[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 164498369698.png - (35.43KB , 500x500 , u0.png )
1023545 No. 1023545 ID: eedbeb

There's construction at the apartment exits and they can't let anyone through, but at least it'll be finished by tomorrow.
Expand all images
>>
No. 1023546 ID: eedbeb
File 164498370790.png - (36.83KB , 500x500 , u1.png )
1023546

Mike lies in his bed, teeth sawing against each other. Every few second there's a loud bang as his neighbor, the resident of apartment 3, hits their living room wall with a hammer.
>>
No. 1023547 ID: afe7de

Examine room, then scream at neighbor to stop, the construction is bad enough!
>>
No. 1023548 ID: 8483cf

Is there any connection between the construction at the exits and the banging with the hammer?
>>
No. 1023549 ID: c92a02

Hit wall back with key. Establish morse code communications.
>>
No. 1023552 ID: 790ada

Time for petty revenge. If they want to be loud, give em' a taste of their own medicine! Turn on heavy metal music at full volume. See how they like it!

Realize this wont solve the problem as the stereo's booming music causes an earthquake in your apartment.
>>
No. 1023555 ID: eedbeb
File 164498444864.png - (33.82KB , 500x500 , u2.png )
1023555

The noise of construction on the first floor is bad enough without someone making a racket in the middle of the night! Mike leaps to his feet on the bed, ready to confront his enemy.

>Examine room
Nothing too exciting, standard single man living quarters. He has his dresser, bed, and a window to a back alley.
>>
No. 1023556 ID: eedbeb
File 164498445316.png - (45.29KB , 500x500 , u3.png )
1023556

>Hit wall
Mike pounds on the wall in retaliation and screams at his neighbor to shut the fuck up. They pause for a moment, then resume their hammering.
>>
No. 1023558 ID: 8483cf

Time for revenge!
>>
No. 1023559 ID: eedbeb
File 164498533768.png - (26.60KB , 500x500 , u4.png )
1023559

>Revenge
How so? Mike needs specifics.
>>
No. 1023560 ID: 790ada

>>1023552
Already gave my idea here, but it didnt look like you had a stereo.

Lets look for something that we can make more annoying noise than the neighbors are making with. Check the dresser
>>
No. 1023561 ID: c92a02

Get your revenge by knocking down the wall with your dresser.
>>
No. 1023562 ID: 41caaf

look through dresser for tools
>>
No. 1023568 ID: afe7de

See if you can find a nail to hammer into the wall, then hammer a few into the wall obstinately, see how they like having nails sticking out of their wall and YOU hammering the wall
>>
No. 1023585 ID: a2493c

>>1023559
break into their car and leave a steaming shit in their glovebox
>>
No. 1023649 ID: eedbeb
File 164506239186.png - (37.14KB , 500x500 , 000.png )
1023649

>Stereo?
Mike has a laptop that he torrents literally everything on, but the speakers are shit and won't be effective for audio warfare.

>Hammer?
Mike does not own a hammer or nails. It's not his job to fix things in the apartment, it's the property manager's!
>>
No. 1023650 ID: eedbeb
File 164506241137.png - (28.00KB , 500x500 , 001.png )
1023650

>Shit on their car
This is an excellent idea. Sadly, Mike can't leave the apartment right now because of the construction.

>Dresser
Nothing but store fresh clothes in there.

>Wait a second
Mike's bedroom is adjacent to 3's living room. His neighbor's already shown they don't care if he thumps back and they're not the one trying to sleep right now. Revenge is futile.
>>
No. 1023651 ID: eedbeb
File 164506242712.png - (47.79KB , 500x500 , 002.png )
1023651

>Knock down wall with dresser
Mike feels rage building inside him at his helplessness. In a remarkable feat of strength, he seizes his heavy dresser and throws it into the offending wall.

It crashes through the thin layers of drywall and tips over on his neighbor's floor.
>>
No. 1023652 ID: eedbeb
File 164506243781.png - (42.13KB , 500x500 , 003.png )
1023652

>G-g-g-girl????
Wait a second, Mike's neighbor is actually a cute girl! She screams at him as he crawls through the hole in the wall, and attacks him with her hammer, bringing it down repeatedly on Mike's head.

Mike wakes on his sofa, temple throbbing slightly. Judging by the light coming in through the windows, it's already late morning.
>>
No. 1023655 ID: 96c896

Call the police and report the assault.
>>
No. 1023656 ID: 0838d6

Examine hole in the wall, also where is your dresser?
>>
No. 1023660 ID: eedbeb
File 164506394734.png - (32.02KB , 500x500 , u5.png )
1023660

>Examine hole
Mike gets to his feet and walks to his bedroom. Sure enough, the gaping hole in the wall is still there, though the girl and his dresser are nowhere in sight.

Mike has gained access to Apartment 3!
>>
No. 1023661 ID: eedbeb
File 164506395538.png - (23.98KB , 500x500 , u6.png )
1023661

>Call the police
He’s not going to let such a blatant assault go unpunished! Mike pulls out his phone and calls the police.

The operator on the line takes his call very seriously and asks a lot of questions about how he managed to throw the dresser through the wall. They claim they’re too busy to send someone over right now, but an officer will come first thing tomorrow.
>>
No. 1023662 ID: 8483cf

How dare they. Don't they know that you ARE the law?
>>
No. 1023666 ID: 0838d6

Reveal your former job, police commissioner, they take it very seriously and tell you they'll be there in 2 days now.

Be sad, enter the other room
>>
No. 1023668 ID: e72f06

Go to the police station and kick their asses for underperforming on doing their duty.
>>
No. 1023669 ID: eedbeb
File 164506623551.png - (28.97KB , 500x500 , u7.png )
1023669

>Claim to be a police commissioner
The operator laughs and tells Mike he’ll just have to be patient.

>Go to the police station
That’s a good idea. Mike exits his apartment, making sure to take his key with him. Being on the first floor, he’s close to the lobby.
>>
No. 1023670 ID: eedbeb
File 164506624624.png - (44.85KB , 500x500 , u8.png )
1023670

Mike spots some kind of barricade at the apartment exit. There’s caution tape everywhere and the triggering sounds of construction.

Archie the property manager is sitting at the front desk, reading a magazine.

“Hey, what’s going on here?” Mike asks.

“Construction on all the apartment exits. Sorry, it should be done by tomorrow.” the man says. He’s wearing a sturdy looking full body protective suit.
>>
No. 1023671 ID: 629f2e

Since the exit's are blocked, illegally use the apartment's entrances as an exit.
>>
No. 1023674 ID: 8a51ec

Ask him how the hell he's possibly expected to take that suit off for bathroom breaks.
>>
No. 1023675 ID: 8483cf

This guy looks pretty SUSpicious.
>>
No. 1023676 ID: c92a02

...Can I have one of those suits? Why do you need one?
>>
No. 1023685 ID: eedbeb
File 164506999964.png - (27.09KB , 500x500 , u9.png )
1023685

>Attempt to exit
Mike walks over to the barricade. It’s solid wood, and too tall to climb. He quickly gives up.

>Suit
“Why are you wearing that suit?” Mike asks.

“Asbestos.” Archie immediately replies. “This building’s old enough that when they do construction the air isn’t safe to breathe long term. You should be ok since you’re just passing through.”
>>
No. 1023686 ID: eedbeb
File 164507000462.png - (31.37KB , 500x500 , u10.png )
1023686

“So you take it off to use the bathroom, right?”

“Oh yeah, of course.” Archie rustles his magazine. “Do you need anything? Apartment giving you any trouble?”
>>
No. 1023691 ID: 8a51ec

You've got somewhere to be and aren't currently allowed to leave, for one.
>>
No. 1023693 ID: ce39da

Anything stopping you from leaving via window? I mean, the drop, for one, but I'm sure you can scrap together a solution to that if you went looking.
>>
No. 1023694 ID: e72f06

Prove your natural superiority by finishing the job much faster and better than him.
>>
No. 1023697 ID: 96c896

This is in violation of fire safety laws!
>>
No. 1023698 ID: afe7de

There has to be fire escapes so you can leave! Go find one! or ask why they are also under construction. Is this the TRUMAN show? are you being watched, will you all go insane AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

just kidding, you're fine, go take a dump or something while you figure out what you're even going to do.
>>
No. 1023699 ID: c92a02

Uhh, yeah, my neighbor busted a hole in my wall by banging it with a hammer all night long. Then they hit me with the hammer. It was very rude and they're the only one at fault.
>>
No. 1023723 ID: eedbeb
File 164514035242.png - (30.44KB , 500x500 , u11.png )
1023723

"Well my biggest problem is that I have somewhere to be but I can't leave." Mike says waspishly.

"I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, but there's nothing I can do." Archie replies.

>Fire
Mike ponders the construction for a moment. "Isn't this against fire codes? How are we supposed to evacuate if there's an emergency?"

Archie puts down his magazine on the desk and turns to look at Mike with his blank helmet.
"You're right, this is very illegal and unsafe. Let's hope there isn't a fire today."
>>
No. 1023724 ID: eedbeb
File 164514036490.png - (24.93KB , 500x500 , u12.png )
1023724

>Paranoia
Mike squints at the walls to look for hidden cameras recording his reaction for some online prank compilation. He sees the standard security cams facing the door, but nothing else.
>>
No. 1023725 ID: eedbeb
File 164514037484.png - (30.73KB , 500x500 , u13.png )
1023725

>Neighbor
"Last night my neighbor made a big hole in my bedroom wall. She even hit me with her hammer when I tried to get her to stop."

Archie tilts his head at this. "That's terrible, I'm sorry. I can have a word with her and work on fixing the hole if you'd like. I have some spare construction supplies in my apartment."

That's right, Archie is Mike's other neighbor in apartment 1.
>>
No. 1023726 ID: c92a02

What if, perhaps, we used these construction supplies to build a new way out of the apartment..? Delightfully devilish, Mike.
>>
No. 1023727 ID: afe7de

If you're on the first floor, there's a window in your room, can't you just open it and leave? How big is the drop? Or is this one of those apartments where the windows are just like glued and bolted in there so there's no escape without more apartment damage.

Actually Archie being kind of okay with property damage like a hole in the wall caused by a dresser is kind of.... sus.

Accuse him of being an imposter before running away and venting to electrical!
>>
No. 1023728 ID: 96c896

>>1023725
Hey that's an invite into a new apartment. Let's accept and snoop.
>>
No. 1023729 ID: eedbeb
File 164514208604.png - (29.77KB , 500x500 , u14.png )
1023729

>Extreme need to leave building
“Sure. Whatever.” Mike balls his fist and backs out of the lobby. “Gimme a second to just. Check something in my apartment.”

He heads back to his bedroom and examines his window. It’s a solid piece of glass and quite thick. If Mike wants to bash it open he’ll need a strong blunt object. Like a hammer.
>>
No. 1023730 ID: eedbeb
File 164514209394.png - (29.04KB , 500x500 , u15.png )
1023730

Window plan foiled, Mike returns to Archie and the two go to apartment 1. It’s virtually identical to Mike’s own, down to the furniture and the dinky kitchenette. Mike doesn’t have time to examine everything closely.

Archie gets some wood planks and gypsum board from a closet and they return to Mike’s bedroom.

“Whoa. That’s a pretty big hole.” Archie says.
>>
No. 1023731 ID: eedbeb
File 164514210252.png - (35.21KB , 500x500 , u16.png )
1023731

“It was her fault, take it out of her deposit.” Mike mutters.

It takes the rest of the afternoon for Archie to fix the hole. Mike goes to the living room and watches porn on his computer while Archie works.

Mike has lost access to apartment 3.
>>
No. 1023732 ID: c92a02

Order a hammer online. Have it delivered by throwing it through your window.
>>
No. 1023733 ID: eedbeb
File 164514285436.png - (27.03KB , 500x500 , u17.png )
1023733

Mike orders a hammer online. The estimated delivery date is tomorrow.
>>
No. 1023734 ID: 96c896

Check to see if you can get into someone else's apartment.
>>
No. 1023735 ID: c92a02

That's easy to get around, just set your system clock a day ahead.
>>
No. 1023737 ID: 629f2e

Maybe you have a neighbor you can borrow a hammer from? The cute girl next door certainly owns one.
>>
No. 1023739 ID: eedbeb
File 164514789946.png - (23.29KB , 500x500 , u18.png )
1023739

>Set the system clock a day ahead
Mike does this, to no effect.

Mike bids Archie farewell, then after a light dinner of quesadillas and pasta sauce, emerges to check the other apartments.

There are five apartments on the first floor, numbered 1-5. All doors are currently closed and all have a single lock.
>>
No. 1023740 ID: afe7de

Do you have a favorite neighbor? go talk to them! If not, bother neighbor in..... 4 about what they think about the construction
>>
No. 1023742 ID: 96c896

>>1023739
Knock on all of them.
>>
No. 1023744 ID: eedbeb
File 164514950422.png - (21.28KB , 500x500 , u19.png )
1023744

>Knock on all doors
Mike skips 1 and 2, and starts on 3, home of the hammer girl. The door cracks open and the girl stares at him. She quickly pushes up her sleeve to glance at her forearm and Mike sees she has deep cuts up her skin.
>>
No. 1023745 ID: 8a51ec

Apologize for the whole "unlikely feat of human strength" thing that happened.
>>
No. 1023746 ID: 96c896

"The fuck is that"
>>
No. 1023748 ID: eedbeb
File 164515141117.png - (28.62KB , 500x500 , u20.png )
1023748

“The fuck is wrong with your arm?” Mike asks.

She glares at him, pursing her lips at his harsh tone. “No need to be an asshole, man. These are my notes.”

She shows him where she’s carved “2R” into her skin. There’s a bunch of other shorthand scrawled in jagged cuts that Mike also doesn’t understand.
>>
No. 1023749 ID: eedbeb
File 164515141883.png - (31.74KB , 500x500 , u21.png )
1023749

“Okay? What does that mean?”

The girl wavers for a moment. “Well, 2 is for you, since you live in that apartment. ‘R’ is something really important, but I forgot what. Do you need something?”
>>
No. 1023753 ID: afe7de

Why were you hammering against the wall of my room? Also do you own two rooms?
>>
No. 1023760 ID: c92a02

If I get you some real paper to take real notes will you stop banging on my god damn wall at 3 AM?
>>
No. 1023778 ID: eedbeb
File 164515773052.png - (28.12KB , 500x500 , u22.png )
1023778

“Maybe 2R stands for…two rooms.” Mike says thoughtfully.

The girl frowns. “I literally said the 2 means you.”

“Whatever, can you tell me why you were hammering on my wall last night? I was trying to sleep.”

“Oh, sorry about that.” The girl does not look sorry at all. “I was trying to see if I could send myself messages using patterns of holes. I’m running out of skin.”
>>
No. 1023779 ID: eedbeb
File 164515774538.png - (31.51KB , 500x500 , u23.png )
1023779

Mike sighs. “If I get you some paper, will you stop banging on the goddam walls?”

“That would be great! Do you mind if we stay together? You can cut some reminders for yourself too in case we get separated.” the girl gushes.
>>
No. 1023782 ID: 96c896

So this is a Memento situation then? To confirm, ask why she needs to go to such extreme measures. Is there something wrong with her memory?
What if it's not 2R but 2|2?

Get her some paper.
>>
No. 1023787 ID: eedbeb
File 164515934731.png - (32.44KB , 500x500 , u24.png )
1023787

>Paper
The only paper Mike has knowledge of is the magazine he saw Archie reading this morning. He supposes toilet paper could work too, though he only has weak two ply garbage.

The way the girl’s been talking about reminders makes Mike suspicious. “What’s wrong with your memory?”
>>
No. 1023788 ID: eedbeb
File 164515935636.png - (35.96KB , 500x500 , u25.png )
1023788

The girl pulls up her other sleeve to reveal a grotesque tally. There are countless lines, some older and partially healed, others still fresh. “I’m not sure exactly, but at some point I started leaving these marks. I put a new one there every morning but I can only remember making the most recent one. It’s like the others were always there.”

She shrugs. “We’ve never met before, right? I think everyone here has the same problem, they just don’t know it.”
>>
No. 1023789 ID: afe7de

Have you been trapped here? This whole time? The construction going on forever? What's the last thing you remember?
>>
No. 1023794 ID: 96c896

Oh hell. That means this is a time loop. Paper probably won't help. Does she have any indication that anything carries over aside from marks on her body?

Ask if she checked her body for marks on her back, or other places she can't see without a mirror.

Also, check yourself for marks. Consider making a T somewhere.
>>
No. 1023806 ID: a2493c

>>1023794
if it was a time loop, the wounds wouldn't stay. this means that it's an AMNESIA loop.
>>
No. 1023809 ID: eedbeb
File 164519746872.png - (22.85KB , 500x500 , u26.png )
1023809

>Amnesia loop, START
Mike has gained awareness of the mysterious amnesia that afflicts the residents of the apartment. The last thing he can remember, besides general knowledge about life basics, is waking up from the hammering the previous night.

Mike will begin to forget things that happened more than 20 hours ago, which will be noted in relevant updates.
>>
No. 1023810 ID: eedbeb
File 164519748021.png - (26.87KB , 500x500 , u27.png )
1023810

>Check for marks
Mike turns away from the girl so he can check his arms for marks. He doesn’t see any.

“Do you have knife or something?”

The girl hands Mike a very sharp nail, which he uneasily uses to write a ‘T’ as small as possible on his arm.
>>
No. 1023812 ID: 53560f

Well, if getting banged with a hammer is why we can remember any of this then the obvious solution is to bang each other. For now let’s save this well thought out plan for when we’re ready for the next loop.
>>
No. 1023813 ID: eedbeb
File 164519965933.png - (20.36KB , 500x500 , u28.png )
1023813

To clarify, it’s not really a loop. Mike only remembers the past 20 hours at all time. He’s constantly forgetting things that happened outside of this time range.
>>
No. 1023814 ID: dd40ce

Go see if there's an ink pen or a carpentry pencil anywhere. Writing on the walls with a pencil or writing on skin with a pen is a lot better than scarification and hammering holes in the wall.
>>
No. 1023815 ID: 0838d6

a Pen is a good idea. Since you didn't have any in your room, try the next room!

Or go to Archie and ask for a pen and paper since he has construction tools, he must have measuring stuff and things for taking down those measurements.
>>
No. 1023816 ID: eedbeb
File 164520902016.png - (35.85KB , 500x500 , u29.png )
1023816

>Pen
Archie must have a pen, or some kind of writing utensil. Mike can go to him immediately or check apartments 4 and 5 first.
>>
No. 1023817 ID: 8a51ec

The people in apartments 4 and 5 are probably completely unaware of this amnesia thing, and would think you're a goddamn nutjob if you tried explaining it. Let's go talk to them!
>>
No. 1023818 ID: eedbeb
File 164521390053.png - (23.35KB , 500x500 , u30.png )
1023818

>Apartment 4
Mike knocks but no one comes. He thinks he can hear heavy breathing on the other side of the door.
>>
No. 1023819 ID: eedbeb
File 164521391138.png - (23.61KB , 500x500 , u31.png )
1023819

>Apartment 5
A very thin man answers the door when Mike knocks. Mike explains the amnesia situation and that they’re trapped in the apartment by the supposed construction.

The man doesn’t seem very interested in what Mike has to say. He replies that Mike might not as well tell him if he’ll forget tomorrow.
>>
No. 1023820 ID: 96c896

>>1023819
Ok fine.
Let's go talk to Archie. Find out if he can remember things. If he can, then the suit might be protecting him, which would mean it's an environmental cause.
>>
No. 1023821 ID: 0838d6

Are there other floors of the apartments? Go get that paper from Archie first before doing anything else. Maybe you already left notes on it?
>>
No. 1023822 ID: 894419

>>1023819
Well maybe you could help me find a way out? Do you have anything that could be used as a tool to break out? Like a hammer, or an axe, or a gun? Also why is archie wearing body armor?
>>
No. 1023827 ID: eedbeb
File 164521866823.png - (29.27KB , 500x500 , u32.png )
1023827

Mike asks the man if he has any useful tools or weapons. The man shakes his head and retreats into his apartment.

>Other floors?
Mike spots a door marked with a staircase at the end of the corridor, just past apartment 5. He assumes it goes to the second floor. It also has a lock on it.
>>
No. 1023828 ID: eedbeb
File 164521867625.png - (24.89KB , 500x500 , u33.png )
1023828

>Archie
The girl follows Mike as he strides over to apartment 1. She seems pleased to have company.

A stiff rap of his knuckles on the door summons Archie, who’s still wearing his protective suit. Mike notices there’s a security chain on the door.
>>
No. 1023829 ID: eedbeb
File 164521868398.png - (30.11KB , 500x500 , u34.png )
1023829

“Hi Mike.” Archie peers through the crack in the door and spots the girl behind him. “Oh. Uh oh.”

“We need some paper, and a pen.” Mike says firmly.

“Sorry, don’t have either of those. Digital age and all that.” Archie stammers.
>>
No. 1023830 ID: 96c896

Ask him how many days the construction has been going on.
>>
No. 1023831 ID: eedbeb
File 164522067314.png - (27.54KB , 500x500 , u35.png )
1023831

Mike narrows his eyes. “How many days has the construction been going, Archie?”

“Just one. We’d never keep the exits blocked for too long, the residents would be very upset.” Archie says.

“I think he’s lying.” the girl says.
>>
No. 1023834 ID: 0838d6

>>1023831
Ask why he hasnt taken off his suit if he's in his room anyway, You bet he looks absolutely handsome under that suit and would love to see him.

[FLIRT MODE ENGAGED]
>>
No. 1023835 ID: 96c896

>>1023831
We're very upset, Archie.
>>
No. 1023843 ID: 53560f

>>1023834
Obviously we should offer to help him take it off.
>>
No. 1023870 ID: eedbeb
File 164523654409.png - (21.36KB , 500x500 , u36.png )
1023870

>Seduce
“Hey Archie, I’m sure you’re a very handsome man under there.” Mike says coaxingly. “Why don’t you take off your suit so you can relax? There isn’t any asbestos in your room, is there?”

Archie tries to close the door, but Mike jams his foot in the gap. “I’ll even help you take it off buddy! Pay you back for fixing my wall earlier.”
>>
No. 1023871 ID: eedbeb
File 164523655192.png - (46.07KB , 500x500 , u37.png )
1023871

The man screams in terror and slams on the door in full body desperation, a painful fate for Mike’s foot.
>>
No. 1023872 ID: 96c896

Fuck it, just kick the damn door down. With your other foot.
Or break through the wall from your room...
>>
No. 1023873 ID: 0838d6

Leave, be sad, say you don't get why he's acting like that unless he has something to hide. Get THE GIRL, whose name you should probably ask, to watch the door as you go check Archie's desk.

Maybe the KEY or something is there. Wonder just how much of this you've already done.
>>
No. 1023883 ID: eedbeb
File 164524102449.png - (40.00KB , 500x500 , u38.png )
1023883

A familiar helpless rage burns within Mike, and with a roar he kicks through the cheap wood door. Archie shrieks and backs away as Mike breaks himself an opening and advances into the apartment.
>>
No. 1023884 ID: 8a51ec

WE CALL THIS A DIFFICULTY TWEAK
I mean uhh, restrain him. Nonviolently. Definitely nonviolently.
>>
No. 1023886 ID: c92a02

Breach the suit.
>>
No. 1023890 ID: 96c896

Don't damage the suit. Definitely threaten to. He's going to tell you what's causing everyone to forget, or else he's going to share the same fate.
>>
No. 1023894 ID: eedbeb
File 164524410824.png - (37.56KB , 500x500 , u39.png )
1023894

Mike tackles Archie to the ground and holds him in place with his powerful thighs. The girl slinks into the room, hammer and nail at the ready.

“Tell us what’s making everyone forget things or you’re getting popped.” Mike snarls.

“Okay, okay!” Archie takes a deep breath. “It’s a disease originating from this tower. We call it the Red Plague and we’re pretty sure it’s airborne so as long as I’m wearing this suit I won’t catch it.”
>>
No. 1023895 ID: eedbeb
File 164524414365.png - (33.96KB , 500x500 , u40.png )
1023895

The girl taps Mike on the shoulder. “Mind if I write on your back? You have a lot of space there and I think this is important enough.”

“Can we use pen and paper now?” Mike asks weakly.

The girl looks unconvinced. “I dunno. Up to you I guess.”
>>
No. 1023896 ID: 8a51ec

Use pen and paper now.
>>
No. 1023897 ID: afe7de

Pen and paper, writing it on your back is a no no.
>>
No. 1023898 ID: 96c896

Pen and paper seems like a better method. Writing on your body in pen is also possible, for information you want to make sure nobody can steal and then hide from you.

Ask Archie why it's called the Red Plague. Odd name for something that causes amnesia.
Wait, they're "pretty sure"? How much have they researched it? Also why are they making excuses to the tenants instead of just telling them they're in quarantine?
>>
No. 1023900 ID: eedbeb
File 164524806195.png - (31.79KB , 500x500 , u41.png )
1023900

“Pen and paper.” Mike repeats firmly. “Search the apartment.”
The girl quickly finds a notepad and a ballpoint pen, and returns to Mike’s side to take notes.

“Can you let me go now?” Archie asks in a small voice.

“No, I have more questions.” Mike gets himself nice and comfortable on Archie’s chest. “Why do you call it the Red Plague? Who’s this ‘we’ you’re talking about?”
>>
No. 1023901 ID: eedbeb
File 164524807587.png - (33.78KB , 500x500 , u42.png )
1023901

“When this tower manifested, it was surrounded by a red miasma.” Archie tries to wiggle himself into a more comfortable position. “I wasn’t there at the time, so I don’t have specifics. I was recruited by the government agency that deals with these sort of things.”

He attempts to shrug. “We quarantined the area and most of what they know about you guys is from my predecessors’ reports of the first floor. Nobody dares to go any higher.”

It’s late in the evening. Mike is starting to forget his encounter with the girl last night.
>>
No. 1023907 ID: 96c896

Wait, "you guys"? You were here when the tower appeared?!

Well, if they don't want to explore higher, you will! Tell him you want some exploration-related equipment as compensation for lying to you for who knows how many days. How many days was it, anyway?
>>
No. 1023910 ID: 96c896

Oh, important things to write down:
1, memory is limited to the last 20 hours.
2, the tower is under quarantine to contain the "Red Plague" that causes amnesia.
3, you're quite strong, may be fueled by anger.
4, the T mark is a test to see if it stays.

...do you need to eat, drink, other biological functions?
>>
No. 1023923 ID: 53560f

Does the disease stop affecting people once they leave the influence of the red plague. And what’s so scary about the upper floors?
>>
No. 1023946 ID: eedbeb
File 164528441404.png - (43.33KB , 500x500 , u43.png )
1023946

“’You guys’? Were we here when the tower appeared?” Mike asks sharply.

“Well when ordinary people are infected they’re forced to go into the tower. I don’t know about you in particular but there are definitely other things here.” Archie shudders. “I think there’s one in apartment 4, but I’ve never seen it.”

The girl is scribbling furiously, and Mike trusts she’s writing down everything important.
>>
No. 1023947 ID: eedbeb
File 164528442144.png - (38.31KB , 500x500 , u44.png )
1023947

“Okay, couple more questions. Is there a cure for the Red Plague? Do we need to eat and drink like normal? How many days have we actually been here?”

Archie shakes his head. “No cure, and you don’t need nearly as much food or water as a normal human, I refresh your food supplies once in a while. And er, I’ve been deployed for almost a year and things have been mostly stable except in the past few months when Jennifer started cutting herself and I couldn’t stop her from retaining information.”
>>
No. 1023948 ID: eedbeb
File 164528442901.png - (30.21KB , 500x500 , u45.png )
1023948

>Explore
It sounds like the best course of action is to explore the higher floors. There’s nothing to do here except slowly forget everything they just learned. Mike assumes Archie will try to steal back the notebook at some point and then they’ll be back at square one.

Archie offers a selection of hand tools and a backpack for carrying equipment.
>>
No. 1023954 ID: ce39da

"I mean, I get that we need to be contained. We're not jackasses, but I get why you want us to not know much and risk us being jackasses who want to get out anyway. Still, considering that we plan on searching the tower to try and fix this, having something to remind us of the general score is important for keeping us on track. I assume there's something BAD about the Red Plague we need to monitor ourselves for while we're up there? Also, how many floors are there?"

Take all the stuff, make plans to check on Room 5 first. Room 4 sounds like a wash.

"Oh, one more thing; I called the police about... something(?) last night, so that's just a heads-up in case they actually took a call from this address seriously."
>>
No. 1023957 ID: a2493c

>>1023954
yeah pretty much, if we're infectious we don't wanna be putting this hell on other people. I mean shit, our buddy is out here carving their skin.
>>
No. 1023958 ID: eedbeb
File 164528919856.png - (34.60KB , 500x500 , u46.png )
1023958

“Why do you keep information from us?” Mike asks, once he’s stepped to the other side of the broken door.

Archie rubs the back of his helmet. “You forget, no matter what. If you retain scraps it’s enough to get you riled up and then I’m in danger.”
>>
No. 1023959 ID: eedbeb
File 164528920696.png - (31.34KB , 500x500 , u47.png )
1023959

“How many floors does this place have?”

Archie quivers. “That’s a good question.”

“I called the police earlier.” Mike adds.

“No you didn’t, all calls from your phones are redirected to our agency. We also reset your laptops every night so you can’t leave digital files.”

Well that’s not a very reassuring thought. Mike regroups with the girl, aka Jennifer, in the hallway.
>>
No. 1023961 ID: eedbeb
File 164528921375.png - (22.03KB , 500x500 , u48.png )
1023961

>Room 5?
Mike already checked this room. The man inside was not interested in Mike’s explanation.

>Room 4?
There’s some kind of monster in there.

Mike has forgotten the events of last night.
>>
No. 1023981 ID: 0838d6

Check Jennifer's notes, will they be useful to you? Or will you end up just being her slave when your memory wipes? Might be good to take and keep your own shorthand notes somewhere on you just in case.
>>
No. 1024001 ID: 96c896

Make a note to remind you to secure the door of whatever room has the notebook, every night. Pushing the dresser in front of the door would work.

Let's go up the stairs and see what's on the next floor.
>>
No. 1024011 ID: eedbeb
File 164530615196.png - (30.13KB , 500x500 , u49.png )
1024011

>Notes
Mike checks the notes. There’re an honest summary of what Archie just said. Jennifer is happy to share the notebook whenever Mike wants. She’ll keep it with her at all times, though she’ll have to sleep at some point.

>Staircase
Mike goes to the end of the hallway and attempts to open the staircase door. It’s firmly locked.
>>
No. 1024014 ID: 629f2e

Knock and ask to be let in.
>>
No. 1024021 ID: 96c896

Ask Archie for the keys. If there are none, you might have to break the door.
>>
No. 1024023 ID: eedbeb
File 164531213270.png - (23.64KB , 500x500 , u50.png )
1024023

>Key
Mike huffs and goes to apartment 1 to ask for a key. Archie says he doesn’t have anything for the stairs, and Mike returns to the stubborn door, fuming.

>Knock
Mike knocks firmly on the door. Nothing happens.

Not to be discouraged, Mike knocks a bit more firmly, splintering the wood.
>>
No. 1024024 ID: eedbeb
File 164531213997.png - (34.91KB , 500x500 , u51.png )
1024024

A clown’s painted face appears in the little window set in the door. He looks very upset.

“Can you let me in?” Mike asks.

The clown shakes his head and frowns.
>>
No. 1024026 ID: e51896

Break the window and HONK THE NOOOOOOOOOSE! DO IT! GODDAMN IT! DO IT!
>>
No. 1024030 ID: 96c896

>>1024024
Why NOT
>>
No. 1024045 ID: 0838d6

TaLk LiKe A cLoWn, maybe he understands talk that way? If not, glance inside his room, if you see nothing, move on. No need to break into every room, might as well keep going till you encounter someone you can talk to.
>>
No. 1024083 ID: eedbeb
File 164533131702.png - (45.83KB , 500x500 , u52.png )
1024083

The allure of the clown’s red nose is too strong. Mike punches through the glass, ignoring the deep gouges the sharp edges leave in his skin, and grabs hold of the bulbous prize, giving it a generous squeeze.

The clown screams with rage and sprouts needle sharp teeth which he sinks into Mike’s flesh. They violently disengage.
>>
No. 1024084 ID: eedbeb
File 164533132555.png - (35.12KB , 500x500 , u53.png )
1024084

Mike has angered the clown! Should he find a way to access the stairs, he’ll have to wait 20 hours for the clown to forget about his transgression to actually use them.
>>
No. 1024089 ID: 96c896

Fighting the clown is not an option?
Oh well. Where else can we go? Gotta blow 20 hours.
>>
No. 1024090 ID: e51896

WORTH!

1024084

>Mike has angered the clown! Should he find a way to access the stairs, he’ll have to wait 20 hours for the clown to forget about his transgression to actually use them.

Why?

anyway, if we can't clown around at the stairs, we can probably go find a way inside apartment 4, resident probably ain't as bad as clown. Have we checked if the door is unlocked?
>>
No. 1024101 ID: eedbeb
File 164536870954.png - (30.27KB , 500x500 , u54.png )
1024101

>Fight clown
Mike is welcome to try.

>Where else can Mike go?
On the first floor, Mike has not opened apartment 4 or broken a window to get outside the tower.

He tries the handle of 4’s door, and finds that it is locked.
>>
No. 1024103 ID: e51896

Okay, let break a window again to escape, and find another window once outside to get into apartment 4.

Lets use something like the backpack to break the window open this time
>>
No. 1024197 ID: eedbeb
File 164546305182.png - (38.18KB , 500x500 , u55.png )
1024197

>Break window
Mike selects his own window in apartment 2 for destruction. Armed to the teeth with blunt metal objects, he sets about smashing through the thick layer of glass to create a large enough opening to step through.
>>
No. 1024198 ID: eedbeb
File 164546305803.png - (32.81KB , 500x500 , u56.png )
1024198

Jennifer gets the door after a series of rapid fire knocks.

“What the fuck?” Archie looks aghast at what Mike is doing, but is smart enough not to intervene. “Man, what are you doing, I’m going to have to fix that!”

“We’re seeing what’s outside the building.” Mike explains calmly.

“The whole place is walled in, there’s no point.”
>>
No. 1024199 ID: eedbeb
File 164546307931.png - (17.91KB , 500x500 , u57.png )
1024199

Mike ignores Archie and completes his window thrashing. With a careful hop, he makes it to the dirt on the outside, Jennifer following soon after.

Sure enough, the alley wall is actually part of an enormous concrete barrier. Mike walks the circumference of the apartment and sees that they’re sealed in on all sides, with a few sturdy steel gates the government presumably uses to transfer supplies.
>>
No. 1024201 ID: e51896

Cool, so lets find the window that belongs to apartment 4 to peek into. If there is anyone inside, we can communicate with the pen and paper.

Also, all sides are closed off including the ceiling?
>>
No. 1024205 ID: afe7de

>>1024201
Look up too, is there a big ol fog or mist? Can we see the sun?

After that head back inside and make sure Archie hasn’t stolen the notebook, why is he even trying to keep you from remembering anyway, isn’t it better for you to try to figure it out instead of being trapped forever?
>>
No. 1024206 ID: eedbeb
File 164547397880.png - (23.85KB , 500x500 , u58.png )
1024206

>Look up
It’s night, so it’s a little hard to see, but judging from the light from the upper floor windows and the hint of stars in the small section of sky, Mike estimates the wall is just under four stories high.

Mike has discovered a possible escape route! If he gets to the fourth floor and finds some way to bridge the gap, he can get over the wall. He makes sure Jennifer notes down what they’ve found.
>>
No. 1024207 ID: eedbeb
File 164547398740.png - (36.19KB , 500x500 , u59.png )
1024207

>Apartment 4 window
There’s no one in the bedroom, which looks like Mike’s own except with a dresser. Mike knocks politely on the glass to alert the inhabitant.

A bizarre creature charges into the room to stare at Mike. It has large antlers and a long, skull like face. It follows Mike’s every movement with its red eyes.

Mike and Jennifer need to sleep soon.
>>
No. 1024215 ID: d9b049

Ask her to write down: do NOT honk clown nose while she's at it.

Then ask to borrow the paper and pen and use that to communicate with skull, write "hi, need help?" And show it to them.
>>
No. 1024220 ID: afe7de

Sleep in shifts, use dresser to block door, make sure Archie isn't there when you do. Probably bring both beds into one room, not your room since you broke the window lmao.
>>
No. 1024224 ID: eedbeb
File 164548335717.png - (35.84KB , 500x500 , u60.png )
1024224

>Clown nose notes?
It can be assumed Jennifer has recorded everything notable since she’s obtained the notebook.

>Write message
Mike waves at the skull monster and shows it a piece of paper with ‘hi, need help?’ written on it. It does not respond.
>>
No. 1024225 ID: eedbeb
File 164548336634.png - (37.78KB , 500x500 , u61.png )
1024225

>Sleep
With nothing else to do, Mike and Jennifer go back inside and head to apartment 3 to rest. Mike is surprised to see two dressers in Jennifer’s room, and they barricade the door and window while they sleep in shifts.

>Morning
The next morning Mike has forgotten his conversation with Archie in the lobby, and all his observations there. He refreshes himself on Jennifer’s identity and the notes they’ve recorded.

There’s a major mechanic yet to be discovered. Mike will need to find it to progress.
>>
No. 1024229 ID: 0838d6

What if you just... reached out and touched the major mechanic, thus figuring out what it was!
>>
No. 1024231 ID: 96c896

I bet if you die you come back. Ask Archie if any of the residents have died yet.
>>
No. 1024233 ID: 0838d6

Actual suggestion though:

1. Check for cameras just in case
2. Keep a backup note somewhere in the room, something that if you lose the notebook you won't lose ALL progress.
>>
No. 1024234 ID: c92a02

Maybe the mechanic lives in a room on a different floor.
>>
No. 1024235 ID: a70a13

Is there a way for one of us to get a suit from Archie that allows one of us to stay free from the Plague?

Have we already hunted at the new mechanic?
>>
No. 1024239 ID: eedbeb
File 164549401622.png - (34.35KB , 500x500 , u62.png )
1024239

>Death?
Mike doesn’t remember dying or being close to death. He heads to the lobby to ask Archie some questions.

Archie replies shortly that if people with the Red Plague could die, it would save him a lot of trouble. Apparently it doesn’t stick and the people wake up in their apartments soon after.

Archie also warns Mike that if he keeps smashing things, Archie will be forced to sedate him.
>>
No. 1024240 ID: eedbeb
File 164549402263.png - (19.58KB , 500x500 , u63.png )
1024240

>Check for cameras
Mike squints at the walls to look for hidden cameras recording his reaction for some online prank compilation. He sees the standard security cams facing the door, but nothing else.

>Backup note?
Jennifer’s body is the backup.
>>
No. 1024241 ID: eedbeb
File 164549403223.png - (34.28KB , 500x500 , u64.png )
1024241

>Suit from Archie?
Archie has stated that the plague is incurable. Mike and Jennifer are already infected.

>What’s left?
Mike feels like he needs to get inside apartment 4. So far he’s brute forced his way through most obstacles, which is not the intended strategy.
>>
No. 1024247 ID: ce39da

... You could also ask Archie if there are any Red Plague mechanics you're missing, here, because there's a clown at the stairs who's really not cooperating.

Meanwhile... have you tried knocking politely at Apartment 4?
>>
No. 1024249 ID: 96c896

We tried knocking politely already.
Try talking to the creature through the door? Offer your blood maybe?
>>
No. 1024250 ID: eedbeb
File 164549954726.png - (24.87KB , 500x500 , u65.png )
1024250

>Knock?
Mike knocked on the door the previous evening. It is locked, and the monster inside can’t or won’t unlock it.

>Examine
Mike looks at the lock. It’s the same as the locks on the other doors. Hm…4 really do be a number, don’t it? A number divisible by 2.
>>
No. 1024251 ID: 629f2e

Why not ask Jennifer if she can think of a way inside? She came up with cutting notes onto her body, she's clearly not an idiot.
>>
No. 1024254 ID: 96c896

Why would the number be important?
Let's do something stupid! Switch the numbers around on the doors. Or put more than one digit on a door, why not.
>>
No. 1024257 ID: eedbeb
File 164550344364.png - (28.17KB , 500x500 , u66.png )
1024257

>Phone a friend
“Hey, do you have any idea of how to get in here?” Mike asks Jennifer, who is waiting patiently nearby.

“Oh sure, we should unlock the door with a key if we can.” she says.

“We don’t have the key to apartment 4.” Mike slaps the number on the door in frustration, and jumps when it wiggles under his fingers.
>>
No. 1024258 ID: eedbeb
File 164550345158.png - (32.40KB , 500x500 , u67.png )
1024258

The black shape swims in Mike’s vision, then rearranges itself into the number 100.

“You have the key to apartment 2 and I have the key to apartment 3.” Jennifer continues, unbothered by Mike’s rudeness. She steps up to the door and inserts her key in the lock. “Hm, nope, my key doesn’t work.”

Mike has a sneaking suspicion there’s some math bullshit going on here.
>>
No. 1024261 ID: 094652

Okay I _think_ I know what happened.
Did Mike accidentally slap the door number twice with his five fingers? 4*5*5 = 100

Slap the keys a few times. Slap the door with the keys.
>>
No. 1024262 ID: 96c896

>>1024258
uh
Ok, slap one of the other door numbers.
>>
No. 1024263 ID: 629f2e

TAP one of the other door numbers, use only one finger, then try two.
>>
No. 1024265 ID: c92a02

Slap all the numbers. And Archie too.
>>
No. 1024275 ID: eedbeb
File 164557231187.png - (23.21KB , 500x500 , u68.png )
1024275

>Touch numbers
Mike touches all the apartment numbers. It doesn’t matter how many fingers he uses. The final list is 1, 10, 11, 100, and 101. They don’t change when he touches them again.
>>
No. 1024276 ID: eedbeb
File 164557231774.png - (30.04KB , 500x500 , u69.png )
1024276

Stuck once more, Mike returns to apartment 100 to lament his ill fortune.

"This doesn't make any sense!" Mike sobs. "I don't even like math, why must I suffer?"

Mike collapses on the floor, an utter mess. He hears the click of heels on the floor and looks up.

A very large woman is standing over him, in a kind of cosmic backdrop. Mike stays perfectly still as she reaches down to pick him up, and brings him to her bosom.
>>
No. 1024277 ID: eedbeb
File 164557232576.png - (38.73KB , 500x500 , u70.png )
1024277

"You poor thing, let me try to explain. The numbers changed because you're base is in apartment 2. When you interact with numbers that appear to you normally in base 10, the number changes to fit your base. 100 in base 2 is still 4 in base 10!"

The warm bosom of the woman is very compelling. Mike keeps listening.

"That's not all, 2 is a very special number. A prime number! 4 is a composite number, which means it has other factors. You'll notice your friend Jennifer is also in possession of a prime number, but her key didn't work on apartment 4 because 3 isn't one of 4's factors."

"I think I understand. Thank you momm—Thank you ma'am." Mike stutters.
>>
No. 1024278 ID: eedbeb
File 164557233209.png - (32.01KB , 500x500 , u71.png )
1024278

The giant woman gently pats Mike on the head. "You're a sweet boy, try not to overthink things. I'll send you back now."

Mike bursts like a water balloon full of blood and wakes up on the ground in the hallway, Jennifer slapping his face.

"Ouch! I'm awake, stop it!" he complains. Mike sits up with renewed determination, bounteous knowledge overflowing in his mind after his meeting with God or whoever that was.

How does Mike unlock apartment 4?
>>
No. 1024279 ID: 629f2e

If Jennifer touches the number on door 4, does it turn into 11 (Base 3's 4: 1, 2, 10, 11? If so, then couldn't you use Jennifer's key to open it, since 3 in base 2 is written as "11"?
>>
No. 1024280 ID: a70a13

I THINK what we’re trying to do is change the apartment numbers into numbers that are Factors of our own?

Basically 10 and 100 are both divisible by 2, which means that we should be able to use our key on them?

I think??
>>
No. 1024281 ID: 96c896

>>1024280
That sounds right.
>>
No. 1024282 ID: a70a13

Alright we’ve been told details from…god or whatever.

Put key 2 in slot 4 plz.
>>
No. 1024284 ID: eedbeb
File 164557708957.png - (28.40KB , 500x500 , u72b.png )
1024284

>Insert tab A into slot B
Mike puts his key into apartment 4’s lock. It turns with a satisfying click.

There’s a low, threatening growl from behind the door.
>>
No. 1024309 ID: 96c896

>>1024284
Guess we should prepare for a fight.
>>
No. 1024346 ID: 0838d6

Realize in that moment you opened a door with a monster but that you don't have a weapon or way to fight and could have just investigated another floor. Oh well! Combat time!
>>
No. 1024374 ID: 19da02

As soon as the door opens, try to smooch the monster to confuse it.
>>
No. 1024391 ID: eedbeb
File 164565901072.png - (37.53KB , 500x500 , u73.png )
1024391

>Combat?
The monster inside apartment 4 is aggressive towards Mike, but the door isn't open quite yet and there's time to prepare.

Mike locks the door again and takes stock of his weapons. He and Jennifer have two hammers, a small wrench, a backpack, a pen, and paper. When he's upset or particularly driven, he can activate a super mode that gives him augmented strength.
>>
No. 1024392 ID: eedbeb
File 164565901586.png - (34.90KB , 500x500 , u74.png )
1024392

>Smooch?
Mike and Jennifer can easily defeat the monster with violence and need to decide what to do with it once it's defeated.
>>
No. 1024393 ID: 629f2e

Lock him in Archie's apartment. You'd put him in one of yours, but the big ol' hole means that'd take up two for the price of one.
>>
No. 1024396 ID: 96c896

>what do after it's defeated
Cut out its heart and eat it to gain power. Obviously.
Wait we don't have a cutting implement to do that with; I don't think the sharp nail will work. What a bummer. Maybe you could break its horns and see if they're sharp enough to cut it open?

Before that, see if you can interrogate it to find out information on the tower's purpose. Search the room regardless.

Combat plan is to bum rush it with hammers. You'll come back after death so- oh. I just realized there's one failure state. If both of you die, then the agents in control of the tower could pilfer the notebook from your bodies before you revive. I wonder how long it takes for you to revive?
>>
No. 1024401 ID: eedbeb
File 164566269029.png - (39.35KB , 500x500 , u75.png )
1024401

Mike unlocks the door and he and Jennifer jump the poor monster when it makes a bid for freedom. Their hammers are very effective against its brittle exterior, and they quickly smash its horns and skull.

The monster whimpers and collapses on the floor. Mike takes an experimental bite of its flesh, but doesn’t notice any increase in power.
>>
No. 1024402 ID: eedbeb
File 164566269863.png - (37.12KB , 500x500 , u76.png )
1024402

>Interrogate
The monster cannot speak any recognizable language.

>Archie
The monster is quite light, and Mike drags it over to where Archie is repairing his door down the hall. The suited man jumps in alarm at the strange sight.

“A gift for you.” Mike says sweetly.

“Hell no! I don’t want anything to do with that, put it back in its room!”
>>
No. 1024403 ID: 629f2e

Aw, now I feel bad for it, it's sad and weak. Bring the poor thing back to its room, tuck it into bed, and give it a kiss.

If the room has no bed give it yours. Where you're going, you won't need beds! (There'll probably be more on the higher floors.)
>>
No. 1024408 ID: eedbeb
File 164566661380.png - (30.30KB , 500x500 , u77.png )
1024408

>Feels bad man
The monster is so decrepit that Mike feels a sudden surge of pity. He drags it back to its apartment, which is virtually identical to Mike’s own, and tucks it into bed with a sweet kiss.

Mike has cleared floor 1! He can now take the stairs to floor 2 once the clown stops being mad in a few hours.
>>
No. 1024413 ID: 8a51ec

Well you've been smashing a whole lot of things lately so it wouldn't be very fair to leave Jennifer out.
>>
No. 1024416 ID: 96c896

>>1024408
Hey maybe the guy in room 5 wants to join you in your adventures, now that you have a way to prevent him from forgetting?
>>
No. 1024418 ID: eedbeb
File 164567576393.png - (37.61KB , 500x500 , u78.png )
1024418

>Smash Jennifer
Well, Mike’s got time to kill. He bites his lip sensually and waggles his eyebrows at Jennifer.

She nods to him politely.

Mike turns up the charm. “Do you want to have sex?”

Jennifer writes down something in the notebook. “Sure, why not.”
>>
No. 1024419 ID: eedbeb
File 164567578877.png - (25.06KB , 500x500 , u79.png )
1024419

After successfully burning an hour or so, Mike pulls his clothes back on and swaggers out of apartment 3.

Mike has forgotten how he met Jennifer, that he knocked on apartment 5, his interrogation of Archie, and the encounter with the clown. He reviews the notebook and sees the man in apartment 5 is ambivalent to their cause and the nature of their imprisonment.

It’d be useful to have the man for the floors ahead. How does Mike convince him? (There’s currently no way to stop the amnesia).
>>
No. 1024421 ID: 96c896

Hey bro wanna get swole and kill monsters with me?
>>
No. 1024426 ID: 2cfe46

Hey bro, apparently there's this amnesia thing going on but don't worry about that cause my buddy and I are here to personally invite YOU to come kick Monster ASS with us!
We are also trying to figure out how this place works and explore it but that's less important probably.
>>
No. 1024435 ID: a2493c

"You agreed last time I think but I've forgotten why, any clue what convinced you?"
>>
No. 1024512 ID: eedbeb
File 164574638763.png - (33.21KB , 500x500 , u80.png )
1024512

Mike knows exactly what to say. He knocks on the thin man’s door and flexes his attractive and large muscles when it opens.

“Hey bro, you wanna come with me to fight monsters and get super swole?”

There’s a beat where Mike wonders if he should have led with the amnesia thing first, but the thin man blushes and nods immediately.
>>
No. 1024513 ID: eedbeb
File 164574639496.png - (34.32KB , 500x500 , u81.png )
1024513

With his powerful, sexy party by his side, Mike makes a beeline for the stairs. When he tries the door, it’s no longer locked, and he ascends up a series of perfectly mundane concrete steps to the next floor, no clown in sight.
>>
No. 1024514 ID: eedbeb
File 164574641459.png - (27.95KB , 500x500 , u82.png )
1024514

>Floor 2
There are five doors numbered 6-10, arranged in an odd semicircle. The floor is covered in a thin layer of dirt and the air is warm and humid.
>>
No. 1024517 ID: 629f2e

Start in numerical order with Door 6. Knock and see who is home.
>>
No. 1024519 ID: ce39da

Let's try Door 9 with Jennifer's key. BTW, does the Door 5 guy have a name?
>>
No. 1024526 ID: 96c896

>>1024514
Hold up. New thing. What are the shapes on the doors?
>>
No. 1024541 ID: c92a02

Knock on door 7, you can't open this one yourself.
>>
No. 1024552 ID: eedbeb
File 164575364213.png - (32.55KB , 500x500 , u83.png )
1024552

>Shapes on doors?
The circles are door knobs and the squares are locks. 6 and 10 have two locks each, while the rest all have one.

>Thin guy name
He informs Mike and Jennifer that his name is Oscar.
>>
No. 1024553 ID: eedbeb
File 164575364995.png - (28.81KB , 500x500 , u84.png )
1024553

>Which door to try first?
Hmm, this is a hard choice. Mike knocks on 6 and puts his ear against the wood, but doesn’t hear anything.

>Door 9?
Jennifer could open this door, but there’s probably something nasty behind it.
>>
No. 1024554 ID: eedbeb
File 164575365739.png - (23.93KB , 500x500 , u85.png )
1024554

>Door 7
7 being a prime number, there’s probably a very nice and handsome lady or man behind it. Mike knocks, loud and assertively.

It takes a little while for anything to happen, but then the door opens to a strange sight.

There’s a person standing on a hill in the darkness. They blink and cover their face when the light of the hallway hits their oddly floppy ears.
>>
No. 1024557 ID: 8a51ec

Well, flirting's been working out great for you so far. Compliment the dog-person's canine features.
>>
No. 1024559 ID: ce39da

F L U F F Y
>>
No. 1024561 ID: eedbeb
File 164575881875.png - (30.90KB , 500x500 , u86.png )
1024561

A dog person! Mike doesn’t know if he had any pets in his previous, pre-Plague life, but he instinctively wants to compliment this individual.

“I like your fur.” Mike blurts out.

The dog peeks around his paws and speaks with a light southern accent. “Um, thank you kindly sir.”
>>
No. 1024562 ID: eedbeb
File 164575882436.png - (21.08KB , 500x500 , u87.png )
1024562

They stand for a moment in awkward silence.

“Have you been here long?” Mike asks, gesturing to the wilderness behind the dog.

“Oh! Just a day or so. I tested this door this morning but I couldn’t get into any of the other rooms and I couldn’t use the stairs.” the dog shrugs helplessly.
>>
No. 1024563 ID: b78036

Wait, he remembers being here a day or so? As in more than 20 hours?
>>
No. 1024564 ID: 96c896

Ah, so the locks allow more than one factor to open a given door. We didn't see any on floor 1 because each number has only one unique factor. Same with 7, 8, and 9. 7, 2*2*2, and 3*3.

7's key will not be very useful since the first time we'd need it is door 49, but we may as well see if they want to come. Tell them about the amnesia thing and also the monster tower thing.
...wait, where do they get their food from? Are the agents able to reach this floor?
>>
No. 1024578 ID: eedbeb
File 164576346246.png - (28.81KB , 500x500 , u88.png )
1024578

>Memory?
Mike is pretty sure the dog is under the same amnesia constraints as everyone else.

>Food?
“Have you had anything to eat today?” Mike asks.

The dog shakes his head sadly. “I haven’t been very hungry but I’d like some food. I saw a few rabbits earlier but I wasn’t fast enough to catch them.”
>>
No. 1024579 ID: eedbeb
File 164576347230.png - (30.45KB , 500x500 , u89.png )
1024579

This guy is a total adorable pushover. Mike could easily recruit him now or explore the other rooms and come back to the dog anytime.
>>
No. 1024583 ID: 96c896

Hmm, dogs are pretty food-motivated. Sure, recruit them.
...where did they see rabbits?

Also, let's do room 6 first. Try key 2.
>>
No. 1024584 ID: 96c896

I wonder if we need BOTH keys to unlock a door? That would make larger primes useful still.
>>
No. 1024586 ID: ce39da

>>1024583
>>1024584
Yeah, if I'm right in assuming that that's two locks we're seeing on Door 6, use Keys 2 and 3.
>>
No. 1024617 ID: eedbeb
File 164580337306.png - (29.66KB , 500x500 , u90.png )
1024617

>Rabbits?
Apartment 7 appears to be a grassy hillside, so Mike supposes there could be wildlife. It definitely violates the constraints of the tower’s geometry.

>Recruit
Mike gets a tortilla from his backpack and piles on some cheese to make a makeshift soft taco. The dog gratefully accepts and joins the growing party.
>>
No. 1024618 ID: eedbeb
File 164580337907.png - (24.48KB , 500x500 , u91.png )
1024618

>Apartment 6
Mike instructs Jennifer to use her key on the bottom lock while he uses his on the top lock. To Mike’s great satisfaction, the door opens.

It’s a long and empty rodeo arena. There are at least lights on and Mike sees a strange half horse, half girl creature sitting in the dirt some distance away.
>>
No. 1024628 ID: a2493c

>>1024618
it is time to say hello to the horse
>>
No. 1024648 ID: 561ce2

Wave hello, ready yourself to dodge. You know how rodeos can be.
Also, make sure we're writing down how to get in each room and how we recruited each person.
>>
No. 1024651 ID: eedbeb
File 164581932345.png - (30.81KB , 500x500 , u92.png )
1024651

>Records?
Jennifer writes short summaries of each apartment, though she’s trying to be brief to conserve paper.

>Greet
“Hello there!” Mike waves and carefully approaches. The woman doesn’t move and Mike gets close enough to see her shiny hooves, long chestnut hair, and the tears running down her face.
>>
No. 1024652 ID: eedbeb
File 164581932810.png - (35.34KB , 500x500 , u93.png )
1024652

“Are you alright? Are you hurt?” Mike asks.

She sniffs and shakes her head. “I’m all alone, nobody loves me.” she sobs.
>>
No. 1024654 ID: 629f2e

Bring the dog to her. Dogs are famous for their unconditional love, this is clearly what she needs.
>>
No. 1024658 ID: 96c896

>>1024652
Apply dog licks to maybe-monster.
>>
No. 1024659 ID: eedbeb
File 164582538003.png - (30.97KB , 500x500 , u94.png )
1024659

>Dog+Horsegirl = Win
Call Mike a mathemagician because he’s about to solve this problem with ease. He calls to 7 and introduces him to 6.

“Now you two support each other emotionally while we look through the rest of the floor.” Mike orders.

Which door should Mike open next? 8,9, and 10 are left.
>>
No. 1024660 ID: 629f2e

Door 9! If this is like Zero Escape that's gotta be the way out.
>>
No. 1024661 ID: 4f05e0

Go to 9. Find out 9 is a sentient doggie treat. Warn it about 7 so it doesnt eat him and scare 6.
>>
No. 1024680 ID: eedbeb
File 164583744473.png - (9.59KB , 500x500 , u95.png )
1024680

>9
Mike and the crew ready their blunt implements and Jennifer carefully opens the door.

It’s dark, like apartment 7. There’s a single red dot floating in space a few meters from the entrance.
>>
No. 1024681 ID: 629f2e

...close the door and go to door 10 instead. Keys 2 and 5 should get you in easily. Let's save this one for last.
>>
No. 1024688 ID: 96c896

"FIGHT ME, FUCKFACE"

Do we have a flashlight? Shine it in its face.
>>
No. 1024689 ID: eedbeb
File 164584379464.png - (41.99KB , 500x500 , u96.png )
1024689

>Flashlight?
Mike does not have a flashlight. The light from the hallway should be illuminating whatever is beyond the door, but for some reason it isn’t.

>Nope!
Jennifer slams the door shut and locks it.
>>
No. 1024690 ID: eedbeb
File 164584380097.png - (19.59KB , 500x500 , u97.png )
1024690

There’s a timid knock from the other side of the door. “Hello? Is someone there?”

Mike and Jennifer exchange a look, unsure of how to respond.

“Please, I’ve been stuck here all day. Please let me out!”
>>
No. 1024695 ID: 8a51ec

You had the door open for like, 8 seconds, dude. He could've just left.
>>
No. 1024696 ID: 2cfe46

Well, he did say please and good manners should be rewarded.
Open the door for the well mannered chap.
>>
No. 1024699 ID: 629f2e

Alright, it can talk, and it has manners. Open the door again and let whoever it is out. If we get our faces eaten, excellent jape.
>>
No. 1024703 ID: 96c896

>>1024690
Open but don't let your guard down. Act like it's gonna pounce you the instant the door's open.
>>
No. 1024727 ID: eedbeb
File 164588836242.png - (18.06KB , 500x500 , u98.png )
1024727

With manners like that, how can Mike refuse? He motions for Jennifer to open the door again, but keeps his hammer at the ready.

A normal man, about Mike’s build and stature walks into the light. He has a red eye and a normal black one.
>>
No. 1024728 ID: eedbeb
File 164588837006.png - (22.30KB , 500x500 , u99.png )
1024728

“Oh thank you so much. Can you tell me where we are and what’s going on here?”

Mike, used to this by now, gives an abridged explanation of current events. “So we need to clear all the rooms here before we move on.” he concludes. “Do you feel, er, resolved?”

The man puts his hand on his chin. “Well I do right now, but like you said I’ll forget everything if you leave.”
>>
No. 1024748 ID: 629f2e

Why don't we let him stick with us until we can find him a light for his door and more permanently resolve his issues? That, or get him rooming with someone else.

Open door 10 and see what lurks behind it. Keys 2 and 5 should get you in.
>>
No. 1024749 ID: e51896

Well, we are writing our memories
>>
No. 1024751 ID: 96c896

>>1024728
This is bizarre. I feel like with his split eyes he's going to transform into a monster later or something...

How about we let him share the room with the girl on this floor? They can keep eachother company, which is a permanent solution without having to expend resources.
>>
No. 1024753 ID: eedbeb
File 164590977249.png - (26.34KB , 500x500 , u100.png )
1024753

This guy still seems somewhat suspect, but without the threat of imminent violence Mike relaxes.

“How about you go to room 6 and meet the other people on your floor.” he suggests. “My crew still needs to check out 8 and 10, and then we’ll have a group meeting to decide what to do next.”

9 brightens. “That sounds great!”
>>
No. 1024755 ID: eedbeb
File 164591004010.png - (25.67KB , 500x500 , u101.png )
1024755

Dang! Mike is so good at this! He waits for 9 to disappear into rodeo land before resuming exploration.

>Door 10
Mike and Oscar put their keys to work to open the door. Once again they’re greeted with a rustic sight, a kobold with a guitar sitting at a campfire.
>>
No. 1024756 ID: 96c896

>>1024755
Hey cool. What's playing?
>>
No. 1024757 ID: e51896

Tell the Kobold they forgot Valentines day, thus cancelling Bold Request #3, but could probably still do Bold Request #4 for Easter.
>>
No. 1024758 ID: 629f2e

Put in a request for Wonderwall
>>
No. 1024760 ID: eedbeb
File 164591524728.png - (29.06KB , 500x500 , u102.png )
1024760

>Song?
The kobold is strumming a soothing tune with four repeated chords and crooning some vaguely nonsensical lyrics. Mike feels a flicker of recognition, to his great surprise.

Jennifer clears her throat and the kobold stops playing. “Hello travelers, why don’t you rest yourselves here by the fire?” the creature offers.
>>
No. 1024761 ID: eedbeb
File 164591526463.png - (30.02KB , 500x500 , u103.png )
1024761

Jennifer and Oscar take a seat on a log and stare into the crackling fire. The kobold slowly starts singing again.

“Because maaaayyyyybe, you’re gonna be the one that saaaaves meee…”

The kobold seems like he’s doing pretty well compared to 6, 7, and 9.

Mike has forgotten breaking the window and the wall outside the tower. He can rest in apartment 10 or return to the first floor for the night whenever he’s ready to sleep.
>>
No. 1024770 ID: 8a51ec

Probably a good idea to make sure the events of today have been written down before doing any kind of resting.
>>
No. 1024771 ID: 629f2e

Sleep to the soft sound of kobold tunes.
>>
No. 1024796 ID: eedbeb
File 164592123257.png - (24.78KB , 500x500 , u104.png )
1024796

Mike borrows the notebook and writes down his strange encounter with the tall woman, before double checking Jennifer’s notes for the day. Everything seems accurate, so he’s fine with having an early night.

Is there anything Mike would like to do before sleeping in apartment 10? The crew can still sleep in shifts though they have nothing to fear from the kobold.
>>
No. 1024797 ID: 96c896

Gotta protect the notebook in case an agent comes up here. Actually, nevermind, that probably won't happen. Sabotaging the climb is counterproductive, they'd probably love it if the tower was neutralized.

That said, should sleep in shifts anyway, just in case that guy with one red eye turns hostile at night.
>>
No. 1024870 ID: e51896

Maybe a quick check to see how 6, 7, and 9 are doing back in door 6 before sleeping.
>>
No. 1024899 ID: eedbeb
File 164597401410.png - (19.31KB , 500x500 , u105.png )
1024899

>Check on 6, 7, and 9
Mike can’t shake the feeling that something might be wrong with 9. He tells Jennifer and Oscar to stay in apartment 10 while he walks over to apartment 6 to see what’s going on.

He opens the door and sees the horse girl, dog boy, and red eyed man having a heated conversation. They abruptly stop when they notice him.
>>
No. 1024900 ID: eedbeb
File 164597402078.png - (24.72KB , 500x500 , u106.png )
1024900

“You guys okay?” Mike asks.

“We’re fine, just talking.” 9 says. Mike notices 7 looks nervous and vaguely ashamed, tail between his legs.
>>
No. 1024902 ID: a2493c

>>1024900
yo, what's wrong 7?
>>
No. 1024910 ID: 629f2e

Ask why the good bor seems down, and begin petting until the tail starts to wag.
>>
No. 1024911 ID: eedbeb
File 164598385866.png - (37.07KB , 500x500 , u107.png )
1024911

The boy! The beloved boy is sad! Mike rushes over to 7 and strokes his head until the dog’s tail gives a few weak wags.

“What’s wrong?” Mike asks, gentle but stern.

“Well, 9 told us that we’re all going to be left here because we’re not useful while you move on to other floors.” 7 sighs.
>>
No. 1024912 ID: eedbeb
File 164598386695.png - (31.07KB , 500x500 , u108.png )
1024912

“I won’t leave you, you have the 7 key and we need that for apartment 14.” Mike assures him.

The dog slumps under Mike’s hand, still upset. “So you just want my key? If there’s a person in every room, at some point you’ll have too many people to keep track of and you’ll have to ditch me.”

“I don’t have a key at all.” 6 adds. “You could lock me in and I’d be trapped forever.”
>>
No. 1024913 ID: fa0e32

that's dumb, we don't benefit much from ditching people and once we get the tower figured out we all get to hang out as much as we want.

redeye dude, I get you're like half evil here but maybe keep it in your pants man
>>
No. 1024914 ID: 629f2e

Assure the pupper that you aren't just after his key, he's a very good boy who brings joy through his presence.

As for 6's concerns, we're not going to just lock people back in their rooms because they can't help us. If we can't bring more people with us, then we may have to leave them somewhere, but if nothing else we can let everyone choose where they want to stay. So if she wanted to stay with the nice musical kobold instead of by her lonesome, that'd be just fine.

Of course, if people are being total dongers, then maybe we'll think twice about giving them an option. *Glares at 9th guy.*

Also, do these three have names? Seems a little unfair that Mike, Jen, and Oscar get to go by theirs while these peeps are just their numbers.
>>
No. 1024915 ID: 8a51ec

Being an asshole for no reason isn't your style, so no, you won't lock her in. That and you have no idea what'll happen when you get out of this tower and it'd be really fucked up if you got them erased from existence or something by leaving them behind.
>>
No. 1024920 ID: e51896

>>1024915
>Being an asshole for no reason isn't your style
Unless you're a clown. then your nose needs to be HONK'd
>>
No. 1024924 ID: eedbeb
File 164599625446.png - (32.53KB , 500x500 , u109.png )
1024924

“I’d never do that, I’m not an asshole. We still don’t completely understand how the tower works but we’re going to leave everything unlocked so you guys can socialize whenever you want.” Mike puffs.

He pets the dog some more. “You are a very good boy 7, we’ll ask for your help when we need it and you’re welcome to come with us too.”
>>
No. 1024925 ID: eedbeb
File 164599626207.png - (21.82KB , 500x500 , u110.png )
1024925

6 and 7 seem to be cheered up, which leaves 9, who watches Mike through narrowed eyes before getting to his feet.

“I don’t trust you.” 9 says flatly.

Mike glares back at him. “You’re being a jerk, man.”

9 huffs and heads for the door.
>>
No. 1024929 ID: a2493c

>>1024925
you don't have to trust me dude, just try not to be so much of a dick about it. Especially with you lookin' like someone's edgy deviantart oc.
>>
No. 1024931 ID: 96c896

Tell them the very hostile monster you fought on floor 1 had red eyes, and so did the stairwell guardian clown. 9 having one red eye means he's... untrustworthy? Emotionally hostile, maybe?

Ask 6 if she's really interested in coming with you; there's no telling what awaits on higher floors. Could be combat, could be puzzles, could be socializing. If she has any skills at all, she could turn out to be useful.
Having too many party members is an issue, yeah, but we can like, limit the active group to like 6 people max and have the extra people hanging out in a specific room we use as home base. Keys are separate from party members so the active group can just carry them all. I wish we could make copies of keys...
OH. Ask their names. Can't just call them 6 and 7.

Wait a fucking minute. Considering the room keys work as prime factors, how the fuck does room 1 work? We don't need Key 1 for other doors. Does Key 1 *only* open Door 1? Or does it open ALL other doors, even those with multiple locks? Or maybe it can work as a substitute for a single key...?
Huh, I wonder why Archie didn't take Jennifer's nails to keep her from scratching herself. Maybe she was just guarding them too well, or maybe Archie can't actually open any of the other doors on floor 1.
>>
No. 1024933 ID: eedbeb
File 164600274803.png - (25.90KB , 500x500 , u111.png )
1024933

>Talk to 9
“Hey, wait up!” Mike hurries to catch up to his edgy doppelganger before 9 can leave. “You don’t have to trust me, but I swear I’m trying to help the people here.”

“You don’t like my eye. I see you staring at it.” 9 sulks.

“Uh yeah, that’s because we’ve seen some monsters and stuff and they all had red eyes. It doesn’t mean you have to be evil or anything.”
>>
No. 1024934 ID: eedbeb
File 164600275576.png - (33.49KB , 500x500 , u112.png )
1024934

>Names
9 is silent and Mike presses forward. “Do you have a name? I’ve just been calling you 9 in my head, I don’t know if that’s rude.”

“I don’t.”

Huh, maybe infected humans are the only ones who remember their names as opposed to creatures native to the tower. Mike can give everyone a name or keep it numerical.
>>
No. 1024935 ID: eedbeb
File 164600277062.png - (36.97KB , 500x500 , u113.png )
1024935

>Party size
The new party size limit is 4 people. Mike can choose one of 6, 7, or 9 to join the current party. It looks like 6 is a good physical fighter, 7 is a good socializer, and 9 has a big thunkin’ brain.

>Archie thoughts
Key 1 can only open apartment 1. Judging from the chain lock on the door, Archie might not even be in possession of the key. Mike theorizes that the agent plays the long game and waits for the residents to be careless when he wants to steal their items.
>>
No. 1024943 ID: 96c896

Eh, are we tired yet? Could go check the last door before bed. That'd be 8. Just key 2.
>>
No. 1024962 ID: a2493c

>>1024935
based on our own interactions, I think the ideal party rn is us, 7, and 9. We're not the most social on earth but we have definitely got muscle on us, 9's smarts will help us out since we ain't got much of a clue, and 7's gonna be good at helping us get along.

That leaves Jennifer with 6 as a guard, which is important since Jennifer's handling log tracking. Keeping Jenn safe is paramount here since without her we're gonna forget all of what we're doing, which also makes her a target.

Ask everyone for their input on this plan, see if 9 or Jenn have any tweaks to make.
>>
No. 1025007 ID: eedbeb
File 164606501753.png - (37.82KB , 500x500 , u114.png )
1025007

>Teams!
Mike is struck by a grand idea. He ushers 6 and 7 to join them, and then takes everyone to apartment 10 to designate teams.

>Boy’s Club
Mike, Oscar, 7, and 9 together make the supreme group of lads. With Mike’s strength, 9’s smarts, and 7’s adorableness, they’re very well rounded. Oscar is there too because he’s just a swell guy.
>>
No. 1025008 ID: eedbeb
File 164606502562.png - (33.17KB , 500x500 , u115.png )
1025008

>Gal Pals
Meanwhile Jennifer gains 6 as her personal bodyguard. Mike wants Jennifer to stay out of trouble to protect the notebook.

>Apartment 8
Mike would like to clear the floor before turning in for the night. He brings his new team to door 8 and unlocks it with his key.
>>
No. 1025009 ID: eedbeb
File 164606503373.png - (31.99KB , 500x500 , u116.png )
1025009

He opens the door to a blinding white light that makes everyone hiss in distress. 9 in particular shrieks and covers his face.

Mike can’t see what’s behind the door, but he hears an angry chiming noise, like a disgruntled bell.
>>
No. 1025010 ID: 629f2e

Rely on 7's sense of smell to describe what's inside.
>>
No. 1025020 ID: a2493c

>>1025010
ditto.
>>
No. 1025029 ID: 96c896

>>1025009
Oh great it's an angle. Taunt it, tell it that its mother was obtuse!
>>
No. 1025036 ID: eedbeb
File 164608544086.png - (26.45KB , 500x500 , u117.png )
1025036

“7 can you smell anything?” Mike asks.

The dog closes his eyes and sniffs. “Uh, seems like a sturdy and stable physical shape, good for building support and trusses.”

“What?” Mike is flabbergasted.
>>
No. 1025037 ID: eedbeb
File 164608544737.png - (31.89KB , 500x500 , u118.png )
1025037

“It’s a triangle.” 9 snarls. “Get rid of it or close the door! This is terrible.”

A trickle of high school geometry class knowledge worms into Mike’s mind, which is upsetting. Mike fires a calculated taunt at the hidden shape.

“You’re mother’s obtuse!” he shouts.
>>
No. 1025038 ID: eedbeb
File 164608545583.png - (32.59KB , 500x500 , u119.png )
1025038

There’s an absolutely enraged chime, and a strange figure charges out of the room, tackling Oscar to the ground. It’s very white and has a triangular head.

Mike is able to close the door.
>>
No. 1025047 ID: 629f2e

Close the door and rip him off of Oscar. He can clearly understand you, even if you can't understand him, so try and work out a system of communication.
>>
No. 1025050 ID: 96c896

>>1025038
Haha I was close.
Grapple it so that Oscar can fight back. He signed up to fight monsters let's give him a chance to do that!
>>
No. 1025057 ID: eedbeb
File 164610624635.png - (42.79KB , 500x500 , u120.png )
1025057

>Close door
Mike slams the door shut, perhaps a touch too hard, and dives for the triangle. It’s surprisingly strong, and it takes help from 7 to hold its arms in place.

Oscar is bleeding from a cut on his face and looks absolutely thrilled. He counterattacks with his hammer and smacks the hard surface of the triangle.
>>
No. 1025058 ID: eedbeb
File 164610625728.png - (33.02KB , 500x500 , u121.png )
1025058

The monster is made of a strange flexible marble. The limb Mike has in his grasp is cold and slippery. Mike adjusts his hold and winces as the monster gongs in outrage. It seems like Triangle could understand his words, so maybe there’s a chance Mike can communicate with it.

Once Oscar has exhausted himself on Triangle, Mike pins the creature onto the ground with his powerful thighs for interrogation.
>>
No. 1025063 ID: a2493c

>>1025058
"c'mon man I was the one fuckin with you, why'd you gotta cut oscar like that? Fuck's your deal?"
>>
No. 1025076 ID: 96c896

>>1025058
Tell Triangle Head you really hope it's not some kind of psychological monster symbolizing repressed guilt and anger. That would just be plagiarism.

Ask it what its deal is. Do you have to kill it to clear the floor?
>>
No. 1025109 ID: eedbeb
File 164618407765.png - (25.83KB , 500x500 , u122.png )
1025109

“Why’d you cut Oscar huh? What’s your deal?” Mike asks aggressively.

Triangle clamors, but Mike can’t make out any words. It appears that the monster can only answer yes or no questions.

“Alright.” Mike huffs. “I’ll keep it simple. Are you some kind of psychological monster symbolizing repressed guilt and anger?”

Triangle shakes its head.
>>
No. 1025110 ID: eedbeb
File 164618408285.png - (31.28KB , 500x500 , u123.png )
1025110

“Ok, do we have to kill you to move on?”

Triangle shakes its head snootily at the implication of being killed.

Mike can ask Triangle whatever questions he wants and can expect honest answers. The others will chime in with their own questions if they feel particularly inspired.
>>
No. 1025115 ID: 8a51ec

Is he aware of the situation going on with the tower and amnesia and everything?
>>
No. 1025122 ID: c92a02

Does your evil plot to prevent our forward progress involve Pythagoras?
>>
No. 1025134 ID: eedbeb
File 164619339228.png - (31.67KB , 500x500 , u124.png )
1025134

>Are you aware of the situation with the tower and the amnesia and everything?
Triangle considers Mike then gives a sly nod.

“What? How?” Mike checks Triangle’s limbs for notes but only sees smooth stone. “Do you have the amnesia?”

Triangle shakes its head.
>>
No. 1025135 ID: eedbeb
File 164619340328.png - (28.93KB , 500x500 , u125.png )
1025135

>Does your evil plan involve Pythagoras?
Triangle cocks its head, confused.

>Do you have an evil plan?
Triangle shakes its head. The cracks on its surface are starting to close.

>But you’re trying to stop us.
Triangle shrugs.

“Are you a girl?” 7 asks.

Triangle nods.
>>
No. 1025136 ID: 96c896

Alright, does she want to hang out with the other residents of this floor?
>>
No. 1025137 ID: 8a51ec

Wait, how the hell would she have a baby? Wouldn't that just kill her?
>>
No. 1025162 ID: a2493c

>>1025135
aight so what, is going up the tower a bad idea then?
are we gonna be able to solve this amnesia problem doing it?
>>
No. 1025164 ID: eedbeb
File 164626562476.png - (28.10KB , 500x500 , u126.png )
1025164

>Triangle can have baby???
Mike isn’t sure where this thought is coming from and disregards it.

>So…
“We’re going up the tower to try and find a cure for the Red Plague. Is that a bad idea?” Mike asks.

Triangle shrugs. She doesn’t seem to care very much.
>>
No. 1025165 ID: eedbeb
File 164626563287.png - (27.57KB , 500x500 , u127.png )
1025165

9 elbows Mike aside to ask some questions. “Is there a cure for the Plague?”

Triangle thinks for a moment and nods.

“But were you ever infected in the first place?”

That’s a no. 9 is on a roll and keeps questioning.
>>
No. 1025166 ID: eedbeb
File 164626564416.png - (26.96KB , 500x500 , u128.png )
1025166

“Are you being kept here against your will?”

Triangle nods vigorously.

9’s mouth twists like he’s having a distasteful thought. “Is the tower kind of like a zoo? A place to keep people?”

Triangle nods again.

>Do you want to hang out with the other residents?
Triangle tosses her head in disgust. Mike can tell she thinks very little of her fellow inmates.
>>
No. 1025167 ID: eedbeb
File 164626566049.png - (31.59KB , 500x500 , u129.png )
1025167

Mike and co. need to sleep so they let Triangle return to her room. Mike now has access to floor 3.

Everyone goes to room 10 to relax and enjoy the music and comforting fire. Does Mike talk to anyone before he sleeps? What does he do the next morning?
>>
No. 1025220 ID: 96c896

Talk to Oscar, see how he's doing.
>>
No. 1025224 ID: a2493c

>>1025220
aye, in the morning we talk to 9. He brought up some real distressing shit there, and I wanna know what his thoughts are here.
>>
No. 1025252 ID: eedbeb
File 164635131572.png - (34.13KB , 500x500 , u130.png )
1025252

>Oscar
The thin man’s wound is still bleeding sluggishly, dripping blood into his right eye.

“You good?” Mike asks.

“I think I should get a bandage, this is just so exciting.” Oscar says weakly.

The kobold puts down his guitar and fetches a rag which he boils in some water in a pot over the fire, before dressing the cut.
>>
No. 1025253 ID: eedbeb
File 164635132445.png - (30.75KB , 500x500 , u131.png )
1025253

Once everyone’s settled in for the night with shifts to make sure the notebook is secure, Mike allows himself to sleep.

The next morning, 10 serves some yellow grits with a lump of butter for breakfast. People have to take turn sharing bowls, but the food puts everyone in a good mood.
>>
No. 1025254 ID: eedbeb
File 164635133462.png - (26.81KB , 500x500 , u132.png )
1025254

>9
Mikes leaves 8 and 10 behind, and takes everyone else to the staircase. He lingers behind so that he can walk alongside 9.

“What do you think about all this? It seems like you had some ideas when you questioned 8.”

9 glowers at the ground. “I dunno. Keys that open doors based on their factors? A magic plague that conveniently makes us forget things? This place is intelligently designed. You guys on the first floor might have gotten infected by accident so you’re normal, but the rest of us are like displays in a museum, stuck in our own little viewing cells. Some sick god is keeping us here.”
>>
No. 1025255 ID: ce39da

"You think it's a god doing this? Magic, I can buy - it'd be silly not to acknowledge the supernatural here. What makes you so sure it's divinity keeping us here, though?"
>>
No. 1025256 ID: 96c896

>>1025254
Yeah, maybe, but then why allow us to climb floors at all? They must also be testing us.
>>
No. 1025257 ID: 629f2e

We need information. And the only way to learn more rn is to keep climbing. Maybe at the end, we'll understand why this tower is here, or maybe not. It's worth trying though.
>>
No. 1025258 ID: c92a02

If he's sick, do you think that means he shows the same symptoms of amnesia and superstrength?
>>
No. 1025270 ID: eedbeb
File 164636892821.png - (26.80KB , 500x500 , u133.png )
1025270

Mike shivers. There’s something on the edge of his memory, something really cool and important. Jennifer’s notes said he had some kind of otherworldly experience with a pretty lady before opening apartment 4, maybe that was the jailer?

“You think it’s a god? Like, something divine?”

“Well not necessarily literal God, but something strong enough to make a multidimensional tower with who knows how many floors. Supernatural eldritch being, same difference.” 9 replies.
>>
No. 1025271 ID: eedbeb
File 164636893662.png - (35.13KB , 500x500 , u134.png )
1025271

“Okay.” Mike says slowly. “Why even do the weird number key thing at all? Wouldn’t that give us a chance to escape?”

“It could be a test, or some kind of twisted game.”

Mike ponders this. Triangle said there was a cure for the plague, so there must be something further up the tower. They just have to keep going.
>>
No. 1025272 ID: eedbeb
File 164636894664.png - (42.24KB , 500x500 , u135.png )
1025272

The staircase stretches on for a long time, concrete steps zigzagging up the side of the tower. Finally, the crew arrives at a wood door that looks like it was carved out of a rough piece of driftwood. Mike takes the lead and barges through.

Floor 3 is styled like the inside of a massive treehouse. To Mike’s shock, five people are sitting in what appears to be the kitchen, enjoying brunch.
>>
No. 1025274 ID: 629f2e

Head over and introduce yourself. Ask what they've been up to, and what the deal with this floor is.
>>
No. 1025275 ID: 96c896

Floor three should have 10, 11, 12, 13. Two primes. How did 10 and 12 get out of their rooms though?
Go say hi.
>>
No. 1025279 ID: eedbeb
File 164640851314.png - (22.65KB , 500x500 , u136.png )
1025279

Floor 3 should have apartments 11 through 15, so how did the composite numbers get out of their rooms? Mike cranes his neck and sees a corridor that leads out of the main area that probably leads to the doors.

He strides forward to greet the strangers, who exchange nervous looks. Mike explains the tower amnesia key situation to his captive audience.
>>
No. 1025280 ID: eedbeb
File 164640852182.png - (25.84KB , 500x500 , u137.png )
1025280

“So what’s the deal with this floor? I see there’s a nice nature theme going on.” Mike says kindly.

The duck mutters something to her pals, then clears her throat. “Er, we have kind of a communal space and individual bedrooms that are unlocked so we can socialize.”

“Cool. Great. So do you guys have any problems that need to be solved? We’re trying to climb the tower and we have to clear the floor before we can move on.”
>>
No. 1025282 ID: eedbeb
File 164640995552.png - (23.17KB , 500x500 , u138.png )
1025282

“Nope, uh no, we’re fine here.” the duck says. “You guys can hang out a bit in the living room but we don’t really have space for so many guests…”

There are a couple comfortable sofas in front of a TV opposite to the kitchen, and Mike happily checks out the gaming console.
>>
No. 1025283 ID: e51896

Look for buried treasure under or in the sofa. You might find a leftover snack, or a stray dollar or something.
>>
No. 1025284 ID: 629f2e

Try to figure out who which rooms each of this floor's residents go to.
>>
No. 1025290 ID: eedbeb
File 164642817757.png - (24.87KB , 500x500 , u139.png )
1025290

>Sofa
Mike looks for buried treasure in the sofa cushions and finds some hair and loose feathers.

>Puzzle
Mike ponders what should be done to get past the third floor. Maybe he has to get the residents into their correct rooms.
>>
No. 1025291 ID: eedbeb
File 164642818371.png - (25.73KB , 500x500 , u140.png )
1025291

What a great idea! Mike leaps from the sofa and hurries to the kitchen table.

The duck gives an audible sigh. “Yes? What do you want?”

“Can you guys tell me your room numbers? I have an idea of how to clear the floor.” Mike asks eagerly.

“It’s not really your business.” the duck grumbles.
>>
No. 1025292 ID: 96c896

>>1025291
Hmmm... okay, maybe the challenge is we have to nose around in each room, and use each room's theme or owned objects to figure out who lives where.

You might have to do some socializing... or you can delegate that to the more social party members!
Anyway, be nosy.
>>
No. 1025293 ID: 02afe1

>>1025292
In that case, this is duck's room because feathers in sofa
>>
No. 1025300 ID: 96c896

>>1025293
This isn't a room. It's the "hallway". Also there's feathers AND hair.
>>
No. 1025321 ID: eedbeb
File 164644871714.png - (27.36KB , 500x500 , u141.png )
1025321

>Floor layout
Mike snoops around so he understands the geography of the floor. There’s the main area with a kitchen and living room and then a hallway with the bedrooms.

To distract the native residents, Mike sends his best socializer, 7, to chat. While they’re busy, he sneaks into the unlocked rooms.
>>
No. 1025322 ID: eedbeb
File 164644872475.png - (29.60KB , 500x500 , u142.png )
1025322

>Room 11
There’s a large mirror in this room, for admiring oneself.

>Room 12
A fairly standard room, with posters of rock bands on the walls.

>Room 13
Mike finds more brown duck feathers and a burbling fountain.
>>
No. 1025323 ID: eedbeb
File 164644873045.png - (20.42KB , 500x500 , u143.png )
1025323

>Room 14
This room is stinky but fairly normal.

>Room 15
Mike is surprised to find a pasture of fresh green grass.
>>
No. 1025342 ID: 629f2e

Okay, let's assume for the minute that this isn't a setup, we aren't being tricked, each of these people go to the room is seems like they belong to.

11 Goes to the handsome chin guy
12 Goes to the pissy looking guy with cool hair
13 Goes to the birb
14 Goes to the foot guy
15 Goes to the horse head

Side note: We should consider calling over horse bottom to meet horse top to see if they connect over their similarities. They seem like they're made for each other.
>>
No. 1025343 ID: 96c896

11: muscles guy
12:
13: duck
14:
15: whatever that animal person is

We'll need to find out more about the residents. Who's the fifth one? A spork?
>>
No. 1025346 ID: eedbeb
File 164645578698.png - (38.73KB , 500x500 , u144.png )
1025346

>>1025342
Mike has accurately figured out the numbers of all the treehouse inhabitants! Now he has to get them into their rooms somehow to clear the floor.

He can use force or powerful socialization.
>>
No. 1025354 ID: 629f2e

"Hey, could you all go to these rooms so that we can move on to the next floor?"
>>
No. 1025355 ID: 96c896

Say pretty please.
>>
No. 1025362 ID: eedbeb
File 164649277783.png - (33.39KB , 500x500 , u145.png )
1025362

Mike is a nice boy who knows how to use his words to get what he wants. He returns to the kitchen.

“If you guys all go to your rooms, we’ll be able to move on and leave you alone.” he says.

This is a very compelling argument, and the five inhabitants shrug and head to the apartments that Mike identified.
>>
No. 1025363 ID: eedbeb
File 164649278688.png - (19.81KB , 500x500 , u146.png )
1025363

Mike eagerly runs to the staircase, but can’t open the door. There’s still something missing!

9 sidles close. “I think you need to lock the composites into their rooms.” he mutters.
>>
No. 1025364 ID: e51896

Tell him that'd be rude.
>>
No. 1025365 ID: 629f2e

We could lock them in, open the door to the next floor, and then let them out. Ask one to step out to test that you can unlock a room after you've locked it, no BS, and then perform you plan.

One complication though: 11 and 13 are prime numbers aren't they? Doesn't that mean they'll have their own keys which you need to make them use?
>>
No. 1025399 ID: eedbeb
File 164652518348.png - (24.15KB , 500x500 , u147.png )
1025399

>Rude
“That’s terrible! They’d hate us.” Mike says.

9 shrugs. “You want to move on, right? What are you willing to do? If this key system is a test sooner or later there’s going to be stuff you don’t like.”
>>
No. 1025402 ID: eedbeb
File 164652521163.png - (26.02KB , 500x500 , u148.png )
1025402

Mike mulls it over. Maybe they can lock them in, open the door to the stairs, and then let them out.

“Can we leave yet?” the duck asks through her door.

“No! Hold on a second!” Mike stammers.

>11 and 13?
Mike doesn’t have to lock these doors.
>>
No. 1025403 ID: eedbeb
File 164652521889.png - (23.33KB , 500x500 , u149.png )
1025403

Mike is stuck on floor 3 until he locks doors 12, 14, and 15. He doesn’t know if he can unlock the doors and have the stairs open at the same time.
>>
No. 1025404 ID: 96c896

>>1025403
Well, see if locking then unlocking them works. If not... I see another option. There are windows in the rooms, right? If we get a rope long enough that it can reach from this floor to a window on the next floor, we can pass keys between floors to lock or unlock the rooms. Or to climb up/down to bypass the stairs, I guess.
>>
No. 1025440 ID: eedbeb
File 164654144404.png - (28.04KB , 500x500 , u150.png )
1025440

>Test lock into unlock strats
Mike gathers his fellow primes and quickly seals the necessary doors. Every time the deadbolt slides into place, he feels a pang of guilt.

With floor 3 cleared, he sends 6 to open the stairway door, then undoes his work.
>>
No. 1025441 ID: eedbeb
File 164654145709.png - (35.04KB , 500x500 , u151.png )
1025441

He immediately hears a shriek from the horse woman and rushes into the main room. 6 is still holding the door open, but the clown he read about in Jennifer’s notes has appeared to block the way.
>>
No. 1025448 ID: 96c896

Aw man, it's the Roadblock Clown.
Ask it if it'll show up if you somehow unlock the rooms after traveling to the next floor. ...will it show up if you break the doors or walls so the residents can leave their rooms even if the doors are locked?

We probably just gotta do it. They're not gonna be happy about it, which would likely mean resorting to violence.
>>
No. 1025450 ID: 96c896

OH I know!
We can just return here every night. That way they aren't trapped for the entire day.
>>
No. 1025478 ID: eedbeb
File 164658605701.png - (19.85KB , 500x500 , u152.png )
1025478

>Roadblock Clown
Mike doesn’t know what to do. It seems like he has to lock the residents in to progress.

With a heavy heart, he locks the rooms again.

“Hey! What’s going on?” The trapped residents pound on the door.

“We’ll come back at night to let you out!” Mike says desperately.
>>
No. 1025479 ID: eedbeb
File 164658606429.png - (27.91KB , 500x500 , u153.png )
1025479

The duck and the handsome guy emerge from their rooms, enraged. Mike can order his comrades to flee at risk of getting injured, or stay and beat the other primes into submission.
>>
No. 1025480 ID: 629f2e

In retrospect, we could have tried to overpower the dickhead roadblock clown with our numbers. Oh well

Let's flee to the next floor, get a grasp of what the deal is there, and then decide what to do based on that.
>>
No. 1025492 ID: c92a02

Flee at guaranteed risk of being injured.
>>
No. 1025495 ID: eedbeb
File 164660625250.png - (36.10KB , 500x500 , u154.png )
1025495

>Flee
“Run!” Mike yells to his crew. It’s not the largest corridor, so a bottleneck forms with 6, 7, and 9 reaching the safety of the stairs first.

They need to protect the notebook! Mike lets Jennifer go first and stays behind with Oscar to face 11 and 13.
>>
No. 1025496 ID: eedbeb
File 164660626011.png - (34.04KB , 500x500 , u155.png )
1025496

Oscar is still injured from last night and gets clobbered immediately. Mike stands over the thin man’s body and fends off any other blows. He’s starting to feel frustrated.

-Take Oscar’s key and leave
-Activate super strength and defeat 11 and 13
-Other
>>
No. 1025498 ID: 629f2e

Why not use Superstrength to take Oscar along with his key?
>>
No. 1025499 ID: 96c896

>>1025496
FIGHT!
>>
No. 1025500 ID: c92a02

Grab the key and go!
>>
No. 1025503 ID: e51896

>>1025498
yeah, this idea for other actually. Changing my vote for this. Super strength to pick up our friend with the key, and run away!
>>
No. 1025513 ID: eedbeb
File 164661078453.png - (39.35KB , 500x500 , u156.png )
1025513

>Leave no homie behind
Mike heaves Oscar over his shoulder and runs for the exit, 11 and 13 in pursuit. He’s able to lose them somewhere on the long and tangled stairs, and catches up with the rest of the group.

11 and 13 can now go to floors 1 through 3.
>>
No. 1025514 ID: eedbeb
File 164661079726.png - (31.21KB , 500x500 , u157.png )
1025514

>Floor 4
Mike is relieved to see the familiar locked door arrangement when they emerge on the next floor. The walls are uncomfortably fleshy, but nothing jumps out at them so Mike takes it as a win.

Apartments 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 lie in wait. Mike can break a window in one of these rooms to escape over the government wall into the outside world.
>>
No. 1025518 ID: e51896

Is the fleshy walls ticklish? go find out.
>>
No. 1025519 ID: 96c896

Lick the wall.
>>
No. 1025520 ID: c92a02

Bite wall.
>>
No. 1025534 ID: eedbeb
File 164661896835.png - (33.77KB , 500x500 , u158.png )
1025534

Mike makes out with the fleshy wall as he comes down from the adrenaline high. 9 stares at him in open awe.

“How did you know to do that?” the red eyed not-human asks.

“Mrrlmmbrhggbb.” Mike says. “How did you know that we had to lock those people in their rooms?”
>>
No. 1025535 ID: eedbeb
File 164661897576.png - (31.47KB , 500x500 , u159.png )
1025535

9 puffs himself up with pride. “I’m evil and wicked and that makes me scheme better.”

“Ok?” Mike isn’t sure if that’s the actual reason, but he doesn’t think 9 knows either.

“Anyway, I think there are enemies in this flesh stuff waiting to attack us. Maybe if we seduce the carrier flesh we can delay it.”
>>
No. 1025549 ID: c92a02

So, we have to find a hole and plug it with our... finger.
>>
No. 1025551 ID: 96c896

Gently caress the flesh.
>>
No. 1025575 ID: eedbeb
File 164669620265.png - (26.06KB , 500x500 , u160.png )
1025575

>Caress
Mike runs his hand down the fleshy wall. He doesn’t remember ever bedding anyone, but that’s one of those things he has an instinctual knowledge of from his time before infection.

“Hey babe, come here often?” Mike says in a sultry voice. He trails a finger up a particularly voluptuous vein.
>>
No. 1025576 ID: eedbeb
File 164669621034.png - (27.51KB , 500x500 , u161.png )
1025576

The wall shivers and a red stoma pushes itself to the surface. Mike, ever the wise, sticks his arm in it.

“That’s pretty forward.” 9 comments.

Mike can feel a limb inside the stoma.
>>
No. 1025577 ID: c92a02

Is it a hand? Hold it. Ohh yeah. That's the stuff.
>>
No. 1025582 ID: 96c896

Pull.
>>
No. 1025587 ID: eedbeb
File 164670447637.png - (33.56KB , 500x500 , u162.png )
1025587

It’s slippery in there, but Mike manages to get a grip on either a thin ankle or a thick wrist and pulls. With a gross sucking sound he drags a body out of the loose ring of muscle.

The creature wriggles out of Mike’s grip and gets to its feet. It resembles a naked woman missing the top half of her head.
>>
No. 1025588 ID: eedbeb
File 164670448405.png - (35.96KB , 500x500 , u163.png )
1025588

“Cool.” says 9. Mike’s other pals, who have been waiting around for Mike to stop French kissing the architecture, recoil with fear and disgust.

The zombie twists its head back and forth before focusing on 9. It seems to be peacefully waiting for instructions.
>>
No. 1025589 ID: 96c896

Uh. I dunno what to do now. Why don't we try opening some doors first?
>>
No. 1025591 ID: eedbeb
File 164670813764.png - (30.06KB , 500x500 , u164.png )
1025591

Mike is utterly baffled by this turn of events and decides he needs to get back to business.

Which door does he open first?
>>
No. 1025597 ID: 8a51ec

17 is a prime number, so reasonable enough to start with that apartment.
>>
No. 1025599 ID: 96c896

Sure, 17.
>>
No. 1025603 ID: 629f2e

17! Peer pressure has overtaken my mind, I do not dare go against the other suggestors.
>>
No. 1025666 ID: eedbeb
File 164678178518.png - (38.14KB , 500x500 , u165.png )
1025666

>17
Starting with a prime number seems like a good plan. Mike leaves 9, who's muttering to the zombie, and knocks politely on the door.

After a minute, a normal looking man opens it. In the background Mike can see what looks like a giant hamster wheel rocking gently on its metal supports. Evidently the man had been exercising.
>>
No. 1025667 ID: eedbeb
File 164678179241.png - (33.52KB , 500x500 , u166.png )
1025667

The man rubs his eyes like he can't believe what he's seeing. "Mike! Is that you? Oh man, Jennifer and Oscar too."

"How do you know our names?" Mike asks.

"I used to be the agent on the first floor meant to look after you three but I wasn't careful with my suit and I got infected." the man says brightly. "The stairway opened for me and I managed to keep my memory of before I was infected with help from some people on the third floor. They didn't have space for me though so I found a room here."
>>
No. 1025671 ID: c92a02

Hello, do you mind if we break your window so we can escape this factorial hellhole?
>>
No. 1025674 ID: 96c896

Escaping before finding the cure is a bad option.
Anyway, ask how he kept his memory, and also how he got to this floor in the first place.
>>
No. 1025686 ID: eedbeb
File 164679132329.png - (31.39KB , 500x500 , u167.png )
1025686

>Window
17’s apartment seems normal, so Mike would be able to break a window to use as an escape route, should he choose to.

>Stairs
“How did you get to this floor if you couldn’t clear the rooms?” Mike asks, confused.

17 cocks his head. “Clear what now? Like I said, the staircase opened for me after I was infected. There was even a clown guy to point me in the right direction.”
>>
No. 1025688 ID: eedbeb
File 164679133304.png - (33.76KB , 500x500 , u168.png )
1025688

>Memory cure
“How did you keep your memory?” Mike asks.

“There’s a magic fountain in room 13 on the third floor. The duck there showed me how much water to drink, because if you have too much it can totally fix your memory which apparently sucks when you’re trapped forever.”
>>
No. 1025695 ID: 8a51ec

Ah, well I guess it'd make sense if you're trapped here forever you wouldn't want to- wait what.
>>
No. 1025708 ID: 96c896

>>1025688
He doesn't know about floor clearing, his opinion on how trapped you are is irrelevant.
Go see how 9 is doing with the zombie.
>>
No. 1025771 ID: eedbeb
File 164686839369.png - (30.34KB , 500x500 , u169.png )
1025771

"So you've never tried to escape or anything?" Mike asks.

"Oh, no I haven't. Not really interested." 17 says. "If you have more questions about the tower, you should ask my pal 19! He's very knowledgeable about this stuff."

Mike thanks him and checks on 9, who's pulling another zombie out of the stoma.
>>
No. 1025772 ID: eedbeb
File 164686840133.png - (33.00KB , 500x500 , u170.png )
1025772

"Whatcha doing there slugger?"

"Building my undead army." 9 puffs. With great effort he lugs the new zombie, a man with no skin, out of the flesh wall.

"O-kay." Slightly very worrying. "Who are you planning to fight?"

"I dunno, the clown we saw that tried to stop us or whoever controls this place."
>>
No. 1025773 ID: eedbeb
File 164686842689.png - (29.12KB , 500x500 , u171.png )
1025773

Mike sighs and turns to knock on door 19. A strange being dressed in a dapper suit with a giant white orb for a head answers. Mike can ask this stranger any questions about the tower and expect a verbal response.
>>
No. 1025776 ID: 629f2e

Why is this tower here? And why do the rules seem so arbitrary?
>>
No. 1025777 ID: 96c896

>>1025773
How many floors are there in the tower?
What is at the top of the tower?
>>
No. 1025809 ID: eedbeb
File 164688512701.png - (14.68KB , 500x500 , u172.png )
1025809

>Why is this tower here?
19 shakes his head back and forth for a moment and a blue triangle floats to the surface of its spherical head.

“Hello there travelers. This tower is interdimensional demon storage, for the people and objects they pick up on their conquests.” says the triangle, a bit muffled behind the plastic.
>>
No. 1025810 ID: eedbeb
File 164688513777.png - (28.40KB , 500x500 , u173.png )
1025810

>How many floors are there?
The little blue triangle spins for a moment. “More than one trillion, and new floors are added all the time. There is not an end to the tower since it is a powerful magical space. At some point subspaces loop back on themselves.”

>Arbitrary math rules? Why???
“I do not think that was always the case. Perhaps someone has changed the tower and is giving you a chance to escape.” the triangle suggests. “Demons are fickle creature.”
>>
No. 1025812 ID: 629f2e

If we can leave, let's gather up as many people as we can (or at least all the peeps from the second and third floor, they were all pretty chill), get them to drink from the fountain, break a window and then break free!
>>
No. 1025813 ID: 96c896

>>1025810
Where is the cure to the Red Plague?
>>
No. 1025815 ID: eedbeb
File 164688766136.png - (31.82KB , 500x500 , u174.png )
1025815

>Cure?
While Mike may be able to fix his memory by drinking from the fountain, he’s concerned whether he’ll still have the Red Plague and be contagious.

“Is there a way to get rid of the Red Plague?”

“There are two angels, one on this floor and one on the second. Either may be able to remove the demon curse, though they’re usually violent and must be defeated with force.” triangle says.
>>
No. 1025816 ID: eedbeb
File 164688767107.png - (32.68KB , 500x500 , u175.png )
1025816

What should Mike do? He can drink from the fountain and restore his memory in addition to any of these choices.
A. Escape over the wall with Red Plague super strength
B. Stay in the tower and progress forward with his crew, an eternal journey
C. Get cured, then try to find a way over the wall
>>
No. 1025820 ID: e51896

C. We're strong enough to take em.
>>
No. 1025821 ID: 96c896

C. Sounds like 9 will want to keep going to try to confront whoever owns the tower, let him struggle against infinity. Also, we really should get this done for infected humans. Those who caught the plague, not those the demon(s) collected.

...the angel on the second floor was the triangle, huh? We've already subdued her so why don't we go ask her?
>>
No. 1025822 ID: 96c896

Also yeah get some forgotten memories back.
>>
No. 1025824 ID: 629f2e

C. Yeah, it's only right to cure your sickness before you leave, spare the rest of the world.
>>
No. 1025828 ID: a2493c

>>1025816
hm, losing our superstrength for the ability to make plans for longer than a day. I wonder which will be chosen?

for my part I'm voting b, we find the angels first and beat their asses THEN we commit to C after some setup to escape. We have our workarounds, and it's not like the fountain is going anywhere.
>>
No. 1025835 ID: eedbeb
File 164692557147.png - (34.71KB , 500x500 , u176.png )
1025835

>C
Mike thanks ball-head and confers with his friends. Jennifer is eager to escape as well, but everyone else wants to stay. 6 and 7 don’t even want to drink from the fountain in case they’re killed and trapped in their rooms again.

“We’ll follow 9 up the tower, I think he has a plan.” 7 says.
>>
No. 1025836 ID: eedbeb
File 164692558019.png - (22.00KB , 500x500 , u177.png )
1025836

Mike promises to give Oscar his and Jennifer’s keys before they escape. For now, they need to clear floor 4 before they can return to the fountain on floor 3 and the angel on floor 2.

Which door does he open next? The angel in 16 is dangerous, but doesn’t need to be fought to clear the floor. Mike can just sneak a quick peek and then shut the door.
>>
No. 1025865 ID: 629f2e

Sneaky a peeky!
>>
No. 1025868 ID: 96c896

Have a peek.
>>
No. 1025876 ID: eedbeb
File 164696115771.png - (37.62KB , 500x500 , u178.png )
1025876

>Have a peek at 16
Mike pulls his key out with a swagger and unlocks room 16. He gently cracks open the door and peers inside.

There’s a stereotypical winged and many eyed angel who cracks a 180 degree angle with their wheel head when Mike opens the door and screams at him.
>>
No. 1025877 ID: eedbeb
File 164696116493.png - (32.78KB , 500x500 , u179.png )
1025877

Mike closes the door. “Well! That’s that.”

>18
Mike decides to move things along and opens 18 with Jennifer’s help.

“Uwahhhhh…I’m soooo horny.” says the rabbit girl inside.
>>
No. 1025878 ID: 96c896

>>1025877
Hmm okay but before the sex let's see who's in room 20.
>>
No. 1025888 ID: 460e5a

Tell the rabbit about the monster on room 4 you read about in your notes. Hes horny too, got two horns on his head.
>>
No. 1025892 ID: eedbeb
File 164697507804.png - (27.27KB , 500x500 , u180.png )
1025892

“Hmm…Okay.” Mike says. The moment’s hesitation is all the excuse the universe needs before 9 sticks his head into frame.

“You want to have sex?” 9 asks the rabbit.

“God, yes please.”

9 swoops in to claim his prize and Mike slams the door shut and goes to room 20.
>>
No. 1025893 ID: eedbeb
File 164697508916.png - (32.47KB , 500x500 , u181.png )
1025893

The combined Mike and Oscar dream team key effort reveals another normal apartment, where a nerdy looking man with glasses is typing at a computer.

“You good bro?”

The man yelps and slaps his arms over his three monitors.
>>
No. 1025898 ID: 8a51ec

Probably wasn't looking at porn if he was typing on his keyboard, maybe some sort of instant messenger? Repeat the question.
>>
No. 1025906 ID: e51896

"are ya winning?"
>>
No. 1025913 ID: eedbeb
File 164701361796.png - (32.22KB , 500x500 , u182.png )
1025913

“You playing a video game? Are ya winnin’?”

“Um, yes, I-I was doing fine.” the man stammers.

“You need anything? Want to leave your room or need a favor or something?”

The man gulps. “I’m doing fine, thanks for asking.”
>>
No. 1025914 ID: eedbeb
File 164701362679.png - (27.88KB , 500x500 , u183.png )
1025914

That was easy! Mike has cleared floor 4, the people here seem mostly at peace with their lot in life.

“Who wants to fix their memory?” he asks the assembled group, including the rabbit who’s clinging to 9’s arm and giggling.

To his surprise, only Oscar and 9 volunteer.
>>
No. 1025915 ID: eedbeb
File 164701363474.png - (28.72KB , 500x500 , u184.png )
1025915

Mike returns to floor 3, where the yelling of the trapped residents is still loud and painful. He hurries past them to room 13, which is fortunately unlocked.

How much does Mike drink from the fountain?
>>
No. 1025916 ID: b00429

Only a spoonful.
>>
No. 1025929 ID: 629f2e

Take enough that you remember everything that has happened in the past few days. You probably don't want to remember countless days of repetitive life, but at least remember the chain of events that's lead you to this fountain.
>>
No. 1025932 ID: e51896

maybe try to drink enough to remember how you got sent here in the storage in the first place
>>
No. 1025937 ID: eedbeb
File 164702369743.png - (26.89KB , 500x500 , u185.png )
1025937

Mike takes a delicate sip, maybe a spoonful worth of water. Memories bloom into his mind about the past few days.

“We had sex?” he asks Jennifer, greatly surprised.

“We did. I left myself a code note about it.”

Wow. Mike pats himself on the back for that one.
>>
No. 1025938 ID: eedbeb
File 164702370543.png - (31.62KB , 500x500 , u186.png )
1025938

He drinks a little more water, but only starts to remember endless days of monotonous boredom, so he stops.

9 chugs the water like a man trapped in a desert and shudders. “Damn. This sucks.”

“Yeah, why did you do that?”

“I’m trying to figure out how I ended up here in the first place.” 9 keeps drinking.
>>
No. 1025939 ID: eedbeb
File 164702371461.png - (26.45KB , 500x500 , u187.png )
1025939

Mike waits patiently for 9 to finish, which takes an uncomfortable amount of fountain water and the inevitable backwash.

“Whoa. Ok.” 9 furrows his brow. “I think I’m half demon.”

“Good for you.”

“I’m going to find my father and kill him.” 9 declares.

“Have fun with that.”
>>
No. 1025949 ID: eedbeb
File 164703314579.png - (28.14KB , 500x500 , u188.png )
1025949

Nothin’ to do except head to the triangle angle’s room on floor 2. Mike spots the 11 and 13 once he arrives and prepares himself for a fight.

“I need these guys’ keys.” 9 mutters in his ear.
>>
No. 1025952 ID: 629f2e

You should be fine if you just let their friends out, that's all they want, right? So, promise them that you'll do so after you get yourselves cured by the angel on floor 2. Leave any keys you don't need and puppy friend here with them as proof, that you'll return.

When you return leave the rest of your keys and number 9 here with them. That way if unlocking the doors removes your clear condition, you'll be back on the 4th floor and can't be locked out.

You should probably let Oscar hold the keys though (he did say he wanted to stay). 9's a pretty big dick, and'll probably lock them all back in without a second thought. Have someone around to keep him in check.
>>
No. 1025953 ID: eedbeb
File 164703554315.png - (30.67KB , 500x500 , u191.png )
1025953

>Make peace
Mike explains the cure situation and how 9 is going to continue up the tower.

“We can release your friends since we have a way to beat up the clown now. Once that’s done, you can go with 9 or give Oscar your keys.” Mike continues. Come to think of it, clown violence is a good way to avoid having to clear floors as well.

After some back and forth where Mike fetches everyone from the fourth floor to the second floor to support his claim, the duck and handsome man seem somewhat mollified.
>>
No. 1025954 ID: eedbeb
File 164703555403.png - (27.45KB , 500x500 , u189.png )
1025954

>8
Mike opens the room of blinding light once more, which makes 9 hiss and turn away. The triangle seems perfectly happy to blast him and Jennifer with a strong beam of angel power to get them to go away.

Mike and Jennifer are cured!
>>
No. 1025955 ID: eedbeb
File 164703556615.png - (29.00KB , 500x500 , u190.png )
1025955

>Keys
Mike entrusts his key to Oscar and joins Jennifer back on the fourth floor in the rabbit’s room, where he uses his trusty hammer to break the window. It’s a long drop to the ground and the wall is a couple meters away.

>The final problem!
How does Mike get to the wall and down safely when he no longer has powers?
>>
No. 1025956 ID: fe19db

Use an aparment door or two as a bridge to cross, and get a bunch of bed mattresses from different rooms and drop them down from the wall so we can jump down and land on them softly to eacape
>>
No. 1025957 ID: 629f2e

Make a daisy chain of blankets and bedsheets to safely lower you down using materials from various rooms. If you don't have enough, you could put some of the strongest people at the other end of the chain, just to give you a bit of extra length. First you, then Jennifer so that you'll be at the end to catch her if anything happens.

Once you're at the wall, this is where things get trickier. Not many notches you can hook something onto to rappel down. If it's high enough, you could try fashioning your blankets and sheets into a parachute. If there are trees on the other side, you could aim for the branches, using the blankets to cushion your soft fleshy bodies, and climb down from there. And if both of those seem impossible... Well, you could always ask they biblical angel for help. He can't leave the walls of course, that would spread the plague, but he COULD fly right up to them and hold your makeshift rope to help you get down. All in all, you got options.
>>
No. 1025958 ID: 96c896

Make a big ass rope, swing over to the wall from a window, nail it to the wall to keep it in place, use the rope to put mattresses down--
Actually can't you just ask Archie to let you out since you're cured?
>>
No. 1025975 ID: eedbeb
File 164704853632.png - (33.76KB , 500x500 , u192.png )
1025975

Oh, Mike knows exactly how this gets done. He’s going to make an elaborate chain of blankets and sheets to make a big rope, with counterweight so they can climb down the wall. There must be a big enough tree or branch to drag from 7’s ‘room’ to make a bridge so they can get to the wall in the first place.

Everyone is eager to help, even the zombies, and the tree cutting and rope building operation begins.
>>
No. 1025976 ID: eedbeb
File 164704854507.png - (35.24KB , 500x500 , u193.png )
1025976

>Archie
Mike returns to floor 1 to grab sheets, and in doing so runs into his old pal Archie sitting in the lobby.

“Hi Mike.” Archie says carefully.

“We found a cure.” Mike says proudly. “Me and Jennifer are leaving.”

“Really? How do you, er, know you’re really cured?”
>>
No. 1025977 ID: eedbeb
File 164704855226.png - (32.14KB , 500x500 , u194.png )
1025977

This is a valid question.

“It’s magic stuff. I remember pinning you down with my powerful thighs, so my memory is working and I don’t have super strength or anything anymore.” It occurs to Mike that he’s vulnerable to death in this state, but he hopes Archie is a decent person and doesn’t try to kill him.

Archie taps his desk. “I’ll tell the people on the outside you’re coming out. You might be quarantined for a while but they won’t hurt you. Everyone wants a happy ending.”
>>
No. 1025978 ID: eedbeb
File 164704855811.png - (37.05KB , 500x500 , u195.png )
1025978

Mike smiles. “Thanks Archie.”

The plan goes off without a hitch, though it’s frightening to walk along a tree trunk across a large gap. There’s a crew in suits like Archie’s waiting for them, and they slide down the rope into the next part of their journey.
>>
No. 1025979 ID: eedbeb
File 164704856430.png - (30.37KB , 500x500 , u196.png )
1025979

Thanks for reading.


Delete post []
Password