[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 159971026806.png - (32.87KB , 512x512 , panel1.png )
975978 No. 975978 ID: ce5cbd

Expand all images
>>
No. 975979 ID: ce5cbd
File 159971029639.png - (51.60KB , 512x512 , panel2.png )
975979

Did you need me for something, sir?
>>
No. 975980 ID: ce5cbd
File 159971043261.png - (41.52KB , 512x512 , panel3.png )
975980

"Hello worker, as you can see from the giant magi-tech space station currently shaking with arcane magic outside the Earth has approximately two days to live before half the solar system is blown up by a COSMIC ULTRA NUKE hidden in the space station.

Due to budget cuts I can't pay anyone with any power enough money to actually care so I'm sending you instead."

At least he isn't black out drunk today.

>_
>>
No. 975981 ID: 939594

"What's my budget?"
>>
No. 975982 ID: e7c7d3

Ask if this is going on your annual employment review
>>
No. 975983 ID: bcda15

Can I get a title bump instead of a pay raise at least?
>>
No. 975985 ID: 894419

Can I take the company car?
>>
No. 975991 ID: 0e149a

why can't YOU do it boss man
>>
No. 975992 ID: b1b4f3

What's the mission, exactly? Steal the COSMIC ULTRA NUKE? Disarm it? Destroy it? Pilot the space station into an enemy solar system instead?
>>
No. 975996 ID: df76b1

>>975992
Really if we do any of these, we can claim to have solved the problem.

Personally I say send it to another dimension, let Azathoth deal with it.
>>
No. 975997 ID: ce39da

"Alright, beam me up and I'll see what I can do."
>>
No. 975998 ID: 3ed3c3

"Do I get hazard pay?"
>>
No. 976046 ID: ce5cbd
File 159979407545.png - (42.81KB , 512x512 , panel4.png )
976046

"Sir, am I just going into this mission with only my hopes and dreams or something? Can't I at least get the company car? What am I supposed to do with the COSMIC ULTRA NUKE anyway?"

"The 'company car' is a scooter that had its engine sold at a loss. What happens to the COSMIC ULTRA NUKE doesn't matter, just make sure we're still alive after a couple days. Also, don't worry, I have some of the best equipment we could afford."
>>
No. 976048 ID: ce5cbd
File 159979416476.png - (42.21KB , 512x512 , panel5.png )
976048

He takes out a wooden stick covered in grease and filth. Wait, that's a magic wand!

"I found it under the dumpster, I think it has some half decent mana storage and regeneration. Hope you know spells, worker."

TRASH STICK
Mana Storage - 1 [Number of times you can cast a spell per encounter. Recharges after an encounter, and is unlimited outside encounters.]
Special - Any mage that actually sees you use this is gonna think a lot less of you than normal.

The only spell I know is Thermus, which can raise or lower an object's temperature by 100 K. I tried using it at a kid's birthday once. He probably won't miss his dad too bad. In a fight however, I'll need a moment of unbroken focus to apply it to a living being, and unless they aren't aware of me they'll figure out what I'm doing immediately.

"Also, I have a magic weapon some blokes found in a lake for gods know how long."

A magic weapon? Man, those are rare!
>>
No. 976049 ID: ce5cbd
File 159979417410.png - (41.43KB , 512x512 , panel6.png )
976049

Oh.

"It was in a lake for like a thousand years, you gotta take what you can get."

SCRAPPY SWORD
[b]Special[\b] - Fuck you.

"Boss, if you have all this already why can't you do it?"

"Worker, if I worked I'd be a worker, not a boss."

"What do I get out of this anyway? Pay raise, title bump?"

"Nothing. Now with that out of the way do you have any other questions? If not then I'll send you off."
>>
No. 976051 ID: b1b4f3

>>976049
Why hasn't the government sent some crack team of well equipped highly skilled heroes to do this?
Can you bring other people with you to help?
>>
No. 976052 ID: 094652

Realize at this point that the highest levels of the elite see the world as a video game, and they're sick of playing but want to maximize their score by sending a failed effort to save the world and blow it up even further.

Now ask for cheat codes and microtransactions. Get their nostalgia to slip them up with actual success.
>>
No. 976054 ID: df76b1

If I have to walk to space, it's going to hurt our deadline.

Can't I have cabfare, or enough powder for the company cannon?
>>
No. 976055 ID: 894419

We're gonna need a really good place to do a ramp jump with that scooter if we're going to make it into orbit. Does Boss know any good half-piping locations?
>>
No. 976057 ID: b1b4f3

Oh right ask if there's anyone who can repair the sword. Or upgrade your scooter so you can reach the space station.

>unlimited outside encounters
Hold on, is there any cooldown whatsoever on Thermus? If not, we can use it rapidfire to explode things or create superconductors. Also, what happens if you try lower an object below 0 Kelvin?
>>
No. 976060 ID: ce39da

"Okay, so what you haven't answered is 'how I'm expected to get up there.' I don't have any teleportation or flight spells, myself."
>>
No. 976685 ID: ce5cbd
File 160049166887.png - (63.54KB , 512x512 , panel7.png )
976685

"Alright, so, how am I gonna get there?"

"You ask way too many goddamn questions worker. There's a few spots you can go to reach the space station."
>>
No. 976686 ID: ce5cbd
File 160049167437.png - (57.28KB , 512x512 , panel8.png )
976686

"The first option is to travel to the northern military installation and take the stairs directly into the space station. Normally it'd be defended and all, but ever since the military budget got slashed by 0.5% the soldiers just kinda gave up and most of them went AWOL, though there might be some stragglers.

"The other option, seeing as you can't seem to keep your eyes off the damn scooter, is to get a scooter flight upgrade from the mechanic downtown. He's kind of a massive dickhead and thinks I robbed him of his money so you're gonna have to find a way to convince him. I totally did, by the way, but that's besides the point."

"The last option, finally, is to petition the western wizarding tower for a teleport spell, though they're naturally gonna ask something of you. I heard the newest grandmaster is a bit more sinister than her predecessors, but her assets are to die fo- anyway."

"I'm kind of tired of you now, so I'll escort you out. Fuck off and try not to get killed, if you get back don't be surprised if you see a pink slip on your desk."
>>
No. 976687 ID: ce5cbd
File 160049167742.png - (15.69KB , 512x512 , panel9.png )
976687

I can't believe it, an adventure! It's like I'm in a storybook! All my life I dreamed of heading to new places and meeting new people, until I got a desk job that sapped my soul into oblivion.
>>
No. 976688 ID: ce5cbd
File 160049169171.png - (42.90KB , 512x512 , panel10.png )
976688

The only question is, where to?

>Military Base
>Wizard Tower
>Mechanic Shop
>Other_
>>
No. 976689 ID: df76b1

Mechanic, enroute to the Military Base.

We need a running scooter, but we should also scavenge some explosives or whatnot at the base.
>>
No. 976692 ID: b1b4f3

Scooter! Advantage is that it works for a return trip and doesn't require climbing a shitload of stairs.
>>
No. 976701 ID: cbee43

>>976692
We could just stipulerte to the wizard that we’d like a return trip option as well, you know? Frankly I bet this is the fault of wizards in the first place so we might as well hit up the (best) western wizarding tower and ask if they know anything about it while we’re petitioning.

Or hope the space station containing the COSMIC ULTRA NUKE at least has a functional escape pod.
>>
No. 976869 ID: f56a2b

>>976689
tihs
>>
No. 977921 ID: ce5cbd
File 160186658208.png - (70.19KB , 512x512 , panel11.png )
977921

Aw right! Mechanics shop then the military base. Just gotta find the-
>>
No. 977922 ID: ce5cbd
File 160186658837.png - (61.60KB , 512x512 , panel12.png )
977922

Oh, right. Ah, well, it beats the stairs.

By the by, Thermus usually can be used constantly, but the gesture takes several seconds to perform, which is also stacked on top of the moment's concentration for organic things. It naturally can't drop things below 0 K. Additionally, it's less "heat" and more sudden temperature change. If you were to cast it on water at 25 C or so into 125 C the temperature will immediately drop to vaporize the liquid, if the liquid's too big it'll be stuck at 100 C with some steam flying around (enviromental conditions may change this). Similar effect goes on with "cooling" things. Funny how that works.

All spells either have a gesture or vocal aspect, and a mental aspect only found in spellbooks or teachers.
>>
No. 977923 ID: ce5cbd
File 160186659108.png - (81.16KB , 512x512 , panel13.png )
977923

Man, what a lovely day out! A great time to go stop the world from blowing up.

"Halt!"

Uh oh.
>>
No. 977924 ID: ce5cbd
File 160186659406.png - (49.00KB , 512x512 , panel14.png )
977924

A Mage Watcher.

"Oi bloke, you got a license for that wan-"
>>
No. 977925 ID: ce5cbd
File 160186659702.png - (51.20KB , 512x512 , panel15.png )
977925

"Eeuughh..."

I do not, as a matter of a fact. I should probably do something before I get arrested.

>_
>>
No. 977927 ID: f56a2b

Wand? Oh, no. This is just some shit my boss gave me. No, you want it? Here. License? What? Just take this stinky shit, I hate it, and I'm tired of the rash carrying it around is giving me. If I need a license to carry trash for my boss, I guess I'll be better off fired.
>>
No. 977928 ID: cdabe3

Try not to stare at her tits and get incredibly aroused
>>
No. 977950 ID: df76b1

rolled 88 = 88

Roll to seduce. Toss a Loin to your Watcher.
>>
No. 977952 ID: 0af973

>>977927
Backing
>>
No. 977967 ID: 8fab7a

What, they want you to HAND IT OVER for INSPECTION, they said?

Move closer, threaten to give it to them. Watch them find something - anything - better to do.

If they actually decide to perform their duty, rather than avoid it like the plague they'd catch from touching this thing, admit you don't own it and that it was found in the trash.

Then ask if they, as an authority figure checking for unlicensed magical artifacts, aren't going to do something about the COSMIC ULTRA NUKE that's threatening to blow up the space station and half the solar system?
>>
No. 977968 ID: 1a8428

Don't worry, I'm only going to use it in space, where the law doesn't reach probably. Do you want to come along? I assume you have some interest in not dying in the next couple of days. Could use some help making that not happen.
>>
No. 978262 ID: 15a025

Wand? This is just a stick I dug out of a dumpster. You got a license or ID that says you can inspect my dumpster stick? Are you even a real mage watcher?
>>
No. 980556 ID: ce5cbd
File 160479318806.png - (57.70KB , 512x512 , 1604793134698.png )
980556

Judging by the Mage Watcher emblem on her cartoonishly large chest, it'd be a bad idea to question her authority.

"Don't worry, my boss gave it to me to borrow, just ask him! Technically, I AM going to be using it out in space anyway."

"Literally NEITHER of those things let you walk around with a wand without a magic license."

"Ah, well, alright Ms...?"

"Riede Shafthound."

...Yeah, sure.
>>
No. 980557 ID: ce5cbd
File 160479319269.png - (63.83KB , 512x512 , 1604793060395.png )
980557

"OK PAL I was just asking you where your license was I don't need to hold it YET!"


"Aw come on, it just gives me a light rash! Besides, if I don't the world's gonna blow up!"

"...I'm sorry?"

"Yeah! See the space station? It's gonna blow up half the solar system!"
>>
No. 980558 ID: ce5cbd
File 160479320111.png - (43.10KB , 512x512 , 1604792817744.png )
980558

>>
No. 980559 ID: ce5cbd
File 160479320458.png - (59.47KB , 512x512 , 1604792822479.png )
980559

"Huh, the USCR said it was just the decennial Cosmic Rave. Now that I think about it, it does seem strange that the Headmistress was complaining about it being postponed for another year or so."

...Alrighty then. Plan B.
>>
No. 980560 ID: ce5cbd
File 160479320893.png - (53.41KB , 512x512 , 1604792827669.png )
980560

"How about you join me so I can prove to you that we really are in danger? Then maybe later we can go for McBonalds or something for dinner?"
>>
No. 980561 ID: ce5cbd
File 160479321138.png - (38.41KB , 512x512 , 1604793109111.png )
980561

>>
No. 980562 ID: ce5cbd
File 160479321584.png - (38.96KB , 512x512 , 1604792843704.png )
980562

"I'm gonna pretend that that wasn't the world's shittiest attempt at asking someone out and say 'Fine, I'll hang around just to make sure you don't fuck around and that everything's going all right at the Station.' How are we getting there anyway? There's enough bureaucratic red tape that authorizing a teleportation spell onto the platform through the anti-magic field takes weeks if you're not the Headmistress or any other magical authority."

"I'm gonna fly there with a scooter."

"...What?"

>_
>>
No. 980563 ID: b1b4f3

>>980562
Yeah you're gonna get rockets put on it or something and get some kind of protection to not die in space. Easy.
>>
No. 980578 ID: 894419

You heard what I said!
>>
No. 980592 ID: df76b1

Flying scooters isn't really my department. I'm going to see an expert, now.
>>
No. 980611 ID: 094652

"The mega-corporation that took over the world intentionally fired all their non-predatory-business employees and now nobody in charge knows how to use trillions of dollars' worth of infrastructure and technology to save the world, so the corpos did the corporate thing and threw wage slaves at the problem. Hence my lack of funding.

Please help me I want to live to see myself in your bed tomorrow."
>>
No. 980657 ID: e9d128

>>980562
Well, Watcher Shafthound, I managed to weasel out three ways of getting to the station from my drunkard of a boss. Attempting to cut the red tape at the wizarding tower would be one, but I'd probably get distracted by the Headmistress's enormous... power. The next best option is to take the stairs in a mostly abandoned military base, but I'm not that desperate, yet. So, that leaves me with convincing someone who rightfully hates my boss to upgrade the company scooter.
I'm in over my head, and although I want to live, I don't want to die with any regrets, so you may have to deal with some shitty one liners and more than a few passes at you.
>>
No. 984596 ID: ce5cbd
File 160947632211.png - (72.52KB , 512x512 , panel16.png )
984596

"Yeah, I didn't have have very many options, so I decided to spare my legs and just fly there."

"Wait, but what about oxy-"
>>
No. 984597 ID: ce5cbd
File 160947632518.png - (42.51KB , 512x512 , panel17.png )
984597

"Oh hey we're here!"

"Stars damn it."
>>
No. 984598 ID: ce5cbd
File 160947632922.png - (87.69KB , 512x512 , panel18.png )
984598

An old rusty bell chimes as we enter the lobby. A soft voice rings out from the back.

"I'll be there in juuuuuuuuuuust a sec~!"

Looking at the walls here, I am stricken by the possibility that I should have thought of a game plan before walking in here.

>_
>>
No. 984599 ID: b1b4f3

>>984598
Ask your new buddy to be your face for this transaction.
>>
No. 984601 ID: e8bee9

>>984598
FIRST THINGS FIRST
"do you have any astronaut suits rated for low earth orbit? failing that, got any airtight helmets? also i want to make my scooter get to the space station, honestly not worried about getting back"
>>
No. 984602 ID: b1b4f3

>>984601
In case you missed it, the posters are wanted posters for Worker's boss. We need some subtlety here.
>>
No. 984676 ID: ce5cbd
File 160964587911.png - (60.16KB , 512x512 , panel19.png )
984676

"Oh right so the owner of this shop has a blood feud against Boss and by extension the entirety of Company so you're gonna have to take over from here."

"Are you serious? Wh-"

"Uh oh, here he comes."
>>
No. 984677 ID: ce5cbd
File 160964588387.png - (87.25KB , 512x512 , panel20.png )
984677

Aaaaand out he goes. Fantastic.

"Hello there, how can I help you today~?"
>>
No. 984678 ID: ce5cbd
File 160964588736.png - (76.46KB , 512x512 , panel21.png )
984678

I almost mistook the scooter mechanic for a girl for a second. Honestly, he doesn't look half ba-.

Focus. Slim figure. Stained hands. Likely the only employee of the place based on how small this establishment is. He seems like a nice man, but the apparent fixation to... "Company"'s boss is concerning. Proceed with caution.

"Ah! A Mage Watcher. Officer, what can I help you with?"

"Uh, right, I need to get this scooter capable of space flight. Also, do you have any space suits with full oxygen supply we might be able to use?"

"Ah, yes, the Space Travel Suite~. Let me just-"
>>
No. 984679 ID: ce5cbd
File 160964589032.png - (53.55KB , 512x512 , panel22.png )
984679

"Wait a FUCKING second. This is a Company scooter. Miss Watcher, where, precisely, did you get this?"

Shit.

>_
>>
No. 984680 ID: e2f5cc

"Found it in the dumpster, cleaned it up a little."
>>
No. 984684 ID: b1b4f3

>>984679
You confiscated it pending an official investigation.
It's almost true!
>>
No. 984698 ID: 874370

"Boss now has one less scooter on his personal belongings. Can you fix it so I can fly up to his window and rub it in his unwashed face?"
>>
No. 984700 ID: f8fa51

Yup, definitely confiscated.
>>
No. 984739 ID: 4d4283

I think it's better to say "confiscated" than "stolen". As a Mage Watcher there is a image to preserve (and is less shady).
>>
No. 984939 ID: eb1fcc

>>984698
this, with the stipulation we actually do it later
>>
No. 986816 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161232091207.png - (57.80KB , 512x512 , panel23.png )
986816

"Oh, well sir you may be delighted to hear that Company is currently under investigation for illegally distributing magical items to unlicensed users."

"R-really? Finally, the damn mutt is getting punished for something. But, why do you need his scooter?"
>>
No. 986817 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161232091605.png - (43.71KB , 512x512 , panel24.png )
986817

"As compensation for, uhhhhhhh, already confirmed crimes we've already seized a bunch of Company's assets as payment. This included."

"Hmmmm, alright. And why do you need the space travel suite?"

"So I can fly it up to his office and spit in his face." Whoever he is.
>>
No. 986818 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161232091949.png - (51.28KB , 512x512 , panel25.png )
986818

"That doesn't sound very pro-. You know what, yeah, he does deserve that!"

"Yeah! How soon can you get this scooter up and running? I'll need two space suits as well."

"I can get it ready within an hour. The two person space travel suite will be about 4000 Dobs!"

Aw fuck, that's like a month's salary.

>_
>>
No. 986819 ID: b1b4f3

Well, it's for the sake of the world.
Pay it and then convince the other dude to pay you back. Or at least pay half of it back.
>>
No. 986823 ID: 0d0f23

Go in debt by offering an IOU on behalf of the mage watchers
>>
No. 987967 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161326579280.png - (49.41KB , 512x512 , panel26.png )
987967

"Excuse me, I need to talk to a, uh, colleague for a second."

"Oh, certainly miss!"
>>
No. 987968 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161326579613.png - (60.83KB , 512x512 , panel27.png )
987968

"Oi, you."

"Yeah?"

"The hell's your name anyway?"

"Worker."

...Right.
>>
No. 987969 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161326580191.png - (48.87KB , 512x512 , panel28.png )
987969

"Ok Worker, I managed to secure a deal but we need 4000 Dobs. Think we could split it up 50/50 o-"

"Oh right, that! Problem is I don't have nearly as much as 2000 Dobs."

"What? Why?!"

"Pay cuts, I've only been getting paid 200 Dobs a month the past two years or so."

THAT'S SEVERAL TIMES BELOW THE POVERTY LI- you know what forget it.
>>
No. 987970 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161326580606.png - (32.23KB , 512x512 , panel29.png )
987970

"Ok, so I'm just gonna have to use credit."

If this all turns out to be a fib the Mistress is gonna lock me up in the "naughty dungeon".

Cosmic Kings help me.

"Splendid~! I'll have it out in an hour or so."

At least I'll get a chance to rest.
>>
No. 987971 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161326581140.png - (36.85KB , 512x512 , panel30.png )
987971

You know, I'm fairly certain space isn't supposed to open like that.

>_
>>
No. 987972 ID: b1b4f3

>>987971
Stick your dick in it.
>>
No. 987974 ID: afe7de

Watch in horror as your ex girlfriend pops out of the tear in space.
>>
No. 987992 ID: 9a2966

Observe trepidatiously.
>>
No. 988031 ID: a060c0

Politely state to whoever comes out of it that you are on Company time and can't deal with tears un the fabric of reality right now.
>>
No. 988039 ID: ce39da

>>988031
This; we can't do much else, and it would be best not to cause a scene while the bird still needs to think we're uninvolved.
>>
No. 988618 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161385013004.png - (17.31KB , 512x512 , panel31.png )
988618

"Uhh..."
>>
No. 988619 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161385013365.png - (31.36KB , 512x512 , panel32.png )
988619

>>
No. 988620 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161385013618.png - (89.54KB , 512x512 , panel33.png )
988620

"You. Are you the one trying to reach the space sta-"
>>
No. 988621 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161385014319.png - (45.04KB , 512x512 , panel34.png )
988621

"Look lady, I don't really have time to play around with weird gaps in space, I'm on Company time right now."
>>
No. 988622 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161385014656.png - (37.92KB , 512x512 , panel35.png )
988622

>>
No. 988623 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161385014971.png - (46.54KB , 512x512 , panel36.png )
988623

I think it's working!

>_
>>
No. 988625 ID: 1332e6

Looks like they trying to attack you from behind with portal nonsense. Luckily you are an OFFICE WORKER and as such has gained the survival skill of having an awareness to when your boss is watching you from behind when somebody is attacking you from behind.
>>
No. 988627 ID: 894419

Because our soul has be so thoroughly crushed by the daily grind and unpaid overtime we have the natural ability to expertly dodge any work that isn't explicitly in our job description. Refer her to customer service in case she has more questions.
>>
No. 988628 ID: b1b4f3

>>988623
You should answer her question. She's trying to attack you anyway.
>>
No. 988629 ID: ce39da

Grab the not-sharp edge of the sword and yank.

"Ma'am, do I need to report you to human resources?"
>>
No. 988932 ID: 3a6df7

"Ma'am, I need to prevent the world from exploding, please let me di my job."
>>
No. 991368 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161578407326.png - (60.24KB , 512x512 , panel37.png )
991368

Oooooook lets cool it with the work jokes, believe it or not my job isn't 100% of my life.

Only 99% of it.
>>
No. 991369 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161578407770.png - (31.37KB , 512x512 , panel38.png )
991369

Yoink.
>>
No. 991370 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161578408014.png - (33.96KB , 512x512 , panel39.png )
991370

"Alright lady, yes. I have a Boss given duty to get to that space station and prevent it from blowing up."

"Then you're in our way. Now..."
>>
No. 991371 ID: 8d2ba7
File 161578408331.png - (25.04KB , 512x512 , panel40.png )
991371

"Why? Who set you up for this? Surrender and talk and you just might survive."

>_
>>
No. 991372 ID: b1b4f3

>>991371
It's got a COSMIC ULTRA NUKE inside it. I'm guessing you don't know about that. If it blows, half the solar system goes along with it.
Why do you want to blow it up?
>>
No. 991384 ID: afe7de

So you're saying you want the solar system to blow up? AND you're going around stopping anyone who would make it so the solar system didn't blow up? That's cold dude.
>>
No. 991419 ID: ce39da

"I just said; boss said to. And I'd have thunk 'stop half the solar system from exploding so that we don't all die' would have been pretty self-evident."
>>
No. 991420 ID: 8a51ec

"Are you aware there's a COSMIC ULTRA NUKE on that station? Because that'd be pretty embarrassing if you were just trying to blow up the station and accidentally erased half the solar system."
>>
No. 1000714 ID: f0ab12
File 162131228440.png - (57.66KB , 512x512 , panel41.png )
1000714

"My boss who works at Company told me to."

"...Company? What company?"

"Company."

"...What?"

"...So, uh, you do know that it's gonna destroy most of the solar system, right?"

"...Yes? Of course I do, you fucking buffoon. Why else would we be doing it?"

"Then..."
>>
No. 1000715 ID: f0ab12
File 162131228958.png - (66.08KB , 512x512 , panel42.png )
1000715

"...Why?"

"OUR WAYS ARE BEYOND YOU! Now stand still and disappear!"

Now THAT'S what I call a wand!

...Oh shit, she's probably gonna cast something.

>_
>>
No. 1000716 ID: 96c896

>>1000715
She's telling you to stand still so obviously you should dodge.
Don't let go of the sword though, steal it. Use it against her.
>>
No. 1000723 ID: 6a2a09

stick your other hand into her mouth and pull her tongue so she cant verbally cast a spell. And then press yourself right up against her wand so she can't use it via gesture.
>>
No. 1000725 ID: 9675f4

Punch her in the face, obviously.

Again with the "our plan is too complex for you to comprehend" cliché. Why don't you try for a change?

I bet you just said that because none of you could think of a motive.
>>
No. 1000783 ID: ce39da

"You don't actually know, do you?"

Snatch the wand out of her hand, duh.

If she doubles down on the "incomprehensibility" of their reasons, fire back with: "I mean, you seem to comprehend it fine enough, so it can't be that hard to wrap my head around. C'mon, let's hear it. Use your words."
>>
No. 1000807 ID: eb1fcc

>>1000715
"So you're ending the solar system for reasons you weren't told, likely for the profit of some bumbling old impotent?

Shit man you sure you're not working for the company too because that has their M.O. all over it."
>>
No. 1001013 ID: f0ab12
File 162146084638.png - (36.28KB , 512x512 , panel43.png )
1001013

"You sure you can't tell me? If you can get it, then I'd definitely could."

"As if, you pest ridden cat!"

"You sure Boss didn't hire you too? Oh well."

"Hey! I said don't mo- OI!"
>>
No. 1001014 ID: f0ab12
File 162146085001.png - (58.72KB , 512x512 , panel44.png )
1001014

"ASSHOLE THOSE ARE MINE LET GO!"
>>
No. 1001015 ID: f0ab12
File 162146085445.png - (55.29KB , 512x512 , panel45.png )
1001015

YOU DARE BESMIRCH THE NOBLE HOUSE OF YEVASA WITH YOUR FILTH? YOUR DIRTY HANDS? BITCH! WRETCH! DISGUSTING ANIMAL! UNHAND MY BELONGINGS THIS INSTANT YOU FUCK!
>>
No. 1001016 ID: f0ab12
File 162146085737.png - (51.82KB , 512x512 , panel46.png )
1001016

[incoherent screeching]

Man, she just keeps on going. We're at a stalemate at the moment, but at this rate she's gonna attract a lot more unwanted attention.

>_
>>
No. 1001023 ID: 96c896

>>1001016
Let the sword go so it rubberbands back at her.
>>
No. 1001024 ID: 26235b

Being a good Company Worker, you should act in a formal fashion. Tell her that you cannot return these items to her, but she may file an official request for compensation due to your company's operations. Then hand her the Company's trusty Form 269.F "Request for Compensation", which you always carry with you for obvious reasons, and help her fill it out.
>>
No. 1001029 ID: 1f53e8

Keep pulling her arms away.

Then let go.
>>
No. 1001042 ID: eb1fcc

>>1001024
Hell yeah, flex your Bureaucracy-fu!
>>
No. 1001148 ID: fe1ece

>>1001016
Let her arms go, yes, but first tie them into a pretzel. Maybe see if you can't yoink the wand from her grasp first.
>>
No. 1001156 ID: fb672b

You grabbed this person's sword. Threaten to unhand them with it.
>>
No. 1001164 ID: cd5ee2

I know is a bad option buuuut... ¡Surprise seduction atempt!
>>
No. 1002524 ID: f0ab12
File 162273595853.png - (51.94KB , 512x512 , panel47.png )
1002524

You know, I don't mind not having the sword but the wand would definitely be an improvement.
>>
No. 1002525 ID: f0ab12
File 162273596206.png - (20.59KB , 512x512 , panel48.png )
1002525

>>
No. 1002526 ID: f0ab12
File 162273596564.png - (27.66KB , 512x512 , panel49.png )
1002526

>>
No. 1002527 ID: f0ab12
File 162273596831.png - (29.07KB , 512x512 , panel50.png )
1002527

>>
No. 1002528 ID: f0ab12
File 162273597405.png - (54.47KB , 512x512 , panel51.png )
1002528

Well, it worked. Got a cooler wand too.

PHASE ROD
Mana Storage - 3
Special - AT WILL: Change places with something whose volume is less than or equal of the caster within 5 meters of the caster.

"Alright, so for reasons I am not legally obligated to explain I am confiscating your wand. I'm faiiiiiiiirly sure if you contact Company we'll be able to recompe-"
>>
No. 1002529 ID: f0ab12
File 162273598054.png - (48.85KB , 512x512 , panel52.png )
1002529

Oh. Right.

I forgot, we're flat broke.

>_
>>
No. 1002531 ID: 094652

Quickly swap places with the mage - not the sword, though! That goes in your hand!
>>
No. 1002547 ID: 96c896

Yeah swap with mage, turn her attack against her.
>>
No. 1002551 ID: 0fae41

Swap places with her sword.
>>
No. 1002561 ID: 8e7efc

I like the swap with sword idea. They are holding the sword over their head so when you swap with sword you'll both disarm and then immobilise them by landing right on top of them.
>>
No. 1004612 ID: 9dc069
File 162511408203.png - (56.37KB , 512x512 , panel53.png )
1004612

Switching with the sword COULD be cool, but it's, well, kinda long, to the point where its length and volume are probably incalculable by mortal minds. The only time I saw it completely unsheathed was when she tried to stab me earlier. I can only switch with objects with as much or less volume as myself.

Switching with her is pretty good. Although, if we don't want to cut her in half there's always just-
>>
No. 1004613 ID: 9dc069
File 162511408740.png - (57.18KB , 512x512 , panel54.png )
1004613

"NO!"
>>
No. 1004614 ID: 9dc069
File 162511408949.png - (45.36KB , 512x512 , panel55.png )
1004614

Her voice softens as she trembles slightly, "E-even if you kill me, my masters will send more to avenge m-me! I'll, I'll-"
>>
No. 1004615 ID: 9dc069
File 162511409250.png - (43.30KB , 512x512 , panel56.png )
1004615

bonk
>>
No. 1004616 ID: 9dc069
File 162511409437.png - (42.36KB , 512x512 , panel57.png )
1004616

Well. That happened. From what I can tell, this sword is controlled with her magic so it'll be stuck mostly "sheathed" like this if I keep it.

>_
>>
No. 1004618 ID: 96c896

>>1004616
Tell the policewoman what happened then see if you can fly that scooter.
>>
No. 1004623 ID: 62d4b3

Aight, now marry her before she wakes up. Since you're cheap and can't afford a party, just have the officer certify the marriage form, which you also carry with you in case of an emergency.
>>
No. 1004648 ID: cdabe3

>>1004623
Perfect plan, nothing can go wrong
>>
No. 1004654 ID: 6a2a09

>>1004623
110% brainpower move here
>>
No. 1007840 ID: 9dc069
File 162889129563.png - (48.01KB , 512x512 , panel58.png )
1007840

Gee whiz guys I didn't think we wanted to settle down that badly.
>>
No. 1007841 ID: 9dc069
File 162889129820.png - (56.52KB , 512x512 , panel59.png )
1007841

"Worker, what the hell are you doing?"

"Getting married."
>>
No. 1007842 ID: 9dc069
File 162889130029.png - (46.10KB , 512x512 , panel60.png )
1007842

"Do you mind signing this so it's o-"

"Inferniti!"
>>
No. 1007843 ID: 9dc069
File 162889130367.png - (58.32KB , 512x512 , panel61.png )
1007843

"Oh okay."

"Who the hell is this?"

...
>>
No. 1007844 ID: 9dc069
File 162889130893.png - (59.93KB , 512x512 , panel62.png )
1007844

"Alright, so we have otherwordly assassins trying to kill us. Great. I guess if we needed more proof something's very wrong here, then we got what we asked for. It doesn't look like she's waking up anytime soon, so we'll have to figure out what to do with her."

The new scooter's looking like a real hoot. It blazes to life with renewed vigor ready to ascend to the stars, with two fresh sets of space clothes ready to go. I guess we'll have to head over to the military base soon, unless there's something else that needs to get taken care of.

>_
>>
No. 1007846 ID: e70793

Write a short but emotive essay about sacrosanctity of life and how this world, our world that we all live in, has value and is worth precerving and you would like to invite that lizard girl to share it with the rest of us.
Leave the note with the lizard girl and the store-owner and take Riede with you to save everything.
>>
No. 1007856 ID: 96c896

No, nothing else needs taken care of.
>>
No. 1007878 ID: 9ce839

I can't believe the cop woman got jealous and prevented your marriage. Fine, we'll have to do her instead...

But take her with you to save the world first.
>>
No. 1017472 ID: 1d5b56
File 163958308785.png - (50.30KB , 512x512 , panel63.png )
1017472

Well we can't bring her along for now, but surely a heartfelt letter will shake her to the core, open her cynical eyes, and bring about a realization of hope and love.

Probably not, but it won't hurt to try. Alright, well, off to the military installation.
>>
No. 1017473 ID: 1d5b56
File 163958309177.png - (51.42KB , 512x512 , panel64.png )
1017473

"Fort Knots".

Riede is busy looking up some records on her wizard book or whatever, sounds like a lot of effort. True to Boss's word, most of the personnel jumped ship when the military had their budget cut. Of course, there could always be some stragglers mucking about, or even some automated security systems too.

We could either enter the biggest building through the open front door, look for some sort of alternate entry point, or try our luck to see if any easy pickings still linger in the nearby warehouses.

>_
>>
No. 1017474 ID: 89bfed

Warehouses first, alternate entry second.
>>
No. 1017475 ID: 3a06e7

rolled 2 = 2

Alright, I know exactly where we should go.

1=front 2=alternate 3=warehouse
>>
No. 1017597 ID: 1c6735
File 163969630664.png - (71.48KB , 512x512 , panel65.png )
1017597

"Riede, do you want to check the warehouse for a sec?"

Still engrossed with her task, she wordlessly leaves to check out one of the nearby warehouses. Man, she's more focused than Boss. Granted, that's not a very high bar to pass.

Turning the corner, I see it, two new paths into the building. A window and a sewer entrance. Something seems... off.
>>
No. 1017598 ID: 1c6735
File 163969630998.png - (42.44KB , 512x512 , panel66.png )
1017598

"Hey, nimrod. Believe it or not the abandoned and opened warehouse had jackshit except for a few meaningless piles of crud."

"These piles of crud may be the source of our salvation. Clearly we must dig through one, but only one, lest we anger a force greater than our feeble minds."

"what"

>Select a pile of crud, and optionally a way to progress the plot._
>>
No. 1017603 ID: 570ff8

The rightmost pile. Use whatever you find as a weapon or a bargaining chip in the sewers.
>>
No. 1017609 ID: 3a06e7

I like the third pile of crud, because it seems more sophisticated than the other two. Someone must've spent a lot of time making it. Surely this couldn't be where the COSMIC ULTRA NUKE is hidden, could it? In any case, we'll need to get to the control room of the station and do something there that will ward off the Yevasa.
>>
No. 1017657 ID: 42aee0

I like the middle pile.

About how to proced I would chose the chaos solution. Open a hole in the building and create your own path. (maybe there is a sledgehammer anywhere near?)
>>
No. 1017790 ID: 0840c2

The rightmost pile
>>
No. 1037110 ID: 2d7e70
File 165704939591.png - (74.06KB , 512x512 , panel67.png )
1037110

SILK DANCER'S MYSTIC DRESS
Grants immense power to any spells cast.
Can only be worn by a practiced mage.

"Hey Rie-"

"No."

"Ok."
>>
No. 1037111 ID: 2d7e70
File 165704940050.png - (39.47KB , 512x512 , panel68.png )
1037111

We head back at the window and sewer. The wall is sufficiently cracked that it will be possible to blast a hole in it if we don't feel like climbing through the window. Will be rather noisy.

There's... a faint smell of food. We might end up near the mess hall, and who knows what could be cooking up in an abandoned base. Despite this, this'll be a lot faster than the sewer.

Our other option is the sewer. Riede has her reservations but we'll have a much lower chance of triggering any remaining security systems down there, but either way we'll have to find a way to actually get into the base afterwards which will take a while. The smiley face is a bit ominous.

>_
>>
No. 1037112 ID: 6a2a09

keep dress for emergency purposes, you never know when you need extra cloth

Hmm, i can't decide if restaurant or sewers is good but hey, if you do break into the restaurant, you should probably grab a bite to eat eh? Probably starving with how low your salary is
>>
No. 1037126 ID: 7c0da2

The reasonable option is to go for the window. It's shorter, less ominous and there is food.
The better option is, of course, to go through the dirty sewers so Riede will need to change clothes. On an unrelated note, keep the mystic dress somewhere dry.
>>
No. 1037221 ID: 2d7e70
File 165714772829.png - (42.11KB , 512x512 , panel69.png )
1037221

A dense odor escapes the sewer entrance, but there is otherwise no noise beyond the distant, steady stream of sewage and the dripping of water.

"People are very protective of their food, we should enter via the sewers."

"Worker, please tell me you know what you're doing," Riede whispers as she cringes from the smell.

"Relax, Boss had me go into the sewers once because we were too poor to afford plumbers."
>>
No. 1037223 ID: 2d7e70
File 165714774131.png - (88.89KB , 512x512 , panel70.png )
1037223

Hoo whee! This smell could knock out an elephant. Fat and detritus make a squishy sort of sound as our feet finally find purchase on the filthy sides of the sewer. Riede's mage watcher dress is already starting to gather stains. She's strong. Anyone else would probably be bursting into tears from the rapid filth build up.

I'm glad to have her by my side.

And she could always use the dress if she wants to. I'll bring that up later.
>>
No. 1037224 ID: 2d7e70
File 165714774556.png - (40.51KB , 512x512 , panel71.png )
1037224

The path is dark and cramped, but nothing too bad. We're probably gonna be looking for a manhole that leads to an outdoors area within the building.

Hm. That's strange, I could swear I hear something behind us.
>>
No. 1037225 ID: 2d7e70
File 165714775007.png - (36.07KB , 512x512 , panel72.png )
1037225

Oh.

>_
>>
No. 1037226 ID: 15c72a

>>1037225
It's ok he's friendly he's smiling
Say hello!
>>
No. 1037235 ID: 6a2a09

Hey you know what? Now's a good time to practice cardio. Might as well get in that company mandated exercise time in and time it. This also counts as free time so you should probably not waste it by getting lost.
>>
No. 1037238 ID: f6af6f

Chide the figure about how the smiley face completely ruins the scary and intimidating look he was going for, and he would've been better off with something more ominous like an eye or a scribbly mess.
>>
No. 1037327 ID: 2d7e70
File 165723446679.png - (82.38KB , 512x512 , panel73.png )
1037327

We both take several steps back, but the strange man stumbles slowly towards us.

"Heya man, how's it going?"

...

"You know, happy faces can be a little too bright and make the spook factor fade a bit. Maybe an eye or something could help?"
>>
No. 1037328 ID: 2d7e70
File 165723447172.png - (33.39KB , 512x512 , panel74.png )
1037328

>>
No. 1037329 ID: 2d7e70
File 165723448295.png - (44.70KB , 512x512 , panel75.png )
1037329

>>
No. 1037331 ID: 2d7e70
File 165723454348.png - (69.01KB , 512x512 , panel76.png )
1037331

Huh. Didn't even notice he didn't have legs for a second there. Is it just me or are the walls of the sewers expanding somehow?

"Inherent spatial magic...? Is that a- Shit! It's a bloodrift wyrm! We need to move before it locks us into a recursive pocket plane!"

"A what?"

"A maze with no escape, meant to exhaust prey before it eats them. Move. Now!"

Bloodrift wyrms...? Oh! Like one of those exotic pets for the big spatial magic dynasties! I remember when one quantum tunneled through a cage and caused a coal plant to blow up. The dynasty had to pay a fine for that one.

We should be close enough to an exit, but running in a straight line from a natural space mage without cover is just asking for shenanigans.

>_
>>
No. 1037334 ID: 15c72a

>>1037331
Ummmmm
Ok, cop has a flame spell, you have a temperature boost spell. Have her light something on fire, then you can boost the temperature of the flame. That should produce enough of an inferno to distract the monster so you can escape!
>>
No. 1037346 ID: 16d082

>>1037334
seconding this
we’re in a confined space so that will mess it up real good
and us as well if we cast it too close, so be careful
>>
No. 1037355 ID: 2d7e70
File 165725510273.png - (74.20KB , 512x512 , panel77.png )
1037355

Sewer gas is flammable. And can blow up in high concentrations. Perfect for stunning it, and killing us if we don't act carefully.

"Riede, how well can you control INFERNITI?"

"Well enough to control it and limit what gets affected by it."

"Then lets ignite the gas surrounding it. I have a spell that can strengthen the impact."

"Really? Alright."

I take out the PHASE ROD while Riede grips her HELCASTER. She seems used to this kind of stuff.
>>
No. 1037356 ID: 2d7e70
File 165725510709.png - (51.80KB , 512x512 , panel78.png )
1037356

"INFERNITI!"

"THERMUS ASCEN!"

The world around the wyrm ignites, flashing in a combination of fiery orange and red. Sewer water spews forth from the raging flames and a loud bang echoes throughout the tunnel.

"Bloodrift wyrms often have their cores locked in their own pocket plane; they need a vessel to house their outer tendril forms as their bodies naturally conform to rigid spatial structures, which our plane doesn't really have, and they

often have multiple just in case one vessel is destroyed."

"So- run, right?"

"YES!"
>>
No. 1037357 ID: 2d7e70
File 165725511131.png - (16.61KB , 512x512 , panel79.png )
1037357

We make a mad dash through the dark tunnel as a deep, deep roar seemed to vibrate through time and space, followed by a strange sound of cracking of glass and bending metal.

Ah ha! Two pin pricks of light ahead! A manhole. We scrambled towards it as a slithering sound approached from behind us.
>>
No. 1037358 ID: 2d7e70
File 165725511566.png - (64.20KB , 512x512 , panel80.png )
1037358

The wyrm doesn't follow us. An angry hiss reverberates from the sewers as we close the hole back up.

The open skies greeted us, four tall walls blocked our view of the horizon, and all around us are somewhat disheveled plants, grown big from neglect. An inner courtyard I think. Still, it's nice to stretch in the breeze after that!

"Knew we could do it! Isn't that right, Riede!"

"...Riede?"
>>
No. 1037359 ID: 2d7e70
File 165725512081.png - (67.37KB , 512x512 , panel81.png )
1037359

Ah. Right. Sewer is bad for clothes. Fortunately my office clothes are enchanted to reject modifications that make it unfit for working. Including dirt.

>_
>>
No. 1037360 ID: 15c72a

>>1037359
Daaaang. Good thing we have this dress here you can change into!
>>
No. 1037372 ID: 6a2a09

Tell her about the many diseases she could get from wearing stanky sewer clothing, and helpfully offer her the dress. I mean the dress also helps with magic so no downsides here!
>>
No. 1037396 ID: 2d7e70
File 165729821279.png - (86.68KB , 512x512 , panel82.png )
1037396

"Wearing sewage clothes can cause a lot of diseases, Riede."
>>
No. 1037397 ID: 2d7e70
File 165729821843.png - (88.91KB , 512x512 , panel83.png )
1037397

...
>>
No. 1037398 ID: 2d7e70
File 165729822376.png - (103.74KB , 512x512 , panel84.png )
1037398

Riede stomps into a nearby brush to change. This place is fairly fancy. A lovely little fountain, and some doors in all directions.

I should probably snoop around before we venture forward. Maybe look through some windows or just check out anything weird.

>_
>>
No. 1037405 ID: 15c72a

Hey what's that paper on the ground next to the bloody sack?
>>
No. 1037406 ID: f6af6f

Is that a dog bowl full of tomato soup?
>>
No. 1037417 ID: c09edd

Let's infect the bloodrift wyrm food bowl with our mundanity so it becomes mundane too.

Then look through them windows.
>>
No. 1037458 ID: f3a2ce

Ah shit is that a free dollar on the ground?
>>
No. 1037492 ID: 2d7e70
File 165739884729.png - (61.48KB , 512x512 , panel85.png )
1037492

The bloody sack smells of rotten flesh and gristle. Good grief. Fridges exist for a reason you know. Next to it is a perfectly average dog bowl covered in blood stains.

The strange paper nearby seems to be a reminder: "Please feed Harley a bowl of rotten meat every day. Ignore all sounds in the sewers and make sure to only retrieve the bowl when you are certain Harley has left.

"If you forget for even a day, Harley will be given a very special treat, so please remember to do your tasks. Kind regards, Yule Yevasa." A fancy looking insignia marks the paper.
>>
No. 1037493 ID: 2d7e70
File 165739885260.png - (39.93KB , 512x512 , panel86.png )
1037493

Peeking in the northern window I spy a bare dormitory. There's a few bags of stuff in there, and it looks like a few of the beds are still in use. Strange. Who could possibly be sticking around here? Is it because of the stairwell to the station?

"Worker."
>>
No. 1037494 ID: 2d7e70
File 165739885906.png - (90.25KB , 512x512 , panel87.png )
1037494

"One word about this and I'll use this new boost in mana efficiency to erase you from this world. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am. By the by, it looks like the wyrm down there is a pet from House Yevasa."

"...Yevasa, like the assassin from earlier. That just confirms my suspicions. The reason why certain magical houses are called 'dynasties' is because practitioners of certain magical schools tend to found independent polities in planes best suited for studying that school of magic, known as Arcane Cities. Every decade, the families living in those cities have a competition to see who becomes the head of the city. Houses that land more than one term in the last century are called "dynasties" to reflect their power. According to last month's report, Yevasa has won the Spatial Magic throne 5 times in the last 50 years. That is to say, they've been running the Spatial Arcane City for longer than literally any other magical house."

"Doesn't that seem like the ruling house will just steamroll the other houses due to having more resources? And what does this mean for us?"

"Not quite, it's more of a prestige thing to encourage competition, and even then most houses operate independent of each other. At best heads typically direct broader research goals, but not much else. As for your next question:"

"House Yevasa is being helped by something to grant them greater power and control. And that something is likely requesting their assistance in the COSMIC ULTRA NUKE. Something like this should cause the Mage Watchers to immediately begin an inquest, but no one assigned to the Spatial Dynasty is reporting anything. Worker, I'll be honest, I'm worried. Whatever we're facing has been working on this for a long, long while. What are your thoughts on this?"

>_
>>
No. 1037495 ID: 15c72a

>>1037494
"I'm sure it will be fine."
Now, let's sneak in and steal shit- wait, uh. Ask our law-abiding companion what she thinks about procuring supplies from the nefarious evil-doers' dormitory. There might be a spare robe in there she can wear over her magic-enhancing dress...

You can just melt the glass to get in, via repeated application of Thermus. Though actually I guess that will probably set fire to the window frame and break stealth... maybe it'd be easier to melt a hole in the glass of the door so you can reach through and unlock the door? Alternatively you could melt the lock, or freeze it to make the metal brittle then break it off.
>>
No. 1037497 ID: 6a2a09

compliment how well the dress fits her, firstly
>>
No. 1037506 ID: 15c72a

>>1037497
I think that would count as "one word about this"
>>
No. 1037507 ID: c1d4af

It means we can cash in if there is a bounty on House Yevasa. I know Boss isn't going to give me a raise any time soon.
Let's go find that stairwell.
>>
No. 1037509 ID: 9a2966

>>1037494
>What do you think?
"That it's mighty strange that Boss knew about this if it's some sort of super secret conspiracy, but as I happen to like living in this half of the solar system and it really appears rather evident someone's trying to blow it up, I will continue on my task of stopping whatever is going on and stop thinking about the many disturbing implications there."

>What do you do?
"I can use this Phase Rod to swap with something inside that house so I can go and unlock a window or the door for you."
>>
No. 1037829 ID: 2d7e70
File 165764028964.png - (39.45KB , 512x512 , panel88.png )
1037829

"Don't worry Riede, conspiracy or not I still have a job to do. Besides, if the Yevasa get a bounty on their heads, we'll be able to make some extra cash too."

"...I guess that's right, huh. Well. I filed a report to the Mistress, so we'll see about that last part."

Thermus'ing the door or window is probably gonna break something, loudly too. One small peek into the dorm however reveals a mannequin around my height. Hopefully our volume's are close enough for the Phase Rod.
>>
No. 1037830 ID: 2d7e70
File 165764030688.png - (55.73KB , 512x512 , panel89.png )
1037830

One swap later, and we're in!

The bags on the floor are filled with mostly mundane stuff, including some cash and a couple nulling grenades.

NULLING GRENADE - 2
Consumable - Dispel all currently active spells and spell effects.

Hey, this looks interesting.


STRANGE KEY

No new clothes for Riede, sadly.
>>
No. 1037831 ID: 2d7e70
File 165764033176.png - (66.88KB , 512x512 , panel90.png )
1037831

Well, there's only one door out of here s-

"Hey!"

Uh oh.

"I smell the very recent use of a Phase Rod on you cousin! and sewage. If it weren't for that I'd have taken you for an intruder! Did your regalia get lost somewhere?"

Uh-
>>
No. 1037832 ID: 2d7e70
File 165764034260.png - (59.09KB , 512x512 , panel91.png )
1037832

"...Actually, I don't recognize you...? Been to any family gatherings lately? And what's with the exotic cosplayer?"

"worker if you don't shut him up i'm going to kill him"

>_
>>
No. 1037833 ID: f6af6f

Tell the truth that the originally very modest outfit Riede had on got ruined and that was the only replacement on hand other than your own.
On a related note, be sure to bring up later you could give her your own clothes just so she isn't walking around in glorified underwear. Not because you actually WILL, she would never accept anyway, but it's the thought that counts.
>>
No. 1037836 ID: 30b9f6

Smile in a semi-dazed manner and lie like the wind.

"Hey cousin, yup, lost m'regalia! It's all quite simple, banal really. Y'know how time and space goes together? Got in a pinch and did a biiig ol' spatial rug pull - too fast it turns out - and sorta got stuck in the folds of one of those cosmic time gaps until I could inch my way out of there. Probably been a few years... decades...? Anyway, mind filling me in on what's been going on? Do I still got my pad here? OH, and is the plan to blow up half the solar system still on? Man, I hope I didn't miss the interesting stuff."

Gesture vaguely at Rieda if he asks about her rather than get distracted by all that.

"Oh her? I got together with a very professional professional, y'know, seemed like the thing to do after all that happened. She's just a bit upset about seeing Harley. DID you guys remember to feed them? Seemed kinda grumpy when we went by. Had to take that route if I wanted her along, though, so here we are."
>>
No. 1038129 ID: 4286b4

Tell him that you're from a different Arcane City District and you were on your way to inspect if everything was going well with the COSMIC ULTRA NUKE stuff, but some random sewage got in the way. As for this female, you found her in a pile of crud. He should know how it is with those crud piles. Then redirect his attention by asking him if he knows when Harley was last fed.
>>
No. 1038176 ID: 2d7e70
File 165783822644.png - (82.29KB , 512x512 , panel92.png )
1038176

Well. Here goes nothing.

"Haha! Yeah it really has been a while hasn't it? Lost all my stuff and regalia and stuff too! I've been spending most of my time in a different district back at the city for most of my years, when suddenly I had to do a big space magic ritual and got myself stranded in a pocket realm."

"Dimensional stranding? Surely that'd automatically trigger a search squadro-"

"It's more complicated than that! Some stuff was going on and you know how time and space work together right? So time kinda sort of slipped by me and I guess the search and rescue team couldn't find me through the timelines or whatever. And when I did pop out it was a few years later! Terrible right?"

"Time...? Oh! Right, this must be from the incident from several years ago when we tried to get the time dynasties to work with us again! Sad shame that they refused, but I didn't think they'd actively harm us after all this time. We shed blood for each other all those decades ago, after all!"


Riede's eyes widen and her figure stiffens for a moment, but doesn't speak.
>>
No. 1038177 ID: 2d7e70
File 165783823121.png - (80.12KB , 512x512 , panel93.png )
1038177

"Still, what's with her?"

"Ah! Well you see, I've been out of commission for so long I kind of forgot where everything was so I enlisted this woman's help, Riede, to get up to speed and figure out how the dynasty's doing. She's a professional with connections! We kinda had to go through the sewers to evade the security systems but ended up running in-"

"Harley! Shit, you just reminded me to feed her today!"

Oh. Good.

"...Anyway, long story short Riede here got into a real mess because of Harley and we got all dirtied up by the experience but don't worry Harley is perfectly, perfectly ok. The dress was the only thing nearby that could replace her clothes."

"I see! Well, I'm glad everything turned out ok. Still Harley might need a new vessel if she ends up breaking her current one if you had to fend her off..." The rat seems to be too lost in his thoughts to notice the 500 holes in my story.

I really do need to ask Riede if she wants my clothes or something. Maybe later.
>>
No. 1038178 ID: 2d7e70
File 165783823507.png - (55.68KB , 512x512 , panel94.png )
1038178

"Anyway... Enough of that. Time to get into the real big issue." Alright, time to see how much info I can grab here. "...What's up with the COSMIC ULTRA NUKE? Is everything proceeding as expected?"

"Of course, cousin! By the way, you can just call me Talow! What's your...?"

Years of being a corporate drone compel me to respond instantly, "I'm just Worker."

"Man, the other branch families must have some strange traditions."

I get the impression this man is a little too trusting for his own good.

"I'm not allowed to disclose information about The Plan(tm). At all. Heck, they wouldn't even tell me most of it. 'Security concerns' while glaring at me or whatever. But I can always ask Grandfather Yule to come down from the station to have a little chat!"

That sounds like an extremely bad idea.

"Orrrrrr I could show you around since it's been a while for you, Worker! Maybe see if you need any new equipment, and visit some rooms? Except the stairwell. I JUST NOW rigged it with multiple soul destruction and cosmic obliteration spells. Ha! Almost drained myself of mana after that."

I'm sorry wh-

"OH! I almost forgot to mention why I'm here. I'm here to fortify any entry ways into the station since I was just recently declared an archmage of destruction magic by the USCR! That's pretty crazy, right? A free giant hat and everything!"

Typically, an archmage is within the top 1% of mages AND must have developed a spellbook of at least 50+ cutting edge spells. Like a PhD on wizard steroids.

Riede's as white as a sheet right now.

>_
>>
No. 1038182 ID: 15c72a

>>1038178
Ooh, a hat? Let's see it! And hey, show off a spell!

(yes, this guy is an archmage, but he's "almost" depleted his mana. Might be possible to take him down with a surprise attack.)
>>
No. 1038183 ID: 86c7d3

Stay calm, if you can’t comprehend how powerful it is, you’ll be fine…
Also, where’s his hat?
>>
No. 1038190 ID: 7c0da2

Helpfully point out all the places that need defensive spells. Do so until he is out of mana. Then hit him with the pommel of the broken magic sword from your boss. Or the pommel of the sword-stuck-in-the-portal if you kept it. You have two swords and neither has a usable blade, that's kinda impressive in a way.
>>
No. 1038194 ID: 5e36f5

Tell him that he has to turn off the soul destruction and cosmic spells right now. They just discovered that, with the ambient magical radiation the space station is emitting, they combine to generate and aura that turns you straight.

If he shows skepticism, tell him "are you SURE you want to take that risk?"
>>
No. 1038227 ID: 4286b4

Compliment him on the achievement and allow him to show you his hat and stuff. Tell him that, yeah, it would be great if you could rotate some of your equipment. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to get a hat just like his some day~ And if he's got free time, then sure, you'd love a tour. Hmm, wouldn't it be dangerous to feed Harley without mana?
>>
No. 1038748 ID: 2d7e70
File 165836507065.png - (75.39KB , 512x512 , panel95.png )
1038748

"I'm so happy for your accomplishment, Talow! Why not show us a spell, something a real mage can do?"

"Ha! Love the enthusiasm, but no. I can't." He sighs, "I've seen way too many would be colleagues get eaten by something because they blew all their mana on something and got wasted when their pants were down. Trust me, I put in so much work into the traps that I'm probably gonna be out of commission until after the NUKE goes off anyway." He scowls, "Grandfather doesn't even want me helping in the station. He doesn't want me to 'accidentally blow something up' like I'm some sort of novice."

"Come onnnnn...! I could show you some spots that need protection, too. Just one sp-"

"I can't Worker. Sorry."
>>
No. 1038749 ID: 2d7e70
File 165836507779.png - (67.74KB , 512x512 , panel96.png )
1038749

Plan B then.

"So what about the big hat?"

"Oh! The hat's absolutely lovely, but enchanted so that it can't be teleported unless it's by the person currently wearing it. The other three people here are on lunch break, and we'll be heading back to the Spatial City in a few hours so they're also getting ready to leave. Although one of us will need to feed then transport Harley. So wait here, I'll go get it! "

He runs off into a hallway.
>>
No. 1038750 ID: 2d7e70
File 165836508217.png - (64.44KB , 512x512 , panel97.png )
1038750

"Worker." Riede slowly regains her strong willed disposition, "Judging by your line of questioning, were you thinking of getting him to exhaust himself so we could whack him?"

"Yep. Figured he would be out of mana."

"A solid plan. However, not all magic requires the user to cast something, and as an archmage almost every single one of his possessions likely has an AT WILL ability like your Phase Rod. Archmages typically are prepared like that."

"Well, we have those Nulling Grenades don't we?"

"Hmmmm, yeah. We definitely do. But those are hard to come by. Those COULD equal the playing field, but at that point it will be a fight of brute strength since we won't have spells or usable powers either. Still. If you think it's worth it we could burn one to knock him down, even if he does claim that he's more or less out of the picture in a few hours."

"So what's the alternative?"

She sighs, "We bullshit hard enough so that we can gather as much equipment as we can, let them buzz off, and scooter our way to the station."

Good thing I still have that in my Company storage bag like all the other stuff. The miracles of modern magitech.
>>
No. 1038751 ID: 2d7e70
File 165836508802.png - (68.79KB , 512x512 , panel98.png )
1038751

Man, Riede's on top of things today.

"By the way, I have some spare office worker clothes if you need something to wear."

"Worker, I strongly doubt what fits you will fit me." She stops to look at me, "...But I appreciate the thought."

Riede drops down on a mattress, and grows pensive, "Talow mentioned trying to recruit the time dynasties. That sounds just like the Gravity War from around a century ago. That war's the reason why we have anti-collusion laws these days..."

Wonder why she's so absorbed with history all of a sudden. Talow's gonna be back soon. We could stage an ambush, continue bullshitting and hope no one sees through us, or we could just leave and walk around on our own time.

>_
>>
No. 1038784 ID: b0b5f8

Bullshitting is how we do things in there.
>>
No. 1038790 ID: 7c0da2

Let's bullshit. We have the nulling grenades as a backup plan.
And about the Gravity War, well, the time dynasties are involved, maybe it will happen a century ago in about two days? Anyway thinking about that is above your paygrade, as are most things honestly.
>>
No. 1038930 ID: bc7e25

Bullshitting is the way to go.
>>
No. 1039475 ID: 2d7e70
File 165906533989.png - (59.82KB , 512x512 , panel99.png )
1039475

"Let's take our chances with deception. By the way, what's up with the Gravity War? Are we gonna have to deal with time shenanigans too?"

"It's ancient history at this point. Three magical schools try to take over, they lose, one of them got outlawed and its practice rendered verboten. The parallels are just strange, is all. Time mages generally aren't allowed to go 10 years from whichever is declared the present day so it's unlikely any renegade mages from that time period are here."
>>
No. 1039476 ID: 2d7e70
File 165906534870.png - (55.80KB , 512x512 , panel100.png )
1039476

Good gods what is that hat.

"Do you like it? It IS kinda goofy looking. Anyway, where do you wanna go first? I can bring you to around two places before I have to start packing."

>Armory (Choice of 2 Equipment Items)
>Kitchen (3~ Food/Buff Items)
>Study (2~ Spells)
>Meeting Room (Random Enemy Intel)
>Other_
>>
No. 1039477 ID: 15c72a

>>1039476
Armory, Study.
>>
No. 1039478 ID: c1d4af

Meeting Room, then Armory, then convince him to go into the Stairs and trigger one of his own traps.
>>
No. 1039495 ID: 7c0da2

Study and Meeting Room to get new spells and intel on places to point them at.
And compliment his hat.
>>
No. 1039638 ID: 6a2a09

best hat 12/10
>>
No. 1040452 ID: fa74b4

Knowledge is power, so go to the study and meeting room


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason