[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 163159423994.png - (4.52KB , 800x600 , 0.png )
1010505 No. 1010505 ID: 15a025

43 posts omitted. Last 50 shown. Expand all images
>>
No. 1012647 ID: 15a025
File 163375819962.png - (6.41KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
1012647

>The shirts are fine. In that case, what you see is what you get. The CDs, however... is there any way to tell for sure what music is on them?
>the rest of the merch isn't your problem. Get the money though, all of that. And one CD, for the memories.

Lana: "Shirts can go but the CDs are getting dumped. No-one can really tells what's on them until they pop'em in a CD player. For all I know, you're selling crappy live recordings of one of their concerts."

Pangolin: "Fair enough."

He hands me a tin with quite the wad of cash in it. I grab the CDs from the knocked over stand and take them with me to throw out later. Maybe keep one for myself to hear how bad the audio on these things are.
>>
No. 1012648 ID: 15a025
File 163375826112.png - (6.63KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
1012648

When I get back to the front, I see the line hasn't moved at all.

Lana: "I thought we were making a second line for the people that jipped on fake tickets?"

Virgil: "They-"

Sheep: "I ain't moving till I get my money back or I get let in."

Lana: "You want your money back, then step aside and make a second line! I managed to get your money back from those con-artists. Virgil, you're in charge in issuing refunds now. I'll handle the front door."

Virgil: "How much were the fake tickets?"

Sheep: "Seventy-five notes!"

Orange Cat: "Seventy-five? You got ripped off by the rip offs then, I only had to pay forty-five for mine."

Lana: "I did see a forty-five painted on their stand too. Where's the extra thirty coming?"

Sheep: "I paid extra for front row."

Ah shit, is everyone going to start saying this for a bigger refund or-

Virgil: "Seems to check out, her ticket has that price and front row printed on it. Cat's ticket says forty-five."

Lana: "Good catch, I guess? Let's hopes there's enough money in there then to give out refunds to everyone."

With that ordeal taken care of I get back to checking tickets and apologizing for the delay. The band concert ends up starting before everyone can get in, but I hear from Kaari the band promises to hold a little encore of their first few songs so everyone still gets the full concert experience. Once the line's taken care of, I get to head in and wash up a little and head over to see Kaari at the bar.
>>
No. 1012649 ID: 15a025
File 163375833093.png - (5.42KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
1012649

I sit down and I see her sneak in a little smile.
Kaari: "I'm glad we can finally sit down and share a break."

Lana: "Yeah, same. I had to boot some rip offs selling fake tickets. One of them spit tobacco in my face."

Kaari: "Aw gross! I hope you socked 'em good."

Lana: "You bet I did. Knocked him and his little stand over."

I look back over at Kaari and she seems kinda down.

Kaari: "Wish I could deck jerks in the face like you can...

Lana: "Why? Run into a couple jerks tonight?"

She lets out a sigh and slumps her head onto the bar.

Kaari: "No short supply of them tonight. I've got like, no tips at all either."

Lana: "None at all?"

Kaari: "Okay, not none at all,I made like, five notes worth the tips tonight."

Lana: "That's it? We sold like two-hundred seats!"

Kaari: "Ugh, don't tell me the numbers. "I just wanna drop but I can't."
>>
No. 1012650 ID: 15a025
File 163375837563.png - (5.35KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
1012650

Lana: "Did...something specific happen tonight? Is there some jackass I gotta give an express ride to the back dumpster?"

Kaari: "No, just. Everything weighing me down tonight. Sucking like a bendy straw at my job, no one cared enough to come help. Can't get tips. Everyone's got something to complain about tonight. Service too slow, wrong drink, wrong this, wrong that, just. UGH!"

There's no way I can let my poor bun keep working like this, I gotta help her de-stress while we're on break. Everyone's in the concert room right now for another hour and Virgil's took over security for that, for now. We pretty much have the whole bar area to ourselves, how should we spend our break?
>>
No. 1012668 ID: 50af53

Well, tonight's awful and ones like these don't usually get better so getting your minds, or at least her mind, off it might help. Offer to do something with her tomorrow maybe? Talk about something to look forward to. Give her head or shoulders a rub if you feel it won't make her uncomfortable.
>>
No. 1012708 ID: 894419

>>1012650
Offer a neck rub and talk on break, maybe one beer on the job wouldn't hurt.
>>
No. 1013008 ID: 15a025
File 163442686763.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
1013008

>Give her head or shoulders a rub if you feel it won't make her uncomfortable.
>Offer a neck rub and talk on break, maybe one beer on the job wouldn't hurt.
Lana: "Want some head and ear rubs."
I hear her give a sigh of relief.

Kaari: "Work these poor ears back into shape."

She plants her head on the bar and flops her ears over closer to me. I start gently rubbing them.

>Well, tonight's awful and ones like these don't usually get better so getting your minds, or at least her mind, off it might help. Offer to do something with her tomorrow maybe? Talk about something to look forward to.
Lana: "Maybe we could make tomorrow movie night?"

Kaari: "Your treat?"

Lana: "Sure! You can even pick what movies to rent."

Kaari: "Yeah! Be nice to watch something that isn't a fuzzed up VHS."

Lana: "Oh? Who said I was springing extra for DVDs?"

She giggles a little.
Kaari: "The big cat with a DVD player."

Lana: "Yeah we can rent some DVDs. I don't wanna risk the VCR eating another tape."

There's a pause in the conversation, so I go back to rubbing her big ol ears. They're so nice and soft.
>>
No. 1013009 ID: 15a025
File 163442689216.png - (6.00KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
1013009

I get lost in the moment and go on massaging and petting her fur for most of our break till the band's roadie hops over for a drink.

Roadie: "Hey girls, can I get a screwdriver?"

Lana: "Did something break?"

That gets a chuckle out of him.

Roadie: "No, I mean the drink. I wanna un-wind a little before I gotta clean up after the concert."
Lana: "Sure. Kaari can-"

I'm cut off by her snoring. Guess that massage relaxed her a bit more than I thought it would? Should I wake her up, or handle this myself?
>>
No. 1013011 ID: 96c896

Don't do somebody else's job, that just complicates things. Wake her up.
>>
No. 1013021 ID: 08227f

I guess it depends if you think you can do it on your own? She seems to be having a rough time, so giving her a little break from the work won't be so bad.
>>
No. 1013037 ID: 894419

>>1013021
Basically this, if its reasonable to pull this off solo, do so. Otherwise, gently shake her awake.
>>
No. 1013049 ID: dfbac0

The Roadie doesn't seem to be the type to be picky about his drinks and you can probably make an alright screwdriver even if it won't be as good as Kaari can make it.
Besides, waking Kaari now with a task to do would only increase her stress, let her rest for now and carefully nudge her awake when there's nobody at the bar wanting to order a drink.
>>
No. 1013155 ID: b5c538

If you make the drink and he's still got to pay, just make sure it's on you in case it's not up to his standards.
>>
No. 1013522 ID: 15a025
File 163505193038.png - (5.61KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
1013522

>I guess it depends if you think you can do it on your own? She seems to be having a rough time, so giving her a little break from the work won't be so bad.
>waking Kaari now with a task to do would only increase her stress, let her rest for now and carefully nudge her awake when there's nobody at the bar wanting to order a drink.
>Basically this, if its reasonable to pull this off solo, do so.

Lana: "Actually I can handle it. I'm no expert but it's simple enough that I can handle."

Roadie: "Heh, letting your friend there sleep on the job?"

Lana: "I think she's earned a little break."

I'm thankful when I open the fridge and find we've got orange juice for the drink. I was worried for a second we might not have had any.

Lana: "Speaking of work, what's it like traveling with a band?"

Roadie: "It's like driving around with the radio stuck on the same station. Only music I get to hear, is pretty much what the band's practicing."

I get one of the measuring things and pour some vodka in it, then dump it in the glass of ice. After that I fill it up with some orange juice. He takes his drink and hands over one of the band's free drink tokens.

Roadie: "You a fan yourself?"

Lana: "Hell yeah. I was a little excited to be working this night honestly. Our staffing issue kinda soured that mood though."

Roadie: "It happens. Heh, man the band would be really screwed if they were short 'staved' themselves."

Lana: "I can't imagine trying to cover for a missing band member."

Roadie: "Yeah...Try imagining covering their bills."

Lana: "Huh?"

Roadie: "Uh, nothing..."
>>
No. 1013523 ID: 15a025
File 163505212047.png - (5.58KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
1013523

There's an awkward silence after that for a bit. The roadie takes few sips out of his drink. Might be good, since Kaari's sleep-

Roadie: "So...you just security here or you do other kinda work?"

Lana: "Mainly security, but I'm a little bit of a repair gal myself too. Rocking the college life when I'm not here, trying to learn more about electronics and fixing stuff."

Roadie: "Quite the skill set then, brains and muscles?"

He hands me a card and looks at me kinda nervously.

Roadie: "Could uh... really use that ourselves if you're interested. Case you wanna move up a paygrade and do some traveling."

Lana: "That sounds like it'd be fun, but I'm kinda anchored here in town for now. Family and classes to take care of."

Roadie: "You're married?"

I laugh a little at that.

Lana: "Haha, no. I live on my own mostly, but the rest of my family relies on me for a little extra income support. Not having much money growing up is kinda what got me into fixing electronics. Stuff was always bustin or going up in smoke and we just had to go without. Now that I'm in college and can learn, my mom and sister are always asking me for some help fixing something."
>>
No. 1013524 ID: 15a025
File 163505235150.png - (6.29KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
1013524

Concert must be wrapping up here soon, I can hear some cheering and some louder guitar blasts. Or wait, is there screaming too?

Virgil busts out into the bar and the loud concert music and fans blast into my ears.

Virgil: "Someone get a fire extinguisher!"

Kaari jolts back to life with the rest of us and starts freaking out a little.

Kaari: "Aah! Wh-what happened?"

The music starts to stop, the drummer being the last to slow down and stop.

Virgil: "Amp or something went up in smoke and now it's starting to spark and flame up!"

Shit. If one thing on that line is spitting sparks and flames, we need to cut power to that line too before something else gets affected or lights on fire! Question is, how should I split up group and tasks here? I know at least with Kaari and Virgil, we're all trained on putting out small fires.
>>
No. 1013525 ID: 96c896

You stay behind to guard the cash register. I'd put even odds on this being retaliation or a distraction so someone can come in and rob the place, considering you just chased off some ruffians.

Kaari can get the extinguisher, Virgil can cut the power. Ask Lana to help, since she's trained for repair.
>>
No. 1013527 ID: 15a025

>>1013525
I am a little a confused reading this one, could you clarify? The way I'm reading it, do you want Lana to watch the register, but also help with cutting the power?
>>
No. 1013528 ID: 894419

>>1013524
Kaari stays here, tell virgil where to find the extinguisher, he should deal with the fire. You know the building best so you go cut the power
>>
No. 1014892 ID: 15a025
File 163670151372.gif - (214.06KB , 800x600 , 29.gif )
1014892

>Kaari stays here, tell virgil where to find the extinguisher, he should deal with the fire. You know the building best so you go cut the power
Lana: "Kaari, stay here. Virgil, there should be a fire extinguisher behind the stage curtains and one mounted on the wall in the break room."

He charges off for the break room.

>I'd put even odds on this being retaliation or a distraction so someone can come in and rob the place, considering you just chased off some ruffians.
Shoot, if this is a robbery attempt I don't want Kaari stuck here alone. Last thing she needs tonight is to deal with robbers.
Lana: "Roadie dude. Can you stick down here and help Kaari watch the front while I go cut the power from the stage?"

Roadie: "Yeah sure! Just hurry before something else happens!"

Right, fire!
>>
No. 1014893 ID: 15a025
File 163670152766.png - (5.93KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
1014893

I make my way to the upstairs security room and open up the fuse box. Nothing's hot or smoking up inside, so that's good. I get some electrical gloves on just to be safe and start safely unscrewing the fuse. Virgil's lucky things are wired up where the lights are on a separate fuse.
>>
No. 1014894 ID: 15a025
File 163670160330.png - (6.80KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
1014894

With that taken care of, I head back downstairs to help Virgil clean up after the fire.

Lana: "How you holding up Virgil? You still got all your feathers?"
I look around but I don't see anyone in here?

Lana: "Virgil? Hey Virgil you in here?!"
I get up on the stage and see the fire's been put out at least. Then someone else walks up on stage.

???: "If you're looking for the bird man, he went to get a broom and pan. Try to watch your step by the way."

Lana: "Ah, did something break?"

???: "Yeah. Lil after our amp started spitting heat, 'Tay musta freaked out and knocked over a light or something. Busted up bulb on the ground."

Lana: "Oh! You're-"

Band member: "Yup, the guitarist for The Blood Soaked Hecklers. Name's Allinen."

Lana: "Nice to meet you Allinen. I'm actually a little bit of a fan of your band's stuff."

Allinen: "Sounds like you got good taste in music then."

Lana: "Pretty much anything rock, punk, and metal I'll like. So what are you doing up here on stage?"

She looks a little upset and goes on a little bit of a diatribe.
Allinen: "Well, course I'm stuck playing the clean up solo while the other two decided to get hammered. You know, 'Oh shit, our stuff caught on fire! Let's ignore the fact we might not have safe equipment to play tomorrow's gig with and get drunk instead!'"

She lets out a sigh.

Allinen: "Sorry for unloading all that on ya. I'm kinda just at a loss on what to do here. I was hoping to just chill out tonight's show, but someone has to be the responsible one, ya know?"
>>
No. 1015421 ID: 894419

>>1014894
Go grab a drink at the bar, tell Kaari I said you get it on the house, I'll clean this up for you. I'm just happy you're not cancelling the show.
>>
No. 1015422 ID: e7c7d3

>>1015421
Supporting
>>
No. 1015619 ID: 2de4fd

fuckin' mood, right? Definitely give a drink on the house.
>>
No. 1016103 ID: 15a025
File 163782399854.png - (6.79KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
1016103

>Go grab a drink at the bar, tell Kaari I said you get it on the house, I'll clean this up for you. I'm just happy you're not cancelling the show.
>fuckin' mood, right? Definitely give a drink on the house.
Lana: "Hey, you're not alone in this tonight. You got me and my co-workers willing to help you out tonight."

Allinen: "I appreciate the offer, but man. You guys shouldn't have to clean up after us like this, it just looks bad on our part."

Lana: "Trust me, moving a few amps around and cleaning up broken glass is no sweat. I'm just happy you guys still wanna play and aren't cancelling."

Allinen: "Folding the show's not really in our hand anyway. Surprised we sold out for both nights."
Lana: "Two of those tickets would have been mine if I wasn't stuck working tonight."

Allinen: "Two?"

Lana: "I'd bring a date with me. Could have been a fun time."

I see Virgil coming back now with a broom.

Lana: "Now go hang with the rest of your band buddies at the bar and have a drink on the house. Me and 'the bird man' will take care of this mess back here."

I hand her the free drink token I got from the roadie earlier. Nothing saying I can't re-issue those.
Allinen: "Thanks. I'll have to return the favor sometime."

Lana: "Don't worry about it, go and enjoy the night while we're still open."
>>
No. 1016104 ID: 15a025
File 163782403785.png - (7.10KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
1016104

She heads off and Virgil gets back up on stage.

Virgil: "Playing hero for your favorite band tonight?"

Lana: "Yeah, maybe. I can certainly relate to her situation there."

Virgil: "Just remember not to spread yourself too thin. We got a full house and a popular band drinking up at the bar."

Lana: "Well guess we better get to it with cleaning up."

He tosses the broom and dustpan my way.

Virgil: "You handle the broken lights, I'll focus on mopping up. Then after closing maybe you and the roadie can check out the equipment and maybe see why this thing was sparking up."

Ugh, my goodwill already haunts me. Working after closing. Could be fun working with the band though. I try not to worry about that though and focus on not missing any pieces of the bulb. How did this even get knocked down? Stage lights are mounted up in those rack things on the ceiling.
>>
No. 1016105 ID: 15a025
File 163782408984.png - (6.94KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
1016105

Cleanup doesn't take too long, and I re-join Kaari and some of the band up at the bar.

Fox: "C'mon... givva nooda shot. I-I gotsa notes yet."

Allinen: "Dente, stop pestering her. You've already had a ton tonight-"

I can hear Allinen mutter something else, but it's way too loud in here to really pick up the conversation.

Dente: "I'm- m, no wightleight, I'll haaaandle a-ah-aall-"

She starts coughing pretty hard, and Kaari's already got a glass of water on the bar by her.

Allinen: "Come on 'Tay. You need to get a little water in ya."

Dente: "Water ain't no freak'n fun at a bar."

She slams a fist on the bar table.

Dente: "Noow comman. Hid me with anntha shotta tha rum, bun."

I feel like I should intervene here, but not quite sure how since this is one of the band members. Never had to deal with possibly aggressive co-workers or "special" guests like this.
>>
No. 1016108 ID: 894419

>>1016105
But a firm, but not painful hand on his shoulder and tell them that sure they can have "one last shot, for the road." Only escalate from there if they make an issue out of it.
>>
No. 1016112 ID: 96c896

Don't touch him, that could immediately escalate.
Just take the other bandmember's side. Tell him that if he drinks some water, he won't have as much of a hangover tomorrow.
Also... he doesn't have anything to prove. Nobody will think less of him if he doesn't drink any more tonight.
>>
No. 1016441 ID: 15a025
File 163833210197.png - (6.91KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
1016441

>Don't touch him, that could immediately escalate.
Just take the other bandmember's side. Tell him that if he drinks some water, he won't have as much of a hangover tomorrow. Also... he doesn't have anything to prove. Nobody will think less of him if he doesn't drink any more tonight.

Lana: "Water's no fun, but neither are morning hangovers. A little water will help and keep you hydrated."

Dente just mubles to their self.

Allinen: "Come on, we can't have you down all morning with a killer hangover."

Dente: "I ill be kay for the show. We ain't even playing till night."

Allinen: "Practice, making sure our equipment is still in working order-"

Dente: "Oh whatever, mizz purrfucktionest."

She grabs the water the chugs it down.

Dente: "I'll just snore it out in the back seat."

She stands there just glaring at Allinen for a moment before wobbling out through the back. The roadie follows her shortly after.
>>
No. 1016442 ID: 15a025
File 163833212320.png - (6.42KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
1016442

Allinen: "I'm really sorry about that, 'Tay's usually not a jerk like that. Normally she's more quiet."

Lana: "Eh, it's fine. I've dealt with worse patrons that had a little too much to drink."

Allinen: "Don't excuse trashy behavior just cause there's worse around. You shouldn't have to deal with that stuff, especially when you're paying us to be here."

She hands Kaari a token and orders a drink.

Allinen: "Doubt you can drink on the job, but how about taken a break and chill'n a bit?"

Sitting down for a bit would be nice, but I'm feeling a little nervous from tonight still. What's something I could talk to her about to maybe break the ice?
>>
No. 1016444 ID: e7c7d3

Maybe ask about the scar
>>
No. 1016449 ID: 2de4fd

Ask what got them together in the first place. And yeah, take what time you can to chill a bit, you've done a lot tonight already.
>>
No. 1016451 ID: 894419

>>1016441
Ask what other venues they have lined up to play, you were on the job tonight but it you'd love to take the chance to have a better listen sometime.
>>
No. 1016763 ID: 0d76b6

Asking about the scar might end up really awkward. Go for it, no balls. Having one shot to take the edge off isn’t too big a deal is it? Come on, live a little.
>>
No. 1017074 ID: 15a025
File 163919367231.png - (7.11KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
1017074

>Ask what got them together in the first place. And yeah, take what time you can to chill a bit, you've done a lot tonight already.
I take a seat as Kaari pours out another round of shots.
Lana: "Sure. Since the bar's up front I can still keep a watch on things and relax."

She lets out a little giggle.

Allinen: "Guess since you're security you gotta keep your guard up."

Lana: "Anyway, I'd love to hear how the band got together in the first place. Not too often we get a band selling out like this, let alone a local one."

Allinen: "It's cause we rock!"

She takes a sip out of her shot glass.

Allinen: "We're all college drop outs that just wanted to do what we liked instead of what family expected us to do. College wasn't working for me, but glad I stayed in long 'nough to meet Dente and Syvaa. We all met at a class for music history. My elective that year."

Lana: "Sounds like it was a fun class. Three of you jam out and have fun?"

Allinen: "Nah, the teacher was an old relic that ragged on us for our tastes. For someone teaching 'bout a creative subject he was pretty closed minded on things."

She stops to take another drink.

Allinen: "Had fun with the others after classes though. Eventually we got sick of everyone around us trashing our fun, had a few drinks one night, and said fuck it. Dente rented out some drums and guitar and I found some trashed up abandoned building, and we jammed out and vented every night we could."

Lana: "Wow, sounds like one hell of time."

Allinen: "Some'a the best nights I can remember. Wasn't always great times though. Some jerkwad brought the heat on us fer 'trespassing' there. Spent the night in the slammer. Parent's were pissed and wouldn't bail us out. Then we ended up in the papers as 'underground band arrested for trespassing.' Sucked for awhile, cause the rental place wouldn't rent to us anymore after that."

Lana: "How were you all able to keep playing after that then?"

Allinen: "Dropped out of college with Dente to get jobs. I saved up to buy the old building, and Dente got us some cheap drums and guitar. Things just kinda took off from there and before we knew it, we're getting some gigs."
>>
No. 1017075 ID: 15a025
File 163919379967.png - (6.26KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
1017075

>Ask what other venues they have lined up to play, you were on the job tonight but it you'd love to take the chance to have a better listen sometime.
Lana: "Speaking of gigs, what other venues or concerts you got coming up? Would love to hit up one of your concerts sometime."

Allinen: "After the one here tomorrow night, I'm not too sure. 'Tay and our roadie usually let us know whats up, but they've been quiet since we dipped into a red line. I think our next stop is somewhere outta town?"

Lana: "Shame I can't probably make that then."

Allinen: "How about you give me your number then and I can keep in touch. Let ya know next time we're back in town for a show."

I almost "fan girl" a little bit there but try to keep my composure chill. Finally this night is starting to get a little interesting.

Lana: "That'd be cool! Just let me know a little ahead of time so I can put in for the time off."

She finishes off her shot and has Kaari pour her another.

>Maybe ask about the scar
Lana: "Do you mind if I ask about the scar by your eye?"

Allinen: "Nah, it's fine. Got into a fight with a creep the other week. Dude was stalking our singer, Syvaa. Got a good gash on my face there, but one I returned went deeper."

Lana: "Ugh, creeps and drunks like that are why I keep fighting for everyone to get a raise around here. They're popping up more and more lately."

She lets out a sigh.
Allinen: "They sure are..."

There's an awkward silence for a bit as she just holds her drink.

Allinen: "So...how'd you get into things around here?"

Lana: "Music? Or do you mean like, working security."

Allinen: "Be interested in hearing bout both honestly."
>>
No. 1017086 ID: bdc340

Play cool
>>
No. 1017098 ID: 2de4fd

Hey, talk about yourself, girl. Go with the music then security, get a nice segue going.
>>
No. 1017879 ID: 15a025
File 163997993470.png - (5.16KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
1017879

>Play cool
>Hey, talk about yourself, girl. Go with the music then security, get a nice segue going.
Lana: "Well, originally I got into music as something to tune out my parents to. My folks used to get way too hammered at night-"

Allinen: "Owch, sounds pretty rough."

Lana: "No, not like that. They'd yell a lot, but it was over hobby crap like sports and junk. Still, needed something more relaxing at night to listen to than 'Oh what the fuck is this numskull doing! Pass the damn puck!'."

That gets a good laugh out of her.

Lana: "My interest in music got deeper around middle school though. Went from classical instrument music to punk rock and metal. I liked anything with people rocking out about just doing your own thing, or stuff about just having a good time."

Allinen: "Can see why you're a fan of us then. We try to share our little experiences from getting together as a band into our songs. If you be yourself, and stick to your interests, you can actually picture yourself being somewhere you like. Work at it, and you can even be there. It's a message we really hope gets to people."

Lana: "Course listening to all this cool heavy metal music got inspired a bit to build up my self-confidence as well. Got bullied in school for sticking out a bit. Didn't care for hanging with the other girls at the time, so I got bullied by them for being 'too manly and thugly.' Shit changed fast though once I jammed out and exercised a ton."

Allinen: "How so?"

Lana: "Would you wanna tango with an angry muscular puma?"

Allinen: "Heh, guess not."

Kaari: "Hey wait. You mean there used to be a cute scrawny lil Lana?"

Lana: "More like, awkward and lanky."

Kaari: "Aw."

Lana: "All that exercising paid off pretty well too. Landed me in a okay-ish paying job keeping shit in check, and running."

Kaari: "Heh, what a day that was."

Lana: "You can say that again."

Allinen: "Oh now you gotta share that story. What happened?"

>Open prompt, briefly describe or throw a situation Lana got into that might have lead to her to getting hired as a bouncer/security.
>Alt, a reason or situation why Lana would wanna apply to be a bouncer at the bar.
>>
No. 1018340 ID: 894419

>>1017879
Well honestly I started working out just to look a bit more tough and make all the street thugs we're drowning in think twice before jumping me. I guess it worked and I just kept leaning into it more and more. Eventually the boss here noticed that nobody ever caused trouble within 20 feet of me and offered me a job to stand around and look scary, rest is history.
>>
No. 1018407 ID: 2de4fd

To be honest it was kind of a lucky accident. I was in a bar ordering a drink, and the bartender was pretty slow, I think it was his first week, so I hadn't got mine yet, so I was just standing near the bar when this guy starts yelling and throwing glasses at the poor bartender. I wasn't really thinking anything other than how annoyed I was a the guy for hassling someone for being inexperienced, so I told him the guy was doing his best and if he didn't like it he could leave, but if he tried to hurt him one more time I'd throw him out so hard he'd make a dent in the sidewalk. Well, I guess I deescalated things, cuz a bit later some of the staff tried to get me to deescalate something with two drunks making a scene. I had to explain to them I wasn't the bouncer, but I just kind of up and asked if they were hiring one and things went from there.
>>
No. 1019437 ID: 15a025
File 164128024206.png - (5.13KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
1019437

>Well honestly I started working out just to look a bit more tough and make all the street thugs we're drowning in think twice before jumping me.
Lana: "Well, working out had other benefits. Most of the thugs we're drowning in get second thoughts with messing with me, and I could tell the staff around here noticed that. My bunny buddy here liked to stick around me whenever I came, and we quickly became best buds."

Kaari: "Never had to worry about drinks getting splashed in my face or creeps making moves on me with Lana around."

Allinen: "So, she's how you got the job then?"

Lana: "Sort of, she helped put in a good word for me that's for sure."

Allinen: "Nice! What's the story though? I wanna hear about this day."

>I was in a bar ordering a drink, and the bartender was pretty slow, I think it was his first week, so I hadn't got mine yet, so I was just standing near the bar when this guy starts yelling and throwing glasses at the poor bartender. I wasn't really thinking anything other than how annoyed I was at the guy for hassling someone for being inexperienced, so I told him the guy was doing his best and if he didn't like it he could leave, but if he tried to hurt him one more time I'd throw him out so hard he'd make a dent in the sidewalk.
Lana: "It was a night this poor dude Kaari was working with, was getting drinks thrown at'em. I was chatting with Kaari while I was waiting for mine, and this bobcat guy was yelling at the poor bartender. Guy didn't like the drinks he was getting, and started throwing glasses at him."

Kaari: "I started to freak out a bit, and after I heard glass breaking I went to get the manager."

Lana: "I wasn't waiting for management to deal with the pick ass critic, so I got up and walked over to'em. Told the lil shit, 'Hey, this guy's just starting out. Don't like the drinks, then leave. You wanna stay and throw shit? I'll toss your ass out on the sidewalk so hard, it'll leave a dent.'"

Allinen: "That where all those pot holes in the back lot came?"

Lana: "Heh, nah. I'm not quite that strong. Bobcat dude took me up on that offer though and flexed his claws at me. My feline reflexes were better than his drunk ones though, and I decked him in the face and onto the floor."

Kaari: "Manager wasn't too happy when he saw what happened, but after we explained the situation a bit, he was happy Lana helped boot'em out."

Lana: "Even helped clean up the broken glass and drive the poor bartender out to the hospital."

Allinen: "Whoa, how hard was this guy tossing shit?"

Lana: "Not too bad, but the doctors had to pick out broken shards of glass from the poor dude."
>>
No. 1019438 ID: 15a025
File 164128028913.png - (6.65KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
1019438

Kaari: Oh shoot, it's getting to be closing time soon.
Kaari grabs her little mic and speaks over the loud-speaker.
Kaari: "Head's up patrons and concert goers, the Pissed Panther will be closing for the night in twenty minutes! This is the last call for any drink orders and reminder to call a cab now if you need one."

Allinen: "Wow, almost quitting time for yous already?"

Lana: "No, just the time for closing up the bar. Still have to clean up the place and help you guys with that stage stuff."

Allinen: "Man I almost forgot that myself. Guess a few drinks and talking took my mind off things a little too much."

She looks around the room a bit.
Allinen: "Shoot, speaking of forgetting. I forgot to keep an eye on Syvaa. With 'tay in the car or whatever I dunno where she is."

Come to think of it, I don't think I've really seen or met them today either?
Lana: "Please don't tell me there's some kind situation-"

Allinen: "Oh no don't worry! I just like to make sure we're altogether, ya know. Just in case. I should get up and look around for her though."

The bar is pretty crowded looking still. I feel like I should help Allinen look for Syvaa, but at the same time I wanna be able to help keep watch up front in case any drunk ass wants to start shit. Could go up and watch cams for both, but then I'm not down here for a fast response.
Ugh, I'm starting to over think things here. I just need to pick a plan of action and I'm sure it'll be fine.
>>
No. 1020299 ID: aba9fd

Do your job, just wait here and play tough girl. If there’s a problem she’ll come get you.

It’s the end of the night, this is when you have to make rounds waking up all the drunks that fell asleep in their chairs anyways.
>>
No. 1021147 ID: 15a025
File 164299227915.png - (4.99KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
1021147

>Do your job, just wait here and play tough girl. If there’s a problem she’ll come get you.
Right, I guess I shouldn't worry too much. As people start leaving, it should be easier to find her anyway.

>It’s the end of the night, this is when you have to make rounds waking up all the drunks that fell asleep in their chairs anyways.
Well, it's better than sitting around. Should be a good way to kill twenty minutes.

I make my way around the tables, and wake a few folks up who partied a little too hard. Along with cleaning up a few who partied way too much. Virgil comes out and helps clean up the tables as Kaari moves off the bar and towards closing up for the night.
>>
No. 1021148 ID: 15a025
File 164299231980.png - (6.74KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
1021148

After the last of the concert goers leave and we lock up for the night, Allinen and Syvaa re-emerge with a large bottle of champagne.

Syvaa: "Now that we got the bar to ourselves, PAR-!"

Allinen cuts her off by clearing her throat.

Allinen: "No, party's over."

Syvaa: "But the cham-champagne."

Allinen takes it from her and hands it over to me.

Allinen: "That's for you and your co-workers tonight. Syvaa and I felt kinda bad you guys got the shaft and didn't get to enjoy yourselves tonight."

I almost shout no carry ins out of habits, but manage to hold those work rules back.
Lana: "Ah, thanks!"
>>
No. 1021149 ID: 15a025
File 164299241359.png - (6.99KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
1021149

Without really thinking, I open up the bottle and pour a few drinks up at the bar. Then before I know it, Kaari and I are drinking with the band! Guess Kaari and me will get to have some fun tonight after all.

To be continued...
>>
No. 1021151 ID: aba9fd

End of night party happy ending
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

Delete post []
Password