[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 159297016759.png - (265.35KB , 1280x720 , EC0000.png )
970517 No. 970517 ID: e51896

...

-----------

Author's Commentary: Quest may or may not have 18+ content, it all depends on what happens and how I feel, especially since this is my first quest
Expand all images
>>
No. 970518 ID: e51896
File 159297022818.png - (7.84KB , 1280x720 , EC0001.png )
970518

“Dreams and reality.”

“Side by side, the two realms heavily contrast each other in many aspects. And yet, they both serve the role to deeply influence each other in a variety of different ways. The relationship between these two realms could lead some to wonder if one realm cannot exist without the other for a person to mentally function in life.“
“But which one would most people prefer to experience more? their reality, or their dreams? And If one had the choice between living an entire life within the realms of their dream where anything can happen along with the nightmares that come with it, or living an entire life grounded in reality with all the moments of happiness and grief, which would one choose?”

>>
No. 970519 ID: fdb3c8

I would want to stay grounded in reality because real life may be awful and heartbreaking but it’s those moments that make all the happier moments worth living.
>>
No. 970520 ID: d63ea8

Reality is substantive, since it the one place all people share. You need to take initiative if you want to make it better.
>>
No. 970524 ID: 0fae41

A dream realm populated exclusively by grief.
>>
No. 970529 ID: b1b4f3

>>970518
Living entirely in the realm of dreams would be fine for me. I have enough control over what happens to avoid the worst nightmares, and the lack of continuity would either be irrelevant (what is continuity when you have control over reality?) or I would keep forgetting that it was a problem.
>>
No. 970539 ID: 2bd15b

The way how I see it while we are alive we primerly live in the realm of reality, while when we die we only live in the realm of dreams.
>>
No. 970547 ID: e51896
File 159298436038.gif - (80.04KB , 1280x720 , EC0002.gif )
970547

”OH! WHA? Who was that??? I didn’t expect to ever hear anything here. Let alone, multiple anythings… Does that mean that… yes, it must have worked! it is finally time!”
>>
No. 970551 ID: e51896
File 159298509777.gif - (874.42KB , 1280x720 , EC0003.gif )
970551

“Wow, that was embarrassing, having others hear me talk to myself like that. I can get carried away with soliloquies at times when I’m alone… and bored… I’m sorry for asking deep questions especially since we are first meeting and talking to each other. In all honesty, I was asking that as a rhetorical question directed towards myself.”
”it is honestly just a choice I am generally curious as to how someone would choose to live… a life of living a dream, or a life of living in reality, especially whenever I stare at the bed from where I am located at. but I suppose this is a question in which the answer depends on how life, and its reality and dreams had influenced a person towards either option. It is also a question I can’t answer myself. But you all did come up with some interesting answers and reasonings. And while you may have come up with an answer in theory, I wonder how you all would answer if these two offers were presented to you in practice”




“I’m rambling. As a more proper welcome, I am glad that we are able to finally successfully communicate with each other, even if in a way we can’t properly see each other... There is actually a request I wish to ask of you, that is, if you want to take it. For now, as the subconscious that you all are, I want to know how you all will do in guiding the person you are linked with. And more importantly, I want for you all to observe and experience the world with that person. And depending on how well you do, I might have another request for you down the line.“

“If you want to accept my request, then please stick around and answer my question: what is the name of your important person, and are they male, or female?”


--------
Author's commentary: I originally wanted to have 3 pages made, but when I tried to post the third image, I kept getting an error message saying "
Could not create thumbnail.4". maybe the animated gif file is too big? I'll have to figure out an alternative.
>>
No. 970554 ID: fdb3c8

Lilly Teagardin, 19 year old woman.
>>
No. 970556 ID: 2bd15b

>>970554
Yeah I am ok with this
>>
No. 970557 ID: d63ea8

Jeffrey Chase, 30 year old man
>>
No. 970567 ID: d186fc

>>970554
Thirding

Also since I am late I would like to add that individuals that have Charcot-Wilbrand syndrome are physically incapable of dreaming, so one could totally ask them how that is.
>>
No. 970612 ID: e51896
File 159305914079.gif - (837.93KB , 640x360 , EC0004.gif )
970612

”So, the name is Lilly Teagardin, and her age is 19 years old. Understood. That is a nice name. I think with that, we are about ready to begin.”

“I also heard another name, Jeffery Chase who is age 30? Hmm, he must be someone significant to come to memory. I’d say you should keep that name in mind just in case.”

“Alright, let me just get things into position, and you can get back to guiding Lilly on her way.”

>>
No. 970613 ID: e51896
File 159305926408.gif - (0.96MB , 1280x720 , EC0005.gif )
970613

” … uhh… what the? Whoops …Well then… shit, that was unexpected.”

“So embarrassing, it looks like this is taking a tiny bit longer than I thought, but things are on the right track, you are almost ready, this just needs to take a few minutes. I apologize for the delay; I don’t do this all that often.”

“In the meantime, seeing as I asked you some questions, whether intentional or unintentional, I think we have a small amount of time for you to ask me something, that is, as long as they’re simple brief questions, but keep in mind I can’t answer everything. I’ll get the couple obvious questions out of the way.”

“who I am? For now, you can call me the Master of Ceremonies, MC for short. It’s not my real name, but for now, I want to be kept anonymous for safety reasons. Plus, I feel like I am one right now talking to you all. “
“Where are you? You’ll see very soon”


>individuals that have Charcot-Wilbrand syndrome are physically incapable of dreaming, so one could totally ask them how that is.
“eh-heh, wow. I didn’t expect that my silly philosophical question would bring up a discussion. I’m actually a little flattered.”
“Charcot-Wilbrand syndrome you called it? Are you referring to the disability to not visualize or remember dreams due to brain damage, correct? Is that what you all call it? People with that kind of brain damage are pretty rare, but I think they are able to still be brought to the dream realm, but when they wake up, they cannot comprehend the dream that they had, having trouble visualizing and remembering the dream realm they were taken to or something. I wonder if even though they can’t remember or can’t visualize what they experience during their visit if their visit to the dream realm can still effect their reality in some way despite the disability.”

“You know, now that I think about it, I think I remember long ago seeing how people who are blind also can’t visualize dreams, but they still do remember having them compensating sight with what they hear and feel instead.”

“So, I don’t know, maybe when I said one realm cannot exist without the other for a person to mentally function in life, I might have underestimated people’s mental capabilities. Maybe one realm can exist without the other. But I might be wrong about all that, I kind of have been living under a rock for so long after all but one thing is certain, People are much more mentally stronger than you might think.”

“Any other questions before we part ways?”

>>
No. 970614 ID: 2570dd

>>970613
No I think we’re ready, or at least I am
>>
No. 970615 ID: d63ea8

Where will the spiral lead us?
>>
No. 970621 ID: 2bd15b

Yeah I think that we are ready to start the story
>>
No. 970629 ID: e51896
File 159308442924.gif - (3.14MB , 640x360 , EC0006.gif )
970629

"The spiral will lead you to-"
>>
No. 970630 ID: e51896
File 159308451280.gif - (284.77KB , 1280x720 , EC0007.gif )
970630

A ceiling fan stares at my face, spinning in a hypnotic circle as it emits a refreshing breeze against me trying to lull me back to sleep.
>>
No. 970631 ID: e51896
File 159308457553.png - (1.01MB , 1280x720 , EC0008.png )
970631

And yet, while my body feels a little heavy against the bed under the comforting embrace of the blanket, I can’t fall back to sleep as there are too many troubling thoughts on my mind. For one thing, my hair feels a bit damp and I can’t remember if I went into the shower or not. Also, I do not recognize the clothing that I am wearing. The clock also reads 10:08 (which I assume is AM seeing how bright it is) and I usually don’t sleep in this late. But most importantly…
>>
No. 970632 ID: e51896
File 159308463683.png - (882.91KB , 1280x720 , EC0009.png )
970632

…I do not recognize this room at all. This is not my bedroom, and I am unsure as to how I got here, or where I am at currently. Do I have amnesia? I proceed to remember my past to make sure I haven’t forgotten my memory…
My name is Lilly Teagardin, I am 19 years old and I graduated high school a year ago. I have been trying to get accepted into a college since graduation, but I have not been having luck. I am currently jobless, but I suppose that is normal for someone my age… I think? But at least I still live with my family until I can get things situated, I guess.

Alright, so I don’t have amnesia thankfully, I know who I am, where I live, but I just don’t know how I ended up in this unfamiliar room.

For now, I take a gander at my surroundings. To my left there is a dresser which I assume is full of clothing with a cactus and a picture on top of it. Next to it is a window, covered by drapes. Maybe if I open it, I can get a better understanding of where I am exactly. To my right is a small table with a lamp, and a digital alarm clock reading 10:08. There is also an open door leading out of this room. It looks like someone, or maybe I, forgot to close it. In front of me is a television on top of a table along with I assume is a gaming system I do not recognize. I cannot find the remote near me to turn on the television though.

I think the tiredness of my body has faded and I think I am ready to move out of bed and investigate… or perhaps I could lay here and think more about my predicament and try to remember how I got here. What should I do?
>>
No. 970637 ID: 2bd15b

Well by observing the room that you are currently in you are somewhere where it is forbidden by law to employ an aesthetic designer. I mean gray walls with blue carpet, purple doors and all the pictures of plants do not fit this room at all, if you want my suggestion you should pinch yourself because being in this room is equivalent to being in a living nightmare.
>>
No. 970638 ID: 094652

Get out of bed and take a look around. Formulate an escape route in case things get weird. Then try to find the stuff you had on you.
>>
No. 970640 ID: d186fc

>>970632
Hmm, unless they are a family friend, an uncle, or a teacher or mentor, Jeffery Chase who is age 30 could be important because he fucking kidnapped us which would explain the unfamiliar scenery. Regardless, tread carefully. Who knows what may happen.

Try to find something small to be used as a weapon just in case things go really badly.

Lastly, take stock of yourself. Are you clothed? Regardless of the last answer, strip down and make sure there are no new marks or injuries. Also note any unusual soreness or cramps. Sore muscles could be indicative of a fight.
>>
No. 970641 ID: ce39da

Check all the drawers in case they have your stuff, then check the window.
>>
No. 970671 ID: 2570dd

>>970638
This is good, also best to get up and make sure you aren’t tied to the bed, god forbid...
>>
No. 970678 ID: d63ea8

Also check the picture on the dresser, might give you some clues.
>>
No. 970679 ID: b1b4f3

>>970632
Check picture on dresser, peek out the window, feel head to see what the damp hair is about.
>>
No. 970943 ID: e51896
File 159341384760.png - (962.23KB , 1280x720 , EC0010.png )
970943

I've decided I am just about ready to get out of bed, but before I do that, I do a little bit of thinking about my predicament.

>>970640
>Hmm, unless they are a family friend, an uncle, or a teacher or mentor, Jeffery Chase who is age 30 could be important because he fucking kidnapped us which would explain the unfamiliar scenery. Regardless, tread carefully. Who knows what may happen.

Suddenly, as I am thinking, name comes to mind... Jeffery Chase. Why does that name sounds so familiar? It sounds like someone I am supposed to know, but I cannot for the life of me remember the person's face or who he is. When I think about the possibility of him kidnapping me, nothing seems to suggest in my memory that it was him who kidnapped me. Still, I won't rule out that possibility. But now that name is probably going to bother me for the rest of the day, or night, or whatever.

>>970637
>Well by observing the room that you are currently in you are somewhere where it is forbidden by law to employ an aesthetic designer. I mean gray walls with blue carpet, purple doors and all the pictures of plants do not fit this room at all, if you want my suggestion you should pinch yourself because being in this room is equivalent to being in a living nightmare.

I start thinking about how this room's interior design is terrible. I am so distracted looking at the grey walls and blue flooring and the poster behind me that my eyes played tricks on me and made me think the door was purple. But no, the door is white. It is just open, and the room outside the door is the purple I am seeing, which I think might be a hallway.
Though while the room is terrible, I don't think it is nightmarish enough to warrant pinching. And even if it was, I'd rather choose to ride out this nightmare instead of pinching myself awake at 2 in the morning and have trouble falling back to sleep.

>>970638
>Get out of bed and take a look around.
>>>970671
This is good, also best to get up and make sure you aren’t tied to the bed, god forbid...
>>970640
>Try to find something small to be used as a weapon just in case things go really badly.

Finally, I get the willpower to get out of bed. Thankfully, I am not tied up as I may have expected. As my foot touches the soft carpet, I become more aware that the entire room is very slightly rumbling. As I sit on the bed, I take a look around for something to defend myself with. There doesn't seem to be much that could help me from what I can see except maybe the lamp which would be kind of awkward to carry and the cactus which might be a bit too small. Regardless, I will keep an eye out for anything while I investigate the room.
>>
No. 970944 ID: e51896
File 159341393931.png - (576.32KB , 1280x720 , EC0011.png )
970944

>>970678
>Also check the picture on the dresser, might give you some clues.
>>970679
Check picture on dresser.

Before I rummage through the dresser, the picture on top of it catches my eyes...

...What am I even looking at here? From what I can see, it looks like a torn picture of three different figures posing for the camera in what I think is inside a park canopy.
one person in the front looks like they are being punched, but looking at their smiling face, it looks more like a fake punch for making a silly pose for the picture.
The person in the back is sitting very relaxed in the chair in front of a table, and looks like they are mildly amused by what the two people are doing in the front.
The third person who is performing the fake punch seems to have been torn out of the picture. Perhaps this was a friendship that had fallen out? This might have been a wholesome picture regardless... If it wasn't for the fact that these people are NOT human!

I am trying to think of an explanation as to what I am seeing. Maybe these are costumes? but the facial expressions look too realistic to be costumes. Is this a work of art or CGI? that seems more likely, but this looks a bit too life-like if that is the case. Maybe they are animatronic puppets? But then I've never seen or heard of any animatronic characters that look like this before. Whatever the case, I prefer not to believe that I’ve been abducted by aliens or monsters.

I put the picture back on the dresser in confusion.
>>
No. 970945 ID: e51896
File 159341399761.png - (0.98MB , 1280x720 , EC0012.png )
970945

>>970638
>Then try to find the stuff you had on you.
>>970641
>Check all the drawers in case they have your stuff

I check the drawers in the dresser. What a relief! In each of the drawers, I find my hoodie, my pants, my underwear, and my socks, and each were on top of a bunch of unfamiliar clothing. I also manage to find my shoes right next to the TV table. Lastly, after checking inside the table's drawers the lamp is on top of, and I found the TV remote inside.
As I take my clothing out of the dresser and onto the bed, I notice that the clothes are quite warm, as if it had been taken out of the dryer very recently. It makes my mind wander into how this contrasts with my wet hair.

>>970679
>feel head to see what the damp hair is about.

I remove the hat on my head and start to put my hair between my fingers. it doesn't feel sticky or gooey, it just feels like water, like I stepped out of the shower. While it is a little damp in some places, it does feel dry in other places in my hair, so it seems like it is almost dry.

Judging by how long my lengthy hair usually dries, whatever happened to me which involved getting my hair wet must have happened a few hours ago, and whoever placed my clothes in the dresser was here not too long ago with how warm my clothes feel.
>>
No. 970946 ID: e51896
File 159341407999.gif - (7.75MB , 640x360 , EC0013.gif )
970946

>>970641
>then check the window.
>>970679
peek out the window
>>970638
Formulate an escape route in case things get weird.

Before I get dressed into what I was wearing earlier, I think it might be best to have an escape plan ready. The window looks to be a likely possibility.

I open the drapes and... WHAT THE FUCK?!

Outside is nothing but the ocean, as far as the eye can see! And it seems like this building is moving, so I must be on a ship of some kind. That explains the rumbling on the floor I'm feeling felt. This is especially alarming because I Iive around the middle of the country and nowhere near the ocean!

Wait, something is passing by... Is that a building in the distance sprouting from the ocean? no wait... Is THAT A TULIP???!!!

Okay, I'm closing the drapes as I do not want to accept the reality of the situation. Things are definitely weird.

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me from how tired I was. I should take my mind off of it and get dressed. I can't wait to put on my nice warm clothing...
>>
No. 970947 ID: e51896
File 159341415091.png - (804.82KB , 1280x720 , EC0014.png )
970947

>>970640
>Lastly, take stock of yourself. Are you clothed? Regardless of the last answer, strip down and make sure there are no new marks or injuries. Also note any unusual soreness or cramps. Sore muscles could be indicative of a fight.

Seeing as I am going to get dressed in my old clothes, I should probably check myself for any injuries like bruises, or anything that looks like an injection mark before I get dressed. I proceed to remove my shirt and...

*Tap* *Tap*

OOOHHH CRAP! I HEAR FOOTSTEPS CLOSE BY! How could I forget to close the door?! I can be such a scatterbrain sometimes, but I can't blame myself after everything I just witnessed so far. That was a lot to take in. Plus, it would have been suspicious if I did close the door and someone noticed.

I quickly put my shirt back on and turn towards the open door... Good, looks like nobody saw me, but I still hear the footsteps, and it is getting closer. What should I do?

Maybe I could hide under the bed?
Or maybe go back to bed and pretend to be asleep?
Another option could be arming myself with the lamp or cactus and be ready to attack...
But what if I am overreacting and should just stand here doing nothing and wait for the person to arrive so I can try to have a conversation with them and ask what the fuck is going on?
Or maybe there is something else I can think of?
>>
No. 970950 ID: dce46f

Hide behind the door, and grab the cactus!
>>
No. 970951 ID: e51896

Author's Commentary: thanks for the support so far. I will be juggling work while making this quest, so updates might slow down during the weekday, but I will focus on getting pages uploaded regardless. That said, weekends will definitely be my days off where I can get more time to focus on making pages for this quest.

Thanks for your patience :)
>>
No. 970952 ID: 094652

Go back to bed. Don't scream if they have teeth.
>>
No. 970956 ID: fdb3c8

Is someone peeping? Call them out on it! Take no shit girl! Be brave!
>>
No. 970957 ID: b1b4f3

>>970947
Girl, you done isekai'd into another world. Just wait for whoever it is. Fully expect them to look like the people in the picture. Hope they can speak your language, and ask where you are and how you got here.
>>
No. 970962 ID: 2bd15b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6YMov3fYvs

I am sorry for that little existential crisis that I just experienced. I just have to remind myself that everything that we are seeing and experiencing is just a dream a product of our mind. Well if we are going to explain this by dream theory why not try and see if we can lucid dream the shit out of this world. Ok just try and focus to construct a mustache on your face just to see if you can. If you can't find a mirror simply touch your face and feel if you have managed to construct something out of thin air.
>>
No. 970963 ID: 2bd15b

>>970951
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=688OPQ9WFpA
>>
No. 970968 ID: d63ea8

>>970950
(The most dangerous weapon)

They at least seem polite enough to knock, ask them who they are and where you are exactly.
>>
No. 970969 ID: e35746

>>970968

I think that tapping was the footsteps she heard, not knocking.
>>
No. 970975 ID: d186fc

Lets try: Shutting the door.
>>
No. 971051 ID: 3e98fc

Yeah let's see if we can get an explanation from whoever's coming. But take the cactus just in case.
>>
No. 971273 ID: e51896
File 159368364960.png - (606.14KB , 1280x720 , EC0015.png )
971273

>>970956
>Is someone peeping? Call them out on it! Take no shit girl! Be brave!

>>970957
>Just wait for whoever it is. Fully expect them to look like the people in the picture. Hope they can speak your language, and ask where you are and how you got here.

>>970950
>grab the cactus!

>>970968
> (The most dangerous weapon)
>ask them who they are and where you are exactly.

>>971051
>Yeah let's see if we can get an explanation from whoever's coming. But take the cactus just in case.

I've made my decision, I'm going to give whoever is coming a piece of my mind and demand an explanation on what is going on around here. I grab the cactus just in case the person turns out to be hostile and make my way towards the open door leading outside of the hallway and put my bravest face on...

shit, My heart is pounding and my knees are shaking, but regardless, I am going to get the answers I am looking for. A lot of things come to mind, What do I even say to the person arriving? Do I give them a stern talking to? Do I try to keep the conversation civil despite how I was possibly kidnapped? And what if they are not human? If they are anything like the photo, they at least appear to be friendly in the photo, but it is still weird to me to think that those rabbit looking things exist.

The tapping of the footsteps gets louder and louder...

closer and closer...

and then it stops...

...

...

And then I hear some kind of... sniffling below me?
>>
No. 971274 ID: e51896
File 159368374930.gif - (6.87MB , 640x360 , EC0016.gif )
971274

...
...
e...
ele...
...elephant?!

No wait, that can't be an elephant, an elephant has large ears, and a much longer trunk, and there definitely are no star or cloud designs on an elephant's body... what is this thing?

Before I even have time to say or do anything, the creature raises its trunk towards the cactus that I am holding, and I instinctively raise my arm away from it. It seems to want the cactus.

After its initial attempt at grabbing the cactus, it just gives up, brushes against my leg like a cat would as it heads towards the bed, climbs up on the bed, and lays down and takes a nap...
>>
No. 971275 ID: e51896
File 159368381898.png - (0.97MB , 1280x720 , EC0017.png )
971275

...on top my warm comfy clothes...
Ugh... of course. Well, unless I can figure out some way to get it off of my clothes which I left on the bed, it looks like I'm not getting dressed any time soon.

Despite the creature looking weird, it at least appears to be docile. It seems to trust me enough to even lay with it's back turned against me. Most likely this animal might be tamed. I did notice that after the animal passed me earlier, I could have sworn I heard something that sounded like a stomach growl coming from it... Must be hungry I guess.

I start to wonder how I can get this animal off of my clothes so I can finally get dressed.
It was trying to grab the cactus earlier, maybe I can lure it off of my clothes with the cactus in some way?
I also notice the remote I found earlier in the lamp's table drawer. I wonder if I can use the remote or the television in some way to wake this animal up and distract it.
Or maybe I can just grab the napping animal off my clothes? even though it appears docile, I'm worried about how it may react if I attempt to pick it up, or how heavy it might be.
Or maybe there is another idea I can try?
>>
No. 971285 ID: ce39da

Use the TV; all of these choices have unknown chances of success, but this option is also the most likely to reveal new information.
>>
No. 971290 ID: e51896
File 159370309353.png - (838.17KB , 1280x720 , EC0018.png )
971290

>>970957
>Girl, you done isekai'd into another world.

It certainly seems that way, but I can't seem to think how this is logically possible.

>>970962
>I am sorry for that little existential crisis that I just experienced. I just have to remind myself that everything that we are seeing and experiencing is just a dream a product of our mind. Well if we are going to explain this by dream theory why not try and see if we can lucid dream the shit out of this world. Ok just try and focus to construct a mustache on your face just to see if you can. If you can't find a mirror simply touch your face and feel if you have managed to construct something out of thin air.

The possibility of this whole scenario being a dream is becoming more likely. It feels like one of the most logical explanations I can think of

Oh wow, If this is a dream, then that means that I can lucid dream! Though from my past experience, I've never really been all that good at lucid dreaming. Usually, whenever I realize I'm in a dream and attempt to lucid dream, I either immediately wake up before I can even start doing anything, or during my attempts to do something like fly or summon something, my mind forces me to think that what I try to attempt is not logically possible and thus, I can't concentrate on becoming a god of my dream.

Regardless, I try to grow a mustache on my upper lip.

...
Come on...
...
Gimme a mustache!
...
Put a fuzzy caterpillar right on my upper lip...
...
...

As expected, nothing. I've always been shitty at lucid dreaming after all... That is, assuming this is a dream. If it is a dream, then this has to be the most vivid dream I've ever had.

Ah well, at least I can always imagine myself with a mustache... hee hee hee.

Right, what was I going to do again? I tend to be forgetful...

>>970975
>Lets try: Shutting the door.

Oh, yes! Of course! Close sesame! I shut the door. I feel more secure now, though there is a possibility that the door was open for a reason and it might look suspicious that it is now closed to anyone who passes by. But I think it is just more likely that whoever brought me here just forgot to close the door.

What was I going to do again?

Oh, that's right, the animal on my clothes. I need to get it off of my clothes somehow. What do I do?
>>
No. 971291 ID: e51896

Author's Commentary: whoops, I noticed there was a mistake with one of the images, so I needed to fix it. Sorry.

>>971285
Your vote will still be counted, Detective Caillou
>>
No. 971294 ID: 2bd15b

Well, it was at least worth a try to see if we can bend this reality. Hmmm with all things that you saw from this room and that you learned about this house. I honestly think that it won't be a big deal if you simply just go and meet the people who live here in your pajamas. There are two options for your current scenario, option one you were teleported here or option two thew people who live here found you and brought you here, so you not wearing your regular clothes isn't such a big deal. Besides, I wouldn't touch a sleeping creature, maybe waking it up can provoke it. It obviously likes that bed and it might look at it as you encroaching on its territory if you insist on moving it.
>>
No. 971301 ID: 5f4030

It seems harmless enough... maybe just pull them out from under it?
>>
No. 971302 ID: 2bd15b

>>971301
Just because it seems harmless doesn't mean it will be. Maybe this will be the outcome if we mess with that sleeping booty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81hxMJSqWZU
>>
No. 971304 ID: b1b4f3

>>971290
Lure it away with the cactus.
>>
No. 971320 ID: d63ea8

I'm sure you can retrieve your clothing with some well-applied pats.

Also close the door.
>>
No. 971361 ID: e51896

Author's Commentary:

I have made a discussion thread for this quest. It is parked right over here: >>/questdis/133347
>>
No. 971726 ID: e51896
File 159420770296.png - (0.99MB , 1280x720 , EC0019.png )
971726

>>971320
>I'm sure you can retrieve your clothing with some well-applied pats.

>Also close the door.

Did I close the door? I think I already closed the door... Let me double check... >>971290 Yep, door is closed. Door can't be any more closed than it is now… unless I lock it, but I see no locks… What kind of bedroom has no locks anyway???

I go over to the sleeping creature. I’m a little nervous about what it might do if I try to pat it awake, but it will feel so weird to walk around in an unfamiliar place in my pajamas. Besides, it seemed docile enough to not do any harm to me especially since it could have mauled me to get the cactus that it tried to grab from me earlier but didn’t. One thing for sure, I’m not going to try to pull my clothing out from under the creature, that would definitely anger it. Instead, I’ll just try to lightly pat it awake.
I begin to pat the animal and… hey, it actually feels kind of nice and soft. I continue to pat the animal until the patting becomes petting. I can’t stop because of how fluffy it feels! I pet and pet and pet and…

:ec_sniff: ”*SNORE*”
Oh, well shit. Seems like the massage I was giving it just made it fall into a deeper sleep…
>>
No. 971727 ID: e51896
File 159420775789.png - (629.35KB , 1280x720 , EC0020.png )
971727

>>971285
>Use the TV; all of these choices have unknown chances of success, but this option is also the most likely to reveal new information.
>>971304
>Lure it away with the cactus.

I suddenly get an idea.
First, I put the Cactus on the pillow…
>>
No. 971728 ID: e51896
File 159420792813.gif - (0.95MB , 1280x720 , EC0021.gif )
971728

Then, I turn on the tv, making sure the volume is loud enough to wake the animal while being in a safe distance. As soon as I push the power button, I am greeted by a commercial illuminating the television

:ec_tv: -of our many games such as the Ghost Out Shootout and earn some rare prizes! Can you shoot enough ghosts to get the high score prize before your gun runs out of water or time runs out?

:ec_tv: And here in Big-Topolis, there’s no need to waste time taking the bus, or taxi to get to work, restaurants, or any other locations anymore! Just take one of our many roller coasters to get to your destination quickly while having the thrill of your life!

:ec_tv: Jerry’s Big-Topolis, our entire city is one gigantic amusement park! With a park this big, we bet you can’t participate in all the activities in the span of two weeks!

:ec_tv: ”Big-Topolis, where the fun overshadows your work day! Go to your closest Sand-Eye Airlines and have them to take you to the white daisy at section G-14, at the 11th tile”

… A city sized amusement park? How does that even work? From my experience, carnie games are sketchy as hell… and roller coasters as trains or subways? If that is the case, how do people not drop their things if they are going to work? And how many people do they need to hire to clean up all the messes people make from vomiting after a ride? And not to mention all the maintenance on the rides. With an amusement park also being a city, I just wonder how many lawsuits the mayor has to deal with. I just can’t wrap my head around how an amusement park can also be a city for people to live and work in. Plus, that tag line was kind of lame…

I also notice that there are more of the weird rabbit things with the two sets of ears... and now there are bug looking things with two sets of antennae in the mix too?

:ec_sniff: ”*Crunch crunch*”

My train of thought is interrupted by the sound of… munching?
>>
No. 971729 ID: e51896
File 159420797616.png - (932.82KB , 1280x720 , EC00022.png )
971729

Oh, well it looks like my plan worked, the television woke up the creature, and the cactus lured the animal off my clothing… I didn’t exactly expect it to eat the cactus, especially with those sharp spikes coming out of it… but then again, what else would an animal do with a cactus. Ah well, Maybe I can still salvage what is left of the cactus?
>>
No. 971730 ID: e51896
File 159420802939.png - (1.02MB , 1280x720 , EC00023.png )
971730

WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT'S WITH ITS MOUTH?!
>>
No. 971731 ID: e51896
File 159420806435.png - (869.93KB , 1280x720 , EC00024.png )
971731



It…
Ate the entire cactus…
and all the dirt in the pot…
and the pot…


>>
No. 971732 ID: e51896
File 159420811426.png - (880.89KB , 1280x720 , EC00025.png )
971732



:ec_tv: ”That’s a spicy meatball!”


>>
No. 971733 ID: e51896
File 159420837569.png - (880.81KB , 1280x720 , ec00026.png )
971733


I got my clothes back. Wootsauce, I can finally get dressed. The clothes are still warm, though it is now probably because that elephant creature was laying on it earlier.
:ec_tv: ”And now back to your 10am news”

Oh, the television is still on. Now that it served its purpose, I should also decide whether I should turn it off or not as I get changed... or maybe stay in my pajamas???
and I should think of some other plan of actions as well.
>>
No. 971734 ID: 094652

Turn off all the electronics. Don't waste someone else's electricity or they'll get pissed off.

Also, please ask the owner how they haven't been headcrabbed yet.
>>
No. 971739 ID: d63ea8

Quickly get your clothes and quietly mourn the cactus, its sacrifice will not be forgotten.
>>
No. 971744 ID: 44b1b5

Keep the TV on - keeping up-to-date on current events is useful no matter what nonsense world you find yourself.
>>
No. 971763 ID: ecd116

it probably a good idea to keep the tv on just so you can get what equivalent of news/entertainment that is for the locals/visitors here. any info you can get even it just weather and temperature conditions or yet another advertisement, no matter how trivial, will increased your odd of success and overall survival rate. especially when in unknown territory.
>>
No. 971781 ID: 5f4030

Get changed. Maybe flip through some of the channels to get a better idea of where you are/what’s happening.
>>
No. 971813 ID: 2bd15b

Well, I think that you gathered all that you could from the tv, this is a world similar to your own. The only difference is that everyone is gray and they have small elephants as a pet. But I do have a question since you recognize your clots where was the last time when you wore it?
>>
No. 971856 ID: ae9bd9

>>971733
Change clothes. Still check yourself over, but add new tattoos, barcodes, patches, tags, symbols, or subdermal lights to the things to look for.
>>
No. 971906 ID: be330d

Like everyone else suggested, keep the tv on for the news for info, strip and check yourself for injuries, markings, and whatnot, and then put on your hoodie.

One important thing to add, Turn down the volume on the television so that nobody outside can hear you
>>
No. 972337 ID: e51896
File 159481651990.png - (1.04MB , 1280x720 , EC00027.png )
972337

>>971739
>quietly mourn the cactus, its sacrifice will not be forgotten.

No.
>>
No. 972340 ID: e51896
File 159481670377.gif - (902.83KB , 1280x720 , EC00028.gif )
972340

>>971734
>Turn off all the electronics. Don't waste someone else's electricity or they'll get pissed off.
>>971781
>Get changed. Maybe flip through some of the channels to get a better idea of where you are/what’s happening.

I was thinking about shutting off the television as to not waste electricity, or changing the channel

>>971744
>Keep the TV on - keeping up-to-date on current events is useful no matter what nonsense world you find yourself.
>>971763
>it probably a good idea to keep the tv on just so you can get what equivalent of news/entertainment that is for the locals/visitors here. any info you can get even it just weather and temperature conditions or yet another advertisement, no matter how trivial, will increased your odd of success and overall survival rate. especially when in unknown territory.

But I figure that since the news is on, I can get a better understanding on what kind of world I stumbled into through that instead of flipping through channels. Besides, if they were worried about wasting electricity, they would not have had the ceiling fan on.

I decided to tune into the news.

>>971906
>One important thing to add, Turn down the volume on the television so that nobody outside can hear you

It is most likely a good idea to turn the volume down so that nobody hears the television and investigates while I am getting dressed. I turn down the volume and pay attention

:ec_ben: “ …Everybody who is everybody is getting ready for one of the biggest events of the century: Rekindling Day! And this century’s Rekindling Day is going to be different with some special things and suprises coming our way! Here is Zena with more on the story… Zena? “

:ec_zena: “Thank you Ben… Yes, this particular Rekindling Day’s festival at our holy kingdom has many talking for several different reasons this century, whether it be planning, rumors, excitement, or even concerns or some controversy, it is no doubt that Rekindling Day is on everyone’s mind. “

:ec_zena: “Rekindling day of course is an event that happens once every century around the time when our two holy structures, which helps our worlds function, start to lose power. During this day, our holy king will summon our almighty god to bless those who gaze upon him with good luck, and receive his guidance for the coming century… but more importantly, it is to announce who will be the prophetic hero who will set out on a journey to rekindle the two structures far away. Last century’s Rekindling Day with our king’s grandfather: King Larue, saw the last day the Rekindling ceremony was held at the old church within his kingdom before it was accidentally burnt to the ground under mysterious circumstances during the middle of this century. This century however, will be held in the newly built church to be unveiled this coming Rekindling Day. “

:ec_zena: “Our current holy king and messenger of our god, King Laurent, has been meditating for the past few years in training and preparation for this special event. He has stated that he wishes to dedicate his summoning of our god to his mother and previous ruler, Queen Lauren, who had passed away a couple decades ago, and is therefore training extra hard for both himself and his mother. “

Whoa, King Laurent has a far better mustache than the one I tried to imagine for myself. But other than that, it looks like these people are preparing for some kind of special event. Should I consider myself lucky that I ended up here in this mysterious world during such an occasion? Well, I can gauge that these people has a monarchy kind of government, and is apparently religious.

I find it interesting how even though these guys are a different species from me, they can speak English and even use the English alphabet. What are the odds. However, I do notice that even though they speak English… it does not look like their mouths match what they are saying upon closer inspection… And their voices definitely don’t sound human either, much like the announcer on the Bigtopolis commercial didn’t sound human.
>>
No. 972341 ID: e51896
File 159481685125.png - (926.59KB , 1280x720 , EC00029.png )
972341

>>971856
>Change clothes. Still check yourself over, but add new tattoos, barcodes, patches, tags, symbols, or subdermal lights to the things to look for.

>>971906
>strip and check yourself for injuries, markings, and whatnot, and then put on your hoodie.

>>970640
>Lastly, take stock of yourself. Are you clothed? Regardless of the last answer, strip down and make sure there are no new marks or injuries. Also note any unusual soreness or cramps. Sore muscles could be indicative of a fight.

I leave the television on so I can listen as I change clothes. I get my clothing off the bed and on the floor so that creature doesn’t move on top of them again... or eat them.

After I strip off my clothing and before I put on my clothing, I suppose I need to check myself for any signs of struggle, or any weird markings...

...

after a thorough check... nope, there is nothing from what I can see. Though to be fair, I can't really look behind me without a mirror. But I think given the circumstances, I think it is safe to assume that I am clean and free from any kind of injuries or symbols or tattoos... just the wet hair is unusual, though I think it is for the most part dry enough to not be noticeable.

:ec_zena: “There has of course been growing concerns over the growing invasions of criminals from across the border causing trouble for our worlds with their own devious creations. Many people are concerned that with the increase of criminal activity from these invaders, that they might try to even ruin Rekindling Day and there has even been calls for rescheduling Rekindling day. King Laurent has yet to respond to these concerns, but our princess has stated that Rekindling Day must happen no later than the scheduled day as to not risk the structures deactivating earlier than expected and causing a loss of power to our worlds, and has reassured that our soldiers will be positioned and on duty to prevent possible conflict with these invaders during Rekindling Day“

Oh, it seems while I was busy checking myself over, I missed out on what their princess looked like. Ah well, she is an important figure, so I’m sure I’ll see her again in the future.
>>
No. 972342 ID: e51896
File 159481694996.png - (928.92KB , 1280x720 , EC00030.png )
972342

>>971739
>Quickly get your clothes

>>971781
>Get changed.

>>971856
>Change clothes.

Alright, I proceed to get my underwear on, and I go for the hoodie…

:ec_mystery: “Sniffles! Where are you? Oh geez, Mags is going to be too worried about you to listen to me during our morning meeting if you aren’t there with her!“

I hear a voice from outside the door, and while it doesn’t sound human like the voices I heard on the television, the voice sounds very concerned. It seems like that after the person spoke, the creature rose its head from the pillow after the mention of the word Sniffles… is that its name?
Oh geez, I realize I’m not decent. I am so glad that I closed the door… if anyone came in here while I’m underdressed…

…I hear footsteps coming closer towards my door…
:ec_mystery: “oh, I hope you’re not in the guest bedroom bothering the person we rescued, Sniffles. She has gone through far too much and needs all the rest she can get to regain her strength.”

YIKES! That voice is coming from directly from outside my door now! Suddenly, I am frozen in nervousness. My knees are shaking and I started to sweat. I am trembling so much that I am having trouble putting my clothes on Please don’t come in here… please leave me alone
:ec_zena: [color=# a865b1] “There are rumors as to who the chosen hero could be. There is many speculating that it could be Zach Mystic, a famous athlete and even more famous musician. Rumors were started when Zach was spotted often with King Laurent. However, there has been no indication as to why he has been hanging out with the king.”

ACK! The television, the person might be able to hear it… I hope the volume is low enough… pleasegoaway!
>>
No. 972343 ID: e51896
File 159481699668.png - (901.51KB , 1280x720 , EC00031.png )
972343

:ec_mystery: "Nah, you can’t be in there… as much as you like that room, the door is closed, and you don’t know how to open doors. I’d be wasting what little time I have if I check in there, and I might wake up the person we saved if I enter… Must be in Mags room, her door is open… She is always forgetting to close the doors."

The footsteps sound farther away now, and Sniffles(?) rests its head back on the pillow… I breathe a sigh of relief and after my nerves are calm, shut off the television, and I proceed to put the rest of my clothes on
>>
No. 972344 ID: e51896
File 159481704566.png - (225.64KB , 1280x720 , EC00032.png )
972344

TADAH! I am finally dressed and ready to get shit done.

>>971813
>Well, I think that you gathered all that you could from the tv, this is a world similar to your own. The only difference is that everyone is gray and they have small elephants as a pet. But I do have a question since you recognize your clots where was the last time when you wore it?

These clothes were the last ones I remember wearing. It is my favorite outfit.

>>971734
>Also, please ask the owner how they haven't been headcrabbed yet.

I think I need to get to the bottom of this and try to talk with the residents here, maybe ask about their weird pet too.

One thing that hasn’t left my mind: whoever was out there said they rescued me? Who or what did they rescue me from? I’m drawing a blank as to what exactly happened to me.

The footsteps are drawing closer again.

:ec_mystery: "Okay, so you weren’t in Mag’s room. Did you sneak upstairs while I was busy checking her room? Geez, where are you, you silly tapir? I hope you’re not eating something you shouldn’t… again..."

It sounds like the person is outside my door now.

How should I proceed?
>>
No. 972350 ID: 2bd15b

So let me get this straight, you don't know how you ended up here, the person on the other side of the door claimed that they saved you and to top it all off there is a huge event that is happening during your stay in this unfamiliar world. I have a feeling that all of this is somehow connected with you being here, maybe the cosmos choose you or maybe you are secretly the destroyer of this world, who can say. Just stay sharp, cool, and collective, by the looks of how things are unfolding we are probably destined to go on a magical journey and should pay the role of a stranger in a strange world. As for the person that is looking for their pets might as well help them out, I see no reason not to trust them for now at least. (One last thing to mention, you have a nice pair of tits but I wouldn't recommend showing them off, we don't know the customs of this world.)
>>
No. 972360 ID: 44b1b5

Open the door a little.

"Um, if Sniffles is the blue tapir thing in here, I think I found her. Sorry, I closed the door so nobody walked in on me while I was changing."
>>
No. 972375 ID: 5f4030

Just peek the door open a bit. I suspect the person on the other side of the door is the one from the picture. And did he say that he rescued you? This is probably the guy we want to talk with.
>>
No. 972410 ID: b1b4f3

>>972344
Go say hello.
>>
No. 972447 ID: 83bd82

The hints are all pointing to whoever this is and their buds fishing you out of the water. That fits with where you are being in the middle of water, you hair being damp and your clothes being freshly dried. They stripped your wet clothes off so you wouldn't get hypothermia from the cold water and dressed you in the PJ set before putting you in bed. It's unnerving that at least one of them saw you naked, but such a situation could have turned out way worse.

May as well introduce yourself now. Give the door a small knock and open it a little to tell him that Sniffles is in here; Hopefully whatever is translating their speech works both ways. Tell him that Sniffles came in here and flopped on the bed to have a nap, right on your warm clothes you laid out. Also tell him that Sniffles also ate the potted cactus in here when you tried to entice them off your clothes with it. Sorry.
>>
No. 972736 ID: e51896
File 159518045641.png - (819.79KB , 1280x720 , EC00033.png )
972736

>>972350
>So let me get this straight, you don't know how you ended up here, the person on the other side of the door claimed that they saved you and to top it all off there is a huge event that is happening during your stay in this unfamiliar world. I have a feeling that all of this is somehow connected with you being here, maybe the cosmos choose you or maybe you are secretly the destroyer of this world, who can say.

I'm starting to wonder what my purpose and place is in this weird world I got transported to is, such as the possibility of me being some kind of "chosen one" or "destroyer" of some sort considering what I've learned so far. It all feels confusing and very overwhelming to think about to why I'm even here...

though to be fair, I wasn’t exactly sure what my role and place was in the universe back at home either. I've had lots of trouble getting accepted into any colleges I've tried to apply for, so it's been difficult for me to even start finding my purpose or start having a dream in life to achieve in the first place.

>Just stay sharp, cool, and collective, by the looks of how things are unfolding we are probably destined to go on a magical journey and should pay the role of a stranger in a strange world.

I think for now, I will just go with the flow of things, and just be myself and observe how things go until I find my purpose here. Eventually and hopefully, I can find the figurative beacon that will help guide me back home.

>One last thing to mention, you have a nice pair of tits but I wouldn't recommend showing them off, we don't know the customs of this world

Honestly, I'd rather not expose myself to others if I can help it, especially not strangers. Call me old fashioned, but I'm a good young woman. The only person I would rather show my naked body off to and even save myself for sexual relationships with would have to be someone special... Somebody like a soulmate that I would love with all my heart and they would love me with all their heart. Someone I would want to spend the rest of my life with.

Just thinking about the possibility that the person on the other side of the door entering this room while I was changing is still making my heart pound a little. Although... I have to admit… even though I felt very nervous and my heart was racing from that possibility of being caught naked... I can't help but admit that I felt a slight bit of... thrilling excitement with the possibility of being seen all exposed like that... WAIT, what are you thinking, Lilly? Stop that! Get those thoughts outta your mind this instant! Errr... that’s it, I'm changing the subject immediately before I corrupt myself further!

>>972447
>The hints are all pointing to whoever this is and their buds fishing you out of the water. That fits with where you are being in the middle of water, your hair being damp and your clothes being freshly dried. They stripped your wet clothes off so you wouldn't get hypothermia from the cold water and dressed you in the PJ set before putting you in bed. It's unnerving that at least one of them saw you naked, but such a situation could have turned out way worse.

After investigating my condition, the environment around me, and the circumstances so far, the dots are connecting and helping me give another very likely possibility of what the full picture is. I realize that this is looking less like a kidnapping as I originally thought, and more likely looking like I was rescued from the ocean that I saw out the window. The thought that I was seen nude after being changed makes me feel weird, kind of the same weird feeling as I felt over that close call of having that person almost walk into this room while I was changing… but If the alternative is dying of hypothermia, then so be it I suppose.

I’m still left with many questions such as where exactly I am if this isn’t planet Earth, and how I got here and most likely in the ocean no less. But I think after realizing I was rescued from the sea and not kidnapped, I can feel my confidence in talking to the residence of this place has grown stronger … Yes… I think I'm about ready to speak with the person on the other side of the door more confidently now.

>>972350
>As for the person that is looking for their pets might as well help them out, I see no reason not to trust them for now at least.

>>972375
>Just peek the door open a bit. I suspect the person on the other side of the door is the one from the picture. And did he say that he rescued you? This is probably the guy we want to talk with.

>>972410
>Go say hello.

>>972447
>May as well introduce yourself now. Give the door a small knock and open it a little

I'm not exactly sure who I will be dealing with, but first impressions are important. And I think the best way to start a friendship of some sort with these people is to help this concerned person find their pet.

I first give a light knock on the door, and I’m pretty sure I heard a gasp from the other side as an immediate response. I next slowly and carefully open the door and attempt to begin a conversation with whoever is on the other side.
>>
No. 972738 ID: e51896
File 159518056896.png - (711.90KB , 1280x720 , EC00034.png )
972738

>>972447
>tell him that Sniffles is in here; Hopefully whatever is translating their speech works both ways. Tell him that Sniffles came in here and flopped on the bed to have a nap, right on your warm clothes you laid out. Also tell him that Sniffles also ate the potted cactus in here when you tried to entice them off your clothes with it. Sorry.

>>972360
>"Um, if Sniffles is the blue tapir thing in here, I think I found her. Sorry, I closed the door so nobody walked in on me while I was changing."

:ec_lilly: "Um, if Sniffles is the blue tapir thing in here, I think I found her. Sorry, I closed the door so nobody walked in on me while I was changing... Sniffles just kind of came in here earlier and flopped on the bed to have a nap on top of my warm clothing I laid out and ummm... Sniffles also ate the potted cactus when I tried to entice it off my clothing with it... Sorry..."
>>
No. 972742 ID: e51896
File 159518091882.png - (924.21KB , 1280x720 , EC00035.png )
972742

The person on the other side looks like the creature on the picture I found earlier, except he is wearing a different set of clothing. The most notable feature is that huge hat he is wearing, which has the same logo as the nightcap I was wearing… some kind of spirograph with what looks like two arrows pointing upwards near the middle. He looks a bit startled to see me up, holding his hand on his chest as if trying to steady his beating heart from the surprise of me talking to him. I don’t think he expected to see me up and about. But after I finished saying what I needed to say, he starts to calm down.

:ec_arthurius: "Oh, Uh, umm… thanks a lot.

He gives a sigh of relief

:ec_arthurius: “But uh… nevermind Sniffles, more importantly, are you okay? You were caught in a frightening situation a few hours ago, but Mags found you and we saved and brought you here until you recovered…”

:ec_lilly: “Well… I don’t feel hurt or sick. I think I am fine. If anything, I feel more lost and very confused than sick or hurt”

:ec_arthurius: “Of course. I’m sure you have a lot of questions to ask… and, well… since I found Sniffles earlier than I thought I would, I have plenty of time to answer your questions before I have to start my meeting upstairs. Take your time, it is important that you are comfortable after what you’ve been through.”

:ec_lilly: “Thanks… let me start by asking, was I rescued from the sea?”

:ec_arthurius: “You’re pretty sharp. How did you know?”

:ec_lilly: “Well, I noticed my hair was wet when I woke up, my clothing felt warm and dry, I see nothing but the sea outside with giant flowers sprouting from below the sea, and I heard you outside saying I was rescued”

:ec_arthurius: “Yes. A few hours ago, while we were piloting through the sea, Magnolia found you drifting unconscious in the ocean. We’ve never seen or heard of a guest visiting our universe getting caught stuck drifting within the sea. So we immediately picked you up, got you changed into some dry clothing and let you rest in our guest bedroom, and cleaned and dried the original clothing.”

:ec_lilly: “Oh, so you all changed my clothing…”

He notices me look a bit nervous and immediately responds

:ec_arthurius: "Oh! Don’t worry. I had Magnolia change your clothes since she is the same gender as you. I wasn’t involved with that. The only things I was involved in was just picking you up from the ocean, bringing you to our infirmary, and taking you to our guest bedroom. hmm… though I can’t understand how you are not awake"

Well, I got confirmation that I was drifting at sea as I had deduced. It is a wonder as to how I didn’t just sink and drown though especially if I was unconscious throughout all this… nonetheless, I feel a huge sense of relief that this wasn’t a kidnapping. One thing I notice is just like the people on the television, his lips don't seem to move the same way as he talks, like he is being dubbed from a foreign film. But nonetheless, I can understand him, and he seems to understand me.

However, There are still a lot of things that is confusing me, but this person from what I can tell is pretty friendly and is letting me ask any question I want. I have quite a lot of questions but what exactly should I ask?
>>
No. 972756 ID: 5f4030

>>972742
If you were rescued from the sea does this mean we are on a boat? Or did we land in a port somewhere? Also get his name and what he meant by other universe. I mean he’s clearly not human so that would explain a lot about the other universe part, but what would need to know is how we actually go here.
>>
No. 972765 ID: b1b4f3

>>972742
Point out the lip movement thing. Does he notice the same phenomenon when you talk?
>>
No. 972779 ID: 2bd15b

Hmm, so exhibitionistic kink might be your secret desire or something that you don't want to admit to yourself that you secretly want to feel, and I will not remind you any further about it if it is an emerging topic for you to think about. Hey, I am not judging whatever makes you feel happy, but also there is a time and place for everything and this clearly isn't one of those scenarios. For now, we need to find a way home or explore this world, whichever of those two goals is more apeling for you to pursue, simply go for it. But for me, there is one thing that is kinda bothering me and I want to point it out. You ending up in this world is an earthshattering realization, this is something caught you off guard because you didn't know about the existence of this world. But the person with the blue hat acts like this is just another Tuesday for him, it feels like he is going there the motion like been here done this many times before. So simply ask him if you were the first human who visited this world, or are there more people who also ended up here? The way how calm he acts is a bit of a worrying notion for me to think about.
>>
No. 972813 ID: d63ea8

They seem to at least mean well.
What's their name?
>>
No. 972837 ID: ce39da

"Wait, could you clarify that last statement? Is not being awake really weird here? ... Wait, am I still not 'awake?' I already tested for if I was dreaming, but maybe I wasn't as thorough as I thought..."
>>
No. 972898 ID: f6e615

I noticed there is a notebook paper covering that plaque next to this room. I assume this wasn't always a guest bedroom?
>>
No. 972936 ID: d186fc

>>972837
We could be in a coma or something.
>>
No. 973013 ID: e51896
File 159550385955.png - (1.08MB , 1280x720 , EC00036.png )
973013

>>972756
>If you were rescued from the sea does this mean we are on a boat? Or did we land in a port somewhere? Also get his name and what he meant by other universe. I mean he’s clearly not human so that would explain a lot about the other universe part, but what would need to know is how we actually go here.

>>972779
>You ending up in this world is an earthshattering realization, this is something caught you off guard because you didn't know about the existence of this world. But the person with the blue hat acts like this is just another Tuesday for him, it feels like he is going there the motion like been here done this many times before. So simply ask him if you were the first human who visited this world, or are there more people who also ended up here? The way how calm he acts is a bit of a worrying notion for me to think about.

>>972813
>They seem to at least mean well.
What's their name?

>>972837
>"Wait, could you clarify that last statement? Is not being awake really weird here? ... Wait, am I still not 'awake?' I already tested for if I was dreaming, but maybe I wasn't as thorough as I thought..."

:ec_lilly: "So... who are you exactly, and where am I? You said something about me being rescued from the sea, so am I on a boat, or did we land on a port? And am I the first human who entered this world? the way you sound so calm implies that I'm not the first outsider who entered this world... but then you also said something about me not being awake is really weird... does that mean I'm still sleeping? I tried lucid dreaming earlier to see if I was dreaming but it didn't work... granted, I really suck at lucid dreaming... but still, maybe I wasn't as thorough as I thought?"

:ec_arthurius: "ummmm... wow, one question at a time please, heh heh. I'm kidding, I understand that you are nervous and want answers quickly. So Here, let me give you my business card. I think it will answer a lot of those questions you just asked me all at once."

Whoops, I can get ahead of myself and ask a lot of questions a bit too quickly whenever I'm nervous like I am now, but at least this guy is patient enough with me. He hands me his business card.

the card has the same symbol that is on his ridiculously large hat, and which was also on the nightcap I was wearing. Apparently, it seems to be a logo for their business called "Midnight Captors". on further inspection, I learn that this fellow's name is "Arthurius Radiant" with his profession being a "Nightmare Bounty Hunter (Leader)". It also lists his company's phone number, what looks to be their universe's website I think, and even his email address.

:ec_arthurius: "As you can see, my name is Arthurius Radiant, and you are on the ship of the 'Midnight Captors'. I am part of a species known as 'Dreamenciers'. Us Dreamciers, with the blood of our god Morpheus in our veins, have the ability to create dream worlds, dream objects, and even artificial dream lifeforms in this universe."

:ec_arthurius: "A Dreamcier's sole purpose in life which was commanded to us by our god, Morpheus, is to make sure that any dreamers of all different species and universes that visit any of our dream worlds have the most pleasant dream we can give them during their stay as they sleep until they awaken back into their stressful realities. And I'm sure from that, you can gather that you are indeed in a dream."

I knew it! Despite not being a good lucid dreamer, and this dream being very vivid, I knew I was dreaming with how weird everything is. If I'm dreaming, that means that I am safe and any danger that comes my way and will only result in me waking up back in my warm bed. With that knowledge, I give a huge sigh of relief.

:ec_arthurius: "I am the leader of 'Midnight Captors', a team of nightmare bounty hunters that captures criminal 'Nightmareciers' that crosses the border from the demon Phobetor's side of the universe to Morpheus' side of the universe with their purpose to invade the dream worlds us Dreamciers created for dreamers like you, and attempt to corrupt them with their own nightmarish creations without permission from the Dreamciers who created the invaded dream world.
“It is our job to prevent these Nightmareciers who invade our dream worlds from giving dreamers a frightening nightmare. Sometimes it isn’t just limited to Nightmareciers we hunt. Sometimes another Dreamcier could invade another Dreamcier’s dream and try to change it to their vision without the creator’s permission”


:ec_lilly: "So then why is it so weird that I am not awake?"

:ec_arthurius: "Well, while you are indeed asleep, dreaming, and in the dream universe, you're technically not in a dream yet. You are actually in the realm between the dream worlds, and reality. To simplify it, you are in the outer space of our dream universe, and you're not supposed to be dreaming until after you enter a dream world."

:ec_lilly: "Outer space? but then why are we out in sea? Outer space is supposed to be a big dark empty void with planets shaped like giant orbs, and a bunch of stars, not an ocean with flowers sprouting"

:ec_arthurius: "Our outer space is different. Our universe is an ocean that is endless, and bottomless, with a sky with no limit. Our planets are not shaped like orbs, but are actually giant flowers that act as portals which transport you to a dream world. And in the middle of our universe is a large crossable border which is between the god Morpheus' side of the universe full of dreams, and Phobetor's side of the universe full of nightmares."

:ec_arthurius: "Anyway, what makes it weird that you are not awake from your sleep is that normally when a dreamer is asleep, their consciousness is borrowed by a sandman or sandwoman from the dreamer's reality and taken to the outer space of the dreaming universe until after a Sandman or Sandwoman transports you to the dream you were supposed to be taken to. If you start dreaming in the outer space of the dream universe before you enter the dream, you are immediately awakened back into reality."

:ec_lilly: "Why?"

:ec_arthurius: "I think it is for your safety and the safety of the sandmen and women that tries to transports you smoothly to your dream, and to not ruin the experience of the dream you were about to enter, and to keep our outer space a secret from the dreamers I guess... But then again, this is my first time ever seeing or hearing about someone prematurely dreaming, so maybe you are just very tired and in a very deep sleep to start dreaming early when you did."

>>972936
>We could be in a coma or something.

:ec_lilly: "Wait a minute... what if it is because I'm... IN A COMA!?! AHHHHHHHH!"

:ec_arthurius: "Whoa whoa whoa whoa, no need to jump to conclusions. Like I said, this is the first time I've heard of a dreamer prematurely dreaming before entering a dream world, so it may have happened before to a dreamer and I've never heard about it. Plus, the Sandmen and Sandwomen finished transporting other dreamers to their assigned dreams a few hours ago through their Sand-Eye Airlines. This was a little after Magnolia found you, so it is safe to assume you just fell asleep very recently. It is too early to conclude you are in a coma."

He's right. It is too early to start panicking. But that possibility is still making me nervous. I hope I'm not in a coma.

:ec_arthurius: "What is weirder is that I've also never seen or heard of a sandman or sandwoman dropping a dreamer into the ocean, let alone a dreamer just drifting in the ocean. If a sandman or sandwoman had dropped a dreamer, they would have immediately picked them back up if the dreamer didn't awaken. Mags and I are going to have to go to Sand-Eye Airlines and speak with the owners regarding this incident after we finish our job"

:ec_lilly: "So... ummm... if I'm dreaming, then that means you guys didn't have to switch clothing as I wouldn't die of hypothermia or any sickness."

:ec_arthurius: "Well, let me put it this way, it was a precaution for just in case you weren't a dreamer for some reason. That, and well... ummm... *ahem* lets just say that water, and feeling wet in dreams do not mix well for someone who is sleeping in reality, if you know what I mean, so it was important for you to be as dry as possible before you started dreaming in the dream world"

Oh... OH! EWWWW!!! ok point taken! I am changing the subject quickly!
>>
No. 973014 ID: e51896
File 159550394065.png - (455.52KB , 1280x720 , EC00037.png )
973014

>>972898
>I noticed there is a notebook paper covering that plaque next to this room. I assume this wasn't always a guest bedroom?

:ec_lilly: "I noticed there is a notebook paper covering that plaque next to this room. I assume this wasn't always a guest bedroom?"

Arthurius looks down at his feet.

:ec_arthurius: "...yeah. It used to belong to my best friend Walter. We were buddies back when we were training to be nightmare bounty hunters and both had a dream to become legendary by becoming S ranked bounty hunters. However, we haven't really been doing too well as we haven't really been able to improve our rank and been having trouble keeping up with our quotas for our budget. A lot of arguments broke out as a result and after a particularly bad mission we failed in, and one final argument, he got fed up, tore up the picture you probably saw in the room and just quit the team. I am hoping he will return which is why I haven't changed the name plaque yet and just used notebook paper, and still kept what is left of the picture... but seeing as Mags already finished repainting the room from blue to grey, and seeing you use the guest room, I should probably just him go and learn to move on. Sniffles misses him too. Walter was always one of Sniffle's favorite people and still tends to enter his room for his scent or to try to find him."

I think I brought up a touchy subject. I decide to change the subject again.
>>
No. 973015 ID: e51896
File 159550400226.png - (756.89KB , 1280x720 , EC00038.png )
973015

>>972765

>Point out the lip movement thing. Does he notice the same phenomenon when you talk?

:ec_lilly: "So, ummm... what is with your lip movements while you speak. It doesn't look like what your are saying matches with what your lips or saying"?

:ec_arthurius: "OH! that is because of my antennas."

He grabs one of his antennas which I thought was one of his ears as he explains.

:ec_arthurius: "These are used to translate and broadcast what I am saying to a language any dreamer from any species can understand as well as helps me understand what you are saying! We even write in a special illusionary language that is multilingual and universal to all dreamers so while it may look like it is written in your language, to another person in another universe, it would be written in their language"

:ec_lilly: "I thought those were ears"

:ec_arthurius: "only the top set are antennas, used to help me understand what dreamers are saying so that we can better help give a dreamer the best experience we can give them. The bottom set are my ears."

Well, he certainly is an interesting species.

:ec_arthurius: "Well, I think it is very close to my meeting, I really should wake Sniffles up and get ready... hmmm... hey, if you want, do you want to come upstairs with me? I can give you a tour of the ship while you can ask me more questions as we walk upstairs, and you can even meet Magnolia, who is the woman who saved you. That is, if you want. Otherwise, you can just wait here until we drop you off at a dream world."

Should I take him up on that offer?
>>
No. 973016 ID: eef726

Sure, lets go up and meet the person who rescued us.
As for a question, what do those nightmareciers he mentioned look like? (I bet it is those bug things we saw in the commercial)
>>
No. 973018 ID: d63ea8

Also, what is Rekindling Day?
They seem to be making a big deal about it on the news.
>>
No. 973019 ID: 2bd15b

Alright, my concerns about other people being here are satisfied. From the look of things, we are just a visitor to this world, but it still feels a little bit concerned about our arrival because it doesn't seem like a natural process like for the rest of the visitors to this world. I think that our main consumption should be to find out why were we in the water in the firsts place. Secondly nightmare bounty hunters? What?! From our world, nightmares are just the byproduct of our thoughts in our sub-conscience while we sleep, they are created from fear that we have, concerns that we didn't resolve, or any other factors. But in this world nightmares are more of an invading force that they have bounty hunters to combat them. So does that mean that you are not allowed to be sad or scared here, is that how the nightmare invade this world and is that why this whole wold functions like a giant carnival? Why speculate when we can simply ask, what is allowed to do here and what is against the law of this land? And most importantly if we die here do we die in real life?
>>
No. 973121 ID: 61e70f

Huh. Their antennas are like the ultimate babelfish. Neat!

Yeah let’s go meet the guy who saved us.
>>
No. 973197 ID: 094652

"So, what's the purpose of making various sentient beings throughout the universe have... good dreams? What is Morpheus' exact definition of a good dream? Are there laws against influencing people through their dreams, even if it's meant for a constructive purpose? What's the difficulty level for the dreams of the mentally-ill? Do you record all our data? Is 'Morpheus' the multiverse-approximate pronunciation or did that just come from my head? Has anyone tried to analyze your god or his motives? Is your sister single-"
>>
No. 973206 ID: 2bd15b

>>973197

Is your sister single ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You sly dog I see what you did there. It appears that some people intend to make this a wet dream, but you are aiming really low my friend. Why stop at one, let's keep going further until we place Lilly in the middle of a fluffy sandwich!
>>
No. 973209 ID: ce39da

"Ah, sorry for bringing up bad memories, though you didn't have to spill your whole life-story if you didn't want to; I'd have understood if you said you weren't comfortable talking about it."

Okay, I'm going to assume that Walter ripping himself out of a photo and leaving the rest behind is some symbolic gesture that makes more sense in this dreamland.

Let's take the tour.

>>973197
Ooh, these are good - maybe also throw in: "Is it known why the Nightmareciers are invading? Has a Nightmarecier ever accidentally given a masochist or someone from a universe with wholly different definitions of 'nightmare' a good dream?"
>>
No. 973514 ID: e51896
File 159610995713.gif - (5.23MB , 1280x720 , EC_00039.gif )
973514

>>973016
>Sure, lets go up and meet the person who rescued us.

>>973121
>Yeah let’s go meet the guy who saved us.

>>973209
>"Ah, sorry for bringing up bad memories, though you didn't have to spill your whole life-story if you didn't want to; I'd have understood if you said you weren't comfortable talking about it."

>Okay, I'm going to assume that Walter ripping himself out of a photo and leaving the rest behind is some symbolic gesture that makes more sense in this dreamland.

>Let's take the tour.


:ec_lilly: “Well…. Sure, why not? I’ll take you up on that tour and meet my rescuer to pass the time… and uhh… sorry to bring up bad memories about your friend, though you didn't have to spill your whole life-story if you didn't want to; I'd have understood if you said you weren't comfortable talking about it.”
:ec_arthurius: “No, no. Don’t go worrying about apologizing about that. It’s more my fault since I was just venting. But really, a leader like me shouldn’t be doing that. Anyway, I’ll head inside and get Sniffles. Go ahead and wait for me out in the halls.”

I go out into the hallway while Arthurius goes inside the room I was in. I take a look around my surroundings

I can see two sets of doors on the right wall labeled “Henry” and “Guest”. There is a large desert cactus next to Henry’s room… Maybe it is the late Chuck the Cactus’ mother. I’m not sure how to explain to her that her only son just got unceremoniously ate by a strange annoying tapir and how I played a small part in unintentionally getting it eaten, so I’ll just stay silent about it.
The left wall has two more doors, one labeled “Magnolia” and one labeled “Guest”. Magnolia’s door is still open, despite Arthurius hypocritically mentioning about how she forgets to close doors earlier… oh look! A framed picture of Sniffles is also next to Magnolia’s door!
At the end of the hall, there is another door with a plaque I can’t really read from this far away, and there seems to be another hall leading left and right from that door. There is also a manhole in front of the door.

In front of me is Arthurius’ room.

To my right is a staircase, and what looks to be a circuit breaker box.

:ec_arthurius: “Wakey, wakey, Sniffles. Mags is looking for you!”
:ec_sniff: “Squeeeeek!”
:ec_arthurius: “Hey now, it’s not my fault you ruined your appetite by eating something you shouldn’t have. Don’t make me carr-OW! Okay, I guess you still have an appetite. Bad tapir! Don’t be biting my hand. Let’s go, there are plenty of things you can eat when we start our mission.”

Arthurius is a pretty nice guy, but he tends to ramble a bit too much and talks to himself at times...

I start thinking about questions I should ask him.

>>973018
> what is Rekindling Day? They seem to be making a big deal about it on the news.

Hmm… should I ask about Rekindling Day? I feel like the answer I get from Arthurius will most likely be most of the same information I got from the news. I’ll probably save that question and ask for more details later when I have more time.

>>973019
> I think that our main consumption should be to find out why were we in the water in the first place.
Figuring out how I ended up in the ocean seems like a decent enough goal to pursue, though I do not think asking Arthurius for further details as to how I ended up there won’t give more answers, he seems just as confused as I am.

My thought process is interrupted by Arthurius coming out of the door with little Sniffles. Sniffles is already running up the stairs upon exiting.

:ec_arthurius: “Ready?”
:ec_lilly: “Lead the way!”
:ec_arthurius: “Can’t, Sniffles is already in front of us.”
:ec_lilly: “Oh, shut it with the dad jokes, dude.”
:ec_arthurius: “I wasn’t joking?”
:ec_lilly: “Um… never mind, sorry. Let me ask some questions before we head up”
:ec_arthurius: “Ok.”
>>
No. 973515 ID: e51896
File 159611002902.png - (0.99MB , 1280x720 , ec_00040.png )
973515

>>973016
>>973019
>>973197
>>973209

:ec_lilly: “So, what's the purpose of making various sentient beings throughout the universe have... good dreams?”
:ec_arthurius: “Morpheus is an empathetic god who understands from firsthand experience the stress people face in the waking world. He wishes to give dreamers sweet dreams to give them a break, and help them recharge to face another day.”
:ec_lilly: “What is Morpheus' exact definition of a good dream?”
:ec_arthurius: : “In short, it’s one where someone feels euphoric or peaceful during sleep, or gain inspiration when they awaken. As long as it doesn’t leave someone stressed or frightened.”
:ec_lilly: “Are there laws against influencing people through their dreams, even if it's meant for a constructive purpose?”
:ec_arthurius: “The dreams we create we try to keep open-ended. It’s up to the dreamer to determine how a dream will influence them and what they’ll learn from it.”

We proceed to head up the stairs.

:ec_arthurius: “However, it’s the sandman species job to read a dreamer and determine from their experience which dream or nightmare world they’ll take them into to help tell dreamers something about themselves. I guess that’s as close as influencing people dreams can get.”

We stop again after climbing the first set of stairs.

:ec_lilly: “What's the difficulty level for the dreams of the mentally-ill?”
:ec_arthurius: “I am not sure I understand what you mean by difficulty level. Sorry. But yeah, mentally ill people do have dreams and nightmares just the same.”
:ec_lilly: “Do you record all our data?”
:ec_arthurius: “I can’t think why we would do that. I don’t think there is anything to gain or any purpose as to why we would record a dreamer’s data, especially since there are too many dreamers that come here to keep track of. At most we study how our dreams effect a dreamer to help make our worlds more pleasant for them but that’s it.”
:ec_lilly: “Is 'Morpheus' the multiverse-approximate pronunciation or did that just come from my head?”
:ec_arthurius: “It came from your head. Other dreamers from other universes has their own pronunciation of the name of our god of dreams based off of mythologies they may have learned”
:ec_lilly: “Has anyone tried to analyze your god or his motives?
:ec_arthurius: “I can recommend you some books on that, though I do not think you’ll be able to finish reading them before you wake up.”

We continue towards the second flight of stairs.

:ec_lilly: “what is allowed to do here and what is against the law of this land?”
:ec_arthurius: “I’d say pretty much just follow the laws you had in your own world and you’ll be fine if you’re worried about laws.”
:ec_lilly: ”if we die here do we die in real life?”
:ec_arthurius: ”I don’t think so. You just wake up if you die in a dream, unless you have a nightmare so scary it gives you a heart attack or something, but I’ve never heard of that happening.”
:ec_lilly: “Is your sister single?”
:ec_arthurius: ”Yes… wait, what?!?”
We stop in the middle of the flight of stairs after Arthurius heard my question.
:ec_lilly: “Hee hee hee, got you during the lightning round of questioning!”
I mainly asked that question to see his reaction. He did not disappoint. We continue up the stairs.
:ec_arthurius: “Honestly, I’ve never seen Magnolia attracted to anyone… then again, I don’t think I would know for sure if she was attracted to someone or not in the first place. It is pretty difficult to get a read on her and figure out her emotions.
>>
No. 973517 ID: e51896
File 159611018727.png - (0.95MB , 1280x720 , ec_00041.png )
973517

We’ve reached the top of the stairs and stop at a new hallway. To my left are two doors labeled “bathroom” and “Lab”. To my right are two doors labeled “Utility” and “Infirmary”. Past those doors is a hallway leading left and right, and past that hallways leads to a door at the end along with what looks like two rooms. Sniffles is over there looking towards the room on the right.
:ec_lilly: “Is it known why the Nightmareciers are invading?”
:ec_arthurius: “We’re not entirely sure, but one theory is that ever since Dreamciers and Nightmareciers signed a peace treaty ages ago to end a war for territory, peace allowed both species to create tons of dreamworlds and nightmareworlds on our respective territories to the point where the it became overrun with unoriginal worlds, overcrowding the territory with flowers. Creating new original worlds without unintentionally copying another word got too difficult thus giving both species no place to create new worlds. Finding a position to help create things for another dreamworld or nightmareworld’s creator got to be pretty difficult too as there were too many applicants. Because of this, some rogue Nightmarciers had decided to invade our dream worlds and try to add their own unauthorized nightmare creations to show dreamers."
"That, and there are just some Nightmareciers that see themselves as vigilante heroes that want to rule over a dreamworld and turn it into a nightmareworld."

:ec_lilly: “Has a Nightmarecier ever accidentally given a masochist or someone from a universe with wholly different definitions of 'nightmare' a good dream?"
:ec_arthurius: “Yes. Like I said, dreams and nightmares are subjective, so someone’s nightmare can be someone else’s sweet dream. No one is perfect at creating a dream or nightmare to work as intended for everyone. We can only try our best to make sure our dreams are good for as many dreamers as possible.”

We start moving forwards

:ec_lilly: “What do those Nightmareciers you mentioned look like?”
:ec_arthurius: “They look like us Dreamcians, except with hollow eyes with floating pupils inside, they’re darker in color, and instead of their antennae and ears being pointed and thick, they’re thin and have a rounded end at the tip
:ec_lilly: Ah, just like that Bigtopolis commercial I saw
:ec_arthurius: I’ve been to that dreamworld before during one of my vacations. Some of the nightmareciers were even hired to create the roller coasters there for that dream.
:ec_lilly: Nighmareciers can work in a dream world?
:ec_arthurius: Yep, as long as the dream still stays relatively good for our dreamers”
>>
No. 973521 ID: e51896
File 159611060133.png - (1.16MB , 1280x720 , ec_00042.png )
973521

After we reach the end, we take a right into what looks to be a kitchen and dining room. On the dining room table sits a very relaxed looking dreamcier resting her head and arms on the table. She is wearing a green coat with the team logo on the back and wearing blue gloves which kind of looks like something scientists would wear.
:ec_arthurius: Hi Mags, I found Sniffles, so we can begin the meeting soon
:ec_magnolia: “…Okay… Welcome back, Sniffles.”
:ec_sniff: ”Squeak squeak!”
:ec_arthurius: “Did Henry come back from his secret mission yet?”
“…Nuh-uh…”
:ec_arthurius: “Shoot. Well, I guess that means we’ll have to choose an easier mission when we look at the list of bounties then. The money he gets from his mission better be worth it.”
:ec_magnolia: “…Mmm-hmm…”

Magnolia seems to be a woman with a few words, but looks and sounds very relaxed too.

:ec_arthurius: Oh, I should introduce you to the person we rescued!
:ec_magnolia: “...hmm, you’re awake… Uhh... My naaaaaame is Magnolia, but my friends call me Mags...”
:ec_lilly: Hi Mags. My name is Lilly, but my friends call me Lil’. Thanks for saving me.
:ec_magnolia: “...Hi Lilly…Umm… I’m glad that you’rrrrrrre still asleep so you can experience a dream after all...”
:ec_lilly: ”Me too!”
:ec_magnolia:”…”
:ec_lilly: ”…”
:ec_magnolia: ”…”
:ec_lilly: ”…”
:ec_magnolia: ”…”

I can see what Arthurius meant when he said she is a hard person to read. She seems to be an opposite of Arthurius. While he talks a lot, she seems to talk very little, and draws out some of her words like as if she is trying to think about what to say next as she draws out a word.

What should I say to her?
>>
No. 973525 ID: 2bd15b

Hmm, a nightmare that can give you a heart attack, that can probably happen. But what certainly happens in our world is people dying in their sleep, what happens to the person who experiences that, where do they go do they stay here or what. This is just my stupid observation noting important to ask. As for Mags, she seems tired even if her job involves working with dreams, that is strange. Ask about her vibe.
>>
No. 973534 ID: ce39da

"So... Will I just be dropped off at whatever dream you guys take a job at, or...?"

Meanwhile: "By the way, Arthurius, why you did technically answer my question about the Nightmareciers, I guess my real question was; 'why nightmares?'"
>>
No. 973535 ID: 5f4030

Well you could always start with the basics first, "Hi, my name is Lilly."
>>
No. 973591 ID: 0bc2ca

Try talking to her about something she might be interested in. Arthurius said she would be worried about Sniffles if it wasnt in their meeting, so talk to Magnolia about Sniffles.
>>
No. 973594 ID: 5f4030

>>973535
Oh you already said hello. Ask her what she does for the crew.
>>
No. 973658 ID: d63ea8

What does Mags exactly mean by 'experiencing a dream?'
>>
No. 974573 ID: e51896
File 159761605225.png - (0.96MB , 1280x720 , ec_00043.png )
974573

>>973525
>As for Mags, she seems tired even if her job involves working with dreams, that is strange. Ask about her vibe.

:ec_lilly: : “So… How’s your vibe?”

Magnolia quietly gives me a thumbs up.

:ec_lilly: : “Oh, ok… I only asked because you look kind of tired.”

:ec_magnolia: : “Nuh-uh… don’t worry. If I was tired, I would be laaaaaaaying on the comfy couch.”

She points at the couch in the room behind me across from the dining room kitchen. It seems to be a living room with things you would expect a living room would contain such as a couple of couches, tables, a laptop, a television, some pictures and a poster on the wall, and a window presenting a reminder of the weird situation and place I am in.

Arthurius is in the living room staring at the illuminous glow of the television. Through the window of the television screen presents the glow of what appears to be a paused old video game with outdated pixelated graphics… or maybe a new indie game masterpiece of some sort.

>>973525
>what certainly happens in our world is people dying in their sleep, what happens to the person who experiences that, where do they go do they stay here or what.

I decide to get Arthurius’ attention away from the television.

:ec_lilly: : “Hey Arthurius, if someone were to die in their sleep then, will that mean they’d stay in this dream world, or…”

Arthurius turns his attention away from the television a little after I stop talking.

:ec_arthurius: : “Wha? Oh sorry, I wasn’t listening, something about dying in your sleep means you being stuck here, you said? Well, people who die may have one final dying dream to help their brain sort things out and come to terms over what happened to make sense of things or give them a fitting closure to their life before finally passing and fading away.”

He turns off the game console and television as he said “passing and fading away”.

>>973534
>By the way, Arthurius, while you did technically answer my question about the Nightmareciers, I guess my real question was; 'why nightmares?'"

I decide to ask more about Nightmarecier to turn my attention away from existential dread.

:ec_lilly: : “So… why are Nightmareciers creating nightmares in the first place? I know Dreamciers are trying to give dreamers an escape from the stresses of reality, but why nightmares?”

:ec_arthurius: :”I’m not exactly sure. I think I heard once that they want to help people through their realities with the nightmares they want to show dreamers, but… I don’t know about that, after some time working as a nightmare bounty hunter, some of their nightmare creations I witness them create can seem a bit too traumatizing to make me think otherwise…”
>>
No. 974575 ID: e51896
File 159761621944.png - (1.24MB , 1280x720 , ec_00044.png )
974575

:ec_sniff: : “Squeeeeeeak.”

Our conversation ended by my attention being turned over to the cry of Sniffles squealing. Sniffles has its front legs on the chair Magnolia is sitting in, and in response, Magnolia picks Sniffles up and embraces it tightly in her arms.

>>973594
>Ask her what she does for the crew.

:ec_lilly: :Hey Magnolia?

She silently turns her head towards me.

:ec_lilly: : “What is your position as a member of the Midnight Captors.”

:ec_magnolia: : “I hunt dream invaders… aaaaannnnd… I create stuff… dream stuff.”

:ec_lilly: : “Dream stuff?”

:ec_magnolia: : “Yeah, dream maaaaaaaaterials, living creatures, and uhhhh… yeah. I Invent things to help the team.”

>>973591
>Try talking to her about something she might be interested in. Arthurius said she would be worried about Sniffles if it wasnt in their meeting, so talk to Magnolia about Sniffles.
:ec_lilly: : “Can you tell me a bit about Sniffles? You seem to like that Tapir a lot.”

:ec_magnolia: :Yeah! Sniffles! Sniffles is my reeeeccccccccent creation and my masterpiece, created with my blood aaaaaaannnnnd…………



:ec_lilly: : “…Sweat and tears?”

She shakes her head in disagreement

:ec_magnolia: : “Just my blood injected into an illusionary seeeeeeeed and molded into Sniffles as it grew.

:ec_sniff: : “Squeak.”

:ec_lilly: : Illusionary seed?

:ec_magnolia: : “Yeah. Seeds that are haaaaaaaarvested from King Laurent’s kingdom.”

:ec_arthurius: “Speaking of which, Mags, when are you drawing your blood again to prepare invent more things to help us?”

:ec_magnolia: : “Dunno… maybe a weeeeeeeeek after Henry returns…

:ec_arthurius: “Okay, I’ll keep that in mind so I know when you’ll be taking a break from hunting.”

:ec_magnolia: : “Mmm-hmm…”
>>
No. 974576 ID: e51896
File 159761631476.png - (1.04MB , 1280x720 , ec_00045.png )
974576

:ec_arthurius: “Anyway, I think that is enough questioning, I finished last minute cleaning our living room, so now it is time for our daily meeting, Mags.”

Magnolia nods her head and heads towards the door labeled “Pilot Room” with Arthurius. Though I still have some lingering concerns.

>>973658
What does Mags exactly mean by 'experiencing a dream?'

I stop them in their tracks with my question.

:ec_lilly: : Wait Magnolia, what did you mean by ‘experiencing a dream’?

:ec_magnolia: : “well, you’re asleep, right? So yoooouuu’re going to be dreaming in a dream world later. [color]

>>973534
>"So... Will I just be dropped off at whatever dream you guys take a job at, or...?"

:ec_lilly: :[color=#908f13] "So... I take it I will I just be dropped off at whatever dream you guys take a job at then, or...?"


:ec_arthurius: “That was the plan, yeah. Granted, it most likely won’t be a dreamworld a sandman intended you to visit, but it is a dream nonetheless.”

:ec_lilly: : "Oh…"

I look down at my feet lost in thought. Well, I guess that is that then? I mean, am relieved that I am actually asleep and will be dreaming soon… but… I can’t help be feel a sense of… disappointment, or a feeling like things haven’t been cleared up for me, like there’s lots of things missing. I keep thinking of some unanswered mysteries such as how did I end up in the ocean in the middle of this universe’s outer space? And how is my consciousness in the dream universe awaken in this universe’s outer space instead of one of the dream worlds when that isn’t supposed to happen? And there are many things about how their universe and their world works that I still intrigued about…
but it seems like It isn’t going to matter if I am just going to be dreaming like normal until I wake up again back in reality, probably forgetting this whole experience like it didn’t matter, right?

I look back up at Magnolia and Arthurius and notice that Magnolia was still staring at me, but as soon as our eyes met, Magnolia looks over at Arthurius.

:ec_magnolia: : Arth?

:ec_arthurius: : Hm? What is it, Mags?

:ec_magnolia: : ummmm… What if Lilly joined us as a temmmmmmmporary member of Midnight Captors?

:ec_arthurius: : Huh? What are you talking about, Mags?

:ec_magnolia: : Well… Since Henry iiiiiiiiisn’t here, I figured Lilly can briefly join us until she awakens…

:ec_arthurius: : Hmm… I don’t know… I mean, while having a dreamer as a nightmare bounty hunter has happened before and normal even if it’s a rare sight, and while there isn’t anything in the laws or the rules that forbids dreamers to help as a member of a team of bounty hunters… it is still our responsibility to make sure dreamers have the most pleasant experience during their visit in the dream worlds. Having Lilly hunt down a nightmare with us might risk causing her to awaken from experiencing a terrifying nightmare

:ec_magnolia: : hmmm… yeah. But if we catch the nightmare, woooooooouldn’t it be a rewarding pleasant experience of a dream about conquering over a nightmarecier and their creations.

:ec_arthurius: : I suppose…

:ec_magnolia: : Plus, we were planning on doooooooooing an easy mission anyway today, yeah?

:ec_arthurius: : True…

:ec_magnolia: : Lilly doesn’t have to physically be there if you’re too concerned, she could use my dream invention, a tiny remote controooooooolled robot to guide us if she wants.

:ec_arthurius: : hmmm… we don’t use that thing often… but she still needs to be a certain distance to still be wirelessly connected to it, right?

:ec_magnolia: : Yeah, but the distance shoooooooould be relatively far enough to keep her at a safe enough distance.

:ec_arthurius: : I see…

:ec_magnolia: : And we can even let her deciiiiiiiiiiide which dream to visit and what nightmarecier she wants to hunt.

:ec_arthurius: : Well… I suppose at the end of the day, it is Lilly’s decision of what she wants to do, right?

He looks over at me.

:ec_arthurius: : So, what is it do you want to do, Lilly? Do you want your dream to be about hunting a nightmarcier that invaded a dream? Or would you prefer it if we just dropped you off at a dream world we choose?

Well, this was unexpected. Me being a member of a group of bounty hunters as a dream. Is that what I want to do?
While I may look cute, I’m certainly not defenseless. I’ve actually took some self-defense classes that my father had me attend, so from training I know some moves to defend myself. Plus, Magnolia said she would let me control a small robot of some sort to keep me safe from nightmares if I wanted to use one. This could also be a good opportunity to return the favor to them for saving me from the ocean, and maybe even learn some things about this universe better and perhaps solve some mysteries as to my strange arrival here if I’m lucky. And the worst that can happen to me is just only waking up from my dream if things get dire, right?

Though I also have to consider that I may experiencing a nightmare could be very scary, enough to have me wake up even if I am safe from getting hurt or death. And there are still some risks even if Magnolia and Arthurius is trained bounty hunters and can protect me from such things if I can’t.

They are waiting patiently by the door for my decision, though I don’t want to keep them waiting much longer. It all depends on what I want to dream about…

Do I want to dream about being a bounty hunter with Arthurius and Magnolia,
or should I let Arthurius and Magnolia drop me off at whatever dream world they will choose to be hunting in?
>>
No. 974596 ID: 2bd15b

Well to answer this question you have to ask yourself first this thing. How do you feel about these two people? If they look like competent people that know what they are doing, by all means, join them in this easy mansion. But I am getting a strange feeling from Arthurius that he is indifferent to our existence, always needing to be solvers else and doing other minor things while we are talking to him. I think that he would rather not deal with us and see us as more as a burden. As for Magnolia, she seems like a person who is physically here but her thoughts are far away in the cosmos, from here I am getting a sense of a free spirit to a detrimental level. Honestly, all of this is just speculations and I am not sure how they work on tier job, maybe I am wrong about everything. But this is what I am getting from a short observation of tier interactions.
>>
No. 974597 ID: 2bd15b

>>974596
*their interactions.
>>
No. 974606 ID: ce39da

“I mean, whatever world you drop me in is gonna have a nightmare running around in it either way, at least to start with, and you actually admitted that you don’t have the best track record earlier. I kinda get the feeling that my dream will actually go smoother if I actively help you. I gotta warn you, though, I’m pretty bad at lucid dreaming; I’ll let you decide if that means I should stick to the drone.”
>>
No. 974614 ID: b1b4f3

HUNT!
>>
No. 974659 ID: d63ea8

This seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity, best not to pass it up.
>>
No. 975606 ID: e51896
File 159919531088.png - (1.24MB , 1280x720 , ec_00046.png )
975606

>>974596

Hmmm... me working as a temporary bounty hunter with Arthurius and Magnolia. My initial thoughts on these two is that they do seem to have their flaws. I wouldn't view them as professionals, probably the average types at most based off of their behaviors... but I can't just judge a book by how they act, I have yet to see how they perform when on duty.

>>974659
>>974614

But in the end, I figured that since this is an opportunity that doesn't happen often, and considering that this is a dream where I'll just wake up from if anything bad does happen, I might as well make the most of this dream and go on their little adventure. After all, they took the time to fish me out of the ocean, so it seems fair to return the favor.


>>974606

:ec_lilly: : “I mean, whatever world you drop me in is gonna have a nightmare running around in it either way, at least to start with, and you actually admitted that you don’t have the best track record earlier. I kinda get the feeling that my dream will actually go smoother if I actively help you. I gotta warn you, though, I’m pretty bad at lucid dreaming; I’ll let you decide if that means I should stick to the drone.”


Arthurius smiles and opens the door.


:ec_arthurius: : “Fine by me. Let’s all go into the pilot's room then and get the meeting started then.”

:ec_lilly: : “I think You mean "The Bridge"?”

:ec_arthurius: : “Is that's what it is called? huh... well shoot, I guess we gotta change the plaque next to the door to read "Bridge" then, Magnolia.”

:ec_magnolia: : “Nuh-uh.”

:ec_arthurius: : “Fine, I'll just cover it with notebook paper to make it say "The Bridge" later then.”

:ec_magnolia: : “I'm stiiiiiiill gonna call it the "Pilot's Room" regardless.”

:ec_lilly: : “Me too.”

:ec_arthurius: : “......... Never mind. Lets just enter the bri- the "Pilot's Room".”


Arthurius leads Magnolia, Sniffles, and me into “The Bridge” “The Pilot's Room". Not long am I greeted by an audience of empty swivel chairs, two rows of three, bolted into the hard floor, as if they were plants growing out of the ground. Each one is inviting me to sit on them and relax my legs from walking and climbing those stairs earlier. Every chair is also accompanied by a computer on a control panel, each serving as a gear to help make the entire ship function in some way, yet seems complicated to someone with an average intelligence like me to understand. The view of the ocean outside the window is quite nice too.

Magnolia, still embracing Sniffles within the safety of her arms, makes her way towards the chair near the corner of the room and sets Sniffles on the floor, and proceeds to stand there and stare at Arthurius in expectation. Arthurius follows suit by making his way towards the middle chair in front of the window.

After a quick cough to clear his throat, Arthurius proceeds to lead us in stretching exercises to get our muscles loosen for our adventure, and then proceeds with the meeting.


:ec_arthurius: : "First off, I'd like to welcome our newest member who will be joining us on our hunt temporarily today."

:ec_lilly: : "Hee hee, thanks, even though we already introduced each other."

:ec_arthurius: : "Indeed, but now the introduction is official. Mags, Sniffles, please treat Lilly well during this mission. We’ll need to do our part to teach Lilly everything we know about bounty hunting.”
“Anyway, So I've been calculating our upcoming quota for this week and the budget we have to cover for this month's bill, and unfortunately, we are running a little behind from last week's earnings. I am mostly banking on Henry's secret mission to help us reach our quota especially since he has been gone on that mission for a few days, but it is best to not take chances and work extra hard to succeed in our missions this week. Otherwise, we will just have to work during our days off"


:ec_magnolia: : *whispers* “Hear that Sniffles? do your beeeeeeest, and we can go play at your favorite park on our day off!”

:ec_sniff: : "Squeak."

:ec_arthurius: :"With that in mind, I'm not worried because we have Lilly who will be replacing Henry for today. But since she is new, we will still have to do an easier less dangerous mission than what we usually do. After I select missions that look like we can handle easily, we'll let Lilly decide which mission she is most comfortable in participating in as Magnolia suggested. That is all from me. Magnolia, do you have anything to add?"

:ec_magnolia: : "No new inventions today. I'm stiiiiiiiiill working on the grappling guns..."

:ec_arthurius: : "I see. How is that going?"

:ec_magnolia: : "I neeeeeeeeed to draw some more blood"

:ec_lilly: : "Can't you just buy some?"

:ec_magnolia: : "Expensive...”


It is still weird to me how Dreamciers uses their blood to create dreams and objects, and even living things like Sniffles.


:ec_arthurius: : “Alrighty, if there is no other questions, we can proceed to select our mission for today.”


Magnolia takes a seat on her chair with Sniffles jumping on her lap again. Arthurius goes over to the middle chair next to Magnolia and beckons me to sit over to the other free seat that is next to him and directs my attention to the computer in front of me.
>>
No. 975607 ID: e51896
File 159919532690.png - (476.32KB , 1280x720 , ec_00047.png )
975607

The computer in front of me seems to be a radar system of some kind for a brief moment, but then it switches into a desktop you would see on any ordinary computer. Suddenly I see the mouse cursor on the screen move on its own and I realize that Arthurius has it on a screenshare as he is operating on the computer next to me. He opens up a browser and we enter a website called “Bounty Corral”. Arthurius navigates to a page which has a list of bounties near the area we are located at.

After a tiny bit of scrolling down the list, we immediately stop on the first person on our list. Pictured is a nightmarecier woman dressed in a purple trench coat and… a fedora? I begin to realize that Dreamciers in this dream universe like Arthurius and the woman pictured might have weird tastes in fashion.


:ec_arthurius: : “Hmmm… Mitzy “The Nightmare Architect”… Her crime seems to be only vandalism and making unauthorized sand sculptures. This might mean that she won’t have any nightmare creatures or nightmare weapons to try to scare you awake, Lilly, so you might not need to use the robot. The dream she is causing trouble in looks to be the Golden Suncup Plant, which is mainly a desert known for its ancient temples, and more recently, the giant sand sculptures along the road. The reward money looks like a pretty good deal at 5,000 considering the job.”

:ec_magnolia: : “Kyle Daum iiiiiiiiiis the client?”


Magnolia spins her seat over to look at us.


:ec_arthurius: : “Looks like it. You know him?”

:ec_magnolia: : “He’s one of my biggest inspirations and heroes… a massssssssssssterful dream architect.”

:ec_arthurius: : “Well, seems like the client is a celebrity. I’m surprised no other bounty hunters took on his request yet…”

:ec_magnolia: : “imagine that… Kyle Daum… as ooooooooooooour client… hey… Let’s do this mission Arth.”

:ec_arthurius: : “Now hold on Mags, weren’t you the one who suggested that Lilly would be the one to choose the mission we would be going on?”

:ec_magnolia: : “…

Mmhmm.”



Magnolia spins her chair back to face towards the computer screen.


:ec_arthurius: : “Sorry Mags. Tell you what, Let’s go get some frozen treats tonight after the mission to make it up to you, ok? I’ll pay.”

:ec_magnolia: : “Yum.”
>>
No. 975609 ID: e51896
File 159919544371.png - (486.08KB , 1280x720 , ec_00048.png )
975609

We scroll down the list and come to a stop on another nightmarecier. Wow, this guy looks a bit weird and scary with his large sharp teeth… it would really suck if he’d accidentally bit his tongue. With his leather jacket, he kind of looks like the ol’ bully or tough guy stereotype I would see in old cartoons and tv shows. What are they called? Greasers? No, his hair would be greased up if he was. I wonder if he listens to rockabilly… Wait, is that a bird in his hair?

:ec_arthurius: : “Jawshua “Land Shark”… odd name. The reward money looks nice at 7,500. It looks like he is responsible for letting some of his nightmare animals into Tweet Tweet Forest Preserve. Since he has nightmare creatures, you’ll have to be careful with this mission. I might need to suggest using the robot for this one depending on the creatures he has made…”
“Wait, I actually know that place! Plant Daffodil, a dream known for its forests and beautiful environments. that is where Damian, one of my classmates back in college lives at too! Oh man, I have fond memories visiting his place during the summer vacations and just going camping at the Tweet Tweet Forest Preserve with him and some other buds in college. I wonder if he still lives there.”


:ec_magnolia: : “…Ummmmmm… Lilly is chooooooooosing.”

:ec_arthurius: : “…Right-o. But Ugh, it is so heartbreaking to know that some criminal is messing with the natural habitat of the forest preserve I’ve been to by letting his own creatures invade the place to run amok in...
>>
No. 975610 ID: e51896
File 159919547945.png - (454.13KB , 1280x720 , ec_00049.png )
975610

We once again dive deeper downward into the abyss of the list of wanted criminals and stop at a picture of an overly dressed person. Most of this person’s entire skin is just covered with a coat, scarf, sunglasses, knit hat… I can’t even see this person’s face. The only part of him that is revealed is the antennae and ears… Hey wait!


:ec_lilly: : “Arthurius, this guy’s ears does not look the same as the other two nightmareciers we’ve seen. In fact, they look like Mags and your ears”

:ec_arthurius: : “Good catch, Lilly. Not all of our targets are nightmareciers. Sometimes a dreamcier can cause trouble for other dreamciers. In this criminal’s case, Bon Mot Cotton looks like they’re a drug dealer… this person has probably been selling drugs to other dreamciers.

:ec_lilly: :Drugs? That doesn’t sound very pleasant for a Dreamcier to be doing.

:ec_arthurius: :Not all pleasant good dreams are considered morally right. There are some dreamers out there that have an addiction to drugs and enjoy taking them to the point where they even have sweet dreams about them, so they are not considered nightmares. Thankfully those dream drugs don’t directly affect dreamers in real life since it is a dream, but if other Dreamciers or nightmareciers were to take them, they would suffer side effects, so it is our job to make sure no drug dealings are taking place and ruining the lives of other dreamciers

:ec_lilly: :huh… considering the reward money for capturing a vandalizer was 5,000, Bon Mot Cotton’s reward money is much lower at 2,500

:ec_arthurius: : “Hmmm… I see. Doing this mission might require Mags, Henry, and I to work during our day off to reach our quota. Anyway, the reward money could possibly be low because Bon Mot isn’t as much of a threat, or because the client, Herman Ordway, may have miscalculated how much catching a drug dealer is supposed to cost. But in that case, we have the option to haggle a price through negotiation and see if we can get the reward money higher. We’ll have to be careful if we do that though as Herman could fire us off the mission, or make the reward money go even lower.”
“In any case, since Bon Mot Cotton cannot create nightmares as a dreamcier, they shouldn’t be able to wake you up easily, Lilly, so if you’re looking for the safest option without having to use a robot, we can do this mission despite the low reward money. It looks like he is in Plant Coneflower, last seen in the Mt. Snhome Cabin. Coneflower is known for its snowy landscapes and perfect for skiing, snowboarding, and other fun snow activities.”

>>
No. 975611 ID: e51896
File 159919550063.png - (481.18KB , 1280x720 , ec_00050.png )
975611

We’re near the bottom of the list now, and stop at another nightmarecier. Instead of this criminal’s picture being a photo, this one looks like an artist’s rendition of the criminal. He has a scar right on his snout, and is wearing what looks to be a green raincoat.


:ec_arthurius: : “Well then, this criminal is somewhat of a mystery… no known name, and only an artist rendition is available. We might need to gather more information on this guy around the area first before we can catch him properly.”
“He was seen in Plant Cattail at Mellow Drift Lake, which according to my phone, is this large popular fishing lake near an old small town. It looks like out of the four criminals we’ve been looking at, this guy might be the most dangerous since he can summon something as complicated as nightmarish rainwater to contaminate the lake and even put his own unauthorized nightmare aquatic creatures in the lake. If he can do those, who knows what else he has up his sleeve. It might be safer to use the robot if you choose this mission, Lilly.”


:ec_sniff: :”SQUEAK! SQUEEEEEEEEEEL!


The noise makes me instinctively turn my chair towards Magnolia and Sniffles to discover Sniffles is moving anxiously on Magnolia’s lap and pawing at her computer screen.


:ec_magnolia: :”Shhhhh. shhhhh…… settle…

:ec_lilly: : ”Whoa! What has gotten into Sniffles?”

:ec_magnolia: : “I thiiiiiiiink Sniffles wants to go to Plant Cattail’s Mellow Drift Lake”

:ec_lilly: : “Hmm… Why’s that? “
:ec_magnolia: : “Tapirs love swimming… And Sniffles loves eaaaaaaaaating nightmares. The perfect combination for Sniffles.”

:ec_arthurius: : “Going there might be perfect for Sniffles, but don’t forget, this is ultimately Lilly’s choice.”


Arthurius scrolls the screen back up away from the mission to stop Sniffles from pawing at the computer screen then turns his chair towards me.


:ec_arthurius: : So, those four I believe might be the best choices for a new bounty hunter helping Mags and I. Out of these recommendations, which one of these dreams do you want to visit and go hunting in, Lilly?


Whelp, looks like it is time to choose. Wow those were some unique looking criminals, and interesting locations. But now I’ve got to decide which of the four I want to visit and go hunting in. There are many things to consider such as the reward money, the types of criminals we will be dealing with, perceived difficulty, the location, and which place Arthurius, Magnolia, and Sniffles would want to visit.

Who should we arrest?


A. Mitzy “The Nightmare Architect” (reward: 5,000, desert, vandalizer, Magnolia’s recommendation)

B. Jawshua “Land Shark” (reward: 7,500, forest preserve, responsible for invasive species entering forest, Arthurius’ recommendation)

C. “Bon Mot Cotton” (reward: 2,500, snowy mountain, drug dealer,)

D. Rain coated nightmarecier (reward: 10,000, fishing town & lake, contamination of lake and responsible for invasive species entering lake, Sniffles’ recommendation)

>>
No. 975616 ID: b1b4f3

>>975611
Let's go for option A. It's a high reward for the difficulty, so it makes sense in general, and the client is famous so we might get some good publicity.
>>
No. 975619 ID: 2bd15b

Personaly I would go for the option C. it is sad that even this fantastic world has the same problem with drug, I don't understand the disproportionate amount for the reward but that probably has to do with the person who is offering the reward in the first place. On the lighter note what was the most dangerous bounty that you went on and did you ever kill anybody, if you did how and why?
>>
No. 975690 ID: 992f4d

A sounds like an interesting place and the client may end up good to know. Go with it.
>>
No. 975729 ID: d63ea8

Go with A.
Your super new to this and you might become more of a liability if the bounty is dangerous.
>>
No. 975737 ID: ce39da

"So, a frustrated artist whose sculptures were presumably underwhelming back home, a breeder that's too enamored with his own creations to stay focused on doing his job, a drug dealer, and... Mr. Mystery. Hmm, what does 'nightmarish rainwater' even mean?"

If they ask you about the not-entirely-unflattering way that you described them: "What? I mean, the Nightmareciers have their own dream-realm on the flipside of here, right? If someone 'needs to' experience a nightmare, they'd get taken there, right? So, that means the Nightmareciers who end up here are the 'problem' cases who couldn't hack it over there. No wonder you couldn't understand their goals if those are all you see of them."

As for our choice:
"... Depends on what sorts of costumes you have that fit me. (Or a quote-unquote 'magic dressing room' you can point me to that can help my imagination along.)"

We'll want a snooty arteest outfit if we head after the architect; really crank up the pretentious ham when presenting "our" "statements on the human condition."
If we go after the bird tamer, we'll do it as a heavy-metal rocker warrior looking for a "wicked awesome" steed to ride. (This is banking on our assumption that the tamer isn't the most elegant of nightmare-crafters (focusing more on metal-as-f*ck beasts than genuinely creepy abominations).)
We'd go to the lake as a Captain Ahab-type fisherperson and posit a challenge that will both ward off the faint of heart and prepare the rest for a challenge to be overcome (perhaps with buried treasure).

"I may not be able to violate reality in a lucid dream, but I can certainly take the piss out of a nightmare's narrative."

My personal vote is for A (a nice balance of risk and reward). Still, we'll do it in person no matter which option we choose - the idea of completely hijacking a nightmare's narrative away from its owner is so tantalizing.
>>
No. 977016 ID: e51896
File 160087440794.png - (476.42KB , 1280x720 , ec_00051.png )
977016

>>975619
>On the lighter note what was the most dangerous bounty that you went on and did you ever kill anybody, if you did how and why?


:ec_lilly: : “Seeing the wanted status of “alive” on these criminals gives me reason to believe that there are also criminals out there that are wanted “dead”...”
:ec_arthurius: :”Well, It all depends on the level of mayhem the criminal’s crime is causing. Y’know, such as mass murders of other civilian dreamciers or nightmareciers, or deadly gangsters or cults trying to perform a massive takeover of a dreamworld, stuff like that for example. Criminal nighmareciers and dreamciers with their powers to create dreams and nightmares to their advantage can get so overwhelming that it gets to a point where sometimes death has to be the only option to stop them unfortunately…”
:ec_lilly: : “I see… well, what was the most dangerous bounty that you went on?”
:ec_arthurius: : “Because of our rank, I tend to lean towards missions where criminals are wanted alive, so a lot of missions I go on isn’t super dangerous. Though there was one mission which required me to stop a nightmarecier who hijacked a train full of dreamers. He wanted to steer the train into a crash to scare them all awake. Said something about wanting to test and see if any of those dreamers were brave enough to stop him or strong willed enough to endure the fear.”
:ec_lilly: : “…whoa…”
:ec_arthurius: : “Yeah. Thank Morpheus there were no other dreamciers or nightmareciers on the train to potentially get killed. With only dreamers on that train If the train had crashed, only the dreamers on the train would have just woken up abruptly in horror. To be honest, I was not proud of that mission, I wasn’t in a good mindset and at a low point in my career when I took that treacherous mission. But hey, I pulled through.”
:ec_magnolia: : “…Barely…”

Arthurius just shrugs at Magnolias comment.

:ec_lilly: : “So I take it you haven’t had to kill anyone then because you’ve been mainly taking the “wanted alive” missions then.”
:ec_arthurius: : “For the most part, yeah. I haven’t killed any criminals yet in my career, but I did have to terminate some of their nightmare organisms that they created.”
“Mags on the other hand has never killed anything before… well, unless you count the kills that her pet tapir Sniffles has achieved. I tell you, when it comes to nightmares, that tapir can eat.”


I am reminded of Chuck the cactus’ slobbery demise under the teeth of Sniffles. R.I.P my dear friend.

:ec_arthurius: : “As for our third member Henry, he has claimed to have killed plenty of criminals in his missions under his previous team of bounty hunters before he joined the Midnight Captors. He has quite a bunch of stories to tell of his exploits.”

We turn our attention back to our respective computer screen. I suppose it is time to make my decision.

>>975729
>Go with A.
>Your super new to this and you might become more of a liability if the bounty is dangerous.
>>975616
>Let's go for option A. It's a high reward for the difficulty, so it makes sense in general, and the client is famous so we might get some good publicity.
>>975690
>A sounds like an interesting place and the client may end up good to know. Go with it.
>>975737
>My personal vote is for A (a nice balance of risk and reward).
>Costumes

:ec_lilly: : "So, a frustrated artist whose sculptures were presumably underwhelming back home, a breeder that's too enamored with his own creations to stay focused on doing his job, a drug dealer, and... Mr. Mystery.”
:ec_arthurius: : “Those seem like the most likely reason, yes. But working as a bounty hunter, I’ll say that I have also seen all sorts of crazy unpredictable reasons as to why these criminals do the things they do.”
I look over at the unknown criminal on the screen
:ec_lilly: : “Hmm, what does 'nightmarish rainwater' even mean?"
Arthurius just shrugs again
:ec_arthurius: : “Beats me, it seems pretty vague to me too. That might be something to ask the client for more details. It could be just a violent thunderstorm, could be acid rain that could melt or dissolve all sorts of materials and hurt living things, or perhaps a certain kind of rainwater that nightmare organisms could thrive on, especially if it is contaminating the lake.”
:ec_lilly: : "Well, as far as what mission I want, I guess my choice depends on what sorts of costumes you have that fit me. (Or a quote-unquote 'magic dressing room' you can point me to that can help my imagination along.)"
:ec_magnolia: : “The dresssssssssssser back in the room you were sleeping in has all sorts of outfits…”
:ec_lilly: : "Really? Great! In that case, I think I want to try to capture Mitzy the Nightmare Architect. The price is good, and the client is a well-known dream creator, so Midnight Captors could get some recognition.”
:ec_magnolia: : “yes!”
:ec_lilly: : “And as far as costumes go, I want a snooty arteest outfit; really crank up the pretentious ham when presenting "our" "statements on the human condition."”
:ec_arthurius: : “umm… okay. That can be arranged. But why?”
:ec_lilly: : “I may not be able to violate reality in a lucid dream, but I can certainly take the piss out of a nightmare's narrative.”
:ec_magnolia: :Makes perfect seeeeeense to me.
:ec_arthurius: : “Alright then. Let me just accept and confirm the mission we are going on…”

Arthurius scrolls back up to Mitzy, checks the box, and accepts the mission…
>>
No. 977017 ID: e51896
File 160087442990.png - (345.04KB , 1280x720 , ec_00052.png )
977017

…and a new page pops up congratulating us on accepting the mission. We are given further information telling us that the client may contact us with further information on the mission along with what I think is the client’s phone number and email address, or at least this universe’s equivalent to phone numbers and email addresses.
>>
No. 977018 ID: e51896
File 160087444682.gif - (2.51MB , 1280x720 , ec_00053.gif )
977018

:ec_arthurius: : “Great, now that we have chosen our mission, I will go ahead and set the auto-pilot’s course to the Golden Suncup plant and wait here for Mr. Daum’s response so we can discuss the mission. Magnolia, can you go and get our supplies, gear, and Lilly’s costume for the mission?”
:ec_magnolia: : “Ummmm… Can I talk tooooooooooo Kyle Daum instead?
:ec_arthurius: : “I can’t allow that. I know you’re going to start fangirling over him, and then faint from nervousness. I want this to be a professional conversation”
:ec_magnolia: : “Mmmm….. guilty. though I still really waaaaaaaaaaant to meet him…”
:ec_arthurius: : “Tell you what, I’ll see if we can arrange a dinner meeting with him in celebration after the mission is over.”
:ec_magnolia: : “Thank you.
:ec_arthurius: : “As for Lilly… hmmm… what do you want to do until we get there? You could stay here and watch how the conversation with my client will go, or maybe you could go with Mags and Sniffles and help her pick up supplies and choose your costume, or perhaps if you want you could wait the living room, we have plenty of entertainment to pass the time. “
“Oh, and it might be best to ask now, do you want to use the robot to spectate and help guide Mags and I at a distance, or do you want to be part of action?”


There will be some time before the mission begins, so I’ll have some time to kill, it is just a matter of how I should spend my time on this ship. And as far as the robot goes, I’m leaning towards just do it in person considering it is just stopping an vandalistic artist… >>975737 and the idea of completely hijacking a nightmare's narrative away from its owner is just so… tantalizing. I’m going to think about it a bit more.

How should I spend my time?
A.Stay in the pilot room with Arthurius and have an interview with Kyle Daum, learn more of our mission and client
B. Go with Magnolia to get the supplies and my costume, try to get to know Magnolia and Sniffles more
C. Wait in the living room, maybe watch tv or something
D. Other

And should I use the drone to guide the Midnight Captors, or not and join in on the action in person?
A. Use the robot
B. Don’t use the robot
>>
No. 977020 ID: ce39da

> How to spend time.
"Um... How will Kyle react to seeing me, do you think? Should he know about my situation?"
Regardless of what Art says, choose B: Help coordinate your costume and get to know the other two.

Oh man, I can see that costume already; black beret, black and white-striped mime-wannabe shirt (with sleeves ripped and tied to be short-sleeved, of course), cargo suspender overalls with lots of pockets for sculpting tools - hell, a shoulder-strapped set of bongos would be icing on the cake; nothing says "comedic punctuation" like a well-timed paddling of a bongo-set after a pausing beat. One of those long cigarette holders or a glass of wine would take the cake, but both would be a bit excessive - we only have two hands, after all. (Sorry if I'm jumping the gun there.)

> Drone fun?
Meanwhile, B: Don't use the robot.
>>
No. 977025 ID: 2bd15b

Oh great have you ever had a bounty hunting mission where the term of "further information" drastically changed the structure of the mission. Like one person was wanted alive and then after "further information" it was asked from you to torture the target or other shit like that? As for Henry, he is the one that concerns me the most. Ask our two kidnapers how they feel about sleeping near a person who murdered so many living creaturs? Does it concern them that he might snap one day and go on a mass murder spree? Taking somebody's life has a huge burden to bear, it concerns me that they talk co casually about that person who's profession demands execution day in and day out. We know so many real-life stories of soldiers who return home from a battlefield and not all of those stories have a happy ending. If it is possible I would advise keeping your distance away from Henry, for all we know he is just a walking time bomb.

How should I spend my time?

A.Stay in the pilot room with Arthurius and have an interview with Kyle Daum, learn more about our mission and client.

I am more interested in the person who is giving us this mission rather than the person which we are hunting.

And should I use the drone to guide the Midnight Captors, or not and join in on the action in person?

My lifestyle does not believe in robots so no.
>>
No. 977078 ID: 094652

D) Record yourself for posterity.
While testing their mics.
Loudly.
>>
No. 977092 ID: d63ea8

D. Keeping a record of what's happening might be useful later on, see if you can find a voice recorder or maybe even a dream journal. Though, I'd stay off of the P.A system since Arthurius is going to be talking with the client.

As for whether or not to use the robot, I'd say that we default off of Arthurius's and Magnolia's opinions. If it is going to be a dangerous mission, use the robot, if it's going to be low-risk, come in person.
>>
No. 977100 ID: 50a59d

A & B. Getting to know how their procedure and equipment works is best - probably too early to make use of the 'bot though.

Another question is whether there's any half-breeds between Dreamcier and Nightmarecier couples. Is that even a thing in their society? And how much animosity exists between the two species, given their inherent differences in powers? Though, I guess it isn't too bad if they ride rollercoasters with each other.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason