[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 617145)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 142007999498.jpg - (193.16KB , 1024x768 , D1 - Press Start Not Required.jpg )
617145 No. 617145 ID: 72c7be

Expand all images
>>
No. 617148 ID: dd4ed3

Options. Always check options first, just in case the default has the text speed set to maximum slow or something.
>>
No. 617150 ID: 72c7be
File 142008159891.jpg - (212.29KB , 1024x768 , D2 - Always Check the Options.jpg )
617150

Help Menu
Color: When color is on the game will run slower. Certain items will be colored regardless.
Unlocks: This options turns on and off the ability to unlock new classes, specializations, and backgrounds.
Random Heroes: This option allows you to have your heroes fully randomized creating more of a challenge. Turning it off incurs no penalty.
Lingering Bad End: With this option on ‘Broken’ characters can continue to wander around the dungeon until they are killed or die of starvation.
>>
No. 617152 ID: 9ddf68

turn on unlocks and we're good

also lets hit extras before starting a new game just to see if there's anything worth getting before we start.
>>
No. 617154 ID: dd4ed3

Turn on unlocks, and bone files lingering bad ends. Roguelikes are more interesting with those.

We don't really know what fully random entails, and we haven't messed with the standard characters yet, so that can wait.

Check extras, it's likely empty.
>>
No. 617166 ID: 72c7be
File 142008381373.jpg - (201.84KB , 1024x768 , D3 - Error.jpg )
617166

>Turn on unlocks; and lingering bad ends
Unlocks turned on.
Lingering Bad Ends remains on.

>lets hit extras
Error: You have not unlocked any extras.

Continuing to new game.

View Prologue while loading?
>>
No. 617170 ID: 9ddf68

>View Prologue while loading?
sure why not.
>>
No. 617171 ID: dd4ed3

>View Prologue while loading?
Yes.
>>
No. 617178 ID: 72c7be
File 142008715796.jpg - (106.28KB , 1024x768 , D4 - Echidna.jpg )
617178

It is written in the oldest tomes of mortals that in the times when the world was young, there existed a god named Echidna. She was the first born of the Elder Gods and felt entitled to claim as much of her parents’ world as they would let her have. The Elder Gods were bereft of greed and care not for her claim. She bore an army of monstrous progeny for this purpose, earning her the title Mother of Monsters.

The Elder Gods had other children though. They had long left the world of mortals, heeding their parents’ advice that it was headed for a terrible fate. But the gods too had children, mortals who could not simply leave the land of their birth.

Inevitably the monsters threatened the mortals, caring little for their claims. Both were the descendants of the elder gods, but the monsters were working in service of Echidna and the mortals were merely working for themselves. The mortals were without a power to guide them and so they cried out to the heavens.
>>
No. 617179 ID: 72c7be
File 142008717544.jpg - (119.91KB , 1024x768 , D5 - Chaos.jpg )
617179

They begged Chaos, the Elder God of Oblivion to save them.
>>
No. 617180 ID: 72c7be
File 142008719043.jpg - (131.69KB , 1024x768 , D6 - Gnosis.jpg )
617180

They begged to Gnosis, the Elder God of Knowledge to save them.
>>
No. 617181 ID: 72c7be
File 142008720874.jpg - (117.96KB , 1024x768 , D7 - Aeon.jpg )
617181

They begged Aeon, the Elder God of Life to save them.
>>
No. 617182 ID: 72c7be
File 142008722580.jpg - (119.75KB , 1024x768 , D8 - Telos.jpg )
617182

They begged Telos, the Elder God of Fate to save them.
>>
No. 617184 ID: 72c7be
File 142008746833.jpg - (110.92KB , 1024x768 , D9 - Tower.jpg )
617184

The heavens were silent, and so the young mortals took up arms against the monsters.
The bloody conflict was not a battle, nor a war, but an age. An age of bloodshed between the monstrous hordes of Echidna and the will of the mortals.

The Elder Gods looked down and they saw that their descendants were now spilling each other’s blood.

They were so disgusted that they moved for the first time since the dawn of creation into action. They gave the mortals what they wanted, sealing Echidna and her monsters in a great tower that they plunged deep into the earth, but they demanded a terrible price from the mortals.

Once each year the mortals would send an adult from each of their tribes to the tower as a sacrifice to Echidna. If their sacrifices proved insufficient the tower would overflow and the monsters and soon Echidna herself would be free. But, if the mortals truly wished the monsters gone their sacrifices would have to prove themselves the better of Echidna.

And so each year the four mortal tribes. Humans, Gargoyles, Deepfolk and Lizardfolk send a champion to the tower. Many have lost faith and so the champions are often culled from the problematic and unwanted members of society, but occasionally even this yield a hero…

But will it be enough?
>>
No. 617196 ID: 9ddf68

>But will it be enough?
yes... wait no, uh what was the questions again?
...
...
Well guess we'll just have to wing it.
>>
No. 617205 ID: 82c018

>But will it be enough?
Answer cloudy, ask again later.
>>
No. 617208 ID: 72c7be
File 142009265704.jpg - (68.15KB , 354x296 , D10 - Random Generation.jpg )
617208

Human Hero (Protagonist)
Name: Albertina
Gender: Intersex
Sexuality: Bisexual

Class: Rogue
Specialization: Alchemist
Background: Merchant
Stats: Strength 2, Skill 1, Mind 2, Charm 3
Traits: Trap Sense, Trap Survivor, Deadly Attack, Alchemy, Good at Bartering

Gargoyle Hero
Name: Alfons
Gender: Man
Sexuality: Bisexual

Class: Rogue
Specialization: Assassin
Background: Priest
Stats: Strength 1, Skill 1, Mind 3, Charm 3
Traits: Trap Sense, Trap Survivor, Deadly Attack, Cloak and Dagger, Faithful

Lizardfolk Hero
Name: Magdalena
Gender: Agender
Sexuality: Asexual

Class: Mage
Specialization: Deciever
Background: Priest
Stats: Strength 0, Skill 0, Mind 4, Charm 4
Traits: Magically Attuned, Deciever Spells, Faithful

Deepfolk Hero
Name: Luise
Gender: Woman (Trans)
Sexuality: Asexual

Class: Empath
Specialization: Scoundrel
Background: Priest
Stats: Strength 1 , Skill 1, Mind 3, Charm 3
Traits: Alchemy, Telepathy, Matyr, Trap Survivor, Faithful
Help Menu
Name, Gender, and Sexuality mechanically affect only whether certain checks are lies for the purpose of characters with bonuses to lying.

Proceed with these heroes?
>>
No. 617210 ID: 9ddf68

>>617207
uh, sure
>>
No. 617213 ID: dd4ed3

Huh. So there's really only one pairing possible with that party, assuming they're cool with cross-racial stuff.

Not that they're gonna live long enough for it to matter.

Proceed!

>gods were so disgusted
Yeah, how dare those creatures you left to fend for themselves try to fight back against the invading force instructed to kill them and claim their territory!
>>
No. 617215 ID: 82c018

Proceed.

I take it a 0 in a stat just means really bad at it rather than being incapable of things related to it, right?
>>
No. 617217 ID: 330ce5

Re-roll for human.
Everything else looks good to go.
>>
No. 617378 ID: 72c7be
File 142017169183.jpg - (222.97KB , 700x700 , D11 - The First Party.jpg )
617378

>I take it a 0 in a stat just means really bad at it rather than being incapable of things related to it, right?
0 in a primary stat results in a very low roll that can overcome few threats, but it does not mean associated abilities are impossible.

>Re-roll for human.
Error: Individual rerolls have not be unlocked.

>Proceed
Bio Unlocked: Albertina of Skygate
Albertina was the youngest child of three siblings. Living in a merchant family is not the best life, you’re just as likely to get sent to the tower as a criminal or serf, but merchant families have enough wealth to put food on the table regularly. Albertina was selected and bonded with The Tome of Gnosis on the Day of Sacrifice, enjoyed the Day of Feasting and cried on Day of Anticipation. After that they were guided to the dungeon and entered the first room.
>>
No. 617379 ID: 72c7be
File 142017170828.jpg - (61.65KB , 1008x720 , D12 - Map Menu Floor 1.jpg )
617379

Help Menu
The Tome of Gnosis: Each mortal culture has a sacred text detailing the dangers of the Dungeon. These texts require a bond be formed in order to reveal their secrets and are specialized to the culture.
Bios: Once a character joins your party you unlock their associated Bio page.
Character Page: You can view the character page at any time to check the status of the heroes.
Map Menu: You can view the map menu page at any time to check that status of the dungeon.
>>
No. 617381 ID: 72c7be
File 142017172726.jpg - (48.67KB , 360x648 , D13 - Room 1.jpg )
617381

>gods were so disgusted
>Yeah, how dare those creatures you left to fend for themselves try to fight back against the invading force instructed to kill them and claim their territory!
:albertina: The gods are overwhelmingly assholes as far as I can tell. It is good that I am unlikely to encounter anyone particularly religious in this dungeon.

Albertina spots a strange pipe in the northwest part of the room, southward there is a box. Albertina cannot discern anything else about the box from sight alone.

Input required.
>>
No. 617388 ID: dd4ed3

Oh. They send you in alone, not as a group? That's helpful.

>It is good that I am unlikely to encounter anyone particularly religious in this dungeon.
>literally everyone else in the party was a priest
Oh boy.

>what do
Apply trap sense! Check the pipe, the box, and the door to the next room.
>>
No. 617390 ID: 82c018

Cautiously check the box (actively using trap sense if it is not passive).
>>
No. 617406 ID: 72c7be
File 142017780670.jpg - (42.59KB , 360x648 , D14 - Trap Sense.jpg )
617406

>Oh. They send you in alone, not as a group? That's helpful.
:Albertina: The gargoyle, deep one and lizard should be at the other entrances to the north, east and south. Catching up with them might be helpful, but for all I know they could be violent criminals.
>Apply trap sense!
>actively using trap sense if it is not passive
Fortunately Trap Sense is passive.
>>
No. 617407 ID: 72c7be
File 142017782084.jpg - (86.62KB , 800x600 , D15 - The Device.jpg )
617407

>Cautiously check the box
Albertina examines the box, determining it is not trapped they open it to discover an herb and a strange device.
The device appears to have eight tubes connecting a small box to a larger box. The smaller box has holes at the top. You are unable to tell what is beyond that.

Gained 1 Herb.
:Albertina: “Dammit, if only I had the foresight to bring my alchemy set with me… Maybe I can find something usable further in.”

Help Menu:
Herbs: Herbs can be used by those with Alchemy to make potions with a variety of effects, provided they find a crafting station.
>>
No. 617409 ID: dd4ed3

Huh. Well, I have no idea what to make from the box puzzle. Maybe you're meant to put objects inside the smaller box? It doesn't seem like you can interact with it much, as is, except sticking your hands inside. (Which doesn't seem like the best idea).

Check the pipe, next, I suppose.
>>
No. 617412 ID: 330ce5

Nothing left here, better move on to the next room.
>>
No. 617559 ID: 72c7be
File 142025000270.jpg - (65.17KB , 416x387 , D16 - The Pipe.jpg )
617559

>Check the pipe, next, I suppose.
Albertina takes a peak into the pipe. It has a faint iron smell and it too hard to see inside of. A faint scratching sound can be heard.
:Albertina: “I’ll bet this place is full of rats…”
>>
No. 617560 ID: 72c7be
File 142025009222.jpg - (43.61KB , 360x648 , D17 - Trapped Halls.jpg )
617560

rolled 3, 6 = 9

>Nothing left here, better move on to the next room.
Albertina approaches the door to the next room, but immediately step back as they sense a trap just beyond the doorway. Since this is the only way to proceed Albertina wastes no time in attempting to disarm the trap.

7 Required
>>
No. 617561 ID: 72c7be
File 142025060432.jpg - (46.67KB , 360x648 , D18 - Arrow Trap.jpg )
617561

Albertina carefully opens the door from afar, grasping a rope that zips up from the door handle just before it triggers a crossbow across the hallway. Taking great care they step out of the door way and let go of the wire sending a bolt hurtling into the room.
It breaks against the pipe, causing a loud clanging. Strange sounds and skittering noises can be heard from inside.
:Albertina: That was close…
>>
No. 617569 ID: 82c018

Get through that door and close it behind you before whatever is in the pipe gets out.
>>
No. 617581 ID: 72c7be
File 142025406249.jpg - (70.67KB , 1008x720 , D19 - Floor 1 Map Revisited.jpg )
617581

The crossbow trap seemed to be sealed it the wall just above the doorway, so it’s sadly not salvageable as a ranged weapon. The door to this room appears to be locked as well. Albertina tries the southern door.
>>
No. 617583 ID: 72c7be
File 142025416245.jpg - (80.93KB , 404x402 , D20 - Monster.jpg )
617583

rolled 6, 6, 5 = 17

> Get through that door and close it behind you before whatever is in the pipe gets out.
Albertina quickly moves into the southern room, closing the door behind themselves.

:Albertina: “Shit”
:Sparkling: Kreee!

Combat Initiated.
10 Required
>>
No. 617584 ID: 72c7be
File 142025421271.jpg - (54.29KB , 432x432 , D21 - Combat.jpg )
617584

Albertina reacts quicker than the monsters.

Input required.
>>
No. 617586 ID: 88960e

Question. What are you armed with, if anything? Char gen didn't include equipment.
>>
No. 617589 ID: 82c018

Assuming you have a weapon, shank the one closest then take cover behind the pillar(?) in the middle of the room in case they have ranged attacks.
>>
No. 617601 ID: 72c7be
File 142025929120.jpg - (233.95KB , 700x700 , D22 - Weapons.jpg )
617601

rolled 4, 3 = 7

>Question. What are you armed with, if anything? Char gen didn't include equipment.
> Assuming you have a weapon
A quick check on the character menu shows that Albertina is carrying a sword and a dagger.

>shank the one closest then take cover behind the pillar(?) in the middle of the room in case they have ranged attacks.
Albertina draws their dagger and makes a stab at the closest one.

10 Required
>>
No. 617602 ID: 72c7be

rolled 1, 1, 2 = 4

Albertina swings wide and the creatures attack.
Two of the monsters attack, the other is hindered by its small reach and range.

Defense: 14
>>
No. 617603 ID: 72c7be

rolled 3, 1, 5 = 9

This is for the second one.
>>
No. 617605 ID: 72c7be
File 142025978486.jpg - (54.40KB , 432x432 , D23 - Assault.jpg )
617605

Albertina manages to avoid both attacks.
Input Required.
>>
No. 617607 ID: 2ec61a

are they covered in spikes or is that stylized fur? if fur then you should try to dodge around the left one so the others can't get at you. maybe stab it if you can.
>>
No. 617621 ID: 82c018

>>617607
Yep, that. Even if they have spikes we should try to get around to the left if we can to avoid being surrounded.
>>
No. 617626 ID: dd4ed3

Surrounded. That's not good.

Trying to eliminate or get past the one on the left is really the best move- then the pillar only allows them to come at you one at a time unless the one in the rear goes all the way around.

Alternatively, if you could retreat through the door above you, you could use the door as a choke point.
>>
No. 617644 ID: 72c7be
File 142026787220.jpg - (91.94KB , 561x492 , D24 - Pillar Dodge.jpg )
617644

rolled 6, 3 = 9

>are they covered in spikes
>Even if they have spikes we should try to get around to the left
:Albertina: Some kind of unholy thorny bug thing, looks like a rose stem grafted onto a flea...

>get past the one on the left is really the best move
Albertina does their best to slip past the left one, taking a swing as they move.

10 Required
>>
No. 617647 ID: 72c7be

rolled 3, 5, 3 = 11

:Albertina: So close…
One monster attacks, the others are too foolish to go around the pillar.
Defense: 14
>>
No. 617648 ID: 72c7be
File 142026821737.jpg - (54.74KB , 432x432 , D25 - Tactics.jpg )
617648

The monster misses.
Input required.
>>
No. 617650 ID: dd4ed3

All right. If you're careful, you can keep them in front of you, so defending just got easier.

Focus on trying to injure the creature(s) in front of you, without letting any pass. If necessary, you can give ground 'pillar dancing' in a counterclockwise circle around the room to keep your advantage.

I notice your sword is still in your belt? Did you make the decision that a smaller faster weapon was more useful here than one with more reach? Are you able to wield a sword and dagger at the same time, effectively? It might be useful to draw that, depending.
>>
No. 617654 ID: 72c7be
File 142026988508.jpg - (60.83KB , 432x432 , D26 - Bladework.jpg )
617654

rolled 6, 2 = 8

>I notice your sword is still in your belt? Did you make the decision that a smaller faster weapon was more useful here than one with more reach?
:Albertina: The dagger was quicker to draw. Could switch to the sword now but it'd take time. It would give more distance from the monsters, but this area is cramped so swinging it might go poorly.

>Are you able to wield a sword and dagger at the same time, effectively?
:Albertina: Perhaps if I was a noble I might have a dagger suitable for deflecting blows, and practice in the style...

Albertina stabs at the creature and then moves back.

10 Required
>>
No. 617655 ID: 72c7be
File 142027012310.jpg - (54.91KB , 432x432 , D27 - Swarm.jpg )
617655

rolled 4, 5, 6 = 15

Albertina doesn’t hit. The monsters continue to swarm them.
>>
No. 617663 ID: 72c7be
File 142027265355.jpg - (72.30KB , 638x179 , D28 - First Blood.jpg )
617663

The monster bites into Albertina’s leg inflicting one wound.

:Sparkling: Sreee!
:Albertina: “Fuck that hurts…”

Input required.
>>
No. 617664 ID: dd4ed3

Uh. Okay. We need to roll a ten or better with 2d6 to hit. That's only a 16.7% chance of success.

Our defense is 14, and a bugs roll 3d6. That's 16.2% chance of a hit. We're almost equally shitty in to-hit.

We have 3HP left. If the 3 bugs each take one hit to kill, and we continue to use terrain to allow one bug to attack a round, that's only a 50/50 crapshoot we get three hits before they do. Odds are in their favor if they can gang up on us again, or if they can poison, or if wounds have secondary effects, or if they have more than 1 knives worth of hp.

I kind of just want to keep backing around the column until we reach a door, then step through and close it. (Or pray we find backup and not more monsters or walk into a trap).
>>
No. 617989 ID: 72c7be
File 142041247030.jpg - (55.01KB , 432x432 , D29 - Stab and Retreat.jpg )
617989

rolled 3, 6 = 9

>I kind of just want to keep backing around the column until we reach a door, then step through and close it.
Albertina sets into a stab and retreat strategy, limping towards the door.
>>
No. 617992 ID: 72c7be
File 142041266728.jpg - (61.53KB , 432x432 , D30 - Dumb Monsters.jpg )
617992

rolled 6, 2, 2 = 10

The monsters seem more than happy to follow along.
>>
No. 617996 ID: 72c7be
File 142041290441.jpg - (61.02KB , 432x432 , D31 - Repetition.jpg )
617996

rolled 3, 2 = 5

>>
No. 617998 ID: 72c7be
File 142041301941.jpg - (54.04KB , 432x432 , D32 - Repetition 2.jpg )
617998

rolled 3, 5, 6 = 14

>>
No. 618030 ID: 72c7be
File 142041650287.jpg - (72.60KB , 410x382 , D33 - Fall.jpg )
618030

A second leg wound sends Albertina tumbling to the floor, sustaining no additional damage.
:Sparkling: Kri-kreeeh!
:Albertina: Can’t die here…
>>
No. 618032 ID: 72c7be
File 142041654203.jpg - (58.25KB , 432x432 , D34 - Corner.jpg )
618032

The crystal in the center of the room is glowing faintly, and there is a banging and muffled voice coming from the southern door.

Input Required.
>>
No. 618035 ID: 42443a

Draw sword, use the additional range to try and keep them at bay. Can you get up?

The book fell open. Did it fall open to a significant passage?

The crystal in the center of the room might be reacting to your open tome, or whoever's trying to open the southern door.

Call out, see if you can attract the attention of whoever's on the other side of the wall. You don't know who your fellow adventurers are, but any aid would be preferable to being overrun by bugs.
>>
No. 618081 ID: f5baae

>>618032
engrave "Elbereth" into the floor! This could scare the monsters. But only do it if you have enough time!
>>
No. 618087 ID: 42443a

>>618081
We don't have a wand of fire / lightning / digging, an athema, or a magic marker though! Using a normal dagger to engrave would take more than 1 round. (Writing with our fingers in the dust is faster, but pretty unreliable).
>>
No. 618096 ID: d3be40

Yell to the door, tell them you're badly wounded and there's three giant spiders!

If your health drains to 1, throw your sword at the crystal in defiance.
>>
No. 618106 ID: 2ec61a

open door.
>>
No. 618155 ID: 330ce5

Yell curses upon these dumb bugs, be loud you want to be heard.
>>
No. 618170 ID: 72c7be
File 142043403379.jpg - (37.81KB , 576x360 , D35 - The Hero Albertina Needs.jpg )
618170

rolled 5, 3 = 8

>Draw sword, use the additional range to try and keep them at bay.
Albertina switches weapons.

>The book fell open. Did it fall open to a significant passage?
Albertina glances at the book, but cannot rea dit properly at this time.
:Albertina: "... Crystals ... resonance ... energy ... strong force ... explosion ...."

>The crystal in the center of the room might be reacting to your open tome, or whoever's trying to open the southern door.
:Albertina: Hopefully not in an exsplosive way

>Call out, see if you can attract the attention of whoever's on the other side of the wall. You don't know who your fellow adventurers are, but any aid would be preferable to being overrun by bugs.
>Yell to the door, tell them you're badly wounded and there's three giant spiders!
:Albertina: "Is anybody out there? Help!"
:unknowndescender: "The door is stuck!"
:Albertina: "I'm hurt really bad..."
:unknowndescender: "Shit..."

10 Required
>>
No. 618171 ID: 82c018

Welp. The random number gods do not smile on us this day.
>>
No. 618173 ID: 72c7be
File 142043416488.jpg - (57.26KB , 432x432 , D36 - No Mercy.jpg )
618173

rolled 2, 5, 5 = 12

The monsters attempt an attack.
>>
No. 618174 ID: 72c7be
File 142043440478.jpg - (56.92KB , 432x432 , D37 - Help.jpg )
618174

rolled 2, 6, 6 = 14

A fortunate miss.

>Can you get up?
Albertina expends one morale to ignore their wounds and rise to their feet.

>open door.
Albertina rushes to try to slam open the door.

14 Required
>>
No. 618181 ID: 72c7be
File 142043538016.jpg - (52.96KB , 576x360 , D38 - Luise.jpg )
618181

Albertina smashes through the baracade doing superficial damage to Luise fingers due to her trying to pull the same barricade off.
:Luise: “Ow… fuck!”
:Albertina: “S-sorry. Help me shut these doors?”
:Luise: “Right.”
>>
No. 618182 ID: 72c7be
File 142043552188.jpg - (44.53KB , 576x360 , D39 - Close the Doors.jpg )
618182

rolled 4, 3, 6, 3 = 16

Luise and Albertina close the doors shut behind them, attempting to hold against the assault from the other side.

7 Required
>>
No. 618197 ID: 72c7be
File 142043692521.jpg - (123.78KB , 700x364 , D40 - Breaking the Ice.jpg )
618197

The monsters stop trying to break open the door. Albertina slides down to sit.
:Albertina: “… H-hey, I’m Albertina of Skygate.”
:Luise: “Luise of Psiglen, glad to see you’re still in one piece.”
:Albertina: “Yeah… so… you’re…”
:Luise: “…”
:Albertina: “An Empath then?”
:Luise: “Oh. Yes, of course. I am. Anyways, let’s get those wounds patched up first.”
:Albertina: “Right… okay.”

Bio Unlocked: Luise of Psiglen
Luise was the third child of a wealthy family sent off to join the Order of Chaos at a young age. She was made Empathic due to an epidemic of disease that required more gifted healers. Luise was selected and bonded with The Tome of Chaos on the Day of Sacrifice, hid during the Day of Feasting and tried to run during the Day of Anticipation. After that she was guided to the dungeon and entered the first room where she spent most of her time contemplating a painting until combat was heard.

Input Required.
>>
No. 618206 ID: 42443a

The herb from the box isn't showing up in inventory. Also, do we still have the tome of gnosis, or did we lose it in the last room?

If possible, read up on those crystals. Be nice to know what they were responding to (the tome? violence? Empathic energy?). It would be really convenient if we could trigger the explosion from here, and kill the bugs without entering the room.

Look around the room as you're being treated, see if trap sense pings anything.

Be sure to thank Luise, after.
>>
No. 618213 ID: d3be40

Damnit, why didn't they give you a week's worth of rations?

Albertina: "Well, here we are, the pieces that didn't fit in the Elder Gods' grand design, here to fight a dying war against an insane goddess to protect all the people who did fit. And they didn't give us rations. You think the people who hold the sacrifice have gone insane and just want us to fail so that the world will finally end?"

Strategize while you have time. Do you siege the spiders or prepare to ambush them? Discuss your skills and talents with each other so that you know how to synchronize in combat.

Also, barricade the door. For starters, if any of the spiders pierce the door and into your lungs, you're dead.
>>
No. 618214 ID: 42443a

>Damnit, why didn't they give you a week's worth of rations?
Almost certainly because they don't expect us to be alive in a week.
>>
No. 618219 ID: 82c018

Would we be able to re-barricade one of the doors than open the other as a choke point?
>>
No. 618232 ID: 72c7be
File 142044620543.jpg - (130.97KB , 700x364 , D41 - Error Correction.jpg )
618232

>The herb from the box isn't showing up in inventory. Also, do we still have the tome of gnosis, or did we lose it in the last room?
Albertina picked up the tome when they got up, it is still in their possession.

>Look around the room as you're being treated, see if trap sense pings anything.
The hallways is fairly wide, empty and free of traps.
>>
No. 618233 ID: 72c7be
File 142044622750.jpg - (73.58KB , 1008x720 , D42 - New Rooms.jpg )
618233

:Albertina: "So what's past here?"
:Luise: "A room I ran through, then the room I started in and another door."
:Albertina: “Does that room have anything in it?”
:Luise: “I wasn’t really paying attention.”

>Damnit, why didn't they give you a week's worth of rations?
:Albertina: "I can't believe they send us in here without any food... what are we supposed to eat."
:Luise: "Perhaps we could cook those creature that were attacking you, provided we live long enough."

>Strategize while you have time. Do you siege the spiders or prepare to ambush them?
:Albertina: "It would better if we catch the monsters off guard. I was kind of surprised when I first fought them..."
:Louise: "I suppose. Though, I would feel better if we had more allies."

>Discuss your skills and talents with each other so that you know how to synchronize in combat.
:Luise: "... So, in order to help you we need to establish a telepathic bond."
:Albertina: "Oh. That... doesn't sound so bad. Will that help heal me?"
:Luise: "No, but I'll be able to transfer your wounds to myself... should you receive anymore."
:Albertina: "That's useful... what's the catch?"
:Luise: "We'll hear each other’s thoughts... and feel each other’s emotions."

Albertina hesitates.

:Albertina: I probably should do it, but... the idea of not being able to keep my thoughts to myself is really unsettling.

>Be sure to thank Luise, after.
:Albertina: "Thanks for patching me up."
:Luise: "No trouble. You're going to need some time to truly recover..."
:Albertina::Luise: "Or more likely potions."

Luise laughs at the coincidental thought and helps Albertina to their feet.

> Would we be able to re-barricade one of the doors than open the other as a choke point?
>Also, barricade the door. For starters, if any of the spiders pierce the door and into your lungs, you're dead.
:Albertina: "Can you repair this barricade?"
:Luise: "Sorry, I'm just a priest. They didn't teach us much craftsmanship. Best thing to do is put as many doors behind us as we can until we want to go back I'd say."
>>
No. 618234 ID: 72c7be
File 142044628465.jpg - (79.62KB , 720x720 , D43 - The Pitted Room.jpg )
618234

Albertina and Luise move to the next room, Albertina rests against the door there.

>If possible, read up on those crystals.
:Albertina: Echo Crystals are useful tools placed throughout the dungeon. They buzz with old magic and have a strong resonance when touched by mortal hands. The energy in them doesn't only respond to contact but also to sound. Meaningless shouts and yelling won't trigger them but certain melodic tunes can bring them to their peak. Some puzzles in the dungeon are fixed with echo crystals that will reveal secrets when charged properly. In a pinch a strong force such a striking a blow will cause a violent explosion from the crystal though this may cause any puzzle it's a part of to become unsolvable and in the worst case scenario prevent descent to the next floor.

:Luise: "Can you read anything in the book?"
:Albertina: "Yes... now I can. Nothing's clear in yours?"

Luise shakes her head.
>>
No. 618235 ID: 72c7be
File 142044629610.jpg - (80.03KB , 720x720 , D44 - Trap Check.jpg )
618235

Albertina checks around the room for traps.

:Albertina: “I don’t trust this chest.”

Input Required.
>>
No. 618236 ID: d3be40

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

But seriously, use your combined intelligence to find a way to open the chest as safely as possible.
>>
No. 618239 ID: 42443a

>I'll be able to transfer your wounds to myself
>That's useful
Well, to an extent. Someone will still have to bear those wounds, and the group will still have to spend time and resources treating them.

That and with only 3hp, Luise doesn't have much capacity to tank damage, unless the damage transference isn't 1 to 1, or if one of her abilities helps with that. (Martyr might reward or help with suffering for the benefit of others).

>just ran through rooms
It was very lucky for the both of you that her path wasn't trapped.

>crystals respond to certain sounds
There was enough going on at the time we can't be certain which sound trigger that. Your speech? Luise's? The creature's screech?

>can't repair barricade
I would have suggested using the broken pieces as wedges in the door, but you've already moved on.

>Though, I would feel better if we had more allies.
Agreed.

>I probably should do it, but... the idea of not being able to keep my thoughts to myself is really unsettling.
To be perfectly blunt, you're not likely to survive long enough to really suffer from it. How many embarrassing social situations are their in the dungeon?

You could ask, in the unlikely event you survive long enough for it to matter, is an empathic bond permanent?

>I don't trust this chest
Study it, visually. Try to ascertain the nature of the trap.

One trick might be trying to set off the trap at range (standing away and to the side, using the sword, or throwing the dagger from further away) but that's dangerous unless you know the nature of the trap.
>>
No. 618249 ID: 72c7be
File 142046033732.jpg - (79.90KB , 720x720 , D45 - Lockpicking.jpg )
618249

rolled 2, 5 = 7

>But seriously, use your combined intelligence to find a way to open the chest as safely as possible.
>Study it, visually. Try to ascertain the nature of the trap.
>set off the trap at range (standing away and to the side
Error: Mind does not contribute to disarming traps.
Error: Only rogues can disarm traps.

Albertina evaluates the trap.
:Albertina: It’s locked and fixed to go off once the top is open… probably an arrow, spear or maybe gas…
Albertina attempts to disarm the trap.

10 Required
>>
No. 618250 ID: 72c7be
File 142046074969.jpg - (131.49KB , 800x600 , D46 - Arming Sword To the Rescue.jpg )
618250

Albertina opens the chest carefully with their sword releasing a poison gas. Albertina coughs, but takes only superficial damage from the trap due to their training.
:Albertina: “Keh… Guess it’s not too potent… lucky us.”
:Luise: “I’m just going to stay over here if that’s okay.”

Albertina checks the chest and finds an alchemy set and a key within it.
:Albertina: Jackpot.

Help Menu
Alchemy: Alchemy can be used to create a variety of different potions. Rogue Alchemists always know how to make healing potions and poisons. Empath Alchemists always know how to make healing potions and sustenance potions. Other types of alchemists might have different starting recipes.

Input Required.
>>
No. 618264 ID: d3be40

Get started on that healing potion. Make something that can be used instantly.
>>
No. 618266 ID: 42443a

Tell your companion you've found an alchemy set, discover shared interest.

Considering everything in here is trying to kill you, and that you're already hurt, healing potions are probably the first thing you'd want to try making.

How much do we have in the way of material components (how many potions could we make, of each type?), and how long would it take to make potions? (The only real reason not to is that is we delay too long the other two participants might be killed before we find them).

...a source of potions really makes the empathic link more potent. If Luise is carrying potions, she can soak damage and quaff to heal it without an enemy's attempt to attack you slowing you down at all as you kill them. You should consider establishing it.
>>
No. 618271 ID: 82c018

Healing potions for now.
That looks like another echo crystal on the ither side of the room, though there isn't any indication of what would charge it.
>>
No. 618287 ID: 01c67a

as an alchemist you should be able to identify the herbs and the effects of those herbs you and lizardtits carry. do that. and mix 'em.
>>
No. 618460 ID: 72c7be
File 142052872052.jpg - (128.51KB , 700x364 , D47 - Check Menu.jpg )
618460

>Tell your companion you've found an alchemy set, discover shared interest.
>as an alchemist you should be able to identify the herbs and the effects of those herbs you and lizardtits carry. do that. and mix 'em.
:Albertina: The herbs I'm carrying are from a plant called Echidna's Glory. A versatile weed that grows in abundance around the outside of the tower. Could be a lot further inside... or might be none. It can be used to make most types of potions.
:Luise: The herbs I'm carrying are called Almas Root. They can be used to make my medicine... which is only useful to me and people in a similar situation. Otherwise it has no practical use.

:Albertina: "There's an alchemy set in here."
:Luise: "Oh, good. We can get that wound fixed and I can make some medicine."
:Albertina: "Actually, I could probably take care of that."
:Luise: "No, I... Oh, the wound. Right. So you’re an alchemist then? That’s good, we can split the brewing duty."
:Albertina: Assuming we live long enough to form a routine.

>Considering everything in here is trying to kill you, and that you're already hurt, healing potions are probably the first thing you'd want to try making.
>Healing potions for now.
:Albertina: Probably a good idea to stock up on healing potions, unless the monsters prove inedible... Not sure if the poison I can make will even affect them.

>How much do we have in the way of material components (how many potions could we make, of each type?), and how long would it take to make potions? (The only real reason not to is that is we delay too long the other two participants might be killed before we find them).

Help Menu
It takes 6 hours to make a potion.
Up to 6 potions can be made at a time provided they are of the same type.
Herbs are required on a 1 to 1 ratio for all standard potions.
Making fewer than 6 potions does not reduce the time required.
>>
No. 618465 ID: d3be40

Alright, brew up the potions and drink them asap. Make sure you use a recipe that rots quickly but gets the job done if ingested early, should interact with your digestive system faster. While you have time, discuss techniques and combos.
>>
No. 618479 ID: 01c67a

only brew if you have enough to make 6 health pots. otherwise, uhh, examine that thingamabob on the right.
>>
No. 618491 ID: 42443a

>6 hours
Well. That's a while. Hopefully the others don't die while you're doing that. But charging around and searching while injured isn't a smart move, anyways.

If we're lucky, maybe they'll find us?

Make 6 healing potions. (Use the Almas Root, since it's apparently only good for making those, and the Echidna's Glory has other uses).

>what else
We could try experimenting with the echo crystal in this room. It's suppose to respond to certain tunes and melodies, right? And we're going to have time while brewing, I think.
>>
No. 618520 ID: 72c7be
File 142057429497.jpg - (87.28KB , 720x720 , D48 - A Bond is Formed.jpg )
618520

>...a source of potions really makes the empathic link more potent. If Luise is carrying potions, she can soak damage and quaff to heal it without an enemy's attempt to attack you slowing you down at all as you kill them. You should consider establishing it.
:Luise: There is a reason that all Empaths are trained alchemists.

Albertina sighs.
:Albertina: "So... about that link?"
:Luise: "Yes?"
:Albertina: "Is it permanent?"
:Luise: "No. At least, it doesn't have to be."
:Albertina: "Alright... I'll do it."
:Luise: "Very well, hold still for a moment."

:Albertina: That felt strange.
:Luise: I'm sorry.

Input Required.

Author's Note: Reuploaded.
>>
No. 618524 ID: 72c7be
File 142057465395.jpg - (84.78KB , 720x720 , D49 - Echo Crystal.jpg )
618524

rolled 6, 6, 4, 1 = 17

>6 hours
>Well. That's a while. Hopefully the others don't die while you're doing that. But charging around and searching while injured isn't a smart move, anyways.
:Albertina: On the other hand not moving forward risks everyone else circuming to a similiar fate. It is a long time to take a break.

>only brew if you have enough to make 6 health pots.
:Luise: That's efficient.

>If we're lucky, maybe they'll find us?
:Albertina: It's possible, I found Luise after all.

>Make 6 healing potions. (Use the Almas Root, since it's apparently only good for making those, and the Echidna's Glory has other uses).
Error: Almas Root cannot be used to make healing potions, only medicine.

>We could try experimenting with the echo crystal in this room. It's suppose to respond to certain tunes and melodies, right?
>otherwise, uhh, examine that thingamabob on the right.
Albertina hobbles over to the Crystal with some help from Luise and examines it.

A touch causes the crystal to glow red and emits a quiet whispering sound.

10 Required
>>
No. 618525 ID: 72c7be
File 142057487329.jpg - (84.08KB , 720x720 , D50 - Give me something to sing about .jpg )
618525

Luise whistles and the echo crystal responds with another whispering sound.
The glow of the crystal increases as the room is filled with a facsimile of natural sounds.
Abruptly the crystal stops responding and a click is heard below it.
>>
No. 618527 ID: 72c7be
File 142057515115.jpg - (85.67KB , 720x720 , D51 - Questionable Use.jpg )
618527

The Crystal is pulled back into the wall and reveals a trap door.
Albertina checks for traps before opening it to reveal a small compartment containing only a red gemstone.
:Luise: Well that did something.
:Albertina: “Yeah… this ruby could fetch a large price if we were out of here…. Don’t know what we can do with it in here though.”

Input Required.
>>
No. 618531 ID: 962eb4

examine it closer. then leave via the door you didn't go through yet.
>>
No. 618597 ID: 01745f

Maybe it is a key. Take it and move out.
>>
No. 618604 ID: 72c7be
File 142060182644.jpg - (43.86KB , 360x288 , D52 - Ruby.jpg )
618604

>examine it closer
:Albertina: Already cut… wish I could sell it.

>Maybe it is a key
:Albertina: Then again, maybe it fits into something… hm.
>>
No. 618605 ID: 72c7be
File 142060195205.jpg - (57.87KB , 720x432 , D53 - Southern Entrance.jpg )
618605

>leave via the door you didn't go through yet.
>move out.
Albertina and Luise go through the southern hallway and enter the entrance that Luise arrived at. A painting is hung on the wall, in the corner is a wardrobe and to the southwest are a pipe and a small table.
:Albertina: “Did you check this place out already?”
:Luise: Sort of. There wasn’t anything in the pipe, the wardrobe was locked, the table seems useless and the painting is just abstract nonsense.
:Albertina: Hm… “What about the other door?”
:Luise: I haven’t checked it.

Input Required.
>>
No. 618606 ID: 01745f

Can you take the painting? There might be something behind it, and we might find some use for it.
Is the wardrobe made of wood? You might be able to break the door open with the two of you.
>>
No. 618634 ID: 42443a

>Error: Almas Root cannot be used to make healing potions, only medicine.
Please clarify the distinction between healing potions and medicine. Medicine is of more limited scope?

>ruby
Maybe it has magical properties of some kind, or has use in a puzzle? Or... perhaps there are beings or things capable of trade down here. Merchant and bartering skills might have some use here.

>new room
Careful. The pipe looks like the last one. We don't know if it's the same trap as before, but there could be a hidden arrow waiting to alert the monsters inside it, same as before. Notably, the wardrobe is strait across from it.
>>
No. 618651 ID: d3be40

Looks like the starting rooms have some similarities. Try inserting the ruby inside the pipe, see what happens. Not like you're going to find a valid store in here anyway.
>>
No. 618681 ID: 962eb4

don't put the ruby in the pipe, and check that table closer instead.

mainly asking in case that line in its middle is supposed to represent something.
>>
No. 618683 ID: 42443a

I would not touch the pipe without reason. Worst case, we make it clang and little bug monsters come running out, like before. (Well, maybe not worst case. Acid, or lava, or a flooding the room with poison gas would be worse. Anything we can't outrun).
>>
No. 618728 ID: 72c7be
File 142066596357.jpg - (60.07KB , 607x426 , D54 - Painting.jpg )
618728

>Can you take the painting?
:Albertina: It is too wide for this to be a good idea.

>There might be something behind it
:Luise: There is not.
>>
No. 618729 ID: 72c7be
File 142066597923.jpg - (131.34KB , 700x364 , D55 - Almas Root.jpg )
618729

>Error: Almas Root cannot be used to make healing potions, only medicine.
>Please clarify the distinction between healing potions and medicine. Medicine is of more limited scope?
Almas Root. Named after the Almas the Torn, a blood diety, is a unique plant which when ingested caused heart attacks and strokes. However it can be refined into a more benign medicine that can be used to treat certain conditions, and thus stabilize the mental health of those dealing with them. It has no healing function, but prevents certain characters from passively losing morale. A single Almas Root can produce up to 10 days worth of this medicine.

Healing potions, by contrast, cause wounds to rapidly regenerate.
>>
No. 618730 ID: 72c7be
File 142066599939.jpg - (85.19KB , 589x555 , D56 - Table.jpg )
618730

>Ruby
>Maybe it has magical properties of some kind, or has use in a puzzle? Or... perhaps there are beings or things capable of trade down here. Merchant and bartering skills might have some use here.
:Albertina: I suppose we will wait and see.

>Careful. The pipe looks like the last one. We don't know if it's the same trap as before, but there could be a hidden arrow waiting to alert the monsters inside it, same as before. Notably, the wardrobe is strait across from it.
:Albertina: Never really figured out what was in the pipe...

>Try inserting the ruby inside the pipe, see what happens.
>I would not touch the pipe without reason.
>don't put the ruby in the pipe, and check that table closer instead.
Albertina goes to check the table.
>>
No. 618731 ID: 72c7be
File 142066601328.jpg - (75.26KB , 589x555 , D57 - Key #2.jpg )
618731

The table opens up and inside Albertina finds a key. It is identical to the first key.
:Albertina: Huh. Why would you ever need more than one of these?

>Is the wardrobe made of wood?
The wardrobe is made of wood.

> You might be able to break the door open with the two of you.
:Albertina: Maybe. My legs are injured so we can't kick it in. The handles are little knobs not suited for hard pulling. Would have to use something as a crowbar... or I can just try one of our keys.

Albertina notices the wardrobe is trapped.

Input Required.
>>
No. 618738 ID: b0b069

try a key, yeah. and get your buddy to soak up any resulting damage.
>>
No. 618747 ID: 88960e

If the wardrobe is trapped, I wouldn't trip it. It's right across from the pipe, and if it's the same trap as before, we don't want a fight until you've recovered or we have more people.

>why multiple identical keys?
Perhaps the keys are meant to be used on more than one door, but each door breaks the key on use.

I'd try unlocking the door.
>>
No. 618754 ID: 01745f

>Albertina notices the wardrobe is trapped.
Stand the table on its end between the wardrobe and the pipe, so that it will catch the arrow and fall over without hitting the pipe if an arrow shoots out of the wardrobe.
>>
No. 618837 ID: 72c7be
File 142070565464.jpg - (58.74KB , 720x432 , D58 - Trust.jpg )
618837

rolled 2, 3 = 5

>try a key, yeah. and get your buddy to soak up any resulting damage.
:Albertina: “I’m going to check out this wardrobe okay. Cover me if anything goes wrong.”
:Luise: “If something is going to go wrong maybe you shouldn’t-“
:Albertina: “Trust me, I’m a professional.”
:Luise: “Okay…”

>Albertina notices the wardrobe is trapped.
>Stand the table on its end between the wardrobe and the pipe, so that it will catch the arrow and fall over without hitting the pipe if an arrow shoots out of the wardrobe.
:Albertina: “Hey, move the table over there?”

Luise follows Albertina’s instructions.

:Albertina: “Perfect.”

>I'd try unlocking the door.
:Albertina: Now, let’s see about this trap.

6 Required
>>
No. 618936 ID: 72c7be
File 142076053326.jpg - (154.92KB , 800x600 , D59 - Explosion.jpg )
618936

A fiery blast is released from the wardrobe.
Albertina’s quick reflexes reduce the damage to one wound.
Luise uses her empathic powers to transfer the wound to herself. Losing one morale.
>>
No. 618937 ID: 72c7be
File 142076054820.jpg - (116.95KB , 800x600 , D60 - Explosion.jpg )
618937

:Albertina: “Holy shit…”
:Luise: That… was not natural.

Albertina and Luise looks at what remains of the wardrobe. They both lose one morale.
Albertina gains the Disturbed condition.
Albertina gains one key.
>>
No. 618938 ID: 72c7be
File 142076059299.jpg - (136.21KB , 700x364 , D61 - Descension.jpg )
618938

Sufficient time has passed for Albertina to lose 1 food.

Input Required.
>>
No. 618945 ID: 8f3b8c

head east.
>>
No. 618951 ID: d3be40

"/Don't/ trust the serpet woman. /She has no soul/!"

Looks like whoever was trapped in here thought that this "serpet" (serpent) was a complete monster, only to change his mind. It's possible that someone modified the message... but why? In a dungeon made for monsters, who in their right mind would believe that a scratched-out dying message would have some kind of credit?

Looks like you took a hit. This adventure is not going well. Be sure to use the healing potion on your friend if she takes even one more hit.

Use your intelligence to determine if the various notes were made with the same handwriting. Then check to see if there's something left that you can use from the ashes, like crafting materials.

After that, you may want to explore. You can't go on without food forever, and you need to find a place and tools to safely cook food anyway.

And be sure to thank Luisa for taking the damage. That likely hurt her more than it would have hurt you.
>>
No. 619001 ID: 69ab8d

Close cabinet, apologize for not successfully disarming that and examine / treat Luise's transferred wounds.

...double check that there's no false back or anything else in the cabinet. It seems weird that even if you'd successfully disarmed it, the only loot would be a key for key. (Although we can't assume friendly design. And I suppose the prize for sucess could have been destroyed in the fireball).

>stats
Discrepancy: body text describes Luise -2 morale, stats show -1 hp -1 morale.
>>
No. 619008 ID: 72c7be
File 142078598423.jpg - (130.05KB , 700x364 , D62 - Correction.jpg )
619008

rolled 2, 5, 6 = 13

>stats
>Discrepancy: body text describes Luise -2 morale, stats show -1 hp -1 morale.
Error corrected.

>Use your intelligence to determine if the various notes were made with the same handwriting.

? Required
>>
No. 619009 ID: 72c7be
File 142078601197.jpg - (117.22KB , 800x600 , D63 - Clean Up.jpg )
619009

>Then check to see if there's something left that you can use from the ashes, like crafting materials.
>...double check that there's no false back or anything else in the cabinet. It seems weird that even if you'd successfully disarmed it, the only loot would be a key for key. (Although we can't assume friendly design. And I suppose the prize for sucess could have been destroyed in the fireball).
Albertina determines that all the text came from the same person, likely created by a Broken Dagger that they recover from the wreckage. Sadly there is no further prize.

>Close cabinet, apologize for not successfully disarming that and examine / treat Luise's transferred wounds.
:Albertina: "Sorry about that."
:Luise: It's fine... it doesn't burn that much.
>>
No. 619010 ID: 72c7be
File 142078602544.jpg - (75.95KB , 1008x720 , D64 - Map Check.jpg )
619010

>head east.
Albertina and Luise head east.
>>
No. 619012 ID: 72c7be
File 142078607299.jpg - (68.40KB , 720x432 , D65 - Key Room.jpg )
619012

:Sparkling: Skrii!
:Magdalena: "By Telos..."

:Albertina: Please don't be a priest...
:Luise:???

Input Required.
>>
No. 619039 ID: 8f3b8c

if Luise has any abilities that might be helpful in ranged combat, now'd be the time to use 'em. otherwise Al has to throw a dagger at it despite his/her low skill stat, while everyone rushes to meet at a middle point.

or we could lure it into a trap. the room looks trapped. anything from trapsense?
>>
No. 619043 ID: 69ab8d

Well, 3 on 1 are a lot better odds than we've had so far. Too bad we have such little hp to spare.

Ignore the chest and the key hanging from the ceiling, for now. See about sneaking up behind the monster while it's focused on Magdalena. Maybe we can end this quick. And if it notices you, well, at least we'll have it surrounded this time instead of the other way around.

>correction
Ouch. I was hoping the interface had been incorrect and listed an morale loss when it should have listed hp. Damage transference sapping two bars at the same time seriously limits the usefulness and sustainability of that tactic, even if we start brewing hp pots.
>>
No. 619056 ID: d3be40

Luise, give Albertina your spare dagger, then run along the south wall!

Albertina, throw two daggers as you run towards the enemy spider! There's only one, so take it down! Shout at the kid to run or fight!
>>
No. 619090 ID: 72c7be
File 142083676132.jpg - (91.92KB , 720x432 , D66 - Light Bringer.jpg )
619090

rolled 2 = 2

>Luise, give Albertina your spare dagger, then run along the south wall!
Luise draws and hands her dagger to Albertina. [-1 AP]
Luise draws her mace. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

>anything from trapsense?
:Albertina: The hanging key is clearly trapped.

>Shout at the kid to run or fight!
:Magdalena: "Oh good, backup."

Magdalena moves towards the center of the room. [-1 AP]
Magdalena turns back, holds out their staff and then speaks a word that sounds foreign to Albertina and Luise. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
A blast of white light shoots from Magdalena's staff towards the creature.

6 Required.
>>
No. 619092 ID: 72c7be
File 142083715885.jpg - (92.31KB , 720x432 , D67 - Bummer.jpg )
619092

rolled 6, 1 = 7

Unfortunately Magdalena appears to have even less accuracy than Luise and Albertina.

>Al has to throw a dagger at it despite his/her low skill stat, while everyone rushes to meet at a middle point.
>Albertina, throw two daggers as you run towards the enemy spider! There's only one, so take it down!
Albertina throws a dagger at the distracted beast. [-2 AP]

6 Required
>>
No. 619094 ID: 72c7be
File 142083753880.jpg - (86.88KB , 720x432 , D68 - Splat.jpg )
619094

Albertina hits.
Albertina’s deadly attack deals 2 wounds! [Overkill].
Victory achieved.

:Magdalena: “…Ah. Well, very good then. I would have gotten it eventually.”
:Luise: What.
:Albertina: Please don’t be a priest.
:Luise: ???

An awkward silence falls over the room post combat.
Input Required.
>>
No. 619095 ID: 9a8629

learn Maggy Mags is a priest. curse the fates.
recover dagger. loot sparkling. grab herb. identify all new loot.
everybody move away from key. chuck daggers at key until rope is cut. avoid trap.
retrieve key. open chest.
examine mounds. no, not those mounds. perv.
>>
No. 619098 ID: d3be40

Play "good cop, bad cop" with this guy.

Albertina: "If you quote scripture, I knife your face. Deal?"

Luise: "Albertina, don't be a jerk. Hello there, what's your name?"

Then harvest antivenoms or other crafting materials from the spider. If the trap on the key looks too hard to disarm, throw daggers at the key from a distance, both as practice and as trap springing.

Take the herb and be ready to cook up a few potions. You may also need to find a way to improve your battling strengths.
>>
No. 619102 ID: 01745f

Retrive the dagger, get herb, examine chest for traps. Also, does the monster look edible?
>>
No. 619107 ID: 72c7be
File 142084368105.jpg - (69.62KB , 720x432 , D69 - Making Friends.jpg )
619107

>learn Maggy Mags is a priest. curse the fates.
>Play "good cop, bad cop" with this guy.

:Albertina: "So... you wouldn't happen to be a cleric would you?"
:Magdalena: "How is that not obvious...?"
:Albertina: "Dammit!"
:Luise: I am too you know...
:Albertina: Double dammit!
:Luise: "Sorry about my companion. I'm Luise of Psiglen. She's-"
:Albertina: "They're"
:Luise: "They're Albertina of Skygate. And you are?"
:Magdalena: "I'm Magdalena of Vulkras."
:Luise: "Good to meet you. And uhm... how exactly were we supposed to know you were a priest?"
:Magdalena: "... Oh. Right, I suppose lesser cultures don't do that."
:Luise: ... Are you fucking kidding me?
:Magdalena: "When one of my people is born we are marked from birth with our destined path in life."
Magdalena gestures to their face.
:Magdalena: "These are the markings of a priest."
:Albertina: Dammit!
:Luise: "... How. Enlightening."
>>
No. 619108 ID: 72c7be
File 142084372990.jpg - (87.21KB , 1008x720 , D70 - Expanding Horizons.jpg )
619108

Bio Unlocked: Magdalena of Vulkras
The day Magdalena was hatched was a full moon, and thus Magdalena was given the roll of priest. Living as a priest is often taxing and Magdalena has always felt their intelligence and wit is underappreciated by the masses, regardless Magdalena always did their job. Magdalena was selected and bonded with The Tome of Telos on the Day of Sacrifice. Fasted on the Day of Feasting and suffered on the Day of Anticipation. After that they were guided to the dungeon where they encountered a useless room, a room with monsters they dispatched easily and one trapped room where they only got hurt once.
>>
No. 619109 ID: 72c7be
File 142084375215.jpg - (188.43KB , 700x536 , D71 - Party of Three.jpg )
619109

>recover dagger. loot sparkling. grab herb. identify all new loot.
>Then harvest antivenoms or other crafting materials from the spider.
>Take the herb and be ready to cook up a few potions.
>Retrive the dagger, get herb, examine chest for traps.

Recovered dagger.
Gained 1 food.
Gained 1 herb.
Discovered the monster is not venomous.
Discovered the chest is trap free.

>open chest.
Gained 1 sapphire.

>Also, does the monster look edible?
:Luise: Yes.
:Magdalena: Certainly.
:Albertina: Define edible.

>You may also need to find a way to improve your battling strengths.
:Albertina: "Hopefully the gargoyle will be a combatant. Otherwise we're going to have to get creative."
:Luise: "Agreed."
>>
No. 619111 ID: 72c7be
File 142084400020.jpg - (68.64KB , 720x432 , D72 - Traps and Stuff.jpg )
619111

rolled 4, 5 = 9

>If the trap on the key looks too hard to disarm, throw daggers at the key from a distance, both as practice and as trap springing.
>everybody move away from key. chuck daggers at key until rope is cut. avoid trap.
Magdalena attempts to shoot the key down with their staff but is quickly stopped by Albertina.
:Albertina: "Woah woah! That's trapped. I can probably disarm it, give me a moment."

10 Required
>>
No. 619112 ID: 9a8629

totally had it coming.
>>
No. 619117 ID: 72c7be
File 142084527922.jpg - (102.36KB , 720x432 , D73 - Rocks Fall, Everyone.jpg )
619117

Albertina notices the rope links to a mechanism that will release something on the parts of the floor that have the most pre-
:Albertina: “Fuck!”
>>
No. 619118 ID: 72c7be
File 142084532014.jpg - (71.27KB , 720x432 , D74 - is fine.jpg )
619118

Albertina evades the rocks.
Magdalena and Luise were never in any danger.
Input required.
>>
No. 619119 ID: 9a8629

grab key, go north.
>>
No. 619128 ID: d3be40

Right.

This whole adventure is one big nightmare. Seriously, would it kill the monks in charge of the tower to send in hundreds of criminals, instead of four seriously-unprepared misfits? I'm pretty sure that the monks no longer want to save the universe any more.

Is the treasure chest busted? This time, let Luise shoot the key; there might be another trap. Or fifty.
>>
No. 619153 ID: 72c7be
File 142085853581.jpg - (99.07KB , 720x720 , D75 - Crystal Hall.jpg )
619153

>Is the treasure chest busted?
:Albertina: Yes, but it’s been looted.

>grab key, go north.
Albertina retrieves the key and heads through the north door.

>This whole adventure is one big nightmare. Seriously, would it kill the monks in charge of the tower to send in hundreds of criminals, instead of four seriously-unprepared misfits? I'm pretty sure that the monks no longer want to save the universe any more.
:Magdalena: Only those bound to the tomes can enter the tower, and only one person can be bound to a tome at a time.

The group enters a room filled with Crystals. There are no traps.
Input required.
>>
No. 619160 ID: 9a8629

everybody check their tomes.

also, mindlink Maggie.
>>
No. 619165 ID: 72c7be
File 142086281885.jpg - (101.03KB , 720x720 , D76 - Bonded.jpg )
619165

>everybody check their tomes.
:Albertina: “I don’t suppose your tomes have anything about this.”
:Magdalena: “The Tome of Telos primarily talks about the monsters.”
:Luise: “Still can’t read anything in the Tome of Chaos.”

The Tome of Gnosis has nothing else to say about Echo Crystals, but Albertina shares the information they have with Magdalena.

>also, mindlink Maggie.
:Luise: “Magdalena, we should form a telepathic bond.”
:Magdalena: “Oh. Right, of course you’re an empath…”

Input Required.
>>
No. 619166 ID: 9a8629

read up on sparklings, elaborate on what scoundrel/empaths and deceiver/mages can do.
>>
No. 619177 ID: 72c7be
File 142086592257.jpg - (259.77KB , 792x576 , D77 – Deceiver Spells as Attacks.jpg )
619177

>read up on sparklings
:Albertina: "Does your tome say anything about the monsters?"
:Magdalena: "They're called Sparklings."
:Albertina: "... Anything else?"
:Magdalena: "They're vulnerable to magic, particularly lightning."
:Albertina: "Is that all?"
:Magdalena: "That's everything potentially important."
:Albertina: ...Bitch
:Magdalena: "What?"
:Albertina: "Huh?"

>elaborate on what scoundrel/empaths and deceiver/mages can do.
:Luise: "So! Magdalena! What spells do you know?"
:Magdalena: "I can control gravity, light and sound."
:Luise: "That sounds useful... are there limitations on that."
:Magdalena: "Of course. There are always limitations on magic. I'll let you know if I reach mine."

Luise nods.

Help Menu
Scoundrel is an Empath specialization that provides the Trap Survivor trait.
Deceiver provides the Deceiver Spells trait.

Input Required.
>>
No. 619188 ID: 69ab8d

>mage rolls 1d6
>6 needed to hit
Well that's just terrible.

If Mags is less accurate than the other two, it looks like skill might be the relevant stat for to-hit. (Roll 1d6 plus and additional d6 for each point of skill?).

>sitrep
We have only 2hp we can lose safely before someone takes fatal damage (unless you need to go into negative to die), and only 1 is on our empath. We're stretched thin, and need time to heal up and make potions. (I sure hope mashing rest heals wounds).

Problem is we need to find our fourth member before we can afford to stop. We should focus on exploring in the direction of their entrance, and not messing with every potentially trap in the way. We can come back and disarm traps for rewards after we've rested.

>Deceiver provides the Deceiver Spells trait.
What's a deceiver spell? An illusion? A spell that bypasses or aids a cha roll when attempting to lie?
>>
No. 619204 ID: 9a8629

continue north.
>>
No. 619213 ID: 72c7be
File 142087363342.jpg - (99.67KB , 720x720 , D78 – North Door.jpg )
619213

>What's a deceiver spell?
Deceiver Spells manipulate Light, Gravity or Sound. Within those broad domains they are only limited by the spellcaster's personal ability.

>continue north.
>We should focus on exploring in the direction of their entrance, and not messing with every potentially trap in the way.
Albertina goes to the north door and finds that it is locked.
Albertina uses a key to unlock it. The key obliterates harmlessly upon use along with the lock.
>>
No. 619214 ID: 72c7be
File 142087365147.jpg - (98.16KB , 720x720 , D79 – The Garden.jpg )
619214

The room contains a pillar (load bearing?), and a small garden that is obviously trapped.
Neither exit leads North.

Input Required.
>>
No. 619216 ID: 69ab8d

Give traps a wide berth, since we don't know what the triggers are, or the range of effect.

If one door is locked, and the other unlocked, take the unlocked door.

If there's no difference, head east.
>>
No. 619224 ID: 9a8629

aye, east's the way to go.
>>
No. 619229 ID: 72c7be
File 142087743722.jpg - (100.23KB , 1008x720 , D80 – North by East.jpg )
619229

>head east.
>aye, east's the way to go.
Albertina goes east, and then north.
>>
No. 619230 ID: 72c7be
File 142087746233.jpg - (49.66KB , 432x432 , D81 - A Simple Room.jpg )
619230

rolled 2, 1, 5 = 8

:Sparkling: Schrii!

Combat Initiated.
10 Required
>>
No. 619231 ID: 72c7be
File 142087763794.jpg - (49.66KB , 432x432 , D82 - Initiative Lost.jpg )
619231

rolled 1, 3, 1 = 5

The Monster reacts quicker than the group and leaps forward to attack.

Defense 14
>>
No. 619235 ID: 72c7be
File 142087790221.jpg - (65.46KB , 432x432 , D83 - Three.jpg )
619235

The Monster misses by a mile.

Input Required.
>>
No. 619242 ID: 69ab8d

Kill it.

Mags, use gravity on the bug so it'll have a hard time evading / attacking under the weigh (I'm assuming gravity is smite targeting, not beam?), Albertina, stab it.
>>
No. 619244 ID: 72c7be
File 142088069350.jpg - (67.19KB , 432x432 , D84 - Albertina Slash Attack.jpg )
619244

rolled 5, 5 = 10

Albertina pulls out their dagger. [-1 AP]
Albertina attacks. [-2 AP, turn over]

10 Required
>>
No. 619245 ID: 72c7be
File 142088102253.jpg - (67.40KB , 432x432 , D85 - More Like Kindling.jpg )
619245

In an impressive display of competence Albertina defeats the Sparkling in single attack.

:Albertina: “Woo, two for two!” Or two for five, but who’s counting?
:Luise: Everything went better than expected.
:Magdalena: I could have done that.

Input Required.
>>
No. 619263 ID: d3be40

Loot the monster, and drag its corpse into the previous room. If you use it to trigger the traps you might obtain the herbs.
>>
No. 619268 ID: 9a8629

teabag the sparkling and go north
>>
No. 619269 ID: 9a8629

also, foodify it.
>>
No. 619276 ID: 01745f

Take whatever can quickly be converted to food, then continue onwards.
>>
No. 619280 ID: 72c7be
File 142091258268.jpg - (104.63KB , 1008x720 , D86 - North ish.jpg )
619280

>Loot the monster
>also, foodify it.
>Take whatever can quickly be converted to food

Gained 1 Food.

>go north
>continue onwards.

The group heads north... until the hallway flips around and sends them slightly south.
>>
No. 619281 ID: 72c7be
File 142091260369.jpg - (90.02KB , 864x432 , D87 - Connected Room.jpg )
619281

rolled 2, 1, 3 = 6

:Albertina: "What the fuck is that?"
:Magdalena: A charger. Scatter.
:Albertina: "What the fuck is a charger!"

:ChargerDescender: "Uraaah!"

8 Required
>>
No. 619282 ID: 72c7be
File 142091286325.jpg - (92.25KB , 864x432 , D88 - Preparing for Impact.jpg )
619282

The first Monster digs its fists into the ground and prepares for an attack. [-3 AP, Turn Over]
The second one has not noticed the group.

Input Required.
>>
No. 619284 ID: bd1216

Lou to the NW corner, Al to the SE corner, Mags use gravity on that bastard. maybe it'll go off balance.
>>
No. 619285 ID: 69ab8d

I'd suggest everyone immediately backing out of the room, but we'd probably get the group splattered in the doorway.

It only has a single eye. A knife or spell in that eye would be pretty useful.
>>
No. 619286 ID: 72c7be
File 142091517867.jpg - (147.61KB , 864x432 , D89 - Gravity.jpg )
619286

rolled 6 = 6

>Lou to the NW corner
Luise moves 2 spaces. [-1 AP]
Luise draws her mace. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

>Al to the SE corner
Albertina moves 1 space. [-1 AP]
Albertina moves 1 space. [-1 AP]
Albertina draws their dagger. [-1 AP]

>Mags use gravity on that bastard
Magdalena moves 3 spaces. [-1 AP]
Magdalena casts Gravity. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

6 Required
>>
No. 619288 ID: 72c7be
File 142091616546.jpg - (103.97KB , 864x432 , D90 - Super Effective.jpg )
619288

Magdalena’s gravity spell hits!
Magdalena’s gravity spell deals 2 damage.
The first charger is defeated.
Discovered chargers are weak to gravity.

:Magdalena: That actually worked…
:Albertina: What was that?
:Magdalena: “Er… I mean, of course. Chargers are easy to dispatch for a mage of my power. Now let’s take care of that other one.”
>>
No. 619289 ID: 72c7be
File 142091635409.jpg - (102.65KB , 864x432 , D91 - Prep Work.jpg )
619289

The second charger becomes aware of the groups presence.
The second charger moves 2 spaces, up to the spiky rock. [-1 AP]
The second charger ends its turn early.

Input Required.
>>
No. 619291 ID: 69ab8d

These 1 in 6 spell rolls are just killing me. I can't believe we took that one out that fast.

The next charger is going to have to push or shatter that rock to get past it. I suggest we move out of the way, while Mags tries to drop a gravity on it.
>>
No. 619293 ID: bd1216

so spells have no cost? spam gravity from across the room.
>>
No. 619294 ID: 01745f

Mags moves up one diagonal one to be out of the way if the rock get pushed, then if possible casts gravity between the charger and the rock.
>>
No. 619298 ID: d3be40

Letting the charger bash through the rocks to disarm the passage is an option, but I do NOT recommend it. The blast radius is probably REALLY high and there aren't enough cover spaces for everyone. It's possible that the blast will affect the entire room and the enemy might take advantage of the explosion.

Cast gravity, throw a knife, just kill the charger before it does something you're going to regret. If you miss, move out of the way of the blast radius.

>>619293
Spells probably affect morale or food, or cause detrimental effects on the casters if used too frequently. Still, Magdalena should be ready to cast gravity again... right?
>>
No. 619408 ID: 72c7be
File 142095818387.jpg - (137.40KB , 864x432 , D92 - Gravity___ Again.jpg )
619408

rolled 3 = 3

>I suggest we move out of the way, while Mags tries to drop a gravity on it.
>so spells have no cost? spam gravity from across the room.
:Magdalena: Casting a spell is about as exhausting as employing a weapon.
>>
No. 619410 ID: 72c7be
File 142095844122.jpg - (108.81KB , 864x432 , D92 - Tough Hide.jpg )
619410

rolled 4, 5 = 9

Magdalena misses casting Gravity [-2 AP]
>Mags moves up one diagonal one to be out of the way if the rock get pushed
Magdalena moves one space. [-1 AP, Turn over]

>Cast gravity, throw a knife, just kill the charger before it does something you're going to regret. If you miss, move out of the way of the blast radius.
Albertina moves one space [-1 AP]
Albertina throws their dagger [-2 AP, Turn Over]

10 Required
>>
No. 619411 ID: 72c7be
File 142095872725.jpg - (101.55KB , 864x432 , D93 - A Risky Advance.jpg )
619411

rolled 2, 4 = 6

:Albertina: “Damn.”
Discovered Chargers are tougher against physical attacks.

Luise moves three spaces. [-1 AP]
Luise attacks with her mace. [-2 AP, turn over]
>>
No. 619412 ID: 72c7be
File 142095888729.jpg - (109.40KB , 864x432 , D95 - Charging for Impact.jpg )
619412

:ChargerDescender: "Rehru!"
The Charger digs its fists into the ground and prepares for an attack. [-3 AP, Turn Over]

Input Required.
>>
No. 619413 ID: 69ab8d

Luise, the the hell out of there.

Our only way to hurt that thing is magic, and we only have a 1 in 6 shot of it working.

Can we up the odds, at all? Maybe the empathic bond- can the others concentrate and forgo their own (ineffective) attacks to stack accuracy? I mean, it would basically be triangulation.

Or... if Mags doesn't move, does she get a bonus from firing a second time from a stationary position at a stationary target? (Being able to adjust aim and zero in over a sequence of shots).
>>
No. 619415 ID: d3be40

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

Luise, either get northwest of the charger, or RUN AWAY.

Magdalena, casting the same spell too frequently may be dangerous, but Luise could die! This thing doesn't have much health but it is resistant to physical attacks - cast gravity until it's dead!

Albertina, if Luise gets injured close the distance and distract the charger while Magdalena fires gravity spells!
>>
No. 619419 ID: 72c7be
File 142096082602.jpg - (111.59KB , 864x432 , D96 - Attack and Retreat.jpg )
619419

rolled 3, 4 = 7

>Luise, the the hell out of there.
>NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
>Luise, either get northwest of the charger, or RUN AWAY.
:Albertina: Get back!
:Luise: I'm not going to just sit in place when I can do something.

Luise attacks. [-2 AP]
Luise moves 3 spaces. [-1 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 619422 ID: 72c7be
File 142096123325.jpg - (129.53KB , 864x432 , D97 - The Gravity of the Situation.jpg )
619422

rolled 3, 3 = 6

>This thing doesn't have much health but it is resistant to physical attacks - cast gravity until it's dead!
>Can we up the odds, at all?
>Maybe the empathic bond- can the others concentrate and forgo their own (ineffective) attacks to stack accuracy? I mean, it would basically be triangulation.
Empathic bonds work in the background of the mind, so as not to harm the non-empaths involved.
>Or... if Mags doesn't move, does she get a bonus from firing a second time from a stationary position at a stationary target? (Being able to adjust aim and zero in over a sequence of shots).

Help Menu:
Aim: Aim is an action that costs 1 AP and increases Accuracy by 1 until the next turn. Up to a cap of +3. This bonus is also lost if the target being aimed at moves out of sight, or if the one aiming is attacked.

Magdalena aims. [-1 AP]
Magdalena casts Gravity. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 619424 ID: 72c7be
File 142096178696.jpg - (106.73KB , 864x432 , D98 - Crunch.jpg )
619424

The Charger is defeated.
:Magdalena: “Ah… yes. I told you it would be a simple matter.”
Gained 4 Food.

Input Required.
>>
No. 619427 ID: 69ab8d

>aim
That's fantastic. With 2d6 Mags gets a whopping 72% chance of rolling 6 or better. Our new battle tactic is now screening her and giving her the chance to aim unmolested.

>what do
Collect thrown knife, tell Mags good work.

Continue to next door. Don't forget to check for traps under the rock, or on the door. It would be a cheap trick to leave a trap just when the monsters were dealt with and things appear safe, but I wouldn't put anything past this place.
>>
No. 619437 ID: 72c7be
File 142096369442.jpg - (60.15KB , 720x432 , D99 - The Northern Entrance.jpg )
619437

>Collect thrown knife, tell Mags good work.
:Luise: "Thank you."
:Albertina: "Thanks..." I guess.

>Continue to next door.

>Don't forget to check for traps under the rock, or on the door.
:Albertina: I never forget to check for traps.

Albertina and company reach the Northern entrance, but it's empty.

:Albertina: "Perhaps we passed her?"
:Luise: "This room looks completely untouched."
:Magdalena: "Maybe they're a mage, like me. Some mages can conceal their tracks."
:Albertina: Was hoping for a combatant...

Input Required.
>>
No. 619439 ID: 69ab8d

>chest
Tempting, but we can't afford to risk another trap right now.

>Perhaps we passed her?
Unless the gargoyle has a means to bypass the Chargers without fighting them, they didn't go the way we just entered.

Head west. They must have gone that way.
>>
No. 619440 ID: d3be40

Ignore the treasure chest for now. If the fourth person left it unopened, they may have realized that there was a trap beyond what they were capable of disarming. It's in a starting room, so you should be able to come back to it later.

Continue onward. Be careful but try to make it to the last person before they get killed.
>>
No. 619442 ID: 72c7be
File 142096534650.jpg - (82.40KB , 432x432 , D100 - The Gate.jpg )
619442

>Ignore the treasure chest for now.
>Tempting, but we can't afford to risk another trap right now.
:Albertina: But the prize...

>Unless the gargoyle has a means to bypass the Chargers without fighting them, they didn't go the way we just entered.
:Magdalena: "They must be to the west somewhere."
:Albertina: But that's the way I came from...

>Head west. They must have gone that way.
>Continue onward. Be careful but try to make it to the last person before they get killed.
Albertina and the ground head west into a new room.

It contains four echo crystals that fill the room with sounds not dissimilar from a meadow.
Disturbing that sound is an unnatural buzz coming from a slight indention in the ground, inside of which is a glowing image of Echidna's constellation.
Because no one wants to step on or over it, it is very cramped.

Input Required.
>>
No. 619488 ID: bd1216

man, I don't get crystals.

retrace your steps until you get to a door you didn't enter. enter that door.
>>
No. 619502 ID: 69ab8d

Three different crystal colors- they each respond to a different sound? If so, this puzzle would take at a minimum of three voices to solve. (Well, unless some of the sounds are non-vocal).

Could we see the map, as we've explored so far? I'd like to consider how we could have missed the gargoyle.
>>
No. 619559 ID: 72c7be
File 142101103308.jpg - (111.94KB , 1008x720 , D101 - Oh Where Oh Where Has My Gargoyle Gone.jpg )
619559

>retrace your steps until you get to a door you didn't enter. enter that door.
:Albertina: "Alright, let's go back."
:Luise: "What, why?"
:Albertina: "She must have slipped past us."

>Could we see the map, as we've explored so far? I'd like to consider how we could have missed the gargoyle.
:Magdalena: "I find that unlikely. They'd have to have passed through the chargers without causing either to disturb the rock in the room. In my experience Chargers will break straight through rock to get to their prey."

>Three different crystal colors- they each respond to a different sound? If so, this puzzle would take at a minimum of three voices to solve. (Well, unless some of the sounds are non-vocal).
:Albertina: "Well there's not much we can do in here, except solve this puzzle."
:Magdalena: "It's... already solved through."
:Albertina: "What makes you say that?"
:Magdalena: "The crystals are clearly providing magic to the sign of the ground."
:Luise: "Okay, but what does it do?"

The pages in the Tome of Chaos glow.
Luise opens the Tome of Chaos.

:Luise: "... Oh, it's blood magic."
:Magdalena: Oh yay... impotent backwater witchcraft. Figures that would be what's in the Deep One's tome.
:Luise: "... Excuse me?"
:Albertina: "Anyways! Does it say anything useful about what it is?"
:Luise: "It's a gate... for teleportation."


Input Required.
>>
No. 619562 ID: 69ab8d

...well, then we know where the gargoyle went. Can we tell if the teleportation gate is one way?

I mean, I'd like to complete the group, but it would be foolish to not collect all the resources on this floor before leaving. (Also, we really need to stop, heal up, and make potions at some point).
>>
No. 619564 ID: d9999b

I can't really tell where on that map we've been or which doors we didn't open. or where we even are, for that matter.
>>
No. 619568 ID: 72c7be
File 142101472994.jpg - (151.66KB , 1008x720 , D102 - Oh Where Oh Where Could He Be.jpg )
619568

>...well, then we know where the gargoyle went. Can we tell if the teleportation gate is one way?
:Luise: The Tome of Chaos does not say and none of us know blood magic. It is unclear if it is one way or not.

>I can't really tell where on that map we've been or which doors we didn't open. or where we even are, for that matter.

Help Menu
Red Dot: Current Location
A: Area explored by Albertina
L: Area explored by Luise
M: Area explored by Magdalena
>>
No. 619571 ID: 69ab8d

Considering you're not supposed to come back from this, and that this whole thing is about containing Echidna, I strongly suspect that the teleportation leads down to the next floor.

I feel like we should heal up, make potions, and finish gather resources / exploring this floor before we move onwards.

If we're lucky, I'm wrong and the teleport comes out somewhere on this floor, and we'll find the gargoyle.
>>
No. 619583 ID: d9999b

yeah, take the eastern door like four rooms back.
>>
No. 619722 ID: 72c7be
File 142103920170.jpg - (96.71KB , 720x720 , D103 - The Rocky Room.jpg )
619722

rolled 4, 4, 4 = 12

>yeah, take the eastern door like four rooms back.

Albertina and company go back to an unexplored room.
:Sparkling: Skrii
:Luise: Not again...

10 Required
>>
No. 619724 ID: 72c7be
File 142103926982.jpg - (117.59KB , 720x720 , D104 - Advantage.jpg )
619724

The group reacts faster than the monsters.
Input Required.
>>
No. 619725 ID: 69ab8d

Gravity, aim and splat.

If that misses, aim and knife throw.

If they're still alive, end turn, let them try to close while we hold a defensive position.
>>
No. 619730 ID: d9999b

>>619725

this, except ignore the far one if the close one dies. better let it walk into melee range and shank and bash it.
>>
No. 619732 ID: 72c7be
File 142104008649.jpg - (154.12KB , 720x720 , D105 - Tried and True.jpg )
619732

rolled 3, 4 = 7

Magdalena aims. [-1 AP]
Magdalena casts Gravity. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

6 Required

Help Menu
Area of Effect Abilities: If an Area of Effect ability targets multiple creatures one roll is applied to each of their defenses.
>>
No. 619734 ID: 72c7be
File 142104051442.jpg - (90.04KB , 720x720 , D106 - Done and Done.jpg )
619734

:Magdalena: “Well that was trivial.”

Albertina searches the room for traps.
There are no traps.
>>
No. 619735 ID: 72c7be
File 142104053888.jpg - (157.60KB , 1008x720 , D107 - Ugly Map Check.jpg )
619735

:Magdalena: “This door leads back to where I entered the Dungeon.”
:Luise: So now we’re going around in circles.
:Albertina: At least we aren’t running from monsters every five seconds…

Input Required.
>>
No. 619744 ID: 69ab8d

Okay. We didn't check the chest in the gargoyle entrance yet. And we bypassed the trapped garden before, which is probably good for some herbs for potion making. And we have a few unopened doors to check. And the puzzle Alberina had to leave unsolved due to being outnumbered by three bugs.

Besides that, ask Mags if there's anything in the areas they explored worth doubling back for.

...simplest plan might be to disarm the trapped garden for herbs, then settle in to make potions, rest and heal up before finishing exploring this floor and then taking the teleporter.

Which kind of sucks for the gargoyle, but if we don't stop and get healed up at some point, people are going to start dying as soon as we run into something we can't quickly one-shot.
>>
No. 619750 ID: d9999b

move two rooms west, enter west-facing door
>>
No. 619754 ID: 72c7be
File 142104205843.jpg - (92.13KB , 720x720 , D108 – The Sins of Man.jpg )
619754

rolled 5, 6 = 11

>...simplest plan might be to disarm the trapped garden for herbs, then settle in to make potions, rest and heal up before finishing exploring this floor and then taking the teleporter.
The party returns to the garden room.
Albertina attempts to disarm the garden trap.

10 Required.
>>
No. 619763 ID: 72c7be
File 142104339170.jpg - (115.85KB , 800x465 , D109 - Camp.jpg )
619763

Albertina disarms the pressure plates around the garden, and then picks the herbs.
Gained 4 Herbs.

The group sits down to rest, eat and make potions.
Luise uses 6 Herbs to make 6 Health Potions.
Luise, Magdalena and Albertina become hungry.
Magdalena makes 5 Cooked Food from 5 Food.

Everyone eats until full. No cooked food remains.
Everyone drinks health potions until full healed. 1 Health Potion remains. It is given to Luise.

>Besides that, ask Mags if there's anything in the areas they explored worth doubling back for.
:Albertina: “Was there anything you saw in the rooms before we met up that we could use?”
:Magdalena: “A bunch of crystals, one exploded on me… probably not of any use.”
>>
No. 619765 ID: 72c7be
File 142104348902.jpg - (187.10KB , 700x536 , D110 - Status.jpg )
619765

Everyone is tired.

:Luise: “Better get going before people become too sleepy.”
>>
No. 619766 ID: 72c7be
File 142104351230.jpg - (43.90KB , 432x288 , D111 - Lockdown.jpg )
619766

>move two rooms west, enter west-facing door
As Albertina and company enter the next room they encounter a serpentine monster with four arms. It is armor and carries a large shield on each side. The doors audibly lock.
>>
No. 619767 ID: 72c7be
File 142104356226.jpg - (30.72KB , 108x180 , D112 - Sentinel.jpg )
619767

:SentinelDescender: “Halt. You harm not my sisters. You die here.”

Input Required.
>>
No. 619768 ID: d9999b

inform the whatever that is that you have no intentions of harming its sisters.
>>
No. 619769 ID: 01745f

Ask who their sisters are. Is this whole thing as much a bloody ritual for them as it is for us?
>>
No. 619774 ID: 69ab8d

Time to hope bartering applies to social negotiations.

Explain to the creature that you have no quarrel with it, or it's sisters, unless it gives us one. This need not end in bloodshed.

None of you have entered this dungeon by choice, and so far, you have only defended yourself against creatures that attacked you.

If they won't deal: Albertina takes point, Luise and Albertina screen Mags so they can aim and drop spells unmolested.
>>
No. 619778 ID: 72c7be
File 142104475281.jpg - (50.68KB , 432x288 , D113 - Diplomacy.jpg )
619778

rolled 1, 6, 5, 1, 3 = 16

>inform the whatever that
:Magdalena: The Tome identifies it as a Drakaina. It's basically the mortal form of whatever the hell Echidna was.

>is that you have no intentions of harming its sisters.
>Explain to the creature that you have no quarrel with it, or it's sisters, unless it gives us one. This need not end in bloodshed.
:Albertina: "I don't have any intention of harming your sisters."
:SentinelDescender: "Lies. Monsters always lie. Every year, monsters come and kill our sisters."

>Ask who their sisters are.
:Luise: "Who are your sisters exactly?"
:SentinelDescender: "Drakaina, Gorgons, Scylla. All sisters. You kill them all. Again and again. It stop today."

>Is this whole thing as much a bloody ritual for them as it is for us?
:Magdalena: That would appear to be a yes.

>None of you have entered this dungeon by choice, and so far, you have only defended yourself against creatures that attacked you.
:Albertina: “We didn’t come here by choice, and we haven’t attacked anyone who hasn’t attacked us first.”

16 Required
>>
No. 619780 ID: 72c7be

The original roll was 21. But the post had to be reuploaded to fix and icon error. The 21 is counted, not that it matters since the second roll was also high enough.
>>
No. 619784 ID: 72c7be
File 142104517015.jpg - (46.58KB , 432x288 , D114 - Liars.jpg )
619784

:SentinelDescender: “Even if say won’t kill. Will kill. Have to kill to get out. Just like Scylla. Just like always. Just like the sneaky one.”
:UnknownDescender: “Oh, I thought you’d forgotten about me.”
:SentinelDescender: “Will not forget until you are broken.”
:UnknownDescender: “Too bad for both of us the door’s locked then.”

Input Required.
>>
No. 619786 ID: d3be40

Barter with her. Tell her that you're willing to smuggle her and some of her sisters out of the tower, but only if she and her sisters can help you escape. And of course, prevent an all-out war resulting in genocide.

And that you're just as willing to mercilessly pummel her, loot her corpse, and do the same with her sisters until you leave the tower or die.

In the end, you're not so different - reasonable but vicious. You can work together to get out of this tower and on with your lives. Or you can fight to the death with honor.

Your choice. (Emphasize giving her the right to choose, like any other mortal.)
>>
No. 619789 ID: 69ab8d

>Have to kill to get out
Do you mean someone has to die before the doors open? We have other options. Albertina could try to pick the locks, or bypass the trap mechanism. Or failing that, we could just break the doors down. I mean, knocking down a door, or blowing a hole in a wall should be in a mage's power.

I'm not a murderer. I'm a merchant. I deal. I've been forced here to fight for my life, and I'm not going to try to kill you unless you try to kill me first.

It's three on one. I admire your willingness to protect your family, but will you throw your life away? You don't protect anyone throwing yourself on our swords.
>>
No. 619790 ID: 69ab8d

>>619786
Offering to smuggle anyone out is an offer in bad faith, since we can't even get out ourselves.
>>
No. 619791 ID: 72c7be
File 142104660604.jpg - (47.44KB , 432x288 , D115 - Heresy.jpg )
619791

rolled 5, 6, 5, 5, 6 = 27

>It's three on one. I admire your willingness to protect your family, but will you throw your life away? You don't protect anyone throwing yourself on our swords.
>You're just as willing to mercilessly pummel her, loot her corpse, and do the same with her sisters until you leave the tower or die.
:Magdalena: "It's three on one, you're outnumber. Throwing your life away will not help"
:SentinelDescender: "You are small. You all are small. Like Scylla. I am not small."

>Do you mean someone has to die before the doors open? We have other options. Albertina could try to pick the locks, or bypass the trap mechanism. Or failing that, we could just break the doors down. I mean, knocking down a door, or blowing a hole in a wall should be in a mage's power.
:Albertina: "Someone has to die to open the doors?"
:SentinelDescender: "Yes. Many must die for Mother's freedom."
:Albertina: "There has to be another way."
:SentinelDescender: "Few think that way."
:Albertina: "Well I do."

>I'm not a murderer. I'm a merchant. I deal. I've been forced here to fight for my life, and I'm not going to try to kill you unless you try to kill me first.
>You can work together to get out of this tower and on with your lives. Or you can fight to the death with honor.
:Albertina: "Look, I'm not going to fight you unless I have to. We can make a deal."
:SentinelDescender: "What deal?"


>Barter with her. Tell her that you're willing to smuggle her and some of her sisters out of the tower, but only if she and her sisters can help you escape. And of course, prevent an all-out war resulting in genocide.
:Albertina: "We find a way to open the gates, and we'll let you and your sisters go. Provided you don't interfere and don't start killing people when you're free."
:Magdalena::Luise: What?!

Lost Magdalena and Luise's support.

Help Menu:
Group rolls use the combined traits of each party member and the highest stat from among the party to determine rolls.
If a group no longer supports their leader, an individual roll is made instead.
Disagreement within a group can lead to a loss of morale, food, or health depending on how strongly individual characters feel.

16 Required
>>
No. 619794 ID: d3be40

Reason for heresy: hypocrisy and ignorance of the Guardians.

This can't go on forever. Every year, the four civilizations send one of their own to prove their worth as mortals. And in recent times, those who have been selected by the Guardians are usually social outcasts, pariahs, and criminals.

These four are supposed to represent the nature and will of the four civilizations, but most of the time they simply DON'T. What's worse, they're thrown in with a knife, a tome of eldritch lore, and whatever they had on them before the doors were locked behind them, without any food or water. By the time they meet one of the sentient monsters, they're probably exhausted, terrified, and/or angry. It's no wonder they mercilessly murder the daughters of Echidna - they're already broken by the time they meet one.

Tell her and your allies this. This cycle is non-sustainable. Your people are sacrificed, her people are slaughtered. One day, the tower will open, and if the four are still terrified of a people that they don't understand and the one is now seething in anger for all the sisters dead, there will likely be a war that ends in death.

There may be a way to stop this. Or maybe not. But you know how desperate everyone in the room is. You needn't choose death today.
>>
No. 619797 ID: 69ab8d

Hey cool. It looks like the dice really came through when we needed them. All 5s and 6s!

>heresy, what!
You're priests. Doesn't every faith say something about not wronging others, or doing evil unto others? Or injunctions against murder? I have no problem killing monsters. I have a problem killing people without good reason and the snake-tail here is acting like a person.

This whole tower curse comes from the gods being disgusted with the fighting, anyways.
>>
No. 619809 ID: 01745f

Wasn't this whole tower thing supposed to be set up by the elder gods' disgust at the violence of the war? How does it make sense then that the plan now is to have ongoing violence indefinitely until what, one group is slightly better at it and kills off the other entirely?
>>
No. 619826 ID: 72c7be
File 142104952184.jpg - (55.92KB , 432x288 , D116 - If it will help my sea level go down.jpg )
619826

:SentinelDescender: “… Alright. Seek Scylla. She likes monsters. She wants peace.”
:Albertina: “Thank you. Where is she?”
:SentinelDescender: “Floor Ninety. Captured by Tithonus.”
:Albertina: “N-ninety? That’s going to be forever.”
:SentinelDescender: “… It only nine floors.”
:Albertina: “… Oh! You count this floor as the hundredth floor. Okay, got it.”

The door behind the Sentinel opens.

:Alfons: “I see. The door here leads to the next level.”
:SentinelDescender: “But… the door.”
:Alfons: “It was never locked.”
:SentinelDescender: “Monster lies again.”
:Albertina: “Sorry about that, we should get going. I’ll have a talk with my new… associate over here.”
:Alfons: “Yes, I think that’d be wise. But we can’t go down to the next level. The lock required five stones, I have none.”

:Luise: “We have two.”
:SentinelDescender: “I have one.”

The drakaina tosses Albertina an onyx.
:Albertina: “Thank you. We’ll go searching then.”
:SentinelDescender: “I will stay.”
>>
No. 619832 ID: 72c7be
File 142105012616.jpg - (247.05KB , 700x700 , D117 - Crestfallen.jpg )
619832

Magdalena escorts everyone except the Drakaina back to the garden.

:Magdalena: "Okay. What the hell, human?"
:Luise: "I am uncomfortable lying to the Drakaina..."
:Albertina: "I... wasn't lying."
:Luise: "I feared as much... but wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt."
:Alfons: "I on the other hand, am perfectly comfortable lying to the monsters."
:Albertina: "I can see that."

>You're priests. Doesn't every faith say something about not wronging others, or doing evil unto others? Or injunctions against murder? I have no problem killing monsters. I have a problem killing people without good reason and the snake-tail here is acting like a person.
:Albertina: "Look, I don't like monsters as much as the next person. But that... woman talked like we do, and made sense. That makes her a person in my book."
:Alfons: "Your book isn't the one that matters."

>This whole tower curse comes from the gods being disgusted with the fighting, anyways.
>Wasn't this whole tower thing supposed to be set up by the elder gods' disgust at the violence of the war? How does it make sense then that the plan now is to have ongoing violence indefinitely until what, one group is slightly better at it and kills off the other entirely?
:Albertina: "The gods didn't want us to fight anyways."
:Alfons: "That is... one interpretation of the legend. Another might say that it was put here to protect us until we developed the means to destroy those who threatened us on our own terms."

>This can't go on forever. Every year, the four civilizations send one of their own to prove their worth as mortals. And in recent times, those who have been selected by the Guardians are usually social outcasts, pariahs, and criminals.
>These four are supposed to represent the nature and will of the four civilizations, but most of the time they simply DON'T. What's worse, they're thrown in with a knife, a tome of eldritch lore, and whatever they had on them before the doors were locked behind them, without any food or water. By the time they meet one of the sentient monsters, they're probably exhausted, terrified, and/or angry. It's no wonder they mercilessly murder the daughters of Echidna - they're already broken by the time they meet one.
>This cycle is non-sustainable. Your people are sacrificed, her people are slaughtered. One day, the tower will open, and if the four are still terrified of a people that they don't understand and the one is now seething in anger for all the sisters dead, there will likely be a war that ends in death.

:Albertina: "This isn't a sustainable cycle. I'm a merchant. I'm not a noble hero or a prophet. Neither are any of you."
:Magdalena: Well Hero may be a slight oversell...
:Albertina: "They send us in here year after year with no food, no water, and barely any equipment and tell us to kill a god. Even if someone finally does accomplish that the monsters are just going to start a war in revenge. This prison can't last forever."
:Magdalena: "Which is why we have to kill every monster in it. No monsters, no Echidna, no new generation of monsters to ever plague our world again."
:Albertina: "Well excuse me if I'm not comfortable committing genocide!"

>There may be a way to stop this. Or maybe not. But you know how desperate everyone in the room is. You needn't choose death today.
:Alfons: "... You are too idealistic, but one Drakaina spared now will not decide the fate of the world today. Let us continue, and sort this out later."

:Alfons: "By the way, I'm Alfons of Heightlost. A... pleasure to meet you."
:Albertina: "I don't suppose you're a warrior...?"
:Alfons: "I used to kill heretics for the church."
:Albertina: "... Great."

Albertina loses one morale. Albertina is crestfallen.

Bio Unlocked: Alfons of Heightlost

Alfons was the first child and heir apparent to a noble household. That is, until the head of the family was found guilty of foul play and the entire clan stripped of their nobility. Alfons found a life in the church, employing skills he had honed for the use of his corrupt family to do the will of Aeon, or the will of the local high priest at any rate. Alfons was selected and bonded with the Tome of Aeon on the day of Sacrifice, drank too much wine on the Day of Feasting, and made peace with his family on the Day of Anticipation. After that he was guided to the dungeon and entered the first room. He quickly found a teleporter and solved a series of puzzles that lead him to the entrance to the next floor, which was locked, and no exit except through a drakaina sentinel.

Input Required.
>>
No. 619834 ID: d9999b

what's the tome of Aeon do
what do an assassin's skills entail
and does that unchecked door one room to the south lead to the same room
>>
No. 619835 ID: d3be40

>>619832
Maybe not, but this choice proves that you aren't completely hopeless psychopaths.

Yet.

Alright, introduce yourself politely.
>>
No. 619838 ID: 69ab8d

>one Drakaina spared now will not decide the fate of the world today. Let us continue, and sort this out later
Agreed. We do what we have to try and stay alive for now, and we'll worry about committing genocide or deicide if and when those become possible.

I imagine it's not as simple as killing everything we come across anyways. Someone or something has to set the room and traps up in advance.

>what do
Offer some of your food to your new companion, since he hasn't eaten. Then let's see about finding that last gem.

There's still the chest in Alfons' entrance, the puzzle crystals with the bugs on Albertina's route to check, and several unopened doors.

>crestfallen
Take solace in the fact that you actually completed a successful negotiation today, against all odds, and the priests didn't burn you at the stake for heresy or anything.
>>
No. 619841 ID: 72c7be
File 142105276384.jpg - (159.22KB , 1008x720 , D118 - Almost Cleared.jpg )
619841

>Alright, introduce yourself politely.
:Albertina: "I'm Albertina of Skygate"
:Luise: "I'm Luise of Psiglen"
:Magdalena: "Magdalena of Vulkras"
:Alfons: "A pleasure to meet you."

>Offer some of your food to your new companion, since he hasn't eaten.
:Albertina: "We could cook up some food… I’m assuming you haven't eaten."
:Alfons: "I'd appreciate that."

Albertina makes 1 cooked food from 1 food.

>what's the tome of Aeon do
:Luise: "Anything show up in your tome yet?"
:Alfons: "Not a thing, but I haven't really been exposed to too much of the dungeon."

>what do an assassin's skills entail
:Alfons: Murder primarily.

Help Menu:
The Assassin specialization provides the Cloak and Dagger trait.

>Then let's see about finding that last gem.
The group has a Sapphire, Ruby, and Onyx. Two more stones are required to open the stairwell.

>There's still the chest in Alfons' entrance, the puzzle crystals with the bugs on Albertina's route to check, and several unopened doors.
:Albertina: "Lots of places we can go..."

>crestfallen
>Take solace in the fact that you actually completed a successful negotiation today, against all odds, and the priests didn't burn you at the stake for heresy or anything.
:Albertina: Cold comfort... given I'm walking to my death surrounded by my least favorite type of person in the world.

Alfons finishes his meal.

Input Required.
>>
No. 619844 ID: 69ab8d

>Cold comfort... given I'm walking to my death surrounded by my least favorite type of person in the world.
Well hey. You've discovered that their might be other people down here after all. So not necessarily.

>where go
Let's try the chest in the north entrance first, then the unchecked door SE of that. Getting the chest now means less backtracking later.
>>
No. 619845 ID: 72c7be
File 142105492346.jpg - (95.58KB , 720x768 , D119 - The Maze.jpg )
619845

>Let's try the chest in the north entrance. Getting the chest now means less backtracking later.
The chest contains 1 herb. However you lose your last key.

>first, then the unchecked door SE of that.
:Albertina: "Oh this place looks fine."
:Luise: I'm rather concerned actually
:Albertina: ...
:Alfons: "Is there a conversation going on I'm not a part of."
:Luise: "Oh, right."

Luise forms a bond with Alfons.
The group explores the maze.

Input required.
>>
No. 619853 ID: d9999b

search the whole room for secrets, if you find nothing, go through the closest unchecked door
>>
No. 619869 ID: 69ab8d

The middle is empty? That's weird. Or it's just not showing anything because no one has gotten there yet?

No pings from trap-sense?
>>
No. 619934 ID: 72c7be
File 142110271572.jpg - (39.19KB , 162x180 , D120 -Topaz Pursuer.jpg )
619934

rolled 3, 3, 5 = 11

>The middle is empty? That's weird. Or it's just not showing anything because no one has gotten there yet?
No one could see what was in the middle.
Knit i Note: Also the map was drawn wrong so the fog of war stand in did not show up.

>search the whole room for secrets
>No pings from trap-sense?
:Albertina: "Seems all clear to me."

Magdalena spots a creature.
:Magdalena: All clear my-

14 Required
>>
No. 619936 ID: 72c7be
File 142110286917.jpg - (101.70KB , 720x768 , D121 - Pursuers OP.jpg )
619936

rolled 3, 1, 6, 3 = 13

The monster moves 2 spaces. [-1 AP]
The monster attacks Magdalena. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

10 Required
>>
No. 619938 ID: 72c7be
File 142110307626.jpg - (103.93KB , 720x768 , D122 - A Bite Out of Crime.jpg )
619938

Magdalena takes one damage.
Luise absorbs the damage taken by Magdalena [-0 AP]

Input required.
>>
No. 619943 ID: 8ca0d0

if al and mags switch places, that sucker will be flanked by two rogues. mags can use gravity spells without collateral damage while lou stays out of the blast zone.

all spare ap should be spent aiming.
>>
No. 619944 ID: 01745f

Mags move down 1 and cast light at it, Alb moves to where she was afterwards and attacks, Alfons flanks and attacks.
>>
No. 619947 ID: d3be40

>>619943
Seconded.

Just be sure to give the enemy a single warning before obliterating them. Have Luise try telepathy to warn the enemy of their truce with the Drakaina, or just have Magdalena shout that (and cast spells). Albertina and Alfons should focus on beating the eneny into surrender or death.
>>
No. 619949 ID: 88960e

There's no point in offering a warning. It attacked first, making it a hostile.
>>
No. 619960 ID: d3be40

>>619949
If they're sentient and we kill them without offering a chance to flee or surrender, the Drakaina girl might consider this a betrayal.

Other than that, you can claim self-defense.
>>
No. 619963 ID: 88960e

>>619960
We said we wouldn't kill her sisters, but that we would fight thing s that attacked first. This attacked first, and it's not the sister on the 9th floor.

Stopping to try and reason with a monster trying to bite us is a monumentally stupid move, and may well cost us what's left of our allies' uncertain faith in us. There's mercy, and then there's insanity.
>>
No. 620067 ID: 72c7be
File 142114075798.jpg - (112.71KB , 720x720 , D123 - Blinded by Light.jpg )
620067

>mags can use gravity spells without collateral damage
:Magdalena: The magical force that manipulates gravity for my spells would be compressed by narrow walls, causing potential backfire to me and my allies, a better idea would be...
>Mags move down 1 and cast light at it
:Magdalena: light.

Magdalena moves 1 space down.[-1 AP]
Magdalena casts Light. [-1 AP, Turn Over]
The monster's magic defense is higher than Magdalena's maximum roll. It takes no damage.

Luise drinks a health potion. [-1 AP]
Luise draws her mace. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 620068 ID: 72c7be
File 142114077839.jpg - (101.58KB , 720x720 , D124 - A Matter of Positioning.jpg )
620068

>if al and mags switch places, that sucker will be flanked by two rogues. while lou stays out of the blast zone.

>Warn the monster
>Do not warn the monster
After a brief internal conflict, Albertina decides not to speak up for fear of repercussions to the group morale.

Albertina moves two spaces. [-1 AP]
:Magdalena: you are in my way
:Albertina: Not like you were hitting anyways.
Albertina draws her dagger. [-1 AP]
>all spare ap should be spent aiming.
Albertina aims. [-1 AP, Turn Over]


>Alfons flanks and attacks.
Alfons silences his actions [-1 AP]
Alfons draws a dagger. [-1 AP]
Alfons moves 4 spaces. [-1 AP, turn over]
>>
No. 620072 ID: 72c7be
File 142114093397.jpg - (104.94KB , 720x720 , D125 - Ghosting.jpg )
620072

rolled 6, 1, 6, 1 = 14

The monster moves 3 spaces, phasing through the walls. [-1 AP]
Albertina’s aim was spoiled.
The monster glows blue, its aura lashes out at Magdalena. [-1 AP]
The monster aims. [-1 AP, Turn Over]
:TopazPursuer: No more!

Magdalena’s Magic Defense: 18
>>
No. 620074 ID: 72c7be
File 142114118421.jpg - (125.81KB , 720x720 , D126 - Magic Resistant.jpg )
620074

Magdalena resists the rival spell.

Input Required.
>>
No. 620128 ID: 01efb5

The Drakaina listed Drakaina, Gorgons, and Scylla as her sisters. We know this isn't Scylla (since she's apparently an individual trapped on floor 9), and this isn't a Drakaina. It might be a Gorgon, although it doesn't look much like the myth, and it's labeled a Topaz Pursuer (unless that's a rank or position).

>"no more", spellcasting
It is sapient, it would seem, though. Problem is, it doesn't look much in the mood for negotiation, and the priests will probably react badly if we try.

I suppose the appropriate retort would be "you attacked first".

>The monster's magic defense is higher than Magdalena's maximum roll.
Ouch. That's unfortunate.

Although I notice now that the topaz pursuer is currently sitting in a space enclosed by three walls. If Mags cast a sonic blast, there would probably be pretty significant amplification, which might be enough to overcome the resistance. (Problem is we're right in front of it. If we reflect sound loud enough to deafen or injure, that would probably backfire on us badly).

>what do
If Mags can't hurt it (safely) she should back out of Alberina's way and consult her book on this creature. Albertina should use her aimed attack.
>>
No. 620151 ID: 72c7be
File 142118272136.jpg - (125.63KB , 720x720 , D127 - Mage Masher.jpg )
620151

rolled 3, 1 = 4

>Mags should consult her book on this creature.
Magdalena moves three spaces. [-1 AP]
Magdalena reads the Tome of Telos. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

:Magdalena: Pursuer... Lesser beasts... Adept at avoiding magic... eat spellcasters... phasing... antimagic aura... telepathy... thought mimicry... vulnerable to ensoul...
:Alfons: Looks like this thing has your number.

Alfons silences his actions. [-1 AP]
Alfons moves back one space. [-1 AP]
Alfons waits. [Turn Over]

Luise moves 15 spaces. [-3 AP, Turn Over]

>Albertina should use her aimed attack.
Albertina's aim was spoiled when the creature broke line of sight with them.

>It might be a Gorgon, although it doesn't look much like the myth, and it's labeled a Topaz Pursuer (unless that's a rank or position).
>It is sapient, it would seem, though. Problem is, it doesn't look much in the mood for negotiation, and the priests will probably react badly if we try.
>I suppose the appropriate retort would be "you attacked first".
:Abertina: "You attacked first!"
:TopazPursuer: Traitor!

Albertina moves one space. [-1 AP]
Albertina attacks. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

Physical Defense: 10
>>
No. 620154 ID: 72c7be
File 142118308895.jpg - (138.01KB , 720x720 , D128 - Aim before the attack.jpg )
620154

rolled 6, 1, 3, 5, 1 = 16

Albertina’s attack missed.
The Pursuer’s aim was spoiled by Magdalena’s movement.

The Pursuer moves 3 spaces, phasing through the walls. [-1 AP]
The Pursuer aims. [-1 AP]
The Pursuer glows blue, its aura lashes out at Magdalena. [-1 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 620156 ID: 72c7be
File 142118321642.jpg - (131.87KB , 720x720 , D129 - Shake It Off.jpg )
620156

Magdalena resists the rival spell.

Input Required.
>>
No. 620162 ID: d3be40

Well, you got communication in. Try to incapacitate the enemy, but attack until they stop moving!

Close in and use heavy attacks! This enemy has magic that acts like super dexterity so deal damage as soon as possible!
>>
No. 620175 ID: 72c7be
File 142119221560.jpg - (131.96KB , 720x720 , D130 - If Only There Was Time To Aim.jpg )
620175

rolled 3, 1 = 4

> Close in and use heavy attacks!

Magdalena aims. +3 Accuracy. [-3 AP, Turn Over]

Alfons moves two spaces. [-1 AP]
Alfons attacks. [-2 AP]
>>
No. 620176 ID: 88960e

Thought mimicking? So maybe not sapient. Maybe it just repeats thought. Would explain the traitor remark after you unsettled your allies.

Mags, keep moving away so it can't aim.

Thieves, close and attack. Aim if possible.
>>
No. 620178 ID: 72c7be
File 142119256210.jpg - (134.40KB , 720x720 , D131 - Endure.jpg )
620178

rolled 6, 6, 4, 4 = 20

Alfons swing goes wide. Alfons is noticed.

Albertina aims. +1 Accuracy. [-1 AP]
Albertina draw their sword. [-2 AP]

Luise moves six spaces. [-1 AP]
Luise aims. +1 Accuracy. [-1 AP]

The Pursuer’s aura lashes out. [-1 AP]
>>
No. 620180 ID: 72c7be
File 142119274642.jpg - (133.90KB , 720x720 , D132 - Crunch.jpg )
620180

rolled 2, 5, 4, 6 = 17

Magdalena fails to resist the spell!
Magdalena’s aim is ruined.
Magdalena is rendered mute.

The Pursuer attacks. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 620181 ID: 72c7be
File 142119312416.jpg - (132.26KB , 720x720 , D133 - Lunge or Thrust Might Be A Good Word.jpg )
620181

rolled 1, 2, 4, 4 = 11

>Mags, keep moving away so it can't aim.

The Pursuer deals one damage to Magdalena.
:Magdalena: What the hell?
:Luise: Focusing…

Magdalena moves five space. [-1 AP]
Magdalena waits. [Turn Over]

>Thieves, close and attack. Aim if possible.
Albertina aims. +2 Accuracy. [-1 AP]
Albertina moves and attacks. [-2 AP]
>>
No. 620183 ID: 72c7be
File 142119344923.jpg - (134.30KB , 720x720 , D134 - Relentless.jpg )
620183

rolled 5, 1, 1 = 7

The monster takes one damage.
:TopazPursuer: Nice one, birdbrain.

Alfons aims. +1 Accuracy. [-1 AP]
Alfons attacks. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 620184 ID: 72c7be
File 142119362015.jpg - (127.73KB , 720x720 , D135 - Bash It's Brains In.jpg )
620184

rolled 4, 4, 5, 3 = 16

Luise aims. +2 Accuracy. [-1 AP]
Luise moves and attacks. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 620187 ID: 72c7be
File 142119407199.jpg - (140.53KB , 720x720 , D136 - Phantom Dance the Night Away.jpg )
620187

Luise’s attack deals one damage to the Pursuer.

The Pursuer moves 5 spaces, passing through the walls. [-2 AP]
The Pursuer aims. [-1 AP, Turn Over]

Input Required.
>>
No. 620188 ID: d3be40

This is going badly. Magdalena, just run to a safe position! Everyone else attack until the enemy stops moving!

The Pursuer only has one health remaining! If you can scare them off...
>>
No. 620193 ID: 88960e

Mags, move next to Luise. Albertina, in front of Mags. That leaves no open space next to the mage for the creature to attack from. Let's see how it likes that.

...if the creature is telepathic, does that leave a channel our empath could use to attack? A mental assault instead of a helpful connection.
>>
No. 620197 ID: 72c7be
File 142119586973.jpg - (127.82KB , 720x720 , D137 - Use Your Head.jpg )
620197

>This is going badly. Magdalena, just run to a safe position!
>Mags, move next to Luise. Albertina, in front of Mags. That leaves no open space next to the mage for the creature to attack from. Let's see how it likes that.

Magdalena moves 5 squares. [-1 AP]
Magdalena waits. [Turn Over]

:Magdalena: Albertina, get in front of me. Luise stay where you are.
:Albertina: On it.

Albertina moves 5 squares. [-1 AP]
Albertina waits. [Turn Over]

Luise waits. [Turn Over]

Alfons silences his movement. [-1 AP]
Alfons moves 10 squares. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

>...if the creature is telepathic, does that leave a channel our empath could use to attack? A mental assault instead of a helpful connection.
:Luise: I'm not that kind of empath.
>>
No. 620203 ID: 72c7be
File 142119631049.jpg - (129.89KB , 720x720 , D138 - Enraged.jpg )
620203

rolled 3, 6, 1, 6 = 16

:TopazPursuer: That’s right stupid, take the bait.
:TopazPursuer: Not going to die here, not going to die here.
:TopazPursuer: So useless…

The Pursuer moves 3 spaces.[-1 AP]
The Pursuer bites at Albertina. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 620205 ID: 72c7be
File 142119644398.jpg - (128.79KB , 720x720 , D139 - Revenge.jpg )
620205

rolled 6, 3, 3 = 12

The Pursuer deals one damage to Albertina.
Luise absorbs the attack instead.

Albertina aims. [-1 AP]
Albertina attacks. [-2 AP]
>>
No. 620208 ID: 72c7be
File 142119673149.jpg - (102.63KB , 720x720 , D140 - Eye Scream.jpg )
620208

:TopazPursuer: They will betray me.

Albertina plunges their sword into the beast’s eye.
The Pursuer gives on last flail of life before dropping down dead.
Albertina rips the topaz from the pursuer’s head.

Input Required.
>>
No. 620212 ID: d3be40

Damnit.

Do NOT harvest his body. You need to tell the Drakaina what happened here: the Pursuer attacked, you killed him in self-defense, he was delirious and paranoid about some kind of 'betrayal'. Maybe he was betrayed by a previous sacrifice?

... You need to discuss things with her in more detail. What are you allowed to kill in this dungeon? And in turn, you need to tell her that you aren't willing to just let loose the gates of hell - only a select few for now, so that the mortals can get used to monsters again. Scylla seems like a victim of circumstance, you'll let her loose on the world and see how many mortals can't control themselves from hugging her due to cuteness overload.
>>
No. 620221 ID: 88960e

>>620212
It's a monster designed to mess with our heads. You're reading too much into it. I'm not even sure it was sapient or just repeating our thoughts.

Going back and grovelling for defending ourselves is a bad idea. The deal holds.

Check party members. Mags and Luise took the brunt of it, do they need to be treated?
>>
No. 620232 ID: 72c7be
File 142120316746.jpg - (252.67KB , 700x700 , D141 - Stones.jpg )
620232

>Do NOT harvest his body.
:Albertina: "Probably shouldn’t eat it..."
:Alfons: "Why?"
:Albertina: "It was thinking...?"
:Magdalena: "It was just mimicking our thoughts. It wasn't really sapient."
:Albertina: "We have a surplus of food anyways... I'd feel better if we didn't."

Alfons harvests the body despite Albertina's protests.
Gained 3 food.

>Check party members. Mags and Luise took the brunt of it, do they need to be treated?
Luise is really hurt. Magdalena has a bad wound.
However Luise takes the time to patch herself up.
Albertina treats Magdalena's wound.
>>
No. 620233 ID: 72c7be
File 142120318792.jpg - (154.92KB , 1008x720 , D142 - Last Stone.jpg )
620233

:Alfons: "Only one stone to go... but where could it be?"
:Albertina: "...That's a good question."

Input Required.
>>
No. 620235 ID: 01745f

Probably under that crystal in the room with the three shocklings Alb encountered.
>>
No. 620236 ID: 88960e

Yeah, really, the only place left to check is the room Albertina ran from.

Would gravity spells damage the sonic crystals? If so, we might want to lure the bugs into the next room.

Be careful. Luise isn't in any shape to soak hits. Don't go killing yourself to keep us from getting scratched.
>>
No. 620242 ID: 72c7be
File 142120625024.jpg - (61.26KB , 432x432 , D143 - Asleep.jpg )
620242

:Albertina: “I think we need to go back to the room Luise found me in.”
Luise nods.
:Luise: “I should probably stay back, I’d just get in the way at this point.”
:Alfons: “I think that’s fair enough.”

Albertina, Alfons and Magdalena enter the room with the crystal formation, weapons drawn.

The enemies are asleep.

Input Required.
>>
No. 620246 ID: 01745f

I don't suppose Alf could just go, well, assassinate them?
He should start with the one on the lower left then move towards the upper left, while Mags takes aim with light (to keep the crystal from hitting the AoE) at the top right one and Al steps left a square to cover for her if they wake up early..
>>
No. 620249 ID: d3be40

Watch out, this might be a trap!

Maybe you could go back to Drakalina and talk about this before you stab them while they're sleeping? If not, make sure you get it over with quickly and painlessly - you do not want to get hurt from what should be a simple task.

Have Luise and Magdalena stay back while Alfons kills each target starting with the one in the southwest, and Albertina aims her daggers (take them from Luise and Magdalena). If the spiders wake up, have Magdalena unleash her gravity spell on the two spiders at the top and Albertina throw daggers.
>>
No. 620282 ID: 72c7be
File 142121721035.jpg - (49.92KB , 432x432 , D144 - Double Heresy.jpg )
620282

rolled 6, 6, 2, 1, 1 = 16

>I don't suppose Alf could just go, well, assassinate them?
>If not, make sure you get it over with quickly and painlessly - you do not want to get hurt from what should be a simple task.

Alfons quietly approaches each one and stabs them in the back of the neck. The silent methodical killing is fairly disturbing to watch.
Gained 3 food.

>Maybe you could go back to Drakalina and talk about this before you stab them while they're sleeping?
:Albertina: I would rather not have my three priest friends stab me in the back for double heresy. So I think I'll cut down on the monster concern for a while. At least until we come across something clearly sapient.

Magdalena approaches the crystal.
:Magdalena: "So did the crystal glow at all while you were in here?"
:Albertina: "Yes... but I was kind of in the middle of a fight."
Magdalena taps her chin and lets out a thoughtful sigh.

12 Required
>>
No. 620286 ID: 72c7be
File 142121774202.jpg - (58.41KB , 432x432 , D145 - Actually it's blood, but don't wo.jpg )
620286

Magdalena reaching out to the crystal, tapping its surface softly to an even rhythm.
The crystal begins to glow.
Magdalena clicks her tongue to the same rhythm.
Slowly the room fills with the sound of water dripping to a steady beat.

A click can be heard from the sealing, a panel slides back briefly and a key drops into Magdalena’s hands. The panel slides back into place.

:Magdalena: “Well, that wasn’t a gem, but at least we have a key now.”

Input Required.
>>
No. 620288 ID: a18f15

>Maybe you could go back to Drakalina and talk about this before you stab them while they're sleeping?
...Kome, there's a big difference between "don't kill people who happen to be somewhat monstrous in appearance" and "all monsters are sacred". We really don't need to worry about the rights of animals that try to kill us, or get anyone's permission to defend ourself. Let it go.

Also, I really find it less than credible that Albertina would be overly worried about the safety of the creatures who tried to messily kill them (and very nearly succeeded!).

>what do
There's an unexplored door north of this chamber, I believe. Maybe the last gem is there.
>>
No. 620290 ID: 01745f

There was another locked door in the starting room.

>Double Heresy
All the way across the sky~
>>
No. 620291 ID: d3be40

>>620288
Yeah, but it's important to know where you stand in terms of ethics, when you're the ones with the big guns. Remember, Albertina and company are the invaders here. So, I guess we're going with "Seriously try to prevent any unnecessary and/or counterproductive deaths of sapient life, mercilessly kill and devour everything else", right? Okay, fine by me.

Is it possible that the crystal will resonate differently if resonated with a different rhythm? You may want to talk to the Drakalina about that, since experimenting may cause the crystal to explode.

Other than that, time to go.
>>
No. 620297 ID: 72c7be
File 142121977604.jpg - (122.61KB , 1008x1008 , D146 - The Chamber.jpg )
620297

>Is it possible that the crystal will resonate differently if resonated with a different rhythm? You may want to talk to the Drakalina about that, since experimenting may cause the crystal to explode.
:Magdalena: Highly unlikely, but not impossible.
:Albertina: Nothing is written in the Tome of Gnosis on the subject.

>There's an unexplored door north of this chamber, I believe. Maybe the last gem is there.
>There was another locked door in the starting room.
:Albertina: "I know where we need to go."

Albertina takes the others to the first locked door they encountered in their journey.

It opens up to an enormous... but strangely empty chamber.
The room is filled with strange voices singing in an unknown language.

:Alfons: It sounds so familiar...
:Magdalena: But also completely foreign...

The speakers are nowhere to be found and Albertina can find no traps or gems.

Input Required.
>>
No. 620299 ID: a18f15

Well, "mercilessly kill and devour everything" is standard operating procedure for most roguelikes.

Shows of morality (not resorting to cannibalism, or respecting the bodies of dead sapients, or not attacking non-hostile entities or resorting to sneak attacks... etc) tend to either be optional (challenge) conducts, or behavior demanded by a limited number or gods.

What it boils down to though, is it's awful hard to not kill things that want to kill you, especially when there's nothing to eat if you don't.

>Remember, Albertina and company are the invaders here
Not necessarily. The monstrous races aren't locking themselves underground, and setting up traps and rewards for our benefit. Another power (our gods?) is responsible for the design and maintenance of this dungeon (someone comes and restocks the chests and puzzles every year). It doesn't make sense otherwise.

If this is as much an ordeal for us as it is them, I suspect the Drakalina and the other underground races have their own settlements, outside the dungeon, and are compelled to send in champions as we are. The local fauna is different.

>You may want to talk to the Drakalina
The priests are going to need a really good reason to go back and talk to her again. Curiosity and questions for her won't be enough, unless we earn a lot of trust.
>>
No. 620300 ID: a18f15

>>620297
Huh. Maybe you can imitate, or sing along?
>>
No. 620311 ID: d3be40

This might be some kind of religious room.

Hm... I wonder...

Magdalena, stand in the lower-left corner of the room, and cast a sound spell northeast. Maybe something will happen if you cause the entire hypotenuse to resonate with the same song at once?
>>
No. 620407 ID: 72c7be
File 142128338173.jpg - (123.41KB , 1008x1008 , D147 - Whistle Whistle or a Whistle.jpg )
620407

rolled 6, 5, 6 = 17

>Huh. Maybe you can imitate, or sing along?
Albertina attempts to whistle the same tune.

12 Required
>>
No. 620410 ID: 72c7be
File 142128367897.jpg - (247.61KB , 1008x1008 , D148 - Choir.jpg )
620410

:Albertina: This is choir music... I remember it from my childhood.
:Alfons::Magdalena: Of course!

>Magdalena, stand in the lower-left corner of the room, and cast a sound spell northeast. Maybe something will happen if you cause the entire hypotenuse to resonate with the same song at once?

Magdalena taps the southeastern wall and sends a very gentle sound spell down it to the same tune that Albertina is whistling.

The illusion on the wall breaks, revealing itself to be a glass wall, which vibrates but does not break in response to Magdalena’s spell.

...

:Alfons: Running seems like a good options now.

Input Required.
>>
No. 620434 ID: d3be40

Aw, how cute! A bug hatchery!

BAR THE DOORS!

Ask the Drakalina about this room later.
>>
No. 620439 ID: 01745f

No sign of a key here. Lets go re-check the rooms that only one person has been in (so the ones with A, then M).
>>
No. 620457 ID: 72c7be
File 142129996796.jpg - (51.09KB , 360x648 , D149 - This Place Again And Then Visions of Mist.jpg )
620457

>Aw, how cute! A bug hatchery!
:Albertina: They are kind of adorable

>BAR THE DOORS!
:Albertina: With what?

>Ask the Drakalina about this room later.
:Albertina: Probably worth a talk... if I could get a free moment.

>No sign of a key here. Lets go re-check the rooms that only one person has been in (so the ones with A, then M).
:Alfons: "No key here, let's try some other places."
:Magdalena: "Anywhere you've been we haven't?"
:Albertina: "Hmm..."

The group departs from the choir of tiny arachnids and returns to the western entrance.
:Magdalena: "What's in the box?"
:Albertina: "A thing. I don't know what it does."
:Magdalena: "Hmm..."
:Alfons: "More pipes..."

Input Required.
>>
No. 620466 ID: a18f15

Did Mags look up the bugs in her book?

Does the box have any moving pieces that can be manipulated?

I'm not sure if there's anything we could put in the box to trigger a reaction: all we've found are keys (for doors) gems (for going down floors) the alchemy set (for making potions) and herbs (for making potions). We don't have any purposeless maguffins.

Has anything new appeared in any of the other books? One seems to be a monster manual, and the other a puzzle manual (maybe? At least it covered the crystals) but we've yet to discern the purpose of the other two.
>>
No. 620468 ID: 01745f

Oh, it is the device in >>617407. I had forgotten about that, and that looks like it might contain the key gem if we can get it open.
Is it light enough to carry (and maybe try turning upside down to see if anything shifts or falls out)?
>>
No. 620489 ID: 72c7be
File 142130948168.jpg - (56.73KB , 360x648 , D150 - Bolted.jpg )
620489

>Did Mags look up the bugs in her book?
:Albertina: “Anything on those bugs.”
:Magdalena: “They are called Muses.”
:Albertina: “That’s… it?”
:Magdalena: “That’s it.”

>Does the box have any moving pieces that can be manipulated?
:Albertina: The pipes are stuck to the primary device. Not really much else.

>Has anything new appeared in any of the other books? One seems to be a monster manual, and the other a puzzle manual (maybe? At least it covered the crystals) but we've yet to discern the purpose of the other two.
:Albertina: “Really, just Muses?”
:Alfons: “If it makes you feel any better my tome just says ‘Arrow Trap’ and then has no further information.”

>Is it light enough to carry (and maybe try turning upside down to see if anything shifts or falls out)?
The group tries to move it.
:Albertina::Magdalena::Alfons: "Ughh..."

:Albertina: It is either very heavy or very attached to the floor.

Input Required.
>>
No. 620511 ID: d3be40

We haven't heard from Luise for a while. Ask if she's okay, just to be safe.
>>
No. 620517 ID: a18f15

>Muses, arrow trap
Fonts of information, these books ain't.

(With the arrow trap comment, maybe it's monsters, puzzles, traps and ??? ).

>pipes stuck to the box
There were pipes behind the Muses. Maybe this box and that room are part of the same puzzle?

Maybe it responds to sound, then. The choir music? (It's kind of funny the non-priest was the first to recognize choir music).
>>
No. 620527 ID: 72c7be
File 142134498393.jpg - (51.03KB , 360x648 , D151 - Banter.jpg )
620527

>We haven't heard from Luise for a while. Ask if she's okay, just to be safe.
:Luise: I am fine. I stayed back to avoid causing trouble. I'm occupying the time by making my medicine in the garden.

>Fonts of information, these books ain't.
:Magdalena: They become more decipherable in response to exposure, I believe.

>(With the arrow trap comment, maybe it's monsters, puzzles, traps and ??? ).
:Magdalena: Aeon is a patron of artisans, Gnosis is a master of the mind, Telos is a great hunter... so those all make sense. Chaos is... nothing really, but it seems that Blood Magic is contained in their book none the less.

>pipes stuck to the box
>There were pipes behind the Muses. Maybe this box and that room are part of the same puzzle?
:Alfons: I hope that disturbing all of this doesn't draw those creatures out.

>Maybe it responds to sound, then. The choir music? (It's kind of funny the non-priest was the first to recognize choir music).
:Albertina: "Hm... I can't hear the music from the pipe. Maybe I sh-"

A look from Magdalena and Alfons cuts Albertina off.

Input Required.
>>
No. 620532 ID: a18f15

Hmm. Unless there's a hidden door we've missed, I think we've been everywhere on this floor so far.

If we assume there's a puzzle here that provides the last gem, were are we supposed to use the gems to advance? I don't think we've seen anything that looks like a sealed way down. Unless they kick in automatically? Or maybe the gems can change where the teleporter goes?

>A look from Magdalena and Alfons cuts Albertina off.
...I suppose anything that risks us getting flooded with bugs would be bad. Still, I'm running out of ideas, here.

I mean. What are our options now. We could try and break the glass in the bug room, which seems suicidal. We could do something with the box, but I don't know what, yet (and breaking it would probably fail). We could double check that we didn't miss anything elsewhere. We could ask the Drakalina (although she said before she didn't know where the other gems were. She might know about the creatures, though. Still, don't feel we should raise that option with the priests, yet).

>I am fine. I stayed back to avoid causing trouble. I'm occupying the time by making my medicine in the garden.
Cool. Just making sure you didn't get ambushed or anything.
>>
No. 620535 ID: 01745f

Try poking a broken arrow in the holes to see if you can feel anything in there I guess?
>>
No. 620547 ID: 72c7be
File 142136127149.jpg - (50.44KB , 360x648 , D152 - Poke It With An Arrow.jpg )
620547

>Cool. Just making sure you didn't get ambushed or anything.
:Luise: Ever vigilant.

>Try poking a broken arrow in the holes to see if you can feel anything in there I guess?
:Albertina: “The central hole is wide past the initial opening. The arrow cannot reach the floor of that chamber. The side chambers are uneven, like a filter or cheese grater.”
:Alfons: “And all that means...?”
:Albertina: “I... don't know. Maybe it's some kind of water purifier? I'm honestly lost."

Input Required.
>>
No. 620552 ID: d3be40

... EW.

Is that a caterpillar blender? Might be something worth talking about to the Drakalina later. But much, much later.
>>
No. 620560 ID: 88960e

We don't exactly have a supply of water to pour down it to test, unfortunately.

I'm stumped.

Smart of Mags to stay back, by the door, if we triggered something terrible, at least.
>>
No. 620567 ID: a18f15

Hmm. The only real clue I'm seeing is the bugs might be able to talk, and that's only because they have an icon loaded. Which is something meta the characters shouldn't be aware of.

Is the unevenness irregular or a regular pattern?
>>
No. 620579 ID: 72c7be

>Hmm. The only real clue I'm seeing is the bugs might be able to talk, and that's only because they have an icon loaded. Which is something meta the characters shouldn't be aware of.

Author: I was actually going to type the music that the bugs were producing, but decided against it because... it's hard to type music.
>>
No. 620580 ID: 72c7be
File 142140611010.jpg - (50.81KB , 216x216 , D153 - Grid.jpg )
620580

>... EW.
>Is that a caterpillar blender? Might be something worth talking about to the Drakalina later. But much, much later.

:Albertina: Possibly.

>We don't exactly have a supply of water to pour down it to test, unfortunately.
>I'm stumped.

Help Menu:
Characters cannot take any action if none is suggested. (Unless they are predisposed to such actions by traits or personality quirks.)

>Smart of Mags to stay back, by the door, if we triggered something terrible, at least.
:Magdalena: I'm just getting tired of sitting around here with the we-don't-know-what-it-does-device. I mean... yeah. I was avoiding the potential trap. I'm very tactical minded.

>Is the unevenness irregular or a regular pattern?

It appears to be a grid, somewhat like a cheese grater or filter.

Input Required.
>>
No. 620607 ID: a18f15

A regular pattern of small holes like that could work as handholds for something small, like the Muses. Maybe they can climb up here? Or... we're supposed to find a way to get one to climb down and get something for us. (Would one fit?). Although for that to work they'd either have to talk (negotiate, or force), or be controlled via music or something.

Although the hole narrowing at the top does make something coming out of the box less likely. Would a gem even fit?

Although I don't have any reason to think handholds are more likely than filtration or bug blending.

>I'm just getting tired of sitting around here with the we-don't-know-what-it-does-device
I agree, although we don't many alternatives. We've been everywhere all ready, which means we'd have to retread those areas, and hope we can find something we missed before.

We can't leave the way we came in, and we can't stay on this floor until we starve, either. We need to find the last gem and a means to continue.
>>
No. 620633 ID: 01745f

Maybe Mags could try casting a minor sound spell at it? If we get really desperate someone can stick a hand in there, but since that seems like a trap we could go to a room with a table and break off a table leg.

The only other rooms I can think of to re-chech look in are the ones Mags has been in, since all the others have been visited by the group.
>>
No. 620645 ID: 72c7be
File 142147933178.jpg - (59.90KB , 504x504 , D153 - The Puzzling Room.jpg )
620645

>A regular pattern of small holes like that could work as handholds for something small, like the Muses.
The grid is aligned horizontally, not vertically. It would not be useful for climbing.

Author Note: In case this wasn't clear, the device is depicted from an overhead view.

>Although the hole narrowing at the top does make something coming out of the box less likely. Would a gem even fit?
:Albertina: No, it is only slightly larger than some corks. About the size of the potion bottles that came in the alchemy kit.

>I'm just getting tired of sitting around here with the we-don't-know-what-it-does-device
>I agree, although we don't many alternatives. We've been everywhere all ready, which means we'd have to retread those areas, and hope we can find something we missed before.
>We can't leave the way we came in, and we can't stay on this floor until we starve, either. We need to find the last gem and a means to continue.
>The only other rooms I can think of to re-chech look in are the ones Mags has been in, since all the others have been visited by the group.

:Magdalena: "I'm tired of this."
:Alfons: "If it's the only lead we have it may be worth it. We have little else we can do."
:Albertina: "What about the rooms you've been to Magdalena? Anything there?"
:Magdalena: "Just a bunch of trapped crystals in one room, some broken rocks in another where I killed a couple of chargers and a chest at the entrance."
:Alfons: "Perhaps we should have a look at those crystals."
:Magdalena: "They're all trapped so I don't know why you would... but whatever gets us away from this room."

The group walks to the room with several crystals, one of which has clearly exploded.

:Albertina: "Hm... And you're sure there's nothing in here?"
:Magdalena: "Yes."
:Alfons: "That doesn't add up..."

Alfons and Albertina senses 3 traps remain.

Input Required.
>>
No. 620648 ID: d3be40

4 crystals, 3 traps. It doesn't take a genius to see what's going on here.

Try to disarm a trap with your combined knowledge. If you fail, try to spring the remaining two with sound.
>>
No. 620655 ID: 72c7be
File 142148059383.jpg - (56.17KB , 504x504 , D154 - Exit Stage Right.jpg )
620655

rolled 3, 2 = 5

>4 crystals, 3 traps. It doesn't take a genius to see what's going on here.
:Albertina: Agreed but identifying the trapped one is likely as important as anything else.
:Alfons: “I’d wager they all respond to sound, so let’s try a few things. Frankly, I pref- Oh!”

Alfons opens up his tome and checks the pages.
:Alfons: “Rebound Crystals. … Closely related to Echo Crystals, see Book of Gnosis. … Respond to incorrect sounds made to nearby Echo Crystals … Identification difficult, crystals emit an inexplicable ‘black light’ shortly before exploding. May be possible to notice the black light and stop before the explosion.”

:Albertina: “Alright, sounds simple enough. Magdalena what did you do to break the first crystal?”
:Magdalena: “I was just speaking out loud.”
:Alfons: “Oh… good thing that one’s already broken then.”
:Magdalena: “If you don’t mind I think I’m going to go back to east entrance and check out the chest, I would rather not be caught in another explosion.”
:Alfons: “I was going to recommend it anyways.”

Magdalena leaves the room.

:Albertina: “… You’re pretty friendly for an assassin.”
:Alfons: “It’s one of the reasons I’m a good one.”
:Albertina: … Not creepy at all

> Try to disarm a trap with your combined knowledge.
Albertina attempts to disarm one of the crystals.

10 Required
>>
No. 620658 ID: 72c7be
File 142148090066.jpg - (62.56KB , 504x504 , D155 - Explosion.jpg )
620658

rolled 5, 3 = 8

The faux crystal abruptly explodes in Albertina’s face.
Fortunately Albertina deftly avoids all the chunks of broken crystal.

:Alfons: “Hm. They’re not as dangerous as I suspected. Well, my turn now.”
>>
No. 620659 ID: 72c7be
File 142148116442.jpg - (62.95KB , 504x504 , D156 - A Shared Unsuffering.jpg )
620659

rolled 6, 5 = 11

The crystal explodes in Alfons’ face.
Fortunately Alfons deftly avoids all the chunks of broken crystal.

:Albertina: “Looks like you’re about a rubbish at this as I am.”
:Alfons: “Yeah yeah… next one together then?”
:Albertina: “Sure.”
>>
No. 620660 ID: 72c7be
File 142148160650.jpg - (62.89KB , 504x504 , D157 - The Dark Crystal.jpg )
620660

rolled 1, 2, 2, 6 = 11

Albertina and Alfons successfully disarm the last fake crystal.
:Albertina: “Huh. Thanks for the help.”
:Alfons: “No trouble.”

Alfons smiles.
:Alfons: “Hey, let’s try and take care of this puzzle without the mage.”
:Albertina: “Sure… should be simple after those traps.”

Albertina loses the Crestfallen status as a result of bonding with their team.
Albertina and Alfons work to create a melody that will resonate with the crystal.

10 Required
>>
No. 620665 ID: 72c7be
File 142148239052.jpg - (38.53KB , 360x288 , D158 - Emerald.jpg )
620665

Albertina and Alfons successfully complete the aural puzzle. The room is filled with the sound of uneven tapping.
The central crystal simply disintegrates, leaving an emerald lying on the ground.
Alfons quickly snatches the emerald off the floor.

:Alfons: “Well, we can venture downward now.”
:Albertina: “And yet there’s an unopened chest… but maybe we shouldn't delay.”

Input Required.
>>
No. 620666 ID: d3be40

You may want to save the key for a later chest. Backtracking is okay, but you have supplies and you shouldn't keep the Drakalina waiting.

Discuss things with the Drakalina and get going.
>>
No. 620667 ID: a18f15

Huh. So whatever the deal with the Muses and that box is, it's not necessary to advance.

...on the one hand that's kind of a relief, since we were stumped. On the other hand, optional puzzles mean instead of containing plot coupons like keys and gems it likely yields loot, if we could only figure it out. Resources are things we can ill afford to pass up.

>untrapping
Hmm. We made the same roll for the thieves working individually and together on those crystals. Guess their skills don't stack, or at least not in all case.

>but maybe we shouldn't delay
Well, it's going to be a little bit before Luise is done her Alchemy and is ready to advance, so there's time to search for the last chest. (And stopping the medicine halfway would probably just waste ingredients).

Also, if resting restores hp, we might want to spend the time / food to get Luise in better shape.
>>
No. 620675 ID: 5d2f8c

Considering the focus on sound I have a feeling the mystery box is somehow related to it.
>eight tubes connecting a small box to a larger box
>The side chambers are uneven
>The central hole is wide past the initial opening
>It appears to be a grid

This makes me think it has something to do with air blowing past certain parts to make a specific sound. Maybe a musical instrument?
>>
No. 620867 ID: d3be40

>>620675
Brilliant!

The tower seems music-oriented, what with all the harmonic crystals and the giant room half-filled with singing caterpillars. Maybe it's one big dynamic music box?

Another question you can ask the Drakalina: how important is music and singing to the monsters and the tower? Request a few traditional songs and legends. Be sure to exchange some of your songs and legends in turn.
>>
No. 621081 ID: 72c7be
File 142164491725.jpg - (43.96KB , 432x288 , D160 - Aionian is not their first language.jpg )
621081

>You may want to save the key for a later chest. Backtracking is okay, but you have supplies and you shouldn't keep the Drakalina waiting.
:Albertina: We are actually out of keys, but the existance of a chest implies more... doesn't it? Or do the keys and chests not neccesarily match up?

>Huh. So whatever the deal with the Muses and that box is, it's not necessary to advance.
>...on the one hand that's kind of a relief, since we were stumped. On the other hand, optional puzzles mean instead of containing plot coupons like keys and gems it likely yields loot, if we could only figure it out. Resources are things we can ill afford to pass up.
:Albertina: If I think of anything I'll go back, but I can't afford to let it take extra time...

>untrapping
>Hmm. We made the same roll for the thieves working individually and together on those crystals. Guess their skills don't stack, or at least not in all case.

Help Menu
Group rolls use the combined traits of each party member and the highest stat from among the party to determine rolls.
Because of this having two persons of equal skill attempting the same task does not improve the odds, but may offer additional benefits not related to success chance.

>but maybe we shouldn't delay
>Well, it's going to be a little bit before Luise is done her Alchemy and is ready to advance, so there's time to search for the last chest. (And stopping the medicine halfway would probably just waste ingredients).
>Also, if resting restores hp, we might want to spend the time / food to get Luise in better shape.
:Aflons: Sleep heals wounds, but very slowly. It might never be an something we have to rely on if potions keep up.

>This makes me think it has something to do with air blowing past certain parts to make a specific sound. Maybe a musical instrument?
:Albertina: The primary hole is on a flat surface which would make it hard to blow into, the others are too large for that. Unless it operates by magically conjuring air blasts into it, which seems far fetched, this possibility seems unlikely.

>Discuss things with the Drakalina and get going.
:Albertina: "I'm going to go check the door downward, you catch up with Magdalena and we'll all meet in the garden to get some rest, okay?"
:Alfons: "Sounds agreeable."

Albertina and Alfons part ways.

Albertina returns to the floor exit, the Sentinel is ever alert, but the circles under her eyes indicate she is likely very sleepy.

:SentinelDescender: "Going down?"
:Albertina: "We're actually going to get some rest. Much of our party is feeling tired, but I had some questions to ask."
:SentinelDescender: "Ask."

>Another question you can ask the Drakalina: how important is music and singing to the monsters and the tower? Request a few traditional songs and legends. Be sure to exchange some of your songs and legends in turn.

:Albertina: "There seems to be a lot of music oriented things in this tower."
:SentinelDescender: "Disagree."
:Albertina: "I don't suppose music is a big part of your culture?"
:SentinelDescender: "Only culture. No comparison."
:Albertina: "Right... well I was wondering if you would be interested in exchanging songs or tales."
:SentinelDescender: "Not a scholar. Ask Scylla."
:Albertina: "Right, sorry..."
:SentinelDescender: "Anything else?"

Input Required.
>>
No. 621090 ID: a18f15

Does she know anything about a creature called a muse? They look kind of like a small bug, and they sing. There was a whole room of them, hidden behind glass.

And maybe ask about the box with pipes inside it.

...so she started at the other end of the tower, huh? Climbed all the way up? Are they chosen for it, the way we are?
>>
No. 621133 ID: d3be40

I suppose you should ask more about Scylla. Be sure to tell her that she is free to explain as much or as little as she wants to about her friend, but that you have a better chance of diplomacy if you know more.

You should also discuss how your other three party members have been indoctrinated by the four's religion. Explain the ritual sacrifice to her; four outcasts of mortal society are thrown into a 100-floor tower filled with traps, ferals, and an army - HER army. They're given nothing but a dagger and a stupid book, though they are bloated with food right before the ritual - livestock need no rations. Those that have been indoctrinated (your three party members) have been taught to believe that those in the tower are evil, and that killing them is an act of good. Say that you were smart enough not to give in to this bull^&*(, but you experienced pain and suffering on this floor alone that could have driven you insane with fear; religious or not, by the time a sacrifice makes it to one of the Drakalina's people, they're starving, wounded, crestfallen, or just plain ANGRY. That's the reason they fly into a rage and kill innocent people: they're already broken inside, no better than - as the Drakalina said - monsters.

You'll have to decide for yourself if you want to talk about the pursuer. Do you think the Drakalina will be angry if you tell her you killed a monster that was intelligent but not sapient?

Finally, what would the Drakalina like to be called? Because we're getting nervous about treating her like she's... well. Yeah. Better we treat her like a person than a species.
>>
No. 621135 ID: a18f15

>>621133
I would... tone down the way you're describing your teammates, and their religion, there. It's not a good idea to be thinking about them in those terms. Nevermind the fact we might be overheard via telepathy, or via a sneaky assassin eavesdropping.

In fact, assume that they don't completely trust you, and might be listening in. Heresy of talking to monsters is one thing (I'm just trying to get information. Information we may need to survive), but avoid spouting blasphemy or slander.

Discussing the whole sending four people in the tower ritual in more neutral terms for comparison with their situation would be better.
>>
No. 621160 ID: 01745f

>>621135
This. Also ask about the muses, and out of curiosity if they also have to deal with traps and puzzles on the way up.
>>
No. 621189 ID: 72c7be
File 142170876129.jpg - (43.76KB , 432x288 , D161 - Humanizing.jpg )
621189

>Finally, what would the Drakalina like to be called? Because we're getting nervous about treating her like she's... well. Yeah. Better we treat her like a person than a species.
:Albertina: "I just realized I don't know your name."
:SentinelDescender: "... Yes."
:Albertina: "Well uhm... I figured that would be a good place to start. I'm Albertina of Skygate."
:SentinelDescender: "Skygate?"
:Albertina: "Yes."
:SentinelDescender: "Bird monster home."
:Albertina: "... That's right."

The Drakaina tilts her strange helmet back a little and seems to relax a little.

:AgnesDescender: "Agnes of Tartarus"
:Albertina: "Tartarus?"
:AgnesDescender: "Here."
:Albertina: "Good to meet you, Agnes."

>...so she started at the other end of the tower, huh? Climbed all the way up? Are they chosen for it, the way we are?
>out of curiosity if they also have to deal with traps and puzzles on the way up.

:Albertina: "Did you also have to deal with the puzzles on the way up?"
:AgnesDescender: "No. Going up easier than going down. Before purge, easier more."
:Albertina: "Purge?"
:AgnesDescender: "After monsters die, calm happens. No traps, no puzzles, no locks. After that, purge. Makes it like now."
:Albertina: "I think I get it. Does that mean you're like us?"
:AgnesDescender: "No. Scylla like you."

>I suppose you should ask more about Scylla. Be sure to tell her that she is free to explain as much or as little as she wants to about her friend, but that you have a better chance of diplomacy if you know more.

:Albertina: "I meant chosen to go up the tower."
:AgnesDescender: "Yes. Scylla is that. Tomebound."
:Albertina: "I see... is there anything else you can tell me about her?"
:AgnesDescender: "Royalty."
:Albertina: "Oh... so you have a queen?"
:AgnesDescender: "Yes. But no."
:Albertina: "What do you mean?"
:AgnesDescender: "Don't know words."

Albertina nods.

>Discussing the whole sending four people in the tower ritual in more neutral terms for comparison with their situation would be better.

:Albertina: "I'm sorry about this by the way. It's... a rather complex system. It is very frightening for our people... everyone who comes here dies."
:AgnesDescender: "Just as Scylla dies each year."
:Albertina: "Each year? She comes back?"
:AgnesDescender: "No. New heir sent. New Scylla."
:Albertina: "Oh... alright."

>You'll have to decide for yourself if you want to talk about the pursuer. Do you think the Drakalina will be angry if you tell her you killed a monster that was intelligent but not sapient?

:Albertina: "We encountered... a very aggressive... one down here."
:SentinelDescender: "... One?"
:Albertina: "It was called a pursuer."
:AgnesDescender: "Oh. Mean creature. Eat magic."
:Albertina: "So it wasn't... sapient?"
:AgnesDescender: "No. An echo."

Albertina nods.

>Also ask about the muses
>Does she know anything about a creature called a muse? They look kind of like a small bug, and they sing. There was a whole room of them, hidden behind glass.

:Albertina: "There were these other creatures. Small... eight legs, sung."
:AgnesDescender: "Muse."
:Albertina: "Yes... what... what are they for? What do they do?"
:AgnesDescender: "Eat, gather, sing. Peaceful. Can bite though. Did you kill?"
:Albertina: "No. They were all behind a glass case."
:AgnesDescender: "Afraid before the calm. Not know much else."
:Albertina: "Well, thank you anyways."

>And maybe ask about the box with pipes inside it.

Albertina described the box at the west entrance to Agnes.
:AgnesDescender: "Don't know."
Albertina nods.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621215 ID: 88960e

Well, it's good to have confirmation that they're distinct from the mindless monsters.

>the purge
I guess the tower is either magical or mechanical in some way and sets itself up, or the gods are doing it directly. Scary to think of them having that much of a hand in things. (If the process is automatic in some way though, disrupting it might be one way to end the cycles. ...although keep that heresy to your self).

>Just as Scylla dies each year.
What about on the years where our group doesn't make it that far? Do they get to go home? (If so sadly: we don't really have that option).

When you're done, thank her for answering your questions and bid her goodnight.
>>
No. 621394 ID: 72c7be
File 142181465838.jpg - (71.88KB , 394x391 , D162 - A Terrible Fate.jpg )
621394

>What about on the years where our group doesn't make it that far? Do they get to go home? (If so sadly: we don't really have that option).

:Albertina: "What happens if our champions don't make it to the tenth floor?"
:AgnesDescender: "..."
:SentinelDescender: "Scylla is killed"
:Albertina: "... Why?"
:SentinelDescender: "She will not defend herself."
:Albertina: "... I still don't understand."
:AgnesDescender: "Hope you will. Don't have words."

Albertina sighs and nods.

>When you're done, thank her for answering your questions and bid her goodnight.

:Albertina: "Thank you for talking with me. Goodnight."
:AgnesDescender: "It was... good. Goodnight."
>>
No. 621396 ID: 72c7be
File 142181472905.jpg - (254.95KB , 700x700 , D163 - Camp.jpg )
621396

Albertina returns to the party.
:Magdalena: “Welcome back. Found a couple more herbs and some extra bottles.”
:Albertina: “That’s good.”

Food is prepared and eaten.
Help Menu:
Characters lose a number of food each day equal to their food stat. In order to prevent negative conditions the food stat must be replenished each day.
The current party consumes 11 food each day.

The first day has passed.
The first floor has been complete.
Shopkeeper Unlocked: Agnes of Tartarus, Floor 1

There isn’t enough time to prepare extra potions before sleeping.

Should Albertina spend time with any of their companions before sleeping?

[Input Required.]
>>
No. 621416 ID: a18f15

>Scylla dies anyways
She said she was captured, before. Maybe if the overworld tomebound group don't kill her, her captors do? (Assuming no overworlders have ever saved her from her captors and not killed her themselves).

>Should Albertina spend time with any of their companions before sleeping?
Alfons and Luise seem like the best two to start with. Albertina and Luise seemed to get along pretty well, and they have a common interest as alchemists. And Albertina and Alfons are both thieves, and seemed to find a space where they're comfortable working together.

If we're going to build bonds in the party, it also seems like Luise is the most sympathetic (well, duh, empathy) and Alfons is potentially the biggest danger if he's not won over (with his past hunting heretics, he's probably the person who would be most emotionally comfortable / capable of internally justifying turning on an ally).

...and also Albertina / Alfons is our only chance for shipping anyone with all the asexuals. Well, unless we go Albertina / Agnes monstersexual. Spoiled for maximum heresy.

>shopkeeper unlocked
Bartering skill: relevant!

Too bad we don't have anything in the way of currency, or spare equipment. All we really have to trade is potions, and I'm not sure we can afford to lose those.
>>
No. 621421 ID: 01745f

>>621416
Those suggestions sound reasonable And also contain the best heresy.
>>
No. 621429 ID: d3be40

Can you spend some time bandaging wounds, instead of using a potion?

You can also talk about yourselves, and any possible skill combos and strategies for the next dungeon.

And of course, what they know about their religions.
>>
No. 621515 ID: 72c7be
File 142189394526.jpg - (144.82KB , 720x957 , D164 - The Price of Empathy.jpg )
621515

>And also contain the best heresy.
>Well, unless we go Albertina / Agnes monstersexual. Spoiled for maximum heresy.
:Albertina: I would feel pretty uncomfortable hitting on someone who doesn't share fluency in either of the languages I know.

>Can you spend some time bandaging wounds, instead of using a potion?
:Albertina: We always bandage our wounds after combat as best we can.

>Albertina and Luise seemed to get along pretty well, and they have a common interest as alchemists.
:Albertina: "Hey Luise, do you have time to talk?"
:Luise: "Sure, I have some time."

>If we're going to build bonds in the party, it also seems like Luise is the most sympathetic (well, duh, empathy)
:Albertina: "Thanks. Today has taken a lot out of me."
:Luise: "I can feel that."
:Albertina: "Oh... that's kind of embarrassing."
:Luise: "I'm sorry. I can turn it off if you like."
:Albertina: "Uhm... No it's fine." That would probably just make everyone more suspicious of me.
:Luise: "We're not- I'm not angry with you. Just concerned."

:Albertina: "Concerned because I don't want to kill people?"
:Luise: "Because you think monsters won't hurt people if we let them go."
:Albertina: "And what makes you think they will?"
:Luise: "It's just in their nature. It's part of their culture and their religion to want us dead."
:Albertina: "That's not what A-" Agnes "-the Drakaina said."
:Luise: "Lying is to be expected, we’re an invading force.”
:Albertina: Ugh… This is why I can't stand religious types, you're all so assured things are whatever way your church teaches.
:Luise: "... That's understandable. It's hard to change the nature of a person though. I can no more be less devout than you could be less skeptical."
:Albertina: "... Why are you so devout?"
:Luise: "Mmm. I was raised in a noble family, but they already had two heirs and didn't want to muddy the waters further, so they sent me to the Order of Chaos."
:Albertina: That's a really ironic name...
:Luise: "The order took me in and gave me a purpose. They made me feel safe and comfortable after a lot of difficult things had happened to me."
:Albertina: "What difficult things?"
:Luise: Getting my fins cut up for one. "Being made an Empath for one.”
:Albertina: "... What's that like?"
:Luise: "It hurt."
:Albertina: "Yeah... I've heard but... where I come from everyone's afraid of Empaths. There's a lot of rumours." Like how they're all sadomasochists with telekinetic powers.

Luise laughs.

:Luise: "The kind of empath you're thinking about are few in number, likely even more rare among your people. Becoming an Empath doesn't make you a sadist."
:Albertina: "... But you a-"
:Luise: "Empaths minds are changed to respond positively to pain. It's the main thing they do right before they kill you."
:Albertina: "They... kill you?"
:Luise: "Only for a moment. The process that brings you back is what makes all Empaths lose their color."
:Albertina: "Oh... Why does it do that?"
:Luise: "I don't know."
:Albertina: “What… do they do?”
:Luise: “… It’s a complicated ritual. It requires six mages to perform… they essentially rip your mind apart and stop your heart from beating for… a while. But they bring you back before your soul leaves your body.”
:Albertina: “An that makes you an Empath.”
:Luise: “It does. I… don’t really know how to explain why. It wasn’t something I had to study. My part in the ritual was mostly laying on the floor and enduring the pain.”
:Albertina: “That sounds awful.”
:Luise: “… It was necessary. There were a lot of sick people who needed healing.”
:Albertina: "I see... So, what color-"
:Luise: "Blue. My eyes used to be blue."

>And of course, what they know about their religions.

:Albertina: "So... what does the Order of Chaos believe?"
:Luise: "There's a lot... it's primarily a nonviolent religion."
:Albertina: "Most religions claim that."
:Luise: "Yes, but it's more... central. To Chaos, oblivion is preferable to existence, peace is desired over conflict, reason over emotion..."
:Albertina: Oblivion is better than living? That makes it sound like a death cult. "I... see."
:Luise: "No one who follows the order wishes to end life, mind you. It's mostly about becoming closer to Chaos through shedding the trappings of the material world."
:Albertina: "That sounds... incredible unappealing."
:Luise: "Most people think so, but it's much preferable than the philosophy that came before it."
:Albertina: "Which was..?"
:Luise: "... A death cult."
:Albertina: "Oh."
:Luise: "Did you never study history?"
:Albertina: "Not really no. I mean, I know when the deep ones first breached the surface it was in war but... Most of my education was on economics."
:Luise: "I understand. My people used to be led by Telepaths who had overthrown a magocracy. They believed it was their sacred duty to usher the world into oblivion, but... the war changed that. People can only see so much death before they realize it's not a wonderful prospect."

Albertina nods.

>You can also talk about yourselves, and any possible skill combos and strategies for the next dungeon.

:Albertina: "It feels like everything we talked about is pretty grim."
:Luise: "Yes, sorry. We haven't talked about you much, though. How did you acquire your particular skill set?"
:Albertina: "My family worked as the middle man for people who crafted animal traps. Every practical skill I know comes from trapping."
:Luise: "Even the alchemy?"
:Albertina: "That's right. Some of the traps used poison, so we sold that too. Eventually the woman who made the poison we bought passed away so we had to homebrew it ourselves. Picked up healing potions as part of the basic alchemy training."

Luise nods.

:Albertina: "Anyways, is there any way you can think we can make our skills work better as a group?"
:Luise: "I think we're doing mostly okay. I'd like to make some potions in the morning though."
:Albertina: "We should probably do that if there's time. You might not want to take so much pain onto yourself."
:Luise: "If I don't, someone else has to. I'm the least useful in combat."
:Albertina: "Alright, if you say so."

>shopkeeper unlocked
>Bartering skill: relevant!
>Too bad we don't have anything in the way of currency, or spare equipment. All we really have to trade is potions, and I'm not sure we can afford to lose those.

Help Menu: Shopkeepers require an entire year before they open a shop. Shopkeepers provides a variety of gear and accept different things as currency.

Albertina finds a place to go to sleep.
>>
No. 621516 ID: 72c7be
File 142189401355.jpg - (254.51KB , 700x700 , D165 - Wakey Wakey.jpg )
621516

The party wakes up, gaining one morale from a peaceful slumber.
Eighteen hours remain until the party will require sleep again.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621522 ID: 88960e

>pretty uncomfortable hitting on someone who's not fluent in a shared language
That hardly rules it being initiated another way! And it says something you didn't take the more obvious "she's a snake person" argument.

>shopkeepers take a year
Oh. Well, that's nice... for the next set of tomebound. If they don't just kill her.

Nice to leave some kind of legacy, or someone who remembers you, I guess.

>It's just in their nature. It's part of their culture and their religion to want us dead
One could make the same argument about us regarding them. Yet we were still capable of nonviolence.

>If I don't, someone else has to. I'm the least useful in combat
Maybe, but sometimes it's better to have a few scratched people than one dead person. Careful.

>what do
Give her time to finish potion making, and then let's head down. Unless someone's had an idea for the museum or box puzzles in the night.
>>
No. 621535 ID: 72c7be
File 142190353296.jpg - (68.86KB , 792x576 , D166 - Going Down.jpg )
621535

>And it says something you didn't take the more obvious "she's a snake person" argument.
:Albertina: Not any different than being interested in a frog person, bat person or lizard person. And I'm sure to her I'm just a bird person. Not that I'm considering, it just doesn't matter.

>It's just in their nature. It's part of their culture and their religion to want us dead
>One could make the same argument about us regarding them. Yet we were still capable of nonviolence.
:Albertina: Maybe I should bring that up to Luise next time we talk... or... maybe just keep it to myself.

>If I don't, someone else has to. I'm the least useful in combat
>Maybe, but sometimes it's better to have a few scratched people than one dead person. Careful.
:Albertina: "Let's make some potions and-"
:Magdalena: "We don't have enough food for breakfast."
:Albertina: "Well, let's make some potions anyways."

>what do
>Give her time to finish potion making, and then let's head down. Unless someone's had an idea for the museum or box puzzles in the night.

Luise makes three healing potions.
Luise drinks two healing potions.
Luise bottles the last one and keeps it on her person.

Twelve hours remain until the party will require sleep again.

The party arrives back at the door.

:AgnesDescender: "Good luck."
:Albertina: "Thank you."

Albertina places the gems in what they assume are the correct slots.
The door behind them and the rest of the group shuts slowly and then the floor begins to sink.
>>
No. 621536 ID: d3be40

Ready your weapons, but scout the area. Be sure to look for traps and NPCs at all times.

(We need a name for monsters who are willing to negotiate with the party, and a general name for all sentient monsters - any ideas?)
>>
No. 621537 ID: 01745f

>But it's much preferable than the philosophy that came before it [...] a death cult.
We should remember that bit for later, as an example of hostile philosophies changing.

>(We need a name for monsters who are willing to negotiate with the party, and a general name for all sentient monsters - any ideas?)
Echidnans?
>>
No. 621542 ID: a18f15

>Maybe I should bring that up to Luise next time we talk... or... maybe just keep it to myself.
If it comes up as a point of argument, later, maybe. It's not worth dragging up out of the blue.

The real stretch point there, is what happens if the monsters have heretics too? People who have rejected those teachings outright? (It's almost a joke, but probably too sensitive a topic to raise, soon).

>We don't have enough food for breakfast.
But your food stats read as full, so your players didn't see feeding you as a priority. :v

>The door behind them and the rest of the group shuts slowly and then the floor begins to sink.
Elevators, not stairs? If they're one way, that means we can't double back for stuff we've missed, to revisit shopkeepers, or establish stashes in cleared areas. Also restricts stair dancing as a tactic.

>We need a name for monsters who are willing to negotiate with the party, and a general name for all sentient monsters - any ideas?
Sentient "inhabitants" versus monstrous fauna? Not sure if there's a good one word term for potential non-hostiles / people open to parley.
>>
No. 621543 ID: 72c7be
File 142190641407.jpg - (90.73KB , 720x720 , D167 - F2R1 - Central Room.jpg )
621543

The group arrives in the first room of the second floor.
There are two crystals, two chests, some pipes and what looks like a worktable.
Alfons and Albertina determine there are no traps.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621545 ID: a18f15

Same style of pipe as behind the muses. Maybe they can come out of there, or you can lure them out with their song?

...maybe the muses are a resource. The window showed you how many you have to call on before they run out. Not sure what they're for. (Emergency food source? Alchemical ingredient? They have a use in puzzles?).

Raise the idea, but don't try to summon any.

>what do
Someone keep an eye on the pipes so we won't be surprised if anything comes out. Someone investigate the work table, see if you can tell what it's intended purpose is.

Examine the elevator. Does it go back up? We want to know in advance if retreating to the previous floor to rest or heal is an option.

Send the two thieves to check the chests.

Last thing would be to try to activate the crystals, since the sound might summon something from the pipes.
>>
No. 621546 ID: 72c7be
File 142190785947.jpg - (91.74KB , 720x720 , D168 - F2R1 - Magic Eye.jpg )
621546

>Examine the elevator. Does it go back up? We want to know in advance if retreating to the previous floor to rest or heal is an option.

Magdalena examines the elevator, it has invisible magic runes along the walls.

:Magdalena: The Drakaina likely know how to make it go up. I might be able to force it to go up with a gravity spell, but it would be straining.

>Same style of pipe as behind the muses. Maybe they can come out of there, or you can lure them out with their song?
>...maybe the muses are a resource. The window showed you how many you have to call on before they run out. Not sure what they're for. (Emergency food source? Alchemical ingredient? They have a use in puzzles?).
>Raise the idea, but don't try to summon any.

:Albertina: "Hm. Maybe we could use those pipes to get a hold of the Muses. If we needed to that is."

>Someone keep an eye on the pipes so we won't be surprised if anything comes out.

:Luise: "I'll keep an eye on them then."

>Someone investigate the work table, see if you can tell what it's intended purpose is.

:Magdalena: "Long slit in the table, likely to hold some kind of tool or device secure."

>Send the two thieves to check the chests.

:Alfons::Albertina: "Locked."
>>
No. 621547 ID: 72c7be

rolled 2, 1, 4, 5 = 12

>Last thing would be to try to activate the crystals, since the sound might summon something from the pipes.

:Magdalena: "Leave the crystals to me."
:Alfons: "Didn't you blow one up on the first floor?"
:Magdalena: "That was merely a setback."
:Albertina: Also it was fake, these ones are real. I'm pretty sure.
:Alfons: Don't spoil the fun.
:Magdalena: I can hear you.

Luise clears her throat.

:Magdalena: Right, let's try this crystal.

10 Required
>>
No. 621550 ID: 72c7be
File 142190839739.jpg - (96.10KB , 720x720 , D170 - F2R1 - Summon Tiny Arachnids.jpg )
621550

A few touches and a bit of humming causes the crystal to produce a melody similar to the one heard in the choir chamber earlier, but raised one octave.

Two muses scurry out of the pipe, but back up and take a defensive stance upon seeing Luise.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621551 ID: 01745f

Back up the group towards the right door and see if they do anything. Maybe they will interact with the glowing crystal in some way.
>>
No. 621552 ID: a18f15

...it seems really weird that the correct solution to a puzzle would summon monsters. Normally you'd expect that of a trap.

I'm pretty sure we could easily kill them, but are we supposed to? Seems an awful lot of design just to put a monster in front of you.

Try backing (Luise) away (and taking defensive potions, if we can. We can aim, can we guard or defend?). Do they pursue, or act aggressive?

Maybe we need to hum / sing the hymn back to them?
>>
No. 621556 ID: 72c7be
File 142191038625.jpg - (96.26KB , 720x720 , D171 - F2R1 - What's the proper word for a gr.jpg )
621556

>Back up the group towards the right door and see if they do anything. Maybe they will interact with the glowing crystal in some way.
>Try backing (Luise) away (and taking defensive potions, if we can. We can aim, can we guard or defend?). Do they pursue, or act aggressive?

The group backs up and the muses approach the pillar. They begin to emit a sound at a much higher pitch than most mortals can achieve.
>>
No. 621557 ID: 72c7be
File 142191041942.jpg - (100.40KB , 720x720 , D172 - F2R1 - I think it might be a choir.jpg )
621557

The sound fills the room and lights up the other crystal, which begins a tune at a very low octave.
Two more muses come into the room and approach that crystal.
>>
No. 621558 ID: 72c7be
File 142191044369.jpg - (99.95KB , 720x720 , D173 - F2R1 - Muse Recital.jpg )
621558

They emit an extremely low sound and soon the room is filled with four muses, two glowing green crystals and sounds both much higher and much lower than the original muse tune, but following the same pattern.
>>
No. 621561 ID: 72c7be
File 142191061052.jpg - (106.34KB , 720x720 , D174 - F2R1 - Loss of Suha.jpg )
621561

rolled 3, 5, 1, 5, 1 = 15

>Maybe we need to hum / sing the hymn back to them?

:Albertina: I think we might be supposed to join in.
:Alfons: You're kidding.
:Magdalena: Worse comes to worse I can just fry them.
:Alfons: It's silly.
:Luise: Do you have a better idea?
:Alfons: ... No
:Albertina: Then it's settled.

The party attempts to sing the choir song.

14 Required
>>
No. 621562 ID: 72c7be
File 142191095772.jpg - (95.66KB , 720x720 , D175 - F2R1 - Abundant Keys.jpg )
621562

The two crystals shatter and disintegrate at the end of the song.
Everyone stops singing.

There are three keys on the floor.
:Magdalena: Sweet, dinner and a show.
:Alfons: And keys.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621563 ID: a18f15

Hmm. Wait a beat to see if the mused turn hostile, or if they just turn and go back the way they came. (We only have 45 of them in that room. If there are going to puzzles like this down 100 floors we might need to reuse them).

If they attack, kill em. (They're sensitive so music, a strongly discordant sonic blast would probably be super effective).
>>
No. 621564 ID: fd4df2

"hold up, there may be more puzzles like this further down the line, we have 100 floors and we only saw 45 of these things in that room. Lets not kill them unless we are low on food ok? "
>>
No. 621565 ID: d3be40

They might also be important to monster culture - killing them might anger a lot of monsters.

And yes, that is important because you do NOT want the monsters to gang up on you when a muse screeches its swan song across the tower pipeworks.
>>
No. 621566 ID: a18f15

>>621565
I don't want to make an argument on the basis of 'monster culture' to the priests when we already have one based on practicality and resource management.

Moot point if the muses attack, though.
>>
No. 621567 ID: 72c7be
File 142191460849.jpg - (96.76KB , 720x720 , D176 - F2R1 - Swarm Formation.jpg )
621567

>Hmm. Wait a beat to see if the mused turn hostile, or if they just turn and go back the way they came.
>"hold up, there may be more puzzles like this further down the line, we have 100 floors and we only saw 45 of these things in that room. Lets not kill them unless we are low on food ok? "
:Albertina: "How about we don't eat them."
:Magdalena: "What? Why not?"
:Albertina: "We might need them in the future. We shouldn't kill them off unless we're low on food."
:Magdalena: "We are low on food."
:Albertina: "We haven't investigated the floor yet. There was enough food on the last floor to hold us over, there might be enough on this floor."
:Magdalena: "And if there isn't they'll escape and we'll go hungry."
>>
No. 621568 ID: 72c7be
File 142191470253.jpg - (88.87KB , 720x720 , D177 - F2R1 - Skittered Away.jpg )
621568

>They might also be important to monster culture - killing them might anger a lot of monsters.
:Albertina: "Killing them might upset something in here we don't want to fight."
:Alfons: "There's something in here we don't want to fight."
:Albertina: "Better safe than sorry."
:Luise: "It's a moot point now, they've skittered away."

Gained 3 Keys.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621577 ID: d3be40

Open the chests, get moving.
>>
No. 621583 ID: a18f15

Open chests.
>>
No. 621602 ID: a18f15

Oh, and I don't suppose the tome entry on Muses updated after that?
>>
No. 621652 ID: 72c7be
File 142197249379.jpg - (24.38KB , 162x252 , D178 - The Strange Key.jpg )
621652

>Oh, and I don't suppose the tome entry on Muses updated after that?

:Albertina: "Anything new in the tome?"
:Magdalena: "Nothing important."
:Albertina: "I me-"
:Magdalena: "Nothing important."

>Open the chests, get moving.
>Open chests.

The right chest is filled with a strange key.
>>
No. 621653 ID: 72c7be
File 142197253685.jpg - (71.28KB , 792x648 , D179 - The Strange Device.jpg )
621653

The left chest is filled with an odd device.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621659 ID: 88960e

Could we have the odd device described in more detail? What's it made of, is it one piece, are are those bits attached, do any parts move?

I'm thinking maybe it's intended to mount on the table. Does that grey edge (or any other edge) line up with the slot?
>>
No. 621679 ID: 72c7be
File 142197856151.jpg - (57.71KB , 432x792 , D180 - The Strange Device Bottom View.jpg )
621679

>Could we have the odd device described in more detail?
:Albertina: It appears to be a mostly blocky device with two metal bits opposing each other, and another metal blade at the bottom. I honestly don't know what to call it. I'm sure an engineer could explain it better.

>What's it made of, is it one piece, are are those bits attached, do any parts move?
:Albertina: It appears to have some weird square screws holding the blade in place. It feels like the metal bits might be able to move but there's no way to I can tell to activate it.

>Does that grey edge (or any other edge) line up with the slot?

Magdalena inserts the device into the table, where it holds steady.

:Magdalena: Evidently yes.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621683 ID: 88960e

My guess is we're supposed to make something. That this time we're collecting parts of a machine instead of gems. If this is a tool, we're still missing the bit, a template, and the raw materials to work with. Although the odd key might be a kind of template.

Does pressing the rectangle on the side do anything? That's the only part that looks like it might be a switch.
>>
No. 621701 ID: 72c7be

>Does pressing the rectangle on the side do anything? That's the only part that looks like it might be a switch.
Author Note: That is the tang of the blade. It can be seen through an indention in the object. Sorry the art is unclear.
>>
No. 621712 ID: a18f15

>>621701
Oh. Then we're probably meant to attach another piece there. Something will slot in to interact with the blade, and the funny square screws will probably act as mounts for the part.

I think that exhausts this room. Take a door? (Right, I guess).
>>
No. 621740 ID: 72c7be
File 142200599718.jpg - (71.70KB , 1008x720 , D181 - F2Map.jpg )
621740

>I think that exhausts this room. Take a door? (Right, I guess).
:Albertina: There appear to be a lot of rights.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621762 ID: a18f15

Ah. Hallways.

Always advance to an intersection, and look both directions before advancing, to reduce the chance of being ambushed.

Put Alfons on point. If we come across any (non-sapient) monsters in the halls, he might get a surprise attack. Keep Mags in the middle of the group, so if there's a fight, they can aim spells unmolested.
>>
No. 621763 ID: 72c7be

>>621762
Author Note:The full hallway is depicted, the open ends are just where doors are. Sorry.
>>
No. 621767 ID: a18f15

Oh, haha, I was assuming fog of war / line of sight was in effect. In retrospect, we shouldn't have been able to see around the corners on the right, then.

Take the lowest of the three right hand doors.
>>
No. 621787 ID: 72c7be
File 142203687737.jpg - (106.51KB , 720x720 , D182 - F2R6 - The Broken Room.jpg )
621787

rolled 1, 3, 6 = 10

>Take the lowest of the three right hand doors.
The group enters a room with a broken floor and two chargers.

8 Required.
>>
No. 621788 ID: 72c7be
File 142203714363.jpg - (137.73KB , 720x720 , D183 - F2R6 - Advantage.jpg )
621788

The group reacts faster than the monsters.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621794 ID: a18f15

Okay. Mags, aim, and drop the one in the upper right. Don't use gravity. The floor's already damaged, it might collapse further, and take us with it.

Everyone else, screen Mags from the southern one and try attacking. Maybe we'll roll a lucky critical and get past the defense.

Albertina might be able to get away not moving and aiming a dagger?
>>
No. 621802 ID: 72c7be
File 142204235833.jpg - (147.23KB , 720x720 , D184 - F2R6 - Charging.jpg )
621802

>screen Mags from the southern one
Luise moves 2 spaces. [-1 AP]
Luise draws her mace. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

Alfons moves 2 spaces. [-1 AP]
Alfons draws his sword. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

>Albertina might be able to get away not moving and aiming a dagger.
Albertina draw their dagger. [-1 AP]
Albertina takes aim at the southern charger. +2 Accuracy. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

>Okay. Mags, aim, and drop the one in the upper right. Don't use gravity.
:Magdalena: I need to move in closer to hit with sound, and can't aim light from where I am.

Magdalena moves 2 spaces. [-1 AP]
Magdalena takes aim at the northern charger. +2 Accuracy. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

The Northern Charger prepares for an attack. [-3 AP, Turn Over]
The Southern Charger prepares for an attack. [-3 AP, Turn Over]

Input Required.
>>
No. 621804 ID: 88960e

Mags, fire. Everyone else what shots you can at the southern one, and then use all remaining AP to scatter. (If the chargers move in straight lines, north and east might work?).
>>
No. 621831 ID: d3be40

Wait, can't you just retreat back into the previous room and cast gravity until the floor breaks? I mean, the two doors are connected to the same hallway, so it's not like you're burning bridges here.

Well, just kill them already. Have Luise retreat the moment she takes damage. Throwing daggers might not be the best solution this particular time, since the floor might give way and leave the daggers plummeting into the next floor.
>>
No. 621835 ID: 88960e

>Wait, can't you just retreat back into the previous room and cast gravity until the floor breaks?
Because if we kill them by dropping them down a floor (or further) we can't eat the bodies.
>>
No. 621854 ID: 72c7be
File 142206690186.jpg - (152.10KB , 720x720 , D185 - F2R6 - Calling your attacks.jpg )
621854

rolled 5, 1, 5 = 11

>Mags, fire.

:Magdalena: Let there be light!
:Luise: ...Seriously?

6 Required.
>>
No. 621856 ID: 72c7be
File 142206733998.jpg - (141.72KB , 720x720 , D186 - F2R6 - Throwing Your Weapon Always Works.jpg )
621856

rolled 1, 6, 2, 1 = 10

The northern charger takes one damage!

:Magdalena: Oh fuck, they're going to take up almost the whole room.

Magdalena moves 3 spaces. [-1 AP, Turn Over]

>Everyone else what shots you can at the southern one
Albertina tosses their dagger at the southern charger. [-2 AP]

10 Required
>>
No. 621857 ID: 72c7be
File 142206771050.jpg - (142.47KB , 720x720 , D187 - F2R6 - Step Up And Strike.jpg )
621857

rolled 2, 4 = 6

The southern charger takes one damage!

>north and east might work

Albertina moves 2 spaces. [ -1 AP, Turn Over]

Alfons steps up and swings his sword. [-2 AP]
>>
No. 621860 ID: 72c7be
File 142206790285.jpg - (148.15KB , 720x720 , D188 - F2R6 - FaceSmasher.jpg )
621860

rolled 5, 4 = 9

>north and east might work
Alfons moves 2 spaces. [-1 AP, Turn Over]

Luise steps up and swings her mace. [-2 AP]
>>
No. 621865 ID: 72c7be
File 142206895021.jpg - (257.03KB , 720x720 , D189 - F2R6 - So many Charge Puns.jpg )
621865

rolled 2, 4, 2, 6, 1 = 15

>north and east might work
Luise moves 4 spaces. [-1 AP, Turn Over]

The Northern Charger sprints into a charge, releasing a burst of lightning as at the beginning and end.
Albertina is caught in the magical attack.

Albertina Magic Defense: 14
>>
No. 621867 ID: d3be40

Well, that's new.

I think Albertina can soak up the damage, for now. Stab the charger!

And be careful, it might be able to charge diagonally!
>>
No. 621874 ID: 72c7be
File 142207010153.jpg - (288.66KB , 720x720 , D190 - F2R6 - Unfortunate Positioning.jpg )
621874

rolled 4, 1, 3, 4, 5 = 17

Albertina takes one lightning damage.
:Albertina: Oh god, what’s happening.
:Magdalena: You’ll be able to move in a moment.
:Alfons: “Shake it off!”

The Northern Charger spends the rest of its turn recharging.

The Southern Charger launch its attack, slamming past Luise and Alfons

Luise and Alfons Physical Defense: 14
>>
No. 621876 ID: 72c7be
File 142207025683.jpg - (144.16KB , 720x720 , D191 - F2R6 - Chargers Suck.jpg )
621876

Luise and Alfons take one damage and are knocked to the ground.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621882 ID: d3be40

It charged diagonally.

Magdalena, move up and kill the one on the left!
Albertina, stab slash kill!
>>
No. 621887 ID: 88960e

Shit. They can go diagonal. We would could have dodged more of that, but only if we'd known the pattern in advance.

Mags, aim and fire a sound attack north. That should kill the right one, and maybe the left, if the walls will reflect the attack. (If Mags doesn't move, they can aim and attack this turn).

Everyone else, do what you can to hit the other one, or help each other up.
>>
No. 621888 ID: 01745f

Prioritize the one on the right; there is no knockback from their charges a pit opposite the one on the left, so if that one charges again it will go in the hole.
>>
No. 621895 ID: 72c7be
File 142207786505.jpg - (144.71KB , 720x720 , D192 - F2R6 - Light Ray.jpg )
621895

rolled 3, 1 = 4

>Magdalena, move up
>Prioritize the one on the right

Magdalena aims at the one on the right. +1 Accuracy. [-1 AP]
Magdalena casts light at the right charger. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 621899 ID: 72c7be
File 142207900634.jpg - (147.54KB , 720x720 , D193 - F2R6 - Attack Prep.jpg )
621899

Magdalena's attack misses horribly.

>Prioritize the one on the right
Albertina draws their sword. [-2 AP]
Albertina moves 3 spaces. [-1 AP, Turn Over]

>Everyone else, do what you can to hit the other one
Luise gets up. [-1 AP]
Luise moves 2 spaces. [-1 AP]
Luise aims at the one on the left. +1 Accuracy. [-1 AP, Turn Over]

Alfons gets up. [-1 AP]
Aflons moves 1 space. [-1 AP]
Alfons aims at the one on the left. +1 Accuracy. [-1 AP, Turn Over]

The western Charger begins charging for an attack. [-3 AP, Turn Over]
The eastern Charger begins charging for an attack. [-3 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 621900 ID: 72c7be
File 142207903674.jpg - (148.94KB , 720x720 , D194 - F2R6 - Backslash.jpg )
621900

rolled 1, 6, 2 = 9

>Prioritize the one on the right
Albertina aims their strike. +1 Accuracy [-1 AP]
Albertina attacks and moves back one space. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 621902 ID: 72c7be
File 142207921857.jpg - (148.21KB , 720x720 , D195 - F2R6 - Out of Titles.jpg )
621902

rolled 1, 4 = 5

>Prioritize the one on the right
Magdalena aims at the eastern charger. [-1 AP]
Magdalena attacks the eastern charger with light. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 621905 ID: 72c7be
File 142207944797.jpg - (149.06KB , 720x720 , D196 - F2R6 - Error Correction.jpg )
621905

Author Note: For some reason I never moved Alfons’ position. Sorry.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621908 ID: a18f15

Shit. Why did Mags move for light! They could have hit either of them with the sound spell's spread, saving an AP for move aim.

Mags, don't move, aim, and shoot the one on the right.

Albertina, aim, throw your second dagger at the one on the left. If it doesn't die, move one space north. That should put you out of the way of the left one attacking on a strait or diagonal.

If it's still not dead. Aflons. Move 1 NW, attack. If it's still alive, step back 2S, 1E.

Luise should end the turn 3S of her current position.

That puts everyone but Mags on a safe square from lefty's attacks east, south, or south east. Mags will take a hit if it goes east. ...also I'm not sure if we have a limit of move spaces a turn, since we don't seem to spend AP for it. Alfons might end up stuck in the danger zone? If so, he might as well burn all his ap on aiming instead of retreating.
>>
No. 621909 ID: 72c7be
File 142208170825.jpg - (142.88KB , 720x720 , D197 - F2R6 - Information.jpg )
621909

rolled 4, 2, 6 = 12

>Shit. Why did Mags move for light! They could have hit either of them with the sound spell's spread, saving an AP for move aim.

Help Menu:
Move and Attack: A character equipped with a primary weapon may move one space and attack by spending 2 AP. Because attacking already costs 2 AP there is no benefit to not moving and then attacking.

>I'm not sure if we have a limit of move spaces a turn

Help Menu:
Move: A normal, unhurt character can move 5 spaces for the cost of 1 AP.

>Aflons. Move 1 NW, attack.

Alfons moves forward and attacks. [-2 AP]
>>
No. 621911 ID: 72c7be
File 142208219445.jpg - (143.58KB , 720x720 , D198 - F2R6 - Killed Charger.jpg )
621911

Alfon's strike fells the western charger.

Alfons has 1 AP left, Luise has 3 AP left.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621912 ID: a18f15

Alfons, use your last AP to move 1S. That puts you in the safe zone.

Only Luise has any AP left? Uh, shit. Mags and Albetina are in the line of fire, and Luise is not gonna kill that thing in one hit.

...could Luise shove Albertina 1 SE? And pull Mags towards onto her square? (And step off 1 SW to vacate, if necessary). That puts everyone on safe squares, and takes 3 actions. Even if it knocks Mags and Albertina over so they have to waste AP getting up next turn, it's worth it.
>>
No. 621914 ID: 72c7be
File 142208419307.jpg - (138.13KB , 720x720 , D199 - F2R6 - Telepathic Aim.jpg )
621914

rolled 2, 5, 2, 5, 1 = 15

>Alfons, use your last AP to move 1S. That puts you in the safe zone.
Alfons moves one space south. [-1 AP, Turn Over]

>could Luise shove Albertina 1 SE?
Luise takes aim at Albertina. +3 Accuracy![-1 AP]
Luise attempts to shove Albertina out of the way of the charger's attack. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 621915 ID: a18f15

...really hoping we don't overshoot and push Albertina over the edge.
>>
No. 621916 ID: 72c7be
File 142208452587.jpg - (245.43KB , 720x720 , D200 - F2R6 - Oh dear.jpg )
621916

rolled 3, 4, 2, 5, 5 = 19

Albertina goes tumbling towards the pit!

The charger leaps forward, attempting to slam into Magdalena.
At the end of it's charge it slams into the dead charger, impaling itself on the other's spikes.
>>
No. 621917 ID: 72c7be
File 142208473411.jpg - (129.65KB , 720x720 , D201 - F2R6 - Albertina.jpg )
621917

rolled 5, 2 = 7

Magdalena takes one damage.

Albertina feels the floor cracking under them and attempts to dash back to the rest of the group.
10 Required.
>>
No. 621918 ID: a18f15

...gravity up?
>>
No. 621920 ID: 72c7be
File 142208527579.jpg - (125.80KB , 720x720 , D202 - F2R6 - The Fall.jpg )
621920

rolled 1 = 1

Albertina falls into the pit.

>...gravity up?
Magdalena attempts to stop Albertina's fall.

6 Required.
>>
No. 621921 ID: 72c7be
File 142208564018.jpg - (249.60KB , 700x700 , D202 - Party Menu - Failure .jpg )
621921

Magdalena fails to save Albertina.
Albertina’s quick reflexes reduce the damage taken from the fall into the spiked pit to 2!
Albertina notices something shining in the spiked pit.

:Albertina: I’m alive… for now.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621922 ID: a18f15

Well. Um. Wow. That was a comedy of errors.

I can't believed Albertina survived that screwup.

Um. First step. Can Albertina see their surroundings? The pit is kind of dark from above. Could Mags cast a (non hadoken beam) light over the pit to illuminate?

We don't have any rope, which is unfortunate. Unless we can make some out of the hide / pelts of the chargers? That's not the part you would eat, anyways.
>>
No. 621923 ID: d3be40

Damnit. Albertina could seriously die. Does she have any health potions?

Alright, priority one: find a way back up. Maybe there's a way to collapse the floor so that it forms a ramp. That might attract monsters, though.

Let's just see what Albertina sees.
>>
No. 621926 ID: 72c7be
File 142209153406.jpg - (108.43KB , 800x476 , D203 - F2R6 - Fel .jpg )
621926

>Can Albertina see their surroundings? The pit is kind of dark from above.
:Albertina: It's dark from below too. Except for this red glow.

>Could Mags cast a light over the pit to illuminate?
:Magdalena: Of course, such a task would be trivial.

>Unless we can make some out of the hide / pelts of the chargers? That's not the part you would eat, anyways.
None of the current characters know how to make rope form hide.

The pit is illuminated by Magdalena.

>Let's just see what Albertina sees.
:Magdalena: "Anything down there?"
:Albertina: "Yeah..."

:Luise: Do you need help?
:AlbertinaRuffled: I would have prefer not to be pushed down here to begin with!
:Luise: Sorry I-

Magdalena bursts out in laughter.

:Magdalena: You look hilarious with your feathers all ruffled.

Albertina turns red with embarrassment and holds her hair in place.

:Albertina: "Can we focus on the problem, please?!"

Input Required.
>>
No. 621927 ID: d3be40

1. Take axe.
2. Chop off all the spike pits.
3. Move the spikes to one side of the room.
4. Cast gravity and get out of there.
>>
No. 621933 ID: 72c7be
File 142209885129.jpg - (116.82KB , 720x720 , D205 - F2R6 - Regroup.jpg )
621933

Alfons harvests the bodies in silence while the other bicker.
Gained 4 food.

>Take axe.
Gained Mysterious Axe.

>Chop off all the spikes.
:Albertina: They're made of metal...

>Cast gravity and get out of there.

Magdalena levitates Albertina out of the pit.
The strain from the task reduces their morale by one.

:Alfons: "That's an odd looking axe."
:Magdalena: "Considering the fresh blood on it, I'd wager blood magic."

Luise checks her tome.

:Luise: "It's a fallen weapon. They're apparently found in a variety of pits throughout the dungeon. Blood magic makes them more potent than normal weapons, but they'll eventually rust unless sated."
:Albertina: "So you have to keep killing things with it. How is that a drawback?"
:Magdalena: "Well it's blood magic for one."
:Luise: "More to the point, it requires excessive amounts of mortal or drakaina blood."
:Alfons: "Define excessive."
:Luise: "The blood in one body will sate it for a day."
:Alfons: "That's not terribly excessive."
:Magdalena: "Maybe we can trade it..."
:Alfons: "I think we should use it."
:Luise: "No one here brought an axe with them, so even if we did…"
:Alfons: "It can't be that different from using a sword."

Input Required.
>>
No. 621949 ID: d3be40

Look, maybe Agnes knows more about this weapon. You may as well trade it to her for well-needed gear, like a spare shield or herbs.

The axe might be cursed or sentient, but you can just let it rust, right? Or throw it at a particularly strong monster.
>>
No. 621957 ID: a18f15

Geeze, do we ever level up? More hp would be super nice.

>The blood in one body will sate it for a day
Well, there shouldn't be any other mortals down here to feed to it. And so far, we've encountered drakaina at a rate of less than 1 per day.

Less than that, if we're counting drakaina we couldn't avoid combat with.

>blood axe drawbacks
So the weapon rusts if we don't give it enough of the right kind of blood. Worst case, we can't keep it fed and it only grants us a temporary advantage.

Right? Or is there another drawback to using a blood weapon? It wouldn't compel the wielder to feed it by murdering us or something terrible, right?

...what kept it from rusting before we found it, I wonder. We've been in the dungeon more than a day. Was something feeding it?

>>621949
Getting the elevator to go back up is apparently non-trivial, and Agnes' shop isn't open yet.

>situation
Our bigger problem is we've got two people with only 1 hp, and not enough healing pots to go around. Or enough food to rest for long (I think? Do we have to rest a day to recover hp?).
>>
No. 621959 ID: 72c7be
File 142211633680.jpg - (251.14KB , 700x700 , D206 - Party Menu - Food and Pots.jpg )
621959

>Well, there shouldn't be any other mortals down here to feed to it.
:Aflons: It would have to have a rather powerful enchantment to justify sacrificing a party member.

>And so far, we've encountered drakaina at a rate of less than 1 per day.
:Alfons: Yesterday we encountered one, if today we encounter another that might make it sufficient.

>The axe might be cursed or sentient, but you can just let it rust, right? Or throw it at a particularly strong monster.
>So the weapon rusts if we don't give it enough of the right kind of blood. Worst case, we can't keep it fed and it only grants us a temporary advantage.
>Right? Or is there another drawback to using a blood weapon? It wouldn't compel the wielder to feed it by murdering us or something terrible, right?
:Luise: As far as I can tell there aren't any other drawbacks. If there are the Tome of Chaos doesn't mention it.
:Magdalena: I wouldn't trust blood magic to not have nasty side effects.

>...what kept it from rusting before we found it, I wonder. We've been in the dungeon more than a day. Was something feeding it?
:Luise: It's creation could have involved the sacrifice of many innocents, which have kept it sated for as long as it's been down here.
:Alfons: In other words, we don't know how many days there are left before it rusts.

>Our bigger problem is we've got two people with only 1 hp, and not enough healing pots to go around. Or enough food to rest for long.
Food Total: 5

>Do we have to rest a day to recover hp?.
Help Menu: Effectiveness of Sleep
Resting for 21 days recovers 1 health.

Input Required.
>>
No. 621961 ID: fef726

Right, Health Potion to Albertina and we'll have to keep Mags outta the line of fire.

Lets move on. Lowest Left door maybe?
>>
No. 621962 ID: a18f15

Oh. Right. We didn't recover any hp from rest, it was all potion chugging in the morning. We can only stay alive so long as we can collect / make potions faster than we can can take damage. ...we're playing a party of all deep dwarves, only without the damage reduction, or the option of a god who can heal us.

>It's creation could have involved the sacrifice of many innocents
Innocent... whats? I mean, unless they spent thousands of people to keep it going for years, that implies it's creation was fairly recent.

Which means there has to have been a source of innocents. Which leads to one of two uncomfortable explanations. Either there are innocent drakaina being spent to produce them down here (the priests won't like that idea) or something or someone is taking innocents from the surface. We thought this dungeon only claimed four lives a year. If it needs to be restocked with blood weapons annually, the cost may be much higher.

>Tome doesn't mention other drawbacks
In light of say, the entry on muses, I wouldn't be surprised if something has been left out.

>use blood weapon?
If Alfons wants to try it, I guess he can. We're short enough on resources we can't afford to be too choosy.

Just please remember it may have other effects, and to please listen to us if we start to see if affect you.
>>
No. 621965 ID: 72c7be
File 142212096417.jpg - (91.41KB , 432x1152 , D207 - F2R2 - The Throne Room.jpg )
621965

>Right, Health Potion to Albertina and we'll have to keep Mags outta the line of fire.

Albertina drinks a healing potion and recovers one wound.
Luise takes her medicine while the party is shuffling gear around.

>the option of a god who can heal us.
:Luise: Ghaliya, Goddess of Healing and Mutation would be the one to pray to for healing, but... prayer is only so effective.

>If Alfons wants to try it, I guess he can.
:Albertina: "... Alright, here you go. Just let us know if you here any strange voices."
:Alfons: "I'll be sure to check in, doc."

>Lets move on. Lowest Left door maybe?
The group enters an odd room with a throne, a table, and two large mechanical looking devices.
>>
No. 621966 ID: 72c7be
File 142212098486.jpg - (37.02KB , 108x180 , D208 - Necromancer.jpg )
621966

:NecromancerDescender: "A group of monsters wander into my lair, not a one without a scratch."

Input Required.
>>
No. 621967 ID: fef726

Introduce yourselves and ask for a peaceful conversation.
>>
No. 621968 ID: a18f15

>healing and mutation
Why hello there, Xom.

>necromancer
Aw hell. We are not in any shape to fight through a bunch of undead if they can summon some to their defense. Necromancers always have minions.

Trap analysis: what's in this room? Those blocks next to us are kind of conspicuous. Is that a table or a block in the middle? With.. place-settings along the edge? Or slots for some kind of a trap.

Altogether, this room looks a pretty bad place for a fight. We have to close all the way across the room, tempting traps from the suspicious looking furniture, reinforcements (necromancers always have minions) from any of the doors, and possibly weathering ranged magic attacks just to get to melee range. And mages have magic resistance, so we can't rely on Mags to blow them away at range, necessarily.

If it comes to a fight, I'd be more inclined to retreat and face them somewhere else.

Make sure you thought-tell your companions what you're doing this time. No surprise deals, but you're going to see if you can talk us out of a fight, because really, this is a bad tactical situation. And yes, we're already hurting.

>A group of monsters wander into my lair, not a one without a scratch.
Is this the hospitality of your table? (Assuming that's a table).

I mean you no harm, unless you would attack us. We passed one of your kin on the floor above, unharmed.
>>
No. 621969 ID: 72c7be
File 142212286601.jpg - (91.68KB , 432x1152 , D209 - F2R2 - Accord.jpg )
621969

rolled 2, 6, 6, 5 = 19

>Trap analysis: what's in this room? Those blocks next to us are kind of conspicuous. Is that a table or a block in the middle? With.. place-settings along the edge? Or slots for some kind of a trap.
Albertina and Alfons detect no traps. The markings on the table appear to be setting indications and nothing more.

>Altogether, this room looks a pretty bad place for a fight.
:Albertina: We don't want to fight here or now.
:Alfons: We can't make friends with every monster we come across.
:Luise: If nothing else avoiding conflict is tactically the wise idea.
:Magdalena: She has a staff with a skull on it, she's probably some kind of blood mage.

>If it comes to a fight, I'd be more inclined to retreat and face them somewhere else.
:Albertina: Get ready to run, we might not be able to take her.

>Introduce yourselves and ask for a peaceful conversation.
>I mean you no harm, unless you would attack us.

:Albertina: "I am Albertina of Skygate. I was hoping we could have a peaceful talk."
:NecromancerDescender: "There is no peace among the living, a lie will get you nowhere with Melitta of Tartarus"

>Is this the hospitality of your table? (Assuming that's a table).
>We passed one of your kin on the floor above, unharmed.
:Albertina: "We met Agnes last floor and managed to strike an accord, I'm sure we could arrange something here."

14 Required
>>
No. 621971 ID: 72c7be
File 142212321297.jpg - (92.17KB , 432x1152 , D210 - F2R2 - Audience.jpg )
621971

:NecromancerDescender: "The sentinel? She was very determined to kill your kind last I noticed her."
:Albertina: "We're not here to hurt you, or her, or anyone. We just want this to end."
:NecromancerDescender: "You have your audience. What is it you seek?"

Input Required.
>>
No. 621972 ID: a18f15

>Ghaliya
Wait, now that I think of it, she wasn't mentioned in the opening. How many more gods besides the 5 that each have a race associated with them?

>What is it you seek?
In the short term? Survival. We cannot leave. We have no recourse but to continue descending and slaying beasts or we'll stave.

Long term? I want this not to be necessary. I don't want there to be a reason to bind people to tomes and send them to their deaths. I doubt you and yours are happy with the current situation, either.

>genocide, deicide?
If this come up, honestly say you don't know. If one side were completely dead, that might end things. You're not comfortable with that though, and even if you were to commit to it, you have doubts you could pull it off.

(Trying to stick to ideas you've already raised with the party, so you're not catching them by surprise, again. And I tried to pick goals they'd agree with- they're just willing to approach the ends differently than you).

>thought
...what are the descenders told the actual objective is? The opening explicitly labels them as sacrifices. Not as chosen who are supposed to escape with an artifact, slay a god, or succeed by genocide the entire population of the tower.
>>
No. 621973 ID: fef726

Dat diplomacy roll. Jeesh, well done Albertina.
>>
No. 621978 ID: 72c7be
File 142212586274.jpg - (92.13KB , 432x1152 , D211 - F2R2 - Ire.jpg )
621978

>...what are the descenders told the actual objective is?
:Albertina: Find a way to stop Echidna.
:Alfons: Wipe out the monsters.
:Magdalena: Accept my duty.
:Luise: Make peace with my death.

>Wait, now that I think of it, she wasn't mentioned in the opening. How many more gods besides the 5 that each have a race associated with them?
:Luise: I know of thirty gods, not including the Elder Gods and Echidna. There may be more.

>In the short term? Survival. We cannot leave. We have no recourse but to continue descending and slaying beasts or we'll stave.
:Albertina: "I- We just want to get by. We can't go back and the only thing we have to eat are the beasts, so we keep descending."
:NecromancerDescender: "Harvesting the children of Echidna will win you no favors."
:Albertina: "We're not hurting anyone who thinks. But we have to get by somehow. I mean... what do you eat?"
:NecromancerDescender: "The hearts of fallen creatures."
:Albertina: "... So basically the same thing."
:NecromancerDescender: "A fair statement. But what will you do when you reach the bottom?"

>Long term? I want this not to be necessary. I don't want there to be a reason to bind people to tomes and send them to their deaths. I doubt you and yours are happy with the current situation, either.

:Albertina: "Find a way to stop this. This cycle wastes everyone's lives."
:NecromancerDescender: "After countless deaths one of your kind finally realizes your ancestors actions were foolish? Perhaps you can rise above the rank of monsters after all."
:Magdalena: ... Can we just kill her?

Input Required.
>>
No. 621983 ID: fef726

The people who made this tower necessary are long dead. All that are left are the sacrifices to a cause no longer necessary.

Ask her if she can help us proceed without the death of anyone happening. No more people should die for this macabre game.

As an aside I wonder if the chests with strange insides are part of of a multi-floor puzzle involving all the muses in that room.

They are probably all music boxes as well.
>>
No. 621986 ID: d3be40

Explain that traditionally, the four civilizations on the surface send in their strongest champion to the tower to represent their worth. However, the tradition has degenerated into a sacrifice of four individuals who couldn't integrate into society. You're as much a victim as the sisters; forced into a 100-floor deathtrap with no food or water and filled to the brim with feral creatures. ANYONE could turn into a monster here; you were lucky to negotiate with one of the sisters before you did.

Barter the blood axe (be sure to place it on the table, in plain view) in exchange for medical supplies. Then explain that you're on your way to rescue Scylla.
>>
No. 621990 ID: a18f15

>objectives
So they're vague, and not necessarily consistent. That's helpful.

Stopping Echidna could, in theory, be achieved any number of ways. From killing her, to getting her to change or abandon her objective, to somehow rendering her unable to act (denying or removing her access to agents in the world?).

Doing your duty obviously depends on what exactly that duty is. (Which could have been as simple as entering the tower). That, and accepting duty isn't the same as doing something- it's purely mental.

Making peace with death implies we're supposed to die down here, but not necessarily. You could have a quest where you make peace with your own mortality without immediately succumbing. And as she's already died once, it could mean coming to terms with that in some way she hasn't, yet.

Wiping out the monsters is probably the most straightforward. The only ambiguity is who or what the monsters are.

>Can we just kill her?
If she's not attacking us, all that accomplishes is risking further injury.

And this room still makes me leery of combat. Too many doors things could come in though, and the narrow size really helps a mage with area attacks versus a group.

>After countless deaths one of your kind finally realizes your ancestors actions were foolish?
...I can't speak for those who came before us, but I would like to hope they also wanted this to end.

>>621986
>barter blood axe
Do not attempt to trade Alfon's weapon without his consent or prior agreement.
>>
No. 622037 ID: 72c7be
File 142214897060.jpg - (91.95KB , 432x1152 , D212 - F2R2 - Diplomacy.jpg )
622037

rolled 2, 2, 5, 5 = 14

>Can we just kill her?
>If she's not attacking us, all that accomplishes is risking further injury.
:Albertina: No! I think we're getting somewhere. Besides we don't want to get ourselves hurt.

>After countless deaths one of your kind finally realizes your ancestors actions were foolish?
>...I can't speak for those who came before us, but I would like to hope they also wanted this to end.
:Albertina: "I would hope I'm not the first."
:NecromancerDescender: "I hope you stay alive long enough to see that hope slowly wither and die."
:Albertina: "Th-thanks?"
:NecromancerDescender: "You're welcome."

>Then explain that you're on your way to rescue Scylla.
:Albertina: "Right now, we're trying to get to the ten- ninetieth floor to rescue Scylla"
:NecromancerDescender: "A surprising goal if true."

>The people who made this tower necessary are long dead. All that are left are the sacrifices to a cause no longer necessary.
:Albertina: "Anyways. Those people are dead, what matters is we help the people suffering from the effects of the tower now."
:NecromancerDescender: "And if Scylla asks you to help Echidna?"
:Albertina: "... ... We'll see."

Magdalena and Alfons outrage is palpable.

>Ask her if she can help us proceed without the death of anyone happening. No more people should die for this macabre game.
:Albertina: "Please, is there any way you can help us?"

14 Required.
>>
No. 622041 ID: a18f15

>"And if Scylla asks you to help Echidna?"
If Echidna seeks the perpetuation of this cycle, or the destruction of our people, I think we'd have some pretty obvious objections there.

(Also, geeze. Watch it, Albertina. These negotiations are as much a game of winning the other over as not completely alienating your allies!).

>14 for 14
Holy crap, do we get lucky rolls for diplomacy.
>>
No. 622043 ID: 72c7be
File 142215029914.jpg - (93.73KB , 432x1152 , D213 - F2R2 - Axe Diplomacy.jpg )
622043

The drakaina sighs.
:NecromancerDescender: "Very well. I picked up this key earlier, you'll need it for the door downstairs."

Acquired one key.

>Do not attempt to trade Alfon's weapon without his consent or prior agreement.
:Albertina: We could trade her the axe.
:Magdalena: Do not give the blood mage something that wants to drink our blood.
:Alfons: I agree.

>Barter the blood axe (be sure to place it on the table, in plain view) in exchange for medical supplies.
:Albertina: We need healing potions!
:Alfons: ... Fair point. See what she has to offer.

:Albertina: "We found this enchanted axe recently... would you be interested in it?"
:NecromancerDescender: "What are you looking for in exchange?"
:Albertina: "Healing potions?"
:NecromancerDescender: "I have none."

Input Required.
>>
No. 622044 ID: a18f15

Well, unless Melitta sees fit to make a counter offer, I think that concludes our business, here.

Time to excuse ourselves and go back to searching rooms.

>key
Is it a weird shape, like the last one?
>>
No. 622081 ID: fef726

Thank her for her time and for not fighting us.

I think we need healing potions more then we need anything else and there is a locked chest upstairs we never opened.

So, time to ... SPLIT THE PARTY! Dun Dun Dun

Proceed back to the Muse room.

Albertina should go to unlock that chest a floor up. Luise and Mags should cook the food. Ask Alfons if he is willing to scout the various rooms ahead. With how bad our accuracy is we need to make plans before we enter battle again.
>>
No. 622082 ID: d3be40

Okay.

So... do you want to team up temporarily in exchange for the axe?

(Because seriously, your party is now in critical condition. An axe you can afford to lose, not a party member.)
>>
No. 622086 ID: a18f15

>>622081
Where was the chest we missed? The only one I think we skipped was in Alfons' entry-room, and Mags went back to open that one while Alfons and Albertina were playing with the trapped music-crystals.

It's also worth noting we currently can't go back up unless we brute-force the elevator with gravity. Unless Melitta is willing to discuss how we make them go up.

>>622082
Um. We've had a very hard time selling not-killing these guys, and negotiating with them.

I'm pretty sure Albertina suggesting we directly work with the evil monster blood mage, while letting her carry the blood axe that wants to eat us, is going to get us lynched. Especially after that reaction to the helping Echidna hypothetical.

I don't want to roll for crisis of faith again. If the party splits right here this peaceful negotiation could suddenly turn into a 3 way fight.
>>
No. 622091 ID: fef726

>>622086
Previous floor there was one remaining chest that needed a key which had none. We just got 3 keys and are in desperate need of health potions. Going with Mags at only 1 health is just asking for her to die.
>>
No. 622097 ID: 01745f

>>622044
Yep. It was nice not fighting you to the death.
>>
No. 622100 ID: 72c7be
File 142217676034.jpg - (87.75KB , 1008x720 , D214 - F2Map.jpg )
622100

>key
>Is it a weird shape, like the last one?
The key is a standard key.

>Well, unless Melitta sees fit to make a counter offer, I think that concludes our business, here.
>Time to excuse ourselves and go back to searching rooms.
>Thank her for her time and for not fighting us.
>Yep. It was nice not fighting you to the death.
:Albertina: "Thank you for your time, we'll be on our way."
:NecromancerDescender: "Try not to die too horrible a death."

>So, time to ... SPLIT THE PARTY! Dun Dun Dun
:Albertina: "Perhaps we should split up."
:Alfons: "We could get more done, but we're weaker that way."

>Ask Alfons if he is willing to scout the various rooms ahead. With how bad our accuracy is we need to make plans before we enter battle again.
:Albertina: "Yes, but we could scout ahead, it might help us survive better."
:Alfons: "Or it might get us killed."

>Luise and Mags should cook the food.
:Albertina: "It could also save some time. We could have some of us cook while some of us explore."
:Luise: "It's not the worst idea."
:Magdalena: "No, that was negotiating with a blood mage."

>Previous floor there was one remaining chest that needed a key which had none.
>I think we need healing potions more then we need anything else and there is a locked chest upstairs we never opened.
>Albertina should go to unlock that chest a floor up.
>Where was the chest we missed? The only one I think we skipped was in Alfons' entry-room, and Mags went back to open that one while Alfons and Albertina were playing with the trapped music-crystals.
>It's also worth noting we currently can't go back up unless we brute-force the elevator with gravity. Unless Melitta is willing to discuss how we make them go up.

All chest on the first floor were cleared out. This is where the extra herbs and bottles Magdalena retrieved came from.

>We just got 3 keys and are in desperate need of health potions.
2 Keys, 1 Unusual Key

Input Required.
>>
No. 622101 ID: fef726

Upper right door then.
>>
No. 622102 ID: 72c7be
File 142218470174.jpg - (48.81KB , 432x432 , D215 - F2R4 - Empty Room.jpg )
622102

>Upper right door then.
:Luise: “It’s… empty?”
Albertina and Alfons check for traps.
There are no traps in this room.
:Alfons: “I… guess so.”

Input Required.
>>
No. 622103 ID: fef726

Something invisible maybe? I guess do a physical sweep of the place and then if still nothing go through upper left door?
>>
No. 622125 ID: a18f15

Hm. Maybe move Albertina back against the wall with everyone else, and Mags could try a low powered sonic pulse? If there's something hidden here, that might reveal it. (Well, invisible stuff, at least. If there's a hidden door, maybe not so much).
>>
No. 622137 ID: 72c7be
File 142221074257.jpg - (78.85KB , 432x432 , D216 - F2R4 - Sonic.jpg )
622137

rolled 1, 1, 1 = 3

>Something invisible maybe?
>Maybe move Albertina back against the wall with everyone else, and Mags could try a low powered sonic pulse?
>If there's something hidden here, that might reveal it.

Magdalena casts a low power sound spell, which echoes uncomfortably through the chamber but causes no damage.

14 Required.
>>
No. 622140 ID: 72c7be
File 142221170093.jpg - (81.18KB , 648x720 , D217 - F2R4 - This Again.jpg )
622140

rolled 3, 5, 1, 3 = 12

The party is caught completely off guard.

>If there's a hidden door, maybe not so much.
:PursuerDescender: Not again.

A pursuer smashes through a secret door on the other side of the room.

It immediately moves toward and attempts to bite at Magdalena.
>>
No. 622142 ID: 72c7be
File 142221212502.jpg - (99.85KB , 648x720 , D218 - F2R4 - Desperation.jpg )
622142

Magdalena takes one point of damage.
Luise takes the damage instead, saving Magdalena’s life.

:PursuerDescender: I’m going to die… I can’t die… I’m too young to die.

Input Required.
>>
No. 622143 ID: a18f15

Dem natural ones.

Mags and Luise both have 1hp. We have no pots and no room to use telepathy to avoid damage.

Mags, Luise, retreat. Back through the door.

Albertina, Alfons, close, aim, and attack. (One of you be sure to stand in front of the door. So it can't strait line after, and hoping phasing only works within rooms). Time for that new axe to prove itself.
>>
No. 622145 ID: 72c7be
File 142221505153.jpg - (122.30KB , 1080x792 , D219 - F2 - Horizons.jpg )
622145

rolled 2, 2 = 4

>Mags and Luise both have 1hp. We have no pots and no room to use telepathy to avoid damage.
>Mags, Luise, retreat. Back through the door.

Magdalena expends one morale to ignore their wound penalties. [-0 AP]
Magdalena moves 10 spaces. [-2 AP]
Magdalena draws her dagger. [-1 AP, Turn Over]

Luise expends one morale to ignore her wound penalties. [-0 AP]
Luise moves 10 spaces. [-2 AP]
Luise draws her dagger. [-1 AP, Turn Over]

:Luise: If we go through here we can put more distance between us and the creature.
:Magdalena: No way, the blood mage is just waiting to ambush us. Besides, Alfons might need our help.

>One of you be sure to stand in front of the door.
>Time for that new axe to prove itself.
Alfons draws the Fallen Axe. [-2 AP]
Alfons moves 1 space. [-1 AP, Turn Over]

>Albertina, Alfons, close, aim, and attack.

Albertina draws their dagger. [-1 AP]
Albertina attacks. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 622151 ID: 72c7be
File 142221626644.jpg - (90.11KB , 720x504 , D220 - F2 - Pursuit.jpg )
622151

The Pursuer moves 7 spaces, phasing through the walls. [-3 AP, Turn Over]

Input Required.
>>
No. 622152 ID: fef726

Mags, Luis... well FUCK.

Luis and Mags retreat into the necromancers room and ask for aid. Retreat immediately south no matter the answer.


Albertina move to the hallway and throw a dagger at the Pursuer.

Alfons head to the southern door of the Necromancer's room to intercept it as it chases Mag and Luis.
>>
No. 622154 ID: a18f15

...goddamn that AP expenditure to draw weapons is painful. It completely denies us the chance to do anything the round battle starts.

And it would seem the pursuer's phase / passwall ability isn't constrained by depth of the wall (it was going through panels before, not 4-5 meters of rock), or by 'room' boundries, which is really unfortunate.

>No way, the blood mage is just waiting to ambush us.
...you have the choice of possible treachery or ambush at the hands of the blood mage versus definite death at the hands of the pursuer.

If you're lucky, as a caster, she won't like the thing any more than you do. If we're really lucky? She's somehow warded or protected her room so mage killing monsters can't wander in and kill her.
>>
No. 622167 ID: 72c7be
File 142222536263.jpg - (92.89KB , 432x936 , D221 - F2 - Fallen Axe.jpg )
622167

rolled 6, 2 = 8

>Luis and Mags retreat into the necromancers room and ask for aid. Retreat immediately south no matter the answer.
Luise expends one morale to ignore wound penalties to movement.
Luise moves 15 spaces. [-3 AP, Turn Over]

Magdalena expends one morale to ignore wound penalties to movement.
Magdalena moves 15 spaces. [-3 AP, Turn Over]

>No way, the blood mage is just waiting to ambush us.
>...you have the choice of possible treachery or ambush at the hands of the blood mage versus definite death at the hands of the pursuer.

:Luise: “There’s a pursuer chasing my friend here, would you mind lending a hand?”
:Magdalena: How’re you so calm?
:NecromancerDescender: “You want me to fight for you…”
:Luise: “Yes.”

The drakaina frowns.

>head to the southern door of the Necromancer's room to intercept it as it chases Mag and Luis.

Albertina moves 15. [-3 AP, Turn Over]

>move to the hallway and throw a dagger at the Pursuer.

Alfons moves 5 spaces. [-1 AP]
Alfons moves one splace and attacks the Pursuer. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

>...goddamn that AP expenditure to draw weapons is painful. It completely denies us the chance to do anything the round battle starts.

Help Menu: The party can choose to wander around the dungeon with weapons drawn, but it will dramatically reduce their ability to negotiate.
>>
No. 622172 ID: 72c7be
File 142222657668.jpg - (108.65KB , 432x1008 , D222 - F2 - Charging My.jpg )
622172

Alfons attack misses.

:PursuerDescender: I didn’t expect that to hit anyways…

The Pursuer moves 3 spaces, phasing through the walls. [-1 AP]
The Pursuer moves 7 spaces. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

:PursuerDescender: Can’t get me now.
:PursuerDescender: Channeling would take to long.
:PursuerDescender: Resoul might hurt them…
:PursuerDescender: I’m going to die here aren’t I…
:PursuerDescender: Right where I want you.

Melitta moves two spaces. [-1 AP]
Melitta aims. [-2 AP]

:NecromancerDescender: “Just hold on a bit longer…”

Input Required
>>
No. 622176 ID: fef726

Albertina aim and hit it.

Hmm, Mags, can you use Aimed Gravity to smash the table into the Pursuer? It would technically be a physical hit.

Luis prepare to smash it when it phases near you to get to Mags.

Alfons, if you can get there in time join in trying to hit it.
>>
No. 622177 ID: a18f15

Well, Melitta's helping! That went better than I hoped.

Mags is bracketed between party members and walls. There's non adjacent space to them, and the pursuer hasn't displayed ranged attacks, or the ability to attack from / end turns in walls. So she's safe.

Problem is, that means Luise or Albertina is going to take a hit, which would be fatal for Luise. (Unless it goes for Melitta? Not sure if the blood mage or telepath ranks higher on the magic user hit list. Or if it will target drakaina by default).

That means we want it not to move, and to attack Albertina, since they can take it. Is there any way we can goad it into focusing on them?
>>
No. 622180 ID: fef726

Hmm, some guesses on whose thoughts the Pursuer is broadcasting

>:PursuerDescender: Can’t get me now.
Mags
>:PursuerDescender: Channeling would take to long.
Melitta


>:PursuerDescender: Resoul might hurt them…
Melitta

:PursuerDescender: I’m going to die here aren’t I…
Luis or Mags
:PursuerDescender: Right where I want you.
Alfons or Albertina. Hopefully Albertina. Since if its Alfons it means that he might be thinking of going after the dracalina instead as he is an assassin and his instructions were to kill the monsters.

Alfredina, if that wasn't your thought... and you don't want to see the dracalina backstabbed Warn her!

I would if I was in your shoes, as she is aiding you when she didn't need to.
>>
No. 622182 ID: a18f15

>>622180
Aflons is right there. He had to have heard Luise request Melitta's help, and her telling them to hold on.

If he attacks her, he's consciously deciding to not only to not aid his allies under attack, but to stop someone else from helping.

Honestly, even if we warn her and she has to deal with another attack, that breaks her aim. If that happens, we're going to lose people, because we won't be able to kill the pursuer this turn.

...I hope to hell you're reading this wrong, but if he tries it, I'd favor using telepathy to try and call him off or else Mags and Luise die. Loyalty might sway him over cause, and unlike yelling to Melitta, it doesn't immediately break her aim and turn this into a 3 (or 4?) way fight.
>>
No. 622183 ID: 72c7be
File 142223261744.jpg - (111.42KB , 504x1152 , D223 - F2R2 - Live to Win.jpg )
622183

rolled 6, 5, 2 = 13

>Not sure if the blood mage or telepath ranks higher on the magic user hit list.
:Magdalena: Blood magic and Telepathy aren't magic. Yes, I know that means blood magic is a misleading name but that's what they call it.

>Hmm, Mags, can you use Aimed Gravity to smash the table into the Pursuer? It would technically be a physical hit.
:Magdalena: That would be extremely straining. That table is huge.

Magdalena aims at the Pursuer. +3 Accuracy. [-3 AP, Turn Over]

>Luis prepare to smash it when it phases near you to get to Mags.
Luise aims at the Pursuer. +2 Accuracy [-3 AP, Turn Over]

>Alfons, if you can get there in time join in trying to hit it.
:Alfons: Be there when I can.

Alfons silences his movement. [-1 AP]
Alfons moves 6 spaces. [-2 AP, Turn Over]

>Albertina aim and hit it.
Albertina aims. [-1 AP]
Albertina attacks. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 622185 ID: fef726

Finally a hit.
>>
No. 622187 ID: 72c7be
File 142223296033.jpg - (110.96KB , 504x1152 , D224 - F2R2 - Drew Blood.jpg )
622187

rolled 4, 1, 1, 6, 6 = 18

Albertina's attack hits. The pursuer takes one damage!

:PursuerDescender: Nice one, birdbrain.
:Albertina: Thanks

The Pursuer aims. +1 Accuracy [-1 AP].
The Pursuer attacks. [-2 AP, Turn Over].
>>
No. 622190 ID: 72c7be
File 142223357763.jpg - (112.29KB , 504x1152 , D225 - F2R2 - A missle of magic, or blast of an el.jpg )
622190

rolled 1, 1, 5, 4, 2, 1, 4 = 18

Albertina takes one damage from the pursuer's bite.

Melitta aims. +1 Accuracy. [-1 AP]
Melitta shoots a bolt of magical energy from her staff. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 622192 ID: 72c7be
File 142223383263.jpg - (105.37KB , 504x1008 , D226 - F2R2 - One hit remaining.jpg )
622192

The pursuer takes one damage.

Input Required.
>>
No. 622193 ID: fef726

Everyone dog pile it. Aim to improve chances of hitting it.
>>
No. 622196 ID: a18f15

3 people with one hp. Literally the only person who can take a hit and not die is Alfons.

Albertina, aim and attack. Alfons, close, aim and attack. And then Melitta aim and attack again, if she's so inclined.

That's three attacks that should hit. If they all miss, Mags and Luise can try, though their odds are worse and they might have to move first.
>>
No. 622197 ID: 72c7be
File 142223599374.jpg - (106.27KB , 504x1008 , D227 - F2R2 - All or Nothing.jpg )
622197

rolled 1, 1, 3 = 5

>Albertina, aim and attack.
>Everyone dog pile it. Aim to improve chances of hitting it.

Albertina aims. +1 Accuracy. [-1 AP]
Albertina attacks. [-2 AP, Turn Over.]
>>
No. 622198 ID: 72c7be
File 142223635792.jpg - (102.84KB , 432x1008 , D228 - F2R2 - Let me axe you a question.jpg )
622198

rolled 6, 5 = 11

>Everyone dog pile it.
>Alfons, close, aim and attack.
Alfons moves 2 squares. [-1 AP]
Alfons attacks. [-2 AP, Turn Over]
>>
No. 622200 ID: 72c7be
File 142223686926.jpg - (109.46KB , 432x1152 , D229 - F2R2 - Overkill.jpg )
622200

The creature takes three damage. Overkill!

:Albertina: “That… was close…”

Input Required.
>>
No. 622202 ID: fef726

Thank Melitta for her aid.

That was too close. I'm honestly not sure how to proceed right now. The only person fit for battle is Alfons.
>>
No. 622205 ID: d3be40

This has gone horribly wrong. Ask Melitta about any possible hot springs or something that can heal wounds, anything whatsoever.
>>
No. 622211 ID: a18f15

>Thank Melitta for her aid.
Yeah.

>axe does multiple hp damage
Well, that's really nice. Too bad we're not in much position to make use of it.

>what do
We've got 3 people at 1hp, where they have to spend moral just to move. We need... 8 hp potions just to get us going again.

Unless the next room is a nice big herb garden, we're done.

We're dead in the water, here. We survived the fight, but we're in no shape for the next.

Options:

*Keep going, suicide by monster.
*Non-standard game over. Realize we've lost, and maybe Melitta offers us some kind of out. (Surrender?).
*Or less extreme, Melitta offers information (location of herbs?) or help of some kind (or horrible blood magic) to keep us alive a little longer (if she decides it's in her interest to see a group with maybe a different idea stay alive a little longer).
*Religious hail Mary? We've got three priests here. Invoking some kind of divine healing? Because it would literally take a miracle of some kind to keep us going, now.
>>
No. 622220 ID: 72c7be
File 142224322702.jpg - (98.14KB , 432x1152 , D230 - F2R2 - Block Puzzle.jpg )
622220

rolled 6, 2, 1, 5, 6 = 20

>Thank Melitta for her aid.

:Luise: "Thank you for the help."

>Yeah.
>This has gone horribly wrong. Ask Melitta about any possible hot springs or something that can heal wounds, anything whatsoever.

:Albertina: "Yeah. Thank you. I know it's asking a lot but I don't suppose you know of anything around here that can heal our wounds?"
:NecromancerDescender: "You could help me solve these puzzles, if you like."
:Magdalena: "Wait, these things are puzzles? I thought they were entirely decorative."
:NecromancerDescender: "No, they're a puzzle."

>We've got 3 people at 1hp, where they have to spend moral just to move.

Help Menu: Taking damage to the leg results in a speed reduction of 3. If both legs are wounded speed is reduced to 1.

The Magdalena and Melitta work on the puzzles.

18 Required
>>
No. 622239 ID: 72c7be
File 142224846613.jpg - (99.77KB , 432x1152 , D231 - F2R2 - Herbs.jpg )
622239

Magdalena and Melitta solve the puzzle receiving four herbs.
:NecromancerDescender: “There we go, I’ll cook you all up some healing potions while we eat.”
:Magdalena: “You’re an alchemist, but I saw you throw magic at the monster. Wait, is this some blood magic nonsense?”
Melitta blinks.
:NecromancerDescender: “You’re thinking of a witch. I’m a necromancer.”
:Albertina: “What does a necromancer do, exactly?”
:NecromancerDescender: “Well, commune with the dead mostly, but I also know how to make a few potions and a bit of magic and telepathy.”
:Luise: “You’re telepathic? But… that means you’d have to have died.”
:Albertina: “Maybe it’s just a Drakaina thing?”
:NecromancerDescender: “No, your friend is right. I did die, the white of my scales isn’t paint like the black”
:Luise: “That’s… shocking.”
:Albertina: “I’m confused.”
:Alfons: “The mages that make Empaths in normal society are called Puppeteers. They can raise the dead… more or less, among a host of other things. Empaths are forbidden from learning magic.”
:NecromancerDescender: “How strange.”
:Albertina: “So… why does death give you telepathy?”
:NecromancerDescender: “I’m not sure it’s death exactly… the ritual that’s performed brings you closer to Grey Wastes of Muerta, the souls that roam that plane speak telepathically, so it might just be part of having a soul that we can’t unlock without dying first. One must be telepathic to be a necromancer obviously, since otherwise communicating with the dead is impossible.”
:Albertina: “That’s… kind of interesting.”
:Luise: It… actually was.

Luise, Albertina and Melitta begin working on potions.
Magdalena and Alfons begin cooking the food.
>>
No. 622259 ID: 01745f

While working, ask Melitta what happens to the drakainas who survive that year's abovegrounders. Do they go home, stay in the tower indefinitely? If the latter, does anyone outside even know whether the people in the tower are still alive, or do they just send a hundred new champions every year?
>>
No. 622260 ID: d3be40

Be sure to give food to Melitta as payment for her assistance and trust.

When you're done with the potions, ask about Scylla. Maybe you can leave the tower without making it to the top? Face it, you're not heroes, and you're barely surviving even though it's only the 2nd floor. May as well find all of Scylla's team and scram.

Question: Does this game have a NewGame+ mode? Or does EVERYTHING reset once the game ends?
>>
No. 622261 ID: a18f15

>Does this game have a NewGame+ mode?
It's safe to assume we keep what we've learned, and what we've unlocked. (For instance, Agnes will be a D1 shopkeeper next time).

I would expect the dungeon layout to be completely different each time, though. The 'purge' will change the setup.

>Be sure to give food to Melitta
Well, she did say they eat the hearts. And that's not something we'd normally eat.

>commune with the dead
So... if we keep the necromancer npc alive, characters might not leave the story entirely when we inevitably get them killed? There's an interesting possible abuse to roll information over from session to session.
>>
No. 622268 ID: 72c7be
File 142225796161.jpg - (99.73KB , 432x1152 , D232 - F2R2 - Prep talk.jpg )
622268

>Be sure to give food to Melitta as payment for her assistance and trust.
>Well, she did say they eat the hearts. And that's not something we'd normally eat.

:NecromancerDescender: “Wait.”

Melitta rather violently rips out the heart of the charger and places it at the head of the table.

:Albertina: “… Wait you were being literal?”
:NecromancerDescender: “About… eating hearts? Oh. Yes of course.”
:Alfons: And this is why you don’t make friends with monsters.
:Magdalena: I don’t know, I kind of like her.
:Albertina: You wanted to kill her.
:Magdalena: Yeah, that was when I thought she was a blood mage, now she’s like… a monster colleague.
:Luise: I empathize.
:Magdalena: Well duh.
:Luise: … Rather, I feel the same way.
:Alfons: … This is going to be a long journey.
:Albertina: Better than a short one.

Alfons and Magdalena get back to making food.

>While working, ask Melitta what happens to the drakainas who survive that year's abovegrounders.
:Albertina: "So what happens to the drakaina who... aren't killed by our people?"
:NecromancerDescender: "They... continue to live. This question perplexes me."

>If the latter, does anyone outside even know whether the people in the tower are still alive, or do they just send a hundred new champions every year?
:Albertina: "Do they get to go home?"
:NecromancerDescender: "We... are home. Oh. I see the confusion. The majority of the drakaina population lives below the fiftieth floor.
:Albertina: "Oh. So you do live in the tower."
:NecromancerDescender: "Yes. Of course, Echidna is here, so we are here, and we're here so the others are here."
:Albertina: "That sort of implies you breed the monsters."
:NecromancerDescender: "No... The monsters are descended from us."
:Albertina: "..."
:NecromancerDescender: "Directly."
:Albertina: What.
:Magdalena: Wait, you didn't know that before you started negotiating. Explains why you were so friendly.
:Alfons: What're they talking about, it's hard to pick up.
:Magdalena: Don't worry about it, just make sure that meat is cooked right.
>>
No. 622269 ID: 72c7be
File 142225797857.jpg - (163.68KB , 1018x576 , D233 - F2R2 - Sharing A Meal.jpg )
622269

Everyone sits down to eat.

>When you're done with the potions, ask about Scylla. Maybe you can leave the tower without making it to the top? Face it, you're not heroes, and you're barely surviving even though it's only the 2nd floor. May as well find all of Scylla's team and scram.
:Albertina: "So do you know anything about Scylla?"
:NecromancerDescender: "Not personally, Scylla always seems to be a stranger though, I haven't known a single one until they were chosen. It's kind of shady if you ask me."
:Albertina: "So, if you all live here, that means Scylla's only hope of rescue..."
:NecromancerDescender: "Is you, that's right."

>Question: Does this game have a NewGame+ mode? Or does EVERYTHING reset once the game ends?
>It's safe to assume we keep what we've learned, and what we've unlocked. (For instance, Agnes will be a D1 shopkeeper next time).
Each game begins one year after the last group died. All unlocks are carried over, and all shopkeepers are carried over. Settings can be changed before the new group is created. Regardless the new group always starts from Floor 1.

>I would expect the dungeon layout to be completely different each time, though. The 'purge' will change the setup.
Dungeon Layout changes somewhat each run.

>commune with the dead
>So... if we keep the necromancer npc alive, characters might not leave the story entirely when we inevitably get them killed? There's an interesting possible abuse to roll information over from session to session.
Developer Notes: Working as intended.

Input Required.
>>
No. 622276 ID: 01745f

So if drakainas eat monsters, is there something that monsters eat or are the monsters subsist on magic?

>Necromancer Powers, talking to the dead
You know, about our hope that we are the first to want peace, we have seen possible evidence we might not be. We saw this strange trapped cabinet on the previous floor up in which someone had written things including "I didn't mean to kill her", "Silom", "don't trust the serpet" with the don't crossed out, a crossed out "she has no soul", "I can hear them, the next ones", and "Its clear now". If "the next ones" meant us they would have died recently, so would their soul perhaps still be around?

>The monsters are descended from us... Directly
Wait, so is she saying that everything in here gives birth to something different, like Echidna -> drakainas -> creatures? If all drakainas are directly born from Echidna, then if we do end up having to kill Echidna the future of drakainas as a species goes with her.
>>
No. 622277 ID: fef726

Ask her to accompany you on your trip? It'd make both diplomacy and combat much easier.

Then its time to move on to the next room. Upper left doorway. I'm betting this place is mirrored so there might be a pursuer or a different monster behind a secret door there. However this time we might be able to ambush it instead.
>>
No. 622293 ID: 69966b

i'm curious about the monsters legend of the tower. The story we were told is that the other races were defending themselves, what is the story the drakaina were told?
>>
No. 622300 ID: a18f15

>You wanted to kill her.
Yeah, but that was before she helped with the scary mage-killer!

Although I find it amusing Mag's own reasoning is more along the lines that elitism trumps racism / monsterism.

>No... The monsters are descended from us.
Oh. They're literal monster-spawners. Fits with the whole mortal-versions of Echidna description, I suppose. (Might also explain why all the drakaina we've met are female).

If monster-spawning isn't optional or voluntary that makes allowing any of them out of the tower a lot more problematic.

And I suppose they literally are all sisters if Echidna's their mother. Kind of a hierarchical hive reproductive model- the Queen produces sapient children, who produce non-sapient drones? (Which at the same time makes genocide much easier, and makes it harder to find a non-genocide permanent solution if Echidna's the problem). Although, that's guessing based on Agnes' broken English. The drakaina species might have mortal queen(s), or they can reproduce 'normally'.

...although if the drakaina spawn the monsters, but also eat the monsters for food, we run into a perpetual motion machine problem. How the heck are they netting the energy to stay alive?

>Scylla always seems to be a stranger though
Well, that would seem to fit with how we're chosen, too.

...does anyone have any idea what's in Scylla's tome?

>defending themselves
What I'm wondering- is this a defense? If I were trying to keep out 'invaders' I wouldn't provide them with keys and puzzles to heal themselves. This place really doesn't make sense as defensive fortifications.

>Alfons is scowling with a knife beneath the table
You're not doing such a good job of being charming up until the point where you put the knife in her back.

Seriously though, caution is fine, but please don't attack first. She helped with the monster, and she helped find potion materials to keep your allies alive. If she wanted you dead, she passed up an awesome opportunity to blast the other three with a spell when they were corned, close together, and hurt.
>>
No. 622304 ID: fef726

>>622300
One area of effect spell centered on Albertina and all three would have died, so yeah, if she wanted to betray your group she would have had the chance to kill you all in one fell swoop.

She is genuine here Alfons. Your skills aren't needed at this moment.
>>
No. 622305 ID: fef726

Also by the blush Mags has a crush. Probably a platonic one given her orientation but a crush all the same.
>>
No. 622357 ID: 72c7be
File 142232372959.jpg - (251.89KB , 700x700 , D234 - F2R2 - Potions.jpg )
622357

>by the blush Mags has a crush. Probably a platonic one given her orientation but a crush all the same.
:Magdalena: What? Certainly not. I'm more concerned about the present placement of her tail. It is a bit... overly friendly!

>Scylla always seems to be a stranger though
>Well, that would seem to fit with how we're chosen, too.
:Albertina: "Well, our chosen tend to come from the lower ranks, not many people know us."
:NecromancerDescender: "Drakaina society is very close knit, due to the size restriction imposed by Tartarus. Still, it's possible she is one who I've simply never met."

>...does anyone have any idea what's in Scylla's tome?
:Luise: "So if Scylla has a tome like the rest of us, what's in it?"
:Magdalena: "Probably blood magic."
:Luise: "No, that's what's in my tome."
:Magdalena: "Right. I knew that. I was just... testing to see if you knew."
:NecromancerDescender: "It's likely something that would help in her peacekeeping mission. Perhaps knowledge of your culture."
:Alfons: In other words, useless.
:Albertina: It was just a guess, Alfons.

>Alfons is scowling with a knife beneath the table
>You're not doing such a good job of being charming up until the point where you put the knife in her back.
>You wanted to kill her.
>Yeah, but that was before she helped with the scary mage-killer!
>Although I find it amusing Mag's own reasoning is more along the lines that elitism trumps racism / monsterism.
>Seriously though, caution is fine, but please don't attack first. She helped with the monster, and she helped find potion materials to keep your allies alive. If she wanted you dead, she passed up an awesome opportunity to blast the other three with a spell when they were corned, close together, and hurt.
>One area of effect spell centered on Albertina and all three would have died, so yeah, if she wanted to betray your group she would have had the chance to kill you all in one fell swoop.
>She is genuine here Alfons. Your skills aren't needed at this moment.

:Albertina: For a charming assassin, you're not being very charming. And put that dagger away!
:Alfons: Her tail is practically wrapped around me, I'm not letting my guard down. She- It could crush me in an instant.
:Magdalena: It's not even touching you, it's just behind you. If anyone should be upset, it's me."
:Alfons: Wait...

Alfons notices where Melitta's tail is resting.

:Alfons: Why exactly aren't you trying to kill he- It if its touching you?
:Magdalena: She's touching my leg. I have eaten dinner with people whose feet had bumped mine on occasion, I’m trying not to make a big deal out of it.
:Alfons: She could be about to pull you under, not much use as a mage if-
:Magdalena: If she wanted to kill us she would have done so with the pursuer earlier. Fucking relax, Alfons.

Alfons grumbles.

>So if drakainas eat monsters, is there something that monsters eat or are the monsters subsist on magic?
>...although if the drakaina spawn the monsters, but also eat the monsters for food, we run into a perpetual motion machine problem. How the heck are they netting the energy to stay alive?

:Albertina: "So if your people eat monsters what do the monsters eat?"
:NecromancerDescender: "That depends on the monster. Also we don't eat monsters, we eat hearts, that leaves the rest of the body for others to consume. Smaller monsters eat the plants that grow in the dungeon."
:Luise: "So this dungeon has its own ecosystem, basically."
:NecromancerDescender: "Is that surprising?"
:Luise: "A little, considering the constant raids from the surface."

>defending themselves
>What I'm wondering- is this a defense? If I were trying to keep out 'invaders' I wouldn't provide them with keys and puzzles to heal themselves. This place really doesn't make sense as defensive fortifications.

:Albertina: "Speaking of that... How effective of a defense is this place? There are keys and resources for us to collect, I mean, they’re meager resources but it's something."
:NecromancerDescender: "It's unavoidable. Many years ago a group of heroes attempted to remove all the weeds, chorale more beasts towards the top and bar all the doors. It lasted only until the next cycle and they all died. Tartarus changes, so any long lasting fortification could be destroyed or lost without our input during the purge."

>If monster-spawning isn't optional or voluntary that makes allowing any of them out of the tower a lot more problematic.
>Wait, so is she saying that everything in here gives birth to something different, like Echidna -> drakainas -> creatures? If all drakainas are directly born from Echidna, then if we do end up having to kill Echidna the future of drakainas as a species goes with her.
>Oh. They're literal monster-spawners. Fits with the whole mortal-versions of Echidna description, I suppose.

:Albertina: "So about uhm... the... monster"
:Magdalena: "Spawning. She was going to say spawning."

Magdalena senses Albertina's discomfort.

:Magdalena: "Oh. They were going to say spawning."
:NecromancerDescender: "What about it?"
:Albertina: "Is it... voluntary?"

Melitta seems confused by the question.

:NecromancerDescender: "Yes and no. I understand that the beasts might be dangerous to you, but none of them prey on Drakaina. They're quite… peaceful to us in fact."
:Alfons: Figures.
:NecromancerDescender: "The monsters are part of our natural reproductive cycle."
:Magdalena: "So... Echidna gave birth to Drakainas and Drakainas give birth to monsters?"
:NecromancerDescender: "No. That's not correct really... Drakaina give birth to whatever monster they mate with, sort of."

Melitta puts a hand on her chin, noting the expressions of barely concealed disgust and bewilderment.

:NecromancerDescender: "Perhaps it's a topic best left behind for now. In any case Echidna has complete control over the monsters she produces, Drakaina are made in her own image, but all the creatures who inhabit Tartarus are either hatched from her eggs or else were here to begin with."

>And I suppose they literally are all sisters if Echidna's their mother. Kind of a hierarchical hive reproductive model- the Queen produces sapient children, who produce non-sapient drones? (Which at the same time makes genocide much easier, and makes it harder to find a non-genocide permanent solution if Echidna's the problem). Although, that's guessing based on Agnes' broken English. The drakaina species might have mortal queen(s), or they can reproduce 'normally'.
>i'm curious about the monsters legend of the tower. The story we were told is that the other races were defending themselves, what is the story the drakaina were told?

:Albertina: "Right, so... I was wondering if perhaps the Drakaina have a different story regarding the formation of the tower. From what the legends tell us it was created due to Echidna and her monster waging war on mortals."
:NecromancerDescender: "That's an interesting distortion... I'm not a storyteller but I'll explain what I heard as a child as best I can. In ancient history there was a great civilization on this land, led by Queen Lamia. Politics led to the queen's assassination and she was reborn as the first Echidna, however her rebirth had a terrible cost, turning the entire empire against her. Before she could flee the capital a group of brigands attempted to take advantage of the conflict and prop themselves up as heroes in hopes they would be chosen to lead the country. In order to do this they created a structure to be her eternal prison. Something went wrong however and so they were trapped in the prison with her, and so each year the descendants of those heroes attempt to brave the prison and rescue their progenitors."
:Albertina: "That is... a lot different."

>Ask her to accompany you on your trip? It'd make both diplomacy and combat much easier.

:Albertina: "Would you care to accompany us on our trip? We could use the extra hands"
:NecromancerDescender: "I'm afraid I can't. Doing so would be incredibly taboo anyways and would likely earn you nothing but ire for harboring a heretic."
:Albertina: "But... Scylla..."
:NecromancerDescender: "Is a special case. She's our representative, and for any other Drakaina to travel with you... would be blasphemy, among other things. It might even enrage Scylla herself, which is the last thing you want."
:Albertina: "Alright... Well, take care."
:NecromancerDescender: "Don't die."

>Necromancer Powers, talking to the dead
>You know, about our hope that we are the first to want peace, we have seen possible evidence we might not be. We saw this strange trapped cabinet on the previous floor up in which someone had written things including "I didn't mean to kill her", "Silom", "don't trust the serpet" with the don't crossed out, a crossed out "she has no soul", "I can hear them, the next ones", and "Its clear now". If "the next ones" meant us they would have died recently, so would their soul perhaps still be around?

:Albertina: "Oh, before I go. We saw an uhm... unfortunate thing. A cabinet with a bunch of writing in it from a previous 'hero'. Since you're a necromancer I was wondering..."
:NecromancerDescender: "I can contact them, provided you have a personal possession of theirs and some snake oil."
:Albertina: "Snake oil?"
:NecromancerDescender: "You can make it from Echidna's Glory. I know the recipe. Though you'll probably want it more for a healing potion."
:Albertina: "I'll keep an eye out."

:Albertina: Before we go we need to decide who drinks the healing potions we made.

Input Required.
>>
No. 622360 ID: fef726

Mags and Luis should take 1 each. The rest should be saved I guess.
>>
No. 622363 ID: a18f15

>so each year the descendants of those heroes attempt to brave the prison and rescue their progenitors.
Wait, so according to the drakaina, the original 4 heroes, or our gods, are still down here?

...well, I suppose the nice thing about that claim is it's testable. If we ever make it down far enough, we'll see the truth of that, one way or another.

>I can contact them, provided you have a personal possession of theirs
A morbid thought, but do we want to consider leaving something of our own with her? If we fail, it might help the next group.

>they only eat the heart, leave the rest
Which means there's actually a small ecological niche descenders could occupy, if they found drakaina willing to tolerate their company and share food from culled monsters. It would have to be in a settled / controlled area, where they'd be relatively safe from hostile monsters attacking them on instinct, though.

Possible route for a non-standard game over / surrender if we break down at the right point in a run.

>offering to speak to the dead for us
I don't suppose you could tell us how to make the elevators go back up? In case we find ourselves in a situation where we might want to double back for that.

>>622360
I'd suggest getting Luise up to full, actually, since she's the damage sink. Making sure everyone has at least 2hp is good, though.
>>
No. 622365 ID: 72c7be
File 142232972795.jpg - (55.67KB , 432x432 , D235 - F2R3 - Expectations.jpg )
622365

Ten hours remain until the party will require sleep again.

>I can contact them, provided you have a personal possession of theirs
>A morbid thought, but do we want to consider leaving something of our own with her? If we fail, it might help the next group.
:Albertina: "What qualifies as a personal possession."
:NecromancerDescender: "It has to be something meaningful. A weapon, or an article of clothing."
:Albertina: "So, if I were to say, rip my shirt and leave it with you-"
:NecromancerDescender: "There would be a very small chance I could contact you when you died. It can't be trivial."

Albertina nods.

:Albertina: It's something we could do if we thought we had no hope, otherwise we should use what we have.

>Which means there's actually a small ecological niche descenders could occupy, if they found drakaina willing to tolerate their company and share food from culled monsters. It would have to be in a settled / controlled area, where they'd be relatively safe from hostile monsters attacking them on instinct, though.
>Possible route for a non-standard game over / surrender if we break down at the right point in a run.

:Albertina: It's possible, but supposedly upon death the tome will make it's way back to it's resting place outside the dungeon. If that doesn't happen, there's no telling what the people on the outside will do. If the tome really is required to enter, it could handicap the next group.

>I'd suggest getting Luise up to full, actually, since she's the damage sink. Making sure everyone has at least 2 is good, though.
>Mags and Luis should take 1 each. The rest should be saved I guess.
Magdalena drinks a healing potion and heals one wound.
Luise takes two healing potions and heals two wounds.
Luise puts the remaining potion on her belt for later.

>Then its time to move on to the next room. Upper left doorway. I'm betting this place is mirrored so there might be a pursuer or a different monster behind a secret door there. However this time we might be able to ambush it instead.
Albertina and company leaves and venture into the upper right room.

:Albertina: Empty, as l expected.

Input Required.
>>
No. 622368 ID: a18f15

Don't talk, since that will make noise. Use telepathy to communicate.

Alfons, silence your approach, and head for the opposite door where we think the hidden door is.

>need to die for the tome to go back
That strikes me as one of those things no one has really been in a practical position to test and report back about. For all we know failure might be enough to send the tome back.

...or I suppose someone could choose to die with the telepath ritual or something like it to send the book back.
>>
No. 622371 ID: d3be40

Yeah, if you're going to sound off again, you may want to bring Melitta along first, this time. She may not completely trust you, but if you keep your backs to her, it makes sense since you outnumber her and you need to be the ones who put trust in her and not the other way around.

For now, keep exploring rooms and look for stuff. Focus on disarming traps and finding medical supplies. Remember, you can ask for help from Drakainas on each floor if you have the appropriate stuff to trade for goods/services.

For what it's worth, you appear to have made good relations with the civilization in the tower. So that's something that will last for quite a while.
>>
No. 622379 ID: 01745f

Looks like there will be another hidden door, and likely another monster behind it. Mags goes to a corner with Luise and Alb covering her, everyone readies their weapons, then Mags casts an aimed gravity on the opposite wall.

>It has to be something meaningful. A weapon, or an article of clothing.
What about using a magical book to talk to its previous owner?
>>
No. 622392 ID: 72c7be
File 142233324785.jpg - (52.10KB , 432x432 , D236 - F2R3 - Secret Door.jpg )
622392

>What about using a magical book to talk to its previous owner?
:Albertina: Possible, I don't really consider the Tome of Gnosis personal, but someone might have...

>For now, keep exploring rooms and look for stuff.
>Alfons, silence your approach, and head for the opposite door where we think the hidden door is.
Alfons silently checks for the secret door.

:Alfons: It's here

>Don't talk, since that will make noise. Use telepathy to communicate.
>Mags goes to a corner with Luise and Alb covering her, everyone readies their weapons.

Magdalena, Albertina and Luise move into position.
Luise draws her mace.
Albertina draws her sword.

Alfons draws his dagger.

>Looks like there will be another hidden door, and likely another monster behind it.
:Alfons: Can't see around the corner. Might be something, might not.

Input Required.
>>
No. 622398 ID: a18f15

>Can't see around the corner. Might be something, might not.
Only one way to find out. Alfons, sneak around.
>>
No. 622404 ID: 72c7be

Author Note: I made a mistake on the food listed last party menu check, so if it looks like the food total has been reduced in upcoming ones, that's why.
>>
No. 622405 ID: 72c7be
File 142233521097.jpg - (77.93KB , 648x648 , D237 - F2R3 - Cute When Asleep.jpg )
622405

>Only one way to find out. Alfons, sneak around.
Alfons comes across a sleeping pursuer.

:Alfons: Looks like it's our lucky day.

Alfon's attempts to assassinate the sleeping pursuer, dealing 3 damage.
The pursuer dies and Alfons harvests the body.
>>
No. 622406 ID: 72c7be
File 142233523483.jpg - (249.93KB , 700x700 , D238 - Party - Full Up.jpg )
622406

:Alfons: Looks like we're set on food for the rest of the day. More if someone didn't eat so much.
:Albertina: Deal with it.

Input Required.
>>
No. 622411 ID: a18f15

Good work, Alfons.

>food harvested
We should harvest the heart too. It's not much use to us, directly, but now that we know the drakaina eat them, they're potentially useful in trade or for diplomacy.

>what do
Could we see the map? If there's symmetry to be exploited, I'd like to see what we know.

Notably, both the 'secret' passages have what looks to be doors on the other end.
>>
No. 622419 ID: 72c7be
File 142233859220.jpg - (97.79KB , 1008x720 , D239 - Map.jpg )
622419

>Good work, Alfons.
:Albertina: Good work by the way.
:Alfons: ... Thanks.

>Could we see the map?
Map screen accessed.

Input Required.
>>
No. 622420 ID: 01745f

Lets group up just around the small bend form the secret passage exit, then Alf checks the door.

>We should harvest the heart too.
That is a good idea; we might be able to use those as currency or something.
>>
No. 622421 ID: a18f15

Okay. If the symmetry holds true, the room below us should mirror the one that had the two chargers in it. And if they're in the same positions as before, there should be a charger right on the other side of this door.

The others should catch up, then Alfons should do the next door. See if we can ambush the chargers this time. (If the melee fighters take down the first one, Mags can magic the other one at range. If they don't, Mags should focus fire with them to make sure at least one dies).
>>
No. 622428 ID: d3be40

Hm... seems suspicious. Note that the entrance itself isn't symmetrical.

How about this: Melitta enters from one door, the party enters from another. Flank attack whatever is in the room.

Also, make sure Luise stays behind Magdalena, and Alfons takes point.
>>
No. 622443 ID: 72c7be

>>622428
Author Note: As explained in the following update, Melitta will not accompany the party.
>>622357
>>
No. 622489 ID: fef726

Hmm, it will take a little time to set up but how about doing this through a a pincer attack. Alfons sneak attacks the one close to the secret passage from the north. Mags with gravity and Albertina with their knives targets the other one from the east.
>>
No. 622527 ID: 72c7be
File 142240680002.jpg - (104.97KB , 720x720 , D240 - Keyhole Abuse.jpg )
622527

>Lets group up just around the small bend form the secret passage exit, then Alf checks the door.
>Okay. If the symmetry holds true, the room below us should mirror the one that had the two chargers in it. And if they're in the same positions as before, there should be a charger right on the other side of this door.
>The others should catch up, then Alfons should do the next door. See if we can ambush the chargers this time.
Peaking through the keyhole on the door shows there are chargers in the room. It is also not broken like the room before it and there seems to be a mechanism on the southwestern side.

>Hm... seems suspicious. Note that the entrance itself isn't symmetrical.
:Albertina: True, we shouldn't rely on the entire dungeon being symmetrical, but this was a smart bet.
:Magdalena: Though, the entrance had a lot of room taken up for the elevator, so maybe it actually is symmetrical, but with an elevator installed in a nonsymetrical place.
:Luise: What?
:Magdalena: Was I speaking too fast for you?

>We should harvest the heart too.
>That is a good idea; we might be able to use those as currency or something.
Albertina picks up the heart from the looted pursuer.
:Alfons: ... What are you doing?
:Albertina: Making an investment.

>Hmm, it will take a little time to set up but how about doing this through a a pincer attack. Alfons sneak attacks the one close to the secret passage from the north. Mags with gravity and Albertina with their knives targets the other one from the east.
The party aims. +3 Accuracy!
>>
No. 622530 ID: 72c7be
File 142240692159.jpg - (105.38KB , 720x720 , D241 - Backstab.jpg )
622530

rolled 6, 5, 5, 6, 3 = 25

:Alfons: On my signal...
:Albertina: Go!
:Alfons: I sa-
:Albertina: GO!

Alfons slips in an attacks the unaware charger to the northwest.

Sneak Attack, 6 Required
>>
No. 622532 ID: 72c7be
File 142240733291.jpg - (104.23KB , 720x720 , D242 - Backstab Combo.jpg )
622532

rolled 6, 4, 5, 3, 3 = 21

Alfon’s cuts into the unaware charger’s neck, dealing 3 damage. Overkill!

Albertina slips in and attacks the remaining unaware charger.
>>
No. 622536 ID: 72c7be
File 142240826494.jpg - (101.09KB , 720x720 , D243 - Difference.jpg )
622536

Albertina cuts into the unaware charger’s neck, dealing 2 damage. It dies.

:Luise: “Everything went better than expected.”
:Albertina: “We should try the stealth approach more often.”
:Alfons: “I agree. Vision through the keyholes might be limited, but it’s something.”
:Magdalena: “… I wanted to crush them with magic.”
:Luise: “Just be thankful you’re in a good enough condition to complain about not being able to crush them with magic.”
>>
No. 622537 ID: 72c7be
File 142240830337.jpg - (102.50KB , 720x720 , D244 - Device.jpg )
622537

:Alfons: “So what’s the device?”
:Magdalena: “It bears a striking similarity to the puzzles in the throne room, Albertina, follow my lead.”

Magdalena and Albertina press the two panels, which sink into the wall and open up a secret door.

Alfons and Luise loot the bodies.
Gained 4 food.
>>
No. 622538 ID: 72c7be