[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 162454141435.png - (23.24KB , 500x500 , title.png )
1004042 No. 1004042 ID: 6b73b4

You are in space.
Expand all images
>>
No. 1004044 ID: 50af53

But why? Why are we in space?
>>
No. 1004045 ID: 86aaf2

So, uh. Are you particularly adapted or suited to this environment?
>>
No. 1004046 ID: 094652

Grab asteroid.
>>
No. 1004047 ID: 6b73b4
File 162454209442.png - (46.70KB , 500x500 , thinking.png )
1004047

Why? You've always been in space, you've been here for as long as you can remember.

You wiggle your body as you look out toward an asteroid.

A small asteroid is slowly moving in your direction.
>>
No. 1004048 ID: f8fa51

What do you usually eat?
>>
No. 1004049 ID: 6b73b4
File 162454268054.png - (20.06KB , 500x500 , buddy.png )
1004049

Eat. Hm. You're not sure. You feel as though your body is taking care of that for you? Probably. Now that you think about it you do feel something eating away at you on the inside.

Hey, when did that asteroid get so close?
>>
No. 1004053 ID: 50af53

Get outta it's way or hitch a ride. Beasts pointlessly floating around.
>>
No. 1004054 ID: 9ed02f

Grab on and let it take you somewhere
>>
No. 1004055 ID: 6b73b4
File 162454517624.png - (19.86KB , 500x500 , grab.png )
1004055

You grab the rock. It was only moving fast enough to enter your vicinity, but that's okay.

Gained 1 space rock!
>>
No. 1004056 ID: 6b73b4
File 162454521969.png - (49.77KB , 500x500 , uh.png )
1004056

Wait why is it so bright now?
>>
No. 1004057 ID: 6b73b4
File 162454523349.png - (22.27KB , 500x500 , vessel.png )
1004057

Oh.
>>
No. 1004058 ID: 36784c

>>1004057
Give a friendly wave at the ship. Let them know that you’re nice!
>>
No. 1004060 ID: e51896

Push away from the rock and away from the ship. Not gonna get kidnapped by some strangers!
>>
No. 1004061 ID: 6b73b4
File 162454804751.png - (52.47KB , 500x500 , bitlate.png )
1004061

Looking at the ship, you hesitate, can you really leave behind this comf- oh oh. It was already too late. Not good.

As the tractor beam pulls you toward the ship you try to push yourself out with the rock. Or perhaps you were trying to save your rock from the same fate? Either way it seems you're both coming along for this ride.
>>
No. 1004063 ID: 6b73b4
File 162454987302.png - (23.53KB , 500x500 , yetcloser.png )
1004063

You are being pulled in by a tractor beam toward a large vessel.

You've been in this tractor beam for as long as you can remember.
>>
No. 1004064 ID: 031458

You don't remember much do you?
>>
No. 1004065 ID: 6b73b4
File 162455735913.png - (19.09KB , 400x411 , contact.png )
1004065

There really isn’t much you remember, that’s. That’s abnormal. Huh.

You’re dropped into a room, being unaccustomed to gravity your body droops to the floor into a puddle as two figures look over you. One with fins, looking at you curiously, and another with large ears who seems very worried. The two stand in silence for a moment before they turn to each other.

“What is it?”, says the larger of the two in a slightly hushed voice.

The rabbit looking one whispers back, keeping her eyes on you, “-I’m not sure, but… Doctor D would know. Where are they anyway?”

The finned lady shrugs, looking back at the pile of goo on the floor in front of her, “You talk?”
>>
No. 1004066 ID: a9af05

>>1004065
"Yes I can talk. Can someone help me? I can't move because of all of this gravity weighing me down."
>>
No. 1004068 ID: 9a2966

Well, you can understand them. Try to use your body to shape air and meaning like they do.

>You talk?
"Apparently."

Hug the rock. For support.
>>
No. 1004069 ID: 031458

WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME WITH THAT DEVILISH CONTRAPTION!?!?

I... I can't remember... I can't remember anything...
I was there and then I was here...
Who are you?
Who am I?
>>
No. 1004073 ID: 6b73b4
File 162455981859.png - (50.61KB , 500x500 , attempt.png )
1004073

You raise your head off the floor a bit, and open your mouth to try and speak with them.

Instead of words a discourse of garbled sounds emits from you.

"Y̷̘̥̞͍͎͚̿ͅę̶͉͔̀̍̐͗̀̈͂͊̌͜s̴̨̔̍̾ ̵̘̫̙͈̭̱̮̄̐̈͌I̴̭̤̤̾́ ̸̣̇̋͛̽͌͝s̴̟̓̎͂̈́͂ḏ̶̪͎̪̃ͅf̴̡̢̭͎͙̯̩͌̉̔͝l̴̨͓̝͆͆̅͂͊̓ķ̴̖͉̘͆̂̈́̅͊̌̕͝j̶̛͓̖͂͆͒͌̂́̔̕d̷̻̿̑̊̽͘̕ṥ̵̼̙͚͈̖͎̤̦̱̅͆̈́̕͠͠͝l̴̮̩̞̖̞̔̍̉̈́͐͐̽̒̕n̷̝̘͙̜̅͂͝ͅj̷̛͎͖̳͆̌̄̀͝͝ ̴̩̼̯̬̳͕̽̅͌̉̃́̄͘͠ͅh̵͉̩̋̊ͅĕ̶̲̭̥̯̯̺̩̂̄l̵̛̠̥̓̌̏́̒̾͝p̷̨̡͉̩̃͐̽̅͠ ̵̟̟͇͛j̴̛̠̘̞̺͔̏̋̊̆͒͑͜k̵̢̮̩͑͑͆͑̐̽̕͠n̵͎̣̝̩̣̯̟̿͌̊̒̓̕̕͜ͅl̷͕̉͌͊̏̀͜á̶̤̯̫̞̾͗̂̓s̸̡̼̪̙͕͇̬̦̘͋̽̿̆̿͊f̴̘͓̫̜̩͒͋̂́̂̅́̏?̵̺̱̩͊̑͜"

This immediately puts the rabbit in a panic, "WELL I GUESS NOT!"

Meanwhile, the fish lady looks amazed at that sounds you produced. "Woah! That was rad! What was that?"

"Wh-whatever it was please don't do it again-", says the rabbit, still shaking.
>>
No. 1004074 ID: 6b73b4
File 162455991277.png - (12.14KB , 302x185 , hug.png )
1004074

In response to your failures to communicate, and trying to wrestle with your current situation you lay down and wrap yourself around your space rock for emotional support.

The rabbit calms down some, looking at you empathetically, "I- I'm sorry... we'll figure out what's going on, I... maybe you didn't mean to do that?"
>>
No. 1004075 ID: 031458

Try responding in short, one word responses. Yes, no, ect.
For now try
"Help"
>>
No. 1004076 ID: 221c15

Perhaps also try harmonizing a bit? Might help making something understandable
>>
No. 1004077 ID: 094652

Spell things out with your paw. Even if they don't know the language they will realize you have intelligence.
>>
No. 1004079 ID: 6b73b4
File 162456527705.png - (1.33KB , 290x71 , help.png )
1004079

You touch your hand to the floor, and put a mark on the floor. Soon you realize you can spell something out... you're not sure how you knew to write it this way.

The two look at each other, then your markings. Unfortunately whatever language you wrote it they're unfamiliar with.

You try and talk again, keeping it simple.

"Ḩ̸̻͈́̔̌͠͝e̵̼͇̱̫͂͠l̴̹̺̗̠̽͑̂̀̌p̸͉̮̥̬̬̍͆̓̾?̸̛̫̠͔̰̂̅"

The rabbit shakes a bit at this, but the fish gal pieces it together, "Oh- oh! Help! Yes. Yes, we're here to help you, don't worry."

Looking down at the markings on the floor, and finally recognizing what you were saying, the rabbit would nod to you and turn to the fish lady, "I should go look for the Doctor."
>>
No. 1004081 ID: 96c896

>>1004079
See if you can learn how to move your body around in gravity. Maybe you can slide along the floor?
>>
No. 1004082 ID: a9af05

>>1004079
Show them that you can't move in this gravity.
>>
No. 1004086 ID: f3f534

>>1004082
This
>>
No. 1004195 ID: 6b73b4
File 162466614486.png - (25.12KB , 449x444 , doctor.png )
1004195

You form yourself into a puddle, while you can slide across the floor, you’re incredibly slow. Meanwhile, after the rabbit had turned the fish lady would bend down and try to poke at you.

Speaking of, as soon as she turned to get the doctor she’d walk straight into a large robot.

”Oh!- There you are Doctor!”

Instead of addressing the rabbit, they immediately look over at the fish.

”S.A.M. don’t poke them.”

Sam, quickly noting the arrival of the doctor, stands tall, putting her hands behind her back in a very guilty fashion.

The doctor then puts their attention on you, briefly, then looks back at the rabbit.

”N-57. Get me a bucket.”

”Right away Doctor!”
>>
No. 1004196 ID: 6b73b4
File 162466617545.png - (27.13KB , 500x414 , doctorsoffice.png )
1004196



For as long as you can remember, you’ve been in this bucket.

There’s two strangers across the room, a robot and a rabbit who are conversing.

”57, I’m going to need you to leave, I’m venting out all the oxygen from this room.”

”Uhm- oh, alright. ...wait, that's something we can do? Why?”

”Well, not all species need to, nor can breathe oxygen. And as you know, Minerva…”

“-cares for all.” the two say in unison.

”Well, is there anything I can do to help?”

The robot pauses for a moment and then nods, ”Make sure Rellie doesn’t hurt himself again.”

57 nods and exits the room.
>>
No. 1004203 ID: 96c896

>>1004196
You can't remember being in space anymore? Or being pulled into the ship, and turning into a puddle by the rock?
Is there any way you can inspect whatever part of your biology handles memory?

Do you remember anything about your kind? You know what a robot is, why? Are you a living organism, or a type of robot?
>>
No. 1004205 ID: c1fc44

Think about your space rock. You miss it.
>>
No. 1004216 ID: f8fa51

Try to tell the kind person that cares for all that you are having difficulty remembering.
>>
No. 1004218 ID: 6b73b4
File 162468441722.png - (44.32KB , 430x405 , meditation.png )
1004218

You decide to look inward. Quite literally, within your body you see an… orb. Your core. Upon its surface are a multitude of implants and modifications, but parts of them have been eaten away at, barely serving their prior functions.

A blue ethereal strand is connected to your core, it’s shattered into many pieces.


For some reason you begin to think about space rocks fondly. Wait a second- space rocks? Wait, you’re a rock! Silicon to be specific. A silicon-based lifeform compressed into a core… which manipulates this tar around you to move. Like an epiphany it hits you. You have telekinesis! How long will you be able to remember that though?
>>
No. 1004219 ID: 6b73b4
File 162468445113.png - (20.63KB , 169x171 , more.png )
1004219

Looking deeper you feel out the source of these memories, these feelings that remind you of who you are. There’s foreign matter in your core, yet it’s still you. You can’t quite make out it’s color… what color is it?
>>
No. 1004220 ID: 6b73b4
File 162468448145.png - (57.72KB , 1370x380 , set1.png )
1004220

Viriskia
Personality: Energetic thrill seekers, generally upbeat and kind. Often found exploring the edges of the galaxy, ready for anything.
Color: Red
Abilites: Has stronger telekinesis and as powers generally tied around moving around quickly such as making portals or teleporting.

Tianukir
Personality: Rebellious and against the status quo, generally a bit harsh, but mean well. Many will see them as chaotic, but in truth they strive to do the opposite, wishing to unite others together.
Color: Pink
Abilites: You see things differently, things that normal people can’t see with just their eyes. A certain color to someone suggests they may be hiding something, or someone smells like they’re looking for someone. May manifest in strange ways.

Kirskion
Personality: Faithful and highly empathetic, they care for all people, at times to a fault.
Color: ‘Black’ (in reality it’s actually a color most races can’t see!)
Abilites: Charm and charismatic related abilities, an enemy is just a friend you haven’t met yet.

Kinikiro
Personality: Devout artists, they strive for other’s approval and wish to make their impact on the galaxy with something that’ll get people’s attention.
Color: Green
Abilites: The power to create something from nothing, and the power to turn one thing into another with highly destructive capabilities.
>>
No. 1004221 ID: 6b73b4
File 162468450384.png - (43.62KB , 1436x418 , set2.png )
1004221

Facooisk
Personality: Scholarly and retrospective, reclusive, a bit awkward, yet very wise.
Color: Orange
Abilites: Manipulation over memories, lets you look into people’s pasts and maybe even more?

Feiskion
Personality: Independent and confident, naturally gifted for leadership positions and typically respected by peers.
Color: Blue
Abilites: Dominate the minds of your enemies, telepathy, connect with others on a deeper level.

Nuotirsk
Personality: Loyal and strong, it’s difficult to change your mind on something, many people will have a lot of trust in you.
Color: Gold
Abilites: Battle sense, you’ll feel danger before it’s even there, detect the intentions of someone before they even act it out.

Civskion
Personality: Inventive, highly intelligent, a problem solver with Macgyver levels of creativity. Working in a lab would suit you well.
Color: Cyan
Abilites: You have an unnatural connection with machines that allows you to tap in directly and take over.
>>
No. 1004224 ID: e51896

Green. This power is how we got this form around us as a rock after all
>>
No. 1004233 ID: 96c896

RED
>>
No. 1004235 ID: f8fa51

Red or Cyan
>>
No. 1004238 ID: 094652

Blue
>>
No. 1004240 ID: f6065e

White - Syniskion

You can be any color, though only one at a time. Changing your powers to fit the situation makes them a bit weaker until the change has time to settle, and the personality flip may unnerve others.

(They’re all intriguing, shame to miss out on them.)

Failing that being a valid option: Cyan
>>
No. 1004249 ID: 708905

Black
Let us become hugs incarnate
>>
No. 1004255 ID: 6b73b4
File 162471180083.png - (145.79KB , 500x500 , secret.png )
1004255

You think to yourself, white… something about that seems important. Are you sure this was it’s color?

Secret Unlocked!

No Name
Personality: You are enlightened. You are the one that walks down all paths of life at once.
Color: White
Abilites: You have a wide variety of abilities, but none of them will reach their full potential. Additionally you have the power of ‘anti-chi’ (though it has many other names). You may find yourself able to negate people’s powers to protect yourself and others, as well as guarding off other strange forces.

(Author’s Note: I actually was considering making this an option, but I thought eight was already too many choices- good on you for scrying into my thoughts! Alternatively you can take this option and still pick another color, you’ll be more adept at that chosen color’s powers than your other ones and by choosing white you’ll find that things will get a lot stranger... be warned. Though it may be the answers you’re looking for, just be ready for it to lead to more questions. You will be considered very important and very valuable to many.)
>>
No. 1004256 ID: 6b73b4

>>1004255

Oh and I guess while we're at it if you feel so inclined you can choose more than one color (as well as white). Up to THREE. We're not getting any crazier than that! Keep in mind the kind of personalities you can get with combinations. (Pink + Blue = Rebel Leader) (Gold + Black = Loyal Protector) (Green + Cyan = Art of Destruction?!) -feel free to even just suggest what kind of profession you had before your memory was lost and I'll put together the colors that would fit it the most.
>>
No. 1004257 ID: f6065e

It’s a big universe. Better to be adaptable and good at many things than to master a few.

Make it white.
>>
No. 1004259 ID: 708905

>>1004256
In that case changing my vote to black + cyan
We will fix everything be it flesh or machine
>>
No. 1004260 ID: 36784c

Black and Gold
>>
No. 1004262 ID: 18ca2c

White Black Cyan

Dominion
People are simple. Each one a puzzle piece, is just a matter of finding thier place here in this Grand existence.
You, among all others excel at this.
However, the power and control at your command is dangerous, and people are fragile.
We must be careful, lest we break them.
>>
No. 1004264 ID: 96c896

>>1004262
I like this one.
>>
No. 1004269 ID: a9af05

>>1004260
This one
>>
No. 1004276 ID: 6b73b4
File 162472535071.png - (46.30KB , 430x405 , powerfullovinginventive.png )
1004276

As you focus on the colors begin to come to you clearer and clear...

Votes!

Green - 1
Red - 2
☆ Cyan - 4
Blue - 1
☆ Black - 5
Gold - 2

☆ White - 4

It's a beautiful thing, a white border and black center with streaks of cyan splashed about.

Putting your appreciation into your core fills you with warmth. Or... wait...
>>
No. 1004277 ID: 6b73b4
File 162472536782.png - (39.13KB , 430x405 , fixerupper.png )
1004277

That warmth is coming from somewhere else…

You snap back to reality. You’re free floating with your core exposed as the doctor fixes up your implants. Strands of silicon connect each one of your eyes to your core which look about the office, primarily at the doctor right in front of you.

”There. That should fix that speech modulator.”
>>
No. 1004278 ID: 96c896

Try speaking. Tell them you're having memory issues. Also, thanks.
>>
No. 1004280 ID: e51896

"can I go back outside please?"
>>
No. 1004281 ID: 031458

INSPECT DOCTOR
>>
No. 1004284 ID: 6b73b4
File 162472892378.png - (8.99KB , 500x500 , d0c.png )
1004284

>>1004280
Outside? You don't even remember being outside this room- you consider asking to leave, but you still have those memory issues. Oh and you don't have access to your goo. What, are you going to try to roll around? You can't even get out of this field suspending you.

>>1004281
You take a look at the robotic doctor peering over you, anticipating you to test and see if they did their job right.

>>1004278
It's a bit strange to do with no body, but you manage to speak through your newly fixed implant as you express your concerns.

"I... don't remember how I got here."

They look at you in silence for a moment before battering you with a series of questions.

"Do you remember being in space? Do you remember seeing my assistant? Do you remember your name? Do you even know what you are?"

To all these questions you answer no, well, except the last, but your lack of confidence on your understanding of yourself seems to cause them more worry.

"I was afraid that would be the case. Thankfully I premeditated this and downloaded instructions on a procedure to fix that. I would explain your issue to you now, but it would be pointless to do so, you'd likely forget again."
>>
No. 1004290 ID: e51896

"Help me remember things... wait, what were we talking about again?"
>>
No. 1004293 ID: 96c896

>>1004284
Well, they can tell you after you're fixed then.
>>
No. 1004298 ID: 031458

Ask for your goo, and what To do.
>>
No. 1004307 ID: 19ea25

Can return to goo now? Feels odd being without
>>
No. 1004308 ID: f8fa51

What goo? You've been in this capsule for as long as you can remember. Who's this person?
>>
No. 1004310 ID: 6b73b4
File 162474472246.gif - (2.95MB , 430x405 , procedure.gif )
1004310

>>1004290

"Help me remember things... wait, what were we talking about again?"

The doctor shakes their head, "Don't worry, it'll all be okay after the procedure."

They produce a device and begin scanning for something within your core... once they find it they walk to their fabricator where they begin to make a few materials. Carefully they apply the new implant onto your core...

Slowly you begin to drift back into a state of meditation, the shattered blue strand begins to bend itself, coiling back on itself as it connects to your new implant. You feel something stirring...
>>
No. 1004313 ID: 6b73b4
File 162474514140.gif - (665.88KB , 700x700 , judgement.gif )
1004313

A memory.

You enter a large hall full of blinding light. High above you are larger cores unimaginably massive in scale.

The core on the left speaks first, “You have done well in your trials, not only did you show aspects of all paths of life, but never did you lose hope on your journey.”

The core on the right then adds, ”Throughout all the scenarios you showed ingenuity and creativity. You are now ready to receive our blessing for you. All you must do now is state your name before the one and only, Cosidual.”

Upon the calling of their name, the center core comes to life, murmurs of voices being heard within like a crowd chatting amongst themselves before a performance. They await to hear your name.
>>
No. 1004314 ID: 031458

Omacacoatl
>>
No. 1004315 ID: c58093

Atlas
>>
No. 1004317 ID: f8fa51

>>1004314
Maybe just "Coatl"?
>>
No. 1004318 ID: a38353

Coatl.
>>
No. 1004319 ID: 031458

>>1004317
Lol, so just "Snek" instead of Guiding Serpent?
>>
No. 1004320 ID: 36784c

>>1004314
I like this name. Omacacoatl.

Or someone could just call us Coatl as a nickname.
>>
No. 1004322 ID: 6b73b4
File 162475765059.gif - (217.00KB , 500x500 , ritual.gif )
1004322

After a moment of contemplation you utter your name, “Coatl.”

The two titans speak in unison, “And now and forever you will no longer be known by this name, as we dub thee Kiocoatl ‘creator serpent’,”

”Take this name with pride,”

“As many others shall envy the one you now have.”

Upon the surface of Cosidual’s core a droplet would begin to form, slowly dripping down before making its descent toward you. As it falls through the air the two cores add their blessings.

“I, Kiranova, give you my blessing.”

”I, Firanirv, give you my blessing.”

Their energies imbue themselves into the droplet before it stops in midair in front of you.
>>
No. 1004323 ID: 36784c

>>1004322
They’re giving it to you, so you might as well take it. Accept the blessings.
>>
No. 1004326 ID: 96c896

>>1004322
CONSUME
>>
No. 1004328 ID: 6b73b4
File 162476540567.png - (26.54KB , 500x500 , nom.png )
1004328

>>1004326
You decide the best way to accept this blessing of power is to eat it. Once it enters your body it finds its way to your core, merging with it.

It tastes of static, light and cotton candy.
>>
No. 1004329 ID: 6b73b4
File 162476568961.gif - (254.00KB , 700x700 , open.gif )
1004329

Kiranova and Firanirv look before you once you have absorbed their power.

"We have faith that you will use your new expertise to do wonderous things."

”We are confident that our skills were serve you well to surpass the challenges ahead in life.”

The chattering coming from Cosidual would've been continuing on, up until this very moment.

Silence.

You feel the minds of Kiranova and Firanirv freeze as their colors slowly grey out as Cosidual begins to rumble.

A bright light shining down on you, they speak to you in your own voice and say, "I will be watching you."
>>
No. 1004330 ID: 6b73b4
File 162476574987.png - (8.14KB , 240x226 , return.png )
1004330

Reality hits you like a slap on the face and for the first time since you can remember you… remember. It was like you had been trapped in a blank room your whole life and finally realized there was a door.

The doctor sitting in front of you would be examining your core, though clearly they had no way of knowing if the procedure was a success yet, simply muttering to themselves.

”It should sync up soon…”
>>
No. 1004331 ID: e51896

Ok, I remember stuff now. Thanks.
>>
No. 1004333 ID: 031458

I..remember my name!
I, Kiocoatl owe you a debt of gratitude!

Please doctor, speak your name so I might know my savior!
>>
No. 1004334 ID: f8fa51

Thank him for helping you and ask his name. Also ask him how he came to know your troubles, or for what other reason he brought you aboard his ship.

Now that you can remember, do you know how to deal with being in gravity?
>>
No. 1004337 ID: 96c896

>>1004330
Anything interesting to remember relating to being stranded in space?
>>
No. 1004342 ID: 6b73b4
File 162480368561.png - (7.81KB , 240x226 , doctord.png )
1004342

>>1004333

"I..remember my name! I, Kiocoatl owe you a debt of gratitude! Please doctor, speak your name so I might know my savior!"

The doctor sits up as you report the news to them, "Excellent. You are very welcome, Kiocoatl. I am Doctor D."

>>1004334
>>1004337

You now have the capacity to remember, all previous events thus far you weren't capable of making memories, or at least, memories you could access. When you try to think back on what happened you draw up blanks, but you can presume you weren't on this ship your whole life and you do remember it being very cold for a long time.

You decide it's best to start getting answers to fill the gaps.

"How did you find me and how did you fix me? ...and- why did you bring me to your ship?"

"We were out here on a mission to examine the mineral composition of the nearby asteroids to see if it was worth sending the mining drones this way. Instead Rellie stumbled upon you while on a space walk." For a moment the doctor considers adding something, but elects to skip some information, "Oh, it's not my ship. This is a scouting vessel owned in part by Minerva Station. After I saw you I knew we should bring you in immediately, me being an expert in xenobiology of over 151 species, you're lucky we found you when we did you were already beginning to eat your own implants. You likely weren't going to survive out there for much longer. Now... for your situation, there's two versions. The long version. And the short version. The short version is that you lost your ability to make long term memories. All I did was add an implant that works around the issue- I'd have to explain the long version for you to really understand how that works."
>>
No. 1004345 ID: 031458

Sounds important.
Long version please.
Also, a status report on all implants functioning and otherwise would be appreciated.
>>
No. 1004346 ID: 96c896

>>1004342
Long version please.
>>
No. 1004348 ID: e51896

I mean, we don't really have much to do, and nothing planned so... long version.
>>
No. 1004349 ID: 6b73b4
File 162483372446.png - (12.85KB , 500x439 , lesson.png )
1004349

>>1004345

"Long version please. Also, what other implants did I have?"

"Your implants? That... I'm not sure. A majority of them weren't standard issue and they were so eaten away at that I can't exactly figure out their purpose. If I were to guess you had about four implants. I fixed your sound modulator, and gave you a new implant. Now- to explain the long version."

Doctor D stood up and started dragging over a large screen on wheels, creating an info graphic for you.

"You're what's known as a Viriskon, a race of silicon-based lifeforms. It's primarily split into two groups... though there are more- they're irrelevant here. There are the conierisk, and the conisk. The conierisk is what is referred to as the true self and is the embodiment of all it's created conisk. You're a conisk. You're dependent on your conierisk- since in a sense they are you. They contain your long term memory and the memory of all their other conisk. Meanwhile you contain your own short term memory. I can't say what happened, but conisk don't outlast their conierisk very often. When they passed you lost a majority of your long term memories. The procedure I performed removed your dependency to your conierisk, allowing you to contain your own long term memory."
>>
No. 1004350 ID: f8fa51

Okay, so you're a disconnected organ that outlived its host and is now becoming its own organism. Presumably with a relatively similar personality? That's sad, and made worse by the fact you can't even mourn properly, having no memory of your conierisk.

Since thinking about something you have no memory of is unlikely to be productive, you need something else to set your mind to. These people are looking for minerals. Perhaps you can help? Unfortunately you lack any form of expertise in this field.
>>
No. 1004351 ID: 96c896

Wait, that sounds like... Cosidual, Kiranova and Firanirv. One of them died?! Likely, Cosidual, since that one seemed to be your main patron.

Well, wait, how does Doctor D know that the conierisk died? Is it possible your connection was severed on purpose? Considering that memory of those three granting you power, it's possible... Alternatively, is it possible your connection was severed due to damage to your strand?
>>
No. 1004359 ID: 6b73b4
File 162484659456.png - (13.67KB , 500x439 , doubt.png )
1004359

>>1004351

You decide to ask about it, "How do you know my conierisk died? Maybe something else could've happened? Like- if my connection to them was broken?"

The doctor turns to you, "I tried my best not to make assumptions, but that is what I thought was the most likely case. It's... possible something else happened. Your connection to them is a telepathic link. Unfortunately I'm not very knowledgeable on that kind of subject. 'Space magic' isn't something I deal with much."

>>1004350

"Well, there isn't much for me to do if they're gone. Do you need any help with your mission...?"

"I'm sure you'll find something to do. And, well when we found you we were given orders to return to the station. Actually we're already here. You were out for a while after the procedure."
>>
No. 1004361 ID: e51896

"Well, I can't really do anything without my purple monster vessel. I'm... kinda stuck here right now... not to mention the gravity makes it hard to move even if I get my vessel back... you're gravity is too strong for me.
>>
No. 1004364 ID: 031458

I see.
I had issues maintaining cohesion when I came aboard.
Is your gravity particularly heavy or is it standard?
I suppose it could have been due to the starvation issue, but if this is a standard gravity strength, one of my corrupted implants was likely a computer interface. My goo alone does not seem able to support itself in this gravity. It would not surprise me if I at one point maintained a robotic endoskeleton.
>>
No. 1004367 ID: 96c896

>>1004359
Well regardless, we're a special case. I wonder if we can find other Viriskon and investigate what happened...

Well, let's ask if there are any other repairs that can be done before we get back into the fluid interface.
>>
No. 1004383 ID: 6b73b4
File 162488262832.png - (24.17KB , 430x405 , returnofgoo.png )
1004383

>>1004361
>>1004364

While you don't quite remember everything, you recall memories of being squished on the floor and also being scooped into a bucket and bring up your concerns of the ship's gravity,

"What can I do without my vessel? Even then I think this ship's gravity is too strong for me."

"Really? That can't be right, this is GSG. It's likely you were just extremely weak on account of being in zero g for so long, not to mention the lack of food and the little amount of heat you had retained. Here, I can return your shell to you and we can test it-"

>>1004367

"Wait, are there any other repairs you can do?"

The doctor takes a look at your core for a hot second and shakes their head, "I'm afraid not, like I said, those implants aren't standard issue. I couldn't fix them even if I knew what they were used for."

Doctor D throws a lever, emptying out the container next to you and returning your body to your core. Moving it around a little, you find that it's a lot easier to maneuver than before.

As you think about reforming you realize you can make your body into almost anything you'd like... under a few limitations.

1. Two Legs - You can't stand on two legs, it feels awkward for you to do and trying to stand up tall is difficult on account of having no bones, being a quadruped suits you best.

2. Six Eyes - You have six eyes, no more, no less, but you put them anywhere on your body, or if you're really inclined you can hide some of them.

3. Size - You're working with a limited amount of goo here, you can't make yourself any bigger than you already are, if you're really willing to leave behind material you could become smaller if you're set on that being a good idea.

4. Color - You can't change your color (yet).

Other than that. Feel free to post images of suggestions, or you could just stay with the form you've already got. (Don't get too complex on me, I'm gonna have to draw this a lot)
>>
No. 1004385 ID: f8fa51

Your default form is fine and comfortable. No need to change just now.
>>
No. 1004387 ID: 00a078

Your old form but a little more bulbous, with a larger head and eyes.
"Chibi" I believe the style was called.
>>
No. 1004399 ID: 30b9f6

>Being a quadruped suits you best
If you have to, but why use legs at all? Go for a snake-shape - eschew limbs (unless you need them for specific tasks). After all, your patrons dubbed you 'Creator Serpent'. Perhaps you should take a cue from that!

And of course, you're not really locked to a shape at all, are you? If something is too tedious to maintain you can just default to a simple (to draw) baseline.
>>
No. 1004413 ID: 094652

Enhance Knockers
Taur form
Place eyes on breasts and sides of lower torso
>>
No. 1004419 ID: 96c896

>>1004383
>Doctor has no idea what the implants are for
Guess we'll have to visit someone who specializes in implants and/or circuitry.

>change body?
Nah. It's tempting to try to get 360-degree vision though... Maybe take two of our six eyes and put them to the sides? Four eyes in front means better resolution than two for whatever we're looking at, right?

Oh, now that we have memory, ask what food you can eat. Or heck, ask for like, a book on Viriskon or something.
>>
No. 1004436 ID: 6b73b4
File 162493338229.png - (11.14KB , 226x249 , bigheadmodeunlocked.png )
1004436

>>1004387

Enter Cheat Code: bigheadmode

Big Head Mode Unlocked!

This is extremely unwieldy, you're just too top heavy... maybe someone will like it??? Who that someone would be is beyond you.
>>
No. 1004437 ID: 6b73b4
File 162493346767.png - (25.79KB , 319x245 , snekmode.png )
1004437

>>1004399

You try and go with having no limbs, not bad. At the moment though you're not very mobile like this, but if you practiced perhaps you could get some use out of it. At least you can curl in on yourself into a comfortable ball.
>>
No. 1004438 ID: 6b73b4
File 162493356966.png - (8.10KB , 238x282 , anattempt.png )
1004438

>>1004413

Well you got the four legs thing down, but trying to do a torso above that is just too much. You're not really sure how you would've handled people asking you questions about the door knockers on your chest anyway. It's for the best that this form didn't work out.
>>
No. 1004439 ID: a38353

put some legs on that snek and be a really long lizard.
>>
No. 1004440 ID: 6b73b4
File 162493454848.png - (20.68KB , 500x439 , important.png )
1004440

>>1004419

Not a bad idea! Your eyes don't have pupils so they can't exactly change where they're looking without you moving them around. Having a pair on the sides of your head is pretty handy. You can even look at the infographic the doctor has for you without turning your head-

"So, I ate my own implants? What exactly do I eat? Do you have a book on this stuff?"

"A book? No, not physically at least. All that information is stored up in here, the robot would tap the side of their head. "I'm glad you asked that though because there was some important information I needed to share."

"Your species is what's known as a lithovore. Your species consumes metallic compounds for food, the healthiest being iron and titanium. That's why when you were starving in space your core began to eat the metallic parts of your implants. Additionally you need to keep your core warm to stay alive. The internal body temperature of your shell is incredibly high- after I heated it up. It is capable of absorbing and retaining heat extremely well, but I recommend you rest near a heat source for at least eight hours each day. Don't let yourself heat up too much though, because that can damage your core. The reason you were able to survive in space is after your core was deprived of those two things you went into what's known as 'stasis'. Your body essentially shut down and went into ration mode. I think the heat from the ship woke you up when we got near... but more importantly there is one last thing I must warn you about. The eight element of the periodic table. Oxygen. Many species breathe this gas to stay alive. For you, this is the deadliest element in the universe. Thankfully it's only harmful to you when it is not a compound, so things like CO2 are perfectly safe, but if your core is somehow exposed to oxygen then it will begin to destroy your core. I'm letting you know this because our ship is full of it. Not this room- right now, but don't be too alarmed. I coated your core in a substance known as, well it's just called core gel. Best way to explain it is, like those silica packets organic species put in bags of dried meats. It'll stop and absorb any oxygen that reaches your core- just keep in mind this isn't a perfect fix. As long as you don't get into any danger though it'll be fine. Just make sure to check and replace the gel every six or so months and you should have no problems.
>>
No. 1004441 ID: 96c896

>>1004440
Ok, eat rocks, don't expose core to oxygen, we've got a protective coating so it's not instant death even if that happens somehow through combat and/or loss of goo. Seems simple.

Shall we meet the rest of the crew?
>>
No. 1004461 ID: f8fa51

That makes sense. Oxygen is a well-known oxidiser, after all, and would be deadly to most living things if they weren't metabolising it constantly.
>>
No. 1004474 ID: bb5924

Hmm... An electrical engineer could perhaps repair your implants... But it is unlikely they would know their function before they did so. It could be risky.

A reverse engineer, perhaps a corporate spy or career scavenger could perhaps divine thier function, but you might not want to get tangled up with such folk...

A cybernetics specialist familiar with lithovores could probably do both, but one might be hard to find...

Alternatively, you could just say screw the old implants and get new ones. The scars from the old ones are already on your core, might as well replace them with some that work.

Perhaps a compact heater?
You could eliminate your need to rest in exchange for slightly higher dietary requirements.

That would help you get along in any civilisation, which in turn will help you find out what happened to your ancestor.
>>
No. 1004483 ID: 1b8ca3

If we can find out what metals we consumed from them maybe we can refill(reconstruct) the circuitry of the implants when we eat metals (because shouldn't there be empty space where the metals used to be that we can fill back up with new metal).
>>
No. 1004529 ID: 6b73b4
File 162502462618.png - (10.69KB , 500x314 , debt.png )
1004529

>>1004441

"That's all very informative, thank you. I was wondering, was it possible I could met the rest of this ship's crew?"

"Perhaps... if they haven't all left the ship already."

>>1004474

You contemplate different ideas for implants, perhaps with the right materials and the right tools you could make your own.

>>1004483

Unfortunately you can't turn back time. Can't find the identity of a metal that's been consumed, still what parts remain will make getting new ones a bit cheaper.

"There, was actually one last thing I need to do.", the doctor's tone became a bit more troubled. "It won't take too long."

They head over to a terminal and start entering in some things on the keyboard. After a moment they'd produce a tablet and present it to you.

"I know these circumstances were out of your control- but it's protocol. You owe three hundred and eighty eight hours of service to Minerva station."
>>
No. 1004530 ID: 36784c

>>1004529
>You owe three hundred and eighty eight hours of service to Minerva station.
Oh, that’s not too bad. At least it’s only 388 hours.

Which means that “3,088 hours” at the bottom right of the tablet is a glitch and can be ignored, since that’s not what you owe!
>>
No. 1004531 ID: 6b73b4

>>1004530

"Whoops, I meant to say three thousand and eighty eight hours. Perhaps I should run a diagnosis on myself..."
>>
No. 1004533 ID: 96c896

>>1004529
Honestly, I was expecting something like this to happen.
3088 hours... assuming you work 12 hours a day that's 258 days. Not terrible, considering you'd be dead otherwise. Wait, that's work hours, not currency, maybe better jobs give more work hours per hour?
Oh, it's Minerva station you owe a debt to, not the ship? Erm. Well, I was hoping to work directly for the people that saved us, but I guess this is fine.

Tell them you have every intention of repaying your debts. Too bad you didn't have health insurance! Should you go talk to someone on the station regarding employment? If you don't get placed on their ship, then you'll have to say goodbye when they leave.
>>
No. 1004534 ID: 36784c

>>1004531
Ah. Well shit, that’s a lot of hours to pay off. But they did save your life, so it’s only fair that you pay them back.
>>
No. 1004535 ID: 031458

I figured the memory thing was some hardcore tech.
I am suited to space work though.
I don't have any issue helping out personally, you did save me After all.
Yet...
Somehow I can't help but feel charging for emergency medical treatment is bad form.
That said, I'm in no position to debate politics.
I guess just, direct me to the head of personnel?
>>
No. 1004592 ID: 13da16

129 days? Well, okay.
>>
No. 1004880 ID: 6b73b4
File 162552031458.png - (38.07KB , 887x666 , options.png )
1004880

>>1004533
>>1004535
"If I could, I would like to help out on this ship, even if the circumstances are a bit in... bad form."

"I'm aware, perhaps we could talk this over and sort this out. You'd have to talk with the captain if you want to work on our ship, but they're currently in a meeting... why don't I show you around?"

The two of you would exit the office, passing through a small airlock, the doctor contemplated refilling the room with oxygen, though considering you may still need medical help they decide to keep it how it is. After the airlock circulates the doors open. Immediately waiting on the other side was a figure in a helmet.

"Ah- captain, back already?"

"Yes, I need to talk with about something D0C."

The doctor turns to you, "This should take just a moment- but uh,"

"-feel free to take a look around."

While the two converse there's already a few things of note around you, through an open door the doctor's assistant would be speaking with someone lying in a hospital bed. And just across the room was a hologram sweeping the floor.
>>
No. 1004883 ID: ef741d

Lets find our space rock. See if that hologram can talk talk, and ask it where the rock is.
>>
No. 1004884 ID: f8fa51

Introduce yourself to the hologram and ask its name.
>>
No. 1004887 ID: 96c896

I don't think we own that space rock... It's just a rock, anyway. Considering we were starving out there the rocks must not have been metallic so it's not even good for food.
Also we shouldn't be able to remember it!

Saying hi to the hologram seems fine though. Are they part of the ship? Or an independent, hired AI?
>>
No. 1004888 ID: 031458

>>1004887
Eh asteroids were probably nutritious enough, it's just you know. Space is big and we lack rockets.

Talk to hologram, how does light sweep?
>>
No. 1005240 ID: f2320a

>>1004880
well that space asteroid is comforting as its the first thing to be touched
>>
No. 1005444 ID: 6b73b4
File 162612824963.png - (56.46KB , 1000x1000 , hardlight.png )
1005444

>>1004883
>>1004884
>>1004887

You try and remember what happened before. You vaguely remember rocks? Or maybe you're just hungry. You're probably hungry, you head over to the hologram and hope it talks,

"Uh, hi. I'm Kiocoatl. ...do you have any rocks?"

"Hello! I'm sweeping. Rala is currently shopping at the station for supplies. I will add 'rocks'. To the list."

"Wait, maybe. Add titanium specifically. Not rocks."

"Oh, okay!"
The hologram's face displays a buffering symbol for a brief moment.

"Noted."

>>1004888

"Hey, hold on, how does a hologram sweep?"

"I'm not a hologram, silly. I'm a hardlight projection! There's a difference you know, the main difference being that I have mass!"
>>
No. 1005446 ID: 96c896

>>1005444
Neat. How does hardlight work? Also, ask who they are.
>>
No. 1005462 ID: a38353

I love them already, ask how Hardlight stuff works, and about them.
>>
No. 1005544 ID: 6b73b4
File 162624302877.png - (75.78KB , 1000x1000 , science.png )
1005544

>>1005446
>>1005462

"Interesting... what else can you tell me about hardlight?"

"Unfortunately that's about the extent of my knowledge on hardlight- oh but I know it can make really cool stuff, like me! Uhh, but... let me think. I'm very fragile... mh, I don't like water- too much will make me go away and... well that's about it really!"

"Well, can you tell me more about yourself?"

"I was created by Rala! Rala is currently shopping at the station for supplies. I was made to do the sweeping- and there's a lot of sweeping to do!"
>>
No. 1005546 ID: 96c896

>>1005544
Tell them it was nice meeting them.

I suppose you can go down the corridor a bit. Feels rude to interrupt the medical staff's conversation with the patient.
>>
No. 1005605 ID: e51896

Ask if Rala takes breaks, we should meet up again in the future when we're both not busy.
>>
No. 1011616 ID: b35aa3
File 163267180986.png - (15.51KB , 500x500 , attention.png )
1011616

>>1005605
“Does... Rala take any breaks?”

”Of course! Even me and the other holograms play pool in the longue sometimes.”

>>1005546
“Alright, it’d be nice to talk more when you aren’t busy.”

”Yeah! It’d be fun to talk with someone new, but I’ve got more sweeping to do.” With a determined look the hologram began to resume sweeping the floors of dust.

As the hologram walks off you decided to explore the corridor, but before you’re able to walk off the captain puts away his communicator and calls for your attention,

”Hey kid, we’ve got some business to attend to…Minerva wants to see you.”

“Oh- that sounds important, do we need to leave now?”

”Well you’d think that, but she’s not too strict. I’d say it’s best you get yourself reacquainted before then, uh -maybe see if you can try to remember anything, if possible... just keep it in mind.”
>>
No. 1011658 ID: 96c896

>>1011616
Remembering things? Okay, try to remember... hmm... any friends? Or a time you served on a crew? Good meals?

Could stretch your limbs in regards to powers. Use one of the less dangerous ones like telekinesis/portals or charm...
Actually, can you use memory powers (orange) on yourself to look into your own past?
>>
No. 1011660 ID: e51896

Try to remember some of the most delicious iron or titanium you ate.
>>
No. 1017132 ID: deb0d1
File 163927811532.png - (38.90KB , 500x500 , focus.png )
1017132

You decide to focus inward and try to gauge what kind of abilities you may have, perhaps they’re the key to get your memories back, if it’s even possible.

1/4
>>
No. 1017133 ID: deb0d1
File 163927816344.png - (65.62KB , 500x500 , Progression.png )
1017133

Welcome to the skill stars! Each constellation of Fetacivs has many stars locked away from you at the moment, but with each lock opened you gain access to new powers, you can only branch out to skills that are adjacent to the skills you have unlocked. There are also four types of locks.

Bronze - The easiest to open, by using your abilities you will naturally begin to hone your powers into new sects and advance your capabilities. Rediscovering memories will also get you back onto branches currently locked off to you.

Silver - Slightly tougher than the former, you will need to get creative with how you use your abilities to discover how to branch out further.

Gold - Unlike the previous locks a trainer is required to learn how these powerful arts can be performed. Trainers may also be able to advance the power of other abilities.

Diamond - Only after every skill in a constellation has been mastered may you progress to the ultimate power. These will require you to seek out extraordinary people to learn them.



|Current Skills|

Telepathy: That broken link tied to your core had something to do with this… perhaps you can still use it to mentally converse with others who are close enough.

Search Memory: You have a perfect recollection- of the few fragmented memories you have.

Energy Sense: See the flow of energy in the universe, great for finding out why something isn’t working. The types of energy you can sense are non-specific. Get creative!

Emotion Reading: You’re more aware of people’s emotions, some in cases more aware about them than they are.

Telekinesis: Reliable telekinesis, without it you’d just be a puddle.

2/4
>>
No. 1017134 ID: deb0d1
File 163927832001.png - (20.61KB , 500x500 , facooisk.png )
1017134

>>1011658
You focus in further on the constellation of facooisk, may it's insight guide your way.

Search Memory: Viriskon scholars are often living libraries, capable of perfectly recalling memories stored within their core.

Memory View: View the memories of others, those who are taught this skill are expected to take a full course in ethics beforehand.

Lucid Dream: Enter your own dreams and scour your mind for your deepest thoughts and desires, a look into your own subconscious. Those more in tune with facooisk can dive into the dreams of others.

Vault Memory: Trap a memory so that it can not be accessed. The great Roschooa often uses this ability on others, their library is filled with many bubbles of thoughts.

Erase Memory: Destroy a memory permanently. Few ever had the nerve to do it.

3/4
>>
No. 1017135 ID: deb0d1
File 163927838140.png - (43.47KB , 500x500 , delicacy.png )
1017135

>>1011660

Search Memory sounds useful, you try to remember your favorite meal… it wasn’t of titanium or iron, it was grander than that, gold. Delicious gold, adorned with gemstones, your hunger grows stronger just thinking of it, but it wasn’t this delicacy that made this memory so fond, it was sharing it- sharing it with… with… you can’t remember. Their formless shapes shift about yet nothing comes together all you feel is the sadness from the empty spaces left behind.

4/4
>>
No. 1017137 ID: 96c896

Hmm, so the grey constellation is actually the black one, and white doesn't have a constellation(since it's the moon) but allows us to branch out into ones we didn't pick at all. Also we got the starting perks of orange, red, and blue for free despite not being attuned to them. Likely thanks to white.
Hmm, White's downside says we can't master other branches, does that mean we can only unlock diamond abilities on Black and Cyan?

Tell them you remember your favorite food. Gold and gemstones! Also you had a loved one, but you don't remember anything about them.
Also try using Telepathy to send a test message, which is "Testing testing, can you hear me?"
>>
No. 1017150 ID: 0d76b6

A Jack of all trades is master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one. White seemed to be a good choice. Lucid dreaming might help us discover who we were but for now there’s not much we can do. Not like we have the means to chase after them even if we do remember.

I’d say test your telepathy on the hard light hologram and the… we’ll probably best not the captain, we should ask them first. But the robit and the hard light? Seems useful to find out.

Also see if we can pick up the hard light broom with our mind, that’d be pretty sweet. It’s supposed to be really light and fragile right? I’m imagining non Newtonian aerogel.
>>
No. 1020354 ID: 6e6730

This kind of introspection isn't getting anywhere. Focus on composing yourself, Minerva (the station? possibly an AI?) sounds like serious business from what the captain seems to imply.
>>
No. 1020434 ID: cda295
File 164220673680.png - (2.52MB , 3338x1814 , home.png )
1020434

>>1017137

You will be able to unlock all the stars you can see, eventually, but your potential will not be as great as those more focused to one path. By the time you’re able to erase memories others on that path will be able to see into the future, something you may never be able to do.

That’s no moon, it’s a star! A white dwarf. It’s very important to your people because it’s the star of your home planet… a planet you can't remember.

1/3
>>
No. 1020435 ID: cda295
File 164220683880.png - (37.37KB , 500x500 , establishconnection.png )
1020435

>>1017150

You finally open your eyes and try to tell the captain about what you learned, but he’s nowhere to be seen. How long were you spacing out?

It’s probably not best to try telepathy on him anyway, that’s not really a good opener for someone you’ve just met. You’re not even sure it’d work on artificial life anyway, maybe you could test that. Actually you’re not even sure if the captain’s a robot or not, you don’t know what he is.

Maybe the hologram would be worth a shot. Worst thing that could happen is that it fails.

You focus on your core and channel the link inside you. For something you’re just relearning this feels very natural, it’s as simple as connecting strings.

2/3
>>
No. 1020436 ID: cda295
File 164220687205.png - (43.28KB , 500x500 , connected.png )
1020436

This was a mistake.

You may have just linked yourself into a hologram network.

What was a mistake?

Nothing!
I didn’t say anything.
Who was that?
Wasn’t me.
Well, it wasn’t me.
Oh, is it a friend?

3/3
>>
No. 1020438 ID: 96c896

>>1020436
Say hello and pardon for the intrusion, you were testing out your telepathy.

This isn't too bad, there's nothing keeping you from moving your body towards your destination while you're connected! Introduce yourself and maybe chat a bit with them. Do they know any interesting places on the station? Oh, you might want to get directions since the captain is no longer around to guide you.
>>
No. 1020439 ID: 6e6730

seven of them.
I guess while you're in there, see if you can search their memory with your Search Memory power? If it pairs with telepathy this could be very potent.
>>
No. 1021173 ID: 894419

>>1020436
Sorry! Wrong number
>>
No. 1022155 ID: cd863c
File 164384749345.png - (55.22KB , 500x500 , thoughts.png )
1022155

>>1020439

For a moment you consider your ability to search memories, but that only works for looking through your own memories.

-search my memories? What exactly are you doing?

Uhhhhhhh -oh. They can hear everything you’re thinking. (Don’t think about enhanced knockers) That ability would be useful for sharing your memories with others though, you put a note on that for later.

Sorry- sorry- that might’ve been a bad place to start. I’m Kiocoatl.

Well, I’m Rala. Don’t worry yourself so much, but seriously- what’re you doing on my network?

I was just trying to test my telepathy, I’m kind of relearning everything as I go right now.

Ah, that’s alright. At the very least this ability you’re talking about, seems to have a lot of potential.

You’re not upset? Er, I mean, you seem pretty calm about this.

I was a bit shocked! The captain explained to us though that something like this might happen when we brought you onboard.

They've got experience with this kind of thing? Have you met others with this kind of power?
…hm, you’re kind of hungry.

-no! From what I’ve heard only your species can do these kinds of things, and they’re not very common in this sector. Imagine our surprise when the captain spotted you out there! …kitchen’s not too far from the medical wing by the way.

Huh. Unless your kitchen has rocks in it I’m not sure it’s going to have much for me to eat.

Oh- well, we just finished identifying a sample of rock that we collected when we found you. Would that be good enough?

What’s in it?

There are traces of titanium-

Say no more.

We’re in the lower half of the ship if you wanna give it a taste then..

…well, weighing the options you could just go and visit Minerva with the captain right away and eat later.
Or put that on hold for a little longer and get something to eat on the ship.
Or completely ignore all that and explore around the ship.

I can still hear everything you’re thinking-

>>1021173

-SORRY
>>
No. 1022158 ID: cd863c
File 164384804476.png - (17.36KB , 500x500 , shipmap.png )
1022158

>>1020438

While you think on that you decide it's best to try and ask for a map of the station your visiting.

I don't fully know the station inside and out yet, but I certainly know our ship- uh, maybe if I uh... think about the layout you can get an idea of it?

This in fact works! You've got a rough idea of the layout of the ship.

From top the bottom of the ship you've got...

-Weapons (self explanatory, holds weapons and the controls for weapons)
-Crew Quarters (this is where everyone's rooms are, thankfully this ship respects privacy and has separate rooms for all it's inhabitants, there's also a place to lounge around or play pool)
-Medical (this is where you're at, this is of course for tending to any medical emergencies)
-Kitchen (it's a kitchen, it's also has a small lounge for eating)
-Viewports/Storage (not just a window for looking out into space, this is the loading and unloading point on the ship and the place from which you exit, it's also where all the cargo is contained)
-Command (in the center of the ship is the command center, the captain's seat is here and it's also where piloting is, cameras on all sides of the ship allow the pilot to see where they're going despite there being no windows in this room)
-Engineering (on the sides of the ship are the ship's engines, this is that most important part of the ship, if the rift drive goes out we'd all be in danger!)
-Pods/Science (at the very bottom of the ship are the life pods for if the ship needs to be evacuated in an emergency, it's also where our science equipment is)

(I am sorry, but these are all in color coded order in the image and not in the same order listed here. No I will not fix it, cry about it.)
>>
No. 1022167 ID: 6e6730

Well, what are you waiting for? Go get those rocks, you need the sustenance BAD.
>>
No. 1022194 ID: 96c896

Go find that rock. I think we were given some nutrients while we were being resuscitated, but still.
I'm guessing it's near the science bay.
Maybe we can practice telekinesis a bit with the rock? Or use Energy Reading to observe the flow of electricity in the ship.

Also best not to keep Minerva waiting too long.
>>
No. 1022248 ID: aba9fd

You just woke up from a really long space nap, go take care of yourself first. I'm sure the crew would want that more than anything after going through the trouble of saving your life.
>>
No. 1022319 ID: c7b480
File 164395057048.png - (45.31KB , 500x500 , stairs.png )
1022319

>>1022167
Yeah, you’re hungry.

>>1022194
Really hungry-

>>1022248
EXTREMELY HUNGRY, you’ll just get a quick bite and then get down to business.

As you descend through the ship the hologram shows you around, passing through the lounge, going through storage you catch a glimpse at command before you reach the belly of the ship. Lined up on the walls are some escape pods and science equipment. A few more holograms are down here having just finished testing this sample of rock.

”So you really just eat rocks?”

“Pretty much- though I can’t remember the last time I ate.”

1/6
>>
No. 1022320 ID: c7b480
File 164395064140.png - (34.92KB , 500x500 , eatin.png )
1022320

Approaching the decadent asteroid upon the table you leap up with monstrous fervor and begin to feast, meanwhile the holograms simply analyze you.

”Amazing, they’re tearing it apart with ease.”

”For such a gooey-looking…thing- I’m surprised they can apply so much force…”

Though as you eat, something clicks, escape shuttles… asteroids… as fuzzy as it is, a memory comes back to you.

2/6
>>
No. 1022321 ID: c7b480
File 164395068183.png - (11.03KB , 500x500 , stranded1.png )
1022321

The last escape shuttle, it’s tiny, cramped and uncomfortable, but more importantly, it’s shot pretty bad. Not only is one side blasted off, but many of the shuttle’s internal components are damaged. You’re just lucky you got away.

3/6
>>
No. 1022322 ID: c7b480
File 164395073139.png - (14.03KB , 500x500 , stranded2.png )
1022322

As you try to pull yourself together you access the situation you’re in. Most of the important functions of your life pod are broken- that’s okay, you likely can fix them with ease. You have no food supply, but you can eat what’s around you. You’ll likely start off by consuming your cosmetic modifications, you’ll have to live without stylish horns for a while. Next you’ll have to eat up your cybernetics, it’ll cost quite a bit to get them back, but you’ll at least survive. If that fails you can start to eat the shuttle itself, but you want to hold off from that as long as you can, maybe some of the surrounding asteroids are edible.

4/6
>>
No. 1022323 ID: c7b480
File 164395078796.png - (12.89KB , 500x500 , stranded3.png )
1022323

But, no, no, none of that would even matter. Your true-self, they’re in danger. You can’t ignore the possibility that… they might not make it. You need to secure your memories before that happens, keep them safe until you have an alternative to retain them. Quickly, you draw your memories out and vault them one by one, trying to keep them close to your core as best you can. First, everything you need to remember to survive. Basic knowledge of the universe, language- how things work. You feel most of these are pretty close to you already, that’s good. Next, the important memories, this memory in it of itself you are making right now is something you need to know, so that you remember what happened, remember what you did and as you bring it close-

5/6
>>
No. 1022324 ID: c7b480
File 164395085935.png - (29.61KB , 500x500 , stranded4.png )
1022324

Suddenly. A sharp pain fills your core as you feel your entire being shatter into pieces, you know it wasn’t you who broke. You know exactly what happened and soon, you wouldn’t even remember. Memories fly by as your connection to your true-self breaks apart, going deeper into space as everything blurs together. The walls around you close in as everything you hold dear drifts further and further away.

And there's only one thought on your mind, will anyone ever even find you?

…at least you have the answer to that question now.

6/6
>>
No. 1022325 ID: 96c896

Shit, are those the only two you managed to vault?
What a shame... it sounds like the shock of losing your true self rendered your conisk unable to do anything but eat its horns and cybernetics. And, presumably the shuttle, since we didn't see it. Shame it didn't have the presence of mind to eat the rocks.

I wonder if any other conisks survived? It's possible that others got away in escape pods and vaulted more memories... finding out who attacked you seems important. The killer could kill again.

Something to bring up with Minerva.
>>
No. 1022356 ID: aba9fd

Well, you don’t know what you lost so nothings changed as far as you go. You’re still you, just not whoever you were before. Luckily you’re presumed dead right now, so whoever killed the old you probably isn’t coming back unless you start shouting from some rooftops.

…which means you should probably book it to the captain and tell them everything you just remembered. You don’t want to shoot a signal flare telling the universe you survived.
>>
No. 1022380 ID: 6e6730

Maybe if you find the other fragments of you -- the conisks -- you can meet up and swap notes and figure out who you really are. File that away as a long term goal, maybe pitch it to Minerva, though I have a feeling she's going to want to get her pound of flesh out of you first.
>>
No. 1022515 ID: c7b480
File 164412256747.gif - (162.30KB , 500x500 , poke.gif )
1022515

>>1022325
>>1022356
>>1022380

It might be possible, if you can learn more about your past you’re certainly set on finding it. However this happened you definitely want to find out who was responsible, but probably shouldn’t throw your name around suspicious people. Maybe some of your kin survived, you put your hope in that they did, they might even be looking for you! If they were able to find themselves, maybe they-

”Oh! You’re okay!”
The hologram proceeds to drop the broom to give you a short hug.

“Did I space out again?”

”Well you tore apart an asteroid and then stopped responding, we were about to get the doctor. Glad you’re doing fine though.”

“Yeah, sorry, I’ve just had a lot on my mind lately. This has all been a shock, but I think I’m pulling things together bit by bit, but right now I think… I should go see the captain.”

”Alright, stay safe!”

1/3
>>
No. 1022516 ID: c7b480
File 164412259650.png - (14.97KB , 500x500 , viewport.png )
1022516

You head up the stairs into the front viewport and storage area… and realize you have no idea where the captain is right now. They must be somewhere around here waiting for you, right?

2/3
>>
No. 1022517 ID: c7b480
File 164412264185.png - (18.56KB , 500x500 , energy.png )
1022517

>>1022194

Well, while you’re at it you nearly forgot to try out your energy sense, let’s test it out.
Huh. There’s definitely a major source of energy behind the adjacent walls, which makes sense considering that’s where the engines are.

3/3
>>
No. 1022518 ID: 96c896

>>1022517
Cool. Try thermal energy. Maybe you can find the captain that way.
>>
No. 1022545 ID: 6e6730

There's a bunch of hardlight projections about, maybe one of them knows where the captain is? Contact them via telepathy again. They'll hook you up.
>>
No. 1022565 ID: aba9fd

Huh, you seem to have a lot of really useful tricks up your sleeve. Your indenture might not last long, I think most ship captains will find abilities like that really useful. You’re a walking talking ship interface.
>>
No. 1022780 ID: c7b480
File 164434142993.png - (17.06KB , 500x500 , thermal.png )
1022780

>>1022518

Thermal would definitely help... if they were close enough, but that does help narrow things down.

1/2
>>
No. 1022782 ID: c7b480
File 164434297080.png - (11.25KB , 500x500 , planning.png )
1022782

You decided to stop to ask one of the holograms as they go by you on the stairs to go play pool in the lounge.

"Hey, any idea where the captain might be?"

"Well, I wasn't paying much attention, but they left the medical wing earlier!"
"Me and blue have been in the lab so we haven't seen them."
"I'm in the left engine and I haven't seen 'em!"
"I'm on the station right now, sorry."
"So am I."

"I'm not sure where the captain would've gone, but he wouldn't have gone far from the ship without saying something."

"Alright, that helps a bit."

You're pretty sure the captain isn't in the upper deck, with your thermal vision they're definitely not in the crew quarters above you. You feel they likely wouldn't be in weapons, or in the kitchen.

That just leaves two options, the back viewport or somewhere outside the ship.

2/2
>>
No. 1022783 ID: 44065a

The back viewport seems suitably dramatic. Besides, it would give you a chance to get a totally cool view on your surroundings.
>>
No. 1022784 ID: aba9fd

It’s gotta be the back viewport, it’s just too perfect a place for the captan to be standing ominously while you deliver the news. It’s drama the situation calls for.
>>
No. 1022968 ID: c7b480
File 164446610137.png - (16.57KB , 500x500 , backport.png )
1022968

>>1022783

Dang, they're not here. Might as well go check out the view though.

1/3
>>
No. 1022969 ID: c7b480
File 164446614979.png - (9.09KB , 500x500 , sideview.png )
1022969

>>1022784

It probably would be pretty dramatic, unfortunately you're gonna have to look elsewhere.

2/3
>>
No. 1022971 ID: c7b480
File 164446628088.png - (12.94KB , 500x500 , oh.png )
1022971

"Oh there you are, I've been looking for you."

Oh- well it looks like he found you.

"I was looking for you!"

What should you talk about first?

You consider the things on your mind...
- Your powers
- Your memories
- Minerva?
- ??? (Suggest!)

3/3
>>
No. 1022985 ID: 96c896

Strange. Does he not have a thermal signature? Maybe he's a robot.
Anyway, tell him about your memories, on the way to Minerva.
>>
No. 1022991 ID: aba9fd

Start with your memory, that way you can end it on a good not with how useful your powers are. He might just forget how much of a burden you just became.
>>
No. 1023150 ID: c7b480
File 164461575936.png - (10.64KB , 500x500 , beamingdown.png )
1023150

"You ready to go see Minerva then?"

"I think so, but I wanted to talk to you about some things."

The captain walks in and goes up to the console next to the window.

"Sure, we can talk about it on our way there. Here, you see this area marked with hazard tape? Stand here with me."

You step over, hesitantly, not quite sure why this area is marked.

"Okay...?"

The captain interacts with the console for a moment before the two of you are now beaming down from the back of the ship, it feels a bit familiar, like the reverse of when they first found you.

As the two of you float down you mention that a lot of the memories you do have are fragmented and not really complete, like the one you had in the medical bay.

"So that's why you were just spacing out?"

"Yeah, mostly, but there's also a few other things."

1/2
>>
No. 1023154 ID: c7b480
File 164461631879.png - (4.65KB , 500x500 , walkntalk.png )
1023154

You mention the powers you have and how you used them on the holograms on the ship. They seem shocked by one of the elements of your story.

"-wait, on the holograms?"

"Mhm- is that a problem?"

"Uhhh... no, as long as Rala wasn't worried about it. Then it's fine.

Lastly you mention the memory you had in the lower decks. The captain lowers their head, a bit sullen.

"Oh... I see. I hope you can find out more about what happened. I- I'm not really sure how I'd explain it, but I understand that kind of situation all too well."

The two of you still have a ways to go until you reach your destination it seems. What else should you talk about...

2/2
>>
No. 1023160 ID: 96c896

Ask about Minerva. What's she like?
>>
No. 1023173 ID: 6e6730

Ask about if he's willing to help you find yourself again, or if that has to wait until you work off your crippling 3000 hour debt.
>>
No. 1023243 ID: aba9fd

Ask what they think you should do, you’re kind of feeling lost and directionless right now. You lost your old self and do t really have any sort of foundation to build off of right now. You need to find some solid ground under you before you start trying to go in any particular direction.
>>
No. 1023315 ID: 15a025

It may be a long shot, but ask if he knows of any planets being destroyed or wars going on? Perhaps a name or something from on-going affairs could remind you more of your past.
>>
No. 1023625 ID: c7b480
File 164505391398.png - (17.40KB , 500x500 , onminerva.png )
1023625

>>1023160

“What’s Minerva like?”

”Well, Minerva is… to put it in a strangely good way, very set in her ways. If she makes a promise, she will never break it. Ever. Even if it causes more problems than it solves. Still, at her core she’s very compassionate. This station and it’s many crews are tasked with helping others with their problems. They provide us with materials to help keep things running and expand and they get the time of our crews to help them with their problems.”

“It’s kind of like a charity then?”

”Mhn- loosely, not exactly. We don’t do things for free. We do accept goods, currency, pretty much anything in exchange for our time. Or their own time to help us with what we need done. And as we work for Minerva we receive time too, so if there was anything I needed I could use that time to get it done.”

1/7
>>
No. 1023626 ID: c7b480
File 164505401838.png - (10.80KB , 500x500 , elevation.png )
1023626

>>1023173

“Do you think you’d be able to help me find… myself?”

”Oh, of course. I’m sure when we talk to Minerva about this she’ll want to help you with your current situation too. It’s just, it doesn't seem you have any leads right now and neither do we. If anything does come up though, we’ll jump right on it.”

>>1023243

“What should I do then? I barely know who I am and the rest of it is all- lost.”

”I know… but perhaps making a new life for yourself will reveal the past? Call it a hunch, but I feel you used to be an engineer. Maybe refreshing yourself on those skills could bring some memories out?”

“I’m not certain it would, but it would be something to do…”

The two of you eventually head into an elevator at the end of the hall, as the doors close behind you feel a bit uncomfortable, but it’s hard to place why… -oh hey, the screen next to the door has a map of the station.

2/7
>>
No. 1023627 ID: c7b480
File 164505403454.png - (10.86KB , 500x500 , stationmap.png )
1023627

The captain heads up to the screen and presses on the map.

”Take us to the archives…”

After a brief verification process where the captain scanned a tablet across the screen the elevator began to rise.

3/7
>>
No. 1023628 ID: c7b480
File 164505408920.png - (78.75KB , 500x500 , generator.png )
1023628

>>1023315

“Hey- have there been any ongoing wars? Or like, planets destroyed? It could be related to what happened to me.”

”War? -no, no not at all. Thus far there haven’t been any galactic scale wars, yet. We almost had one a while ago, but thankfully it fizzled out.”

“How long ago was ‘awhile’?”


“Okay, so maybe a few hundred years ago, on a galactic scale though, that’s- relatively recent. Here, lemme see if there’s something I could show you… actually this is a good time I gave you this.”

The captain digs in their pocket for a second tablet and hands it to you, once they see it starting to levitate they confidently let go of it as you look at the screen.

4/7
>>
No. 1023629 ID: c7b480
File 164505431918.gif - (5.05MB , 500x500 , map.gif )
1023629

”Before I get into it you probably wanna have an idea of the galactic map.”

”The thing you want to know the most is the four main sectors.”


”First, you’ve got the wilds, controlled by the Federation of Oak. Home to a variety of species with highly similar flora and fauna on their planets. Scientists have theorized that a seeder race passed through here long ago and terraformed a large number of the planets in this sector which is why a lot of biologically similar species eventually developed in the area.”

”Next, there’s the frontier, that’s where we are right now, we’re that dot near the border of the wilds. This used to be neutral ground, but so many different races have come into the area that it’s become somewhat of its own culture. Many new prospects are moving out here to stake their claim.”

”Then we have the ruin sector, this is where your species is from and it’s their government that controls the whole sector. The area contains a lot of old structures and technology from a past civilization that we’re still researching.

”Lastly, the unknown. Nobody goes out there and anybody who does isn’t heard from again. People have their own superstitions about it, but no matter what it might be, no sane person goes out there.”

5/7
>>
No. 1023630 ID: c7b480
File 164505443556.gif - (884.71KB , 500x500 , planet.gif )
1023630

“You said there was ‘almost’ a war? What happened?”

”Well. There’s another reason some people gave the ruin sector its name. See… the Viriskon’s way of colonization was destructive. They’d land on a planet with life and wipe it out systematically. Now, I don’t fully blame them. I’d be pretty terrified if an entire planet was turning a harmless gas into a deadly one, but that doesn’t justify killing it. Eventually though they stopped once they discovered there was other intelligent life in the universe- and as far as we know, thankfully, none of the planets they colonized had sentient lifeforms on it. Still this news got to the chirk death planet-

“DEATH PLANET?!”

”-yeah. Imagine a small terrestrial moon with a gigantic laser powered by the planet’s core that can fly freely through the galaxy. The area in gold next to the ruin sector is where the chirk’s roam. They’re pretty fond of nature and don’t like seeing it harmed.

How do they have a ‘death planet’?!

”We don’t know, nobody’s brave enough to get close enough to study it, but it’s likely a remnant of the civilization that occupied the ruin sector in the past.”

“...how many planets did they destroy?”

”Oh, the chirks haven’t attacked anyone yet-”

“No, I mean, the Viriskon.”

”-ah. Nine planets.

“Nine planets…”

6/7
>>
No. 1023631 ID: c7b480
File 164505449091.png - (35.30KB , 500x500 , higher.png )
1023631

“...”

”Hey, we’re almost to the archives, take a look outside.”

Looking up you can see you are now passing through the housing center of the station, artificial sunlight passing through the glass as you long upon the vast biodome.

”Was there anything else on your mind?”

7/7
>>
No. 1023632 ID: 96c896

If we were an engineer in our previous life, then... it's possible we designed many of the machines that allowed for the destructive terraforming. Perhaps our death was retribution for that. Probably wasn't the Death Planet's laser though, as the conisk was "shattered" and a laser that big would've just vaporized it.
I don't understand why the Viriskon bothered terraforming lush planets though. They're not exactly common planet types, and it must've been easier to terraform other types. Perhaps it happened once those desolate yet habitable planets became hard to find in their territory.

What are the smaller areas on the galactic map?

What is Viriskon civilization like?
>>
No. 1023703 ID: 6e6730

What's Rala's deal anyways, with all the hardlight projections everywhere? When you tapped into the network, it seemed like they were psychically (?) connected to every other projection around the ship.
>>
No. 1023791 ID: c34311

>tuning planets with life into planets without life.

Jesus what do they breathe, methane? Are they fkn grunts?

Sounds like there’s a big galaxy out there. The ruins are a decent ways off, but maybe it’d be worth traveling there to see if there’s anymore info about you from your species. Maybe they have the equivalent of a national database or a backup system? Something to ask about at least.

Giant unknown planet destroying Death Star sounds bad, but the lack of conflict makes this galaxy sound like a not so scary place. Finding out who tried to kill you might not be such a perilous thing as you first assumed.

Definitely take the captain up on engineering. That sounds like something you’re pretty much built for. Easy job where you can just ask the tech what’s wrong. Sounds like you can make some hard light friends along the way. Who knows, maybe you could commandeer a ship if you felt inclined. Just befriend the tech? Just an option.
>>
No. 1023792 ID: 96c896

>>1023791
They're the same thing Kio is. Oxygen is poisonous.
>>
No. 1024429 ID: c7b480
File 164567774640.gif - (34.26KB , 500x500 , 0-36_1.gif )
1024429

>>1023632

They said this took place about two hundred years ago… if you were a part of what happened, how old would that make you? The thought of that worries you. It would go against your name wouldn’t it? To be something that brought the end to life? Actually, how old are you?

“Do you know how old I am?”

”Oh, you’d have to ask the doctor about that.”

“Ah, alright i’ll have to do that. …how long do Viriskon live for?”

There was a short pause as the Captain turned with a nervous reply, ”You’re- not asking that because you think you’re related to what happened to those planets right?”

“It’s possible, isn’t it?”

”-okay, so conisk typically live for about three hundred years, but when I said it happened two hundred years ago, I meant that was when it was all wrapping up. Odds are if you were at all involved you were dismantling it.”

“-but what about my conierisk. Is it possible they were involved?”

The Captain had been appearing to add on with another retort, but that put a stop in their thinking, with an exasperated sigh they continued on, ”...okay- maybe. Though I would say with almost full certainty, that is probably not the case. Look kid, don’t stress yourself out over the idea. Even if you are tied to- the worse aspects of the past, then this may be an opportunity to move on and separate from them.”

While the Captain’s words aren’t the most comforting, they’re right, you don’t know enough about yourself to be making assumptions like that, but it is important to consider that if you do get memories back, they may not all be pleasant ones.

1/4
>>
No. 1024430 ID: c7b480
File 164567795543.png - (47.92KB , 500x500 , 0-36_2.png )
1024430

“...do you know anything about Viriskon culture?”

”Oh I knew a few things.”

“What’s it like?”

”Very… philosophical. It’s mainly centered around their belief system, Fetacivs. A big part about it is that they believe that basking in the light of certain stars will give them different powers. Lot of their politics is centered around finding those different stars that can be seen from their homeworld and making a claim to them- peacefully. They’ve already got stations around a lot of the very important ones. That’s mostly how they’ve been expanding since they ended their terraforming project.”

“Some of that… sounds familiar. I think I know some of the stars you’re talking about…”

”Really? …can you name any of them?”

“No, but when I think about the powers I have that’s how I remember them. Though a lot of them are still blurry and I can’t really make them out like I used to.”

”I see. Hopefully in time they become clearer.”

As the elevator drifts further and further along the Captain would come to a realization, ”Y’know, whenever a conierisk dies it’s- a really big deal. They live for quite a long time so, whenever it happens it’s all over the news. Natural death or not.”

“Have there been any recently? Maybe just knowing the name of my conierisk could help!”

”...that’s the thing I realized, no conierisk has passed away in over a hundred years or so.”

“So, maybe there’s a chance they’re alive?”

”-or it could’ve been covered up. Though, that’d be an extremely difficult cover up. I’d say it’s more likely that they could be alive. However they managed it.”

“I hope they are…”

That thought makes you feel a bit better about everything. Maybe they're looking for you out in the vastness of space. You can't imagine what it might be like when you finally reunite...

>>1023632
>>1023703
>>1023791

There’s still a lot more on your mind, but with the elevator nearing its destination those thoughts will have to be saved for later.

2/4
>>
No. 1024431 ID: c7b480
File 164567799758.png - (16.54KB , 500x500 , 0-36_3.png )
1024431

The elevator opens up and you feel some relief as you exit the small chamber. Oddly enough though the room is dark, not a problem with your impeccable vision, though it is definitely a contrast with everything until now. The room is littered with all sorts of objects big and small, quite the strange and undefined collection.

3/4
>>
No. 1024433 ID: c7b480
File 164567807326.gif - (608.36KB , 500x500 , 0-36_4.gif )
1024433

As the two of you step further in, lights from above would shine down on one particular curio on a table.

”And there she is, Minerva.”

“…what.”

It’s literally just a small figurine of a dancer.

You turn to the Captain with a face full of doubt, “This isn’t a joke right?”

”Why don’t you take a closer look?”

4/4
>>
No. 1024434 ID: 96c896

>>1024433
Oh! A shadow creature! That's very cool. I wonder if you can see more of her? Try switching between multiple light-related senses to see if anything more shows up. Ultraviolet, infrared, magnetic fields... can your energy sense power pick up anything more abstract like "life" or "soul"? Can you sense gravity?
When you check infrared again take a peek at the captain, to see if he doesn't show up on it, which would explain not being able to find him.

Also say hello! It's nice to meet her. She wanted to see you?
>>
No. 1024602 ID: 894419

Immediately ask how that works! That's some bonafide magic! Also be polite and say hello
>>
No. 1024605 ID: e7c7d3

Poke the figurine
>>
No. 1024620 ID: d0108b

make shadow puppets - you're a shapeshifter, you can make anything
>>
No. 1024635 ID: aba9fd

Boop the shadow with ur snoot and see what happen.

Honestly just try not to loose it at how cool Minerva is, luau dancer shadow creature is a powerful subclass. Show her some respect.
>>
No. 1024829 ID: 15a025

Oooh! Shadow creature! Try making a shadow puppet and see what it does?
>>
No. 1024831 ID: e51896

>>1024620
this!
>>
No. 1025232 ID: c7b480
File 164631497566.png - (302.89KB , 500x500 , 0-37_1.png )
1025232

>>1024434

Seeing some kind of sentient shadow right before you immediately fills your mind with questions. No other types of vision seem to indicate anything out of the ordinary. Is she alive? Is this some kind of magic? What’s going on here? Maybe your energy sense can detect some kind of life force? You try to focus on that concept… and- woah! It’s beautiful, foreign, and at all the same time so familiar…

-for a second you glance back at the Captain with infrared vision, apparently there’s something really hot in there! Must’ve been outside the ship while you were looking for them.

>>1024620
>>1024829

You consider making shadow puppets, but you don’t seem to have any shapes on your mind, just the idea of it. You do wonder how she interacts with other shadows.

>>1024605
>>1024635

-plus as much as you really want to, it probably wouldn’t be the best to mess around someone you just met. Especially for someone you’re quite literally in debt to. You plan to be respectful, not only for her sake but for your own. Plus you’re not sure yet if she could destroy you or not.

1/4
>>
No. 1025233 ID: c7b480
File 164631509485.png - (8.43KB , 500x500 , 0-37_2.png )
1025233

As you’re busy staring in awe Minerva decides to get the pleasantries going, ”Captain Viridian, nice to see you. And- you as well, my new guest.”

“Kiocoatl. I- have a lot of questions.”

A laugh would come from the shadow, ”I’m sure you do! Why don’t we get those out of the way first then?”

>>1024602

“Okay, so, not to be rude, but- what are you? How are you? Are you using magic?”

”Oh I’m doing just fine, but I’m assuming you’re wondering how I’m taking form here. I am what is known as a rift shadow. …it’s not quite really what we are, but it’s what we’re called. Magic? As a Viriskon I am sure you are familiar with how your skill works and the way I exist is quite the same.

“Not… really. How is it the same?”

”Oh, well just like you I have more control over the rift than others naturally do, in my case I exist in the rift, and projecting myself into the physical realm is how I interact with it.”

“Huh… I, see…”

You’re learning more about yourself than anything else, your skill comes from the rift? You’ve got a feeling that you know more about this than you remember, but some of those memories are still fuzzy to you.

2/4
>>
No. 1025234 ID: c7b480
File 164631516549.gif - (48.56KB , 500x500 , 0-37_3.gif )
1025234

You hold those thoughts off for now.

“So- you wanted to see [i]me?[i/]

”Of course, it’s not often I meet Viriskon, especially one that’s tri-attuned, or attuned to Cosidual no less!”

“You know Cosidual?”

”Yes!- I mean, they’re a bona fide god, at least practically so. I find them very intriguing. See, I’ve been trying to learn more about them, because I’ve heard rumors that their consciousness exists in the rift. I want to figure out how they did it. Is there anything you could tell me about Cosidual, I’d certainly make it worth your time.”

As Minerva continues to explain her aspirations you feel that the Captain is a bit nervous…

“Oh. I’d love to help you, but- there’s a bit of an issue.”

”They’ve lost a majority of their memories.”

3/4
>>
No. 1025235 ID: c7b480
File 164631524145.gif - (34.90KB , 500x500 , 0-37_4.gif )
1025235

Quickly as the fact is laid out Minerva’s tone shifts, ”-oh you poor thing! I’m so sorry, I didn’t even realize what you had gone through.”

The light shifts and now she’s right in front of you giving your shadow a hug, it actually feels like you have arms around you! It’s nice…

“-it’s okay, I maaaybe should’ve led with that.”

”Is there anything that you can remember?”

“Well…” -you fill Minerva in on everything you can remember.

”You’re lucky to have someone like Cosidual watching over you, I can’t imagine what it’s like going through all these changes, I hope it hasn’t been too difficult to readjust.”

“There’s definitely a lot I need to relearn…”

”You’re in the best place you could possibly be then. We’ve got plenty of people here that can help with that.”

You’re being hugged by a shadow in command of an entire space station, what do you talk about now? The main reason she wanted to see you was kind of ruined by your memory loss.

4/4
>>
No. 1025250 ID: 96c896

What about the memory of being attuned? You could tell her about that.

Also you could talk about prospective employment, and what life is like around the station.
>>
No. 1025260 ID: 6e6730

That concept you realized something about, the rift? Maybe you could get her to explain more about that, it might even awaken a memory.

Also, the view in energy vision definitely looks like a constellation. Does she have her own star-inspired skillset too?
>>
No. 1025411 ID: aba9fd

>>1025250
This. Also, ask her more about the rift and what you have to do with it. You know some, but that some is what a farmer on a distant star might know, not what you should know.

I’d say if there’s anyone you can blindly trust about your history and powers, it’s this shadow creature you literally just met. Show em off, maybe they have an idea of what role you can fill on the station. Maybe even offer a little space adventure.
>>
No. 1025413 ID: 15a025

Moving forward, I guess you could ask about what job opportunities there are for you to work on your debt.
>>
No. 1025709 ID: 894419

This >>1025411 & this >>1025413
>>
No. 1025881 ID: c7b480
File 164696480367.png - (7.47KB , 500x500 , 0-38_1.png )
1025881

>>1025250
-you did tell her about that, she even made reference to how Cosidual was watching you. Whatever that might mean.

”While your attunement ritual isn’t anything special- aside from being attuned to three main cores, the fact that Cosidual spoke to you most definitely is.”

>>1025411
Considering how familiar this rift sounds it must be important to you,
“The rift… what is it? Could you explain it?”

Minerva breaks the hug and backs away giving you a nod as she smiled, ”Certainly!”

Lights would illuminate some of the murals that decorated the room…

”As I understand it, rift energy is what all physical things are made of. Everything you see whittled down to its most basic components is composed of this energy. The rift itself is a plane where all this energy resides.”

1/5
>>
No. 1025882 ID: c7b480
File 164696486015.png - (6.07KB , 500x500 , 0-38_2.png )
1025882

”For a civilization to progress further and reach a galactic scale of influence, understanding and harnessing rift energy is essential. Simply discovering it’s existence, however, is far beyond what is needed to accomplish this.”

2/5
>>
No. 1025883 ID: c7b480
File 164696488350.png - (5.85KB , 500x500 , 0-38_3.png )
1025883

”Opening up a rift takes an extraordinary amount of energy and is the first step to traveling beyond a single solar system. It either takes the energy of an entire planet to be concentrated into a singular task, or a method of gathering energy from a nearby star. The moment a rift is opened though all energy barriers are destroyed. With access to the rift and it’s boundless energy more rifts can be opened using the rift itself.”

3/5
>>
No. 1025884 ID: c7b480
File 164696492801.gif - (226.54KB , 500x500 , 0-38_4.gif )
1025884

”By traveling through the rift ships can burn down the travel time of hopping from planet to planet into seconds, moving from solar system to solar system within hours and you could likely cross the galaxy within a week in a fast ship.”

”Furthermore… for those such as us, connected to entities that exist within the rift itself, we have something special. The power to manipulate rift energy. This is why I am so curious about Cosidual… I’d like to know what makes us similar.

>>1025260
“Hm. Do you have a constellation too?”

”Constellation? No- I’m not a follower of Fetacivs. The way Viriskon look at the rift is one of the things that sets us apart.”

4/5
>>
No. 1025885 ID: c7b480
File 164696500691.png - (8.24KB , 500x500 , 0-38_5.png )
1025885

>>1025413
With Minerva's explanation of the rift concluded another question crosses your mind, “Could we talk about what it’s like working here?”

”Oh- I’m sure Viridian can help you with that.”

”Of course, I can show you around the station some- if we’re done here.” The Captain would glance up to Minerva momentarily for approval.

”I have no further questions, so unless there’s more you’d like to hear from me then you’re free to explore the station.”

…what else could you ask Minerva about? Or is it time to see more of the station to see what kind of work is ahead of you?

5/5
>>
No. 1025890 ID: 96c896

How does she see the world? Not mechanically, but... what does it look like, to her?
>>
No. 1026006 ID: 2ec0f0

It’s time to get out of here and start the grind. Need to work off those slave hours somehow.

Also does this mean you can store energy in the rift? Is that a way to sidestep energy not being created or destroyed? Just shove it all in a hole.
>>
No. 1026008 ID: d40688

We should ask what sort of work we can do for them to pay off our little fix debt. If there is any tasks we can do that are worth more work time and the like. Idle hands are the devils playthings!
>>
No. 1026074 ID: 15a025

Let's check out what kinda work we can do on the ship, or what opportunities await for us.
>>
No. 1027765 ID: c7b480
File 164876795942.png - (14.18KB , 500x500 , 0-39_1.png )
1027765

>>1025890
You’ve got one more question in you about Minerva…
“How do you see the world?”

”Figuratively? Or literally?”
“Uhhh-”
”Hm, both are practically the same for me. I’ve told you what I understand about the rift, I see everything as one. We all come from the same things, but it’s what we do with it that defines ‘us’. I am defined by my actions, just as we all are.”

“Wow…” You turn your head toward the Captain, “-alright, I think I’m ready to move on.”

Before he has a chance to say something Minerva would speak up, ”Actually… Viridian, I need to speak to you on a few things, privately.”

”Oh. Okay ma’am.” The Captain would nod to Minerva before looking toward you, ”I’m sure you can handle yourself on your own, just head down to housing and call Rala on the tablet I gave you, they’ll tell you about what kind of work there is to be done around the station.”

With directions, and the pressure that you should leave these two to whatever important conversation they’re about to have, you part ways, saying your goodbyes to the two as you enter the elevator…

1/6
>>
No. 1027766 ID: c7b480
File 164876802455.gif - (514.85KB , 500x500 , 0-39_2.gif )
1027766

…it’s quiet. It wasn’t really on your mind before but this elevator gave you a bad feeling. Why is that?

You try to focus on-

The walls are closing in around you.

You are alone.

Metal shutters around you as the pieces of your vessel are battered by asteroids.
The walls, choking you moving in closer and closer.

You are alone.

You feel your thoughts drain from your core as nothing but fear sets in.

The walls peel back, giving way to the abyss.

You are alone.

You feel your entire being break into innumerable pieces.

2/6
>>
No. 1027767 ID: c7b480
File 164876806624.gif - (53.36KB , 500x500 , 0-39_3.gif )
1027767



You’re out.

A large wave of relief hits you as you open your eyes and see people around.

You take a few minutes to regather yourself…

3/6
>>
No. 1027770 ID: c7b480
File 164876810669.gif - (636.28KB , 500x500 , 0-39_4.gif )
1027770

-wait where did you even put that tablet?

And just out of thin air it materializes before you! …you have no idea how you did that.

How do you use this thing? Is it a touch screen? -oh, it comes with a pen!

It doesn’t take long to figure out how this technology works so you let Rala know where you are.

”Hey, I’m not too far from the elevator. Why don’t we talk in person?”

4/6
>>
No. 1027771 ID: c7b480
File 164876817806.png - (45.77KB , 500x500 , 0-39_5.png )
1027771

Not too long after calling them Rala arrives with one of their holograms, you consider talking about what happened in the elevator, but out of anything in the universe, you do not want to think about it. You just want to get to work and put it behind you…

>>1026006
>>1026008
>>1026074
“So what kind of work is there to do around here?”
”Well, usually we take on missions but things have been slow lately… not a lot for us to do right now. Let me think…”

5/6
>>
No. 1027772 ID: c7b480
File 164876821436.png - (56.30KB , 500x500 , 0-39_6.png )
1027772

”The ship bay could always use more hands, it’s a good place for meeting all kinds of people, and plenty of unique ships dock at our station. Mostly the work is just helping load and unload cargo or doing ship repairs.”

”Alternatively the power station has been a little understaffed. It’s not really exciting work, just monitoring the coils making sure everything is running at peak efficiency, but I’m sure those working there would be eager to train someone, it’s a good place to learn more about how the rift works.”

”Which one do you think you’d like to do? I can help you get introduced.”

6/6
>>
No. 1027777 ID: 96c896

>>1027766
Oops, looks like we've got some PTSD triggered by confined spaces.

>>1027767
Hey there's a quadruped over there. Are they of our kind?

>>1027772
Power station maintenance seems like it would be perfect for our skills. We can literally see electricity, and can interface with machines! Also it's our calling to learn about the rift, I think.
>>
No. 1027780 ID: 894419

>>1027772
I think the power station sounds like a plan!
>>
No. 1027905 ID: 713339

Time for some power station training time, but first a lil detour. This is your first time being in a crowd, maybe go talk to some aliens first and see if you can remember how to have small talk. Meet some cool aliens n stuff, that quadruped and the snake thing next to it look cool. Go bother them first.
>>
No. 1028042 ID: 3a4e94

Lets do power station stuff. Monitoring some coils will allow for some introspection and the like.
>>
No. 1028129 ID: 15a025

Power station feels like it could be up our alley.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason