[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 171)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 124494266964.png - (246.00KB , 800x600 , Edge of the World.png )
171 No. 171 ID: 35cea2

Somewhere near the edge of the world...
Expand all images
>>
No. 172 ID: 35cea2
File 124494271096.png - (32.22KB , 800x600 , Discovery.png )
172

A man discovers that the world will end
>>
No. 173 ID: 35cea2
File 124494343513.png - (15.53KB , 683x331 , Fone Call.png )
173

"You've reached the Astronomical Studies Society, this Roger Callisto, how may I be of service?"
"Roger! I have finally found conclusive evidence the entire world will end within the month!"
"God damnit, its you again."
"This is serious! I have proof this time, if you would just let me speak to the Director I'm sure we could-"
"No"
"But sir-"
"I said no!"
"Roger, I won't stop talking unless I can have a meeting with the Director. It will hardly take an hour and the fate of the world hangs in the balance."
"*sigh* Fine, I guess you can come in a few days. I'll tell the guards not to shoot you on sight."
"Oh thank you! When I save the whole planet from destruction, I will be sure to let everyone know what help you were."
"I hate you Simon."
>>
No. 175 ID: bde1b8

...Proceed.
>>
No. 177 ID: 35cea2
File 124494555135.png - (32.18KB , 800x600 , You tell me.png )
177

Simon Betelgeuse needs to travel to the A.S.S. Headquarters and somehow convince the Director to help him stop the destruction of the world.

First off he should probably find his MAP and get some supplies for the trip. Simon is not a strong man, I wager he probably couldnt carry over 50 lbs of stuff.
>>
No. 180 ID: 5eddce

First things first.
write an extensive astro-alchemical report to present to the director upon arrival, then pack the sky charts on the wall for further evidence. other than that we need 30ft of rope and a 10ft pole.
>>
No. 181 ID: bde1b8

>>180
Especially the ten foot pole. It will be great for getting into the A.S.S.
>>
No. 185 ID: 35cea2
File 124494981146.png - (3.64KB , 211x163 , Noats.png )
185

Simon gets all of his important DOOMSDAY NOTES. He really doesn't need anything else to convince the Director.

There is neither ROPE nor POLE in this room.
>>
No. 186 ID: bde1b8

>>185
Take one of your really big books with you, it should be useful.
>>
No. 187 ID: 5eddce

Open the hatch & descend.
>>
No. 189 ID: 35cea2

>>186

The books are:
Cosmic Horrors and You
The Science of Astrology
Lunar Biology
Manual for Optical Equipment Maintenance

Each is about 5 lbs. Oh and the weight of the DOOMSDAY NOTES are neligible
>>
No. 190 ID: bde1b8

>>189
The Manual for Optical Equipment Maintenance. If we have to hit someone with it, we don't want to get blood on any interesting topics.
>>
No. 196 ID: 35cea2
File 124495219987.png - (22.76KB , 800x600 , Meet Slater.png )
196

Simon takes the LARGE BORING BOOK and heads down the spiral staircase to the kitchen. He is greeted by his Clockwork Butler, Sam Slater.

"Evening Sir, just tidying up a bit."
>>
No. 198 ID: bde1b8

>>196
>Ride Slater like a mechanical bull
>>
No. 199 ID: 35cea2
File 124495297845.png - (22.77KB , 800x600 , Bullriding.png )
199

"Hey Slater, mind if I get on your back and ride you like a mechanical bull?"
"I am afraid I won't let you do that again Sir. My cyclic cogs are still worn out from last time."
"Aww, it was so fun though."
>>
No. 204 ID: 5eddce

look inside the fridge
>>
No. 206 ID: bde1b8

>>204
Have Slater look inside the fridge instead. We don't want anything horrible to jump out from it at us.
>>
No. 220 ID: 35cea2
File 124498597494.png - (25.74KB , 800x600 , Balanced Diet.png )
220

>>199

"So Slater, what's in the fridge today?"
"Nothing but cherry soda, choclate biscuits and bacon Sir. As you requested."
"Mmmm..."
>>
No. 221 ID: 3a5bf8

>>220
Collect some provisions for your journey(junk food) and inspect the other rooms for further supplies.
>>
No. 222 ID: 35cea2
File 124498734737.png - (14.73KB , 855x325 , Betelgeuse Manor.png )
222

Simon is currenty encumbered 5/50 lbs.

How many days worth of food do you want to take? Each day is about 4 lbs.

Also, the house layout is as follows.
>>
No. 223 ID: 3a5bf8

>>222
Do we know how far A.S.S. Headquarters are away?
>>
No. 224 ID: 35cea2

Simon assumes that, if nothing goes wrong, the walk will take about 2 days.
>>
No. 225 ID: 56d63b

I'd say 4 days worth of food
>>
No. 226 ID: 3a5bf8

>>225
Agreed.

Is Slater mobile enough to accompany us? If yes, we'll take him along.
Also, next stop The Storage.
>>
No. 227 ID: 35cea2
File 124499688660.png - (26.94KB , 800x600 , Slater joins you.png )
227

"Slater, I have finally obtained the evidence that the world will end."
"Very good Sir."
"I will be travelling to the A.S.S. Headquarters tonight and I would like for you to accompany me."
"As you wish Sir."

Slater now will accompany Simon on his adventures. Now the total carry weight is 21/100 lbs.
>>
No. 228 ID: 35cea2
File 124499761169.png - (27.86KB , 800x600 , Storage.png )
228

Simon opens the storage closet underneath the stairs.

Potentially useful items include:
HATCHET - 5 lbs
30 FOOT ROPE - 10 lbs
TENT - 12 lbs
CAN OF OIL - 6 lbs
WRENCH - 2 lbs
LANTERN - 4 lbs
SHEILD - 10 lbs
LARGE WOODEN PLANK - 3 lbs
RETRACTABLE LADDER - 15 lbs
>>
No. 230 ID: 56d63b

Take the rope, the wrench (in case we need to repair Slater at some point) and the plank.

Remove the clock from the wall (use the ladder to reach it), than take the nail/screw on which the clock was hung.

Combine it with the plank to get the WEAPON OF ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION!
>>
No. 231 ID: 3a5bf8

I'd say take everything, except for shield, plank and ladder. We can always ditch something in case we have to. Do we have a rucksack or something similar to store everything?

Turn on TV and search for News, especially the weather forecast.
>>
No. 233 ID: 35cea2
File 12450038639.png - (30.17KB , 985x604 , Unventory2.png )
233

Simon carries stuff in his bulky hammerspace robe. Slater is getting his pack at the moment.
>>
No. 234 ID: 56d63b

>>231
>Turn on TV and search for News, especially the weather forecast.

After this go to the bed room
>>
No. 235 ID: 35cea2
File 124500441247.png - (30.05KB , 800x600 , Weather.png )
235

Fred turns on the television. No interesting news and the weather will most likely be clear for the next few days.

"I have finished packing the equipment Sir. I have also found your map."
>>
No. 236 ID: 35cea2
File 124500442645.png - (50.59KB , 800x600 , Map.png )
236

>>
No. 237 ID: 35cea2
File 124500508111.png - (22.83KB , 800x600 , Simon\'s Bedroom.png )
237

Simon heads up to his bedroom.
>>
No. 238 ID: 3a5bf8

>>237
Check the wardrobe for anything interesting and pack some spare clothing.
If there's nothing else to do we should go to bed and start early in the morning.
With some luck we'll be able to pass the Edge Mountains in one full day.
>>
No. 239 ID: 35cea2
File 124500753012.png - (23.17KB , 800x600 , Morning.png )
239

Simon tells Slater that it would be best if they started travel in the morning.

Simon gets an extra robe just in case and sleeps until morning.
>>
No. 240 ID: bde1b8

>>239
When we set out tomorrow, make sure to strike a valiant pose on our way out. Probably on top of that really safe-looking bridge.
>>
No. 241 ID: 3a5bf8

>>239
Have a breakfast, make sure you've got all your stuff and start marching towards the mountains.
>>
No. 242 ID: 35cea2
File 124501171384.png - (9.22KB , 738x382 , Valiant.png )
242

After a brief breakfast, Simon and Slater embark on the first leg of their epic journey.
>>
No. 243 ID: 35cea2
File 124501182942.png - (23.52KB , 800x600 , Noises.png )
243

The Edge Mountains proved a bit more rough than Simon last remembers them. They don't manage to leave the mountains when night falls.

A few hours after making camp and falling asleep, Simon wakes to a strange noise coming from the bottom of the cliff.
>>
No. 244 ID: 3a5bf8

>>243
Grab your hatchet and a branch from the bonfire as a makeshift torch. Then wake up Slater, assuming he's even sleeping, and investigate.
>>
No. 245 ID: 35cea2
File 124501510678.png - (25.09KB , 800x600 , Wakeup.png )
245

"Slater. SLATER"
"Hmm... what is it Sir?"
"Do you hear that noise coming from down there?"
"I do Sir. I take it that we are investigating it?"
"Indeed Slater. Grab a burning stick and follow me."
>>
No. 246 ID: 35cea2
File 124501531948.png - (23.54KB , 800x600 , Noises2.png )
246

"Whoever he was, he's gone now."

Simon and Slater are right at the bottom of the cliff they camped on. The round footprints stop abruptly a few feet ahead.
>>
No. 247 ID: 3a5bf8

Pick up the little brown? thing and see if you're able to recognize what kind of creature made the prints.
>>
No. 248 ID: 35cea2
File 124501783277.png - (1.96KB , 219x144 , Toxi.png )
248

The brown thing appears to be a leaky oiled leather bag full of some foul smelling substance. It must be really potent if it could eat through that.

The huge footprints appear to be perfectly round. They must have been made by someone wearing large flat boots, no animal makes a footprint like that.
>>
No. 249 ID: bde1b8

>>248
Use the clock as a platform to lift up the bag of grossness. The clock will be like akin to a pie tin, and the bag of gross, similar to the whipped filling. With this diabolical device, we shall make like a clown and pie the first non-Slater that we meet.
>>
No. 251 ID: 3a5bf8

>>248
I don't think we should investigate the foot prints any further, at least not in the middle of the night. Better retreat to the tent and have Slater on lookout for trouble.
>>
No. 260 ID: 35cea2
File 124502185562.png - (24.69KB , 800x600 , Daybreak.png )
260

Simon uses the LARGE CLOCK with the bag to create a TOXIC CLOCK-PIE.

Simon and Slater take turns watching for any further disturbances.

Dawn breaks.

"Shall we head out Sir?"
>>
No. 261 ID: bde1b8

>>260
Yes we shall head out, Slater! We shall head out into the great unknown, discover new and untold vistas, and quest for power and glory!

...Okay, okay, you got me, we're not doing anything exciting like that. We're just going to go save the world.
>>
No. 309 ID: 35cea2
File 124508828337.png - (25.96KB , 800x600 , TheCrossroads.png )
309

Simon and Slater arrive at the crossroads fairly early in the day. Simon believes he can reach the A.S.S. HQ by nightfall.

However, Simon notices there are faint footprints leading south to Clockburgh, similar to the ones they saw in the mountain pass.
>>
No. 312 ID: bde1b8

>>309
Ignore them! We have a world to save! And a Roger to thank.
>>
No. 317 ID: f080b9

>>312
I'll have to agree, there is no real reason to investigate right now and we have our important Message Of Doomâ„¢ to deliver.
>>
No. 321 ID: 35cea2
File 124509452763.png - (23.50KB , 800x600 , Arriving at the ASS.png )
321

By nightfall, Simon and Slater have arrived at the A.S.S.

Simon had worked here many years ago, before his outlandish theories and somewhat obsessive behaviour got him relegated to his current home at the edge of the world.
>>
No. 322 ID: 35cea2
File 124509467334.png - (28.96KB , 800x600 , Main hall.png )
322

Simon and Slater enter the main hall of the building. The A.S.S. Headquarters is an entirely self sufficient building. Living quarters lie to the left, the the offices and studies are on the second story, the observation deck is on the third story, and the library is to the right.
>>
No. 323 ID: bde1b8

Lets find Roger and thank him for his kind invitation to let you into the A.S.S Headquarters!
>>
No. 325 ID: f080b9

Seek Roger and explain the utmost importance of our informations to him. Use lots of elaborated and intense words, request to see the director as soon as possible.
>>
No. 339 ID: 35cea2
File 124510780713.png - (11.71KB , 569x368 , Worst friend.png )
339

Roger looks especially unhappy to see Simon today.

"Hey Roger, just wanted to thank you once more for letting me in here."
"Whatever."
"Man, it's so great to be back"
"Stop touching me."
"Well, it's been a great chat, but I really should see the Director now."
"She's in the same office on the second story. Now get the FUCK away from me before I break your arm."

What a great guy, that Roger.
>>
No. 340 ID: f080b9

Happy about our reunion with our old friend we proceed to the Director.
>>
No. 354 ID: ebf8f1

Continue to Director's Office to present our findings.
>>
No. 363 ID: bde1b8

Ask the director to give Roger a raise, since he's such a nice guy.
>>
No. 376 ID: 35cea2
File 124512650999.png - (6.36KB , 593x279 , BeginCutscene.png )
376

On the way to the Director's office, Slater asks a plot relevant question.

"Would you be so kind, Sir, as to illuminate me as to the cause of the end of the world?"
"You know about creation story, right? It's relevant to that and some of my recent findings."
"No Sir, I don't believe I have."
"Well, I suppose I can tell you it on the way to the Director. Here goes..."
>>
No. 378 ID: 35cea2
File 124512656166.png - (10.34KB , 800x600 , Cutscene1.png )
378

"Well, in the beginning there was nothing but space, and trillions of stars. As everyone knows, each star is actually a God."
>>
No. 379 ID: 35cea2
File 124512662142.png - (19.20KB , 800x600 , Cutscene2.png )
379

"Most were were dead or sleeping, but there was a cluster of 4 stars that seemed to have a bad case of insomnia. These stars were timid Sculptor, brave Libra, arrogant Volans and dull Pavo. These stars had spent most of their existence sitting around, watching the other stars shimmer in the endless sky. One day though, they grew bored of this. They eventually decided to create a world, one with life and civilization so they could have something more interesting to watch than a bunch of napping gods."
>>
No. 380 ID: 35cea2
File 124512666418.png - (11.31KB , 800x600 , Cutscene3.png )
380

"They split the work between them, each would take care of a different step of creation. Poor Sculptor got stuck with the boring task, he had to make all the dirt and rock that would form the land."
>>
No. 381 ID: 35cea2
File 12451267006.png - (14.43KB , 800x600 , Cutscene4.png )
381

"Libra then created all the oceans and weather as well as all the plants in the world."
>>
No. 382 ID: 35cea2
File 124512673645.png - (20.65KB , 800x600 , Cutscene5.png )
382

"Volans then created all the non-sentient animals, from tiny microbes to colossal beasts."
>>
No. 385 ID: 35cea2
File 124512677666.png - (15.46KB , 800x600 , Cutscene6.png )
385

"Pavo then made the civilized beings, but unfortunately Pavo wasn't very good at this, and all he created were fairly stupid and uninteresting beings."
>>
No. 386 ID: 35cea2
File 124512679778.png - (18.46KB , 800x600 , Cutscene7.png )
386

"As soon as Volans saw Pavo's miserable work, he grew upset and jelaous. He wondered how did get the task of creating life. Volans killed Pavo and destroyed his civilization and prepared to create a new one for himself."
>>
No. 387 ID: 35cea2
File 124512684995.png - (12.97KB , 800x600 , Cutscene8.png )
387

"Libra stood up to Volans and fought him, in the end managing to drive him to the edge of the universe until she finally died from her wounds. Sculptor was left alone with the unfinished world."
>>
No. 388 ID: 35cea2
File 12451268874.png - (40.48KB , 800x800 , Cutscene9.png )
388

"After much deliberation, Sculptor decided to finish the work they have started. After creating the planet's land, he decided that he would work with what he knew best and made several intelligent species from the earth. From Mud he created the Strawmen, from Clay he made the Kiln, from Ore he made the Mechmen, from Sand he created the Arids, from Magma he created the Cremates and from Stone he made the Cobbles."
>>
No. 390 ID: 35cea2
File 124512695661.png - (16.22KB , 800x800 , Cutscene10.png )
390

"Sculptor named this world Caelum, and since then Sculptor has rested from his work and is our sun."
"Good show there Sir. I especially enjoyed the nice images."
"Thank you. I don't even know how I did that."
>>
No. 392 ID: 35cea2
File 124512714833.png - (24.66KB , 800x600 , The Director\'s Office.png )
392

"Alright Slater, I'm going to go talk to the Director, you stay outside the office."
"Yes Sir."

Simon enters the office of the Director. She speaks.

"Ah, Simon. Let's hear your little theory then."
>>
No. 393 ID: bde1b8

>>392
READ DOOMSDAY NOTE.
>>
No. 410 ID: 6550ad

>>392

Explain that the end is nigh in a gentlemanish manner, using your Doomsdays Notes to prove your point.
>>
No. 426 ID: 35cea2
File 124516054891.png - (20.78KB , 655x522 , Revelation.png )
426

"Director, I haved gathered some important evidence regarding the star we identified as Sigma Puppis. As you can see by these red/blue shift charts, the star is hurtling toward us at a rate that will surely hit us within approximately 29 days."
"But Simon, Sigma Puppis was already determined to be a blue star. Your blue shift chart would only work if it was a light yellow star.
"That's because it IS a light yellow star. The blue star we discovered 4.3567 degrees westward is the actual Sigma Puppis, it just revolves around a set point in the sky. The star we see in its place now is really Volans."
"Simon, that's a bit farfetched don't you think? Assuming that Sigma Puppis is revolving, and the other star is really a different one coming toward us, there is no way that star is actually Volans."
"Look at these other notes. Based off my observations and those of the first accurate Astronomers took when Volans was still fleeing, I calculated the distance and direction he has travelled. According to this, that star is in the perfect position that Volans would be in had he been exiled, realized that Libra was dead and Sculptor was alone, regenerated from his last battle and returned to Caelum to exact his revenge."
"Simon... I... I need a bit of time to think this over. You are suggesting a very radical theory, but your evidence so far is very concrete. You may stay for the night, I will tell you my judgment in the morning."
"Director, I-"
"You are dismissed Simon."
>>
No. 427 ID: 35cea2
File 124516060874.png - (27.48KB , 800x600 , Hall2.png )
427

Simon leaves the Director's room.
"Did it go well Sir?"
"She says she will decide tomorrow."
"Well Sir, I couldn't help but listen and you certainly had me convinced."
"Thank you Slater."
"Oh and another thing Sir, Roger was also eavesdropping on your conversation. It seems he really doesn't want you to be right."
"Roger is such a silly person."
>>
No. 429 ID: 6550ad

Let's explain our theories to our colleagues here, to gain some allies for our cause.
>>
No. 430 ID: 35cea2
File 124516635299.png - (28.61KB , 800x600 , Demonstration.png )
430

Simon tries explaining his theory to a few of his fellow Astronomers in the main hall.

Most of them either jeer at him or ignore him, but a few handful of the younger Astronomers observe intently.
>>
No. 435 ID: 6550ad

Explore the rest of the building, see if you can find more people to spread your word to, or find interesting stuff, or bother Roger.
>>
No. 437 ID: ebf8f1

We need to construct a "THE END IS NIGH" sandwich board.
>>
No. 464 ID: 35cea2

Simon doesn't have anything to make a sandwich board out of at the moment.

As for exploring, Simon already knows this building well. The rooms he can go to include:
Library
Observatory
Dining Hall
His Bedroom
Rec room
>>
No. 473 ID: ebf8f1

Go to the Observatory and obsessively check on the signs that the end is nigh. Show others.
>>
No. 487 ID: 35cea2
File 124520377346.png - (24.08KB , 800x600 , The Observatory.png )
487

Slater decides to call it a day. He bids Simon a good night and goes down to his room.

Simon checks on Volans. As he expected, it is closer than what he had observed back in his home 2 days ago.

Unfortunately everyone appeared too busy to bother to follow Simon to the observatory. If the Director judges Simon's work to be conclusive enough then she will probably address the rest of the Astronomers.
>>
No. 488 ID: 6550ad

>>487

Well, seems like there isn't much left to do today. Go to your bedroom and get some sleep.
>>
No. 490 ID: 7eda8b

You're at an astronomy headquarters and not one person was using the telescope? For shame.
>>
No. 614 ID: 35cea2
File 124524195623.png - (18.32KB , 800x600 , Sleep.png )
614

Simon decides there's nothing much else to do today so he heads back to his bedroom to get a good night's rest.
>>
No. 615 ID: 35cea2
File 124524200395.png - (20.20KB , 800x600 , Knock.png )
615

Bright and early in the morning, there is a frantic knocking on Simon's door. He quickly slips on his robes and opens it.
>>
No. 616 ID: 35cea2
File 124524223185.png - (21.26KB , 800x600 , Something is wrong.png )
616

It's the Director, and she looks rather distressed.

"Simon, we have to get out of here at once!"
"Well let me get my things and-"
"There is no time!"
"Uh, er... then let me just get Slater and I guess we-"
"NO! He could be working with them, don't trust him, or anyone else in this building! NOBODY ELSE CAN BE TRUSTED! We must leave NOW!"
>>
No. 627 ID: 6550ad

Call bullshit, Slater wouldn't betray us. Go find him.
>>
No. 633 ID: 35cea2
File 124524722269.png - (20.04KB , 856x555 , Flee.png )
633

Simon already finds Slater rushing down the hallway towards him.

"Sir, while I am loathe to doubt the hospitality of this organization, I believe it is far too dangerous for us here. We must leave, NOW."
>>
No. 634 ID: 35cea2
File 124524726788.png - (22.01KB , 856x555 , REALLY Flee.png )
634

Then shit hits the fan.
>>
No. 635 ID: be860b

use the director as a shield
>>
No. 636 ID: 6550ad

Well, grab the girl and get the hell out of there. It would be preferable to run in the opposite direction the arrow came.
>>
No. 662 ID: 35cea2
File 124525316297.png - (26.17KB , 800x600 , Heroics.png )
662

The 3 of them flee the building, arrows whizzing by them as they run.
>>
No. 668 ID: 6550ad

Keep running, cross the bridge and, once you are safe at the other side, cut the bridge ropes with your hatchet.
>>
No. 674 ID: 7eda8b

Ask "WHAT? WHAT'S ALL THIS?" while you run away.

IS there such a rope bridge?
>>
No. 703 ID: c80cec

>>668
This!
>>
No. 735 ID: 35cea2
File 124528626572.png - (25.17KB , 800x600 , Bridgecuttangames.png )
735

Simon snaps the rope with his hatchet. Slater and the Director keep running while Simon hazards a glance back. It appears as if their assailant stopped following them.
>>
No. 741 ID: c80cec

>>735
Continuing to run would be the best course of action.
>>
No. 744 ID: 6550ad

>>735

Keep running. Once you're at a safe distance, make a pause to rest and to inquire WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.
>>
No. 746 ID: 35cea2
File 124529063224.png - (25.32KB , 856x555 , Stopping.png )
746

After running a safe distance from the A.S.S, the party of 3 stops, and Simon finally gets to know

"What the hell is going on!?"

The Director answers first.

"Roger confronted me in the office yesterday night, he said 'I hope you are not ACTUALLY considering Simons theory' and when I said I was, he looked rather upset. He tried to convince me otherwise, but when I told him I wasn't changing my mind he told me 'You must leave immediately, and take only Simon with you'. I didn't think about it until morning when an arrow broke my window and nearly hit me while I was dressing."
"Oh my."
"I'm fine now, I just need to catch my breath."
"Well how about you Slater?"
"I had already packed the equipment in my bag and started down the hall to wake you, Sir, when a black robed Astronomer had at me with a jagged knife. Before he could set on me a pair of other Astronomers pinned him down. I went down the hallway and that's when I bumped into you."
Simon answers
"I gather that someone REALLY doesn't like my theory getting out. Well, now that that is over, what do we do now?"
>>
No. 749 ID: be860b

>I didn't think about it until morning when an arrow broke my window and nearly hit me while I was dressing.

"OMG THEY SAW YOU NAKED!"
>>
No. 750 ID: a4f3a2
File 124529416210.jpg - (49.45KB , 475x483 , omg.jpg )
750

>>749
OMG!
>>
No. 797 ID: 35cea2
File 124534043727.png - (4.67KB , 328x253 , I should post more often.png )
797

>>749
>>750

What are YOU so excited about? Didn't you just see a cat get raped by a bunny?
>>
No. 800 ID: be860b

lady: bunnies raping cats ain't got nothing on you
>>
No. 801 ID: 35cea2
File 124534917443.png - (4.73KB , 328x253 , More poast.png )
801

>>800

"I don't know whether to feel complimented, disgusted or frightened."
>>
No. 815 ID: be860b

"I was shooting for all three really." *mission accomplished* Simon dances in a circle giving the victory sign. "But anyhoo, so what's all this with these astronomers ey? I'm guessing by their insistence that no one know about my theory, I must be onto something, and that there is something to be done about the end of the world thing, maybe? But what is there to be done? I guess we can go give Roger a right good kick in the bollocks!"
>>
No. 828 ID: bde1b8

>>815
Not in the bollocks! Roger is our friend.

A kick in the SHINS.
>>
No. 830 ID: 35cea2
File 124535626267.png - (25.28KB , 856x555 , Hungry.png )
830

Simon says EXACTLY what you tell him to.

"I'm hungry"
>>
No. 831 ID: 35cea2
File 124535638417.png - (28.43KB , 985x604 , Unventory2.png )
831

Simon checks their collective inventories. Due to the attack, Simon did not have enough time to pack all of his belongings.

Since the Director is joining their party, they will consume 2 units of food (8 lbs) a day.
>>
No. 833 ID: 6550ad

Have delicious breakfast, and discuss with The Director what are we going to do now.
>>
No. 834 ID: be860b

Simon's gaze meanders between the meager items in his pack, finally focusing on the hatchet. He turns back towards his companions and eyes the director with an objective glint. Unpleasant ideas spin in his head as he receives more orders from the dark master that resides below his diaphragm. "Why don't you step over here director, I have something to show you."
>>
No. 837 ID: bde1b8

>>834
Fuck. No.
>>
No. 843 ID: f373c2

Okay, enough breaking the fourth wall.

Whoever is trying to kill us probably knows where we live, so we should look for a hideout. Let's go south and check Clockburgh.
>>
No. 873 ID: 35cea2
File 124536852286.png - (28.56KB , 800x600 , Overlooking.png )
873

The party manages to make it to Clockburgh at the end of the day.

"It has been a rather long time since I have last been here. Quite a view, isn't it Sir?"
"Yes it is Slater."
"What do you think Miss... actually I have not gotten your name yet."
"My name is Io Adhara. And yes, it is a pretty sight."

Simon actually doesn't think it looks that great, at least compared to the view at his house at the edge of the world, but this is Slater's hometown and he understandably has a strong feelings for this place.
>>
No. 874 ID: 35cea2
File 124536863159.png - (13.18KB , 516x471 , Clockburgh.png )
874

Slater remembers this town very well, so he can remember many of the buildings as well as any map.
>>
No. 875 ID: 036360

Who or what is the oracle?
>>
No. 876 ID: 35cea2

>>875

Someone who tells the future, of course! Slater never actually got the opportunity to visit the Oracle in person, he only remembers his numerous attempts to sneak into the Oracle's when he was but a youth.
>>
No. 877 ID: 036360

Then lets pay her a visit. Who knows? she might give us some clues.

It's not like the three of you actually have any ideas onto how to STOP the end of the world DO you? HMMM?! No?! That's what I thought D:<

Avoid the inn though, too obvious a place for any murderers to go looking for us.
>>
No. 895 ID: 7eda8b

Indeed. Go visit the oracle immediately.

If they're only open at daylight, maybe there's a place Slater knows of where we can rest up? Maybe somewhere other than the inn? We can't really disguise ourselves, so we need to just try to keep a low profile.
>>
No. 899 ID: f1ebe8

I bet that clock tower is decrepit and abandoned let's hole up there.
>>
No. 917 ID: 35cea2
File 124538070442.png - (23.52KB , 800x600 , Smallish.png )
917

Deciding to forego the Inn due to the looming possibility of arrows to the face, the party decides to consult the Oracle first.

They arrive at a smallish building at the northern part of town.

Slater comments.
"Huh, it is a smidgen smaller than what I remember it."

Io peeks through a window.
"Lights are on and someone is inside. Maybe the Oracle is available at this hour."
>>
No. 918 ID: 35cea2
File 12453807522.png - (19.29KB , 771x393 , The Oracle.png )
918

The party enters a rather small and plain room. An ancient Cobble woman is sweeping dust. She doesn't seem to notice them.
>>
No. 920 ID: 036360

Say hello? Give her a tap on the shoulder if she doesn't respond? Ask about the oracle, and if a prediction would be possible.
>>
No. 921 ID: c80cec

>>918
Greet the woman and ask if she is the oracle.
>>
No. 928 ID: 35cea2
File 124538155297.png - (19.47KB , 771x393 , Not The Oracle.png )
928

Io asks
"Hello? Um, excuse me ma'am, are you the Oracle?"
"Hmm? Oh no dearie, I just clean the floors. The Oracle is in the back room, just get your offering and head on back."
"Offering?"
"Yes dearie, something to pay the Oracle when he tells your future. It wouldn't be a good living if it was done for free you know!"
"I am afraid none of us have an cash on us."
"Oh, I am pretty sure some items of value are acceptable. And would you mind stomping your feet outside next time you come in? You are getting dirt on the carpet."
>>
No. 930 ID: 7eda8b

Would the can of oil suffice?

If the Oracle is clockwork, then maybe!
>>
No. 966 ID: 220607

>>928

Is the Boring Book of any value?

If not, ask Io to search through her stuff for anything valuable.
>>
No. 970 ID: 35cea2
File 12454156248.png - (32.35KB , 796x515 , The Real Oracle.png )
970

They enter the back room. In the corner is a pair of squishy bean bag chairs, and a flat TV with a videogame console sits against the wall.

The Oracle greets them.

"Ello gentleman and lady, what can I do for you this fine evening?"
Simon answers.
"We were hoping you would be able to answer some of our questions. We don't have much on us so maybe you could accept one of our items?"
"Ah, you are down on your luck I see."
"You could say that."
"Do not worry, I am not a greedy man. What is your offer.?"
"Well, we have this big heavy book..."
"Not a big fan of reading I am afraid."
Slater makes the next offer.
"We have this rather large tin of oil, Sir."
"Hmm... that is a bit more useful to me, but I recieve free oil changes anyhow. Besides, I will tell you that you WILL need it later."
Io sighs and pulls out her box of belongings. She searches through the pile of clothes and photos until she pulls out a silver pen.
"This pen was given to me when I was elected Director of the Astronomical Studies Society. I really don't use it at all."
"Oh my, how lovely. I'll take it."
The Oracle takes the pen and stows it under one of the bean bags.
"I'll try to answer any questions you answer me, but I am afraid I cannot acquire knowledge that is too specific and I don't guarantee the answers I give will make sense out of context. I don't want to spoil the game!"
>>
No. 980 ID: 036360

Is there.. any limit to the questions we can ask?
>>
No. 981 ID: 35cea2

No limit, but don't expect anything but the most vague answers.
>>
No. 982 ID: 036360

Well vague answers are better then no answers.

Who's trying to kill us? And Why?

How can we stop the end of the world?

Where (save here) will we find help in this town?
>>
No. 983 ID: c80cec

>>970
"Armageddon is coming, how do we stop it? Also, people attacked us this morning, can you divine who or why?"
>>
No. 985 ID: 35cea2
File 124545925075.png - (32.64KB , 796x515 , Bad hints.png )
985

"Armageddon is coming-"
"Yes it is."
"How do we stop it?"
"I see that the answer awaits you somewhere in Mahbuht. I also can see a black dot, and a banana peel."
"Well that was helpful."
"It will make sense in time my friend, any more questions?"
"Yeah, we were attacked this morning-"
"Indeed you have."
"Who is it and why are they trying to kill us?"
"I believe it has something to do with the world ending. I can see an image of a fish in a hat."
"I wonder what that could mean."
"Actually, that is one thing I do know for sure. The fish in a hat is the symbol of an organization known as the Dokdokdokdokdok."
"Wat."
"I learned this from a client from the other side of the world. The Dokdokdokdokdok is a secret police force from the distant city of Weeya-Bhu. They are meant to only protect the city from danger."
"What could they possibly want with me?"
"No idea."
"Okay then, how about another question?"
"Ask away."
"Aside from you, is there anyone else in Clockburgh that can offer us help?"
"I see a corrupt politician."
"Well that is interesting. Thank you."
"Any more questions?"
>>
No. 986 ID: f373c2

"What sort of dangers will we face in the swamp and caves on the way to Mahbuht?"
>>
No. 989 ID: 6550ad

>>985

Will I ever feel the touch of a lover's hand?
>>
No. 991 ID: bde1b8

What does it feel like to hold a Cremate in your arms?
>>
No. 1034 ID: 35cea2
File 124550431652.png - (32.56KB , 796x515 , Bad hints.png )
1034

"What sort of dangers will we face in the swamp and caves on the way to Mahbuht?"
"I can't tell from certain, the images are very blurry. Just stay on your toes."
"Will I ever feel the touch of a lover's hand?"
"Maybe."
"What does it feel like to hold a Cremate in your arms?"
"Like burning to death."
>>
No. 1063 ID: bde1b8

>>1034
How can we get more food?
>>
No. 1075 ID: 35cea2
File 124553649432.jpg - (8.91KB , 352x185 , Necessary.jpg )
1075

"How can we get more food?"
"You buy it from a store, silly!"
"Small problem though. We have no money."
"That IS a problem. I forsee that it would do you well to fix it."
>>
No. 1077 ID: 6550ad

"Can we go now?"
>>
No. 1133 ID: 35cea2
File 124554710328.png - (24.80KB , 800x600 , Where to.png )
1133

Io seems to grow a little impatient with these silly questions.
"I think we've heard enough, thank you very much for your help."
"Not a problem. Happy to help, if you think of any more problems come back and ask me."
"We will, thank you."

They leave the Oracle's home. Slater turns to Simon.
"Where to now Sir?"
Io responds
"Hopefully somewhere we can get a good night's rest. Im tired."
>>
No. 1134 ID: 6550ad

>>1133

Isn't this Slater's hometown? Doesn't he have a family here or something?

If Clockworks have family, of course.
>>
No. 1137 ID: bde1b8

>>1134
What a rude thing to say! Of course they have family. Ask Slater if we can hide at his parent's house.
>>
No. 1145 ID: 35cea2
File 12455513722.png - (24.98KB , 800x600 , NO DAD NO.png )
1145

"Slater, do you think we could stay at your parent's home?"
"Y... you mean my father's house?! Sir my father is... er, I am don't think... er, I am not on good terms with my father."
"Please Slater, we have to sleep somewhere. I am sure we can work this out."
"If you say so Sir. Ohhhhh..."
>>
No. 1147 ID: 35cea2

For context, the Mechmen (more commonly referred to as Clockwork) people are created, not born. It is a process that only other Clockwork minds can even begin to comprehend. The process of making a Clockwork child takes up to a year of extremely hard work. When fully made, the Clockwork will slowly grow by consuming small parts and having their bizzare metabolism integrate those parts into their body until they are fully grown. Due to the effort a Clockwork 'Parent' puts in to their 'Child' (and possibly due to a bit of meddling from Sculptor himself), the ties in Clockwork families are usually very strong.


Usually.
>>
No. 1149 ID: 35cea2
File 124555250380.png - (23.62KB , 800x600 , Silly differences.png )
1149

The party arrives at the Slater Residence. All the lights are off. Io rings the doorbell. Almost immediately Slater starts talking.

"Well it seems that nobody is home what a shame well Sir I suppose we just have to-"
"Stop it this instant! What is wrong with you Slater?"
"Sir, my father has a very poor opinion of me ever since I decided to be a butler. He thinks that I am a 'slave'. He HATES me Sir!"
"Well it looks like we will have to make your father see reason then! I will have to tell him that you are a handsomely paid professional of many skills."
"But... I don't think he will listen and-"
"Slater, you will have to solve your problems with your father at one point. Might as well start now."

Io rings the doorbell again. The light in the bedroom turns on and a string of curses emanates from the building.

Slater starts trembling.
>>
No. 1160 ID: c80cec

>>1149
Give Slater a reassuring pat on the back.
>>
No. 1170 ID: 7eda8b

Ride Slater like a m-NO!

NO!

No! Focus! Okay!

Knock on the door, but have Slater be the one to introduce you. We don't want to seem like we're his master and he can't speak for himself or anything like that. Let Slater take the lead, but step in to break up awkward silences and defend Slater if he's put on the defensive.
>>
No. 1245 ID: 35cea2
File 124559731311.png - (27.20KB , 800x600 , Reunion.png )
1245

Simon gives Slater a reassuriung pat on the back. Slater feels a little better. The door opens.
"God damnit! It's past midnight, don't you people have a sense of- Samuel?"
"Father! Er, um-"
"What are you doing back here? Who are those two?"
"Er, this is my employer, Simon Betelgeuse. This is his reseach director, Io Adhara. We were wondering uh... um-"
Simon decides to step in
"We are travelling on a research trip, but unfortunately we had lost all of our money thanks to highwaymen. We we're wondering if you would be so kind as to shelter us for a night until we get our bearings."
"Hrmphf."
Slater's father motions the party to enter the living room.
>>
No. 1246 ID: 35cea2
File 124559738770.png - (26.44KB , 860x496 , Home Sweet Home.png )
1246

"So I see you are still working as a cleaning lady, Sam."
"Father, I am a professional. Being a butler is as respectable a job as-"
"Ha! That story again is it? You don't know how much you dissapointed me you dropped out of Chapterstone College. An education at the world's most prestigious military academy, and you threw it away to be someone's bootlick."
Sam gets pretty miffed.
"Is that fatherly love then? Sending your only son off to rot in a boot camp? I'll tell you that I never wasted a damn thing by leaving that tyrannical hell-hole! I am no mere servant Father, I am a mechanic, a guardsman, a doctor, an adventurer!"
"Can't pull the wool over my eyes son. No matter how you try to decorate it, I can see what you really are. Some man's slave."
This doesn't look good. Simon should probably say something to defend his friend. Io is feeling a little uncomfortable and excuses herself to the restroom. For 20 minutes.
>>
No. 1249 ID: 385bb0

How is a butler more a slave than a soldier? A butler can disobey and lose his job at most. A soldier gets tossed in prison or worse.
>>
No. 1250 ID: f373c2

"Slater is my friend, not my slave. Just because he works for me doesn't mean I don't treat him like a person."
>>
No. 1251 ID: f95743

"It's not like I STEAL MEN'S SOULS AND MAKE THEM MY SLAVES!"
>>
No. 1254 ID: bffa2a

I'll have you know sir that Slater is exemplary manservant. My manor has never been so tidy and tightly run before your son came to work for me. Why even my underwear feel snug and pristine. I always tought they went "clunk" when you drop em.

And I hear his peers agree. Always the center of attention at the gentleclocks club, what was it, the flaming cog? Very popular your son, always in demand. It's a miracle I can keep his services with the competition.
>>
No. 1255 ID: bffa2a

>>1254

I am also proud to call him a friend. Why just last week we had fun by riding him like a mechanical bull. Fun. Next time we need to oil the cogs, such noises he was making. But not a word of complaint. Such a gentlecog.
>>
No. 1256 ID: 35cea2
File 124562234979.png - (27.63KB , 860x496 , Simon\'s 2 cents.png )
1256

"Now wait just a moment Mr. Slater! Why do you insist that being a butler is like being a slave? A butler has more freedom than a soldier for sure, if the employer asks something of a butler that the he disagrees with, the butler can just leave. A soldier has no such liberty."
"Are you insinuating that it is better to be a butler than a soldier?! That is ridiculous, a soldier is someone who serves his nation with his life, a butler is just tidies up after one person!"
"Why can't you understand that Sam has a real job? He isn't a butler because he feels like he needs to follow someone around, he is one becasue it is a respectable proffession. I have never seen Sam as my servant, I see him as my best friend."
Mr. Slater sighs. Perhaps he feels a little defeated? Sam Slater looks visibly touched.
"Fine, whatever you say. It's late and I don't feel like arguing. The guest rooms are down the hall and to the right. I'm going to bed."
>>
No. 1261 ID: bde1b8

To the guest room! If Slater asks if we were serious, tell him "Of course I was. You've always been better than Roger, and I don't know anyone else!"
>>
No. 1277 ID: 036360

To the guest room it is!... it might be wise to setup 'watches' over night.

If the murders manage to follow you, there's not much stopping them from killing in your sleep
>>
No. 1297 ID: 35cea2
File 124568128797.png - (14.46KB , 681x496 , GuestNight.png )
1297

Everyone goes off to bed. The party takes turn watching during the night. It appears their assailants do not know where they are yet.
>>
No. 1298 ID: 35cea2
File 124568136010.png - (15.81KB , 681x496 , Mroing.png )
1298

Morning comes.
>>
No. 1299 ID: 6550ad

Back to the Living Room to see the others and decide the course of action.
>>
No. 1301 ID: 9dd38f

>>1298

Make the bed.
>>
No. 1308 ID: 35cea2
File 12457109678.png - (15.52KB , 681x496 , Bed Fixan.png )
1308

Being the polite man that he is, Simon makes the bed before leaving his room.
>>
No. 1309 ID: 35cea2
File 124571134755.png - (24.85KB , 860x496 , What to do now.png )
1309

Simon heads into the living room. It appears that everyone else but Mr. Slater is awake. He can hear him snoring and clanking down the hall.

Sam Slater: "I just wanted to thank you for sticking your neck out for me yesterday, Sir."
Simon: "Not a problem. You ARE my best friend after all."
Sam: "Well, I suppose we all should be heading off now."
Io: "First of all we are going to need to get some money so we can get food and supplies. And this time I will choose the rations. Goddamn I am tired of biscuits and bacon!"
Simon: "Tired of biscuits and bacon!? Is that even POSSIBLE?"
>>
No. 1337 ID: 7eda8b

In spite of the director's heresy, you do need more provisions.

Do we know any ways to get money in a relative hurry? Did you have some back home hidden away? We might need to risk a sneaky trip back. Surely you have some means of paying Slater. Do you make use of a bank?
>>
No. 1339 ID: bde1b8

>>1337
I agree with this man. To the bank!
>>
No. 1342 ID: 7eda8b

>>1339
Well, it was a pretty 1337 post.
>>
No. 1343 ID: 35cea2

>Do we know any ways to get money in a relative hurry?
Simon can't think of any right now. Besides, solving puzzle shit is YOUR job!
>Did you have some back home hidden away?
No, aside from spare change, Betelgeuse Manor is devoid of cash. And the Director has nothing else valuble in her personal box, unless she decides to sell her underwear.
>Surely you have some means of paying Slater.
Dad Slater or butler Slater?
>Do you make use of a bank?
Unfortunately, banks (along with guns, the internal combustion engine and assorted other things) have not been invented in this setting.
>>
No. 1344 ID: 7eda8b

>>1343
>Dad Slater or butler Slater?
Butler Slater. You called him "a handsomely paid professional," so that means you pay him, which means you have or at least had some access to money, unless some other person or organization pays him on your behalf.
>>
No. 1347 ID: 35cea2

>1344

Simon usually gets irregular pay for his research, but he spends a lot of it on maintenance and paying Slater. Simon thinks about this for a bit...

Simon: "Hey Slater, what do you do all the money I pay you?"
Slater: "I spend some of it on my personal items, but most I have to use to repay all the money I have borrowed from people over the years. Before you Sir, I wasn't able to get a well paying job so I was forced to borrow a substantial sum."
Simon:"Hmm... I was thinking to borrow some from you Slater, but it seems that we have to think of another source of cash."
>>
No. 1348 ID: 7eda8b

Enough. We have delayed the obvious course of action for far too long.

CONSTRUCT A DOOMSDAY WARNING SANDWICH BOARD.

With it we can obtain donations to assist our worthy cause.
>>
No. 1349 ID: 04603a

>>1343
Well, I guess it's time for the director to sell her undergarments.
>>
No. 1361 ID: bde1b8

>>1348
I am a fan of this idea. It can be constructed using one side of our Bacon Box, since we will be out of food as of this next day, and written in oil, if we can't mooch a marker off of Papa Slater.
>>
No. 1383 ID: 35cea2
File 124576911450.png - (27.00KB , 800x600 , Choo choo.png )
1383

Io: "So how much money did you manage to get."
Simon: "Absolutely none."
Io: "Crap."
Simon: "Looks like we will have to resort to Plan B. We are going to need your underwear."
>>
No. 1384 ID: 35cea2
File 124576918964.png - (26.94KB , 800x600 , Great idea.png )
1384

Io: "..."
Simon: "Nevermind. Your panties probably wouldn't be worth that much anyways."
>>
No. 1386 ID: 227d44

>>1384
Ouch. Start shouting about the doomsday, see if you can get people to pay you to shut up.
>>
No. 1388 ID: 7eda8b

Does the party posses any particular special skills beyond those of astronomy and butlery?
>>
No. 1391 ID: ab56d2

See if there's any Perfectly Legitimate Individuals around town who need any work done.
>>
No. 1402 ID: 35cea2

>>1386

As fun as running around shouting "REPENT! REPENT FOR THE END IS NIGH!" is, it has already been established that it won't do us any good.

>>1388

Not really. None of them ever figured they would need to resort to adventuring.

>>1391

Maybe. Who was that the Oracle mentioned? Hmm...
>>
No. 1406 ID: ab56d2

>>1402

Oh yeah! We gotta find that Perfectly Legitimate Politician!
>>
No. 1430 ID: 35cea2
File 124581623857.png - (25.05KB , 781x554 , Toun Haul.png )
1430

The party arrives at the entrance of Town Hall
>>
No. 1431 ID: 35cea2
File 124581630244.png - (33.63KB , 1066x600 , Reception.png )
1431

They enter the building. It smells like wasted money and lies.
>>
No. 1435 ID: 43331d

>>1431

Ask to see the Perfectly Legitimate Politician about some Perfectly Legitimate Business.
>>
No. 1443 ID: 04603a

Advise him that the world will be ending shortly, and ask that he dedicate some money to prevent this, as preventing the destruction of the city is in his interests as a Perfectly Legitimate Politician, and the city is part of the world.
>>
No. 1467 ID: 099247

>>1443
I think even mentioning the apocalypse here is a good enough reason for them to just bounce us right the fuck out of town. From what I've understood in my tired and exhausted haze reading through this is that we know that the world is about to be destroyed by an elder god but have no idea how to stop it. We should LOOK for CLUES. Explain to the receptionist that we are astrologers and that we are tracking strange lunar activity. Ask him if there has been anything out of the ordinary lately?
>>
No. 1536 ID: 35cea2
File 124606810495.png - (34.58KB , 1066x600 , Simple Astronomers.png )
1536

Receptionist: "May I help you sir?"
Simon: "Yes actually. You see we're astronomers studying strange lunar activity. We would like to talk to whoever is in charge here."
Receptionist: "Strange lunar activity. Right, whatever. The mayor's office is all the way down the right hallway, but he says he's 'busy' right now."
Simon: "Is there anyone else I can talk to?"
Receptionist: "Well, there is Tweed Tammany, who is going to run for mayor in the next election. Down the hall, fourth door to the left."
Simon: "Thank you."

Io whispers to Slater during the conversation:
"I wonder what help we could possibly get from a politician."
Slater: "I suppose we will just have to see Ma'am."
>>
No. 1566 ID: bde1b8

Visit Tweed Tammany.
>>
No. 1570 ID: 35cea2
File 124612737797.png - (30.87KB , 800x600 , Tweed\'s office.png )
1570

Simon knocks on Tweed's office door. A raspy bass voice answers.

"Come on in."

The party files into Tweed's office. A huge Clockwork sits at the desk, smoking a vile smelling cigar.

Tweed: "So, how can I help you?"
Io: "We were told that you can help us with our money problem."
Tweed: "Hmm... maybe. I'll let you know, though, that I don't hand out free money. You'd have to help me with a bit of a problem first."
Simon: "That's reasonable. What's the job?"
Tweed: "You see, I am running for mayor of this city because I care about it. I want to make Clockburgh prosperous. The current mayor, Chester Watergate, is just holding his position for his own personal gain."
Slater: "Oh dear, how terrible."
Tweed: "Yes. I need someone to prove that Watergate is a conniving bastard."
Simon: "How do you suggest we go about doing this?"
Tweed: "That's your job. But I suppose I can lend you this camera and recording device to help. So, you fellas up for it?"
>>
No. 1571 ID: 5ad8db

>>1570

Agree to help him.
>>
No. 1573 ID: 5e3d28

>>1570
Hmm. How expensive do the camera and the recorder look?
>>
No. 1577 ID: 35cea2
File 124615670775.png - (10.23KB , 536x345 , Crap.png )
1577

>>1571

Simon: "Sure."
Tweed: "Alright then. Pleasure doing buisness with you."

They leave Tweed's office.

>>1573

Not very expensive at all.
>>
No. 1578 ID: 1e1932

>>1577

Take a peek in the window of the 'busy' mayor's office. Maybe he's screwing his secretary or something.
>>
No. 1579 ID: 35cea2
File 12461595487.png - (18.62KB , 800x600 , Boring stuff.png )
1579

They sneak by the receptionist's desk and go to the Mayor's office. Simon kneels over to look inside the keyhole.

Io: "So what's he doing?"
Simon: "Just regular Mayor stuff. Singing papers and such."
Io: "Oh."
>>
No. 1580 ID: 35cea2
File 124615960471.png - (7.57KB , 368x489 , HA HA.png )
1580

Simon: "Hahaha, I'm just kidding. He is actually fucking his secretary!"
>>
No. 1581 ID: 35cea2
File 124615974781.png - (18.64KB , 800x600 , Whoops.png )
1581

Simon: "Hot damn would you look at that!"
Io: "Oh gosh."
Slater: "Wait, that makes no sense! Clockworks don't have sex, none of us even feel sexual attraction at all!"
Simon: "No idea, but damn would you look at them go!"
>>
No. 1583 ID: 7eda8b

Have Slater look through the keyhole and offer some rational explanation of what the goddamn is going on.
>>
No. 1584 ID: 1e1932

Totally called it.

Take pictures! And see if you can record any sound too from behind that door.
>>
No. 1585 ID: 670155

Maybe he's just murdering her.
>>
No. 1586 ID: 35cea2
File 124622706084.png - (16.15KB , 800x600 , Bizzare peep show.png )
1586

Slater bends over to look in the keyhole.

Slater: "Goodness! I've never seen any Clockworks do this before."

Simon: "It's a mystery we will solve later. Right now, it's PICTURE TIME!"
Io: "Hold on, doesn't this seem a little weird to you?"
Simon: "Yes."
Slater: "Very yes."
Io: "No, what I mean is, don't you think it is a pretty big coincidence that we stumble upon the mayor doing this RIGHT just after Tweed told us to spy on him."
Simon: "Well, what do you propose we do then?"
>>
No. 1587 ID: 7eda8b

Barge in and demand an explanation for this foolishness.
>>
No. 1588 ID: 40b879

>>1587
taking pictures
>>
No. 1603 ID: 099247

>>1587
Sounds like a plan, barge in and at the least see what they do.
>>
No. 1609 ID: 35cea2
File 124629088699.png - (13.68KB , 669x468 , Entering.png )
1609

Simon barges into the room.

Simon: "Ha, gotcha Mr. Watergate!"
>>
No. 1610 ID: 35cea2
File 124629100176.png - (15.44KB , 669x468 , Breaking.png )
1610

It soon becomes evident that they have been tricked however. There was a small television displaying an edited clip of the Mayor engaging in debauchery.
>>
No. 1611 ID: 35cea2
File 124629120317.png - (25.74KB , 800x600 , Productive.png )
1611

And the Mayor is unconscious.

Simon: "Well, I didn't expect that."
Io: "Ha, I knew something didn't seem right."

Slater looks at the sleeping Mayor
Slater: "It appears that Mr. Watergate drunk himself unconscious. There's old oil cans everwhere."
>>
No. 1612 ID: bde1b8

This looks picture worthy!
>>
No. 1613 ID: bffa2a

Wake up and explain the meaning of this folly.
>>
No. 1615 ID: 2065af

>>1613
He manufactured a scandal because he's sick and tired of politics.
>>
No. 1633 ID: 1e1932

>>1611

Rifle through his desk while he's down for the count. Maybe there's something incriminating in there.
>>
No. 1641 ID: 7eda8b

Take a few pictures. That way you can truthfully tell Tammany that you spied on him.

Then wake him up.
>>
No. 1652 ID: 35cea2
File 12463202254.png - (8.48KB , 533x347 , Drawer.png )
1652

Simon searches through the desks. Nothing interesting nor especially incriminating, just a few office supplies and a report that the Mayor had apparently doodled on.
>>
No. 1653 ID: 35cea2
File 124632029635.png - (23.19KB , 800x600 , Incriminating Evidence.png )
1653

Simon decides that maybe this is some of the incriminating evidence that Tweed wanted. Io takes a few pictures.
>>
No. 1654 ID: 35cea2
File 124632062973.png - (24.52KB , 800x600 , Headbakes.png )
1654

Simon: "Wakey wakey Mr. Watergate. We have got quite a few questions for you."
The Mayor groans a bit and promptly falls back to sleep. After some prodding he finally opens his eyes.
Watergate: "Urgh. What a night..."
Simon: "I'll say! Its past noon already. Anyways, we have a few questions for you, if you wouldn't mind answering them."
Watergate: "No I wouldn't. I'm having a killer hangover, so if you wouldn't mind talking to me... errghh."

It doesn't look like the Mayor will be willing talking with a pounding headache.
>>
No. 1657 ID: 1e1932

>>1654

Give him some oil. "Hair of the dog that bit you."
>>
No. 1665 ID: 35cea2
File 124633620728.png - (25.29KB , 800x600 , Awful Stuff.png )
1665

Slater takes out the larger oil can he had in his inventory and refills one of the smaller oil cans. He then offers it to the Mayor.

Slater: "Here you go Sir, a little hair of the dog."

The Mayor pours the liquid into his, uh... chest.

Watergate: "Merciful Sculptor, this stuff is bloody awful! What the hell is it?!"
Slater: "This isn't actually drinking oil. We use it to grease door hinges."
Watergate: "Ergh. I will regret this later, but for now, I feel a bit better. Alright, now I believe one of you had some questions for me."
>>
No. 1669 ID: b497de

>>1665
show him the television
>>
No. 1670 ID: aef236

>>1665

Also ask him for money/potential job opportunities (for money).

Keep silent about your involvement with Tweed, for now.
>>
No. 1697 ID: 35cea2
File 124640095372.png - (25.31KB , 800x600 , Obvious Shoop.png )
1697

Simon: "First, I think you should see this."

Simon walks over and and picks up the televison to show it to the Mayor.

Simon: "We found this behind the keyhole in your door."
Watergate: "What the hell? Is that supposed to be me? What a horrible edit, that guy doesn't even look like me, and everyone know Clockworks don't feel sex anyways."
Simon: "We think someone is trying to get you removed from your office."
Watergate: "It must be Tweed! The cheating bastard just wants to be the mayor for his own greedy purposes."
Simon: "What a shame."
Watergate: "I have to find out a way to show everyone what a rotten scumbag that guy is!"
Simon: "Maybe we can help you with that. You see, we are broke and we were hoping to get some work from you."
Watergate: "Hmm. Maybe you could do something for me. Spy on him for and see if you can find proof he is doing something illegal."
Simon: "Any tips?"
Watergate: "He probably has some financial reports and such inside his desk. I bet if I search through them I can find evidence of some illegal activity there."
Simon: "Alright, sounds good."
>>
No. 1699 ID: bffa2a

>>1697

Demand the top hat for Slater also.
>>
No. 1776 ID: 7eda8b

Say something along the lines of:

"For the record, we have evidence that a terrible disaster will hit in thirty days. It's a shame the only way to fund an expedition to try and stop it is by doing jobs around town..."
>>
No. 1996 ID: 7eda8b

What a jerk.

We need to figure out how to betray BOTH of these guys for profit.
>>
No. 1998 ID: 35cea2
File 124650659797.png - (25.00KB , 800x600 , Caring.png )
1998

(repostan because I am a moron)

Simon: "Can we get the top hat as a reward also?"
Watergate: "No, this is an ancient hat, passed down for generations in my family. It is absolutely priceless!"
Simon: "Really?"
Watergate: "Of course not! It's my hat though and I'm keeping it."
Simon: "Fine. I suppose we better get to work then. It's a shame that we have to resort to odd jobs when the entire world is in peril."
Watergate: "I don't care. Just do your job."
>>
No. 2003 ID: 220607

>>1996
>>1998

Hmm... We should find a way to lure Tweed out of his office, and find those incriminative documents. Then we sell the pictures of the Mayor drunk to Tweed and the documents to the Mayor.
>>
No. 2468 ID: 35cea2
File 124682762533.png - (48.38KB , 800x600 , The End.png )
2468

The End is temporarily discontinued. It will resume at some point in the future. Maybe.

At this time I'd like to thank the people who bothered posting suggestions in this Quest. Stay awesome, guys.
>>
No. 2483 ID: e92f50
File 124682915814.png - (41.75KB , 875x880 , Awesome_emo.png )
2483

>>2468

Awww, no, man. Why?
>>
No. 2489 ID: 35cea2

>>2483

Simply put: Lack of confidence in my own abilities.

But worry not, I suspect I will cease brooding and wallowing in self-pity some time later. Maybe.
>>
No. 2604 ID: bde1b8

>>2489
NOOO!

Simon's oblivious nature and Slater's dry wit will be missed.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password