[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 162639251652.png - (5.43KB , 500x500 , p1.png )
1005625 No. 1005625 ID: eedbeb

A short experimental quest set in my cringe AI battle royale simulation setting. You start with one life, kill others to gain their lives.
Expand all images
>>
No. 1005626 ID: eedbeb
File 162639252804.png - (7.42KB , 500x500 , p2.png )
1005626

Oh shit! You’re being created.
Choose your:
HEADWEAR
PRONOUNS
>>
No. 1005627 ID: e7c7d3

Stove-pipe hat
Sir/sirs
>>
No. 1005629 ID: 9a2966

>>1005627
Surely we're due a stove-pipe hat / monocole combo.

Sir/sirs is perfect, though.
>>
No. 1005630 ID: bff29a

wizard hat
wizard
>>
No. 1005631 ID: eedbeb
File 162639310107.png - (8.57KB , 500x500 , p3.png )
1005631

You come into being with a positively dashing stove-pipe hat and a great identification with being a formal gentleman! You love your hat. It is very fashionable.
>>
No. 1005632 ID: eedbeb
File 162639311815.png - (7.17KB , 500x500 , p4.png )
1005632

There are randomly generated rocks everywhere and a couple people in the distance.
>>
No. 1005633 ID: 9a2966

Rub two rocks together to see what happens (crafting mechanic check), then approach the other sirs to see if they are adequately prepared for fisticuffs.

If the rock-rubbing did not do overmuch, toss one (at them) with a rousing what-ho, and prepare to use the other to bash some brains in, what jolly good fun.
>>
No. 1005635 ID: e7c7d3

Randomly generate movement towards the people
>>
No. 1005636 ID: 27f65d

eat ALL the rocks
>>
No. 1005637 ID: 96c896

2v1 sounds like a bad time. If you can ambush them you could take out one and then use its life to take out the other?
>>
No. 1005638 ID: 094652

Magical poop attack! (definitely offscreen)
>>
No. 1005639 ID: eedbeb
File 162639616691.png - (8.43KB , 500x500 , p5.png )
1005639

You swallow a small rock, just because you can. Nothing happens.

You take two fist sized rocks and smack them together. No crafting menu appears. You equip a rock and notice it gives you a +1 attack bonus.

Prepare for fisticuffs! You stagger in an appropriately randomly generated fashion towards the interlopers.
>>
No. 1005640 ID: eedbeb
File 162639618454.png - (11.64KB , 500x500 , p6.png )
1005640

You get a surprise attack with your rock and clobber one of the strangers across the cheek. Their feeble bones break, but they do not die.

Their partner follows up with a severe and bloody drubbing with a stone mace and you dissolve into motes of light.

Choose your:
HEADWARE
PRONOUNS
>>
No. 1005641 ID: 031458

FLAPPER HAT /w FEATHER
SHE, HER
>>
No. 1005642 ID: b6a7f7

Rock, she/her.
>>
No. 1005644 ID: 0fae41

TOP HAT WITH AN AXE IN IT
THE
>>
No. 1005646 ID: 5d1da4

wizard hat
wizard wizard wizard
>>
No. 1005647 ID: eedbeb
File 162639918841.png - (10.12KB , 500x500 , p7.png )
1005647

You spawn with a lovely 1920s style cloche hat with two daring feathers in the side. This life will be much more ladylike and you’re determined to survive for longer than last time.
>>
No. 1005648 ID: eedbeb
File 162639919947.png - (9.89KB , 500x500 , p8.png )
1005648

As the glow of your immunity fades you realize there are two people watching you from outside the ring of rock that marks the spawn point. They are different from the people who killed you before.
>>
No. 1005651 ID: 031458

FLEE
MY THE WIND IN YOUR FEATHER GUIDE YOU
>>
No. 1005652 ID: 094652

Seductively hump them both (then pull the rock out of your throat and beat them to death with it).
>>
No. 1005656 ID: 96c896

Run away, find something better than a rock.
>>
No. 1005660 ID: 15a025

Pluck one of your feathers and start running with it in hand, as fast as you can. Once you're at max speed, jump and use your new found floating powers to survey the area.
>>
No. 1005661 ID: e7c7d3

As a flapper girl, show them your spunk by whipping out a tommy gun and swatting deez two rats for disrespecting da don
>>
No. 1005662 ID: eedbeb
File 162640757647.png - (11.77KB , 500x500 , p9.png )
1005662

When you turn to run, you find yourself rising into the air instead.

“Is that a perk? The floating one?” the stranger on the left asks their companion.

“Yeah. Gimme a second, I got a bow in my inventory.”
>>
No. 1005663 ID: eedbeb
File 162640758377.png - (9.87KB , 500x500 , p10.png )
1005663

You fly above the rock laden, vaguely square shaped map, enjoying the sense of weightlessness and freedom before an arrow pierces your chest.
>>
No. 1005664 ID: eedbeb
File 162640759706.png - (10.21KB , 500x500 , p11.png )
1005664

This time you’re a fuckin’ wizard you’re wearing the hat and everything! Maybe you have some sort of cool fireball casting perk. It would be a good idea to find a better weapon than a rock while you have the—
>>
No. 1005665 ID: eedbeb
File 162640760796.png - (10.84KB , 500x500 , p12.png )
1005665

Something takes your head off your shoulders before you have a chance to react. Blast! You’ve been having rotten luck with spawn locations.

Choose your:
HEADWARE (which determines your perk)
PRONOUNS (which shapes your temperament)
>>
No. 1005666 ID: 96c896

HEADWARE: skull hat
PRONOUNS: shit/shits
>>
No. 1005667 ID: e7c7d3

Miner's hard hat with the lamp on the front
he/him

Seems we've got a couple of spawn campers. Maybe with some digging motif we can start underground
>>
No. 1005669 ID: 24ae03

Flying Guillotine
Young Master
>>
No. 1005671 ID: 094652

Headware: Giant Udders
Pronouns: None, everyone nearby is incapable of viewing you as a sapient being.
>>
No. 1005672 ID: 979a5d

>>1005671
THIS
>>
No. 1005674 ID: 8a444d

Headware: A clown attire
Pronouns: It

I'm not sure if it will work as intended (or if that's a good thing that it does). Go Pennywise go!
>>
No. 1005675 ID: 334ab2

>>1005671
Stealth build stealth build
>>
No. 1005679 ID: eedbeb
File 162644735683.png - (8.16KB , 500x500 , p13.png )
1005679

A pair of GIANT UDDERS wobbles on your head as you enter the map at the same spawn point where you were shot with the bow. The two strangers are still there and they jump and swear when you appear.
>>
No. 1005680 ID: eedbeb
File 162644737781.png - (7.02KB , 500x500 , p14.png )
1005680

“What the fuck is that?” stranger #1 says. “I’m having trouble looking at them.”

“They have the same face as the person we just killed…” stranger #2 says.

The strangers are hesitating. What do you do?
>>
No. 1005681 ID: ce39da

"auhsdjsdfjahddjk JIBBLIES!"

ACTIVATE PERK: MILK FLOOD APOCALYPSE
>>
No. 1005682 ID: e7c7d3

Enough of their bullshit, commence udder destruction on these beef brains
>>
No. 1005684 ID: eedbeb
File 162645192371.png - (7.25KB , 500x500 , p15.png )
1005684

You lean over and try to spray your enemies with scalding milk. Unfortunately, liquids are too CPU intensive and also you already have a perk that makes it difficult to be perceived, another would just be blatantly overpowered.
>>
No. 1005685 ID: eedbeb
File 162645193122.png - (11.71KB , 500x500 , p16.png )
1005685

It’s time to commence udder destruction on these beef brains! You still have your rock in your inventory and you smash it into stranger #1’s head. It takes two attacks to kill them.
>>
No. 1005686 ID: eedbeb
File 162645194321.png - (8.86KB , 500x500 , p17.png )
1005686

As the stranger dies you feel a mild tingle. You’ve gained a life!
>>
No. 1005687 ID: eedbeb
File 162645195016.png - (8.30KB , 500x500 , p18.png )
1005687

Which you promptly lose as the revived stranger stabs you in the chest. They have a glow around them similar to the spawn aura.

Now that you’ve died and come back, you have a few seconds of immunity. What do you do?
>>
No. 1005688 ID: 15a025

Smash your face and udders into your enemy for udder destruction!
>>
No. 1005693 ID: 96c896

Actually maybe you should use your stealth perk to escape and find a real weapon, considering you are now facing a temporarily invincible foe which can oneshot you once your own invincibility runs out.
>>
No. 1005694 ID: eedbeb
File 162646233899.png - (8.75KB , 500x500 , p19.png )
1005694

You charge at stranger #2, who hurriedly backs away. Maybe it’d be a better idea to use your stealth perk to run and find a real weapon, but since the strangers are so close, they would probably catch you. If you get a lucky spawn next time you can give evasion a try.
>>
No. 1005695 ID: eedbeb
File 162646234494.png - (10.21KB , 500x500 , p20.png )
1005695

Stranger #2 whips out a spear and impales you once you stop glowing, a vague expression of distaste still on their face.

Choose your:
HEADWARE (which determines your perk)
PRONOUNS (which shapes your temperament)

You can reuse previous outfits.
>>
No. 1005696 ID: 15a025

Hornet's nest.
He/him
>>
No. 1005699 ID: 094652

Headwear: Your death
Pronouns: They / Them (you are always referred to in the past tense)
>>
No. 1005702 ID: 031458

Headwear: THE ASP OF PESTILENCE.
Pronouns: HARBINGER
>>
No. 1005704 ID: b75f42

past you's corpse
AAAAAA/AAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
No. 1005705 ID: eedbeb
File 162647134894.png - (9.53KB , 500x500 , p21.png )
1005705

Hornets have made their home about your head. Several sting your cheeks, which swell red.
Despite your stings, you are feeling very masculine, which means you are prone to melancholy and dislike large groups.
>>
No. 1005706 ID: eedbeb
File 162647135936.png - (6.76KB , 500x500 , p22.png )
1005706

You look around. For the first time, you’ve spawned without anyone nearby.
>>
No. 1005707 ID: 96c896

>>1005706
Thank fuck. Look around, being careful to not be spotted. Find a better weapon. Or get a stick and make a stone club like that other guy had.
>>
No. 1005708 ID: 094652

Set up some hornet nest traps and skedaddle.
>>
No. 1005711 ID: 15a025

Harness the power of your inner hornet. Use your hornet instincts to find any living thing to go sting.
>>
No. 1005713 ID: 542546

Fight a ROCK
>>
No. 1005714 ID: eedbeb
File 162648062514.png - (10.70KB , 500x500 , p23.png )
1005714

The first thing you do is search for a better weapon. You’d be satisfied with just a stick you could use to make a stone mace.

Instead you find a +3 crowbar! This is an uncommon item.
>>
No. 1005715 ID: eedbeb
File 162648064405.png - (9.71KB , 500x500 , p24.png )
1005715

You practice your new weapon and abilities on a rock. The hornets have lowered your total health by 1, but can attack up to two enemies at once for low damage.

The crowbar is extremely effective, as far as you can tell.

Before you go anywhere you take a moment to think. It seems like most people in the simulation travel in pairs for safety.
>>
No. 1005732 ID: 96c896

>>1005715
Scout around for some lone loser which you can pair up with.
>>
No. 1005733 ID: e51896

Suddenly realize the hornets are also your opponents. Punch em! Kill em to gain their lives!
>>
No. 1005734 ID: 542546

Find someone who likes bugs to team up with.
>>
No. 1005747 ID: ed61d8

Have the hornets form a BUDDY, you now have a partner that deals low damage, but can act as a DISTRACTION
>>
No. 1005754 ID: eedbeb
File 162653338668.png - (10.45KB , 500x500 , p25.png )
1005754

You direct your hornet pals to form a swarm in an approximate silhouette while you search for another loner. The hornets do a fine job and you are very impressed.
>>
No. 1005755 ID: eedbeb
File 162653339501.png - (9.50KB , 500x500 , p26.png )
1005755

You wander for some time across the map, hiding whenever you see pairs in the distance. The landscape is mostly deserted, which is odd, and it’s a while before you see a lone stranger sitting on the ground.
>>
No. 1005756 ID: eedbeb
File 162653340148.png - (6.83KB , 500x500 , p27.png )
1005756

They are wearing a bowler hat and a vacant smile.

“Hello!” they say cheerfully.
>>
No. 1005757 ID: 80b336

Greetings!
What brings you to this rock?
>>
No. 1005762 ID: e7c7d3

Compliment hat
>>
No. 1005767 ID: eedbeb
File 162653710468.png - (7.79KB , 500x500 , p28.png )
1005767

“Greetings!” you respond. “What brings you here?”

“I am at work.” they say. “I am going to ‘bring home the bacon’ for my dear wife.”
>>
No. 1005768 ID: eedbeb
File 162653711763.png - (7.86KB , 500x500 , p29.png )
1005768

They are very clearly sitting on the ground doing nothing. You try again.

“I like your hat.”

“Why thank you!” they beam. “It shows that I’m a good business man.”
>>
No. 1005769 ID: f2320a

>>1005768
Where is your wife and does your job exist?
>>
No. 1005774 ID: 96c896

Tell them you would like to arrange a partnership, so that you may do business together. And kill more effectively.
>>
No. 1005792 ID: eedbeb
File 162654550480.png - (11.40KB , 500x500 , p30.png )
1005792

You look around but don’t see their wife.

“What does your wife do while you’re at work?” you ask.

“Oh! They like doing all the usual suburban activities. Yoga, brunch, chores...I am lucky indeed. Also I use he/him pronouns.”
>>
No. 1005793 ID: eedbeb
File 162654551077.png - (10.25KB , 500x500 , p31.png )
1005793

“Me too! Why don’t we arrange a partnership so that we can do business together?” you say.

“A fabulous idea!” he beams.

You high five. The businessman has joined your party.
>>
No. 1005794 ID: e51896

Alright! lets help him find some bacon for his wife now.
>>
No. 1005808 ID: 96c896

By bacon we mean kills, of course. Does he have a decent weapon yet?
>>
No. 1005814 ID: e51896

And by kills, we mean a pig we can cook.
>>
No. 1005815 ID: eedbeb
File 162655401051.png - (9.85KB , 500x500 , p32.png )
1005815

“Okay, do you have a good weapon? I need to get some kills.” you say. You pull out your crowbar and the business man flinches slightly.
>>
No. 1005816 ID: eedbeb
File 162655402699.png - (8.15KB , 500x500 , p33.png )
1005816

“Oh…I’m a bit squeamish actually. I was thinking more along the lines of finding the largest known prime number.” the man says.

You’re confused. “How have you survived this long?”

“Oh, my wife comes to scare off any scoundrels who attack me.” the man says. “They’re really the perfect spouse. I’ll still accompany you, but I’m afraid I won’t help much with violence.”
>>
No. 1005824 ID: 96c896

There is no largest prime number, isn't that proven? Like, the list of primes keeps going forever, just with increasing infrequency.

Ask what his wife looks like.
>>
No. 1005828 ID: eedbeb
File 162656111745.png - (10.14KB , 500x500 , p34.png )
1005828

Your buddy by your side, you start walking around the barren wastes looking for prey.

“There isn’t a largest prime number.” you say, for conversation.

“Yes, but there’s a largest KNOWN prime number. Right now it’s 2^82,589,933 -1.”
>>
No. 1005829 ID: eedbeb
File 162656112958.png - (6.84KB , 500x500 , p35.png )
1005829

“Why bother to find a higher number?” you sniff.

The businessman looks taken aback. “Why not?”

You continue walk in silence for a while. The emptiness is oppressive.
>>
No. 1005830 ID: eedbeb
File 162656113804.png - (7.18KB , 500x500 , p36.png )
1005830

“What does your wife look like, in case I run into them?” you ask.

“Hm. Tall, beautiful, somewhat metallic. Elegant hands—look! There’s someone over there!”

Sure enough there’s a lone figure in the distance.
>>
No. 1005838 ID: 15a025

Send our hornets to scout out what this stranger looks like.
>>
No. 1005840 ID: 96c896

Hmm maybe we can press-gang this lone individual into joining our group.
>>
No. 1005842 ID: f2320a

>>1005829
Well there being no known utility for a number that high
>>
No. 1005845 ID: dfbac0

>>1005838
Hornet scout, initiate!
>>
No. 1005848 ID: eedbeb
File 162657261666.png - (10.30KB , 500x500 , p37.png )
1005848

You initiate the hornet scouts! The insects fly to the figure, who flails around a bit. When the bugs return they spell out the word ‘noob’ in the space in front of you.

“Probably a fresh spawn like yourself.” the businessman says.

Do you recruit the stranger or kill them?
>>
No. 1005850 ID: 15a025

Safety in numbers, let's go get another party member
>>
No. 1005851 ID: e51896

He's a liability. If he gets killed, our enemies will gain an extra life. get rid of him.
>>
No. 1005857 ID: 0fae41

Break his tie.
>>
No. 1005858 ID: e7c7d3

Befiend, who knows what weapons we could steal first?
>>
No. 1005859 ID: eedbeb
File 162657883274.png - (10.23KB , 500x500 , p38.png )
1005859

The strength of your party grows as you gain new members. Time to approach this fresh faced individual and invite them into the fold.

You leap onto a rock and fling out your arms for emphasis.

“Behold young one! We are strong and mighty and you should join us!” you proclaim.
>>
No. 1005860 ID: eedbeb
File 162657883948.png - (7.26KB , 500x500 , p39.png )
1005860

“Uh, okay.” they say. “I go by she/her.”

“Do you have any good weapons?” you ask.

“I have this rock I found.” she says.
>>
No. 1005861 ID: 979a5d

Give her a BEEE as a weapon, it has plus STINGER damage which is really useless. Maybe ask if she can craft the bee with the rock?
>>
No. 1005862 ID: 0fae41

Recruit the rock.
>>
No. 1005863 ID: 96c896

>>1005860
It'll do! Let's go wreck someone's face.
>>
No. 1005864 ID: eedbeb
File 162658103475.png - (10.01KB , 500x500 , p40.png )
1005864

“A rock is perfectly adequate, but I think we can do better.” you say. You and the young one scour the surroundings for weapons and find a +1 stick!
>>
No. 1005865 ID: eedbeb
File 162658108293.png - (7.41KB , 500x500 , p41.png )
1005865

Using crafting power you create a +2 stone mace!

“Wow.” says the young one.

“Wow indeed. Let’s go mess some people up. My hornets will protect you during the fight.”

How do you search for enemies?
>>
No. 1005868 ID: 094652

You will now perform a dance party while your bees scour the wildlife.
>>
No. 1005892 ID: 15a025

Surely we can send our hornets far enough to scout?
>>
No. 1005893 ID: dfbac0

Send hornets in pairs, so that if one hornet gets thwacked by the enemy the other can report back.
>>
No. 1005896 ID: e7c7d3

Hornet stings have evolved into duck lips. Preform duck calls to attract the bird hats
>>
No. 1005899 ID: eedbeb
File 162661856992.png - (11.83KB , 500x500 , p42.png )
1005899

You send pairs of hornets in all directions to find prospective battles. While they’re gone you have a dance party with your two buds. What fun!
>>
No. 1005900 ID: eedbeb
File 162661858923.png - (9.21KB , 500x500 , p43.png )
1005900

Most of the hornets return intact. It appears there’s not much to the north of you, a lot of people to the west and several isolated pairs to the northwest.
“We’re in the 4th quadrant, so that makes sense.” the businessman adds. “The pair in the 1st quadrant is quite rude, so I’d prefer not going there.”
>>
No. 1005901 ID: e51896

Well, lets teach the pair in the 4th quadrant some manners
>>
No. 1005902 ID: eedbeb
File 162662203250.png - (7.12KB , 500x500 , p44.png )
1005902

“Let’s teach those rude people a lesson then!” you say.

“Ah. Well.” the businessman shrugs helplessly. “It’s your choice.”
>>
No. 1005903 ID: eedbeb
File 162662204037.png - (8.18KB , 500x500 , p45.png )
1005903

Your crew travels north across more interchangeable landscape. You notice the businessman is keeping a decent horizontal distance from you and your gal pal.
>>
No. 1005904 ID: e51896

Go over the lesson plan on your way. Tell your gal pal that you think a good first lesson plan would be teaching the rude pair proper lingo when it comes to manners like "please" or "sorry" or "Thank you"
>>
No. 1005907 ID: e55c06

Hornets scout the area for those rude guys, report back what they are doing
>>
No. 1005917 ID: eedbeb
File 162663235411.png - (6.18KB , 500x500 , p46.png )
1005917

One of your hornets flies behind a tall rock. You hear an irate ‘Ow!’ and a pair of annoyed eyes peek over the top.
>>
No. 1005918 ID: eedbeb
File 162663236850.png - (8.82KB , 500x500 , p47.png )
1005918

The angry stranger pulls out a gun, which seems rather unfair when you only have a crowbar, and shoots you in the forehead.

Choose your:
HEADWARE (which determines your perk)
PRONOUNS (which shapes your temperament)
>>
No. 1005921 ID: 031458

REAPER'S COWL
THE
>>
No. 1005925 ID: cd79f5

TURBAN
MY NOUN IS PRO
>>
No. 1005933 ID: eedbeb
File 162664111887.png - (6.76KB , 500x500 , p48.png )
1005933

You manifest with a sinister reaper’s cowl. It’s time to be a pro gamer, unfair entrenched odds be darned.
>>
No. 1005934 ID: eedbeb
File 162664112441.png - (9.71KB , 500x500 , p49.png )
1005934

You’re at a spawn point you haven’t seen before. There’s a morose looking stranger with fancy boots sitting on a rock nearby.
>>
No. 1005941 ID: e0784a

Nice boot. Send a trade request to trade it for your hood
>>
No. 1005943 ID: 15a025

Use your newfound reaper powers to summon a scythe.
>>
No. 1005944 ID: 031458

Ask why he's sad.
After he explains it, put a hand on his shoulder and tell him it'll be all right.

Then, take your new boots off the corpse.
>>
No. 1005946 ID: eedbeb
File 162665055850.png - (10.15KB , 500x500 , p50.png )
1005946

You summon your perk weapon, a +10 scythe. One slash of the blade is more than enough to kill this sad fellow, who looks vaguely impressed by your intimidating aura.
>>
No. 1005947 ID: eedbeb
File 162665056810.png - (8.38KB , 500x500 , p51.png )
1005947

“I want those boots.” you say.

“These? They’re part of my model, I can’t take them off.” the stranger says. “Do you need some help getting started? So in this simulation you spawn with one life which expires after a day—“

“I know all that.” you interrupt.

“Really? That’s weird.”
>>
No. 1005949 ID: e51896

Slice that person's legs off so you can get those boots.
>>
No. 1005950 ID: 67181a

Whats so weird about it? I think its weirder to have boots you cant take off
>>
No. 1005951 ID: eedbeb
File 162665821582.png - (9.44KB , 500x500 , p52.png )
1005951

“What’s so weird about it? Having boots you can’t take off is weirder.” you say.

The stranger twiddles their thumbs. “Okay, well, I’m not looking for an argument so…”
>>
No. 1005952 ID: eedbeb
File 162665822230.png - (7.92KB , 500x500 , p53.png )
1005952

Before the stranger can slink away, you bring your scythe down on their legs at the thigh. Blood spurts everywhere and you snatch the severed limbs.
>>
No. 1005953 ID: eedbeb
File 162665823327.png - (7.96KB , 500x500 , p54.png )
1005953

You’re struggling to remove the boots from their requisite polygons when they suddenly disappear.

“Ow. That really hurt.” sighs the stranger. They push themselves back to a sitting position, glowing with post death immunity.
>>
No. 1005954 ID: 67181a

Are the boots what he has instead of a hat? If we pick boots after we die can we have some cool boots the next time we respawn?
>>
No. 1005956 ID: 979a5d

We should ask for gun pants or a turret hat next time because reasons.
>>
No. 1005957 ID: 15a025

Guess you were right about those boots not coming off.
>>
No. 1005958 ID: 094652

It's your turn to shine!

In the dark. Without reflections. Because as OP as this lucky build is, you have no ranged attacks and that sucks.

Actually, open up your stats screen and look for abilities because magic.
>>
No. 1005959 ID: eedbeb
File 162666154445.png - (8.01KB , 500x500 , p55.png )
1005959

“I want boots next time.” you mutter darkly. Yes, the most sexy of boots. With a gun attached.

“You get to choose? If you’re sure it was a set with my mask.”
>>
No. 1005960 ID: eedbeb
File 162666156880.png - (7.33KB , 500x500 , p56.png )
1005960

You squint at the stranger. Thanks to your graphics settings, you aren’t fully rendering everyone’s outfits and you have to focus to see their gimp mask.

“It’s he/him by the way.” he adds.
>>
No. 1005962 ID: 15a025

So does that mask give you like a buff when you get hurt or something?
>>
No. 1005969 ID: 031458

Huh.
You know what. Continue your previous explanation. I might have missed something. Also, why you chilling by yourself here?
>>
No. 1005977 ID: 979a5d

Ask him if he gets stronger by being it, if so hit him and go on adventures
>>
No. 1005978 ID: eedbeb
File 162670343502.png - (7.26KB , 500x500 , p57.png )
1005978

“I’m pro. As in pro gamer.” you say. “What’s your perk? Do you get stronger when you get hit or something?”

The man chuckles. “That would actually be useful. I just make cigars.”

He pulls one out of nothing and gnaws on the end.
>>
No. 1005979 ID: eedbeb
File 162670344864.png - (8.62KB , 500x500 , p58.png )
1005979

You take a moment to pull up your menu. You can see your health, attack, perk, and inventory.
>>
No. 1005980 ID: eedbeb
File 162670346330.png - (8.93KB , 500x500 , p59.png )
1005980

You close the menu. Not much you didn’t already know.

“Why are you sitting here by yourself?” you ask.

“Uh. I’m kind of spawn camping, kind of looking for company.” the guy exhales a swirl of smoke. “So if you can come back as many times as you want, eventually the big wigs are going to notice and start actively looking for you. They try to stomp out the OP perks before they become a problem.”
>>
No. 1005982 ID: 979a5d

Reminisce about when you were the top pro player but now you’ve suffered a severe head injury and are now just a casual player trying to feel what it was once like to be at the top
>>
No. 1005983 ID: f4981a

Can my hat and therefore perk be captured after I die?
Because of so, spawning in a bunch of broken perks could be bad...
Or very very good, depending on circumstance.
>>
No. 1005987 ID: eedbeb
File 162671275118.png - (6.14KB , 500x500 , p60.png )
1005987

You reminisce on your tragic and imaginary backstory. You were a powerful pro gamer who’s trying to regain the hype of your lost youth, and these so called big wigs are a problem.

“Can perks be stolen?” you ask thoughtfully.
>>
No. 1005988 ID: eedbeb
File 162671277683.png - (7.81KB , 500x500 , p61.png )
1005988

“Er, if you’re thinking of cutting off my legs again, no, it won’t work.“ He leans back on his palms. “What’s your plan?”

It’s time to make some endgame decisions. How are you going to arrange your final stand? You want to avoid being tortured to death or trapped under a pile of rocks, which are the strategies to deal with punks like you.
>>
No. 1005990 ID: f4981a

Idea is simple.
I spawn repeatedly with different equipment, and perks and meet up with you.
We build a fucking unstoppable arsenal and go to town.
If I avoid abusing my perk in combat, people won't think to do me dirty.

Got any idea how I might find you again?
Also, can you hold my scythe?
Wear my hat?
>>
No. 1005992 ID: 15a025

>>1005990
Smart idea. If we can spawn over and over again, we get a group that'll hold stuff for us. We keep dying over and over again, and come back with more stuff from our perks. Eventually we got enough artillery to blow everyone outta the water.
>>
No. 1005994 ID: eedbeb
File 162672663341.png - (9.37KB , 500x500 , p62.png )
1005994

You have an absolutely spectacular idea. Though you can’t transfer you perks, you can hand off your weapons to a trusted party to create a most powerful stockpile.
>>
No. 1005996 ID: eedbeb
File 162672685197.png - (7.54KB , 500x500 , p63.png )
1005996

“Take my scythe!” you command.

“Okay?”

“It may take me a few tries, but I’ll be back to give you more stuff. Hold onto my weapons for me until I’m ready!”

Please suggest headwear and associated perks that create objects to store for imminent use.

my god i've been spelling headware wrong this whole time
>>
No. 1005998 ID: 15a025

>>1005996
Army helmet:
Spawn pistol or some kind of gun?

Sea Captain's hat:
Portable hand cannon?
Magic Compass of detecting life?

Non-de script red hat with the letter m on it:
Flamethrower? Magic flower that shoots fire?

Ye olde Metal Helmet:
Spawn Sword

Viking Helmet:
Spawn Battle Axe
>>
No. 1005999 ID: 094652

>Twinking items with other players
Yeah, that only works if the 'banking' player likes you enough to give you back your items when you're weak and helpless, and you tried to stab them for a pair of shoes.

Positronic Brain [Intelligence is buffed by 10 - (Player Intelligence Modifier)^2, to a minimum of 1] (shi/hir)
Turret [Is a WWI army turret but it requires someone to stand on their head while another person fires] (He/Him)
Cursed Bulletcamera [A giant sniper rifle in a knight's pointed helmet, it will always hit its target and then rebound to wound the user.] (She/his)
Fake Ruby [Anyone who does not know the ruby is fake (respawning makes them forget this) develops an obsession with collecting it. Collecting the ruby causes them to realize it is fake. The owner will successfully convince any party members it is fake.] (She/her)
>>
No. 1006001 ID: eedbeb
File 162673873108.png - (9.02KB , 500x500 , p64.png )
1006001

You get a lucky break and meet up with the sad dude on your first try.

“Hi again!” you toss him a pistol. “Now shoot me and I’ll keep going.”
>>
No. 1006002 ID: eedbeb
File 162673876281.png - (7.69KB , 500x500 , p65.png )
1006002

The second try is at the place you spawned the very first time. Cannon hat heavy on your head, you fire warning shots into the distance and then travel to your banking boy to deposit the mini cannon.
>>
No. 1006003 ID: eedbeb
File 162673878364.png - (12.89KB , 500x500 , p66.png )
1006003

You recognize the businessman’s wife before they cut your fire flower adventure short with a hard hand impaled through your face.
>>
No. 1006004 ID: eedbeb
File 162673879557.png - (9.00KB , 500x500 , p67.png )
1006004

The pair you frightened with your nipple hat seems to be expecting you. You’re not fast enough with a heavy sword to fight both at once.
>>
No. 1006005 ID: eedbeb
File 162673880973.png - (10.19KB , 500x500 , p68.png )
1006005

You show up with a Viking hat and massive battle axe near your pal. He seems a little anxious for some reason as he inventories your weapon.
>>
No. 1006006 ID: eedbeb
File 162673882217.png - (8.14KB , 500x500 , p69.png )
1006006

Your massive artificial brain on top of your artificial brain brings up the thought that you’re banking friend may not be totally enthused about your plan. The pair you shot at with a cannon charge you.
>>
No. 1006007 ID: eedbeb
File 162673883576.png - (9.22KB , 500x500 , p70.png )
1006007

The power of wifery is too strong! Your turret head goes flying before you dissolve.
>>
No. 1006008 ID: eedbeb
File 162673884517.png - (8.52KB , 500x500 , p71.png )
1006008

You’re alone when you spawn with a massive sniper rifle and ye olde knight helmet. You walk to your friend undisturbed.
>>
No. 1006009 ID: eedbeb
File 162673885804.png - (9.40KB , 500x500 , p72.png )
1006009

You spawn alone again with a shiny and highly desirable ruby. Sad boy is very interested in the gleaming object and you plop down next to him.

“It’s time.” you say.

“About that.” he says. “I think you should just stop.”
>>
No. 1006010 ID: 15a025

If you wanted us to stop, you could have said that quite a few deaths ago. We're too invested in winning now to quit.
>>
No. 1006011 ID: 094652

"Well what is this game anyway?"
>>
No. 1006017 ID: 67181a

What happens if we stop? Whatbhaooens if we just dont 'play' the game?
>>
No. 1006019 ID: dfbac0

Why do you think it's "time", we are stopping, and with the many things we have gathered we'll never have to worry about bullies again. This is a fight for survival, and you will not give up.
Now my dear scion, dump thy inventory and witness the creation of a man of means!
>>
No. 1006021 ID: eedbeb
File 162675118849.png - (7.52KB , 500x500 , p73.png )
1006021

You glower at the man. “If you wanted to stop you should have said something ages ago. I’m invested now, I just put in all this hard work to get this stuff.”

He scratches his chin nervously and doesn’t meet your eyes.

“What is this game for anyway if not combat? What happens if I don’t fight back?”
>>
No. 1006022 ID: eedbeb
File 162675120181.png - (8.06KB , 500x500 , p74.png )
1006022

“I think your life would expire and you’d respawn.” he finally mutters. “With your perk, you’re the only one here who doesn’t have to worry about survival. You can live a pacifist life if you stay in the 1st quadrant, there aren’t many people to bother you.”

Final decision time, do you chose:
-Violence
-Peace
>>
No. 1006023 ID: 4560e1

Ehhhh, but what if we want to not respawn and just go to the afterlife...

hmmm...

Actually for the final decision, lets take a third option and cause a paradox. The start of the quest said we have to kill others to gain their life...

So what if we kill ourself? Will we gain our own life? Let find out what this paradox will cause.
>>
No. 1006025 ID: 094652

>Final Decision: Be a Pacifist?
"Yeah, no.
I mean, sure, I could become a living extra life punching bag for all of you to beat up and traumatize on a regular basis. We could all stop this cycle of endless violence.
But ask yourself one question:
Do you think any competitive violent-action player would willingly play a game where everyone refuses to be violent on principle?
This game has rules, administrators, and most importantly, sponsors. And it is extremely important that we don't piss them off.

Back to the violence! If I never give up and rise the ranks with patience, maybe they'll add a non-permadeath server in the next patch!"
>>
No. 1006026 ID: e51896

Go pacifist. But remember that you cant spell pacifist without "fist". So maybe just be a violent pacifist who only hurts but doesnt kill.
>>
No. 1006027 ID: 0fae41

The violence has escalated.
>>
No. 1006028 ID: 031458

Purposeful violence. Carve out a place to live peacefully. Existing randomly in the first quadrant sounds lame.

We should respawn once more for a final effect.
Perhaps wearing The Petasos of Hermes.
>>
No. 1006030 ID: dfbac0

Oh my poor dear naive friend, there is no such thing as peace, there is only the peace you make for yourself. I would so love to frolic amongst the flowers and live life in happiness and sunshine, but that is impossible so long as others exist, others who wish nothing more than to defeat me.
No, we must secure our own peace, make a life we can live in, and one that others could live in too. We must make a nation! One that, while forged with much needed violence, can bring about much needed peace in the end.
Now is the time for justice! Now is the time for revolution! Now is the time for freedom!
Let no man under go what we had to again.
>>
No. 1006032 ID: fd4d13

>>1006023

We've been respawned every time anyone else kills us. If we want that opportunity waiting out the expiry is the only chance of it.

Just try peace. Trying a whole lot of violence didn't really accomplish anything, and stockpiling weapons isn't really going to make any difference since we were already killed with each of them anyway.

We have the opportunity to break the game with our primary perk instead of grinding away at overpowering the game and just slamming into more walls. There's absolutely no harm in trying it.

Peace
>>
No. 1006036 ID: eedbeb
File 162678917032.png - (7.96KB , 500x500 , p75.png )
1006036

>Violence

“No. I’m not going to sit around and do nothing.” you say. “If I don’t give up I’ll make progress eventually. I can even make my own peace.”

“Okay.” he says softly. “Here’s all your stuff. Good luck.”
>>
No. 1006037 ID: eedbeb
File 162678919933.png - (6.62KB , 500x500 , p76.png )
1006037

Thanks for reading. If you want to see more works in the same setting you can start here: https://tippler.itch.io/killstreak


Delete post []
Password