[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 178368)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 127404403954.png - (19.70KB , 800x600 , 1001.png )
178368 No. 178368 ID: cf68aa

"Shenjou"
Expand all images
>>
No. 178370 ID: cf68aa
File 127404420767.png - (23.34KB , 500x500 , 1002.png )
178370

The spell flies past Amy's head. She stares at Dart as he shouts into the sky

>"NO! I WON'T! NOT TO HER!"

"N..."

>"SHUT UP! I WON'T I WON'T! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME DO THIS! NO! I DON'T NEED HER! SHE'S NOT PART OF THE PLAN!"

>"She's the only one who understands...."

He looks at Amy.

>"Amy...."
>>
No. 178371 ID: cf68aa
File 127404435519.png - (28.07KB , 600x600 , 1003.png )
178371

She tries to touch him. He pushes her away

>"STAY AWAY FROM ME! DON'T TOUCH ME DAMMIT!"

He looks at the school

>"Mizuno! You got five minutes to get out before I Meteor the whole damn school!"

He takes one last look at Amy then vanishes. He seems to simply slip away from this world
-----------------------------------------------

>"..."
>>
No. 178373 ID: a594b9

Wow. This is way more complicated than we thought. I suspect the Dark World is involved in this somehow.

So, we have 5 minutes. We also have a choice: give Mizuno back, or let the school be destroyed. I say we give her back, but let her keep a Cell Stone and tell her to keep in touch. Maybe she'll let us know what Dart's motivations are, since it's going to be difficult to speak with him. I wonder if we can persuade him to do things differently?

Either way we need to get our friends out within the next 5 minutes. GET DIGGING.

@everyone: Dart's gone, we have 5 minutes to evac. Get moving!
>>
No. 178375 ID: 1ac39d

dart's possessed by something and seeing amy gave the good side enough power to fight it. whelp, when mizuno thaws we have some talking to do.

for now though @everyone: we have 5 minutes, start digging.
>>
No. 178409 ID: 701a19

[Cast Miracle on the Red Cell Stone]
[Cast Ol Rethono on Dart from the Red Cell Stone]
>>
No. 178410 ID: 1ac39d

>>178409
[no, he is already gone]
>>
No. 178426 ID: 701a19

>>178410
(True)
[Confirm that Dart is in range before casting anything]

@Alex & Cecil: Sorry to give you the runaround, but we need you at the entrance. Alex, we need you to turn the Cell Stone Mizuno has into a copy of the black one we took from her - including sticking it on his network. Cecil, I need you to thaw Mizuno out, take a sample of her blood, Zeroon her, and hand her back the box.
Then send her on her merry way.

After that, gather up everybody and escape via the dark world. Head in the direction of Central for ten minutes, then return to the light world to confirm your location. If the school is still intact, then you can return.

@Rai: Nevermind, he missed. Incidentally, we know where the demon that destroyed the school got off to. If you know Dart's true name, then we might be able to save him from it.
Also, I think we need to sit down and have a frank discussion. We like both you and the job you've been doing as king, but if we had more information we might have been able to clean up this whole mess days ago.
Oh, also: The situation seems to be resolved, but we still have Amy Sky here.

@L: You're hundreds of years old, and I'm betting you're old enough that you were already The Immortal Alchemist when Dart was born. If you can help us find his true name, then I think we can end this much sooner.
>>
No. 178427 ID: a594b9

>>178426
I'd like to state a correction here: Don't cast Zeroon on her. It's too mana-intensive. Just use some more mana efficient healing spells to get her back on her feet.
>>
No. 178429 ID: 1ac39d

>>178427
no, don't send her away, why is that a good idea? just take her with us and tel, her we are sorry about before but we just saw dart and it turns out that he is possessed or something. so while he may still be good, something is making him do evil.
>>
No. 178431 ID: cf68aa
File 127405147574.png - (16.19KB , 573x402 , 1004.png )
178431

>>178426
They follow this plan. Mizuno looks uncertain but is still glad to be alive. In return for not killing her she agrees not to say anything to Dart about them. She vanishes. Cecil and the others begin their search and soon find Chel and RJ. The heal them and go into the Dark World. After some time they return to see the school is undamaged. Cecil states that it's too dark to do anything else and they set up camp.

King Rai's stone is being suppressed.


Master L

>Why would I know his name? He just popped up one day outta nowhere.

[Pick a tent to join]
>>
No. 178434 ID: 701a19

>>178427
We have an excessive number of mana potions, and we need to act fast. Zeroon meets those goals.

>>178429
Send her away OR the school blows up. Again.

Don't worry, if Cecil follows my instructions we can retrieve her later.
>>
No. 178436 ID: 701a19

>>178431
[Switch to Amy. Link L's hearing and understanding of sounds to Amy's.]
>>
No. 178441 ID: 40cb26

>>178431
@Master L
Seriously? Damn, we just hoped you'd been around long enough, but if he just popped up out of the blue... do you know anything at all about him that we don't already know?

>>178436
Let's hold off on rewiring their senses until we see how they are doing. Then we can ask about it.

But yeah, Amy and Master L first. From Amy's perspective I suppose.
>>
No. 178443 ID: a594b9

I kindof want to have Chel listen to the Red Stone...
>>
No. 178444 ID: 40cb26

>>178443
Chel and Nari next, then.
>>
No. 178448 ID: 701a19

>>178443
Cecil has it, and he happens to be with his fiancée at the moment...
If you want to listen to the Red Stone now, then send Nari to get it.
>>
No. 178468 ID: 40cb26

Wait, where is Gene?

@Gene
Where the hell are you? If you're dead I swear we'll kick your ass.
>>
No. 178493 ID: 701a19

@Cecil: Would you cast Light on King Rai's Cell Stone? We need to talk to him, and we need to signal for him to unblock his mind for a moment. Oh, also, couldja hand the Red Cell off to Chel? We need to do some research on it.

@L: How is Amy holding up? What have you told her so far? Not to pry, but we have experience helping people through trauma and we need to be ready to step in if she gets too unstable.
>>
No. 178496 ID: 40cb26

>>178493
Talking to Rai isn't a good idea right now. I don't think it will be for a fairly long time. We really don't need a crazed uber-mage king jumping down our throats.
>>
No. 178513 ID: 1ac39d

>>178496
yeah, if we show up in person with Amy then we have a much stronger position. we can also explain what seems to be up with dart.
>>
No. 178575 ID: 701a19

>>178496
That's not a concern.

What is a concern is King Rai might try for strong-arm tactics, but that's a known risk.

>>178513
A stronger position? Yes.
A riskier proposition? Also yes.

He can't effectively lash out at us in the heat of the moment when we're miles outside his range, meaning that we have enough time to talk him down if we slip up.

@L: We intend to convince Rai to support our efforts, and are wondering what advice you can give us in that regard.
Also, why is it that almost everybody that's above the law has a few screws loose? Gawain, Rai, Dart, the I Shop owner - do you have ANY idea who or what he is? - King Sils, etc...
You seem to have escaped that fate, but you're loaded down with regrets.
>>
No. 178578 ID: cf68aa
File 127407358510.png - (20.79KB , 500x500 , 1005.png )
178578

>>178468
Gene
>Away. Far far away.
-----------------------------------
>Oh! The red stone. I forgot about that.

She quickly gets dressed and takes the Red Stone to Chel. She taps gently on Chel's tent. She opens it and smile.

"Hello Cecil."

>"Hey Chel. Listen, I need to ask a favor. This stone has been whispering something but I don't understand what it's saying. Can you listen in for me?"

"No problem. Oh, and Cecil"

>"Yes?"

"Could you please close the soul link while you're having fun? My poor daughter has been squirming all night"

>"o-oh.. Eh heh..."

>Awkward....
>>
No. 178589 ID: 40cb26

>>178578
Ehehe, we usually try to step in directly in that situation and cut down the feed. If you can remember to do it yourself, more the better.

Or you can just have Nari join you two. Just... throwing that idea out there.

@Gene
Well we're just glad you're ok. You should at least be up to speed on what went down though, even if you don't want to join back up with us.
[Give a summary of what happened, from meeting Mizuno to returning from the dark world]

If you don't want to follow through on the deal to teach Cecil Sage magic that's fine... but if we fail to defeat what controls Dart sooner or later you too will be confronted by it. Better to have strong allies.

We might be here perhaps a while longer to search through what remains. You are welcome to come back if you wish.
>>
No. 178634 ID: 701a19

>>178578
[Switch to Chel]
ACK! Poor Nari!

@Alex & Cecil:
It turns out that Nari has been feeling everything you're done through the soul link. You can either invite her over so she could be properly involved or close the link, but just closing the link will not only leave her high and dry, but also incredibly excited and frustrated in front of her mother.
How does that suggestion sit with you two?

@Gene:
Bah, you worry too much. We froze Mizuno, then Dart came by and picked her up. It's safe now.

@L:
How's Amy doing? Any way we can help?
>>
No. 178663 ID: a594b9

Cecil, if you don't know how to close the soul link, maybe Chel can tell you. We've been... doing it sortof intuitively. Or maybe you could just call us to you every time. Though that seems inconvenient.

I don't think we should broach the subject with Alex until we're sure they get along properly. Also, Nari's body is a little young still, though I guess it's not as objectionable as before.
>>
No. 178674 ID: 701a19

@I Shop:
Say, do you think you could create an altered form of Phoenix Down that steals souls from the Dark World?
If you can do that then your market would expand dramatically, and we could easily secure large-volume purchases for you. The same applies for improved Phoenix Down that use Zeroon on the target, of both varieties.
>>
No. 179037 ID: cf68aa
File 127415760495.png - (22.80KB , 500x500 , 1006.png )
179037

>>178589
Gene
>I'm a man of my word. I'll teach him when he gets back to central. I found Lord Z's books! I'm going to be busy reading this.

>>178634
Master L
>Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

>>178674
I shop Owner
>I'll look into it...
--------------------------------
Cecil "I'll be sure to cut it down."

>"Or you can have her join you two~"

"Wh-What!?"

>"Just suggesting~"

"Uhm.. I'll think about it."

Cecil leaves. Chel takes the stone with her back into the tent.

>So this is the little red stone?
>>
No. 179039 ID: 1ac39d

yeah, now that we have some quit time can you try listening to it? it may just be rambling but if it actually says anything that would be interesting.
>>
No. 179041 ID: 701a19

>>179037
Yep. Who was it? What kind of person were they? What are they trying to tell us?

@Alex: The link was open, you drove Nari wild. Would you oppose teaming up with Cecil to 'give her a hand', so to speak?

[Check to see if Amy is asleep]
>>
No. 179043 ID: a594b9

>>179037
Red Stone: So. Speak up, we should be able to hear you now. What's your name? What magic can you use, exactly?
>>
No. 179045 ID: 482f1b

A rambling stone?
NOW WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT BEFORE
It could be a link to another mass mind, like us.
Or death incarnate.
>>
No. 179049 ID: cf68aa
File 127415854677.png - (3.18KB , 300x300 , 1007.png )
179049

>>179041
Alex
>Uhm.. I don't know mya. That'd be like a threesome wouldn't it? I'm not sure how I feel about that mya. And she's still young an innocent mya.
-------------------------------------------
Chel
>"Hey little guy. What's your name? Can you tell me anything about yourself?"

Orindea....

>"Orindea? That's a nice name. Please tell me more."

Prince.... Betrayed.... Laurent saved me.... Told me I was safe.... I help the wizard defeat Dart.... I want to help...
>>
No. 179051 ID: a594b9

>>179049
Asked how Laurent saved her. Also tell her she's been very helpful so far.
>>
No. 179055 ID: a594b9

>>179054
Don't tell her that! OOOOUGH can't anyone keep a secret here?
>>
No. 179056 ID: 1ac39d

>>179055
tell her what?

@alex: well... Chel has given her the birds and the bees talk... and she's around 30 years old.


oh, she wants to help, that actually changes some things.
>>
No. 179058 ID: 40cb26

>>179049
It's willing to help? That's good. When we cast a spell from it it takes a percent of the souls power, but it shouldn't suffer for it and as long as a tiny amount is left we can release the soul to rest. Let it know we'll eventually give it release if it wishes. And ask how aware it is of us wandering head voices.

Besides that, ask about the prince, betrayal and Laurent and the rest.

@Gene
Glad to hear it. We can then focus on other things besides rummaging through Lord Z's rubble.
>>
No. 179063 ID: 476456
File 127415937783.jpg - (80.16KB , 1100x850 , youtwoshoulddoit.jpg )
179063

>Uhm.. I don't know mya. That'd be like a threesome wouldn't it? I'm not sure how I feel about that mya. And she's still young an innocent mya.

well i have a handy chart to absolve any guilt.
>>
No. 179064 ID: 40cb26

>>179049
@Alex
Ya know, she is growing up whether you like it or not... do you want her to stumble through it by herself, with us occasionally stepping in to answer questions and limit the soul bind, or would you rather she learn directly, hand in hand with those she loves?

No rush on any of this, we know you have your own issues still. But you three are all part of each other. And a soul bind is an act of love itself.
>>
No. 179066 ID: a594b9

@Alex: Alright, we understand. That would be moving a bit fast.
>>
No. 179067 ID: 701a19

>>179049
Ok, what else can you tell us? What kind of person were you in life? How did you die?
Take your time, Orindea. We're not in any rush at the moment, and we could use a better understanding.

@Alex: Well, think about it this way. Everything you've been doing to Cecil you've been doing to her while she's been in the tent with her mother. If you're worried about her innocence, that ship has already sailed. It would just be considerate to bring her to your tent.

@Chel: What would happen if you cast Soul Heal on a partially-depleted soul in Red Tincture?
>>
No. 179068 ID: cf68aa
File 127416013727.png - (3.26KB , 300x300 , 1008.png )
179068

Alexis
>.. I'll think about it okay mya? I mean.... She does love her and me... Mya my head hurts. I need time to think okay mya?
-------------------------------------
Chel
>I could use soul heal on it easily. It should restore it.

>"so what else can you tell me? Do you remember how you died?"

The man decided... I knew too much.... Killed me... Thead..... Laurent saved me... Saved my soul... I was not taken beyond the gate....
>>
No. 179069 ID: 1ac39d

@alex: sure, that's all we'll ask for now.

the gate? what gate is she talking about?
>>
No. 179072 ID: a594b9

>>179068
What man killed her? Dart?
>>
No. 179073 ID: 40cb26

>>179068
Aha! Laurent = Master L.

Ask Orindea if she wants to remain as he (she?) is or move on when we finally defeat Dart.

@Alex
Yeah it's ok... just rest for now. Been a long day after all.
>>
No. 179077 ID: 701a19

>>179068
Couldja cast it, then?

@Alex: That's all we ask, thank you.

@Orindea: What was Laurent's last name? What was your last name? We've been casting spells through you, so could you give us a list of the spells you know?
>>
No. 179084 ID: cf68aa
File 127416176292.png - (3.31KB , 300x300 , 1009.png )
179084

>"What gate?"

'the' gate... The one for the dead....

>"Who killed you?"

The man....

>"when you were alive could you cast spells?"

Warrior...
>>
No. 179087 ID: 701a19

>>179068
Couldja cast it, then?

>>179084
@Orindea: What was Laurent's last name? What was your last name? How long ago did you die?
>>
No. 179090 ID: 40cb26

>>179084
I think we've about reached the limits of it's awareness. Maybe it's mind gets tired. Ask it if there is anything else it want's us to know. Then thank it for it's help, and promise we'll let it rest when Dart is defeated.
>>
No. 179092 ID: a594b9

>>179084
Ask why it didn't want to go beyond the gate.
>>
No. 179093 ID: a594b9

Ask what it knew that was 'too much'.
>>
No. 179096 ID: cf68aa
File 127416273987.png - (3.31KB , 300x300 , 1010.png )
179096

>"what's Laurent's last name?"

Laurent.. Is last name.....

>Why didn't you go beyond the gate? What did you know?"

Rest.....

The stone gets darker.
>>
No. 179098 ID: 701a19

>>179096
Alright. Heal the soul, we can talk to it later.

So, Chel, what was your mother's full name when she was born?

Also, do you have any questions or things you would like to talk about?
>>
No. 179105 ID: 40cb26

>>179102
>>179098
(No don't even bring her up, seriously. Asking about her true name will be an obvious sign that she's dead. We can wait until she is with King Sils)
>>
No. 179109 ID: 40cb26

Thanks a lot Chel, this has been very helpful. Just hold onto the stone for now, it doesn't much matter who holds it anyways. We'll check on the others for now. Goodnight.

[Switch to RJ]
>>
No. 179110 ID: 701a19

>>179105
(Considering we just conclusively showed that death is only a minor irritant to us, I'm pretty sure it's not that big a deal. Also, there are other reasons to ask BESIDES them being dead. We just tried to get L's name, after all.)
>>
No. 179113 ID: a594b9

>>179109
Uh... think about who RJ is with right now. You sure you wanna switch to them? I'd rather

[switch to Nari]
>>
No. 179117 ID: cf68aa
File 127416450994.png - (15.57KB , 500x500 , 1011.png )
179117

Chel casts Soul Heal on the stone then quickly falls to sleep with her daughter.
-------------------------------------------------

>Oi, hey guys. Whas up?
>>
No. 179119 ID: e31d52

>>179117
I see a nipple! :3
>>
No. 179120 ID: a594b9

>>179117
Not much. Oh hey, I just realized we never asked anyone about the fight we missed. Tell us about it!
>>
No. 179121 ID: 40cb26

>>179117
Ah you know, communicating, recovering forgotten secrets, relationship consoling. Just the usual stuff.

How have you two fared, with the rubble and all? Hope you weren't in too much pain, we tried to rescue everyone quickly but it got complicated.
>>
No. 179122 ID: 40cb26

>>179119
Oh come on.

RJ, you know you're cute, and we're randomly impulsive. Please don't take offense~
>>
No. 179123 ID: 701a19

>>179117
Not much, how's Felix?

Oh, we did some research and found out something interesting about Merfolk. Get this:
"Of all the sapient species, Merfolk women are by far the most fertile. This is important for adventurous people to remember; while almost all species carry some risk of child, with Merfolk that risk is replaced by absolute certainty.
Currently we believe that this stems from the Merfolk being able to determine the worth of potential mates and avoid those who they would consider unworthy."

Good thing you've been using protection, 'eh?
>>
No. 179134 ID: 1ac39d

>>179123
wait, where did you get that info?
>>
No. 179136 ID: 701a19

>>179134
You know, we have a book on merfolk. Reading's a wonderful skill.
>>
No. 179137 ID: cf68aa
File 127416736620.png - (20.74KB , 500x500 , 1012.png )
179137

>>179122
>Meh, its allright. I don't really mind in the dark

>>179123
Good thing you've been using protection, 'eh?
...you've been using protection, 'eh?
...using protection
...protection
>>
No. 179140 ID: 1ac39d

>>179137
oh, well, then, uh.... pray being 1/4th has watered it down enough?
>>
No. 179141 ID: 701a19

>>179137
What? Oh. OH!
You should probably wake up Felix and talk to him, since I think it's a bit too late for contraceptives.
Maybe he could use his magic to check for life?
>>
No. 179142 ID: e31d52

>>179137
Calm down. It's not as if there's no such thing as a magic morning-after.
>>
No. 179144 ID: 40cb26

>>179137
Hey uh... it's only been a few days yeah? I'm sure there's a way to be sure about that concern, as Cecil and Alex have a rather... particular book of magic that should include such things. Ask them about it tomorrow, or we can if you like.
>>
No. 179149 ID: 701a19

>>179142
Err... Those things have a time limit, my friend. Having Felix check for life will tell us if we're looking at prevention or abortion, which RJ needs to know before she can decide.
>>
No. 179154 ID: 40cb26

>>179149
We'll know for sure tomorrow, no sense freaking the poor girl out any worse. Stop jumping to conclusions.
>>
No. 179157 ID: cf68aa
File 127416901126.png - (14.60KB , 500x500 , 1013.png )
179157

>>179141
>NO WAY! I am not telling him! I can't, he'd flip out! I gotta do somethin!

>>179142
>Right!

She rushes out of the tent and runs to the I Shop.

>"Oi! I need mornin after things!"

"Ah, having fun stranger? I'm afraid I'm all sold out. Sold my last batch during the mating season. I might get more in stock later around a week from now."

>"I can't wait that long!"

"I have condoms."

>"It's a little late for that ya know!"

"Sorry stranger. I can offer you a pregnancy test. It's very accurate and will actually work within moments of conception"

>"Give me it!"

She grabs it and runs off.

"It works by-!"

She makes it back to the tents with a small stick looking thing.
>>
No. 179159 ID: e31d52

>>179157
I, uh, I think you... uh, need to widdle on it.
>>
No. 179160 ID: 1ac39d

>>179159
let's not jump to conclusions, it could be magic.

@I-shop: sorry, but she ran off before we could catch that, how does it work?
>>
No. 179162 ID: 701a19

>>179157
RJ! Calm down! Take some deep breaths and try to collect yourself!
You won't be able to read the directions if you're in a panic!

@I shop: Sorry about that, she's in a blind panic after a moment of realization. I'm sure you're no stranger to this sort of thing, right?
So, it works by what?
>>
No. 179163 ID: a594b9

>>179157
Um I think usually you have to pee on those things. Maybe we should ask him ourselves.

@I Shop: Um... how does that pregnancy test work?
>>
No. 179164 ID: 40cb26

Um yeah sorry, we'll avert our... gaze.

@I-Shop
God damn, just wanted to help but I'm afraid we freaked her out something fierce. I don't suppose that sex magic book has something to help with this? And how late is too late for a morning after? And how does being a 1/4 Merfolk effect things?

And... she's pretty damn cute, huh?
>>
No. 179168 ID: a85626

A week? no problem! *holds up a rusty coat hanger*

alternatively, you spawn externally like any fish so no worries about pregnancy! just uh... watch out for that time of the month...
>>
No. 179169 ID: cf68aa
File 127416995233.png - (6.04KB , 400x400 , 1014.png )
179169

>>179164

I shop
>if she's part merefolk then she's pregnant. No doubt. Kinda cute I guess.

>How it works? I don't want to sound crude stranger but she'll need to urinate on the open ended side of the stick. On the other side it'll either say yes or no.
>>
No. 179170 ID: 1ac39d

@i-shop: thanks

@RJ: yep, pee on the open end and the other side will give you a yes or a no.
>>
No. 179172 ID: a594b9

>>179169
Say... were you born in the Dark World?
>>
No. 179174 ID: 701a19

>>179169
Ah, thanks. That's what we suspected, but it never hurts to check.

Is everything alright? You're grimacing instead of smiling, and we can see one of your eyes as a light-devouring hole in space.
You've helped us a lot, and we return favors when we can. Ask, and we'll see what we can do.

[Back to RJ]
>>
No. 179175 ID: 40cb26

>>179169
Damn our limited perspectives. Being wandering head voices doesn't lend itself well to practical, knowledge. Ok look just two questions, will that magic sex book be of any help here, and is there anything else about merfolk reproduction she and we should know? She only found out about her heritage herself a couple days ago.
>>
No. 179177 ID: 701a19

>>179175
I can answer the first one: No, and Yes. If she's already pregnant then all that can be done is an abortion, which the book likely covers.
As far as the second one goes? We have a book on that, and we shouldn't ask the I Shop owner for information we already have.

Which reminds me - we need to look up demonic possession.
>>
No. 179178 ID: cf68aa
File 127417085287.png - (7.03KB , 400x400 , 1015.png )
179178

>>179175
>I doubt there's anything in there that'll help her stranger. Though you might want to tell her that her pregnancy won't last as long as normal. Her body is going to go through changes a lot quicker then normal. Her body does have the ability to adapt though so she won't tear open from the stretching.

>>179172
>Dracrindo stranger.

>>179174
>thanks stranger. This smile better?
>>
No. 179180 ID: 1ac39d

there's the smile we know and love.
>>
No. 179181 ID: 701a19

>>179178
Your eye is still very clearly not visible.
It's not the aesthetics at issue, it's your well-being.

Ah, but anything more would be prying. We'll leave you in peace. Good night, stranger.

[Switch back to RJ already]
>>
No. 179182 ID: a594b9

>>179178
Oh, from overseas? How are you liking it here?
>>
No. 179185 ID: cf68aa
File 127417161857.png - (7.56KB , 400x400 , 1016.png )
179185

>>179182
>hehe... Overseas....
-------------------------------------

>Okay so I tinkled on that stick thing.

>How long do I have t




>Aw damnit.....
>>
No. 179187 ID: e31d52

>>179185
Congratulations!

I'm sure the guy will be happy to hear the news. :3c
>>
No. 179188 ID: a85626

>>179181

Do not question the well being of the man with the scary "don't fuck with me" symbol above his store. I'm sure he's doing just fine.
>>
No. 179189 ID: a594b9

>>179185
If it's any consolation your pregnancy is going to be very short compared to full-blooded humans. You're gonna swell up like a baloon!
>>
No. 179190 ID: 1ac39d

yes, it's supposedly very fast.
>>
No. 179191 ID: 701a19

>>179185
I Shop owner said "If she's part merefolk then she's pregnant. No doubt.", so the test isn't a surprise to us.

I don't know if I should console you or congratulate you. On the upshot, you said before that you wanted people in your life that you could really trust, and lamented your lack of family.
Felix is in much the same boat, so after the initial shock I'm quite certain he'll want to be involved in this.
Could you see yourself staying together and raising a family with him?

It's not what you wanted, but at least some good could come of it, right?
>>
No. 179200 ID: 701a19

>>179191
Oh, and you should probably show that to Felix soon. I think he would rather find out NOW instead of one day noticing that you've got a bulge.
>>
No. 179622 ID: cf68aa
File 127424801765.png - (15.51KB , 500x500 , 1017.png )
179622

>>179191

>This is so fast... I didn't think doin it would... Well I knew this happened but I didn't think..

>I'm gonna be a mom... And Felix is the dad.

>This is crazy. I never...

>>179200
>>179187

>No! I can't tell him! What if he didn't want the kid!?
>>
No. 179623 ID: 1ac39d

wait hang on i got it! we could try poking him in his dreams and see how his subconscious would feel about it!
>>
No. 179624 ID: 1ac39d

>>179623
oh and [switch to felix's dream]
>>
No. 179629 ID: 40cb26

>>179622
Well you can't NOT tell him. Anyways what about you, are you sure you want a kid? Or maybe just not yet?

Our understanding of birth control options is still rather limited. There could be a simple way to abort it at this point, before it can have a chance to grow into a little person.

..Which brings up the question of when a child becomes a person, and gets it's soul.

...

There is a way to test that. You could name it, and then check the watch to see if it points back to you.
>>
No. 179640 ID: 701a19

>>179622
BWAHAHAHA! *SNRK*

You're kidding, right?

Ok, serious faces. Your response is funny, but the reasons why are not.
He suffered a sudden traumatic loss of his emotional anchor and support system, and has been grasping for something else to cling to to keep his life from spiraling out of control.
Remember, as far as Felix knows he was walking along to Central one day then suddenly woke up halfway across the continent to find that his family was dead and he's missing both his gender and years of his life.

I think it's less that you didn't think, and more that your minds both quietly decided to overlook the risks.
It's been what, two days? Two days before that we had a rather interesting conversation at the start of the Catfolk festival where the topic came up.

Completely besides that, you're being silly - if he doesn't want the kid then waiting is just dragging your worry out, and if he does then you're just tormenting yourself for no reason. Either way it's pointless to wait.
If you're going to keep the kid, then you should tell Felix now so he can find out now under good conditions instead of later on accident. More importantly, he'll be far more comfortable about it if you don't try to hide it from him.

Wake Felix up, hug him, and tell him. Right now.
He WILL be shocked, he'll PROBABLY run off in a panic for awhile, but he WILL return.
Don't let it upset you when he panics; that's a normal reaction to these things.
>>
No. 179643 ID: a594b9

On the other hand, a gradual transition might cause him to panic less.

Like, drop some hints. Start a little subtle and build rapidly.
>>
No. 179645 ID: 701a19

>>179643
No, in this situation the panic is a good thing since it forces him to come to terms with the situation.
Besides that, he deserves honesty and openness.
>>
No. 179648 ID: cf68aa
File 127425060782.png - (18.92KB , 500x500 , 1018.png )
179648

>>179629

>No... I'm keeping it.

She goes back into the tent and cuddles with Felix.

>>179640
>I don't wanna tell him now. I'll tell him in the morning when he's awake and less likely to freak out ya know?

>If I have a baby in me can I still do it?

>gah... I need rest..
>>
No. 179649 ID: e31d52

>>179648
Sleep on Felix's chest~!
>>
No. 179650 ID: 1ac39d

yes you can still do 'it'.
>>
No. 179651 ID: 701a19

>>179648
Yea, you can. Well, up until it's almost time to give birth, anyway.

Go ahead, get some sleep. You'll feel better about all this tomorrow.
>>
No. 179654 ID: 40cb26

>>179648
You'll be ok with Felix while at least... we don't have all the details, but I think you'll have a quick pregnancy and then lay an egg, which will then take some time to hatch. Not like a bird egg, but probably softer, smoother and tougher like sharks have.

Sorry we'll let you rest. And try not to worry, you'll have everyone's support I'm sure of it.

[Switch to the first who is awake of Amy, Cecil, or Alex. If none of them are, TIME SKIP to morning with RJ]
>>
No. 179658 ID: f4313a

>>179648
Good for you on taking the responsible route. I bet you'll be an awesome mom.
>>
No. 179660 ID: 1ac39d

>>179654
no, no eggs, it's a regular baby
>>
No. 179662 ID: 40cb26

>>179660
Perhaps, but lack of belly button suggests otherwise.
>>
No. 179666 ID: 1ac39d

>>179662
most likely her mom was half mermaid so still laid eggs but RJ is just a quarter, so the live birth genes overpowered the egg genes.
>>
No. 179672 ID: cf68aa
File 127425408748.png - (17.15KB , 500x500 , 1019.png )
179672

-------------------------------
"ey...st....
Hey... Lis....
HEY, LISTEN! HEY, LISTEN!"

Cecil is woken up by an annoying blue orb

>..... What the hell?
>>
No. 179673 ID: 1ac39d

i... i don't know. ask it what it wants.
>>
No. 179674 ID: a594b9

>>179672
...what the hell?
>>
No. 179675 ID: 40cb26

>>179672
That's not our fault for once. Listen, I guess.
>>
No. 179676 ID: 701a19

>>179672
Grab it, magic up a jar, and put it in there.
Then check to see if you have any new jewelry on.
>>
No. 179677 ID: cf68aa
File 127425446979.png - (4.53KB , 300x300 , 1020.png )
179677

>"What the hell do you want?"

It's voice changes.

"This is a message from King Rai to all powerful elemental magic users. Starting today the following spells are illegal; Aer, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Omega and Zeroon. Anyone caught using these spells will be imprisoned. If you have any questions or concerns you may come to Central City and talk to me. That is all."

The blue thing vanishes.


>What!? Zeroon is banned!?
>>
No. 179678 ID: 1ac39d

WHAT?! let's get packed up and go bug him, something along the lines of 'zeroon just enabled us to bring amy back to life!'
>>
No. 179679 ID: 701a19

>>179677
Alright. You, Amy, and Alex go talk to Rai. The others can keep looking for Laura and Z.
Be quick; Zeroon is pretty damn important.
>>
No. 179682 ID: 1ac39d

WAIT!! how do we know rai sent it and it's not a trap?
>>
No. 179683 ID: 40cb26

>>179677
SonofaBITCH! What is he thinking? We could try to contact him, but I doubt he'd pay attention. He was suppressing his cell stone last we checked. We should head down there and give him a piece of our mind.
>>
No. 179684 ID: 701a19

>>179679
Correction, get ready to leave and then cast Light on Rai's Cell Stone. We need to confirm he sent the message and get some initial information.

@I Shop: I don't know if you were sent the message, but Aer, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Omega and Zeroon are all illegal now. If you have any idea why, that would help us reverse this decision.
>>
No. 179687 ID: a594b9

Everyone's panicking about Zeroon but the real thing we have to worry about is Aer. What possible reason would there be to ban such a simple spell?

Well, I'll tell you. We used it to escape from Lord Cerin.
>>
No. 179689 ID: cf68aa
File 127425561287.png - (23.93KB , 500x500 , 1021.png )
179689

>>179684
I Shop Owner
>Sorry stranger, can't help you there.
-----------------------------------------

A light glows through King Rai's Cell Stone

>Hmm?
>>
No. 179690 ID: a594b9

>>179689
Hey, is this line open, for once?

Did you just ban Aer, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Omega, and Zeroon? If so, why?
>>
No. 179691 ID: 1ac39d

@rai: hey, did you just send out fariy things saying aer, the alpha-omega line and Zeroon are banned? wanted to make sure it's not a trap before we talk to you in person.
>>
No. 179692 ID: 701a19

>>179689
Hello! We just got the strangest message that claimed to be from you saying that Aer, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Omega, and Zeroon are all banned, and that we should talk to you in person about it.
Since we stared down Dart the other day and he blinked, we suspected this might be a trap of some sort.
Oh, and we have news both good and ill. Plus a surprise you'll completely love - I'll give you three guesses for that.
>>
No. 179694 ID: cf68aa
File 127425612384.png - (24.77KB , 500x500 , 1022.png )
179694

>Oh, the recent banning of spells. Yes I made and approved that list.

>None of the spells are major and I had a reason ban them. If you wish to complain you may do so here.
>>
No. 179695 ID: 40cb26

>>179694
>None of the spells are major
...You're kidding, right?

Here's the thing, we're sorta in the saving the world business at the moment, and Zeroon is kinda vital for not dying. If it weren't for it we would ALL BE DEAD as of yesterday. Whatever your reasons may be, we're going to need an exception from them.

But yeah I think we'll all come down to talk in person.
>>
No. 179696 ID: 1ac39d

okay thanks, on our way.
>>
No. 179697 ID: 701a19

>>179694
@Cecil:
The message was sent by Rai. Move out, and move fast. We need to get this done.

@Rai:
We're going to have to have a talk about that, then. Aer is likely the single most useful spell we know, and Zeroon has saved our lives several times - as well as certain other things.

We'll get into the details once Cecil arrives.
>>
No. 179698 ID: a594b9

>>179694
Could you... just tell us the reasons without having to be there in person?
>>
No. 179700 ID: 1ac39d

@cecil: oh and take Amy, and Alex, L will come just to stay with Amy.
>>
No. 179702 ID: 701a19

@Cecil: Screw it. We can't revive Amy or Z without Zeroon, so we might as well all head back while we work this out.
Hotels are better than tents, after all.
>>
No. 179703 ID: 1ac39d

>>179702
laura or Z you mean.
>>
No. 179704 ID: 701a19

>>179703
Right.
>>
No. 179705 ID: cf68aa
File 127425822813.png - (23.35KB , 500x500 , 1023.png )
179705

Time passes as Cecil and her party make their way back to Central. They arrive there. Cecil and Alexis go to see the King while everyone else goes into their previous Hotels(Paid for by Master L).

Cecil and Alexis arrive at the castle and are greeted by a fit man with long silver hair. He's wearing light armor and has the Royal Army Crest on his chest.


???
"Hello, how may I help you?"

>"Uhm... Hello. I'm Cecil and I-"

"..."

The man stares at Cecil

>"Uhm... Yes...?"

"You don't recognize me...?"

>"I'm afraid n... Norue!? General Norue!? You changed!"

"I can say the same to you. All I did was cut my hair."

>"I like it!"

"Thanks. now what is it that you wanted?"

>"Oh, right! We need to speak to the King about this new banned spell list"

"In a moment. He's busy"
>>
No. 179707 ID: 1ac39d

fine, have a seat and ask him if he knows why rai decided to ban those spells.
>>
No. 179708 ID: 701a19

>>179705
Lets just wait for Rai to be free.
>>
No. 179709 ID: a594b9

>>179705
Um... could we ask how he's busy? It would suck if he was getting assassinated right now.
>>
No. 179710 ID: cf68aa
File 127425907140.png - (26.09KB , 500x500 , 1024.png )
179710

>>179708
Cecil waits until she's allowed to go up to see the King. She enters his room with Alex closely behind

"Hello again Cecil. I assume you're here because of my recent Ban List?"

>"Yes. I was wondering why was it that you banned Zeroon? The spell has helped my group countless times and we would be dead without it"

"I banned it because it was one of the leading cause of Dark Mana usage. Someone's loved one is injured badly and they use Zeroon to heal them, even though it would result in Dark Mana. This could result in the loss of the souls of innocent people. It had to be stopped."
>>
No. 179711 ID: 1ac39d

that is a very good reason, could we get a special permission thing or something? since the group can pool our mana so we can cast it without using dark mana. a helpful side effect of us head voices.
>>
No. 179712 ID: 701a19

>>179710
"Ah, I see. I can't fault your reasoning, but if somebody's pushed that far I really doubt the threat of jail time will stop them.
I would like to apply for an exception, as I've never used Dark Mana for Zeroon even in the most dire and demanding situations.
Could you go down the list of reasons for the spells on the list? Then we can move on to other topics you might find more important."
>>
No. 179714 ID: cf68aa
File 127426064228.png - (25.96KB , 500x500 , 1025.png )
179714

>>179712
>"Ah, I see. I can't fault your reasoning, but if somebody's pushed that far I really doubt the threat of jail time will stop them. I would like to apply for an exception, as I've never used Dark Mana for Zeroon even in the most dire and demanding situations. Could you go down the list of reasons for the spells on the list? Then we can move on to other topics you might find more important."

"The Greek Spells and Aer have been used a lot recently to cause chaos in Central. The banning of those spells are not permanent and they will be made legal again soon enough."

>"And Zeroon?"

"Probably not."

>"King Rai... Can I still use it? My group needs it to finally defeat Dart."

"No. If you do I will be forced to arrest you"

>... He's serious.
>>
No. 179715 ID: 701a19

>>179714
"That's too bad. You see, I recently discovered a method by which it can be used to cure death, and with Dart being possessed by the demon that attacked the school I had thought you would like the aid of the currently-deceased Lord Z. Or at least the revival of the other students.
But if it's banned then I can't share the secrets of how it works. Too bad; Amy Skye is shaken up over Dart and the school, and I would have liked to bring back some of her friends.
Such a shame.

Unless, of course, Alex and I joined the Royal Army Mages and were put on special assignment to counter Dart, thus granting us the use of such spells..."
>>
No. 179726 ID: 701a19

>>179715
Ignore that, use this instead:
"Banning Zeroon because people use Dark Mana to cast it is like banning boxcutters because they can be used as a murder weapon.
If they break the law by using Dark Mana, the additional charges don't mean much because they don't care about the jail time in the first place.

Rai, have you ever done something you knew was wrong, but did it anyway because there were no costs that wouldn't pale in comparison to the consequences of not doing it?
If they're desperate enough to use dark mana to cast Zeroon, then I doubt there's any punishment that would discourage them.

Meanwhile? Some people will be going to jail for saving lives without using dark mana, and others will die because people won't risk jail time to help them.

If you want to curtail dark mana usage, then there are better methods to use. Requiring healers to stock phoenix downs, subsidizing the costs of items that cast either Zeroon or Sub 0, looking into what's causes the most Zeroon usage and fixing the problems at their source, or similar methods.

Dark mana isn't even the only problem; did you know that the castle shop is selling gloves imbued with red tincture? You know what that is, you know what that means, and it isn't even 100 paces away.

I'm sorry, Rai, but banning Zeroon isn't going to help, and will just cause more problems.
As far as the rest go, you could just ban their usage within the limits of any town or city.


Meanwhile, we have other things to discuss.
If Alex and I joined the Royal Army of Mages, would you assign us to discretionary roles in defeating Dart? No special exceptions, no favoritism, just assigning the best-fit people to counter an enemy of the state.
I ask because last night I discovered Dart isn't acting of his own volition, but is actually possessed by what I believe to be the demon that attacked the school. If I was allowed the use of certain forbidden spells I would be far more likely to not only defeat him, but free him from its grasp.

Which brings me to a happier subject.
We had to delve into the Dark World - Dracrindo, is it? - and do some soul retrieval, but Amy Sky is alive and well. Right now. In Central.
Would you like me to send for her?"
>>
No. 179729 ID: 40cb26

>>179714
Cecil, what would it take to become Above The Law? I don't suppose your passing that little test was enough. Perhaps learning Sage magic from Gene when he's finished studying it himself would do so... and then there's Amy. Why don't we invite Master L and her up here?
>>
No. 179736 ID: 754d8d

We should really consider his reasons.
Zeroon is powerful, but we do not 'need' it. It simply makes things easier.

Cecil is a powerful, versatile spellcaster. He has been able to learn the basics to just about every form of magic he's come across within days. This is a sign that we need to return to developing Those talents.
People die. It's not a happy thing (most of the time) but it's a fact. A part of nature the living fear most of all. And one of the most unnatural things to recover from.
>>
No. 179746 ID: 701a19

>>179736
If it was unnatural to recover from death, why would a natural force like magic give us the power to do so? Even then, you can hardly say that Zeroon and others like it are affronts to the natural order, as it cannot itself reverse death or prevent a natural death.
You're looking for signs and portents in the acts of people? Then consider the significance of finding out that Dart isn't in control of himself, which was only and could only come from the seeing Amy alive.

Zeroon is a powerful tool, but you speak as if we see it as a hammer that turns the worlds to nails. That is laughably far from the truth; Cecil learned Soul magic within the past two days, he will be learning Sage magic today, he has been spending his free time learning new spells in the Alchemy, Wizard, and Soul circles. We have deferred the creation of new spells and circles of magic because he is already booked solid as far as learning magic goes.

Your complaints are lacking in both substance and support, and I scoff at the idea suggestion that we should weaken ourselves without due cause.
>>
No. 179747 ID: 701a19

>>179729
Being somebody that nobody wants to try to hold accountable. Including King Rai.
>>
No. 179764 ID: a594b9

Perhaps the best excuse we can give is that the Red Stone we have can be used for Zeroon without the loss of its soul.
>>
No. 179781 ID: 10d485

What's it take to craft new spells? Might have to look into making replacements. Either that or fuck the consequences. Or find a new base of operations in a different nation.
>>
No. 179783 ID: 1ac39d

basically, to be above the law you need to be powerful enough that no one want to mess with you so the 'above the law' status is more 'this person is so powerful that trying to arrest them is impossible'
>>
No. 179939 ID: cf68aa
File 127432521196.png - (25.26KB , 500x500 , 1026.png )
179939

"Banning Zeroon because people use Dark Mana to cast it is like banning box cutters because they can be used as a murder weapon. If they break the law by using Dark Mana, the additional charges don't mean much because they don't care about the jail time in the first place. Rai, have you ever done something you knew was wrong, but did it anyway because there were no costs that wouldn't pale in comparison to the consequences of not doing it? If they're desperate enough to use dark mana to cast Zeroon, then I doubt there's any punishment that would discourage them. Meanwhile? Some people will be going to jail for saving lives without using dark mana, and others will die because people won't risk jail time to help them. King Rai, banning these things wi-"

"Cecil."

>"Yes?"

He turns around and stares her in the eyes

"Know your place."

With an intense pressure Cecil is forced to her knees. She can't even lift up her head to look at Rai. She grabs at her neck as she feels the air being sucked out of her

"I am the King of all humans. How dare you tell me how to run my kingdom."

>"R-Rai..."

Alexis
"Rai stop it!"

Cecil feels the pressure vanish. She stands up again and Alex runs over to hold her

"If that is all you may leave."

>I keep forgetting... He may have been my teacher... But at no point was he ever my friend..
>>
No. 179941 ID: e31d52

>>179939
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

AND THIS IS WHY WE HAVE DEMOCRACY AND CHECKS AND BALANCES FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
>>
No. 179942 ID: 1ac39d

just leave. we'll figure something out.
>>
No. 179947 ID: 40cb26

>>179939
Cecil, do you think he should meet Amy and L? If so...

"There's also someone you should meet..."
@Master L and Amy
Could you two come up here and knock some sense into Rai? He is being unreasonable.
>>
No. 179959 ID: 1ac39d

>>179947
NO NO NO!! BAD MOVE!
>>
No. 179960 ID: a594b9

Out. Out we go.

We'll just make do with Major Heal.
>>
No. 179961 ID: 40cb26

>>179959
Well, that's why I'm asking him first... He will have to know eventually.

[Just to be clear, if Cecil doesn't agree then send no message to Amy and L]

Cecil, you know Gene is working on Lord Z's old books, and will teach you Sage magic. At that point you may well become Above The Law, making all this concern moot.
>>
No. 179963 ID: 4531bc

I've maintained from the beginning that Rai is evil. I continue to maintain this belief. How can you trust someone that glows red from time to time?
>>
No. 179967 ID: 40cb26

>>179963
>How can you trust someone that glows red from time to time?
Quiet you, or you'll hurt Orindea's feelings.
>>
No. 179984 ID: 701a19

>>179939
"If we joined the Royal Army Mages, would you see to it that our first assignment is eliminating Dart?"
>>
No. 179988 ID: cf68aa
File 127433037875.png - (24.68KB , 500x500 , 1027.png )
179988

>No.. I can't tell him about Amy. Not yet..

>"What if I join the Royal Army?"

"We're not recruiting at the moment. Goodbye Cecil"

After a few moments of awkward silence Cecil and Alex leave. Alex holds her hand as they step out of the castle and into the streets.

>Well there goes two of my most powerful spells.. Now what?
>>
No. 179989 ID: 1ac39d

let's just rejoin the group, maybe gene found a sage spell that works as good as zeroon, we'll check.

@gene: find anything good in there?
>>
No. 179990 ID: e31d52

>>179988
Looks like you have two options.

a) Manage without them or find other options.

b) Be an outlaw.
>>
No. 179993 ID: 701a19

>>179988
Three way marriage with Alex and Nari. Then you will be Prince(ess?) Cecil Von Central-Sils III, and exempt from Rai's law.

You gotta do what it takes, right?

Anyway, we can't worry about this now; you need to learn Sage magic, so we can spend some time figuring out a solution while you do that.
Oh, and once you've learned all the Sage magic? Craft a Sage Grimoire.

[Switch to RJ]
>>
No. 180000 ID: 40cb26

>>179988
Can the authorities know when you cast those spells, if someone doesn't actually see it happen? We're a bit unsure how strict and enforceable these laws are in practice. Let's just avoid using those spells especially where anyone can see.

Anyways, Gene is alive and well and researching Sage magic from Lord Z's books. When you learn that from him when you use it you'll be breaking the law anyway, but at that point you may very well be considered Above The Law. He'll probably take a while, but we can check on his progress now.

I suppose we could try and meet up with Gene, going to Fai now seems pointless since he's so dedicated to being neutral. We can always use teleport stones to visit other cities. We can continue our quest to deliver cell stones to important people much faster that way. What about Chel and Nari, they should visit with King Sils. Shouldn't take but a moment with the teleport stones.

@Gene
How long do you imagine it'll take before you have enough learned that you can teach? No rush, we're in Central just wondering if we should head your way now or meet with you later.

@Alex
Can you disconnect Rai's cell stone from our network, just in case he decides to spy on us with it or us it against us somehow? He's usually blocking us anyways so it won't make much difference on our part.
>>
No. 180003 ID: 701a19

>>180000
The primary reason we would want to go see Fai is to learn Glass magic.

@L:
Rai's a bit of an asshole, isn't he?
You're still above the law, right? You haven't lost too much power?
OH! Also! Who was Orindea?
>>
No. 180004 ID: 40cb26

>>180000
Just an edit, I want to see if Alex can isolate it temporarily, rather than take it offline permaently.

>>180003
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that
(...How do we know about that? Well I guess we saw some of it.)
>>
No. 180011 ID: cf68aa
File 127433240439.png - (20.50KB , 500x500 , 1028.png )
180011

>>180000

>That does seem like a good idea. And if I use the others teleportation stones I can go to multiple areas.

>I would still like to visit Fai though. Or maybe I can go to the Arena to meet Eronen.
>Without those spells I'll survive but only if I train more...

>Check on Gene for me okay?

>>180003
Master L
>Doubt it. In a fight I think I'd lose against Rai now. Any tough spells I cast will eat at whatever's left of my stone.
>Also no clue as to who the Orin dude is, sorry.

>>179989
----------------------------------
>>
No. 180012 ID: a594b9

>>180011
Ahh fuck

[cast Major Heal via the Red Stone]
>>
No. 180013 ID: 1ac39d

@Cecil: OH GOD! gene is in a really bad sort. we could link so he isn't dead but he is bleeding a lot.
>>
No. 180014 ID: 701a19

>>180011
FFFFFFFFFFFF

[Direct Cecil to Gene]
@Cecil:
Gene's dead, so we need healing and phoenix downs. I hope the book wasn't taken...
>>
No. 180016 ID: 701a19

>>180014
[If we are not being held by a party member, cast Sub 0 on them]
>>
No. 180017 ID: 1ac39d

>>180016
[agree, if we are on gene, heal. if on anyone else use sub zero.]
>>
No. 180023 ID: 701a19

>>180017
[Actually, Sub 0 everybody in the room. We can drag them to a healer and sort it out there.]
>>
No. 180027 ID: cf68aa
File 127433340073.png - (21.18KB , 500x500 , 1029.png )
180027

>>180014
>DEAD!? What!?

Cecil runs to try and reach Gene.
-----------------------------------------

>>180012
The spells works at 81% power. Some of Gene's wounds stitch together. He's still bleeding heavily but he regains concioness

>D-damn it... Can't die here... So close..

He tries to move but it only opens the giant hole in his chest and neck even further. He leans back and gasps for air.

>I won't leave this place alive... Voices.... Tell Cecil... I made a book.. It has Sage Spells...

He begins to lose consciousness

>Foreign literature.... On the Writing Desk....




>A Murder...
>>
No. 180028 ID: cf68aa
File 127433346285.png - (39.98KB , 400x300 , 1030.png )
180028

>>
No. 180034 ID: 701a19

>>180027
Yea, like THAT has ever stopped us before.
[Cast Sub 0 on Gene]

@I Shop: We're in central, and find ourselves suddenly needing items that cast Zeroon on the target.
>>
No. 180037 ID: 40cb26

>>180027
We'll bring you back as soon as we can. Godspeed, Gene.
>>
No. 180039 ID: cf68aa
File 127433484264.png - (7.63KB , 500x500 , 1031.png )
180039

--------------------------------------------
>>180034

The Red Stone casts Sub 0 at only 35% power. The magic is further reduced by Gene's Magic Cloak. Cecil rushes to where Gene is at. He opens the door and steps inside

Everything is destroyed. There is a large puddle of blood on the floor and more on the walls.

>>
No. 180040 ID: 1ac39d

he told us he made a book on sage at

>Foreign literature.On the Writing Desk.A Murder. go to that section of the library.
>>
No. 180041 ID: a594b9

>>180039
FFFFF

Find him with the Goldeon Watch! Who has it?
>>
No. 180046 ID: 701a19

>>180039
Take a sample of the blood, then check out the foreign literature on the writing desk.
Then look for the book.

So, it looks like Rai has been spying on us. He stole the body so we couldn't resurrect Gene, then banned Zeroon so we couldn't bring him back from blood.

Lets teach Chel and Nari wizard magic. As long as they are the ones to cast the spell, we can resurrect Gene from the blood sample outside of the human lands so that Rai has absolutely no for arrest.
Alternatively, marry Alex and Nari then zeroon Gene while outside of his sphere of influence.

@RJ: Could you check the locations of "Gene Nilremm" and "Geist"?
>>
No. 180050 ID: a594b9

>>180046
There's a problem with having someone else casting Zeroon. Like Rai said, people tended to drain all of their mana casting it, causing soul drain from random people and creating soulless.

The only vaguely safe way we have to cast Zeroon is via the Red Stone, and we saw that bringing someone back from a blood sample can cause trouble even then.

So, we no longer have that spell, at least... in human lands. Just deal with it.
>>
No. 180054 ID: 701a19

>>180050
I'm pretty certain that foiling a murder plot by finding a way to resurrect the victim IS 'dealing with it'.
At any rate, we need to find that book.
>>
No. 180055 ID: cf68aa
File 127433660579.png - (9.98KB , 400x400 , 1032.png )
180055

>>180040
>There's no book! There's not even a library! Or a writing desk!
---------------------------------------------

RJ

>'Old on.. Okay it's pointin west. Tha help?
>>
No. 180056 ID: 1ac39d

yes, west it is!
>>
No. 180058 ID: cf68aa
File 127433717810.png - (16.20KB , 500x500 , 1033.png )
180058

>>180056
Cecil runs west. She leaves Central City and finds herself in the plains.

There's someone else there. They're holding a human shaped icicle and walking away from central

>>
No. 180059 ID: 701a19

>>180055
There's no writing in the room at all?

@RJ Thanks. Could you check "Geist" next?

[Cast Will of the Kings through Gene's Cell Stone, and manifest through that]
>>
No. 180060 ID: 701a19

>>180058
[Cast Sub 0 on the figure]
>>
No. 180063 ID: 1ac39d

careful, they killed gene and we know how powerful he was.
>>
No. 180065 ID: a594b9

>>180058
Careful, if this guy managed to kill Gene we're in serious trouble! Make the first spell count. Of course, we don't know the situation very well so we shouldn't make it a lethal spell.

Freeze, Bind, or use Rune Thought on them.
>>
No. 180066 ID: cf68aa
File 127433778593.png - (26.89KB , 500x500 , 1034.png )
180066

Cecil pulls out her staff

>"Sub 0!"

The person quickly turns around and blocks the spell with the frozen figure in his hand.

"So rude. Kids these days don't know how to treat their elders."

>"!? Who are you!?"

"Now now, proper etiquette says you should always introduce yourself first."

>"Give me Gene!"

"Gene? Oh the chunk of ice in my hands..? Don't wanna."

>"Hand him over now."

"Make me."
>>
No. 180069 ID: 701a19

>>180066
Cecil, cast Nill to swap Gene's book on Sage magic for a normal Cell Stone. If you can't do that, then swap it for Gene.
[Cast Rune Thought on the enemy via the Red Stone]
[Cast Will of the Kings behind the enemy via the Red Stone]
>>
No. 180070 ID: e31d52

>>180066
"DAMMIT BITCH I DON'T GOT TIME FOR THIS SHIT"
>>
No. 180071 ID: a594b9

>>180066
Show him what you've got. Blast him with lightning while throwing up a Spike in the direction he dodges.
>>
No. 180072 ID: 40cb26

>>180066
Knock her forward with earth alchemy from her back, hopefully it'll unbalance her. Summon Will of the Kings to uneven the odds.

[Cast Rune Thought on her through Gene's Stone]

@Master L
Do you know where a library is around here? We need to find a book Gene wrote before someone else does. Look in the Foreign Literature section, for a Murder mystery book on a writing desk.
>>
No. 180075 ID: 701a19

>>180072
@Master L: Er.. I think the message meant that Gene was murdered, but we already knew that.

[Cast Ol Reth on the enemy]
[Cast Banish on the Shoujen or Shenjou curse the enemy is afflicted by]
>>
No. 180077 ID: 701a19

>>180075
>>180072
[VIA RED STONE]
>>
No. 180081 ID: cf68aa
File 127433918063.png - (27.38KB , 500x500 , 1035.png )
180081

>>180069
Cecil tries to cast Nil to gain the Sage Book
>"Nil!"

Nothing happens. The enemy drops Gene and backs away.

The Red Stone casts Rune Thought. The person loses their ability to use Dark Mana

It casts Will of the Kings. The Will appears for a moment but soon vanishes. the spell lacked the power to keep it in the material world.

Cecil casts lightning. As the person dodges it she follows up with a Earth Spike.
It strikes the person and sends them flying back.

He looks at Cecil and pulls out a glove with runes on it. He quickly puts it on.


"Thead!"

By pure luck Cecil dodges the spell

>Thead!

>If I hadn't dodged that..!
>>
No. 180083 ID: e31d52

>>180081
FUCKING GODDAMNIT JUST KILL HER

I DON'T CARE HOW
>>
No. 180093 ID: 701a19

>>180081
[Cast Ol Reth on the enemy via Red Stone]
[Cast Banish via Red Stone on the Shoujen, Shenjou, or other curse the enemy is afflicted by that wasn't placed by one of us.]
[Cast Miracle on Cecil via Red Stone.]

Cecil, if you can get a Disturb Mana off that would help a lot. Meanwhile, Soul Blade and Soul Shield, then a strong enough gravity spell to make them collapse to the ground.

@All: Cecil is fighting one of Dart's minions outside of town. We could use some flanking here.
>>
No. 180096 ID: a594b9

Gah, cast Rune Thought on them yourself. Our attempt fizzled.
>>
No. 180099 ID: 40cb26

>>180083
Bring up the earth in front of you, and cast Will of the Kings because apparently we suck at it.

And uh... try throwing your soulless at him!
>>
No. 180110 ID: 1ac39d

>>180099
that's a good one! let's see how he likes a face full of soul ripping.
>>
No. 180115 ID: 701a19

>>180099
Not the Child, though. That would hardly be effective in combat, let alone against a sociopath.
>>
No. 180119 ID: cf68aa
File 127434066697.png - (15.76KB , 500x500 , 1036.png )
180119

>"Rune Thought!"

"Rune Thought!"

Both Cecil and the person are hit by the spell. Cecil quickly makes a stone wall and hides behind it. Back in Central Alexis and Felix move out to join the fight.

>Damn it! There goes even more of my spells!
>>
No. 180121 ID: 701a19

>>180119
[Cast Petrify on the target via the Red Stone]
[Cast Banish on the Rune Thought affecting Cecil via the Red Stone]
>>
No. 180123 ID: 40cb26

>>180119
Throw your soulless! And if you can use your soul blades that will help.

[Use the Red Stone to cast Miracle on Cecil]
[Use the Red Stone to cast Blazen on Cecil]
>>
No. 180128 ID: 701a19

>>180123
Cast light on his eyes, then Debarrast him.
>>
No. 180134 ID: a594b9

Start casting spells using the wall for cover. Whatever element you're most skilled at. Ice, right?

Just keep him busy until we get some backup.
>>
No. 180145 ID: cf68aa
File 127434227723.png - (44.01KB , 500x500 , 1037.png )
180145

>>180123

The Red Stone casts Miracle then Blazen resulting in a more powerful Blazen!

[New Red Stone power acquired! Blessed Spell!]

Cecil is covered in flaming armor. She gets out from behind the stone wall.
All her fire spells are more powerful and she is immune to Ice Magic.


"What the hell!?"
>>
No. 180146 ID: a594b9

>>180145
BURNINATE THEM!
>>
No. 180147 ID: 40cb26

>>180145
Fuck YES! If you can make some burning soul blades that would be keen, if not just go in swinging.
>>
No. 180148 ID: 701a19

>>180145
Cast Fire on him!
[Cast Petrify on the target via the Red Stone]
>>
No. 180149 ID: 1ac39d

shoot fireballs!
>>
No. 180150 ID: 40cb26

I don't think Cecil can actually cast anything. Just kick his ass.
>>
No. 180151 ID: 1ac39d

i got it! use fire alchemy on the flames you are generating!
>>
No. 180153 ID: cf68aa
File 127434343626.png - (54.64KB , 600x600 , 1038.png )
180153

>>180147

Cecil uses her Soul Blades. They extend out and catch fire as well. She runs in and strikes at the Cerin Member. The person doges the first attack but a second swing cuts off their arm. The flames heat it to the point where the wounds don't even bleed. The person stumbles back.

"What the hell are you!?"
>>
No. 180154 ID: 40cb26

>>180153
"Mad."
Then cut him in half.
>>
No. 180155 ID: 1ac39d

"Cecil Von Central"
>>
No. 180156 ID: 701a19

>>180153
No words, just lop off their legs and remaining arm.
[Cast Blessed Sub 0 on target via Red Stone]
>>
No. 180157 ID: 40cb26

>>180155
No no no...

"Magi C!"
>>
No. 180158 ID: a594b9

>>180153
"Dart's regret."
>>
No. 180162 ID: cf68aa
File 127434487740.gif - (94.52KB , 450x450 , 1039.gif )
180162

>"Mad."

Cecil cuts the person in half. The person is dead before they even hit the ground. Soon the flames vanish

>That was a tough battle.. If not for this stone..
>>
No. 180163 ID: 1ac39d

well, when you get a chance tell her thanks, and use soul heal on it.
>>
No. 180164 ID: 701a19

>>180162
Ok, make sure that you didn't lose anything important while you were on fire.
Search the corpse first, and pile anything valuable or interesting away from the body. Then check the eyepatch.

After that, check this Cerin member for any booby-traps or failsafes. Once the others arrive we're going to drag him and Gene to the hospital, get them patched up, and resurrected.

However, Gene comes back first, and he drains this guy's mana. Then you resurrect and freeze so you can de-curse as needed.
>>
No. 180167 ID: 40cb26

>>180162
Yeah, but it is unreliable. Thankfully it seems we can cast a luck spell to boost it's effects. As long as we continue to soul heal it, it should never run out of energy either. By the way, the name of the persons soul in it is Orindea, and it does want to help us defeat Dart.

Check out Gene, defrost, heal, use a phoenix down and see if he has that book on him. You may not be able to cast yet and probably... lacking supplies, but Felix and Alex are on the way.

@Orindea
Not sure if you can hear us like this, but thanks for the help.
>>
No. 180169 ID: 1ac39d

yeah, make sure he doesn't have black hole stone thing like felix had. take everything and use detect magic if magic is still coming off him then something bust be inside.
>>
No. 180184 ID: a594b9

>>180162
Cecil, I want to say that you look AWESOME when Blazen is active. It's form-fitting. Very nice.

Is there any way to tell if he/she was afflicted with Shoujen or Shenjou or something? We need to find out if we should even bother resurrecting them, or if we should just burn the corpse so Dart can't bring them back.
>>
No. 180293 ID: 701a19

>>180162
@All:
The fight's over, but we still need to gather everything here and leave before Rai decides to confiscate it all - so, how about we head for Fai's mountain?

@L:
You might have some insight on this and you're an ally here, if not a friend:
Why the crap are all the powerful people we've met so completely off their rocker?
I'll just go down the list:
Dart gets a pass, because he's possessed by the demon - which, by the way, you saw the summoning circle for right outside Zerin's riddle puzzle.
Gawain insinuated that he was going to fillet Alex if she didn't join the Royal Army Mages.
King Sils has sharpened spikes for teeth; few kinds of people have sharpened teeth, and none of those are both sane and stable.
The Tigerkin leader is psychotic.
The Catkin leader is paranoid.
The I Shop owner is possibly the most reasonable of any of them, and he doesn't seem to care one way or the other about anything outside his business.
I don't know much of anything about Fai, aside from the fact that she's vicious when provoked.
Norar kidnapped a princess, soul petrified her, raped her repeatedly, and then planned to do the same to the resulting daughter that he tortured mercilessly - glad he's in jail.

That's not even mentioning King Rai, since we're pretty sure he's using the Cell Stones to spy on us.

At least our party's most powerful people aren't too bad:
Gene's an elitist jerk.
Felix is in recovery from major emotional trauma.
Alex is recovering from issues that we won't go into.
You have your own issues, but you seem a lot more sane and stable since your fight with Gaia.
Cecil's one of the most powerful of us, and he's kind and reasonable... but then again he has US.

So, why is it that great power brings great insanity?
>>
No. 180549 ID: 2bbc4f

@I Shop
I don't suppose you have any special robes or anything that keep Blazen from leaving you wearing nothing more than a few singed rags? I mean it's an awesome spell but damn.
>>
No. 180595 ID: cf68aa
File 127442134015.png - (11.51KB , 500x500 , 1040.png )
180595

>>180549
I Shop Owner
>That'll be G10,000 for the million degree suit.
-------------------------------------------------

>>180293
[You can't get into contact with Master L]

>>180169
Cecil checks the body. It doesn't seem to have an objects on it but it does seem to have a spell cast on it.. Cecil freezes the person and goes to examine Gene

>!? What the...

>His arms and legs are missing..
>>
No. 180602 ID: a594b9

>>180595
Keep him frozen. Backtrack and see if you can find his missing limbs. That would make healing easier.

Also, we can't contact Master L. That's bad.

@Everyone: Hey, anyone seen Master L?
>>
No. 180603 ID: 701a19

>>180595
Check the Red Cell Stone, then seal the spell on the corpse and see if you can tell what it is.
Forget Fai's mountain, we need to head for Dark Elf lands. Something's not right about this.
Oh, and L isn't responding.

@I Shop: Ah, that's a bit too steep for now. Maybe later.

@Amy: We're checking to see if you're ok. Think at us if you can hear us. Do it twice if L's in trouble.
>>
No. 180606 ID: e31d52

I know this is all a very serious moment here, but Cecil try not to think about how you're probably naked right outside a city.
>>
No. 180613 ID: 2bbc4f

>>180595
Easier to carry that way, I guess. Assholes, can't just disable and kidnap like a sane villain would. I don't suppose Major Heal can handle all that damage?

@I Shop
That much huh? How much for a million degree bag to hold important stuff in?

...Maybe we can get by having Cecil disrobe before use. Not that we're being cheap about it but it sounds so much more entertaini-I mean, efficient!

@Amy RJ, Chel, and Nari
Hey is L with any of you? Are you guys in trouble? I hope you guys are ok I really don't want things getting any worse...

Try to stay grouped together and be careful, the Cerin are on the move and who knows what else is going on. If you get in trouble use your teleport stones to head to the Dark Elf kingdom.
>>
No. 180616 ID: cf68aa
File 127442254251.png - (22.69KB , 500x500 , 1041.png )
180616

I Shop Owner
>I do have a flameproof bag for only G120.
-----------------------------------------

Cecil takes the body of Gene and the Cerin and begins her walk back to central. The others begin looking for Master L.
----------------------------------
Nari

>Hey! I found a letter from L! And it has two Cell Stones on it.
>>
No. 180624 ID: 701a19

>>180616
Cecil, go around and collect blood samples from everybody. We're starting up a Life Assurance Agency, and party members get free rides.

After you seal and identify the spell on the corpse.

@All: Ok, L and Amy appear seem to be eloping.

@Whoever has the Goldeon watch: Couldja check Amy Sky's location? I'd like to make sure this isn't a ruse.

@I Shop: We'll take that. Also, if you have a similarly priced crushproof bag we'll take that as well.
>>
No. 180625 ID: 2bbc4f

>>180616
...Yeah they deserve a bit of time to themselves. Wish they'd kept the stones but whatever, we'll catch them later.

Cecil, if we turn the Cerin over to the guard, do you think they'd take care of Gene for us? They can still cast Zeroon right? I just don't want to get in even more trouble with the king,
and if Gene has anything on him suggesting illegal magic it may not be worth it.

Actually forget that. Get both those icicles somewhere safe with the rest of our group, and change your clothes. Now onto the next issue: We need to find Gene's book. It wasn't on Gene so we need to check around. His last words suggested the library, so let's get over there.

You should be able to find it yourself, I'd rather the rest keep together to watch each other.

Also, who has the Dagger right now?
>>
No. 180628 ID: 701a19

>>180625
No, I don't think we should trust King Rai, and certainly not with anything having to do with Dart.
We need to get this guy out of Rai's reach, so I suggest we have Alex transport these two, Chel, and Nari to the Dark Elf settlement. Once there they can pick up Wolfric's body (And some cash, I think) before continuing on to the capital.
>>
No. 180656 ID: cf68aa
File 127442764618.png - (12.40KB , 500x332 , 1042.png )
180656

The Goldeon Watch points NE when asked about Amy. Cecil drops the bodies in her room and goes to the library. She examines the shelves

>I still have the Goldeon Knife.

>hm... There's not a single book on any writing desk here. Was there anything more to his message?
>>
No. 180657 ID: 1ac39d

he said exactly this:
>D-damn it... Can't die here... So close..
>I won't leave this place alive... Voices.... Tell Cecil... I made a book.. It has Sage Spells...
>Foreign literature.... On the Writing Desk....
>A Murder...
try looking for secret passages.
>>
No. 180660 ID: 701a19

>>180656
Go to the foreign literature section, find the writing desk there, and cut into the top of it with the dagger.
>>
No. 180665 ID: 1ac39d

maybe it's in the dark-world library? another thing to try is see if we can get the watch to find 'gene's arm' or something.
>>
No. 180668 ID: 701a19

>>180660
[Check Red Stone status]
Actually, detect magic. If Gene used magic to hide it then there should be some signs of it.
>>
No. 180671 ID: cf68aa
File 127442962355.png - (12.84KB , 500x500 , 1043.png )
180671

>>180657
>there are none that I can see..

>>180660
>That'd be against the law. The desks are thin though and there's nothing underneath any of them.

>>180668
Cecil casts Detect Magic. Nothing happens.

>I guess it really is just hidden among the hundreds of tomes here.

She looks at more of the books. She can't read any of the books spines.
>>
No. 180673 ID: 701a19

>>180671
Wait, maybe we're over thinking this.
Look for a book named "On the writing desk" in the foreign lit section.
>>
No. 180676 ID: a594b9

Hrmm. A Murder? A murder of crows?

A writing desk.

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Alice in Wonderland is pretty foreign literature I think.
>>
No. 180679 ID: 701a19

Yea, we're not having much luck here.
Thaw out Gene, heal the fatal wounds, resurrect him, and have him show us where it is.
Then freeze him again so he doesn't have to suffer while waiting to get to a healer.
>>
No. 180682 ID: cf68aa
File 127443075240.png - (19.43KB , 500x500 , 1044.png )
180682

>>180679
>Yes.. This may be the best opti-

>>180676
>Alice in Wonderland? Never heard of it...

Cecil looks around. Near the back there is a small section of books written in common. She scans through them and finds a old tattered book 'Alice in Wonderland.' She opens it.

There is a smaller book within it.


>>
No. 180683 ID: a594b9

>>180682
That's our prize. Don't let anyone see the smaller book. Just buy the fake one while the small one is in it.
>>
No. 180684 ID: 701a19

>>180682
Ok, take it and go. Grab everybody and everything and get out of Central. Head for the Dark Elf settlement so you can grab Wolfric, then head on over to the Dark Elf capital.
We've got a lot of work to do.

[Check the status of the Red Stone already!]
>>
No. 180685 ID: a594b9

Hey we need some money. Check for job openings.
>>
No. 180687 ID: 1ac39d

>>180685
not in central. we are finished here, i admit it's partially so we can get away from rai.
>>
No. 180689 ID: 701a19

>>180684
Oh, and the girl in the box. We need to find a way to fix her.
>>
No. 180690 ID: 701a19

(Because it came up on IRC)
@I Shop: Out of curiosity, where do you get your stock? Do you make it yourself?
>>
No. 180691 ID: cf68aa
File 127443339195.png - (17.39KB , 586x606 , 1045.png )
180691

>>180690

I Shop Owner
>I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Hehehe....
--------------------------------------------

Cecil and the party pack up and head off to the Dark Elf Settlement. Alex and Cecil take turns using Move Earth. As they travel they talk about the recent events like Amy and Master L leaving as well as the odd decisions King Rai has been making. The others begin to fall asleep. They reach Resad first and decide to call it a night
RJ helps to rent out rooms for everyone. There are three rooms in the same floor and everyone is sleeping with the usual person.
Cecil tells Alex that she'll be stepping out to look for work. Alex kisses her and wishes her good luck. Cecil can't help but notice that every once in a while Alex will rub her left arm.
She makes her way to the place where she first picked her job


>Man.. This brings back memories. This is where I first met RJ and the I Shop owner. It's because of this place I solved a blood feud.

>I even got my first bra here.

>Anyway the jobs available are 'Helping to find a lost child' 'Healing someone from an unkown illness' and lastly 'Finding the Clear Stone'.
>>
No. 180694 ID: 701a19

>>180691
Find the lost child: Get their full name and use the watch. Should be easy money.
Heal the person: Find out where they are.
Clear Stone: Find out more about it. If we stumble across it, we can turn it in.
Also, read the dragonslaying one anyway
>>
No. 180695 ID: cf68aa
File 127443428925.png - (16.89KB , 500x500 , 1046.png )
180695

>>180694
>Agreed. The first one will be easy enough. The second one.. The person won't come here again until tomorrow so that will have to wait. as or the third one I'll see if I can get more info on it.

Cecil waits until the person who put up the poster comes back. Her employer seems to be a very distraught mother. She explains that her daughter went missing a week ago. When asked for a name she says it is Tal Resad. Cecil nods and says that she will do her best to find the mothers child.
She asks the watch where Tal Resad is. It points out into the woods. Cecil follows the path.


>Hmm? Someone set up a camp here. There's a fire going on and I can hear some noise up ahead..
>>
No. 180696 ID: a594b9

>>180695
Eavesdrop.
>>
No. 180697 ID: 701a19

>>180695
Walk into camp and say "Hi, stranger! Got room for one more?"
>>
No. 180698 ID: cf68aa
File 127443466717.png - (16.88KB , 500x500 , 1047.png )
180698

>>180696
Cecil tries to eavesdrop but can not understand what is being said. She can identify two male voices but not their species or what language this is.

Soon it is silent except for a roaring fire and the sound of boiling water.

>>
No. 180699 ID: 701a19

>>180698
Freeze them both, then check the tent.
>>
No. 180700 ID: a594b9

>>180698
[cast Rune Speak via the Red Stone]
>>
No. 180702 ID: cf68aa
File 127443510235.png - (18.74KB , 500x500 , 1048.png )
180702

>>180700

The spell is cast at 81% power

"%^$(IGS)#$%o is it done yet?"

"Just about. Let it broil a bit longer"

"Gah.. I'm starving."

"We need to make this last. Who know when out next meal may be. Besides at her condition we may need to hunt again."
>>
No. 180703 ID: 701a19

>>180702
Keep listening.

Alternatively, pull your cloak up over your eyes, sketch an above the law symbol on it, walk into camp, and say "Did I hear you need some healing, stranger?"
>>
No. 180704 ID: a594b9

>>180702
Sounds like they're two rather poor folk, if they can't be sure where their next meal is coming from... but are they taking care of the kid, or is this a kidnapping?

>>180703
Oh that would be great if it works, but I worry about using that symbol without having earned it. Surely people get in trouble for faking that sort of thing?

We should attempt to talk to them at any rate.
>>
No. 180729 ID: 67c611

Walk into camp and say "I overheard your conversation. I have a habit of getting involved in things that aren't my business."

Watch how they react. If they are friendly then it's likely nothing bad. If they act defensive or angry ask why they would be doing something like that. Don't specify that you don't know what it is. They think you've been listening for longer than you have.

[I heard something in irc about a rewind spell. Would that allow you to go back a few dozen seconds to let you hear more of the conversation? You could always wait around longer to accomplish the same thing.]
>>
No. 180741 ID: 701a19

>>180704
Cecil would know about the proper usage of the symbol.
However, it doesn't really matter. If they're friendly and in need of help, they won't report it. If they're unfriendly they won't live to report it.
>>
No. 180768 ID: 1ac39d

>>180741
using it without permission may cause knights to be teleported to your location. let's not risk it.
>>
No. 180782 ID: 72cd90

>>180702
We need to get a look to see what is really going on. Sneak around the trees just enough so you can see.

>>180729
(We don't actually have that spell available to us, we pulled in a favor from the I Shop when we screwed up really badly. He isn't likely to do it again without a damn good reason.)
>>
No. 180794 ID: 701a19

>>180768
Really. A symbol that says "Fuck the law! I will kill anybody who so much as glares at me funny!" is going to be regulated by sending knights out to try and kill whoever is using it?
Rai's reasoning for his laws are shoddy at best, but that would just go all the way to moronic.

Aside from that, Cecil dueled Gawain to a standstill for half an hour before he ran out of mana, and Cecil is at least an order of magnitude more capable than when we started. Gawain certainly remembers that battle, since he froze up once Alex identified Cecil for him.

Know what? This argument is stupid.
Hey, Cecil, how does the Above the Law mark work? Is it a crime to use it?
>>
No. 180806 ID: 1ac39d

>>180794
i mean, using it without making it official. cause then a normal person could bully people by saying they are more powerful then they really are.
>>
No. 180814 ID: 701a19

>>180806
Yes, and get arrested for it.
>>
No. 180822 ID: e3f578

Wait, your in Dark Elf territory. The Dark Elf King is above the law. Ask him if you may cast Zeroon to save lives while you're in his territory. Zeroon is cast-able outside of Rai's jurisdiction to avoid getting busted for it.
>>
No. 180823 ID: 1ac39d

>>180822
not quite, the other groups abide by rai's laws. chel and nari would be able to because they are royal.
>>
No. 180828 ID: 701a19

>>180822
Resad is a human city, and they're not that far outside it.
>>
No. 180835 ID: e3f578

Well, fuck, go rent a ship and anytime we want to use a Zeroon spell, subzero and bring the remains to the ship, go out into international seas and cast the spell. Or go into Demon or Merpeople territory.
>>
No. 180836 ID: 72cd90

Oh for the love of... ok gonna settle this.

@I Shop
Hey, got a couple questions about this "Above The Law" thing. Clearly acting like you are when you aren't is asking from trouble, but what about say putting on that symbol as a ruse against some brigands off in the woods? There isn't some kind of magical detection around to alert the authorities or bore a hole on our head over it? I guess we could ask the same thing about using banned spells, for that matter.

And I know you may not answer this but what does it take to qualify for that for real? Is it granted by the king, is it something you assume then beat up anyone who disagrees, or are there specific qualifications?
>>
No. 180853 ID: e9a4f7
File 12744751041.png - (139.29KB , 500x500 , 1049.png )
180853

>>180836
>You can wear it all you want but those of us that wear it ow take it seriously. May even challenge ya to a duel.

>The only requirement is to be powerful. It's not something that is given away. you wear it when you feel like you can handle it.
-----------------------------------------
>>180703
>If you mean for me to pretend to be the I Shop owner I'm not sure I can pull that off. His voice is... Unique.

>I'll just keep listening for now...

"How's she holding up?"

"Probably good for one more that's it. There's not much left we can take"

"Fine.. Tomorrow we'll go back into Resad."

"No. It'd be risky to go back so soon..."

Cecil can smell stew.
>>
No. 180863 ID: 72cd90

>>180853
>"Probably good for one more that's it. There's not much left we can take"
...Cecil, they are removing parts of this girl and cooking them. You are going to sneak up on these fuckers, and you are going to kill them.
>>
No. 180871 ID: 1ac39d

shit... i think it's rather clear now that those guys are crazy fuckers, eating people is just... damn.
>>
No. 180893 ID: 701a19

>>180853
Their conversation is too ambiguous. Forget any facade, just freeze them and search for the girl.
>>
No. 180903 ID: 701a19

>>180893
Alternatively? Strip naked, cast Blazen, walk into camp, and ask "Are you a god?".
When they respond, say "Then DIE!" and slash them in half with burning soul blades.

Obviously, freezing them is a much better tactic.
>>
No. 181278 ID: cf68aa
File 127454961851.png - (15.65KB , 500x500 , 1050.png )
181278

>>180893

Cecil jumps out and cast Sub 0 on the people talking. It hits them and then just vanishes.

The one not eating speaks up


"Rem, do you see what I see?"

"A human wizard trying to fight demons using magic?"

"Close. No, I see out next meal."

they stand up and rush at Cecil
>>
No. 181282 ID: 701a19

>>181278
[Cast Ol Reth on one of the demons via the Red Stone]
[Cast Holy on the other demon via the Red Stone]
Say, if they aren't flesh then shouldn't the dagger be able to cut them?
From what you know about demons, would it be unwise to use Soul Blades? If not, go nuts!

Oh, and it goes without saying you shouldn't let them touch you.

@All: We found the missing girl, and she's being eaten by two demons. Care to help?
>>
No. 181285 ID: 3afd1f

>>181278
We can't use magic at all?!

No, that can't be right. We've only witnessed the effect of Elemental magic against them. Use Soul Blade! Or Alchemy. Keep away with them using Wind Walk. We'll send some Light magic their way to see if they've got some vulnerability to that.

[cast Blessed Holy on the demons via Red Stone]
>>
No. 181293 ID: cf68aa
File 127455236852.png - (26.84KB , 600x600 , 1051.png )
181293

Cecil tries to cast with the red stone. Nothing happens! The closer Demon runs at him and tries to bite her. She quickly makes a Soul Blade and slashes at the Demon. Whatever seems to be holding him together seems to be split. The darkness surrounding him vanishes

"He has soul magic! The human has soul magic!"

Cecil goes in for another slash. Both the demons retreat.
>>
No. 181294 ID: cf68aa
File 127455241311.png - (17.10KB , 600x600 , 1052.png )
181294

One of them rips into the sky. A bright red light can be seen and they begin to step in. Cecil runs at them but one of them raises a hand at him

"I'd focus more on the girl we have. don't you agree?"

They step through the tear and it vanishes.
>>
No. 181297 ID: 3afd1f

>>181294
Check on the girl. I fully expect her to be missing limbs.
>>
No. 181299 ID: 701a19

>>181297
Yea, go check on the girl. She's going to be in bad shape, so use LEGAL healing spells to stabilize her.
We're going to bring her back to town and tell them what happened, although depending on her injuries we may have to offer to take her to Dark Elf lands for healing.
>>
No. 181301 ID: 3afd1f

I wonder if the Royal Army has hospitals? Like, a place where there are doctors authorized to use Zeroon?
>>
No. 181302 ID: 701a19

>>181301
That's a good point. Hey, Cecil, are there healers that are still allowed to use Zeroon?
>>
No. 181307 ID: cf68aa
File 127455523416.png - (18.20KB , 600x600 , 1053.png )
181307

>>181297

Cecil goes into the tent. She falls back out and nearly throws up.

>"Oh god..."

The child is missing all her limbs and tail. She has bandages covering her eye, or, what's left of them.

Cecil tries to steady herself when she catches the scent of the stew cooking. Now that she knows what's in there it becomes to much for her. She leans against a tree and throws up.

She tries to regain her composure when she hears something.

A soft cry.
The girl is awake.

>>
No. 181311 ID: 701a19

>>181307
Tell her she's safe now and you're taking her home, heal her as best you can without Zeroon, hug her tight, then freeze her.

@I Shop:
Ah, so you're a demon? I'm a bit confused, is Dracrindo the name of the dark world, or the demon world?
Oh, and did that battle or whatever turn out ok?
Also, is there any chance we could buy bodyparts of Laura Winselm and/or Zerin Aussa from you?
>>
No. 181318 ID: d46889

Perhaps see if hospitals take contract work. Then, you'd technically be working within the system, if only for that one job.

Useful for situations like this.
>>
No. 181326 ID: 1ac39d

yeah, do something to seal her wounds and tell the mother about the catfolk healers.
>>
No. 181329 ID: 1ac39d

>>181311
why would you think he would just happens to have bodyparts?
>>
No. 181333 ID: 701a19

>>181329
I never said he has them in stock, but he might be able to get them.
>>
No. 181383 ID: cf68aa
File 127456893863.png - (23.29KB , 800x600 , 1054.png )
181383

>>181311
I Shop Owner
>To time for chitchat stranger...
------------------------------------

Cecil does her best to patch up the girl. She dresses her wounds and gently picks her up. As she turns to leave the small camp she notices a small red dot hanging in the air.
It suddenly tears open.
All around her there is a red space with dozens of eyes glaring at her. She holds the child closer.

>>
No. 181384 ID: 701a19

>>181383
Cut the tear in half with the dagger, then walk away.
Alternatively, make a cutting motion across the gap with the flat of the goldeon blade.
>>
No. 181385 ID: 1ac39d

>>181384
yes, cut the tear with the golden dagger.
>>
No. 181389 ID: 3afd1f

>>181383
"What the hell do you want? You want to fight? Go find prey somewhere else. Unless you want a Soul Blade in the face too."
>>
No. 181398 ID: 3afd1f

>>181384
Oooh, instead of the flat, how about the dull edge? It's a one-edged blade after all.
>>
No. 181418 ID: 701a19

>>181398
That's actually what I meant, but my brain isn't doing quite so well right now. ^^;;
>>
No. 181496 ID: a85626

Suddenly the sky got this huge gash in it! And it opened up really fucking wide!
>>
No. 181584 ID: cf68aa
File 127458969777.png - (25.20KB , 500x500 , 1055.png )
181584

Cecil tries to use the blunt end of the blade to close the portal.

Nothing happens.

Suddenly she feels one of their claws entering her head, then she feels something being pulled from her.

The world goes cold and she begins to lose her sense of self.

>>
No. 181585 ID: 3afd1f

>>181584
Teleport stone! Use it! Now!
>>
No. 181597 ID: cf68aa
File 127459081986.png - (2.48KB , 600x600 , 1056.png )
181597

Cecil grabs the Teleport stone.

She gives it no direction, only that she needs to leave.

She feels herself being pulled away

>>
No. 181598 ID: cf68aa
File 12745914974.png - (30.59KB , 600x600 , 1057.png )
181598

She wakes up sometime later.

>...? What happened...?

She's laying on soft grass and her arm is dipped in nice cool water.
>>
No. 181599 ID: 1ac39d

at least your soul is all in one piece. may have blacked out from it being pulled out a little.
>>
No. 181600 ID: 3afd1f

>>181598
Looks like Demons can steal souls just like Soulless can. You teleported away without a destination in mind. Whoopsie!

Look around and see if the girl's okay. Then figure out where you are.
>>
No. 181602 ID: 701a19

>>181598
Demon tried to steal your soul, you teleported away, you blacked out, and somebody saved you.
Where's the girl?
>>
No. 181604 ID: 1ac39d

also hopefully they realized you were saving her and not the one who hurt her.
>>
No. 181609 ID: cf68aa
File 127459230377.png - (19.26KB , 500x500 , 1058.png )
181609

>>181600
>...
>!!! The girl!

She looks around and is about to get up when she hears a soft voice.

"Please don't move..."

Cecil looks to her left and sees a mermaid looking at her from the edge of the lake.

"You're not fully healed yet."

>"Fully healed...? What happened? Did you see a small girl..?"

"You were laying outside and I'm afraid a croc got to you. We managed to rescue most of you but some parts were missing. They are being healed right now. Moving messes up the process. The girl who was with you is being healed as well."
>>
No. 181611 ID: 1ac39d

sigh in relief and tell her... him? you are glad.
>>
No. 181613 ID: 3afd1f

>>181609
Oh wow, thank her and be still. Also, tell her about RJ. We're curious as to what else she might be able to do, aside from spontaneously grow gills under water and a small tail.
>>
No. 181614 ID: 701a19

>>181609
Thank her, ask where you are, and ask if they have the stuff you were carrying.

@I Shop: Did everything turn out ok?
>>
No. 181629 ID: a85626

>>181613

Yeah because RJ's personal life is just an open fucking book now isn't it.

:]

>>181609

You just slept through a crocodile attack. Bravo! Don't move your arm.
>>
No. 181632 ID: 701a19

>>181629
Agreed. RJ's life should be private until RJ herself wants to reveal it.

Cecil, can King Rai arrest you for casting illegal spells outside of human lands? In other words, if you cast Zeroon on yourself and the girl right now, and he found out, would he be able to do anything about it?
Granted, if he didn't notice Gene wielding illegal magic just outside the city gates then he's not going to notice it this far away without spying on you directly, but it's better to stay within the law as much as possible.
>>
No. 181640 ID: cf68aa
File 127459556016.png - (25.19KB , 500x500 , 1059.png )
181640

>"Thank you so much. I owe you"

"It was nothing.. Now please, relax and heal your wounds..."

>"Okay.. Uhm.."

"Yes?"

>"Do you know someone named Rebecca Joslyn?"

"Joslyn? Hmm.. Oh!"

The merfolk leans out of the water. The lack of breast possiblt indicate that he is male but Cecil does not know enough about merfolk to tell if this is normal.

"Miss Joslyn is in the east pool! I remember meeting her last time we all got together."

>"Thank you. Where is the girl?"

"She is soaking in the healing pools. One of our healers is treating her"
>>
No. 181644 ID: 701a19

>>181640
Ok. You relax and take a nap while we go check on the others.

@All: Could everybody please report in?

@I Shop: Are you ok?

[Switch to RJ]

Hey, RJ. What's going on?
>>
No. 181655 ID: 1ac39d

add on that we are at the mermaid lakes and if someone could get in touch with the person who put out the lost child form to let her know that she is safe, if far away.
>>
No. 181657 ID: cf68aa
File 127459767564.png - (52.45KB , 1444x1105 , 1060.png )
181657

[The Cell Stones can not reach anyone within the party]
>>
No. 181665 ID: 1ac39d

well chill and mingle with the mermaid until you can move. and maybe ask if there is anyway of telling male and female merpeople apart, other then the obvious...
>>
No. 181666 ID: 701a19

>>181657
Huh. Well, we'll be able to get in touch with them if they move on to the settlement.

Anyway, tell her you have healing magic, so now that you're awake you can heal yourself. Only use Zeroon if you need to, though.
Ask to see Miss Joslyn.
Oh, also, where is your stuff? And do you have the watch?
>>
No. 181671 ID: cf68aa
File 127459874998.png - (13.39KB , 500x500 , 1061.png )
181671

>>181666
>None of my things are on me. I can sense my staff a few feet away though..

>>181665
>"Thank you again. Uhm.. I don't mean to be rude but I really don't know much about your people. how do I tell girls and boys apart?"

"Well.. You could.. Look 'down there'..."

>"Ah, of course"

>that answers nothing..

>"Uhm.. May I see Miss Joslyn?"

"Miss Joslyn? Sure, I'll get her over here in a bit. You should be fully healed by then."

The meremaid dips underwater and leaves
>>
No. 181672 ID: 1ac39d

well, let's chill and figure out what you need to do after this. should probably bring the girl back to her mom, hopefully the demons gave up after you ported. how long you think it take to get there?
>>
No. 181674 ID: 701a19

>>181671
Relax and take a deep breath. Just wait for her.

So, have you read that book on creating new spells and circles of magic?
Well, for an easy start how about you try combining spells on your own? Miracle+Rune Thought might be able to completely shut magic down. Miracle+Zeroon might be able to heal with less mana, or at least be much more likely to stabilize the person.
>>
No. 181684 ID: cf68aa
File 127460105117.png - (14.05KB , 400x400 , 1062.png )
181684

>>181672
>I can teleport back using the stone. I think the demons should be gone by now. I hope..

>>181674
>With all that's been happening I haven't been able to sit down and read..

>I really want to just..

>I...

>zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
No. 181685 ID: cf68aa
File 127460118315.png - (20.70KB , 415x391 , 1063.png )
181685

She wakes up to the sound of someone sitting next to her. She turns to see a merfolk sitting beside her.

"You're of the Von Central right? I can sense it within you. Your father was one of our dearest friends."

>"My father...?"

"Yes. He is still sung about to this day."

>"Who are you?"

"I am Sem Joslyn."
>>
No. 181686 ID: 1ac39d

oh hey, it's RJ's mom. tell her about RJ.
>>
No. 181690 ID: 701a19

>>181685
"Nice to meet you, Sem. I wanted to talk with you because one of my friends is a quarter merfolk, and her name is Rebecca Joslyn. Have you had any half-human children? What are their names?"
>>
No. 182113 ID: cf68aa
File 127467557170.png - (19.33KB , 415x391 , 1064.png )
182113

>"Nice to meet you, Sem. I wanted to talk with you because one of my friends is a quarter merfolk, and her name is Rebecca Joslyn. Have you had any half-human children? What are their names?"

"I'm half mermaid... And yes, I had a child.."

She seems sort of upset. Like she's wondering where this is going...
>>
No. 182115 ID: 1ac39d

well.... i think RJ may be your kid.
>>
No. 182117 ID: 3afd1f

>>182113
"Did I say something wrong? I just thought it might be nice to reunite her with her family."
>>
No. 182118 ID: 701a19

>>182113
"She's fine, I've just been trying to find out if she has any living relatives for her. ... Is... something wrong?"
>>
No. 182130 ID: cf68aa
File 127467690411.png - (26.21KB , 500x486 , 1065.png )
182130

>"Did I say something wrong? I just thought it might be nice to reunite her with her family."

"SHE'S HERE!?"

Sem falls back. Cecil can see two fully formed legs and a tail.

She can also see that Sem is pregnant.


>"Is something wrong?"

"Why is she here!? Did yo-"

>"No! She's not here."

Sem seems to calm a bit.

>"What's wrong with her being around? Don't you want to see her?"

"No.. It's okay. I apologize for the outburst."
>>
No. 182136 ID: 3afd1f

>>182130
"I'm confused."
>>
No. 182137 ID: 701a19

>>182130
"No, I'm only here because of a mishap while rescuing a little girl from some demons near Resad. RJ is waiting in the city.
What's wrong? Why are you so afraid? She doesn't hate you or anything, she just regrets not having a family.
Or is it something about her father?

Should we start from the beginning?"
>>
No. 182138 ID: 1ac39d

>>182137
this looks perfect
>>
No. 182143 ID: cf68aa
File 127467834581.png - (26.66KB , 500x486 , 1066.png )
182143

>>182137
>"No, I'm only here because of a mishap while rescuing a little girl from some demons near Resad. RJ is waiting in the city. What's wrong? Why are you so afraid? She doesn't hate you or anything, she just regrets not having a family. Or is it something about her father? Should we start from the beginning?"

"I... I'm not sure I should talk about it..."
>>
No. 182145 ID: 3afd1f

>>182143
"I don't want to get you in trouble. You should make sure it's okay first."
>>
No. 182148 ID: 701a19

>>182143
"Should? What's wrong? Oh, here, this will make it easier."
Craft a cell stone and hand it to her.

[Switch to Sem]

You don't need to talk, just think your answer to us.
RJ may be physically fine, but her biggest lament is not having a family. If you can tell us what you're afraid of then we or one of our allies can protect you.
>>
No. 182150 ID: 1ac39d

well, if you told me then i would be able to tell her why, that should make her feel better.
>>
No. 182173 ID: cf68aa
File 127468278051.png - (31.17KB , 500x500 , 1067.png )
182173

>>182148
>I can't make these things..

>"well, if you told me then i would be able to tell her why, that should make her feel better."

".. I can't say it.. Let me show you."

She gently holds onto Cecil's head. Images pour into her mind.

She can see a dark man. She can sense the fear the man brings.

She can see a small baby.

She sees Dart.

The connection is lifted.

>>
No. 182178 ID: 701a19

>>182173
Then get one from your gear!
We need more details on this.
"That was... Confusing.
I don't understand your fear, though. Why are you so scared to speak of it?"

[Switch to Dart if possible]
>>
No. 182180 ID: 1ac39d

we are on a quest to destroy dart, if he is what is scaring you then it would be simple, if it's the dark man even more simple.
>>
No. 182181 ID: 701a19

>>182180
Don't say that until we have a secure channel. She's scared, and we don't want her to think we have loose lips.
Also, the best guess for 'dark man' is a demon of some kind, although I'm not sure if it's independent of Dart or not.
>>
No. 182182 ID: 1ac39d

>>182181
oh, good point. yes if we detect he is out of range then say that.
>>
No. 182183 ID: 701a19

>>182182
Still no. We have the Cell Stones L and Amy left behind, and that provides us with a channel so she can speak freely.
She might be afraid of people HERE hearing, after all.
>>
No. 182193 ID: cf68aa
File 127468552914.png - (35.29KB , 500x500 , 1068.png )
182193

>>182183
>I don't have those either.. Alexis has them.

>"I don't get it. What does it all mean?"

Sem looks at her sadly then touches her again

She sees the man.
The Man offers gifts at first. He wants to know things. Bad things.
He wants to see the potential halves have.
He says He will give them riches.
They say no to The Man.
He doesn't smile anymore. He forces them now. They can't fight back
Rebecca was a failure. No potential. Thrown away.
Sad.
She was left with treasure. a hat. And love.
The Man keeps coming back.

She takes her hands off Cecil.
Cecil can feel herself crying

>>
No. 182196 ID: 701a19

>>182193
I know you have at least one Cell Stone with you, and it looks like she can't talk because she and her people are in danger. I think The Man might be the demon controlling Dart, so he might have forced them to breed.
Take whatever Cell Stone you have and hand it to her. We NEED a secure channel at this point.
>>
No. 182197 ID: 1ac39d

let us fight the man. he will learn of the might of the von central line.
>>
No. 182201 ID: 701a19

>>182197
Oh? And if The Man is the demon controlling Dart? Or the I Shop owner? Or the king of the dark world?

Cecil's pretty powerful, but he's still small-time.

Cecil, while you're here look into learning Song magic. Who knows, it might even work.
>>
No. 182207 ID: cf68aa
File 127468767359.png - (23.19KB , 500x500 , 1069.png )
182207

>"Please, take this."

Cecil hands her her Cell Stone
------------------------------------

>...
>Hello?
>>
No. 182209 ID: 701a19

>>182207
Hello. This is a secure method of communication, so you don't need to speak out loud or fear somebody listening in.
What can you tell us about The Man? Which race was he? Do you know his name or alias?
How is Dart involved in this?
What do you know about RJ's hat? What did you mean by "treasure and love"?
Which person is RJ's father? Dart? The Man? Somebody else?
One of these?
[Show her images of every Above the Law person we have seen]

Did anybody here birth a half-something child named Mizuno?
The visions were useful, but not very clear.

Is The Man still visiting? Would you oppose us asking our allies to protect you from him and his minions?
Would you like to go meet RJ if we found a way to ensure your safety?
>>
No. 182210 ID: 1ac39d

>>182209
... i think that covers everything.
>>
No. 182215 ID: cf68aa
File 127468967776.png - (21.05KB , 500x500 , 1070.png )
182215

>>182209
>Oh my. So many questions. I'll try my best to answer all of them. this is a voice in my head right? Good.

What can you tell us about The Man? Which race was he? Do you know his name or alias?
>I believe he is human.I am not certain about this.

How is Dart involved in this?
>He sometimes comes and takes the ones that are gifted. We've lost many of our children this way...

What do you know about RJ's hat? What did you mean by "treasure and love"?
>Her hat was something we found many years ago. Rebecca was my first child and the first one to be born from this experiment. We all loved her so much.. That was all we could offer.

Which person is RJ's father? Dart? The Man? Somebody else?
>I am not certain. I tried to flee so I was knocked unconscious.

Did anybody here birth a half-something child named Mizuno?
>Yes. She was one of us and a Light Elf I believe.

Is The Man still visiting? Would you oppose us asking our allies to protect you from him and his minions?
Would you like to go meet RJ if we found a way to ensure your safety?
>N-no.. Please don't interfere. We are okay like this. No one has died. We are fine.
>>
No. 182216 ID: 1ac39d

you are not fine, you live in fear and have your children taken from you. you would rather stay like this then be free? how can you say you all loved RJ when you simply LET her get taken away?
and Mizuno has been lied too, she thinks her parents hated her and sent her away to be tormented, dart has convinced her that her own mother hated her. can you live with that?
>>
No. 182217 ID: 1ac39d

>>182216
i'm not angry, just... disappointed.
>>
No. 182218 ID: 701a19

>>182215
We have met Mizuno. Dart has rewritten her memories so that she believes her parents hated and abused her, but with her full name we could secret her away from him and cure her. We would ensure her safety.

Could you show us the most detailed image of The Man you can? Particularly the face?

This can be stopped without violence. If you appeal to King Rai, then he will almost certainly declare the merfolk under the protection of the human lands. Since the people you describe dare not act against King Rai openly, they would be forced to abandon their 'experimentation'. It would entail no violence, but would stop the rape, kidnapping, torture and abuse of children, and other horrible acts.
>>
No. 182220 ID: 701a19

Oh, here's an important question: When RJ was conceived, who did The Man bring with him? Was Dart the only human?
>>
No. 182222 ID: cf68aa
File 127469214023.png - (21.78KB , 500x500 , 1071.png )
182222

>>182216
>>182217

>I'm sorry.... There was nothing we could do. Our songs did not work.. He could not feel our pain.. My pain...

>I loved my baby and I am glad to know she is safe..

>>182218
>We would love to have Mizuno and Rebecca back with us.
>We have not spoken to the human king in so long. He has helped us in the past, I'm sure he will help us now.

>So long as there is no pain you have my full support.
>If this works I can keep my baby..

>>182220
>I can try..
>Do you see him?
>He is scary..
>>
No. 182225 ID: 701a19

>>182222
We can't place the face, but we know where he is from. See that triangle eye? That's a feature we've only seen in the dark world - land of the soulless, the place where souls go if they are killed by magic.
Sorry if we're overwhelming you with questions, but I'm sure you understand the importance of these matters. There's no rush, you can take your time.
We need to know:
Mizuno's full name.
What humans were there the day RJ was conceived.
If you would like for us to take you to meet RJ and request an audience with the human king.
If song magic can be taught to humans.
>>
No. 182226 ID: 1ac39d

>>182225
[not entirely, the person we used Blazen to kill had a triangle eye but just one. most likely they and the person doing the experiments are half-dark world people.]
>>
No. 182259 ID: 3afd1f

That looks like the mask Felix had on when he was possessed.

What kind of magic did they use to fight you? Anything you can tell us would be a great help.
>>
No. 182380 ID: c4c313

>>182215

>N-no.. Please don't interfere. We are okay like this. No one has died. We are fine.

Okay. What about the halves who went with The Man? Have they died? How do you know?
>>
No. 182427 ID: 701a19

>>182380
We've been to most of the major cities on this continent and only encountered RJ and Mizuno - incidentally, how old is RJ?

If you can get us a list of the full names of the kidnapped children, then we will gladly find them and see to the safety of those we can find.

OH! RJ has kindled a relationship with a man we rescued from Dart's service. They seem to be doing a wonderful job of filling in the gaps in each other lives.

By the by, don't bother saying that we don't have to do anything. We're not offering our aid out of a sense of debt, we're offering it because it's the right thing to do and we are able to help - the same reason why you helped us.
However, although owe us nothing it would make the task easier it you could provide some assistance:
RJ has made one of her goals in life the collection of the Goldeon artifacts, so if any merfolk know the location of them (The Alimentor in particular) it would be a great help to both her and to us.
If you have any items which Mizuno liked when she was younger then we might be able to use that along with her full name to more easily break her brainwashing. The names of her mother and father would help as well.
If Song magic can be taught to humans, then that's something you should certainly teach Cecil. The more spells he knows, the easier it is to rescue people without harm.
If there are any kinds of magical items you can produce or artifacts you could part with, we would like to know about them.

Also, I would like to express our deepest regrets; unlike your own, our cultures are violent ones. As much as we detest this we must live with it every day of our lives, and our sorrow over you being brought into our conflicts runs deep.

However, we can offer you something that should bring you some solace; the stone you hold is a communication device known as a Cell Stone. While they don't yet allow for direct communication between two different people, and she is out of range at the moment, RJ does have one of these Stones. We will leave one here, and when we return to the other side of the mountains we will create a relay so that we will be able to keep in contact.
Also, we are able to record events and show them to others. If you want to record a message for RJ or King Rai, or Mizuno's mother would like to record a message for her, or anybody else wishes to record a message for another person outside, we are more than willing to deliver your messages as we find the recipients.
We are currently able to find people - living or dead - if we know their birth name.
The downside is that it works by memorizing events and showing these memories to other people, which means we know everything that is said in a language we understand. We can record and play back languages we don't understand, although we can't promise we won't learn a language.
>>
No. 182763 ID: cf68aa
File 127477706010.png - (20.90KB , 500x500 , 1072.png )
182763

>>182225
>Uwah.. So many questions spinning in my head...
>Uhm.. I don't know Mizuno's full name. She was born from mintra. I suppose I can ask her.

What humans were there the day RJ was conceived.
>I don't know.. I was knocked out..

If you would like for us to take you to meet RJ and request an audience with the human king.
>Uhm.. I want to meet King Rai but I'm not supposed to see RJ. The Man said so..

If song magic can be taught to humans.
>Can humans sing? I've never heard them do so.

>>182380
>I.. I don't know... I pray that they are safe...

>>182427
>Uhm.. RJ, as you call her, should be 18 or 19 by now.

>also I'm not sure who else was kidnapped... Sorry..

>Also I can not give artifacts on my own.. I need to get permission. I can ask though.

>These stones are nice. Can I keep this one?
>>
No. 182765 ID: 1ac39d

if you and RJ are with king rai then what could the man do to you? nothing. the man fears rai and will not go near him.
>>
No. 182766 ID: 701a19

@Cecil: Go grab the book on Sage magic and start reading. Now's as good a time as any to learn.

>>182763
>Uwah.. So many questions spinning in my head...
SORRY! You've been a big help, and we're eager for more information.

>Uhm.. I don't know Mizuno's full name. She was born from mintra. I suppose I can ask her.
That would help, thank you.

>I don't know.. I was knocked out..
Could you find out?
Mostly, we're wondering if Dart is her father. Or if it was a half-human. Or something like that.

>Uhm.. I want to meet King Rai but I'm not supposed to see RJ. The Man said so..
We don't want to put you at risk. However, if you decided to stay in Central then The Man might not be able to do much to you.

>Can humans sing? I've never heard them do so.
Yes, but nowhere near as well as merfolk.

>Uhm.. RJ, as you call her, should be 18 or 19 by now.
Thanks!
When did Dart start showing up here? Was it more than about 12 years ago?

>also I'm not sure who else was kidnapped... Sorry..
Couldja ask around?

>Also I can not give artifacts on my own.. I need to get permission. I can ask though.
That's fine. We're only looking for things that can stop all this with the least amount of suffering possible. Once this has all been stopped we can return them, other than Goldeon artifacts, obviously. Those are for RJ~

>These stones are nice. Can I keep this one?
Unless it's red, sure! You don't want the red one.

Ah, we should probably calm down and let you process what we've said.
Not to be bossy, but you should probably have somebody go get a list of the full names of kidnapped children while you go ask about artifacts and humans learning song magic and stuff.
Otherwise we're just going to end up distracting and confusing you - sorry about that.

We'll go wait in Cecil's head, ok?
[Switch to Cecil]
>>
No. 182769 ID: cf68aa
File 127477926437.png - (20.70KB , 500x500 , 1073.png )
182769

>okay. I'll try my best to find out these things for you.

>"Good bye Cecil. It was nice talking to you."

Sem leaves
------------------------------------------------

>something's bugging me... It may be nothing but... Merfolk are not the best healers. A standard heal spell for them takes an hour.

>They said the girl I brought with me was 'just about done'.

>And she was missing all her limbs...
>>
No. 182770 ID: 1ac39d

.... how long were we out?
>>
No. 182771 ID: 701a19

>>182769
How about you get dressed and go check on the girl?
Meanwhile...
[Replay entire conversation]
>>
No. 182772 ID: cf68aa
File 127478000177.png - (16.55KB , 500x400 , 1074.png )
182772

>>182771
>WHAT!? They're using the merfolk here as breeding machines!? That's... That's unforgivable. If I catch who did this...

>And RJ's mom... We found her only to find out.... This is terrible. Another evil that Dart has committed...

She gets dressed and soon finds the girl chatting peacefully with a merfolk.

>>182770

>I honestly don't know..
>>
No. 182774 ID: 701a19

>>182772
There's a merfolk right there. Ask how long we were out.

After that?
"Hey, Tal. How are you doing?"
>>
No. 182775 ID: 1ac39d

see how long you were out and ask tal how she is doing. someone around here must be able to use zeroon otherwise you would of been out for days
>>
No. 182786 ID: 701a19

>>182775
While I suppose it's possible that there are a few competent half-merfolk healers around here, I'm fairly certain that we're currently a prisoner of hostile forces.
On the upshot, they probably aren't sure how we got here and don't want to tip their hand too early. That's why I said to get dressed and collect your stuff, Cecil.
Hopefully they don't know what the teleportation stone does, but if they do then it was likely removed from your gear.

Make small talk and ask about learning Song magic. Meanwhile, SJ thinks we are with you. This gives us a perfect chance to confirm our theories.
Keep us informed while we do some digging.

[Switch to whoever is holding the Cell Stone Cecil gave to Sem, but maintain complete silence.]
>>
No. 182790 ID: 1ac39d

>>182786
[i like it, sneaky. seconded]
>>
No. 182826 ID: 212d3d

we should ask what is going on?
>>
No. 182843 ID: 701a19

>>182826
(Asking questions would make this entire exercise in misdirection completely pointless, and would let them know that we know that something is wrong.
Actually...)

[Use Red Stone to boost our communication range]
[Cast Light on Rai's Cell Stone]

@Rai: Dart has been raping merfolk for breeding experiments, and at least one of his elite minions resulted from this. We're trying to safely extract one of his victims to tell you the details in person. We have also uncovered evidence that he has tampered with the bulk of his followers minds, particularly among his Cerin Squad. Those people are innocent victims; can we count on you to help them recover once we have freed them from his control?

@RJ: We found your mom. She's alive and well, but things are a mess here. We're trying to determine the best way to extract her safely.

@Alex: At mermaid lakes. Artificially boosted Cell range. Rescue successful. All fine. Move everybody to the Dark Elf settlement. Explain later.
>>
No. 183245 ID: cf68aa
File 12748532716.png - (28.83KB , 500x500 , 1075.png )
183245

>"Hey, Tal. How are you doing?"

Tal gives a small smile.

"I'm better now. Thank you for saving me"

Cecil nods and approaches the merfolk

>"Excuse me, how long have we been here for?"

"Well after you both got poisoned by those croc bites you guys went into a sort of coma. We did out best and managed to drain all the poison out of you and healed you. I'd say after all that it's been about... Ten or so days give or take."

>".... what?"
>>
No. 183252 ID: a594b9

>>183245
Aw fuck... We're way behind on stopping Dart's plan now.

Then again we know some inside info. We may be able to stop him by helping him.

First priority now is to get back in contact with the others. We'll want to teleport to Resad to hand over Tal... then we should be in range of the whole continent.

Make your farewells.
>>
No. 183257 ID: e3f578

oh please 10 days is child's play. alright looks like shoujen season 2 everybody is separated so its new party time like ME2. I demand a badass new members of significant proportions. lets go to a bar and get us a manly man in the group and we can go slay some shit. drop the charisma like its hot, big C.
>>
No. 183260 ID: 1ac39d

oh god... we need to go. get Sem and start hiking.
[LARRO!!!!!]
>>
No. 183263 ID: 701a19

>>183245
Huh.
Well, shit.

At this point all we know for certain is that nobody went to the Dark Elf settlement.
If they had, we would have gone to them while you were comatose.

Tell Tal you'll be right back, and use the teleport stone to return to near Resad. We NEED to reestablish communications.
>>
No. 183264 ID: a594b9

>>183263
We won't be coming back. They've refused our help.
>>
No. 183268 ID: cf68aa
File 127485524175.png - (6.91KB , 500x500 , 1076.png )
183268

>DAMN IT!

>DAMN! I AM SO FAR BEHIND NOW!

>DAMN!

Cecil grabs Tal. She makes a few quick goodbyes then teleports back. She finds herself in the forest near Resad.

The I Shop owner is here.

"welcome stranger. You've missed quite a show."
>>
No. 183269 ID: 1ac39d

ask what happened. it's odd he would be right there.
>>
No. 183270 ID: a594b9

>>183268
"What... what did I miss?"
>>
No. 183272 ID: a594b9

@ALL: Hey guys, status report! Cecil got attacked by demons and panic-teleported to the Mermaid Lakes where their healing took FOREVER to get us back into shape!
>>
No. 183275 ID: 701a19

>>183268
"What happened?!?!?"

[Cast Light on Rai's Cell Stone]
@Rai: Dart has been raping merfolk for breeding experiments, and at least one of his elite minions resulted from this. We're trying to safely extract one of his victims to tell you the details in person. We have also uncovered evidence that he has tampered with the bulk of his followers minds, particularly among his Cerin Squad. Those people are innocent victims; can we count on you to help them recover once we have freed them from his control?

@RJ: We found your mom. She's alive and well, but things are a mess there. We're trying to determine the best way to extract her safely.

@All: Cecil was in a coma. We're back.
>>
No. 183281 ID: cf68aa
File 127485647161.png - (44.79KB , 500x500 , 1077.png )
183281

>"W-What happened..?"

"War."

He pulls out a small clear window. A picture appears on it.

"For some reason Eronen the Fire Master decided to attack Central City. Your king Rai fought back as well as he could. It was an intense battle. Eronen destroyed almost half of the Royal Army. It ended abruptly when he just up and left. King Rai was severely wounded in the battle. I'd say if it would've went on a bit longer it would have ended with Rai's defeat. If it weren't bad enough Eronen turned those he has killed into ash, the wind carried it away so there's no bringing them back now. Heard your friends fought as well."

>"Eronen...? Wait my friends!?"

"Yes. They were in the battle defending Rai. The fighting ended just two days ago"

>Alexis! Nari!
>>
No. 183283 ID: a594b9

>>183281
Reach out with your Soul Bind and see if you can feel them!

@ALL: Hey, can anyone hear us? RJ? Felix? Nari? Alex? Chel?
>>
No. 183284 ID: 701a19

>>183281
"Are my friends ok?"
>>
No. 183289 ID: 1ac39d

god damn. how could that of happened? i thought rai was supposed to be the best? and this guy just walks in and kills everyone without a hitch?
>>
No. 183291 ID: cf68aa
File 127485731719.png - (6.40KB , 500x500 , 1078.png )
183291

>"Are my friends okay?"

"Mostly. The little one, the elf, she was burned trying to protect the catfolk. Other then that they're fine stranger."

>>183283
Alexis
>MYA!? Where the heck have you voices been!? Is Cecil all right!?
>>
No. 183293 ID: a594b9

>>183291
@Alex: Yes, Cecil is fine! IS NARI OKAY?!
>>
No. 183294 ID: 1ac39d

@group: demon troubles, we teleported on top of some crocs and were poisoned, we were in a coma. mermaids found us and unfortunately their healing magic sucks. found RJ's mom, will explain more later.

well on the up side rai isn't in any condition to tell you that you can't use zeroon.
>>
No. 183300 ID: c4c313

>>183289

Hint hint Rai is a poser. The demon mysteriously stopped getting summoned, and everyone gave him credit for it.

>>183291

Thanks I-shop guy. We totally would vouch for your business if you actually had any uh, competitors.

@Alexis:

Cecil is fine for someone who got her soul half torn out by an army of demons from a rip in space, then half eaten while unconscious by poisonous crocodiles, and finally healed by incompetent merfolk who took 10 days to manage it.
>>
No. 183301 ID: 701a19

>>183291
@Nari: Are you ok?!? We JUST woke up!

@I Shop: Your stones work fine, although you really want to set-up some better teleport locations; we wound up in a poisoned Croc's mouth. Any chance we could get some rechargeable ones?

@Alex: Is Rai awake?
>>
No. 183305 ID: a594b9

Hmm, ask the I Shop dude if it would be rude to ask about the Red World we saw through the tear.
>>
No. 183307 ID: cf68aa
File 127485856599.png - (5.41KB , 500x500 , 1079.png )
183307

>>183293
Alexis
>NO! She's been like freaking out this whole time! She's been crying and even yelling! I don't know what to do!
>She'll be crying one second then just staring off into nowhere the next!
------------------------------------------

>"No... Thank you, I have to go now!"

"Hold on stranger, I have something you may want."

He holds out a rock and a odd stick

"Here ya go. This Tele Stone is more advance then the one you used. It hsa unlimited charges but only works on one person up to four times a day.
The wand is... Hehehe... It is a Zeroon wand. It only has one charge though so use it wisely."

>"I can't afford this.."

"Hehe, on the house."

>"!!! Thank you!"

"Don't mention it. Ever."

Cecil nods and takes the items. she begins to head back to Resad with Tal in her arms.
>>
No. 183308 ID: 701a19

@Alex: Oh, and yo need to boost the Cell Stone range. From the merfolk lakes it only reaches to the Dark Elf settlement, so we were out as long as Cecil.
>>
No. 183310 ID: a594b9

>>183307
@Alex: Okay, we'll see what we can do.

[switch to Nari]
>>
No. 183312 ID: 1ac39d

looks like the I-shop guy is at least a nice, if neutral, guy. go fast.
>>
No. 183319 ID: 701a19

>>183307
[Detect Alex's location, and direct Cecil there.]
@Alex: Norar tortured her with fire. She's having a breakdown.

[Switch to Nari]
>>
No. 183322 ID: cf68aa
File 127486043819.png - (19.13KB , 387x341 , 1080.png )
183322

>>183308
>I can try mya.

>>183312
As Cecil moves closer to Resad she begins to feel terrible. Before her emotions over power her she shuts down the soul bind and keeps running.

>>183310
>>183319

there's no one in the room but Nari. She's just laying down sobbing and saying 'no no no' over and over.
>>
No. 183323 ID: 701a19

>>183322
[Override her emotions with numbness]
>>
No. 183324 ID: 1ac39d

Nari, it's us. you did a good thing protecting Alex like that, you were very brave. Cecil is on her way right now.
>>
No. 183325 ID: c4c313

>>183322

Wow, that's... man, that's... I don't know what to say. Jeez...
>>
No. 183326 ID: e31d52

FUCKING FUCK ON A FUCKING FUCK
IM SO MAD NOW AS TO BE MOSTLY INCOHERENT

YES WHOEVER DID THIS I MAD

I AM SUCCESSFULLY TROLLED
>>
No. 183327 ID: e31d52

>>183325
here let me help you

FUCK

it is quite versatile
also consider

GODDAMN MOTGHERFUCKING SHITCUNTS FROM MARS
>>
No. 183328 ID: a594b9

>>183322
Nari? It's us. Cecil is on his way. Can you hear me? Please, say something.

You're so brave, to do what you did for Alex.
>>
No. 183329 ID: 701a19

>>183322
[Cast Light on Rai's Cell Stone]
Shhhh.... It's, ok Nari. Cecil is on his way. Everything will be alright.

@Rai or whoever touches his stone: Hello? Rai? Are you there?
>>
No. 183330 ID: e31d52

Nari, if you can hear me, I want you to know something.

We're going to find the one who did this to you. He will pay. The how doesn't matter. He did this to you and now he deserves to be treated like the monster he is.

We love you very much. Cecil has some hunting to do. We'll hold you tight when we get back, as long as you want.
>>
No. 183333 ID: 701a19

>>183330
No, not right now. Nari needs Cecil far more than she needs revenge.

@Alex: You've been blocking the soul link to keep yourself calm, right?

[Delve into Nari's memories to see what she's saying "no" to.]
>>
No. 183334 ID: 1ac39d

>>183333
[agree]
>>
No. 183336 ID: cf68aa
File 127486245715.png - (25.82KB , 500x500 , 1081.png )
183336

>>183329
[There is no reply from Rai]

>>183324
>Please... No no... Just.. Just leave me alone...

>I want my mommy...

>>183328
>>183330

>Cecil is coming for me...?
>N-no.. I can't let her see me like this.. Please don't..

There's a knock at the door. Nari quickly sits up and wraps herself in a blanket.

Cecil "Nari, Nari it's me Cecil."

>"....."

"Nari. I heard what happened.. I know you got burned.. Please open the door. I want to see you."

>No you don't... Not like this...

"Nari... Please let me in."

>"..."

>Guardians.. I keep seeing things. Bad things.
>Things I forgot. The fire.. It made me remember things.
>I need to know.


>Are they real?
>>
No. 183337 ID: 1ac39d

they are only as real as you let them. even if they are, you have Cecil, and us. we'll fix it, we'll fix anything you want, just as we did before, just let Cecil in.
>>
No. 183338 ID: a594b9

>>183336
It doesn't matter if they're real or not. It's in the past. You have so many years ahead of you, now. Experience will make you stronger, no matter how horrible it is. Work through it. You have us. You have Cecil. I know you're strong enough to get through anything, with a little help from your friends.
>>
No. 183341 ID: 701a19

>>183336
Nari, we can't betray your trust. As much as we don't want to tell you the truth, we can't lie to you about it.

Norar tampered with your memories. That is a fact. Please don't ask us for details, because it would hurt us horribly to try and tell you.

As far as what's real? Who we are is more the product of our experiences than anything else.
Your personality is the result of what you remember, and if your memories had never been altered then you would be somebody else, not who you are.
To the person you are, the one Cecil loves, the one who smiles, the one who has found real happiness, those hidden memories aren't real.
There's no benefit to uncovering those memories; no good would come from it, and it would cause nothing but pain for yourself and others.

We've been contemplating having Cecil create a new circle of magic which would let him make the happier memories permanent, and erase the hidden ones forever.
Would that be ok?

@Cecil: Just come in, and tell her nothing could make her any less lovely to you.

@Alex:
Ok, we need to know what happened. Can you tell us as much of what happened as you know? Or find a way to show us your memories of it?
What condition is Gene in? The Cerin Squad member Cecil killed?
Also, with Rai incapacitated who has taken the place of acting regent? Norue? Gawain?
If nobody has seized control, then go to Rai's generals and suggest that Cecil, Chel, or yourself be installed as the acting regent in order to maintain morale and utilize our personal alliances with the leaders of foreign powers in order to offset our weakened state.
Beyond that? Suggest establishing deputies and handing out licenses which allow for the use of specific illegal spells - namely Zeroon, but get a list of currently known illegal spells we can look over.
Assign groups of the Royal Army Mages to find bits of ash and pool their powers to resurrect those ashes via Zeroon.
Negotiate a bulk purchasing deal with the I Shop where Central will buy mana potions, phoenix downs, and Zeroon-casting items in large quantities in exchange for lower prices. If the kingdom's budget can take it, then have it buy the recipe for Phoenix Down from the I Shop and disseminate that info to the Royal Army Mages.
Have Norue order the Royal Army Mages to collect several blood samples of every person in their ranks and store them in multiple secure locations spread out over the nation.
Send for representatives of each faction - at least one diplomat that is permitted to make decisions, and at least one person who is adept at teaching their respective types of magic.

Sorry to give you so much run-around, but we trust you to get this stuff done.

@RJ and Felix:
RJ, Felix, you two head to the Temple and get in touch with L and Amy and give them back their Cell Stones. Felix, while we were away we found out that Dart throws around rewrites like candy in order to give his minions tragic backstories. We don't want to get your hopes up, but there's a chance your family is ok. RJ, you have a sibling or half-sibling on the way, your mom wants you to know that she loves you and hasn't been in contact because one of Dart's buddies told her they would kill you and/or her and/or her species if she tried to contact you. She's fine for now, though.
You've got teleport stones, right? Use them.

@Chel:
Nari is asking for you.
Once you've managed to comfort her enough for her to sleep, we would like you to go with Alex to get in touch with the people at the top of the food chain in Central. After that, it would really help if you could teach some Soul Magic to the Royal Army Mages. Slash and Heal in particular, but teach the more adept ones Blade, Reth, Ol Reth, and Block if you can.
We're not expecting another miraculous learner like Cecil, but once a few of them have the basics down they can start teaching each other.
Also, we would like you to contact the leaders of the friendly major factions and ask that they send some representatives in the form of a diplomat with decision making power, at least one person capable of teaching their respective magic, and whoever else they want to send along. Establish embassies inside the city for each faction, and have those embassies declared to be part of their respective nations. Light Elves, Dark Elves, Felinids, and Merfolk. Have Alex craft Cell Stones for each of the leaders that don't already have one.

@All: You have your assignments. We've got a lot to do and we're already far behind, but don't push yourselves too hard.
>>
No. 183369 ID: 701a19

>>183341
@Cecil:
Ok, now that the others have been assigned, I've got instructions for you that I can't reasonably assign to the others.
Your objectives are as follows:
Retrieve the girl we left in Norar's basement.
Convince Norar to reveal the name of the person who used ReWrite on Nari, and to teach you Soul Flare. Ol Reth could be useful here.
Discover the birth name of the late Queen Sils, retrieve a lock of her hair, and determine the location of her soul.
Bring the remains of Gene, the Cerin Squad member, and Queen Sils back to Central.
Once L and Amy arrive, ask them to retrieve a piece of Lord Z's body and assign them a squad of Royal Army Mages to assist them.
Have the RAM alchemists create the best mana gems they can, deploy them to all RAMs, set a policy for them to keep at least one empty gem on hand to trickle-charge, and for any member with more than three filled gems to store those in the RAM armory.
Once there is a decently large stockpile of mana gems, the most skilled RAM healers are to use the extras to resurrect people of importance on a first-come first-served basis. Get Chel's permission before you resurrect her mother.


Establish the following laws:
1: The creation of Red Tincture is forbidden under penalty of becoming Red Tincture. (Don't include this, but Master L storing the souls of Laura and Amy as Red Tincture for their own protection is an example of forgivable usage. Rai's 'never for any reason' logic is horribly flawed.)
2: The destruction of souls is a crime against life, magic, and existence. It is forbidden under penalty of becoming Red Tincture.
2a: Any person in possession of Red Tincture is required to know or have a person readily available who knows the spell Soul Heal. Red Tincture is to be kept in good condition at all times.
3: The 'Above the Law' mark is longer recognized. In its place powerful magic users may seek a pact with the king, such that they will not be held accountable to the law with several notable exceptions:
3.1: They will respect basic sapient rights.
3.2: They will not commit any crimes against life, magic, and/or existence.
3.3: They will submit to a Magi test to confirm they are not engaging in grossly irresponsible usage of magic every five years.
3.4: They will not engage in acts of war with this nation or its allies.
3.5: They agree to assist in acting against any person who violates the terms of this pact.
3a: Any person who had a pact but is no longer powerful enough to qualify will not be prosecuted for actions taken while they were eligible for the pact.
3b: Payment for medical care of any person who has a pact, or a spouse or child of one, is guaranteed by the human king at standard rates.
3c: Any person who has a pact may request aid, and such requests will be regarded as would any request from an ally of the state.
4: Dark Mana usage and the possession of Red Tincture is only permitted via license.
4a: Licenses will only be permitted to users who have passed the magi test, and license-holders must re-test on an annual basis.
4b: Any and all usage of Dark Mana must be reported immediately to allow a prompt investigation. Failure to comply fully with investigators will result in an immediate license revocation, regardless of if the non-compliant person is the subject of the investigation.
5: The following Dark Magic spells are forbidden:
5.1: Meteor
5.2: Meteor Swarm
5.3: Possess
5.4: Fiend
5.5: Flare
6: The following Dark Magic spells are permitted only for therapeutic use by authorized healers:
6.1: Rewrite
6.2: Ol Rethono
6.3: Shenjou
6.4: Shoujen
7: Royal Army Mages must now maintain a license for Dark Mana usage in order to use illegal magic.

If we think of any more, we'll let you know.

After you're done with these, we want you to split your time between learning Sage magic and learning how to craft new spells and circles.
You know how healing magic works by trying to change the current form of a person into their natural form? We want you to create a circle of magic that specializes in changing the natural form of things.
Soul Bind or Red Tincture immortality, Shoujen, Shenjou, and ReWrite simply apply modifications to the base form; if you break a Soul Bind or run out of Red Tincture then you suddenly find yourself at the age you would have been otherwise. Shoujen and Shenjou don't actually change a person's natural form but instead act like a mask for it, but the mask is revealed when you seal the curse away and their form returns. ReWrite puts new memories over old ones but you yourself saw how Shera was able to remember the truth once we pointed it out to her, and at the other end of the spectrum we have Nari who mercifully had her memories of Norar's worst abuses ReWritten away every time he drove her into a state like post-rescue Felix, and who is suffering because the fire is granting her glimpses of the past as it actually happened.

The circle we want you to create would allow you to do things like heal Amy's deafness, make L as young as he appears, and permanently replace the memories that Nari should have never had.

@I Shop:
Think you could look into a spell that a Soulless permanently able to detect souls no matter how far away they are, but at the same time makes them completely unable to detect any souls but their own ever again? The Royal Army Mages are in dire straits, and there seems to be a massive soulless infestation in the area, so a spell like that which would make them passive or docile... Well, you understand supply and demand, right?
>>
No. 183434 ID: 701a19

>>183369
Ah, I keep forgetting things!

Here's more:
Leave a spare Cell Stone in the room you found Chel, since it will act as a relay and extend our range far enough to cover much of the mermaid lakes.


3a: Any person who had a pact but is no longer powerful enough to qualify will not be prosecuted for actions taken while they were eligible for the pact. With the exception of violations of pact.

3d: People who have a pact are encouraged to provide their true names to the king. Because this presents a risk, all reasonable measures and several unreasonable measures will be taken to recover and resurrect such pact holders if they should die.
3e: For conflicts between pact holders, populated areas are to be considered neutral grounds. The king shall mediate disputes if requested, but otherwise the kingdom shall not interfere with these disputes.

8: A new organization shall be created under the authority of the king, with a mandate to investigate usage of Dark Mana, ensure proper care and handling of Red Tincture, seek out corruption in government, and provide aid in the event of emergencies.
8a: Agents of this organization shall have no power to arrest beyond their mandate.
8b: Allegations of corruption against an agent shall result in that agent being investigated by the Royal Army Mages under oversight of the king.
8c: When not required for actions within their mandate, agents may be assigned to other tasks as needed. Agents not assigned are expected to act in the best interests of the people, the nation, and its allies, at their discretion.

9: A common fund shall for the purposes of paying for the sanitization and restoration of sites currently contaminated by harmful magic shall be established, and presided over by representatives from both this nation and its allies.
9a: The former school is hereby a contaminated site.
9b: The forbidden zone is hereby a contaminated site.

10: A fund shall be created for the purposes of establishing a new school of magic. Barring strong objections, this school is to be granted to the Von Central family with the following restrictions.
10a: No person may be turned away due to race, religion, gender, sexuality, or other matters of identity.
10b: All people must be held to strong ethical standards.
10c: No student shall be turned away due to inability to pay. Tuition is to be proportional to ability to pay; any student who is unable to pay a minimum level of tuition may have their education subsidized by the state in exchange for service or repayment upon graduation.
10d: All potentially dangerous magic and/or experiments are to be carefully controlled. Non-living experiments should harmlessly self terminate in the event of a disaster if possible.
10e: Agents must be granted free access to the school.

11: The magi test is to be overseen by several masters of different circles, and is to test the nature of the subject's character.
11a: People who are capable of responsible use of strong magic pass.
11b: People who are lacking in either responsibility or strong magic do not pass, but may retest later.
11c: People who wield magic with abuse or flagrant neglect fail, and are to be stripped of their ability to use magic.
>>
No. 183523 ID: cf68aa
File 127491407289.png - (8.41KB , 400x400 , 1082.png )
183523

>>183341
Nari
>I want to know what happened..




[Everyone has been given tasks to do. You may pick one character as they go follow throughout the day.]
>>
No. 183538 ID: 1ac39d

[give nari a rundown of what we think happened]

let's hang out with alex.
>>
No. 183594 ID: 701a19

>>183523
I hate doing this, but I can't lie to you.

Do you recall how broken Felix was when we first freed him from Dart's control?
As best we can tell, Norar repeatedly broke you by violating you and torturing you with fire, then erasing the memories so you would remain innocent and stay as a child forever.
He enjoyed destroying beautiful things.

Nari, please, have those memories locked away and erased. If you don't, then the person you are will die and be replaced by Norar's broken slave, and none of us will be happy again.

People tell you that the truth is wonderful and lies are horrible, but that itself is a lie. No good and much harm comes from having those memories, and in practical terms the difference between this truth and this lie is that one lets you live a happy life and the other ruins lives. Please, just say yes, and let us scrub the pain away.

[Provide this information to Chel]

[Go with RJ, but have Alex keep us informed how her meeting with the generals goes so we can see what's decided and intervene as needed.]
>>
No. 183718 ID: a594b9

>>183594
I disagree. By overcoming pain and suffering you can become very strong indeed. Don't assume Nari has no chance to work through this on her own.

...I don't really like ANY of these assignments.
RJ and Felix will basically be interrupting L and Amy's honeymoon.
Cecil (or Alex) will be trying to muscle their way in to assume control over Central, which will piss off Rai. We *already* criticized his ability to lead, so he will only assume the worst here.
Chel is going to be running around all over the continent, quite vulnerable to attack. Alone.

So count me out.
>>
No. 183732 ID: 1ac39d

>>183594
[actually, that seems to be for the best, go with RJ]

>>183718
[well then think of something better.]
>>
No. 183737 ID: a594b9

Okay let me suggest some changes.

ASK RAI if he wants us to take over for him, not his generals. That shows the proper respect.

...wait a second we can use the experimental teleportation stones and the 'finalized' teleport stone for Chel, so that plan is actually perfectly fine.

RJ and Felix should just ask around about L and Amy to see if anyone knows if they're back from the honeymoon yet. IN ANY CASE they probably don't want to join Cecil in a highly dangerous fight against Dart. Master L has enough to worry about, since he's got only like 10 years left to live. They probably want to just spend that time alone together in safety, away from all the fighting.

With these modifications... I would like to go with... Chel.
>>
No. 183777 ID: 701a19

>>183718
Yes, lets just ignore basic logic and well established psychology to say that everything will be fine if she just 'walks it off'. The mind is obviously fully capable of overcoming any trauma, and people who let it change them are just whiners looking for attention. Rape victims just want the attention, and PTSD is people acting crazy because they're lazy.

That sarcasm may not be obvious enough for you to notice, so I'll just state outright that reality is calling bullshit on you.

>RJ and Felix will basically be interrupting L and Amy's honeymoon.
I'd rather have RJ and Felix interrupt them than an apocalypse.

>Cecil (or Alex) will be trying to muscle their way in to assume control over Central, which will piss off Rai. We *already* criticized his ability to lead, so he will only assume the worst here.
Rai is in no condition to lead, and we would be convincing his generals that we are capable of forming a proper response in his absence. There's a reason I said "regent"; it's stating outright that you are only there because the ruler is not.
Also? We questioned his judgement, not his ability to lead.

>>183737
Rai could rule from his bed if he were capable of decisions and speech. Even if that were not the case, his generals were appointed because of their decision-making capability. If at all possible they would confer with Rai for such a decision, and if not then they are the only people whose opinion matters.

Beyond that? It's a question of morale. Rai's out of the picture, half the RAMs are gone, the city is seriously damaged, and the response so far has been floundering. Having a Von Central come in, take control, and start doing things is worth it just for the sake of making the people feel less vulnerable.

Master L has about five years to live, and we're tempting him to come help by offering to extend that out indefinitely without needing to grow his PStone.
Also? We're not asking them to help fight Dart, we're asking them to help us do damage control.
>>
No. 183787 ID: cf68aa
File 127493647471.png - (13.29KB , 500x500 , 1083.png )
183787

"Nari... Please let me in..."

>.....
she gets up and unlocks the door. When Cecil steps in Nari throws herself into Cecils arms. Sh stands there, holding her and crying. Cecil rubs her head and holds her close.

>"Cecil.."

"Yes?"

>"Please, kiss me."
-----------------------------------------------

[Time Passes]

Chel
>Last one... The Light Elves.
>>
No. 183796 ID: a594b9

>>183787
Oh wait a second...

Light Elves don't like Dark Elves, do they? Do you think it's a good idea to try this, or should we ask one of the other party members?
>>
No. 183799 ID: 1ac39d

keep one hand on the teleport stone at all times, be polite but don't look weak.
>>
No. 183838 ID: 701a19

>>183787
Go ahead, Chel. You're a dignitary, and they're required to respect that.
>>
No. 184326 ID: cf68aa
File 127503551834.png - (32.96KB , 600x600 , 1084.png )
184326

>>183799
Chel holds onto the stone and moves closer to the City of Light Elves. As she reaches the door someone floats down in front of her from above.

"Can I help you?"

The person glares at Chel. Their piercing yellow eyes disturb her.
>>
No. 184327 ID: 1ac39d

"i am Chel Sils, daughter of King Calett Sils. i am here to request an ambassador be sent to Central for a meeting."
>>
No. 184328 ID: a594b9

Inform them of our plans of establishing diplomatic relations and embassies and stuff. Make it clear that you are willing to leave in a moments notice if it is required of you, no questions asked.
>>
No. 184329 ID: cf68aa
File 127503623322.png - (33.25KB , 600x600 , 1085.png )
184329

>"i am Chel Sils, daughter of King Calett Sils. i am here to request an ambassador be sent to Central for a meeting."

"Lady Sils? Hmm, the King has been meaning to speak with you for quite sometime. I doubt he will agree to send one of us to Central City but perhaps you would like to meet him? Who knows what a conversation with him may bring."

>His eyes look a little more friendly..
>>
No. 184330 ID: a594b9

>>184329
Well... I'm curious about the Light Elves, and you've got an emergency escape available at a moment's notice... so sure.
>>
No. 184331 ID: 1ac39d

"that sounds reasonable, please lead the way"
>>
No. 184334 ID: cf68aa
File 127503819427.png - (44.43KB , 600x600 , 1086.png )
184334

>"that sounds reasonable, please lead the way"

She follows the Light Elf into the city. IT is a beautiful, yet eerily empty, city. Each of the buildings seem to be built into the pure white trees that surround them.
Their architecture is such that it seems like they grew from the tree itself.
It is so beautiful she almost trips over the catfolk skull that was laying in her path.

They soon arrive in the castle which is housed within an enormous tree. Her guide speaks to the guards and they are let in. He leads her into the throne room.
Sitting in the center of the room is the King of Light Elves. He smiles softly and walks up to Chel


"Miss Sils. I must say it is a pleasure to meet you."
>>
No. 184335 ID: 1ac39d

i suppose give a little bow or some such sign of respect and "the pleasure is mine, i was told you wished to speak to me?"
>>
No. 184337 ID: a594b9

>>184334
Pink eyes, huh? I think he likes you~

...be careful.
>>
No. 184339 ID: bde1b8

>>184334
"It is a pleasure to meet such fancy robes."
>>
No. 184346 ID: cf68aa
File 127504089326.png - (44.08KB , 600x600 , 1087.png )
184346

>"the pleasure is mine, I was told you wished to speak to me?"

"ah yes."

He waves at the guide to leave the chamber. She hears the door close
and lock.

The King continues smiling


"Lady Sils, we Light Elves have a very serious problem. It is a problem which affects you as well. The Soulless. They steal our souls and the souls of out ancestors. They seem to slip past our Time Magic. That is not good. We are dwindling in number and as it stands the only ones who can have children are those who rule the city. Unfortunately I never took a wife."

>"... Uh huh......"

"Oh, just a small fact, we Light Elves have found a way to change a Dark Elf into a Light Elf. We can even make it so they don't remember ever being one."

>".... Uh huh....."
>>
No. 184347 ID: a594b9

>>184346
"Are you propositioning me?"

You should get ready to teleport, I think. I do not like where this is going.
>>
No. 184349 ID: 1ac39d

that first part doesn't seem too horrible but the second part is a no go.

tell him that you have something more urgent to discuss first, then how you beleive that in a few days dart will launch a multi-prong attack on all the leaders, including him. it is reasonable to believe he has figured out how to kill a light elf or he would not of made such a plan.

then i suppose tell him that all marriage proposals must go through your father and you have a cell stone so he knows we are here and is thinking it over as we speak.

@king sils: light elf king just proposed to chel.
>>
No. 184350 ID: 1ac39d

oh and if he starts doing any magicm port the fuck out.
>>
No. 184359 ID: cf68aa
File 127504389891.png - (43.72KB , 600x600 , 1088.png )
184359

>"Are you propositioning me?"

"Maybe I am, would you be interested?"

>"I don't mean to be rude but the Dark Mana Wizard Dart is planning an attack. This place and you are on his hit list. If you could help us in defeating him in anyway we would be truly grateful."

"Dart hmm? His Dark Mana may be powerful enough to kill us. If I help and you manage to defeat Dart will you accept my offer."

>"I'll have to ask my daddy kay?"

"Go ahead."

>>184349
King Sils
>NO FUCKIN WAY! IF SHE DOES IT'S WAR!
--------------------------------------

>"Yeah he said no."

"Ah. I am disappointed. What about... Your daughter, Nari? If she were to marry me we could work together to rebuild the light elf population and she will be queen. If, however, she finishes with her duties and does not wish to remain with me I will let her leave. Is this a deal?"
>>
No. 184360 ID: e31d52

SORRY BUB SHE'S TAKEN.

AND SHE'S HAD ENOUGH MEMORY ISSUES ALREADY.

GOOD BYE AND GOOD DAY, AND I'M SAD THAT YET ANOTHER PERSON CANNOT SEE PAST THEIR OWN GODDAMN NOSE OR COCK TO FIGHT A GODDAMN MENACE.
>>
No. 184361 ID: 1ac39d

"just one little question, how do you know about Nari?"
>>
No. 184363 ID: a594b9

>>184359
Wait how does he know about Nari?

Um, ask him. Also say she's kindof... taken. On the other hand if he were to say... bring back a dead royal Dark Elf from the dead... it's likely noone would notice.

I'm going to keep saying this. Teleport at the first sign of trouble.
>>
No. 184367 ID: e31d52

FUCKING HELL.

>>184359
Listen here, and wipe that smug smile off your fucking face. We're here not to help you, but to WARN YOU. Dart's coming, and he's going to fuck you up. You want to join us, great, fine, you want to make some of us baby ovens, we'll be right on our way. Put it this way, bright eyes, the way I see it, your lack of babies is a distant issue compared to the one that is coming at you WITHIN A FEW MONTHS. So either help us kill this asshole, or we're gone. Or you go hide out. It's up to you. We don't give a shit.
>>
No. 184406 ID: 701a19

>>184346
"Sorry, but my daughter is taken.
Why is it that only those who rule can have children?
As far as the soulless problem goes? We might be able to help you fight off the soulless, reclaim the souls they've taken, and revive the dead. However, we would need a diplomat certified to teach Time magic to be stationed in Central. Where, I should note, there are plenty of people who may be interested in your offer sans mind alteration."

They might have some strange reincarnation thing where they have a fixed number of souls, and only the rulers are capable of creating new ones.

Sick as it is, we could take a page out of Norar's book. Restoring a corpse to working order results in a living but empty shell which doesn't turn into a soulless, meaning that it could be used for breeding.
>>
No. 184408 ID: 701a19

>>184363
Chel's mom is already taken by her father, and I think we're significantly more practiced at resurrections than they are.
>>
No. 184410 ID: 476456

that'd last about one generation before inbreeding had to set in and light elves turned into derp elves
>>
No. 184413 ID: 701a19

>>184410
That's going to be a problem no matter what route we take.
Fortunately, light elves are immortal so their generations are long enough for us to find a way to fix the problem before it comes to that.
We just need to placate them and establish our good intentions while we find a proper solution to their problems.

[Forward this conversation to Cecil]

Oh, and they're talking about Dark Mana spells. It's possible that Dart has already acted successfully here.

@King Sils: Thanks! We needed you to say no. Did you know the light elves were nearly extinct? How long have they been dwindling like this?
>>
No. 184429 ID: c4c313

>>184363

Hello, time magic?

>>184334

p-probably died of old age!

>>184359

>> they don't remember ever being one.
>> does not wish to remain with me

Light Elves is spah.

I say graciously decline his offer. Dart is starting to look like the most reliable ally we have, demon possessed or not...

The king will probably try to trap you in a time loop until you say yes, which you can escape by slowly changing the situation until he cannot resolve the paradoxes involved with looping time around on itself. Creating fire magic for instance will double up as you loop back through time becoming twice as strong every time he repeats the time loop. You probably would do better to heal his soul though, you know, heal it into itty bitty pieces.

Also if he does aggress, send us to your dear old daddy. We can escape most of the peculiarities of time magic, and even if you do die of old age dealing with him for the next five minutes, aforementioned war will surely be glorious indeed.
>>
No. 184445 ID: 701a19

>>184429
>Dart is starting to look like the most reliable ally we have, demon possessed or not...

He's not an ally at all. At least until we free him. o.0

>Creating fire magic for instance will double up as you loop back through time becoming twice as strong every time he repeats the time loop.
I don't think it works that way. If you mean rewind then I'm pretty certain it just gives your past self deja-vu.

>if you do die of old age dealing with him for the next five minutes
Dark Elves don't age. They're immortal until killed.

Although you do raise an interesting point. Maybe the light elves have some strange time effects on their cities?

...

Actually, this visit is setting off all kinds of warnings in my mind. It's not right. Not right at all.

Give him a Cell Stone, tell him that you mean no offense but have a tight schedule to keep and the stone will let him communicate with us at a distance, then graciously excuse yourself and pop back to Central.
>>
No. 184725 ID: cf68aa
File 127511207028.png - (37.19KB , 500x500 , 1089.png )
184725

>"just one little question, how do you know about Nari?"

He gives her a small smile

"You think you guys are a secret? We know about everyone. Cecil, Alexis, Rebecca that half breed. You guys have been making quite a bit of waves the past few days. From overthrowing Norar to blowing up the School of Inferior Magic. Anyone who really wants to can piece these things together. And I doubt Dart doesn't know about these things as well. Now, I know he will attack us but we need a queen. And for that we need a Elf, not just any Elf but royalty. As it stands you and your daughter are the only ones available."

>"But-"

He holds up his hand to her

"To be quite frank I do not trust you. We need a queen and you need time magic. Seems like a fair trade right? Unlike the others we Light Elves keep our word. If you provide us with a queen not only will we teach some Time Magic but you will have an entire Light Elf Army at your disposal. Well?"

he watches her with that same grin
>>
No. 184730 ID: e31d52

>>184725
"Listen here, and wipe that smug smile off your fucking face. We're here not to help you, but to WARN YOU. Dart's coming, and he's going to fuck you up. You want to join us, great, fine, you want to make some of us baby ovens, we'll be right on our way. Put it this way, bright eyes, the way I see it, your lack of babies is a distant issue compared to the one that is coming at you WITHIN A FEW MONTHS. So either help us kill this asshole, or we're gone. Or you go hide out. It's up to you. We don't give a shit."

I'M FUCKING SERIOUS WE ARE DOING HIM A FAVOUR NOT ASKING HIM FOR ONE JEGUS FUK
>>
No. 184734 ID: 1ac39d

i say we leave. this guy is a royal pain in the ass. just say " i think- " and teleport.

cause it would be a fair trade, if you were an uncaring jackass.
>>
No. 184735 ID: a594b9

>>184725
"Sorry."
Teleport out immediately.
>>
No. 184737 ID: 701a19

>>184725
Hand him cell stone, say "I'll consider your offer when I am not burdened by so many pressing matters." and teleport out.

He's a racist jerk. He insults our friends, you, and your entire race in the same breath as he dares to try and coerce you into a race change, mind wipe, and marriage.

I fully expect him to try and pull a fast one, so be careful.

@I Shop: Do you know anybody we could get to teach us Time magic without having to go through the Light Elf king?
>>
No. 184738 ID: a594b9

Oh, but drop your Cell Stone beforehand. We should at least give him a more detailed explanation of why we can't accept this offer.
>>
No. 184744 ID: a594b9

I should note that his eyes are red right now which means he is angry. Do not stick around. Do not take any risks. Teleport as soon as possible. Just leave a cell stone behind.
>>
No. 184746 ID: 701a19

>>184737
Correction: Drop the Cell Stone and teleport out immediately. His eyes are RED, so he's about to get violent and you need to be FAR away when that happens.
>>
No. 184749 ID: cf68aa
File 127511343291.png - (37.14KB , 500x500 , 1090.png )
184749

Chel drops a Cell stone

>"I'm sorry"

She t

>"just one little question, how do you know about Nari?"

He gives her a small smile

"You think you guys are a secret? We know about everyone. Cecil, Alexis, Rebecca that half breed. You guys have been making quite a bit of waves the past few days. From overthrowing Norar to blowing up the School of Inferior Magic. Anyone who really wants to can piece these things together. And I doubt Dart doesn't know about these things as well. Now, I know he will attack us but we need a queen. And for that we need a Elf, not just any Elf but royalty. As it stands you and your daughter are the only ones available."

>"But-"

He holds up his hand to her

"To be quite frank I do not trust you. We need a queen and you need time magic. Seems like a fair trade right? Unlike the others we Light Elves keep our word. If you provide us with a queen not only will we teach some Time Magic but you will have an entire Light Elf Army at your disposal. Well?"

he watches her with that same grin

"Hmm? So, you can teleport."
>>
No. 184752 ID: a594b9

>>184749
"And you can Rewind."
Teleport out.
>>
No. 184754 ID: 1ac39d

"my dad now knows what you did" teleport.
>>
No. 184756 ID: e31d52

>>184749
"I'm sorry you need a Queen. But a man is coming to kill you very soon. And unless you have a life-threatening disease, any simpleton can tell which of these two is more important.


Remember this, 'King'. The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing. Just like you."

Then teleport out. Enough of this bullshit.
>>
No. 184757 ID: 701a19

>>184749
[Show her what he did]
He just used Rewind.
Say "Hmm? Ah, deja-vu. So, you cast rewind, then commented I can teleport. That means I tried to leave, and you decided not to let that happen.
Such dishonest tricks for somebody claiming to be honest."

Then drop the Cell Stone and teleport away.

@King Sils: He just used Rewind to keep Chel from leaving.
>>
No. 184758 ID: 1ac39d

if we are rewound again stop chel before she asks about nari and tell her "teleport, NOW!"
>>
No. 184759 ID: cf68aa
File 12751139766.png - (37.09KB , 500x500 , 1091.png )
184759

>"I'm sorry you need a Queen. But a man is coming to kill you very soon. And unless you have a life-threatening disease, any simpleton can tell which of these two is more important. Remember this, 'King'. The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing. Just like you."

She drops a Cell Stone and tel

>"just one little question, how do you know about Nari?"

He gives her a small smile

"You think you guys are a secret? We know about everyone. Cecil, Alexis, Rebecca that half breed. You guys have been making quite a bit of waves the past few days. From overthrowing Norar to blowing up the School of Inferior Magic. Anyone who really wants to can piece these things together. And I doubt Dart doesn't know about these things as well. Now, I know he will attack us but we need a queen. And for that we need a Elf, not just any Elf but royalty. As it stands you and your daughter are the only ones available."

>"But-"

He holds up his hand to her

"To be quite frank I do not trust you. We need a queen and you need time magic. Seems like a fair trade right? Unlike the others we Light Elves keep our word. If you provide us with a queen not only will we teach some Time Magic but you will have an entire Light Elf Army at your disposal. Well?"

he watches her with that same grin

"Oh, if you try to be rude and just leave I'll warp your heart out of your body okay? Manners are important my Lady."
>>
No. 184760 ID: e31d52

>>184759

>"Oh, if you try to be rude and just leave I'll warp your heart out of your body okay? Manners are important my Lady."

Relay this to King Sils IMMEDIATLY.
>>
No. 184761 ID: 1ac39d

"will you stop rewinding, you are giving me a headache, and my dad knows what you just said. if i don't get back soon he will take it as a declaration of war."
>>
No. 184762 ID: a594b9

>>184759
"You're right. I was being rude. Forgive me."

We've already declined his offer. Twice. He won't let us just teleport out so... Um, politely bow to him and go "By your leave."
>>
No. 184763 ID: e3f578

Alright, lets pull up a tear in this bitch. Chel, you need to let a river of water just fly the fuck outta your eyes and get this crude bastard all sympathetic. Let it fly that you cannot offer anything and are stuck in a rut, a corner. Make it look like your weak and helpless and pathetic and he'll be all "Aww shit, I don't wanna marry this bitch or her spawn"

You gotta emotionally manipulate otherwise you be late, you dig?
>>
No. 184764 ID: 701a19

>>184759
"You deny my friend the respect of a name, you decry my species as dishonest, you dismiss my allies as inferior, you insult my honor, you hold me prisoner here against my will, and then dare ask for my hand?
I would love to hear you explain these actions."
>>
No. 184765 ID: e31d52

Let's not forget
>threaten my life
somewhere in there, 7.
>>
No. 184767 ID: 701a19

>>184765
Oh, yes, that too.
>>
No. 184768 ID: 701a19

>>184762
Actually, go with this.
>>
No. 184769 ID: a594b9

Oh, and give him a cell stone... and tell him that we can keep in touch using it. If he wants.
>>
No. 184770 ID: cf68aa
File 127511615152.png - (28.49KB , 500x500 , 1092.png )
184770

>"You're right. I was being rude. F-Forgive me..."

"It is okay. Now I-"

Chel begins sobbing.

"Uhm..."

>"Oh god.. I don't know what else to do! You were my last hope.. Without the Light Elves by our side all will be lost... I'm at the end of my rope.. I-I..."

"M-My Lady?"

She keeps sobbing

>"Now we're all going to die and little Nari will be by herself. I'm a terrible mother..."

"W-Wait. Please don't cry."

He goes over to comfort her.
>>
No. 184774 ID: e31d52

>>184770
do ho ho ho.

All men fall for tears.
>>
No. 184775 ID: 701a19

>>184770
"I don't want the Light Elves to disappear; I want to help, but you ask for something I just can't do!"

Sob some more.

"Why can only the rulers have kids? I don't understand."
>>
No. 184777 ID: 1ac39d

"i can't marry you because then my father would declare war, and i can't make nari marry you because i just can't break her heart like that. any other available dark elf would love to marry you, why must it be a royal one?"
>>
No. 184778 ID: a594b9

>>184770
Whoa, you're good.

Now, we know that King Sils won't allow a marriage between you and him (and honestly I can understand why)... perhaps we can make a deal? The next Dark Elf born of the ruling class gets sent to the Light Elves. Like, as soon as they're born. It will be as if they were a Light Elf for their entire lives even without the memory wipe, so that's not so bad right?
>>
No. 184782 ID: 701a19

>>184778
I'm not going to promise Nari's firstborn child, and I'd rather solve this without sacrificing somebody to appease the light elves.

If we can't save the person in the box, then they might be an option.
>>
No. 184785 ID: a594b9

>>184782
Ooooh, that's an interesting idea... if the person in that box is Chel's daughter then we might just be able to give the king what he wants.
>>
No. 184786 ID: cf68aa
File 127511889997.png - (27.23KB , 500x500 , 1093.png )
184786

>"I don't want the Light Elves to disappear; I want to help, but i can't marry you because then my father would declare war, and i can't make nari marry you because i just can't break her heart like that. any other available dark elf would love to marry you, why must it be a royal one?"

"Well it's um.. It's tradition."

>"Please king.. If you send someone to Central to help us I will be in your debt."

"......"

He sighs

"Okay. I will send a small group by tomorrow."

>"Oh thank you so much!"

She hugs him tightly and slips a Cell Stone in his pocket.

"Okay okay. You may leave."

She gives a polite bow and heads out

>Hehe. I am good.
>>
No. 184787 ID: a594b9

>>184786
Chel, you are awesome. Thank you for coming up with that strategy on your own.

Anything we can do for you as thanks?
>>
No. 184788 ID: 701a19

>>184786
*claps*
Well done! We should have let you handle this from the start!
Meanwhile, we've got things to do. Talk to you soon!

[Switch to RJ and Felix]
>>
No. 184792 ID: 1ac39d

nice, you are smooth.

[those look good.]
>>
No. 184807 ID: 6af432

Go the 'non-hypothetical hypothetical' route. Y'know. The whole 'hey. What if I got pregnant one of these times?' thing. Up to you if you follow up with the logical reveal after that. Something like... "What if that time was a few (insert appropriate timeframe here) back?"
>>
No. 184839 ID: 701a19

>>184807
"Felix, I shoulda asked before we started, but what would we do if I got preggers?
We haven't been using protection, so I'm kinda worried."
>>
No. 184972 ID: 701a19

>>184839
Oh! Wait! We know a guy who can use time magic, and we remember everything when somebody casts rewind!
Does knowing that make it any easier for you to tell him?
>>
No. 184980 ID: cf68aa
File 127517240630.png - (14.27KB , 500x409 , 1095.png )
184980

>Guys... I can't tell him this.

>We're supposed to just be friends ya know?

>And.. If I need to I can raise a baby on my own.

>Besides it's really not that noticeable.
>>
No. 184981 ID: 476456

Just tell him or we'll have him rub your tummy
>>
No. 184983 ID: a594b9

>>184980
Okay, if you say so. He'll find out eventually, you know... but if you're willing to raise it on your own I'm sure he'll be more relaxed about it.

I mean, the main problem men have with being a father is the feeling of being tied down to one person, and forced to take care of something that needs a LOT of attention. It's the responsibility and lack of freedom.
>>
No. 184984 ID: b14128

>>184980
RJ, it's going to -be- noticable. You said yourself, you can't hide it much longer. Better to tell him now then let him figure it out on his own.
>>
No. 184986 ID: 1ac39d

it's been, what? 12 days since you conceive?
you can also tell him "i know we were supposed to just have a fling, but since we didn't use protection..." then show him your belly , then while he is flipping out "it's okay, i should of realized that it could of happened sooner, i am already planning out how to raise it by myself, if you want to break it off i'll be okay."
>>
No. 184987 ID: 701a19

>>184980
Ah, I see.

>No! I can't tell him! What if he didn't want the kid!?

>I don't wanna tell him now. I'll tell him in the morning when he's awake and less likely to freak out ya know?

Your words.

Well, as much as I hate to do this I don't really have much of a choice.
Felix has a right to know. You should be the one to tell him, but if you refuse then we're going to have to tell him ourselves.

@Felix: Couldja come in here? RJ needs to tell you something, but she's scared and it's difficult for her to find the words.
>>
No. 184991 ID: cf68aa
File 127517377360.png - (29.86KB , 600x600 , 1096.png )
184991

>wait! Don't tell him anything or call him!

>I'll... I'll tell him.

She leaves and walks up to Felix who's gathering supplies

"ready?"

>"Yeah. So... Uhm..."

"Yes?"

>"Remember when I said I could see aura's and stuff?"

"Yes."

>"Well I found out it's a merfolk power. And uhm... Yeah I might have some merefolk parents."

"Really!? that's great! We should head to the mermaid lakes when we're done here! Maybe we c-"

>"also.. Uhm merfolk have another 'power'"

"What is it?"

>"well.. They tend to get pregnant right after they have sex."

"Huh. That's an unusual ability"
>>
No. 184995 ID: a594b9

>>184991
Felix is looking sharp. If only his mind were that sharp right now. Just let it sink in.

Also, I'd like to point out that you are not going to be visiting your parents until we deal with Dart. They're... kindof... um. There's a situation at the Mermaid Lakes. Just stay away from there. Nobody's in danger, but Dart has influence over the region so it's not safe for us to visit.
>>
No. 184997 ID: 701a19

>>184991
"Unless merfolk and part-merfolk use protection, it'll happen the first time, every time."
Then just look him in the eyes.
>>
No. 184999 ID: 1ac39d

>>184997
yes, one more hint before out right saying it is needed.
>>
No. 185000 ID: cf68aa
File 127517461717.gif - (34.17KB , 450x450 , 1097.gif )
185000

>"Unless merfolk and part-merfolk use protection, it'll happen the first time, every time."

"Okay. Th-"

He stops and looks at RJ. She just looks him in the eyes and nods
>>
No. 185001 ID: 1ac39d

@Felix: STAY!!!

don't worry, that's normal. thing landing on his foot should snap him out of it. i guess show him, maybe ask if he wants to feel.
>>
No. 185002 ID: a594b9

>>185000
Heh. Not surprising.

Ask him what he wants to do. Tell him you're willing to raise the baby on your own.
>>
No. 185008 ID: 701a19

>>185000
We'll go check on him.
[Switch to Felix]
Felix? Give her a hug and calm down.
She's been worried sick that you would reject her and the kid, so you need to stay here while you panic.

She's willing to raise the kid on her own, and didn't want to burden you with this until we pointed out you have a right to know and decide for yourself.

Anyway, you know how you said before that you can't be in a relationship until Dart is dead? Well, we've determined that fighting Dart head on is both futile and suicide. Instead we're setting up a few plots to force him into a lose/lose endgame situation. We still need your help, but hopefully you won't end up having to face Dart directly.
As it stands we have a few plans we could enact at any time in an attempt to take him down, but those aren't guaranteed success and would consume limited resources, tip our hand, not allow us to rescue his other victims, and would foul future plans significantly.
If you want to pursue a relationship with RJ, we can easily set you in a less risky position without compromising our plans or causing undue risk to others.
>>
No. 185018 ID: c4c313

>>185008

Hug her and tell her you'll always be there for her. Then you can skip town. But first and foremost manners are important!

>>184445

Okay, in terms of people with power, we've got the I-shop owner who eats souls, Master L who's on his last legs and has little concern over his past mass genocide, King Rai who has such an insecurity complex that he used magic to force us Cecil onto her knees instead of taking her good advice, the leader of the Dark Elves who wants to feast on our corpses, the leader of the Light Elves who wants to do the same thing but more politely, Gene who's a jerk and is very very far away right now, Eronen who did that to Nari

...and Dart.

Dart's the only one who's trying to make things better, and the people he's trying to kill don't seem all that nice if you ask me. Sure he's possessed by a demon but at least he isn't a demon. I challenge you to find a better ally than Dart in this fucked up world!

Frankly I don't think Dart is possessed by a demon. I think Dart is possessed by us. o.o
>>
No. 185025 ID: 660412

>>185000
Congratulations, Felix! You're gonna be a daddy! I'm jealous.

Now... You ARE going to be a man about this, right?
>>
No. 185030 ID: 701a19

>>185018
The I Shop owner does not eat souls, and I have no idea why you would think that.
L's perfectly fine, he just has five years left to live if we decide to not help him with that. Also, he feels pretty bad about what he has done, he's just too scared of death to stop.
I'm pretty certain King Rai is acting out of overwhelming guilt over what he did. He's so concerned about keeping other people from repeating his mistakes that he's completely unreasonable about it.
King Calett Sils hasn't done anything wrong as far as we can tell. He's abrasive and protective of Chel, but seems to be pretty reasonable. Mostly, people are worried because of his teeth.
The Light Elf King is a selfish and egotistical "LIGHT POWER!" jerk.
Gene is a jerk, but right now he's dead - not distant.
Eronen's actions don't make any sense; there's a good chance he didn't have a choice in the matter.

As far as Dart goes? He's the master of magic powered by destroying souls, and I think it might actually be a school of magic he created himself.

Also, I'm pretty certain we aren't possessing Dart. He does to many things that are repulsive to our nature.
>>
No. 185066 ID: c4c313

>>185030

>>/questdis/326270
>>
No. 185070 ID: cf68aa
File 127519295595.png - (18.91KB , 500x500 , 1098.png )
185070

>>185025
>Y-Yes... You're right. RJ holds my child.. I need to be a man and take responsibility.
---------------------------------------

"Rebecca..."

>"Y-yes?"

He moves in and holds

"You must have been so worried."

>"I was..."

"It's okay. I'd love to start a family with you. And I will do everything I can to support our child"

>"R-really...?"

"Yes. I care about you a lot"

>"I... I care about you to."

He continues holding her. RJ hugs him tightly. As her stomach presses against him Felix looks down in surprise

"Your stomach.."

>"Hehe.. Yeah my kind tend to go through this quickly."

He rubs her stomach and smiles. They embrace again

>Guys.. I don't mean to be rude but can you leave us alone for a bit?
>>
No. 185072 ID: 1ac39d

no prob [switch to alex]
>>
No. 185074 ID: 701a19

>>185070
Just to be sure, you're being honest about wanting to start a family together, right? That wasn't just to comfort her?

Also? Consider soulbinding with her.
Also, also? If your family is still alive, I'm sure they would love to meet her.

We'll get out of your way, now.

[Switch to Alex]

How's the discussion going?
>>
No. 185080 ID: cf68aa
File 127519402364.png - (31.13KB , 600x600 , 1099.png )
185080

>>185072
----------------------------------

>MYA!? Oh! Hey guys/

She rolls the sleeve of her robe up.

>I was just changing mya.

>>185074
>Ah that. Well we tried the plan but turns out Norue took over almost immediately. We're in Central now and the whole place is pretty messed up mya. And Norue's locked up the castle so no one's getting in or out. And.. Gene's dead now mya. We're pretty sure he is at least. Things are pretty chaotic mya.
>>
No. 185081 ID: e31d52

Your arm. That pattern. You don't have to get naked, but show us what the hell is up with that.
>>
No. 185083 ID: 24d5e7

>>185081

Sure she does.
>>
No. 185085 ID: e31d52

Actually, yeah, we need to examine you. Make sure nothing was missed.
>>
No. 185087 ID: cf68aa
File 127519529794.png - (31.38KB , 600x600 , 1100.png )
185087

>>185081
>It's nothing mya. And I'm not getting naked you pervs!
>>
No. 185089 ID: 701a19

>>185080
Yes, we know Gene is dead. We were there when it happened. We're curious where is corpse is, though, since it would help to have him stop being dead.

Can you get in touch with Gawain? He might be able to arrange a meeting, or at least get our instructions to Norue.
I hope Norue is more reasonable than Rai; I really don't want to be forced to kill him, but I can't let him risk the lives of so many people with his botched handling of this crisis.

What's that on your shoulder? It looks like the undeath blight, but that wouldn't even make sense.
Nevermind, it's a health problem and you should summon the light spirit to heal it. What caused the injury it's spreading from?
Wait, you've been rubbing that spot for more than 10 days... Alex, what's wrong?
Shit, you've got blood poisoning. The Denhider tagged you, didn't it?
Wait, no... If it was easily cured, you would have done so already. That means it must be resistant to magic, or a symptom of something that is.

[Cast Vel on Alex via the Red Stone.]
>>
No. 185090 ID: e31d52

>>185087
Nothing? Just like your past was 'Not an issue'? Just like you were 'Fine with Cecil and Nari?"

Aahahahahahah. Cute. Now what the hell happened to your arm?

Also, fyi, we're a bunch of disembodied voices. Nothing to gain from seeing you naked.
>>
No. 185091 ID: 1ac39d

we are also emanating from Cecil, who has already seen you naked.

but that's beside the point. would think you learned that nothing is 'Nothing' it ether does not exist, in which case we would of never seen it, or it is something.
>>
No. 185096 ID: 701a19

>>185091
Cecil nothing, we've seen her naked directly.
>>
No. 185097 ID: cf68aa
File 127519746174.png - (18.22KB , 387x341 , 1101.png )
185097

>Sorry, the castle is locked down. No one's getting in or out. I can't talk to anyone from there mya. Unless Rai's stone is still in his office.

>>185090
>.... fine.

She pulls down her sleeve. Most of the fur on her arm has fallen off showing the soft skin underneath. There are lines all over her arm. They all connect to a blueish bruise.
>>
No. 185098 ID: 701a19

>>185097
Ok, Alex. What caused that, and why haven't you had it healed?
Does it negate magic? Is it a soul infection? What?
>>
No. 185099 ID: e31d52

>>185097
Sweet mother of jesus on a pogostick what the flying buttered biscuits is that
>>
No. 185100 ID: 1ac39d

you may be better off getting that arm taken off and growing a new one. something tells me that thing is just going to get much worse then deadly.
>>
No. 185101 ID: c4c313
File 127519790122.png - (1.34KB , 300x223 , jiiiiii.png )
185101

Oh god it's staring at me
>>
No. 185102 ID: 3297aa

>>185099
Something bad, I imagine.
>>
No. 185106 ID: 701a19

>>185098
Oh, and the barracks of the Royal Army Mages are outside the castle, right?
If they are, then go there and take control.
If not, then commandeer the local police force.
If the RAMs are the local police force, then we call in our allies and establish an interim police state while Norue is off crying in a corner.
>>
No. 185108 ID: 1ac39d

oh jeez, i think it may be a shade.
>>
No. 185109 ID: 701a19

>>185106
@Cecil: What are you doing right now?

[Show this to Cecil]

@Cecil: She's had this since before your coma so don't rush anything, but we need more information to treat it.
>>
No. 185116 ID: cf68aa
File 127519939626.png - (16.03KB , 500x500 , 1102.png )
185116

>>185106
>TOTAL LOCKDOWN MYA. No one's going near anything. Don't you think we tried that mya?

>>185108
>Yeah.. It's a shade. It bit me back when we were in the School mya. Magic doesn't work on Shade bites. They're cursed wounds.

>>185109
>Oh no you don't mya.

Alex prevents the voices from talking to anyone

>If I hear you guys tell Cecil anything I'll blow you up, got it?
>>
No. 185117 ID: 1ac39d

well then, cut your arm off and seal the wound. find some way to heal it and cecil will never know.
>>
No. 185123 ID: c4c313

>>185116

Oh, so this is an old wound. No problem then! We can keep your secret. We just thought it had suddenly appeared over the last 10 days.
>>
No. 185125 ID: e31d52

>>185116
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT ALEX.

LISTEN HERE. YOU CURRENTLY HAVE TWO FUCKING OPTIONS.

OPTION ONE: LET THAT SHIT FESTER AND SPREAD, THEN GOD KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU. CECIL WILL LOSE YOU, POSSIBLY FOREVER, AND NARI WILL MISS YOU TERRIBLY.

OPTION TWO: TELL CECIL, GET HELP, GET THIS SORTED OUT RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

I'M SORRY FOR YELLING, BUT THIS IS GENERALLY THE ONLY WAY TO GET YOU TO LISTEN.
>>
No. 185126 ID: 701a19

>>185116
[Convey a facepalm to Alex]
Alex, we're part of Cecil's mind. Blowing us up requires doing very bad things to Cecil's brain meats.
The shade has already taken enough control to alter your mind; it's manifesting visually for us.
But alright, you have my word that I won't spread this information to Cecil.
>>
No. 185142 ID: cf68aa
File 127520129467.png - (19.39KB , 500x500 , 1103.png )
185142

>>185125
>Screw you voice. You don't understand mya.
She pulls her sleeve up
>>185126
>... Okay mya. Sorry, I didn't mean t- !!!

She falls over and begins coughing violenty. After a minute her fit passes and she stays on her knees breathing deeply.

>Oh god.. I.. I'm fine. I'm okay.
>>
No. 185144 ID: 1ac39d

alex, you need to tell cecil. if you don't then do you know what's going to happen? the shade will take over and when cecil tries to talk to you, your body will attack her and try to kill her. she will be forced to kill you. do you really want to put her through that?
>>
No. 185145 ID: 701a19

>>185142
Alex. You're bleeding blue from your mouth.
You aren't fine; it's eating you.

The I Shop owner. He doesn't talk about his customers as a matter of policy. I'll ask him for advice, and Cecil will never know.

[Show the I Shop owner Alex's condition]
@I Shop: Ok, so, do you have anything that will remove a Shade infection? Even one as advanced as this?
>>
No. 185148 ID: 1ac39d

>>185145
actually, yeah, let's go with that.
>>
No. 185150 ID: e31d52

>>185142
>Screw you voice.
Sorry, I'm taken at the moment, thanks for the offer.
>You don't understand mya.
You have serious trust issues about telling others about your problems because nothing gets done about them, right?

You say you love Cecil, and yet you cannot trust him to save your own fucking life.

Sad.
>>
No. 185155 ID: cf68aa
File 127520229123.png - (10.01KB , 500x500 , 1104.png )
185155

>>185150
>Sh-shut up.. I do trust her but.. You don't.. You don't...

She falls down.

>>185145
I shop Owner
>Depends stranger. There are two cures. One is a special herb that must be used at the wound within the first week of the bite. The only other cure is to have a Master Time User cast rewind on 'just' her body. I just happen to have said herb in stock if you wish to purchase it. It's G 2,000,000.
>>
No. 185160 ID: c4c313

>>185155

2 million huh. Tempting, but unfortunately the bite we have to treat is a lot older than a week. I wonder if we could convince the Light Elves to use Alex instead of Nari...
>>
No. 185161 ID: b14128

>>185155
...Uh... ...Yeah, err... It's been longer than a week. And the person who was bitten just started bleeding something blue from their eyes and mouth and collapsed. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that's bad, right?
>>
No. 185163 ID: e31d52

@I-shop: Uh.... payment plan? ;^^

@Alex: No. You don't. You're afraid that Cecil will ignore it or won't be able to do anything, and that's why you kept your mouth shut. You are our friend, Alex, we care about you, we love you a great deal. But we cannot do anything without the help of others! If you restrict us from doing anything, you're only making your prophesies come true and establishing this myth you have more solidly. I'm not a professional psychologist, but god damnit woman, you have people around you who would give their lives, AND THEIR MASCULINITY, to help you! Are you just going to ignore them?!
>>
No. 185164 ID: 1ac39d

what if we use soul lock to take out the uninfected portion, kill the body then revive it?
>>
No. 185165 ID: cf68aa
File 127520292167.png - (7.36KB , 500x500 , 1105.png )
185165

>More then a week? Sorry to say this stranger but she's screwed. I suggest you kill her because death is better then being a Shade. Pray that it has not latched onto her soul.

>Though... There is one more way to cure her.

>I'll sell you the info for G20,000
>>
No. 185168 ID: a594b9

>>185165
Uhh... do we still owe you money?
>>
No. 185171 ID: 701a19

>>185155
Does it involve a soul mage and a wizard? Or is it a new spell?
We're already plotting out alternative solutions, and we've got a pretty good idea how to fix this. We were just looking for a simpler solution.

Also, while we DO love your shop and have cash available, we don't have 200PP in cash.
>>
No. 185173 ID: cf68aa
File 127520352412.png - (7.40KB , 500x500 , 1106.png )
185173

>>185168
>No, not really.

>>185171
>I help out with the boys quest all the time but business is business. I'm not givin it away for free. Do you want the info?
>>
No. 185175 ID: a594b9

>>185173
Yes please. We've got enough for it. It'll wipe out most of our funds... but Alex is worth it.
>>
No. 185176 ID: b14128

>>185173
Well, the herb is useless to us anyway. Yeah, we'd like the info. It's gonna empty our pockets, though.
>>
No. 185179 ID: 1ac39d

yes, deal my good man.
>>
No. 185181 ID: 701a19

>>185173
Ah, our plan was to have a soul user rip the soul out of her body, kill her body, take a snippet of the tips of her hair, use the zeroon wand to grow a new body, purge the taint from the soul, then bind the soul to the new body.

If that's NOT it, then we'll take your fix.
>>
No. 185183 ID: cf68aa
File 127520428438.png - (7.92KB , 500x500 , 1107.png )
185183

>>185181
>>185179

>Clever but no. Just have her hug her true love and say Egkataleipo.

>That's it.
>>
No. 185185 ID: b14128

You're completely serious arn't you?
>>
No. 185186 ID: 701a19

>>185183
Huh. That's... Deceptively simple.

Well, now that we've got 2PP on our tab, can you tell us if our method would have worked?

[Send Cecil an urge to go to where Alex is right now.]
>>
No. 185187 ID: a594b9

>>185183
ಠ_ಠ

Okay man. If you say so.

[switch to Alex]
Well. Um. This is going to sound crazy...
>>
No. 185188 ID: 1ac39d

[switch to cecil]
cecil, alex is hurt, get to her, fast!
if that doesn't work then
[switch to Alex]
Alex, we just bought info from the i-shop. the cure is to have cecil hug you and say Egkataleipo, that's it. please, you have to find ceil.
>>
No. 185191 ID: cf68aa
File 127520495297.png - (14.48KB , 500x500 , 1108.png )
185191

-------------------

>Hug and say that...

>I'm fine dammit mya...

>I don't need some damn cure... I'll be okay.
>>
No. 185193 ID: a594b9

>>185191
Fucking hell.

You're gonna die! Let us contact Cecil! Tell us why you won't let us!
>>
No. 185194 ID: e31d52

>>185191
[mental slap]
GOD DAMNIT WE BOUGHT THIS WITH THE LAST OF OUR MONEY AND WE LOVE YOU SO FUCKING USE IT
>>
No. 185195 ID: 701a19

>>185191
Actually, you're dying. Horribly.

Well, less that you're dying and more that you're embarking on a hellish bastardization of life that will continue until the end of the shade's mercifully 'short' life a few decades from now.

[Show her what she looks like]
The shade is manipulating your mind. You need to fight it.
>>
No. 185196 ID: 1ac39d

so you prefer to die alone on the ground rather then let cecil know? it's getting very hard to believe that you love Cecil when you can't even ask her for the littlest smidgen of help.
>>
No. 185199 ID: cf68aa
File 127520542837.png - (15.42KB , 500x500 , 1109.png )
185199

>>185193
>>185196
>>185195
>>185194

>Oh gods... I don't know what's wrong with me mya.. Just.. Go tell Cecil.

>I'm scared.
>>
No. 185201 ID: a594b9

>>185199
@Cecil: FFFFUUUUCK GET TO ALEX FAST
>>
No. 185204 ID: e31d52

>>185201
WE MEAN RIGHT NOW CECIL GO GO GO YOUR LOVER IS DYING
>>
No. 185206 ID: 701a19

>>185199
[Project Alex's location]
@Cecil: Alex is infected with a Shade. She's bleeding blue, and you're the only person who can cure her. Bring Nari, too.

The info on how to cure her set us back 2pp, unfortunately.
>>
No. 185207 ID: 1ac39d

@cecil, get to alex as fast as you can, hug her and say "Egkataleipo" YES, WE KNOW IT SOUNDS WEIRD BUT JUST DO IT!
>>
No. 185211 ID: cf68aa
File 127520620259.png - (24.42KB , 500x500 , 1110.png )
185211

Cecil rushes t find Alexis. She bursts into the room she's in and picks her up. Alex holds Cecil

>"Egkataleipo."

She feels as though a cloud was lifted off her mind. She holds Cecil tight and starts crying.

>"Oh god... Cecil.. I was so scared mya.."

"....."

>"Cecil?"
>>
No. 185215 ID: 34470e
File 127520645631.png - (66.36KB , 480x640 , 2f3634133cfded37bd37d2975a803c08.png )
185215

@I shop guy
>>
No. 185217 ID: a594b9

>>185211
[switch to Cecil]
ffff. Banish it!
>>
No. 185218 ID: 1ac39d

@i-shop: could we have those herbs now and just owe you for like ever?
>>
No. 185219 ID: 701a19

>>185211

Alex, are you completely cured? Even the bite mark is gone?
If so, then use your alchemy to cut off your right arm and legs. If not, cut off the tips of your hair.

We did this the I Shop's way and it screwed us over.
Now? Now we're doing this my way.

@I Shop: Yea, ok, that was a dick move. What was the point of it?

[Direct Chel to our location]
@Chel: We need somebody with great skill at soul magic here.
>>
No. 185222 ID: 701a19

>>185218
Ye-No. Not happening.
We did this your way, now we will do this MYway.
>>
No. 185232 ID: cf68aa
File 127520788262.png - (24.05KB , 500x500 , 1111.png )
185232

>>185219
I Shop Owner
>Hehehe... It's a spell I made. I wanted to see if it really worked. By forcing the creature into the one she loves body she gets healed. The beast is thrust into a new body unwillingly. It's already altered itself to fit it's new host only.

>So it'll be dying. The first thing it'll want to do it attack it's old host and try to bite her again. If this Cecil loves her enough though he'll be able to resist this urge and the demon will simply die within his body.

>Neat little spell isn't it?
--------------------------------------------

>"Cecil..? Cecil are you okay?"

>Guys... She won't let go of me. Can you check on her?
----------------------------------------------

>
No! How did I get here!? Damn it! Bit her! KILL HER!

>N-no... I can't do that.
>
She was willing to kill you just so she could be rid of me! Do the same!

>I....
[i]Cecil moves in closer to Alex's neck
>>
No. 185233 ID: a594b9

>>185232
That's not true! SHE DIDN'T KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

Come on, Cecil. I know having your mind fragmented made you a little out of it, but you know better than this. Alex loves you dearly. You love her too, don't you?

Just hang in there. Don't bite here and this will pass. The shade will die.
>>
No. 185234 ID: 1ac39d

She didn't ask you to come her, we did. we are you cecil, remember. she didn't want you to come here she wanted to do it by herself. that other voice? it's a shade, it wants to get back into Alex, it wants to kill her. it can't kill you, it is already built to work on her. it is dying, it is afraid.
>>
No. 185238 ID: 701a19

>>185232
Pfft, she didn't even know what the word meant, we just told her to say it.
Right now she's flipping out over the possibility of having hurt you.

Anyway, I'm going to make you an offer, little shade.
We are perfectly capable of making an empty duplicate of Alex for you to infect. It won't have a soul, but it would be otherwise identical.
All we ask is that you go peacefully. How does that sound to you?

@I Shop: Yea, you coulda told us that. So, do you think my method would have worked?
>>
No. 185240 ID: 34470e
File 127520845462.png - (82.36KB , 1044x953 , 1.png )
185240

@Cecil: Don't believe in yourself. Believe in Alex, who believes in you! You know what the right decision is!
>>
No. 185243 ID: cf68aa
File 127520904620.png - (23.81KB , 500x500 , 1112.png )
185243

>>185238
>>185240
>>185233
>>185234

>NO!

She stops herself from biting Alex.

>
WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? BITE HER BITE HER!


>No... I won't. And you're going to die...

>
NO!

>>
No. 185244 ID: cf68aa
File 127520907121.png - (24.74KB , 500x500 , 1113.png )
185244

Cecil feels the last of the Shade leave her body
>>
No. 185245 ID: cf68aa
File 127520910714.png - (23.42KB , 500x500 , 1114.png )
185245

>........
>.........

>What just happened?
>>
No. 185249 ID: a594b9

>>185245
The I Shop owner saved our butts again, that's what. Of course we paid him. It's just business.
>>
No. 185252 ID: 1ac39d

good job Cecil. you sucked a shade out of Alex and were saved by another one of the I-shops test spells. it worked because the shade was all set up to live in a catfolk body it couldn't survive in yours.

@i-shop: i request some form of compensation for being guinea pigs for this. you can pick what is, but yeah, just something...
>>
No. 185256 ID: a594b9

>>185252
I think the compensation was the incredible discount he gave us on what was obviously a very valuable spell.
>>
No. 185259 ID: 701a19

>>185245
Damn, it died. I was hoping it would accept my offer.
Anyway, once Alex is calm you should probably head out and get to work. As it stands? Norue took his government and went home. We can't even talk to the police.
On the upshot, this means he won't interfere if we get our allies to send in some soldiers and form an interim government police state while he's crying in the corner.

@I Shop: It worked. So, tell me, would my plan have succeeded?
>>
No. 185271 ID: cf68aa
File 127521068639.png - (8.21KB , 500x500 , 1115.png )
185271

Cecil and Alex talk about the Shade and what happened. Alex says she's sorry for now telling Cecil sooner and that the shade had her under it's control.

They talk a bit longer and hold each other


>>185259
>>185252

I Shop Owner
>Heh... I'll give you another charge on that wand. how's that sound stranger?

>Also I think it may have worked. 'May have'.
----------------------------------------------

>I'm aware that Norue has locked up the castle. I'm about to go there again to try and get in.

>"Alex, do you want to go with me to the Castle?"

"Mya... I need to talk to Nari okay?"

>"Okay.."

She kissed Alex and heads off to the castle.
When she gets there she knocks on the door loudly. After doing this for an hour a small hatch opens. It's Norue


"Yes Cecil?"

>"Norue. we need someone to run Central while Rai is gone. I think I can do this"

"Hmm.. Well the rules say if you can beat me in battle it's all yours. But that is the only way I'd ever hand over Central City to you."

>Battle Norue...?
>>
No. 185275 ID: 1ac39d

"oh, well then i guess i will ju-" RUNE THOUGHT then leap to the side. if it goes right you will of cought him by surprise and dodged his counter.
>>
No. 185282 ID: cf68aa
File 127521199712.png - (23.54KB , 500x500 , 1116.png )
185282

>>185275
>"oh, well then i guess i will ju-RUNE THOUGHT!"

Cecil jumps back as the spells hits. Norue opens the door and steps out

"Cecil... Did you forget I'm a sword user?"

>Oh.. Damn..
>>
No. 185283 ID: 701a19

>>185271
"Ugh, I don't even want to think about that, but Central needs what I can bring to the table.
What would the terms be? First blood? First to yield?"
>>
No. 185285 ID: 701a19

>>185282
Pull out a Soul blade, cast Blazen, and defend yourself.
[Cast Light on Norue's working eye via the Red Stone]
[Cast Sub 0 on Norue via the Red Stone]
>>
No. 185286 ID: 1ac39d

okay, he may have swords but he can't use enchantments. if soul slash can block swords the use that. maybe use the golden knife to block and cut his sword.
>>
No. 185288 ID: 701a19

>>185285
Oh, Cecil, what can you tell us about Norue's abilities?
What equipment does he have that negates magic?
His style?
>>
No. 185291 ID: cf68aa
File 127521305119.png - (12.72KB , 500x600 , 1117.png )
185291

>>185288
>I've never fought him!
>All I have to go by is rumo-HOLY CRAP HE'S COMING CLOSER!

"We shall fight until the other yeilds. Agreed?"

>"S-Sure.."
>>
No. 185294 ID: 701a19

>>185291
When the fight starts, use your Alchemy to impale him from behind while conjure a soul blade.
Meanwhile, we're going to be hitting him like the fist of an angry god.
>>
No. 185296 ID: 1ac39d

hold the golden knife in one hand, it is the SHARPEST blade there is so it may be able to cut his admittedly powerful swords. just use it to block though, focus on your magic.
>>
No. 185298 ID: cf68aa
File 127521463281.png - (25.57KB , 500x500 , 1118.png )
185298

>>185294
Cecil does this. Norue spins around and cuts the spike in half then in the same motion throws his blade at Cecil. Cecil doges it and it suddenly flies back into Norue's hand

>What the-!?

"Hehe"

Norue charges at Cecil. She casts Soul Blade just as Norue stabs at her. She blocks in and jumps back. She pulls out the Goldeon Dagger and goes on the defensive. Norue throws the blade at an amazing speed and cuts through Cecil's calf. She winces in pain and falls a bit.

"Shatter Point"

Norue brushes his hand along the air. A wall crumbles right behind where Cecil was. Norue's blade flies back into his hand

"Had enough yet?"
>>
No. 185301 ID: a594b9

>>185298
"Yes please stop."
>>
No. 185302 ID: 701a19

>>185298
"Nope."
[Cast Cure-all on Cecil via the Red Stone]
[Cast Light on Norue's good eye via the Red Stone]
[Cast Sub 0 on Norue via the Red Stone]

Use your magic to deflect his sword so it will slam into the edge of the Goldeon Knife, and keep on the defensive.
>>
No. 185303 ID: 1ac39d

[red stone cast light on his eyes and major heal on Cecil]
Cecil, we'll try to keep you stable and provide support. just keep fight. if you can smack one of the blades with the knife it will make a huge difference, what good is a swordsman without swords?

[use red stone to fire off most powerful version of each element, inferno, sub 0, bolt, black hole and then tornado in rapid fire.]
>>
No. 185306 ID: cf68aa
File 127521581418.png - (187.40KB , 500x600 , 1119.png )
185306

The Red Stone casts many spells with varying success. They all hit Norue dead on and a Light spell blinds him. He is slammed into a wall by the pure elemental energy. He breaks through the wall.
There's smoke and dust everywhere.


>.... Did I win?
>>
No. 185307 ID: 701a19

>>185306
No. Keep back from the dust cloud since he's probably going to come lunging out of there.
Actually, cast Wind to blow it away so you can see him.
>>
No. 185308 ID: 1ac39d

assume you didn't. assume he is still perfectly fine and be ready for it.
>>
No. 185309 ID: a594b9

I agree with casting wind from a distance so you can see his condition.

He is probably perfectly fine.
>>
No. 185310 ID: cf68aa
File 127521620126.png - (93.16KB , 500x600 , 1120.png )
185310

Cecil casts Wind
>>
No. 185311 ID: 1ac39d

OH GOD HIS EYEPATCH CAME OFF! he is in serious mode! back the fuck away!
>>
No. 185312 ID: e31d52

hide
>>
No. 185313 ID: 701a19

>>185310
He took off his eyepatch.
Shit.

Cast Nil to swap his sword with one of your mana potions.
[Cast Baraast on Norue via the Red Stone]
[Cast Petrify on Norue via the Red Stone]

Also, say "Wait, is that a Dark World eye I see?"
>>
No. 185317 ID: 1ac39d

[cast wind shield on cecil with red stone]
>>
No. 185318 ID: a594b9

"I yield!"
>>
No. 185320 ID: 1ac39d

while he is down jam a Phoenix down into your gut. and hide it under your shirt.
>>
No. 185322 ID: 701a19

>>185318
No we don't.
Cast Petrify on him, Cecil.
>>
No. 185323 ID: a594b9

@Alex: Um, could you watch the fight from a distance so you can use a Phoenix Down on Cecil if needed?

I mean, I know his body isn't going to get totally annihilated or anything so we're not really in any trouble here but even so I'd like to be sure he's not dead for very LONG.
>>
No. 185324 ID: cf68aa
File 127521739949.png - (19.07KB , 500x500 , 1121.png )
185324

The Red Stone casts Petrify at 6% power.

>"Wait, is that a Da-HGG!"

Norue's blade is sticking out of Cecil's chest.
>>
No. 185326 ID: 8c0848

Cast Nil to swap his pants with one of your mana potions.
>>
No. 185327 ID: a594b9

>>185324
SAY YOU YIELD.

[cast Major Heal via the Red Stone after the sword is pulled out]
>>
No. 185330 ID: 701a19

>>185324
Ok, this isn't all that bad.
Use the Goldeon Knife to cut his sword in half, then jam a phoenix Down into your own body, then impale him with an earth spike.
[Cast Banish on Norue's lungs via the Red Stone]
[Cast Mereet on Cecil via the Red Stone]
[Cast Nil via the Red Stone, swapping a spare Cell Stone for Norue's pants]

[Switch to Norue]

@Alex and Nari: Cecil is fighting Norue right now, and we need you here in case Cecil dies.
>>
No. 185331 ID: 1ac39d

use golden knife on sword, pull it out, then cast zeroon. he already made it lethal he can't prosecute you worse!
>>
No. 185333 ID: cf68aa
File 127521829683.png - (37.44KB , 600x600 , 1122.png )
185333

>>185326>>185330>>185331
>NO! SCREW YOU GUYS! I'M DONE!
>OH FUCK! THIS HURTS! IT WENT RIGHT THROUGH MY BREAST!

>"I yield! You win!"

Norue pulls his blade out, wipes the blood off and walks away. The Red Stone casts Major Heal at 67%

>Oh god... I forgot how powerful he was... This was suicide from the start.. Fuck...
>If I can't beat him what chance do I have against Dart...?


>I suck...

Cecil begins to lose consciousness.
>>
No. 185334 ID: a594b9

>>185333
Ugh. Major Heal kinda sucks. I wish there was another level past it but before Zeroon.

[cast Major Heal again from the Red Stone]

Hmm, Alex is busy with Nari. Would Chel be back yet?

@Chel: Hey can you come pick up Cecil and get him to a healer or something? We decided to pick a fight with Norue and it didn't go well.
>>
No. 185335 ID: 701a19

>>185333
DAMMIT! 30 more seconds and he would have been dead!

[Cast Nil via the Red Stone, swapping a spare Cell Stone for Norue's underpants]

[Switch to Norue]
So, think you could get a healer in here?

I'm kinda wondering what exactly were you trying to prove with this.
Unless I'm mistaken Shatter Point is a forbidden move, and this fight would have gone a lot differently if we used forbidden magic.
With Zeroon he would have kept going after being stabbed through the chest, with Thead you'd just be dead outright, and that's not even getting into Dark Mana.

So, really, what did you learn from this fight?
>>
No. 185340 ID: 701a19

>>185335
[Or a health potion, or whatever other equipment he has we could swap.]
>>
No. 185356 ID: 989437

Cecil you should get better and then try again. I am really angry at the way you handled yourself, yes you did suck because you couldn't defeat an idiot like that person you fought. Still though we do need you so get up focus on your anger and use that to push yourself foward and learn how to defeat him for the next time you meet him.

Also Switch to RJ, I want to see what she is doing.
>>
No. 185383 ID: 701a19

>>185356
Wow, what an asshole.
Cecil did exactly as we instructed up until the point when he panicked, and he panicked because he was dying from a sword-induced sucking chest wound. I challenge you to do better.
Cecil, I don't know if you'll hear or remember this, but I'm proud of you. My lamentations were because we came so close and failed, but you held strong even though you knew the odds we faced,
>>
No. 185392 ID: e3f578

Aww, dawg man we need a new master of magic. Cause bros, we got spells out the wazoo so its a strategy thing. Know who actually sorta atomized that badass Dart? Muthafucking Charles dawg. Lets go hit him up for some trainin'.
>>
No. 185425 ID: cf68aa
File 127525425472.png - (19.19KB , 506x500 , 1123.png )
185425

>>185392
>Ch-charles...?

>>185356
>>185383

>N-no... He's right.. I need to use this defeat.. I need to...

Cecil passes out.
----------------------------------------------
Chel
>Aww poor baby... He's gotta stop doing this. Poor Nari is gonna have a heart attack.
>>
No. 185441 ID: a594b9

'sup Chel. The Red Stone could use another Soul Heal if you don't mind.

How are his injuries? Norue is quite out of our league it seems.
>>
No. 185449 ID: 701a19

>>185425
I know, Chel. We wish we had better options.

It almost worked, but as it stands this improves our position for quite a few things.
Norue is going to respect Cecil more for forcing him to take the fight seriously. Now we can approach Norue and say that we would like a role as an advisor, and leverage our rather significant resources to our advantage.
For example? We have proper royalty who has been born and raised to run nations, we have personal alliances that put those of the kingdom to shame, we understand magic and its usage, and so on.
Norue's smart, so it shouldn't be too hard to convince him to give us a bit of control.

So, how IS Nari?
>>
No. 185487 ID: cf68aa
File 127526445136.png - (24.64KB , 500x500 , 1124.png )
185487

>>185449
>Hehe.. I've actually never run the kingdom. Or any kingdom for that matter. I have no idea how it works.

>Nari's doing a lot better. Her and Alex have spent the days reading and playing games.

>I think they're getting closer~

>I already cast Soul Heal on the Stone so it-

Knock Knock Knock

>.... That sounded to high up to be Nari and to hard for it to be Alex...
>>
No. 185496 ID: a594b9

>>185487
Hey... What happened to Gene anyway?

Go on and answer the door. Could be RJ or Felix.
>>
No. 185527 ID: 1ac39d

say "who is it" before you open it. with all the crazy wizards running around it would be a good idea to confirm.
>>
No. 185685 ID: 701a19

>>185487
Oh, it doesn't matter if you actually know what you're doing, just what he'll believe.
Besides, what he needs right now is crisis management, which is right up our alley.
Plus? You could ask your father to send a contingent of soldiers here to help defend the city, and have the Royal Army Mages teach them wizard magic in exchange.

Do you remember what happened to your ear?

It could be Norue or Gawain at the door.
>>
No. 185943 ID: cf68aa
File 127533906818.gif - (12.00KB , 450x322 , 1125.gif )
185943

>>185685
>My ear was bitten off by a Gram. It was not pleasant and I have never been able to grow it back. It also kinda messed up a bunch of the nerves so that ear doesn't feel as good.

She goes up to the door and asks who it is

There is no reply. She carefully opens it.

No one is around but there is a letter on the floor

>>
No. 185946 ID: 1ac39d

21? blackjack.
>>
No. 185947 ID: 701a19

>>185943
Ah, then we'll see what we can do to fix it. The nice thing about the human lands is that there's easy access to skilled healers.

Oh, and is the goldeon knife there? It would be very bad if Norue took it .

Couldja show us the note, please?

@RJ: How are you feeling now?
@Felix: Are you looking forward to fatherhood? Also, are you going to soulbind with RJ?
>>
No. 185951 ID: cf68aa
File 127534035652.png - (10.54KB , 500x600 , 1126.png )
185951

>>185947
RJ
>I'm feeling a lot better now.
Felix
>Uhm... It was quite sudden.. But... I'm happy.
-----------------------------------------------

>It's not the healing that's a problem. It's just a cursed wound. Nothing can heal those.

>Anyway I got the knife back, now let's read this note...

>Oh.
>Uh huh...

>Oh wow!
>>
No. 185956 ID: a594b9

>>185951
What's it say? We can't read it.
>>
No. 185959 ID: cf68aa
File 127534101442.png - (10.56KB , 500x600 , 1127.png )
185959

>>185956
>Oh! I'm sorry, I forgot. The note reads

I found the answer to your healing problems. Item 21 will recover any wounds at a price. Go to the Hospital and look for a man in a brown cloak. Ask him for item twenty one. Good Luck.
>>