[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 308257)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 130694247954.png - (21.44KB , 357x383 , RoseinDarkness.png )
308257 No. 308257 ID: 856690

It was very very dark around Poor lost Rose.

This of course is not a strange thing for an adventurer or miner. Unfortunately Rose is neither a miner or an adventurer.

Not that being stuck in a dark place of which you know not is good for adventures or miners. Of course none of this is a problem for beings that see in the dark. Pity Rose isn't one of them either.

It's even worse considering the hole Rose fell through sealed itself. Far far worse is the fact Rose is of the race of Conemen, the smallest race in Elcon. They don't even have arms. Just a miserably weak telekinetic power.

Oh dear! Rose was at this stage quite frightened, whatever will Rose do?
Expand all images
>>
No. 308258 ID: f0e3ae

take a deep breath, relax, try to "feel around" with telekinesis' other requisite powers to get a feel of this place.
>>
No. 308261 ID: 856690
File 130694434496.png - (28.25KB , 383x357 , Ohdear.png )
308261

Rose feels around with Telekinesis. Can't feel very far... Thought there appears to be some large slimy pointed things behind Rose. Rose is sure those weren't there before.

The Tip of Rose's head/body feels warm. Wind?

Rose feels a feeling of dread.
Oh Dear!
>>
No. 308263 ID: 987c92

>>308261
Whatever you do, don't panic.

Ask loudly if there's anyone there. Maybe someone else is lost in the dark too.
>>
No. 308268 ID: 856690
File 130694676506.png - (58.38KB , 640x400 , Death0.png )
308268

Oh Dear! Rose didn't panic! Not that is good defense against getting eaten! Rose did call out but there wasn't anyone to hear. Who knows maybe the monster was lost and Hungry?

Maybe in the future you'll avoid waiting calmly to be eaten!

Go back to before Rose died?
Begin back at the last Checkpoint?
>>
No. 308270 ID: 40cb26

Aren't those the same thing right now? Let's just say yes.
>>
No. 308273 ID: 856690
File 130694826720.png - (33.88KB , 383x357 , Roseconfused.png )
308273

Rose shudders at the thought of the nasty monsters that may hypothetically live in this darkness.

A hot wind blast's Rose's tip.
Somehow Rose feels like this has happened before, which of course is silly.
>>
No. 308278 ID: 252e1b

Whatever you do, don't panic. Just stay put, and stay calm.
>>
No. 308279 ID: f7aa74

>>308273

run you stupid pink thing, run as fast as you can
>>
No. 308280 ID: 252e1b

>>308279

No, it's fine, just wait and see.
>>
No. 308282 ID: f0e3ae

how weak exactly is your telekinesis? can you "stab" with it in point blank range?
I have a feeling that the "hot thing" is the breath of a monster.

And I just realized, conemen don't have arms, but they do have legs... so you can walk... mmm, I take it you cannot lift yourself up with your telekinesis, right?
>>
No. 308285 ID: 856690
File 130695293114.png - (35.21KB , 383x357 , Roseruns.png )
308285

Rose Runs!

... and Runs...

And Runs!!
>>
No. 308286 ID: 856690
File 130695307739.png - (36.28KB , 383x357 , SMACK.png )
308286

... Right into a wall.

Ouch, that must have hurt.
Good thing there wasn't any bottomless pits!

Rose's telekinesis is very weak, though lots of conepeople together are able to lift very heavy things!
>>
No. 308296 ID: be7d72

Feel around with Telekinesis again.
>>
No. 308299 ID: 5db67b

When in doubt, GO LEFT.
>>
No. 308301 ID: 856690
File 130695978532.png - (35.24KB , 357x383 , Roserope.png )
308301

Rose feels around.
There seems to a, rope like thing... but that is just what it feels like to Rose
The wall to Rose's right goes up farther than Rose's telekinetic reach.

Rose considers going left, back the ways...
There is shuffling sounds coming from far away...

Rose could probably climb the possibly-a-rope.

*WRRRRRYYYYYYYY!!!!*

Oh dear!
>>
No. 308326 ID: e44eb4

DEFINITELY CLIMB THE POSSIBLY-A-ROPE.
>>
No. 308345 ID: 856690
File 130696641417.png - (26.10KB , 383x357 , Roseclimb.png )
308345

Yay! Climbing!

Up and Up Rose goes!
The Shuffling grows fainter
>>
No. 308346 ID: 856690
File 130696648370.png - (37.91KB , 383x357 , UpRose.png )
308346

Well Rose is Now up here!

Where ever here is.

At least there doesn't seem to be anything nasty here!
>>
No. 308349 ID: 9c538a

gather rope
rub together fast
make fire
make light
>>
No. 308358 ID: e44eb4

I suggest you run straight forwards in the direction you're facing; theres a moster behind you.
>>
No. 308367 ID: 856690
File 130697120097.png - (160.78KB , 383x357 , Lightr.png )
308367

Light, Light need...

Oh!

Well it's brighter now, but Rose can't shake the feeling of being looked at!
>>
No. 308369 ID: 856690
File 130697138681.png - (37.41KB , 400x640 , Fallingdeath.png )
308369

Rose flees in terror at the though of a monster lurking behind!

Flees right into a hole!
Well, You had light! But people don't look where they are going when panicked!

If it's any consolation, it isn't the fall that kills...

It is hitting the ground, which may take a while...

Restore before death?
Restart a lat checkpoint?
>>
No. 308653 ID: f0e3ae

>>308369
restore before death.
What exactly made her panic and run to her death? the thought that there might be a nonexistent monster behind her? she was alone and finally safe as far as I can tell
>>
No. 308784 ID: 856690
File 130712517065.png - (160.44KB , 383x357 , Lightr2.png )
308784

Well as it turned out there was no monster.

It's only eyeweed, though it is kinda bright, usually it kinda dully glows... rather than blindingly shine...

Rose is mildly unnerved by it and would prefer not to look directly at it for obvious reasons.

>>308653
Somebody spotted the closed eyeweed and thought it was a monster(not unreasonable assumption),he also suggested running straight forwards...If you as Rose to, a telekenetic map can be made of the area within reach, though in this case it's bright enough to see now
>>
No. 308786 ID: f0e3ae

I see the post in question now, don't know how I missed it
Ok, form a TK map of the area, and look ahead of you, what do you see? Also look up.
>>
No. 308790 ID: 856690
File 130712853730.png - (44.93KB , 383x357 , Telemap1.png )
308790

Rose feels out with telekinesis, it doesn't reveal much.

Besides a big pit right near Rose that is.
>>
No. 308791 ID: 856690
File 130712860599.png - (134.83KB , 383x357 , Ahead.png )
308791

Rose looks ahead... there is tunnel.

There is also a sign, Rose would need to be closer to make it out though.
>>
No. 308793 ID: 856690
File 130712866858.png - (134.24KB , 383x357 , Curious.png )
308793

Rose looks up.

Well, How curious.
>>
No. 308812 ID: 1b1739

Can you use telekinesis to pull out some eyeweeds? We could use them as torches... Approach the tunnel, read the sign, but do NOT enter. Then check out what's on the right side.
>>
No. 308836 ID: 856690
File 130713531701.png - (152.65KB , 383x357 , Wumpsucess.png )
308836

It was very hard but Rose managed to pull a eyestalk free!

DUH-du-DOOOOO!!!
Eyeweed stalk acquired!
It's already dimmer!

Looks like one is the limit.
>>
No. 308837 ID: 856690
File 130713535223.png - (37.87KB , 383x357 , Howrude.png )
308837

Well that isn't very friendly!
>>
No. 308838 ID: 856690
File 130713542939.png - (203.21KB , 383x357 , Rightnow1.png )
308838

More Tunnel and a fork... there seems to be some sort of mark near one of the paths, it is too far to make out what it is.
>>
No. 309103 ID: f3ef8a

Check out mark. Go left.
>>
No. 310566 ID: 856690
File 130755152161.png - (68.32KB , 200x186 , Arrow2.png )
310566

Well I looks like that other mark... except not.

The eyeweed stalk still glows.
It is opressively dark in the direction the arrow(?) is pointing
>>
No. 310568 ID: 0d7a83

well you might as well follow it. If it's got a signpost then it's got to lead somewhere.
>>
No. 310576 ID: 856690
File 130755675776.png - (83.29KB , 200x400 , Doorslab.png )
310576

Rose shuffles onward, following the arrows.

Then the arrows stop...
Most things look big from a Coneperson's view

The eye is growing dim...
>>
No. 310577 ID: 856690
File 130755681441.png - (33.65KB , 200x400 , Darknesslightdead.png )
310577

Ok now that makes that Rune wayyyy creepier.

Rose is quite unnerved!
>>
No. 310607 ID: 0d7a83

Touch it.
>>
No. 310608 ID: 856690
File 130756334171.png - (47.23KB , 200x400 , Donteatme.png )
310608

Rose is suprised!

A booming voice sounds!
"WHO GOES THERE? FRIEND, FOE OR FURMINE?"

A furmine is like an unholy combination between rat and cockroach, they taste surprisingly good though!
>>
No. 310614 ID: 35e1a0

friend, i think.
>>
No. 310731 ID: 856690
File 130757430454.png - (50.97KB , 200x400 , Ohno.png )
310731

"Friend"

"OH AND DOES THIS FRIEND KNOW THE PASSWORD?"

Rose is scared stiff.
>>
No. 310732 ID: b539a3

Run. Run very far away from that thing.
>>
No. 310735 ID: 0d095c

Password?

If you really have no idea say,"Sorry, I'm new at this."
>>
No. 310736 ID: b2997a

>>310731
say: "no, who can tell me the password?"
>>
No. 310743 ID: 856690
File 130757631358.png - (59.06KB , 200x400 , Seriously.png )
310743

"No, Sorry I'm new at this, who can tell me the password" Rose stated politely.(In spite of the fear Rose was raised never to forget manners)

"SERIOUSLY? UM THIS IS KINDA NEW FOR ME TOO, GENERALLY MONSTERS COME GROWLING AND STUFF AND I EAT THEM, THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE I THINK I NEED TO CALL AN OVERSEER! CAN YOU WAIT THERE WHILE I DO?"
>>
No. 310744 ID: 35e1a0

"um, i suppose, how long should that take?"
>>
No. 310745 ID: b2997a

>>310743
uh sure I guess.
>>
No. 310791 ID: 856690
File 130758251898.png - (61.96KB , 200x400 , Whatnow.png )
310791

"Ok" Rose replies to the menacing, well whatever it was.

"GOOD, IT SHALL ONLY TAKE A MOMENT"

Huh, did that things... eyes? close? Is it gone?

Rose is really scared... Overseer?
The thing got larger too...
>>
No. 310794 ID: 0d7a83

>>310791
uh... just wait?
>>
No. 310798 ID: 0d095c

These guys seem legit! Trust em.
>>
No. 310803 ID: 856690
File 130758474219.png - (77.60KB , 200x400 , WhathaveyouDone.png )
310803

Something is coming out...

You have got to be kidding!
Rose is Terrified, as you would be if an ominous door opened to billow out foul smoke and smouldering red light.

And the Shadow... WHAT IS THAT SHADOW?
>>
No. 310814 ID: 0d095c

Oh him? That's the Overseer. CHILLAX, ROSE.

He's just Doorkeeper's boss. You'll be fine. Any society that can produce someone as pleasant as Doorkeeper can't be ALL bad.
>>
No. 310816 ID: b539a3

Feel out with Telekinesis, and greet it at the same time. "Hello, are you the Overseer?"
>>
No. 310883 ID: 856690
File 130761943161.png - (18.70KB , 200x200 , Lolwhut.png )
310883

Rose tries to stay calm...

WHAT IN THE LOCK IS THAT?

Oh... It is just a tailless slug...
Well, that was embarrassing...
"Hello, are you the Overseer?"

The Reply slops into Rose's mind
-Why Yes, I beleive I am, You wish to enter our Forgehome? Oh and I do apologise for our Wardrune Gatekeeper, he is new, needed to make a new one after the last one was eaten...-
>>
No. 310885 ID: 0d095c

Politely greet the Overseer, then ask him where a way out of this underground region is, making sure to let him no his hospitality is not being spited, but due to the high presence of monsters in this area you require egress as rapidly as expedient.
>>
No. 311573 ID: 856690
File 130774273759.png - (34.06KB , 200x200 , Talking.png )
311573

"Hello Mr.Overseer, Sir... I'm not rejecting your hospitiality, I'd NEVER do that, but You see, I'm scared, I've been chased by a monster and I really would just like some directions to the surface"

-I'm sorry to say this but, You do realise that we are deeper than the great gingermines here, getting to the surface is a long a arduous journey, certainly not something a little cone could do on their own...-

The hole Rose fell down wasn't that long!
That and Rose even went upwards...

Then again, the Land of Elcon has a mind of its' own, and changes distances at will.

Whatever will Rose do?
>>
No. 311581 ID: 0d7a83

>>311573
Go with it. Maybe there will be a group in it's settlement that are traveling to the surface. Y'know, traders or something.
>>
No. 311605 ID: 856690
File 130774929158.png - (33.05KB , 200x200 , Travellers.png )
311605

Rose follows the Overseer, expressing a wish to see if there is any travellers, There is!

It's a Shupog Merchant! and his Redcubre Bodyguard, There is few things as dangerous as a RedCubre when it is in its' Wyrd!

As to how that Furmine can pull that heavily laden cart, some of those pests must be really strong!

The Merchant offers to take Rose to Zaldmines, a colony of Antopleze! These Antopleze send goods to the Honey Factory! The Honey Factory is connected to aboveground!

Rose is pleased.
>>
No. 311606 ID: 35e1a0

good deal, promise you will try to help so you aren't dead weight, it is the least you could do.
>>
No. 311873 ID: 856690
File 130780591290.png - (15.78KB , 200x200 , Rosefellasleep.png )
311873

Rose promises not to be completely useless, the shupog, Vark and the recubre Tum, laugh.

As Rose and the the Merchant are travelling, Rose falls asleep.
>>
No. 311874 ID: 856690
File 130780596497.png - (20.71KB , 200x200 , RoseDreams.png )
311874

!

Where is Rose?
>>
No. 311933 ID: 229a38

>>311874
Rose is on the surface, on a meadow. It is beautiful. Her good friends Tyla and Pip are there.
>>
No. 311986 ID: 856690
File 130782531797.png - (37.22KB , 200x200 , Rosemedow.png )
311986

Rose is in a snowdrift with some frostgrass poking out, which is what passes for a meadow in Elcon. It is nice... if you like snow.

In Elcon, there is mostly snow.

Rose is alone, nobody here...

All alone... Oh dear.
>>
No. 312002 ID: 35a114

WHERE THE HELL ARE TYLA AND PIP?
>>
No. 312355 ID: 856690
File 130790060510.png - (45.71KB , 200x200 , Baddream.png )
312355

Tyla and Pip... they aren't here...

They were but... Rose fell...
Fell and then was alone...
And Lost

So Lost
>>
No. 312366 ID: 0d7a83

Sometimes Rose you just have to be strong.
Sometimes all you need is yourself.
>>
No. 313462 ID: 856690
File 130815265006.png - (31.36KB , 200x200 , Backforamoment.png )
313462

>>312366
A certain amount of truth to that...
But sometimes, you are never stong enough
And you have no hope if you are alone...

It takes more than self-determination to hold back...
>>
No. 313463 ID: 856690
File 130815268895.png - (11.84KB , 200x200 , Thereisevil.png )
313463

THE DARKNESS
>>
No. 313464 ID: 856690
File 130815280491.png - (28.25KB , 200x200 , Itseeyou.png )
313464

But do not be afraid...

Though the evil may seem unbeatable, though you are tiny and weak...

Do not fear...
There is hope... If only you can find it.

Oh dear! a baleful eye glares at Rose!
Whatever will Rose do?
>>
No. 313476 ID: cc954a

Glare back.
>>
No. 313477 ID: 35e1a0

poke it in the pupil.
>>
No. 313479 ID: 856690
File 130815487932.png - (23.36KB , 200x200 , Didyoupunchitineye.png )
313479

Rose tries to glare back, but Rose's little eyes are no match for it's malevolent orb!

So instead Rose pokes it with the telekinesis
>>
No. 313481 ID: 35e1a0

i think that worked! poke harder!
>>
No. 313489 ID: 856690
File 130816135141.png - (37.58KB , 200x200 , Poke.png )
313489

Rose pokes harder. A horrible screeching comes from the eye, in spite of the comeplete absence of a mouth or something.

It is working!

You see, Some Courage and there is things even one as weak as you can do...
>>
No. 313491 ID: 856690
File 130816151099.png - (31.48KB , 200x200 , Molehemoth.png )
313491

A figure stands before Rose...
THE MOLEHEMOTH!
the guardian of the underground!

There is an evil has awoken, it must be stopped, will you take on this burden? Little one?
>>
No. 313532 ID: 0d7a83

>>313491
Say "Evil? EVIL?! I AM ROSE OF THE CONE PEOPLE! I WILL SMITE THIS EVIL! ROOOAAAAAR! BLOOD FOR THE CONEGOD!"
>>
No. 314368 ID: f0e3ae

>>313532
lets act more in character.
"but how could someone as small as me possible defeat such evil alone?"
>>
No. 314597 ID: 856690
File 130842907841.png - (25.07KB , 200x200 , Molehemothisamused.png )
314597

Rose pretends to be all fierce, rawring about how evil will be defeated...Rose can only joke for so long.

Molehemoth is amused
"..But how could someone as small as me possible defeat such evil alone?"

You can't, You must find the others that the Land of Elcon chose!
>>
No. 314604 ID: 35e1a0

"how can i find them?"
>>
No. 314627 ID: 856690
File 130843106250.png - (26.29KB , 200x200 , Molehemothgoing.png )
314627

Molehemoth begins to disappear.
"Wait! How Can I Find them?"

You will know them when you see them

Molehemoth is going away!
>>
No. 314632 ID: 35e1a0

"i'll do my best!"
>>
No. 314634 ID: 856690
File 130843200959.png - (17.92KB , 200x200 , Rosewonders.png )
314634

"I'll do my Best!"
Rose says with aplomb!

You will, you'll know what to do, don't be afraid, it feeds on that, have hope...
>>
No. 314635 ID: 856690
File 130843201963.png - (289B , 200x200 , FadetoBlack.png )
314635

Never forget, You are never truely alone
>>
No. 314652 ID: 856690
File 130843312707.png - (37.53KB , 200x200 , Zaldminesburns.png )
314652

Rose wakes.
They have arrived at Zaldmines.

But...
What has happened here?!
>>
No. 314653 ID: 856690

Such is the first part of our tale, of disaster and hope, darkness and light

what choice will you now make, voices of the soil? Whom will you guide

Welp that is the end of Chapter one of OH dear!
You know have to choose who you will follow! [don't worry You'll return to Rose where you left off]

You have four choices.
A Pengu warrior who is on a quest of honour!
An Explodahead who is very bored!
A Ram-rider who has lost his bike!
A Huge Buraskag, who is very Hungry!

Now how on earth do you archive these things!
>>
No. 314656 ID: 856690
File 130843318407.png - (14.66KB , 200x200 , Choice.png )
314656

Woops! forgot the picture
>>
No. 314662 ID: 0d095c

>>314653
Explodahead! REALLY SHORT QUEST!
>>
No. 314688 ID: 9801a2

>An Explodahead who is very bored!

THIS CAN ONLY END WELL.
>>
No. 314935 ID: f0e3ae

>>314653
to archive a thread, report the "chapter end" post with the reason listed as "COMPLETED QUEST". A mod will see it and archive the quest.

>Who will you follow
1. Don't actually request archiving until we decide.
2. Are we going to end up following all 4 of them eventually and we are just choosing the order now? Or will we only get to chose one or some of them and the rest will not exist in the story?
>>
No. 315044 ID: 856690

>>314935
Ok, well on the number one point, I didn't actually send the request until after I had started the new thread. Still I probably should have only called it closed(in post) after people had made their choice.

On that note, the choice was made, there only appears to be two votes, but when I made it there were three.

Thread here; http://quest.lv/kusaba/quest/res/314698.html

OH dear! EX!

Anyway on the point of order, after you reach a checkpoint with Crimson Bang, you'll have the choice to switch to another creature or return to Rose. All will exist in the story. For the most part I'll be trying to make it possible to timewarp back(or forward) to the start with all of them.

I'll leave you to figure out when events happen in the timeline. You could thoerically bounce between Bang and Rose, if a thing like that happens, the others will move without player control.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password