[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 164292202934.png - (204.12KB , 852x897 , LFT5 Title.png )
1021044 No. 1021044 ID: 8483cf

Lazy Wiki: https://questden.org/wiki/Lazy_Fairy

Previous Topic: https://questden.org/kusaba/questarch/res/1003639.html#1003639

You busted your butt getting some dragon’s boy toy back home. Now it’s time to celebrate a job well done!
Expand all images
>>
No. 1021045 ID: 8483cf
File 164292204853.png - (106.97KB , 938x802 , LF5 1.png )
1021045

After two months of dirty, grimy, summoning-studying road tripping, you cannot WAIT to meet the big red dragon-shaped light at the end of this tunnel.

Jek is leading the party confidently and he is just as psyched as you are. He’s got his memories back, or at least the ones pointing him back to his family. Raelynn is bringing up the rear, paranoid as ever. This morning she would NOT stop talking to Serah about contingency plans, escape routes, worst-case scenarios, blah, blah, blah. As if Mai Terrorscale is going to actually attack us. Ha!

No, you know better than that. You’re not here to steal any of the Terrorscale treasure or try and be a dragon slayer. In fact, you’re bearing gifts! You brought her husband right back home where he belongs, and he’s got an anniversary gem the size of a boulder! The party’s gonna be honored guests in Mai’s lair, and she’ll be so grateful you brought her boy toy back she’ll probably open up her wine cellar to celebrate!

So Raelynn can calm down. The only thing anyone has to worry about is if Mai gets angry that something kinda sorta broke Jek’s brain. Which is NOT a big deal because he’s mostly fixed his memories anyway. And besides, you’re not even sure who broke his brain in the first place! Never mind the fact that Dotti is VERY nervous about this whole thing.

Also Dotti can fucking TALK now?! What is that shit?! She doesn’t even move her lips it is so fucking CREEPY

Also also, Rae has a bird friend now named Taranis. Since when did she learn how to socialize?

Whatever! None of that matters. You are so ready for this trip to be OVER!

You decide to…

> A) Fly up to Jek and start encouraging him to shout “Hello! Daddy’s home!”
> B) Fly up to Serah and tell her to tell Dotti and Rae to move faster already!
> C) Fly up to Raelynn and tell her to chill out and talk to her bird, it’ll make her feel better
> D) Tell Dotti she’s fucking weird and please learn to talk right holy SHIT girl
>>
No. 1021050 ID: e51896

C. Talk to peek-a-bangs, remind her she's supposed to be the cool gurl in the party to keep the rest of our crew calm and collected! Her being too over protective will just make everyone nervous and lose their cool, and you like being with cool people, not a bunch of nervous wrecks. Get her bird friend to agree with you on this and get it to calm Rae down
>>
No. 1021051 ID: 629f2e

C, Help Raelynn calm down a bit, this is going go well. Probably. Jek is confident at least, so she should share in his positive attitude.
>>
No. 1021052 ID: 894419

Definitely D, Dotti is acting so twitchy you'd think she'd done something wrong. Inform her that its not like she's responsible for Jek going a little off the rails. If she was then she'd have something to REALLY be worrying about, like the dragon is totally going to immediately smoke whoever did that. But she didn't so she should just chill out and learn to act normal.
>>
No. 1021053 ID: e51896

Oh yeah, be sure to sit on her arrow she is aiming with right now. Wings gotta rest.
>>
No. 1021055 ID: c92a02

A. Jek should announce their presence to his big bad dragon wife so she doesn't think she has uninvited guests!
>>
No. 1021057 ID: 96c896

>>1021044
C
>>
No. 1021085 ID: a57983

D, and make sure Dotti remembers to keep her hands away from anything shiny!
>>
No. 1021095 ID: 0e6597

C. But with tact.

Let the C stand for Civil.
>>
No. 1021096 ID: afe7de

C because Raelynn is probably the powder keg of the group since you know nothing about why Dotti is nervous
>>
No. 1021109 ID: 8483cf
File 164298007151.png - (140.57KB , 900x900 , LF5 2.png )
1021109

Somewhere in this labyrinth of tunnels there’s a fabulously wealthy and grateful dragon and her family. Matter of fact, you’re practically on their doorstep. You’re dancing on what would be the Terrorscale family’s front lawn if dragons had lawns!

Well, you’re dancing. Raelynn isn’t being so nice. She’s nocked her arrow and waving that super-sharp scale-piercing tip around like it’s going out of style. That’s not very friendly. That’s just rude is what that is. You’ve got to have a word with her about how to properly invite yourself to a dragon party.

“Hey! Peek-a-bangs!” You fly up beside her. She doesn’t respond. “Are you ignoring me?”

Still nothing.

Time to try something you know will get her attention! You flit in front of her big yellow eye and flash her! With light, of course.

Rae she blinks her eye shut instantly, but she doesn’t take a different stance or reposition in any way. Can she still see somehow? That’s pretty cool. But if she’s still going to ignore you, then you’ll have to set up camp. The best place to do that is right on her arrow, of course.

“I’m just gonna sit right here,” you say, swinging a leg over her shaft, “and you can wave this around all day until your arm falls off, or you can ask your bird friend if he thinks it’s worth the effort keeping that thing strung. He seems pretty relaxed.”

Rae opens her eye and glances up at her stormcrow friend Taranis. He’s fluttering nonchalantly around the tunnel without a care in the world.

“I can’t let my guard down just because everyone else has,” Rae says. “Something could have followed us in. Or goblins could have set up camp inside one of the tunnel branches we didn’t take. They could be coming up behind us right now.”

“Nobody followed us up those crazy dangerous stairs outside,” you point out. “And really, you think a dragon’s going to put up with anyone setting up camp on their front lawn?”

“Front lawn?” Rae asks, slightly confused.

“Landi is right,” Serah calls back. “Rae, it’s safer to put your bow away. Right now, we’re more likely to run into Sir Terrorscale’s family than any goblins. I don’t want any misunderstandings. You’ve done an excellent job keeping us safe so far, but now it’s time for me to take over and handle diplomacy. Not combat.”

Rae still refuses to lower her bow. “The last time I let my guard down, we all regretted it. That ambush could have killed Jek, or any one of us.”

“And I appreciate your vigilance,” Serah says. “How about this? At the very least, I don’t need you to exhaust yourself further by keeping that arrow nocked at every fork in the tunnel. I’ve seen how fast you can draw and loose from a stowed bow; would you say it’s half a second? Less?”

“Less,” Rae says. “But that’s not the point. The first second is the most important in an ambush.”

“I don’t want you loosing an arrow in less than half a second at someone we don’t know isn’t Jek’s family,” Serah says firmly. “Now stay your weapon, please. For everyone’s safety.”

Rae lowers her bow. You jump off and puff out your chest proudly. Serah’s such a good leader when she follows your lead!

Rae isn’t happy, but Taranis is. He gives her a cheerful caw. She sighs and secures her bow to her back. Maybe there’s hope for her yet!

“We’re almost there.” Jek says. “Just another minute or so, and we’re there. I doubt they’d be able to hear if we called out now, so I’ll open the door and let the hatchlings know we’re here. Mai comes in through a different way, up top.”

“Hooray!” you cheer.

You have just a little time to talk before you arrive. Who do you share your awesome excitedness with?

> A) Jek, you wanna know about his half-dragon half-lizardfolk kids
> B) Serah, you want to give her confidence that she can totally handle facing down a dragon
> C) Dotti, you want to tell her to chill out and not mess this up for you
>>
No. 1021110 ID: e51896

A. lets get a proper introduction of all his children before we go in so we know what to expect and separate the cool party animals from the bores.
>>
No. 1021112 ID: 96c896

>>1021109
B. We just calmed Rae down now let's rile Serah up. For the glory of Salt!
>>
No. 1021113 ID: 629f2e

A, let's get the family breakdown so we know what we're dealing with. Plus, you just want to hear all the most interesting stories they have, you're sure he's got a bunch of good ones to tell.
>>
No. 1021137 ID: 3f155e

B and C.
Let's gather up Serah and Dotti and encourage them that everything will go well.
>>
No. 1021160 ID: c92a02

Serah.
>>
No. 1021643 ID: 8483cf
File 164348469004.png - (35.88KB , 680x692 , LF5 3.png )
1021643

Now that the Rae-nger Danger has passed, it’s time to focus on what really matters: the welcome wagon.

“Serah! Serah! Isn’t this exciting?” you say, fluttering around your adventurer bestie in tight, looping spirals. “We’re gonna meet a real, live dragon!”

“Yes, yes, I am aware, thank you,” Serah says.

“Don’t be so nervous. We’re coming in with her boy toy safe and sound, who, I might add, we saved from a very deadly ambush. That has to score us some points!”

“That might help. I think. Let me consider it.”

She fiddles with her hair and doesn’t make eye contact. Hmf! She should be more confident and act like a big boss lady!

“Come on, Lady Fussington!” you say. “You can’t tell me this wasn’t what you dreamed about when you left daddy’s keep to go adventuring.”

“I wouldn’t say I envisioned this specific situation,” she says with a small smile, “but the idea did cross my mind.”

“That’s the spirit! Think about how well she’ll treat you. Didn’t you say she was a regional power player or something? She has to treat you nice, you’re nobility! She, like, has to give you a fluffy bed and good meals and you’ll finally be able to kick back and relax after two months of bleh!”

“That does sound nice,” Serah sighs deeply. “But hospitality goes two ways. It’s customary to bring a gift on visits like these.”

“Jek totally counts as a gift,” you say. “And he has a big ol’ anniversary gem, remember?”

“Yes, but…” Serah fiddles with her hair again and lowers her voice. “The reason we left was because someone sworn to me was involved with some kind of accident with Jek’s memories, remember? I have to show good faith effort to make amends.”

“Dotti’s a disaster. It is known,” you say. “It was an accident, though. She didn’t actually, like, break his brain on purpose. If she did, it wouldn’t make sense for her to bring him to you in the first place. There’s no way that little psycho would help him unless she had something to gain.”

You both glance at Dotti. She’s hunched over and trying to be as small as possible, peeking around every stalagmite like there’s a dragon hiding behind it.

“She doesn’t look like she’s excited about gaining anything from a dragon,” Serah says.

“How am I supposed to know what goes on in her head?” You roll your eyes. “Fine. Let’s put our best foot forward so that when Dotti inevitably eats something she shouldn’t, Mai won’t kick us out. You mentioned a gift, right?”

“Yes, but there’s a problem.” Serah starts fidgeting with her hair again. “I couldn’t afford anything, since I spent all of my spare coins paying Raelynn, gearing us up and paying for travel. Mai won’t want any of our adventuring gear or options. All we have is food and gear from the trip.”

Well, that’s no good. But wait! This is your time to shine by creating some fairy godmother gifts! You’re pretty sure they won’t fade away, ‘cause you had plenty of practice with some transdimensional buddies making Landi-branded underwear back at Poker Night.

A. Create an “I <3 Kensington” souvenir T-shirt. You’ll still be glowy!
B. Create some sexy underwear for Jek. You’ll be dull, but decent.
C. Summon Genice to help make sparkly crystal earrings. You’ll be tired out and faded, but still a little glowy.
D. Summon Genice and use the glory of Salt’s entropy to create a tiara of ice that will never melt. You’ll be dustbusted and it’ll be hard.
E. Other
>>
No. 1021644 ID: 094652

D. Show that you're serious about this. If your party is sponsored by the nobility, you can't afford to skimp on payments you can make, or they'll see you as con artists.

If Mai is still ungrateful after this hecka-sweet tribute, then she doesn't deserve honor.
>>
No. 1021648 ID: c92a02

Nevermelting ice tiara? Worth it. Let it snow!
>>
No. 1021652 ID: 32db8b

E, give dragon the LUCKY PANTIES as a gift.

Sure it wont fit her, but it is lucky. Maybe she'll give it to one of her offsprings?
>>
No. 1021659 ID: 629f2e

D, Go all in on the best gift imaginable! Your party will be so thankful for your sacrifice and saving their asses from dragon rage that they won't force you to do anything else today.
>>
No. 1021661 ID: e51896

>>1021652
Dont give away lucky pantsu, I think it is important!

Tiara could work, that way nobody will have to expect anything from us for the rest of our stay here, and we can relax and party. Not like anything bad is gonna happen anyway. *FATE TEMPTED*
>>
No. 1021684 ID: 8483cf
File 164349876061.png - (334.27KB , 1049x686 , LF5 4.png )
1021684

You puff out your wings. “Never fear, Boss Lady! A last-minute gift? No problem! I’ve got friends for that. Ahem. Genice, Genice! Djinn of Ice! Help me make this gift real nice!”

It takes a second for Genice to pick up the phone, but soon enough her tiny djinn avatar pops into existence beside you. She stomps her foot midair and gives a salute.

“Genice, reporting for booty!”

“You the best, Genice.” You give her a hug. “Here’s the plan: we’re gonna make a real nice tiara out of ice…”

“Uh-huh!”

“For a dragon…”

“Uh-huh!”

“And Big Sodium is gonna help.”

“Big S?” Genice thinks hard for a moment. “Oh! You mean-“

“Don’t say her name!” you quickly press a hand over her mouth. “You don’t want her up in your business, too.”

“Mmmf-mmf.”

“Attagirl.”

Serah watches with keen interest. “So ‘Big Sodium’ knows whenever her name is spoken with intent to refer to her specifically?”

“Yep. And she loves to come calling. Don’t try it at home. Now, as the professional in the room, I’ll use just a little of her power to make this gift a good one.”

You twin your mana with Genice’s and pour it into the shape of a dragon’s head tiara, enchanting the band to magically fit to any Terrorscale clan member’s head it sits on.

“I call upon thee! May your gift be frozen eternal as a testament to your will! Salt!

May the Terrorscale clan know my power.

With a final rush, the gift is finished and your dust depleted. Genice waves goodbye as the mana supporting the connection fades away.

“Thank you, Landi,” Serah says, catching you in one hand, the tiara in the other. It’s frozen solid, with pink gemstones glimmering brilliantly. “You’re, ah, the best.”

“You know it.”

You look down at your totally dull self and let out a groan. You’ve got that sparkly dress Serah made, and it’s nice, but it’s still horrendously awkward to have to make first impressions with a dragon’s family without any glow at all. Of course, you could use your contract with Serah to top yourself off.

You haven’t shared that particular clause with her yet. Part of the contract lets you take whatever mana she has and share it, but since she isn’t creating any excess mana (like a mage), you have to take it straight from her core mana- her life force.

You don’t have any mana potions. If you don’t get mana from Serah, the evening is not going to be fun. You can’t cast spells, can’t access your inventory, flying is like swimming through molasses, and if you get bapped, it’s curtains for you. Physics will treat you just like everybody else; that is to say, not kindly.

Serah probably won’t like the fact that she’s agreed to that particular clause. It might make her angry right before she needs to be not-angry. You could try and do it without telling her, but you’re not sure how well that would work.

Do you tap Serah’s life force? If so, do you tell her about the clause in the contract?
>>
No. 1021685 ID: e51896

Nah, you're good, girl.
>>
No. 1021686 ID: 629f2e

Maybe bring it up now so that she's aware of it, but hold up on doing it for now. Maybe you can get a nice donation from one of Terrorscale's kids later tonight?
>>
No. 1021687 ID: 96c896

>>1021684
Get mana, tell her about it. She read the contract, she should be aware of it!
...wait, is draining her life force a permanent thing or does it just make her like, tired for the day?
>>
No. 1021689 ID: 5194ff

Tell her about contract, ask if you can get some of her life force for magic for... emergencies, and that we can can heal her with a potion, or from Jek.

Tell Rae to shut up if she questions why we're worried about safety and taking precautions after telling her to lower her guard.
>>
No. 1021690 ID: 9a2966

>>1021687
Making our leader tired before a big important meet also sounds sorta bad.

Maybe just tell her you're really tapped after that and are gonna be napping in her backpack or something? Also, you're totally mortal for now, soooooo try not to fuck up and get you in a situation you can get killed! Otherwise you'll have to tap that mana tap clause, and that'd mean a teensy tinsy bad time for her? Temporarily speaking.
>>
No. 1021691 ID: 094652

Eh, Mai should have some spare mana-wine lying around for guests.
>>
No. 1021732 ID: 8483cf
File 164352558024.png - (8.49KB , 447x372 , LF5 5.png )
1021732

The party arrives at a slightly discolored section of tunnel. Jek motions to the team and begins running a claw over the stone.

“This is one of the entrances,” he says. “I’ll announce us so there are no surprises. Just give me a minute to open it.”

It’s now or never.

You could just sweep this under the rug and ignore the whole “drain Serah’s life force” clause… but it’s there for a reason. If there’s ever a real, honest-to-goodness emergency, you might need it- and Serah needs to know about it.

It won’t make you look good, but you’ve gotta come clean on this one.

“Um, Serah?” you kick some dust off her palm. “In the interest of full disclosure before we, ah, go into a dragon’s den, I should probably mention something about our contract.”

“What?”

“If there’s an emergency, it, well, lets me borrow some of your vitality. Just in case I need a recharge on dust.”

“My vitality?” Serah asks, her voice rising. “Landi, did I sign a contract that lets you drain my life force like a vampire?”

Dotti and Rae both look at you suspiciously.

“Not a vampire, it’s more like…” you sigh. “Just, I thought you ought to know. I’m not asking for a pick-me-up right now. I’ll be fine! Just, you know, in case.”

“Landi, I can’t believe you didn’t mention this earlier,” Serah scolds. “Will it be painful? Does it affect my stamina? What exactly happens?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t tried it.”

“Obviously,” Serah sighs. “Look, let’s just keep you safe for the time being so we don’t have to worry about it.” She unlaces her corset and rolls her eyes. “Hop in before I change my mind.”

You dive into what’s probably the safest (and warmest) place for you right now.

“Um. For what it’s worth, I’m sorry.”

Dotti looks at Serah with a strange look in her eyes.

“Apology accepted,” Serah says with a huff. “Is there anything else I should know before we press on?”

“I have a few questions,” Raelynn chimes in.

“Shut it, Peek-a-Bangs!”

“I’ve got the door,” Jek says. “Are we ready?”

Serah laces her corset up and turns to face the entrance. “Landi, be on your best behavior. We don’t know what we’ll meet on the other side of this door. It could be another trap, or Mai herself, or-“
>>
No. 1021733 ID: 8483cf
File 164352559298.png - (150.02KB , 717x593 , LF5 6.png )
1021733

>>
No. 1021734 ID: 629f2e

Landi just bursts out laughing. It's a jester, that's probably the response it wants.
>>
No. 1021735 ID: 894419

>>1021733
"I uh... uh, I..., uh. I forgot what I was going to say when I got in here."
>>
No. 1021739 ID: 327fd0

>>1021733
Hhhhail and well met?
>>
No. 1021741 ID: 408194

Kobold jester! Kobold Jester!
Always fun and never pesters.

Don't let the joy
Go mouldy and fester.
He'll escort us
With grandest gesture.
>>
No. 1021742 ID: 96c896

>>1021733
Why hello there little guy!
>>
No. 1021776 ID: 8483cf
File 164357377837.png - (16.02KB , 890x321 , LF5 7.png )
1021776

The tiny lizard-kin spreads his arms and sings:

Welcome home! Welcome home!
We’ve missed you while you’re saving lives
But now you’re here, no need to roam!

Grab a chair! Have some meat!
Guests you’ve brought, now I will greet!

Jekster’s my name, and Jek’s my dad
He’s the greatest paladin in the land
Mom says he’s his god’s right hand

We welcome you inside our den
Our hearth the hottest, beds the softest
Kick up your feet and feel the zen!

I’ll be your guide ‘til Mom is ready
So follow me and keep it steady!





Serah, your party diplomat, is totally speechless.
>>
No. 1021778 ID: 8483cf
File 164357394918.png - (64.27KB , 890x321 , LF5 8.png )
1021778

A jester? In a freakin’ dragon lair? A lair Rae and Serah and Dotti have been stressing about for months?

You burst out laughing. It’s a long, loud, breathless laugh that you just can’t hold back.

Jekster lets out a sigh of relief. Jek swoops in and grabs him in a big hug.

“Look how strong your signing voice is!” Jek says, scruffing his son’s scaly spikes. “You’ve been practicing hard, haven’t you?”

“I have! Mom said to wait for you to show up and tell you to see her RIGHT AWAY!” Jekster hugs him back, but quickly realizes that he’s still on duty. “Wait, wait! I have a job to do, dad! Let me go!”

“Of course,” Jek smiles.

Jekster straightens up and clears his throat. “Ahem! Welcome, honored guests! I am to be your guide until the Terror of the house is ready to meet you for dinner. Our hospitality is, um, yours!”

Serah steps up and gives a small curtsy. “Thank you, kind Jekster. I am Lady Serah Kensington, and the welcome is greatly appreciated after such a long journey.”

Jekster beams at Serah and has to keep his feet from dancing of their own accord. “You must be tired. We have beds, food, wine, sweets, hot springs, anything you would like to relax and enjoy today.”

Jekster pauses. “Um, Mom said she’d be ready to see you tomorrow. I don’t know how to say it politely. But my siblings would love to meet you if you want!”

You’re about to scream WINE, but you’ve been told to be on your best behavior, so you wait for Serah to speak first.

What should you politely scream at Serah to do today? And what first?
>>
No. 1021779 ID: 629f2e

Food first, hot springs second. Food to restore some energy, and springs because it's a nice lazy activity. Lazing around in a big bath would feel great.
>>
No. 1021781 ID: c92a02

Food, then hot springs. Never leave your perch the entire time.
>>
No. 1021782 ID: e51896

sate your hunger with some sustenance! And then hot springs! Don't let Serah tell you you'll get a cramp going swimming after eating, that is a myth!
>>
No. 1021783 ID: 094652

>A jester? In a freakin’ dragon lair?
Well, duh.
Do you realize how stressful power is? Sometimes a personal comedian can be the difference between a Legend and a Caligula.
Still, his act is wimpy. Prolly cause his mom isn't going to eat him for suck jobs. Maybe you could find one of your old classmates to teach him the mystic eastern Artes of "Boke-Tsukkomi"?

>What to do first
Meet the rest of the family! Do some practice duels with the kids, challenge them with bets, and get their attention overall. The better you impress them (mostly by throwing your matches), the higher the quality of guest food.
>>
No. 1021792 ID: 790ada

>>1021783
This, teach Jekster some REAL jokes, and meet the family during the meal.
>>
No. 1021793 ID: 408194

The name and the Pacman eyes really bring home the adorable factor.

Let us meet the rest of the kiddies!
>>
No. 1021795 ID: 327fd0

Aw, look at that jester’s eye gleam when he managed to make someone laugh. There’s a solid fun-having spirit in that one!

Family meet and greet, followed by food (and drink) followed by hot springs sound like a swell time for all.
>>
No. 1021799 ID: 96c896

Oh he's not a kobold he's a young dragon-lizard.

>>1021778
Psst hey bro yall got any mana potions
>>
No. 1021807 ID: afe7de

You, being a fairy and liking japes and jokes, will immediately try to hang out with the jester.

Oh and also ask for a mana potion for a quick pick me up in return for laying out some sweet PUNS and HUMOR that he'll never get just staying in a cave!
>>
No. 1021820 ID: 8483cf
File 164359723711.png - (23.70KB , 670x635 , LF5 9.png )
1021820

Because you’re on your best behavior, you wait for Serah to speak first.

Serah looks around at the group, considering what each of us would want to do. You want a wine party, and you want it now! You guess that Serah herself would want to visit the hot springs since she loves her morning showers so much. Raelynn would probably appreciate walking around the lair to find the safest place for her to rest. Dotti obviously wants sweets and hates baths. The one thing we all have in common, however, is that we’ve all been munching on dried food for weeks and weeks.

“A hot meal would be heavenly,” Serah says. “Your family’s hospitality is most appreciated, Jekster. We look forward to meeting them.”

“FOOD!” you scream politely.

“To the dining hall!” Jekster declares.

Dotti’s ears perk up for the first time today.

Taranis circles around Raelynn and perches on her shoulder nobly just before she steps through the door, giving you a knowing glimmer in his eye. You give him the thumbs-up as a fellow member of Team Ride-Along.

The group nears a bend in the ornately carved walls. One turn heads up, the other down.

“Dad, mom said to go upstairs, first thing,” Jekster says. “Are you hungry? Can we bring you some food?”

“I expect there will be food waiting for me,” Jek says. “Thank you, everyone. As much as I would like to introduce you to my family personally, I must take my leave.”

He turns to head upstairs, but Dotti grabs Jek’s hand and looks up at him pleadingly.

“Dotti, he has to go,” Serah says.

Jek somehow gives her a soft smile, which is freakin’ weird since he’s all scales and teeth. “Everything will be fine. I promise.”

Dotti lets him go. He waves goodbye disappears around the bend.

“It’s okay, Dotti,” Serah says. “Come on. We’re going to get some food. And sweets, too. Jekster, didn’t you mention sweets?”

“Oh, yes!” Jekster says. “Kayk is visiting. She left the nest a couple years ago, but now she’s back, and her pastries are better than ever!”

“Kayk?” you ask. “Is she a baker?”

“Yep! My big sister is the best in the world,” Jekster says. “She always wanted to be a baker, just like I want to be an entertainer!”

“Oooh! I love jokes!” You lean forward in Serah’s cleavage to get a front-row seat. “Gimme your best dragon joke.”

“Just a second, let me think.” Jekster clears his throat. “I got it! What’s a dragon’s favorite cake?”

“I dunno, what?”

“A lair cake! It tastes clawsome!”

You give him a giggle, and he positively glows. Well, nobody’s perfect when they’re getting started.

“Let me tell you some jokes I heard at fairy college!” you say. Serah gives you a warning eye, but you wave her off. This material will be G-rated, at least until the kid leaves. You trade jokes with Jekster for a minute, and he’s interested in some physical comedy, which is great, ‘cause you have a few ideas for how to test it out on Dotti.

“…and hey, I almost forgot,” you say. “All this kidding around is making me thirsty. You got any mana potions around here?”

“They’re stored downstairs, next to Tanwen’s training room,” Jekster says. “She’s practicing her bladework right now. We’re almost to the kitchen. Do you want to take a detour, or can you wait a bit for the potion?”

Rae’s ears perk up hearing the word ‘bladework.’ Maybe she’s about to meet a friend! Wait, it’s Rae. Nah.

Do you want to eat food and meet Kayk now (and make Dotti happier), or use Rae’s interest to divert the party and meet Tanwen (and get your glow back)?
>>
No. 1021821 ID: e51896

Dotti is the only one we haven't calmed down yet (we already built Serah's confidence and got Rae to calm down) Lets make Dotti happy and eat first and meet his sister.
>>
No. 1021822 ID: 629f2e

You can get your glow back AFTER a nice meal. Though you could send Rae down to get one for you while she's checking out Tanwen while the rest of you eat. Dotti could clearly use some calming down, and nothing's better at that than food!

Just... Keep her away from chocolate.
>>
No. 1021827 ID: afe7de

Go with Dotti, have Rae bring you one when she's done. You're hanging in boobah land so you're save and if something happens you already warned Serah you could suck life force.
>>
No. 1021829 ID: c92a02

Make Dotti happier and she's more likely to be better behaved! And the longer Landi's visible like this the better.
>>
No. 1021869 ID: aba9fd

You’re leading everyone’s eyes right where you want them, a few moments longer of enjoying that untold joke with yourself is worth it. It makes you the best jester in the room!
>>
No. 1021870 ID: 96c896

Rae doesn't care about food anyway, let her split up.
>>
No. 1021969 ID: 8483cf
File 164369008820.png - (28.40KB , 770x909 , LF5 10.png )
1021969

“You look in-ter-es-ted in something, Peek-a-bangs!” you say in a singsong voice. “You wanna go downstairs and see the show, don’cha?”

“That’s irrelevant,” Rae says.

“Au contraire, I declare!” Jekster says. “If seeing Tanwen practice would be fun for you, it’s fun for me, too. Everyone should enjoy themselves here! Life’s a party!”

Oh yeah. This kid is gonna go places.

“Yeah, Rae. Listen to the expert,” you say. “Have some fun! And, also, you know, grab a mana potion or two when you’re down there, pretty please.”

“I…” Rae frowns deeply, takes a breath, and shakes her head. “I don’t think so. I’d rather stick together. And frankly, I’d rather not take advice from you, Landi.”

“Rude,” you mutter.

“If you’re more comfortable with us, I understand,” Serah says. “Jekster, please take us to the dining hall. I’m sure some food, sweets and wine will be good for all of our attitudes.”

“Now you’re talking!”

Jek leads the party to the dining hall. A grand, ornate wood table is already set with eight plates, two of which have smaller plates set beside them. Taranis immediately swoops to the table and seats himself on a napkin next to the stormcrow-sized plate.

“Your stormcrow is smart!” Jekster says. “Fast too. You know what they say: the early wyrm gets the bird!”

Taranis ruffles his feathers indignantly.

“Not you!” Jekster sputters. “Turkey! I meant getting turkey, not you!”

“Gotta read the room before you make the jokes,” you say solemnly. Jekster’s eyes glimmer at your sage advice.

Suddenly Raelynn tenses up. She scowls, her ears perk and her fingers twitch- but then she sighs and lets it go. What was that about?

You glance out of your cleavage balcony and see a pair of horns peeking around the entrance opposite where you came in.

“Your sister’s here,” Raelynn tells Jekster.

Wow! Good thing you calmed her down earlier. You’re such a good party member. This calls for a celebration!

“Where? Oh! C’mon, Kayk! Come say hi!”

A burgundy-scaled dragon girl steps into the room, tail swishing behind her. She sheepishly waves hello.

“My big sister will get anything you need. She’s the best! We’ve been preparing for you, so just say the word and we got it!”

Kayk gives Jekster a worried look. Her tail droops.

“Uh…” Jekster shuffles his feet. “But I’m sure she’d be happiest if you asked for roast turkey, and not, like, unicorn kebabs.”

Kayk nods.

“Roast would be lovely, Kayk,” Serah says. “Do we have any requests?”

“Do you have sweetrolls?” Dotti asks. You wince at how she’s still not bothering to move her lips as she talks with her illusion magic. Ugh.

Kayk smiles and nods.

“Wine!” you declare. “Lots! Red AND white!”

“How many glasses?” Kayk asks softy.

Serah is distracted and doesn’t hear the question. Now’s your chance to get everybody celebrating!

This is an important question. Classy people have one glass for red, one for white. You could even get a third flute glass for bubbly! But if you’re gonna be drinking it all anyway, does it really matter? And who gets the most wine?

Who do you order wine for, and how much do you give them? A little, a lot, or a party?

1. Serah
2. You
3. Dotti
4. Raelynn
5. Taranis
>>
No. 1021970 ID: e51896

Serah a little, she's a bit weird when drunk
You A PARTY
Dotti YOU DON'T GET ANY!
Raelynn A lot, she can probably hold her alcohol
Taranis, do birbs even drink wine?
>>
No. 1021972 ID: afe7de

Give everyone a little bit and then let them go for more if they want, even Dotti, you may dislike her and are worried about her antics, but keeping her out of light partying would make her MORE antisocial and you don't want that, you want fun. Also you want tons of alcohol because reasons. You won't take no for an answer and Serah knows that you're actually find drunk so this is fine, you're in boob land anyway.
>>
No. 1021974 ID: 9b127b

Booze for everyone!
it's party time!
>>
No. 1021975 ID: 894419

You get a party, Raelynn gets a lot, everyone else gets a little.
>>
No. 1021978 ID: c92a02

Serah, you: A lot! Dotti, Raelynn: A little! Do birds even drink?
About three drinks in, suggest to Serah that alchemy might enhance the flavor of the booze.
>>
No. 1021979 ID: 629f2e

A little for everyone to start, plenty of extra for you and Rae. You deserve it, and Rae needs to untighten her ass. Serah should not, at least not fully, drunk Serah is weird and horny. Not the vibe your party needs rn when meeting someone who can kill you all with ease.
>>
No. 1022065 ID: 8483cf
File 164377642413.png - (54.89KB , 1119x1152 , LF5 11.png )
1022065

“Nonono, Rae, you got it all wrong,” you say. “People are fun because they’re dumb.”

“I don’t follow,” Rae says, chewing her turkey and motioning for another glass of wine.

“Nobody’s perfect. Everybody’s their own special kind of weird. That’s why you gotta make friends with everyone you can, so the weird is balanced out and fun!”

“That sounds like a recipe for disaster,” Rae says.

“It worked for us!” Serah says, cheeks flush. She motions for another glass as well. Kayk nods, but she looks to you before she gets another bottle.

You point at Serah and shake your head. You’re gonna have to cut her off for now! She’s pushing the limit as it is. She’s supposed to be the diplomat, but… it is a party. You won’t embarrass her. Yet.

“How are you liking the wine, Dotti?” Serah asks. “I think it’s great!”

Dotti sniffs at the wine and sips at her barely-touched glass. “How do I know it’s working?”

“You get all warm and feel happy!”

“Really?” Dotti takes another sip. “Does it work for fox spirits?”

“Yep! And magic birds!”

Taranis bobs his head eagerly.

Dotti shrugs and takes another sip. Good thing she’s taking it slow- you don’t need a party animal on your hands.

Kayk and Jekster are finally done running back and forth from the kitchen. The meal’s all set, and they pull up seats at the table. You quickly tug Serah’s shirt up to keep both of you decent.

“This food’s awesome!” you cheer. “Thanks, you two!”

“Thank you, thank you!” Jekster says. “Kayk cooked it, but I helped!”

Kayk pats her little brother on the head.

“Can we expect to meet the rest of your family soon?” Serah asks.

“Yeah!” Jekster says. “I’m sure at least one of my brothers and sisters are hungry. Maybe Tanwen’s done training? Or Hunny is done sleeping? Or Cadmus is done studying?”

“They’ll smell the delicious turkey and come running,” Dotti says. “If they’re smart, they will.”

-Which of the Terrorscales comes to the meal?
-What do you want to talk about with Kayk and Jekster while you eat?

>>
No. 1022066 ID: f11dfe

Hunny

compliment Kayk's thicc thighs, she must not miss leg day, ask Jekster what entertaining trick he knows (like juggling for example) and ask what Hunny dreamt about, maybe hunny dreamt a past life?
>>
No. 1022069 ID: c92a02

Hunny. Why don't you talk about Jek and what he does for a living?
>>
No. 1022086 ID: 629f2e

Sure, why not Hunny?

Seconding thicc thighs talk with Kayk. I'd also find it neat if we could convince Jekster to talk with Dotti and help her calm down further. Invoke the natural order that shorties have to stick together (you don't count, you are at least average height for a fairy). Plus it'd be good practice for the budding jester, dealing with an audience where a fair bit of his puns don't register. See how well the kid can rework his stuff to the needs of his crowd, and you'll get a fuller picture of how good he really is.
>>
No. 1022090 ID: 0838d6

Hunny's gotta wake up and eat 4th lunch, the 2nd most important meal of the day!
>>
No. 1022182 ID: 8483cf
File 164385719338.png - (88.28KB , 706x834 , LF5 12.png )
1022182

Raelynn looks over her shoulder at something and snorts.

“Was that a laugh? What’s so funny, Rae?” Serah asks.

“BALLS!” you shriek. “Dotti, look behind you! It’s a bear! Rrrrrrun for your life!”

Dotti looks behind her chair and lets out a squeal. There’s a giant bear head coming straight at her! She ducks under the table in a clatter of flying utensils and fur.

Hunny Terrorscale, wearing giant bear pelt pajamas, ambles over to the table. His right claw is wickedly sharp and larger than his left… which he is using to scratch his butt scales. He gives giant yawn.

“Gotcha, Dotti!” you giggle madly. “Now that’s comedy!”

“Um, it’s okay, Dotti,” Jekster says. He’s dropped his jester act and is trying to coax Dotti out of her makeshift foxhole. “That’s just my big brother, Hunny.”

Dotti pokes her head out from under the table, eyes wide.

“Oh, hey. Fourth lunch,” Hunny says with a smack of his lips. “Thanks, Kayk.”

Kayk crosses her arms.

“See, Miss Dotti? Nothing to be afraid of. Come on out,” Jekster says. He holds out a claw and helps Dotti up. “There you go! Us shorties have to stick together.”

Dotti glares at you and turns her nose up before looking to Jek and patting the empty seat next to her. He hops up with a jolly jingle of bells. Kayk swoops in with a perfectly timed sweetroll and Dotti busts out the biggest foxy smile you’ve seen in months. She chows down, happy as a clam.

It’s hard to believe you’ve had two months of travel together and Dotti hasn’t tried to kill you even once. She might’ve joked about it, sure, but she’s never actually tried, not since you made the contract. Good thing you have the contract! Without it, she could do whatever she wanted, including bap you to smithereens.

Right now, you’re safe between two big, soft pillows being served from a dragon’s hoard of wine. Now if that’s not adventuring, what is? This calls for a toast.

“To awesome adventurers like us!” You motion for Serah to hold out your very full glass and her mostly empty glass to the table for a toast.

“And to our hosts!” Serah adds.

“To good hospitality,” Raelynn says, and she almost sounds like she means it.

“To new friends,” Dotti says with a smile.

Jek toasts his glass of apple cider, Kayk lifts her glass of milk, and Hunny hoists a bowl of gravy. Taranis clinks his beak on his glass.
>>
No. 1022183 ID: 8483cf
File 164385722386.png - (7.94KB , 435x444 , LF5 13.png )
1022183

Dotti is still warily eyeing Hunny, but after Jekster assures her that he only skins big, dangerous animals that eat foxes, she relaxes a little bit.

The kid’s a natural. He picked up on the fact that Dotti was the most nervous out of the group and needed a pick-me-up, and he pivoted away from puns when he realized Dotti hated them. Maybe it’s ‘cause puns are your thing. Right now he’s keeping her happy, and a happy Dotti is a happy Serah.

Rae’s on her third glass of wine. She’s not bothering to make conversation, which is kind of rude, but she’s being cute with Taranis and just petting and scratching and scritching and petting some more.

Taranis is fine with this.

Kayk keeps the wine coming for you and always manages to avoid filling up Serah’s glass without her noticing which is AWESOME. Almost as awesome as those THIGHS holy SHIT girl you have got it going ON. Kayk blushes at your heartfelt compliment and pins her tail between her legs which is a shame because her butt is a ten outta ten you better believe it.

In between bits of turkey and rolls and avoiding the salad, Hunny says he’s glad his dad is home. Jekesson is always out on errands for Tate Yempi and Hunny was worried he wouldn’t get to say hi to dad before he gets kicked out of the lair. Apparently Mai kicks her kids out of the lair when they’re ready and Hunny is sleeping so much his mom is saying that he is getting ready-er by the hour.

What a meal! What great wine! What great company! This is the life. Can it get any better?

“Jekster said you had hot springs.” Serah looks over to Kayk and gets a nod. “Are they ready?” Another nod.

“Fuc- I mean, hel- I mean, heck yes!” you exclaim through a mouthful of salad and half-suppressed naughty words.

Rae shrugs and keeps petting her bird friend. That’s as enthusiastic as she gets.

Dotti sticks out her tongue. “Ew! How can you like all that water getting you all wet?”

“Dotti, don’t you want to look your best for when you meet Mai?” Serah asks.

“I don’t need a bath. We’re not meeting her today, anyway. I’ll fluff myself tomorrow morning.”

“Hehe. Go fluff yourself,” you giggle.

“Wait,” Rae pauses her bird petting. “If Dotti’s not coming with, that means we’re splitting up. That seems like a bad idea.”

There’s a pause. You don’t have to say anything. Just wait for it…

“Eh,” Rae shrugs. “I guess our hosts will keep her safe.”

“Yes!!! Mission Remove-stick-from-Rae’s-butt accomplished!!!” you scream.

Taranis spreads his wings in celebration.

“Not you, too,” Rae says with a small twitch of her lips that threatens to break into a smile.

“I’ll take you to the baths, then,” Kayk says softly.

“Um… I can show Dotti my juggling routine!” Jekster says.

Dotti is nonplussed.

“…and all the sweets Kayk made!”

Dotti is plussed.

“We might be a while,” Serah tells Dotti. “I’ve been looking forward to hot water for two whole months. You’ve got the whole afternoon to yourself, so behave, okay? As my second favor, I’m asking for you to be on your best behavior.”

Dotti nods.

Do you have any favors to ask of Dotti before you head to the hot springs with Serah, Raelynn and Taranis? You have three remaining for the day.
>>
No. 1022187 ID: 629f2e

Practical: Ask her to snag you a mana potion (with permission from your hosts), and to leave it outside the bathing area.

Fun: Ask her to use her budding art skills to capture the majesty of Kayk's ass.
>>
No. 1022188 ID: 894419

>>1022183
I don't think we need to give out any more favors, lets bathe!
>>
No. 1022189 ID: c92a02

Save something sweet for me!
>>
No. 1022190 ID: 96c896

Asking Dotti to fetch you a mana potion seems like a legit favor to use, since nobody else is gonna do it apparently.
>>
No. 1022191 ID: e51896

Yeah, getting us a mana potion seems good.
>>
No. 1022277 ID: 9b127b

Tell Dotti to find some other method of getting clean. tell her she still has a garbage stink about her (whether true or not)
>>
No. 1022478 ID: 8483cf
File 164409573675.png - (7.52KB , 400x402 , LF5 14.png )
1022478

“Dotti! Dotti Dotti Dotti. Dottiiiii, it’s favor time,” you say, making triple sure she knows she’s being talked at. “Dotti, grab me a mana potion, and, like, leave it right outside the baths. And don’t steal it, you gotta ask nice.”

Dotti grumbles at you and nods.

“Have fun eating sweets and stuff,” you say. “And make sure you don’t dig around in any trash bins. You don’t wanna be stinky when Mai meets you. No that’s not a favor, it’s advice.”

Dotti crosses her arms and looks away, but when she thinks you aren’t looking she sniffs her outfit.

“Thank you, Kayk and Jekster, for the meal,” Serah says. “I think we’re ready to relax a bit, aren’t we?”

“Yeah!”

Rae nods.

Kayk leads you, Serah, Rae and Taranis to a warmer area of the lair. The air gets hot and humid just outside a door- there must be some serious geyser action going on. From the smell of it, they’ve cleaned out most of the sulfur, too, so it’s a super clean, all-natural bath.

“There’s soap and scale shine on your right,” Kay says quietly, “But there’s hair and skin care too. Um, I can clean your clothes for you if you want.”

“If it’s not too much trouble,” Serah says.

“It’s no trouble,” Kayk says. “Just leave it in the changing room. I wont touch your weapons or potions or anything. Um… I’ll leave you to it, then. Just ring the bell in the baths if you need anything.”

Kayk opens the door and bows away, leaving you all to do absolutely nothing but kick back and relax for hours. This is the first time in months you have nothing to worry about AND it’s the first time in the history of the universe that Rae has no stick up her butt.

What do you wanna do???

A. Talk about your wildest dreams and/or fantasies
B. Talk about embarrassing childhood stories
C. Compare your best features
D. Fantasize about stealing dragon gold
E. Other
>>
No. 1022479 ID: e51896

E. Heeey, wait a minute, tell Taranis to go to the men's side of the bath, perv!
>>
No. 1022480 ID: 629f2e

C or B.
>>
No. 1022481 ID: 7a47b3

D is in character with Landi. She wasn't above stealing panties after all.
>>
No. 1022484 ID: c92a02

C/D. This looks like a dragon who spends their gold instead of just sitting on it!
>>
No. 1022496 ID: 8483cf
File 164410899725.png - (312.66KB , 1361x988 , LF5 15.png )
1022496

You pop out of Serah’s cleavage and breathe the clothing-free air. Time to relax and- wait, isn’t Taranis a guy? Maybe the stormcrow can get flustered. Time for some fun.

“No peeking!” you stick out your tongue. “Perv alert! Isn’t there a birdbath for dudes somewhere on the other side of this cave?”

Taranis looks at Rae in confusion.

“She’s teasing you,” Rae says.

“I do wonder, Taranis,” Serah ponders, “how often does a bird get to see sexy ladies take a bath?”

Taranis does not answer.

“You are a perv bird,” Rae says, and this time her lips actually do curl up a little. “So that’s why I was warned to secure my gear around stormcrows.”

Taranis puts on his most innocent sparkly-eyed face, because he is definitely not a bird who would raid women’s underthings to make comfy nests.

You all settle in and soak. You haven’t had a chance to relax like this since poker night a month ago. Wait a minute. Poker night. Oh!

“Serah, you got anything planned with that cutie from poker night? Did he get his portals working?”

“Mmmmmaybe,” Serah says with a coy glance to one side.

“Poker night?” Rae asks.

“Long story, it was an excuse to play cards, get naked and make out. Lots ‘a hotties, boys and girls. You interested?”

“Pass.”

“Boring elf is boring,” you sigh. “I shoulda expected better from a girl whose idea of a girls’ night out is reading at the library in a fancy dress.”

“I did get asked out when I was there,” Rae says pointedly.

“He was checking you out, not asking you out. Big difference. But you could’ve had some fun~~~”

“I just wasn’t interested, that’s all.” Rae sighs. “Not like there’s much for him to check out. I’m not like Serah or you. I don’t have huge boobs or a bubble butt to distract from… you know.” She toys with her bangs.

“Not true!” you exclaim. “You’re so… so… elfy! And you’ve got…”

What is Rae’s best feature?
>>
No. 1022498 ID: e51896

HER EYES! the way she looks at her with her right eye is so mysterious... btw, what is she ashamed of hiding that other eye under that hair? let loose, gurl! I bet she'd be very cool with both eyes looking at people, intimidating to our enemies too!
>>
No. 1022499 ID: 96c896

>>1022496
Slim physique. Nice legs.
>>
No. 1022504 ID: 629f2e

Rae has a nice slim physique that most girls would kill for, really nice eyes, and some gorgeous hair.
>>
No. 1022505 ID: 7a47b3

Mystical eyes, and slim physique!
>>
No. 1022506 ID: c92a02

Her eyelashes.
>>
No. 1022538 ID: 8483cf
File 164413139322.png - (78.59KB , 1013x900 , LF5 16.png )
1022538

“C’mon, girl, you’ve got a figure to die for,” you say. “Look at you. Look at you! You’ve got killer legs, a tight tummy, and you are so sleek you make waterfalls jealous. And you’ve got that lady of mystery thing going for you too, your hair is just so alluring. People look at you and see your eyes are deep and gold and just incredible to look at and are definitely your best feature!”

“My eyes are my best feature?” Rae asks. “I thought fairies didn’t lie.”

Rae looks down and you realize you’ve said eyes. Not eye. Oh shit. Slip of the tongue. Uh…

“Not lying,” you say wholeheartedly. Better stick the landing, girl. “I meant what I said.”

Rae doesn’t say anything in response. Instead, she pulls back her bangs.

“You really think this is my best feature.”

Oh dear.

Getting a good look at it, you can see the rot and death clawed into her skin.

“My third battle,” Rae says. “An undead beast from a warring clan got me before I knew what to do. Barely stopped the wound from killing me, but it took out decades of expectations my parents and clan had for me. Things didn’t go well after that.”

Serah’s gone a little pale. It’s up to you to say something. Fast.

What do you say to Raelynn?

Raelynn will remember this.
>>
No. 1022539 ID: 9b127b

Eye scars are fierce as hell!
demand respect and also mega sexy.

it is a shame about the lack of depth perception.
>>
No. 1022540 ID: 96c896

>>1022538
What you said was true. Her eye of white gold is proof she has the will to overcome what would utterly defeat others, and in fact she has turned it into a strength. She can see through it, can't she?
Deep, and incredible. But not in the same way.
>>
No. 1022542 ID: e51896

Talk about how scars are just badges that shows proof of how strong she really is!
Also mention the woman with burn scars on the entirety of the right side of her body that you meet up with in your poker nights, and how she comfortably shows those scars off like badges of honor, proving how tough of a woman she really is and how she doesn't let it bother her, even stripping off all her clothes during the game to show it all off!
>>
No. 1022543 ID: c92a02

Yes, and it's granted you your unique blindsight. And chicks dig scars!
>>
No. 1022544 ID: 894419

>>1022538
I was wrong, but only about the color you have one eye of gold and one of pearl. It shows that you are fierce, determined, and beautiful.
>>
No. 1022546 ID: 53560f

Scars are proof of a lesson learnt, there’s no shame. I bet you could one hundred percent rock a style without hiding that eye that would make you look fierce and beautiful.
>>
No. 1022580 ID: 629f2e

Who cares what your family or clan were expecting from you? You're only as good as you are, and if they're demanding more than that then they can go fuck themselves. You probably worked really hard, and as a result you came out of a fight injured instead of dead. If they can't appreciate that, then they're the problem, not you.

Also, your scar is rad af.
>>
No. 1022591 ID: 12b116

Face scars are honestly a built-in shit test. If somebody isn't interested in you because of that, they weren't worth talking to in the first place.
>>
No. 1022601 ID: 8483cf
File 164418680115.png - (134.75KB , 808x863 , LF5 17.png )
1022601

“That’s so fierce!” you gush. “Rae, that scar is awesome! You look like a beautiful badass!”

“No, I don’t.” Rae drops her bangs back into place. “It’s a mark of shame and it draws attention.”

“No it fucking isn’t! Sure it draws attention, but good attention! It’s sexy as hell and demands people respect you for being such a determined, hardcore survivor that takes zero shit! Anybody who isn’t interested in you ‘cause of that isn’t worth your time.”

“I agree,” Serah says, finally finding her voice. “The soldiers in my keep with the scars were the ones I knew had experience. I could trust them to keep me safe.”

“See?” you say. “Your eyes totally are your best feature. I was only wrong about one thing: the color! You’ve got a gold eye and a pearly white gold eye, but that just makes you even more beautiful than boring old monochrome girls who don’t have scars. In fact, at poker night, I met a girl with burn scars all over half her body! She was tough as nails and showed it all off and she was so so sexy.”

“That’s different,” Rae says. “I’m willing to bet those burns weren’t her fault. For me… I froze up. I was supposed to be a warrior. The best warrior. I… I wasn’t ready.”

“That scar is not your fault,” Serah says firmly. “If you weren’t ready and your clan forced you to fight, then the fault lies on them, not you.”

Serah’s too formal, but it’s the way she was raised, poor girl. You, however, have no such limitations.

“You did your best,” you say. “You gave all you had. And if your family thinks that wasn’t enough, then fuck ‘em.”

Rae stares at the ceiling for a few moments before muttering a small, soft “Fuck ‘em.”

The baths are quiet as you let the moment be. Once Rae seems a little better, you flit in front of her and give her a big smile.

“Hey, I have an idea,” you say. “I bet you could totally rock a hairstyle that shows off that scar. You wanna try one out sometime? Maybe have some fun with it, hit the town, see what happens?”

Rae slides neck-deep into the water and doesn’t say a word back. It’s not a no, but from Rae, that’s basically a yes. She might not be ready for a new hairstyle now, but maybe sometime in the future she will be.

For now, it’s time enjoy some much-needed R&R. Or you could have some fun and mess with Serah and/or Rae. You have a feeling Rae might actually play along as best she knows how- which has literally never happened before in the history of the universe. Maybe a game? Or something else?

What do you want to do with Serah, Raelynn and Taranis? You have plenty of time before Kayk finishes washing your clothes and Dotti brings you a mana potion.
>>
No. 1022602 ID: afe7de

what if, while other suggestions are happening, you gave one of them a head massage, some head scratches. You'll probably give up after a brief period, but it's a show of you being fun and in the moment letting them have a good time!
>>
No. 1022603 ID: e51896

Splashy fight! flit down and kick some water in Serah's face!
>>
No. 1022616 ID: c92a02

Help each other wash up! You could play truth or dare, that always goes over well.
>>
No. 1022621 ID: 094652

Help remove some of the microscopic mites burrowed within their pores.
>>
No. 1022645 ID: 83d8ae

>>1022616
never ever has truth or dare ever been a bad choice
>>
No. 1022662 ID: 8483cf
File 164421487021.png - (75.31KB , 484x425 , LF5 18.png )
1022662

It’s time to play a game that has mostly never had bad consequences for anyone ever.

“Hey ladies and gentlebird,” you say in a singsong voice. “You ever hear of a game called Truth or Dare?

Serah lets out a high-pitched squeal of delight. Rae shakes her head.

“I’ve always wanted to play that game!” Serah says. “Rae, come on! Let’s do it!”

“Sure,” Rae says. “How?”

“Easy peasy,” you say. “We go around in a circle. Whoever’s turn it is decides whether they want to tell a truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, or they decide to perform a dare. Then the group asks a question or tells a dare. You can pass, but if you do, you have to tell a truth if you passed a dare, or do a dare if you passed on a truth. If you pass in one round after passing last round… well, you don’t wanna do that.”

Both Rae and Taranis nod.

Oh this is gonna be good.

SUGGEST AS MANY TRUTHS AND DARES FOR EACH PARTICIPANT AS YOU WANT.
1. Landi
2. Serah
3. Raelynn
4. Taranis
>>
No. 1022667 ID: e51896

Thrilling Dare for Landi: wait outside the bath area alone for Dotti to show up with your mana potion without covering yourself. If she or anyone shows up, don't explain your situation why you're sitting there naked waiting for Dotti, and act as casual as possible like nothing is wrong. No drinking the potion until after the game tho. You can return to the bath after Dotti leaves the potion.
>>
No. 1022672 ID: 629f2e

Alright, two for each of them.

Serah
-Truth: Embarrassing stories of noble life
-Dare: Go tell Jekster a joke that doesn't get a laugh. If he even chuckles, dare failed. You can either make it up by streaking back, or else it's a pass and you should feel bad.

Rae
-Truth: Hottest person you know, by your tastes
-Dare: Swallow 5 mouthfuls of the bath water. Do it close to Serah, and thoroughly describe to us the taste of Kensington bath water

Landi
-Truth: What is one thing you never told Serah that you really don't want her to know?
-Dare: Get inside Taranis's beak and stay there for 10 seconds.

Taranis
-Truth: Aside from Rae, who is your favorite party member?
-Dare: Go steal something from Kayk, Jekster, and Dotti. If you can't bring it all back, dare failed. If you bring back something the group rules interesting enough, it won't count as a pass.
>>
No. 1022676 ID: c92a02

Landi: Dare to stay nude after you've got your glow back.
Serah: Dare to give Landi a backrub.
Taranis: truth: have you ever crashed into something because you were distracted by the fairer sex?
Raelynn: Dare to use your blindsight to catch a bar of soap before it hits the water.
>>
No. 1022689 ID: 0838d6

Taranis - Truth
- What are you into? Birds? People? Fairies? *eyebrow wiggle*
Taranis - Dare
- I cant think of anything and I dont want to lean on crow steryotyping of theft, go with someone else's dare

Landi - Truth
- Why didn't you tell serah about the whole mana syphoning thing, you can't just say pure laziness (adding tension)
Landi - Dare
- Dare her to go naked for the entire time she's in the dragon's lair, knowing full well the dragon will see you naked through your glow, but others won't.

I don't have good dares/truths for the others tho!
>>
No. 1022692 ID: 769810

Rae dare: wear cake dress for the rest of the day
Rae truth: what kind of people are your type, attracted to, lust for.
Or
What are your most humiliating kink or fetish?

Taranis dare: laugh at one of jekster's jokes

Serah dare: french kiss Taranis
>>
No. 1022728 ID: 629f2e

MORE T&D! Donut asked, so I deliver. This time with a lot more random chance influencing my suggestions (Randomly rolled words included with each option):

Serah
-Truth: Would you feel uncomfortable dating a shorty since you're so big now? (Word: Short)
-Dare: Do some nude yoga! Landi and Rae each get to pick a pose for you (Word: Explicit)

Rae
-Truth: Know any techniques you can use in the bedroom? Eyebrows wiggling] (Word: Technique)
-Dare: Spin around with your eyes shut until you get dizzy, and then try to catch either Landi or Taranis without opening your eyes. (Word: Rotate)

Landi
-Truth: What's the most embarrassing thing you've done to try and make yourself look cool, either just in general or to someone you were interested in? (Word: Impress)
-Dare: Summon all your djinn friends and either take a small dare from each of them or an awful collective dare decided upon by all three (Word: Crowd)

Taranis
-Truth: Why is Rae your favorite person? (Word: Reason)
-Dare: Try to fly straight with Landi on your back trying to throw you off course. Bonus points if you can shake her off (Word: Straight)
>>
No. 1022751 ID: 8483cf
File 164429538405.png - (70.21KB , 639x627 , LF5 19.png )
1022751

“Let’s go from smallest to largest,” you say. “Or coolest to not-coolest. So obviously I’m first! Gimme truth!”

“Aren’t you supposed to always tell the truth?” Serah points out.

“Yeah, but this time, you get the whole truth. All the gory details on what it’s like to be so awesome,” you say, rubbing your hands together.

Rae snorts.

“Then tell us about what it was like when you weren’t so cool and awesome,” Serah says. “Tell us about the most embarrassing time you tried to be cool and weren’t.”

“Oh, balls,” you say. “It’s so hard to decide. But! I guess… well, I’d have to say the first time I got my hands on a bong a’ the good stuff. And before you ask, miss sheltered skirt, it’s like a pipe, but for cool people. So my friends passed it to me, right, and ‘cause I was so cool and awesome, I had to prove it by taking the biggest, hardest hit. I took it ALL and oh boy did I regret it. I coughed my lungs out, but even when I stopped fucking dying I didn’t feel so good. And then I threw up. All over the weed we were supposed to smoke. Major party foul. And then I threw up again in the sink for good measure.”

Serah giggles. Rae shakes her head.

“Nnnnnext! Taranis! One caw for truth, two for dare!”

“Caw.”

Rae takes this one. “Riss, aside from me, who is your favorite member of our adventuring party?”

Taranis hops around and shows us his tailfeathers and splits them into three separate bunches.

“That’s Dotti!” Serah says. “Why Dotti?”

Taranis does an about-face, spreads his wings and gives a fierce cry, blue flashes of lightning crackling around his feathers. Then he immediately folds his wings up and gives us a big beady-eyed look.

“Big power, small package,” you observe. “I guess you can relate. But wouldn’t that mean you’d like me best?”

Taranis looks at you and, in a gesture so perfect you’re sure he’s been practicing it, rolls his beady little bird eyes at you.

“Fine, be that way.”

“Rae!” Serah says. “Rae next!”

“Truth,” Rae says.

“Who’s your type? C’mon, tell us! Who do you drool over?”

“My type?” Rae thinks. “I mean… I’m not really looking for a relationship. But they’d have to get me. Give me space. Have my back. Not talk too much. And have really, really nice pecs. I want to trace my finger from his neck to his cock and take my sweet time.”

“How about girls?” you ask.

“Isn’t that a second question?” Rae says with a coy look. “Serah, your turn.”

“Truth!”

“Would you date a short person now that you’re tall?”

“Hmm…” Serah puts a finger to her chin. “If he’s nice and muscly, sure. What if I want to play a little rough? I don’t want to hurt him.”

“So a dwarf, then,” Rae says.

“I guess. If they’re the right dwarf. I guess I have a preference for tall muscly guys.”

“But wait!” you exclaim. “Didn’t you say Franklin was exactly one hundred and seventy-nine ce-“

“Shhh!”

Feel free to suggest more truths or dares, or double down on ones already suggested!
>>
No. 1022754 ID: 769810

>>1022667
>>1022692

Still voting for these, minus the one that got chosen, but i support Landi going naked the rest of the day after she drinks her potion! That'd ought to make her think hard about what to use her magic for without losing too much fairy dust.

Truth for Raelynn: your most irrational fear! The most ridiculous thing you are afraid of.

Dare for Serah: give archibeard a kiss! Kiss the skeleton! (She can be clothed for this)
>>
No. 1022756 ID: c92a02

>>1022676
Doubling down on everything.
>>
No. 1022761 ID: 96c896

Landi, Truth: Who was your biggest crush?
Dare: dunk yourself in the water, miss flying-above-the-bath.

Taranis, truth: how many garments have you stolen?
or, can you say something other than caw?
dare: float in the bath.

Serah: truth: what was your worst alchemical disaster?
dare: sing "I'm a little teapot", with the dance, or as much as possible while sitting at least.

Rae, truth: what was your worst missed shot?
dare: give Taranis a smooch.
>>
No. 1022819 ID: 86aaf2

>>1022761
Yea, Taranis! Give us a rattle, click, and a proper coo! There's more to life than just cawing all the time!
>>
No. 1022820 ID: 8483cf
File 164438326189.png - (55.61KB , 504x462 , LF5 20.png )
1022820

“This time we’re not going based on coolness,” Serah says, “we’re going for classiness.

“Taranis goes first, then,” Rae says. “He’s the classiest here.”

Taranis puffs out his chest.

“Nah,” you say. “Serah drinks with her pinky out. That means she’s classier than bird boy.”

“Thank you, Landi,” Serah says. “I choose dare!”

“OOOOH!” you cackle with glee. “Okay, classy lady! I dare you to french kiss Taranis!”

Taranis opens his beak wide.

“EW! NO!” Serah huffs.

“Passing already, huh? Then you gotta answer this truth,” you say. “What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever had happen to you, noble girl?”

“That’s easy,” Serah says. “The day I almost streaked half the city of Minga, and that was right AFTER the worst alchemical disaster of my life. No thanks to you.”

“Yeesh,” you say. Better not press it. “I’m really sorry. Really really sorry.”

“Hmf!”

“I think I heard about that,” Rae says. “You were moving pretty fast. I doubt anyone saw anything.”

“I certainly hope so, considering Landi also used my underwear to make the disappearing dress.”

“You weren’t wearing any panties?” Rae covers her mouth. “Oh dear.”

“MOVING ON!” you say. “Bird brain, you’re next since obviously Rae thinks you’re so classy. Truth or dare?”

“Caw!”

“Truth it is. So tell me, you high society bird, who would you take on a bird date to the bird restaurant? Another bird? A cute human girl? An elf? A faaaaaaaairy?

Taranis nods to the first and fourth option.

“It’s the wings, isn’t it?” you crow. “No boy can resist. Rae, you’re up!”

“I suppose I am classier than you,” Rae says. “Dare.”

“Serah, let me handle this!” Serah nods. “Okay, Rae, do you happen to remember that dress you borrowed back before the trip? I dare you to wear it for the rest of the day!”

“What?!” Rae recoils. “I returned that forsaken thing. It’s back in Minga. Hopefully burned.”

“Welllllll~,” you say, “Serah still had to pay for our gear, and I may have accompanied her on that trip. Guess who thought it would be great advertising for you to earn your discount by wearing it for a dragon?”

“NO. Absolutely not. I pass.”

“I told you she wouldn’t agree to do it,” Serah says.

“Yeah. Too bad. Actually, Rae, it just wouldn’t sell, so we got it for free. But we WILL see you in it again sooner or later once I get my inventory magic back.”
>>
No. 1022821 ID: 8483cf
File 164438329047.png - (2.96KB , 294x172 , LF5 21.png )
1022821

“Just give me my truth,” Rae says.

“Okay, no passing on this one!” Serah leans forward and gives her a wicked smile. “What’s your deepest, darkest kink?”

“Oh.” Rae clears her throat. “Sure. I’ll tell you, but… you have to promise never to share it. Especially you, Landi.”

“I promise I won’t share it on purpose,” you say honestly.

“That’s as good as you’ll get from her,” Serah says sagely.

“Fine,” Rae sighs. “I’ve always wanted to… uh… get captured. You know. In battle.”

“Oooooooh!” you exclaim. “And then the victor has his way with you!”

“No, actually,” Rae says with a slight twirl of her bangs, “I’d get… uh… auctioned off.”

“OOOOOOOH!” Serah squeals.

“Stop!” Rae slaps the water’s surface. “It’d be very civil! For a bit. I’d be treated well, cleaned up, put on display. The auctioneer would talk up how great a warrior I am, only I’d been ambushed with horrible odds against me, and… everyone would be very impressed. And they all want me.”

“I bet they would!”

“And then the bidding starts,” Rae says, and she’s got the most adorable blush on her face. “It gets heated. There’s fights. And finally there’s only one left, and… and then he has his way with me.”

“Right there on the stage?!?!”

“NO! Not there on the stage! In a bedroom somewhere! It’s all very civil except for the parts that aren’t! Weren’t you paying attention?!”

“THAT’S SO FUCKING HOT!”

“Just go already, Landi,” Rae says, cheeks beet-red.

“Dare!” you exclaim. “And I’ll have you know I’ve NEVER turned down a dare in my LIFE!”

“Oh, really?” Rae says. “Then I dare you to go naked. For the rest of the trip. How about that?”

“Naked? In a dragon’s lair?” you pause. “I mean, once I get my glow back, nobody could REALLY see anything unless… Serah, Mai will totally be able to see through my glow! She’s a big powerful dragon with big powerful dragon magic!”

“Oh? Is little Landi afraid of a little streaking?” Serah smiles. “How sorry were you about what you did to me in Minga? I think I know how you can make it up to me…”

“FUCK!”

If Serah or Rae pass on the next round, they will receive a PUNISHMENT instead of being forced to tell the truth/do a dare. Suggest truths, dares and PUNISHMENTS.
>>
No. 1022822 ID: afe7de

Punishment for Serah - Let Landi syphon from you to see what it's like. It's both punishment and practical so Serah would be unable to argue against it.

Rae's Punishment - Maybe double down on the dress, idk

Landi Dare - Be polite to Dotti for the rest of the day. Both complimenting and thanking her for the potion.

(I'm bad at coming up with other dares sry)
>>
No. 1022824 ID: e51896

Landi is going to be a challenge to get her to pass, so we gotta think about who or what she hates and take advantage of that, soooo...

Dare for Landi: since you love having Dotti do favors for you so much, lets see how you like it. Allow Dotti to have you to do three favors for her, no matter how weird they might be
>>
No. 1022853 ID: e51896

This time, go by order of breast size, so that would be Serah, Raelynn, Landi, then Taranis.
>>
No. 1022866 ID: 629f2e

Punishment for Rae: Landi gets to transform Rae's adventuring clothes into another cake dress. Rae can either wear the regular one all day, or the unreliable magical one for however long it lasts. (I forget if the garments disappear entirely after the spell is cast or just return to what they were before. If they vanish, just use her underwear and keep her outfit on standby. It looks too cool to lose/)

Punishment for Serah: Supporting the idea to let Landi syphon from her to test it out, but if we need a second punishment then that proves Serah isn't relaxed enough. Make Serah drink heavily until you deem her acceptably intoxicated.

Punishment for Landi: We will never need this, BUT, just in case: Landi has to pose for Dotti to draw at some point while you're here and still under Rae's dare.

Punishment for Taranis: Again, probably won't need this. Taranis must be subjected to all animals' worst nightmare: Being dressed in cute clothes by their owners!
>>
No. 1022899 ID: c92a02

Punishments: Rae gets her ears flicked. Serah has to give Landi free favors.
>>
No. 1022970 ID: 8483cf
File 164446622277.png - (152.22KB , 600x600 , LF5 22.png )
1022970

“Fine, I’ll do it. I’ll go nude for the rest of the trip,” you say. “But I’m gonna freeze to death on the way home.”

“I meant the rest of the trip inside the lair,” Rae says. “My turn for a slip of the tongue.”

Good! Phew. That could have been bad. Now you only have to be nude in front of the dragon. Yeah. No problem.

“Okay! Next round! We’re gonna go in boob order, and save the breast for last,” you say. “Taranis! You first!”

Taranis gives two assertive clicks.

“Oh, he can do more than just caw! Well, then… how about you go out and prove how good a hunter you are?”

“I like this,” Rae says. “Bring us back something good. Show us what you can do.”

“Bring us something from Kayk and Jekster!” Serah says.

“And Dotti!” you add for good measure.

Taranis give a winged salute at takes off out of the baths. You’re not sure how he’ll open the door, but apparently it’s not an issue for a clever bird like him.

“My turn,” you say. “Dare, ‘cause I’m not a loser and I never pass!”

“You say that now,” Serah says, “but can you keep up that streak? I dare you to treat Dotti like you’re the one under the contract, for a whole day! That means you have to do three favors for her…”

“Easy!”

“…and you have to treat her with respect and courtesy!”

You grimace. Serah is evil! “Shyeah yeah. Whatever. I’ll do it, but only because I’m the best girl here.”

Rae is next, and she also chooses a dare.

“Let’s test what the greatest warrior on the auction block has to offer,” you grin. “I dare you to spin around until you get dizzy, then catch me with both eyes closed!”

Rae’s blush comes back a little at that. “Fine.”

“That sounds dangerous,” Serah says.

“Not if Rae’s as good as she says!”

Rae climbs out of the bath. She kicks the water off her legs and picks a spot that’s mostly dry, then spins in place for a good twenty seconds or so, then stops.

“Here I come!” you launch yourself at her- and she snatches you out of the air with ease. “Hey!”

“Did you really forget I had the Cat’s Grace mutagen?” Rae smiles. “I can’t get dizzy.”

“Party pooper,” you huff.

As the party’s most generously endowed member, Serah’s up last. You dare her to perform a live rendition of “I’m A Little Teapot”, complete with dance moves.

“Okay!” Serah hops out of the bath and makes her way through the dance… but can’t remember the all the moves. “Um… Tip me over and… pour me out!”

“I think you failed the dance,” you say. Rae nods. “That’s a pass! You must be punished!”

“What?!” Serah glares. “No way! If I failed this, then… then Rae failed too! She didn’t get dizzy!”

“It’s true,” you say. “Rae, you were supposed to spin until you get dizzy. You failed. You shall be punished!”

“You’re both crazy,” Rae says. “That’s not-“

Without warning, Taranis bursts through the bath entrance and plops three items down on the rocks: a set of fishnet tights, a jester hat, and a big blue bow. His feathers are singed and slightly smoking.

“Are you okay, Riss?” Rae leans over and grabs his singed wings. Riss allows himself to be inspected. Thankfully, he’s no worse for wear.

“You did it!” you cheer. “Are those Kayk’s tights? WOW!”

“Perv.” Rae ruffles his feathers.

“Is Dotti okay? She’s not upset, is she?” Serah asks. “Landi, you failed your dare! You dared Taranis to take something from Dotti! You should be punished too!”

“No fair!” you say. “That was before I was dared! And I should only be punished if I passed on a dare AND failed the next one!”

Who should be punished for failing their dares, and how upset is Dotti?
>>
No. 1022973 ID: ad24ca

Dotti is so upset, she mixed a mutagen she found with the other potions in the Mana potion to get even. She'll feel better after Landi takes it. She has a feeling it was Landi's doing.
>>
No. 1022974 ID: 629f2e

Let Taranis decide who fails.

The bird immediately caws that they ALL do, not even sparing Rae as revenge for initiating a dare that got him attacked. All three take a punishment.

Dotti is mad, but by the next time we see her she'll be mostly cooled down due to Jekster proximity. Unless the jester is bawling over his lost hat, in which case she'll be chasing down that birb to get it back for her new goofy friend.
>>
No. 1022978 ID: c92a02

>>1022973
This, and no punishments, on the condition that they do two dares!
>>
No. 1022980 ID: e51896

(Edited)
>>1022973
As for what kind of mutagen it was, it's a voice changing mutagen that makes her voice deeper. Landi can still sound like how she used to sound, but will have to pitch her voice higher in order to sound like her old self again. Which takes work...
or plead with the dragon to get her old voice back with her magic
>>
No. 1022983 ID: 96c896

>>1022970
Rae didn't fail the dare, she was given an impossible one. She gets a second dare to attempt.
Serah failed hers.
Landi didn't fail hers, because dares aren't retroactive!

Dotti is SO FUCKING ANGRY. That was her most prized possession! She chased Taranis, and hears something about "punishment" just before she bursts in to retrieve her bow. She can't actually attack anyone due to her contract but she can demand punishment, yes indeed.
>>
No. 1022986 ID: 629f2e

>>1022983

Actually, Dotti's prized bow is pink. This looks like the bow from her coat (https://questden.org/kusaba/questarch/res/1003639.html#1008501). She'd be upset at having it taken, but not anywhere near as much as if Taranis had swooped up the bow on her head.
>>
No. 1022987 ID: 96c896

>>1022986
Oh you're right. In that case she'd be a lot less angry, and she's been rehabilitated enough not to use her fire magic against party members. She does know where Taranis would be going though, so she could show up to get her bow back.
I think it's more likely one of the dragon kids was the one who scorched Taranis...
>>
No. 1023089 ID: 8483cf
File 164455514043.png - (303.23KB , 1116x1117 , LF5 23.png )
1023089

“We need a neutral party to figure this out,” Serah says. “Taranis, who failed their dares?”

Taranis, the ever so wise and classy bird, points to Serah.

“Nooooo!” Serah wails. “What about Rae? She failed too!”

Taranis shakes his head, but he still points at her and caws twice for “Dare.”

“If you insist, Riss, I’ll do a different dare,” Rae says.

“Taranis, who scorched you? Was it Dotti? I bet it was Dotti.”

“Was she really, really upset?” Serah asks, her voice strained.

Taranis shakes his head to both questions.

You give a sigh of relief. “Oh, good. I was afraid she was gonna, like, spike my mana potion with a voice changing mutagen. Was it Kayk? Or Jekster?”

Taranis shakes his head twice more. He points his wings toward the bath entrance.

“I don’t get it,” you say.

“Oh, no,” Rae groans. “I don’t want to fight now…”

“What? Fight now? Wha-“

There’s a bang as the door to the changing room is kicked in. A tall, athletic girl bearing a striking resemblance to Jek bounds into the baths.

“Got you cornered!” she says, flashing a smile full of razor-sharp teeth at Taranis. “No one steals from my sister and lives!”

“AAAAHHH!” you scream, covering up with hands and wings. “I’M NAKED! STOP STARING AND GET OUT!”

“Wha- but- there’s-“

“GET OUT! OUT OUT OUT!”

The girl turns around and runs out as fast as she can.

“No need to thank me,” you say. “Now you both have some dares to do…”

Serah has failed her dare and can either be PUNISHED or do two dares. Rae gets another dare. Everyone is ignoring the girl whose name nobody asked and will definitely not come back in when you’re naked.
>>
No. 1023090 ID: c92a02

Two dares: Fairy massage, and get that lizard girl's number. Or, name anyway.
Rae, sit in Serah's lap. That's it, that's the dare.
>>
No. 1023092 ID: 094652

Serah: Rub your ass against Jek's blade-humping daughter.
Serah: Fart in Jek's face.
Rae: Kiss Jekster. For fifteen seconds.
>>
No. 1023110 ID: 629f2e

One more set of random dares. No truths this time, because truths are for squares.

Serah
-Dare: Go topless the rest of the day. (Word: Rack) (Serah keeps rolling the lewd words for dares, I don't know why)

Rae
-Dare: You have to share a bed with someone tonight, and Taranis doesn't count (Word: Domestic)

Landi
-Dare: Remember when you sat on Rae's arrow earlier? Ride an arrow fired by Rae for real. (Word: Trip)

Taranis
-Dare: Wear the cake dress. Landi will use her magic to make one in your size (can't ruin the original one naturally, else Rae can't wear it). (Word: Gown)
>>
No. 1023245 ID: 8483cf
File 164469841432.png - (55.26KB , 603x590 , LF5 24.png )
1023245

“Making fancy tiaras and saving bird butts is hard work,” you say. “Serah, I dare you to gimme a good massage. Go easy on the wings, they’re sensitive.”

Serah obliges you by holding out her hand, laying out a perfect little bed and beckoning you over with her finger. Score!

Rae watches curiously as you receive finger massage. “Doesn’t that hurt?”

“Not if she does it right. Oh, yeah. Right there… Hey, Rae! You wanna learn how to give a fairy massage too?”

“Pass.”

Taranis clicks at her in disappointment, then points at Serah’s lap with his wing and caws twice.

“Really?” Rae shakes her head. “That’s the dare you pick for me?”

“Good one, classy bird,” you nod. “Rae, get over here and sit on Serah’s lap. And if you happen to learn a thing or two about how to work your way around a wing massage while you’re sitting here, great!”

Serah lifts you out of the way and allows a resigned Rae to sit on her lap, then lowers you into place in front of Rae’s chest. At first Rae’s obviously uncomfortable being sandwiched between the two of you. That won’t do.

You roll over and give her (and Serah) a wink. “Hey, hot stuff. Could you be a good girl and get my front?”

Rae flushes a deep crimson and makes a move to get up, but Serah grabs her around the waist and squeezes her tight. “No getting out of this dare, Rae!”

Rae tilts her head to one side, hiding her face behind her bangs. “When are you two going to let me go?”

“Never!”

Rae resigns herself to her fate and settles in. Taranis nods in approval.

Now you’ve got two ladies with nothing to do but pamper you.

Life is good.

The game of Truth or Dare gets left by the wayside as the conversation shifts to how much better fairies are than birds and why feathers are worse than fairy wings. Eventually, Serah lets Rae go, but only after you’ve had your fill of pampering.

“Is that blade lizard dragon girl gonna ambush us as soon as we leave the bath?” you wonder. “Oh. Uh. We didn’t even get her name, did we?”
Rae gingerly picks up the fishnet stockings and sets them away from her spot in the bath. “Taranis, these don’t look like they’re worth dying for. I might just leave you to fend for yourself.”

Taranis turns his beak up at her. Clearly, Rae’s uncultured mind is too small to understand the value of fishnets.

“Lady Kensington, please tell me you have some kind of diplomatic immunity against dragon girl vengeance,” Rae says. “I don’t want to fight right now, so as your last dare, I dare you to go check outside if Taranis is going to get ambushed. If she’s still there, you have to talk her out of it.”

“Sure! Is that all?”

“Wearing only a towel!” you add.

“Um, fine,” Serah says. She hops out of the bath and heads into the changing room, hitches up a towel and pokes her head outside.

What does Serah see?
- Is there anyone standing outside? Do they ambush her?
- Are your clean clothes ready yet?
- Has Dotti brought your mana potion?

>>
No. 1023246 ID: c92a02

Yes, miss scale bikini is, no they are not, and yes she has.
>>
No. 1023249 ID: e51896

Yes, that diamond tailed dragon is there, she was waiting outside and is asking Serah politely if they're done yet so she can give her heroric speech that she was giving before she was interrupted last time

Clean clothes not ready yet due to birb situation earlier. It's almost done tho.

Potion was delivered, but that dragon warrior wont allow you to have it after taking her sister's stockings. Good enough punishment. Sorry Landi, no glow and no cothes. Need to convince her to get the potion.
>>
No. 1023250 ID: 629f2e

-Yes, she's very dedicated.

-No, they WOULD have been done by now if SOMEBODY hadn't gone and distracted Kayk by stealing her tights. Thankfully the task of retrieving them was delegated to scale-mail, so the laundry is still being done.

-Yes, Dotti probably made it the first thing she did since she didn't know how long your bath would be.
>>
No. 1023261 ID: 8483cf
File 164470810721.png - (80.59KB , 403x752 , LF5 25.png )
1023261

There’s a high-pitched “Nyeep!” from the doorway.

“Serah!”

You motor all two of your wing-power and manage to barely get airborne. Fuck, maybe feathers really are better without magic.

Standing on the other side of the doorway is Miss Bikiniscale herself. Thankfully, she’s ditched her cleaver, but she’s still got those wicked daggers strapped to her legs. She’s standing as tall as she can, but she’s still shorter than hunched-over Serah.

“The wicked nyeep when none pursueth, but the righteous are bold as dragons!” Bikini Warrior says. “Give up the bird so I may avenge my sister’s honor!”

“You nearly gave me a heart attack! Have you no courtesy?” Serah says. “And while I can appreciate a quote from scripture as well as any other, how dare you cosntrue my nyeep is an admission of guilt.”

“What?” the dragon-kin does a double-take. “What are you talking about?”

“Your quote. You just quoted scripture,” Serah says.

“What scripture? It’s just something my dad says.”

Serah groans. “Never mind. Why are you still here?”

“I told you, to avenge my sister’s honor! Your bird has stolen something precious and personal, and none may insult the Terrorscale name in such a manner. He will repay our family with his blood!”

“Taranis also stole from Jekster,” Serah says. “Why aren’t you also claiming vengeance in his name? He’s your family too.”

“He needs to fight his own battles and toughen up.”

“So Kayk is already tough enough to fight her own battles? Why isn’t she here, then?”

“She has duties to attend to! Important duties for our guests!”

“We’re the guests. Hello, by the way.” Serah smiles and holds out her hand. “My name is Lady Serah Kensington, Heir Countess of Kensington. How do you do?”

You were about to interject, but frankly, Serah looks like she’s got this. That and there are no towels in your size.

The dragon-kin shakes Serah’s hand. “Fine, thanks. I’m Tanwen Terrorscale, and- hey! Stop trying to weasel your way out of this with fancy words! I’m here to break your bird, and nothing’s going to change that! He violated hospitality, and he must pay!”

“The bird is my companion,” Serah says, “so you may seek recompense from me, as the Lady responsible. I’m happy to offer to give you back what was stolen.”

“I told you what ‘pense I want,” Tanwen says. “I want his blood! He can’t insult my sister like that!”

“And I cannot allow you to harm my companions like that,” Serah says.

Tanwen tries to push the door open, but Serah frowns and stands her ground, using all her strength. Tanwen steps back, shocked.

“This won’t end well for you if you keep trying,” Serah says. “Taranis, the stormcrow, has befriended an elf from the Circle Uí Liatháin. She won’t allow you to harm him.”

“Perfect,” Tanwen smiles. “Finally, a real warrior. She will fall as well!”

“I highly doubt that,” Serah says. “But if you do, you’ll anger our fox spirit. She’s quite crafty- your mind may not be quite the same after facing her.”

“My mind is a steel trap! I will deck these halls with her tails!”

“And if you do that, then I’ll get involved myself,” Serah says. “Go on, try to open this door again and tell me how you think that will end for you.”

“Then I’ll transform and tear you limb from limb!”

“And if you do that, then my fairy will summon her most powerful ally and turn you into a pillar of salt.”

“She can’t do that,” Tanwen says. “No way. That’s cheating. And even if she could, she’s out of mana. She’d need this!” Tanwen holds out a mana potion. “Looks like I have defeated your entire party!”

“You have done no such thing.”

“Yes, I have!”

“No, you haven’t.”

“Yes, I have! I’ll prove it to you. Send me your elf, then your fox, then your, then your unbeatable fairy, and I’ll defeat you all in the ring of honor. And when I do, you will forever be shamed for what you have done to my sister, and you will be introduced at all your fancy balls as “Loser Kensington, who got her party’s asses kicked by Tanwen Terrorscale.”

“You mean Tanwen Bikiniscale!” you call out from behind the door.

“Who said that? What’s a bikini? Wait, no! No more words! Only fighting! Fighting and blood!”

This chick is crazy. What should she do? What should you do?
>>
No. 1023266 ID: e51896

Keep this argument of one ups going. Tell her "and if you do that (not return the potion) we'll tell your dad on you, and your dad will be very very very disappointed and will ground you probably."
>>
No. 1023267 ID: d21170

Fly at her at maximum speed!
Beat her up!
>>
No. 1023268 ID: 629f2e

Insult her cowardice for taking the mana potion, as it proves she's too weak to take on a fairy at full power. Thus, she's admitted that she's already lost, and can only win dishonorably.

After you get your glow back, presuming that works and she gives you the potion, Portal behind her and end the fight before it even starts with a glue bomb, sticking her to the floor/wall and letting everyone walk past her.
>>
No. 1023272 ID: 96c896

>>1023261
Tell her you'll agree to nonlethal combat if she wants to fight so bad.
>>
No. 1023302 ID: 894419

>>1023261
Challenge her to an ancient game of skill and daring to settle the score. Truth or Dare! First to turn down a challenge loses and forfeits on the field of honor!
>>
No. 1023305 ID: 8483cf
File 164471739938.png - (81.65KB , 450x450 , LF5 26.png )
1023305

This chick is crazy and needs to be taken down a peg. Fortunately, you’re just the girl to do it.

“Who am I?” you call from behind the door. “Who am I!? I’m your worst nightmare!”

“Wait! I know that voice. You’re the naked fairy! There’s not going to be screaming again, is there?”

“One of us will be screaming, all right,” you say. “Serah, let me borrow your cleavage for a minute.”

“Just one moment, please.” Serah reluctantly steps behind the door, scoops you up and places you in the commander’s seat. “Please tell me know know what you’re doing.”

“I gotcha, Lady Fussington. Your name’s safe with me.”

Serah grits her teeth and steps back around the door, placing you square with Tanwen’s teeth. Oh geez they’re sharp.

“Look at you!” Tanwen says, her teeth teething teethily. “Who are you to call yourself my worst nightmare?”

“I am a fairy schooled in the ancient knowledge of college,” you say. “And I challenge you to an even more ancient rite of skill and daring. I challenge you to a game of Truth or Dare! The first to give up must relinquish their honor and be given a humiliating nickname evermore!”

Serah groans.

“I accept,” Tanwen says. “I, too, have heard of this game. You shall go first.”

“I choose truth!”

“A coward’s choice,” Tanwen says. “Tell me: if you had all your mana, could you actually turn me into a pillar of salt?”

“Not right now,” you say. “I think I need a bigger balance in my Djinn-favor bank account before I can make that big a purchase.”

“Ha!” Tanwen puffs out her chest. “I knew your Lady was all bark, no bite! For my turn, I choose dare!”

“I dare you to gimme that mana potion.”

“Done!”

Serah takes the potion, pops the cork and places it in her cleavage right in front of you, and you don’t hold back. You drink the whole thing. It’s more than your body can store, but you don’t need to hold on to it for long.
>>
No. 1023306 ID: 8483cf
File 164471742507.png - (250.78KB , 737x751 , LF5 27.png )
1023306

“Your turn, fairy,” Tanwen says.

“Dare!”

“Aha! You pathetic whelp! You’re mine! I dare you to fight me on the count of three!”

Serah takes a step back. “L-landi?”

“ ’Kay. Onetwothreego!”

You launch out of Serah’s cleavage in a cacophony of light and sound straight out of the best and worst raves ever. Caught off guard, Tanwen covers her eyes and stumbles back against the tunnel wall. She fumbles for her daggers and gets one drawn, but that takes time. Time she doesn’t have.

You fly at her full-speed, reach for your inventory magic and drop a glue bomb right on her chest. It blows open instantly, pinning her to the wall from neck to toe. Only her head and the end of her diamond-tipped tail are spared.

“What?!” Tanwen roars in surprise and anger. “You really think this gunk can hold me? I’ll burn it away!”

“Genice, Genice! Tanwen’s lame! Wanna help me douse her flame?”

Genice, your absolute bestie and all around awesome girl, picks up on the first ring. The Djinn pops into being just in time to see Tanwen taking a deep breath. There’s no time for talk: she knows what she’s gotta do.

Genice’s magic isn’t nearly enough to freeze dragonfire, but it doesn’t have to. With all the magic she can push through your summoning spell, she super-chills the air flowing down Tanwen’s throat. Tanwen coughs and hacks. She’s recovering quickly, and you can see her sniffing through her nose for round two… but you’ve got a the knockout punch coming faster than she can see.

You spy Tanwen’s flailing diamond-tipped tail. It’s razor-sharp and deadly, but the skin connecting the tip to her tail has to be sensitive- and below it are two equally delicate fins.

“Genice! Go for the tail!”

Instead of flames, all that air in Tanwen’s chest turns to a high-pitched shriek as Genice blasts that tail with all her icy wrath.

“Ya like that?” you say. “There’s more where that came from! Genice, hit her again!”

“No!” Tanwen gasps. She takes another breath to wind up for more fire, but Genice’s cold air robs her a second time. She fights as hard as she can, trying to wiggle her arms use her sharp blades to cut free of the glue, but Serah’s work is too good.

A third blast from Genice is enough to get an undignified squeal out of the formerly fierce dragonkin.

“Stop! Stop it! I yield!”

“You yield? Really? I get to give you a nickname and everything?”

“Yes really! Just stop freezing my tail!”

“I accept this victory in the name of how awesome I am,” you declare.

-What nickname do you give Tanwen?
-Should you help free her, or ask Genice to keep her glued until you’re sure she’s sorry?

>>
No. 1023307 ID: e51896

"Tanwen? more like TanLOSE!"

okay, let her go.
>>
No. 1023308 ID: 094652

Tanwen, with Millions of Demodex Parasites Crawling All Over Her Scales
(Give her a humiliating title that will remind her of how uncomfortable life is)
Keep her glued.
>>
No. 1023310 ID: c92a02

Help free Tantan, the Terrible Tantrum Wyrm.
>>
No. 1023311 ID: e51896

Oh yeah, before she leaves, give her back the stuff you guys stole
>>
No. 1023312 ID: 629f2e

Nickname: Scalemail the Exhibitionist

Let her stay up there for a bit to think about how this situation could have better been handled. This is partially because you don't trust the hot-head not to go straight for the bird when she sees him pass by, and partially because it's really funny seeing her up there.
>>
No. 1023316 ID: 96c896

Call her Gecko.

Sure, you'll free her. Use Salt's power to turn the glue into oil. Reversal! Also, hilarious, because then she'll be covered in slippery oil.
>>
No. 1023328 ID: 8483cf
File 164473203992.png - (94.98KB , 540x437 , LF5 28.png )
1023328

Tanwen’s a lot cuter when she’s not about to murder your friends. In fact, her colors remind you of a certain garden pet…

“I got your new nickname, warrior girl.” you say gleefully. “You’re a sweet lil’ Gecko!”

Well chosen, little one.

You get the oddest sense someone’s watching you, which is weird ‘cause Gecko is literally staring at you with the fury of a thousand suns.

“I don’t like that name.”

“It’ll grow on you. Dotti didn’t like the name I gave her at first, but it stuck!”

“Landi,” Serah says, “There is such a thing as being graceful in victory.”

“Fussypants, when was the last time you looked at me and said ‘wow, she is so graceful?’”

“There’s a first time for everything.”

“True, true,” you say. “Oh, yeah! Genice, thanks babe!” You blow Genice a kiss goodbye. The djinn waves back and disappears into a shower of snowflakes as the connection drops. “Hey, Gecko. You want some help getting down from there? You seem a little stuck.”

“That depends,” Gecko hisses. “Is this some kind of rare and powerful trap you used on me?”

“Rare? Nah,” you say. “Serah, how many of these can you make a day? Five?”

“Easily,” Serah says. “And this isn’t even the strongest version.”

“R-really?”Gecko’s eyes go wide. “Then… I have to practice freeing myself without fire. My tail tip can still move. I’ll be fine. I won’t lose like this again.”

“Hey, if you say so,” you say. “Better hurry, though. How embarrassing would it be for Kayk to bring our clothes back and find you like this?”

Gecko gives a nervous glance down the hallway.

“I’m sorry about all this,” Serah says. “We’ll bring out the pilfered items.”

“Yeah, Gecko! We’ll bring ‘em out to ya. Just hang tight!” You give her with a sassy tip of your wings.

Gecko does not appreciate the pun.

You and Serah head back into the baths. Taranis doesn’t like having to give up his “borrowed” hat and tights, but he doesn’t have much choice. Serah drops them outside and you all take a moment to relax and debrief. You’re a little surprised that Rae doesn’t question your recounting of events. She’s so unsurprised it’s almost like she saw the whole thing happen.

Some time later, there’s a knock at the changing room door. “The clothes are ready,” Kayk’s soft voice says, barely audible even in the echoing bath. “Um… also, Lady Kensington, Cadmus mentioned he’d like to ask a few questions about alchemy, if you have time.”

Kayk doesn’t ask about Gecko or bring up her tights, so she’s either being polite or afraid to bring it up, but it’s safe to assume Gecko’s not still “hanging out” outside.

Rae wants to wander the lair with Taranis; maybe you can tag along and peek at some dragon treasure? Dotti was hanging out with Jekster earlier, but she could be with him (or anywhere) right now. You could follow Kayk back and ask about what kinds of special liquors the Terrorscales have for special occasions. Or you could kick back and chill with the chilliest of all dragons, Hunny.

There’s still a more than hour before dinner. Who do you want to spend time with?

A: Serah and Cadmus, discussing alchemy, calculus and languages
B: Rae and Taranis, exploring the Terrorscale lair
C: Hunt for Dotti and Jekster
D: Follow Kayk back to the Kitchens
E: Chill with Hunny


You have gained favor with Salt.
>>
No. 1023330 ID: e51896

A. Serah and Cadmus. Time to get another nerd to loosen up.
>>
No. 1023331 ID: c92a02

Rae and Taranis!
>>
No. 1023333 ID: 629f2e

D or E would be nice. Haven't had Landi separate from the rest of the party for a while. I'mma say D.
>>
No. 1023336 ID: 1a3aae

C. We never turn down a dare, so we gotta get our favors done and over with. Talk to Dotti and get her favors done sooner rather than later.
>>
No. 1023337 ID: 96c896

>>1023336
Oh yeah that's right.
C.
>>
No. 1023361 ID: 8483cf
File 164477879654.png - (63.05KB , 461x495 , LF5 29.png )
1023361

You provided Serah a gift worthy of a dragon and you just solo’d a half-dragon; by all rights you’ve earned the right to take it easy the rest of the day. But at the same time, you never back down from a dare.

“I’m gonna go find Dotti and make sure she doesn’t, like, burn down the mountain or something,” you say. “Hey, Kayk! After they raided your cookie jar, where’d those goblins run off to?”

With Kayk’s direction, you get an idea of where Dotti and Jekster might be hiding with their treasure trove of truffles. While everyone else is getting dressed, you sigh and place your clothes in your inventory, because, again, you never back down from a dare. Thankfully your glowyness also keeps you warm.

There’s a certain excitement to flying around a dragon’s lair naked. It’s scandalous! Lewd! Shameless! And no one will know unless they’ve got some serious magic mojo. It’s your little secret.

This had better not awaken anything in you.

You eventually find the part of the lair Kayk told you about. It’s full of junk Jek’s collected in his travels that might actually be useful someday: nets, spears, the occasional oddly shaped relic of Tate Yempi. There in the corner of the cavern are Dotti and Jekster, munching on sweets and swapping stories. They’re sitting in the middle of some kind of bird-proof bunker with blankets tented over their heads.

“Dotti!” you call out. “Hey, you stu- uh, stupendous little fox, how are ya?”

Dotti gives you the most suspicious stink-eye you’ve ever seen her give. She puts one paw to her blue coat bow and the other to her pink hair bow.

“What do you want, Landi?”

“Nnnnnothing much,” you say. “Just here to offer to help you out a little. You seemed stressed earlier.”

“That’s a lie,” Dotti says.

“It’s not a lie, you f- uh, fox,” you hiss. How dare she accuse you of lying, that little liar! “I really am here to help you out. Serah and Rae have, uh, offered my services as resident awesome dragon-solo-ing fairy. For one day only, you get to have me as your contracting buddy! You get three favors and everything.”

“So I can ask you to do whatever I want?” Dotti grins. “Okay! For my first favor, you have to promise to never make fun of me again!”

“Hey!” you object. “You gotta follow the same rules I do when I’m asking favors. So if you want to order me to do something, it can’t last longer than 24 hours.”

“Then what good is it?” Dotti yaps. “You’re a horrible mean fairy and one day of being nice isn’t gonna change that. Your three favors are worse than garbage, ‘cause that’s tasty.”

“Now listen here Dotti, my favors are worth their weight in gold! I’ll have you know I am the awesomest and smartest and fiercest fairy here and I just took out a half-dragon all by myself with help from Genice! People would BEG to get three favors from me, they’re so valuable!”

“I don’t care about dragon taking outing,” Dotti says. “And before you offer to give me food, Kayk’s sweets are already delicious and I have lots of those. You just refused the one thing I really want, so what good are you?”

I dunno, what good ARE you to Dotti?
>>
No. 1023362 ID: c92a02

Four words: Mage hand. Heavy petting.
>>
No. 1023365 ID: 629f2e

Gonna go with Polt's idea and say we bring up how our magic was able to help cure Jek's amnesia that Dotti caused to prove our usefulness.
>>
No. 1023371 ID: e51896

You prove your worth and protect your fragile ego by reminding Dotti that if it weren't for you and your knowledge of magic, Jek would have still been suffering from amnesia after Dotti mind whammy'd him, so your totes useful and helpful to Dotti. In fact, she can use her favors to help her figure out how to do new magic stuff she might not know of yet (within your and her capabilities of course)

(forget Jekster is there to hear the whole thing)
>>
No. 1023385 ID: 8483cf
File 164479032768.png - (60.51KB , 540x540 , LF5 30.png )
1023385

You bristle at the direct hit to your ego.

“Now listen here, Curly,” you say, “I’ll have you know I’ve saved your three-tailed butt on more than one occasion, and it’s always been your own fault. Remember when you got surrounded by an entire guild of adventurers that wanted to kill you and I protected you with a contract? Or when you ate all your magic regenerating fruitcake and I saved my piece so you could get it back? Oh! How about the reason we’re even on this trip? If it wasn’t for me, Jek would never have gotten his memories back and he’d be wandering the countryside a total amnesiac, no thanks to you!”

“My dad?” Jekster stands up, worry in his eyes. “Is he okay? What happened?”

Oh, shit.

Dotti’s eyes go wide in shock. She quickly recovers and gives Jekster a big smile. “Nothing! Nothing happened.”

“Well, what’s that about my dad’s memories?” Jekster looks at Dotti, then you. “Landi, what did you mean?”

Ordinarily, you’d take this chance to throw Dotti under the bus. But here, that could be bad. Real bad.

“Uh…” you pause, considering your options, but there’s no dodging this issue. “Dotti had an accident with her mind magic or something, and Jek’s memories got wiped back in Minga. But everything’s fine now! I think. We fixed them! Mostly. Nothing to worry about. He’s fine. Just fiiiiiine.”

“How did it happen? What kind of accident? How bad was it? Dotti, what did you do?”

“She’s lying!” Dotti objects. “She’s trying to make me look bad. That’s not what happened. It’s not my fault. I didn’t do it!”

You want to explode. You are NOT lying and Dotti is a complete LYING LIAR. If you hadn’t gotten that improved mutagen from Serah, you’d be a complete ball of fiery anger and burning so hot even Dotti would wince.

“I am not lying,” you say, shutting your mouth as fast as possible to avoid saying anything that might make you fail your dare.

“So what did happen, then?” Jekster asks. “Dotti, this is my dad. Please, please tell me.”

Dotti looks to Jekster, and for a moment it looks like she’s going to double down. She glances at you, afraid you’re going to speak up, but for once in your life you’re focused on something more important than proving Dotti is a liar. If you fuck up, you will have failed a dare. And that’s horrible.

“I…” Dotti bites her claw. “I…”

Jekster looks at her with his big beady eyes, pleading for answers.

“I’m sorry, okay?!” Dotti says. “I’m really sorry! I did wipe his memories, but I only did it because I didn’t want him to make fun of me! I didn’t mean to break his brain or make him forget you or how to get home. I wouldn’t want anyone to wander around forever not knowing where their family is. That’s horrible and I’m really, really, really sorry.”

She sniffles a little and wipes her eyes. Jekster looks at her with an expression of sadness and confusion, but he doesn’t do anything else. Poor little guy. He really thought Dotti was his cute, harmless friend and now he’s gotta come to grips with reality.

“Is he going to be okay?” Jekster asks you after a minute of gripping reality.

“I think so,” you say. “He’s gonna have some tiny blank spots where his memories are glued back together, but he’ll make a full recovery is my guess. His aura was pretty good by the end of the trip.”

“That’s good,” Jekster says. “But, um, this is still bad. If Mom finds out ... Have you met Tanwen?”

“Yes,” you say. “She likes vengeance. A lot. She threatened to fight our bird. Also she’s nicknamed Gecko now.”

“Huh?” Jekster shakes his head, jingling his hat bells. “Ha! That’s a good joke. But… well, you know how seriously she takes our honor and defending the family. Well, so does Mom, but ten thousand times more than Tanwen. Where do you think she gets it from?”

“Landi,” Dotti whimpers, “I’m scared.”

You can’t really think of a response to that.

“Landi, for my first favor, please,” Dotti says, “Please, please help me. I don’t want to die again. I can’t. Not yet.”

How do you help Dotti?
>>
No. 1023388 ID: 96c896

>>1023385
Okay, we need to know more information. Can Jek calm her down if she gets mad? Would she be super interested in a fox spirit that learned compassion? Is she open to bribery?
>>
No. 1023389 ID: 629f2e

What Dotti needs is a shield. Something that will make it safe for her to take responsibility for her mistakes, without getting literally killed.

Basically what she needs is some support. If the rest of the Terrorscales can forgive Dotti and aren't supportive of Mama Terrorscale incinerating her, then she'll be far less likely to do so. You already have Jek on your side, so start with Jekster who just found out. Can the little guy forgive Dotti for what she's done? If he can, then they have a chance! A good follow-up would be talking to either Kayk or Hunny, as both seem rather chill. You can't necessarily expect them to remain that way about this info, and you definitely should be prepared to defend Dotti if it comes to it, but they seem like they can be won over.

Cadmus, we don't know. Gecko... Bring Jek with you when you want to talk to her. Or at LEAST bring Rae to play bodyguard.

There isn't really much you specifically can do besides stay by her side, and protect her if anyone reacts poorly to the news. Just don't be too hard on her, and try to be supportive. This is going to be hard enough without you ragging on her.

Besides, it's Dotti. She'll give you plenty of opportunities to make fun of her in the future. You can stand to miss a few. Wouldn't want to fail your dare, would you?
>>
No. 1023394 ID: e51896

>>1023389
Pretty much this.
>>
No. 1023400 ID: afe7de

>>1023389
Thirding, be emotional support, do not hide it like a secret, Also, you might not have noticed, but the dragon can literally hear everything you're doing sooooooooooo coming clean and asking for forgiveness without expecting it and providing emotional support to Dotti during this very rough time means that you can grow closer, and maybe just erase a little bit of that animosity betwixt the two of you.
>>
No. 1023412 ID: c92a02

We'll make a contract or something to appease the dragon if she's mad. Now, should everything go smoothly, Serah's honeyed tongue will already smooth this over for you.
>>
No. 1023525 ID: 18c754

It's a very manipulative thing to do, but you could refuse to count that as a favour. Saying something like 'Of course I'll help, you don't even need to ask me for that.' would be an easy way to earn quite a bit of good will with her.

Just, you know, smoothly neglect to mention that Serah would make you help anyway, and that dragon vengeance probably extends to the whole party, so it's also in your own best interest.
>>
No. 1023673 ID: 8483cf
File 164506720818.png - (32.50KB , 420x420 , LF5 31.png )
1023673

As much as you’d like to drain Dotti’s favors as fast as possible, saving her butt from being eaten/roasted/stomped by a dragon is the right thing to do. Not because she’s Dotti, but because she’s a member of the party. Also because, technically, the contract has a clause requiring Dotti to defend you and Serah from mortal peril. Which means it applies to you saving Dotti now too ‘cause of the dare. But Dotti’s a stupid, evil, lying fox spirit who doesn’t know you have to do that, so why not take advantage of it?

“Favor? Nah,” you say. “I’ll help you out anyway. You shouldn’t have to ask me to save your butt. Didn’t I just point out how many times I’ve done that already? It’s practically my daily routine now. Easy peasy, ‘specially now that I’ve had some AWESOME wine thank you Jekster.”

Dotti sniffles and oh sweet grainy table salt she’s gonna start crying and you do NOT need that. Thankfully she sees Jekster staring and pulls herself together.

“If Dad is really going to make a full recovery, then I don’t want you to get hurt, too, Dotti,” Jekster says. “But… I don’t know why you even hurt my dad in the first place. Why would he make fun of you? And why did you think it was okay to wipe his mind at all?”

“Hurting people isn’t always the right thing to do. I know that now,” Dotti says, “But I just wanted him to forget about how bad I screwed up. I didn’t want Serah to find out what I was doing, or she’d kick me out and I’d never see her again, or try to get the adventurers’ guild to gang up and kill me. Which she DID DO!”

“Hey, that was for protection,” you point out. Dotti huffs.

“What? I’m still confused,” Jekster says.

“Dotti was pretending to be a regular fox when we first met,” you say. “Serah wanted a pet. I called bullshit, but she threatened to eat me if I spilled the beans.”

Dotti grumbles, but nods her head in agreement.

“So then Serah and I went, uh, shopping,” you continue, “and Dotti apparently decided that being locked at home as a regular fox sucked so much that she was going to try and transform into a human.”

“Your dad was the closest adventurer,” Dotti says, “So I used my mind magic to force him to help me. I had him open the door outside, follow me to the clothes shop I saw Serah come out of, then order clothes using Serah’s money. Then we went back to the guild and I tried transforming, but I messed up and got stuck like this.” She points to herself. “I got so upset… and Jek looked so sorry for me and I hated it so much I made him forget everything and go away.”

“You did your first transformation without any help or guidance?” Jekster winces. “My siblings and I all had mom to help. You did it all by yourself. Dad knew it wasn’t going to end well.”

“He knew?” Dotti blinks. “Wait, your mom can help people transfor-“

“Wait!” you interrupt. “Dotti, your mind magic only worked back then when you had eye contact, right? There’s no way you held eye contact the whole trip from the guild and back. Why did you assume Jek was being forced to help you?”

“Um…” Dotti gets a confused look. “Because I’m really powerful?”

“Not so powerful you can brainwash Dad like that,” Jekster says. “You must have caught him off guard when you got upset and wiped his mind. Dotti, that was… that was really mean.”

“I know!” Dotti lets out a wail in her real, high-pitched fox voice. She quickly corrects herself to her illusion voice. “I know, okay! Stop making me feel bad!”

“Uh, Dotster, quick tip. You’re gonna want to feel really bad when you come clean to Mama T,” you say. “That’s normal for non-foxes. Just saying.”

Jekster bites his lip and nods. “Yeah. Dotti, if Dad is going to be okay, I’ll forgive you for this, but… what you did was very bad, and Mom will be super angry. I’m not sure I even how to defend you if Tanwen gets mad, much less Mom. Even Dad has a hard time calming her down if she has a good reason to be angry. No amount of fox puns will stop her.”

“We’re not asking you do,” you say. “But Dotti, we’re gonna want as many people on your side as possible. If we can get a 100% Dotti Forgiveness rating, we might have a shot.”

Dotti nods.

“Um, Tanwen will be basically impossible to convince,” Jekster says. “You’ve met Hunny. He probably will forgive you easily. Kayk might get upset, but if Dad comes downstairs and he’s fine, she could come around if Dotti presents herself well. Cadmus is curious and patient, but that means he takes a long time to make up his mind. He’ll take a while to convince, and he’ll want Dotti to prove she’s not, you know, evil. But Tanwen is not going to be on board at all.”

You have 33.33333333333333% DOTTI FORGIVENESS. Which Terrorscale will you visit next?

1. Jekesson: FORGIVEN
2. Jekster: FORGIVEN
3. Kayk: Making dinner (UNFORGIVEN)
4. Hunny: Chilling (UNFORGIVEN)
5. Tanwen/”Gecko”: Scrubbing her scales (UNFORGIVEN)
6. Cadmus: Studying with Serah (UNFORGIVEN)

>>
No. 1023677 ID: c92a02

Kayk.
>>
No. 1023678 ID: 629f2e

Hunny is a good pick since he's just chilling atm. Kayk would also work, but better to start with someone who isn't busy at all.
>>
No. 1023679 ID: 7b94e1

Cadmus. He said it'll take awhile to make up his mind. Best to do him sooner rather than later.
>>
No. 1023681 ID: 7b94e1

>>1023679
To add to my suggestion, Serah is there too, she can help us redeem Dotti.
>>
No. 1023690 ID: 96c896

Yeah go see Cadmus.
>>
No. 1023796 ID: 8483cf
File 164516579979.png - (109.48KB , 628x1062 , LF5 32.png )
1023796

“Let’s go visit Camus,” you say. “If he’s a slow, nerdy thinker, we gotta give him time to think slow, nerdy thoughts.”

“He’s patient and well-studied, yes” Jekster says.

“That’s what I said, yes.”

Jekster shrugs. “Okay, then. I’ll lead the way.”

You and Dotti follow Jekster up a winding staircase, ascending higher and higher into the lair. The funny thing is, all these tunnels so far have been human and lizardfolk-sized. Where does Mai hang out? Does she shrink herself down? Or is there a whole ‘nother section of the lair? Questions for later. In the meantime, you gotta try and save Dotti’s butt.

“Dotti, so here’s the strategy,” you say. “You go in and be cute. I’ll say you want to apologize for something, and then you tell Cadmus the same thing you told Jekster. Try not to be too obvious you’re looking for forgiveness, ‘cause if you ask for it, that makes it harder to get, if that makes any sense.”

“I guess,” Dotti says. “What if he hates me?”

“Then we move on and try again with someone else,” you say. “But don’t worry. Serah’s gonna help, and she’s real good at talking to fancy people and nerds, so she’ll be double good at talking to fancy nerds.”

The three of you arrive at an absolutely enormous study so big it’s practically a library. It’s full of books with boring stuff like calculus and math and history and alchemy. Some of the books are brand new, and some are so well-worn the spines are held together with twine and gum. There’s not a candle to be seen; instead, the light is provided by softly glowing gemstones. You kinda want one for yourself. Maybe it would make a nice glowy necklace?

“Dotti! Landi! There you are,” Serah calls out. “Cadmus, it’s my pleasure to introduce you to my companions.”

“Charmed,” Cadmus says. He’s a broad-shouldered guy with a heck of a jaw. “I must say, I did not expect to see a fox spirit traveling in such esteemed company, Lady Kensington. You must have quite a way with spirits.”

“We have an understanding,” Serah says. “She’s very well-behaved.”

“Uh, about that,” you clear your throat. “Mister Cadmus, my very well-behaved friend here has something she’d like to bring up. It’s about why we came here in the first place.”

Serah gives you both a nervous look, but she doesn’t stop you.

Dotti shuffles her feet and stares at the ground for a moment before launching into a hurried explanation of what she’d done to Jekesson, and why she’d done it, and how horribly sorry she is. You keep an eye on Cadmus as she rushes through her apology. He’s impassive, watching her closely, and occasionally looks to Jekster for some cue you can’t pick up on between siblings.

“… and I’m really sorry,” Dotti finishes. She wrings her paws. “If I could do it over again, I would. But I can’t. So I’m sorry.”

Cadmus looks her up and down. His eyes linger on her three tails, and his puts a claw to his maw in thought.

“The world is full of surprises, isn’t it?” he says. “Lady Kensignton, what do you make of things?”

“Of Dotti?” Serah chooses her words carefully. “I believe her when she says she’s sorry and she won’t do it again. She’s learned a great deal in the last few months. I am willing to speak to her honesty in this matter.”

“Your willingness to vouch for your charges is commendable,” Cadmus says. “However, I must draw my own conclusions.” He stands and walks toward you and Dotti.

“Landi, was it?” Cadmus asks. “I understand you are a fae of your word. If you would, please give me your frank assessment of Dotti’s character. Additionally, I would appreciate it if you and Dotti could provide meaningful evidence of her rehabilitation beyond her mere presence here.”

What do you say about Dotti? How do you prove she’s not evil?
>>
No. 1023799 ID: 629f2e

Let's be honest, it'll probably go over better than dancing around the truth.

Dotti is an annoying wild beast who you don't really like, but who has become less annoying, wild, and beastly over the period of time that you have been acquainted with her. She's still pretty terrible admittedly, just the worst person, but she is honest about her feelings of remorse and wanting to be better. And she has made efforts to be better, which shouldn't be ignored.

As for evidence, you can cite the fact that she was able to answer the question “If you were to regain your magic today, would you use it to cause harm in any way, shape or form to anyone in Minga, whether physical, financial or emotional?” with a firm no under enforcement of fairy contract. Like, you really tried your best to zap her with it like the liar you assumed she was, but she was legit.

You can also toss in a final jab about how she really needs to get better at resisting trash still. Just being honest!
>>
No. 1023800 ID: c92a02

She's a garbage eating fussy child who doesn't know right from wrong, but she doesn't intentionally do things that are wrong.
>>
No. 1023803 ID: 96c896

>>1023796
When you first met Dotti she was a selfish, fairy-assaulting, garbage-eating liar. Now she's less selfish, and hasn't lied or threatened to eat you in weeks. Can't seem to get her to stop eating garbage.

Meaningful evidence of her rehabilitation? Ask Dotti to show off her new magic. The kind that's powered by... uh, kindness or something.
>>
No. 1023805 ID: e51896

Talk about how you ordered Rae's bird to steal from Dotti, but she didn't do anything to harm you... despite being mad... oh yeah, apologize to Dotti for that, you're still under that dare to be nice to her and stuff.
>>
No. 1023882 ID: 8483cf
File 164524098358.png - (7.92KB , 565x242 , LF5 33.png )
1023882

Wow, really? He’s gonna ask you about Dotti while you gotta be polite to her, too? Serah had better appreciate just how seriously you’re taking these dares.

“An assessment of Dotti’s character, huh? Okay,” you say. “Uh, sorry ‘bout this in advance, Dotti.”

Dotti is very, very nervous.

“Dotti’s annoying. Like, the most annoying fox spirit in the world. She’s a selfish, lying little fuzzball that raids trash cans and stinks up the bedroom. She is the worst member of my party bar none. When I met her, she straight up tried to bap me to smithereens and threatened to eat me if I told Serah she’d just adopted a murderfox.”

Dotti hunches over and tries to make herself as small as possible.

“But you know what?” you say. “She hasn’t threatened me at all for months. And that’s not the contract’s fault, ‘cause it sure didn’t stop her from joking about chomping me. She’s pulling her weight and doing favors day in, day out, and she’s not even complaining. She’s actually trying to fit in, not just in the party, but around people, too. I think I actually heard her use the word ‘please’ at one point.

“The weird part is I think she means it. She promised not to hurt anybody in Minga if she got her magic back that day, and I was so sure she was lying I tried to zap her for it. But she wasn’t. Since then, she’s been trying hard to learn lots, like reading and manners and stuff.

“So basically, she’s the worst fox, but she’s not, like, trying to be a bad fox.”

“Interesting,” Cadmus says. “You say she doesn’t intend harm, correct?”

“Yeah.”

“I have found that it is easy to be kind in times of plenty,” Cadmus says. “Should Dotti’s contract terminate, what then? An adventuring party’s life is fraught with peril. Even if you fare well, your Lady could be recalled to her father’s side, taking you with her. Your elf friend could disappear. Dotti would be left with no one to trust. What would she do then? Would she still try to fit in with a society that does not trust her as you do?”

“I’m not saying I trust Dotti,” you say. “But I dunno. You’d have to ask her yourself.”

“I’m asking you,” Cadmus says. “In your opinion, if Dotti were to try and fit in to human society, how would she go about it?”

“Be an adventurer, I guess,” you say. “She’s good with fire and mind spells.”

“That is certainly one option,” Cadmus says. “If she is comfortable risking her life on a daily basis.”

Dotti whimpers. You remember what she said about dying.

“Well, uh,” you sputter, “She’d have to get a job.”

Cadmus waits in silence.

Shit, this guy. What is his problem? You’re not Dotti’s freakin’ life coach! Ugh!

What jobs would Dotti be best at if she had to get one?
>>
No. 1023885 ID: 79a059

Trash collector! no wait, an artist!
>>
No. 1023887 ID: c92a02

A therapist, or a bar maid.
>>
No. 1023888 ID: 094652

Therapy furry maid cafe waitress.

And you're not her master, so you're done etching out her life plans.
>>
No. 1023892 ID: 79a059

>>1023885
Gonna change my vote a little,
Currently you see her working as a maid since she's been doing a lot of favors for us like a maid very well, But you noticed she's been getting into artwork so maybe she could become an artist if she gets better and try's harder But she's got a long way ahead of her
>>
No. 1023953 ID: 2b2038

>>1023892
Pretty much this. Maids get paid pretty well
>>
No. 1023972 ID: 629f2e

If Dotti needed to get a job today, it would probably be in her best interest to get an apprenticeship. There's still a lot for her to learn, so it'd be healthy for her to have a mentor for a while. Right now she has Serah, Rae, and most importantly you. Going from that to independence can take a while, and even in the best of circumstances it can be a rocky road (they should know. Plenty of the Terrorscale kids you've met here are adults, yet it seems not all of them are ready to leave home).

As for what Dotti could actually do, there are a few options. She loves food, so maybe she could practice the culinary arts. It'd let her serve others, as well as herself (and might finally break her of her affinity for trash). Dotti would probably be more suited towards being a butcher, but she could probably learn a thing or two about baking from Kayk. Assuming they're still on good terms after you visit her later... If not her, there are probably plenty of people back in town she could talk to.

Since she has been trying to improve at drawing, art is something to consider. Now she definitely can't make a career of it right now, but it's something she could practice and improve at until it was a stable career choice.

How about teaching? Dotti's magic is pretty impressive. If she could study up a bit on the technical aspects of it, rather than going purely off of instinct, there are probably loads of people who would be interested in studying under her.

And yeah, like the people above have pointed out, she's been quite good at performing favors, so maid work would probably be an easy transition. Maybe not as a long-term career, I feel like Dotti would have greater aspirations than that/ But it would be a good job to take while trying to improve enough to do something else at least.

Okay one more: Dotti's good at understanding animals, so maybe she could become a wildlife expert? She could give advice to pet owners, adventurers dealing with wild beasts, wild beasts dealing with adventurers, etc. She knows best about how foxes work, but if she would be willing to spend some more time in nature she could learn more about the behaviors of other creatures. More than she already does, I assume most of her experience is biased from being a fox.
>>
No. 1024005 ID: 8483cf
File 164530588357.png - (82.11KB , 648x455 , LF5 34.png )
1024005

“Look, even if Dotti had to get a job, like, right now, she’d still be fine, okay?” you say. “She’s not gonna need to mind control people to get what she needs. She can talk with illusion magic, and she’s got a good idea how to get people to like her.

“She’s been waiting on me hand and wing for months, so I guess she could be a maid if she wanted to keep doing favors for people. But she likes food, too, so, like, a food maid? Oh, yeah, a waitress! That’d be a good job for her to learn how people talk and stuff, and how to deal with jerks without erasing their memories and stuff. Plus she’d get to be around tasty treats all day and eat leftovers, assuming she doesn’t get fired.”

Dotti’s eyes sparkle at the idea of being paid to eat trash.

“And there are plenty of other jobs she could do, too. If she transformed into a super buff fox person, she could chop up meats and be a butcher, she knows how to rip apart animals pretty good. Or even be an artist once she gets better. Don’t look at me like that, Dotti, you should totally spend more time drawing, it would give you something to do other than read and do favors and eat.”

“I see,” Cadmus says, and he takes a big deep breath from his opens his big toothy mouth to ask another question and you are just not having it.

“Hey, this isn’t very fair to Dotti,” you interrupt. “Why not let her answer these questions herself? I’m not her master. I can’t tell her what jobs to take. Serah might be able to boss Dotti around, I dunno. She is the Lady here.”

“I am, yes,” Serah says, rubbing her arm. “Dotti is sworn to me by Landi’s contract, but she has not been sworn to House Kensington proper. I am not her Lady in the traditional sense. No noble house that I’m aware of has ever accepted an oath of fealty from a fox spirit. But then, no fox spirit has ever offered an oath, either.”

“Oath of fealty?” Dotti asks. “What’s that?”

“It’s very serious,” Serah says. “You’d swear services to me and my house, and in return I’d be responsible for your actions and your well-being.”

“Don’t we do that already?” Dotti asks.

“Well, yes,” Serah says, “But this is far more serious. There’s a ceremony, and my father would have to be involved. You’d be given rights, titles and obligations, and be forced into the political scene. I don’t think you’d want that.”

Cadmus watches the conversation intently. He strokes his jaw and looks to the bookshelves, focusing on the section labeled Lives of Nobility.

“This has all been fascinating,” he says. “I will consider everything that has been said, but for now I must do research. You are welcome to stay, of course, but I expect you have more pressing concerns.”

“Of course,” Serah says, standing up and giving a small curtsy. “Thank you, Cadmus.”

Dotti looks like she wants to say something, but she keeps her illusory mouth shut. You, Serah, Jekster and Dotti head down the stairs and leave Cadmus to his books.

“Does that mean he forgives me?” Dotti asks Jekster quietly.

“He didn’t say no,” Jekster says. “He only makes decisions after thinking carefully. I think he’ll want to sleep on it.”

“Just leave it, Dotti,” you say. “Let’s go talk to someone else.”

You have 33.4% DOTTI FORGIVENESS. Which Terrorscale will you visit next?

1. Jekesson: FORGIVEN
2. Jekster: FORGIVEN
3. Kayk: Making dinner (UNFORGIVEN)
4. Hunny: Mooching early dinner (UNFORGIVEN)
5. Tanwen/Gecko: Looking for Raelynn (UNFORGIVEN)
6. Cadmus: Studying history (????)

>>
No. 1024006 ID: c92a02

Kayak.
>>
No. 1024008 ID: 96c896

Let's distract Hunny from his mooching.
>>
No. 1024010 ID: 629f2e

Looks like Hunny and Kayk may be together, so how about you hit them both up? Besides, your only other option is Gecko, and that one's guaranteed to go poorly. Take a possible win while you can.
>>
No. 1024012 ID: e51896

We'll probably going to need wait until Jek is done with his "business" with his wife for him to be here to calm Kayk before we talk to Kayk, plus she is busy.

4. He's not doing anything. best to get his forgiveness before he goes to sleep.
>>
No. 1024022 ID: e51896

Oh yeah, and to help Jekster get better with his jokes, make sure you greet Hunny by sayin "HUNNY, WE'RE HOME!"
>>
No. 1024094 ID: 8483cf
File 164534658169.png - (69.29KB , 583x842 , LF5 35.png )
1024094

“Let’s go find Hunny,” you say.

“Good choice,” Jekster nods. “It’s a time ending in o’ clock, so Hunny’s hungry. Let’s go check the kitchens.”

“You got good material, kid,” you say. “Hey, have you considered saying ‘Hunny, I’m home!’ when you meet him?”

“Yeah. It got old after the fiftieth time and Tanwen put me in a headlock until I promised to never say it again.”

“Ouch. Tough crowd.”

The four of you enter the kitchen and find one very angry Kayk standing between Hunny and a beautifully arranged charcuterie of fruits, meats and cheeses. Hunny is reaching over her head with his oversized claw trying to reach the cheeses, but she swats him away.

“These are for the guests!” she snarls.

“That’s us!” you chime in.

Kayk jumps a foot in the air and whirls to face you. She’s probably blushing but you can’t really tell with her color.

Hunny spears some cheese and smacks his lips. “Mmm. Good stuff, Kayk. Thanks.”

Kayk pushes him away from the food and gives you all a smile.

“Is this a bad time?” Serah asks. “Are you two busy with dinner?”

“No,” Kayk says, scooting between Hunny and the food.

“You should totally ask her for pudding,” Hunny recommends. “It’s really good.”

“I’m sure it is,” Serah says. “Actually, we’re here for something more important. Would you both like to sit down? This might take a few minutes, so I understand if you need to attend to dinner.”

Kayk gives a worried look, but she sits down on a stool. Hunny slouches against a wall, and Serah gestures to Dotti.

Dotti steps up, shuffles her feet and once again lays out what she did. By the end of it, Kayk is scratching her scales and staring at Dotti with an intense glare.

“Will he be okay?” Kayk says, eyes narrow, voice tinged with worry. Her tail is curled, and her lips are pulled back in a barely controlled snarl.

“Dad looked okay when I met him earlier,” Jekster says.

“There you go,” Hunny says. “Jekster says he’s fine, so he’s fine. There’s just gonna be teeny little gaps in his memory, and maybe those’ll go away too.”

Kayk doesn’t hold back her anger this time, and she lets out a full-throated snarl at Hunny. “You… you… lazy idiot! What if Dad can’t remember any of the time we spent with him? We barely see him as it is. I don’t want to lose any of it!”

Dotti shrinks back. Kayk seems to be reserving her anger for Hunny, but she has a good reason to be upset with Dotti.

“Mom’ll take care of it,” Hunny says. “Kayk, it’s no big deal. He’s safe and sound and home. What more do you want?”


Do you:
A: Try and calm Kayk down yourself
B: Suggest Dotti say something to calm Kayk down
C: Scold Hunny
D: All of the above

>>
No. 1024096 ID: 094652

>>1024094
C - "Are you angry because you believe your memories with your family are precious, or are you projecting your anger at not being able to spend more time with your father on someone who accidentally erased a little of what you did have? Because most people don't remember every second of every day in their lives."
>>
No. 1024098 ID: c92a02

All of the above!
>>
No. 1024099 ID: 96c896

>>1024094
A: tell her he remembers stuff like that for sure. He was talking about his family on the trip over.
>>
No. 1024102 ID: 629f2e

A, It's not ideal, but it's thankfully not as bad as it sounds. Nobody's memory is perfect, we all have gaps in our less important ones. Like how you might forget what you had for breakfast the day after your sixth birthday. Jek still remembers each of his kids, and the love he has for them. And you still have the memories you spent with him that were precious to you. If you want to be sure he remembers all of the important parts though, you could just talk to him about it. You may help him fill gaps left by the wipe, or caused by time.
>>
No. 1024123 ID: 8483cf
File 164539009395.png - (87.94KB , 457x356 , LF5 36.png )
1024123

“Uh, Kayk?” you say. “For what it’s worth, your dad was talking about you guys on the way back. He remembers everything about your mom, too. Everybody’s got gaps in their memory, but your dad loves you guys a lot and it’s pretty good odds that he’s only forgotten, like, what color he agreed to paint the bathrooms or something.”

“Yeah, Kayk,” Hunny says. “I forgot whatever it was you wanted me to do this morning, and you’re not freaking out over that.”

“It was to clean the dining room,” Kayk says.

“Oh, yeah, that. It looks pretty clean, didn’t need-“

“Because I did it for you.”

“Thanks, Kayk! You’re a great sister.”

Kayk puts a claw to her forehead. You honestly can’t tell if Hunny is messing with her, reinforcing his point, being genuinely stupid, or all three.

“Please just give me a moment,” Kayk says.

Dotti raises her paw as if she wants to speak, but Serah motions to keep her hand down.

“We’ll keep Hunny company until dinner,” Serah says. “But if you don’t feel up to serving, we have leftover provisions.”

Kayk shakes her head firmly. Looks like dinner will be served, but maybe Dotti will get smaller portions than the rest of the group. With that, you all leave Kayk to stew in the kitchen. It doesn’t look like she’s forgiven Dotti, but maybe she’ll come around when Jek gets a chance to talk to her tomorrow. The kitchen door closes behind the five of you.

“So Jekster,” Hunny says with a shrug of his shoulders. “How long do you think ‘til Tanwen finds out about this?”

“Oh. Oh yeah.” Jekster crosses his tiny little arms. “Kay will probably tell her the moment she sees her. Should be beat her to it? I don’t want her to hurt our guests.”

“Sounds good,” Hunny says. “Fighting ruins food.”

“I’d prefer not to fight at all,” Serah says. “Hunny, can we talk about what might happen if Tanwen does attack Dotti?”

“I can slow her down, but I can’t stop her,” Hunny says. “If she transforms, that’ll be a pain. I really don’t want to deal with that. She knows I’m stronger than her if I transform too, but I don’t think she’d care.”

“Mom won’t like it if we wreck the dining room,” Jekster says. “Maybe if you fight in the war room…”

“How large would Tanwen get?” Serah asks, curious. “Maybe if we plan it out…”

Serah, Jekster and Hunny start estimating the relative sizes of their true forms and where it might be best to break the news to Tanwen. You and Dotti, meanwhile, are left to your own devices.

“I hate this,” Dotti says. “Landi, I want this to be over with. I just want to go back to Minga.”

“It sucks,” you agree. “If it’s any consolation, I’ve totally been an awful person before, and it sucked fixing things then too.”

“Hmf.” Dotti looks at you strangely. “Well, since you said the first favor didn’t count, I want to use one now. It would kind of make me feel better if you told me something you’d have to ask Serah for forgiveness for, too.”

“Uh,” you pause. “Well, okay, but don’t just blurt it out, okay?”

Dotti’s eyes glimmer.

“When I first met Serah,” you say quietly, “I kind of contracted with her for all the wrong reasons. I wanted money, a fluffy bed, a fancy adventurer to show off to my friends, all that jazz. She was basically a fashion accessory to me and I regret thinking like that. Plus, I still haven’t solved the problem where there’s a very powerful wind djinn coming after us because I have her lucky panties. I got some ‘splainin to do there.”

“Lucky panties?” Dotti asks.

“Yeah. Super lucky. They’re enchanted with magic so powerful it makes my teeth buzz, and-“

“As my second favor, you have to give me those panties!”

Oh dear. If you give Dotti the panties, there’s no telling what might happen. But if you refuse, you’ll fail the dare, or you’d have to let Dotti “zap” you for breaking the contract.

What do you do?
A. Give Dotti the Lucky Panties
B. Refuse, and let Dotti “zap” you for refusing a favor, but you technically haven’t failed your dare
C. Refuse, and fail the dare, but Dotti won’t zap you
D. Convince Dotti to use her favor on something else
E. Other

>>
No. 1024126 ID: 629f2e

A, You can use a favor to get them back later when the dare is over. Plus, Dotti could really use some luck right now.
>>
No. 1024128 ID: e51896

E. Give it to her, buuuut, ask if she is sure after alerting her if the djinn you stole it from saw Dotti wearing it, she might be the one taking the blame instead of you, and if she would be willing to carry that burden.

Also, because it's polka-dotted like the rest of her outfit, it will fit her.

Dont let her know this now, but you'll use your favor later to get it back. If you tell her this now, she might make her 3rd favor be that you wont ever get it back. Shhhh.
>>
No. 1024140 ID: 96c896

>>1024123
A. Let's see what these babies can do. She's probably going to have to fight Tanwen, which means she could use the extra protection. I mean, you beat her, and Dotti is stronger than you, but still.
>>
No. 1024195 ID: c92a02

A. A favor to get them back later... Good idea.
>>
No. 1024232 ID: 8483cf
File 164549049534.png - (30.62KB , 538x282 , LF5 37.png )
1024232

Common sense says “do not give a fox spirit a massively powerful good luck charm.” That’s, like, asking for disaster. But hey, you’re a disaster professional. There are such things as good disasters.

From what you remember learning in Fairy College, luck is broadly defined as the intersection between preparation and opportunity. For example, it’s incredibly unlikely you’ll catch any fish by going to a lake, holding out your hand and waiting for a fish to jump into it. But if you stand next to a spawning run and try to catch a fish that’s leaping through the air, suddenly it’s not so unlikely.

Luck spells tip the scales on the “opportunity” side of the equation. So if you have a really powerful luck spell and you want to catch fish, there will be a lot more opportunities for you to successfully do so, as long as you put yourself in the position to take advantage of those opportunities. But if luck = amount of preparation times odds of opportunity, zero times infinity is still zero. If something is physically impossible to happen, luck spells don’t work. That’s their biggest weakness, and the best counter to a luck user.

A luck fighter will try and pick unstable terrain, use randomness whenever they can, and try to eliminate or reduce any preparation their opponents may have. Sometimes luck is just their opponent’s training being exactly the wrong thing to do; it’s why left-handed fighters are great users of luck magic. It’s also why fox spirits are so dangerous if they get their hands on luck spells; their tricks and traps have much better odds of working.

Fairy academia is split on why luck works the way it does. Some of your profs said luck magic was just a weaker, knockoff form of fate magic that the gods and goddesses use. Other profs said it was an application of multiverse theory. One even said luck spells were divine bribery, a kind of contract that guaranteed favorable outcomes in exchange for the price paid to cast the spell.

One thing is for certain, though: overuse of good luck spells always ends in the user “snapping back” to their original luck, usually by a string of incredibly bad luck, sometimes fatal. If your good luck spell wears off, stay away from pianos being lifted into buildings.

“Dotti, listen,” you say. “You gotta be careful with good luck spells, okay? They’re not a toy. And if I give you these lucky panties, I’m not sure if their owner will know they’re being used. You might attract the attention of a really powerful, really angry djinn.”

“I need all the luck I can get right now,” Dotti says forcefully. “Future problems are future Dotti’s problem.”

“Is this going to be another fruitcake situation?” you ask.

“This is different,” Dotti says. “That was delicious fruitcake. This is life or death. Future Dotti can’t deal with Future Dotti problems if Future Dotti is dead.”

“Fair enough,” you say. You reach for the deepest corner of your inventory magic and produce the Lucky Panties. “Just be careful with these. Don’t overuse it. It’s a good luck spell, not a ‘everyone will love you’ spell. You have to work to get the results you want.”

“Yeah, yeah!” Dotti says. She snatches the panties and clutches them eagerly, playing with the sapphires on the strings. “They’re so dotty... I gotta put ‘em on right now!”

“What have I done?” you wonder as Dotti disappears around the corner to the guest bathrooms.

“Landi! Where’s Dotti going?” Serah asks.

“She’s, uh, equipping some new gear,” you say. “In the little foxes’ room.”

“She shouldn’t run away like that. What if Tanwen catches her?” Jekster says.

“That would be very unlucky,” you say. “But I have a feeling luck isn’t going to be a problem for Dotti.”

“New gear? Luck?” you can see the gears turning in Serah’s head. “Landi, you didn’t give her what I’m thinking of, did you?”

“I did, yes,” you sigh. “It seemed like a good idea at the time.”

“I hope it was,” Serah says. “Landi, while you were talking with Dotti, Jekster and Hunny and I came up with a few options to try and get Tanwen to stand down. Some are riskier than others, though. Tanwen is going to demand combat to protect her family’s honor, but we can stop her if we have enough protection. What do you think?”

The options are, from least dangerous to Dotti to most dangerous:

A: Wait until tomorrow to tell Tanwen, and make sure Raelynn, Hunny and Jekesson are all there to protect Dotti. Almost impossible for Tanwen to forgive Dotti/tell Mom not to roast Dotti because Jekesson will not allow combat to happen.
B: Tell Tanwen today, and make sure Raelynn and Hunny are there to protect Dotti while you try to settle the matter diplomatically. Very unlikely to settle the matter because Tanwen will see 3-on-1 odds as dishonorable, but at least Tanwen will be able to sleep on it. She won’t try and kill Dotti in her sleep; she’s too honorable.
C: Tell Tanwen today, but have her spar with Raelynn first to tire her out. Hunny will be able to protect Dotti at full strength, but Raelynn will be tired.
D: Tell Tanwen today, and offer to have Dotti fight her one-on-one in an area too small to transform into Tanwen’s true form.
E: Tell Tanwen today, and offer to have Dotti fight her one-on-one in a large arena. Highest odds of settling Tanwen’s grievances, but highest risk to Dotti.

>>
No. 1024236 ID: c92a02

C.
>>
No. 1024238 ID: 629f2e

C seems like the best way to go. Raelynn can definitely exhaust her, she's a great fighter, and a tired drake should be managable for Dotti. At least with Hunny there to watch over her, she should be fine.

Just to be safe though, you may want to load her up with equipment. Definitely feed her some Mage Armor and Strength potions in advance (maybe spare a Strength for Hunny as well, really weigh things in your advantage) and let Dotti hold onto a few healing potions. If you want to be tricky, Landi could hide somewhere on Dotti's person to keep a full inventory at hand, ready to give Dotti anything she may need.

Maybe don't mention all of this preparation to Gecko, she'll be less steamed about it if you manage to get away with it.

Her transformation is scary though, so all of this set-up may be better for D, especially keeping Landi at hand to whoop Gecko's butt if things take a turn for the worst. Consider this a vote for both options if Landi is up for playing the support role.
>>
No. 1024253 ID: 96c896

Either C or D.
>>
No. 1024264 ID: afe7de

C, luck is just luck, it can help *tip* the scales, but machinations to make the situation more favorable will almost always help you in the end. And then the luck just helps make sure it works.
>>
No. 1024288 ID: 8483cf
File 164557884695.png - (22.21KB , 630x817 , LF5 38.png )
1024288

The four of you decide it’s best to prepare for options C and D: have Raelynn tire Tanwen out before Dotti fights her, and if there is a fight, have it in an area too small for her to transform.

“I think we can convince her to hold back just a little bit, if it means she can go all-out,” Jekster says. “Like, maybe she fights unarmed if Raelynn and Serah promise not to intervene.”

“Oh, good idea,” Hunny agrees. “Like, she can fight harder if she knows she’s not gonna get ganked from behind.”

“She’d still have her arm blades and tail,” Serah says. “Those are nasty.”

“The blades didn’t look like regular scales,” you say. “And Hunny and Jekster don’t have them.”

“Yeah, mom helped us pick armor add-ons for these forms,” Hunny says. “I don’t like blades ‘n armor plating. They’re a pain to sleep in.” Hunny says. “Tanwen and Cadmus are the only ones who added those platings on areas aside from our tail tips.”

“I love the card theme,” you say.

“You said it was armor plating on top of scales?” Serah thinks for a moment. “Landi, I have a bomb that dissolves armor. It doesn’t work on claws or scales, but I think it might help against Tanwen’s blades.”

“And if Dotti’s lucky, her bikini armor too!” you laugh.

“Ew.” Jekster sticks out his tongue.

“What’s the big deal? Your brothers and sisters are literally not wearing pants.”

“Yeah, but they expect to be not wearing pants,” Jekster says.

Hunny nods. “Yeah. If you’re going to be taking Tanwen’s armor off, I’m not gonna be fighting my sister until she calms her tits. That would be super awkward.”

“What the fuck are they talking about?” you ask Serah. She shrugs. Guess lizard-dragon anatomy wasn’t covered in Nobility 101.

CHOOSE YOUR STRATEGIES.

The more you load up on diplomacy, buffs and teammates willing to step in and stop the fight, the more Tanwen might feel cheated of her chance to reclaim her family’s honor.

Potential Fight-Stoppers
Raelynn: Will be tired.
Hunny: Won’t step in to defend Dotti if you use the solvent bomb.
Serah: Will get hurt if she has to step in and defend Dotti.
Landi: Can join fight from start because contract buddies, but might get roasted early in fight because Tanwen will not want to take chances.

Diplomacy Options

-Convince Tanwen to let mom handle things, since she’ll want to deliver justice personally.
-Other options to avoid combat.

OR, if combat is something you want to do:

-Fight in an arena too small to transform.
-Fight with only her claws, arm-blades, diamond tail blade, and dragonfire.
-Allow Landi to support Dotti, if Landi is okay getting roasted and/or sliced.
-Fight until Dotti is no longer physically able to fight, instead of to the death. Tanwen will likely pass off any lethal or near-lethal wounds as mere accidents.
-Other reasonable limitations on combat, as long as she has a chance to seriously harm Dotti.

Dotti Stats
HP: 3
Strength: 1/2
Dexterity: 1/5
Fire Magic: 4/8
Mind Magic: 2/5
Illusion Magic: 3/5
Mana Efficiency: 2/4
Compassion: 1/1
Spiritual Magic: 0/2

Dotti Buffs (Choose too many, and it will be super obvious the dice are loaded)
Bombs: 1x Solvent, 1x Fire, 1x Flashbang, 1x Smoke
Potions: 3x Healing, 2x Mage Armor, 2x Strength, 1x Invisibility (Failed); Jekster can also raid the Lair for more mana potions
Elixirs: 2x Healing, 2x Strength
Oils: Coating of Flame
Equipment: Lucky Panties
Jerky: Awesome magical jerky from weird wizard

Dotti Skills
Fire Magic: Large AoE with moderate damage, or single-target for high damage.
Mind Magic: Charm on eye contact, stun on break. Strong minds can resist.
Illusion Magic: Odds of seeing through illusions increase as target gets closer.
Novice pickpocket (only works on the overly trusting; bonus to stealing jerky treats)
Can throw bombs with no chance of dropping them at her feet

Landi Spells
Inventory: Can hold up to 87 lb./ 39.4 kg.
Calamitous Cacophony: A blinding display of glowyness. Can also deafen for extra dust cost.
Portal: Tunnel through space-time to a location within 50 feet. Visibility or reasonable assumption of distance required; accuracy reduced if not able to see target. Currently limited to nonmagical, inanimate objects. Alchemical products are considered nonmagical. Portal entrances and exits cannot terminate within objects or creatures, but can open and close in midair.
Godmother’s Blessing: Increases defense of armor based on amount of dust used.
Godmother’s Makeover: Transforms outfit of one willing target into something more stylish. Duration depends on dust used.
Genice: Summon Genice to either make an area slick and icy, launch icicles at people, or summon a small icy vortex the size of a person, or superchill a tiny target.
Salt's Favor: Change earth to quicksand once per day.
>>
No. 1024325 ID: 9b127b

I want Dotti to solvent bomb Gecko's armor

Landi can help and taunt (she needs to help Dotti and win that dare)
Raelynn as fight stopper
>>
No. 1024341 ID: 629f2e

We should try to not have this fight if we can avoid it. The fight is still totally going to happen, almost certainly, but we gotta at least give it the old college try at least. If nothing else, it may make her less aggressive in the fight at least.

Since this is about honor, and not letting a crime against the Terrorscale family to go unpunished, let's try to convince Tanwen that Dotti has done all she can to receive penance for her acts. The immediate consequence she had to face was the loss of her magic, which has only returned to her after working to right the wrongs she committed. Dotti did everything she could to help Jek recover, including escorting him back to his familiar home, and she succeeded at bringing back most of his memories. This is the most important point to push: Dotti wronged Jek, and has tried to make up for it by helping Jek. As a final point to mention however, you can bring up Dotti's growth of character and the improvement she's demonstrated since that terrible mistake, and citing that she would never have done this as she is now.

So when that inevitably fails, it's time to make a more pressing point: Dotti isn't really a fighter. Her magic may be strong, but she's never really had to fight head-on-head with someone, and once she's out of mana she has no weapon experience to rely on. You would have to give her a lot to make it anywhere near a fair fight, and if Tanwen really wants to fight Serah's charge, then she'd better be willing to make those concessions.

First off: No weapons, and pick an arena to small for Tanwen to transform. They will not fight to the death, if Tanwen kills Dotti then she will break the oath she'll make before combat not to do so and bring tremendous shame to her entire family. The fight ends when one of them can no longer fight back, or if Serah steps in to protect Dotti (Landi should stay perched on Serah's shoulders in case she needs to step in, prepared to cast Calamitous Cacophony as a distraction to ensure Tanwen can't get in a final slice at anyone).

Finally, Dotti gets to bring in 3 potions, and 3 bombs. She can drink as many potions as she wants beforehand, but you don't have too many buffs she can load up on in advance. It may seem a little unfair that Dotti gets to bring in equipment when Tanwen doesn't, but remind her that Dotti's combat experience mostly involves panicking, hiding, and throwing bombs to make people go away. You're making it at least somewhat fair by telling Tanwen in advance how much equipment Dotti has, so that she knows vaguely how much her opponent can do. If Tanwen doesn't find this fair, talk her down to either two bombs, only health and mana potions, or Tanwen getting to know exactly what equipment Dotti comes in with.

The potions Dotti should take are one Health Potion, one Mana Potion, and one additional Mage Armor Potions (to supplement the one she'll take before combat begins).

The bombs Dotti should take are one Solvent Bomb, one Flashbang, and one Smoke Bomb

Before the fight begins, have Dotti take a Mage Armor Potion (and maybe a Strength Elixir if she can't hold all this junk otherwise). You could also get Landi to cast Godmother's Blessing on her dress. As a final favor, Dotti could ask Landi to cast it on her bow as well, since she'd obviously be too sad to continue fighting if something happened to it.

With all that set up, it's time for strategy. Don't open with the Solvent Bomb, the Glue Bomb may make her wary of it, but try to use it early when an opportunity presents itself (hopefully you'll get Lucky and such a point will appear). The Smoke Bomb will be especially good for creating an attack opportunity, so be sure you have a good attack ready to go when you use it, and the Flashbang's blinding power would be best used to make her lose sight of you at a critical time. You could do it when she's charging a breath attack, or possibly set yourself up so that the moment she gets her vision back the first thing she sees are your eyes, as you hit her with some strong Mind Magic to hinder her.

The Health Potion is obvious, same with Mana, and be sure to chug that Mage Armor as soon as your first instance runs out.

Your main weapon in this fight will be your Fire Magic, so fingers crossed that dragon heritage doesn't grant a natural immunity to fire. If it does, the tip of her tail is a weak spot you should aim for, as well as sending fire down her mouth to mix with her own flames and give her some heartburn. Obviously single target high damage is what you want, but if she's too good at dodging you may have to rely on some AOE just to get any damage in. Hopefully the exhaustion dulls her Dexterity a tad.

If you run out of mana and mana potions, you're probably screwed. Give Serah some indication that you have nothing left to throw at her and are probably about to get your ass kicked, so that she steps in earlier than she otherwise might. Your main weapons at that point will be biting and scratching, so just remember this important rule: Aim for the sensitive tail. If you can hurt her by biting her elsewhere though, go for it.

Even with all of this, I don't know if Dotti will win. It's probably going to come down to a few things, like how tired Tanwen is after her fight with Rae, how effective Dotti's magic is against her, and how lucky those panties are. What's most important isn't winning, but giving your all. No matter what happens, win or lose, Tanwen won't have a right to hold a grudge after this. And with that, all of the Terrorscales will be on your side for tomorrow.

Except Cadmus, but logic will come around to him, you're sure of it.

...And Kayk, but Jek will convince her, you're sure of it.

......And frankly Mama Terrorscale could just eat you anyways- Hey y'know what, why don't we focus on the angry scalie we're dealing with now instead of the ones waiting in the future, m'kay?
>>
No. 1024342 ID: 3ecca3

P.S.: Jekster and Hunny forgot to tell you this since it was so obvious to them, but Tanwen and the Terrorscale family (except Jekesson) are immune to non-demonic (divine-based) fire. Jekesson is 9/10ths immune because dragon wife.
>>
No. 1024343 ID: e51896

>>1024341
Pretty much this.

Let Tanwen know too that Dotti knows about family honor to an extent with Petra, and she is trying to maintain that honor by searching for her ever since she lost her after she died trying to protect her, and she wants to restore that honor

It might not work, but at least she'll have an understanding on family honor at least enough to not fight to the death.

Tho if Tanwen starts badmouthing Petra in front of Dotti, or insulting Dotti for not being strong enough to protect Petra thus defiling her own honor for Petra, we might have one angry Fox spirit that might not hold back against Tanwen...

Try to resist calling her Gecko during our attempts at Diplomacy.
>>
No. 1024386 ID: 96c896

Dotti doesn't have a good offensive option aside from fire, so it's probably not a good idea for her to fight Tanwen. Not unless she can figure out how to shapeshift big claws before the fight.

So let's try diplomacy first, and see if she'll agree to let her Mom decide punishment.
>>
No. 1024389 ID: 629f2e

>>1024341

Addendum to make a few corrections and alterations:

Fire Magic obviously isn't the play, given that Tanwen is immune. Besides that, Dotti's fire magic drains mana VERY quickly, so she'd be left without options pretty quickly if Tanwen survived the few blasts she could toss out.

So Dotti's main weapon here is going to have to be her Mind Magic. If she can charm Tanwen into submitting, then the battle is over. Unfortunately, that's going to be pretty tough. Strong minds can resist her magic, and Tanwen's got a lot of anger that'll probably get in the way of Dotti's "directly opposed to her goals" request. It won't be as simple as just making eye contact, Dotti is going to have to be strategic still.

Dotti should employ two strategies to boost her odds of success. The first is chipping away at Tanwen's mental barriers. Instead of charming her to submit, charm her to drop some of her anger piece by piece. Charm her to think more highly of Dotti's character growth, or attempts to redeem herself in the eyes of the Terrorscales, all while diminishing the reasons she's actually angry at the fox spirit.

The second strategy will be to let Tanwen naturally blow off steam by fighting. The more attacks she throws out and the more hits she gets in, the less pissed off she'll be. Ironically, taking hits only puts you in a better place to finish her off. Still, that's a bit too risky given that you're small and easy to hurt, so don't let her get any freebies. Eventually, sparring with Raelynn and trying to crush you will take a toll on her, and she'll end up getting tired.

Now eventually, especially with the first strategy, Tanwen will catch onto what you're doing. You're going to have to be strategic to make eye contact at that point. Your bombs will be very helpful for that, Flashbang and Smoke especially. If Tanwen can't see where you are, she's going to have to look around. Position yourself just right, and her eyes will meet yours before she realizes it.

Right after an attack would also be a good time to slip in a Charm, when she looks to see either the results of her blow or where you slipped off to in the event of a miss.

Don't be afraid to actually attack if she gets close to you, distance will be your friend thanks to her superior strength. The tip of her tail is still a good weak spot, and if she has you pinned down then do whatever you have to to loosen her grip. Bite her hand, throw dirt in her eyes, and if it comes down to it don't be afraid to transform into a regular fox to make a quick escape. Obviously save that for a last resort though, she probably won't afford you the chance to change back, especially if you're low on mana and need to chug a potion first.

If you play your cards right, you can win. Your magic can overpower her will if you're clever about how you use it. Be careful. You don't have as many options when she's close, and she's going to want to get close to beat you down with her own hands. If you ration out your resources appropriately though, and get in charms wherever you can, you have a solid chance to win this fight.
>>
No. 1024817 ID: 8483cf
File 164592861587.png - (100.49KB , 883x691 , LF5 39.png )
1024817

“We have to try everything to avoid a fight,” Serah says, “But…”

“But?” you ask.

“But if Dotti does fight… that puts Mai Terrorscale in a very bad position,” Serah says softly. “If Tanwen fights Dotti in the name of family honor, Mai herself might not get a second bite at the apple. It would make her look very bad if she tried, especially if Dotti loses to Tanwen.”

“I’m confused. Does that mean you want Dotti to lose?”

“No!” Serah says. “If Dotti loses, Tanwen might try and get a cheap shot in. Dotti will have to try hard to get out of this uninjured. It’s… it’s really risky.”

“Dotti! It’s Dotti!” Jekster points down the hall. “Wait, is that Raelynn, too?”

“Did Dotti just run into Raelynn on her way back?” Serah asks. “That’s very lucky.”

“No need to thank me,” you say. “C’mon, let’s give Rae the plan.”

Rae isn’t the biggest fan of the plan, but as you lay it out for her, she agrees to do her part. She also agrees to step in and try to stop the fight if it looks like Tanwen is pushing things too far. A well-placed dulled arrowhead should be enough to distract her from a kill shot, and then that theoretically buys the rest of the team time to rush in.

“Tanwen is probably looking for you around the training room,” Hunny says. “There’s a low-ceilinged cavern beneath that, full of stalac-whatevers. It’s too small for her to transform.”

“Excellent,” Serah says. “Rae, you can convince her to spar. We’ll tag along as spectators.”

“She’ll love that,” Jekster says. “Landi and I can be cheerleaders!”

“Oh! I love that idea!” you say. “You’re rooting for Rae, right?”

“No. My sister, obviously.”

“Then it’s war!”

“Can you both please take this a little more seriously?” Serah asks.

“No,” you and Jekster say at exactly the same time.

You all head out to find Tanwen. Sure enough, she’s in the training room and, as expected, eagerly accepts Rae’s offer to spar.

“Finally,” Tanwen says. “A chance to test myself on the field of battle against a real warrior.”

“Sparring is not warring,” Rae says. “If this were a real fight, most of my energy would be spent making things as unfair as possible. If I’m fighting one-on-one with even odds, I’ve made a serious miscalculation.”

“Dragonkin don’t have that luxury. We will always be outnumbered,” Tanwen says. “Odds do not matter. Blades cannot harm me; I am not so fragile as an elf. Bring on your unfair fights.”

Raelynn looks Tanwen up and down, touches a hand to her bangs, and says nothing.

“So! Show me how the Circle Uí Liatháin fights.” Tanwen smiles a broad, sharp smile.

“If you insist.” Raelynn unclips her cloak and lets it fall to the ground. She undoes the sheath for Samhain and holds it out to you, and you dutifully place it in your inventory.

“Don’t trust your weapons?” Tanwen asks.

“I would not dull my blade on dragonscale.”

“Smart elf,” Tanwen says. “You can have one of my family’s shortswords. They’re sturdy enough.”

“No. We will use blunted blades,” Raelynn says. “I will not fight you with live steel.”

“What’s the matter? Are you so afraid?”

“I will not be able to fight to my fullest if I’m afraid of harming you. I don’t see any scales on your eyes.”

“If you score a hit on my eye, that’s my fault,” Tanwen says. “I’ll be fine. I can heal from anything.”

“Very well,” Rae says, irritation creeping into her voice. “But if we use training blades, we can fight longer. What if you wear me down and I can’t dodge? Am I to surrender then and there? Or would you rather score a clean hit?”

“That would be far more satisfying.” Tanwen’s teeth glimmer. “All right, warrior. Dulled blades it is.”

Tanwen pulls a dulled cleaver from the weapon rack. Raelynn chooses two shortswords similar to her own single blade.

Dotti watches carefully as they take their stances. Tanwen is coiled tight, ready to pounce. Raelynn’s poise is loose, her stance spread. Tanwen shifts her weight from claw to claw, and Raelynn weaves her blades in a shifting, crossing pattern in response.
>>
No. 1024818 ID: 8483cf
File 164592864450.png - (205.06KB , 881x765 , LF5 40.png )
1024818

“So, like,” you say, “are you two gonna fight, or-“

Tanwen leaps at Raelynn, closing the distance frighteningly fast. Her cleaver comes down from above in a dominant strike. Raelynn parries the strike to the side with one sword and sidesteps, swinging the other blade downward in a swift cut across Tanwen’s tail. There’s the dull crack of steel on scale.

Tanwen dances back to a neutral stance and laughs. “You tried to cut my tail off! Is that actually how you were trained? You elves really are cocky, aren’t you?”

You feel very protective of Samhain all of a sudden.

Raelynn says nothing. She shifts her stance and angles both swords up, ready to pierce straight up if Tanwen charges again.

Tanwen sees the blades and circles to the side, angling her cleaver to what she thinks is Raelynn’s nondominant hand. Her tail flicks in anticipation. They test each other again, adjusting their stances, until Tanwen comes in from one side and tries to use her superior reach. Again, Rae parries and strikes low, this time to the back of Tanwen’s knee. They separate once more.

“You haven’t done any damage if this were a fight,” Tanwen says. “I don’t understand why you make those strikes. They’re not killing blows.”

“Are you going to keep letting me get free hits?” Rae asks. “I thought we were sparring.”

“Fights should be to the death,” Tanwen growls. “When I spar with Hunny, we use teeth and claw on neck and jaw. Why play fight differently than a real fight?”

Raelynn is silent.

“Fine,” Tanwen says. “If you’re going to play pretend, I’ll fight for real.”

Tanwen leaps forward and strikes with powerful, overhand blows of her cleaver and mixes in stabs of her tail. Raelynn parries and dodges each. She takes advantage of the holes in Tanwen’s guard, stabbing and slicing up and down at different points of Tanwen’s scales, drawing out a symphony of steel on scale. Tanwen tries harder and harder to land even a single blow on Raelynn, failing each time.

Hunny shakes his head, but doesn’t interrupt.

“Watch closely, Dotti,” Serah whispers. “Watch her footwork. See how she moves.”

Rae and Tanwen fight back and forth across the cavern for what feels like an hour of back-and-forth chasing and parrying, but who knows how long it really takes. It only ends when Tanwen lets out a shriek of delight.

“Ha!” she cheers. “I got you!”

Raelynn puts a hand to her tunic and finds a gash in the right hip where her tail’s slices through.

“Well done,” Raelynn says. “That could have gotten me.”

“I did get you!” Tanwen says. “I pulled the strike to the left. I can’t dull my tail, after all.”

“Enough, then. We’re done,” Rae says. Her hair is slick with sweat.

Tanwen throws her cleaver down and stretches. She’s breathing hard and rubbing her arms. Raelynn looks to Serah and nods. Now’s the time.

“Well fought, Tanwen,” Serah says. “I hope you found your sparring with my companion informative.”

“I did,” Tanwen says. “It was a good fight. I like her.”

“I’m glad to hear it. She’s come a long way from home, as have we all. She kept your father safe on the journey home.”

“She kept Dad safe?” Tanwen scowls. “No way. He keeps other people safe, not the other way around.”

“It’s true,” Serah says. “He was ambushed on the mountain by goblins and harpies. She helped fight them off.”

Tanwen curses under her breath. “Damn it. I have to go and pay them back now. Thanks for telling me.”

“Dotti helped fight them off, too,” Serah says. “Dotti, tell her about the trip and how you helped.”

Dotti sees her chance to start “talking” about all the awesome things she’s done for Jek, including bringing him back home safe and sound when his memories were a little out of sorts.

“His memories?” Tanwen hisses. “What happened to Dad’s memories?”

“He’s fine,” Hunny interjects. “Dad’s gonna be fine. Matter of fact, Dotti helped bring those memories back.” Jekster nods agreement.

“You didn’t tell me who hurt him,” Tanwen hisses. “Dad would never have gotten ambushed if he’d known about where the goblins and harpies like to lay their traps.”

“Actually,” Serah says, “the vine trap was made by your older-“
>>
No. 1024823 ID: 8483cf
File 164592899248.png - (87.24KB , 526x431 , LF5 41.png )
1024823

“You’re stalling,” Tanwen snaps. “Who. Hurt. My. Dad?”

Dotti slowly raises her hand.

“You, fox? Are you serious?” Tanwen bares her teeth at Dotti. “Suddenly this all makes sense. You’re here to beg forgiveness, aren’t you?”

Dotti nods.

“Smart. But also stupid.” Tanwen hisses. “You hurt my father, fox spirit. You could have taken him from me. From my sister. From my family. Forever.”

“She tried to fix it!” you say. “She’s really tried to fix things. She’s learned a lot. She’s trying really hard to make things right.”

“She’s deceiving you.” Tanwen spits on the ground. “I don’t care how much you say she’s changed. A good person driving a laden cart can still topple it on an innocent father. They can beg for forgiveness, but the father is still dead. No, I won’t accept your apology, no matter how sorry you say you are. You tried to take my father from me, and I won’t forgive you for that. By my family’s honor, you harmed the blood of my blood. I demand yours!”

“Hey, Tanwen, maybe you should ask Mom fir-“

“Shut up, you lazy oaf! Since you won’t stand up for the family, I’m doing it myself! There’s a reason Mom wants to kick you out of the lair. I’m doing what she’d want us to do!”

Dotti looks to Serah, eyes wide.

“You don’t have to fight if you don’t want to,” Serah says.

“But if you do, fight” you add, “We’ll support you. And there will be rules.

Dotti’s eyes glimmer. Oh, yeah. She definitely wants to be on the side of the fairy setting the rules.

“Rules?” Tanwen hisses. “There are only the rules of nature. Your fox spirit should understand that. One of us will die today.”

“Dotti’s our guest!” Jekster says. He hugs her tight. “Tanwen, you can’t fight to the death. Dad wouldn’t want that. He promised to protect her!”

“He’s wrong!” Tanwen says. “He can keep her safe from goblins and harpies, but he can’t keep her safe from justice.”

“Tanwen… that’s… Dad’s not going to like that.”

Tanwen pauses for a long minute.

“Fine,” she growls. “For my father’s sake, this fight will have conditions… but Dotti will pay in blood.”

Dotti turns to Tanwen and lights a blazing fire in her paw, then offers it to Tanwen to shake.

Tanwen smiles and accepts.

What do you say to Dotti before the fight?
>>
No. 1024826 ID: e51896

Tell Dotti to do this for her own family honor: for Petra, and that Dotti promised to survive and reunite with Petra again to to restore that honor after hopefully saving her life. Should get Dotti more confident if she is fighting for someone she dearly loves.

Say it loud enough for Tanwen to hear too, it could go in too directions: Tanwen will know that Dotti understands family honor and might show a tiny bit of respect to not pull cheap punches or go for the kill

or

She might taunt Dotti and insult Petra which could get Dotti angrier to get her to put her all into fighting and surviving.
>>
No. 1024827 ID: 094652

"Goad her around the arena, she uses her pride as a weapon, but it whips her around like a slave."
>>
No. 1024832 ID: 629f2e

Tell Dotti that Gecko is totally beatable for her. There's no need to be scared, because Dotti can win. And if she doesn't, then her companions will be right by her side to ensure the loss isn't too miserable. And hopefully no matter how this ends, she'll be trading this for a far worse battle against Mai.

Then you should probably start relaying all of the battle strategies you have to her, and giving her all the buffs and equipment you planned before. I'm not gonna write them again, I made two perfectly good longass posts last time. I will toss out one more strat to consider though: Flashbang or Smokebomb into Solvent while her perception is shot.

Just try to emphasize that she's going to need to be a bit clever, and constantly on her toes to win this battle. She shouldn't blow her top or get too scared, that'll just make her predictable. What she needs is to keep a cool head and stay one step ahead of Gecko.
>>
No. 1024838 ID: c92a02

If you die, I call dibs on your stuff.
>>
No. 1024921 ID: 8483cf
File 164599598217.png - (193.60KB , 738x852 , LF5 42.png )
1024921

Serah and Raelynn relay to Dotti the strategies you planned earlier. Dotti listens carefully. Meanwhile, you’re setting some rules with Tanwen.

“So, like, this is for honor, right?” you say. Tanwen nods. “Well, dragon girl, I’m looking at this matchup and not seeing how this is an honorable fight at all.”

“She accepted,” Tanwen hisses. “This is for justice. Of course it’s honorable. What do you know about honor, fairy? I know your kind. You twist words to suit your sick definitions of honesty.”

“Me? I don’t know or care much about honor, I’ll admit that,” you say. “That’s Serah’s thing. But I do know gossip. And nobody’s gonna gossip about how awesome and cool it is for an invincible dragon girl to beat up on a cute little fox spirit who can’t even fight back.”

“Of course she can fight back,” Tanwen says. “No one would ever underestimate a fox spirit.”

“Shyeah. A fox spirit with fire magic against a dragon who’s immune to it.” You snort. “What’s she gonna do against your scales? She’s not a fighter. She’s shorter and slower than you, too. You have the advantage in every conceivable way.”

“She was strong enough to hurt my father. She has mind magic,” Tanwen says. “And foxes are quick.”

“Great. Mind magic against your cleaver and arm blades and tail and scales and shit. Oh, yeah. Real honorable. I’m sure your mom will be real proud of any victory you get out of that.”

“Fine,” Tanwen says. “Only my natural weapons. I can’t take those off.”

“You still have those nasty arm blades and tail,” you point out. “I say Dotti gets a chance to fight back against those, too. You get your natural weapons, she gets bombs.”

“Bombs?” Tanwen scowls, obviously sore your win over her. “She can see my weapons. I demand to know hers, too.”

“Sure, sure. She’s not getting a glue bomb, but she will get one that gives her a fighting chance against your arm blades and tail. Plus two others, and three potions she gets to bring with her in the fight.”

“What are those two other bombs? What potions?”

“You said yourself you don’t care about odds,” you say cheerily. “Were you lying back then?”

“Of course not, you little lantern-stuffer,” Tanwen hisses. “Fine. She can bring three bombs and three potions. Is that to your liking?”

“Love ya, Gecko.”

“Fuck you and your little fox too.”

With that exchange done, the terms are set. All that’s left is the pre-battle pep talk.

“I worded the rules so that Dotti gets to bring in the stuff you asked for,” you whisper to Serah, Dotti and Rae. “Pre-battle buffs are legal, but Gecko doesn’t know about that.”

“Well done, Landi,” Serah says. “Jekster is going to go distract Tanwen for a second so we can give Dotti an Elixir of Strength and a Potion of Mage Armor. Tanwen will still be stronger than Dotti, but with the elixir, it’ll give her a fighting chance if she gets grappled.”

Dotti nods. She’s shaking slightly.

“Dotti, you can totally do this,” you say. “You don’t have to be scared. I mean, I beat her myself! Just use that clever little fox brain of yours, be quick on your feet, drink lots of potions, and don’t lose your cool, and you got this! And even if you don’t, we’ve got your back. You can count on us to bail you out.”

“Landi…” Dotti says softly.

“Yeah?”

“Thank you. I mean it. If it looks like Tanwen is gonna hurt me real bad… I trust that you all can stop her from taking it too far. I don’t care if I get beat up, but I can’t die. Not until I find Petra.”

“Who’s Petra?”

Dotti looks at you funny. “She’s… she’s my best friend.”

“YOU HAVE FRIENDS?!”

The heartwarming conversation is interrupted by Jekster shouting at Tanwen about how she ruins everything and how he can’t invite friends over because she tries to kill them and she is the worst sister EVER.

“Okay! Now!” Serah shoves two bottles into Dotti’s grip. “Drink drink drink!”

Dotti drinks up without Tanwen seeing, then gears up with her bombs and potions.

It’s time to fight.

-----

“Upon my command to ‘Fight,’” Serah calls out, “Combat will begin, and will end when either or both combatant or combatants is or are no longer able to continue. This is an honorable duel called by Tanwen Terrorscale, who has sworn to not intentionally strike a lethal blow against Dorothea. Combatants, are you ready to begin?”

“Yes,” Tanwen says. She takes a full, deep breath.

Dotti nods.

“Very well,” Serah says. “Prepare for my command.”

“You can do this, Dotti,” you whisper.

“FIGHT!”

Tanwen’s learned from her fight with you. She doesn’t hold back at all, and unleashes a full-throated blast of dragonfire in the first half-second. Dotti’s engulfed in flame¬- and then she’s gone.

“DOTTI!”

There’s nothing left, not even a scrap of fur. It was an illusion.
>>
No. 1024922 ID: 8483cf
File 164599599508.png - (99.88KB , 653x725 , LF5 43.png )
1024922

Tanwen stares around the low-ceilinged cavern, searching for Dotti. She spies an orange tuft of fur poking from around a stalagmite and lunges, grabbing for the exposed tail, but it’s yet another illusion. She glances left and right- there are two more orange tails poking around stalagmites.

“You want to hide?” Tanwen roars. “Coward! I’ll flush you out!”

Tanwen slices a stalagmite from the ground with her arm blade, picks it up and throws it at one orange tail. It disappears in a poof of magic. She cuts another one out and throws it straight at the second tail, and this time Dotti darts out from behind the stalagmite just in time before it’s hit by Tanwen’s missile.

“Got you!” Tanwen shouts. She darts across the cavern and closes in on Dotti. She’s faster than the fox spirit, but not nearly as fast as she was earlier against Raelynn. Dotti just barely dodges a trio of strikes, but the fourth swipe of her claws scores a clean hit on her midsection, ricocheting off the mage armor and draining its protection dry.

Dotti lets out a high-pitched yowl and throws a smoke bomb at the ground as hard as she can. It explodes, filling the air with thick, acrid plumes of black smoke so thick even a dragon can’t see through it.

Silence. Then the sound of Dotti’s boots running, and Tanwen chasing after her.

What do you do?
1. Cheer for Dotti as loud as you can. This might throw off Tanwen’s hearing.
2. Boo Tanwen.
3. Ask Raelynn to point out where Dotti is, then you create a portal to her and send something through.
4. Other

>>
No. 1024923 ID: c92a02

Booo!
>>
No. 1024926 ID: 629f2e

1 and 2. Loudly cheer for Dotti and dunk on Gecko while you do. Try to goad Gecko's siblings to cheer for their sister in response, as that helps Dotti hide while splitting the blame, so she can't blame your side alone for distracting her.

I think if you make a pun in your cheer, Jekster will try to shout his own in response.

"Come on Dotti! Make this Gecko Tanlose!"
>>
No. 1024928 ID: e51896

Cheer for Dotti, remind her who she's fighting for, Petra!

booing tanwen would probably make her angrier after the fight and still refuse an apology
>>
No. 1024932 ID: 96c896

Boo Tanwen. She's vulnerable to taunts.
>>
No. 1024942 ID: 894419

>>1024922
Dotti thrives on attention, slather her with praise!
>>
No. 1024966 ID: 8483cf
File 164601901560.png - (44.46KB , 647x1037 , LF5 44.png )
1024966

“You got this, Dotti!” you cheer as loud as you can. “Gecko’s a lean green losing machine! You can outfox her easy! C’mon, guys, gimme a hand here.”

“Tanwen! Don’t lose or you’re officially the worst sister!” Jekster joins in. “Don’t let this fight drag-on!”

Everyone else joins in cheering and booing, even Rae, which is freakin’ awesome. Taranis gives a shrill war screech fierce enough to make even a dragon’s blood curdle.

“Shut up!” Tanwen screams. “Shut up, everyone, RIGHT NOW!”

That shouting was what Dotti needed to find her mark in the smoke. There’s a loud explosion followed by a very unexpectedly girly Tanwen shriek.

“Frozen Hells, that’s Cold!

The smoke starts to clear, revealing Tanwen dripping in solvent, pressing two fingers hard against her bare breasts. Her armor’s gone, as are her blades and tail-tip dagger, leaving just two fins and a small, sensitive nubbin at the very tip of her tail.

“AHH! What did you do?! What did you do to my armor?!”

“Aaaaand it’s awkward now,” Hunny says.

“Shut it!” Tanwen hisses and peeks under her fingers, checking if she’s decent before lowering them fully. “I won’t be humiliated by this stupid fox.”

“Too late for that!” you shout. “Hey, I think I see a pink bit right there! Yeah, there! Hee!”

Tanwen shrieks and covers up again.

“Landi, stop embarrassing her,” Raelynn says putting a hand to her forehead.

What do you do?
A: Keep embarrassing her
B: Convince Tanwen to stop the fight now
C: Yell for Dotti to go for a specific Tanwen weak point
D: Other

>>
No. 1024967 ID: c92a02

Keep embarrassing her.
>>
No. 1024968 ID: 629f2e

As much as I love all of these options, I think I'm gonna have to toss my lot in with D: None of the above (Or conditionally A if it's tied).

A feels great, don't get me wrong, A is the choice my heart is drawn too, but it's not a great play. Pissing her off is just going to make more trouble for Dotti, since she's the one Gecko will vent her anger onto. It may also result in Gecko complaining after the fight that your taunts interfered with the match, and being less willing to accept the results afterwards. If Rae is telling you to knock if off, it's probably best to stop while you're ahead.

Of course, there's the argument that if you keep embarrassing her Dotti may be able to get in an extra shot while she's covering. Add that to the fact that A is just so much more fun than not A, and you can honestly swap this with A if it's tied between doing it and not. I like letting Landi be mean to Tanwen, it's the evolved form of Landi being mean to Dotti because it feels infinitely more deserved.

B is a non-starter. She's not going to submit this easily, and starting surrender talks may make Dotti stop kicking her butt to listen and see if she needs to keep going. That'll mess up the momentum she's building, don't interrupt for that.

C is just a terrible move on all levels. Firstly, you would be telegraphing Dotti's play by telling her in front of Gecko what to do. Second, you would be telling her to move into Gecko's preferred range to deal a direct attack when that isn't the best option for your physically-underpowered fox companion. And finally, you already let her know that the tip of the tail was a weak spot for her, so Dotti is fully capable of making the decision to strike there.

So yeah, the best move at the moment is to sit back and let Dotti do her own thing rn... But if Landi ends up embarrassing Gecko further, I certainly will not complain.
>>
No. 1024969 ID: e51896

D. Summon pants for Hunny with fairy godmother magic to make Tanwen feel more out of place with her nudity (since Hunny isn't wearing pants). Make her feel not only the only person naked, but the only terrorscale naked!
>>
No. 1024980 ID: 894419

>>1024966
D: Act like you have pity for Tanwen, nothing will unbalance her more than feeling like she's being looked down on!
>>
No. 1025021 ID: 0838d6

>>1024969
This, don't say anything, just make pants for Hunny. Don't insinuate anything, you're essentially doing A and expecting Hunny to say *something* about it, this throwing Gecko off her game. You're not interfering with the fight, nor are you embarrassing her farther. Everything after that point is pure implications made in Gecko's mind. Honestly you should be proud of yourself for this 4d chess you're playing.
>>
No. 1025068 ID: 8483cf
File 164610961899.png - (132.13KB , 720x720 , LF5 45.png )
1025068

You don’t say a word. Instead, you bestow upon Hunny the greatest gift of all: pants.

“Oh, hey!” Hunny exclaims. “Slacks! And they even match my bear pelt. Nice.”

“Look at fancy pants over here,” Jekster says. “Very classy.”

Tanwen looks over, sputters incoherently for a moment, then does her level best to ignore the fact she’s the only naked person in the room. Well, except for you, but you’re glowy so she doesn’t know.

This power is starting to go to your head.

“How’s Dotti doing?” Serah whispers to Rae. “I can’t see anything in the smoke.”

“She just drank two potions: mana and mage armor,” Rae says quietly. “She’s setting up more duplicates, too. Moving ones. I don’t know how much mana she has left now.”

A Dotti duplicate dashes out of the smoke. Tanwen moves to slice a stalagmite from the floor, but bashes her blade-less elbow against instead. She curses in pain and has to dash off to chase the illusion herself, and when she catches it with a low kick to the feet, it vanishes.

“More illusions?” Tanwen shouts. “Fine! I’ll crush them all!”

Dotti obliges. She sends out every single illusion at once. Tanwen lashes out as fast as she can, chasing them all down, tiring herself out just to whittle down their numbers, until her posture slouched and her tail drooping in exhaustion. She turns to the third-to-last illusion and gives it a half-hearted punch to the midsection.

Dotti blocks with both arms. Tanwen looks up in shock, and for that one unlucky moment, her instincts lead her to look her opponent in the eyes.

Dotti and Tanwen stand locked eye-to-eye, both of their breathing coming in ragged gasps. Dotti leans forward, pouring all her will through her gaze.

Tanwen’s eyes are blazing rubies. Her will is unyielding. She does not blink.

Dotti shrinks back and whimpers. She blinks.

Tanwen snarls, takes a step forward and lashes out with her tail, encircling it around her throat. Dotti gives a choked gasp and strains as hard as she can against Tanwen’s tail. She just barely gets it free from her grip for the briefest of moments…

“Dotti, use your instincts!” you shout.

Dotti sinks her teeth into Tanwen’s exposed tail tip.

Tanwen gives an ear-splitting shriek of pain and slams her fist into Dotti’s face, sending her sprawling across the cavern floor.

“You bit my tail!” Tanwen hisses, nursing her tortured tip.

Dotti gives an angry gekker.

“You bit my tail!” Tanwen shouts back. “You low-down, underhanded, slimy fox spirit, you’re as despicable a fighter as you are a person! I should kill you and do the world a favor! No one will ever miss you!”

“That’s not true!” Dotti shouts back with her magic. “Petra would miss me! She’s my best friend, and I won’t let you or anyone else kill me until I find her!”

“You act as if you’re the only person with loved ones,” Tanwen says. “If I were to take Petra’s memories away, would that make us even? Go on, answer me! What would you do?”

“I’d want to kill you!” Dotti shoot back. “And I’m sorry, okay? I understand! I’m really sorry!”

“You’re pathetic,” Tanwen says. “You gave me your best shot a second ago. I could hear you in my head, telling me to yield, to give up, so you could see your friend again. Well, you disgust me. The only reason you were able to hurt my father was because he let down his guard. The only times you were able to hurt me in this fight were by dirty tricks. You’re a pathetic little worm and it sickens me that anyone’s ever shown you kindness.”

Tanwen is disgusted with Dotti and doesn’t even move to attack.

What do you do?
>>
No. 1025071 ID: 96c896

>>1025068
So she's saying it's her father's fault he got hurt, huh? And if you're immune to an opponent's main offense then it's fine to insult them, apparently.
>>
No. 1025081 ID: e51896

With this pause, I think it's our chance for a little heart to heart with Tanwen.

Specifically, first ask what family honor means to her? What is her definition of it even? Because from what you have seen, a lot of the terrorscale family members aren't wishing death upon Dotti for what she did. Jek, Jekster and Hunny are forgiving, and while Kayke was upset, she still insisted on cooking meals for us despite us telling her she didn't have to, and Cadmus is considerate enough to think things over and consider Dotti as a person before deciding to forgive or not. From what it is looking like, it seems like that all, if not, the majority of the terrorscales have the same definition of family honor: to forgive, have patience, and understand.

Then Tell her about our disfunctional party, and how in a way, we see it as a family. Sure we have messed up multiple times, but we gave each other second chances even if it may have tarnished our party's honor, and from those forgiveness, the person grew from the experience, and became kinder, stronger. Use your examples of how you treated Serah, and how Dotti grew from our patience in getting her to learn social cues and become a wild animal to almost human. That is why we showed kindness to Dotti, so she can learn kindness in return

Tell her With her trying to kill Dotti, she is in a way disrespecting her own family honor, and doing it more for the pride of her own ego and power of being a family member of a powerful dragon than she is respecting her family's wishes as well. Ask Tanwen to give people a chance to grow a learn from their faults because otherwise, if she keeps seeking revenge on others for mistakes, and never forgive, she's going to end up alone, maybe even make new enemies she wouldn't want to make because she killed someone for her so called definition of family honor. Eye for an eye makes the world blind.
>>
No. 1025083 ID: 629f2e

Okay, you gotta speak up here. Not just because Dotti is too stupid to defend herself, but because some of that maaaaayyy have hit closer to home than you'd like to admit.

Dirty tricks and getting people when there guards are down is your preferred strategy when you don't have the dust to straight up overpower a problem. And also, just something you kind of rely on in day-to-day life constantly. Just double checking: How did you become Serah's adventurer partner again? And how did that original draft for Dotti's contract go?

If you really think about it, you've probably taken advantage of people just as much as Dotti has in the past. So yeah, Gekko's words are probably gonna make you feel a little like garbage right now. You're gonna want to stand up for yourselfDotti.

Don't put too much stake in her words though, because you and Dotti may be worms, but Gecko's something worse. She's a bully.

She won the genetic lottery and flexes her strength whenever she gets the chance. Of course Gecko would care about honor, because she always wins fights when they're fair. And by fair, she means fair by her standards. Stealth isn't honorable, because she's not good at it. Neither is outwitting your opponent, or having better equipment, and any form of magic that she can't do is prrrrooobbaaabbblllyyy bullshit, unless it's ineffective against her.

An HONORABLE fight has to be all about strength and combat ability, because that's what Gecko is good at. Anything else is cheating.

And yeah, Dotti fucked up, but to Gecko that's ALL that matters. Dotti fucked up, end of story. There is literally no other context that matters.

It doesn't matter that her siblings don't agree with her. It doesn't matter that her father has already forgiven Dotti. It doesn't matter that Dotti is genuinely sorry. It doesn't even matter that Dotti agreed to this stupid fight she didn't want to have because she really wanted Tanwen to forgive her.

Because this has shit all to do with honor. That's just the flag Gecko waves around to make everything she does good, and everything Dotti or whoever Gecko doesn't like bad.

This is about Pride. Showing off how good she is by pulling off important feats. Watch as she kills the fox who dared to harm a fellow Terrorscale! What, no lethal blows? Fine, but she's still gonna kick her ass. She was ready to end a fucking bird over a misdemeanor. What, was her fight with Taranis going to be honorable?

That's all she is. A bully who has to take others down to make herself look good, because the truth is: her strength is all she has going for her. She has no real accomplishments, so she has to take any opportunity she gets to show off how strong and cool and honorably she is. Because if she isn't any of those things, then she's nothing. Absolutely nothing.
>>
No. 1025085 ID: 96c896

Oh shit I just realized she's super mega insulting her father there.
The whole reason Jek was in that situation was because he was being kind to Dotti! So we can nail her with that:
"Your father showed her kindness."
>>
No. 1025090 ID: 094652

Call her out. By rejecting Dotti's existence, as a scrapper who studied and innovated every trick in her arsenal, Tanwen is rejecting the fundamental law of nature; the universe doesn't love strength, it just spares convenience.

Is this really how Tanwen wants to live for the rest of her life? Kill the weak, kill the dishonorable, kill the bratty children and their spoiled parents and their simpering servants and anyone related to them and anyone who questions you and then starve. If the strong deserve to exist and have everything handed to them on a silver platter, we wouldn't be in this situation! Nobody can stay sane without supporters!

Does Tanwen think she's the greatest mutt to stride the land? By screaming and beating up everything she can't accept? By complaining about her siblings' lack of initiative when she can't bother to study enemy fighting styles? By beating up a little girl and calling it an act of angelism? She's a thug.

Everyone fights for two reasons: profit and experience. Tanwen squanders both.
>>
No. 1025107 ID: c92a02

Keep cheering. "Woo, Dotti! Go team Fox! Sock her in the venom sacks!"
>>
No. 1025129 ID: 9512c4

>>1025085
Specifically, I think we want to point to the kindness he showed Dotti AFTER getting his memories back. Pointing out that Tanwen's dad was kind AGAIN, even after he knew what Dotti had done, shows that there's more to righteousness than just honor.

Did Tanwen learn honor/justice from her mom but fail to learn chivalry/kindness/mercy from her dad? Has she never received forgiveness she didn't/couldn't earn?
>>
No. 1025131 ID: 8483cf
File 164619165358.png - (78.02KB , 551x666 , LF5 46.png )
1025131

You have a lot of feelings right now and it’s hard to fit them all in your head, which is okay because the only thing that matters is how much Tanwen’s pissing you off.

“Oh, yeah?!” Ignoring Serah’s protests, you zip onto the battlefield at full speed and place yourself right between Worst Fox and Bad Dragon. “Well, your dad showed Dotti kindness, and we both know he’s more honorable than you’ll ever be. He forgave Dotti, so how about that, huh?”

“I say leave my father out of this!” Tanwen swipes the air with her claw. “Dotti hurt him, so I had to avenge my family’s honor. It’s as simple as that. Now get out of the way so I can end this!”

“Honor this. Honor that. You talk big, but how honorable are you really? You were gonna fuckin’ end our bird over a pair of fishnets!”

“That was a joke, you gnat. This is serious!”

“You sure? ‘Cause it sounds like you’re seriously joking,” you say. “You getting upset over dirty tactics and insults to honorable fights is just rich. Didn’t Raelynn tell you a real fight isn’t even close to fair? Didn’t you yourself cite the rules of nature to Dotti? The same Dotti who’d just roast you if you weren’t immune to fire? Well, nature doesn’t care about fair fights. Nature just kills things. I think at the end of the day, if we strip away all your talk about honor, you’re just a naked green lizard using her dragon blood as a crutch.”

Tanwen covers her chest with an arm. “Fuck off and get out of the way, you glowing little insect.”

“No, you fuck off. Serah said the fight’s over when one of you can’t continue. Well, the only reason Dotti agreed to this fight was to try and gain your forgiveness, and now look at her! Does she look like she can keep fighting?”

Dotti is sniffling and trying very hard not to cry. Gecko stares at her, revulsion written on her face.

“I’m here ‘cause as messed up as Dotti is, I’m willing to give her another chance,” you say. “Even if I know she was a terrible fox yesterday, she’s a better fox today. Your dad knew that. Are you smarter and more honorable than he is? Are you really fighting for justice? How about to improve yourself by studying Dotti’s fighting style? Or is this just about fixing your wounded pride, Gecko?”

“Shut up!” Tanwen cracks her tail like a whip. “Fox, are you going to let this bug speak for you, or are you going to stand there sniveling like the worm you are?”

Dotti whines.

“If she’s a worm, you’re worse,” you say. “You’re a bully.”

“This fight is over!” Tanwen slashes the air and whirls around for the exit. “You’re in no fit state to continue. I’d spit in your face, fox, but you’re not worth it.”

It barely takes a second after Tanwen declares her own victory for Serah to swoop in and hug Dotti tight. The poor fox collapses into the embrace, dissolving into a quivering wreck of adrenaline and shot nerves.

“It’s okay, Dotti. You’re safe now,” Serah says. “Everything is going to be fine. You were so brave, and I’m so proud of you.”

“Yeah, that’s right! Get outta here!” you shout as Tanwen leaves the cavern. “And go put a top on, Miss Nipplescale!”

Hunny follows Tanwen out. You can hear his voice echo around the stairwell. He’s as close to irritated as you’ve heard him all day. Jekster just kind of stands in the corner, not sure what to do.

Rae leans against the cavern wall, equally exhausted, and probably equally stressed. Taranis, who’d been circling the arena’s edges, lands on her shoulder and gives her pointy ear a tiny nibble.

Dotti, still shaking, lets Serah hold her and stroke her hair. She closes her big black eyes and nuzzles against Serah’s chest.

“Do you want dinner?” Serah asks.

“Will Tanwen be there?” Dotti asks, voice quiet.

“Probably not,” you say, “But if she is, I’ll not-so-politely ask her to leave.”

“Thank you. Thank you, Landi. Thank you so much.”

Wow. Dotti’s had it rough these last few months. There’s a little time before dinner and some time after, assuming Dotti doesn’t go straight to bed.

Maybe it’s worth a little effort to patch things up between the two of you… just a little.

How do you want to spend the evening making Dotti feel better?
>>
No. 1025132 ID: e51896

Jekster looks sad too. I think he'll feel better if he manages to make Dotti feel better. So you are going to team up with Jekster and act out a stand up improv comedy routine. Tell Dotti to give you and Jekster a topic or scenerio, and you'll both act it out to try to make her laugh .

Oh yeah, and remind dotti she still has one more favor. The improv comedy doesnt count as one, but she should definetly know she can use it.
>>
No. 1025133 ID: 629f2e

Float over to Jekster, and invite him over to your little Dotti comfort pile. She could use a friend right now, and those two seemed to be getting along well earlier. Plus, being around a Terrorscale who forgives her, full stop, would probably help.

Other than that, just spend some time with her. Lay on her head and let her tell you when she needs something, whether it's space, a favor, or someone to talk to. When she's feeling a little less shitty, you should remind her that you still owe her a favor, don't just let her forget because that'd be more convenient for you.

And just for one night, for the rest of tonight... Maybe you can tell her she's a good fox.
>>
No. 1025395 ID: 8483cf
File 164652452124.png - (87.28KB , 507x501 , LF5 47.png )
1025395

“Hey, you.” You flit over to Dotti and give her a big reassuring snoot hug. “Serah said everything’s gonna be fine and she is totally 100% right. Long story short, we think big scaly mom dragon probably can’t hurt you now ‘cause of how great you did handling Gecko.”

Serah nods in agreement and gives Dotti chin scratches, earning a satisfied fox warble.

“You can relax tonight,” Serah says. “We’ll take care of everything.”

“Well, most everything,” you add. “I think we can ask for some help with food and entertainment. Hey, Jekster! How good’s your juggling?”

“It’s great!” Jekster hurries over. “I’m up to seven balls at once!”

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” you ask.

Jekster looks at you and grins. He pulls six balls out of nowhere, gets a rhythm going, and a second later you hop aboard.

Dotti gives a big, long fox laugh.

Tonight’s gonna be fun.

------

Thankfully, dinner is uneventful. Kayk is still a little upset, but she’s a lot calmer than earlier, and you suspect she’s more than a little embarrassed of her sister’s duel. You and Jekster keep Dotti entertained so she doesn’t have to focus on that.

Once you’re out of material for fairy and dragonkin improv night, you take a seat on Dotti’s head. Her hair is a curly mess and her bow is tied into it with a nasty hairy knot. Dotti gratefully accepts you offer to spruce her up, and you get to work with a comb that’s basically as big as you are. It’s hard work, but Dotti’s earned a floofing. You offer to undo the horrid knot keeping that bow in her hair, but Dotti shakes her head so hard you nearly fall off.

You finish floofing the fox and she is SO POOFY. You’re so proud of your work you hold up a super shiny knife and show Dotti her reflection. Dotti still doesn’t seem to like it, though.

“Thanks,” Dotti says, but she sounds a little sad and tired.

“What’s wrong? You sound pretty beat.”

“It’s just…” Dotti touches her snout. “I like being fluffy, but… I’d rather look like Serah. Or you. I want to try transforming again, but I’m afraid I’ll mess up even worse.”

“You’ll get there with practice,” you say. “Don’t worry about it. You’re a good fox just the way you are.”

Dotti gives the best smile she’s ever given you and quite frankly it feels pretty good to see.

“Oh! Oh! I’m sure Cadmus could give you some tips,” Jekster says. “He’s the best out of all of us at shapeshifting. You know, aside from Mom. But he’s always busy.”

“Best?” Hunny shrugs. “Dunno bout that. He’s the most flexible, but I’m the strongest of us and fastest going back and forth between forms.”

“Which is better?” Dotti asks.

“Depends,” Hunny says. “Are you looking to transform quickly, for combat? Or do you want to pick one or two forms and focus on making those better? Or be a master of disguise and have lots of options?”

“I never really thought about it,” Dotti says. “I guess I just want to be human, that’s all.”

“But you could do so much more!” Jekster says. “Why be one thing when you can be lots?”

“What if I get stuck like I am right now?”

“It’s not a big deal. Every shapeshifter can get stuck if they’re too tired,” Hunny says. “That’s why I always stay well-rested.”

Kayk snorts.

“Landi,” Dotti says, “As my last favor, can you… um… can you get Cadmus to help me turn into a human?”

“Sure,” you say. “But are you sure you want to focus on just that? There are so many options for you!”

Suggest options for Dotti to ask for tips on shapeshifting.

A. Specialization: Focus on one human form, but make it special (suggest enhancements/perks)
B. Disguise: Try out lots of different human forms. Advantage over illusions in that disguises cannot be spotted with true seeing.
C. Speed: Quickly changing from 100% fox form to other forms
D. Endurance: Increase efficiency of transforming, able to transform multiple times
E. Flexibility: Try shifting to forms other than human; suggest options

>>
No. 1025398 ID: e51896

A. keep things simple, all Dotti wants is to be human and nothing more. Her showing restraint like this is an improvement we should encourage

As for her form: It will be whatever Dotti draws in the lazy fairy side story: Human quest

We will talk to Cadmus, but lets wait until he actually decides to forgive Dotti, let him focus on one thing at a time.
>>
No. 1025406 ID: 629f2e

A and D would best suit Dotti. A most of all imo.

Dotti should have a human form that's distinctly her. I think that's a point we can all agree on, and I doubt she's looking to have a rotating wardrobe of identities she can take on, that's not her goal. It may have been at some point, but rn Dotti isn't trying anything sneaky that would benefit from quickly changing between personas. She just wants to fit in.

As for enhancements/perks, I think Dotti would take after her three main party members in different ways.

Serah is Dotti's favorite non-Petra human, so Dotti would take the most from her. I think Dotti's human form would come very close to Serah's "Jotund's Might" enhanced height. Human Dotti would be tall, making for a nice contrast with her other forms. She may let her hair grow out to a similar length as Serah's as well, though she'll still maintain her striking orange curls.

Rae isn't a human, but Dotti likes her anyways. You could have Dotti style her own eyes after Rae's, thinking hers is pretty (though she hasn't seen the one under her hair, since she wasn't at the bath). This'd mostly be in the shape and lashes, Dotti should retain her black irises to make them her own.

Last but least, it's Landi. Yeah, Dotti and her don't really get along, but they've been on better terms lately. And seeing as Dotti probably won't want jugs like Serah, why not have her match Landi's assets? Yeah, I think I'm sticking with that.

As for the D part of this suggestion: it's all about giving Dotti the options to represent herself however she wants. Yes, disguises are similar, but there's a fundamental difference. Increasing her Endurance helps Dotti to choose which "Dotti" she wants to be. Her human self, a fox, or something in-between she initially scorned. Dotti's self-image is going to be heavily impacted by finally getting what she currently thinks she wants, so it's important that she be able to express herself in whatever way she wishes while dealing with it. Maybe she'll never want to change back, or maybe she'll find that actually being a human feels unnatural and wrong. Maybe in the end she'll realize that neither form is always right, and she appreciates the fluidity of using both.

Giving her the option to change multiple times a day will be very helpful for this transitionary period Dotti's going through, when a fox becomes a woman.
>>
No. 1025407 ID: 96c896

E. She just learned that if she can't use fire in a fight, she's in a lot of trouble. Taking this opportunity to develop a backup plan is a good idea.
I think the best combat form for a spirit fox would be a BIG FOX. It would also be pretty easy to learn, so maybe she can learn something else too? She'd probably want to try to fly... how about a gryphon, but fox themed? Just slap some wings on a fox, that seems like Dotti's style. Also she'd want to try deep swimming, so... something that could breathe underwater.

Also I want it to be impossible for her to lose her fox tails when she shapeshifts, even if she's turning into something that isn't a fox. Maybe fox ears too, because that would be funny. She could hide them under a dress though.
>>
No. 1025412 ID: 094652

D, E. Humans aren't universally dominant, and there's advantages to preparing all kinds of forms.
>>
No. 1025417 ID: e51896

Also, as far as how she should look goes, she said once she likes being smol, and also wanted bigger breasts, so suggest she go with that.
>>
No. 1025418 ID: c92a02

A: Enhance knockers. The ultimate in cuteness and persuasion.
>>
No. 1025419 ID: 9b127b

primarily D, lots of transforming

secondarily E being human is over rated. she should try some fun shape shifting things like blade arms or generating armor plate
>>
No. 1025455 ID: 8483cf
File 164655011877.png - (106.86KB , 485x615 , LF5 48.png )
1025455

“You don’t have to be just a human,” you say. “You could be lots of things. Haven’t you ever wanted to be a giant fox? How about putting on some wings and flying around? C’mon, you know you wanna. It’s awesome!”

Taranis bobs his head in approval.

“I don’t want to be big or have wings. I like being small,” Dotti says. “I just want to be a human.”

Serah puts a hand on Dotti’s shoulder. “Your focus is admirable. I’m sure Cadmus has advice for you.”

“Okay, human it is,” you say. “But what kinda human? Don’t you want to try different stuff? People come in all shapes and sizes. Don’t you wanna try having huge boobs like Serah? Or pretty lashes like Rae?”

Dotti thinks for a moment, beckons you closer and whispers in your ear. “Um, what if I hurt someone with shapeshifting magic like I did with mind magic?”

“Huh?” What crazy shit is she talking about? “How is it even possible to hurt anyone by turning yourself into a human?”

“I mean… is it okay to have bigger boobs than Serah? She wouldn’t get jealous?”

“Oh!” You give a giggle. “Nah. It is absolutely okay to enhance your knockers. Go nuts. Just don’t brag about ‘em.”

Dotti ponders the weighty responsibilities of such awesome power.
>>
No. 1025456 ID: 8483cf
File 164655015385.png - (54.40KB , 461x419 , LF5 49.png )
1025456

“So yeah,” you say, “I’ll go ask Cadmus for tips on shapeshifting n’ stuff. I’ll make sure to ask how to make it easier on you, Dotti, so you’re not so drained after shapeshifting. That way you won’t get stuck. As much. I hope.”

Dotti whines.

“It’s hard,” Kayk says quietly. “But you get better with time. You did a very good job for your first try.”

Dotti smiles.

“Yeah, we all had to practice a lot,” Jekster adds. “Mom made sure to teach us that picking the right form is all about, uh, I think headspace? If you try and change your body into something your mind isn’t comfortable with, or something you don’t think you can do, then things get really messy.”

“You just gotta be chill,” Hunny says sagely. “Throw ideas at the wall like pasta, see what sticks. Add some big claws, maybe an armor plate or three. Have fun and don’t be afraid to mess up.”

Dotti grumbles.

“Cadmus will explain it better, I’m sure,” Serah says. “He hasn’t come down for dinner, though…”

“Yeah, he forgets to eat when he’s really into studying,” Jekster says.

“It’s why he’s so skinny,” Kayk says.

“Guess I’ll ask Cadmus all about shapeshifting tomorrow,” you say. It’s still within 24 hours of your dare, and hopefully Cadmus will have forgiven Dotti after sleeping on it.

And speaking of sleep, Dotti is tired. Really tired. Frankly, you’re tired too, and so is everyone else, even Rae.

And so, after a very, very long two months, you, Dotti, Serah, Raelynn (and Taranis) finally get to sleep in warm, fluffy beds.

----

You wake up the next morning. You know it’s morning ‘cause there’s this fancy clock with gemstone hands that says it’s just past 7:00. Raelynn is gone, but Taranis, Serah and Dotti are still snoozing.

You could use an extra hour or three of sleep.

Do you go back to sleep? If you get up, do you wake anyone else up too?
>>
No. 1025457 ID: 629f2e

Take an extra hour. You've earned it.
>>
No. 1025460 ID: e51896

Live up to your title as the lazy fairy and sleep a little more, have a dream even, maybe about the victim of the panties you stole from. All that stuff about Dotti's guilt is starting to make you feel guilt for your own crime subconsciously. (You cant get a good view of them unfortunately)
>>
No. 1025461 ID: 96c896

>>1025456
Be lazy, lazy fairy.
>>
No. 1025476 ID: c92a02

Poke Serah. Hey, Serah. Serah. Get up, Serah. Seraaaaah. Get up so you look your best for meeting the dragon lady, Serah. Serah.
>>
No. 1025489 ID: 8483cf
File 164660108054.png - (79.75KB , 693x500 , LF5 50.png )
1025489

Sleep. Sleep is good. You’ve earned it after being forced to wake up before dawn every day for the last two months to avoid getting spotted by bandits and beasties.

You drift back to sleep and wake up to the smell of pancakes. It’s just before 9:00, and everyone’s out of bed except Dotti. Her blue coat and winter clothes are laid out on a chair next to her bed, freshly washed. Must be Kayk’s work.

You spend a few minutes sprucing yourself up, but really, what’s the point? You’re gonna be naked all day anyway. The only one who could notice is Mai, and full-blooded dragons are naked all the time anyway. Why would she care? She probably won’t even notice. Yeah. Totally.

Soon the siren song of pancakes draws you downstairs to the dining hall. Jekesson is seated at the head of the table and talking with the Terrorscale kids about his adventures. Kayk is leaning in closest, Jekster is starry-eyed, Cadmus is taking notes, and Tanwen is sulking in a corner.

Rae is feeding Taranis with a fork and he is gonna be so spoiled you can just tell.

“Good morning, Landi,” Serah says. She’s wearing her adventuring gear, but her hair and makeup are immaculate. “Kayk made you some milk-free pancakes on that plate there. Did you sleep well?”

“Hell yeah!” you say, grabbing a very tiny fork and knife. “I bet Jek did too, hehe. Um, are we gonna see the head honcho herself soon?”

“Oh.” Jek pauses at hearing that. “Mai won’t be joining us quite yet. This breakfast is delicious, Kayk, but your mother said she wanted something, ah, special to eat.”

“Special?” Kayk asks. “We have lots of food. What was it?”

“Hot wings and green beans.”

“Hot wings and… what?!” Tanwen says in an indignant shout. “I was going to handle those harpies and goblins myself! Mom didn’t even give me the chance!”

“That reminds me,” Jek says. “Tan-tan, your mother would like to speak with you as soon as she gets back.”

Tanwen shrinks down in her seat.

“Is she angry?” Serah asks. “Not with Tanwen. Just… in general? How did she take the news about what Dotti did, and how you’ve forgiven her for it?”

“As well as could be expected,” Jek says vaguely. “I cannot speak for her. I may be her husband, but she is her own dragon.”

Well, that’s not very promising. But now that Jek has had time to catch up with his family, Kayk has calmed down a great deal, and Cadmus is much more relaxed and open. You even get the chance to get some tips on shapeshifting endurance out of him for Dotti. He seems very interested in her efforts to fit in with society.

Your quick read of the family is that you have achieved 83.34% Dotti Forgiveness.

1. Jekesson: FORGIVEN
2. Jekster: FORGIVEN
3. Kayk: FORGIVEN
4. Hunny: FORGIVEN
5. Tanwen/”Gecko”: UNFORGIVEN
6. Cadmus: WON'T STOP ASKING QUESTIONS BUT DOTTI'S PROLLY FORGIVEN


You can now talk to Jekesson and plan for your meeting with Mai Terrorscale.

What do you ask Jek, and what do you say to the Terrorscale kids?

>>
No. 1025491 ID: e51896

Tell Tanwen to stop sulking in the corner and join the family! Despite some issues, her family would appreciate her company you know? Maybe offer to give Tanwen something to give to Mai to make things less hard on her when dealing with Mai with your magic... nothing too complicated tho, don't wanna lose fairy magic.

Cadmus: would be cool to ask for shapeshifting tips now. Just be ready to take a survey or something beforehand.

Remind Jek and everyone we got that tiara for Mai, so that should probably help for forgiveness when talking about plans.
>>
No. 1025493 ID: e51896

for Kayk: Tell her about how she should ask her father to spend more time with her. She seemed really depressed about him not being able to see her so often, and was worried they didn't make as much memories together hence her distress after Jek got mind whammy'd
>>
No. 1025494 ID: 629f2e

Immediately start asking Jekesson for details regarding his presumed intense sex with Mai, making all of his children uncomfortable.

Then maybe ask each of the kids what their general life status is. They're all here in the cave rn, but how many of them have gone out into the world and made something of themselves? Presumably at least SOME of them have if Hunny is getting complaints for hanging around for too long. Proceed to tease Tanwen if she has less experience than even Dotti.
>>
No. 1025592 ID: 8483cf
File 164670830494.png - (41.62KB , 375x291 , LF5 51.png )
1025592

“You were really busy yesterday,” you say, floating up to Jek and nudging his big, broad shoulder. “So how was the welcome wagon, huh? Did you get room service, or did you have to eat out? Wink wink, nudge nudge?”

“Ew!”

“Landi!”

“Gross.”

“Could you not, please?”

“I don’t get it.”

Everyone except Jekster disliked that. He thought you were asking about Kayk’s food.

The conversation awkwardly shifts to how everyone’s doing and if they’ve thought about venturing beyond the home mountains. While there’s a fairly regular stream of visitors and hangers-on to the Terrorscale lair to see Mai, Jek and Mai are eager for the kids to get out and see the world.

Jekster is too young to go out by himself, but he wants to go on a trip with his dad to see a real live circus someday.

Tanwen hasn’t ventured further than the nearest military barracks. She gruffly reminds everyone about how she’s trained against the strongest bodyguards on the continent, since obviously those are the ones that come protect people visiting Mai.

Hunny is perfectly happy where he is. Jekesson mentions he met a wonderful dragonkin girl helping at one of Tate Yempi’s temples and Hunny should go say hello. Hunny is noncommittal.

Cadmus is about to leave on a continent-wide visit to all the universities he can find. After careful consideration, he plans to join whichever one has the best curricula on everything. Jek is proud, but reminds Cadmus that there’s more to becoming a well-rounded person than being well-read.

Kayk says she’s working off her debt to Mom, who generously bailed her out of the deductible for damages from an accident at her last bakery. She’s not sure if she can ever set up shop again in a city because none of the fairy actuaries will quote her a reasonable premium for fire insurance. Jek is sad, but he says the rates will go down in time. He also promises to spend time with her to teach her to control her stress levels in bad times, and she seems to relax a bit. Hopefully it’ll help her control her fire breath.

You talk with Cadmus about shapeshifting, and he gives you plenty of useful tips on how to increase Dotti’s metaphysical elasticity and decrease her morphological friction. Thankfully, Serah is taking notes, so you’re free to forget everything that doesn’t sound vaguely naughty.

Jek tries to get Tanwen to join the conversation more, but she’s agitated and withdrawn, spending most of her time picking at a loose string of one of Kayk’s oversized borrowed sweaters. She leaves the table as soon as she’s done eating.

As soon as Tanwen disappears, Dotti sneaks into the room and pulls up a spot at the table. Jek, Jekster and Hunny welcome her warmly, and Cadmus gives her a nod. Kayk says nothing, but gives her a slight wag of her tail.

Dotti wolfs down her breakfast of pancakes, sausage and bacon, making sure to thank Kayk with her newly learned manners. Kayk’s tail wags a little harder this time.

“My lovely wife will be back in an hour or so,” Jek says once Dotti has finished eating. “I imagine she’ll want to make herself presentable, and then she’d like to meet with you after Tanwen.”

Dotti gulps.

“We are available at our host’s convenience,” Serah says, putting a hand on Dotti’s shoulder. “We await her summons.”

You have about two hours until you meet with Mai Terrorscale.

This is it.

What do you tell Dotti?

>>
No. 1025602 ID: 629f2e

Relax. The hard part is over.

No matter how upset Mai ends up being, she isn't going to be able to hurt you. Physically at least, she'll probably be able to lay on the guilt like a steamroller. Gecko already messed up her chance to use the excuse of honor to punish you, and everybody else here is on your side. Even if Jek massively downplayed how much of an irrational bitch she is, nobody here is going to let her hurt you.

She may forgive you, or she may not. You'll feel better if she does, but it won't be the end of the world if she doesn't. You don't need her approval Dotti. The only person who gets to tell you if you should feel bad is you.

And hell, if everyone else's opinions really matter that much to you, then you've still got Serah, Landi, Raelynn, Taranis, Kayk, Hunny, Jekster, Cadmus, and Jek himself on your side, as opposed to just Gecko and possibly Mai. And Gecko's a stupid bitch, so she basically doesn't even count.

You have some time before she shows up, so your options are that you can sit around and dwell on how bad this last apology will go, or you can do something that'll make you happy. Your choice.

Unless you make a stupid-ass choice, in which case Landi is going to overrule you via Favor.
>>
No. 1025605 ID: 7a47b3

Give Dotti the tiara to present to Mai as an apology gift
>>
No. 1026796 ID: 8483cf
File 164781967535.png - (32.77KB , 300x300 , LF5 52.png )
1026796

“Almost showtime,” you say to Dotti. “Don’t be nervous! The hard part’s over. Momma can’t eat you as long as she cares about her honor. If mommy’s still mad despite that, well, that’s her problem.”

Dotti gulps.

“Hey, honor counts for a lot here, or at least to Gecko. But you know what else counts for a lot? Ass-kissing. Ass-kissing and gifts. Hold out your paws, mmkay?” You conjure the ever-ice tiara from your inventory and land it in Dotti’s outstretched paws. “Make sure to give her this. Let Serah do the talking, and hand it over when she tells you to.”

Dotti nods.

“Hey. You got this, foxy girl. We’re all rooting for you.”

Raelynn takes you aside and asks for you to give her back Samhain, that super-sharp elven shortsword. You don’t think twice about handing it over.

You, Jekster and Dotti spend the rest of the time playing card games. Jekster likes Go Fish, you like Poker and Dotti likes 52-card pickup after getting frustrated trying to remember all the types of poker hands. Dotti won easily at Go Fish, but lost at poker. Even with a stupid amount of good luck, Dotti still managed to lose at that because she didn’t know when she had a good hand. There’s a lesson somewhere in there, but you don’t feel like looking for it.

At long last, Jekesson’s voice calls down the main stairwell.

“Lady Kensington? Mai will receive you now.”

Everyone follows Jek upstairs, even the Terrorscale kids. Jekster gives Dotti a big smile. Serah puts a hand on her shoulder.

Here goes nothing…

-----

Jek leads you into Mai’s hoard and you immediately go blind with greed.

There’s gold. So, so much gold. Silver. Platinum. Jade idols. Crowns bedazzled with jewels. Scepters encrusted with pearls and gems bigger than you are. There’s more than enough to capsize a galleon, and that’s just what you can see in front of you.

Oh, and there’s also a dragon as big as a barn.
>>
No. 1026797 ID: 8483cf
File 164781971420.png - (139.99KB , 956x904 , LF5 53.png )
1026797

Mai Terrorscale is covered in brilliant red scales sharp enough to cut you just by looking at them. Her wings, frill and underscales are light pink and shimmering softly from a fresh cleaning. There’s not a scale out of place, and nothing to indicate that she’s just come back from eating a breakfast of goblins and harpies.

“Mai, my beloved,” Jekesson says, “May I present Lady Serah Kensington, Heir Countess of Kensington, and her retinue. They have ensured my safety on the long and treacherous trip home, at great risk to themselves.”

Serah gives a deep curtsy, as does Dotti. Raelynn gives a bow. You move to curtsy, too, but quickly realize there’s nothing to, uh, curtsy with. You dive hide deep in Serah’s hair and hope this all ends fast.

Mai raises her chin to Serah before giving Dotti a long, silent stare. Jek nods, giving the signal that it’s okay for Serah to speak. She clears her throat.

“Your Magnificence,” Serah says, her voice strong, “I am honored to meet you. My father has always spoken of your unaccountable wealth and fearsome visage. To see your splendor with my own eyes is a momentous occasion, the likes which I shall never see again. Should it please you, I have a gift to add to your overflowing coffers, a mere trifle when compared with such riches, but one I hope you may find acceptable.”

Mai’s dark eyes glimmer. “Your father has taught you well, little heiress. I accept your gift.”

Serah smiles and motions as if to present something, but instead gestures to Dotti, who holds out the ever-ice tiara you made. Mai’s eyes narrow, but she allows Dotti to approach and place the tiara on a pile of gold coins before her. She looks to Tanwen, who’s standing next to her hind leg. Then she looks back to Dotti, then to Tanwen again.

Tanwen shrinks into her shame sweater.

“Lady Kensington,” Mai says. “I see your family has made a habit of collecting spirits. First Malazar the Mad, now this fox. I do not sense Malazar’s presence here. Is this fox your new attendant? What grave crimes has she committed to take Malazar’s place?”

“Malazar? Who…” Serah clears her throat. “Ah, you refer to his living name. No, Dorothea is not bound to the Kensington family as Archibald is. She is here of her own free will.”

Dotti nods.

“Was it of her own free will that she tore my husband’s mind asunder?”

Dotti bites her lip and shrinks back toward Serah.

“Dorothea deeply regrets her actions,” Serah says forcefully. “She has sought to make amends by bringing him home safely. By my honor as Heir Countess of Kensington, I speak for her honesty and good character.”

“As do I,” Jekesson says.

“Me too,” Hunny says.

“And me!” Jekster says.

“She’s sorry,” Kayk says softly.

Tanwen scoffs.

Everyone looks to Cadmus. He shrugs. “I can draw no conclusions about her moral character. However, this fox spirit is, as far as the recorded histories go, unique in her desire to fit in and live within human society.”

“That is quite unfortunate for her, then,” Mai says. “To humans, all they know is whether an animal is a pet or a threat. Which are you, fox?”

“I’m neither,” Dotti says. “I’m allowed to be more than one thing. I’m not just an animal, and I’m not a pet either. I don’t want to hurt anyone, and you can’t hurt me! That’s not honorable ‘cause Tanwen already fought me!”

“Is that so?” Mai asks. She bares her maw of wicked teeth. “You think I am bound by my daughter’s actions? That she has the power to speak for me?

Tanwen shrinks into her sweater and stares at the ground.

“We would never assume that, Your Magnificence,” Serah says, putting a hand to her chest. “We can, however, attest to the fact that she called the duel for the purposes of satisfying her family’s honor.”
>>
No. 1026798 ID: 8483cf
File 164781973303.png - (72.42KB , 539x570 , LF5 54.png )
1026798

“Honor,” Mai hisses. “Your understanding of it is as juvenile as my daughter’s. Lady Kensington, what do you truly know of honor? It is a reward for following a set of agreed-upon rules. Honor is given in exchange for loyalty, honesty, and fairness. Knights and kings are expected to behave honorably, and do you know what happens? Knights murder. Kings lie. They both betray, murder, cheat, steal and still their subjects kneel and declare the lot of them honorable. Their honor only matters in the light of day, when they meet and make nice and pretend what happens in the dark was not their doing.

“My sweet children,” Mai says, “Honor has never stopped an assassin’s blade. The world will kill you simply for who you are. Dragon-kin. A Terrorscale. This family’s honor is meaningless without the certainty of fire, death and terrible vengeance should it be slighted. My wings keep you safe from more than you know.

“Little fairy, if you were Salt’s chosen, if you asked it of her, would she turn my daughter to dust? Would my family’s honor stop her, should the mood strike her? If only I were just and noble, would she spare my daughter from her insanity? There are some forces my children have no hope against. Just as they are targets because I am their mother, only I can protect them with my own bloody vengeance.”

You are trying real hard not to freak out and worry about Mai staring RIGHT AT YOU right now so you hide deeper in Serah’s hair and say nothing. Plus you don’t want to tempt you-know-who right after Mai said her name.

“Lady Kensington,” Mai says, “All I have is my fire and my family. I would burn the world to keep them warm. I will not set the deadly precedent of forgiveness. The consequences would be far too great. And so…” Mai takes a deep breath. “My offer to you is death, fox. A swift and painless death.”

Dotti shrieks and hides behind Serah. Rae’s arm twitches toward Samhain’s sheath.

“Crackles, we talked about this!” Jekesson says, taken aback. “You said you’d go easy on her.”

“I am,” Mai says. “She won’t feel a thing.”

“Mom, no!” Jekster shouts. He hugs Dotti too. “You can’t!”

“I agree!” Cadmus speaks up. “Mother, killing this fox spirit is terribly hasty. You should do more research before making such a decision.”

“Caddy is right,” Kayk says. “Mom, don’t hurt them.”

“Stand aside, Jekster,” Mai says. “You as well, Lady Kensington, lest you be incinerated as well.”

Raelynn is staring hard at Mai. Sweat is running down her brow, and every muscle in her body is tense. Jekesson sees Rae instinctively moves between her and his wife.

“Mai,” Jekesson says. “Don’t do this. You are not the same dragon I met all those years ago. You’re better than her.”

Oh shittttttttttt you CANNOT get roasted by a dragon that is NOT COOL

What do you do?
1. Do nothing and trust that Serah has it under control
2. Summon Salt to try and tip the scales in your team’s favor
3. Suggest that Mai punish Dotti less severely than death; suggest a punishment
4. Other

>>
No. 1026803 ID: 094652

It doesn't take a psychologist to estimate Mai has P.T.S.D. and is taking it out on someone who could accidentally tear at her insecurities.

Insult her. Address how she manages to declare her race's superiority while simultaneously demanding extra security and deterrents to address absolute security. Her conservative nature is unbefitting of a city-conquering dragon.

"Hey Tanwen, how important was Honor to your mother again? I think this impostor just wants to roast a fox-au-fait in front of her nieces."
>>
No. 1026804 ID: 96c896

>>1026798
3, suggest that if Dotti has not made up for what she's done, she could do more. Further service in exchange for her life.
>>
No. 1026808 ID: 629f2e

4, Call in some unlikely support. What does Tanwen think about Mai's choice?

She's been quiet this whole chat, likely because she got a stern talking to already and is in a shit mood. Now that things are coming to a head though, she has an obligation to at least pick a side.

One of two things are true: Either honor doesn't mean shit, and everything she believes in is wrong; or her mom's fucking up big time and it's Tanwen's duty as an honorable warrior to do something about it.

Maybe she's not sure what to think right now. If her mom says Dotti burns, that should be it, right? But if Mai is really right, then why is literally everyone else in the family trying to stop her right now? Tanwen may not accept her siblings' reasons, but she WILL follow her father. And right now, Jekesson is begging Mai not to do this.

If Tanwen really believes in the principles she claims to, then it's her obligation to protect Dotti. The Terrorscale clan has no further qualm with the fox spirit who has by all accounts made amends, and Mai cannot strike her down just because she fears what sparing her will do to her reputation. That's just cowardly.

If Tanwen stands in Mai's way, I think that'll encourage her siblings to fully stand against their mother on this issue. Well Jekster's already holding onto her, so maybe he doesn't need convincing. But I'd wager that if Tanwen stood between Dotti and Mama Terrorscale, that others would follow suit. Fire resistance or not, I doubt she'll burn her own children.
>>
No. 1026814 ID: afe7de

>>1026803
>>1026808

I'm on these two posts side.

Personally I think this is Mai attempting to push for a growth point in Tanwen, for her to realize both the severity and the hipocracy of the situation. She wants to get Tanwen to either defend her perspective, or drop it since she doesen't like it as she wants her kids to become their own independent people (thus leaving the nest and forging their own path) we've heard as much from the other terrorscales.

I think you should push for Tanwen's response to this as we can be damn sure that if honor was this bad Mai would have beaten the notions out of Tanwen's head long ago.

That or, legitimately, this is an imposter, I don't buy it one bit, but it's still a low hanging possibility. I dont subscribe to.
>>
No. 1026885 ID: c92a02

B. Does she really want an answer to her question? No, it’s rhetorical. We don’t, either. And that’s why honor is an important tool in the balance of power.
>>
No. 1026901 ID: 6b31f4

I wish we were controlling Sera right now, because this situation requires tact and Landi.... Landi is Landi.

"Um, Lady Terrorscale, miss. I get you dread having a forgiving reputation. But you can't get a reputation without people who spreading.
And honestly? When the only two choices are secrecy or the smell of scorched fox fur on your face, silence really is golden."
>>
No. 1026903 ID: 6b31f4

Forgot to add my username to the post above, oops.
>>
No. 1026927 ID: 96c896

If she wants her reputation to protect her family then she should consider this: Dotti did what she did without knowing who Jek was. Her reputation would not have worked as a deterrent.

Sometimes bad things happen and there's nothing you could have done to prevent them.
>>
No. 1026990 ID: 8483cf
File 164801285194.png - (102.85KB , 720x720 , LF5 55.png )
1026990

Mai slips her massive claw between Dotti and Jekster, shoving her son aside over his shouted objections and a tiny tantrum, but he’s soon silenced by his mother’s low, throaty growl. Raelynn grips her shortsword’s hilt, but doesn’t draw it. She looks to Serah, and for the first time you’ve seen, she’s genuinely scared.

OKAY. Big scary dragon about to roast everyone. This was NOT supposed to happen. Serah said it wouldn’t, and she knows big scary dragons better than you do, right? Right? RIGHT?! This isn’t fair. It’s all Dotti’s fault!

Wait a minute…

Dotti actually did everything RIGHT. She fought Gecko and got her to drop the feud. That SHOULD have been the end of it. So as much as it might be easy to blame Dotti for this, she’s not to blame here.

This is all GECKO’S fault.

“HEY GECKO!” you shout at the top of your lungs, too terrified to do anything but follow your instincts. “You’re pretty fuckin’ quiet for a bitch that’s so big on honor! WHAT THE FUCK, GIRL?!”

“Landi, please be quiet,” Serah whispers, still holding Dotti tight. She looks up at Mai, fully expecting to be staring into a fiery maw, but to her surprise Mai hasn’t prepared to roast you. Yet.

Silence.

“Winnie,” Mai says quietly, “The fairy asked you a question.”

Tanwen does her absolute best to be absorbed by her sweater and fails miserably. She looks around and sees the entire lair looking back: her brothers and sisters, mother and father, and the “honored guests” her mother’s about to roast. She looks up at her mom, and Mai looks straight back at her. Tanwen can’t maintain the gaze for long and drops her eyes to the shimmering gold coins strewn on the ground.

“M-mom…” Tanwen rubs her arms. “Mom, if you were just going to kill her anyway, then… what’s the point?”

“To keep you safe,” Mai responds.

“Y-yes, but…” Tanwen shuffles her feet. “I meant to ask, um… what the point of honor was. If you were just going to kill Dotti even though I… I made her fight, and… everything… then… why does our family’s honor even matter?”

Does it matter?” Mai asks.

Tanwen looks to her father, but his back is turned to her. He’s watching Raelynn closely, his hand ready to go to his spear at the first sign of movement. Tanwen is on her own.

“I… I don’t know,” Tanwen says, her voice wavering. “But… Mom, if you kill Dotti, I won’t feel any safer.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know!” Tanwen shouts through barely-held tears. “Mom, just… d-don’t kill her. It doesn’t feel right, okay?! It just doesn’t!”

Mai lets out a long sigh, her hot breath blasting the four of you like a hurricane and you thank your lucky stars she has better control over her fire breath than Kayk.

“It seems you have turned my brood against me, fox,” Mai says, showing her teeth in a wicked smile. “Their hearts are soft like their father’s, easily swayed by tragic tales and sob stories based on what my sweet husband has told me. Tell me, fox, is your bond with this Petra girl stronger than the love I have for my children?”

“Yes!” Dotti declares, shoving her way out of Serah’s hug despite her warnings. “Petra is the nicest, kindest person in the world and she saved my life. I took fire in my mouth and danced with death for her, and I’ll do it again if I have to!”

“Dotti, don’t get carried away!” Serah says, but Dotti steps closer to Mai and growls.

“Such misplaced loyalty,” Mai says. “Humans are such untrusting creatures. You should run along back to your foxhole, tiny one. You do not understand the company you keep.”

“I don’t care, and I’ll find Petra no matter what,” Dotti says. “I won’t hide in a hole like a fox or a big mountain like a dragon. I’m done being alone. I have to go where the humans are and find Petra. She gave me this bow, and it’s proof that at there’s at least one human I understand that cares about me.”
>>
No. 1026991 ID: 8483cf
File 164801286601.png - (259.92KB , 720x720 , LF5 56.png )
1026991

“How trite. Alas, dear fox, your sad tale has moved even my hardened heart,” Mai says, grinning wide. She points at Dotti with a sharp claw. “Perhaps I shall even aid you in your quest. With my magic, it would be a simple task to find a simple human like her.”

“Really?!” Dotti asks, completely taken aback. “How?”

“Like this.”

Quick as a flash, Mai slashes a knot of Dotti’s curly hair and seizes Dotti’s pink-spotted bow for herself.

Dotti stands for a moment in stunned silence. She pats her head in disbelief.

Then she lets out an ungodly yowl and lunges straight for Mai.

“Dotti!” Serah leaps for her and barely catches her by the coat. Dotti pulls at Serah’s grip, snarling, snapping and tugging, but Serah holds her tight to keep her from attacking Mai. Dotti’s ear-shattering feral fox screams fill the cavern, followed by Serah’s own surprised cry as Dotti bites and claws at the arms restraining her.

Dotti holds nothing back. She’s fighting Serah just to get at Mai, damn the danger. It’d be hardcore if it wasn’t so fucking stupid and scary seeing her turn rabid.

“Dotti, please, stop!” Serah begs. Red blood is flowing around her bracers where Dotti got a few good bites in on her arms.

Rae looks from Serah, to Jekesson, to Mai, and she’s gone from scared, to confused, to frightened.

“Fascinating,” Mai says, examining Dotti’s bow. “Such a little thing, and yet so important. Go on, fox. Tell me, do you want it back? I’m happy to return it if it means so much to you.”

“Mai,” Jekesson says coldly, disapproval dripping from his tone.

“Why, dear, I’m just following young Cadmus’s advice and conducting research,” Mai says. “Go on, fox. Tell me. Would you like this back?”

Dotti snarls and snaps at Mai and tries to break free from Serah, but she has no luck. She looks up at Mai and bares her teeth… and then her eyes go wide.

“Most curious,” Mai says. “You’re unable to speak with your illusion magic, aren’t you? It’s quite out of your reach at the moment.”

Dotti screeches at Mai and struggles even harder.

“Such rudeness,” Mai laughs. “It’s almost as if you don’t want me to find your precious Petra.”

Dotti is boiling with rage, but the prospect of finding Petra is enough to slow her down.

You’ve been pretty quiet so far, but seeing Serah get torn up by Dotti’s biting and clawing is freaking you out.

What do you tell Dotti? Do you tell her to let Mai cast her spell and find Petra?
>>
No. 1026993 ID: e51896

Tell Dotti that her memory of Petra is FAR MORE important than a heirloom given to her from Petra, and that with how fierce she is being with trying to get her bow back, it just shows how much PASSION she has to keep her memory of her the strongest it's ever been! That alone should be something to be proud of! her memory is strong enough to not forget petra even after losing the bow.

And as such, if she wants that powerful memory of Petra to be more than just a memory and become a reality to be with her again, she should learn to let go, and let Mai work her magic.
>>
No. 1026994 ID: 629f2e

Okay, that is a step too far (I mean she also was literally about to kill her, but somehow this feels meaner). By all accounts, that bow is the most precious thing Dotti owns, and it's currently in the claws of a dragon who hates her guts.

Act fast, because Dotti will be inconsolable if it gets burnt.

Portal between her claws and swipe the bow back. Deliver it straight to Dotti to calm her down, and inform Mai that she's a total fucking bitch. If her grip is too strong, get creative. Hopefully the surprise will be enough to get it past the tips of her claws (she can't exert full force without damaging it, which she thankfully hasn't done yet)

If you're considering letting her find Petra for Dotti, consider the following: Even if Mai really will cast the spell, do you REALLY want this powerful dragon who hates Dotti with a passion to know where the most important person in her life is?
>>
No. 1026995 ID: 96c896

>>1026991
Tell her to focus. If she can't use illusion magic, try shapeshifting a working voicebox.
Also no don't ask Mai to cast a spell, as there's no reason for Mai to help us; she's either going to give us false information or claim to know the answer and then NOT tell Dotti, as revenge.
>>
No. 1026998 ID: afe7de

>>1026994
Seconding that, im on team -we absolutely do not want mai scanning for that-

Im still kind of floating on the theory that dotti inherited the soul of Petra, but if Petra's really in a real place you'll be able to figure it out.

Honestly I think portalling in and getting the bow back is actually a good bet for several reasons.

The first is that you're topped up on magic, the second is that everyone's in a moment of panic and you promised to be good to Dotti today. Just *letting this happen* doesent really fit your forte. You're scared, terrified even, and it might fail disasterously, but you'll be damned if someone fucks with you and your kind in this way, dragon or not. Plus you're already naked, so you cant really disrespect her more and could even respond to the inevitable "WHO DARES" with a "A NAKED FAIRY TIRED OF YOUR SHIT THAT'S WHO" Which would be very cathartic.

If you DON'T attempt to get it, you should probably be prepared for a "if you're an all powerful fairy why did you do nothing here" regardless of all the logical reasons why you shouldn't do this. Also you're just getting frustrated.

(please don't die Landi you gotta go mack on some Sunshine some more)
>>
No. 1027005 ID: 53560f

“Easy girl, wait til she reveals her intentions before you go rabid. For all you know she might have a spell to find petra using the bow so just play along with her stunt for now.”
>>
No. 1027054 ID: 03cf46

"Do you also not care about honesty and fairness? While destroying that bow might seem like an eye for an eye, you're punishing a dumb mistake with unreasonable cruelty. What makes you different from a king? That you don't play pretend?"
>>
No. 1027157 ID: 8483cf
File 164810372222.png - (123.15KB , 711x975 , LF5 57.png )
1027157

Dotti’s a terrible fox and deserves to be made fun of, but what Mai’s doing to her is just fucked UP.

Dotti LOVES that bow. You’ve NEVER seen her without it. It’s the only memento she has of Petra and she’s literally trying to tear her way through Serah to get it back.

Every instinct you have is telling you that letting Mai cast that locator spell is a capital-B-capital-I Bad Idea. Jekster was right: Mai is ten thousand times worse than Gecko, and giving her any bit of leverage over Dotti is going to backfire spectacularly. You remember just enough of your “making deals with unreliable and/or malevolent djinni 202” class to sense that Mai’s not bargaining in good faith here. Plus she’s got a lock of Dotti’s hair, and there’s all kinds of bad juju she can do with that.

Serah’s stopping Dotti from getting herself murdered and Rae’s blocked by Mai’s boy toy. You’re the only one that can stop this disaster. There’s no time to think, only act.

Luckily for Dotti, you NEVER take time to think.

You conjure a portal right next to Mai’s outstretched claws and reach through it. The expected drain on your mana is slight since you’re only passing your arms through. There! You’ve got the bow. Now to pull it back to safety and oh SHIT Mai’s grip is strong and suddenly you YOURSELF are being pulled through the portal because the portal isn’t moving but Mai’s claw is. You flap your wings as hard as you can but you’re losing the battle and OH NO YOU DON’T WANT TO RIDE THE PORTAL BUS

“What have we here?” Mai asks, dangling you by the bow in midair. “Could you explain your state of dress, little firefly?”

“Landi!” Serah shouts, realizing you’ve disappeared from her shoulder.

Dotti’s stopped fighting Serah and looks up at you with worry.

Mai’s big beady dragon eyes are looking at you and your bare ass and you know what? Fuck it.

“I’m no firefly,” you declare. “I’m Landi, and I’m naked ‘cause I never back down from a dare! Now give my pillow back her bow, you big red bully!”

You flap as hard as you can and pull that bow at just the right angle to slip it free, and… and… and… it’s still not moving.

Uh-oh.

“Are you holding on tight, little Landi?”

“Fuck yes I am!”

“Thank you.”

Mai lifts her claw to her nostril and you get the worst feeling in the world. There’s a great WHOOSH of air that sucks your hopes of being a badass with it… and taking every last pinch of your dust right up Mai’s nose.

“Ah,” the great dragon says, shuffling her wings excitedly. “I’ve forgotten how good a pick-me-up feels.”

Jekesson puts a hand to his forehead and mutters something under his breath.

Now you’re hanging ten meters off the ground, totally naked, totally dull.

“Now,” Mai says, “Could you repeat what you said earlier? I’m not sure I heard it clearly. You are quite small, after all.”

“Um, nothing important,” you say sheepishly. “Could you put me down, please, ma’am, thank you.”

“No, I don’t think I will,” Mai says with a smile. “This high up, no one can see you clearly, I imagine. I’m doing you a favor, keeping you up here.”

FUCK

You’re really high up and with no dust, it’s gonna be REAL HARD to make a soft landing with Dotti’s bow and hair. It’s like flying in molasses at the best of times, and you’ve got cargo. And EVERYONE IS FUCKING STARING AT YOUR ASS LIKE IDIOTS

What do you do?

A. Give her a piece of your mind! She’s a binch!
B. Ask again to be set down softly, thank you very much
C. Demand to be let go like a total badass, and trust that you can glide safely down
D. Other

>>
No. 1027158 ID: e51896

A

or

D: Swing and jump right on her snout, attempt to poke her eye afterwards
>>
No. 1027162 ID: 629f2e

First off: they're fucking lucky to be staring at your ass, it's great. Flaunt it, and stand tall as the queen of truth or dare!

Plus the list of people in this room who haven't seen it and might care is limited to Jek, Kayk, and maybe Gecko. Hunny don't give a fuck, Cadmus doesn't care because it isn't a book, Jekster is baby, and Dotti is more focused on the bow than the butt. On the three who care, if Jek checks you out then consider that a moral victory against Mai that her husband is staring at you over her, you've been staring at Kayk's butt plenty so this is just fair, and Gecko will surely only become saddened by how flat her ass is at the sight of your juicy booty. All in all, no reason to feel ashamed in present company.

A, Give this bitch a piece of your mind. You can start by complaining to Jek that he mislead y'all about the mega bitch you were dealing with. You came here to do her a favor, dropping off her husband and making ammends, and her response is to try and kill your fox and then bully her when it becomes clear she'd be abandoned by everyone if she went through.with it? Fucking disgusting.

May as well demand the tiara back to, because Mai isn't worth even a particle of the dust you spent making it. A powerful force of nature with absolutely zero worth to anyone other than herself, that's what she is. The best thing she'll do for the world is die and leave her fortune to her kids, all of whom will grow up to be better than her IN SPITE of having her for a mother.

Yeah, hold nothing back here. Goad her to the max. She's trying to be in control, toying with you because she knows it's all she can get away with given her family's feelings. Throw that shit right in her face and tell her to fuck off.

And at the end of your rant, make it clear that if she doesn't return this stupid bow that Dotti cares so much about, that you will get Salt to turn her kids' inheritance, all of Mai's treasure, to naught but salt and ash.
>>
No. 1027163 ID: 96c896

A. With the intent to annoy Mai enough she gets distracted from her plans to torment Dotti. Ruin the mood!
>>
No. 1027174 ID: fb7f57

Fly into her nostril and into her brain.
Mess with her neurons until she is nice.
>>
No. 1027184 ID: 094652

>Intel: Mai snorts dust
Ȉ̴̞͚n̶̝͐͠t̶̤̓e̶͇̋r̵͖̅͊e̵̛̳͑s̸͔̺͒ţ̶̛i̸̘͗̂ṇ̶͋̀͜g̶͚̑.̶̯̣͘.̵̠̺̿.̸̜̊

D) Just fall already. Square cube law says you taking maximum air-resistant fall damage hurts less than you getting hit by a beer mug.
>>
No. 1027242 ID: afe7de

>>1027162
Upvoting this because the idea is terrifying and also interesting
>>
No. 1027250 ID: 8483cf
File 164818792195.png - (36.95KB , 779x950 , LF5 58.png )
1027250

Ten meters up, out of dust and staring down a dragon is pretty terrible as far as things go. Also, you’re naked, and you’ve pretty sure you’ve had this nightmare before, in which case reality is really running out of ideas.

Maybe it’d be better to just curl up and let Serah handle this. You gave it your best shot, but sometimes your best isn’t good enough.

“Please accept my companion’s gift of fairy dust!” Serah calls out. “I hope it pleases Your Magnificence.”

“It does,” Mai replies warmly.

Good work, Serah. Always good at that ass-kissing, even though Mai’s ass is all ugly and scaly. Not like yours that Gecko is totally jealous of. You know what? Let ‘em look. Let ‘em look at the best ass they’re ever gonna see and WEEP at what they’re missing ‘cause as soon as you’re done here you are NEVER coming back.

“In that case,” Serah says, “may it please Your Magnificence to return Landi to the ground?”

“I would like to hear her say it, for herself,” Mai says. “She has been most discourteous.”

Oh that BITCH.

“Landi,” Serah says, “If you would please ask the Great Madam Terrorscale to let you down?”

You look up at Dotti’s bow and see not pink, but red.

“Yeah, sure, whatever,” you say. “I’d totally beg for your forgiveness if you hadn’t literally just said you’ll never ever forgive anyone. So you know what? No. No, I won’t! I’m not gonna get set down until I get Dotti’s bow back.”

The corner of Mai’s lip turns upwards in either a smile or a snarl and you don’t care which it is ‘cause you are just that pissed.

“Hey, Jek!” you shout. “What’s the big idea, huh? You led Dotti here just to get beat up by your idiot daughter and tormented by your bitch wife! Some paladin you are!”

“Landi!” Serah gasps. Rae recoils in horror and Taranis flaps his wings wildly.

“Yeah, that’s right!” you tell Mai. “You’re a heartless bitch, you know that? No one’s ever gonna do you any favors ever again when this gets out. Dotti came all this way just to make things right, and you’re treating her like week-old shit! You don’t deserve respect or tribute. In fact, I’ve got half a mind to take that tiara back, and if you don’t stop being such a giant asshole to Dotti I’ll tell my patron Djinn that there’s a big ol’ pile of gold that’s just begging to get turned into teeny tiny grains of SALT! Sooner or later someone’s gonna come along and give you what you deserve, so what’ll you leave to your kids THEN, huh? They’re just gonna have to deal with the fact that their mom’s a giant, ugly, heartless red CUNT!”

The air whips and whirls around you, and you find yourself flying through the air as Mai moves you and deposits you straight into a glass prison. Before you know what’s happened, you’re stuck inside a lantern, your ears are ringing, and the door slams shut.

“Winnie,” Mai’s voice echoes in the glass cage. “Please do give the lantern a shake if this impudent pixie cannot control herself.”

“WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!” you scream. Gecko looks up at Mai, who nods, and all of a sudden you’re being bashed against the wall of the lantern. There’s some angry voices you can’t quite make out, but when your ears stop ringing, you can hear Mai speaking again.

“I understand that guests are due a certain amount of courtesy, my love, but this is what happens when I don’t put my foot down earlier,” Mai says. “We can discuss this later.”

“After you return the bow,” Jekesson says. “And then we talk.”

“The bow? Ah,” Mai says. “I’d forgotten all about it. Here. Take the bow, fox. Do keep a hold on that lock of hair. I won’t have a single strand of it dirty my hoard.”

“Thank you, Your Magnificence,” Serah says.

You’re about to make another smart remark, but Gecko is still holding your lantern and frankly you like your brains where they are. Serah sees your predicament, the good girl, and speaks up like the awesome leader she is.

“If I may,” Serah says, “My companion has behaved discourteously, yes, but she is my responsibility. I ask that you not burden your family with the task of ensuring her civility.”

Mai nods to Gecko. She sighs and walks forward with the lantern.

Who do you direct Gecko to give the lantern to, and what do you tell them to do to cover you up?
1. Serah
2. Dotti
3. Raelynn
4. Taranis

>>
No. 1027253 ID: 629f2e

1, Give the lantern to Serah, as then you'll be close enough to speak to her about whatever is going on. For cover, well, Mai DID just say not to let any of the hair that she came off with Dotti's bow litter her floor, so you may as well put it to use. Have Serah pass it to you, and press it against the glass as makeshift censor bars for your bits.
>>
No. 1027255 ID: 96c896

1. You are her responsibility.

Let them cover the lantern in cloth of some sort.
>>
No. 1027256 ID: e51896

2. Dotti. Tell her she was right to be mad. Start quietly scheming a revenge plot with her

or

4. Have him fly you far enough away from everyone...

Oh, and tell someone to cover Jekster's eyes plz.
>>
No. 1027258 ID: c92a02

Serah. Got any mana potions left? If not, just cover Landi up with a hand, by holding her.
>>
No. 1027259 ID: afe7de

4. Be pissed and sulk and fly off with Taranis, wheeeeeeeeeeee.
>>
No. 1027269 ID: 10a721

Raelynn. She is the most responsible one.

And what to say? I don't know, something so asinine it makes other people's brain start growing extra neurons to avoid becoming like you. As usual.
>>
No. 1027819 ID: 8483cf
File 164878688262.png - (2.65MB , 1500x1500 , LF5 59.png )
1027819

You don’t trust Dotti with the lantern. Raelynn probably wouldn’t cover you up. Taranis has admitted to crushing on fairies, which means he is ABSOLUTELY not getting a front-row seat. If there’s anyone here that’s gonna stand up for your decency and NOT give you a hard time, it’s Serah.

You motion for Gecko to go to Serah, and thankfully she shield your lantern from Jekster’s little brother eyes. You can’t go about setting unrealistic standards of fairy butt in such an impressionable half-dragon. That’s just not fair to other fairies.

Serah quickly takes ahold of your lantern. She’s already gotten a mana potion out, and she moves to open the lantern to give it to you, but Mai gives a tut, tut.

“If that fairy should leave her lantern, she should not do so in my presence,” Mai says with a pronounced sniff. “It’s for her own safety. My breath is very strong; she might lose her dust a second time by an unfortunate accident.”

“Yes, it would be safest for her to stay in the lantern,” Serah says, deferring to Mai. “But Your Magnificence, how am I to, ah, use the lantern if there’s no glowing fairy inside?”

“Look closely, Lady Kensington,” Mai smiles.

You both examine the lantern, and to your shock, there’s a reservoir for liquid not at the bottom of the case, but at the top. What kind of lantern gets fueled from the top? It’s almost like the lantern is designed to “fuel” something fairy-sized…

Serah nearly drops the lantern when she realizes that yes, Mai has very likely used this lantern before, and for probably the very same reason she is now. She recovers quickly, though, and she pours the reservoir full of mana, then pushes a button to pump a tiny fountain for you to drink from. It’s messy, and the potion drips down your chest… probably by design. You’d be scorching mad if you weren’t so focused on topping off, and thankfully you get a bit of your glow back.

“Oh, don’t be so dramatic,” Mai says, noticing Serah’s reaction. “I assure you, the previous occupants were honored guests at a most exquisite party.”

“Your bachelorette party, you mean.” Jek rubs his eyes. “Mai, I will say that Landi is as well-behaved and quiet now as she is likely to get.”

“Very well,” Mai says. “Lady Kensington, I must say that the good behavior of your retinue is hard-won indeed. Neither your fairy nor your fox are welcome to return, and shall leave on the morrow. If I see them again on this mountain… their welcome will not be kind.”

“As you wish,” Serah says. “They shall both depart, appropriately chastened and humbled, their business concluded, never to return, and speak of Your Magnificence’s watchfulness over your family and terrible vengeance awaiting those who threaten it.”

Mai nods.

Jek has the oddest expression on his face, almost like a cross between a grimace, a smile and deep confusion, but he shakes it off. Jekster isn’t able to keep a grin off his face, though, ‘cause his mom just let you and Dotti off the hook. She was a complete bitch about it, but really, you’re not going to complain about getting to insult a dragon to her face and live to tell about it. Even if everyone saw your ass.

“They may also speak of my family’s great generosity and hospitality… as well as our excellent fashion sense.” She pats Hunny on the head. “Those are very handsome pants.”

“Thanks, Mom!” Hunny hitches up his godmother-magic’d pants proudly. “If only I knew what they were called.”

“They’re Landsknecht pants,” Cadmus says. “Pants are very fashionable these days.”

“They’re Landi sknecht,” you mutter under your breath, but nobody hears.
>>
No. 1027820 ID: 8483cf
File 164878693062.png - (2.70MB , 1500x1500 , LF5 60.png )
1027820

With Kayk’s help, Dotti ties her precious bow back in place. She’s upset and rattled, but in one piece, and still holding one paw to her bow. Jek shakes his head at the sight.

“My lovely and most certainly NOT merciful wife,” Jek says, “Shall I escort our guests downstairs?”

“No,” Mai says. “Let them gaze upon my terrible beauty for just a little longer. Why, this fox is positively quaking in her boots- surely”

“They already know how beautiful you are,” Jek says. He motions to Raelynn to move her hand away from her blade’s sheath, and she complies, if reluctantly. “What if you show them a glimpse of your power instead?”

“Just a glimpse,” Mai smiles. “So they may know how utterly outmatched they are. Especially the one quaking in terror. Yes, you, elf. No need to worry… I won’t bite!”

Mai stands up, flares her frill, gives a great yawn, stretches her legs out long, arches her back… and with shocking grace and speed, launches herself through the air towards the party. There’s no time to even scream before she’s on top of you.

But… you’re still alive. How are you still alive?

You look out from between your wings and see that Mas has somehow, in the split second between launching herself airborne and hitting you, she shapeshifted into a… a…

She’s a cute, cuddly poodle-sized dragon. Her tail frill and blade are gone, giving her a softer look, and she’s giving Jek the smuggest snuggle in the history of the universe.

Raelynn is so pale she looks like she’s had three heart attacks in a row. Taranis circles down, lands on her shoulder and snuggles the petrified elf’s neck.

Dotti’s sniffing the air, ears back, both curious and deeply suspicious.

“That’ll show them, won’t it, dear?” Mai says.

“That was very restrained, but very scary,” Jek says, and the praise washes over Mai with a wide smile. “They’ll know not to mess with you, and you were very civil. Thank you.”

Mai lets the praise wash over her and gives him another smuggle.

Dotti looks up at Serah. Serah shakes her head no to whatever she’s thinking. No matter how powerful a shapeshifter Mai is, or even if she can find Petra, she’s not worth making a deal with. Even if she’s kinda cute with Jek like that.

Serah gives a deep one-handed curtsy, making sure to stow your lantern behind her so you don’t mess anything up. Smart girl.

“Your power is fearsome and… uh… very beautiful,” Serah says, struggling to use any word but cute. “With your permission, I would take my leave, with my attendants as well.”

“You may,” Mai says, and Jek gives a sigh of relief. Without a further word, you all practically race for the exit.

YOU FUCKING MADE IT OUT ALIVE HOLY SHIT. You want to celebrate, but frankly you don’t want to drink any of Mai’s wine. She’s made it clear you gotta GTFO tomorrow. It’s a long trip ahead, but the sooner you leave, the better.

As you descend the stairwell, though, you catch a glimpse of a Terrorscale’s terrible scales behind you. You’re being followed.

Are they angry? Happy? Embarrassed by their mother’s behavior? All three? Doesn’t matter, you’d better announce their presence, because Rae actually DOESN’T seem like she’s aware of them because that girl is fuckin’ SHELL SHOCKED.

WHICH TERRORSCALE KID IS FOLLOWING YOU? WHOEVER IT IS, THEY MIGHT STICK AROUND…

1. Jekster
2. Tanwen
3. Hunny
4. Cadmus
5. Kayk


The Terrorscale you vote for has resolved to join your party as a permanent member and will fight at Lady Kensington’s side. All Terrorscale kids have a potential motivation to go with Serah.
>>
No. 1027821 ID: c92a02

Tanwen or Kayk.
>>
No. 1027838 ID: 629f2e

Rule the obvious out of the way first. Jekster is great, I fucking love Jekster, but he's also a child. Jekster isn't a fighter, nor is he aiming to be one when he grows, so bringing him with us would basically end up as a babysitting mission. Again, I love Jekster, but he really has the least motive to come despite getting along with the party better than anyone else. Ironic, ain't it?

Then there's Hunny. He's lazy. I still really like Hunny, but I don't think his dynamic with the group will really change much in the threads that follow. He's good at transformations, which will help Dotti, and he's an easy guy to get along with. That doesn't make for as compelling conflict.

Cadmus is the most neutral option available imo. I could see him wanting to stick by the party to monitor Dotti's growth out of curiosity. There's potential for him to butt heads with the others with his mild air of superiority and obnoxious curiosity. He would make a fine addition, but I feel that there are two who would be better.

Those two are Kayk and Tanwen, and I'm gonna run through my arguments for both and then end this with which one I picked and why. I'll warn you now, the deciding factor will be stupid and disappointing, but hopefully the rest of my points will make up for it.

Let's start with Gecko, because I think the case for her is stronger. To put it simply, Gecko is basically already a member of the party, in that she is a dysfunctional strong hot woman.

Gecko should join the party because that will make for the best drama. She's bullheaded, doesn't get along well with half the party, and has major personal grievances with at least one member (Dotti). Bringing her in will give her a greater chance to move past these faults, and develop into a more well-rounded warrior.

Plus, she wants to fight! Gecko is literally the only Terrorscale child who is actively pursuing a combat-centric lifestyle. Why wouldn't she join an adventuring party, her motivation is the most evident out of everyone present. Her motivation is intrinsic, whereas every other member's is extrinsic. Cadmus would come because he wants to study Dotti, Jekster would come to pal around with people he considers friends, but Gecko joins the adventuring party because she wants to adventure. She adventures for the sake of adventuring. No matter where the story progresses, this gives Gecko a clear reason to stay with the group, and lowers the odds that some other story arc might drag her away and take her out of the story.

And finally, Gecko just has fun interactions with the group. She's a rival to Rae, a rambunctious kid to Serah, a hated foe to Dotti, and a bitch who is fun to mess with to Landi. We would be remiss to lose out on these.

Now let's move on to Kayk, the baker. Now I'm definitely biased because I submitted Kayk, but I think there are real advantages to bringing her that are worth considering.

For starters, it gives an easy answer to a question raised in this thread. Cadmus asked what Dotti would do for work, and taking Kayk along provides an answer. Part-time waitress at her bakery (presuming Serah's willing to fork over that Kensington cash to help her get a new one). It'll be easier for Dotti to work under a friend than a stranger, someone who understands her faults and can be patient with her mistakes. So if we bring Kayk along, we open up a nice new story arc for Dotti's growth.

Now it's a little less evident why Kayk would take to the battlefield with the party, Gecko definitely wins on motive there. But she gets a pretty obvious reason once again if Serah forks over the cash for her bakery. We scratch her back, she scratches ours back.

As for party dynamics, Kayk is one of the more reserved Terrorscales. Whereas Gecko plays into the chaos, I think Kayk helps balance the party out by providing a voice of calm that's been previously only held by Raelynn. She's not without emotion, the fact that she took all night + some convincing from Jek to forgive Dotti shows that clearly. She's just more soft-spoken about them. It's an interesting addition imo, one that'll put her in her own position amongst the group.

Frankly, Kayk and Tanwen both have compelling reasons to bring them into the group on a more permanent basis, and I hope we can get both on at least a temporary basis if nothing else.

If I have to pick one though, it'll be Kayk, because she's got a nice fat butt. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
>>
No. 1027839 ID: e51896

Tanwen would be funny to have in the team.
>>
No. 1027852 ID: afe7de

I'm going to vote Kayk because I want the party to have a chef and I wanna see a scene later of Kayk teaching dotti how to cook because I think its cute. My vote is also that bc I think if the composition is like this then the future adventure will lean on party dynamics more than the Tanwen pick which will lead towards combat.

At least that's how I feel about the pick. Though the Jekster pick could mean comedy and Cadmus could mean more sciencey? It's a tough call. But food currently wins my heart
>>
No. 1028131 ID: 8483cf
File 164896180866.png - (19.53KB , 288x288 , LF5 61.png )
1028131

“Hey! Sweetcakes! We can see you,” you call out.

Kayk, the soft-spoken baker, businessowner and building-burner, is not very good at stealth. She’s certainly trying her best to be sneaky and silent, but her generousness is getting in the way whenever she tries to hide behind the curve of the stairwell. She slinks around the curve ashamedly.

Raelynn snaps to attention and tenses for a moment, but she lets it go with a sigh. Crisis averted thanks to you!

“Kayk?” Serah considers her for a moment. “Ah… thank you for standing up for Dotti. She’s free to go, thanks to you and your siblings.”

“Um,” Kayk shuffles her feet. “Thank you. But… didn’t you say it had taken you two months to get here?”

“Yes,” Serah says, “Which is why we will need to leave as soon as possible to catch a caravan. We wouldn’t dream of taking advantage of your hospitality- your mother made her expectations clear.”

“My mother…” Kayk sighs. “This isn’t about that. It’s just… Dotti, Dad told me about Petra. I don’t want you to take a long trip back.”

“Well, I have to,” Dotti says. She looks up at Serah. “Right now I just want to get out of here.”

“Are you offering help, Kayk?” Serah asks. “A faster way?”

Kayk nods. “Very fast.”

“That’s very generous of you,” Serah says with a wide smile. “When you have a minute, let me talk to you about how I might repay you. You said you had trouble with fire insurance? I think I know a few people…”

Kayk has joined the party! She’s not a fighter, but she’s the best Terrorscale at flying the party around in her dragon form.

From that point everything is a whirlwind. Everyone packing, Jekster bursting in excitedly announcing a family vacation, Hunny shoving food at everyone, Cadmus scribbling notes on persons and places to contact for pen pal purposes, and a dead tired sleep before departing the next morning. You see a glimpse of Kayk talking with Gecko and can’t quite make out what they’re saying but it is definitely one of those talks.

You use a favor to get Dotti to give you back the Lucky Panties. They seem to have done her a lot of good here, but at what cost to how tolerable it’ll be to live with Dotti now that she’s faced down a dragon?

You get let out of your lantern by Jek, who apologizes profusely for how things went, but the one good thing that’s come out of it is that Mai considers Dotti and your accounts closed. You’ve lost your Lair privileges, and that’s as far as it goes. Dotti’s safe, which you’re only modestly happy about. It’s pretty meh as far as that goes. You listen to him prattle on about how the Terrorscale family is taking a family vacation to spend time with Dad, and they’ll pass through Minga to meet up with Kayk later.

None of that matters, though.

What actually matters is that you’re still the queen of Truth or Dare.

END OF THREAD 5: Lazy Fairy in the Dragon’s Lair
>>
No. 1028132 ID: 8483cf
File 164896186133.png - (204.12KB , 852x897 , LFT5 Title.png )
1028132

There will be a short time skip to get back to Minga in between Thread 5 and Thread 6. Human Quest takes place during this time skip.

Who Will be the POV of the Next Thread? RANK YOUR CHOICES.

A. Moonshine, a.k.a. Landi, a Fairy
>-Genre: Dating Sim focusing on Djinni, complete with affection meters.
>-Notes: Landi’s personal story will take a backseat to focus on other party members.


B. Lady Serah Kensington, Heir Countess of Kensington, a Human Alchemist
>-Genre: Political intrigue, like Game of Thrones but dumber
>-Notes: Focus is on worldbuilding and politics. You will be responsible for coordinating the search for Petra.


C. Dorothea, a.k.a. Dotti, a Fox Spirit
>-Genre: Slice of Life / Comedy
>-Notes: Focus is on Dotti getting a job as well as doing things on her list of Things Humans Do.


D. Raelynn, a Wood Elf Ranger
>-Genre: Open World Hunting Simulator
>-Notes: Focuses on Raelynn’s family issues and the Druidic Circle attracting malevolent spirits. This is the least social option.


E. Taranis, a Stormcrow
>-Genre: Lightning Bird Solid: Tactical Collect-A-Thon Stealth Looter Action
>-Notes: A silly thread about stealing shiny things and underwear. This is the worst option.


F. Kayk Terrorscale, a Half-dragon Baker
>-Genre: Cookie Clicker Dotti Management Resource Simulator 2022
>-Notes: Light resource management elements, but focus is still on inter-party relationships. Also you get to be Dotti’s boss.


---
Thread will remain open for one week to count votes. Remember to rank your choices!
>>
No. 1028134 ID: e51896

my top two picks are E and F because they are characters we haven't played yet.

1. E
2. F
3. B
4. C
5. A
6. D
>>
No. 1028135 ID: c92a02

F>B>E>A>C>D
>>
No. 1028136 ID: d98cb8

Obviously the superior choice is Dotti, but I'll rank because some people's opinions will be wrong~

:momotalk:

C - Dotti

F - Kayk (because that's just managing Dotti)

A - Landi (dating sims are fun)

B - Serah

D - Raelynn

E - Taranis
>>
No. 1028137 ID: 894419

>>1028132
F. Kayk!
>>
No. 1028140 ID: 629f2e

LET'S RANK THIS SHIT:

1: C, Dotti thread! She's gonna need some support after all she's been through.

2: F, Also a nice and rather lighthearted thread, and we'd still be in a position to help Dotti with her new struggles in gaining societal acceptance.

3: E, Fuck it, it's stupid fun. Bird up!

4: B, Serah! It's been so long since we've been Serah, we're talking like, three whole threads! Since this one was so Dotti/Landi heavy, it seems fair to shift focus back to her arc for a while.

5: A, Landi will give us a nice overview of what everyone is up to, which is nice. But also, we were JUST Landi, so repeating that choice is lame.

6: D, We were JUST Raelynn a thread ago, I'm not really ready for more. Especially not if she'll mostly be doing her own thing like an asocial dork. Honestly, I'm just really not up for a dramatic thread after this one, would rather just deal with lighter conflicts and give the party a break
>>
No. 1028142 ID: e5709d

C
>>
No. 1028147 ID: afe7de

1. E
2. F
3. C
4. A
5. B
6. D
>>
No. 1028155 ID: 96c896

E
F
D
>>
No. 1028209 ID: 9512c4

B
C
F


Delete post []
Password