[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 161945772655.png - (65.04KB , 900x900 , p0.png )
997795 No. 997795 ID: eedbeb

A short quest set in the world of this comic: https://tippler.itch.io/stay-inside

Will contain disturbing situations but no sexual content.
Expand all images
>>
No. 997796 ID: eedbeb
File 161945774633.png - (60.63KB , 900x900 , p1.png )
997796

You are Magic, which is just grand and a little boring. Mostly you sit around in your home dimension, waiting for a mortal to call for you. There are a lot of other Magic’s and you can’t choose who gets summoned, though the more experienced elders usually let the young ones get a chance.

You are a veritable baby, the first of the century. It’s very exciting to imagine what might be your first wish. Everyone likes to tell stories of their time in the physical realm and you have a lot of good ideas already.

Hold on…The others are nudging you towards a big red portal that’s opening in the emptiness. You’re being summoned! This is great!
>>
No. 997797 ID: eedbeb
File 161945776636.png - (39.24KB , 900x900 , p2.png )
997797

Presence is very important. You’ve practiced making yourself look mystical and mighty, but you forget all of that when you see your summoner. She’s a young rabbit who’s sobbing into her paws.

(Mortals have to stay awake for three days to access Magic, and by that time they’re usually a bit hysterical.)

“My boyfriend cheated on me and when I confronted him about it he got violent.” she says. “I just want him to go back to when he was nice and we were in love.”

You have your task, which you need to fulfill using the following guidelines:
-You must complete the task
-You must increase the overall TERROR and/or MISERY in the world.
-If you complete the task with generous IRONY, you will have a better story to tell back home
-You can play the long game, but you’ll risk your summoner being found out or killing themselves.
>>
No. 997798 ID: 2870a3

what are our abilities?
what limits do we have?
>>
No. 997799 ID: afe7de

Gather information about your target. Their name, names have power, appearance, the person he cheated with, etc. you could go with some strict mind control but that would be boring, maybe some illusions where anyone he looks at reminds him of this girl, it might be funny to drive the man insane, but he can’t get caught. Oh boy you are excited!!!
>>
No. 997800 ID: 2870a3

also, try to get the BF to genuinely want to get back together only for the summoner to cheat on him.
(preferably with a close friend of his)
>>
No. 997801 ID: 00b0d9

>>997800
It's pretty straightforward and expected irony, but it is a delicious irony. More broken hearts this way, increasing MISERY.
>>
No. 997802 ID: 309237

Ok so how good are we at brain surgery? We could lobotomize the poor sap after abducting him in the middle of the night.
>>
No. 997807 ID: ce39da

So we need to magic him into being nice and in love with the bnuy. Simple goal.

Ooh, note how she didn't state that explicit "always act in my best interests" clause. That means we can mess with her any way we want besides messing up her boyfriend! She done goofed!
>>
No. 997808 ID: eedbeb
File 161946326984.png - (54.95KB , 900x900 , p3.png )
997808

>Get the boyfriend to genuinely want to get back together, only for the girlfriend to cheat on him with a close friend

The rabbit collapses on her bed and you stand watch while you debate how exactly to do this. The problem with being an omnipotent eldritch monstrosity is that you have too many options.

You can interact with the physical world now that you’re here, but if you change a living creature with your influence it will become ‘cursed’ and liable to side effects.

You can talk to the boyfriend. Given your predecessors’ reputation of TERROR and MISERY, he’d probably respond well to threats without you having to do much else, though you could also pretend to be a familiar mortal to more authentically persuade him. Getting your summoner to cheat once they’re back together will be tricky, but once the situation is stable you can start causing all sorts of doppelganger trouble.
>>
No. 997825 ID: ce39da

Well, okay, so Step 1 should be to off the girl he's cheating with. Horrifically, painfully, and ironically. Murder that hypotenuse real good. Heck, you don't even need to be subtle about it. What are they gonna do? Arrest you? They can't even kill you, and of course, any heat you bring will lead back to the summoner.

(Hey, it's the summoner's fault for not laying down any classic ground rules like "no murder" or "don't screw me over.")
>>
No. 997827 ID: afe7de

But what if you shapeshifted into someone who that buny was attracted to and had her cheat on her soon to be re-boyfriend with YOU. And then you spread selacious rumors of your sinful acts. Wait that doesent really spread misery. Uhhh, Can you just curse the two to have demons follow them and hurt the ones they love near them unless they copulate. Force them to be together, then curse someone else with that and push them together with the bunny. There's just too many ways to go about this, I wonder what the other parts of your collective hive-mind have to say on this matter.
>>
No. 997847 ID: b1b4f3

>>997808
What counts as changing a creature?
>>
No. 997850 ID: eedbeb
File 161948058579.png - (43.53KB , 900x900 , p4.png )
997850

>What counts as changing a creature?

For example, you could go into the boyfriend’s mind and make him nice again, but then he wouldn’t really be himself anymore. A similar effect would be achieved by killing him and taking his place. If you changed someone physically, say by saving a dying patient or giving someone superpowers, their body would be cursed, but their brain would stay intact.

>Kill the girl he’s cheating with

That seems to be a reasonable and prudent course of action. You leave your summoner and swoop from her apartment to the other girl’s place, halfway across town.
>>
No. 997851 ID: eedbeb
File 161948059283.png - (100.89KB , 900x900 , p5.png )
997851

You find the offending boyfriend sleeping by her side, which is very convenient. You form yourself into an approximation of your summoner, complete with hockey mask and machete like the one you’ve heard about in the stories.
>>
No. 997853 ID: 094652

Take on video game jerking motions, they will decrease the probability of premature killing while screwing with his mind.
>>
No. 997854 ID: afe7de

NONONONONONO not as the summoner, that might make it so it's impossible for them to get back together without mind control. Maybe uh, read the mind of the Boyfriend or Girlfriend and pick their Ex or their Mom or something, heck if you could pick some politician or someone famous and leave evidence that it was them that would make it 10x more CHAOTIC.
>>
No. 997864 ID: ce39da

Hey, hey, hey! Didn't I say you didn't have to be subtle? Pretty sure bothering to disguise yourself as a mortal kind of counts as subtlety. Drag the whole room into a hell dimension or something and turn into the Demon of Unfaith - scare the dude straight and keep the girl for torture purposes. Stop limiting yourself like a mortal would.
>>
No. 997889 ID: eedbeb
File 161949463682.png - (68.57KB , 900x900 , p6.png )
997889

>Don’t disguise yourself

True, you wouldn’t want to cause any confusion for the boyfriend. You shift back into your base form and draw back the machete. A touch personal for your first task, but what the heck.

You’re jerky at first, but get the hang of it. Once the blood is gurgling out of the gashes in her neck and chest, the boyfriend wakes up.
>>
No. 997890 ID: eedbeb
File 161949464793.png - (92.69KB , 900x900 , p7.png )
997890

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” he screams. Blood has already soaked into his fur and he tries to scramble to his feet, tangling himself in the sheets in the process.

How do you convince him to get back with your summoner?
>>
No. 997895 ID: b1b4f3

>>997890
"If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."
>>
No. 997896 ID: afe7de

Did you know they changed the law, cheating on someone is punishable by death on the second offense. Good thing you only did it once right. Tough break for the girl though, she was a repeat offender.
>>
No. 997897 ID: 0fae41

Shotgun wedding time.
>>
No. 997899 ID: 094652

>>997896
This, and "Remember, God loves you. That's why He sends us down to enforce the Law. Even if you're not of a high enough caste to receive divine visions about the updates, you can still get instructions from those who are, like your friendly local politician, or CEO, or Pope. Not the priests though, half those renegades preach kindness and wisdom - what does any of that have to do with the law?"
>>
No. 997920 ID: 437463

Pull up a chair or sit on the side of the bed. It's time for a talk.
>>
No. 997949 ID: eedbeb
File 161953479767.png - (46.83KB , 900x900 , p8.png )
997949

You fashion yourself a chair and address the panicking fox who is currently being sick on the floor.

One of your parents made friends with their summoner and told you that mortals were quite talkative when they didn’t think they were in danger. You adopt a casual tone.

“Cheating on your girlfriend is not cool.” you say.

The boyfriend might have missed that over the retching. You cough lightly to get his attention.

“You need to get back together, and be good to her, or else what happened to your friend will happen again. Understand?”
>>
No. 997950 ID: eedbeb
File 161953480949.png - (62.33KB , 900x900 , p9.png )
997950

“You’re Magic.” he splutters.

“If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with.” you say sagely. “Do not tell the authorities. I will be watching.”

You clean up the body and give the boyfriend some tips about healthy relationships and clear communication. Now to report back to your summoner once she’s awake.
>>
No. 997960 ID: 19da02

Make blood gurgle out of the bathroom mirror in the form of a big thumbs-up finger when she wakes up. That's the classy way to tell her 'mission accomplished!'
>>
No. 997964 ID: afe7de

Time to work on part two, let’s find some random (rich?) (handsome?) schmuck and just hypnotize them into being in love w/ your summoner
>>
No. 997990 ID: 031458

That's a terror and misery smorgasbord right there. You pretty much got a free pass to do whatever.

Put him to sleep, preserve the body in an extra dimensional space, become the girl and lay next to him, pretending to be asleep and un-chopped up, disappear all the blood but leave the chair and his puke puddle in tact.
Then Rouse him. Let him think everything is OK, until he realizes it's not. When he looks away or flees, make all the vomit and the chair disappear from reality.
>>
No. 997992 ID: 0fae41

Drop the severed head of her ex-ex's ex in her bed as she wakes up. Job well done!
>>
No. 998012 ID: eedbeb
File 161957042266.png - (71.34KB , 900x900 , p10.png )
998012

>Torment the boyfriend more

You certainly could, but any more stress and he’d throw himself off the balcony.

>Wait in the bathroom mirror

You run through the profiles of suitable suitors for your summoner while you wait for her to wake up. You have to wait a while as she catches up on her sleep deficit.

Finally, she peels herself out of bed and stumbles to the bathroom. When she meets your eye you stick your thumb out and show her the head of the girl you killed.
>>
No. 998014 ID: eedbeb
File 161957044064.png - (53.51KB , 900x900 , p11.png )
998014

She blinks at you, dark shadows smudging the fur under her eyes. “This is real? And you fixed everything?”

You nod.

She leans back and beckons to you with a finger. You poke yourself out of the mirror and are startled when she hugs your form.

“Thank you.” she whispers. “Magic really is the only way to get justice in this world. I knew you would help.”
>>
No. 998015 ID: 00b0d9

Nothing left now but to FINISH THE JOB

by which I mean do what >>997964 said
>>
No. 998016 ID: 031458

Are you satisfied with this outcome young one?
So long as it is blood you desire, I Memeuest, will be happy to oblige you.
Summon me by name, and I will joyously return to fulfill your crimson justice!
>>
No. 998022 ID: afe7de

>>998015
Seconding because that referenced suggestion was mine, hehehehe.
>>
No. 998023 ID: 094652

Your contract clause is "I just want him to go back to when he was nice and we were in love."
Are you sure he ever loved her? You could milk a combo if he didn't. Cash out otherwise.
>>
No. 998032 ID: eedbeb
File 161957628487.png - (45.56KB , 900x900 , p12.png )
998032

>Think about the wording of the task

An important lesson your parents taught you as a tot was to not be an asshole. Sure you could poke holes in your summoner’s phrasing or explode them on sight or annihilate the planet, but then no one would use magic and babies wouldn’t get made.

You think you’ve done a fine job with the original intention of the task. It’s an art, not a science.
>>
No. 998033 ID: eedbeb
File 161957634621.png - (68.90KB , 900x900 , p13.png )
998033

Speaking of art, you do some impromptu brain surgery on one of your summoner’s friends, a handsome yuppie mole you find walking home from work. As long as she’s alive, he’ll be the perfect man and hopefully a candidate for infidelity.

If the boyfriend kills her, which you wager is fairly probable, the mole will go back to normal with a nasty mental curse for the rest of his life.

Anything you want to do before you return home? You’ll be able to keep an eye on the mole when you go back.
>>
No. 998036 ID: afe7de

Take some time to think about the story you want to tell to your other Magics!!! You've got a moment to kill before you have to go back.

Maybe go snoop on someone who was magic'd by one of your elder Magics just so you can get a taste of what someone more experienced would do!
>>
No. 998037 ID: b1b4f3

You should give your summoner a hug back before you go.
>>
No. 998085 ID: eedbeb
File 161962175981.png - (44.49KB , 900x900 , p14.png )
998085

>Visit other sites of magic

You find the city where your parents were lucky enough to meet. The buildings are empty and the years have burst water pipes and let vegetation run wild. Bones and fossilized skin are scattered everywhere.

There’s a burnt house on a small hill overlooking the city. You find a dead summoner’s husk melted into the carbonized carpet.

A very enlightening field trip, but you must get back home.
>>
No. 998086 ID: eedbeb
File 161962177867.png - (52.19KB , 900x900 , p15.png )
998086

>Give your summoner a hug

Your summoner is busy talking to her boyfriend. You don’t want to interrupt, and she already hugged you anyway.

>Think about how you’ll tell the story

You practice a few times to get the beats right. Your kind leans towards being more literal minded, but there’s still plenty of room for flourishes.
>>
No. 998087 ID: eedbeb
File 161962179198.png - (37.80KB , 900x900 , p16.png )
998087

You let yourself swirl into a portal and disappear into your dimension with a small pop. Your parents immediately crowd you.

“How was it? Were you alright?”

“Was your summoner nice?”

You understand your parent’s concern. You had been a weird child.
>>
No. 998093 ID: 19da02

Summoner was very nice! She was a sweetheart who'd had her heart broken by a faithless boyfriend, so you murdered the boyfriend's new girl, and then lobotomized one of your summoner's friends so she'd inevitably cheat with him thus making the whole thing a delicious double tragedy!

She gave you a hug and everything when you dropped old bf's new gf's head in front of her!

Then you went and saw mom and dad's old stomping ground and it was cute. You can see why they liked it.
>>
No. 998110 ID: 1bccd0

Suddenly realize you did far more damage than your kind needed.
>>
No. 998148 ID: b1b4f3

Nah it's fine.
>>
No. 998164 ID: eedbeb
File 161964087676.png - (47.30KB , 900x900 , p17.png )
998164

“My summoner was so cool!” you say. “She had her heart broken by her boyfriend and told me to fix it so I machete killed the other girl and she even hugged me when I showed her the head.”

“Very good.” says your mother, the city destroyer. The other Magics, who have clustered around nod with approval.

“But I also made one of her friends fall in love with her and hopefully they get together. That way the boyfriend will be extra miserable and the summoner won’t even need him.”

The Magics clamor with excitement. They rub against each other and produce a shining gold star, which they toss to you.
>>
No. 998165 ID: eedbeb
File 161964089207.png - (58.34KB , 900x900 , p18.png )
998165

After things have died down, your father, the formerly burnt house, takes you aside.

“That was very good.” it says uneasily. “But you only killed one person, right? And the summoner survived?”

You nod.

“Next time, try to cause a little more trouble.”

You’re confused. You’d been thinking you could have done a lot less damage.
>>
No. 998166 ID: b1b4f3

What kind of damage?
Won't people summon Magics less often if there's too much collateral damage?
>>
No. 998171 ID: afe7de

So like instead of just taking the head of the girl and showing the summoner I should have put it somewhere really obveous to incite mass panic?
>>
No. 998172 ID: 9a2966

's fine, you'll work your way up. You've got so many ideas! This one just turned out to be one of those intimate personal-relationship ruining things. You think the mortals call it a romantic tragedy?

You're up for critiques, though! Did anything other than the scale of things feel off?
>>
No. 998173 ID: 0fae41

The humans aren’t made of cities, dad. Besides, it’s the start of an urban legend. We can always come back to this story and see how her life unfolds. It’s the gift that keeps on giving for a couple of decades.
>>
No. 998175 ID: 094652

"Dad, I just didn't want my first ever mission to be an overreaching, arrogant failure. I'll take more calculated risks next time."
>>
No. 998182 ID: eedbeb
File 161965128725.png - (29.81KB , 900x900 , p19.png )
998182

“I didn’t want to mess up my first mission with something too elaborate.” you mutter. “You said not to be an asshole. And anyway, it’s still unfolding, more bad stuff is bound to happen.”

Your father sighs. “I know, it was perfectly fine. You fulfilled the task with plenty of MISERY and TERROR to spare. Just—you thought your summoner was nice, right? And you didn’t try to mess with her much.”

You blush and keep your mouth shut.
>>
No. 998183 ID: eedbeb
File 161965130515.png - (44.52KB , 900x900 , p20.png )
998183

Your dad grimaces. “It’s my fault, you got it from me. I had a complicated relationship with my summoner. The point is, if you’re too nice your summoner will stop fearing you and if they’re smart they’ll try to take advantage of you.”

“Okay.” you say. “I’ll be more scary next time. Sorry.”

You’ve finished your first mission. What do you do while you wait for your next one?
-Talk to your mother
-Talk to an elder
-Check in with the mole
>>
No. 998184 ID: afe7de

Talk to an elder about how to not get taken advantage of by your summoner!
>>
No. 998185 ID: 43cdec

check mole
>>
No. 998186 ID: 0fae41

Chat with the elders.
>>
No. 998187 ID: 031458

This one was pretty psycho honestly, I wouldn't mind if I was summoned by them again.

Talk to elders
>>
No. 998188 ID: ce39da

Let's check in on the still-moving part of our design - the Mole - and see if we need to nudge anything to achieve the best (read; worst) outcome.
>>
No. 998211 ID: 21e38b

Talk to an elder about the nature, origins and purpose of magics. Also, how long do we live?
>>
No. 998213 ID: eedbeb
File 161966151736.png - (70.91KB , 900x900 , p21.png )
998213

>Talk to an elder

Your father floats away and you look around for the nearest elder. There’s one peacefully rotating in space to your lower left, a distant great great aunt.

“Elder!” you chirp, proudly displaying your star in case it hasn’t noticed.

It stirs. “Yes, child? Do you want to hear another story?”

“My father said that mortals can take advantage of our power,” you lower your voice. “Is there a way to avoid that while still being merciful?”
>>
No. 998214 ID: eedbeb
File 161966153454.png - (43.83KB , 900x900 , p22.png )
998214

“Hrm. Well young one, if a nasty summoner ever tries to trap you with a paradox or turn you against your home, simply crush them underfoot.”

“Oh…” You really don’t want to smash your rabbit. “Can they actually hurt us? I thought Magics were all powerful.”

The elder sighs. “True, we cannot be harmed physically, but your father is an example of how we can be manipulated. I myself have a number of summoner’s descendants who know of me as an individual, with thoughts and feelings. Soon I will have to use a summons to leave this plane.”

“Retirement.” you say thoughtfully.
>>
No. 998217 ID: ce39da

“... Hey Elder? I... I know that I have a need to cause suffering and chaos. And yet, I did genuinely like my summoner - she was really sweet once she got over her sleep-deprived hysteria. And don’t get me wrong, I do still want to cause that net suffering, but this has sort of made me start to wonder why we feel we must do this, if we can also like humans like this?”
>>
No. 998229 ID: b1b4f3

>>998214
>retirement
I don't understand. "Leave this plane"?
>>
No. 998231 ID: 21e38b

>>998217 Aparently, that's how they power-up their space *and* how they become capable of making new magics: by spreading terror and suffering.
>>
No. 998234 ID: 094652

"How can we tell if someone is trying to order is into a paradox?"
>>
No. 998281 ID: eedbeb
File 161970620927.png - (46.20KB , 900x900 , p23.png )
998281

“You use mortal words.” There is no reproach in the elder’s words, only a deep weariness. “I will go where I can no longer be called so that I may know peace.”

“Hm. Can you give me some examples of a paradox?” you ask.

“Certainly. A mortal may ask for power greater than your own, or for you to not kill anyone or create any curses. Impossible things. We need to cause suffering, that is one of the rules of our access to their space.”

You bob your head. This all makes sense, though you’re sad that the elder will be leaving soon.
>>
No. 998282 ID: eedbeb
File 161970622425.png - (62.08KB , 900x900 , p24.png )
998282

You’re not paying attention when a red portal starts to swirl around you. The elder shrinks away and you gasp with surprise.

“I was just summoned! Why is it happening again so soon?”

“Government.” the elder says bitterly. “Your first summons has alerted them to your existence. Do not give them any information.”

You’re about to whisked back to the physical world. What do you do for your dramatic entrance?
>>
No. 998283 ID: 0fbdcd

Put the star on your forehead and make sure you have a super cool cloak. No hockey mask though.
>>
No. 998285 ID: 00924c

>>998282
become an impervious, featureless grey pebble. they summon not a demon, but a stone. heads will roll for this critical error.
>>
No. 998286 ID: 70e71f

>>998282
Give everyone nearby except your summoner a headache that will last precisely a month and cascade between ‘oh god, I can barely focus’ and ‘aaaasssssasdsfguuftyz’.

Bonus points if you make the summoner think heads are going to start popping the longer you stick around.

If there is only one summoner nearby give them the raw deal instead.
>>
No. 998287 ID: 70e71f

>>998286
Look, death is EASY. «Migraine Month» will be LEGENDARY.
>>
No. 998288 ID: b1b4f3

>>998282
Appear as a growing cube that shifts into impossible geometries, then have it suddenly pop into your form except make your surface all weirdly spikey like ferrofluid.
>>
No. 998289 ID: 3bc230

Telefrag somebody’s eye socket.
>>
No. 998292 ID: 19da02

absolutely burst out of somebody's eyeball.
>>
No. 998300 ID: 156101

>>998282
Become llama
Put on funny green hat
>>
No. 998303 ID: 094652

Materialize in someone's bra or thong and see how long it takes them to address the elephant in the room.
>>
No. 998304 ID: d3521c

Adopt a regal, nay, IMPERIAL form with a cape, a well-toned body and the golden star as your crown.
>>
No. 998308 ID: eedbeb
File 161972238140.png - (106.31KB , 900x900 , p25.png )
998308

You get a sense for the room before you let yourself become visible, bursting from the gaps in the eye socket of an unfortunate snail soldier. No harm done of course, you’ll leave that until after you’ve been given a task.

There’s a click of multiple safeties, and a fancy looking seagull shrieks “Hold!”

You soar through the air, your form a mess of shifting black spikes, until you plop in front of your summoner.
>>
No. 998309 ID: eedbeb
File 161972240075.png - (93.86KB , 900x900 , p26.png )
998309

“Stay where you are. Do not use your power on anyone.” she snaps. This is technically a task, so you plant yourself in the cement and adopt a tall, regal form complete with muscles and a cape, star on your forehead. You look around.

Your summoner is a thin rat, clearly irritated, whether from the sleep deprivation or the sheer number of automatic rifles pointed at her head. The captain is still shushing his soldiers, who are on edge after your eyeball stunt.

Once they settle down, he leans over to the rat. “What’s that on its head?”

“I believe it’s a gold star.” she says dryly.

“Yes, but what does it mean?”
>>
No. 998310 ID: 031458

Your summoner is in danger, and has yet to give you an "Acceptable" task.
You need only not move nor harm with current orders. Alter your body so you surround your summoner entirely, as YOU cannot be harmed.

Then you may convene in peace.
>>
No. 998311 ID: ce3ea4

In a loud booming voice be intimidating. See if you can speak telepathically with your summoner to find out if they’re in danger.
>>
No. 998312 ID: 0fbdcd

"IT IS A MARK OF PROWESS."
We should totally be the big booming voice type.
>>
No. 998317 ID: d3521c

Stay silent and let them try conjecture.
>>
No. 998319 ID: 9a2966

Stand still and use your power on the building around you, which is not anyone.

Maybe make the walls see-through, so everyone can see that there's a bunch of soldiers with guns pointing them at people?

Claim you were playing around with x-ray vision, like a superhero, but you weren't allowed to use ACTUAL x-ray since that'd be counted as using your power on someone, so you cheated.
>>
No. 998323 ID: ce39da

You don't gotta answer unless the summoner directly commands it of you.

She only specified that you "stay put" and "don't use magic on 'anybody.'"

Can you place an extreme accelerated erosion/corrosion/entropy curse on the physical location encompassing the building, but have it only affect inorganic materials? Bring the building down around us real quick.

Alternatively, do you need to be physically in the air to create a meteor in the sky? As long as you aren't actively hurling it at someone but just creating it and letting it drop wherever, then it shouldn't count.
>>
No. 998329 ID: eedbeb
File 161972829681.png - (103.42KB , 900x900 , p27.png )
998329

The rat rubs her forehead. “I have no idea, I presume we’ll find out during questioning.”

“You’re supposed to be the Magics expert.”

“Yes, so sorry that I can’t tell you everything about an ancient, unstoppable force.”

You stay silent while the captain and the rat bicker like an old married couple. Your summoner doesn’t seem to be in immediate danger. The guns must be a precaution in case you get out of control.

You can still use your power on objects, so you start crumbling the walls of the concrete room, you know, for fun.
>>
No. 998330 ID: eedbeb
File 161972831186.png - (39.79KB , 900x900 , p28.png )
998330

“Stop that.” your summoner grumbles. “Alright, let’s get this over with. I want you to truthfully answer my questions, without using your power on anyone or anything besides yourself. If you need to do scary faces to make yourself feel better, you can.”

She points at the star. “What is that?”

“IT IS A MARK OF PROWESS." you answer in a big booming voice.

“Yes, it looks like something you’d give a child for doing a good job.” she remarks.
>>
No. 998331 ID: 031458

Yes, and blanket orders to not use my powers give me free reign to murder my summoner.
I will however continue to extend my mercy for now, mortal.
Ask your questions.
>>
No. 998334 ID: 9a2966

>Something you'd give to a child for doing a good job
Very insightful.

Make a face like you're about to eat or attack one of the soldiers, get 'em to shoot you, but position yourself to have the bullets whizz right through you and hit someone else.
>>
No. 998340 ID: b1b4f3

>>998330
That wasn't a question, no need to comment on it. You were clearly told not to give them information. Although... you can respond to non-questions with LIES. Not that I can think of a cool lie to say in response to that comment...

Hmm. "your power", huh? Would physical force count as "your power"? Perhaps you could interpret that as simply being unable to change them directly. You could probably just grab the guns and use them to kill everyone but your summoner.

Or you could just... expand to take up all empty space in the room. Why don't you do that? Do it very quickly, while saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, does this bother you?"
>>
No. 998341 ID: eb1fcc

>>998330
"You know, your mother summoned me once."

Do not elaborate on this, however you are pressed.
>>
No. 998342 ID: afa43e

Make a scary face on your back. Maybe your summoner’s, gasping for air.
>>
No. 998343 ID: d8f3b2

Stare daggers at the mouse and, without a word, throw the star at her face.

Then say "Shut up, Stuart Little."
>>
No. 998346 ID: eedbeb
File 161973816080.png - (107.24KB , 900x900 , p29.png )
998346

>Throw the star at her

Hell no, that star is your dearest and only possession. Some would say it’s your sole identifying physical characteristic.

>Make a scary face

The seagull flinches and you howl into the tight space. You get as close as you can to your summoner without touching her, like you’re about to eat her.

“That would be a lot more effective if you weren’t wearing a good job star.” she says.
>>
No. 998347 ID: eedbeb
File 161973818210.png - (47.32KB , 900x900 , p30.png )
998347

“I AM SHOWING YOU MERCY.” you say. “I COULD CRUSH YOU.”

She flicks you in the middle of the horrible mass and the captain gasps audibly. When you don’t retreat, she rolls her eyes. “Yes, yes, you could kill me. Tell me about yourself. That’s a question.”
>>
No. 998352 ID: 031458

I am a fairly NEW magic. You are my SECOND summoner.
I am told I am LESS DESTRUCTIVE than my counterparts.
The ROILING CHAOS inside me is fickle, bouncing between EXTREME VIOLENCE and EXTREME KINDNESS.
>>
No. 998355 ID: b1b4f3

>>998347
No it isn't.
>>
No. 998357 ID: 0fae41

>yes, you could kill me
YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND.
>>
No. 998360 ID: 10ab1c

Say that you are new, and you said “you could kill me” so bye. And proceed to kill her since it cancels out her other order.
>>
No. 998368 ID: d8f3b2

I am young and desicive magic with much to prove!
>>
No. 998375 ID: eb1fcc

>>998357
Release a burst of radiation. Their wish is our command, after all. There is more misery to be wrought of a slow, invisible death than a sudden and violent one.
>>
No. 998380 ID: be0386

>>998360
Precisely this. Maybe thank her for being such a cool and easy summoner.
>>
No. 998391 ID: ce39da

>>998375
Making it slow will give her a chance to have you undo it.

"I am fairly new, my elders say I could stand to be more destructive, but I just learned that I should do-" impale her through the throat, heart, and both lungs with your own mass, no curses, "this to uppity summoners. Pretty cool and easy of you to say I 'could' kill you just now - k thx bai." Finish with the brain and bounce.
>>
No. 998394 ID: eedbeb
File 161974831305.png - (65.87KB , 900x900 , p31.png )
998394

>Annihilate that rat

With an invitation like that, how could you refuse? Your elder told you not to talk to strangers anyway. Before your summoner can react, you make a massive hand and flick her head off, which is extreme IRONY.

The head crunches against the opposite wall and you hear a soldier yelp as it falls at his feet. The captain is frozen, staring at the headless corpse.
>>
No. 998395 ID: eedbeb
File 161974832587.png - (82.86KB , 900x900 , p32.png )
998395

You wait for the portal to take you home. You’ve never killed your summoner before so when nothing happens, you wonder if you did something wrong.

Black tentacles sprout from the neck stump and form themselves into a bloody, tooth gnashing face.

“Fucking children.” your summoner spits. “Answer the damn questions.”
>>
No. 998405 ID: a52b96

Well then be more careful, damn.
I guess answer the question.
>>
No. 998406 ID: 0fbdcd

Yo, that's rad. Tell her that's rad.
Explain she said you could kill her, so what did she expect? She should really be better with her wording here if she's an experienced summoner.
Anyway, we're compelled to comply, so answer her questions. Her last question was to tell her about ourself.

We're pretty new Magic and we're just stoked to be here honestly. Our elders told us we weren't as destructive as other Magics but hopefully once we get some experience under our belt we can do something cool.
>>
No. 998408 ID: 6ba4ec

You could just answer that you are magic, an embodiment of Chaos.

Also while you say that, analyze her, figure out why she didn’t die, if it’s something simple like needing to completely borp her body out of existence. Do that. She never did tell you to stop trying to kill her.
>>
No. 998419 ID: b1b4f3

>>998395
Yeah just tell her you're magic, chaos etc. You're also, you know, not supposed to be giving out eldritch knowledge.
>>
No. 998420 ID: d8f3b2

I am the first magic born in this century, concieved during the destruction of the nearby city.
I see you are fans of my first mission.
>>
No. 998427 ID: eedbeb
File 161975474471.png - (26.18KB , 900x900 , p32b.png )
998427

The compulsion is strong enough to make you stumble over your words. It’s hard to think about what to say that won’t give away too much information. It doesn’t help that you know you’re going against the task with the evasion. “Uh, I’m Magic. I’m pretty new.”

“Yes, obviously. We have a cursed artifact that’s alerts us to summons, and another that can identify Magic signature so we could tell you were new. Be more specific.”

“Well—well I was born a few years ago, from a city and a house. My dad told me I’m nicer than I should be. I do the usual chaotic evil stuff cause I’m a Magic. I dunno.”
>>
No. 998428 ID: eedbeb
File 161975476038.png - (122.42KB , 900x900 , p33.png )
998428

The rat gets up while you’re talking and approaches the unfortunate snail from earlier. She claws his throat open and catches his body as the heavy gun clatters to the floor. She starts eating his face while he’s still struggling.

“Keep going.” she says, mouth full.

You squint at your summoner. Now that you’re looking you can see several layers of wishes swirling around inside her. That rat is mega cursed.

“That’s really it.” you protest.

“Tell me about your first summoner then.”
>>
No. 998430 ID: eb1fcc

>>998428
Can't, would spoil the specifics of the wish if government officials started meddling with the parties involved.

This is after all, with a broad interpretation of her desire for happiness with her boyfriend, true.
>>
No. 998435 ID: b1b4f3

>>998428
Tell her that's a wish conflict. Can't do it. Also you're wondering how many body parts she can lose before she dies for good. Maybe you should find out.
>>
No. 998436 ID: 2c5e06

I'm not sure the wish I was tasked with has fully come to frution, and you executing the summoner won't help.

It was DEFINITELY not a grave enough wish to eat an unrelated soldier over.
Thanks for increasing terror and misery for me, by the way.
>>
No. 998445 ID: 0fae41

Since you can't go and kill anyone yourself this is kinda convenient actually. We didn't bother getting her name, so just describe her build - short, female, bunny, touchy-feely.
>>
No. 998453 ID: 0fbdcd

Never got her name. She's a bunny. That's honestly all we got.

Are interrogations of Magic like this common? I'm not even really sure what they're hoping to get out of this.
>>
No. 998460 ID: 031458

Teenage psychopath.
Happily thanked me for murdering her boyfriends mistress.
I Secretly made someone else in her friend group the perfect man to encourage her own infidelity.
I regret not establishing a working relationship with them. Someone so simple and genuine would have been a joy to be repeatedly summoned by.
>>
No. 998485 ID: eedbeb
File 161979716520.png - (46.67KB , 900x900 , p34.png )
998485

You don’t want to give any specifics in case the government officials start meddling. That would cause a wish conflict, and though that’s never stopped any Magic before, you’re happy to use it as an excuse.

“Girl.” you say unhelpfully.

The rat grumbles something incomprehensible as she strips the snail to the bone, and you choose not to understand her.

“I said, how many people did you kill?”

You screw up your face. A specific question like that is harder to work around.

“One.”

“Really? How many people did you curse?”

“Uh…” you feel like you’re being judged. “One.”
>>
No. 998486 ID: eedbeb
File 161979718480.png - (62.15KB , 900x900 , p35.png )
998486

The rat snorts and wipes her mouth. Fur is starting to grown back around the edges of the grey flesh. “You’re a weird one.”

“Why are you interrogating me?” you complain. “Is this normal?”

The captain answers this time. “It’s in the national security interests of our country to have a comprehensive view of the Magic threat.”

“Yes, and if your first summoner caused actual trouble we’d have to do something about it. But she didn’t, so we won’t. Anyway, you can go now.” the rat says dismissively.
>>
No. 998487 ID: 21e38b

"Am I the murderous magic, the only one concerned she just killed a fellow person instead of asking for an animal or something?"
>>
No. 998488 ID: 031458

If you were to switch a chunk of matter from the core of the planet with one nearer the surface, it would create a delayed, and very catastrophic, volcanic eruption.

This experience has been an unpleasant one.
If this happens again I'm going to cause a natural disaster.
Good day, sir.
Leave. Someone died for a conversation. Good enough.
>>
No. 998490 ID: ce39da

"Well, alright. This has been pretty boring, so I hope I never see you guys again!"

If she kills and eats people to recover from dying, go ahead and kill her again before bouncing - completely squish her underfoot this time.

"K', bye."
>>
No. 998491 ID: d63ea8

>>998487
Exactly.

You've only killed one person thus far, and it looks like they need to kill someone every time they summon a Magic. Wouldn't that mean they've been making the world a more miserable place? That soldier probably had a family.
>>
No. 998493 ID: b1b4f3

>>998491
I think the rat only needs to kill to regenerate.

>>998486
Don't go back home yet. Leave the compound, go cause some chaos. The rat didn't specify where you should be going, after all.
>>
No. 998495 ID: eedbeb
File 161980827459.png - (44.16KB , 900x900 , p36.png )
998495

“Am I the only one concerned that she just ate someone?” you say to the assembled soldiers. They keep their eyes down and ignore you.

“It was your fault. You injured me and I had to regenerate.” the rat says, slumping back into her chair. “Even an idiot can see that.”

You look expectantly at the captain, who nods in agreement.
>>
No. 998496 ID: eedbeb
File 161980831792.png - (54.20KB , 900x900 , p37.png )
998496

Upset that the captain would take the rat’s side, you take a generous interpretation of ‘you can go’ to poke your head up from the compound.

You emerge in a sunny field, civilization nowhere to be seen. You can’t even spot the vehicle your summoner came in on. There’s not much you can do for revenge.

Red flecks are swirling around your body. You retreat back into the bunker.

“Alright, bye. You better not call me again.” you say stiffly.
>>
No. 998497 ID: 19da02

These guys are all dumb jerks. Taking "reasonable precautions" when dealing with an intrinsically harmful and extremely dangerous force! How dare they!?
>>
No. 998498 ID: b1b4f3

This is unbecoming behavior for a Magic. Injure your summoner again before you go. If they're so unconcerned, then I guess it's fine.
>>
No. 998500 ID: 9b339b

Weird nerds. Flip them the bird on your way out.
Also perhaps flip the bird-captain enough to make him puke.
>>
No. 998504 ID: 417265

Don’t inherently hurt anyone there, but make the air smell gross enough they want to vomit as a fuck you before you go
>>
No. 998507 ID: ce39da

Pretty sure we can still only kill the summoner again as per our current parameters.

"Alright, peace." Smush her underfoot and bounce.
>>
No. 998510 ID: eedbeb
File 161981585236.png - (101.26KB , 900x900 , p37b.png )
998510

“Of course we’re going to summon you again. You barely caused any damage and you appear to be just as powerful as your kin.” your summoner says.

That puts a real frown on your face. No damage?? You’ll show them no damage.

You stomp the rat into mush, and spin the seagull around in your hands a few times until he’s gagging, then drop him in the sludge.
>>
No. 998511 ID: eedbeb
File 161981586013.png - (63.53KB , 900x900 , p38.png )
998511

You flip off the other soldiers and let out a putrid fart before you’re whisked away.
>>
No. 998512 ID: eedbeb
File 161981586789.png - (35.09KB , 900x900 , p40.png )
998512

You arrive home in a rotten mood. What do you say to your parents and friends?
>>
No. 998513 ID: 0fae41

How often do we get summoned by colonel questions? And how do they summon specific Magic anyway?
>>
No. 998515 ID: 21e38b

They called me to see what I did.
Answered a couple questions and killed a couple people.
>>
No. 998516 ID: 031458

Fuckin government wanting me to pay taxes n shit I'm a freakin' sovereign citizen they can't tell me to do shit.
>>
No. 998518 ID: ce39da

"So I got summoned by this boring rat lady with the government or whatever. I let her bad attitude get to me, and I ended up looking pretty immature. They asked a few basic questions about who I am - Magic, duh - and what I did, but I managed to give nothing up aside from a few vague statistics and the fact that I was new. She said what I did wasn't worth following up on! I mean, I know there's something to be said about keeping a low profile, but come on! I ended up killing her a few times, but she was too cursed already for it to stick, but she kills and eats her buddies whenever she regenerates, so it was still a productive summoning, I think."
>>
No. 998520 ID: 19da02

ask your parents if they ever had to deal with stupid government idiots
>>
No. 998524 ID: 40272b

>>998515
This basically, also mention they want to summon you again because they think you’re “relatively harmless” you’re in a bad mood. Maybe try to do stuff that Magic’s do for fun around here to destress.
>>
No. 998537 ID: eedbeb
File 161983123670.png - (67.33KB , 900x900 , p41.png )
998537

“Fuck the government!” you say once you have a reasonably sized audience.

This statement is met with much nodding and murmurs of agreement.

“This stupid rat lady thought she could get information out of me, but I squashed her. If she ever summons me again I’ll turn her into jam.” you say. “Fuck the government!”

“Fuck the government!” the assembled Magics echo.
>>
No. 998538 ID: eedbeb
File 161983124837.png - (35.11KB , 900x900 , p42.png )
998538

The general anarchist malaise generates a lustrous red star, which soars through the non-space and fixes itself to your form.

Two stars! You are a very lucky Magic indeed.

Hopefully you’re not going to be summoned again for a while, you feel kind of tired. What do you do while you wait?
-Talk to your mother
-Talk to your father about his relationship with his ex-summoner (juicy)
-Check in with the mole
-Do something fun
>>
No. 998540 ID: 12b116

funfunfun
>>
No. 998541 ID: 0fae41

What fun can you do in this realm? Isn't that the point of summoning?
Check in on our mole.
>>
No. 998542 ID: ce3ea4

I’m gonna echo my previous comment and go with FUN
>>
No. 998543 ID: 21e38b

Juicy, you say? That, definitely!
And let's also see if we can get info on this rat lady from the other magics. What's her name? What are her curses? What her history as a summoner?
>>
No. 998547 ID: ce39da

It's been a minute; let's check on our mole, see how that unfolding situation's coming along.
>>
No. 998551 ID: 0fbdcd

Check on the mole through the magic of Magic TV. Maybe invite your mom to watch and give pointers if it's not creating too much emotional distress yet?
>>
No. 998558 ID: eedbeb
File 161983882038.png - (70.60KB , 900x900 , p43.png )
998558

>Fun

You twist yourself into a series of mind boggling shapes. It’s so much fun that you lose track of the time.

A week passes. Unreality can move fast if you’re not holding onto something.
>>
No. 998559 ID: eedbeb
File 161983883634.png - (57.83KB , 900x900 , p44.png )
998559

>Check on the mole

You wonder what your double agent is up to and you settle down to watch Magic TV. You get a first person view of sitting on the couch, talking to the rabbit summoner about feelings.

“Things have been a lot better with Chris, thanks for asking.” she says.

You can speak or let the mole speak for himself.
>>
No. 998561 ID: 0fae41

Let the mole speak, see who's suffering more.
>>
No. 998562 ID: afe7de

Let the mole speak for himself, you made him the perfect boyfriend material, let your work do the talking and feel proud of yourself.
>>
No. 998564 ID: 0fbdcd

I trust our brain surgery skills. This is relaxation time, let the mole control.
>>
No. 998565 ID: b1b4f3

After the mole I kindof want to know what "manipulation" means when the summoner can just... you know, tell you to do things.
>>
No. 998573 ID: 894419

Let him do the talking, then if its insufficiently heartbreaking you can take over
>>
No. 998612 ID: eedbeb
File 161987971525.png - (62.36KB , 900x900 , p45.png )
998612

>Let the mole speak

“I’m glad he’s stopped being an ass. Speaking of, it’s weird how the police haven’t been able to find Jessica. It’s like she completely disappeared. Must be hard on Chris, they were close.” the mole says.

Your rabbit looks strained. “Yeah, no idea what happened.”

“It was you, wasn’t it?” the mole asks quietly. “You used magic.”
>>
No. 998613 ID: eedbeb
File 161987972724.png - (75.69KB , 900x900 , p46.png )
998613

The rabbit stares at you. “Elijah, I wouldn’t be alive if I used magic. Don’t fucking say that.”

There’s a loud crunching by your side. Your father has come to watch and is munching on an ethereal bag of popcorn. You glare at him. Magics don’t need to eat.

“Sorry.” your dad says. “I’m doing a bit. It’s IRONY.”
>>
No. 998614 ID: 33dd48

The rabbit was an exceptional summoner. She takes joy in death so long as it serves her ends. I hope I am summoned by more like her.
>>
No. 998619 ID: 0d6409

Taking over the mole for a second to say she was a cool summoner might scare the shit out of her, but then she’d know what ya did to the mole. Might be worth it if you want her to summon you again, she seems neat.

But like, you’re totally not attached or anything. Maybe ask your dad if that’s a good idea first.
>>
No. 998621 ID: ce39da

We did kind of leave Chris to deal with the body, huh?

Ooh, come to think of it, seduction via blackmail would indeed be the method of homewrecking that would cause the most stress and suffering to all parties.

Then again, it's a bit of a weird angle to come out and directly accuse her of that out of nowhere without proof, but we did program him to be manipulative, so he could very well be going somewhere with this. Let's consult our experienced dad on the issue, though.

"... Then again, maybe it's more likely that Chris did something... more mundane to her." When she objects, assure her that "you" only think she should be careful around this whole situation... because "you" really do care about her.

Even if it'd be highly sus for him to have proof of Magic-based murder, we could direct our mole friend to investigate Chris's movements during that fateful night - evidence of him hiding Jessica's body would be much more effective (if a bit misleading to those not in the know).
>>
No. 998639 ID: eedbeb
File 161989747787.png - (38.87KB , 900x900 , p47.png )
998639

“Dad, I’m trying to see what my first summoner is doing through the eyes of the guy I cursed to be in love with her.” you whine. “Stop pretending to eat popcorn.”

“Yes, it sounds like a good drama.”

“Shh!” you move closer to the screen.
>>
No. 998641 ID: eedbeb
File 161989758711.png - (66.34KB , 900x900 , p48.png )
998641

You missed a few seconds of conversation and your summoner is now right in the mole’s face.

“—try to blackmail me. If you even think about getting between me and Chris, I’ll end you.” she says.

The mole scoffs. “You won’t.”

Whoa now, things are getting spicy. “Should I do something?” you ask your dad.

“Why? It looks like they’re going to kill each other.”
>>
No. 998642 ID: 0fae41

Nah. if she tries to summon you again for it, so much the better.
>>
No. 998643 ID: afe7de

Let them be, maybe she'll summon you again to kill him and you can do the same thing, but this time to two more dudes she knows! and then repeat it even more times! She'll be an emotional wreck and be pushing away people that care about her, it's a win win for magics right?
>>
No. 998649 ID: b1b4f3

>>998641
Is the curse working right? He doesn't exactly seem to be acting like perfect boyfriend material right now.

Nudge him into being a little more supportive. Maybe curious about the summoning.
>>
No. 998650 ID: 031458

Now would be the perfect moment to nudge him to start making out with her.
>>
No. 998651 ID: 21e38b

Make him confess his love.
>>
No. 998652 ID: 0d6409

Oh god the mole blackmailing her to go out with him over this would be terrible in the best way. Then she might summon you again to kill'em or something. Magic sure is an art.
>>
No. 998663 ID: 7eb947

Push the mole towards blackmail. The worse this goes the more likely she summons us for some axe-murder again.
>>
No. 998665 ID: ce39da

“Dad, shush, I’m about to snag a repeat customer if I play this right.”

He’s blown any chance he had at forming a natural relationship. Don’t let him back down, but don’t let things escalate too quickly here, either. Make her feel cornered without things ending in direct murder.

If you succeed, do ask dad how far you should escalate this time. You were thinking of adding even more abhorrent admirers - this time to the tune of about a dozen, and not all of them as “safe” as this putz.
>>
No. 998667 ID: eedbeb
File 161991109634.png - (55.27KB , 900x900 , p49.png )
998667

>Let them be

You decide not to interfere. The rabbit’s face becomes very large as Elijah the mole leans towards her, and then the visual goes dark. You hear horrible wet noises and small breathy moans.

“Ew.” you say. “Ew! Why are they kissing?”

Your father is paying very close attention to the blank screen. “Relieving tension, it sounds like.”
>>
No. 998668 ID: eedbeb
File 161991111366.png - (41.99KB , 900x900 , p50.png )
998668

Intimacy seems messy and unpleasant. Never mind that you were the one to set this up in the first place, you weren’t expecting them to start making out after threatening each other.

You turn off the connection. Your dad makes a disappointed noise. Yuck.

“It’s a part of life. Not our lives, but still.” he says when you frown at him.
>>
No. 998669 ID: ce39da

“I mean, she did seem kinda cornered in the moment, so getting repeat business out of her’s not out of the question, which is cool, especially since we also get some immediate heartbreak... Oh, if she does do that, how much should I escalate this time? I was thinking like a dozen more abhorrent admirers.”
>>
No. 998670 ID: b1b4f3

>>998668
Ask your dad if he ever had to watch that stuff when dealing with his ex-summoner. What did he mean by manipulation anyway?
>>
No. 998671 ID: afe7de

Humans are weird, but hey, at least it ended up how you intended, even if you didn't want to see that particular bit.

Ask your dad if he ever kissed a human, he would never do something like that right? it's icky!
>>
No. 998673 ID: 031458

You know when I set up that particular irony, I didn't expect it to be so graphic.
>>
No. 998677 ID: eedbeb
File 161991877367.png - (56.09KB , 900x900 , p51.png )
998677

You have an appalling thought. “Did you ever see mortals do that stuff before? In person?”

He looks surprised. “Of course. 20 years is a very long time to be in their realm and my summoner was quite attractive.”

You have the most grisly and harrowing thought. “Did he ever kiss you?”

“A few times, after a particularly wild night. Sometimes out of platonic affection, I think. He said it was like breathing gelatin.”
>>
No. 998679 ID: eedbeb
File 161991882826.png - (59.27KB , 900x900 , p52.png )
998679

“So, when you warned me about manipulative summoners, you were talking about this guy?” you say, disbelieving.

Your dad sobers up instantly. He lowers his voice and tips his form toward you.

“Our kind does not feel pain. Cannot be injured. We are endless, supreme beings.” your father leans in close. “I cared deeply for my summoner. He hurt me.”

You give a shaky nod. “You don’t want me to get close to any mortals, got it. What should I do if the rabbit summons me again?”

“Make sure she won’t summon you a third time.” he replies.
>>
No. 998681 ID: 031458

What if pain is good though?
Is it not an experience?
What if your experience was akin to a gift?
>>
No. 998685 ID: e5b672

Your dad had a rough experience, but as long as your careful you can keep being summoned without exposing yourself to so much risk! A life lived in fear is no life at all little magic!
>>
No. 998686 ID: 7eb947

Sounds rough. Thanks for the advice, dadgic.
I don't think we need to change anything, though. It's not like we feel particularly attached to this summoner, she's our first one.
>>
No. 998690 ID: afe7de

Thank Dadgic, though think internally that you hope something like that doesent happen to you. You don't wanna be hurt by a summoner like that you think.
>>
No. 998692 ID: 21e38b

How did he hurt you, dad? Nothing can be THAT bad for our kind!
>>
No. 998694 ID: b1b4f3

>>998679
Ah, manipulated his feelings, then betrayed him. Or at least, that's what he thinks happened... I wonder how much was intentional on the summoner's side of things. I wonder if all that happened was the summoner wasn't having fun anymore and called it off. 20 years is a long time to have a friendship, long enough for it to drift apart.

Anyway, tell him you'll keep things impersonal.
>>
No. 998697 ID: eedbeb
File 161992679319.png - (44.62KB , 900x900 , p53.png )
998697

You consider your dad’s words. Your current strategy seems fine since you’re not particularly attached to your first summoner. It would help if you knew exactly how your father was hurt so you could try to avoid it.

“How did he hurt you?” you ask.

Your dad flinches. “I don’t know how to describe it. He didn’t give me a task at first, so I couldn’t complete it and go home. He treated his inevitable wish like a strategy game where he would take as long as he needed to bend the rules.

He genuinely liked me, I think, but everything he did was calculated and the affection he showed was meant to strengthen our relationship. I was very alone. I thought he was special. And then, when everything was perfect and I thought he and I would be together forever, he died.”
>>
No. 998698 ID: eedbeb
File 161992682498.png - (33.89KB , 900x900 , p54.png )
998698

Your dad leaves with an audible sniffle and you’re left in your quiet patch of empty space. What do you do while you wait for something to happen?
-Talk to your mom
-Gotta go fast (time skip)
-Other (suggest)

updates will resume 5/4, I will be in a moving vehicle for much of the next two days
>>
No. 998699 ID: b1b4f3

>>998698
Well that was sad.

Talk to mom.
>>
No. 998700 ID: 0fbdcd

We should remember to entice people to wish for immortality if we ever find a person we like, maybe.
Talk to Mom. She probably has some more practical advice; how can we be a more destructive magic? We wanna blow up a city one day, but it feels really lame if we just hop out and do that without building up to it.
>>
No. 998702 ID: afe7de

Talk to mom, get her perspective on things.
>>
No. 998711 ID: 21e38b

Ask around to see if anyone knows anything about the super cursed rat summoner.
>>
No. 998816 ID: f2320a

>>998711
Support information we must know and we must rally our kind and if we meet that rat again we will i dunno curse them fat beacuse they eat people to regenerate flesh and blood when they seem to do good with just a curse head
And mommy should know stuff
>>
No. 998823 ID: eedbeb
File 162009553882.png - (56.07KB , 900x900 , p55.png )
998823

>Talk to your mom

You find your mother engaged in vigorous ouroborosing and you have to raise your voice to get her attention.

“Mom! Do you know about any weird government rat lady? Also I just found out dad is super traumatized and likes watching mortals kiss.”
>>
No. 998824 ID: eedbeb
File 162009557401.png - (50.95KB , 900x900 , p56.png )
998824

Your mother takes her foot out of her mouth. “Oh, you met Gruoch? She’s effectively immortal. I gave her a curse, made her eat her own children for regenerative powers. She obtained longevity from my cousin later. That rat is going to outlive the solar system’s sun.”

“Dad is gay for his old summoner.” you say for emphasis.

“Yes, dear. There’s nothing wrong with that.”
>>
No. 998825 ID: b1b4f3

>>998824
Why didn't Dad just give his summoner longevity or something? Did he not realize he would eventually die?
>>
No. 998828 ID: afe7de

I don't like her. She said I could kill her and then didn't die. So next time I see her I want her to die if possible. help?
>>
No. 998829 ID: 0fbdcd

Is she old enough that, like, most people are considered her 'children' by distant blood? She seemed to regen from some random dude.
>>
No. 998833 ID: eedbeb
File 162009891374.png - (26.43KB , 900x900 , p57.png )
998833

“She told me I could kill her and then she didn’t even die.” you mutter. “I don’t like her.”

“She probably meant it rhetorically.” says your mother.

“Then when I beat her up she just ate a random dude and got better.”

“Yes, that’s how my curse works. She had to eat her children to get it started but afterwards any mortal would do.”

“How do I kill her?” you grumble.
>>
No. 998834 ID: eedbeb
File 162009893602.png - (65.89KB , 900x900 , p58.png )
998834

Your mother laughs. “Kill her? And ruin all of our hard work?”

The laughter stings and you sulk until your mother has calmed down.

“Dear, that rat is like, er, a mortal bottle of wine.” she explains. “Her curses cause her pain that will only strengthen in time, and while the mortals will eventually die out, she will remain forever.”
>>
No. 998839 ID: 094652

"But what if she finds a way to blockade travel between Magic and the world? She has enough time and enough hate."
>>
No. 998842 ID: b1b4f3

So she's already suffered a fate worse than death. Got it.
...wait what happens if she needs to regenerate but there are no more people left for her to eat?
>>
No. 998861 ID: 031458

Hmm... So I could throw her into the sun...
>>
No. 998865 ID: afe7de

Got it, so the next time I see her I should cause her more long lasting pain instead of just trying to kill her.
>>
No. 998873 ID: 2ab9f8

Is there any way the curses set on her could ever backfire? She seems like she’s important to the mortals, with their help could she ever be a threat?
>>
No. 998877 ID: eedbeb
File 162014367919.png - (51.77KB , 900x900 , p59.png )
998877

“I’m going to throw that bottle of wine into the sun.” you mutter.

“No, you will not.” your mother says sharply. “Torment her all you like but do not destroy her.”

Your mom is rarely upset with you, and you shrink under her stern words.
>>
No. 998878 ID: eedbeb
File 162014375121.png - (51.67KB , 900x900 , p60.png )
998878

“Okay, but what if she’s a threat to us? She seems to have a good idea of our power, she could get the other mortals to help her stop Magic from coming to the world.”

Your mother opens her mouth and closes it. “Yes, I suppose she could try. Now that I think about it, the government has been rather strict with Magic usage in the recent few decades.”

She wraps you in a hug. “That’s why there haven’t been many children, there’s little chance that two Magics can encounter each other on the planet. You’re my rare treasure.”
>>
No. 998881 ID: 753a71

Acquiesce to mom snuggles
>>
No. 998895 ID: 3afb77

Snuggle mom, rest until your next summon, think about infecting someone near the rat lady so you can spy on her going forward, maybe so you can set up some countermeasures so she doesent go after your summoners.
>>
No. 998896 ID: 7eb947

Hmm... Maybe we can play the long game with our rabbit. If she has kids, and they get raised as summoners, that's a more likely chance for simultaneous magic summons, right?

Accept snuggles and rest.
>>
No. 998897 ID: b1b4f3

What's probably going to happen is the government is going to regulate Magic usage and encourage summoning of those Magics that cause the least harm, then try to negotiate with Magics, which could lead to Magics agreeing to cause less harm in order to be summoned more often and thus get more chances to make children.

How bad would that be?
>>
No. 998900 ID: 3ba2bb

I wonder what would happen if you throw the rat to space, like into a blackhole or sum
>>
No. 998911 ID: 031458

rolled 20 = 20

Be suddenly and rudely summoned out of your hug.
Be THIS upset about it.
>>
No. 998912 ID: eedbeb
File 162017555387.png - (43.08KB , 900x900 , p61.png )
998912

>Snuggle mom

You give a contented sigh and close your eyes in the protection of your mother’s coils. You’re a little worn out after all the excitement of being summoned for the first and second times and the rest is welcome.

Your thoughts flow as you doze. Maybe the next time you’re summoned you can curse someone to spy on Gruoch. Make sure the rat isn’t plotting something.

Or you could convince your rabbit that Magic isn’t too bad so she’ll start telling other people about it. Yes, and then there would be more children and you’d probably get another star…
>>
No. 998913 ID: eedbeb
File 162017556717.png - (42.24KB , 900x900 , p62.png )
998913

The beginnings of a portal snap you out of your daydream. Someone is trying to summon either you or your mother. Do you:
-Go through the portal
-Try to see who’s summoning you
-Let your mother take the portal
>>
No. 998914 ID: b1b4f3

>>998913
See who it is.
>>
No. 998915 ID: 3afb77

See who it is just in case it’s for your mom, if it’s not, then dive right in.
>>
No. 998918 ID: 031458

Don't be shy. Jump in!
>>
No. 998924 ID: eedbeb
File 162018402121.png - (54.61KB , 900x900 , p63.png )
998924

You extend your small reserves of TERROR and MISERY and create a ripple in the portal. The faint outline of the rabbit swims into view.

You’re glad you didn’t let your mother go, that could have been catastrophic. But wait, you have to be mean this time so your summoner doesn’t get any ideas and make you a sad sock like dad.
>>
No. 998925 ID: eedbeb
File 162018403080.png - (42.62KB , 900x900 , p64.png )
998925

You take a few deep breaths. What do you do for your dramatic entrance?
>>
No. 998926 ID: 0fae41

Just walk in the door behind her and tap her on the shoulder.
>>
No. 998933 ID: 0fbdcd

Is there an eyeball we can burst out of? That feels like a good schtick. She already knows we're a big dumb blob boy though so no need to dress up.
>>
No. 998942 ID: b1b4f3

Seep out of the shadows like spilled ink.
>>
No. 998945 ID: afe7de

Come out from her skirt or below her and scare the bejeezus out of her
>>
No. 998962 ID: 094652

Scream a string of angry expletives followed by a loud punctuated "I was busy".
>>
No. 998966 ID: 946b71

Seep from out of the ceiling like ink all spooky-like.
>>
No. 998967 ID: 363bcf

Appear invisibly to all mortals except her. Engulf her in silent darkness. Speak through thoughts.
Hello again most malevolent one. How may I serve you this day?
>>
No. 998979 ID: ce39da

Embrace her from behind with the shape of a handsome hawk (but still with the substance of Magic - it won't do to be ambiguous with your summoner). This advance will be thoroughly distressing, assuming she hasn't somehow moved on from her true love already.
>>
No. 998984 ID: eedbeb
File 162023466360.png - (93.30KB , 900x900 , p65.png )
998984

>Tap her on the shoulder
>Burst out of an eyeball
>Seep out of the shadows like ink
>Come out of a skirt
>Swear a lot
>Ask how you may serve her today
>Be a handsome hawk

The effect is a little messy as you intersperse your greeting with profanities while leaking out of bulbous bird eyeballs and the ceiling.
>>
No. 998985 ID: eedbeb
File 162023467719.png - (73.02KB , 900x900 , p66.png )
998985

“Are you okay?” your summoner asks. “Why are you wearing a skirt?”

She sounds awfully concerned about your well-being for someone who hasn’t slept in 72 hours. You flush and nod hurriedly. You assemble yourself back into your usual blob form and wait for your instruction.

“So things have been going fine except people are starting to ask about Jessica, uh, the squirrel you killed. Chris is staying quiet but Jessica had a lot of friends and her family is getting suspicious. Help?”
>>
No. 998986 ID: 19da02

Curse her to be able to assume the shape of anybody you've killed, so she can turn into Jessica when needs be to allay suspicion. There's no way whatsoever that this is a horrible idea that will end extremely badly.
>>
No. 998987 ID: d63ea8

Obviously you need to invent a serial-killer persona to throw off people's suspicions.
>>
No. 998988 ID: 3afb77

Mind control one of the relatives/friends to kill the next person to bring up the squirrel girl and give that same person the remains, so if they get caught they both get blamed for that murder and caused another murder and the heat will be off your summoner. But don’t tell them who it is so there’s a chance she accidentally is the one that is killed.
>>
No. 998989 ID: b1b4f3

>>998985
Haha is she giving you free reign to solve this?
That's extremely unwise.

Hmmmmmmmm... why don't we frame one of Jessica's friends for the murder? Bury Jessica's corpse in their back yard along with a machete covered in her blood, then curse them to attempt to kill Jessica's family too. Put some kind of incriminating evidence in the friend's personal belongings to establish a motive, like diary entries about how they always hated her and were trying to get close to her to take her down. Then after the date of the murder (make sure the friend has no alibi), alter diary entries so that they grow resentful of the family for getting suspicious.
>>
No. 998990 ID: 031458

Huh.
Why AM I wearing a skirt?
The world may never know.

I could make them forget Jessica ever existed!
But I'll need to tack on a curse to each individual as well!
I could figure that part out myself, OR you could try suggesting one!

I could also just SLAUGHTER THEM ALL, but the government might notice.
FUCK THE GOVERNMENT!
>>
No. 998991 ID: 3ed3c3

...Help how? That's so vague, we could literally do anything and it'd technically count.
We could just kill them all, but that's the lazy option, really. It wouldn't really solve the problem, either.
We could frame someone, of curse, but who?
Or we could take her request the completely other direction and help the friends/family find her. That's a valid interpretation of her wording.
>>
No. 998992 ID: 0fbdcd

I think our best bet is to curse one of Jessica's family members or friends to have a murderous obsession regarding anyone connected to Jessica. Starting with the family, eventually working up to the boyfriend if they don't get caught first! Irony!
>>
No. 998993 ID: 8dc443

We can help by making her family forget she ever existed and driving all her friends that get curious to mysterious deaths. How’s our driving?
>>
No. 999001 ID: eedbeb
File 162024265618.png - (78.93KB , 900x900 , p67.png )
999001

It’s time.
TO BUILD. A. SERIAL KILLER!
>>
No. 999002 ID: eedbeb
File 162024268188.png - (50.45KB , 900x900 , p68.png )
999002

You need the perfect scapegoat for your summoner’s Magic related crimes. You can customize the following features:

-Animal species
-Size (small, medium, large)
-Personality

You also want to give your killer some superpowers to evade capture. You can give them up to two powers, though each will come with an unpleasant curse proportional to the power’s strength.
>>
No. 999004 ID: 0fbdcd

Size and shape:
An exact physical copy of the girlfriend, as best we can remember. It's probably a plus if a few of the details are wrong.
Personality: Completely cheery.
Special abilities: Hmmmm. Using mirrors/screens/other reflective surfaces to travel ala The Ring, but cursed to be comically inept about half the time ala Ghostface.
>>
No. 999005 ID: 031458

Rabbit
Small (Neotenous)
Kind, fun loving, attention seeking, NEEDS others.

Heightened Strength, Speed, Toughness, and Senses.
at the cost of THE HUNGER

A young girl that only wants to be loved. Is regularly consumed by an irresistible urge to hunt, kill, and consume sentient flesh.
She should be unable to share knowledge of this curse with others, crave the company of others, and be mentally unable to kill herself or allow herself to be killed.

She should naturally avoid the summoner. Anyone else the summoner designates as well, though it's not up to us to give her that choice, she'll need to think of it on her own.
>>
No. 999006 ID: 272303

A small scrappy fox, they act all adorable and innocent, but are really just a high functioning sociopath.

Give em the power to avoid magic detection (but not yours ofc, you gotta watch them like it’s prime time tv) so the cops and the rat lady don’t catch on. But the curse is that they tend to be memorable to people, so they’ll remember if they see them without a mask on or something.
Maybe the second enhancement could be that they can transform their body’s shape and size so that they can disguise themselves, but they need to eat someone fully in order to transform into them and not just the body part they are.
>>
No. 999007 ID: 0d6409

>>999006
>>999004
Combine both of these Id say, maybe even all of them. Happy go lucky high functioning sociopath shaped like the girl we killed. Frame her as having done shit with magic. One of the powers should be a magic detection avoidance trump power with whatever curse that comes with. Second power maybe a magic bomb ready to go off when she comes into close contact with other cursed/magic beings, proportional to the amount of magic/curses nearby. Leave that rat a ticking time bomb for when she comes sniffing.

Plus if they call you into questioning you can point to your creation and have them bring a bomb straight to you.

If that is too broken idk shape shifting to into who they eat or telepathy but they’re cursed with unending nightmares or some shit works too.
>>
No. 999008 ID: 094652

>>999006
Go further and make them a hippopotamus who makes funny hippocampus jokes. They became the apex predators by mastering the cruel practice of wrestling all outsiders underwater until they drowned, and were spared from the purge by being as adorable to theocratic imperialists as possible.
Make them cutely deformed and brittle, with a personality to match.
>>
No. 999009 ID: 9d29cf

Foxy guy who is obsessed with pleasing you by killing rodents with the machete you used to kill the squirrel.
Have him fail miserably on his first mission, though,that way, they can frame him for the squirrel.
>>
No. 999024 ID: ce39da

A yardbird, male. Generally pleasant but somewhat distressing in his inability to care about anything bad he witnesses or hears about.

Power 1: Memory Fog.
ABILITY: People start to forget details about him with alarming speed while he isn't within their field of perception.
CURSE: He's unable to remember people's names and faces himself.

Power 2: Deadly Pursuit
ABILITY: Anyone who thinks he's responsible for a crime and actively "pursues" this guy will suffer misfortune after misfortune, which gets more dangerous the closer they actually get to him. Can turn lethal, Final Destination style, if they really get too close to comfort.
CURSE: The power fails if multiple people are physically pursuing him at the same time, and he's plagued with minor bad luck and injuries at all hours of the day regardless of whether his power is active.
>>
No. 999028 ID: 0fae41

>Moose
>Large
>Oblivious
Powers: Accelerated healing by eating. Like the rat.
If they can fit their thumb into an opening, they can squeeze into it. Mouseholes, eye sockets... eyes are going to be a thing with us aren’t we. Maybe we should make a pseudonym to take credit for these murders. How about... the Oculus Rift.
>>
No. 999075 ID: eedbeb
File 162027316254.png - (75.90KB , 900x900 , p69.png )
999075

You grow a small female fox out of cells and tangles of protein. You make her absolutely adorable and a complete sociopath.

Her first power lets her avoid detection, both magical and normal. Any Magic that’s tasked with finding her will get a gentle, but firm handwritten note to leave her alone. The fox can also make herself partially invisible and hide in tight spaces.

Her second power is accelerated healing by consuming mortal flesh, just like the rat. Not very original, but there’s some good IRONY in there.
>>
No. 999076 ID: eedbeb
File 162027317382.png - (58.71KB , 900x900 , p70.png )
999076

You want to show your summoner your work, but the poor rabbit has already passed out on her bed. It’s up to you to finish the job.

What is your creation’s name? How do you prepare her for the real world?
>>
No. 999077 ID: afe7de

Speak in your BIG BOOMING VOICE that you think sounds cool and that you programmed your sweet child to think sounds cool but then realize you're too loud and make it a quiet booming voice and welcome her to the world. Tell her that you gave birth to her and what her job is. Answer some questions for her if she has any, and when everything is done, give her a big old smooch on the head and let her do her thing.
>>
No. 999079 ID: 0fae41

Her name is Fenn and you prepare her by going shopping for cute, stain-proof clothes. Also tell her that she's free to go somewhere far away and do whatever once she fulfills her life's work, killing these specific people.
>>
No. 999080 ID: 5824fa

>>999077
This and also we're naming her Emma, but we're calling her darling.
>>
No. 999091 ID: 094652

Make her passionately obsessed with your summoner, imitating her at nearly all times so everyone thinks she's poorly pinning her crimes on your summoner.

Also see if they will do the hanky panky together.
>>
No. 999111 ID: 031458

Copy your summoners knowledge and her recent memories, and implant them into her brain.

Implant a strong notion that these memories are forgotten and not her own, she is her own person.

Implant a strong desire to kill anyone the summoner has felt strong anxiety towards lately, except the summoner and her 2 boyfriends.

Implant a subtle aversion to the summoner and the mole, so that she naturally avoids those two, at least physically.

If summoner goes to school, insert Emma into the school roster, but with a different schedule, one that most aligns with the targets schedules.
Grant her valid state identification, drivers license(with driving ability), birth certificate, ect.
Grant her basic martial arts capability, basic knife use ability, fire arm use ability, lock picking ability, 15000 bucks, and a non descript hand bag.

Emma, Or Emms for short, works.
>>
No. 999112 ID: 19da02

just show her like, a bunch of seasons of Matlock.
>>
No. 999117 ID: 166399

Perhaps we should check what kind of curses our powers incurred?
>>
No. 999150 ID: eedbeb
File 162033588010.png - (71.28KB , 900x900 , p71.png )
999150

You eagerly wait for the fox to wake up. When she opens her eyes you greet her with your impressive booming voice.

“HELLO. SMALL CREATURE, I AM YOUR CREATOR.”

The fox winces at the loud noise and you hastily turn down the volume.

“YOUR NAME IS EMMA AND YOUR JOB IS TO KILL PEOPLE WHO ARE SUSPICIOUS OF JESSICA THE SQUIRREL’S DEATH. I HAVE INSTALLED THE NECESSARY MEMORIES SO YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR TASK.”
>>
No. 999151 ID: eedbeb
File 162033590614.png - (60.78KB , 900x900 , p72.png )
999151

“Okay, should I kill that rabbit? It would make things a lot simpler.” Emma asks, pointing at your summoner.

“NOOOO, THAT IS THE PERSON YOU’RE TRYING TO PROTECT. YOU KNOW, BY KILLING PEOPLE.

You decide the best course of action would be to watch old procedural dramas until your summoner wakes up, and you settle into the sofa for a few hours. You feel a vague sense of nostalgia for the show. Your dad probably watched it with his summoner.
>>
No. 999152 ID: eedbeb
File 162033592772.png - (85.57KB , 900x900 , p73.png )
999152

You’re a good way through season 1 when you hear the rabbit groan from the bedroom. Emma follows you back to the edge of the bed. She stares at your summoner with hungry eyes.

“Blegh, why’d you make her a fox?” your summoner says, rubbing her face. “My boyfriend’s a fox. It’s weird.”

The rabbit sticks out her paw. “I’m Joanne. Call me Jo.”

Emma takes it and you hear the fox’s bones sliding against each other in her hand. That tight spaces power seems to have made her quite fragile.
>>
No. 999153 ID: 07cb18

Wonder if she’s even going to be able to kill anyone with how fragile she is. Maybe suggest poison?
>>
No. 999154 ID: 12b116

is she just really squidgy or will she actually break?

Also be like "that's a necessary part of the magic" in regards to her being a fox also.
>>
No. 999155 ID: 12b116

Oh should we tell her the government is like, tracking her magic use and knows she's using magic or something? Like. They don't know it's her directly, but they have ways of finding out pretty immediately.
>>
No. 999157 ID: 031458

hmm.
Alter her collagen so that her joints are hyper elastic and well lubricated, but do so in a way that will overgrow and cause severe deformities once she starts to age.

It will partially mitigate the fragility issue now and make her a more efficient weapon, but also cause her many decades of suffering should she survive longer than 10-20 years.
>>
No. 999158 ID: d63ea8

>>999155
Exactly. Hence why we made the fox to help take care of 'these little problems' Jo has been dealing with.

That way they government shouldn't be able to track her as easily.
>>
No. 999159 ID: 0fae41

>>999153
Suggest ranged weaponry. She can hide somewhere improbable, shoot them with a sleeping dart or stun gun or what have you, and then take her time. ...Probably not a sleeping dart in case she has to eat them afterward.
>>
No. 999160 ID: 1f53e8

Suggest eating only burgers or other such socially acceptable foodstuffs for regeneration.
Also, teach her about bribing, blackmailing, coertion and other forms of manipulation.

The less deaths there are, the better she will take attention away from Joanne.
>>
No. 999161 ID: eedbeb
File 162034337624.png - (61.18KB , 900x900 , p74.png )
999161

“Your poor little bones.” you say tearfully.

“It’s fine.” Emma says. “You made me like this.”

“Are you sure it’s okay? I can change your collagen or make you more flexible. Do you need a gun? How are you going to murder people with your baby, frail, darling—“

Emma gives you a blank look and you decide to give her a chance to prove herself before you change anything.
>>
No. 999162 ID: eedbeb
File 162034339322.png - (38.63KB , 900x900 , p75.png )
999162

“Oh yeah, the government can tell when you use Magic.” you tell Jo. “They don’t know it’s you, but they can find out.”

The rabbit looks startled. “How? They have to be using Magic too then, right? That’s super illegal.”

The irony of this statement is not lost on you, but you keep quiet. “Emma will distract them, and she can defend you against any attacks.”

“I know how to lie and manipulate too.” Emma supplies.

Jo frowns. “Does that mean she’s living with me?”
>>
No. 999164 ID: 0fae41

No.
If she can't tell, that's a yes.
>>
No. 999165 ID: b1b4f3

Uhhhh where else could she live? She's got no ID and no job, no money, no possessions... I guess she'll have to stay here until she gets some resources. Or murders someone and squats in their home.
>>
No. 999166 ID: ce39da

"... Imma slap you silly now to pay for teleporting Emma to the outskirts of town so nobody can connect her to you."

"Wha-"

"Then it's house hunting time!"

Slappyslappyslappy! (Make sure to hold back so that you don't maim her or anything. The stress of people asking her repeatedly whether Chris is beating her will make up for the initial lack of severity.)
>>
No. 999167 ID: 094652

"You wanted a quick solve-all solution, here she is. Don't complain if you now have a few extra problems you can solve yourself."
>>
No. 999169 ID: 63467e

Offer your summoner a choice, pay for the teleportation of Emma to the other side of the city in blood or by being beat up a bit, or solve the problem of her housing by coming up with the solution yourself, you asked for a solution to the problem, she’s it. You have to figure it out from here.
>>
No. 999174 ID: d63ea8

Depends, do you have any shut-in neighbors that wouldn't be missed if they were replaced with someone else?
>>
No. 999175 ID: 12b116

she can live in like random peopels' atticks or whatever. She's real squidgy
>>
No. 999181 ID: 031458

If you command me to house her, doing so will be a trivial process.
The issue is identity, and (Growling) THE GOVERNMENT. (Make a nearby person or animal outside of this room randomly shout FUCK THE GOVERNMENT for no reason.)

If Emma stays with you I can produce GOOD ENOUGH ID that'll pass in most circumstances.
If I put her in a house or some shit I need to put her info into GOVERNMENT (Someone once again screams FUCK THE GOVERNMENT) databases and shit, and they'll DEFFINANTLY KNOW ABOUT IT.

Or I could make her a werewolf and she could live in the woods or some shit but how would you communicate?
>>
No. 999185 ID: eedbeb
File 162034925168.png - (15.61KB , 900x900 , p76.png )
999185

Now that you think about it, Emma staying with Jo would be tremendously convenient. It would save you the trouble of having to create a full set of IDs for the fox and then you could see how both of them are doing at the same time.
>>
No. 999186 ID: eedbeb
File 162034926861.png - (81.56KB , 900x900 , p77.png )
999186

You wiggle with excitement as Jo dismounts the bed.

“Yes! You should live together. That way we can avoid trouble with buying property, which would surely alert the government.” you say.

“Fuck the government.” you whisper to yourself for emphasis.

Jo shrugs. “Okay. I don’t have a lot of space though. And I don’t want to pay for her food.”

“That won’t be a problem.” Emma deadpans. “I want to go kill someone, please.”
>>
No. 999192 ID: 0fae41

Okay. Let's practice on an unassuming and unrelated target nobody will miss first. Be there for moral support.
>>
No. 999194 ID: d63ea8

>>999192
Perfect.
>>
No. 999195 ID: 12b116

emma can live in the ducts
>>
No. 999200 ID: 031458

Sure thing, pumpkin! Let me know if you need anything!

Create two rings for them. These rings will allow them to commune with you, and themselves, and work only for them.

Then take your leave.
>>
No. 999202 ID: eedbeb
File 162035787019.png - (41.23KB , 900x900 , p78.png )
999202

“You certainly can.” you say, patting Emma on her fluffy head. “Try to find someone unassuming and unrelated for practice, make sure you’re not seen, and be safe!”

Before you go, you have a brilliant idea. You take your gold star and fashion it into two rings. You give one to each woman.

“These will let you communicate with each other, and with me.” you say.

Jo examines her ring. “Is it going to fuse with my skin or something? Make me hear things?”
>>
No. 999203 ID: eedbeb
File 162035790636.png - (36.74KB , 900x900 , p79.png )
999203

You stare at her finger for a moment. “No, I don’t think so.”

“But Magic has to cause MISERY or TERROR.” Emma says slowly. She must have gotten that knowledge from the memory transfer.

You give the rings another hard look. You can’t detect any curses and you have a moment of bewilderment before you’re whisked back home.
>>
No. 999205 ID: 0fae41

It's just a delayed reaction... right?
>>
No. 999206 ID: 031458

The rings existence naturally increases MAGICS influence on the world. The connection with you IS the curse! HAHA!
>>
No. 999208 ID: b1b4f3

I think it's because it was created in the Magic dimension and then transferred over. Matter created by a Magic in the Magic Dimension carries no curse, and can be freely reshaped in the mortal world.

Something to verify with your parents!
>>
No. 999213 ID: 094652

Ask about the stars. Are they an exomaterial not found on the magical plane?
>>
No. 999217 ID: afe7de

Definitely ask about the stars, see if you need to take the rings back because you fucked up too hard.
>>
No. 999236 ID: 59e709

Do ask if Grouch has to eat sapient mortals or if any animal is good.
>>
No. 999264 ID: eedbeb
File 162040250763.png - (59.48KB , 900x900 , p80.png )
999264

The other Magics, now used to your coming and going, don’t gather to hear your story, which is disappointing. You find your parents and tell them about your recent mission.

“—And then I got the idea to make them cool rings and I used my gold star but then I couldn’t find any curses when I was done.”

Your parents give you matching doubtful looks.

You vibrate with frustration. “It’s true!”
>>
No. 999265 ID: eedbeb
File 162040258151.png - (55.12KB , 900x900 , p81.png )
999265

“I believe you.” your mother says carefully. “But that shouldn’t be possible. Part of the original rules of Magic is that anything we make has to have a drawback.”

“But since we made the stars in our dimension, they might not get affected by the physical world's rules.” your father comments. After his words sink in, he bobs his head excitedly. “This could be a loophole.”

“There must be limitations.” your mother says. “The stars are created when multiple Magics come together as a community, which is unusual. Also, making two communication rings is fairly simple, maybe you can't use stars to do large tasks."
>>
No. 999266 ID: 0fbdcd

Report to the magic laboratory, or wherever people test run their ideas. Let's play with the red star. Can we try to intentionally curse it?
>>
No. 999272 ID: 031458

I will try to do something GRAND with the red star then.
THEN we shall know!
>>
No. 999287 ID: 4646ad

Look for other creative Magic’s, experiment!
>>
No. 999298 ID: eedbeb
File 162043637647.png - (52.97KB , 900x900 , p82.png )
999298

>Go to the Magic Laboratory and experiment
Unfortunately, labs are a very mortal invention. Your parents seem politely intrigued by your story, but you’re not sure the other Magics would care about enough about stars to mobilize the interest to make more.

You’ll be able to test the extent of your red star’s power once you’re summoned again, but for now it’s only useful as a pleasing cosmetic item.
>>
No. 999299 ID: eedbeb
File 162043638428.png - (47.81KB , 900x900 , p83.png )
999299

Your parents drift away while you contemplate your options. Do you:
-Check in on Emma and Jo
-Tell the elders about the stars
-Plan a community activity
>>
No. 999300 ID: 031458

Emma and Jo can contact you easily now if they need to, so no need to baby sit.
Don't bother telling the elders until you know the stars full power. You need to test on something bigger...

Lets organize a community event. Make some stars.
What about a comedy competition? Have everyone gather around and see who can tell the best jokes?
Anyone even remotely funny is sure to get some stars thrown their way.
>>
No. 999301 ID: 0fae41

Tell the elders. Maybe they've heard some stories by being around the block.
>>
No. 999303 ID: afe7de

community event! I like the idea of a comedy event to win the coveted GREEN star.
>>
No. 999320 ID: b1b4f3

>>999299
Tell the elders. They'll be better at organizing the community anyway.
>>
No. 999367 ID: eedbeb
File 162048587454.png - (65.60KB , 900x900 , p84.png )
999367

>Community Activity

You have the most ingenious idea: a comedy competition! Magics can volunteer to get on stage and subject themselves to the attention of their peers, which is a Magic’s favorite thing. You’ll have to prepare some jokes yourself, of course, but first you have to get everyone together and tell them the plan.
>>
No. 999368 ID: eedbeb
File 162048588862.png - (57.80KB , 900x900 , p85.png )
999368

>Tell the elders

The elders would be the perfect Magics to help you organize this event. There are three elders, including the one you talked to earlier. Who would you like to visit first? How do you convince them to help you?
>>
No. 999378 ID: afe7de

Let the one you met before know what you found, if he remains unconvinced, tell him if your experiment works you might have a way to make it easier for Magic’s to find each other when summoned, it’ll take some experimenting but might be more useful than expected.
>>
No. 999379 ID: 031458

Also, you know this will be FUN which would be a good change from the general AIMLESSNESS of this unplace.
>>
No. 999385 ID: 23e313

Tell your aunt we plan to stage a comedy session and as a way of farewell to her for when she leaves.
>>
No. 999426 ID: eedbeb
File 162052524785.png - (44.46KB , 900x900 , p86.png )
999426

>Talk to your distant aunt

You find the elder where you left her, rotating aimlessly in space. You greet her and show off your red star.

“Are you using gendered pronouns now? I may be your great aunt but I fathered many children as well. I don’t particularly care how you think of me, but some of the others are touchy about the subject.” your aunt notes.

You hadn’t even noticed you’d changed. It must have happened after the visit to Gruoch.
>>
No. 999427 ID: eedbeb
File 162052527515.png - (48.47KB , 900x900 , p87.png )
999427

You tell her about the stars and your plan for a comedy show.

“It could be a farewell celebration for you too since you’re going to retire soon.” you beam. “And these stars could help us make Magics more popular, and then more babies can happen!”

The elder sighs. “I like the quaint mortal idea of having fun, but I’m not sure these stars are a good idea. They may not cause curses, but there could be other side effects. You should wait to see what happens to your summoner before we make anymore.”
>>
No. 999429 ID: e5b672

>>999427
Hmm, perhaps there is wisdom here. Nothing wrong with making stars I think, but perhaps you should wait to use them until you've seen the rings you made in action for a little while. Ask if your aunt would be okay with the comedy show if you promised not to use the stars until you were confident they were safe.
>>
No. 999437 ID: afe7de

Maybe she's right. Well it's too bad you already scheduled it for in a few hours. You'll just tell the other magics to not make anything with the stars until we find out more.
>>
No. 999466 ID: b1b4f3

>>999427
Sure, you can wait before making more star-items. Magics live a very long time. Gathering more stars is safe though!
>>
No. 999496 ID: 031458

Yeah but good science depends upon sample size! I want to be thorough.
Besides, I've already scheduled it.
Pleeeeeeeease? *Break out the puppy dog eyes*
>>
No. 999522 ID: eedbeb
File 162058294996.png - (44.15KB , 900x900 , p88.png )
999522

The elder has a point that the stars could be dangerous, but you still want to try your red star the next time you’re summoned to be thorough. You break out your finest, cutest puppy dog eyes.

“We can still have the comedy show, right? I won’t use any of the stars that get made from it, we can give them out as prizes.” you plead.
>>
No. 999523 ID: eedbeb
File 162058296785.png - (58.76KB , 900x900 , p89.png )
999523

“I appreciate your promise, young one, and I will set up the stage here. You tell the other two ancients to get everyone together.” the elder says.

“Oh thank you!” you say. This is going very well. Which elder do you talk to next?
-Scrunch face
-Tired and old
>>
No. 999524 ID: afe7de

Talk to scrunchie!
>>
No. 999545 ID: eedbeb
File 162059620970.png - (48.45KB , 900x900 , p90.png )
999545

You have to travel for a twisted hour to reach Scrunchy, who’s definitely the weirdest elder. They choose not to talk or emote most of the time, preferring isolation rather than the company of their fellow Magics.

If you can get Scrunchy to come to the show, everyone else would show up for the sheer novelty of seeing the elder.
>>
No. 999554 ID: afe7de

Magic yourself a lasso and just drag scrunchie with you while telling him jokes to practice your material, if he doesent respond that just means you have to try HARDER.
>>
No. 999560 ID: 23e313

Tell scrunchy that you admire it very much!
>>
No. 999568 ID: b1b4f3

Try scrunching up your own face!
>>
No. 999578 ID: 031458

*Whisper*
You could tell all your fart jokes.
>>
No. 999587 ID: eedbeb
File 162061727171.png - (56.76KB , 900x900 , p91.png )
999587

“Hello Scrunchy!” you say cheerfully. “I’m planning a fun event and I was wondering if you could help me.”

No response.

“I admire you very much. Er, even though we haven’t ever talked, I liked your story about how you made that one guy a zombie after three days and which started a religion that caused untold destruction for centuries.”

Nothing.

You decide to resort to psychological warfare by scrunching up your own face.
>>
No. 999588 ID: eedbeb
File 162061728726.png - (58.82KB , 900x900 , p92.png )
999588

Eternity passes, but this far away from the other Magics, eternity is approximately five minutes. You can tell Scrunchy is getting annoyed.

The elder finally snaps. “Go away child! And stop imitating me.”

“Come to my show. You can tell funny jokes.” you say promptly.

“No. I don’t want to be summoned by accident.” they say.
>>
No. 999589 ID: afe7de

what If I promised to stick next to you and take your place if a summoning occurs? Then you don't have to worry about being accidentally summoned!
>>
No. 999595 ID: 23e313

Dude, no one remembers your name and using magic is outlawed, chill.
>>
No. 999601 ID: b1b4f3

>>999588
By accident? Is that possible?
>>
No. 999629 ID: 80b336

Ooh!
Your so pretty!

I promise to Dive into any portals forming!
>>
No. 999631 ID: ce39da

"If you don't want to get summoned, why haven't you moved on?"
>>
No. 999644 ID: eedbeb
File 162067107010.png - (58.37KB , 900x900 , p93.png )
999644

You bump against Scrunchy reassuringly. “Don’t worry, summonings aren’t very common anymore and if you haven’t been summoned for a while, the mortals shouldn’t remember you either.”

They lower their head and don’t meet your eyes. “It’s still possible.” they say.

“Why don’t you move on if you don’t want to be summoned?” you ask.

Scrunchy looks vaguely embarrassed. “I find the idea…unethical.”
>>
No. 999645 ID: eedbeb
File 162067110716.png - (33.97KB , 900x900 , p94.png )
999645

You’re not too sure how that’s possible, but you don’t want to press the elder if it makes them uncomfortable.

“I will take any portal that forms while you’re at the show.” you promise. “It will be very safe and you’ll have a good time.”

“Very well.” the elder says. Scrunchy follows you back to where you left your great aunt.

You’ve convinced enough elders for the comedy show. Do you:
-Prepare your jokes
-Greet attendees
-Check in on a mortal (Jo, Emma, the mole, or Gruoch)
>>
No. 999646 ID: b1b4f3

Check on Emma.
>>
No. 999647 ID: afe7de

You promised not to use the stars you got from this so it’s okay to check on Jo or Emma
>>
No. 999660 ID: eedbeb
File 162068356422.png - (94.16KB , 900x900 , p95.png )
999660

>Check on Emma

You pull up the Magic TV to make sure your delicate killing machine is in fine working condition. Sure enough, Emma is suffocating a lizard on her nimble wrist, spit frothing up around her bitten forearm. You can sense the ring is on a finger that’s down the lizard’s throat.

It’s been four days in mortal time, and since Emma is still alive and you haven’t had to write any stern notes to other Magics, you assume your creation has it under control. This makes you very proud of your craftsmanship.
>>
No. 999661 ID: eedbeb
File 162068358130.png - (66.01KB , 900x900 , p96.png )
999661

As you watch Emma eat the body, you hear the swell of voices as Magics arrive at the impromptu stage and microphone the elders have set up. Most of the conversation sounds pleasant, if indifferent to the art of a good joke.

You put away the TV once your parents arrive.

“You’ll be going up there and telling jokes then?” you father says with an encouraging smile.
>>
No. 999667 ID: 031458

>>999661
Oh definitely. Though I would like to watch a couple people first to get a feel for the room. I'm kinda new at this.
>>
No. 999672 ID: bc7042

Oh yeah, definitely, quick contact Jo and ask for some jokes you’re actually very bad at it. Or maybe the brainwashed boyfriend material dude?
>>
No. 999675 ID: 23e313

Why not both?
>>
No. 999695 ID: eedbeb
File 162070226291.png - (67.80KB , 900x900 , p97.png )
999695

“Oh yes, for sure.” you say. Crap, you should have come up with some jokes instead of watching Emma kill people, you’re totally unprepared. Hopefully you can watch a few other Magics before it’s your turn.

Your form almost shatters when you hear your great aunt calling for you. She ushers you up to the stage.

“Since this was your idea, you can go first.” she says. You are going to die.
>>
No. 999696 ID: eedbeb
File 162070228014.png - (93.10KB , 900x900 , p98.png )
999696

You need help, and fast. Jo probably has some jokes right? Mortals are funny, have to be or else they get depressed. Shit, everyone is watching you…

“Excuse me for a moment.” you tell the assembled Magics. You bring back the TV and quickly find Jo who is MAKING OUT WITH THE FUCKING MOLE.

You scream, loud and shrill. “Stop kissing! Stop kissing right now!!”

Jo and the mole separate like a pair of opposing magnets. “What the fuck?” Jo says. “Dude, don’t reveal yourself when I’m with other people!”

“I cursed him, it doesn’t matter—“

“You what—“

“I’m what—“ the mole says, horrified.
>>
No. 999700 ID: 23e313

"I made sure you don't have mole...cule of self-control around her. Your boyfriend will probably kill you with an iron...ny bat!"
>>
No. 999703 ID: 8fb3ba

Do magic die? Because you are dying up there.
Try to remember a joke your mom or dad told you that you thought was funny. They'll probably laugh along if you tell it and that's better than no laughs.
>>
No. 999705 ID: bc7042

You know, originally I was worried that this was going to be really bad but then I realized you were magic and if anything this will be a good thing, getting her to not want to summon you again because now she’s worried about what you are manipulating in her life, just shrug it off and ask for help with jokes. She summoned you for help with problems you can bother her for something stupid simple like this, right?
>>
No. 999708 ID: 031458

YOU MADE THEM DO THIS CHILL OUT
Also his curse only kicks in when she dies so- HAH NO TIME TO EXPLAIN TURN THAT SHIT OFF

"Heh, mortals and their mouth parts amirite? When were around they use them to make perfectly good screams, but as soon as you leave them alone they start sucking on each other. I pop into a room hearing moaning and wet expecting to see a wild animal chewing on the delicious innards of a dying man. You ever seen that? That's a good time right there. But I get there and what do I see? The wild animals were the mortals all along."
>>
No. 999713 ID: 0fae41

Nevermind, everything is working as intended.
You'll just have to improvise on your own.
...What's the deal with magic plane food?
Why's it so crowded in this plane anyway? You'd think that in an endless inky abyss, it'd be easier to a-VOID people! Get it?
>>
No. 999714 ID: b1b4f3

>>999696
Yeah you cursed him so that he'd have a compulsion to join the mob as a hitman. Become a whack-er-mole.
And you cursed her too. She'll be compelled to travel to Japan, so she'd be an East-er bunny. (or some other country that makes sense here)

NOW DANCE, MORTALS. Dance for our amusement!
If they actually do it, go "why are you doing what I tell you, isn't that backwards?"
>>
No. 999741 ID: eb1fcc

>>999696
"Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven was a registered six offender!"

"Why don't vampires need condoms? They need permission to come inside!"
>>
No. 999763 ID: eedbeb
File 162075663591.png - (101.21KB , 900x900 , p99.png )
999763

“Don’t worry about it, it was just something quick to make you fall in love with Jo so she’d cheat on her boyfriend.” you explain.

The mole starts sobbing into his paws. Jo slides off the bed and approaches your view.

“Why would you be such an asshole?” she says. “I thought we had a good deal going on—“

“IT DOESN’T MATTER.” you shout. “TELL ME HOW TO BE FUNNY RIGHT NOW.”

“I don’t fucking know, try to do puns or something!”

You rack your brains and address the crowd. “Why’s it so crowded in this plane anyway? You’d think in an endless abyss it’d be easier to a-VOID people.”
>>
No. 999764 ID: eedbeb
File 162075664467.png - (83.27KB , 900x900 , p100.png )
999764

>>
No. 999765 ID: eedbeb
File 162075674264.png - (46.78KB , 900x900 , p101.png )
999765

“It didn’t work! They’re just staring at me.” you howl.

“Okay, okay, calm down, uh, try sex jokes, like ‘why do vampires need condoms’?” Jo says.

You can’t deal with this. “No way! Mortal sex is gross, think of something else.”

“Jesus Christ, I’m not a comedian, you can’t ask me to come up with jokes. I don’t even know what you Magics think is funny!”

The mole is still crying and Jo looks furious. If you tell another bad joke you’ll never be able talk to your parents again out of embarrassment. What do you do?
>>
No. 999767 ID: 094652

Switch gears and try sketch comedy!
Play pool, then have a 10,000 pound steamroller crash through the board and scream "did somebody order a corner pocket of pizza?"
>>
No. 999781 ID: 031458

Welp nothing to do but run I guess.

Use the power of the RED STAR and punch yourself into the mortal realm through the viewing portal without being summoned.

Tell the Mole the negatives of curse won't affect him so long as Jo lives, and then take your leave.

Realize that you probably have No way back home just a little too late.
>>
No. 999784 ID: 0fae41

Slapstick. Make something funny happen to the mole!
>>
No. 999799 ID: 23e313

Perform the greatest joke of all: a magic that feels bad for causing so much unduly misery.
>>
No. 999804 ID: eedbeb
File 162077967549.png - (78.79KB , 900x900 , p102.png )
999804

>Slapstick and sketch comedy

You draw on your meager power supply and manifest a steamroller which you ride into the back of the stage, destroying the flimsy set.

“Did somebody order a pizza?” you bellow, and then let the steamroller flatten you into a circular sheet.
>>
No. 999805 ID: eedbeb
File 162077970351.png - (75.70KB , 900x900 , p103.png )
999805

The crowd starts to laugh and then erupts into applause that generates a flurry of green sparks. You survived.

“I’m next.” Scrunchy says, and nudges you off the stage. You take the TV with you and slither to the edge of the crowd. Nobody is looking at you anymore. Everyone is excited to see what Scrunchy has to say.

The elder taps the microphone and takes a deep breath.

“I regret causing so much suffering.” they say.
The audience howls with laughter.
>>
No. 999806 ID: 124d4d

And in that moment Scrunchie was attempting to be summoned but you hop in instead.
>>
No. 999807 ID: 23e313

Use the red star to do your best Karl Marks impersonation!
>>
No. 999808 ID: b1b4f3

>>999805
That was probably the truth. Poor Scrunchy.
Ask what they did!
>>
No. 999813 ID: 23e313

I realized I mispelled Karl Marx. Apologies.
>>
No. 999818 ID: eedbeb
File 162079087980.png - (59.95KB , 900x900 , p104.png )
999818

You’ve heard a few of Scrunchy’s stories, mostly from other Magic’s now that you think about it. They were a very popular magic back in the old days, spending more time in the mortal world than home until they became a recluse.

You want to learn more and you clamor with the crowd for Scrunchy to continue.

“Most of you have heard,” Scrunchy gulps and you see tears creeping out of their eye. “That I am very old. That I was brash when I was first summoned. And that the mortals referred to me as God.”

There’s some cheering, but it’s halfhearted and confused.

“I flooded the world. I killed sons and daughters. But the worst part was that I created converts and missionaries who spread the word of me as something to be revered.”
>>
No. 999820 ID: eedbeb
File 162079116767.png - (65.78KB , 900x900 , p105.png )
999820

“And the lie I taught them was that there was a heaven! That they have something to hope for after death instead of the doom that awaits! There are still some that pray to me when they are sick or dying. I hear every one.”

The Magics aren’t laughing anymore. There’s some nervous muttering and the Magics on the edge of the crowd start to leave.

“My predecessors made the rules which we must follow, concerned that the mortals would take advantage of our power. They made the wrong choice.” Scrunchy continues.

As the elder speaks, tendrils of red start to wrap around them. Someone is already trying to summon Scrunchy! You race towards the stage, shove Scrunchy out of the way, and manage to take the portal in time.
>>
No. 999821 ID: 7adb7d

Wink to Scrunchie and mentally prepare yourself for what is probably going to be an extremely stressful summoning.
>>
No. 999825 ID: 094652

"Ow my continuity."
>>
No. 999827 ID: 23e313

Wait, I'm confused, wasn't misery and terror %100 neccesary to power magic up?

Eh, screw it. Let's perform whatever task we are told to do while increasing the world's KINDNESS and WELL-BEING.

Fuck the goverment.

The magic one, that is.
>>
No. 999847 ID: 33dd48

>>999827
DO IT
>>
No. 999867 ID: eedbeb
File 162084080148.png - (60.83KB , 900x900 , p106.png )
999867

What surprising insight from Scrunchy! You knew that you had to cause TERROR and MISERY when you did your business in the mortal world, but not that the rules were because of some crotchety Magics who were long retired. You agree that they made a bad decision and resolve to attempt to increase KINDNESS instead.

There might be limits to what you can do, since you get part of your power from negative emotions, but you’re still omnipotent, stupid guidelines or not. You wonder if there will be consequences at home.

You mentally prepare yourself for whatever poor sap has summoned you.
>>
No. 999868 ID: eedbeb
File 162084081213.png - (114.04KB , 900x900 , p107.png )
999868

“Oh, it’s you.” Gruoch says, clutching a bucket of vomit to her side where she’s slumped against a nondescript wall. “When I was praying for this migraine to stop, I wasn’t planning on summoning anyone.”

She wipes her mouth and sighs. “Mind explaining why you’re using so much power on me? My anti-Magic curse is driving me nuts.”
>>
No. 999870 ID: b1b4f3

>>999868
Tell her you don't know what she's talking about, you never used your powers on her.
God, this has something to do with the rings, doesn't it? See if you can investigate her somehow.
>>
No. 999872 ID: b348d4

Ask if flicking her head off again will make the migraine stop. Also, you can’t explain why but it might narrow it down if she describes the effects in more detail.
>>
No. 999874 ID: 05a2ab

Check your magic connections with her and see if you really are using magic on her, also check where you are, are you still in the bunker?

Don’t offer to knock off her head, maybe scan her and see if there’s something you can do to alleviate the headache. If she asks why you are being nice just say you made her suffer enough when you tried to kill her twice. Consider it a freebie.
>>
No. 999880 ID: ecd7fb

Oh hey it’s the cursed rat, yeah we got nothing to do with ya this time but sure we can remove the headache. Tell her that your currently bumbling around the idea of changing up how magic works, messing with the status quo. God’s kinda tired of hearing everyone’s prayers, thinking it might do good to make em come true.
>>
No. 999881 ID: 031458

>>999868
I'm not. I was instructed not to mess with you nor throw you into the sun.
What's more, today I need to attempt "Kindness".
I'll check what's going on with you, bare with me.

Bring up a window about Gruoch that displays thier current status. All effects on them magic and otherwise. I want to see what boobs and curses they have, and how they are linked.
>>
No. 999897 ID: 99cd0c

Annoy her until her negative emotions fuel you enough, after that.....

Resurrect her children.
>>
No. 999900 ID: 094652

... Well, kindness to some and terror and misery to others. Dependent on context.
Keep the Balance in check and all that. For instance...
>>999897
Half-formed zombie children. See if she's willing to eat them again just to stay immortal.
>>
No. 999901 ID: eedbeb
File 162086374490.png - (50.91KB , 900x900 , p108.png )
999901

“I ain’t done shit.” you say. “I’m nice now.”

Gruoch starts to laugh and then heaves into her bucket. “Right, and you just happened to be the Magic who was summoned before my headache started.”

You sigh and squint at the rat. Your mom’s curse is recognizable, and you see several others churning against each other. The anti-Magic one is squirming like an impaled slug. None of them are yours, and you can’t see anything in there that isn’t hundreds of years old.

“I don’t know what’s wrong but it’s not me.” you repeat. “I can try to fix it, if you want.”
>>
No. 999902 ID: eedbeb
File 162086375794.png - (31.19KB , 900x900 , p109.png )
999902

“Yes, by taking my head off again.” Gruoch sneers.

“I said I was nice now! I’m not gonna follow the rules and that means being KIND instead of a jerk that makes my summoner cheat on her boyfriend. If you want me to fix it tell me what’s wrong.”

Gruoch groans and rubs her forehead. “It’s a simple curse. It gives me a very motivational migraine whenever a foreign Magic is trying to affect me. The longest it’s ever lasted before was a day. At this point I’m ready to do anything to make it stop, including killing your summoner.”
>>
No. 999903 ID: b1b4f3

>>999902
Well if the anti-Magic curse is reacting to something you can't detect, and it happened right after you were summoned the last time, then it's probably something related to Joanne. Maybe she's using the rings wrong?

Here's a simple experiment we can do. Take the red star and just put it close to Gruoch's head. See if the anti-magic curse reacts to it, even if you don't turn the star into anything.
>>
No. 999904 ID: fd7fd1

Ah, I think I get it. She’s keeping track of magic use in the city, we gave the fox the ability to avoid detection, she’s actively trying to figure out stuff in the city, and because of this is suffering adverse effects. Tough shit she’ll have to just deal with it.
>>
No. 999909 ID: 99cd0c

Maybe we can turn the curse into a tangible concept and extract it safely from her body.
>>
No. 999914 ID: 031458

>including killing your summoner
Don't be like that. I'm being legit.

Let's start with something simple.
Remove their ability to feel pain. This is inherently both a blessing and curse so it shouldn't break the taboo or need star power. It also prevents you from having to tamper with moms curses just yet.

It won't kill the lightheadedness or nausea of a migraine either, but the rat will be less debilitated.

Mention that she actually summoned "god", but god sent you instead.
>>
No. 999920 ID: eedbeb
File 162087207984.png - (50.41KB , 900x900 , p110.png )
999920

“You haven’t though.” you say, a hint of a threat in your tone.

“Of course not, you didn’t give us good information and nobody’s reported her yet.” Gruoch sighs. “Go away if you aren’t going to be useful.”

The rat falls silent and you take a moment to think. You’re sure that you didn’t do anything to Gruoch when you made Emma, but maybe this is some bizarre side effect of creating the rings. You’ll have to take them back from Jo and Emma when you get the chance.
>>
No. 999921 ID: eedbeb
File 162087209856.png - (83.00KB , 900x900 , p111.png )
999921

While you’re here, you’d like to do something to help Gruoch. The simplest solution would be to dull her pain, but funnily enough one of the curses has already beaten you to it.

You need to extract the anti-Magic curse, which is understandably impossible. You grit your teeth and start trying to drag the wiggly thing out of her body.

Your form shakes and you imagine the curse as a particularly stubborn kidney stone that you’re pulling out of the rat’s stomach. It’s mentally uncomfortable and not effective.

“Don’t hurt yourself.” Gruoch says. The rat looks taken aback by your strained face.

You gasp and slump back to the floor. You can’t remove the curse directly. Do you:
-Leave the curse
-Use your red star
-Fuel your curse undoing with a lot of excruciating murder
>>
No. 999922 ID: b1b4f3

Using the star might make things worse. You promised not to use it until you saw what the rings did, anyway.
Lots of murder to get the power would mean going back on your decision to stop being a jerk.

So "leave it" is the right choice here, though I wonder if we can't do something else? Instead of undoing the curse, maybe you can just weaken its pain a little? Or put it to sleep for a little bit, or put HER to sleep for a little bit? Not sure if that would count as a curse. Heck maybe you can just fetch her some medication. Stealing it is fine.
>>
No. 999936 ID: 0fae41

Stick around, because you're going to be useful. You could make a clone of her and transplant all the bits of her except the anti-Magic curse onto the still-living other body. Still, that leaves the mystery of why the curse is going off in the first place. What other magics are active, and what are they doing right now? Did they pull some sort of massive effect that rewrote reality? Is the migraine actually our Emma, waiting to burst out of her skull and kill her?
>>
No. 999950 ID: 031458

Is there anyone i could kill that would make the world a better place to do so?
List the names. They will fuel the power.
>>
No. 999953 ID: 99cd0c

What if we fuel the curse removal by causing a world wide spook! (not a panic, just a spook)

Otherwise let's leave the curse for now.
>>
No. 999954 ID: 8750b5

Have her open up to her many existing mental traumas from the horrible choices she made in life and use the grief to fuel the removal.
>>
No. 999988 ID: c9ec6c

Wait can we fuel it with irony?
Like, get rid of the that migrane curse and replace it with one that makes Gruoch crave pain when a magic is near instead?
>>
No. 999996 ID: eedbeb
File 162092198276.png - (59.50KB , 900x900 , p112.png )
999996

This is a difficult decision. You don’t feel comfortable using the red star when the gold star is causing the problem in the first place, but you also don’t want to generate the necessary TERROR and MISERY to pull out the curse.

You can’t transfer Gruoch’s mind to a new body, because the curse is blocking your ability to affect her. You could still throw her into the sun, but that would upset your mother. Come to think of it, removing the curse would probably piss off whoever put it there in the first place.
>>
No. 999997 ID: eedbeb
File 162092203932.png - (80.98KB , 900x900 , p113.png )
999997

You halfheartedly decide that reopening Gruoch’s psychological trauma is the way to go. You never met Gruoch’s children and your mother didn’t pass knowledge of them onto you, but you can make an educated guess.

You create a swarm of small rats, pathetic things that scramble over Gruoch’s legs and cry for love and attention.

Gruoch watches them with dead eyes for a moment, then grabs the closest rat and squeezes.

“Mother!” it squeaks. “Mother, don’t hurt me!”

She keeps squeezing until its ribs crack and it stops struggling. Then she pops it into her mouth.

“If you can’t take it out, try to find out what’s causing the problem.” she suggests, like you’re a struggling third grader.
>>
No. 1000006 ID: eb1fcc

>>999997
>like a third grader
you know what? that's pretty validating, given we're still a newborn.

Can't really call overestimation condescending now, can we?
>>
No. 1000010 ID: dc230f

Take out the curse and cause her more terror and misery, she sucks anyway. Maybe making her miserable will make the world better in some way.
>>
No. 1000026 ID: 99cd0c

Okay, let's scour the general area to see what's causing the problem.
>>
No. 1000031 ID: b1b4f3

>>999997
Alright go scout around.
>>
No. 1000032 ID: eedbeb
File 162093841856.png - (58.61KB , 900x900 , p114.png )
1000032

Gruoch is right. You can’t stop the curse so you’re going to do the next best thing: scout around and be really hammy about it.

You leave the rat and emerge from a tall apartment building wearing your finest detective material. Jo and Emma live on the other side of the country, and you have a pleasant trip from the shadows of a government office to the alley where Emma is walking in the early morning light.
>>
No. 1000033 ID: eedbeb
File 162093844134.png - (76.17KB , 900x900 , p115.png )
1000033

The fox is going back to Jo’s place, lower half transparent and mouth covered in blood. One of the rings winks at you from her finger. She’s not using it and you can’t detect any curses, or really any magical activity at all.

How do you investigate?
>>
No. 1000061 ID: dc230f

Study the connections and thoughts between the ring and the fox? Maybe scout for magic signatures in the city? Maybe you can talk to other Magic’s and see what they’re doing or if anyone’s doing a citywide magic or something like that
>>
No. 1000062 ID: 0fae41

Emma's busy. Find Jo and use her ring to call Emma.
>>
No. 1000073 ID: b1b4f3

>>1000033
Get a magnifying glass and inspect the ring visually up close.
>>
No. 1000075 ID: 99cd0c

First off, let's change Emma a bit so that she doesn't want to kill like crazy anymore. She already did anough to avert attention from Joannne.

And just out of curiosity, let's read Grouch mind to find out what she thinks about having eaten her children, as well as our little attempt at traumatizing her with the ratlings a moment ago.
>>
No. 1000080 ID: 031458

Hmm. Hide in/around ring. Inspect transparency.
>>
No. 1000082 ID: b1b4f3

Oh, what exactly was the process you used when making the rings? Did you think about Groucho at all?
>>
No. 1000088 ID: eedbeb
File 162096271016.png - (67.82KB , 900x900 , p116.png )
1000088

Emma seems busy stalking more prey. She growls at you with irritation when you reveal yourself.

“Can I have your ring for a bit? I think it’s doing something weird and I need to ask another Magic about it.” you say.

The fox isn’t impressed. “It’s rude to ask people to return gifts.” she says, before offering you the ring on her palm.

You inspect it with a comically large magnifying glass. There is once again a suspicious lack of anything. So suspicious, in fact, that it reminds you of what your great aunt told you about retirement, when Magics go where they cannot be found.

You have a lead! The nearest Magic construct is a storage site in the mountains nearby. Maybe if you get the owner’s attention, they can tell you more about retirement.
>>
No. 1000090 ID: eedbeb
File 162096272381.png - (67.93KB , 900x900 , p117.png )
1000090

“Try not to kill so many people.” you tell Emma before you teleport away.

The cliff you find has a strong Magic signature. When you knock on the sheer rock face, you immediately get a neat, handwritten note. It reads:
Dear kin that is trying to access all of the nuclear weapons in the world, think about what you’re doing and find a better use for your time.
>>
No. 1000101 ID: dc230f

Go in and try to get their attention you guess? If you have a link to Magic’s using that note then maybe send a note back to them?
>>
No. 1000104 ID: b1b4f3

Try to tell them you're not doing that, you need to talk to them about an item you made.
>>
No. 1000124 ID: 031458

Not me! Hey! I got a question unrelated to mass destruction!

Don't make me go in there!
>>
No. 1000126 ID: 094652

"I'm just a junior archaeologist looking for evidence that God (as a manifested concept) doesn't exist! Does your nuclear weapons storage have any?"
>>
No. 1000170 ID: eedbeb
File 162100346511.png - (43.25KB , 900x900 , p118.png )
1000170

You ignore the letter and keep knocking. When that doesn’t get further response you reach into the cliff and pull out a hefty bomb.

“No no no!” A new Magic pushes itself out from the rock. It’s the third elder, the one you didn’t get the chance to talk to for the disastrous comedy show. “Didn’t you see my note, child?”

“I was just getting your attention, I have a question and I have to get in answered while I’m in the mortal realm.” you explain. You show it your ring. “Could this have caused a retirement? My summoner is getting affected by some Magic that I can’t detect and I think it’s extradimensional.”
>>
No. 1000171 ID: eedbeb
File 162100348276.png - (36.38KB , 900x900 , p119.png )
1000171

The elder looks uncertain for a moment. “You are referring to Gruoch, correct? That is very possible.”

It hunkers down and you lean in, ready to hear a story.

“Are you familiar with the mortal concept of hell?” You nod. “Mind you, we only have one Magic’s word on this, so take it how you will, but when a Magic retires they create hell for every mortal they came in close contact with.”

The elder takes a moment to prepare its next thoughts. “This ring, which you made from a potent mix of our power, may have caused a disturbance in this plane, a pseudo retirement, trapping a copy of your summoners inside.”
>>
No. 1000178 ID: afe7de

So does it just kill all the summoners and bring them to hell when they retire, dead ones too?
>>
No. 1000184 ID: 99cd0c

And also, how do I fix this purgatory these copies are now in?
>>
No. 1000186 ID: b1b4f3

Well shit. How do you stop it? Is it possible to create a heaven instead? Or at least a limbo?
>>
No. 1000193 ID: 031458

But isn't that still due to the ancient taboo thing?

Isn't the reason we must curse itself due to a curse?

This Crimson Star was created in the spirit of revolution! Tell me where this curse on the world resides! My star SCREAMS to unravel it!
>>
No. 1000203 ID: eedbeb
File 162102751216.png - (25.60KB , 900x900 , p120.png )
1000203

You gasp with horror and drop your detective pipe. “Wait, so we normally cause a lot of MISERY and TERROR in the mortal realm, but retirement is doing that forever! That’s just mean!”

“That’s why one Magic tried to undo it and return home, which proved to be fatal. It is not a decision that one makes lightly.” says the elder. “I’m neither here nor there on the idea, though I’m sure one day I will move on.”

You understand now why Scrunchy was so against the idea of retirement. The stupid be a dickhead rules even extend beyond space and time.
>>
No. 1000204 ID: eedbeb
File 162102754223.png - (41.81KB , 900x900 , p121.png )
1000204

Somewhere, versions of Gruoch and Emma and Jo are trapped in some endless nightmare. Maybe Gruoch isn’t suffering a badly, since she has Magic resistance, but with your newfound devotion to KINDNESS, this cannot stand!

“How do I stop it?” you ask.

The elder clicks their tongue. “You do have another star, which you could use to cancel out the rings or travel to the retirement dimension without actually retiring. Perhaps there is a way to destroy the rings back home? This is all new and untested, and I cannot promise anything.”

You have an important decision to make. You can resolve the situation a number of ways, with mixed results for each solution. Do you:

-Use the red star to destroy the yellow star (the people who are trapped will cease to exist)
-Use the red star to travel to retirement land (you may become trapped or fall ill when you return home)
-Go home and rally the Magics to your cause (will have a set chance of failure)
-Continue with life as normal
>>
No. 1000205 ID: 094652

Retirement land adventure! Woo!
>>
No. 1000207 ID: 79de43

>>1000205
Time to go set things right, to retirement land!
>>
No. 1000208 ID: 0fae41

Let it keep going. If you're devoted to spreading kindness, but your power relies on negative emotions, why not contain all the suffering in a pocket dimension? Hell wasn't real, but now you've gone and done it. So... good job.
>>
No. 1000209 ID: 0db891

Go to retirement land, though if you could get another star before you did that might help.
>>
No. 1000216 ID: b1b4f3

>>1000204
Well, make sure the Elder will spread the word back home about the consequences of using stars.
>>
No. 1000228 ID: 99cd0c

I would vote rallying the magics to our cause. Being a big damn hero sounds neat.

>>1000208 The elder said there are already multiple Hells, one for each magic that went into retirement.
>>
No. 1000235 ID: eedbeb
File 162104051501.png - (52.82KB , 900x900 , p122.png )
1000235

>Use the red star to travel to retirement land

You can’t stand by while innocent mortals are tormented for eternity. It might be risky but this way you can save everyone.

Your red star floats off your form and swells until it frames your edges. You channel your desires into it, and whisper ‘fuck the government’ for good luck.

“Tell everyone not to use stars! And tell my parents that I’ll be back!” you shout to the elder as the points of the star wrap around you.

“I will. Good luck!”

You leave this plane.
>>
No. 1000236 ID: eedbeb
File 162104052860.png - (152.70KB , 900x900 , p123.png )
1000236

You are now operating out of this quest: https://questden.org/kusaba/quest/res/999168.html

Without our hero, whose point of view shall be explored here?

-Jo
-Emma
-Gruoch
-The Mole
>>
No. 1000237 ID: 094652

Be all of them at the same time
>>
No. 1000240 ID: 031458

You know what. Lets take a look at the life of everyone's least favorite miserable immortal.
>>
No. 1000241 ID: 0fae41

Emma!
>>
No. 1000244 ID: 894419

The Mole!
>>
No. 1000246 ID: 156101

Emma McMurderMachine
>>
No. 1000249 ID: 360877

Emma
>>
No. 1000254 ID: 99cd0c

Grouch.

Also, let me guess: her last name is Marks.
>>
No. 1000261 ID: eedbeb
File 162104864208.png - (91.83KB , 900x900 , p124.png )
1000261

>POV Emma

After handing over her ring, Emma debates her next move. The Creator just told her to not kill so many people, which she thinks is stupid even though she more privately thinks that there must be a good reason. Maybe she’s bringing too much attention to herself.

The fox slinks through alleys and quiet streets back to Jo’s apartment. She had a productive night, killed a PI investigating the dead girl’s mysterious disappearance. Her stomach is full and her wounds from the fight have healed.
>>
No. 1000263 ID: eedbeb
File 162104877056.png - (100.41KB , 900x900 , p125.png )
1000263

The apartment is quiet. Emma sniffs the air. The mole was here earlier. She’s met him and Chris the boyfriend a couple times and finds them totally uninteresting.

Jo is sleeping in her bed. Emma stands over her, waiting for her to wake up.
>>
No. 1000267 ID: d9cb21

Go sit on the couch and watch crime dramas or murder flicks.
>>
No. 1000283 ID: 094652

Hug.
>>
No. 1000292 ID: f2320a

>>1000263
looks like its time to laze around and drink beer while masturbate to murder mysteries, murder documentaries specifically about spouses that is very awkwardly sexual or atleast open about the murder fucking, all the over the top murder action police shows americans produce and the very depressing very personal Norwegian murder shows that is bit of a drama.

(from experience from owning a tv and leaving it on, shows that middle aged people watch there is a awkward amount of shows and documentaries about murders how they did them and there motivations and american ones specifically about spouses and angry house wives like there is a fucking show for nearly any niche of murder/missing-person/kidnappings or tear jerking sad porn just fucking endless amounts of it and reruns its like that fucking one south park episode about it that it honestly makes me worry what people in there 30s and 40s and so on are watching because it should be enough to satisfy any sociopath or psychopath.)
>>
No. 1000320 ID: eedbeb
File 162110080373.png - (113.31KB , 900x900 , p126.png )
1000320

Emma waits for maybe half an hour. It’s not even that early in the morning and the rabbit is still snoozing and drooling and being a general annoyance.

Emma gives up and fetches a can of beer from the fridge. She pops the tab and settles down to watch the show the Creator introduced to her.
>>
No. 1000321 ID: eedbeb
File 162110087922.png - (105.22KB , 900x900 , p127.png )
1000321

After a few episodes, Emma switches to the morning news, sick of overproduced crime dramas that don’t even show realistic gore. To her surprise, she sees the mole’s head shot next to the newscaster.

“—recent self-report of Magic activity in the greater Columbidae area. Government officials have not publicly identified the summoner. The individual who made the report was inflicted with a curse and will be held until the side effects are identified.”

The mole snitched on them! Emma leaps to her feet and looks out the window to make sure the police haven’t arrived as the TV blabs about the dangers of Magic and to be on the lookout for any suspicious activity.
>>
No. 1000322 ID: 8cb67d

Wake up your summoner and immediately inform her, now might be a good time for her to figure out countermeasures
>>
No. 1000324 ID: 0fae41

You should make sure you aren't being followed and tell Jo it's time to go.
>>
No. 1000327 ID: 031458

Kick Jo awake.
Bitch look at the news.
We need to fuckin move.
NOW
>>
No. 1000347 ID: eedbeb
File 162111550773.png - (147.63KB , 900x900 , p128.png )
1000347

Once Emma’s sure they aren’t surrounded, she runs to the bedroom.

“Wake up!” she snarls, with a generous shove that makes her wrists creak.

The rabbit flails around in her sheets before sitting up. “What’s going on?”

“You got reported, police could be here any second. We have to get out of the city.”
>>
No. 1000348 ID: eedbeb
File 162111552367.png - (39.76KB , 900x900 , p129.png )
1000348

Jo frowns and rubs her eyes. “Have you told the Magic? It can help.”

Emma shakes her head. “The Creator got summoned by someone else. Apparently the rings have weird side effects that are causing problems for people. It took my ring to investigate.”

“Not causing problems for us, though, right? I’ll try to call.”

Jo sticks out her hand with the remaining ring and waves it around. Nothing happens.
>>
No. 1000353 ID: 0d6409

Oh wow that fox is perpetually pissed off. Yeah it’s time to high tale it out of the city, but like, carefully and all that.
>>
No. 1000355 ID: f2320a

>>1000321
yeah magic should probably not have done that truth bomb on the sex mole rabbit had
>>
No. 1000356 ID: 031458

Welp. Worry about the ring later GET YOUR SHIT AND GET OUT
>>
No. 1000357 ID: 99cd0c

It's time for Emma to take the plunge while Joanne skips town!
>>
No. 1000372 ID: eedbeb
File 162113039538.png - (97.64KB , 900x900 , p130.png )
1000372

Jo scrambles to pack a bag with clothes and toiletries while Emma stands watching her. The Creator said her duty was to protect the rabbit, so Emma will until she finds something better to do with her time.

There will be soldiers coming and they will try to shoot Jo on sight. Emma’s learned enough in a week to know that summoners only stop breaking the law when they’re dead.

Does Emma:
-Stay with Jo and protect her as they escape together
-Create a distraction so Jo can escape alone (the distraction is murder)
>>
No. 1000377 ID: 99cd0c

It's bodyguard time.

Take Joanne to the safest of safe places.
>>
No. 1000379 ID: 0fae41

Create a distraction. Jo can't use the escape routes you can.
>>
No. 1000383 ID: b8c14a

Create a distraction, maybe someone related to the dead girl is around and it can be related
>>
No. 1000402 ID: d84b76

>>1000372
Murder distraction likely won't work. They've made it sound like they already know who she is. Stick close to nearby and assassinate would be assassins.
>>
No. 1000488 ID: 12b116

Bodyguard/assassinate the assassin seems like a better idea than distraction.
>>
No. 1000500 ID: eedbeb
File 162121516548.png - (63.87KB , 900x900 , p131.png )
1000500

To Emma’s great disappointment, she can’t justify leaving Jo alone while the rabbit tries to escape. The Creator would be most displeased to learn that she didn’t try her best, so that means being subtle and taking Jo somewhere safe and anonymous.

Emma isn’t too sure where that would be besides as far from the apartment as possible. Jo finishes packing and fusses around the apartment until Emma practically barks at her to move.
>>
No. 1000501 ID: eedbeb
File 162121517853.png - (143.08KB , 900x900 , p132.png )
1000501

Chris, the boyfriend, is waiting for them in the hallway.

“Jo, the Magic Control Department contacted me half an hour ago and asked me to talk to you. Please come with me and turn yourself in. I promise they just want to ask you some questions and make sure they’re aware of everything you might have cursed.”

Emma shoves her paw into his open mouth. Her thin bones snap as she forces her hand through the gaps in the skull and out of the other fox’s eye.

Jo chokes on a sob as Emma flicks the body to the side. No time to eat. They need to go.
>>
No. 1000503 ID: ce39da

"You can ask Magic to revive him later. No time to think, babe; let's just go."

There are multiple countries in this world. How hard can it be to cross a border?

Do try to give a proper apology once you get a moment to breathe; you had a split-second to process who it was that was confronting you two, and he was already dead by the time it registered.
>>
No. 1000504 ID: 12b116

Magic can make her a new Chris later. It's time to leave.
>>
No. 1000505 ID: 031458

Oh no... That was a bad kill... AND your wrist is broken...
Jo needs a disguise. They will be looking for her. You too if they see you with her. Maybe stuff her in some luggage. She's small.
>>
No. 1000507 ID: bd1ba8

Jo starts to freak out being like blah blah he’s the reason all this started, to protect him, blah blah, you’re tired of this so you knock out Jo and bring her with you as you escape. No reason to let her break into hysterics rn, escape is the priority
>>
No. 1000517 ID: 50af53

Broken wrist will cripple you. you need to heal it. Eat just enough. Reinforce to her what you said about making users and tell her that was just a coercion tactic.
>>
No. 1000519 ID: 9675f4

This is all horrible! Why do we do this?

Let's bring the body with us and drive to wherever Joanne thinks is best.
>>
No. 1000543 ID: f2320a

>>1000503
yeah justify it with that perhaps even taking his severed head with us for safeties sake
>>
No. 1000545 ID: f2320a

>>1000543
actual magic has kind of encountered him so i guess he could be in the special place? or must magic personally curse them
>>
No. 1000619 ID: eedbeb
File 162127593578.png - (94.82KB , 900x900 , p133.png )
1000619

Jo stops walking and cries, which Emma finds even more annoying than the pain in her broken fingers and wrist. The Creator can just make the rabbit a new boyfriend later and she was the one who summoned it to traumatize him in the first place.

“I was protecting you.” Emma says, as way of formal apology.

Jo wipes her eyes. “I know. I just—he was the love of my life.”

“I can bring you a souvenir if that’ll shut you up. Like an ear or something.”

Jo sobers up remarkably well. “Ew. No.”
>>
No. 1000620 ID: eedbeb
File 162127597222.png - (68.27KB , 900x900 , p134.png )
1000620

Emma and Jo leave the building and emerge on the sunny sidewalk. The rabbit dons a hat to help disguise her distinctive ears. How do the girls get out of the city?
-Steal a car
-Walk
-Mass transit
>>
No. 1000627 ID: 06781c

Not just steal a car, grand theft auto, kill the guy (girl?) it’s be funny if it was an old lady or man, and then get outta dodge
>>
No. 1000636 ID: 9675f4

Uh....You mean neither Joanne nor Chris had a car?
>>
No. 1000648 ID: 0fae41

Steal a car. Get some fast food, Jo can't drive with tears in her eyes and you can't steer one-handed.
>>
No. 1000654 ID: 0d6409

Walking seems best, stealing a car will get you out of there fast but that's pretty high profile. Mass transit seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
>>
No. 1000684 ID: 031458

Steal a car to get to a downtown office parking garage.
Then steal ANOTHER car while you're there, by ambushing and killing someone trying to get into the car.

That car won't be reported stolen for days at least because the owner will be dead!
>>
No. 1000690 ID: eedbeb
File 162129924620.png - (112.94KB , 900x900 , p135.png )
1000690

>Steal a car

“You know anyone nearby with a car?” Emma asks.

Jo shakes her head. The rabbit takes the trolley to her part-time job and a lot of people in the city use public transportation since it’s well-funded and cheap. Emma grumbles and leads them to the nearest gas station, where she intercepts a penguin about to climb back into the driver’s seat.

Emma snarls at the penguin and the combination of her sharp teeth and ruined hand are enough to scare the penguin away.
>>
No. 1000691 ID: eedbeb
File 162129925698.png - (101.11KB , 900x900 , p136.png )
1000691

“I don’t know how to drive.” says Jo. “Wait, do you know how to drive?”

Emma is too busy glaring at the arrangement of pedals and levers to answer. Some of her memories are car adjacent, and her basic life experience programming is attempting to fill in the gaps.
>>
No. 1000698 ID: 96c896

>>1000691
Ok so you rotate the wheel to turn, and the pedals make the car go and stop, and the stick changes how the car moves...
The rest is finesse.
>>
No. 1000699 ID: 0c668b

She knows how to drive a car but the only thing she doesent know is how hard to push the pedal, so she immediately crashes into a nearby building and they flee another way.
>>
No. 1000700 ID: 031458

Little is go big is stop the sick courses park reverse and forward.
Turn the key in the little flat hole to start.
If you didn't get a key hotwire it
If you don't know how to do that RUN
>>
No. 1000797 ID: eedbeb
File 162135720395.png - (83.62KB , 900x900 , p137.png )
1000797

Emma focuses as hard as she can on the echoes of vehicle knowledge in her brain.

Rotate the wheel to turn…There’s a go pedal and a stop pedal…The stick controls backwards and forwards…

There’s a key in the cup holder and Emma shoves it into the little silver hole and turns. The car rumbles to life and Emma throws it into drive.
>>
No. 1000798 ID: eedbeb
File 162135722293.png - (90.23KB , 900x900 , p138.png )
1000798

They manage not to hit anyone on the way out of the gas station and Emma quickly gets a feel for how hard to push the pedals after almost crashing into the car in front of her.

Jo gives directions to a non-freeway major road and they drive peacefully into the sunset.

Except…Are those sirens?
>>
No. 1000799 ID: e75e37

no
>>
No. 1000802 ID: 7893e3

They better not be.
If they turn out to be, you can’t outrun them. The level of force they’ll use is unknown. You need to get off the road into building cover.
>>
No. 1000806 ID: afe7de

You can’t outrun the cops, turn close to a little wooded area and drop off your summoner, you are the distraction, the killing machine, you can escape easily, she can’t, you did enough for this job
>>
No. 1000827 ID: eedbeb
File 162137292161.png - (102.34KB , 900x900 , p139.png )
1000827

“Did you hear something?” Emma asks.

“Me? No.” Jo says.

Emma relaxes back into driving. It’s kind of fun, the gentle acceleration in a small metal box. She likes small spaces.

The buildings are thinning and patches of the surrounding native woods are replacing them. Emma looks at the trees with keen interest, while keeping one eye on the road.
>>
No. 1000828 ID: eedbeb
File 162137294072.png - (100.40KB , 900x900 , p140.png )
1000828

The thrum of the engine hides the sound of the impending attack.

A military vehicle slams into the rear of the compact car and Jo yelps with surprise. The armored car rams them again and a soldier shouts at them to pull over through a megaphone.

“Stop the car or you will be run off the road!” he yells.
>>
No. 1000829 ID: 0fae41

Not seeing the difference here! Stop the car, it's better than crashing. You'll need to use all your powers of sneaking to surprise them, Emma - take out their driver first if you can.
>>
No. 1000833 ID: 031458

Emma if that car crashes you'll break every bone in your body and die.

Just pull over.
>>
No. 1000864 ID: eedbeb
File 162139498262.png - (97.31KB , 900x900 , p141.png )
1000864

Emma grits her teeth. Jo wouldn’t survive a crash. Come to think of it, she probably wouldn’t either but that’s not as important.

The fox presses the brake and pulls over to the side of the road. Armored vehicles box her in on both ends.

Jo is cowering and Emma flings herself out of the car. Her wrist is still busted and no less than three automatic rifles are immediately pointed in her face.
>>
No. 1000865 ID: eedbeb
File 162139499334.png - (66.70KB , 900x900 , p142.png )
1000865

“Calm down.” a tall, thin rat tells the soldiers as she dismounts from the truck with a groan. “The flight here was an absolute pain, I don’t need gunfire setting off a headache.”

The rat addresses Emma. “Stay there and tell us what you are.”
>>
No. 1000868 ID: 031458

Besides perpetually annoyed?
Guardian.

(It's not a lie and better than assassin.)
>>
No. 1000870 ID: afe7de

Use your powers and try to run, they're going to try to interrogate you about your magic and probably imprison you and probably experiment, so its probably better to try to get killed or escape on your own.
>>
No. 1000876 ID: 96c896

>>1000865
Tell them if they let Jo go, you will cooperate.
>>
No. 1000954 ID: eedbeb
File 162143698929.png - (47.68KB , 900x900 , p143.png )
1000954

Emma can’t take out this many people at once, especially when they have guns. If she runs, she’ll be deserting Jo, which is unacceptable.

“I’m a guardian. A protector.” she says.

The rat tilts her head. “Construct then. The briefing mentioned something about that. Attempt to capture.” she tells the soldiers.

“Are you going to experiment on me?” Emma asks. “I kill you.”
>>
No. 1000955 ID: eedbeb
File 162143700368.png - (69.04KB , 900x900 , p144.png )
1000955

The rat sighs. “Whenever I tell people they could kill me they seem to take it as an invitation, so I’ll be more clear. You cannot. Cooperate and the summoner you are meant to protect will be allowed to live.”

Emma hears Jo gasp. She turns to see the rabbit desperately clutching the ring.
>>
No. 1000959 ID: 031458

That ring is supposed to link us with the creator.
But it isn't working...
The creator is gone...
Will I too cease to work?

*Despair sounds*
>>
No. 1000970 ID: afe7de

Your powers are good at subterfuge, go quietly but plan, plot, and look for opportunities, maybe not the first one you see so you can lull them into a false sense of security. Though you should be wary that they aren’t going to kill your summoner anyway
>>
No. 1000987 ID: 50af53

Narrow eyes at Jo who was supposed to be wait in the car. She has eliminated any other option to you. Then look back at the rat.

Fffffine. I've absolutely no reason to trust you, but I'm in no position to refuse. Then ask Jo for confirmation she approves.
>>
No. 1000990 ID: 96c896

Doesn't look like you have much of a choice. Cooperate.
>>
No. 1001006 ID: eedbeb
File 162145806168.png - (60.18KB , 900x900 , p145.png )
1001006

For the first time in her short life, Emma feels despair. If the ring can’t reach the Creator, the Creator is gone. Is it because she’s a failure? Does that mean she’ll fall apart like a broken doll?

“Fine, I’m cooperating.” Emma says, lowering her paws. She can go along with the soldiers for now, lull them into a false sense of security, and escape with Jo later. With Jo surrounded, she doesn’t have much choice.
>>
No. 1001007 ID: eedbeb
File 162145808344.png - (116.02KB , 900x900 , p146.png )
1001007

The rat looks pleasantly surprised and stands in silent for moment as though waiting for something terrible to happen.

“All right then, you two can join me in the back while we drive to the nearest secure facility.”

Emma and Jo find themselves in the holding cell of one of the armored cars. The rat sits down with a sigh and considers them.

“I’ve summoned your Magic too, you know. It’s an odd one. Says it’s trying to be nice.”
>>
No. 1001010 ID: 96c896

"That would explain why it told me not to kill too many people."
>>
No. 1001011 ID: 525fc0

That seems to check out, all they did seemed to be a genuine attempt to be helpfull.
>>
No. 1001019 ID: 031458

It made this.... Hold out the ring and another one which it took apparently, without cursing anyone.
Then it disappeared.
>>
No. 1001025 ID: afe7de

It made me for a specific purpose, then told me not to kill people. I'm getting conflicting information and it's frustrating.
>>
No. 1001050 ID: eedbeb
File 162147643672.png - (55.12KB , 900x900 , p147.png )
1001050

“That would explain why it told me not to kill so many people.” Emma mutters. “Don’t know why it would make me if it didn’t want me to fulfill the reason for my existence.”

“It has been nice. To me, anyway.” Jo says quietly.

“Yes, I sent it on an errand yesterday and as far as I know it did the job without causing a major calamity.” the rat says with a magnanimous shrug. “But we haven’t been able to summon it again. I was hoping we could start a working relationship. Speaking of which, I’m Gruoch. I work for the government.”
>>
No. 1001052 ID: eedbeb
File 162147648989.png - (69.76KB , 900x900 , p148.png )
1001052

Emma gestures at Jo to show the ring to Gruoch, who leans in for a closer look. “It made two of these communication rings from a star and said there weren’t any curses on them. It took mine earlier and we haven’t been able to contact it since then.” she adds.

“The star.” says the rat. “That’s right, it had a red one instead of a gold one when I saw it. What could this mean..?”

Jo shifts nervously while the Gruoch thinks.

“I have an offer for you.” she finally says. “This Magic could be crucial to our futures and it clearly cares about you two. In return for not terminating you for your crimes, help me build a partnership with it.”
>>
No. 1001058 ID: eb1fcc

>>1001052
I mean, sure? He's literally our god and all but they're kind of trusting and straightforward, you can probably just talk to them and they'd go along with it long as you don't try and government skeeze shit bro
>>
No. 1001059 ID: 031458

I mean. That's nice. How about giving us our actual freedom after this partnership is made too?
>>
No. 1001062 ID: d331e0

It's either accept the offer or die, and it's not even much expected from us. Accept the offer (without questioning it or asking for more) and work with them.
>>
No. 1001068 ID: afe7de

>>1001062
This, you probably wouldnt think too much farther ahead since you're probably still plotting escape.
>>
No. 1001075 ID: 53560f

Wow, what a shitty deal. Doesn’t even include insurance or consider the fact that the creator is completely unreachable.
Maybe you could sweeten it a bit?
>>
No. 1001146 ID: eedbeb
File 162153146022.png - (86.67KB , 900x900 , p149.png )
1001146

“That’s a shitty deal.” Emma says. She doesn’t add that the Creator would probably be the rat’s friend without any extra help.

“Yeah, that doesn’t ensure anything. You could still torture us or kill us after you have what you want.” Jo agrees.

Gruoch nods. “Those are reasonable concerns. You will have to take my word. This particular Magic has told me not to harm you, though I don’t have complete control of the department and if you try to escape or attack anyone, the soldiers will shoot to kill. You can make your decision once I contact the Magic again.”
>>
No. 1001150 ID: 1f53e8

Two choices here:

Working with the rat to make further friends with the Magic while learning more about Magics and the goverment in the process.

Or

Somehow managing to escape, spending the rest of their lives as outlaws, and Emma killing over a hundred more people.

Mmyeaaah, I'm gonna go with working with the rat on this one, chief.
>>
No. 1001153 ID: 96c896

Hmm, what about pay?
>>
No. 1001154 ID: 89afd9

Issue. Emma is gonna go mad if she can't act on her basic programmed instinct to indiscriminately kill and eat people.
>>
No. 1001162 ID: eedbeb
File 162154511751.png - (97.87KB , 900x900 , p150.png )
1001162

“Okay, we’ll think about it but I want to ask some more questions.” Jo says. “Would we get money?”

“Do I get to kill people? I like killing people.” Emma interjects.

“Thank you for considering the offer. There will be plenty of funding and we’re always looking for cursed enforcers.” Gruoch says charitably.

What does Emma do for the rest of the ride?
>>
No. 1001170 ID: 1f53e8

Talk to Joanne about her feelings.
>>
No. 1001184 ID: 031458

The magic seemed really. Childish.
Are they all like that?
Can they have kids?
>>
No. 1001195 ID: eedbeb
File 162157037118.png - (44.87KB , 900x900 , p151.png )
1001195

>Talk about feelings

Emma elbows Jo in the side. “How are you doing?”

“Ow! I’m fine. Kind of need to use the bathroom.” Jo replies.

“I mean about the boyfriend dying stuff. And getting captured by the government.”

Jo twists her hands together. “It’s fine. The Magic will fix—“

There’s a clunk above them.

To Emma it sounded like someone had landed on top of the car.
>>
No. 1001196 ID: eedbeb
File 162157038696.png - (86.75KB , 900x900 , p152.png )
1001196

Jo’s ears twitch. “What was that?”

They all listen in silence for a few moments, but don’t hear anything else.

“I’m going to let the driver know.” Gruoch says with a frown. “It almost sounded like someone landed—“

The car turns suddenly, slamming Jo into the wall. The rabbit gasps and slides to the floor.
>>
No. 1001197 ID: eedbeb
File 162157040687.png - (40.40KB , 900x900 , p153.png )
1001197

Emma wrestles for balance as the car careens to a stop. She drops to her knees next to Jo, who is struggling to breathe.

She hears yelling, several gun shots, and then nothing.

The door to the cab opens and a blood covered, uncanny fox locks eyes with her.
>>
No. 1001198 ID: 894419

>>1001197
She looks... tasty! Lets get her!
>>
No. 1001200 ID: 031458

Emma:
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE
Jo: *Abject Horror Noises*
>>
No. 1001201 ID: afe7de

Emma - you must consume the other you.
>>
No. 1001202 ID: 2996dc

Great, she is bulletproof and classic Emma has broken hand.

Yeah, we need to find a way to stall for time until the magic can come rescue them.
>>
No. 1001203 ID: 53560f

She looks god damn DELICIOUS!
Do what comes naturally.
>>
No. 1001239 ID: eedbeb
File 162162745278.png - (69.50KB , 900x900 , p154.png )
1001239

The smell of gore and viscera floods the cell. Emma’s mouth waters.

The other fox doesn’t say anything, but Emma knows what she’s here for. She stands and puts herself in a fighting position, broken paw at her side.

Whoever wins will have proved herself the superior killer.
>>
No. 1001240 ID: eedbeb
File 162162746981.png - (60.50KB , 900x900 , p155.png )
1001240

Emma and E are going to fight! The combat will function under the following simple system:

-The fight begins in neutral
-Emma can take an action to ask for help or try to talk to E while in neutral
-E rolls a 10 sided die, Emma roles a 7 sided die because she is injured
-Whoever rolls higher puts the other person in disadvantage
-If a character loses a roll while in disadvantage they are killed
-If a character wins a roll while in disadvantage the fight returns to neutral
>>
No. 1001241 ID: 96c896

Emma ask Gruoch to back you up. This version of you didn't agree to the deal.
>>
No. 1001243 ID: 031458

Kick her right in the chest!
>>
No. 1001264 ID: afe7de

Ask for backup, CONSUME HER.
>>
No. 1001268 ID: 12e81e

Getting help on a 1v1 is weak move, win using your own ability.
>>
No. 1001275 ID: eedbeb
File 162164752417.png - (104.86KB , 900x900 , p156.png )
1001275

>Ask for backup

“Gruoch.” Emma hisses. “Help me.”

E hesitates, eyes narrowed in puzzled recognition at the rat.

“Hm, since you’re a construct, getting help when fighting your clone might be bad form…” Gruoch says nonchalantly. “Wouldn’t your Magic want the stronger one to survive?”

“We had a deal and I have a broken paw, it’s not fair!” Emma shrieks.

“Alright, I’ll help if it looks like you’re in trouble.”

Emma now has +3 to her roll when in disadvantage.
>>
No. 1001276 ID: eedbeb
File 162164754092.png - (47.72KB , 900x900 , p157.png )
1001276

E gets over her confusion and lunges towards Emma. The colorless fox slams her head into Emma’s fragile skull, knocking her down with an unpleasant crunch.

Emma feels dazed, but tries to get back on her feet before E can pin her to the floor. It’s difficult in the small space and E slams her into the bench.

Emma is in disadvantage! A particularly creative use of her abilities will increase her chances of survival.
>>
No. 1001278 ID: 2996dc

Turn invisible and sneak up from behind!
>>
No. 1001281 ID: 0fae41

Use invisibility and come from an unexpected angle! Go for an ear.
>>
No. 1001285 ID: 96c896

Fit into the tight space between your clone and the floor, slip out from under her!
>>
No. 1001317 ID: 894419

>>1001285
ooh good idea slip between her legs, then turn invisible and slip back when she turns around thinking she knows your ruse!
>>
No. 1001391 ID: eedbeb
File 162171646488.png - (72.85KB , 900x900 , p158.png )
1001391

E tries to pounce and gets tripped by Gruoch’s lean tail. She curses out the rat and Emma uses the distraction to turn invisible.

It feels like dunking her body into a slime bath, dark red fur turning translucent in a patchwork of drips. There’s enough space between E’s legs to squeeze through and attack from behind.

Emma sinks her sharp teeth into E’s ear, ripping the cartilage. With a howl, E tears herself away and the foxes return to neutral.
>>
No. 1001392 ID: eedbeb
File 162171647394.png - (30.71KB , 900x900 , p159.png )
1001392

“You’re lucky you have help.” E spits. Despite her bloody ear, she’s grinning.

There’s a thunk on the roof, similar to the one Emma heard before. She won’t be able to handle two clones at once.
>>
No. 1001394 ID: afe7de

Continue fighting, do something unexpected, drop kick her!
>>
No. 1001395 ID: 5378af

Stay mostly invisible and try to get a sneaky hit in
>>
No. 1001396 ID: c8f715

Go invisible and dropkick her!
Also, why aren't you grinning? Be honest, this is fun!
>>
No. 1001402 ID: 731e54

"And you're lucky I'm injured you cheap knockoff!" Then go for her sternum
>>
No. 1001403 ID: 031458

Jo: *Cough* *Gasp* K- Kick her ass Emma!
>>
No. 1001409 ID: eedbeb
File 162172434831.png - (86.50KB , 900x900 , p160.png )
1001409

“You’re lucky I’m injured.” Emma retorts.

She hears a cough from behind E. Jo has pushed herself off the floor. Her arms are trembling, probably injured from the car crash.

“Kick her ass Emma.” the rabbit gasps.

Jo’s words are emphasized by a series of smaller thunks, as if the person above them is unsure how to get down and is looking for the best vantage point.
>>
No. 1001410 ID: eedbeb
File 162172436189.png - (61.94KB , 900x900 , p161.png )
1001410

Emma focuses and extends her invisibility across her whole body. She won’t be able to hold the power for too long, but hopefully she can finish this in two hits.

E isn’t prepared for a full frontal drop kick that catches her across the sternum. Ribs break under Emma’s heel.

“Agh, my tits.” the faux fox lands on her ass and retches.

E is now in disadvantage.
>>
No. 1001412 ID: 031458

Broken ribs?
RIP HER HEART OUT
CONSUME IT TO GAIN HER STRENGTH
>>
No. 1001421 ID: afe7de

You’ve got a broken arm, give her a broken leg. Even the playing fields.
>>
No. 1001432 ID: 6d11da

She'll be expecting another hit to the chest. Chomp down on her leg!
>>
No. 1001437 ID: 0fae41

Eat your heart out, Emma.
>>
No. 1001449 ID: 094652

Jump up and down on her ribcage until she breaks.

Consider transplant surgery.
>>
No. 1001450 ID: eedbeb
File 162173561104.png - (89.91KB , 900x900 , p162.png )
1001450

With her enemy vulnerable, Emma goes for the kill. She prepares to stab her good paw through E’s damaged chest and heart.

E is ready for her. When Emma attempts to dive forward, E socks her in the diaphragm, knocking the wind out of her and giving her spine a generous realignment.

“You thought that was all I had? Ha!” E is back on her feet in an instant. Despite her injuries she’s still in a good mood.

Emma staggers against the wall. Since Gruoch won’t help, it’ll be difficult to actually end the fight in her favor.
>>
No. 1001451 ID: eedbeb
File 162173562452.png - (34.68KB , 900x900 , p163.png )
1001451

“Uh.” says a familiar voice from the open door.
There’s a stocky rabbit with E’s coloration standing in the doorway. She’s holding a very real brown briefcase.

“Hi J.” says E brightly. “Come help me clobber my other self.”

“No? We should do our own thing instead of worrying about them. Come on, I got a fuck ton of cash.”

E considers the offer. Does Emma let the fox go or continue the fight until one of them dies?
>>
No. 1001454 ID: 96c896

>>1001451
Two rabbits means two guardians are needed. Might as well stop fighting since there's not a lot of point.

Wellllll you could keep fighting but agree for it to be nonlethal. First one to say uncle is the loser and must live with the shame of being inferior. Or if you can't trust eachother to stop or actually aim for nonvitals, call it off.
>>
No. 1001460 ID: 50af53

Magic: show up and be aghast at the situation.
>>
No. 1001469 ID: afe7de

Keeeeep fightinggggg
>>
No. 1001476 ID: 094652

Yes, back off and let the cartoon couple ride off into the sunset with a briefcase of money, whereupon they will be arrested by authorities and pinned for all the stuff you did.
>>
No. 1001477 ID: 894419

Peace? Negotiation? Live and let live? these are all things used by people who aren't as hungry as you. Keep at it! Kill her!
>>
No. 1001510 ID: 031458

E: CREATOR, ORIGINAL, I PROPOSE A PACT!
Let whomever loses this battle be resurrected with a curse so old even I know it's name!
ENHANCE KNOCKERS!
>>
No. 1001529 ID: eedbeb
File 162179048852.png - (80.50KB , 900x900 , p164.png )
1001529

>Keep fighting

“We’re going to finish this.” Emma snarls.

E looks at her in surprise. “Real me, speaking out of some misplaced self-preservation, I don’t think that’s a good idea for your health.”

Emma swings at her and the fight resumes, frantic and bloody.

“So are you the rat?” J asks Gruoch, as they wait for someone to die.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, so probably. You’ll need to be careful here, you stick out as clearly magical.” Gruoch replies.

“We’ll be careful. We can wear clothes and stuff.”
>>
No. 1001530 ID: eedbeb
File 162179050751.png - (95.20KB , 900x900 , p165.png )
1001530

The brawl goes back and forth enough times that Emma loses count. She’s usually the one on the ground or in mortal danger, but with Gruoch’ help she dodges the fatal blows until they’re both a mess of broken bones and smeared blood.

It only takes one mistake—

E’s claws tear open her throat.
>>
No. 1001531 ID: eedbeb
File 162179052018.png - (57.71KB , 900x900 , p166.png )
1001531

You feel an acute pain in your chest.

Bringing J out of retirement was easy enough, but traveling home has proved a bizarre experience. The stars are propelling you at warp speed, but you’re not really getting anywhere.

At least now you can feel the call of home, but you’re rapidly running out of power. It doesn’t help that someone you care about just died, by the feel of your instinctive sadness.
>>
No. 1001533 ID: 031458

J:What? How? I'm just albino, clearly!

You'll un-die them when you get back, don't worry.

For now, just concentrate on getting back to the real world.
>>
No. 1001546 ID: 96c896

>>1001531
Won't the death lend you extra power? Let all the emotions give you focus. Your own desire matters here.
>>
No. 1001568 ID: eedbeb
File 162182316760.png - (23.76KB , 900x900 , p167.png )
1001568

You try to concentrate on the feeling of home, using the pain of your sorrow to drive you forward.

It doesn’t work. The remnants of the stars flicker and fade and you’re left floating in an endless nothing.

You’re tired and scared. You’ll never see your parents again if you’re stuck in this limbo between retirement and reality.
>>
No. 1001569 ID: eedbeb
File 162182319761.png - (17.75KB , 900x900 , p168.png )
1001569

”Child!”

You hear a faint voice and twist to face the source. There’s a blue star in the distance, and from it you catch a few words.

”Dear, come home!”
”We’re all so worried—”
”The elder told us—”
”You have to come home!”
>>
No. 1001570 ID: afe7de

Go to the star! Focus on getting home, you can do it Magic, we believe in you!
>>
No. 1001571 ID: 96c896

Oh hey that's another star you can use to fuel your journey.
>>
No. 1001572 ID: e51896

Man, you'll have so many stories to tell when you get over to that blue star!
>>
No. 1001580 ID: eedbeb
File 162182837964.png - (68.68KB , 900x900 , p169.png )
1001580

You drag yourself towards the blue star, using every bit of your willpower to face its overwhelming glow.

It’s enormous. You can barely see faint shapes moving around its center, shouting encouragement and beckoning you closer.

You reach out a shaky hand and touch the surface. The light pulls you in and surges through your form.
>>
No. 1001581 ID: eedbeb
File 162182839839.png - (72.56KB , 900x900 , p170.png )
1001581

“You’re back! You’re here!”

You’re surrounded by nudges and a cacophony of cheers. Your parents smother you with their forms, both crying blue tears.

“We thought you would be gone forever.” your dad sobs.

“How do you feel darling?” your mother asks. “We all came together and made that star to help you.”

Tears stream down your face. “I’m okay.” you choke.

There’s plenty to fix in the mortal world and stories to tell to your fellow Magics, but for now you embrace your parents and let them take you to a quiet place to rest.
>>
No. 1001582 ID: eedbeb
File 162182840491.png - (44.47KB , 900x900 , p171.png )
1001582

Thanks for reading.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason