[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 160117423071.png - (308.03KB , 1024x768 , 1.png )
977294 No. 977294 ID: ca2950

A figure is spit onto an uncharted shore by a tumultuous sea. Set free from bonds of iron, only to be chained by something less tangible.

"Oh, bloody fuckin' hell! I can't believe I'm still alive. The gods themselves can't finish me off!"
Expand all images
>>
No. 977295 ID: ca2950
File 160117453567.png - (372.06KB , 1920x1080 , 2.png )
977295

"I'm not dyin' in some shitty prison colony! I'm free! I can go anywhere I want again!"

Ocean stretches across the horizon in every direction. The only land is a sandbar littered with a few scraps of debris and planking from a prison ship.

"FFFFFFFFFFUCK!"
>>
No. 977296 ID: 0fae41

Push box inland. Use plank to recover more jetsam and/or flotsam.
>>
No. 977297 ID: b1b4f3

You and I, we're the only ones who made it to shore... alive, anyway. This place is crawling with criminals. Find something you can defend yourself with.

Like in that crate over there.
Also good news there's a larger island in the distance, you're not completely screwed.
>>
No. 977306 ID: 929a95

Recover crate and plank, the crate may have some pretty sweet loot! also, search the shore for other pieces of wood or even more loot, make sure to even collect the scraps! Those can be dried and used in a fire.
>>
No. 977308 ID: 094652

Remember, it's possible to make a boat out of solid rock.

What's your powerset?
>>
No. 977309 ID: 7c00d9

Take the crates and wood. Can't see you being able to do anything else right now.
>>
No. 977311 ID: 3ed3c3

>>977295
Okay, relax. This is survivable.
The first thing you'll need is shelter. Check the wreckage and surroundings for materials and a suitable campsite.
>>
No. 977312 ID: e51896

>>977311
If smoll enough, crate can be used as shelter.
>>
No. 977313 ID: d909cb

The first course of action is always to take off your clothes.

I mean, wet clothes will simply sap your body heat faster, so this is important for survival.
>>
No. 977314 ID: 2aa5f0

salvage what you can from what you can find that has washed ashore.
>>
No. 977327 ID: ca2950
File 160121919001.png - (312.25KB , 938x768 , 3.png )
977327

>If smoll enough, crate can be used as shelter.

The crate is loosely closed and mostly empty except a few loaves of hard bread that retains its tooth chipping qualities even after being soaked in sea water.
The prisoner sheds her wet clothing and jams herself into the cramped box.

>What's your powerset?

The prisoner spends time waiting out the storm by thinking on her general lack of skill that led to a life of crime and this whole situation. Sigh.

>there's a larger island in the distance, you're not completely screwed

Getting across a large stretch of ocean is a problem at the best of times. There is lots of time to think about how to cross when the weather clears, though.
>>
No. 977329 ID: b8e56c

Well, at least you've got privacy? Do what you like with that. Try working your muscles as much as you can, to keep generating more body heat. You've got the food, for now.

... You do need to worry about water, though. And we don't know when it'll rain again after this storm. Is there anything around that water can be stored in? Even a slightly concave piece of wood or something? If nothing else, stick your cupped hands out in the rain to collect handfuls and suck down as much as you can while it's raining. Are the other sides of the crate water-tight, or at least watertight enough? You might have to give up your shelter to tip its open side up and collect rainwater. Take the bread out first.
>>
No. 977330 ID: 2aa5f0

>Getting across a large stretch of ocean is a problem at the best of times. There is lots of time to think about how to cross when the weather clears, though

Think there are enough scraps of wood laying around on the beach for you to make a shitty raft to try and get to the nearby island? And by raft I really mean just enough drift wood to use as a semi-reliable floaty to let you swim to the other island without drowning. After the storm passes of course, be rather dumb to try something like that now. I'm mostly just asking to see if you have enough wood to try it without braking your only form of shelter.
>>
No. 977334 ID: e51896

Put wet clothing in the crate inside with you so they don't get further drenched and let them dry, even for a little a bit. That way they wont be too drenched to wear and get sick later... unless you want to practice exhibitionism.

Make sure you save some of that bread, you don't know how long you'll be away from civilization.

While it rains, remember what crime that was done that got you captured as a prisoner. recall your name
>>
No. 977336 ID: 7c00d9

>>977334
This.
>>
No. 977348 ID: b1b4f3

>>977327
Eat some bread if you're hungry.
>>
No. 977351 ID: d909cb

Sexy. Well, at least it's sorta dry in the box.

Use the bread to wipe yourself. Then sleep on the bread, have dreams about bread, dreams about buying and selling bread, transporting bread to a different village, getting attacked on the way by some orcs...
>>
No. 977352 ID: 6e6f32

Might as well start fiddling with your wrist Iron. If you encounter people it would be bad for them to immediately know you're a convict. Also it's only a matter of time before it rusts. Might as well get it off before that happens.
>>
No. 977360 ID: ca2950
File 160124572221.png - (109.41KB , 496x707 , 4.png )
977360

>Make sure you save some of that bread

After the storm begins to subside, the bread, pieces of wood big enough to maybe be useful and a stick with a gnarly bit that might make it good for hitting things are gathered up. Along with the crate and prison rags, this is all there is.

New goal: Find better food.
>>
No. 977362 ID: ca2950
File 160124621148.png - (207.48KB , 1024x768 , 5.png )
977362

>While it rains, remember what crime that was done that got you captured as a prisoner. recall your name

The prisoner thinks about the past and realizes that it sucked, in a big way.

"I'm gonna start fresh. The old me died in that wreck. I'll get a new name to represent my new life... and to throw off the authorities."

She looks out over the dark sea, the first light of morning, thinking on the profound ramifications of her symbolic rebirth.

"Oh, shit. More islands."

New goal: Pick a new name.
New goal: Choose an island to make for.
A) Close Island with trees
B) Far Island with trees
C) Far Island that looks kind of tall
>>
No. 977365 ID: e51896

Your name is Raylynn

Choose far island with trees.
>>
No. 977368 ID: d909cb

Name: Eve

Close island with trees is the one you should go for. Currents can be unpredictable and swimming is slow, so it's too dangerous to go for a far island without a raft or something.
>>
No. 977370 ID: e51896

>>977365
(changing my vote to close island with trees)
>>
No. 977372 ID: 5e07e1

Your name is Imogen.

Go to the far island with trees!
>>
No. 977373 ID: 0fae41

How about Sky? Sky's as free as a bird.
Close island with trees. One step at a time.
>>
No. 977374 ID: 8ac9ea

>>977362
Close island with trees, no point risking the further ones when you can get to the closer one and try to gather supplies.
>>
No. 977376 ID: b1b4f3

>>977362
Name: Carly.
Destination A.
>>
No. 977377 ID: 9f59c5

Start with the closer island, get logs, carve a boat, go to more islands and get more logs.
>>
No. 977381 ID: 2aa5f0

Name) Maple

A) Close Island with trees
>>
No. 977387 ID: bb78f2

>>977372
Her name is Heap,
Imgoen Heap.
>>
No. 977405 ID: ca2950
File 160126073044.png - (346.34KB , 1920x1080 , 6.png )
977405

After some deliberation, the prisoner decides on Sky, because birds fly free in the sky, but naming yourself Bird is just dumb and sounds awful, so she'll just go with Sky.

She also considered Imogen, but couldn't figure out how it was spelled consistently and gave up on it.

After paddling a box full of crap across a fair bit of open sea, she arrives on the nearest landmass. The landing point is at the mouth of a river and looks to be heavily wooded and very hilly. There's no sign of civilization anywhere.

What do you do when you're alone in the deep wilderness?

A) Search for food
B)Search for people
C) Set up camp
D) Something else

>>
No. 977407 ID: 7c00d9

First things first, set up camp, then look for food, then for people, if there is any. Keep your eyes and ears peel for danger.
>>
No. 977408 ID: 0fae41

Punch trees, make wood.
Make shelter first. Food comes next.
>>
No. 977409 ID: b1b4f3

>>977405
Set up camp! A river is a great place to call home. It's a source of fresh water and fish for food. It'd be better if you were a bit further upstream, but this is good regardless.
>>
No. 977430 ID: 624a33

C
>>
No. 977431 ID: 094652

Search for food, take note of places to build a shelter as you go.
>>
No. 977435 ID: 4286b4

D) Climb a hill or a vantage point where you can get a good look at most of the island.
>>
No. 977477 ID: f8fa51

How you set up camp is going to depend on whether you feel like you need to hide. Are you truly a free woman now, no-one's going to hunt you down? Then the river, near (but not quite on) the shore would be good. You want to be in the tree-line for shade and firmer ground, but easy access to the sea can be very useful. If you believe you will be hunted, you want to stay away from the sea and leave no evidence of your existence there.
>>
No. 977583 ID: ca2950
File 160143694080.png - (282.30KB , 1620x1080 , 7.png )
977583

>climb a hill or a vantage point where you can get a good look at most of the island

A quick assessment of the area reveals that the forest stretches off into the north and east with a bay or lake in between. The path to the north is flat and stretches off quite a way. The east path is very hilly and Sky can't see far.
>>
No. 977584 ID: ca2950
File 160143757718.png - (280.35KB , 1024x768 , 8.png )
977584

After spending the better part of the day piling up branches to create a makeshift shelter in the undergrowth, Sky tries to build a fire, but fails. Using kindling that's soaking wet from gale force storms is a hindrance, and there is apparently more technique to it than just rubbing sticks together.
Getting properly dry is going to require patience.

>search for food

Sky begins to hunger after shuffling around in the woods and has to consider options;

A)Forage for plantlife
B)Try to catch fish
C)Eat crappy bread
D)Something else

>>
No. 977585 ID: d8a7af

>>977583
The hills gives you field of vision, but the forests may have more resources. The lake or river gives you a water source.
>>
No. 977586 ID: b1b4f3

>>977584
You need fire to eat fish properly, so try foraging.

Also put some branches somewhere they can dry off.
>>
No. 977587 ID: d8a7af

Do you know how to recognize edible wild fruits?
Might as well try and risk A.
>>
No. 977588 ID: 0fae41

Go foraging for sandwich ingredients. Make a pointy stick first. For foraging, of course.
>>
No. 977591 ID: 8ac9ea

>>977584
>no fire
Oh yeah everything is wet, right.
See if you can find a decent-sized flatish rock to put the firewood on to dry in the sun, as well as some grass. Also yeah rubbing sticks together sucks, but maybe if you find some flint you can use it with that manacle there to produce sparks.
>>
No. 977593 ID: 4f8c76

I wonder if the kindling will dry enough after we finish hunting for fish. I'd rather not risk eating something poisonous and just go fishing and wait paitently for the stuff to dry. Gotta have patience. I choose B
>>
No. 977595 ID: 1be69f

>>977593
Bold of you to assume the fish won't be poisonous/venomous/hazardous.
>>
No. 977596 ID: 4e224e

>>977584
See if you can find a fresh water source.
>>
No. 977610 ID: 4286b4

A) Find some juicy fruit that's totally not a tentacle trap.
>>
No. 977614 ID: 2aa5f0

C)Eat crappy bread
>>
No. 977618 ID: ce39da

C: You are in possession of perishable victuals. Eat 'em.
>>
No. 977819 ID: ca2950
File 160173567231.png - (182.65KB , 1024x768 , 9.png )
977819

The sun continues to sink as Sky tries to find any fruits or vegetables lying around in the forest. After searching to no avail for some time, she stumbles across a very large spider in the underbrush.

Its nutritional value is questionable.
>>
No. 977820 ID: d909cb

Play dead. I'm sure it will leave you alone.
>>
No. 977821 ID: a27af2

Throw your shirt and/or pants over its head to blind it, then strike it down.
>>
No. 977823 ID: b1b4f3

>>977819
I think at this point you should run away.
>>
No. 977825 ID: 094652

Attempt to make friends with spider
>>
No. 977827 ID: ba659f

Leave it alone, it might not even be agresive.
>>
No. 977843 ID: 6e6f32

You realize it's insides are literally all slime, right?
You won't be able stomach it without fire to cook it.
>>
No. 977847 ID: 2aa5f0

haha, no.

You ain't desperate enough yet to fight a giant spider while naked with only a stick just so you MIGHT be able to eat it. You got bread back at camp and as crappy as it is it well probably still be better then raw spider guts.
>>
No. 977882 ID: ca2950
File 160182503772.png - (208.77KB , 1024x768 , 10.png )
977882

Sky backs away slowly and sneaks away from the giant monster arachnid, slipping back to her shelter to chew on hard, flavorless bread.

While carefully avoiding breaking a tooth, she thinks on how the landscape is laid out and whether she should move somewhere else.

A}Move North
B}Move East
C}Give up and start trying to build a permanent settlement thirty feet from shore
D}Something else

>>
No. 977883 ID: d909cb

Where on the map are we?

A) Move North
>>
No. 977884 ID: 12b116

>>977882
Move east, closer to the presumably fresh water source. Maybe you can find some flint in the hilly area.
>>
No. 977895 ID: ba659f

Hmmm, if the East has drinking water, let's go there.
>>
No. 977898 ID: d909cb

Actually, east sounds better. Or north-east. Gotta check if the water on the other side is salty or not. Then you could soften the bread with it heh.
>>
No. 977900 ID: b1b4f3

>>977882
Where is the river? Just head upriver, wherever that is.
>>
No. 977908 ID: e51896

East for fresh water.
Hopefully, the firewood isn't wet anymore and we can heat the water to keep from getting sick.
>>
No. 977913 ID: 2aa5f0

probably best to move closer to the fresh water source. also try to stick close to that river you saw when you ran ashore as running water tends to be safer to drink.
>>
No. 977914 ID: 6e6f32

>>977900
This. This right here. It will lead to higher ground, and cleaner water.
>>
No. 977919 ID: e51896

>>977914
Changing my vote to this
but still bring the firewood and check if it is dry enough yet.
>>
No. 977945 ID: a6e54f

>>977882
The jungle is full of nasty creepy crawlies, best bet is to set up shop right on the beach.
>>
No. 977947 ID: 0fae41

Go east, follow the shore and see if you find more land or more ocean.
>>
No. 977953 ID: ca2950
File 160188348803.png - (166.25KB , 1024x768 , 11.png )
977953

Packing up her bread and stick, Sky heads east along the river into the hills. After getting a little roughed up from traveling through the rough terrain, she emerges from the woods late the next day onto a rolling plain. The land starts to become mountainous nearby, the hills transitioning into rocky peaks further on.

Darkness is beginning to fall. Sky tries hitting rocks on her manacle to make sparks, but none of them seem to be the right kind.
>>
No. 977954 ID: 4c58a6

See if any of those three caves are unoccupied and sleep for the night in one if you get lucky. Also be ready to flee from bears, bats, cave oozes, etc.
>>
No. 977955 ID: d909cb

Check out those caves. Avoid those that go deeper in, since you can't tell if they're safe.
>>
No. 977956 ID: 2aa5f0

go to skull mountain and see if that would be a good spot to set up a base.
>>
No. 977960 ID: ba659f

>>977954
Yee.
>>
No. 978024 ID: ca2950
File 160201850422.png - (156.24KB , 1024x768 , 12.png )
978024

After a bit of a hike downstream, Sky reaches the foothills and finds a large mouthed cave that isn't excessively sheltered, but is open enough to allow light in, unlike the other caves that honeycomb the mountain nearby.

She still can't find any rocks that make sparks.

Sky has time to do one thing before it gets dark;

A)Try to find flint to start a fire
B)Try to start a fire by rubbing sticks together
C)Gather up leaves and sticks to sleep in under the assumption that fire building will inevitably fail
D)Something else

>>
No. 978025 ID: 094652

C) Leaves will guarantee heat, rocks won't. Besides, you can use them as kindling when they dry up.
>>
No. 978027 ID: b1b4f3

>>978024
A. Because it's portable, whereas the other options aren't really. Also you need flint to make tools.
>>
No. 978028 ID: d909cb

D) Inspect your breasts
>>
No. 978030 ID: 0fae41

C) Sticks and leaves. The pile will slowly give off heat and works as camo from predators.
>>
No. 978033 ID: f9c7fc

Option B.

Put in that elbow grease!
>>
No. 978051 ID: c57263

B. Make a fire plough. That is probably the easiest way (relatively speaking).

>>978027
We can make stone tools out of other types of stone. Coarse grained stone can be ground into the shape we want and other fine grained stones can be knapped just like flint.
>>
No. 978057 ID: f8fa51

C: You can try to make fire when failing isn't going to result in freezing to death.
>>
No. 978062 ID: 2aa5f0

A)Try to find flint to start a fire
>>
No. 978063 ID: 6e6f32

C.
I mean. We need those in the first place if were gonna make any respectable fire. Really if you've never done it before, you should spend a large portion of the day on it.
>>
No. 978083 ID: ce39da

C: Much of what goes into a decent fire is the fuel, anyway; keep an eye out for dry shrubbery in particular.
>>
No. 978711 ID: f2320a

>>978024
C retaining heat is important
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason