[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 160041794977.jpg - (386.46KB , 1920x1200 , 20200918012150_1.jpg )
976580 No. 976580 ID: 094652

Oh wow. It's another glorious day in my fortified prison cell. Surrounded by my playful guards who will enjoy a round of 'punch the prisoner' with every guest. I wonder what fun things I can do today.

Oh wait. I can't.

Yippee.
Expand all images
>>
No. 976581 ID: cdabe3

wait what

is

is kome making a quest?
>>
No. 976582 ID: cdabe3

uh, look around for anything useful to try and escape
>>
No. 976584 ID: df76b1

Sit in BOTH CHAIRS AT ONCE.
>>
No. 976587 ID: 12b116

Push both chairs up against the back wall and sit in them with your back against the wall so it looks like an imposing throne.
>>
No. 976600 ID: f56a2b

Is there any spare material, or a bed, in the cell? Do you have any windows in the cell? We want to figure out what the shortest path is to the exterior of the compound, and start digging a hole out that we can cover with our bed in between efforts.
>>
No. 976604 ID: 094652

WHO SAID THAT?!
>>
No. 976605 ID: ae2c7c

>>976604
you did, silly!
just went insane like, a moment ago and now you've got some company
>>
No. 976606 ID: 094652

>>976605
That is-
not the worst thing to happen this year.

Yeah, I'd like the company. All the other prisoners have been sliced up into dog jerky, or bled with needles, or curled up and died after too many beatings.

If this keeps up, I'll be too insane to resent about the everlasting hell I'm stuck in.

>>976582
I stopped looking after three years; taking anything that isn't melted into the solid bedrock causes the guards to immediately storm in and beat us senseless. Especially the Flame.

>>976584
Both... what? I mean, I guess that wretched ass-torturing stabberpot could be considered a chair... barely. And it's the last thing I want to sit on every day.

[Note: Objects shown may be used to represent different concepts.]

>>976600
... Let me give you the grand tour.
>>
No. 976607 ID: 094652
File 160044492179.jpg - (225.64KB , 1920x1200 , 20200918081523_1.jpg )
976607

This is my bed. Notice that it is intentionally too thin on to sleep balanced, but we're forced to try every single day. Sometimes I force myself against their punches just so I can fall unconscious on the floor, and they STILL prop me up against this splintery set of wooden plates.
>>
No. 976608 ID: 094652
File 160044505076.jpg - (301.14KB , 1920x1200 , 20200918081535_1.jpg )
976608

THIS.

This is the TOILET.

I am required to SIT on SPIKES every time I need to anally VOMIT whatever 'culinary art' the guards have made for us, and voiding anywhere else is punished by smearing our faces in our own excrement.
>>
No. 976611 ID: 094652
File 160044555612.jpg - (324.97KB , 1920x1200 , 20200918081600_1.jpg )
976611

And THIS-
ohohohohohohohohohohohohohohAHAHAHAHAHA
ISTHEFLAME
the flame the flame the flame

The idol the sacrament the PURPOSE
of the Solaris

It must be lit. CONSTANTLY.

We get woken up with beatings every day because the flame dies out while we sleep. Especially so when the guards pummeled us to unconsciousness the night before.

We have to smell the smoke burning our lungs and the light melting our EYES

Every time it blows
The guards check my cell.

Every time it dims
The guards yell and strangle.

Every time it FLICKERS
I get kicked in the groin.

And if it DIES entirely
THEY STAB US IN THE GUT

I... I have 11 doses of lamp oil today.
I'm three doses short of an ignored beating.
>>
No. 976614 ID: b5fb67

>>976611

Burn the walls down.
>>
No. 976615 ID: e19a40

I'm intrigued but very lost. Why do all of this happens?
>>
No. 976617 ID: b1b4f3

Burn it all
>>
No. 976618 ID: 19da02

Pull one of the spikes off the spike toilet and use it to stab a guard in the neck.
>>
No. 976620 ID: 094652
File 160046034530.jpg - (467.71KB , 1920x1200 , 20200918081627_1.jpg )
976620

>>976614
I...
What?

You want me to burn down a solid, carved out cave? Wow, I really am crazy.

Also, and I need to MAKE THIS CLEAR, in case you didn't read between the lines: I. Do. Not. Want. To. Move. The. Torch.
That gets me pushed to the floor, kicked around, yelled at until my ears stop working, strangled until I lose senses, and when I wake up, they give me a refresher course just to keep the lesson in mind.

... Okay, since you're voices in my head, I thought you could see what I'm seeing. But just to be clear: whatever you're looking at, is solid rock. And no, I don't know how Solaris engineers carve square prison cells out of some kind of bedrock, but they do.

[Note: From the Prisoner's perspective, the walls are solid rock. From your perspective, they are planks.]

>>976615
I don't want to remember why I'm in here, but I know who's keeping me in here.
Solaris. They consider themselves an empire. They claim they rule the whole of the mainland, or will eventually. If they're just as cruel and ruthless to the rest of the world the way they've treated us prisoners, I think they've succeeded.
As should be obvious, Solaris agents have a very fanatical view of light and fire. If they can reach a place, they'll put light or a torch near it. They refuse to let any of their torches burn out, to the point that intentionally snuffing a flame may be grounds for a death sentence (seriously, one of my former inmates got arrested for putting the flames out on his burning wife because she happened to be the only thing alight in the room), and they consider the darkness the aura of their Ultimate Evil. Some of the more fanatical members - well, I've only met one before, but he basically cut his own eyelids off.

>>976618
Well, I...
*sigh*
These torture-devices are really melted together, but... I guess I can try. Not like I'm not going to get a beating today...

Just to be clear, though: the guards have this freaky power to know when we are holding something we're not supposed to. Last time I smuggled a spare fork under my excuse of a bed, five of them rushed in and piled on me. And they even found a second fork that a previous occupant hid somewhere even better! How the hell does THAT happen?!
>>
No. 976634 ID: 5cb1b2

>>976620
well given that a prior occupant managed to hide something, it is possible. have you tried holding things with your feet instead. (or other bodily voids)
Wait you probably have to hide it from the light. they probably see somehow with the flame, which is why they refuse to let any flames go out.
>>
No. 976657 ID: 094652

>>976634
Huh, I never thought about that, but holding items by feet is silly. What do you mean by voids? What is a void?

But I'm not dousing the flame. Every other greenhorn prisoner here has had the same 'bright' idea; douse the flame and the light-worshipping dogs will fumble in the dark. It never works. We all thought Ulric was going to break us out when he did... something... that doused all the torches at once, but they managed to outfight him in the dark. I guess they all trained to fight the 'evil darkness' or something, because everyone else is just a roadblock to them.

We heard his limbs getting dismembered the next day. I swear I heard the sound of beef getting chewed up amidst the screams. The last rumor I heard about him was that he was taken west as a trophy.

I dunno, though, it's mostly conjecture. Maybe you're onto something. I don't want to hope until you've got a plan as solid as these walls.
>>
No. 976665 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm, maybe you should look at this like a test. You don't have enough oil, but maybe... if you break up the beds and use them for kindling you can keep the light going.
>>
No. 976669 ID: 094652

>>976665
That... yes, that might be what they want!
But I'm still stuck in this dumping ground for human waste. If you can find me a way out, I'll consider breaking stuff apart.

Okay, basic recap:
* I can't move or douse the torch.
* These walls are solid rock.
* I might be able to remove a spike from the latrine, but I'm only doing so if it can be used as an escape tool. I don't know if I have the strength to pull one out, but one of the spikes looks like it is nearly free.
* I might be able to tear my bed apart and use it as firewood, but I don't know if I have the strength to pull it out. I think I can get away with it, though.
* I have 11 units of oil remaining. I don't know how fast the oil burns, but we get 14 units per day and there's barely enough every time. I don't know why I only got 11 this time.
>>
No. 976675 ID: e19a40

How much activity time do we have before a guard visit?
The way I see the best approach is to prepare spike traps with parts from the bed and latrine, extinguish the flame and fight the guards with a spear while they are busy avoiding being impale in the dark.

Is the prisoner view correct or not? Is this an dark stone cell or a wooden shack with a window in the ceiling?
>>
No. 976678 ID: b1b4f3

Extinguishing the flame is a bad idea.
For an escape plan... do they open the door when meals are delivered? How many guards are there when that happens?

For something rather off the wall and extreme, you could set yourself on fire when they come in. Can't grab you if you're on fire. Slightly less extreme, you could cover yourself in oil-soaked bedding and light THAT on fire, which would still burn you probably but it'd be easier to shed the burning material.
>>
No. 976679 ID: b1b4f3

Alternatively: set the guards on fire. Since they're not allowed to extinguish flames, they won't be able to put themselves out!
>>
No. 976682 ID: 5cb1b2

>>976679
No I think e would have to put out his torch so that was the only fire in the room. plus they are probably fireproof somehow.
>>
No. 976683 ID: 5cb1b2

>>976675
rather short sighted, provides no plans for beyond the door.
>>
No. 976684 ID: e19a40

>>976683
I have no idea what is beyond that door, so I can't plan around it.
If we sneak past the guards we are lost on their territory, so killing as many of them should reduce the amount of pursuers with terrain advantage.
>>
No. 976690 ID: 094652
File 160049405087.jpg - (225.90KB , 1920x1200 , 20200918223550_1.jpg )
976690

>976675
Wait for it...
aaand...
>>
No. 976691 ID: 094652
File 160049407461.jpg - (215.07KB , 1920x1200 , 20200918223654_1.jpg )
976691

Yep, right on time.
Two of the better-trained guards follow a strict schedule.
Lha'ri glances at the prisoners every 30 seconds and inspects their cells every two hours. He only stops for lunch and at the end of his shift, when three guards take over. They love this guy.
Churl'hi sits near the exit on the left. There are six cells and he generally leaves us alone. Don't mistake him for a softy, though - I heard he raped the family of a heretic. On principle. He's a competent fighter, especially when it comes to the rowdy new inmates.
there used to be a priestess named Moe, but she was killed by rebels during patrols according to the chatter. Good men, too bad they were slaughtered.
Those three were planning to rise through the ranks through honest dedication to the Everlasting Light. Five miserable years later and one casualty among friends, and they still haven't taken the hint.

>976679
Bonhwai! We have a winner!
The secret question was, "What is the lead cause of Solaris casualties in combat?"
According to what I heard from prisoners of war, whatever resistance or coalition is out there fighting against the Solaris has realized that the solution to repelling an enemy that worships fire is to burn them right back. The fire shows of flaming arrows and oiled blades (and some weird hammer thingy that does a *bwoosh* thing, I don't understand what he meant either) can be seen all the way from the horizon. In fact, using flaming weapons calms the Solaris troops instead of sending them into a frenzy, because they think their enemy is coming around to their way of thinking.
Of course, most of the guards have some kind of flame-resistant armor, and they will put themselves out faster if there are more lit torches or light sources in the room.

>976684
After what they've done to us, I don't care how many or how few I have to kill to make this nightmare end.
>>
No. 976704 ID: 5cb1b2

>>976691
Unless you intentionally didn't make those links please don't do that, you need to use double '>' before the message number
>>976657
Mouth, rectum, nose, bladder. (Vagina if female) More practical that holding something with your feet, and probably more effective, hold it in your armpit. (Just be sure to keep it in the shadow of the fire when you let it out.)
>>
No. 976707 ID: e19a40

Can you set fire to the planks from the bed?
>>
No. 976727 ID: 12b116

Pull a toilet spike out and cover it in oil, then set it on fire so when you stab a guard it will go under their armor and set their bodies on fire.
>>
No. 976792 ID: 5cb1b2

>After what they've done to us, I don't care how many or how few I have to kill to make this nightmare end.
Killing yourself would end it. But permanent solutions to relatively transient problems.
>>
No. 976793 ID: 094652
File 160057658230.jpg - (307.48KB , 1920x1200 , 20200919212700_1.jpg )
976793

>>976704
Please don't give the guards ideas.

>>976707
I guess, though I'm not sure what that will accomplish. Yet.

>>976727
Yeah... Yeah!
That might be enough! One thing I noticed was that the guards didn't notice if we accidentally spilled our share of oil, they just beat us afterwards! So if I "accidentally" poured some oil on a spike, broke it off, lit it on fire from the torch, and shoved it straight into the first guard through the room, I might be able to kill him and take his sword! From there, it's a mad dash to the left and hopefully a way out of this place!

Before all this, I was good in a fight, but I can hear like a dozen guys to the right of my cell, so I need to know if you think I'm ready to put the plan in action. Is there anything else I should plan or inspect before we get this over with?

Anything at all?
>>
No. 976831 ID: 5cb1b2

>>976793
whatever you know about what is beyond those doors.
>>
No. 976841 ID: 094652

* There are six cells in rows of 2, and this one is a middle cell.
* To the left is a hallway that connects the cells, and branches left and right. The right hallway is where all the screaming and strange chanting comes from.
* To the right is probably the mess hall. Dozens of voices and smacking noises come from there, and the same number of people go in as they go out each day, so there's probably no exit that way.
* Lha'ri is diligent at patrolling, his usual skill in a fight is about average.
* Churl'hi is lazy and rests near the exit, but he's skilled at combat and cruel when torturing prisoners.
* Moe is dead.
* Solaris troops are resistant but not immune to fire. They will not douse bodily fires if it is the only source of light in the room.

... This is starting to freak me out. I'm about to try to stab a guard with a flaming shiv I haven't created yet, make my way past a well-trained, well-equipped fighter who will stab me in the ass if he manages to win against a malnourished prisoner with a shiv, and then run away from a dozen other guards through a fortified whatever-this-place-is with no understanding of the layout or any traps, let alone the exit.

But what else is there to do?
>>
No. 976904 ID: 5cb1b2

>>976841
This is about as good a plan as we are likely to manage if we are dead set on attempting something when next that door opens.
>>
No. 977079 ID: 094652
File 160093443314.jpg - (242.90KB , 1920x1200 , 20200924004526_1.jpg )
977079

They want fire? I'll give them a motherkilling fire to remember!
Let's do this!

I pour a unit of torch oil over the flimsy spike - holy crap this one's pretty long - and tear it off!

[Obtained Metal-Wood Crude Combat Stake!]
>>
No. 977080 ID: 094652
File 160093467311.jpg - (309.73KB , 1920x1200 , 20200924004540_1.jpg )
977080

"HEY! I HEARD THAT!!!"

I only have a few seconds to pull this off! I quickly stab the flame with my new stake! It doesn't look like it will burn very long, but a second is all I need!

"WHAT THE @#$% IS GOING ON IN THERE YOU SUBHUMAN SLUT?!"
>>
No. 977081 ID: 094652
File 160093478574.jpg - (316.74KB , 1920x1200 , 20200924004711_1.jpg )
977081

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! TELL ME NOW!

"I am spreading the faith of flame through the divine sacrifice of my remaining luxuries."

"WAIT. Really?"
>>
No. 977082 ID: 094652
File 160093496134.jpg - (272.48KB , 1920x1200 , 20200924004720_1.jpg )
977082

"No."

"*Ghhk*?!

"Goodbye, Lha'ri. You were always a bigoted sadist."

"Gh-*hack*-you...

"Oh. You're still alive. Good - for me."
>>
No. 977083 ID: 094652
File 160093533494.jpg - (273.95KB , 1920x1200 , 20200924004808_1.jpg )
977083

I use Lha'ri as a human shield and walk towards - wait. That's odd, I swear the kitchen was to the right, not the left. Did they move me? What else did I get wrong? Oh well...

I turn left, and the hall is still there, while Churl'hi is finishing up inspecting the empty cell.

"Hey Lha'ri, I think the last prisoner lactated on the - OH WHAT THE @#$%?!

"Churl'hi! GET OUT OF MY WAY OR I STAB LHA'RI'S THROAT!"

"I-You're lying! You'll just kill him when you're ready to escape!"

"I'll kill him NOW if you don't get the hell out of my way."
>>
No. 977084 ID: 094652
File 160093581229.jpg - (249.23KB , 1920x1200 , 20200924004830_1.jpg )
977084

"YOU MISERABLE WHORE! YOU'RE DEAD! THE WHOLE FORTRESS IS GOING TO HUNT YOU DOWN, WICK YOUR FAT, AND TURN YOUR SPINE INTO A XYLOPHONE!"

"Maybe, but I'm done getting tenderized every half-day. All this time, you've forced us to worship a thing you can't possibly hope to become, let alone control. When are you going to realize that the reason we refuse to be taught is because you refuse to understand the material?"

"Arrogant &!+(#, YOU WILL DROWN IN YOUR HERESY!"

"I think I'd prefer that to drowning in my own blood, like Lha'ri here."

*gurgle*
"Wretch..."

"Close the door on your way out, dear."
>>
No. 977085 ID: 094652
File 160093600607.jpg - (269.10KB , 1920x1200 , 20200924005014_1.jpg )
977085

Holy crap, it's working! All this time, I could have just stabbed my way through these two bosom buddies! For the first time in five flaming years, I'm walking into that hallway just tantalizingly out of reach! I can feel a glimmer of freedom right now!

There's just one teensy, tiny, micro, mini problem:
>>
No. 977086 ID: 094652
File 160093625318.jpg - (298.67KB , 1920x1200 , 20200924005050_1.jpg )
977086

I've got seven angry swordsmen ready to chase me through a fortress. Oh, and they have the home advantage while I'm apparently confused to the basic layout.

I'm busy trying to take Lha'ri's sword from its scabbard. Lha'ri has almost passed out from blood loss, and I can't lug his dead ass around while fleeing. Should I just throw him, or something else? I also need to choose a direction - left or right - and fast.

Alright, voices - let's get lucky.
>>
No. 977101 ID: f56a2b

Hmm... Right is right, but that's what they want you to think. So left is right. But that's not right, but then again that's what they want you to think too... "left or right and fast..."

Lets go FAST! that's the right direction!
>>
No. 977104 ID: 5cb1b2

In the words of Rincewind: "Don't you worry about 'to', In my experience that always takes care of itself. The important word is 'away'.”
The 'to' only matters if it would be a dead end. So we know which is the 'away' direction.
>>
No. 977187 ID: b1b4f3

>>977086
You still have oil... you could dump some oil on the ground and set fire to it to prevent them from chasing you.
>>
No. 978096 ID: 094652
File 160211955796.jpg - (242.76KB , 1920x1200 , 20201007175959_1.jpg )
978096

"You know what, Lha'ri?"
"..."
"I think the lights could use some extra wax."
"...?..."

[2 Oil Units used!]

"!!!"
>>
No. 978097 ID: 094652
File 160211974577.jpg - (374.12KB , 1920x1200 , 20201007180046_1.jpg )
978097

BAM! I didn't know I had the strength left to kick him like that!

Better yet, Churl'hi is also on fire, and the blaze is turning into an inferno, trapping the other guards! It's too bad I can't stick around and ensure they both roast, the other guards in the fortress have heard the screaming by now.

I have to run, now.
>>
No. 978098 ID: 094652
File 160211980996.jpg - (333.68KB , 1920x1200 , 20201007180108_1.jpg )
978098

>>977101
>>978096
Heading right!

What is this? Forget it, it's doors that need to be closed behind me!
>>
No. 978099 ID: 094652
File 160211985551.jpg - (321.70KB , 1920x1200 , 20201007180119_1.jpg )
978099

Almost thro-

*BZAAAP*
>>
No. 978100 ID: 094652
File 160212003988.jpg - (357.25KB , 1920x1200 , 20201007180729_1.jpg )
978100

No.

NONONONONONONONONONONO NO!!!

OPEN YOU MOTHERKILLING FENCE! OPEN!
WHY! IS! THIS! SO! STURDY?!

"You can't break that. It's hydraulically locked."

The hell is this guy talking about?

"I... so... close."
"Mhm. Yes, a fine job. Tell me, what was your plan if you made it past this security checkpoint?"

Why isn't he shouting at me?
What should I do now.
>>
No. 978128 ID: 19da02

To leave peacefully, never come back, and tell no one of anything that happened here?
>>
No. 978265 ID: 87a01c

hide.
>>
No. 978277 ID: 0fae41

To get a job at Majestic 12.
>>
No. 979165 ID: 094652
File 160326822184.jpg - (365.90KB , 1920x1200 , 20201021005300_1.jpg )
979165

>>978265
"That is not what I meant, though your ingenious strategy is... overripe."

>>978128
>... Child. You know that you lied with every syllable.

>>978277
"T-to get a... get a job? At majestic twelve?" What the heck is-
"Ah. And there it is. In my life, I've found that the most important answers don't matter. It is how they are said that answers every question never spoken aloud."

What the @$%^ is wrong with this guy.
"Is this how you plan to torture me? Or are you waiting for an unspoken ideal time to stab me at my most dramatic?"
"I wish to unwind you. This concentration camp has taken your heart and crushed it into a withered pulp. Yet it pulses still, and may beat yet again. Come closer, the soup thickens."
>>
No. 979166 ID: 094652
File 160326940793.jpg - (351.76KB , 1920x1200 , 20201021005316_1.jpg )
979166

I look over at the vats filled with-
[ERROR]

What the heck was that?!
[INFORMATION HAZARD DETECTED. OFFENDING IMAGES REDACTED]

I don't feel too well... why am I drinking this stuff?! And why can't I stop?! Literally, I'm halfway through the barrel and my stomach still feels empty, but it's like I can feel the warm, fluid soup churning through my intestines and my legs and my arms and my fingers all the way up to my brain-
[Cognitive Slot Obtained, New Total 1 C-SLOT]

"Ah, it has taken well to your soul. This will be essential to the escape of you. Well, not this escape, particularly. And just to celebrate your new spiritual memory, I'll give you this information for free:"
[New Memory Acquired: "There is something behind the wall of your cell; you just need to look where you once had belief in your despair."]

"There was something behind the bedrock wall?"
"That is incorrect, but not for the reasons you believe it is. If you had looked around further, you would have found something the guards could not see."
"Gee thanks, but it doesn't matter now. I'm never going back in that cell, even if it kills me."
"One might never return where they once began, and yet find themselves where they started."
>>
No. 979167 ID: 094652
File 160326985980.jpg - (414.55KB , 1920x1200 , 20201021005705_1.jpg )
979167

"Gee, any further nuggets of wisdom for my soon-to-be mutilated ass?
"Well, there is one, but... oh, I may as well tell you what I expect you to learn on your own: The Solaris See in the Light, yet Hear in the Dark."
"What does that mean?"
"It means whatever you will discover it means".
"Then it means nothing. Get this over with.
"...Very well."
*BZZZ*

He... opened the door?
Why would he do that?! He's going to get himself nailed to the wall by the other guards!
>>
No. 979168 ID: 094652
File 160327005058.jpg - (355.68KB , 1920x1200 , 20201021005722_1.jpg )
979168

"Hey, what's the big idea?! Why did you-"
What?! Where... where did he... HOW did he...
... Why am I staring at an empty room? I have to keep moving.
>>
No. 979169 ID: 094652
File 160327011030.jpg - (370.06KB , 1920x1200 , 20201021005736_1.jpg )
979169

rolled 5 = 5

I just need to get past th-
>>
No. 979171 ID: 094652
File 160327040780.jpg - (387.51KB , 1920x1200 , 20201021005750_1.jpg )
979171

(Stealth Check: DC 10, Roll: [5, +4 modifier (Dexterity)] = 9, Failed!)

"HEY!"
CRAP CRAP CRAP HE SPOTTED ME, WHAT DO I DO?!
>>
No. 979398 ID: b1b4f3

(hmm, not returning and yet winding up at the start point implies a respawn mechanic)

Well direct combat probably won't work. Try ambushing the guard at the corner?
>>
No. 979410 ID: 87a01c

>The Solaris See in the Light, yet Hear in the Dark
This might be quite literal, it would also be a reason to be angry all the time if you hear everything happening in the dark, and see everything in the light. Seeing may be less overwhelming, thus they want everything lit.
>>
No. 979411 ID: 87a01c

Wait at the corner, then right as he arrives bolt past him, and continue practicing 'away from' fleeing techniques.
>>
No. 980384 ID: 97752b
File 160455590177.png - (2.99KB , 250x250 , The Prisoner.png )
980384

>>979411
Well, the 'corner' is that open space right in front of him, but I see what you're saying.
I jump into the guard post and hide behind the counter.
>>
No. 980385 ID: 97752b
File 160455625669.png - (4.17KB , 250x250 , The Fool.png )
980385

rolled 18 = 18

>>979398
I like the way you think!

"Hey, is this a prank? Wait, why is the post empty? Damnit, Lha'ri was right, conscripting converts from Atreon was less useful than hiring a sack of potatoes... *sigh* I guess if I take this asshole's shift, I can get his paycheck when we 'dismiss' him. I wonder if he left his gambling earnings under the hammock...

The fool! He's ripe for the blood harvest, now's my chance!
>>
No. 980387 ID: 97752b
File 160455672310.png - (4.46KB , 250x250 , THIS IS WHAT YOU GET YOU SICK MOTHMAN THIS IS WHAT.png )
980387

(Stealth Attack, DC 15: [Rolled 18, +2 Dexterity Bonus, +1 Sneak Attack Feat, -2 Strength Bonus] = 19 Success)

I remember that I have a thin canteen in my hand for some reason and toss it while the guard is distracted!

"Hey, what was-"

And then I lunge, stabbing him in the neck and pulling him into the counter! He squirms for air as I continue sawing through his throat-hole and pulling him further and further! His tale is over and his final pleas for vengeance are but soft hums echoing throughout my aura, giving me the strength to lumber the neck again and again!
I resist the urge to scream at him for everything he and his brothers have put me through until he dies. I still want to do that today.
>>
No. 980388 ID: 97752b

Ha... whoo... on a roll here.
Need to rest my eyes a little.

[Saber Obtained!]
[Light Feather Helmet Obtained!]

Now, I'm going to need your help on an important decision.
I have a dead body, with some delicious, fire-resistant armor. The problem is, the guards should have fully dealt with the fire by now.
If I waste too much time removing the armor, you know what happens. And I've lost most of my strength these five years, though apparently those beatings kept my reflexes sharp.

On the other hand, I feel naked without some basic armor to prevent death by attrition, and the real soldiers in this dung heap are likely equipped with self-igniting swords and flaming arrows, which a set of anti-fire armor is appropriate for.

I'm less eager to grab the lower garments as they seem restrictive, but the upper chestpiece will take time to unfasten and re-fasten. Still, these pieces are designed to be fitted faster than most armors, so I might not lose too much time.

Please make a choice quickly or I'll have to be spontaneous about this.
>>
No. 980394 ID: 9c48ac

Somehow, this is exactly what I expected from a kome quest. :)

>>980388
Your advantages right now are in stealth, speed and surprise.
Even with the armor, you're weak enough that you'd probably lose a fair fight.
Leave it and keep moving.
>>
No. 980407 ID: 894419

Agreed, leave the armor and stay light on your feet!
>>
No. 980431 ID: ce1a37

grab the upper body armor and see if you can put it on while running for your miserable life! if not, awkwardly hold onto it until you find a crevice or nook in the eh, bedrock wall, and hunker down there to figure it out.
>>
No. 980674 ID: ecb3d0

>>980431
This seems like the best plan. Also lets us just ditch it if it proves more trouble than it is worth
>>
No. 981501 ID: 094652
File 160592020133.jpg - (342.36KB , 1920x1200 , 20201119160548_1.jpg )
981501

Huh, this plate is easier to remove than I thought-
Oh, it's just leather. This should do!

No time to think, through the door!
>>
No. 981502 ID: 094652
File 160592023701.jpg - (400.89KB , 1920x1200 , 20201119160554_1.jpg )
981502

Three doors in front of me, which one should I take?
>>
No. 981517 ID: b1b4f3

Left door.
>>
No. 981875 ID: ecb3d0

>>981517
no time for hesitation, left door.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason