[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 161672789745.png - (358.06KB , 1500x1050 , FOG WORLD.png )
993129 No. 993129 ID: 8fb3ba

It came out of the oceans, like steam rising from a boiling pot. Then it swept over the shores, over the mountains, and down into the valleys. What was at one time a freak phenomenon quickly turned into a disaster as people, landmarks, and eventually small towns disappeared into the fog. So much was lost, even time became less and less reliable. No one's sure how long ago it was, that's been lost to the fog, but the survivors do their best to get by in the new fog world.

Among the survivors are an odd breed of rare human that have come into existence; Distinguished by an odd sort of affinity for the fog. Simply known as the Taken, these beings mingle amongst regular humans, some not even knowing they are Taken. Some people of the fog world believe these taken to be the next evolution of human, a new creature made to survive in a new world; Other's believe them to be servants of the fog, demons hell bent on destroying what's left. The Taken themselves suffer from odd dreams, strange visions, and are haunted by voices. it's hard to say what's true, the truth's been obscured by fog, either way the Taken too must struggle to survive…
Expand all images
>>
No. 993130 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161672795034.png - (0.97MB , 1500x1050 , TheLineUp.png )
993130

Who do we follow?

Stalker
A scavenger picking what he can from the fog ridden world. The stalker prefers stealth; moving silently, yet quickly, through dilapidated streets, infested wilderness and other such places. His keen eye allows him to not only find valuable objects, but also locate and avoid traps with ease. The stalker has known conflict, but shy's away from it when possible, as such when fighting in close quarters he is outclassed.

+Stealth Expert
+Keen Eye
+Maneuverer
-Scrawny
-Close-Quarters Coward
Fun Fact: Speaks fluent Russian.

Marauder
Ex-cop, or perhaps ex-military? Regardless her previous occupation has given her a strong build and a predilection towards violence, and she's done her fair share of pillaging to get by and it may have taken a toll on her mentally. The marauder is skilled in a number of close quarters weaponry from knives to swords, even her bare hands are deadly; Though her missing eye makes ranged combat a bit harder she still knows how to fix and clean guns.

+Weapon Expert
+Brawler
+Strong
-Cyclops
-Unhinged
Fun Fact: Used to drag race when she was younger.

Engineer
Every bit of metal finds new purpose in the hands of the engineer. Just as his title suggests the engineer excels in building machines from what useful garbage he can find in the fog ridden world. He lacks combat expertise of any kind, hardly knows how to use a gun, but his inventions can make up for that; In fact his hopelessness in battle led to the loss of his left arm, which he's replaced with a old but reliable prosthetic. The engineer's strongest trait however is his attitude, never letting himself lose his head even at the worst of times.

+Engineering Expert
+Smarts
+Optimistic
-Bad Fighter
-Missing Arm
Fun Fact: Plays guitar nicely.
>>
No. 993132 ID: 9a2966

Time to get out of here, Stalker.
>>
No. 993133 ID: 36784c

>>993130
Marauder
>>
No. 993134 ID: b1b4f3

>>993130
I'm gonna go with Stalker.
Engineer was tempting but if we can't even make a cool gun to shoot I don't wanna.
>>
No. 993135 ID: 0fae41

Marauder, just cause.
>>
No. 993136 ID: e7c7d3

Engineer
>>
No. 993137 ID: 031458

Sentry up!
Engi
>>
No. 993139 ID: 894419

Marauder
>>
No. 993143 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161673283566.png - (931.30KB , 1500x1050 , TheLineUp-2.png )
993143

We will follow the Marauder

Who will follow her? Pick another.
>>
No. 993147 ID: b1b4f3

Engineer.
Marauder can cover for engi, and engi can make cool guns for marauder. Also engi can be the face of the party, to keep marauder's unhinged-ness from mucking everything up.
>>
No. 993148 ID: e7c7d3

Engineer again. Seems rather complimentary
>>
No. 993153 ID: 031458

>>993143
Stalker!
The Sword and the Shield!
The Rifle and the Bayonet!
>>
No. 993154 ID: 0fae41

Engineer had better build her a car.
>>
No. 993155 ID: 8a51ec

Engineer. Why solve practical problems all on your lonesome?
>>
No. 993156 ID: 094652

Stalker
>>
No. 993158 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161673729294.png - (170.51KB , 704x767 , Rolling In___.png )
993158

The Engineer and the Marauder

Good!

Let's get started...
>>
No. 993159 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161673731447.png - (336.31KB , 1500x1050 , Fog's Rolling In.png )
993159

The skies are the same overcast grey they've always been since the world was shrouded in fog. Damn I miss the sun. I've been trekking for lord knows how long; it feels like it might be around a week but it could very well be two. Don't know how far I've moved either, just hope it's far enough.

I haven't seen any settlements I'd be keen on joining or any that wouldn't attack me on sight since I got to this region. I'm so sick of moving, especially by foot.

Shit, and now the fogs rolling in. Taken or not I can't be caught out in the fog.
>>
No. 993160 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161673734887.png - (767.43KB , 1500x1050 , Train Car.png )
993160

A little ways away I can see something a top a hill, it looks like an old metro car displaced from the city ruins nearby. Boards have been screwed onto the windows and doors. It's been made into a shelter, but it doesn't look like anyone's been here for a while. Maybe they tried finding somewhere better to stay? Only desperate idiots would try that, it looks more likely they may have been forced out from the dried blood and scratches on the windows and doors. It doesn't looks very sturdy or secure, but it just needs to be secure enough to shelter you from fog. There's a small grave out front, hopefully for a pet.

It looks like I still have a little time before the fog completely closes in, I still don't want to dawdle though.
>>
No. 993161 ID: 3f0c7b

>>993160
Best sweep the inside first, make sure there's no nasty surprises or the door is stuck or anything, then a quick check of the surroundings.
>>
No. 993168 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161674064037.png - (764.27KB , 1500x1050 , Peek.png )
993168

>>993161
I peak inside through the windows and through the door. More dried blood against the wall to my left, a dead fire pit, a box, a bag, a sleeping cot. The inside reeks of old beer and rotten anchovies. No individuals or creatures to be worried about.
>>
No. 993169 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161674064329.png - (294.85KB , 1500x1050 , The Surrounding.png )
993169

As for the surrounding area, a quick sweep shows the skyline of a ruined city slowly being engulfed by the fog to the west. To the north are the mountains, I came from the east which was just about all grass and shrubland. Whatever's south I cannot see it, the fogs obscuring it.

With the fog comes the cold, most of the time my coat's not enough to stop it. I can already feel a chill
>>
No. 993173 ID: b1b4f3

Alright get in there and seal the place up. Search the bag and box. Do you have a backpack yet?
>>
No. 993177 ID: 094652

Make a base quickly, but your main goal is to loot the city before the fog takes anything of value.
>>
No. 993187 ID: 031458

Ah, a fire pit.
Make a sweep of the internal and immediate external area of the shelter for combustibles and anything immediately useful, and then bunker down inside and light a fire for warmth.

Those mountains look promising. Perhaps not in utility, but rather in height. Surely at least one peak must pierce the clouds?

Some might consider it a foolish endeavor, but to see the sun again... That would make it all with it.
>>
No. 993192 ID: ce39da

Check above and underneath the car to make sure you didn't miss anything, then get inside and seal it up.

> Two distinct splatter patterns on the outside door.
> No smears or significant mess on the door to suggest anything fell back against it.
The occupant fought back, his shots finding their mark at various ranges through a cracked door.

> Droplets leading to the firepit.
> Very short drag across the floor.
But he was wounded. It doesn't look like he made it.

> Droplets leading to a different door.
> A grave.
Someone with some healthy respect for the dead came along, picked him up, and dropped him into a place the fog will have a hard time reaching. Maybe that's also where his attacker wound up, or perhaps its body was disappeared before the gravedigger got there.

> One of the involved doors is boarded up.
Someone, perhaps the gravedigger, boarded this place up a bit better.

> Stuff left behind.
> A mess left uncleaned.
They had to leave in a hurry, though... or perhaps they have yet to abandon this place, and they intend to come back.

This is just one hypothesis, of course.
(Though, if this is just the Marauder and we haven't met the Engineer yet, feel free to have much of this go over her head.)
>>
No. 993205 ID: 36784c

>>993169
Better get inside before the fog gets here.
>>
No. 993219 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161680196692.png - (507.86KB , 1500x1050 , Under the Train.png )
993219

>Check above and underneath the car to make sure you didn't miss anything
I check below the car. There's a few things scattered underneath, mostly bits of metal not rusted enough to be entirely useless to me. Half of a broken binocular, and a scrap of cloth. I take it all.

>your main goal is to loot the city before the fog takes anything of value.
Definitely could be good salvage there, no doubt there's wild animals and maybe people also. Shouldn't be too much of a problem for me hopefully.
>>
No. 993220 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161680198246.png - (790.05KB , 1500x1050 , Search.png )
993220

>Get inside
I head inside the car and close the door. Next I check everything I can. The bag on the floor has a lighter, a cracked die, and a single shotgun slug.

>Do you have a backpack yet?
I do now.

The box at the back has a hatchet and timber, enough to keep a fire going for a good while.
>>
No. 993221 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161680199742.png - (725.28KB , 1500x1050 , Fireside.png )
993221

>Start fire
The lighter's still got some fluid in it. Starting the fire's easy enough. I take a seat on the bench and relax, the cushioning creaks as I recline.

>Those mountains look promising. Perhaps not in utility, but rather in height. Surely at least one peak must pierce the clouds?
The last thing I need right now is false hope from a voice in my head. I haven't tried hiking up any mountains, but I doubt there's any in the immediate area that get's high enough to see the sun...Still the mountains might be worth investigating when I get the time.

I can see the fog begin to press against the windows; a few wisps sneak in through cracks in the walls but not enough to be a problem. The warmth of the fire and the gentle cracking of the wood as the sound from outside fades out is almost calming. I start to doze of for just a minute...but I snap back to alert as I hear something outside.
>>
No. 993222 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161680201322.png - (762.32KB , 1500x1050 , Alert.png )
993222

There's movement close by. Footsteps and panicked breathing. It must be just outside the metro car, the rustling is moving closer to the door quickly.
>>
No. 993224 ID: b1b4f3

>>993222
Ambush them as they open the door. Drag them inside and restrain them, find out who they are and if they're a threat.
>>
No. 993225 ID: a9af05

>>993224
Do this.
>>
No. 993226 ID: 0fae41

Prepare to greet them by seductively posing on the pole. Then spin around it and kick them in the face.
>>
No. 993228 ID: 094652

>>993226
This could fail in so many ways but do it because it's funny and totally in character
>>
No. 993236 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161680880530.png - (500.81KB , 1500x1050 , In Wait.png )
993236

>>993226
The poles too far from the door for me to be entirely confident in doing that. Also it's a dumb idea, the seduction part I mean, if I could spin off the pole and kick whoever's out there I'd do it.

>>993228
Also it is not "In character" for me. Who the hell do you think I am?

>>993224
>>993225
I wait next to the door, the metal creaks as it's pried open by the intruder. The labored breathes become clearer as the doors open. A figure steps through and I spring forward and grab them by the front of their poncho.
>>
No. 993237 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161680883051.png - (605.80KB , 1500x1050 , Ambush.png )
993237

I swing around and slam them into the wall. I can already tell this person's very little threat to me. Asking who they are seems a little pointless, I don't really care who they are. He speaks through gasps and coughs

???: W-WAIT Wait! Please d-don't hurt me! I was just-just looking for somewhere to wait out the fog!

He holds his hands up pleadingly. You can see his left arm's been replaced by a robotic one.

???: L-look I didn't know someone was already here, the place looked abandoned. I'm sorry.

He looks around the train car

???: But I…Do you think I could stay here? J-just until the fog is gone at least?

Normally I would've already crushed this guys windpipe and taken his stuff, but since I'm trying to move away from senseless murder I think I'll hold off on killing 'til I have to. Still, do I really want to let this guy stay? I was looking forward to sleeping here but I sure as hell won't do that with some nobody in the same room. Kicking him out wouldn't be too bad right? Or maybe I could just let him sleep under the train instead of in it, there's enough space he'd probably be fine down there.
>>
No. 993238 ID: b1b4f3

>>993237
Ask for some form of payment for staying. Nothing in this fog-blighted world is free.
>>
No. 993239 ID: 031458

Oh yes, throw him under, that way the fog creatures will be drawn to his shivering please to be let in closer to the warmth. Go ahead and get both of you killed.

You know, talking isn't pointless, even if it feels that way. It builds trust.
You're looking pretty bad, y'know. Like a tired animal that's forgotten life without violence.
Would it be so bad to at least pretend to be human again? How long has it been since you say around a fire and just enjoyed someone's company.
C'mon. Talk to the guy. Neither of you are going anywhere.
>>
No. 993240 ID: 36784c

>>993237
Let him stay. Make sure you close the door.
>>
No. 993257 ID: 0fae41

Fine, but you're going to sit on him so he doesn't try anything funny. Ask him where he wandered in from, if geography still has any meaning when subway cars can get lost in the countryside.
>>
No. 993259 ID: 2aa5f0

ask why you should let him stay, that he won't just try to rob you or worse when your guard is down?

Just try and gauge what this guy can do before you deicide to do anything with him. Who knows he might know something useful.
>>
No. 993260 ID: 610dc7

>>993237
eh, let him in.
It's temporary, so you can sleep when he leaves, but while waiting out the fog you can see if he knows anything useful about the area since he probably came from a different direction from you.
>>
No. 993274 ID: 8a51ec

If he's playing the long con then he's doing it pretty goddamn well, frisk him for weapons just to be safe. It sure as hell doesn't incriminate him if he has any, but anything could happen. How about you ask his name during the pat down?
>>
No. 993284 ID: 094652

Sit on top of him.
>>
No. 993398 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161688459355.png - (441.88KB , 1500x1050 , Annoyed.png )
993398

>Oh yes, throw him under, that way the fog creatures will be drawn to his shivering pleas to be let in closer to the warmth. Go ahead and get both of you killed.
Fucking fine, I guess I can-

>You're looking pretty bad, y'know. Like a tired animal that's forgotten life without violence
Okay I said I'll-

>Would it be so bad to at least pretend to be human again? How long has it been since you say around a fire and just enjoyed someone's company?
SHUT UP ALREADY I SAID FINE. God I spent so long getting rid of my conscience just to have it replaced by something louder and more annoying. At least before I wasn't being told to pole dance at stupid times for no fucking reason!
>>
No. 993399 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161688460428.png - (429.31KB , 1500x1050 , Payment.png )
993399

ME: Name.
???: W-what?
ME: YOUR NAME. WHAT IS IT?
DELL: Uh Um…D-Dell. Dell Corrigan.
ME: Okay. What are you gonna give me if I let you stay here?
DELL: Oh! Of course I can pay you for this! I lost a lot of my stuff on the way here, but I still have food.

He pulls out a couple of cans from his backpack, the sack is completely empty I can tell.

DELL: Beans, tuna ,peaches, and two bottles of water too.
ME: The beans, peaches, and a water bottle, give 'em.

He holds out the food and I snatch it from his hands.

ME: Now. Weapons, hand them over
DELL: I don't have any! I lost the ones I hadn't broke already.
ME: Sure. Arms at your sides.
>>
No. 993400 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161688461099.png - (582.66KB , 1500x1050 , Yoink.png )
993400

I move forward and pat him down, arms, legs, back. His body's not flabby or scrawny, He's muscular, not body builder muscle but the physique of someone who's done labor. It's absolutely possible he could be a threat in a fight if he's just acting like a wimp. There's something on his hip.

ME: No weapons?
DELL: That's my wrench! It's a tool not a weapon.
ME: You could easily crack a skull with it, regardless I'm keeping it until you leave.

I eye the mechanical arm too, doesn't look like any sort of weapon I've seen. He can keep it. for now.
>>
No. 993401 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161688462813.png - (777.00KB , 1500x1050 , Lunch.png )
993401

I move to the other side of the train car and drag the sleeping bag over near the fire.

ME: Don't do anything dumb. Stay on your side
DELL: Is it alright if I get closer to the fire?
ME:…
DELL: Never mind, I can… feel the warmth from here.

Dell moves to his side of the cart.

>C'mon. Talk to the guy. Neither of you are going anywhere.
>Ask him where he wandered in from
ME: Where'd you come from? What direction?
DELL: I came here from the mountains, I think that's north? It's hell over there.

The calming silence and crackling of the fire has been interrupted by Dell's breathing, and the creaking of the car as he shifts his weight. At least I have food now.

DELL:…How long have you uh…been here?
ME: Long enough
DELL: Ah, okay…

I pop the can of beans open with my teeth.

DELL: I have spoons if you want.
ME: I don't need one.
DELL: …So, what's your name?
>>
No. 993418 ID: 0fae41

Rita. Maureen was your first name but's not as cool as your middle name.
What's wrong with the mountains, "Dell"? I thought fog tended to cling to lower altitudes.
>>
No. 993419 ID: 031458

Now-a-days most people call me "Oh God please not the face!" or... How do I describe it... You know that gurgling sound someone makes when you bust in a dozen of their teeth?
That.

...
My father called me Amina.
That was a long time ago.
>>
No. 993425 ID: b1b4f3

Celica Rudd.
>>
No. 993435 ID: 33cfcc

Rita sounds good, but what about an alias?
How about "Pummel"? It's intimidating and kinda what you do.

What is so bad about the montians? Can't be fog, it tends to go down, not stay up. People perhaps? Shity people? With valuable things?
>>
No. 993480 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161690604049.png - (777.86KB , 1500x1050 , Lunch 2.png )
993480

>What about an alias?
>How about "Pummel"? It's intimidating and kinda what you do.
I'm an ex bandit, not a pro-wrestler. I don't need an "alias"

RITA: Rita
DELL: That's a nice name
RITA: Mhm

I immediately get a bad feeling in my gut from sharing my name. He's never gonna meet me again so I guess there's no harm, but if we’re never going to see each other again why'd I tell him? Winds howling outside. I throw another piece of wood onto the fire.

>What's wrong with the mountains, "Dell"? I thought fog tended to cling to lower altitudes.
Regular fog does clings to lower altitudes. This is not regular fog. Still there's fog everywhere, so there must be something else about the mountains.

RITA: What's wrong with the mountains?
DELL: lots of creatures try to nest up on the mountains. I also got ambushed by bandits while I was going through one of the passes, barely made it out and I lost a lot of my stuff. Lost my wagon, and my guitar…

Bandits in the mountains, noted. Another creak fills the train car as Dell sits down after is more silence. I down the beans, they're lukewarm but I'm too hungry to care.

RITA:…Where'd you get your arm from?
DELL: I built it! I'm an engineer.
RITA: Did you build it one handed?
DELL: I'm good at what I do.

I finish my food, a full stomach makes me sleepier, and I definitely still don't trust this guy to sleep near him.
>>
No. 993481 ID: 0fae41

What's in the boooooox?
Again, restrain him with your bulk by sleeping on top of him. He'll be extra padding between the floor and the sleeping bag.
>>
No. 993485 ID: b1b4f3

Do you have something you can tie him up with?
>>
No. 993496 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161691109144.png - (781.76KB , 1500x1050 , Bedtime.png )
993496

>>993481
>>993485
I guess if it's the best way to get some shut eye.

RITA: Hey, I'm gonna go to sleep and I don't trust you enough to let you alone
DELL: A-am I going under the car?
RITA: No, get in the sleeping bag
DELL: I don't-
RITA: Just do it.
>>
No. 993497 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161691109431.png - (441.04KB , 1500x1050 , Sleeping.png )
993497

I kick him over towards the wall and sit on him while I lean against the train car wall. I've slept on worse.

DELL:...Hey Rita?
RITA:...
DELL: Do you think maybe I could j-just sleep on the other side of the car? I swear I won't do anything dumb, cuz it's a little hard to breath like this...
RITA:...
DELL: Rita?
RITA: ZZZzzzzzz
DELL:...At least I'm closer to the fire.
>>
No. 993498 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161691110463.gif - (242.03KB , 720x480 , Fog Sleep.gif )
993498

...
>>
No. 993499 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161691111299.png - (445.83KB , 1500x1050 , Wake Up.png )
993499

The sound of snarling wakes me up. Sounds like it wakes Dell up too, though I'm not entirely sure if he got any sleep with me sitting on him.

DELL: What was that?

A quick check shows the fog has passed, I can't see anything out any of the windows. The thing must be under the car.
>>
No. 993500 ID: 4605a0

>>993499
"shut up moron, do you want us dead!?"

Draw the pipe wrench and move slowly to the door.
>>
No. 993501 ID: b1b4f3

>>993499
Tell him shhh. Get yourself armed and listen. Maybe the thing will stay where it is?
...is the door secure?
>>
No. 993504 ID: 031458

Whisper: I hear food outside.
Relinquish Dells affects.
Creep open the door and see what's going on.
>>
No. 993518 ID: 0fae41

Equip yourselves to go hit the thing until it stops making noises.
>>
No. 993538 ID: 92b744

Let's do this sneaky beaky like, or at least as quiet as you can. Tell Dell to stay close and quiet.
>>
No. 993572 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161696710364.png - (495.96KB , 1500x1050 , Listening.png )
993572

RITA: Hush! I something outside
DELL: But-
RITA: Are you a Taken?
DELL: I-No I'm not
RITA: Then stay quiet, if it's something serious you won't be able to shake of being dead like me. If it's not so serious then we have breakfast
DELL: B-but what if it's a person?
RITA: I'm hungry enough.
DELL: Gross…

>Relinquish Dells affects.
No way, just because there's something else outside doesn't mean suddenly I need to give everything back to this guy. Besides if he's not playing a long con then he's too soft to be of any use. I'm hanging on to the wrench for now.

I clench the wrench and slowly creep towards the door. I listen. the snarling isn't close to the door, it's off to the side. I exit the metro car…
>>
No. 993573 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161696711198.png - (274.37KB , 1500x1050 , Fleabag.png )
993573

Slowly I creep around to the side of the car and peek around the corner. There I can see it. A large mangy wild dog skulking around the field, it either hears me or smells me and turns to face me. The snarls turn to loud barks and It begins to approach. Not a big deal really, but I'm not sure I can eat this thing; Probably too disease ridden. I ready the wrench…
>>
No. 993574 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161696711963.png - (302.76KB , 1500x1050 , Combat Tutorial.png )
993574

COMBAT
To defeat an enemy in combat you must utilize your traits. The traits useful in combat Rita possesses are [WEAPON EXPERT] [BRAWLER+] and [STRONG]. The weapons Rita has are a Hatchet and a Wrench, both deal 3 damage.

Think of combat as a "stack". You and your opponent must stack traits to fight and defend. Your stack must exceed your opponents for the most favorable outcome, with meeting the opponents stack as a second best outcome.

To land an attack you must either meet your opponents defense with an equal number of your own traits to do half the damage or exceed the number to do full damage. Like wise to defend against an attack you must meet your opponents attack with an equal number of your own traits.

Traits are situational in both offense and defense. [WEAPON EXPERT] has no use without a weapon, and [BRAWLER] and [STRONG] are useless when in use with a firearm.

Certain traits have EXCEED BONUSES marked by a [+]. [BRAWLER+] causes your attack to do double damage when it exceeds an enemy's defense.

After attacking you will have to defend. If you use a trait to attack you will not be able to use it to defend. Your traits will become reusable every attack phase.

Tip: These rules can and may be broken and changed
>>
No. 993575 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161696712919.png - (412.22KB , 1500x1050 , Fleabag Encounter.png )
993575

--ATTACK--
Your enemy, Fleabag, is currently DEFENDING with it's trait [SHAKEY]. It's erratic movements make it harder to hit.

--TRAITS--
[WEAPON EXPERT]
[STRONG]
[BRAWLER+]: Double Damage on Attack Exceed

Rita has 15 Health
>>
No. 993576 ID: b1b4f3

>>993575
[Brawler+] and [Weapon Expert] to attack. The choice between half damage and double damage is 4x effectiveness, that is too good to pass up.
>>
No. 993578 ID: 36784c

>>993576
This!
>>
No. 993579 ID: e7c7d3

Attack with the hatchet with [WEAPON EXPERT], and get a grip on the mutt and use [BRAWLER+]

Then use [STRONG] to brace for an attack
>>
No. 993606 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161697828432.png - (598.56KB , 1500x1050 , Fleabag Encounter -1.png )
993606

>>993576
>>993578
>>993579
Rita's [WEAPON EXPERTISE] allows her to over come Fleabag's [SHAKY] movements. Rita slashes Fleabag with a hatchet dealing 6 damage.
>>
No. 993607 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161697828920.png - (540.76KB , 1500x1050 , Fleabag Encounter -2.png )
993607

--DEFEND--
Fleabag snarls and uses it's [FEROCITY] to lunge forward to bite Rita. Rita's too [STRONG] for it to be effective, but it still hurts. Rita suffers 2 damage.

Fleabag teeters back and forward on shaky legs, if no action is taken it may simply retreat rather than continue to fight.

--ATTACK--
Your enemy, Fleabag, is currently DEFENDING with it's traits [SHAKEY] and [FEROCITY]. It's frantic shaking now accompanied by gnashing teeth and wild barking.

[FEREOCITY]: When used to defend, deals 3 damage unless defense is exceeded

--TRAITS--
[WEAPON EXPERT]
[STRONG]
[BRAWLER+]: Double Damage on Attack Exceed

Rita has 13 Health

Tip: Damage and other such numbers are normally rounded down
>>
No. 993608 ID: b1b4f3

>>993607
Well, that outcome was fine. Let's do it again.
Use all three traits to attack, since the enemy used both traits to defend and won't have any traits to attack with.
I'm not sure if that allows them to attack at all. Even if it does, we can defend traitless and take half (2) damage.
>>
No. 993611 ID: 92b744

Let's go for another attack. See if something changes or we can just finish it off.
>>
No. 993615 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161698069667.png - (847.39KB , 1500x1050 , Finish.png )
993615

>>993611
>>993608
Rita doesn't let Fleabag get away, Rita closes in for the kill with her hatchet and ends it fast.

--VICTORY--

It's over. Dog's dead. I could harvest the wild dog effectively if I had a knife, but a hatchet might do well enough...
>>
No. 993616 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161698070097.png - (439.37KB , 1500x1050 , Finish 2.png )
993616

Dell calls to me as he comes out of the car

DELL: Woah, I saw all of that from the car...Are you uhh...really gonna eat that?
RITA: Why do you want to eat it?
DELL: Ugh, No. Not at all
RITA: It's probably disease ridden. I won't eat it.
DELL: Cool
RITA: So, Fog's gone.
DELL: Yeah it is...Look Rita I-

Dell shuffles in place

DELL: I know you want me gone but, well you know I'm not really good at...I think surviving is easier when you're not alone and...

He stares at me.

DELL: Y'know what? Never mind I'll just be on my way. Can I uh, have my Wrench back now?

He holds his hand out for his wrench.
>>
No. 993619 ID: b1b4f3

>>993616
Ask him if he can make guns.
>>
No. 993623 ID: 8a51ec

Back away a little, drop the wrench on the ground, and take enough paces back that he can't just club you in the head the moment you look away. If he really does want to come with you though, let him know he's going to have to do a lot to gain your full trust.
>>
No. 993624 ID: 36784c

>>993616
You can let him have the wrench.

Just make sure you don't forget to gather up all the useful stuff in the train car before you leave.
>>
No. 993634 ID: 92b744

What good are you to me? What can you bring to the table?

You said that you can make things, right? What kinds of things?

What can you do if things go south? I can keep myself alive, but i can't babysitter you.

If you don't fight, stay out of the way.

You do as i say and when i say so. I might have to do nasty things, and whatever you thing about it, i don't care.

If you can't keep up, or just don't want to, you are on your own. Got all that?

If you agree, that is that. We pick all we can and we leave. I will be keeping the wrench for now. I'll try not ot use it to fight, as to not break it.
>>
No. 993636 ID: 894419

>>993616
If you want to stick near me, then that means you're working FOR me. Tell me what you bring to the table, I'll consider it
>>
No. 993639 ID: c09f5e

He wants his wrench back? Fine.

Dump your new MULE that along with everything that's not good for bashing, blocking, or patching.

Get what he can make out of that, then he have his wrench back. Call it a fair trade.
>>
No. 993666 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161702320273.png - (517.66KB , 1500x1050 , Wrench.png )
993666

Oh Jesus Christ fine…

RITA: You're an engineer right?
DELL: Uh-Yeah, Yes I am!
RITA: Can you make guns?
DELL:If I have the material and tools for it yes I can.
RITA: Okay, If I need something built you build it, If I give you orders you listen. Don't do anything stupid, Don't get in my way. I'm not going to baby sit you so you'd better be able to handle yourself on your own got it?
DELL: D-does that mean-
RITA: And if you backstab or kill me I WILL find you and I WILL make you pay. Don't think this means I trust you just yet.
>>
No. 993667 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161702323107.png - (510.83KB , 1500x1050 , Wrench 2.png )
993667

I hand Dell his wrench

DELL: Great! So what now? Are we going to keep wandering?
RITA: Dell, I've been traveling for two or three straight weeks with very few breaks mostly on foot. It got to a point where fresh boots were just as important a resource to me as food and water. The idea of wandering anymore makes me sick. Unless you can build a car out of thin air we will not be travelling anywhere and even if you did I'd want to come back somewhere. I've missed having a place I can rest and feel semi-safe since before I began walking.
DELL: Yeah I understand, I think a lot of people would understand.
RITA: So this metro car is my new home.
DELL: It's our new home!
RITA: …
DELL: Right, pushing it. It's your home and you let me stay here.
RITA: Correct, that being said it's a bit of a dump. It keeps wild animals and fog out, but the second actual people want to get inside they'll do it easily.
DELL: Not to mention heavier weather will probably ruin this thing. With the right stuff I could reinforce it…And maybe we could also…N-never mind we should just focus on reinforcing the car.
>>
No. 993668 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161702326363.png - (228.85KB , 1500x1050 , Home.png )
993668

With the fog cleared I can see further to the south. There's a forest there. I'll need to find materials to give to Dell to reinforce the metro, best place to look is the city but that may not be the only place. The smell of ozone's on the breeze

There's only a single can of food left, gonna need more.

Dell is cleaning his wrench with his poncho nearby.

My inventory currently consists of...
-Half a Binocular
-A lighter
-A scrap of cloth
-A cracked die
-One Shotgun Slug
-A Hatchet
-5x Mechanical Scrap
-1 Bottle of water
-1 Can of peaches

The metro car's inventory consists of...
-x6 Wood
>>
No. 993670 ID: 8a51ec

Dump the Mechanical Scrap on Dell, it's more appropriate for him to be taking care of it anyway. Meanwhile, you should scout out any points of interest in the city with the half a Binocular, if possible that is.
>>
No. 993677 ID: 92b744

Scouting the city sounds good. Mind the mountains too tho, if there was bandits there, they are bound to be roble down the road. And they have Dell's stuff, might want to take those back at some point.

Dell had some things in mind for the metro car. Ask him about it.
>>
No. 993687 ID: a9af05

>>993666
So Rita, what exactly were you talking about when you mentioned that you could be killed and then get back up? How did you first discover you could do that?

>>993667
>And maybe we could also…N-never mind we should just focus on reinforcing the car.
What was he going to say? If it was some kind of improvement, I'd like to hear about it.
>>
No. 993691 ID: 031458

Plenty of rocks round here. Can fill the area beneath the Metrocar To stabilize it...

For there to be bandits in the mountains there needs to be prey in the mountains.
Bandit Prey = travelers
Travelers need settlements to go between.
Settlements need resources to exist.

There should be a settlement somewhere in or around this city, and one in or beyond the mountains.
Seeing as were not exactly geared for war, might as well start searching the nearby suburbs for supplies.

Even if we don't find any maybe we'll get lucky and run into an animal that doesn't have fucking brain worms this time.
>>
No. 993692 ID: ce39da

Ask Dell if there's anything that got taken from him that won't be easily replaceable. If he asks whether you were the one who made the bloody mess in and around the car, truthfully deny it - honestly, it looks like that guy and whatever was attacking them got each other, but either the guy nice enough to dig a grave for them took the shotgun they were using or...

> Didn't bother taking the spare shell.
Add "dig up the grave to be safe" to the list of stuff Dell can do while you're out alongside "reinforce what he can with what we have" and "clean up that mess the second-to-last guy left."
>>
No. 993759 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161706626255.png - (350.18KB , 1500x1050 , Chatting.png )
993759

RITA: Stop doing that.
DELL: W-what?
RITA: If you have something to say then say it. Quit stopping mid sentence. If it's something stupid don't start in the first place, and if you do start finish it and live with the dumb thing you said.
DELL: I just- I knew you wouldn't like it but, if you manage to get extra material then maybe we can, I don't know, make some houses?
RITA: Why would I do that?
DELL: Well! Being on the road for so long I noticed a lot of people wandering like me, and a lot of dead people who couldn't find shelter or safety. I just thought-
RITA: Okay forget what I said, keep dumb ideas to yourself.
DELL: Wait! Wait. If we get people here they can help us too!
RITA: Or they can be a problem, a BIG problem.
DELL: Rita, I can tell you don't like being around people, but I've met plenty of survivors who'd be happy to be part of a community and look out for each other. I know it's your house, but just give it a thought okay? It could be beneficial for you too. I won't push it anymore but more hands would make all of this easier.
>>
No. 993760 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161706637212.png - (546.85KB , 1500x1050 , Map.png )
993760

I dump the mechanical scrap on Dell, he puts it in the metro inventory.

>Scout with 1/2 Binocular
I do the best I can and scope out the surroundings. From where I stand I mostly see ruined buildings in the city, none too descript. I can see what looks like a radio tower, maybe that's something?

Another sweep shows a large gorge to the east. I must not have seen it through the fog on my way here.

>So Rita, what exactly were you talking about when you mentioned that you could be killed and then get back up? How did you first discover you could do that?
Taken don't stay dead. The fog just brings me back to the fold after a few minutes. I discovered it by dying obviously. It's not pleasant; If I could stay dead I would, but since I can't I'm going to avoid dying as much as possible. I've heard Taken that die too many times lose their minds and become possessed by the fog; They turn into wandering Husks, Something tells me it's a fate I want to avoid.

>Ask Dell if there's anything that got taken from him that won't be easily replaceable.
RITA: What'd you lose when you got robbed?
DELL: Uh, food, supplies, my guitar.
RITA: All that stuff can be replaced
DELL: I liked the guitar though...
>>
No. 993761 ID: b1b4f3

>>993760
Well, you can see about taking out the bandits once you're better armed. Maybe armor too.
Go to the city, head towards the radio tower and loot targets of opportunity. Priority one is food and general supplies at the moment since you have none. Priority two is weapons and armor.
>>
No. 993766 ID: 92b744

It may sound dumb, but a guitar has its uses. Its not imperative to take it back right now, but you should have it in mind for the future.


But right now, you need food and water, along with any scraps of useful materials.
>>
No. 993767 ID: 36784c

>>993759
A community isn’t a bad idea. It would at least mean you’d have someone to cover you if you start running into stronger and/or more numerous monsters.

And having more people around would mean that someone would be around to defend your home while you’re out exploring.

……ah shit, we’re gonna have to leave Dell here while we go somewhere. Unless you want to bring him along?

>>993760
>Another sweep shows a large gorge to the east. I must not have seen it through the fog on my way here.
Sounds like you got lucky that you didn’t fall in! Because even if you can revive, I don’t think you’d be able to get back out!

>Where to?
Let’s head for the Radio Tower.
>>
No. 993787 ID: 031458

Hmm... It would take multiple trips but... Scraping the radio tower for equipment would be real fucking useful.
Having a powerful radio transceiver would let us communicate with the outside of world- while keeping them at arms reach.

I think that would be a reasonable first goal to work towards, though we'll need to Carve a path there and find food along the way.
>>
No. 993790 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161708616004.png - (743.66KB , 1500x1050 , Enter the City.png )
993790

>Bring Dell?
Dell has no interest in leaving the safety of the metro, and I'm certain he'd slow me down.
DELL: Be on the look out for mechanical and electrical salvage! And anything else you think I could use. Good luck.

I give Dell a list of tasks to do while I'm gone including: stabilizing the metro car, cleaning the mess inside, doing whatever reinforcements are possible, and digging up that grave. I expected him to complain desecrating a grave or something like that, but his only complaint was not having a shovel.

>Into the city
Over the river and through the city outskirts, I enter the city. The sound of buzzing and chirping bugs cut through whistling wind. A constant acrid scent sticks in the back of my throat as I take a breath. Still fields and country sides are tranquil, almost peaceful even under the circumstances, but a quiet and still city does nothing but disturb me.

I head toward the direction of the radio tower, with my head on a swivel for food and other useful things.

>Scrapping the whole tower
That doesn't seem like something I can do alone, Dell may have had a point about having extra hands to help.
>>
No. 993791 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161708616452.png - (945.25KB , 1500x1050 , Bobby's.png )
993791

As I make my way to the radio tower I see the first building that doesn't look like a burnt out shell or a pile of rubble; Unfortunately it looks like a god damn madhouse. The front of the shop is covered in dried and wet blood, a bag of gore hangs from a lamp post nearby, and a row of skulls lines the window top. The odd part is the smell, it isn't the smell of a disgusting murder house but cooking food, food being prepared with seasoning. It makes my mouth water, even though I'm sure the food is being prepared with human meat. I'm not desperate enough to eat human meat just yet, but maybe there's something in there not made of human I can eat.

Or I can try my luck elsewhere, though from the look of this place the occupants may find me on their own later on. A rusty hook on a chain lay on the sidewalk, probably dropped by the psycho's that live here.
>>
No. 993792 ID: b1b4f3

>>993791
Eh... might want to come back later with a gun. Steal that chain though. Try not to make a shitload of noise when you pick it up.
>>
No. 993794 ID: 031458

That's a sick ass chain.
GET THAT SHIT Also, maybe come back here when you get procure some Munitions.
NEXT
>>
No. 993810 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161710783444.png - (912.53KB , 1500x1050 , Nah.png )
993810

I ignore the smell and move on. This place looks like it's more trouble than it's worth until I get better equipped. Still the thought of that aroma leaves my stomach growling…

Rita gains status: [HUNGRY]

I still grab the chain though, it's a good swinging chain for sure.

Hook Chain deals 4 damage and requires two hands, could be useful for grappling and entangling

Tip: One handed weapons can be dual wielded to do extra damage, but landing a hit with them might be harder
>>
No. 993811 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161710785601.png - (638.98KB , 1500x1050 , Radio Station.png )
993811

With a little more trudging through the streets I reach the radio station with little trouble. There doesn't seem to be anyone else here. I can hear the faint sound of static coming from the building. I don't know how much I'll find in the way of food here, but there still could be something valuable.

There's a gap filled with acrid smelling liquid between me and the land where the station sits, it looks about knee deep. A large pipe connects the land.
>>
No. 993813 ID: 92b744

Might as well take a look inside, if anything, you can use this place as a high ground to take a better look to your surroundings.
>>
No. 993814 ID: 92b744

Question, can we use the chain as a "shield" for one hand while while we wield a weapon in the other? Like, wrap it around your arm?
>>
No. 993815 ID: 01d4f3

That pipe screams ambush. Place like this would make a solid base for like 4 or 5 guys Take a closer look before proceeding.
>>
No. 993858 ID: a9af05

>>993810
You don't have any way to pay for the food.

We can always stop by on our way back from the radio tower to check it out. If it turns out that there's a psycho that killing and cooking people, we can kill them and steal all the food not made of people.

>>993811
That liquid might be sewage. Let's not fall in and find out.

That pipe looks like a good place to cross. Make sure you test it before you start walking across.
>>
No. 993879 ID: 0fae41

Walking across is going to be slippery and loud. With all these rents in the earth, maybe you can find a way to get in the pipe to cross.
>>
No. 993884 ID: 36784c

>>993810
*insert sounds of vomiting here* Sorry about throwing up in your head. The thought of all of that possibly being human meat is making me sick.

>>993811
Try to carefully cross the pipe.
>>
No. 993885 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161714795129.png - (295.36KB , 1500x1050 , Pipe Crossing.png )
993885

>Take a closer look before proceeding
I use my half binocular and scout the area a bit, I see no place for anyone to hide near or under the pipe.

>can we use the chain as a "shield" for one hand while we wield a weapon in the other?
I wrap the chain around my arm, it's hardly a shield and if I hold it like this my swings won't be as effective.

>Get inside the pipe
Crawling through the pipe sounds like a one way ticket to crawling through more of that shit in the gap, I'll stick to walking over it for now.

I place a foot on the pipe and apply weight, it holds nicely from the looks of it. Carefully, I begin to walk over the pipe. it's not slippery, though I can keep my balance well the pipe does shake a bit. With every step the pipe squeaks and quakes; As I get to the middle I begin having second thoughts about using the pipe to cross. I'm barely past the middle of the pipe before I can hear the metal give out behind me. I expect to start falling…
>>
No. 993886 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161714795876.png - (352.22KB , 1500x1050 , Pipe Crossing 2.png )
993886

…But instead I feel the pipe begin to rise. The back of the pipe starts to lift up as if it's being torn out of it's place by something I can't see. I can't help be stumble forward as the end of the pipe lifts higher, at the same time debris from the pipe fall into the sewage below causing the liquid to splash me; The droplets that hit me burn my skin like acid, and the fumes make me dizzy.

An odd distorted clicking noise starts to echo around the place.
>>
No. 993887 ID: b1b4f3

>>993886
I'm not so sure this is a pipe...
RUN!
>>
No. 993905 ID: 36784c

>>993886
Oh shit! Run run run!
>>
No. 993947 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161716416538.png - (667.30KB , 1500x1050 , Pipe Crossing 3.png )
993947

>RUN
I rush to the end of the other end of the pipe, again I can feel the metal shake beneath me. I leap off the pipe before it can be completely torn from the rock, I barely catch the ledge of the ground. The pipe is tossed back across the gap.
>>
No. 993948 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161716416974.png - (533.50KB , 1500x1050 , Pipe Crossing 4.png )
993948

>>993887
>I'm not so sure this is a pipe...
From across the acid gap it certainly looks like a pipe. I can't see anything inside that could've moved it, unless it went back into the sewers the pipe connected.

As I take breaths I can hear a quiet noise on the air, it sounds like an odd sort of radio static.

Tip: Your traits are useful both in and out of combat
>>
No. 993952 ID: b1b4f3

>>993948
Oh god it's some kind of poltergeist.
It's about to play catch. If you're STRONG enough you could deflect the barrel maybe?

You're gonna need to either find what's doing this and kill it, or get out of the area so it stops attacking.
>>
No. 993957 ID: 8a51ec

That barrel behind you doesn't look good, are you STRONG enough to bat it out of the way? You also might want to start hiding behind stuff to get a bead on the thing trying to kill you, if it even physically exists that is.
>>
No. 993958 ID: 36784c

>>993948
There’s a bunch of rocks and a metal barrel being thrown at you! Be STRONG and stop the barrel from knocking you into the acid!

>>993952
>Oh god it's some kind of poltergeist.
If that’s true, then how do we fight it? Rita, can you hurt a ghost since you’re a Taken?
>>
No. 993961 ID: 0fae41

Gravity, nooo! Find some securely anchored cover.
>>
No. 993974 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161717533395.png - (755.97KB , 1500x1050 , Poltergeist.png )
993974

>Stop the barrel
Stop the wh-OH FUCK

It's easy enough to block, I almost get pushed back into the acid pit but I'm strong enough not to have it hurt or stun me. The barrel lands in the acid pool and more fumes rise as a result. I dash to the nearest piece of stable-ish cover I can.
>>
No. 993975 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161717533955.png - (420.58KB , 1500x1050 , Poltergeist 2.png )
993975

A piece of sharpened rebar pierces the concrete rubble cover, it's not exactly impenetrable but it gives me enough time to just get my bearings for just a second. My breathing grows heavier, the fumes rising from the acid start to fill my lungs.

The sound of clicking get's louder. I can hear more rubble being lifted off the ground.
>>
No. 993985 ID: 9c1ef3

>>993974
>>993975
It's only moved metal.

Quickly check yourself for metal so it can't toss YOU, then try to find line-of-sight cover from other metals. Given your environs, this might be hard - so prioritize avoiding things that are sharp or pointy.

Hope you have something nonmetal to whack the whateverthefuck, if not, find a nice rock and close the distance to the whateverthefuck.
>>
No. 993997 ID: 9a2966

That clicking static seems to be a component to whatever psychic or magnetic shenanigans are going on here.

Run for the building, whatever's doing this has got to be inside, looking out at you.

Or maybe it's at the antenna? Glance up at it.
>>
No. 993999 ID: 36784c

>>993975
>My breathing grows heavier, the fumes rising from the acid start to fill my lungs.
You’ve gotta get to higher ground, away from the fumes! Unfortunately, this also means that you’ve gotta run towards whatever is throwing shit at you.

>>993985
>It's only moved metal.
It’s not just metal. See here: >>993948 , the enemy is also moving rocks.
>>
No. 994016 ID: b1b4f3

Push through! Move move move!
>>
No. 994058 ID: 031458

Can you pinpoint the clicking sound?
If so, Strike at the invisible enemy!
>>
No. 994066 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161724587625.png - (377.61KB , 1500x1050 , Tossed Weapons.png )
994066

>It's only moved metal.
>It’s not just metal…the enemy is also moving rocks.
It's not throwing rocks though. Maybe it's influence over metal is stronger, strong enough to fling it instead of just making it float.

>maybe it's at the antenna? Glance up at it.
Nothing up there.

>That clicking static seems to be a component to whatever psychic or magnetic shenanigans are going on here.
>Can you pinpoint the clicking sound?
It's distant, echoing. Best bet is it's coming from the building

>whatever's doing this has got to be inside, looking out at you.
>You’ve gotta get to higher ground, away from the fumes!
The radio stations up higher, If I want to be able to breathe and get whatever's doing this it looks like I'll have to book it.

>Quickly check yourself for metal so it can't toss YOU
My chain and my hatchet are both made of metal, I'll have to sacrifice them for now just in case. I throw away my hatchet and chain.
>>
No. 994067 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161724587948.png - (337.08KB , 1500x1050 , Wait A Minute___.png )
994067



Wait a minute.
>>
No. 994068 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161724588401.png - (810.10KB , 1500x1050 , Oh Shit, Oh Fuck.png )
994068

I DIDN'T THINK THIS THROUGH.

I can feel the hatchet slash into my back as I'm running away. (3 Damage: Rita's health is at 10)
>>
No. 994069 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161724588993.png - (464.38KB , 1500x1050 , Radio Station Reached.png )
994069

Despite the pain I reach the front door of the radio station.
>>
No. 994070 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161724589589.png - (823.34KB , 1500x1050 , Reception.png )
994070

Inside it's dusty and stinks like rotten flesh. Dried blood on the floor, wouldn't be an abandoned building without it. A large pile of garbage and rubble lies to my left

Now that I'm inside I can tell that clicking's coming from above me, It's much quieter now but it's still audible.
>>
No. 994072 ID: b1b4f3

>>994070
First thing's first clear the room. Check behind the desk for threats, and around the corner. Then loot. Check the bag, poke the hand, open the box in the wall-- wait no that's a toolbox, it's metal, avoid it.
>>
No. 994075 ID: 8a51ec

Severed arm is a bad sign, keep your peepers peeled. Anything of value inside that bag? Speaking of, you might be able to use it as an improvised weapon if it's heavy enough.
>>
No. 994089 ID: 36784c

>>994070
Since the metal in this room isn’t immediately attacking you, that means that the enemy needs to be able to see you in order to throw things at you. You’re safe for now.

Start with checking that bag next to the severed hand. Make sure you watch the ceiling for anything that could drop on you.
>>
No. 994129 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161727066137.png - (846.50KB , 1500x1050 , Searching___.png )
994129

>>994072
>wait no that's a toolbox, it's metal, avoid it.
I'm pretty sure whatever was attacking me had to see me to throw things at me, else the rebar behind me would be flying off the wall to impale me.

>Check Toolbox
There's a book with a faded cover, and two food cans; one is dog food and one is empty corn. I'm still fucking hungry, I could eat dogfood if I had too.

>Poke Hand
I kick it over, it's holding a pill bottle. They're painkillers, very useful.

>Check bag
There's a giant hole in the side, useless as a container. It's got a makeshift club made from a rifle butt with a nail ran through it and some duct tape. I take it.

>Check behind the counter.
I find… What is this? It's some sort of big piece of machinery like the size of a computer. It looks like it has mechanical and electrical bits, good salvage. I take it.

Rita's Inventory (15.1/30)
-1/2 binocular (.1)
-1 lighter (.1)
-1 scrap of cloth (.1)
-A cracked die (.1)
-1 shotgun slug (.1)
-1 Bottle of water (.5)
-1 Can of peaches (.5)
-1 Can of dog food (.5)
-1 Empty tin can (.1)
-1 Bottle of painkillers (.5)
-1 Stock club (1)
-1 Book (.5)
-1 Unknown broken machine (10)
-9ft of Duct tape (1)

Tip: Don't worry, I'm actually keeping track of the inventory from the beginning this time.
>>
No. 994137 ID: ce39da

Hm, still, the embedded rebar in this room proves the telekinetic entity (let's call them the Radio Star - better to sound like a dork than a nerd when referring to these things) was in the room; they're most likely on the move.

Considering there's no blood pool nor drag marks here, it seems like this dismemberment wasn't immediately fatal. Whoever that hand was attached to seems to have stumbled off south (relative to this angle). Go that way if possible; either someone needs our help, or there will be a body to loot.
>>
No. 994153 ID: 36784c

>>994129
>book
Read it. It might be a journal from someone that figured out what’s causing the metal to fly all over the place. It could even give us a clue on how to deal with it.

>I'm still fucking hungry, I could eat dogfood if I had too.
You might as well eat it. There’s no telling how long we’re going to be here. This might be the only chance you get to eat for a while.

>makeshift club
At least you’ve got a weapon now. Might want to remove that nail if you can.

Let’s follow the trail of blood.
>>
No. 994156 ID: 9a2966

Nothing is attacking you. Attacker probably needs line of sight - good to know. Make sure anything you have that is metal is secured tightly and out of sight - or just secure it down here and hope you get a chance to come back for it.

Grab cloth, wrap around hand. Your hand is now extra protected in case you need to PUNCH something really hard.

Grab gun stock, pry loose nail and discard. This is now your CLUB. With which you'll use to beat to death whatever's up top.

Grab duct tape, slap some over your wound so you don't keep on bleedin' while you exert yourself clubbing whatever's up top to death.

Quick skim the book - is it a diary? If so, read last entries. If not, and it seems useful, secure it. If it does not seem immediately useful, congratulations, you now have something else to beat the thing upstairs to death with - or a piece of ablative cover - or something to toss at it to distract it.

Then you really should move so whatever's up top doesn't have time to grab EVERY sharp or dangerous implement in reach to ready for an ambush.
>>
No. 994157 ID: 5cc67d

I hope we can get your weapons back. I was going to suggest to keep teh hand to fuck with Dell a bit, but that might be a little too much...

Is there something else in the hole in the wall? if not, keep moving forward, carefully.
>>
No. 994226 ID: a9af05

>>994129
Follow the blood.
>>
No. 994329 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161732486143.png - (747.25KB , 1500x1050 , Follow the Blood.png )
994329

>Read Book
It's filled with scribbles, illegible babble and some sort of schematic I can't understand. Dell might be able to make more sense out of this than I can.

>Remove nail from rifle stock
I pry the nail out of the wood, better safe than sorry.

>Duct tape wound
It helps, just barely
(Rita's Health 10 ==> 12)

The painkillers would do more, but I should probably save those for later.

>Eat the dog food
What is this? Turkey and gravy flavor? Not bad.
(Rita lost status [HUNGER])

>Follow the blood
I climb over the knocked over locker and follow the blood into the hallway. The blood continues on into the room. To my right are two doors, one's been ripped to shreds and the others armored and chained up, I'm strong but not strong enough to tear off chains. A low dial tone is coming from the shredded door.

>Secure any metal
This machine thing is made of metal, it's also heavy as all hell. I stash it under the knocked over locker. If I'm gonna carry more stuff I gotta get Dell to make me a wagon or something.
>>
No. 994331 ID: 8a51ec

That's one sharp-looking piece of wooden door, think you can break it off and duct tape it to the rifle stock? And be sure to peek into both rooms before you enter either.
>>
No. 994332 ID: b1b4f3

Why don't you eat the dog food now?
>>
No. 994344 ID: 36784c

>>994329
Speaking of Dell, let’s be glad he didn’t come. Even though it would’ve been funny to tell him to stop hitting himself while he’s getting smacked by his metal arm, it still would’ve been annoying when he starts to unintentionally attack us.

>doors
Look through the bars of the locked door to see what’s in there.

Then carefully look through the broken door to see what’s making that noise.
>>
No. 994355 ID: 5cc67d

Take a peek at both doors, see what is behind them.
>>
No. 994408 ID: 031458

Wall saw blade suggests this thing may be mobile. Do a few practice vaults over that fallen locker so it's not an obstacle later if you need to MOVE
>>
No. 994415 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161736491479.png - (604.71KB , 1500x1050 , Need a Hand_ Hahaha don't read this please.png )
994415

>Why don't you eat the dog food now?
I just did. It was turkey and gravy flavor. That's why I'm not hungry anymore.

>Peek shredded room
I look inside the sundered door room, no danger, but there is a grotesque severed arm and some teeth along with some sort of radio terminal, a broken coffee maker, and a phone; the source of the dial tone.
>>
No. 994416 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161736493765.png - (314.12KB , 925x1050 , Spear.png )
994416

>That's one sharp-looking piece of wooden door, think you can break it off and duct tape it to the rifle stock?
Unnecessary, I can manage a nice enough wooden spear from it. Some duct tape around the haft makes it easier to hold, in fact those teeth from the next room would do nicely on the tip. I use the scrap of cloth and some more tape to affix the teeth to the end of the wood. I have a decent bone spear now.

>Do a few practice vaults over that fallen locker so it's not an obstacle later if you need to MOVE
I do a couple of leaps over the fallen locker. If I ever need to run I sure as hell won't trip over this thing
>>
No. 994417 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161736495421.png - (473.33KB , 1500x1050 , Barred Room Peak.png )
994417

>Peek barred room
First thing that draws my eye is the dead body. Looks like the guy succumbed to his wounds while waiting for help. Whoever lost their hand with the painkillers must've been trying to reach this guy. I also notice the guitar case by the radio terminal, it probably doesn't have an actual guitar in it but it still could have something good in it. There's food in the cupboard above.

I stop and listen for a bit. The clicking isn't above me anymore, I can't hear it at all now.
>>
No. 994418 ID: e7c7d3

Looks like we need in that room. Just continue through the open doorway for now though
>>
No. 994419 ID: 2aa5f0

I think the body is holding a knife. either that or it's his foot.
>>
No. 994420 ID: 36784c

>>994415
>Need a Hand_ Hahaha don't read this please.png
Too late, I already read it!

>a phone; the source of the dial tone.
You’d think that would get annoying for whoever is here and they would’ve stopped it.

Although, since we’ve been hearing clicking and radio static sounds, maybe whoever is here left the phone like that on purpose? They might be using it like a sonar or something. Maybe we should hang up the phone and unplug it just to be safe?

>>994417
>I stop and listen for a bit. The clicking isn't above me anymore, I can't hear it at all now.
Can you still hear the dial tone of the phone or has that also gone silent?
>>
No. 994426 ID: 031458

Put the phone receiver back on, then just... Listen.
>>
No. 994438 ID: a9af05

>>994417
Hang up the phone and listen for any unusual noises.

>>994420
>Unplug phone
We might need to rip the cord out of the phone to prevent it from being plugged in again.
>>
No. 994446 ID: b1b4f3

We need to find a room without dangerous bits of metal in it, and stage an ambush there.
>>
No. 994458 ID: 5cc67d

After we make sure we are safe and don't hear any noices, take your time to look at the cupborads. I can see some boxes and cans, and a bottle. check the corpse, carefully, and the guitar case. might as well take it as well.
>>
No. 994462 ID: a9af05

>>994458
We can't do that, the door is locked.
>>
No. 994464 ID: 5cc67d

>>994462
Ah, right, well, do it with the door that isn't loked.
>>
No. 994567 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161742684920.png - (589.36KB , 1500x1050 , Hang Up.png )
994567

>Can you still hear the dial tone of the phone or has that also gone silent?
Of course I can still hear the dial tone it's right there.

>Hang up and unplug the phone
I put the phone back on the receiver, With the dial tone gone the clicking becomes a bit more audible, still quieter than before though. Doesn't sound like it's above me now.

>Search cabinets
Empty. all of them.

>We need to find a room without dangerous bits of metal in it, and stage an ambush there.
Good idea, but hard. Seems like whatever lives here's check sharp metal all over the place, it's difficult to avoid. Even this phone and coffee maker could be chucked at my head.
>>
No. 994569 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161742687473.png - (744.50KB , 1500x1050 , Continue Following the Blood.png )
994569

>Continue through the open door way.
Another wrecked hallway. The room to my right is filled with rubble and has a small locker

The blood trail ends in a ruined room full of red splatters.

I can hear footsteps, and the clicking's clearer and closer than before...
>>
No. 994572 ID: b1b4f3

>>994569
Run. Go to one of the rooms without metal things stuck in the walls. Toss everything metal out of the room. Then wait.
>>
No. 994588 ID: 031458

Quiet!
Take cover!
It's here.
>>
No. 994608 ID: 36784c

>>994569
Something is coming! Hide quickly!
>>
No. 994625 ID: 5cc67d

Take cover bihind the wall at your right! It has a small corner that hides you very well.
>>
No. 994723 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161750544308.png - (431.84KB , 1500x1050 , Mutant.png )
994723

>Hide!
I duck into the collapsed room to my right and hide in the corner. I keep my breathing steady. I hear footsteps and haggard breathing. Something comes closer and closer to my hiding spot. Soon enough it comes into my view.

I can make out enough of it's features to tell it isn't human. Skin covered in lesions, disfigured gangly limbs, a jaw filled with jagged teeth which seems to have set itself into the chest, and most notably a large swollen head, I can hear the engorged brain pulsating from where I am. It reeks of rotten fish and filth.

This thing is clearly a mutant, I've heard of them but never saw a live one before. It looks around the hallway not noticing me, it seems it's mutations have left it with poor eyesight and a ruined nose. I hasn't noticed me at all. The creature lets out a low clicking noise; The metal locker behind me shakes and floats maybe a half inch off the ground before falling back down.

It looks like it'll continue on into the next room soon.
>>
No. 994733 ID: b1b4f3

Stab it in the brain. My guess is people tried to shoot it before now, and obviously it just stopped the bullets.
>>
No. 994736 ID: 36784c

>>994723
>The creature lets out a low clicking noise
It's using echolocation. That's how it can "see" around it. As long as you're quiet, it can't see you.

>>994733
>Stab it in the brain.
Do this. Let's use your new bone spear!
>>
No. 994783 ID: 2aa5f0

probably best to jump this thing and kill it now while you have the chance. This thing is clearly dangerous and having to hide from it could bite you in the ass if it finds you in a later room full of more hazards than in here. Plus I'm kinda hoping that if you can get close enough to stab it you can prevent it from using really big things to hit you with since it would risk hitting itself.
>>
No. 994784 ID: e71563

Strip from yourself all that clatters, clanks, jingles, tattoos, cops, and rustles.
Sneak up on it, and ambush it like a primal hunter.
>>
No. 994798 ID: f9464a

>>994723
Attack with your spear.

>>994784
>Strip
Doing that would make noise. We're better off attacking now.
>>
No. 994958 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161766314413.png - (816.27KB , 1500x1050 , Squelch!.png )
994958

>Attack with spear
I grasp my spear, and quickly dart from my cover out into attack range. I plunge the spear into the mutant's head, thick blood gushes from the wound splattering my mask, the creatures clicking turns to loud screeching. Though I know the attack did a considerable amount of damage, it looks like the spearhead's hit hard bone beneath the exposed brain. It's not an instant kill like I'd like for it to be, but I know the mutant's injured badly.

The mutant thrashes, and manages to get a little distance from me. The loud clicking resumes…
>>
No. 994959 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161766314897.png - (486.53KB , 1500x1050 , Radio Star.png )
994959

COMBAT
--ATTACK--
Rita has surprised Radio Star with a sneak attack (x2) Radio Star took 12 Damage!
Radio Star is [SURPRISED]!

Radio Star defends with it's traits [Vector Field] and [Heightened Reflexes]
-[Vector Field] Counts as 2 traits when defending against metal-
-[Heightened Reflexes] Counts as 2 traits when defending against projectiles -

The metal locker lifts from it's spot and circles the air around Radio Star
Ability: [Magnetism] Counts as a number of traits equal to the size and number of metal objects nearby, maximum 5 (Metal Locker = 2)

Radio Star looks like it's planning to retreat after it's finished defending

Radio Star's Defense
---
[Vector Field]-[Heightened Reflexes]-|[Magnetism]-[Magnetism]|

Rita's Attack
---
[Enemy Surprised]

Tip: Negative Statuses on enemies can make them easier to hit, for example Radio Star is [Surprised] so that get's added to Rita's stack to make it easier to attack.

--RITA'S TRAITS--
[Weapon Expert]
[Strong]
[Brawler+]: Double Damage on Exceed
>>
No. 994961 ID: b1b4f3

>>994959
Ugh, all we can do is match its defense. Well, half damage is better than nothing, and it's about to run away anyway.

Slam all our offense traits into the attack.
>>
No. 994962 ID: 8a51ec

Assert dominance by going on the full offensive before Radio Star can run away.
>>
No. 994963 ID: ce39da

If it's making a run for it, then we can use [ENEMY SURPRISED], [STRONG], [WEAPON EXPERT], and [BRAWLER+] to tie without too much worry.
>>
No. 994965 ID: 2aa5f0

kick it's ass before it can flee.
>>
No. 994966 ID: 031458

I wonder how much brain he can lose before he stops being able to magnetize.

Let's find out!

Full Attack his other lobe!

Yell a cheesy one liner as you do.
"TODAY THEY CALL ME VIDEO!"
>>
No. 994967 ID: 1a5633

If it want's to excape and we have an opportunity to attack, we should hurt its legs. Try targeting those. The worst case scenario we take a hit, but it will either a harder time running away or won't be able to escape at all.
>>
No. 994973 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161766671945.png - (788.25KB , 1500x1050 , Slashed.png )
994973

>Aim at the other lobe
>Aim at the legs
Rita can't do both, She decides the legs might be a better target.

Rita meets Radio Stars defenses. She dashes forward and ducks the floating locker; In the same motion Rita swings her spear at Radio Star's leg. The creature's retreat makes hitting it's legs harder, but Rita does manage to slash at it's back of it's calf.

Rita deals 3 damage.

The cut's a decent size, but it doesn't hinder Radio Star from fleeing. The mutant hastily stumbles back into the room it came from. The clicking and screeches of pain still audible as it runs away. The locker drops to the ground.
>>
No. 994974 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161766673570.png - (716.28KB , 1500x1050 , Retreat.png )
994974

--ENEMY FLED--
It ran. It's probably still close, I can hear it. It's definitely hurt, one more encounter with it and I'm sure I can kill it for good. It'd be easy.

There's probably more metal deeper in though.
>>
No. 994977 ID: b1b4f3

With more metal it'll be harder to land a scratch, and it'll be able to overwhelm our defenses.
Let's ambush it again. Put the locker on top of the rubble pile so you can jump up a floor and get ahead of it so it won't be expecting you. Then just hide somewhere and get another sneak attack off on it, so it doesn't matter how much metal there is.
>>
No. 994980 ID: 031458

You are the HUNTER.
It is your PREY.

Lighten your load.
Shed all that is unnecessary.
Grip your spear.

STALK IT, Into the bowls of this forgotten place..

It cannot defend itself from what cannot detect.

It will die in silence.
>>
No. 994987 ID: 3f7e60

it got away, following it maybe be suicide but it could lead to good stuff (canned food, metal weapon used by other scavengers, etc). nothing ventured nothing gained, go after it.
>>
No. 994995 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161767595936.png - (699.27KB , 1500x1050 , Up the Hole.png )
994995

>You are the HUNTER.
>It is your PREY.
That goes without saying.

>Lighten your load.
I'm not [ENCUMBERED] yet. Dropping anything won't help me.

>STALK IT, Into the bowls of this forgotten place..
I'll move as silently as I can, but I assume this thing knows the place better than me...

>Put the locker on top of the rubble pile so you can jump up a floor and get ahead of it so it won't be expecting you.
I drag it over and clamber up to the next floor.

I'm startled for a second coming out of the hole. Three silhouettes of odd figures turn out to be statues or figurines made from scrap metal. A severed leg lays on the floor, I can see a metal hip replacement jutting from the bone. Makes me glad I don't have any prosthetics or fillings.

The room at the back behind the broken window looks empty.

I can still hear the mutant clicking below me.
>>
No. 994996 ID: ce39da

No matter what, you must not be caught in a room with tons of scrap. Move on from this room. (I assume "right" is the only new way forward.) Assume all metal to be less than useless until you've disposed of the threat.
>>
No. 994997 ID: b1b4f3

>>994995
Peek through the window. Maybe that spot is a good ambush point.
>>
No. 994998 ID: 1a5633

Bellow you say? Is it epecting you to jump right after it? Try to find another way down there. Search the place for something useful, mind the things made out of metal.
>>
No. 995002 ID: 36784c

>>994995
You could probably bait the monster into attacking something that isn’t you. If you find something that isn’t made of metal, you could throw it past the monster and make it look away from you, then you could sneak up on it again.

Pick up some glass for later so we can use it later for distracting the monster.
>>
No. 995019 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161770296529.png - (541.49KB , 1500x1050 , Collapsed Room.png )
995019

>Peek through the window. Maybe that spot is a good ambush point.
Seems like it could be. Main problem is all the metal, If I get the drop on the mutant then it may not be a problem, but I also feel like it's guard may be up after the last sneak attack.

>You could probably bait the monster into attacking something that isn’t you. If you find something that isn’t made of metal, you could throw it past the monster and make it look away from you, then you could sneak up on it again.
A diversion would definitely make a second sneak attack easier against something that knows I'm here. I grab a chunk of glass just in case.

>Move on from this room.
I leave the metal sculpture room. The next room I enter has a giant hole in the ceiling that gives way to the outside. There's another one of those metal sculptures at the back, a broken mirror, and an old mattress. The doorway at the back leads to the stairs.

The clicking and breathing of the mutant is much louder from this room.
>>
No. 995022 ID: 8e8aa6

Is that an OFFICIAL CHUNKQUEST LIMITED EDITION ARRAYAN plush doll?
Despite it's relatively short run time, that cartoon was LIT as hell while it lasted.

Also didn't he use a spear like you're using now? Sweet.

Fucking Score, dude.
>>
No. 995029 ID: 8e8aa6

Take a piece of broken mirror to help look around corners more subtly. Find out which direction the clicking is coming from. Stick to the wall and check the stairwell first.
>>
No. 995030 ID: e7c7d3

Hug plushie for good luck
>>
No. 995041 ID: 36784c

>>995019
It's probably below you. Try looking down through the hole in the floor to see if you can spot it.

>>995030
Don't. It might be one of those plushies that makes some kind of noise when squeezed and that would alert the monster to where we are.

But we should definitely collect it after killing the monster. It's too cute to leave here.
>>
No. 995058 ID: a9af05

>>995019
Peak down the hole in the floor to see if you can see the monster. If you think you can handle the drop, you could try to jump down and attack from up here.
>>
No. 995063 ID: b1b4f3

Is nobody else gonna mention that the mutant is making sculptures, which means it's not a mindless monster?
Not saying we have to spare it, but maybe it attacked us for a reason.
>>
No. 995109 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161776183385.png - (164.60KB , 883x903 , Shameless Self Reference.png )
995109

>Is that an OFFICIAL CHUNKQUEST LIMITED EDITION ARRAYAN plush doll?
>Despite it's relatively short run time, that cartoon was LIT as hell while it lasted.
I'm sure the show would've gone on a lot longer if the world didn't end. Just a hunch. I had a shirt from this show once, I'm taking the plush.

>Take a piece of broken mirror to help look around corners more subtly.
Done.
>>
No. 995110 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161776185909.png - (578.52KB , 1500x1050 , Through the Crack.png )
995110

>Peek through the hole
I look down the crack in the floor. The mutant is sitting at the back of the room in a pile of rubble, metal weapons orbiting it ready to attack anything that enters the room. I can't attack it from here.

>Is nobody else gonna mention that the mutant is making sculptures, which means it's not a mindless monster? Not saying we have to spare it, but maybe it attacked us for a reason.
I've had plenty of humans attack me for plenty of reasons a lot of which tend to be pretty good, not wanting to starve being the most common, so I really don't care what it's reason is. Still, It's intelligence should be noted; A smarter enemy is a lot more dangerous.
>>
No. 995111 ID: b1b4f3

>>995110
It's focused on one doorway. I can't quite tell because of the perspective... do you think you could get close enough to attack if you entered from the other direction? It's the stairs.

Alternatively we can look around up here for something that we could drop down there to kill it. Like a molotov.
>>
No. 995120 ID: 36784c

>>995110
It’s a good thing you didn’t chase after it, you would’ve been torn to pieces!

It’s still expecting you to come through the door where you ambushed it earlier. If you go down the stairs in the room you’re in, you’ll be able to get to the room the monster is in.

The good thing about it being blind is that it can’t see you throw something from around the corner, so tossing something at the door where it’s focused will work in distracting it. However, since it’s intelligent, that means that you might only get one chance before it figures out what you’re doing. Gotta make it count!
>>
No. 995172 ID: 1a5633

Wait, we wasted the oportunity to be a creepy mother fucker through the hole in the floor. Shame on us!

>>995111
I think that if you manage to go through the other door you can sneak up to him hugging the wall to his right and make a surprise attack.

Do we now where that door leads to?
>>
No. 995212 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161783582764.png - (228.20KB , 1500x1050 , Can Throw.png )
995212

>It's focused on one doorway. I can't quite tell because of the perspective... do you think you could get close enough to attack if you entered from the other direction? It's the stairs.
>It’s still expecting you to come through the door where you ambushed it earlier. If you go down the stairs in the room you’re in, you’ll be able to get to the room the monster is in.
I creep down the stairs quietly but quickly. I move to the corner of the room.

>The good thing about it being blind is that it can’t see you throw something from around the corner, so tossing something at the door where it’s focused will work in distracting it.
I put the shards of glass into an empty can and chuck it at the doorway.
>>
No. 995213 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161783583147.png - (598.68KB , 1500x1050 , Can Throw 2.png )
995213

The mutant screeches and throws the metal objects at the door, I take my chance and move out to the middle of the room to get the clearest shot on the mutant
>>
No. 995214 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161783583559.png - (385.38KB , 1500x1050 , Pit Trap.png )
995214

As my foot makes contact with the ground I begin to fall…
>>
No. 995215 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161783584096.png - (604.13KB , 1500x1050 , Pit Trap 2.png )
995215

My head hit's solid rock, and something sharp has pierced my side. Looking around I see that I feel into a shallow pit filled with sharpened pieces of metal, one of which has stabbed me.

(Rita's Health: 12 ==> 6)

My ears are ringing, but I can still hear the mutant's clicking above. After some time the other bits of metal in the pit begin to vibrate and lift up out of the pit one by one, the mutant's checking it's trap.
>>
No. 995221 ID: 8a51ec

Probably not the time for "penetration" jokes. Is the spear not broken or out of reach, is your throwing arm unaffected? If both are a yes then try throwing the spear at it, otherwise play dead and hope you won't be no longer just playing in a moment.
>>
No. 995222 ID: b1b4f3

Uh, why did you go into the middle of the room? You were supposed to attack while hugging the wall. You know, around the corner?
Also I don't understand how this trap was even possible. What was supporting the rugs?

Well, regardless, you can get out of this situation fine if you remove the spike from yourself so that it can't tell you got stabbed, and wait for an opportunity to strike.
>>
No. 995224 ID: 031458

Jam your shotgun shell into one of the nearby jagged metal pieces to set it off!
Even with gloves it'll fuck up your hand, but the disorientation it'll cause to a mutant that relies on sound will gain you the precious seconds you need to get up and stab it in the face!
>>
No. 995225 ID: 1a5633

FFFFFFFudch, that went out baaaad. If he is checking the trap, he doesn't know that you are hit, or that you are there at all. Try to pick yourself up as fast as you can and shank the fucker. He doesn't seem to have any more "ammo" around him, it will take time to pull it out of the floor.
>>
No. 995226 ID: d99663

well poop
the turns have tabled
if you can grit through the pain you need to get whatever piece of metal is in you out of you before the mutant makes it worse.
>>
No. 995256 ID: 36784c

>>995215
The monster's blood trail on the floor shows that it clearly walked around the carpet on the floor! Fuck! Why didn't I see that?!

Sorry for getting you in this mess, Rita.

>the mutant's checking it's trap.
If it feels any resistance when trying to lift the piece of metal in your side, then it'll know that it got you. You're going to need to remove the metal so that it can't know that you're there!
>>
No. 995259 ID: 2aa5f0

so we lost half our health, lost the element of surprise, are pinned I believe by the metal rods sticking out of the pit, and are now in a room of metal set up to be a kill zone by fugly over there. Whelp GG everybody.

Honestly the only thing I can think of is maybe see if you can lunch a surprise attack while that thing still thinks you're down and book it out of the room to try and treat some of your wounds... or if that doesn't work just say fuck it and run (if you can) to go lick your wounds because this is not a position you want to be in to fight something like that.
>>
No. 995260 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161784821620.png - (880.03KB , 1500x1050 , In the Pit.png )
995260

>Probably not the time for "penetration" jokes.
No, please I'd love to hear 'em. I need to make sure I write down the good ones for later.

>Is the spear not broken or out of reach, is your throwing arm unaffected?
My spear is fine, my arm's okay too.

>Jam your shotgun shell into one of the nearby jagged metal pieces to set it off!
I clutch the shotgun slug in my left hand and my bone spear in my right. I take a deep breath and slam the shell down onto the closest piece of jagged metal as hard as I can. Sure enough the shock of the blast hurts like hell, but I can hear mutant screech in surprise, startled by the bang.
>>
No. 995261 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161784821724.png - (516.18KB , 1500x1050 , In the Pit 2.png )
995261

At the same time I tear myself from the piece of metal impaling me as fast as I can and take aim with my spear. The mutant's too dazed by the shell blast to notice my groans of pain.
>>
No. 995262 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161784823691.png - (1.39MB , 1500x1050 , Like Spear Fishing.png )
995262

The mutants clicks and screeching turns to rasps of pain and gargling blood as my spear runs through it's chest. It shakes and thrashes as it dies, until finally if falls down motionless. I can hear my spear break as it falls down. The mutant's finally dead.
>>
No. 995263 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161784824343.png - (615.43KB , 1500x1050 , Out.png )
995263

I climb out of the pit, it's not easy but I don't want to stay in there.

>Sorry for getting you in this mess, Rita.
Don't worry about that you voices are more help than I thought you'd be...I'm really talking back to the voices like they're people now aren't I? It's definitely all the blood loss...

Without the constant clicking all that's left is the sound of gentle breeze and the buzzing of insects. I relax, but not too much, there's always a chance things can get worse after they get better.
>>
No. 995264 ID: b1b4f3

>>995263
Alright time to stop the blood loss then start looting the place. May as well start with this hidey-hole the mutant had.
>>
No. 995272 ID: 36784c

>>995263
If the mutant left a trap, then that means you’re gonna need to be careful when walking around this place. We might run into more traps while looting.

First things first, duct tape your side to stop the bleeding, then take those pain killers to dull the pain of duct taping yourself up.

There’s some keys over in that hole in the wall. Maybe one of those will get you into the locked room with all the food? There’s also some other stuff next to the keys.

And that wagon will help with carrying any loot you find back home. Hopefully the mutant’s previous victims had some good stuff on them.
>>
No. 995276 ID: 1a5633

>It's definitely all the blood loss...
Definitly, 100%.

Well well, a cart, that is going to be REALLY useful. Search the room, loot it, and before you forget, get back the stuff you left behind. After that we need to find a way to open that locked door, and finish sweeping up the rest of teh building. Your chain and the hatchet should be in the entrance laying around, don't forget about those too.

About your injuries, might as well use the pain killers, you are quite beat up, and there is a long way back home.
>>
No. 995279 ID: e29c1e

Now would probably be a good time to down those painkillers
>>
No. 995281 ID: 8a51ec

Or you're just a schizophrenic. Anyway, CRACKHEAD CHARIOT ACQUIRED! Even a cart that rinky-dink is great at lightening the load. Go see what's in the wall hole over the rubble before you get out of tetanus hell.
>>
No. 995284 ID: 031458

The Wagon might come in handy. Though it'll be loud enough to attract attention...

...It would be best to avoid the Madhouse on the way back all together in our condition, but if you HAVE to pass by it again, might as well load the corpse up in it. Could leave it at the front. Maybe they'll let you pass?

I'm getting ahead of myself though. Patch yourself up as best you can and- oh. Looks like this guy had a stash in that wall there. We also haven't been on the roof yet. Got the whole place to ourselves... For now.

Should load up with what we can, and bring the Nerd with us later. A lot of nerd shit here.
>>
No. 995294 ID: 36784c

>>995272
Hey, Rita, I’ve got a few questions I’d like to ask:

Do you think Taken develop special powers, besides coming back to life? Do you think you might eventually get some kinda special power? When a Taken becomes a Husk after dying too many times, do you think they lose the ability to revive?
>>
No. 995364 ID: e16acb

>>995276
Taking the painkillers now would be a good idea, after wrapping up your wounds that is.
>>
No. 995389 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161793658237.png - (637.65KB , 1500x1050 , Loot.png )
995389

>Do you think Taken develop special powers?
Probably, I don't meet a lot of taken and a lot of what I hear sounds like hear-say so I don't know what is and isn't true.

>Do you think you might eventually get some kinda special power?
Don't know, probably not. Sounds too far fetched to happen to me.

>When a Taken becomes a Husk after dying too many times, do you think they lose the ability to revive?
No idea, I don't see why they would though.

>Tend to wounds
I use the last of my duct tape on the puncture wound.
(Health: 6 ==> 8)

I down the painkillers. They kick in pretty quickly.
(Health: 8 ==> 14)

I feel like a million bucks.

>Check the hole in the wall
I find two cans of food, some tomato soup and…hold on this isn't food. I find one can of tomato soup and one can of Sunderland brand canned lightbulbs? Weird. There's also a coupon for Benny's Burger Joint; That place was disgusting, burgers tasted like flavorless mush, I'd kill for their fries though. There's a map to a Benny's Burgers on the back of the coupon. Finally I find a doll made of scraps of metal, Allen wrenches, a bottle cap, and a key.

>Wagon
Definitely gonna come in handy, though it is squeaky and loud.

(Wagon Inventory 0/100)
>>
No. 995390 ID: b1b4f3

>>995389
We can use the wagon to store all the loot we find here. Maybe if you find some oil you can take care of that squeaky wheel.
First follow the blood trail into the "previous" room.
>>
No. 995397 ID: 1a5633

>Definitely gonna come in handy, though it is squeaky and loud.
Dell might know how to make it less noisy. Maybe some oil or something.

I bet the key opens the locked door. Lets go open it.

Don't forget to pick up the stuff you left behind!
>>
No. 995399 ID: 36784c

>>995389
Go look at the things the mutant threw at your distraction by the door. Anything worth taking?

>That place was disgusting, burgers tasted like flavorless mush, I'd kill for their fries though. There's a map to a Benny's Burgers on the back of the coupon.
It may taste bad, but food is food. Can’t be a picky eater if it means surviving. I doubt they’re still in business, but maybe there’s something we can get over there?

>Finally I find a doll made of scraps of metal, Allen wrenches, a bottle cap, and a key.
Let’s bring that key over to the locked door that had the food behind it. Hopefully this key will unlock it.

…Rita, I’ve been wondering, when did you first start hearing us? And do you think we’re only voices in your head? I ask because earlier, we alerted you to that metal barrel that came flying at you before you even knew it was there. Don’t you think that’s pretty strange?
>>
No. 995416 ID: 031458

All these dolls make me feel like this mutant was mostly all there, just the loneliness gave way to Paranoia.
I almost feel bad for him... But he did try to kill us first so fuck him.

Before we leave we need to Check the roof, check out any rooms we missed, collect our metal items we set aside, and see if we can find anywhere this key fits.
>>
No. 995420 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161796887472.png - (742.85KB , 1500x1050 , Through the Hallway.png )
995420

>Check projectiles
A handle-less knife, a sharp pipe, A saw blade, and an arrow, lot of garbage. I grab it all, garbage can be useful.

>Follow the blood out into the next room
It just leads into the hallway I wounded the mutant in.

>when did you first start hearing us?
Why do I need to answer that? Don't you remember when you started bothering me? It was right before I started wandering. You were all quieter before, like whispers, less coherent.
>>
No. 995421 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161796888848.png - (547.87KB , 1500x1050 , Locked Room.png )
995421

I try the doll key it on the chained door and the lock opens.

I take everything from the upper cupboard. Bottled water, canned pumpkin, tuna and a box of crackers, probably a little stale but should be fine to eat.

I pop open the guitar case and find…oh shit an actual guitar. That's surprising, it could be useful for something later on.

I check the dead body; He's got a pack of five cigarettes, a gun so broken it's basically just gun parts now, a necklace made out of a monopoly top hat playing piece, and a picture of the dead man with two other people surrounded by tree's. There's something written on the back of the photo…

Don't forget. Behind the old windmill. Bring lots of ammo
||<o>||
Ben


I also can't help but eye his belt…the buckle's nice…
>>
No. 995422 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161796890802.png - (237.65KB , 817x1081 , New Belt Buckle.png )
995422

…And now it's mine.

RITA'S INVENTORY(12.5/30)
-ARMEMENTS (1.1)
-Stock Club (1)
-Arrow(.1)

-TOOLS(.2)
-1/2 binocular (.1)
-Lighter (.1)

-FOOD(2.1)
-Can of tomato soup (.5)
-Can of pumpkin (.5)
-Can of tuna (.5)
-Box of stale crackers(.5)
-2 Bottles of water (1)

-MISC(9.1)
-5 Cigarettes (.5)
-Monopoly hat necklace (.1)
-Picture(-)
-Guitar (5)
-1x Gun parts(.5)
-Key Doll (.1)
-Buzzsaw(1)
-Knife blade(.1)
-Cracked die (.1)
-Illegible Book (.5)
-2 Empty Tin Cans (.2)
-Benny's Burger's coupon (-)
-Can of light bulbs (.5)
-Sharpened Pipe(.5)
>>
No. 995428 ID: 8a51ec

If you only started clearly hearing us once you got within the area of this place, there might be something else in the building more directly psionically screwing with you. Best to bring whatever it is with you all things considered. You should probably start navigating your way out of here before Dell gets disemboweled by something, you have a lot of scrap for him to tinker with right now.
>>
No. 995430 ID: 031458

That's a nice fuckin buckle. Consider it a reward for taking down fucking magneto. Professor X aint got shit on you.

We still haven't checked the roof or collected our set aside items.
>>
No. 995434 ID: 36784c

>>995422
Nice belt.

Let’s go to the entrance and explore the hallway that wasn’t covered in blood.
>>
No. 995450 ID: 194806

>Behind the old windmill
We should keep an eye for that windmill.

>Belt
Sick. I just hope that it doesn't bring trouble in the future with the friends of the previous owner.

Let's keep picking up the stuff you left behind.

Dell is going to be very happy with our finds. Especially the guitar.
>>
No. 995454 ID: b1b4f3

>>995422
Alright check the big blood splatter room next.
>>
No. 995471 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161801539307.png - (748.31KB , 1500x1050 , Loot 2.png )
995471

>Collect stashed items
I pick up the weird machine and toss it into the wagon.

>check the big blood splatter room next.
I follow the previous trail into the blood splattered room. It's mostly empty save for some metallic crap I take (+10 Mechanical Scrap, +5 Electronic Scrap).

There's a dead body against the nearest wall. His face is fucked up, almost makes me sick. He's got a crossbow on him, but the metal's bent and part of the front's broken off, it needs to be fixed before it's useable. He's also got 3 bolts, a fountain pen, a bottle of whisky, and a monopoly thimble playing piece necklace.
>>
No. 995472 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161801540199.png - (581.20KB , 1500x1050 , Other Room.png )
995472

>Explore other hallway
Down the other hall I find a small room, the furthest wall and the doorway with it collapsed. To my left through a collapsed wall is a dead body.

The dead body has gun parts, a roll of clean bandages, three pistol rounds, and a monopoly boot playing piece necklace. I take it all, especially the bandages, I'm sick of using duct tape to close wounds.
>>
No. 995473 ID: 8fb3ba
File A_whistle_on_the_roof.webm - (959.82KB , A whistle on the roof.webm )
995473

>The roof
I return to the top floor and head for the hole in the roof. As I draw closer I hear something, I can't tell if I couldn't here it before because of the clicking or if it's new. Somebody's whistling on the roof...
>>
No. 995474 ID: b1b4f3

>>995473
Try getting a look without exposing yourself. Whoever it is, they were here at the same time as the mutant. Maybe they were allied with it, or did they just have a different route to the roof and used it as an unwitting guard dog?
>>
No. 995475 ID: 031458

Was that a... Mechanical sound with it? Is there an air ship or something up there?!?!

Investigate.
>>
No. 995528 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161805251668.png - (554.05KB , 1500x1050 , Moth.png )
995528

>Investigate
>Try getting a look without exposing yourself
I slowly peek over the side of the hole.

A figure stands at the edge of the building over looking the city; Their cape is an odd design like moth wings, and they wear a strange sort of mask. The person sways back and forward as their cape flutters slightly with the wind. The atmosphere appears to shift; I don't feel the cold city air, and the rushing of wind is muted. The roof of the building is covered in weird doodles, spirals and other drawings that seem to wobble and wave like air on a summers day.

When I do hear a voice, it's a deep and gentle one. She's muttering to herself as she scans the city

???: I spy with my little eye…something that begins with the letter R…
???: Rubble, ruins…radio tower!...rats, wreckage…wait no not wreckage…roads…
>>
No. 995529 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161805252009.png - (351.72KB , 1500x1050 , Moth 2.png )
995529

As she's thinking her head turns toward me. I duck quickly down back into the hole, there's a long silence before she starts whistling again. The song sounds familiar, I know I would've heard it before The mutant should've known she was here too...

???: Pearl.

Her whistling is cut short abruptly by the curt statement.

PEARL: My name is Pearl.

I stay quiet, unmoving.

PEARL: I think I've heard a little about you, occasionally I over-hear a survivor from a wrecked enclave tell tale of a woman matching your description. Of course lots of people may be missing eyes and wearing masks so maybe you're not who I think you are; If you're not sorry for assuming.

There's a long silence as I stare at her. She suddenly points at something scurrying below.

PEARL: Racoon!
>>
No. 995531 ID: 303286

A lovely song, traveler.
... Did you fly here?
>>
No. 995532 ID: 9a2966

Stand up, but move no closer. If she's talking she's not completely crazy, paraphernalia and iconography aside.

"Rita."

Gesture at yourself as you say it.

"You sound Taken. Got 'nother one of you suggesting we make a community outside town. Don't really care, except he sounds handy 'n might make the place decent if I shovel enough scrap at 'im."

Crack your neck and / or knuckles.

"Not real keen on trustin' anyone quick, but if you're lonely enough to try chattin' up ME ya might wanna join. Or ya can fly off 'n listen to more peeps bitchin' to one 'nother 'bout 'that murderous Taken thug, boo hoo, she wouldn't let me steal her stuff, broke my goddamn nose, I am such a weenie rat's ass', or whatever word's been spreadin'."

... no one would ever accuse you of being very persuasive.
>>
No. 995552 ID: 36784c

>>995529
I guess ask what she’s doing here and if she was wanting to meet with you or something?
>>
No. 995555 ID: 3d5d68

>>995529
hmm, willing to bet people hunting you down in the past hasn't ended well. keep a weapon in hand but sure why not talk, this seems interesting.

everything here is weird though, any patterns and stuff on/circling you Rita?
>>
No. 995557 ID: b1b4f3

>>995529
Yeah may as well introduce yourself. She already knows your name, and knew you were there.

Ask why the mutant didn't attack her.
>>
No. 995596 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161811688624.png - (471.08KB , 1500x1050 , Pearl 2.png )
995596

I walk out of the hole and onto the roof, I talk but move no closer.

RITA: I'm Rita
PEARL: Oh! that starts with an R.
RITA: How did you get here?
PEARL: Same way you did.
RITA: Why didn't the mutant come after you?
PEARL: Because you killed it
RITA: You mean you got here after I killed it?
PEARL: Yup!
RITA: Then, what? You just got up here real fast by flying?
PEARL: Rita these wings are fake.

She flaps her wing shaped cape with her arms to show her point.

RITA: You're Taken aren't you?
PEARL: …Yes, in a way.
RITA: So then why are you here? Scavenging?
PEARL: I wanted to meet you. Really I've wanted to meet you for a while but I needed to find a good time. Now seemed pretty appropriate.
RITA Why? What do you want?
PEARL: To help. Help us both really.

She steps closer.

PEARL: You've managed to kill a very powerful mutant on your own; that's very impressive, and grounds for celebration.

As Pearl opens up the bag at her side a fragrant aroma fills the air. She produces a teacup and teapot from her satchel and pours a cup, She sips the tea through her mask until her cup is empty.

PEARL: One for me.

She then pours another cup and holds it out, beckoning me to move closer and take it.

PEARL: And one for you.
>>
No. 995597 ID: b1b4f3

>>995596
Alright. Can't be poisoned, may as well drink.
>>
No. 995598 ID: 1a8a7f

Move closer, take the cup, try not to inhale the vapors and just dump the contents over the side of the roof.

Return the cup after the snub and step away from her again.

"Something strange going on. Get to the point. Or I piss off ‘n you can yak with the wind."
>>
No. 995612 ID: 0fae41

>>995597
Maybe she's just pouring tea all over the inside of her fursuit! There's no way to tell what goes on behind those compound eyes of hers.
Tell her you only drink coffee.
>>
No. 995615 ID: 194806

While cordiality is rare in this era and age and i do appreciate it, i would like to get to the point. Why do we need to help each other?

What is it? The tea i mean?
>>
No. 995621 ID: 031458

Partake

If she managed to sneak up there after you killed that mutant, there's a lot more to worry about than a cup of tea.
>>
No. 995625 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161813384267.png - (490.17KB , 1500x1050 , Pearl.png )
995625

>Maybe she's just pouring tea all over the inside of her fursuit!
I don't see any wet spots, I doubt the things water proof…

I walk forward and take the cup, I don't drink it yet, I'm on the fence about tossing it out completely. I take step back afterward, so I'm not too close her.
PEARL: Y'know moths don't bite right?
RITA: You're not a moth, just someone in a fur suit. Just get to the damn point already, why do we need to help each other?
PEARL: Come on Rita you know why you need help. You're This close to burning out, going crazy, and eventually husking.
RITA: I'm just fucking fine.
PEARL: No you're not. In fact you're looking pretty bad, y'know. Like a tired animal that's forgotten life without violence.
PEARL: Lost so much you're choosing to forget a lot of who you were because it hurts knowing what you don't have anymore. You haven't noticed it yet, but that's making you weaker.
RITA: I'm not weak
PEARL: No, just weaker.
RITA: What the hell do you know about me anyway?
PEARL: All you want is to curl up and hide away, survive on simple instinct, avoid pain and death to try and keep from husking, but that way of livings a one way street to losing your mind. It's in the way you walk, the hollow look in your eyes, your voice, and just about everything else about you. All your mannerisms scream scared, and that's where I come in.
>>
No. 995626 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161813385990.png - (498.24KB , 1500x1050 , Tea Party.png )
995626

She pours herself another cup of tea.

>What is it? The tea i mean?
PEARL: It's black tea, my own special blend.

I look down at the steaming cup, the faintest reflection of my mask stares back. The warmth feels nice on my hands.
RITA: I only drink coffee
PEARL: I'm sure you'll like the tea, go on try it.
RITA:…How can you help me anyway?
PEARL: Your minds going, slowly but surely. You're unhinged I know it. Everyone see's you like shattered glass, all broken and dangerous. I see you as a puzzle.
PEAR: I can put you back together; Help you go down into the depths of your mind that you're too scared to go alone and pick up the pieces. Coiled in fear and regret is the true strength you've lost.
RITA: Even if any of this is true how does it help you?
PEARL: I like the challenge, I want to see how much I can draw out of you.
RITA: So I'm a Guinea pig for you? Is that it?
PEARL: More or less, but I assure you it'll only be beneficial for you.

Pearl takes a long sip from her cup. I hear cawing, Pearl looks up.

PEARL: Raven!...Wait maybe it's a crow…Your tea's getting cold Rita, aren't you going to drink it?
>>
No. 995627 ID: 36784c

>>995626
Drink the tea.

If she can help you, then I think you should take her offer. I don’t want you to turn into a Husk, so if she can help prevent that, I want get her help.
>>
No. 995628 ID: a9af05

>>995625
So repeatedly dying isn't the only way of turning into a Husk? And she says that you're close to turning into one? That's not good.

>>995626
If she can help you not become a Husk, then I think you should take her offer.

Also drink the tea.
>>
No. 995630 ID: ce39da

... It's something different, at least. You kinda were ready to up and stagnate, weren't you? Surviving without really living.

If you're at the end of your rope, you might as well have some fun on the way down, and maybe it really will help.

Drink up.
>>
No. 995632 ID: 2aa5f0

ask how long she's been watching you.
>>
No. 995637 ID: 031458

Sigh. Drink it. This is too much effort to just screw you over. She coulda stole your stuff while you were fighting. She coulda shot you when she slipped in. Tea ain't gonna kill ya.


First some hopeless geek pops up out of nowhere, now a traveling fur-suited therapist is giving me tea on the roof of a blown out radio station. What a weird day.

Oh yeah, I guess that happened. Some guy popped up at base camp, I almost threw him to the fog. Would have done it too, if he wasn't so helpless. Heh. Says his name is Dell. Says he's an engineer and can make and fix things. I guess that's why I came here. What we need is food, but I'm curious to see if he lives up to that title of his.
>>
No. 995674 ID: b1b4f3

>>995626
Drink the tea.
You can get better.
>>
No. 995762 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161820030822.png - (349.38KB , 1500x1050 , Tea Party 2.png )
995762

RITA: …How long have you been following me?
PEARL: For a bit, it was on again off again at first. Now it's been pretty steady.

I sigh and drink the tea. It's sweet, but the taste wasn't what I was worried about. A tingly sensation runs down my body, but I don't feel bad.
RITA: First I have to share shelter with a hopeless geek, now I'm getting therapy from someone in a fur-suit. This whole day's been weird…
PEARL: Every days weird now a days… You've been sharing with someone? That's surprising.
RITA: Yeah…some guy popped up at base camp, I almost threw him to the fog. Would have done it too.
PEARL: You stopped yourself though
RITA: Nah, voices in my head wouldn't shut up about doing it so I let him stay inside.
PEARL: Why'd you listen to them? They're just voices.
RITA: Egh…I don't know
PEARL: Y'know what I've heard? The voices the Taken hear can tell you to do things you'd never do and urge you in odd ways, but most of the time they just echo things you would've thought yourself. So sometimes it feels like you're following they're orders, when really they're thinking what you thought and you didn't even know.
RITA: I don't understand.
PERAL: I'm saying maybe you didn't just get guilt tripped by phantoms, maybe you wanted to let that guy stay inside the whole time, and the voices picked up on the feeling and enhanced it in your mind.
RITA: Yeah, Maybe
PEARL: Regardless you let him stay didn't you? That's just as impressive as killing that mutant. You made a connection today, it was small but you can make it better.
RITA: I'm just using him, like he's using me for shelter. Everyone's using some one else.
PEARL: That's called a partnership Rita! You're working together to help each other. You need to stop distancing yourself from others because you're scared you might lose the people you get attached to, it's only holding you back, it's only driving you mad.

She takes a sip of her tea.
RITA:…He wants to make a settlement on the clearing our base is on.
PEARL: That's good, I mean if you're going to go through with it that is. It'll be a lot more work for you.
>>
No. 995763 ID: b1b4f3

>>995762
Nothing wrong with work, so long as something comes of it. Having a secure base would be nice, instead of having to rush for shelter every night without knowing if you'll find it, or what might be waiting for you there.

Ask what she meant by being "something like" a Taken.
>>
No. 995773 ID: 194806

I mean, she is right, you know? I get you, teaming up with people is hard, they have needs, some of them are backstabers sons of bitches, and is a pain in the ass to deal with all that. But you alaready dealt with that, didn't you? Now you know better, and you also know that doing everything alone is just as much as bad, or worse. So give it a chance, start small, baby steps.

But... what does she want from all this? Why does she stalked you? Why YOU in particular? What does she gane from you being chummy with a bunch of people?
>>
No. 995782 ID: 36784c

>>995762
……is she gonna want to join us to be part of the community that we’re building?
>>
No. 995789 ID: bd4069

Well if you expect me to build a community then help me secure this building. I'm sure all this pristine equipment will come in handy, but I don't know how to disassemble it. I'll need to come back with the Engi, but with the guardian dead someone might move in or wreck the place.
>>
No. 995857 ID: a9af05

>>995762
>Taken can hear voices
I guess since all Taken can hear voices in their heads, then that means that you're not going crazy. That's good news, right?

So is she trying to offer to be your therapist if you invite her back to base with you?
>>
No. 995862 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161827393724.png - (511.76KB , 1500x1050 , Tea Party 4.png )
995862

RITA: Nothing wrong with work, so long as something comes of it.
PEARL: I take it that's a yes?
RITA: You interested in joining or something?
PEARL: No, just glad to hear you're willing to let people get a bit closer.

I drink more of my tea
RITA: Well it might come along faster if I have what's in this building. I don't know how to dismantle any of it, and I definitely can't secure it alone.
PEARL: You can't, you might just want to load up what you can on your wagon and leave with it. It'll very likely get scraped clean by others. Loss is just a part of life.

She moves around me, I hadn't noticed how close I'd let her get.
PEARL: Doesn't sharing a drink with someone feel nice?
RITA: …Been along time since I could do this.
PEARL: You were with your marauder clan not too long ago, no one there you could do this with?
RITA: They were a bunch of bloodthirsty murdering freaks; I couldn't relax around any of them… even though I fit right in with them all
RITA: I… don't like thinking about it.
PEARL: If you disregard your misdeeds it'll only lead to more pain in the future, but I feel we've talked enough for now.
>>
No. 995863 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161827394135.png - (566.42KB , 1500x1050 , Tea Party 3.png )
995863

My body begins to go numb. My head starts to throb as the world begins to fade.
RITA: W-whats…
PEARL: It's scary going deep into a place you dread even thinking about, but you need to face that fear.

The tea cup drops from my grip, I hear it shatter onto the floor. My stomach is warm and my eyelids become heavy.

PEARL: But I will guide you down, and help you lay bare your true potential

My body shivers…
>>
No. 995864 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161827394471.png - (153.47KB , 1500x1050 , Tea.png )
995864

RITA'S HEALTH HAS INCREASED (15 ==> 30)

Pick ONE
[ACCURACY]: (Offensive) counts as two traits from mid range and long range
[RESILENT-]: (Defensive) Ignore the first time you'd gain a negative status in combat
[ENERGETIC]: (Offensive/Defensive) Is not exhausted after your attack phase. Is UNUSABLE at half health

Tip: Passive traits, denoted with a [-], do not need to be used in an attack or while defending to have an effect in combat

Pick ANOTHER ONE
[INTIMIDATING]
[PERSAUSIVE]
[EMPATHETIC]
>>
No. 995866 ID: 1a8a7f

Resilience and intimidation.

Play to your strengths. You got back up after every fall. No one could stop you - or wanted to.
>>
No. 995867 ID: ce39da

[RESILIENT-]: Knowing we have an always-on defense of at least 1 will greatly help in future battles. [ACCURACY+] doesn't mesh very well with our other attributes meanwhile, and [ENERGETIC] breaks down in battles of attrition, so I'd rather have something more reliable.

[INTIMIDATING]: We're taking our first steps, but I don't think we're ready to go completely soft just yet - this meshes best with how we operate. That we're using our words at all is a victory, and if people know in their hearts not to fuck with us, that might allow us to relax a little.
>>
No. 995869 ID: 031458

[ENERGETIC]
Simple and effective. Just like Rita.

[INTIMIDATING]
A natural fit. Though one could argue that it's just erecting yet another wall in the psyche of walls that is Rita's mind, there is value in a sense of control. This will grant that in many situations. Rita's current mindset is caused by a lack of security. This will help.

Empathetic would be better for her growth in the long run perhaps, but she wouldn't know what to do with the information for quite a while, and it could even make some things worse.

Persuasive requires Rita to be in friendly social situations in the first place.
>>
No. 995880 ID: 36784c

>>995864
[RESILENT-] and [INTIMIDATING]
>>
No. 995881 ID: 5cfa87

>>995864
Energetic and Intimidating!
>>
No. 995894 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161828300696.png - (165.40KB , 1500x1050 , Overlook.png )
995894

RITA GAINED [RESILIENT-]
RITA GAINED [INTIMIDATING]



When I come to I'm standing on my feet over looking the city, the scribbles on the ground are gone along with Pearl. The fog in my head clears quickly as I look over the horizon, I feel…better somehow.

From where I'm standing I can see a grate set into the ground, looks like it leads off the little island the radio station is on.

I don't think there are any more explorable rooms in the radio station. The rest are caved in and filled with rubble.
>>
No. 995897 ID: 8a51ec

Just one of those days, huh? No need to stick around if there's nothing left for you here, I hope all the recent sensory overload hasn't gotten you turned around too much.
>>
No. 995898 ID: 9c48ac

>>995894
Well then, loot what you can and head out.

Make sure you get the guitar and the two weapons you left outside. Other than that, whatever fits in the wagon is probably fine.
>>
No. 995899 ID: 194806

Looks like this is going to be a thing. Welp, let's head out. I gather tou already picked up everithing you could. Look around at the entrance of the building, that is were your chain and axe were thrown at you last time, it would be a shame to lose those.
>>
No. 995910 ID: 36784c

>>995894
If there isn't anything else to loot from the building, then let's leave.

Make sure you get your hatchet and chain before leaving.
>>
No. 995920 ID: 031458

Look at the radio tower. How dumb would it be to climb it so you could rip off an antenna and/or dish?

Coming back here sooner will probably be suicide, later not worth it. It looks like now or never.
>>
No. 995946 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161831522601.png - (582.61KB , 1500x1050 , Salvage Run.png )
995946

>Make sure you've taken you can from the radio station
I make a second round through the radio station. This time I take the time to pull electronics from radio panels and peel apart those metal sculptures upstairs.

The retrievable yield is 500 Mechanical Scrap and 150 Electronic Scrap. What else remains is too complex to dismantle without breaking or too heavy.

>Look at the radio tower. How dumb would it be to climb it so you could rip off an antenna and/or dish?
Incredibly dumb. No way I could carry a dish with this rinky-dink little wagon, maybe an antenna, but that's way too much work something that won't be worth it.

>Gather Hatchet and Chain
Done.
>>
No. 995947 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161831522912.png - (220.88KB , 1500x1050 , Return.png )
995947

I exit the city and return to the metro car with little issue. There Dell's waiting outside, he greets me as I approach
>>
No. 995948 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161831530852.png - (404.30KB , 1500x1050 , Dell.png )
995948

DELL: Woah you sure got a lot didn't you?
RITA: …The metro doesn't look very fortified
DELL: Wuh-Well I only had so much to work with! The most I could do was a lock on the door. At least I made the base of the car sturdier with the rocks around here, and I dug up that grave…Though there wasn't anything useful inside, a shredded up corpse and this silver dollar was all that was inside.

Dell dexterously flips the coin between his fingers and holds it up to you.

DELL: I also cleaned as best as I could, but that's not easy. Oh! I also gathered a little wood, y'know just in case, but it's mostly twigs and branches.

(Dell added 50x Wood to the metro inventory)

DELL:So! What'd you find at the radio tower?
>>
No. 995950 ID: 2aa5f0

tell him you took down a mutant and hope there aren't to more around here but if their are it would be one more reason to try and boast this place's defenses. then show him the scrap and ask if these would help him build things around here... and I guess ask what he needs to actually make this place defendable so we have an idea on what to look for next time you head out to scavenge.
>>
No. 995966 ID: ce39da

"Huh, guess whoever buried him took his shotgun. Did you rebury him, at least?"

Present thy loot.
>>
No. 995974 ID: 36784c

>>995948
Show him everything you got and see if he can do anything with any of it. Also ask if he can get the wheel on the wagon to stop squeaking, it's really annoying.

Share some of the food you collected with him, so he can keep working without collapsing from hunger.
>>
No. 995982 ID: 031458

We won't starve today, enough gun parts to make a pistol or two, a bunch of scrap and some sort of electrical doodad to keep you busy, (as you pull out the ARRAYAN doll) Something I'll end your life over if I see you touching it and... Behold. *Motion to the guitar*
You best be decent with it. I don't really play anything without amplification, and even then I mostly played bass.
>>
No. 995994 ID: 6f067f

Show him what you got, especially your new belt, which is awesome.

Explain him your fight with the mutant and your encounter with Pearl. He is probably going to agree with her in making a settlement in the future. But first things first, the metro must be upgreaded as much as posible.

Ah, give him the guitar, he'll like to have it.
>>
No. 996011 ID: b1b4f3

>>995948
Present to him the wagon that is somehow carrying like 200-500 pounds of metal, and you dragged its squeaky ass through the city without attracting attention.
>>
No. 996046 ID: 9c48ac

>>995948
If he's looking to be gathering wood, we might leave the hatchet with him next time. The chain hook is more suited to our fighting style anyway (given the BRAWLER trait).

Grab the plushie and guitar and bring them inside as secretly as possible, and let him look through the rest. (Put the guitar on his half of the car, of course.) We wouldn't want him to know we have feelings, after all.
>>
No. 996070 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161836005354.png - (465.15KB , 1500x1050 , Checking.png )
996070

>>996011
The wagon has nowhere near 200 pounds worth of metal in it.

RITA: Guess whoever buried him took his shotgun.

I look over at the grave, it's been reburied. I pull the wagon closer so Dell can look through it.
DELL: Lots of good material here!
RITA: Enough to reinforce the car?
DELL: Yes! It's already sturdy in most places, whoever was here before did a good job, I'll need almost half of the scrap you've got here to finish the job

(BASE UPGRADE = 200 Mechanical Scrap + 50 Electronic Scrap)

>Gun Parts
RITA: I also have a few gun parts, can you do anything with these.

Dell scans the gun parts
DELL: Each handful of gun parts are missing different pieces, If I use both together with some scrap I can make a simple scrap gun. It might not last for very long though.
(SCRAP PISTOL = 2x Gun Parts + 50 Mechanical Scrap)

>Guitar
I hand Dell the guitar I found
DELL: Oh man! You…Wait no it's different. I thought you actually goy my guitar back somehow. That'd would've been hilarious

Dell tunes the guitar and gives it a few strums
DELL: This might be better than my old one! Thank you!

>Plush
RITA: You see this?

I pull out the stuffed plush and show it to Dell
DELL: Oh yeah! I used to love that show

he reaches out to hold it, I snatch it away before he can touch it
RITA: If I see you touch it I'll break your fingers, you got it?
DELL: I…Yeah, I don't blame you for that.

>Food
I give Dell a can of Tomato soup, and I stash the rest in the metro car. We both go inside to eat.
>>
No. 996071 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161836007177.png - (779.05KB , 1500x1050 , Rest.png )
996071

RITA:…I fought a mutant out there.
DELL: Yeah? Is that why you're covered in duct tape
RITA: It had magnet powers and was smart enough to set up traps. I needed to close my wounds with something. Duct tape and painkillers were good enough.
DELL: Glad I didn't go

Dell clenches his robot arm
RITA: I also met someone in the radio station, crazy lady dressed like a moth
DELL: Did you talk?
RITA: Yeah, she was…It was weird. We had tea
DELL: You had tea with a moth lady in a blown out radio station?
RITA: Yes
DELL: …Okay, what'd she say to you?
RITA: A lot of things. I told her about that settlement Idea you had and she said it was a good idea.
DELL: Does that mean you're okay with it too?
>>
No. 996072 ID: 9a2966

... yes, he had a fucking good idea. Fine, jeez.
>>
No. 996073 ID: e7c7d3

It'd be better then nothing
>>
No. 996074 ID: b1b4f3

>>996071
Hmm, so scrap metal units are pretty small. 5 units per pound maybe, so the wagon was 100 pounds?

>settlement?
Guess so. Gonna be a while before you invite anyone though. Gotta secure the car properly, and also section it off into rooms. Like hell you're gonna live with a third person without a room to yourself and a lock on the door. If any of your stuff goes missing you need to know who to shoot.
>>
No. 996078 ID: 2aa5f0

>Does that mean you're okay with it too?
we'll see. Might as well go ahead and start at it, give me a list of things you'd need and I'll see if I bump into any while I'm out, but I'm fully expecting something about this project to come and bite us in the ass down the line.
>>
No. 996082 ID: 031458

Maybe. But before we can even start that, the city will need to be cleansed of cannibals, and the mountains purged of raiders.

I'll need you to keep me supplied and alive. It'll be hard, dangerous work. Sometimes I'll even need you to come with me to watch my back. You might die.

If you've any reservations, go ahead and take that guitar and go. I don't need someone who'll go soft on me mid way through.
But if you're willing to make the sacrifice...

I wouldn't mind settling down here.
>>
No. 996102 ID: 094652

"There are no good ideas since the Fog. Just do it."
>>
No. 996104 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161837162374.png - (808.70KB , 1500x1050 , Rest 2.png )
996104

>>996082
I don't know about having this guy come with me anywhere too dangerous. I don't want the person who can build things for me biting it out there. Besides, I think I've mentioned before how worthless he 'd be to me be in a direct confrontation. Dell can do enough for me here.

As for clearing the city and mountains, that would take way too long for us to wait on. The city and mountains are HUGE. I'll kill who I can when I can when I take trips to the city.

RITA: Fine yes, I guess we can start letting other people live here. What're you going to do split this place into rooms?
DELL: What? No no, that'd be dumb. I can make a few decently sized houses below the hill. Well not houses, more like huts, but people aren't picky. You won't have to share with anyone, If I do make any changes to the car it'll be a room for me…I mean if that's okay with you anyway.

Dell paces and thinks for a bit. He estimates about 500 wood would be needed for a decent wooden hut good enough to fit around 4 people comfortably.
DELL: We're not working for luxury, just livability. The important part is that it keeps out enough fog when it rolls in. Your best bet on wood is the forest, obviously.
RITA: Can you only make houses out of wood or something?
DELL: Stone would work too, it's just heavier. Metal also but you'd need a lot more of it, either way it'd be a lot sturdier.
RITA: Well none of this happens til after the metro get's reinforced.
DELL: Right! I'll get right on that!
RITA: And if any part of this bites me in the ass I'm blaming you.
DELL: That's fair.

>The wagon
RITA I almost forgot, can you make that wagon stop squeaking?
DELL: Sure can! Though the wagon itself will still make a bit of noise, it'll just be a lot less noise.

Dell leaves, and quickly checks over the wagon's wheel.
DELL: Done! I could probably have it carry more for you too with the right stuff.

WAGON UPGRADE = 100 Mechanical Scrap

DELL: I'll get started reinforcing the metro car, tell me if you want me to do anything else and I'll get right on it.

Dell takes his wrench and leaves the car.
>>
No. 996105 ID: b1b4f3

>>996104
Hmm, can he make any defenses? He said he had drones before, what would it take to make some of those?
Also, may as well get that scrap gun. You don't have a ranged option, it'd be nice to have that even if you're more dangerous in close range. And even when it breaks it can be recycled.

How viable is hunting wildlife for food? That dog you fought was no good, is that the norm? We could set up snares, so long as it's possible for a human to get out of them if they get caught. It'd be too cruel to trap unsuspecting people in them only to have the fog roll in while they're trapped.
I guess you could help out by gathering wood for the rest of the day. You've got an axe, even.
>>
No. 996106 ID: 031458

I want both the wagon upgrade and the gun before I go out again.

That big metal box I bring back worth anything besides scrap?
>>
No. 996119 ID: 6f067f

Ok, i guess you should rest, unless the talk with the moth lady help you rest enough. If we have enough food and such, it would be wise to start stockpiling resources, like wood. We would need tools to extract stone. We should leave the gun parts and the metal scrap for valuable stuff. I don't see any value on making scrap weapons that will break with valueble materials.
We could use a pice of cloth to separate the metro, for a little bit more of privacy. Unles you don't mind that, of course.
>>
No. 996146 ID: 894419

>>996107
These seem prudent choices
>>
No. 996281 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161846752888.png - (404.34KB , 1500x1050 , Scrap Gun.png )
996281

>Upgrade wagon
>Make scrap gun
Dell takes the time to upgrade the wagon and make the gun. It costs 350 Mechanical Scrap and the Gun Parts all together. The gun is a cobbled together Semi-automatic scrap pistol
DELL: Do you have ammo?
RITA: Three bullets, I can make 'em count.
>>
No. 996282 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161846758816.png - (394.25KB , 1500x1050 , Drone.png )
996282

>How viable is hunting wildlife for food? That dog you fought was no good, is that the norm?
That dog was just disease ridden, there should still be somewhat healthy game around for us to eat.

>Hmm, can he make any defenses? He said he had drones before, what would it take to make some of those?
RITA: Dell, you said you had drones right? What do you need to make more?
DELL: Well…Those drones were unique. They utilized special compressed power cores that allowed them to be light-weight and have enough power to function. I can't just slap new ones together, You'd be better off finding them.

(HOVER DRONE = 50 Mech. Scrap, 50 Elec. Scrap, 10 High Quality Metal, 1x Power Core, 1x Targeting Module)

DELL: I can make larger stationary turrets though. For ammo they shoot scrap metal. They don't need a power core but they'll still require energy to function, batteries would work, If I make a generator I could hook it up to that.

(SCRAP TURRET = 100 Mech. Scrap, 100 Elec. Scrap, 1x Targeting Module)

>We could set up snares, so long as it's possible for a human to get out of them if they get caught. It'd be too cruel to trap unsuspecting people in them only to have the fog roll in while they're trapped.
True, but if I make snares a human can get out of an animal might be able to get out too, most likely with enough thrashing and dumb luck. Besides I don't really know how to make snare traps. Deadfalls might work to catch small game along with being easier to make.

>Big metal box worth anything other than scrap?
I crack the thing open, it's mostly electronic scrap with a few bits of mechanical parts. One bit of circuitry seems a bit more higher quality than the rest. It's bigger and seems to be an integral center part to the machine

(10 Mech Scrap, 20 Elec Scrap, 1 Targeting Module)
>>
No. 996283 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161846760531.png - (594.89KB , 1500x1050 , Wildlife.png )
996283

>Cut some wood
I take the newly upgraded cart and my hatchet and head to the edge of the woods. There are plenty of thin spindly trees perfect for cutting down.

Hacking down tree's is almost therapeutic, the chirping of birds and rustling of the leaves can be heard in between each hatchet strike. Occasionally I can see a figure in the tree's; I've counted three animal-like silhouettes and one I swear was human. At first I'm sure all of the figures in the forest would be hesitant enough to not approach, until a buck comes just close enough that it's no longer a silhouette and begins to graze.

It's at medium range. I could probably land a good shot from where I'm at…
>>
No. 996284 ID: b1b4f3

>>996283
I dunno if it's a good idea to spend a bullet on this, it's not exactly life or death. Might be better to make a bow and arrows out of the wood you collected then try hunting. An arrow can still take down a deer but the gun would be a faster shot in a fight.
Also if there's someone out there, they may ambush you while you're focused on hunting. Don't let your guard down.

I think it might be better to just take the wood back for now.
>>
No. 996286 ID: 36784c

>>996283
Let's not waste a bullet. Those things are hard to get! We also don’t know what else is lurking in these woods. A gunshot might bring trouble to you.

……this is a weird question: Are you sure that buck isn’t stalking you to make a meal out of you? The fog has done some pretty weird things, so it’s not entirely impossible that buck has become omnivorous.
>>
No. 996297 ID: 031458

Shoot it. It'll let you get a feel for the new gun if anything. Plus it'll take you from won't starve today to won't starve this week
>>
No. 996320 ID: 2aa5f0

how many bullets do you have? Because if you just have 3 I'd say save them. Just put up so spiked pit traps like you said you planned on doing and just put warning signs next to them so people don't fall into them... well most people won't fall into them, can't stop idiots no matter how hard you try.
>>
No. 996335 ID: 6f067f

Do you know how to track animals? Might as well leave it alone for now, come back with something else to hunt it, not waste bullets on that. It will also make a lot of noise.

What is more comfortable? Using a bow, or a throwing spear? You did well with the latter against the mutant.
>>
No. 996353 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161852666720.png - (178.13KB , 1500x1050 , Night.png )
996353

>Let's not waste a bullet.
Yeah, it's not worth it right now. We have enough food right now we should be fine.

> Just put up some spiked pit traps like you said you planned on doing
Deadfalls aren't pit traps. Deadfall traps are large weighted objects like rocks that are rigged to fall and crush the prey when the bait's taken. I can get small game that way and it's impossible for a human to be caught in it. I take the time to put up a few un-baited, they might still nab something.

I stay on the edge of the woods chopping trees until the sun sets, by the time I'm finished I've got the wagon half filled with wood.

WAGON INVENTORY(112.5/200)
x225 WOOD

I return to the metro car, it looks like Dell's finished the fortifications. The car looks much sturdier. I can hear guitar strumming and singing coming from the inside of the car
>>
No. 996354 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161852673272.png - (812.91KB , 1500x1050 , Rest 3.png )
996354

>What is more comfortable? Using a bow, or a throwing spear?
Both feel the same for me. A bow would be better since it's got more range. I still have that broken crossbow too...

DELL: Make no mistake I don't do anything for free, I keep my enemies closer than my mirror ever gets to me~
DELL: And if you think that here is shelter in this attitude, wait 'til you feel, the warmth of my gratitude~

Dell stops and tunes his guitar a little, he notices me as he does so.
DELL: Hey! How do you like the reinforcements?
RITA: They look good. You put lights in too.
DELL: Yeah, they're all strung up to that crank generator there. It's only strong enough for the lights.
RITA: Hmm…I got more wood.
DELL: Great! By tomorrow I should be able to make that hut
RITA: How do you know anyone'll show up?
DELL: Call it a hunch, but I just know people'll come looking for a place to stay. And if they're an issue you can crack skulls. You like cracking skulls don't you.
RITA: That's besides the point.
DELL: Anyway, you turning in for the night? If you keep working when it's dark out some of the more nocturnal creatures might give you some problems.
>>
No. 996355 ID: 2aa5f0

yeah probably should head in for the night, though maybe ask him if he has some trap ideas for trying to catch some of the wildlife around here to hopefully start getting some food flowing through the camp. I'm sure he'd have some ideas for things we could set up.

Oh and I guess ask about what he'd need to fix that crossbow you found and what he'd need for bolts. Could be a good hunting weapon and something to try and silently take down enemies if we need to be sneaky.
>>
No. 996356 ID: b1b4f3

>crossbow
Oh, I forgot. Ask if he can fix it up. That'll be a great hunting weapon, and maybe even useful in combat.

How dangerous are those nocturnal creatures? If you can heal overnight, it wouldn't be too bad to get roughed up while collecting a bit more wood, and whatever the creatures are good for. Meat? Materials?
>>
No. 996393 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161853938646.png - (511.24KB , 1500x1050 , Crossbow Repair.png )
996393

>Have Dell repair crossbow
RITA: Can you fix this?
DELL: Of course! Just need a little scrap

(-50 Mechanical Scrap)

DELL: Gotta straighten the flight grove, restring the bow, screw the foregrip on tighter…and done!

Dell hands you the fixed crossbow. Seeing him work on something up close makes me realize that arm of his is actually some form of multitool.

>Ask what he'd need for bolts
What's needed for bolts should be obvious, wood and something hard to tip them with: bone, stone, or metal would be best. I could probably make them myself if I needed to. The crossbow already had three bolts with it.

I take the time to look over my weapons in more detail…

Gun Stock Club = 3 Dmg, Off Hand
Rickety Hatchet = 3 Dmg, Off Hand
Clumsy Hook Chain = 4 Dmg, 1 Hand
Crossbow = 8 Dmg, 2 Hands, Reload 3
Scrap Pistol = 10 Dmg, Off Hand, Reload 1

Tip: Reloading a weapon takes time, and makes it harder to attack or defend. The same goes for swapping weapons mid combat, which take more time depending on how many hands it takes to hold the weapon.

>How strong are the nocturnal creatures
RITA: How dangerous are these night creatures?
DELL: I'd say they can be pretty deadly, I've seen 'em tear people apart. Then again you're a lot tougher than most people I've seen, so maybe you'd have a chance.
DELL: Bigger problem is the dark. Fighting while you can't see definitely won't end well.
RITA: Are they safe to eat?
DELL: Sure, unless you find a diseased one. It depends I guess. You could use the bones for simple tools or weapons too.
>>
No. 996397 ID: 6f067f

Well, i think that that is that. You both did great today. You earn a rest.
Congratulate Dell. Just a little bit. He deserves it.

Say, does it cost anything to keep the lights on? We should leave them off for the night anyway, so as to not attract attention.
>>
No. 996409 ID: 031458

Crossbow is probably better in Dell's hands for now. A little bulky to take out with us, but still useful for home defense, and for conserving bullets while hunting.

Ask Dell to make a speed holster for the pistol, or at least tell us what he'll need. We'll need to be point blank to hit anything, It would be nice to not fumble with it.

Also ask him if he can fashion the gun stock club into a good handle for the hook chain to make an actual reasonable weapon.

Add "Reinforce this hatchet so it doesn't fall apart" to the pile of requests, after that.
>>
No. 996410 ID: b1b4f3

>>996393
Damn, you'll have to wait until you have a flashlight to hunt the night mobs.

Get some rest. Tomorrow I think you should go clear out that butcher shop.
Hmm, what are your thoughts on armor?
>>
No. 996418 ID: 36784c

>>996393
I think that’s all we can do for now. Let’s get some sleep. You can cuddle your Arrayan plush like a teddy bear while you’re sleeping.

Oh yeah, you and Dell should probably flip a coin or something to decide who gets the sleeping bag. Unless you feel like sharing it?
>>
No. 996428 ID: 9c48ac

>>996397
Sounds like it's a hand-cranked generator, so it costs only the time and effort to crank it. I wonder how long it lasts after you stop cranking, though?

Anyway, no reason to risk yourself fighting the night beasts, at this point. Maybe some other time.

Letting Dell have the crossbow seems like it makes sense.

I agree with upgrading the hook chain before we set out again as well, though that can wait until morning. I'm less sure about the handle specifically though, I'm a little worried it'll interfere with our using it with the [BRAWLER+] trait. If it doesn't though I have no objections. It could probably also use some sharpening and maybe uhhhh reorienting of the hook?? idk
>>
No. 996436 ID: 031458

>>996428
Chains are kind of awkward to wield.
Sharp things that point back at you (Like hooks) are kind of awkward to wield.
Weapons that freely hang and swing around are kind of awkward to wield.

Slapping a handle on it is just the easiest way I could think of to take it from janky improvised weapon into something actually useable.
I don't know how it would be an issue with brawler+.

I think it would be cool to sharpen the hook all the way around into a sort of hooked axe head, place the chain at the end of a pole, and then add a lockable pipe to lock and unlock the chain and head in place.
Have a convertible Pole Axe/Flail.

But I imagine that would take time.
>>
No. 996474 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161857870731.png - (339.92KB , 1500x1050 , Hook Chain.png )
996474

>Ask Dell to make a speed holster for the pistol
There'd be no real difference between my belt and a holster. Still, I ask anyway.
RITA: Think you can make a speed holster for this pistol?
DELL: I could use some leather to make a regular holster. I don't really know what a speed holster is.

(HOLSTER = 25 Leather)

>Ask Dell if he can fashion the gun stock club into a good handle for the hook chain to make an actual reasonable weapon.
I hand the two to Dell and he quickly cobbles them together into a functioning Hook Flail. A better, much sturdier, grip makes using the thing easier.

Hook Flail = 7 Dmg, One Hand, Weapon Trait: Thresher Spin

([THRESHER SPIN]: This trait is gained by skipping your attack phase to spin your flail; While active [THRESHER SPIN] passively adds to your defense and causes your next attack to inflict [BLEEDING]. Taking damage or gaining a negative status interrupts [THRESHER SPIN])

>I'm a little worried it'll interfere with our using it with the [BRAWLER+] trait
Being a [BRAWLER] Just means I work well when I'm fighting in melee, whether it's with my fists, a spear, or a flail. The only time it doesn't really apply is with firearms or ranged weapons. Thrown objects work just fine though, you end up throwing a lot of beer bottles in a bar brawl.
>>
No. 996475 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161857871541.png - (305.74KB , 1500x1050 , Sleepy Time.png )
996475

>Congratulate Dell. Just a little bit. He deserves it
RITA: Dell.
DELL: Yeah?
RITA: You're more useful than I thought you'd be.
DELL: T-thanks!

>Sleep
I realize that now that I'm pretty sure Dell won't try to murder me in my sleep I can actually rest somewhat peacefully.

>Oh yeah, you and Dell should probably flip a coin or something to decide who gets the sleeping bag. Unless you feel like sharing it?
Or I can just sleep in it, Dell has the metro seat to sleep on. He'll be fine.

I grab my plush, and fall asleep…
>>
No. 996476 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161857871862.png - (237.52KB , 1500x1050 , Good Morning.png )
996476

I managed to get a good sleep last night. I would've liked a pillow though, regardless I'm well rested.

I eat canned pumpkin for breakfast, and Dell has tuna. We're once again low on food.
>>
No. 996483 ID: ce39da

Time to head into the city again. Focus on food this time... and keep the super cursed "restaurant" in mind if your search is otherwise unfruitful. Take the hatchet, hook-flail, and scrap pistol, leaving the rifle stock club and crossbow for Dell to defend himself with. Maybe reverse the ranged weapons if Dell insists on being unable to wield two-handed weapons in any capacity.

Actually, if it doesn't really waste time, check to see if Dell can do something about that hatchet's "rickety" aspect first. Losing our backup/close-range melee weapon after a few swings would suck.

While we're out, Dell should see about building that first hut. If he thinks he still needs something to do after that beyond just strumming his guitar, he can see about clearing the land around the car. (All those rocks and shrubs might get in the way at some point.)
>>
No. 996484 ID: 031458

Vast courier networks used to invisibly connect every person in the world with every other. Government agency and private company alike hauled all manner of food, mail, and goods to the doorsteps of every home and business. To serve large cities like this one, it was necessary for these entities to construct large Distribution Centers. Such centers, though obvious, were generally unknown and unthought-of by the general populace, and so very likely may still exist.
A Commercial Grocery Supplier could still holding TONS of food or tradable Alcohol, A Parcel Carrier hub or station will be a treasure trove of all manor of things, and an TV/Internet storefront Depot will have all manor of Scrap, Luxuries, and Trade goods.

Such places will generally be located outside the city core near AIRPORTS, HARBORS, and HIGHWAY INTERSECTIONS.

If you don't know where any of those are though, perhaps you could first find a GAS STATION CONVIENIENCE STORE, and look for a PHONEBOOK and a MAP.
>>
No. 996485 ID: 2aa5f0

I say brake in the crossbow and go hunting. maybe set up some of those traps you talked about to help gather food in the future.
>>
No. 996500 ID: 5f8c94

Finding a MAP would be a great find.
You should focus on food today. Not sure about the "restaurant", but keep it in mind.

Also, you look like a baby when you sleep, you just needed your thumb on your mouth.
>>
No. 996514 ID: 031458

>>996484
Oh yeah, They'd be near TRAIN YARDS too, which are also their own destination.
>>
No. 996546 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161862727291.png - (463.85KB , 1500x1050 , Morning Routine.png )
996546

>Also, you look like a baby when you sleep, you just needed your thumb on your mouth.
Shut the hell up.

>Find a map
Any maps I find are sure to be incorrect, whole chunks of the city are moved and displaced. That radio station was chucked into a new pit made after the fog happened.

>Distribution Centers…Such places will generally be located outside the city core near AIRPORTS, HARBORS, TRAIN YARDS, and HIGHWAY INTERSECTIONS.
I'm sure others have had the same idea, at least one other person I’d wager. Still, might be something worth looking for, that is if the facilities still exist and haven't been wiped by the fog long ago. If they're normally at the outskirts I wouldn't have to worry about going too deep into the city, that is if they haven't been displaced or completely erased.

>Have Dell fix hatchet
I give Dell the hatchet, He screws the axe head on tighter.
DELL: I did what I could, but this things gonna break sooner or later.

>While we're out, Dell should see about building that first hut.
I only have about half the wood Dell needs to make a full hut…

(Wood Needed = 500/ Current Wood = 275)

It seems the most notable places to go right now are the woods or the cannibal house I passed. I still have that Benny's Burgers coupon, don't know how accurate that map on the back will be though. A distribution center of some sort may take time to find but may be good to search for.
>>
No. 996547 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161862727607.png - (111.86KB , 704x767 , Fog Drop.png )
996547

RITA'S INVENTORY(7/30)
-ARMEMENTS (6.3)
-Scrap Pistol (3 Bullets)(5.3)
-Hatchet (.5)
-Hook Chain (.5)

-TOOLS (.2)
-1/2 binocular (.1)
-Lighter (.1)

-AID (.5)
-Bandages (.5)

----

METRO INVENTORY
-ARMEMENTS (7.7)
-Broken Crossbow (3 Bolts)(5.3)
-Arrow(.1)

-RESOURCES
-125x Mechanical Scrap (51.5)
-125x Electronic Scrap (12.5)
-275x Wood (137.5)

-AID (3.1)
-Box of stale crackers(.5)
-Bottle of Whiskey (.5)
-2 Bottles of water (1)

-MISC (8.4)
-5 Cigarettes (.5)
-Monopoly hat necklace (.1)
-Monopoly thimble necklace (.1)
-Monopoly boot necklace (.1)
-Picture(-)
-Guitar (5)
-Key Doll (.1)
-Buzzsaw(.5)
-Knife blade(.1)
-Cracked die (.1)
-Illegible Book (.5)
-2 Empty Tin Cans (.2)
-Benny's Burger's coupon (-)
-Sharpened Pipe(.5)
-Fountain pen(.1)
-Arrayan Plush(.5)
>>
No. 996548 ID: b1b4f3

Let's hit the cannibal house first, eliminate the threat.
>>
No. 996557 ID: 5f8c94

>Shut the hell up.
YOU CAN'T SILENCE TEH TRUTH!

>I did what I could, but this things gonna break sooner or later.
Well shit, how are you going to chop down trees when that happens? Push them? Punch them?... Can you do that? WAIT, if it breaks, what part it breaks? The wood part or the metal part? Because we can fix it easily if is just the wood part.

Ok, today you need food. So you have to to the woods, wich can be good for teh wood thing, or go to the city.
>>
No. 996558 ID: 9c48ac

>>996547
I want to say leave the hatchet with Dell so he can gather a more substantial amount of wood. That does leave us a little low on armaments, though.. maybe Dell can combine the knife blade and pipe into something usable?
Do confirm that Dell can actually use the crossbow, if not there's no point leaving it with him and we might as well take it along.

I'd say looking for a distribution center will be the most worthwhile use of our time. We can always come back to the cannibal house if it's fruitless, I don't imagine that would take much time.
>>
No. 996590 ID: 6f22fe

Distro centers are also great sources of motor vehicles and diesel engines. We'll need Dell should we find one. Will need to figure a way to keep him secure...

Speaking of secure, that mad house is too close for comfort. Let's go give them a visit before they give us one.

>>996558
If Dell made the draw to heavy for himself, it's within his power to make a simple tool that assists in that. Besides that crossbows were originally designed to be easy to use.
>>
No. 996635 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161869847134.png - (245.80KB , 1500x1050 , Through the Rubble.png )
996635

>WAIT, if it breaks, what part it breaks?
Could be the handle, could be the head. I can't see the future.

>Do confirm that Dell can actually use the crossbow
RITA: You can use a crossbow right?
DELL: Uh yeah? I won't be an expert with it, but I can aim the thing and shoot it if I need to.

>Distro centers are also great sources of motor vehicles and diesel engines. We'll need Dell should we find one.
This is assuming they haven't been taken already. Like I said, If I find one I'll check.

>Cannibal house
I head into the city to investigate the bloody building. Expecting confrontation, I leave the wagon and any miscellaneous items that'll weigh me down.
>>
No. 996636 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161869847985.png - (921.27KB , 1500x1050 , The Butchers.png )
996636

The hanging bag of meat's been removed, and a new row of skulls line the sign. As I approach the loud bang of a gun comes from the bloody building. Instead of the delicious smell from before I only smell blood.
>>
No. 996639 ID: b1b4f3

Jeez, they got three more?

Open the door a crack to see in.
>>
No. 996643 ID: 36784c

>>996636
Should we enter the front? Or climb the fence and go through the back?
>>
No. 996644 ID: b1b4f3

>>996643
Good idea.
>>
No. 996645 ID: 5f8c94

This might sound stupid to do, but perhaps knocking and asking if its "open"? Might be bad to just open the door and get shot for getting in unannounced.
>>
No. 996647 ID: 031458

Or, we could climb up that fucked up wall on the building behind this one and drop down in the back yard after verifying it clear
>>
No. 996651 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161871227755.png - (651.86KB , 1500x1050 , Back Alley.png )
996651

>Knock
Absolutely no way am I knocking on the murder house door.

>Climb fence
I jump the fence into the back alley. Rubble fills in the rest of the alley. I can hear talking coming from the back door, it's a quiet feminine voice. I can't make out anything the voice is saying, along with being behind the door it's also being muffled by the gentle sound of piano music coming from what I assume is a radio

The foul smell of rotten flesh is stronger in the ally. A lot of it coming from the dumpster.
>>
No. 996652 ID: b1b4f3

>>996651
Consider climbing up then through the fire escape to enter the building on the second floor.
>>
No. 996658 ID: 36784c

>>996651
From the looks of that chalk drawing, it seems like a family lives here. And if that’s an accurate drawing, it looks like it’s a family of mutants. Hopefully whoever drew this is an adult and not an actual child.

Is there anything besides chalk in that box of chalk? Is there something useful under the dumpster over there?
>>
No. 996668 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161872802220.png - (683.35KB , 1500x1050 , Junk.png )
996668

>From the looks of that chalk drawing, it seems like a family lives here. And if that’s an accurate drawing, it looks like it’s a family of mutants.
The chalk writing's actually legible, meaning if these are mutants they aren't full fledged mindless ones, probably just humans with minor mutations. Except for what I assume is the son there, looks massive.

>Is there anything besides chalk in that box of chalk?
No, just chalk stubs. I take it any way.

>Is there something useful under the dumpster over there?
Inside the dumpster is mounds of discarded organs. Underneath it is a broken alarm clock and a shattered snow globe, I take them just in case.
>>
No. 996669 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161872802881.png - (801.20KB , 1500x1050 , Upstairs.png )
996669

>Consider climbing up then through the fire escape to enter the building on the second floor.
Considered. I climb atop the rubble and onto the fire escape. The upstairs looks to be a seemingly normal apartment…Well save for the half eaten corpse hanging from a hook back there. On the bright side it seems I've climbed right into where the kitchen is.

The noise from downstairs is still audible, but quieter up here. Which makes it easier to hear the sound of loud snoring coming from down the hall.

The doorway to my right has a set of stairs that lead downstairs, and the doorway to my left leads into a hallway, the direction of the snoring.
>>
No. 996695 ID: 031458

A fine machete. That's yours now.
Make a mental bet with yourself to see if that fancy tea set survives this.
Ready your pistol. Creep towards the snoring. Be mindful of trip weeks and suspicious rugs.
Everyone in this house that's not you or a hostage dies today. All the better if they're asleep.
>>
No. 996710 ID: 36784c

>>996668
The father has a gun, the mother has a cross, and the son uses throwing knives. Maybe? That chalk drawing could be a hint on what they use as weapons.

>>996669
Take the machete. Sneak towards the snoring. Let’s take one of them out while they’re sleeping.
>>
No. 996711 ID: 47be15

Start talking to the skeleton, maybe he will start talking back at you.
>>
No. 996715 ID: 39cfd9

Machete and sneak assault.
>>
No. 996722 ID: a9af05

>>996669
What's in that book on the table over there?
>>
No. 996744 ID: 5f8c94

Wait wait wait. Could we just... steal stuff, and avoid killing anyone? I mean, i know they are mutants and all, but there really is no need for unnecessary confrontation. Just take what you need and get out. If they are a problem later on, we'll deal with it. We were... YOU were trying to stop with the murder and stuff, right? This is a perfect opportunity to do things differently. I know sneaking is not your best strength, but at leas give it a try. Just take what you need and get out.

Check the cupboards, take the machete, check the fridge, check the purse.
>>
No. 996746 ID: 8a51ec

>>996744
Touché, but these guys are also literally eating people, so wouldn't we be indirectly responsible for a LOT more deaths by letting them continue their business as usual?
>>
No. 996747 ID: 9c1ef3

>>996746
One might argue that if we're really good at stealing things, we might end up disarming them entirely and make it harder for them to do the eaty thing.

But I'm of the opinion of total slaughter here, so eh.
>>
No. 996748 ID: b1b4f3

>>996668
>mounds of discarded organs
Wasteful. Every part of a kill should be used.

>>996669
Acquire cleaver. Check the book on the table, is that just a photo album? I'd kindof like to confirm that these people are killing innocents, and aren't doing something more reasonable like hunting raiders etc.
>>
No. 996828 ID: d93aa7

heads in the fridge. calling it now
>>
No. 996835 ID: 031458

>>996744
The poem means they eat people willingly
The smell means they've been eating fresh, not Corpses
The dumpster means they've been busy, and can afford to be choosey.
To get bodies this fresh they must be hunting them actively, or trapping them and hauling them back alive. With this places proximity to our own, we can't risk ignoring this. Without a squad of our own we can't risk diplomacy either.
There may be small but real chance that they are decent folk with a deviant diet, but the chance that they are a threat poses too great a risk to us.

Naked brutality is far and away the best option here. Rifle through their things and reminisce on a kinder world later.
There's a job to do.
>>
No. 996843 ID: 094652

>>996744
I'm all for non-lethal tactics or outright retreat if the party has a distinct advantage over the opposition. Rita does not. These three are threats; we are sufficiently confident (based on current and obvious evidence of a half-corpse on a butcher's hook inside a kitchen, in opposition to the typical mainstream culture of their professed religion) that they have killed and eaten others before, and that they will curbstomp Rita and cook her alive if they are given the opportunity. Most importantly, killing them is the most rational option; she does not have the resources and skills to capture them or negotiate, and if we simply retreat and leave them alone for a long period of time, there is a high chance they will hunt down civilians in their spare time. The best means we have of protecting the most civilians is to, by lethal or non-lethal means, stop these mother@#$%ing cannibals right now.

Start by gaslighting. Find a flimsy knife in the drawer and replace the machete. Rearrange the corpse into a pieta stance. Turn the cross upside down.

Sneak past and look for traps, then stealth kill whoever is sleeping (or knock them out and take them hostage if they aren't that physically strong).

Alternatively, retreat, notify anyone you can find, and come back to ambush them while they're hunting.
>>
No. 996846 ID: 5f8c94

Well, it was woth a try. If there is indeed no other option...

>>996843
I am not sure i understand what you mean by "gaslighting", as in, i don't know what it means in this context?

I agree that Rita should retreat if things don't look good enough to do this on her own. But she needs to check things frist.
>>
No. 996848 ID: 9c1ef3

>>996846
What kome is suggesting here is to fuck about with their things in a way that will mentally destabilize them. They don't know we are here, therefore, coming into a knife half the size of the one they KNOW they left in the cutting board, an upside down cross, etc...

Which would be fun, if these people weren't clearly ALREADY unhinged. Not worth it. It's time to turn the tables here, make them the victims of this horror show.
>>
No. 996850 ID: 031458

>>996843
Bro Rita's not a ninja.

We can be sneaky and try to avoid traps sure, but stealth killing is hard. Especially if it's the daughter who's asleep.

Shoot the sleeper with the gun execution style, double tap if its a mutant, and save the last bullet for the first poor sod who runs in to see what happened.
>>
No. 996862 ID: 5f8c94

>>996848
If thet is what he means, that would overcomplicate things. Rita is good at fighting, not seaking. If she has to act, has to do it now, fast and hard.
>>
No. 996863 ID: 36784c

>>996862
>Rita is good at fighting, not seaking.
Yes she is. Remember how she managed to sneak up on the mutant in the radio station? She is very good at sneaking.
>>
No. 996864 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161880947854.png - (664.96KB , 1500x1050 , Heads in the Fridge.png )
996864

>Heads in the fridge. calling it now
That's a pretty out there bet isn't it? I mean it could be a nice thanksgiving dinner or a pot of spaghetti leftovers from last night, or even just miscellaneous vegetables.

But of course when I open the fridge it's heads, three to be exact. God that's cliché, cannibals are always so predictable.

Aside from the heads I also find two bottles of unopened cold beer. I take both bottles.

>Wait wait wait. Could we just... steal stuff, and avoid killing anyone? I mean, i know they are mutants and all, but there really is no need for unnecessary confrontation.
Well first off I'm not 100% sure everyone here's a mutant, this place looks upkept a little too well to be inhabited just by mindless mutants. Second, should killing prove to be more trouble than it's worth maybe but I'm not going to cry over cannibals

>YOU were trying to stop with the murder and stuff, right?
I meant murdering decent folk, I meant no more raiding small settlements full of farmers and harmless people and taking their shit kind of murder or killing some shmuck I crossed paths with for a new pair of boots. From the looks of it these cannibals hardly fit the bill of decent people.

>The poem means they eat people willingly
>The smell means they've been eating fresh, not Corpses
>The dumpster means they've been busy, and can afford to be choosey.
>To get bodies this fresh they must be hunting them actively, or trapping them and hauling them back alive. With this places proximity to our own, we can't risk ignoring this. Without a squad of our own we can't risk diplomacy either.
>There may be small but real chance that they are decent folk with a deviant diet, but the chance that they are a threat poses too great a risk to us.
All seem like good enough reasons to suspect these people aren't just a normal innocent family. as if the meat bag hanging outside wasn't enough.
>>
No. 996865 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161880949016.png - (861.64KB , 1500x1050 , A Funny Waste of Time.png )
996865

>A fine machete. That's yours now.
>Acquire cleaver.
It looks like a bowie knife, not a cleaver or machete. Still, it's mine now.

>Check cupboards
Burlap bags filled with beef jerky, dry sausage, and other shelf stable meat stuffs, looks homemade. I'd have to be dumb to not realize these are all human flesh, but I do see an unopened bag of name brand jerky and a canned ham. Those should be good to eat, I take them.

There are two books in one of the cupboard, one on proper butchering, and one on trap making, I take both.

>Read book
It's a binder full of book clippings. Actually, on closer inspection it's just the same excerpt from different bibles over and over again

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

It's 50 pages of that verse repeated over and over.

>Start by gaslighting. Find a flimsy knife in the drawer and replace the machete. Rearrange the corpse into a pieta stance. Turn the cross upside down.
This is dumb, but honestly the thought of them freaking out because of it's funny. Just for once I indulge a dumb idea. I even use some spare blood to draw pentagram on the ground. I get a small chuckle out of the vandalism.
>>
No. 996866 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161880951164.png - (660.16KB , 1500x1050 , Child's Room.png )
996866

>Sneak down the hallway towards the snoring
There's a caved in room before the room the snoring is coming from and a master bedroom after it. I ignore both for now and head for the snoring.

I sneak into the room and find the source of the snoring, a massive mutated human sleeps on top of a crushed bed. It wears a bag over it's head and an oozing burn mark covers the right side of it's back and shoulder. The mutant's hide is thick and covered in scars and slash marks, I can even see what look like bullet wounds that didn't pierce it. At the back of the room I can see a sort of makeshift looking floor safe.

>Shoot the sleeper with the gun execution style, double tap if its a mutant, and save the last bullet for the first poor sod who runs in to see what happened.
Two bullets to this thing's skull might put it down, but it looks like there's three people in this family, and that leaves one I'd have to deal with without a gun, and hopefully that last one isn't the rifle toting dad.

>Stealth kill whoever is sleeping
I don't know if any weapons I have will pierce this things skin besides my gun, it might hurt it but not as much as it could. Still it'd be a lot less conspicuous than the gun.

As I'm thinking, I notice the sound of ragged wheezing coming from the floor safe along with the sound of shifting weight.
>>
No. 996870 ID: 094652

>How to kill
Tie the hook to the doorknob, set the hook tip underneath the neck, and light the big boy's mask on fire. Watch the carnage and attack the burn marks exclusively.

>Okay but seriously what do I do
Spread some junk on the floor so the big lug steps on them when he wakes up, notifying you and pushing the parents to believe those weird noises coming from the basement are just Junior screwing up the torture process.
Grab the lockbox and check the basement.
>>
No. 996882 ID: 9c48ac

>>996866
I feel like we should take care of this one before we move on, I expect she'll be the biggest threat of all of them so I'm not too concerned about using up our bullets... It would be really nice if we could do it stealthily, though. Don't suppose you could slit her throat with that big knife?

Still, barring any other workable ideas, I'd say shoot her brains out before leaving the room. We do not want to fight her fair.
>>
No. 996883 ID: b1b4f3

>>996866
Ugh, this is going to be a pain in the ass.
Go quietly open the safe. Make sure whoever's down there stays quiet while you get them out. They can help you take out the family, maybe.

Don't step on that trash on the floor.

I think our plan is this: go downstairs and try to do silent takedowns on the smaller members of the family, then use the dad's rifle to take down this big one. Rifle rounds have penetration.
>>
No. 996885 ID: 4f609c

>it looks like there's three people in this family,
Oh we didn't say it would be EASY did we?
I vote double tap to the brain pan
>>
No. 996900 ID: 39cfd9

>>996883
If someone is still alive, i doubt is going to be healty enought to be of help.

I would kill the mutant with the gun right now. Extrangulate him with the chain looks posible, but is risky and can be slow to do. If we are not fast, the others can come. Maybe blocking the door of the kitchen?
>>
No. 996907 ID: 9c1ef3

>>996866
You're in a series of small rooms. Mom has a big melee weapon, I'll bet (big ass cross, probly) and Daddy has a rifle. Longarms are not super great in close quarters. One shot for one of the rents and melee for the other is much more doable than melee for Junior and shootout with Pops while dealing with Mom.

Yes. It's a pain in the ass. But elimination of one threat is worth more than possible options against all three.
>>
No. 996908 ID: 9c1ef3

>>996900
well, if we kill the big boy, there's our barricade.
>>
No. 996925 ID: 36784c

>>996866
>tough skin
Shit. This guy’s gonna be hard to kill.

Do you think you can quietly take that box on the table over there?

>>996883
>I think our plan is this: go downstairs and try to do silent takedowns on the smaller members of the family, then use the dad's rifle to take down this big one. Rifle rounds have penetration.
Yeah, we might need the father’s rifle to take down this big guy. Hopefully it’s in the master bedroom and the father isn’t there.
>>
No. 996931 ID: 5f8c94

Hmm. perhaps dealing with the less monstrous mutants might be more of an easy fight than this... child... thing. We can take out the other two more quietly without using bullets and save those for this one.
>>
No. 996935 ID: 933c00

>>996866
Let's back off for now. I really want to take out the father while we still have the element of surprise.
>>
No. 996975 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161889005663.png - (1.02MB , 1500x1050 , Chalk Box.png )
996975

>Grab the lock box
The box is chained to the dresser, I could probably break it off after I deal with all of this. It's locked anyway, I need a three digit code to open the thing.
>>
No. 996976 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161889012017.png - (644.06KB , 1500x1050 , Hostage.png )
996976

>Go quietly open the safe. Make sure whoever's down there stays quiet while you get them out. They can help you take out the family, maybe.
>Don't step on that trash on the floor.
I make sure to step around the chunks of splintered bed post and the broken lighter on the ground.

The floor safe hatch doesn't budge.
RITA: Hey! Who's in there?
???: Wait you're…You're not one of them. Can you get me out of here?
RITA: The hatch is locked, do you know where the key is?
???: The ogre has it around his wrist, and the guy with a shotgun has a spare too
RITA: Okay, is there anything you can tell me about the "family"? Anything that can help us both?
???: The shotgun guy's got a snap shot with that fuckin' gun, d-don't try to run from him when he's got it loaded or when he can see you, and that lady can scream your goddamn ear's off. Not to mention fatty can take a fucking bullet, I shot him twice in the chest and it did nothing! Ain't nothin about any of these people normal...Ain't nothin bout anything normal anymore...
>>
No. 996977 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161889015454.png - (1.35MB , 1500x1060 , Sneak Downstairs.png )
996977

>Sneak downstairs/ Find the dad's shotgun
I silently exit the room and head down the stairs back to the first floor.

I'm careful with applying my weight to the steps to avoid any creaking. The last step on the flight of stairs however gives a loud screech despite my best efforts to stay silent. I can hear a response from around the corner.

"MAMA": Dear is that you? I told you lunch won't be ready for another few minutes. I swear it's bad enough your father's snacking, I don't need you trying to steal bites before anything's ready. Now back up stairs! you're supposed to be keeping an eye on dinner anyway.

I can hear a blade cutting through meat and bone.
>>
No. 996979 ID: b1b4f3

>>996977
Step on the screechy step again, as if you're going back upstairs.
Then we should try to find the father. Do you have anything to plug your ears with? Gonna need to plug your ears soon, cuz the wife is gonna scream at you. If you can nullify that, you can get a free hit in.

...if there's no doors on the left where you are now and she's in the way of further exploration, then see if you can sneak up behind her after making noise on the stairs. Stab her in the head to take her out silently, and we'll just have to deal with the father.

Hmm, you could try closing your eye to get adjusted to darkness then breaking the lantern. That'll give you an advantage.
>>
No. 996983 ID: 094652

Dim the lantern and take it with you. When she goes to investigate, sneak around the side. Then whisper "This is my body, it is burnt for you. This is my blood, it is dried for you. This is my breath. Not yours. You. have. none." Then burn her cross.
>>
No. 996995 ID: 5f8c94

I am tempted to look for the father... Knowing where everyone is will help us prepare for a plan better.
>>
No. 996998 ID: b1b4f3

Oh instead of trying a skull stab to do a oneshot attempt which narratively isn't likely to work, you could stab her in the throat so she can't scream. That will at least allow us to fight for longer without alerting the other family members.
>>
No. 997025 ID: 39cfd9

Could the code of the box be 653? The passage of the bible they seems to love so much (6:53). Maybe there is some sort of weapon.
>>
No. 997026 ID: 031458

>>997025
That's a good idea, but if we go back up, coming back down will surely draw the attention of the mother. We'll either have to deal with the daughter first, or climb back down outside, kick in the back door, and empty our clip on whoever's there.

Is that something we want to do?
>>
No. 997032 ID: 36784c

>>996976
>the father has good aim
>the mother can scream really loudly
>the son is hard to kill
Good to know.

>>996977
>the mother
I’m sure her screaming is unnaturally loud. Like, loud enough to burst your eardrums and make you deaf! Or if you’re far enough away, it’ll just daze you.

>Now back up stairs! you're supposed to be keeping an eye on dinner anyway.
Try to make it sound like you’re going back up the stairs by stepping on the noisy step.

Then sneak up behind her and slash her throat with that knife you picked up. That should silence her screaming and prevent her from blowing out your ears!

>>997026
>daughter
There isn’t a daughter, only a mother, a father, and a son.
>>
No. 997052 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161895099126.png - (302.18KB , 1500x1050 , Sneak Attack.png )
997052

>Step on the screechy step again, as if you're going back upstairs.
>Could the code of the box be 653? The passage of the bible they seems to love so much (6:53). Maybe there is some sort of weapon.
I return up the stairs to make it seem like I'm returning and I also try the code quietly, no dice.

>but if we go back up, coming back down will surely draw the attention of the mother.
The problem step is the very bottom one, on the way back down I skip it so she doesn't hear it creak.

>Go for the throat
I creep up behind the mother, knife ready.

"MAMA": ...sniff sniff
"MAMA": That smell...
>>
No. 997053 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161895100317.png - (642.20KB , 1500x1050 , Sneak Attack 2.png )
997053

Before I can grab her she whips around cleaver in hand. I'm already prepared with my knife and slice her throat out before she can scream, all she can manage is a gurgling noise. Her cleaver falls to the ground with a loud clatter and she collapses against the counter.

I can hear something from the next room.
"PAPA": Gayle!? What's goin' on in there!?
>>
No. 997054 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161895101538.png - (475.11KB , 1500x1050 , Sneak Attack 3.png )
997054

The door is flung open.
"PAPA": What the-

Who I can only guess is the father stands in the doorway, pipe shotgun in hand and staring me down through the single eye hole in the paper bag he wears. His fingers already on the trigger of his shotgun which I assume it to be loaded. Time feels like it freezes for a bit.
>>
No. 997056 ID: b1b4f3

>>997054
Use the mother as a shield to block the shotgun blast. It's a pipe shotgun, so single shot.

Then you can engage in melee. Hook's the best weapon you have, you can use that.
>>
No. 997062 ID: 8a51ec

Absolutely use the mother as a shield. Try to plow into him before he can get a shot off though, waking the "kid" up is a death sentence right now.
>>
No. 997064 ID: 9a2966

>>997056
Sound plan. If he holds off on firing to get a better shot, throw something at him to foul his aim. You'll want to finish this fast so you can deal with the biggun'.
>>
No. 997066 ID: 9c1ef3

That doesn't look like a shotgun that can hold more than one shot at a time. Might even be break-action, if we're lucky. Do >>997062 this if you have no time at all. If you have a moment, go ahead and toss that new knife at his center of mass. Not to kill, but to throw off his aim.

THis should position you against the counter. After he fires, your job is to keep that shit UNLOADED. Throw the food at him. If Mom dropped whatever she was working with, throw that. Close the distance if ANYTHING connects. Disarm.

Once that gun goes off we are on a timer before Junior enters the situation. If we can't kill pops before that point, we need to bail.
>>
No. 997067 ID: c18fb4

>>997064
Throwing your knife should do the trick, you can pick up the cleaver the mother dropped.
>>
No. 997068 ID: a9af05

>>997054
Be careful! The mother might not be dead yet!

If you don't have time to grab the mother and use her as a shield, then throw the knife at the father to buy you enough time to grab the mother and get her between you and the father. If you've got time, grab the mother's cleaver at the same time you grab her.

Charge at the father and shove the mother at him. Attack him when he's distracted by the mother's body coming at him.
>>
No. 997071 ID: 031458

My following suggestion assumes that "collapses against the counter" means she has crumpled to the floor, back against the counter.

Lunge at him. Like straight up football tackle style. Throw the knife at his face as you do so even though it'll be out of form and probably won't do any damage. Just a fraction of second extra is all you need. Anything to close this distance and get under his minimum effective range.
>>
No. 997072 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161896367861.png - (821.35KB , 1500x1050 , Body Shield .png )
997072

I grab the wife's corpse and use it as a shield, The blast from the shotgun echoes throughout the building. The snoring upstairs begins to fade. The son's probably used to shotgun blasts going off in the house, it may take him a second to fully realize what's happening but he most likely will come down to investigate.
>>
No. 997074 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161896387815.png - (651.48KB , 1500x1050 , Dad Fight.png )
997074

I shove the dead body at the dad, he stumbles and curses as it collides with him. With the extra time I grab the wife's dropped cleaver and toss it along with the bowie knife I found upstairs. The cleaver breaks in two as it's thrown. I ready my hook flail…

COMBAT
Rita has dealt 9 damage to "PAPA"

"PAPA" is [STAGGERED]

"PAPA" is DEFENDING with his traits [AGILE],[TWITCHY], and [EVASIVE]

Trait [EVASIVE]: When targeted with a melee attack, gains extra defense and moves back up to medium range from attacker.

PAPA'S DEFENSE
---
[AGILE]-[TWITCHY]-[EVASIVE]

RITA'S ATTACK
---
[ENEMY STAGGERED],

-- RITA'S TRAITS --
[STRONG] Has great physical strength
[WEAPONS EXPERT] Knowledgeable in the use of weapons
[BRAWLER+] Has experience in melee scuffles (EXCEED: Deal x2 Damage)
[RESILIENT-] Hard nut to crack (PASSIVE: Ignore first negative trait gained in combat)
[INTIMIDATING] An aura of danger
[WEAPON TRAIT: THRESHER SPIN]: This trait is gained by skipping your attack phase to spin your flail; While active [THRESHER SPIN] passively adds to your defense and causes your next attack to inflict [BLEEDING]. Taking damage or gaining a negative status interrupts [THRESHER SPIN]
>>
No. 997075 ID: b1b4f3

>>997074
Hmm, so that's 4 defense since Evasive gets extra vs melee.

strong, weapons, brawler, staggered is 4. We can match to do 50%, but will have 1 defense afterwards. Not sure what attack Papa can make right now but he probably has some kind of backup weapon... or maybe he's focusing on defense and will try a combat reload this round.

I say Thresher Spin. Focus on defense this round, try to catch him next round with the bleed.
>>
No. 997076 ID: b1b4f3

Wait, does Intimidating work as a combat trait? Is it offensive or defensive?
>>
No. 997078 ID: 031458

Go all out!
He's staggered and wounded, We can exceed for double damage, and we should.

We need to take him down quick before the son gets down here! If we're outnumbered while fighting that beast were screwed!
>>
No. 997079 ID: 8fb3ba

>>997076
[INTIMIDATING] can be used while in combat to either weaken an enemies attack or increase the effectiveness of your own, though not every enemy will be intimidated by you depending on size, equipment, power, health left etc. Attempting to us [INTIMIDATING] on someone and having it not work will make it unusable for the rest of combat. [PERSUASIVE] and [EMPATHETIC] would've had a similar effect but under different circumstances. I was supposed to have something like this written next to the trait, but I guess I never got it down...
>>
No. 997082 ID: c18fb4

Ok, let's not use INTIMIDATING just yet. I think this is time to attack right away, with the hardest thing you have, take a good swing. Hell, you might want to make him fall down if he is STAGGERED. Can she do that? What does STAGGERED does?
>>
No. 997084 ID: 031458

I would say use intimidating along with whatever else we can. We're already doing double damage, might as well maximize it.

No need to defend if he's too dead to attack us.
>>
No. 997092 ID: b1b4f3

>>997079
Ah, in that case we can throw everything out to exceed and do double damage. Pretty sure intimidate will work considering we just threw his wife at him and he's not very big.

staggered, strong, weapons expert, brawler, intimidate.
>>
No. 997093 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161897581055.png - (654.13KB , 1500x1050 , Dad Fight 2.png )
997093

>[INTIMIDATING]
RITA'S close proximity to "PAPA" and having just killed "MAMA" makes him targetable for [INTIMIDATING]

PAPA'S DEFENSE
---
[TWITCHY]-[TWITCHY]-[EVASIVE]-[EVADING]

RITA'S ATTACK
---
[ENEMY STAGGERED]-[INTIMIDATING]- [STRONG]-[WEAPON EXPERT]-[BRAWLER+]

RITA swings her hook flail, it slashes PAPA dealing 14 damage! "PAPA" groans in pain and nearly doubles over, but forces himself to continue fighting.
>>
No. 997094 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161897583365.png - (749.83KB , 1500x1050 , Dad Fight 3.png )
997094

"PAPA'S" Trait [EVASIVE] activates. "PAPA" retreats and ducks behind the shop counter. PAPA is [COVERED]

"PAPA" is RELOADING his gun.

"PAPA" is ATTACKING with his traits [HUNTER] and [VITAL SHOT+]

"PAPA" is no longer [STAGGERED]

Trait [VITAL SHOT]: On Exceed deal CRITICAL DAMAGE (CRITICAL DAMAGE requires rest or serious medical care]

PAPA'S ATTACK
---
[HUNTER], [VITAL SHOT]

RITA'S DEFENSE
---
[ENEMY RELOADING]
>>
No. 997095 ID: 9c48ac

>>997094
Well... that looks bad.
Can we maybe get under cover ourself?
>>
No. 997096 ID: 031458

Push forward and get ready to Dive out of the way of the coming shot. I don't expect us to be able to dodge bullets though, so it's a good thing we're RESILIENT
It'll take more than a grazing shot to take us down.
>>
No. 997098 ID: c18fb4

Ok, we a dealing good damage, he shouldn't have that much left in him. But now he has the advantage. We need to take another course of action, a direct attack will only make yourself a easy target. Is there anything in the room you can use as a shield or something? How about the fridge's door? Could you rip that out of the hinges?
Or perhaps use your vape with MOM's body as a dummy, throw it through the door? Perhaps put your mas in it as well?
>>
No. 997099 ID: b1b4f3

>>997094
We've got Resilient to defend with. That's half damage by matching the number of traits.

I'm curious if we can move to the side of the doorway to get cover too.
>>
No. 997104 ID: 36784c

>>997094
That Vital Shot is dangerous! But as long as he doesn’t get an Exceed, we don’t have to worry about it’s effects. So as long as we can match him, it’s only going to do normal damage.

I hope we can match him, because with the big guy upstairs, we can’t afford taking Critical Damage, since there’s no way for us to rest or get serious medical care to fix it!
>>
No. 997105 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161898212539.png - (574.11KB , 1500x1050 , Take Cover!.png )
997105

PAPA'S ATTACK
---
[HUNTER]-[VITAL SHOT]

RITA'S DEFENSE
---
[ENEMY RELOADING]-[RESILIENT]

RITA ducks to the side of the doorway to get extra cover. PAPA still fires through the wall, the shot's less accurate but it still grazes RITA'S arm! The damage is softened more by the cover.

[RITA HP: 30 ==> 25)
>>
No. 997106 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161898214604.png - (794.66KB , 1500x1050 , Get The Hell Over Here.png )
997106

RITA charges forward after the shot goes out. PAPA try's to flee out of the shop, but RITA catches up before he can…
>>
No. 997107 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161898217607.png - (908.50KB , 1500x1050 , Victory.png )
997107

--VICTORY--
>>
No. 997108 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161898218656.png - (779.93KB , 1500x1050 , Mine.png )
997108

After I'm finished turning the gunner's brains into mush I have just enough time to catch my breath before I notice the heavy footsteps moving across the upstairs floor.

I don't waste anytime, I grab the pipe shotgun, and rifle through the dad's pockets for ammo, I find a Buckshot shell and a Slug shell. I load the buckshot into the shotgun. The footsteps begin moving faster.
>>
No. 997109 ID: b1b4f3

>>997108
Screw facing that monster head on. Kick the door to make it sound like you ran outside, then hide around the side of the counter.
Get a surprise attack off against the hulk and we might be in good condition to fight him.
>>
No. 997110 ID: c18fb4

That chainhook is turning into a favorite of mine rather quickly. We should get the other one later!, we nned to get ready for the SON. You need to find an ambush point, and have all your weapon ready to discharge on its head.
>>
No. 997111 ID: 031458

Load the slug, Open the front door, look for a trip wire in the door frame, and then post up behind the counter facing the stairs with rifle shit the son when he comes down.
When the door framing the shot even you won't miss.
Load the buckshot while moving outside and repeat.
>>
No. 997113 ID: 454ad5

>>997109
Exactly what I was going to suggest. I'm a little worried of guiding him between the exit and us, but we always can go upstairs.
>>
No. 997115 ID: 9c1ef3

>>997108
Load the slug. This thing has thickass skin, buck might just bounce right off. Ideally we'll nail him with the slug enough to slow him down, and then hopefully take him out at range or perhaps melee him in such a way as to avoid damage (such as hooking hhim in the eye, shooting him with the pistol at point blank in the same, Or possibly leading him on a merry chase as he bleeds out.


As a secondary thought, once the location is secured (if we get it secured) can't we unhook the body hanging in the kitchen and get ourselves a second hook?
>>
No. 997129 ID: 36784c

>>997108
There’s a bell above the shop door. You’ll need to ring it to make it sound like you went outside.
>>
No. 997165 ID: 094652

You have to be quick about this. Rotate the two crosses and smear blood across the frame of the door. Then grab the mother's corpse and sit it on top of the father's face. Lastly, blood paint your mask with a crown of thorns and a cross.

Begin chanting an exorcism. When the son sees what you've done, explain to him that a fog demon managed to get into his home. His parents prayed/donated to have an exorcist purge their domain; while you partially purified the house of heresy, the fog demon magically moved the crosses, the painting shifted for a short while, and the mother and father started shaking. Then they moved in Fast-Forward and conducted acts of vulgarity as blood flowed from their necks and spilled over the painting. The act was so obscene that a giant sickly blue spirit burst forth, strong enough for your weak spirit eye to see, and it led a trail out. But you were just finishing up a prayer for the Mother and Father so the sin they were not in control of will not be judged against them by Saint Peter. You apologize for using their blood to draw holy sigils but you're not possessed so their holy blood helped protect you and you're thankful for that.

You're a woman of the cloth but you beg The Son to forgive you, for you seek vengeance against the demon who possessed the boy's parents and made them do the icky while bleeding out. He will not stand in the way of the Holy Hunt - and since you will need much ammunition passed over for said hunt, in these trying times no less, you're not giving him a refund.
>>
No. 997169 ID: 9c48ac

Like people have said: load the slug rather than the buckshot, make it look like you've gone outside, then hide behind the front part of the counter and take a surprise shot when he turns to go around the main part.
>>
No. 997173 ID: a9af05

>>997169
>he turns to go around the main part.
I doubt he's going to go around it.

He'll be in a hurry to catch whoever killed his parents, so odds are he's going to crash through that part of the counter because it'll be faster than going around.

If we're hiding behind the main part and he goes through it, we're going to get crushed!
>>
No. 997174 ID: 031458

I don't think looking like were outside is the important part, I really just want the door to be opened or at least confirmed not locked so we don't get cornered.
>>
No. 997260 ID: 9c48ac

>>997173
Damn, I knew I phrased that badly. I meant we hide behind the part that's in front with our current camera view (so i guess the side part). Still totally works if he busts or leaps the counter that way, though we won't be as firmly behind him as if he turns.
>>
No. 997271 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161909342145.png - (596.54KB , 1500x1060 , Busting Through.png )
997271

>Open front door
I kick the front door open real quick, the bell rings and the door isn't locked.

>Load slug not shot
Right, I was only thinking about the close quarters and not the thick skin of the mutant. I quickly swap the shot with the slug.

Tip: (Pipe Shotgun = 14 Dmg, Two Hands, Reload 2)

>Hide
I hide around the side of the counter and wait. It doesn't take long for the big guy to come down. Instead of ducking through the doorway the fucking mutant smashes through it and takes the wall and door off with it. He's growling and his breath is heavy, he doesn't notice me yet…
>>
No. 997272 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161909344159.png - (1.17MB , 1500x1060 , Headshot.png )
997272

I fire the slug into the side of his head. Of course he doesn't go down, it's never that easy.

The son screams in pain before turning towards me
SON: HEATHEEEN! I KILL YOU
>>
No. 997273 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161909344534.png - (815.30KB , 1500x1050 , Counter Smashing.png )
997273

He swings at me, mostly hitting the counter top but sending debris flying. I rush out of the way and put my back to the front door. The son smashes through the counter to get to me.
SON: MURDERER! HEATHEN! HERETICS LIKE YOU-

His curses turn more and more into incoherent screams of rage.
SON: I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!
>>
No. 997274 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161909348968.png - (768.50KB , 1500x1050 , Son Fight.png )
997274

COMBAT
RITA opens combat with a stealth attack, The shotgun slug rips through the SON'S [THICK HIDE] but is stopped short of completely blowing his brains out by his thick skull instead. (28 damage)

Strands of saliva and drops of blood drop out from SON's paper bag mask. He's preparing to attack with his traits

[BRAWNY x3] and [CONCUSSIVE BLOWS +]

([CONCUSSIVE BLOWS+]: [DAZE] on exceed ([DAZE]: Attacks are harder to land until the end of your next defense phase.)
>>
No. 997279 ID: 9c1ef3

>>997274
How much you want to bet his fucked-up shoulder indicates the stronger arm? Stick to his weaker side and strike for attacks of opportunity, preferably on the armpit, the inside of the elbow, or the back of the knee.

If we can slip behind him, we should consider spinning up and doing the good old tactic of leading him to run into walls so we can bleed him out.

Prodigious size, inordinate exsanguination, huge guts, etc
>>
No. 997280 ID: ce39da

Surprise attacks don't use aspects, right? [RESILIENT-], [STRONG], and [BRAWLER+]... won't be enough to avoid the exceed. This is gonna hurt unless we can justify [WEAPONS EXPERT] or [INTIMIDATING]... (Let's try for the former, anyway.)
>>
No. 997281 ID: c18fb4

I don't think intimidating is going to work on him, at least not yet. He must be too pissed to get scared. If we keep doing damage to him he will get scared to face the same fate his parents faced.

I think we need to play on the fact that he is angry. Taunt him, make him sloppy, dodge and then attack.
>>
No. 997286 ID: 9c1ef3

>>997281
Agreed. Let's get him to totally wreck the place - your hook might not kill him, but tons and tons of drywall, wood, and metal might do the trick, once he brings it down around his ears.
>>
No. 997287 ID: c18fb4

>>997286
Um. we could do that, if we want to let the guy in the cellar to die crushed or trapped by the debris, and miss on anything else that we could loote on the building.
>>
No. 997288 ID: bacdec

Let's fucking DANCE.
Don't attack. Drop the pipe gun entirely and start swinging our chain hook.
FULL DEFENSE
>>
No. 997289 ID: b1b4f3

>>997274
We get traits back after defending, normally. So just throw everything out to defend.

STRONG+RESILIENT+WEAPONS+BRAWLER will be enough to match and halve damage. We can't thresher spin since we have to drop the attack phase to do that.
We do want to switch to the hookchain, of course. If the most he can attack us with is 4 offense, we can exceed that by full defense on one turn with thresher spin, then attack next turn to make him bleed.
>>
No. 997292 ID: 094652

Retreat, reload, shoot him again.
Remember, you gave him brain damage with a shotgun slug, he will not outsmart you.
>>
No. 997320 ID: 454ad5

>>997280
Well, maybe [Brawler] can justified. [Brawler] is described as practice fighting in brawls and [BRAWNY x3] I understand is only brute force without actually coordination or precision.

Skill and some force usually can overcome brute force without skill (at least in martial arts).
>>
No. 997327 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161914063345.png - (895.95KB , 1500x1050 , Punched.png )
997327

RITA defends with everything she's got.
--SON'S ATTACK--
[BRAWNY]-[BRAWNY]-[BRAWNY]-[CONCUSSIVE BLOWS+]

--RITA'S DEFENSE--
[STRONG]-[BRAWLER+]-[WEAPONS EXPERT]-[RESILIENT]

The SON slams his fist down onto RITA.
(RITA's HEALTH: 25 ==> 18)

>Taunt him, make him sloppy
RITA: Is that all you got tiny? I guess being a giant bitch runs in the family.
SON: SHUT YOUR MOUTH HEATHEN! I'M GOING TO CHEW ON YOUR GUTS!

The SON is [ENRAGED] (Attacks deal more damage but are much harder to land)

The SON defends with his trait [THICK HIDE-]
[THICK HIDE-]: (PASSIVE) Damage from small arms and melee weapons are halved.

> Stick to his weaker side and strike for attacks of opportunity
RITA focuses on the burn mark on the SON's left arm, still raw and oozing puss.
RITA: (The burn marks on his left arm probably make a good target. In fact, it looks like the burns are taking longer for him to heal than a slug to his head.)
RITA: (Aiming for a smaller target may be harder though.)

--SON'S DEFENSE--
[THICK HIDE-]-[TARGETING WEAKSPOT]

--RITA'S ATTACK--
>>
No. 997328 ID: 031458

Break out the chain hook an lets start up our THRESHER SPIN.
Defend again.
>>
No. 997332 ID: b1b4f3

>>997327
Let's try the thresher spin strategy. If we can avoid damage altogether while still doing damage, no matter how small, then we will win.

Alternatively, I wonder if we could relocate the fight and grab the lantern to set him on fire? If he's weak to burns...
>>
No. 997335 ID: 9c1ef3

>>997328
Agreed: THresher spin + Weakened flesh to burns = inordinate exsanguinaton.

And yeah, try to amuever him into the lantern, or yourself into a position to huck it at him.
>>
No. 997340 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161915048715.png - (779.38KB , 1500x1050 , THRESHER SPIN.png )
997340

RITA skips her attack to activate [THRESHER SPIN]

The SON prepares to attack with his traits

[BRAWNY x3] and [CONCUSSIVE BLOWS +]

The SON begins to huff and growl, he takes a knee and puts his hand to the ground...

--SON'S ATTACK--
[BRAWNY]-[BRAWNY]-[BRAWNY]-[CONCUSSIVE BLOWS+]

-RITA'S DEFENSE-
[RESILIENT]-[THRESHER SPIN]-[ENRAGED]-[ENRAGED]
>>
No. 997348 ID: b1b4f3

>>997340
Oh he's gonna charge at us.

Anyway, use Brawler and Weapons Expert to exceed his attack and make it miss. We should in theory only need one of the two, but I'm concerned his special action will give him a bonus trait. I'm curious as to if we can keep Strong for our next attack phase...
>>
No. 997350 ID: 36784c

>>997340
If he charges and miss us, he’ll go straight through the door behind us and go outside. That give us more room to maneuver around him, instead of fighting in this cramped room.

>>997348
Yeah, do this.
>>
No. 997365 ID: 031458

Get ready! Here he comes!
Luckily were on full defense.
>>
No. 997366 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161917512983.png - (562.62KB , 1500x1050 , Charged.png )
997366

RITA DEFENDS and manages to dodge the SON'S charge.

the SON ends up knocking the door to the butcher shop off of it's hinges and shaking the entire building. He's fallen down outside.
>>
No. 997367 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161917513460.png - (1.33MB , 1500x1060 , The Lantern.png )
997367

RITA rushes to the kitchen. The lantern hung on the wall still lit. The heavy footsteps audible from outside signal The SON'S recovered from his attack and has re-entered the building.
>>
No. 997368 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161917513856.png - (602.09KB , 1500x1050 , Lantern.png )
997368

The ogre lumbers into the shop kitchen.
SON: YOU'LL SEE NOTHING BUT HELLFIRE AND BRIMSTONE.
RITA: Funny you mention that.
>>
No. 997369 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161917515173.png - (617.08KB , 1500x1050 , Burn.png )
997369

RITA lobs the lantern at the SON (10 Damage). His eyes turn to pinpoints as the flames spread across his skin and clothes, all of his wild thrashing causes him to slam into walls and shake the building even more (10 Damage).

The SON is [BURNING]: (Take 5 damage at the end of each phase until doused)
Trait [FIRE VULNERABILITY]: Thick Hide is nullified while on fire, Takes double damage while on fire.

The SON stumbles back outside still screaming and thrashing while on fire.
RITA: Smells like bacon…

The SON is too busy trying to put out his burning flesh to focus on RITA
>>
No. 997370 ID: 031458

Double tap with the pistol. Give him a third if he doesn't go down. Lets end this.
>>
No. 997373 ID: 8a51ec

Guess that's that. Load that buckshot shell into the shotgun and send him to heaven with the rest of his family, preferably right after you utter "swallow this".
>>
No. 997375 ID: 9c1ef3

Make sure to FINISH HIM. Then we can go save the guy that was locked up, get ourselves a new hook and chain from the room you initially entered from, and scour the place for anything lootable.
>>
No. 997380 ID: c18fb4

Follow him! Use the pistol and fire at him! Do try to aim at the weak spot. If he is flailing too much, just aim at what you can.
>>
No. 997416 ID: 36784c

>>997369
Finish him off with your gun!
>>
No. 997417 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161921524850.png - (1.02MB , 1500x1050 , Burning giant.png )
997417

RITA fires a shot from her scrap pistol and finishes off the SON
RITA: Eat this!

His flailing slowly comes to a stop after the bullet pierces his skull, the SON falls over and burns.
--VICTORY--
>>
No. 997418 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161921525903.png - (493.96KB , 1500x1050 , Keys.png )
997418

I rush over to the ogre's body and take what I can from his body before the fire spreads too much.

I find a key on his body, presumably the key to the hostage's cage. I search the father's body too and find a duplicate key. Each one has a tag on them, the one from the ogre has a caduceus staff on it and the one from the father has a bullet on it.
>>
No. 997419 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161921527351.png - (608.57KB , 1500x1050 , Hostage 2.png )
997419

I return upstairs and back to the hostage cage.

RITA: Hey, I got the keys.
???: Holy shit really? I heard all the gunshots and crashing downstairs and I thought you were done for!
RITA: Which one do I use?
???: Does it matter? It's not like anything will change depending on which key you use like some Schrodinger's cat thing. Just let me out!

For some reason I can't help but focus on this choice...
>Caduceus Key
>Bullet Key
>>
No. 997426 ID: 9c1ef3

>>997419
Is this how we choose what sort of helper we have at base? we need ourselves a doctor more than another gun arm, so Caduceus it is.

Also don't forget the chalk box and the chained hook.
>>
No. 997427 ID: 36784c

>>997419
Use the Caduceus Key.

Don’t forget to open that box over there. If you can’t force it open, you can take your time looking around for clues on what the combination is, now that the family is dead.
>>
No. 997429 ID: 9c1ef3

>>997427
Oh come on, man, its the x:xx of the line they're so obsessed with, what else could it be
>>
No. 997430 ID: 9a2966

Pick Caduceus key. Mutter a solemn mantra.

“Please don’t be a snake oil salesman, please don’t be a snake oil salesman, please do-“
>>
No. 997431 ID: b1b4f3

>>997429
We already tried that combination. 653 doesn't work.
>>
No. 997432 ID: 36784c

>>997429
Already tried that and it didn’t work.
>>
No. 997433 ID: 031458

Did... Did we just leave a burning body in the foyer?
That might end up burning this whole place down.
Welp. Guess we best loot this place fast after letting this guy out.
Lets not bother fucking with the little lock box just yet and instead just take the whole thing. Dell can open it later.

In the Meantime, Caduceus Key.
Oh, and lift your mask before you open the hatch. Even with your ripped up mug, you'll look like a goddamn angel to this guy.
When's the last time you got to feel pretty, ey?
>>
No. 997434 ID: 0fae41

Bullet key. So, do you load it into a gun and shoot the lock, or..?
>>
No. 997435 ID: 36784c

>>997433
>Did...Did we just leave a burning body in the foyer?
No, he ran outside and we killed him out there. He's not in the building.
>>
No. 997451 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161922679182.png - (399.91KB , 1500x1050 , Medic.png )
997451

>Caduceus Key
I use the Caduceus key to unlock the hatch. Once the lock comes off the hostage clambers out of the hole.
???: Oh finally! I'd have been dead meat if you didn't come around. Thank you so much.
RITA: Rita.
CLYDE: Rita, my name's Clyde, Clyde Hickman. Damn now that I get a good look at you, you look like someone who'd fuck up a lot of people. If looks could kill huh?

Clyde chuckles before scanning his surroundings
CLYDE: God, fucking cannibals in a butcher shop huh? So cliché. Oh right! I should repay you. Uh, all my stuff should be somewhere around here. I'll pay you back when we find it.

I take a look at his bandana
RITA: You a doctor or something?
CLYDE: I mean I never got a doctorate so not really. I'd say I'm more of a "combat medic" than anything. I've got the medical knowledge to fix people up and make medicine with the right stuff. Hell I've got some medicine in my satchel, hopefully the bag-heads didn't use them all already.

>Chalk box
I break the chalk box off of the dresser it's chained to. The dresser drawers spill open to reveal a bunch of bits of metal scrap and electronic motherboards along with miscellaneous junk like crayons, scraps of clothing and other things.

(+30 Mechanical Scrap, +25 Electronic Scrap)

>Use 653 on the Chalk box
Already tried, didn't work. There must be some other code somewhere else, Or I'll just have to break this thing open and possibly damage whatever's inside.
>>
No. 997454 ID: b1b4f3

>>997451
Well we've been in all the rooms sadly, but we can properly search them now. Might as well start with the first room you were in.

Then we can confirm the second door in the kitchen leads to the alley and not a small storage room or something.
>>
No. 997457 ID: 031458

Go into the adjacent room fully expecting to see your friendly neighborhood stalker furry nonchalantly using the fine china on the table to make tea.

While your up here, check the oven, the dishwasher, the microwave, the freezer drawer, and the couch cushions.
Examine and take the compact on the dining room table. Does it contain Glasses? Medicine? Tampons? Find out.
Take that sweet ass hook hanging from the ceiling. More Chain!

You got a place to go Clyde?
I got a traincar not far from here with an extra bench to sleep on if you need it, Though I was plannin on buildin' another shack nearby anyway. A Doc is always welcome.
>>
No. 997467 ID: 36784c

>>997451
>If looks could kill huh?
Did he just call you ugly?! Slap him!

Ask Clyde if he’s alone? If he was with any buddies, they ain’t alive anymore. Was there anything in the hole that Clyde came out of or is it empty?

>There must be some other code somewhere else, Or I'll just have to break this thing open and possibly damage whatever's inside.
Well, it was in the big guy’s room and he didn’t exactly look like a smart person, so he probably forgot the code a lot and wrote it down somewhere. Try checking the box to see if he wrote the code on it somewhere. It’d be the easiest way for him to find the code if he forgot it.

Otherwise, let’s head back to the living room and start check all the drawers in there.
>>
No. 997469 ID: 0fae41

Well, as long as it's not limited guesses before it explodes there's no harm in fucking around, only 998 more combos to go. Try 123, he did not seem like a clever man.
>>
No. 997487 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161923984002.png - (648.45KB , 1500x1050 , New Ally.png )
997487

>Did he just call you ugly?! Slap him!
I'm pretty sure he's just saying I'm scary looking. I'm not dumb.

RITA: You alone?
CLYDE: Yeah, last group didn't end well. So I've just been wandering around, looking for somewhere to settle. I heard there was a large settlement in this city, but they're like extreme. You gotta WORK if you want to prove you're good enough to join. Some draconian shit apparently.
CLYDE: Thought I might give that a try if I got desperate, who doesn't want a medic?
RITA: Well…since you're not too desperate yet I'm gonna start trying to get my own enclave going. An ally of mine suggested it.
CLYDE: Really? How many people you got over there so far?
RITA: Not counting me…one.
CLYDE: Hm, well you seem…reasonably sane and you did manage to kill three man eaters…Yeah y'know what the hell I've got nothing else to do. Count me in.

>Was there anything in the hole?
RITA: Was there anything down there?
CLYDE: Nope, and I'm acquainted enough with that hole to know for sure.
>>
No. 997488 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161923985368.png - (805.87KB , 1500x1050 , Loot and Scoot.png )
997488

>Head to the kitchen/living room
We enter the living room. Clyde holds back a gag, probably from the half eaten and flayed corpse I plopped onto the couch.

>Take hook
Done.

>Examine and take the compact on the dining room table
It's a cigar holder. It's got a single cigar inside. I take it.

>Search couch cushions
A shotgun slug fell in-between the cushions. It's mine now.

>Freezer, microwave, oven.
Freezer's full of more cold body parts. Microwave and oven are empty.

>Search drawers
Lots of kitchenware, a propane torch with a refill tank and rags. I ignore the rags but Clyde chimes in…
CLYDE: A little antiseptic and you've got good bandages there. Here, I'll take 'em.

He stuffs them into his pocket.
>>
No. 997489 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161923986774.png - (714.43KB , 1500x1050 , Back Alley___Again.png )
997489

>Confirm the second door in the kitchen leads to the alley and not a small storage room or something.

We head back down the fire escape into the alleyway and peek into the door. Yes, it leads back to the downstairs kitchen.
>>
No. 997500 ID: b1b4f3

>>997489
Oh hey free knives.
Anyway let's raid the downstairs rooms... anything where MOM was working? Anything on her body? You didn't search it, iirc.
>>
No. 997502 ID: 031458

Downstairs prep kitchen cabinets haven't been checked, not has the storefront sales counter, or what's left of it. Double check the bodies, you were in a hurry last time. Check behind And the back of the supper painting downstairs. Two unexplored rooms adjacent to the prep kitchen remain.
>>
No. 997508 ID: 454ad5

Upstairs was a binder, maybe the code is there. Also a new member means searching for something to sleep, look if the bed is still usable.
>>
No. 997510 ID: 9a2966

If you can't figure out the code, can't you just bring the damn thing with you? It's a 3-digit code, it'll only take so long to force it. Something to do back at camp an evening.

Grab throwing knives. Search the rest of the house.

Also, dumpster dive! (prepare for ew)
>>
No. 997535 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161927524440.png - (1.17MB , 1500x1060 , Kitchen Loot.png )
997535

>Free knives
Hell yeah.

>Dumpster dive
I sift through the dumpster just a bit, nothing good. I can hear Clyde gag behind me.

>If you can't figure out the code, can't you just bring the damn thing with you?
I did. I have it right here with me. Didn't you see me rip it off of the dresser before? Speaking of which I'm starting to get full on junk…
RITA: Clyde, can you carry some stuff for me?
CLYDE: Sure.

I pass all of my miscellaneous items over to Clyde and lighten my load a little.

>Downstairs prep kitchen cabinets haven't been checked
>let's raid the downstairs rooms... anything where MOM was working? Anything on her body?
I check the cupboard, Clyde searches the mother's body.
CLYDE: Christ you really let this hag have it didn't you? Good, she kept talking about how I had perfect "stewin' hands"…Eugh.

The cupboards have a Dutch oven, a can of beans, a can of corn, and a jar of pickles. I also find a couple of odd thorny looking flowers.
RITA: Clyde you recognize these things?
CLYDE: Yeah that's misty thistle! Good stuff, you should keep it. I can make good use of that.

Clyde finds a bottle of antipsychotics on the mothers body.
>>
No. 997536 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161927525143.png - (946.42KB , 1500x1050 , Back to the Front to the Back to the Front to the .png )
997536

>Check the storefront sales counter, or what's left of it.
Nothing, if there was anything it's been fucking obliterated…

>Painting
I inspect the painting closer before taking off of the wall.
CLYDE: Yeah I hate that painting too.
RITA: Yeah, but that's not why I'm doing this…
>>
No. 997537 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161927526509.png - (427.38KB , 1500x1050 , Safe.png )
997537

A wall safe is installed behind the painting
CLYDE: Ah! Perceptive for a cyclops
RITA: Watch it.
CLYDE: Okay! okay.

I try the obvious code...6:53. The safe beeps and unlocks.

Inside I find a bottle of red wine, two frag grenades, a box of 2 shotgun slugs and 3 00-buckshot, a jar of what looks like acid and a small piece of mechanical circuitry I can recognize as a robotics motivator.
>>
No. 997539 ID: 9c1ef3

Note: Mom had two eyes, dad had one eye, junior had three.

Maybe that has something to do with the lockbox.
>>
No. 997541 ID: a9af05

>>997537
Did we ever check the master bedroom upstairs? The mother and father might've had something up there.

>>997539
>Number of eyes
That could work. We should try it in the order that's shown on the chalk drawing in the alley: 2, 1, 3.
>>
No. 997547 ID: b1b4f3

Where does the boarded up window in the bedroom lead?
>>
No. 997551 ID: 031458

>Stewin` Hands
Yeah I don't know nothin' about that. I came here to exterminate a threat, and she was the first to go. Didn't get much other than bloody gurgling from her.
If it makes you feel any better, her last moments were spent watching her husband blow open her fucking chest as I used her slackening body as a human shield.

Speakin' of which, the father was in a blood soaked room in back... and we've yet to find the skins.
Check the back room where the father was.
>>
No. 997553 ID: 8a51ec

>a bottle of antipsychotics on the mothers body.
Didn't do her much good evidently. The eye combo idea sounds pretty solid, but if it doesn't work then go back to searching the house.
>>
No. 997555 ID: 7d52b0

>>997539
Is worth a try.
>>
No. 997642 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161932210791.png - (925.58KB , 1500x1050 , Chalk Box Opened.png )
997642

>213 on the locked box
I enter the code in and the lock opens. Inside I find a lot of rocks, underneath which is a handful of twelve small bullets, some dice and a weird looking bobble head.

When I think it's empty I turn over one last rock and find a severed finger wearing an owl signet ring. I take it, finger and all.
>>
No. 997645 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161932223181.png - (346.40KB , 1500x1050 , Holsters.png )
997645

>Did we ever check the master bedroom upstairs? The mother and father might've had something up there.
We head back to the master bedroom and check inside. A large dirty mattress sits in the middle of the room. A closet in the back holds soiled rags and old clothes, but also a holster for a pistol and a strap for a rifle. I attach the strap to my pipe shotgun and the holster to my belt

Tip: Weapon holsters and straps negate the carry weight of weapons, Yeah I know before I said they'd be no different from holding them in your belt but I changed my mind. Most people can carry two holsters on their hips, two on their back, and one strap slung over their shoulder.

>Where does the boarded up window in the bedroom lead?
Back out to the front street.
>>
No. 997646 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161932224384.png - (635.39KB , 1500x1050 , Storage.png )
997646

> The father was in a blood soaked room in back...
No, the father came from the store, and retreated there during our fight. Though there is a backroom we'll check for sure...

In the backroom there's rows of shelves, some holding bags and other items. Clyde walks forward to a satchel on one of the bottom cubby's.
CLYDE: Here's my bag!...They ate my fucking raisins! Come on what kind of cannibal eats raisins? What ever some of my medicine's still here.

Clyde's bag has a scrap revolver with 4 bullets, a pocket knife, a medical hypo, and a bottle of antiseptic mixture.

The two other bags have broken gun parts, bleach, two large bullets, and a large battery.

On the shelf itself there's a some food: A jar of fruit preserves, A jar of peanut butter, Canned bread, and powdered milk. Enough ingredients for an apocalyptic school lunch.

The case on the bottom of the shelf is filled with old communicators. There are 4 inside, one looks to have been crushed…

After we've gathered everything I notice a familiar smell...
RITA: Clyde, now that you have a gun take watch outside.
CLYDE: You gonna be fine on your...Y'know what? Dumb question. Sure, I'm sick of being in this hell house...

Clyde leaves, and I enter the freezer
>>
No. 997648 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161932230409.png - (785.55KB , 1500x1050 , Pearl.png )
997648

RITA: Is this really the kind of place you like hanging out?
PEARL: Maybe, it's real cozy in here. Didn't want to bring your new friend in too?
RITA: My impromptu therapy sessions don't need an audience, and he's not my friend, I don't have friends; Allies maybe but never friends.
PEARL: Hmm, I guess calling someone you just met your friend is going a little too far. I never understood people who could do that.

Pearl begins pouring a cup of tea.
PEARL: So three this time! All alone.
RITA: They were push overs. I'm barely even hurt.

Pearl looks around the empty freezer.
PEARL: You enjoy that killing don't you? I guess when you're good at something you might as well like it too, cracking the skulls of murderers and cannibals. Can you tell me about the one's who didn't deserve it?
>>
No. 997649 ID: 894419

>>997648
There was a wiry man in a suit, and a woman in sundress. I didn't even really know if they had anything I wanted or needed but I killed the man anyway. He kept screaming he'd give me anything I wanted, but I didn't trust him and like I said, I wasn't there for anything in particular. The woman jumped through a 5th story window running away, I never bothered to search her body at ground floor.
>>
No. 997651 ID: b1b4f3

>>997648
The last person you killed who didn't deserve it was an elderly man, you caught him scavenging a food store. You didn't want to share. You were telling him to get lost when he reached for something and you cut him open. He was reaching for a pack of cigs.
>>
No. 997652 ID: c5d2fe

>>997648
One of those preachy types that were proclaiming the rapture and shit. She'd been dogging my steps through an old neighborhood for half a day. Was in a three story house and she was still trying to get me to 'repent' with her. I mean, all things considered she might've had a point, but I wasn't in the mood after all that and kicked her out of the window when I was search an attic. She didn't get up. I didn't care.
>>
No. 997653 ID: 094652

"It's the same as it ever was; we somehow deserve it when we don't deserve it. It should be a contradiction, but you can feel it in your gut.

There was this girl. Unarmed. Dead and half her body didn't know it. Well, the half that wasn't in the jaws of our mascot. A giant dire-wolf, everyone at camp thought he was cute but he'd go after anyone and anything that wasn't us.
She just... looked at me. Nothing else, she just glared, even as the blood was spurting out of her bisected torso, and I just-
*choke*
chopped open her chest and pulled out her organs one by one.
I tortured an already-dead girl just so she'd do something other than stare silently.
And when she didn't I knew I crossed a line.

I walked straight into the fog and didn't look back until I made it past the other side."
>>
No. 997660 ID: 031458

There was a time way back when, when I could call myself lucky... I found myself at a small but well off settlement. A large hydroponics operation once used to grow recreational drugs had been meticulously converted to growing food crops. I was in a bad way and they took me in like one of thier own. Among the folk there, there was a guy... Tobias. Strange. Bombastic. Annoying. Something was off in his head. He could never stop talking.
I tended to stay away from him but he took it as a personal slight. He would constantly talk shit about me and started going off on these rants. One day I just became fed up with it and it became physical. He beat me in the fist fight, but I finished it with a knife. I justified that he was a pest. That he added nothing to the community but an unhinged voice. I did everyone a favor. That's not how they saw it. Apparently it was Tobias that founded that community. He had converted the grow population he had previously worked at before the fall into a community. Annoying as he was, he still worked very hard, and had a way of endearing himself to strangers. He could pull in a diverse group of people around himself who would then start forming a community amongst themselves, around him.
I never saw any of that. I never opened up to him, or the others. That made him suspicious of me. Turns out he was right to be.
I was exiled from that community and from there I wandered. I carried an indignant rage with me from that for a long while... The next place I ended up I didn't bother with pleasantries. Just broke the guys arm, took what I wanted, and tried not to think about how he was going to feed his daughter. I had convinced myself that with the injustice done to me I deserved a break, even at someone else's expense... But I think I really just accepted that I was a "bad guy".
That Started my first real foray into banditry.
>>
No. 997668 ID: 9a2966

>>997648
What, THE KID?

... he just got in the way. Happens sometimes. Just... ran right out there as you were swinging. First time it happened to you, though. And yeah, big whoop, you're not so keen on killing children (unless they've mutated into three-eyed cannibal monstrosities).

Not so keen on taking care of them either, but eh. Kids can be surprisingly hardy and capable. You should know - you practically raised yourself.

Now how in the hell does she know about that? Psychology sessions or not, this is some fucking private shit she's messing with.
>>
No. 997674 ID: ce39da

"There was this guy, tried to steal some of my food while I was sleeping. I won't say he didn't do anything wrong, but he seemed kind of desperate in hindsight. I even found a prewritten apology note on the fucker."

"Last time, when I asked whether you're Taken, you said something like 'in a manner of speaking.' ... Are you a Husk, or maybe some third state you get when someone comes out the other end of being a Husk? Wait, is it some Husk-opposite state of Taken enlightenment bullshit or something? Am I getting warm?"
>>
No. 997677 ID: e13b1d

>>997651
Seconded
>>
No. 997686 ID: 9c1ef3

>You enjoy the killing?

I wouldn't say the cessation of life is the fun part. Rita's never struck me that way. It's the combat, the test, the *fight*, the swinging chain and hurtled spear, the sound of impact, the roar of gunfire, the scent of sweat and blood.

Killing's just the destination, Rita seems to be more about the journey, you know?
>>
No. 997694 ID: 7d52b0

You want to talk about specifics? Or just in general?

The whole idea of starting a settlement was to make a 180 and stop with the senseless killing. If you didn't care about that you wouldn't have bothered with it to begin with. You are not proud of many things i did in the past. And it's too late to star over as if nothing happened. It would be hypocrite of you. So the best thing you could do now is just to try your best to make things better this time. To at least try to take the better choice. This ecounter wasn't just, go in, kill what ever it was that was living here and go for the next raid. This time you took your time, see who you were messing with and take a decision.You could have just took what you needed and leave, but you wouldn't have saved Clyde and probable wouldn't have saved the next poor bastard that ended up in this hell hole. You did Clyde and the rest of the world a service.

Besides, i am seen a pattern here. This is the second time Perl appears after dealing with mutants. These three were more intelligent than the last one, but a threat to humanity non the less. The only one who didn't look like a freak was the father, but he was a canibal either way.

So you tell us, Pearl. Is this a coincidence? Or are we doing this with a purpose? Two times might be coincidence, but a third...
>>
No. 997713 ID: 454ad5

No one really deserves to die. Death is a natural process of fighting, struggling and perising. You don't die because you deserve it or not, you die because you face someone who can and kill you, an unforgibable obstacle or a deadly coincidence. Is the end of the path and there is no coming back.

Even these family of terrible murderers did what they did to live the way the knew. It's important to not make up these actions, there is no good or bad only people, actions and consequences. There are more paths than violence, but violence is a path that sometimes has to be crossed. You must do what you must and if you can avoid it avoid it.
>>
No. 997891 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161949516993.png - (482.28KB , 1500x1050 , Ice Over Bittersweet Nightshade.png )
997891

RITA: That old man scavenging at the food store comes to mind. I wanted what he found, I saw him reach for something and I slashed him up before anything could happen.
PEARL: Probably glad you got a new gun though huh?
RITA: There was no gun, he was just reaching for some cigarettes. Then there was this preacher, followed me around yapping about repentance and the like. She was loud, When I got the chance I shoved her out a window.
PEARL: Having noise means attracting attention, If she didn't know that she was just begging for trouble.
RITA: That's what I told myself, but I also knew there was a better way to get rid of her, or shut her up. I just resorted to killing her when I got sick of her. And she's not all, there are countless other faces I remember; I know the faces but not the names.

Pearl hands me a cup of tea.
RITA: I can't really say I enjoy killing, but I don't hate it either. When I've killed I never gave it any thought. I've killed people without feeling any hatred. Fighting is fun. Everything up to the killing is enjoyable, When I have to work up to it it's almost fun.
PEARL: Is that why you chose to be a marauder?.
RITA: Maybe, I can't remember why I did that. A lot of that just feels like a blur. I know whatever reason I had it was a bad one, I'm sort of glad I forgot.
PEARL: When you choose to forget things you leave parts of yourself behind. As I've said before, it only makes you weaker. I was half sure you wouldn't be able to tell me anything, I'm glad you remembered a couple. Remembering even one is good.
RITA: Good how? I can't do anything about what I did. Dead people don't forgive.
PEARL: Best you can do is be better going forward, let go of the guilt you have since feeling bad won't help you.
>>
No. 997893 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161949520813.png - (425.99KB , 1500x1050 , A LIfe-time of Regrets.png )
997893

RITA: Last time, when I asked whether you're Taken, you said something like 'in a manner of speaking. What was that supposed to mean?
PEARL: What do you mean what does it mean? I mean what I said, don't I always?
RITA: I haven't known you that long but honestly? No, I don't think you do. So, what did you mean by it?
PEARL: It means what it means! I'm sort of Taken. Don't think about it more than you have to, because honestly I can't explain it more than that.
RITA:…
PEARL: Hey, isn't your tea getting cold?

I down the tea
PEARL: Jeez, you're 'sposed to savor moments like these.
RITA: Yeah, I really want to soak in having tea in a cannibal houses meat freezer.
PEARL: These moments are important! Stepping stones in your journey to power. Keep each one embedded in your mind and when the need arises pull them back out and remember what you need to know. Now lets begin!

My head begins to pulse and the world fades…
>>
No. 997894 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161949523525.png - (462.31KB , 1500x1050 , Antlers Rise from His Migrane.png )
997894

RITA'S HEALTH HAS INCREASED! (30 ==> 60)

PICK A TRAIT
[DURIBLE-]: Defensive; You can take a hit (Gain 5 Protection) (PROTECTION: Attacks that deal damage below your protection are ignored. Being dealt damage equal to double your protection lowers it by 1. STATUSES such as [PRONE] or [DEFENSELESS] negate Protection completely until removed. )
[BLOOD THRISTY+]: Offensive/ Defensive; You thrive in combat (Exceed: Heal 10% Health back)
[STRONG BACK-]: Offensive; Heavy lifting is no problem for you (Increase inventory space by 10)
Tip: You can only activate one Exceed effect at a time

PICK A QUIRK (Quirks, like Traits, can have contextual uses outside of combat. Unlike traits they cannot be used to attack or defend though they add passive effects)
[GUN NUT]: Firearms deal 25% more damage,
[MELEE SPECIALIST]: Melee weapons deal 50% more damage. Have a harder time hitting targets from medium range and beyond
[HUMAN SLAYER]: Humans are easier to hit and take 25% more damage from attacks
>>
No. 997898 ID: 094652

Durable Plated armor can be so much fun if you have the offense-defense strategy to back it up.
Melee Specialist - Play up with our strengths.
>>
No. 997901 ID: b1b4f3

>>997894
Wow, health doubled again! That's a fucking lot of health.

I'm voting for Strong Back because it has the potential to let us wield larger weaponry, which is cooler than the other traits.

Gun Nut isn't a great fit for us since like half our traits aren't usable with guns... On the other hand we're usually using guns for sneak attacks due to their high damage and this boosts that even further.
I'm gonna go with Melee Specialist for quirk since my long term goal is to have Rita carrying around some oversized weapon and heavy armor(which will conveniently fit under her cloak), and just smash fools while being unstoppable. Also I don't think we've attacked anything at medium range yet anyway.
>>
No. 997908 ID: 36784c

>>997894
>Pick a Trait
Strong Back would be helpful.

>Pick a Quirk
One For All!

>This isn’t My Hero Academia you idiot
Fiiiine……
I’ll pick Melee Specialist.
>>
No. 997909 ID: 7d52b0

>Stepping stones in your journey to power.
Power is not the final goal. It should NEVER be. You need it to achieve your goals, which is... peace, a quiet place to call "home". Power will help you achieve that, and keep it safe. Remember that.

How does BLOOD THRISTY+ work? I am tempted to gain more damage / defense the more you fight. But it would only work properly if the fights are long. So far they have been short and brutal. Is either that or DURIBLE-.

MELEE SPECIALIST. Let's keep it up close and personal, Rita's perks work better in melee. We shourly find someone better equipped to fight at longe rage. Besides, we can still use guns at point blank.

I see Rita as a hard to kill brawler. I we find someone that has an affinity to fight behind us, we'll be set.
>>
No. 997910 ID: e13b1d

>>997901
Seconded.
>>
No. 997918 ID: 09f511

>>997894

I'd say Bloodthirsty. A source of healing that doesn't draw on our limited healing supplies will be valuable. Strong Back is a strong contender, but likely won't become a major factor until we do extended scav runs.

Melee Specialist for our Quirk. Our bread-and-butter in combat has been melee weapons, with guns being for surprise openings or finishing them off.
>>
No. 997929 ID: 864e49

>>997894
[MELEE SPECIALIST]
[STRONG BACK-]
>>
No. 997932 ID: 454ad5

I also like [MELEE SPECIALIST] because melee weapons are more reliable in a postapocalipsis where every weapon is old or scraped.

For the trait I wouldn't pick strong back, we already have a cart. Even more, being melee focused means we need better survivality than most, so we would need a defensive trait.

I vote for [DURIBLE-] if is rechargable. If not, [BLOOD THRISTY+] is both useful and interesting.
>>
No. 997942 ID: ce39da

It's spelled [DURABLE-] (but yeah, that's what I'm voting for). Honestly, the increased health is worrisome since I can't help but anticipate the fights escalating in power even further.

As for quirks, I think we can unanimously agree that we don't want to fully return to the days of being a [HUMAN SLAYER]. Ultimately, while it doesn't synergize as much with our aspects, [GUN NUT] doesn't have a drawback like [MELEE SPECIALIST] does, and it's clear that we do use guns when we want to deal that serious damage.
>>
No. 997952 ID: 031458

Melee Specialist is just so synergistic, with brawler+, gotta get it.

Strong back is kinda dull, if straight forward.
I worry what kind of effect being blood thirsty would have on Rita outside of combat. Also it's effect cuts down our damage output.
Durable does not, while still granting is a way to extend our engagement length, all while being untroubling to the mind.

Also, aren't you a little too healthy?
Last time I can understand. Sometimes a little change and therapy is all it takes to get out of a funk. But now? This is like peak physical condition. In TWO DAYS! You don't eat enough to maintain a body this tough.
Something's off about her. How'd you know she was there? And what's this about power? She probably wants to use you to kill. Who or what remains unknown.
... Next time you sense her, bring a companion if ones availiable. That way you can determine if she's real, or if the fog is building you into something.... Dangerous.
>>
No. 997953 ID: 611778

If it's still there, take the tea set or dishes or whatever they are from upstairs before you leave
>>
No. 997973 ID: 933c00

>>997894
Durable is interesting, but I don't think 5 protection is going to be very useful at this point unless I'm really misunderstanding how it works. Bloodthirsty does essentially the same job, and it also gives us a fifth offensive trait so we should ne able to exceed pretty reliably.

I'm a little reluctant to pick Melee Specialist because of the downside. My vote goes to Gun Nut. More damage means less ammo wasted and better odds of a one-hit kill. Also, I suspect we'll end up using guns a lot more often now that we actually have ammo.
>>
No. 997975 ID: acecbf

>>997894
I vote for strongback and gun nut. Hipfire big machinegun when? Also, I would like to say to OP that you have great art, fun combat, and fast updates. Really enjoyable stuff QM
>>
No. 997985 ID: a9af05

>>997894
Strong Back and Melee Specialist.

>>997908
>My Hero Academia
I laughed harder than I should have when I saw that.

>>997942
>>997973
>Melee Specialist's downside
It's honestly not that big of a downside from what Rita already has. Because of her missing eye, she already struggles with using guns. The only reason they've been working so far is because we're using them in short range attacks instead of medium range and beyond.
>>
No. 997989 ID: 9a2966

Human Slayer and Blood Thirsty+.

You are what you are: not to be trifled with.
>>
No. 998028 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161957519230.png - (509.79KB , 1500x1050 , Power Tools.png )
998028

Rita gained the trait [STRONG BACK]
Rita gained the quirk [MELEE SPECIALIST]

The world fades back into view, and I'm left standing in the meat locker alone. It's about time that I get the hell out of this mad house. As I'm preparing to leave I notice a tool box left on the shelves. I must've been too distracted to notice it and Clyde forgot to take it. I open the box, there's a small collection of power tools inside, though all of them are in disrepair. I'm sure Dell can make use of these…

>Tea set
The plates? Fine I go back and grab those too.
>>
No. 998029 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161957520974.png - (468.56KB , 1500x1050 , On Our Way Home.png )
998029

I exit the butchers and meet with Clyde, I direct him to where home base is while I stay behind him.
CLYDE: There a reason I'm walking in front of you when you're leading me to you home?
RITA: I don't want my back to you.
CLYDE: What you're worried I'm gonna do something funny? I saw you kill three cannibals I'm not dumb enough to try. Plus I'm not a big enough jack ass to kill someone who's saved me.
RITA: Regardless. I'd prefer having you in view. If I Really didn't trust you I would've taken your gun away.
CLYDE: If you really didn't trust me you would've left me to rot in that cage.
RITA: Yeah, another me would've…I'm guessing you can use that gun well?
CLYDE: Well enough, ignore the fact that I almost got eaten by freaks. I can handle myself just fine.

[CLYDE - HP: 45]
[SMART]: (Offensive/Defensive) Quick witted.
[ANATOMIST+]: (Offensive) A knowledge of anatomy. (Exceed: Cripple one body part of the target)
[MEDICAL EXPERT-] Knowledgeable in the use and creation of medicine (PASSIVE: Medicine and medical items heal 50% more when used by you)
[ONE HANDER-]: (Offensive) A real dominant hand (One handed weapons are much easier to hit with, two handed weapons are much harder to hit with)
[EVASIVE-]: (Defensive) Hard to hit (When targeted with a melee attack, gains extra defense and can reposition anywhere within medium range)

Tip: Clyde is fully willing to follow you into the field and help in fights, that means Clyde can die in combat.
>>
No. 998030 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161957522824.png - (643.84KB , 1500x1050 , Yo.png )
998030

We reach the metro car. I notice that a number of the rocks around have been removed. Dell is double checking the metro car for weaknesses. He hears us approach. When he turns to greet me he jumps when he sees Clyde but calms down when he notices I'm behind him.
DELL: C-Christ! You scared the hell out of me! Uh, Rita?
CLYDE: I'm Clyde. Rita saved me from a bunch of cannibals.
DELL: Oh. Oh! Okay Uh Hi! I'm Dell. It's good to have a new…member? Are you staying?
CLYDE: Looks like it, though I gotta say I was expecting there to be a bit…more here.
DELL: W-well we're working on it. Close to getting another hut up and such. I guess you'll be helping too, right?
CLYDE: Not much of a builder, I'll gather what I can though. I'm your guy if you need medicine though. I can turn all sorts of weird fog plants into meds for us.
DELL: Thank god, now maybe Rita won't have to wrap her wounds with duct tape. Oh Rita! I cleared some of the rocks and put them in storage.

(25 Stone added to Metro inventory)

I enter the metro and drop off the miscellaneous items and food to lighten my load and take a breather
>>
No. 998031 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161957524299.png - (210.55KB , 1500x1050 , Back Home.png )
998031

I think it's noon now. Dell comes into the car to talk to me.
DELL: Are you keen on sharing the car with another person?
RITA: More people was your idea.
DELL: Well yeah! But I wanted to build shelters first so we wouldn't be cramped into this car. With the wood we have I could make a smaller shelter for one or two people. Course then you'd have to get more wood for other huts, but with Clyde to help that should go faster.
DELL: Or we can get right to making a four person hut and getting more people in. Whatever you want to do.
>>
No. 998034 ID: 031458

You are both specialists who need your own workspaces. You'll both get your own large hut built to your own specs. Start building yours now, Dell. Clyde and I will go collect more stone and wood.
>>
No. 998035 ID: b1b4f3

>>998031
Better to have extra space than not enough. That said, it's probably best for security to have small houses instead of large ones... at least until a family moves in. So let's build a two-person hut right now and plan to make a second two-person soon after.

Also, how are food supplies doing? We could get some hunting done now that the crossbow is in play and thus renewable ammo.
>>
No. 998038 ID: 7d52b0

>>998035
Yeah.

>>998035
Yeah yeah.

Unless Dell needs more materials, we can go and hunt more game.
>>
No. 998040 ID: 094652

Important question: Is this subway car going anywhere?
Your best bet is to build close to the subway. Start with add-on patios that won't leave it buckling.

Keep building close to the subway car, just far enough to reduce splash damage and a straight road to push the car in an emergency.

As for actual housing, make a small shelter. Finding survivors won't be a fast and easy process, you need to convince future settlers that your town is worth settling in.
>>
No. 998041 ID: 36784c

>>998031
Show Dell all the power tools and mechanical stuff you picked up. See if he can use any of it for something.
>>
No. 998042 ID: 36784c

>>998041
Also see if Clyde is able to make any medicines with the things you've collected.
>>
No. 998073 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161960173250.png - (495.29KB , 1500x1050 , New Tools.png )
998073

>Important question: Is this subway car going anywhere?
The cars secured, and Dell has taken the time to stabilize the bottom with extra rocks. It's unlikely it'll go anywhere.

RITA: Ideally, you and Clyde will both get your own shacks to live in. Being specialists you'd need the room for tools and such, speaking of which.

I hand Dell the toolbox I found in the butcher shop
DELL: Oh wow…A lot of these are still salvageable! I'll need some scrap to fix it all up. 50 units of mechanical and electric scrap should do it.
RITA: Right now I think we should get started on a two person hut.
DELL: Right, if you want to give one of us our own space I'd suggest Clyde get it. Unless it's for neither of us, in which case the metro's gonna be a little full tonight.

MATERIALS
-155x Mechanical Scrap (15.5)
-150x Electronic Scrap (15)
-275x Wood (137.5)
-25x Stone (25)

DELL: Either way I'll get started…
Dell grabs his tools and starts building outside.
>>
No. 998074 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161960177008.png - (491.53KB , 1500x1050 , Med Talk.png )
998074

>Also see if Clyde is able to make any medicines with the things you've collected.
I approach Clyde.
RITA: You said these plants we got were good for medicine?
CLYDE: Yup! Grind 'em up, Boil the powder in some water, add some alcohol and you got yourself some grade…not quite A, maybe B? Antiseptic. I need three misty thistles and a little alcohol.
RITA: I got whiskey, and some beer from the cannibals.

I show him the bottle of whiskey from the train car
CLYDE: Yes! This looks good for three doses. We'd probably find more thistle in the woods. For now though I'm gonna need that Dutch oven we found to boil stuff. I can collect water from the river by the city.

I give Clyde the Dutch oven.

>Food supplies
I pass around some food to eat. Clyde says he's got no appetite so only me and Dell eat. Dell eats a can of beans, and I eat that bag of jerky…

COMESTIBLES
-2 Bottles of water (1)
-Whiskey (.5)
-2x Beer (1)
-Canned Ham (1)
-Canned Corn (.5)
-Jar of Pickles (.5)
-Jam (.5)
-Peanut Butter (.5)
-Powdered Milk (.5)
-Canned Bread (.5)
>>
No. 998094 ID: 68df2c

Well, we have plenty of food. I guess some kinds of food might go bad? Should go out to get more? Or gather more resources?
>>
No. 998105 ID: 031458

I don't think there's enough wood for an entire shack. We should go collect some. Bring Clyde, he can collect more herbs in the forest while were at it.
>>
No. 998106 ID: 094652

Your highest priority is finding a fresh source of water, untouched by the infected fog. Building a water purifier will help this process.
>>
No. 998149 ID: b1b4f3

Give Clyde the space.

Before we go hunting, or wood chopping, let's make a smoke rack to preserve any fresh meat we get.
>power tools repair will cost some materials
Hmm... we don't really have a way to recharge them just yet do we? There's the hand crank generator but I doubt that's good enough.
I think we're gonna need some car batteries for energy storage and a better generator, like a treadmill or bicycle generator maybe. Might be possible to make one of those with the materials we have now...
>>
No. 998161 ID: 031458

>>998106
That means we get to build a wiiiiiind miiiilll
>>
No. 998194 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161965509550.png - (410.59KB , 1208x1050 , Smoke Rack.png )
998194

>Before we go hunting, or wood chopping, let's make a smoke rack to preserve any fresh meat we get.
With 5 units of wood and some bundles of leaves from the outskirts of the woods, I make a smoke rack.

>Your highest priority is finding a fresh source of water, untouched by the infected fog. Building a water purifier will help this process.
I don't know how easy it is to separate fog from water. I don't know if boiling and filtering it will be good enough.
>>
No. 998195 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161965510951.png - (469.59KB , 1500x1050 , Battery.png )
998195

>Give the space to Clyde
I tell Dell the new hut's for Clyde.
DELL: Alright.

>I think we're gonna need some car batteries for energy storage and a better generator
I've got a car battery already, and I've got a jar full of acid; I know acid's involved in battery making. I hand both of these off to Dell since he'll get more use out of them…
DELL: This battery's still useful, as for the acid I'll need a little more to make a battery with decent charge.
RITA: What about charging them? A manpowered bike would be good enough right?
DELL: Yeah that sounds like it could work. I could make a simple one with more wood and metal, or you could find a bike frame out there, not like those are rare.
DELL: Also some magnets, I've found lodestone pretty easily before.
RITA: Ideally, we'd want a windmill for power, we're not short on wind.
DELL: I was always looking forward to solar power getting more use. No chance for that with the sun blocked out though.

Dell resumes working on the hut. Clyde's returned with the pot full of water to boil.
>>
No. 998196 ID: b1b4f3

>>998195
Feel up to another trip into the city? Heck, a bike would be useful just to get around faster. Though you'd have to stash it where the road ends. So, maybe you should try to find two.
>>
No. 998197 ID: 031458

Don't count out the sun just yet, Dell. We get enough people to make this place into a fort, I might just challenge those mountains. The sun's GOTTA be visible atop one of them, right?

Still think we should go to the forest to get wood first. This hut aint onna get finished with just hopes and dreams.
>>
No. 998198 ID: 68df2c

Is there anything more to do right now? Can we go hunting now? Or should we rest now?
>>
No. 998223 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161966453278.png - (387.59KB , 987x911 , Into the Forest.png )
998223

>Feel up to another trip into the city?
I've been in the city enough. Besides if it's a bike we're after there could just as easily be one in the woods.

>we should go to the forest to get wood first.
>Can we go hunting now?
I grab Clyde and prepare to head into the forest to gather and hunt. I tell Clyde to grab the wagon. Anything I should bring or leave behind before I leave?

RITA'S INVENTORY(26.1/40)
-SLINGS/HOLSTER-
-Pipe Shotgun (5 Shells/ 2 Slugs) (5.7)
-Scrap Pistol (14 Bullets)(3.4)

-ARMEMENTS (2.1)
-Hatchet (.5)
-Hook Flail (1)
-x2 Throwing Knives (.2)
x2 Frag Grenades (.4)

-TOOLS (.2)
-1/2 binocular (.1)
-Lighter (.1)

-AID (.5)
-Bandages (.5)

CLYDE'S INVENTORY(4.6/30)
-ARMEMENTS
-Scrap Revolver (4 Bullets) (2.4)
-Pocket Knife (.5)
-x2 Rifle Bullets (.2)

-AID- (.5)
-Anti-psychotics (.5)
-Med-Hypo (.5)
>>
No. 998226 ID: b1b4f3

Someone should have the crossbow, whoever's a better shot with it.
Leave the scrap pistol with Dell in exchange so he's got something to defend himself with.
>>
No. 998249 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161967167707.png - (111.86KB , 704x767 , Fog Drop.png )
998249

>Someone should have the crossbow, whoever's a better shot with it.
Both I and Clyde are a pretty shitty shot with the Crossbow, though I can make it work from up closer up, so I take it and give Dell the scrap pistol along with the ammo. I also take the hatchet of course.

Me and Clyde enter the woods…
>>
No. 998250 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161967168880.png - (452.97KB , 1178x922 , Gathering.png )
998250

Feels good having someone who can watch my back while I gather stuff. Dell's too big a coward to come out here.
CLYDE: Hey can we swap out using the hatchet?
RITA: You have a knife, just go get some of the smaller trees
CLYDE: Ugh, fine. Are gonna build a wall when the little settlement get's bigger? 'Cuz nothing about where we are feels safe.
RITA: Have you ever felt safe anywhere?
CLYDE: I mean, no but still. We've got to make the place more defensible at some point. Like just putting it out there a wall at some point'd be nice.

After sometime gathering Me and Clyde come up with a wagon half full of Wood and two misty thistles. We have the same amount of wood I had gotten before only this time the sky's hasn’t turned dark yet, We've still got time to get more. Either that or we head a bit deeper into the woods to see what we can find, or if this is enough for now we can head right back home and work on something else for the rest of the day.

WAGON INVENTORY(125/200)
x250 WOOD

CLYDE: I hate nature, somethings always crawling on you or getting stuck to your shoe out here.
RITA: It'd be nice without wild animals and mutants. I used to like camping.
CLYDE: Well you can camp plenty now. I miss heated buildings and delivery pizza.
>>
No. 998253 ID: b1b4f3

>>998250
Can't do anything about the pizza, but we can definitely get some fireplaces in the buildings. Probably gonna need to salvage concrete or bricks from the city to make them. Preferably bricks. Though, sealing up the chimney is a problem, does anyone know how to make mortar?

Let's do a bit of exploring deeper in.
>>
No. 998260 ID: 36784c

>>998250
>x250 WOOD
If we combine the wood we've got here with the wood back at base, we've got enough wood to start building that cabin. Question is: Can we finish it before the sun goes down tonight?

>Pizza
Ugh, don't remind us. Ever since this stupid fog showed up, we can't get pizza at all! We miss it so much.

And for fuck's sake, don't start the whole "pineapples on pizza" argument. It's a stupid argument.
>>
No. 998272 ID: 546810

I feel like walls should be our 5 person project. Or at least saved until you two are situated.

Go deeper.
>>
No. 998284 ID: 68df2c

Losing pizza was one of the worst things that happened to humanity.

The wall is not a bad idea, but is too much job for just 3 people. We can do it when we grow our numbers.
>>
No. 998344 ID: 4e124a

Not all is lost my friends. It's posible to make a E- quality pizza with material you can find anywhere.
First, we need some kind of grain. The ideal is wheat obviusly, but any kind of spike plant should work (thought the taste and texture will be... different)
Second, for the sauce, tomatoe can be replaced by other kind of fruit, potentially, watered down red berries.
Third, cheese can be made if we trap a milkable animal like a goat.
Oil can be extracted from some plants or replaced by animal fat. Spices can be improvised with the local flora and toppings are versatile.

The final product probably will be a strange green pizza with an odd sabour, but a mutant-looking pizza is better than no-pizza.
>>
No. 998373 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161974227768.png - (547.01KB , 1500x1050 , Drainage Pipe.png )
998373

RITA: Don't remind me about pizza. The most I've had is shitty MRE pizzas.
CLYDE: Hell, I'd take that even! Really anything that isn't out of a can would be nice.
RITA: As for that wall, we'll want more people first.

>>998344
This sounds disgusting, and I am nowhere near desperate enough to try and make it.

We head deeper into the woods, the wagon squeaking behind us as we go. The shapes of animals dart past in the shadows of the tree's. None come close enough for a chance to shoot, we ignore them as we walk.

After some traveling I can see something built into the side of a lifted portion of land. It looks like some sort of drainage pipe made into a makeshift shelter. One of the walls has been ripped open by something, and the other is still intact. The sound of wind running past the hole creates a howling sound, and there's a faint smell of blood coming from the ripped wall and a heavy smell of burning grass coming from over the drainage pipe.

CLYDE: Hey...We're not going in there right? I though we were just gathering wood and herbs and junk.
>>
No. 998374 ID: 68df2c

>>998373
No, it's too late to go poking around. But we can't leave it alone just like that.We are searching this place tomorrow. If possible with torches, in case it is dark in there.
>>
No. 998378 ID: b1b4f3

>>998373
Still no flashlight... investigate the smell of burnt grass.
Hey is that some more thistle?
>>
No. 998393 ID: 031458

I cleared out those cannibals because they were too close to home to let live.
This is even closer. I cant ignore it.
We'll investigate the burning smell first and then double back. Can you fashion a crude torch?
>>
No. 998402 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161974904220.png - (778.41KB , 1500x1050 , Burn Spot.png )
998402

RITA: It's getting late, plus we lack proper lighting. I don't think this lighter will be enough.
CLYDE: Oh thank god.
RITA: We'll check back tomorrow, maybe with some torches. If there's anything dangerous in here I can't ignore it.

>Hey is that some more thistle?
Looks like it, Clyde's too much of a coward to get close so I gather them. three more thistles.

I sniff the air
RITA: Let's check out that smell.

We carefully go over the hill above the drainage pipe. Unsurprisingly, the smell of burning grass comes from burning grass, but now that I'm closer I can also make out the smell of burnt flesh coming from the charred corpse laying in the middle of the burnt grass circle along with some burnt birds.

CLYDE: Oh, Uh uh. That's an anomaly.
RITA: Yeah, I can tell Clyde.

A rock in the middle of the burnt grass has the dead person's bag. It seems unburnt.
>>
No. 998403 ID: a52b96

Can we reach the bag with our hook chain?
Going in seems like a bad idea.
>>
No. 998407 ID: 68df2c

>anomaly
Oh shit son, those things too? How do they work?
>>
No. 998417 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161975357941.png - (433.59KB , 1500x1050 , Hook.png )
998417

>Can we reach the bag with our hook chain?
Hook chains too short. I can barely hit the corpse's foot with it.

>How do they work?
If I touch it I get burnt to a crisp, that seems pretty obvious. If you're asking how they work mechanically then what makes you think I'd know?
>>
No. 998421 ID: b1b4f3

Uh, throw some leaves at it to see exactly what triggers the burn. Do you have to touch the ground to be burnt? You could play "the floor is lava" to get the bag, then. Find some rocks, make a bridge.
>>
No. 998424 ID: 031458

Maybe throw in a stick and see how it behaves?
Looks like a bird fell out of the sky and burned here too though.
>>
No. 998426 ID: 36784c

The grass, the bird, and the body are all burned, but there aren’t any scorch marks on the rock or the bag. Maybe only living things will get burned?
>>
No. 998437 ID: 68df2c

>what makes you think I'd know?
It depends. Do they react when an inanimate object touches it? Is there a visible core? Do they move or are static? Are there other kinds of anomalies? I these things have been arrounds for as much as the Fog has, then people will eventually start to find out stuff about it.

But i guess that as long as you know how to stay out of it is enough, right? But there must be more people taht knows more about the subject.

>Chain to short
You could look for that other chain you found and link it with this one, make it a little bit more larger.
>>
No. 998441 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161975964160.png - (474.53KB , 1500x1050 , Flashburn Anomaly .png )
998441

>throw some leaves at it to see exactly what triggers the burn.
The leaves float down uninterrupted until they touch the ground, after which the a blue flash erupts along with a wave of heat. Afterwards the leave's are nothing but ash.

CLYDE: A Flash-burn Hazard. I've seen what these can do before, but I've never seen one up close.

>Looks like a bird fell out of the sky and burned here too though.
Yeah, but it's likely the bird landed on it's own. Thing couldn't have known it would've been fried.
>>
No. 998442 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161975965208.png - (676.09KB , 1500x1050 , The Floor is Anomalous .png )
998442

>Maybe only living things will get burned?
>You could play "the floor is lava" to get the bag, then. Find some rocks, make a bridge.
RITA: Clyde, get some rocks.
CLYDE: That bag can't be worth almost getting fried.
RITA: I won't know until I look now will I?

Clyde and I gather as many big enough rocks as we can and throw them into the anomaly. None of them trigger it. I hop onto one of the rocks, no reaction from the anomaly.
CLYDE: Holy shit Rita be careful!
RITA: I am being careful. If anything the yelling's more likely to make me lose my balance so zip it!

I reach the middle and grab the bag...
>>
No. 998444 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161975966979.png - (629.54KB , 1500x1050 , Bag.png )
998444

Inside I find three glowsticks, another busted communicator, a jar of acid, and a key card. I hop back over and show Clyde.
CLYDE: Yeah I wouldn't risk my life for this junk
RITA: It's a good thing I'm around then. Junk can be useful.
CLYDE: Or maybe you're a kleptomaniac...This keycard might be useful. It's a one time use blue access card though, so you'll only be able to unlock things made for blue access cards one time.

It's starting to get darker. The sound of a howling wolf makes Clyde jump.
CLYDE: Hey, can we head back yet? Dell oughta be done with my new digs right?
>>
No. 998448 ID: b1b4f3

>>998444
Pause briefly at the entrance of the drainage pipe shelter to call out and ask if anyone's alive in there.
>>
No. 998450 ID: 36784c

>>998444
>Hey, can we head back yet?
Yeah, we can head back.

>Dell oughta be done with my new digs right?
I doubt it. He may be good at building things, but he's just one guy.

Besides, if he did manage to use up all the building materials, he'd only be half done, since we only had half of what he needed. We've got the other half with us in the wagon. If all 3 of us work on it, we'll be able to finish it before it gets dark.
>>
No. 998452 ID: 864e49

Have Dell attach the second hook we found to the hook flail.
>>
No. 998458 ID: 031458

Nah but he will be by the time you go to sleep.

I wouldn't mind running into a wolf. They're chewy but food is food... Of course that could be five wolves, and I don't wanna run into that.
>>
No. 998461 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161977102853.png - (590.47KB , 1500x1050 , Shout.png )
998461

>if he did manage to use up all the building materials, he'd only be half done
Dell is making a small hut for one or two people. If he used everything he'd be done. We'd be using the wood we have to make another two person hut.

>Have Dell attach the second hook we found to the hook flail.
With two hooks I feel like I'd want to shorten the chain a bit, and maybe extend the pole for easier handling. I'll think about it when we get home.

>Pause briefly at the entrance of the drainage pipe shelter to call out and ask if anyone's alive in there.
I stand in front of the torn open pipe
RITA: HEY! IS ANYONE ALIVE IN THERE!?
CLYDE: Why would you do that!? You just said something dangerous might be inside!
RITA: I wanted to see if anyone was still alive in there...Now that I'm thinking about it why did I do that?
CLYDE: You're thinking about it now?
>>
No. 998462 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161977104094.png - (292.23KB , 1500x1060 , A Warning.png )
998462

The sound of whirring can be heard getting closer and closer from the pipe. I can see a red light shining from the darkness, shortly after a voice shouts.
???: I-I-I-INTRUDERS. Y-YOU ARE TRESPASSING ON RESTRI-RESTRICTED PROPERTY. YOU HAVE 10 SECOND TO CLEAR THE AREA OR LETHAL FORCE IS PERMITTED.
CLYDE: Rita that doesn't sound like a person
???: 10...9...
>>
No. 998464 ID: 30b9f6

Oooh, grace time. How kind. Use it.

Dash forward to check what it is, hold up your blue keycard and say "It's fine, I've got a keycard, please scan it, Mr. Robot" to see if that distracts it or, incredibly luckily, resolves the sitaution.

Tell Clyde to get his ass off to coverville in case it starts shooting.
>>
No. 998465 ID: 031458

Clyde get away!
Get atop the hole and start swinging that chain flail whilst taunting the robot!
>>
No. 998467 ID: ab0431

Sounds like you have ten seconds to leave the area, or lethal force is going to be permitted.

I suggest you start running, because we already got a decent haul and somewhere to go, and we don't know what we're getting into.

Live to fight another day and do some reconnaissance
>>
No. 998471 ID: 4e124a

Run because if it is giving grace time, is unlikely to be an inmediate menace. Besides, as as been said, we have a good bounty for today, no need to rush. If we want to fight it latter, well, can be done latter.
>>
No. 998477 ID: 36784c

>>998462
That’s a security robot! We don’t have the necessary equipment to fight that!

It’s giving you 10 seconds to leave, so I suggest you leave and go home before you guys get killed!
>>
No. 998481 ID: 68df2c

I say you retreat for now. We can plan a strategy latter and be better prepared.
But this was a good outcome. If there is security here, that means there is goodies inside that someone wanted to protect.
>>
No. 998489 ID: a9af05

>>998462
We are not ready to fight that thing. Let's go back home. We can come back here after we've gotten better equipment to fight it.
>>
No. 998494 ID: b1b4f3

>>998462
Alright let's get out of here.
We can tell Dell about the robot, I'm sure he'll be excited.
>>
No. 998499 ID: 2b3343

It's letting you leave, just run.

Maybe Dell can make some anti-robot weaponry.
>>
No. 998509 ID: ce39da

Calmly abscond.

After you're a safe distance away: "Good news, Clyde, it's a stationary guard - ergo, not an immediate threat. It'll be safe to ignore this until there's nothing else too close by to clear."
>>
No. 998548 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161983759998.png - (680.24KB , 1500x1050 , Book It.png )
998548

>Run
I book it, and Clyde follows close behind.
CLYDE: What the hell was that!?
RITA: Some sort of security robot, didn't get a good look at it. I don't know why one's guarding a makeshift hut in a drainage pipe but-
CLYDE: No, Rita, I mean WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT!?
RITA:What?
CLYDE: YELLING INTO THE FUCKING PIPE LIKE THAT!
RITA: I already told you I'm not sure why I did it, lets call it a momentary lapse in judgment. Besides, you're screaming right now.
CLYDE: That's a little different Rita.
RITA: Sounds like you're just being a hypocrite.
>>
No. 998549 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161983760470.png - (186.72KB , 1500x1050 , New Hut.png )
998549

We return home as night falls. There we can see that Dell has managed to finish the hut.
CLYDE: Damn, he works fast.

Clyde immediately enters his new home, and I enter the metro car.
>>
No. 998550 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161983763493.png - (812.91KB , 1500x1050 , Back.png )
998550

DELL: She twines her spines up slowly; Towards the boiling sun.~
DELL: And when I touched her skin; My fingers ran with blood.~…Hey Rita. I'm sure you've already seen Clyde's hut. I managed to get it done faster since it's a small one.
RITA: Yeah I saw it... Good job.
DELL: Thanks! Also are we going to do anything with all the stuff you keep bringing in? Like those communicators? You just sort of dropped them off and never said anything about them.
>>
No. 998552 ID: 094652

>Junk
"Well, you're doing inventory. We're going to build outposts in the long run, so we'll install them at the guard towers.
>>
No. 998553 ID: 6a2a09

well, if they still work properly, and won't be fucked by the fog, they can be used to help give each person a line of communication just in case they need to give out important info. If not, i still bet that theyre useful scrap. Also, I do believe showing him the jar of acid is a good idea, since he needed it. You also think dell would know anything about robots like the one we encountered, since he's quite adept at building them himself?
>>
No. 998560 ID: 68df2c

"Oh yeah, those. I kinda have forgot, sorry. A lot of shit to deal with so i kinda forgot. I am sure that those will be very useful at some point. Not sure if they are working properly, probably gonna have to fix them."

Put your new trophy/bobblehead net to Arrayan.
>>
No. 998566 ID: b1b4f3

>>998550
Tell him you're just grabbing what seems useful. Might be time to review what stuff we have other than scrap.
The communicators should be used when we bring someone out to the city, so if you need to split up you can remain in contact. Do they have batteries?

Actually, what's the range on these things? Could use them to stay in contact with the base while you're away, so if something happens everyone knows immediately.
>>
No. 998568 ID: 36784c

>>998548
>I already told you I'm not sure why I did it, lets call it a momentary lapse in judgment.
Actually, I think one of us voices managed to influence you a little. They suggested to you to do that and you did it.

>>998550
We could try fixing them. They’d let us keep in contact with each other while you’re away.

Speaking of things that you bring back to base, Rita, did you forget to bring the wagon with you? I didn’t see you dragging it with you while you were running through the forest.
>>
No. 998570 ID: 031458

Speaking of which here's another one.. It would be nice to have them working, honestly. Though I dunno nothin about how to make that happen.
Also, what do you know about sentry bots? I found an angry one not far from here, was gonna slap it tomorrow.
>>
No. 998571 ID: 0feaba

now that we have two, remote communication is great. See if fixing is an option.

Failing that, scrap them and see if we can get any useful parts out of it
>>
No. 998605 ID: 4e124a

Is worth to repair at least one communicator. Having a radio to comunicate with other settlements can be a good idea. I wouldn't emit right now though, at least until we have a wall in case there are hostiles or we have a better understadment of our neightbours (which until now is not very inviting to say the least).
>>
No. 998610 ID: ce39da

Wow, creepy song, Dell. Where did you hear that one?

Anyway, you're the tech guy. You'd have a better idea of what to use all the stuff I bring than I would.
>>
No. 998615 ID: 33dd48

What do you think would be more effective? Two chain hooks, a dai-chainhook, a long chain hook, or a chain flail?
Can we maybe try some out?

Oh and hold onto That highway Wizard bobblehead, they're good luck of we ever run into a working at of wheels.
>>
No. 998627 ID: a9af05

>>998615
>What do you think would be more effective?
None of those. What we have is fine and we don't need any of that. Don't waste our resources on weapons we don't need.

Instead, we should focus on upgrading the weapons we already have. For example: We have a Bone Spear and a Rifle Stock Club we can upgrade by using the metal from the second chain hook we got from the cannibal house.
>>
No. 998674 ID: 8fb3ba
File 161991525612.png - (826.10KB , 1500x1050 , Communicator Check.png )
998674

>Actually, I think one of us voices managed to influence you a little.
Duh! But I don't want to go around saying "The voices made me do it" as an answer to why I did something.

>Communicators
RITA: Oh yeah, those. A lot of shit to deal with so I kinda forgot.
RITA: Speaking of which, I found another one.

I toss him the busted one I found at the drainage pipe area.
DELL: This is salvageable, and so's the other damaged one. Though I can fix them, I think I'd like one to take apart. If I research it I can learn how to make them myself and you won't have to rely on scavenging if you want more.
RITA: What's the range on them?
DELL: Long! I'm sure two could be on opposite sides of a country and still work. Charge is the issue, it's not a weak charge but no one really carries around phone chargers anymore do they?
RITA: Do they all need to be fixed?
DELL: No, just the two broken ones, and that becomes one since I want to break one down to research.

>Robot
RITA: Hey Dell, how much do you know about sentry bots?
DELL: A lot! I still don't have what I need to build any.
RITA: Forget building 'em. I found an angry one in the woods and I gotta know a good way to break it.
DELL: Oh, well can you tell me more about it? Size? Was It a stationary turret?
RITA: It was too dark in the pipe to really see it, but from what I could gather it's a head or so taller than me. It walked out from the inside of the pipe to the entrance so it isn't stationary. I could hear whirring as it moved by no footsteps and all I could clearly see of it was a red light.
DELL: So relatively small and mobile. Wheels and a red eye, did it shoot at you?
RITA: No, it gave us a warning before it attacked and we booked it before it could fire.
DELL: It gave you a warning? It sounds like it's a malfunctioning robot then. I see no reason for a robot to be programmed to give warning now a days. It's just a theory, but If there was nobody else around then It probably wandered into the pipe and short circuited to think that space is it's territory to protect.
RITA: The place looked like it was torn into a long time ago, not somewhere people would be.

Dell fumbles with the communicator in his hands
DELL: Regardless, it's probably gonna have the obvious: guns and armor. A smaller model will probably be using small rounds in the guns and bullet resistant plating. Unless it's armed with energy weapons but your description doesn't match any model that would have those.
DELL: Ideally you'd be able to shock it to overload it's systems, but you'd need a strong shock. In lieu of EMP weaponry regular explosives would probably do well. You can forget using arrows though, and melee weapons are only slightly better.
DELL: That should be all, anything else you're wondering?
>>
No. 998675 ID: 031458

In that case, I need a robot-murder crow-bar.

Or a shock glove. I can use to electrify things either directly, or using my hook chain as a medium.

Or a big, fuck-off hammer. The kind armor can't handle.

What can you do for me?
>>