the Mannikin. Now I don't know how you got past my guards but I've had more than I can take of you. Please leave."
>>
No. 41834 ID: 6faa8c

>>41826
Put her at swordpoint.
"I have harmed none of your workers in this tower and left one better off, if I may say so myself. Don't force me to use violence when you could just hand over something so simple. If you give it to me, I'll let you keep your Odds, and produce more if you pay me. I think I'm being rather civil, considering how easy it would be to hack and kill my way through your new home."
>>
No. 41835 ID: 367b9b

Well... um... Commence ransacking, I suppose.

"I'm afraid not."
>>
No. 41836 ID: 476456

Its time to put the moves on her muschio.
>>
No. 41837 ID: cd08c0

>>41833
... ask WHY she needs the Odds. She seems pretty low key. And these defenses are, admittingly, pathetic. Maybe we can work out some kind of deal or alliance.
One where we get the Mannikin, of course.
>>
No. 41838 ID: f44349

>>41833
"Very well then. We'll do this the hard way.
I am Muschio Malto."
Brandish sword here.
"And you have something I want."
>>
No. 41839 ID: 962d6b

>>41833
show her the key, if it's for the mannikin maybe she'll react.
>>
No. 41840 ID: 12bd87
File 125265873620.gif - (14.92KB , 800x600 , 403.gif )
41840

All right, I'm done playing nice. No need to draw steel just yet, but it's time to let her know I really mean business.

"I've made it past all your guards. This will be easier for us both if you just hand over the Mannikin, but if you test me further I will have no recourse but to take it by force.
I am being perfectly civil, given how easy it would be to cut you down right here."

The corners of her ruby-red lips pull upwards just slightly, a faint, suppressed smile.
>"You?
>Not likely."

She leans back and calls out:
>"CORI!"
>>
No. 41841 ID: 962d6b

>>41840
uhoh, either that minion is invisible or coming. hopefully the latter, GO FOR HER, USE AS HOSTAGE.
>>
No. 41842 ID: efa41b

Now is a good enough time for drawing steel, perhaps?
>>
No. 41843 ID: 7eda8b

Grab her and hold her out the window. Threaten to drop her.
>>
No. 41844 ID: ed8d8a

ladder going up would seem to indicate that this is not the highest point in the tower. Threat comes from that direction.
>>
No. 41845 ID: 6faa8c

>>41840
HOSTAGE TEIM
>>
No. 41846 ID: 12bd87
File 125266006542.gif - (194.30KB , 800x600 , 404.gif )
41846

I move forward to attempt to take Mabel Syrup hostage.
But a very large figure drops down between us from a trapdoor above.

[animated]
>>
No. 41847 ID: efa41b

>>41846
DRAW
>>
No. 41848 ID: 476456

Look around her and say "Where do you get these people? Were they having a sale?"
>>
No. 41849 ID: efa41b

>>41846
DRAW

DRAW AND LUNGE FORWARD INTO HER HEART BEFORE SHE CAN DRAW
>>
No. 41850 ID: 6faa8c

>>41846
Alright, Muschio. Let's get our combat on!
>>
No. 41851 ID: c80cec

Salamanders usually BREATHE FIRE, so watch out for that.
>>
No. 41853 ID: 7eda8b

Slice her top off.
>>
No. 41854 ID: f8cedc

Remove your shirt to assert dominance.
>>
No. 41855 ID: cd08c0

>>41846
"... is there a reason you're all women?"
>>
No. 41856 ID: 7a6f2e

"You just had to go and make things difficult. I managed to avoid bloodshed up until now, but you leave me no choice."

Say this while avoiding being totally wrestled to death by the boob-lizard.
>>
No. 41859 ID: 12bd87
File 12526613794.gif - (10.33KB , 800x600 , 405.gif )
41859

>>
No. 41860 ID: 367b9b

>>41855
They were probably born that way.
>>
No. 41873 ID: 9d07d9

We aren't going to get a "single-hander bellylander" out of this are we?
>>
No. 41882 ID: fb5d8e

Pull the pin from her top!
>>
No. 41902 ID: 64d98f

>>41882
I support this. We need to keep up our track record of nudity in this tower.
>>
No. 42410 ID: 12bd87
File 125272255425.gif - (8.13KB , 800x600 , 406.gif )
42410

The Commander is a large woman in the most literal sense.

She does not wield a weapon. Somehow this makes me less confident, rather than more.
>>
No. 42411 ID: 1689ab

Calmly ask why all the employees here are women. Does she have something against men? What kind of a message is that to be teaching children? and she calls herself an children's author. Honestly.
>>
No. 42413 ID: 8b14a1

>>42410
"So, uh... Hello, Commander Coriander Salamander. I am Muschio Malto. If we're going to fight, can we do it in that last room? I don't think either of us wants to bleed all over Ms. Syrup's books."
>>
No. 42416 ID: 43d730

>>42410
Use NOBLE BLADE TRAINING to slice her top.
It should throw her off balance.
>>
No. 42420 ID: 7eda8b

Raise your sword to get her eyes on it, then kick her in the kneecap.
>>
No. 42422 ID: f98e0b

Go for the long neck
Sever the head
>>
No. 42423 ID: f98e0b

>>42420
Wait do this first
Then the head
>>
No. 42424 ID: 15f6d6

Reveal her lizard tits with badass swordsmanship.
>>
No. 42427 ID: 12bd87
File 125272308016.gif - (4.85KB , 800x600 , 407.gif )
42427

"Well well. Greetings, Commander. I am Muschio Malto. Given that your employer would not appreciate getting blood all over her study, I think we should relocate this combat. I recommend the room just downst
>>
No. 42428 ID: 12bd87
File 125272311715.gif - (5.56KB , 800x600 , 408.gif )
42428

AIRS"
>>
No. 42429 ID: 15f6d6

Remove her hand with force and swordsmanship
>>
No. 42430 ID: 476456

"or whatever, this works too" Start working her stomach with your fists!
>>
No. 42431 ID: c80cec

Attack her arm!
>>
No. 42441 ID: 12bd87
File 12527235971.gif - (16.59KB , 800x600 , 409.gif )
42441

"Okay wait!
We can discuss this!"
>>
No. 42442 ID: 8b14a1

>>42441
Your hand is in the perfect position to start a swing.

Do so. Hard and swiftly into her back.
>>
No. 42443 ID: 904da4

>>42441
Stop talking and REMOVE HER GODDAMN ARM FROM YOUR FACE BEFORE SHE THROWS YOU OUT THE WINDOW.
>>
No. 42445 ID: 476456

Spread your legs out so you dont go flying out the window.

And take a swing at her top.
>>
No. 42451 ID: 1689ab

Compliment her on her top. Ask if you can try it on, then cut it off of her.
>>
No. 42464 ID: 12bd87
File 125272457453.gif - (11.32KB , 800x600 , 410.gif )
42464

>>42442
>>42443
It's a considerable challenge to throw a swing when you're being DRAGGED AROUND BY YOUR FACE BY SOME OVERSIZED L--

WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
No. 42468 ID: 34d3ad

>>42464

If we weren't so terrified, this would probably be totally awesome.
>>
No. 42469 ID: 1689ab

Seriously, cut her top off, it'll cause her to stumble out the window.
>>
No. 42470 ID: 8b14a1

>>42464
Cling to her arm for dear life.
>>
No. 42471 ID: f44349

>>42464
YOU'D BETTER NOT HAVE JUST LOST YOUR SWORD
Goddamnit. I hope you still have that knife.

...Also I am seconding slicing her top off.
It should prove to be a sufficient distraction as well as being quite amusing.
>>
No. 42473 ID: 15f6d6

BITE HER FINGER
>>
No. 42476 ID: 12bd87
File 125272506477.gif - (6.69KB , 800x600 , 411.gif )
42476

SO AM I JUST SLOW TODAY OR DID YOU NOT NOTICE WE'RE FALLING OUT THE GODDAMN WINDOW *ALREADY*
>>
No. 42477 ID: a4f64b

>>42464
Damn, forget offense! You have to try to minimize damage here.
The way things are now, she could easily just slam you into the ground or something similar.
Try your Flame Trick to shake her off, then grab the vines on the tower to slow your descent!
>>
No. 42479 ID: a4f64b

>>42464
Damn, forget offense! You have to try to minimize damage here.
The way things are now, she could easily just slam you into the ground or something similar.
Try your Flame Trick to shake her off, then grab the vines on the tower to slow your descent!
>>
No. 42480 ID: 8b14a1

>>42476
...Cling to her arm for dear life.
>>
No. 42484 ID: 43d730

>>42480
I second this.
Wrap your body around her arm and try to force it out of alignment.
It's your entire body against her arm, I hope it works...
>>
No. 42486 ID: 9d07d9

Fall in a more hard-boiled manner.
>>
No. 42489 ID: 12bd87
File 125272546174.gif - (17.60KB , 800x600 , 412.gif )
42489

>>42486
TOO LATE
>>
No. 42494 ID: f98e0b

>>42489
Quick
In this moment of eternity
Reach for her thong as you fall and
PANTS THAT LIZARD
>>
No. 42495 ID: 12bd87
File 125272580633.gif - (7.24KB , 800x600 , 413.gif )
42495

look
hhoooouughh...

look at all the pretty colors.
>>
No. 42496 ID: f44349

>>42489
Alright.
Do we have any clue where our sword fell?
And do we still have that knife?
Because without a weapon this is going to be... a bit difficult.
>>
No. 42497 ID: 8b14a1

>>42489
During dizziness and confusion from hitting the ground so rapidly, ask her if she is an angel.
>>
No. 42499 ID: f98e0b

Tag out for Ash
Have her stab the Commander from behind with her sword feet
>>
No. 42501 ID: 9d07d9

GET UP, PRINCE

WHERE IS YOUR BLADE
>>
No. 42502 ID: a1ac99

>>42489
She turned us into a ragdoll.

We will not stand for this. You will not stand for this.

...I'm probably right in more ways than one on this.
>>
No. 42503 ID: 35cea2

Come on Mushy, get up and back at her! You don't want to die like THIS do you?
>>
No. 42507 ID: fdc826

>>42495
Oh, hahaha, oh my god, she just kicked your ass! That was so cool!

...uh, anyway, just try to get up, Muschio. From the looks of you, though, you're in pretty bad shape, so I doubt you would be able to do much even if you did manage to get off your ass. (Which, as I already mentioned, was just handed to you by a half-naked lizard chick)
>>
No. 42511 ID: 3f4d7e

its over mushio is finished
>>
No. 42512 ID: 276781

>>42495
Uh... use an action point and cast Deus Ex Machina? Toss the orb at her in hopes that we can convince her not to further kick your ass?

Do something else?
>>
No. 42514 ID: 476456

GRAPPLE HER, HOMBRE!
>>
No. 42515 ID: 12bd87
File 125272641221.gif - (14.18KB , 800x600 , 414.gif )
42515

>>42499
>Tag out for Ash
ASSSHHHHHhhhh!
AaaaAAre youuuuUUuu there, ashhhhhhh

howmbout
alilltle hellpuh

hoo
oogh
>>
No. 42520 ID: 9891a9

>>42512
Seconding this assuming that my heroic self Ash doesn't come to the rescue from our terribly weak cry.
>>
No. 42521 ID: 476456

ROLL! JUST KEEP ROLLING TILL YOU GET TO THE RIVER...then uh....ROLL THE OTHER WAY!
>>
No. 42522 ID: 43d730

>>42515
Keep away until you get your head back.
Roll if you have to.
>>
No. 42524 ID: 8b14a1

>>42515
Hold up that key you got from Ash. Ask if it belongs to Miss Salamander.
>>
No. 42528 ID: 34d3ad

>>42515

Complement her body. If you're gonna die, you might as well go out with a grin.

And if you don't die, then that just makes it all the better.
>>
No. 42539 ID: 632862

>>42515
Check to see where your sword's going to fall. See if you can get her to stand under it.
>>
No. 42540 ID: 1689ab

Throw us at her. We'll deal with things from her end.
>>
No. 42545 ID: db0334

I wonder if there's a way to do this without killing her...
>>
No. 42550 ID: fdc826

>>42540
Yeah, this. We'll talk to her.

It's not like you'll be doing much in your condition anyway, Muschio.
>>
No. 42552 ID: 476456

>>42545
More like a way to do this without getting killed.
>>
No. 42559 ID: 64d98f

holy jesus, the elusive triplepost. slow down on that button clicking, champ
>>
No. 42562 ID: 12bd87
File 125272751379.gif - (16.03KB , 800x600 , 415.gif )
42562

Oogh.

I thought my senses were coming back.

But I could swear I just saw an angel descend from heaven.

I must be more out of it than I realized.
>>
No. 42564 ID: c80cec

Get the fuck up and give your fuckbuddy a hand, you dolt!
>>
No. 42565 ID: 1689ab

ok, we're gonna need some mud or jello, stat.
>>
No. 42567 ID: 34d3ad

>>42562

Time for a little girl-on-girl.
>>
No. 42569 ID: 64d98f

>>42567
Nothin' like a little bit o' girl-on-girl, eh?
>>
No. 42570 ID: 15f6d6

APPLY SWORD DIRECTLY TO FOREHEAD
>>
No. 42571 ID: ed8d8a

>>42565
Voting for jello. it obscures less.
>>
No. 42576 ID: 95484a

>>42562
Nah, you're fine. Now shake it off, this fight's not over yet. There's your sword. No need to get fancy, you're clearly still a little woozy. Just chop off her foot, or whatever you can reach without falling over, and be careful not to hit your new ally.
>>
No. 42578 ID: e8d8be

>>42564

THIS! Snap out of it and get back in there.
>>
No. 42583 ID: 3f4d7e

hey look mush-o your sword is right there wake up loser
>>
No. 42588 ID: 12bd87
File 125272887087.gif - (10.58KB , 800x600 , 416.gif )
42588

I come to my senses and dive for my sword just in time to see Ash get launched off the Commander's back and smack into the stone wall several feet away, dazed but alive.
But now I'm back in the game, and I won't be taken down so easily.

The Commander doesn't notice I'm back up just yet. She's wide open!
>>
No. 42590 ID: 9d07d9

FINISH HER
>>
No. 42591 ID: 476456

PANTS HER!
>>
No. 42594 ID: db0334

Well, attack I guess.
>>
No. 42597 ID: c80cec

Deliver a stabbing attack! She cannot possibly withstand being penetrated by a blade of that girth!
>>
No. 42598 ID: 6164e0

>>42588
Aim to wound one of those arms. Cut down her ability to attack you.
>>
No. 42599 ID: 8b14a1

>>42588
Use KEY on BRA. Free her from her bondage. Let her magnificence roam free, for all to see. Unwind her bindings, and emancipate her womanhood.

Basically, tits or gtfo, Muschio.
>>
No. 42605 ID: 6164e0

>>42599
...That might work, that kinda looks like a lock on the back of her bra.
>>
No. 42609 ID: 632862

>>42605
I think that looks more like a belt.

She seems to be wearing a similar outfit to the Disgaea female Warrior, in that respect.
>>
No. 42611 ID: cd08c0

>>42591
Seconding the pantsing. See, if her pants are around her knees, that'll restrict her movement. She'll have to fight you like that, or take time out to set them right again, either way of which you'll have a continued advantage.
>>
No. 42612 ID: ce55c4

Wait, do we have the Master Ball?
>>
No. 42625 ID: 632862

(erm I should probably put in an actual suggestion)
She's not talking to us. Go for the kill!
>>
No. 42629 ID: 12bd87
File 125273020355.gif - (10.63KB , 800x600 , 417.gif )
42629

The Commander has made the dangerous mistake of ignoring her opponent. With a quick lunge forward and a steeled grip on my blade, I slash broadly and cut a deep bash in her right arm.
The surprise of the blow and the pain of the impact causes her to stagger forward!
>>
No. 42630 ID: 9d07d9

Jump on her back. Use key on keyhole.
>>
No. 42632 ID: 8b14a1

>>42629
Now jam the key in your other hand into her chastity top!
>>
No. 42636 ID: 6164e0

>>42629
Put key in key hole!

THIS WILL CLEARLY HELP YOU SOMEHOW.
>>
No. 42666 ID: 34d3ad

>>42629

Jump on back. Initiate quick-time event. Attempt to unlock her top.
>>
No. 42683 ID: 632862

It's a key that will "get you to the top"?

Oh, Ash.
>>
No. 42703 ID: 43d730

>>42701
Sword sword sword sword sword sword sword sword sword
>>
No. 42706 ID: 12bd87
File 12527336561.gif - (156.70KB , 800x600 , 418.gif )
42706

Of course!
The KEY!
The key "that will get me to the top"!
It's all so clear now!
The key...

...doesn't fit!

No matter! I always have a backup plan!

...I really hope there's a good reason for me to be doing this!

[Animated!]
>>
No. 42711 ID: 6164e0

>>42706
There HAS TO BE!

There is no reason a warrior would have something locked on them for no reason!
>>
No. 42715 ID: 8b14a1

>>42706
Oh, there's no reason at all for this. We just thought it'd be cool. Thanks for delivering, boss. You were awesome.
>>
No. 42721 ID: ce55c4

>>42706
It was a control-top.
Mind control, that is.
>>
No. 42723 ID: 64d98f

No, actually we just wanted to see if we could see her boobs.
>>
No. 42726 ID: 476456

Make sure you say it was an accident so she doesnt lift you over her head and rip you in half..
>>
No. 42745 ID: ed8d8a
File 125273534040.png - (14.61KB , 800x600 , ohnolasers.png )
42745

Oh no! That was the only thing stopping her lasers from firing out of control!
>>
No. 42750 ID: 34d3ad
File 12527356317.gif - (2.93KB , 250x242 , What the Heck.gif )
42750

>>42745
>>
No. 42753 ID: 8b14a1
File 125273575998.gif - (278.11KB , 480x360 , flapjack joy.gif )
42753

>>42745
This makes me extremely happy.
>>
No. 42754 ID: 962d6b
File 12527357514.gif - (421.70KB , 268x288 , oh you girl.gif )
42754

>>42745
>>
No. 42756 ID: 7eda8b

Titties are their own purpose.
>>
No. 42758 ID: e49d30
File 125273594838.jpg - (28.85KB , 400x309 , 1244074236614.jpg )
42758

>>42745
>>
No. 42762 ID: 43d730

>>42703
This was a general suggestion to cause grievous bodily harm with a sharp and pointy piece of metal, by the way...
>>
No. 42767 ID: 6164e0

>>42745
REFLECT THE LASERS WITH YOUR SWORD BACK INTO HER NIPPLES, CAUSE AN OVERLOAD!
>>
No. 42788 ID: 43d730
File 125273755173.jpg - (97.13KB , 407x405 , Advice-Dog-REFLECT-THE-LASERS-WITH-YOUR-SWORD-BACK.jpg )
42788

>>42767
It had to be done.
>>
No. 42793 ID: 12bd87

>>42788
No. No, it really fucking didn't.
>>
No. 42808 ID: 43d730

>>42793
Sorry.
=(
>>
No. 42820 ID: e55c57

...The key is the Mannikin, isn't it.
>>
No. 42848 ID: 12bd87
File 12527408998.gif - (7.57KB , 800x600 , 419.gif )
42848

The deed is done!

The Commander gets back to her feet.

I... don't really know what that accomplished!
>>
No. 42849 ID: 476456

"My bad!"
>>
No. 42850 ID: f4963f

>>42848
... well what're you waiting for, Boss? Backstab!
>>
No. 42851 ID: cfc698

>>42848
Maybe she's modest - now she'll have at least one hand occupied?
>>
No. 42852 ID: 06fc25

"Nice pair, kid."

Assume a defensive stance.
>>
No. 42853 ID: c73b9f

>>42848
If there's a rape mana, you're getting a lot of it, Muschio.
>>
No. 42857 ID: 12bd87
File 125274189531.gif - (8.26KB , 800x600 , 420.gif )
42857

She turns around and approaches me, but her posture seems non-threatening.

For the first time, she speaks.
>"You... you saved me.
>But... how did you know she was using that device to control me?"
>>
No. 42859 ID: f4963f

>>42857
...

It was a natural deduction, of course.
>>
No. 42861 ID: c80cec

"I am wise in many things."
>>
No. 42862 ID: 7eda8b

>>42857
Play it smooth!

"I felt an offensiveness... a wrongness emanating from the artifact, and let my intuition guide my blade."
>>
No. 42863 ID: 95484a

"I am Muschio Malto, madam. It is my business to know these things."
>>
No. 42864 ID: 12bd87
File 125274247413.gif - (6.90KB , 800x600 , 421.gif )
42864

"Commander Salamander. My name is Muschio Malto, and in my line of work, you must know these things. I simply looked upon what you were wearing and something inside me screamed that it did not belong there. That it had to come off."

>"Wow. It must be like a sixth sense.
>...Thank you again for freeing me from that horrible, mind-controlling artifact."

"I do what I can."
>>
No. 42869 ID: 7eda8b

Say "Mabel Syrup did this! We should get ahold of her before she can escape!"

Then do so.
>>
No. 42870 ID: 276781

>>42864
She seems to be a fairly competent fighter, unless that was the mind control. Ask if she'll help us get the Odd Mannikin from Syrup - regardless of her answer, offer her a place living with us if she has nowhere else to go.

After all, you did cut her up a bit, boss; and if we can get the Odd Mannikin soon, we can easily build suitable living quarters for both her and Ash.
>>
No. 42871 ID: 9e2d3c

>>42869
Not to forget the Mannikin.
>>
No. 42872 ID: e8d8be

MOAR RECRUITS! And see if she knows anything about the Mannikin.
>>
No. 42873 ID: 632862

While we have the chance, how about we ask what the lower floors are like? Also ask if Ash has the wing strength to fly us down from her floor; that could let us avoid the rooms altogether if they're too dangerous.
>>
No. 42877 ID: db0334

Do we have enough rooms for Coriander and Ash, though?

At any rate, see how Ash is doing before we head up.
>>
No. 42879 ID: 12bd87
File 125274490722.gif - (11.73KB , 800x600 , 422.gif )
42879

"Mabel Syrup did this to you. It's time we got her back."
>"I hear you on that one. I'm gonna put the hurt on that woman for putting her grubby fingers in my head."

Ash is all right, but she's a little woozy. She won't be accompanying us to the top.

Together, the Commander and I burst into the lowest level of the tower. I quickly realize why Mabel was surprised I'd reached the top unscathed.
>>
No. 42880 ID: 6faa8c

>>42879
Time to pull a Those Who Hunt Elves: RIP OFF ALL THEIR TOPS, COMMANDER
>>
No. 42881 ID: 7eda8b

Crazy lesbian author mumblegrumble.

Have the COMMANDer COMMAND them to stand aside.
>>
No. 42883 ID: 276781

>>42880
But Cori might be able to bluff her way past them for us. After all, as far as they know she's still their commander.

So... wait and see what happens?
>>
No. 42884 ID: bffa2a

>>42879

What in the hell is going on in this tower... Syrup has some 'splainin to do.

Well if everything seems to go badly just tell them you offer better pay and you won't harass them like Syrup... you think.
>>
No. 42890 ID: 12bd87
File 125274653977.gif - (10.72KB , 800x600 , 423.gif )
42890

The guards seem hostile. They also seem well-trained.
...well, not that well-trained, if they didn't think to grab their weapons while there was obviously a fight going on just outside the front door.

As they move for their weapons, the Commander bolts through the crowd like a phantom, and with a great shredding of fabric, she rends clothing apart and disrobes the guards well past the point of decency.
>>
No. 42892 ID: f8cedc

>>42890
Are there any containers suitable for liquids around? I hear Minotaur malk has some quite unique properties.
>>
No. 42893 ID: 276781

>>42890
Oh dear. Now we're obligated to recrui- I mean, help them.
>>
No. 42896 ID: 2dd482

Okay, what kind of childrens book author keeps a bunch of highly trained, well endowed female guards around and orders them with mind controlling leather belts for tops?

.. come to think of it, every sort of 'guard' we've encountered thus far has been female.
>>
No. 42897 ID: 12bd87
File 125274765397.gif - (9.58KB , 800x600 , 424.gif )
42897

The Commander hardly hesitates and proceeds straight up the ladder. The guards seem very changed, strangely confused, and more than a little bit embarrassed. At any rate, they don't seem to have any interest in pursuing us.

I scramble further up the series of ladders to try and catch up with the Commander, but she's on the warpath now. Her actions are strong and deliberate, fueled by thoughts of revenge.

As we pass through the room where I met Ash, I briefly make note that the smell of smoke still lingers, though it also masks any other smells that may have remained in the air.
>>
No. 42898 ID: 8b14a1

>>42897
Convenient.

Now hurry along boss, I wanna watch this.
>>
No. 42899 ID: 307395

>>42890
Look out for the mutated trunk the commander apparently just grew.
Those are tricky.
>>
No. 42901 ID: cd08c0

>>42897
Wave to the Rabbitguard as you pass her. Say hi!
Then continue on.
>>
No. 42903 ID: 276781

>>42896
Olber obviously made himself female.

As a perverted old man, he recruits only women and controls them with mind-control bras. It makes perfect sense.

tl;dr: Syrup is a man wearing a Belt of Reverse Gender.
>>
No. 42905 ID: 12bd87
File 125274810089.gif - (8.21KB , 800x600 , 425.gif )
42905

Hm.
That other woman with the checkered cap isn't here anymore. I wonder where she could have gone.
The censer is extinguished, too.
>>
No. 42906 ID: 6faa8c

>>42901
!

Rabbit gaurd had no bra.
>>
No. 42907 ID: f78140

>>42905
try the key on the safe.
>>
No. 42908 ID: f8cedc

>>42905
Use KEY on SAFE.
>>
No. 42909 ID: 6faa8c

>>42905
Check to see if safe opens, if not, move on.
>>
No. 42910 ID: 12bd87
File 125274895060.gif - (14.42KB , 800x600 , 426.gif )
42910

...how strange.
Mabel's office is empty.

I wonder where Commander Salamander went.
>>
No. 42911 ID: c80cec

>>42910
Ermm.. Up?
>>
No. 42912 ID: 12bd87
File 125274914030.gif - (14.38KB , 800x600 , 427.gif )
42912

Oh, you're right, the chest! I was in such a hurry I forgot to try it.

I'll just head back down to-

>"Why'd you do it, goddammit?! You answer me or I swear to God...!"
>"The same reason anyone does anything, Cori. Money. Power. With the arcana it was child's play to rig up controlling device that filtered through soft tissue. Affecting natural brain chemistry to be subservient to certain tones. But they were given to conflict with certain hormones."
>>
No. 42913 ID: a3b36a

>>42912
I suppose the chest will still be there when this is all over. Should we go up and watch the chicks fight for cheap thrills? Perhaps lend a hand as needed?
>>
No. 42914 ID: 476456

Go up and get ready to burst in.
>>
No. 42915 ID: 58f84b

>>42913
Go watch.


And an idea for the future: If we're going to recruit female assistants, how about we fracture the orb in a controlled manner and embed each servant with a shard?
>>
No. 42916 ID: f8cedc

>>42912
Don't get all heroic now. Take a small peek through the floor hatch before bursting in.
>>
No. 42917 ID: 12bd87
File 125274955313.gif - (14.38KB , 800x600 , 428.gif )
42917

If you think it's wise, then sure, I'll go lend the Commander a hand. But I don't see what's to be gained by just watching them fight.

>"Hormones? Is THAT why you chose only women? Because it worked better on us?"
>"No, my dear, sweet Cori. It's because -- arcana or no -- you're simply easier to control. Everyone knows women are the weaker gender."
>>
No. 42918 ID: 476456

WHOA. you have to admit this will at least be entertaining to watch muschie~
>>
No. 42919 ID: 12bd87
File 125274976133.gif - (14.58KB , 800x600 , 429.gif )
42919

Things sound like they're getting heated up there... You're right! I need to go up and see what's happening.
Because -- you know -- Cori might need my help.
I mean, the Commander.

...actually, it's pretty quiet all of a sudden.
>>
No. 42921 ID: 276781

>>42919
That's not a good sign, boss. Better check what's going on.
>>
No. 42923 ID: 12bd87
File 125275057221.gif - (15.74KB , 800x600 , 430.gif )
42923

>>42921
I know.
I'd better hurry up to th--


...oh.
>>
No. 42924 ID: f8cedc

>>42923
Who's 'dat?
>>
No. 42925 ID: 9e9b47

>>42924

Looks like the boss lady
>>
No. 42926 ID: cd08c0

>>42923
... um. She'll be fine, right? I mean, she jumped down before with no problems. Right?
... she'll be fine.
>>
No. 42927 ID: c80cec

Well...
I suppose that's that. We can start rummaging through Syrup's things now.
>>
No. 42928 ID: a3b36a

Ms. Salamander has apparently handled that quite nicely. With Miss Syrup disposed of, looting can continue. With or without minions included in things looted.
>>
No. 42929 ID: 276781

>>42923
Uh, boss, was that Coriander or Syrup?
If it was Syrup, that's fine, though you might need to calm Cori down a bit.
...If it was Cori, she's going to need some medical assistance, and fast.
>>
No. 42930 ID: 12bd87
File 125275143564.gif - (16.86KB , 800x600 , 431.gif )
42930

That was most certainly Mabel Syrup I saw falling past. The Commander returns from the roof and tells me to go to the entrance, so I oblige her.

The rooms are all empty as I pass. I can't find the Odd, which is strange. The women, likewise, have all left in a hurry. Scraps of their clothing remain.

When we reach Miss Syrup, it becomes clear she's beyond saving.
>>
No. 42932 ID: cd08c0

>>42930
... TIME FOR LOOTING.
>>
No. 42933 ID: c80cec

>>42930
Complement her on her efficient work.
>>
No. 42934 ID: f8cedc

>>42930
We'll give her a proper burial. Right after we LOOT AND PLUNDER.
>>
No. 42935 ID: 8b14a1

>>42930
Well then.

Thank Ms. Coriander for her help, and ask her if she knows where the Odds manikin is. Since you did free her and all, she'll probably be grateful enough to hand it over without complaint.

...Probably.
>>
No. 42936 ID: 276781

>>42930
That's good, then.
Congratulate Coriander on a job well done. Maybe toss in a comment about how pleased she must be to be rid of the bitch Syrup was.

Seconding anything related to finding the Mannikin.
>>
No. 42937 ID: 12bd87
File 125275208688.gif - (18.58KB , 800x600 , 432.gif )
42937

The Commander moves forward to inspect the body... and removes its wig!

The black, hollow eyes and the scars around the throat are unmistakable! In a surprise twist, it looks like Mabel Syrup was, in reality, the dark sorcerer Olber, the first occupant of this tower! Could it be that he's been here all along? That the stories of this place repeatedly changing hands was merely a front to keep people off his demonic scent? Hiding in plain sight all these decades?

...I totally called that, though! Didn't I? I could swear I did.
I know somewhere in my head I thought "it's really Olber".
NAILED that one.
>>
No. 42938 ID: 476456

Burn the body just to be sure.
>>
No. 42939 ID: a3b36a

>>42934
Tislomer's the dude in charge of farming, right? I bet some plants might grow better with a body for fertilizer.
>>
No. 42940 ID: 276781

>>42937
You're totally the greatest, boss! Your insight and wit knows no bounds!
>>
No. 42952 ID: 12bd87
File 125275363276.gif - (10.99KB , 800x600 , 433.gif )
42952

For the next hour, Ash, the Commander and I sort out things at the tower. There's some cleaning of blood, some tossing of the late Olber on a hastily-constructed pyre, and some demanding of Mannikins, by me.
Ash still wants to come with me, and I still want to bring her under my employ, so we'll be leaving together. But the Commander decides to stay and set up her own command in this tower. In light of our cooperation and my agency in liberating Coriander and the others, the Commander and I form an alliance, between the Vault and the newly-named Salamander Tower. She says I will always have her thanks, and her support should anything arise that needs to be taken care of.
She plans to form a militia here. I suppose she must be good at that.

Before I head out, Commander Coriander Salamander presents me with what I came for in the first place: Not one, but THREE Mannikins in the form of Odds.

With that, my saga here at the Tower is finally concluded.
And it's time to go home.

>MANNIKINS ACQUIRED: ODD (3)
>ALLIANCE CREATED!
>>
No. 42954 ID: 9e9b47

>>42952

Hell yeah let's head home then.
>>
No. 42955 ID: f8cedc

>>42952
Yeah about that. Ask if you can ride Ash like a mechan- err, ride on her back while she flies you above the carp infested waters.
>>
No. 42957 ID: c80cec

Fuck yeah, I'd say you should do a victory dance, but there are people watching.
>>
No. 42958 ID: 12bd87
File 125275389086.gif - (13.01KB , 800x600 , 434.gif )
42958

This was a successful outing.

I think, for once, things are finally going my way.
>>
No. 42959 ID: 12bd87
File 125275397024.gif - (5.66KB , 800x600 , 435.gif )
42959

...FUCK.
>>
No. 42963 ID: 12bd87
File 125275427737.gif - (5.06KB , 800x600 , 436.gif )
42963

>>
No. 42964 ID: a3b36a

Have fun with those fishies, Muschio.
>>
No. 43047 ID: 34d3ad

What happened to the babe with the checkered cap?
>>
No. 43052 ID: f21281

>>"The same reason anyone does anything, Cori. Money. Power. With the arcana it was child's play to rig up controlling device that filtered through soft tissue. Affecting natural brain chemistry to be subservient to certain tones. But they were given to conflict with certain hormones."
>given to conflict with certain hormones

Smoke made the bunnygirl randy, had removed mind-control top to get bizzay, was no longer MC'd. Probably ran away after being intruded on by Muschio.
>>
No. 43053 ID: 64d98f

>>43047
She disappeared, like all the rest of the guards.
>>
No. 43089 ID: 1689ab

Wait... so we didn't use the key at all? Odd...
>>
No. 43119 ID: 8b14a1
File 125278652267.png - (22.90KB , 600x400 , Odd.png )
43119

>>43089
>>
No. 43140 ID: 632862

I have a funny feeling Muschio was using it to open the trap doors.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password