[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 118492)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41314 unique user posts. View catalog

File 126446773244.png - (136.19KB , 768x768 , dq246.png )
118492 No. 118492 ID: bf1e7e

It is dark.
Expand all images
>>
No. 118495 ID: abb30a

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
>>
No. 118496 ID: 3416ec

Find materials for torch. Light torch.

Avoid all grues.
>>
No. 118497 ID: 6faa8c

be very careful: hug walls.
>>
No. 118498 ID: 91ff85

Can you see?
If you can, check out the building.
If not, feel around.
>>
No. 118499 ID: 498c52

wait are we back at Telwis house?
>>
No. 118502 ID: bf1e7e
File 126446878041.png - (130.11KB , 768x768 , dq247.png )
118502

>>118495

You've never heard of a 'grue.'

>>118496

Even if you did have the materials for a torch, you don't have anything with which to light one.

>>118498

Of course you can see. There is still enough mist around that it isn't pitch black, and you have good low-light vision.

>>118499

It looks like Telwis' house.
>>
No. 118503 ID: 7c9402

>>118502
OPAN DOOR
>>
No. 118505 ID: 34470e

>>118502
Open the door a bit and look inside.
>>
No. 118507 ID: 445c48

>>118502
Knock before opening door.
>>
No. 118510 ID: bf1e7e
File 126446939453.png - (151.32KB , 768x768 , dq248.png )
118510

>>118503
>>118505

It looks like Telwis isn't home.
>>
No. 118511 ID: 135d9a

>>118510
Is there anything in here you could use to get a light of some sort?
>>
No. 118513 ID: 498c52

go to waterfall, let's check out the very bottom to see if there's anything there.
>>
No. 118517 ID: 632862

>>118510
What did Telwis leave behind there?
>>
No. 118519 ID: bf1e7e
File 126447066635.png - (183.66KB , 768x768 , dq249.png )
118519

>>118511

Not that you know of. It seems to have stopped getting darker, though, so you probably won't need one.

>>118513

You head to the waterfall.

>>118517

It looks like his knife.
>>
No. 118521 ID: 34470e

>>118519
Whatever you do, don't pass out and have a crazy vision.
>>
No. 118527 ID: bf1e7e
File 126447154022.png - (227.44KB , 768x768 , dq250.png )
118527

>>118521

You'll try not to.

You jump into the water, and swim down as far as the edges of the Debris, where you swam to before. The fish are still here, and they still seem to be oblivious to your presence.
>>
No. 118529 ID: 498c52

Let's go all the way down to the bottom this time.
>>
No. 118543 ID: bf1e7e
File 12644728314.png - (106.73KB , 768x768 , dq251.png )
118543

>>118529

It's much darker down here.

Also it feels strange. the current isn't just flowing downstream, it seems like there's another current here. You couldn't tell when you were shallower.
>>
No. 118544 ID: c0f3bf

Another current? Where is it flowing?
>>
No. 118545 ID: 632862

>>118543
Is that a jellyfish off to the bottom-left?
>>
No. 118549 ID: 8ce2bf

>>118543
How strong is the current? Can you go against it and see where it's coming from?
>>
No. 118555 ID: 498c52

what's that shit down there?
>>
No. 118557 ID: bf1e7e
File 126447422363.png - (51.87KB , 768x768 , dq252.png )
118557

>>118545
>>118555

It looks like some sort of hole. There's something glowing inside it.

>>118544
>>118549

The current seems to be flowing toward the hole. It's definitely noticable, but you're a good swimmer and you can swim against it without too much effort.
>>
No. 118559 ID: 632862

>>118557
Well, I hope Telwis is okay. Investigate the light.
>>
No. 118560 ID: 2dd482

>>118557
wake up.
>>
No. 118567 ID: c0f3bf

Turn yourself around and let yourself drift slowly towards it. Prepare to kick and start swimming backwards.
>>
No. 118572 ID: ec4966

Carefully investigate. Don't let anything brush up against it where it might get sucked in.
>>
No. 118574 ID: 62489a

>>118557
SWIM AWAY FROM THE THING THAT IS OBVIOUSLY AN EYEBALL.
>>
No. 118590 ID: 3297aa

SWIM AWAY, IT'S GONNA EAT YOU
>>
No. 118593 ID: ec4966

Oh man this had better not be another dreamworm or a monster.
>>
No. 118604 ID: bf1e7e
File 126447680726.png - (74.75KB , 768x768 , dq253.png )
118604

You investigate.
>>
No. 118605 ID: 62489a

>>118604
Lick it.
>>
No. 118608 ID: 34bfdb

Uhh.. lets try poking before licking. If it seems safe yoink it. No tasting. We have enough hallucinations as is.
>>
No. 118609 ID: bf1e7e
File 126447700638.png - (74.50KB , 768x768 , dq254.png )
118609

>>118605

No.
>>
No. 118613 ID: 62489a

>>118609
Oh come on. One lick never hurt anyone.
>>
No. 118614 ID: 632862

>>118609
Poke it!
>>
No. 118619 ID: 498c52

can we detach it and keep going down?
>>
No. 118626 ID: bf1e7e
File 126447796359.png - (75.94KB , 768x768 , 255.png )
118626

>>118608
>>118613
>>118614

You reach out and poke it.
>>
No. 118627 ID: bf1e7e
File 126447798893.png - (1.77KB , 768x768 , 256.png )
118627

>>118626
>>
No. 118628 ID: ec4966

Flee!
>>
No. 118629 ID: 632862

>>118627
Great, it turned off its light. Go back along the tunnel and return to the surface. We can check on Telwis, then come back again after the light turns back on.
>>
No. 118666 ID: 135d9a

>>118627
I'm gonna assume that the light went out, and you're not dead.

So, uh, try to get back to the surface?
>>
No. 118682 ID: bf1e7e
File 126448228053.png - (178.48KB , 768x768 , dq257.png )
118682

You retreat from the tunnel and surface.
>>
No. 118686 ID: 632862

>>118682
Grab a fish and head back to Telwis's hut, put it on the rack, then go back and check the scene of the fight. If Telwis isn't there, grab his shirt and put it with his stuff in his house.
>>
No. 118687 ID: ec4966

Oh. You're okay.

Try proceeding further down the tunnel without touching the strange bioluminescence.
>>
No. 118689 ID: 632862

>>118686
Erm, wait. The place where we fought the thing is really far off. So, disregard that part.
>>
No. 118700 ID: 1bb6b8

That was probably a lantern fish, with a lure to draw prey into its mouth
>>
No. 118861 ID: a85626

It was probably a hole into a lighted cavern in an air space below. You muddied it up by poking with it.
>>
No. 119772 ID: 0222e5

Go back, but go deeper into the apparent tunnel. Don't bother with the anemone thing unless it tries to eat you.
>>
No. 124208 ID: bf1e7e
File 126517085574.png - (74.98KB , 768x768 , dq258.png )
124208

You decide to go back down into the tunnel and not poke the glowy thing. It looks like the tunnel keeps going.
>>
No. 124209 ID: 34470e

>>124208
==>
>>
No. 124214 ID: 4ce1b0

>>124208
<==
>>
No. 124217 ID: 498c52

>>124209
That's back the way we came from you fool!
>>
No. 124219 ID: 34470e

>>124217
FINE <==
>>
No. 124235 ID: 3297aa

<====>
I dunno lol
>>
No. 124237 ID: 632862

Proceed.
>>
No. 124249 ID: bf1e7e
File 12651724261.png - (136.06KB , 768x768 , dq259.png )
124249

You spend several minutes swimming down the tunnel, which is lit occasionally by the strange glowy things.

You emerge at the other end and surface.
>>
No. 124251 ID: 62489a

>>124249
Investigate the rock and the wall behind it.
>>
No. 124252 ID: 632862

>>124249
Oh, it's another waterfall. Inspect the rubble.
>>
No. 124267 ID: bf1e7e
File 126517320856.png - (142.96KB , 768x768 , dq260.png )
124267

>>124252

It looks like a rock next to a ledge.

You are damp.
>>
No. 124269 ID: 62489a

>>124267
Take off clothing, become dry.
>>
No. 124270 ID: 632862

>>124267
SHAKE!

Then climb up onto the ledge and look around.
>>
No. 124273 ID: cfad4e

>>124270
this
>>
No. 124283 ID: bf1e7e
File 126517438657.png - (147.61KB , 768x768 , dq261.png )
124283

You take your tunic off, it's completely soaked.

You still bring it with you, though. Your pockets are in it, after all.

You climb up onto the shelf. It looks like there's a whole series of shelves back here. They seem to go up a long way.
>>
No. 124287 ID: 135d9a

>>124283
So, like... stairs, then?

Climb them, I guess?
>>
No. 124315 ID: cfad4e

Careful as you climb.
>>
No. 124317 ID: 632862

>>124283
Ascend.
>>
No. 124320 ID: bf1e7e
File 126517614513.png - (151.25KB , 768x768 , dq262.png )
124320

You wouldn't exactly call them stairs, but you can climb them.
>>
No. 124324 ID: 632862

^
|
|

>>
No. 124357 ID: cfad4e

Unless there's another way to go that you see, better keep climbing. Be careful, though!
>>
No. 124386 ID: a85626

...where are you going? Shouldn't you be hiding out at Telwis's place until it becomes not dark again? I thought the Evil lurked around more during darktime.
>>
No. 125570 ID: a85626

I mean if you're up you're up, but just, don't go anywhere exploring around where you can't get back in a real hurry.

Come to think on it, that tiny underwater tunnel is probably a more defensible place than Telwis's hut.

MAKE NOTE OF DEFENSIBLE PLACES
>>
No. 125582 ID: d31d16

>>124320
(not sure if this is just a missed detail but)
Check where you were stabbed. you seem to have neither bandages or scars.
>>
No. 127780 ID: bf1e7e
File 12656033165.png - (153.50KB , 768x768 , dq263.png )
127780

Up you go.

>>125582

>Artist mistake, Ven is still wearing bandages.
>>
No. 127782 ID: 62489a

>>127780
TIME TO GO SWIMMING AGAIN

And this time take it all off you tart.
>>
No. 127834 ID: 632862

>>127780
Is that water, or just mist? If water, go in and swim around to see what's in there.
>>
No. 127904 ID: bf1e7e
File 126560901047.png - (157.88KB , 768x768 , dq264.png )
127904

Yep, that's definitely water.

You are about to swim, but then you see that there is a small boat here.

It appears to be tied off to an eyehook on the side of the ledge. It looks old, but it also looks like it still floats.
>>
No. 127909 ID: 34470e

>>127904
Check to see if it'll hold you.
>>
No. 127910 ID: 632862

Alright, take the boat for a ride so you don't get wet again and catch a cold or something.
>>
No. 128003 ID: 476456

Lay down in boat.
>>
No. 128004 ID: 8e18cd

Well picture yourself on boat on a ri... on second thought, just hop onto the boat and paddle!
>>
No. 128055 ID: d46609

Test the boat with foot.
>>
No. 128063 ID: c4cd23

We still need some sort of paddle here.
>>
No. 128064 ID: c4cd23

How deep is the water?
>>
No. 128072 ID: bf1e7e
File 126566250239.png - (153.51KB , 768x768 , dq265.png )
128072

You decide to take the boat instead of swimming.

>>128063

There is a paddle in the boat already.

>>128064

A quick check shows it to be extremely deep. You can't see the bottom.

You were climbing for quite a while.
>>
No. 128074 ID: c0f3bf

Stick your head underwater, can you see anything of interest?
>>
No. 128076 ID: c4cd23

Go to pointy island. off to the left.
>>
No. 128077 ID: 632862

>>128072
I see a shoreline off to the right. Land there.
>>
No. 128084 ID: c0f3bf

Pointy island. If it turns out to be dangerous, it'll be easier to climb onto the flat shore.
>>
No. 128085 ID: 187d8a

>>128072
Carefully navigate to behind the island to see what's beyond it. If there's anything interesting on it, dock.
>>
No. 128087 ID: bf1e7e
File 126566450359.png - (152.94KB , 768x768 , dq266.png )
128087

You decide to approach the 'pointy island' in an arc, due to the current.

It looks to be a large pillar of stone jutting out of the water. You don't see anywhere to dock.
>>
No. 128088 ID: 632862

>>128087
Head to the island on the right with the shoreline on it, then.
>>
No. 128091 ID: c0f3bf

Do you have any rope to throw over that spike and climb up?
>>
No. 128101 ID: 8e18cd

>>128087

Head to the island
>>
No. 128104 ID: 34bfdb

Wait, it looks like there's something behind the spike (Or it seems a bump was added in the second picture anyway)... try to go around it to get a better look, but not too close.
>>
No. 128112 ID: 632862

>>128104
Oh jesus you're right there's a MONSTER behind the island!
>>
No. 128123 ID: 135d9a

>>128104
Sure, go with this.
>>
No. 128125 ID: bf1e7e
File 126566752368.png - (152.60KB , 768x768 , dq267.png )
128125

You head over to the shore on the right, finding a mooring hook and docking your boat.
>>
No. 128127 ID: c0f3bf

Quickly search for traps monsters. Then walk up the coast a bit and take a look around.
>>
No. 128132 ID: 8e18cd

>>128125

The shadow behind the spike has disappeared... FFFFFFFFFFF... MONSTER ENCOUNTER IMMINENT. BRACE YOURSELF AND SCOUT THE SURROUNDINGS.
>>
No. 128143 ID: 3416ec

>look island
>>
No. 128144 ID: bf1e7e
File 126567067879.png - (190.93KB , 768x768 , dq268.png )
128144

You walk up onto the small shore. It doesn't look like there are any monsters here.

It is noticably colder this way than it was on the other side of the lake.
>>
No. 128145 ID: 62489a

Check out those ruins.
>>
No. 128146 ID: 3fc16d

Pull the boat all the way up on shore so the monster won't eat it, then have a look at that pier.
>>
No. 128147 ID: 632862

>>128144
Check out the ruins.
>>
No. 128148 ID: 3fc16d

Also cover your tail.
>>
No. 128149 ID: 8e18cd

Grab the Oar. You can use it as a weapon in case any MONSTERS are around. Proceed forward....


... this looks oddly familiar so keep on guard.
>>
No. 128150 ID: 3416ec

Jumping on the "investigate ruins" wagon. Be sure to loot whatever looks shiny.
>>
No. 128151 ID: bf1e7e
File 12656715582.png - (188.09KB , 768x768 , dq269.png )
128151

It doesn't look like a pier, there's a channel where the water is running back alongside the building, and there's some sort of ... dam in front of it? It obviously isn't a dam, as there are small gaps evenly spaced across the surface. Almost like a really fat comb stuck down in the water.

You grab the oar and head up toward the ruins. It looks like something devastating happened here a long time ago.

It looks like there is ice clinging to various bits of rubble.
>>
No. 128152 ID: 632862

>>128151
That's quite strange that it would be this cold here. Perhaps... there's an opening to the outside nearby, and we're high up on a snowy mountain?
>>
No. 128153 ID: c0f3bf

Ice? How cold are you? And what is the sluice attached to at the other end?
>>
No. 128340 ID: 3fc16d

That's a gate to keep something out or in. Let's check it out.
>>
No. 129984 ID: bf1e7e
File 126594052355.png - (177.50KB , 768x768 , dq270.png )
129984

>>128153

You're cold enough to put your tunic back on now that it's dried out, but it doesn't feel like it's cold enough to freeze.

>>128340

You check it out.

There's a room here. It looks like something happened here. The far side appears to have collapsed in some sort of cave-in.
>>
No. 129985 ID: 34470e

>>129984
...Poke the cog-shaped hole and prepare for another freakout.
>>
No. 129991 ID: bf1e7e
File 126594158257.png - (208.48KB , 768x768 , dq271.png )
129991

>>129985

You poke the strange cog indentation.

Nothing appears to have happened.
>>
No. 129992 ID: 9e9b47

>>129991

Look in box
>>
No. 129993 ID: 34470e

>>129991
What's in the box?
>>
No. 129995 ID: 7a76b6

>>129991
What's that by the rock on the far right?
>>
No. 129996 ID: 233aab

>>129995
check that out
>>
No. 129999 ID: bf1e7e
File 126594317736.png - (206.59KB , 768x768 , dq272.png )
129999

You think of several things to check out, so you decide to check the box first.

It looks like a lot of clockwork parts. They're all rusted into a useless mass. There's a scrap of paper poking out from underneath them.
>>
No. 130001 ID: bf1e7e
File 126594384741.png - (164.38KB , 768x768 , sq273.png )
130001

>>129999

You check the scrap of paper.
>>
No. 130002 ID: 34470e

>>130001
Anything on the other side?
>>
No. 130005 ID: 7a76b6

>>130001
It looks rather smudged, can you read any of that?
>>
No. 130025 ID: a85626

>>130001

My Calc homework!
>>
No. 130104 ID: 632862

>>130001
Looks like the design for a robot.
>>
No. 130171 ID: a85626

>>130104

A robot with a significant space in its chest cavity. Perhaps to contain a certain Indahl's beating heart?
>>
No. 130497 ID: 45be60

>>130171
dude, cog shaped hole.
why would you even suggest that.
>>
No. 130584 ID: a85626

>>130497

I dunno. I must be losing it.
>>
No. 130622 ID: cfad4e

Beats me. At the top and lower right of the page, looks like Indahl drawings surrounded by some kinda technomagical whowhats. Then at the middle, something that's probably a robot, with the cog picture pointing at a cog-shaped hole. So... obviously a cog (probably the one Ven woke up with) needs to go in the robot. But maybe the cog was made from her spirit energy or something. Like when she stabbed herself in the chest, maybe? Can't really draw any solid conclusions.

>A robot with a significant space in its chest cavity. Perhaps to contain a certain Indahl's beating heart?
If anything, it's probably the other way around, and Ven's heart is mechanical. Or something.

On that note, was that hand-and-cog statue a real thing, or from your dream?
http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/src/125831859745.png

Look at the little dealie wedged between the rocks at the opposite side of the room.
>>
No. 130778 ID: cfad4e

Hey, wait a sec. You still have a mysterious vial from when you first woke up. Maybe the indentation on the floor is a mold and you should pour the contents in.

Open the stopper and take a whiff, at least.
>>
No. 130965 ID: a85626

Ven: next time you see yourself THROW THE GEAR AND RUUUUUN.
>>
No. 133651 ID: bf1e7e
File 126645612327.png - (207.11KB , 768x768 , dq274.png )
133651

>>130002

Only bled-through ink.

>>130005

Even where the text isn't smudged, you can't make much of anything out. Everything is written in the same shorthand that was on the chalkboard. You can make out something about a container, but can't tell what it's referring to.

>>130778

It smells ... smokey?
>>
No. 133652 ID: 62489a

>>133651
Sit in the middle of the cog.
>>
No. 133664 ID: 632862

>>133651
Go in the door.
>>
No. 133667 ID: b76d8c

>>133651
Check out the thing on the far right
>>
No. 133672 ID: 3416ec

>>133667

Yes, there appears to be a... thing nestled in the rocks directly to the right.
>>
No. 133673 ID: 34470e

>>133672
Yes, go look at the thing.
>>
No. 133680 ID: 3297aa

inb4 it's the robot.
>>
No. 133682 ID: bf1e7e
File 126645828351.png - (115.18KB , 768x768 , dq275.png )
133682

You reinsert the stopper into the vial.

You walk across the room and look at the object among the debris.
>>
No. 133683 ID: c0f3bf

Can you dig around it a little, try to pull it out?
>>
No. 133684 ID: 34470e

>>133682
Poke it.
>>
No. 133686 ID: 632862

>>133682
How heavy are the rocks? Think you can lift it off without reopening your wound?
>>
No. 133707 ID: bf1e7e
File 12664593128.png - (206.67KB , 768x768 , dq276.png )
133707

>>133683

Given that the floor is stone, no.

>>133684

Nothing happens.

>>133686

That rock probably weighs more than you do.
>>
No. 133709 ID: 632862

>>133707
Get ye inside that door!
>>
No. 133710 ID: c0f3bf

Call out.
>>
No. 133711 ID: 3416ec

Pick up the finger... piece thing.
>>
No. 133716 ID: b76d8c

>>133707
Take the loose part, it may prove useful
What's that black thing by the rock beside you?
>>
No. 140355 ID: bf1e7e
File 126741498896.png - (109.95KB , 768x768 , dq277.png )
140355

>>133716

>What's that black thing by the rock beside you?

>An art error.

You pick up the Clockwork Digit, and head through the door. It's shattered in its frame, and the remains tip over into the room as you enter.

The right side of this room is collapsed as well. There are some gears poking out from the debris.
>>
No. 140358 ID: 632862

>>140355
Examine gears.
>>
No. 140397 ID: 3416ec

Examine gears, then open the door ahead of you.
>>
No. 140753 ID: 716eb0

>>140358
Confirm that white strings in corners are nothing more sinister than cobwebs please.
>>
No. 140808 ID: 79fd87

>>140753
That's ice, I think.
>>
No. 141325 ID: bf1e7e
File 126758559630.png - (115.86KB , 768x768 , dq278.png )
141325

>>140358

>Examine Gears

The gears look to be in surprisingly good condition, but they're frozen together. They are apparently part of some mechanism that is obscured by the debris.

>>140753

That's just more lazily-drawn ice.
>>
No. 141326 ID: 632862

>>141325
Anything interesting going on with that chain? If not, enter the door.
>>
No. 141328 ID: 34470e

>>141325
Open the door and prepare door something bad to happen.
>>
No. 141329 ID: 8ce2bf

>>141325
Lick the ice to unthaw it. Check out what's through that door after that plan fails.
>>
No. 141341 ID: bf1e7e
File 126758768585.png - (127.31KB , 768x768 , dq279.png )
141341

>>141326

The chain seems to still have a bit of tension to it, but it doesn't feel like something is currently driving it.

You open the door to the north. This looks like a storage room of some sort. There are a large number of boxes here.
>>
No. 141342 ID: 34470e

>>141341
Examine boxes.
>>
No. 141350 ID: b76d8c

>>141341
Try opening the box lying horizontally
>>
No. 141352 ID: 632862

>>141341
Open dem boxes. Horizontal first.
>>
No. 141357 ID: bf1e7e
File 126758965279.png - (128.34KB , 768x768 , dq280.png )
141357

>>141342

They look to be made of mason stalks, and built pretty solidly. They also look very old.

You can't actually find a way to open this box. It doesn't look like it was built to open after it was sealed.
>>
No. 141358 ID: 632862

>>141357
Any dry rot? Can you break any of them open?
>>
No. 141363 ID: b76d8c

>>141357
Can we pry it open with the oar?
Try opening the box beside it, if not
>>
No. 141372 ID: bf1e7e
File 126759104084.png - (131.16KB , 768x768 , dq281.png )
141372

>>141358

It looks like part of the standing one has either rotted or cracked away, but you can't pull it open with your own strength.
>>
No. 141375 ID: c0f3bf

Think the oar's strong enough to pry it open without breaking?
>>
No. 141378 ID: 34470e

>>141372
Is there anything under the boxes? Anything on the ceiling? Anything behind the boxes?
>>
No. 141421 ID: a85626

Can you peek inside the box, or is it too dark?
>>
No. 141646 ID: bf1e7e
File 126767214769.png - (124.66KB , 768x768 , dq282.png )
141646

>>141378

The boxes are too large and heavy to lift, you can't tell if there's anything behind them, but they go a long way back. It doesn't look like there is anything on the ceiling.

>>141421

It's too dark.

>>141375

Only one way to find out.
>>
No. 141647 ID: 3416ec

>>141646

Remember, lift with the knees. Not the back.
>>
No. 141648 ID: bf1e7e
File 126767280545.png - (133.77KB , 768x768 , dq283.png )
141648

>>141646

>==>
>>
No. 141649 ID: 632862

>>141648
What's in the box? What's in the booooox?
>>
No. 141650 ID: 717301

drag it into the light and see what's inside. in b4 coffin.
>>
No. 142115 ID: bf1e7e
File 126774899621.png - (245.23KB , 768x768 , dq284.png )
142115

You look into the box.
>>
No. 142117 ID: 632862

>>142115
Examine the corpse. Particularly the chest area.
>>
No. 142118 ID: 701a19

>>142115
Check the panel you broke off. If there aren't any scratch marks then they were boxed up AFTER they died.
Oh, and don't worry so much. Caskets are a sign of respect, so whoever did this probably isn't going to be instantly hostile. Heck, these haven't even been chewed on.
>>
No. 142121 ID: cfad4e

Holy fuckblossoms. Examine corpse for reality/unreality.
>>
No. 142138 ID: 34bfdb

ame race as you huh? Then we have discovered a very important fact: Your head is TINY kekekeke! Feel self-conscious about your tiny tiny unimpressive head. You come from a race of nerds! Small brains are not attractive!

But seriously now. Lets give this box a proper look over.. might be more inside then just the corpse after all. I doubt the dead guy (or gal) will mind.
>>
No. 142139 ID: 3416ec

>>142115

Yikes.

Nervously examine corpse.

Also, I just now noticed you have aperture eyes. How strange.
>>
No. 142140 ID: 34470e

>>142115
Wake up.
>>
No. 142265 ID: 2b461c

>>142121
Just say SAN CHECK.
>>
No. 142322 ID: a85626

Y'know I can't rule out at this point that every one of you is a robot, and all Indahls are dead.

NO
>>
No. 142336 ID: 717301

What else is gonna be in a box that big that is not designed to be opened?
>>
No. 142372 ID: a85626

>>142336

candy? ._.
>>
No. 142426 ID: 5a2e05

Wakey wakey.
>>
No. 148824 ID: bf1e7e
File 126885385185.png - (246.31KB , 768x768 , dq285.png )
148824

>>142117
>>142121
>>142139

There's a hole there. The exposed bones look damaged.

When you touch it your finger easily pokes through what remains of its skin.

>>142118
>>142138

It's hard to make out much of any detail on the box. It's awfully weathered since you were able to snap it apart, it looks really old.
>>
No. 148825 ID: 632862

>>148824
Is there anything else in the box?
>>
No. 148833 ID: 3416ec

>>148824

Examine the hole closely.

Then look in the box for anything else of interest.
>>
No. 148839 ID: a85626

Do Indahls keep their brain in their chest, out of curiosity? That would be insanely stupid of course, because the heart has to be in the center to best regulate blood flow, and the brain has to be close to the eyes and ears. But I just want to make sure.

Also Ven, this is very important. Do you have a pulse? Is your heart beating right now? Or is it more of a steady whirring?
>>
No. 148860 ID: c0f3bf

Calm down, you got here, other indahls might have too. Just in case though, do you have any bone anomalies you could check for on the skeleton?
>>
No. 165669 ID: eb4499

I think we should go back and chech on Telwis to see if he is okay. Besides, we havent made much progress on our own and we could use a little help. Not to mention that we'd be safer if we traveled together.
>>
No. 165687 ID: 95ab41

>>165669
>havent made much progress on our own
looks like we've been making decent enough progress to me, certainly more than clinging to Telwis' house has.

>Not to mention that we'd be safer if we traveled together.
Telwis has already said, multiple times, that he won't and can't go with Ven.
>>
No. 169608 ID: fe1954

listen to your heartbeat
>>
No. 215678 ID: bf1e7e
File 128097470368.png - (143.46KB , 768x768 , dq286.png )
215678

>>148825

It doesn't look like it ...

>>148833

It looks like there's a crack in the sternum, like something was forcefully put in or taken out.

>>148839

You don't really know where your organs are, but you are pretty sure that your heart is in your chest. It is beating pretty rapidly.

>>148860

Unfortunately, you've never met another Indahl that you are aware of!
>>
No. 215679 ID: 0b2a05

Shake/slide the box on the ground if you can, listen if anything inside it moves.

What are behind the boxes?
>>
No. 215680 ID: 70d9eb

>>215678
You must be somewhat close to Indahl civilization with a tomb being here. Was there anywhere else to boat over to back at the water?
>>
No. 215682 ID: c4c313

>>215678

OK you have a heartbeat. I'll remember that, thanks. Now...

COMPEL YOUR CREATOR TO UPDATE MORE FREQUENTLY
>>
No. 215697 ID: 34470e

>>215682
I would also like this to happen.
>>215678
There may be something on the bottom side of the box.
>>
No. 215701 ID: 70d9eb

>>215679
>>215697
"The boxes are too large and heavy to lift, you can't tell if there's anything behind them, but they go a long way back. It doesn't look like there is anything on the ceiling."
>>
No. 215706 ID: 34470e

>>215701
I was talking about where the feet are located.
>>
No. 215715 ID: 3416ec

Whack those boxes open with the oar.
>>
No. 215716 ID: a594b9

Lacking there being anything else here of interest, perhaps we should leave.
>>
No. 215725 ID: 8e18cd

Push the half-opened box aside and check what's in the boxes behind it.
>>
No. 216856 ID: bf1e7e
File 128140691166.png - (141.04KB , 768x768 , dq287.png )
216856

>>215679

You can't. It's too heavy for your scrawny arms.

>>215680

There was some sort of waterway feeding the lake.

>>215706

There didn't seem to be anything in there except the body.

>>215715

You smash open the box on the ground.

There isn't a body in this one.

There are parts of one, though.
>>
No. 216857 ID: 476456

Oh they're caskets oh god what have we done
>>
No. 216858 ID: d560d6

>>216857
Defiled the resting places of the unburied dead.

Hope your race isn't a superstitious one, Nev.
>>
No. 216860 ID: a594b9

Let's stop defiling graves and make our way back out.
>>
No. 216861 ID: 70d9eb

>>216856
Well you've already gone and defiled another casket, see if there's anything to steal in this one.
>>
No. 216865 ID: bf1e7e
File 128140887875.png - (148.96KB , 768x768 , dq288.png )
216865

>>216861

It looks like you were wrong, there's more in here than the parts of a body.

There are the parts of several bodies.
>>
No. 216867 ID: 70d9eb

>>216865
Well then.
We should probably stop defiling corpses. We could take a shot at breaking that ice in the other room. Try pouring a bit of the liquid from the vial onto it. If the ice doesn't look very sturdy you could try hitting it with the unbladed side of your oar.
If you can't break the ice I think we are just going to have to try that waterway.
>>
No. 216868 ID: c4c313

>>216865

What a strange...

What would kill these people, but then spend the time to put the bodies in caskets? Is this some kind of abandoned morgue? Why abandoned? Why would there be ice everywhere?

It clearly doesn't look like these people died suddenly or even unnaturally. The hole in the sternum is odd, but whatever killed them is not likely to be a huge danger to you in the near future. I think you should calm down, take some time away from the bodies to sort your feelings out.
>>
No. 216877 ID: bf1e7e
File 128141148657.png - (104.70KB , 768x768 , dq289.png )
216877

>>216867

You pour some of the liquid onto the ice
>>
No. 216878 ID: bf1e7e
File 128141170191.png - (109.07KB , 768x768 , dq290.png )
216878

>>216877

==>
>>
No. 216883 ID: bf1e7e

>>216878
>End of 'Cutscene' BTW
>>
No. 216884 ID: 70d9eb

>>216878
Step back and let it do its thing. Put the stopper back on the vial and make a note to never drink from it. Be prepared to bolt if it starts doing something crazy and throws debris at you.
>>
No. 216893 ID: 8bdb6a

Step back. Try to avoid breathing whatever fumes it's making.
>>
No. 216896 ID: c4c313

>>216878

Holy crap you have a vial of Instant Fire.

You must learn to duplicate this substance.
>>
No. 216939 ID: a594b9

Give the fire some clearance, and stop up the bottle before you use too much of it. Hopefully that's enough to thaw the mechanism.
>>
No. 218837 ID: f57857
File 128196801486.jpg - (7.84KB , 251x228 , 1248546301828.jpg )
218837

ClockSeal please update your quest ): Your presentation of Deep is wonderful, and I eagerly check for updates whenever I can; I haven't been this enthralled since rubyquest- no, more even. If you are tired or out of inspiration then I understand if you were to take your time, but please don't let your story go to waste. I don't know if there are more who share my feelings, but I am entirely spellbound by your tale, and I hope that gives you some form of encouragement or reprieve. Ah, anyway cheers I guess, to the most promising quest I've seen here.
>>
No. 218856 ID: 3234dd

>>218837

ssh don't rush him
>>
No. 219075 ID: f57857

>>218856
Yeah, you're right, my apologies. It's been nearly a week since the last update, and I was getting worried. Although, judging by the time stamps of the updates, this would be pretty normal. Should'ave looked at those first in hindsight I guess; silly me.
>>
No. 219104 ID: bf1e7e
File 128206275230.png - (110.64KB , 768x768 , dq291.png )
219104

You step back away from the flame and quickly re-stopper the vial. The flame burns briefly, but with incredible heat. By the time it dies down a few seconds later, the ice has completely melted away. You hear something clatter to the floor.
>>
No. 219105 ID: 3b77b9

examine the thing that fell to the floor.
>>
No. 219107 ID: 0b2a05

Are those... more digits? Pick them up... and go back out and look for the ones before.
>>
No. 219109 ID: 70d9eb

>>219104
Examine it before just grabbing it, pick them up if they're just more clockwork digits and seem safe.
>>
No. 219120 ID: bf1e7e
File 128206713510.png - (66.99KB , 768x768 , dq292.png )
219120

It looks like a broken vial.
>>
No. 219129 ID: 70d9eb

Check outside?
>>
No. 219161 ID: a594b9

So... either the gears were frozen via some sort of ice solution or someone tried to melt it with the same sort of fire solution you have.

Can you move the gears now?
>>
No. 219163 ID: f35afd

I'm betting that breaking the vial made the ice. Somebody threw it in the gears or something. Sweep it out of the way and see if you can get the gears to turn.
>>
No. 219232 ID: f57857

Does the gear look like it's connected to any system or does it lead anywhere else? Is there a lever to get them moving again?
>>
No. 219233 ID: f57857

There doesn't seem to be anything else of note; lets go back to the pier where you left your boat, and see if we can go anywhere else. Also rub your hands and blow into them, it must be freezing.
>>
No. 219236 ID: f57857

>>219233
Oh and let's check our pockets again while we're at it.
>>
No. 219275 ID: bf1e7e
File 128209630252.png - (191.81KB , 768x768 , dq293.png )
219275

>>219161
>>219163

You still can't get the gears to turn. They seem to be part of some much larger mechanism, and while the rubble seems to be clear of it there is neither enough space for you to get through or enough light (or a good enough viewing angle) to determine what the mechanism is for.

Either the mechanism has some sort of lock holding it in place, or it is simply too large for you to force it to activate with your puny strength.

>>219236

You are currently carrying your strange gear, the vial of fire, a scrap of paper with mostly indecipherable writing and designs, and the clockwork finger. You also have the oar, but it will not fit in your pockets.

You head back toward the dock where you moored your boat. It is still quite cold here.
>>
No. 219276 ID: 117dce

Can we get a map or something? I am extremely confused as to where we've been and where we have not explored yet.
>>
No. 219278 ID: 70d9eb

>>219275
Try boating over to the waterway that was feeding the lake.
>>
No. 219304 ID: bf1e7e
File 128209828954.png - (178.86KB , 768x768 , dq294.png )
219304

>>219278

You head out into the lake once again, and toward the back.

>>219276

Unfortunately, it's extremely difficult to navigate a three-dimensional cavernous environment with no central frame of reference!

This is the best mental image you are able to string together, and you aren't really sure about all of the distances and directions involved.
>>
No. 219309 ID: a594b9

>>219304
Onwards into nearby unexplored waters, then.
>>
No. 219310 ID: 117dce

Okay, so going where you're going is where we haven't been yet. Good. Let's go there.
>>
No. 219316 ID: 3234dd
File 128210040064.png - (173.65KB , 768x768 , map.png )
219316

>>219276

Here ya go.
>>
No. 219323 ID: ff0a7c

Onward! to the great expanses of the unkown, for are we not Ven the explorer-adventurer extraordinaire? We shall sail to the final frontiers- to boldly go where no Indahl has gone before.

Strike a pose!
>>
No. 219324 ID: d560d6

>>219316
Nice one.

Onward, to Where we have not been, then!
>>
No. 219335 ID: bf1e7e
File 128210445624.png - (111.91KB , 768x768 , dq295.png )
219335

You take your boat upstream

==>
>>
No. 219336 ID: bf1e7e
File 128210448048.png - (157.08KB , 768x768 , dq296.png )
219336

>>219335

>==>
>>
No. 219337 ID: 476456

sing a sea shanty
>>
No. 219338 ID: 476456

OH JESUS FUCK THE SEA SHANTY
>>
No. 219339 ID: f82d85

Look behind you.

Wave.
>>
No. 219340 ID: 70d9eb

Sing a sea shanty to help you keep time with your strokes. Row your boat.
>>
No. 219341 ID: 9cb4b3

Oh, listen ye to
mine salty shanty
about the sweet lady
who once loved me

She looked fair and fine with
her eyes upon mine
Oh! Until she got ill:
seasick from brine

Here, take good note:
What moves old Kapp'n's boat
Be an iced, extra-nice
Cucumber Float

Fetch one for me young lad;
You won't be left sad!
Don't be slow or you'll know
I might get mad!

Ye think yer bad
Some kind o' wreslin' lad
Ye've got guts but yer nuts
Don't make me mad

With my turtle-tough shell
I'll ring yer bell
Black yer eye, make ye cry
And say farewell
>>
No. 219344 ID: e973f4

>>219336
Panic, thereby failing to accomplish anything useful.
>>
No. 219361 ID: 3234dd

YO HO YO HO A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME
WE PILLAGE WE PLUNDER WE RIFLE AND LOOT
DRINK UP ME HEARTIES YO HO
WE KIDNAP AND RAVAGE AND DON'T GIVE A HOOT
DRINK UP ME HEARTIES YO HO
>>
No. 219374 ID: ff0a7c

>>219344
No Goddamnit! Stay calm. See if Nessie can be reasoned with; maybe she just wants something, otherwise throw the fire vial at Nessie, aim for an eye. Then paddle away as fast as your scrawny arms can go! Paddle downstream toward the waterfall if you have to, that way we pick up speed.
>>
No. 219375 ID: 8bdb6a

Verbally express your desire to surrender while paddling faster.
>>
No. 219377 ID: f202ec
File 128211524999.png - (11.74KB , 200x200 , zubat.png )
219377

You have one chance!
Pacify the giant lake monster with a friend!
>>
No. 219381 ID: ff0a7c

Hum a tune Ven, whatever comes naturally.
>>
No. 219384 ID: 55e935

Plessie!
>>
No. 219388 ID: a594b9

I suggest attempting to get away from it.
>>
No. 219423 ID: f57857

>>219381
I don't suppose you could make it sleepy with a tune at least?
>>
No. 219477 ID: 3416ec

Paddle. Paddle very very fast.
>>
No. 219479 ID: f35afd

Sing it the song of your people?! Alternately, do you swim faster than the boat is going? If so, you might want to dive! dive!
>>
No. 219533 ID: 9bd27f

Turn slowly, and start hoping that it's friendly... or another psychotic robot episode.

If it tries to eat you, try to prop the oar into its mouth, then leap out and start swimming... which is probably futile.

Try not to wet em.
>>
No. 219550 ID: f57857

>>219533
I doubt the rickety oar would hold. If there is no other way, throw the vial at something painful like an eye or nose, and if it tries to eat us, then throw it down it's throat!
>>
No. 219562 ID: bf1e7e
File 12821781574.png - (232.48KB , 768x768 , dq297.png )
219562

You begin to sing a song, only you don't actually know any songs with words. So you just hum. While you're doing this, you try to discretely paddle away.

The creature does not appear to be placated by your lyrical enterprise. It opens its maw, and a strange dark fluid begins to leak out.
>>
No. 219564 ID: 8bdb6a

Throw the vial of liquid fire in its mouth.
>>
No. 219565 ID: 117dce

If it's catching up with you, and you can't swim fast enough to get away, then throw the fire in its mouth.
>>
No. 219566 ID: 70d9eb

>>219562
Okay well he doesn't look like a very nice guy, I guess you're gonna have to throw the vial of fire at his mouth so he doesn't eat you out
>>
No. 219567 ID: f57857

>>219562
Whelp that didn't work. It must be some really huge dreamworm and the dark fluid is more trippy LSD stuff so we definitely don't want to let that thing nip us. Paddle faster Ven, but put the vial at the ready. Don't throw it until there is no other way.
>>
No. 219569 ID: f57857

Do we still have the chain? Oh man, he's probably really pissed off since we stole his chain, must have been using it for laundry or something. I recommend giving it back to him then sheepishly paddling away.
>>
No. 219658 ID: b9bd4f

>>219562
Toss the vial of fire in its mouth, then make your getaway.
>>
No. 219659 ID: bf1e7e
File 128219130388.png - (240.48KB , 768x768 , dq298.png )
219659

The creature lunges forward, apparently not cowed by your musical prowess. You leap clear of the boat and toss your vial behind you.

==>
>>
No. 219666 ID: bf1e7e
File 128219223838.png - (155.38KB , 768x768 , dq299.png )
219666

>>219659

>==>

The vial shatters against the corner of the beast's mouth, emitting a loud roar as the liquid quickly bursts into an enormous quantity of flame
>>
No. 219667 ID: 3234dd

gogogo! What can you see under there? Keep to the walls where it can't maneuver as much. Try to find a tight squeeze it can't fit into! Shit it probably can hold its breath longer than you. Make for the shore!
>>
No. 219668 ID: bf1e7e
File 128219263499.png - (175.13KB , 768x768 , dq300.png )
219668

>>219666

>==>

The monster seems to echo the roar as it collapses into the water, its momentum carrying it forward.

Unfortunately, you fail to clear the area into which it collapses, and are driven beneath the water. Everything is dark.

==>
>>
No. 219670 ID: bf1e7e
File 128219297167.png - (54.62KB , 768x768 , DQp4end.png )
219670

>>219668

>==>
>>
No. 219676 ID: a594b9

Swim, Ven! Swim for your liiiiiiife!

Also post next part soon plz.
>>
No. 219689 ID: 5d3b70

Oh shit oh shit
>>
No. 219748 ID: 3416ec

KICK YOUR LEGS

SWIM DAMMIT SWIM SWIIIIIIIIIM
>>
No. 219792 ID: f57857

Update soon Cockwork Seal. We love you <3
>>
No. 219796 ID: 5a2e05

Woah a bunch of updates all at once.
SWIM, VEN, SWIM!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password