[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 263155)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 129193073724.jpg - (108.05KB , 500x500 , One.jpg )
263155 No. 263155 ID: 383006

Oh shitfuck. There's some kind of fucking hovertank sonofabitch rolling around. It keeps screeching some sort of alien phrase over and over again. Where the fuck did these things come from? It's good thing I have my trusty laser rifle.

The whole city's fucked. Some sort of orbital bombardment ruined it. I don't know if anybody survived. Fuck. I am scared. I don't know what to do.
Expand all images
>>
No. 263158 ID: 2563d4

USE trusty laser rifle ON fucking hovertank sonofabitch
>>
No. 263159 ID: 5e01fc

Go for the dome! Dome structures are always important!
>>
No. 263160 ID: 08b416

Don't get spotted, their weapons are 1-hit killers, best option is to try and collapse a building on it.
>>
No. 263162 ID: 383006
File 129193203421.jpg - (111.79KB , 500x500 , Two.jpg )
263162

I hit it! Once right in the dome - my other shots go wide. Shit! Mom always told me I was a crappy shot.

It looks like it's turning to face me!

There's some kind of energy shield, but I might be able to blow it down if I keep firing!

One shot kills? Ass! Crap! Uh...
>>
No. 263163 ID: 67090c

Run, only shoot or break your cover when you have an opportunity when it's not facing you.

Find another hiding spot that looks over the spot you just where at. Hopefully it will come looking for you at that spot.
>>
No. 263164 ID: 383006
File 129193330668.jpg - (144.45KB , 700x800 , Three.jpg )
263164

I scuttle like a motherfuck before it turns all the way around and get behind this sturdy wall of crates.

EX HERMI IN ATE! EX HER MIN ATE!

It starts screeching in this awful, robot voice and shooting some kind of energy beams everywhere. I don't have a good opportunity to fire yet. There are steps to some big building directly in front of me, past some pile of barrels with a funny symbol on them. There's more ruins off behind me I could probably get to if I want to lose it.
>>
No. 263165 ID: dad664

You best pray you don't even get -nicked- by one of those beams. They're insta-death.

If you find a large rectangular blue box anywhere, pound on its doors and beg for sanctuary.
>>
No. 263166 ID: dad664

Also aim for the glowing lens on the eyestalks.
>>
No. 263167 ID: c71597

>>263164
Steps you say... run into the building.
>>
No. 263169 ID: 2563d4

>>263164
Drink from the barrels.
>>
No. 263172 ID: 67090c

Go to the more ruins behind you before you loose the cover of that rock thing just in front of it. Trying to outrun the lasers by going to the building in front of you is needlessly risky.

Keep your eyes out for anything that might be able to do more damage than your laser, but don't compromise safety. It's all about putting damage in while never giving it the opportunity to even see you.
>>
No. 263178 ID: 383006
File 129193457917.jpg - (111.69KB , 500x500 , Four.jpg )
263178

I make a run for the steps! OH GOD IT ALMOST GOT ME! I quickly take what cover I can behind them - there's no way I can make it up without exposing myself - but I manage to get some sweet shots right in the eye bit while I strafe! Looks like the shield is smoking! I can try to retreat - make my way around the back of the building - or get up the steps or something else.
>>
No. 263180 ID: 5e01fc

Up! Up! Up! Up! Tactical advantage! Gogogo
>>
No. 263183 ID: 383006
File 129193588573.jpg - (106.76KB , 500x500 , Five.jpg )
263183

FUCK ME! I scuttle up the steps and into the big building. Its shots go horribly wild, but so do mine and I take a position behind this broken statute. The building is pretty huge and extends backwards. Looks like some kind of museum or some shit.

That fucking thing keeps shouting at me.
>>
No. 263184 ID: a1591c

Take a couple shots at the barrels before falling back to a different room.
>>
No. 263191 ID: 383006
File 129193712344.jpg - (123.12KB , 500x500 , Six.jpg )
263191

HOLY SHIT! It was right next to them and they went up like a motherfuck! I can't believe I made that shot!

It's screeching something else now! "MY VISION IS IMPAIRED, I CANNOT SEE! MY VISION IS IMPAIRED! I CANNOT SEE" and firing erratically everywhere!

It's dark as shit back here, but I sure as shit don't want to go back out! It is frantically shooting everywhere! There is some kind of huge cannon underneath it too! I'm glad it was never in position to shoot that at me!

I can try to hole up in the dark, or try to explore one of the galleries.
>>
No. 263193 ID: 2563d4

>>263191
Explore gallary. Discover art.
>>
No. 263195 ID: a1591c

Art gives valuable insight into the wasteland that lies beyond civilization.
>>
No. 263197 ID: c71597

>>263191
Go look at art.
>>
No. 263199 ID: 383006
File 129193868769.jpg - (133.63KB , 500x500 , Seven.jpg )
263199

I go looking down some of the nearby galleries, where there is still enough light to see.

It looks like a lot of portraits, a few landscapes, not all that great.

I can still hear that thing shrieking outside, but at least I have some time to chill out and catch my breath.

I guess I need some sort of better plan. I could try to make for the spaceport or the tram hub, although they're likely to have been slammed pretty hard. There's the slums - big bricks of habitat blocks and stuff. There's a military base too.

I'm a mechanic by trade, but every citizen is required to be armed, and I've made myself a pretty tricked out energy rifle... speaking of which, it's almost out of ammo. I've got about six bursts left.

Ah! I've never been good in situations like this! I suck at thinking on my feet! I just want to not have to worry about this crap, you know?
>>
No. 263200 ID: c71597

>>263199
First things first. Find a way to reload that rifle. You need to be able to shoot.
>>
No. 263202 ID: 383006
File 129194011388.jpg - (95.88KB , 500x500 , Eight.jpg )
263202

I settle down to see what I can do. There's no apparent power here, but I can still fool with my gun. I check the outlets just to make sure. Yup. No power. I can lower the strength of the gun and increase the number of shots, or do the opposite. I can also make it fire slower, stronger blasts instead of the burst fire I have now. I've got six bursts right now, you can just tell me how many bursts or individual shots I want.

What? I can see some kind of faint light up there. I.. I can barely make out some kind of scuttling noise.
>>
No. 263204 ID: 283fa9

>>263202
Do the bad things scuttle? I don't' think they scuttle. But If I'm wrong, correct me. But if you don't think they scuttle, go investigate, because it might be a good thing!

And I think against your current enemies, it might be better to have fewer, more powerful shots. But then again, you are a terrible shot as well. :V
>>
No. 263206 ID: 383006
File 129194134199.jpg - (99.65KB , 500x500 , Nine.jpg )
263206

I'll go check it out. I set my gun to have six shots, but they're much stronger.

I peek around the corner and see some sort of hideously deformed robot with a flashlight poking around. It's got some hovery bits, but the bottoms of it's only remaining legs are scritching across the floor. I don't know if it's hostile, but I've got my gun ready.
>>
No. 263207 ID: 55c4cf

examine thorax closer
>>
No. 263208 ID: 70e5c6

>>263206
Say, it's got a pretty nice ass for a robot. :3

Maybe it's friendly? Politely inquire as to what it's looking for, but be prepared to duck behind cover and shoost.
>>
No. 263210 ID: 383006
File 129194284453.jpg - (127.61KB , 600x600 , Ten.jpg )
263210

I inspect where its abdomen should be. It has some gross, thick legs. and some lumpy parts. I call out to the thing "Hey, what're you up to?" I call.

It ... creepily spins in a circle without moving it's bottom, shining the the light in my eyes!

"Ar-r-r-re you l-l-l-looking at my b-b-b-butt?" it says.

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean! This thing is haywire!
>>
No. 263211 ID: 55c4cf

Ask it out on a date, use it against the enemy. Draw it onto your side!!!
>>
No. 263212 ID: 55c4cf

(inside)
>>
No. 263213 ID: 67090c

Ask it what a 'butt' is.
>>
No. 263216 ID: 383006
File 129194400716.jpg - (115.05KB , 500x500 , Eleven.jpg )
263216

Okay, I'm going with what you guys are saying. I really have no frame of reference here.

"Uh, can we go out on a date?"

It squeals! Argh! Then it becomes a whirlwind of activity, breaking down some paintings and messing with stuff... I try to help it - I have no idea what the hell is happening here. I mean, I know what a 'date' is... This thing has to have some kind of power source, at least.

While it works, I ask it what a butt is.

"Y-y-y-you know," it replies, "my behind? Don't you think it's c-c-c-cute?"
>>
No. 263219 ID: 55c4cf

Tell her yes, offer to touch it, then ask to see some weapons so you can check their safety.
>>
No. 263222 ID: 67090c

"Definitely, I can't even find a part of you that isn't cute."
>>
No. 263227 ID: 6071d3

"I don't know why... but I want to squeeze it for some reason. Is that... normal? It doesn't feel normal."
>>
No. 263228 ID: 70e5c6

>>263155
Ask its A/S/L.

Well, in this case, the L is really where it came from...
>>
No. 263230 ID: 383006
File 129194563398.jpg - (127.09KB , 500x500 , Twelve.jpg )
263230

I'm going to go with you guys on this. I'm sort of losing faith in you, though, I'm not going to lie. "Definitely, I can't even find a part of you that isn't cute."

It opens one of those thorax things and takes out a glass of strange liquid.

"I don't know why... but I want to squeeze it for some reason. Is that... normal? It doesn't feel normal," I say.

One of it's lights turn pink. Is that good?

"Oh, you are so s-s-s-s-sweet! I-I-I-I-I don't mind..."

I Grip it. This part is not made of metal. Actually, I don't think any of it is. It's some sort of soft synthetic. I squeeze and inspect it, looking for any sign of a weapon, but I don't see one. The end of the thing coming off of its head looks like some kind of connector, though.

"O-o-o-oh! Don't you think this is a little f-f-f-f-far for a first date?" it asks, presenting the glass to me.
>>
No. 263233 ID: 55c4cf

"Only if you believe this will be the only date, I'm sure there's so much more I can offer.

Six rounds, in fact. In a row."
>>
No. 263234 ID: 70e5c6

Is it? You know much about it (her?). Ask it to tell you more about itself.
>>
No. 263235 ID: b6c6fc

drink liquid in glass, it will help you deal with this
>>
No. 263237 ID: 6071d3

>>263234
Do this.

>>263235
Do not do this. Ask about it first. Give it a whiff, too. Then maybe try some if you think it's safe.
>>
No. 263241 ID: 383006
File 129194817574.gif - (85.98KB , 500x500 , Thirtheen.gif )
263241

(animated)
I talk to her. "Only if you" -

Oh shit! The whole place is shaking! Another bombardment? Crap! The thing squeels and grabs on to me! What the hell is it trying to do?

We have to get out of here, but where should we go? Spaceport? Military base? Transit hub? I can't stay here!

While I decide, I ask the robot some questions.

"What are you anyway? Tell me some things!"

"AAAAAH!" the robot squeals, "I am K3613GD! I am an artificial companion! Please, I am scared!"
>>
No. 263243 ID: 55c4cf

>>263241

Guide us to safety, we can protect each other.
>>
No. 263245 ID: bf1e7e

Get to the military base. Maybe K3 can carry a weapon if you can find another one, and two guns is better than one with those ... things running around.
>>
No. 263246 ID: f82d85

>>263245

Go there so you can fuck
>>
No. 263247 ID: d677cc

>>263241
The military base is the one that probably isn't fucked up to hell, right? Go there.
>>
No. 263250 ID: 6071d3

Military base I guess. Try not to get conscripted. Stay out of sight as much as possible and don't fight or draw attention to yourself unless you have to.

Gotta find transport off world somewhere. Preferably small, stealthy if possible, and very, very, very fast. Anything come to mind?
>>
No. 263251 ID: 6071d3

Also K3613GD is a bit of a mouthful. Cut out the numbers... KGD... K-D. Katy! See if you can call her Katy.
>>
No. 263253 ID: 70e5c6

>>263241
Military base. If this is truly a surprise attack, it would have been one of the first targets. Logically speaking, it's probably already be leveled, and all the personnel exterminated... therefore the enemy has no reason to continue being there.
>>
No. 263256 ID: 383006
File 129194949861.jpg - (60.75KB , 500x500 , Fourteen.jpg )
263256

We scarper, making our way out of the back of the museum or whatever it is. I was never much one for culture. The military base is where we're heading! Even though they probably got hit hard, they've got to be well defended.

"Hey, I'm going to call you Katy, deal with it," I say.

"W-w-w-what is that?" she robots in response.

Some sort of ... thing is floating towards us. It spouts some gibberish at us

"PLEASE SUBMIT OR BE DESTROYED." no clue what it is saying, but it's moving toward us.
>>
No. 263258 ID: 2563d4

>>263256
Be destroyed.

No, wait, the other one. Submit.
>>
No. 263259 ID: a1591c

Ask it why! Be ready to shoot it.
>>
No. 263260 ID: 55c4cf

>>263256


shoot it and pose romantically like a 90's movie.
>>
No. 263261 ID: 6071d3

Grab Katy, toss her over your shoulder if you're strong enough, shoot the thing and book like BECAUSE your life depends on it.
>>
No. 263263 ID: 70e5c6

>>263256
Submit to what? Do it if it's sexy. :3
>>
No. 263264 ID: 383006
File 129195106833.jpg - (108.34KB , 500x500 , Fifteen.jpg )
263264

KABLAM Motherfucker! The thing shoots lasers at me, some barely missing, but I don't even give half a fuck. I throw Katy over my shoulder and shoot this motherfucker right in the robot! My overpowered shots melt a hole straight through it.

Five shots left.

More High Energy blasts rain down on the city, but none near me. I can try overland or attempt to navigate the subway tunnels to get to the military base.

Katy squeals and some of those pinks lights come on again. I have no idea what they mean. She's really not that heavy.
>>
No. 263265 ID: 55c4cf

Go into the subway tunnels, there is more cover, and less chance of doom rain hitting you.
>>
No. 263266 ID: d677cc

>>263264
Underground seems like it might be safer, somehow.
>>
No. 263268 ID: 6071d3

Subway tunnels can collapse and flood. If you think they're sturdy and there aren't any bodies of water that can suddenly gush into them then go for it, otherwise remain above ground.

Risk of a firefight down there is minimal, though, and these guys have really powerful weapons.
>>
No. 263272 ID: 383006
File 129195221525.jpg - (138.65KB , 500x500 , Sixteen.jpg )
263272

We take the subway. It's obviously safer.

I can hear the bombardment up above, but as I walk along the tracks, the ceiling doesn't so much as shake. I come up on a stop point. I see some hideously robed mutant at the stop, and see a stationary light up ahead but don't hear anything.

Katy just keeps squealing. And... sort of panting. It's odd.
>>
No. 263275 ID: 55c4cf

>>263272

Progress forward slowly, but check to see what's

Bugging her, baby.
>>
No. 263276 ID: 1854db

>>263272
I guess you should let her down and ask why she's making so much noise.
>>
No. 263277 ID: d677cc

>>263272
I think Katy is designed to, um, do a... thing. Anyway.

If that mutant wants your attention for some reason, I guess you could talk to them or something. Otherwise I'm thinking you probably ought to keep going.
>>
No. 263278 ID: 476456

Ogle that mutant
>>
No. 263279 ID: 6071d3

>>263275
YEEEEEEAAAAAAAnyway... yes, do that.

Also set your weapon to a lower setting with more shots while your down here. Probably won't come across any cyclopian hover tanks down here, but you might have to cook some fools if they get in your way.
>>
No. 263280 ID: 383006
File 129195382427.jpg - (107.89KB , 500x500 , Seventeen.jpg )
263280

I ask her why she's squealing. She says "w-w-w-well, it's because you're just so ... action-oriented. Frank."

I put her down. "I suppose you can walk." I set my gun to 10 shots, lower powered, before advancing around the bend. The mutant doesn't pay any attention to me, so I ignore it.

When we go around the corner...

GOOD LORD! What the fuck is this thing? It's... waddling forward?
>>
No. 263281 ID: 55c4cf

Ask for directions to a vehicle or the quickest way out, there's a baby scizor on the way and you can't waste time.
>>
No. 263282 ID: d677cc

>>263280
If it's just moving towards you slowly, I don't think it's necessarily hostile... it might just be big and freaky-looking.

Back up a good bit and try to ask it what it wants. Keep your gun out.
>>
No. 263283 ID: 70e5c6

>>263280
It's purple! Purple is a friendly color. It also looks like a girl, because I can tell these things.

Politely introduce yourself and ask for directions! And don't forget to complement her delicious colors. :3
>>
No. 263284 ID: 6071d3

See if it's even aware that the planet is under attack. Where is it going? What is it doing?

And yeah, keep your gun ready.
>>
No. 263288 ID: 383006
File 12919557728.jpg - (142.58KB , 500x500 , Eighteen.jpg )
263288

I exhale vehemently.

So... we're really doing this. This thing isn't remotely dangerous?

Okay, if you say so.

I walk toward it and tell it about baby scithors and ask it how to get a car.

It ... responds...

Oh... oh god. the sounds. They... they smell like colors.

I - I can't make sense of it.

We're walking past one another. It swings it's lantern as it walks, like a censer. The sounds it makes...

I think I'm still going the right way.
>>
No. 263290 ID: d677cc

>>263288
Like I said, just because it's big and freaky doesn't mean it's hostile.

If this is the right way, then there's no sense in hanging around! Keep on going.
>>
No. 263292 ID: 55c4cf
File 129195637819.jpg - (60.65KB , 700x720 , BabyScizor.jpg )
263292

Do you see this? Let it guide you to freedom like wings of insect and metal type.

I believe in you Senna, hopefully the color smelling creature just wants to escape and survive too. It even has a lantern.

Hold Katy's hand, tell her it will be alright, and make sure it is so.
>>
No. 263293 ID: 383006
File 129195675652.jpg - (91.19KB , 500x500 , Nineteen.jpg )
263293

"hey, Katy"

"59 65 61 68 3f," she replies,

"it's going to be ok. I got this shit," I say, and grab her gross hand.

"49 20 6c 6f 76 65 20 79 6f 75" she says. Her bottom lights are glowing bright red.

We move past the thing, and eventually reach the military complex. Shaking is happening, and it looks like the basement access has collapsed. I can see and hear a firefight going on overhead, but I can't determine exactly what they're fighting.

"I'm scared," Katy says, "Hold me"
>>
No. 263295 ID: d677cc

>>263293
Katy says "Yeah?" and "I love you."

And apparently she wants you to hold her.

... Well, okay, if that's what she wants. :V
>>
No. 263296 ID: 55c4cf

Cradle her up in your arms and walk on, find a nice long tunnel to slide down, hopefully there's a vehicle somewhere deeper.
>>
No. 263299 ID: 6071d3

Holding is for wusses. Give her a piggy back ride and let her hold on to you instead.

Then say "49 20 6c 6f 76 65 20 79 6f 75 20 74 6f 6f"
>>
No. 263301 ID: 383006
File 129195790115.jpg - (128.23KB , 500x500 , Twenty.jpg )
263301

I've sort of been giving her a piggyback for a while. I tell her "49 20 6c 6f 76 65 20 79 6f 75 20 74 6f 6f," whatever the fuck that means. Man, she's glowing bright red at this point.

Whatnow did she say? I'll pretend like she said "let's find a shuttle and get out of here."

We move down a random passage. Should we really just sit here and watch? It wouldn't be hard for me to fly up there. I could either do that, or move to one of the other locations I mentioned previously.
>>
No. 263303 ID: 55c4cf

Head to the Transit hub, or the spaceport whichever is closer and a safer path.
>>
No. 263306 ID: d677cc

>>263301
Flying in the middle of a firefight seems like a bad idea, somehow

I guess you probably ought to head for whichever of the other locations is the closest.
>>
No. 263308 ID: 383006
File 129195949258.jpg - (112.23KB , 500x500 , Twentyone.jpg )
263308

We head toward the transit hub. It's closer and it's probably not as hard-hit as the spaceport. man, Katy is glowing pretty brightly.

We go that way. I've got an awesome sense of direction, by the way.

Katy starts talking to me, "So, did you mean what you said when you said '49 20 6c 6f 76 65 20 79 6f 75 20 74 6f 6f,'" she asks.

I.. don't even know what the fuck that means, so I'm not sure what to say.

I see a lantern up ahead, I'm guessing it's another one of those huge things.

The tracks here are useless - just a pile of rubble.
>>
No. 263310 ID: 55c4cf

Just say of course and hurry towards the wherever you're going.
>>
No. 263313 ID: 70e5c6

>>263308
What, you mean you don't remember confessing your love?! It was really cute and something you really *should* take seriously. Why would you say it otherwise? Are you just a player? ;__;

Both of you can at least kinda fly, so are the tracks really a problem?
>>
No. 263314 ID: d677cc

>>263308
Anything here besides the wrecked tracks and the big thing?

Also, tell Katy that of course you meant what you said.
>>
No. 263317 ID: d0d015

>>263308
That's obviously hexadecimal, but it's words being converted to hexadecimal, so convert those values to binary, then convert the binary to Ascii.

Of course you know binary and hexadecimal, right? Being an engineer and all?
>>
No. 263319 ID: 6071d3

"Damn straight I mean it! Why, what did I say?"
>>
No. 263322 ID: 383006
File 129196119266.jpg - (119.99KB , 500x500 , Twentytwo.jpg )
263322

We pass up another one of those big things without incident, other than smelling how it feels.

>>263313
Confess my love? WHAT? Why would you tell me to do that?

I tell her I meant what I said. Red illumination, everywhere. That's sort of useful at least.

Hexiwhat? Ascii? I know what binary is, those other words don't mean shit to me. Looks like we're here. Do we go up? I don't hear shit...
>>
No. 263323 ID: 55c4cf

Climb up that ladder, I'd say let her go first but you need to make sure it's safe. Fly up and check maybe? Then help her get up.
>>
No. 263324 ID: d677cc

>>263322
If there's no fighting up there, then I'd say to head up there. But, like, without attracting too much attention, or whatever, just in case.

Also, I don't know why someone told you to say that.
>>
No. 263326 ID: 6071d3

>Confess my love? WHAT? Why would you tell me to do that?

Just play along. Trust us.
>>
No. 263327 ID: 383006
File 129196227642.jpg - (116.51KB , 500x500 , Twentythree.jpg )
263327

Okay, I trust you guys. I don't reneg on anything.

"hey, can you fly?" I ask. I don't really know if she can do more than hover.

"Now I can," she says. I'm not sure what that means. Anyway, I go to scout first. I fly up and see some floating shape chained in burlap. Don't know what it is or if it's noticed me. The transit hub appears to be without power, although I think the trams are internally fueled. Katy is still downstairs. What do I do?
>>
No. 263328 ID: d677cc

>>263327
Alright then, I think you should be safe to bring Katy up here.

And if the trams are internally fueled, then I'd say to try and find one, I guess?
>>
No. 263329 ID: 55c4cf

>>263327
Risking powering the station and drawing attention to ourselves is not the best plan, check the tram for internal fuel and power before you attempts this. It could be a needless task and a risk.
>>
No. 263334 ID: 383006
File 129196360226.jpg - (122.27KB , 500x500 , Twentyfour.jpg )
263334

I tell Katy to come up. The thing drifts closer.

Oh, oh fucking God my leg! It - it just tore off my leg! Oh, ow ow ow ow ow! My fucking leg!
>>
No. 263335 ID: a1591c

>>263334
AAAH SHOOT IT SHOOT IT
>>
No. 263336 ID: 701a19

>>263334
Tell Katy nevermind!
Grab your leg and jump back down!
Maybe Katy can reattach it?
>>
No. 263337 ID: d677cc

>>263334
Shooting it seems like a good idea!

Are you going to be, um... well, "okay," isn't a reasonable word here, obviously, but... able to go forward?
>>
No. 263338 ID: 6071d3

OPEN FIRE!
>>
No. 263340 ID: 55c4cf

Remove the threat!

With bullets.
>>
No. 263341 ID: 383006
File 129196486642.jpg - (167.15KB , 500x500 , Twentyfive.jpg )
263341

I... I shoot. I-it... it's top bit explodes.

S... something hurts. I hear Katy screaming...

It's hard to focus, but I... I'm still standing.

I think I might be bleeding.
>>
No. 263342 ID: ceacd2

>>263341
Faint in Robot Girlfriend's arms and let her take care of your wounds with her awesome medical skills.
>>
No. 263343 ID: 476456

Scream i always loved you since you dont have anything better to say
>>
No. 263344 ID: d677cc

>>263341
Yeah, you're bleeding. Kind of a bit.

I... don't really know what to tell you to do.
>>
No. 263345 ID: 55c4cf

Cauterize the wound with her fiery love.

But seriously, hope she can help you.

Recover limbs if they can be reattached.
>>
No. 263346 ID: 701a19

>>263341
Give her your gun, collapse in her arms, tell her where you were going, then say this:
59 65 73 2C 20 49 20 6D 65 61 6E 74 20 69 74 2E
>>
No. 263348 ID: 6071d3

Take some of that floating thing's burlap and see if you can't stop the bleeding with it. If your exoskeleton is soft enough then wrap it tight. If it's too hard then... I dunno, plug the hole?
>>
No. 263349 ID: c71597

>>263341
Tell Katy to come closer. Oh such pain, you need her by your side now. To hold you and take care of you. It's time for her to be the strong one.
>>
No. 263350 ID: 8555c2

Keep shooting it. Make sure it's dead.
>>
No. 263352 ID: 383006
File 129196630945.jpg - (178.30KB , 500x500 , Twentytsix.jpg )
263352

Oh... oh God. It... it hurts. I shoot it again.

I have eight shots left... I think...

"I-I-I-I'm here for you" Katy says. She's applying something cold to me. It feels... nice, I guess.

"59 65 73 2C 20 49 20 6D 65 61 6E 74 20 69 74 2E." I say.

"Now isn't the time." she responds. "I-I-I-I-It's not time now. Y-y-y-you're going to be OK." she says. She sounds... odd.

Everything. Is... cold. I just want to sleep.

"Y-y-y-you're bleeding has stopped" Katy says.

I want to rest, but this place isn't safe. What was that thing, anyway? Should I send Katy to scout? We need to get to a tram, I guess. Or we could just stay here. Take a nap.
>>
No. 263353 ID: c71597

>>263352
Don't go to sleep. Tell Katy that you must move on, but it's so cold right now, you're not sure if you can make it. She needs to take care of you and get you somewhere safe.
>>
No. 263354 ID: 6071d3

Sounds like a good time to pass out, just not here.

Crawl or limp into someplace a little less out in the open. Is there maintenance room nearby? A dark corner? Anything?
>>
No. 263357 ID: 55c4cf

have her help you to the vehicle, and leave this place.
>>
No. 263360 ID: d677cc

>>263352
You can't take a nap now. You need to get somewhere safe before you can afford to rest.

I guess Katy was able to do something to help you, if you're not bleeding anymore.

I think you two should try to find a tram. But, y'know, don't overexert yourself; I can't imagine you've got a whole lot of stamina to work with right now.

Have your gun ready in case there are more of those things around.
>>
No. 263361 ID: 701a19

>>263352
Tell her where you need to go, and have her help you to the right tram. Also ask her to grab your bodyparts in case they can be put back.
>>
No. 263362 ID: 70e5c6

>>263352
You're in a public place. They have emergency kits lying around somewhere, don't they? :/

DON'T DIE ON ME KNOW, MANTIS-WAIFU D:
>>
No. 263363 ID: 383006
File 129196781916.jpg - (118.49KB , 500x500 , Twentyseven.jpg )
263363

I-I-I-I-I can hear you. I think Senna is not doing so well. We move, forward. She is leaning against me. There are stores to my right, but there are no lights. I-I-I-I-I-I cannot buy flowers for Senna. We arrive at an escalator. There is no power, so I suppose it is more like stairs. There is more in front of me, although the down stairs could lead to the tram. The open space in front of me leads to a suspended walkway. I-I-I-I-It is quite dark.
>>
No. 263364 ID: 55c4cf

>>263363


If you can go down the stairs safely, then do so, otherwise we'll have to risk checking out the walkway.
>>
No. 263365 ID: a1591c

Let's go down the stairs carefully.
>>
No. 263366 ID: 701a19

>>263363
Look around for any signs; you're a companion designed for hominids, so you should be able to see in the dark.
Your goal is to get to the trams and head for the military base.
You have basic medical knowledge, so keep in mind that you must keep Senna awake. Her... er... atmosphere-carrying fluid pressure is low, and as a result her fluid circulating parts are having to work harder. She needs more resources while awake, but if she passes out then the fluid circulating parts won't work as hard and her fluid pressure will drop rapidly.
If, on the way to the tram, you happen to spot some sort of imbibable fluid that's free of stimulants then give it to her to drink.
>>
No. 263368 ID: be5c63

Go down the stairs as roughly and uncarefully as possible. Thump around, make lots of noise, the works.
>>
No. 263369 ID: 383006
File 129196951848.jpg - (89.86KB , 500x500 , Twentyeight.jpg )
263369

O-o-o-o-o-oh goodness. I think Senna is s-s-s-s-s-stable. I was taught how to perform basic first aid, emergency medical treatment, and have a basic understanding of computers and machines.

I look down the stairs and begin to descend, leaving my sweet darling above. I d-d-d-d-don't believe that Senna is very fit at this point.

I spot t-t-t-t-t-two creatures. Should I descend or take Senna down the higher tunnel?
>>
No. 263370 ID: 55c4cf

>>263369
Those look the same as the ones that splattered Senna, you better try the other route that doesn't involve stairs.
>>
No. 263371 ID: 476456

taking someone who's in bad condition down stairs is an ordeal in itself
>>
No. 263372 ID: d677cc

>>263369
Stay the fuck away from those things. I really don't think Senna will survive if she is attacked again.
>>
No. 263373 ID: 701a19

>>263369
If those are the same things, then go look for another route.
Can you use that gun?
>>
No. 263375 ID: 6071d3

Are you experiencing a glitch in your vocal output or are simply nervous?
>>
No. 263376 ID: 383006
File 129197086531.jpg - (111.75KB , 500x500 , Twentynine.jpg )
263376

I am totally u-u-u-u-unskilled with firearms. We move down the skybridge instead. There is a s-s-s-s-stairway at the end. I bring Senna, but she seems weak. Should we check the stores? Leave her here while I descend?
>>
No. 263377 ID: d677cc

>>263376
I'd be very wary of leaving Senna alone right now.

I guess you could check the stores, although I don't really know what we'd be looking for.
>>
No. 263378 ID: 55c4cf

Find Senna food to help her recover I guess, possibly more weapons and ammo if we're super lucky.
>>
No. 263379 ID: 701a19

>>263376
Check the stores for food and drink, but don't give her any food yet.
If you see any shopping carts or other things you could set her in or on then take one and use that to cart her and some supplies around. Then you'll have a safe place to put her body parts while keeping your hands free.
If not, then grab some bags and use those instead.
>>
No. 263381 ID: 70e5c6

>>263376
Check any stores likely to have medical supplies. Ignore the rest.
>>
No. 264032 ID: 383006
File 129220404236.jpg - (102.11KB , 500x500 , Thirty.jpg )
264032

I-I-I-I-I-I can't hold all these snacks.

There a-a-a-a-aren't any medical supplies or carts, just a j-j-j-j-juice and some candies. I also have some b-b-b-b-bandages and a bottle of sparkling wine and two glasses. I can hear m-m-m-m-moaning coming from down the escalator.
>>
No. 264035 ID: 55c4cf

help feed and recover the beautiful mantis lady
>>
No. 264038 ID: 383006
File 129220541383.jpg - (156.05KB , 500x500 , Thirtyone.jpg )
264038

I g-g-g-give her some candy, although I do not see how that w-w-w-will be effective in any way whatsoever for severe thorax injuries. S-s-s-she needs a lot of rest in a s-s-safe location.

The moaning from downstairs is tapering off i-i-into a gurgle.
>>
No. 264040 ID: 7a835c

>>264038

Well then.

Try to find a safe location, I suggest. That is, if this place isn't safe enough. And maybe you should try to figure out that gun while you're waiting for her to recover. After, of course, you're done stemming the flow of ichor.
>>
No. 264041 ID: 55c4cf

yeah find a save place to rest, and bar it up so you can defend like a zombie raid.

pretty sure we're roaming these abandoned things by ourselves except what seem to be defense sentries. if we're lucky they'll go away, rather than there being more of them.
>>
No. 264046 ID: 383006
File 129220663294.jpg - (75.30KB , 500x500 , Thirtytwo.jpg )
264046

S-s-sweet Senna is stable for now. She can walk, but is in pain. T-t-t-this area does not seem safe. More b-b-b-bombardments could also occur. We could hole up here, but I think it would be safer if we could escape the city entirely.

I check down the escalator. T-t-there is a severely injured person gurgling in a puddle of ichor, and another one of the c-c-c-creatures floating nearby. I t-t-t-think the train lines m-m-m-might be down on the left, actually.
>>
No. 264048 ID: 7a835c

>>264046
Get her to try to kill the creature from behind cover, then get her down there and talk with the injured guy.
>>
No. 264051 ID: 55c4cf

agreeing, take it out from afar, then go down with senna.
>>
No. 264054 ID: 383006
File 129220808632.jpg - (106.47KB , 500x500 , Thirtythree.jpg )
264054

S-s-she fires, but it goes wide. "Seven shots" she mumbles.

The creatures has certainly noticed us. It's moving closer. D-d-do I stay up here and hope Senna can hit it, or should I do something?
>>
No. 264055 ID: 7a835c

>>264054
Distract it by wildly sprinting down at it and bashing it with your fists.
>>
No. 264057 ID: 55c4cf

throw a rock, do something, you could maybe distract it or stun it to make senna's shot easier.
>>
No. 264065 ID: 383006
File 129220983388.jpg - (136.33KB , 500x500 , Thirtyfour.jpg )
264065

I see Katy blast down the escalator toward the monster as I take aim. It slows, moving backward slightly, but before she connects it flashes and, oh god! She slams into it and I fire!

They both collapse on the ground, but it's not moving.
>>
No. 264066 ID: 6fe35f

Are there any more?
1. shoot more
2. get to her carefully
>>
No. 264067 ID: 383006
File 129221091374.jpg - (86.53KB , 500x500 , Thirtyfive.jpg )
264067

I've only got six shots left, and I think it's fuckin toasted. Katy is beating the everloving shit out of it.

It looks like we were too late for this guy, though - he's dead. Up ahead is super dark, but these things have been everywhere so I don't know if more or coming this way or not. We're both crippled, but I can still fly and I think Katy can too - it looks more like she's not so good at hovering or fine control now, though.

The trains should be down the escalators to our left.
>>
No. 264068 ID: 70e5c6

>>264067
Quickly check body for anything interesting/useful before *carefully* checking out the train area from afar. Don't rush in.
>>
No. 264069 ID: 383006

PAUSE FOR NOW, FINISHING SOON
>>
No. 264070 ID: 55c4cf

Carefully go towards train or whatever.
>>
No. 264078 ID: 6071d3

Ask Katy to assess her damage. If she can't do it then you should.

>>264068
This. Also try to determine what they are. Is it a species you are familiar with? Are they organic? Cybernetic? What do they even look like?

Check the poor dead guy for ammo or a weapon; anything useful. They may have had one, but not realized the danger or not had time to use it.

Head for trains with due caution. Instruct Katy not to risk herself like that again.
>>
No. 267141 ID: b7798b
File 129346705370.jpg - (140.72KB , 500x500 , Thirtysix.jpg )
267141

We decide to loot the thing before moving on. I've never seen anything like them anywhere before. I'd also never seen anything like Katy.

Katy cuts open the coarse cloth covering it and we see the mutilated shape inside. It looks like some kind of disgusting meat tuber. I have no idea how it flies or why it is tied up in fabric. It doesn't have anything on it.

I check Katy out. Without tools, I can't really fix her. Looks like her hovershell might work again if I can find some parts to put her back together. Her externals are tough composites and plastics and her internals are light metals.

I tell her not to get herself any more damaged. She blushes a little and stammers an "OK."

The dead guy has a Torus Pistol. It's less powerful than my rifle, but is better if things get close. It's got six shots.

Right now, I guess I'll use the rifle and Katy can have the pistol, unless you think something else is smarter.

Anything else before we check the trains out in the dark down the stairs?
>>
No. 267143 ID: 2b05a2

No, let's get out of here. Take your time for safety but keep moving.
>>
No. 267145 ID: 35cea2

To the trains!
>>
No. 267149 ID: b7798b
File 129347085684.jpg - (143.10KB , 500x500 , Thirtyseven.jpg )
267149

We peek down the escalators onto the staging area for the trains. It's really dark down there, but I can make out one intact train on the right and some huge, armored train on the left. There are a couple of the horrible things below.

There are also several mutilated corpses, and the area is liberally splattered with ichor.
>>
No. 267152 ID: 2b05a2

Shoot them! Then we should go check out the armored train.
>>
No. 267153 ID: 701a19

>>267149
The armored one is almost certainly on the track that leads to the military base. You won't be able to use the weapons on it and you'll be a higher priority target.
Oh, and I can't imagine the military abandoning their way out without a good reason. If there's friendlies on board then go for it, but otherwise it's a toss-up.
>>
No. 267155 ID: 55c4cf

Agreed, take the normal train and be goddamn careful. There's almost a guarantee there are more than two of the damn things. Corpses don't often pile up on their own accord.
>>
No. 267156 ID: b7798b
File 129347496066.jpg - (146.50KB , 500x500 , Thirtyeight.jpg )
267156

I kill the one closest to the unarmored, intact train and we move that way fast. Katy shoots at the other one, but misses badly. We both have five shots left.

I hear some shouts from the armored train, "Is anybody out there?"

It sounds like a normal person shouting, but there is a thing between us and that train, and it is moving slowly this way.
>>
No. 267157 ID: 701a19

>>267156
Kill the creepy thing and then check-out the armored train. If somebody's alive on it then it should be pretty safe, and they might know more about unsafe places to go.
>>
No. 267159 ID: 55c4cf

Changing destination is an okay idea. Try and keep back and get some cover if you can to snipe the remaining sentry, then continue onward.
>>
No. 267160 ID: b7798b
File 12934770109.jpg - (104.69KB , 500x500 , Thirtynine.jpg )
267160

I take the last fucker out with one clean shot. I've got four left, and Katy has five.

She's kinda wobbly, and I hear her whistle. No idea what's up with that.

"I think it's all clear out" I shout. "Are you OK?"

"We got here shortly after the attack to provide support, but we couldn't deal with those.. things." a voice from inside says. "We need fuel to get out, though, and a new battery. The one in the train closest to us is no good, you'll have to go further down the tracks. More of those... things keep showing up. We've lost a lot of soldiers."

I could either help these guys, or just get out in the still-fine train.
>>
No. 267161 ID: 55c4cf

>>267160

Request at least some of them help you go acquire the goods if they want it. If they do not give you assistance, then take the still-fine train.
>>
No. 267162 ID: 701a19

>>267160
"If you're here for support then you've got weapons and medical aid. We need both.
Also, what the shit? You just shoot them, this is not a difficult concept. What were you doing? Hugging them?
Send out somebody who understands trains and I'll escort them for you. I also want to make sure you're not one of those things mimicking somebody's voice."
>>
No. 267167 ID: b7798b
File 129347882118.jpg - (72.94KB , 500x500 , Fourty.jpg )
267167

I'm a mechanic, so I shouldn't have trouble fixing or unfixing whatever they need me to. I shout up to them, "If you want help, send somebody out to help me. Just shoot these things, it's not that difficult."

"They tear you apart with invisible fields of energy. Once they get close you're as good as dead. Plus they appear out of nowhere. We lost tons of men. The base here was totally wrecked - that's why they called us for recon. Now that you're here, more of them will start to show up and I can't risk any more of my men. Here."

The port slides open and an armored guy throws a tool box out of the window.

"There should be a hose you can run out of any of the trains to connect to our fuel port. You can have this for the battery."
>>
No. 267171 ID: 701a19

>>267167
Ok, go do that. I mean, why not? They're obviously safe INSIDE the train, so going in there makes plenty of sense... But take the battery and fuel from the trashed trains, just in case...
>>
No. 267172 ID: 55c4cf

>>267167
Take the tools and escape in the other train. They're not helping us at all they just want us to risk our lives.
>>
No. 267178 ID: e973f4

>>267172
I... yeah, I'd rather not die.
>>
No. 267179 ID: 6547ec

>>267167
The obvious answer is to hug them.

Uh, which I guess you can only do by helping them and hoping they don't take off like jerks.
>>
No. 267180 ID: 8bbd68

They're in an armoured train. They want you to help them, whilst they get nothing. If they won't help you help them by risking their lives, then what are they going to do? Sit in the train for the rest of their lives?

It's best to take the armoured train, but if the other one works, it's less risky to take that one right?

Tell them that if they don't get out and help you help them, you're leaving.

If they don't send anyone out, just leave on the other train.
>>
No. 267183 ID: b7798b
File 12934827108.jpg - (149.13KB , 500x500 , FourtyOne.jpg )
267183

I take the toolkit and turn to leave.

"Toodles motherbitches. If you can't send anyone out to help, then I'm not risking my life for you."

"Wait! Where is your sense of civic duty? We're soldiers!"

"Yeah, cowardly fucking soldiers."

"Don't you want to know what's happening?"

"Not really. Me and my sweet robot girl are going to survive instead of get murdered trying to help a bunch of yellow fucks."
>>
No. 267184 ID: b7798b
File 129348283536.jpg - (92.97KB , 500x500 , Fourtytwo.jpg )
267184

"R-r-r-really?" Kate stammers. "I'm s-s-s-sweet?"

We go into the dark cab. Thanks to the tools, it's no problem to get it up and working. The whole train looks abandoned. It must have gotten here before the attack started.

Anything else, or are we getting out of here?

I can't set a destination. I'm just going to have to go back to where it came from and hope for the best.
>>
No. 267185 ID: 55c4cf

>>267184
gtfo

but be prepared in case someone from the armored train tries to stop or attack you, or those things in the train.
>>
No. 267186 ID: 701a19

>>267184
Well, you're not going to wind up at the military base, so you're taking your chances that wherever you're going isn't going to be worse. Lets hope the tracks are intact and nobody notices you, since the other civvy trains were shredded like paper.
How much fuel do you have, and how likely are they to use the cannons to shoot you?

... Ah, fuck it. Their train's safer anyway. Go grab a battery from one of the trashed trains and siphon fuel from the broken down train into the armored one.
If they give you any trouble, just shoot them.
>>
No. 267196 ID: bffa2a

Get the fuck out of there. If they really appear out of nowhere so fast that a bunch of soldiers rather waste away cooped in a train than help themselves it's time to go.
>>
No. 267198 ID: b7798b
File 129348565035.jpg - (100.31KB , 500x500 , Fourtythree.jpg )
267198

Yeah, time to go.

I figure the train out and tell it to gtfo.
As we leave the station, I can hear some "wooph" noises. They aren't guns firing. Maybe more of the things are appearing? Whatever it is, it isn't my problem anymore.

We go into one of the first class sleeper cabins and I do what I can to fix Kate. I think it'll probably work fine. She takes the first aid kit out of the cabin of the train and gives me proper dressings for my wounds, as well as some pain killers. Feels good man.

Looks like I'm safe for now. The train has about 750 Km of fuel. That'll surely get us somewhere.
>>
No. 267203 ID: 55c4cf

Might as well search the train for anything useful to you or katy during your trip.
>>
No. 267204 ID: 701a19

>>267198
Search the train for supplies. If you don't find anything useful, then snuggle up with Kate and get some sleep together.
Tell her "Mmm... I think I'll keep you~"
>>
No. 267206 ID: bffa2a

Yeah, better make sure there are no unwanted guests too. Not that you can do anything but die in such close quarters. Ask Katy if she knows any relaxation techniques for your trip to doom. Integrated music player, cards or game system. Tell her to think on it while you check things out.

Oh and yes, she's sweet like the industrially produced undistilled gel that you feed to your thousand young.
>>
No. 267208 ID: b7798b
File 129348771947.jpg - (113.35KB , 500x500 , FourtyFour.jpg )
267208

We check the train. It looks like it's been stocked for the next trip, so there's food, blankets, medicine, liquor, and assorted odds and ends. Utterly abandoned though.

I really need to get some sleep, and ask Katy if she knows any relaxation techniques.

"I know 46 75 63 6b 69 6e 67, 53 6c 61 6d 66 75 63 6b 69 6e 67, and 54 65 6e 64 65 72 20 4c 6f 76 69 6e 67, but why don't we start with a k-k-kiss?"

Well, I suppose I could get used to this.

Whatever happened, and whatever happens in the future, we'll face it together.
>>
No. 267209 ID: 55c4cf

>>267208
gg next map.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
>>
No. 267210 ID: bffa2a

Oh my god what are you doing! Don't you realize traumatic insemination in your condition could lead to death? Not to mention your making out with a robot you deviant. Hot.

gg, would play again.
>>
No. 267215 ID: b7798b
File 129348853724.jpg - (16.49KB , 275x295 , Icon.jpg )
267215

Shots Fired: 17
Hits: 11
Misses: 6
Companions Rescued: 1
Civilians Killed: 0
Limbs Lost: 1/6
HP Remaining: 1/16
Enemies Killed: 4
Enemies Disabled: 1
Area Explored: 45%

Green Medal Achieved
>>
No. 267217 ID: 2563d4

Dear God, did another quest just end with a pragmatically sensible decision rather than chasing after dangling threads of plot like a retarded puppy? :D
>>
No. 267224 ID: e973f4

>>267215
>HP Remaining: 1/16
BY THE SKIN EXOSKELETON OF OUR TEETH MANDIBLES
>>
No. 267255 ID: eb4aa5

>>267208
....does ....does this mean Katy's head is going to get eaten?
>>
No. 267257 ID: 701a19

>>267255
No, they are kissing because they are in love.
>>
No. 267271 ID: 1e9d01

>>267257
They are kissing because we made the bug say she's in love with the robot, and it is part of the robot's programming to easily react to flirting. I suppose the bug might develop real feelings eventually, and it looks like that is implied... but yeah, they're not really in love.

So, good job with that. Real deep connection you developed between them.
>>
No. 267278 ID: 2563d4

>>267271
I'm sure there will be at least some hightened-emotional-stress-based attempt at a relationship, which then peters out when they realise there isn't actually any real chemistry between them.

You know, like Penji and Mitzi.
>>
No. 267312 ID: eb4aa5

>>267257
But female preying mantises eat the heads of their lovers when they mate.
>>
No. 267335 ID: b7798b

>>267312
Actually, only captive insects do this. In the wild, they do not.
>>
No. 267336 ID: eb4aa5

>>267335
Technically, she is captive as she lives in some kind of society.
>>
No. 267346 ID: 1963d1

>>267217
You'd be surprised how much a little common sense can accomplish.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password