[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 163286438311.png - (181.50KB , 700x550 , 1.png )
1011860 No. 1011860 ID: 681cb5

[NSFW]

“With this year’s harvest festival drawing to a close, let us celebrate with one last grand feast here at the estate! As traditional, let us show gratitude for our immortal gift by partaking in the time-honored hunt, where we show our appreciation for the harvest given to us this year. But enough chitchat, without further ado… LET THE FEAST OF SOULS BEGIN!”
-Duchess Emberhall.

Wiki and previous threads: https://tgchan.org/wiki/First_Day_of_Harvest
Discussion thread: https://tezakia.net/kusaba/questdis/res/134609.html#134609
Discussion thread(old): https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/120031.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 1011861 ID: 681cb5
File 163286440560.png - (78.85KB , 700x550 , 2.png )
1011861

You stretch your back with a satisfying crack, feeling the grogginess of a good night sleep slowly fade away from your mind. Damn, it felt like you’re been sleeping for a year and a half! …Drago must really have done a number on you last night…

Actually, what was it you were doing again? Ugh, so much has happened the last few days so it might be prudent to just… think back and remember why you’re here and what you’re doing. Alright, let’s see…

You’re Ema Ligiadottir, a smiths daughter from the small village of Dalriver… or at least you were, until you got horrible murdered 10 years ago. Your village was attack by some unknown force that slaughtered everyone and burned the town to the ground for some unknown reason, which included killing you. Then 10 years later, just a few days ago, you suddenly “woke up” in the forest outside the city of Stoneburg, with the swords that used to be an holy relic in the village church on your back.

Apparently, the blades were magical in nature, and with so much death and tragedy happening around them they awoke once again to bring Justice upon those that destroyed your village… and they chose you to do so (mostly because you were wielding them when you died). Binding your very soul to the blades, you have become a Wraith of Justice, an undead creature whose only motivation is to… well, bring justice to those that wronged it. By eating those that do wrong… apparently. By consuming sinners you can you not only steal their shape, but also gain their strength and memories… as well as keeping you alive, as normal food will not sate your hunger any longer. Oh, and people who has sinned smell delicious as well, making them rather easy to find.

You’ve spent the last few days trying to find out what happened that day 10 years ago, and you’ve managed to dig up some information about it… though things are still rather muddy. So far, if what you’ve found is true, then what you know is thus…
Karkan, the father to one of your old friends, was saved from the brink of death by odd Metal people, who are relics from the old age that apparently resurfaced not far from the city you’re currently in.
As “thanks”, Karkan murdered the metal people’s children and stole part of their means of reproduction, 3 Mystical Stones, and fled. Though you’re not sure how three stones makes kids?
The Metal people gave chase but lost track of Karkan. Instead, they found the Duchess of the land, who directed them to your village in exchange for some kind of “gift”.
Then things get complicated, as apparently the village attacked the Metal people, the Metal people attacked the village and there were a bunch of mercenaries there who came from who knows where attacking everyone else? You definitely need to find more information about that.
The village was in ruins, the Metal people left empty handed and the only survivor was a Varkian named Corvus, one of Karkan sons, who just happens to work here in the city.

So, the short of it: You’re an undead creature that has come back to bring Justice to those that destroyed your village and killed you 10 years ago.
>>
No. 1011862 ID: 681cb5
File 163286441598.png - (101.94KB , 700x550 , 3.png )
1011862

You’re currently staying in an inn inside the city, run by a charming father and son duo named Danus and Drago, and it’s from here you’ve done most of your “investigation”, if you want to call it that. It was here you met one of the Metal people, a being called “Yate Thefoor”, who came to ask for forgiveness. Considering they are the one that killed you in the first place, you found it slightly difficult to do so… but as they aren’t mortal, you couldn’t just let your snout decide if they were redeemed or not as it was impossible to smell their soul. Instead, you simply let the matter rest for the time being. Yate on his hand wants to make peace between his kin and yours, and thus asked you to retrieve the 3 stone that was stolen from his people. Worst come to worst, if you can’t forgive them he’ll at least lead you right to them when you’ve found the stones, so you can enact some Justice...

Oh, and speaking of the stones, you did manage to find one just yesterday. As you were going to talk to Corvus, the person that survived all those years ago, you found him being attacked by a group of bandits. After dispatching them, though not before they knocked Corvus unconscious, you took your time and go through his things, finding a lot of information about your home village as well as one of the stones in his safe, all of which you “borrowed”. You also managed to get some information from the bandits before you ate them, that they were hired by Corvus own father Karkan to steal the stone and murder Corvus. Which brings you back to today… though first; let’s just go through the people you’ve met here real quick…

Danus: Is the owner of the inn you’re staying in. He’s the kindest, most handsome Sakkilian you’ve ever met… *sigh*
Drago: Danus 18 year old son and the most innocent, sweet boy you’ve ever met. He’s into men and… you think he might be in a relationship with a vampire that hides in the sewers? You’re not sure?
Karn: Is a local weapon teacher and kind of a prick. Still, he has had his uses and he’s easy enough to bully into helping you. Though, he smells edible, if a bit bland… so if anything he’s emergency food.
Oran: An one armed alchemist who works for cheap. Is also a bit of a dick. He really wants to research what you are and is generally horny for you, making him easy to push around when you need to. Also smells bland, if edible.
Justina: A Bard who you saved in the forest, who thinks you’re a hero. Though, last time you saw her she made a deal with the Sewer vampire to let him infect her, making her a vampire as well, presumably? Unless the vampire just ate her?

Sewer Vampire: A Hiver that hides in the sewers, who has been exiled from the Duchess vampire nest. Doesn’t seem to be a threat and mostly wants to fight the Duchess, but you never know. You have no idea what they look like.
Yate thefoor: The Metal person who killed you. Is apparently a pacifist and hates themselves for ever harming you in the first place. Have asked you to find the 3 stones that were stolen from their kin so they can bury the war axe for good.
Corvus: The sole survivor from your home village. He’s grumpy, angry and not very approachable. He did have a lot of information on what happened back in Dalriver as well as one of the stones, so he must know something, right?
Karkan: Corvus father and the one responsible for bringing the Metal men to the village. Seems to be a complete asshole who wants to murder his own kid. Find and eat, it’s that simple. You also don’t know what he looks like.
The Duchess: The Duchess of the area and is probably a vampire. Her evil runs so deep that just smelling her made you go mad with hunger. It’s possible she’s the one behind the slaughter, but maybe it’s just because she’s the head vampire of a huge vampire nest.

So in summary; You need to find Karkan and eat him. Find the Duchess and eat her. Find her vampires and eat them and then find the stones so Yate will bring you to the rest of his kin so you can… poke them with your sword or something.

The smell of newly cooked breakfast brings you back to reality, as you hear Drago working in the kitchen while Danus is serving the other guests of the inn their morning meal. Right… let’s get this day started…
>>
No. 1011869 ID: 19ea25

Time to pretend to be a normal person yet again, eat amongst the people and review where you should be able to go later for more info
>>
No. 1011875 ID: 2aa5f0

well head downstairs and see what the world has to throw at you today
>>
No. 1011876 ID: 094652

Ask the sword if it remembers anything about its past wielders.
>>
No. 1011880 ID: f3f534

>>1011861
Your hips, butt, thighs, and tail all look thiccer than they did yesterday. Maybe you should check the rest of your body to see if anything else has changed.

>>1011862
>Recap
You forgot to mention that the spirit of your swords is extremely unhelpful. The spirit told you that you could use the skills from the past wielders of the swords, but the spirit is so damn old, it's forgotten a lot of the skills that you should've been able to learn by now.

>let’s get this day started…
Head downstairs and see what's for breakfast. You've gotta eat in order to pretend that you're still one of the living.
>>
No. 1011883 ID: f7cc6b

>You forgot to mention that the spirit of your swords is extremely unhelpful. The spirit told you that you could use the skills from the past wielders of the swords, but the spirit is so damn old, it's forgotten a lot of the skills that you should've been able to learn by now.

True, but they also told you that you meditating could help, if i'm not mistaken. The more in tune you are with the swords, the more helpful they will be. You and the swords are one in the same.

If i am not mistaken, you also encountered a hybrid while hunting a vampire that was causing a ruckus. She had an interesting soul, and seem interested in you as well.

>Your hips, butt, thighs, and tail all look thiccer than they did yesterday. Maybe you should check the rest of your body to see if anything else has changed.

True, your body seems different, some parts are bigger, some slimmer, more muscle all around. You seem to be getting in shape, somehow.

>Starting the day.

Go "ate" breakfast, chat with the most wonderful man you have ever met, see who they are doing and check the customers.
>>
No. 1011885 ID: 96c896

Don't forget you can meditate to properly digest people and have better control over their souls.
That's something you should do more often. Maybe now, even? It's not like you have to eat mortal food.
>>
No. 1011890 ID: 36784c

>>1011861
>powers
I remember you being able to paralyze others by touching them. And I remember that ability had recently been improved to where your hands could be a few inches away and you could still paralyze someone without directly touching them.

Weren’t there any other powers besides that and what you’ve already listed?

>>1011862
Go downstairs and mingle with everyone.

>>1011880
>You’ve gotten thiccer
I know what happened. Ema has finally decided to listen to her instincts and started packing on the pounds so that she can keep herself warm while the weather outside continues to get colder. Extra fat means her body will retain heat and she won't be as cold as she would be without it!
Bringing back an old joke to celebrate this quest coming back!
>>
No. 1012070 ID: 681cb5
File 163304257052.png - (50.00KB , 700x550 , 4.png )
1012070

>Head downstairs and see what the world has to throw at you today.
If you go down any further you’ll end up in the basement, though seeing what the world usually throw your way that might be for the best…
>Go "eat" breakfast, chat with the most wonderful man you have ever met, see what they are doing and check the other customers.
While you don’t actually need to eat, it’s still taste good to nibble on something… not to mention that it will give a nice opportunity to interact with Danus. You make your way to the bar counter and take a seat, casting a glance around you as you do so. None of the other guests are anyone you recognize, though you can see Danus moving around among the tables to both take orders and deliver them. It seems like you’ll have to wait for a bit before you can order anything yourself.

>You forgot to mention that the spirit of your swords is extremely unhelpful. The spirit told you that you could use the skills from the past wielders of the swords, but the spirit is so damn old, it's forgotten a lot of the skills that you should've been able to learn by now.
…while you haven’t learned anything to flashy yet, you admit, you were still able to keep up with someone that’s been training his whole life with the blade even though the first time you even held a sword was just a few days ago. They have to have thought you something… even if it is just reflexes and instincts.
>They also told you that you meditating could help, if I’m not mistaken. The more in tune you are with the swords, the more helpful they will be. You and the swords are one in the same.
Though the question is… Are you Ema… or are you the swords? …and does it even matter at this point?
>I remember you being able to paralyze others by touching them. And I remember that ability had recently been improved to where your hands could be a few inches away and you could still paralyze someone without directly touching them.
That’s right, you should be able to paralyze people from a small distance now… heck, you kind of forgot that you actually paralyze people before you eat them, as you’re kind of doing it without even thinking about it at this point.
>Weren’t there any other powers besides that and what you’ve already listed?
Let’s see… abnormal strength, skills with the sword, paralyzing touch, eating people, shape changing… oh, and you can also get people memories if you eat them, kind of?

>Don't forget you can meditate to properly digest people and have better control over their souls. That's something you should do more often. Maybe now, even?
…that would require that you actually ate someone right now, wouldn’t it? Because the three thieving thick thot’s that you ate yesterday are long gone by now…
Your mind races between quick memories, of happier times, rainy days and laughter as the three Varkian’s watches the old lady bleed to death on the street. The name Karkan is whispered into your ears followed by the words… “Kill them all, get the stone and get the gold”… then an image of the old sewer entrance flashes before your eyes as the sun sets. As you try and focus on it, a new set of memories emerges… an old Varkian is sitting hidden in the corner, bathed in the shadows, only the glimmer of his eyes visible from under his hood… and three phrases echo’s through your mind. “Corvus at the library. Nadezhda at the festival. Emberhall at her estate. Meet me each day at sundown.”
You shake your head… these memories are getting more and more intense to live through…

>Ask the sword if it remembers anything about its past wielders.
:SwordFS: …there are memories… but most of them aren’t very joyful ones…

You scream at her with tears streaming down your cheeks, begging her to at least listen, but she looks into your eyes with cold determination as she lights the pyre. As the flames consume you and your body is torn asunder in pain and agony, you look at your love one last time as she watches you burn. The sparkle of love that once was there is long gone, replaced by but one thought… “monster…”

You clutches your chest as you feel your body falling apart, the spear lodged in your chest cracking your very core and making you lose control of your form. With the last of your strength you look back at the family you saved, seeing their frightened faces as the father clutches the spear in shaking hands. Even as you saved their life from certain doom, you’re nothing but a beast to them…

You stand tall and proud among the silver spires, clad in mythril plate with golden details, shoulder to shoulder with your brethren, row after row of your equals, all standing ready to do their duty. At the front of the legion, you look down from the floating capital of your creator unto the mortal on the lands below, ready to fulfill your duty. To hunt the non-believers, to slay the heretics, to exterminate everyone who even thinks ill of your creator god! You exist for but one reason, to partake in a FEAST OF-
>>
No. 1012071 ID: 681cb5
File 163304257938.png - (76.44KB , 700x550 , 5.png )
1012071

You’re dragged out of the memory by the sound of a plate being place in front of you.
:DanusFS: So how are your swords holding up, lass? I know I oiled them rather recently, but if you want then I can sharpen them a bit as well. They seem bit dull, don’t they?
:EmaFS: Huh? Oh… err… I’ll… think about it, Danus.
:DanusFS: Just say the word Ema. I wouldn’t mind bringing out my old kit from my adventurer days. Now, here, breakfast on the house, lass, eat up so your claws keep their grip on the ground.
:EmaFS: Oh, looks delicious… and is that… Parogranat juice?
:DanusFS: Well, I know you like the fruit, lass, so I thought I’d surprise you with some.
:EmaFS: Thanks you, Danus, I appreciate it.
:DanusFS: Don’t mention it, little opal.
:EmaFS:
:DanusFS: Oh, and where were you last night? You didn’t sleep on the sofa last night I noticed.
:EmaFS: You know… I was nearby…
:DanusFS: Of course you were, lass.

>If i am not mistaken, you also encountered a hybrid while hunting a vampire that was causing a ruckus. She had an interesting soul, and seem interested in you as well.
Oh, right, that would be… Athena was it? Athena and Kern, that was their names... and they were here hunting vampires, weren’t they? Hmm… it might be prudent to seek them out again, as having someone who knows how to deal with the bloodsuckers when you go up against the duchess would be grand.

>Your hips, butt, thighs, and tail all look thiccer than they did yesterday.
Do they? Damn it, those thick thots must have gone right to your butt.
>Maybe you should check the rest of your body to see if anything else has changed.
Err… well… you seem to have legs now… and feet? And your eyes are a bit more on the side of your head too but other than that… wait, no, that’s not- what you mean is, your body is the same as always.
>I know what happened. Ema has finally decided to listen to her instincts and started packing on the pounds so that she can keep herself warm while the weather outside continues to get colder. Extra fat means her body will retain heat and she won't be as cold as she would be without it!
Pff… if that’s true, then why is everything ending up in your butt? Your butt isn’t that cold, is it?

:EmaFS: Hey, Danus, does my butt look bigger?
:DanusFS: You do look a lot healthier now compared when I first saw you, lass.
:EmaFS: …a big butt is healthy?
:DanusFS: Lass, you were thin as a skeleton the first time I saw you. Putting on a few pounds will only do you good.
:EmaFS: Hmm… I guess…
:DanusFS: Oh, and before I forget, there were a few people here asking about you earlier. If I’d knew you stayed here for the night, I would have woken you up.
:EmaFS: Oh? Who was it?
:DanusFS: For starters, there was that alchemist, Oran, said that he had some urgent news for you. Then the library assistant came by, said the head librarian Corvus was looking for a blue scaled Sakkilian, which I assume is you, lass? …and there was this strange lass… a green scaled Sakkilian that was hiding most of her body who also asked about you, though she simply wanted to know if you came by here often or not.
>>
No. 1012079 ID: 96c896

>>1012070
>Though the question is… Are you Ema… or are you the swords?
You're Ema, but merged with the swords. You're both.

>…that would require that you actually ate someone right now, wouldn’t it?
That's not quite what I meant. You digested their bodies, but their souls are fighting for dominance; they are not properly digested. I'm sure if you willingly went through their memories you wouldn't get these flashbacks, and would have better control over their forms. Would it impact your hunger level if you directly practiced using their forms?

>part of an army, smiting nonbelievers
Hold up, was that a memory from before the swords became wraithblades? Sounds like it was during the time of gods... Ask the swords what changed their purpose. When did they become a tool of justice, rather than oppression?

>Nadezhda, Emberhall
Could those be who have the other two stones?

>>1012071
>sharpen the swords
Is that possible? They're made out of an incredibly durable metal.

>people came by
Well, the sakkilian would be Athena, who didn't ask to see you so it must not be urgent. Oran specifically said it was urgent, so go talk to him before Corvus.
>>
No. 1012081 ID: 2aa5f0

well if it's urgent might as well go talk to your snake boy toy... and DON'T eat him.
>>
No. 1012086 ID: f7cc6b

>Though the question is… Are you Ema… or are you the swords?
You are Ema and you are the Swords. No more and no less. Don't distract yourself with that.

That last memory seems waaay old. You might want to focus on that one in particular. The swords seem to made of multiple people from the beginning.

>sharpen the swords
Ask the swords. But i guess that by maintaining your body, they will maintain as well. Hell, they might look different since you gained weight.

>people came by
I agree with >>1012079
Let Danus know that if she happens to come by again, to tell her that yeah, you generally stay here, so she can come by any time to see you.
>>
No. 1012246 ID: 681cb5
File 163322005193.png - (95.98KB , 700x550 , 6.png )
1012246

>You are Ema and you are the Swords. No more and no less. Don't distract yourself with that.
It’s a bit hard to not get distracted by pondering about the aeon long question of… “what the fuck are you?”. But you’re right, you can’t really get lost in the details while you still have Justice to dole out!
>Hold up, was that a memory from before the swords became wraithblades? Sounds like it was during the time of gods...
From what you saw then it’s definitely from the time of the old empire, as a gigantic flying city with a cathedral that dwarfed the very mountains is not something you find in the world today. But you don’t think it was from before the swords became… well, what they are now… actually, have they ever not been a conduit for wraiths?
>The swords seem to made of multiple people from the beginning.
You’re pretty sure you were only one person in that memory… in fact, you’re pretty sure everyone there had their own weapons that they were bound to, making it an army of… wraiths… created to feast upon those that disagreed with your creator… an army vast enough to blot out the very sun...
>Ask the swords what changed their purpose. When did they become a tool of justice, rather than oppression?
:SwordFS: We have always been a tool of Justice and so it shall continue until the day were our blades finally rust away for good. We did not change, but the concept of Justice did. One person Justice will be another person’s oppression. We are simply a tool to be wielded by you, and your Justice is far different from the Justice of a long dead god.


>Is that possible to sharpen the swords? They're made out of an incredibly durable metal.
:DanusFS: Really? They can’t be that incredible if had to polish away the rust from them earlier, lass. But jesting aside, they do seem to be more than just steel… may I see it for a second, Ema?
:EmaFS: Um… sure?
:DanusFS: Ah… it is really a fine blade, lass, that I can say for certain. Hmm… what I am uncertain of is what they are made of though. It is mostly made out of very fine steel, lass, but… there’s something more? An alloy of mithril perhaps?
:EmaFS: You know the feel of mithril?
:DanusFS: Why, yes. You see, my… Drago’s mother had an axe with a mithril head, which I had to take care of from time to time.
:EmaFS: Really? Where did she find something like that?
:DanusFS: It was when we ventured north, up to that strange tower. While it was a dangerous trek, what with the undead infested swamp up there, but at the time it was a treasure trove of old artifacts and other relics of the past. Of course, the axe was only a sharp piece of metal when we found it, lass, but the local smith did manage to fashion it into a weapon.
:EmaFS: You’ve been on an journey up north? I didn’t know you used to be an adventurer, Danus.
:DanusFS: It was before she… before I got Drago. Though, back in those days’ things were a lot less dangerous up there, lass. Nowadays most people don’t return from there… and those that do talks about tall, lanky monstrosities hunting people in the marches, and that’s not even considering the increased presence of the undead up there. Something seems to be agitating them… Bah! Enough reminiscing! Here, Ema, your sword. But if you ever want it sharpened, just say the word.
:EmaFS: Thanks Danus, I’ll consider it.
>Nadezhda, Emberhall? Could those be who have the other two stones?
It’s possible… hmm… Nadezhda? Wasn’t that the Varkian nomad that was reading people’s fortunes at the festival? If you remember correctly, then she and her people was also in Dalriver right before it burned to the ground, which does connect her to the stones in a way. As for Emberhall…
:EmaFS: Do you know anyone called Emberhall?
:DanusFS: …you mean Duchess Emberhall, lass?
:EmaFS: Really? The Duchess is Emberhall, huh? Interesting… (So the nomads and the Duchess have the other two stones… at least, according to the bandits hired by Karkan.)

>Let Danus know that if Athena happens to come by again, to tell her that yeah, you generally stay here, so she can come by any time to see you.
:DanusFS: I’ll let her know if I see her again, lass, don’t you fret about it.
:EmaFS: Oh, and honour to the chef, as this is a real kickass breakfast.
:DanusFS: Heh… it’s just a sandwich and some eggs, little Opal, but I’ll pass on the word to Drago. I’m sure he’ll appreciate it.
:EmaFS: Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to see what Oran wanted.
:DanusFS: Be safe, lass.
:EmaFS: See you later, Danus.
>>
No. 1012247 ID: 681cb5
File 163322006917.png - (86.47KB , 700x550 , 7.png )
1012247

>You digested their bodies, but their souls are fighting for dominance; they are not properly digested. I'm sure if you willingly went through their memories you wouldn't get these flashbacks, and would have better control over their forms.
Hmm… you guess taking the time to get a better feel of them, to better know their form wouldn’t hurt. Though, you’re pretty sure it isn’t actually them trying to fight for dominance as much as it’s their lingering memories intermingling with your own.
>Would it impact your hunger level if you directly practiced using their forms?
Changing and maintaining a shape does drain your powers a bit, making your hunger return quicker… but if you can a reliable food source it wouldn’t make a difference, would it?

>If it's urgent might as well go talk to your snake boy toy...
You have to wonder what the Oran has to say, if he thinks it’s urgent. Hopefully it’s actually important and not something idiotic like him wanting more of your blood or something.
>DON'T eat him.
No promises.

After saying goodbye to Danus you start to make your way towards Oran’s shop. Luckily, it’s a fine morning, with the sun shining bright and barely a cloud in the sky, making the stroll rather pleasant. The shop is almost completely empty at this time of day, with the exception of one lone Hiver male, who’s trying to discreetly browse the “adult” section of the alchemist store, and Tunu, who’s currently manning the counter. After exchanging a quick nod with the Serpents, you make your way into the backrooms where you find both Oran and Karn arguing over those darn drug bottles, once again.

:OranFS: -know that I still need these! I can’t just throw them away! The twins have already paid for them, so if I don’t deliver they… um… they’ll… err… I’ll be up the sewer creek without a paddle, Karn!
:KarnFS: Alright, fine, whatever. Just promise me that you won’t be cooking up any more of this… this shit afterwards, okay?
:OranFS: I promise, I promise, o-okay?
:KarnFS: Because if you don’t, it’s just a matter of time before you either is caught by the guard or piss of some other dealer who’ll make you disappear, you hear!?
:OranFS: R-right, right… I g-get it…
:KarnFS: Of course, I’ll kick your fucking ass before that!
:OranFS: GAH! D-don’t hit me!
:KarnFS: I won’t if you behave, Oran. So no more illegal potions.
:OranFS: Y-yes, of course…

And these clowns are at it once again… and you can just by the smell alone tell that Oran is lying through his teeth and Karn is dying to actually punch someone… wait, Oran doesn’t even have teeth? Then what is he lying through?
>>
No. 1012249 ID: 37be77

Call Oran out on his bullshit and then ask what he wanted to talk to you about.
>>
No. 1012251 ID: 96c896

>>1012247
Tell Karn you need to speak to Oran in private. If you bust his balls in front of Karn it'll turn ugly. Again.

Then ask Oran what was so urgent.
IIRC we need his potion business in order to get a lead on the twins, right? Though at this point I'm not sure we care about them, aside from wanting to eat them. We just got solid leads on where the other stones are. Well, regardless there's no point telling Oran that you know he's lying. I think he's a lost cause at this point; nothing you've said has changed his mind and we have nothing new to use to convince him to stop.
>>
No. 1012264 ID: c0df17

>>1012249
Were't we going to deal with the twins? Tell him to get read of the fucking potions already. Does he not understand that you can SMELL his lies? We already told him to stop. Fucking gods damn it this guy is a lost cause.

How does Kharn smell like? He is actually trying to stop the serpent this time. And also tell him that you will talk to him later, we need to work on his anger issues.

It's not like they need further proof that you can make them disappear from the face of the earth, they know what you can do. Why are they so dense?
>>
No. 1012265 ID: f8fa51

Once you're in private tell Oran you know he's lying, and if he actually does make any more of that potion you'll know, and you'll make him stop. Permanently.
>>
No. 1012281 ID: 36784c

>>1012247
>Oran is making the illegal potions……again
If only one of your undead powers included something like hypnosis. Then you could hypnotize him to stop making those potions.

Announce yourself by saying, “If the guards or another dealer don’t do something to you, then I’m the 3rd option, meaning I’ll deal with you. And I’m sure both of you don’t need to be reminded of how I deal with people.”

“Anyways, Oran, I was told you were urgently looking for me. What did you need?”
>>
No. 1012288 ID: 094652

It's clear that he prefers having control as a drug dealer over his own safety. Slap him a few times and forcefully interrogate him on the first time in his life that he was powerless. As for the potions, confiscate them and prepare to throw them at guards you were planning to kill. Use his addiction against him by limiting his potion supplies; see how long it takes him to get back into experimentation, just to make another drug.
>>
No. 1012319 ID: 681cb5
File 163329113584.png - (64.05KB , 700x550 , 8.png )
1012319

>If only one of your undead powers included something like hypnosis. Then you could hypnotize him to stop making those potions.
…didn’t you kind of hypnotize those three bandits you met yesterday? …by spitting them out again? Of course, they mostly just became docile and not willing to run away, but it might be something worth experimenting with.
>I think he's a lost cause at this point; nothing you've said has changed his mind and we have nothing new to use to convince him to stop.
Well, if he isn’t going to change then you’ll just have to give him a one way ride to tummy town, population: Oran. Though, so far you’ve just tried appealing to his empathy and threatened him with violence, neither which seemed to work, but you’re sure there’s some way to convince this idiot to stop being an idiot.
>It's not like they need further proof that you can make them disappear from the face of the earth, they know what you can do. Why are they so dense?
Because they don’t think you’ll actually go through with it? Or it’s simply because they are dense and don’t understand the consequences of their actions? In Karn case you can understand him not changing over a day or two, as his main problem is being unable to control his emotions, specifically his anger and pride. As for Oran… he just seem desperate to keep doing what he’s doing… for some reason… even if it means putting his life on the line.
>It's clear that he prefers having control as a drug dealer over his own safety.
Hmm… He was forced to make drugs by Tana earlier, so it might just be him wanting to control his own life again… by making dumb choices. Or is he desperate for the gold? Or something else?
>Use his addiction against him by limiting his potion supplies; see how long it takes him to get back into experimentation, just to make another drug.
Oran isn’t… wait, maybe Oran is an addict himself? That’s why he wants to continue making the stuff, so that he may get his own fill! Addicts care more about the next fix than the possible consequences, don’t they?

>We need his potion business in order to get a lead on the twins, right? Though at this point I'm not sure we care about them, aside from wanting to eat them.
The twins are working for the Duchess, don’t they? Which means they might lead you to her… or it might be prudent to remove them before you face the Duchess herself? Either way, they are on the menu.
>As for the potions, confiscate them and prepare to throw them at guards you were planning to kill.
…why would you throw drugs on… wait, what guards? What?
>How does Kharn smell like? He is actually trying to stop the serpent this time.
He smells like he always smells… a bit bland but edible. Just like Oran.


>Tell him to get rid of the fucking potions already.
:OranFS: Wait! No! We can’t do that right now! The Twins would be really cross with me if I didn’t deliver on t-time!
:KarnFS: Sadly, as much as I want to just shatter that shit on the ground right here and now, Oran got a point.
:OranFS: B-besides, they are being delivered to the Duchess party, r-right?
:KarnFS: Oh right, that feast she’s going to hold at the end of the festival… I still haven’t thrown away the invitation I got.
:EmaFS: Which means we got direct access to something that the Duchess will be serving to the other vampires…
:OranFS: That’s right.
:KarnFS: And I still say we just fill them with holy water and be done with it.
:OranFS: Err… t-that might kill one of them, sure… b-but… t-they’ll figure out not to d-drink any more after that. Maybe we can come up with something better later?

>Tell Karn you need to speak to Oran in private. If you bust his balls in front of Karn it'll turn ugly. Again.
:KarnFS: What? Why would you-
:OranFS: Just do what she says, Karn.
:KarnFS: …fine… I’ll leave… I’ll go talk to Tunu for a bit if you need me.
>And also tell him that you will talk to him later, we need to work on his anger issues.
:KarnFS: Hey! I don’t have any issues with my anger!
:OranFS: You do like hitting things… a lot…
:KarnFS: Just because a lot of things needs a good beating, that’s all.

>Call Oran out on his bullshit.
As soon as you’re sure that Karn is out of earshot, you grab Oran’s snout and painfully drag him down towards you.
:OranFS: Ow!
:EmaFS: I know you’re lying to Karn.
:OranFS: Err… t-that’s not-
:EmaFS: How about if I put it this way… if you actually do make any more potions I will know… and I’ll make you stop.
:OranFS: Well, I-
:EmaFS: Permanently.
:OranFS: Um… heh… err… I… um…
:EmaFS: Do you understand?
:OranFS: Yes, I… um… do…
:EmaFS: Good.
:OranFS: I-in fact… I… um… I s-swear on the three goddesses themselves that you won’t c-catch me brewing… um… b-brewing one of those potions ever again.
Huh… he doesn’t seem to be lying this time…
:EmaFS: Good.

>Oran, I was told you were urgently looking for me. What did you need?
:OranFS: Eh? Oh r-right! Right! That!
:EmaFS: Yes, that. What is that?
:OranFS: Err… s-see… r-remember those samples you g-gave me? From your body?
:EmaFS: Yes?
:OranFS: And… um... y-you see… I’ve been collecting some other samples that you leave behind as well… y-you know… scales and such…
:EmaFS: …okay?
:OranFS: Err… well… I’ve been keeping them under observation and… err… they are deteriorating?
:EmaFS: You mean… falling apart?
:OranFS: Y-yes… kind of? And… um… they are starting to deteriorate faster and faster?
:EmaFS: …it’s a given that the older the sample, the faster they would-
:OranFS: No, it’s t-the opposite. The newer samples are deteriorating faster than the old ones! If this keeps up… err… I mean… they might start deteriorating before they even become samples so… y-you know..
:EmaFS: I might start falling apart myself?
:OranFS: Err… maybe?
:EmaFS: Huh…

The swords did say that you would have a limited time to bring Justice to those that wronged you, didn’t they? …and that you would become hungrier and hungrier as time went on. You guess it’s because your body will need more and more power to keep itself from falling apart. Huh… so you’re actually dying again…
>>
No. 1012320 ID: 96c896

>>1012319
Ah. I see. Oran is planning to start making potions again once you're gone.
Well, let's just try to understand him better right now. Tell him since you're dying you can't really threaten him in the long term. So now you just want to know why he wants to sell drugs so badly.
>>
No. 1012330 ID: c0df17

>>1012320
Sure why not, ask away.

Well, yeah, you died. You died 10 years ago, so it would be reasonable to assume that your corpse would eventually succumb to the passing of time, like everything else. Even the undead die, one way or another. That is not an issue, the problem is knowing how much time you have before you suffer the final slumber. Does he have a way to know?
>>
No. 1012340 ID: 094652

... Right. You should put some investment into halting that.
Becoming an undead monstrosity hasn't destroyed your love life. Losing your identity to the ravenous psyches of sinners has been kind of fun at times.

The Duchess takes priority. But after that, maybe you could forge yourself a new body with the help of the machines. I dunno.

Right now, chain Oran to the lab as penalty for going Walter. If he wants to make drugs so bad, he can do it for a solid 24 hours while you lap at his skin cells.
>>
No. 1012341 ID: 96c896

Oh right, ask the swords why you're dying.
>>
No. 1012355 ID: 3ab17b

Ask if he has any idea how long you’d have before you start falling apart where you stand.

Also ask why he’s so desperate to keep making the drugs, he isn’t an addict is he?
>>
No. 1012369 ID: 36784c

>>1012319
>Falling apart
“I guess this means that you can’t use my body to make that potion to regrow your arm.”

>Not lying
“So what you’re saying is that you’ll keep making those potions once I disappear. Then I guess I’ll have to tell Karn and have him keep an eye on you after I’m gone.”
>>
No. 1012522 ID: 681cb5
File 163354127938.png - (50.11KB , 700x550 , 9.png )
1012522

>Right now, chain Oran to the lab as penalty for going Walter. If he wants to make drugs so bad, he can do it for a solid 24 hours.
…wait, so to make him stop making drugs you’ll… force him to make drugs? That doesn’t even make sense!
>You died 10 years ago, so it would be reasonable to assume that your corpse would eventually succumb to the passing of time, like everything else. Even the undead die, one way or another.
You’re actually more surprised that you’re not freaking out more about this than anything. Though, while the sword told you from the beginning that your time would be short, you didn’t think it would be this short.
>Ah. I see. Oran is planning to start making potions again once you're gone.
…so he’s not completely suicidal, is he? Wait for the threat to disappear on its own before he resumes his work, huh?

>Ask the swords why you're dying.
:SwordFS: Everything return to the dust it came from given time. People… beasts… nations… empires… gods… universes… everything ends. Even the most well-made blade will rust eventually.
:EmaFS: …but why am I dying so quickly?
:SwordFS: We are old. Broken. For each new wielder, the harder it for us to keep them alive. For each new wielder, more of our power seeps out from us. We will soon reach the final slumber as well.
>Right. You should put some investment into halting that.
:SwordFS: How do you halt the very encroachment of death itself? No, keep yourself well fed and you will last long enough to do what you’re here to do. Remember, you are here to bring Justice to those that wronged your village, not to get a second chance at life.
>The Duchess takes priority. But after that, maybe you could forge yourself a new body with the help of the machines. I dunno.
…wait, is that even possible? The metal people are some kind of golems, right? And they seem to have souls, you guess? Which means… you may be able to inhabit one if it’s empty? How would that even work? Or maybe you can graft part of them unto your body or… put your brain in one somehow? Can they even blend metal parts with organic ones? Hmm…


>Ask if he has any idea how long you’d have before you start falling apart where you stand.
:OranFS: Err… I’m not sure? A week? Maybe two? I mean… um… it’s hard to say, seeing that I can’t really tell how your body will react… I mean… it’s possible that’s it’s just going to be that any scales that you shed immediately deteriorate and you’re body will be fine?
:EmaFS: …huh. A week at worse?
:OranFS: I’m s-sorry…
:EmaFS: Don’t be… I knew I was living on borrow time already.
>Tell him since you're dying you can't really threaten him in the long term
:OranFS: Err… y-yeah? That’s… h-how it works?
:EmaFS: So, then I guess I’ll have to tell Karn and have him keep an eye on you after I’m gone.

:OranFS: Huh? But h-he’s already-
:EmaFS: To keep a really close eye on you, because I know you’re up to something.
:OranFS: Um… r-right…

>Now you just want to know why he wants to sell drugs so badly.
:OranFS: Huh? I don’t?
:EmaFS: You keep saying that, yet you keep making the stuff.
:OranFS: No?
:EmaFS: Oran.
:OranFS: I’m serious!
:EmaFS: (…he clearly doesn’t just want to tell you, huh.)
>Ask why he’s so desperate to keep making the drugs, he isn’t an addict is he?
:OranFS: Of course not! Only a fool would touch the stuff!
:EmaFS: …the same fools you sell it too?
:OranFS: I’m doing them a favor. Someone that foolish can’t be trusted with that kind of coin.
:EmaFS: Right…
:OranFS: As I said before, they made the choice, it’s their problem not mine.
>I guess this means that you can’t use my body to make that potion to regrow your arm.
:OranFS: Oh, actually, I’ve had some great success with that one!
:EmaFS: Really?
:OranFS: I administrated a prototype potion into a tailless vermin and within an hour it had grown back completely!
:EmaFS: Wait, it actually worked?
:OranFS: Yes! Though it still have some… um… side-effects I need to deal with before it can be consumed by people.
:EmaFS: And here it comes. What happened? Did it grow another tail or something?
:OranFS: It… um… continued to grow into the body, killing the test subject.
:EmaFS: Of course…
:OranFS: And then the test subject became a bit rabid and tried to break out of the cage.
:EmaFS: …didn’t you just say it died?
:OranFS: And then it exploded.
:EmaFS:
:OranFS: But it’s just minor things. I’m really close to figure it out!
:EmaFS: …yes, I can see that. Though, where are you planning on getting more of my blood after I’m gone?
:OranFS: Err… well… try and buy it? I mean, there has to be some kind of similar undead blood out there that I can use as a substitute, though it’s going to be super expensive to get it deliver here.
:EmaFS: Right…

You look around his lab for a bit, your eyes wandering over the many cabinets filled with all kind of elixirs and ingredients, followed by book filled shelf’s and tables filled with odd thingamabobs, including a cage that’s filled with what you presume is exploded vermin. Your eyes finally stops and a machine with an odd looking crystal levitating besides it… and you take few steps towards it for a closer look.

:EmaFS: Speaking of experiments, what is all this stuff anyway?
:OranFS: Hey, watch it! Those are delicate! I need it for my experiments!
:EmaFS: …your arm re-growing experiments?
:OranFS: Exactly! Now be careful! That crystal alone cost me over fifty gold!
:EmaFS: Huh, so- Wait, did you say gold? Fifty gold?
:OranFS: Y-yes?
:EmaFS: That’s… that’s price of a damn house!? Why do you have a crystal that’s worth that much down here!?
:OranFS: As I said, for my experiments. The gear and the regents are expensive, sure, but I’m so close to figuring out how to make those potions! Currently, I have an theory about mixing your blood with some Kazrak Thistle from across the great sea as they have some amazing stabilization properties when applied properly, which means it might just be stable enough for ingestion. Of course, those things are worth ten times its weight in gold, but it will be worth it.
:EmaFS: Geez…
>>
No. 1012530 ID: 96c896

>>1012522
Ah. He needs a lot of money for the regeneration potion research, so he's justifying his drug-making either subconsciously or on purpose. If you can get his arm back, he won't have as much reason to make drugs, and thus you might be able to convince him to stop.
Tell him you have some funds. What does he need to finish his research and heal his arm?
>>
No. 1012532 ID: a9af05

>>1012522
Ask if he's in debt again? Is that why he's so desperate to keep making the potions?

>Oran needs lots of money
You know who could benefit from this potion that Oran's trying to make? Corvus the librarian.

He lost both his legs, so I'm sure he'd want to get them back. Not only that, but he's got lots of money, so he might be willing to fund Oran if he knew about this.

The only problem would be introducing them to each other. I doubt Corvus will fund Oran without any proof of this potion working.
>>
No. 1012546 ID: 2aa5f0

So that's why he's making drugs, his research needs money, lots of it. Ask if he has another way of making cash besides drugs, because while it might make him some quick cash it also is likely to see him in a lot of trouble, what with drug dealers who would extort him for more drugs or try to knock him off to remove any perceived competition, drugies who would rob or kill him to take his stuff for a quick high, or even just law enforcement who would come in and toss him into the slammer. Either way all of his research would go to waste.

And if he ask why you're pushing him on this just tell him it's because while you can smell he's not a good person, you can tell he's not a bad on either and as you both now know, you don't have that much time left before you go back to the grave. As such you'd like to try and make the world a bit of a better place before you drop again besides just a row of devoured corpses, even if it's only helping a handful of people from making some terrible mistakes. Guess you could just say you don't want to leave this world as a complete monster.
>>
No. 1012569 ID: 681cb5
File 163363239869.png - (61.51KB , 700x550 , 10.png )
1012569

>So that's why he's making drugs, his research needs money, lots of it.
And he needs the research to get his arm back. That’s what this is all about! He doesn’t want to be crippled anymore, and he’s willing to do anything to achieve that goal, even if it is something as dangerous as selling drugs.
>If you can get his arm back, he won't have as much reason to make drugs, and thus you might be able to convince him to stop.
Do you even need to convince him to stop if he doesn’t have a reason to make them anymore? Of course, the main problem is actually getting his arm back… either way, it’s probably your best bet to make him stop, not counting just eating him.
>You know who could benefit from this potion that Oran's trying to make? Corvus the librarian. He lost both his legs, so I'm sure he'd want to get them back.
He probably doesn’t want to explode either. But yes, Corvus would probably be very interested in whatever solution you manage to find to fix Oran with.
>Not only that, but he's got lots of money, so he might be willing to fund Oran if he knew about this.
He’s not so rich that he can buy weird crystal for massive amount of money all willy-nilly. He might be able to help, though.


>Ask if he's in debt again? Is that why he's so desperate to keep making the potions?
:OranFS: …Ema, you ate the one I was in debt with just a few days ago, remember?
:EmaFS: oh right, Tana.
:OranFS: So no, I’m not in debt. I’m no fool who takes loans I can’t repay.
>Ask if he has another way of making cash besides drugs.
:OranFS: If I had a better way don’t you think I would do that?
:EmaFS: Doesn’t the shop make you some revenue?
:OranFS: Sure, it’s what I live on. Can’t really afford the expensive lab equipment’s and regents with that income, though.
:EmaFS: Oran, while it might make you some quick cash selling these bottles, it also is likely to see you in lot of trouble.
:OranFS: Don’t worry, I’m being careful.
:EmaFS: Other drug dealers might try and extort you again or remove you from the competition.
:OranFS: You ate the competition, remember?
:EmaFS: There’s bound to be more out there. Then there’s the drugies you sell to… they’ll do anything for another high.
:OranFS: W-which I can… um… use… for the experiments.
:EmaFS: …right… and if the guard finds you?
:OranFS: They are all corrupted and easy to bribe. The Duchess is spreading her influence downwards, after all.
:EmaFS: …you mean the crazed vampire nest?
:OranFS: Err… y-yes… exactly? Not n-need to worry… heh… um… he…?

>Tell him you have some funds. What does he need to finish his research and heal his arm?
:OranFS: You have funds? Really?
:EmaFS: I did find a big sack of coin over at… what was their name again? Terroza’s brother?
:OranFS: …and you don’t think he wants it back?
:EmaFS: I ate him, Oran… and Terroza as well, for that matter. So yeah, I found a bit of coin there, clothes and… oh, right, I still have that sleeping potion buried over there that I might want to retrieve at some point. So I’m sure I can give you some funds from that… all I was planning to do with it was buying a breastplate, which… um… I kind of forget about that, didn’t I?
:OranFS: Well, if you got the cash… if you can donate about 200 gold, then I’ll probably be set for the whole year.
:EmaFS: 200 gold!? That’s… yeah, I don’t have that kind of money… only someone like the Duchess and the nobles around her has that kind of cash around here… wait, a full year? Why do you need to be set for a full year?
:OranFS: …because research doesn’t happen over a night, duh? It takes time… tests… not to mention I need to wait and see if things have side effects that appears after some time etc. etc. Science isn’t something that you can rush, you know.
:EmaFS: …so your research won’t actually bear fruit for years?
:OranFS: …y-yes? Unless I manage to find some kind of miracle breakthrough… I mean, just getting a hold of your blood chipped off months of research, you know.
:EmaFS: …so I need to find another solution then.
:OranFS: …s-solution to what?
>If he ask why you're pushing him on this just tell him it's because while you can smell he's not a good person, you can tell he's not a bad on either and as you both now know, you don't have that much time left before you go back to the grave. As such you'd like to try and make the world a bit of a better place before you drop again besides just a row of devoured corpses, even if it's only helping a handful of people from making some terrible mistakes.
:OranFS: Terrible mistakes?
:EmaFS: Oran, I don’t want to eat you… okay, honestly, that’s a bit of a lie, as a part of me wants to slurp you up like the noodle you are, but that’s beside the point. The point is that I want to make sure that when I leave this place you’ll be a better person compered to when I arrived. Guess you could just say that I don't want to leave this world as a complete monster.
:OranFS: Oh… t-that’s good…
:EmaFS: So now we just need to figure out a better way to get that arm back, because your research is taking way to long, dork.
:OranFS: Ow…
:EmaFS: Oh, and before I forget… those bottle that’s going to Duchess’s party?
:OranFS: Err… y-yeah? What d-do you want to do with them?
:EmaFS: Hmm… I’m thinking about it… we’re definitely not just delivering them without doing something to them…
>>
No. 1012570 ID: 96c896

They'd notice holy water... wait, of course. Make the potions *too good*. Overdose them! They won't notice that! Then they'll be tripping so hard you can waltz right in and gobble them up with no resistance.

Also, if the Duchess has enough cash to fund Oran's research, maybe you could steal it during the assault.
Anyway, we don't have any leads on how to get Oran his arm back faster. I guess we could ask our metal man friend. Would a metal arm be enough? (full metal alchemist reference anyone?)
>>
No. 1012588 ID: 19ea25

>>1012570
Actually that does sound like a good idea. To make it so good that they're basically euphoric and out of touch would make it easier to deal with just as it would if we poisoned it.

..Also is it me or is Oran starting to enjoy this?
>>
No. 1012589 ID: 2aa5f0

could you lace the drugs with that sleeping potion you have? If you get lucky people will just think that this a a strong batch of drugs or that people at the party are lightweights.

Also side note, but has Oran ever thought about getting a grant for his research or is that something he's tried before? I mean the ability to regrow limbs sounds like something somewhere would want to fund if he could pull it off.
>>
No. 1012591 ID: 96c896

...huh. The army of wraiths was sent against innocent people, right? And as we've seen, souls eaten by a wraith tend to rebel, possibly even taking over the wraith. So, I think that's how the gods were dethroned. The army eventually absorbed too many souls and became like their prey, rebelling against the gods they once served.
>>
No. 1012617 ID: 681cb5
File 163371169187.png - (55.28KB , 700x550 , 11.png )
1012617

>The army of wraiths was sent against innocent people, right? And as we've seen, souls eaten by a wraith tend to rebel, possibly even taking over the wraith. So, I think that's how the gods were dethroned. The army eventually absorbed too many souls and became like their prey, rebelling against the gods they once served.
While a nice theory, you’re sure not all the gods made giant armies of monstrosities that they all then lost control of at the same time. Of course, you wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of them were devoured by their own creations at some point… or sent their army against some other god they didn’t like…

>if the Duchess has enough cash to fund Oran's research, maybe you could steal it during the assault.
While she would have more than enough gold to fund his research, she probably won’t have it just lying around in a neat pile for you to steal… not to mention someone will probably notice if Oran suddenly got a lot more gold right after the Duchess “mysteriously” disappears.
>Is it me or is Oran starting to enjoy this?
Starting to? You’re pretty sure Oran has gotten off from your bullying from the start. It’s quite clear that he like being pushed around by a stronger gal… which is one of the reason why you continue to bully him like this…


>Has Oran ever thought about getting a grant for his research or is that something he's tried before? I mean the ability to regrow limbs sounds like something somewhere would want to fund if he could pull it off.
:OranFS: To get a grant I n-need to be part of a university… and they j-just accept applications from people with proper recommendations… which means that I either need to be a friend of someone important or be of noble birth, neither which I am.
:EmaFS: Huh…
:OranFS: I did c-consider traveling to the isle’s in my youth to apply at one of the Serpents universities, but I never got the opportunity to do so. So no, I can’t g-get a grant.
>They'd notice holy water... wait, of course. Make the potions *too good*. Overdose them! They won't notice that! Then they'll be tripping so hard you can waltz right in and gobble them up with no resistance.
:OranFS: I guess it’s possible to increase the dosage… but… um… then I need to make more of it… and… err… Karn burned all my leftover illegal ingredients so we’ll need to… um… g-get more?
:EmaFS: Hmm… maybe there’s an easier way to get the same result…
:OranFS: Err… there is?
>Could you lace the drugs with that sleeping potion you have? If you get lucky people will just think that this a strong batch of drugs or that people at the party are lightweights.
:OranFS: Um… I have to get m-my hands on the sleeping potion first but… y-yeah, that might work. If the dosage is right it will even take some time before the effects sets in, so they’ll probably not even know that it’s the drugs putting them to sleep.
:EmaFS: Which will make it easy for me to just gobble all of them up and that will be the end of the Duchess.
:OranFS: Err… right… except I don’t think this is enough drugs here for everyone at one of hers parties to get high off… she either have other suppliers or… um… not everyone drink these?
:EmaFS: …still, it will be easier to eat the Duchess after many of her followers are asleep. Either way, it will make things easier later.
:OranFS: Err… right… so as soon as I get that potion…
:EmaFS: I’ll go get it as soon as I’m done here.

>We don't have any leads on how to get Oran his arm back faster. I guess we could ask our metal man friend. Would a metal arm be enough?
:OranFS: Huh? A metal arm?
:EmaFS: Would that work?
:OranFS: I mean… um… it would be awesome, sure? If it… actually had the precision and aptitude of a normal arm then… I mean… I can’t see why not? At worst it’s better than nothing? Not to mention it might be interesting to experiment with…
:EmaFS: Then it’s settled! Let’s get you a-
:OranFS: But can they even make metal arms for people?
:EmaFS: I have no idea but it’s worth a try!
:OranFS: I g-guess?
:EmaFS: So you’re coming with me when the Yate thefoor guy brings me to his people!
:OranFS: 8, 3, 4?
:EmaFS: You met him yesterday, remember?
:OranFS: Oh… t-the strange guy? Y-yeah…

Alright, you’re done here right? You just need to make a quick stop to pick up that sleeping potion and bring it back here, but other than that… well, you really need to buy a breastplate too… but other than those two things… what’s next?
>>
No. 1012619 ID: 2aa5f0

>which means that I either need to be a friend of someone important or be of noble birth
Didn't you eat someone who was a noble or at least important? Could you use one of those forms to recommend Oran to see if he couldn't get into a university?

as for what to do next... uh, did we have any plans to check in on Justina to see how she's doing after taking an arrow to the chest and then becoming a vampire to not die? Plus I can't remember if she told us which noble she was sleeping with at the time so we could see if we wanted to eat him as well.
>>
No. 1012623 ID: 96c896

You should talk to the fortune teller again, and warn her that she's being targeted. Maybe try to get the stone from her?
>>
No. 1012642 ID: bbdaaf

>>1012617
Tell Oran that you don't know much about potions and to forgive you if this is a stupid question. Then ask why he didn't just make a bunch of healing potions, fill up a bathtub, and dunk his whole naked body into the tub and drink the whole thing through his skin? Wouldn't that have healed him enough to grow his arm back?
>>
No. 1012950 ID: 681cb5
File 163434419927.png - (60.05KB , 700x550 , 12.png )
1012950

>Did we have any plans to check in on Justina to see how she's doing after taking an arrow to the chest and then becoming a vampire to not die?
You really should try and find her again and see if she survived… and make sure she didn’t go mad when she became a vampire or something. Worst come to worst she might be good eating, as well as good experience for the Duchess and her goons. Though hopefully she’s still sane, as she’ll be more useful that way. The problem is finding her, as you have no idea where she is right now… you guess you can try and check the old sewers? The vampire that turned her had some kind of hidey hole down there, you think? But as you really don’t want to go down into the sewers again anytime soon, you’ll check if you can find her on the surface first.
>Plus I can't remember if she told us which noble she was sleeping with at the time so we could see if we wanted to eat him as well.
Oh, right, she mentioned a noble that was a vampire or something, didn’t she? His shape might be useful if you’re going to infiltrate the Duchess party later.

>Didn't you eat someone who was a noble or at least important? Could you use one of those forms to recommend Oran to see if he couldn't get into a university?
:EmaFS: You know, I ate Vivian a while back, didn’t I? Wasn’t she a noble? Can’t I use her to get you recommended to a university?
:OranFS: Um… I guess? Though, you’ll probably need to travel to the capital and talk to them there in person, so you can butter them up… and donate a lot of money… not to mention there’s a few months of paperwork you’ll need your non-existent servants to do… and then finally you can probably sign the papers to get me admitted?
:EmaFS: …you know, I think I won’t have the time to get you into an university…
:OranFS: Probably not, no. Plus, you’ll need to keep being around or they’ll probably just kick me out again. The whole point of having noble friends is that they can do favors… and it’s hard to do favors if you’re dead.
:EmaFS: Well, we still have the “metal arm” plan then.

>Ask why he didn't just make a bunch of healing potions, fill up a bathtub, and dunk his whole naked body into the tub and drink the whole thing through his skin? Wouldn't that have healed him enough to grow his arm back?
:OranFS: …because healing potions only rebind tissue, mend bones and stop blood loss? It doesn’t remember how you looked and can’t just magically regrow things you’ve lost.
:EmaFS: …but they are magical?
:OranFS: They are made of science, not magic! I mean… they are magic, but not… y-you know what I mean!
:EmaFS: I guess?
:OranFS: My point being, you can’t regrow limbs with just healing potions. You can reattach recently lost limbs with their help, as they basically mend the wound that severed them, but that’s about it. As my arm FUCKING EXPLODED I can’t really do that, can I? Besides, it’s too late now anyway… it’s already healed up as it is…
:EmaFS: Hmm…

>You should talk to the fortune teller again, and warn her that she's being targeted. Maybe try to get the stone from her?
That does seem like the most pressing matter at the moment, as she might be in danger right now. She’ll probably be your first priority... well, almost.

First, though, you make sure to finally buy that breastplate you were planning on getting. You even find one that fits under your tunic, so that it it’s barely noticeable that you’re wearing it in the first place. Second, you dig up that sleeping potion you left at Terroza’s brothers house and bring it to Oran, so he can start drugging the… err… drugs. Then finally, you head to the festival to see if you can get your fortune read by this Madame Nadezhda again.
>>
No. 1012951 ID: 681cb5
File 163434420705.png - (141.07KB , 700x550 , 13.png )
1012951

As you enter the fortune teller’s tent you don’t find Madame Nadezhda, as instead there’s this rather young Varkian lad there doing the readings.

:nonFOS: Ah! Welcome, welcome! I have been expecting you!
He smells like a thief and charlatan, one that tricks and steals from anyone he meets. He will be just as eager to empty the fat pockets of the rich as he would be to snatch the bread from the hungry mouths of the poor. A slightly tasty smell, in the end.
:nonFOS: Sit down and I’ll read your fortune, my opal colored beauty.
:EmaFS: …I guess it won’t hurt.
:nonFOS: Ah, yes, it’s all being revealed for me! …I see… a beautiful lady, one who’s scales shimmer like the sunset over the ocean… and eyes are like perfectly cut amethysts… oh, but what is this? It’s is you, of course! Silly me!
:EmaFS: Uh huh…
:nonFOS: And I see… that you’re going to have a very special meeting with a stranger… someone that’s clad in emeralds and who’s eyes are like opals. You will spend a very special night together… a night you’ll never forget…
He gives you a sly wink. It’s clear he’s done this before, as this boy is experienced in breaking hearts. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise you if he had several children around the lands that he has left behind to fend for themselves.
:EmaFS: Cute… but I’m actually here to see Madame Nadezhda. I need to talk to her.
:nonFOS: Oh, I’m sorry, my beautiful opal, but she is sadly not here right now.
:EmaFS: Then were is she?
:nonFOS: Why, she left a while ago to do some errands.
:EmaFS: …don’t tell me I missed her with just a few minutes.
:nonFOS: Of course not, my sweet little jewel, she left the first thing in the morning.
:EmaFS: Can you tell me where?
:nonFOS: …I don’t know, she didn’t say where she was going.
:EmaFS: …can you tell me anything useful?
:nonFOS: Well… hum… for you, my most gorgeous flower, I think I can try and remember something… let’s see… she was in a real hurry… she just picked up something from one of the shelf here behind me and left towards the outskirts of the city. Oh! And she went with a few armored fellows…
:EmaFS: Armored fellows? You mean the guard?
:nonFOS: No… they weren’t the guard… but they looked professional and they wore uniforms. Maybe some kind of sellsword?
:EmaFS: Sellswords, you say? Hmm…
:nonFOS: So, my jewel, don’t I deserve a reward for helping you, hmm?
:EmaFS:
>>
No. 1012955 ID: 2aa5f0

you know what, I'm in somewhat of a playful mood, think it would be funny to offer him a kiss and use your paralyzing touch to make it feel like you took his breath away and stun him for a few seconds as you walk out the tent? I mean based off the guy's smell he'd probably accept the kiss but would probably then try to get you to pay so by stunning him you'd be able to leave before he can say anything else.

If not just thank him for the information and leave before he can say anything else.
>>
No. 1012957 ID: b2ad5b

Hmmm. Not now, no. But he can be a small snack for later. Not eating him of course, it will cause trouble later. Ask him when and where we can find him for a quicky

Let's just go and keep looking for the fortune teller. We suddenly feel in a hurry, with you rapidly dying and all.
>>
No. 1012968 ID: 96c896

>>1012951
Ask him what the sellswords' uniforms looked like. What color? Any symbols? Which direction, exactly?
Sounds like he's not enough of a sinner to eat, even if we do need to eat more minor criminals. Remember, you're only supposed to eat people that are as bad or worse than Karn and Oran. Just go, follow the trail.
>>
No. 1013073 ID: 681cb5
File 163451161897.png - (130.15KB , 700x550 , 14.png )
1013073

>We suddenly feel in a hurry, with you rapidly dying and all.
Even with your death looming over your head like the spear of Da’moc’les the Hiver king, you can’t really just run around like a headless chicken. If anything, now is the time to focus and make sure you do things right.
>Let's just go and keep looking for the fortune teller.
While you do really need to find her as soon as possible, you don’t really know where she is right now. The “outskirts of the city” isn’t really a lot to go on. Hmm… and mercenaries? Have you heard anything about mercenaries somewhere else? You need more information… but from where?

>Sounds like he's not enough of a sinner to eat, even if we do need to eat more minor criminals. Remember, you're only supposed to eat people that are as bad or worse than Karn and Oran.
Except this creep is worse than them both… at least that’s what your nose tells you. Karn and Oran usually just smell bland, you know, edible but not very tasty. This guy actually smells like he would make a good meal, smelling tastier than either Oran or Karn has ever done, even at their worst. Though, compared to the others you’ve eaten so far, this is probably the least sinful person.
>He can be a small snack for later. Not eating him of course, it will cause trouble later.
…you guess you can always get a snack from him that way as well.

>Ask him what the sellswords' uniforms looked like. What color? Any symbols?
:nonFOS: Hmm… let met think… why, my beautiful little dove, I think I remember their symbol! It was a… black… um… bird of some kind? Oh, and they were wearing black colored clothes as well.
:EmaFS: So… black and bird, huh?
:nonFOS: That’s right, my amethyst eyed friend~
>Which direction, exactly?
:nonFOS: *Shrug* Down the street towards the wall, I guess?
:EmaFS: …can’t you be a bit more precise?
:nonFOS: Hey, I didn’t really care where she went, alright? That’s not my job… no, my job is to make sure cute ladies like yourself is well taken cared off, hmm?~
Okay, his directions are definitely not helping…
>Ask him when and where we can find him later.
:nonFOS: Why, I’ll be right here, cutie, all day long…

>You know what, I'm in somewhat of a playful mood, think it would be funny to offer him a kiss and use your paralyzing touch to make it feel like you took his breath away and stun him for a few seconds as you walk out the tent?
:EmaFS: You know… you’ve been ever so helpful so… maybe you do deserve a kiss…
:nonFOS: Oh?

You lean forward over the table towards him while he does the same. It’s clear his done this before, as he easily guides you into the kiss and takes control, giving you probably the best smooch you’ve ever gotten, at least on a pure practical level. Of course, he’s not ready at all when you let a slight jolt pulse through his body, paralyzing him on the spot for a few seconds.
>>
No. 1013074 ID: 681cb5
File 163451163361.png - (49.36KB , 700x550 , 15.png )
1013074

As you pull away from his now paralyzed body you feel something brush against your hip. Looking down you see his hand, still frozen solid, holding your coin pouch! If it wasn’t for you paralyzing him in the middle of the act you would never notice him stealing it from you, the cur!

…you know, you shouldn’t be surprised that a thief would try and steal from you.
>>
No. 1013075 ID: 96c896

Oh he's worse than K&O? Eat him. Just make sure nobody sees you. Or take a different form during the process just in case.
>>
No. 1013076 ID: 094652

Bird goes down the pussy's gullet!
>>
No. 1013090 ID: b2ad5b

Oh, you cheeky little fucker!

I still say we don't eat him. Yet. We got better things to do. Just leave him there. Or better yet. Take his clothes off and leave him somewere were people can see him. With luck he'll go to jail for exibitionist.
>>
No. 1013091 ID: 19ea25

Take the meal. He'll prove useful for us later.
>>
No. 1013095 ID: 2a24a2

>>1013090
Seconding this. Then warn him if he does something again then you'll do something.
>>
No. 1013114 ID: 681cb5
File 163459678775.png - (116.85KB , 700x550 , 16.png )
1013114

:EmaFS: Oh, you cheeky little fucker!
:FoodFos: …!

>Take his clothes off and leave him somewhere were people can see him. With luck he'll go to jail for exhibitionist.
There’s no way you can drag him out of the tent without anyone noticing, as there’s a ton of people on the street out there. There’s also the problem that he’s not going to stay paralyze for a lot longer, and your stun needs a minute or two to recharge.
>Oh he's worse than K&O? Eat him.
Hoisting him up to your maw, you gobble him down in just two quick gulps, making him disappear in less than ten seconds. You really should eat more cute boys like him, because he was both tasty and slid down easy.
>Just make sure nobody sees you.
The two of you were alone in here, so as long as you don’t waste too much time getting out of here you’ll be fine.
>He'll prove useful for us later.
Only as rump fat… though, you don’t need to digest him just yet if you actually find another use for him, seeing as you’re still rather well fed from the trio of bandits you ate yesterday.
>Bird goes down the pussy's gullet!
…wait, do you mean you’re a pussy for eating him or… that you want to eat him with your pussy? Eh, it doesn’t matter, he’s already been ate anyway…

…well, you’re now alone in the fortuneteller’s tent with a belly full of bird, which doesn’t really help with your current task. You still need to find Madame Nadezhda, but this idiot wasn’t really much help in that matter… all you know is that she left with some black clad mercenaries after grabbing something from one of the shelves here. What you need is more information about those sellswords, because you’re pretty sure you’ve heard about them before as well, but where can you find that kind of information?

Of course, worst come to worst you can always focus your attention on something else you need to do. Your to-do list is far from empty after all…
>>
No. 1013120 ID: 96c896

>>1013114
The thing she grabbed was the stone. Look, there's an empty pedestal for it.
First priority is to leave the tent and not attract attention to yourself. Second priority is to... actually at this point why don't we talk to that old vark that wanted to talk to you? I bet he'll know who those mercs are.
>>
No. 1013124 ID: 2c9826

>>1013120
I second this, obviously she took the stone. We won't get much more from this place. Maybe talking to that vark will give us more information we could use. We need to ask around for mercenaries with the description the chicken nugget gave us.
>>
No. 1013138 ID: 36784c

>>1013114
>What you need is more information about those sellswords, because you’re pretty sure you’ve heard about them before as well, but where can you find that kind of information?
The only people in black cloaks that you’ve met we’re the 3 thicc thots that you ate. Not entirely sure if they’re part of the same group that’s with the fortune teller.

Also I just now noticed something about Ema in these pictures: >>/questarch/861072 , >>1011861 . Not only did Ema get thiccer, she’s also gotten taller! I wonder how no one else has noticed yet?
>>
No. 1013167 ID: 094652

Well, your first priority is to make this asshole's disappearance plausible.
Start by stealing objects that look extra valuable, then make a mess of the place; try to sculpt the damage so the tent looks like it was kneecapped by a sledgehammer. Make the fight look one-sided, you're building a fantasy of an anti-paladin who has the power to quick-draw their greathammer. This will throw them off the scent and leave the heat low; nobody's going to turn heads in this town if they hear some adventurer snapped and murdered this con-man.
>>
No. 1013184 ID: a9af05

>>1013167
Don't do that. Let's just quickly leave before anyone notices us.
>>
No. 1013280 ID: 681cb5
File 163477428038.png - (38.31KB , 700x550 , 17.png )
1013280

>Not only did Ema get thiccer, she’s also gotten taller! I wonder how no one else has noticed yet?
You’ve always been tall… you’ve just gotten a better posture that’s all. And you’re sure no one will notice, seeing that pretty much everyone has changed slightly over the last… err… day. Hell, were did Oran get that long ass neck of his anyway?

>The thing she grabbed was the stone. Look, there's an empty pedestal for it.
…wait, are you saying that it was there all along? That it was right in front of your snout from the start? She can’t have had it on freaking display in the open like that, right? Ugh, okay, last time you were here you didn’t even know the stones existed, so there’s that at least…
>The only people in black cloaks that you’ve met we’re the 3 thicc thots that you ate. Not entirely sure if they’re part of the same group that’s with the fortune teller.
Hmm… you’re pretty sure they were just bandits? Probably? Though they were hired by Karkan, who you know is a black feathered Varkian so… there’s that connection, you guess? Wait, speaking of those thots, didn’t the book you stole from Corvus while dealing with them say something about mercenaries at Dalriver? Hmm… maybe they are connected after all…

>Well, your first priority is to make this asshole's disappearance plausible. Start by stealing objects that look extra valuable.
…unless you value newt eyes and weird herbs highly, there’s nothing really valuable here. It mostly just… garlic? Actually, why is there so damn much garlic in here anyway?
>Then make a mess of the place; try to sculpt the damage so the tent looks like it was kneecapped by a sledgehammer. Make the fight look one-sided.
There is just one problem with that, if someone was clobbered with a warhammer, wouldn’t there be a bunch of blood around? And a corpse?
>Nobody's going to turn heads in this town if they hear some adventurer snapped and murdered this con-man.
You’re right about that at least... let just hope they assume he was clobbered to death somewhere else where they can’t find a body. In fact, he probably managed to seduce the wrong person and the snu snu went wrong or something… yeah, that’s it, he was clobbered by a warhammer somewhere else, that’s why there’s no body in here! Simple!

>Let's just quickly leave before anyone notices us.
No one seems to notice you as you exit the tent, pretending like nothing is out of the ordinary. In fact, no one around you pays you any heed at all, as they are all busy either selling trinkets, conning people with impossible festival games or wasting coin on said trinkets and games. Throwing a quick glance backwards just as you round the corner, you catch a glimpse of a female Serpents slithering into the fortuneteller’s tent, so it’s a good thing you left it when you did.
>>
No. 1013281 ID: 681cb5
File 163477429175.png - (81.97KB , 700x550 , 18.png )
1013281

>Second priority is to... actually at this point why don't we talk to that old vark that wanted to talk to you?
Right, Corvus the head librarian wanted to talk to you… probably about how you heroically saved him from getting killed by those evil thots yesterday… right before you broke into his safe and stole his stuff. Let’s hope he doesn’t know about that last part.
>We need to ask around for mercenaries with the description the chicken nugget gave us.
…well, a good place to start would be with Corvus, right?

There is a bit more commotion around the library today, as you see several guards patrolling around the perimeter, as well as a pair of them standing guard on each side of the entrance. None of them give you more than a quick look over when you walk up to the doors, so at least they aren’t looking for you. In fact, you can see a few wanted posters around that depict the three bandits you dealt with yesterday, promising a reward if you bring proof of their deaths to the guard.

As soon as you enter the building you spot Corvus, as he’s sitting in the middle of the library, not far from the entrance. He’s currently in the middle of a conversation with one of the guards, so he hasn’t notice you yet.

:CorvusFS: -much longer will you keep me out of my office?
:NonFoS: We will be done in an hour or two, sir.
:CorvusFS: Good... and do make sure you keep an extra guard or two around the library, just in case.
:NonFoS: We have made sure to station a few extra men around, sir.
:CorvusFS: Good, good… *grumble*

As soon as the lady leaves his side you watch his gaze quickly lock into your own, staring daggers at you for a long while before he begins to speak…

:CorvusFS: So you did actually come after all. *Hmpf* You look nothing like her… but I digress, that’s not why I asked you to come. Please, take a seat… and then tell me what the hell happened yesterday and where my damn books are.
:EmaFS: Um… can we have talk somewhere a bit more private?
:CorvusFS: No. I rather have this conversation surrounded by the city guard, I’m sure you’ll understand. So, take a seat.
>>
No. 1013293 ID: 96c896

>>1013281
Ugh, should've turned around as soon as you saw the guards...

Tell him your privacy is non-negotiable. You saved his life, he owes you that much. And yes, you'll be returning those books you borrowed, today if he wants.
>>
No. 1013310 ID: 2c9826

> Actually, why is there so damn much garlic in here anyway?
For thw vampires of course.
>>1013293

Yeah, it's true. You just needed them for for a little bit. You hold no ill will towards him. If fack, you are rather glad that he is safe and taht you happen to be there when the three stooges attaked him. This might be a perfect oportunity to exchange information.
>>
No. 1013322 ID: 36784c

>>1013281
>tell me what the hell happened yesterday and where my damn books are.
He was unconscious when you were in his office dealing with the Thicc Thieves, so that means he shouldn’t know that you were there.

In fact, the only one he should be suspecting is Elric, your male Sakkilian form, since he was the one asking for the books. You as Ema have never met with Corvus, only your Elric form has met him. Which means right now, he’s trying to trick you into admitting that you have his stuff! Don’t admit to anything!

You should respond that you don’t know what happened. All you know is that you were told to come meet him, so you came here to see why he wanted to meet you.

>No. I rather have this conversation surrounded by the city guard, I’m sure you’ll understand.
Question if he’s sure that he feels safe with the guards around. You’ve heard rumors that some of them have been strong arming some businesses to pay for “protection”.
>>
No. 1013349 ID: a9af05

>>1013322
>He's trying to trick us!
>Only Elric has met Corvus, not Ema
Had to go back to check this. You're right, Ema hasn't met Corvus as herself.

It really does look like he's trying to make us admit to taking his things. We'd better be careful and not say anything that would imply that we do have his things!
>>
No. 1013355 ID: 2c9826

>>1013322
Ok, that is true. BUT, why does he suspect Ema? You think he knows she is unnatural? Maybe remembers that she was supposed to be dead? Is he in contact with the other vark lady?
>>
No. 1013372 ID: a9af05

>>1013322
>Guards are corrupt
You probably shouldn't say any of that. It might not be a good idea to mention how corrupt the guards are when we're surrounded by them.

>>1013355
We don't know why he suspects Ema.

What we do know is that he was unconscious the whole time we were in his office, which is how we were able to get away with eating the two thieves in front of him. There's no way he should know that Ema is an undead, so there's gotta be some other reason to why he's doing this.
>>
No. 1013437 ID: 681cb5
File 163493038592.png - (72.22KB , 700x550 , 19.png )
1013437

>The Garlic is for the vampires of course.
Does garlic even work against vampires? Hmm… maybe you should buy some, just in case? Though you have to question why the nomads have so much garlic everywhere… are they just generally afraid of vampires or do they know the Countess is a vampire?
>Ugh, should've turned around as soon as you saw the guards...
The though did cross your mind, but you do really need information that only Corvus seems to know. Of course, he knows where you’re staying anyway so there’s no stopping him from just sending the guard there instead…

>He was unconscious when you were in his office dealing with the Thicc Thieves, so that means he shouldn’t know that you were there.
Wait, you’re right! How the heck does he know who you are? You’ve never even met the guy as Ema, have you?
>In fact, the only one he should be suspecting is Elric, your male Sakkilian form, since he was the one asking for the books. You as Ema have never met with Corvus, only your Elric form has met him.
That’s right! You were here as Elric, not Ema… though, you did mention Ema and her having blue scales as Elric, so… it’s possible he knows who you are from that? Still doesn’t explain how he knows you took the books, though.
>It really does look like he's trying to make us admit to taking his things. We'd better be careful and not say anything that would imply that we do have his things!
Right, let’s keep our snout shut about that… or at least try. You’re not really good at that sort of thing.
>BUT, why does he suspect Ema? You think he knows she is unnatural? Maybe remembers that she was supposed to be dead? Is he in contact with the other vark lady?
Okay, don’t panic! There’s no way he knows you’re a Wraith, right? Right? And he just said that you look nothing like “her”, so he probably don’t believe you’re actually the Ema from Dalriver either… yet, here we are, surrounded by guards… alright, let’s not jump to conclusion just yet…


>Tell him your privacy is non-negotiable.
:CorvusFS: Indeed. Thus we’re going to sit right here, were everyone can see us.
:EmaFS: …and if I just turn around and leave?
:CorvusFS: Then I’ll ask the guards to stop you. Now sit down and let’s have a conversation about this. No need to do anything... foolhardy.
:EmaFS: …still, I don’t want to talk were people can hear.
:CorvusFS: This is a library, do you honestly think there wouldn’t be runes of silencing installed here?
:EmaFS: …I grew up in a village without a library, so I had no idea those kind of runes even existed.
:CorvusFS: Then let me introduce you to the concept. There are runes carved on the underside of every table in here, which damped the sounds made nearby them. Thus, as long as we converse in a calm and collected manner, then no one but us will hear it.
:EmaFS: Oh.
>Question if he’s sure that he feels safe with the guards around. You’ve heard rumors that some of them have been strong arming some businesses to pay for “protection”.
:CorvusFS: Rumors I’m sure are true. That’s why I’ve made sure not to pick a batch with bad apples in it.
:EmaFS: So you trust them?
:CorvusFS: I trust my friend, the lieutenant over there… and she trusts the men she brought with her I’m sure. So yes, I trust them.
:EmaFS: … (None of them smell tasty, so there’s that… in fact, you’re pretty sure none of them are even edible. So you guess you can trust them somewhat? Or maybe it’s just that darn garlic smell drowning it out…)

>You should respond that you don’t know what happened. All you know is that you were told to come meet him, so you came here to see why he wanted to meet you.
:CorvusFS: …so you’re saying we’ve never encountered each other before??
:EmaFS: Not in recent years, old man, no.
:CorvusFS: Old!? I’m 28, you… *Grumble* but back to the topic at hand… then you can agree that you’ve never been in my office as well?
:EmaFS: Yes?
:CorvusFS: …did you know we Varkian molts from time to time, dropping our feathers so we can replace them with new ones?
:EmaFS: Um… what does that have to do with anything?
He holds up a pair of tweezers, which is currently grabbing something small and blue.
:CorvusFS: Sakkilian’s, like yourself, do the same.
:EmaFS: …is that a scale?
:CorvusFS: This is indeed a blue scale… which was in my office… which you just said you’ve never been in?
:EmaFS: …my friend Elric met you yesterday, remember? Maybe it was stuck to his clothes?
:CorvusFS: Oh? And did he also visit the restricted section? As well as broke into my personal safe? Because there were a scale or two in there as well.
:EmaFS: Err… there may be another blue scaled Sakkilian here in the city?
:CorvusFS: Perhaps… though unlikely. Of course, even if there were, they didn’t have a wizard friend who came by and talked about them moments before I was attacked, did they?
:EmaFS: I guess?
:CorvusFS: *sigh* Listen, I just want this over with. Just return the books and we’ll forget this ever happened. They are of no value to you anyway.

>You'll be returning those books you borrowed, today if he wants.
:CorvusFS: Good. That wasn’t too difficult, was it?
>You hold no ill will towards him. In fact, you are rather glad that he is safe and that you happen to be there when the three stooges attacked him.
:CorvusFS: …we have never met, why would you care about me?
:EmaFS: …we’ve actually met before, ten years ago…
:CorvusFS: No, we have not.
:EmaFS: I-
:CorvusFS: I already told your wizard friend that I will not tolerate whatever con you’re trying to pull. You are not her. You look nothing like her. She died there like the others. I saw them burn her body with the rest. Do not mention her ever again.

>This might be a perfect opportunity to exchange information.
:CorvusFS: Information? Really? What kind of information?
:EmaFS: For starters, do you know a mercenary company that are clad in black and has a bird as their symbol?
:CorvusFS: …why would you care about the Ebony Ravens?
:EmaFS: well, I-
:CorvusFS: No, let’s take this from the beginning. Who are you really? Why are you here? Why do you care about Dalriver so much and finally, what exactly happened yesterday?
:EmaFS: Hey, we’re supposed to exchange information, dork, not just give it all away.
:CorvusFS: Then ask your question while you answer mine.
>>
No. 1013440 ID: 3fd0d9

>Then ask your question while you answer mine.
That is the thing, yo just wont let us! Every time we bring the Dalriver subjet, you avid it. We undertand that it was a painfull experience, belive us, we know, but we also need to know what happend there, what you saw.
We weren't laying when we said we met ten years ago. And you are right, she... did died, along with everyone else. But not really, unfurtunally. If you are thinking of Ema, the doughter of the smith, then you are corerct, we 'were' her. Do yo uremember teh swords in the chapel? They weren't ust swords, they were holy relics from very long ago. We accidentaly made a blood pact before we were killed, and tuned us into what we are now. Which we will tell you, after you answer some of our questions.
Tell us about the Ebony Ravens. They were escorting Madame Nadezhda, we don't know were and why. We must know this.
>>
No. 1013449 ID: 094652

"Because I was there.
Because I was the one who cremated your friends.
Because I was the one who stole flesh from them.
Because that wasn't enough and I still fell into hibernation from my wounds.
I wouldn't give your petulant village two flips if not for the following: the monsters that attacked you wanted revenge against the adventurer from this village who murdered their children. But they only snapped and exterminated everyone because you 'stole their purpose': toiling to death in the farmlands.
I lost ten years of my life, in a coma, because an army of robot slaves desired their enslavement back.
Their. Enslavement. Back.
I couldn't turn away from the blow to my pride even if you paid me."
>>
No. 1013455 ID: 96c896

>>1013437
>you look nothing like her
He's right, you know. Your horns are wrong, your snout is wrong, your jawline is wrong. Only the scales and eye color match. Why didn't the swords restore your body properly? We'll have to ask them later. Maybe it was on purpose, because Ema was confirmed dead by the survivors and thus any of them seeing Ema walking around again would know that you were a wraith.

>Who are you really?
You're an adventurer. He can call you Amy.
Who are the Ebony Ravens?

>Why are you here?
To set things right. To find then bring to justice those responsible for the massacre at Dalriver. Also there's a massive vampire infestation that needs handling; there are some other adventurers in town working on that and you're planning to help.
Does he know anything about who's responsible for the massacre?

>Why do you care about Dalriver so much?
Well, it was a horrible tragedy, and also it personally affected you. You'd rather not talk about the specifics. (he won't believe that you're Ema without us telling him you're a wraith, so let him assume something else)
Does he know anything about the Duchess? Aside from her being a vampire.

>What exactly happened yesterday?
Hasn't he figured it out? He has clear evidence. You saved his life, disposed of the thieves, and took what they were after, to find out why they wanted it. You didn't want the guards to know because the corrupt guards are probably involved, and the trustworthy ones might arrest you for what you did.
Why did he have the stone?

Other questions: we could ask about Karkan or the Metal People.
>>
No. 1013460 ID: a9af05

>>1013437
Tell him that if he'd stop interrupting you when you're trying to explain things, he'd already have all of his answers by now. So you'd appreciate it if he'd stop doing that, otherwise we'll be here all day.

>Why do you care about what happened in Dalriver?
Because he's not the only one that lost friends and family that day. You want to find out what happened because your relatives were killed there.

>What happened yesterday?
You questioned the thieves and found out they were hired to steal a special stone from him and then kill him (he doesn't need to know that they weren't going to actually follow their orders). You even found out the name of the guy that hired them to do that. Then tell him it was his father, Karkan.
>>
No. 1013492 ID: 36784c

>>1013437
>blue scales
If enough time passes, then those will melt away, like all the other samples that Oran collected from you. Then he won’t have any evidence to prove that you were upstairs. But if he can figure out why those scales have melted away, then he’ll realize that you’re an undead.

It pretty much comes down to you getting lucky and he won’t understand why the scales melted or you getting lucky and he won’t tell the guards to hunt you down for being an undead.

>>1013455
This.

>>1013449
No, don’t say that!
>>
No. 1013804 ID: 681cb5
File 163545685711.png - (36.79KB , 700x550 , 20.png )
1013804

>Because I was the one who cremated your friends. Because I was the one who stole flesh from them.
Wait, where did you get that from? You were definitely already dead by the time they burned the corpses… and you didn’t steal any flesh as far as you know. Though… the swords might have eaten his brother soul, but you’re not sure about that. Not that you would ever actually tell him about it.
>I wouldn't give your petulant village two flips.
Hey! That was your village as well! And you Ma and Pa died there! And your friends!

>If enough time passes, then those will melt away, like all the other samples that Oran collected from you. Then he won’t have any evidence to prove that you were upstairs. But if he can figure out why those scales have melted away, then he’ll realize that you’re an undead.
Oran said they were deteriorating, not melting… not to mention he only sawit while observing them with all those weird tools he has down in his lab, so you can only assume that it won’t really be noticeable for the naked eye… at least, not yet. Heck, for all you know, by the time they are noticeable falling apart you might just… well, have already fallen apart yourself. As for Corvus and his scales… he’s probably already given some of them to his guard friend, just to be safe.
>He's right, you know. Your horns are wrong, your snout is wrong, your jawline is wrong. Only the scales and eye color match. Why didn't the swords restore your body properly?
Seriously, you look the same as you always have! You’re still Ema! You’re still just as blue, just as tall and your snout and fins hasn’t changed one bit! While you admit your butt might have gotten a bit bigger, nothing else has changed. You’re still the same Ema from 10 years ago.


>Tell him that if he'd stop interrupting you when you're trying to explain things, he'd already have all of his answers by now. So you'd appreciate it if he'd stop doing that, otherwise we'll be here all day.
:CorvusFS: …*grumble* I… apologize. I tend to get a bit riled up concerning certain subjects.
>Hasn't he figured what happened yesterday out? He has clear evidence.
:CorvusFS: I have my theories, indeed, but I still wish to hear your side of the story. To make sure the details are correct.
:EmaFS: Fine. I spotted them hanging around here acting all suspicious after… after my wizard friend had just talked to you, so I stayed around just in case they were up to no good. Well, long story short, it turned out they were indeed up to no good, I saved your sorry tail feathers, disposed the thieves and grabbed the things they were after to find out why they wanted it. I really didn’t want the guards involved because… well, I’ve already had some bad experience with corruption with them.
:CorvusFS: Terroza?
:EmaFS: Exactly.
:CorvusFS: Hmm… and you disposed of them… how exactly?
:EmaFS: You don’t want to know, trust me.
:CorvusFS: But did you managed to make them just disappear? The guard only spotted one Varkian leaving… who didn’t fit the description of the supposed trio that attacked me, being blue and all. Or was that you?
:EmaFS: That was indeed me, though I can’t say why they thought I was a Varkian. As for how I made them disappear… I have my ways…
:CorvusFS: …while I do wish to know more, it’s not important right now. Let’s move on…
>You're an adventurer. He can call you Amy.
:CorvusFS: Amy? Really?
:EmaFS: Amy Ligiadottir, yes.
:CorvusFS: And Dalriver?
:EmaFS: I want to set things right. To bring JUSTICE to those responsible for the massacre!
:CorvusFS: …but why?
:EmaFS: Because you’re not the only one that lost friends and family that day. I need to find out because some of my relatives was killed there as well.
:CorvusFS: …you had relatives there?
:EmaFS: With the Smith’s family, yes.
:CorvusFS: …their daughter had the same blue scales as you, so that does make sense. Very well, Amy, I see that we have… similar agendas on this subject. I, too, seek retribution for the crimes committed back home.

>Every time we bring the Dalriver subject, you avoid it. We understand that it was a painful experience, believe us, we know, but we also need to know what happened there, what you saw.
:CorvusFS: What I saw? Considering the fact that I was hiding in my father’s hidden basement the whole time, then I can’t say I saw very much, can I? But I have done a lot of research into the subject, discreetly, and collected some evidence of what happened back then. That is why I need those books back, as they contain years of my notes and all the evidence I’ve collected so far.
:EmaFS: Geez, I’ve already told you I’m going to return it all. So what did you find out? What happened back then?
:CorvusFS: What I know for certain is that on the first day of this very festival, ten years ago, the band of Sellswords that call themselves The Ebony Ravens came to Dalriver on urgent business. They had been hired to protect the village from some kind of beasts that was about to attack it. Those that were able to hold a blade joined them at the outskirts of the village while the rest of the townsfolk barricaded themselves in the town hall. I chose to… hide somewhere else, were I thought it would be safer.
:EmaFS: Which apparently it was.
:CorvusFS: What happened next is a bit of an uncertainty, as I didn’t witness them with my own eyes. The mercenaries failed and fled as whatever monster they were fighting proved too dangerous, all the while a fire spread through the town, burning down most of it, including the town hall, which I have to remind you was still full of people who had barricaded themselves in there.
:EmaFS: I… see… and this evidence you’ve found? What is that about?
:CorvusFS: Someone has been trying to remove all evidence that the Ebony Ravens was ever there in the first place, and tried to make it look like the village was burned down by simple bandits. But I’ve dug up not only proof that they were there, but that they were paid by some kind of benefactor a lot of coin to lure the beasts to the village and “protect it”. While I have no definite proof of whom this might be, I do know that the Duchess herself has been trying to buy up the land for a long time to no avail, and she quickly claimed it as her own after the incident. She then wasted no time to build a large mining complex to extract the gold that was rumored to be there… all off the books, of course, so she wouldn’t have to pay the kingdoms tax on it.
:EmaFS: But there aren’t any gold in those hills… that’s just a legend.
:CorvusFS: It was indeed a legend, as they never found any gold. But they didn’t know that until they started digging, did they?
:EmaFS: …so the duchess had the whole village razed because she wanted to get access to some non-existent gold?
:CorvusFS: Exactly. Though, given all the theatrics, I don’t think they were planning to actually burn the whole town to the ground in the first place. Probably just scare away all the villagers… or be given enough reason to forcefully relocate them so she would have free rein of the land, but things didn’t go as planned.

>The monsters that attacked you wanted revenge against the adventurer from this village who murdered their children.
:CorvusFS: Hmm, yes, that would be something that would greatly anger anyone, though… who is this adventurer you talked about? We didn’t have… unless you mean my father?
:EmaFS: I’m talking about Karkan, yes.
:CorvusFS: …he wasn’t really an adventurer, but a member of The Ebony Ravens. But such details are unimportant.
>Ask about Metal People.
:CorvusFS: Metal what now?
:EmaFS: The monsters that attacked the village. They were people made out of metal.
:CorvusFS: … … …some kind of construct, then? Golem? But why would they attack us… and why would a construct even have children… unless… hmm…
>But they only snapped and exterminated everyone because you 'stole their purpose': toiling in the farmlands.
:CorvusFS: …so they are old farming tools!? *Grumble* I would have say you’re mad if it wasn’t for some of the evidence I’ve found earlier. So the monster they found were old construct from the old empires? I’d say it wouldn’t be surprising if they all gone insane by now, though… you mentioned their young, which means they must be reproducing. In short, they found an old artificial species, destroyed their young and then led them to our village... but why? Did they try and remove them from the equation as well?
:EmaFS: And I’m now tracking them down to bring them to Justice.
:CorvusFS: …no.
:EmaFS: No?
:CorvusFS: They are just a bunch of machines who tried to enact the very same Justice you’re talking about right now, and just as they failed so will you if you try the same. No, if you seek Justice then you don’t hunt down the pawns, but the king that commands them. The same can be said about the Ebony Ravens, their rank and file is just a bunch of trained animals who kills on their owners command. They are just a bunch of stupid beasts, nothing more. You don’t exact vengeance on a stupid mutt, you exact vengeance on its master that trained it. Find whoever led those things to our village and bring them to Justice! That’s the only way we’ll have our retribution.
:EmaFS: …and who is the master?
:CorvusFS: The Duchess for one… and whoever is the leader of the Ebony Ravens.
:EmaFS: Right…

>Why did he have the stone?
:CorvusFS: … … …I found my father’s pack lying open as they started to direct people to the city hall… and I just shouldn’t help myself from grabbing it. It’s the reason why I hid alone instead with the others.
:EmaFS: Lying open? So someone else had taken the other stones?
:CorvusFS: There were only one there, I can’t say if there are any others. I have no idea what they even are, other than they are some old artifact from the last age. Oh, and I rather have it returned as well with the books.
:EmaFS: You just said you don’t know what it is, why do you want it back?
:CorvusFS: It’s still belonged to my father and…
He glances away for just a moment and you feel a ping of guilt from him… and a whiff of greed.
:CorvusFS: *Grumble* I want it back.
:EmaFS: Alright alright…
>Tell us about the Ebony Ravens.
:CorvusFS: They are a bunch of mercenaries who will do anything for coin, coin that is mostly paid by the very Duchess of this county and her circle of nobles’.
:EmaFS: So they are just Sellswords?
:CorvusFS: Sellswords who do a lot of… unsavory things. In fact, I’ve found a lot of evidence that they are part of an underground slave trade her in the city, though the who and the why still eludes me. I have a theory that the Duchess has more illegal mining operations, but I just can’t find any proof of it.
:EmaFS: Do you know from where they operate?
:CorvusFS: They have nothing official, but there’s a rather run down tavern near the edge of the city at the river front called “Fairwood’s Flagon” where they usual hang out. I’ve spotted them wander outside the city walls as well, to the south, though I’m not sure where they go from there. My guess is that they have some kind of hideout there.
:EmaFS: Then I guess I’ll need to find them…
:CorvusFS: I’ve been collecting a lot of damning evidence against them over the years, though I still lack the final piece. I am certain they keep some kind of books or accounts of what they’ve been doing in their hideout, which would be crucial for the case I’m building against them. If you can somehow sneak your way in and acquire these papers…
:EmaFS: …I’ll see what I can do. (Or I can just eat everyone… that’s a lot easier).
>They were escorting Madame Nadezhda, we don't know where and why.
:EmaFS: And they were escorting her in the same direction as this supposed hideout as well.
:CorvusFS: Hmm… I can’t say why, but… maybe they think she’s a witness? She was there 10 years ago, after all.
:EmaFS: She did have one of those stones as well…
:CorvusFS: …so she’s the one who stole from that bag before me? Hmm… they seem interested in the stones, clearly, ergo… they came after her because of what she stole, and it’s as simple as that.
>We could ask about Karkan.
:CorvusFS: My father? What about him?
:EmaFS: I’m pretty sure he’s the one who sent those three goons after you yesterday.
:CorvusFS: He’s still alive? I… I thought he would… no, you’re right. The man always was a blowhard, so it wouldn’t be surprising that he never even tried to find me.
:EmaFS: He hired them to kill you, Corvus.
:CorvusFS: ...I guess he’s finally gone off the deep end then. Karkan was the leader of the Ebony Ravens… and if he’s still alive, then he probably still is.
:EmaFS: So we need to find him to get Justice?
:CorvusFS: …it’s the first step, yes. If he’s the one that lead the monsters to our village… and ordered his men to burn it down… yes, he’s one of those that need to face Justice… him and the Duchess.

>Does he know anything about the Duchess? Aside from her being a vampire.
:CorvusFS: She’s a what!?
:EmaFS: She’s a vampire. Most of the nobles are vampires as well. It’s a huge infestation right here in the city. There’s even some vampire hunters who are here to hunt her down and I’m planning on helping them.
:CorvusFS: That’s… that’s… ridiculous! Yet… as foolish as it sounds… *grumble* I can’t believe I’m about to say this but… it makes sense. It explains some many so many of the discrepancies I’ve found. While I’d always knew that I wouldn’t be able to get the Duchess to face her crimes in court, this just makes it final. I guess… I guess I simply have to hope that those vampire hunters do her in…
>>
No. 1013806 ID: 96c896

>>1013804
Excellent, it seems you have him on your side, and we have two clear targets now. Also, you have been advised not to go after the metal men... but I think you should at least give them a stern talking to.
I suspect that there's no gold under the village, but instead some ruins related to the old gods. We might want to go down there, and make sure no one can claim what remains. Or... maybe there's something there that can restore the swords' power? So you stop degenerating?

>guilt, greed
Ask him how much money he wants for the stone. You can keep it safe, safer than he can.

After this, we should go rescue the fortune teller and retrieve the stolen stone.
>>
No. 1013814 ID: f40a91

>…so the duchess had the whole village razed because she wanted to get access to some non-existent gold?
Fucking bitch, it didn't got out of hand, that was all planned. We already know she is a vampire or in cahoots with them. She is powerful enough to make the automatons attack the village. Hell, it wasn't even for the gold, it was for the stones i bet. She must be an ally of Corvus's father too.

>(Or I can just eat everyone… that’s a lot easier)
Don't be dense, you're going to die a mosnter like that.

>I guess I simply have to hope that those vampire hunters do her in…
Don't worry, we'll be on it as well. She is part of this whole mess, we will PERSONALLY judge her.

>Maybe there's something there that can restore the swords' power? So you stop degenerating?
That would make sense, they were in the village for a reason. Actually, let's ask them why they were in there in the first place, if we haven't already.

>Buy the stone from him.
We could do that yes. But somthing tells me that he would listen to reason if we give him one to give it to us. Either way, the stones are coming with us.
>>
No. 1013839 ID: 96c896

>>1013814
>But somthing tells me that he would listen to reason if we give him one to give it to us.
Uh, I can't parse that. Explain?
>>
No. 1013853 ID: f40a91

>>1013839
Uhh I meant to say that if we give him a good reason to take the stones with us, he would probably accept, he is not an unreasonable guy. I was kinda tired when wrote that.
Probably the fact that the machines REALLY want the stones will dissuade him from keeping his. He knows what they can do, he wont want a redo of Dalriver here.
>>
No. 1013862 ID: 73e8f3

>>1013804
"I know one of these metal men. They want the stone back, and likely need it far more than you do."
>>
No. 1013934 ID: bbdaaf

>>1013804
Tell him what you know. The metal people found his father almost dead, so they helped heal him. He thanked them by stealing the 3 stones you mentioned and running away.

You told him the metal people were reproducing, so explain that the stones are involved in that process. So with the stones gone, they couldn't reproduce, so the chased his father to Dalriver. He's the reason the metal people came to Dalriver and killed everyone.
>>
No. 1013938 ID: 3513c8

>>1013934
That might not work. Remember, he thinks the "metal people" are old farming tools. Maybe we should try to phrase it in a way that makes it sound like returning the stones will fix them or something like that?
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason