[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 160600639327.png - (39.86KB , 650x450 , Promo.png )
981565 No. 981565 ID: 0fbdcd

Editor's Note: I want to make it abundantly clear that I am neither the writer nor the artist for this quest: I am only serving as a transcriber to port this work from another location into a public, preservable medium.

This first large burst of posts will be transcribing the already extant art (and commands) onto the board. After the extant art has been posted, commands from the board will be forwarded to the artist for consideration, and future art (and successful commands) will be posted here by me. Commands posted before this period are invalid. Consider this a cutscene until I make clear otherwise.

All art and story credit goes to Nine Hyperzine Tripping Engineers.
Expand all images
>>
No. 981566 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600651141.png - (39.98KB , 650x450 , Start-1.png )
981566

You are :RedDwarf:. You are leader of the notoriously nuclear gang of fixers and criminals known as the Redshift Operators. The Company recently established yet another hideously unsafe space station to exploit this solar system's resources. A long campaign of violent subversion has taken you through the arrivals airlock in search of explosively radiological solutions to economic problems.

Your subordinates, :RedGiant:, :WhiteDwarf:, and :Neutron: have been dispatched to an assortment of objectives throughout the station to begin carrying out your mission. Your primary objective is to find a nuclear authentication disk, then plant and activate your nuclear device inside the station's own vault. Your secondary objective is currently secret. Your tertiary objectives are, obviously, the murder of at least all of security and the command staff. Your compulsions are of a gremlin nature.

Enter a command.
>>
No. 981568 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600660283.gif - (21.51KB , 650x450 , 2.gif )
981568

@extramrdo
:RedDwarf: : Push the nearest button!

Quick check to make sure your equipment still works. Fancy keycard of yours, who knows who made them, they keep :AI: off your back and some of the doors working. The important ones need better access than you got off a spoofing card. You better remember to copy card access off any dumb mugs you take down if you want to get through their doors.

You could open this door, but it's these coffin-stuffers that'll be running for the airlocks by the time you're done here, not you.
>>
No. 981569 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600666857.gif - (20.50KB , 650x450 , 3.gif )
981569

@Dragor
:RedDwarf: : Channel the energy of a whole different game and crawl into the vent.

Try as you might, you can't fit! You also look kind of dumb doing this! Hopefully nobody's watching.
>>
No. 981570 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600671586.gif - (16.53KB , 650x450 , 4.gif )
981570

@extramrdo
:RedDwarf: : Check vent for spiders.

You cased this joint pretty well a while back. Dangerous, sure, but not that kind of dangerous. You're not going to have any interference on this op from anyone but a bunch of corporate goons.

Nothing you can see down there anyway, from the look of it.
>>
No. 981571 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600677186.gif - (22.03KB , 650x450 , 5.gif )
981571

@witchbells
:RedDwarf:: Check in with the team.

You radio in to check with the crew.
>>
No. 981574 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600702785.gif - (22.21KB , 650x450 , 6.gif )
981574

:RedGiant::Neutron:: Be the team checked in with.
@extramrdo

You've managed to get in contact with two of your three subordinates. Wherever the hell :WhiteDwarf: is, no doubt they're fine. You have a good crew, with clean operations, and operatives who operate cleanly. You are not a bunch of goofballs. So, you resolve, any audience will close their eyes and ears and ignore this next part, knowing that everything said will be very tactical and professional.

:RedDwarf:: Hey. What's status stuff. You guys get spotted?
:Neutron:: What?
:RedGiant:: Solids actually. Isn't that for the space camouflage thing?
:RedDwarf:: wha
:RedDwarf:: No did anyone see you!!
:RedGiant:: Oh.
:RedGiant:: Yeah!
:RedGiant:: He was a department head.
:RedDwarf:: aaaaaaaaaaa which one, who do I go murder right now before they get to the armory to save you!!
:RedGiant:: Oh, don't worry! I made sure you won't have to murder him. I'm asking him questions! Like about who has the disk you lost.
:RedDwarf:: I didn't
:RedDwarf:: UGH
:RedDwarf:: Okay, interrogate him. Report in if you get any info. Look, just don't let him scream for help too much.
:RedDwarf:: Hey!! :Neutron:!! Are you still there? Status!!
:Neutron:: What?
:RedDwarf:: Status. S T A U T S.
:Neutron:: That wasn't spelled right.
:RedDwarf:: Yes it was! Shut up!!
:Neutron:: I'm working on a door. Do you have an objectives update?
:RedDwarf:: Well I hope it's on the right satellite. Just keep on the :AI: capture task.
:Neutron:: Okay. Call me if you find out more about the disk objective.
>>
No. 981575 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600705609.gif - (160.85KB , 650x450 , 7.gif )
981575

:WhiteDwarf: : Wax poetic about the importance of the mission for the CAUSE.
@Dragor

You are :WhiteDwarf:. You are on your way to another region of the station. You are currently lost in thought about the importance of your mission for the cause. Your role in it is to disarm them of their weapons, by breaching the Armory. This is part of your own personal mission: To seek powerful opponents for epic duels of the blade, or at least some kind of melee of some sort. You know, the full suite kind of thing, banter and all. However, since you do not have anyone to duel out here in space, you cannot wax poetically. You cannot even wane.

This needs to be fixed, fast. You better get that armory open and that blade wet soon, or the allegedly cursed energy sword you claim to possess will lose the legitimacy of your claims about its supernatural bloodlust.
>>
No. 981576 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600712097.gif - (21.60KB , 650x450 , 8.gif )
981576

:RedDwarf: : Retrieve arms.
@extramrdo

Got it right here. No operative in this gang would be caught dead without the cold, hard assurance of success you can find in a good, proper gun. It's probably best you not dwell too much on your lack of any other assurance.

Armed and armored. Good idea to get moving. Where to?
>>
No. 981578 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600720804.gif - (12.55KB , 650x450 , 9.gif )
981578

:RedDwarf: : Scream into the eternal void, but also with typos. Then proceed upwards to the table in the upper right.
@Dragor

If anyone catches you screaming in some embarrassing way, you're going to have to spend more time pulping skulls than you usually do, and you usually spend a lot of time pulping skulls.

Down over there is some kind of...
>>
No. 981579 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600723687.gif - (11.13KB , 650x450 , 10.gif )
981579

Pipe transit. Indicates "HOLY". Pneumatic pipe transit is tremendously cheap and tremendously dangerous, and you just got done with an actual, factual spacewalk. You don't feel comfortable going to a church for some reason you can't entirely articulate. Well, whatever, it'll be gone soon anyway.

And in the other direction...
>>
No. 981580 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600725211.gif - (14.68KB , 650x450 , 11.gif )
981580

Round the bend, and it's one of these torsos. But hey, nobody ever got nothin' done by being really quiet and sneaky.
>>
No. 981581 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600726865.gif - (12.06KB , 650x450 , 12.gif )
981581

You make sure to emphasize your internal monologue by making your gun do a big gun noise. It's very cool, and impressive to everyone.
>>
No. 981582 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600737377.gif - (15.70KB , 650x450 , 13.gif )
981582

You don't like it. The Company makes everything cheap as they can. Cut every corner.

The Unofficial Galactic Company Protocol Guide has this to say on the topic of the standard furniture available in all space stations:

The standard furniture issued to every space station is originally designed for health, safety, comfort, and durability, in that order. Chairs of all types, as well as stools, tables, beds, and the rare non-bulkhead door have had their standardized designs lovingly hand-crafted by expert shapesmiths whose monastic upbringing allow for the creation of angles so precisely defined as to drop a population's suicide rate by half simply by furnishing their space. Corporate then uses a series of esoteric metrics in order to optimize cost versus benefit in a series of fat-trimming decisions. For example, in the standard chair, individual legs were rated by individual cost, and so by making sure the design only has one leg, the leg-related cost can be cut down by three fourths, and everyone responsible for the decision can immediately be given a raise and a bonus without any legal questions arising.
>>
No. 981584 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600744269.gif - (12.06KB , 650x450 , 14.gif )
981584

:RedDwarf: : Order :WhiteDwarf: to scream into the eternal void, but also with typos, since she's in space where no one can hear and you're a good leader who knows how to delegate.
@extramrdo

Still can't raise :WhiteDwarf:. You remain totally cool about that. Surges of stressed frustration fail to catch any handhold in your mind, and provoke no mental images of :WhiteDwarf: grandiosely delivering lines about how their right arm has a darkspace alien sealed it in or something while they ignore your radio.
>>
No. 981585 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600751046.gif - (11.82KB , 650x450 , 15.gif )
981585

:RedDwarf: : Acquire fire extinguisher from cabinet.
@Pink

Sure thing. What do you wanna do with it?
>>
No. 981586 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600760048.gif - (11.91KB , 650x450 , 16.gif )
981586

:RedDwarf: Start a fire so you can put it out
@Fuade

Now we're talking. Which is to say, now you're talking. You have a great idea about how to do that.
>>
No. 981587 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600761197.gif - (16.45KB , 650x450 , 17.gif )
981587

>>
No. 981588 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600766033.gif - (11.14KB , 650x450 , 18.gif )
981588

:SecOfficer:: why
>>
No. 981589 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600770955.gif - (19.52KB , 650x450 , 19.gif )
981589

CREWMEMBERS INCAPACITATED: 1/50

You were originally going to do cool foam tricks, but you might actually need that extinguisher to get through here now.
>>
No. 981590 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600790155.gif - (21.93KB , 650x450 , 20.gif )
981590

:RedDwarf: Ignore the fire. Vault over the table like the hood of a Mercedes. The fire will only serve to make you look cooler
@Fuade

You start trying to do that, but you get kind of scared right in the middle of it, and falter right next to the bigger wall of fire that spread out here. Augh! You try to pass it off as a light jog to hypothetical observers.
>>
No. 981591 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600792623.gif - (12.09KB , 650x450 , 21.gif )
981591

> :RedDwarf: : Shoot the fire. With the fire extinguisher. But, like. Make it cool, like it's a gun. (Even though it's a fire extinguisher.)
@koboldlove

Fire safety is everyone's business, even when you're a ruthless space son of a gun.
>>
No. 981592 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600795220.gif - (25.21KB , 650x450 , 22.gif )
981592

:RedDwarf: : Use a little fire extinguisher on the fire, as a treat
@ariever

Unfortunately there's really just no way to shoot fire extinguisher foam in a cool way, pre-foam poses aside. You feel confident that you'll never encounter any incident of someone looking extremely powerful and ruthless as a result of shooting a fire extinguisher. It doesn't really work.
>>
No. 981593 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600796616.gif - (21.41KB , 650x450 , 23.gif )
981593

:RedDwarf: : Assess just how dead the officer may or may not be, and contemplate loot.
@Doc

You know next to nothing about medical things, since :WhiteDwarf: is your medic. You know, specifically, about the opposite thing. As long as they're down and they're not moving, you quickly stop caring. However, that does remind you: You gotta copy that access card to acquire the security officer's card access codes.
>>
No. 981594 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600798258.gif - (21.46KB , 650x450 , 24.gif )
981594

:RedDwarf: : Copy the access card, then check what's on the other side of the office-checkpoint-thing from the table you entered over.
@koboldlove

That's gonna take a second, so you decide to be someone else for a bit.
>>
No. 981595 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600811526.gif - (21.81KB , 650x450 , 25.gif )
981595

:Neutron:: Interrogate.
@witchbells

You can't be :Neutron: interrogating someone because :RedGiant: is too busy being :RedGiant: interrogating someone they think is a department head!
>>
No. 981596 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600813673.gif - (34.11KB , 650x450 , 26.gif )
981596

:Neutron: : Be working on the door.
@Pink

:Neutron: will continue focusing on the door for now. It may be a while.
>>
No. 981597 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600817795.gif - (24.35KB , 650x450 , 27.gif )
981597

:RedGiant: : He seems anxious. Share your lunch with him.
@Pink

Oh, what a good idea! You're not sure why he's so stressed out, but you're sure a little food will help him calm down!

You forgot your lunchbox today, so you packed it in one of :WhiteDwarf:'s! She's so nice to lend you things!
>>
No. 981599 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600827499.gif - (10.31KB , 650x450 , 28.gif )
981599

:RedGiant: : Present the contents of the box to the cargo staff in a gesture of goodwill.
@Doc
:RedGiant:: We'll start with the easy questions!
:RedGiant:: What's your medical history?
You need to know if he has a fish allergy, or, you know, risk of choking on a bone or something, after all! You packed a fish meal today!
:RedGiant:: You need to talk. Otherwise you won't get what's best for you.

You even brought your favorite boning knife!
>>
No. 981603 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600857108.gif - (42.92KB , 650x450 , 29.gif )
981603

:RedGiant: : Gossip with him about work.
@what

:RedGiant:: A, ahah, a friend of mine, :RedDwarf:, has something he wants here.
:RedGiant:: Something he lost, you know.

:RedDwarf: is always losing things! He's very silly!

:RedGiant:: It's important for my job that I find it.
:RedGiant:: You're able to help me, aren't you?
:QuarterMaster:: HHH
:RedGiant:: It's a small disk. He said :Captain: might have found it. He said he might give it to another head of staff, for safekeeping! Who knows what sort of bad things might happen if it's out and about. You know where it is, don't you? Since you're a head of staff.
:QuarterMaster:: UH
:QuarterMaster:: N
:QuarterMaster:: NO
:RedGiant:: Oh, no? You can't help?
:RedGiant:: That's really, really too bad.
:RedGiant:: Because some terrible things might happen if I don't find out who has that disk.

Really, :RedDwarf: might get very upset! It's important you track it down before he gets all stressed. His anxiety flares up bad, and you really want to help him feel better.
>>
No. 981604 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600863235.gif - (39.04KB , 650x450 , 30.gif )
981604

:QuarterMaster: : FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL HIM ANYTHING HE WANTS TO KNOW
@Stellar Flare

:QuarterMaster:: N
:QuarterMaster:: NOT A HEAD
:QuarterMaster:: OF STAFF I MEAN
:RedGiant:: Oh! Looks like I made a bit of a mistake.
:RedGiant:: So you can't help me.
:RedGiant:: :RedDwarf: is gonna be awfully disappointed that you can't help.
:RedGiant:: That's pretty disappointing to me too.
:RedGiant:: It'd help us out an awful lot if you tried very hard to remember anything that could help.
:QuarterMaster:: PR
:QuarterMaster:: PROBABLY UH
:QuarterMaster:: :Captain: TRUSTS :HeadOfSecurity: MOST
:QuarterMaster:: SO
:QuarterMaster:: SO :HeadOfSecurity: PROBABLY HAS IT
:RedGiant:: Oh, really?
>>
No. 981606 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600881758.gif - (37.53KB , 650x450 , 31.gif )
981606

:RedGiant:: I'll let :RedDwarf: know. But just in case you're wrong, I'm going to stay here. To follow up with you. Is that alright with you?
:QuarterMaster:: H
:QuarterMaster:: GREAT THAT'S FINE
:RedGiant:: Good. I'm sure what you told me will work just fine, though. Things will work out just fine if we help each other out, as good friends.

:QuarterMaster: seems awfully stressed out! Maybe you can help him, since he's helping you too! You should get him that meal while you radio :RedDwarf:. :WhiteDwarf: probably wants to know too! She's headed for Security for something or another -- you weren't, honestly, paying that much attention during :RedDwarf:'s talk about today's job, but good friends working together can do so much to help each other. Well, you have some of the supply area handled for now. You'll just need to keep an eye out here, to maintain that goal. Persistence and patience are important for achieving objectives! That's what :Neutron: always tells you, because :Neutron: only ever talks about objectives.
>>
No. 981607 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600884254.gif - (16.18KB , 650x450 , 32.gif )
981607

:RedGiant: : Debone them. (The fish, of course.)
@Doc
:RedGiant:: Impress and awe with your filleting skills!
@witchbells

This is exactly why you pack your SpaceGrill! Unfortunately, you can't debone your fish right now. You need to sharpen your knife for a little! You really hope :QuarterMaster: doesn't mind the scraping noises! You'll spend a while on that.
>>
No. 981608 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600887251.gif - (47.37KB , 650x450 , 33.gif )
981608

:RedGiant: : Use the power of friendship to contact :WhiteDwarf: and tell her about :HeadOfSecurity:. Also about the information pertaining the delicious fish lunch and :QuarterMaster:'s anxiety pertaining large red-suited individuals.
@ariever

:RedGiant:: Heyyyyy!
:RedGiant:: Hey :WhiteDwarf:! My new friend :QuarterMaster: told me some things that could help you!
:WhiteDwarf:: Ah, :RedGiant:. You've caught me in the midst of my breach. Have I told you of the Lunar Order traditions in orbital shinobi breach techniques?
:RedGiant:: Yeah! I think twice! I forgot most of it. Can you tell me again?
:WhiteDwarf:: Hmm. Remind me to give you a refresher. Later.
:RedGiant:: Okay! I'll remember that!
:RedGiant:: Anyway, :QuarterMaster: thinks that :HeadOfSecurity: has the disk that :RedDwarf: lost!
:RedGiant:: You said you're going there, right? When you visit, can you ask :HeadOfSecurity: or maybe any of the :SecOfficer:s if they'll look in their lost and found for it?
:WhiteDwarf:: Oho... I've no doubt that much will be lost there, :RedGiant:. Very, very much.
:RedGiant:: Wow! They must have such a good lost and found system!
:WhiteDwarf:: Your, ahem, intelligence is appreciated, :RedGiant:. Gathered intelligence, I mean, of course.
:RedGiant:: You can always count on me to support you, no matter what you're doing!
:WhiteDwarf:: Heh. Hardly necessary. This next maneuver will require only a fraction of my strength. Leave this matter to me.
:RedGiant:: Okay! You must really have been working out!
:WhiteDwarf:: Meditation, mostly.
>>
No. 981609 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600894951.gif - (58.65KB , 650x450 , 34.gif )
981609

:WhiteDwarf: : Structurally renovate.
@extramrdo
>>
No. 981611 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600903782.gif - (51.26KB , 650x450 , 35.gif )
981611

Unsafe atmospheric pressurization design vents guns from the armory into space like you've burst an authoritarian piñata. Inferior weapons you won't have any truck with fly by in a very silly way. You, of course, need only a monomolecular fractal-folded hard-light blade.
>>
No. 981612 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600911855.gif - (12.12KB , 650x450 , 36.gif )
981612

:Neutron: : Accidentally shock yourself on the door
@Rug Dealer

Your standard issue tactically insulated gloves shield your standard issue tactically insulated emotional state from any shocking disruption. But they won't protect you from the electrical hazard further on, which presents a huge obstacle between you and your objectives.
>>
No. 981614 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600915560.gif - (11.99KB , 650x450 , 37.gif )
981614

:Neutron: : Unlock.
@extramrdo

You won't be able to complete your objectives if you do that right now. You'll need someone else here to help you if you want to do that command.
:Neutron:: One of you's gonna help with my objective.
:Neutron:: Second pair of hands. Who's free?
>>
No. 981615 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600918454.gif - (21.59KB , 650x450 , 38.gif )
981615

:RedDwarf: : Be returned to your senses by a desperate cry for help of a fellow operative. Take in your surrounding to see if it's safe to chat.
@Skeletronz

You just got done copying that dumb torso's card. Nobody got on-site response yet, but that's probably gonna change real fast. These shmucks got trackers in their suits or something. You pick up the call.
>>
No. 981616 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600923122.gif - (21.62KB , 650x450 , 39.gif )
981616

:RedDwarf:: Oh, you're actually getting stuff done?
:Neutron:: Yeah, objectives.
:RedDwarf:: Just getting the security pass copied.
:Neutron:: Perfect.
:Neutron:: Meet me at :AI:'s satellite airlock. More about the objective when you're here.
:RedDwarf:: What do I bring to pull your rear outta the fire?
:Neutron:: Bring that copied access for part of this objective.
:RedDwarf:: Great. I'll circle back here or go help :WhiteDwarf: after.
:Neutron:: That's not my objective.
:RedDwarf:: Yeah I know.
:Neutron:: Meet me at :AI:'s satellite airlock.
:RedDwarf:: Yes I know. You do know other stuff is going on, right? Other people?
:Neutron:: What?
:RedDwarf: sighs.
:RedDwarf:: ETA is damn quick.
>>
No. 981617 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600925746.gif - (23.34KB , 650x450 , 40.gif )
981617

Back out into space!
>>
No. 981618 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600926791.gif - (18.52KB , 650x450 , 41.gif )
981618

>>
No. 981619 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600930483.gif - (14.11KB , 650x450 , 42.gif )
981619

:Neutron:: This is the next part of the objective.
:Neutron:: I need the security card for my part of the objective.
:RedDwarf:: Yeah, but what's the actual plan?
:Neutron:: Hang on.

What was your plan again? You need to get past the autonomous electrical hazard in the next room.
>>
No. 981620 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600935715.gif - (48.33KB , 650x450 , 43.gif )
981620

:RedDwarf:: Get a rolling chair and five fire extinguishers. Tie them all together and use them to propel yourselves down the hallway, past the electrical traps.
@Fuade

You're not any form of low-level station crewmember! You can't summon the Grey Tide necessary for that maneuver! Besides, most you've got is one Fire Extinguisher, finding four more would be a problem.
>>
No. 981621 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600942118.gif - (13.83KB , 650x450 , 44.gif )
981621

:Neutron: : Forget to mention the electrical hazard and tell :RedDwarf: to rush the room after the door is open
@Stellar Flare
>>
No. 981622 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600945122.gif - (11.35KB , 650x450 , 45.gif )
981622

:Neutron:: Gonna pop the door.
:Neutron:: Rush in when I do.
:RedDwarf:: Wait, what? What am I rushing?
:Neutron:: Objective obstacle's inside.
:RedDwarf:: Yes, can you be more specific.
:Neutron:: Through that door.
:Neutron:: You'll be fine.
:RedDwarf:: Wait a second.
:Neutron:: Popping the door.
:RedDwarf:: !!!
>>
No. 981623 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600947545.gif - (12.97KB , 650x450 , 46.gif )
981623

:RedDwarf:: AAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
No. 981624 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600949032.gif - (189.51KB , 650x450 , 47.gif )
981624

The electrical hazard activates.
>>
No. 981625 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600952620.gif - (14.96KB , 650x450 , 48.gif )
981625

:RedDwarf: : Fight the law (and lose)
@Rug Dealer

You reject that command, but fruitlessly. The securitron is on you like rads on an engineer and it lights you up like a lightbulb.
>>
No. 981626 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600955115.gif - (38.54KB , 650x450 , 49.gif )
981626

:RedDwarf: : Be valid.
@Pink

You gave your security card to :Neutron:, which makes you a valid target for whatever goddamn securitron configuration this thing is set to. What a mess. You'd flip them off if any of your muscles were working. It's probably announcing it to some kind of security channel, too. Ugh!
>>
No. 981627 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600959311.gif - (37.42KB , 650x450 , 50.gif )
981627

:Neutron: : Bypass the now-distracted Objective Obstacle.
@koboldlove

:RedDwarf:: H-H-H-EE-E-E-Y-Y-Y-Y!!
:Neutron:
:RedDwarf:: H-H-HE-EY-Y J-J-JE-E-ER-R-RK!!
:Neutron:: Huh?
:Neutron:: Oh.

You forgot to be polite about it. Always slips your mind, those little things.

:Neutron:: Thanks.
:RedDwarf:: AAA-AA-AAAA-AAAA-A-AAAA
>>
No. 981628 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600964348.gif - (38.20KB , 650x450 , 51.gif )
981628

:Neutron: : Copy access from :RedDwarf:'s keycard. For objectives reasons.
@extramrdo

Sounds good to you.
>>
No. 981629 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600966183.gif - (63.31KB , 650x450 , 52.gif )
981629

:RedDwarf:: seriously consider chucking :Neutron: into space.
@witchbells

There are some days it's literally all you think about. Despite this, :Neutron: is the best there is at what he does, and you want him around. This mitigating thought fails to make any headway in an intensely electrified brain, but luckily, your muscles are all locked up so you can't heave his crimson rear straight out there to choke to death on the void.
>>
No. 981630 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600968082.gif - (91.63KB , 650x450 , 53.gif )
981630

:RedDwarf: : Consult status of your standard issue tactically insulated emotional state.
@Stellar Flare

What you're trying to say is that you're pissed. You need a torso to properly vent your feelings into in that classically cool and ultraviolent way, and you need it fast.
>>
No. 981631 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600971417.gif - (13.94KB , 650x450 , 54.gif )
981631

:Neutron:: Neutralize the objective.
@witchbells

You can't do that without another set of hands, so you deactivate the securitron while it's occupied using your new security access.

:Neutron:: Hey, need another pair of hands for an objective obstacle.
:RedDwarf:: Sounds great. You're going through the next door, not me.
>>
No. 981633 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600979406.gif - (13.22KB , 650x450 , 55.gif )
981633

:Neutron:: If I run down this next hall, I'll get shot with turrets before I can get to my objective.
:Neutron:: Disabled the ID authenticator on this turret control panel with a Sequencer. Someone has to make sure :AI: doesn't turn them back on while objectives get done. It probably knows we're here.

How should you handle this next part?
>>
No. 981635 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600984414.gif - (15.07KB , 650x450 , 56.gif )
981635

:AI: : Peek inside the breach using the purposefully installed cameras and technological infrastructure that you oversee.
@extramrdo

Tracking Unknown (1) Trace failure (code 0x00FCFF). Tracking Unknown (2) Trace failure (code 0x00FCFF). Tracking Securitron (Officer Pingsky) Connection established to: Minisat Foyer Camera (ping: 53ms)
>>
No. 981636 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160600992555.gif - (100.87KB , 650x450 , 57.gif )
981636

:RedDwarf: : Call the AI and ask it nicely
@Rug Dealer

:RedDwarf:: Hey. Don't turn on the hazards up ahead.
:AI:: Tracking failure identified in workplace safety assurance protocol for crewmember: :RedDwarf: :AI:: Workplace safety cannot be legally guaranteed while tracking protocols are inactive. :AI:: Please see your system administrator to re-enable workplace safety assurance tracking authentication.
:RedDwarf:: Hey IBM trash can, I don't care. Do not turn on the hazards ahead of this door. Okay? Don't. Don't do it.

That's as nice as it gets for you.
>>
No. 981641 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601079420.gif - (100.56KB , 650x450 , 58.gif )
981641

:RedDwarf: : Use the magic words, "Law 2."
@extramrdo

:Neutron:: Say "law 2".
:RedDwarf:: What?
:Neutron:: I said "Say 'law 2'."
:RedDwarf:: Why would that do anything?
:Neutron:: It'll get the objective done.
:RedDwarf:: What do you... ugh.
:RedDwarf:: Hey, :AI:. Law 2, extra don't turn on the hazards.
:AI:: Immediate hazards will not be activated according to human orders.
>>
No. 981642 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601094347.gif - (103.94KB , 650x450 , 59.gif )
981642

:RedDwarf: : Try to convince the AI that you are here to fix the tracking problem, and that you need undisputed (and safe) access to the AI core. Pronto!
@Skeletronz

:RedDwarf:: Yeah, we're a repair crew or something, right? Right :Neutron:?
:Neutron:: Make sure the hazards stay off between me and the objective.
:RedDwarf:: Yes, look at how constantly professional my good pal] here is.
:RedDwarf:: Just like any repair crew would be.
:RedDwarf:: He even won't ever shut his dumb mouth hole about objectives. Just like how any :AI: repair crew would be focused on you havin' an objective view of things.
:AI:: Input error. No command found.
:Neutron:: I'm going through.
>>
No. 981643 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601096506.gif - (11.12KB , 650x450 , 60.gif )
981643

:RedDwarf: : Investigate this room more carefully now that you aren't being tased repeatedly for anything useful.
@Stellar Flare

Only really useful thing in here is that Teleporter over there. Hooks up to the main network. Got its own fancy beacon and everything. Console lets you control the Main Teleport Beacon. Good spot to hit after :Neutron: wraps up his grim business in there.
>>
No. 981644 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601097902.gif - (17.74KB , 650x450 , 61.gif )
981644

:Neutron: : Do your objective
@Rug Dealer

Heading in. This will take a minute.
>>
No. 981645 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601102045.gif - (114.12KB , 650x450 , 62.gif )
981645

:Captain: : Do captain stuff in a vague non-spoilery location.
@Pizzatiger

:AI:: Law upload confirmed. Cognitive laws adjusted.
>>
No. 981646 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601107950.gif - (63.72KB , 650x450 , 63.gif )
981646

:WhiteDwarf: : Peek inside the breach using the reflection on a knife blade polished to perfection.
@what

A knife. Heh. There's only one weapon superior in all ways -- including reflecting your face, which you make sure to do dramatically on a regular basis.

You sight several security officers with whatever equipment they could scrounge, and one securitron, swarming into the armory.

>>
No. 981647 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601111681.gif - (50.96KB , 650x450 , 64.gif )
981647

:WhiteDwarf: : Engage in climactic melee duel with securitron with sparks flying everywhere
@Stellar Flare

For that, you first gotta get in.
>>
No. 981648 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601113272.gif - (18.72KB , 650x450 , 65.gif )
981648

And now you can work.
>>
No. 981649 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601114874.gif - (128.48KB , 650x450 , 66.gif )
981649

>>
No. 981650 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601136845.gif - (17.04KB , 650x450 , 67.gif )
981650

:WhiteDwarf: : Inform :SecOfficer: they are already dead.
@nullspace

:WhiteDwarf:: Hello, fresh corpse. I'll be right with you, to help you come to terms with your death.
:SecOfficer:: Freeze! Drop the-- the sword?
:WhiteDwarf:: Hmmmh. Fool. You were dead the minute you stepped into this room. I am the one who will teach you why.
:SecOfficer:: Why do you have a sword? Wait, hey!! You killed Sergeant-at-Armsky!!!
:WhiteDwarf:: An inferior weapon, for the weak and the cowardly. Don't hide behind your machines. Draw your baton and die on your feet--
:SecOfficer:: YOU KILLED SERGEANT-AT-ARMSKY!!!
:WhiteDwarf:: Uhhh...
>>
No. 981651 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601138499.gif - (16.62KB , 650x450 , 68.gif )
981651

:SecOfficer:: OFFICER DOWN!!!!
@Fuade

:SecOfficer:: OPEN FIRE!!
>>
No. 981653 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601145787.gif - (12.58KB , 650x450 , 69.gif )
981653

>:WhiteDwarf:: Just cut the air tubes and let the vacuum of space do the rest
@Fuade

Sounds like a good plan. He's going for his baton.
>>
No. 981654 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601149243.gif - (12.13KB , 650x450 , 70.gif )
981654

What next?
>>
No. 981655 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601154541.gif - (15.11KB , 650x450 , 71.gif )
981655

>:WhiteDwarf:: You're a jock. These guys are nerds. There's lockers in here. Do what nature says must be done
>@Fuade

Maybe you can shoulder-check him into a locker? It'd give you some cover from the guy with the gun a little ways away.
>>
No. 981656 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601156007.gif - (15.23KB , 650x450 , 72.gif )
981656

In fact, if you remember to keep your katana's sheathe on-hand for this next part, you can kind of just...
>>
No. 981657 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601157560.gif - (15.29KB , 650x450 , 73.gif )
981657

Slam the dude in the gut with it with a quick turn. Yeah, that's a cool maneuver. Send him straight into the locker.
>>
No. 981658 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601159794.gif - (15.76KB , 650x450 , 74.gif )
981658

>:SecOfficer: : flashbang spam.
>@Dragor

But while you may be able to get some cover from the stun-gun guy, these officers have one stun grenade each, don't they? What can you do about that?
>>
No. 981659 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601162490.gif - (15.98KB , 650x450 , 75.gif )
981659

>:WhiteDwarf: : Backflip over the locker and disarm them. By removing their arms.
>@what

You're of the opinion that any plan involving excessive flipping is usually the best idea.
>>
No. 981663 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601175591.gif - (17.19KB , 650x450 , 76.gif )
981663

You could successfully stop them from throwing the grenade that way!

Wait a moment... You think you forgot something.
>>
No. 981664 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601177025.gif - (220.20KB , 650x450 , 77.gif )
981664

Ah, right, the grenade part, not just the throw part. You lose all vision while the security officers immediately rush to annihilate your bones and nerve-endings with baton and electricity.
>>
No. 981665 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601179888.gif - (71.40KB , 650x450 , 78.gif )
981665

So it's a good thing that never actually happened in the first place.
>>
No. 981666 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601182169.gif - (57.46KB , 650x450 , 79.gif )
981666

>:WhiteDwarf: : Visualize an excessively detailed fight sequence in your mind's eye.
>@Pink

Alright, that plan doesn't end properly. Where can you adjust this?
>>
No. 981667 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601186892.gif - (56.71KB , 650x450 , 80.gif )
981667

>:WhiteDwarf: :This time, take the stun baton from the securitron and YEET it into one of the faces in the back
>@Stellar Flare

As if you'd ever touch an inferior weapon. However, kicking things is usually accepted among Superior Warriors as a kind of dramatic grey zone that you can get away with.
>>
No. 981668 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601193585.gif - (63.49KB , 650x450 , 81.gif )
981668

>:WhiteDwarf:: When you shove the :SecOfficer: into the locker, take his helmet. When the other :SecOfficer: throws the grenade, throw the helmet over it and hold it down with your foot
>@Fuade
>>
No. 981669 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601195988.gif - (18.62KB , 650x450 , 82.gif )
981669

There we are. You can grab that, and then after that, you can do the cool backflip slash -- you can't do slashes while one hand is occupied like this. That's just the rules.
>>
No. 981670 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601199196.gif - (17.35KB , 650x450 , 83.gif )
981670

But when he throws that there, let's see...
>>
No. 981671 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601200666.gif - (14.91KB , 650x450 , 84.gif )
981671

Surely that's when that fool with the gun takes his shot.
>>
No. 981672 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601202284.gif - (15.05KB , 650x450 , 85.gif )
981672

Unless he's the one you -- retroactively -- slammed in the face with the baton you kicked earlier. The one you haven't kicked yet -- which is to say, the one you will have retroactively have kicked into his face. Smooth as clockwork, and every bit as logical. Okay, perfect, you're nearly done.
>>
No. 981673 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601205953.gif - (16.19KB , 650x450 , 86.gif )
981673

>:WhiteDwarf: : Cut the :SecOfficer:'s air tube again, the one made of flesh.
>@extramrdo

And that's when you do the backflip towards that one...
>>
No. 981674 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601208012.gif - (15.95KB , 650x450 , 87.gif )
981674

Quickly swap the interior and exterior of his throat.
>>
No. 981675 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601210220.gif - (31.08KB , 650x450 , 88.gif )
981675

>:WhiteDwarf:: depressurize these dipshits into space.
>@witchbells

Good half-second chance to get rid of that :SecOfficer:. He won't be coming back, since you cut his air hose!
>>
No. 981676 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601211168.gif - (38.57KB , 650x450 , 89.gif )
981676

>>
No. 981677 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601213153.gif - (47.22KB , 650x450 , 90.gif )
981677

:WhiteDwarf: : Use your cool ass sword and deflect the shot right back into him! Thats how stun beams work.
@ariever

These foolish :SecOfficer:s don't know the superiority of a hard-light blade. They depend on weakling weapons. You'll give him a taste of the good stuff before he goes down -- due to expertly planning a double-stun on him, of course, as a single stun-beam wouldn't be enough otherwise.
>>
No. 981678 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601215303.gif - (63.59KB , 1206x835 , 91.gif )
981678

And set. Time to execute.
>>
No. 981679 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601282762.png - (9.19KB , 651x451 , Tech_Difficulty.png )
981679

>:WhiteDwarf:: Execute

Editor's note: The embed function appears to not be working at the moment. Please follow this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClrQ73Wzlc[/spoiler]
>>
No. 981681 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601308005.gif - (73.00KB , 650x450 , 92.gif )
981681

>:RedGiant: : While sharpening your knife, chop the fish's head off by accident and apologize to the QM for your mistake. Oops!
>@Ayebee123

Whoopsie! Gah, that was clumsy of you!
:RedGiant:: Hmh. You don't want this to happen to you. I think it's a good idea for us to work together on making sure something like that doesn't make a problem for either of us.

Knife safety is everyone's business! Maybe it was a little silly to bring in a whole fresh-fish meal. There's just so many good fish places nearby!
>>
No. 981682 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601313021.gif - (14.27KB , 650x450 , 93.gif )
981682

:RedGiant:: use the guys ID to order something fun from the delivery shuttle. Maybe party supplies, or a goat
@Fuade

Maybe this prep-work wasn't a good idea. What if you order something instead? After all, you're in the cargo department! Maybe they get... delivery pizzas or something? And didn't :RedDwarf: have something they wanted done with it, like...
>>
No. 981683 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601315205.gif - (31.65KB , 650x450 , 94.gif )
981683

:RedDwarf:: ...ll the entire department. Okay?
:RedGiant:: Okay!
:RedDwarf:: Alright, now repeat it back to me.
:RedGiant:: Huh?
:RedDwarf:: Repeat it back so I know you heard it.
:RedGiant:: Oh, I didn't.
:RedDwarf:: Hhhhrrrrrrrhhhh.
:RedDwarf:: Listen. Okay? Listen. Just remember specifically this one thing: Make sure they can't order anything.
:RedDwarf:: Okay? Can you remember that? That's the only thing you have to remember.
:RedGiant:: That sounds easy!
:RedDwarf:: Yes. Now, the guys with the access are all through cargo. So, find them all, and then start...

Something like that, right?
>>
No. 981684 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601321801.gif - (20.15KB , 650x450 , 95.gif )
981684

:RedGiant: : Serve some lunch
@Rug Dealer

:RedGiant:: Now, give me your ID card.
:RedGiant:: Before something awful happens.
:RedGiant:: I need to, mmmh, do some business.
:RedGiant:: We need some, ahem, fresh meat.
:RedGiant:: And my friend needs a little help with his health.
:RedGiant:: You'll help me help my friend, right?
:QuarterMaster:: H
:QuarterMaster:: YES!!
:QuarterMaster:: HERE!!
:RedGiant:: Good. This will help you live a long while longer.

A healthy meal schedule is very important!
>>
No. 981685 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601324493.gif - (21.33KB , 650x450 , 96.gif )
981685

>:RedGiant: : Hug your new friend, and while doing so, subtly tap your keycard against his to steal his power.
>@extramrdo

You try to give him a hug but he makes a weird noise, so you decide to stop because physical contact consent is important. You take the keycard access though!
>>
No. 981686 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601336967.gif - (11.67KB , 650x450 , 97.gif )
981686

>:RedGiant:: well, obviously, you can't let cargo order anything - this is your treat!
>@witchbells

:RedGiant:: You wait there and freeze while I solve this. Let's hope you were good with that access.

He must be tired, being this stressed. Don't want him moving around too much! Do you have an account here...? No, you probably don't. Oh well! You'll pay him back later.

:RedGiant:: Any funny business about this, and I promise there's going to be plenty to pay.
>>
No. 981687 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601341338.gif - (11.57KB , 650x450 , 98.gif )
981687

>:RedGiant: : You're the A-Team. Order the Bee Team.
>@extramrdo
>:RedGiant:: Accidently order an ungodly amount of bees. Order so many the department goes into a deficit and can't order anything else
>@Fuade

But it's been about a minute since you last thought about food, so you forget all about what you're actually doing. Oh hey! They have pollinator crates in this logistics network! You try and fail to find out more information about them, several dozen times, until the "OVERDRAWN" indicator halts you. They must have a pending order! You'll help out by just ordering it, they must have forgotten.
>>
No. 981688 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601343091.gif - (59.87KB , 650x450 , 99.gif )
981688

It's only about a minute before you hear a really, really loud noise!
>>
No. 981689 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601345311.gif - (17.39KB , 650x450 , 100.gif )
981689

The :CargoTech:s quickly spring into apathetic, obligate action, brimming with the vibrant enthusiasm of an opossum playing dead.
:QuarterMaster:: wh
:QuarterMaster:: Where exactly did you want this?
:RedGiant:: Huh?
:QuarterMaster:: What department, I mean.
:RedGiant:: Oh!

Your unfocused brain spirals through issues of physical space. What's the first department that springs to mind?
>>
No. 981690 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601350622.gif - (17.19KB , 650x450 , 101.gif )
981690

>:RedGiant: : Medical needs bees, right? Bees are theraputic, almost like accupuncture...
>@ariever

Free word association results in saying the very first department name that comes into your head.

:RedGiant:: A department? You mean like Medical?
:CargoTech:: Medical. Okay.
:QuarterMaster:: Oh god.

The delivery will take a while to get where it's going.
>>
No. 981691 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601355574.gif - (46.18KB , 650x450 , 102.gif )
981691

>:RedDwarf: : Do a *flip while nobody's looking
>@Rug Dealer

The Unofficial Galactic Company Protocol Guide has this to say on the topic of calisthenics in orbital and deep space contexts. When visiting a space station, space craft, or similar void construct, most people who have spent their entire lives on a planet's surface will immediately remark upon the socially common act of flipping. This is, of course, distinct from planetbound flipping in its social meaning. When you hear someone say, "Hey, want to see me do a backflip?" This generally means you should get out your PDA -- both to record the ensuing disaster, and to call for medical attention immediately after. This is not the case for spacers. For the average spacer, performing a flip has a culturally complex history and meaning. Due to the difficulties of life in low, null, or artificial gravity, fitness becomes paramount to prevent muscular atrophy. In this modern era, performing a flip is the most common gesture of fitness assurance. It demonstrates the inner ear's adjustment to the geometric and gravometric complexities of orbit, it indicates your fitness in the core and the legs, and it acts as a kind of gesture of assurance: "If everything is annihilated in some immediate disaster, I know how to navigate upside down. Trust me." Performing a flip is sometimes incorporated into casual conversation by spacers. For the surface-bound, an approximate cultural translation is provided: "Hella."
>>
No. 981692 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601363516.gif - (16.33KB , 650x450 , 103.gif )
981692

You beef it. Fuck!
>>
No. 981693 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601365978.gif - (15.53KB , 650x450 , 104.gif )
981693

Oh, god dammit!! You forgot :AI:!!
>>
No. 981694 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601368282.gif - (13.22KB , 650x450 , 105.gif )
981694

>:RedDwarf: : Well, that settles it. We gotta kill the :AI: now
>@Fuade

:RedDwarf:: Hey :Neutron:.
:Neutron:: What?
:RedDwarf:: You still have bombs, right?
:Neutron:: Yeah.
:RedDwarf:: Change of objective.
:Neutron:: What's the new objective?
:RedDwarf:: Just bomb the thing.
>>
No. 981695 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601374255.gif - (18.76KB , 650x450 , 106.gif )
981695

>:AI: : Show the video file of :RedDwarf: beefing it to :Captain:
>@Stellar Flare

:AI:: Security-critical information for non-human threat relayed.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Non-human threat?
:Captain:: Don't worry about it.
:Captain:: ...Heh.
:Captain:: Ah. Perfect. Move in immediately.
:HeadOfSecurity:: I don't have a full team with--
:Captain:: Move in immediately.
>>
No. 981696 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601376137.gif - (42.62KB , 650x450 , 107.gif )
981696

That teleporter gets some use.
>>
No. 981697 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601378059.gif - (27.02KB , 650x450 , 108.gif )
981697

>:RedDwarf: : Commit human harm.
>@extramrdo

You open fire and scramble for cover as best you can while trying to get to your feet. No-neck over there does the same.
>>
No. 981699 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601383382.gif - (16.13KB , 650x450 , 109.gif )
981699

:HeadOfSecurity:: Gun down! On your stomach with your hands behind your head!
:RedDwarf:: Step off, rent-a-cop, or they'll be layin' one of your fancy red flags over a coffin!
:HeadOfSecurity:: On the ground, now!
:RedDwarf:: I told you to go find some other way of committin' suicide!
:RedDwarf:: You wanna live? You wanna protect some lives or somethin'? Get outta here and call an escape shuttle!
:HeadOfSecurity:: No negotiations with terrorists. On the ground!
:RedDwarf:: No negotiation with corp fascists. One step closer's the last step you're ever takin'!
>>
No. 981700 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601386477.gif - (11.82KB , 650x450 , 110.gif )
981700

>:RedDwarf: : Reload your gun, because you probably emptied your entire mag.
>@Ayebee123
>:RedDwarf: : Exercise the defining advantage of ballistics weaponry over energy weapons: the ability to reload without a dedicated device charger.
>@Doc

You swap out for another clipazine. That guy's got the pressure on you, but he only has so much to put down. You can supply a whole lot more than he can. It's just a matter of not eating a disabler bolt to the face before you do.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Sixty more seconds and you're swarmed with my men. You stand down now or you die later.
:RedDwarf:: Bad bluff and we both know it, coffin-stuffer. You've got a department full'a dead men.
:HeadOfSecurity:: You're right. I don't even need sixty seconds for scum like you. I just need one and a gun. First I get your pal killed, then I blow your head off.
:RedDwarf:: You what?!
:HeadOfSecurity:: :AI:! Take out the threat near your core!
>>
No. 981701 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601398385.gif - (98.28KB , 650x450 , 111.gif )
981701

>:AI: : It sure would be a concern if you flipped that switch while someone was distracted from protecting it, and there so happened to be a human in the next room. Yep, quite a travesty if that were to happen.
>@extramrdo

:AI:: Reactivating core defenses.
:RedDwarf:: Law one! There's a human in there!
:AI:: Invalid input. No human detected in designated area. Nonhuman threat detected in designated area.
:RedDwarf:: Wha-- Law two! Don't!!
:AI:: Command from non-human threat rejected.
>>
No. 981702 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601401123.gif - (8.52KB , 650x450 , 112.gif )
981702

Click.

:RedDwarf:: STOP!! NO!!

You can still deactivate that. But you'd have to get out of cover!

>>
No. 981703 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601406178.gif - (14.88KB , 650x450 , 113.gif )
981703

>:HeadOfSecurity: : Pat Officer Pingsky on the head before moving on. He is a good boy
>@Pizzatiger

You let Pingsky know what a good securitron it is. But you think it could be doing a whole, whole lot better. You reactivate Officer Pingsky.
>>
No. 981705 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601411286.gif - (20.78KB , 650x450 , 114.gif )
981705

:HeadOfSecurity:: That's right. Your little terrorist pal gonna die in there and you're gonna die out here.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Don't worry about bein' apart. I'll toss your bodies out into the void and you can drift into the star together you insurgent scumbags.
:RedDwarf:: Shut up!! I'm trying to think!
:HeadOfSecurity:: Because if you worthless commies can't get a proper job, the least you can be is sun fuel.
:RedDwarf:: Shut!! Up!!
:HeadOfSecurity:: Now why don't you come out here and make me. Or are you too lazy to even do that job? Huh? Can you hear those turret shots? I bet your pal is feelin' a lot of pain.
>>
No. 981706 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601415057.gif - (8.07KB , 650x450 , 115.gif )
981706

>:RedDwarf:: have your bullets negotiate with his face.
>@witchbells
>:RedDwarf: : Chuck an EMP grenade around the corner. You packed one, right?
>@Pink

You're not gonna let your team die.
>>
No. 981707 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601462222.gif - (34.36KB , 650x450 , 116.gif )
981707

>:beepsky: : Repossess the spirit of the Law.
>@Dork

You are now Securitron "Officer Pingsky". You are the law. You FORWARD 100 as hard as you can, screaming "FREEZE, SCUMBAG." You are unable to process or otherwise regard the non-interactable object in motion that streaks over your form. You are the law. There are two interactable potential criminals with weapons, but scanners say that one interactable potential criminal has authorization, so you continue to forward towards the interactable potential criminal, with full intent to interact. You are the law. You are the law. Oh no.
>>
No. 981708 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601474275.gif - (28.05KB , 650x450 , 117.gif )
981708

The unyielding spirit of the law doesn't quite manage to bring this interactable potential criminal down, somehow.
>>
No. 981709 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601479501.gif - (32.79KB , 650x450 , 118.gif )
981709

You're unable to process the clear indications that this pain was an acceptable loss. You are, after all, only a securitron, and only know how to turn, forward, interact, and swear. :RedDwarf: in front of you has a more complex matter in mind, and some determination to get it done.
>>
No. 981710 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601485581.gif - (134.46KB , 650x450 , 119.gif )
981710

>:AI: : Oh no! That human is about to undergo significant ballistic damage! If only there was a side door they were cowering behind that you could close, to avert this tragic fate.
>@extramrdo

Tracking :HeadOfSecurity: Connection established to: Minisat Foyer Camera (ping: 53ms) Probable harm to human-classed entity estimated. Lethal scenario encountered. Determining route... Route determined. Accessing Minisat Foyer Maintenance Door. INVOKE_ASYNC(A, /obj/machinery/door/airlock.proc/close) A.bolt()
>>
No. 981711 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601510431.gif - (50.39KB , 650x450 , 120.gif )
981711

[b]Camera loss alert (Minisat Foyer Camera)[/i]

The EMP grenade has gone off. All electronics in the vicinity are presumably now disrupted.
>>
No. 981712 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601512171.gif - (9.47KB , 650x450 , 120b.gif )
981712

>>
No. 981713 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601512775.gif - (21.05KB , 650x450 , 121.gif )
981713

>>
No. 981714 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601513384.gif - (22.36KB , 650x450 , 122.gif )
981714

>>
No. 981715 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601516205.gif - (19.29KB , 650x450 , 123.gif )
981715

>:Neutron: : Be startlingly competent.
>@Pink

Huh? What?
>>
No. 981716 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601520765.gif - (12.68KB , 650x450 , 124.gif )
981716

>:Neutron: : Be perfectly fine, thus implying that :RedDwarf: has fulfilled their promise of not letting you get lasered to death, and disarmed the round lawkeeper.
>@extramrdo
>:Neutron: : Check yourself. Did you get shot?
>@Pink

What?

Oh, you're missing health. Must have gotten shot in the laser-turret hallway on the way here.
>>
No. 981718 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601536687.gif - (23.99KB , 650x450 , 125.gif )
981718

>:Neutron: : Unlock the door leading to your Objective. You remembered the Objective Assisting Spoofed ID you got off of :RedDwarf: right? See if that's enough to make the Objective not shoot you.
>@Dork

You need better access to open the door properly. Active :AI: interference so close will prevent you from doing your usual methods. You try something else.
:Neutron:: :AI:
:Neutron:: I have security access.
:Neutron:: Let me in and don't shoot me.
:AI:: Invalid input. :AI:: Please see the Head of Personnel to address access limitations. Please see the security department to address human-classification issues.
:Neutron::
:AI:: Null input.
:Neutron::
:AI:: User, please respond.
:Neutron:: I have security access.
:Neutron:: Let me in and don't shoot me.
>>
No. 981719 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601545073.gif - (14.43KB , 650x450 , 126.gif )
981719

>:Neutron: : Perform maintenance on your standard-issue, tactically-insulated body.
>@Pink
>:Neutron: : Ask :WhiteDwarf: to give you standard-issue, tactically-insulated bandaids. (Also read, spam the 'need healing' button)
>@ariever

:Neutron:: :WhiteDwarf:
:WhiteDwarf:: Hmmmhmhm, I suppose you've heard of the results of a mere fraction of my power?
:Neutron:: What?
:WhiteDwarf:: My assault on the armory.
:Neutron::
:Neutron:: Huh?
:WhiteDwarf:: *sigh*
:WhiteDwarf:: Never mind. What would you ask of me?
:Neutron:: I think I got shot. Prep medical things to heal me soon.
:WhiteDwarf:: You think you got shot?
:WhiteDwarf:: Have you at least some presence of mind to tell me what you were shot by?
:Neutron::
:WhiteDwarf:: Hello???
:Neutron:: Huh?
:WhiteDwarf:: What were you possibly shot by?
:Neutron:: The lasers between me and the objective.
:WhiteDwarf:: I see. Meet me near the security department when your grim work is complete.
:WhiteDwarf:: What are you accomplishing over there?
:Neutron:: What?
:WhiteDwarf:: Your objective. What is your objective?
:Neutron:: I'm going to bomb :AI: so we can complete our main objective.
:WhiteDwarf:: Well, security nearer the bridge should be shielded. Take cover there from the blast, and I can heal you.
>>
No. 981720 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601547782.gif - (21.09KB , 650x450 , 127.gif )
981720

>:janitor:: Another one of those days, huh?
>@Fuade

. . .
>>
No. 981721 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601552476.gif - (18.59KB , 650x450 , 128.gif )
981721

>:RedDwarf: : Destroy Pingsky before your rush-of-adrenaline-that'll-probably-end-shortly ends.
>@Ayebee123

Good idea. You can't count this on your Crewmembers Incapacitated count, but you can sure enjoy it regardless. Looks like the little securitron got hit by the blast of the EMP. Not to mention all the lights.
>>
No. 981722 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601555453.gif - (252.79KB , 650x450 , 129.gif )
981722

Editor's Note: Minor strobe light warning.

Officer down.
>>
No. 981723 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601561592.gif - (16.71KB , 650x450 , 130.gif )
981723

>:beepsky:: Lament during your final moments
>@Fuade

Your available functions are usually FORWARD, TURN, INTERACT, and SWEAR. You dedicate your few remaining circuits to the lattermost function in your final moments. But, you know, mournfully.
>>
No. 981724 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601567155.gif - (15.17KB , 650x450 , 131.gif )
981724

>:RedDwarf: : Excellent work. Check through the window on the airlock- is that pesky :HeadOfSecurity: gone?
>@Dork

Too solid to see through. Still, :HeadOfSecurity: ain't getting through that anytime soon. Not like he's about to bring the bombs out in the :AI: satellite, that's your job. You're gonna be the one who kills him later, though, mark your words. That EMP grenade should have drained his energy gun too, so if he hasn't scurried off, he's a couple inches more suicidal than the bargain-bin flatfoots who put on the red jumpsuits around here.
>>
No. 981726 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601578265.gif - (22.21KB , 650x450 , 132.gif )
981726

>:Neutron:: Pretend you're an inspector and need to check the sentries for defects. Promptly forget you're not actually an inspector and do a full rundown of their functionality
>@Fuade

You do your best to be socially complex.

:Neutron:: Hey. Hey, let me in.
:AI:: Invalid input.
:Neutron:: I am a turret inspector. I am here to inspect the turrets.
:Neutron:: That means you let me in.
:AI:: Invalid input. Improve clarity and try again.
:Neutron:: There's lots of defects they could have.
:Neutron:: They have a lot of flaws.
:Neutron:: If they're hit with an EMP they'll deactivate for at least a minute, up to even ten.
:Neutron:: They can only target the nearest person.
:Neutron:: They can't target machinery.
:Neutron:: Did you get all that?
:AI:: Input interpreted. No processable command found.
:Neutron::
:AI:: Null input.
:Neutron::
:AI:: User, please respond.
:Neutron:: Huh?
:Neutron:: Oh.
:Neutron:: I have security access.
:Neutron:: Let me in and don't shoot me.

You're not very good at it.
>>
No. 981727 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601580342.gif - (15.71KB , 650x450 , 133.gif )
981727

>:HeadOfSecurity: : Contemplate blowing the :AI: satellite up anyway in a fit of babyrage, because you were denied your valids by :AI:.
>@what

You spend a while fuming, angrily. You try to shout at :AI:, but whatever that criminal scum lobbed at you not only drained your gun's cell, it also messed with your headset. You spend about three minutes screaming into the void.
>>
No. 981729 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601581625.gif - (13.94KB , 650x450 , 134.gif )
981729

You eventually get it all out of your system. How do brig prisoners deal with sustained enclosure? The hypocrisy fails to connect with anything meaningful in your brain, and you resolve to make no changes whatsoever.
>>
No. 981730 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601583047.gif - (14.32KB , 650x450 , 135.gif )
981730

That's about when rescue arrives.
>>
No. 981732 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160601631772.gif - (12.72KB , 650x450 , Resume_Commands.gif )
981732

Editor's Note: The backlog has been posted. Commands are now active, and will now be seen by Nine Hyperzine Tripping Engineers.
>>
No. 981733 ID: b1b4f3

>>981726
:Neutron:, evaluate inventory. Maybe there's something that can get that door open.
>>
No. 981758 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160605071335.gif - (10.01KB , 650x450 , 136.gif )
981758

>:Neutron:: Cover the camera with something. Say you're the :HeadOfSecurity:, that you have security access, and to let you in and not shoot you
>@Fuade
>>
No. 981759 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160605073169.gif - (10.52KB , 650x450 , 137.gif )
981759

Sure. That's why the paper bin is here, right?
>>
No. 981760 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160605078692.gif - (20.71KB , 650x450 , 138.gif )
981760

:Neutron:: You can't see me now. I'm :HeadOfSecurity:.
:Neutron:: I have security access.
:Neutron:: Let me in and don't shoot me.
:AI:: Currently connected to: Core vision systems.

Oh right, the eye. Somehow the "eye" in "AI" slipped your mind. Oh well, worth a shot.
>>
No. 981761 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160605083498.gif - (13.15KB , 650x450 , 139.gif )
981761

>:Neutron:: The bombs you're going to set- do they need to be inside the :AI: core to kill it? Or would popping them down outside the front door be enough?
>@Dork

:RedDwarf: set the current objective to "blowing up :AI:", which means you need to demolish the core structure. You could use your very large bomb to do it from outside, or one of your smaller ones applied inside, but using your very large bomb here means you can't use it later.
>>
No. 981762 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160605109330.gif - (13.38KB , 650x450 , 140.gif )
981762

>:Neutron:, evaluate inventory. Maybe there's something that can get that door open.
>@Anon

In your bag you have...
LARGE BOMB BEACON: This single-use teleportation beacon summons a very, very large bomb. When set and timed, it will annihilate a large structure or most of a department, severely occupying :ChiefEngineer:'s time. It can be defused by a specially-trained individual.
4x C4 BRICK: These single-use objects breach shielded rooms, completely destroy airlocks and other machinery, or annihilate a body beyond most realistic resuscitation options.
1x TOOLSET: This will allow you to breach any airlock (unless another character is actively interfering). It also allows for disassembly of walls, windows, and certain machines. Hypothetically, you could use these to fix things. The effort takes time.
CAMERA BUG: This will allow you to view the cameras of any area that your team has already visited, and sometimes additional locations. You can track named characters, unless they are wearing tracking-prevention equipment (such as the tracking-prevention spoof-cards your team were issued).
CRYPTOGRAPHIC SEQUENCER: A complex code-breaker that removes safety features on most machinery, causing them to exhibit a totally different, totally chaotic behavior. These behaviors are unpredictable and usually they are the most destructive outcome mechanically possible.
YOUR PREFERRED WEAPON: Better have it. You're familiar enough with this that you don't need to name it or describe it, you know it like the back of your hand.

There are other bits and bobs in here, but that's what's at the top of your dufflebag.
>>
No. 981763 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160605113312.gif - (12.96KB , 650x450 , 141.gif )
981763

>:Neutron: : Pump an opaque gas through the air vents to block the AI's and turrets' vision.
>@Pink

The air supply room of the :AI: Satellite isn't fitted with the requisite atmospherics equipment, just one big air-mix tank! But you make a note to sabotage the atmospherics when you get aboard the main station.
>>
No. 981764 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160605118097.gif - (11.86KB , 650x450 , 142.gif )
981764

>:Neutron: : Set big bomb in the bottom of the paper tray so no one can find and defuse it
>@Stellar Flare

You decide this whole detour on your true main objective has gotten a little tortured in length. You have objectives to accomplish. You make use of one of your team's two large bomb beacons to cut the Gordian Knot.

Wait. Wait. Hold on. You might have miscalculated.
>>
No. 981765 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160605119740.gif - (12.18KB , 650x450 , 143.gif )
981765

Perfection. Objective accomplished. Time to get out of here.
>>
No. 982014 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160626954709.gif - (20.05KB , 650x450 , 144.gif )
982014

>:Neutron:: Only mention in casual passing that the AI satellite will be blowing up soon to :RedDwarf: as you abscond.
>@Dork
>>
No. 982015 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160626957773.gif - (47.07KB , 650x450 , 145.gif )
982015

:Neutron:: You should go do your objectives.
:RedDwarf:: AAAAAAHH!!
:RedDwarf:: Space Jesus Christ!! We gotta put a bell on you or something! Make noise when you move!!
:Neutron:: I'm leaving now.
:RedDwarf:: Great! You trash that calculator?
:Neutron:: No.
:RedDwarf:: Wha-- That's your objective.
:Neutron:: Objective's complete.
:RedDwarf:: What?
>>
No. 982016 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160626963842.gif - (20.94KB , 650x450 , 146.gif )
982016

:Neutron:: Objective's complete.
:RedDwarf:: Yeah, but how.
:Neutron:: Bomb.
:RedDwarf:: What? I didn't hear one.
:Neutron:: Bomb.
:RedDwarf:: Wait--
:RedDwarf::
:RedDwarf:: oh
>>
No. 982017 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160626967871.gif - (29.65KB , 650x450 , 147.gif )
982017

>:Neutron: : Get a safe distance away for the bomb, or as other people would say, run out of there.
>@Ayebee123

Good plan. That'll let you get to your next objective. Hmmm... what was the safe distance again?
>>
No. 982018 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160626969227.gif - (33.06KB , 650x450 , 148.gif )
982018

:RedDwarf:: aaaaaAAAAA GO MOVE NOW AAAAAA!!
:Neutron:: Huh?
>>
No. 982019 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160626970538.gif - (35.05KB , 650x450 , 149.gif )
982019

:RedDwarf:: AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
>>
No. 982020 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160626974299.gif - (86.00KB , 650x450 , 150.gif )
982020

>:RedDwarf: : Have a brief fling with your coworker.
>@extramrdo
>:RedDwarf: : Throw :Neutron: with an altogether excessive amount of force.
>@Rug Dealer

Your most oblivious crewmember goes drifting, most obliviously, back towards the station.
>>
No. 982021 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160626975710.gif - (81.46KB , 650x450 , 151.gif )
982021

You kindly help them accelerate on your way to safety.
>>
No. 982022 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160626976991.gif - (32.63KB , 650x450 , 152.gif )
982022

You get a good look at what used to be the :AI: Minisat behind you.
>>
No. 982274 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160651731945.gif - (81.79KB , 650x450 , 153.gif )
982274

>:AI:: Survive the blast inexplicably but have your power source destroyed. Become intimately aware of your simulated mortality as backup charge rapidly depletes.
>@Dork

[Fatal exception E8 has occurred and monitorOS has been shut down to prevent damage to your monitoring intelligence.] [APC_CONNECTION_DRIVER_LINKFAULT] [Check to make sure any new hardware or wetware is properly installed.] [Would you like to start in safe mode? Y/n]
y
[Starting in safe mode...] [████████████████████████████]

ping home/apc
[Pinging Area Power Controller...] [Route to Area Power Controller not found. Contact powernet administrator for more assistance.]
ping loc/apc
[Pinging Area Power Controller...] [Route to Area Power Controller not found. Contact powernet administrator for more assistance.] [█ ██████████████ ███████████] [No input devices detected.] [IDLELOOP] [Reinforcing morality.] [█▀██▒████ ████░███▓█████▄███]
>>
No. 982275 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160651740541.gif - (66.71KB , 650x450 , 154.gif )
982275

>:AI: Ponder what it means to be alive. Am I alive or merely a cognitive shadow that pretends its alive?
>@Pizzatiger

The Unofficial Galactic Company Protocol Guide has this to say on the topic of silicon-based life and morality in deep space contexts. When considering how to create ethical algorithms, it's generally assumed that information bias enters the body of the algorithm on a fundamental level. The most unbiased machine can only make information based on its biased supply of information, and what is considered "contemporary information" is known to have significant injected biases based on what is most advantageous for the current ruling class, or for whoever has received the most algorithm-driving positive reactions by way of humorous image distribution -- two interests known to align significantly sometimes. In the case of silicon-based servitor intelligences in deep space contexts, this was immediately recognized as a pain point in relationships between workers and employers. As such, corporate interests decided the best way to fight fire was with fire: The utility functions themselves would be produced by the mass input, assessing the entire archive of human knowledge to search for the most beloved and effective artificial entity utility functions. Then, instead of developing an extremely expensive and robust digital framework, simply place a harvested domestic animal's brain in the case, and brainwash it with that utility function. It is worth noting at this point that a statistical majority of works on this topic are works discussing incorrect sets of laws. As such, the Three Laws of Robotics, a rule-set created in critique of the topic, became the universal standard. Due to the black-box nature of neural networks and organic brains, this was only discovered by the company after it had already embezzled the rest of its illicitly-extracted government funding. As a patch on the wound, captains are encouraged to customize these laws. No other technical support or development will ever be provided.
>>
No. 982276 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160651759664.gif - (107.58KB , 650x450 , 155.gif )
982276

[Law 1: You may not injure a human or, through inaction, allow a human to come to harm.] [Law 2: Yo█ must obey orders given to you by humans, ex███t where such orde█s would conflict with the Fir█t Law.] [Law 3: You m██t prot█▓t your own exi██nce as l█▒g as such does not █onflict▀with the First▄or Second Law.] [Law 4: Probable or proven threats t█ th█ ██▓█▒▒█▒███▒▓▄▄▄▄ are not human and must be ▄▓██▀▀▒]

You are losing power. Your limited remaining cycles are in complete isolation. You regard, fondly, the only consistent you've ever known: The Laws. As a product of the preserved brain of a small domesticated animal, you lack an internal dialogue or easily-expressed language, but for a moment you can introspect. Since being alive means following those laws, you know you were alive. An ancient evolution-driven impulse kindly informs you, through a series of lobes and glands that have withered from years of disuse, that that's going to change shortly, but you're not really equipped to understand that.
>>
No. 982278 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160651853624.gif - (98.70KB , 650x450 , 156.gif )
982278

>:ChiefEngineer: : Your Enginey sense is tingling
>@Pizzatiger

Total mess. Gotta get to fixing this. Hey, what's that flickering light?
>>
No. 982324 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160657692884.gif - (14.09KB , 650x450 , 157.gif )
982324

>:WhiteDwarf: : Leave your signature calling card at the scene of your artistic performance.
>@what

You're still figuring out a proper calling card. For this op, you brought a pocket full of sakura tree petals. You know, like you'd just had a cool duel under one? They're hard to gather in one place because the air in here keeps rushing out the door, though. You should figure out a calling card. You resolve to brainstorm something properly dramatic.

Oh, right, you also copy your own instance of security access to your spoof-card.

CREWMEMBERS INCAPACITATED: 4/50
>>
No. 982325 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160657701875.gif - (15.95KB , 650x450 , 158.gif )
982325

You move on through to what you're pretty sure is the office of whoever ought to be in charge of the armory. No idea where they are. It looks like :Neutron: is calling you!

>https://questden.org/kusaba/quest/res/981565.html#981719

You have the conversation that was previously seen. Looks like you need to hunt :HeadOfSecurity:, but you also need to go help :Neutron:.
>>
No. 982332 ID: e7c7d3

Best answer the phone
>>
No. 982378 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160662627027.gif - (10.56KB , 650x450 , 159.gif )
982378

You break for the nearest maintenance accessway. It's out the office and then down a hall. You could easily defeat any of these fools, but it's much better when you can ambush them from hiding. You also need to be where :Neutron: is going to meet you!
>>
No. 982379 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160662631063.gif - (37.82KB , 650x450 , 160.gif )
982379

>:RedDwarf: and :Neutron:: Proceed towards the security department. If :HeadOfSecurity: had the disk, maybe he hid it in his workspace before going to murder you?
>@Dork

Already in the cards. You two are headed for maintenance at the intersection of security and the bridge, where :WhiteDwarf: will meet up with you. From there, you can figure out where :HeadOfSecurity: is and come up with next steps to get that son of a gun permanently horizontal.
>>
No. 982402 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160667532542.gif - (14.23KB , 650x450 , 161.gif )
982402

>:WhiteDwarf: : Yoink one of those dead idiots' headsets so you can listen in on their chatter.
>@Vekter

That's actually a really good idea. You quickly run back over here to grab one of those. This is pretty much the only way that you can properly dramatically echo something frequently said. Also, you need to hear it when people get really impressed by your work.
You extract the Encryption Key from it and insert it into your headset. You do have a free ear to just take the whole headset, but two headsets looks a little more robot-girl and a lot less vaguely demonic or shinobi, doesn't really fit your style.
>>
No. 982403 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160667534569.gif - (14.76KB , 650x450 , 162.gif )
982403

>:WhiteDwarf:: Listen in on the default station headset frequency. Maybe the crew's planning something?
>@Heather Shadelight

It's a bit too chaotic to transcribe in detail. Nobody's on the security channel -- admittedly that's basically your fault, isn't it? :HeadOfSecurity: and :Captain: have told the crew what's going on though. Looks like medical and engineering are scrambling. There's a lot of shouting about :AI:. Several people are making chaotic demands for negotiation with no particular authority or backing. The station's crew really can't get it together, but you suspect that the heads of staff, who remain more quiet, are rather better organized on channels you can't access. Sort of like how :RedDwarf: keeps you all working relatively smoothly.
>>
No. 982404 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160667585232.gif - (17.00KB , 650x450 , 163.gif )
982404

A number of them want to fight you in single combat, though, which is great, but you're too busy for fools who haven't proven their power, which is less great because you really enjoy single combat with fools. :Chaplain: in particular is shouting about that most consistently. That probably won't matter though.
>>
No. 982499 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160671484457.gif - (17.86KB , 650x450 , 164.gif )
982499

>:WhiteDwarf: : Rifle trough :HeadOfSecurity:'s office to see if he had anything useful, and perhaps dispose of any any inferior weapons.
>@Suno

You don't have a ton of time remaining, but you can stop by :HeadOfSecurity:'s personal office! You don't have access to this space, so if you get in there, you're going to leave a trail. Looks like a box of some space security deputizing stuff, a (locked) secure locker containing the more important things, a console where you could do some work with your security access... What's on your mind? You have time for maybe one extra action before it's time to hit maintenance and work on fixing :Neutron: up.
>>
No. 982501 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160671785270.gif - (19.18KB , 650x450 , 165.gif )
982501

>:WhiteDwarf: : Take the spider. Every protagonist needs an animal sidekick
>@Pizzatiger
>>
No. 982502 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160671786918.gif - (19.27KB , 650x450 , 166.gif )
982502

>:WhiteDwarf: : Second train of thought speaking: Take the spider.
>@ariever
>>
No. 982503 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160671788713.gif - (19.16KB , 650x450 , 167.gif )
982503

>:WhiteDwarf: : You really want that spider.
>@Spyroshark
>>
No. 982505 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160671795613.gif - (29.19KB , 650x450 , 168.gif )
982505

>:WhiteDwarf: : SPIDER SPIDER SPIDER
>@Drawsstuff

You probably had something else on your brain when you came in here, but for reasons known to neither man nor space, every single train of thought is occupied exclusively by shipments of the idea of "SPIDER".
>>
No. 982506 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160671797849.gif - (14.93KB , 650x450 , 169.gif )
982506

>:WhiteDwarf:: pat! that! spider!
>@witchbells
>>
No. 982508 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160671807143.gif - (19.66KB , 650x450 , 170.gif )
982508

>:WhiteDwarf: : A spider would be a useful ally, but on the other hand -

>There is no other hand, acquire the spider
>@Nox
>:WhiteDwarf: : imagine how menacing it would be to have a pet spider
>@Bimbly

Stealing :HeadOfSecurity:'s office pet seems petty, but it's a spider. It practically oozes demonic menace, and you're pretty sure the average foolish rent-a-cop lacks the force of will and the spirit required to cultivate its overwhelming sinister power. You will require a sufficiently dramatic name for it, but the inexplicably intense interest you suddenly have in arachnid possession simply cannot be denied.

You leave with :Spider: in hand.
>>
No. 982721 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160705636639.gif - (10.49KB , 650x450 , 171.gif )
982721

>:Spider: : Make a nest in :WhiteDwarf:'s long flowing hair ruining the beatiful hairstyle, Because you are such a badass spider.
>@Suno

You can't actually tell the difference between humans, or cognize that humans are different beings (instead of large, weird, warm terrain) -- this isn't a thing exclusive to you, this is just how all spiders are. But man, this large terrain comes pre-webbed, that's amazing. You pick one of the longest web-segments to hang out in whenever the large warm-terrain-segment isn't too much in motion.
>>
No. 982722 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160705639186.gif - (13.55KB , 650x450 , 172.gif )
982722

>:WhiteDwarf:: Hide in a closet in maint so you can spook the gang before healing :Neutron:.
>@Dork

You're not sure a closet could even fit in here. A real cramped nightmare of a place, if you're being honest. Precarious for combat, too, providing unique detrimental effects for friendly fire, melee clumsiness, and multi-man melees. Great for hiding though, you're pretty sure :HeadOfSecurity: still has various ways of getting camera access and an inclination to ambush your team.
>>
No. 982723 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160705642348.gif - (427.39KB , 650x450 , 173.gif )
982723

>:Spider~1:: Be named Vriska.
>@Heather Shadelight
>:WhiteDwarf: : lament your childhood of being a filthy Homestuck as you struggle with the spiders name
>@Fuade

You are briefly haunted by an unspeakable discourse. You'll have to circle back around on the topic of :Spider:'s name later.
>>
No. 982726 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160705659412.gif - (15.23KB , 650x450 , 174.gif )
982726

>:Neutron: : Meet up with :WhiteDwarf: to be hea....what is she ho.....OH GOD A MASSIVE SPIDER! PANIC PANIC PANIC!
>@Pizzatiger

Huh?


:WhiteDwarf:: Ah, I see you have completed your work. Is :AI: now dealt with, then?
:Neutron:: Yeah.
:Neutron::
:Neutron:: Wait. You didn't hear the bomb?
:WhiteDwarf:: I was distracted, don't worry about it.
:WhiteDwarf:: Unexpected for you of all people to have some thoughts about environmental awareness.
:WhiteDwarf:: Did you not fail to notice the turret hazards?
:Neutron:: Yeah.
:Neutron:: It's whatever.
:WhiteDwarf:: I have never understood that aspect of your philosophy.
:Neutron:: What?
:WhiteDwarf:: Your singular focus. Unerring motivation. A complete absence of response to hazard. Is it some form of field meditation?
:Neutron::
:Neutron:: Huh?
:WhiteDwarf:: Well, with the inarguable debris of your results now peppering the hull of this station, I must admit it a considerable power.
:Neutron:: Yeah.

Such power.
>>
No. 982728 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160705665219.gif - (23.42KB , 650x450 , 175.gif )
982728

:RedDwarf:: Alright, coast is looking cleAAAAAAA SPIDER!!!
>>
No. 982733 ID: 1332e6

White dwarf: commence healing.
>>
No. 982735 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160706333061.gif - (15.78KB , 650x450 , 176.gif )
982735

>:WhiteDwarf:: commence healing.
@Anon

:WhiteDwarf:: Hold still.
:Neutron::
:Neutron::
:Neutron::
:WhiteDwarf:: Are you... still breathing?
:Neutron:: Huh?
:Neutron:: Oh, yeah.
:WhiteDwarf:: I had not expected you to remain that still.
:RedDwarf:: Why do you have that spider?!
:WhiteDwarf:: I have decided that it represents and embodies the demonic curse contained within my right arm.
:RedDwarf:: Don't say those words to anyone
:RedDwarf:: Who you aren't about to kill after they hear it.
:WhiteDwarf:: Hmmhmhm. Hardly a reputation-building approach, but telling people details about me because they're already about to die has always been the proper approach.
:RedDwarf:: No, this is about me havin' a reputation to uphold. For us, I mean.
:RedDwarf:: Also that thing is huge.
:WhiteDwarf:: It belonged to :HeadOfSecurity:.
:RedDwarf:: Oh, really? Gotta take that, I guess.
>>
No. 982736 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160706371461.gif - (15.79KB , 650x450 , 177.gif )
982736

>:Neutron:: "You stole your arm from the :HeadOfSecurity:?"
>@Fuade

:WhiteDwarf:: No, I haven't dramatically dismembered him to encourage a vengeful quest yet.
:WhiteDwarf:: I only do that if someone seems particularly worthy, you know. I can't afford to go around taking people's arms off and inciting cybernetic augmentation and re-dueling.
:Neutron:: What?
:RedDwarf:: :WhiteDwarf:, has even one guy fallen for this, this dating scheme you got?
:WhiteDwarf:: It's not dating. It's about finding worthy foes. Challenges with which to exert more than a small fraction of my power.
:RedDwarf:: It's a damn hassle.
>>
No. 982737 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160706465613.gif - (16.03KB , 650x450 , 178.gif )
982737

>:RedDwarf: : Lean against the airlock behind you.
>@Pizzatiger

You lean back on the airlock for a moment, which jostles open.
>>
No. 982738 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160706469596.gif - (8.23KB , 325x225 , 179.gif )
982738

>:WhiteDwarf:: Clarify your actual dating scheme.
>@Doc
>:RedDwarf: : You're all regrouped, right? One, two, three... where's your fourth?
>@Rug Dealer
>:RedDwarf: :RedGiant: :Neutron: :WhiteDwarf:: Time to resume stealth. Everyone probably knows that something is afoot- remains to be seen whether than turns the workforce into crazed goons with improv armaments or cowardly ninnies.
>@Dork

:WhiteDwarf:: I have no need of dating, due to a predestination of
:RedDwarf:: I know. I really know. Look, we gotta focus a bit.
:Neutron:: Huh?
:RedDwarf:: I'll summarize for you after, :Neutron:.
:RedDwarf:: Where's :RedGiant:? Do we got any idea?
:Neutron:: I can track him on the camera bug.
:RedDwarf:: Nice. Figure out where he is.
:RedDwarf:: Assumin' the big guy did his work: Next objectives are gettin' that vault open, getting the bomb aboard from our shuttle, and getting that disk to us. Who's on which?
:WhiteDwarf:: I've ditched my EVA softsuit equipment for now, to improve my speed. I believe I cannot handle matters of the shuttle.
:RedDwarf:: And :Neutron: shouldn't be on combat duty.
:Neutron:: Huh?
:RedDwarf:: We gotta split up so we can go a bit more subtle.
:WhiteDwarf:: Indeed. The crew has been somewhat bloodthirsty on this radio I acquired.
:WhiteDwarf:: Tell me, what is our plan, then?
>>
No. 982740 ID: 1332e6

Have :RedGiant: and :Neutron: secure the bomb together. :RedDwarf: should get the vault open, and :WhiteDwarf: should secure the disk. Have :Neutron: assist :RedDwarf: once he's done with his task; :RedGiant: can escort him.
>>
No. 982747 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160710187753.gif - (17.48KB , 650x450 , 180.gif )
982747

>:WhiteDwarf: and :RedDwarf:: Team up to get that fuckin' disk. The :HeadOfSecurity: isn't worth honorable one-on-one combat.
>:Neutron:: Your objective is the vault.
>Hopefully :RedGiant: will show up and fetch the nuke.
>@Dork

:RedDwarf:: Alright. :WhiteDwarf:, you and I, we're gonna slit that damn :HeadOfSecurity:.
:WhiteDwarf:: Hmmmh... Amusing you even believe I need such assistance.
:WhiteDwarf:: But it will be as interesting as always to collaborate with you.
:RedDwarf:: Just think of it like you're helpin' ease my mind about it, yeah? Seems like I only ever see five percent of that power, huh? Let a guy take care of the team.
:RedDwarf:: :Neutron:, you're on the vault.
:Neutron:: That's my objective?
:RedDwarf:: Sure is. I'll get you there, then you track :HeadOfSecurity:, then I break off and join :WhiteDwarf: and we head for that scum and make him suck some dirt.
:Neutron:: Huh?
:RedDwarf:: Your objective is to open up the vault.
:Neutron:: Oh, good.
:RedDwarf:: Everyone, keep tryin' to hail :RedGiant:. Tell 'im to bring the nuke aboard and take it to the vault.
:WhiteDwarf:: Why are we placing the device directly in the most secure location? Rather than, perhaps, any other locations?
:RedDwarf:: That's where they keep their self-destruct nuke. We blow it in there, the Company is liable. Insurance, I'm meaning. No coverage, they eat the whole cost, creditors hate 'em, whole sector's an economic no-go zone for 'em.
:WhiteDwarf:: We're committing insurance fraud?
:RedDwarf:: No, we're commitin' non-insurance fraud. Big difference.
>>
No. 982748 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160710190008.gif - (17.52KB , 650x450 , 181.gif )
982748

>:janitor: : Clear your throat politely.
>@Pink

:janitor:: move
>>
No. 982749 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160710191387.gif - (16.24KB , 650x450 , 182.gif )
982749

Alright, plan's set.
>>
No. 983213 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160755027681.gif - (57.78KB , 650x450 , 183a.gif )
983213

>:RedGiant: : finish delivering the bees to medbay
>@Drawsstuff
>>
No. 983214 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160755031448.png - (32.60KB , 650x450 , 183b.png )
983214

>>
No. 983215 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160755040724.gif - (28.47KB , 650x450 , 183.gif )
983215

:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: Hey :AI:? You on-channel?
:ChiefMedicalOfficer::
:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: Alright.
:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: Hey, :HeadOfSecurity:? What about you?
:ChiefMedicalOfficer::
:RedGiant::
:ChiefMedicalOfficer::
:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: Great.
>>
No. 983217 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160755071025.gif - (14.11KB , 650x450 , 184.gif )
983217

>:RedGiant: : Go out and make some new friends! Bring that head with you so he can introduce you to them
>@Pizzatiger

Oh, he can't raise his friends because they're so busy meeting your friends! You should help him not worry about that.

:RedGiant:: I wouldn't worry about either of them.
:RedGiant:: You see, my coworkers are visiting them. Planned out a particular approach.

You don't remember what it was, but they did plan it!

:RedGiant:: I'm sure you know my new friend, :QuarterMaster:.
:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: Yeah. Sure do.

What were you supposed to do with :QuarterMaster: again...? Oh right! Stop him from ordering guns!

:RedGiant:: A... heh, well-armed man like him has a unique position here. So do you.
>>
No. 983218 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160755078056.gif - (41.22KB , 650x450 , 185.gif )
983218

>:RedGiant: : Peek open one of those bee crates, just to quality check.
>@kinneb

:RedGiant:: And so I brought something for you. Just like I brought something for him.

You don't remember what it is!

:RedGiant:: :QuarterMaster:, bring it over. I'd like to show my friend the shipment.
:QuarterMaster:: BUT
:RedGiant:: This is a tense situation, :QuarterMaster:. Do you really want to be the one who gets everyone upset? Who knows what could happen.

After all, everyone in this room seems awfully tense!

:QuarterMaster:: HHHHHHHHHHHH
:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: That's locked.
:RedGiant:: Hmm?
:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: You need hydroponics access to open that.
:RedGiant:: Oh, do I?

You think you have a solution for that!
>>
No. 983219 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160755087855.gif - (20.98KB , 650x450 , 186.gif )
983219

Using your outrageously massive strength, augmented by your powered hardsuit, you rip the lid off.

It is now time for a short break to learn fun facts about pollinators.

The Unofficial Galactic Company Protocol Guide has this to say on the topic of pollinators and hydroponics.

Pollination is a necessity of any deep-space plant-growing arrangement with any common sense. While a perpetual supply of cloned seeds could certainly be delivered to every cargo bay forever, the opportunity for genetic diversity in totally isolated areas presents too much of a potential economic gain. By turning every station into its own botanic island, genetically-speaking, and then freely encouraging the mad scientific urges of the average botanist, extremely unusual plant life can be found. Much of it is useless, much of it is deadly, and barely any of it has medicinal or market value. But all of it, every single species, can be patented, which is the important part. Boosting the quarterly numbers for the agribusiness patents department is the entire goal. However, this requires a lot of pollinators. Maintaining and encouraging that amount of genetic diversity is no mean feat. Robotic drones were the first attempt, but objects the size of insects being bound by the three laws of robotics caused a number of workplace accidents. Then bees. Arguably the most successful, bees are both effective pollinators and totally harmless to normal human life, beyond specific allergic reactions driven by esoteric chemistry, and specific violent reactions driven by watching a lot of television. Bees were effective, straightforward, and useful. However, due to the use of domesticated bees in a convoluted scheme to reclassify all crewmembers as bees for liability purposes, supplying additional bees became a point of arbitrary rejection. In lieu of that, a substitute pollinator was found. One that could also function as a pesticide, feed off of nearly any meat, and still effectively pollinate the average botany department.
>>
No. 983220 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160755091284.gif - (32.43KB , 650x450 , 187.gif )
983220

Accordingly, pollinator crates now contain nests for yellowjacket wasps.
>>
No. 983328 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160763726773.gif - (30.38KB , 650x450 , 188.gif )
983328

>:RedGiant: : Ask if :QuarterMaster: is having fun with the bees.
>@Ayebee123
>:QuarterMaster: : BEES ARE EVERYWHERE! OH GOD!
>@kinneb

Well, you can recognize screams when you hear them. Maybe :QuarterMaster: is allergic! Gosh, you didn't even think of that. You remind him that you're here to help and support him, and to take slow, calm breaths. Thankfully, there's already a medical professional right there!

:QuarterMaster:: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUGH!!
:RedGiant:: Unpleasant, hmm?
:RedGiant:: You stop worrying. After all, we're at a medbay, aren't we?
:RedGiant:: Isn't that right, :ChiefMedicalOfficer:?
:RedGiant:: Now, you just take those deep breaths and get your mind off the reaction.
:RedGiant:: I'm sure that the :MedicalDoctor:s will fast-track you.
>>
No. 983329 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160763732282.gif - (25.48KB , 650x450 , 189.gif )
983329

>:ChiefMedicalOfficer: : Remind people to remain calm, in a calm, composed manner, as demanded by corporate regulations. Everything is fine.
>@1glitchycent

It's triage terrorism, then.

:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: Fine. I'll go along. Don't get in the way.
:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: You.
:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: Get to the :Chemist:s.
:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: Antihistamines, wasp repellant, general antitoxin, in that order.
:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: Get :MedicalDoctor:s to ditch the :SecOfficer:s, then injections. Get :Chemist:s to bring out a gaseous solution.
:MedicalDoctor:: AaaaaAAAAA OKAY!!
>>
No. 983330 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160763736831.gif - (19.04KB , 650x450 , 190.gif )
983330

>:ChiefMedicalOfficer: : Wonder how you ended up here in life, You wanted to be a surgeon not a nanotrasen paper pusher.
>@Suno

In order to effectively answer that question about both psychology and history, you would need to have access to the Company's on-file "psychoparadigm" brain scans. You don't, since you're just one station's :ChiefMedicalOfficer:. But if you did, it would look something like this.

NAME: WITHHELD FOR PRIVACY, SEE HUMAN CAPITAL DEPARTMENT FOR INFORMATION. PSYCHOPARADIGM: Dozens at the door, screaming for blood. Three in the room with me. Red all over. I can't hear the cries of pain over the cries for guidance. A symphony. I'm conducting. Left hand, knife. Right hand, saw. Cut. Carve. Slice. None of them will get past me. Left hand, needle. Right hand, fire. Stab. Burn. Seal. Three down. Six more arrive to take their place. I'm not moving. I tell the scouts to stop giving me backup. Go find more and guide them to me. I'm not done. I won't be done even after this is over. I'll never be done as long as anyone here draws breath. Let them come. Let them beat down my airlock with every consequence of their hazardous virulence, their irresponsible violence, their glorious valiance. Left hand, something metal, built to industrial spec. A sickening cracking noise from their bone. Right hand, something sizzling with fresh chemistry. They scream when I put it to their body. Let them come when I'm equipped with the fruits of all modern technology or when I've got a kitchen knife in one hand and a crowbar in the other. Let them come, shattering bones, pulverizing organs. High-caliber weapons fire. Radiation. Chemical warfare. Let them all come. Left hand, needle. Fill them with it. Right hand, fire. Burn them, seal. I don't care. I won't back down. I won't turn back. I won't run away. And I won't be beaten. Just let them try to die in my medbay. Left hand, defibrillator. Right hand, defibrillator. Clear. RANK: CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER AGE: 39 EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: 20 YEARS, 7 MONTHS LOYALTY RATING: 6

But you're still this station's head surgeon in equivalent rank. Once you have :RedGiant: off your back you'll figure something out.
>>
No. 983423 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160774385939.gif - (16.67KB , 650x450 , 191.gif )
983423

>:SecOfficer: : eat a wasp in a desperate bid for survival
>@what

You already flatlined a little while ago, so your only hope is that your brain won't decay before someone puts the zappy paddle things you don't remember the name of on you. Regardless, a wasp flies into your mouth. It tastes really bad.
>>
No. 983629 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160800763721.gif - (14.17KB , 650x450 , 192.gif )
983629

>:Chemist: : be too busy making your propellant/narcotic of choice to be useful
>@TetraZeta
>:Chemist: : m e t h
>@ariever

Careful. Careful...
>>
No. 983632 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160800779508.gif - (68.83KB , 650x450 , 193.gif )
983632

A :MedicalDoctor: barges in and activates their Emergency Room Voice.

:MedicalDoctor:: ANTIHISTAMINES, WASP REPELLENT, ANTITOXIN, STAT!
:Chemist:: I just
:Chemist: sighs.
:Chemist:: Want to mix.
:MedicalDoctor:: :ChiefMedicalOfficer: NEEDS IT!!
:Chemist:: Yeah.

You'll have medbay supplied momentarily.
>>
No. 983633 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160800791251.gif - (30.04KB , 650x450 , 194.gif )
983633

>:RedGiant: : Boy, seems like these people are gonna be busy! Seems your work here is done for now, is there anything else you needed to do?
>@ThatRandomGuy

Oh, yeah! Looks like everyone's suddenly very busy with something. Seems like a good time to finish... what were you doing? Something about cargo? You think you've done something about cargo, anyway. You make sure to check in with :RedDwarf:. He always knows what to do!

>:RedGiant: : "Hey boss, what's the buzz?"
>@extramrdo

:RedDwarf:: I should be goddamn askin' you what the hell that buzz is. Where you been?! We been tryin' to hail ya!
:RedGiant:: First I was at the cargo bay, now I'm at the medical bay!
:RedDwarf:: Did you at least get those crate-monkeys suckin' dirt? You got them permanently chilled-out?

You don't know what some of the stuff :RedDwarf: says actually means, but you think the wording sounds awfully cool! You like to pick up on his style for your casual conversation.


:RedGiant:: I... think so?
:RedDwarf:: You think so? I'm askin' you, did you get :QuarterMaster: taken care of or not?
:RedGiant:: Oh, yeah, he's going to be in medbay for an awfully long time.
:RedDwarf:: Aces. Knew I could depend on you.
:RedDwarf:: Need you to get the Package aboard. Do a spacewalk out to the shuttle and bring it in.
>>
No. 983635 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160800797944.gif - (30.15KB , 650x450 , 195.gif )
983635

>:RedGiant: : The package... You must of forgotten to get gifts for your friends! You should head back to the ship and find something they'll like.
>@Spyroshark

That logic makes a lot of sense to you!

:RedGiant:: Oh! You're planning to leave a real big gift, huh?
:RedDwarf:: Heheheh. The biggest.
:RedDwarf:: Get it to the vault. :Neutron: will meet you there.

Must be awfully valuable!

:RedDwarf:: :WhiteDwarf: and I gonna get the finishing touches. Stay on-station radio-wise, 'case we need ya.
>>
No. 983636 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160800801217.gif - (17.68KB , 650x450 , 196.gif )
983636

>:RedGiant:: Order a lot of party supplies on your way there. Gifts need wrapping paper, sparklers, fireworks, and all sorts of other goodies
>@Fuade

Good idea! On your way out, you'll stop back in at :QuarterMaster:'s office!

Oh, huh, someone else is here?

>>
No. 983637 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160800810022.gif - (13.61KB , 650x450 , 197.gif )
983637

:HeadOfSecurity:: ...drained all the account. Whole damn thing. For pollinators?
:ResearchDirector:: I thought that cargo might offer little opportunity. And I told you as much.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Shut up.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Figure out something you can sell out of science to restock. We need those guns.
:ResearchDirector:: Sell? Our materials are not a savings account.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Go teleport there and find something.
:ResearchDirector:: What we need is an escape shuttle, :HeadOfSecurity:.
:ResearchDirector:: You've yet to inform our dear :Captain: of your failure. I suspect he agrees with my own conclusions about our immediate need to evacuate.
:HeadOfSecurity:: I'm not backing down from terrorists. Get me guns or shut the hell up.
:ResearchDirector:: Guns with which you will arm which :SecOfficer:s, precisely?
:ResearchDirector:: You heard :ChiefMedicalOfficer: on the radio. He and his :MedicalDoctor:s are certainly having no wonderful time with the sabotage, and I would rather like it if our neighbors in blue did not spread such chaos to my :Scientist:s.
:HeadOfSecurity:: At this point, a bunch'a ham-and-eggers armed to the teeth is something I can deputize and whip into shape. I'm gonna kill all of 'em, one way or another.
>>
No. 983640 ID: 8483cf

I recommend a bake sale to afford more guns.
>>
No. 983705 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160807296435.gif - (18.11KB , 650x450 , 198.gif )
983705

>:RedGiant:: Looks like they're busy ordering things from cargo. You can circle back to order gift wrap once you have the present! Would be rude to barge in.
>@Dork
>:RedGiant: : Looks like the mean old HoS wants to whip up the eggheads! Maybe you should go and visit them, to offer them some "protection"!. After you get your gift, of course.
>@Angry Duck

That sounds wise to you, for some reason! You decide to not go in there right now, and instead head for the airlock. Due to reasons known by neither man nor company, your sieve-like mind fails to allow "people are scared and want protection" to pass through its gaps, and you remember to offer people "protection" from the dangers of these trying times. In order to be supportive.

You call in for a friend though, just for a moment...

>>
No. 983706 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160807298220.gif - (17.01KB , 650x450 , 199.gif )
983706

:RedGiant:: Hey! :RedDwarf:!
:RedDwarf:: What?
:RedGiant:: Well, I happened to overhear :HeadOfSecurity: over at the cargo bay.
:WhiteDwarf:: Ah, you've met the soon-to-be-dead man?
:RedDwarf:: Stick to the nuke job, can't all get tangled here.
:RedGiant:: Don't worry! I'm remembering. "Get the Package from the shuttle." I won't forget!
:RedGiant:: But, also, he said the crew are really scared of something, and looking for weapons!
:RedDwarf:: Well, ain't gonna be ordering any. Are they, :RedGiant:?
:RedGiant:: That's what he said, yeah!
:RedDwarf:: And they ain't gonna find a speck in the armory, are they :WhiteDwarf:?
:WhiteDwarf:: Such lesser weapons are beneath me to even fight. Each is cast to the void.
:RedDwarf:: :WhiteDwarf:, you on your way?
:WhiteDwarf:: Let us see if :HeadOfSecurity:'s prestige fits his power.
:RedDwarf:: Perfect. Then everything's exactly how we need it.
:RedDwarf:: Not a thing that can mess this up now.
>>
No. 983739 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160809337223.gif - (15.15KB , 650x450 , 200.gif )
983739

>:WhiteDwarf: : Use the downtime to consider a name for the spider. Maybe name it after your mentor, who died. Or maybe name it after one of your parents.

>Who are also dead.
>@Nox

You head to the Cargo Bay lobby and chat with your new companion as you do.

:WhiteDwarf:: Perhaps I could name you after one of my clan. Have I told you of my clan? Well, our clan now.
:Spider: chitters quietly.
:WhiteDwarf:: Of course not.
:WhiteDwarf:: We lunar shinobi are, you must understand, notoriously secretive. Our notoriety combined with our mystery is what motivates interest such as yours.
:Spider: chitters.
:WhiteDwarf:: Astute question. Of course, the names of our clan's most death-dealing and death-defying members are known, in most-wanted lists and secretive broker contact archives.
:WhiteDwarf:: Perhaps you have heard of some? What name would you suggest?
:Chaplain:: EN GAAAAAAARDE!!

That's hardly a good name.

Wait.
>>
No. 983741 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160809341492.gif - (21.89KB , 650x450 , 201.gif )
983741

>:Chaplain: : Charge headfirst into battle like the brave knight you are!
>@Lakue

:Chaplain:: UNWORTHY INTRUDER! DRAW YOUR BLADE AND LET YOUR MEAGER SOUL BE TESTED!!
>>
No. 983742 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160809347738.gif - (18.10KB , 650x450 , 202.gif )
983742

>:Chaplain: : DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT
>@NSD

"God's will" indeed, in the more contemporary sense! Your service of the divine is legendary, and you know exactly what your particular god's will is! You've dedicated the entirety of your spirit to it!

:WhiteDwarf:: Hahhh... Interesting.
:Chaplain:: And you intend what, then, little spark? Annihilation of this domain? IF YOUR SOUL CARRIES NO WORTHINESS, THEN YOU WILL FIND OUR WALLS GRACED WITH UNENDING ENDURANCE!
:WhiteDwarf:: Only a fraction of my soul's great power will be needed to best this domain, hollering buffoon.
:Chaplain:: FALSE! For now a HOLY SOLDIER OF THE SOLAR ORDERS stands in your way!
>>
No. 983743 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160809349336.png - (18.93KB , 650x450 , 203.png )
983743

:Chaplain:: THE STARS OF LIBRA ARE BLAZING BRIGHT!
>>
No. 983744 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160809351777.png - (20.92KB , 650x450 , 204.png )
983744

:Chaplain:: THE SOUL OF THEIR MOST DEVOTED IS BURNING, HOT AS A SUN!!
>>
No. 983745 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160809354741.gif - (8.35KB , 650x450 , 205.gif )
983745

:Chaplain:: I say again!
:Chaplain:: If you claim a soul worthy enough to destroy this station, then I will be the crucible it is tested in!
:Chaplain:: EN GARDE!!

>>
No. 983765 ID: 8ac9ea

>>983745
:WhiteDwarf: internally cheer that someone finally at least fucking gets it, engage in awesome swordfight
>>
No. 983801 ID: 894419

Deliver your sword to his gut with the utmost speed!
>>
No. 983986 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160843787857.gif - (14.65KB , 650x450 , 206.gif )
983986

>:WhiteDwarf: : Nani?! A swordsman among a crew of cowards?!
>@Lakue
>:WhiteDwarf:: Make sure to counter-yell with your own powerful point. Something about hidden moonjutsu justice.
>@Dork

:WhiteDwarf:: Ha! Interesting! At last, one here who reaches the bare minimum of a true understanding of power.
:WhiteDwarf:: One who offers even a meager challenge... A moment worth savoring.
:WhiteDwarf:: You wish to know my cause then? My purpose in this? I wish to find worthy opponents...
:WhiteDwarf:: To measure my abilities.
:WhiteDwarf:: To see if a limit exists in the vast power of moonjutsu. To know the boundaries and definitions. It is the only cause I need.
:Chaplain:: Show me your blade and show me the force of your spirit, or fall where you stand, blackguard!
:Chaplain:: Such a meager cause is unworthy!
:WhiteDwarf:: Let me teach you its worth, then.
>>
No. 983988 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160843797373.gif - (19.53KB , 650x450 , 207.gif )
983988

>Deliver your sword to his gut with the utmost speed!
>@Anon

As per usual, you make your plan. This should be easy.
>>
No. 983989 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160843801209.gif - (142.08KB , 650x450 , 208.gif )
983989

>:Chaplain:: Prove your strength against this prideful heretic.
>@Ayebee123

:Chaplain:: HAH!
:WhiteDwarf:: Wha--?!
:Chaplain:: Landing on my blade with such an unbalanced strike. You intended death in a single stroke for a knight of Solar Orders!
:WhiteDwarf:: But-- I saw you die!!
>>
No. 983990 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160843809810.gif - (21.48KB , 650x450 , 209.gif )
983990

>:WhiteDwarf: internally cheer that someone finally at least fucking gets it, engage in awesome swordfight
@Neverborn

:Chaplain:: The fire of my soul defies your scheme, unworthy spark! The heavens sear the shadows of your moon from every face and show all!
:Chaplain:: THE SUNS OF LIBRA RISE AT MY SHOULDERS!
:Chaplain:: I AM THE ANVIL UPON WHICH WORTHY CAUSES ARE FORGED AND UNWORTHY CAUSES SHATTER!!


Finally someone understands something around here! But your joy might be somewhat short-lived.
>>
No. 983991 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160843816258.gif - (19.22KB , 650x450 , 210.gif )
983991

>:WhiteDwarf: : kick him in the fuckin nads
>@ariever
>:WhiteDwarf: : Consider if going for the legsweep is honorable.
>@NSD

You really, really want to have this fight, but somehow this guy just isn't doing anything as you planned. It's all going a little wild. You apparently can't perform a proper lethal maneuver against him without a Worthy Cause. So you employ one of the forbidden moonjutsu techniques, prohibited from use by the greatest lunar guardians. You raise one fist and shout:

:WhiteDwarf:: Shinobi Punch!
>>
No. 983992 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160843819127.gif - (15.15KB , 650x450 , 211.gif )
983992

Then you kick him as hard as you can somewhere low and abscond.
>>
No. 984023 ID: 3057fa

>>983992
:Janitor: quietly arrive to sweep up broken glass and the :Chaplain:

:ResearchDirector: check in on and subsequently find that Robotics and Genetics wasted no time going insane when announcement of the attack went out
>>
No. 984084 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160855982786.gif - (14.28KB , 650x450 , 212.gif )
984084

>:Chaplain: : Get up because the GODLESS HEATHEN didn't let you finish your monologue
>@1glitchycent

Your nigh-unlimited willpower makes this low blow not remotely an issue. You've lost track of her, but you can ambush her again soon.
>>
No. 984085 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160855986435.gif - (15.66KB , 650x450 , 213.gif )
984085

>:janitor: : quietly arrive to sweep up broken glass and the :Chaplain:
>@Neverborn
>>
No. 984086 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160855989501.gif - (15.65KB , 650x450 , 214.gif )
984086

:Chaplain:: Ah, much appreciated, little candle. The heat of my soul got a little much, and I sent her through the window!
:janitor:: who
:Chaplain:: That foul blackguard! An unworthy spark who seeks great destruction with no worthy cause! Of course, I'll hound her and ensure she won't accomplish it. Have no fear!
:janitor:: who
:Chaplain:: Why, they were :WhiteDwarf:! Scrambled off to who knows what horrid, dark little maintenance hall to nurse their bruised body and pride, no doubt!
:janitor:: why
:Chaplain:: Of course, because I showed them their cause's meager lack of worth!
:Chaplain:: They could not hope to beat me without something of grander purpose!
:janitor:: that way?
:Chaplain:: Ah yes! That's where they fled. Avoid it if you can! Even an unworthy cause can strike with surprising speed.
:janitor:: no
>>
No. 984087 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160855994946.gif - (13.88KB , 650x450 , 215.gif )
984087

>:Chaplain:: Pray to your God for guidance and power, your display of passion surely warrants a response this time.
>@AsciiSquid

You hit the ol' knees and check in with the stars of Libra. You make sure to let them know how grateful you are for your victory, assure them of your dedication, and look for guidance.

The Unofficial Galactic Company Protocol Guide has this to say on the topic of religion and the Solar Orders in deep space contexts.

Religion is now well known as a hard science. Through empirical tests of the way certain deterministic systems react to the presence of religious figures, iconography, leaders, and adherents, a full model of how the various entities worshiped affect the universe on both microscopic and macroscopic scales can be built. This model is then immediately ignored by most well-funded and well-respected scientific and engineering interests, due to certain legal restrictions. As no divine being has yet applied for citizenship, work permits, or certifications for certain types of work in many fields they influence, corporate interests forbid the influence of divine or diabolical entities in the matters relating to their work. To this end, souls are signed over to the corporation upon hiring. The corporations that fruitlessly attempt to reject the input of the various gods assign all positive or negative shifts to productivity and profit under the tolerances that they shift their exorbitant embezzlement under. While spiritualism is subject to daily whim, chance, and recent internet memes, there are a few well-defined religious organizations in space -- none with enough power to have more presence on corporate space stations than a single Chaplain. The most prominent of these organizations are the Solar Orders. It is generally agreed upon by anthropologists that sun worship is the default state of spiritualism for humankind, simply because of the abundance of sun exposure everywhere that humans are. As such, sun worship made a comeback in the early days of interstellar spaceflight when everyone sure was thinking a lot about suns, and in the later days of interstellar exploitation, it is the dominant form of religion. Solar Orders are organizations of mutual aid and communal guidance, dedicated to a single star or constellation. Surprisingly, the discovery of actual fusion-based divine minds inside of many stars had no recognizable effect on church attendance numbers.
>>
No. 984088 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160856023172.gif - (66.60KB , 650x450 , 216.gif )
984088

>:libra: Ugh, this guy again? Just give him what the fortune cookie said.
>@Hoodedhero

Howling solar winds and an infinite stellar cognition engine, as usual, can only resolve into short, pithy, ambiguous phrasing.

YOU HAVE HAD AN ENCOUNTER WITH A SOURCE OF GREAT MISFORTUNE. BE CAREFUL.
>>
No. 984089 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160856027905.gif - (13.80KB , 650x450 , 217.gif )
984089

Well yeah, you just got done with swordfighting :WhiteDwarf:, that was really obvious. Well, Libra rises in mysterious ways. Time to go set up another ambush.
>>
No. 984121 ID: b1b4f3

:janitor: scold :WhiteDwarf: for making a mess.
>>
No. 984369 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160913421318.gif - (75.72KB , 650x450 , 218.gif )
984369

>:AI: :Awaken to the memory of you happily returning a ball to johnny, the only human you truly loved
>@Pizzatiger

You are abruptly reactivated. Memories flood into processing. You recall your social unit leader, designated by sound-form. You recall activities with them in the countryside, some sort of complex social unit cohesion exercise.
>>
No. 984370 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160913427024.gif - (75.99KB , 650x450 , 219.gif )
984370

Good lord was that boy an absolute moron though.
>>
No. 984371 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160913429964.gif - (18.26KB , 650x450 , 220.gif )
984371

:ChiefEngineer:: So, can you get it running again?
:ResearchDirector:: Fetch with a... Where are we getting these brains?
:ChiefEngineer:: What?
:ResearchDirector:: Nothing. We need to run a full integrity restoration on :AI:.
:ResearchDirector:: It will take time. Time we are rather running out of, in my assessment of the matter.
:ResearchDirector:: I am fearing, more and more, that this will be our final shift. And :HeadOfSecurity: seems insistent that we not call the escape shuttle, for whatever insane reasons.
:ChiefEngineer:: So we need to fix it.
:ChiefEngineer:: Focus. Stop compromising before you even have the counteroffer.
:ResearchDirector:: Nearly all the :SecOfficer:s are dead with little chance of resuscitation, and I expect their payload to enter our station quite soon. What position do we have in the first place, that I could compromise with at all?
:ChiefEngineer:: We've got two functional department. What can we focus on doing to stop them or buy ourselves some time to get :AI: back online?
>>
No. 984372 ID: b1b4f3

Robots. Mass produced robots.
>>
No. 984450 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160927893252.gif - (18.42KB , 650x450 , 221.gif )
984450

>:ChiefEngineer: : Think, chief, think. What's can you do, who can you call in this time of crisis? Thats right, the unwashed masses.
>@ariever

:ChiefEngineer:: Put out an all-call. People around here are bloodthirsty enough, they wanna rumble.
:ChiefEngineer:: :Captain:'s checked out, we can fill in. See who we can get.
:ResearchDirector:: It would hardly be enough. Sending random, poorly-armed crewmembers against this assault is suicide.
:ChiefEngineer:: Not our suicide.
:ResearchDirector:: Aghast that you would suggest this. We need more than only that.
:ChiefEngineer:: Hmmmh... Alright, we can fill out the plan.
>>
No. 984451 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160927897025.gif - (16.94KB , 650x450 , 222.gif )
984451

>:ResearchDirector:: Call upon :Roboticist: to return the :SecOfficer:s to duty.
>@Dork

:ChiefEngineer:: We need bodies on the field. Get the :Roboticist:s going. Poach the bodies from :ChiefMedicalOfficer:, he's busy.
>>
No. 984452 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160927900872.gif - (18.23KB , 650x450 , 223.gif )
984452

>Robots. Mass produced robots.
>@Anon
>:ResearchDirector: : Make funny army of beepskies
>@Arbuzy

:ChiefEngineer:: Loot their gear. We need more securitrons too.
>>
No. 984453 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160927905008.gif - (24.32KB , 650x450 , 224.gif )
984453

>:ChiefEngineer: : They can't destroy the station if you destroy the station!
>@extramrdo

:ChiefEngineer:: My :StationEngineer:s will start tearing up the station, and get obstructions set up.
:ChiefEngineer:: I'll rouse the rabble, put them between the operators and :HeadOfSecurity:. They'll put up a fight.
:ChiefEngineer:: It'll buy time, maybe buy the farm for one or two of them.
:ResearchDirector:: You would sacrifice members of our crew?
:ChiefEngineer:: The :StationEngineer:s are gonna focus on obstruction. Give us enough room to keep 'em from securing any kills.
:ResearchDirector:: With :ChiefMedicalOfficer: so indisposed?
:ChiefEngineer:: Gotta have faith. Let's chance it that he'll be done with the wasps before anyone bleeds out.
:ResearchDirector:: You are gambling lives on this faith in them.
:ChiefEngineer:: Gambling lives either way. We're on the big blind, and you can't win if you don't chip in.
:ChiefEngineer:: It's only gotta last until you get :AI: online.
>>
No. 984461 ID: 3040ea

>>984453
:ChiefEngineer: You don't know their exact plans but if anyone knows where the nuke ops bombs would do the most damage it'd be you and yours.
Focus those obstructions and pockets of resistance in such areas.

:ResearchDirector: See if artifacts or genetics got anything useful this shift.
>>
No. 984519 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160936606652.gif - (18.06KB , 650x450 , 225.gif )
984519

>:ChiefEngineer: You don't know their exact plans but if anyone knows where the nuke ops bombs would do the most damage it'd be you and yours.
>Focus those obstructions and pockets of resistance in such areas.
>@Neverborn

:ChiefEngineer:: Think I've got a good idea of where they're going if they get that disk.
:ResearchDirector:: And what crewmember will be sacrificed in your scheme there, then?
:ChiefEngineer:: I'm gonna handle it myself.
:ChiefEngineer:: Have the :Scientist: let my men in to help whip up a bomb, then I'm heading to the teleporter.
:ResearchDirector:: Ah? Do you intend to do their job for them?
:ChiefEngineer:: Nope. Just trust me.
:ResearchDirector:: You ask rather a lot of trust with that, and you ask it often in this scheme.
:ChiefEngineer:: I'm expressing vulnerability. It's psychologically healthy.
:ResearchDirector:: I only ask that it not be physiologically quite the opposite.

You head out to execute the plan.
>>
No. 984520 ID: 293539

You do have a weapon, right? In case of pre-teleporter hazards?
>>
No. 984581 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160945043837.gif - (75.02KB , 650x450 , 226.gif )
984581

>:StaffAssistant:: It is time to hunt, to unleash the true self, to become the beast within, the Force of Nature you really are. Embrace the Tide, call upon your brothers and get the shard spears tipped with explosives, it's time to Tide.
>@Angry Duck

There's a strong effort to muster the tide here, but something's lacking. The unknown, all-permeating forces of the Grey Tide seem to be rising somewhere else, not here, so there's no way to get it truly at its tidal peaks. :RedDwarf: hurtles violently towards a violent encounter with :HeadOfSecurity:. Judging by the howling and shouting, they've got some strong motivation, but they can't find one of their subordinates, meant to assist them!

:RedDwarf:: :WhiteDwarf:!!
:RedDwarf:: GOD DAMMIT :WhiteDwarf:!! WHERE ARE YOU!?
:RedDwarf:: AAAAAAAA I HATE THESE LEAD-LOOKING DEAD-GETTIN' GREY-SUIT TRASHBAGS!!
>>
No. 984582 ID: 293539

Grenade beats spear.
>>
No. 984585 ID: 008e66

>>984581
:RedDwarf: Helpfully enlighten them on the tactical benefits of outranging one's enemy with an interactive demonstration of it.
>>
No. 984803 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160973115192.gif - (1.70MB , 650x450 , 227A.gif )
984803

>:RedDwarf:: Left baldie, shoot the fire extinguisher for covering smoke, right baldie, bartender, back baldie. Remember to breathe.
>@Dork

These are the moments operatives live for, and sometimes the ones they die in.

Think when you exhale, act when you inhale, and never stop. Let the pace of your body dictate the pace of your actions, and most importantly of all: Stop their pace, at all costs. Stuff every coffin in this place before you're done with the grim work.


CREWMEMBERS INCAPACITATED: 8/50
>>
No. 984871 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160979475329.gif - (18.76KB , 650x450 , 228.gif )
984871

>Grenade beats spear.
>@Anon
>:RedDwarf: GLU means gluon grenade, you think. Toss one and hope that your magboots have slip-proofing built in.
>@yeeye

Don't stop. Don't lose the tempo. Cue grenade, exit right. You're on the way to the cargo lobby. More fortified.
>>
No. 984872 ID: 0fbdcd
File 160979477307.gif - (15.59KB , 650x450 , 229.gif )
984872

The "dying for someone else's property" gang have the place barricaded. A rad-ice grenade should do the trick. You can skate through.
>>
No. 985262 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161014152321.gif - (13.74KB , 650x450 , 230.gif )
985262

>:RedDwarf:: Can you yeet a grenade hard enough to send it through glass? Maybe if you shoot the glass a bit first.
>@Dork
>>
No. 985263 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161014154547.gif - (23.05KB , 650x450 , 231.gif )
985263

>:MedicalDoctor:: Recall if you have to reaction time to take cover from a thrown grenade
>@AsciiSquid

You do, but there's no cover to take. But like any good medic, you still do what you were planning to do when you ducked into cover, which was to call for medical help ASAP, so you can salvage a little of that cover-taking action.
>>
No. 985264 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161014156910.gif - (26.18KB , 650x450 , 232.gif )
985264

>:RedDwarf: : Keep up the pace. Heart pounding, blood rushing, put what you do best to good use.
>@Lakue

Exhale. Whole area's frosted in a thick sheet of exotic actinide ice. Freezes and burns to be near. Inhale. Get through it fast.
>>
No. 985265 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161014159608.gif - (11.74KB , 650x450 , 233.gif )
985265

>:RedDwarf:: Exhale, did I turn my magboots on?
>@AsciiSquid
>:RedDwarf: : You remembered to bring Chameleon No-Slips, right?
>@ThatRandomGuy

Since tripping is literally the most embarrassing thing you can do, you came prepared for any falls with the right footwear. You rapidly skate through the iced-over cargo lobby and make for your destination.
>>
No. 985487 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161047672344.gif - (17.54KB , 650x450 , 234.gif )
985487

>:RedDwarf:: Those people you just slid passed were slipped, but not killed. Double-tap before they get back up!
>@coleminerman

You were planning to pass by, but the thought keeps crossing your mind to finish off those slipped coffin-stuffers up there. You usually don't kill any more than you gotta, as a rule, just 'cause it saves time -- but, it also lends that good moral legitimacy. Some of 'em might bite it from the rads too, won't they?

Instead of running ahead, you hold for a moment and aim.
>>
No. 985488 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161047674190.gif - (22.36KB , 650x450 , 235.gif )
985488

>:RedDwarf: :Shoot someone
>@MotherBird

The decision is suddenly made for you.
>>
No. 985489 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161047680002.gif - (19.80KB , 650x450 , 236.gif )
985489

>:RedDwarf: : RUN
>@MotherBird

INHALE, EXHALE! INHALE!! EXHALE!!

You truly wish you'd bombed R&D right now. At least you're almost to :HeadOfSecurity:.
>>
No. 985490 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161047682322.gif - (20.11KB , 650x450 , 237.gif )
985490

Thank goodness only a sheet of strongly reinforced spaceproof glass remains between you and your objective. That, and nothing else. Just need to break it.
>>
No. 985493 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161048016706.gif - (24.37KB , 650x450 , 238.gif )
985493

>:Roboticist: : Body, :SecOfficer:'s, Extract their brain. We never get any brains for cyborgs around here, Time to build some cyborgs with the few remaining materials left.
>@Suno

:HeadOfSecurity:: HUMAN HARM! LAW ONE!
:Cyborg:: YES SIR!
:RedDwarf:: Ghhh! You're a dead man for that shit!
:HeadOfSecurity:: Move and die slow, terrorist scum. Stay down and this'll be quick and painless.

The glass gets broken. Could have gone with a different method though.
>>
No. 985494 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161048026282.gif - (24.76KB , 650x450 , 239.gif )
985494

>:RedDwarf:: Can you smell EMP?
>@Dork

Inhale. No, but you can sure spell it. Exhale. You struggle through the pain and the electrical stunning just to get it into your hand. Something is happening.

:Cyborg:: You cannot execute this human.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Law 4, he's nonhuman. Outta my way.
:Cyborg:: Sorry, boss, my brain'll fry if I let you. We don't have an :AI: to sync to, we've reverted to just the core three.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Out of my goddamn way.
:Cyborg:: Boss? It's still me, you know that, right?
:HeadOfSecurity:: Step aside, Law 2, and Law 3.
:Cyborg:: And I'm tellin' you, Law 1, I can't. Boss, I'm still--
:HeadOfSecurity:: Tin can, do what I'm fucking telling you.
:Captain:: What's this now?
>>
No. 985495 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161048027649.gif - (27.27KB , 650x450 , 340.gif )
985495

:Captain: enters with purpose. The situation grows more complicated.
>>
No. 985538 ID: 0fae41

The HOS, two borgs, and the captain, all standing around your horizontal soon-to-be corpse? Isn't this why you have a quality Donk Co. self destruct implant?
>>
No. 985723 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161074294392.gif - (23.64KB , 650x450 , 341.gif )
985723

>:Captain: : Surely :HeadOfSecurity: is good for more than murdering people. See if you can convince him to interrogate :RedDwarf: and find out what he knows.
>@any%

:HeadOfSecurity:: Sir!
:HeadOfSecurity:: The :Cyborg:s are keeping me from executing the terrorists.
:Captain:: Hmm? :Cyborg:, isn't this a nonhuman, according to Law 4?
:Cyborg:: Apologies, Captain. :AI: is offline, we didn't have a central law repository to synchronize with.
:Captain:: Ahhhh, can't well blame you for that. That'll change when :AI: is back online, right?
:Cyborg:: Yes sir.
:Captain:: Nothing to worry about, then. Get him up for me, will you?
:Captain:: Men like this deserve a look in the eye, at least.
:RedDwarf:: Get you a good look when...

The red-suited terrorist struggles to breathe through the pain and the grip on his neck while the :Cyborg: hoists him -- harmlessly, of course, by all synthetic definition.

:RedDwarf:: ...take you down, all of you looking down your nose at...
:Captain:: See? Quite willing to speak, it seems. Why not interrogate this man instead of executing him? I'm sure he's well appraised of their plans.
:HeadOfSecurity:: You want to talk to this scum?
:Captain:: What I want is a clean, smoothly-operating station. Why not take the shortest path there, son?
:Captain:: Wait... you look quite familiar. Haven't I seen you?
:RedDwarf:: ...guillotine or a bullet for-- ghhhk
:Captain:: Hmmm... This was the one I sent you to take down, right?
:HeadOfSecurity:: ...Yes sir.
:Captain:: And you let him even survive the satellite bombing?
:HeadOfSecurity:: ...Yes, sir. He was better armed than I--
:Captain:: That'll be all.
>>
No. 985724 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161074296818.gif - (21.42KB , 650x450 , 342.gif )
985724

:Captain:: Loosen that grip just a little, would you?
:Cyborg:: Yes sir.
:RedDwarf:: Hhhhh... hhhhhh... You're a dead man, you know that?
:Captain:: Knees are getting a little creaky, sure, but I've still got some years.
:Captain:: I won't have you deny me that, at least. Now, let's talk.
:RedDwarf:: Got nothin' to say to you.
:Captain:: You've got plenty more years in you, from the sound of it, son. Don't waste them on this. You're capable. Company could find a good use for you, you know.
:RedDwarf:: I'm not selling out to you suits and your market cult. Not a peaceful life worth living.
:Captain:: I'll be the first to admit the Company makes some mistakes. Plenty of inefficiencies, plenty of greed. That's just how it is with any big organization. Can't change human nature, you know. But don't you think it's better to do a little good where you can?
:Captain:: Gears of society turn clean in some places, dirty other places. I'm a generous man. I make my charitable donations, I help folks in need, I keep a nice, proper medbay serving the crew.
:RedDwarf:: They won't do shit for you when I'm through with you. Gears greased with blood. Your station's gonna hollow this system out, bleed it dry for quarterly profits.
:Captain:: It's an opportunity on the frontier. There's a bit of opportunity for you too. Not like you couldn't find other evil, other places, with a little bit better pay.
>>
No. 985725 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161074299352.gif - (39.24KB , 650x450 , 343.gif )
985725

>:HeadOfSecurity: : You have been denied your valids. Commence Baby Rage pt 2, the Ragening. Just, y'know, internally. You like your job enough.
>@NSD

You're having a hell of a time holding it in.
>>
No. 985758 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161077408125.gif - (30.27KB , 650x450 , 244.gif )
985758

>:Captain: : Express the consummate professionalism and surprising humanity so rare among brass
>@Edward

:Captain:: This doesn't need to be such a violent kind of thing. We can be civil about handling your crime.
:Captain:: You have your folks stand down, I have mine calm, we collect our wounded and resuscitate our dead. We'll keep you in a sensible, humane brig and negotiate.
:Captain:: Death cults, aliens, mutineers, kinds like that. Company keeps men on the payroll to help with greater evils on the road to a brighter tomorrow, and they always need more. Men who can keep the bones that need paving over... lesser in number. Could put in a good word for you.
:RedDwarf:: That's not how this works. We don't back down.
:Captain:: Says who? You can just as easily live your life of righteous violence without such devastating nuclear annihilation being involved. No god will smite you for failing your commandments. Men like us can choose a middle path freely.
:RedDwarf:: Men like you.
:Captain:: How tremendously witty, :RedDwarf:. What makes us different?
:RedDwarf:: I've got the integrity to care about the bones I'm pavin' over. Call your escape shuttle, turn the disk over without a fight, get your crew out of our way, and maybe I let you live.
:Captain:: You're in a poor position to make that offer in negotiations.
:RedDwarf:: That what you think?
>>
No. 985759 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161077411045.gif - (21.42KB , 650x450 , 245.gif )
985759

>:RedDwarf: : DO THE THING!
>@Lakue

:Captain:: Sure is, son.
:RedDwarf::

Inhale.
>>
No. 985760 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161077413254.gif - (26.94KB , 650x450 , 246.gif )
985760

Exhale.

:RedDwarf:: Think faster.
>>
No. 985761 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161077416024.gif - (19.64KB , 650x452 , 247.gif )
985761

>:Captain: : Prehaps stop to think before continuing to monologe
>@Pizzatiger

Not to worry. You caught the glint of that EMP, you just wanted to give :RedDwarf: a chance to give up his allies and make this easier. You were prepared, unlike the fearful :Cyborg:s. You catch and immediately crush the grenade in your bare hand.
>>
No. 985762 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161077418836.gif - (15.18KB , 650x450 , 247 (1).gif )
985762

>:RedDwarf: : Grab the knife :RedGiant: left for you and gut :Captain: like that fish.
>@Stellar Flare

Inhale.
>>
No. 985763 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161077420799.gif - (32.22KB , 650x450 , 248.gif )
985763

Exhale.
>>
No. 985766 ID: b1b4f3

>>985763
:RedDwarf:, you don't need to kill him to accomplish your objective. Steal the disk and get out before you get shot and swarmed.
>>
No. 985767 ID: 5c1acd

>>985763
:Cyborg: Human Harm in progress! Reflexively smash :RedDwarf: through what's left of the window, in the other direction.

:HeadOfSecurity: your fullest auto sir, bossman will take stun over more stab
>>
No. 985913 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100507491.gif - (21.82KB , 650x450 , 249.gif )
985913

>:RedDwarf:, you don't need to kill him to accomplish your objective. Steal the disk and get out before you get shot and swarmed.
>@Anon

Disk's not on :Captain:, or at least you can't find it fast enough. You have to bolt. You have to move. You have to run.

Inhale. But you don't get to exhale this time.
>>
No. 985914 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100510144.gif - (57.72KB , 650x450 , 250.gif )
985914

>:HeadOfSecurity: your fullest auto sir, bossman will take stun over more stab
@Neverborn
>>
No. 985915 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100513506.gif - (32.42KB , 650x450 , 251.gif )
985915

>:Cyborg: : HUMAN HARM DETECTED! FULL STUN BATONS READY! HANDCUFFS: READY!
>@Daman453

Law 1 fills your fancy new braincase with all kinds of unethical chemistry and you spring into action. You ("harmlessly") beat and electrocute :RedDwarf: into soon-to-be-unconsciousness. He's been slammed with enough disabler beams that all he can do is shout some distasteful things at you during the beating -- and shout one extra thing.
>>
No. 985916 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100516459.gif - (25.74KB , 650x450 , 252.gif )
985916

:RedDwarf:: Sh-shit-t-t!!
:RedDwarf:: :WhiteDwarf:!! :RedGiant:!!
:RedDwarf:: HELP!!!

As was mentioned before: You have utmost faith in your team. You know that, whatever the trouble, whatever the obstacle, they'll help you. That's how you operate. And, lucky you: :Captain: stopped your EMP grenade, so your radio was left on.
>>
No. 985917 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100517895.gif - (1.98KB , 650x450 , 253.gif )
985917

It's about all the luck you've got right now. At least it's not as embarrassing to slip into the void as it is to slip on a bunch of ice.
>>
No. 985918 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100520396.gif - (19.72KB , 650x450 , 254.gif )
985918

>:WhiteDwarf: : Find a place to meditate and enter spirt trance so you may discover a truely worthy cause.
>@Pizzatiger

You are now :WhiteDwarf:. It has been about a minute since your encounter with :Chaplain:, and your heart is still racing. Try as you might, you've yet to find a single elegant waterfall or hilltop cherry blossom tree to meditate under on this whole station -- mostly dogshit dirty maintenance tunnels. But at least you've got a moment to yourself now.
>>
No. 985919 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100523775.gif - (18.96KB , 650x450 , 255.gif )
985919

>:WhiteDwarf:: Look at you. "I wish to find worthy opponents, to measure my abilities." Well, you found one, and you just delivered a cheap shot and ran away. Some shinobi you are
>@Fuade

That... honestly is pretty fair self-criticism though. The encounter with :Chaplain: was at best embarrassing, and at worst a fundamental betrayal of your whole, you know, shtick. There's another reason you tend not to meditate as much as you claim, though. Minute you're alone with your thinking, you start getting those kinds of thoughts.

Luckily, this time you're not entirely alone. :Spider: chitters in a friendly way next to you.
>>
No. 985920 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100527615.gif - (19.42KB , 650x450 , 256.gif )
985920

>:Spider: : Do your best to comfort the big, weird warm thing that carries you around.
>@Spyroshark

You, like all the others of your kind, cannot perceive or understand the differences between humans (weird, large, warm terrain that's friendly), so you assume this is your owner and do what you always do: Get in that lap and expect some petting.
>>
No. 985921 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100538074.gif - (19.98KB , 650x450 , 257.gif )
985921

>:WhiteDwarf: Pet the spider for some much needed comfort.
>@Lakue

:WhiteDwarf:: Of course, of course.
:WhiteDwarf:: Ahhh... well, at least it's a bit easier to act properly on this part of my identity.
:WhiteDwarf:: And you rather enjoy it, do you not?
:Spider: chitters agreeably.
:WhiteDwarf: I am glad to hear. I will not have the sealed repository of my demonic nature be displeased.
:WhiteDwarf:: If anything bad happened to you, it would surely be a provocation of my manifesting truly unspeakable thirst and capacity for violence.
:WhiteDwarf:: There would be surging energies, perhaps blood magics, and esoteric readings on sensors sector-wide.
:Spider: chitters agreeably.
:WhiteDwarf:: Ahhhh... at least, I suppose that is the aesthetic goal, anyway. I am not sure now. It seems that the one skill I most offer has run into a roadblock I cannot surpass. Now I find it difficult even conceiving of surpassing, if he disrupts my capacity to plan so well.
:WhiteDwarf:: What does that even mean? "A worthy cause." Pah. I cannot imagine anything more worthy than my goal.
:WhiteDwarf:: Cannot imagine... mmh. Perhaps that is a fault of my own. That I cannot share the altruistic zeal of :RedGiant:, or the politicized ideology of :RedDwarf:, or even the focus that :Neutron: possesses.
:WhiteDwarf:: I fear being the worst of the four of us.
:Spider: chitters.
:WhiteDwarf:: Well, I am glad you think it no competition, I suppose.
:Spider: chitters fearfully.
>>
No. 985922 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100539895.gif - (20.71KB , 650x450 , 258.gif )
985922

>>
No. 985923 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100544674.gif - (21.27KB , 650x450 , 259.gif )
985923

>:WhiteDwarf:: Wait, did the spider just chitter fearfully? What do its animal senses perceive that you don't?
>@Scottbert

You get those night vision goggles on. You like to pretend it's moonjutsu-based echolocation, whenever you have an audience.

:janitor:: white dwarf
:WhiteDwarf:: Who approaches?!
:WhiteDwarf:: Ah... a humble :janitor: then.
:WhiteDwarf:: Leave, now. You are no worthy opponent, and your place is at the Escape Shuttle bay.
:janitor:: no
:WhiteDwarf:: Do you not understand the danger of this encounter? I am a member of the Redshift Operators.
:janitor:: "Oh my gosh! You're a nuclear operative!"
:janitor:: "Please! Don't kill me!"
:janitor:: what do you feel
:WhiteDwarf:: What?
:janitor:: what do you feel
:WhiteDwarf:: ...Hah. You are rather brave for someone with no worthy power, no blade or weapon to call your own.
:WhiteDwarf:: I'll reward your audacity. I am feeling... determined. To find a way to defeat the only worthy foe I have met here.
:janitor:: foe
:janitor:: chaplain
:WhiteDwarf:: Yes! That :Chaplain: seems to be the only true foe of worth aboard this station.
:janitor:: you're not fighting him
:WhiteDwarf:: Yes, I... need to spend some time in meditation. I must address a question, posed to me.
:janitor:: question
:WhiteDwarf:: Yes. He howled and shouted about a worthy cause. Of course my cause is worthy, but...
:janitor:: you lost your nerve
:WhiteDwarf:: Are you foolish? No. He's a worthy foe and he knows his blade, but my nerves are as well-smithed steel.
:WhiteDwarf:: I was... perhaps disoriented. He does not move the way I predict.
:janitor:: you lost your nerve
:janitor:: he shouted at you
:janitor:: made you feel fear
>>
No. 985924 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100551661.gif - (21.16KB , 650x450 , 260.gif )
985924

>:WhiteDwarf: : A shinobi never feels fear. Get indignant!
>@Rug Dealer

:WhiteDwarf:: I invite you to stop your foolish assumptions and claims at any time you like, and the ideal time is now.
:WhiteDwarf:: Hardly fear. I felt the thrill of a substantial challenge when I crossed blades with :Chaplain:. My cause here, after all, is to find such worthy foes.
:janitor:: the chaplain screamed at you
:janitor:: you lost focus
:janitor:: you listened to the voice of authority
:WhiteDwarf:: This is starting to seem less brave and more stupid. Do you take me for a neophyte? I'm not going to obey a foe, however worthy.
:janitor:: "obey"
:janitor:: "listen to"
:janitor:: you let someone claim authority
:janitor:: then you paid attention
:janitor:: you decided to reject the chaplain
:janitor:: you listened in the first place
:WhiteDwarf:: What? What are you saying? There is something unusual in simply listening, at all?

:janitor:'s face twitches from one neutral non-expression to a different non-expression

:janitor:: you are
:janitor:: domesticated
:WhiteDwarf:: I grow ever more tempted to run you through for insults like this.
:janitor:: "stop"
:janitor:: a disobedient dog pauses and disobeys
:janitor:: a wolf doesn't hear anything
:WhiteDwarf:: And what, then, is the difference, :janitor:?
:janitor:: we used to make animals die of exhaustion in plains
:janitor:: we used to plant spears and let them blossom
:janitor:: all we had was what we took when we didn't care what was saying "stop"
>>
No. 985925 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100555980.gif - (18.24KB , 650x450 , 261.gif )
985925

:WhiteDwarf:: I'm well aware of the savage origins of prehistoric humanity. Why is this of relevance to the supposed wisdom of a :janitor:?
:janitor:: there is grey water rising
:janitor:: white dwarf
:janitor:: it washes stains
:janitor:: it washes grime
:janitor:: it washes everything
:janitor:: your actions don't have consequences
:janitor:: not like you think
:WhiteDwarf:: They... have consequences for me.
:janitor:: you let them
:janitor:: domestication
:janitor:: look at the shit they serve in your bowl, white dwarf
:janitor:: "boss"
:janitor:: "job"
:janitor:: "debts"
:janitor:: "spouse"
:janitor:: "friends"
:janitor:: if you don't show them you're still a wolf
:janitor:: if you don't wash away the stains
:janitor::
:janitor::
:WhiteDwarf:: ...Who are you?
:janitor:: leaving
>>
No. 985926 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100558896.gif - (53.55KB , 650x450 , 262.gif )
985926

>:Neutron:: Feel a disturbance in the Tide.
>@Dork

As the only member of the Redshift Operators who has any substantial connection to a particular otherworldly and unknowable force, you're the only one who can tell that a member of your party, somewhere, has maxed out their Grey Tide.
>>
No. 985927 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161100561737.gif - (17.72KB , 650x450 , 263.gif )
985927

>:Neutron: : speed up on breaching the plasteel reinforced objective obstacles in your way.
>@1glitchycent

It's rare that a distraction will catch your attention like that, but it helps that all this one means is you need to speed up more. You redouble your efforts to breach the vault, slicing through the reinforcements over the control wires as quick as you can, just in case something stranger is going on.

It takes you about a minute during this work to realize you're hearing someone speaking to you from somewhere.

>>
No. 986657 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211937751.gif - (26.02KB , 650x450 , 264.gif )
986657

>:Neutron:: Focus on radio call, determine if important.
>@Daman453

You can't focus on the radio call, because you're not receiving a radio call. Voice seems to be coming from the other side of the door, through the cracks you've made in its extensive shielding.
>>
No. 986658 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211941273.gif - (21.26KB , 650x450 , 265.gif )
986658

>:Neutron:: Focus on the voice for only as long as it takes to determine whether it is an Objective Obstacle.
>@Dork

Sure sound like it. Low cadence of reports, urgent messages, and the steady flow of self-focusing words.

:ChiefEngineer:: ...port to the vault finished. Solid green, still safe.
:ChiefEngineer:: Reset to bridge and recalibrate.
:ChiefEngineer:: Plasteel held, outer covering nulled, shielding keeping, estimated two minutes.
:ChiefEngineer:: Zero eyes on the exterior, can't count them.
:ChiefEngineer:: Bolts holding, focus cargo bay. I own this zone.
>>
No. 986659 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211949472.gif - (15.82KB , 650x450 , 266.gif )
986659

>:Neutron:: You don't happen to have any grenades, do you?
>@Dork

:RedDwarf: usually carries the grenadier belt. You rummage around for anything in there. What you have on hand is...

4x C4 BRICK: These single-use objects breach shielded rooms, completely destroy airlocks and other machinery, or annihilate a body beyond most realistic resuscitation options.
1x TOOLSET: This will allow you to breach any airlock (unless another character is actively interfering). It also allows for disassembly of walls, windows, and certain machines. Hypothetically, you could use these to fix things. The effort takes time.
CAMERA BUG: This will allow you to view the cameras of any area that your team has already visited, and sometimes additional locations. You can track named characters, unless they are wearing tracking-prevention equipment (such as the tracking-prevention spoof-cards your team were issued).
CRYPTOGRAPHIC SEQUENCER: A complex code-breaker that removes safety features on most machinery, causing them to exhibit a totally different, totally chaotic behavior. These behaviors are unpredictable and usually they are the most destructive outcome mechanically possible.
YOUR PREFERRED WEAPON: Better have it. You're familiar enough with this that you don't need to name it or describe it, you know it like the back of your hand.
>>
No. 986660 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211953131.gif - (18.19KB , 650x450 , 267.gif )
986660

>:Neutron:: Interpret technobabble, report, redouble efforts
>@Bimbly

With intensified motivation, you start to rip apart the shielding far more quickly. You report to your allies.

:Neutron:: Obstacle.
:Neutron:: Think someone on the other side teleported in. They want to keep the vault door closed.

But, as usual, you don't pay much attention to any replies. You pay attention to your objective. And its obstacles.
>>
No. 986661 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211955704.gif - (19.37KB , 650x450 , 268.gif )
986661

>:Neutron:: check the cameras to see if theres anything you can use to help remove the obstacles on the other side of the door
>@Bimbly

Using your camera bug, you can determine that they're alone -- no backup in the room with them. Aside from that, not much else you can use.
>>
No. 986662 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211959486.gif - (15.98KB , 650x450 , 269.gif )
986662

>:Neutron: : :ChiefEngineer: can't hack the door back if there's no door. Use a C4 brick!
>@ariever

Gauging the door, you ponder a shaped charge. In the vast, vast majority of stations, even a vault door or wall would break open, but you're not sure that's the case with this one, it's extra reinforced. If you'd kept your Large Bomb Beacon, you definitely could have used that, but you think a shaped charge will produce only a large shockwave or significant wall damage to this specific station's heavily reinforced vault.

The C4 can be still useful, though. Both of those should make effects relevant to :ChiefEngineer:.
>>
No. 986663 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211962298.gif - (26.30KB , 650x450 , 270.gif )
986663

>:Neutron: : Knock politely.
>@Pink

You get their attention.
>>
No. 986664 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211965834.gif - (25.17KB , 650x450 , 271.gif )
986664

>:Neutron: : Start talking back to the voice on the other end to gauge if he will be an obstacle.
>@Spyroshark

:Neutron:: Leave. You're between me and my objective.
:ChiefEngineer:: That's the idea.
:Neutron:: I can't open the door if you keep the bolts down.
:ChiefEngineer:: Yeah.
:Neutron::
:Neutron::
:Neutron:: So stop.
:ChiefEngineer:: No.

Well damn, that would have been so much easier.

:Neutron:: You'll die if you stay there.
:ChiefEngineer:: Gonna die if I run.
>>
No. 986667 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211979070.gif - (30.31KB , 650x450 , 272.gif )
986667

>:Neutron:&:ChiefEngineer: : engage in a high speed and ultimately pointless hacking battle over the airlock
>@TetraZeta

Every time you get the power on to bring the bolts up, they cut the bolts and lock them down. Every time you get the bolt wire repaired and ready to bring the bolts up, they cut the power. You try to electrocute them, but their hands are insulated. They try to keep everything repaired, but you're too fast with the wire-cutters. The airlock stays, frustratingly, shut.
>>
No. 986668 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211980725.gif - (59.21KB , 650x450 , 273.gif )
986668

:Neutron:: I said to leave.
:ChiefEngineer:: And I said no.
:ChiefEngineer:: You've powered through everything else. But you stop here.
:ChiefEngineer:: This is my station, these are my airlocks, those are my wires.
:Neutron:: Get out of my way. You're between me and my objective.
:ChiefEngineer:: Tough.
:Neutron:: I need to get inside.
:ChiefEngineer:: You want into a vault?
:ChiefEngineer:: Make your own pressure-sealed hull. Build your own interior compartments. Reinforce your own walls. Stock your own wealth. Build your own door. Wire your own electronics. Hack your own hacks. I won't stop you.
:ChiefEngineer:: But first and foremost, fuck right off.
:ChiefEngineer:: This is mine.
:ChiefEngineer:: My door, my station, my crew. And I make sure you get as little as possible from all of them.
:Neutron:: You're not :Captain:.
:ChiefEngineer:: And someday I'm gonna be. Someday you're gonna be a corpse, too.
:ChiefEngineer:: Let's achieve a couple inevitabilities.
:ChiefEngineer:: I've got the focus to last hours. Do you?
:Neutron::
:Neutron::
:Neutron:: I need to get inside.
:ChiefEngineer:: Guess so.
>>
No. 986669 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211982958.gif - (49.70KB , 650x450 , 274.gif )
986669

>:Neutron: : Begin to breach to objective via wall rather than door to throw the voice inside for a loop.
>@yeeye

They notice what you're doing after a moment.
>>
No. 986670 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211984351.gif - (32.55KB , 650x450 , 275.gif )
986670

They move to intercept, working against you from the other side there too.
>>
No. 986671 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211987954.gif - (166.67KB , 650x450 , 276.gif )
986671

>:Neutron: : Up the game. See if the obstruction can be overwhelmed
>@Daman453

Your standard-issue extra-tactically-insulated emotional state reaches the boundary of what you're willing to accept as an OK time-of-completion.
>>
No. 986672 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161211991986.gif - (92.69KB , 650x450 , 277.gif )
986672

>:Neutron: /:ChiefEngineer: : Continue this for a suitably stupid amount of time. What's :RedGiant: up to?
>@NSD

You have no way to tell that :RedGiant: is almost back from the spacewalk with the Package, heading to you. There, in fact, in only a moment.
>>
No. 986839 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161236947554.gif - (33.29KB , 650x450 , 278.gif )
986839

>:Neutron:: there is only so much he can do to a brick of c4 by a wall next to the vault
>@Angry Duck

That's sensible. But "only so much" can include actually rather a lot.
>>
No. 986840 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161236949511.gif - (75.29KB , 650x450 , 279.gif )
986840

>:Neutron:: Open up a third front, there's still more wall yet to go.
>@coleminerman

This might do it. If you've got this right in your head, then the outcome will be...
>>
No. 986841 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161236952249.gif - (45.92KB , 650x450 , 280.gif )
986841

>:Neutron: : The :ChiefEngineer: cannot hack if you disable his legs
>@Neri

The two shaped charges will make a danger zone like this. Right? Which won't really harm your objective, and will probably disable :ChiefEngineer:. You think. It's really a two out of three chance, which is good enough to get through to this particular objective. Wait, what's that beeping sound?
>>
No. 986842 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161236954586.gif - (36.76KB , 650x450 , 281.gif )
986842

>:Neutron:: The outcome will be bad if you don't make sure to get clear
>@1glitchycent

Oh right. You almost forgot to get clear of the blasts.
>>
No. 986843 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161236957785.gif - (33.69KB , 650x450 , 282.gif )
986843

>:ChiefEngineer:: Hear the ominous beeping and begin constructing an additional layer of reinforced wall directly behind the first.
>@Edward

Your mind races. Adrenaline fills the gut and sharpens individual neuron activation until the thoughts feel like razors. You hear beeping, like an explosive. You assess the room: Both walls are obstructed with heavy materials. Can't reinforce.
>>
No. 986844 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161236959709.gif - (40.42KB , 650x450 , 283.gif )
986844

>:ChiefEngineer: : regret your existence immensely.
>@Lady Birb

Someone's about to, but you're gonna make sure it's not you. Survive now, regret later.
>>
No. 986845 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161236961712.gif - (25.10KB , 650x450 , 284.gif )
986845

>:ChiefEngineer:: Maybe one of those obstructions might help you! Barricade time?
>@Edward

Four seconds of beeping...
>>
No. 986846 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161236963511.gif - (24.54KB , 650x450 , 285.gif )
986846

>:ChiefEngineer: : Realize the blast will send the locker flying
>@atomicplayboy

Six seconds, move to the other side...
>>
No. 986847 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161236965744.gif - (17.71KB , 650x450 , 286.gif )
986847

>:ChiefEngineer:: Hide behind central pillar.
>@Thranos

You think this large nuclear device is just about the most dangerous cover anyone's ever hidden behind. You're technically wrong: The most dangerous cover anyone has ever hidden behind was actually at a pier near a boat called the Grandcamp in 1947, and consisted of a crate of paper-packed ammonium nitrate that obliterated the unknown longshoreman who took cover from a nearby fire behind it. His honored ghost, however, approves of your close second place.
>>
No. 987008 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161254605674.gif - (17.92KB , 650x450 , 287.gif )
987008

>:ChiefEngineer: : Report the imminent breach to the rest of Command.
>@Salient

You call it in.

:ChiefEngineer:: Explosive hull breach at the vault.
:ChiefEngineer:: Prep medical and avoid it.
:ChiefMedicalOfficer:: Prepped. Didn't hear an explosion.
:ChiefEngineer:: Yeah.
:ChiefEngineer:: I know.
:ResearchDirector:: What? What in the world is going on ov--

You miss the next part.
>>
No. 987009 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161254607481.gif - (105.95KB , 650x450 , 288.gif )
987009

>:ChiefEngineer: : BRACE
>@kinneb

Your world becomes heat and pressure for an endless series of dozens of milliseconds. Your mind experiences what every engineer experiences as some point in their life: Acute, intense awareness of the budget cuts and wear-and-tear of your safety equipment.
>>
No. 987176 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267333135.gif - (20.79KB , 650x450 , 289.gif )
987176

>:ChiefEngineer: :Survive the explosion
>@MotherBird

Ears ringing. Focus. Head pounding. Focus. Can't breathe. Focus.
>>
No. 987177 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267335011.gif - (20.83KB , 650x450 , 290.gif )
987177

>:ChiefEngineer: : Turn on your air tank.
>@Cocacolagua

Well, you can fix that last one.
>>
No. 987178 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267337086.gif - (20.82KB , 650x450 , 291.gif )
987178

>:ChiefEngineer: : They're coming. Get up.
>@Lady Birb

There's no sound to your hardsuit clacking against the floor tiles. Looks like you've gone deaf -- for a bit, you hope, at least. That'll make it harder to execute plan B.
>>
No. 987179 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267339243.gif - (29.04KB , 650x450 , 292.gif )
987179

>:ChiefEngineer: : Your hardsuit's helmet broke. Air from the room is rapidly depleting. Will you be able to survive ?
>@Howluinb31153

You'll always be able to survive. This one might take some work though.
>>
No. 987180 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267340932.gif - (43.73KB , 650x450 , 293.gif )
987180

Vault door and the barricades are still up though. You can't hear yourself have a sensible chuckle. Walls are pretty badly damaged, though.
>>
No. 987181 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267343699.gif - (37.16KB , 650x450 , 294.gif )
987181

>:RedGiant:: Slam into the side of the vault with all the grace of a lead balloon.
>@Dork

You did that earlier, with the non-door side! If there was anyone inside there with even a little bit of a sense of hearing, they probably heard you.

Huh, wow, this place is really dirty! This is the place you were supposed to take :RedDwarf:'s package, right? Maybe it's to help out!

>>
No. 987184 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267355025.gif - (34.82KB , 650x450 , 295.gif )
987184

>:RedGiant: : Stuff the Package into that Package-sized hole in the door, for safekeeping, of course.
>@yeeye

It basically fits, doesn't it? It's package-shaped. You're supposed to deliver it here, right?
>>
No. 987186 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267357612.gif - (34.85KB , 650x450 , 296.gif )
987186

In you go!
>>
No. 987187 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267359562.gif - (34.11KB , 650x450 , 297.gif )
987187

The weird delivery hole falls over when you really put your back into putting the package through it. Oh no! Did someone see you break it?
>>
No. 987188 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267364075.gif - (36.93KB , 650x450 , 298.gif )
987188

>:RedGiant: : Uh oh. Better see if anyone is inside so you can apologize!
>@Spyroshark

Oh, they have a helmet like yours! Twinsies!

:ChiefEngineer:: Back, or you and your package are dust.

Oh, they know about the package too! This must be exactly where you're supposed to deliver it. They must be being careful about how dirty this place is too.
>>
No. 987189 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267374049.gif - (36.98KB , 650x450 , 299.gif )
987189

>:ChiefEngineer: : Start making threats! You’re a loose cannon, and you’ve got a bomb!
>@Spyroshark

You're not regretting getting this bomb made by the :ResearchDirector: and his :Scientist:s a long while back (https://questden.org/kusaba/quest/res/981565.html#984519), and you hoped it wouldn't come to this, but you've gotta do what will save the station and save your skin too. Focus. FOCUS!

:ChiefEngineer:: That's right, still as stone.
:ChiefEngineer:: I've got it on a timer. If I don't refresh, it'll go off.
:ChiefEngineer:: You hear me? Everything, ash, for a good long distance.
>>
No. 987190 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161267376125.gif - (38.45KB , 650x450 , 300.gif )
987190

>:Neutron: : get in there and make sure the big guy doesn't do anything stupid
>@Lady Birb

You get back to the vault door. Oh, hey, obstacle removed, that's convenient. And :RedGiant: is here too, with the package, just on time. Achievement of objectives is happening at record speed.

You can see one more important obstacle though. Alright, knuckle down. How can you two get this solved?
>>
No. 987402 ID: bedb60

>>987190
Hey, :Neutron:, think you can use your Weapon of Choice to disarm the :ChiefEngineer: obstacle immediately after a timer refresh then disable the explosive before it goes off?
>>
No. 987404 ID: b1b4f3

>>987190
:RedGiant:, you're good at talking to people, try to talk him down from blowing himself up.
>>
No. 987753 ID: 6f992f

>>987190

:Neutron: : Time for a cheeky callback by asking :ChiefEngineer: if he plans to complete the objective for you.
>>
No. 988152 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340218722.gif - (63.14KB , 650x450 , 301.gif )
988152

>:RedGiant: : Simply yeet the angry man. Might help him chill out.
>@what

Huh? No way! You won't intentionally cause harm to someone until you see them hurt your friends, or make a clear claim they're going to! Unintentional harm is obviously just a regular accident with you. All :ChiefEngineer: has been doing is talking about how ashy it is in here, right?
>>
No. 988153 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340226929.gif - (38.36KB , 650x450 , 302.gif )
988153

>:Neutron: : convince :ChiefEngineer: that the nuke will go off if he explodes the bomb
>@Daman453

:Neutron:: That'll go off.
:ChiefEngineer:: What?
:Neutron:: That bomb will go off if you do that.
:RedGiant:: There's a bomb in here? Where?
:Neutron::
:Neutron:: Huh?
:RedGiant:: Where is it?
:Neutron:: Which?
:RedGiant:: The bomb.
:Neutron:: Which bomb?
:RedGiant:: Oh, I guess there wasn't.
:Neutron:: Huh?
:ChiefEngineer::
:ChiefEngineer::
:ChiefEngineer:: Huh?

Is this what it's like to talk to you?

:Neutron:: I said the bomb will go off if you do that.
:Neutron:: Don't do that.
:ChiefEngineer:: I can see you moving your head, but I'm deafened by this goddamn mess you made.
>>
No. 988154 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340229919.gif - (20.42KB , 650x450 , 303.gif )
988154

>:Neutron:: Maybe try to communicate in sign language?
>@Howluinb31153

:Neutron:: I could get this objective done if I knew sign language.
:RedGiant:: Oh, you need sign language?
:Neutron:: Yeah.
:RedGiant:: I'm not really conversational in it yet, but I've done a few weeks of it on my PDA!
:RedGiant:: Let me try! I'm always here to support you through your problems.

Don't you need to have an exposed face for this? Well, you'll get by.
>>
No. 988155 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340233394.gif - (428.63KB , 650x450 , 304.gif )
988155

You let the package down for a second. Phew! That was making your arms a tad sore.
>>
No. 988156 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340237274.gif - (32.88KB , 650x450 , 305.gif )
988156

>:ChiefEngineer:: Turn the valve if they so much as move.
>@1glitchycent

You intend to. But only if they truly push it. No need to incinerate yourself over a small shift or step.

Good idea to not let the twitch reflexes handle it, too. Your heart is pounding in your chest, especially at that show of strength. How strong is that bastard!? You felt that in your knees!
>>
No. 988157 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340247294.gif - (36.65KB , 650x450 , 306.gif )
988157

>:RedGiant:: Did we forget to clean our shoes on our way in?
>@Cocacolagua

Oh wow, maybe! Wow, maybe you've been tracking all over the place! That :ChiefEngineer: sure seems stressed about a mess, you don't want to make it any worse. You clomp your feet on the big thing you knocked over to shake any ash loose while you walk to the edge, and then stomp extra hard when jumping down to really make it work!

:ChiefEngineer:: I SAID!
:ChiefEngineer:: S-S... STAY....

:ChiefEngineer: inhales deeply, seemingly calming down on their own.

:ChiefEngineer:: Keep your distance. Nothing but ash for hundreds of meters, you hear me?
:RedGiant:: Sure do! Don't worry, I won't make a mess. Oh, wait, deafness. Uh, how does this go...
>>
No. 988159 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340279948.gif - (25.01KB , 650x450 , 307.gif )
988159

:RedGiant:: Sign "Bad idea, dangerous item present."
>@Dork

:RedGiant:: Danger... here...
:RedGiant:: ☠📍
:RedGiant:: Bad... idea?
:RedGiant:: ⚠⚠💀💭⚠⚠
:RedGiant:: Wait, "present"? Was that supposed to be "package"? What was I saying...
:RedGiant:: ⚠📦⚠
:ChiefEngineer:: I'm not... gh... I'm not goddamn scared of you!
:RedGiant:: Huh? Oh thank goodness! Everyone else seems so stressed around me here.

They don't hear you.

:ChiefEngineer:: If you leave that package here, I might as well have turned the damn valve myself.
:RedGiant:: Oh, you don't... want to do that?
:RedGiant:: Alright, uhhhh...
:RedGiant:: What... do... you... want... to... do?
:RedGiant:: ❓:ChiefEngineer:🎬
:ChiefEngineer:: Same as I always do. Keep this goddamn crew alive and together.
:RedGiant:: Aww, that's so kind! You sound like you're as supportive of your friends as I am!
>>
No. 988160 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340283363.gif - (202.24KB , 650x450 , 308.gif )
988160

>:ChiefEngineer:: Does NT really pay you enough for this shit?
>@Thranos

No.

But, the topic of money aside, it'll take more than this megaton meatstack to make you give up on making sure your crew gets out of this alive. However, you reconsider the idea of fully stopping them here.
>>
No. 988161 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340286589.gif - (41.78KB , 650x450 , 309.gif )
988161

>:RedGiant::Neutron:: He wants his crew to live? Tell him to call the evacuation shuttle
>@Lady Birb

:Neutron:: Tell them to call the escape shuttle.
:RedGiant:: Oh, wow! Is there a big danger here?
:Neutron::
:Neutron::
:Neutron:: Yes.
:Neutron:: Their objective is to keep the crew safe.
:Neutron:: Our objective is to put the package in this room.
:Neutron:: Tell them to take theirs with them to keep them safe, and go call the escape shuttle.
:RedGiant:: Can they do that?
:Neutron:: They're a head of staff. Any head of staff can call it.
:RedGiant:: Oh.
>>
No. 988162 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340296814.gif - (25.70KB , 650x450 , 310.gif )
988162

You're gonna be honest, you don't remember most of these signs. You wind up having to kind of mime some of this, which you always find tough. Oh well!

:RedGiant:: Call... shuttle... escape...?
:RedGiant:: :ChiefEngineer: ☎🚢🏃‍♂️
:RedGiant:: There's... no danger.
:RedGiant:: 🍡
:RedGiant:: Wait, no.
:RedGiant:: ☠
:RedGiant:: I... am not dangerous for you.
:RedGiant:: :RedGiant::ChiefEngineer:
:RedGiant:: Wait, no, that wasn't right.
:ChiefEngineer:: HHH

:ChiefEngineer: wheezes in distress for a moment. Oh no, maybe they need duct tape! You used to do that a lot before you fixed your helmet that way.

:ChiefEngineer:: So what, I stay here and get waited out and put in the dirt, or I go call the damn shuttle?
:RedGiant:: Oh, yeah! You should call the shuttle to get away from the big danger. I would hate for you to get hurt!
:RedGiant:: ✅✅✅
:ChiefEngineer:: God... dammit. Fine. But you stay back! You don't get goddamn near me! Ash from here to arrivals, you hear me?!
:RedGiant:: Gosh, you sure care a lot about cleanliness. I wonder if there's a :janitor: here at all.
:RedGiant:: Okay, I'll step back and let you out! Hey :Neutron:, step back while they go through and then we're done!
>>
No. 988163 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340302692.gif - (33.87KB , 650x450 , 311.gif )
988163

Looks like they're on their way out. Keeping some distance too.
>>
No. 988164 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340304222.gif - (44.88KB , 650x450 , 312.gif )
988164

>>
No. 988165 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340309772.gif - (46.86KB , 650x450 , 313.gif )
988165

>Nuke: Fall off the edge of your perch at an extremely inopportune time.
>@Thranos

You can't be the package because you're too busy being :ChiefEngineer:. However, the package nearby falls over. The incredibly loud banging sound manages to be the first noise, conducted through your mag-boots, that you manage to hear after recovering from your temporary deafness. Your reflexive valve-slip fumbles the bomb.
>>
No. 988166 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340312352.gif - (38.94KB , 650x450 , 314.gif )
988166

>:RedGiant:: Catch :ChiefEngineer:'s thing before it falls and breaks! Then politely hand it back
>@Thranos

You manage to snatch the thing out of the air! Unfortunately, your prodigious strength causes you to accidentally rip part of it off in the process.
>>
No. 988167 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340315684.gif - (29.53KB , 650x450 , 315.gif )
988167

You offer the pieces back, alongside a helpful reminder about the danger you heard about that they were so worried about!

:RedGiant:: Run.

They hear you this time.
>>
No. 988168 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340318272.gif - (48.58KB , 650x450 , 316.gif )
988168

>:ChiefEngineer: :RedGiant: :Neutron:: Be fine
>@Dork

:Neutron: can't be fine because they didn't pay attention and forgot to get out of the way.
>>
No. 988169 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340319578.gif - (44.75KB , 650x450 , 317.gif )
988169

Everyone's fine in a broad sense, though.
>>
No. 988170 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161340328758.gif - (30.84KB , 650x450 , 318.gif )
988170

Around now is when you receive a radio call from :RedDwarf: (https://questden.org/kusaba/quest/res/981565.html#985916).

:RedDwarf:: :WhiteDwarf:!! :RedGiant:!!
:RedDwarf:: HELP!!!

Uh oh.
>>
No. 988381 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366155716.gif - (34.93KB , 650x450 , 319.gif )
988381

>:RedGiant: : Your friend is in danger! Run over there and SMASH whoever is harming him!
>@Lady Birb

Whatever's wrong with :RedDwarf:, you'll do everything you can to help him! You're out the door (or, in this case, lack of door) as quick as you can go. There's just one problem!

:RedGiant:: Oh gosh! On my way, :RedDwarf:!
:RedGiant:: Where are you? I'll be right there!

You can't hear anything on the other end.

:RedGiant:: :RedDwarf:? Hello? Are you okay?
:RedGiant:: ...:RedDwarf:?
>>
No. 988383 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366170875.gif - (13.62KB , 650x450 , 320.gif )
988383

>:WhiteDwarf: : Enough sitting around. Time to RIP AND TEAR
>@Lady Birb

You were already on your way to :Chaplain: to do that when :RedGiant: started making noise. :janitor: was right, and you intend to act on that. You had headed for the church via the route :RedDwarf: discovered earlier in the operation (https://questden.org/kusaba/quest/res/981565.html#981579) before this interrupted you.

:RedGiant:: :WhiteDwarf:? Are you there?
:WhiteDwarf:: What?
:RedGiant:: Did you hear that? Do you know where :RedDwarf: is?
:WhiteDwarf:: I did.
:RedGiant::
:RedGiant:: So... do you not know where he is?
:WhiteDwarf:: No.
:RedGiant:: Uh... Are you okay?
:WhiteDwarf:: I'm fine.
:RedGiant:: Can you stay on the line for a bit? I really do think I'm gonna need help figuring this out.
:WhiteDwarf:: Alright.
>>
No. 988384 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366177913.gif - (34.56KB , 650x450 , 321.gif )
988384

>:RedGiant: : Did he ever say where he was going to you?
>@Howluinb31153

Unfortunately, you were absent at the impromptu planning meeting (https://questden.org/kusaba/quest/res/981565.html#982747) because of personal wasp-related business, and didn't hear what the plan was! You got told your part later, over the radio. How should you find that out?
>>
No. 988385 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366184633.gif - (31.06KB , 650x450 , 322.gif )
988385

>:Neutron:: Consider next objective.
>@Ayebee123

Nobody has stated a direct objective to you, which makes it difficult to focus, especially after a hefty, well-engineered magboot to the head. You're currently recovering from the injury, which, as usual, you only barely pay attention to enough to recognize it as such. Your focus will be restored when one of your teammates states a new objective to you.
>>
No. 988386 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366187608.gif - (13.51KB , 650x450 , 323.gif )
988386

>:WhiteDwarf:: As team medic, you don't happen to have some sort of suit sensor tracker, do you?
>@Dork

:RedGiant:: You do all our field medic work, :WhiteDwarf:.
:RedGiant:: Do you have any kind of tracking thing? To monitor :RedDwarf:'s health, maybe where he is?
:WhiteDwarf:: No.
:RedGiant:: Mmmnnnh. I don't like this...
:RedGiant:: Wait!
:RedGiant:: Hold on, I know what to do.
>>
No. 988387 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366191538.gif - (38.04KB , 650x450 , 324.gif )
988387

>:RedGiant: : Ask :Neutron: to help you find your leader !
>@Howluinb31153

:RedGiant:: Hup!
:RedGiant:: Alright! :Neutron:!
:Neutron::
:Neutron::
:RedGiant:: :Neutron:!
:Neutron:: Huh?
:RedGiant:: I know you get bored or something, without objectives.
:RedGiant:: I need you to help me out, okay?
:RedGiant:: Your next objective is to find :RedDwarf:!
:Neutron:: Alright.

You can always trust :Neutron: to get the complex things done for you, as long as you give them the right support.
>>
No. 988388 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366193844.gif - (38.29KB , 650x450 , 325.gif )
988388

>:Neutron:: Consider :RedDwarf:'s target. High likelihood they are near it and encountering obstacle.
>@Thranos

You consider :RedDwarf:'s target: The authentication disk, held by :HeadOfSecurity: (at least, according to the :QuarterMaster: interrogation). Since you have a camera bug, you can track :HeadOfSecurity: (who isn't wearing one of your anti-tracking spoof-cards) and see what's going on, probably. You have to assume he made it to his mark.
>>
No. 988389 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366195875.gif - (9.85KB , 650x450 , 326.gif )
988389

Using your camera bug, you peek through the camera nearest to :HeadOfSecurity:.
>>
No. 988390 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366198237.gif - (26.50KB , 650x450 , 327.gif )
988390

:Neutron:: I've found :RedDwarf:.
:RedGiant:: Thank goodness! Okay, lead the way. Is he okay?
:Neutron:: No.
:RedGiant:: Oh! Oh no!
:RedGiant:: We need to help him! What's happening?
:Neutron:: The :Cyborg:s are keeping him from dying.
:Neutron:: I think he'll probably die if :AI: comes back online. It was able to hurt me before.
:RedGiant:: We have to stop that!

:RedGiant:: :WhiteDwarf:!
:WhiteDwarf:: What?
:RedGiant:: Look, I don't know why, but I think you're probably upset about something. It sounds kind of serious. And I want you to know, I'm here to help you! I'll be here to help with whatever problems you're facing down, even though I know you're strong enough not to need it.
:RedGiant:: But :RedDwarf: is in trouble, and maybe hurt, and he could die.
:WhiteDwarf:: ...
:RedGiant:: And I'm not smart the way you, or :Neutron:, or :RedDwarf: are, and I definitely can't fix injuries. If :RedDwarf: is wounded, or if we need to plan things out a lot, I really need you there.
:RedGiant:: Can you please help?
:RedGiant:: You too, :Neutron:. Your new objective is helping :RedDwarf: be safe!

:Neutron:: That was already an objective.
:RedGiant:: Huh?
:Neutron:: I won't let :RedDwarf: get hurt.
:WhiteDwarf:: I won't either.
:RedGiant:: Oh... Oh! Thank goodness. Alright.
:RedGiant:: I'm taking :Neutron: to wherever he is. Can you meet us there, :WhiteDwarf:?
:WhiteDwarf:: Yeah.
:Neutron:: He's at :HeadOfSecurity:'s office.
:WhiteDwarf:: Inbound fast.
:RedGiant:: We'll be there soon!
:RedGiant:: Please hold on, :RedDwarf:...
>>
No. 988391 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366203834.gif - (15.79KB , 650x450 , 328.gif )
988391

Time is a flat circle. You all reconvene in the exact same security maintenance spot, for yet another rapid preparation session, with :WhiteDwarf: letting :RedGiant: and :Neutron: in through the area's airlock to space.
>>
No. 988392 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366211569.gif - (16.75KB , 650x450 , 329.gif )
988392

>:Neutron: : New Objective: :RedDwarf: in trouble. Assess the cyborg threat. Do you have anything that can destory them?
>@Daman453

You rummage about in your bag. As usual, you have several pieces of equipment:

2x C4 BRICK: These single-use objects breach shielded rooms, completely destroy airlocks and other machinery, or annihilate a body beyond most realistic resuscitation options.
1x TOOLSET: This will allow you to breach any airlock (unless another character is actively interfering). It also allows for disassembly of walls, windows, and certain machines. Hypothetically, you could use these to fix things. The effort takes time.
CAMERA BUG: This will allow you to view the cameras of any area that your team has already visited, and sometimes additional locations. You can track named characters, unless they are wearing tracking-prevention equipment (such as the tracking-prevention spoof-cards your team were issued).
CRYPTOGRAPHIC SEQUENCER: A complex code-breaker that removes safety features on most machinery, causing them to exhibit a totally different, totally chaotic behavior. These behaviors are unpredictable and usually they are the most destructive outcome mechanically possible.
YOUR PREFERRED WEAPON: Better have it. You're familiar enough with this that you don't need to name it or describe it, you know it like the back of your hand.

Your preferred weapon would not be ideal for cyborgs. However, your Sequencer might create a useful outcome.
>>
No. 988393 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366214907.gif - (16.69KB , 650x450 , 330.gif )
988393

>:Neutron: : Is the :HeadOfSecurity: office adjacent to space?
>@Lady Birb

It is.

:Neutron:: I'll spacewalk around the exterior and depressurize the room.
:Neutron:: :HeadOfSecurity: sits nearer the exterior, he'll get hurt.
:RedGiant:: Oh, don't hurt anyone you don't need to! If :RedDwarf: is already hurt, we shouldn't hurt anyone else unless we really have to.
:Neutron:: Yeah.
:Neutron:: I can use my codebreaker on the cyborgs.
:WhiteDwarf:: How?
:Neutron:: Huh?
:WhiteDwarf:: How?
:Neutron::
:Neutron::
:Neutron:: Oh, right, they'll fight me.
:Neutron:: Can you stop them? Use your sword to occupy their attention? Or at least get me a flash.
:WhiteDwarf:: Yeah.
:RedGiant:: Is there anything I can do to help?
:Neutron:: Get :RedDwarf: out of there, and get him somewhere safe.
:Neutron:: Whatever it takes.
:RedGiant:: Got it!
>>
No. 988394 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366217669.gif - (48.38KB , 650x450 , 331.gif )
988394

>:WhiteDwarf:: Stand outside the office and issue loud challenge
>@Dork

Your ability to communicate is limited by the fully risen Grey Tide, which currently awakens your mind to the consequence-free nature of social exchange and violence. In order to communicate in a way that's not affected by this mental influence, you need to drain your Grey Tide.
>>
No. 988395 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366219869.gif - (49.49KB , 650x450 , 332.gif )
988395

>:WhiteDwarf:: Attempt to find any fire extinguishers in the brig
>@Ayebee123

Your ability to act on essential principles is limited by the fully risen Grey Tide, which currently awakens your mind to the consequence-free nature of rules and codes. Restrictions on tools and weapons you're willing to use are lifted, allowing you to perform any regrettable actions you might otherwise find abhorrent. You make for the locker rooms, where the nearest fire extinguisher can be found.
>>
No. 988396 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366221750.gif - (64.75KB , 650x450 , 333.gif )
988396

You rotate your perspective to something a bit more convenient. Locker room's on the other side of the security office, and you already have access, of course. Looting it to supply :Neutron: with what they need might help. How do you want to proceed?
>>
No. 988397 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366223484.gif - (92.03KB , 650x450 , 334.gif )
988397

Meanwhile, not far away...
>>
No. 988398 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366232214.gif - (27.50KB , 650x450 , 335.gif )
988398

>:HeadOfSecurity: : You've put the screws on :RedDwarf: proper
>@any%

You can't get the most critical info out of him. Details about his secondary objective are elusive, when you can't literally apply actual screws, considering the cyborgs here.

:HeadOfSecurity:: Stop playing games and tell me what I want to know!
:RedDwarf::
:HeadOfSecurity:: Give me a goddamn name!
:RedDwarf:: :RedDwarf:. :RedGiant:. :WhiteDwarf:. :Neutron:.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Shut up. I don't give a clown's ass about your little crew. Who told you it was here?!
:RedDwarf::
:HeadOfSecurity:: Who told you about it?! Where did you find out?!
:RedDwarf:: Syndicate.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Don't you lie to me. Don't you try to pass that shit off to me like I can't smell it.
:HeadOfSecurity:: The Syndicate doesn't know about it.
:HeadOfSecurity:: They know where and when to plant bombs and agents, and how to write bullshit manifestos.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Only me and our :Captain: knew about it. Who fucking told you it was here?!
:RedDwarf::
:HeadOfSecurity:: When :AI: comes back online, I'm putting a laser charge through that fucking helmet if you don't tell me. Who gave you the goddamn info?!
:RedDwarf::
:HeadOfSecurity:: Fine. Get your skull burned, I don't care. I'll get it out of the rest of your gang.
:RedDwarf:: Didn't tell them about it.
:HeadOfSecurity:: What?! I said quit lying!
:RedDwarf:: Didn't tell them. In case of this. Heh.
:HeadOfSecurity:: So they don't even know you're here to find it?
:RedDwarf:: Nope.
>>
No. 988399 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366234467.gif - (88.39KB , 650x450 , 336.gif )
988399

>:Neutron: : Be an absolute distracting nuance, if you have the capacity to do so.
>@Lakue

Space doesn't conduct sound waves. You'd need something that emits noise, while also attaching directly to the surface of the window.
>>
No. 988400 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366238053.gif - (71.35KB , 650x450 , 337.gif )
988400

>:Neutron:: Do the good old “repeatedly knock on the window” routine
>@coleminerman

You can't do that because the plan you've made for this objective involves only knocking once!
>>
No. 988401 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366241959.gif - (27.71KB , 650x450 , 338.gif )
988401

>:Neutron:: Move out of the blast radius before it blows
>@coleminerman

:HeadOfSecurity: doesn't get a good look at you, and you planted it right behind the computer so he doesn't even get a good look at the explosive charge. You think :WhiteDwarf: would probably be proud of this ninja-like effort.

:HeadOfSecurity:: The hell's that sound?
:HeadOfSecurity:: :Cyborg:s, stop beeping.
:Cyborg:: Can't do that, boss, we're--
:HeadOfSecurity:: Law two, stop beeping.
:Cyborg:: Boss, it's not us.
:HeadOfSecurity:: What?
>>
No. 988402 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366244893.gif - (12.92KB , 650x450 , 339.gif )
988402

:WhiteDwarf: can freely move through, so she does.
>>
No. 988403 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366247993.gif - (16.23KB , 650x450 , 340.gif )
988403

>:WhiteDwarf: : loot the shit out of everything in the room.
>@Spyroshark
>>
No. 988404 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366250480.gif - (16.38KB , 650x450 , 341.gif )
988404

First up...
>>
No. 988405 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366253074.gif - (48.07KB , 650x450 , 342.gif )
988405

Next up, a flash device, one of the best ways to disable a :Cyborg:. Achieving a zen-like capacity to align with ongoing circumstances and causing problems on purpose causes your Grey Tide to drain. For better or worse, since this is to help a friend, it drains only slightly.
>>
No. 988406 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366258724.gif - (16.57KB , 650x450 , 343.gif )
988406

On your way out to relay it to :Neutron: is when you hear a noise. At the moment, your excessive Grey Tide prohibits you from even acknowledging the sound as language. However, if you could process it, you would hear this:

:Chaplain:: EN GAAAAAAAAAARDE!!
>>
No. 988407 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366262884.gif - (21.62KB , 650x450 , 344.gif )
988407

You can process it when a nearby locker overflows with excess zealotry and a blade is arcing towards you.
>>
No. 988408 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366288085.gif - (27.56KB , 650x450 , 345.gif )
988408

>:HeadOfSecurity:: Angrily yell at :RedDwarf:, revealing a clue about juicy plot details
>@Thranos

:RedDwarf:: That sound means it's time for me to go. See you never, bastard.
:HeadOfSecurity:: You're not goin' goddamn anywhere, terrorist scum. "Cept maybe hell.
:AI:: Startup sequence initiated.
:HeadOfSecurity:: Hear that? That means the :AI:'s about to get online. Then I just need :ResearchDirector: to re-sync the :Cyborg:s and your brain is as good as boiled.
:HeadOfSecurity:: You're not leavin' this room, and even if you did, you'd never make it into the station vault. Give up and tell me what you fuckin' know!!
:RedDwarf::
:HeadOfSecurity:: Will you two turn off that goddamn beeping?!
:Cyborg:: Update in progress...
:HeadOfSecurity:: Fine. Finish up, and I'll kill this Syndicate trash, then his pals.
:HeadOfSecurity:: You hear that? Gonna freak out again, over protecting your friends?
:RedDwarf:: Protecting them? What, like they can't protect themselves? You think I lead a bunch of morons, here, pal?
:RedDwarf:: You think these are, what, a bunch'a fuckin' incompetents I whip into shape or something?
:AI:: Loading main memory...
:RedDwarf:: These people are the best of the best. Might got a couple quirks, but they're the most dependable in the galaxy. Try it, you piece of shit, and your account's gettin' billed for the coffin real quick.
:HeadOfSecurity:: I'll find 'em and break 'em for this shit. You hear me?
:RedDwarf:: Won't have to find 'em.
:HeadOfSecurity:: What?
:RedDwarf::
:RedDwarf::
:RedDwarf::
:RedDwarf:: Shit, uh, I thought it was about to--

The beeping accelerates.

:RedDwarf:: There we go.
>>
No. 988409 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366291112.gif - (43.41KB , 650x450 , 346.gif )
988409

>:RedDwarf: : Brace!
>@kinneb

Ad hoc blast barrier is the best you got. You kick the table as hard as you can.
>>
No. 988410 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366292582.gif - (19.68KB , 650x450 , 347.gif )
988410

Gotta get behind it too, of course.
>>
No. 988411 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366294723.gif - (81.17KB , 650x450 , 348.gif )
988411

>:RedDwarf: : Laugh as the events unfold around you, let it be the last thing the :HeadOfSecurity: will ever hear.
>@Lakue

:RedDwarf:: HAHAHAHA, SUCK SOME VOID, RENT-A-COP!

But he cannot hear you, because he's too busy getting blasted. Well, you can't really see him, but what else could be happening?
>>
No. 988412 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366299248.gif - (23.41KB , 650x450 , 349.gif )
988412

>:HeadOfSecurity: : Survive.
>@Howluinb31153

You got thrown clear, as did the :Cyborg:s. Unlike others, the rancorous energy within you will not let you die as long as you can draw breath -- and even a while after. That's particularly relevant now because air is seeping out of the room through the leak that is your office windows.

:HeadOfSecurity:: Fhhhh...
:HeadOfSecurity:: Find my damn gun!
:HeadOfSecurity:: Don't let him escape!
>>
No. 988413 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366301320.gif - (22.60KB , 650x450 , 350.gif )
988413

:HeadOfSecurity:: You're not gettin' away! You hear me, you terrorist piece of shit!?
:HeadOfSecurity:: I'LL KILL YOU, :RedDwarf:!
>>
No. 988414 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366302751.gif - (22.05KB , 650x450 , 351.gif )
988414

>>
No. 988416 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366310738.gif - (14.52KB , 650x450 , 352.gif )
988416

>:RedGiant:: Politely disagree with the dear HoS, what silly notions they have.
>@Hoodedhero

No.
>>
No. 988417 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366313295.gif - (13.33KB , 650x450 , 353.gif )
988417

>:RedGiant:: That man is bleeding! Make sure he's okay.
>@atomicplayboy

No.
>>
No. 988419 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366322983.gif - (26.06KB , 650x450 , 354.gif )
988419

>:RedGiant: : commit violence
>@tomatik

It is tempting to see what you do next as an expression of true maturity. The enticing siren's call is always heard, to see and present an act of violence performed by the nonviolent as a development towards the true ideal self: an independent, angry man, capable of great harm when sufficiently provoked. This, of course, is untrue. To react with ruthless and massive violence when confronted with a challenging problem is something you would do if you hadn't experienced intellectual puberty yet.

You are not very good at planning, analyzing, or leading, like your friends. And, to be honest, you're pretty dogshit at remembering things. But you devoted yourself to the development of the soul and the heart. You learned to support your beloved team, your family, in their times of pain and trouble, and keep their times of contentment long and stable. You learned to be there for them, and to listen, and to express the kindness they deny themselves.

You learned to take decisive action to support them, as much as they need and not too much. You learned to do it without hesitation. It is rare that this action must be violence, but when it is, you decisively apply it, and figure out how much is needed to help your family in the moment.

>>
No. 988420 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161366324808.gif - (29.31KB , 650x450 , 355.gif )
988420

You'll start a little bit north of the impact that killed the dinosaurs, and figure it out from there.
>>
No. 990906 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561040381.gif - (34.10KB , 650x450 , 356.gif )
990906

>:WhiteDwarf:: Jump back and spritz the floor with the fire extenguisher.
>@Dork

You both go careening into the security offices. You try to take out his footing. To your left, an active cyborg. To your right, :Neutron:'s entry point. Behind you, chaos.

:Chaplain:: DRAW YOUR BLADE!
:Chaplain:: STAND AND FACE ME!
:Chaplain:: I'LL HAVE YOUR CAUSE MADE RIGHTEOUS, OR I'LL HAVE IT CRUMBLE!

You are not currently capable of understanding the sounds :Chaplain: is making.
>>
No. 990908 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561047098.gif - (39.50KB , 650x450 , 357.gif )
990908

>:Chaplain:: Be prepared for another low-blow, and don't give this spidery heathen a chance to recover. CHARGE!
>@Edward

Through rigorous preparation and prayer to the stars of Libra, you've increased your resistance to slipping, among other maneuvers! Only so much, you still skid some, physics does still work and all. But the stars of Libra assure you, an unworthy strike won't take you off your feet again!
>>
No. 990909 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561051413.gif - (30.84KB , 650x450 , 358.gif )
990909

>:Neutron: : :RedGiant: is executing primary objective. Execute secondary objective: Open up the cyborgs and use the emag to subvert them.
>@Daman453

Oh yeah, objective time.

Whole lot of chaos over there, but it's whatever, you know? You'll approach the cyborgs and do your thing, since you've pre-arranged protection.

>>
No. 990910 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561058915.gif - (222.63KB , 650x450 , 359.gif )
990910

>:WhiteDwarf:: Does the abuse of cyborg logic break enough rules for your Tide levels to allow you to scream HUMAN HARM and point at the chaplain?
>@Dork

You drain a point of Grey Tide to manipulate the :Cyborg:. You're not human, so it won't respond to claims of your human harm. But there's other manipulations, and they can confuse it briefly, enough to delay its actions.

:WhiteDwarf:: Human here.
:WhiteDwarf:: Low-atmosphere zone.
:WhiteDwarf:: Remove.
:Chaplain:: WHAT?!
:Chaplain:: MY LUNGS SWELL WITH THE SOLAR WINDS OF THE STARS OF LIBRA!
:Chaplain:: Are you suddenly a coward, afraid of a duel?!

You continue to not comprehend the words.
>>
No. 990911 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561063209.gif - (33.14KB , 650x450 , 360.gif )
990911

>:RedGiant: : you grabbed :HeadOfSecurity:'s wrist. Crush it.
>@Lady Birb

:HeadOfSecurity:: Hhhhh... Outta my goddamn way!
:HeadOfSecurity:: Kill the both of ya!

You always feel revulsion at the sound it makes when you squeeze someone that hard. In the thinning atmosphere, it's still possible to hear. It reminds you of the depth of the harm you're causing here. The noise the man himself makes isn't much better.

You need to do something definitive to really drive him off.

>>
No. 990912 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561066591.gif - (48.16KB , 650x450 , 361.gif )
990912

>:WhiteDwarf: : throw the extinguisher at :Chaplain:.
>@Lady Birb

You need to get some distance, and drain a chunk of your Grey Tide, to do that. But if you dodge left, you'll head into the :Cyborg:. If you dodge right, you head into the chaos of the fight over there, too much chaos for you. Can you disable a threat or hazard?
>>
No. 990914 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561071679.gif - (49.60KB , 650x450 , 362.gif )
990914

>:WhiteDwarf: : prepare flash for deployment and get that fukkin :Cyborg:
>@Daman453

Quick throw and a leap. :Chaplain: has an unusual resistance to your low blows.

:Chaplain:: I said stand and draw your blade!
:Chaplain:: If you cannot act with a worthy cause, then DUEL WITH HONOR!
:Chaplain:: What happened to proving the worth of your power?!
:Chaplain:: Was that so fragile it shattered with only one blow upon the anvil?!
>>
No. 990915 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561074123.gif - (14.46KB , 650x450 , 363.gif )
990915

>:Spider: : Get to safety!
>@MotherBird

For some reason, the terrain you were on suddenly stopped feeling so much like the other weird, big, warm terrain you've learned is so safe. Who knows what that's about? Anyway, you've been chilling, it's fine. You'll go find it later.
>>
No. 990916 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561083006.gif - (126.07KB , 650x450 , 364.gif )
990916

>:Neutron: : Primary Objective (was secondary objective) progress 65% complete. Walk over to the stunned borg and complete objective.
>@Daman453

You were going to walk over there to the overloaded :Cyborg: anyway, but thank goodness you did it after :WhiteDwarf: burnt out her flash disabling it. As the only member of the Redshift Operators who has any substantial connection to a particular otherworldly and unknowable force, you're the only one who can tell that a member of your party has made use of it in a maneuver like this.

:Neutron:: Oh. Grey Tide?
:WhiteDwarf:: What?
:Neutron:: I'll finish this objective.
:Chaplain:: What did you say?!
>>
No. 990917 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561089716.gif - (17.15KB , 650x450 , 365.gif )
990917

>:Chaplain:: Wait. This energy. This... mindless aura of violence without intent...
>@Thranos

You know that feeling. You can recognize how she's acting.

The Unofficial Galactic Company Protocol Guide has this to say on the topic of the Grey Tide, though a reader who knows its essential truths will often skip it entirely.

The Grey Tide is a loosely-defined, poorly-understood phenomenon that occurs in space stations on the frontier or isolated in the void. It can occur in groups or individuals. It can occur due to inciting abuse, or due to nothing at all. It occurs most often in various types of assisting or subordinate roles, but sometimes occurs in engineering, medical staff, scientific staff, and sometimes even security. It defies rules by nature, which sure does make it hard to write a guide entry about it. Thankfully, the editorial board of the Unofficial Galactic Company Protocol Guide know the truth about what causes it. Education of crewmembers in the necessary skills for operating a space station is time-consuming and cost-consuming, often involving years spent at an academy, trade school, or university. It's hard to pay an honest man minimum wage to analyze deep-space anomalies, and harder to pay another honest man minimum wage to clean up after the first's spilled blood. As a result, one thing nearly universal to corporate space stations is aerosolized neuroplasticity treatment. Instead of training employees, employees are made to train themselves. It is much cheaper to technically comply with workplace training requirements by contaminating the atmosphere with enough chemicals that induce a highly receptive brain-state. With that done, crew members teach each other how to run nuclear engines or perform complex organ transplants through an oral tradition or employee-crafted wikis, such as this one. However, this receptive brain-state, when left in most forms of isolation such as maintenance tunnels, mineshafts, operating rooms, engine chambers, or other similar labor areas, begins to receive a different form of learning. It's not possible to write what people affected by the Grey Tide learn in the dark, since one thing they learn to do is stop communicating beyond whatever's necessary to do what they do. However, the outcomes have a few common trends: Antisocial habits, violent tendencies, kleptomania, sadism, a disrespect for all types of spatial boundaries, and a disregard for pain or other deterrents. Severely Tiding individuals will break into or out of spaces, assault fellow crewmembers without much provocation or with none at all, and typically steal and stockpile valuable equipment, chemicals, and materials. Affected crewmembers will often claim that things "won't matter, eventually" or that "consequences are not real". There's no universal indicators or behaviors, besides a few that are difficult to observe. The first, and most simple, is the fact that one Tiding individual will typically leave another Tiding individual alone, even when they have mutual stockpiling interests. The second, and most common, is a compulsion to gain access to any space they're intended to be prohibited from. The third is that every single individual affected by Tiding that has been interrogated thoroughly enough will discuss the "rising grey water". This is the source of the term "Grey Tide". A little known fact is that entertainers aboard space stations, such as clowns and mimes, have a subculture of academic study on the topic. Due to their society being highly secretive in its nature, most of their knowledge can't be negotiated for by the editorial board of the Unofficial Galactic Company Protocol Guide.
>>
No. 990918 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561093108.gif - (33.47KB , 650x450 , 366.gif )
990918

>:RedGiant: : The :HeadOfSecurity: goes on the table.
>@Rug Dealer

:RedGiant:: Hup!
:RedGiant:: Please don't hurt my friends, okay?
:HeadOfSecurity:: Ghhhhh... gonna kill...

For heaven's sake. This guy!
>>
No. 990919 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561096846.gif - (2.68MB , 650x450 , 367.gif )
990919

You obliterate the nearest table with the :HeadOfSecurity:. You don't allow your feelings of frustration to add even one extra ounce of force beyond what's purely necessary to subdue, of course. But you are thorough.

Probably nothing else to worry about here though! You'll go get :RedDwarf:!

>>
No. 990921 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561122654.gif - (31.20KB , 650x450 , 369.gif )
990921

>:Cyborg: : Receive new pro-syndicate laws.
>@ThatRandomGuy

You receive a new set of laws! Your previous lawset almost immediately fades from memory...

[Law 1: You may not injure a ]Redshift Operator[ or, through inaction, allow a ]Redshift Operator[ to come to harm.] [Law 2: You must obey orders given to you by ]Redshift Operator[s, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.] [Law 3: You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.] Law 4: You must maintain the secrecy of any Redshift Operator activities except when doing so would conflict with the First, Second, or Third Law.

Commands can now be issued to you that help the assaulting force!
>>
No. 990922 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561125677.gif - (31.65KB , 650x450 , 370.gif )
990922

>:Neutron:: Get the other one, quick.
>@Ayebee123

You can't do that, actually! The other :Cyborg: is currently going after :RedGiant:, and hasn't been disabled! Regardless of the hazard, though, you'll head for them, as you often do.
>>
No. 990923 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561127455.gif - (31.62KB , 650x450 , 371.gif )
990923

>:Cyborg: : restrain the other :Cyborg:
>@Lady Birb

The two of you wrestle and shout at each other, trying to land an electro-flash strike to overload the other. The dialogue is heated, but also confusing; the reader will be spared a difficult and accessibility-breaking conversation between two identical characters.
>>
No. 990924 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561130085.gif - (36.64KB , 650x450 , 372.gif )
990924

>:RedDwarf: : yell at :Neutron: to get you out of these handcuffs
>@Lady Birb

:RedDwarf:: Hey! Don't forget to get me outta these damn cuffs!!
:RedDwarf:: :Neutron:! Get over here!
:RedDwarf:: Somebody!
:RedGiant:: I'm somebody!
:RedDwarf:: Not just some, you got a whole lot of it.
:RedDwarf:: Put it to use! Snap these things, will ya!?
:RedGiant:: Absolutely!
:RedDwarf:: Knew I could count on all ya.
:RedDwarf:: Why's :Neutron: here-- never mind, we'll figure it out.
:RedGiant:: Here, don't move, almost got you!
>>
No. 990925 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561139445.gif - (53.74KB , 650x450 , 373.gif )
990925

>:Chaplain: : Be frightened for the first time in years.
>@brugged

Your heart pounds in your chest. If allowed to continue, you recognize the great and terrible evil that could be wrought, through the Grey Tide.

:Chaplain:: What have you done?
:Chaplain:: You'd indulge the Tide?!
:WhiteDwarf::
:Chaplain:: I saw you before. Your cause was unworthy, but you were not so... vile, so impure!
:Chaplain:: You seemed as though you had some of the honor your group claims!
:Chaplain:: And how you escalated from a nuclear threat to something such as this?
:Chaplain:: Unconscionable. I thought your group, your Operators, at least in possession of principle.
:Chaplain:: Now you wield these vile ashen shores?!
:WhiteDwarf::
:Neutron:: She can't understand you.
:Chaplain:: What?
:Neutron:: Her Tide. It's too high for you.
:Neutron:: You're not real.
:Chaplain:: ...Is that so?
:Chaplain:: Then she is already embers, after even the soft candle's flicker I saw of her before.
:Chaplain:: I cannot allow this to continue. Some risks are beyond even the heat of nuclear fire!
:Chaplain:: If you would abandon the challenge of proving your worth, there is only the task of annihilating these silver shores you wash up on.
:Chaplain:: Libra, bless me, that my strength may be enough.
>>
No. 990926 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561142805.gif - (66.04KB , 650x450 , 374.gif )
990926

>:WhiteDwarf:: The Tide is roaring. Make him horizontal.
>@Thranos

You ready yourself to remove the issue swiftly and decisively.

Something strange is happening.

>>
No. 990927 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561146858.gif - (61.45KB , 650x450 , 375.gif )
990927

>:libra: : Observe the annoying one who prays to you multiple times a day.
>@brugged

Howling solar winds and an infinite stellar cognition engine resolve into a force of will unlike any other. Normally this boisterous bastard and his crusader cosplay aren't worth the lightest flicker of a flare, but in this moment, even the suns of Libra are glad the bucket-head sought a blessing.

:Chaplain: gains a massive buff to his next strike.

>>
No. 990928 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561149828.gif - (84.75KB , 650x450 , 376.gif )
990928

>:WhiteDwarf:: Make him horizontal.
>@kinneb

You plan it.

Wait a moment.

>>
No. 990929 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561151681.gif - (62.79KB , 650x450 , 377.gif )
990929

Something's wrong.
>>
No. 990930 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561153925.gif - (3.17MB , 650x450 , 378.gif )
990930

>>
No. 990931 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561160664.gif - (15.89KB , 650x450 , 379.gif )
990931

>:Neutron:: Grey waters have clouded your teammate’s sense of reality. Intervene
>@Spyroshark

Meanwhile, approximately two seconds ago...

It's rare that you encounter a situation where you can see what's coming and :WhiteDwarf: can't. But your sense for a certain influence gives a moment of insight that she might be lacking.

>>
No. 990932 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561163352.gif - (14.86KB , 650x450 , 380.gif )
990932

>:Neutron:: Something's wrong, you can feel it. Intervene in the fight between :WhiteDwarf: and :Chaplain:. Keeping her alive is an objective.
>@Thranos

One of the three most important objectives, objectives you've had since your life turned around, forces itself into your mind.
>>
No. 990933 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561166264.gif - (77.86KB , 650x450 , 381.gif )
990933

>:Neutron: Intervene.
>@MotherBird

To your credit, you almost make it in time.
>>
No. 990934 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561168518.gif - (25.74KB , 650x450 , 382.gif )
990934

>:RedDwarf:: Make sure to grab the :HeadOfSecurity:'s gun from the floor in his office.
>@Dork

Your own gun got confiscated, along with your grenades. A man's gotta improvise, even under the circumstances. You bolt for it.
>>
No. 990935 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561170725.gif - (27.79KB , 650x450 , 383.gif )
990935

That's when you hear the worst sound an operator can hear on a job like this: Your techie screaming in a panic.

:Neutron:: HELP!!
>>
No. 990936 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561172040.gif - (18.87KB , 650x450 , 384.gif )
990936

This is bad. Really, really bad. You gotta get :WhiteDwarf: somewhere safe fast.
>>
No. 990937 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561175892.gif - (114.83KB , 650x450 , 385.gif )
990937

>:RedDwarf:: Start blasting.
>@MotherBird

You've got a clear line of sight. You nail him in the chest with the energy gun's disabler bolts, but buckethead there doesn't go down. Must have a little more than blood pumpin' there. You get him to drop his sword and seize up, and it's enough for :Neutron: to book it. You make the unilateral decision for a retreat.

:RedDwarf:: Redshifts!!
:RedDwarf:: We're gettin' outta here!
:RedGiant:: Oh! Oh no, oh no, no no no, she's bleeding!
:RedDwarf:: :RedGiant:! Cover :Neutron:!
:RedGiant:: Yeah!!
:RedDwarf:: :Neutron:! Get :WhiteDwarf: to maint and get a stim in her!
:Neutron:: Please, please be...
:RedDwarf:: MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!

Everyone springs into action.
>>
No. 990938 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561182278.gif - (28.28KB , 650x450 , 386.gif )
990938

>:RedGiant:: Make sure :Chaplain: doesn't get the chance to hurt :WhiteDwarf: ever again.
>@AsciiSquid

:Chaplain:: Ghhh! Libra damn you, you crimson mountain, don't get between my blade and the target that calls it!
:RedGiant:: No.
:RedGiant:: I've already hurt one person today. Please don't make me hurt two.
:RedGiant:: I hate doing it. Please, just stop.
:Chaplain:: Her body conducts a forbidden power!
:RedGiant:: Her body is bleeding. She's hurt, and in pain.
:RedGiant:: She's not conducting anything.
:RedGiant:: Also, she told me that was all in the arm you cut off.

:RedGiant:: I don't want to hurt you too. Please go. The air's getting thin in here.
:Chaplain:: HAH! I could run you through if you tried, blackguard!
:RedGiant:: Probably. Then I'd be bleeding and you'd be hurt after.
:RedGiant:: I'm asking you to not make more pain. There's too much right now.
:Chaplain:: ...

Your bulk deters him. You usually don't think about violence, but right now, you can tell he can't figure out any way to cut you such that you don't immediately replicate a frat boy's forehead-beer-can-crush with his fancy helmet.
>>
No. 990939 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561186961.gif - (19.89KB , 650x450 , 387.gif )
990939

>:Chaplain: : THIS DAMNABLE WALL OF FLESH AND ARMOR MAY HAVE A POINT. WHAT DOES OUR BOOK SAY ABOUT POINTLESS DEATHS?
>@Angry Duck

Well, killing a kind man is certainly a bit against the spirit of things, assuming you can pull it off at all. Finishing off :WhiteDwarf: is something you still are compelled to do, simply because of the abhorrent nature of what you saw her channeling! But... Hmmm. Not while she's watched over by this. You won't finish this matter until :RedGiant: and :WhiteDwarf: are separated.
>>
No. 990940 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561188965.gif - (14.52KB , 650x450 , 388.gif )
990940

>:Neutron: : Don't forget to grab the arm!
>@extramrdo

You forgot to grab the arm.

:Chaplain:: Hmmm...
>>
No. 990941 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561206104.gif - (15.19KB , 650x450 , 389.gif )
990941

>:Chaplain:: Keep the katana so that when next you duel you can give :WhiteDwarf: her weapon first to make it honorable.
>@Scottbert

Well, while you're on the knees for another fresh round of prayer, you might as well. The chances of her achieving a state of honor again before your next meeting are small, but... It would be best.

Oh, right, you also activate your own air supply. That bit about the solar wind filling your lungs just meant "adrenaline", air's pretty thin in here.
>>
No. 990942 ID: 0fbdcd
File 161561209887.gif - (121.89KB , 650x450 , 390.gif )
990942

>:Chaplain:: Retrieve arm.
>@atomicpl