[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 157160700705.png - (309.86KB , 1024x768 , Title.png )
947489 No. 947489 ID: ca2950

Expand all images
>>
No. 947491 ID: ca2950
File 157160741627.gif - (400.59KB , 1024x768 , lab1.gif )
947491

Knee bone is connected to... thigh bone. Femur bone's connected to the hip bone. Hip bone's connected to the spine bone, or someone else's hip bone if you're not a big nerd that sits around studying while everyone else goes home and stare at diagrams of bile ducts.

It's late and I'm burning out. Time to go home.
>>
No. 947497 ID: f83c47

Any lock-ups or checks last person out needs to do?
>>
No. 947498 ID: 5c0784

Yeah, you've been here for a while, clearly. Make sure you don't forget any of your stuff; this place would probably be a pain in the ass to turn around and come back to when you're halfway home.
>>
No. 947501 ID: b1b4f3

What's that red light? Is it supposed to blink?
>>
No. 947507 ID: e7c7d3

Don't forget to save and to log out on the computer. Don't want all your work to be lost.
>>
No. 947508 ID: ca2950
File 157161408228.png - (180.69KB , 1024x768 , lab2.png )
947508

>>947501
Hm... Nothing is blinking out here. Looks like they're all burning solid.

Maybe somebody is running some weird late night experiment and causing a power drain or something?
>>
No. 947511 ID: b1b4f3

Where are you, anyway? And who are you?
>>
No. 947513 ID: ad51b8

what's up with the red mood lighting?
>>
No. 947518 ID: ca2950
File 157162177956.png - (162.77KB , 777x637 , lab3.png )
947518

>Where are you, anyway? And who are you?

I'm at the university campus at the Wosa research facility which is kind of haphazardly shoved into different lab complexes, because they didn't plan on needing any schools up here. But, you cram a bunch of scientists in a limited space with nothing to do but monitor experiments and "socialize", you end up with a population boom and your research base turns into a research small city after a few decades.

And I am Keimi Salo, medical student and super genius, so I'm eccentric instead of crazy for talking to myself in the dark and it's definitely not to distract myself because I'm creeped out.


>what's up with the red mood lighting?

Red has the shortest photonic wavelength and therefore requires the least energy to produce, so they have red lights for after hours to conserve power? Either that or it's just to make everything scarier. I don't know.
>>
No. 947519 ID: ad51b8

>Red has the shortest photonic wavelength and therefore requires the least energy to produce, so they have red lights for after hours to conserve power?

Well it sounds like a better way to conserver power then having sensor based lights. So why you still here after hours then?
>>
No. 947520 ID: cb6404

>>947518

Cute shirt!

I'd vote high non-reactive visibility, without the same wash-out effect you get with sodium lighting (which itself is often more temperamental about thermal constraints), but that's just me.

But if it's normal, guess we're here TOO late.

Or shit just went real wrong and the rest of the complex just failed over to emergency power.
>>
No. 947521 ID: a9af05

>>947518
Isn't it time for you to head home right now? Aren't your parents worried about you being out of the house this late?
>>
No. 947525 ID: eeb7d9

This isn't one of those places that locks you inside because you staid inside to late, rihgt?
I mean, you are not lockd in, right?
>>
No. 947528 ID: e7c7d3

Any snacks you can pick up along the way? Gotta reward yourself for studying so hard, right?
>>
No. 947529 ID: 094652

cute EVERYTHING

Alright, first thing you need to do is find supplies. Look for a map or writing utensils, this complex looks like it's going to get labyrinthian.
>>
No. 947535 ID: 86794b

Red actually has a longer wavelength. However, the photons DO carry less energy. Dunno whether or not they're more energy efficient. I hear they use red lights for dark places because it disrupts your night vision less. Dunno if that's why they used it for the backup lighting or what.

Be on the lookout for monsters. Hope you're not locked in. Try to get out quick, for all the good it will do.
>>
No. 947536 ID: c9c450

I'm not a light bulb scientist but I think it's less important knowing what the reason they're there is, when we should be wondering why they're on. So yeah, consider whatever mistake, power overuse, or disaster happened to cause the backup lights to come on while you hurry to leave. Not because you're scared, you're just eccentric and have better places to be.
>>
No. 947543 ID: 7f1b59

Don’t know about them wavelengths, but red light has a strange ability to be very dim and yet produce high visibility.

But it’s not super important. It might seem creepy, the reality though is that they’re just the same halls you must’ve walked a thousand times. Just take your regular route out, and get some sleep for god sakes! Six hours minimum.
>>
No. 947551 ID: ce39da

Well, if all's normal, then so's our course of action; which way to the exit that puts us closest to our dorm?
>>
No. 947558 ID: abddbb

>>947518
Oh boy it's a university in a science lab in a science city, yeah that late-hours experiment is sounding pretty plausible.

Be sure to pester someone from admin about not at least having a notice up about this I mean come on. Or if it's to test people in this kind of situation right now pester them for the results. Might as well seeing as you participated.
>>
No. 947589 ID: ca2950
File 157174434012.png - (239.83KB , 884x832 , lab4.png )
947589

[Fear: Resisted]

It's not scary. It's just kinda at the right level of eerie silence to get a really good tingle up my spine.
I thought I heard something for a moment there, but it's probably nothing.

>Red actually has a longer wavelength.
Okay, fine. I'm mixing it up because shorter usually means less of something, but all this physics is really helping me forget all the biology I was studying all night. My knowledge of lymphatic systems has been replaced with how light wiggles fast.


>find supplies. Look for a map or writing utensils, this complex looks like it's going to get labyrinthian.

I'm just going to get my coat and go home. I wouldn't need a map unless I ended up in some restricted area that I've never been to before, and what are the odds of that?
>>
No. 947590 ID: ce39da

Who knows? Yeah, it seems unlikely, and if we do end up there due to plot contrivance, then it's inevitable; therefore, it either will or won't happen, so let's proceed with the comfort that what will happen was always going to happen. Hey, that determinism shpiel looks like a transition to philosophy on the mind. Have you always been this scatterbrained in spite of your high IQ?
>>
No. 947595 ID: eeb7d9

> and what are the odds of that?
Never say never.
Alright, where is your stuff, let's go and get it.
>>
No. 947600 ID: ad51b8

so how often do you stay late?
>>
No. 947602 ID: 86794b

EEEEEE YOU'RE ADORABLE *cough**cough* Yeah, definitely nothing will happen. Carry on.
>>
No. 947605 ID: e51896

Make sure you have your wallet. Maybe check and make sure if you have everything in it too, like your student id... (so we can see what your name is)
>>
No. 947607 ID: cb6404

>>947589

... aaaaaand you jinxed it. Hoo boy, let's get ourselves a map.
>>
No. 947612 ID: 269450

>>947605
She said her name was Keimi 2 updates ago and it's right there in the name field too
>>
No. 947618 ID: a9af05

>>947589
No! Don't say that! That's just inviting something bad to happen!

>>947605
We already know her name.
>>
No. 947629 ID: 26624b

>>947589
Even more cuteness!

But yeah, take a peek. For science.
>>
No. 947632 ID: 977456

That tingle up your spine is your spectral essence aligning. Science at it until you derive a unifying theorem of magic..
>>
No. 947636 ID: eb1fcc

>>947589
turning it back to the lymphatic system... how carcinogenic would you say the red light is?

and diverting even further, you think the red light district would be a good idea after we get out of here? gotta connect those hip bones, after all~!
>>
No. 947643 ID: c9c450

Exponentially higher now, but 0² is still zero so you're good. Get your stuff and get home and get some sleep.
>>
No. 947650 ID: 6c9030

>>947589
They used red because they're cheap to produce. The marginal relative gain in efficiency is negligible compared to the low sensitivity eyes have to it. If they wanted to be extremely power efficient they would install green LEDs, although the efficiency loss from tricolor lighting that mostly simulates white light would be very low. Full spectrum LEDs would be a bit more of a hit, but would provide the most effective lighting overall.

Anyway, where exactly is your coat, relative to your current position?
>>
No. 947873 ID: ca2950
File 157213287098.png - (182.19KB , 712x714 , lab5.png )
947873

I know where my coat is and I'm just going to go get it, go home, go to bed and try to forget I just spent about six hours remembering things.

*klink*

Kyaa~!
>>
No. 947874 ID: e7c7d3

Probably just a janitor. But, ya know, you could run just in case it isn't.
>>
No. 947875 ID: 0efe8e

Just relax, even if you were in a dangerous situation, which you likely aren't, the most important thing you can do is to remain calm, and think rationally.
>>
No. 947876 ID: b1b4f3

>>947873
Ask who it is.
>>
No. 947877 ID: 977456

Stop. quietly move away and towards cover so you won't be visible from the corridor. It is, of course, just a night-shifter or someone else who stayed late, but violent robberies do happen, so caution isn't pointless. And now would be a terrible time to wonder if you would run faster on all-fours.
>>
No. 947878 ID: ca2950
File 157213474898.gif - (320.27KB , 712x714 , Lab6.gif )
947878

Nothing there. Good thing I held off on the running and crying thing until I was sure.

I am never staying after hours again. This is what I get for diligence in my scholastic pursuits. I guess I've learned my lesson.
>>
No. 947879 ID: 0efe8e

Okay, remain calm, but get your coat and get out of here, this place is fucking creepy at night.
>>
No. 947881 ID: ce39da

Something just scurried, but it looks like small vermin. Remember what building you’re in for when you contact faculty to get pest control in.
>>
No. 947882 ID: b1b4f3

>>947878
Giant spider.
You should hurry.
>>
No. 947888 ID: a29e83

right, so, nothings wrong and you shouldn't panic but you should get the hell out of dodge quickly but Calmly. and forget the coat, you can get it in the morning.
>>
No. 947889 ID: 9876c4

How do you feel about adopting a pet?
>>
No. 947893 ID: a0dfd2

>>947878

Smells like headcrabs.
>>
No. 947907 ID: ad51b8

whelp nothing left to do then to grab your coat and scadatal
>>
No. 947909 ID: 977456

If you encounter any jumpscares... try blowing on them. Also bugspray noises, but that might make them angry, it wouldn't be as conditioned. Maybe try being very still while throwing something hard at something that should have a nice vibrancy, like a radiator or window.
>>
No. 947910 ID: c9c450

Hard to find anything that makes a klink that's actually threatening. A mop fell over, it's no big deal.
>>
No. 947953 ID: eeb7d9

You REALLY should go. Like, right now. You are tired and seen things.
>>
No. 947961 ID: ca2950
File 157222039584.png - (114.03KB , 810x657 , lab6.png )
947961

Enough screwing around. I'm leaving now and not letting anything distract me again.

Hey, what's that?
>>
No. 947967 ID: e7c7d3

You were the one studying bile ducts. You tell me.
>>
No. 947968 ID: 0efe8e

I Don't know what it is nor do I care, you just said no distractions, *it's time to leave*
>>
No. 947974 ID: b1b4f3

>>947961
Touch the goo.
>>
No. 947975 ID: 979c00

Poke it. Maybe with a pen.
>>
No. 947976 ID: a9af05

>>947961
It looks like something has crawled into the vents.
>>
No. 947978 ID: ad51b8

put the grate back on and move on I say
>>
No. 948017 ID: a0dfd2

>>947961

The overfull space roomba barfed, obviously.
>>
No. 948026 ID: e51896

Damn pranksters putting today's cafeteria mystery food in the vents again.

Ah well, not our problem. Time to leave. Not gonna even fix the grate.
>>
No. 948100 ID: 5b93d3

>>947961
That looks like THE MORNING SHIFT'S PROBLEM time to go home!
>>
No. 948110 ID: ce39da

Maybe mention the goop to those people you were going to have call pest control.
>>
No. 948118 ID: c9c450

Mucus? Without a light it's hard to look closely.
>>
No. 948168 ID: b1e334

>>947961
Hmm, not to lend credence to the spooky thoughts but that looks a lot like something came out of a vent... Or if we're being reasonable it's more likely someone shoved something messy into one.

Wait where does the trail lead/come from? This has got to be a breach in health and safety protocols, so you need to know roughly who to tell off.
>>
No. 948175 ID: a29e83

its not our problem that's what
>>
No. 948228 ID: ca2950
File 157234960217.png - (292.25KB , 917x742 , lab7.png )
948228

I have no idea whether something came out of the vent or went in. More importantly, what would be climbing around in the vents?

Keimi notices something jump at her.

Aiiieee! What the frick is that!?
>>
No. 948230 ID: 7ebbf9

It's kill or be killed!
>>
No. 948231 ID: ad51b8

drop, roll, run!

it's like stop, drop, and roll like they till you to do while on fire but instead you drop to the ground to get jumped on by whatever the hell that is, roll away from it to get distance, then run like hell away from it.
>>
No. 948234 ID: ce39da

Smack it out of the air and get to stomping before it recovers!
>>
No. 948239 ID: 9255f7

You are already pretty much holding it's hand. Just grab and follow through with it's momentum slamming it into the ground.
>>
No. 948244 ID: 1774cd

>>948228
REMEMBER THE POINTY END GOES AWAY FROM YOU
>>
No. 948247 ID: 7fb87a

>>948228
SLAP
>>
No. 948253 ID: 6f7a5a

dodge! don't get stabbed
>>
No. 948254 ID: a16fb3

first off don't bother trying to run, it like almost every other vertebrate will be faster than a biped.

second you are unarmed so direct confrontation is ill advised. i would recommend disengaging asap, getting behind a door and finding a weapon preferably something with reach( broken chair leg, mop handle or similar).

if there is no such door or weapon in the vicinity run to the nearest corner and run in place so sounds like you are still moving and kick it as hard as you can when it turns the corner.
>>
No. 948256 ID: 6c9030

>>948228
Slap it and dodge!
You just need to redirect its path enough for it to not stab you.

You have the range advantage, and most predators will back off if their prey is too tough.
>>
No. 948273 ID: d76301

>>948228
it's smaller than you and in midair, smack it away!
>>
No. 948274 ID: eeb7d9

DOOOOOOGE! GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE, RUN RUN RUUUN!
>>
No. 948278 ID: 0fae41

Rip its legs off with your WOMANLY PHYSIQUE!
>>
No. 948284 ID: a0dfd2

>>948228

Quickly! We must obtain crowbar!
>>
No. 948299 ID: 2403f4
File 157238715268.jpg - (329.67KB , 1200x798 , sick_wrestle_move.jpg )
948299

The creature seems to be going straight for your head so duck. When the creature is above your head and calling upon the gods wrestling, grab it and suplex it into the ground behind you. This will hopefully stun it and/or get it’s head spike stuck in the ground. (Sick wrestle move illustrated on left)
>>
No. 948301 ID: 9876c4

Dude/Sweet
>>
No. 948302 ID: 094652

>>948299
Critical hit.
>>
No. 948312 ID: ad51b8

and her name was JOHN CENA!
[music starts playing]

but yeah probably a good idea to start running now
>>
No. 948317 ID: eeb7d9

>>948299
Does she even know how to do a suplex?
>>
No. 948325 ID: 977456

That's Horatio!
>>
No. 948336 ID: ca2950
File 157240941838.png - (205.16KB , 755x704 , lab8.png )
948336

>>948299
That's what I should do! Wreck it's face!


Eeee! I don't wanna touch it though! Nyaa!
>>
No. 948338 ID: 0fae41

Give it a good double-footed stomp. Jump on it, kemosabe!
>>
No. 948339 ID: 0efe8e

Formulate a map of your escape route in your head, speed walk towards the exit, do not run, running wastes a lot of energy and you don't want to be exhausted if you need to react to something
>>
No. 948340 ID: b1b4f3

>>948336
Kick it! Stomp it!
>>
No. 948341 ID: 6f7a5a

Press the attack! stomp it flat!
>>
No. 948346 ID: 1774cd

>>948336
BLOOD! BLOOOD!
>>
No. 948349 ID: 6c9030

>>948336
Those boots look like they're fine for kicking!
Punt it!
>>
No. 948380 ID: 977456

If it starts expanding, or makes burbling noises, or a hiss of fluid, run away from the self-destruct.
>>
No. 948385 ID: 094652

Do a Dead Space Punt!
>>
No. 948392 ID: ce39da

Yeah, you seem to be more built for "punt and go" tactics. Do that, and find an exit.
>>
No. 948393 ID: eeb7d9

Well look at you! Although, that was dangerous, be careful with that thing. This is the perfect time to make your escape.
>>
No. 948398 ID: c1fd00

>>948336
Make sure you didn't get stabbed/grazed by that thing's needle, then stomp it to mush (while making sure you don't stomp into it's needle)
>>
No. 948405 ID: e51896

Stomp it. Hopefully it isn't carrying babies that will crawl out of its body. Yeesh.
>>
No. 948418 ID: c9c450

You're bigger than it, you've shown you can bat it around, it probably is a lot less eager to get you now. It's lost its surprise attack so just get real big and try scaring it away.

On the off chance it doesn't act like an animal and instead attacks you again anyway, it's time to RUN.
>>
No. 948582 ID: ca2950
File 157269964186.png - (456.65KB , 1024x768 , lab9.png )
948582

Keimi stands her ground against the creature and presses the attack and nearly gets skewered by a few leaping attacks until she gets a good stomp on its body, squishing it.

I did it. I'm the winner.

Hrrn... Floooor~

Keimi has fainted.
>>
No. 948584 ID: ca2950
File 157270003746.png - (37.82KB , 695x640 , lab10.png )
948584

Jus need to rest for a minute...
>>
No. 948586 ID: ad51b8

really hoping the fainting spell is from stress and not blood loss.
>>
No. 948593 ID: 9876c4

>>948586
Probably venom.
>>
No. 948594 ID: e7c7d3

Sweet dreams. Don't let the nightmares become reality now.
>>
No. 948597 ID: 0efe8e

Before you even open your eyes, remember, no matter what is happening, you need to remain calm.
>>
No. 948601 ID: 5d5f52

>>948584
Don't be surprised when you wake up in a different place
>>
No. 948604 ID: b1b4f3

Get up, there might be more of them!
>>
No. 948606 ID: 6c9030

>>948582
WAKE UP!
>>
No. 948609 ID: eeb7d9

Not a good place to be napping, little girl!
>>
No. 948610 ID: eeb7d9

Not a good place to be napping, little girl!
>>
No. 948615 ID: 5325d7

Wake up Misssssssss Keimi... Wake up and... smell the ashessss
>>
No. 948616 ID: 977456

It may not be the best idea to sleep next to that thing. I'm not saying that it looks like a headcrab. I'm not even saying it's a cranial crustacean. It honestly looks more like a footcrab, that mind-controls its host as a fuzzy slipper. It's just that you probably have things you would rather sleep with, like a bed, and loneliness.
>>
No. 948645 ID: 2ba9d1

Try not dying from poison.
>>
No. 948649 ID: e51896

Have a prophetic dream
>>
No. 948690 ID: ca2950
File 157284063940.png - (30.56KB , 894x713 , lab11.png )
948690

>"Not a good place to be napping, little girl!"

Nnngh... Don't call me little girl, you dingus.

>"WAKE UP!"

Oh my God, shut up. I just want to sleep on the floor. Did I dream all that? And if so, why do I hurt all over?

Also, who is bugging at me when I'm trying to be unconscious?
>>
No. 948692 ID: ca2950
File 157284355041.png - (242.81KB , 894x713 , lab12.png )
948692

It's some military guy. I guess I'm saved

"Hey, little girl. Are you alright? Where are your parents?"

This guy is starting to cheese me off...

"I'm fine, I think. My parents might be at home or they might still be working. I don't know. Wait, what was that monster? Are there more of them?"

"I had something nail me in the leg that was similar to the thing on the floor where I found you. There might be more."

Ugh... Why couldn't it all be a dream or something? This is the worst.
>>
No. 948693 ID: 13065c

Well that’s what you get for staying late and trying to be a productive member of society.

But yeah, ask who he is, what’s going up on, and why is their what looks like a military guy at your school anyways?
>>
No. 948694 ID: 094652

Check your wound for biology stuff. Also, write a report on the monsters for extra... thesis.
>>
No. 948695 ID: 9876c4

Do you know where they keep they shotguns and oatmeal cookies?
>>
No. 948696 ID: b1b4f3

>>948692
Well get up, tell him you're not a little girl you're just short, then ask for help getting to safety.
>>
No. 948697 ID: e7c7d3

Time to get up. Feel free to punch this guy in the gut for calling you a little girl.
>>
No. 948699 ID: 0fae41

And how is that leg doing now?
Did the campus science department set off a resonance cascade or something?
>>
No. 948702 ID: 0efe8e

At least your new partner is hot, though he likely needs first aid, and a punch in the chest for calling you a little girl.
>>
No. 948704 ID: 6c9030

>>948692
"What's going on? Were the bio labs working on something stupid? Is this containment breach? Is this an XK scenario? Or a Code Green?
Or can I just go home?
Please say I can just go home."
>>
No. 948711 ID: 977456

Grargh! He is dangerous! and mean! Bite his ankles!
>>
No. 948712 ID: eeb7d9

Ok... At least you are not dead! Hooray!
Ok, let's get your stuff already. Ask this handsome man to accompany you.
>>
No. 948714 ID: ce39da

Sit up, but don't stand until your head is cleared up. Try yawning to get more oxygen into your bloodstream faster.

"I guess it's too much to ask that you're part of an organized response team that has everything under control?"

If just 'going home' isn't an option: "Alright, the first step is to assess our priorities. Obviously, if we can't leave right away, then the top of the list will be to get a look at our wounds and treat them. Did you also feel drowsy after you got attacked, or was my unconscious spell all me?"
>>
No. 948716 ID: 1774cd

>>948692
Ask him if he wants to make out.
>>
No. 948718 ID: e51896

I wouldn't harm him too much. He did save your life.
>>
No. 948731 ID: 2ba9d1

>>948718
Not necessarily. He is apparently just standing in front of her. Unless he patched her up.

Anyway, ask what's going on right now. Is it still happening or can you just leave? To a hospital?
>>
No. 948735 ID: 977456

Oh, and you should probably patch up that giant gaping oozing puss-factory over your midriff.
>>
No. 949151 ID: 15a025

Get up and ask for an introduction. What was that spider thing?
>>
No. 959372 ID: ca2950
File 158475358090.png - (211.65KB , 881x727 , lab13.png )
959372

As much as I would love to jump up and ineffectually assault him for the perceived insult of being referred to as a child due to my height, I feel kind of sick and tired. I'm thinking from fighting a weird meat spider that might be venomous in some way.

>why is there what looks like a military guy at your school anyways?

This place is a big government research facility, they have a bunch of military wandering around, looking at things, nodding at clipboards, guarding the place. It's not completely out of place for some random soldier guy to pop up.

I try to introduce myself and ask who he is, but it comes out pretty mushy. I bet if I had three times the body mass I do, I wouldn't feel so crappy, since this guy seems fine.

"Ah, your mother is Dr. Salo? That explains a lot. I'm Second Lieutenant Alvar Shaw. I think given the situation that you're going to have to remain in a secure area until we can discern what is happening."

"Can't I just go home and forget this happened?"

"That's going to be a negative. Let's get you somewhere safe until this is resolved."
>>
No. 959373 ID: 0fae41

Remember to wash your hands after fighting failed science experiments!
>>
No. 959374 ID: 6f7a5a

Ask for a health tonic/spray/herb
>>
No. 959375 ID: b1b4f3

>>959372
Ugh. Fine. Let's go.
>>
No. 959376 ID: 015bf2

A) What happened to the bug monster corpse? May want to secure it.
B) Where is 'safe' from vent-crawling bug monsters?
C) I'm a med student, and I'm pretty sure I just got sedated by that thing's stingers - though thank god I stomped it to death before I fainted.
D) Are you sure YOU'RE alright? Lemme look at your wound - and treat my own. Where's the closest medkit?
>>
No. 959377 ID: 2aa5f0

sooooo, what is happening?
>>
No. 959397 ID: 977456

He just announced that our relocation is his responsibility, not ours. Curl up into a ball and sleep.
>>
No. 959406 ID: 864e49

>>947489
God damn you GNOOOOOOLLLLLL!
We never got bear tiddy:(

>>947518
The problem is Red is normally used to convey "danger" or "emergency".


>>947878
>>948690
How old are you anyway cause
>>947491
>Hip bone's connected to the spine bone, or someone else's hip bone
this sounds like a sex joke?

>>959372
>Government owned and run science research facility full of soldiers.
Cool we're in a shooty survival horror. Guess that makes us this guys escort mission.

>Let's get you somewhere safe until this is resolved.
Hey looks like you may get some hip joining action after all!




cause you'll be joined at the hip


cause you'll be stuck together.
>>
No. 959677 ID: ca2950
File 158515363098.png - (258.94KB , 863x768 , lab14.png )
959677

I patch the lieutenant up and go back to the reference room.
"Stay here were it's safe until this can be resolved and the area is secure."

"Is it really 'safe' when the bug monsters are crawling through the vents?"

"Shore up any gratings that seem loose and you'll be fine," he says, leaving the room.
Lt. Shaw goes out into the hall and taps on the window as he passes.
"Don't make a lot of noise and stay put until someone comes to get you."

Ugh... I just want to go home. Now I'm stuck in this room even longer because of a sudden hopping scrotum outbreak. This is the worst.
>>
No. 959678 ID: e51896

Ask what the person you are waiting for looks like or would be wearing so you don't mistake it for a malicious stranger.
>>
No. 959680 ID: a0dfd2

>>959677

Oh, hey, magic or something. Is that what you've been studying?
>>
No. 959685 ID: b1b4f3

>>959677
What other magic shit do you know how to do?
Also yeah you better seal up the vents.
>>
No. 959699 ID: 432eee

>>959677
so, mrs. medical student, have you or have you not been poisoned?
>>
No. 959702 ID: 864e49

>>959677
Seriously how old are you?
Flash him your tits regardless.
>>
No. 959704 ID: 2aa5f0

well might as well see what's in this room... and maybe push things in front of any grates we see just to be safe.
>>
No. 959705 ID: d187d8

>>959677
very cool mister soldier dude, just leave us here all alone to be eaten by some evil bugmonsters whilst you go jerk off and do something irrelevant. I guess a proper lt. officer like him couldn't be bothered to protect an irrelevant "little girl"..
>>
No. 959708 ID: 977456

This situation calls for vandalism! Work off the legs of that table and use them to shore up the grating, then prop the table against the door handle.
>>
No. 959709 ID: 015bf2

>>959708
Or just overturn the table and put it against any floor area grates. If there are grates higher up, use table to gain access to them, then secure with other material around the room.

Also, to alleviate boredom, loot room.
>>
No. 959730 ID: 80517d

Hey, soldier boy. Pretty sure BOTH of you should be in quarantine until you can be cleared by someone. He admitted to getting nicked by the same type of thing you did, which was visibly meant to inject something, and this is hardly the time to be running around playing hero. Quite frankly, you're safer with him than any where else in this building.

If he still feels like running off, and you feel like being particularly rebellious, maybe go ahead and flash titties, if you're not chicken. If he's running off to his death, might as well give him something to remember, whose he gonna tell, or would believe him anyway?
>>
No. 960096 ID: ca2950
File 158562721149.png - (166.49KB , 920x736 , lab15.png )
960096

>magic or something
That's silly, magic doesn't exist. It's mental manipulation of physical energies in order to shift aspects of reality. It's a purely scientific technique and now I'm tired from sciencing so hard.

I'll shove some stuff in the way so I'm less likely to get eaten, now I can safely pass out in an uncomfortable position on a hard table.

>very cool mister soldier dude, just leave us here all alone

Better than dragging me into danger to get caught in the crossfire, but I guess it's not as fun for me.
If I was wandering around in danger, I might at least find out what's going on or maybe I could make a break for home so I could sleep in my bed.
Or I stay here and stay maybe relatively safe.

All my choices feel like they could end badly.
>>
No. 960097 ID: 7d01bf

Pass out and hope everything has fixed itself by the time you wake up. No way this could ever end badly.
>>
No. 960098 ID: 422cea

>>960096
So it's applied psionics.
>>
No. 960099 ID: b1b4f3

>>960096
Was that red light there before?
>>
No. 960100 ID: 91ee5f

>>960099
No, it was not.
>>
No. 960102 ID: e29e4e

>mental manipulation of physical energies in order to shift aspects of reality.
So you are a psychic? Or have telekinetic abilities? I know you are tired, but please, do explain what you just did. I am not familiar with that.
Also how old are you again?
Another interesting question, is this just you talking to yourself or what?
>>
No. 960103 ID: e51896

If you're going to pass out on the table, at least move the table away from the window so no creatures break through the window and jump on you catching you by surprise while you're vulnerable. Going farther away from the window and passing out is a better idea, that way if any creatures jump through the window, you'll be farther away enough to react in time.
>>
No. 960107 ID: 977456

While everyone else is flailing around for good ideas, I will actually help by beaming good vibes at you!
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning; it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."
>>
No. 960118 ID: cadb36

At least get a weapon
>>
No. 960119 ID: 015bf2

>>960107
Amen.
>>
No. 960120 ID: 015bf2

>>960099
>>960100

Actually, if you see here:
>>947491

It kinda was?
>>
No. 960128 ID: a0dfd2

>>960096

Time to keep studying all that SCIENCE again to pass the time.

Or use the network connection to read interactive adventure [science-]fiction while waiting for military guy to do his job.
>>
No. 960132 ID: 5b0071

>>960096
There is no safety here. Just ignorance. While you recover, think about the route between you an the exit. or the nearest emergency exit, since this clearly counts as an emergency.
>>
No. 960202 ID: 8bd73c

>>960098
>>960102
She probably has some sort of tech implanted in her head that allows for those sorts of manipulations. Like some sort of device that would manipulate and/or strengthen the effects of the quantum mind hypotheses (which one could assume have been proven to be true in this reality) to cause, in this case, the area that was injured to be replaced with an alternate version that never suffered said injury. Thus, she really isn't actually healing an injury, she is just making it so she never got hurt to begin with.
>>
No. 960204 ID: f2320a

>>960202
Dont this mean some random verson got the wound and that random wounds can happen at ay timr
>>
No. 960216 ID: 8bd73c

>>960204
Not necessarily. I mean, you would think so, but it is more like copying the atoms into the right position, as this works on an atomic level. The atoms are all entangled together with other possible versions (or just other possibilities since nobody really knows if there are alternate realities), so it just has each corresponding atom instantly move to the correct spot. There are no atoms truly missing because even if her arm was chopped off, the atoms would still exist.

--
Sidenote: If they have this sort of capability of controlling how the brain affects reality on a quantum level, it should be possible for someone to quantum tunnel themselves through impenetrable surfaces. While electrons quantum tunnel fairly frequently, it is incredibly rare for entire atoms to tunnel. Pair that with the number of atoms in the body and the odds of quantum tunneling one's entire being (or even a readily measurable portion of it) would be unfathomably small, but not zero. Given the tech is able to assist the brain in causing these sorts of quantum events in a controlled way, it should be able to exploit that non-zero chance and let someone go straight through solid objects. (ofc these technologies may also be heavily controlled so the version we potentially have may not have this kind of functionality).
>>
No. 960229 ID: ce39da

Regardless of whether we plan to hunker down here or make a break for it, taking stock of what’s we’ve got in this room would be prudent.
>>
No. 960775 ID: 15a025

See if there's anything useful in here in case of further spider thing outbreaks.
>>
No. 961892 ID: ca2950
File 158685380396.png - (212.73KB , 898x768 , lab16.png )
961892

>tech implanted in her head
>effects of the quantum mind hypotheses
What? No. That is wholly incorrect in every way I can think of.
Arca techniques are just something living things can do.
Valdrans (that's what I am), Aaloxi and Zieh can all use it. Uros can't because they're mechanical, but they use technology to create similar effects. Even some animals can do things, but it's straining for the user, so you can't just do anything you want.

But I might as well stop rambling. Every race that's even a little bit advanced knows all about this stuff.

>If you're going to pass out on the table, at least move the table away from the window so no creatures break through the window and jump on you catching you by surprise while you're vulnerable.

What are the odds that the bug thing wasn't just a one off occurrence? It's not like hordes of monsters are going to start flooding out of this remote, arctic research facility.
Hmm...

>Get a weapon
There's not a lot useful here. It's a pretty sterile. Just tables, shelves and computer terminals. Maybe I'm just worrying too much.
>>
No. 961893 ID: b1b4f3

>>961892
Stare at the monster in the window to see if it smashes it.
>>
No. 961894 ID: 12b116

Hide under the table and turn off the lights
>>
No. 961895 ID: cdabe3

welp, you better hope that bug monster is looking for a good time and not a good meal
>>
No. 961901 ID: d88d26

>>961895
For mantis one doesn't exclude the other.

>>961894
A bit late for the light, but hiding is a good idea.

How many exits does this room have? Star planing an escape rout that put as much furniture between you and this creature as possible.
>>
No. 961902 ID: 015bf2

Maybe we're in luck. Maybe it's just one of the species she mentioned.

Turn around to see if that's the case, girl!
>>
No. 961904 ID: 2aa5f0

>Maybe I'm just worrying too much.
Maybe, you could try asking the guy outside the window what he thinks.
>>
No. 961935 ID: 5b0071

>>961892
Is that silhouette outside an Aaloxi or a Zieh?
>>
No. 961947 ID: 977456

Are all Veldrans tiny?
>>
No. 962020 ID: d07001

Well you better think fast because there anything outside. Unless is another friendly race. Block the entrance.
>>
No. 962102 ID: 0fae41

Try to reduce the obviousness of your presence in the room. That means stop mooning the nightmare mantis.
>>
No. 962130 ID: ca2950
File 158700390436.png - (234.00KB , 945x725 , lab17.png )
962130

>Hide under the table and turn off the lights

Oh, geez. What is that? I can't reach the lights. Hiding seems more important. This one looks way worse than that hoppy thing.

>Maybe it's just one of the species she mentioned

Nnnnnope! That's not even a little bit anything I've seen before.

>Are all Veldrans tiny?

I'm not tiny! I'm making efficient use of space, like the space under this table until that thing goes away!

There's two doors out of here, but they're both adjacent to the window wall.
Should I stay here or make a dash to find the lieutenant, or just run for home and try to forget any of this happened?

I wish there something to whack it with, but this thing is way more dangerous looking, so it probably wouldn't help much anyway. I would still definitely feel better if I had something to swing around, though.
>>
No. 962131 ID: eb87d9

>>962130
Three eyes tells me that it relies on sight or smell (note the long and currently extended tongue).

You could blind it by enveloping its head in your sweater, maybe. Or you could be lucky and it's mostly deaf, but in predators that's entirely unlikely.
>>
No. 962132 ID: 094652

Try to communicate with this one, if only to distract it from security forces. Tap the glass with a poking stick and see if you can get reactions.
>>
No. 962133 ID: 015bf2

>>962130
‘s also got red eyes. Could be light sensitive, so if you’ve got any sources of bright flashing lights you might be able to blind it in a pinch.

Stay, and ponder your mortality. But stay near a door so if it smashes through into the room you can just, well, leave.
>>
No. 962134 ID: 5b0071

>>962130
No offense but you do not appear to have the upper body strength to hurt that thing by swinging something at it.

Could you manipulate one of the table legs into something pointy you could stab it with?
>>
No. 962137 ID: b1b4f3

>>962130
You could just stay put in this room. I mean, it can't get to you, right?
Wait to see what it does. Maybe look around a little better for a weapon of some kind. Could you break off a table leg maybe?

If it starts to break in, then you should make a dash for the lieutenant.
>>
No. 962138 ID: d88d26

It appear you've being spotted.

You could wait for this creature to enter the room and run away through the other door. Since currently this thing doesn't seem familiar with the concept of doors you may need to wait for it to figure something out or break the glass.
>>
No. 962157 ID: 9c48ac

Scary as it looks, it's not explicitly hostile (yet). Stay hid until that status changes.
>>
No. 962168 ID: 2aa5f0

well solder boy went deeper into the building where more of these things could be so not to keen at trying to find him, home is sounding rather nice though... you do have a way to get home other then walking right? Not sure if these guys are stuck in just the build or not so I don't want to walk home with the possibility of one of these things jumping out of a bush or something.

Either way I say hide under table and hope it goes away as I don't think you can beat it and right now their is a wall and glass between you and it which is better then nothing. If it does try to get in though try to hug the wall neat the window and hope it can't see you and head to a door to book it should it actually brake in.
>>
No. 962182 ID: f470ff

Maybe we can wait and see what it does, and react to its actions? I don't see much point on pacinking right now.
>>
No. 962397 ID: ca2950
File 158721237058.png - (256.78KB , 912x768 , lab18.png )
962397

If I slowly and carefully remove the leg from the tabl- It's coming through the window! Go, go, go! Give me the leg now please thank you yes!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!~

>Try to communicate
NOPE.

>I don't see much point on panicking right now
Fear: Resisted
I disagree pretty vehemently at the moment, but I will try to stay calm to deal with the MURDER MONSTER BURSTING THROUGH THE WINDOW AND WHY WON'T THIS LEG COME OFF!?

NNH! GOT IT!
Item Obtained: Table Leg

WHAT NOW!?
>>
No. 962398 ID: 2aa5f0

move towards a door, wait for creature to get into room, then bail through the door so it has to waste time getting back out of the room giving you a bit of a head start to get away from it. Make sure you shut the door behind you when you leave otherwise it kinda defeats the point.
>>
No. 962404 ID: f470ff

>>962398
I agree with this. We need to lose the thing.
>Fear: Resisted
God damn girl! Keep it wp!
>>
No. 962405 ID: d88d26

Congratulation on your strength feature. I didn't expect you would be capable of doing something like this.

You got a table leg now use it. Hit the pincers that got past the glass to see if they can be damaged. We can probable expect it's weapons to be more resistant than the rest of the body, but if you can't even dent them this approach may not be be the wiser.
Bonus point if you manage to bend one of the blades, getting the monster stuck.
>>
No. 962408 ID: c2fdd6

>>962397
Let's get something out of the way: You're compact, and that's a blunt weapon. It's kinda long, compared to your body, but you're not going to get much leverage, which is paramount. Thus, we're either going to need to surprise it and smack it in an ideal location, or you're need to get a lot of leverage some other way - such as with the help of gravity or the like.

We can't really do either. Thus, our best option is to hide in a defensible location. Considering the layout of the room, that means your best option is escape. If the door is locked (it might be, soldier boy might have done so to keep things out) then your best way out is the way the monster is coming in.

Lead it on a merry chase around the room and then get out through the window if the door is locked.
>>
No. 962430 ID: b1b4f3

>>962397
Start hitting its blades.
>>
No. 962570 ID: 977456

That thing looks like a praying mantis, which seems extremely good at doing what it is designed to, but not very versatile. I strenuously advocate not fighting it, if you have the choice. In preparation for the worst, can you use your magic on that table-leg to form some prongs so that you can grip the creature's limbs and twist them? And one elongated stabbing spike?

Also note that critters hate sticking their head through a hole when something is waiting to jump them as soon as their head is stuck. If you can't think of anything better to do, just stand beside the hole in a readied pose so it knows that it'll get shanked when it is half-way through. Hopefully private Deadmeat from earlier told someone about you so you can just wait half an hour for rescue while the thing endlessly reconsiders its plan of jumping into an ambush.
>>
No. 962681 ID: ca2950
File 158734602662.png - (226.72KB , 1024x768 , lab19.png )
962681

As much as I'd like to get the drop on this thing, I'm getting out of here! It's coming through and I don't think a table leg is going to do much damage. It's kind of light and made of thin metal.

I'm still holding onto it, though. I run for the door, just before that thing smashes through and starts coming in.
The doors are automatic and I can't lock them from here, but hopefully this thing isn't smart enough to figure it out for a while, so I can get away.

I just need to decide where I want to get away to.
I can run to the administrative offices, which might have somebody there, but probably not. The laboratory complex is usually secured entry, but given the monsters running around, I'm thinking it's probably not. It's obviously the most dangerous move, but there might be soldiers and scientists that know what's going on.
Unless the giant government lab built in the middle of nowhere isn't the source of the monsters, then it will be super safe there.

Or I can just run for the door and get out of here, go home and try to forget this ever happened. It kind of feels like running away from a problem, but this is a problem that might be smart to run away from as fast as possible.
>>
No. 962685 ID: 2aa5f0

well we know that these things are in the build but we don't know if they CAME from in the building. I mean if this place is in the middle of nowhere and these things came from outside then leave would probably be a very bad idea. Do the offices have windows? because that might be a good way to figure out if these things are outside or not before risking just going outside and hoping you don't run into anything else.

So offices I guess... If nothing else you hopefully know this building better then the monsters so hopefully you can lose this thing before doubling back if we later decide to risk going outside.
>>
No. 962686 ID: 2f2b0b

If they've broken out of the lab, that's where they're not going to be. Also your best bet at finding out they're deathly allergic to water or country music or the common cold or something.
>>
No. 962689 ID: e2f5cc

You need more information before deciding where you want to go to end up not eaten, and you'd know better than us where to get that critical info than us.
>>
No. 962692 ID: d88d26

What you mean running away from a problem? Is your responsibility to fix this situation? Do you think you would be able to? Beyond the threat to your life this isn't your problem.
Go find your family and do what you can to guaranty their survival and your.

For the origin speculation, it's reasonable to assume the appearance of monsters in a government research facility isn't a coincidence.
If they were grown in a lab it doesn't surprise me if the government put all their eggs in the same basket by hiding their dangerous monster engineering in the middle of a research center, but a more reasonable approach would be to put their lab in a separate building far enough that no one notice but close enough to make trips for supplies. The same apply to for a teleportation or portal situation unless they appear randomly anywhere. Excluding the unpredictable we can expect their origin being either inside or outside. We will have to observe where the monster concentrate in greater numbers.
>>
No. 962697 ID: 977456

Maybe you could get to the mess hall and distract it with a larger source of meat, like a chicken nugget, or a baked potato.

Otherwise, try to get some basics, like a knife, bag, water, and rope, then head towards the lab. It should be either crawling with the things, in which case give up, or not, in which case either they left and there might be equipment with which to contain them, or they came from outside, in which case you need to find some sort of experimental bioarmour with which to single-handedly save all life on the planet in a series of bizarrely linear combat missions.
>>
No. 962699 ID: 4298ae

I doubt that the front door is open. They can't just leave all this things run around in the open, it would be chaos.
Where did the guard guy go, you should go with him.
>>
No. 962702 ID: e51896

Your just a civilian. You can't fight these monsters, the guards are doing that. Lets just go home and forget about all this. It is not your problem to deal with.
>>
No. 962803 ID: 1ec97a

>>962681
>Admin

Administrative offices tend to have a lot of places to hide, for one thing, and a lot of information for another. As a third point, it's probably not the center of this disaster, one doesn't summon demons through bad TPS reports, last I checked.
>>
No. 962806 ID: 015bf2

To the lab, because you are brave/reckless and if there are containment efforts ongoing that's where they'll be. Or have been. Your healing SCIENCE might even be useful in rescuing survivors, since some of these monsters seem to drug their victims. Or there could be guns 'n stuff you could loot off of bodies there.

And at least this monster didn't have blood on its blades or anything! That's good, in that it indicates it hasn't fought anyone yet.
>>
No. 962819 ID: 5b0071

>>962681
Admin offices. If they're roaming the halls then its possible some emergency measure has sealed the building. They may be attempting to leave too, if they have any sense of which way is out, you'll only run into more of them that way.
>>
No. 962822 ID: 91ee5f

>>962681
You said your home was a part of this facility, right? What makes you think your home would be safe? These monsters could easily come into your home! Especially the ones that crawl through the vents!

Head to the admin offices!
>>
No. 962828 ID: ca2950
File 158744000011.png - (74.60KB , 905x688 , lab20.png )
962828

>not your problem to deal with
>Go find your family

I really can't do much, so I think leaving is best. I'd just feel bad if somebody working late on paperwork gets shredded to meat chunks because I didn't knock of their door to warn them about monsters.
On the other hand, getting shredded to meat myself is going to make me feel even worse and I don't know if anyone is here anyway.

And the door is locked down.

You know, I can't help but think that if they were this responsive with containing the monsters in the first place, none of this would be an issue.
I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed...


>we don't know if they CAME from in the building
I really hope they came from inside. Nothing I've seen looks like any wildlife I've ever heard of, from any planet I've heard of. It would mean some kind of extra-solar alien invasion and would be a way bigger problem than some crazy experiment running wild.

>Where did the guard guy go, you should go with him
He had a gun. I think I'd like to be where the gun is, but he was kind of vague about where he was going. Probably towards the lab complex. All the important stuff is there.
>>
No. 962829 ID: 4298ae

Well, anyway, as i said, the doors are closed, so we need to find the code to open them. Most probably the guard has it, so we should look for him. Look in the general area to where he went. And avoid the things things running around here. Try to be sneaky, don't make too much noise.
>>
No. 962830 ID: b5fb67

>>962828

Hit the keypad with the table leg. If movies taught me anything, it's that hitting the control panel or shooting it automatically locks/unlocks doors.
>>
No. 962831 ID: b1b4f3

>>962828
Go 2 lab.
>>
No. 962832 ID: 015bf2

>>962831
Yes. Off 2 Lab!
>>
No. 962845 ID: 977456

>It would mean some kind of extra-solar alien invasion and would be a way bigger problem than some crazy experiment running wild.
Well you know what they say? Hope for the best!

The people in admin are either sealed in a monster free zone, or sealed in a sardine can, either way there is little point in trying to help them, so travel towards the labs and hope to find an access code to get in here out there. Unless you can defeat the security by thinking at it?
>>
No. 962847 ID: 094652

Rub yourself against the door; the alien imitator might catch your scent and bust in for you. Then you can utilize the chemicals inside before it realize it just gave you bug spray.
>>
No. 962855 ID: 5b0071

>>962828
Hell.. knock on the door. Maybe someone's stationed outside. Just make it an obviously-a-person knock and not an animal-clawing-at-the-door knock.
>>
No. 962891 ID: 9c48ac

>>962855
Yeah, it may be a slim chance, but it never hurts to try shave-and-a-haircut (the universal knock of "i am a human person")
>>
No. 962903 ID: ca2950
File 158750676285.png - (245.24KB , 1024x768 , lab21.png )
962903

>Hit the keypad with the table leg
As much as movie logic would be nice right now, bending up my crappy weapon and breaking the thing that unlocks doors out of here doesn't seem like the best course of action.

>knock
No response. I don't know if anyone out there would help me, but if there was any chance someone might pop the door open and let me go on my way, I have to take it.

Since I'm at the entry way anyway, it's a short sneak to get my coat, which might protect me a little bit against monster pointy bits and has my student ID which will give me access to... basically nothing. At least I feel much more cozy now, until I start overheating anyway.
It will also be nice to have if I do find away out, since it's about 21 degrees Kem outside (-60 celcius).

>Go to the lab
I'd rather not, but it's the best I've got to go on for now and if I can find that soldier again, I'll have a guy with a gun to protect me. Hopefully I can avoid anything crazy on the way.
Now, where is the lab in here? If I go back past the blade monster, it's a pretty straight shot or I could take a more roundabout route and not get stabbed to death. Well, not by anything I know for certain is there.
>>
No. 962904 ID: cadb36

Avoiding stabbings usually works out best for people.
>>
No. 962908 ID: 5b0071

it might have actually moved on once it realized there's nothing there to stab.

or its been following you this whole time... best not to backtrack
>>
No. 962910 ID: b1b4f3

>>962903
Avoid stabbings.
>>
No. 962913 ID: 58ecd6

>>962903
Something tells me this place was placed here explicitly because it's really cold, just in case of this sort of problem we're having right now.
>>
No. 962915 ID: 2aa5f0

take the roundabout way.
>>
No. 962916 ID: 4298ae

>roundabout
NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW! The monsters that is.
>>
No. 962917 ID: 977456

Spend a couple of minutes training with your club. A bit of crumpled paper or something could be thrown into the air to give you something to aim at, and just swinging a few times to feel how your balance shifts, if your feet get unstable, or if the club is prone to leaping out of your hands.
>>
No. 963019 ID: cdb7be

>>962903

>>962130
>>962397

I'm not sure what would cause it to go from ᵗᶦᶜ ᵗᶦᶜ to SMASH in such a short space of time, but these creatures seem unpredictable and would best be avoided rather than confronted. I don't know what you're going to find in the lab but considering the possibility of it being the source of all this you might have to prepare yourself to see some shit.
>>
No. 963020 ID: 0fae41

Your options right now don't look great, so take the scenic route and keep finding out more.
>>
No. 963042 ID: 015bf2

Safety even in recklessness. Go for the roundabout.
>>
No. 963062 ID: ca2950
File 158758845580.png - (177.33KB , 1024x768 , lab22.png )
963062

Stealth: Success
I'm just going to go around and try to avoid that thing. But then there's more of those little testicle hopper things. This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them.

I beat the one last time unarmed, but I got all cut up, envenomated and passed out, so I really don't want to do that again.
I beat the one last time just flailing around and stomping on it, so now that I have something to whack them with, they're probably not a huge threat.
Having to deal with two of them makes me a bit nervous though.
I could run by them before they have a chance to react, but I don't know what's around the corner.

I'm not sure what else I could do. The main hall kind of loops around the perimeter of the building, roughly. I can't think of any other way around, except maybe back the other way and hope the slicer monster is trapped or wandered off.
>>
No. 963063 ID: b1b4f3

>>963062
KILL
>>
No. 963066 ID: b1525e

Throw something at the far wall.
>>
No. 963068 ID: 094652

Call one over and see if they're too stupid to communicate. Learn any noises they make to each other.

Also, harvest their organs, the beak in particular. Their bones should be sufficiently sturdier than the rest of their bodies so you can make piercing shivs, like in your survival games.
>>
No. 963134 ID: 2aa5f0

either find something to try and lure them away, or find something to try and lure one close to you so you can ambush it and then finish off the other one on a one on one fight.
>>
No. 963144 ID: cdb7be

>>963062

Have you ever played baseball or something similar? It's like that when they jump at you.
>>
No. 963256 ID: 89e851

>>963144
Batter up!
>>
No. 963258 ID: e51896

try to knock on the wall loud enough for the monster closest to you can hear, but quiet enough for the farther monster to not hear. If the closest monster comes to investigate, you can ambush and attack it with the table leg once it reaches the corner catching it by surprise.
>>
No. 963269 ID: 0b8b86

You can always go back and see where the slicer is.
>>
No. 963273 ID: ca2950
File 158766674259.png - (222.32KB , 1257x601 , lab23.png )
963273

>lure it
>throw something

I throw a pocket candy across the hall to distract it. The paper was wearing off and lint was sticking to the candy anyway, so I probably wasn't going to eat it.

Now I have an easy swing at the lump creature.

>Have you ever played baseball or something similar?

I've played something. Aaaand she winds up the shot and... it didn't actually go very far. At least it doesn't look to be in good shape after that. I don't know much about it's anatomy, but when fluids start gushing out everywhere, you're probably not having a good time.

Or you're having a really good time. You know, because fluids... Nevermind. I think the other one sees me.
I'm feeling a little more confident in my ability to smack them around, but I could also fall back and try to get the strategic advantage to smack it slightly better, maybe?
>>
No. 963274 ID: 89e851

>>963273
Naw, running charge into a golf swing.
>>
No. 963275 ID: dce46f

Smack that thing till it pops like a ripe watermelon!
>>
No. 963276 ID: b1b4f3

>>963273
KILLLLLLLL
>>
No. 963278 ID: b1525e

Get back to that corner/pillar so you can ambush the bug as it charges.
>>
No. 963279 ID: 0b8b86

>You know, because fluids...
Head out of the gutter you.
Try to lure the other one closer to you, fall back and attack it from a corner.
>>
No. 963302 ID: 977456

Yeah... they look good at jumping. I would try to lure it around a corner so it has to take a moment to turn to face you or shift its momentum or whatever.
>>
No. 963304 ID: 2aa5f0

smack the spud.
>>
No. 963305 ID: 6f7a5a

Kick it's ass! . . . with your metal rod.
seriously don't use your feet.
>>
No. 963307 ID: 5b0071

>>963273
pull back. find out if they have any sort of concern for each other.
they may eat their wounded.
>>
No. 963356 ID: e51896

don't get too conceited, fall back. You don't want these creatures to ruin your hoodie like they ruined your sweater or worst cause you to faint again
>>
No. 963412 ID: bf86a7

CHHHAAAAARRRRGGGE!
Run right at it at whack it
>>
No. 963415 ID: ca2950
File 158774534867.png - (160.18KB , 699x715 , lab24.png )
963415

It bunches up like it's about to jump, but when I duck back around the corner, it stops and shuffles down the hall toward me. Now that it can't draw a line to me, it can jump and when it comes around the corner, I start wailing on it. They're pretty terrible at being dangerous when you have something to hit them with and they don't get the jump on you.

This table leg isn't holding up. The horns on these things might be good for stabbing, but I'm pretty sure they're stuck on there pretty good.

I need a minute to let my heart rate get back into the double digits before I do anything. I'm kind of blanking out on a solid plan and I'm kind of being hit with the realization that something is going very badly here.
>>
No. 963416 ID: e51896

Take a moment to catch your breath, look at your surroundings and think

I think with a lot of monsters being near the lab, it probably isnt a good idea to go there yet with our weapon badly damaged. We need a stronger weapon.

For now lets take a detour to the administrative office and see if we can get something better to protect ourself with before continuing to the lab
>>
No. 963419 ID: 2aa5f0

I though the plan was to find a friendly face, hope they have a gun, and stick to them until they let you out of this crazy place.

As for a short term plan, I would recommend finding a new replacement weapon so you can defend yourself should something else start trying to chase you.
>>
No. 963423 ID: b1b4f3

Alright change of plans, go to admin office and see if you can get something more sturdy to hit things with.
>>
No. 963424 ID: 567477

If you're going to be fighting things that are that height, I think you should keep an eye to finding some pants.
>>
No. 963430 ID: aa3e1a

>>963415
As an alternative, we could try to access a low level lab (you know, the kind with the beakers, basic chemical storage, fume hood, corrosive-resistant tables, and not much else) and try to make some improvised weapons. Just taking some isopropyl alcohol, a small flask or lidded jar, a piece of cloth, and some matches can make molotov (or whomever it was named after in this universe) cocktails.
>>
No. 963434 ID: 0b8b86

>something is going very badly here
That is an understatment.
But your task still holds: find someone that can help you get out of here, armed if possible.
>>
No. 963438 ID: 6bdd00

>>963415
Keep an eye out for any other improvised weapons. Maybe drag around a lumpy-thing to toss at bigger things as a distraction
>>
No. 963485 ID: e51896

>>963415
>The horns on these things might be good for stabbing, but I'm pretty sure they're stuck on there pretty good

hmm, try stomping on it's head until the horn pops out or something? just be careful not to step on the horn itself.
>>
No. 963492 ID: e51896

>>963485
No wait! better idea!

grab one of the monsters, and carefully use it's horn on its head to cut off the other monster's horn, then we can have a nice sharp cutting tool, just need to stick it on something next for a weapon

maybe after that, do the same to the other monster with your new improvised cutting tool to have two sharp tools.
>>
No. 963741 ID: 15a025

>>963492
If we're willing to take the time to try this, it might be a good idea.
Regardless heading to the admin's office should be our goal.
>>
No. 963766 ID: b9f243

>>963492
Worth a try. Just remember to be aware of your surroundings and listen for noises while doing this. And keep in mind if we do manage to cut the horn(s) out of its heads, that these are short ranged weapons. We can probably try to make a makeshift spear with it later with proper tools though.

But yeah still the administrative offices is a good place to stop for a bit.
>>
No. 963827 ID: ca2950
File 158791322789.png - (275.55KB , 969x594 , lab25.png )
963827

Okay, I'm going to get one of these if I can, because I'm thinking about how boring offices are and how much trouble I might have finding something sufficiently pointy later on.

Just gonna grab on here and yank this thing off.
Hgh! I just have to kinda twist and pry and try not to get monster juice on my boots, until it starts to come off.

That is an unpleasant sound and even worse smell, but now I have a stabber. It is a little covered in connective tissue and some kind of gross ichor, which may or may not be hazardous in some way.
>>
No. 963828 ID: e51896

> It is a little covered in connective tissue and some kind of gross ichor, which may or may not be hazardous in some way.

lets try to find a place to sanitize it before you touch the blood.
>>
No. 963830 ID: 2aa5f0

yeah, while scavenging you may want to add a towel or some cloth to wrap around the base of the horn so you don't have to worry about touching anything nasty.
>>
No. 963839 ID: cdb7be

>>963827

Wow that's disgusting xD Make sure to keep your grip away from the pointed end otherwise you could get knocked out again and there might not be anybody to help this time. I would try to make a spear like >>963766 said, and potentially you could take the creature with you in the hopes that you could find a container to squeeze its venom into, which could help you subdue attackers faster with the spear.
>>
No. 963842 ID: 0b8b86

>It is a little covered in connective tissue and some kind of gross ichor, which may or may not be hazardous in some way.
We are going to need something to put around it to grab onto it. To pretect your hands.

You should keep moving.
>>
No. 963852 ID: 977456

In before "stabbing" them with their own "stabber" causes them to multiply.
>>
No. 963865 ID: e51896

>>963852
Ugh, I swear, if we kill one of them and they give birth to a swarm of them, we are nopeing the fuck outta there.
>>
No. 963897 ID: b1b4f3

Alright, spike acquired. Let's keep moving and find a supply closet or something for... supplies.
>>
No. 963905 ID: 094652

Don't let any contaminated water flow through the drain. If these things have alien spores, you do not want to spread them. Spill water if needed.

Get to a workshop and drill some grips into your new stabber.
>>
No. 964027 ID: ca2950
File 158804524420.png - (195.94KB , 995x677 , lab26.png )
964027

The office area is more unfamiliar than the school facilities, because I basically never have a reason to come here. I'm just kind of wandering.
Hopefully I can find a break room or janitor closet to scavenge some useful stuff from. I'm kind of pessimistic about what kind of effective tools I can make with what I'll find around here, while being really quiet and staying out of sight, but I makes me feel better to have something to hold, I guess.

I just want to know where these things are coming from. I don't think I actually want to be where they're coming from though.

Hmm... Nothing is out of place and everything seems quiet for the moment. Maybe I'm safe for once.
>>
No. 964028 ID: b1b4f3

>>964027
Check the computer.
>>
No. 964029 ID: e7c7d3

Check out what's on the monitor
>>
No. 964031 ID: edc959

Oh hey someone forgot to log off their computer. Also windows, do they face outside or are they just looking into a garden or something that’s surrounded by the building. Just want to see if we can see any of these things lurking outside for when we get out of here ourselves.
>>
No. 964035 ID: e51896

Before you check the computer, move the chairs in front of the openings leading into that that computer area. That way, if any monsters come in, you'll be able to hear them move the chairs giving you enough time to react.
>>
No. 964071 ID: 12b116

Those look like metal shutters over the windows that you probably can't open, but they're probably worth looking at. Also check the computer.
>>
No. 964092 ID: e51896

I just remembered, are there any vents in that computer room? might want to also consider being careful around those before we read the stuff on the computer.
>>
No. 964095 ID: 015bf2

>>964027
Keep your ears perked. Tiptoe around. Look around corners carefully, at a distance. Once you've cleared the area, go check out that monitor that seems to be on. Maybe there's a connection there you can use to get in touch with the outside world or a complex chat room or help system or anything.
>>
No. 964159 ID: ca2950
File 158811030620.png - (112.36KB , 1024x768 , lab27.png )
964159

I use the chairs to build a cubicle fort and go read the monitor. It a message asking for help and being vague about something coming to get them and a reply that says someone is coming to help. I wonder if the person is hiding nearby or if they got eaten or dragged off to be used as incubators for alien spore creatures.
>>
No. 964161 ID: 0fae41

Well, there's no signs of a fight, so they might in fact be hiding. Or they already got evacuated and you missed your chance.
>>
No. 964162 ID: b1b4f3

>>964159
I guess go looking? Except they might think you're a monster if you show up without any warning. Hmm. Well, don't stick your face into any hiding places I guess, and maybe quietly ask if anyone's nearby every now and then.
>>
No. 964163 ID: 652d0c

Any previous messages, or at least any documents on the computer that can give us info on wtf is happening?
>>
No. 964209 ID: 5b0071

>>964159
Send a new answer. Maybe you'll actually get rescued this time. Maybe add in that your original waiting spot got attacked and you had to flee.
>>
No. 964218 ID: b4abb9

Keep going, you are on the open. Any idea of where people might be?
>>
No. 964224 ID: 977456

I... Wow, just wow, I managed to only just now get the reference that the title was making.

>dragged off to be used as incubators for alien spore creatures.
You really need to know if this is enemy territory. If the poor helpless soul who was last here was brutally dragged away to be mercilessly ravaged by eldricht hordes, then surely even their futile struggles would have left some evidence? Lick the screen to check if it tastes of blood.
>>
No. 964243 ID: 48ff18

What does the text on the screen say? We can't understand what it says.
>>
No. 964244 ID: e51896

>>964243
check the discussion thread
>>
No. 964258 ID: 0359a9

>>964224
What reference? We should really be focusing on all the Biohazards around here.

Okay so send a quick "new person here, are you okay still?" Give it a minute and then go if they need help, avoid if you don't get anything
>>
No. 964339 ID: ca2950
File 158819481168.png - (113.72KB , 574x644 , lab28.png )
964339

I type a message telling them there's another person here. No answer immediately, so I look around to see if the original message author is hiding nearby.
The board room is dark and enclosed. I'd hide there if I was hiding, so I check in there.

It's perfectly quiet and ssssomETHING TOUCHED MY ANKLE!
>>
No. 964341 ID: b1b4f3

>>964339
Get up on the table and look to see what touched you.
>>
No. 964342 ID: 9c48ac

>>964339
Make sure it's not human before stabbing.
>>
No. 964343 ID: e7c7d3

Probably just some seaweed. Ignore it and move briskly further down the corridor
>>
No. 964347 ID: b4abb9

>>964339
Keep it down! Back off and see what touched you. If mosnter, run, if not, ask what the hell were they thinking!
>>
No. 964348 ID: 015bf2

>>964339
Don’t scream! It could attract attention. Back off and try to figure out if someone hiding was just trying to get your attention or if it was another alien thing.
>>
No. 964352 ID: 12b116

Kick it as hard as you possibly can
>>
No. 964354 ID: 2aa5f0

don't scream it might attract something, as for what to do get off the ground and try and see what touched you.
>>
No. 964362 ID: 094652

Begin hissing and jump on the table.
>>
No. 964402 ID: 35cc17

Probably someone hiding under the desk, back up a bit and verify, then say hi (or stab if needed)
>>
No. 964403 ID: e51896

If it was one of those monsters, you'd be dead by now. Most likely someone hiding...

...

kick?

naw, just kidding, support: >>964362
>>
No. 964404 ID: cdb7be

>>964339
I mean it could be the person as you describe hiding under the table, though if they saw it was another person coming in I would have thought they would have gotten your attention verbally rather than physically, so I would move away from the table and take a look under it.
>>
No. 964468 ID: 977456

>Begin hissing and jump on the table.
>>
No. 964556 ID: ca2950
File 158836038465.png - (96.73KB , 619x617 , lab29.png )
964556

In a masterful attempt to jump on the table, I throw myself backward into the wall and fall on the floor. At least I didn't drop the face spike, so I can still fight off whatever tried to grab me before I die horribly!
>>
No. 964557 ID: ca2950
File 158836074833.png - (140.53KB , 710x768 , lab30.png )
964557

"Doctor Salo, is that you? Is it safe to come out now? Are those weird things gone?"

She's barely holding it together and is obviously completely terrified and crying. Not like me. I'm perfectly fine, except I can't breathe and my heart is going to explode.
She also thinks I'm my mother, probably from similar color patterns, being super short and it's really dark.
>>
No. 964558 ID: 9046cd

>>964557
Quickly clarify your identity, explain you escaped here from an attack, then pool information and resources.

Resources include morale.

HUG SCIENTIST
>>
No. 964559 ID: d88d26

"They are still around. Fill me in with what you know."
>>
No. 964560 ID: d88d26

>>964558
Would she be more willing to tell us confidential information if she doesn't know we are one of the students?
How about not mentioning anything and letting her think we are Doctor Salo for as long as the misconception last.
>>
No. 964561 ID: dce46f

don't cry cry, then ask her what the hell is going on and if she's alright
>>
No. 964566 ID: c8996f

>>964558
This, but also tell her to calm down, the most important thing in an emergency situation is to remain calm.
>>
No. 964571 ID: 015bf2

Put a finger up to your mouth and shush her, then scamper closer and whisper-speak.

"Dr. Salo's my mom. I was getting ready to leave when I got attacked by one of those small things. I killed it, but fainted, then Mister Shaw found me. He told me to wait things out in the waiting room while he went to investigate, but the place got attacked by some big claw-hand thing so I snuck off to see if I could find anyone else. You're the first I've seen. Killed two more small things on the way here. They're pretty fragile."

"Do you know where mom is? Do you know how to get us past the lockdown? What are these things?"
>>
No. 964580 ID: 0359a9

Say who you are and hold her hand to calm her down. Maybe mention that grabbing people's legs might scare someone less brave than you. Once she's calmed down ask about what she knows, specifically about other people.
>>
No. 964581 ID: 0cc323

Well, in comparison, you are way more "in control", so, yeah, good job!
That por thing... ok, try to calm her down, Identify yourself. Once she is calm, you tell her that there are still things around.

You really need to find that guard now, you can't defend yourself AND another person.
>>
No. 964583 ID: 2aa5f0

hold up your hand to signal for her to give you a moment. Catch your breath. Ask who she is and what she's still doing here. Then ask what does she know about what's going on around here. Oh and to make her feel better let her know their is a solder here clearing out the monsters... somewhere, you're kinda looking for him.
>>
No. 964585 ID: 977456

... "Yes I am! Of course I am! And they are still around. But the little ones are no trouble. I am an old hand at it, been killing them all over! Just don't give them a line to jump at you and whack em with a pipe! Uhh... update me on the situation soldier!"
I mean, we presumably 'will' be Doctor Salo at some point in the near future, so we should get used to it!
>>
No. 964596 ID: e51896

First, angrily scold this woman for grabbing your leg instead of whispering for your attention. Seriously, who does that? She could of gotten herself hurt by us. A simple call could have sufficed especially with creatures about. Something tells me she doesnt have much common sense.

Other than that, tell her youre the daughter of doctor Salo, there was a gaurd here that you're trying to find, and oh yeah, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOIN' ON???
>>
No. 964709 ID: 977456

Has Ghostbusters taught you nothing? If somebody ask if you have a doctorate, you say Yes!
>>
No. 964734 ID: cdb7be

>>964571 Better, sultrily put your finger to her mouth to shush her After clarifying the situation and calming her down, ask if she knows if any of the research done here could have possibly led to this.
>>
No. 964736 ID: afcf7a

>>964557
don't pretend to be your mother, that'd be dumb and hard to maintain for very little gain, if any.
just say you're her daughter and that she SCARED THE FUCK OUT OF YOU HOLY SHIT DON'T GRAB PEOPLE'S ANKLES WHEN THERE ARE MURDER ANKLEBITERS RUNNING AROUND FUCK
>>
No. 964776 ID: ca2950
File 158851790427.png - (241.47KB , 780x724 , lab31.png )
964776

I'm just going to not volunteer that I'm not my mom and see if she spills something relevant, that way I'm not actually lying.

I hide under the table with her and tell her that grabbing people by the ankle when they're ankle grabbing aliens around is a bad way to get someone's attention.
She calms down into a sniffling mess.
"I'm sorry! I'm terrible and can't handle a crisis! I'm basically a glorified secretary and I'm probably not even good at that. I'm just glad it was you and not one of my superior officers," she sniffs. "You won't tell them will you? Maybe you should and they can drum me out of the service and I can go back to working on the family huark farm, so I don't cause anyone any more problems! I'd probably mess that up, too."

She doesn't seem to be a great source of information and seems to have some emotional baggage, too. That's not super helpful, but at least I'm not alone.
>>
No. 964777 ID: dbd72b

Administer headpats as needed and continue explorations
>>
No. 964778 ID: 42d7ff

>>964776
Might as well spill that you're not mom. You don't get much out of it, and trust is important to life or death scenarios. There is one thing she has over you, and that's an understanding of the layout that trumps yours. She can navigate much better than you can, and might know where things are.

You need weapons, or things that can be used as weapons. If there's no weapon cabinets, then either the kitchen or the janitor's closet are your best bet. Not joking about the janitor's closet, by the way, lot of useful stuff there - brooms and mops can be modified easily into long poles, if you're lucky there's bleach, etc. Finally, she might know where your family could be, or at least give you more options. You need to stay moving - scythey-boy proved that we can't really effectively hide at the moment.

You can share some info too. The small creatures are easily killed, even if they're creepy. The big scythe boys are slow to move, else they'd have caught you, and aren't very tenacious.
>>
No. 964779 ID: 015bf2

She can comfort herself with the fact that someone else must've screwed up way worse than she did today what with the monsters roaming the halls. What was she doing when this hit and how long was she planning to sit here, waiting for rescue?

Actually, wait, was that her at the monitor? Who was she messaging?
>>
No. 964780 ID: c8996f

Ask her if she blocked the vents in this room yet, if not, we should do that quickly, also, block any windows that can see into this room in case that claw beast has night vision and starts peaking through windows looking for us.
>>
No. 964781 ID: e51896

She's gonna be a liability to us, isn't she?

Well, she should be able to give us directions to different parts of the area at least if we take her with us.

Ask her:
where we can find a bathroom to clean the blood off our stabby weapon and disinfect it

If she knows the access code so we can escape this facility or if not, ask to lead us to an office she has access to so we can find something to craft our horn with to a spear or something, or any other items that we could find

And where did all these monsters came from?
>>
No. 964782 ID: 2aa5f0

give hug to help her calm down?

Ask what she knows about what's happening around here and why she's still here? I mean most people went home hours ago right?
>>
No. 964786 ID: d88d26

>>964778

What is up with this obsession with clarifying everything? This isn't a big deal and we don't get good will points for unconditional honesty. In fact revealing the true might worsen the situation because she is putting herself in a subordinate position and revealing her insecurities expecting reassurance. Whatever we say to comfort her will have less impact if she knows we have no authority and her shameful display may be even less appropriate if done to a student that shouldn't be here.


So reassure her. Tell her she did nothing wrong, we will be alright and she can go home after the situation cam down if this is what she want.
After operation headpats is completed as her what she saw. It would be great if she could describe in advance any creature we haven't encountered yet and how they seem to behave.
>>
No. 964791 ID: 12b116

>>964786
Basically second this, and also think about how hot she is and how much you want to do makeouts with her.
>>
No. 964792 ID: 89fd87

Pat head.
Explain to her that you are not your mother but her daughter. You can tell each other your life's struggles later, right now you need to go and find a safer place, or a way to get out of here. Does she know where can you find a code for that locked door?
>>
No. 964801 ID: afcf7a

>>964776
Yay, we have gained 1 Cannon Fodder
>>
No. 964804 ID: dce46f

Give her a little reassuring shoulder squeeze and tell her nobody could blame her for being upset in a situation like this. Also she's gonna realize you're not your mother the moment she calms down so you may as well point that out now.
>>
No. 964836 ID: 977456

Wow, she is huge. Go for a hug, they can be surprisingly calming. Then ask where she thinks everyone would be right now.
>>
No. 964841 ID: 6f7a5a

don't reveal that you are not your mother see ho long it takes for her to figure it out,
could be funny
>>
No. 964898 ID: 0359a9

Wonder if hearing you say nothing she has done could be as bad as unleashing monsters. Either it'll help her or reveal she did actually release the monsters!

Anyway, you get nothing from not telling her the truth. Hell, it could shock her out of her self-deprecation if it really surprised her. A little bit of saying not dying is actually pretty good crisis management and maybe we can get some Intel out of her.
>>
No. 964926 ID: ca2950
File 158861220615.png - (176.68KB , 828x768 , lab32.png )
964926

I crawl out from under the table and she follows. There's not really any point hiding under there for now if there's no monsters around.
"I'm actually Keimi Salo, though. Nui Salo is my mother. I have no idea what's going on, but I killed some of those things on the way here, so maybe we'll be okay."

I'll leave out the part about barely being able to handle the first one that surprised me and the giant blade monster for now.
She looks kind of disheartened, but I can't tell if it's from what I said or just the general state of affairs.

"Oh. Sorry. I'm Alma. Ensign Alma Harjula."

"Sooo... Do you have a weapon or something? Martial arts training? Arca techniques?"

She finally snaps back to reality.
"Ah, yes. I don't have any weapons, but I technically learned the basics at the academy. I've been doing office work since then, so I think I'm going to be rusty."

Maybe she won't be completely useless, but all this talk about my mom has me wondering if she's still working late through all this. I've even lost track of time to the point I don't know how late it actually is.
I think I like being attacked by monsters better than standing around with time to think about everything that can be going wrong. This office should have a break room, so I can prep this horn into an actual weapon.

I still haven't found that lieutenant. I wonder where he got to.
>>
No. 964927 ID: 0fae41

Duct taping a handle on would be a start. Search this room for what you can to arm yourselves.
>>
No. 964937 ID: b1b4f3

Go to the break room and prep the horn. Maybe get another table leg too?
>>
No. 964942 ID: c8996f

Alma looks exhausted, she should probably take a nap while we work our spike into a spear or some other kinda useful weapon.
>>
No. 964964 ID: 89fd87

>>964927
I second this. A handle would help greatly at not injuring yourself.
>>
No. 964965 ID: d4eb2d

Bring the chairs with you. You can basically slide across the room with them, put items in the seats, push them against enemies, etc.
>>
No. 965002 ID: 2aa5f0

might as well see if their are any snacks for you to pilfer while in the brake room. Figure someone left food in there.
>>
No. 965026 ID: 977456

If they keep the tools for dismantling the chairs in a service room or something then you might be able to salvage the pillar from one and wedge the spike into it.
>>
No. 965104 ID: cdb7be

>>964926

I was meaning to ask before, but she surely can't be a 'glorified secretary' if she's been given that decent looking labcoat, I would try to determine what capabilities she actually has in case she does have some relevant/useful skills underneath all that awful self esteem.
>>
No. 965138 ID: 0359a9

Use the break room to upgrade the horn. While you're doing that ask the ensign if she knows whether your mom is here or not. Then you could probably find something in there to give to her as a makeshift weapon as you go to find your mom, the officer, and/or the code to leave.
>>
No. 965270 ID: ca2950
File 158873709078.png - (98.51KB , 843x670 , lab33.png )
965270

There's not much useful material to make weapons out of, but I made this horn beak claw thing into a makeshift knife, using just a towel and this knife.

This area seems safer than where I came from, but I did take the long way around, so I'm actually farther from the lab complex than when I started, so most of the things might not have reached us yet if they're spilling out of there.
>>
No. 965275 ID: 9c48ac

>>965270
>Made a knife... using this knife
Ok, well, you might as well give one of them to Alma. Your choice which. Keep an eye out for a handle and attachment to develop KNIFE into SPEAR.

And, I dunno, ask Alma how we might get out of here when the main door's locked?
>>
No. 965278 ID: 18411d

Well if this place is safe it might not be to bad of an idea to fortify this place a little and use it as a fallback point Incase things get too crazy near the labs.
>>
No. 965280 ID: b1b4f3

>>965270
...are there more knives? What's in the cabinets?
>>
No. 965303 ID: 0359a9

Stare at the knife for a second, let the realization flow through you. Then give it to Alma as if you planned to do that from the start. Who knows, maybe your custom weapon will turn out to be more effective against the monsters.

Ask about your mom's whereabouts.
>>
No. 965306 ID: 210fd0

You just made a knife with another knife... OK, now you got two. Don't know if you should give one to Alma tho. Your call.
Ask her where you should go from here, you are kinda going blind here. If she doesn't know, keep going forward yo our original destination.
>>
No. 965309 ID: 015bf2

>>965270
Ask if Alma wants the other knife or if you're going to be dual-wielding.

Secure a few nutrient packages from cupboards (if any), in case you will have to hole up somewhere. If there's drinks available, might as well have some and visit the loo to freshen up while you're at it (and to prevent any... unfortunate accidents later on). Buddy system for toilet visits, though! Good thing you're both girls.

After that, head back towards the lab unless Alma has a better clue what to do (doubtful). Tell her your reasoning: if stuff is happening close to the lab that's where all the people with guns and combat training is going to be. You are not safe without those people and you don't know who else can break the lockdown on your behalf, so... to the labs you go. If you meet opposition you can't beat, you'll retreat and try to hunker down.

Maybe leave a post-it note at Alma's workdesk if anyone actually comes to the workstation to fetch her - "Place not secure, left with Keimi the younger to look for security near labs."
>>
No. 965310 ID: 977456

Imagine how weird it would be if you had another finger.

Debrief time! Come clean about your awesome adventures of awesomeness in which you slew terrorhoppers by the dozen and nimbly outsmarted a praying mantis even taller than your own mighty self... Then beat a report on the situation out of her.
>>
No. 965343 ID: 094652

Look around for a bag to put all this stuff in - trash bags will suffice. Then get even more knives, give the rookie your stinger shiv.
>>
No. 965606 ID: ca2950
File 158886388930.png - (203.75KB , 948x749 , lab34.png )
965606

I know the knife is an actual knife. It's just that kitchen knives, especially the kind you find in office break rooms are not really meant for vigorous melee combat. The spike shiv is definitely more durable.

Alma is bigger, so she should probably have the better weapon. I don't know which one she'd find more effective, so I ask her which one she wants.

"I don't need either of them, because I'm not fighting those things. We just need to stay in a safe place until this can be dealt with," she says, gesturing wildly. "This isn't a video game. You can't just run around hitting monsters with a pipe like in Quiet Hummock."

"It's more like Organic Peril, though."

She ignores me and goes to sit down.
"The security forces will deal with this and everything will be fine. Wandering around without a purpose will only get you in trouble."

This room is more secure than the resource room, but also more cramped and bottlenecked.

>ask about your mom's whereabouts
I ask Alma if she knows where my mom might be.
"If she's here, she'd be in the lab. She might have gone home before this started. I had to finish a financial report for this quarter and the last time I looked at a clock it was 2630 and that was I don't know how long ago now. It has to be after midnight by now."

>look around for a bag to put all this stuff in

I don't see anything I'd need a bag to carry and if I did, I probably wouldn't need it. Not to mention that a big sack of junk is really going to hurt my chances of sneaking up on anything.

>leave a note on Alma's workstation

That reminds me that I sent that message a while ago.
>>
No. 965609 ID: e51896

your both wrong. It is actually more like the game "50%-Existence"

anyway, What an idiot she is.
Just drop the knife next to where she is sitting regardless and insist that it is better that she has a knife and not need to have to use it than to be defenseless and risk having one of those creatures somehow sneak in here and eat her. forcefully hand it to her if you have to.
>>
No. 965610 ID: 0055dc

>>965606

Sit on her face to calm her down
>>
No. 965614 ID: e2f5cc

>the last time I looked at a clock it was 2630
Wait, what? Do you not use a 24 hour clock?

Either way though, it's probably a good idea to take a quick peek at the computer you sent the message from, since it's not far from where you are now right?
>>
No. 965621 ID: 12b116

You need to shock her out of her current ridiculous mindset so she knows how serious this situation is.

Shove her on the ground, take off your panties, and tell her she can either see your perspective on the situation, or see her asshole because you're going to sit on her face until she sees reason.
>>
No. 965624 ID: e7c7d3

If it's like Organic Peril, check for a typewriter and a large box. See if this room is safe. Otherwise, we may have to leave Alma here. She don't got big gun that does the shooty shooty. Plus, I suspect she's the type of personality that when we leave she'll crack and come rushing towards us for a source of confidence and sanity.

Though I'm not against below the waist negotiations.
>>
No. 965650 ID: b1b4f3

>>965606
Tell her the last time you sat and waited, a monster broke into your supposed safe room. A monster with giant blades for hands. You got away by leaving through a different exit. Does she want to wait for the monster with giant blades for hands, when there's only one way out of the room?

I don't! Leave her behind if she won't come with.
>>
No. 965652 ID: 210fd0

While it is true that moving around increases the chances of encountering monsters, you standing in one place increases the chances of them finding you first, giving them the upper hand. Last time you tried to stay put, a monster almost cut you in half. This is not the time for stillness.
And i agree that going out of our way to kill things i a risk, but having less aggressors will help in the long run. If we have a chance to get rid of them, we should take it.
>>
No. 965659 ID: 011c70

Check exactly how much more secure this room is, while explaining that monsters can break through glass. And not just flimsy inner-door glass, outer-window glass that should by all means be break-retardant double-glazing.

So check for windows, check for large vents, and if the room is good, shut the lights and hide to avoid drawing attention. If not... explain why it isn't like she's five.
>>
No. 965671 ID: 0359a9

Either the security team has already handled the situation or they failed, because if they were Handling it, present tense, we'd be hearing a lot more gunfire, shouting, etc. Unless this place is huge and pretty soundproof.

Either way, tell her you're going to find out if your mom is here, then find the code to the door and leave. And if the security team sucked at securing the place, that's her best option too.
>>
No. 965672 ID: 015bf2

Check on monitor, tell supposed adult that holing up could be suicide if the situation gets worse or you’re plain unlucky. You didn’t want to scare her, but there was a monster the size of you that you only managed to shake because your waiting area had multiple points of egress.

A hefty lead pipe would actually have been rather helpful back then...
>>
No. 965676 ID: bb78f2

>>965606
You should point out the fact that security already failed you when they thought they put you in a safe place. Had you not fought back with a desperately improvised weapon, you'd probably be dead.

Security is not up to snuff, and they are not a magical omnipresence that can save you at the last second. Your reliance on potentially incompetent forces is significantly more dangerous than being an active participant in your own safety. Take the weapon as a backup, or you might die, Alma. The worst possible thing you can do right now is get cornered in this room by a swarm of the damn things.
>>
No. 965688 ID: 2aa5f0

tell her you're moving around not because you find it fun but because last time you were told to stay still you figured you'd get a nap in only to have that ruined when one of those bug things that was twice as tall as you and had sword hands about half as long as you are tall broke into the room. After that you tried to leave only to find the building is locked down. Now you figure your best bet is to find one of the solder guys you ran into earlier and hope that they can let you out or at least stick next to someone with an actual weapon as your pretty sure that if mister sword hands comes by again he could probably force his way in here... hence why you want to find someone with a gun.

On the topic of security ask if she's blocked all the air vents in here because the potato looking things can use those to move around.
>>
No. 965710 ID: c98691

>>965676
This, basically.

Look around for entry points - vents and windows - as you talk. Scavenge. Don't venture far, people like her tend to die the moment you stop watching them.
>>
No. 965724 ID: 9e3bd6

>>965614
Bold of you to assume there are only 24 hours in a day.
>>
No. 965764 ID: ca2950
File 158894739454.png - (200.18KB , 904x694 , lab35.png )
965764

Getting caught in a closed in area without any proper way of defending ourselves will be a huge problem.
I'm going to keep moving and maybe find some place that's actually safe or a way to get out of here. Figuring out what's going on would be nice, too.

I slink back out to the office floor and check if there's a response to my message.

"Remain in position until situation resolution."

Sounds like that Lieutenant guy. I saw how well that plan worked out last time. Moving around carefully and squashing the little hoppers whenever it's convenient will help prevent getting swarmed. I just wish people would leave guns lying around, loaded. It would be really helpful right now.

>sit on her face to calm her down
>tell her she can either see your perspective on the situation, or see her asshole because you're going to sit on her face until she sees reason
>I'm not against below the waist negotiations

Wait, wut? Nevermind.

> bold of you to assume there are only 24 hours in a day
There's obviously 30 hours in a day.
>>
No. 965767 ID: dbd72b

"Is that you, Shaw? Are you the only one they sent? Staying didn't work. There's a big one."
>>
No. 965769 ID: 2aa5f0

ok so let's do a quick run down on how fucked the building currently is. Offices seem to be fairly safe but does kinda leave you venerable if things do decide they want to come say hi. The classrooms (I'm guessing that's where you came from) currently have mister swords for hands over that way so probably safe to say that part of the building is pretty much fucked. Labs might be worse but at least to our knowledge that's also the only spot in the building where we could find people with guns who can shoot the monsters so not all bad. Also your mom might be there. So what's left of the building then? Is there somewhere that would let us view the building's security cameras so we can figure where all the scary shit is... does this place even have cameras? I haven't really seen any but then again it's not like I've been looking.
>>
No. 965775 ID: 210fd0

>There's obviously 30 hours in a day.
Your planet is wierd.

>>965767
Yeah, pretty much. Tell him that these monsters are actively trying to find people, staying in one place is just asking to meet them with your pants down.
>>
No. 965776 ID: e51896

tell him that the place you stayed at earlier got invaded by a giant monster and you moved to a break room with someone named Alma

speaking of Alma, please tell me you at least left a knife for her to use despite her protesting against using one.
>>
No. 965780 ID: a0dfd2

>>965606

I must ask: is absolute territory a part of the dress code?
>>
No. 965781 ID: 9e3bd6

>>965775
Not really? I mean, even in our own solar system, days are vastly different lengths depending on the planet or moon. Jupiter has a day just shy of 10 hours for instance, and on the other end Venus has a day that lasts 2802 hours.

>>965767
Lets reply with something along these lines, although maybe leaving out the name and giving some specific units of measurement. I am making some assumptions that could be incorrect, but if a chef knife is generally 20cm, that would mean you are about 160ish, and your friend around 180ish, give or take 5. That would mean the monster thing is about as tall or maybe a bit taller than our companion, with 30ish cm beak, and 45ish cm blades for arms, along with enough strength to break through what was likely breach and radiation-proof, double layered glass (if not stronger). (used a combination of the knife, our sleeves, and the window where the thing broke through, to find those measurements. Actual measurements may vary.)
>>
No. 965788 ID: 9c48ac

>>965767
I'm against calling the guy out by name; it's equally likely that this is the force's policy. Just say "That didn't work last time. Big fucker broke the window open about three seconds after I was left alone. Can we please get to a more secure place at least."
>>
No. 965950 ID: 5b0071

>>965764
warn them about the mantis that can break glass, at least. They may reconsider how safe you are in there.
>>
No. 966023 ID: 15a025

Sitting around twiddling our fingers isn't safe. There's a giant mantis thing out for our blood right now!
>>
No. 966030 ID: ca2950
File 158907549794.png - (150.28KB , 959x624 , lab36.png )
966030

I tell Alma that whoever is on the other end is telling us to sit tight, but I'm going to keep trying to find Lieutenant Shaw, because he has a gun and might know what's going on. If anything, he can take us somewhere safe where everyone can explain things and we can play board games until soldiers with flamethrowers purge all the problems and I can go home with a large pile of government hush money.

I also mention that I have no interest in staying in a cramped room with nothing but a press board table and a few uncomfortable plastic chairs to shove between myself and that big blade monster, if it shows up again.
She doesn't really seem okay with the fact that there are other, bigger monsters roaming around. I am a little worried about how loud and panicky she is. On the bright side, she'll definitely attract everything to herself in a pinch, leaving me clear to make a break for it.

I also typed in a quick message saying I was going to look for the armed soldier that was with me, since monsters broke into my secure location.

Time to get back on course. Alma is mid-breakdown. I guess I'll find out if she wants to go to when I start walking out.

>you are about 160ish, and your friend around 180ish

Ha. I wish. I'm 143cm, so she's probably about 160 to 170, roughly.
Dad was unable to overcome the power of Mom's shortness in the battle of genetics.
But I get to be adorable, so I will accept the trade off of needing a stepladder for everything.
>>
No. 966035 ID: 99d5e0

Omg woman, pinched her ass and tell her to shut up, she is going to get you killed.
>>
No. 966039 ID: b1b4f3

>>966030
Tell her if she screams one more time you're leaving her behind.
Then get going and hope she follows.
>>
No. 966040 ID: bb78f2

Tell Alma to get her act together, there's no need to scream or shout when nothing is about to attack her.

Someone your senior should inspire you, not discourage you, gosh.
>>
No. 966052 ID: 2aa5f0

give her a few pats on the back or something to calm her down. Ask if she wants to stay here or not. Also if she's staying ask what the number you'd need to call to call this office? I mean maybe check to see if the phones are still working but I know buildings like this usually have all their phones designed to only call other phones in the building unless you press a certain number first but if the phones are still working we could use them to make sure this area is still safe if thing get to hairy up ahead and we're forced to turn back.
>>
No. 966072 ID: ca2950

There's a discussion thread here https://talehole.com/kusaba/questdis/res/132627.html for questions that aren't related to the immediate in-quest situation.
Or you can post questions in ITQ that will be less likely to be answered, but might have pictures and stuff.
>>
No. 966086 ID: 015bf2

As sorry as I feel for Alma - and the fact that she probably started this crisis mentally worn by feeling ill suited for her job and was apparently on some serious overtime - she currently has the mental fortitude of a ten-year-old on a day trip and the survival instincts of a serial killer movie extra. Bringing her with us will bring us a ton of trouble.

... but if we leave her here to die, we'll feel bad about it later. Friggin' empathy.

Since poking her with your monster-tranq knife and stowing her into a cupboard is probably a bad idea, just tell her that she can either follow you - quietly - or stay here and blubber, attracting the attention of goodness knows what.
>>
No. 966096 ID: 15a025

Tell a little white lie for the sake of both of your survival. Tell her the creatures are ultra sensitive to sound.
>>
No. 966099 ID: 977456

This is an office, there must be loose papers around. Crumple one up and stuff it in her gaping mouth before some giant spider-caterpillar hybrid falls into there. Inform her of that likely alternative if she takes issue with your conduct. Then hold her hand and pull her along behind you, I can't see her resisting.
>>
No. 966139 ID: c98691

>>966086
>just tell her that she can either follow you - quietly - or stay here and blubber, attracting the attention of goodness knows what.

Pretty much this. Once we show these things can be killed relatively easily, she should calm own some. Hopefully.
>>
No. 966144 ID: ca2950
File 158913311804.png - (107.39KB , 1024x768 , lab37.png )
966144

I try to quiet her down, but right out in the hall is the sound of fleshy scuttling coming toward us.

I am not responsible for this and I will be super upset if I die. These things seem to be slowly increasing in population. Why couldn't this happen somewhere people just leave guns lying around?
>>
No. 966145 ID: e2f5cc

"Alma if we don't get going right now I am going to trip you."
>>
No. 966147 ID: 921d23

>>966144
Stompy stompy, stabby stabby.

Lead by doing. Stay calm, show her there's nothing to fear EXCEPT MAYBE YOU IF SHE DOESN'T GET WITH THE FUCKING PROGRAM
>>
No. 966161 ID: afcf7a

>>966145
"Alma if we don't get going right now I am going to strip you."
>>
No. 966163 ID: cdb7be

>>966144
I really want to find out where the fuck these things are coming from so at least we can plan things out, instead of just continuously trying to wait out the moment while they potentially reach numbers to overwhelm us. I think even though this woman seems kind of useless in response to danger, it isn't really reasonable to just let someone die if we can do something about it (of course with us surviving in the process).

Because these things jump and others have long reach I think you could really do with affixing your sharp things to long objects (I mean you removed a table leg before, so I don't see why you couldn't again), that might also calm Alma down knowing that she has that degree of protection. Also having long stabby/slicey weapons instead of blunt force weapons will really increase their longevity.

So with your knowledge of the building from being a student and Alma's knowledge from doing office work, you can probably navigate fairly easily, and change course to avoid danger etc. We *still* have no idea if this is an internal or external problem, so we need to investigate the lab to clear up that issue (but carefully/stealthily, you may need to crawl though the ventilation to investigate because if it is the former then it may be completely overrun. Of course you may well still need to defend yourself if you did go through the vents, but at least the smaller space limits the number of possible assailants at any one time).
>>
No. 966166 ID: 6f7a5a

>>966161
This
>>
No. 966167 ID: b1b4f3

>>966144
This is a bad tactical situation. You won the last battle easily, because you had the element of surprise and there were only two. Now there are three and they know where you are.

Personally I would suggest putting the table up against the open doorway so they can't see you as easily, and wait for them to jump/climb over it so you can stab them. Or your new companion can stomp them.
Oh, tell her you can just heal her if she gets hurt.
>>
No. 966171 ID: bb78f2

>>966144
roll for intimidation
reveal your dangerous club and look as menacingly as possible
In fact, if you can generate the katakana for Menacing in mid-air behind you, there's no better time for that exact, very specific skill
>>
No. 966174 ID: 99d5e0

>>966144
You really like guns, do you?

These things are multiplying or they were already here, both things are bad.

We need to avoid them or get rid of them. but with miss panic attack is going to be troublesome.

Should we use her as bait and shank those things from behind?
>>
No. 966211 ID: ca2950
File 158921696410.png - (168.99KB , 766x768 , lab38.png )
966211

>should we use her as bait and shank those things from behind?

Better her than me. I tell her to cover me and she actually manages to take one out with an arca shot.
I can't actually get a good hit on any of them and have to dodge these things trying to stab me. I do finally manage to shank the thing with one of their own horns and yellowy blood stuff oozes out onto the floor.
Alma finishes off the last one and we're safe again, for the moment.

"See? I told you they weren't a big deal," I tell her, trying to hide that my heart is pounding out of my chest from almost getting stabbed twice in rapid succession.

She like she might be a little less panicky, but also seems a little more winded than she should be. She's probably not used to late night fights to the death with monsters.
That went way smoother than I expected. I don't even need to patch anything up.
>>
No. 966214 ID: c8996f

Grab a corpse, if a bigger one comes we might be able to get it to eat the easy meal of the corpse instead of us.
>>
No. 966219 ID: 99d5e0

Good. Keep moving. take one mitute, then keep searching for the soldier.

Tel her to not overuse whatever abilities your race has, it will exhaust her.
>>
No. 966223 ID: 977456

Don't speak, you can't hide your panic through words. Just throw a thumbs-up, a vertical finger to your lips, and then keep moving with your back to her so she can't see your face.
>>
No. 966226 ID: 2aa5f0

catch breath and then start to move forward carefully. Would kinda suck if you ran into an ambush set up by the spuds.
>>
No. 966261 ID: e25d3f

>>966211
>more winded
I think it is just the lighting, but she looks like she was hit in the back earlier but hid it with her coat; the back of which seems to be soaked in blood.
>>
No. 966297 ID: e51896

>>966261
Most likely the lighting, but it is important to check especially since we can heal.

Tell her to strip because you might have seen an injury she is trying to hide that you can patch up.
>>
No. 966312 ID: 5b0071

>>966211
She may have been injured when she first learned about these things and had to heal herself, like you did. She might have been hurt badly.

Or maybe she's just really bad at using arca shots and she's exhausted.

.. can You do arca shots?
>>
No. 966313 ID: 094652

Give her a friendly lick as a compliment
>>
No. 966315 ID: 0359a9

Next time you'll need to step it up so she has to use less stamina, considering how useful she is. Taking turns on that'll probably keep you both going for longer. At least until you find the guard, then he can be bait.

Go slow until she's caught her breath.
>>
No. 966376 ID: 977456

She's probably infected. She'll look great as a scropper.
>>
No. 966695 ID: ca2950
File 158952002504.png - (282.59KB , 1024x768 , lab39.png )
966695

I wait a minute for Alma to catch her breath and we keep moving, finally reaching the doors to the lab area.

There's red around here that's definitely not the lighting and there's more things squeezing out from inside. I think we found our source.

The door is ajar enough for them to fit through, which makes me worry whether there's a bunch more of those larger, stabby things that just haven't bothered to squeeze out.

>She may have been injured
Alma is fine and not bleeding or anything.

>can you do Arca shots
I sure can not. I wish I could right about now, though.
>>
No. 966696 ID: b1b4f3

>>966695
Hmm, okay, how about you two start killing those things, and once there's none left on this side of the gate you can try to get the door closed.
>>
No. 966698 ID: e7c7d3

Well, it seems this is a problem that'll require more than a stabby stick and a cute kitty companion. Clear these few and see if the door works. If not, might have to heave something nearby to block it.
>>
No. 966703 ID: 18411d

How many more bolts does your partner have in her? Because if she can clear out two of those things and gang up on the last one you should be fine.

As for the room, might not hurt to peek inside and see what you can see but it might be smarter to just start closing the door to keep more of those things getting out. Or worse some of the bigger things from getting out.
>>
No. 966713 ID: 094652

Squish them carefully this time. And do not scream.
>>
No. 966715 ID: dbd72b

This has a lot of potential to go wrong and we have no real reason to push it.

Activate Nope Protocols (go somewhere else, preferably quietly)
>>
No. 966717 ID: e2f5cc

Don't take any unnecessary risks but try to merk this batch of shitty scrotums and see if you can close the door. In the likely event you can't at least try to blockade the opening, or make it noisy when they come through
>>
No. 966719 ID: cdb7be

Judging by the door position I'd assume there was originally some kind of obstruction and it subsequently lost power (though interesting that the keypad is still powered). I guess I'd check to see if the keypad does anything if you can get rid of the creatures fast/long enough to try.

If the door doesn't work I'd look around to see if there might be anything big like a vending machine that you can try to push in front of it. Considering the fact that the keypad still has power and the presence of those scythe hand creatures, I'd imagine actual cabling has been damaged so the door itself may not be closable right now.

Also unless there's a security room with CCTV that you can access, I'm still for investigating via the ventilation system.
>>
No. 966783 ID: 977456

Lure this batch around a corner and gank them. If the corridor refills then you wouldn't have had time to close the door anyway.
>>
No. 966805 ID: afcf7a

>>966695
what's the point of airlocks if you don't keep them closed!?
>>
No. 966821 ID: ee1d44

I really hope that your mom wasn't in there.

I think you have to retreat. Quikly.
>>
No. 966844 ID: 15a025

See if Alma can't get a few more shoots out. If you can take these three out and no more appear at the door, try and take a quick little peek.
>>
No. 967511 ID: ca2950
File 159017711229.png - (259.95KB , 795x768 , lab40.png )
967511

Alma hits one of the hopper things and it explodes into some goo, but it doesn't collapse.
The one hiding in the crack of the door responds by spraying a fluid out of a weird face tube.

'Ah! It burns!'

This is bad. Our offensive abilities are bad to start with and now we don't even get to keep the ranged advantage.

'Are you alright?'
Alma staggers back and we hurry out of range.
'I don't know. It stings.'

>what's the point of airlocks if you don't keep them closed!?
I think that's part of the problem here, yes.

>I really hope that your mom wasn't in there
If she's working late tonight, she's in the area where they keep all the firepower. They don't stick the rifles in the janitor's closet for the gradeschoolers to play with.

I don't know if we should keep fighting or run until we can deal with this in a better way. Everything was kind of going alright until now.
>>
No. 967514 ID: e2f5cc

Well if you already backed off a bit, might as well cut your losses and hoof it out of there to find some water and/or medical supplies to wash off the goo on Alma.
>>
No. 967515 ID: b1b4f3

>>967511
Welp. Without the range advantage this is not a good fight. You're gonna want to come back with guns.
Let's head to the offices. Stop by a bathroom first to wash off that acid.
>>
No. 967516 ID: e05ad0

Withdraw and treat Alma's wound.
>>
No. 967520 ID: 6f7a5a

there's only 3 of them! press the advantage!
>>
No. 967521 ID: 5877dc

>>967520
I know what you're after, and I will support it :B
>>
No. 967543 ID: 977456

Yikes! I certainly hope that is a synthetic uniform, because if it does that to organic matter... Retreat and get her washed off with all available haste.
>>
No. 967551 ID: 094652

Yeah, retreat and heal. Stay away from this area until you get shields and guns.

Preferably a flamethrower.
>>
No. 967553 ID: 2aa5f0

ok so now we need something to use as a shield for future engagement since they now can hit at range and we really can't. Although looking closer now spit-y has his spikes horizontally alined while the jumpers have their spikes alined vertically.

oh yeah, try to fall back and see if you can't lure the hopers away from the spitter and just ambush them around a corner like you did to those other 2 earlier. then find something to use as a shield to get close enough to the spitter to crush the damn thing.
>>
No. 967565 ID: 5b0071

>>967511
withdraw and fix her if you can. if her arm falls of she's gonna get real annoying.
>>
No. 967579 ID: 015bf2

Yell at her to rip off the right sleeve, retreat and mop off the liquid - better the liquid melt cloth than seep into fur and skin.

Rush forward and punt or avoid the un-wounded bug - the bigger big is stuck, and it just spewed its load, so you have a perfect opportunity to come in from the side and stab what is effectively an immobilized foe in its head.
>>
No. 967601 ID: 7508c4

>>967511
retreat for now and treat her injuries. it'll be 2 on 1 until you do and they've got range.
>>
No. 967605 ID: dbd72b

Reiterating the "this is pointless, go somewhere else," just adding in to find wherever they'd have a first aid kit, and maybe see if you can get that goo off in the meantime. preferably without touching it.
>>
No. 967658 ID: 15a025

Probably best to make a tactical retreat. We need to find some guns to shoot these things with or get something that goop isn't going to burn through and use it as a shield.
>>
No. 967664 ID: 977456

Just to be clear: Are these disturbingly-shaped creatures with clothing-destruction spray and temporary-incapacitation venom? And they were making these underneath a school? What exactly has your mother been trying to make down here?
>>
No. 967665 ID: 015bf2

>>967664
It's a research base so large that it has unintentionally become a small research city over a few decades. Details are in one of the early posts.

Keimi's 'campus' is a variety of rooms squeezed in-between different lab complexes.

And now also bug monster hell.
>>
No. 968261 ID: d186fc

>>967511
Don't wash the acid off. It could get washed onto one of you. Without knowing what it is made of, we can't neutralize it and will have to take drastic action. Cut off her shirt sleeve, and then cut off the skin that was exposed to the stuff. A good centimeter in should do, and only use the knife. This is going to hurt a lot, but since you can heal injuries, this is the best way to prevent any long term effects. Simply healing the burn damage without removing the skin will only heal the injury, meaning the acid will just burn right through the healed skin again.
>>
No. 968795 ID: ca2950
File 159112959365.png - (213.13KB , 848x631 , lab41.png )
968795

We manage to escape the creatures and return to the break room to get Alma cleaned off as quickly as possible. Her breathing and heart rate are elevated and she seems a little distressed, but she doesn't seem to be dying or anything.

"Are you feeling alright?" I ask her.

"I think so. It feels a bit achy. Hot... cold... numb... tired," she says, starting to trail off.
The spitting one probably has a similar venom to the spiky one that knocked me out, but Alma has about twice my body mass, so hopefully she'll be able to shrug it off.

Now I'm down a convenient ranged attack and someone to watch my back until she recovers.
What can I even do now? The monsters are actually dangerous and I don't want to die of walking meat sack invasion.
>>
No. 968797 ID: 5877dc

Suck the poison out of her.
>>
No. 968798 ID: 0055dc

fuck the poison out of her
>>
No. 968799 ID: e2f5cc

Don't you have healing science? Or is that on cooldown. Either way you're clearly unequipped to deal with the headcrabs alone right now so you should search for like a stick and duct tape or something to make a spear with your knife
>>
No. 968801 ID: e957c9

What can we do to heal her? There should be a first aid kit around here.

We need to avoid more monsters, at least try to avoid confronting them directly. Like we've been doing. Look somewhere else that place is a nono. Unles you can make a flamethrower.
>>
No. 968802 ID: b1b4f3

>>968795
Find a position you can fortify and fortify it. Make sure it has two exits though.
>>
No. 968803 ID: 015bf2

>>968795
You could use the computer to send a message about the location of the breach in the quarantine, mention the sacks, spitters and scythe-hands in detail.

And stuff your friend in a cupboard to sleep it off while you keep an eye out for scythe-hands and sack-monsters.
>>
No. 968809 ID: 2aa5f0

fall back to previous safe position and try to figure out a plan B
>>
No. 968843 ID: 864e49

>>968795
We need to stop her from passing out. Can you give her your magic healies? Any med kits? Coffee? Cold water?
And if you can't keep her awake at least try take her somewhere safe.

>>968798
It just might work!
>>
No. 968848 ID: 094652

>>968797
>>968798
This and find a venom pump. Or another kind of pump.
>>
No. 968851 ID: dbd72b

>>968802
This. We need to see if this is going to get better or worse
>>
No. 968854 ID: adb916

>>968795 Lewd. I have nothing productive to say.
>>
No. 968893 ID: 977456

See if you can find some random shrubs lying around hidden in completely incongruous places that you can mix into a poultice. Just be certain not to use any plants that you recognise, only creepy alien ones can be miracle cures. Do you have any bubble-wrap that you could spread around the floor to hear if any critters are approaching?
>>
No. 968897 ID: e51896

She said she was cold. Give her your coat. It might not fit her well, but its better than nothing. Make sure that all that clothing dissolving fluid is cleaned off of her first though, it'll suck if your coat got damaged.
>>
No. 968943 ID: d186fc

>>968801
>>968843
>>968799
If its an acid, we need to neutralize it, which we are doing. Until then, healing won't work cuz it will just keep eating away at her. If we can find a chemical storage, we could wipe a base on the affected area. Otherwise using an emergency shower would work. If neither option is viable (or it is just too late and the acid has already done as much damage as it will do), we should work on healing the wound. Remove any dead flesh and then heal the rest (may want to tourniquet her arm with some cloth before you do this though). Affected area seems to be the entire right upper arm and shoulder, and the upper right side of her chest.

As for the poison aspect, I doubt we can really do anything about that. This is a lab and labs generally are not equipped to deal with poisons or venoms. Healing probably won't work since it isn't an injury per se. Best we can do is hole up and keep her safe and treated. She seems like she is probably also going into shock so you should treat her for that once you are in a better spot. Lay her on her back, elevate her feet, and keep her warm.
>>
No. 968946 ID: 7508c4

>>968943
you're not supposed to try to neutralize acid. you're supposed to wash it with as much water as you have on hand.
>>
No. 968949 ID: 6f7a5a

there's still some purple on her tiddy, wipe there thoroughly
>>
No. 968953 ID: d186fc

>>968946
I think you are right. It is ingestion that you sometimes try to neutralize.

To the emergency shower!
>>
No. 968961 ID: 9876c4

Suckle delicious envenomed wolfmilk to gain superpowers.
We don't know it won't work!
>>
No. 968997 ID: e957c9

>>968943
A shower? Yeah, that would work... We need to do something about her clothes tho.

I wouldn't rule out the idea about a first aid kit tho, might not help now, but in the future could be handy.
>>
No. 968999 ID: 36784c

>>968953
>To the emergency shower!
Wouldn’t the emergency shower for chemical spills be located in the lab? The same place all of those monsters are coming from right now.

I don’t think we’re going to get past them to get to the shower.
>>
No. 969096 ID: d186fc

>>968999
>the lab
Even grade schools have more than one lab room. There will be more lab rooms with more showers that aren't infested.
>>
No. 969896 ID: ca2950
File 159235765882.png - (181.70KB , 1024x768 , lab42.png )
969896

Welp, I guess I'm just going to hunker down and try to wait this out, at least for a while to let Alma recover. Somebody must be aware of the situation, so hopefully we'll get rescued and won't have to fight a bunch of awful monsters. Here's hoping.

>suck the poison out
>fuck the poison out
>wipe tiddy

I don't think anyone is in the mood to get weirdly horny for no reason right now. I know I'm not. I just want to sleep. I want to wake up in my bed and have all this be a bad dream.
That would be nice.
>>
No. 970002 ID: 9876c4

This is why you need to be a wolfmilk powered superhero(ine).
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason