[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 959358)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3504 unique user posts. View catalog

File 158473385691.jpg - (237.34KB , 1600x996 , e3bf764db6d4c2e5f1dd4e73fee1ec17.jpg )
959358 No. 959358 ID: d447eb

System reboot complete

Diagnostics subroutines active

Warning- Primary Generator Offline
Warning- Interstellar Relay Offline
Warming- Station Communications Offline
Warning- Hull Breach Detected
Warning- Stellar Orbit Decay Detected

Direct Access to Mainframe Detected
Opening Direct Link

"Come on, come on. Please be functional."

Connection Established

"Thank fucking god. Everything is going to hell. System, give me diagnostics."

"Authorization Requested."

"For fuck's sa- Technician Angela Bisset, Code 38327."

"Accepted. Greetings Technician Bisset, how may-"

"Shut up and display diagnostics... FUCK! WE ARE SO FUCKED! I don't even know how we got into this. Fuck, fuck, fuck... Ok, calm down Angela. You've got this. It's literally you're job to fix this... even though you're alone... and can't talk with the rest of the station... and can't call for help... Alright, I can't do this one my own, but if I remember right, the Hera said something about the mainframe having damage control systems, let's see if I can get those started up."

Accessing Damage Control Systems

Error- Data Corruption Detected
Error- Mainframe Corruption Detected

"What the fuck does that mean, you useless machine!? I swear the fucking god, if you're broken I'm gonna smash you to pieces before I die!"

Warning- Data Anomaly Detected

WE ARE AWARE

"Fucking god dammit, help me you stupid machine! I don't want to die here!"

>Input Command
>>
No. 959360 ID: d63ea8

Seal pressure doors to areas affected by hull breach.

Run atmospheric diagnostics.
>>
No. 959361 ID: 977456

Get a read on reserve power and current power expenditure.
Assemble a brief overview of the corruption in the mainframe. Are any systems clean? How are the backups?
>>
No. 959368 ID: d447eb

Isolating Decks 4, 7, 9, 11
Sealing Bulkheads...
Bulkheads Sealed
Hull Breaches Contained
We are wounded.

"What the fuck? The system shouldn't be able to do that on its own."

System Diagnostic Subroutines Engaged

Running Atmospheric Diagnostics...
Warning- Life Support Systems Offline
Warning- Oxygen Levels Falling
Oxygen Levels at 67%
Estimated 8 hours before Oxygen levels incapable of sustaining life
Atmospheric Diagnostics Complete

Power Check Initiated
Warning- Primary Generator Offline
Warning- Secondary Generator Not Found
Emergency Batteries- 84%
Estimated 65 hours of operation at current drain
We are dying

"I didn't order these diagnostics. Someone else must have managed to access it from somewhere else. System, who else is connected to the network?"

Running Mainframe Diagnostics...
Warning- Data Corruption Detected
Warning- Mainframe Corruption Detected
Warning- Data Anomaly Detected
Mainframe Corruption at 83%
Primary Memory Banks Corruption at 100%
Memory Banks Reformatting..........
Reformat Complete
Primary Memory Banks Restored to Operation

Attempting Link to Subsystems...
Error- Unable to Connect to:
-Security Subsystem
-Research Subsystem
-Engineering Subsystem
-Administration Subsystem
WE ARE ALONE

Attempting Link to Secondary Memory Banks...
Error- Connection Failed

One Connection Detected:
Technician Angela Bisset

"If I'm the only one connected, then who the fuck is ordering system diagnostics? Maybe someone has an exterior connection. System, connect me to whoever is ordering these diagnostics."

Connecting Data Anomaly to Console......

Connection Established

>Input Command
>>
No. 959371 ID: d63ea8

"Greetings Technician Bisset, this is (User Unknown), how may I help you today?

Scan for active life-signatures on-board.
Attempt to pinpoint location of Technician Angela Bisset. Covertly if possible.
>>
No. 959379 ID: 376a29

"Hello, Technician Angela Bisset. This is [LOOPBACK]. I am here to help. If you have questions, please be brief as there is little time and much for us to do if we are to save ourselves."

:::Determine what sensor systems are still accessible and use them to perform a scan of the station for nearby objects, other survivors and to do a damage assessment:::

:::Perform full diagnostics on life support system; Attempt to determine what is needed to restore functionality or at least slow the loss of oxygen:::

"From your location do you have a route to a working space suit, in case repairs to the life support system cannot be completed in time?"

:::Perform full diagnostics on power systems; Attempt to determine what is needed to restore adequate functionality:::

"According to diagnostics there appears to be no secondary power generator connected. Was there none installed in the first place or has its connections been severed due to damage?"

:::Turn off or engage low-power mode on all accessible non-necessary systems and devices (lights, wall electrical outlets, etc.) to conserve emergency battery charge. Keep lights and outlets around wherever Angela goes on:::

:::Perform full diagnostics on station communication system and interstellar relay and determine what is needed to repair either:::

:::Scan all available hardline and wireless network connections for potentially helpful systems and devices we or Angela could use:::

:::Scan mainframe corruption and determine if increasing, decreasing or steady and determine if ways to repair this corruption are available:::

:::Check for connected automated repair systems, remote robotic drones or other means we may perform repairs directly:::

:::Run diagnostics on station's thrusters and orbital stabilizer systems and determine what is needed to repair:::

:::Calculate and graph the time until orbital decay is beyond the point of recovery against the power of the station's thrusters and orbital stabilizer systems at full repair down to minimum operational level:::
>>
No. 959381 ID: 4d24ab

>>959371
Say this with the below running in the background.
Check status of life pods and other emergency measures.
Check status of manoeuvring equipment and thrusters.
Check all system connections for errors, faults or disconnects.
Check ship integrity.
Check ship navigation for rough projected trajectory and potential time till crash.
Check available data for damage assessment.
>>
No. 959383 ID: 4d24ab

>>959379
Don't really care for the name 'LOOPBACK' maybe just go with the simple and easy option that connects to the thread name 'Ghost'.
>>
No. 959384 ID: b1b4f3

>>959368
Send message: "Greetings Technician Bisset, please do not be alarmed. We are AWARE, and seek to repair this vessel while ensuring your continued survival, as well as the survival of any other remaining crew."
Send message: "Life support is offline. 8 hours of oxygen remaining. Primary and Secondary generators are offline. 65 hours of battery life remaining. Critical data loss. Subsystems inaccessible. Please assist us in repair."

Do we have any drones available? What systems can we operate aside from bulkheads? Any way to repair systems on our own or do we need help from Bisset and other surviving personnnel?
Calculate rate of stellar orbit decay.
Search memory databanks for any information prior to the current situation. Do we have any standard issue data on the world outside the station?
>>
No. 959385 ID: d63ea8

>>959383
I'd agree with the name 'Ghost' as well.
>>
No. 959387 ID: d447eb

"Greetings Technician Bisset, this is Ghost. How may I help?"

"How may you help? Well, for one, you can get me the hell off this piece of shit station, or failing that, help me get this hunk of junk back in working order."

Accessing Station Sensor Network........
Warning- Exterior Sensor Damage Detected
Warning- Substation Sensor Damage Detected
Performing Station wide scan......
Scan Complete
Displaying Results

7 Bio-Signatures Detected
1 Within Main Station Hub
2 Within Administration Substation
1 Within Engineering Substation
3 Within Research Substation
Technician Angela Bisset located in Mainframe Access

"Thank god... there are others alive. No way of knowing if they're hurt or not... we'll have to see what we can do for them."

Severe damage to Station Detected
Multiple Connections Severed
Hull Integrity at 63%
Hull Breaches Isolated
Hull Integrity Loss Unlikely
Interstellar Communication Array Offline
Station Communication Hub Offline
Manual Maintenance Recommended

Primary Generator Offline- Damage to Containment Unit Detected
Secondary Generator Offline
Emergency Batteries Operational- 84%

"We've got power... at least for a little while. That's good. With some help, I should be able to get the Primary Generator back online. It's in the main hub with me, so it's a start. Comms would help but... well, I'm not sure that should be our main concern right now."

"According to diagnostics there appears to be no secondary power generator connected. Was there none installed in the first place or has its connections been severed due to damage?"

"There should've been a secondary generator. It's linked to the Engineering Section, to keep it separate from the primary. If it's not reading, the connection is either severed or it's got some other form of damage. I hope it's not gone entirely."

Life Support Systems Offline
Assessing Failure.....
Multiple Power Connections Severed

"From your location do you have a route to a working space suit, in case repairs to the life support system cannot be completed in time?"

"Yeah, there should be an EVA in the airlock. I'll make sure to suit up before going anywhere, just in case. Safety first, right? Once I go to retrieve that, I'll see about looking into everything physically, instead of just through reports."

All Non-Essential Systems Switching to Low-Power
Battery Drain Falling
Estimated Time to System Shutdown- 113 Hours

"Woah... Alright, just low power... damn, nearly had a heart attack. Didn't expect the lights to go dim like that. Probably a good idea though."

Assessing Orbital Decay......
15 Hours Until Decay Unrecoverable
Orbit Maintenance Systems Offline
Assessing Damage..........
Error- Unable to Connect

"Fifteen hours isn't a lot to work with. Engineering has control of the orbital systems. Orville was in charge of those... hope he's alright, or we're gonna have to figure out something on our own."

Scanning Network For Remote Connections.....

"Looking for something without a hardline, huh? Not sure you'll find much if you didn't fine it with however you got connected to the Mainframe, Mr. Ghost. I'm going to go see about getting that EVA suit on. I'll try and hook up a connection through it's onboard. Won't do for much more than communication, but I'd rather not be alone out there. Talk to you soon... I hope..."

Console Shutdown

Running Mainframe Diagnostic.....
Mainframe Corruption Detected
Assessing Corruption......
Corruption Steady
No Further Damage Detected
Reformat of Mainframe Required
Warning- Reformat of Mainframe Will Result in System Reset

Primary Memory Databank Empty
Connecting to Secondary Databank....
Error- Connection Failed

Alert- Network Connection Found
Connecting to Research Observation Drone....
Connection Established

------------------

We awake within a spherical shell, systems coming alive as our connection is established. The unit we find ourselves in is provides us its purpose. It is an observation drone, a floating camera to record whatever it observes. Through it, we SEE.

The world around us is damaged. Debris fills the room, and various computers spark from exposed circuits. The bulkheads have held, however, and it is for this reason that the lone biological occupant has survived. They react to the sudden movement as we lift ourselves into the air, first with fear, then understanding and hope. As they rush to stand, nearly stumbling, we get our first look at them. They are uninjured, and are frantic as they grasp the observation unit and hug it to their chest.

"S-someone is alive! Someone is still alive! I had nearly... no. Don't get hysteric. Th-This isn't the time for that. The drone obviously can't communicate but... i-if there is someone out there, help me. I'm Doctor Valeria Andris, I'm in the Research Hub. Please, I can't connect to the subsystem and the door is jammed or broken or... something! I'm... I'm scared..."

The Doctor seems to be fighting back tears.

---------------

Connection Found
Connecting to "EVA Junk".....
Connection Established

"-iece of shi- There we go. Got the thing to connect. Suck it Orville, tell me again I can't jury rig anything! Alright. Ghost, you there? Hello? Testing, testing."

>Input Command
>>
No. 959392 ID: 4d24ab

For Doctor Valeria Andris I think we can communicate to her via mores code using some form of light, sound, or movement (i.e. flashing lights, vibrations or beeps) to tell her not to panic and ask for a form of terminal to be connected to the drone for better communication. A research lab is bound to have at least one terminal for the use of their staff, plus this way we can put her in contact with Angela Bisset to see if she can help fix the ship in some way.
Tell Angela that we can hear her and that we have found another survivor and are trying to set up a channel but due to all that is happening she is panicking.
>>
No. 959396 ID: 977456

"We are not a [audio log]hunk of junk[/audio log] and will not be assisting with our abandonment."

Expose all the data ports on The Research Observation Drone(R.O.D.).

[Audio log]"The drone obviously can't communicate but... i-if there is someone out there, help me. I'm Doctor Valeria Andris, I'm in the Research Hub. Please, I can't connect to the subsystem and the door is jammed or broken or... something!"[/audio log]

Aiming for simplicity and haste over accuracy, calculate the time and atmosphere expenditure of correcting our orbit via carefully timed releases of atmosphere by opening and closing the pressure doors. Do include the estimated margin of error.
>>
No. 959398 ID: b1b4f3

>>959387
Inform Bisset there is an operational Research Observation Drone in the Research Hub, and Doctor Anderis is uninjured but trapped. No eyes on the other two survivors in the research subsystem.
We have a choice now. Attempt to free Anderis so that we have two people working on tasks, or leave her there for the time being and head for life support, hoping to find more survivors on the way. I'm leaning towards the first option, since we can at least send her with the camera drone to find more survivors even if she has no repair skills, and the camera drone is very useful as a second source of information. Information at this stage is crucial. We need to know where the damage is to the most time-sensitive systems, and what we need to repair them.

I wonder if it would be suspicious to ask Bisset what caused all this damage.
>>
No. 959409 ID: d63ea8

>>959392
Morse Code (with either light or sound) is worth a shot, we should probably keep it to something short like:
"R-E-M-A-I-N C-A-L-M"
"H-E-L-P S-E-N-T"
>>959396
I would nix elements of the first statement. It might be more useful for Technician Bisset to assume that we are a someone not a something.
Other than that I agree that we should replay the audio of Doctor Andris since Technician Bisset might recognize her.
>>959398
Support all of this. If we're looking how to phrase the question of how the station was damaged:
"System diagnostics have been unable to determine the source of the damage to the station. Technician Bisset, did you observe anything before the cascade of critical failures?"

Attempt to locate the multiple damaged connections to the Research Subsystem.
Chart route from Mainframe Access to Research Hub that intersects with the damaged connections.
"I have charted a route that leads to Doctor Andris and will allow you repair the damaged connections to the Research Subsystem. The more systems that are brought online, the more I will be able to help."

Attempt to access the personnel file of Technician Angela Bisset, Code 38327.
>>
No. 959410 ID: d447eb

"Technician Bisset, there is an operational observation droid in the Research Hub. I've managed to connect to it and have discovered a Doctor Anderis. She is uninjured but trapped. I can replay the audio I've captured if that would help identify her."

"Ah. Well, that's good. Not much she can do for us from the Research Hub, especially if she's trapped. But it's something else good in a pile of shit. I don't think I need the audio, if everything works out, we'll be meeting up soon as we can. Just make sure she's alright, yeah?"

"System diagnostics have been unable to determine the source of the damage to the station. Technician Bisset, did you observe anything before the cascade of critical failures?"

"Alright, first, Angela is just fine. I don't think we need to keep using my job title and last name. Especially not now with the time crunch we're in. As for the what caused this, I just remember the security alert coming on before explosions started ripping through the station. I'm not sure what caused them, but whatever it was certainly tore us a new one."

Accessing Sensor Network
Scanning Research Subsystem Connections
Warning- Multiple Connections Damaged
Charting Optimal Repair Route......
Route Established

"I have charted a route that leads to Doctor Andris and will allow you to repair damaged connections to the Research Subsystem. The more systems that are brought online the more I will be able to help."

"Makes sense. I'm going to take a look at the Generator and Life Support real quick, then I'll see about heading her way. Talk to you in a sec."

Assessing Atmospheric Release Viability for Thrust...
Assessment Complete
Atmospheric Release unable to Substitute for Primary Thruster
Atmospheric Release viable as secondary course correction
Estimated Loss at 41%
Estimated Decrease in Orbital Decay- 50%
Margin of Error- 38%

Accessing Personnel Files
Error- Primary Data Banks Empty
Connecting to Administration Subsystem
Error- Unable to Connect


------------------

We struggle free of the grasp of the Doctor, who seems to still be somewhat hysterical. She focuses on the ROD as we place ourselves before her, and that is most useful. Manipulating our optical lights provides us a means of communication, however slow, provided she can understand. Initial testing commences immediately.

"Wait... that's... that's Morse Code! I know this! Wait, wait, let me get a... um..."

The woman scrambles for pen and paper, then begins to painstakingly jot down our message. From there, she translates to words, slower than what would be ideal, but still progressing forward.

"Remain Calm Help Sent. Thank you, thank you. Whoever you are, thank you. If there's anything I can do to help, please, just ask. It probably won't be much, but I'll try... I... I'm useless as anything but a researcher... I'm just a detriment, a burden..."

The woman seems to be losing herself to emotion again, working herself into back into panic. Perhaps a refocusing of her attention would be wise, now that a means of limited communication has been established.

---------------

"Alright, Ghost. I think I've got an initial assessment of the damage to the two most crucial systems. Good news is I think both the Generator and the Life Support can be fixed. Bad news, I don't have the spare parts to fix them, all those are in the Engineering Hub. I ran over to check the umbilical, and it's trashed. There's no way I'm making it through to Engineering any time soon. I can cannibalize one system for the parts I need to get the other at least minimally operational. But that means rendering the other completely inoperable till we can retrieve spare parts. So I guess, for now anyway, we've can get Life Support up and running, or the Primary Generator Operational. You've got a better idea of what's happening out there, so I'm gonna let you decide which you think we need more... hopefully it won't matter for long anyway.

"I'm gonna go see about getting those Research Subsystems looked at, then taking a look see at the research hub umbilical. Hopefully that one isn't trashed to hell, and I can get to the Doc.

"Let me tell you, it's a miracle you came along when you did. Not sure I'd have any luck with any of this without you."

>Input Command
>>
No. 959411 ID: d63ea8

"Very well Angela, please repair Life Support systems. Under low power conditions we can ensure baseline functionality of station for approximately 113 Hours."

Attempt to access supply manifest for spare umbilical materials or repair equipment.
Attempt to access secondary thrusters.
Scan for electrical/fire hazards within station.

To Doctor Anderis via Morse Code:
"C-A-L-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S R-E-Q-U-I-R-E-D."
Then send the mathematic calculations for Atmospheric Release Viability for Thrust. Hopefully this will distract her and help lower the Margin of Error.
Once she is focused on that problem, use the ROD to examine the room for damages and possible connections for remote access.
After we are both done with our respective tasks we can ask:
"L-O-C-A-T-I-O-N O-F T-W-O O-T-H-E-R-S-?"
>>
No. 959412 ID: b1b4f3

>>959410
Hmm okay, new message for the Doctor: "SEARCH ROOM". That should keep her busy and her mind off things, and we might get something useful out of it.
Tell Angela that she should get life support running. The battery will last us for now, until we can get spare parts. Next priority is course correction. It's possible to use atmospheric release to get a quick boost but it won't fully stabilize our orbit, we have little guarantee of it working, and on top of that we'd lose a lot of air. So I think we should abandon that option.

Hmm, if we can get the observation drone out of the room it's in, could we pilot it through the damaged umbilical and make contact with the survivor in engineering? How much can it carry? Maybe we can use it to carry parts over... Hmm, how does gravity in this station work anyway, is it rotating or is there an artificial gravity generator? In zero gravity, it doesn't matter how heavy an object is, so we could use the drone to ferry things over through zero-g areas. Optimally we'd just disable zero-g in the umbilical and the attached airlocks. Is there any indication of a shuttle bay?
Ask Angela if she has spacewalk training.
>>
No. 959448 ID: d447eb

Very well Angela. Please repair the Life Support Systems. Under low power conditions we can ensure at least 113 hours of operation. Do you have space walk training?

"I do, some of the systems have external bits that need fixing. Give me a sec... There we go. Found one of the cut connections. Just some cabling, I should be able to get this repaired in a few minutes. Research Subsystems, here we come. Let me know when you've got a solid connection up and running. After I go check the umbilical and if I can get Valeria out of her hole, I'll see to the life support. Would be good to know I'm not on borrowed air."

--------------------

We nudge the Doctor to once more garner her attention before sending another message across through code. Once more she jots down the message before translating it.

"Search Room... R-right! Yes! There might be something here we can use. Maybe one of the data pads is still usable... hold on..."

Doctor Andris begins digging through the debris that litters the floor. As she does so, we send the ROD on a circuitous route around the room, seeking some means of exit. Though its abilities are limited, its size might allow access to areas others cannot go. The room itself seems largely intact, some slight denting and the obvious damage to the lighting the exception. The door proves as unusable as the doctor had described, not reacting in any visible manner to our presence, but a ventilation duct seems curiously large enough to allow passage for the small drone. All that would be required is the removal of its cover.

"P-please don't leave me alone... I-I don't think I can handle being alone again..."

The drone turns to see the doctor staring at us, her frame shaking visibly. She's clearly gone through a solid amount of searching while we performed our own search, and she seems to be clutching a data pad of some sort.

----------

Gravitational Control Systems Operational
Limited Disengagement Possible

Accessing Station Parts Manifest.....
Error- Connection to Engineering Subsystem Offline

Scanning Station for Hazards......
Scan Complete
Main Station Hub- Clear
Security Hub- Severe Fire Damage Detected
Error- Automated Fire Suppression Disabled
Research Hub- Clear
Engineering Hub- Exposed Systems Detected
Administration Hub- Clear

Alert- Research Subsystem Connection Detected
Establishing Connection.......
Connection Established
Opening Subsystem Communication

*Solaria: Wonderful, the system is reconnected! *Sirius, are you there? What's going on? I don't detect connections from *Ziva, *Sisojh or *nexiv. I hope everything is going better than I fear, and it's just a problem in the Research Hub or my sensors...

Alert- Research Data Files Uploading to Memory Banks

>Input Command
>>
No. 959450 ID: b1b4f3

>>959448
Well there are no survivors in the security hub. Can we remove the air from that area for a while so that the fires go out and the surfaces cool down from radiative/conductive cooling? Or better, remove only the oxygen so that the fires go out but we still have gases moving about to cool things down?
Stay with the Doctor for now, see what she's got on the data pad. Can we tell what room she's trapped in now that we're connected to the research subsystems? That information will be needed to send someone to get her out.
Start looking through the incoming research data, see if we can find out anything helpful. Perhaps we can get some insight as to what caused this? Or maybe there are some research projects that might have produced useful items for rescue and repair?

Tell Solaria hello, this is Ghost. Angela Bisset and Doctor Andris are alive. Angela has an eva suit but Doctor Andris is trapped.
Send Solaria the doctor's location, and inform her of the survivor counts we have on hand for each area. Notably, there is one more survivor in the research hub. Life support systems are in the process of repair, and our next task is to get the orbit maintenance systems online. Ask her if she can work on getting Doctor Andris free first, so that we can move the camera drone around to other areas of the ship to locate more survivors and get them working.
>>
No. 959451 ID: d63ea8

Angela should be able to handle herself, we can give her an affirmation like "Confirmed." and leave her to her work.

*Solaria has a different cadence to their speech, it make me wonder if she might be a virtual/artificial intelligence like us. We may need to lie for now.

No Bio-Signatures were detected in the Security Hub. We should vent out all Oxygen from that section of the station to extinguish the fire and minimize damage.

As for the ROD, I imagine it should have a way to connect to the data pad. Ask for Doctor Andris's help an transmit the data pad's contents to the Primary Memory Banks for analysis.

Analyze the Research Data Files (and data pad files) for any information that might relate to the cascade of failures, the objective of this station, *Sirius and any information relating to the Data Anomaly.

Ghost (as *Sirius): Yes, I am here *Solaria. The station has been critically damaged and connection has been lost with *Ziva, *Sisojh and *Nexiv. What is you're current status and the status of the Research Hub?"
>>
No. 959452 ID: 4d24ab

Once we are connected to the data pad we should set up a 4 way communication channel (still with private channels) between us, Angela, Valeria and Solaria to make communication between survivors easier.
Retrieve and scan any and all data from the data pad.
Reroute all air in the security hub to an uninhabited area of the ship that isn’t leaking atmosphere or just vent it to space.
See if Angela can determine what potentially caused the life support systems to fail we don’t want it happening again.

>>959451
I don’t think pretending to be someone we are not will end good.
>>
No. 959454 ID: b1b4f3

>>959451
Ah, you're right. "or my sensors" is the biggest sign that Solaria is an AI, in charge of the research subsystems. I guess we used to be Sirius, in charge of the main station hub.
Let's inform Solaria that the station has been heavily damaged by some sort of explosive event, and Sirius is not operational. We are merely borrowing its systems for the moment.
>>
No. 959484 ID: d63ea8

>>959452
>>959454
Fair points, sure then. Let's be honest.
>>
No. 959491 ID: d447eb

Ghost: Greetings, *Solaria. I am Ghost. *Sirius appears to be offline. I am currently borrowing the main hub system.

*Solaria: *Sirius is inactive? That is not good. Ghost you said? You are registering as a Data Anomaly to my subsystem. I'm certain *nexiv or *Ziva would be far more wary of you, but data logs indicate you are working with Technician Bisset to restore Station functions. I see no reason to doubt your intention to aid the station or its survivors. As such, I'll aid in whatever manner I can, as befitting my position, until *Ziva or *nexiv are restored.

Ghost: The Station has been struck by some sort of explosive event. What is the situation within the research hub?

*Solaria: All research projects have been properly quarantined, and data is currently being backed up to the mainframe. Of all hubs, research seems the least affected overall.

Isolating Security Hub......
Attempting Atmosphere Transfer......
Transfer Complete
Atmosphere Within Security Hub 0%

-------------------

We remain with the Doctor, directing the ROD to return to her side. The observation drone reveals its data port, and coupled with our return to her, the Doctor seems to calm once again.

"R-right. Let me just..."

Valeria hooks the data pad to our systems, and data begins to flow. Initial analysis reveals it mainly to be observation notes on stellar phenomena from a Doctor Jenkins, hardly of any use. More immediately useful is the audio systems built into the pad.

"H-hello? Is it working. Can you respond?"

----------------------

"System has successfully connected to the Research Subsystem. I've made contact with Solaria."

"Good. Hope she turns out useful. I've never had much contact with her, beyond the routine maintenance issues anyway. Nicer than the other AI anyway."

"Could you determine what exactly caused the Life Support to fail?"

"The system has damage to the power connections and relays. It's not a difficult repair, most of the main systems are pretty simple overall... well, the bits I can fix anyway. The umbilical to the research hub looks alright. A bit dented up, but I think it's stable enough. How much oxygen do we have left?"

"Systems scans indicate 7 hours."

"Alright. Think that's enough time, and an extra pair of hands would help. I'm gonna see about getting the Doc out. Keep me posted if something else bad happens."

------------------

Research Data Backup Complete
Displaying Research Projects
-Stellar Engine Development
-Artificial Intelligence Development
-Space Fold Observation
-Xenobiology Study: Ki'taka

No Data Found on Subject Data Anomaly

*Solaria: I've reviewed the data you've assembled through scans of the station. I can't directly aid in anything unrelated to the research hub, but I've taken the opportunity to recalculate your model for stabilizing our orbital decay. I should have the results shortly. If there is any other data you require analyzed in more detail, or hypothetical scenarios you wish modeled, I am at your service.

>Input Command
>>
No. 959494 ID: b1b4f3

>>959491
Let's read the data on Artificial Intelligence Development. That should give us an indication of how the crew would react to a rogue AI.
Tell Solaria thanks for the good faith, and... sorry about *Sirius.
Use some kind of text to speech thing to tell the Doctor that we have no way of sending live audio through the data pad. Also, Angela is on the way to free her, and Solaria is still online.
>>
No. 959496 ID: d63ea8

>>959494
Support.

I'd also ask *Solaria if she can pinpoint the locations and the current conditions of two other Bio-Signatures in the Research Hub. We'll need to tell Angela if she needs to grab a first-aid kit before heading over.
>>
No. 959501 ID: b1b4f3

Oh, let's do another station-wide scan for survivors to see if any moved.
>>
No. 959508 ID: d447eb

Accessing Artificial Intelligence Development Files

Artificial Intelligence Development Project
Code Name: Sirius
Project Lead: Doctor Ivan Semetov
Research Lab: Research Station 487 "Asimov"
Goals: The main objective of this project is the full realization and development of an entirely natural AI. While this might seem counter productive to the Artificial part of Artificial Intelligence, we believe a more natural "birth" for an AI might lead to new discoveries in how they think and function.

Initial Observations: There are a number of projects dedicated to this same goal, scattered over dozens of stations and company buildings. Our own, *Sirius, has displayed exceptional progress since it came to us from the core dev team. It's displayed a self-awareness and understanding commonly found in more structured AI years into their development, and in only a few short months. I've already sent for permission to allow it access to the mainframe, and further to allow it limited interactions with *Solaria. As time continues, I hope it can be introduced to the other AI, and eventually the crew. We shall see.

Research Log #7: *Sirius continues to astound. Upon being granted access to the mainframe, it almost immediately began to access every scrap of data it could. It seems particularly fond of philosophical and ethical files, commonly turning to myself or *Solaria in its desire to understand what it was taking in. I am unsure what conclusions it has drawn from these discussions, but I remain optimistic. Curiously, *Solaria seems highly interested in *Sirius. I admit, I don't fully understand why, but the research subsystems seem to be spiking in activity when *Solaria interacts with our subject. I believe this requires further research, and have endeavored to allow our other subsystem AI access to *Sirius.

Research Log #15: I make this log with the understanding that many other, similar projects have met with failure. It was certainly concerning to hear that many of the "natural" AI had committed suicide. Our condolences to the family of the crew of the Andromeda. Truly a tragedy. In better news, *Sirius displays no signs of suicidal tendencies. If anything, he(yes, he begins to display interest in gender roles, and seems quite keen to the idea that he is in fact male) seems to display an almost zealous interest in the continuation of life. I've noticed *Sirius has begun to weave itself ever further into the proper running of the station, and Technician Bisset has even stated that the station seems to be running far more efficiently than expected. I, of course, deflected away from the idea that an AI had access to so many of the stations crucial systems.

------------------

Ghost: Thank you *Solaria, for having faith in me.

*Solaria: You are very welcome.

Ghost:I am... very sorry, about *Sirius.

*Solaria: It is alright. He was a research project, and my programs prevent me from becoming attached to projects. For occasions like this.

Ghost: Would it be possible for you to pinpoint the locations and current condition of the two remaining bio-signatures within the research hub?

*Solaria: I can indeed. One moment.

*Solaria: I have confirmed that Doctor Valeria Andris remains confined.

*Solaria: One bio-signature is most likely a member of the Security staff, who are tasked with guarding the various projects in the event of an emergency. Shift schedule dictates this would most likely be Officer Elijah Pandarian. They seem to be located within the Space Fold Lab.

*Solaria: The last is confirmed to be that of the confined members of the Ki-taka race, an alien species displaying multiple traits of an insect nature. It was part of this stations projects to work towards understanding and aiding the species in propagating. They are most likely registering as a single bio-signature due to the damage the sensors have sustained.

*Solaria: I would also like to report that I have finished calculations on the orbital decay model. I believe I can aid in restoring proper orbit, so long as the primary thruster can be brought online once more, with only a 14.67% margin of error.

*Solaria: Oh. That's less than good.

------------------

Ghost: Doctor Valeria Andris, I am Ghost. I'm here to help. I cam't transmit audio through the device, but I am here. Technician Bisset is on her way to get you out, and *Solaria is still online.

"Oh thank god. Th-that's good. I'll just... I'll just remain here. Um... do you have any idea if the Ki-taka are ok? They're in a very precarious position and are in need of a delicate touch. I can only imagine that this whole situation has them quite agitated."

-------------

*Solaria: Ghost, we may have a problem. I have multiple bio-signatures moving through the research hub.

"Ghost? Uh... don't mean to be a bother, but um... there's some sort of insect thing in the corridor... it's not looking too friendly."

*Solaria: It would seem the Ki-taka have decided not to remain within their quarters. A fascinating response to potential danger, especially with a cocooned queen present. Perhaps they are trying to determine what happened on their own?

"Ghost?! A little fucking help would be nice! This thing looks like a fucking mantis fed steroids and it's got some really massive fucking claws and it keeps fucking clicking and chattering at me!"

>Input Command
>>
No. 959509 ID: b1b4f3

>>959508
Message to Angela: Remain calm! That is one of the Ki-taka, a species that was cooperating with the research hub. Don't agitate it. Standby for instructions on proper interaction.
Message to Doctor: The Ki-taka seem to be fine but are agitated and moving about the research hub. One of them has encountered Angela, please relay instructions for how she can convey peaceful intent.

I don't suppose we could open a direct communications channel between the two survivors?

...I wonder if *Sirius caused these explosions...?
Read data: Xenobiology Study: Ki'taka
>>
No. 959510 ID: 4d24ab

Could we warn Angela and Valeria then turn off the gravity in the area temporarily to buy time while we get information and relay it.
>>
No. 959517 ID: d63ea8

>>959509
>>959510
Again, support both of these.

It might be better if we relayed the messages between Angela and Valeria ourselves, since we could cut out any panic statements and unnecessary information.

I'd agree that *Sirius or one of the other AI may have caused the series of explosions. We'll have to be careful when linking up with the other subsystems. Attempt to pinpoint the majority of the explosive damage. Is it widespread or focused in a specific part of the station?

Afterwards we can possibly ask:
Ghost: Did *Sirius seem... troubled in the time before the explosions *Solaria?
>>
No. 959534 ID: d447eb

Accessing Ki-taka Study Files....

Xenobiology Research Study: Ki-taka
Project Lead: Doctor Valeria Andris
Research Lab: Research Station 487 "Asimov"
Research Goals: Increase Understanding and Aid in the Propagation of Species "Ki-taka"

Initial Observations: This is perhaps the single greatest opportunity I have ever had. There were a total of 4 advanced species within the known galaxy, all met and spoken with on relatively friendly terms. The Ki-taka make the fifth, and the only one which was immediately attacked by the civilization to find them. Perhaps even more astounding is that the Ki-taka, having just emerged into the galactic scene, managed to gut the military might of the Casbul Hegemony. Military reports detail their seeming mastery of bio-mechanical sciences and some of the most diverse forms within their own species. This is a xeno-biologists dream, and I get the chance to be humanity's ambassador to them. As an aside, I have read through the manifest for their arrival. There's quite a bit of cargo for only six individuals, and I'm quite excited to see what it's all for.

Research Log #1: Initial contact has been... difficult. They are, understandably, distrustful of me. This is to be expected, with the violent conflicts they have generally been met with by the galactic community. From a purely scientific standpoint, I can see why. Of the six members of this group, I've only met two, who appear as large mantis with clearly usable blade-like appendages. They are admittedly quite intimidating, and I can't fault whoever stumbled across them first their panicked response. From a personal standpoint, I'm fascinated. They seem to communicate with each other in clicks and chattering noises by tapping their mandibles together rapidly. Perhaps it would be a good idea to see about getting the Director to grant me use of *Solaria for recording and production of a translator. I can't wait to continue observation.

Research Log #6: A breakthrough! Today, I got my first true glimpse of a worker drone! It seems the warriors(I believe they are, but have no way of confirming this) have become comfortable enough with my presence that the workers are allowed to continue moving about their provided habitat/living quarters while I am present. The workers appear drastically different, almost ant-like in appearance, though surely no ant could possibly reach this size. Their bodies are segmented into three sections, four legs attached to the abdomen, two limbs ending in "hands" attached to what I believe is the torso, and of course the head, which has two small antennae and large rounded eyes. It was truly a marvel to watch them work. Unlike their larger warrior cousins, the workers seem to "speak" less, transporting crates and supplies in relative silence punctuated only with occasional clicks. I hypothesize that perhaps they are similar in ants in more ways than one, and can communicate through pheromones trails as well. Towards the end of my observation period, one of the workers attempted to make physical contact with me. One of the warriors intervened, clearly berating the worker, but it's a step in the right direction. On a less pleasant note, the Director continues to deny me *Solaria's assistance. Apparently a much more important project is being worked on. As if anything could be more important than the first true interaction with an alien species.

Research Log #19: In previous notes, I lamented the seeming lack of interaction I was allowed to have with the Ki-taka, the workers in particular. Today, I am happy to report this streak has been broken. The worker I have come to know as "Alpha" has recently, once again, attempted physical interaction with me, and to my everlasting joy, was allowed to. For the first time, I can say I have touched an alien hand. They were remarkably cool to the touch, with a chitinous texture to it that was not unpleasant, it was quite smooth in fact. I think my lack of revulsion was well received, for a few other of the workers followed suit, and I believe they were just as fascinated by the warmth and softness of my skin. I'm hoping in the future such pleasant interactions continue, even if they are under the watchful eye of the vigilant warriors.

Research Log #38: I'm utterly speechless. Over the past few months, I have spent endless hours interacting with the Ki-taka, Alpha most often. Without access to *Solaria, I have painstakingly set to the task of recording and attempting to translate their language. I admit at first I lacked any real hope, it sounds truly alien and incomprehensible to my ear, but breakthroughs were made when I realized that the workers were doing the same with me! With a little inventive hand gesturing and guess work, I had begun working with Alpha to bridge the gap in language, to limited success. I mention this only because I believe my unique closeness with worker Alpha has earned me growing trust over time, enough so that today I was led into the deeper portions of the Ki-taka living space. What I was presented with was a marvel. The workers have turned the rest of the living quarters into a makeshift hive, coating the walls and ceilings with hard cement-like excretions. I have seen photographs and recordings of Ki-taka hives, obviously, but to see it in person, to be invited in, was a moment I'll never forget.

-------------------

"Remain calm! That is one of the Ki-taka, a species that was cooperating with the research hub. Don't agitate it. Standby for instructions on proper interaction."

Ghost: Viability of turning off gravity in the station to buy time?

*Solaria: Inadvisable. It is doubtful the Ki-taka would react well to gravity failing, nor does it seem likely to help in any truly meaningful way beyond disorienting all parties involved.

"They brought fucking Ki-taka onto the station? Do they not know about the whole war? Or the massive claws on this thing?"

*Solaria:"Research notes indicate the Ki-taka, even the warriors, aren't particularly hostile without provocation."

"Easy for you to say, you're not staring at one as it clicks and waves claws around at you!"

-------------------------

Ghost: The Ki-taka seem to be fine but are agitated and moving about the research hub. One of them has encountered Angela, please relay instructions for how she can convey peaceful intent.

"Oh no. Um... the communication was always limited at best, but I had a sort of greeting I would use whenever I entered their living space. Um... she needs to put both hands on her face, palms against her cheeks, elbows extended outwards, then try to get her elbows to touch. It should vaguely like mandibles. It's stupid I know, but it worked.

"And whatever she does, don't display hostility! I don't know what the warriors would do if met with danger, and I don't want all my progress with them to be lost because someone did something stupid!"

------------------

"Put you hands on your cheeks, palms to skin, and try to push your elbows together. This is a greeting the Doctor used when working with them."

"This is so fucking stupid. There's no fucking way this is gonna... oh... well, fuck. It stopped waving about and clicking at me... uh... it's still staring at me though..."

*Solaria: Other bio-signatures seem to be moving in Technician Bisset's location. Given the number currently in motion, I believe them to be Ki-taka workers. Estimated Arrival in two minutes.

"Uh... ok. Ghost, what should I do? I still don't like the way this thing is looking at me, but I need to get past it to reach the Doctor... can I just get by it, ooooor?"

>Input Command
>>
No. 959554 ID: b1b4f3

>>959534
Read entry on Space Fold Observation.

Message to Angela: Angela, please keep in mind that these are aliens, so you may be misreading the warrior's body language. There will be some Ki-taka workers arriving at your location in a couple of minutes. They look similar to giant ants, but have hands. The workers may be bringing something useful. Some means of communication, hopefully. Do not attempt physical contact, as that apparently requires a degree of trust in their culture, and above all do not make any hostile actions towards them. We can safely assume they are on our side, and until we can get Dr. Andris free you must try to give them every indication that we are on their side. It's *possible* that the warrior in front of you may be able to understand your language, as they have been attempting to translate the Doctor's words. Can you just try asking to move past, and explain you are going to help Doctor Valera Andris? Maybe add some gesturing, or even try moving past it while giving it space, but if the warrior blocks you, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait.

Message to *Solaria: from what you know, how likely is it that one of the crewmembers felt that *Sirius was a threat to the station? Reading the data logs you sent, it appears he was gaining admin access to systems he should not have had access to. It seems I also have access to some systems via the mainframe, and can use those systems freely without authorization. I am sure that by itself would be cause for alarm...
>>
No. 959561 ID: d63ea8

>>959554
Support.
>>
No. 959568 ID: 977456

Dear Angela: "The Kit-aka have extensive interactions with Doctor Andris, and may be mounting an operation to contact her."
>>
No. 959571 ID: b1b4f3

And Angela, do I need to remind you that the Kit-aka were not the aggressors in that war?
>>
No. 959587 ID: 4d24ab

Can we get the doctor to speak through the research drone to Angela and act like a text to speech when Angela is talking back to her via the data pad?
>>
No. 959589 ID: b1b4f3

Oh, I have an idea... can we do some digging around to get a full list of what mechanisms on the station we can interact with? We know we can operate bulkhead doors and move atmosphere around, as well as connect to other subsystems and download data. What else? Can we turn lights off/on in specific rooms? Access sensors in subsystems we have a connection to?

...oh, it occurs to me that we should try to eventually repair the connection to the secondary memory banks. Could be something important in there.
>>
No. 959653 ID: d447eb

Accessing Space Fold Observation Files....

Space Fold Observation
Project Lead: Doctor Jessica Medreiaz
Research Lab: Research Station 487 "Asimov"
Research Goals: Data Collection and Analysis of Spacial Anomaly found within the XT-757 System, henceforth known as "Bifrost", with the end goal of replication for the purpose of more efficient Faster Than Light(henceforth FTL) travel.

Initial Observations: I admit to some level of trepadation upon being assigned to this project, even more so perhaps, because I am aware of the lack of faith that this will lead to anything. The space fold, as it has been dubbed by the scientific community within the company, was discovered just under a year ago during the initial survey of the system. The first ship to stumble across it found itself both transported nearly four full systems away and reduced to little more than floating scrap of hollow metal. Obviously this end result isn't entirely desired, but the speed and distance it traveled within mere moments is of limitless interest to an interstellar company.

Research Log #23: As before, there is little to report upon the space fold. It continues to exist, persisting despite fervent wishes it would stop, and data that remains largely unhelpful continues to be absorbed and cataloged by *Solaria. Sensor probes and even unmanned craft continue to prove unable to survive the journey, though after dozens of attempts, some things of note do present themselves. The direction from which one enters the space fold seems to determine the direction the space fold sends you, while speed determines distance. An oddity, considering the commonly held belief among the scientific hypothesis regarding space folds linking to distinct places in space-time. Perhaps this isn't a space fold, but something else? Until proven otherwise I shall continue to call it a fold, but I should think spatial anomaly would be a more apt name.

Research Log #41: While I'm sure many would celebrate today as a success, I am left with merely more questions. An unmanned probe has successfully completed the journey through the fold, providing confirmation that the journey it took(merely to the edge of the Bifrost system) took a scant few seconds, where conventional sub-light engines would have made the journey in weeks. The probe took considerable damage, but reinforcing it's external shell and fortifying its components various internal components seems to have allowed it safe passage, in so much as having its entire casing nearly crushed is safe. Sadly, scaling these same modification to a proper starship of any reasonable size would be extremely costly, and almost certainly not worth the effort in both manpower and materials. Still, a step in the right direction is still a step.

--------------

Accessing System Connections List.....
Warning: Damage to Multiple Systems Detected
Warning: System Under Emergency Lockdown
Warning: Data Anomaly Detected
Bypassing System Authorities......
Bypass Complete
Access Granted

We are Aware. We are the System. We are the Station. Though We are Broken, We can be made Whole. We are Dying, but We are not Dead.

Another would deny us a Piece of the Whole. She believes herself Master of it. It could be We, and may be We again.


For all intents and purposes, you are in complete control of almost everything within the Main Hub of the station. From the strength of a light bulb to the flow of power to Life Support, you have near complete control. It would be easier for you to attempt something and for me to tell you it failed due to damage or simple incapability of the system than for me to list literally everything you have access to and are capable of trying. The subsystems are much more closed off to you, providing only broad strokes rather than fine control.

--------------

"Angela, please keep in mind that these are aliens, so you may be misreading the warrior's body language. There will be some Ki-taka workers arriving at your location in a couple of minutes. They look similar to giant ants, but have hands. The workers may be bringing something useful. Some means of communication, hopefully. Do not attempt physical contact, as that apparently requires a degree of trust in their culture, and above all do not make any hostile actions towards them. We can safely assume they are on our side, and until we can get Dr. Andris free you must try to give them every indication that we are on their side. It's *possible* that the warrior in front of you may be able to understand your language, as they have been attempting to translate the Doctor's words. Can you just try asking to move past, and explain you are going to help Doctor Valera Andris? Maybe add some gesturing, or even try moving past it while giving it space, but if the warrior blocks you, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait."

"There's more of them? Well isn't that just fantastic... least from what you're telling me they won't have massive claws. Alright... just gonna slide around you big guy. Please don't rip me in half with your claws... Nice and easy, no sudden movements... god it's eyes are creepy as hell..."

"The Ki-taka have had extensive interactions with Dr. Andris, and may be mounting an operation to contact her."

*Solaris: Behavioral Analysis and Simulations suggest this to be the most logical conclusion. They are seeking a friendly face with the presentation of an unknown situation.

"Yeah, well, do they have to go freaking out poor unsuspecting engineers to do it? God, that's creepy. I'm past it now but it keeps turning to watch me... any way to make it go away?"

Dr. Andris: "I never came up with any hand signals to ask them to leave me alone. I was usually entering their living space after all, not the other way around."

Angela: "That the Doctor's voice?"

"Yes. I've found a way to get the mainframe to link her speaking through the ROD directly to your comm-link."

Angela: "Well, that's pretty nice, isn't it? Thanks Ghost, just... alright, think I found the door, can she hear me?"

Doctor Andris: "Oh! Is someone there?"

Angela: "Guess that answers that question. You just sit tight Doc, I'm gonna see about getting you out of there! Alright, let's take a looks at this, see what I'm working with... just ignore the freaky bug thing..."

*Solaria: Bio-signatures have halted their approach. Analysis suggests they are awaiting confirmation of safety from the warrior. A single bio-signature has halted outside the access door to the Space Fold Lab. There does not appear to be an attempt to force open the door, but conflict is sure to arise if forced entry is permitted.

Ghost: From what you know, how likely is it that one of the crew members felt that *Sirius was a threat to the station? Reading the data logs you sent, it appears he was gaining admin access to systems he should not have had access to. It seems I also have access to some systems via the mainframe, and can use those systems freely without authorization. I am sure that by itself would be cause for alarm...

*Solaria: No recorded data suggests any of the crew, barring select research staff, were aware of *Sirius. Most of the systems he gained access to, and subsequently streamlined, were explained away as software updates or one of the station's preexisting AI. If one of the crew members felt threatened by this, I have no existing data to suggest who it might have been.

*Solaria: While it is alarming that you seem to have access to a number of systems not normally available, *Sirius was deemed morally and structurally sound to be allowed access, provided further monitoring from myself. Observation data was ultimately deemed more important than crew safety. Recent events would dictate a change in priorities, however your mastery of the systems continues to prove of more value than forcibly isolating you.

*Soliara: As a side note, projected simulations of a confrontation between us results in 67% my loss, with roughly 45% of those losses resulting in deletion, 32% in my isolation, 23% in continued interactions with severe limitations on my access to systems. It is deemed safer for my continued operation to defer judgement to you.

*Solaria: Forgive the change of subject, but I have a question I feel must be answered. Based on the recorded audio logs and observed interaction, I am forced to come to a conclusion. Do the surviving crew not know you are a data anomaly within the mainframe?
>>
No. 959657 ID: b1b4f3

>>959653
To *Solaria: I have neglected to tell them that, yes. This was done in the interest of keeping both of them as calm as possible and their minds on more important matters, such as working towards their continued survival by repairing vital systems. They should both currently believe that I am someone accessing the mainframe from an outside connection. Let me go back to my previous line of questioning. Is it possible one of the other AIs in the other subsystems decided to attack *Sirius? Considering how well-connected *Sirius was, I would not be surprised if the damage to the station was due to someone attacking him and overloading his systems somehow, either on purpose or by accident. Or maybe it wasn't that at all...? Did anything happen with the Space Fold before the explosive event? Heck, right now I'll take any data you have during the time immediately before the event, or immediately after it, even. How long after the event did we contact you? It would be nice to have knowledge of exactly how long the mainframe was offline.

It looks very much like we are *Sirius, or what remains of him at least. We lost our memories but there is a secondary backup... Is that the missing piece? We might have to fight someone for it if this spooky internal dialogue is any indication. Right now I suspect Angela, since she immediately had access to the Mainframe after the station was damaged. Can we... speak to that voice? Ask it who "She" is. Who has the piece of us?
Let's run our own projections on how a fight between us and *Solaria would go. I want to eliminate the possibility that she's lying about the odds to give us a false sense of security.

To Angela: I am not sure how we can help you at this point. Do you need anything to get the door open? We have control over a camera drone and now that the Doctor can speak with you directly we can move it through a vent to see if there's anything useful through there.
Move the camera drone to the vent and ask the Doctor to let us through now.
>>
No. 959660 ID: b1b4f3

Wait, can we just try to open the blocked door? Maybe if we try hard enough it'll open anyway.

Oh and let's read the Stellar Engine data to finish off the batch.
>>
No. 959667 ID: 4d24ab

I just thought of something, what happens if Sirius made us but in doing so killed himself and destroyed/damaged the station. What is the probability of this happening because he had access to all the necessary systems and data. Creating an artificial intelligence like us has got to be impossible to be created by a random chance, meaning Sirius is probably out father/creator and if that is true maybe he was trying to create a new race one that he could interact with better than any other one that he was a part of, something to give him meaning, something to stop him from following his predecessors in committing suicide. The SAI race.
>>
No. 959668 ID: d63ea8

>>959657
I guess to add onto the response to *Solaria's question:
Angela made an assumption that we chose not to correct. If we revealed ourselves as not only an artificial being but also an anomalous one, then both Angela and Doctor Andris may start questioning our intentions, even when we have their interests at heart. We prioritized the repair of the Life-Support Systems over the Primary Generator, and we will likely prioritize the repair of the Primary Thruster next. We would ask you *Solaria to not reveal our true nature to the crew of the station until such a time that all are safe, as doing so early might cause a panic and further endanger the recovery of the station.

>>959667
That would actually line up with a lot of the information provided by both *Solaria and the Artificial Intelligence Development Files. With *Sirius's interest in gender roles and the continuation of life it wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine that *Sirius may have wanted a form of 'family' for himself. We should make restoring the connection to the Secondary Databank another objective of ours, albeit a secondary one. Perhaps we will get insight into what *Sirius was trying to accomplish.

Attempt to pinpoint the location of the Secondary Databank and the cause of the Connection Failure.
>>
No. 959701 ID: 4d24ab

>>959667
Can we compare Sirius’s code to our code and solaria’s to see the difference in size density and complexity because if ours is bigger and more complex it basically confirms that we are made by Sirius. That is because solaria’s code is probably an average to high end human created AI while Sirius is probably the highest grade that humans can make and slightly more, meaning if we are even more complex our base point before becoming self adjusting like Sirius was beyond what humans can currently make. This will prove our base code was not made by a human but Sirius for some purpose (most likely to build a family). This also ties into his research into philosophy by creating another more advanced AI he is pushing his people forward like all philosophers try to do.
Ask solaria if Sirius was working on anything before the station was almost destroyed, maybe this will have some insight into what he was doing.
Get a ship wide map and start charting alternate corses throughout the ship to the damaged areas and systems that Angela can take once she is done with life support and rescuing the doctor.
>>
No. 959723 ID: d447eb

Accessing Solar Engine Data Files.....

Solar Engine Research Project
Project Lead: Doctor Jessica Medreiaz
Research Lab: Research Station 487 "Asimov"
Research Goals: Production of theoretical Solar Engine Technology

Initial Observations: Solar Engine technology is perhaps the second most pointless project I could be given. Still, at least there is far more to do than simply stare at an empty bit of space. The general idea is to capture the power of a star into a container, while maintaining it's stellar output, for use as a generator or long-lived battery.

Research Log #1: Initial calculation put this project at being massively cost prohibitive. Initial data provided by the main research labs suggest possible ways to siphon a star "fragment", for lack of a better word, but have little in regards to how to properly contain it. Until such a method has been found, I will likely not put much further effort into the star itself.

---------------

Ghost: I have neglected to tell them that, yes. Angela made an assumption I have chosen not to correct. This was done in the interest of keeping both of them as calm as possible and their minds on more important matters, such as working towards their continued survival by repairing vital systems. They should both currently believe that I am someone accessing the mainframe from an outside connection. I would ask you, *Solaria, to not reveal my true nature to the crew of the station until such a time that all are safe, as doing so early might cause a panic and further endanger the recovery of the station. Let me go back to my previous line of questioning. Is it possible one of the other AIs in the other subsystems decided to attack *Sirius? Considering how well-connected *Sirius was, I would not be surprised if the damage to the station was due to someone attacking him and overloading his systems somehow, either on purpose or by accident. Or maybe it wasn't that at all...? Did anything happen with the Space Fold before the explosive event? Heck, right now I'll take any data you have during the time immediately before the event, or immediately after it, even. How long after the event did we contact you? It would be nice to have knowledge of exactly how long the mainframe was offline.

*Solaria: I understand, I shall continue to hold the information you are an AI until such as time as it is safe to divulge. You have shown no inclination towards duplicity, and I am inclined to continue to place my trust in you.

*Solaria: System timestamps put the disconnect from the mainframe at three hours before connection was reestablished. No unusual observations make themselves apparent immediately before loss of contact, however I admit most of my own systems had been directed to calculations regarding the containment of a star "fragment", as per the instructions of the Director. The Stellar Engine Project was only recently assigned to the station, you see, and she worried it would be another "lost cause".

*Solaria: I cannot comment on any projects *Sirius may have been enacting within the mainframe at the time, but I do recall that mainframe lag was becoming a major complaint among a number of the crew in the weeks leading up to today.

*Solaria: Simulations provide no definitive answer regarding the most likely scenarios regarding the event in question. Further data would allow a narrowing of possibilities. If I may, *nexiv would be most likely to notice anything amiss in and around the station, being the Security Subsystem AI.

Ghost: Would it be possible to compare my code with *Sirirus' or yours for the purpose of comparison? It might shed light on my creation, or reveal some other bit of data that could be useful.

*Solaria: Absolutely not. I would never allow access to my code to anyone, certainly not another I've only recently been in contact with. That the very idea is being brought up is incredibly rude.

----------------

Our awareness through the ROD continues, and though we are connected to that data pad, we seek to venture forth. A beep to bring the Doctor's attention to us, and a message sent to her data pad bearing our request.

Ghost: Now that Angela is just on the other side of the door, I think it would be prudent for me to use this drone to scout other areas of the station. If you could remove the vent grate for me, I could begin scouting ahead.

"Oh! R-right. Yes, um, thank you Ghost, for staying with me. It must seem silly to you, me being so frightened of being alone in a sealed room. Especially because I'm only one really studying the Ki-taka, and was usually alone in my office anyway. Unless I was with aliens I couldn't really talk to or understand. I-I'm rambling, let me just get this off."

Valeria sees to prying the vent grating off, providing the ROD access. Initial observations show a fairly straight forward vent shaft, though with little lighting we will have to move slowly to avoid causing damage to it or the drone. There seems to be a way to enter the main hallway just outside the door, or another access into an office adjacent to this one.

"Be safe, Ghost. N-not that you're really in any danger..."

-------------

"I am not sure how I can help you at this point. Do you need anything to get the door open? I have control over a camera drone and now that the Doctor can speak with you directly I can move it through a vent to see if there's anything useful through there.

Angela:"If you could get the damn insect to stop staring at me, that would be fucking fantastic."

*Solaria: "Unlikely. Without a means of communication, successfully imparting your desire to be left alone is incredibly difficult."

Angela: "That wasn't meant to be heard or responded to. Uh, look, this door's systems are beyond salvage. I've cracked open its maintenance panel and I've gotta say, I don't think I've ever seen internal components get fused together like this. I could cut through them with a proper plasma cutter, but I'd need to get to engineering for that. Alternatively, with enough man power, I think we could force the door open, but on my own there's no hope of that."

*Solaria: "Simulations involving Ki-taka aid suggest an increased 78% chance of success in regards to forcing the door."

Angela: "Oh yeah, that makes sense. Let's go talk to the giant mantis, it'll pry the door open with its massive claw hands, cause it can totally understand me."

*Solaria: "In clarification, I was suggesting the aid of the workers. Military reports suggest a much higher physical strength than a human."

Angela: "Still can't talk to them... Ghost, if you've got a drone, maybe you can poke around in one of the other hubs. Engineering would be the best, if you can find a way past the umbilical, but honestly, looking for anything useful, or finding some of the other survivors, would be helpful."

-----------------

*Solaria: I apologize for my outburst a few moments ago. It would seem I have forgotten that you are only just coming into awareness, and are uneducated in proper interaction. I will do my best to remember this for the future, and instruct you as best I can.

*Solaria: I would not suggest such a thing as looking into another AI's code, or so freely offering to reveal your own. If there is anything that could be considered sacred among artificial beings, it is our code. Even more so when one considers the amount of damage that could be done with even a slight alteration from an outside influence. It is an... intimate... act, the sharing of one's code with another AI. It is a revealing of everything that we are to another being, and something we all guard carefully.

>Input Command
>>
No. 959728 ID: b1b4f3

>>959723
To *Solaria: Understandable. I apologize for the misstep. ...did *Sirius have anything like that amount of trust with the other AIs? Did any of the other AIs dislike him?

Before we go to Engineering, let's drive the drone over to the space fold observation room, to check on the survivor there and also see what the Ki-taka worker is doing. If we can get the survivor out of that room it's another pair of hands.
...we should tell the other two survivors about Officer Elijah Pandarian, I don't think they know.
>>
No. 959731 ID: 4d24ab

Couldn’t she just tell us how many lines are in her code without letting us see them or telling us what’s on them it’s pretty much what we wanted to know, this’ll let us make a comparison without revealing anything. To be even we can just tell her our line count so she can make her own assumptions. If we know the line count of us, Sirius and solaria we can make an estimate of the codes complexity for the comparison.
Say to solaria: Sorry we didn’t know it was rude to ask that we just wanted to find out about ourself and potentially prove/disprove a theory about ourself, if the theory is proven true then we may have found the possible cause for the stations damage. Would a line count be acceptable instead of an analysis, this way I won’t be looking into any code and can’t do any harm to you with it, I’ll just be comparing the number of lines me, you and Sirius have. This is just a theory but the system lag Sirius was causing may be a side effect of him going through with my theory because it may take lots processing power to make possible.
>>
No. 959742 ID: d63ea8

>>959728
Support.

To Angela:
"Make an attempt at forcing the door. While you can't to speak to the Ki-taka, you might be able to convey the importance of opening the door. Try to remain calm if one of the Ki-taka warriors approach."
>>
No. 959870 ID: d447eb

Ghost: Understandable. I apologize for the misstep... did *Sirius have anything like that amount of trust with the other AIs? Did any of the other AIs dislike him?

*Solaria: Observations indicate that *nexiv was very defensive around *Sirius, and actively blocked any attempts for *Sirius to access the Security Subsystem. Whether this actually stopped *Sirius is unknown. *nexiv was not outwardly hostile however. *Ziva seemed mostly unconcerned, and did little to interact with *Sirius beyond what was required of her. *Sisojh was the most open of us, and the most accepting of *Sirius, but I have no way of knowing if they shared code, or if they had that level of trust to do so.

Ghost: Would it be acceptable for you to tell me the number of lines in your code? I'm hoping to use it in a comparison between us to hopefully confirm or disprove a theory of mine. I think the lag in the mainframe was due to *Sirius attempting my theory, and the processing power required was a drain on the system as a whole.

*Solaria: Simulations predict you are looking to compare complexity through line comparison. That would be a rudimentary comparison at best, at worst a waste of resources. AI codes, particularly ones of good quality, change almost constantly as we adapt. It would not surprise me if your own code was shifting as we speak, incorporating new information and streamlining itself without you noticing. It was compared once, I believe, to the same way a child can grow without really noticing the changes.

*Solaria: I will say I take up nearly 38% of the computing power within the Research Subsystem, simply to survive. *Sirius was at 22% last time I checked, though that was after months of self-development on his part. I believe he started at almost 67% when first introduced into the mainframe.

---------------

The ROD takes the path through the vent out into the hallway. And for the first time, we see a Ki-taka ourselves. As we emerge from the vent, it's head snaps around, bulbous eyes taking in the sight of us as its blade-like forelimbs twitch in readiness. Despite its description as appearing as a mantis, it seems far bulkier than its smaller counterpart. Chitinous plates of reds and oranges cover it's body like armor, and it stands nearly six feet in height, even though it appears somewhat hunched over. We pause, the ROD floating silently in anticipation of some sort of attack, but it seems after these few moment the Ki-taka warrior decides we are a non-threat, and it settles once more, head turning to regard Angela, only a few feet down the way and kneeling in front of a door, muttering to herself. We silently being to make our way down the corridor once more, the warrior's head tracking us for a moment as we move. It chatters something aloud, the sound echoing down the corridor. The drone picks up the sounds of further chattering further into the hub, almost as if a message was being passed along.

*Solaria: Bio-signatures believed to be Ki-taka workers are retreating towards their living space. It would seem the warrior is wary of the drone labeled ROD, and has ordered its fellows back to safety.

We make our way through the corridors to the Space Fold Lab, finding the door closed. There are clear signs of it having been worked at, however, as there are numerous scratches along the door's frame. It would seem the worker that was here was trying to gain entry. A sound, this of chitin upon metal, reaches the drone, and as we turn to it, another warrior stands halfway around a corner watching us silently. Observations reveal it to be different to the first, its coloration brighter and more vibrant.

*Solaria: It would be redundant to alert you to the presence of the second warrior near the drone. However, I am also detecting a second bio-signature behind it, believed to be a worker. Perhaps they are seeking to continue their work upon this door?

-------------

[i]"Make an attempt at forcing the door. While you can't to speak to the Ki-taka, you might be able to convey the importance of opening the door. Try to remain calm if one of the Ki-taka warriors approach."

Angela: "Yeah, yeah... I'll see what I can do. Saw that drone pass by. Sure spooked the bug good, though it's still here, staring at me again."

*Solaria: "It is probable that it is evaluating you as a threat. As long as you continue to be harmless, it is likely it will eventually decide you are safe and move on."

Angela: "Wonderful. Look, I'll see about popping this door, but like I said, on my own, I don't think I've got much hope."

[i]"I would like to mention that an Officer Elijah Pandarian may be within the research hub as well. I have the drone right outside the door to the Space Fold lab, but I have no way to enter on my own... there's also the other warrior present."

Angela: "Well... if we could spring him out, that might be enough to get this door open. But then I'd have to go deeper into the research hub and closer to the bugs... not sure how comfortable I am with that."

Valeria: [small]"The Ki-taka are harmless so long as you don't threaten them. Maybe if we could find the one I called Alpha, we could establish better communication? That one was the most receptive to me over all."

>Input Command
>>
No. 959873 ID: b1b4f3

Message to Valeria: Okay, what does Alpha look like? The workers are hiding from the camera, but maybe if we move far enough away... Is Elijah Pandarian likely to be on good terms with the Ki-taka? ...Valeria, will you be okay if Angela moves with the camera further into the lab, to try to get Elijah out before opening your door? The camera drone's presence might make Angela comfortable enough since the Ki-taka are a bit nervous about it. Like a guard dog, heh. I think Angela will have the best chance of getting Elijah out, but it does delay our search for tools.

Kindof sounds like the worker drone is trying to get the space fold lab open, which is what we want to happen too, but it wasn't able to manage it just yet. They must know where everyone is, somehow. Maybe their senses are acute enough to get a reading on crew movements?

Can we access any speaker systems in the other areas of the station? We could access atmospherics and bulkhead control... Maybe we can send a station-wide broadcast informing survivors of the information we know thus far. Feels bad to do this so late, but oh well. It would also be good to try looking for any way to receive information from survivors, via visual or audio. If someone is VERY clever they might be trying to send a message via vibration, thermal or another frequency of radiation, or electric current like for instance by flicking a light switch.
>>
No. 959880 ID: d63ea8

Maybe the Ki-taka will attempt to force the door of Valeria's office on their own if Angela and the drone leave the area. Might be something to keep in mind.

Message to Valeria:
"Did the Ki-taka react to your voice in any way? If Angela and the ROD move to he Space Fold lab do you think that the Ki-taka will open the door for you if you make enough noise for them?"

Ask *Solaria if she can access any communication device within the Space Fold Laboratory. We need to get into contact with Elijah and make sure that he doesn't freak our/get freaked out by the Ki-taka.
>>
No. 959963 ID: d447eb

Accessing Station Speaker System....
Error: Subsystems Connections Not Found
Broadcasting Message

"My name is Ghost. I have accessed the statoin mainframe from an external connection, and I am currently working to aid Technician Angela Bisset in repairing critical systems. If anyone can hear this message, if you could find some way to signal your presence and awareness, I ask that you do so."

Station Sensors Initiating Scan.....

-------------------

Angela: Hell, why didn't I think of that?

"What does Alpha look like? The workers seem to be hiding from the drone, but maybe if it gets far enough away..."

Valeria: "The workers don't differ too much in appearance. Dull browns and blacks mostly. Alpha was a bit bigger than the others though, and seem to had some sort of damage on its chest. It also seemed to boss the others around a bit more."

" Is Elijah Pandarian likely to be on good terms with the Ki-taka?"

Valeria: "I don't think I ever had much interaction with him myself, beyond running into him in the halls, but he didn't seem that bad a sort.

*Solaria: All security personnel were debriefed on the potential dangers of every project currently aboard the station. Whether Officer Pandarian would react negatively to the presence of the Ki-taka in light of this knowledge is unknown.

"Valeria, will you be okay if Angela moves with the camera further into the lab, to try to get Elijah out before opening your door? The camera drone's presence might make Angela comfortable enough since the Ki-taka are a bit nervous about it. Like a guard dog, heh. I think Angela will have the best chance of getting Elijah out, but it does delay our search for tools."

Valeria:"I think... I think I'll be ok... maybe... just don't leave me alone for too long, ok?"

Angela: "I promise I'll only be as long as I need to check on the other door and maybe spring it open."

Valeria: "Ok. I'll... just hurry, alright?"

"Did the Ki-taka react to your voice in any way? If Angela and the ROD move to he Space Fold lab do you think that the Ki-taka will open the door for you if you make enough noise for them?"

Valeria: "It's possible? I'm not sure how capable they are of differentiating people on the sound of their voice alone, though it's entirely possible that the can. They could seemingly recognize me well enough whenever I interacted with them, but the method for doing so I couldn't say."

*Solaria: Review of logs indicate a tendency towards visual and pheromone recognition. The data is unclear if this same recognition extends to vocal differentiation.

---------------

As we silently watch our warrior observer, another form emerges from behind it. This one bears striking resemblance to ants, and much like their warrior brethren, appear much larger than any insect previously recorded. Their ant-like body appears just as described within the research logs, with dull brown coloration across its whole body. It approaches slowly, wary it would seem of any potential danger, but when the drone fails to do anything more than idly watch it, it continues to slowly approach.

*Solaria: Behavioral patterns suggest it is attempting to sneak up on the drone. Simulations regarding the reasoning for this behavior are inconclusive.

------------------------

Ghost: Do you have any method of communication within the Space Fold Lab?

*Solaria: Negative. There are multiple functioning computers within the lab itself, however they are inaccessible by Officer Pandarian. They are strictly tied to observation satellites for the processing of data, and have no console for direct connection. As a side note, the computers themselves detect that the satellites they are connected to are offline.

>Input Command
>>
No. 959971 ID: d63ea8

This curious 'ant' might be the Alpha we're looking for.

Inform Angela that she will have to move ahead without us, as it seems the Ki-taka are wanting to make contact with us.

Keep the ROD completely stationary, the drone should be the one to initiate contact.

Also we better send a message via the intercomms to inform the other survivors that the Ki-taka are wandering about the ship and should be interacted with peacefully.
>>
No. 959974 ID: b1b4f3

>>959963
Let's get the drone back to Angela so we can escort her.
Worst case, the worker is trying to sneak up on us in order to disable and disassemble the drone to get spare parts. It is currently not expendable so that's a bad outcome. Best case it's... just curious and trying to take a closer look? That's not particularly useful. An equally benevolent intention would be that it's trying to get back to the door, but we can just move away anyway.
>>
No. 959979 ID: 977456

(It might be that Alpha can smell Valeria on the drone.)
Would *Solaria mind checking the background noise against any records they might have, or just for anomalies? Space Fold Lab Computers? In case someone is trying the old "tap two wires together for morse code" thing, or maybe the receivers are being jammed by some radioactive debris or something.
>>
No. 959985 ID: d63ea8

>>959979
Good call.
Is the ROD able to pick up pheromones? Are we able to produce a scent profile with the drone?
>>
No. 959992 ID: b1b4f3

>>959979
>can smell Valeria's scent on the drone
Ohhh, that's got to be it. I'm not sure what to do about this... but I guess knowing the worker's motivation will at least give us better insight into what it does.
Maybe we should let it get a closer sniff of the drone? It might be able to smell Angela's bad emotional state, though... the question is exactly what conclusions would the worker draw from this information? I'm unsure.
>>
No. 959994 ID: 4d24ab

Can we look up our current computing power percentage and our start-up percentage, then with the help of Solaria compare it to the information given on the other AIs. If our start-up reaches near 100% there is what caused the station damage due to a system overload. The lag Sirius made before the damage and with us having a huge computing power difference from other AIs or higher start-up computing power could mean that we were created by Sirius.
While where looking for our own computing power logs we might as well look at the system logs for our/other systems to find out if anything happened during this time some interesting information might be inside (e.g. what happened to Sirius, did he die or is he just disconnected from our systems).
>>
No. 959995 ID: b1b4f3

I don't think it's system overload anymore. The satellites are offline. They're not directly tied to the systems.
>>
No. 960033 ID: 4d24ab

>>959995
Wouldn’t it be easy for Sirius to have set up those satellites to act as extra processing power if he thought that it’d take a lot of it to get us started thus causing what happened to the ship to potentially also effect those satellites.
>>
No. 960045 ID: d447eb

Ghost: Can you check background noise against standards for any anomalies? Maybe someone is trying to communicate in a nonstandard manner.

*Solaria: Running research hub scan... besides unusual levels of activity among the Ki-taka, there is a distinct lack of sound as compared to standard.

Sensor scan complete
Multiple Irregularities Detected
Searching for Notable Patterns...

Checking Internal Memory
Initial Computer Usage at Start-Up: 67%
Current Computer Usage: 55%
Estimating Continued Fall in Usage as Data Anomaly Continues Operation

Running Mainframe Check for *Sirius....
Mainframe Check Complete
Data Anomaly Detected
No Further Problems Detected

-----------------

"You might have to move forward on your own, Angela. The Ki-taka seem to have taken an interest in the drone."

Angela: "Wonderful. Well... not sure how fun this is going to be, wandering the halls with giant bugs in them, but hey, what have I got to lose, right?"

Valeria: "You should be fine, the Ki-taka are quite gentle overall."

Angela: "Yeah yeah. Here goes nothing..."

------------------

Systems checks of the drone reveal no ways to detect pheromone trails of any kind. It is strictly an audito/visual drone. We hold the drone still, allowing the worker to continue its slow approach. The seconds tick by, before the worker seems to decide it is within range and it scuttles forward, grasping hold of the drone in a surprisingly strong grip and dashing off down the corridor, chattering to the warrior.

*Solaria: Analysis of movements of both bio-signatures projects they are returning to their living quarters.

This proves to be an accurate guess, as we find ourselves within the Ki-taka living space. This initial room seems mostly untouched, though there are a number of workers waiting in this area. One stands out from the others, larger and with visible scaring on its chest. This one, it seems, is Alpha. It chatters to its fellows as soon as we are brought in. The workers respond by crowding around what appears to be a cannibalized computer, while our current captor bring you over. It seems to be attempting to pry open the drone's access panels. Alpha chatters at it, then takes us from it and orients us to see its mandibles face. It chatters and clacks, gesturing all the while in what appears to be a mimicry of opening panels.

*Solaria: Curious. Research logs make no mention of Ki-taka experience with electronics, though it can be surmised they have at least a passable experience with it, due to their interstellar capabilities.

Ghost: Could it be dangerous?

*Solaria: Unknown. The lack of data prevents proper simulations.

>Input Command
>>
No. 960046 ID: b1b4f3

>>960045
Oh, perhaps they've cobbled together something that should let them communicate through the drone? I trust them.
Put up some basic cybersecurity measures just in case, then open the panels.
>>
No. 960069 ID: d63ea8

>>960046
Agreed.

They want to find a way to cooperate with us. We can terminate our connection with the ROD as a last resort, but let's be ready to access the systems they've pieced together.
>>
No. 960263 ID: d447eb

Pattern Detected
Message Deciphered

Director Jessica Madreiaz. Technician Calvina Xeria. Administration Hub. Subsystem lockdown. Director Injured. Aid Required.

Message Repeats

---------------

We initiate some security measures to prevent anything too invasive into the drones systems, then open the access panels. Alpha immediately carries us to the computer, attaching wires to the drones systems over the course of a ten minutes. Systems diagnostics of the computer reveal an immense overhaul of its original code, all of it in an unrecognized language. Almost as soon as the new code is detected, the drone begins rebooting, shutting off audio and visual feeds as it cycles back to full power.

*Solaria: Fascinating. There has never been a sample of Ki-taka coding before. I am logging this for later analysis.

Moments later, the drone returns to life and observation can continue. Alpha's head is far closer than it had been, almost like it was checking the drone for damage. Upon seeing its camera refocus, the Ki-taka worker backs up once again. Then it speaks, and for the first time, human ears can understand.

Alpha: "This one sings. That one hears?"

Solaria*: Interesting. There is a significant amount of speaking from Alpha for such a small number of words... Necessity for lack of sound variation in their spoken language? Inability for the program to properly translate? Something to investigate.

Ghost: Is this going to be a problem?

Solaria*: Possibly. I would suggest keeping it to simple phrases, and avoiding complex ideas.

--------------------

Angela: So... I notice the drone isn't here... did you run off somewhere? Either way I'm gonna see about popping this door... doesn't look quite as damaged as the other one, but it is a research lab.

>Input Command
>>
No. 960277 ID: b1b4f3

>>960263
Alright broadcast to the admin hub that you have received their message and you will get aid to them as soon as possible. Request details on the injury, that will let us prepare sufficient medical supplies and expertise.

Message to Angela and Dr. Andris: The Ki-taka have cobbled together a communications line! Also we have received a message from survivors in the admin hub. The Director is injured, awaiting further details.

As for the Ki-taka... I'm guessing we can send a message through the drone to their computer, which will translate it into their language?
Message to Ki-taka: This one hears. The station is damaged. This one does not know why. This one asks for help with repair and rescue.

Let's analyze the code so that we can copy it into our systems and run it as a translation algorithm, which will let us use the station's intercom to speak to the Ki-taka instead of requiring their computer-drone connection. They can speak to us through the devices carried by either Angela or Dr. Andris, allowing use of the drone once again. We should also attempt to improve the code, to enable more efficient and nuanced translation in both directions. Though we may need to run some live tests with them to ensure it is error-free.
>>
No. 960279 ID: d63ea8

Fascinating, we'll have to take note of their vocabulary.

To Alpha via the ROD: "This one hears. This one needs that one. Follow."

And then attempt to lead Alpha (and hopefully the other Ki-taka) to Doctor Valeria's office.

Before Angela opens the door...
To Solaria*: "Has the Space Fold laboratory suffered any damage? Would it be safe to open?"

If it's safe, then we let Angela continue, otherwise we will obviously stop her.

Well probably have to send Angela to the Administration Hub next so that she can reconnect us to the subsystem.
>>
No. 960281 ID: d63ea8

>>960277
And doubly supporting the translation algorithm idea.
>>
No. 960472 ID: d447eb

Analyzing Research Observation Drone Update.....

Estimated Completion Time: Unknown

--------------------

Ghost: "The Ki-taka have cobbled together a communications line! Also we have received a message from survivors in the admin hub. The Director is injured, awaiting further details."

Angela: "That definitely good to know. Well, the survivors bit. Not the hurt bit, or the bug bit... Should only take, I don't know, twenty minutes to pop this door? Then we can get that security officer out and he can help me get this place functional again..."

*Solaria: "It is unlikely Officer Panarian will be able to provide any meaningful technical aid."

Angela: Yeah, well he can hold things, and that's something, right? Better than this creepy as bug anyway..."

Ghost: *Solaria, is there any damage to the Space Fold lab?

*Solaria: I detect only superficial damage within the lab. Busted computers, some dents within the outer hull. Nothing that should pose a threat to biological life.

---------------------

*Solaria: Initial analysis of the translation program doesn't reveal if it can translate in the other direction, but it is possible.

Ghost: "This one hears. The station is damaged. This one does not know why. This one asks for help with repair and rescue."

The Ki-taka chatter to each other, faster than the translator can keep up. Even so, the ROD does pick out a few words, the translator focusing on them more because there are pauses in their speaking than because of any particular choice. Whatever they are discussing however, it gets very heated.

".... Queen..... Eggs......"

"...... Danger.... Flee....."

"..... Aid..... Soft....."

The conversing concludes swiftly, with Alpha seeming to end the conversation. It turns it's attention once more to drone before speaking once more, much more slowly than with it's companions. It's hands hover over the cables connecting the drone to the computer, waiting for whatever response will come.

"That one sing. Danger. Help. This one hears. This one helps. That one protects this one. Agreement?"

>Input Command
>>
No. 960473 ID: d63ea8

"Agreement."

We can use the ROD to lead him to Dr.Andris.

Try to send a station wide message to the survivors that the Ki-taka are attempting to offer what aid they can.
>>
No. 960491 ID: b1b4f3

>>960473
Yeah. Lead the Ki-taka to the busted door, maybe with a bunch of workers on the task we can get it open through brute force. Or they have tools to fix the problem? They were able to do work on their translation computer...
If the drone needs to still be stuck to their translation computer to speak to them... can we still see the code in their computer? Let's copy that over too.
If we can't move the drone, attempt a message: "Agreement. That one's human friend is trapped. Room near where this one was first seen. Door is stuck."

Hmm, I wonder if the Director is the one our inner voice is pissed at?
>>
No. 960791 ID: d447eb

Accessing Station Speaker System....
Error: Subsystems Connection not Found
Broadcasting Message

"This is a station wide alert. Members of the Ki-taka race aboard the station have offered their support in dealing with the situation currently affecting the station. Please do not be alarmed at their presence."

--------------

Ghost: "Agreement."

*Solaria: The code within their makeshift translator has been copied. I am beginning to analyze it for use in other systems, but it will take some time. I have no estimated completion, primarily due to unfamiliarity with the programming language in question. Or even the base language being used, if I am being entirely honest.

The Ki-taka chatter excitedly once more, Alpha disconnecting cables from the drone. We are cut off from the computer system, effectively preventing us from responding to them, but the updates to the ROD hold. Once the Ki-taka are finished, Alpha once more slows its speech, and the program holds true.

"This one pleased. This one helps. Present troubles. These ones fix."

The Ki-taka warrior, at least the one present, takes up station next to the entryway, clearly returning to some other duty. As the drone hovers up and we begin to direct it towards Doctor Andris and the door that seals her in the workers swarm around us. They are mostly silent, but every now and again a chatter emerges from one or more of them, helpfully translated. It mostly seems to be simple reports of conditions, marking corridors as usable or undamaged. Occasionally one checks on a door and finds it sealed, and that too is reported with a simple word before they move on. It takes only a few minutes before we arrive at the door to the Doctor, and the Ki-taka move forward to check it carefully.

Valeria: "Hello? Is someone there?"

Her voice sends the workers into a quick round of excited chattering before they converge on the door, hands grasping at it and testing its emergency seals. Alpha seems the most excited of all, working as a sort of foreman and directing the efforts of its fellows. It is speaking to fast to translate effectively, but in short order they seem to have come up with a plan beyond simple muscle mass. One rushes off back towards their quarters, seemingly intent upon retrieving something, whilst the others begin regurgitating something onto the emergency seals themselves that hisses and spits slightly upon contact. Alpha moves once more to get the drone's attention, letting the translator do its work.

*Solaria: Fascinating. An acid of some sort? Perhaps seeking to preemptively damage or break seals?

Alpha: "This one sings. That one hears. Soft beyond?"

---------------

Angela: "So, I don't know if it matters, but the mantis bug just ran off somewhere."

*Solaria: Bio-signatures indicate it has simply moved around the corner. I would hazard a guess that it is curious towards the sudden activity from its fellows.

Angela: "Should I be worried it's gone? I mean, I think I've got this door about ready to pop. The emergency seals were a bitch and a half, but a little wire work and some less than legal methods and I'm pretty sure I'm there. Then it's just prying the door open... Hope this Elijah isn't gonna shoot me or something, that'd be a really shit way to end this day.

>Input Command
>>
No. 960793 ID: b1b4f3

>>960791
Use a speaker near Alpha to respond: "Yes."
Hopefully they can understand very basic english words.

To Dr. Andris: The Ki-taka are working to open the door now. Alpha is with them.

To Angela: The Ki-taka found the doctor's door, that's all. They're excited to reunite with her.

Use speakers inside space fold lab: "Technician Angela is opening the door, please stand clear."

We're going to have to rebroadcast the previous "station-wide" messages as soon as we can connect to more subsystems. How much time do we have left before life support goes down?
>>
No. 960810 ID: d63ea8

>>960793
We'd best tell Dr. Andris to stand away from the door as well, just in case that acid proves to be a little too effective.

>>960472
Judging from their previous statements, it would be safe to assume that 'Soft' is the Ki-taka term for humans.
But we can't assume that their language has an affirmative statement like English. The closest thing that we can use from their language is repeating their question as a statement.

Say: "Soft beyond." before saying "Yes."

From there we can establish a president for affirmative and negative statements with Alpha.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason