[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 153797)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 126981677680.gif - (10.64KB , 701x683 , 124.gif )
153797 No. 153797 ID: f609ed

Nan has entered the HOTEL LOBBY.
Expand all images
>>
No. 153798 ID: 30d4b2

Freak out at the gravity of the situation. Again.
>>
No. 153799 ID: 1ac39d

oh god oh god oh god. freak out a little. then check out the stuff in the cubbyholes and whats on the desk.
>>
No. 153800 ID: 8ce2bf

Come on Nan don't be silly just go back through the door I'm sure your boyfriend will be there.
>>
No. 153801 ID: 3416ec

HOLY YES.

Er ahem.

Attempt to calm frayed nerves and check the cubby holes.
>>
No. 153802 ID: 34470e

>>153799
This, then realize you're only in your underwear.
>>
No. 153803 ID: a56bd0

ohhhhh yessssssssss....
>>
No. 153804 ID: f609ed
File 126981700218.gif - (9.38KB , 701x683 , 125.gif )
153804

Nan freaks out at the gravity of the situation. Again.
>>
No. 153807 ID: ba7c76

Stay as calm as you can, see if anything's different than the last time.
Also, you are wearing a shirt, right?
>>
No. 153809 ID: f44349

Come to the sudden and unnerving realization that you are now in your underwe-
Wait whats that on the counter there? Was that there before?
>>
No. 153810 ID: a56bd0

>>153804
uhm... check door? I don't really expect much but...

wait.. do you even have a boyfriend? Who is the real you?
>>
No. 153811 ID: bc1727

No, this cannot be! You must still be dreaming. Check and see what has changed. Those cubbyholes. That thing on the desk. Everything.

You'll wake up soon...hopefully.

PS: YES NAN IS BACK
>>
No. 153812 ID: f609ed
File 126981728976.gif - (10.88KB , 701x683 , 126.gif )
153812

Nan is still wearing her shorts and a nightshirt.
Nan tries to calm herself and inspects the cubbyholes. There are two items here: a BALLPOINT PEN and a MAGNIFYING GLASS.
>>
No. 153814 ID: cf68aa

>>153812

Take the items
>>
No. 153815 ID: 34470e

>>153812
Take both items.
>>
No. 153816 ID: 3416ec

>>153812

Add items to inventory.
>>
No. 153817 ID: 35cea2

Lets mix things up a bit here guys:

DONT take those items!
>>
No. 153818 ID: f44349

>>153812
GET PEN
GET MAGNIFYING GLASS
LOOK COUNTER
>>
No. 153820 ID: f609ed
File 126981753246.gif - (14.46KB , 701x683 , 127.gif )
153820

Nan takes both items.
She is now carrying:
BROKEN ALARM CLOCK
PHILLIPS-HEAD SCREWDRIVER
CROSS PENDANT
UNCASHED CHECK
MAGNIFYING GLASS
BALLPOINT PEN
>>
No. 153821 ID: bc1727

Obviously, check that thing on the desk. Pray that the lights don't go out.
>>
No. 153822 ID: ba7c76

Examine the stuff on the desk.
>>
No. 153823 ID: 3416ec

>>153820

Read guest book.

Hug chandelier.
>>
No. 153825 ID: 35cea2

Cease freaking out. You're the main character, and the main character almost usually maybe sometimes never dies.
>>
No. 153826 ID: 8ce2bf

>>153820
Write down "NAN" on your arm, that way we'll have a better idea of what is real and what is not.
>>
No. 153827 ID: f44349

>>153820
Observe object on counter that was not there before.
>>
No. 153828 ID: 73d42c

>>153825
Ignore this. Genre awareness of Plot Armor is the #1 cause of protagonist deaths.
>>
No. 153830 ID: 34470e

>>153828
It's also tempting fate. No one should ever tempt fate.
>>
No. 153832 ID: a56bd0

>>153820
Okay Nan... what do you remember?
>>
No. 153833 ID: f609ed
File 126981795962.gif - (15.78KB , 701x683 , 128.gif )
153833

Nan picks up the NEWSPAPER.

It doesn't seem to make much sense.
>>
No. 153834 ID: bc1727

That tears it, you're dreaming...What's that thing next to the newspaper?
>>
No. 153836 ID: 8ce2bf

>>153833
Put down the newspaper and say hello to Henry.
>>
No. 153837 ID: 34470e

>>153833
Check the door.
>>
No. 153838 ID: 73d42c

>>153833
Check bell, or where the bell used to be.
>>
No. 153843 ID: f609ed
File 126981824771.gif - (11.03KB , 701x683 , 129.gif )
153843

Beside the newspaper is a BOOK OF MATCHES.
>>
No. 153844 ID: 3416ec

>>153833

Is that a partial picture of Nan upside-down??

Attempt to open front door to escape.
>>
No. 153845 ID: 3416ec

>>153843

Also, add MATCHES to inventory. Fire gooood.
>>
No. 153847 ID: bc1727

Take matches. Try to find that guy's room again.
>>
No. 153848 ID: 73d42c

>>153843
Acquire matches, look through front door.
>>
No. 153849 ID: 34470e

>>153843
Store the matches in your underwear.
>>
No. 153850 ID: 8ecfd4

>>153843
Take the matches.

Then lets throw the universe off track. Use screwdriver to seriously fuck up the broken clock.
>>
No. 153853 ID: a56bd0

>>153847
Yes, we may as well explore. First floor first...
>>
No. 153855 ID: f44349

>>153850
Oh ho!
That is a fine idea!
But I think we should attempt to repair the crazy clock.
We are a REPAIR-NAN after all.
>>
No. 153858 ID: 8ecfd4

>>153855
I say Nan has tired of repairing shit all the time. It's time for Vandal Nan to come out and show people who is the boss barbarian in this hotel. She has horns on her head after all.
>>
No. 153860 ID: f609ed
File 126981904311.gif - (94.99KB , 701x683 , 130.gif )
153860

Nan opens the front door.

[animated]
>>
No. 153861 ID: 34470e

>>153860
BEHIND YOU!
>>
No. 153862 ID: a56bd0

>>153860
Closing the door... nothing to see here.
>>
No. 153863 ID: f44349

>>153860
Wait WHAT?
WHAT???

SAVE OTHER SELF FROM MYSTERIOUS FIGURE

Alternately:
OH GOD LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!
>>
No. 153864 ID: 73d42c

>>153860
Close front door! Now sounds like a good time to explore the rest of the hotel...
>>
No. 153867 ID: 8ecfd4

>>153860
Looks like alternate universe Nan is in trouble. I bet she was evil anyway.

I also bet it was all that stupid clocks fault. Fuck it up properly and spread it's parts around the hotel as a warning to other timepieces.
>>
No. 153869 ID: f609ed
File 126981934028.gif - (10.56KB , 701x683 , 131.gif )
153869

Nan slams the front door shut and spins around, holding it closed, but no one else is in the room with her.

There's a loud impact from the other side of the door, and the sound of splintering wood.
>>
No. 153876 ID: 73d42c

>>153869
Is anything trying to get through? If so, hoof it back to Henry's room.
>>
No. 153877 ID: bc1727

Go through door to the right.
>>
No. 153878 ID: 632862

>>153869
Go into the hallway.
>>
No. 153881 ID: f44349

Okay. It is settled.
We are not going to open the front door any more.
Especially if we end up wearing a bandanna on our face or something.

Let's get the fuck out of here. Perhaps find that CUTE GUY and get him to help convince ourself we aren't crazy
>>
No. 153882 ID: a56bd0

>>153869
Let's find another exit. That door is weird (understatement of the day.)
>>
No. 153884 ID: 3416ec

>>153869

Yeah, let's not open the door again for a while.

Go right.
>>
No. 153885 ID: 8ecfd4

>>153869
Go look through the other rooms in the hotel. And ruin that clocks shit on the way
>>
No. 153886 ID: f609ed
File 126981958948.gif - (7.10KB , 701x683 , 132.gif )
153886

No, nothing appears to be trying to get through the door now. The noise has stopped and nothing is attempting to force the door against Nan.
>>
No. 153888 ID: 1ac39d

try to find a window, maybe smash it open with the clock.
>>
No. 153890 ID: f609ed
File 126981967630.gif - (10.01KB , 701x683 , 133.gif )
153890

>>
No. 153891 ID: e31d52

>>153886
Even so. Yon hallway.
>>
No. 153894 ID: bc1727

RUN through doorway to the right now.
>>
No. 153895 ID: 8ecfd4

>>153890
GET OUT OF THERE STALKER!

Run up to the next floor and once there find something to smash the clock with.
>>
No. 153896 ID: ba7c76

WEILD SCREWDRIVER AS SHANK
>>
No. 153897 ID: 3416ec

>>153890

RUN AWAY FROM THE DOOR! NOW!
>>
No. 153898 ID: a56bd0

>>153890
Break off that claw with uhmm... shit.. we seem to lack furniture... never mind get the hell away.
>>
No. 153900 ID: 73d42c

>>153886
>nothing appears to be trying to get through the door
>>153890

I DO NOT BELEIVE THAT TO BE TRUE
To Henry's room, Room 114.
>>
No. 153901 ID: f44349

>>153886
Let's get the fuck out of here before that door does something else biza-

>>153890
FLEE
RIGHT. NOW. GO. RUN.
>>
No. 153905 ID: f609ed
File 126982001573.gif - (8.43KB , 701x683 , 134.gif )
153905

Nan quickly flees from the lobby as the sound of splintering wood echoes through the halls.
>>
No. 153908 ID: bc1727

Wait, wait. What's that hanging on the wall there?
>>
No. 153909 ID: 3416ec

>>153905

HIDE IN THE JANITOR'S CLOSET! HURRY!
>>
No. 153910 ID: cf68aa

>>153905

>Go into the janitors room! They'll never see it coming!
>>
No. 153911 ID: 632862

>>153905
Hide in the janitor's closet!
>>
No. 153914 ID: ba7c76

quick, check the janitor's closet for SOMETHING you can use for self defense.
>>
No. 153915 ID: a56bd0

>>153905
Hide in closet and ready screwdriver
>>
No. 153916 ID: 8ecfd4

>>153905
Janitors closet might have something to smash that clock with.
>>
No. 153917 ID: cf68aa

>>153908

It's for that chandelier
>>
No. 153920 ID: bc1727

That's the stupidest thing imaginable to do. Continue to room 114 (or whatever) or arm yourself with a vase. No hiding where there is no escape.
>>
No. 153922 ID: 73d42c

>>153917
I think >>153908 might be talking about the sign/photo next to the Janitor closet.
>>
No. 153925 ID: e3f578

Bring the pot for a makeshift weapon!
>>
No. 153926 ID: f609ed
File 126982047532.gif - (9.44KB , 701x683 , 135.gif )
153926

Nan attempts to open the door, but the JANITOR'S CLOSET DOOR is locked!
>>
No. 153928 ID: bc1727

And the totally predictable outcome happens. RUN to the right.
>>
No. 153929 ID: ba7c76

FUCK IT JUST STAB THAT THING WITH YOUR SCREWDRIVER OR SOMETHING
>>
No. 153931 ID: 632862

>>153926
OH GOD WHY IS IT LOCKED

Run goddamn it.
>>
No. 153932 ID: 73d42c

>>153926
Room 114 Room 114 Room 114
Run Nan, Run!
>>
No. 153933 ID: 8ecfd4

>>153926
Dodge to the right and then shank the fuck with your screwdriver.
>>
No. 153935 ID: 3416ec

DIVE FOR COVER!
>>
No. 153936 ID: 66d88e

RUN LIKE HELL!
>>
No. 153940 ID: e04c9b

Run towards the Lobby! He won't expect it!
>>
No. 153943 ID: e3f578

When running to the right press an elevator button in case we get a chance to turn around and get back here.
>>
No. 153944 ID: ded270

Stab it with the screwdriver and throw the cross at it as hard as possible!
Swing it around for a couple seconds to pick up speed.
>>
No. 153945 ID: bc1727

>>153931

Utility closets are ALWAYS locked. That was obvious.

>>153943

Yes, do this.
>>
No. 153946 ID: f609ed
File 126982113795.gif - (79.10KB , 701x683 , 136.gif )
153946

Nan runs down the hall, heading for Room 114.

She considers pressing the elevator call button, but just as she begins to pass the elevator, it chimes on its own.

[animated]
>>
No. 153949 ID: 8ecfd4

>>153946
Might be a monster fight coming up. Throw the clock at the one following you to distract it.
>>
No. 153950 ID: 934ef5

>>153946
JUST KEEP RUNNING
>>
No. 153952 ID: 3416ec

>>153946

OH SHI- KEEP RUNNING UNTIL YOU CAN FIND AN OPEN DOOR TO DIVE INTO.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
>>
No. 153956 ID: a56bd0

>>153946
DAAAANM!
>>
No. 153957 ID: ded270

>>153946
RUN.
>>
No. 153961 ID: 66d88e

Scream for Help! Maybe Someone will hear you.
If not, them duck into a room, lock the door, and baricade it. The first creepy coming after you tore through the first door with ease.
>>
No. 153968 ID: f609ed
File 126982201532.gif - (7.19KB , 701x683 , 138.gif )
153968

Nan continues running down the hall.

Room 111...
Room 112...
Room 113...

Room 114.
>>
No. 153970 ID: bc1727

Briefly try to open every door after 115 unless that thing is hot on your trail!
>>
No. 153972 ID: 632862

Get to 117! It should still be open, right?
>>
No. 153974 ID: 34470e

>>153968
OPEN DOOR 115!
>>
No. 153975 ID: bc1727

>>153970

including 115, sorry.
>>
No. 153976 ID: 934ef5

>>153968
...Of course. Try the next door.
>>
No. 153978 ID: 3416ec

DAMMIT!

Go for ROOM 115! GO GO GO!!
>>
No. 153980 ID: 73d42c

>>153968
I'm guessing that Henry won't be letting us in.

Grab the clock from your inventory, and get ready to throw it. Face whatever is following you and back up to the next door, 115. Check if it is unlocked.

Throw the clock if the shadowthings get too close.
>>
No. 153984 ID: 8ecfd4

>>153968
Open door 115 and go in.
>>
No. 153986 ID: f609ed
File 126982235566.gif - (7.71KB , 701x683 , 139.gif )
153986

Room 115 is locked, and Nan doesn't have the key!

Something rattles the chains on the door beside her.
>>
No. 153988 ID: bc1727

Fuck that, keep running! Try every door you can.
>>
No. 153990 ID: 73d42c

>>153986
"Henry, is that you?"
>>
No. 153991 ID: 34470e

>>153986
Scream profanities at the chain!
>>
No. 153992 ID: 3416ec

"Henry! Is that you??"
>>
No. 153993 ID: 8ecfd4

>>153986
Throw the clock at shadow creatures while shouting profanities to the universe at large!
>>
No. 153994 ID: a56bd0

Please don't be 'another' monster.
>>
No. 153996 ID: f609ed
File 126982270289.gif - (6.60KB , 701x683 , 140.gif )
153996

Nan calls out, asking if the presence behind the door is Henry.
There is no verbal response -- just more rattling of chains.

Nan continues running down the hall. These are the last two doors.
>>
No. 153998 ID: 632862

>>153996
Try 117 first! It might still be unlocked.
>>
No. 154001 ID: 3416ec

>>153996

Quick, open 117!
>>
No. 154002 ID: e31d52

>>153996
NAN YOU ARE A GOAT

RAM THE DOOR OPEN

117
>>
No. 154003 ID: 8ecfd4

>>153996
Shout some more profanities at the unjust at and uncaring universe. Throw clock at followers and then try opening door 117.
>>
No. 154004 ID: 099247

>>153996
Throw that plantpot to the ground! TO THE GROUND.

Then check 116 since it's closer.
>>
No. 154006 ID: f609ed
File 126982285632.gif - (1.27KB , 701x683 , 141.gif )
154006

There's a window at the very end of the hall, some distance after the door to Room 117, but for some reason it's dark outside.

Nan tries the door to Room 116.

The lights go out.
>>
No. 154007 ID: 73d42c

>>153998
We used a key to get into 117 last time, which we don't have.
Try 116, then 117. Prepare screwdriver if neither opens.
>>
No. 154009 ID: 632862

>>154006
Take out the broken alarm clock and use it as a light.
>>
No. 154010 ID: bc1727

Dammit. 117 was probably the right door. Feel around for it!
>>
No. 154011 ID: 3416ec

>>154006

This is not good.

Open the door and locate the light switch. Turn light switch on.
>>
No. 154012 ID: 632862

Also, get to that window. OPEN IT AND ESCAPE.
>>
No. 154013 ID: 73d42c

>>154006
>>154007
...nevermind then. Try creeping along the wall to door 117?
>>
No. 154014 ID: bc1727

Use the digital clock for a faint source of illumination!
>>
No. 154015 ID: f609ed
File 126982302513.gif - (1.17KB , 701x683 , 142.gif )
154015

Nan stumbles, trying to find her way.

Something is approaching in the darkness, making soft, shuffling noises.
>>
No. 154017 ID: 8ecfd4

>>154015
Throw clock at source of sound.
>>
No. 154018 ID: a56bd0

>>154015
oh god not that thing again...
>>
No. 154019 ID: 099247

>>154015
FLAIL WILDLY AT POTTED PLANT! Throw that shit!
>>
No. 154020 ID: 632862

>>154015
Oh god, not again.

Get that window open!
>>
No. 154021 ID: bc1727

FFFFFFFFFF....Is that alarm clock's light helping at all?
>>
No. 154022 ID: 34470e

>>154015
Use the clock and the magnifying glass to create a makeshift flashlight
>>
No. 154024 ID: 73d42c

>>154015
Pull out the alarm clock to use as a (very weak) light source.

Move towards the window. Try opening it.
>>
No. 154029 ID: bc1727

Screw the window, keep trying to find 117.
>>
No. 154035 ID: f609ed
File 126982352247.gif - (4.88KB , 701x683 , 143.gif )
154035

The window should be at the end of the hall. It would be relatively easy to find.
Nan fumbles and draws out the ALARM CLOCK, but it provides no real illumination!

The door to Room 117 opens.
A hurried voice comes from the other side, telling Nan to get inside!
>>
No. 154037 ID: bc1727

Fishy, but we have no choice, get inside!
>>
No. 154038 ID: 34470e

>>154035
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GET IN THERE!
>>
No. 154039 ID: 73d42c

>>154035
GET INSIDE which should be your first instinct anyways
>>
No. 154040 ID: 8ecfd4

>>154035
Throw alarm clock at omniously glowing eyes. Then get inside.
>>
No. 154043 ID: a56bd0

>>154035
Get ye in!
>>
No. 154044 ID: 632862

Just get in. Don't throw the alarm clock.
>>
No. 154054 ID: f609ed
File 126982421216.gif - (8.16KB , 701x683 , 144.gif )
154054

Nan hesitates only for a moment, and then dives into Room 117, spinning around to see an unfamiliar man close and bolt the door.
>>
No. 154055 ID: f609ed
File 126982424616.gif - (11.07KB , 701x683 , 145.gif )
154055

Nan tries to catch her breath.
The man nods calmly, and tries to reassure her.
He says it's all right, she's safe now.
>>
No. 154057 ID: e31d52

>>154055
Hug man.

Cry.
>>
No. 154058 ID: 5eabae

>>154044
>>
No. 154059 ID: bc1727

"What the hell is going on!?"

Resist breaking down. You may still be in danger.
>>
No. 154060 ID: 632862

>>154055
"What were those things what is this place who are you what's going ON"
>>
No. 154061 ID: 66d88e

Ask him panickedly what the hell is going on
>>
No. 154062 ID: 895ee7

>>154054

Say "Hi", be cautious.
>>
No. 154063 ID: 099247

>>154055
Ask him what the hell makes him so sure of safety? Like a wooden door is going to stop something not even of this earth.
>>
No. 154064 ID: 73d42c

>>154055
Calm down a notch, and ask him what is going on.
Then ask his name. It's only polite.
>>
No. 154065 ID: 3416ec

"WHAT in the HELL is GOING ON."
>>
No. 154067 ID: a56bd0

>>154055
What's wrong with this place? We don't even know who we really are any more.
>>
No. 154069 ID: f609ed
File 126982462974.gif - (10.17KB , 701x683 , 146.gif )
154069

Nan freaks out and begins demanding answers in a panic. The man places a hand on her shoulder and nods once, saying she's had a bad scare, but she's going to be okay. He says she shouldn't worry. Just calm down, and keep her voice down.

The man from Room 117 introduces himself as Pablo.
>>
No. 154070 ID: 445c48

nan hug pablo
>>
No. 154071 ID: 3416ec

>>154069

WHY DOES HE HAVE AN AXE.

BACK AWAY FROM PABLO.
>>
No. 154073 ID: bc1727

Yeah, trust the guy with the freaking axe. Try to calm down and ask him what that was out there...And why she can't get out.
>>
No. 154074 ID: 1ac39d

>>154071
abort backing away. it's obvious he has an axe to fight off MONSTROSITIES.
>>
No. 154076 ID: 73d42c

>>154069
Construct pillow fort from sheets on bed. Calm down a bit.
>>
No. 154077 ID: 30d4b2

Axe him... I mean Ask him what hes doing with an axe, and what the HELL is going on.
>>
No. 154078 ID: 632862

>>154069
Be quiet, then. Sit down and get ahold of yourself. Introduce yourself.
>>
No. 154081 ID: e04c9b

>>154069
Clearly Pablo knows that this is a trick and has already gotten ax. Look around room while freaking out and jumping at every little sound.
>>
No. 154083 ID: 3416ec

>>154069

Okay fine.

Sit on bed, take several deep breaths, then ask Pablo why the hell this hotel is so jacked up.
>>
No. 154090 ID: f609ed
File 126982533111.gif - (10.91KB , 701x683 , 147.gif )
154090

Nan takes a deep breath and sits on the bed, trying to calm herself. Pablo sits as well. He places the FIRE AXE on the bedside dresser, evidently having noticed Nan's worried looks at it. He assures her he would never use it on a person.

After a few moments, Nan takes a breath and asks quietly what's going on.

Pablo answers calmly.
He tells Nan there's a blackout in the hall, but as long as the lights are on in here, they're safe.
>>
No. 154094 ID: 632862

>>154090
"But... what are those things?"
>>
No. 154095 ID: e31d52

>>154090
Cue lights going out.
Lay down on his lap, relax, hum showtunes.
>>
No. 154096 ID: 3416ec

>>154090

Safe... from WHAT?
>>
No. 154097 ID: 34470e

>>154090
OH FUCK YOU, PABLO! DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE?
>>
No. 154100 ID: 73d42c

>>154090
Ask him if he knows what is happening, beyond the blackouts.
>>
No. 154101 ID: 1ac39d

realize he just invoked murphy's law and the lights are going to go out.
>>
No. 154102 ID: f21281

>>154090
MONSTERS SPAWN IN THE DARK
>>
No. 154103 ID: d97d76

"Safe from what? No seriously, you may for some reason be accustomed to being trapped in a hotel with eldritch horrors, BUT I'M NOT. I JUST CAME HERE TO FIX AN OUTLET."
>>
No. 154104 ID: 482f1b

Cue lights going out.
FIND WEAPON SYRUSLY
>>
No. 154106 ID: 3416ec

>>154102

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
>>
No. 154107 ID: 3a4a54

Nan, dear, please slap Pablo upside the head for invoking Murphy's law before attempting to loot the room for anything useful.
>>
No. 154114 ID: f609ed
File 12698259065.gif - (10.86KB , 701x683 , 148.gif )
154114

Nan demands to know exactly WHAT they're safe from. Pablo tells her to calm down again.

He says in the time that he's been here, he hasn't figured out exactly what those things are. But when the lights go out, they find their way in.
Those uninvited things.

He tries to reassure Nan. He tells her that in the light, nothing can hurt her.
>>
No. 154116 ID: 34470e

>>154114
Ask him if he knows what the broken clock is for.
>>
No. 154117 ID: e31d52

>>154114
Okay, okay okay.
Simmer down. Introduce yourself. He seems like a nice fellow, maybe everything isn't totally bad. :3c
>>
No. 154118 ID: 1ac39d

SOMETHING MOVED! pull the dresser with the axe away from the wall
>>
No. 154119 ID: 445c48

>>154114
In b4 lights go off.

Inquire what's keeping the lights on in here. Try lighting something on fire.
>>
No. 154120 ID: 3416ec

>>154114

Ask if he has any flashlights or candles or somesuch.
>>
No. 154121 ID: 1ac39d

seriously, look at the back of the dresser in 145, 147, and 148. in 148 it changes.
>>
No. 154122 ID: 632862

>>154114
Okay, we're safe. Stop freaking out.

...wait, the outlet behind the dresser moved.
>>
No. 154123 ID: 73d42c

>>154114
Okay, calm down a bit Nan. It looks like he is right; it's not following you into the room. Given how quickly it took out the front door, it would easily be able to get into the room if the lights weren't keeping it out.

Ask Pablo if there is anything else in the room you could use to defend yourself.

Also, check the outlet behind the bedside dresser. See if it is repaired, or in need of repairing again.
>>
No. 154124 ID: d0eaad

Ask him if he's absolutely SURE about that.
>>
No. 154125 ID: 482f1b

Look for USEFUL ITEMS ALREADY
>>
No. 154129 ID: 3a4a54

Right. Mission One, find portable non-electric light.

I recommend finding out if that lamp has an outlet. If so, you can probably start a spark by cannabalizing some wire, using the shower rod as a base, then wrapping up some towels around where you want a handle and the tip, then dipping the tip in some flammable chemical under the sink.

If one of those aren't possible, or if the idea is fundamentally flawed, at least try to arm yourself. Detach the shower rod, ask Pablo to axe it to a point, something.
>>
No. 154131 ID: c50a92

>>154114
Get that axe the fuck off that dresser. NOW.

Shadow = darkness, and there's definitely a fucking shadow behind that thing.
>>
No. 154132 ID: f609ed
File 126982641193.gif - (10.98KB , 701x683 , 149.gif )
154132

Nan asks if Pablo is sure nothing can hurt her in the light.
He pauses, glancing down, then quietly admits he is not completely certain. But it certainly has seemed that way from what he's observed in the past.

Nan jumps suddenly, pointing at the dresser. She tells Pablo something has moved behind it.

Pablo asks Nan if she's sure she saw something.
>>
No. 154135 ID: 632862

Slowly move the dresser away.

Tell him that there was an outlet behind it that you fixed when you first came to the hotel.
>>
No. 154136 ID: 099247

>>154114
Grab axe and check behind the dresser.
>>
No. 154138 ID: 3416ec

>>154132

We saw SOMETHING alright.

Investigate behind dresser drawers.
>>
No. 154139 ID: 73d42c

>>154132
Ask Pablo to pick up the AXE and check behind the dresser yourself.
>>
No. 154140 ID: d86d2c

Take the axe and move the drawer it's on.
>>
No. 154142 ID: 1ac39d

tell him that shadows are not lit. the things could be trying to short out the room by messing with the outlets.
>>
No. 154143 ID: 482f1b

Get the shower rod!
>>
No. 154144 ID: 19ecf1

Tell Pablo to weild ax, and that you're over the inital shock...

Pull pipe from bathroom sink and weild it.

Begin a quest to wire all the lights in the hotel and escape after bringing light to the darkness.

Say hi to bunny's with three eyes and cats with one ...
>>
No. 154146 ID: f44349

>>154114
Inform him that something was ALREADY chasing you BEFORE the lights went out!
So we are still a Little freaked out!
Something was definitely behind the dresser but... I think it's gone now.
>>
No. 154147 ID: 340812

Ah! Light needs electricity, and electricity is Nan's job! Whatever these things are, it's targeting Nan... because she's the only one who can stop them!

Get your electrician on, Nan. First things first - make sure that the power in this room isn't going to go!
>>
No. 154148 ID: 482f1b

PLEASE Weaver, let this NOT be a joke thread.
>>
No. 154150 ID: 8b7db1

>>154132
Have NAN pull the dresser away, while PABLO readies the AXE to SLAY anything that might be hiding behind it.
>>
No. 154151 ID: f609ed
File 126982681666.gif - (9.81KB , 701x683 , 150.gif )
154151

Nan is certain she saw something. Pablo grabs his axe and holds it at the ready, and on his signal, Nan pulls the dresser back quickly.

...there's a rat sniffling behind the dresser, near a small rathole where an outlet used to be.
>>
No. 154152 ID: 632862

>>154151
...Oh.

Weird, where'd the outlet go?

Let's just wait for the blackout to end, then.
>>
No. 154153 ID: 701a19

>>154151
Look into the rathole.

If it's clear, then hug Pablo, kiss him, and tell him that you'll do almost anything for him if he helps you get out of this unharmed.
>>
No. 154154 ID: 1ac39d

bracing for something to grab the rat!
>>
No. 154155 ID: 73d42c

>>154151
"It... looks like a rat?"

Ask Pablo if he checked behind the dresser before.
>>
No. 154156 ID: 482f1b

Wasn't that rat dead?
>>
No. 154157 ID: 3a4a54

Have Pablo ready his axe on the rat in case it turns out to be evil mutant death rat.

Check LAMP.
>>
No. 154158 ID: 3297aa

Inb4 the lights go out.
Also, I'm a bit late to the party but FUCK YEAH NAN IS BACK WOOOO.
>>
No. 154159 ID: f44349

>>154151
>a small rathole where an outlet used to be.
...Interesting.
Do you think it is possible that these 'unwelcome guests' could be attacking the electrical wiring? Yknow, to kill all the lights?
>>
No. 154164 ID: 632862

...you know if we wanted to check the wiring we could bust up the wall a little.
>>
No. 154165 ID: 3416ec

Peek through rat hole.
>>
No. 154166 ID: f609ed
File 126982734993.gif - (9.13KB , 701x683 , 151.gif )
154166

The rat, discovered, quickly scurries into the hole.

Nan asks Pablo if these things might be attacking the wiring, forcing blackouts.
Pablo says he thinks the blackouts aren't purely electrical... that he knows Nan is new here, but surely even she can tell there is more at work here than bad wiring.
>>
No. 154168 ID: 34470e

>>154166
Ask him about room 114
>>
No. 154169 ID: 3416ec

>>154166

Lovecraftian horrors messing with the electricity?

Peek through rat hole. See if it leads anywhere.
>>
No. 154170 ID: d86d2c

Why don't you try cutting away part of the wall, starting from the rathole?
>>
No. 154171 ID: 482f1b

AWSM YOU ARE BAK
RUBYQEST 2
>>
No. 154172 ID: 96fb33

>>154166
IT'S DARK IN THAT RATHOLE NAN

DARK
>>
No. 154173 ID: 73d42c

>>154166
Move the dresser and try to look into the rat hole.

Ask Pablo if there are any portable light sources, such as a flashlight or battery-powered lamp.
>>
No. 154174 ID: a56bd0

So? can they move in light or just not attack? Because we saw some 'things' in the hallway and entryway before the lights went out.

Also, how long has he been here? Who else is here? We have seen someone else normal.. we think... maybe... our memory is all wrong.
>>
No. 154175 ID: 3297aa

>>154170
>cut away wall
>get to the inside of the wall
>there is darkness inside the wall
I'm gonna have to vote against that.
Also, ask Pablo if there's anybody else in here.
>>
No. 154177 ID: f44349

>>154166
Well... yeah. But it is interesting to know they have to kill the electricity and can't just magic up darkness or something!

Anyways inform him about that fact that something was chasing you BEFORE the lights went out!
>>
No. 154178 ID: 632862

Well... perhaps we should just wait out the blackout, then.
>>
No. 154179 ID: 1ac39d

>>154177
what if the lights WERE out, we just didn't notice?
>>
No. 154180 ID: d86d2c

>>154175
There is light in the room. If the lights in the room light up the room, and if that light wards off whatever shit is in the darkness outside, then why not try exposing some more of the wall.
>>
No. 154182 ID: d86d2c

Also, ask Pablo how long he's been here, and what date and time he thinks it is. On that note, what was the date when you left your home, Nan?
>>
No. 154183 ID: bc1727

Ask Pablo if he's tried to escape yet.
>>
No. 154188 ID: 8ce2bf

>>154166
But there's darkness between your clothes and you! Panic and rip off Pablo's clothes, saying you're saving him from the darkness.
Ask him how long he's been here.
>>
No. 154189 ID: 482f1b

Ask Pablo the time and date, how long he's been here, etc
>>
No. 154190 ID: 19ecf1

If we wait, the darkness might seep in...
We need to find a carpenter to fix em holes...
I mean, we're an electritrian; What skill does Pablo have that can help?

Either way, get a pipe from the sink in the bathroom.
>>
No. 154191 ID: 3297aa

>>154180
The way I'm interpreting this is that light just keeps them from appearing. Remember the monster that came through the main door? The light didn't slow that thing down.
>>
No. 154194 ID: 19ecf1

Addition . HOLD NEESPAPER to BATHROOM MIRROR.
>>
No. 154196 ID: 8ce2bf

>>154191
If they just can't appear in the light we're better off plugging that hole in the wall just in case that will help. The pillow on the bed should work. Or Pablo's shirt if you like the pillow too much.
>>
No. 154198 ID: 482f1b

We still don't have a torch in case the light blows, or a weapon, or the assurance that Pablo wont go batshit on us! We need all those things if there's a chance of a happy ending!
>>
No. 154207 ID: e04c9b

Look at other power outlets. ANd get a weapon!
>>
No. 154210 ID: e3f578

Ask him if his memories of the past are fucked up at all. Because I don't know if Henry is really your boyfriend at all.
>>
No. 154243 ID: 632862

Well. Now that we're safe...

Tell him everything.
>>
No. 154250 ID: bf49dc

Realize you're topless.
>>
No. 154255 ID: ddaa88

bring lamp over to cast light into rathole
poke around with screwdriver
kill rat if possible (food?)

then go in bathroom
>>
No. 154261 ID: 23ebea

>>154250
She has a nightshirt.
>>
No. 154298 ID: 5eabae

>>154166
Sit back down on the bed (after replacing the dresser), and tell him about your previous escapades involving the hotel.
>>
No. 154587 ID: 8ecfd4

>>154166
Ask to borrow axe and then use it to smash the broken clock. I'm telling it's partly responsible for this and evil.

Ask Pablo how long he has been trapped in this hellhole of a hotel. How can they expect paying customers like this?
>>
No. 154635 ID: bc1727

>Ask to borrow axe and then use it to smash the broken clock.

We have a screwdriver. Why open it with an axe?
>>
No. 154667 ID: c525ab

>>154635
Axe is better at smashing and making sure the clock is properly broken.
>>
No. 155315 ID: 00e348

Do three things =
Primo, reflect newspaper in a mirror, see if something becomes legilible
Secundo, use magnifying glass on newspaper. maybe looking at newspaper then would make some sense?
Tertio: unscrew the clock, see why it's working without any energy.
>>
No. 155330 ID: 88fc9a

Just a wild guess here. Maybe the 466 refers to a room number? Long shot, since there should only be three floors...
>>
No. 155406 ID: 445c48

Use Axe, cut your way out of the hotel after lighting it on fire.
>>
No. 155407 ID: 9042e3

>>155330
Suddenly, i remembered Silent Hill...

Nan, if given an opportunity, please check whether there is 4th floor or not.
>>
No. 156243 ID: d560d6

Goddamnit do you guys suck at this.

For all the READ NOTE READ NOTE READ NOTE, we ended the last thread waking up in bed with a recognized romantic partner, and we DIDN'T HUG THEM? Now we'll never get a maximum score!
>>
No. 159018 ID: 2c4b6b

Don't replace the dresser. If something does come through the hole, I doubt it will stop it.
Instead, see if you can put something in front of the hole that would rattle in case something tries to enter. That way you'll have some advance warning.
>>
No. 159065 ID: 2eac65

Don't smash the clock. There's no apparent benefit to doing so.
>>
No. 159183 ID: da696f

ask about henry and if he was the one who locked the door to 114
>>
No. 159206 ID: e9ab30

While we're on the topic, what is Pablo anyways?
Is he like, a bat, or something?
>>
No. 159527 ID: da696f

>>159206
i can see pablo as a bat, but honestly wtf is henry?
>>
No. 160318 ID: 6a5a08

Reach into the rat hole and see if you can find something useful. It worked in RubyQuest. Once we had something to grab it with.
But it is pretty dark in there...

If Pablo is a bat, he could lead us if the darkness comes, so we have that going for us now. Ask if his super bat ultrasonic scream can detect anything in the hole. Other than, you know, a rat.
>>
No. 160330 ID: f08146

In IRC when this was updating, we came up with the decision that henry was a fennec fox, or something. Nonetheless, according to Weaver, their races have no impact on anything, and as such don't matter~
>>
No. 160410 ID: db055d

Does the door have a peephole? Maybe check to see if it's light again in the hallway.

Also, have a look in the dresser drawers. Or ask Pablo if anything's in 'em.

If you still have a flashlight, use it on the rat hole.
>>
No. 160456 ID: 6a5a08

>>160410

That'd work (and make more sense, since beasty doesn't like light according to Pablo), but the sound waves sounds more fun.
Also, check BATHROOM MIRROR. You know, just in case.
If lights go out, get away from Pablo. He could monsterdize on us.
>>
No. 160872 ID: 7b5188

If this is a dream then if you go to sleep you'll wake up. You're safe in your dreams Nan!
>>
No. 160873 ID: 7b5188

>>154177
ACTUALLY!! It was just cutting through the door, Remember it was dark outside, and the one in the elevator didnt follow you until the lights want out.
I AM SMART
>>
No. 160874 ID: 7b5188

>>154191
You don't know that it followed us, If I had to bet I would say that the shadow beasts look like people in the light. I bet that axeman is one of them. maybe he doesn't even know it.
>>
No. 160875 ID: 7b5188

>>154166
look at you staring at him, Nan ur soo cuuuute~
>>
No. 162291 ID: 2c4b6b

>>154132
>But it certainly has seemed that way from what he's observed in the past.

Ask him what exactly he has observed in the past. You need to understand how these things work if you're going to have any chance.
By the way, DON'T smash the strange clock that appeared from nowhere. There's no telling what it would do.
>>
No. 162864 ID: 1af93d

locked room? Check
chains? Check
Hole behind dresser? Check
can't get out? Check

HOLY FUCK WE'RE IN SILENT HILL
>>
No. 162945 ID: 3297aa

>>160874
see
>>153926
>>
No. 163256 ID: 77132c

>>162945
That... could be anything black and sinister...
>>
No. 163273 ID: 6a5a08

>>162945

That is merely the spreading darkness approaching before it to allow it into the hallway. Or it started a fire and that's smoke.
>>
No. 163292 ID: 6b99ed

>>154166
Shine the flashlight into the hole
>>
No. 163308 ID: e20001

>If you still have a flashlight, use it on the rat hole.
>Shine the flashlight into the hole

Nan doesn't have a flashlight right now.
>>
No. 163309 ID: a09ad6

Reach your electric tongue into the hole.
>>
No. 163315 ID: d6cb21

We need to aquire clothing ASAP
>>
No. 163360 ID: 6a5a08

She has a shirt and short shorts on. It says so in the last part.
>>
No. 163435 ID: 099247

>last post on 10/03/28(Sun)18:49

>latest reply on 10/04/12(Mon)

Will you fucking idiots stop bumping this and use the discussion board?
>>
No. 163825 ID: 3ec73b

>>155315

Maybe we should have a go at the newspaper again. While we're using the mirror, why not inspect the bathroom while we're there?
>>
No. 166461 ID: 7c3a81
File 127164815578.gif - (16.43KB , 701x683 , 152.gif )
166461

Nan asks Pablo how long he's been here, and what the date and time are.

He says he doesn't know how long he's been here -- maybe seven or eight days. He says when he came here, it was the 14th of October, and when Nan arrived it was the 24th, so he's been here for ten days.
Pablo shrugs at her response. He says it's hard to keep track of time in this place.

Before Nan can question more about the rathole, Pablo asks her if she's hungry.
Nan's still feeling sated from the pizza this morning.
>>
No. 166463 ID: 34470e

>>166461
Tell him you might want a snack.
>>
No. 166465 ID: 3416ec

>>166461

Unless we can save this snack for later, I'd say no thanks.
>>
No. 166471 ID: 6cd631

Oh boy, an update!
Tell him you're not hungry, but ask about food in the hotel... If there is any.
>>
No. 166472 ID: 9d07d9

Who knows how long we'll be here, we may as well learn where we can get some food.
>>
No. 166474 ID: 7c3a81
File 127164859325.gif - (17.80KB , 701x683 , 153.gif )
166474

Nan says she's not hungry now, but it would be good to have something for later. Or at least know where she could get food around here.

Pablo stands, nodding. He says he is going to go to the Janitor's closet and see if there's any canned food left there. That's what he's been eating since he got here.
But it's dangerous, and he asks Nan to wait here. She'll be safe.
>>
No. 166477 ID: 701a19

>>166474
Fuck.
No.
Stay with him, since you're safer TOGETHER.
>>
No. 166478 ID: 3b6c92

>>166474
Don't split up. Seriously. Bad idea.
>>
No. 166479 ID: 2e743c

No don't let him go alone.
>>
No. 166481 ID: 8ce2bf

>>166474
Grab onto his thighs and tell him not to go.
>>
No. 166482 ID: d6fef9

>>166474
YOU ARE IN A REAL LIFE HORROR MOVIE, NO SPLITTING UP!
>>
No. 166483 ID: 0b2a05

Tell him you'd honestly feel better if you went with him. Is this room protected somehow?
>>
No. 166485 ID: 3416ec

>>166474
>She'll be safe.

HA.

Ask if Nan could accompany Pablo. Strength in numbers, after all.
>>
No. 166486 ID: 1ac39d

you split up and an hour later you are going to find Pablo's severed head.
>>
No. 166487 ID: 7524b0

>>166474
It's safer to go together. It's not like Nan is a wimp or anything, we just don't have a very good weapon.

"Heck no, I'm coming with you. With two against one, I feel confident enough to use this." and hold up the screwdriver.
>>
No. 166494 ID: 7c3a81
File 127164931043.gif - (19.41KB , 701x683 , 154.gif )
166494

Nan grabs Pablo by the shoulders and insists that he not leave her alone. There is strength in numbers, after all. If they split up, Pablo could be in danger too.

Pablo assures Nan he's done this before, that he knows what this place is like. She doesn't know what she's up against yet.
>>
No. 166495 ID: eaa865

>>166494

Keep at it! Don't split!
>>
No. 166496 ID: 7524b0

>>166494
"What, really? Okay, but when do I get to learn?"
>>
No. 166497 ID: 1ac39d

tell him you have seen horror movies before. the guy who suggests splitting up always dies.
>>
No. 166499 ID: 701a19

>>166494
"I've done this before too. Splitting up does NOT end well.
>>
No. 166500 ID: 3416ec

>>166494

Then we need to requisition a weapon of sorts.

Does Pablo have any shotguns or handguns handy? Preferably with FMJ incendiary rounds?
>>
No. 166501 ID: 0b2a05

Listen to him, he knows what he's doing. He's just like you Nan, and he's confident. That means you just don't know how to deal with this, not that it can't be dealt with. Stay in the room and calm down, you'll be fine, trust him.
>>
No. 166504 ID: 8ce2bf

>>166494
You're going to have to do whatever you can to stay together, bad things happen to those who split up! If he is intent on leaving without you, you'll just have to rip off his clothes and force him to explain what this place is like.
>>
No. 166506 ID: 7c3a81
File 127164963068.gif - (18.11KB , 701x683 , 155.gif )
166506

Nan continues to insist. The only way they stand a chance is together.
Pablo considers and finally yields. He hands Nan the fire axe and tells her to keep an eye out, and to cover him if trouble arrives.

It's never easy. They'll wait for the lights, move quick, head straight to the janitor's closet, and head right back.
>>
No. 166507 ID: 3416ec

>>166506

Excellent.

Let's do this.
>>
No. 166511 ID: 283408

>>166506
Sounds good. But now that you have the axe there is something you must do. Smash the infernal clock!
>>
No. 166513 ID: 154253

>>166506
That sounds like a plan. Keep a firm grip on the axe, you don't want to lose it.
>>
No. 166515 ID: 7c3a81
File 127164989514.gif - (22.40KB , 701x683 , 156.gif )
166515

Nan takes the axe and Pablo checks the peephole.
He says it looks like the light is back on in the hallway.
>>
No. 166516 ID: 0b2a05

Thank him.
>>
No. 166517 ID: 3416ec

Remember Nan: go quickly, but go carefully.
>>
No. 166518 ID: 7524b0

>>166516
With tongue.
>>
No. 166520 ID: 0abb50

Get ready to run.
>>
No. 166526 ID: 283408

>>166515
Smash the clock now before it's too late!

But since you're not really going to do that. Tell him that it's go time.
>>
No. 166528 ID: 6547ec

In before Pablo stabbed through peephole.
>>
No. 166530 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165033833.gif - (15.49KB , 701x683 , 157.gif )
166530

Nan and Pablo step out into the hallway again.
Pablo freezes. Nan keeps the fire axe firmly in-hand.
The hall light hasn't come back on. It looks like a standing light is lit, however -- though it's not standing anymore.
>>
No. 166532 ID: 3416ec

>>166530

Pick up light.

Wave it around maniacally.
>>
No. 166534 ID: 1ac39d

fuck! retreat they have gotten smart!
>>
No. 166535 ID: 7524b0

>>166530
Tell him to go back into the room. The last time a friend of yours was stuck in the dark they turned into a monster.

Go take the lamp.
>>
No. 166536 ID: 0b2a05

Wait till he does something, just follow his lead.
>>
No. 166537 ID: e31d52

>>166530
Ask pablo if the things avoid the light or if they are actually harmed by it.

Quickly.
>>
No. 166538 ID: 9d07d9

Get the fuck back in the room, the food can wait.

Pull Pablo back in if necessary.
>>
No. 166539 ID: 7524b0

>>166536
Oh, that. He has experience, let him decide what to do.
>>
No. 166541 ID: d6fef9

>>166530
It would be nice to grab that flashlight, but I can only imagine something grabbing you if you tried. I'd say duck back into the closet for now, wait for the lights to come on proper.
>>
No. 166544 ID: d6cb21

>>166537
THis.

Also, if the light source is at all portable, then I suggest that Nan hold the light and pablo holds the axe.
>>
No. 166557 ID: 283408

>>166530
Oh why didn't you smash the clock? WHY!!!?

Anyway, see if the light source is portable.
>>
No. 166558 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165097399.gif - (23.97KB , 701x683 , 158.gif )
166558

Nan quickly asks Pablo if the things are injured by the light, or if they just avoid it.
He says as far as he knows they just avoid it, and if they stay...

...but Pablo doesn't finish his sentence.

[animated]
>>
No. 166560 ID: fddd61

>>166558
Uh oh, what caught his eye?
>>
No. 166561 ID: 7524b0

>>166558
Spin around, and ready the axe.
>>
No. 166562 ID: 7524b0

Do be careful not to hit Pablo with the backswing.
>>
No. 166564 ID: d6fef9

>>166558
BACK IN THE CLOSET
>>
No. 166565 ID: 3416ec

>>166558

What, Pablo? WHAT?!

WHAT IS IT?!!?1
>>
No. 166566 ID: d97d76

>>166558
AXE AT THE READY, BRACE FOR IMPACT
>>
No. 166567 ID: 34470e

>>166558
Don't turn around. Both of you. Back in the door. NOW!
>>
No. 166569 ID: d6cb21

>>166558
Be ready to dodge incoming monster.
>>
No. 166572 ID: 3297aa

EVERYONE BACK IN THE ROOM NOW GO GO GO!
>>
No. 166574 ID: 2e743c

Roll forward, grab flashlight.
>>
No. 166575 ID: 283408

>>166558
Oh why didn't you smash the clock?

See what he's looking at.
>>
No. 166576 ID: 1ac39d

don't look just move.
>>
No. 166589 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165196846.gif - (13.75KB , 701x683 , 159.gif )
166589

Nan spins around, her axe at the ready, and instinctively sidesteps.

At the end of the hall, a slouched figure rests motionless against the wall.
>>
No. 166590 ID: e31d52

>>166589
something tells me this is a distraction BECAUSE THE DARKNESS IS RIGHT FUCKING BEHIND YOU.
>>
No. 166591 ID: fddd61

>>166589
Ask Pablo if he knows what's going on before doing anything, he's been here longer than us and this scenario or that person may be familiar to him.
>>
No. 166596 ID: 34470e

>>166589
WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GO BACK INTO THE DOOR NOW!
>>
No. 166598 ID: 9d07d9

... you're (relatively) safe inside the light, right?

You and Henry should grab Henry's body and take it back to the room to investigate.

Or flip the fuck out first, if that's what you feel like doing.
>>
No. 166599 ID: 3441fa

>>166589
Give Pablo the ax, tell him to keep watch. Go check the body.
>>
No. 166601 ID: 6547ec

Isn't that the goat chap from last time? Maybe pull him into the room as you get out of the hallway, if you do so?
>>
No. 166603 ID: 3416ec

Facing the light, slowly back towards the body.
>>
No. 166610 ID: 3297aa

Approach cautiously and DON'T turn you back towards the potential decoy. Have Pablo watch your back and be ready to run back into the room.
>>
No. 166611 ID: 7524b0

"If they stay in the light... they revert back to the people they were before?"
>>
No. 166612 ID: d6cb21

Grab the body and drag it into the room ASAP
>>
No. 166615 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165285042.gif - (12.23KB , 701x683 , 160.gif )
166615

Nan asks Pablo if he knows what's going on. Pablo quickly answers no. He says he doesn't recognize the man at the end of the hall.

He asks Nan what they should do -- if they're going to get him or leave him, and who should do what.
>>
No. 166616 ID: 34470e

>>166615
Leave him! GET IN THE ROOM ALREADY!
>>
No. 166617 ID: e31d52

>>166615
Pablo is stronger: He should move the body. Nan, STAND UP THE FUCKING LAMP.
>>
No. 166618 ID: fddd61

>>166615
Nan and Pablo hold hands, Nan watches behind them while Pablo leads them both to the janitor's closet.
>>
No. 166619 ID: 3416ec

>>166615

NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND.

Drag him into the room. Continue sneaking mission.
>>
No. 166620 ID: 701a19

>>166615
Have Pablo open and guard the door while Nan grabs Henry and drags him back into the room with her.
Nan, grab him by the foot. If it's a trap, that gives you the most distance to react.
>>
No. 166621 ID: 0b2a05

Poke him with the axe. If he doesn't move, try pulling him.
>>
No. 166622 ID: 8ce2bf

>>166615
Definitely have Pablo get Henry while you cover him with the axe, and open the door for him.
>>
No. 166623 ID: d97d76

>>166615
Well if you just leave him there he's either going to be dragged off to a horrible death or wait until you turn your back and drag YOU to a horrible death. See if you can provoke a response by calling out, but don't be too loud.

If that fails, you've got the axe; approach and give it a poke, preparing to do something far less gentle with said axe if things go south.
>>
No. 166625 ID: d97d76

>>166623
addendum: Pablo keeps watch on the REST of the hallway instead of staring like an idiot at the body
>>
No. 166630 ID: 283408

>>166615
Go get him. Just make sure you smash that blasted clock at some point. I'm telling you it's the artifact that's behind all of this shit.
>>
No. 166631 ID: 476456

BOTH OF YOU GO
>>
No. 166632 ID: 7524b0

Tell Pablo to tell you if something sneaks up, then go check on Henry.
>>
No. 166636 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165387944.gif - (15.22KB , 701x683 , 161.gif )
166636

Nan tells Pablo to keep watch at the edge of the light. She keeps the axe and approaches the slumped figure slowly.

She calls out, but there's no response.
>>
No. 166638 ID: 1a29f8

Oh shit guys.

The lamp disappeared, but it's light is still there! WHAT THE FFFFFF-
>>
No. 166640 ID: 3441fa

>>166636
Okay, now grab his foot and shake a bit. See if he's okay.
>>
No. 166641 ID: 3416ec

>>166636

Tap the body with your foot, Nan!
>>
No. 166642 ID: 7524b0

>>166636
Keep your shadow off of him. Nudge his foot.
>>
No. 166643 ID: d6cb21

>>166638
Thats not the light that Nan is carrying, its the fire axe.
>>
No. 166646 ID: 283408

>>166636
Grab his foot and drag him with you.
>>
No. 166653 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165466935.gif - (32.73KB , 701x683 , 162.gif )
166653

Nan nudges the fallen figure on the ground, hoping for a response. He groans slightly.
Nan nudges again...

[animated]
>>
No. 166656 ID: 3416ec

FFFFUUUUCCCCKKKKKK.

SPIN AROUND WITH AXE READY.
>>
No. 166658 ID: 7524b0

>>166653
Shove him into the light, quick! Then go assist Pablo.
>>
No. 166660 ID: 701a19

>>166653
DID WE SAY "NUDGE"? NO, WE SAID DRAG HIS ASS BACK TO THE ROOM. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
GRAB HIM, THEN TURN AROUND AND SEE WHAT YOUR TIME WASTING SHENANIGANS HAVE DONE TO PABLO WHILE YOU BRING HENRY BACK TO SAFETY.
>>
No. 166666 ID: 34470e

>>166653
THIS IS WHY I SAID GET THE FUCK BACK IN THE DOOR! NOW WE GET BAD END!
>>
No. 166668 ID: f98e0b

we're all dead aaaah
>>
No. 166671 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165561712.gif - (4.63KB , 701x683 , 163.gif )
166671

Nan grabs the man's feet and quickly turns around.
A tall, dark figure is standing just in front of the light. Vaguely silhouetted, Nan can't quite make it out.

Pablo shouts angrily. He tells Nan to hurry and get the man into the room. He'll hold this thing off.
He yells at the figure. He tells it to stay away.
Pablo says he is not afraid to die anymore.
>>
No. 166672 ID: 7524b0

>>166671
Get the axe to Pablo!
>>
No. 166673 ID: fddd61

>>166671
Better listen to him, get the dead weight into the room first THEN see if we can help.
>>
No. 166674 ID: 3416ec

>>166671

NOOOOOOO PABLO DON'T BE A HERO
>>
No. 166675 ID: d6fef9

>>166671
So Nan... ever throw an axe before? If you can nail the thing or just distract it long enough, it may let all of you escape.
>>
No. 166676 ID: 701a19

>>166671
Shove Henry into the room, then yank Pablo in behind you. Nobody gets left behind.
>>
No. 166678 ID: d97d76

WE'RE NOT LETTING PABLO DIE THIS EARLY GODDAMMIT

CHARGE THAT FUCKER
>>
No. 166679 ID: 34470e

>>166671
GET INTO THE DOOR YOU SILLY GOOSE!
>>
No. 166680 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165603215.gif - (6.42KB , 701x683 , 164.gif )
166680

Nan hurries to the door, wanting to drop the unconscious figure off to safety first.
But just when a confrontation seems unavoidable, the tall figure steps out of the light, disappearing back into the darkness beyond.
>>
No. 166682 ID: 3416ec

Nan, after you stow the Henry-like body in the room you GRAB PABLO AND YANK HIM INTO THE ROOM.
>>
No. 166684 ID: 3416ec

>>166682

Uh... nevermind.

Well, see if the Henry-shaped person is okay.
>>
No. 166686 ID: 701a19

>>166680
Good! Still, scrub the mission and regroup. It's too dangerous to make a food run right now.
>>
No. 166689 ID: 3297aa

Get everyone inside before more freaky shit happens.
>>
No. 166699 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165678613.gif - (12.12KB , 701x683 , 165.gif )
166699

Nan yells at a stunned Pablo to get inside, and he quickly follows her with the figure, slamming the door and bolting it fast.

Nan and Pablo help the unconscious man onto the bed.

Nan confirms what she's suspected: the man is Henry. He's still alive, and doesn't beat any visible wounds as far as she can tell.

Pablo continues watching the door.
>>
No. 166700 ID: 701a19

>>166699
Ask the question about monsters and lights again.
>>
No. 166701 ID: 05325a

I'd feel better if that mousehole was blocked up.
>>
No. 166703 ID: 3416ec

>>166699

Give Henry the kiss of life, Nan~
>>
No. 166704 ID: 476456

start feeling up both of the- I mean check them for injuries.
>>
No. 166712 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165731025.gif - (10.28KB , 701x683 , 166.gif )
166712

Nan makes sure Henry is breathing all right, then turns to Pablo and, scared by recent events, demands to know more about the monsters and the lights.

Pablo's voice is very quiet. He says he doesn't know why they are still alive.
Nan asks again, if it's true that those things don't enter the light.
Pablo says that thing was not like the others.

He says that was the Padre.
And he's never seen the Padre just... leave.
>>
No. 166713 ID: 6cd631

Nudge him and speak to him a little, let him sleep if he doesn't wake. Maybe look under his shirt, he could be bruised or something.
>>
No. 166715 ID: 9d07d9

Perhaps it doesn't like being outnumbered.
>>
No. 166716 ID: 476456

ask how long he's been here.
>>
No. 166719 ID: 8b7db1

>>166712
Ooooh, 'Padre'. THAT'S a name you can wrap your mind around. Ask about him, and ask if any other monsters have names.
>>
No. 166721 ID: 476456

I MEAN WHAT YEAR
>>
No. 166722 ID: d97d76

>>166716
Continue suffering from short-term memory loss. Wonder what you had for breakfast today.
>>
No. 166723 ID: d86d2c

How does he know the Padre's name?

What's with Henry's eyes?

Check behind the picture frame. Check the mirror and give us a sweep of the bathroom.
>>
No. 166724 ID: 3297aa

Ask more about the Padre.
>>
No. 166730 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165819711.gif - (7.98KB , 701x683 , 167.gif )
166730

Nan asks about Pablo, wanting to take the opportunity to learn what she can. Pablo says he was told to come in as the janitor here -- thus, why he has the key to the closet. But he didn't even get to meet the manager before he found himself trapped here, just like Nan.

Nan asks about the Padre, how he knows its name.
Pablo says that thing may not have a name. It's some... thing that's dressed up like a Padre, so that's what he calls it. And it's not usually the type to leave.
He says in his time here he's also seen a few other beings that stood out from uninvited husks, those knotted masses of blackened flesh. He picked up the names from Alan, another he found trapped here, who had been here far longer.
There's something... a man in a black robe. Alan called it the Pilgrim. And something he always called the Beast -- but Pablo says he never saw it.
>>
No. 166732 ID: 476456

see if you can macguyver together a torch out of stuff in the room, you can ignite it with the electrical socket and some poor choices.
>>
No. 166734 ID: 0b2a05

Ask him if he's tried to break windows and stuff.
>>
No. 166735 ID: 7524b0

>>166730
Show him the cross pendant you have, and the clock.
>>
No. 166736 ID: 9d07d9

What happened to Alan?
>>
No. 166737 ID: 3416ec

>>166730

Sad Nan is sad.

Do we have enough capacitors and copper wire to fashion a shake-to-light flashlight?
>>
No. 166740 ID: 3297aa

Show him the pendant, clock, and any other macguffins you have that I may have forgotten, and ask him about them. Also, ask about Alan.
>>
No. 166741 ID: d86d2c

What has Pablo got stored up in all those drawers and cabinets? Is there anything useful in the bathroom?
>>
No. 166744 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165879080.gif - (11.39KB , 701x683 , 168.gif )
166744

Nan asks what happened to Alan. Pablo gets very quiet and says the Pilgrim carved him apart.

Nan ponders quietly a moment and shows Pablo the cross-shaped pendant and alarm clock, but they mean nothing to Pablo.

Finally, she asks if he's tried breaking a window to escape.
He says yes, the first thing everyone tries is to go out the doors and windows. But they'll always just end up back in the hotel. The only windows that lead anywhere are the ones that open to the courtyard, and Alan said that's where the Beast sleeps.
>>
No. 166745 ID: 0b2a05

Ask if he knows if there's a way out from the courtyard.
>>
No. 166746 ID: 476456

sounds like fighting your way in has a higher chance of escape than fighting your way out
>>
No. 166748 ID: 3dde9c

Explain what brought you in. Electrician for fixing socket. Etc. Etc. Wasn't there a wire going into the janitor's closet you wanted to investigate? Once we figure out a way to keep some light around, we'll be able to check it out, provided Pablo doesn't disappear.
>>
No. 166750 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165895317.gif - (11.53KB , 701x683 , 169.gif )
166750

Something rattles behind the dresser.
>>
No. 166751 ID: 9d07d9

Grab axe, retreat with Pablo to other side of room
>>
No. 166752 ID: 7524b0

>>166750
Put away the stuff. Hand the axe to Pablo.
>>
No. 166753 ID: 476456

maaaybe move away from it and wait to see what it is.
>>
No. 166754 ID: fddd61

>>166750
Is it that damn rat again?
>>
No. 166756 ID: e3f578

That's a big hole.
>>
No. 166758 ID: f44349

>>166750
Push the dresser back against the hole!
Grab the axe!
Try not to panic too much!
Hope the rat from earlier isn't actually a monster or something!
>>
No. 166760 ID: d86d2c

Grab Henry and have Pablo get the fuck away, hand him the axe and be ready to wham that motherfucker if something's growing out of the wall.
>>
No. 166768 ID: 7c3a81
File 127165946540.gif - (11.42KB , 701x683 , 170.gif )
166768

Nan and Pablo back away to the opposite side of the room, and Pablo scoops up the axe, holding it at the ready.

The faint, almost metallic clattering noise continues, intermittently. It doesn't seem to be growing louder.
>>
No. 166770 ID: 476456

Make casual conversation.

"so you ever tried killing one of these things?"
>>
No. 166771 ID: 3416ec

Carefully pull the dresser out just enough to see if you can spy whats going on in the hole.
>>
No. 166781 ID: 0b2a05

Pablo has the axe, motion him to check it out while you prepare to slam the dresser back against the wall.
>>
No. 166783 ID: 9d07d9

"Has this ever happened before?"
>>
No. 166786 ID: 7c3a81
File 127166001063.gif - (9.19KB , 701x683 , 171.gif )
166786

Nan asks if Pablo has ever tried killing these things.
He says yes. It seems the uninvited things can die, just like anyone. But he's not sure about the others -- the Padre, the Pilgrim...

He slowly, cautiously approaches behind the dresser.

There is a rat in the hole, again.
...and something else.
>>
No. 166788 ID: 7c3a81
File 127166011196.gif - (6.55KB , 701x683 , 172.gif )
166788

The rat quickly scurries away into the darkness, knocking something clattering onto the floor of Room 117.

Pablo picks up the CANNED BEANS.
>>
No. 166789 ID: fddd61

>>166788
Looks like you've got a new friend~
>>
No. 166791 ID: 3416ec

The Rat is our ally! He brings us sustenance!

Tell Pablo he can help himself to the beans of he likes.
>>
No. 166792 ID: 3416ec

>>166791

*if he likes.
>>
No. 166794 ID: 7524b0

The rats. The rats in the walls...

Are our friends?!

So anyway I guess we should leave crumbs out for them or something.
>>
No. 166795 ID: 3297aa

That's a relief. Not EVERYTHING here is trying to kill us.
>>
No. 166796 ID: 6cd631

Ponder aloud if it were coincidence, somebody used the rat to help you, or the rat itself is helping you guys.
>>
No. 166797 ID: 701a19

Ok, now you have food.
Start examining Henry for injuries, and see if you can wake him up.
>>
No. 166803 ID: ba7c76

>>166788
Try to lure rat out and befriend. Could come in handy - maybe could crawl into holes and get shit.
>>
No. 166806 ID: a7a85a

Awesome rat. Yes, let's feed it. I encourage this symbiotic relationship.
>>
No. 166817 ID: ed0940

Thank rat somehow, possibly with some nibble of food.

Explore the bathroom all badass like.

Discuss any plans of escape with Pablo. Remember you have a book of matches to fight the darkness.
>>
No. 166884 ID: 6a5a08

Do not go near the bathroom mirror. Remember what happened?

Lights Out.
Henry Monster.
Henry is in room now.
Lights are on.
We are safe.
Bad Idea = Messing with the mirror.

Also, perhaps the Padre left you alone because you showed true courage while defending Nan and Henry. Perhaps the Padre feeds on your fear.

Maybe Henry was trying to find Nan, used the lamp to see, but the Padre attacked him, he freaked out and dropped it, and then you came out.
>>
No. 166917 ID: 401d19

Maybe that cross pendant warded the Padre away? Anyway in this brief respite you should do two important things.

1: Describe the shadow that chased you before, maybe it's one of the 'others' and Pablo knows details about it? If not, it's best to warn him of its existence.
2: More importantly, ask if Pablo's had any weird 'visions' or 'fantasy scenes' like ours when we woke up in bed with Henry. We need to know if this comes with the hotel or if there's a special factor at work.

Also while you shouldn't distrust him, Henry didn't seem to be a victim of the hotel the way you and Pablo are. Between that and the issue with his mirror image, there might be more going on with him than meets the eye. Even if he doesn't realize it himself. If nothing else keep him away from mirrors for everyone's sake.
>>
No. 166929 ID: e3f578

Use STRONG GOAT TEETH or HORNS OF THE GOAT as a makeshift can opener if you do not have one. Goats love cans.
>>
No. 166941 ID: 2eac65

I'm feeling a bit suspicious of that can of beans. Better check it for openings or other signs of tampering.

Ask him what happens when they enter the light. He was telling us earlier, but he got interrupted.
>>
No. 166942 ID: 19ecf1

>>166788
ya know... there's something about henry...
As if this place is trying to make you establish him as a friend... and he turns out to be a sick bastard.
Watch your back.

Anyway, getting that torch woulda been a great way of staving off the beasts temporarily... (as well as being able to see)
>>
No. 167070 ID: 654cb2
File 127172538490.gif - (9.13KB , 701x683 , yjghfghjjk.gif )
167070

"Thukk"
>>
No. 167085 ID: 3416ec

>>167070

D:<

Save it for the fanart thread, plz.
>>
No. 167222 ID: ed0940

>>167070

Maybe we should rethink about opening that can. D':
>>
No. 168926 ID: d6d1ff

Shake the can to see if it sounds like it has beans inside and not something else.
>>
No. 170064 ID: 6721c0

First thing first: Nan, thank Pablo for helping you get Henry into the room. That was really brave.

Allying with the rat is also a good idea, although we don't really have a food offering to give to it. Once we open the can, we should give some of the beans to the rat. I think Pablo was hungry for the rest.

Do we have some way of opening the can?
>>
No. 170065 ID: 6a5a08

A fire axe is a way of opening a can.
>>
No. 170713 ID: ddaa88

>>167222
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
>>
No. 170717 ID: 7524b0

Stop bumping the thread already guys.
>>
No. 170982 ID: 548bb0
File 127240246312.gif - (11.64KB , 701x683 , 173.gif )
170982

Nan thanks Pablo for helping her out there. It was very brave. Pablo is modest over his involvement. It was mostly her doing.

Nan gives Henry a brief look over, but he has no visible wounds she can discern.

Pablo seems to be having trouble getting the can open. He mentions that the can-opener is in the Janitor's closet. Still.
>>
No. 170984 ID: 9ded94

You're not hungry, though?

No need to open them yet and let them spoil. Wait till you actually need 'em.
>>
No. 170986 ID: f62f0b

No real point screwing with it if you can't get to the can opener. Might want to ask about any long term plans he has about escaping, or if he's resigned himself to staying here.
>>
No. 170988 ID: 24aa45

>>170982
well... the idea is to get the can opener as a short term goal so we can eat beans later...

When is a pocket knife when you need it... what kind of electrician doesn't carry a multi-tool?
>>
No. 170992 ID: 548bb0
File 127240292999.gif - (10.66KB , 701x683 , 174.gif )
170992

Nan doesn't have her usual tools. They were lost along with her flashlight when she re-entered the hotel.

Nan's not particularly hungry, but Pablo says he is. He hasn't eaten in two days or more, by his count, though again he admits he has a poor grasp of how time passes here.

On that note, Nan asks if Pablo has any plans for escape. He says he's given it some thought but has been busy enough just trying to stay alive that he doesn't have a plan yet. All he knows is the front door is out of the question.
>>
No. 170994 ID: ed783a

use axe on can. waste contents anyway.

a mice got us that. if that is not called plot device, i dont know what to call it.
>>
No. 170995 ID: 9ded94

Pablo: Glance at Henry with a hungry eye... then shake your head and try to use his horns as a can opener.
>>
No. 170996 ID: 86bece

>>170992
Axe the can a question. Then axe the alarm clock a couple of questions as well.
>>
No. 170997 ID: 3b6c92

>>170996
YES EXACTLY
>>
No. 171000 ID: 548bb0
File 127240351351.gif - (10.77KB , 701x683 , 175.gif )
171000

Nan offers to use the axe but Pablo is reluctant. He says it will get beans everywhere.

After a moment he says if she's going to do that, at least do it over the sink, so they don't lose more food than necessary. Every bean counts!
>>
No. 171002 ID: 86bece

>>171000
Use the spiky thing on the head of the axe to punch through the lid and then try to make several close punctures to create an opening for the beans.

Then apply the axe to the clock. The damn thing is behind all of this.
>>
No. 171005 ID: 30fa59

Stab the spike of the axe head into the top of the beans, then pry the top open sideways.
>>
No. 171007 ID: ed783a

i have to axe a question about the can, it has a label? maybe the manufacture date? does it makes a sound when you shake it? does it looks bloated?
>>
No. 171009 ID: 8ce2bf

>>171000
Be careful and try making some contiguous holes in the can with the back spike of the axe.
>>
No. 171010 ID: b1e7cb

>>170992
If the only 'outside' location is the courtyard, then that's the most obvious place to go. Unfortunately, 'The Beast' is out there, and probably more than capable of murdering us.
In that case, maybe we'll be able to find something in the hotel that could kill/distract/lead away/protect us from The Beast. And failing that, we may be able to find some other way out in the attempt.

You know what that means, don't you?
ADVENTURER MODE ACTIVATED. ENGAGE IN RAMPANT KLEPTOMANIA. GRAB EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T NAILED DOWN.
>>
No. 171011 ID: 548bb0
File 127240398044.gif - (9.95KB , 701x683 , 176.gif )
171011

Nan brings the can to the sink so she'll have a working surface, then cleverly punctures a hole in the lid with the spike.
It smells like beans. She pries open the lid and it looks like beans too.
>>
No. 171014 ID: 86bece

>>171011
Lick one to determine if there is anything odd going on. If nothing odd then give the can to Pablo.

Then smash clock with your axe.
>>
No. 171016 ID: 8ef217

Yay beans. Now have our friend test one, just in case.
>>
No. 171019 ID: 8ce2bf

>>171011
Make sure to check thoroughly to make sure there's no screw in the beans. You don't want Pablo to dig in and have a horrible accident! Maybe while Pablo is eating you can violate Henry's privacy more and see if he has anything in his pockets. Maybe he has some more cans of food or something stowed away in his underwear even!
>>
No. 171021 ID: 548bb0
File 127240427076.gif - (11.71KB , 701x683 , 177.gif )
171021

Nan tastes one of the beans. They taste fine, even though they're cold and mostly flavorless.

Nan hands the open can over to Pablo, who is grateful, then places the clock on the ground.

It's time to take action.
>>
No. 171023 ID: 8ce2bf

>>171021
Maybe you should inform Pablo about what you're going to do before he freaks the fuck out at you raising the axe above your head right next to him.
>>
No. 171024 ID: 86bece

>>171021
Smash that fucker with your axe. Do it now before it summons up some dread abomination to defend it.
>>
No. 171026 ID: e31d52

>>171021
open it carefully.
>>
No. 171029 ID: 30fa59

>>171021
Stab into it with the axe spike. No need to make a huge mess and damage the ground with a wild swing.
>>
No. 171030 ID: 548bb0
File 127240460629.gif - (8.04KB , 701x683 , 178.gif )
171030

Nan swings and smashes open the alarm clock!
>>
No. 171033 ID: 548bb0
File 127240468759.gif - (1.65KB , 701x683 , 179.gif )
171033

And then, there is only darkness.
And silence.
>>
No. 171034 ID: 86bece

>>171030
Brace for impact. Some weird shit is either going to happen now or it's going to be totally anticlimatic.
>>
No. 171035 ID: b1e7cb

>>171033
WE'VE BROKEN TIME
>>
No. 171036 ID: 3b6c92

>>171033
Ask if Pablo is still there.

Otherwise it's fumble-around-in-the-dark time.
>>
No. 171037 ID: 9ded94

Panic. Rush over to Bablo and hug him. Then both of you go to Henry and make sure he's still there.

Also, flashlight!
>>
No. 171040 ID: 86bece

>>171033
Hmm, interesting. Reach out for Pablo and go over to Henry.

Wait around for a bit to see what will happen. If nothing happens then sneak over to the door and open a crack to peek out.
>>
No. 171042 ID: 548bb0
File 127240496329.gif - (5.93KB , 701x683 , 180.gif )
171042

Nan calls out for Pablo, but there is no answer. Her voice echoes around her.

Something begins to gleam before her in the darkness.
>>
No. 171043 ID: b1e7cb

>>171042
If we had waited two hours to do this that would be really freaky.
>>
No. 171044 ID: 86bece

>>171042
Told you the clock was fucking evil. Get a firmer grip on your axe and get ready to fight off the demon hordes of hell. Those fucking pussy demons are about to get their shit fucked up if they dare to show themselves. Because you motherfucking Nan the repairgoat, and you're not about to take shit from any fucking demon wankers.
>>
No. 171046 ID: 548bb0
File 127240535493.gif - (6.19KB , 701x683 , 181.gif )
171046

Nan feels she's in a haze.
The lights begin to dim unevenly, as though something were moving across it.
>>
No. 171047 ID: ba125d

Inventory check.
>>
No. 171048 ID: 62561d

>>171044

No swinging wildly in the dark, we don't want to accidentally hit Pablo or Henry.
>>
No. 171049 ID: 86bece

>>171046
Probably going to form a weird ass message and shit. Get your axe ready for anything. But remember, to the others you might still just be standing there, and nothing happened for them. So waving around the axe at random might freak them the fuck out.
>>
No. 171053 ID: ba125d

Whatever it is, it has a strange outline.
>>
No. 171062 ID: 548bb0
File 12724071581.gif - (1.65KB , 701x683 , 182.gif )
171062

The shadow grows dense, and the lights go out.
>>
No. 171063 ID: 548bb0
File 127240724611.gif - (16.38KB , 701x683 , 183.gif )
171063

The light returns in an instant, a harsh, dusky orange glare, and Nan suddenly finds herself someplace new.

A fire is roaring in the corner, burning up spilled alcohol and wooden chairs piled there. The blaze is spreading, and filling the air with thick black smoke!
>>
No. 171065 ID: 88fc9a

>>171063
Turn around, kick chair away from doorhandles and go medieval on the planks.
>>
No. 171067 ID: 86bece

>>171063
Well you have a door named exit behind you and a conveniant fire axe. So don't use that damn door. Look around for any other way to exit this place except for that specific door.
>>
No. 171068 ID: ba125d

Looks to be a funeral pyre, but not for us. There appears to be a fire extinguisher behind you.
>>
No. 171069 ID: 476456

Use the fire extinguisher! wait no dont use the fire extinguisher...wait!..oh shit we're in a bind here
>>
No. 171070 ID: ba125d

Is there anything behind the bar?
>>
No. 171071 ID: b1e7cb

>>171063
Okay, quick. Place shirt over mouth to help filter smoke. Take note of available exits.
There is a fire extinguisher directly behind you. Attempt to contain and isolate the fire.
>>
No. 171072 ID: 8ce2bf

>>171063
Break off a leg of the chair and light it on fire, and try to extinguish the rest.
>>
No. 171073 ID: 548bb0
File 12724079277.gif - (15.87KB , 701x683 , 184.gif )
171073

This appears to be some sort of lounge, judging by the stacked chairs and tables, as well as the glasses and drinks by the bar, and the thick cloth napkins on the countertop.

The smoke is getting thicker and Nan coughs as she shoves aside the broken chair from the double doors.

Nan can't use her shirt as a filter, as it's fastened into her overalls!
>>
No. 171074 ID: 8ce2bf

>>171073
Well I guess you're going to have to take your overalls off! Also stay low to the ground to avoid inhaling smoke as much as you can.
>>
No. 171075 ID: 9ded94

Wait, when did you start wearing overalls again?

...No time to think about this. Pick up the extinguisher, and use it!
>>
No. 171077 ID: ba125d

>>171074
It'll protect us from the smoke, but won't it rob us of some leverage if we try to take a whack at the door?
>>
No. 171078 ID: f44349

>>171073
You know, I can't help but think that that door is barricaded for a REASON lets uh... Lets try the fire extinguisher first.
>>
No. 171081 ID: 88fc9a

>>171078
Psst. Fire makes smoke, sure, but it also makes light.
Now what happens if we're caught in the dark? D:
>>
No. 171082 ID: 86bece

>>171073
Don't open that door. You're so going to regret it a few seconds after you open it.

Try the fire extinguisher instead and see if you can spot any alternate exits.
>>
No. 171083 ID: b7aca4

>>171073
Overalls? Wait, what?

We need to get out. Even if we put out the fire, the smoke will still smother us. Hack away at the boards blocking the door!

Yell, "Is anyone else in here?"
>>
No. 171086 ID: 8ce2bf

>>171081
Hence why I suggested we get a makeshift torch if we're going to extinguish the fire.
>>
No. 171088 ID: 548bb0
File 127240952631.gif - (32.02KB , 701x683 , 185.gif )
171088

Nan grabs the fire extinguisher, but she can't quite pull it free! It must be tethered!

[animated]
>>
No. 171090 ID: 407b5b

>>171088
FUUUU, take a flaming piece of wood and shank it!
>>
No. 171091 ID: 0fc814

I've seen tethers and I've seen monsters and that is definitely a monster.
>>
No. 171094 ID: b7aca4

>>171088
Use two hands to pull it out. Remember, the shadows can't stand being in the light!
>>
No. 171095 ID: 9d07d9

USE AXE ON STRANGE THING OH GOD
>>
No. 171097 ID: ba125d

Keep your head on, Nan. We need that fire extinguisher. Give it the business end of your axe.
>>
No. 171098 ID: eb6d46

daaaaaw, it's adawable! give it a hug!
>>
No. 171099 ID: 12b099

USE AX ON SKULL! HOPE TO GOTTE IT'S NOT HENRY!
>>
No. 171100 ID: d97d76

>>171088
RAM THE EXTINGUISHER BACK INTO ITS ALCOVE AS HARD AS YOU CAN.
>>
No. 171105 ID: ba125d

Spray the monster's face with the extinguisher, and while it's blinded axe its face in?
>>
No. 171111 ID: 548bb0
File 127241083632.gif - (17.57KB , 701x683 , 186.gif )
171111

Startled, Nan lashes out with the axe, hacking the blade into the blackened hand grasping the extinguisher. She severs two fingers, but also ruptures the extinguisher, and the force of the sudden decompression expels massive amounts of the smothering contents and knocks Nan backwards. She staggers and leans against the countertop for support, scattering cloth napkins.

The fire continues to rage, and the smoke is growing thicker. Nan is coughing badly.
>>
No. 171112 ID: b7aca4

>>171111
Alright, enough playtime. We need to get out of the room NOW. Apply axe to boards in a violent manner.
>>
No. 171114 ID: c67320

Well, knock the fire extinguisher into the fire. Might as well!
>>
No. 171115 ID: ba125d

Try axing open some holes in the door for air?
>>
No. 171116 ID: 2922d1

1. Grab axe.
2. Apply axe to boarded up door.
3. ???
4. Profit!
>>
No. 171119 ID: 445c48

Feel the door with the back of your hand first, to make sure it isn't warm. Try to keep low, also.
>>
No. 171128 ID: d6cb21

>>171111
Seeing as how the door ism the only visible exit, lets chop that thing open. Its now like we have the time to look around.
>>
No. 171129 ID: 548bb0
File 127241335997.gif - (15.78KB , 701x683 , 187.gif )
171129

Nan turns her attention back to the door, but she can barely see -- let alone breathe -- with all the smoke in the air!

She manages to get only one board off before another coughing fit seizes her. She may not have the strength to get out at this rate!
>>
No. 171130 ID: d6cb21

>>171129
Try to keep lower to the ground. That way you have more air.
>>
No. 171134 ID: 701a19

>>171129
Check to see if the door opens OUTWARD, and if it does then flee the room.
If not, then stay low to the ground to avoid the smoke. Wedge the axe blade in between the door and the board near the nails, then use the handle as leverage to pry the board off. Much faster, much less effort required.
>>
No. 171135 ID: ba125d

There seems to be something strange about that board. Give the knobs a jiggle.
>>
No. 171136 ID: b7aca4

Get down on the ground - there is more oxygen left the lower you are.

Focus on wedging and prying the last board rather than hacking. You don't want to accidentally hit yourself on the head with the axe, after all.
>>
No. 171137 ID: d97d76

Grab one of the cloth napkins and cover your mouth with it before continuing.
>>
No. 171141 ID: 548bb0
File 127241407790.gif - (15.81KB , 701x683 , 188.gif )
171141

Nan wraps a cloth napkin over her mouth to filter the smoke and keeps low, and lacking the room to swing instead pries the old, damaged board off the door.
Success! The barricade is broken!
>>
No. 171143 ID: d6cb21

>>171141
DYNAMIC EXIT
>>
No. 171146 ID: f44349

>>171141
Exit the FUCK out of this room and also brace yourself for something shocking in the next one.
>>
No. 171152 ID: b7aca4

>>171141
Exit, Stage Right in Front of You.
>>
No. 171156 ID: 548bb0
File 127241466973.gif - (14.97KB , 701x683 , 189.gif )
171156

Nan opens the doors.
>>
No. 171158 ID: 1963d1

>>171156
OH GOD NO
I REMEMBER THIS
>>
No. 171159 ID: f44349

>>171156
OH SWEET JESUS FUCK BEHIND YOU
>>
No. 171160 ID: 0fc814

Exit first, existential freakout second.
>>
No. 171161 ID: 1ac39d

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
No. 171162 ID: 7524b0

>>171156
AAAAAAAAAAA

Shut the door and dodge the monster behind you!
>>
No. 171163 ID: c50a92

>>171156

SHIT, BEHIND YOU:
>>153860
>>
No. 171164 ID: b7aca4

>>171156
Jump through the door! Now!
Tell Nan to shut the door! After jumping through, of course.
>>
No. 171165 ID: 0fc814

Dive through before you can slam the door in your own face and also before the monster gets you.
...
After that doesn't work, try to axe the monster.
>>
No. 171168 ID: ba125d

You may want to check behind you for a huge monster.
>>
No. 171173 ID: d6cb21

>>171156
JUMP THROUGH THE DOOR A MONSTER IS BEHIND YOU

DONT LOOK, JUST DO IT
>>
No. 171175 ID: 548bb0
File 127241560476.gif - (15.03KB , 701x683 , 190.gif )
171175

The door is slammed shut on Nan's face just as she realizes her situation. She wheels around, axe readied, but whoever -- or whatever -- stands behind her grabs the handle firmly.

It stands before her, so close she can feel its ragged, uneven breath. But in the dense smoke, it's hard to make out the figure exactly.

It says nothing. It merely raises a clawed hand.
>>
No. 171177 ID: b7aca4

>>171175
Wave... back? And test the door behind you.
>>
No. 171178 ID: 1963d1

>>171175
DODGE
DUCK
DIP
DIVE
DODGE
>>
No. 171179 ID: 701a19

>>171175
Dodge to the side. The monster went through the door to chase you in the past, which means it's going to do that now.
Just GTFO of its way.
>>
No. 171180 ID: 8ce2bf

>>171175
Inform him that you don't know where his baseball went, you didn't see it land over here.
>>
No. 171181 ID: e3f578

"You wanna dance?"
>>
No. 171182 ID: 7524b0

>>171175
Ah crap, it's the Padre! Dodge left and pull the axe along with you. Try to wrench it away by twisting it around.
>>
No. 171189 ID: ddaa88

>>171181
we can leave your friends behind
>>
No. 171193 ID: a43754

>>171178
WHAT S/HE SAID
>>
No. 171194 ID: a56bd0

>>171175
Get out of the way... he's going to bust down the door.
>>
No. 171200 ID: 445c48

Get out of the way, and also start saying The Lord's Prayer
>>
No. 171209 ID: d6cb21

>>171175
Its about to wreck the door! Move it!
>>
No. 171222 ID: 548bb0
File 127242121186.gif - (12.90KB , 701x683 , 191.gif )
171222

Nan spins around, avoiding a swift raking claw from the horrible figure. But when she makes to wrench the axe away, the figure responds in kind and with surprising strength sends it clattering across the floor.

Apparently, it brought a weapon of its own.
>>
No. 171225 ID: 476456

HORNS, APPLY DIRECTLY TO FACE
>>
No. 171226 ID: 1ac39d

flee towards the fire!
>>
No. 171227 ID: 7524b0

>>171222
Get some fire! Grab a piece of burning furniture to use as a weapon.
>>
No. 171229 ID: a56bd0

>>171222
Wait, do we still have the strange necklace? I'll bet we now know who it belongs to.
>>
No. 171230 ID: 701a19

>>171222
Shout "GO AWAY! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS THEE!"
>>
No. 171236 ID: b7aca4

>>171222
Shine your flashlight into its face!
>>
No. 171237 ID: d97d76

Friggin' DUCK
>>
No. 171240 ID: e3f578

"I see you're light on your feet, but can you see the light on the fire... of my sweet moves?"
>>
No. 171242 ID: 1963d1

>>171230
>THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS THEE!
BUT HE'S A PRIEST
WHAT DO?
>>
No. 171244 ID: e3f578

>>171242
SATAN? Fuck I dunno. Quickly, distract him with a shota or something. Nan, point past him and scream "There's a little boy behind you."

I god I feel horrible for making that joke.
>>
No. 171245 ID: 24aa45

>>171222
It's the padre
this is most likely a face your fears moment

Get ANYTHING on fire, and proceed to burn him
Let's see if he can wrestle fire of him

Synopsis: Kill it with fire
>>
No. 171247 ID: 548bb0
File 127242332972.gif - (14.30KB , 701x683 , 192.gif )
171247

The next few seconds are a frantic, jumbled blur.
The figure swings, and Nan ducks narrowly. The fire poker splinters through the door and gets stuck, giving Nan an opening.
She charges into the preoccupied figure and with a desperate headbutt sends it staggering back.

It doesn't seem injured, but it's bought her a moment of precious time.
>>
No. 171249 ID: 476456

Retrieve axe while bent over, swing up on recovery,right for the balls
>>
No. 171250 ID: 7524b0

>>171247
Rush through the door!
>>
No. 171252 ID: ba125d

retrieve your axe and give the monster a good chopping
>>
No. 171253 ID: a85626

Yes! The door! Do it now!
>>
No. 171255 ID: d6cb21

>>171222
See if you cant find something on fire to hit him with.
>>
No. 171260 ID: a43754

Grab that axe and get your ass out that door!
>>
No. 171262 ID: e3f578

"Looks like its time to split."
>>
No. 171269 ID: 548bb0
File 127242484088.gif - (13.20KB , 701x683 , 193.gif )
171269

Nan grabs the axe and glances towards the figure, who has already recovered and is slowly approaching her again.

It's also on fire.
>>
No. 171270 ID: 1e1932

>>171269

"BRING IT ON MOTHERFUCKER!"

Charge towards it, axe at the ready.
>>
No. 171271 ID: 0e1a3c

>>171269
Of course it is.
>>
No. 171272 ID: 1963d1

>>171269
If fire can't kill it I don't think an axe will do much better.
Throw the axe as hard as you can, then turn and bolt out the door.
>>
No. 171276 ID: 24aa45

>>171269
now is a good time to get outta there. The door will open with a good axe blow...
>>
No. 171277 ID: ba125d

The axe is really all you needed out of this encounter. You need some form of protection. You should probably just run.
>>
No. 171278 ID: 6a5a08

Yell "I am not afraid!"

"You shall not pass!"

Then cut off its head and place the cross necklace on the dismembered head.
>>
No. 171279 ID: a43754

Now we've gone and pissed it off! Just run out the door already!
>>
No. 171280 ID: 548bb0
File 127242547682.gif - (9.62KB , 701x683 , 194.gif )
171280

Nan throws the axe at the figure in a last-ditch attempt to slow it down, but the gesture is hardly effective.

Given the thing's reaction to fire, Nan puts aside any thought of fighting it and bursts from the room, re-entering the HOTEL LOBBY. Black smoke pours from the doors.

Up ahead, she can just make out someone moving down the hall away from her.
>>
No. 171282 ID: 476456

Keep on running down the hall.

and girl you'd best not be throwing your axe into the air.
>>
No. 171283 ID: e3f578

She's on fire
And she burns through the night at the speed of light
She's on fire
With the heat of the beat right beneath her feet
She's on fire
And the name of the game is to fuel her flame
She's on fire...

>>
No. 171284 ID: ba125d

Give chase to the unknown figure!
>>
No. 171286 ID: d97d76

Best shut that door behind you if you can. We've already established that it tends to transcend the conventional flow of time and/or space.
>>
No. 171287 ID: 7524b0

>>171280
Chase yourself. Remember that the elevator opened before. Stop just before it and look at the picture where the stairs used to be. Possibly... take it off the wall?
>>
No. 171290 ID: 1963d1

This is quickly heading towards a TIME PARADOX
>>
No. 171294 ID: e3f578
File 127242612395.jpg - (24.20KB , 485x320 , MV5BMTAxNDMzMTE0NjJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU2MDU0MzA2Nw@@__.jpg )
171294

>>171290
Whatever you do you must not meet yourself in the past, it'll rock your universe into bits. Not like it already isn't.
>>
No. 171296 ID: 548bb0
File 127242661523.gif - (7.36KB , 701x683 , 195.gif )
171296

Nan hurries after the shambling figure ahead, but glancing into the elevator...

Someone's calling to Nan!
The voice says they thought they missed their chance, and to hurry up and get in the elevator, quick!
>>
No. 171297 ID: d6cb21

>>171296
Get in, its obviously us from the future come to save us from the now. Or something like that.
>>
No. 171298 ID: ba125d

You love elevators, Nan. Hop in.
>>
No. 171306 ID: 1ac39d

the first Nan ran past them to Pablo's room. so get in the elevator!!
>>
No. 171307 ID: 3297aa

Yeah, 'cause that's totally NOT a monster.
...Eh, what the hell. Hop in.
>>
No. 171308 ID: a43754

Elevators are basically your favorite place to be in the entire world. How could have you forgotten this up until now? GET IN
>>
No. 171309 ID: 548bb0
File 12724272384.gif - (9.98KB , 701x683 , 196.gif )
171309

Nan dives headlong into the elevator, and the doors quickly shut behind her.

The stranger offers her a hand, helping her up.

She says it's very nice to meet Nan, and introduces herself as Anna.
She asks with a joking smile if those dark, half-melted fellows running around are friends of hers.
>>
No. 171310 ID: 7524b0

>>171309
"Did you see one running past this elevator just when it opened?"
>>
No. 171312 ID: ba125d

inquire how many floors there are
>>
No. 171313 ID: d6cb21

>>171309
BUNNY GIRL
>>
No. 171314 ID: 3297aa

OCRAP, DARKNESS LEAKING IN
>>
No. 171315 ID: d6cb21

>>171309
Also, demand to know everything she know about WHAT THE FUCK is going on.
>>
No. 171316 ID: f11584

Anna the...? Antelope? What are we looking at here? Our specism must be sated,
>>
No. 171317 ID: 1ac39d

>>171314
relax, we thought it was darkness the first time around, but it's just smoke.
>>
No. 171318 ID: 548bb0
File 127242759124.gif - (10.74KB , 701x683 , 198.gif )
171318

Anna tries to calm Nan, says she's safe at least for the moment. She says she's going to take her to her safehouse on the second floor.

Nan staggers up, struggling for questions. She wants to know exactly what's going on.
Actually, Anna interrupts, she was hoping Nan would tell her.
>>
No. 171319 ID: 548bb0
File 127242766885.gif - (4.65KB , 400x400 , icon.gif )
171319

End, Part 3.
>>
No. 171320 ID: d6cb21

>>171319
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
No. 171323 ID: ba125d

Don't worry Anna, we'll find out in time.
>>
No. 171325 ID: 8b7db1

>>171314
I think that's smoke.

Also, fucking time travel.
>>
No. 171332 ID: d6cb21

I hope you intend to continue this soon/
>>
No. 171346 ID: ff8863

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
No. 171349 ID: 7524b0

>>171346
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
No. 171494 ID: 6a5a08

We totally shoulda teamed up with ourselves and Pablo and Henry and stopped past Nan from breaking the clock, thus causing a time paradox that would rend a rift in the fabric of the universe, allowing us to escape to another plane of existence, hopefully friendlier than this hotel.
>>
No. 171521 ID: 19ecf1

>>171494
yes...
but then again, assuming linear time (the fact nan was ahead), then we wouldn't be able to. In fact, other nan would never know we existed. Everything we do won't be noticed by other Nan if the time continum is linear in this case...

Or it could be many planes of existance...
>>
No. 171538 ID: bedf29

>>171521
PLANESCAPE!
In the future; hum tunes while walking through doorways, windows, narrow spaces, anything vaguely arc-like passing overhead and, if you get some string, try your own horns. Sigil is waaaay better than the hotel.
>>
No. 171632 ID: 24aa45

More harm than anything. Past Nan will "dissapaear" and never again show.
The monsters will though
>>
No. 171779 ID: d8be0c

Commence lesbian sex with Anna at nearest appropriate opportunity. Just keep it in mind~

What? I wasn't going to be the only one suggesting it.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password