[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 162208627520.png - (107.62KB , 800x600 , Stygian Periapt.png )
1001856 No. 1001856 ID: 59f01e

Eight weeks ago, strange lights were reported along the coast some five hundred miles south of An-Teng- Anathema, or so the local Immaculates believe. Seven weeks ago, an oath-bound brotherhood was sent to “cut their teeth” so to speak, investigating the reported anima banner and sending word of their findings back to the Realm. Four weeks ago, they stopped reporting in, seeming to have disappeared like so many cargo ships and laborers before them. Two weeks ago, you were hired by an Immaculate Monk as bodyguards and worldly aids to travel to Ironport, the last known location of your younger cousins, with the intent to find out what happened to them, ensure stability of the realms interests in the region, and most importantly, bring in whatever anathema caused this mess, alive. About three hundred miles before reaching your destination however, a Lintha ship has been spotted, attempting to put out what seems to be a rather threatening amount of flames currently endangering hull, sail, and crew.
Post a character sheet, describe where you are physically in relation to the burning ship, the method of transportation that got you there, and provide a roll accompanying a declared action.
Expand all images
>>
No. 1001857 ID: 59f01e

This is a play-by-post exalted 2.5 game which will make use of houserules and a discord server to resolve some elements of play. Players are welcome to join regardless of experience, assuming a willingness to learn.
Discord:
https://discord.gg/6TV3hz22Jw
If you like this, help make more of it happen: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=4587981
>>
No. 1001859 ID: 59f01e

The realm received three weeks of reports before the younger brotherhood went MIA. Initial sightings led members of House Ragara who were stationed in An-Teng to believe anathema were involved; namely, what appeared to be an anima banner depicting a black siaka surrounded by a dark cresting ocean.

In the reports that followed, it was noted that towns and spirit courts alike were complaining of strange disappearances; laborers recruited en mass were taking long work contracts and then never writing home, gods and elementals bound to protect cargo ships and caravans failing to appear at their destinations, and realm tribute going missing from the southern coast (or so the families in An-Teng claim).

The last message received by House Ragara indicated the brotherhood had circled in on an unmapped island they believed to be the location many of these disappearances were linked to, and, as it could not be pierced by scrying or sorcery, an in person investigation was required.
>>
No. 1001874 ID: f57349

rolled 5, 3, 10, 6, 3, 3, 9, 7, 4, 10, 10, 7, 7, 5, 8, 7, 10, 4, 10, 9, 5, 10, 4, 10, 5, 10, 4, 6, 1, 3, 2, 6, 3, 1, 6, 1, 2, 8, 10, 2, 3, 3, 6, 3, 8, 5, 7, 2, 3, 10, 7, 5, 9, 5, 7, 1, 4, 1, 5, 3 = 333

Character sheet:Chosen of Endings
Motivation: break the pride of those who have no trade but violence

Essence 4, Willpower 10
Compassion 3, Conviction 2, Temperance 2, Valor 2

Strength 4, Dexterity 4, Stamina 4
Charisma 4, Manipulation 1, Appearance 2
Perception 4, Intelligence 4, Wits 3

Craft, Linguistics, Sail, and Stealth favored
Athletics 3 (Swimming +1)
*Awareness 2
*Bureaucracy 2
*Craft (Air) 2
*Craft (Earth) 2
*Craft (Fire) 2
*Craft (Water) 1
*Craft (Wood) 4
*Craft (Crystal) 2
*Craft (Lightning) 1
Dodge 3
*Integrity 2
Investigation 4
*Linguistics 1 (High Realm native, Old Realm can pass for native of Yu-Shan or ancient Lintha)
Lore 3
*Martial Arts 5
*Medicine 5
Occult 3 (Art of Warding and Exorcism +2)
Resistance 3 (Swimming +1)
*Sail 4
Socialize 1
*Stealth 2
War 1

Artifact 5 (medevac-modded Aerial Rickshaw)
Backing 1 (Bronze Faction)
Backing 1 (Convention on Deathlords)
Celestial Manse 2 (Jewel of the Lawgiver's Authority)
Connections 1 (Immaculate Order, south, abbot in the City of the Steel Lotus)
Connections 1 (Lintha family, west, pawnbroker in the City of the Steel Lotus)
Familiar 3 (minor fire elemental serving as messenger and maintenance tech)
Salary 3
Savant 3
Sifu 1 (Air Dragon, Prismatic Arrangement of Creation minus the capstone and magical materials)

Forgotten Earth
Burn Life
Inexorable Advance

Prior Warning
Expected Pain
Supernal Awareness
Wise Choice
Inevitable Pursuit
Conclusive Wisdom

Icy Hand

Second Craft Excellency
Elemental Vision
Excellent Implementation of Objectives
Destiny-Knitting Entanglement
World-Shaping Artistic Vision (monastic naivete)
Mending Warped Designs
Implicit Construction Methodology

Absence
Duck Fate
Avoidance Kata
Trouble-Reduction Strategy

Efficient Secretary Technique
Research Assistant Invocation
Embracing Life Method

Air Dragon's Sight
Wind Dragon Speed
Breath-Seizing Technique
Shrouding the Body and Mind
Air Dragon Form

Spell-Shattering Palm
Air Aspect Terrestrial Ways
God Ways

Lotus Eye Tactics
Lion Mouse Stratagem
Sifu's Useful Fingers
Throne Shadow Form
Shadow Lost in the Court
Pneuma-Sealing Strike
Deadliest of All Weapons
Clear Eyes Defense
Welcoming the Uninvited Guest
Finger-Stealing Handshake
World as Weapon Mastery

Second Medicine Excellency
Peaceable Conclusion
Smooth Transition
Invocation of the Storm-Following Silence

Stone Skipping Spirit
Mirror Shattering Method

Auspicious Recruitment Drive

The Ewer 1 (main cover identity as a second-coil monk)
The Quiver 1 (favored)
The Guardians 3
The Crow 1
The Haywain 1
The Rising Smoke 1
The Sword 1

bonus points:
5 for WP
2 for martial arts
2 for medicine
1 for sail
4 for artifact
4 for other backgrounds

XP:
45 to Essence from 2 to 4
99 for initial favored charms
24 for Strength from 1 to 4
6 for College of the Guardians from 1 to 3
15 for Awareness from 2 to 5
45 for the rest of the Awareness tree: Expected Pain, Supernal Awareness, Wise Choice, Inevitable Pursuit, Conclusive Wisdom
4 for Craft (Air) from 0 to 2
1 for Craft (Crystal) from 1 to 2
4 for Craft (Earth) from 0 to 2
4 for Craft (Fire) from 0 to 2
3 for Craft (Lightning) from 0 to 1
3 for Craft (Water) from 0 to 1
12 for Craft (Wood) from 3 to 5
45 for the rest of the craft tree: Elemental Vision, Excellent Implementation of Objectives, World-Shaping Artistic Vision, Mending Warped Designs, Implicit Construction Methodology
90 for the rest of Throne Shadow Style
12 for Athletics from 0 to 3 and a specialty
10 for Investigation from 2 to 4
12 for Resistance from 0 to 3 and a specialty
66 for unfavored charms: Forgotten Earth, Burn Life, Inexorable Advance, Trouble-Reduction Strategy, Research Assistant Invocation, Embracing Life Method

>describe where you are physically in relation to the burning ship,
Belowdecks, in the cargo hold, next to the broken keg of lamp oil.
>the method of transportation that got you there,
Swimming via Mirror-Shattering Method.
>and provide a roll accompanying a declared action.
First of all, spending 6m peripheral for Wise Choice: the Department of Ruining These Pirates In Particular is now hiring. There are multiple positions open, no time for proper interviews or training, and I want to make sure I select the best candidates available.

Second, I reflexively spend a seventh peripheral mote to tag my first new employee with Trouble-Reduction Strategy - someone who cannot swim, and who would be willing to leave with me given a reasonable opportunity. The more accurate, useful intel they have about Lintha plans, the better, but any innocent captive who wouldn't otherwise be likely to make it out alive is also acceptable.

Third, a flurry of mundane actions, also guided by information from Wise Choice. I wipe my fingerprints off the fire pearl, then drop it wherever will cause the most disruption to Lintha operations over the next month, particularly with regard to spoiling alliances. I toss the ring of keys (which I acquired from a prior use of Embracing Life Method) at whoever will use it to successfully rescue the most prisoners, slaves, etc.

Then I engage Avoidance Kata, retconning myself and the Trouble-Reduction beneficiary out of the "belowdecks on a burning ship" scene, probably landing us somewhere in the open ocean.

If there's a friendly vessel nearby, ideally with the other PCs on it, I'll try to get their attention. If not, summon my aerial rickshaw with Destiny-Knitting Entanglement.

While waiting, I'll also do my best to help my new friend not drown, and, since that involves a clinch, spend another 3m to incidentally tag them with Deadliest Of All Weapons.
>>
No. 1001925 ID: 59f01e

>>1001874
We need to establish the cover identity currently active, as well as whatever identity they had up when making initial contact with the PCs; additionally, a name, anima banner, intimacies, and limit break need to be recorded somewhere I can see them.
>>
No. 1002089 ID: afdebc

rolled 7, 2, 7, 2, 3, 10, 2, 10, 5, 1, 7, 1, 5, 8, 5, 5, 1, 10, 9, 6, 3, 6, 1, 10, 2, 2, 2, 3, 1, 6, 7, 2, 5, 7, 4, 5, 8, 7, 1, 7, 3, 3, 9, 2, 7, 6, 4, 5, 1, 8 = 243

>an oath-bound brotherhood was sent to “cut their teeth”
Did the exarchs' sense go missing along with the Empress? Anathema-hunting is no task for greenhorns!

>weeks of reports
Before heading out, Maria grabbed hold of whatever intelligence had been gathered and made available to the team and burnt through them all with Elemental Concentration Trance.

>describe where you are physically in relation to the burning ship, the method of transportation that got you there, and provide a roll accompanying a declared action.
Marisa's currently cruising above the waves on her magic broomstick, midway between the brotherhood's own vessel and the burning pirate ship (ain't much help sailing, but recon and rapid response is well within her wheelhouse. Uh, broomhouse?). As-is, she's currently wondering if this is a trap—normally if a pirate ship were threatening her friends, she'd just light them up, but it seems like someone already did. Unless they're trying to lure in rescuers, or trick us into lowering our guard?

2m personal committed to Fivefold Resonance Sense (and have a Perception 3 + Occult 5 + Stunt roll, if needed), and 2m personal spent on Observer Awareness Style (Perception 3 + Larceny 4 + Stunt). In addition, rolling (Perception 3 + Awareness 3 + Stunt) to try and make out if this is a trap or if there's anything else worth noticing. Hmm, probably (Dexterity 5 + Stealth 2 + Stunt) to try and keep from the pirate's notice, but from more than a hundred yards away, and the distraction and provided by the fire, odds are probably low they would in the first place.

>Sworn Brother's Oath
Since none of us cast it ourselves, what's our Oathbond rating?
>>
No. 1002298 ID: a8b1c5

rolled 5, 10, 10, 7, 4, 2, 8, 5, 3, 4, 3, 2, 5, 8, 1, 3, 2, 7, 8, 7, 7, 8, 2, 8, 3, 1, 3, 9, 2, 5, 2, 6, 1, 9, 1, 10, 6, 7, 4, 10, 1, 6, 5, 1, 5, 9, 9, 4, 3, 6 = 257

Character Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CYbGGPxGX8ywJTPIMjIpp4gcDWZOQNQVPHdZEI_ay2s/edit?usp=drivesdk

Ragara Bolang Posu was a veteran of murdering Anathema, even if this wasn't a murder mission. But, she was also a woman of the highest honor, and wasn't going to travel outside of her own personal transportation, so she made some purchases and acquired a battle ready Empress Class Superyacht outfitted with a mercenary crew that she intended to donate to the Imperial Navy for a part of her taxes this year.

With the sight of a ship identifiable as Lintha by on fire, this called for immediate action. After all, they might actually succeed on fighting the flames, or worse, whatever their improperly pillaged claims might be lost instead of properly claimed by the attendant Dragon that first responds to the scene and those resources wouldn't be collected or properly taxed.

And so, she was hurtling at 100 miles an hour clad in hundreds of pounds of the most marvelous first age artifice ever conceived, smashing through the burning timbers like they were made of sawdust suspended in paint, quickly scanning the room and seeing how many people are in the room, and scanning swiftly over everything in the room with the Savant's Icy Eye to quickly ascertain what the most valuable plunder is, starting with captured slaves and then in descending monetary value.
>>
No. 1002359 ID: 911880

rolled 6, 6, 4, 1, 10, 7, 2, 7, 6, 4, 10, 5, 8, 8, 1 = 85

Character Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v_qUGY2emKOEgKJgmi4LJVJGWjgBXDpywb87iLm8o1I/edit#gid=0

Dressed in an ever-changing outfit of ribbons with a Kimono base, Ribbons sat on the bow of the Tax Collector's ship, a small tablet in hand with a quill. Their Job was a simple one for the moment, record keeping. After all, how can one write this all off as a tax break without it being documented. As fast as Ragara headed to 'take inventory' of the Burning ship, Ribbon's quill kept up, leaving an inky black streak that spells out the procedures the tax man is taking, each sentence ending like a crashing wave, only to be pulled back by the creative undertow to build up for another Crashing wave of words. That is why Ribbon's was here, to document the events for Taxes and the All Seeing Eye with Excellent Linguistic Skills(2 Personal motes worth); Why else would a God-Blooded be on such a trip with such amenities?
>>
No. 1002680 ID: 59f01e
File 162290967013.png - (80.52KB , 800x600 , ironport.png )
1002680

rolled 6, 4, 5, 5, 5, 7, 8, 10, 5, 7, 5, 2, 1, 7, 8, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1, 8, 8, 7, 7, 9, 2, 6, 10, 2, 7, 9, 8, 6, 9, 1, 6, 4, 10, 7, 4, 3, 4, 1, 5, 10, 2, 9, 5, 3, 9, 3, 1, 4, 7, 10, 10, 8, 4, 2, 4 = 328

>>1002089
>Anathema-hunting is no task for greenhorns!
While there is no excuse for rash behavior and half-considered plans, it is only thanks to the diligent efforts of your younger brothers and sisters that the nature of the threat was uncovered; truly, even now we are only speculating based on recounted tales and information gathered after the fact.
When in doubt as to the severity of threat, it is always wiser to take time and prepare accordingly, but the duty to protect the realm's people was strong in the young ones, and there is a time limit before missing bodies need be buried instead of rescued. With some luck, you all will find in need of the latter instead of the former.

>Maria grabbed hold of whatever intelligence had been gathered
The image is the rough layout of Ironport; you can be assumed to know where particular buildings you need to access are. Biggest exports are raw iron and high quality timber, biggest imports are grain and charcoal. An-teng takes tribute from Ironport and passes it along to the Realm, mainly to construct warstriders, ships, and supply troops with weapons/armor. While it hasn't been stated outright, ensuring these trade lines aren't jeopardized is just as important to the Realms interests as upholding it's duty to the people, since An-Teng relies almost entirely on the Realm for military protection, boasting no standing army themselves. No trade in or out of Ironport has been disrupted, but the brotherhood before you believed the disappearances within a ~1500 mile diameter located around an empty patch of ocean to be interconnected and given Ironport was well within that range, the town was investigated to see how and why it wasn't targeted yet. It was here that your siblings came to the conclusion that were was some nearby patch of land, shrouded by wards or the Wyld, which they needed to locate and investigate.
Ask any questions regarding pertinent details not yet covered by the debrief you may have and I will detail what, if anything, is known on the subject.

>Unless they're trying to lure in rescuers, or trick us into lowering our guard?
Not quite- two dot stunt on the perception check means you rolled
>7, 2, 7, 2, 3, 10, 2, 10
Which is more than enough successes to tell, even through the fire and the Lintha's already non-standardized package of mutations, that there's others on the ship- some sort of beastmen, who the Lintha seemed to have recently dragged out of the water with nets and harpoons and are now rather roughly hauling below decks. Further out you can see some just under the water, swimming for shore- a bad plan, if the Lintha running on the water above them or their infernal worms that pull the ships from below manage to catch the rest.

>5, 1, 7, 1, 5, 8, 5, 5, 1,
You can detect observers up to twenty yards away with two successes- at your current distance, that's not enough to cover anyone on the ship. It would have been trivial for the two ships to notice each other from further away, but whether or not they noticed Marisa specifically amidst the chaos, or if they're just aware of you approaching in general is unclear.

>10, 9, 6, 3, 6, 1, 10, 2, 2,
That's five successes on your stealth roll though- probably penalized by one or two external successes if you're zooming out on open water without any sort of cover, but as noted, general distraction and smoke/light on the ship may help counteract that.

>Oathbond rating?
Ten. The sorcerer who cast it on you was fairly skilled at their job, and may have had other backing ensuring this casting went well.
>>
No. 1002681 ID: 59f01e

>>1002298
Looking at the boat options in the scroll of kings, (pgs 145-147) the largest yacht available is resources five, and would knock you down a dot until after the story when you submit it to the Realms service. Requires only a small crew, with cargo space for six guests, a servant, and the crew, to live comfortably, or, alternatively, to house light artillery. Decent speed and maneuverability, but if you want a ship that only costs four dots you have a few other options, with various military/mercantile trade offs:

Small Yacht, cargo spaced used for accommodations and comfortable living, smallest crew with low speed/maneuverability, no weapons.
Fast Courier, no space for cargo, small crew and high speed/maneuverability, no weapons.
Merchant Vessel, two decks, can hold two tons of cargo, or 125 soldiers, or some mix of the two, with two artillery emplacements and medium crew + speed.
Assault Bireme, one ton cargo, medium speed, high crew and maneuverability, no weapons.

So, what is Posu looking for? A strictly military vessel, all guns and crew, no cargo or comfort? A Comfortable floating base for however long this mission takes? Speed and maneuverability, ramming prow, room to take home tribute and spoils for the Realm?
>>
No. 1002682 ID: b5b55e

>>1002681
Of those three, the Merchant ship is what I am looking for, lots of room for cargo and up to 22 crew members and 2 artillery weapons.
>>
No. 1002761 ID: aa00cd

>>1001874
There's about a dozen Lintha crew, naked and bound in a brig below decks, who eagerly take the fire pearl and keys; wise choice directs you to one who will have useful intel to spirit away before the chaos really begins. Judging by their appearance, the demon blood is stronger in this one- probably a higher rank on the ship before whatever got them thrown into the brig.
Thats a decent amount of motes spent- how quickly do you actually want to reunite with the rest of your traveling companions, and are you going to change disguises in front of your new companion? Further, will SBO detect you if you have a different resplendent destiny on? I'm not sure which effect trumps the other in this instance?
>>
No. 1002762 ID: aa00cd

>>1002359
All the members of the Sworn Bortherhood felt Agent Lobelia disappear shortly before contact with the pirates. As "her subordinate" how do you cover when questioned by the rest of your traveling companions? Additionally, what destiny are you wearing right now to maintain your cover identity?
>>
No. 1002792 ID: f57349

>>1002762
Avoidance Kata means that, for anyone inside fate, memories of Agent Lobelia's brief presence on the pirate ship will be lost. Exalts could spend 3 wp to resist, but otherwise it just seems like I spotted somebody in the water and went to rescue them, driven by compassion without much thought for my own safety.
>>
No. 1002805 ID: f57349

>>1002761
>how quickly do you actually want to reunite with the rest of your traveling companions,
I don't have any IC control over where I land after invoking Avoidance Kata. That's up to the ST.
>and are you going to change disguises in front of your new companion?
Not planning to don a resplendent destiny until my anima has dissipated enough to avoid paradox. Ideally I'd be somewhere inside a friendly vehicle where nobody's looking at me, and where a monk could have plausibly been meditating all along,
>>
No. 1002824 ID: aa00cd

>>1002089
2m personal committed to Fivefold Resonance Sense
>2, 3, 1, 6, 7, 2, 5, 7, 4, 5,
Keeping the two dot stunt from before, that's two successes- not enough to sniff out anything beyond white jade, of which there is a minuscule amount on the Lintha ship- judging by your positioning, and the way it's moving around, it's being worn by someone on the top deck. Unclear how often you can attempt that check- once per activation of the charm? At will?

>>1002298
>Icy eye
This appears to be a fast raiding ship, rather than one of the slower slave convoys, which makes slaves unlikely- and even as you burst into a blazing fire, the air thick with black smoke, you're able to get a good count based on the crew you've seen so far and the size of the ship. You'd estimate this place to have about fifty crew, but any valuables are at high risk right now since the cargo hold is almost entirely engulfed in flames. Notable is a lead lined box that's stopped your essence sight, and some attuned artifacts on the top deck.

According the the rules compiled in the resistance reference (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oeUMov80D5P3t9J3qJXlksts_mfBzKSNxlLuRcXwTAg/edit#heading=h.y4mhuq4zo0nt), a bonfire does Damage 4L/action, has trauma 5, and no evasion rating. Posu needs to roll a reflexive Stamina+resistance check- with a two dot stunt, that's twelve dice, meaning...
>5, 10, 10, 7, 4, 2, 8, 5, 3, 4, 3, 2,
Six successes, enough to reduce that fire damage from 4L dice to 4B dice. Those dice roll...
>6, 4, 5, 5
No successes, so Posu escapes unharmed for now; for less prepared beings, smoke inhalation might represent a threat, but your first age artifice keeps you breathing clean air.
>>
No. 1002844 ID: 911880

>>1002762
Why would anyone ask the Assistant to the Tax collector why one of their colleagues is blipping in and out of Creation. as for the Destiny i am Wearing, The Lovers which covers those who are in a subservient position, like an assistant to a DB.
>>
No. 1002887 ID: aa8cad

Heh. Ain't much point shooting a boat already burning and and holed in the side, is there? Now, pirates chasing beastkin, there's a fight she's got a stake in.

The Air Aspect's eyes spark and glow as she grins, the only warning before she shifts from observing the naval battle to rocketing forwards at top speed. She holds her Mini-Hakkero ahead, one handed, as a glowing ball of flame begins to condense, drawing in sparks from the conflagration in greater and greater numbers as the flyer closes.

And with a zoom, a crash, a resounding boom and the sizzle of flash-boiled steam, the air support makes her presence known.


Shooting for an unexpected attack (and breaking stealth rather dramatically in the process) to open the fight vs the raiding party of Lintha not aboard their ship. Opening fire from 80 yards out from the runners, with the pirate ship and Posu further past the targets.

Committing 7m peripheral to Great Heart Companion and Glorious Birthright Font. And... I guess I'll declare dice pools and expenditures for the attack or join battle after I find out if the Lintha made their Awareness roll.
>>
No. 1003168 ID: 45cf7b

rolled 8, 8, 3, 4, 4, 10, 10, 2, 3, 5, 3, 10, 10, 1, 6, 9, 10, 7, 5, 10, 9, 1, 3, 10, 4, 8, 1, 3, 7, 4, 3, 4, 2, 5, 2, 10, 7, 5, 9, 4, 3, 7, 3, 4, 5, 5, 8, 5, 7, 7 = 283

>>1002824
Alright, well then a lead lined box is full mostly of possibility, so Posu will lash out, wrapping a tentacle around the lead box with an Ivy tentacle from the suits internal battery, spin it right around like she was preparing for a hammer toss as she aimed for the ground right next to the captain(?) who is currently wearing the artifacts that she is seeing, aiming it so that as she rises from the bowels of the ship she will catch that pirate in a full body bear hug for a presumably surprise grapple powered by a full Excellency from Peripheral motes (Strength/Dex 5+ Martial Arts 5 + Excellency 10) as she breaks her stoic silence. After all, it's show time.

"So, the Dread Pirates of the Lintha decide to invade Realm waters looking for easy prey, but little did you expect to find the Crashing Wave of the Arena, the Dragon of the Ring, the Thousandth Scale herself, Ragara Bolang Posu." She pumped the body of the captain in the air with each word in her name like he was a championship belt.

"And I'm here to put a stop to all of your plundering and thieving and send you and your ship down to Fakharu's Palace in a once in your lifetime Oceanside smackdown."
>>
No. 1003186 ID: 911880

rolled 1, 8, 10, 3, 6, 10, 2, 8, 10, 1, 6, 8, 2, 10, 5, 9, 6, 9, 9, 6, 10, 6, 3, 2, 3, 6, 5, 2, 10, 1 = 177

Well From the looks of it,Posu has things settled and the Lintha are being dealt with. Not like Ribbons could do much in the middle of the ocean. They were more of a Social powerhouse then the Might of their companions. Speaking of Companions, one of them has seem to found their way to the middle of the ocean without a boat. With a Sigh heavy with obligations, Ribbons places down the ledger they were working on and head to the side of the yacht to wave down a nearby Spirit, preferably one that has affinity for the waters. once the attention of the Spirit has been gained, that is when Ribbons strike. with a coy smile and a gentle brush of their hair, she introduces herself in a friendly and calm manner, partaking in Favorable Inflection Procedure(5 Personal motes).

"Greetings, I'm Ribbons. I am sort of helping this Group here and one of my allies seems to be lost at sea Due East from here. Can you do me a Big favor and help them to the Ship. I would be so Grateful if you can do this."

They added weight to those words, allowing the Spirit to take them as they wanted, Ribbons positioning themselves in a way the wind would catch those ribbon strands. perhaps to so wealth if he wanted payment? or perhaps to show off their form if they wanted something more. . . Physical. Either way, it was a Price Ribbons is willing to pay if this interaction was Fateful enough (Activating Fateful for 3 Peripheral).
>>
No. 1003379 ID: f57349

rolled 8, 3, 2, 7, 10, 7, 10, 7, 7, 7, 4, 5, 6, 4, 5, 7, 7, 5, 6, 4, 2, 7, 2, 5, 3, 6, 1, 10, 9, 4, 10, 10, 9, 1, 2, 7, 6, 7, 7, 8, 10, 6, 9, 8, 5, 2, 10, 3, 5, 4, 4, 3, 6, 2, 6, 8, 3, 3, 4, 7 = 345

>>1003186
After I'm safely back aboard, I'll use the air aspect anima power (paid with personal motes) to dry off my robes, and quietly suggest to my fellow sidereal that a descending destiny from the college of the Sorcerer be composed and applied to the pirate ship. Some story about yozi worship, hubris, and failed attempts at escape or self-destruction, which ends up with all their ill-gotten goods delivered mostly intact to a commercial port on the Blessed Isle.
Soon as some astrology like that is in place, and Posu and Maria have the violence wrapped up, I'll be able to use Mending Warped Designs for any repairs needed to prevent the ship in question from sinking. Stone Skipping Spirit and/or Predestined Delivery Shaping may also end up factoring in somehow.

Obscure jargon and slang from some mix of Heptagram-accented High Realm and Yu-Shan dialect Old Realm, along with keeping to a quick whisper amid significant background noise, should hopefully prevent that discussion from being overheard by anyone who doesn't need to know.

If nothing else on deck requires my immediate attention, I'll duck into my cabin and reactivate Agent Aloe, who panicked and turned into a potted plant (sap from which is useful for treating burns) when pirates were first announced as visible on the horizon. Is the battle distant enough for such a research assistant to take over interrogating and/or providing medical care to the person who was in the water along with me? Was that enough scene transitions for my anima to be back down below the 4-mote level, making a resplendent destiny safe to re-don? If so, I'll get back into character, prep my medevac pod for amphibious triage, and follow my Compassion toward the column of smoke. Once more into the breach.
>>
No. 1003441 ID: aa00cd

rolled 9, 2, 7, 10, 9, 3, 1, 5, 6, 2, 10, 1, 5, 1, 6, 6, 2, 6, 1, 4, 10, 4, 7, 3, 9, 4, 7, 7, 10, 5, 5, 3, 4, 7, 6, 5, 6, 9, 7, 3, 7, 7, 7, 3, 10, 3, 10, 5, 9, 3, 7, 10, 4, 10, 6, 5, 9, 3, 3, 5 = 343

>>1003186
>1, 8, 10, 3, 6, 10, 2, 8, 10, 1, 6, 8,
Prayer roll, difficulty 6 because you count a priest, no animal sacrifice or expensive incense or anything like that in the mix, but fateful (performance)excellency reduces the TN from 7 to 4, which gets you from 9 successes to 11, clearing the roll by a significant margin.
At the beck and call of fate's overseers, the least gods of the waves rise, a thousand tiny spirits pulling the boat forward- only to hear an unpleasant crack from the stern of the boat, accompanied by the shouting of the crew. First mate Doloma rushes to Ribbon's side:
"Ma'am, you're assistant to the dragons, yeah? There's some big sea monster wrapped around the ship, and I think it just busted the rudder. What are your orders?"


Before the journey started, chain of command was set up such that Marisa and Posu are considered of equal rank, and in charge of the ship, to be deferred to on all matters, then, in the case that they couldn't be relied on for direction, Ribbons speaks for the monk and threats of violence or operational concerns should be brought to her next, with the usual chain of command (captain, first mate, ect) spreading out from there. Ribbons can see the monsterous purple head of an infernal worm, yozi beasts bound to the service of the Lintha, rearing it's toothy maw at the back of the ship.
>>
No. 1003442 ID: aa00cd

>>1003379
Agent Lobelia feels herself and her new friend suddenly rise much higher in the water as the least gods of the waves buoy you and start creating a channel of waves pulling towards your vessel. You can see an infernal worm rearing it's head, threatening the ship, and the crew preparing arms in response. Before we resolve the post-fight part of your post, is there anything Lobelia does now?
>>
No. 1003631 ID: f57349

rolled 9, 3, 2, 7, 10, 6, 4, 7, 2, 5, 5, 2, 2, 4, 10, 10, 4, 5, 7, 1, 10, 1, 6, 2, 2, 5, 1, 2, 5, 6, 1, 4, 3, 5, 10, 1, 3, 2, 9, 5, 9, 2, 10, 1, 3, 10, 7, 7, 2, 1, 4, 4, 4, 4, 6, 4, 1, 6, 7, 6 = 286

>>1003442
Looks like I can't do a proper banishment with just adept-level warding and exorcism, but I'll try brandishing a prayer strip anyhow. Worth a shot. Bark out a few basic commands in the Lintha dialect of Old Realm, "halt" and "stand down" and "turn back" and so on. If it's bound to obey someone specific, maybe point out that they're already fleeing.

On the other hand, if it's too stupid to recognize individuals, much less follow politics, Compassion says I'm ethically opposed to hurting it so long as reasonable alternatives are available.
>>
No. 1003632 ID: 911880

rolled 7, 2, 1, 1, 3, 7, 2, 6, 6, 4, 10, 10, 10, 8, 6, 3, 5, 3, 10, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 8, 2, 6, 8, 5, 9 = 169

Great. with all the dragons gone dealing with the Pirates and getting lost at sea, the ship was left in the hands of the assistant who could not walk on water. But an assistant that does not take notes and documents that could be relevant to a given job, would be quickly fired. it is as simple as a thought as Ribbons reaches into their Elsewhere pockets and pulling out a dossier on sea Demons. They had a suspicion what this creature was,But double checking never hurt. Measure Twice and Cut once and all. While they were confirming this Hunch, Ribbons took charge and was telling the crew to brace the ship and repair what they can and sending a team to the storage to gather up as much Caustic Potash they can. a common alkaline cleaner and sterilizer usually used for wine, and seeing as this is a yacht, having wine would not be out of the question. the reason for this is, if this creature is a demonic sea creature, it might have come from the acidic seas of Kimbery, and if you mix a base with an acid. . . they tend to cancel each other out, similar to salting a slug. hopefully creating a hostile environment for this Demon will cause it to flee to safer waters, or at least by time for a more openly combat ally to make it back aboard.
>>
No. 1004209 ID: 59f01e

rolled 5, 10, 5, 1, 3, 7, 1, 7, 8, 3, 2, 6, 3, 4, 1, 10, 9, 6, 2, 9, 1, 1, 9, 4, 4, 9, 4, 9, 6, 1, 5, 7, 8, 9, 2, 3, 8, 5, 9, 6, 8, 10, 3, 10, 9, 5, 2, 8, 7, 8, 10, 10, 7, 8, 9, 1, 10, 2, 3, 1 = 343

>>1003631
Charisma four, presence 0, stunt 2 (if you're going to use that to refill a pool, please post a recap that reflect your current levels in various pools) means you rolled...
>9, 3, 2, 7, 10, 6,
Four successes just falls short of an MDV of 5. Trying to get your rescued companion involved? Keeping your distance or working to close faster?

>>1003632
Let's treat this as a craft water roll to create a harmful substance in the water and drive the creature away- Intelligence two, Craft (Water) 0, stunt 2, means
>7, 2, 1, 1,
One success- the water is being churned by the emergence of the infernal worm, and the conditions to create a potent irritant to drive the creature away are far from ideal, what with only ship supplies, untrained hands, and no tools for measurement or mixing, much less a way to keep it from simply diluting away. Probably not more threatening than extreme heat or cold. At this point, we need to roll to join battle as the crew and ship come under fire from the beast's massive coils and slavering teeth.
>>
No. 1007274 ID: 59f01e

>>1004209

Shortly after encountering the Lintha, beastmen, and Infernal Worms, the Dragon-Blooded reduce creation's enemies to freezer-burned chum. Posu recovers a sealed urn lined with blue jade, a ring inlaid with a jade compass, and a sealed lead box. There's a heavily damaged sinking ship, and your vessel is being bailed out and repaired as well as can be. There are still fleeing beastmen unaccounted for- who's doing what, and how long do you wait?
>>
No. 1007611 ID: afdebc

rolled 7, 10, 8, 6, 4, 6, 1, 4, 1, 5, 7, 7, 3, 10, 5, 9, 3, 4, 9, 10, 8, 5, 7, 3, 10, 4, 6, 6, 5, 9 = 182

After blowing apart the piratical raiding party and team of archers with the Dragon's Claw, dropping a grenade on her childhood friend (it's fiiiine, the other guys got the worst of it) and, attention drawn by an unexpected yellow light, brought down similar-but-differently-aspected overwhelming firepower upon the infernal worm with the audacity to attack their transport, Marisa returns to the seemingly empty pirate vessel, while Posu chases after the survivors, allowing her loyal elemental bolts to fade from their orbits.

Hovering near the stairs, the air aspect calls out "Hey, anyone else down there?"

If there's no response, her intention is to lob her Black Essence Pulse Grenade below decks, in order to put out the flames not extinguished by the first detonation. (Pillage, then burn).

Dice for dice's sake. Perception 3 + Awareness 3 might be relevant. Assuming a new scene has started, Marisa's budget now looks like:

7/17 personal, 23/43 peripheral (11 committed), 0/15 overdrive, 10/10 wp

If nothing interrupts her or causes her to hesitate before lobbing the grenade, she plans to spend 1m on Loyal Weapon when she does.
>>
No. 1007612 ID: 59f01e

rolled 2, 4, 8, 10, 6, 9, 7, 8, 1, 4, 6, 4, 8, 3, 8, 2, 1, 5, 1, 3, 6, 2, 10, 8, 7, 10, 4, 6, 7, 6, 9, 5, 3, 6, 8, 7, 8, 3, 5, 6, 6, 7, 5, 2, 2, 8, 3, 2, 7, 9, 3, 10, 5, 8, 1, 10, 4, 4, 5, 2 = 329

>>1007611
Can confirm, new scene. When Marisa shouts into the smokey hold of the ship, sizzling cracks and pops are all she gets back.

>Pillage, then burn
>7, 10, 8, 6, 4, 6, 1, 4,
Two dot stunt! Marisa puts the worst of the flames out with little danger and is able to slowly explore the hold of the ship. Two sets of grisly remains sit in the water slowly pooling into the hold, which is now nearly a foot deep at the worst parts. Although that's of little concern for a witch on a broom, it's certainly not good for the cargo, or whatever remains of it might be salvageable. Looks like it was mostly organic- food stock, maybe textiles? Pretty much all ruined, and even if it wasn't, a couple tons of common trade goods wouldn't be her scene anyways- she's not some two-bit sea-pirate!

So, doing anything to search the scene more thoroughly?
>>
No. 1007617 ID: caecd2

rolled 7, 4, 8, 7, 5, 8, 2, 7, 9, 6, 9, 1, 8, 9, 3, 7, 9, 3, 2, 6, 8, 10, 1, 8, 6, 3, 2, 10, 3, 10, 1, 10, 5, 9, 9, 10, 2, 10, 4, 1, 9, 8, 1, 5, 3, 2, 4, 4, 4, 7 = 289

>>1007274
Alright, well new scene down from 12-15 to 8+ level and I will swim laps for a bit, diving underwater to see what interesting things can be found there first in order to bleed some of the Flux and safely get back on board to work on opening the Lead Box and (what I OOC am assuming is) the winter breath jar.
>>
No. 1007655 ID: 911880

rolled 4, 10, 10, 5, 3, 1, 9, 4, 3, 4, 6, 3, 4, 9, 1, 8, 8, 7, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 9, 3, 4, 2, 5, 1, 8 = 153

Well that was an Explosive End to a fight, but with the Dragons returning to the 'nest', now is time for Ribbons to return, but first this Mouse has to blend back into the crowd from prying eyes. With the deck covered in Sea Monster Slime, a nameless crew mate with a mop would not be that out of the ordinary as Ribbons grabs a Mop and began to swab the deck, backing into the crowd of other loyal crew getting the ship ready for the Dragon's return. a simple passing the mop off to another and and becoming another face in the masses for a moment before the Clothes shift back to the Familiar and clean clothes of Ribbons as the Resplendent Destiny is Donned back on, Parchment and quill in hand to begin assessing the damage for Posu to review and perhaps qualify for an insurance payout.

(Activating Lion Mouse Stratagem for 3 Peripheral motes)
>>
No. 1007802 ID: afdebc

rolled 3, 10, 6, 1, 5, 8, 10, 6, 5, 5, 4, 7, 5, 10, 9, 5, 9, 4, 5, 5, 6, 4, 5, 4, 9, 4, 10, 3, 6, 7, 1, 7, 8, 7, 4, 7, 8, 6, 9, 5, 5, 4, 4, 8, 7, 5, 4, 2, 5, 4 = 290

>>1007612
Mmmmm, rations burned then frostbitten aren't much of a prize, but capturing the ship itself is worth something, even if ya can't fence it at a magic shop.

>So, doing anything to search the scene more thoroughly?
Let's check for magical valuables! Marisa will dismount in the hold, slip her broom over her shoulder, and check the premises for pirate treasure. No Xs marking the spot, well, except on that bottle of rotgut, but that's both below her standards and burned away.

First up, she'll commit 2m personal to Fivefold Resonance Sense, and roll (Perception 3 + Occult 5) and spend 1wp on an auto-success. (She needs 2 success to detect non-blue Jade, and 3 to detect other magical materials). If anything made of the magical materials pings her senses, she'll focus on that first.

For a visual look around, (Perception 3 + Awareness 3) and spending 3m on an auto-success with the second Excellency. Marisa will also pull her Illusion-Shattering Mirror from her saddlebag, on the off chance the Lintha have a hiding spot concealed by magic. (Unlikely, but if they do, that's certainly where the good stuff will be~).

Finally, (Perception 3 + Larceny 4), 3m on an autosuccess with the second excellency, to try and find where pirates would hide the best stuff, based on her understanding of the habits of the criminal underworld.

If she does find anything locked up or hidden, that's what Naked Thief Style is for. (A crowbar or lockpick seems a better idea than a master spark if she doesn't want to sink the place).
>>
No. 1007805 ID: 76878d

rolled 8, 5, 7, 2, 6, 9, 7, 1, 9, 3, 1, 7, 7, 4, 8, 8, 8, 1, 4, 5, 9, 3, 5, 10, 10, 10, 2, 2, 4, 7, 6, 1, 1, 9, 3, 8, 6, 6, 7, 2, 4, 1, 1, 7, 9, 5, 2, 6, 5, 8, 7, 4, 8, 6, 8, 9, 2, 4, 7, 8 = 332

>>1007617
While the crew clean up the mess on deck, you retreat to your cabin to crack open the pirates ill-gotten gains, instructing the god-blooded to ensure she tallys the finds correctly and takes detailed notes on their ship, numbers, and equipment; obviously Ragara Bolang Posu needs no such scribing for her own sake, but protocol won't be disrupted by a little scuffle and there's formalities to observe in case anyone wished to go through the proper channels and audit her back.

Inside the winters breath jar you find a heavy bottle made of what appears to be gold crafted such that, despite it being nearly an inch thick on all sides, is also somehow still transparent, like an amber glass. The stopper is a stylized peach, with the rest of the bottle shaped and textured to look like a branch; the small hollow cavity inside all of the decorative filigree is filled with liquid, likely a controlled substance smuggled past the gates of Yu-Shan at some point.

Given Int 4, Occult 0 though...
Int 4, Occult 0,
>7, 4, 8, 7,
You're not sure exactly what it is, other than potent, magic, and almost assuredly contraband not fit for mortal hands. The lead lined box provides less worrisome contents- some iron chains, of seemingly arcane significance, although what for is not immediately apparent. Anti-fey measures perhaps?

So, what next for Posu? Waiting until your ship is moving again, and staying on course for your destination? Tracking down other participants in the fight? Scouting ahead for other messes the local satraps haven't managed to keep cleaned up?
>>
No. 1007999 ID: b43200

rolled 1, 1, 3, 9, 7, 5, 9, 5, 7, 3, 5, 7, 6, 1, 1, 9, 1, 5, 3, 2, 8, 8, 2, 8, 10, 6, 8, 8, 3, 9, 2, 3, 8, 6, 2, 10, 4, 1, 7, 5, 7, 4, 3, 2, 10, 10, 6, 6, 3, 9, 5, 9, 4, 2, 6, 6, 9, 7, 4, 10 = 330

>>1007802
>Fivefold Resonance Sense
>3, 10, 6, 1, 5, 8, 10, 6, 5, 5,
With the two dot stunt and WP expenditure that's six successes- nothing on the ship made of traditional magical materials.

>try and find where pirates would hide the best stuff
>Naked Thief Style
>4, 7, 5, 10, 9, 5, 9, 4, 5,
Relatively easy to search the ship, although your shoes get a bit messy given the various amounts of detritus and viscera around; in what you presume to be the captains room, you find and break into a locked desk with little issue. Inside, among paperwork and guff, a fingerless glove is stored, with an unusually large yasal crystal inlaid into the back.

"Ah, finally, a new prospective client! I can offer a few different packages in return for my safe release, as well as long term arrangements outside that fact should you be interested in return business! My preferred agreement would be for immediate release in exchange for surrogacy or a longer-term companionship program, but I'm also willing to offer tutelage or a loan of certain powers in a rent-to-release arrangement. Firstly though, before we come to any more concrete negotiations, I'd like to ask your alignment to the Lintha, the method by which you have gained or are considering gaining possession of my temporary.... let's call it a sanctum to be polite, and your goals or intentions here. Goat is the name, by the way."

Social attack, charisma 3, presence 4, and, in case there's some wacky precedent for how appearance could still be relevant, app 5. I'm sort of assuming there won't be modifiers to MDV for appearance either way though given the yasal crystal.

Only intimacy that I think could potentially be relevant is Theft of magic items; if you're making a contract with them, probably doesn't count as theft, which might improve your MDV. Up to you if you think that's how Marisa would feel/think about things when approached by a talking magic item. Don't think virtues come into this either.
>>
No. 1008140 ID: 911880

rolled 7, 4, 3, 5, 4, 8, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 8, 5, 4, 6, 3, 2, 9, 8, 6, 4, 1, 3, 3, 3, 4, 3, 10, 3, 7 = 159

>>1007805
.The stopper is a stylized peach, with the rest of the bottle shaped and textured to look like a branch;
.some iron chains, of seemingly arcane significance

Now that Bottle, that looks familiar and Posu seems to not recognize it, asking to write it down by its description. Of course, an assistance job is to cross reference this information, good thing Ribbons has reference sheets of magical items that would make fore interesting Mcguffin or toys for the more raunchy scene of her Written projects. Magical chains and items of binding, tools of manifestation and healing, artifacts capable of 'bending' fate, essentially if it could be used for 'fun' or to strengthen the bond and love of the protagonists of her stories, she had it somewhere in her stack of notes pulled from Elsewhere Pockets. (occult 2, Int 2, Savant 2)
>>
No. 1008174 ID: afdebc

rolled 7, 2, 10, 6, 3, 2, 9, 1, 9, 1, 9, 8, 2, 1, 8, 9, 4, 6, 6, 8 = 111

>>1007999
>Firstly though, before we come to any more concrete negotiations, I'd like to ask your alignment to the Lintha, the method by which you have gained or are considering gaining possession of my temporary.... let's call it a sanctum to be polite, and your goals or intentions here.
Compulsion-keyword natural mental influence to provide specific information? 3 successes on 7 dice, 4 if Goat got stunt 2. Going to answer, whether or not is beats MDV.

"Mmmmmm... bane. Yeah, that's good, my alignment to the lintha is their bane, seeing as how I just blew a bunch of them up. Which'd be how I repossessed your crystal house too!

"Nellens Marisa, ordinary magician, at yer service, here to claim duly won pirate booty."

Time to make a good impression! Marisa's going to commit 2m personal (and pay a 1m surcharge) to Auspicious First Meeting Attitude and activate her Stone of Recognition, rolling her (Essence 4 + Willpower 10) against the spirit's.

If Goat wants to roll to see if he believes that ridiculous (if mostly accurate) introduction, Marisa's pool to resist read motive is (Manipulation 2 + Socialize 2 + exclusively against Goat +3) /2 = 4. (5, if she gets another +2 from the Stone of Recognition).
>>
No. 1008223 ID: 59f01e

rolled 2, 5, 1, 5, 7, 1, 5, 5, 7, 3, 7, 6, 10, 10, 8, 7, 4, 2, 7, 9, 9, 1, 10, 10, 7, 6, 9, 3, 7, 4, 1, 8, 10, 4, 10, 2, 5, 2, 10, 10, 6, 6, 3, 6, 9, 3, 4, 1, 8, 8, 2, 5, 6, 6, 2, 5, 6, 3, 2, 6 = 336

>>1007655
Costs 1wp to don your carried destiny, otherwise though you're able to blend in and maintain your cover.
>>1008140
>7, 4, 3, 5, 4, 8, 4,
Wits five, craft water 0, stunt two.
Ribbons gives the items a once over; that bottle definitely came from Yu-Shan through illegal means, but before she gets a chance to actually examine them in detail and cross reference her notes, a deferential knock outside Posu's quarters distracts her.

"Sorry Ma'am" the sailor says, eyes directed at the ground to avoid looking at the Dragon-Blooded or her assistant,
"Monk says you're needed under the water a'first thing, on account of how we want to get moving towards the port to check for trouble from the pirates." they stumble, hastily tacking on an unsure honorific, just in case.
"Er, Your Grace, respectfully that is."

In the intervening moments, Ribbons is left alone for the barest moment before "Agent Lobelia" appears, looking to speak privately.

>>1003379
>quietly suggest to my fellow sidereal that a descending destiny from the college of the Sorcerer be composed and applied to the pirate ship. Some story about yozi worship, hubris, and failed attempts at escape or self-destruction, which ends up with all their ill-gotten goods delivered mostly intact to a commercial port on the Blessed Isle.

In addition, there's a Lintha on board, defected during the battle, and there's the beastmen who fled who might know more about what to expect in the surrounding area. So, what's Ribbons pursuing? Pursing the trail of celestial contraband? Personal research for your writing? Destiny crafting, or information gathering? Something else entirely? Your ship is about two days away from your destined port if the repairs don't delay you further.
>>
No. 1008226 ID: 59f01e

rolled 3, 7, 5, 1, 7, 7, 1, 2, 9, 4, 6, 3, 9, 9, 6, 4, 9, 8, 3, 2, 9, 7, 2, 6, 2, 1, 2, 5, 10, 4, 3, 2, 5, 6, 5, 7, 5, 2, 3, 1, 7, 2, 7, 4, 1, 3, 8, 5, 8, 7, 5, 7, 2, 5, 1, 2, 9, 9, 5, 5 = 294

>>1008174
>Stone of Recognition
That's five successes for Goat compared to at least seven for Marisa, meaning the spirit in the crystal believes they recognize you and think well.
>8, 9, 4, 6, 6, 8, 4
That's enough to read motivation on Goat! (Didn't roll enough dice so I had to snag one from another one of your posts) Your alignment against the Lintha puts them at ease somewhat, but the mention of a great house causes a spike of fear.

"Ah, House Nellens! As I understand it, sorcery is applauded there, yes? You know, I may actually have been summoned by an acquaintance of yours at one point, as I believe I remember hearing you name over some commotion at the Hetpagram before. Something about you excitedly crashing through a dorm window after curfew, perhaps.

Regardless, I am at your service, and your mercy; if you find yourself aligned against the Lintha, I would be happy to offer whatever assistance I can, 'on the house' so to speak. I don't know much- the captain of this particular vessel wanted to use my experience for violence, which was not an acceptable condition for my release, so our lines of communication broke down rather quickly. I honestly expected to find myself for sale at some seedy port or pirate flotilla, rather than in the hands of a noble dragon such as yourself. Still, I know they intended to meet with the forces of the dead at some point, assumedly for some unholy union, as they tried to scare me into submission, suggestion I was better off serving their kind than used as a bribe for the forces of undeath. Your hands are far preferable; what services can I offer you in your fight against the pirates, or your own personal treasure hunting and escapades?"
>>
No. 1008230 ID: 663e49

rolled 1, 1, 2, 7, 10, 6, 4, 1, 9, 3, 2, 8, 1, 10, 5, 8, 9, 3, 8, 10, 8, 3, 10, 3, 4, 5, 10, 3, 7, 8, 3, 6, 6, 10, 1, 3, 10, 6, 10, 1, 6, 6, 1, 6, 10, 5, 9, 8, 9, 5 = 290

>>1008223
Well, Posu doesn't exactly know what this is all about being needed underwater, but she does know that whatever she's gotten her hands on is both insanely valuable, and would be dangerous to carry around.

So, as soon as she starts to head out, she's going to drink 2 of the 4 ounces of liquid in the decanter, savoring it as best as possible to get a taste for what it is. Sealing the remaining half in the Winterbreath Jar, intent on saving it for Marisa, the only other Exalt who isn't bound by dietary restrictions here, assuming it isn't deadly poison.

And with the jar on her hip for safe keeping, she will dive down into the water to start taking an assessment of the damages, and running figures in her head for how much the cost of raw timbers would be, and an estimated cost of labor for actual repairs.

And then she started seeing if it was in the budget to upgrade some of the ship's internal architecture with the native Ironwood at the port they were intending to head towards.
>>
No. 1008362 ID: 59f01e

rolled 4, 10, 4, 9, 6, 5, 2, 1, 5, 6, 4, 9, 7, 6, 10, 9, 1, 8, 8, 4, 6, 4, 8, 1, 1, 7, 4, 9, 6, 3, 4, 7, 4, 9, 8, 4, 1, 8, 9, 3, 6, 3, 10, 1, 6, 8, 9, 9, 1, 6, 6, 4, 5, 1, 9, 8, 6, 6, 6, 8 = 342

>>1008230
>assuming it isn't deadly poison

Posu isn't that far off in her hunch; sypax has a damage of 8b(plus wp drain tied to damage), toxicity of 4L, tolerance of 0, penalty of -2.
>1, 1, 2, 7, 10, 6, 4, 1, 9, 3, 2, 8,
That's 5 successes, against a toxicity of 4L, which is enough to reduce the levels from automatic to rolled, but not to prevent damage entirely.
>3, 7, 5, 1, 7, 7, 1, 2,
That's three levels of bashing damage and -3 temporary wp. So, any chance to get it out of your system in ten minutes, before the next interval of damage and wp drain kicks in?
>>
No. 1008364 ID: afdebc

>>1008362
As a bookkeeping correction, you only roll one dice of poison every interval. So:

>3
Posu takes 0B, and does not lose any wp. She'll have to check against poison again in 10 minutes, and again every ten minutes until she's exhausted all 8 dice in the dose of poison.
>>
No. 1008424 ID: 40b048

rolled 6, 10, 3, 4, 4, 7, 8, 1, 5, 6, 10, 10, 6, 10, 6, 3, 10, 5, 9, 8, 10, 3, 6, 6, 2, 6, 10, 10, 10, 2, 6, 6, 3, 3, 8, 2, 6, 8, 2, 1, 5, 5, 6, 3, 6, 7, 10, 10, 7, 1 = 301

>>1008362
Well, it's almost entirely mind over matter, and Posu has work to do calculating estimates. Plus, for as much of an unspoken agreement with House Cynis where they wouldn't invite her to parties and she wouldn't bring the mood of the parties down, she wasn't a total prude in private, so it wasn't like she was some teenager drinking her first 'strong enough to kill a mortal' intoxicant all over again. So, where a lesser person might have collapsed on all 4s in pleasure, Posu didn't have so much as an outward reaction as she jumped back into the water and starts doing her estimates for cost to both upgrade the ship and to do normal repairs.

(Int + Bureaucracy -1 for Distractedness from the poison)

(Stamina + Integrity vs poison)
>>
No. 1008436 ID: afdebc

rolled 3, 9, 4, 5, 6, 9, 8, 9, 8, 5, 5, 9, 6, 9, 1, 6, 10, 8, 2, 2, 9, 8, 3, 4, 1, 6, 8, 6, 7, 2, 9, 8, 5, 4, 9, 10, 2, 8, 3, 9 = 245

>>1008226
Marisa idly pulls on the glove for a test fit, and holds out her arm and rolls her wrist, playing with the rather odd balance of having a large rock on the back of her hand.

>if you find yourself aligned against the Lintha, I would be happy to offer whatever assistance I can, 'on the house' so to speak
"Ain't here for the Lintha in particular, but hey, it's not like pirate hunting ever goes out of season. If yer no fan of ghosts and goulies, that's who we're gunning for. Can you play nice with others?"

Social attack I think, trying to propose a different primary target, and looking to strike a bargain for Goat's cooperation with the Sworn Brotherhood rather than Marisa alone.

>wanted to use my experience for violence, which was not an acceptable condition
"Might have violence covered, if that's not your thing. What can you do, then?"

Social attack, looking for Goat to disclose species and capabilities.

In both cases, Charisma 4 + Presence 3 + Exclusively vs Goat 3 + Stone of Recognition 2 + First Presence Excellency 2 = 14 dice before stunt. (Spending all 4m personal from my last stunt award on two excellency activations).
>>
No. 1009069 ID: 59f01e

rolled 5, 2, 1, 6, 5, 2, 8, 10, 8, 5, 5, 5, 2, 7, 2, 1, 10, 7, 6, 2, 6, 4, 7, 9, 9, 8, 5, 6, 1, 7, 1, 8, 1, 7, 9, 2, 2, 5, 5, 6, 5, 7, 6, 5, 4, 6, 4, 4, 3, 7, 3, 1, 10, 10, 10, 4, 2, 7, 6, 1 = 312

>>1008424
>6, 10, 3, 4, 4, 7, 8, 1, 5, 6, 10, 10,
With a two dot stunt that's exactly the successes needed to downgrade the damage from automatic to rolled and then from bashing to nothing, meaning you avoid your next dose.
>6, 10, 6, 3, 10, 5, 9, 8, 10, 3
And the next
>6, 6, 2, 6, 10, 10, 10, 2, 6, 6,
Here she reduces it to rolled which
>7
Deals one bashing damage and drains 1wp
>3, 3, 8, 2, 6, 8, 2, 1, 5, 5, 6,
And a second as an automatic level, draining a second wp.
>6, 3, 6, 7, 10, 10, 7, 1 4, 10,
Not enough dice so I'm stealing from my roll, that saves automatically again
>4, 9, 6, 5, 2, 1, 5, 6, 4, 9,
That's a third level of automatic damage and -1wp
>7, 6, 10, 9, 1, 8, 8, 4, 6, 4,
Okay, rolling damage
>5
No damage
>8, 1, 1, 7, 4, 9, 6, 3, 4, 7,
Reduces it to rolled...
>1
No damage
>4, 9, 8, 4, 1, 8, 9, 3, 6, 3,
Rolled
>7
So, overall Posu takes four levels of bashing damage, and -4 temporary will power. Probably important to mark that down and keep track of when you're sleeping, stunt rewards, etc.

>Repair estimate
>10, 1, 6, 8, 9, 9, 1, 6, 6, 4, 5,
So, Posu isn't a crafts woman herself. She doesn't know how much lumber and metal a job like this takes, but she does know they brought extra repair wood because they don't have supplies to restock them in ironport- as a mining town, they don't grow their own food, and the ironwood is no good for boat building, too dense for the water so you shouldn't use it in general repairs or it'll throw the boat off; she didn't really pay attention to the nautical and shipwright technicalities, but she knows enough to know you want your boat to float on water, so if you make it out of wood that doesn't, you'll have to compromise on cargo weight. If you intent to return this ship to the house for more general service to the realm at large, ironwood repairs are basically going to cost quadruple a normal repair job down the line, so it's better if you can avoid your ride being damaged. If your mission goes over quickly though, you'll have food supplies to offload and could use that to try and combat costs.
>>
No. 1009071 ID: 59f01e

rolled 9, 8, 4, 7, 7, 4, 7, 10, 2, 1, 3, 1, 5, 10, 9, 9, 2, 1, 2, 9, 8, 6, 9, 7, 9, 8, 9, 4, 4, 6, 5, 9, 9, 1, 8, 1, 8, 8, 8, 3, 7, 7, 6, 2, 9, 10, 6, 5, 8, 8, 2, 1, 1, 10, 9, 5, 7, 3, 9, 4 = 359

>>1008436
>When she tries on the glove, she, perhaps oddly, feels like her balance is more centered, stronger- grasping her broom feels right, like she could stand in the eye of a hurricane and remain unbudged.

> Strike a bargain for cooperation with the brotherhood
"I can certainly offer whatever services I promise you to your companions as well! If you are authorized to bargain on their behalf, I willing to make a blank agreement to terms with you and then apply that to whichever individuals you authorize. I am more concerned with the creation of life, rather than it's unnatural continuation, but as a flesh weaver I may have some skill or knowledge useful against corporeal undead, and if released I would be willing to act as a sentry or guard against the non-corporeal kind as well. I am a trained martial artist, and willing to defend myself, but the mystic arts I have studied are sacred and I am unwilling turn any art of the Jade Mountain against another in conflict. If forced to defend myself I could likely reliably stand naked and still best three mortal men, armed and clothed, but my real talents life in the use of balance, force, and illusions for the sake of comfort and sensual pleasures, as well as customary Neomah flesh crafting services, should you be interested in my charter."

Goat isn't defending against social attacks, seems eager to cooperate, potentially out of fear that you'd turn your nose up at working with a demon, and a sense of desperation at being trapped helplessly. Has roughly the capabilities of a standard Neomah who has also mastered Jade Mountain Style.

"I personally imagine I'd be more use to you if allowed to join you physically, but you may also find some use directly channeling my services yourselves? A months duty, freely channeling any of my powers so long as Jade Mountain Style charms are only used for the pleasure of controlling ones balance and redirecting the forces of immense objects for spiritual or physical gratification and never for violence or anger? A year of service as an itinerant and flesh-weaver for your house, outside the crystal?"
>>
No. 1009121 ID: afdebc

>I personally imagine I'd be more use to you if allowed to join you physically
"I don't think Loby would be too keen on that, being a monk and all. Maybe if we're in a jam?"

>A months duty, freely channeling any of my powers so long as Jade Mountain Style charms are only used for the pleasure of controlling ones balance and redirecting the forces of immense objects for spiritual or physical gratification and never for violence or anger?
"Deal!"

To lay out terms in more detail without having to parse it through in-character dialog:
-1 month (28 days) of being able to user Goat's charms via the yasal crystal, subject to the restrictions outlined about, followed by release.
-option to swap to more direct assistance instead of charmshare, if released before the month is up.
-other members of the brotherhood can use the crystal (well, after Marisa tells them about it, at least).

Looting complete, Marisa's going to fly back to the sworn brotherhood's ship to check in with the others and report the successful capture of one slightly burnt pirate ship, with only one little Posu-sized hole in the side! She's going to pocket and not mention the yasal crystal... just yet.
>>
No. 1009285 ID: 911880

rolled 8, 7, 5, 8, 8, 6, 4, 8, 3, 2, 6, 5, 3, 3, 9, 3, 3, 3, 6, 7 = 107

Weaving a Destiny should not be that hard. writing up a Sea Chantey to the spiders, Getting Lobelia to sign off on it and a little performance before giving their request to the Spider heading the call. a Destiny of the Blissful Idiot, helping to get this ship ashore in one piece.this Fate only needs to be in effect for a month. once the details are all smoothed out and sent on its way, the final part now is to go to the ship in question.

With Destiny in 'hand' Ribbons began to head out to the above Deck to get a read on what is going on, checking up on repairs and progress, seeing who is free to escort them to the Ship, under the guise of doing internal damage report, helping Posu get a complete list of damages.
>>
No. 1009307 ID: 14befa

rolled 5, 6, 8, 9, 9, 8, 9, 9, 5, 7, 9, 5, 2, 9, 6, 5, 10, 9, 2, 7, 7, 9, 7, 7, 10, 8, 1, 2, 7, 8, 2, 10, 7, 7, 2, 1, 9, 9, 4, 10, 2, 10, 6, 7, 5, 7, 8, 8, 9, 4 = 332

>>1009069
> She doesn't know how much lumber and metal a job like this takes

Maybe, but she knows how much lumber and metal a boat repair company purchases seasonally and how that gets roughly allocated from an accounting perspective to estimate it out,

But, frustrated at how pointless this diversion was she went back onto the ship, around the time that Marissa came back.

"Well, our gracious hosts had some interesting things on their leaders person. A deadly wine in something from Heaven, some likely magical chains, and a compass that I haven't tested the the efficacy of."

She let out a sigh as she stretched, the Winterbreath Jar on her hip.

"Did you find anything interesting in your check? And are you fine with the normal 60/40 split?"
>>
No. 1009329 ID: afdebc

rolled 6, 6, 8, 3, 1, 4, 10, 8, 7, 1, 1, 5, 7, 10, 4, 4, 1, 7, 9, 10, 4, 3, 8, 10, 4, 1, 1, 8, 1, 8 = 160

>>1009307
>"Did you find anything interesting in your check? And are you fine with the normal 60/40 split?"
"Weeeell, if you're paying taxes out of your cut... ain't you forgetting someone though? Loby might be an impoverished monk, but a cut of loot on our scale could set Ribbons up for life. Only seems fair, for a mortal doing something as risky as 'nathema hunting.

"Might not be much to pawn, though. Cargo seemed like food and cloth, both in bad shape after the fire, cold, and water. We did capture ourselves a prize ship, worth a pretty penny if we can get it ta shore, but it's got a you-shaped hole in the side. Got a buyer there?"

>A deadly wine in something from Heaven, some likely magical chains, and a compass that I haven't tested the the efficacy of.
"Poisoned pirate booze?! Master sparking em was too kind. I found a doodad, I'll show it off later, but it sounds like they took the good stuff with 'em. Here, let me see what I can make of those..."

Making academic knowledge checks, (Intelligence 2 + Occult 5) to try and identify the chains and the compass. No relevant excellencies or Charms.
>>
No. 1009340 ID: 14befa

rolled 5, 9, 5, 9, 4, 4, 10, 8, 4, 7, 9, 8, 3, 10, 7, 9, 10, 3, 8, 10, 7, 5, 9, 1, 6, 3, 1, 9, 2, 8, 9, 5, 6, 8, 9, 4, 7, 9, 8, 3, 5, 8, 5, 10, 9, 3, 5, 1, 5, 5 = 317

>>1009329
"If you want to give up part of your share for her that's absolutely fine." Posu would double check to make sure that the area of the deck they were on was clear with most of the commotion being bellow deck.

"But I have plenty of reason to suspect she's either a terrible spy or an insane spy who wants me to believe she's a terrible one, or I'm better at picking up the intentions of spies than I expected. After all, don't you think that it's incredibly strange that almost out of the blue I get assigned a new assistant from outside of my normal chain of command, then this whole incident happens and this new assistant is allowed to come along? My working theory right now is that she's been hired by someone who is desperately searching for dirt on me and is planning on submitting falsified records to try and retroactively torpedo my reputation to try and silence me. But, my personal observations haven't caught any overt subterfuge. I bring this up now because I both, one don't want to give someone who I am reasonably certain is conspiring against me personally funds from my own cut and I know you would want to dig for gossip or come up with something absurd if I didn't give you a reason, and this is as good an opportunity to ask you to keep your own scrutiny on her in exchange for making it a 50/50 split."

Making some kind of social attack against Marisa to try and compel her to look for incriminating evidence as she starts to her back to he cabin to work with the Air aspect to identify the chains and compass.

Sitting at a -1 wound penalty for both dice pools.
>>
No. 1009606 ID: 59f01e

rolled 9, 10, 6, 3, 8, 5, 9, 5, 2, 7, 2, 5, 4, 3, 10, 6, 3, 3, 3, 9, 8, 10, 1, 1, 10, 2, 10, 8, 6, 2, 2, 4, 7, 8, 10, 7, 1, 4, 4, 2, 2, 8, 5, 9, 4, 9, 7, 10, 1, 2, 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 8, 1, 1, 3, 1 = 316

>>1009329
>6, 6, 8, 3, 1, 4, 10, 8, 7,
Compass is a Resplendent Personal Assistant, chains aren't magical, but [/i]could[i] be used as an exotic ingredient for magical restraints of some kind. Probably useful against fae creatures or for more carnal stuff depending on what suits your fancy. Probably a reason they're being stored in a lead lined box- might be that significant exposure to various common essences would spoil their usefulness.

>>1009340
Not terribly confident, but I'd call that attack Charisma+Presence, so that's six dice before stunts and penalties, meaning...
>5, 9, 5, 9, 4, 4, 10
Four successes against Marisa who has a dodge MDV of 7and a Parry MDV of four. No luck, duck stays stuck.

>>1009285
So, after setting up the destiny, Agent Lobelia goes off to ensure repairs are properly seen to, leaving Ribbons alone with Agent Aloe and the defector. Having had a short while to decompress and collect their bearings, the monks compatriot beings plying the lintha (name of Kerioth), who has identified themself as mentally aware and responsive to questioning.
>8, 7, 5, 8, 8, 6, 4
Dodge MDV of 5 beats four successes.
"Look, I appreciates the respect and help- I don't know much about no Dragon Blooded or Ironport though. Been locked up naked in the brig of a pirate ship for the past two months, so I ain't got much in the way to show for it in terms of local intel. Clearly I gots two options- sidle up with yous blokes, hope that it takes a while before the family comes and kills me, or be stubborn now and let your scary friends turn me into a charred bloody mist. Obviously that should make it clear I know what my best move here is- I wanna make myself valuable to yous guys, right? Only, I don't knows nothing about what you're after. Help me help you and maybe I can convince ya I'm worth the trouble."

Does Ribbon want to step in, help question the Lintha? Get help from someone else? Leave the Kerioth to Agent A. and pursue other goals elsewhere?
>>
No. 1009613 ID: afdebc

rolled 4, 9, 8, 7, 1, 5, 9, 9, 1, 2, 2, 10, 9, 5, 8, 4, 6, 10, 7, 9, 3, 2, 9, 5, 7, 4, 7, 8, 4, 4 = 178

>>1009606
>equipment ID
Marisa will share what she figured out.

>Four successes against Marisa who has a dodge MDV of 7and a Parry MDV of four. No luck, duck stays stuck.
Appearance 3 to 2, so Marisa's MDV gets penalized 1. Also, I don't have it on my sheet because the idea came up late in the chargen process, but if Marisa and Posu are long-term friends, Marisa probably has an intimacy towards her, so net -2 MDV. Still not enough to beat dodge MDV though.

>>1009340
"Posu, Posu, Posu! Don'tcha know what you do with spies? You treat them better than the other guy. Then they're your spies! Theft by not being a jerk." Marisa nods, sagely conveying the basic principle that has allowed house Nellens to establish an extensive spy network through the mortals employed by other houses, as seen through her own... unique lens. "'Sides, trying to ruin you or your rep would go right against the Sworn Sisterhood."

Social attack, Charisma 4 + Presence 2 + First Presence Excellency 3 (for 3m) + Stunt, probably Illusion-keyword if it's trying to affect Posu's belief that Ribbons is out to get her. Marisa's at a one Appearance disadvantage, but she's also likely playing off Posu's intimacy of friendship towards her, and an appeal to resist suspicions of a Sworn Brother might resonate with Temperance?
>>
No. 1009647 ID: 49a8bd

rolled 8, 5, 1, 2, 6, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 5, 4, 1, 10, 2, 1, 6, 5, 4, 5, 3, 1, 6, 10, 5, 6, 4, 2, 6, 1, 5, 10, 10, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 7, 10, 6, 1, 5, 5, 1, 7, 5, 8, 9, 10 = 250

(I accidentally hit submit too early, transcribed is the post I made too early, the original dice rolls, and the finished product.)

7, 9, 9, 1, 1, 1, 1, 7, 3, 9, 7, 8, 8, 9, 1, 5, 6, 6, 2, 1, 6, 2, 8, 5, 5, 4, 3, 8, 3, 10, 8, 9, 6, 7, 10, 2, 2, 1, 9, 3, 7, 3, 6, 5, 6, 6, 1, 4, 9, 10

"Dragons I hate having to deal with all of this cloak and dagger bullshit sometimes, especially if you aren't willing to help out with the 'being subtle' part. I will handle this whole thing when I've sobered up. Speaking of, do you want the rest of the Wine? It shouldn't be any more dangerous than any other magical drug designed with an Exalted resilience in mind. But I want that bottle back."

Mechanics WP 10+ Integrity 5+ Essence 4 for Dodge MDV of 9 +1 appearance for 10 -either 1 or 2 for intimacy or temperance

> 4, 9, 8, 7, 1, 5, 9, 9, 1, 2, 2

Which is a successful defense.
>>
No. 1009693 ID: 911880

rolled 9, 3, 9, 8, 10, 9, 4, 2, 9, 9, 9, 6, 8, 1, 9, 7, 9, 10, 3, 9, 1, 7, 8, 8, 8, 3, 10, 9, 6, 7 = 210

With Posu Seeming to be off with the contraband, perhaps getting it identified and getting a quote from our allied Mage on the cost of the unidentified items, this would leave Ribbons a bit free for the time being. Sauntering to where Aloe went to, making adjustments to their outfit, taking on an image fit for the Maiden her self as the clothing became a display of almost ethereal ribbons, still covering their body to be decent, but not leaving too much for their captive to wonder about( activating the appearance buff from the IRA). it should be as simple as leaning against the threshold of the door, the IRA outfit doing the work needed to draw attention to them as Ribbon smiled, giving a wink to the Lintha, as if to hint at something.
"How's the Desk Plant Treating you? Hopefully well~"

sweet words to melt the Lintha before their attention turned to Aloe.

"Got anything Interesting? Could use a nice set up for a short story I am inspired to write. Perhaps with a certain Protagonist in mind."

They mentioned with a playful smile, now just obviously flirting with the Lintha. (trying to build up an Intimacy to Ribbons)
>>
No. 1009704 ID: aa8cad

rolled 9, 3, 10, 10, 6, 8, 8, 1, 4, 10, 6, 8, 9, 10, 6, 4, 6, 1, 3, 8, 2, 5, 7, 1, 8, 10, 10, 9, 5, 7, 8, 5, 4, 10, 1, 7, 9, 7, 9, 6, 7, 2, 9, 5, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 7, 7, 10, 4, 9, 7, 10, 9, 5, 4, 5, 1, 4, 7, 9, 3, 6, 7, 6, 9, 2, 9, 5, 1, 9, 8, 1, 4, 8, 6, 2, 3, 9, 2, 8, 1, 2, 2, 8, 6, 2, 10, 5, 10, 2, 9, 4, 9, 1, 1, 1 = 569

>>1009647
>Dragons I hate having to deal with all of this cloak and dagger bullshit sometimes, especially if you aren't willing to help out with the 'being subtle' part.
"That's me, all the subtlety of a lightning bolt!"

>Speaking of, do you want the rest of the Wine? It shouldn't be any more dangerous than any other magical drug
>Temperance 1
"Magic booze? 'Su, you do love me!"

>Sypax grants its imbiber an experience of perfect pleasure, from the release of orgasm to the contentment of hard work completed.
"...dragon's [i]balls[/i ] izzat good."

All right, that's rolling (Stamina 5 + Integrity 0) against Toxicity 4L, eight times (dialog might count towards stunting the first roll, but I'm not bothering with the rest). Success means knocking the L tag off and actually getting to roll dice of damage instead of simply eating the bashing damage and wp loss. Some of the later rolls are likely gonna be subject to wound penalties.

Unless the dice are very lucky, Marisa’s probably looking at an hour and a half of being blissed out of her mind followed by a day sleeping off the hangover and penalties.

...it's possible this might trigger concern (or a Compassion compulsion) in the doldrum watching over her.
>>
No. 1009920 ID: 59f01e

rolled 8, 10, 1, 5, 9, 1, 6, 5, 1, 5, 4, 3, 8, 2, 4, 6, 2, 8, 9, 3, 9, 3, 9, 7, 1, 8, 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, 2, 10, 4, 3, 6, 6, 8, 4, 1, 7, 5, 9, 6, 9, 10, 4, 8, 2, 2, 2, 5, 2, 10, 9, 8, 9, 3, 6, 3 = 322

>>1009693
Let's see, that'd be manipulation 5, Presence 5, Flirting 1, Stunt 2, so...
>9, 3, 9, 8, 10, 9, 4, 2, 9, 9, 9, 6, 8
Ten successes on thirteen dice! Relative appearance is Ribbons 9 vs Kerioth 3; don't think the IRA allows you to go over the maximum of +3, but that's still down to at least MDV 2, which, yeah, Ribbons hits. No wp to resist- the young cannibal does their best to avoid ogling to much, but is clearly interested.

Conviction 3 means that's the most work you can do on building that intimacy of Lust during this scene though, and it'll remain at (1/3) until you transition and start working him over again.

"Like I said, uh- ma'am" (he pauses to swallow a large lump in his throat, blushing a deep purple-red) "I ain't gots much of interest to a lady like yous. Been in the brig for the past couple moons, cause that blood-addled eunuch wouldn't listen when we's saids not to get involved with the dead. 'S bad luck and I ain't join the family cause I wanted to be no ghost walkin arounds Thorns. If yous needs help with a storybook I could always tell yous about some of the Don's I worked for- one of them had a great big castle on an island, and I'm pretty sure it's loaded with treasures and whatchamacallits that folk like yous could do good with. I can reads and writes and whatnot too, 'cept probably not as neat and nice as yous, on account of most of that being dock for me so I didn't have to practice too good."

Kerioth is compliant, trying to help out with your request, somewhat inept missing the point that Ribbons probably isn't interested in him for sailors stories and writing help. What specific questions do you want to cover? We can do some dialog, but to speed things up we don't have to cover all of them IC- we can just evaluate a stunt for the initial pressing and assue the rest of the interview follows suit.
>>
No. 1009956 ID: f57349

rolled 4, 7, 2, 2, 9, 3, 5, 6, 5, 10, 3, 10, 4, 10, 9, 10, 4, 4, 3, 9, 5, 8, 9, 6, 6, 9, 10, 2, 9, 5, 10, 10, 4, 5, 8, 9, 5, 10, 5, 7, 3, 9, 1, 10, 4, 8, 5, 8, 9, 1, 10, 1, 4, 8, 8, 9, 6, 6, 8, 4 = 383

Agent Lobelia flies up to the bow of the former Lintha ship, stands halfway out of the aerial rickshaw's control seat, and gives the (inanimate, wooden) figurehead a firm slap across the face followed by the basic "personal hygiene standards" lecture for first-coil monks, in an effort to shame the god of the ship into tidying up that domain for the sake of better service to the Realm.

Mechanically, activating Mending Warped Designs (possibly more than once and/or enhanced with the Second Craft Excellency if personal essence reserves permit) for any structural repairs necessary to keep the vessel afloat and moving toward a friendly port - and purging incidental demonic corruption if reasonably possible. Dexterity 4, Craft (Wood) 5, Essence 4, trading any stunt dice for a better target number with World-Shaping Artistic Vision.
>>
No. 1010210 ID: 911880

rolled 10, 3, 2, 8, 7, 7, 2, 4, 3, 6, 3, 4, 2, 2, 7, 8, 4, 4, 6, 2, 10, 1, 9, 6, 5, 6, 2, 7, 1, 7, 3, 8, 10, 7, 4 = 180

>>1009920
"oh a Don with an island full of treasure and Undead? and you got to see such a sight? I would love to hear all about your experience there. you say you are nothing but a common man part of all this, but everyone can relate to a common man's perspective."

Ribbons smiled, not breaking eye contact as they dragged a barrel over to sit upon, directly across from him, legs uncrossing for a moment, a good long moment before crossing over in the other direction as they have pulled out a clipboard with paper upon it and a quill, ready to take notes as they leaned forward with a soft grin and stated what they wanted from him.

"just tell me what you can recall going to this Island, the trip, the people, the sights, everything. a picture is worth a thousand words, so paint me a scene."
(heart Brightening Presentation to use Fateful. using 4 Peripheral and 1 WP to turn all Dice into Successes)
>>
No. 1010727 ID: 59f01e

rolled 8, 8, 4, 6, 6, 1, 3, 5, 6, 1, 2, 9, 3, 6, 9, 3, 2, 4, 9, 3, 6, 5, 1, 5, 7, 7, 7, 7, 5, 3, 3, 7, 2, 4, 9, 4, 9, 3, 7, 3, 4, 10, 6, 8, 10, 2, 4, 2, 1, 8, 6, 1, 9, 7, 6, 4, 9, 6, 10, 3 = 318

>>1009704
Don't think the stunt counts as more than a one dot- technically interacting with other information in the scene, and dialog always counts, but it's not really describing the action the stunt is relating to, which I'd generally prefer. Let's roll these all in succession and then count it up at the end:

>9, 3, 10, 10, 6, 8
Six successes
>8, 1, 4, 10, 6,
three
>8, 9, 10, 6, 4,
four
>6, 1, 3, 8, 2,
One
>5, 7, 1, 8, 10,
Four
>10, 9, 5, 7, 8,
five
>5, 4, 10, 1, 7,
three
>9, 7, 9, 6, 7,
four

Okay, pretty good roll overall, that's three automatic levels and five rolled:
>8, 10, 1, 5, 9

Which means total Marisa takes six levels of bashing damage and loses six temporary wp.

>...it's possible this might trigger concern (or a Compassion compulsion) in the doldrum watching over her.
Hourai, the elemental bound to watch over Marisa, only stares intently at the empty bottle; they watch emptily as Marisa stumbles over herself on the top deck, but otherwise don't seem to intervene. It's unclear if they don't consider the poison to be a threat worth addressing, just want to stay close to you while you recover, or are otherwise "motivated". Alice's toys she summons are always a little hard to read, like empty husks, and this one is doubly so on account of it actually being a empty husk.

>>1010210
"S-sorry, I thinks I misspoke- Don Charlie was a stand up character. Never gots to meets the fellow, up in the tower making things run an whatsnot, but there ain't no undead on that islands that I heard of. No, see, Captain got wind of Skullstone tryna finally make inroads with the family- apparently the Silver Prince has other things to worry about, wants the Lintha working as his privateers or something like that. So we gets set up fer a meeting with some sorta shark lady, I don't remembers her name, under the promise that she's got her ways to bring the blood purity of the family back to it's heights- old family stuff, yanno? Only, me and some of the other boys on the crew knew undead underlings for the Silver Prince were bad news no matter what they promised, and it's likely a trap of some sorts anyhow, so we's did a mutinies. Most of us ain't even got any blood to speak, at least, not important bloods anyhow- I'm only a cousin, really, but they'll hunt me down for talking anyways. But yeah- the undeads just some stupid plot our idiot of a father got himself trick into joining, which I want no parts in."

>using 4 Peripheral and 1 WP to turn all Dice into Successes
11 successes and you've got the defector describing, as best they can, everything about their work to you. Old shipping routes, who in the family hates which bosses, where they heard rumors of the flotillas, etc. You'll be able to pass that information along to some young hero with a chip on their shoulder against slavers or a wanna-be pirate captain at some point, maybe even in Ironport- likely a coastal trade town has had some unpleasant dealings with the Lintha in the past, so you might get lucky and find an orphaned son or widowed mother to go wreak vengeance that just also happens to work in your favor in the near future.
>>
No. 1010804 ID: afdebc

rolled 8, 6, 5 = 19

>>1010727
Okay, six bashing, so Marisa will be sleeping that off for the next 18 hours in her bunk. Rolling Conviction 3 for willpower recovery.
>>
No. 1010934 ID: 59f01e

rolled 9, 2, 10, 6, 10, 8, 10, 10, 2, 2, 4, 2, 1, 8, 9, 3, 2, 2, 3, 2, 5, 5, 2, 7, 8, 7, 8, 5, 8, 9, 3, 2, 7, 4, 9, 2, 5, 8, 1, 2, 10, 2, 5, 10, 2, 1, 6, 4, 4, 6, 4, 5, 9, 10, 3, 9, 3, 3, 2, 9 = 319

>>1009956
>Monastic Naivete
Hrm- instructing the ship on proper philosophy seems like it's monastic, and maybe also naive? Not sure it quite fits, but I also think I don't have sufficiently solid grounds to reject it. Destiny lowers the TN to 6, then your two dot stunt means you lower that furth down to 4, so that's...
>4, 7, 2, 2, 9, 3, 5, 6, 5, 10, 3, 10, 4,
11 successes! Four from WSAV when those stunt dice would otherwise have only awarded you two, so good call there. Ship is still damaged, but no longer sinking- hull is still waterlogged and the deck has major repairs needed, but it'll get to the next port so long as someone takes it there.
>>
No. 1011085 ID: 59f01e

It takes approximately an hour to get your ships in sailing condition, and approximately three days to get to Ironport. Technically I was thinking of awarding the XP for the first "chapter" upon arrival, but to give you a chance to use training time, I'm awarding it now:

Rules are as such:
4xp per chapter as the base, then one extra for each of "pursued a mechanically-unwise indulgence," "suffered a terrible loss," and "performed a natural 3-die stunt," or similar such categories. That means Posu and Marisa are awarded 5xp each, having unwisely indulged in mystery pirate liquid, and Lobelia+Ribbons both earn 4xp. Do you make any efforts to involve yourselves in the operations of the vessel, pursue personal projects, or otherwise take notable actions before your arrival to the next port? If Ribbons pursues her novel instead of strategic mission parameters/training, I'm willing to count that as mechanically unwise and award another XP for it now. The same goes for other characters if they believe they have IC reasons to waste time and avoid the grueling diligence of labor, training, and otherwise doing hard work to accomplish your goals.
>>
No. 1011189 ID: afdebc

rolled 2, 9, 9, 2, 10, 3, 9, 1, 4, 9, 1, 3, 3, 7, 2, 6, 8, 4, 4, 6, 8, 4, 7, 10, 6, 6, 4, 3, 2, 8 = 160

>>1011085
The next day, after sleeping off the pirate bliss-booze, Marisa's going to scrounge around for supplies, change out of her witch's outfit, and dress up as best she can like Sesus Leyan Xian. Then, she heads off to visit her friend, and right outside of Posu's cabin, she activates Goat's Shapechange charm, targeting the water aspect.

That's Intelligence 2 + Larceny 4 for disguise, plus 2 autosuccesses from the Second Larceny Excellency, and + Conviction 3 autosuccesses from Shapechange.


Posu is interrupted in her cabin by her furious spouse bursting in through the door, wearing a fingerless glove with a large gem inset gem on one hand.

"Ragara Bolang Posu! Do you have any idea how much trouble you are in!?"

Marisa lasts less than a minute before cracking up and ending up bent over double in laughter.
>>
No. 1011377 ID: e69848

rolled 3, 8, 5, 6, 5, 10, 8, 8, 3, 8, 8, 7, 2, 7, 8, 10, 9, 5, 8, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 7, 1, 3, 2, 4, 4, 6, 1, 1, 1, 2, 10, 4, 3, 1, 3, 1, 1, 9, 1, 10, 7, 10, 1, 1, 1 = 255

>>1011189
Posu had to do a double take.

"Xian, we agreed to stop hooking up on boats after we sank the 5th one, so this will need to wait until we can buy a hotel at shore with a good existing fire insurance policy. Also, I do appreciate you deciding to come running to join in on the revenge quest. If I just have to worry about keeping you from killing them, I honestly probably won't need to worry about wanting to crush this Anathema's head like a soft melon."

Posu let out a sigh as she pulled out a bottle of fine brandy to pour herself and who she thought was her wife, even if the whole situation was suspect that she didn't call ahead.
>>
No. 1011385 ID: afdebc

>>1011377
"Xian" struggles to hold a strained smile, before losing the battle and breaking down in laughter.

"Hells, Posu, you can't even fight without fucking? Burnt down five ships!"

The water aspect is treated to a distinctly unusual sight as the Charm breaks, revealing Marisa-dressed-as-Xian. Flicking her gloved hand she offers "Toldya I found a doodad."
>>
No. 1011388 ID: e69848

rolled 8, 5, 8, 9, 5, 6, 5, 8, 9, 10, 2, 5, 4, 10, 7, 8, 5, 6, 3, 3, 6, 7, 7, 10, 4, 7, 2, 1, 3, 8, 4, 10, 4, 7, 2, 9, 4, 7, 3, 9 = 240

>>1011385
"Yes, that was an eventful and expensive afternoon, and I would recommend it the next time you and Alice get into a fight."

She did her best to hide the surprise and genuine disappointment behind both her mask and utter stone faced disapproval.

"Anyway, I'm honestly kind of uncomfortable. You know that this is kind of a really difficult time for me, and it's kind of fucked up that you pretended to be my wife trying to sleep with me at my lowest. But is that what the doodad does?"
>>
No. 1011389 ID: afdebc

rolled 4, 10, 4, 1, 2, 4, 9, 3, 6, 9, 8, 2, 9, 7, 2, 6, 1, 10, 5, 6, 7, 5, 10, 4, 3, 7, 10, 10, 6, 4, 9, 6, 7, 9, 9, 8, 3, 4, 9, 7, 10, 6, 5, 5, 2, 10, 9, 3, 6, 6, 4, 2, 7, 9, 2, 1, 1, 8, 6, 2, 1, 4, 9, 6, 10, 4, 8, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4, 4, 4, 7, 7, 1, 1, 7, 1, 8, 7, 10, 1, 6, 7, 3, 10, 9, 6, 2, 5, 3, 10, 4, 9, 10, 9, 8, 10 = 572

>>1011388
>But is that what the doodad does?
"It's a neomah-in-a-glove! They do shapeshifting, yeah. This one also knows Jade Mountain."

>Anyway, I'm honestly kind of uncomfortable. You know that this is kind of a really difficult time for me, and it's kind of fucked up that you pretended to be my wife trying to sleep with me at my lowest.
Marisa pouts. "I wasn't trying to sleep with you, you're the one who saw a perfectly good angry wife jump scare as sextimes. Ugh, sorry."

>>1011085
Right, actual productive game stuff:

After her misadventure teasing Posu, Marisa will disclose that her discovery of the neomah-in-a-yasal-crystal and outline the bargain she struck with Goat: his charms are available to whichever member of the sworn brotherhood is holding the crystal for a month (well, 27 days now), with the option to let the spirit lose for in-person help before that deadline, if needed. His Jade Mountain Charms are only available for "the pleasure of controlling ones balance and redirecting the forces of immense objects for spiritual or physical gratification and never for violence or anger". I figure we can stunt or talk OOC to decide who's got hold of the crystal in scenes as needed.

Marisa's going to recommend Posu pass the Resplendent Personal Assistant to Lobelia for now, as the monk is apparently the best sailor-slash-navigator in the group (unless Posu's suddenly decided to "live up to her aspect"). As for herself, the azure dragon is going to contribute over the next few days of sea travel by making scouting runs by broomstick, so she finds trouble before trouble finds them. The likely relevant dice pool for that is (Perception 3 + Awareness 3), and she can throw two automatic successes at that with the second excellency (unless Marisa needs to make a lot of checks in a short time, her hourly mote recovery rate can keep up with that). Might be a navigation roll on her part required for that, which I would guess uses (Survival 3 + Some Mental Attribute)? She shouldn't have much trouble finding her way back to the ship at least, since she can rely on Sworn Brother's Oath to act as a compass pointing her in the direction of the others.

If Ribbons is going to write down that wealth of Lintha intelligence >>1010727 , Marisa will use Elemental Concentration Trance to absorb it.
>>
No. 1011756 ID: 911880

rolled 9, 3, 9, 9, 10, 10, 8, 8, 9, 2, 6, 3, 8, 3, 7, 4, 3, 2, 5, 5, 10, 5, 5, 8, 5, 6, 6, 2, 9, 2 = 181

>If Ribbons is going to write down that wealth of Lintha intelligence

Ribbons had documented and made a copy of the Information for the Dragons to use as they see Fit, keeping the original Elsewere for now.

As for what to do now they are ashore, it was to gather what they found, finish any identifications and assessing what to do with the loot. the Ship most likely is going to be sold off, but the Contraband needed to be dealt with legally before they do anything with it. with Their reports in hand, they headed off to Posu, about to knock when they see the door already open and Posu already awake before letting out a small sigh.

"Glad to see your up. Since we are ashore, I would like to finish up the reports so i can have some free time. We have a Ship to deal with, repairs to file, and Contraband we need to get sorted. After all, isn't that the right thing to do? We can't just sell or take some of these items for ourselves without proper Protocol."

Not so much saying it, but putting in light how a morally upstanding person might feel Guilty if they did anything with the contraband they had.

Spending 2Personal on fateful (TN 5) and 2 personal on extra dice as Ribbons is trying to make Posu feel guilty.
>>
No. 1011874 ID: 911880

>>1011085
Before everyone arrives to shore to deal with paperwork and contraband, there is a captive audience. with their outfit of ribbons fluttering and a rough draft of the inspired sea story in hand, they sat in front of the Lintha with a smile as Ribbons began to read the draft, taking on the perspective of a familiar sounding Lintha, painting a favorable light for this 'soon to be' ally of the Realm. a bit of a flirt to the Lintha as Ribbons let him pay attention to what he wanted, trying to win him over to their side.(4 Personal and 1 WP for Fateful Auspicious Successes)
>>
No. 1011891 ID: 4c1cd7

rolled 2, 7, 9, 7, 2, 3, 10, 2, 4, 6, 1, 9, 2, 5, 4, 7, 3, 2, 4, 9, 4, 3, 8, 3, 1, 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 6, 8, 8, 2, 10, 8, 4, 8, 8, 10, 5, 4, 9, 2, 10, 1, 6, 7, 8, 6 = 272

>>1011756
Posu was sitting down at her desk as she so often was as she did her own copy of the paperwork for her personal records.

"Hm? I've already filed the paperwork for the contraband, though that's something of a misnomer since it's not contraband for an Exalt to own in any legal system I could meaningfully be held under the Jurisdiction of. I've already made a note of the amazing wine, how I legally acquired it as battlefield salvage, and that it's already been consumed, leaving behind a decorative bottle I am intending to keep."

Posu didn't even look up as she paid more attention to her paperwork. Seemingly unaware the manipulation was even happening.

"But, I should ask, before you head out on your shore leave, who do you work for? Is it some spineless puke in House Tepet looking for revenge for not giving them a leave of their taxes after their great misfortune by assaulting my integrity, or are you instead trying to find an opening to kill me yourself when it wouldn't be impermissible by the brotherhood spell?"

Alright

Raw successes, 11

Raw DV 9

-2 Appearance for 7 Dodge DV

Spending 4m personal on 3rd Integrity Excellency to take it from 19-24 to raise it to base 12 down to 10

+ At least 1 stunt modifier
>>
No. 1011973 ID: f57349

>>1011085
Agent Lobelia will be attending to the spiritual health of the crew - a bit of personal attention and guidance for anyone who seems particularly rattled by the violence, and (with the captain's permission of course, to schedule a suitable time) recitation of one of the Immaculate Texts. Possibly something about past occasions when Danaa'd fought the Lintha while incarnated as a human? Encouraging discussion afterward on the subject of how lessons therein can be applied to everyday life at sea.
>>
No. 1011976 ID: 59f01e

rolled 5, 1, 10, 7, 1, 2, 2, 10, 4, 4, 5, 9, 3, 1, 10, 6, 4, 7, 6, 10, 3, 2, 2, 7, 2, 10, 8, 2, 9, 3, 8, 3, 9, 3, 4, 1, 6, 2, 5, 4, 3, 6, 8, 2, 9, 9, 6, 1, 6, 4, 5, 9, 7, 5, 9, 4, 10, 9, 7, 10 = 329

>>1011389
>As for herself, the azure dragon is going to contribute over the next few days of sea travel by making scouting runs by broomstick, so she finds trouble before trouble finds them.
Marisa is flying about half a day ahead of the group, making sure the port is going to be safe to land in, and that there's no marauding sea monster or such. As such, she's the first to get a look at their destination.

Ironport has been of strategic importance since the end of the Balorian Crusade, as the shift in creation’s geomancy created a new demense. It has managed to remain uncapped for over seven hundred years, as it blesses the surrounding area with abundant ferrous deposits. The sands can be used to make pig iron, the trees resist pests and decay, and the people… well, the additional iron in their blood tends to leave them poorer in health, but thaumaturgical warding and the immaculate monks have managed to mitigate those issues for much of the population. From the briefing, Marisa knows immaculate monks also brought proper calendar worship to the people and spirits here. Initially the town was two separate villages about three miles apart from each other, but they grew and expanded over time, especially with the Realm's protection, so they ended up becoming a single town with two city gods.

What she sees however is... odd, maybe? The town is almost lifeless, doors shut, salterns untended, smithy dark. The signs of life she does see are two or three scales of armed beastmen. Stirge-like features make those you saw in conflict with the Lintha. There's no immediate signs of violence- buildings intact, no ships in port or loot/body piles. It's uncertain if the town has perhaps always had a high concentration of stirgefolk, maybe as a result of demesne mutations or other factors from way back before the empress took over? Certainly wasn't mentioned in the history/briefing of the town though.

So, what do? Make first contact? Try to sneak away/observe more in silence? Active your nose for treasure and hunt around before anyone else catches up with you?

>>1011874
No dice, but frankly with your pools it's trivial to instill intimacies in the young sailor- only real limit is number of scenes. Technically I might only count this as one scene, as we're not actually doing multiple different focuses during the next couple days, but if your goal is to tie this guy around your finger, consider it done. Definitely and intimacy of lust, maybe another appropriate one if you've got any other ideas in mind?
Potentially more importantly, is your informant allowed at bible study?
>>1011973
>Possibly something about past occasions when Danaa'd fought the Lintha while incarnated as a human? Encouraging discussion afterward on the subject of how lessons therein can be applied to everyday life at sea.
Could be some friction with the crew, but if you're trying to reform and bend them to your will, an intimacy towards the immaculate texts might be useful.

>>1011756
>>1011891
If we want a drawn out back and forth mental battle, probably best to do that in the combat channel; you have my permission to adjudicate each other's stunts and conduct the battle yourselves, and, as a broader thing, all intraparty social combat can be conducted that way. If you feel you need a neutral party or that the other people at the table aren't playing fairly, of course as the ST I'm happy to assume the role of adjudicator, but otherwise I don't feel as though I need to be involved in dialog and combat stuff between each other.
>>
No. 1012388 ID: afdebc

rolled 3, 2, 9, 9, 6, 4, 3, 4, 3, 3, 5, 4, 8, 8, 5, 6, 5, 9, 9, 8, 1, 7, 3, 3, 6, 8, 2, 8, 9, 4 = 164

>>1011976
Okay, it's now the third day after the battle with the Lintha, meaning Marisa got to sleep twice more, so rolling (Conviction x2) = 6 dice for willpower recovery.

> no ships in port
Is... that normal? Maybe there's no out-of-towners docked, but should a town this size have some of their own boats? Academic knowledge check! (Intelligence 2 + Sail 0).

>So, what do?
"Let's see if the locals have any lookouts who are awake. Look away for a sec, Hourai?" Spending 2m personal to activate Observer Awareness Method, rolling (Perception 3 + Larceny 4). Rolled successes will only matter if there's any observers close to pinpoint, which is sort of unlikely floating out over the harbor, but should return the binary yes/no if they're further than that.

Marisa's also gonna do a quick check for some kind of spiritual problem hiding from plain sight. With the harbor empty, the help of a doldrum to calm the wind (and thus the waves), and the midmorning sun, we've got a nice, _big_ mirror reflecting a good clear view of town. Committing 2m personal to activate Spirit-Detecting Mirror Technique, and rolling (Perception 3 + Awareness 3) + 1 autosuccess from the Second Awareness Excellency for another 3m personal.
>>
No. 1012394 ID: 59f01e

rolled 4, 10, 1, 8, 4, 5, 6, 4, 3, 4, 1, 1, 10, 8, 1, 2, 2, 3, 5, 3, 7, 5, 8, 9, 1, 3, 10, 7, 7, 10, 6, 9, 6, 9, 8, 3, 3, 4, 5, 2, 5, 1, 10, 2, 10, 7, 5, 8, 7, 1, 10, 1, 6, 4, 3, 8, 5, 4, 4, 3 = 311

>>1012388
>3, 2, 9, 9, 6,
That's two wp regained,
4, 3,
and no successes on the role to recall maritime port knowledge. Given that you've got ECT though, you have the info from the briefing locked down pretty well; the "town" as it were actually boasts a permanent population of less than a thousand. Unusual for a place of geomantic power and raw resource extraction, but the demense mutations are hard on the mortals here, and the forests are harbor to creatures not always kindly disposed of men. They boast an unusually high and valuable level of tribute in return for an unusual level of support from the local immaculate chapter which... you're pretty pretty sure one of the stirgefolk has the possessions of? You have intel on the personnel stationed there from your cousins last reports, mainly because they got in an spat apparently. Disciple of hesiesh recognized the staff of the head monk, described as being strung with rosin oiled iron hairs, as a weapon designed for non-immaculate martial arts, which caused... friction. And by the docks there is a very large stirgefolk carrying a staff strung with iron hairs.

4, 3, 3, 5, 4, 8, 8, 5, 6,
That's two successes on Observer Awareness Style. Unsure how close Marisa is to town, but it's unlikely there's anyone within those twenty yards, much less someone watching her. Counting your...
5, 9, 9, 8, 1, 7, 3, 3,
five successes total after including your second excellency, you can pretty easily tell no one in town is aware of you, but there's stuff in the forest (about three miles from the dock) which is reacting to your presence- spirits, or animals, or both maybe, moving in response to your shadow. Too far from the water's surface, especially with the myriad of trees breaking up your sight line, to see any reflections that far in, but there's certainly birds who may speak to the fish who may tell the sailors and so on, so be careful and know you may not escape unobserved.

As for Spirit-Detecting Mirror Technique, you can see the god of the port, Limani speaking to the large stirgefolk, and as such, can hear half the conversation.
"If Tellus Dasos (a name Marisa recognizes as the other spirit given ownership of ironport) and his fanatics really can destabilize the demense, they surely would have already. They gain nothing by hiding in the woods- you must strike and take control of the mills if you want to make up for the loss in iron tribute."
He pauses then, listening to a response you presume, before speaking up again in an angry huff:
"You think yourself clever but if we don't adapt then there will be no bargain for you to uphold. Don't your masters have more forces sequestered on their island? Surely they would listen to a request to respond! Think well on my words young one and you may yet live to see another day."
With that, the spirit storms off.
>>
No. 1012531 ID: afdebc

rolled 10, 8, 3, 5, 1, 9, 1, 2, 9, 7, 2, 9, 6, 3, 8, 7, 2, 2, 3, 9 = 106

>>1012394
>destabilize the demense
Huh, well, that's not good. Luckily geomancy ain't fast.

So two squabbling factions, City god and stirgefolk vs Tellus Dasos and his supports, messing up iron-tax collection and possibly blowing everything up. (Tellus' guys are more alert if they're the ones who noticed her... although maybe the bats are just focused on watching land rather than sea, because that's where they expect trouble to come from). Sounds like an incident brewing! And one Posu might be interested in, too. Not the mission, but the group should probably do something about that. Noooot yet though. An hour away from the boat is too far away to hang around long if something else shows up, and she doesn't know which side to shoot, yet. (I mean, shooting both sides and sorting it out later is a classic, but that works better when they're closer together).

About face! Marisa's heading back to the others to report in.
>>
No. 1012764 ID: 82be69

rolled 1, 2, 7, 8, 10, 3, 8, 10, 5, 9, 4, 7, 5, 7, 9, 7, 5, 5, 7, 10, 9, 3, 1, 1, 7, 8, 6, 6, 9, 2, 8, 6, 2, 2, 5, 10, 5, 1, 3, 3, 8, 4, 8, 1, 10, 9, 7, 4, 8, 10, 1, 1, 3, 9, 4, 1, 10, 8, 5, 8 = 345

>>1012531

As Marisa comes back, Posu is done cloistering herself in her cabins, pouring over the last 25 years of tax reports, and every primary source that she could think to locate that would have gone into the briefings for the mission.

Int 4 + Bureaucracy 5 + 1st Excellency 9 (+2 Catching Fraud specialty and another +2 Excellency if it is relevant, since she will be looking for it, but that's less the primary reason she's there)

And she was performing a sort of warm up, doing 100 one handed push ups with the two heaviest individuals on the ship standing on her back with fully loaded barrels of grain.
>>
No. 1012765 ID: 82be69

rolled 8, 9, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 10, 7, 10, 4, 5, 7, 6, 10, 7, 7, 4, 7, 5, 1, 8, 10, 4, 2, 2, 3, 7, 3, 10, 3, 5, 1, 10, 10, 4, 3, 1, 7, 8, 2, 9, 5, 4, 9, 9, 10, 6, 7, 5, 8, 3, 1, 6, 5, 6, 9, 1 = 339

>>1012531

As Marisa comes back, Posu is done cloistering herself in her cabins, pouring over the last 25 years of tax reports, and every primary source that she could think to locate that would have gone into the briefings for the mission.

Int 4 + Bureaucracy 5 + 1st Excellency 9 (+2 Catching Fraud specialty and another +2 Excellency if it is relevant, since she will be looking for it, but that's less the primary reason she's there)

And she was performing a sort of warm up, doing 100 one handed push ups with the two heaviest individuals on the ship standing on her back with fully loaded barrels of grain.
>>
No. 1012819 ID: 59f01e

>>1012764
1, 2, 7, 8, 10, 3, 8, 10, 5, 9, 4, 7, 5, 7, 9, 7, 5, 5, 7, 10, 9, 3, 1, 1, 7, 8, 6, 6,
One dot stunt, for a basic description of your action and how you're accomplishing the research- as a general note, I'm stating for the sake of clarity and consistency that Posu would need magical enhancement to do 100 push ups with 1000lbs on her back. That's the sort of thing she could do once in the moment, like kicking down a door, but is pretty much at the upper limit of what she can handle under her own, unenhanced power. GURPS probably has good rules for what percentage of your maximum lift your normal carry weight would be.

>pouring over the last 25 years of tax reports, and every primary source that she could think to locate
On average, it takes two minutes to read a page. Posu can read about ten per minute, further enhanced to fifty per minute with her Jewel of Swift Comprehension (thank you Magey, I would have forgotten to include that otherwise). That makes reading over the years of tax notes pretty trivial. The town has been 5%-10% short of their proper dues the last three years, despite direct immaculate support and oversight. They Satrap cites growing Lintha boldness increasing trade prices in the area, making it more difficult to maintain a consistent output, but you can tell that's not the whole story. Their iron tribute, one of the twins two major goods that makes up the tax, is significantly lower, by almost twenty percent, and they've tried to make up for it with higher ironwood quotients but aren't fully catching up. It's obvious to Posu that the towns is stockpiling iron for whatever reason, and either assuming they're not embezzling enough to be worth the Realm's time, or that they'll accomplish whatever goal they have before the pattern became too noticable.
Of further note, looking at the tributes from each "section" of town, you can tell the "port" part of Ironport must of been bigger and more prosperous than the logging side; when the two sections were incorporated into a singular town, and two gods elevated to the status of City God, with worship appropriate to their titles, it likely improved the title and worship Tellus Dasos was receiving, at the cost of power and attention for Limani. There are no records of direct disobedience, violence, or other derelictions of duty, but it's is obvious to anyone that the Realm moving in and taking worship from the god of the port might not please them overly.
>>
No. 1012824 ID: 82be69

rolled 10, 1, 8, 10, 3, 2, 3, 6, 10, 5, 6, 7, 9, 5, 5, 4, 4, 1, 6, 6, 5, 5, 10, 10, 4, 3, 1, 4, 7, 2, 7, 5, 4, 9, 2, 1, 9, 2, 8, 5, 3, 2, 1, 10, 1, 10, 9, 9, 3, 9 = 271

>>1012819
Yeah, I came up with those numbers with the Power Armor stats, where 100 pushups with 200 pounds under load makes more sense for that.

>>1012531

"Well, this whole conversation seems fishy. 10 Obols says this winds up including a coup attempt from Limani aimed at ousting Tellus Dasos from the shared position of City God, and possibly trying to usurp the whole city from Realm control, as revenge for being forced to share with what was a god of a smaller village before the merger."

Posu would stand up, allowing the crew to actually step off before stretching out.

"At least, that's about what I would expect from what you just said and the tax records."
>>
No. 1012830 ID: f57349

rolled 3, 3, 1, 4, 4, 9, 7, 4, 10, 9, 4, 5, 7, 2, 10, 5, 2, 9, 6, 1, 5, 9, 9, 6, 5, 10, 4, 3, 2, 9, 1, 6, 3, 6, 4, 3, 7, 2, 10, 3, 3, 3, 5, 4, 9, 6, 7, 1, 7, 4, 8, 5, 4, 9, 4, 9, 1, 2, 3, 3 = 309

Quick questions for Efficient Secretary Technique to assess how much of a hurry we should be in:

First, attendance lists for the last three Immaculate religious services in Ironport, sorted by how far they'd traveled during the 75 hours immediately prior to the service (as a proxy for whether they live and work in town).
Of those people, how many are currently injured, imprisoned, dead, or 'not found?'
How many are inside the town?
>>
No. 1012834 ID: 911880

rolled 7, 8, 6, 1, 4, 5, 4, 4, 5, 7, 1, 4, 5, 5, 6, 8, 5, 2, 2, 9, 2, 3, 10, 1, 2, 10, 7, 7, 5, 3 = 148

After the debate with Posu and trying to deal with the accusations they have brought to light. Ribbons decided to take it easy, toning down their looks (disable the Appearance buff of the IRA) and Just work on the rough draft of their western chapter of their book, playing with Kerioth. light role-playing, having him reenact some scenes she had in mind of Sword fights, giving tips on how to seem more heroic and charming, someone the Realm might swoon over, and perhaps hands on learning on what to do with those that are Swooned (Committing 1 Peripheral to make in a Shadow Finger, on top of rolling conviction 3 times for the 3 nights rest for 9 dice to recover WP). The main thing they waited on was Marisa as she did want a private word with her about a concern.

"Hey Mari, you got a moment? Is Posu doing okay? the other day I came in to get our paperwork and documents in order and she kinda snapped at me and shut it down before. . . well accusing me of being an agent against her. something about maybe being an assassin or a saboteur. When I asked why she thought that. . . . her reason was she had no evidence and my background check was clean. Even when i pointed this out, she flared up her aura and drove me to tears, wanting me to confess to something she thought she was right on. This seemed sudden and was wondering, since you seem to be close to her. . . is she doing okay? or am I about to be killed for a Crime i didn't do?"
>>
No. 1012908 ID: afdebc

rolled 2, 2, 8, 4, 2, 4, 2, 6, 2, 8, 3, 6, 7, 1, 8, 2, 1, 10, 1, 9 = 88

>>1012824
>10 Obols says this winds up including a coup attempt from Limani aimed at ousting Tellus Dasos from the shared position of City God, and possibly trying to usurp the whole city from Realm control, as revenge for being forced to share with what was a god of a smaller village before the merger.
"Psha~w. My money's on them going after each as soon as they figured out no one from the Isle was paying enough attention to stop 'em.

>>1012834
>Is Posu doing okay?
Marisa lets out an unhappy sigh. "You know who we're looking for. It's her kid out there with the missing fang. It's messing with her head, I think."

>or am I about to be killed for a Crime i didn't do?
"Aheheh, you should be fine, a real stickler for the rules, our Posu. 'Scuse me."

---

"Oi! Posu! What the Hell do you think you're doing, terrifying a sworn sister? Don'tcha got more important things to be focused on? Didn't I tell ya not to do that? Do I haveta force sense through that mask?"
>>
No. 1013007 ID: 59f01e

rolled 6, 3, 8, 7, 7, 2, 1, 3, 10, 6, 5, 7, 8, 9, 3, 1, 10, 6, 1, 5, 8, 6, 10, 4, 4, 2, 4, 7, 6, 2, 1, 10, 7, 4, 8, 2, 5, 4, 6, 2, 8, 10, 5, 6, 7, 2, 5, 10, 2, 4, 3, 6, 3, 3, 10, 10, 2, 9, 5, 10 = 330

>>1012830
The three most recent services (starting with the one furthest from today's date) contained 201 attendees, 222 attendees, and 214 attendees respectively. The master set of attendees from all three services contains 430 non-repeating individuals, of whom 164 live more than one mile away from the temple, and none of whom live more than four miles from the temple.
Of the master set, ten individuals are currently injured, zero are imprisoned, four are dead, and 108 are unsearchable, no results found, implying that information regarding them is being actively concealed.
>>
No. 1013016 ID: 82be69

rolled 2, 9, 6, 7, 4, 5, 5, 5, 2, 7, 7, 9, 8, 10, 10, 4, 7, 7, 6, 9, 10, 5, 8, 4, 7, 5, 10, 3, 7, 9, 5, 6, 1, 8, 8, 4, 9, 7, 3, 9, 3, 8, 3, 8, 1, 7, 7, 1, 3, 5 = 303

>>1012908
Posu was looking out at the starless night sky over the mostly still ocean as Marisa came up to her.

"I have barely any idea of what you're talking about. I asked a simple question, I didn't yell or use any explicit threats of violence, and I kept in mind that mortals tend to see broken limbs as 'horrible life changing injuries' instead of a frustrating week at worst."

"But anyway, I'm not going to get into a serious fight on our only method of transportation. If we were going to get into a fight it would be out in the open ocean where you wouldn't be able to get me under the water and I wouldn't be able to fly to fight you in the relative sky. We might as well wait until we're actually in the city and have a free minute outside of the investigation. First to a solid bruise?"
>>
No. 1013125 ID: afdebc

rolled 8, 2, 9, 7, 4, 1, 8, 2, 6, 2, 9, 1, 7, 10, 2, 10, 9, 1, 10, 5 = 113

"GAaah, don't play dumb Posu, I know you're smarter than me, that's insulting. Ya don't think that, maybe, offering to fight your sworn sister over 'not explicit' threats towards another sworn sister is missing the point?"

The frustrated witch collapses against the rail by Posu.

"Look, I know you don't know magic for a damn, but she literally cannot be out to get you without breaking the Sworn Brother's Oath. Could you stop trying to break the spell and focus on the 'nathema busting and rescuing we gotta do?"
>>
No. 1013378 ID: 82be69

rolled 5, 6, 2, 8, 10, 9, 3, 10, 9, 4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 9, 10, 1, 10, 4, 5, 2, 6, 3, 7, 10, 7, 4, 7, 1, 1, 9, 4, 4, 1, 1, 9, 6, 9, 5, 8, 4, 10, 10, 9, 6, 10, 6, 6, 1 = 290

>>1013125
"Have you ever tried to remove implicit threats from inherently confrontational conversations? Anyway, I offered to get into a fight because it's really fun, as opposed to a particularly strong position."

Posu would let out a sigh.

"However, there's new things I am going to be keeping an eye on regarding Ribbons. But, there's a lot of suspicious things going on here. But, as I don't have any kind of proof yet, which I will be collecting as a personal thing. Since even if my gut feeling is unfounded, there is something hiding here and things that don't add up to me.

"You don't need to worry about any actual kind of retaliation or whatever dumb thing she's worried about,provided I don't turn up years of missing back taxes or anything like that."

--------------------------------

Alright, so I am having trouble putting this into words, but I would like to propose is just going in and politely asking to be caught up on the situation and using their unpayed taxes as leverage to push them into helping us if they really don't want to help out and get things back on track.
>>
No. 1013379 ID: f57349

rolled 8, 5, 6, 1, 10, 4, 2, 3, 6, 7, 5, 6, 6, 1, 10, 8, 6, 7, 3, 2, 3, 5, 4, 8, 2, 10, 4, 9, 2, 1, 8, 2, 8, 9, 6, 1, 7, 3, 4, 8, 10, 2, 1, 7, 7, 7, 8, 1, 4, 6, 7, 3, 3, 2, 10, 4, 5, 10, 6, 6 = 319

>>1013007
Lobelia's going to share this information with the rest of the team while squinting at the forward horizon, as if those attendance records were posted on a barely-visible road sign.
>>
No. 1013466 ID: afdebc

>Alright, so I am having trouble putting this into words, but I would like to propose is just going in and politely asking to be caught up on the situation and using their unpayed taxes as leverage to push them into helping us if they really don't want to help out and get things back on track.
"Eh, so just go up to the mayor and ask to be filled in? Or... Limani or whoever's actually in charge right now? I guess that works... though they're probably not gonna be honest if they're in the wrong and ran Tellus 'n co out of town.

"...you could probably smooze someone lower down depending on who we hand the prize ship off to? The beastfolk in town looked like the same kind we saw a few days ago too, if they've been fighting pirates, probably looking at some useful gratitude."

>>1013379
"A quarter of the faithful have dropped off the map? Sounds like we got an incident on our hands all right."
>>
No. 1013644 ID: 911880

rolled 2, 8, 1, 6, 5, 3, 9, 3, 6, 8, 6, 2, 5, 8, 7, 2, 1, 8, 10, 10, 2, 3, 3, 6, 6, 2, 9, 9, 8, 9 = 167

With Marisa gone to . . . give aid to their current issue, Ribbons would take this time to go over their little black book. not so much a book of lovers, but of contacts, sorted by area and skills. With a town like this, literally divided by two gods, finding someone who would be in the know of the current drama and gossip between the two. it would act as a basis on the current hot button subject to give a social direction for future information gathering.
>>
No. 1013666 ID: 82be69

rolled 5, 7, 4, 7, 9, 2, 6, 6, 2, 6, 1, 9, 8, 10, 7, 2, 8, 1, 2, 8, 4, 6, 9, 6, 1, 7, 3, 7, 2, 4, 9, 5, 8, 4, 5, 8, 4, 7, 3, 2, 6, 9, 7, 5, 4, 1, 1, 7, 3, 2 = 259

>>1013466
"Sure, she won't want to give us the full story, but we should still get at least half of the story so we can start figuring out what's a lie and what's not. Plus, if she's particularly uncooperative, I want to see if the stories of what I do to tax dodgers has gotten out of here, since I do have some pretty iron clad proof of tax evasion from their half of the town. And beating up an uncooperative god who's too involved in governance rings good from an immaculate angle to boot."
>>
No. 1013667 ID: afdebc

"Well, if you get in somewheres you think we could use a look at after hours, or to see what they get up to when we're not around, you can leave one of these."

Marisa passes out three small, low-quality diamonds, one to Posu, Ribbons and Lobelia. They're attuned to the Gem of the Living Earth in her broomstick's saddlebag, and can be placed as scrying links.
>>
No. 1013921 ID: aa00cd

rolled 1, 5, 10, 6, 7, 5, 8, 9, 3, 7, 2, 5, 5, 10, 7, 5, 8, 4, 3, 5, 3, 1, 6, 3, 7, 1, 8, 6, 1, 8, 6, 1, 1, 5, 2, 1, 7, 6, 5, 9, 6, 10, 5, 4, 7, 1, 4, 9, 8, 10, 8, 7, 5, 7, 8, 1, 10, 6, 9, 3 = 330

The backbreaker comes into port to a formal reception. Stirgefolk catch ropes and help guide the ship into place, led by the nine foot tall liaison who was conversing with limani previously. On your approach, Marisa saw smaller winged individuals spot your ship, and turn back towards town, presumably announcing your presence such that this welcome comity could be formed. In high realm she greets you, although it's clearly heavily accented (and the large proboscis doesn't seem to help her articulation).

"Ah, a visit from the Realm's finest, so soon again! We are a bit out of sorts right now, but I'm sure accommodations could be made to receive you properly! That is- assuming you must not leave immediately? Ah, I forget myself- I am Morose Buonaparte, the new Satrap, although it is not quite yet official. I am assuming you will of course have questions, since I think mademoiselle Ruban was still well and of her faculties when Ironport was last graced by the dragons. So, please, avail us of your questions and let us know what needs you might have met while here!"

If this is going to be social combat, I believe it is going to be mass social combat; there are eleven stirgefolk, led by Buonaparte, and presumably the dragon blooded count as a single unit? Charisma three, presence four capped by socialize four, specialty of courtly graces 2. Appearance one naturally, raised to two via costuming and make up.

>>1013644
As part of the mission prep, Ribbons uncovered that there's a small amount of blue light work that goes on in town. Not more than a dozen people, no formal district or proper establishments, but you definitely have an in there if you want to get honest information out of the common folk.
>>
No. 1013961 ID: cc6fbf

rolled 10, 7, 6, 1, 1, 8, 10, 8, 6, 5, 8, 2, 10, 1, 9, 1, 5, 4, 10, 10, 3, 4, 8, 7, 4, 5, 2, 8, 10, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9, 8, 4, 2, 9, 1, 4, 6, 10, 3, 4, 4, 6, 8, 5, 9, 9 = 302

>>1013921
"While we will hardly be leaving immediately, this trip is far more for business than pleasure. But please, do elaborate more on the previous dragons here, and the issues that your town is facing."

Posu is going to stand at a proper distance for the mortal's sake, and is going to just out and ask for the information they need.
>>
No. 1013974 ID: f57349

rolled 3, 1, 9, 6, 6, 2, 1, 5, 7, 3, 8, 2, 9, 9, 9, 9, 7, 1, 3, 4, 9, 1, 4, 9, 8, 3, 6, 3, 8, 9, 6, 3, 2, 4, 3, 2, 8, 1, 6, 1, 7, 4, 9, 8, 4, 3, 1, 7, 6, 2, 9, 8, 6, 7, 1, 4, 9, 5, 3, 6 = 309

>>1013921
>please, avail us of your questions and let us know what needs you might have met while here!
"There are a few people I'd like to speak to - privately, if possible."
Then I'll list off (in alphabetical order) the names of the ten faithful who are known to be injured, two of the four who recently died, and one selected randomly from those unaccounted-for. Rolling Perception 4 + Investigation 4 to see how Morose Buonaparte reacts to the names. Friends? Strangers? Blackmail-flinch?

If all goes smoothly I'll use the medevac pod to patch up those injuries, prioritizing any life-threatening infections over slower fixes for stable amputees of course, while debriefing them about recent events.
>>
No. 1014007 ID: 911880

rolled 8, 5, 2, 3, 5, 9, 7, 9, 9, 9, 2, 2, 2, 5, 4, 10, 4, 8, 6, 8, 5, 3, 6, 3, 7, 8, 5, 1, 3, 9 = 167

>there's a small amount of blue light work that goes on in town

Loose Bodies, loose coins, loose lips. Plus with the scrying gem handed to them and with Posu seeming to want to do some questioning of the Locals, seemed like the perfect time to gather info in a way that no Dragon could, by relating to the mortals on their level. they smiled as they grabbed Keri's arm, as she waved to the group, her IRA in a more subtle and mundane outfit of ribbons (No app. boosting) as they began to head to the streets.

"Well it seems like Inventory is on hold and official Dragon talks are going on. Allow Keri and I to head into town ahead and make sure we have a place to stay and can accommodate our needs."

And with that, Ribbons headed off to find a Place to call base as well as some Local gossipers, willing to share their opinions on any who would listen.
>>
No. 1014473 ID: 59f01e

rolled 4, 9, 6, 7, 5, 3, 7, 1, 6, 8, 5, 8, 3, 10, 4, 4, 6, 7, 2, 3, 6, 8, 10, 2, 2, 3, 5, 4, 10, 7, 1, 7, 8, 9, 7, 5, 4, 2, 4, 9, 10, 6, 7, 2, 2, 1, 2, 5, 9, 3, 5, 2, 1, 3, 3, 5, 1, 8, 6, 2 = 304

>>1013961
Upon hearing that you're not planning on leaving immediately, Buonaparte nods, listens respectfully, then claps to the dock workers helping to bring your ship in. She and her entourage then stroll through town, walking and talking until you're in somewhat of a town square, where she assists the rest of the stirgefolk assemble a make-shift pavilion with outdoor seating for all to converse at, seemingly wanted to offer you "the appropriate accoutrements for those of your station" even as she admits it's hardly fitting.

"Ironport, despite it's trade, is not a rich town. Obviously we will not be able to live up to the standards of your homes on the blessed ilse, but we can at the very least avoid barbarism. I am far from the court I was raised in, but hard work and rustic scenery do one well even if you lack the luxuries home has given you. If you don't mind me saying, you seem like a woman who knows these facts well. Now, down to business about our others guests. Let's see what records we have here..."

Even as she says this, the pavilion seems to be made from silks and fibers which are not marked as imports or known to be manufactured in town.

>going to just out and ask for the information they need.
What magnitude unit does Posu have behind her? All told the "Satrap" now has twenty six other stirgefolk behind her, and relative magnitude provides a bonus or penalty on the join debate roll I believe.

>>1013974
> Rolling Perception 4 + Investigation 4 to see how Morose Buonaparte reacts to the names. Friends? Strangers? Blackmail-flinch
> 3, 1, 9, 6, 6, 2, 1, 5, 7, 3
Two successes on ten dice, painfully below average. Morose Buonaparte has Manipulation 2, Socialize 4, for a DV of 3 on read motivation I think. Any relevant bonuses or misunderstandings in the formulas that would help make her reaction more clear?

> If all goes smoothly I'll use the medevac pod to patch up those injuries,
She nods, then gestures towards the walls, the shadows of which contain most of the housing.
"Sick, poor, injured- there are many here that stand to have their lives improved by your presence. I intend to do much the same, although my magnanimy will not of course match yours, and be less effective when doing so. If I may request of you though, which I know is not my place, I have requested all folk who are not armed and disciplined to stay indoors for the time being; I know this may reflect poorly upon me, but I have reason to believe cultists would seek to destabilize us. There are those [I]unhappy[I] at the thought of a new Satrap, and rather than air their grievances in public forum or challenge me directly, threaten the manufacturing and well being of the town proper. We are working on rooting them out of the woods, but until we do I would ask you to encourage safe habits in the villagers and look over any whom you need to treat to ensure they are not easy victims."
>>
No. 1014609 ID: 82be69

rolled 1, 4, 3, 6, 8, 6, 7, 1, 4, 10, 5, 8, 4, 1, 7, 8, 5, 1, 5, 1, 5, 1, 5, 10, 10, 6, 1, 8, 1, 9, 8, 10, 2, 5, 6, 4, 7, 6, 2, 10, 1, 3, 9, 4, 5, 6, 10, 1, 3, 5 = 258

>>1014473
> How many people

Considering the people that just left, at most just Marissa. But, I have a better idea than mass social combat.

"I may be more goal oriented than you might be thinking, though I do appreciate the effort nonetheless. Could you please tell your entourage to give us some privacy. This isn't exactly a conversation that I would appreciate more ears than necessary to hear."

Posu makes a gesture as though dismissing them herself while sizing up the Satrap to see if she would refuse a reasonable request like that. And also taking notes of the silks in the Pavilion for further evidence of Tax Fraud if she has to go down that route.
>>
No. 1014666 ID: afdebc

rolled 4, 2, 6, 10, 6, 5, 8, 8, 3, 5, 6, 9, 5, 10, 3, 10, 9, 10, 5, 1, 10, 1, 2, 1, 1, 7, 5, 9, 6, 5 = 172

Having tagged along with Posu, Marisa snags a glass of the offered refreshments (some kind of boozy fruit drink? Doesn't smell too strong) with a satisfied nod to the server, and kicks back on a... sattee or whatever it is, beneath the pavilion shaded from the afternoon sun.

Okay! With the presumption we're starting mass social combat, Marisa rolls Wits 5 + Awareness 3 (Capped by Posu's Socialize 3) + Stunt for Join Debate as a special character taking actions within the social unit Posu is leading. She'll also spend 3m on the Second Awareness Excellency for an autosuccess. Posu + Marisa + Lobelia, as a trio of experienced exalts, are enough for a magnitude 2 social unit in and of themselves.
>>
No. 1014725 ID: 59f01e

rolled 5, 8, 9, 4, 8, 7, 1, 10, 2, 6, 5, 8, 10, 10, 10, 8, 2, 9, 6, 2, 2, 7, 3, 10, 3, 4, 7, 1, 1, 7, 5, 7, 3, 9, 6, 10, 3, 8, 2, 6, 7, 3, 3, 3, 1, 3, 10, 10, 8, 8, 8, 9, 4, 5, 10, 5, 3, 4, 6, 5 = 349

>>1014007
Your knock on the door of one such blue-light house is met with hushed whispers and a deep blush from Kerioth. After some who-is-its and a line of coded poetry, they encourage you to come inside. It's a dark house, mainly lit by candles, with terracotta walls broken up by frescos. A figure half submerged in water, leaning over the side of a ship, a half dozen tree spirits slowly emerging into a grove's clearing, and a moon-lit balcony that paints the observer's perspective to evoke a voyeur, peering through bushes to catch a glimpse of someone drinking red wine.

What appears to be an older couple gesture for you all to make yourselves comfortable, and begin asking questions:
"So, did they letcha into port fine, or were ya snuck in? Are they still out there, brandishing weapons about atcha? Nobody knows where the monk went!"

Ribbons learns it's been two days since the stirgefolk arrived. Apparently one morning, folks woke up, and they were just there. The head immaculate went to liaison with them, but never came back, and then everyone still in town was ordered to hole up and not come out until the streets were safe again. So far there's been no bloodshed anyone knows about, but everyone important seems to have left them to fend for themselves, and most people in town have thought it better not to go against the folks with the point sticks just yet.
>>
No. 1014909 ID: 59f01e

>>1014666
>4, 2, 6, 10, 6, 5, 8, 8, 3, 5,
All together, that's four rolled successes and one auto sux, five total. Relative magnitude is equal, so no penalty or bonuses there.

>>1014473
4, 9, 6, 7, 5, 3, 7, 1, 6, 8
Wits four, awareness four capped by socialize four, giving myself a two dot stunt so we don't slow things down waiting for a rating, four successes.

>>1014609
>1, 4, 3, 6, 8, 6, 7, 1,
Posu has Wits three, Awareness three capped by socialize three, two dot stunt so two successes.

Reaction count has been set- Marisa first acting on tick zero, Buonaparte acting on tick one, and Posu on tick three.

Let's take Marisa's first action in the combat thread!
>>
No. 1015003 ID: f57349

rolled 8, 10, 10, 5, 9, 4, 2, 4, 6, 5, 4, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 8, 1, 4, 2, 1, 9, 10, 6, 1, 1, 8, 3, 6, 8, 3, 3, 3, 6, 6, 5, 8, 1, 9, 10, 1, 9, 8, 6, 9, 7, 8, 4, 3, 3, 3, 8, 9, 7, 4, 8, 6, 8, 4, 4 = 315

>>1013667
Incidentally, before we come ashore, Lobelia's scrying diamond is going to be concealed among the medevac pod's controls, wedged under a pedal in such a way that it would present no obstacle to horizontal flight or ascent, could be easily retrieved with a pair of chopsticks, and won't draw attention by sparkling in the light, but a pilot unaware of that sabotage attempting to return down to earth at anything more than the most minimal speed would be more likely to do a barrel roll and throw themselves out of the seat. Willing to buy up to four successes on a Craft (Lightning) roll with an excellency, and spend willpower on untrained Larceny for the concealment.
>>
No. 1015773 ID: 911880

rolled 6, 4, 2, 4, 9, 7, 6, 4, 8, 6, 9, 10, 3, 8, 5, 8, 8, 10, 9, 4, 8, 8, 8, 1, 1, 8, 8, 4, 5, 8 = 189

>>1014725

Ribbons would listen to their plight nodding as they motioned Keri to Wander around and see what there was and bring back anything he could find whether it be information or a pretty body. Even if this was a trip to gather information, it was a business and it would be rude to not partake. Ribbons would bide their time asking about what was going on before they arrived? any major events or odd happenings? as well as taking a surprise interest that the Head immaculate has gone missing. Asking a bit about them and what has happened to the place he was staying at. Poking and prodding to see what info they could get on this person and see if there are some key locations they could check out for more clues. Even the Fair Folk do not show up suddenly. . . outside of the Wyld that is.
>>
No. 1016224 ID: 59f01e

rolled 9, 6, 6, 10, 3, 8, 7, 3, 3, 7, 4, 9, 7, 3, 1, 1, 3, 8, 10, 8, 3, 1, 3, 9, 3, 9, 9, 6, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 4, 5, 8, 6, 5, 2, 4, 4, 10, 1, 10, 1, 2, 7, 9, 7, 2, 4, 1, 2, 6, 8, 8, 5, 2, 4, 9 = 319

>>1015773
>it was a business and it would be rude to not partake
There seems, perhaps surprisingly to Ribbons, to be some trepidation; the ongoing armed strangers seems to have people prioritizing things other than coin right now.

>asking about what was going on before they arrived
>Int 2, Investigation 2, stunt 2
>6, 4, 2, 4, 9, 7,
The people here are happy to talk to you, hoping for some help, so rather than model a request for information as a social attack, I'm using Int+Investigation to represent understanding the right questions to ask and putting together what exactly their answers mean.

So far, the basics are consistent; the younger dragons arrived, investigating the reports of strange lights and disappearances in the region, which they believed to be caused by anathema. One of the dragons got in an argument with the head monk for failing to uphold the tenants of the faith properly, but beyond some superficial damage to the streets and posturing, nothing actually came of it, and the investigators left shortly afterwards to pinpoint the source of the disappearances. One thing does stand out though- some sailors telling tales they probably shouldn't be mentioned a strange, miniature tornado coming to town shortly after the dragons left. oddly enough, no one was talking about it- apparently it had somehow missed the notice of almost everyone else, otherwise that sort of news would be all over town. As far as they could guess, it seemed to be called by, or responding to, Limani. Given that it did no damage, the sailors assumed it was some sort of weather ritual- keeping the skies clear and safe by siphoning off storm energy. From what you know of the charms spirits possess, Limani would be... unlikely to possess that sort of dramatic localized weather phenomenon.
>>
No. 1016228 ID: 59f01e

rolled 7, 4, 3, 6, 2, 10, 5, 5, 6, 6, 8, 5, 7, 8, 10, 10, 5, 2, 3, 10, 2, 10, 8, 8, 10, 1, 2, 6, 1, 3, 5, 6, 4, 7, 4, 2, 8, 5, 6, 2, 2, 2, 1, 6, 10, 9, 5, 1, 10, 10, 7, 6, 4, 2, 3, 2, 2, 10, 6, 4 = 324

>discord combat channel
So, after a brief meeting between the welcoming committee and our party, the Stirgefolk admit (in an outdated dialect of high-realm) they are outsiders looking to become sanctioned insiders, and are at odds with a group of townsfolk who are hiding out while threatening to harm the town. They guide Agent Lobelia and her compatriots over to the official Satrap's house, who is apparently too sick to uphold her post, and is being quarantined by Morose Buonaparte, the wanna-be replacement Satrap. Allegedly, the townsfolk have been stockpiling iron which is by rights the property of the Empress, and turning it into armaments, furthering Buonaparte's decision that the Satrap is unfit to act, and new leadership should be endorsed by the Realm. However, if she is to lead, then "House Morose" is an unfortunate name, being shared by a "partisan" house which was destroyed three hundred years ago for ties to anathema worship, occult dealings, and necromancy. Despite her ominous name, Buonaparte promises to bring more tribute to the realm by reducing food imports and increasing ironwood exports, through family thaumaturgy that would make Ironwood suitable for crop growth. She also believes her forces can drive away Lintha who may prey on shipping lanes, helping to keep costs of doing business low.

Inside the house of Ruban Écarlate, the infirm Satrap, there is a make-shift airlock, beyond which you find two Stirefolk attendants. They take you to a locked room, outside of which they have cold water and clean cloth. They somewhat nervously step aside, ready for you to enter the room- who's inside, and questions to do ask, if any, before entering Ruban's room? To those who aren't in the Satrap's house, what are you doing?
>>
No. 1016425 ID: aa8cad

rolled 6, 6, 9, 6, 1, 5, 10, 7, 8, 8, 4, 6, 2, 1, 2, 8, 8, 9, 3, 1, 1, 1, 6, 4, 7, 3, 4, 3, 2, 3 = 144

>>1016228
Having already put in the effort of making a good impression, Marisa’s content to leave the slow stodgy questioning of the bat prince and the medical drama to her sworn brothers. Posu's great at this kind of thing and Lobby's a monk, it'll be fine! The air aspect decides it's time for some more hands on Investigatatoring.

What do we have for important looking buildings? Taking to the air, is there a government building? Mayor's mansion? Someplace Buonaparte's been running things out of that's not a sick ward? Maybe guarded by more batfolk? Probably expensive or impressive looking?

Not sure what dice pool is relevant here- maybe simple Perception 3 + Awareness 3, or maybe Perception 3 + Larceny 4 for casing a joint? (If it's either of those, I'm willing to buy an auto-successes with the second Excellency).
>>
No. 1016428 ID: 82be69

rolled 2, 8, 8, 3, 2, 5, 3, 4, 4, 1, 7, 3, 3, 8, 2, 8, 6, 4, 2, 5, 2, 7, 2, 10, 6, 7, 5, 7, 6, 8, 7, 9, 5, 4, 7, 6, 7, 9, 2, 1, 10, 6, 6, 6, 3, 6, 9, 3, 4, 4 = 262

>>1016228
"Alright, well, if you're not interested in just spending the day under casual observation, then please, follow me to my ship so I can begin formal scrutiny of your entire life in exacting detail."

Posu will begin to lead the temporary Satrap in the direction of the Docks. He will not be given a choice about compliance.
>>
No. 1016429 ID: 59f01e

rolled 3, 3, 8, 2, 8, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9, 2, 10, 9, 8, 3, 2, 3, 9, 3, 4, 5, 7, 5, 6, 2, 1, 1, 4, 6, 4, 7, 4, 8, 7, 5, 7, 1, 1, 2, 3, 9, 1, 9, 2, 7, 3, 7, 2, 2, 4, 4, 3, 2, 4, 1, 4, 1, 1, 2, 4 = 272

>>1016425
>What do we have for important looking buildings?
>6, 6, 9, 6, 1, 5, 10, 7, 8
>I'm willing to buy an auto-success
Six successes means you've cased the town about as well as anyone could, and you're liable to know where anything of value is short of supernatural hiding places. That said, while I have a list of important places, it may turn out to be inexhaustive later on.

Main places of interest so far are thus: The docks have a loading crane, valuable and sensitive machinery. If someone wanted to cause a mess, say to distract guards or hurt the town, that'd be a place to do it. Lining the shore are salterns, used to precipitate out iron-salt, which the demense naturally produces. Those are earthen so they're easier to fix and harder to muck up, less ideal for a thief trying to cause chaos. Could make for a good drop point though, especially if you've got an aerial view and production is shut down due to marshal law. Just make sure anything you want to pick up later is appropriately sealed so as not to get corroded by the sun and salt.

Surrounded by a second inner wall encircling the highest point in the village, you've got a bloomery attached to a smithy, a barracks for militia, a "town hall" for public meetings and record storage, a small fort with a watch tower to retreat up, the immaculate temple, and the Satrap's house. Buonapatre first met you in the now-empty market square, along the docks, and then led you to a makeshift pavilion outside the town hall, which seems to be her main base of operations. As she leaves with Posu, her lackeys disperse. About twenty are on the main walls, another twenty are in the smithy, two are outside the Satrap's house, another five or so cleaning up and re-shelving records, ten are attending her as she heads towards the boat, and thirty or so are on the docks- some talking with members or your crew, some playing games in the market or fishing, hauling goods, etc. About seventy who are noticeable. Most seem to be armed with spears and woven nets, and about half of them are smaller, with flight-capable wings.

Smithy and docks have a couple tons of trade goods- ironwood, armor and weapons, etc. Probably nothing much there that interests Marisa. The two "richest" people in town are going to be the two playing at Satrap, meaning if you want boring stuff like wine or maybe some noble's seal for signing with the authority of the empress, the Ruban's house or the Town hall are the places to hit.
You've heard though, that the head immaculate had a funny looking staff, and that she might not have been playing by the rules. If the temple had one artifact, they might have other reliquaries. Stealing from the order might not be looked favorably upon by some of Maria's current associates though, even if the locals are acting up. Still, if it turns out there's some sort of cult worshiping a Yozi artifact (after all, transgressions are a slippery slope), then you'd only be doing your duty making sure that got confiscated, right?
>>
No. 1016430 ID: 59f01e

rolled 2, 7, 9, 4, 6, 10, 8, 3, 5, 8, 1, 1, 6, 5, 10, 4, 5, 7, 6, 3, 7, 2, 6, 5, 9, 7, 1, 10, 10, 5, 9, 5, 10, 10, 10, 2, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 4, 8, 3, 9, 10, 6, 10, 5, 1, 1, 2, 10, 9, 8, 2, 6, 1, 1, 6 = 329

>>1016428
>2, 8, 8, 3, 2, 5, 3, 4, 4,
Calling this Int+Investigation to gather dirt. Buonapart has pretty good socialize, meaning she's got a DV against her motivation being read that's higher than two- without magic, it's hard to tell how much of the information you've gotten out of her is accurate.

She was born to a wealthy socialite, as part of a large family- she was special though, along with three of her siblings. Groomed for leadership, she learned the art of trade early on as their mobile estate traveled across the edges of the Wyld. She gestures to her not-quite-natural appearance, and explains that over time, generations close creation's borders left their bodies somewhat unnaturally twisted, although thankfully their minds managed to remain untouched. In time the Morose court left her in charge of securing resources for her family- currently her mother and siblings are working on raising a castle sunken into a swamp, and turning the rich fertile land into a defensible and productive estate. Iron will be helpful for that- strong wood, resistant to rot, and tools, armor, fixtures, all such manner of things are of course valuable to have. As Satrap, she plans to increase production to the point that both the realm and her estate can have their fair share of taxes from the land- the realm of course earning the lions share. She shows you the yield estimates they have planned out, the costs they can cut growing more food, the deals she thinks she can get to improve trade prices by discouraging Lintha, and, at first glance it seems legitimate. It's perhaps a generous estimate on her part, certainly not low balling the numbers to proof for drought and disease and the like, but you're a keen enough bureaucrat to know that if she can do what she says, production will increase, enough to make up for lost tribute and then some. Main question is whether or not you can trust them not to take the money and run- she is clearly interested in having a buisness relationship with the realm, and while excessively polite and courtly, she lacks the fire, the vigor, the education, of a true immaculate faithful. Her answers are those of someone who has had the text of books read to them, such that she learns not to offend, as if the faith is the same as a simple curtsy or the kiss of a hand. Installing a patrician you trust, perhaps with a geas, would probably be enough to monitor loyalty, or perhaps a demon bound to report back to you and tell the truth of things. Instructions that if your agents fail to contact you the Satrap will be presumed hostile and killed are of course a given.

When questioned about the other members of the court of Morose, Buonaparte is more than willing to guide your ship to the estate- it's only two or three days by boat, she says, in an island off the coast.
>>
No. 1016447 ID: 82be69

rolled 10, 1, 1, 9, 3, 9, 4, 2, 8, 10, 1, 5, 5, 9, 1, 7, 5, 6, 10, 9, 5, 6, 2, 2, 7, 7, 4, 1, 1, 5, 9, 8, 3, 6, 7, 2, 4, 8, 5, 5, 7, 6, 3, 9, 9, 9, 4, 2, 6, 7 = 274

>>1016430
"Oh no, there won't be a need to go there personally. At least, not yet. But I do have plenty of questions, about them and about the existing relationship you already have with the town.

"To start with, I'd like to ask you to go over your entire notable family tree, going back to the founders of it. After all, not every family can be so old as to become wandering and have a derelict castle.

"Secondly, you mentioned before that the Lintha were supposed to meet up with a guest of the court, so you were sent instead. Since you were sent by house Morose, what relations do they have with the Lintha that would make them think to send a representative to meet with an envoy from them, and why exactly are you not pleased with the total eradication of an entire storied Lintha crew?"

"And a final question for this round, please elaborate on everything you have currently done in town and how you came to the position you're currently in, and since you mentioned the port god Limani in regards to my questions regarding the previous circle of Exalts, what kind of relationship do you have with her and Tellus Dasos?"

Posu sat, relatively in line with the Princeling, given that Posu had a chair actually meant for someone of her stature, while the giant bat had a normal person sized chair. Her voice cold as the ocean depths and almost disappointed sounding as she rasped her fingers on the table as she overlooked the plans.

Buying a maxed out 1st Investigation Excellency.
>>
No. 1016472 ID: 59f01e

rolled 6, 3, 2, 3, 8, 8, 4, 4, 4, 8, 10, 2, 6, 10, 8, 7, 10, 7, 10, 9, 10, 1, 6, 7, 9, 10, 9, 4, 5, 2, 8, 8, 10, 9, 7, 8, 7, 9, 2, 9, 1, 6, 10, 10, 8, 7, 4, 7, 1, 8, 10, 3, 3, 7, 6, 6, 1, 2, 7, 2 = 378

>>1016447
>10, 1, 1, 9, 3, 9, 4, 2, 8, 10, 1, 5, 5, 9,
Okay, Int 4, Investigation 4, Excellency 4, stunt 2, for 8 successes total, just above average.

> entire notable family tree, going back to the founders of it
Our family tree goes back roughly two hundred and eighty years when dispossessed wealthy elite from the realm were struck by disaster and left homeless. They learned to wander and trade with the wyld, which I realize is not proper immaculate business, but I hope you can trust my earnest proclamation that I understand I am an outsider at your mercy; it will be my every endeavor to be the model citizen of the realm. I would prefer to be able to trade with denizens of the wyld or the guild should the opportunity arise, and I believe freedom to do so at my discretion would make the town more prosperous should such opportunities arise, but I would also prefer my skull remain uncrushed, so I can work within the proper constraints.

Posu recognizes the timeline to know that Buonaparte may hail from descendants of House Morose who fled after the disaster. It's possible they were innocents who had no where to go after the destruction of their house- after all, not everyone was slaughtered. If they were cultists who escaped however, rogue demons, spirits, or other anathema may be part of her lineage.

>Lintha were supposed to meet up with a guest of the court
Ah, let me elaborate- a current guest of Hose Morose revealed to us they planned to meet with a Lintha trading vessel. Since they were indisposed, I sent my troops to parley instead. As I am endeavoring to ensure this area is safe and unbothered by the sea-born pests, I thought it best to open the door for negotiations. A show of force, if you will, convincing them to turn keel and sail elsewhere, or, if that failed to work, I had my kin armed with tools for sabotage. I understand the pirates such as they are do not warrant a light touch, but as aware as you are of the power disparity between us, I do not have the might to simply slaughter them wholesale. My dismay is only at the fact that you did not mention any of my fellows being present, and since none have returned, I fear some terrible fate has befallen them.

>please elaborate on everything you have currently done in town
Well, Limani was made aware of my presence and intentions before we stepped foot in town. He ensured that our arrival did not cause undo panic or concern. We met with the head of the local chapter, who wanted to evaluate us as a threat, much the same as you, and was escorted safely to the home estate. They were preparing for a great feast, so it may be a week or two before she returns from our hospitality, but she is free to leave any time. Unfortunately, be it from stress or some underlying illness she kept hidden, Ruban Écarlate shortly began some unholy vomiting and fever, and Tellus Dasos accused me of foul play, saying Limani was plotting to kill him and had hired outside help. I had no such intentions, but the paranoid fool took some loyal followers to the woods and have hidden themselves away somewhere near the heart of the demense, threatening to poison it. If they damage the saw mills we can repair such things, but should they have some method to disrupt geomancy as quickly as they claim, then it is imperative we find them and ensure such a thing is prevented- I'm sure you understand what losing this demense would mean for Ironport, as they have no other trade besides the boons it provides. Even if it doesn't result in a catastrophic loss of life immediately, it would surely grant the town and it's residents a slow death. I do however believe he is bluffing, and have troops searching for their hiding place in the woods as we speak.

Scent-of-Crime Method doesn't return any guilt over the actions she's speaking to- that of course does not mean she's not guiltly of anything, just that she hasn't done much to violate her motivation or intimacies.
>>
No. 1016478 ID: 82be69

rolled 2, 6, 1, 3, 9, 7, 5, 6, 1, 8, 2, 7, 6, 8, 1, 9, 5, 6, 8, 2, 6, 5, 4, 2, 10, 1, 2, 9, 8, 1, 8, 2, 9, 9, 2, 8, 5, 3, 2, 4, 9, 2, 3, 2, 10, 1, 1, 6, 9, 1 = 246

>>1016472
"Alright, so at this point, it's perhaps best to sum up about where you stand. Here before me sits a man with a family name and history that matches up exactly with a family executed with prejudice for worshiping Anathema and the sworn enemies of Creation in the undead.

"You show up shortly after a number of Dragon Blooded hunting for a Necromancy using Anathema go missing with plans for revitalizing the town under your new leadership to benefit your potentially excommunicated family, and the previous leader indisposed shortly after you arrive at which point you unilaterally take control much to the protests of at least a significant number of the town's population to such a degree that they would be willing to destroy their own town to oust you, and one of your only major actions as unofficial leader has been to send your own kinsmen on what couldn't possibly have been more obviously a suicide mission if you had even a passing knowledge of Lintha tactics.

"Does that about sum up everything that you've claimed so far?"
>>
No. 1016512 ID: afdebc

rolled 4, 2, 9, 7, 8, 2, 7, 1, 10, 1, 9, 10, 1, 10, 5, 9, 7, 6, 8, 1, 10, 5, 6, 3, 3, 10, 1, 8, 8, 7, 4, 3, 1, 8, 2, 5, 5, 1, 5, 10, 9, 10, 5, 1, 10, 5, 4, 3, 4, 7, 7, 7, 6, 10, 5, 1, 5, 2, 7, 10, 2, 4, 3, 6, 6, 1, 9, 10, 3, 5 = 389

>>1016429
Right, not headed to Ruban's home, as Lobby's already got that covered and it's be-plagued to boot.

Let's raid Buonapatre's office, see if there's anything incriminating or important laying around. Marisa's going to mosey into a nearby building, head up to the second storey or roof (depending on how tall it is), and then when the coast looks clear, glide across and break in through the second floor. People don't have a good track record when it comes to looking up, even when they're bats. (Heck, bats don't have a good record for looking at things at all!).

So that's probably several actions in sequence, including spending 2m on Observer Awareness Method to time gliding across when no one is looking, (Dexterity 5 + Stealth 2) to establish stealth, (Dexterity 5 + Ride 5 + Specialty 3) plus two auto-success from the Gem of the Flight Zone for piloting, and possibly a (Dexterity 5 + Larceny 4) roll to bypass a lock (if needed), using Naked Thief Style if necessary to produce tools (and +2 dice) and the Second Larceny Excellency for an autosuccess.
>>
No. 1016514 ID: 59f01e

rolled 9, 7, 7, 3, 7, 6, 4, 3, 5, 6, 7, 7, 10, 5, 2, 1, 3, 8, 3, 6, 4, 7, 10, 4, 4, 3, 6, 9, 3, 4, 10, 8, 10, 4, 7, 5, 2, 1, 1, 9, 2, 8, 5, 4, 8, 5, 5, 8, 4, 10, 9, 2, 2, 6, 6, 6, 1, 7, 1, 5 = 324

>>1016478
>your own kinsmen on what couldn't possibly have been more obviously a suicide mission if you had even a passing knowledge of Lintha tactics

While initially she was waiting patiently, ready to rebuff your claims, at this she begins to boil. She rises, fast, knocking the offensively small chair over and throws at your desk.

"What do you know of my bond with my men? Of the tactics we have used, the preparations we have made? This town is graced by thieving bureaucrats and the cults of unruly gods, but the only thing you see fit to focus on is my parenthood? I doubt you have even read the Thousand Correct Actions of the Upright Soldier! Yet you insult my leadership, claim I care not for those under my command? I know your kind, knight of the Realm, so obsessed with the power you contain alone that you will never stop once to think of the land and the sea and the weight of the thousand footsteps a marching army brings to them. You will meditate, and train, because how else could you accomplish great things? The mountaintop exists as a climb to hone your body and mind, the time others are suffering must be sacrificed so [i]you[i/] may grow stronger and do great deeds. For who else will do them? You of course are the only hero in your story, the only righteous mind. Very well then- from your iron cage, with your great hours of labor, deliver judgement upon me. You, who's toil is in reputation and self aggrandizement. I am a corpse talking to you, so name your contest. I will show you how I lead my men, how I understand my enemy.

Mechanically, choosing not to suppress valor after being insulted, then giving Posu the equivalent of a glove slap to the face, telling her either to kill her where she stands for daring to speak back to a dragon, or otherwise to challenge her to some contest of your choosing and let her prove her worth.
>>
No. 1016626 ID: 59f01e

rolled 5, 3, 1, 4, 8, 8, 9, 6, 4, 9, 4, 10, 5, 3, 3, 9, 9, 3, 5, 2, 5, 8, 7, 2, 6, 2, 7, 1, 1, 5, 7, 5, 5, 6, 9, 6, 1, 10, 7, 6, 9, 7, 2, 5, 3, 5, 5, 2, 7, 2, 10, 3, 6, 8, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1, 6 = 307

>>1016512
>4, 2, 9, 7, 8, 2, 7, 1,
stealth four successes
>10, 1, 9, 10, 1, 10, 5, 9, 7, 6, 8, 1, 10, 5,
An unparalleled fourteen successes on fourteen dice for ride- not sure really what sort of reward to give out for a critical success on "Fly into building" but I'm if you've got any good ideas I'm open to hearing them
>6, 3, 3, 10, 1, 8, 8, 7, 4, 3, 1, 8, 2,
Seven successes on your larceny roll
5, 5, 1, 5, 10, 9, 10,
And that's int two, occult five, no stunt for identifying the good stuff- still five successes though, which is plenty to recognize most anything.

The town hall is a mess of papers strewn about the place with two scribes working to document things and about a half dozen trying to clear storage space and re-organize. It's almost trivial for Marisa to slip about the place looking for any incriminating evidence, and for anything particularly useful. They've got a fair handful of alchemical supplies- blood staunching compresses, bright morning, some other drugs that are probably home-brewed. Wards against particular types of violence and detection, seeds to be planted, even some freshwater pearls by the looks of things. Marisa is slightly amused to see vials she recognizes from various... "encounters", with Alice- they animate rope, allowing you to command it for a short time. Lots of fun shenanigans you remember using that particular trick for.

Two things really catch your eyes- amongst the general supplies of plants and other organic imports they've brought, are chakra orchids. Jars of lizards sealed tight with wax have multi-colors blooms growing from their bodies. If those are meant to be released here, that would be a serious issue- it would almost certainly render the town unusable for their stated purposes. The second is a two foot long jade cord, the make of which you've borrowed from Alice before- a sorcery capturing cord. It's knotted, implying a spell is actively inside it currently, which implies the new kids on the block may have access to spell casters.

Anything on the list here and more would be trivial for Marisa to take- I can write up a list for you later if you want to rob the place blind. Main question is where she stows anything she takes.
>>
No. 1016633 ID: 35b44b

rolled 5, 9, 7, 1, 8, 3, 7, 3, 9, 7, 6, 9, 8, 3, 7, 5, 6, 1, 7, 9, 4, 7, 1, 6, 4, 2, 4, 1, 9, 4, 10, 7, 7, 1, 10, 5, 6, 8, 4, 9, 10, 5, 1, 7, 8, 10, 8, 5, 7, 6 = 296

>>1016514
"An excellent strategy undermines an enemy’s plans so that the enemy is too amazed to
fight. A good strategy damages an enemy’s alliances so that the enemy is alone and surrounded
by hostility, too afraid to fight. A fair strategy forces a confrontation between the army and the
enemy’s army in hopes that the enemy will be too injured and weakened to fight. A poor strategy sees the army lay siege to the enemy’s sturdiest cities in the vain assumption that the enemy will be too tired and demoralized to fight.

"The Lintha would never dream of negotiating when theft is on the table, and much like most heretical cults the only language they respect is overwhelming power.

"Further, I've already challenged you and you've already failed by falling into a rage so easily. After all, it's not enough to be as read on philosophies as you clearly are if you can't embody them in the face of adversity."
>>
No. 1016636 ID: 35b44b

rolled 5, 1, 7, 5, 4, 8, 4, 5, 9, 10, 6, 3, 10, 7, 10, 4, 10, 3, 7, 9, 7, 3, 10, 2, 6, 6, 7, 6, 10, 3, 1, 8, 3, 10, 8, 2, 10, 2, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 9, 7, 9, 6, 2, 4, 7 = 302

> She rises, fast, knocking the offensively small chair over and throws at your desk.

I missed that, Posu will also catch the chair firmly yet forcefully.

"But, you wanted judgement? My judgement is thus, learn to rule yourself before you ask for the honor of ruling others."

From a mechanics perspective, answering the most direct real insult in there by directly quoting the Thousand Actions of the Upright Soldier, and not surprising Temperance in order to give as ultimately fair a judgement as possible.

Probably best modeled as a compulsion effect to calm down and reflect over why she sprang into action.
>>
No. 1016656 ID: afdebc

rolled 9, 1, 10, 4, 3, 4, 7, 5, 6, 3, 10, 5, 5, 3, 5, 7, 9, 6, 3, 9, 10, 10, 1, 8, 10, 6, 3, 2, 8, 10 = 182

>>1016626
>bright morning
Ooh! One crime for Posu.

>Marisa is slightly amused to see vials she recognizes from various... "encounters", with Alice- they animate rope, allowing you to command it for a short time. Lots of fun shenanigans you remember using that particular trick for.
Alice's a puppeteer, she's good with rope! Also, good for you, buggy-boys.

...let's "borrow" one of those vials, into the saddlebags it goes. (Dexterity 5 + Larceny 4, if needed).

>chakra orchids. Jars of lizards sealed tight with wax have multi-colors blooms growing from their bodies. If those are meant to be released here, that would be a serious issue- it would almost certainly render the town unusable for their stated purposes
...oof. That's not the funny kind of crime, that's the kind of thing that wipes out whole towns at once. Nasty. Hopefully they brought in this stuff as a last resort against walking dead, 'cause if Buggy B. plans to use this in his silly little civil conflict, someone is due a master spark.

>The second is a two foot long jade cord, the make of which you've borrowed from Alice before- a sorcery capturing cord. It's knotted, implying a spell is actively inside it currently, which implies the new kids on the block may have access to spell casters.
Stars in her eyes, Marisa gleefully snatches up the sorcerous artifact, and begins squirreling it away under the pleats of her outfit. Who'd have thought the bats would have the good stuff! Truly, her devotion to the mission has been rewarded. She'll have to examine it later, see if she can identify the magic it's got tied up.

>what do
So, about that mission... what about getting a look at some of that mess of papers? If Elemental Concentration Trance allows you to get a week's studying done in a day, that's a sevenfold speedup, and she's only got so much time in here. A quick look to see if there's any useful from when the missing Brotherhood passed through town, or information or the necromancer, or maybe just what the heck the stirges are planning with this feud against their woodlands neighbors.

I'm guessing trying to find some information in a pile of records under time pressure would be (Wits 5 + Lore 4), though by Academic Knowledge rules, being in a rush increases the difficulty.
>>
No. 1016841 ID: 911880

rolled 3, 2, 4, 2, 6, 10, 3, 10, 4, 9, 10, 1, 7, 2, 2, 2, 9, 4, 5, 1, 9, 8, 6, 10, 1, 10, 4, 5, 8, 1 = 158

>>1016224

With everyone here seeming to be on edge, Ribbons will take up a role of impromptu care taker and begin to brew up a simple setting of tea to help ease them and show Compassion to their worries. As each beat is mentioned, Ribbon would quite literally jot it down on a sheet of parchment; summarizing the main points. Dragons came to investigate lights, got in an argument with the head monk before they head off to investigate the disappearances. noting the sighting of a controlled twister being spotted.

"Oh Keri Hun. Can you be a Dear and deliver this note to the others, unsure what they could use it for but it seems like some points they should be aware of."

they gave their companion a good luck kiss on the cheek before turning to the others.

"Hopefully the gang can get this town back in order, but for now, i think I may want to speak with those that worked under the missing Monk. care to tell me were he preached at or any acolytes he might have had?" Ribbons would ask, trying to find the location of his church to do some investigating.
>>
No. 1017010 ID: 59f01e

rolled 10, 1, 4, 10, 8, 9, 6, 5, 3, 5, 9, 5, 2, 5, 3, 6, 5, 8, 7, 8, 3, 10, 1, 4, 6, 10, 8, 6, 3, 6, 10, 2, 8, 3, 6, 1, 2, 9, 10, 5, 9, 8, 1, 6, 6, 4, 4, 6, 5, 1, 3, 2, 9, 10, 9, 1, 5, 3, 2, 5 = 331

>>1016636
Since I apparently forgot to write what she threw at you here, I want to be clear she was meant to be throwing a wig, not a chair.

>>1016633
As Posu fails to crush her skull for speaking out of turn, Buonaparte will in turn spend 1wp to suppress valor, making the most of the opportunity she's being given to collect herself.

>Further, I've already challenged you and you've already failed by falling into a rage so easily. After all, it's not enough to be as read on philosophies as you clearly are if you can't embody them in the face of adversity.

It takes a few moments before she speaks- moving slowly, so as not to cause alarm, she gingerly picks up her wig from the desk, clenching it tight to her side. Breathing deeply and evenly, she does her best not to speak through clenched teeth, standing at attention without meeting Posu's gaze.
"...I took great offense at the assertion I would throw away the lives of those who have placed their trust in my command. Still, I should not have reacted such. Please allow me to retreat to the town hall, where I will take time to organize my thoughts and write you a formal apology, rebuttal, and request. I understand you wish to observe me- perhaps you can simply scy or leave a ward upon my writing desk? I would also submit to bondage or being confined with the halls via locks."

As she says this, you hear a hesitant knock at the door.

N-note, from your assistant, your e-e-excellency."

Mechanically that's voluntarily allowing the social attack with keyword emotion effect to calm her down, convincing her to suppress valor. Then, making a social attack of her own, asking to be allowed time alone so she can speak to you via writing. That's Charisma 4, Presence 4, and stunt. Appearance 1 for MDV modifiers, now that she's begun removing some of her appearance boosting make-up. Person on the other side of the door also probably counts as making a social attack, which I can get the numbers for if you feel it's important.

>>1016656
>A quick look to see if there's any useful from when the missing Brotherhood passed through town, or information or the necromancer, or maybe just what the heck the stirges are planning with this feud against their woodlands neighbors.
>Elemental Concentration Trance allows you to get a week's studying done in a day, that's a sevenfold speedup,
>though by Academic Knowledge rules, being in a rush increases the difficulty.
I'll say those last two mostly cancel each other out. You rolled...
> 9, 1, 10, 4, 3, 4, 7, 5, 6, 3, 10
Six successes.
Most of the paperwork here is town archives. Genealogical records of who begat who, property lines and deeds, that sort of thing. They're filing away paperwork that they brought out for your visit, which mainly seems to be records of everything your predecessors would have asked for, looking at trade and maps of the area and such. One thing that does stand out to you however, is that they've got a great many maps and prayer calendars out- trying to see where people live in order to pinpoint the rebels, it seems. They've got one half buried with some tokens on it- seems to be a representation of two "units", crossing off locations they've searched. Your guess is they've got armed parties scouring the woods right now, maybe 10-40 people depending on how they organize command.

>>1016841
The locals will gladly give you directions to the Immaculate temple in town. If you want any to come with you, let me know and we can model it as a social attack, facing penalties from trying to convince someone to put themself in harms way. So, going alone to the temple, staying here/near other housing to collect more intel, or going to meet up with someone else in your crew?
>>
No. 1017026 ID: a0b9de

rolled 7, 8, 8, 9, 3, 6, 6, 3, 10, 1, 4, 8, 1, 8, 5, 9, 7, 1, 8, 6, 4, 10, 1, 8, 3, 10, 2, 4, 1, 9, 3, 7, 3, 7, 6, 3, 5, 9, 2, 6, 1, 2, 5, 3, 7, 6, 6, 10, 3, 1 = 265

>>1017010
"Given your personal concerns with the present state of the town, the fact that the actual satrap is presently indisposed, and the ongoing political crisis, as the acting representative of House Ragara I am relieving you of your present position of satrap pro tempore for the time being and assuming personal legislative and judicial control of the Satrapy for the time that we will be here for the purpose of flushing out the obvious corruption that you mentioned. I expect your full cooperation, and you are dismissed."

Posu will open the door herself to allow the messenger in. She may not understand the significance of the light show, never having delved particularly beyond a layman's understanding of magic and spirits. But, since the Immaculate Order has been a constant point of note, that seems like the next most logical route to take, both to get evidence of supposed heresies for Lobelia, get more information regarding the argument that was had, and finding out more about the light show mentioned in the note from Ribbons.
>>
No. 1017067 ID: afdebc

rolled 4, 10, 10, 8, 10, 10, 1, 8, 3, 8, 5, 1, 5, 1, 7, 5, 7, 9, 9, 10 = 131

>>1017010
Time to pack it in. Marisa's going to carefully knab the bottles of deadly-plant-zombies, and pack them in her saddlebags, along with her alchemical kit (best way to make sure they don't accidentally break is to pack them with the stuff she already has for transporting glassware). She'll also hide a diamond on-sit in case she wants to check on the place with scrying later, but for now, it's time to leave.

Dexterity 5 + Larceny 4, if needed, for the theft.

Once clear, the air aspect is going to drop stealth, and fly off to the salterns. Anyone watching might be confused to see the witch fly up in full facemask, land, and then deposit several small bottles on the salted earth. Confusion which would quickly transmute to fear and an impulse to be elsewhere as she began to conjure a massive fireball. Further away, confusion would once again reign, as townsfolk and militia members begin to wonder why something just exploded at the edge of town.

Once that incident is averted, Marisa will doff her safety equipment, and zoom back to town, aiming to intercept Ribbons. (It's an Essence 4 roll to tap into the location function of Sworn Brother's Oath). Assuming she finds the godblood, the air aspect will pull-up mid-air and, grinning, offer her a hand.

"Wanna lift? I found some trouble to gate-crash."
>they've got a great many maps and prayer calendars out- trying to see where people live in order to pinpoint the rebels, it seems. They've got one half buried with some tokens on it- seems to be a representation of two "units", crossing off locations they've searched. Your guess is they've got armed parties scouring the woods right now, maybe 10-40 people depending on how they organize command.
>>
No. 1017522 ID: 59f01e

rolled 6, 7, 8, 2, 8, 7, 5, 3, 4, 9, 10, 3, 3, 9, 10, 4, 9, 8, 5, 1, 3, 9, 3, 4, 2, 3, 5, 2, 4, 9, 7, 3, 2, 3, 7, 2, 3, 9, 8, 8, 4, 4, 2, 9, 7, 9, 10, 5, 6, 1, 10, 6, 2, 9, 5, 10, 9, 7, 6, 4 = 342

>>1017026
The first thing you notice about the immaculate temple is that it is built more like a fort than a place of worship. Low and square, hewn from ferrous sandstone and lined with slit windows which are currently all seemingly covered from the inside.
Your knock at the door is met by the voice of a cautious older woman- when you explain who you are and what you're doing though, you hear a gruff "harumph" and the sounds of heavy scraping wood.
"Well don't just stand there- or do you want the dragons to kick in our doors, hm? Yes! You'll have more than splinters to worry about soon if you can't get off your rear and move the barricade."
When the door finally swings open, the woman before you is short with close cut grey hair. She eyes you up and down, hands on her hips, before turning swiftly and moving deeper inside. The walls are lined with people on blankets huddled together, cookware and pots laid out amongst the families. Looks like folks crammed in here when martial law was initially declared, and barricaded the entrances. The old woman seems to expect you to follow her, and eventually ends her angry march by grabbing the ear of a young boy dressed in the garb of a first coil monk.
"Ow- owowow I'm moving! Please miss, I can't keep my balance if you're goi- woaoh!"
The end of his sentence is punctuated by a thud as he trips and ends up in a heap at your feet, sucking in air through his teeth. He rubs the spot where he hits the ground, seemingly not realizing who you are, while the older woman begins to berate you.
"So, this is what the isle gives us? I eat gruel and work my hands to the bone and the best we get is a disappearing act and a boy who would rather use us as shields or have us eat old shoes in the dark than face bandits and actually stand up for us? Your lousy excuse for a temple is a tomb you, you, you tin can! We have wee babs who suckle less! What good is protection if our tithe is giving up the iron we could use to protect ourselves? Huh? You come to rob us and leave the barons in the woods and on the sea to come grab what's left? Well? Speak up you hunk of metal! I don't have a second lifetime to wait around for you good-for-nothing islanders to decide we're worth the trouble of making good on your promises!"
The end of her sentence is punctuated by the sound of an explosion coming from the docks.

>>1017067
After incinerating the Chakra Orchids, Marisa heads off into the forest, looking to make the hunters into the hunted. Trying to find people amongst the ironwoods is somewhat more difficult- the ground is hard and leaves fewer tracks. Branches bend break less often, and bark is harder to scratch. Still the fine leaves do crumble and deform, and Marisa can cover a lot of ground very quickly. Seems like a search roll of this nature could use Awareness, Survival, or War- not sure if lowest or highest would be better, so for now I'll give Marisa the benefit of the doubt.

Perception 3, Awareness 3, stunt 2,
> 4, 10, 10, 8, 10, 10, 1, 8,
is a stunning ten successes on eight dice. Marisa (and maybe Ribbons, I'll leave that up to Tobigoodboi) sees a party of ten stirgefolk, armed and dangerous, carrying a roughly body-sized lump rolled up in a canvass. Five of them are walking on the ground back towards town, swathed in chain and carrying spears. Five are small, flying and hopping amongst the tree branches, carrying nets.
>>
No. 1017545 ID: 82be69

rolled 8, 6, 3, 10, 5, 1, 6, 2, 7, 2, 7, 6, 10, 3, 7, 3, 1, 9, 3, 1, 7, 6, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 3, 4, 9, 6, 2, 8, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 6, 8, 1, 9, 6, 3, 3, 4, 6, 7, 5, 4 = 231

>>1017522
Posu calmly listened to the entire rant, entirely unphazed.

"Given that I've only been here on this island for the last few hours and have relieved the unwanted help from the office of Satrap, please do elaborate on what issues this town has been facing from the perspective of the peasantry over the last decade, specifically with how they inform the last 5 years worth of problems, and then how all of that informs the last month of problems."

Posu pulls an oversized clipboard for note taking that was clearly designed for her bigger and far stronger hands, and clearly not made of normal wood when it didn't shatter from Posu's grip at the sound of the explosion. Clearly, today was going to be a busy day.

"I will also need to speak to the actual Head Monk here regarding a disagreement that the previous circle of Dragon Blooded had with regards to how the Immaculate Order has been operating here and the subpar standard of reporting supernatural phenomena if the information I have been given is correct, and the delegative system under the Satrap worked so I can know who needs to be pruned from the system."
>>
No. 1017559 ID: 911880

rolled 3, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 8, 1, 9, 3, 8, 4, 3, 8, 5, 8, 4, 7, 8 = 107

>>1017067
>"Wanna lift? I found some trouble to gate-crash."

Ribbons was taken aback at the sudden fly by off, looking down the street they were walking, back to the ride and shrugged.

"We talking the Punchy Kind or the Need an androgynous Sexyman to talk?"

no matter the answer, Ribbons was on board,taking the offered hand to climb aboard. Ribbons may have Skills in Riding things Broom like, but how well and more importantly how well looking they can with an actual broom may be up to fate. (Fancy wording for if i need to roll to stay mounted, how well is up to my poor dice pool)
>>
No. 1017887 ID: f57349

rolled 5, 10, 2, 6, 7, 3, 6, 8, 2, 10, 5, 6, 3, 8, 6, 8, 9, 6, 9, 10, 7, 6, 4, 9, 10, 2, 3, 5, 9, 3, 10, 8, 1, 8, 1, 4, 6, 7, 6, 4, 10, 6, 4, 4, 8, 9, 4, 3, 1, 9, 3, 7, 4, 1, 4, 2, 4, 6, 4, 5 = 340

I'm going to go to where the former (pre-stirgefolk-invasion) satrap is, figure out whatever's medically wrong with them, and fix it, using the medevac pod if necessary.
>>
No. 1017925 ID: f57349

rolled 9, 9, 4, 3, 9, 4, 1, 10, 5, 1, 1, 5, 5, 8, 5, 1, 5, 8, 8, 2, 5, 6, 4, 10, 6, 1, 10, 7, 2, 10, 8, 2, 4, 10, 3, 8, 7, 5, 4, 7, 10, 10, 5, 10, 6, 8, 7, 4, 5, 3, 7, 1, 8, 10, 5, 7, 1, 3, 10, 3 = 345

Breaking that down into more specific actions, first I'm going to ask those attendants about the patient's symptoms and treatment history, and requisition the largest washtub readily available, then I'm going to go in through the airlock to observe the patient myself and do a diagnosis action boosted with the Second Medicine Excellency, and a mundane search of the room (investigation-based Examine Scene action) to see if there are any mislabeled bottles of poison or other hidden oddities lying around. Also, pacing out room sizes and relative positions, and if necessary rearranging furniture, to figure out appropriate landing spots for the medevac pod. If anyone asks, mumble something about "geomantic harmony."

Assuming the medical problem can't be fixed with what I've got in my pockets, seal the airlock temporarily with Thrice-Warded Gateway, walk back outside, and tug on Destiny-Knitting Entanglement to retrieve the medevac pod - possibly by means of somebody trying to take it for a joyride and plummeting down onto me when they try the pedal to descend. Simplest fix may be if that hypothetical rowdy teen rammed it straight on through the too-narrow front door of the gubernatorial mansion, since that would let it reach this more spacious interior without me needing to visibly cause any property damage or use Mirror-Shattering Method around witnesses. Could rescue such an unauthorized pilot using Trouble-Reduction Strategy + Duck Fate.
>>
No. 1018373 ID: 59f01e

rolled 3, 7, 10, 6, 6, 4, 6, 6, 5, 2, 6, 5, 5, 9, 7, 10, 5, 6, 3, 8, 8, 4, 6, 10, 5, 6, 7, 2, 7, 4, 8, 6, 1, 3, 6, 5, 6, 10, 1, 6, 5, 6, 7, 4, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 5, 2, 1, 10, 2, 8, 6, 2, 10, 8, 2 = 318

>>1017522
>The end of her sentence is punctuated by the sound of an explosion coming from the docks.
>>1017545
The young monk, attempting to get himself into an appropriately reverent pile at your feet, is shocked by the fireball in the distance, and seems to look at you pleadingly, perhaps hoping Posu will take pause from her dispassionate notations to sort out whatever just happened.

>I will also need to speak to the actual Head Monk here
"Your "head monk" is the one who pulled a disapearing act! Spoke to the bug-eyes and then up and vanished, leaving them to walk around here waving their pointy sticks at us! We've been holed up ever since like lambs penned up for a slaughter!"

She seems unperturbed by running and yelling in the distance, and begins rattling off personal grievances- the time she lost her pinky at the sawmill and they gave her substitute bread cut with pea-flower instead of whole wheat while she was out recovering, or when the foreman had her working double shifts because a weeks production had gotten warped and they had to make up for lost time, or when Maggie gave her a daft chicken who stuck it's head out for a fox to eat, and they wouldn't fine her for the cost of the boots she had given up in trade!

Seems like the general complaints could be boiled down to having less comfort than she'd like- not enough food, or protection from cold, or time off of the production line. Working a sawmill seems to have damaged her sight and hearing, as well as other parts of her body, but she can't sustain herself otherwise. Looking at the other folks in the temple, huddle together with little furs and food to share between them, that seems like it may be the case for many of the folk working here. With the land hostile to regular life, food imports mean they have to sell off products at the town, but everything they produce is taxed, and the food comes from further away increasing costs. If food could be grown locally, as Buonaparte suggests she can manage with her family's passed down methods, it may help improve the working lives here, at the cost of decreasing tribute. Stirgefolk could maybe be convinced or coerced to share their secrets, or, if Buonaparte call pull off what she says she can, you could get someone to put a geas on her and she'll actually increase tribute while also growing food locally.
>>
No. 1018380 ID: 59f01e

rolled 8, 10, 5, 5, 9, 5, 10, 4, 4, 8, 3, 2, 3, 6, 7, 2, 1, 8, 8, 2, 9, 4, 4, 8, 3, 7, 10, 7, 8, 6, 2, 8, 3, 6, 5, 4, 9, 6, 9, 3, 4, 5, 9, 5, 7, 1, 5, 6, 4, 3, 8, 1, 3, 1, 4, 9, 9, 1, 8, 6 = 330

>>1017925
>first I'm going to ask those attendants about the patient's symptoms and treatment history
Fever, nausea, and maggots, the attendants say in old-realm. They have mostly been trying to treat symptoms with nectar, using liquid food to try and keep the satrap from loosing too much water-essence and keep her strong enough to fight the disease. Cool compress, light ale, and changed bedsheets as often as they can to keep any fuliginous substances she sweats out from sickening the skin as well and worsening her condition. She spends much of her time trying to write, throwing up fly-larve, and then falling into a slumber- they took her writing supplies away after the second day, and burned the strained, half-written notes in case they harbored some sort of dark curse. Unfortunately, they couldn't read the language she was writing in.

>diagnosis action boosted with the Second Medicine Excellency
Perception 4, Medicine 5, stunt 1, second excellency adding four auto-successes, means
9, 9, 4, 3, 9, 4, 1, 10, 5, 1, + 4

Nine successes seems like plenty enough to determine that the Satrap is inflicted with a geas, likely from the Empress regarding her duties to the Realm, which is probably conflicting with whatever secret the spell Corrupted Words has been trying to get her to keep.
A quick spell shattering palm hits with...
Dex 4, MA 5, stunt 1
1, 5, 5, 8, 5, 1, 5, 8, 8, 2 three successes, not enough to beat the DV of (circle*4+2). Anything you can do to buff the attack? Anything I'm missing from the resolution here?
>>
No. 1018388 ID: 85e0f6

rolled 10, 4, 9, 2, 10, 1, 3, 3, 5, 10, 6, 10, 7, 6, 5, 6, 4, 5, 5, 2, 1, 8, 7, 2, 5, 4, 3, 1, 8, 7, 8, 5, 9, 1, 5, 5, 10, 9, 9, 7, 9, 2, 10, 2, 8, 2, 7, 8, 10, 3 = 288

>>1018373
"Alright, the Head Monk is missing, and the primary crux of the problems that have been faced here are to deal with amenities not living up to your standards." Posu started formulating a plan to fix this, with most of the plan being centered around the math of a short term cut in taxes to allow a windfall of wealth for creating new stores of food and seeing if there were some handy peasants with relevant skills to ship out here to make up for the population loss and possibly kickstart into new industry with surplus labor available. The first line in her head though was 'Set Up Fishing operations' since even if the land was hostile, the ocean was right there.

"Now, Monk, is there anyone at a higher coil still around or are you going to be the one explaining to me in the simplest way possible why the Faith allows gods to freely interact with mortals, how long the gods have had an active seat at the table of governance, and why such a heresy wasn't reported to the Blessed Isle?"
>>
No. 1018404 ID: f57349

rolled 5, 3, 3, 6, 5, 6, 4, 3, 6, 7, 6, 5, 8, 6, 2, 10, 1, 2, 5, 3, 8, 9, 10, 6, 4, 5, 8, 5, 8, 10, 1, 7, 9, 8, 5, 8, 2, 8, 10, 1, 9, 3, 2, 1, 6, 10, 2, 7, 9, 10, 5, 1, 4, 5, 5, 8, 5, 10, 3, 7 = 340

>>1018380
Okay, first I'm going to ask the satrap to sit up on the edge of the bed, feet on the floor, hands on knees, and start taking deep but steady breaths. Step outside, yell for somebody to fetch writing supplies, packaging twine, and a clean pot or bucket with a lid.

Pot goes on the floor, between the patient's feet. Maggot-core will be deposited in there, to be sealed promptly with the twine, so that unspoiled evidence of sorcery can be delivered to the tax luchador in a timely manner.

Once the patient is full-up on air essence, I'll write the Old Realm character "li" (which, in the Sutra of Essence, corresponds to the charm Spell-Shattering Palm) on a slip of paper held between the fingers of my left hand, climb onto the bed, explain (some of) what I'm going to do so the satrap can actively cooperate with it, then after a count of three, hug them from behind and drive the heel of my right thumb into a spot just below their solar plexus - in physical terms, a modified Heimlich maneuver intended to induce vomiting rather than clear an airway blockage.

On a more spiritual level, after a preemptive apologetic prayer to Jupiter for fractionally diminishing her purview, I'm clamping down on my outrage, honing invisible anima-starlight into a hair-thin violet razor. Someone did this deliberately, clumsily covering up destructive indiscretions with sorcery and disease. By my will, this knot shall come undone, and may backlash from those loose threads go on to break the perpetrator's unearned pride.

Compassion channel for +3 dice, aiming for +3 dice, and hopefully all that setup plus Motivation resonance counts as a better stunt. Maybe also +1 die limited teamwork from the patient and/or DV penalty due to high ground (since I'm standing on the bed).
>>
No. 1018479 ID: 911880

rolled 9, 3, 7, 6, 2, 6, 6, 7, 10, 6, 9, 3, 5, 1, 7, 9, 7, 8, 3, 3, 2, 6, 6, 1, 9, 2, 2, 2, 4, 2, 1, 8, 7, 1, 10, 7, 3, 7, 7, 10 = 214

>Marisa (and maybe Ribbons, I'll leave that up to Tobigoodboi) sees a party of ten stirgefolk, armed and dangerous, carrying a roughly body-sized lump rolled up in a canvass. Five of them are walking on the ground back towards town, swathed in chain and carrying spears. Five are small, flying and hopping amongst the tree branches, carrying nets.

Ribbons would take in the scene and try to get a read of who might be leading the band. this could go violent, but the mission is just info collection. plus, the battle field of words is their home turf. worse case, if things turn violent, easily slip a few darts. but Best to dress for an engagement (as well as Align with the proper sign). with a flair of the IRA to add more flair to their ribbons, adding ethereal accents and wisps with star shimmers as they motioned to be dropped off in front of the group in a Performance of Awe to at least set a tone of Peace as the ribbons flutter from their decent.

"Sorry to just Drop in, but Mind if I ask you all a few questions? working on a personal piece about the area and would like to hear what you have to say."

(Propitious (Socialize) Excellency for 5 personal motes 1wp (Effectively 10 due to lover discount), adding 5 dice to Performance (Free cause Prop.), 5m personal mote for perfection in Life)
>>
No. 1018642 ID: 59f01e

rolled 1, 3, 10, 8, 4, 1, 2, 7, 9, 1, 8, 7, 7, 1, 9, 3, 7, 1, 7, 8, 10, 9, 9, 6, 5, 6, 6, 3, 7, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 8, 5, 2, 2, 1, 3, 8, 6, 4, 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, 8, 3, 5, 4, 3, 10, 6, 8, 1, 3, 4, 9 = 303

>>1018388
>cut in taxes to allow
Would also retroactively absolve some of the leadership of wrongdoing for the tax evasion thus far- could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what Posu wants.

>windfall of wealth for creating new stores of food
Getting more food here would probably require a change in leadership and/or hand down of new policy that you feel like they aren't going to try to get around, as they have with some of the other laws. For starters, if you want to build up food stores, starting agriculture in the town might be possible, or you could potentially give farmers they're importing from a tax break if they sell to ironport- biggest thing though is that they'd need preservation materials like salt and a place to store food, like a granary.

>seeing if there were some handy peasants with relevant skills to ship out here
Main thing that keeps Ironport's population low is that they have to import most food, and the demense reduces lifespans by nature of iron-izing important stuff in the body and environment. You checked the birth records on file when looking for fraud and the average age life span around here is roughly 39, which was lower when there wasn't dedicated immaculate assistance trying to counteract the effects.

>'Set Up Fishing operations'
The town reports difficulty growing and catching food locally, but if you could set up a few fishing operations outside the range of the demense that might work.

>"Now, Monk...
The young kid blusters at your feet, scrambling to give you a satisfactory explanation. Seems there's no one else here with any rank but him, and the quivering mass he is hardly seems ready for this. He reports that the gods dealing directly with mortals wasn't a problem prior to this, and that one night the town was just swarming with armed invaders! His master, Sifu Solo, told them to get as many people safe in the temple as we could and stay there while she went to parley with them, but then she just... vanished!
"I've been too afraid to barricade the doors in case they try to come for us- I don't know anything about what's going on, please spare me and have mercy, I just wanted to keep us safe!"

You doubt his retelling is accurate- likely not of his own volition, he just doesn't seem particularly wise or cool-headed at the moment. If you had to guess, since this Limani is speaking to, and seemingly working with, the Stirgefolk, he's willing to intercede directly with other mortals well, as long as he thinks he can get away with it.

>>1018404
So, after our discussion, it seems fair to say that the spell DV to hit would be based on the target's body, which means you just barely hit- with a three dot stunt. Want to take 1xp as an alternative stunt reward?

After coughing up the wretched egg of sorcery, you ensure it is appropriately sealed and tend to Ruban's other needs. After some time convalescing, she begins to tell you what brought about this state.
"It was evening- hard to tell time exactly, but I think three days ago, maybe four? A shoggoth, formless and horrifying, came upon me unannounced. It made no sound, and did not... move, so much as glided. It was as if the walls and floors were not even there. Before I could even it was upon me- I was completely engulfed in an instant. The thing's shape filled my throat and innards, casting a blindness upon me, and rendered my ears useless was well. My lungs burned from panic but my limbs felt barely able to thrash and I was as if caught in a swamp, unable to tell up from down. I don't know if it held me for a second or a minute, or- or... or even an hour, but when I emerged from it's surface, splashing but only half free, still unable to escape, it cast it's spell on me. I couldn't speak of it, couldn't leave, and could not allow word to escape my lips of anything unusual happening in town. I tried to write, to do my duty to my empress and my realm, but the pain was indescribable. I could do naught but writhe in my bed, and soon I found myself without parchment or ink. I remember very little of the last few days, as I think the pain has put me in the mind of a fever, drifting in between nightmare and a reality that I could not say was better. Whoever you are, I feel like you have saved me from a terrible fate, but I fear whatever did this is still lurking out there, waiting to drag me back beneath the surface of the swamp. I... I should be dead, I think. I do not know what it did not kill and eat me, or take me away to its lair. I wonder if it feeds on fear, or perhaps still lurks here, immaterial, waiting for whatever sinister conditions it needs are met. Please, I implore you good doctor, if you are able, banish this thing from my mind. Vanquish it, ward its corpse to give it form, destroy its sanctum, whatever form it takes- I cannot walk from this room or rest again knowing beast like that may prowl these halls again soon.

Social attack, NMI compulsion imploring you to somehow rid her of this beast mentally of physically. Appearance three lowered to appearance two temporarily by her unfit state, Charisma 3, Presence 4, probably some sort of internal penalty from exhaustion and/or sickness- not particularly worried about actually resolving this mechanically, mostly just ensuring we have the option if we need to.
>>
No. 1018645 ID: 59f01e

rolled 4, 5, 5, 4, 9, 6, 10, 1, 4, 2, 3, 8, 2, 9, 3, 9, 5, 2, 4, 1, 8, 5, 7, 4, 2, 7, 3, 9, 8, 7, 3, 8, 6, 8, 8, 3, 3, 3, 5, 4, 2, 2, 3, 6, 5, 4, 9, 9, 10, 6, 4, 6, 9, 1, 8, 9, 5, 10, 8, 1 = 324

>>1018373
The spearwomen bristle as you approach- "fucking busy" one of them starts to say in Old Realm, before promptly being cuffed in the back of the head by the woman who steps forward, clearly the superior here.

"Please forgive my companion, we mean no disrespect if we trespass in your forest. What can we do for you? And, can I send my women on ahead, or need you speak to all of us?"

It seems she's mistaken you for some sort of spirit of the woods, and wants to avoid upsetting you, but clearly doesn't want to stay and chat.

So, Propitious Socialize Alignment for 10m, 1wp, from your personal pool, discounting the use of the first three Socialize excellencies excellencies by five. Except, you've got some way to discount the cost, and make it apply to Performance? Sidereals are a weak point for me so I don't really fully understand the mechanics you're invoking, sorry.

Perfection in Life for the last 5m from your personal pool (you're at 20/20 personal motes committed until the scene ends, I believe) means if they don't resist, they get 1wp and for the rest of the scene can't resist.

You've got the maximum difference in appearance for a -3 to the target's DV, Charisma 5, Presence 5, Excellency 5, stunt 2 (don't forget to declare rewards)
> 9, 3, 7, 6, 2, 6, 6, 7, 10, 6, 9, 3, 5, 1, 7, 9, 7,
means you've got nine successes, against a parry DV of 2, reduced down to 0 by relative MDV- I think that means she'd need 3wp to resist since you beat her DV by so much. So, they'll stop, lay down arms, wait for you to ask your questions, not resisting the attack!
>This Charm enhances a social attack that encourages belief
or behavior.
Unclear if the errata'd version of this charm can apply to stuff like "tell me information" though- want to clarify what the emotion or behavior you want to inspire is? Merry-making, obedience, adoration, etc?
>>
No. 1018650 ID: 82be69

rolled 5, 8, 9, 3, 10, 5, 5, 5, 5, 7, 10, 5, 9, 3, 5, 4, 4, 4, 7, 7, 8, 2, 10, 2, 5, 9, 4, 10, 3, 1, 6, 2, 5, 5, 7, 3, 7, 3, 8, 6, 2, 4, 3, 7, 1, 8, 2, 10, 1, 9 = 273

>>1018642
> Would also retroactively absolve some of the leadership of wrongdoing for the tax evasion thus far- could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what Posu wants.

Not really, it would absolve them of some of the debt, or more accurately put it on a longer term payment plan. But, what Posu wants more than anything is to get the issue of corruption dealt with and the tax situation dealt with. She will probably handle that with violence to some degree, and definitely mete out punishment, but still, the point is to fulfill the third noble insight, not needless cruelty.

> For starters, if you want to build up food stores, starting agriculture in the town might be possible, or you could potentially give farmers they're importing from a tax break if they sell to ironport- biggest thing though is that they'd need preservation materials like salt and a place to store food, like a granary.

I will call a bit of shenanigans on them needing preservation materials, since they have salt from the Salterns. Even if it's more iron based than normal salt, it's still salt, and it shouldn't even interfere with their tribute particularly much as described so far since those are just Iron, which is presumably mined from the rich ferrous deposits as opposed to iron salt or sand. But, presumably that's where the actual primary tax relief from this plan would come from, subsidies to surrounding nations for importing food.

> The town reports difficulty growing and catching food locally, but if you could set up a few fishing operations outside the range of the demense that might work.

Man, how far out to sea does the demesne extend if they have trouble getting fishing boats out far enough to catch fish as a primary staple food as a seaside city?

> You doubt his retelling is accurate- likely not of his own volition, he just doesn't seem particularly wise or cool-headed at the moment. If you had to guess, since this Limani is speaking to, and seemingly working with, the Stirgefolk, he's willing to intercede directly with other mortals well, as long as he thinks he can get away with it.

Posu will simply reach down, pick up the monk by the back of the neck so as not to put pressure on his throat as she picks him up to force him to look her in the deep, deep, almost black, wine dark eyes.

"Well then, why don't you tell me about everything important since you've become a monk. I'll pass along your report to a third coil monk who will pass judgement, since it falls outside of my responsibilities to assign blame for a clearly corrupt god seeking to violate the second noble practice and gain undue control over the lives of the citizenship of this town."
>>
No. 1018673 ID: f57349

rolled 2, 3, 4, 1, 8, 2, 1, 5, 6, 2, 10, 8, 4, 8, 8, 4, 5, 3, 2, 1, 10, 4, 5, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 1, 2, 8, 4, 7, 8, 10, 1, 1, 4, 5, 4, 5, 6, 10, 7, 1, 1, 4, 5, 10, 6, 4, 6, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3, 4, 2, 4 = 268

>>1018642
>imploring you to somehow rid her of this beast
Accepting the task with a suitably respectful bow and then get straight down to business.

A good exorcist's first task is, of course, to accurately ID the target, so, rolling Charisma 4 + Investigation 4 to coax further relevant detail out through the haze of fever and trauma, then Intelligence 4 + Occult 3 for academic knowledge to narrow it down, double-checking with Efficient Secretary Technique and/or various Awareness charms as appropriate (while also being mindful not to spend peripheral motes). Are we looking at an eristrufa, or maybe some other type of demon? Wyld-spawn? Water elemental? Lunar anathema? Undead horror from the Labyrinth?

Don't need to be 100% certain yet, just see if there's anything that can definitely be ruled out, and rank priorities among the remainder. Armed with that knowledge, next step is to begin placing thaumaturgical Alarm Wards around the bait vulnerable VIP, starting with whichever suspect class would be likely to notice and respond the quickest, followed by Tangible Wards... provided we've got the right supplies, enough time, and the expected perp won't just slam through them effortlessly.

Would also be good to share this intel with the rest of the group sooner rather than later, but I certainly don't want to abandon or forcibly relocate someone who's still on strict bed rest and might be targeted by immaterial assassins at any moment. So, I'm going to use dramatic editing from a recent stunt to establish that there's a meal's worth of celestial trail rations (in this case, bite-sized, shelf-stable pieces of garlic-flavored fried cheese, healthier than it sounds and not specifically proscribed by Immaculate monastic dietary strictures) which belongs to me, but has somehow found its way into Marisa's saddlebags.

Assuming it works, in lieu of Wind-Carried Words Technique I'll yank on Destiny-Knitting Entanglement, causing a seagull to extract that small bag of heavenly snacks and noisily carry it toward the gubernatorial mansion, hopefully with our "ordinary magician" in hot pursuit.
>>
No. 1019296 ID: 59f01e

rolled 4, 8, 1, 8, 5, 5, 1, 3, 2, 9, 8, 8, 4, 1, 8, 4, 6, 8, 1, 8, 6, 5, 10, 2, 5, 1, 6, 10, 6, 6, 1, 2, 2, 1, 6, 9, 2, 3, 9, 3, 7, 7, 8, 7, 7, 10, 9, 3, 5, 10, 4, 3, 2, 10, 7, 10, 8, 8, 2, 10 = 334

>>1018673
>2, 3, 4, 1, 8, 2, 1, 5, 6, 2,
One success on ten dice- not a superb roll. Could be Jupiter heard your prayer and is unhappy still- or mayhaps a malign curse hangs over the satrap preventing normally simple tasks from succeeding.
Still, you manage to get some clarification about the way the beast locomotes. Seemingly able to pass through certain substances or materials but maintain tangibility to others.
>10, 8, 4, 8, 8, 4, 5, 3, 2
Your knowledge of the occult however, and other supernatural powers of investigation, allow you to determine that it wouldn't likely be a spirit or demon dematerializing and rematerializing, as the timing and visuals are off. Most ghosts are too weak for something like this, and the ones that are strong enough for sorcery usually aren't sane enough for tactical reasoning- more typically, the whole town would be destroyed by now if a Nephrack was loose. Elementals seem like they may be capable of manipulating the elements so they could flow easily through a wooden floor then engulf a captive- there are also certain mutations those who live in or near the borders of malfeas have developed, such as the ability to move silently and leave no trace. And of course, the profane anathema are known to take as faces as the moon- if you are dealing with one such creature they could easily fit the description, moving silently, gliding through walls, and absorbing townsfolk with cunning malice to ensorcell them.
>1, 10, 4, 5, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7
>1, 2, 8, 4, 7, 8, 10, 1, 1
>4, 5, 4, 5, 6, 10, 7, 1, 1
>4, 5, 10, 6, 4, 6, 3, 1, 2

Lets assume that you have the time and tools readily available to set up two alarm wards and two tangible wards then- easy with the dice rolled, plus it seems plausible enough time-wise to me.
That's three successes on an alarm ward against a type of elemental of your choosing, five on the alarm vs anathema, three on the tangible ward vs [type] elementals and only two on the tangible ward against anathema. Going to set about tearing them down and re-doing them? A tangible ward like that certainly won't stop any creature capable of sorcery- but if you're distracted at the wrong moment, it may be costly.

Unfortunately, I forget what time/day I actually said you arrived at Ironport. Unless anyone has a quote to correct me, I'll now declare you arrived roughly at noon, on the second day of ascending wood (you were set to arrive on the first, but the delay with the pirate ship set you back a bit). Daylight hours are roughly 4:30am-8:00pm right now, so if you've been making wards for an hour, and then maybe two hours conversing, healing, and gathering supplies/information/etc, you've got two hours left before sunset, maybe two and a half before it's fully dark.
>>
No. 1019370 ID: 381c8d

rolled 2, 7, 3, 8, 9, 7, 10, 10, 3, 4, 5, 8, 6, 8, 8, 1, 10, 9, 8, 6, 10, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 3, 4, 2 = 171

>>1018645
Marisa hovers and absent-mindedly stabilizes her broom as Ribbons dismounts, watching as the god-blood approaches the beastfolk, turns on the whammy by activating her artifact clothing and... completely fails to understand the conversation that follows. Old Realm again, huh?

Our ordinary witch will opt to wait for the moment, and see what her companion will manage. They gonna fight or not? Hmm... maybe commit 2m personal to Spirit-Detecting Mirror Technique and look around with the Illusion-Shattering Mirror while she waits? See if anything's hidden or not as it seems. Perception 3 + Awareness 3.
>>
No. 1019554 ID: 911880

>>1018645
They can roll with this. play with the fact that they think they have Domain of the area, plus they accepted to talk so should be smooth sailing in this social sea.

"Well, a lot of things have happened to the town and inhabitants and rumors on the wind can only be so reliable, and are usually one sided. If you could be so kind to explain what has happened here? what brought you to the city and your side of the rumors"

Ribbons smiled, approaching with a gentle aura, Placing a firm hand on the leader's shoulder before addressing the question to hide the subtle 'attack' they just did.

"And yes, they may go ahead, i do not mean to delay you longer then needed for my curiosity."

(Birdsong over Blade for 2m, Deadliest of all Weapons for 3m. for the 'attack'. use stunt reward for motes. all personal. boost social roll by 5 for free cause can)
>>
No. 1019556 ID: 911880

rolled 4, 4, 5, 4, 5, 9, 2, 4, 3, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 10, 2, 3, 9, 1, 10, 6, 1, 5, 8, 8, 10, 2, 1, 8, 3, 1, 4, 8, 8, 6, 6, 3, 4, 7, 9, 2, 6, 9, 7, 4, 7, 4, 10, 1, 10 = 250

(and i put the dice rolled in the wrong box>>)
>>
No. 1019654 ID: aa00cd

rolled 3, 3, 2, 6, 8, 8, 8, 3, 3, 8, 1, 3, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 9, 1, 2, 4, 4, 4, 4, 2, 8, 2, 6, 2, 7, 3, 4, 4, 2, 5, 10, 10, 1, 3, 10, 7, 3, 6, 3, 7, 6, 9, 5, 9, 9, 6, 4, 1, 1, 5, 4, 7, 5, 5 = 279

>>1018650
If you want the people to be unburdened by the demands of the realm's taxes, but want the unpaid tax debt to be collected, good place to start might be town leadership- allegedly, Ruban Écarlate for a start.

>they have trouble getting fishing boats out
As far as I am aware, fishing is historically useful to feed societies that hunt and gather, but not able to support anything reliant on agriculture, as the ratios don't work out. I'm not an expert though. Wild and man-made fisheries could help, but the ocean isn't a sprawling expanse of fish at all points- fish have to be caught based on currents or bred in specific conditions. Suffice to say, this area cannot current support itself via fishing without major reforms and re-structuring.

>"Well then, why don't you tell me about everything important since you've become a monk.
The babbling the kid produces is hardly useful- he's sufficiently intimidated, but the directions yield little in the way of uncovering corruption.
Wits 3, Martial Arts 5, Specialty 2, Stunt 2 however,
> 5, 8, 9, 3, 10, 5, 5, 5, 5, 7, 10, 5
means you recognize the influence of Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style. The young monk recounts some of his training, and you realize that yes, they were immaculate sutras he was chanting, but he was also being taught to produce overtones- meditation exercises are also key points of breath control. Clearly his master, presumably the head monk of the temple who has disappeared, was a master of this anathema style and was secretly incorporating it into the teachings. You see little evidence in the building of the temples, but upon questioning some of the towns faithful you realize an abnormal amount of them can carry a tune and sing together for prayer and service.
>>
No. 1019695 ID: 82be69

rolled 3, 7, 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 10, 7, 8, 10, 2, 3, 2, 10, 6, 8, 7, 7, 1, 8, 3, 8, 8, 3, 4, 10, 7, 4, 8, 2, 8, 9, 9, 5, 8, 10, 10, 6, 1, 8, 7, 1, 7, 6, 2, 4, 8, 3, 3 = 287

>>1019654
Welp, it seems about like I have gotten about as much as I can here, and there is plenty of info to bring to Lobelia AND possibly the temporarily indesposed satrap if they are audible. So, as she wraps up her notes, she will start heading out, announcing that she is ending the military lockdown, and anyone that dares to try and enforce it should be sent to the satrap, and she will make her location known, but to expect some friction until the information disseminates.

Then she will head off to the Satrap's house to go violate quarantine and speak with Lobelia.

"Well, this has been a fruitful experience in finding all the little problems. Or at least that's what I would say if I had found anything but several catastrophic problems. But, I can see you healed the Satrap, that's good, I can get the trial for all of the tax fraud underway in a minute, but I have some things that I should tell you in private as it relates to the local faith."

She will quickly look around the Satrap's room for an isolated place with which to share her findings to the appropriate authority before electing to just speak in a low tone such that it would be difficult.

"So, it seems that not only have all of the monks but a single first coil initiate gone missing, but the former head monk is a master of an Anathema style and only went missing when the town was beset with armed invaders, and has been subtly weaving it's influence into the immaculate lessons. Given the prevalent music ability throughout town, it's possible this has been going on for far longer than the last month."
>>
No. 1019709 ID: aa00cd

rolled 5, 6, 5, 4, 9, 8, 1, 4, 9, 7, 6, 4, 1, 7, 6, 4, 2, 8, 2, 10, 10, 1, 9, 1, 2, 3, 2, 9, 8, 1, 9, 2, 3, 2, 2, 6, 1, 6, 7, 5, 8, 4, 5, 8, 6, 7, 6, 8, 3, 4, 3, 7, 8, 2, 8, 5, 4, 4, 8, 6 = 311

>>1019370
Marisa using her mirror and charms, Marisa notices three figures she previously had not:
The first appears to be a man who's skin is made of bark and hair is made of vines- they appear to be following the stirgefolk. The second is a boar who's shaggy coat and heavy tusks are made of iron, which exchanges worried glances with the first, seemingly unsure what to do as the party they're following starts to split. The third is a gull, who has decided to go through your bags, and upon being noticed, flees with a worried squawk, carrying off celestial trail rations in it's claw. This of course causes all eyes to turn towards you, alarmed by the squabbling seabird.

>>1019554
With everyone momentarily distracted, Ribbons is able to slip a dose of truth serum into this leader-woman's chakra- she winces as you reach out to touch her shoulder, but takes a courtly knee, seemingly more afraid to give offense than to let you approach her space. You can feel her relief as your touch, seemingly to her, is one of comfort rather than forest magic or some such curse. You've successfully avoided her noticing your intent as the rest of her squad walks back towards town.

>explain what has happened here? what brought you to the city
"Same reason anyone would come to a place with magic that poisons your bones, really- iron. Gotta get suits of armor, good tools and weapons, fixtures for the castle, all sortsa stuff, and we can't get it at home. So, Mother says we're ready to move out, make a new home to expand the family and take control of some good industry. Er, lemme see if I can remember the official line- I think it's something like this:
We of House Morose do hereby make our intention to a legitimate claim on the land we occupy, as the prior leadership of the realm was unfit. We do hereby declare we have made improvements to the agriculture, health, and production of ironport, and have protected it from unfair trade and piracy. We have made no undo harm to its citizens, who we count ourselves among now, and do not interfere with the worship demanded by the realm or its teachings. Under this authority, as a citizen of Ironport and as a Member of House Morse, I do hereby declare our authority is lawful or to be made lawful shortly in accordance, and we are no threat to good peoples; thusly, all brigands, spirits, merchants, and auditors know us as the rightful government and do not make efforts to unseat or harm our claim unless they are willing to be met with appropriate retribution for unsafe and unlawful behavior.
And there here's the part where I'd pull out our scroll with the wax seal and all, to scare off bandits or show we're not bad guys to who-ever, except we haven't gotten that far yet cause the official satrap is still too sick to sign off. Once we clear off the folks threatening to blow up the demense, we can get settled in, go about integrating ourselves properly and make things right around here- I think the Viscount's gonna set up food after the feasting is done."

Mechanically speaking, she's answering the question (as compelled by your social attack) and is telling the truth, as compelled by your poison- she seems to believe they are here to take control of ironport from it's current government and improve the town, so her family can gain access to iron.
>>
No. 1020055 ID: 381c8d

rolled 8, 3, 10, 2, 6, 7, 1, 4, 7, 7, 7, 6, 2, 5, 1, 6, 2, 5, 2, 5, 10, 10, 9, 5, 1, 8, 9, 5, 2, 5, 8, 8, 10, 7, 10, 10, 1, 5, 5, 7 = 231

>>1019709
>The first appears to be a man who's skin is made of bark and hair is made of vines- they appear to be following the stirgefolk. The second is a boar who's shaggy coat and heavy tusks are made of iron
Does Marisa recognize what kinds of spirits they are? Let's go for the quick ID, on-the-fly accademic knowledge roll, (Wits 5 + Occult 5), base difficulty +2, for each.

>The third is a gull, who has decided to go through your bags, and upon being noticed, flees with a worried squawk, carrying off celestial trail rations in it's claw. This of course causes all eyes to turn towards you, alarmed by the squabbling seabird.
"Hey! I was borrowing those snacks, you thieving feather-duster!"

Exit stage chasing-a-bird-on-a-broom.
>>
No. 1020101 ID: f57349

>>1019296
Wards versus lunar anathema and water elementals, then - maybe an Undertow making some sort of play for ascent to lesser elemental dragon status.

>>1019695
Sounds like time for more Efficient Secretary Technique. When did this heresy begin? Which local monks refused to participate in it, and where are they now?
>>
No. 1020470 ID: 911880

rolled 7, 7, 4, 3, 8, 10, 2, 4, 1, 9, 7, 8, 8, 2, 10, 9, 10, 5, 7, 9, 9, 10, 2, 8, 1, 5, 5, 7, 1, 3, 3, 4, 10, 7, 2, 2, 3, 8, 3, 2, 7, 5, 3, 7, 4, 8, 3, 10, 2, 5 = 279

>>1019709
"Oh my, sounds like a busy family you got there. So your Mother is in charge of this project? Would like to know more of her. You mentioned the Satrap is Sick? news to me. I have an ally who may be able to nurse them back to health if you tell me were i may find them. I know you may be in a rush to catch up with everyone, but what does your outing have in their possession? one of these trouble makers threatening to blow the place up? or a bandit? or just a little snack? I promise I will pay for your Time."

There were a few follow ups Ribbons wanted. more info on Mother, whom they had bound up, who this person they were meant to deliver this message to, but of course an excuse to hand off the stone they were given, the one link to the scrying stone, to at least keep an eye close to what seems to be a major player in the city conundrum as Ribbons had pulled out the diamond, playfully contact juggling in their hand so the light can catch it to show Just what they were offering for this little chat.
(stunt reward on motes and increase social roll by 5 for free due to charm discount)
>>
No. 1020559 ID: 59f01e

rolled 1, 4, 7, 9, 5, 7, 9, 2, 7, 3, 4, 8, 10, 5, 2, 4, 3, 7, 6, 4, 5, 8, 8, 2, 7, 8, 10, 10, 4, 9, 8, 8, 3, 5, 8, 10, 7, 8, 10, 2, 2, 3, 1, 6, 7, 10, 9, 8, 6, 7, 7, 5, 6, 8, 6, 8, 10, 5, 3, 10 = 374

>>1019695
>Then she will head off to the Satrap's house to go violate quarantine and speak with Lobelia.
>I can get the trial for all of the tax fraud underway in a minute

Lobelia can tell her right away that the quarantine is not necessary, but that medically speaking Ruban should be given time to convalesce and, especially if she is being hunted, the trial should be postponed.

>>1020055
>8, 3, 10, 2, 6, 7, 1, 4, 7, 7,
Boar looks like some sort of native spirit, but not one you know off the top of your head- the other however is clearly a dryad or other sort of tree-based spirit.

The gull isn't as fast or as agile as you are, but your broom can only fly so high, giving it a way out- of course, it has it's own limits, and relying on the ocean currents means it's easily targets out above the open waters of the coast line.
>7
Marisa however succeeds on her temperance roll (lucky 777) and hesitates, choosing to keep pace without roasting the thing just yet, in case she accidentally burns up the rations as well. Doesn't look good when you tell your dealer you accidentally blew up their stash. And indeed it seems perhaps the hand of fate itself is guiding Marisa, as the bird comes in off the coast line to roost on the Satrap's house, wherein she can see her companions talking. It's only a moment later before she's makes the jump through the window, grabbing the rations and gliding in to see Lobelia expectantly holding a hand out for them, a half-mumbled "thank you" heard amongst the muttering of thaumaturgical wardings.

>>1020101
Didn't roll enough successes on the tangible ward against anathema to affect a sorcerer:
>>1019296
> only two on the tangible ward against anathema. Going to set about tearing them down and re-doing them? A tangible ward like that certainly won't stop any creature capable of sorcery- but if you're distracted at the wrong moment, it may be costly.

If you get everyone to stand vigil over the Satrap, that distraction should prove no problem, but maybe there's better ways for the group to spend their time.

>>1020470
>So your Mother is in charge of this project?
She nods- "I'm Morose Buonaparte Hortense, eighth daughter of Morose Buonaparte and one of her corporals. She's one of the family's four generals, and oversees foreign operations, often in conjunction with the Viscount. As far as the sick in charge around here, apparently whatever's wrong with the prior Satrap is beyond curing- some sort of spiritual problem, can't get cose because we don't know how it works or what it'll do to you. Rest assured though as best we can we will provide for her and attempt to ensure everyone in the town is as comefortable and healthy as possible- we have family methods for growing food which promote health and growth in the body, help keep you healthy. Once we're fully set up we can make sure most anybody is safe from body ails and disease."
>what does your outing have in their possession
"Ah, yes, that must look intimidating- we're on a patrol mission, looking for clues as to the dissidents whereabouts, but that's someone injured we're taking back for medical care. Not sure if they're a tramp, a forester, or a bandit like you said, so we'll need to put them under supervised care until we know if they're a threat."

As you offer the diamond, Hortense gives a courtly bow-
"Anything else millady? If you're interested in exchanging information for payment, I'm sure the Morose family would be interested in bartering further- not sure what exactly you'd be interested in as payment, but we've got access to a wide variety of reagents and materials. I don't have the authority to offer an invitation myself, but I can pass along your payment to the family and see about getting you an invitation to the dinner in a few days, if you'd care to learn more about our house."
>>
No. 1020576 ID: 3eaa34

rolled 2, 6, 7, 1, 2, 10, 8, 1, 3, 7, 9, 3, 8, 4, 9, 1, 5, 1, 1, 8 = 96

>It's only a moment later before she's makes the jump through the window, grabbing the rations and gliding in to see Lobelia expectantly holding a hand out for them, a half-mumbled "thank you" heard amongst the muttering of thaumaturgical wardings.
Marisa coughs and hands over the rations like that's what she was planning all along- though it's unlikely anyone present or who knows her would be fooled.

"So, uh, what's up Doc?"

Assuming we're going to share what we've learned so far, that's a request for information. Marisa will share with Posu and Lobelia what she learned on her totally-legal-as-an-agent-of-the-realm warrantless search of the warehouse (...an excuse which might actually be correct for once). Namely the paperwork that looks like the stirges are looking for the "rebels", evidence the bugfolk might have a sorcerer on staff, and the chakra orcids she confiscated and incinerated. ...no one's seen anyone with flowers on their necks or other symptoms, right?

While she's sharing, Marisa will pull her Eye of the Living Earth out of her saddle bag, plunk it down on a nearby table, and turn it on, checking back on the storehouse where she deposited a diamond and then swapping over to check on the diamond with Ribbons, who's currently checking up on a group of stirgefolk in the forest who seem to have a prisoner.

Not rolling for anything in particular, but have dice just in case.
>>
No. 1020689 ID: 82be69

rolled 3, 2, 4, 4, 8, 4, 2, 3, 7, 3, 6, 7, 3, 10, 10, 2, 4, 3, 8, 9, 10, 9, 6, 4, 8, 2, 6, 2, 7, 8, 4, 10, 5, 2, 1, 1, 7, 8, 5, 7, 8, 3, 5, 7, 2, 8, 8, 1, 10, 2 = 268

>>1020576

"Well, we will need to sort out the brewing civil war, the foreign military, and the situation of all these disappearances. The Morose are presently the biggest clue we have, but we know they aren't the direction we need to focus on since they've been here for a few days, and there are no records of them in the reports we have. I've already assumed direct executive and legislative control of the town, so I'll work on fixing the rift, and working out a repayment plan for the 5 years of deliberate tax fraud."

She glared directly at the bedridden satrap, raising her voice so that she could absolutely know who that was directed at before muttering under her breath.

"As for finding literal weapons of mass destruction, we also will need to deal with the deep set heresy that's been preached in this town for some time now. There's a lot of fires that need putting out and not a lot of time to get them done if we want to stay on the trail of the Anathema. So, I'll need to go have another chat with Buonaparte about the occupation of this town, and ending it permanently. I might need back up with dealing with the actual soldiers if they're dug in enough. I would prefer that Ribons was involved to explain the gravity of the situation to him, but there's more than enough plausible justification and outright illegal activity with this scrying to justify percussive interrogation."
>>
No. 1021583 ID: 59f01e

>>1020101
Those questions don't seem to prompt direct responses, but you are able to figure out that the head immaculate has been incorporating singing lessons into the town's prayer curriculum for at least three years.

>>1020576
Only big change Marisa notices is Buonaparte, penning a letter in the room Marisa seized the contraband. Presumably if the interloper hasn't noticed the waylaid supplies yet, she will soon- currently though, she seems to be focused on her missive.

>>1020689
So, whats the next move for Posu, Marisa, and Lobelia?
>>
No. 1021629 ID: f57349

rolled 3, 10, 6, 4, 2, 1, 6, 4, 10, 5, 7, 5, 6, 3, 2, 1, 9, 9, 3, 5, 10, 7, 8, 10, 9, 3, 5, 9, 9, 7, 9, 10, 7, 9, 10, 2, 7, 5, 10, 8, 9, 2, 10, 4, 2, 1, 7, 4, 7, 3, 5, 3, 8, 7, 9, 7, 8, 1, 2, 3 = 357

I'm going to administer just enough perfected snack food to the sickly satrap for accelerated healing, without significant anagathic benefits, and explain - in simple terms, but keeping outright condescension to a minimum - that the dragon-blooded are here to solve problems.
"It's up to you whether the bigger problem here in town was you being sick in bed, or you being in a position of power, and alive... or rather it mostly depends on decisions you've already made, going back at least three years."
Ideally also going to casually mention exact (to as many decimal places as Efficient Secretary can provide) dates and times of a few potentially fraudulent and/or heretical policy changes the satrap would have been involved with, without getting into specifics of what they were.

In mechanical terms, I'm trying to convey a natural mental influence Illusion of the idea that it would be pointless to try to look better by lying to us - the All-Seeing Eye has been watching, best prospect starts with a full confession. Manipulation 1 + Investigation 4 for that part, followed up with Charisma 4 + Bureaucracy 2 for Icy Hand. Internal penalties from sickness hopefully apply to MDVs, and Socialize 1 might be enough to take advantage of Marisa's arrival as setup for some sort of coordinated and/or unexpected social attack.
>>
No. 1021650 ID: 16948a

>>1020689
>I've already assumed direct executive and legislative control of the town
"Uh, didya just declare that, or did anyone actually agree...?" Marisa asks in high realm, squinting at Buonaparte in the crystal ball before sticking out her thumb significant at the bedridden satrap "What about ye-old-legitimate-ruler and her miraculous, monk-ly recovery?"

>So, I'll need to go have another chat with Buonaparte
>so I'll work on fixing the rift
"What about the folks in the woods? None of us have heard what their angle is yet, I got *cough* distracted and we prolly should before you can patch anything."
>>
No. 1021726 ID: b3aabb

rolled 2, 7, 4, 2, 4, 5, 6, 10, 2, 7, 6, 3, 7, 10, 4, 8, 4, 7, 7, 6, 9, 5, 8, 10, 5, 1, 9, 8, 7, 8, 6, 10, 6, 10, 4, 10, 10, 3, 2, 5, 6, 4, 2, 10, 7, 3, 2, 4, 6, 5 = 296

>>1021650
"I formally declared that I was temporarily assuming the duties of Satrap as a representative of House Ragara in a time of absolute crisis both to the would be usurper and the citizens of the town huddled in the immaculate temple, neither of whom have been unagreeable yet."

"As for the 'legitimate' satrap, exactly how severe the sentencing for 5 years of evident tax fraud and if she's about to become disposessed will largely depend on the answers she is about to give."

But, Posu would let out a sigh. "And you are right that there are other, perhaps more productive things to do, but the superweapon you found really weighs down heavily on some of the suspicions I had, like the fact that we know with close to 100% that the Lintha aren't the source of the disappearing acts, given that they were still alive and would have presented no serious threat to 5 Dragons. And it also means that, if I have the right bead on this situation, Buonaparte is going to be going for the Orchids now that whatever her plan is has fallen through so absolutely, and how sure are you that you've gotten all of them?"
>>
No. 1021728 ID: b3aabb

Throughout all of the above, at least Marissa would be aware that there is also the unstated logic of it being a job that she suddenly discovered had been left unfinished, and that would grate at her like sand in running shoes until she fixed the issue.
>>
No. 1021771 ID: f57349

>>1020576
>no one's seen anyone with flowers on their necks or other symptoms, right?
No... but in terms of potential urgency, that's really only a notch or two below "anathema in hot pursuit" or "manse about to explode." Situation here seems stable enough for the moment. How about I hop on the back seat of Marisa's broom, activate Supernal Awareness targeting 'parasitic possessors,' and we do a quick spiral-pattern search? I'd be confident of noticing victims or spores within a four hundred yard radius, but they might be mobile, and there's the vertical component to consider, so aim for maybe a third of a mile further out on each loop.
>>
No. 1022047 ID: 16948a

rolled 2, 4, 6, 7, 4, 6, 3, 8, 3, 4, 9, 1, 1, 7, 8, 6, 5, 3, 10, 7, 9, 6, 9, 6, 3, 3, 4, 2, 1, 1 = 148

>>1021726
>>1021771
"Good point, we should make sure there's not a plant-pandemic first."

>have the right bead on this situation, Buonaparte is going to be going for the Orchids
"She's writing a letter right now. You wanna borrow the ball so you can see when she stops?"

>How about I hop on the back seat of Marisa's broom, activate Supernal Awareness targeting 'parasitic possessors,' and we do a quick spiral-pattern search?
Up up and away! Dice if they're needed, the control roll shouldn't be an issue, and I'm guessing flying a search pattern would be a navigation roll, if needed. Detection is on Lobelia's end.
>>
No. 1022269 ID: cdee73

rolled 8, 8, 7, 10, 9, 8, 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 8, 9, 2, 9, 1, 4, 6, 3, 7, 10, 7, 2, 1, 5, 10, 5, 9, 8, 4, 8, 7, 4, 6, 4, 8, 1, 4, 1, 4, 5, 2, 5, 8, 10, 2, 10, 6, 9, 3 = 289

>>1022047
> "She's writing a letter right now. You wanna borrow the ball so you can see when she stops?"

"That would be very useful, but I will head directly there to avoid the risk of anything else in general, since I want to be there personally. I'll meet you there when you're done with the search."

And so, she would head out to the would be satrap's lodging.
>>
No. 1023106 ID: ab48d9

>and see about getting you an invitation to the dinner in a few days, if you'd care to learn more about our house."

Ribbons would give a bow as the payment was taken and shakes their head. What info they had gather was good for now and having an invitation to see the one in charge seemed like a good follow up when it is received.

"Then I shall await the invitation. I shall be hanging about the town, for now, you should catch up and deliver that payment to your Mother. Till we meet once more~"

Ribbons gave a final smile before heading back to town, once out of view, turning off the elegance of their regalia and pulling out some parchment to begin transcribing the info gathers. Family name, the prepared speech, the reason given for being here. Ready to pass this on as they went to go regroup, or be dragged off somewhere by a sorcerer on a broom.
>>
No. 1023107 ID: ab48d9

>and see about getting you an invitation to the dinner in a few days, if you'd care to learn more about our house."

Ribbons would give a bow as the payment was taken and shakes their head. What info they had gather was good for now and having an invitation to see the one in charge seemed like a good follow up when it is received.

"Then I shall await the invitation. I shall be hanging about the town, for now, you should catch up and deliver that payment to your Mother. Till we meet once more~"

Ribbons gave a final smile before heading back to town, once out of view, turning off the elegance of their regalia and pulling out some parchment to begin transcribing the info gathers. Family name, the prepared speech, the reason given for being here. Ready to pass this on as they went to go regroup, or be dragged off somewhere by a sorcerer on a broom.
>>
No. 1023298 ID: 59f01e

rolled 10, 2, 6, 2, 1, 8, 2, 10, 3, 9, 7, 9, 5, 5, 9, 7, 1, 8, 7, 2, 3, 7, 9, 5, 5, 9, 4, 6, 8, 1, 2, 9, 1, 8, 4, 3, 3, 7, 4, 7, 6, 4, 4, 2, 5, 1, 5, 5, 9, 5, 9, 7, 10, 9, 3, 4, 10, 10, 8, 10 = 344

>>1021629
>It's up to you whether the bigger problem here in town was you being sick in bed, or you being in a position of power, and alive
>>1021726
>I formally declared that I was temporarily assuming the duties of Satrap

"Take it." Ruban starts in a hoarse whisper.
"I resign. Lock me up, I don't want the house or the silks or the office. If you don't try me then I'll head to the isle myself, submit myself to the order. Whatever you do, just keep me far away from the threshold. I've..."
"I've see the horrors lurking beyond the island. I've got a few tools that help me understand bureaucracy better, and I found a way to turn a blind eye to certain administrative duties, delegate them out, and thereby avoid violating the contract directly. People are scared. Every day there's talk that the monsters on the edge of the world are getting closer and that families are going to have to fend for themselves when the legions are too busy strangling money or blood out of each other to defend them. So, when I talk to certain elders or foremen, I make it clear that I don't need to count the production myself- if iron yields are down a couple hundred pounds from last year, it can't be helped, times being what they are, no reason to doubt them. Balancing safety and productivity are fine lines- giving the people trust to care for their needs goes a long way towards keeping them loyal."

Full confession essentially amounts to... well, it's questionable if it's technically breaking any laws. Essentially boils down to admitting less strict enforcement of tribute oversight to try and keep the population safe and loyal, stave off growing unrest in the time of tumult. Posu could certainly find some way to throw the book at her if desired. Loyalty to the realm specifically seems questionable- she seems concerned with self preservation first and administering to the town second.

>>1021771
Alright, sweep of the town doesn't produce anything, so the oath-bound can feel confident no one here is secretly infected and that whatever orchids were here are gone. Out in the woods you get a few false alarms- ants, infected with some sort of fungus that uses them to disperse spores, frogs with too many legs eaten, wasps that lay their eggs in still living creatures, that sort of thing. Nothing which seems out of the ordinary or part of a plot to subjugate this region of creation. I don't have good numbers on demense size or area outside the town that could house people, so I'm just gonna say based on the math in the discord that you spend an hour searching without any alarm-bell pings being discovered.

>>1022047
2, 4, 6, 7, 4, 6,
Single success, but you've got magic compass powers, so that's probably sufficient to not get lost while you're out and about.

>>1022269
>>1023106
Ribbons, Hortense, and Posu all converge on the town hall at once- Posu and Hortense looking for Buonaparte, and Ribbons following her senses to meet up with Posu, the only other oath-bound still in town. Hortense looks surprised at the sight of Posu, before giving a bow and asking after her in Old Realm.
"Ah, a soldier of the dragons, no? I did not expect Ironport to be visited again so soon. Are you here to speak to the Satrap? If you haven't been formally greeted, then allow me to introduce our house and explain the going ons of the past few days."
If not stopped she simply regurgitates information Posu, Ribbons, and the players as a whole, have already heard. Star-wipe-propeller-noise what do next?
>>
No. 1023374 ID: f57349

rolled 7, 5, 3, 7, 1, 7, 5, 8, 10, 1, 2, 4, 6, 1, 6, 6, 3, 8, 9, 6, 3, 7, 2, 3, 2, 4, 4, 4, 3, 4, 7, 7, 8, 4, 8, 8, 6, 5, 6, 4, 7, 5, 7, 6, 6, 1, 1, 7, 5, 8, 3, 4, 9, 9, 8, 5, 10, 5, 2, 5 = 317

After any other urgent medical problems among the townsfolk have been dealt with, Agent Lobelia will ask to examine the rooms where the previous sworn brotherhood stayed while they were here. That should be an adequate starting point for tracking them with Inevitable Pursuit, assuming the trail wasn't supernaturally concealed.
>>
No. 1023380 ID: ef8ef0

rolled 5, 1, 2, 4, 8, 8, 7, 1, 10, 5, 2, 3, 2, 4, 5, 9, 10, 3, 9, 9, 2, 5, 2, 1, 5, 5, 9, 1, 2, 6, 5, 1, 7, 2, 8, 2, 9, 5, 5, 8, 9, 4, 6, 4, 10, 5, 8, 6, 10, 7 = 266

>>1023298
"You will be able to resign at a future date when the issues of the present Wyld Hunt are dealt with. You will be tried at that time, though your cooperation will earn you a lessened sentence provided duty in the short run. Your duties will also include identifying a suitable replacement for training. I will have further questions about the previous group of Dragons that visited this city when I am done handling the potential danger in the city."

And Posu would head off with the orb in hand keeping an eye on Buonaparte. Stopping, though keeping an eye on the scrying, only as Ribbons and Hortense arrive, and being sure to find out about the general. And after exchanging a brief greeting with the stirge turned to Ribbons.

"Good that you are here, I was hoping to ask some questions to the 'satrap' regarding some items found and your particular skills would expedite the process significantly and with less possible damage."
>>
No. 1023390 ID: 287555

>>1023374
After the sweep, Marisa will tag along with the monk, for now. If nothing else, she's got dots in Awareness and Survival, and can provide cooperation dice on the attempted tracking action.
>>
No. 1023411 ID: 59f01e

rolled 4, 10, 4, 4, 4, 4, 7, 9, 5, 8, 2, 6, 3, 6, 9, 9, 2, 3, 10, 9, 5, 9, 2, 1, 9, 5, 1, 7, 10, 3, 3, 10, 1, 10, 1, 6, 10, 3, 10, 5, 6, 4, 5, 7, 5, 6, 3, 4, 8, 4, 5, 4, 6, 8, 7, 8, 8, 3, 3, 2 = 335

>>1023374
You pass out minor miracles to the huddled unwashed masses at the immaculate temple- a colicky baby nurses again, a logger regains lost fingers, an orphans fever breaks, etc, before you hear a soft knock at the door. A scream from one of the populace is quickly stifled by their neighbor as the strigfolk give you rough bows. They request you meet them outside the temple, and quickly explain they came to you in search of healing, having been told you were a doctor of sorts, but that they didn't want to show off an injured man to the people in the temple, lest it upset them further and sour impressions for the wrong reasons. They gently lower him to the ground- he's asleep, with a minor head wound, but is easily roused and taken care of.

"Ah don't rightly know what happened." the man says, sitting up groggily and rubbing the back of his head. "I was leaving the camp cause I wasn't have none more-a this nonesense, and I just felt a sudden wave overcome me. Everythings warm and dark and rushing wind and then next thing I know I wake up here. You folks our new overlords or something like that? I can tell ya where the gods of the woods are holed up, don't need to be no trouble or pointy sticks if you're thinkin-a that sorta thing."

> That should be an adequate starting point for tracking them with Inevitable Pursuit, assuming the trail wasn't supernaturally concealed
Interested in resolving this soon, just wanna finish the current conversation first.
>>
No. 1023588 ID: 911880

rolled 3, 4, 2, 4, 5, 3, 10, 10, 2, 3, 3, 7, 4, 4, 7, 5, 5, 7, 4, 7 = 99

>>1023380
> particular skills would expedite the process significantly and with less possible damage

"would that be the skills I have demonstrated, or the Skills you think I have?"

Ribbons would joke, handing them the notes they took on the interaction with the Stirgefolk, looking around to see if Keri was nearby.

"And I may be one step ahead of you on that. If you wish to question them, would it not be apt to talk to the Mother? after all, she is the one in charge and her second in command seem to just be following orders. Besides if the corruption in this city is true and the stirgefolk are enacting a legal take over with a paper trail and everything, would that not be a net positive? Assuming the Mother has been telling her Daughter the truth. Perhaps we can Lure her out by offering to help expedite her request and help make it more legal? allow us to press her for this information as well as if she is Guilty of playing a part in this poisoning scheme was it? not have to fight her on her home turf."
>>
No. 1023722 ID: cff2d9

rolled 7, 1, 9, 8, 10, 5, 1, 8, 4, 1, 2, 1, 9, 7, 1, 9, 8, 7, 6, 10, 2, 3, 8, 3, 9, 3, 6, 9, 9, 10, 10, 6, 10, 5, 7, 3, 7, 10, 6, 3, 10, 4, 4, 1, 2, 9, 10, 8, 7, 5 = 303

>>1023588
Posu ignored the leading comment as she responded to the second.

"Consider for a second the kind of political disunity that such an action would imply, willingly selling out Ragara family holdings to a known would be usurper. Taking such an action would say to the world that our hold on our lands is tenuous at best, rolling over and making it easier for the people who would think to capitalize on the rare occasion where that might be true would open too many possible fires to maintain proper order. A better solution can be exacted without paving the way for the barbarians at the gate to tear down the great works. The fact that they stand accused of possession of a Chakra Blossom Orchid capable of wiping entire villages off the face of the map is the Daiklave sized dagger in the heart of any real chances they have of actually being allowed to persist.

"Besides, this strictly speaking isn't her home territory. The stirge are as much visitors as anyone else."
>>
No. 1023743 ID: 287555

rolled 2, 5, 2, 5, 9, 9, 4, 6, 6, 9, 5, 3, 9, 3, 6, 4, 4, 6, 10, 7, 8, 10, 7, 1, 2, 5, 6, 1, 10, 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 10, 10, 3, 2, 10, 9, 7, 1, 9, 3, 6, 4, 6, 5, 10 = 285

>>1023411
>You folks our new overlords or something like that?
"Don't worry!" Marisa replies in high realm with a grin "The good-old overlords are still in charge."

>I can tell ya where the gods of the woods are holed up
"So uh, what's the story there, anyways? What'sa quarter of the townsfolk doing camped out in the forest in the company of spirits?"

Marisa will commit 2m personal (and spend another 1m surcharge) to activate Auspicious First Meeting Attitude (their last meeting didn't count, he was unconscious and she didn't even get a look at him) and she'll roll (Essence 4 + Willpower 10) to activate her Stone of Recognition. I'm not sure social combat is needed to get answers out of him if he's cooperative or disillusioned with the forest gods at this point, but if so, the dice pool is (Charisma 4 + Presence 3), +3 specialty dice from AFMA, possible benefits from the hearthstone, Appearance 2.
>>
No. 1024149 ID: 59f01e

rolled 5, 2, 1, 2, 6, 9, 6, 2, 8, 4, 6, 10, 4, 6, 6, 8, 3, 6, 10, 5, 9, 10, 9, 7, 7, 1, 5, 2, 3, 4, 2, 6, 6, 1, 2, 3, 10, 10, 3, 9, 4, 5, 8, 4, 1, 3, 10, 3, 10, 5, 5, 8, 8, 6, 10, 9, 7, 8, 6, 4 = 342

>>1023743
So, first off, stone of recognition, Marisa got
>2, 5, 2, 5, 9, 9, 4, 6, 6, 9, 5, 3, 9, 3, 6, 4,
And the villager, with e2 and WP 6, got
>>4, 10, 4, 4, 4, 4, 7, 9
Unlikely tie, no mechanical bonus.
>(their last meeting didn't count, he was unconscious and she didn't even get a look at him)
>Cumulatively reduce the Charm’s specialty by -1 per prior scene of social combat in which the Exalt and the target both participated.
First Meeting still goes off though, as you said- haven't had any social combat in the same scene before now.

4, 6, 10, 7, 8, 10, 7, 1, 2, 5, 6, 1, 10, 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 10, 10, 3, 2, 10, 9, 7, 1, 9, 3, 6, 4, 6, 5, 10 = 285
>What'sa quarter of the townsfolk doing camped out in the forest in the company of spirits?"
>4, 6, 10, 7, 8, 10, 7, 1, 2, 5, 6, 1, 10
Yeah, social combat or not, that's looking like nine success, more than enough to beat MDV 4.

The man with the treated head wound introduces himself as "Young Orsen" (he says it was a less confusing name when his father was alive) with a deferential bow.
"Begging your pardon, I mean no disrespect. We heard thems with spears were out to get the town, and I don't have it about me to defend mayselfs. I hope it's not too grave an insult to give mayselfs up that way m'liege. Anyways, your question!" he says, lifting his head from the bow and casting about your faces, judging approval levels as he continues:
"The Man O' the Woods thinks the other godsa jealous a him. Priests added him onto the calendar and tookaway from the sea gods favor, right? Long time ago, but that's only something that matters to us wee folks, them gods have a mind to hold onto grudges. So, when the woodsman gets his promotion, all it takes is an opportunity for the sea to get back at him. Thinks there's no other reason for him to be seen talking to armed outsiders. Suppose its not that odd to see an army let in the gates overnight and get spooked, but he's a mess. Thinks everyones out to get him, wouldn't let anyone leave, wants us to be ready to hold the earth hostage and I just couldn't take it. Found my way out, figured I try to throw my lot in with whoever he was so scared of here, hope they treated me better than a hungry captive."
At that his stomach rumbles and his face pales a bit.
"...I think I'd best be sitting down for a bit now."
>>
No. 1024255 ID: 287555

rolled 1, 1, 7, 9, 9, 5, 7, 2, 8, 9, 10, 8, 6, 4, 10, 7, 8, 8, 2, 6, 7, 5, 4, 9, 6, 7, 6, 6, 6, 3 = 186

>>1024149
Marisa turns to Lobelia "Sounds like we got an uppity god in need of smiting. Wanna broom-pool, or are you taking the medicopter?"

Pretty much waiting long enough for Young Orson to give directions towards wherever the King of the Wood is holed off with his hostages (and leaving the stirgefolk with an instruction to see he gets the care he needs), and then she's off.
>>
No. 1024260 ID: f57349

rolled 8, 1, 1, 8, 9, 4, 4, 5, 10, 4, 9, 2, 9, 4, 1, 8, 1, 8, 1, 4, 1, 8, 9, 9, 1, 1, 5, 9, 10, 5, 8, 6, 8, 4, 10, 5, 5, 10, 7, 3, 4, 7, 3, 9, 10, 8, 8, 5, 8, 8, 9, 10, 10, 9, 6, 4, 1, 8, 4, 10 = 366

>>1024255
>Wanna broom-pool, or are you taking the medicopter?"
"The latter. In fact, I'll race you, if you can name stakes which wouldn't violate my monastic vows. Once we arrive, please remember 'hostage situation' means that only 'zero fatalities' counts as a win... but if you end up needing to dismember somebody in self-defence, or as part of putting an overambitious spirit back in their place, I'll understand."

For that race, I'll be using Destiny-Knitting Entanglement and Mirror-Shattering Method for speed, Inevitable Pursuit for navigation - should be a simple matter of back-tracing Young Orsen's trail. Speaking of whom, I'll write up a quick letter of recommendation praising his adherence to the Fifth Diligent Practice, along with any other plausibly-relevant positive qualities he seems to possess, then shuck my resplendent destiny, direct that letter toward his next employer with Predestined Delivery Shaping (paid for with peripheral motes) and toss it vaguely heavenward over my shoulder with a shout of "Paper is in the sky, all's right with the world!" just before I submerge the medevac pod in the harbor to activate MSM.
>>
No. 1024267 ID: ab48d9

>>1023722
"Hm, true. Though if we intervene and show we are willing to help sanction such actions, may prevent future uprising. They initially planned to just take over and prove they can do a better job to validate their take over. If we intervene it will show other that the realm truly cares to make things better. Plus if you don't humor this idea, how do you plan to lure the leader out? If you use violence they will respond with such in return. Best not kick the beehive of you think they carry poison."

They would state, waiting to see what path they would take. Ribbons personally is on board with helping clear up corruption and giving the store a chance, so long as they are not behind the claim Posu was making.
>>
No. 1024268 ID: 17c4d8

rolled 10, 7, 5, 10, 6, 9, 1, 1, 7, 5, 4, 5, 1, 5, 4, 2, 4, 9, 8, 8, 4, 2, 4, 4, 3, 9, 8, 1, 9, 7, 2, 3, 5, 7, 7, 6, 3, 4, 2, 9, 9, 9, 4, 7, 5, 7, 10, 10, 5, 2 = 278

>>1024267
Posu would look at Ribbons with... Not a puzzled look, but the kind of look that one gives when they have said something that flies in the face of common sense.

"Because decentralizing your political power base into the hands of barbarians at best and a known infestation of heretics at worst that don't even have the proper decency to go through official channels is bad, actually. Anyway, the matter is already at least somewhat past that stage since I have already declared emergency powers as the most senior representative of House Ragara in the middle of a crisis, and I will have to personally root out corruption and train up competent replacements myself when this whole mess is over with. Or I might have the perfect son in mind to take over that job if this area can be made relatively safe.

"But, I plan on luring them out by walking through the door." Posu will take another look at the scrying orb locked on Buonaparte, and open the door to the office she is in, not paying Hortense a mind at all.
>>
No. 1024405 ID: 287555

rolled 9, 4, 6, 9, 9, 8, 5, 9, 9, 9, 1, 10, 5, 6, 9, 7, 5, 2, 8, 2, 6, 3, 3, 5, 5, 7, 7, 8, 1, 2, 6, 10, 1, 10, 3, 5, 5, 7, 5, 8, 2, 1, 7, 5, 1, 1, 4, 4, 2, 4, 10, 10, 2, 6, 5, 3, 5, 5, 4, 10, 8, 1, 4, 3, 7, 8, 4, 7, 6, 1, 9, 5, 4, 9, 1, 8, 6, 4, 9, 7, 6, 9, 5, 1, 1, 9, 6, 7, 5, 3, 2, 3, 10, 10, 3, 3, 3, 2, 5, 6 = 540

>>1024260
>I'll race you, if you can name stakes which wouldn't violate my monastic vows.
"Ooh! Loser has to polish the winner's ride?" Perhaps generous terms, given that the monk's ride is bigger than Marisa's, but she's excited to see Lobelia is less of a stick-in-the-mud than he seems, and she's trying to encourage that.

Base navigation roll is (I assume) (Mental Attribute + Survival), perhaps Sail, in a different context. Base difficulty reduced by 1 thanks to the RPA looted from Lintha pirates Marisa is currently carrying.

For the piloting action, and I assume the actual dice pool for racing, it's (Dexterity 5 + Ride 5 + Brooms 3) plus 2 autosuccess from the Gem of the Flight Zone.

If the end-goal and/or spirit sanctum needs to be located, Marisa's got (Perception 3 + Awareness 3) and she's willing to burn 3m for an autosuccess with the second perception excellency. She's also not afraid to break out the Illusion-Shattering Mirror, to commit 2m to Spirit-Detecting Mirror Technique or to shamelessly follow and blow past Lobelia if he gets a bead on the target before she does. (If there's an opposed roll to try and feint and send the other off on a false trail, I'm guessing that would be Larceny based?)

And of course, 1m on Heaven-Graced Riding Technique for the last stretch of the race. Not gonna burn motes trying to keep it active the whole time, might need those to deal with an uppity wood god.
>>
No. 1024585 ID: 59f01e

rolled 2, 10, 5, 9, 5, 4, 4, 10, 2, 10, 4, 4, 2, 2, 10, 2, 1, 4, 1, 7, 10, 6, 6, 5, 1, 4, 3, 9, 8, 7, 9, 4, 1, 1, 10, 3, 7, 3, 8, 5, 9, 7, 5, 3, 4, 4, 9, 7, 7, 5, 9, 2, 8, 1, 5, 4, 5, 9, 7, 8 = 326

The race begins with a two way split. Marisa shoots off into the woods, following directions from a man who just spent the last two hours being carried unconscious through the forest due to a head wound, while Lobelia sends her flying life support machine plummeting into the sea. An auspicious start for both. The main determiner for victory would of course be knowledge- something Lobelia has in abundance. See, while Marisa is guessing where to go, Lobelia can track Orsen exactly, and being immaterial means she can easily navigate the forest. The witches broom can corner well enough that dense trees pose no problem to her, but she can only try to catch up to Lobelia and follow when she finally realizes her lead on the finish line was bunk. The deal is sealed when she speeds ahead of the monk to arrive in an empty clearing at the heart of the demense- too little too late does she realizes the circle of telluric iron, arranged like a ring of mushrooms, is a gateway to a spirits abode, as Lobelia was able to simply pass over the threshold in her de-materialized state. Of course, since you didn't agree on what the actual end finish line was, there's room to debate if getting to the door first is enough to count as a win.

The rolls, for completeness sake:
>>1024255
> 5, 2, 1, 2, 6,
Botched directions roll
>1, 1, 7, 9, 9, 5, 7,
Not botched roll to get back on track
>2, 8, 9, 10, 8, 6, 4, 10, 7,
Eight successes to recognize the spirit sanctum, against difficulty three.

So, Lobelia is inside a spirit's sanctum. The major difference between it and the forest outside is the number of people huddled inside. Tall ferrous trees have iron-truffles amongst their gnarled roots, clear gouges from foraging hooves near a few. The amassed peoples are a mix of laborers, wielding axes and shovels, along with their families. The young and old stare at the newcomer, as do three spirits who appeared to be conversing previously. A boar made of metal, a man made of wood, and an ape, face framed by a braided mane topped with a bow, begin to approach- although the ape clings to the others legs and only peers at you from behind them.

"A monk!" the one of bark announces.
"Surely you are here to save us from our plight! We are stranded, surrounded by plotters who seek to sell Ironport to the highest bidder, along with those who oppose! Have you word from the temple? What news do you bring from outside?"

"You would be better off asking for food, or sense." snorts the boar.
"I do bid you to speak though, monk, should it not violate your vows. Know you are in my home, and I do not take kindly to those who would threaten my domain."

At the boars threat, the ape yelps, throws their arms up and scampers a safe distance away, thumb in mouth as it watches the proceedings.
>>
No. 1024587 ID: 59f01e

rolled 6, 1, 7, 5, 5, 5, 7, 1, 7, 5, 5, 10, 1, 1, 10, 6, 7, 10, 2, 7, 6, 3, 4, 1, 5, 9, 3, 10, 10, 3, 2, 10, 7, 10, 1, 1, 5, 9, 3, 7, 9, 1, 5, 7, 5, 8, 2, 8, 6, 2, 2, 1, 9, 7, 1, 4, 2, 10, 10, 8 = 324

>>1024267
>>1024268
Buonaparte blinks, looking at Posu first, then Ribbons, then Hortense. She looks down again at her writing, takes a long pause, before setting the quill down and straightening her papers. Standing, she bows silently, and gestures to the desk, averting her gaze. Hortense stands wordless by the door, as both parties await for you to speak.
>>
No. 1024604 ID: 9f07ed

rolled 6, 3, 5, 7, 7, 3, 10, 6, 2, 1, 5, 2, 5, 2, 9, 9, 1, 3, 8, 9, 9, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 6, 10, 5, 3, 1, 3, 2, 3, 6, 4, 8, 5, 1, 6, 3, 8, 1, 7, 9, 9, 9, 9, 4 = 255

>>1024587
Posu would, most immediately, take a quick look at the paper that Buonaparte is writing on, reading as much as she can in the few seconds that she would have a good look at it, clearly straining the chair which wasn't built for a giant in jade power armor.

"So, General Buonaparte. There are some questions about some items, and especially the Chakra Orchid, found in this room that my assistant will voice more formally."

She put a particularly venomous emphasis on the epithet of general, clearly intoned that she was aware of at least a good bit of what she was hiding.
>>
No. 1024607 ID: 911880

rolled 10, 7, 7, 1, 6, 10, 7, 9, 6, 2, 3, 1, 4, 8, 1, 4, 3, 6, 8, 7 = 110

>>1024604
Ribbons realized that Posu already had plans for this town, one that does not involve giving the beastmen a chance. They may barbaric, but they seemed to be doing the best they could to legally take over. They had a drafted letter and seemed to have taken over diplomatically. But this was more to confirm a suspicion. . . And seeing how she addressed themselves on being a spy, should not have been as surprise when she just bluntly asked about the poison. No time to set the mood, to establish any charms, just right to the point.
Best course of action is just to be ready to take notes and keep an eye on Bonaparte to get a read on her reaction to all this.
>>
No. 1024621 ID: f57349

rolled 2, 2, 2, 7, 8, 10, 9, 10, 6, 6, 6, 1, 7, 1, 6, 1, 4, 4, 7, 5, 4, 7, 8, 7, 3, 6, 4, 8, 8, 4, 8, 1, 8, 2, 10, 4, 3, 7, 2, 7, 10, 3, 10, 1, 5, 2, 10, 3, 8, 5, 5, 5, 8, 4, 7, 4, 4, 3, 10, 1 = 323

>>1024585
Spending willpower to re-don my resplendent destiny just a moment before arrival.

First I'll look around to gauge the size and shape of the sanctum interior and number of people present without saying anything. When Marisa gets close, I'll try reaching an arm out through the sanctum entrance, pull her in.

Once she's there, and assuming no immediate fight...
"I am currently investigating allegations of improper geomancy and extorted worship. Is anyone being held here against their will, or in need of medical care? Safe transit can easily be arranged to an area under Ragara Bolang Posu's control, even for those unable to walk."
>>
No. 1024731 ID: 287555

rolled 5, 4, 7, 8, 10, 6, 4, 4, 8, 9, 7, 9, 6, 7, 10, 4, 1, 5, 10, 5 = 129

>little too late does she realizes the circle of telluric iron, arranged like a ring of mushrooms, is a gateway to a spirits abode
Hmmmmm.
>When Marisa gets close, I'll try reaching an arm out through the sanctum entrance, pull her in.
Meep!

>>1024585
I'm going to assume the spirits were talking in old realm, but Marisa's got a transparent hummingbird hanging out by her shoulder who's plenty used to acting as a translator, so she gets the gist.

>Tall ferrous trees have iron-truffles amongst their gnarled roots, clear gouges from foraging hooves near a few.
Ooh, metal mushrooms you say? Not much good for eating then, but maybe they have some interesting alchemical properties... though probably can't go borrowing any with everyone watching, and those might just be fighting words Lobelia just uttered. Marisa bouncers her mini-hakkero one-handed, while eyeing the spirits, waiting to see if she's going to have to resort to explosions or not.
>>
No. 1025178 ID: 59f01e

rolled 8, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 9, 7, 10, 3, 5, 1, 10, 1, 10, 3, 3, 7, 6, 1, 2, 9, 9, 6, 1, 1, 3, 8, 3, 7, 5, 6, 3, 9, 1, 8, 2, 9, 8, 1, 7, 9, 7, 10, 9, 7, 5, 9, 10, 5, 7, 1, 8, 9, 8, 7, 10, 7, 10, 4 = 358

The letter reads as follows:

"To the house Ragara, rightful stewards of this region of Creation:

Know me by my family name, Morose. Know me by my given name, Buonaparte. I, like you, was born special. I am set apart from the peers in my family, and because of this, I have had a duty, as do you. To lead, to do what others cannot, because to fail to do so means ruin and a slow, wasteful exsanguination. The walls of the world are not what they once were. They fiends that prey on the edges of creation are numerous, as is the rot that plagues it from within. It is true that the miraculous deeds of a few have forestalled the slow spiral into oblivion, but we cannot count on this forever. We must grow strong, forge a new world, and find the path that leads ahead.

To this end, I have been raised and to this end my children and peers have been raised. Yet we are but one family. I have been tasked with securing our future by expanding the claims and resources my family has, such that new lands could grow strong as well. I see house Ragara as both an ally and a threat in this endeavor. Ironport will benefit from our influence, and house Ragara will share in that as well. They have martial prowess we do not, and for this, we pay humble tribute as vassals. As our lords, they have the right to call on us as conscripts and reap the fat from the land such that they can maintain our defenses, shielding us from the greater evils lurking beyond the grave. Yet, this dynamic also means on a whim, I may be killed. The temper of a passionate soldier, the fact that I am different in build and appearance, the fact that my name is not of a favored line- all of these may set your house against me. For this reason, I feel on edge, a losing battle against short sighted prejudice already started in my mind. I have been uncouth and undisciplined allowing these feelings to rule me and assuming that your house would act on my fears, traits unbecoming of a leader. Your grace in the matter was something I did not earn, something many lessers lack. I cannot push this however; not only would it be unright, but also I am as of yet undeserving. As an outsider, you see soldiers occupying your rightful lands, and no labor or fruits to prove good will. So, allow us to propose a gift and an exchange. I shall send members of my family to a court of your choosing and pay for the time I have cost you here. I can send new trade vessels, fit for ocean or river travel, along with strong silk sails to repair or refit your current vessels.

Outside of this, I can offer a trade request. Allow me and members of my family to emigrate to ironport, and instill the official duties of Satrap to me. Not only will we see the town defended, increase health and prosperity, and send this tribute to the isle, but we will clean the shadowland to the south. I ha..."

The letter cuts off, clearly unfinished.

>>1024604
>that my assistant will voice more formally
"Ah, yes, the orchids. Useful tools, when controlled correctly. Especially potent when dealing with the undead. So what questions did you want to ask?
>>1024607
That comment is directed at Ribbons directly, after Posu implied they'll ask the questions. So, going to sit back silently and take notes, or step up to lead the third interrogation?

>>1024621
Dodge MDV of 8 means there's little reason to stat this out as social combat- Boar's attack compelling you to state your name and business doesn't have much chance to land. It does however, let out a deep, grumbling laugh.
"Guffaw! Finally, these pests will be gone from my home! You hear that Tellus Dasos? You have no more excuse to quarter yours here, they are safe elsewhere!"
It begins to chase and stomp, running up to scared villagers and skidding to a halt before bellowing in their faces, laughing and taking great delight causing this terror. You can hear it speak to you still as if it were directly in front of you, despite it currently yelling and running in various parts of it's sanctum.
"Very well! Be you petulant or rude so long as you take them from my home and bother me not. If you wish a favor in return for services rendered, I will demand a proper introduction however. Barge into my home no longer than you need to do your business and begone."


The god identified as Tellus Dasos approaches Lobelia and stands in front of her, back turned, arms flung wide.

"Good people! We all want to be delivered but we know not who this agent works for! Do not deliver yourself to the jaws of the lion if you smell fresh meat inside!"

Clearly trying to counteract what Lobelia just offered. What do?
>>
No. 1025201 ID: 287555

rolled 7, 10, 10, 6, 1, 9, 8, 10, 7, 2, 4, 1, 4, 8, 1, 2, 8, 5, 1, 4, 7, 4, 10, 8, 4, 1, 5, 4, 5, 6, 1, 4, 1, 8, 5, 1, 7, 7, 4, 7, 10, 2, 6, 9, 2, 7, 4, 4, 2, 2 = 255

> Dodge MDV of 8 means there's little reason to stat this out as social combat- Boar's attack compelling you to state your name and business doesn't have much chance to land.
Assuming the spirit was speaking in Old Realm, a language Marisa is not fluent in, it wouldn have had even less chance to hit, even if it is being translated by her tag-along doldrum.

> It begins to chase and stomp, running up to scared villagers and skidding to a halt before bellowing in their faces, laughing and taking great delight causing this terror.

> I will demand a proper introduction however
"Nellens goddamn Marisa", the magician yells in high realm, eyes glowing and lightning crackling over her form, personal weapon leveled at the mortal-tormenting spirit. "And you will cut that shit out now, or your name will be a burnt scorch on the earth."

Intimidation-based social attack, Charisma 4 + Presence 3, Appearance 2, Stone of Recognition (Willpower 10 + Essence 4).

Reflexively commiting 3m peripheral to Glorious Birthright Font.
>>
No. 1025559 ID: 911880

rolled 9, 10, 1, 1, 2, 8, 9, 2, 2, 9, 4, 1, 8, 4, 2, 1, 3, 5, 9, 3, 5, 4, 8, 6, 6, 10, 7, 2, 9, 4, 6, 7, 7, 7, 1, 6, 8, 3, 9, 2 = 210

>>1025178
>So what questions did you want to ask?

Ribbons put the writing utensil they were using in the tip of their mouth, pondering her approach. the topic was brought up, so any subtly to approaching the topic is going to be a bit hard. little time to prep and this was a bit soon for their plans. when they opened their mouth to begin to approach the subject, they 'accidentally' flicked their pen at Bounaparte, quickly fumbling to catch it as it hit her.

"Oh I am so sorry about that Miss, I was trying to . . . and kinda. . . Ahem."

Ribbons smoothed out Bonaparte's sleeve before her own.

"So, You seem to be aware of what we are talking about, meaning you know how dangerous it can be. and seeing as it was found in this room, according to Posu, we are concern of why? can you explain why such an item was found?"

They trying to come off as someone who might be out of their league here, just following orders and hoping this goes smoothly and Honest.

(Deadliest of all Weapons(3m),Blinded by Laughter(2m),Birdsong over Blades(2m) total: 7 Personal Motes)(the pen fling was the 'attack' to apply the truth Poison)
>>
No. 1026442 ID: 287555

rolled 3, 7, 4, 9, 5, 6, 8, 1, 7, 10, 5, 9, 10, 3, 3, 8, 9, 3, 5, 4, 10, 3, 8, 8, 10, 2, 5, 2, 10, 5 = 182

>>1025201
Summarizing combat

In an extraordinarily poor decision, the porcine spirit is enraged enough to call the bluff of the Nellen's scion, and charges the mortal. Gambling with an exalt who favors Larceny is far from wise, even less so when she's not bluffing at all, but has an armed and obvious compression of raw elemental fury aimed in your direction.

The combat is over quickly, a heron's cry splitting the air as Marisa blows the spirit back from his would-be victim with an explosion of fire, and as he hesitates, wounded and off balance, follows up with a hail of five-pointed stars, leaving him hairless but no-further harmed.

>he kneels, snout pressed into the earth with his eyes closed as a sign of submission.
>"Fine! You have bested me. I am no match for you, and will not protest your extraction of a penance." [High Realm]
"Right then buddy, you owe our friend here a boon," Marisa gestures with her thumb over her sparking shoulder at the (justifiably) terrified mortal behind her. "And behave, or next time I won't pull my shots."

"Ooh! And I want some of those shrooms."

Dice if a roll is needed. Marisa's anima is up to 7/16, lightly lighting cracking up at candle brightness, one mote before anima flux collateral damage risks becoming a problem for other people.
>>
No. 1026493 ID: 59f01e

rolled 6, 3, 3, 10, 2, 4, 10, 3, 7, 3, 10, 2, 7, 4, 3, 1, 7, 1, 8, 1, 7, 8, 4, 7, 9, 5, 3, 8, 2, 2, 10, 4, 10, 2, 1, 2, 8, 1, 3, 4, 1, 2, 10, 4, 4, 9, 5, 6, 4, 1, 6, 7, 1, 10, 6, 9, 4, 7, 10, 4 = 305

>>1026442
>"Right then buddy, you owe our friend here a boon," Marisa gestures with her thumb over her sparking shoulder at the (justifiably) terrified mortal behind her. [...] "Ooh! And I want some of those shrooms."
>>1011085
Marisa can bank 1xp for a combination of good stunting and IC indulgence.

Eiser Torc huffs, rolls onto his side, and goes limp, presumably resting. Tellus Dasos looks nervously back and forth between Marisa and Lobelia, as do similarly wary onlookers. What's next?

>>1025559
>Deadliest of all Weapons, Blinded by Laughter, Birdsong over Blades
First we check to see if Buonaparte notices the attack. As an attack in plain sight, Ribbons suffers a -2 external penalty to their stealth roll, but due to the feint, and Posu's intimidating form overshadowing any threat Ribbons could pose, Buonaparte suffers a -2 internal penalty on the roll to notice.
>>1025178
>8, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4,
Wits 4, Awareness 4, -2 from distraction, so that's six dice. One success.

>9, 10, 1, 1, 2, 8, 9, 2, 2, 9, 4, 1,
Dex 5, Stealth 5, stunt 2, -2 successes, that's four overall. The attack goes completely unnoticed.
>Deadliest of all Weapons, Blinded by Laughter, Birdsong over Blades
Which means, thanks to your charms, Hortense and Posu don't notice it either, and it deals no damage but successfully delivers the truth poison. Resisting the poison is a difficulty five Stam+Resistance roll. she's got Stamina 4, Resistance 3, so that's
>9, 7, 10, 3, 5, 1, 10,
Six successes on seven dice- a surprising upset, but perhaps the wyld taint in her blood has thrown off Ribbon's carefully calculated serum.
>"So, You seem to be aware of what we are talking about, meaning you know how dangerous it can be. and seeing as it was found in this room, according to Posu, we are concern of why? can you explain why such an item was found?"
She sighs, and removes her ink-stained shirt, revealing more clearly the armor underneath.
"As I understand it, there is a shadowland a months travel from here. I was planning on using these Chakra Orchids to threaten this, either cleaning it up or extorting ghosts as was more valuable. It was our hope that "being the town which cleaned a shadowland" might garner us sufficient goodwill and reputation with the Realm that it would bolster our standing and potentially give us access to greater claims, proving worthwhile stewards. It was unclear to us when exactly the Realm would next visit, so this plan was more of a far-reaching hope than a concrete action. Any further questions?"

She looks inquisitively at Ribbons, pointedly not turning towards Posu, in case doing so would show disrespect towards the "trust' the Dragon Blooded placed in her scribe.
>>
No. 1026587 ID: 1ff27e

rolled 1, 8, 1, 6, 7, 3, 7, 8, 9, 9, 7, 5, 1, 7, 9, 1, 6, 4, 3, 10, 8, 3, 7, 1, 10, 6, 7, 2, 2, 5 = 163

>>1026493

"I believe that I may, actually. Such a specimen can be an incredibly difficult to obtain something like that, given the dangers I have read in reports on the creatures." She was providing a lead in to help steer the conversation while still seeming a passive observer, since it did occur to her perhaps too late that unlike the usual good cop bad cop routine she liked to rope Marissa into on the occasions that she felt so inclined to need backup, that Ribbons probably wouldn't already be aware of the directions she liked to lead investigations in, and since the mark was focused so heavily elsewhere, she wanted to help break that concentration so that when Ribbons struck the Stirge would be more likely to slip up and say something she shouldn't.

Mechanically I am attempting a coordinate attacks action, which in physical combat is Charisma+War, so here it would be Charisma+Socialize, possibly Manipulation+Socialize since Posu is going at it from a less direct angle.

Because there are 2 people being set up for attack (Posu and Ribbons) that's difficulty 1, and in 5 ticks if this goes off an opening will present itself.
>>
No. 1026741 ID: f57349

rolled 3, 8, 8, 4, 10, 6, 9, 7, 4, 2, 9, 5, 1, 1, 1, 8, 2, 1, 2, 8, 5, 6, 3, 8, 4, 6, 5, 7, 6, 6, 2, 10, 2, 6, 2, 6, 7, 10, 7, 10, 8, 7, 2, 7, 4, 3, 7, 3, 8, 7, 9, 3, 6, 7, 4, 6, 4, 2, 3, 10 = 327

>>1024621
>>1026442
"Thank you, Marisa, for handling that with such restraint. However, on the subject of boons owed..."
I'll pass her a sponge, crevice tool, and tube of the right sort of alchemical goop to prevent recent saltwater exposure from corroding an aerial rickshaw's impeller panels, gesture toward the medevac pod, then turn back to the wood spirit and switch from High Realm to the heavenly dialect of Old Realm.

"As I was saying, I at first considered it unlikely that a divinity so wise and esteemed as yourself would - as was alleged - grasp for worship beyond the ordained calendar," (using the High Realm word for 'worship')
Pause and give the crowd of captive mortals a meaningful look.
"Yet here we are. Is it also true that you have adopted spiteful scorched-earth tactics, like the anathema Samea? Absurd as that may seem, considering the sheer distance from Blackwater Mammoth lands, at this point it would be an act of negligence on my part to wholly discount the possibility. Nonetheless, a quick review of your office's geomantic maintenance log should be quite sufficient to settle the matter. If I may?"
I'll start walking toward the sanctum's writing desk (or wherever such papers seem likely to be kept) - in no hurry, but with confidence, implying that I'd search those records unless actively given reason not to.
>>
No. 1026807 ID: 911880

rolled 8, 7, 4, 10, 2, 8, 9, 1, 9, 3, 2, 3, 5, 1, 1, 3, 1, 9, 2, 1, 3, 3, 9, 3, 8, 6, 2, 4, 2, 2 = 131

>>1026587
"well Posu here has a point about it. Regardless of its use, it is concerning if this infestation did get out of hand. How did you get a hold of it? if found in the wild, and it isn't well contained. . . that can be an issue in its own right, plus with how much tension there is . . . It can be a problem if a Person could obtain their own dose and use it unskillfully. Look, I can understand what you are doing, and yea kinda sucks that we are here throwing your plans into the air, but your end goal. . . Help us and show you want to work with the Empire and please Posu, We can get this all formalized up and have the backing of a Dragon House in this endeavor. But we need to make sure this town isn't in danger of a Bio-hazard."

Ribbons put concern in their voice to emphasize that they are not accusing them of anything, put this is an act of concern. It was a concern, not that she had this, put that This bio-weapon was here to begin with and the uncertainty of how much was around.

(reward for Motes. and spending 2 Personal Motes on fateful on my social attack to decrease TN by 2)
>>
No. 1027295 ID: 59f01e

rolled 3, 4, 8, 3, 5, 1, 6, 3, 10, 3, 7, 3, 8, 7, 1, 3, 4, 7, 7, 10, 4, 7, 10, 1, 3, 3, 5, 6, 5, 9, 2, 7, 10, 6, 4, 4, 7, 2, 10, 2, 6, 8, 6, 7, 9, 9, 5, 8, 2, 1, 7, 1, 10, 10, 5, 6, 2, 5, 8, 1 = 326

>>1026741
> grasp for worship beyond the ordained calendar,
Tellus Dasos sputters, aghast-
"You must have me confused for the treacherous Limani! He schemes with mortals to advance beyond his domain! I have secreted these people away for their protection, not for illicit worship! Indeed, you should consult the heavenly offices to find I am not being awarded tribute outside my right good monk!

>Is it also true that you have adopted spiteful scorched-earth tactics, like the anathema Samea? [...] Nonetheless, a quick review of your office's geomantic maintenance log should be quite sufficient to settle the matter. If I may?"
>I'll start walking toward the sanctum's writing desk (or wherever such papers seem likely to be kept)

At this the Boar snorts from his position on the ground, then lets out a low rumbling chuckle that makes the ground ripple. With a sputtering cough though, he thinks better of showing insolent behavior again, and keeps whatever thoughts amuse him to himself. Limani shoots him a glare and speaks up
"This is not my office, but his. While i was once the god of this demense, when I was ordained to run the city as my domain Eiser Torc took on these duties in my stead. I believe he keeps no written records or files of any kind. It is true I have threatened to hold the demense hostage- but you must understand that is a last resort, not our primary function! Limani has had his pride wounded and he would see me broken into starmetal and any who offered me prayer during the calendar sold like cattle! We would rather die than let him use our bodies to fuel some punk rebellion or barter away the land and people of creation."

Eiser Torc stirs, lifting his head with an angry bellow-
"I may be whipped and beaten boy, but my body is not broken into metal yet! I've told you I'll have none of this fool talk about your suicide plot! My favor owed to you is cleared, you will not stand between me and my duty. Speak once more of your folly to churn my earths veins and disrupt her bloodflow and I shall breath down your neck hot as dragons fire and heavy as Gaia's rebuke!"
>>
No. 1027413 ID: f57349

rolled 6, 9, 2, 1, 3, 5, 3, 6, 5, 2, 8, 9, 3, 10, 5, 7, 7, 8, 5, 5, 9, 6, 6, 8, 4, 1, 5, 4, 5, 3, 10, 3, 2, 8, 9, 6, 4, 5, 9, 1, 9, 7, 1, 4, 4, 7, 2, 1, 6, 1, 9, 10, 8, 6, 9, 4, 8, 10, 7, 9 = 339

>>1027295
> keeps no written records or files of any kind
Left hand rises to cover my caste mark with the Mudra of Exasperation. "Alright, so even if we write off the mass imprisonment and assault as a misunderstanding, you're definitely on the hook for either gross negligence, interfering with an investigation, or both. Wonderful start. To the best of your recollection, then, have there been any solars, lunars, or abyssals in or near your territory in... say, the past thirty months? Even just briefly passing through."

There are more than a hundred mortal witnesses in here, right? Ought to be enough to fact-check at least some parts of the story with Efficient Secretary Technique.
>>
No. 1027489 ID: 287555

rolled 9, 7, 2, 9, 10, 3, 7, 5, 5, 8, 5, 4, 8, 4, 9, 7, 5, 4, 5, 10 = 126

>>1026741
>I'll pass her a sponge, crevice tool, and tube of the right sort of alchemical goop to prevent recent saltwater exposure from corroding an aerial rickshaw's impeller panels, gesture toward the medevac pod
Marisa catches the tools, but tucks them into her pockets instead of immediately getting to work. Chores take time, and there's still a lot of mortals here who need to be escorted home, and...
>>1027295
...it's not especially sure there won't be a second round with all that shouting that started up after Lobelia brought up worship.

Mechanically, Marisa's going to continue to float between the misbehaving divinities and the mortals (blockade movement), ready to resume blowing things up if they don't cooperate—usually if she's playing the big stick it's Posu doing the bureaucratic diplomancy, but it's a familiar rhythm.
>>
No. 1027710 ID: 59f01e

rolled 7, 5, 9, 9, 7, 1, 5, 3, 1, 6, 7, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 7, 9, 9, 4, 4, 9, 1, 10, 7, 4, 3, 2, 8, 7, 4, 4, 1, 8, 7, 4, 2, 6, 10, 5, 2, 5, 1, 1, 10, 7, 2, 5, 6, 9, 1, 10, 6, 4, 7, 6, 2, 8, 6, 9 = 328

>>1026587
>1, 8, 1, 6, 7, 3, 7,
Posu rolls four successes against difficulty one, so Buonaparte will have her DV penalized by 2 when Posu and Ribbons attack.
>>1026807
Okay, so base pool of ten plus one for stunting, don't think you've got any scenelong buffs up, TN5,
>8, 7, 4, 10, 2, 8, 9, 1, 9, 3, 2
Seven successes on a compulsion keyword attack to tell you where she got the plants, against dodge mdv of 6, penalized down to 1 by relative appearance (5 vs 3) and the coordinated attack. So yeah, the attack lands- relevant intimacies and stunting aren't enough to boost it back into defensible range.

"They were gifts from the family, meant to aid in our establishment as I outlined before. The Count, part of my mother's court, cultivates a garden of them for defense and utilitarian needs around the manor. They're on a secluded island, and well maintained, but if you're against the very notion of their existence, or at the very least against their existence in the hands of house Morose, I can arrange a meeting with the Count, or guide you to the island myself. I was told they would be having a feast soon, in celebration of our house's expansion- I believe you all would be welcomed as honored guests, should you wish to attend. Mother would be thrilled to host dignitaries from House Ragara, as she gets too little opportunity to make use of her courtly skills and would likely relish the chance to have guests of worthy status."

I'm unsure exactly how to handle responses- is following through on Ribbons attack supposed to be modeled as an attack on her tick, essentially forcing you to forfeit a turn if you get hit by a social attack, or does she get to talk out of turn as a response? Getting hit doesn't take your turn in normal combat, but it also usually doesn't require the participant actively do something for the effect to work. Hit sword, they bleed- hit with words, and they bleed words back?

Reason i bring this up is it determines whether or not she can be acting- say, taking the defend action, or hitting back with her own attacks or something of that nature.
>>
No. 1027712 ID: 59f01e

rolled 3, 4, 2, 2, 10, 1, 1, 10, 10, 9, 7, 6, 7, 6, 1, 8, 2, 9, 5, 5, 5, 1, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 4, 10, 9, 3, 7, 10, 6, 10, 9, 1, 3, 9, 1, 6, 4, 4, 6, 5, 10, 6, 9, 6, 7, 5, 10, 1, 9, 8, 5, 10, 9, 2, 4 = 333

>>1027413
>Alright, so even if we write off the mass imprisonment and assault as a misunderstanding, you're definitely on the hook for either gross negligence, interfering with an investigation, or both

Tellus Dasos looks confused, but has little time to act on it before Eiser Torc speaks out again-

"Imprisonment? I am assaulted by mannerless belligerents for attempting to speed forth their leaving and expedite the flush of irritants from my home, and now you accuse me of wrongdoing because they stay here?"
Then the man of bark speaks up, now glaring at Eiser Torc and Lobelia-
"Eiser is overeager to expel the villagers, but they have not been imprisoned, and I have lifted no hand against you! You would brand me for his actions, the keeping of his domain? This is ludicrous! You are arrayed with the sea god, cronies attempting to deceive these people and carry out his twisted revenge against imagined slights! He cannot stand to share the spotlight so he performs a coup and bribes the officials to stamp and seal it in a mock court- you pervert and profane the heavenly order!"

Charisma 3, performance 4, emotion keyword attack against everyone who can see/hear him conveying mistrust for Lobelia. Appearance 4 means the average laborer is going to have a dodge MDV of 0 against Tellus Dasos.
>>
No. 1028017 ID: 34d553

rolled 10, 10, 4, 4, 8, 10, 6, 2, 7, 8, 6, 3, 3, 9, 6, 1, 4, 5, 8, 10, 7, 1, 6, 5, 1, 2, 4, 10, 3, 8, 5, 8, 9, 8, 1, 10, 6, 2, 5, 4, 4, 3, 7, 3, 6, 2, 4, 2, 1, 6, 10, 3, 4, 6, 2, 7, 9, 2, 8, 6 = 324

>>1027712
Attempting a social Defend Other based on Charisma + Investigation. Can't even be bothered to maintain a writing desk here in his own sanctum, one of the most basic and universal responsibilities of all gods throughout Creation (even the illiterate ones!) since the very establishment of the Celestial Bureaucracy, and yet he's got the gall to accuse an actual Exalted monk of perversions against the divine order of things? Readily apparent facts contradict this claim.

Also going to use Wise Choice to consider my next move. Is there any peaceful / social tactic I can think of which would extract worthwhile information or concessions from these spirits, or does that senseless aggression and self-fulfilling paranoia run deep enough that the mission (including overall stability of Ironport) would be more efficiently advanced by Terminal Sanction?
>>
No. 1028079 ID: 38040d

rolled 10, 8, 4, 9, 2, 6, 2, 4, 7, 10, 6, 7, 7, 2, 6, 3, 5, 9, 8, 4, 5, 6, 1, 7, 7, 2, 2, 3, 8, 7, 7, 2, 5, 7, 8, 10, 7, 7, 10, 6, 9, 4, 6, 8, 5, 8, 10, 1, 4, 3 = 294

>>1027710
> I was told they would be having a feast soon, in celebration of our house's expansion- I believe you all would be welcomed as honored guests, should you wish to attend. Mother would be thrilled to host dignitaries from House Ragara, as she gets too little opportunity to make use of her courtly skills and would likely relish the chance to have guests of worthy status."


"Well, that sounds absolutely wonderful. I do have another discussion that needs to be carried out that will determine whether I would even be able to make it for most definitions of soon. And while we're here so I can go ahead and take care of that rather than chase down fires, would you mind having one of your daughters go fetch the local God for an interview?"
>>
No. 1028797 ID: 59f01e

rolled 5, 8, 10, 1, 9, 3, 1, 8, 5, 8, 5, 1, 2, 1, 8, 2, 8, 4, 4, 1, 10, 8, 6, 10, 6, 7, 5, 4, 5, 4, 6, 2, 2, 8, 7, 5, 7, 9, 3, 10, 9, 10, 10, 4, 5, 7, 7, 8, 5, 4, 10, 3, 2, 7, 4, 7, 8, 1, 9, 6 = 344

>>1028017
To be clear:

The sanctum belongs to Eiser Torc, the Iron Boar, who is god of the demense affecting Ironport and the one who assaulted Marisa and threatened the villagers.

Tellus Dasos is the man of Bark, one of the city gods of Ironport, who's jurisdiction extends to the mill, woods, and river that technically count as part of ironport for taxation and governing purposes, but are far enough outside the walls that spiritually they required a separate god. Tellus Dasos has not directly attacked the party, and he is purportedly (according to himself and the other spirits) harboring townsfolk for fear that they're under threat of lively harm due to a coup. He has encouraged the citizens not to listen to you, and claims you are working under false pretenses to falsely undermine him and pervert ironport for some nefarious purpose.

>Also going to use Wise Choice to consider my next move

>Wise Choice does not reveal options the Sidereal herself does not consider. For instance, if a Sidereal uses Wise Choice to choose between two paths in a labyrinth, the Charm won’t reveal the secret door that provides a third
option. The character must also define what sort of outcome she considers optimal: maximum profit, the shortest path
or whatever. The Charm always provides a rough estimate of personal danger, though.

Okay, defined parameters are "keeping ironport stable" and "yielding useful information/concessions" and the options considered are "work things out socially" vs "call another sidereal to utilize terminal sanction to bind the gods/replace them." then wise choice indicates social tactics would yield better results on the scale of a month.

>>1028079
Buonaparte nods at Hortense, and asks if her daughter may speak freely- she then recounts her encounter in the forest with the "spirit" who wanted to know more about their presence, and rewarded her with a precious gemstone for answering her questions. Buonaparte congratulates her, affirms that a local spirit would be welcome to dine with them- they should ensure there's no disruption to the local courts by their expansion of the town. The Viscount specifically should be notified so that his plans to correct the health and production of the town don't clash with the elementals and gods of the surrounding areas. Posu immediately recognizes that mortals working in tandem with spirits violates immaculate principles, so either Buonaparte doesn't understand this custom or is flagrantly disregarding the teachings in front of you. Of course, in turn that would mean sending them to request the presence of local gods also violates the teachings, so if Posu points this out it may she her willingness to disregard policy when it suits her- something I imagine she's not eager to do.

"The local immaculates know the rituals to beckon the spirits but... they have locked the doors and are unlikely to respond to us. My daughters nor I are aware of ways to find ironports gods directly- my scouting parties were interrupted on their search for Tellus Dasos and his would be extremists when they returned with injured townfolk who needed treatment in town. I would be happy to send her into the streets to shout and call, but we have no natural method to perceive spirits.
Posu also knows the stirgefolks have some bright morning- if they're searching for spirits the search parties may already be under the influence. Unclear if Buonaparte is attempting to hide the fact that she has access to it because she knows it's illegal, or if she's just reluctant to use it on this particular request.
>>
No. 1028823 ID: e51a6f

rolled 5, 2, 2, 8, 3, 7, 6, 5, 7, 7, 9, 9, 3, 1, 6, 7, 6, 8, 9, 7, 5, 7, 7, 8, 2, 9, 3, 1, 7, 9, 10, 3, 8, 4, 6, 5, 5, 3, 6, 9, 7, 10, 9, 9, 2, 9, 2, 7, 3, 6 = 298

>>1028797

She doesn't press that issue, but will again set up for Ribbons up to catch her off guard.

"I suppose that's true enough, though I actually did want to ask about your insistence on hunting down the rogue God personally. As you said, you don't have the tools to perceive a rogue God, let alone deal with them. Further, If Tellus Dasos and his fanatics really can destabilize the demense, they surely would have already. They gain nothing by hiding in the woods. You must strike and take control of the mills if you want to make up for the loss in iron tribute."

She made sure to quote exactly the words that were spoken to presumably Buonaparte, short of any other larger Stirges in charge of this operation being around, by the god that Posu was specifically looking to speak with. The tone of her voice shifting enough that the two masters of socializing would pick up that she was quoting something from memory rather than making a genuine observation on the actions of the would be terrorists or what she should actually do.

Manipulation 3 Socialize 3

Same as before factoring in both herself and Ribbons into this coordinate attack action.
>>
No. 1030185 ID: 287555

rolled 10, 4, 6, 3, 6, 1, 9, 4, 9, 2, 9, 8, 3, 8, 3, 10, 6, 9, 8, 5, 4, 2, 5, 7, 7, 4, 6, 1, 3, 3, 9, 5, 4, 8, 3, 5, 5, 7, 6, 7, 4, 5, 9, 2, 8, 10, 4, 1, 7, 7 = 281

>>1028797
"Yanno, I'm not following every word, but you're not 'xactly sounding as cooperative as I'd expect someone in your position to." Marisa drawls in High Realm. "Maybe ya just forgot, because I'm not the one asking questions all nice, but I already blew up your buddy, and I got no issue master sparking you, if that's how it's gonna be."

Social attack targeting Tellus Dasos, Emotion-keyword, attempting to instill fear as intimidation. Committing 2m personal (and spending a 1m surcharge) on Auspicious First Meeting Attitude (this is still the first scene Tellus has met / interacted with Marisa), and I'll trigger the Stone of Recognition too.

Marisa is specifically acting as if she's just reacting to the tone and yelling in a language she doesn't speak- she's not going to let on about the transparent air elemental whispering translations if the spirits have overlooked it in the heat of the moment.

Charisma 4 + Presence 3 + Exclusively vs Tellus Dasos 3 + Stunt, Appearance 2.
Willpower 10 + Essence 4 for the stone.
>>
No. 1031312 ID: 3f01d5

rolled 2, 9, 9, 7, 8, 3, 4, 7, 2, 1, 3, 1, 3, 5, 7, 6, 8, 2, 2, 7, 4, 8, 4, 1, 6, 8, 1, 6, 5, 5, 1, 6, 4, 4, 10, 8, 10, 3, 9, 8, 8, 10, 4, 3, 6, 8, 3, 1, 10, 4, 3, 6, 7, 4, 10, 1, 4, 8, 7, 9 = 323

>>1028017
>I don't care whose house it is. If Tellus Dasos has relevant files of his own, he should be telling me where those are, or personally fetching them, or something.
Okay, so, as part of using wise choice we're assuming that Lobelia knows what questions and conditions to put out better than JamesLeng does, and relying on that IC knowledge the monk essentially deduces that laying down the law, accusing them of the crimes they each have actually committed, and showing them that they're going to be better off listening to you, instead of worse, would be the most efficacious tact to take.

"So, to be clear then, Eiser Torc is being accused of fraternizing with mortals, assaulting citizens of the realm, and assaulting a Dragon Blooded.

Tellus Dasos is being accused of fraternizing with mortals, slander against the Immaculate Order, and will also be charged with impeding our investigation unless he volunteers his own records proving he is not working alongside anathema. Given that you are in fear of a coup, we can promise protection for the people of Ironport and ensure that Limani is appropriately reprimanded for infractions if they prove guilty, which records of your domain may help to prove should you be speaking the truth. I am willing to vouch for leniency if you can prove you are productive and cooperative members of the spirit court; if you continue to be obstinate and act to oppose us, I can promise you won't have to fear the other city god, because the fate the realm will have in store for you will be much more serious and immediate. Have I made myself clear?"

>>1030185
>10, 4, 6, 3, 6, 1, 9, 4, 9, 2, 9, 8, 3, 8,
That's 7 successes for Marisa vs 5 for Tellus Dasos. That's enough for the "thinks they know you effect" but doesn't count as a botch, which I think is the only time those bonus time come into play?
>3, 10, 6, 9, 8, 5, 4, 2, 5, 7, 7, 4,
Tellus Dasos has a dodge MDV of (WP 6 + E2 + Integrity 3)/2 for 5.5, rounded up to 6. Appearance 4 vs appearance 2 means a relative MDV modifier of 8- Marisa would need three more successes to land a solid hit. Eiser Torc Has an MDV of 6, no appearance modifier, and he's supressed valor for the rest of the scene which means he doesn't get an MDV bonus for going against it I think. Against that, Marisa rolls...
>6, 1, 3, 3, 9, 5, 4, 8, 3
Not enough there either. Perhaps surprisingly though, neither target elects to resist, bowing their heads in fears/respect to your threat. It seems the message of "Listen up or blow up, I don't particularly care which." doesn't need pretty words to impress it upon your targets when you've already proven it true. Marisa and Lobelia can peruse the records of each spirit's sanctums at their leasuire- it turns out that, while Eiser Torc doesn't keep an office stocked with paper and records in high realm, he does have local records- he has to use charms to remove sections of tree wood from his sanctum, which can then be read. Unfortunately, reading the tree rings is mechanically akin to a specialty dialect, so without translation magic you have to take his reports at face value, or pursue another avenue.
Before Lobelia and Marisa head to look at the paranoid city gods records, what are you doing about the sanctum full of hungry and thirsty people?
>>
No. 1031403 ID: f57349

rolled 3, 6, 8, 3, 10, 9, 1, 9, 7, 7, 1, 10, 10, 8, 6, 7, 9, 8, 2, 7, 4, 8, 8, 10, 8, 10, 6, 7, 6, 10, 4, 3, 8, 1, 10, 1, 8, 4, 1, 10, 10, 7, 2, 10, 9, 10, 2, 3, 7, 10, 5, 2, 1, 6, 3, 7, 3, 1, 3, 7 = 366

>what are you doing about the sanctum full of hungry and thirsty people?

Triage, first. Do any of these refugees have any medical conditions which are urgently life-threatening, contagious, or likely to interfere with walking back to town under their own power? Could use the medicine excellency or Supernal Awareness to help with that but I'm definitely going to avoid spending peripheral motes. If there are problems the medevac pod's internal tools can help with, we'll do so, and Marisa can cover mote costs - maybe call it part of the bet, since she wasn't in much of a hurry to get started on the actual cleaning.

Next priority is to bring an end to this unsanctioned consorting between mortals and spirits. Is the area immediately outside the sanctum clear of threats? Probably ought to send some hunters and lumberjacks out first, have them watch the perimeter while the rest of the group gets organized. Agent Iris (that is, Research Assistant Invocation applied to a convenient wildflower - who might very well be able to read tree rings like a native) can stay here to keep the boar-god honest while I escort the humans back home. I'll be in the rear of the column, to catch stragglers.

Probably don't have enough celestial trail rations for everybody, so, might be better to keep those tucked away for now rather than risk competition getting ugly. I'll do what I can with Bureaucracy, Craft (Wood), and/or Craft (Water) to make sure whatever mundane food is available gets distributed equitably, and as many as possible have clean socks and other hiking necessities.

As for thirst, there ought to be at least one barrel of potable water back on the ship which I have enough of a claim over to be able to tug on it with Destiny-Knitting Entanglement. Let's see if I can arrange for those supplies to meet us halfway.
>>
No. 1031503 ID: 911880

rolled 3, 5, 8, 1, 8, 2, 8, 6, 2, 4, 4, 1, 6, 10, 6, 8, 3, 9, 6, 2 = 102

>>1028823
Ribbons Nodded as Posu seemed to quote something, but the quote seemed like a suggestion of a course of action, giving of a light chuckle, just loud enough to draw attention to themselves as they did want to jump in on this point before their guests had a chance to poke at it.

"Well, besides what may be a bit of tension, Posu seems to be trying to point you in a direction to help with the issue in the region. I do hope you understand her concerns about the Locus plan. You seemed to mean well and can see you want to prove yourself, not only that your family can be in charge of territory but. . . "

Ribbons let that hang. They did not want to make assumptions but wanted Bouneparte to fill in that blank.

"So If you can arrange to meet the larger Family, we would appreciate it and I would like to help us work together.So keeping communication is something I would Like. . . Perhaps Assigning someone to be your representative that can keep you in the loop of our activities and give us a connection of communication."

Ribbons was trying to convince her to lend them one of her soldiers as. . . Well, Ribbons had plans and could use more Fingers.

(not using charms as trying to refill motes XP)
>>
No. 1031897 ID: 3f01d5

rolled 3, 5, 4, 6, 8, 8, 3, 9, 10, 3, 5, 9, 10, 9, 8, 5, 1, 7, 6, 7, 2, 10, 1, 5, 1, 1, 6, 5, 2, 10, 8, 3, 2, 2, 2, 8, 6, 5, 7, 2, 10, 9, 3, 2, 3, 9, 1, 3, 10, 8, 8, 4, 8, 4, 3, 6, 6, 3, 2, 10 = 326

>>1031403
>Do any of these refugees have any medical conditions which are urgently life-threatening, contagious, or likely to interfere with walking back to town under their own power?

Pretty much everyone here is young or old- there's maybe a dozen laborers with the majority of the flock being those who couldn't hide in the woods or stay safe on their own. Inadequate supplies means almost everyone is suffering from a -1 internal penalty from hunger and -1 internal penalty due to thirst. Travel back will take roughly four hours due to delays from infirmities and rough terrain, but most people can get there under their own power with Marisa and Lobelia helping. About two hours in though, a commotion arises as they see a small contingent of stirgefolk armed and marching their way. You count six figures total- five stirges (three large and two small) as well as a bear of a man, shirtless with a massive belt hewn from pelts and wood. They seem surprised to see you, and stop to put down their load- two large barrels, being carried between a pair each. Want to roll to join debate, try to prevent a full blown panic from splintering the people, or do you have another approach?
>>
No. 1031910 ID: f57349

rolled 3, 5, 3, 2, 7, 4, 1, 1, 10, 10, 4, 10, 3, 8, 1, 2, 1, 10, 7, 2, 9, 10, 1, 8, 8, 3, 3, 3, 1, 4, 7, 2, 8, 9, 3, 6, 3, 9, 7, 8, 10, 3, 10, 4, 6, 10, 4, 9, 1, 10, 4, 8, 6, 2, 4, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 = 322

>>1031897
I'll ask if they have any alms to spare for a humble monk and this hungry congregation, along with formulaic flattery and polite, cautious inquiries about who they are and where they're headed. Rolling for Join Debate, trying to make an unexpected social attack to get them to spill more information than they'd otherwise intend to.
>>
No. 1031926 ID: 3f01d5

rolled 10, 6, 8, 2, 1, 9, 2, 1, 9, 10, 1, 4, 4, 8, 3, 6, 4, 5, 3, 10, 10, 2, 3, 5, 5, 3, 4, 7, 1, 2, 10, 5, 8, 10, 2, 6, 8, 8, 10, 8, 8, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 5, 10, 3, 5, 5, 5, 1, 2, 4, 10, 5, 1, 6, 1 = 304

>>1028823
5, 2, 2, 8, 3, 7, 6, 5, 7, 7, 9, 9, 3, 1, 6, 7, 6, 8, 9, 7, 5, 7, 7, 8, 2, 9, 3, 1, 7, 9, 10, 3, 8, 4, 6, 5, 5, 3, 6, 9, 7, 10, 9, 9, 2, 9, 2, 7, 3, 6 = 298
>As you said, you don't have the tools to perceive a rogue God, let alone deal with them.
"Ah, I see the misunderstanding" she says, bowing her head.
We are looking for his flock- he will be unable to do large scale disruptions to the demense without making himself known, but if he has a large enough force he can press gang into labor, such efforts could be done much more quickly, and threaten the towns prosperity. We have a small community here, so every able body that is turned from productive work at the mills and farms into the life of a bandit is a problem- surely you agree we cannot do nothing while citizens are abducted and potentially turned into raiders, forced to attack their brothers and sisters here to survive the woods. I also have access to enhancements which can help one evade the notice of spirits, see them more clearly, and the like. Alchemical trade support is one of the things that would set the new ironport apart from its previous management, making us more resiliant against rouge gods and Lintha and the like."

>Further, If Tellus Dasos and his fanatics really can destabilize the demense, they surely would have already.
"We are of a like mind! No, this is preventative care, looking after the safety and well being of the town.
She seems genuinely happy you share the same opinion of her- it's likely that this quote has flown over her head, and she simply believes you have common ground."

>5, 2, 2, 8, 3, 7, 6, 5,
Manipulation 3 Socialize 3 and stunt two, clearly that difficulty one check to coordinate with twice as many dice as you needed.

>>1031503
Yes, that sounds delightful. I would be happy to accompany you myself, or if you prefer I stay here, you may take any of my daughters- perhaps I could assign you a personal retinue? Five from our family should be plenty I imagine?

>>1031910
The large man with the large belt steps up and introduces himself to you as Illicium.
"Trader by day, champion wrestler by night!" he bleats out with a might guffaw, attempting to clasp your arm in one hands and clap you on the back with the other. You notice, as he looks over the crowd and whistles, that he hasn't broken a sweat, despite carrying heavy cargo for at least a mile over uneven ground.
"I'm not in the business of giving my goods away for free but... I suppose if you're looking for alms, or food and shelter, I could make that work. Yeah, I reckon that'd work just fine.
I've got a deal set up about a days walk from here little place called Esca. You and a few of your friends pitch in, help tend the garden and clean and such and we can make arrangements to make sure no one in your flock goes hungry. I can even wait around to guide you, ifn yous needs it. 'course, you can just head back to town, but I dunno if they can care for a buncha hungry folks like you- sizable population boost you all are getting these days, huh?"
He elbows one of the stirges in a friendly manner, who just looks back confused and disgruntled, as if the man spat on their shoes.

Lobelia hears a whisper from an immaterial Tellus Dasos:
"This must be a trick! I know this trader but he make no business that makes sense- he buys rainwater and salt, but not saltwater, and hauls it into the woods. Sometimes he is back three times in a month, sometimes he is not seen for six, but he possesses unnatural strength. The interlopers must have hired him as a mercenary to steal supplies from the town and weaken it! They should be tied to trees in the woods and left until you can confirm what Limani is up to and expel these sellswords!"
People are anxiously creeping back the way you came, spreading towards the trees and moving out of sight in case they need to hide or run. No one is making any sudden movements yet, but the barrel carriers are leaning on their spears as they rest.
>>
No. 1031928 ID: 287555

rolled 7, 10, 4, 3, 3, 9, 8, 8, 3, 4, 9, 3, 6, 5, 7, 1, 6, 9, 10, 10 = 125

>>1031910
If Lobelia is up front meeting with the new group, Marisa is probably around the rear of the group, making sure no one is getting left behind. She can catch up quick if she needs to, but an obvious dynast flying up on a magic broom with artifact gear seems like it would undercut the monk asking for alms approach. (Can you contribute cooperation dice by just making the choice to keep out of an ally's way?)
>>
No. 1031944 ID: f57349

rolled 2, 5, 7, 9, 6, 6, 6, 1, 4, 10, 5, 1, 1, 6, 4, 2, 2, 9, 9, 9, 7, 6, 7, 9, 6, 4, 7, 4, 9, 1, 1, 7, 2, 2, 3, 8, 1, 3, 7, 8, 6, 10, 5, 8, 10, 10, 8, 7, 7, 4, 2, 1, 5, 10, 8, 10, 5, 1, 2, 8 = 333

>>1031926
>I'm not in the business of giving my goods away for free
"As is only wise and proper, in accordance with the teachings of Danaa'd regarding self-sufficiency. Nonetheless, in accordance with the teachings of both Pasiap and Sextes Jylis, needful supplies donated to the Immaculate Order are not 'for nothing' - rather, a just repayment for past services, as well as an investment in personal spiritual growth, and even the defense and enrichment of the wider world. A farmer in spring may appear to be carelessly throwing seeds away, but if this is not done, come autumn there will be no crops to harvest.
"On a related subject, however, I am quite curious what price you paid in order to acquire those two barrels of provisions which appear to be marked, not only as charitable donations bound for an Immaculate Order monastery in An-Teng, but also plunder seized by the Lintha?"

>"Trader by day, champion wrestler by night!"
Seems like an ideal opening to name-drop Ragara Bolang Posu, as subtle intimidation to put them off-balance and thereby expose any flaws in their story.
>>
No. 1032062 ID: 3f01d5

rolled 1, 3, 5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 1, 5, 10, 6, 8, 4, 6, 8, 3, 2, 4, 4, 3, 7, 2, 6, 1, 5, 10, 2, 10, 1, 6, 2, 2, 2, 6, 4, 4, 2, 4, 5, 2, 3, 4, 8, 5, 7, 3, 6, 3, 5, 9, 1, 2, 9, 2, 6, 6, 8, 1, 5, 9 = 277

>>1031944
>Nonetheless, in accordance with the teachings of both Pasiap and Sextes Jylis, needful supplies donated to the Immaculate Order are not 'for nothing' - rather, a just repayment for past services, as well as an investment in personal spiritual growth, and even the defense and enrichment of the wider world. A farmer in spring may appear to be carelessly throwing seeds away, but if this is not done, come autumn there will be no crops to harvest.
>"On a related subject, however, I am quite curious what price you paid in order to acquire those two barrels of provisions which appear to be marked, not only as charitable donations bound for an Immaculate Order monastery in An-Teng, but also plunder seized by the Lintha?"

Oh-ho! Now the temples talk of seed money? I've certainly heard this story before!"
He lets out another hearty chuckle after issuing what could be taken as an insult- mixing edged words and jovial tone is a tactic Lobelia has oft observed among those who want to have an air of plausible deniability if they were ever accused of meaning what they say.
"Well, let it not be said that Illicium neglects his debts and takes without giving back! Here- I'd have no good trade if you didn't keep the seasons right and the demons at bay as you so rightly point out my friend."
He tosses about three dinars of mixed silver coinage into the alm bowl and takes a look over the barrels.

"Well, if that doesn't just pin me to a rock. I didn't realize these weren't town property- if I'd have even noticed the markings I'd of assumed they were just part of this towns donations being sold for temple upkeep and stuff. Usually I just pay the price of the barrels, and if I bring 'em back I get my money back, minus a nominal service fee. Hired some help this time though, to get 'em where I'm going. If'n that's rightly your property, we can go back right now, get it sorted out, and I can meet this champion wrestler of yours, maybe even convince her to come down to Esca with me for a night of games!"

For clarity, Illicium is speaking in High Realm, and repeating key phrases as needed in firetongue and riverspeak.
>>
No. 1032216 ID: 719a05

rolled 6, 6, 2, 8, 10, 2, 4, 5, 1, 8, 2, 3, 10, 3, 5, 3, 6, 6, 5, 10, 1, 2, 1, 2, 7, 3, 6, 8, 6, 9, 10, 6, 8, 3, 6, 6, 10, 4, 6, 6, 10, 4, 9, 7, 2, 6, 2, 10, 2, 9 = 276

>>1031926
> We are looking for his flock- he will be unable to do large scale disruptions to the demense without making himself known, but if he has a large enough force he can press gang into labor, such efforts could be done much more quickly, and threaten the towns prosperity. We have a small community here, so every able body that is turned from productive work at the mills and farms into the life of a bandit is a problem- surely you agree we cannot do nothing while citizens are abducted and potentially turned into raiders, forced to attack their brothers and sisters here to survive the woods. I also have access to enhancements which can help one evade the notice of spirits, see them more clearly, and the like. Alchemical trade support is one of the things that would set the new ironport apart from its previous management, making us more resiliant against rouge gods and Lintha and the like."

"And so a contradiction is born, in claiming that you have enhancements which can allow one to see the immaterial, and that you have no method by which the city god Limani might be found. But, hopefully the god Limani might be brought to speak before me for a simple conversation before the monk in my company can hunt down the rogue god for far more in depth interrogation. But, on that note, why don't you tell me more about this Alchemical trade that you are aiming to support?"

She waved off the suggestion of adding one or more of the Stirges to their retinue with a gesture clearly indicating another time.

Making a Manipulation 3 + Presence 3 -2 Multi-Action Penalty + Stunt Illusion keyword attack aiming to convince Buonaparte to think that it would be a lot better to have the city god talk to Posu as fast as possible before the Immaculate Monk she is traveling with does.

And a Charisma 3 + Investigation 4 -3 Multi-Action Penalty + Stunt Compulsion keyword attack aiming to get her to start talking about the Alchemy business, specifically hoping she will continue spilling the beans on specific illegal things she and her family are up to.
>>
No. 1032616 ID: 911880

rolled 8, 8, 1, 3, 3, 7, 1, 2, 1, 1, 10, 5, 10, 1, 1, 1, 10, 4, 9, 4, 1, 5, 7, 4, 10, 3, 3, 1, 8, 7 = 139

>>1031926
>Yes, that sounds delightful. I would be happy to accompany you myself, or if you prefer I stay here, you may take any of my daughters- perhaps I could assign you a personal retinue? Five from our family should be plenty I imagine?

"hm, Well it seems Posu has use for you, but would not mind working side by side with your Daughters. I always found Beastmen culture so intriguing. Seeing as Posu still has Questions, I shall get Hmm, do not want to steal all your Daughters, perhaps just three for now? If you give me a quick writ to show them and I can work on catching them up to our standards"
>>
No. 1033296 ID: 3f01d5

>>1032216
"I have given you the wrong impression; if you would desire us to comb the streets calling and searching we could. I assumed if you asked for aid from the local temple it would be both more expedient and efficient, however if you feel it is some important judge of character or have a greater plan, I will not question your superior wisdom. I certainly would prefer greater insight if you would offer it."

"As for alchemy, we could likely attract or train specialists if we could reduce the impact the demense has on it's citizens health- home grown food and safer harbors would increase the population, allowing us to expand business. I was thinking the manufacture of talismans and compotes and the like, which would offend and repel undead or fey should be easy given the salt and iron. Easy to transfer and high value means we could potentially open up new routes of trade or add value to current shipments, and use that to invest in our defenses- tools to fend off other forms of spirit, and aid against the Lintha as we become a more lucrative target. Several members of the family are skilled in alchemy, and would be easy to trade with at good rates for anything we cannot easily make here."

So it seems the bright morning and potentially other illicit substances are being manufactured and distributed by the Morose family.

>>1032616
She quickly writes up a missive and applies a wax seal to it so you can show it to any of those who recognize her authority to "conscript" them. She asks for operational security you simply have them meet with her briefly after you select a retinue, so she can take proper inventory of who and what is leaving town.
>>
No. 1033299 ID: 3f01d5

rolled 3, 6, 2, 5, 4, 4, 5, 7, 8, 6, 3, 5, 10, 5, 9, 9, 6, 4, 10, 6, 8, 2, 9, 7, 3, 6, 9, 3, 7, 6, 4, 4, 9, 6, 6, 5, 7, 1, 5, 3, 8, 8, 2, 8, 9, 4, 8, 8, 3, 4, 2, 5, 9, 3, 8, 8, 6, 4, 10, 6 = 350

>>1031944
Alright, since it's been made clear to me you're not exactly sure what's going on with the ironport citizens and don't feel your rolls have been mechanically resolved with Illicium, so here's additional follow up information:

The general story the villagers tell you about what happened to them is all roughly the same, with different interpretations of intent. Three days ago they were told that armed bandits had been let into town, and the young/old/infirm should flee immediately, taking only what they could carry on their backs. Those who didn't flee were told to band together in the mill and prepare to defend themselves or negotiate for their own safety- if the threat turned out to pass, they could come find the sanctum and Tellus Dasos would watch for them. The majority of the villagers were there willingly, believing they were being kept safe from immanent harm- until food and water started to run out, not having brought provisions. Tellus Dasos tried to keep people soothed, but he seemed not to understand that dying of thirst and starvation was worse than risking bandits, pushing them not to leave "safety". He left to go try to procure them provisions, and later that day you all showed up. Everyone is scared because those armed bandits are here, in front of them now- the only reason they're not fleeing immediately is because you seem to be negotiating with them, maybe keeping them safe. How long that uneasy adhesion will continue to work is unclear.

So, Illicium. Trying to downplay yourself, act the humble monk is definitely a two dot stunt to conceal your intents here, bringing your Manipulation+Socialize+stunt pool up to 4 dice.
> 2, 5, 7, 9,
Two successes to try and get the drop on him, trick him into thinking you're no threat.
>>1032062
> 1, 3, 5, 5, 4, 5, 5,
And he botches his roll to see through it! Takes the innocent monk bit hook line and sinker, doesn't pay any mind to your eyes as you watch him work the crowd.

Ten dice for you to get a read on him though-
>6, 6, 6, 1, 4, 10, 5, 1, 1, 6,
And that wouldn't be enough to see through him normally, but with him botching and not considering you a threat, lets say you figure out his dominant emotion and an intimacy.

He's excited, and has an intimacy of loyalty to someone or something in Esca.

Ten dice to figure out if he's got something more insidious going on, rolls...
>4, 2, 2, 9, 9, 9, 7, 6, 7, 9,
Six successes, against MDV 0 since he's not expecting it. This guy is weighing the values of these people like fresh fish at a market. He does not have good intentions for them. He's primarily concerned with not raising any suspicions but, unlucky for him, he didn't consider the monk would be the one investigating him- figured he'd give your barrels back and throw a donation your way, get off without much more hassle, maybe even buy your trust. Slave trader wouldn't make sense though, not with people like these. Gotta want them for something other than labor.
>>
No. 1033379 ID: 287555

rolled 7, 10, 1, 6, 4, 2, 1, 5, 6, 4, 4, 1, 4, 9, 8, 10, 9, 10, 1, 7, 4, 3, 3, 8, 9, 1, 10, 4, 8, 5 = 164

>The general story the villagers tell you about what happened to them is all roughly the same, with different interpretations of intent. Three days ago they were told that armed bandits had been let into town
Marisa will chat with the villagers on the move, flying around and talking to smaller groups, and try to spread a more accurate story to reassure them. The stirgefolk aren't armed bandits, there's been no looting or killing. Seem more like overly enthusiastic immigrants? They want to be part of Ironport, not take from it.

Call the entire effort one mass social attack, treating the villagers as a social unit, Illusion keyword. Charisma 4 + Presence 3 2 (Capped by Socialize 2) + First Presence Excellency 2 (for 1m). Appearance 4, and the villagers possibly have their MDVs reduced by fatigue penalties.

>Everyone is scared because those armed bandits are here, in front of them now- the only reason they're not fleeing immediately is because you seem to be negotiating with them, maybe keeping them safe. How long that uneasy adhesion will continue to work is unclear.
Seeing the growing unease, Marisa postures, flying up (so she'll be visible to more of the group), positioning herself between the mass of civilians and the negotiating monk, projecting cocky confidence. An emotion-keyword social attack aimed at countering fear—maybe there are a few people ahead with spears, but the locals should remember they have one of the Exalted on their side, and they watched her effortlessly blow up a god not long ago. What are a few bandits against something like that?

Call that another mass social attack, same dice pool.
>>
No. 1033428 ID: f57349

rolled 4, 5, 5, 9, 6, 1, 6, 3, 8, 7, 3, 2, 8, 4, 9, 9, 5, 2, 8, 9, 8, 9, 7, 7, 1, 5, 8, 9, 9, 9, 8, 6, 1, 3, 6, 10, 8, 3, 6, 4, 8, 4, 8, 6, 1, 8, 7, 9, 8, 8, 8, 1, 5, 10, 2, 8, 2, 3, 2, 2 = 350

>>1033299
>like fresh fish at a market.
>for something other than labor.
Well, that's concerning on multiple levels. Some quick queries with Efficient Secretary Technique, then, to see if my suspicions are on the right track:

1) Leading cause of death among humans in or near Esca over the past three months (or whatever the timeframe is for that rash of disappearances). Or better yet, a list of the top five most common, if I can get that as one question.

2) Location of whichever chakra orchid infestation is nearest to Esca, defined in terms of direction and distance relative to the center of that town.
>>
No. 1034119 ID: 3f01d5

rolled 2, 2, 4, 5, 5, 3, 4, 5, 5, 3, 3, 9, 2, 3, 8, 7, 6, 9, 1, 4, 2, 3, 1, 4, 10, 7, 4, 2, 7, 9, 5, 8, 3, 6, 6, 1, 10, 9, 10, 4, 7, 5, 6, 2, 7, 2, 5, 6, 5, 8, 9, 4, 10, 3, 3, 4, 1, 6, 10, 3 = 307

>>1033379
>Marisa will chat with the villagers on the move, flying around and talking to smaller groups, and try to spread a more accurate story to reassure them.
>7, 10, 1, 6, 4, 2, 1, 5, 6, 4,
With a two dot stunt that's ten dice. Base villager dodge MDV would be (WP4 + Integ 0 + E1 - 2 for hunger and thirst) for 1 overall, since they round down. Virtues wouldn't make them resist, but your average extra probably has a motivation of "survive" which this could go against? Assuming it does, then that's +3 to their MDVs, but they lose 2 for relative appearance, for a total MDV of 2. Playing a little fast and loose with the rules here, but mostly because it doesn't matter since you got three successes on the first two dice.

Marisa is able to inform the townspeople that no one has been harmed- people from the woods even got medical attention, brought back to town to ensure their safety. Because of low conviction that's pretty much enough to convince everyone that they're going to be okay, don't have to flee for their lives.

>>1033428
EST can't find any records of a place named "Esca" existing. Seemingly, fewer than a hundred people have ever heard its name, or it's being actively concealed. However, Agent Iris tugs on your sleeves, and points to a map they've sketched out- seemingly, there's a blind spot in the boar's records. Goes out patrolling, collecting information on the health and safety of the domain, but there's a weird kidney shaped patch, maybe the size of a "summer villa" for a young dragon blooded, that just... hasn't been reported on, in over a year. When asked to clarify, Eiser Torc just seemed confused, insistent that he's kept a good watch ever since the crusade (In which Lobelia knows he actually performed admirably, due to mission briefing stuff) and that there's probably just something wrong with the records, or your assistant. Direction and distance roughly match the description Illicium gave of how far they'd be traveling to Esca.

>Location of whichever chakra orchid infestation is nearest to Esca
Since Esca doesn't ping, you could have checked the nearest infestation to that blank spot on the domain maintenance records, or closest to Ironport... both of which would have given the same answer- known issue thats already being dealt with, hundreds of miles away.

Gonna let the trader go back to town? Try to stick close, or maybe see if you can separate him without people getting suspicious, or prevent him from leaving, or...?
>>
No. 1034150 ID: f57349

rolled 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 2, 7, 1, 5, 9, 2, 3, 8, 7, 8, 9, 10, 8, 1, 5, 4, 9, 8, 6, 5, 3, 9, 5, 7, 9, 10, 7, 5, 7, 9, 5, 1, 1, 7, 7, 10, 7, 5, 4, 7, 3, 3, 10, 6, 3, 2, 6, 4, 9, 5, 7, 1, 1, 4 = 345

>>1034119
Alright, that tears it. I'm going to offer Mr. Illicium a faster ride back to Ironport to talk with Ragara Bolang Posu ASAP, and insincere congratulations on having finally attracted the attention of someone powerful. If he isn't interested, I'll try to sweeten the deal by saying the medevac pod could even sort out his sinus congestion. When he asks "what congestion?", punch him in the face until he loses consciousness, with a called shot to avoid rolling over into lethal.

Marisa can stay behind. Priority one is safety of the human refugees, two is stopping these stirgefolk from fleeing to report back to their leadership, three is capturing enemies intact enough to be interrogated. Did one of us remember to bring a spool of rope? In accordance with the Third and Fourth Diligent Practices, I'll formally delegate the job of restraining prisoners to some kid among the refugee group who looks like they're good with knots and a little bit vindictive.
>>
No. 1034318 ID: 719a05

rolled 9, 9, 5, 9, 7, 10, 10, 9, 10, 5, 7, 2, 7, 6, 10, 2, 8, 1, 6, 6, 3, 10, 1, 9, 1, 3, 5, 4, 9, 9, 3, 8, 4, 1, 4, 3, 10, 3, 7, 8, 10, 10, 10, 1, 10, 5, 4, 4, 9, 6 = 312

>>1033296
"Well then, if that's as close as you have the knowledge for, then I am sure that my companion will be quick to locate them and deliver the punishments due to a spirit influencing mortal affairs."

That was frustratingly productive, given that it led in the direction of a seriously massive threat but was more evidence that this general was a staggeringly ineffective socialite or a cunning genius luring a dragon into clearly hostile territory with such an obvious lure.

Whatever, she would make sure to have a number of soldiers ready to raze their Chakra Orchid gardens to the ground when she arrived and capture them for someone else to deal with, for now she wanted something less wrapped up in possible espionage to just easily resolve.

"But, I find that I tire of this business regardless, so I will take my personal leave."

As she stands up with a creaking noise from the chair as it would probably need repairs, and she would head out to smoke a cigar (That smoke absolutely destroys the value of interior spaces, and so she'll not be caught dead smoking inside a room she doesn't own and dedicate to smoking) and stretch her legs, what information she feels she can personally obtain obtained, leaving Ribbons behind if she thinks she can extract more from that conversation.
>>
No. 1034589 ID: 3f01d5

rolled 2, 9, 2, 5, 5, 7, 5, 10, 2, 4, 3, 8, 6, 5, 1, 2, 2, 5, 4, 1, 7, 6, 9, 1, 1, 9, 6, 8, 4, 8, 3, 2, 2, 8, 2, 8, 8, 9, 5, 2, 4, 6, 6, 1, 7, 9, 6, 4, 10, 6, 5, 8, 10, 4, 6, 2, 7, 5, 8, 6 = 316

>>1034150
>Marisa can stay behind. Priority one is safety of the human refugees, two is stopping these stirgefolk from fleeing to report back to their leadership, three is capturing enemies intact enough to be interrogated.

Stirgefolk that are directly in front of you were hired by one Mr. Illicium to help him transport goods that he's now promptly returning, have no interest in stealing from the immaculate order. Illicium is thrilled that you'd offer him a ride back to sort out this property mess- he'd like to have a right proper word with the people running the docks. And there's a member of house Ragara? Excellent excellent, she can sort this out, he's sure.

Are you going to prevent the Stirges from turning around and going back to town? Tell them to just wait in the woods while the crowd disperses back to their homes?

>>1033379
A young child, no more than four, tugs on Marisa coat.
"Missa, we really haf to go home? I'm scared, can't we stay wif you?"
An older woman, voice still hoarse from the past few days deprivation sees this and tries to snatch the child away from touching you.
"Girl, don't you bother the dragon! She's not a toy for you to play with, come away."
"But I don't want her to leave! She sposed ta keep us safe from bad guys! Don't make me go home Ms Costa! I don't want them to get me in the woods!"
"Bah! You want me to pop you in the mouth? Get away and don't go near anyone you don't know!"
She grabs the girls hand and tugs her away, so she's between Marisa and the girl, before bowing and apologizing.
"Terribly sorry your grace, please don't let her perturb you, she won't bother any of you any longer. Will you now?"
>>
No. 1034875 ID: f57349

rolled 7, 9, 9, 10, 3, 1, 4, 6, 9, 9, 10, 8, 5, 4, 9, 10, 2, 2, 8, 3, 6, 4, 9, 2, 1, 7, 1, 10, 10, 10, 5, 6, 2, 9, 7, 4, 6, 4, 8, 3, 4, 2, 2, 10, 5, 10, 9, 4, 6, 10, 6, 8, 5, 5, 3, 9, 1, 5, 1, 5 = 352

>>1034589
> Are you going to prevent the Stirges from turning around and going back to town?
They were hired to escort a consignment of goods. Goods aren't done being transported, their job's not done either. (Also, that makes it easier to keep an eye on them.)

> Girl, don't you bother the dragon!
"Your concern for our time and attention is admirable, Ms Costa,"
> You want me to pop you in the mouth?
"...if, perhaps, overzealous. May I speak with the child for a moment?"

Assuming a yes (or terrified deer-in-headlights stammering) I'll crouch down to the kid's level, produce a writing brush and paper from somewhere, and formally extend the Immaculate Order's hospitality.
"Your petition for refugee status is provisionally approved, to be reassessed once the satrap is healthy enough to get back to work and public order has been restored. How many others are in your group?" Writing down relevant details as I go, handing over the permission slip once it's complete.

Rolling... I dunno, charisma + linguistics or wits + bureaucracy or something... to make it clear to the kid I'd protect her from Ms Costa, too, if necessary, without quite saying so out loud.
>>
No. 1035796 ID: 3f01d5

rolled 1, 3, 2, 3, 9, 5, 8, 9, 2, 7, 8, 4, 3, 3, 8, 4, 5, 3, 5, 10 = 102

>>1034875
You make it back to town with some of the villagers still in tow- a portion of them were soothed and left to go back to their homes, but some of the stay close to Marisa to see the resolution of the towns new visitors, or to take shelter in the presence of a Dragon-Blooded guardian.

>>1023374
Having dealt with the distractions preventing you from handling your actual business in Ironport, you go about following the footsteps of your younger cousins. Their trail stays within a few miles of town, and ends where they head out to sea- not much of a physical trail on the ocean you can track at this point, and they are since far too long gone to follow their ripples on the loom. General direction lines up with the vague pointing of Stirgefolk when asked where their home is though- they remark on coming from an swampy island not too far out to sea from here.

So, night falls roughly two hours before Marisa will finish escorting the villagers to their respective homes/Ironport. In 72 hours, give or take, the celebratory feast Buonaparte and her daughters have invited you to as honored guests will be commencing. You have been told her family has a garden of deadly chakra orchids that, purportedly, they planned to cultivate in the threshold in an attempt to combat shadowlands. It also seems as though the location your cousins left to go investigate (a blank spot on the ocean, as far as your maps are concerned) lines up roughly with where the stirgefolk report their house to be.

In addition, the rightful Satrap, Ruban Écarlate, wishes to abdicate her position and travel to the Blessed Isle and become a monk after a traumatic experience with some shapeless creature that left her physically unharmed, but weak from a sorcerous compulsion. That leaves no Realm-approved Satrap on duty at the town, but Buoaparte would very much like to be given a chance to prove herself a more fit leader in this role.

A trader, known to Ironport for buying and hauling basic ration supplies like salt and clean water into the woods, seems to working to entrap and lead people away to a no-map town called Esca, located in the opposite direction, further inland. You've yet to prove anything, and he seems willing to comply, perhaps not realizing you're suspicious of him... or perhaps trying to play you so you'll follow him where he wants you.

Whatever problems he is causing, they seem unknown to the spirit courts in Ironport who's duty it is to report such things to the realm, and whos notes on the matter are blank, claiming ignorance and no wrong-doing. Tellus Dasos suspects the city god Limani is working with the Strigefolk to perform a coup, kill him and any not loyal to Limani. His fear led him to fraternize with mortals, hiding them away in another gods sanctum without proper food or water. Eiser Torc, god of the demense they were hidden in, attacked you after being insulted, and gleefully attempted to expel the mortals from his domain. So far no one has spoken to Limani.

So, what, if anything, does each member of the sworn brotherhood do next? Wait in town? Head immediately to the Morose Estate? Follow the trader to Esca? Search out the spirits of the local courts for trials or help? Experience will be awarded upon finishing your business in Ironport, so if you have nothing further you will all be awarded 4xp per chapter, plus one extra for each among: "pursued a mechanically-unwise indulgence," "suffered a terrible loss," and "performed a natural 3-die stunt," or similar such categories.
>>
No. 1035799 ID: f57349

rolled 1, 4, 2, 6, 6, 7, 7, 9, 8, 6, 6, 5, 1, 9, 4, 3, 2, 9, 7, 7, 1, 3, 5, 8, 7, 3, 1, 5, 1, 9, 2, 10, 10, 3, 7, 4, 3, 5, 8, 2, 5, 5, 6, 5, 8, 6, 10, 7, 5, 3, 1, 5, 3, 3, 9, 1, 4, 6, 3, 8 = 309

I'm going to try to arrange separate private meetings with Ruban Écarlate, Limani, Tellus Dasos, Eiser Torc, and at least one respected member of the local working class, see if I can get recommendations from them about who should take over as satrap, and opinions from each about whoever the others vouch for.
In the all too likely event that no agreeable consensus emerges, I'll propose to Posu that Ms Costa should get the job when we leave, and start setting up an astrological curse penalizing any attempt on Ms Costa's part to conceal violations of her oath of office.
>>
No. 1035842 ID: 6e42dc

rolled 10, 6, 8, 2, 4, 10, 8, 8, 3, 9, 9, 9, 4, 4, 2, 8, 8, 8, 8, 5, 2, 2, 2, 6, 9, 7, 7, 6, 7, 4, 8, 7, 5, 8, 2, 3, 8, 9, 5, 3, 2, 8, 5, 3, 4, 3, 10, 3, 8, 2 = 291

>>1035796
The trader will be facing significant delays in his journey to Esca, as following the day of frustratingly finding crimes that require a much longer touch, the Crashing Riptide is interested in digging up something much more immediately resolvable, especially since he stole supplies from an active Wyld Hunt, and she was going to extract her half pound of flesh for that. Only half because of the fact that he was forthcoming about the theft in the first place.

So she is settling in for a long night on the ship of reviewing and cross comparing every last document he requires to keep on hand for a merchant operating in Realm territories and documenting every single place where they are contradictory or missing information.

As she was she would also ask passing questions on Esca and where he acquired his wares and to whom his wares tended to go.
>>
No. 1035844 ID: ab48d9

rolled 2, 5, 2, 1, 10, 1, 9, 9, 4, 1, 9, 8, 4, 3, 4, 5, 4, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 6, 10, 4, 7, 8, 1, 2, 10, 2, 3, 7, 6, 3, 5, 6, 5, 9, 1 = 204

With writ in and and everyone starting to sort of settle in after the brief investigation, Ribbons is going to recruit a few stirgefolk. The only one sticking out of importance was the one they talked to in the forest and asked questions about. Ribbons would try to conscript her for the cause and hopefully with her help, recruit some range combatants of they have some trained in that. As for where to sleep? Not alone. Perhaps a Daughter or two would not mind soft company while a simple god-blooded individual catches them up on the basics. . . Doing a little informative demonstration of some tactics they may use (to makes them shadow fingers), and help make sure any stress of the dragon's presence is dealt with. If time permits, would work up a plan of how to word a request to fate to help Bonaparte get into the position that she is seeking more easily. How could the sign of the Lovers help? Or maybe a different sign they know could help.
>>
No. 1036007 ID: 287555

rolled 2, 10, 10, 7, 6, 3, 4, 8, 5, 5, 6, 10, 6, 4, 5, 2, 10, 10, 10, 2, 7, 4, 9, 5, 1, 1, 10, 5, 3, 5, 9, 4, 3, 5, 10, 3, 2, 10, 7, 5 = 233

>>1034589
"Don't worry, we're all headed to the same place, right?"

>>1035796
First thing that's on Marisa's plate is honoring her bet, and spending an hour doing the cleaning / maintenance on Lobellia's aerial rickshaw. Preferably somewhere public, so she can engage / talk with the local mortals as she works, if they need more reassurance.

If the people who followed us back to the town instead of their homes outside the town don't have a place to stay, Marisa will ask her fellow air aspect if he can do something about that while she's working. (That kind of bureaucratic thing is also something Posu or Ribbons seem like they'd be good at, but they're not around right now).

After that... does this town got a bathhouse or spa or something like that? We were at sea for a week or two, right, and Marisa just spent an hour doing mechanic-polishing, be nice to take advantage of that with the day winding down.

Aaaaand... Posu is being a recluse and is holed up in the ship doing paper work? >>1035842 Stupid workaholic water aspect, we aren't all comfortable living at sea, and avoiding the town makes us look bad. And Ribbons is... >>1035844 off doing her own thing somewhere in town. Well, so much for coordinating sleeping arrangements or planning anything, I guess.

Marisa's just going to pay for a room at the local inn, gotta be some of those in a port town, and the lack of ships in the harbor should mean there's vacancies. Before bed, she's going to take out the Sorcery Capturing Cord she 'borrowed' and attempt to identify the spell stored within (without releasing it). That's Intelligence 2 + Occult 5 + Stunt, and Marisa will spend 1wp on an automatic success. Perhaps she'll see if Hourai is willing to help out, for an extra cooperation dice.

Longer-term plans will have to wait for the next morning, assuming the brotherhood will reconvene then. Rolling Conviction 3 for nightly wp recovery.
>>
No. 1036553 ID: 3f01d5

rolled 2, 7, 8, 6, 7, 3, 10, 10, 7, 9, 10, 4, 6, 5, 2, 4, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 4, 4, 2, 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 3, 5, 6, 8, 7, 5, 10, 7, 3, 4, 2, 4, 8, 6, 4, 2, 5, 6, 2, 1, 10, 1, 8, 1, 10, 6, 2, 5, 7, 9, 9 = 315

>>1035799
>Ruban Écarlate
You have difficulties drawing answers out of her, as she seems despondent and lacking interest in anything beyond sitting quietly. However, you're able to draw a real suggestion out of her- Palirroia, the head monk of the local temple who disappeared after meeting the Stirgefolk during their first day in town (Ruban is seemingly unaware of this, having been sick).
"If she is well, then I think it would be natural for her to lead the town, temporarily at least. She cares for the people- even been giving them self defense classes- but I think her duties preclude her from the role of satrap. She would make a good interim figure while you have someone trained and sworn in though- likely from An-Teng."
She says, although perhaps not so directly, that the townsfolk aren't really loyal to the Realm, and would likely stop sending tribute if left to organize themselves. A foreign Satrap such as herself probably wouldn't be the most popular choice, but is more likely to secure loyalty to the Realm and prevent future bloodshed. If you get the right person, someone compassionate who helps the townspeople to win their loyalty, everyone will ultimately end up better off.

>Limani
The portside city god emphatically endorses Buonaparte- he believes she lends strength of arm and body to the town, and that if she can pull off what he thinks she can, the improved health and prosperity will help Ironport grow from a town to a city, increasing yield and blossoming into a proper point of industry.

>Tellus Dasos
The forest side city god takes longer, seeming unsure who exactly he would nominate. Eventually settles on the foreman of a local mill- she's a respected community leader, would respond to the needs of the people, and understands the value of hard work, how to organize and make things run.

>Eiser Torc,
The Iron Boar states that he has hardly the reason or the willingness to learn the names of any of the mortals in the nearby town. Pick one who'll leave him and his demense well enough alone- that man who he owes a boon maybe. Should know to stay where he belongs and worry about bothering the sea instead of the land.

>at least one respected member of the local working class
Heads of the towns smithing and lumbar camps both essentially say the same thing- Ironport should be left to govern themselves, by a group of its inhabitants. If the Realm wants its taxes they can start coming to the people harvesting the wood and smelting the iron.

>>1035842
>he stole supplies from an active Wyld Hunt
Purportedly, Illicium was sold stolen supplies without his knowing, which he returned, and would very much like to have you follow up on- with him in tow of course.
He's got little in the way proving who he is or his business- certainly not nothing though. Writ signed by a seal you don't recognize authorizing him to buy and sell on someone elses behalf. Says if you want to talk to the boss, see any paperwork you might want him to have, then that'd all be in Esca. He mostly just gets whatever is on the list, spends the rest of his time on wood carving, dance, wrestling, etc. Boss is building something in the woods it seems like, needs lots of specific materials or it'll spoil the thing, or so he's told. Saltwater that's been purified, along with the salt and minerals that were drawn out of it, is a big one on the shopping list, almost always looking for more of that. Sometimes it's other things though, like special orders of iron. Esca (which is the name of the town, and his "boss" apparently) isn't exactly human- more like some sort of spirit- but that doesn't bother Illicium.
The trader isn't aware of any wrongdoing on hi part, not by any local law at least, and the townsfolk seem to hold him in decent regard. Never been beaten in a wrestling match, likes song and dance and drinking at the public hall, pays well for his goods and is almost always polite and upbeat. Hasn't done much wrong by anyone here expect maybe break a nose or two in drunken brawls, which always get payed for afterwards.

>>1036007
Sadly, no bathhouse- not even really an inn, although plenty of folks are willing (perhaps too willing, as most seem afraid rather than happy) to house Marisa. Proprietor of the salty iron has a barback who'd be happy to help Marisa bathe, and a loft she can use- but he won't take payment for that, not from a Dragon. The liquor is mostly imports though, so if she's offering to help cover the tab... well, that'd go a long way towards covering some of their costs, thankyeekindlymiss.

>2, 10, 10, 7, 6, 3, 4, 8, 5, 5, 6, 10
To identify the spell... you described some of what Marisa was doing, but didn't really give details on how exactly she's actually figuring out what spell is in it, so stunt one, but a bonus die from her elemental friend makes sense. That should be nine total, meaning seven successes after spending wp. Marisa successfully identifies the spell Stormwind Rider, which would make sense given the townsfolks descriptions of the night Stirgefolk arrived. >>1016224

>5, 6, 10
Thats... two successes on sleep, I think. Don't actually remember though.
>>
No. 1036629 ID: 719a05

rolled 8, 10, 9, 7, 10, 9, 7, 1, 7, 6, 5, 9, 8, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 6, 2, 4, 5, 7, 10, 9, 8, 8, 6, 2, 7, 3, 2, 2, 2, 8, 3, 10, 5, 9, 6, 4, 4, 1, 8, 4, 7, 6, 5, 3, 10 = 280

>>1036553
So, it seems that the man isn't being cooperative. So, it's time to move on to the really big guns of interrogation.

"Well, if you insist that you've done nothing wrong, then we should go ahead and move to the Record Archives. After all, I'll need to go over the last 50 years of records, verify that everything you say is accurate on Ironport's end, and of course you'll need to be there to independently verify my findings. It should hardly take more than 200 hours of labor to sort through every record in the proscribed time period.

"Unless that turns out to not be long enough to find official documentation of trade relations between Ironport and Esca. If nothing turns up I might well need to dig back centuries, and who knows how many weeks it would take?"

Rolling Manipulation 3 + Presence 3 with a Willpower to roll a compulsion attack to convince him to spill his beans on threat of being dragged into meticulously analyzing records for well over a week without being able to do anything else to find documentation of everything he's claiming.
>>
No. 1039307 ID: 3f01d5

rolled 4, 9, 6, 6, 8, 6, 6, 8, 10, 7, 8, 9, 3, 9, 6, 5, 7, 2, 6, 3, 7, 1, 1, 3, 2, 8, 5, 6, 8, 7, 6, 4, 4, 9, 6, 5, 1, 2, 3, 2, 9, 7, 2, 3, 8, 3, 5, 10, 4, 9, 9, 7, 7, 6, 6, 3, 8, 7, 8, 6 = 345

>>1035844
You spend the next few nights "getting to know" some of the stirgefolk in one of the blue-light houses. During this time you accomplish two things:
A destiny is crafted and placed upon Buonaparte, with the following traits:

"May she achieve what her heart desires by following and stroking the flames of her heart and passion."
Blissful Idiot Blessing, frequency 3 (occurring no more than once per scene), Scope 0 (affecting a single individual), duration 4 (20 years) with two points of essence burden for targeting an E2 individual.

If you want to give any details about who is or is not aware of this, and/or change any details of the blessing, feel free to do so now.

The second thing you achieve is gaining three new shadow fingers from amongst Buonapartes daughters. You gain some insight into their lives and the events preceding their arrival. The Stirgefolk hail from a nearby island mired in swamp- but they seem relatively inured to it. No stinging insects bite them, and no swamp fever or thin blood plagues their ranks. They thank the family secrets- thaumaturgical blessings and alchemical processes keep them hale and safe. They number at roughly five hundred, organized into family trees under the generals. The head of the family and mother of the generals is the Countess. She's impossibly regal and stately, and leads the moral development of their lives, ensuring appropriate manners and dress are taught. She directs the construction of the castle and the teaching of courtly grace. The Viscount and Baron are her left and right- in many ways, they are equals, but the Countess leads because she has the head and the drive to take charge of the family. The Viscount is in charge of the family's health and magic. Head of the kitchens and cultivator of the swamp, he leads all the great feasts, doctors them regularly, and tinkers away at various trinkets to better their family. The Baron runs the balls and dances, seeing to the cleanliness of the estate and managing of staff. He also oversees the boarding of guests, and discipline for interlopers or unruly soldiers.

Each individual reports to a captain, who ensures their health and needs are met, and helps to drill them, give orders, or advocate for changes that need to be made. They usually managed mixed groups of ten- five fliers and five speararms. Ten captains report to a general, who liaisons between the captains and the three heads, ensuring that the will of the family is carried out without conditions becoming undesirable for their family members. Most captains are daughters or cousins of the generals, and the generals are all daughters of the family heads- Ribbons gets the impression command is matrilineal, with the sexually dimorphic men (smaller, with wings, who are vegetarian) not considered unequal, but not being given the same voice or opportunities. Their entire family seems to value military command, teaching, and social graces- dress code, eating etiquette, and the correct steps to take in dance are all part of every day curriculum. There is also a large emphasis on motherhood and rearing children- that is in fact a job that is managed amongst the family, with many resources being dedicated to ensure that children and pregnancies have the best chances at success. Few leave the island- they may travel to see a trade ship or pick up supplies, but for the most part the outside world comes to them. The court maintains a population of outsiders as guests, laborers, and staff- they fluctuate quite a bit as the swamp surrounding their home is dangerous and accidents during construction happen, but new guests arrive often. If you had additional questions about the family that Ribbons might subtly angle to learn about please let me know what you try to uncover.
>>
No. 1039309 ID: 3f01d5

rolled 8, 1, 4, 2, 1, 1, 6, 9, 8, 2, 2, 1, 9, 5, 3, 5, 6, 5, 7, 3, 10, 1, 10, 6, 4, 7, 9, 8, 4, 5, 6, 4, 6, 9, 4, 5, 3, 1, 7, 1, 3, 7, 1, 9, 2, 5, 3, 4, 5, 7, 1, 6, 3, 1, 10, 3, 4, 10, 9, 5 = 296

>>1036629
Posu finds herself frustrated with the lack of archival records in ironport- mostly seasonal production records and genealogies, with the occasional contraction to resolve neighbors disputes. What she does find however, is that Illicium is actually a town resident- not that anyone seems to remember that fact. Apparently he was one of two children borne to Olsen, a man with a... that can't be right, 174 year life span? She flips through some records and confirms- either someone made a mistake, adding a one, or Olsen lived an unnaturally long life, and bore two children with no marriage. When she talks to some folks in town, they barely remember Olsen, as he died roughly 70 years ago- what they do remember, however, is his son (singular), whos a bit of a free spirit, but he's a community staple, willing to lend a hand whenever they need help loading up at the docks. Keeps to himself in the woods mostly. According to the town hall records though, his son was born over two hundred years ago, and no one seems to actually remember quite how old he is- some assume his moniker "Young Olsen" is because he's kept his youthful physique, some assume it's because he's the youngest one, that there's been other kids, but... this is strange, very strange. By these accounts, he and Illicium are both over two hundred, bore to a man with no (known) lovers or spouses. You find no direct records of wrong-doing on Illiciums part in town hall though, and not enough paperwork to tie him up bureaucratically without sending him up towards a bigger city like An-Teng, or breaking the rules to try and put pressure on him by holding him public wrongdoing or cause other than "gave a funny look".

When questioned on his age and lineage, he says that he never really knew "Olsen". Knew he had a brother in Ironport, but never felt the need to build on something that wasn't really there. He was raised by Esca, taught how to do business and some minor thaumaturgy, raised athletic and strong, and attributes his good health and long life to whatever magic keeps Esca alive, something in the air or their blood that keeps them youthful.
>>
No. 1040079 ID: 287555

rolled 3, 7, 1, 5, 2, 1, 4, 1, 1, 6, 3, 9, 4, 7, 10, 9, 9, 5, 10, 7 = 104

>not even really an inn
"Eggshells, how long has it been since you had ships come in? You've got a port, don'tya get people passing through to the sea sea or coming in the other way who places to stay? C'mon, Paragon has inns, and they're ruled by a crazy person with a magic wand who scares off visitors!"

>so if she's offering to help cover the tab...
Marisa overpays for the booze, since the mortals aren't willing to take coin for the room.

>Marisa successfully identifies the spell Stormwind Rider
Well, Marisa can already fly, but maybe it'll be useful for moving something or a bunch of someones.

>what do
It's been half a day since Marisa touched base with half the brotherhood, what with the rescuing refugees from spirits. Probably should figure out what the others are up to and what they're doing next!

Marisa's going to head out into town, try to track down the other dragons (and the one godblood), and see what's what. Dice for (Essence) rolls for the Familiarity function of Sworn Brother's Oath, she'll head for whoever's closest first.
>>
No. 1040519 ID: 911880

rolled 5, 10, 4, 7, 5, 6, 5, 7, 8, 2, 1, 9, 1, 4, 10, 9, 4, 6, 3, 2 = 108

>>1039307
Ribbons would be waiting for a call to action, doing their best to make their new companions feel welcome, perhaps seeing what the Family's opinion on the city and the two fighting Gods rumored to be in the city. could do SOME actual work. the destiny that was created and delivered to the Mother seemed to be satisfactory. Until someone comes and fetch them, using that Bond that the Dragon Blooded set up, so might as well try some things out with the willing sisters and Ker. for references for their little blue book, seeing how the rough draft sparks the passion and what descriptors and themes seem to resonate with those willing to listen.
>>
No. 1040533 ID: f57349

rolled 9, 9, 2, 6, 3, 10, 2, 3, 3, 6, 1, 8, 1, 2, 6, 1, 3, 7, 10, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 10, 6, 6, 1, 1, 6, 9, 2, 7, 6, 3, 8, 10, 4, 8, 8, 4, 3, 5, 8, 2, 3, 10, 7, 8, 4, 8, 10, 9, 2, 3, 9, 4, 1, 10, 6 = 328

>>1039307
Do any of those stirgefolk leaders seem like they might be anathema?
>>
No. 1040611 ID: 131daa

rolled 2, 1, 3, 5, 8, 5, 4, 10, 3, 4, 5, 9, 3, 10, 1, 1, 8, 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 2, 4, 9, 5, 2, 3, 8, 8, 3, 1, 2, 4, 7, 6, 3, 8, 7, 4, 5, 4, 2, 6, 7, 7, 6, 6, 10, 2 = 243

>>1039309
Well then, if he's going to play these shenanigans, it's time for a new course of shenanigans.

"Well then, as no records of any crimes can be found in this small village, and by crook of your seemingly impossibly long life and impossible parentage, by the power vested in me as an Emissary of the Realm, I am giving you the honored position of joining the entorage of mortals on the present Wyld Hunt. After all, someone with over a century of a record appearing as clean as yours, and who has never lost a fight in their life? Two things that I'm sure will be useful in subduing Anathema."

This was, of course, a white elephant gift, that could absolutely ruin him if he is away from the land for months on end, that he could hardly reject outright given the source of the 'offer'


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason