[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 335974)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 131238633739.jpg - (213.43KB , 756x540 , WA3page1.jpg )
335974 No. 335974 ID: e1c562

awareness begins to flood back to you . . .
Expand all images
>>
No. 335976 ID: e1c562
File 131238638610.jpg - (122.17KB , 756x540 , WA3page2.jpg )
335976

You are TOADSPHERE
you are immune to all magic
you are immune to all damage
you are an instructor and tutor for young wizards.
you caste all your spell through these apprentices
your life is linked to your apprentices, if your last apprentice dies you die with it.

who are your apprentices?

1:Race:________
gender:________
personality:________
known spell:________
2:Race:________
gender:________
personality:________
known spell:________
3:Race:________
gender:________
personality:________
known spell:________
4:Race:________
gender:________
personality:________
known spell:________
5:Race:________
gender:________
personality:________
known spell:________
6:Race:________
gender:________
personality:________
known spell:________
>>
No. 335980 ID: 185cff

Race: Human
Gender: Male
Personality: Calculating, Miserly.
Known Spell: Mana transfer: the ability to give and take mana from others. Much more difficult and inefficient with unwilling targets. Most normal people have very, very little mana capable of being taken. Even with willing subjects, some mana is lost during transfers.
>>
No. 335982 ID: c2c011

>>335976
Race: Dwarf.
Gender: Male.
Personality: GOLD! He's a greedy little fucker after all of that delicious gold.
Known Spell: Transformation, they're temporary transformations, might last a few hours or so. Can transform both himself and others.
>>
No. 335983 ID: 830e2a

Race : Orc
gender : Male
personality : Knows when the battle is over, realistic personality
known spell : Shocking Grasp: touch delivers electricity damage
>>
No. 335984 ID: cd63e9

Race: Human
Gender: Male
Personality: kind, ruthless. nice guy, but if he had to kill one man to save two he would not hesitate.
Known Spell: magnokinesis anything more complex than repelling or attracting metal, or magnifying something magnetic burns up mana rapidly.
>>
No. 335986 ID: 980ade

>>335976
Race: Human
gender: Female
personality:Stupid bitch
known spell:Charm
>>
No. 336075 ID: 7aedd2

Race: Elf
Gender: Female
Personality: Bitter, distant
Known Spell: Freezing Ray, able to shoot a beam that reduces thermal energy with commendable accuracy
>>
No. 336120 ID: 4721eb

aww, crap. I'm too late.
>>
No. 336125 ID: 46c430

>>336120
What? Nah, those are just the first six, I'm sure you can post more. He'll pick the most fitting out of 'em all.
>>
No. 336127 ID: adb0e9

Race: Gnoll
Gender: Male
Personality: Gruff, weary, doesn't say much, not easily surprised.
Known spell: Good old fashioned fireball
>>
No. 336137 ID: eba49f

Race: Human
Gender: Male
Personality: Quiet, Unassertive
Known Spell: Summon Bigger Fish Minor Clay Golem
>>
No. 337341 ID: e1c562
File 131267405613.jpg - (265.26KB , 756x540 , WA3page3.jpg )
337341

your memory of your current apprentices begins to return to you . . . well you at least HOPE these are memories of your current ones, you've gone through so many . . .

(1)Name:?????
Race/Gender: Human/Male
Personality: Calculating, Miserly.
Known Spell: Mana transfer

(2)Name:?????
Race/Gender: Dwarf/Male
Personality:Gold fever, greedy
Known Spell: disguise

(3)Name:?????
Race/Gender: Human/Male
Personality: kind yet ruthless
Known Spell: magnokinesis

(4)Name:?????
Race/Gender: Human/Female
personality:Whiny, bitchy
known spell:Charm

(5)Name:?????
Race/Gender: Elf/Female
Personality: Bitter, distant
Known Spell: Freezing Ray

(6)Name: ?????
Race/Gender: Human/Male
Personality: Quiet, Unassertive
Known Spell: Summon Familiar

now if only you could remember their names . . .
>>
No. 337348 ID: 7aedd2

1. Viggo Delkaiden
2. Proctor Gunthor
3. David Irons
4. Ingrid Soom
5. Mehra Celtine
6. Vitrix Magistrix
>>
No. 337352 ID: e3f578

>>337341
uhhh
I can think
4. Heather Rutherford
6. Dan Wilcock
>>
No. 337354 ID: c2c011

>>337341
1: Aldeloin Grimmich.
2: Goldfist McGoldson.
3: Victor Eisenfaust.
4: Sabbitha Trellewyn (Also known as that whiny bitch).
5: Lady Aeilyn.
6: David Mesfan.
>>
No. 337364 ID: 0d7a83

1.John Johnly Johnson
2.Blingus Murdock
3.Edud Latot
4.Miril McSneeves
5.Leaf Daintus
6.Edward Kullen
>>
No. 337482 ID: 7ef948

1. David
2. Arfa
4. Priti
6. Hilbert
>>
No. 337812 ID: e1c562
File 131275873682.jpg - (173.61KB , 756x540 , WA3page4.jpg )
337812

you remember the names of your apprentices as such

1: Viggo
2: Goldfist
3: Edud
4: Sabbitha
5: Mehra
6: David

More importantly you awaken
and remember where you are . . .

trapped in THE LABYRINTH OF JUDGEMENT!
>>
No. 337814 ID: c2c011

>>337812
That sounds like a really lousy place to be in, have David summon a familiar to use as a scout and then proceed to follow the most leftmost path. Oh, and have Edud try to sense any metal based traps with his magnokinesis and disable them using that as well.
>>
No. 337815 ID: 00d3d5

>>337812
Oh, hey, Solstice!
>>
No. 337817 ID: 7aedd2

Apprentices: FIGHT EACH OTHER FOR SOLE CONTROL OVER THE TOADSPHERE. Or examine respective inventories and make sure David has his familiar out, and peek into adjoining rooms.
>>
No. 337832 ID: 3416ec

Examine the current room and its objects. Give the students a pop quiz as to how to escape.
>>
No. 337860 ID: eba49f

Which sort of familiar spell does he have? Is it intelligent? Can it be re-summoned if it dies?
>>
No. 337960 ID: 2b7ddd

orgy tiem
>>
No. 338078 ID: e1c562
File 131281893410.jpg - (244.17KB , 756x540 , WA3page5.jpg )
338078

You order David to summon his familiar

David: "Yes master Toadsphere"

you see David summon his familiar
it is a small imp like earth elemental made from clay
it is semi intelligent
if it dies part of David dies with it
it can be resummoned but it will take more of the apprentice's life energy

>>337832
you don't know the answer to this pop quiz. as your apprentices clearly lack your brilliance it is unlikely they will eiher

You sense that your apprentices are carrying nothing but four articles of clothing each
>>
No. 338079 ID: c2c011

>>338078
Lets get started on the exploring and escaping then, starting with the doorway that David is standing near.
>>
No. 338198 ID: e1c562
File 131286333558.jpg - (166.28KB , 756x540 , WA3page6.jpg )
338198

you order David to have his familiar explore to the northwest

David: "Yes master Toadsphere"

you watch the familiar explore
>>
No. 338215 ID: 7aedd2

All right, send the dwarf in to search more thoroughly while the familiar peeks into another room. Also, do the apprentices know how they got there?
>>
No. 338240 ID: c2c011

>>338198
Ok, doesn't look too bad so far, lets send in Edud next to scout for metal based traps.
>>
No. 338749 ID: e1c562
File 131300878236.jpg - (172.69KB , 756x540 , WA3page7.jpg )
338749

You order Goldfist and Edud to search the room to the northwest

Goldfist: "Right-o"
Edud: "of course master Toadsphere"

You order David to have his Familiar explore further

David: "yes master Toadsphere, what direction would you like for him to explore?"

You believe your apprentices are fully aware of how they got here, just as much as you are aware yourself.

Mehra: "Master Toadsphere to you intend to inform us of your escape plan at some point? or are we too far beneath you to be worthy of such privileged information?"
>>
No. 338758 ID: c2c011

>>338749
Send the whiney bitch to scout out the northeastern path. Hopefully someone will find something useful.
>>
No. 338852 ID: c04c0d

This is a magic lesson. If they cant make the best use of there abilities under stressful conditions they will never make good wizards.
>>
No. 339133 ID: e1c562
File 131311638582.jpg - (173.21KB , 756x540 , WA3page8.jpg )
339133

You order Sabbitha to explore to the north east

Sabbitha: *sigh* "alright Master Toadsphere . . ."

You choose to answer apprentice Mehra's question

"This is a magic lesson. If you can't make the best use of your abilities under stressful conditions you will never make good wizards."

* * *

Sabbitha: "ugh, there's nothing here just an empty hall and stuff. can I come back? this place smells bad."

Your Arcane sight can see much that your foolish apprentice does not
>>
No. 339168 ID: 252e1b

>>339133

"Magic is about using all your senses, Sabbitha. You say it stinks. Think about what it smells like. Decay, and rot, isn't it? What does that tell you?"
>>
No. 339200 ID: 185cff

>>339133
Note: Edud has expended Mana in the other chamber. Attention is warranted.
>>
No. 339412 ID: c2c011

>>339133
Tell her that Mehre and Victor will come to back her up. Freeze ray and then smash!
>>
No. 340267 ID: e1c562
File 131342545067.jpg - (168.98KB , 756x540 , WA3page9.jpg )
340267

"Magic is about using all your senses, Sabbitha. You say it stinks. Think about what it smells like. Decay, and rot, isn't it? What does that tell you?"

Sabbitha: *gasp* "the walking dead! but master you promised that the witch hunter was insane!"

"Mehra and Viggo will be there shortly to provide back up"

Mehra: "If you insist"

Viggo: "by your will Master Toadsphere"

You shift your attention to your apprentices Edud and Goldfist

Edud: "Master Toadsphere, my magnokinesishas had no effect within the room, there must be no metal here"

Goldfist:"aye, and likely nothing else of worth either I'll bet, I've tried to climb the ramp but it's far too steep
>>
No. 340276 ID: c2c011

>>340267
Looks like a place that demands cooperation and stuff. Ask Edud to give Goldfist a boost up to the next level, then he should be able to grab Edud's hand and help him get up there and they can repeat it to reach the final one.
>>
No. 340826 ID: e1c562
File 131356099507.jpg - (168.86KB , 756x540 , WA3page10.jpg )
340826

you give careful instructions to your apprentices, and are thus able to climb the ramp

Goldfist: "looks like there's a table and stool up here, nothing else interesting though"
>>
No. 340827 ID: 6a5a08

>>340826
Flip Table
Get Stool
>>
No. 340847 ID: 252e1b

>>340826

Search the table and stool. If nothing useful is found, flip the table upside down and ride it down like a sled because yee-haw.
>>
No. 340848 ID: c2c011

>>340826
Examine that shit closer, even break it if you have to.
>>
No. 341890 ID: 2a3b28

>>340826
Examine them closer, check for hollow spaces in the legs or body.
>>
No. 341966 ID: e1c562
File 131388316079.jpg - (256.02KB , 756x540 , WA3page11.jpg )
341966

you order your apprentice to flip the table upside down and ride it down like a sled

Edud: "of course master Toadsphere"

you watch as he does so
>>
No. 341974 ID: c2c011

>>341966
Give Edud praise for his awesome move and pose.
>>
No. 341976 ID: 6a5a08

Edud: Crash into wall and learn valuable lesson about childish antics and their place in dungeons.
>>
No. 341985 ID: 252e1b

>>341966

"Excellent pose Edud, but brace for impact."
>>
No. 342218 ID: e1c562
File 131399328462.jpg - (170.25KB , 756x540 , WA3page12.jpg )
342218

You warn your apprentice of the quickly approaching wall

your words appear to have spurred him into action

you watch as your apprentice dives from the table at the last possible moment
>>
No. 342496 ID: 252e1b

>>342218

Goldfist, ride that stool down in a similar fashion. Edud, don't get hit by Goldfist.

Then both of you search the wreckage.
>>
No. 343759 ID: e1c562
File 131464720438.jpg - (170.81KB , 756x540 , WA3page13.jpg )
343759

"Goldfist, ride that stool down in a similar fashion. Edud, don't get hit by Goldfist.
Then both of you search the wreckage."

Goldfist: "Right-o"
Edud: "of course master Toadsphere"

you watch as they carry out your orders

Edud: "Master Toadsphere the tables have been successfully destroyed and searched!"
>>
No. 343766 ID: c71597

>>343759
Good, now arm yourselves with broken pieces of wood. Now lets check back to Sabbitha and see how they're progressing.
>>
No. 350052 ID: e1c562
File 131636748768.jpg - (176.86KB , 756x540 , WA3page14.jpg )
350052

"Good, now arm yourselves with broken pieces of wood."

Goldfist and Edud obey your command

you then choose to check on Sabbitha and the other three apprentices

Viggo: "after much assessment we all agree that there must indeed be a number of undead around the corner. Would the casting of a census spell be the right course of action Master Toadsphere?"

you choose to recollect the Census spell; the census spell will give the exact number and type of creatures within the immediate area
>>
No. 350987 ID: 252e1b

>>350052

"Balance your anticipated needs against your current resources. All you know at present is you're facing an unknown number of undead, and that you have an unknown number of challenges in the labyrinth remaining.

"Take stock of your resources. You have a limited supply of mana, your minds, your robes, and some spells. Goldfist and Edud have some table legs now.

"You also have my information gathering abilities. If you did not have access to me, your chosen course of action to use the Census spell would unquestionably be correct. As it is, you have a choice.

"Census will give you exact information. I will give you what I can tell, and I may not be completely correct because of the limitations of my senses at these ranges. The spell costs mana. My sensing abilities are at your disposal if you politely request them.

"Since part of this exercise is to help you learn how to make judgement calls in the field, the choice is yours. Accuracy for mana, or more general intelligence for free?"
>>
No. 350990 ID: c71597

>>350052
Yeah sure, could be good to know more about the enemies.
>>
No. 351872 ID: e1c562
File 131684259006.jpg - (177.49KB , 756x540 , WA3page15.jpg )
351872

"Balance your anticipated needs against your current resources. All you know at present is you're facing an unknown number of undead, and that you have an unknown number of challenges in the labyrinth remaining.

"Take stock of your resources. You have a limited supply of mana, your minds, your robes, and some spells. Goldfist and Edud have some table legs now.

"You also have my information gathering abilities. If you did not have access to me, your chosen course of action to use the Census spell would unquestionably be correct. As it is, you have a choice.

Viggo: "ah! forgive me master I forgot to consider your arcane sight."

"Census will give you exact information. I will give you what I can tell, and I may not be completely correct because of the limitations of my senses at these ranges. The spell costs mana. My sensing abilities are at your disposal if you politely request them.

"Since part of this exercise is to help you learn how to make judgement calls in the field, the choice is yours. Accuracy for mana, or more general intelligence for free?"

Mehra: "master Toadsphere what is it you can see?"

Viggo: "if conserving mana is the goal then to avoid the undead entirely and take another path is the correct plan, am I right master?"
>>
No. 351899 ID: 252e1b

>>351872

"Conserving mana is an important consideration, but it isn't the goal. The goal is to complete the labyrinth alive. Your minds and mana are currently your most potent tools for this. Use them wisely.

"Mehra, I see three undead, all alike, wrapped in white. They may be mummies, though my arcane sight makes it hard to be sure. Two stand guard to the immediate left, and a third lurks in the room behind them.

"The room is a mess, though I spy something that looks like a chest, and possibly an axe near the shelves in the room.

"It is worth mentioning that there is an exit from this area on the right side of the hall, opposite the undead.

"If the undead are indeed mummies, they will burn easily.

"In any case, Viggo's strategy is the correct one. We have no pressing need to pursue this room. A proper weapon may be useful, but a straight fight against undead is not something we should seek at the moment. Rejoin us."

While they're returning have David's familiar scout the south west.
>>
No. 356824 ID: e1c562
File 131810977860.jpg - (163.56KB , 756x540 , WA3page16.jpg )
356824

"Conserving mana is an important consideration, but it isn't the goal. The goal is to complete the labyrinth alive. Your minds and mana are currently your most potent tools for this. Use them wisely.

Viggo: " But I . . . Yes Master Toadsphere again I mus ask for forgiveness"


"Mehra, I see three undead, all alike, wrapped in white. They may be mummies, though my arcane sight makes it hard to be sure. Two stand guard to the immediate left, and a third lurks in the room behind them.

Mehra: "mummies . . . what are they guarding?"

"The room is a mess, though I spy something that looks like a chest, and possibly an axe near the shelves in the room.
"It is worth mentioning that there is an exit from this area on the right side of the hall, opposite the undead.
"If the undead are indeed mummies, they will burn easily.
"In any case, Viggo's strategy is the correct one. We have no pressing need to pursue this room. A proper weapon may be useful, but a straight fight against undead is not something we should seek at the moment. Rejoin us."

Mehra: "If you insist, we shall return."

You order David to have his familiar scout to the south west
he obeys

you watch the familiar explore.
>>
No. 358910 ID: f72f26
File 131886143197.jpg - (176.50KB , 756x540 , WA3page17.jpg )
358910

You choose to remain silent

Sabbitha: "what do we do now?!"

Mehra: "clearly Master Toadsphere intends for us to solve some problems ourselves"

Viggo: "Indeed, let us continue exploring our surroundings"

Edud: "I will explore to the south east, I am not afraid"
>>
No. 358972 ID: 252e1b

>>358910

"Take back-up with you Edud. Your specialty is versatile, and you have shown yourself willing to take the lead. Who do you want? Viggio is a good choice for synergy with you both for his powers and his keen mind, but Goldfist, David, and Sabbitha all offer specialties which are supplementary to yours in non-combat situations. Mehra's specialty is complimentary to yours in combat; in fact if you pick her, let her lead in a fight.

"For what it is worth, I will provide advice as you proceed into the room."
>>
No. 362280 ID: f72f26
File 131998486677.png - (158.49KB , 756x540 , WA3page18.png )
362280

"Take back-up with you Edud. Your specialty is versatile, and you have shown yourself willing to take the lead. Who do you want? Viggio is a good choice for synergy with you both for his powers and his keen mind, but Goldfist, David, and Sabbitha all offer specialties which are supplementary to yours in non-combat situations. Mehra's specialty is complimentary to yours in combat; in fact if you pick her, let her lead in a fight."

Edud: "of course master Toadsphere.
Mehra I choose you!"

"For what it is worth, I will provide advice as you proceed into the room."

you watch as they enter the room

Edud: "looks like the rooms empty"
>>
No. 362297 ID: d49627

>>362280
I see webs. Check the ceiling.
Ceeeeilings...
>>
No. 363864 ID: f72f26
File 132054258346.png - (222.66KB , 756x540 , WA3page19.png )
363864

youo rder Mehra to check the ceiling, she does so.
your apprentice has spotted a giant spider.

Mehra: "that's not good."
>>
No. 363865 ID: 6a5a08

>>363864
Cast Freeze Ray on Spider.
>>
No. 364620 ID: f72f26
File 132081207927.png - (160.76KB , 756x540 , WA3page20.png )
364620

You give your order
Mehra castes her freezing ray spell.
The spider seems to reel in pain at the blow.

The spider retaliates with a web attack.
Edud dodges
Mehra fails to dodge and is stuck

Mehra: "Ick! get this filth off me!"
>>
No. 364627 ID: b6edd6

Mehra should use another freeze ray if the spider does not flee, and Edud should prepare to defend her with his table leg if the spider charges.
>>
No. 365062 ID: f72f26
File 132103989551.png - (160.07KB , 756x540 , WA3page21.png )
365062

you give out further commands.

Edud fends off the spider whiles Mehra prepares another spell.

with a second freezing ray the spider is frozen solid.

Mehra: "there now get this horrible stuff off me!"
>>
No. 365066 ID: b6edd6

We should smash it just to be sure, then free her from the webs.
>>
No. 365151 ID: f72f26
File 132107300226.png - (160.38KB , 756x540 , WA3page22.png )
365151

you watch as Edud smashes the frozen spider into chunks and then his futile attempts to free Mehra from the webs.

Edud: "forgive me master I can't do it, the webs are too sticky! If only I had a sharp knife or could think of the right spell."
>>
No. 365159 ID: 453e62

hmmm, perhaps a simple utility spell could work. just make a small flame upon your finger and burn the webs, test it on a different web first.
>>
No. 365171 ID: 6a5a08

Edud: Work on sharpening the wooden table leg on the door frame.

Goldfist: Can you disguise as one of the undead?
>>
No. 365197 ID: 252e1b

>>365159

Don't try fire yet, those robes aren't fire resistant are they?

If Mehra weren't the one stuck in the webs, she could freeze them and you could break them.

Actually, it's just her robe that's stuck, isn't it? Mehra, get out of the robe and freeze the webs. Then Edud can break them and you can dress again.
>>
No. 365231 ID: f72f26
File 132111900979.png - (160.80KB , 756x540 , WA3page23.png )
365231

you are well aware that the robes provided to your apprentices provide no resistances of any sort.
not wanting to waste time on trivial matters, you provide the solution to your apprentices.

"Mehra, get out of the robe and freeze the webs. Edud can then break the web strands off"

Mehra: " . . . of course."

with her elven agility Mehra easily slips out of the robe, then castes her spell to freeze the web.

Edud with a critical strike from his table club shatters the web and robe.

Edud: "hey, I'm getting pretty good at this!"

Mehra: . . .

with the dilemma solved you turn your attention to more pressing matters: testing your apprentices knowledge of spells.

"Goldfist, time for a test: Can your disguise spell disguise you to one of the undead?"

Goldfist: "Yes!"

"but . . ."

Goldfist: "Oh right! disguise can but you have to choose the right type of trait to disguise!"

"and which trait would be the right one?"

Goldfist: "errrr yer heart beat?"

"close, your heat signal AND your heart beat."
>>
No. 365371 ID: f72f26
File 132116120275.png - (159.13KB , 756x540 , WA3page24.png )
365371

Goldfist: "oh HO! I got the plan say no more Master Toadsphere!"

Golfist uses his disguise spell to change the perception of his body heat and heartbeat then travels northeast.
>>
No. 365379 ID: b6edd6

Make sure he has someone with a combat spell nearby for backup in case he is discovered.
>>
No. 365494 ID: f72f26
File 132123640709.png - (160.27KB , 756x540 , WA3page25.png )
365494

Well aware that Mehra's ice magic will be of little use against undead, you instead send Viggo to assist Goldfist.

Goldfist: *sniff, sniff* "GOLD I knew it! so that's what these undead bastards are here to guard!"
>>
No. 365524 ID: 252e1b

>>365494

Gold is great, but do you have anything you could carry it in?
>>
No. 366002 ID: f72f26
File 132142107911.png - (162.20KB , 756x540 , WA3page26.png )
366002

You take note of Goldfist's two remaining inventory slots and figure he should have enough space to carry some gold.

Goldfist slips past the skeletons and enters the room, you observe as he completely ignores the strange bug creature operating some sort of loom.

As Goldfist approaches the chest his natural smile widens. so absorbed by thoughts of it's possible contents he doesn't when the nearby monster stops its weaving.
>>
No. 366010 ID: 252e1b

>>366002

Goldfist beware, the weaver has noticed something is amiss with you. Tear your attention away from the treasure and look to the weaver. What is it? I can't identify it from here. If it is a threat you must tread lightly.

Be ready to run!
>>
No. 366053 ID: f72f26
File 132145686084.png - (261.12KB , 756x540 , WA3page27.png )
366053

Goldfist pries his attention away from the chest, and turns too the arachnid like abomination.

Goldfist: "aahh! it's horrible! . . . and not made of gold even!"

the creature is not immediately recognizable, if you have encountered this sort of monster before you have not encountered it often, nor recently.
>>
No. 366055 ID: 453e62

back away, if it commands the loyalty of these skeletons it must be a powerful foe.
>>
No. 366209 ID: f72f26
File 132150717357.png - (161.56KB , 756x540 , WA3page28.png )
366209

Goldfist backs away in terror
the monster gestures with one of it's many arms.
the skeleton guards enter the room and close in on Goldfist.
Goldfist is surrounded, there is no escape.

Goldfist:"Master! help me!"
>>
No. 366210 ID: 453e62

Viggo pop out and attack the one on the left. while it is off balence goldfist needs to bullrush past it, while they may feel no pain they are light without flesh. if it is destroyed then he can slip past the remainder in front of the door easy enough.
>>
No. 366414 ID: f72f26
File 132163171196.png - (162.79KB , 756x540 , WA3page29.png )
366414

you give your orders
Viggo hops out and destroys one of the skeletons with an arcane blast.
Goldfist manages to slip by unscathed.
>>
No. 366440 ID: 453e62

retreat and regroup.
>>
No. 366483 ID: 6a5a08

Abscond and regroup.
>>
No. 366506 ID: f72f26
File 132172434715.png - (166.52KB , 756x540 , WA3page30.png )
366506

you order your apprentices to fallback and regroup,
they do so.

Sabbitha: "Merha what happened to your robe? you know Master Toadsphere doesn't like it when we're out of uniform!"
>>
No. 366507 ID: 453e62

we know what happened to it, it's fine, will get a new one free of charge later. for now we need to take care of the skeletons and the part spider creature.
>>
No. 366885 ID: f72f26
File 132184277167.png - (165.40KB , 756x540 , WA3page31.png )
366885

you reassure Sabbitha, then rally your apprentices to fight the monsters.

Sabbitha offers to stay behind with your physical form

* * *

Edud is ambushed by two skeletons one of them lashes out striking him in the arm
>>
No. 367168 ID: f72f26
File 132194325313.png - (291.92KB , 756x540 , WA3page32.png )
367168

Edud retaliates with his table club, smashing the skeletons to pieces.

the spider being castes a monster upgrade spell.

a cleaver and apron appear on the only remaining skeleton, an intelligent malice now flickers in it's eyes.

it swings it's new weapon hitting Edud with a critical strike.
>>
No. 367169 ID: f72f26
File 132194341346.png - (268.38KB , 756x540 , WA3page33.png )
367169

before anyone else can act the Skeleton lunges again, delivering a decapitating head strike to Edud.

as your apprentice dies you feel your life force weaken.
>>
No. 367260 ID: 210977

>>367169

noooooooooooooooo!

avenge his death!
>>
No. 367262 ID: 22936a

Goldfist disguise as dragon
Sabbitha charm spider
Emokid go to room with broken furniture and acquire clubs for everyone
>>
No. 367492 ID: f72f26
File 132203372978.png - (157.30KB , 756x540 , WA3page34.png )
367492

David leaves in search of clubs
Sabbitha enters the room.
Mehra and Viggo destroy the upgraded skeleton with two arcane blasts.
Goldfist disguises himself as a dragon.

the last monster retreats back a few steps.
>>
No. 367601 ID: e3aff6

Ice blast it from a range. We don't want enemy casters lurking around who know of our presence.
>>
No. 368209 ID: 252e1b

>>367492

Viggo, move the mana from Edud's corpse and distribute it among yourself and the others.

His loss won't be in vain, and we won't waste what can be salvaged.
>>
No. 368420 ID: f72f26
File 132242136009.png - (274.93KB , 756x540 , WA3page35.png )
368420

Viggo begins manatransfering Edud's remaining energy to the rest of the apprentices.

Sabbitha and Mehra pursue the monster

Mehra cripples the beast with a critical strike from her icebeam.

Sabbitha charms the creature influencing it's will.
>>
No. 368506 ID: 252e1b

>>368420

Alright! You're all kicking ass. Subdue or kill the spider-thing, then search it, and its home.
>>
No. 369382 ID: f72f26
File 132287072115.png - (192.11KB , 756x540 , WA3page36.png )
369382

slowed from frost and confused from charm, Mehra has no trouble dispatching the fiend with a cleaver collected from the ground.

Viggo finishes the manatransfer.

Sabbitha checks the spider beast, it has nothing on it save for a single long piece of blue silk clothe, the room is filled with more clothe of the same type.

Mehra moves to the nearby chest and opens it.
Inside the chest are two gold coins a bottle containing a strange liquid and a pointed skewer of some sort.
>>
No. 369387 ID: b6edd6

The skewer would be a better weapon than nothing. The potion might come in handy (though it is best not to drink now), and you might as well take the gold with you.

Take the blue cloth from the spider-being, it can likely be used as rope.
>>
No. 369593 ID: f72f26
File 132296473675.png - (163.64KB , 756x540 , WA3page37.png )
369593

you Order your apprentices to collect the various items, they do so.
>>
No. 369604 ID: b6edd6

Everyone should take a weapon. If there is nothing left to find in the room, proceed through the door.
>>
No. 369621 ID: 252e1b

Someone try on that blue silk cloth. Let's see if it does anything magical.
>>
No. 369732 ID: f72f26
File 132302569389.png - (164.89KB , 756x540 , WA3page38.png )
369732

Mehra drapes herself in the silk cloth, it doesn't appear to have any effect.

three of your apprentices travel through the wooden door.

they find themselves in a room, there is a weapon rack on the left hand side of the room.
in the centre of the room is a bottles, a golden object glitters from inside
>>
No. 369733 ID: e79d6a

Examine the area around the bottle for traps. If it can be safely aquired...

...GET YE FLASK.
>>
No. 369740 ID: b6edd6

Ceiling again, then check the weapon rack.
>>
No. 369754 ID: 35bcde

>>369732
Exit the room, use a telekinesis spell to GET YE FLASK. That is sooooo a trap.
>>
No. 369852 ID: 20f620

That reeks of trap. It might be the kind of trap that draws unwanted attention, too - an alarm or something which'd be worse for us than just a "kill you" trap. See those spider symbols on the walls, and the webbing? Didn't we run into a spider-person enemy? Better not mess with this room unless we have to.
>>
No. 369874 ID: 0ef5d9

acquire real weapons sufficient to arm everyone long before investigating obvious trap.
>>
No. 369934 ID: f72f26
File 132306915859.png - (213.97KB , 756x540 , WA3page39.png )
369934

You warn your apprentices of this area likely being a trap.
they back out of the room.

the apprentices look to the ceiling there are no spiders.

you direct their attention to the weapons rack.
there appears to be a variety of different weapons on it, these would make ideal tools for fighting monsters.
you suggest for your apprentices to acquire them.
Viggo: "there's no way to get there Master Toadsphere, not with out walking through webs."

Viggo: "Sabbitha use telekinesis to bring that bottle here"

Sabbitha: "but that's not even one I'm trained for!"

Viggo: "just do it!"

Sabbitha castes a minor telekinesis spell, the bottle doesn't budge
Sabbitha has mastered a new spell [minor telekinesis]! she can use it to gently push and pull small objects

Sabbitha: "see it didn't even work!"
David: "it must be stuck to the ground"
>>
No. 369937 ID: b6edd6

Move one of the weapons over, then use the spear to cut the webs.
>>
No. 369938 ID: 35bcde

>>369934
You are invincible. Have them use you as a projectile to try and dislodge the bottle.
>>
No. 369939 ID: 46c430

Can't they just use the cleaver for that?
>>
No. 370001 ID: f72f26
File 132310481690.png - (164.33KB , 756x540 , WA3page40.png )
370001

Sabbitha uses her minor telekinesis spell to draw the spear to her.

David tries to use the spear to cut the webs, but the weapon isn't long enough.

you begin moving your physical form closer in case it is required.
>>
No. 370008 ID: b6edd6

Can they see what is in the bottle (a liquid or solid)? If it is a solid, can they uncork (with telekinesis) the bottle to get the item out?
>>
No. 370053 ID: 46c430

Ah, you're talking about the webs on the flask, gotcha. Well, looks like we can't get it without springing the obvious trap, so we'll either have to have the one dude send in his familiar, or we'll just have to give it up, grab the weapons off the rack, and make our way elsewhere.
>>
No. 370134 ID: f72f26
File 132315124175.png - (165.04KB , 756x540 , WA3page41.png )
370134

David tries to cut away the thick webbing, but his efforts are not very effective.

Sabbitha puts her new mastery to work and acquires a cork from the bottle.

the golden shine from the bottle appears to ban object rather than a liquid.
>>
No. 370136 ID: b6edd6

Is the item too large to lift out of the bottle?
>>
No. 370905 ID: f72f26
File 132345885380.png - (172.28KB , 756x540 , WA3page42.png )
370905

the item is not too large, Sabbitha magics the object in the bottle to her hand.

Sabbitha: "huh, looks like some sort of key"
>>
No. 370936 ID: b6edd6

Good job. That key will likely prove useful later on.
>>
No. 371263 ID: f72f26
File 132357764582.png - (167.78KB , 756x540 , WA3page43.png )
371263

Sabbitha acquires a weapon for Viggo with her minor telekinesis spell.

Goldfist dismisses his disguise spell
>>
No. 371281 ID: b6edd6

Magically collect the last weapon on the rack for Goldfist, than onwards.
>>
No. 371485 ID: 0ef5d9

At what point does it make sense to stop carrying around chunks of broken wood? When someone wants to pick up a fourth thing?
>>
No. 372624 ID: f72f26
File 132398944288.png - (157.28KB , 756x540 , WA3page44.png )
372624

Sabitha collects a throwing hammer for Goldfist

you consider having your apprentices drop the useless wood, carrying it doesn't seem to slow them down any.
>>
No. 372628 ID: e3aff6

Um, where are they now?
>>
No. 372795 ID: f72f26
File 132401934318.png - (159.93KB , 756x540 , WA3page45.png )
372795

your apprentices seem hard to follow when travelling on mass.

you believe they are following your instruction to press onward, towards the only unexplored passage.
>>
No. 373480 ID: f72f26
File 132427918553.png - (148.51KB , 756x540 , WA3page46.png )
373480

the only area you've yet to explore lies beyond that door.

there is also someone in the hallway.

Mehra: "Master Toadsphere how should we procede?"
>>
No. 373587 ID: e3aff6

Have the apprentices gather, than greet him. They should not take any hostile actions if he does not try to attack, but Sabbitha should be ready to use a charm spell on him if something goes wrong.
>>
No. 375913 ID: f72f26
File 132514521259.png - (220.19KB , 756x540 , WA3page47.png )
375913

the human turns to your apprentice, he looks confident yet a bit aloof.

????: "Why hello there ladies . . . and Gentlemen of course! is there something I can help with? I have MANY talents."

Viggo taps into your telepathic bond
Viggo: Master Toadsphere how should we proceed?
>>
No. 376256 ID: 316d2a

You should ask why he is here. And keep in mind he seems to have a hand behind his back.
>>
No. 376574 ID: f72f26
File 132536721369.png - (221.45KB , 756x540 , WA3page48.png )
376574

you use your arcane sight to check if he is hiding something behind his back, it appears he is not.

Viggo: "peasant, why are you here?"

????: "ah philosophy, a favorite topic of mine. I suspect that the gods have placed me upon this earth as a gift to the finest ladies."

Viggo: "I was referring to your presence in this room of the of this dungeon."

????: "it seems I am a gift poorly assigned, guarding a door is beneath such a talent man as I, but my employers wanted only the best, and I could hardly argue THAT point."
>>
No. 376592 ID: 79586b

And these... employers, you deign to obey the wishes of ones with such poor judgment?
>>
No. 376597 ID: 252e1b

>>376574

How much are they paying him for this gig?
>>
No. 376748 ID: fc22d7

>>376592 Downvoting. Let's not risk angering this random guy who we don't know what he can do. He could be just a total blowhard or someone who can easily put us down a few apprentices we can't afford losing.

Instead ask him about his employers. We want to get a sense of his feelings about them, though don't ask directly about his feelings on them. Just, about who they are and what else he's willing to tell us.
>>
No. 376749 ID: fc22d7

>>376748 Also ask about his talents. That should put him in a good mood. He sounds like the bragging sort.
>>
No. 377177 ID: f72f26
File 132561973059.png - (219.41KB , 756x540 , WA3page49.png )
377177

Viggo: how much are you getting paid for this work?

????: " I am getting paid with the body of a pure virgin for every week of loyal service! or was it a gold coin per week? I can't quite remember"

Viggo:"tell me about this employer of yours"

????: "He wore a Black cloak, and had a skull for a face or was it a mask? he seemed honest enough."

Viggo: "You mentioned your talents?"

????: "I am a master of my own body, whether on the battlefield, in the bedroom, or anything in between, but this is only the most prominent of my many skills, would you like to hear more of my amazing talents?"
>>
No. 377458 ID: 210977

>>377177

tell us more about these battlefield talents
>>
No. 377474 ID: b7d969

Okay, by my guesses he's a martial artist, but thick as a brick.

"So, you were told to guard this door, yes, is it okay if we exit through it? I mean, obviously entrance would be something you would be supposed to watch against, but what about leaving... this being the the exit"

(Just try to confuse him to the point of being unsure as to which side of the door is the 'entrance' or the 'exit'. In fact, one of the ladies should make this argument, try being flirty, keep him off balance mentally.)
>>
No. 377523 ID: f72f26
File 132571981485.png - (166.67KB , 756x540 , WA3page50.png )
377523

you are fairly certain this man is a martial artist of sorts, not the sort of person your apprentices would have an easy time fighting.

Viggo: "you were told to guard this door, correct?"

???? "of course!"

Viggo: "but we are already inside the area you are supposed to be guarding?"

???? "wait you are? I'm not-"

Viggo: "you know this vault correct?"

????: "of course!"

Viggo: "then you know there are no other ways to enter or exit this vault except through the door you are guarding."

????: "Wait that means you ARE on the wrong side of the door! you aren't suppose to be here!"

Viggo: "well we'll be more than willing to leave."

????: . . .

Viggo: "well?"

????: "I can't, I lost the key, I've been looking for it for some time now, with out it the door will never open."
>>
No. 377598 ID: 316d2a

(I am pretty sure the key is the one we currently have, but we don't need to tell him that immediately.)

Ask what he would do in here without the key. Would he just starve in here?
>>
No. 379232 ID: f72f26
File 132630522515.png - (151.72KB , 756x540 , WA3page51.png )
379232

Viggo: "and if you don't find the key? will you just stay here until you starve?"

????: "Ha-ha, No, Lockpicking just happens to be one of my many talents"
>>
No. 379313 ID: e935f0

Since we're obviously not supposed to be in here, he should let us out so we can be where we're supposed to be.
>>
No. 379338 ID: 818a6a

>>379232
So, bout that lockpicking? Care to demonstrate?

(Wait, how much gold do we have?. I mean, he gets, what 1 gold a week? Can we top that?)
>>
No. 381867 ID: f72f26
File 132742945030.png - (151.70KB , 756x540 , WA3page52.png )
381867

Goldfist: "So, bout that lockpicking? Care to demonstrate?"

????: "demonstrate one of my many many skills? Of course!"

the man delivers a mighty kick

Sabbitha: "D-did he just kick a locked iron door open?!"

????: "Indeed I did, and that's not the only thing I'm talented at my beautiful enchantress."
>>
No. 381906 ID: a7946f

Flatter him, but don't downplay your own abilities. He could be a powerful ally if you can convince him to switch employers. However, you don't want to give this guy power over you unless you become convinced he is trustworthy.
>>
No. 384437 ID: f72f26
File 132846719955.png - (236.54KB , 756x540 , WA3page53.png )
384437

Sabbitha: "Oh,you are so strong, I like a man with such throbbing powerful muscles . . ."

????: "oh yes, my muscles definition is just one of my many talents"

Sabbitha: "I'll have you know I have a few talents of my own~"

????: "oh ho, I am intrigued!"
>>
No. 384520 ID: 115d9f

>>384437
Doesn't he think these talents could be put to better use... in our company?
>>
No. 384811 ID: 252e1b

>>384437

Show a little leg, too. If you're going to use feminine wiles, do it right.
>>
No. 384882 ID: b6edd6

>>384811
That isn't very plausible with robes.
>>
No. 384930 ID: 252e1b

>>384882

She could show some ankle.
>>
No. 384938 ID: 40cb26

>>384882
Not with actually showing, but a bit of a twist forward and the outline alone can tease quite effectively.
>>
No. 385021 ID: f72f26
File 132862811944.png - (254.27KB , 756x540 , WA3page54.png )
385021

Sabbitha: "Don't you think these talents could be put to better use... in our company?"

????: "ah! I'm not one to refuse the desires of a pretty woman, but I must guard this door!"

Sabbitha: "are you sure?~"

Sabbitha lift's the hem of her robe and smiles

????: "I-I . . . HA HA good thing L-loyalty is one of my many many talents, else I might be t-tempted."
>>
No. 385022 ID: 210977

>>385021

raise that robe a little higher. sooner or later his testosterone will overpower his better judgement.
>>
No. 385067 ID: 40cb26

He's a nice and loyal guy. So let's use that. Put on a little bit of pout.

"What about me? Am I not worth... being loyal to? I could be loyal to you too."
>>
No. 385080 ID: a9f1dc

>>385022
>>385067
>>
No. 386466 ID: f72f26
File 132919429390.png - (112.61KB , 998x713 , WA3page55.png )
386466

Sabbitha: "What about me? Am I not worth... being loyal to? I could be loyal to you too."

Sabbitha lifts her robe a little more

????: "A-ah! I cannot resist a woman in need, consider me in your service!"


A Human Martial Artist has joined your team,

what is his name?

>>
No. 386475 ID: 049dfa

Buck Justbuck
>>
No. 386477 ID: b6edd6

It is unlikely it is his real name, but he calls himself Stanley the Manly.
>>
No. 386479 ID: 6faf95

CRUSH IRONFIST
BLAST HARDCHEESE
BITEY MCSWEARWORD
>>
No. 386589 ID: 2f7168

beefcake blast-mountain
>>
No. 386599 ID: a9f1dc

>>386477
>>
No. 386650 ID: 210977

>>386479
BUFF DRINKLOTS
SLAB BULKHEAD
FRIDGE LARGEMEATS
PUNT SPEEDCHUNK
THICK McRUNFAST
>>
No. 386682 ID: 388bca

JURGENHOFF MEATSLAPPER
Seems apprpriate to his interests.
>>
No. 386805 ID: f7829d

>>386477
Thirded. Stanley. Stanley the Manly.
>>
No. 387125 ID: f72f26
File 132940648938.png - (156.05KB , 756x540 , WA3page56.png )
387125

Stanley the manly will now be accompanying you apprentices.

the metal door appears to lead into a hallway
>>
No. 387134 ID: 210977

>>387125

examine the dealybobber on the floor there.
>>
No. 388582 ID: f72f26
File 133005353685.png - (157.72KB , 756x540 , WA3page57.png )
388582

Stanely: "oh! what is this little thing!"

David: "hey! don't touch my familiar!"

Viggo and Goldfist pass through the door

Viggo: what's going on here, why are you not venturing further?

Sabbitha: "there might be monsters in the next room, I'm not going in first."
>>
No. 388589 ID: b6edd6

There may be monsters in there, but probably nothing STANLY THE MANLY can't handle, especially with ranged backup from Mehra.
>>
No. 388663 ID: 40cb26

>>388589
Right, have him lead but cover him from the back and have our other guys on his heels. He may have more health but we don't want to push that advantage too hard.
>>
No. 388987 ID: f72f26
File 133023711246.png - (155.84KB , 756x540 , WA3page58.png )
388987

Stanley: "ha ha, little monsters do not frighten me!"

Stanley travels down the hall, Mehra catches up to provide cover.

Stanley: "no monsters here, you've been worrying for nothing"
>>
No. 389060 ID: b6edd6

That door has an arrow pointing towards it. We should go through the other one, since signs in trap-labyrinths are usually traps.
>>
No. 389071 ID: 46c430

Look up. Always look up. The really nasty monsters always hide on the ceiling.
>>
No. 389223 ID: f72f26
File 133032038179.png - (154.50KB , 756x540 , WA3page59.png )
389223

Stanley looks up, but sees nothing on the ceiling.

he travels to the next room.

It appears that Stanley's stumbled onto a band of elves, they seem vaguely familiar.
>>
No. 390090 ID: 252e1b

Time for everyone to move up. Let's get a look at those elves (other apprentices perhaps?) and talk to them. Hopefully we can parlay.
>>
No. 390141 ID: e3aff6

Greet them cheerfully.
>>
No. 392434 ID: f72f26
File 133165922235.png - (253.17KB , 756x540 , WA3page60.png )
392434

Mehra: "uncle Tiuret, what are you doing here?"

Elf: "hello Mehra it is good to see you are alive, but there is little time for idle chatter I need to speak to your master. is he here?"
>>
No. 392505 ID: b6edd6

"You wish to speak to me?"
>>
No. 392506 ID: ed57e8

we are always listening. unless he means in private, in which case point him to us.
>>
No. 392924 ID: f72f26
File 133179174153.png - (231.52KB , 756x540 , WA3page61.png )
392924

"leave me servants."

your apprentices leave the room, leaving you alone with the elf

"You wish to speak to me?"

Elf: "I . . . I come bearing ill news of the hunt"

you now recall, these elves are more of your servants.

Elf: "I have failed you Master Toadsphere.despite my best efforts, Lellonar Barogought has escaped once again!"
>>
No. 392929 ID: b6edd6

"I see. Remind me of the recent events in your pursuit of him if you would. I have been rather preoccupied with guiding my apprentices recently."
>>
No. 392930 ID: ed57e8

so long as you always do all that you can, it is enough. one day Lellonar will make a mistake, and i can trust that you will be there to seize it.
>>
No. 393015 ID: 7bbcd3

>>392924
"Do you know how he escaped? I can only assume you still have hunters attempting to track him now, but if he cannot be contained again it could lead to more misfortune. Show me to his former prison, and his escape route. My apprentices can only benefit from participating in the hunt."
>>
No. 393261 ID: 55c4cf

We must recapture him for having a dumb name. it is an outrage
>>
No. 393360 ID: f72f26
File 133194221507.png - (228.27KB , 756x540 , WA3page62.png )
393360

>>393261
you recall lellonar and his silly name, one of your former apprentices you believe.

"I see. Remind me of the recent events in your pursuit of him if you would. I have been rather preoccupied with guiding my apprentices recently."

Elf: "again I must ask forgiveness for this intrusion Lord Toadsphere, as you no doubt already know Barogought has been on the run for some time after murdering a number of your agents, and your friend King Tulose. Recently my scouts found what we believed to be his hide out, but there was a trap many of my best died that day but Barogought escaped and is on the move once more."

"Do you know how he escaped?"

Elf: "you told us he was a weak mage, but he must've improved since last you met, for he disapeared beyond the ability of my best trackers."

"I can only assume you still have hunters attempting to track him now, but if he cannot be contained again it could lead to more misfortune. Show me to his former Hide out, and his escape route. My apprentices can only benefit from participating in the hunt."

Elf: "you wish to attend this personally?"
>>
No. 393613 ID: b6edd6

Yes. He has evaded justice for long enough. What sort of trap did he lay for the last group to search for him?
>>
No. 396615 ID: f72f26
File 133294127910.png - (101.94KB , 756x540 , WA3page63.png )
396615

"Yes. He has evaded justice for long enough."

* * *

and so along with your apprentices you embark on your quest to find the wayward wizard.

THE END
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password