[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 157535496841.png - (4.85KB , 800x600 , 0.png )
950771 No. 950771 ID: 15a025

Previous Threads & Wiki:
https://tgchan.org/wiki/The_Herd

Discussion Thread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/115339.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 950772 ID: 15a025
File 157535503709.png - (5.36KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
950772

???: "I'll have go. It seems like our 'star team' has found their way backstage."

???2: "Do as you wish with them. Just make sure they don't take home any consolation prizes."


The feline like cultist turns and approaches us.

Cultist?: "I was sort of hoping you'd show up, you little hound! Shame you had you to go and delay our grand event a bit on your way here. I guess I'll just have to play the lead role tonight instead!"
>>
No. 950774 ID: b1b4f3

>>950772
Throw some ranged attacks, see what he's capable of. Then we can make a more detailed plan.
>>
No. 950777 ID: 91ee5f

>>950774
This is exactly what we need to do!
>>
No. 950826 ID: 3ce8ff

not 100% on what team we currently are, but yea ranged attacks
>>
No. 950981 ID: 15a025
File 157559903370.png - (5.61KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
950981

>Throw some ranged attacks, see what he's capable of. Then we can make a more detailed plan.
>This is exactly what we need to do!

Candy: "Lead role huh? Well let's see how you handle being thrown on the hot seat then!"
>>
No. 950982 ID: 15a025
File 157559904541.png - (3.63KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
950982

I toss a fireball at them-
>>
No. 950983 ID: 15a025
File 157559905856.png - (5.23KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
950983

Cultist?: "Disruption!"
>>
No. 950984 ID: 15a025
File 157559909505.png - (3.95KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
950984

Candy: "My fireball exploded!?
>>
No. 950986 ID: b1b4f3

I doubt they can do that vs light projectiles though. Candy, you may have to get closer and work in tandem with Pierce to wear them down so that Roxie can land a shot. You have a flamethrower technique right?

You could also try surrounding them so they can't defend against everyone's attacks.
>>
No. 951037 ID: e7c7d3

How well can they handle multiple fireballs at once? Either way, you can distract them while your allies get closer.
>>
No. 951038 ID: a9af05

>>950986
>Flamethrower
>>951037
>Multiple fireballs
Unfortunately, I think we've only got a single one at a time fireball spell.

>Distract so allies can get in close
Let's do this!
>>
No. 951279 ID: 08227f

Throw the nearest rock to see if he can disrupt non-magic.
>>
No. 951907 ID: 15a025
File 157679682234.png - (5.34KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
951907

>-
Oh crap there's something coming at me!
I barely manage sway away and dodge whatever that was.

>You have a flamethrower technique right?
Nope, just my fireball.

>How well can they handle multiple fireballs at once?
>Unfortunately, I think we've only got a single one at a time fireball spell.

Yeah, I'm only able to charge up one fire ball at a time.

>I doubt they can do that vs light projectiles though.
If Roxie threw her spear or whatever, it'd probably survive? But then she'd be unarmed for a bit.
>Either way, you can distract them while your allies get closer.
>Let's do this!

I'm not sure how much I can keep them on me, but I'll try!
>>
No. 951908 ID: 15a025
File 157679686162.png - (5.29KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
951908

>Throw the nearest rock to see if he can disrupt non-magic.
Looking around quickly, it doesn't look like I've got any rocks? Wait, my necklace!

Candy: "Let's see you shatter these!"

I rip my necklace off and chuck it at her!
>>
No. 951909 ID: 15a025
File 157679688788.png - (4.37KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
951909

Cultist: "Strike!"

It broke mid air?! The beads scatter around the floor.

Cultist: "I could care less about your beads, lamb chop!"
>>
No. 951910 ID: 15a025
File 157679696329.png - (5.59KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
951910

Candy: "Gotcha! Pierce, Roxie move in!"

The cultist grunts as they try to use their robe to block my sneaky fireball.
>>
No. 951911 ID: 15a025
File 157679698648.png - (6.30KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
951911

Roxie goes to stab the cultist, but she parries the attack!

Roxie: "What!"

Cultist: "I'm not the ring leader here for just for show! Unlike the others, I - egh!"
>>
No. 951912 ID: 15a025
File 157679700360.png - (5.15KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
951912

Pierce manages to take a good swipe at her side and scratch her arm.
>>
No. 951913 ID: b1b4f3

>>951912
Keep up the pressure! Candy, watch out for friendly fire. Don't let him try to dodge your fireball so that it hits an ally behind him.
Roxie, mostly try to keep him from throwing any more darkness around.
>>
No. 951914 ID: e7c7d3

Throwing fireballs into the fight will probably not end well. If closing in is a bad idea as well, the fireballs could still be used to keep the cultist in the fight though. If they ever try to move into a better position just launch a fireball in that direction to stop them. Try to avoid actually hitting anyone, but the cultist won't know that you are and should act accordingly.
>>
No. 952776 ID: 15a025
File 157820849715.png - (4.93KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
952776

>Keep up the pressure! Candy, watch out for friendly fire. Don't let him try to dodge your fireball so that it hits an ally behind him.
>Throwing fireballs into the fight will probably not end well.
Dang it, now I'm worried about lighting someone on fire!

>Roxie, mostly try to keep him from throwing any more darkness around.
Candy: "Stay on the offense Roxie! If she's using magic to hold up her shield, I don't think she can cast any other spells!"

Cultist: "So you think! Strike again!"

Candy: "Agh!"

A flash of purple slashes me. It stings, but I don't think I'm hurt too badly.
Pierce: "Dual casting? No..?" Candy, Roxie! Something doesn't feel right here, try to keep a close on her!"
>>
No. 952777 ID: 15a025
File 157820853374.png - (6.02KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
952777

Roxie manages to shatter the cultist's shield after another few hits!

Cultist: "Haaaaaah!"

As the shield shatters, strange smoke fills the room!

Roxie: "What happened to my spear? It's gone!"

Pierce: "That's not the only thi-"
>>
No. 952778 ID: 15a025
File 157820854878.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
952778

Pierce: "Candy watch out!"

Candy: "Baah!!!"

Either I can try to hold out my fire and try to shield myself with it, or I can try to make it explode in her face. Or something else quickly!
>>
No. 952780 ID: b1b4f3

>>952778
A Fireball in the face is pretty distracting. Get some distance afterwards, and try not to get hit by another strike spell.
If something weird is going on in here I think it's time we started targeting things in the room that stand out. Like those candles or whatever.
Also maybe try to target her jewelry. I don't think it's for show.

...hmm, those beads got scattered earlier, maybe you can lure her over them so she trips? Roxie could get a hit in then.
>>
No. 952984 ID: e7c7d3

Fire shield. If they immediately dispell it, do a head butt and get away.
>>
No. 953151 ID: 24c601

Oh my god did you just bleat?

Blast the biggest blast you've ever blasted their diection, if only to obscure their vision, while you get evasive.
>>
No. 954496 ID: 15a025
File 158006434433.png - (5.68KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
954496

>A Fireball in the face is pretty distracting.
>Blast the biggest blast you've ever blasted their diection, if only to obscure their vision, while you get evasive.

I pour as much energy as I can into my fireball and try to get it to explo-
>>
No. 954497 ID: 15a025
File 158006442311.png - (5.50KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
954497

>>
No. 954498 ID: 15a025
File 158006445495.png - (4.76KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
954498

>did you just bleat?
Eugh. I hope not.

I groan as I try to get back up. The explosion must have knocked me over. It looks like the smoke's cleared up for some reason too? My face and eyes burn a little.

Pierce & Roxie: "Candy!"

Candy: "I'm okay!"

>I think it's time we started targeting things in the room that stand out. Like those candles or whatever.

Also maybe try to target her jewelry. I don't think it's for show.
I've got few seconds before I can fire off another fireball, what should I try aiming for?
>>
No. 954503 ID: e7c7d3

Maybe the ritual circle on the floor first?
>>
No. 954506 ID: 509e5e

>>954503
Yeah try this.
>>
No. 954508 ID: b1b4f3

It looks like the curse magic reacted with your fireball for some reason.
Definitely try burning the markings on the floor, but also try aiming for her jewelry next time you throw a fireball.
>>
No. 954765 ID: 15a025
File 158027497172.png - (5.88KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
954765

>Maybe the ritual circle on the floor first?
>Yeah try this.
>Definitely try burning the markings on the floor
Wouldn't lighting it on fire activate-

Cultist: "You wanted to know what happened to Snowshoes? I give you a similar experience firsthand!"

Okay crap, she's in the middle of the circle doing something!
>>
No. 954766 ID: 15a025
File 158027498464.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
954766

I slam a ball of fire on the circle and watch as it ignites.
>>
No. 954767 ID: 15a025
File 158027500477.png - (15.44KB , 1200x1600 , 20.png )
954767

She catches on fire as the circle burns away.
>>
No. 954768 ID: 15a025
File 158027505938.png - (6.17KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
954768

Until all that's left is... nothing?

Candy: "So much for all that talk about resisting other magic."

Pierce: "I wouldn't relax yet, something just isn't right about all this."

Candy: "Did you not just see her get burnt to a crisp?"

Pierce: "Yeah, but like. No ashes. Or her enchantment stone."
>>
No. 954773 ID: b1b4f3

The candle on the right flared up! There's something over there probably! Tell your allies to move, and Pierce to prepare to fight another spirit.
>>
No. 954776 ID: 91ee5f

>>954773
This!
>>
No. 954864 ID: a9af05

>>954768
There's something over by the right candle!
>>
No. 955630 ID: 15a025
File 158103657284.png - (6.05KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
955630

>The candle on the right flared up! There's something over there probably! Tell your allies to move, and Pierce to prepare to fight another spirit.
>There's something over by the right candle!
Candy: "Pierce, candle on the right just flared up!"

His claws come out and he starts frantically looking around the room.

Pierce: "I don't see any spirits?! Wait, that'd mean it's coming from-
>>
No. 955631 ID: 15a025
File 158103659355.png - (4.92KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
955631

Cultist: "Right behind you."

Pierce: "No-"
>>
No. 955632 ID: 15a025
File 158103663433.png - (6.58KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
955632

Pierce falls to the ground.

Candy & Roxie: "Pierce!"

Cultist: "Enjoy your catnap while you can. You've got a large bill to work off when I'm done with your friends now, punk.

Roxie: "How are you back! We just-"

Cultist: "Does a magician reveal her tricks? Come on now. Fire doesn't hurt me much at all, you should know that."

Candy "What is it you saw that we didn't, Pierce?"

I need to pay better attention. Pierce tried to warn us about something, but what?
>>
No. 955669 ID: e7c7d3

The shadows, maybe? Pierce could've been looking down and the cultist's voice was spooky dark. Make the cultist disappear again and stab one of your shadows.
>>
No. 955670 ID: b1b4f3

Yep, the cultist came out of Pierce's shadow. Before she showed up again his shadow got darker.
This explains a lot-- why fireballs seem to disrupt her magic(it's the light, not the heat), and how she seems to keep teleporting behind people. I think the weird smoke was some kind of shadow aura, which dispelled Roxie's light magic since I guess shadow is a counter to light? Or maybe they're polar opposites and the shadow smoke was just stronger.

Now that we know her trick, we can defend against it somewhat. Whenever she disappears, that means she's hiding in a shadow. Should be able to throw a fireball at whatever shadow she's hiding in to bring her out, or Roxie can stab the shadow to injure her. Keeping fire all over the place to minimize shadows might work? Or it could give her more shadows to work with, it depends on how her magic works.
>>
No. 955683 ID: 91ee5f

>>955632
She came out of his shadow! Now that we know her trick, we can catch her off guard next time she tries it!
>>
No. 955689 ID: a9af05

>>955632
Like the others said, she came out of his shadow. Just make sure you pay attention because she can make your shadow move so that it's always behind you.
>>
No. 956884 ID: 15a025
File 158224917521.png - (6.59KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
956884

>Yep, the cultist came out of Pierce's shadow. Before she showed up again his shadow got darker.
>She came out of his shadow!
That's great. Hope you spirits can help watch my back then.

>I think the weird smoke was some kind of shadow aura, which dispelled Roxie's light magic since I guess shadow is a counter to light? Or maybe they're polar opposites and the shadow smoke was just stronger.

I'd say it's the later. From what I've learned, light and cursed magic can counter each other. Whatever spell has more power will cancel out the other.

>Make the cultist disappear again and stab one of your shadows.
Candy: "Roxie! Go on the offensive again, I've got another plan!"

While Roxie stabs away at their shield, I take the chance to move Pierce out of the way. I hope he's going to be okay.
>>
No. 956885 ID: 15a025
File 158224921815.png - (4.66KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
956885

Cultist: "What's wrong fluff ball, feeling sheepish? Here, I'll give you a chance to be in the spot light too! Ignite!

I almost drop Pierce and let out a loud bleat of fear as I'm surrounded by a ring of purple flames!
>>
No. 956889 ID: e7c7d3

Is the ring closing in? You may have to act from here
>>
No. 956894 ID: b1b4f3

>>956885
The ring of fire is a distraction! She's in your shadow again! Attack the shadow!
>>
No. 956903 ID: 91ee5f

>>956885
She must suck at hitting moving targets if she needs to make a ring of fire to make you hold still.

She’s in your shadow and is about to attack!
>>
No. 957379 ID: 15a025
File 158276236789.png - (5.51KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
957379

>Is the ring closing in?
It's not closing in on me.

>She’s in your shadow and is about to attack
>She's in your shadow again! Attack the shadow!

I apologize to Pierce as I drop him to start charging up a fire ball. Or, wait? How can she be in my shadow? She's over there fighting-

She can be in two places at once!?

The one in front of me is charging up something up as well.
>>
No. 957387 ID: 891b91

She's expecting you to shoot the fireball at the version of her inside the ring. Fake her out and shoot at the one outside the ring instead, and try to dive out of the way of her shot when she fires at you.
>>
No. 957400 ID: b1b4f3

She's not in two places at once. There's more than one of them. The tails have been changing! The first one had some thin tiger-like tail. The second one has a fox tail. The one fighting Roxie has two fox tails.

I wonder if the tail is the source of her power? Maybe you should aim for that.
>>
No. 957495 ID: 15a025
File 158286007772.png - (5.64KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
957495

>There's more than one of them. The tails have been changing!
How did I not notice that till now?

>She's expecting you to shoot the fireball at the version of her inside the ring. Fake her out and shoot at the one outside the ring instead, and try to dive out of the way of her shot when she fires at you.
>I wonder if the tail is the source of her power? Maybe you should aim for that.

Candy: "How about I put a light on your tricks instead, Fire!"

I quickly turn around and shoot a fire ball at the one with two-tails.

One-Tail: "Hah, nice ai-"
>>
No. 957496 ID: 15a025
File 158286009245.png - (6.06KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
957496

Two-tail puts her focus on the fireball long enough that Roxie manages to slip past her shield and land a direct blow!

Roxie: "Yeah-!"
>>
No. 957497 ID: 15a025
File 158286010380.png - (5.68KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
957497

The cultist explodes into smoke!
Roxie coughs out something, but I can't make out what she's saying?
>>
No. 957502 ID: 15a025
File 158286114530.png - (5.60KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
957502

One-Tail: "Strike!"

I try to duck the attack, and luckily all that gets hit is my poor hat.

One-tail: "Hah! I thought you looked a little familiar-"

No, don't say it...

One-tail: "Sugar Cane! You got a lot of guts showing your face here!"

Damn it, what the hell did she do to piss off the cult!
>>
No. 957505 ID: b1b4f3

>>957497
The candle went back down. Also IIRC that's not how cultists die, they turn to ash and leave their clothes behind. That was a fake body. One that the boss is somehow able to cast through, since it was able to make that shield.

>>957502
You can ask her later. Tell the cultist you're not Sugar, and to be honest you're tired of fighting shadow clones.
Considering all the graffiti around, I suspect the real boss has THREE fox tails.
>>
No. 957507 ID: 891b91

>>957505
>Considering all the graffiti around, I suspect the real boss has THREE fox tails.
Makes sense to me -- so this one in the ring isn't the real deal either.

Sugar must have ripped the cult off or something. I think we can use this case of mistaken identity to our advantage -- we might be able to cause her to reveal herself by making her angrier.

Say something like, "Yeah, you got me. I wanted to tell you I'm sorry... sorry I didn't scam you losers twice as much when I had the chance!"
>>
No. 957508 ID: 91ee5f

>>957502
Tell her that you’re sick of everyone calling you that! That’s not you’re name!

>>957502
>Considering all the graffiti around, I suspect the real boss has THREE fox tails.
It’s either that, or the number of tails is the number of clones that can be made. And with two tails gone, she’s only got one clone left.

I’m not sure.
>>
No. 957529 ID: ce39da

"Look, I dunno what my sister did, and I don't give a shit. What's a girl gotta do to have you beefing with her on her own dang achievements?"

Should build enough time for another fireball.
>>
No. 957692 ID: 15a025
File 158308522097.png - (5.67KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
957692

>Tell the cultist you're not Sugar, and to be honest you're tired of fighting shadow clones.
>Tell her that you’re sick of everyone calling you that! That’s not your name!
>Look, I dunno what my sister did, and I don't give a shit
>Should build enough time for another fireball.
Candy: "Get your eyes checked, I'm not Sugar! I'm her sister-"

One-Tail: "Come on, you don't look anything like your sister, Pepper!

I let out an angry groan. Remind me when I get home to not hold back when I kick her ass.
>Sugar must have ripped the cult off or something. I think we can use this case of mistaken identity to our advantage -- we might be able to cause her to reveal herself by making her angrier.

Candy: "I'm- you know what never mind. Yup, you've got me. It's me Sugar Cane. Now that we've got that out of the way, you going to start fighting us for real or are you going to keep hiding behind your shadows?"

One-Tail: "You think I'm going to expose myself when the stakes are this high now? I can't even imagine the reward I'd get for handing you over!"

Candy: "If that's the case, I'm sorry. Sorry I didn't scam a bunch of wimps like you even harder when I had the chance! I bet you can't even imagine what you'd get because there's nothing left to hand out!"

Her tone of voice changes. It sounds like I really struck a nerve with her.
One-tail: "I'm going to show you just how much of a mistake stealing from us was. Just like we did with Snowshoes.
>>
No. 957693 ID: 15a025
File 158308524833.png - (5.31KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
957693

The room goes dark for a moment while she lets out a low snarl. Then I can see some purple flames and the room's lit again. She's got four tails and the ring of fire is gone now?

Four-Tails?: I believe it's time I draw the curtain on this performance."
>>
No. 957699 ID: b1b4f3

>>957693
Ah, deeper purple. This is the real deal.
See if you can hit her enchantment stones.
>>
No. 957784 ID: 891b91

>>957699
Seconding this.

Also, try to keep Four-Tails occupied and give Roxie an opening to attack her from behind.
>>
No. 957832 ID: e7c7d3

Fire to the face!
>>
No. 960813 ID: 15a025
File 158610587923.png - (5.78KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
960813

>Ah, deeper purple. This is the real deal. See if you can hit her enchantment stones.
>Fire to the face!

Candy: "You're gonna need to draw some better fire power then!"

Four-tails: "I'll burn you under my spotlight!"
>>
No. 960814 ID: 15a025
File 158610599338.png - (7.38KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
960814

We both shoot off our spells and they collide, creating another explosion of smoke!

>try to keep Four-Tails occupied and give Roxie an opening to attack her from behind.
And now with the room filled with smoke now, that should give Roxie the perfect chance for a sneak attack! I motion for her to charge in!
>>
No. 960815 ID: 15a025
File 158610603303.png - (5.82KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
960815

Control has now switched to Roxie.

All this smoke should hopefully be good enough cover for me to sneak around and stab her from behind. I run in, but the sound of my boots clacking on the ground gives away where I'm at! I swing at her as she turns around and manage to cut off one of her big purple tails. Her scream of pain changes into a roar of anger.
>>
No. 960816 ID: 15a025
File 158610605366.png - (4.66KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
960816

She retaliates by smashing my face in with a fist full dark flames! It makes a loud crunch and cracking sound.
>>
No. 960817 ID: e7c7d3

Oof! Circle around her before she strikes again. Confusion is your main advantage with the smoke. Even if she can hear your footsteps, her constantly having to turn around in the smoke to face you will still disorientate her.
>>
No. 960818 ID: c84ff4

>>960817
yea if you keep circling it is likely that while your opponent will know where you are, they will no longer have any idea where anyone else is
>>
No. 960847 ID: b1b4f3

>>960816
Fight through the pain! Try to use your polearm's reach so she can't punch you again.
>>
No. 961295 ID: 15a025
File 158647423455.png - (5.85KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
961295

>Oof! Circle around her before she strikes again. Confusion is your main advantage with the smoke. Even if she can hear your footsteps, her constantly having to turn around in the smoke to face you will still disorientate her.
>yea if you keep circling it is likely that while your opponent will know where you are, they will no longer have any idea where anyone else is
I try to brush off the pain for now and start running around her

>use your polearm's reach so she can't punch you again.
This time though, I'm making sure to keep my distance a bit. It's hard to see in the smoke, but her flames are bright enough to give her away. Once I out speed and get behind her, I-

Three-Tails?: "Fire Wall!"
Her tails slam into the ground and a wall of fire ignites up from the ground. I barely manage to stop before running into it.
>>
No. 961297 ID: c84ff4

>>961295
wow rude
>>
No. 961299 ID: b1b4f3

>>961295
Think you could finish her off with a jump strike, through the flames?
>>
No. 961341 ID: 91ee5f

>>961299
If Roxie is willing to do this, then I say she goes for it! Hopefully the enemy won’t be expecting it!
>>
No. 961974 ID: 15a025
File 158691452884.png - (0B , 800x600 )
961974

rolled 3 = 3

>Think you could finish her off with a jump strike, through the flames?
>If Roxie is willing to do this, then I say she goes for it! Hopefully the enemy won’t be expecting it!

While this robe is suppose to protect me a bit from her magic, I'm not sure how much I trust it. Those flames are almost as tall as I am as well. I don't think I've got much of a choice here though, it's the perfect chance to end this.

Rolling a ten sided dice for results. Higher number means better results. May take a bit to write and draw the outcome, so feel free post reactions in the meantime.
>>
No. 961985 ID: b1b4f3

Erm. May need to avoid damage by throwing light balls after this...
>>
No. 962034 ID: c84ff4

>>961974
oh no
>>
No. 962049 ID: 15a025
File 158697106589.png - (5.15KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
962049

I take a few steps back, and then run up and try to jump over the flames. I don't make it and end up jumping through the flames instead, and fall over on my landing. My polearm manages to hook on to the cultist's rope on the way though, and I hear something tear off.

>Erm. May need to avoid damage by throwing light balls after this...
If could throw light balls like Relina, I would have done that instead of trying to jump over fire!
>>
No. 962050 ID: 15a025
File 158697109665.png - (5.99KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
962050

Three-tails: "That was close, clutz. Enjoying your fall from grace?"

She grabs me by the neck

Three-tails: "I think it's time I enjoyed myself and smoke this weed."

[color=red]Candy: "Here, need a light!"


I see a flash of red light.

[color=purple]Three-tails: "Gaaah!"

While still holding me with one hand, she fires off another blast of purple flames with her other.
>>
No. 962051 ID: 15a025
File 158697113998.png - (8.63KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
962051

The two spells explode into each other and the smoke gets even thicker.

I hear Candy starting to cough.
>>
No. 962052 ID: e7c7d3

Are you still grabbed by three-tails? Try to crawl away if you can.
>>
No. 962056 ID: b1b4f3

>>962051
Stab!
>>
No. 962074 ID: a9af05

>>962051
If she's still holding you, then stab her because there's no way she can dodge at this range!
>>
No. 962229 ID: 15a025
File 158708754416.png - (5.95KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
962229

>If she's still holding you, then stab her because there's no way she can dodge at this range!
She's choking me, I can barely breath!

>Stab!

I fight to get my arms up, but her hold on me keeps getting tighter. I can feel my neck start to crack a bit.

Three-tails: "You know they say smoking isn't good for your lungs! Maybe you'd still have some fight left in you if you didn't-"

I slowly start working my polearm right into her gut.
>>
No. 962230 ID: 15a025
File 158708755140.png - (3.16KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
962230

Then everything goes white.
>>
No. 962231 ID: 15a025
File 158708755850.png - (4.79KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
962231

I groan as I try to get up off the ground. There's a loud beeping sound and the room is thick with smoke. I think I hear someone coughing, but it's hard to hear.
>>
No. 962232 ID: b1b4f3

Yay we won. Sorry you got so hurt, Roxie.
Looks like there's some normal fire in here, which means that smoke isn't entirely the magical kind.

Stay low, you two. Cover your mouth with something to filter out some of the smoke.
Priority one is finding Pierce, because he's knocked out and can't escape on his own.
Secondary priority is retrieving the stones the boss was using, don't want anyone to get those.
>>
No. 962271 ID: 91ee5f

>>962232
This
>>
No. 962313 ID: a9af05

>>962231
I think I see some empty purple robes in front of you alnog with what I think are 6 dark stones.

>Coughing
I think that's Candy.

Both of you need to find Pierce and each other, then get out of here! Make sure you stay low to the ground so that you don't die from inhaling smoke.
>>
No. 962325 ID: 15a025
File 158717304435.png - (4.77KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
962325

>Looks like there's some normal fire in here, which means that smoke isn't entirely the magical kind.
For a second I look around trying to figure out where that voice is coming from, but then I remember I'm wearing a magic necklace. Then I see the massive wall of fire behind me and try not to panic. If it's real fire, this robe isn't protecting me from that at all.

>Stay low, you two. Cover your mouth with something to filter out some of the smoke.
>Make sure you stay low to the ground so that you don't die from inhaling smoke.
However, it might be the best thing I have to try and filter the smoke. It hurts to breath enough as it is now. I pull down my hood and try to wrap it over and on my nose.

>Priority one is finding Pierce, because he's knocked out and can't escape on his own.
>Both of you need to find Pierce and each other, then get out of here! Make sure you stay low to the ground so that you don't die from inhaling smoke.
That's going to be tough, I can't see much of anything in this smoke. I hope him and Candy are doing okay.

>Secondary priority is retrieving the stones the boss was using, don't want anyone to get those.
>I think I see some empty purple robes in front of you along with what I think are 6 dark stones.
That robe must be that boss's robe. As for the dark stuff on the ground, those would be her ashes. Or whatever Relina was calling it.

>I think that's Candy [coughing].
Where sight and smell fail, I guess my ears are going to have to guide me. I get down on my knees and start listening for her.
>>
No. 962326 ID: 15a025
File 158717306141.png - (4.28KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
962326

Crawling around the room I can't tell if I'm getting closer to her or if her coughing is just getting worse. Eventually I find her keeled over on the ground coughing violently. I try to say something, but I end up coughing out some incoherent sounds.
>>
No. 962332 ID: b1b4f3

>>962326
I can't see Pierce...
Get her out then go back for Pierce. Unless you find him on the way out?
>>
No. 962347 ID: e7c7d3

Get Candy out of there. Have to focus on one task at a time in an emergency situation
>>
No. 962355 ID: b1b4f3

...it occurs to me that Candy's helper is very likely to show up now.
Maybe it would be better for Roxie to focus on getting to Pierce.
>>
No. 962359 ID: 91ee5f

>>962355
Maybe? I’m not sure. What were the requirements again? Did her life need to be in danger? Like the “I’m going to die in the next few seconds” kind of danger? If the smoke filled room is going to do that much harm to her, then yeah, Candy’s helper will show up.

But just to be on the safe side, let’s act like he might not show up and make an attempt to save Candy. Plus, if he does show up, we’ll want him to see Roxie trying to save Candy, so that he’ll know she’s a friend and will save both of them instead of only saving Candy.
>>
No. 962537 ID: 15a025
File 158727780165.png - (4.82KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
962537

>Candy's helper is very likely to show up now. Maybe it would be better for Roxie to focus on getting to Pierce.
>just to be on the safe side, let’s act like he might not show up and make an attempt to save Candy. Plus, if he does show up, we’ll want him to see Roxie trying to save Candy, so that he’ll know she’s a friend and will save both of them instead of only saving Candy.

Yeah no, I'm not going to risk her life on the chance some monster thing from hell is going to show up and save her. I also wouldn't want to explain to Sugar why her sister's dead either.

>Get Candy out of there. Have to focus on one task at a time in an emergency situation
>Get her out then go back for Pierce. Unless you find him on the way out?
Getting her around and staying low isn't going to be easy. I try to get her on my back, but there's no way it's happening. I can barely keep myself up. I end up having to drag her over to the door. Then- huh?! It's... it won't open!

No- no no no! I get up and bang on the door and start to panic. It's not opening! Shit!
>>
No. 962554 ID: b1b4f3

>>962537
Looks like... a bar or something? Or this is one of those doors you have to push this long button-like thing to get it open. Can you summon your weapon again to get some light in here to see the door mechanism better? Maybe use it as a crowbar to get the door open if needed?

Getting the door open will let the smoke out too, which means you can probably go back and find Pierce easier.
>>
No. 962572 ID: 91ee5f

>>962537
You’re enchantment is supposed to be an axe, but you’re using it as a polearm, right? Well, use it as an axe this time and try smashing down the door!

The way firefighters do it, is they aim for the top door hinge, so that the door can easily be shoved open.
>>
No. 962593 ID: c84ff4

>>962572
alternately is it a pull door?
>>
No. 962619 ID: 15a025
File 158731821968.png - (4.89KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
962619

>Looks like... a bar or something? Or this is one of those doors you have to push this long button-like thing to get it open.
Yeah, that seems to be how it works. I try to push in the button though but the door isn't budging at all!

>Your enchantment is supposed to be an axe, but you’re using it as a polearm, right? Well, use it as an axe this time and try smashing down the door! Aim for the top door hinge, so that the door can easily be shoved open.
I try making an ax, but it's hard to focus and making me light headed. I manage to push myself and make one, though it's a little small. I try putting all my strength into my swings, but hitting the hinges isn't do much. The only thing that happens is that beeping sound is getting louder.

>summon your weapon again to get some light in here to see the door mechanism better?
Looking at the door as a whole. There's the push bar thing to open it, and it looks like some kind of metal brace at the top with some exposed wires? Close to the door is a rusty caution sign. I can't make out what it says though just glancing at it.
>>
No. 962628 ID: c84ff4

>>962619
look closer at warning if that doesn't help, hack at wire thing
>>
No. 962645 ID: e7c7d3

Is this the only way out? Take a quick look around to find any red, glowing emergency lights.

If this a powered door, it may have been locked remotely. If so, hacking the wires may be a gamble, depending if they want it to be opened during emergency or locked when it loses power.

Try to locate the beeping
>>
No. 963264 ID: 15a025
File 158765931985.png - (4.21KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
963264

>look closer at warning
I stop hacking away at the hinges and take a closer look at the warning. Even shining my ax on it though, it's still kind of hard to read.

"CAUTION!: DOOR LOCKS IN EVENT OF FIRE!

Who approved that design choice?! And I wonder if there's a chance I could sue the safety board for that bright idea?
>>
No. 963265 ID: 15a025
File 158765934495.gif - (9.81KB , 800x600 , 51.gif )
963265

>Is this the only way out? Take a quick look around to find any red, glowing emergency lights.
This was the only door in the room I remember seeing. Looking around, I can't see much of anything unless it's in front of me.

>Try to locate the beeping.
Maybe my ears can point in the right direction again though? I try to focus on the beeping and start moving over towards it. When I look up, I see that it's a smoke detector on the ceiling. There's a metal brace with some more exposed wires connected to it. Following it a bit, I'd be willing to bet it goes back to the door.

>If this a powered door, it may have been locked remotely. If so, hacking the wires may be a gamble, depending if they want it to be opened during emergency or locked when it loses power.
Thinking I might only have two options at this point.

I could go back to the door and try smashing the metal brace and cutting the wires and hope the door open. Though like you spirits said, there's the risk it could stay locked if it loses power.

Or, I could try reshaping my light ax back into a polearm and see if I can break the smoke detector. Maybe if that loses power the door mechanism will think there isn't a fire going and unlock? It'd be risky though, it takes a lot of my focus to mess with my enchantment. I'm light headed as it is now, if I'm not careful I could end up passing out.
>>
No. 963267 ID: c84ff4

>>963265
If it locks/remains locked when power is lost we are just kinda fucked. So just attacking the wires is probably the best bet. If this is sensibly designed, the door just gets its power through the detector meaning breaking the detector is almost identical to cutting the wire. (destroy the thing that determines what signal is given means you get no signal, similar to cutting the wires giving no signal) The exception is if you break JUST the fire detecting part and not the rest of the device, which even under better conditions we would probably have a rough chance of making happen, under current conditions that would probably be more like winning the lottery.
TL;DR: Cut wire, ignore detector.
>>
No. 963271 ID: b1b4f3

Break the smoke detector. If the door detects no fire, then it won't lock.
>>
No. 963280 ID: a9af05

>>963265
Destroy the smoke detector!
>>
No. 963284 ID: 7cc58f

>>963271
Do this
>>
No. 963326 ID: 15a025
File 158769544292.png - (4.68KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
963326

>Break the smoke detector. If the door detects no fire, then it won't lock.
>Destroy the smoke detector!
>Do this
Here goes nothing then. I pour my focus into shaping my ax into as long of a po le a r m a s I c...

I start to fall over a bit, but manage to catch myself a bit. It's getting harder and hurts to breath. I force myself back up.
>>
No. 963327 ID: 15a025
File 158769545853.png - (4.48KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
963327

Once I'm back up on two legs I thrust my polearm up as hard as I can and jam it into the smoke detector! It screeches out an ear piercing beep before it goes silent. After that I hear a loud 'thunk'.
>>
No. 963329 ID: 15a025
File 158769547330.png - (5.04KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
963329

I carefully race over to the door and thankfully it opens! I grab Candy and drag her out of there.

I start trying to take deep breathes to get some air, but I end up on the ground in a fit of coughs like Candy. I feel like I'm going to pass out, but I need to get back in there and look for Pierce. I don't know what to do.
>>
No. 963331 ID: e7c7d3

It hurts, but you can't save Pierce if you're liable to pass out. Try to properly catch your breath. Maybe look back into the room to see if the smoke dissipated enough to see Pierce
>>
No. 963332 ID: c84ff4

leave the door open so the smoke can escape so he can breath more even if you cant get to him
>>
No. 963333 ID: b1b4f3

Candy's still breathing right?
Take your robe off your face again so you can breathe easier in the clean air to catch your breath, and make sure to get some air lower down instead of near the smoke.

Once you've caught your breath you can take your robe off entirely off and ball it up in front of your face maybe? You're wearing something under it right? Then you can go back in to save Pierce. Also there's some ventilation now, so the air low in the room should be better.

You can do this, Roxie.
>>
No. 963337 ID: 91ee5f

>>963329
Check on Candy and make sure she’s breathing!

>>963333
Also do this!
>>
No. 963721 ID: 891b91

>>963331
>>963332
>>963333
>>963337
Seconding all of these.
>>
No. 963821 ID: c84ff4

>>963333
>Also there's some ventilation now
that is only true if we prop the door open (or it does not auto close, but given it has a auto lock I assume it also auto closes)
>>
No. 963831 ID: a9af05

>>963821
We could probably prop the door open with Candy. Just open the door all the way, lay Candy against the door, and tell her to hold the door open.
>>
No. 964470 ID: 15a025
File 158829126051.png - (5.08KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
964470

>you can't save Pierce if you're liable to pass out. Try to properly catch your breath. Maybe look back into the room to see if the smoke dissipated enough to see Pierce
Peaking in, I still can't see much of anything other than the fire.

>Candy's still breathing right?
>Check on Candy and make sure she’s breathing!
I prop her up over by me. She's still coughing pretty hard. It sounds like she's taking in some breathes between coughs though. I don't know how to tell for sure though?

>Take your robe off your face again so you can breathe easier in the clean air to catch your breath
Off the hood goes. I try take in deep breaths but start gagging a bit from the rotting sewage smell down here. It beats suffocating from smoke though.
>prop the door open with Candy. Just open the door all the way, lay Candy against the door, and tell her to hold the door open.
I open the door up all the way and rest her against it.

Roxie: "Candy, I *coughs* I need you to keep this open. I'm going back in for Pierce."

She's still coughing, but gives me a nod of approval.

>Once you've caught your breath you can take your robe off entirely off and ball it up in front of your face maybe? You're wearing something under it right? Then you can go back in to save Pierce.
Of course I'm wearing clothes under this, it's way too cold here to be doing that. Since we're probably done running into cultists, I guess I can wrap this around my face. I run inside to look for Pierce.
>>
No. 964471 ID: 15a025
File 158829127157.png - (4.43KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
964471

When I find him, he's in a corner of the room. I make sure he's still breathing, but seems like he's still passed out. It also looks like he got singed pretty bad from the fire.
>>
No. 964474 ID: b1b4f3

>>964471
Welp nothing we can do about the burns right now. Get him out of there. Try to keep his head down while you're doing it. Once everyone's out, just rest for a while, see if you can get pierce awake, tend to his wounds if that's possible... and your own.

We beat the boss, Roxie, and nobody died. This is a win, even though people got hurt.
>>
No. 964514 ID: e7c7d3

Get him out of there. If Candy has recovered, have her help you carry him and get out of here
>>
No. 964535 ID: c84ff4

>>964471
we could probably drag him out so both of you can stay low.
>>
No. 964545 ID: dce46f

We won, even if just barely! Pull him out of there with haste and take a breather.
>>
No. 965816 ID: 15a025
File 158897998458.png - (5.35KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
965816

>nothing we can do about the burns right now. Get him out of there.
>Get him out of there. If Candy has recovered, have her help you carry him and get out of here
>we could probably drag him out so both of you can stay low.
>We won, even if just barely! Pull him out of there with haste and take a breather.
I drag Pierce out of the room and sit right back with Candy for a second. I unwrap my robe from around my face and put it back on.

>We beat the boss, Roxie, and nobody died. This is a win, even though people got hurt.
Don't jinx it yet. I'm sure she's fine, but we still need to re-group with Relina and see how she's holding up.

>Once everyone's out, just rest for a while, see if you can get pierce awake, tend to his wounds if that's possible... and your own.
Not much I can really do about our wounds. Nothing to really disinfect or clean them with. I'm probably going to end up needing a trip to the hospital. My neck and nose are killing me, and it's hurting to breath still. As for Pierce, I start tapping his cheeks and face. That is what you're supposed to do, right?

After a bit he starts coming to.

Pierce: "Ah ow! What happened? Why's my face burn!?"

I reply, sounding kinda of rough and stuffy.

Roxie: "You got knocked out, and I managed to turn her into a pile of dust. Then we got trapped in there with a fire."

He winces a bit when I mention the fire.
Pierce: "Guess that explains the burns then."
>>
No. 965818 ID: 15a025
File 158898001913.png - (5.71KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
965818

He slowly gets up.

Pierce: "Uh... how far did you haul me?"

Roxie: "Just outside the burning room behind us, why?"

Pierce: "What? We're on the completely other side of where we came in!"

Roxie: [small]"That doesn't make any sense? There's only one door in there."


Pierce: "This isn't even the same type of door we came in through. We went in through those like, double door kind of doors."

Candy manages to cough out a reply as well.

Candy: "Yeah, it was like coughs like a purple flamey looking door wasn't it?"

Oh don't even tell me we're lost down here now?!
>>
No. 965827 ID: b1b4f3

>>965818
Sheesh I'm surprised Pierce didn't get much of a smoke inhalation problem considering he was in there the longest. Must be because he had his face against the floor, while both of you were standing up when the smoke was really going.

Hrm. Well, close the door so no explosive gases can get in and make things worse. Then I guess just get moving. You may be lost, but that mainly means you just can't go back to Relina in any decent timeframe. Roxie, see if you can learn how to attack from a distance like Relina. You're the most beat up of the party right now and I don't want you taking more hits.

...can we switch perspectives to Relina to help her now?
>>
No. 965914 ID: dce46f

Hmm... we're lost and in pretty bad shape, especially you Roxie, but this is far from over. I doubt we're going to be getting back through the flames anytime soon, so lets organize ourselves so the most capable person takes the lead and start trying to find a path back to where we started so we can link up with Relina as soon as possible. Candy, consider asking for a raise after all this because when you agreed to help the cops out with small time smugglers and swindlers I'm pretty sure fighting legions of corrupted cultists wasn't in the job description.
>>
No. 970239 ID: db90b4

Shut the door, check the body for any burns.

Password to delete this post is dave
>>
No. 970909 ID: 15a025
File 159339200597.png - (5.49KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
970909

>...can we switch perspectives to Relina to help her now?
Relina lacks guide spirits and therefore cannot be given advice or help at this time.

>close the door so no explosive gases can get in and make things worse.
Probably a good idea. I move Candy away from the door and shut it.

>You may be lost, but that mainly means you just can't go back to Relina in any decent timeframe.
>Hmm... we're lost and in pretty bad shape, especially you Roxie, but this is far from over. I doubt we're going to be getting back through the flames anytime soon, so let's organize ourselves so the most capable person takes the lead
Roxie: "Pierce, you mind taking the lead and help us get out of here, or back to Relina?"

He coughs a little as he replies.
Pierce: "I can but I'm not entirely familiar with these parts of the sewer. All I know is we shouldn't be in this end."

Roxie: "Shouldn't be down here in the first place, but that doesn't seem to have stopped anyone here."
>>
No. 970910 ID: 15a025
File 159339204630.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
970910

Pierce takes the lead and guides us until we make a sudden stop.
Pierce: "Carful, someone's-"

Pangolin: "Pierce?"

Pierce: "coming."

Pangolin: "I'd ask if you're out this far hiding from the church, but it uhh... ah shit."
>>
No. 970924 ID: adb916

Even twilight is an ally against the threat of true darkness.
>>
No. 970976 ID: e7c7d3

Place is on fire, so hiding is not the right choice right now, friend pangolin. Know a way we can safely get out?
>>
No. 971536 ID: 15a025
File 159399681303.png - (5.43KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
971536

>Even twilight is an ally against the threat of true darkness.
>Place is on fire, so hiding is not the right choice right now, friend pangolin. Know a way we can safely get out?
Roxie: "Unless you're thinking of becoming a chimera or something, I think we're on good terms. Friend of yours Pierce?

Pierce: "Eh...kind of? I don't know Gambeson other than they're nice."
Gamebeson: "Wew."

Roxie: "Hiding isn't a good idea right now, there's a fire not too far back from here going. Do you know a way out?"

Gambeson: "There's lots of sewer grates we can hop out of, question is where you want to be?"
Candy: "Take us over by where the other church member is."

Gambeson: "No idea, everyone's running away from them is all I know. Church got their boss so now they're doing the old vanishing act. Anywhere specific you're looking to get to?"

Off the top of my head, there's the sewer by the bar Candy came in through and heading back to the church. If we head for the bar we might run into Reilna, and possibly some more cultists trying to get away. If we head for the church though, we might be able to get everyone else to safety first, and Candy back to some more clean air to breath.
>>
No. 971546 ID: dce46f

We need time to regroup and catch our breath; we're in a hell of a state right now. I think its best if we beeline for safety. To the church we go!
>>
No. 971551 ID: b1b4f3

Yeah head to the church, this group is in no state to fight.
>>
No. 971562 ID: 430c79

GO TO THE HOLY LANDS FOR HELP!!!! Wait... that will take some time... Go to church and get some people to help heal "us" and your friends.
>>
No. 971840 ID: 15a025
File 159432100022.png - (4.18KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
971840

>we're in a hell of a state right now. I think it's best if we beeline for safety. To the church we go!
>Yeah head to the church, this group is in no state to fight.
>Go to church and get some people to help heal "us" and your friends.
Roxie: "Do you think you could bring us by the church?"

Gambeson: "I can take you there, just don't expect me to stay for the late night service. Just not my thing. But yeah, I think I can manage to get you there."

Pierce: "I'm not sure if it's a good idea if I go there either. I've got that cursed stone on me still and all."

I instinctively look over to him with a dirty look.

Roxie: "Yes, it is a good idea. It's a safe place to get rid of that thing. You probably won't get money for it, but that also means other people aren't getting hurt by it."

Great, I'm starting to sound like Relina now. He lets out a whiney sigh in response.

Pierce: "I guess. Why's doing the right thing gotta suck."
>>
No. 971841 ID: 15a025
File 159432102908.png - (6.10KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
971841

Our trip out of the sewers is pretty un-eventful, and Gambeson has us climb out across the street from the church.

Gambeson: "Alright, while you go to church, I'm heading for the bars."
Pierce: "Classy."

Gambeson leaves us as we head over to see Blitz is waiting outside. He gives us all a worried look as we approach him

Blitz: "Please tell me you brought back cultist jars!"
>>
No. 971848 ID: b1b4f3

I mean I assume so, we killed a few cultists and someone must've brought jars. Also deliver the cursed stone.
I do know the leader's ashes weren't collected, so we can tell the church to go grab them, along with any other ashes still left down there. Pierce can act as a guide, for some payment.

Roxie go get treated for smoke inhalation.
>>
No. 971873 ID: e7c7d3

Not to put too fine of a point on it, but everyone here almost died. That kind of took priority over everything else.
>>
No. 972885 ID: 15a025
File 159529807287.png - (4.78KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
972885

>I mean I assume so, we killed a few cultists and someone must've brought jars.
Roxie: "I'd assume so? Relina probably brought them."

Blitz: "She didn't, and the Lantern Watcher is about to fire Lumein from the church because of it!"

>Not to put too fine of a point on it, but everyone here almost died. That kind of took priority over everything else.
Roxie: "That kind of sucks, but we also almost died down there tonight. The first thing you really want to ask is if we filled some stupid jars?!"
Ow! I groan in pain as my throat burns from that. I probably shouldn't try raising my voice like that.

Blitz: "Sorry, it's just pretty stressful in there right now. And without Lumein around-"

Roxie: "Blitz, can we talk about this after getting some medical attention? We're all burnt, it hurts to talk, and Candy's been coughing non-stop for awhile."

Blitz: "Sorry. Let's head inside and see what we've got for first aid."
>>
No. 972886 ID: 15a025
File 159529809544.png - (6.52KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
972886

Blitz takes us inside the church where we're approached by a tall figure.

Tall Cat: "I see the rest of you have returned. What news do you have to bring?"

Blitz: "They need first aid!"

Lumein: "You'll have to go fetch the first aid-kit then Blitz. You know where it's at."

Blitz: "I'll be back with something to treat your burns then."

Lumein: "Don't forget to call off the search and rescue team for them!"
>>
No. 972889 ID: 15a025
File 159529824169.png - (6.04KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
972889

Blitz heads off while we stand here and play twenty questions with this guy.
Tall Cat: "As I was asking, what did your group accomplish in the sewers tonight."

I give him a short recap of how we took out a few of the cult and their boss. Pierce also hands over his cursed stone to the guy to get it purified later.
Tall Cat: "And did you collect any of their ashes as proof?"

Roxie: "No, I didn't have anything to collect them in. I kinda forget that was even an important thing to do till now."

Tall Cat: "Is that so."

He turns towards Lumein.
Tall Cat: "I warned you, Lantern Lumein. When I saw Chimera sightings and cultist activity have gone up since this church was established. Another failure and I would extinguish your flame and relieve you of your duties. Now you have shown me you can't even properly prepare and teach our fellow members of the church. Not only of that, instead of taking tonight's matters on your own. You send this lot of hoodlums in your stead? If I leave someone as pathetic as you run around in charge, you'll only continue to sully our good name! You're are a disgrace to the church! As your watcher, I hereby strip you of your title. Pack your things and be gone by tomorrow night."

Lumein: "But! This is my home I moved out here to help. I have nowhere else to turn!"

Tall Cat: "Well now you'll have time to seek shelter elsewhere. Your housing situation is not of my concern anymore."

Lumein's on the ground now practically sobbing at this point. What crawled up this cat and died? I'd love to interrupt here, but I feel like I'd speak without really thinking here. What do you spirits think I should say?
>>
No. 972899 ID: b1b4f3

>>972889
Ask the cat why he's kicking Lumein out instead of demoting her, and why the church isn't acting on its community outreach role by giving her a place to stay until she can find somewhere else to go.
Why are jars so important? Are there really that many churches inflating their cultist kill numbers? Why doesn't he just go confirm your kills himself, since he's here in person and can do so easily.
>>
No. 972901 ID: a9af05

>>972889
If a church cares more about confirming kills then it's not a church, it's a military base. People that work in the church shouldn't need to confirm kills because we're not soldiers in the military.

Also he can't fire her, the church is already short handed and reducing the number of people here just makes it harder for us if anymore cultists show up. He should just reduce her rank so that we're not running low on people available to help.
>>
No. 972902 ID: f3f534

>>972889
Well if it's that big of a deal, then why don't you do it yourself?!
>>
No. 972911 ID: ef15e2

Threads dead :(
>>
No. 972915 ID: 7649c5

What do you mean "failure"! We just dispersed a cult while severely under-supplied and out numbered. We didn't have jars but I fail to see how that is so critical, the evidence of our success is down there. Its not like we have any reason to lie about this. Furthermore we have a whole other team down there as we speak that needs help and we need medical attention yet you're standing here quibbling over Lumein's competency rather than actually doing anything even remotely helpful. Go either help us with first aid or help the other team instead of standing here posturing uselessly, sir.
>>
No. 972920 ID: 36784c

>>972915
Actually, I think Relina's team is already back here at the church.

But other than that, yeah, I agree. He needs to stop uselessly standing around and start helping out!
>>
No. 973438 ID: 15a025
File 159597614343.png - (4.80KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
973438

>Why are jars so important? Are there really that many churches inflating their cultist kill numbers?
>If a church cares more about confirming kills then it's not a church, it's a military base. People that work in the church shouldn't need to confirm kills because we're not soldiers in the military.
Roxie: "Is this a church or a military base? What's so important about these jars and confirmed kills that you'd kick a fellow member out on the streets over?"

Tall Cat: "It is not about 'confirmed kills' or some numbers game. It's about getting funds. In case you've forgotten, the king has set a bounty on all cultists and chimeras. We send them securely sealed remains, they send us more funding. In these times of diminishing belief, it's become our main funding source."

I feel like Relina might have mentioned something like that before. The whole thing seems kinda odd to me still.

>Ask the cat why he's kicking Lumein out instead of demoting her, and why the church isn't acting on its community outreach role by giving her a place to stay until she can find somewhere else to go.
>Also he can't fire her, the church is already short handed
Roxie: "Instead of firing her, why don't you just demote and let her stay here. This place is short handed enough as it is. One less member is one less person to kill chimeras. Not to mention kicking someone out like that isn't going to reflect well on our community outreach."
He pauses and makes a show of thinking for moment.

Tall Cat: "You make a compelling argument. Public perception of the church is rather unfavorable right now. If word got out we're kicking our own to the streets, it could soil our name. The bird may stay for now, under a stipulation. She is no longer allowed on jobs involving chimeras or the cult."

Lumein slowly stops crying and wipes some tears away.
>What do you mean "failure"! We just dispersed a cult while severely under-supplied and outnumbered.
Roxie: "And as for our job, it's disgusting that you'd say our job was a failure over a small mess up. We stuck our lives on the line tonight and took out a large amount cultists and one of their bosses-"

Tall Cat: "With almost nothing to show for it."
He lets out a annoyed sigh.

Tall Cat: "At least you brought back an enchantment stone."

What an ass. Honestly I wish we didn't find that thing just to spite him now.
>>
No. 973439 ID: 15a025
File 159597618469.png - (6.53KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
973439

Blitz comes back with a first aid kit and breaks out some ointment. He goes over to Pierce and starts rubbing it all over him.

>Go either help us with first aid or help the other team instead of standing here posturing uselessly, sir.
>He needs to stop uselessly standing around and start helping out!
Roxie: "You going to keep standing there all stuffy looking now or are you going to help with first aid."

Tall Cat: "I'd keep that tongue of yours in check, dog. Perhaps if the bird wants to show she isn't completely incompetent, she'll help. I have other matters to fix now."
>>
No. 973440 ID: 15a025
File 159597621169.png - (5.85KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
973440

Good riddance I guess. Not sure how much of him I could stand. Lumein flies over to Pierce and starts flapping ointment on him while Blitz slathers my face with it too.

>I think Relina's team is already back here at the church.
Roxie: "Hey Blitz, where's Relina?"

Blitz: "She came back here with some officers to report what was going on and then went to the hospital."

Roxie: "Hospital? What happened?"

Blitz: "Hurt her leg, she slipped off the ladder trying to climb out of the sewer. Thankfully we get free insurance through our position in the church."
>>
No. 973442 ID: b1b4f3

So uh, how about a few people in good shape go back to the sewer and collect ashes? Since it's super important and all, and it's not like the ashes are going anywhere.
You can write a detailed enough report for them to find your kills, and Relina can do the same.
>>
No. 973478 ID: e7c7d3

You've done all you need for now, Roxie. Start tending to yourself. At least try to get a hot beverage to calm yourself and sooth the pain until you can get better treatment
>>
No. 974240 ID: 2b7d20

>>973478

This sounds like a good plan
>>
No. 974940 ID: 15a025
File 159823191479.png - (5.78KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
974940

Roxie: "Free insurance? Do I get that as well?"

Blitz: "Yeah, you're a member of the church now."

That sounds almost too good to be true.
>So uh, how about a few people in good shape go back to the sewer and collect ashes? Since it's super important and all, and it's not like the ashes are going anywhere.
Roxie: "Back to the ashes thing. Couldn't somebody just go back down there and collect them?"

Blitz: "If they're even still down there."

Pierce: "I'd scoop them up in a jar for some cash."

Blitz: "The money goes to the church, not the person who turns them in."

Roxie: "I can hook you up with some candy from Sugar Cane's line if you do it."

Blitz: "Now we're talking. Can't say no to free dr-drinks. Soda's included in that offer right?"

Roxie: "Of course."

Blitz: "I guess once we're done with first aid you can bring me down there then."

>Start tending to yourself. At least try to get a hot beverage to calm yourself and sooth the pain until you can get better treatment

Once Blitz is done slathering ointment over my face I have him get us all some hot tea to sip on and relax.
>>
No. 974941 ID: 15a025
File 159823193908.png - (4.30KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
974941

Perspective has changed to Candy.

Can't say I care for this tea too much, but it feels really good on my throat. I let out a little cough while I thank Blitz for the drink. Blitz tries to say something when a soft ringing interrupts him.

Blitz: "I'll get it!"

He rushes off to presumably answer a phone call. Then a few moments later he shouts out for me.
Blitz: "Candy! It's for you!"
>>
No. 974942 ID: 15a025
File 159823197517.png - (4.91KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
974942

I walk down a short hall and over to a small closeted room.
Blitz: "It's the police."

I take the phone from him and answer.

Candy: "Hello? This is Candy speaking."

Officer Nibbles: "About time I get a hold of you! Why aren't you answering your phone!?"

Oh crap, I left it in my sweater back in the sewers.

Candy: "It's uh... probably melted by now. Took my sweater off in a fire and kind of forgot to take it with."

Officer Nibbles: "I wonder if insurance will cover that? Just have to try and get you a replacement! Anyway, glad to hear your safe! We got more to discuss in person though. Things on our end are...we'll talk it over later. Can you meet us at the cafe over by the mall?"
>>
No. 974948 ID: e7c7d3

Yes! Even if it's not for social reasons, enjoying some drinks at the cafe sounds like just the thing that the soul needs.
>>
No. 975045 ID: d2da5a

Wouldn't miss it for the world officer!
>>
No. 975812 ID: 15a025
File 159944876678.png - (4.93KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
975812

>Yes! Even if it's not for social reasons, enjoying some drinks at the cafe sounds like just the thing that the soul needs.
>Wouldn't miss it for the world
Candy: "Sure, I'm over at the church-"

Officer Nibbles: "Obviously. Otherwise I wouldn't be talking to you right now, would I?"

Candy: "Oh, right. Can you pick me up?"

Officer Nibbles: "Can't. Me and Freeze are off duty right now."

Candy: "Off duty? Aren't you supposed to be the head police chief or something?"

Nibbles: "We'll talk it over some snacks and drinks. If you can manage to get a ride here."

Candy: "Right. I'll hopefully see you soon then."


I hang up the phone and then start dialing up the bar.
Marsh: "Sorry, we're closed and don't do deliveries at this time."

Candy: "Wait! It's Candy!"

Marsh: "Oh, it's about time you called. I've been waiting here taking inventory for like, hours."

Candy: "How long have I been out?"

Marsh: "Well it's eight at night. Good chunk of time past curfew. You ready to head home and call it night?"

Candy: "Actually I was wondering if I could get a ride over to the cafe at the mall?"

Marsh: "Candy, it's eight. The mall closed two hours ago."
>>
No. 975813 ID: b1b4f3

>>975812
Uh, that's weird, why did Nibbles ask to meet you there then?
...is she kidnapped? I think this warrants a call to the police department asking them where Nibbles is. Either that, or you go to the mall in a group that should be able to handle whatever ambush is waiting.
Another possibility is that the cultists took over the police department. If they had no light magic then they'd be defenseless against an assault...

To cover all our bases we can drive over near the police department and see if anything suspicious is going on. Binoculars would come in handy here.
>>
No. 975824 ID: 36784c

>>975812
Nibbles said she wanted to meet at the cafe by the mall, not the one that’s in the mall. Maybe there’s different cafe that’s open right now since the one in the mall is closed?

>>975813
That’s a possibility.

Then again, she might want to meet us there because she believes it’ll be safer than meeting at the police station. And if that’s the case, then if meeting at the police station is considered “not safe”, we might be dealing with a corrupt police force and Nibbles and Freeze are the only good cops we can trust!
>>
No. 975827 ID: a9af05

>>975812
>"Off duty? Aren't you supposed to be the head police chief or something?"
You think just because she's in charge, she's not allowed to go home and take a break? She doesn't work 24/7.

>>975813
Nibbles was with Relina the entire time, so nothing could've happened to her in the sewers. And I'm assuming Nibbles and Freeze were the ones that gave Relina a ride over to the hospital, so nothing could've happened there, since even with an injured leg, Relina could still use her magic.

I think they might just be waiting in the parking lot for us.

But you're right, this is really suspicious.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason