[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 164317853433.png - (4.10KB , 800x600 , 0.png )
1021330 No. 1021330 ID: 15a025

A reboot/continuation of Behind Closed Bars. You can either start here or read the previous thread first if you'd like.

https://questden.org/kusaba/quest/res/1010505.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 1021331 ID: 15a025
File 164317856223.png - (5.47KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
1021331

Ugh... damn hangover. I look around to try and see where I am.

Shit, how did I pass out in the freezer?
>>
No. 1021332 ID: 15a025
File 164317858764.png - (4.69KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
1021332

I get up and walk over to the door-

thunk, thunk

Oh, don't screw with me now...

thunk thunk

Did I really lock myself in the freezer?
>>
No. 1021333 ID: 8483cf

Yes, yes you did.

Enjoy ice cream
>>
No. 1021335 ID: 96c896

Call someone on your phone to come let you out.
At least it isn't cold enough to freeze to death?
>>
No. 1021347 ID: 50af53

ONO

Hopefully your fuzzy enough to not freeze too quickly. How likely is someone to come help you soonish?
>>
No. 1021509 ID: aba9fd

Might as well call for help. You have your phone on you right? An emergency button? Every walk in has one of those. That's where robbers take you to execute ya you know.
>>
No. 1021514 ID: 894419

Can you disable the freezer from inside? that and calling for help have got to be your top priorities. Is there a vent or a fan casing you might be able to fit through?
>>
No. 1022033 ID: 15a025
File 164375812731.gif - (185.37KB , 800x600 , 3.gif )
1022033

>Call someone on your phone to come let you out.
>Might as well call for help. You have your phone on you right?
Hopefully someone's actually up. Who knows what time it is, or how long I've been out. I reach into my pocket and-huh, nothing? I try my other pocket but all that's there is a business card I got from a band. Guess if I was drinking I must of put my phone away with my keys. I'm usually the designated driver.

>How likely is someone to come help you soonish?
Guess it depends on what time it is. Wish I could remember a bit more than drinking after work. Maybe one of my other co-workers are still around? I try pounding on the door.
Lana: "Hey! Is anyone around?! I think I locked myself in the freezer!"

I wait a few moments, but don't get any response.

Lana: "Hello? Can someone let me out of the freezer?!"

Ugh, I hope I'm not stuck here alone. Hopefully someone's here and they're just passed out still...

>At least it isn't cold enough to freeze to death?
>Hopefully your fuzzy enough to not freeze too quickly.
Shouldn't be cold enough in here that'd I need to worry about dying from the cold. Pretty much just beer and ice in here. Does feel colder than it should be though. Could just be the hangover numbing my feelings a bit yet.

>An emergency button? Every walk in has one of those. That's where robbers take you to execute ya you know.
I don't see one in here, and that's certainly something I'm going to bring up next time I meet with the boss.
>>
No. 1022034 ID: 15a025
File 164375814731.png - (4.18KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
1022034

>Is there a vent or a fan casing you might be able to fit through?
I might be able to bust the fans and get out through the cooling vent. Problem is, that's kind high up and could take me a bit to get the grate off. It's screwed on, so I'd have it smash it off with something.
>>
No. 1022035 ID: 15a025
File 164375818025.png - (4.82KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
1022035

I could also probably bust the glass window on the freezer door, and squeeze out that way. I'd have to deal with busted up glass and possibly hurt myself on the way out. Can't be too hard to smash though, it is glass.

I let out a little sigh and start to shiver a bit. Which escape option should I try? If I commit to crawling through the air vent, I need an idea on how to get up there and bust it open. If it's busting through and ducking out the window, am I relying on my strength and fists or should I use something in the freezer?
>>
No. 1022037 ID: 894419

>>1022035
Grab something heavy and bust the window, its a door handle door so once the windows shattered you can just knock any shards out and turn the handle from this side, no injury required.
>>
No. 1022038 ID: 96c896

Yeah bust the window, reach through carefully or cover your arm in something tough, operate the handle on the outside to escape.
>>
No. 1022076 ID: e51896

Look before you leap. Can you see through the window? Perhaps there is a reason why you locked yourself or got locked inside, to hide from something...
>>
No. 1022079 ID: eee6b5

Atrack window, but only after knocking politely.
>>
No. 1022232 ID: 1ea69c

Look through the window first. Something about this is rubbing the wrong way. I'm going to actually advise you to try to busy open the vents, see if you can pull a shelf close to climb on and look for a crowbar or something if there's anything like that in here for opening booze crates.
>>
No. 1022363 ID: 15a025
File 164400578817.png - (5.70KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
1022363

>Look before you leap. Can you see through the window? Perhaps there is a reason why you locked yourself or got locked inside, to hide from something...
I can't really see through the window. Even wiping it, the window's cold and frosted up. Hopefully the reason I'm locked in here was just a lapse in my judgment.

>bust the window, reach through carefully or cover your arm in something tough, operate the handle on the outside to escape.
I think a bag of ice is going to be my best bet then. A thirty-two pack of beer might hit harder, but that's harder to throw or swing.
>>
No. 1022364 ID: 15a025
File 164400580809.png - (4.79KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
1022364

Welp, here goes nothing.
>>
No. 1022365 ID: 15a025
File 164400582199.png - (5.15KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
1022365

Smash!
>>
No. 1022366 ID: 15a025
File 164400584201.png - (5.07KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
1022366

>once the windows shattered you can just knock any shards out and turn the handle from this side, no injury required.
I use the bag of ice knock off any dangerous glass, and manage to open and get out of the freezer. I rub my hands up and down my arms to try and warm up a bit.

I sigh as I look down at the busted glass, I really don't feel like cleaning this up now. If I don't do it now, no-one else will.
>>
No. 1022367 ID: 15a025
File 164400585743.png - (6.83KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
1022367

I make my way over to the other side of the break room for a broom and dustpan, but there's just a-
I cover up my nose as a nasty stench assaults my nostrils.
Lana: "Euggh, what the hell. Smells like a fucking gas station bathroom over here."

I start looking around trying to find where the stench is coming from, and notice the punch clock is smashed? One of the clock hands is even missing.
>>
No. 1022371 ID: 894419

>>1022367
Looks like a break and enter. Timecard clock smash says "disgruntled (ex?)-employee" to me. Grab self broom for self defence and investigate stench
>>
No. 1022372 ID: 96c896

Check the lockers.
>>
No. 1022424 ID: aba9fd

Time to finally give this room a bit of a cleaning, maybe your head will clear up while you're doing monotonous tasks.
>>
No. 1022522 ID: 15a025
File 164412527074.png - (6.81KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
1022522

>Looks like a break and enter. Timecard clock smash says "disgruntled (ex?)-employee" to me.
Eugh...maybe? I think we were short staffed last night? It's coming back to me a little bit, but my head is still killing me here. Maybe something happened and someone quit? I go to check the punch cards to see who else was working with me last night, but they're all blank? Man, they better have not our time cards! Or, was it the end of the pay period last night? Maybe I collected them and put in the office for the boss. Man, I'm losing it here.

> Grab self broom for self defence and investigate stench
> Time to finally give this room a bit of a cleaning, maybe your head will clear up while you're doing monotonous tasks.
I sigh, kinda sucks working off the clock but if I leave the place in mess like this I'd get bitched at pretty bad.

I go to grab the broom, but find all that's out is the mop and bucket. Did someone forget to put it back?

>Check the lockers.
I gag a bit, the smell seems like it's coming from the locker. Please tell me someone didn't throw up in there or something stupid... I close my eyes and pray I'm wrong.

Lana: Please just be the broom.
>>
No. 1022523 ID: 15a025
File 164412529934.png - (7.01KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
1022523

Thud

That didn't sound like a broom.
>>
No. 1022524 ID: 15a025
File 164412531572.png - (7.15KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
1022524

I open my eyes and look down with instant regret and horror. My heart starts racing as I see a bloody body laying on the ground. I let out a yelp, but cover my mouth before I panic, really hoping no-one heard me.

Lana: "What the fuck happened here last night..."
>>
No. 1022531 ID: 96c896

I don't recognize who that is. Do you?
Do not touch the body.

Go to a different room and bar the door. Then call... whoever was here last night. You need to find out if anything weird happened. Most significantly, you need to know if you are a potential suspect.
If you don't think you killed that guy then call 911.
>>
No. 1022547 ID: 894419

>>1022524
time to check his corpse for clues to how he died, and then go call 911
>>
No. 1022548 ID: 782e0e

Take a few moments to step back and breath, you just saw a really traumatic thing and you need to let yourself process it before you do anything hasty.
>>
No. 1022577 ID: 15a025
File 164417628044.png - (7.17KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
1022577

>Take a few moments to step back and breath, you just saw a really traumatic thing and you need to let yourself process it before you do anything hasty.
I take a few steps back from the body and take a few deep breathes. I gotta think about the facts and possibilities here.

>I don't recognize who that is. Do you? Do not touch the body.
>time to check his corpse for clues to how he died, and then go call 911
They're familiar, but I can't say I know them. The overalls and brown shirt is similar to what our truck delivery guys and stockers wear. I don't want to touch the body, but looking where there's blood. Seems like they've got a wound on the upper back and another by wound by their stomach. Clothing looks torn there, so maybe it was a stabbing?

>Go to a different room and bar the door. Then call... whoever was here last night. You need to find out if anything weird happened. Most significantly, you need to know if you are a potential suspect.
Eugh, I gotta think here. I don't remember who I was working with last night. If the punch cards were around, I could look at those and most recent clock in times. Those might also be useful to have or give to any investigators when the time comes as well. If I did put those away for the end of this week's payroll, they'd be upstairs in the security office. Stairway up there isn't too far from the break room here, and I should be able to hole up in there safely. Problem is, it could be locked and I don't have my keys.

Which brings up the matter of finding where my phone and keys are. If I put those away before drinking last night, they'd be hidden behind a spot at the front bar. If I went for those, I'd be possibly risking myself in a open room. Assuming the killer is still around. I wouldn't have much cover beyond the front bar itself, and possibly the lack of lights if they're off.

Should I head up to the security office to check for punch cards and who might have been here? There might also be a working landline phone to use. The door may be locked however.

or,

Risk being seen and head for the bar. My keys and cellphone should be there. Maybe another co-worker's keys could be there as well?
>>
No. 1022604 ID: 96c896

>>1022577
Grab some kind of improvised weapon and head to the bar. You're not defenseless.
>>
No. 1022646 ID: 83d8ae

>>1022604
Agreed, you're far from a pushover!
>>
No. 1022654 ID: b5c538

Arm yourself with whatever and head for the security office first. Make sure it's clear in the interest of not wasting time. Furthermore, I doubt you were the only friendly face here, kaari for example, and the security office would be a good place to whole up if they couldn't escape the building.
>>
No. 1022861 ID: c7b480

That mop could be a good way to extend your reach when it comes to clobbering creeps. Either that or one of those bags of ice, if it doesn't melt by the time you run into danger.
>>
No. 1023177 ID: aba9fd

That looks like a roughed up room, maybe there's some glass or roughed up heavy planks you can yoink off the walls.
>>
No. 1023228 ID: 15a025
File 164469270546.png - (7.25KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
1023228

>Grab some kind of improvised weapon and head to the bar. You're not defenseless.
>That mop could be a good way to extend your reach when it comes to clobbering creeps.
>Agreed, you're far from a pushover!
Gonna have to mop up this killer with the mop I guess. Bag of ice would hurt like hell, but that's going to melt on me over time. I take a deep breath and try to center myself. I work here as the bouncer and security, and it looks like I've got a dangerous "guest" who's ass needs to be bounced to the curb.
>>
No. 1023230 ID: 15a025
File 164469272839.png - (7.30KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
1023230

Which also means trying to clock in real quick since this is work business.
I scribble my name real quick and see if the punch clock still works...

click

Huh, it does? Apparently it's four-fifteen A.M. right now.
>>
No. 1023231 ID: 15a025
File 164469275934.png - (6.50KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
1023231

With my mop in paw, I carefully creep out of the break room and into the main bar area.

Lana: "What the hell?"

The whole bar and dining area is just trashed. Broken tables and chairs all over. There's some busted bottles and a wet floor sign. One of the band posters is torn and "Collection Time!" is sprayed on the wall. I get a knot in my stomach thinking about the scene, but hurry over to the bar. It's a little dark, but I don't see anyone lurking around.
>>
No. 1023232 ID: 15a025
File 164469277869.png - (4.90KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
1023232

I'm not risking keeping myself visible though, I dive behind the bar and keep my head low for now. I move some things around from behind the bar and look the tiny key-rack. I don't find my phone here, but my keys are. Someone else's keys are here too-
>>
No. 1023233 ID: 15a025
File 164469279402.png - (4.48KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
1023233

Lana: "No... no..."
>>
No. 1023234 ID: 15a025
File 164469288693.png - (4.22KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
1023234

It's my girlfriend's keyring, and her apartment key is still here. Seeing that has my head rushing and my stomach knotting up. She had to go through whatever happened here last night and I was fucking, passed out in the damn freezer. She didn't leave, her keys are still here...
>>
No. 1023260 ID: 50af53

Poor girl. All we can hope is that she's safe. You can feel bad about what you did once drinks came out when you find where she is.

Security office? Unless you think she'd have hid somewhere else.
>>
No. 1023299 ID: 894419

>>1023234
okay so she's probably still in the building, or perhaps she got out. Check if the front door is locked and if the landlines are working. If the doors are locked and she's still here we need to get her out!
>>
No. 1023383 ID: aba9fd

Okay, slow down, think. Don’t go to worse case scenario. You didn’t have your keys or phone, and you were left alive. She didn’t have her keys or phone, and she might be alive. For all we know the killers split everyone up and are playing some sick game with you. Bit of a stretch, but check the body we left in the other room. Did they have their keys or a phone? Their pockets didn’t look bloody, it won’t be too bad.
>>
No. 1023392 ID: 96c896

Continue to not touch the dead body. Go to the security room.
>>
No. 1023912 ID: 15a025
File 164525246378.png - (6.62KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
1023912

>Poor girl. All we can hope is that she's safe.
>okay so she's probably still in the building, or perhaps she got out. Check if the front door is locked and if the landlines are working.
>Okay, slow down, think. Don’t go to worst case scenario. You didn’t have your keys or phone, and you were left alive. She didn’t have her keys or phone, and she might be alive.
I-...I have to just hope she's okay. Maybe she just called a cab and forgot her keys? She did lose her license recently anyway. Or, was I her ride?

Fuck...

While I'm trying to think about last night, I go to open the front but bang my paw against something

Lana: "Owch!"

Why are the door and windows are boarded up?
>>
No. 1023913 ID: 15a025
File 164525248092.png - (4.70KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
1023913

>Security office? Unless you think she'd have hid somewhere else.
>If the doors are locked and she's still here we need to get her out!
>Go to the security room.
Lana: "Please be safe..."

I creep my way back over to the stairs and head to the security office. The doors locked, but I'm able to use my key to get in...
>>
No. 1023914 ID: 15a025
File 164525253481.png - (6.82KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
1023914

Lana: "No no..."

There's more blood in the office, and another body tied to the chair-

???: "Just...finish me. I told... don't...where she is."

They're breathing heavy and coughing in between their speech, I can't fully understand them. They're alive though, and that's better than other guy I saw. What should I do?
>>
No. 1023920 ID: e51896

ask what happened, and untie the poor person
>>
No. 1023924 ID: 96c896

Do not untie this guy, not until you find out who they are, and who did this to him. Beware, he could lie to you. There's a small possibility that YOU were the one interrogating him. To see if that's the case, walk in front of him, get him to look at you, and see what his reaction is. Then ask him some questions; start out by asking him who he works for.

While he's talking, check the room for punch cards, find out who was here.
>>
No. 1023955 ID: aba9fd

Do you have any sharp panes of glass or anything to cut the rope with? No knives at the bar? You should ask them questions first, but telling them everything will be alright might help them not completely break down.
>>
No. 1024095 ID: d31001

try to reassure the tied up person and tell them youre not here to harm them, then check if they have any fatal wounds
>>
No. 1024700 ID: 15a025
File 164585223554.png - (6.47KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
1024700

>Do not untie this guy, not until you find out who they are, and who did this to him. Beware, he could lie to you. There's a small possibility that YOU were the one interrogating him.
>You should ask them questions first, but telling them everything will be alright might help them not completely break down.
>try to reassure the tied up person and tell them you're not here to harm them, then check if they have any fatal wounds
I set the mop down for now, and get closer to them. I try to speak in a softer voice.

Lana: "Shh...I'm not here to hurt you. Who did this to you?"

They reply, but it sounds like it's hard for them to speak.

Captive?: "Hard to see... masks on? Wait... bartender?"

Lana: "Bartender? Me?"

Captive?: "....alive then? Help."

I guess they recognize me. Patron from last night maybe? They do look a little familiar, but I can't place a name on him though.

Lana: "I'm going to try and get you out of here."

They just nod their head, breathing heavily. I'm worried about wasting time, so I 'tract my claws and get to clawing away.

Captive: [/small]"...careful."[/small]
>>
No. 1024701 ID: 15a025
File 164585238450.png - (6.70KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
1024701

With the rope gone, I'm able to get a better look at his injuries. Looks like he was stabbed in the lower stomach, and his legs are bleeding a bit. Looks like cut wounds? His eyes look bruised and one seems to be bleeding a bit.
The lynx dude tried to stand, but wobbles about.

Lana: "Whoa, easy!"

I manage to catch one of his arms and help him sit back down.

Lynx: "Help...out. They're still here."

Lana: "Slow down. You need to get patched up here first. Doesn't seem like you can stand well, let alone get down a set of stairs."

He nods his head.

>While he's talking, check the room for punch cards, find out who was here.
Alright, I gotta find those punch cards and see if there's a first aid kit in here.

Lana: "Was anyone else with you tonight?"

Lynx: "Yeah?... Band...bartender...you."

I remember having to work concert night, was bummed cause I had to work this one. Were they here after that though?

Digging through the drawers, I manage to find the folder with some punch cards. No first aid yet though. I take a quick peek at who was here most recently.

Lana- Time in: Oct.20th, 5:29 PM. Time out:

Virgil- Time in: Oct.20th, 6:05 PM. Time out: Oct. 21st, 12:05 AM.

Bruce- Time in: Oct. 20th, 4:30 AM. Time out:

Kaari- Time in: Oct.20th, 5:31 PM. Time out:

I get a headache thinking about those a bit. Virgil was the only one to clock one tonight? Looks like he left pretty shortly after closing. Guess the lack of time cards also shows how short staffed it was last night. No wonder I had drinks after work.

I get back to looking for the first aid kit, but no luck. I think there might be one in the break room somewhere, but I'm not sure I want to leave this dude in here alone. Same time, I don't think he's going to make it down the stairs safely.
>>
No. 1024733 ID: 50af53

Ask him if he knows what happened to the others, where they might be, and just to be hopeful, check for a working landline.

Also shut and lock the door. Don't want baddies getting the drop on you two.
>>
No. 1024793 ID: aba9fd

Virgil didn’t have any drinks after work right?

You’re in a bar, there’s gotta be running water, ice, and wash rags galore right? Rip some rags and tie them together if you need some wrappings or to tie a splint. Place is full of bar stools for splints too. Get this guy wrapped up somewhere safe with plenty of funny painkiller drinks and ice, and try to get some info from him before he inevitably passes out.

Also ask if he wants any water he’s prolly a thirsty boy after screaming and being tortured for however long he’s been there.
>>
No. 1024856 ID: 15a025
File 164594014492.png - (6.70KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
1024856

>Virgil didn’t have any drinks after work right?
Right, I think? I don't remember him staying for drinks anyway.

> just to be hopeful, check for a working landline.
Oh right! Landline. Nine-one-one is probably going to be more helpful here-

Never mind, the phone lines been cut. Same as the power cord for the security monitor.

>ask him if he knows what happened to the others, where they might be.
Lana: "Do you know where the others are?"

Lynx: "...no.."

>You’re in a bar, there’s gotta be running water, ice, and wash rags galore right? Rip some rags and tie them together if you need some wrappings or to tie a splint.
Plenty of ice to go around yet. Helped me get out of the freezer after all.

Lana: "Gonna have to risk it then, I'm going to head back to the break room for supplies to dress those wounds with."

He doesn't respond much, still just breathing heavily.
>>
No. 1024857 ID: 15a025
File 164594016825.png - (5.18KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
1024857

I don't waste any time and rush down into the break room, making sure to lock the door on my way out. I'm able to quickly find some clean towels and rags under the microwave. Probably should get one of these wet to help clean the dude up with too.

I fumble around with the sink and start the water-
>>
No. 1024858 ID: 15a025
File 164594021634.gif - (29.58KB , 800x600 , 28.gif )
1024858

"GRGRGRGRGKTHTKHTKHTKTH!!!!"

I gasp and jump away from the sink, dropping some towels while my hearts races. W..who the hell left the garbage disposal running?

Wait...this sink doesn't have a garbage disposal, does it?
>>
No. 1024862 ID: 894419

>>1024858
Homeslice is getting garroted in the next room garb that broken procelain(?) on the ground and run in there to save him!
>>
No. 1024873 ID: e51896

you probably set off a trap. turn water off, go in next room quick!
>>
No. 1025380 ID: 15a025
File 164651482348.png - (5.22KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
1025380

>Homeslice is getting garroted in the next room garb that broken procelain(?) on the ground and run in there to save him!
>you probably set off a trap. turn water off, go in next room quick

I panic and scramble to shut the faucet off. I can hear a grindy-kinda sound still, though it sounds a little different now? I ignore for now and rush back upstairs with the towels.
>>
No. 1025381 ID: 15a025
File 164651485951.png - (6.79KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
1025381

Lana: "Are you okay? I heard a loud grinding noise coming from somewhere."

He just nods his head.

I don't waste any more time and get to wrapping towels over his wounds.

Lana: "You holding up alright?"

Lynx: "...water?"

>ask if he wants any water he’s prolly a thirsty boy after screaming and being tortured for however long he’s been there.
Lana: "You want some water?"

He nods his head again.

Lana: "Alright let's see..."

I don't want to mess with the break room faucet again, that weird sound has me-

gueergh...gueergh....guuuergh

Shit, that sounds like something being dragged or moved around downstairs?
>>
No. 1025452 ID: c7b480

You need to get the fuck out of there or at least get somewhere that sound isn't audible.

That sink water does not look at all trustworthy anyway. Melted ice would probably be the safest thing to drink all things considered.
>>
No. 1025521 ID: 15a025
File 164661691839.png - (6.89KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
1025521

>You need to get the fuck out of there or at least get somewhere that sound isn't audible.
The only other places I haven't checked are the concert hall, stage, and backstage room. I should probably get in there once I'm sure this guy is going to be okay.

>That sink water does not look at all trustworthy anyway. Melted ice would probably be the safest thing to drink all things considered.
I think for now, my best bet is getting back in the break room with the lynx dude. I could either crush up some ice or melt it up in the microwave for'em.

Lana: "I'm taking you down to the break room, gotta get you hydrated. Think you can walk okay?"

Lynx: "Yeah...think so."

His breathing and speech sounds a little more stable, so that's good.
>>
No. 1025522 ID: 15a025
File 164661693775.png - (6.91KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
1025522

I grab my broom and we get out of the security room. We make our way to the break room, but I freeze in place when I hear another muffled voice. I look over and there's two figures at the bar now.
>>
No. 1025523 ID: 15a025
File 164661700574.png - (5.92KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
1025523

Masked Figure: "My patience is wearing thin here. Your drummer is nowhere in the building, nor is the money. If there weren't plans to hold the two of you ransom at this point, I'd be cutting losses."

The cat by the bar remains silent as the masked figure brandishes a knife.

Masked Figure: "I've tried playing nice with you, but I guess if you won't help us with where that drummer or the money is and we've gotta resort to a ransom... I'll just have to rough you up more for the ransom pic."
>>
No. 1025532 ID: 96c896

Grab something heavier than the broom, sneak up and bash him over the head.
>>
No. 1025537 ID: c7b480

As I see it there’s two big options here, but I’m not sure which one is best.

>Save Yourself
Not interfering with this is the best chance at making it out of this alive for both you and the lynx, and your safety is more important than anything right now, especially when your girlfriend is likely in danger too, you can’t get her out of here if you’re dead. A scuffle would make a lot of noise and by the sounds of it, this guy isn’t working alone and could just make your situation worse. Whatever this person plans on doing to Allinen, you probably don’t want to watch.


>Be a Hero
This is the stupid option, but it could work.

You’re the security around here, are you really just going to stand idle while these bastards fuck with the patrons. They don’t know about your presence yet so this is your best chance to strike. The most important thing is if you’ll have to engage them from the front or not. If you can get them from behind then hitting them over the head with a bar stool would probably knock them unconscious. If you have to engage them from the front, that’ll be a whole lot harder. You definitely do not want to get stabbed so using your size and the range of your mop is key. If the lynx has the energy and is willing to help then it’s best that they stay away from the fight and untie Allinen first, from there it’d be a 3v1, assuming no one comes to help this guy.

However it goes, the fight’s going to be determined by the person who’s holding the knife by the end of it, so if you’re going to fight you better have the knife in your hands, not in your chest.
>>
No. 1025555 ID: 894419

Run up on this punk, get him in the small of the back with the broom, then proceed to wail on him with a bar stool (better hope those aren't bolted into the floor.
>>
No. 1025569 ID: 50af53

I'd say save them, but since they straight up said they aren't killing the tied up cat you have some time to prepare at least.

I just realized. You both have claws, right? Won't have as heavy of a hit as a bat or blade but it's something to consider.
>>
No. 1025866 ID: fcd3dd

if you think you can [i]quietly[i] pick up a barstool or something to use on them, do that, but we don’t want to risk attracting attention with a loud scraping noise or something. either way, no matter what you hit them with, be thorough. if you can only startle/disorient with a whack from the mop handle, then take the opportunity to bash their head really good against the edge of the bar. y’know, just to be safe.
>>
No. 1026009 ID: 2ec0f0

Ur a bouncer, ur a badass, ur a B I G W O M A N.

Go kick this wanabe Jason’s ass
>>
No. 1026068 ID: 15a025
File 164713665146.png - (5.26KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
1026068

>I'd say save them, but since they straight up said they aren't killing the tied up cat you have some time to prepare at least.
I...guess? The longer I take though, the longer they could be getting harmed. We both take cover behind the knocked over table to stay hidden for now.

>They don’t know about your presence yet so this is your best chance to strike. The most important thing is if you’ll have to engage them from the front or not.
This is could just be up to chance and how well I can sneak. Plenty of knocked over tables I can use to hide behind-

My thoughts are cut off by the captive cat yowling in pain. I ignore my gut feeling and look up anyway. All I see is the assailant's back is turned. Guess that's my shot at getting closer.

>hitting them over the head with a bar stool would probably knock them unconscious.
>Grab something heavier than the broom, sneak up and bash him over the head.
>if you think you can [i]quietly[i] pick up a barstool or something to use on them, do that, but we don’t want to risk attracting attention with a loud scraping noise or something.

Bar stools are bolted into the floor so patrons don't do that to each other. I'm able to grab a more hefty wood chair, minus a busted off leg. I motion at the lynx to the captive and try to just mouth out help her. Then motion at myself going to the assailant.

Lana: "Me first..."

I wince as I hear her screaming in pain again, and make my move...
>>
No. 1026069 ID: 15a025
File 164713669042.png - (9.05KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
1026069

The chair makes a loud crack as I smash it over the back of their head. They yelp in pain on impact.
>>
No. 1026070 ID: 15a025
File 164713670796.png - (6.40KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
1026070

The blow knocks them down on their knees, but I can hear them growling. I can't see if they dropped their knife or where it went...
>>
No. 1026071 ID: 15a025
File 164713672590.png - (6.32KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
1026071

>if you can only startle/disorient with a whack from the mop handle, then take the opportunity to bash their head really good against the edge of the bar. y’know, just to be safe.
I keep the pressure on, I don't think they're staying conscious after some more blunt head trauma. I hurry up and grab the straps of their mask and slam their head into the edge of the bar.
>>
No. 1026072 ID: 15a025
File 164713679390.png - (6.25KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
1026072

I feel a very sharp pain in my leg as something hits it...
>>
No. 1026088 ID: b5c538

Can't let that stop you now. Gotta Keep that adrenaline pumping or they'll get the upper hand.

Knocking them out doesn't seem to be working so the mask is probably cushioning the blows. But you've get them in a great position pinned against the bar. Put your weight on him, get him in an arm lock and pressing him into the wall while he's still on the ground. Try to get their hand away from the knife, it's all they've got on you right now. Hopefully the lynx can come and support you after that.

Hopefully as well that there's none of this goons friends that he can shout to for help.
>>
No. 1026090 ID: 4db88c

>>1026088
Yeah use your size to your advantage, you gotta pin his blade arm at all costs
>>
No. 1026425 ID: 15a025
File 164747233398.png - (6.23KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
1026425

>Knocking them out doesn't seem to be working so the mask is probably cushioning the blows. But you've get them in a great position pinned against the bar.
>Can't let that stop you now. Gotta Keep that adrenaline pumping or they'll get the upper hand.
The burning pain is making it hard to keep them pinned like this.

>Put your weight on him, get him in an arm lock and pressing him into the wall while he's still on the ground.
>Yeah use your size to your advantage, you gotta pin his blade arm at all costs
It's all or nothing then. I sink my claws into their head to try and help keep them pinned. I try and lean in and put my weight in on their back while I try to work the knife out of my leg. It doesn't feel like it's in too deep, but this asshole will not give up. I end up having to dig my claws into their arm and eventually I get the damn knife out.

>Hopefully the lynx can come and support you after that.
I glance over to my right, but I don't see him up here yet? The masked figure is still fighting and growling to get out of my hold. I've gotta decide what the hell I'm doing with this mutt here. Can't exactly just toss them outside when the door's are boarded up.
>>
No. 1026426 ID: 96c896

>>1026425
Is the knife out of his hand? On the floor? If he can't get to it, then you can get him in a chokehold until he passes out.
>>
No. 1026450 ID: 15a025

>>1026426
Lana has the knife in her possession right now. She was supposed to mention that, but looks like that bit of dialog got lost?
>>
No. 1026801 ID: 15a025
File 164782222991.png - (6.16KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
1026801

>get him in a chokehold until he passes out.
I get the knife out of their reach and throw them into a chokehold. For all the fight this fucker had, it sure doesn't take long before they're limp.

I take the knife and get over to Allinen. Things more the size of a kitchen knife or small machete now that I look at it. I motion for the lynx dude to get up here while I cut the rope.

Lana: "Should be safe for now. Can you get up Allinen?"

No response? I tap her face a bit, but nothing.

Lana: "Shit...stay with me here!"

I check her over better, she's still breathing and got a pulse so that's good. Her face looks bruised and bloody, and her ear's bleeding badly as well.
>>
No. 1026802 ID: 15a025
File 164782226857.png - (6.35KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
1026802

I also notice the lynx guy is still not coming up here either. I look back for a second and the poor dude looks utterly skittish and horrified.
>>
No. 1026806 ID: 96c896

Bugger. Get the ropes off of Allinen, and put them on the ruffian.
>>
No. 1026815 ID: 2d73ab

Probably cant deal with this amount of trauma. Especially after already getting beat to shit. Seems you're the most able to get rough right now. Say. Does this dude look at all like the guy you told to scram last night?

Tying up the goon comes first but be sure patch up alinnen and especially your leg.
>>
No. 1026904 ID: 15a025
File 164791313053.png - (6.30KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
1026904

>Bugger. Get the ropes off of Allinen, and put them on the ruffian.
>Tying up the goon comes first but be sure patch up alinnen and especially your leg.
I get back to cutting the rope and freeing Allinen. I struggle to get myself back up. The pain in my leg burns, but it's manageable. Then I tie up the intruder to the bar stool before they regain consciousness.

>Does this dude look at all like the guy you told to scram last night?
The lynx guy, or the canine I just knocked out? The lynx looks familiar, but not in a trouble maker kind of way? Still not remembering much about last night though. I don't even remember seeing Allinen. I think I only recognize her since she's part of a band me and Kaari listen to.

The canine doesn't look familiar at all.
>>
No. 1026905 ID: 15a025
File 164791314736.png - (6.02KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
1026905

Getting Allinen up and somewhere safe is another matter now. Unless she wakes up here, getting her up stairs is out of the question. I just clench my teeth and force myself to lift and carry her. I point at the break room door, and we head in there.
>>
No. 1026906 ID: 15a025
File 164791344527.png - (6.59KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
1026906

I set her down and bust out more rags and towels.

Lana: "Can you grab that mop and sweep the glass into a corner while I try to clean and dress our wounds?"

He shakes his head and replies very dryly. He sounds awful.
Lynx: "No...no mop?"

Shit, right. I was carrying that around for self-defense. I must have left it back there.
He points at the sink.

Lana: "Sink is being funky right now, I don't trust the water coming out. There's ice in the freezer I can melt for you in a moment."

He nods his head again, and I get to tying rags around my leg and cleaning up Allinen a bit.
>>
No. 1026907 ID: 15a025
File 164791347079.png - (6.51KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
1026907

After that I drag out a bag of ice and melt some up in a plastic cup for the lynx. He chugs down like a fish gasping for water.

Lynx: "P...please, more.."

He sounds a little better, his voice is really shaken and scratchy still.
>>
No. 1026908 ID: 15a025
File 164791350216.png - (5.62KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
1026908

I go to microwave some more ice for him, when I start to hear Allinen groan a bit.

Allinen: "Eugh...hell. Now where..?"
>>
No. 1026909 ID: 15a025
File 164791353870.png - (5.52KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
1026909

She gets up and looks dazed for a moment, and then starts to look aggressive and hisses at the lynx dude

Allinen: "Norbert, you-you-"

She stops, and starts shaking and breathing heavily.

Allinen: "What the hell did you and Dente drag us into..."
>>
No. 1026913 ID: 96c896

>>1026909
That is a good question. Warn them both to keep their voices down regardless.
Speaking of which, if there's any other gang members in here then the guy you knocked out is going to yell for help once he wakes up, which means you're going to want to gag him and get him out of view. Depending on how badly your leg wound is bleeding you might have to deal with that first though.
>>
No. 1027018 ID: 713339

Quickly fill her in on the situation, and make sure the masked asshole is tied right and gagged. Don’t want him waking up and making noise. Once all immediate issues are settled, you gotta deal with your leg. Check how bad the bleeding is and such, that thing has fragile arteries in it you don’t want nicked.
>>
No. 1027105 ID: 15a025
File 164808283962.png - (6.50KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
1027105

>That is a good question. Warn them both to keep their voices down regardless.
Lana: "Hey shh! Keep your voices down."

Allinen jumps and panics for a moment.

Allinen: "Don't jump out of nowhere like that!"

She didn't see me?

Lana: "Sorry. I-try to take some deep breathes, there's a lot going on here. Norbert? Do you know why we're all boarded up in here with a masked asshole?"

Norbert: "Please...more water."

Allinen: "No, why... why are they after us for fifty grand like this!"

My head turns a little when I hear that. Fifty grand? I throw some more ice in the microwave and get back to nipping this argument before it worsens.

Lana: "Hey, chill. Neither of you are in any shape to be getting worked up right now."
>Quickly fill her in on the situation,
Lana: "Let's share info so far while that melts. All I know right now is, I woke up locked in the freezer and that was about four am. Found a dead delivery guy in a locker, and then busted the lyn- Norbert? I got him free out of the security room. Then I knocked out the guy in the mask and brought you back here."

Allinen: "I woke up tied to the busted amp from last night. Two creeps in masks were asking me questions about Norbert, or where Dente and their money is. I could hear Syvaa screaming back stage as well for awhile."

Lana: "So, there's at least two masked dudes running around, plus maybe another if someone was backstage there with Syvaa?"
>>
No. 1027106 ID: 15a025
File 164808294671.png - (5.88KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
1027106

Microwaves beeps for a second before I quickly open it. I give the cup over to Norbert.

Norbert: "Thanks."

Dude chugs it all down in one gulp, and Allinen stares glaring at him.
He looks sweaty with fear and guilt.

Norbert: "So uh...Dente was taking loans for drugs and these guys want their money now."

Allinen: "And how are you related in all this fucking mess?"

Norbert: "H...hey I paid for my stuff out of pocket-"
>>
No. 1027107 ID: 15a025
File 164808296743.png - (7.19KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
1027107

Allinen: "Oh you're paying for it all right!"

Shit! I try to grab her, but she rushes up and decks the dude right in the face!
>>
No. 1027108 ID: 15a025
File 164808301871.png - (6.26KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
1027108

I pull her away before she can hit him again. She feels tense, but doesn't resist much.

Lana: "Alright, nope. I don't care if he deserves that or not, you need to cool it. Beating each other up isn't getting us out alive."

She just looks down and doesn't say anything.

Lana: "Norbert, you okay?"

Norbert: "I'll live."

> if there's any other gang members in here then the guy you knocked out is going to yell for help once he wakes up, which means you're going to want to gag him and get him out of view.
> make sure the masked asshole is tied right and gagged. Don’t want him waking up and making noise.
Didn't think of that. Some towels should work out fine? Mask might help keep the towels in place. I'm worried if I should take these two with me as well though. I can't risk a fight like that happening again out in the main bar area, but I also don't want something happening while I'm gone.

> Depending on how badly your leg wound is bleeding you might have to deal with that first though.
> Once all immediate issues are settled, you gotta deal with your leg. Check how bad the bleeding is and such, that thing has fragile arteries in it you don’t want nicked.

I'm not much of a medical expert, so far I've got some towels wrapped around it tightly. Is there anything else I can or should do with it? Thinking about it, lotta ice back here for icing wounds as well.
>>
No. 1027110 ID: 96c896

>>1027108
Towel wrap is fine for now. Most important thing is to keep pressure on it, though it's also good to clean it first so it doesn't get infected... but we're pressed for time.

I think you want to go backstage next. Maybe you can get a better nonlethal weapon from somewhere... fire extinguisher? Let one of these two have the knife, as they'll be fighting in self-defense, which will mean using a lethal weapon is valid defense. Don't worry about them fighting, they're sane enough not to escalate while in a life or death situation. Probably.

Do you still have no access to a phone? Calling the police asap would really help you here.
>>
No. 1027116 ID: 713339

Stick the asshole in the fridge, but see if you can remove the handle first. They won’t die in there for a long while. Probably. Also use ice bags over the cloth gag. Might as well make it as much of a pain to spit out as possible. Unless you’ve seen duct tape sitting around.

This place has to have some weapons and supplies right? Knives? Everclear? Vodka? Something for wounds or pain? Plus a bottle can be a weapon.
>>
No. 1027296 ID: 15a025
File 164826067897.png - (6.44KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
1027296

>Do you still have no access to a phone? Calling the police asap would really help you here.
I get out of the freezer and ask Allinen.
Lana: "You got a cell phone Allinen?"

Allinen: "No, not on me. They must have took it while I was passed out."

>Towel wrap is fine for now. Most important thing is to keep pressure on it, though it's also good to clean it first so it doesn't get infected... but we're pressed for time.
Right, can't waste time melting ice all night. Maybe I could use some alcohol up at the bar?

>Stick the asshole in the fridge, but see if you can remove the handle first. They won’t die in there for a long while. Probably. Also use ice bags over the cloth gag. Might as well make it as much of a pain to spit out as possible. Unless you’ve seen duct tape sitting around.
Well, revenge is a dish best served cold as they say.

>Don't worry about them fighting, they're sane enough not to escalate while in a life or death situation. Probably.
Lana: "Can you two come with me out to the bar? I wanna try and drag the masked dude out of sight and tie them up in the freezer."

Norbert: "No, I'm- I don't think I'm going to be able to help much."

Allinen: "Yeah, I think you've helped us out enough tonight anyway."

Lana: "I'd rather not split up here. Norb, you don't have to help us carry them, but could come with and be our lookout?"

Norbert: Y-... Yeah.

His expression lightens up a little.
>>
No. 1027297 ID: 15a025
File 164826083262.png - (6.05KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
1027297

Back up at the front bar, I start quickly un-doing and re-tying the ropes the on this jerk. I've got it now so if they wake up on us, their limbs are still restrained. Just not tied to any furnishings.

>Maybe you can get a better nonlethal weapon from somewhere... fire extinguisher? Let one of these two have the knife, as they'll be fighting in self-defense, which will mean using a lethal weapon is valid defense.
>This place has to have some weapons and supplies right? Knives? Everclear? Vodka? Something for wounds or pain? Plus a bottle can be a weapon.
I stop to think for a moment. I'm almost certain we've got some high enough proof alcohol I could use for wounds. I've got a high enough pain tolerance that I could probably keep quiet, but I doubt that's going to be the case for Norb or Allinen. It's also dark, so reading labels is going to take a few moments to focus and double check.

Should have been a fire extinguisher in the break room, but I don't remember seeing it back there. I'm not sure why, but I feel like someone used it last night? Certainly doesn't look like there was fire here.

As for other weapons, I know there's some smaller knives we use for chopping up fruit. Not opposed to smashing some bottles either. Don't care about getting trouble with the boss for it, like he could prove what ones I broke what anyway.

Guess that's two big things to decide on.

1. Whose wounds should I try to clean up with alcohol?
2. Who should have what weapon? Feel like Norb or Allinen should get the big knife, which of them should have it, and what will I and the other use?

Once it's decided, we'll grab the supplies and haul this jerk into the freezer first, before they wake up. Then take care of the rest of things in the breakroom afterwords.
>>
No. 1027305 ID: 713339

You could always use a barstool as a weapon, just take the chair bit off. Or a heavy bottle, one of the fancy ones with a long neck and thick glass. Just empty it first. The knife could go to either but I say Allinen.

As far as who to use alcohol on, just pour it on everyone when you’re in the freezer. You’ll have ice nearby and it’s the least likely place anyone will hear you. You should have more than enough even with half a bottle. Just don’t use Rum or anything with sugar in it.
>>
No. 1027460 ID: 15a025
File 164842416166.png - (6.12KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
1027460

>You could always use a barstool as a weapon, just take the chair bit off. Or a heavy bottle, one of the fancy ones with a long neck and thick glass. Just empty it first. The knife could go to either but I say Allinen.
I'll give Allinen the mask dude's knife then.

>As far as who to use alcohol on, just pour it on everyone when you’re in the freezer. You’ll have ice nearby and it’s the least likely place anyone will hear you.
Then I'll carry around whatever bottle of alcohol we empty cleaning up wounds.
Lana: "Allinen, help me find some high enough proof alcohol behind the bar. It's going to hurt, but I want to make sure our wounds are cleaned."

Allinen: "I'll try, but it's kinda hard to see."

We're lucky, after only checking just a few bottles we find one with seventy percent alcohol in it. Still half full even. I also nab a nice big ol bottle of scotch. Decent size neck and thick base.
I hand Norb the bottles, along with the small knife.

Lana: "Can you carry these please?"

He just nods his head.
>>
No. 1027461 ID: 15a025
File 164842423168.png - (7.50KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
1027461

Allinen helps me haul jerk face into the freezer and tie and gag them up. My leg hurts a little more from the pressure, but it could be worse. It's about to be hurting a whole lot more anyway.

Lana: "Fuck, here goes nothing..."

Just to be safe and make sure I don't chomp down on my tongue, I sink my teeth into a rag. I don't think I can keep a steady hold on it as I pour. I'm worried the pain might make me even drop the bottle.

Lana: "Redy."

Allinen helps out and pours some alcohol onto my stab wound.

Lana: "Ergh!! FFFcck!!!"

Shit that stings a hell of a lot more than I expected. She stops pouring it the second I start cussing in pain.

Allinen: "Sorry! Did I pour too much?"

I spit out the cloth,

Lana: "No, fuck it still burns... Probably enough to keep it clean for now. I think?"
>>
No. 1027462 ID: 15a025
File 164842425668.png - (7.50KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
1027462

I get my leg wrapped back up while Allinen gets Norb ready next.

Lana: "Are you sure you can handle it Norbert?"

Norbert: "Just...get it over with please."

She tries to pour it slow and carefully, but he keeps jutting around and hissing in pain.

Norb: "Ma...man it st- stings really bad."

Allinen: "Sorry..."
>>
No. 1027463 ID: 15a025
File 164842429351.png - (5.61KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
1027463

She pauses for a moment, her arm doesn't look very steady as she tries to pour it again. A large stream of alcohol comes out all at once. Norbert screams in pain, and Allinen drops the bottle in shock. Nothing breaks, but my stomach starts knotting up. Allinen starts crying.

Allinen: "Norbert, I... I can't do it. Lana I can't do this to him!"
>>
No. 1027466 ID: 96c896

Well nice to see they've buried the hatchet. Also, that scream was loud, but... maybe the gang will think he was just being tortured by mask dude.

Anyway that was enough, we're done with sterilization.

You could set up an ambush point outside this room, or in this room, in case a gang member comes to check.
>>
No. 1027501 ID: 769005

>>1027466
Ambush sounds wise!
>>
No. 1027502 ID: 769005

>>1027466
Ambush sounds wise!
>>
No. 1027519 ID: 25084d

Gurl, you just hand delivered the dude a knuckle sandwich. Don't be shedding tears saying you can't handle giving him first aid. At least finish patching up home slice here with those towels and rags.
>>
No. 1027557 ID: 15a025
File 164851914863.png - (5.30KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
1027557

>that was enough, we're done with sterilization.
>At least finish patching up home slice here with those towels and rags.
I try to comfort her a bit,
Lana: "It's alright, that was enough Allinen. Come on, let's get these towel wraps back on him."

>that scream was loud, but... maybe the gang will think he was just being tortured by mask dude.
>You could set up an ambush point outside this room, or in this room, in case a gang member comes to check.
>Ambush sounds wise!
There's a series of knocks, followed by a muffled voice. A chill rolls down my spine as we all stand frozen in terror.

???: "Collieen! The hell are you doing in there! I fucking heard those screams, did your ass forget the boss needs her for the ransom!"

My stomach crunches up and I feel my heart skipping a beat. We all stand in silence, but Allinen still tearing up, and lets out a few sniffles.

???: "Collieen! Everything going okay?!"

My body tenses up as he keeps knocking. I don't know what to do. How do we-

???: "Damn it, I'm coming in. She better not be fucking dead!"

I-shit. The ambush. He... might not know we're all in the freezer. There's gotta be something I can do to get him.
>>
No. 1027587 ID: e7c7d3

Bottle to the face
>>
No. 1027683 ID: 50af53

We have the element of suprise but no idea how big this person is or what they've got on them, steel yourself for anything.

Tell alinnen to scream in pain or throw some junk around to get them in here. After that, once again, it's most important to try and get them to the ground where the others will HOPEFULLY support you this time. Start with >>1027587 and while they're dazed, get them off balance somehow. Remember you have a knife in the room. Just in case.
>>
No. 1027761 ID: 713339

Time to hide behind the door with that heavy bottle and start bonk'n.

Or, uhh, maybe try and imitate his voice? Say you're just having a little harmless fun in there. Toenails grow back right? Bonk as a last resort. Try goofin first
>>
No. 1028270 ID: 15a025
File 164911871001.png - (4.60KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
1028270

>We have the element of suprise but no idea how big this person is or what they've got on them, steel yourself for anything.
>Time to hide behind the door with that heavy bottle and start bonk'n.
I get in position by the freezer door. Hopefully they won't look through the broken window and see me.

>Tell Allinen to scream in pain or throw some junk around to get them in here.
Lana: "When you hear him bust in, start screaming in pain. Hopefully they'll walk in here and, I'm...I'm going to try and knock them out with the bottle."

I hear the break room door fly open. Allinen lets out a painful shriek and starts sobbing.
Allinen "Stop! I told you! I don't know where else she'd be! Please-"

There's a slow, clacking sound coming from the break room. I can feel my fur standing up as I shake with anxiety. Allinen starts coughing and continues sobbing.

Allinen: "Please...Spare me!"
>>
No. 1028271 ID: 15a025
File 164911874480.png - (5.35KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
1028271

I hear the glass crunch as they approach the freezer door. Shortly after it flies open and a tall figure comes in.

I slam down the bottled as hard as I can onto their head, it shatters and glass goes flying everywhere.

???: "Ugh, the hell?"
>>
No. 1028272 ID: 15a025
File 164911884278.png - (5.31KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
1028272

Dude turns around and grabs my arm.

???: "You ain't Collieen."

Urk... He's got a tight hold. I try to move my arm forward and stab him with the busted bottle but I just can't. I try to get a better look at the dude while I try to struggle out of his hold.

Curly horns? Ah fuck, this dude some kind of goat?

Goat: "You ain't worth shit for ransom either."

I let out a little snarl of pain as he starts squeezing my wrist harder. It's getting harder to hold onto the bottle. I don't know if I should try doing something else myself, or if I should call out to Allinen for help.
>>
No. 1028275 ID: 96c896

Kick him in the jimmy!
>>
No. 1028295 ID: b5c538

Help would help. This guy seems really fucking strong, so drop the bottle knife and tell one of them to pick it up and the other with the regular knife to back you up. Hopefully, he'll back off. But he might not. If not, pull him, push him, kick him gooch, scratch him, do anything you can to get out of the grab cause I feel things will go really bad if you can't.
>>
No. 1028301 ID: 3b7e9c

>>1028295
all these things and more!
>>
No. 1028315 ID: 35f8c1

Oh yeah, horns. That’s a thing. He’s got you on strength, but you can still swivel your wrist. Grabbing someone when they got something sharp in their hands is a quick way to get cut. Failing that, knee him in the balls and don’t stop kicking. Fighting dirty is all you have right now, and he’s not going to feel bad doing worse to you.
>>
No. 1029505 ID: 15a025
File 165017039243.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
1029505

>This guy seems really fucking strong, so drop the bottle knife and tell one of them to pick it up and the other with the regular knife to back you up.
I let go of the bottle and thankfully doesn't shatter anymore. Then I try to kick it over to Allinen and Norb.
Lana: "Little help here?!"

He doesn't even turn to see the others. His focus stays on me.

>Hopefully, he'll back off. But he might not. If not, pull him, push him, kick him gooch, scratch him, do anything you can to get out of the grab cause I feel things will go really bad if you can't.
I'll have to rely on my claws here then. I try digging into his arm, but his grip doesn't let up a bit. All I get is a grunt out of him.

Lana: "Damn it, let go!"

He pounds the side of my head!
>>
No. 1029506 ID: 15a025
File 165017042336.png - (5.24KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
1029506

>Kick him in the jimmy!
>knee him in the balls and don’t stop kicking. Fighting dirty is all you have right now, and he’s not going to feel bad doing worse to you.

I don't want to risk him grabbing my other arm, so I give this asshole a swift kick below the belt!

I hear him grunt in pain and-
>>
No. 1029507 ID: 15a025
File 165017053144.png - (5.86KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
1029507

Allinen: "Lana!"

My legs shake as I watch her get knocked to the ground.

Masked Goat: "Ugh, hell."

Shit shit shit... Lana please get back up!

Fuck... I- I'm, we're fucked. My paws are clenched around the knife she gave me, but there's no way in hell I can take this dude on.

I- can't even focus. I hear noises but can't understand anything.
>>
No. 1029512 ID: d141de

Good, good. Don't focus on any noise right now. Focus on him, one of the people who've been beating and torturing you and your friends and coworkers all night, turning a fine night into the most agonizing hours of your life.

Turn all that fear and pain into laser focus, into rage, you have in your hand not a knife, but the tool that can give you ability to take this situation by the throat and stab that man repeatedly while he's distracted with thoughts of killing your new friend.
>>
No. 1030020 ID: 6749b6

What he do to Lana? Gurl get after him already, don't just stand and watch.
>>
No. 1030717 ID: 15a025
File 165119680670.png - (5.71KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
1030717

>Gurl get after him already, don't just stand and watch
>Focus on him, one of the people who've been beating and torturing you and your friends and coworkers all night.
>Turn all that fear and pain into laser focus, into rage, you have in your hand not a knife, but the tool that can give you ability to take this situation by the throat and stab that man repeatedly

I clench the knife as hard as I can and gun it for the asshole. I thrust my arm forward and dig into his back with it!

I hear him bleat out in pain, and pull- pull the-
>>
No. 1030719 ID: 15a025
File 165119688489.png - (5.60KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
1030719

Allinen: Fuck...
I can't get the knife out!
I keep trying to pull it back out, but he's moving around and grabbing around behind his back!
>>
No. 1030720 ID: 96c896

>>1030719
Twist it instead.
>>
No. 1030744 ID: e5709d

Twist the blade, but also, punch him in the head!
>>
No. 1031227 ID: 15a025
File 165170955137.png - (10.83KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
1031227

>Twist it instead.
>Twist the blade, but also, punch him in the head!
I try twisting the knife while his arms keep flailing around. It's starts to loosen up before he elbows me in the head, knocking me down.
I groan a bit as I start getting back up. Things are kinda blurry, but I still feel I'm holding onto the knife.

Dude sounds like he's breathing heavily from all that, but it looks like he's still-
>>
No. 1031228 ID: 15a025
File 165170957621.png - (11.37KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
1031228

Another figure approaches the goat dude, Norb?!

Norbert: "I can't watch this anymore. I can't stand s-seeing you all getting hurt for my fuck up like this."
>>
No. 1031229 ID: 15a025
File 165170963251.png - (8.77KB , 800x800 , 69.png )
1031229

Norbert: "You want your money? Here's a ten cent deposit!"

I get up to the masked guy and thrust the glass bottle into his gut. We're both breathing heavily, but I ease up once I see him collapse.

I...I'm not sure what to do next. The security girl looks like she's still out cold, and Allinen is just staring at the ground.
>>
No. 1031341 ID: 50af53

Good on ya bein all brave and shit finally. Help up Allinen and prop up Lana. Check them both over if you've got any idea what something wrong would look like. At least Lana that lady's a beast and you've all gotta look out for eachother right now.
>>
No. 1031557 ID: 15a025
File 165198729210.png - (5.64KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
1031557

>Good on ya bein all brave and shit finally. Help up Allinen and prop up Lana.
I get over to Allinen's side and wince as I help her up.

Allinen: "Is...is it over now?"

Norbert: "I wish. Man, I just fucking jammed a busted bottle into a goat. The security guard is out cold, we're still trapped in here-"

Allinen: "I meant...he's down for good. Right?"

Norbert: "I hope, but I sure as hell ain't bending down to check."

Allinen: "So you're going to make me check instead?"

Norbert: "I'm checking on the bouncer to make sure she didn't bounce six feet under on us."

We both go and grab Lana, and get her propped up against the opposite wall.

Norbert: "Did you see what happened to her?"

Allinen: "I think he hit her in the head? I can't really remember."

I feel around her head and try to look her over, but it's pretty dark. I don't see any blood so that's good, right?

Allinen: "I can feel her pulse!"

Norbert: "So she's just conked out then?"

Shit, there anything to help wake her up then?
>>
No. 1031569 ID: 96c896

>>1031557
You could splash water on her face or otherwise give her some kind of physical shock. Or put something smelly under her nose.
>>
No. 1031572 ID: b5c538

Pretty sure there's no way too wake up from getting knocked out until blood flow goes back to normal. All I could suggest is to keep her comfortable. Maybe lay her down and put the remainder of the ice pack on the spot she got hit.
>>
No. 1032142 ID: 15a025
File 165248532507.png - (5.78KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
1032142

Author's note, lighting changed a bit since it was hard to see these panels.

>You could splash water on her face or otherwise give her some kind of physical shock.
Norbert: "Think maybe splashing some water on her would help?"

Allinen: "Didn't she say earlier the water was nasty or something?"

Norbert: "Oh shit, Right. She melted ice cubes so I could drink something."

>Pretty sure there's no way too wake up from getting knocked out until blood flow goes back to normal. All I could suggest is to keep her comfortable. Maybe lay her down and put the remainder of the ice pack on the spot she got hit.
Norbert: "We could probably give her an ice pack, right?"

Allinen: "You're going to hold a giant bag of ice on her head?"

Norbert: Ugh, those do look pretty heavy? Maan, we gotta do something here. Maybe we could wrap some in one of those towels instead?"

I dig out some ice cubes an clump'em up in a towel.

Norbert: "Can you hold it on her? I dunno if I can hold my arms up for long"

Allinen: "Yeah..."
>>
No. 1032143 ID: 15a025
File 165248537720.png - (5.64KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
1032143

We sit shaking in this freezer for a bit, waiting for her to wake up. It feels like forever, and damn it there's no clock in here or anything.
Norbert: "Fuck... Come on girl, wake up..."

Allinen: "What if she's hurt bad? What if it's a concussion or worse?"

Norbert: "No, it can't be that or worse. We're dead if she can't help us!"
I grab her and try to shake her awake,
Norbert: "No, come on Lana! Please get-"

Allinen: "Cut it out!"

She slaps me in the face.

Allinen: "You realize that shaking her is only going to make things worse!"

She shoves the towel ice pack into me.

Allinen: "If you got the energy to pull something stupid like that, then you can hold the ice pack on here for a bit."

???: "Emm..."

Norbert: "Was that? Oh please, wake up!"

I try tapping her face and shoving the ice pack on her. I start to hear a faint whimper.

Allinen: "Norbert?"

Norbert: "Yes! She's getting up-"

A muffled scream has me jolt around.
>>
No. 1032144 ID: 15a025
File 165248547589.png - (5.35KB , 800x600 , 73b.png )
1032144

Norbert: "Are you serious right now!"

The dog girl freaking out and struggling against the shelf we tied her to.

Norbert: "When I said wake up I didn't mean her!"

Augh, hell. What am I going to do? What if she busts free or something!?
>>
No. 1032168 ID: 50af53

I mean. What's she gonna do? She's tied up and you've got the knife. Just tell her to calm down and don't try anything or she'll end up knocked back out, or even further, like the dead man on the floor. It's not like she hasn't done or threatened to do worse to you guys.
>>
No. 1032169 ID: 96c896

Take off the mask. I'm curious to see if there's something in the mask that makes them extra tough.
>>
No. 1032706 ID: 15a025
File 165291519604.png - (7.04KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
1032706

>I mean. What's she gonna do? She's tied up and you've got the knife.
She might wiggle free and try to torture us more!
>tell her to calm down and don't try anything or she'll end up knocked back out, or even further, like the dead man on the floor. It's not like she hasn't done or threatened to do worse to you guys.
I pick up the knife and point it at her.
Norbert: "You-you wanna end up like him? Keep quiet and stay still then."

>Take off the mask. I'm curious to see if there's something in the mask that makes them extra tough.
Norbert: "Allinen, can you hold the knife? I'm going to take her mask off."

She gives me a weird look.
Allinen: "Why...?"

Norbert: "I wanna see what's with the mask that let her take such a beating earlier."

Allinen: "Whatever. It'd probably be helpful to see what your 'debt collector' here looks like."

I hand Allinen the knife, and then go to take the mask off this jerk.
Norbert: "Damn it, hold still..."

I un-strap the stupid thing and rip it off. It feels a lot thicker than it looks. There's like, some soft padding on the inside? Man, that can't be enough to take a few head smashes for her, can it?

Norbert: "She's gotta be on some-"

Allinen: "Damn it Norbert! Pay attention!"

Norbert: "Huh?!"
>>
No. 1032707 ID: 15a025
File 165291524664.png - (7.11KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
1032707

I look back at the dog girl and she's muffling and got slobber all over

Norbert: "Don't scare me like that! I thought you were in trouble or something."

Allinen: "She's choking!"
>>
No. 1032822 ID: 96c896

>>1032707
Look inside the mask, then put it back on the thug. Apparently they can't survive without it... something weird is going on.
>>
No. 1032845 ID: 6749b6

Why should we care?
>>
No. 1032850 ID: 50af53

Heimlich maneuver standards! Check airways, listen to see if it sounds like choking "Difficulty breathing or noisy breathing,
Squeaky sounds when trying to breathe,
Coughing, which may either be weak or forceful", then, perform heimlich, 5 blows between shoulders with an open hand, arms around and 5 blows just under the ribcage with a fist and your other hand wrapped around it.

If that don't work something weird is gon' on.
>>
No. 1032851 ID: 50af53

Gotta get her to talk. Can't do that if she's dead.
>>
No. 1032852 ID: 50af53

Also. Y'know pointless death is bad and everything.
>>
No. 1033077 ID: 2de4fd

Great, you know their weakness. Was the goat wearing a stupid fucking mask too?
>>
No. 1033279 ID: 15a025
File 165326694430.png - (6.44KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
1033279

>Heimlich maneuver standards! Check airways, listen to see if it sounds like choking
Norbert: "I-ugh...shit. Cut off that towel wrapped around her jaw!"

Allinen starts slicing off the towel while I get down and listen to her breathing. Sounds like a painful cough or like, something's stuck in her throat? Soon as the towel snaps off she's hacking out slobber and all kinds of nasty fluids.

>perform heimlich, 5 blows between shoulders with an open hand, arms around and 5 blows just under the ribcage with a fist and your other hand wrapped around it.
I get behind her and try to get a good position. These shelf poles aren't making it easy.

Allinen: "What are you doing?"

Norbert: "Hoping I'm remembering how to do the Heimlich right!"
I wince in pain as I try to help dislodge whatever it is she's choking on.

After the fifth blow there, I hear a wet 'plop' as a nasty ass plastic bag hits the ground. I wait a few moments and it sounds like she's catching her breath.

???: "Fucks sake...

>Gotta get her to talk. Can't do that if she's dead.
Well, sounds like she can talk. What question(s) should I ask her?
>>
No. 1033283 ID: 96c896

>>1033279
"the fuck is that bag?"
"who do you work for?"
"what's with the masks?"
>>
No. 1033316 ID: 6749b6

How did they even manage to swallow or choke on that?
>>
No. 1033423 ID: 15a025
File 165339528290.png - (6.78KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
1033423

>"the fuck is that bag?"
Norbert: "What's with the bag?"

Dog: "Fucking...you tell me. I wake up to dead partner and choke on a ball of plastic."

Norbert: "How did you even manage to choke on that?"

Dog: "I- How about telling me which one of you killed him-!"

Allinen hisses at her,: "Keep it down!"

Norbert: "R...right. We're asking you questions."

>"who do you work for?"
Norbert: "Like who are you working for, or...under? You don't look like anyone me or Dente got...deals from."

Dog: "We're the debt collection group for your dealers. We work directly for them. Get the money anyway possible, through any means possible."

she starts chuckling a bit.

Allinen: "What's so funny down there?"

Dog: "Any means at all... Man, we were going to have making your record label or whoever shit themselves with your ransom. Mmm...gruesome photos, maybe some chopped ears in the mail, maybe a declawing? We thought of even auctioning one of those online to your fans... what do you think one of your claws are worth anyway?"

Norbert: "Hopefully the fifty grand Dente owes..."

Allinen: "Norb shut up!"

Dog: "Nah, keep talking with me now Norb. You and that fox knew this was coming. Tell her how you and the band went on tour just to shake us off."

Allinen: "You what?!"

Norbert: "No! We already had our trip around counties before all this. It was kinda convenient timing though... That's not the point!"

Dog: "You're very lucky your band is a worthwhile ransom though. Shame the others around you aren't though, huh Norb?"

I have no idea what she's talking about here-
>>
No. 1033424 ID: 15a025
File 165339532820.png - (5.24KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
1033424

Allinen: "How fucking far is this going Norb!"

Oh shit, why she got the knife pointed at the me! I put my arms up.

Norbert: "I thought you we were back on good terms here?"

That stupid dog is laughing in the corner again.

Allinen: "Who else is in trouble because of you!"

Dog: "Friends, family...anyone who'd cough up some info.

Shit, there's gotta be some way I can diffuse the situation here. Allinen is fuming with anger here.
>>
No. 1033427 ID: 50af53

I'm honestly not sure anything you could directly say to her would help. Not even a heartfelt sorry. But I also don't think she's actually gonna stab you unless you somehow get her angrier. She's in a very emotional state from the situation you two ended up putting her and everyone else here in cause you guys, but mostly Dente from what you said, fucked up. Maaaan you guys fucked up. Like. We're you both high when he made the deal? Anyway. Hadn't Lana made some noise? Maybe the possibility she woke up will distract Allinen.
>>
No. 1033507 ID: 894419

>>1033427
yeah this a good idea, maybe try to redirect this, say lana is waking up and its more important to deal with that right now
>>
No. 1033534 ID: 2de4fd

The bouncer lady's waking up, and the longer this guy talks to pit you against each other the more likely it is that your situation will get worse. Focus on what will let you survive.
>>
No. 1033606 ID: 15a025
File 165353136156.png - (6.76KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
1033606

>She's in a very emotional state from the situation you two ended up putting her and everyone else here in cause you guys, but mostly Dente from what you said, fucked up. Maaaan you guys fucked up. Like. We're you both high when he made the deal?
No no no man. I'm always sober when I'm making any deals or signing shit. This should have been all on Dente. She's the one who started a fire somehow and burnt up all their... ugh, inventory. Fifty grand worth the good stuff too...

>I'm honestly not sure anything you could directly say to her would help. Not even a heartfelt sorry. But I also don't think she's actually gonna stab you unless you somehow get her angrier.

Maan! Fuck, maybe just being quiet is my best choice her.
>>
No. 1033607 ID: 15a025
File 165353138844.png - (3.16KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
1033607

>Hadn't Lana made some noise? Maybe the possibility she woke up will distract Allinen.

> The bouncer lady's waking up, and the longer this guy talks to pit you against each other the more likely it is that your situation will get worse. Focus on what will let you survive.

...
>>
No. 1033608 ID: 15a025
File 165353142275.png - (4.30KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
1033608

"Ugh..."

I hold my head for moment. Feels like I got hit by truck or something.

Allinen: "- outta cut you off right here Norb!"

Seriously! These two are fighting again, and she's got a knife?! I groan as I get back up, my one leg still throbbing in pain. Might have to be careful here...

Norbert: "Lana?"

Allinen: "Lana ain't here to-!"
>>
No. 1033609 ID: 15a025
File 165353147886.png - (7.23KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
1033609

I get a firm grip on her arm.
Lana: "I ain't here to what?"
She freezes up and drops the knife.

Lana: "Mind explaining what the hell happened between you two while I was out? I thought we all buried the hatchet here?"

Norbert helps catch me up to speed, mentioning their victory over that goat and the interrogation.

Lana: "Did he help save us from the goat dude Allinen?"

Allinen: "Yes.."

Lana: "Then cut it out already. He knows he fucked up, but he's doing what he can to own up to it and get you out alive.
I start moving out of the freezer,
Lana: "Think that's more than what you're doing for yourself right now anyway."
>>
No. 1033611 ID: 15a025
File 165353171119.png - (5.15KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
1033611

I go out into the break room and dig in my pockets for my lighter. Forgot they're empty.

Lana: "Damn...I could really use a smoke break or something right now."

I gotta decide what I'm going to do here. I have no idea if I should bring Norb or Allinen around with me at this point. Last place for me to check is the concert hall and stage, and then the backstage room.

Lana: "Hope at least you're safe, Kaari..."
>>
No. 1033639 ID: 50af53

>"You ain't worth shit for ransom either."
I AM NOW FAR MORE WORRIED ABOUT KAARI.

I'd say Norbert. He knows a decent amount about what's going on and may have a better idea of what to expect. He's the most beat up of the three of you and pussyd out of danger when you could've used his help but he did just show he'll at least do something when it gets dire. I also feel like Alinnen's been through enough tonight. Though I would suggest muzzling the dogs mouth back up after after you're done grilling her so she can't continue trying to pit you guys against eachother. Maybe tell alinnen that they can all sort this out when the bands reunited everyone's out of mortal peril.
>>
No. 1033657 ID: 6749b6

Gurl you should know better now, you can't be walking empty handed in here. Get some protection.
>>
No. 1033703 ID: 894419

>>1033611
Bring Norb
>>
No. 1033709 ID: 15a025
File 165361270509.png - (5.23KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
1033709

>I'd say Norbert. He knows a decent amount about what's going on and may have a better idea of what to expect.
>Alinnen's been through enough tonight. Though I would suggest muzzling the dogs mouth back up after after you're done grilling her so she can't continue trying to pit you guys against eachother.

Yeah, with the shape he's in as well, it'd probably be best to keep my eyes on him. Allinen can probably take care of herself for now. I don't think I can trust she'd help Norb if something happened.
>>
No. 1033711 ID: 15a025
File 165361279665.png - (7.51KB , 800x600 , 85.png )
1033711

I head back inside to the freezer-

Norbert: "Shit, I thought you were leaving us for a moment."

Dog: "Shame you didn't, could have enjoyed watching the soap op-ghmf!"

I find another towel and wrap it around her mouth.
Lana: "You can watch it alone, on mute then."

Norbert: "What's the plan now?"

Lana: "Norb, you're going to come with me. You know more about what's going than I do. Allinen, I want you to stay in the break room for now and relax."

Allinen: "Why are you making me stay here alone?"

Lana: "You made it pretty clear you don't want to be involved in this-"

Allinen: "And you think he does?"

I hold back from snapping at her, I'm not sure I'm going to get through to her right now.

Lana: "We don't have time to argue here. Can you at least stay and keep watch on this dog?"

Allinen: "Yeah, alright."

>Gurl you should know better now, you can't be walking empty handed in here. Get some protection.
That's a good point. I can't leave Allinen un-armed either though.

Lana: "Allinen, I'm going to leave the knife with you in case something happens."

Norbert: "What about us Lana?"

Lana: "Let's see..."

Dog girl had a knife. Wonder what the goat dude had? I check his coat and find he's also got a knife. There's also a few set of keys-
Lana: "Oh you little shit..."

So that's who stole the freezer keys.
>>
No. 1033712 ID: 15a025
File 165361282547.png - (5.95KB , 800x600 , 86.png )
1033712

I take Norb and we go back out to the break room. I'm just about ready here to check the concert hall and front stage. Few things to decide first though,

1. Do I look for another weapon? Like, a real weapon. Lots of busted chairs and chair legs to grab on the way, but I'm talking knives or other sharp objects.

2. If not, which one of us should take the knife?
>>
No. 1033916 ID: 50af53

Waste no time. Knife goes to you, Norb gets whatever you guys passively find on the way. If it's a bludgeon of some kind, preferably metal and even more preferably weighty at the end.
>>
No. 1033999 ID: b01382

>>1033712
I dont know whats going on in the quest, but kick Dog for good meassure. Look for a weapon. Who here knows how to properly use a knife?
>>
No. 1034093 ID: 15a025
File 165399800454.png - (7.02KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
1034093

>Waste no time. Knife goes to you, Norb gets whatever you guys passively find on the way.
We make our way out of the break room and into the disaster zone left in the bar area.

Lana: "Can't waste much time. Norb, think you can grab a chair leg or something? I don't want you un-armed here."

Norbert: "Yeah, gotta get a leg up on these jerks in case things get heated."
>>
No. 1034094 ID: 15a025
File 165399807915.png - (5.07KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
1034094

As we enter the concert hall, I have to look away as the stage lights burn my eyes. I wince and feel around for the seats and take cover.
Norbert: "You hear that sound?"

Lana: "What so-"

Norbert: "Shh..."

I try to focus for a moment. I can hear some kind of bubbly sound? It's slow and kinda faint-

???: "Gmphgmhgg!

There's a splashing sound now as well?! Shit, are they drowning someone! I can hear another voice on stage as well,

???: "Getting a little tired of doing this here, you better start coughing up info instead of water!"

I hear the other coughing and gasping.

???: "You got ten seconds, what's it going to be!"

???: "I-I...all I did was wait on her tonight! I told you, I don't know anything else-"

I almost scream out her name when I hear her voice. I cover my mouth and try stay level headed, but that fucker is torturing my girl! I gotta get up on stage quickly, but how?
>>
No. 1034102 ID: 6749b6

Hol up gurl. didn't they cut the power? That's why it's been so dark isn't it? How they got them stage lights shining on ya.
>>
No. 1034116 ID: 50af53

Quietly. Gotta try and prevent them from having an instant hostage, but don't let that stop you from pouncing if you think they're about to kill her. Peek in so you can see how many there are and if they've set anything up.

All the interrogation going on is starting to make me think Dente either bounced or hid somehow.
>>
No. 1034499 ID: 15a025
File 165455891497.png - (5.05KB , 800x600 , 89.png )
1034499

>Hol up gurl. didn't they cut the power?

I...I never did try turning the lights on tonight...fuck. Could be a portable generator, or they only shut off certain fuses? I should probably worry about it later...

>All the interrogation going on is starting to make me think Dente either bounced or hid somehow.
I wish I could remember more from last night, but I'm drawing a blank with her. Did I even see her at all last night?

>Quietly. Gotta try and prevent them from having an instant hostage, but don't let that stop you from pouncing if you think they're about to kill her.

I try to take some deep breathes. I don't want to think about screwing up or her getting held hostage, but it's something I have to plan ahead for here.
>>
No. 1034500 ID: 15a025
File 165455902788.png - (6.63KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
1034500

>Peek in so you can see how many there are and if they've set anything up.
I wince, it's very hard to see with the stage lights shining in my face. Looks like two figures up on stage. Kaari's up there for sure. Other figure must be the dude torturing her? I hear more water-y sounds as I watch.

???: "I already know you waited on her!"

Kaari: "Ggmhmf!"

???: "Where is she!"

I hear her re-emerge and start coughing again.

Kaari: "I-I don't. I don't know! She-she got. She got pretty durnk-"

???: "Where is she damn it!"

Kaari: "Sh-she went to-to the ca-ca-car!"

???: "Their car ain't here!"

I hear another loud splash, and Kaari panicking for air.

Ugh, I think I've seen enough to handle this. I gotta put a stop to all this!
>>
No. 1034501 ID: 15a025
File 165455905064.png - (5.10KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
1034501

I think my best option is to walk and crawl behind the chairs, and hope I can blindside him. I motion for Norb to follow behind quietly.
>>
No. 1034502 ID: 15a025
File 165455907164.png - (4.94KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
1034502

I'm lucky and manage to sneak my way to the corner of the stage without being noticed. He's still up there torturing her.

Ah fuck, what's the plan now though? My hearts pounding and I can't screw up. I'm so damn close here. I-I have to do something! I gotta get up there, but what if he's got knife? Shit, what if it's a gun? He could hold her hostage against me, and- then what? He could just kill her and run even!

H-how am I going to save her?
>>
No. 1034547 ID: 6749b6

Less freaking out and more stopping this dude.
>>
No. 1034551 ID: 50af53

You pounce! It's two against one and a gun is alot less useful than you'd think in close quarters. Turn that fear to adrenaline and charge and tackle him to get him away from Kaari while he's distracted to open up while Norb comes in after to help. Give this guy no time to react.
>>
No. 1034555 ID: 273c18

Pounce while he is distracted with the torture. Also, it's likely you can take off his mask to make him choke.
>>
No. 1035481 ID: eae08b

Check above the stage. Is there scaffolding? See if there is anyone up there, if not try to get behind and then above the stage. There must be something useful up there.

Be careful if there is someone up top, they could alert the guy on stage.
>>
No. 1035630 ID: 15a025
File 165585544157.png - (4.90KB , 800x600 , 93.png )
1035630

>Check above the stage. Is there scaffolding? See if there is anyone up there
There is scaffolding, it's supposed to have the stage lights up there.

>You pounce! It's two against one and a gun is alot less useful than you'd think in close quarters.
>Pounce while he is distracted with the torture.
>Turn that fear to adrenaline and charge and tackle him to get him away from Kaari while he's distracted to open up while Norb comes in after to help. Give this guy no time to react.

I flex my claws out and start getting worked up. I have to get the jump on this dude-
>>
No. 1035631 ID: 15a025
File 165585546330.png - (7.33KB , 800x800 , 94.png )
1035631

Kaari: "Gmpphhfp!!"

Alright nope! It's time to bounce this asshole outta here! I squeeze the knife tight and leap up on stage. I go berserk and leap at the dude snarling!
>>
No. 1035632 ID: 15a025
File 165585547959.png - (7.32KB , 800x600 , 95.png )
1035632

Fox: "Shit!"

He hears me coming and manages to grab my arm and keep the knife away, but that doesn't stop me from clawing his arms with the other.
>>
No. 1035633 ID: 15a025
File 165585549969.png - (8.70KB , 800x800 , 96.png )
1035633

His grip loosens and I try to stab him, but he manages to shove back and side step out of the way. He brandishes a knife and hunches down a bit. His legs seem spread out evenly as he slowly weaves the knife around.

Something about his stance and movements sends a chill down my spine. I get the feeling this ain't just some thug off the streets...
>>
No. 1035636 ID: 273c18

Yeah fighting him directly is a recipe for getting murdered. Never have a knife fight; the most likely outcome is that both people die, the winner just dies later. You're going to have to be clever.

Maybe you can lure him into a bad situation? Trick him into stabbing a speaker and getting electrocuted? Trip him up and collapse a speaker onto him?
>>
No. 1035672 ID: b5c538

Neither was that last guy. Hopefully Norb can help in some way.

Maybe you can talk this guy out of torturing your girlfriend and let her go. You won't be backing down, and even if he's better than you, like >>1035636 said, not even the winner is gonna come out of this alright.
>>
No. 1035897 ID: 894419

>>1035633
You've got a size and numbers advantage but he's clearly an experience bladesmen. Kick your left leg and spin that stage light in his eyes and shout for Norb to rush him while he's stunned! If everything goes well you'll have time to knock over that barrel before Kaari drowns in it!

After that its a hard guess where this fight goes next but if you can find something to secure a reach advantage that might just be your best bet! A microphone pole or anything just to keep him at bay until you and norbert can wear him down and tire him out.
>>
No. 1035923 ID: 2de4fd

kicking the light to shine in his eyes seems like a good idea, try to get him to rush you so you can dodge around and shove him off the stage.

If that happens, free her and BOOK IT.
>>
No. 1036878 ID: 15a025
File 165682251750.png - (7.34KB , 800x600 , 97.png )
1036878

>fighting him directly is a recipe for getting murdered. Never have a knife fight; the most likely outcome is that both people die, the winner just dies later.
That's a pretty bleak outlook, but the blunt truth.

>Maybe you can talk this guy out of torturing your girlfriend and let her go.
Lana: "Don't supposed you'd let Kaari go in exchange for something?"
I just get the silent treatment...
Lana: "Shit... Come on, you can have all the cash in the-"

Fox: "Already taken."

Well shit, there goes my only bargaining chip. I don't think I've got anything else I could offer this dude.
>>
No. 1036879 ID: 15a025
File 165682255382.png - (7.08KB , 800x600 , 98.png )
1036879

>Kick your left leg and spin that stage light in his eyes and shout for Norb to rush him while he's stunned!
>kicking the light to shine in his eyes seems like a good idea

I only got one shot at this then. I try to copy his stance a bit and slowly back up towards the light.

Fox: "What's wrong cat? Not used to being the one to get scratched?!"

He takes the bait and starts coming for me! The light's just barely close enough and I manage to turn it around with my boots!

Fox: "Augh!"

>shout for Norb to rush him while he's stunned! If everything goes well you'll have time to knock over that barrel before Kaari drowns in it!
Lana: "Get up here and get him, quick!"
>>
No. 1036880 ID: 15a025
File 165682257159.png - (7.46KB , 800x600 , 99.png )
1036880

I put my focus on getting Kaari free and rush around behind him. I hear Norb climb on stage as I lift her head out of the barrel. Once she's out I knock the barrel over, hoping it either hits the fox or slips his footing up a bit.

>free her and BOOK IT.
I have no idea where to run off with her, and Norb. Everything is boarded up pretty well. If we're going to get out the bar safely, we have to keep up the pressure on this dude and take him out.
>You may suggest actions for both Norb and Lana.
>>
No. 1036882 ID: 273c18

Can you lift the empty barrel? You could bash him with it. Better range than a knife, though you'll have to be careful not to get hit while recovering from a swing.
Then again, using the swing to bait him into lunging at you might potentially allow you to get his knife into a speaker, and thus him electrocuted.
>>
No. 1036890 ID: 9e7f25

It sounds almost comical, but maybe try and pants him while he's distracted? Every advantage needs to be pressed here and disabling his legs will help.
>>
No. 1037001 ID: f3a2ce

Norb had been told to deliver bonk and so shall.
>>
No. 1037007 ID: c6eecc

>>1036880
Lana, suplex him!

Norb, follow up with the people's elbow!
>>
No. 1037008 ID: c6eecc

>>1036880
Lana, suplex him!

Norb, follow up with the people's elbow!
>>
No. 1037012 ID: 90c451

>>1036890
>>1037007
>>1036882
All good ideas, but on their own there's worries.
Suplexing means he can stab us with that knife.
Pantsing means it would be hard for hime to move, but he can still fight.
Hitting him with the bucket might take too much time and give him an opportunity to react.

Instead, let's do all three in a way. Tackle his legs and try to throw him over you onto the bucket, hopefully he should hit his head on it and he should be hit on the back of the head where the mask can't cushion him.
Norb can come up and whack the knife out of his hand and take it, disarming the fox and arming Norb.
>>
No. 1037216 ID: 15a025
File 165714654718.png - (8.26KB , 800x600 , 100.png )
1037216

>Norb had been told to deliver bonk and so he shall.

Norb comes at the fox with his chair leg and smacks'em in the face with it.
>>
No. 1037217 ID: 15a025
File 165714659024.png - (7.91KB , 800x600 , 101.png )
1037217

>Tackle his legs and try to throw him over you onto the bucket
>Lana, suplex him!

While he's distracted with Norb, I try to rush in for a leg tackle! I knock the fucker over and try to pick him up for a suplex . I grit my teeth as my leg flares in pain as I slowly lift the dude up. He is not having it and blindly thrusts his knife every which way.
>>
No. 1037218 ID: 15a025
File 165714663999.png - (7.58KB , 800x800 , 102.png )
1037218

I wince as I strain my leg to keep going, and let out a roar of pain and anger as suplex this dude over my shoulders.

The barrel rings as he lands-
>>
No. 1037219 ID: 15a025
File 165714667282.png - (7.76KB , 800x600 , 103.png )
1037219

*Crack*

I scream in pain again! The stage floor gives in, and my leg drops with it. I try to pull it out, but it's stuck!
>>
No. 1037220 ID: 15c72a

>>1037219
Well that will at least delay him. Ask Norb to free your sister while you work at breaking the wood to free your leg.
>>
No. 1037321 ID: af6fc2

>>1037220
This
>>
No. 1037393 ID: 5082b8

Come on gurl, you slammed dunked that dude through the floor. You can pull yo self out. Have Norb check on your girlfriend, but no heroic smoochen.
>>
No. 1037676 ID: 15a025
File 165750605236.png - (6.69KB , 800x600 , 104.png )
1037676

>Well that will at least delay him.
The only one bouncing back up from this is me. No one should be able to get back up after a slam like that.

>You can pull yo self out. Have Norb check on your girlfriend, but no heroic smoochen.
I hiss and strain trying to get my leg out as Norb comes over to me
Lana: "Never mind me, go help Kaari! Grab that knife and cut the ropes."
I wiggle a bit more but just can't get it out! Ugh, it might just be easier to try tearing the plank off instead. I try clawing and pulling on the board.
Lana: "Damn, just bust- ow!"

Norb: "You okay?"

Lana: "Sorta. Board I had to bust off cut my leg."
>>
No. 1037677 ID: 15a025
File 165750629488.png - (6.91KB , 800x600 , 105.png )
1037677

I've got more import things to worry about though. I gotta make sure Kaari's okay! I chuck the board aside and pull myself up from the hole-
Lana: "Augh!"

Norb's head snaps around to look back at me.

Norb: "You sure you're- that's a lot of blood!"

Lana: "It's just a scratch, don't worry."

I try to get closer, but my right leg stings at even with the lightest movement.

I look down and oh shit! Both my legs are bleeding now!
>>
No. 1037685 ID: 15c72a

>>1037677
God damn. More first aid? Well, if it's a LOT of blood you might want to use a bit of rope as a tourniquet, just to lessen the blood flow enough that it clots properly. Definitely a temporary solution; you want to bandage it up and take off the tourniquet eventually.

Is there anyone else to rescue? I feel like there might be one other victim, in the basement... and one other thug?
>>
No. 1037822 ID: a1dda6

Girl, you are not invincible. You're awesome though. But you need to be willing to admit how badly you're messed up. Ask for some help. You don't gotta do everything on your own, as nice as it would be if you could.
>>
No. 1038057 ID: 15a025
File 165776547494.png - (6.94KB , 800x600 , 106.png )
1038057

>More first aid? Well, if it's a LOT of blood you might want to use a bit of rope as a tourniquet, just to lessen the blood flow enough that it clots properly.
I take a better look and wince. My stab wound from earlier got cut open. Other leg got sliced open too.

Lana: "Give me the ropes when you cut them, I'm going to try and use them as a tourniquet."

Norb: "Uh, sure. Whatever that is?"

He flings some rope over to me and I get to tying it off.
Lana: "Hopefully this'll slow down the bleeding enough till I find more towels to wrap it with."

Norb cuts the last rope from the chair, and Kaari's arms flop to the ground.
Lana: "Hey Kaari? Kaari you okay?"

She doesn't respond! Norb gives her a few pats on the back and she starts coughing up more water.

Kaari: "Eugh...egm.."

Norb: "Easy...let's get you back up nice and slow here."

He gets her resting up against the chair for now.

Norb: "Think she's going to be okay!"
>>
No. 1038058 ID: 15a025
File 165776553369.png - (7.27KB , 800x600 , 107.png )
1038058

>Is there anyone else to rescue?
We still gotta find Syvaa and then a way out of this hell hole. I try to stand back up, but my legs aren't having it.
Lana: "Ugh! Come on..."

Norb shoots me a concerned look as I claw the floor in frustration

>Girl, you are not invincible. You're awesome though. But you need to be willing to admit how badly you're messed up. Ask for some help.
I let out a sigh of defeat.
Lana: "Norb, can you help me back up here?"

Norb: "Think your legs are trying to tell you rest up a bit. Why don't you stay here for a bit while I try to find some towels and rags to bandage those up with?"

Lana: "Well, it's not like I can get up and look myself right now anyway. Thanks for offering."

>Choose a character to follow-
>A: Follow Norb to look for first aid
>B: Follow Lana and spend time with Kaari
>C: [Risky] Change of plans, follow Lana to look for first aid herself?
>D :Write in a different plan of action? (If choosing D, please specify the character you'd like to follow/"control")
>>
No. 1038085 ID: 9e7f25

B. Aughta be heartwarming. Lana deserves some positivity.

But you gotta do something about that guy first, he's not gonna stay knocked out forever.
>>
No. 1038151 ID: d40702

B
>>
No. 1038508 ID: eae08b

B
Get close to Kaari and rub her back. Hopefully it will wake her up. If so, ask how she is feeling and what happened before you got there if she remembers.
If not, ask her what y'all want to do once you get outta there and patched up. Keep it light if she starts panicking.
>>
No. 1038510 ID: bfccc1

D. follow "Syvaa" and assess current situation.
>>
No. 1038582 ID: 15a025
File 165824792913.png - (6.91KB , 800x600 , 108.png )
1038582

>B
Lana: "Can you move Kaari over here before you go?"

Norb: "Yeah, sure thing."

I get that good chill down my back as we hug each other, finally reunited after everything. I get lost just trying to comfort and help her relax.

>you gotta do something about that guy first, he's not gonna stay knocked out forever.
Ugh fuck. Man, there's no way I'm getting in and out of that hole like this. I don't think that dude is getting out of the hole either. Wonder if there's a way I could patch up the hole so he can't get out, just in case?
>>
No. 1038583 ID: 15a025
File 165824801830.png - (6.04KB , 800x600 , 109.png )
1038583

>Get close to Kaari and rub her back. Hopefully it will wake her up
I start giving her a neck rub, and even massage her ears a little. She always liked a nice ear rub-
Kaari: "Mhmmm...ow!"

Lana: "Sorry!"

She turns her head up and looks at me.
Kaari: "Lana?"

I ruffle the fur on her head a bit.
Lana: "Glad you're coming too. [small]I was really worried about you tonight."


She tilts her head to the side and starts sharking it.
Kaari: "Eugh! Stupid ears!"

Lana: "You got water stuck in your ears still?"

Kaari: "Lana, I can barely hear you. I think some water's stuck in my ears."
She keeps at it, shaking her head harder and patting the other side of it now.
Kaari: "This stupid ringing and ear pain is going to drive me up a wall! Lana, is anything coming out?"

Lana: "Whoa, easy! You're either gonna hurt yourself or get whiplash at this rate!"

She groans and sinks back into me.

>ask how she is feeling and what happened before you got there if she remembers.
Lana: "Other than that, how are you feeling?"

Kaari: "I feel safer now that you're with me."
She holds onto my arm and gives a good lil squeeze.

Lana: "Are you okay though?"

Kaari: "Are who okay? The band?"

I try to speak a little more loudly.
Lana: "Are you okay Kaari."

Kaari: "Very sore and my ears are ringing loudly!"
>>
No. 1038584 ID: 15a025
File 165824805482.png - (7.28KB , 800x800 , 110.png )
1038584

Lana: "Do you remember much before any of this happened tonight?"

Kaari: "It was awful. You went to the freezer to grab more drinks and never came back. The band members passed out a little later and these two scary masked dudes were after us."
She starts tearing up into my chest,

Kaari: "I kept call out for you and y-you never came."
>>
No. 1038585 ID: e7faf2

Hug back. Tell her you're here now.
>>
No. 1038588 ID: 90c451

Hug her back.
Say "I'm sorry, I'm here now."
You've been very composed so far but the stress must be getting to you by now, nobody can hold back their emotions forever.
Point is, you're here with Kaari now at a brief moment of respite, now is the appropriate time to cry.
Start sobbing.
>>
No. 1038603 ID: f3a2ce

The door was locked. You were probably thinking someone was gonna realize it and come get you. Or you just passed out. You can't remember after all.

Regardless, give your bunny a hug.
>>
No. 1038744 ID: 15a025
File 165836189519.png - (7.59KB , 800x800 , 111.png )
1038744

>Hug back. Tell her you're here now.
>The door was locked. You were probably thinking someone was gonna realize it and come get you. Or you just passed out. You can't remember after all.
I wrap my arms around her and hug her back.

Lana: "I don't know what happened. I only just remember waking up locked in the freezer."
>Say "I'm sorry, I'm here now." You've been very composed so far but the stress must be getting to you by now, nobody can hold back their emotions forever.
I squish her tighter,
Lana: "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, but I'm here for you now!"

Kaari: "I-I was so scared and w-worried you were hurt Lana!"

Lana: "All I could think about tonight was finding and making sure you were safe!"
>>
No. 1038745 ID: 15a025
File 165836236053.png - (7.08KB , 800x600 , 112.png )
1038745

Norb: "Oh shit, sorry I was taking so long! Hang on I'm coming with some more towels!"

I see him try to hurry over, but he slows down gasping just as fast. His got towels and another bottle of alcohol. I let go of Kaari and wipe some of the tears off my face.

Lana: "I'm not crying in pain, just a little emotional reunion here."

I eyeball the alcohol again.
Lana: "Ugh, man my legs too hung over and pain for a second round of alcohol. Rather this than risk an infection though."

I sink my claws in the floor and snarl in pain as he cleans my legs and patches them up.

Once I'm patched up, I try to get off the ground and stand. It still hurts a ton, but I'm able to get up with a little help from Kaari. Once I'm back on my feet, I stare down into the hole.

Norb: "No! Don't even fucking tell me he's moving around down there!"

Lana: "I don't know if he's conscious down there or not, but we gotta do something to make sure he ain't climbing out."

Norb: "Don't even think of going down in that hole! What if he's just waiting down there for us to get him, and he stabs us in the dark there!"

Lana: "I mean, it's not that dark."

I gotta make a decision now though. Is one of us going down the hole and stabbing this dude?
With Norb and Kaari to help me out, I can probably safely get in and out to take care of him. It's my job here to keep everyone safe after all.

We could find a something to cover up or block the hole as well? He boarded us up in here, gotta be tools laying around for us to do the same, right?
>>
No. 1038746 ID: 15c72a

No need to go down there. Have the more healthy party members drag one of those big speakers over and drop it on him. Even if he doesn't die from that, he'll have too many broken bones to be a threat.
>>
No. 1039358 ID: 894419

>>1038746
Yeah half-life physics object that guy to death.
>>
No. 1039387 ID: 6749b6

Squidhem like a bug!!
>>
No. 1039389 ID: 1e173e

Yeah, drop the stereo on him!
Splat!
>>
No. 1039459 ID: 15a025
File 165905695528.png - (7.14KB , 800x600 , 113.png )
1039459

>Have the more healthy party members drag one of those big speakers over and drop it on him. Even if he doesn't die from that, he'll have too many broken bones to be a threat.
>Yeah, drop the stereo on him!
>Splat!
Lana: "Okay. How about instead of climbing down there, why don't take one of the speakers and drop it down on him?"
He just stares at me blankly for a moment.
Lana: "Well? Got any better ideas Norb?"

Norb: "No it's just... Man I already stabbed and killed a dude tonight! Now I gotta crush a guy to death?!"

Lana: "Are...are you serious right now? This asshole almost fucking drowned my girlfriend! I can barely stand up, and he's held your band hostage and tortured you tonight. You seriously want to show him sympathy?"

I keep digging into the floor, trying to keep myself from snarling at him.

Kaari: "Lana-"

Lana: "You think if he gets arrested, he'll just rot in jail? You owe this guy what, fifty grand! Dude's probably got the capital to either break out or bribe his way out and come straight back to you for more!"
I grunt and try to force myself back up.
Lana: "Never mind, it's job to handle this anway-"

Norb: "No! No, I see where you're coming from here."
He lets out a sigh and stares at the speaker.
Norb: "I gotta make sure he can't come back to hurt the band anymore. I have to make things right somehow."

Lana: "If you're serious about making things right, then this is about as good of a start as it gets Norb."
I throw my paws up at him,
Lana: "Other than that, you need to sit down and have a talk with the others."
>>
No. 1039460 ID: 15a025
File 165905703035.png - (6.92KB , 800x600 , 114.png )
1039460

Kaari helps me move out of his way, and we watch as the giant speaker tumbles into the hole. There's a loud crash as the speaker busts into pieces. All kinds of bits and pieces can be heard rolling on the ground after the impact.
>>
No. 1039461 ID: 15a025
File 165905706741.png - (7.02KB , 800x600 , 115.png )
1039461

Norb: "Hopefully Syvaa's still around to talk with."

Lana: "Well, there's only one place left to look for her. Let's go check the backstage dressing room."

I struggle and grunt trying to get back up on legs.
Lana: "Ergh, Damn it!"
I slam my fist in frustration, making another small hole.

Kaari: "Lana, stop! You're just going to hurt yourself even more!"

She reaches down and offers me her paw.

Kaari: "Come on, let me help you get back up."

Lana: "Yeah, you're right. Thanks."
>>
No. 1039462 ID: 15a025
File 165905710127.png - (7.16KB , 800x800 , 116.png )
1039462

I grab on and she helps pull me up. She gives me a concerned look once I'm back on my legs.
Lana: "Something wrong?"

Kaari: "Are you sure you okay Lana? You seem-you seem really tense."

Lana: "I'm doing a lot better knowing you're alright Kaari."
>>
No. 1039463 ID: 15a025
File 165905720515.png - (7.47KB , 800x800 , 117.png )
1039463

She winces a bit and shows me her paw-

Lana: "Oh shit..."

There's familiar shaped claw marks and a little bit of blood leaking out...

Lana: "Kaari... I'm so sorry-"

She reaches up and rubs my head.

Kaari: "Just remember, I'm here for you too Lana. I can help out if you need me."

I start tearing up a bit. I can't believe I fucked up and did something like that to her...
>>
No. 1039464 ID: 15a025
File 165905723168.png - (7.84KB , 800x600 , 118.png )
1039464

We head off to the back stage room in silence. When we walk, we find someone tied a chair.
Norb: "Syvaa!"

He sprints over and starts trying to untie her.

Norb: "Shoot, these on tied tight. Syvaa, are you okay?"

She opens her mouth to speak, but starts coughing and hacks out some weird flakes of powder or something?
>>
No. 1039473 ID: e51896

Has she been drugged?
>>
No. 1039492 ID: 6749b6

Girl, you need to chill! You ain't helping anyone out acting like that.

Go make sure norbs friend is okay.
>>
No. 1039498 ID: 36784c

>>1039464
Check her mouth to make sure she’s not choking on any plastic bags or anything else.

Also someone should really go make sure Allinen is still ok and to get her back in the group. With Lana injured, we’ll need Allinen in the group to help if we get into any more fights.
>>
No. 1039652 ID: 894419

>>1039464
Time to Heimlich!
>>
No. 1039753 ID: 15a025
File 165940085784.png - (7.84KB , 800x600 , 119.png )
1039753

>Girl, you need to chill! You ain't helping anyone out acting like that.
Hopefully keeping my claws sheathed will help with that...

>Check her mouth to make sure she’s not choking on any plastic bags or anything else.
Lana: "Norb, is she breathing? Make sure she isn't choking."

She starts coughing again, coughing up more flakes of something
>Time to Heimlich!
He doesn't respond. Instead he starts to hit her on the back of the chest. She continues to hack up more weird flakes, it sounds like a dry cough. After a bit, her head droops and I can hear her panting heavily while she tries to say something?

Syvaa: "Wa'r...waar...

Norb: "War?"

>Has she been drugged?
Not sure, I'm not really an expert on sniffing out drugs or identifying any symptoms. We do have these little drug test chips to drop in a drink to find out if something's in it, but it doesn't look like there's shot glasses or bottles laying around.

>someone should really go make sure Allinen is still ok and to get her back in the group. With Lana injured, we’ll need Allinen in the group to help if we get into any more fights.
That's also true. We need to group back together here and figure a way out. Someone should stay here to help out Syvaa, but I'm sure one of us could go check on Allinen?
>>
No. 1039757 ID: 894419

>>1039753
"Wa'r" Water, she needs water, make sure she gets it!
>>
No. 1039761 ID: bfccc1

Sounds like she needs water, Norb or Karri will need to go back to melt ice. Do you still not trust the tap water?
>>
No. 1039924 ID: 8e5a95

See about getting her some water, yeah.
>>
No. 1040097 ID: 15a025
File 165966382229.gif - (36.08KB , 800x600 , 120.gif )
1040097

>she needs water, make sure she gets it!
>Sounds like she needs water, Norb or Karri will need to go back to melt ice. Do you still not trust the tap water?
>See about getting her some water, yeah.
Lana: "She's probably trying to ask for water?"

Norb: "Ah! Yeah, makes more since. Could one of you grab her a glass?"

Kaari: "A glass of what?"

Lana: "Water."

Kaari: "I...I could go grab some?"

Lana: "A..are you sure?"

I hear a soft thumping and look down, she's tapping her foot nervously.
Kaari: "I hope you're not thinking of grabbing it yourself. You can barely even walk or stand!"

I hate that she's right. I'm worried about sending her alone though. I can't really send Norb here either, he seems pretty focused on helping Syvaa. I let out sigh. We're gonna have to split up again. At least this time, it's on our own terms.

Lana: "Alright, I'll leave it up to you then. You'll have to melt some ice in a cup, something ain't right with the sink water. While you're in the freezer, could you bring Allinen along as well?"

Kaari: "I'll try to be back soon Lana. If there's enough ice left, do you want some for your legs?"

Lana: "Yeah, that'd be cool! Just be careful, and give us a holler if anything's wrong!"

She gives a small smile and heads out.
>>
No. 1040098 ID: 15a025
File 165966384685.png - (6.79KB , 800x600 , 121.png )
1040098

Norb: "Lana, why don't you sit down on that sofa till she comes back?"

Lana: "I-ugh, I guess. Just make sure I don't fall asleep, that thing is so comfy."
I take a load off and sink right in. It's so soft and got that warm smokey smell baked into it-

No! I gotta stay focused here. I feel like we should be pretty much in the clear here, maybe now's a good time to start thinking of a way to get out of this place, or find where the hell our cellphones are to call for help.
>>
No. 1040118 ID: e51896

A tool to escape, or our cellphones could be anywhere. I guess the first place to check would be here, like in the lockers, the drawers...
Are you sure you don't want to take a nap?
>>
No. 1040505 ID: 6749b6

>>1040098
You need to sit and rest gurl. Do it for the bunny. Ask Norb to rummage around for something.
>>
No. 1040529 ID: 15a025
File 166017650197.png - (6.78KB , 800x600 , 122.png )
1040529

>A tool to escape, or our cellphones could be anywhere. I guess the first place to check would be here, like in the lockers, the drawers...
>You need to sit and rest gurl. Do it for the bunny. Ask Norb to rummage around for something.

Lana: "We gotta start looking for our phones or something to rip those boards out."
I hear Norb grunt while he claws away at the rope, when it suddenly snaps

Norb: "Finally! Yeah, maybe when we re-group here we can start."

Lana: "Do you mind checking the lockers and drawers?"

Norb: "Yeah, long as you promise to sit still and take it easy."

>Are you sure you don't want to take a nap?
If I try to rest now, I'm probably going be out for hours... [small]
>>
No. 1040530 ID: 15a025
File 166017651347.png - (3.16KB , 800x600 , 123.png )
1040530

...
>>
No. 1040531 ID: 15a025
File 166017663822.png - (7.88KB , 800x600 , 124.png )
1040531

Lana: "AH shit! COLD!"
I snap back up on the sofa. Something ice cold brushed up my leg.

Kaari: "Woah! S-sorry Lana. You were nodding when I ask if you were awake."

Lana: "How long have I been out for?"

Everyone just shrugs at me..
Lana: "Oh...right.

Kaari: "Do you wanna try the ice pack again Lana?"

Lana: "Yeah, sorry I passed out on ya there."
She rests the ice pack on leg again, and I flinch as the ice sends a chill through my whole body. It's certainly helping numb the pain though. Kaari's got a really concerned look on her face.
Lana: "You doing okay yourself?"

Kaari: "Just...I wasn't ready to see what was in the break room."

Oh shit! I didn't give her a heads up about that bloody mess.

Kaari: "I wanna go home Lana."

I give her a pat on the shoulder.
Lana: "Hopefully we're in the home stretch here. I promise I'm getting us out of here, and we're going to have our lil movie date when I'm all patched up."
I look around the rest of the room and see Syvaa chugging water and Allinen holding a hammer.
Lana: "Any luck with tearing off those boards?"

Allinen: "No? We just got back. Gotta take care of everyone here first."

Lana: "That hammer was all you could find Norb?"

Norb: "Well... I did find Dente's cell phone, just not in working order."
He points to the smashed up remains of her phone.

Lana: "Damn it!"
Maaan! This probably means my phone's in pieces too. assholes... I'm barely getting by as it is now, there's no-way I can squeeze out the savings for a replacement.

Lana: "There's no other tools around we could use to pry those boards off?"

Norb: "Only thing that was in my tool bag."

Well, this leaves me two choices
Rip and tear now, or rest and search elsewhere for something else to use?
>>
No. 1040589 ID: f3a2ce

If time is no longer of the essence, it would be better to pace yourselves. Try and find or just improvise a prybar maybe?
>>
No. 1040726 ID: e51896

We could probably use the hammer to break the wood off the door, or the back of the hammer to pull the nails off
>>
No. 1040872 ID: 894419

>>1040531
Lets rip out these boards and get outdoors to a payphone or to flag down some traffic before this gets any worse.
>>
No. 1041708 ID: 15a025
File 166137476586.png - (7.82KB , 800x600 , 125.png )
1041708

>If time is no longer of the essence, it would be better to pace yourselves. Try and find or just improvise a prybar maybe?
>We could probably use the hammer to break the wood off the door, or the back of the hammer to pull the nails off
The hammer's a good start. It might be hard to rip the nails out, but we can look for a better prybar at the same time.

Lana: "Alright, it might take a bit to work those boards off with the hammer, but we can work with it still. Allinen, do you mind trying to rip those boards out?"

Allinen: "You don't need ask me twice. I'm ripping them boards off and we're getting out of here."
>>
No. 1041709 ID: 15a025
File 166137483508.png - (7.49KB , 800x600 , 126.png )
1041709

She hurries off with the hammer.
Lana: "Alright while she's hammering away at that, we should look for a better prybar."

Norb: "Well, there is something we might be able to use. I'm not sure if it's too heavy though."

Kaari gives me a pat on the shoulder,
Kaari: "I'm sure Lana can handle whatever it is!"

Norb: "Yeah, but with how her legs are though, that's going to make it a lot harder on her."

Lana: "Well spit it out Norb! Can't really tell if you don't tell us."

Norb: "We could take apart the scaffolding and use one of the cross bars as a pry bar."

Kaari: "Scaffolding?"

Lana: "The big metal ladders with boards in the middle."

Kaari: "Oh!"

>rip out these boards and get outdoors to a payphone or to flag down some traffic before this gets any worse.
Lana: "If my legs were fine, it'd be no problem. I don't think I can carry it alone like this."
I look towards Kaari.
Lana: "If only a charming rabbit would lend me her muscle ..."

Kaari: "Pfft! Well, I dunno Lana. You might have to settle for tired and soggy."

I ruffle her head a bit.

Lana: "Well, I'd always appreciate her help, any time."

She helps me back up and we head back to the stage.
>>
No. 1041710 ID: 15a025
File 166137489253.png - (7.79KB , 800x600 , 127.png )
1041710

Doesn't take long to grab the crossbar. The scaffolding was already taken apart and put away. The bar's kinda heavy, but we manage to make it to the front door with it.

Norb: "How's it coming along?"

Allinen: "It's a pain in the ass, but I got one board off."

Kaari: "Maybe this will work better?"

Her eyes light up when she sees us coming with the huge cross bar.

Allinen: "Now we're talking!"
>>
No. 1041711 ID: 15a025
File 166137493380.png - (7.04KB , 800x600 , 128.png )
1041711

Kaari helps me lift the bar up and slide behind one of the boards.

Lana: "Alright, here goes nothing!"

The two of us push and pull the bar, rocking it between the boards. We pant and grunt as the board squeaks its way loose.

Lana: "Eugh, alright. That one's loose enough. Let's slide down to the next one."

Kaari starts huffing as we lower it down to the next board and we repeat the process through the left side.

Kaari: "I-don't know if I keep it up Lahna. My arms are getting sore."

Lana: "My legs are killing me too, but we can't stop now. We just gotta pry'em off the other side now though and we're free!"
>>
No. 1041712 ID: 15a025
File 166137500615.png - (8.90KB , 800x800 , 129.png )
1041712

Allinen: "Go sit with Norb and rest up then, bartender. I'll pick up the slack and handle the rest."

She lifts up the cross bar and gives my arms a short break. Kaari walks back and sits down with the others.

Lana: "Time to get the fuck out of here!"

I tense up and together we push and pull against the board. It squeaks and bends but just won't give in and snap off!

Allinen: "Damn it just bust off already!"

Lana: "Just focus more on keeping the bar up! I g-got this!"

I don't know how much more I can stand up like this though, but I gotta tough it out here. With it getting looser, I manage to wedge the bar in deeper, and with a little more work that board snaps right off and clacks onto the ground.

Allinen: "YES!!!"

Lana: "Two more to go and we're out."

Allinen starts really getting into it, and starts shoving the bar into the next board.

Lana: "Hey! Easy there with this thing!"

I'm feeling more fired up now myself though. I try to keep up a little with her and soon, those boards are flying off the door! One by one they squeak and snap right off. I wince bit as shitty little splinters whizz by my face.
>>
No. 1041713 ID: 15a025
File 166137512495.png - (7.65KB , 800x600 , 130.png )
1041713

Finally with the last board off, I let out a sigh of relief and open the door.

Lana: "Alright, everyone out. Party's over."

We all funnel outside and shield our eyes as the sun slowly rises outside

Allinen: "Don't think it ever started to begin with."

Norb: "Oh yeah, fun and games all night. Man, what are we doing now? Should we start shouting nine-one-one or something?"

I look and see her quickly dig through her pockets.

Allinen: "Where's the closet phone booth? I'll go call for an ambulance. Less attention we draw the better."

Lana: "Right around the corner."

Eugh...I really need to sit down. Guess all that adrenaline is running out on me.

Kaari: "Hey are you alright Lana!?"
>>
No. 1041714 ID: 15a025
File 166137527603.png - (8.51KB , 800x800 , 131.png )
1041714

I park myself on the curb before my legs give in. I tap my paw on the ground next to me.
Lana: "Come on, have a seat with me."

Kaari: "Sure."

She wraps her arm around me as she plops down on the curb.

Lana: "That was easily the worst night I've ever worked."

She pulls me in a little closer.

Kaari: "Same here Lana. I-I can't imagine making it through without you though. Thanks for being here to help us all out."

I wrap my arm around her,
Lana: "I'd do it any time for you Kaari."

She lets out a pained sigh.

Lana: "Hey, let's try and cheer up a little now. That was a painful night, but we're out and help is coming. Let's sit and enjoy this beautiful morning for a moment."

Kaari: "Beautiful morning?"

She gives me an odd look.

Lana: "Yeah. Not very often I get to watch the sunrise with someone special."

Kaari: "Huh? Oh yeah! That is a pretty sight!"

I start purring a bit. The warmth of the sun shining down on us feels so good! Probably doesn't help I spent good chunk of time in a freezer.

Lana: "I could almost fall asleep like this..."

I close my eyes a bit and feel a soft paw going over my head. I hear her let out a little giggle.

Kaari: "Better rest up then. I'm going to hold you to that date you promised me..."

The End.
>>
No. 1041715 ID: 15a025

I'd like to give a special thanks to everyone who's helped through out the course of the quest and given me wonderful advice on how to improve.

And of course, a very special thanks to everyone who stuck through the whole quest till the end. I hope you all had fun and enjoyed the quest.
>>
No. 1041731 ID: 894419

>>1041715
Really solid quest Buckwheat, absolute joy to read :)
>>
No. 1041846 ID: 2de4fd

Yaaaay!!!


Delete post []
Password