[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 164089252535.png - (241.58KB , 1000x1100 , a0.png )
1018817 No. 1018817 ID: eedbeb

Previous Thread: https://questden.org/kusaba/questarch/res/1010951.html
Wiki: https://questden.org/wiki/Stare_At_Explosions

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/tippler

Finally, someone can kill Rancid.
Expand all images
>>
No. 1018818 ID: eedbeb
File 164089254139.png - (234.61KB , 1000x1100 , a1.png )
1018818

Your name is Lori Turner and you still remember the look on Jadis’ mum’s face when you exploded her daughter into little bits. It’s been almost a year since then and you’re not having a great time.

The higher ups have sent you and the blokes out on a local trip, something intentionally easy on your end. You’re in some poor bastard’s flat, sitting on his bed counting your tails while he and Rancid have a chat.

Max is somewhere around too, but you’re more concerned with your tails. You separate them into bunches of four, then two, then four again to make sure there are still eight.

Do you:
-Count your tails again, you can never be sure
-Find Max
-Find Rancid
>>
No. 1018819 ID: 3328c7

Find Max, let's talk about our problems.
>>
No. 1018820 ID: 127cd7

Count tails.
>>
No. 1018821 ID: a65cae

Count tails, possibly donate to fox spirits less fortunate than yourself.
>>
No. 1018826 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1018817
Just keep counting.
This will all be over soon.
>>
No. 1018827 ID: 96a9a8

Max
>>
No. 1018830 ID: 7def1e

Count again, better count the fur strands too to make sure.
>>
No. 1018883 ID: eedbeb
File 164092484459.png - (145.67KB , 1000x1100 , a2.png )
1018883

>Count
You have to keep counting. Ever since this monster business started you’ve been growing a new tail an average of once every two months, bringing more power and strange vicious instincts. You don’t know what will happen once you grow your ninth, which is why you have to be prepared.

And to prepare you have to count.

Max has mentioned the growing shadows under your eyes as you miss sleep from the anxiety. Even Rancid is treating you gently, which is just a bloody riot.
>>
No. 1018885 ID: eedbeb
File 164092493604.png - (125.45KB , 1000x1100 , a3.png )
1018885

Two fours, four twos, one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one. When you look at people you want to tear their faces off. Your boss told you your performance is slipping but you need this job so you don’t have to go home so you tell Max and Rancid everything’s fine and drift after them, shooting when you’re told to shoot.

This flat is on the outskirts of Providence, which makes you nervous. The poor bugger Rancid is talking to has mob connections and is the best the GIA can do for intel at the moment.

Great, now you’ve circled back around to Jadis.
>>
No. 1018886 ID: e51896

That does it, you need a vacation. Tell yourself you'll go find Max and tell him about possible vacation plans... after you count your tails 20 more times.
>>
No. 1018889 ID: 3ed3c3

You desperately need to get away from all this. It's doing your mental health no favors.
As for Jadis, what were you supposed to do? She had done absolutely unforgivable things, and a sudden change of heart - a good deed out of a lifetime of monstrosity - didn't undo all the pain she caused. It's hard to look at the people who were close to her and not feel bad but think of her victims and the people those victims were close to.
>>
No. 1018892 ID: 3328c7

What about amputating some of your tails?

Oh, and keep Rancid from going overboard with his shit.
>>
No. 1018893 ID: 96a9a8

>>1018885
Maybe you can help Rancid by threatening to tear the guy's face off.
>>
No. 1018948 ID: eedbeb
File 164098783074.png - (239.62KB , 1000x1100 , a4.png )
1018948

Your mental health is shite, that’s for sure. Maybe you could take some time off and try to be normal for a few weeks until the tail comes in and you can move on. You know Max is eager to get a chance to visit his secret missus and two kids, you’ll have to ask next time you see him.

>Amputate tails?
Well, you’ve never technically tried that but self-harm is a bit extreme.

>Rancid
In the meantime, you’re going to check on Rancid to make sure he hasn’t gone overboard. Not that Rancid has ever accidentally killed someone in your time knowing him but whatever.
>>
No. 1018949 ID: eedbeb
File 164098784997.png - (253.01KB , 1000x1100 , a5.png )
1018949

Rancid is standing on the coffee table, talking in low tones with the tall ox seated on the sofa. The ox has his sturdy hands clenched in his lap, betraying his nervous.

Do you:
-Kill Rancid
-Kill the ox
-Kill both of them
-Take a deep breath and announce yourself
>>
No. 1018951 ID: c92a02

Kill both of them, no witnesses.
>>
No. 1018952 ID: 8483cf

-Kill Rancid! Killll
>>
No. 1018953 ID: 076735

Kill self before you become a threat to those you care about.
>>
No. 1018957 ID: e9c46e

Wow you'll never succumb to unfathomable bloodlust when you reach nine tails if you do it right now. Announce yourself and then imagine killing Rancid, as a treat.
>>
No. 1018959 ID: 1fe87a

>>1018949
Do not kill.
>>
No. 1018960 ID: 076735

Kill Rancid, kill whoever they hire to replace Rancid, and continue to do so until they run out of competent torturers and torture's cost falls below its efficiency.
>>
No. 1018961 ID: 9a2966

Breathing is good. Steady breathing. Slow breathing. Hello.

You are Lori Turner.

(And you are not going insane from guilt and unwelcome new sensations cause by soul absorption overload.)

How's things looking?

>New tail every two months
How long since the last?

>What to do
You should probably relieve stress somehow. What are your new instincts? Any tolerable ones that can be leaned into to scratch that itch for now?

Maybe like... through pranking someone? Offer to make tea. Pour salt in Rancid's tea. Or whatever else it is he drinks.
>>
No. 1018968 ID: ce39da

Calmly announce yourself. Stomp any fantasies you might be forming; you're on the clock. Find a way to relieve stress after work hours.
>>
No. 1018970 ID: 629f2e

Kill Rancid.
>>
No. 1018971 ID: 0838d6

Kill rancid, final offer, not deleting and changing my post again.

SHOW ME THE CONSEQUENCES, I DARE YOU.
>>
No. 1019022 ID: eedbeb
File 164100746842.png - (212.39KB , 1000x1100 , a6.png )
1019022

You’re torn between a horrible urge to kill and the struggle to be sane and normal. You don’t know why the tails make you feel this bloodlust and a small squeak escapes from your mouth.

Rancid turns at the sound. “Lori, I’m sorry for the delay, we’re almost done here.”

Such a loathsome git. He’s never been anything but polite to you.

>Kill Rancid
Some switch flips in your mind to pure rage. It must show in your eyes because Rancid dives for the exit.

Your concussion blast catches him square across the midsection and blasts him to gory bits. Fluids splatter, steaming, against the walls and the ox screams with terror.
>>
No. 1019023 ID: eedbeb
File 164100747309.png - (224.95KB , 1000x1100 , a7.png )
1019023

Oh God.
>>
No. 1019024 ID: eedbeb
File 164100748912.png - (358.55KB , 1000x1100 , a8.png )
1019024

You stare at the ruined room in shock. The smell of burnt flesh reaches your nose and there’s something wet on your face.

“Lady. Hey, lady.”

The ox is talking to you, some kind of rambling thanks for taking care of Rancid. Max has come into the room and is holding his hands up trying to get your attention.

You’re going to be sacked and probably booted from the country. You’re going to have to return to the NUK.

-Talk to Max
-Talk to the ox
-Run
>>
No. 1019025 ID: 8483cf

Talk to Max!
>>
No. 1019027 ID: c92a02

Talk to Max.
Let's get one thing straight: He walked into the middle of the street and got run over by a street sweeper. Capische?
>>
No. 1019028 ID: 96c896

Talk to Max. Tell him you need help. You can't control yourself anymore.
>>
No. 1019030 ID: ed439d

Theres no kill max option?
Aw well, talk to max, threaten max, tell him hes next.
>>
No. 1019031 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1019024
Talk to Max.
"I am not okay. I've been growing new tails and it's been messing with my head, making me angrier and angrier, and I don't know why and it's scaring the shite out of me, and I hated that bastard so much it hurt just to be around him, but he's dead and I killed him and I wanted to, and I don't know if that makes me a bad person or if I was a bad person already and I keep thinking about Jadis and how I killed her and how I thought I had to and the look on her mum's face and how she looked at me and now you're looking at me and you're scared of me and I just I can't I can't I can't I--"
>>
No. 1019035 ID: e51896

Consider you might actually take Rancid's place.

Talk to Max. Tell him you're not feeling well, you need help, and uncontrollably threaten him before apologizing (but do not kill him)
>>
No. 1019095 ID: eedbeb
File 164106787725.png - (195.83KB , 1000x1100 , a9.png )
1019095

>Talk to Max
You stagger towards Max, who flinches, but lets you collapse against him.

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry, I need help, I can’t do this.” You can feel the warm flesh under Max’s sweater, but killing Rancid seems to have eased your bloodlust and you don’t feel the urge to hurt the dog. “I’m due for my ninth tail and I’ve been getting these horrible feelings and when I saw him I—.”

“It’s okay, you’re okay, it’s done now.” Max reassures you. There’s a tremble in his voice and his eyes are watery. “I know you didn’t mean to, even if you disliked him.”
>>
No. 1019096 ID: eedbeb
File 164106788316.png - (211.42KB , 1000x1100 , a10.png )
1019096

“What will I do?” you sob. “When the GIA finds out I’ll be screwed.”

“We don’t have to tell them it was you.” Max promises. “They’re going to assign us a replacement though and we need to make sure you’re feeling okay.”

Max gives the ox a hard stare. “If we leave you alone, will you keep this secret?”

“Oh, er, yes. I wanted to offer to help the lady if she needed asylum. My associates with the mob are very good at hiding people.” the ox says.
>>
No. 1019097 ID: 9a2966

>Asylum with the mob
That's such a terrible idea that you almost feel like accepting.
>>
No. 1019098 ID: 96c896

This is a good opportunity to repay them for killing Jadis. On the other hand would they actually let you? This is a good opportunity for them to exact revenge, too. You better tell him about that complication and find out if he still thinks it'll work.

It would certainly be less stressful than working for the GIA. Maybe Max could defect too...
>>
No. 1019100 ID: ce10a3

talk to Max, tell them about your tails and fleeting grip on sanity
>>
No. 1019101 ID: e51896

whisper to ask max to put tracking spell on the ox just in case.
>>
No. 1019102 ID: fc40da

No tracking spells! Take the ox's offer! This is the perfect opportunity to take down the GIA with Jadis' father!
>>
No. 1019104 ID: c92a02

Maybe you should go with the ox. Think of it like a change of assignment.
>>
No. 1019156 ID: 15a025

Be careful and try to center your feelings first. Jumping head first into another situation without talking it over could be rash and dangerous.

What do you know about the mob here, or what does Max know?
>>
No. 1019163 ID: eedbeb
File 164109608233.png - (179.02KB , 1000x1100 , a11.png )
1019163

The ox’s offer is so bonkers you’re almost tempted to take it. Before you can respond though, Max interjects.

“That would never work, Lori is wanted for killing the don’s daughter.”

“Oh my God, how could you?” the ox says, horrified.

“It was Jadis, not the other one.” Max clarifies.

“That’s okay then.” the ox revises. “As long as you don’t go near the family, people won’t know or care. You could even get a job as an enforcer in Providence! There’s a big need for strong monsters what with all the insanity the city attracts.”
>>
No. 1019164 ID: eedbeb
File 164109609708.png - (197.95KB , 1000x1100 , a12.png )
1019164

“Would you come with me?” you ask Max quietly.

He looks taken aback. “I can’t defect, Lori, I’m sorry. I have to think of my family.”

What does Lori do?
-Stay with the GIA
-Go to Providence as a civilian
-Go to Providence as a mob enforcer
>>
No. 1019165 ID: 96c896

Enforcer. You calmed down from killing someone, that implies your bloodlust can be sated. Getting a job where you kill bad people on the regular is a way to avoid killing good people!
>>
No. 1019166 ID: 15a025

Does the mob even know we grew more tails? That could work in our favor as a disguise if they don't. Let's go as a mob enforcer. Maybe blasting up some jerks can give us some wiggle room and time to figure out how to control our bloodlust urges, or even what triggers them.
>>
No. 1019167 ID: c92a02

Providence enforcement force!
>>
No. 1019234 ID: ce39da

Have the mob option in your back pocket just in case, but if we can lie about what happened, at least for now, we should do so.

Meanwhile... maybe you should stop counting your tails. The bloodlust may be tied in part to your stress levels. Also, if getting your ninth tail is as momentous as you say it is, then trust me when I say: when the time comes, you'll know.
>>
No. 1019237 ID: 3328c7

Staying with the GIA sounds like it will 5% less bloody, so that one.
>>
No. 1019238 ID: e51896

Stay
>>
No. 1019331 ID: 53560f

Stay with the GIA. Defecting to the mob would just trade your current problems for more of the same with added paranoia and leaving altogether without a plan isn’t much better.
Take some time off, consider your options for quitting legitimately in case things don’t get better.
>>
No. 1019333 ID: eedbeb
File 164124307389.png - (307.67KB , 1000x1100 , a13.png )
1019333

>Stay with GIA
You don’t feel comfortable throwing away your career without a plan, you’re rattled from killing Rancid but running from your problems won’t help.

“What’s our cover story?” you ask Max, who looks visibly relieved.

“Since we can’t recover the body, we can say he was kidnapped and killed, or that Bruce here called for backup and they ambushed us.” Max says.

Bruce looks scared again. “Don’t get me involved. I’m keeping your secret, remember?”
>>
No. 1019334 ID: eedbeb
File 164124308909.png - (128.03KB , 1000x1100 , a14.png )
1019334

“You should hide with you mob pals until this blows over, Rancid’s replacement will probably want to check things out.” Max advises.

Bruce covertly hands you his card and you follow Max to the street below where the car is parked.

What is your final cover story? Keep in mind the GIA will want to see the supposed scene of the crime.
>>
No. 1019335 ID: afe7de

Apologize to max, blow up a wall, and claim he was assasinated and the detonation of the wall was you attempting to fight back. Only rancid was killed, he was hated a lot anyway
>>
No. 1019336 ID: 96c896

There's no way this is going to work...

Ok, how about, you were attacked by a group of masked men(I guess animal masks), you blew one of them up but they managed to capture Rancid. Go through the story with Max, get the general details straight so they can't just interrogate you separately to expose the lie. Like, decide how they were armed, what kind of masks they were wearing, what color clothes they had on, and the general sequence of events. Make sure you have an excuse for not pursuing them. I can't think of one, lol.
Also make sure none of Rancid's remains are identifiable.
>>
No. 1019337 ID: 96c896

Oh great, there's no evidence of weapons being used here. You'd have to get some guns and shoot at the walls or something. Better to say you were attacked by magic or monster abilities, as those are less likely to leave traces.
>>
No. 1019343 ID: c92a02

Rancid collapsed under the weight of his own hubris. The splatter zone is about the right size.
>>
No. 1019354 ID: 53560f

Some guy snuck into the room while Max and Lori were waiting in another room for Rancid to finish doing his thing.
All you and Max heard was the blast and a scream.
Upon questioning the Witness (that’s the ox), we learned that some guy appeared in a room, blasted Max with a power or spell and vanished. They wore baggy clothes, a hoodie and mask to hide their identity and species.
Max went back to the GIA and LORI informed him that this seemed like an excellent opportunity for her to take time off with her stress reaching an all time high recently and this being a tipping point.

If only we could have made this look like an accident rather than a murder, but kinda hard with what we have.
>>
No. 1019399 ID: eedbeb
File 164127031294.png - (242.81KB , 1000x1100 , a15.png )
1019399

On the drive back to the office, you and Max hash out the finer details of the lie. You were in the bedroom and Max was taking a break on the loo when the ox called magical reinforcements who destroyed Rancid, which is very sad, and all the suspects made a quick escape before Max could get a good look at them.

Bad luck really. Truly unfortunate.

Max recounts the story to Rupert the receptionist, with the appropriate haggard expression.

“That’s alarming, what kind of abilities do you think they were using?” Rupert asks.
>>
No. 1019400 ID: eedbeb
File 164127033616.png - (131.38KB , 1000x1100 , a16.png )
1019400

“Er, well they were so fast it might have been a vampire using time shenanigans.” Max improvises.

“Do you suppose this is because of your failure with Derek from your previous mission?”

“I—Well—I guess anything’s possible.” Max says lamely.

Rupert immediately begins typing away at his computer. “I’ll notify leadership immediately. We need to get your team a new member and back in the field as quickly as possible.”
>>
No. 1019403 ID: 3439d7

Quietly Remark to Max how you hope it isn't a mummy. Mummy curses are weird.
>>
No. 1019418 ID: 96c896

Object to the time shenanigans theory. You would not have seen a trace of them if it was a vampire. It's more likely a different monster's ability that lets them move quickly. Like a bandersnatch or something.
For that matter, tell them you and Max are just assuming Bruce called for reinforcements. You don't have any evidence that he did. Come to think of it, could this be someone taking revenge on Rancid for something he did in the past? There are certainly enough people that hate him.

Also you want a vacation. You're seriously shaken up by what happened.
>>
No. 1019425 ID: 53560f

Quickly mention that you need time off, stress and the new tail coming soon is interfering with your ability to work at 100%. You don’t want to make mistakes that cost teammates lives like what happened today, even if your only mistake today was being in another room and not paying attention.
>>
No. 1019461 ID: eedbeb
File 164131430436.png - (254.03KB , 1000x1100 , a17.png )
1019461

“Hold on, I doubt it was a vampire. Rancid has a ton of enemies, most of whom are way more violent than Derek. Some other monster we don’t know about could have done it.” you object.

“A different monster that can totally escaped detection.” Rupert notes.

“I saw them on the way out.” Max improvises. “They were all masked and wearing dark clothes so I couldn’t identify them.”

“They were all wearing masks.” Rupert repeats. The peacock gives a small ‘hm’ and goes back to typing.
>>
No. 1019462 ID: eedbeb
File 164131431025.png - (169.67KB , 1000x1100 , a18.png )
1019462

You can tell Rupert thinks you’re being dodgy, but you open your mouth anyway.

“I need a vacation, Rupert, I’m really shaken by this and with my new tail coming soon I’m not working at my best. I don’t want to make more mistakes that cost people their lives.”

“I’ll make a note of that. I have you scheduled for a meeting in an hour, do what you’d like before then.” he replies.

What should you do?
-Visit Rancid’s office
-Get food from the cafeteria
-Stay and talk to Rupert
>>
No. 1019463 ID: c7e7b6

Break under pressure and say you did it. You're having trouble keeping things under control with your ninth tail coming in. They might help.
>>
No. 1019464 ID: ce39da

Visit Rancid's office. You brought it up, so it makes sense that you would be the most curious about what particular enemies he might have made.
>>
No. 1019469 ID: 96c896

Office.
>>
No. 1019470 ID: 8a51ec

>>1019463
Do this but say it really fast and under your breath before leaving for Rancid's office.
>>
No. 1019516 ID: 53560f

Thank Rupert and get something to eat, maybe a snack will take your mind of things for a little while.
>>
No. 1019539 ID: af2f11

>>1019463
Seconding, cuz why tf not
>>
No. 1019541 ID: eedbeb
File 164134935312.png - (240.12KB , 1000x1100 , a19.png )
1019541

>Rancid’s office
The pressure of the situation is making your anxiety come back. You feel like you’re going to blab if you stay here any longer, so you hurry down the hall to Rancid’s office for some privacy.

The little room is almost completely barren, besides the ornamental insect Rancid picked up at an exotic bathhouse. There are no pictures of friends or family, no personal touches to show some sign of life. You open the drawers to reveal various weapons and the occasional paper file.

You slump into his chair, which is much too small.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” you mutter into your paws. “I didn’t mean to kill you.”
>>
No. 1019542 ID: eedbeb
File 164134936274.png - (146.27KB , 1000x1100 , a20.png )
1019542

“Girl, what?”

You look up. A dolphin agent you don’t recognize is slouched against the door frame.

“Did you just say you killed him?” she asks.
>>
No. 1019543 ID: 8a51ec

Surprised yelp, concussion blast.
>>
No. 1019544 ID: ea4991

>>1019542
Yeah. Inattentiveness or inability to stop what got him, what you lacked sure killed him, since it’s something you should have been able to handle in a better state, but... no, you couldn’t and you didn’t. It’s this whole tails thing, you know. Just adds stress on top of stress and it’s a bit much right now. Fuck, you need a vacation bad. Or a medically induced coma, you’d take either, to be honest.

...you didn’t even like the guy that much, but here you are, practically weeping over him. Guess you were close enough. Did they know him?
>>
No. 1019549 ID: 51bb26

we're just making ourselves look more suspicious and unhinged. visiting rancid's office is a bad idea, it would imply guilt or bad intentions/damage control. our superiors and the investigators assigned to this are going to consider us one of the top suspects -- they know neither of you were fans of rancid, they're probably aware of your increasingly unstable mental state (which you've just affirmed verbally) and the changes your body is going through as a monster, and of course their world-class forensics can almost certainly identify the particular "profile" of his death, given that you've used your power to turn people into exploded bloody gibs for your superiors in the past in presumably much the same manner. can we even trust max, really? he probably thinks you're going off the deep end too, on some level, and he has his wife and kids to think about. does he really want to trust and stick his neck out for this psycho bitch that just disintegrated their coworker, even if that coworker was a sadist bastard?

>keep talking to rupert.
it might be for the best to change tack and ask to speak to your boss immediately, and give them an adjusted version of the truth. claim to them that you did kill rancid, but that it was an accident caused by an overload or temporary lapse in control over your power. that the extra tails you've been growing and all the soul juice you've been taking in has been making your abilities harder to handle, more unstable. ask them to amputate your tails to try and get things back under control. it would be a kind of self-harm, pretty extreme, yes. but the circumstances have gotten extreme enough that it might just be necessary. you're a valuable asset, a good agent with a lot of firepower in a time where the agency desperately needs its assets. surely, they would help you?

on the other hand, if you don't think you can trust your superiors (they did sanction someone like rancid to pull some very rancid shit, not to mention being the authorities responsible for just about every horrible thing the GIA did during the Recycler affair), then you need to get away as quickly as possible. go back for asylum with the mob, and get on their docket. who else can protect a fucked-up monster like you?
>>
No. 1019550 ID: 51bb26

oh haha. okay nevermind yeah sure just go ahead and admit it you guilt-ridden wreck.
>>
No. 1019552 ID: ea4991

>>1019544
To be clearer: play it off as survivor’s guilt.
>>
No. 1019553 ID: 51bb26

well, go ahead and give her "the truth", that you did kill him but it was an accident. it's not too late to find your boss and do damage control to get out of this without becoming a fugitive or just another terminated asset.
>>
No. 1019588 ID: 96c896

That's his replacement. Do not under any circumstances admit to directly killing Rancid. Tell them you feel like you did. You should've been able to protect him but you were just... counting your tails.
>>
No. 1019589 ID: af2f11

>>1019543
Seconding
>>
No. 1019612 ID: 50af53

Hold back the urge to blast them immediately and just admit that your current condition pushed you to finally lose it on rancid and that this is continually getting harder to manage.
>>
No. 1019613 ID: 094652

Just say you developed this growing urge to kill Rancid, and by the time you realized you were under some kind of compulsion he went splooey.

After all, į̷̞̍t̵͕̲̩̤͚͔͕̯̦̞͉͉̬͊̀̈́̇͘̚͜͝͠͝ͅ'̴̨̛̼̜̯̞̖͔̮̺̩̼̬̰̖͑͋̈́̃̐͗͗̒̂̔̄̈͗̕͜ͅs̵͎̻̋́́̓͒̕̚͝ ̴̢̢̡̡̛͔̠̙̰̣̱̣̤̟̆͛͛̎͐͒͠͝͝t̸͙͇͉̊̿̐̒̒͒̆͂̏̆͐͒͂̔́̔͘r̶͉͈͇͓͔̺̩̔̒̀͠ų̸̨̖̪̺̰̘̭̤͗͒͝ͅͅe̷͙̼̱̙̝̞̺̼̦̅̉̄͆͘͜͜.̴̝̜̯̐͋̃͊͝
>>
No. 1019616 ID: ce39da

No murder, no confession. You got this.

"I may as well have. I should have been paying better attention while Max was in the bathroom..."

Remember, the reason you're here is: "I was just looking through Rancid's things. Someone decided to kill just him, and... I don't know, maybe I'll find a lead or something on who would want to do that." Make sure you're actually looking, too; do any of those papers stand out to you? You might find a convenient patsy, or perhaps a possible ally if this ruse does end up falling apart.
>>
No. 1019633 ID: e51896

>>1019613
this

Honestly, if we keep this secret, our condition will get worse and we might hurt more people.
>>
No. 1019641 ID: eedbeb
File 164140331628.png - (75.54KB , 500x500 , a21.png )
1019641

>Rancid’s replacement?
Wait a second, you think you’ve seen this bird talking to Rancid before in the cafeteria. What if she’s his apprentice or something? That makes your incoming confession extremely awkward.

>Confession
You resist the urge to blast and motion for her to close the door.

“I wasn’t in my right mind, it was an accident, I’ve been having a really hard time dealing with my kitsune powers and the urge to kill was too strong.” you explain. “I told Rupert that someone else killed Rancid but I don’t know how long we can maintain the lie.”
>>
No. 1019643 ID: eedbeb
File 164140345232.png - (77.15KB , 500x500 , a22.png )
1019643

The dolphin cocks her head to the side and considers you thoughtfully. “I’m Flipper. I’ve been trying to get fieldwork for ages and now I think I’m going to be assigned to your team.”

“Oh, so I did you a favor.”

“Yes, and now I also have the supreme blackmail material.” Flipper grins. “I think as long as you don’t accidentally kill me I should have a good thing going.”

You’ve gained an ally! Flipper will help with any tasks associated with covering up your involvement in Rancid’s death, but she’s also got your balls in a tight grip and can extort you at any moment.
>>
No. 1019646 ID: ce39da

Not a bad development, all things considered; remember, if she tries to get you to do something you really can't cotton, you can just wait for the right moment for another murder and disappear for real this time. (Two dead partner cover-ups make for a worrying trend, after all.)
>>
No. 1019648 ID: 8a51ec

Allllrighty then, if she WANTS to decorate Rancid's office with her insides she's making an excellent case for it. But killing her right now would be the last nail in the coffin, so save that inevitability for later.

...Ask for a hug.
>>
No. 1019656 ID: cc6f60

Oh, that was unexpected. Guess we can't get help with getting our tail problem under control. But ask if she has some way to help you deal with your bloodlust moving forward if she isnt going to arrest you and get you treatment.

Also, ask if she has any monster powers. Might be best to understand her powers so we can better work together.
>>
No. 1019658 ID: 53560f

“Well gee, don’t let my breakdown get in the way of your ambition.”

This is actually fine, if we can get evidence later to prove that she was hiding this on our behalf then we can make her go down with us should she ever attempt to use said blackmail.
>>
No. 1019666 ID: 96c896

I think you're going to have to keep an eye on her, get a feel for her character. If she's worse than Rancid then what you should do is kill her at a good opportunity then flee for the mob.
Honestly you're already fucking this up so much I wouldn't count on keeping your cover for long. As soon as you're at risk of exposure you should jump ship.
>>
No. 1019718 ID: eedbeb
File 164144435967.png - (64.82KB , 500x500 , a23.png )
1019718

This is a surprisingly okay development. If you end up offing Flipper you’ll have to leave the GIA for sure, so hopefully it doesn’t come to that.

“Deal. Can you tell me a little more about yourself? Are you a monster?”

“No, I’m a witch.” Flipper clarifies. “Rancid was my senpai and I’m like, a total psycho. Top of my class.”

“Er—“

“I do nerve stimulation spells for torture, so it’s a lot less messy.” Flipper sits on the desk.
>>
No. 1019719 ID: eedbeb
File 164144436907.png - (59.37KB , 500x500 , a24.png )
1019719

You have a slight headache from lack of sleep and Flipper’s chirpy tone.

“So can you do medical magic?”

“Just the basics, I’m more about the interface of soul and the nervous system though.”

You don’t have much time before the meeting with management, do you:
-Ask Flipper to look at your tails
-Ask Flipper more about herself
-Other
>>
No. 1019726 ID: 96c896

>soul and the nervous system
Well, tails have spines, that's a pretty strong connection to the nervous system. Maybe she can see something?
>>
No. 1019729 ID: e51896

Her checking tails is a must.
>>
No. 1019733 ID: 8483cf

Check tails, receive dubious medical advice
>>
No. 1019737 ID: 50af53

So rancid has been replaced by someone you will likely hate an equal amount but for different reasons. How wonderful.
>>
No. 1019760 ID: b75ed1

>>1019737 Yep! Rancid gave us fair warning they would replace him with a less professional version of himself last quest.

Let's ask Flipper about herself (and why such a stereotypical name, girl?)
>>
No. 1019763 ID: eedbeb
File 164149271975.png - (48.79KB , 500x500 , a25.png )
1019763

“Can you take a look at my tails?” you ask.

“Sure, sis, bring out that beautiful behind.” Flipper trills. She has some kind of Middle Canica accent, probably from one of the Texas cities. You can’t believe you already miss Rancid.

You flip up your long coat and lean against the desk awkwardly. A glance over your shoulder reveals Flipper’s periscope like witch eyes.
>>
No. 1019764 ID: eedbeb
File 164149272656.png - (105.80KB , 500x500 , a26.png )
1019764

“Gosh, I’m getting blinded by your aura.” Flipper inches closer and grabs a handful of your fur to move the tails out of the way of your pelvis. “Hm, yeah I can see another one coming in, right in the middle.”

“Could you remove them, do you think?”

“Maybe, it’d probably be super painful, those suckers go right into your spine.” Flipper shrugs. “The tails make you super strong so if it were me I’d keep ‘em.”

You hear a tap on the door and turn to see Max, who’s blushing and has his eyes averted.

“Sorry to interrupt, it’s time for the meeting, Lori.” he says.
>>
No. 1019765 ID: 4b1e19

Call max a pervert and slap him.
Consider surgery on tail(s) later.
Meeting time.
>>
No. 1019769 ID: 8a51ec

Somehow a worse outcome than if she suddenly started fingering you. If your tails are attached to your spine, then removing any comes with the risk of paralysis. Anyways, meeting.
>>
No. 1019776 ID: 96c896

>>1019764
Well I guess you have nine already. You won't get any worse. From here on it's just management.

Flipper doesn't seem that bad actually. Though, the main objection to Rancid was he had no regrets whatsoever about his work, felt it was necessary etc. Ask Flipper if she feels the same way, while on the way to the meeting.
>>
No. 1019816 ID: eedbeb
File 164153080633.png - (76.62KB , 500x500 , a27.png )
1019816

The ninth tail is on the way, but hasn’t manifested yet, so you still have time to get it removed without too much damage. You store that thought away for later and follow Max to one of conference rooms off the main lobby.

Flipper doesn’t seem too bad, but you need to see her in action before you’re sure. If she’s a self-proclaimed psycho there’s probably a few missing marbles in that fleshy head.

The head of field ops, Lulu, is a large and imposing hippopotamus wearing a neat blouse. You heard she snapped an animal cleanly in half once, albeit an insect that had convenient segmentation.

A grotty little human baby is nestled in your boss’s thick arms. You knew she was pregnant but you didn’t know—you wouldn’t expect her to keep one of those things if she had the resources to get checked beforehand.
>>
No. 1019817 ID: eedbeb
File 164153082353.png - (67.51KB , 500x500 , a28.png )
1019817

Lulu coos to the fragile bundle and greets both of you with a tight smile.

“Shame to hear about Rancid. 20 years of loyal service from that one.” she sighs. “So I read the report that an unknown mob entity killed him, under both of your noses.”

Max gulps. “That’s right ma’am. It was a terrible lapse of judgement.”

“I expect better of you, Max. The least you can do is a proper investigation and determine if the culprit needs to be eliminated. Show Flipper the ropes but keep her safe.”

That last part seemed to be directed at you.
>>
No. 1019818 ID: e51896

Just smile nervously and nod. Ask about a possible vacay, and your concerns with your tails and bloodlust.
>>
No. 1019822 ID: 094652

>You wouldn’t expect her to keep one of those things if she had the resources to get checked beforehand.
Because deep down, she doesn't care if her baby is a 'freak'. She's giddy at the prospect of teaching her beloved natural sociopath how to be a ruthless government agent.

>What do
Stare at the baby until you're dismissed from the meeting.
>>
No. 1019823 ID: b75ed1

Salute profesionally and ask for your next assigment.

Ooooor...

Break down and cry.
Whichever the other suggestors like.
>>
No. 1019824 ID: 96c896

A human baby is better than no baby at all.

Tell her you'll try your best.
>>
No. 1019829 ID: 2e2ea8

"Yes ma'am" is the appropriate and professional response.
>>
No. 1019844 ID: eedbeb
File 164158188216.png - (69.20KB , 500x500 , a29.png )
1019844

“Yes ma’am, we won’t make the same mistake again.” you say, unable to keep your eyes off the freaky baby.

Lulu notices your stare and adjusts her hold pointedly. “Remember that there’s nothing wrong with our new human kin, and that maintaining the population is essential for continued economic prosperity.”

“Of course, I’m sorry.” You chew your lip. “We’ll return to the scene of the crime shortly. After this assignment, is it alright if I take some time off?”

Lulu considers you. “Are your growing powers still giving you trouble?”
>>
No. 1019845 ID: eedbeb
File 164158188805.png - (59.50KB , 500x500 , a30.png )
1019845

“I—it’s just with Rancid kicking the bucket I’d like some time to process everything.”

Lulu nods. “That’s reasonable. Find the culprit and I’ll delegate the follow up to another team.

You clarify a few more points with the hippo and then the meeting concludes. Your stomach growls and you wish you’d stopped by at the cafeteria for a snack.

It isn’t cold enough for snow yet but a chilly, miserable rain has started. Flipper ambushes you in the lobby wearing a waterproof windbreaker and you head for the parking lot.

“Flipper’s in on this.” you tell Max once you’re securely in the car.

What’s your first step?
-Call Bruce to get a possible mob culprit
-Visit the apartment to collect ‘evidence’
-Pick one of the Body crew to blame
>>
No. 1019846 ID: ce39da

Visit the apartment just so you'll have somewhere to be, and call up Bruce about an expendable mob patsy. You personally wouldn't even consider the Body crew as viable suspects; they're nice people who are just trying to help in their own way.
>>
No. 1019849 ID: 96c896

Visit apartment, get some food there. Also call Bruce to find a fall guy.
>>
No. 1019926 ID: eedbeb
File 164165856476.png - (65.53KB , 500x500 , a31.png )
1019926

It’s a little tempting to take Rupert’s idea and blame poor Derek or one of the other bloody busted blokes Body has in her entourage, but that would be a dick move. They’re all nice people who don’t deserve more GIA interference.

That leaves Bruce and the mob, which will keep your story consistent at least.

“Let’s go to Bruce’s place first and see if we can clean up a little.” you suggest.

“Oooh! The crime scene.” Flipper pats her hip and produces an empty jar. “I can collect samples.”

Max drives the car back to the posh apartment building and you’re pleasantly surprised to find the door to the flat unlocked.
>>
No. 1019927 ID: eedbeb
File 164165859577.png - (72.86KB , 500x500 , a32.png )
1019927

It still smells like blood and burnt flesh and you avert your eyes from the shreds of fur scattered around the living room. Flipper, on the other hand, starts scooping whatever she can scrape off the wood flooring into her jar.

You take some food from the kitchen and search Bruce’s office for a possible lead. There isn’t much there, the ox was careful to cover his tracks before he left, so you fish Bruce’s card out of your pocket to make a call.

“Hello? May I ask who’s calling?”

“It’s Lori, from earlier. Can I ask a favor?”

“Of course! Is there a problem? GIA catch on to, you know..?”

You walk back into the living room so Max can hear the conversation.

“No, but I need a fall guy. Someone else, preferably from the mob who I can blame.”
>>
No. 1019928 ID: eedbeb
File 164165861750.png - (90.01KB , 500x500 , a33.png )
1019928

You hear the ox huff. “You’re asking me to throw my own men into the GIA’s line of fire. No can do, unless you make it extremely worth my while.”

You tug on your whiskers with irritation. “What would that entail?”

“Hm, a 100k bones or a couple jobs I need done in the city would be enough.” You can imagine Bruce stroking his chin in thought. “The offer’s still open to work for us, you know.”
>>
No. 1019930 ID: ce39da

"Look, it doesn't have to be one of your guys, okay? I'm asking you to put out feelers, here. Anyone other than the GIA or Body's group that'd make sense would do. Someone mob-affiliated who's been acting in poor faith with you and yours or- or who's in your way personally, with means, opportunity, and personal motive against Rancid - that would just be the 'magical Christmas-land' candidate, but you don't have to go that far."

"... If you do find a fall-guy that perfect, however, I would certainly remember this forever."
>>
No. 1019943 ID: 96c896

>>1019928
Tell him you are tempted to take his offer to jump ship but the situation might still be salvageable. Plus you want to keep an eye on Rancid's replacement, see how bad she is. Tell him about Flipper, does he know of her?
Also, he doesn't need to throw his own men under the bus- what about some rogue element? Or rival gang?

You will do him a favor if he helps you, so long as it's something the GIA won't think is suspicious.
>>
No. 1019962 ID: eedbeb
File 164168688238.png - (76.10KB , 500x500 , a34.png )
1019962

>A third option?
“What about someone not from the mob? Some bloke you know of who hates Rancid, I’m sure there are tons of people who have a grunge against him after being tortured.”

“Right, the issue there is your average animal isn’t capable of instantly killing a competent government officer. It won’t be very convincing if you choose some random schmuck.” Bruce argues.

That’s true, Rupert and Lulu already think someone powerful is behind Rancid’s death. It’s extremely likely you’ll be caught if you pursue that path.
>>
No. 1019976 ID: 15a025

Well, that's (rightfully) a lot of bones. I guess let's hear what kind of jobs he needs help with first.
>>
No. 1020005 ID: 53560f

Hmm, maybe put flipper on. Rupert seemed uncomfortable when Rancid was talking to him, maybe his protege will have a similar effect.
>>
No. 1020010 ID: d467f5

What if we find someone from the move to take the fall ourselves.

We could even blame the mosquito vampire woman!
>>
No. 1020054 ID: 96c896

Blaming it on mosquito bitch sounds like a good plan. Tangentally related to the mob, has beef with Rancid, and is so strong the GIA won't be able to do much.
>>
No. 1020105 ID: eedbeb
File 164178097871.png - (70.57KB , 500x500 , a35.png )
1020105

You hand the phone off to Flipper to give her some practice being intimidating then pace the clean side of the living room deep in thought.
There’s another vampire you could blame for the murder: that bonnie mosquito Theda who’s been working with the mob. You’d like some way to pin it on her and not Derek which means an absolutely bonkers idea.

You want to go to Providence to find her and get a false confession or something. Bruce can still help you by giving you her location, and if no one recognizes you or Max it should be fine.
>>
No. 1020106 ID: eedbeb
File 164178099020.png - (62.49KB , 500x500 , a36.png )
1020106

You tune back into the conversation to hear Flipper describing her love life in lurid detail.

“He hung up.” the dolphin says in surprise when you motion for her to give your cell back.

“Would you be alright going to the city?” you ask Max quietly.

The dog shakes his head furiously. “I’m not suicidal.”

“Alright. Flipper, would you like to go to Providence? If the mob recognizes me there we’ll be attacked on sight.”

“Sounds cool!”
>>
No. 1020123 ID: 96c896

Okay bring her with you, we can easily get her killed and jump ship.
Can't Bruce just... ask the mob not to murder you? And to ask the mosquito vamp to take credit for the murder? She can claim it was retaliation for the GIA sending Derek to her.
>>
No. 1020741 ID: eedbeb
File 164262652503.png - (114.23KB , 500x900 , a37.png )
1020741

Flipper’s enthusiasm is a little off-putting. You can take care of yourself but a young witch in the big city will get thumped before she can cast a spell to defend herself.

On the other hand, you’re a wanted animal but Flipper hasn’t done anything to earn the mob’s ire. Maybe if you disguise yourself and ask Bruce where the mob is patrolling around town, you’ll be able to squeak by. You don’t think Bruce has enough influence to contact Theda himself or keep the rabble off your back.

Suggest items for your disguise, and feel free to do a paper doll as well.
>>
No. 1020744 ID: e51896

Groucho Marx glasses with a cigar. The perfect disguise

(Added to whatever other clothing other suggestors come up with)
>>
No. 1020745 ID: 96c896

This is a bad idea. We're heading into the city with no protection and no plan, to find someone who can kill us instantly, to ask her for help when she has no reason to help us much less talk.

It will probably result in Flipper being murdered instantly and Theda pressuring Lori into joining the mob.

But ok let's do it. Wear something to hide those tails. Maybe you can distribute them along your body so you just look like you're fat? Sweater and sweat pants, maybe.
>>
No. 1020746 ID: 0ee72b

Time for ilussion/metamorphosis magic!
Turn into a shrimp or find someone who can do it.
>>
No. 1020748 ID: afe7de

Make yourself look like a kind of chubby shrimp with magic! and underneath it wear like street clothes and a beanie, something kind of slovenly
>>
No. 1020811 ID: eedbeb
File 164269864248.png - (73.64KB , 500x500 , a38.png )
1020811

You get a brilliant idea. “Max, can you do illusion magic? What if you made me look like a little shrimp bloke, I can say I’m Flipper’s friend.”

The dog strokes his chin and considers your tall form. “Well…that could work but it would wipe me out for the day. I can tie the spell to your magic so you can power it, and you’d have to be really careful moving around. Your real body would still be there, just invisible. Someone could bump into you and blow your cover, and if you use your powers it’d probably destabilize it as well.”

“I’ll be careful.” you reassure him.
Max brings you over to the couch, sitting down in case he faints after the spell. You feel the touch of his soul on your own, and freely give him energy to work with.
>>
No. 1020812 ID: eedbeb
File 164269865156.png - (86.33KB , 500x500 , a39.png )
1020812

Slowly, your hands lose their color and become transparent, the effect traveling over the rest of your body. A squat orange shape blooms to life around your legs, mirroring your movements like a strange puppet. It’s odd, and you keep looking down to check on it.

The whole process takes an hour, with Max finally collapsing on the cushions. Flipper comes into the room from the kitchen, eating a sandwich and stares at your hips.

“Well hello! You’re a cute thing.”

You open your mouth to speak and a croaky Sorth Canican accent comes from the avatar.

“Flipper, it’s still me.”

“I know, silly, but we need to get in character.”
>>
No. 1020813 ID: eedbeb
File 164269865853.png - (68.74KB , 500x500 , a40.png )
1020813

You practice moving around the flat and study the layout of the city with Flipper. Through a mix of tracking spells, drone footage, and social media, the GIA knows the rough locations of Body, Saul, and Kibble at all times. Important areas like the magic college, the hidden room (where you killed Jadis), and the Lewis estate are also known.

Where should you go first? Also, what is your alibi’s name and cover story?
>>
No. 1020814 ID: e51896

Hmm, beacause of beanie, maybe call yourself Irah? (Optionally get a bowtie)

Or go with the name Cory
>>
No. 1020815 ID: 0838d6

>>1020814
You know what name is good for a little shrimp that seems harmless but is actually a rediculously strong being.

Irah.
>>
No. 1020816 ID: 8a51ec

You are Aries Lintz. You work at a laundromat, doing basic maintenance on the machines.
>>
No. 1020817 ID: 0838d6

Also maybe just go to body and be like "rancid's dead and now we have a new rancid oh god why does this keep happening"
>>
No. 1020819 ID: e51896

If it's an option, We can go to the Deez, spark and listen to rumors to better prepare ourselves, and maybe learn where our vamp might be.

Working at laundromat is a good coverstory
>>
No. 1020825 ID: 0ee72b

Your name Is Shrimpina and let's go find Body because she is the one who is friends with everyone else.
>>
No. 1020834 ID: c92a02

Kipper, you're an exchange student studying journalism. Your favorite food is poutine and chips.
>>
No. 1020855 ID: eedbeb
File 164277700608.png - (73.66KB , 500x500 , a41.png )
1020855

>Body
You reason the friendly moggy is your best bet for a starting point. Body knows everyone in town and probably won’t instantly turn you in if she finds out who you really are.

The GIA map app on your phone shows a red pin marking Body’s location at some dingy pub called Deez. It isn’t even open, which is both good and bad, you don’t think you have an ID to show at the door but now you can’t just walk in.
>>
No. 1020856 ID: eedbeb
File 164277701674.png - (104.60KB , 500x500 , a42.png )
1020856

Max gives Flipper the keys to the car and you leave the old dog on the sofa so he can take a much needed nap.

>Ares
While Flipper drives, you decide your name is Ares Lintz, and you work at a laundromat fixing up the machines. You and your sister are visiting Providence as tourists, since the city has such a rich recent history.

Flipper seems a bit disappointed that she’s your ‘sister’, but spends the rest of the trip asking you about Ares’ likes and dislikes until you arrive at your location.
>>
No. 1020857 ID: eedbeb
File 164277702209.png - (45.05KB , 500x500 , a43.png )
1020857

Flipper parks the car across the street in the lot of a pawn shop. An eyeball slithers out of its socket to inspect the dingy black painted cube of a building with a pair of bollocks on its front.

“I see three people, two look normal and one has a weird soul.”

“That’s Body.”

“Do I get to torture her?” Flipper asks hopefully.

“No! Don’t be daft—er, crazy. She’s a nice lady.”

“Doesn’t matter if she’s nice or not when we have a job to do.” Flipper argues.

“No.” you say firmly. “We don’t want to piss off anyone else, this is a stealth mission.”

Flipper shrugs, but looks hurt.

How do you get to Body?
-Knock on the front door
-Go around the back
-Wait for Body to leave and intercept her
>>
No. 1020862 ID: e51896

Lets wait for Body to leave. That way we can get to know more about Flipper and bond with her while we wait. Topics like why she joined the GIA, her interests, past life, why she had interest for Rancid, and then maybe explain to her that the GIA has been getting a lot of bad publicity lately due to our actions in the past, and if we are going to try to make amends with the public and build trust with them again, we shouldn't be giving the GIA more bad publicity by torturing nice people like Body.
>>
No. 1020863 ID: 6609cd

Supporting poltergeist's proposal.
She also annoys with her love life stuff, because cheap drama is always fun.
>>
No. 1020959 ID: eedbeb
File 164286985116.png - (55.36KB , 500x500 , a44.png )
1020959

>Wait for Body to leave
You don’t want to trap yourself in that dingy place or deal with two unknowns, so you tell Flipper to wait in the car with you.

The young dolphin slumps against her seat. “We just sit here? They could be in there for hours!”

You sigh. “Stakeouts are usually boring. We can get to know each other better in the meantime.”

“Okay.” Flipper grumbles. “Tell me about yourself. You’re from the NUK, right? I’ve heard that place is a mess.”
You shudder. “It’s a hellhole, sirens always going off all the times, half your life spent in a bunker, and when you actually get outside the weather sucks.”
>>
No. 1020960 ID: eedbeb
File 164286986028.png - (72.02KB , 500x500 , a45.png )
1020960

Memories of your former life swim in your head and you dig your claws into your cheek to drive them away. “What about you? How did you get involved with the GIA?”

“Oh, it seemed like a cool job. There was a corrupt oil company in my town that didn’t pay their workers like my Pops their fair share of bones. The GIA sent Rancid in and solved the problem overnight!”

“With torture.” you say. “That’s kind of why we’re having a PR disaster.”

Flipper scoffs. “Yeah, but the torture helps way more people than it hurts!”

“Even when that’s true, it still makes us look bad. People remember the ugly stuff a lot longer than they remember the good.”

“People are stupid then.”

You sigh. “Out of the two of us, I’m the one with a double digit body count so I’m just sharing my perspective.”
>>
No. 1020961 ID: eedbeb
File 164286987049.png - (72.67KB , 500x500 , a46.png )
1020961

After several minutes of awkward silence, Flipper turns on the radio and you spend the next hour and a half listening to the local news and pop tunes.

Your invisible stomach rumbles and you think wistfully of a warm cuppa with a biscuit. The gloomy sky darkens until a portly shape emerges from the back of the building and walks towards a beaten up white car.

Flipper scrambles out of your vehicle and runs across the street before you can get your seatbelt undone.

“Sis!” you yell. “Wait up!”

Body stops to look around for the source of the noise, and, seeing Flipper, waves in confusion. You hurry to catch up.

“Hello ma’am.” you squeak. “We’re two siblings here to see the sights of Providence, which includes you. Can I get an autograph?”

Body flushes a shade of puce through her short fur. “Me? Wow, no one’s ever said that before. Sure, let me get a piece of paper for you.”
>>
No. 1020962 ID: eedbeb
File 164286987881.png - (74.39KB , 500x500 , a47.png )
1020962

Body scribbles out her name for each of you and tries to hand your knees the scrap of paper. You hold your breath but luckily Flipper intercepts.

“We’re trying to see the famous vampire Theda too.” Flipper explains. “Would you happen to know her whereabouts?”

“Oh! Er, no, sorry. I have some friends, um, Saul and Derek, who have her contact info but it’s a big city and she moves really fast when she wants to.”
>>
No. 1020966 ID: e51896

"Oh wow, I... don't think the great famous Saul would want to listen to the two of us... um, unless... I heard he's a ladies man, maybe he'll find my sis hot enough to help us out? But I couldn't ask for something so unreasonable... maybe just introduce us to Derek to help us if Saul is out of the question please.
>>
No. 1020981 ID: e51896

>>1020966
(to clarify, Saul is my main choice, mainly because he was pretty chill about Derek potentially killing her if he went down that route. he might be pretty chill with us setting her up as the prime suspect, or at least finding her)
>>
No. 1021006 ID: 96c896

>>1020962
Contact info is fine thanks!
Derek is probably the safer choice to meet, Saul would like instantly tell you're wearing a disguise (or at least you'd think that, because you don't know he's depowered)
>>
No. 1021019 ID: 6609cd

Fellow suggestors, remember that the narrator said Lori is disguised as a shrimp bloke, not a girl.

Let's get Body to introduce to Saul.
>>
No. 1021021 ID: 15a025

Hey, contact info works just fine. Hook us up!
>>
No. 1021030 ID: eedbeb
File 164291354512.png - (41.94KB , 500x500 , a48.png )
1021030

>Saul
“Contact info is fine, thanks for pointing us in the right direction.” you tell Body. You’re secretly relieved, that you can find out where Theda is without having to face Derek again. The fish must hate you after you took him from his home and used him against his own kind without giving him a bone. It’s true the GIA kidnapped Saul’s favorite animal that one time but they returned Evelyn unharmed so there’s no hard feelings, right?

Body smiles warmly and drives away. Flipper tucks the autographs away in her pocket space while you ponder your next move.

When do you go to Saul?
-Now (Saul will be at a party and you’ll be tired)
-Tomorrow morning (Saul will be at his apartment)

What is your approach method?
-Seduction (Flipper is willing to act as bait to get Saul on his own)
-Honesty (Reveal your identity and explain why you want to find Theda)
>>
No. 1021034 ID: e51896

Now, and let Flipper seduce him. Gotta get him when he is in a good mood. He'd probably be too hungover tomorrow morning
>>
No. 1021037 ID: 96c896

>>1021030
Honesty. Saul is the kinda guy who would congratulate you on offing Rancid.
>>
No. 1021056 ID: 6609cd

Mneh....Can Saul still read minds?

Eh, probably not.
Let's go now to seduce him.

Making a dolphin girl and a humanaboo elope. Might as well.
>>
No. 1021072 ID: eedbeb
File 164295494588.png - (78.98KB , 500x500 , a49.png )
1021072

>Saul powers?
After a year with no evidence that Saul has any stupendous god abilities, the GIA downgraded him to Kibble’s threat level. Since he failed to notice Max was casting a spell on Jadis all that time ago, you’re fairly sure he won’t be able to see through your disguise.

>Seduce now!
You check your map app and spot Saul’s pin in a neighborhood on the other side of town. Someone’s house, you’re pretty sure. While Flipper drives, you snack on a few granola bars and try squeeze in a power nap, but it does little to help your large sleep deficit.
>>
No. 1021073 ID: eedbeb
File 164295495767.png - (66.86KB , 500x500 , a50.png )
1021073

Flipper is ecstatic that she gets to act the femme fatale and produces a black cocktail dress from her pocket space. You avert your eyes as she changes and follow her out of the car to the large, expensive looking house.

The guests seem to be a mix of twenty and thirty somethings in various stages of dress. Nobody stops you at the door and Flipper immediately dives into the throng while you try to identify any threats.
>>
No. 1021074 ID: eedbeb
File 164295496630.png - (83.43KB , 500x500 , a51.png )
1021074

It’s fairly crowded, and you find a corner to stand so that no one accidentally bumps into your hidden body.

There’s another animal pressed against the wall, bevvy in hand and small frown on her face. She’s a cat, which rings warning bells in your head, and you’re sure you’ve seen her before.

What should you do? Flipper needs you on standby so you can’t leave the premises.
-Text Bruce to ask about mob activity
-Talk to the cat
-Hide somewhere on the property
>>
No. 1021075 ID: e51896

Reading texts will just make you sleepier.
Talking to cat who dated Jadis will cause anxiety.

So just hide out for now.
>>
No. 1021077 ID: 6609cd

Talking to the other patrons would be good id....

......

......

Who am I kidding? Let's talk to Margot, it's been so long.
>>
No. 1021108 ID: 96c896

>>1021074
Go sit in the bathroom.
>>
No. 1021182 ID: eedbeb
File 164304030088.png - (84.86KB , 500x500 , a52.png )
1021182

>Hide
You feel a brief, insane urge to talk to the cat before coming to your senses and slipping away to the basement, where you find a bathroom that shouldn’t be too popular to hunker down.

You fiddle with your phone while you wait, flinching whenever someone knocks on the door. Maybe a bathroom wasn’t the best idea, you could have found a big closet to stand in instead. You’re just so tired you’re not thinking straight, and you pray no one gets suspicious.

Flipper doesn’t text you for the next hour and the stained walls start to feel claustrophobic. You feel for your tails instinctively and stroke your thumb through the coarse fur.
>>
No. 1021183 ID: eedbeb
File 164304030825.png - (54.29KB , 500x500 , a53.png )
1021183

Someone raps their knuckles on the wood door.

“Occupied.” you say dully.

“You’ve been in there for ages, man! What are you doing?”

“Parties make me nervous, I’m here with a friend and I don’t want to make her leave yet.” you supply.
There’s a pause. “What’s your name again? I don’t think I recognize your voice.”

“I’m Ares.” You have a bad feeling about this.

“Yeah, I’ve never met you. This is a private party, I’m giving you five seconds to open this door before I unlock it.”
>>
No. 1021185 ID: e51896

Quick, put a whole bunch of toilet paper in the toilet, and flush it causing a clog, use that as your reason for being there so long, as well as being nervous. Then open the door and apologize. Tell them your new here while your friend is a friend of Saul (hope she flirted with him to start a friendship)

or perhaps text Flipper real quick and tell her help is needed at the bathroom door.
>>
No. 1021186 ID: ce39da

>>1021185
Yeah, just do the latter. Why you're in the bathroom already checks out; it's your presence at the party as a whole that's in question here. If Flipper's built up enough rapport by now, she'll cover for you, and if she hasn't, well, let's cross that bridge when we get to it.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason