[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 948757)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3656 unique user posts. View catalog

File 157297886780.png - (120.04KB , 698x634 , Solrg - Kingdom of Rot.png )
948757 No. 948757 ID: 8fb3ba

172 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. Expand all images
>>
No. 949767 ID: 977456

Grab the legs and pull yourself under it until you can climb it from behind.
>>
No. 949770 ID: eeb7d9

Stab it in the eyes!
>>
No. 949830 ID: a9af05

>>949762
Stab it!
>>
No. 949855 ID: b1b4f3

Could try stabbing the neck too.
>>
No. 949915 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157421399644.png - (163.36KB , 1558x1064 , House 36.png )
949915

>STAB IT
The monster's guttural growls turn into ear piercing shrieks as Jaclyn plunges her knife into it's eye socket. Jaclyn takes the opportunity to kick it off of her.
>>
No. 949916 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157421400111.png - (117.61KB , 1558x1064 , House 37.png )
949916

>SHOOT IT
Jaclyn draws her pistol and fires (DEXTERITY C + CLOSE RANGE = LIKELY: SUCCESS!). The bullet slams into the creature's forehead.

As the thing spasms and convulses, rotten puss spews from the gaping hole between the bodies of the monstrosity towards Jaclyn (DEXTERITY C + BLINDED + DYING + CLOSE RANGE = 50/50: SUCCESS!). The acid splatters over one of Jaclyn's legs, burning through the pant leg and singeing her flesh! She suffers a moderate wound to her leg.

JACLYN: AAAAAAGGGH! FUCK!

The monster twitches and sways before falling to the floor dead.
>>
No. 949919 ID: b1b4f3

At least it's dead finally.
Time for first aid!
>>
No. 949924 ID: ad51b8

well... that sucked. But at least it's dead... maybe shoot it again just to be safe, double tap and all that.

Anyways try to clean the acid of your leg and start doing some first aid.
>>
No. 949928 ID: 094652

Quick, wash the acid off!

>Double tap
Yes. It has two heads; shoot the other one, and then bury the beast just to be on the safe side.
>>
No. 949931 ID: 8d4593

>I think this is appropriate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQJXJOVGE4

Get way too hyped up about finally killing this fucking thi-

>Insanity 3

...and then immediately flip the hell out a bit.
WHAT THE FUCK EVEN IS THAT THING!?!?!
Where did it come from?!?! How is it even alive!?!? Was it alive?!?!
Why was it so hard to kill?!?!?
Fuck Fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK
And it's filled with acid Too? Goddamm-
Acid...
Hehehehehe

I wonder what lye or calcium carbonate would do to it.
Should look for a strong base... Might be more of them out there...
>>
No. 949937 ID: 91ee5f

>>949916
Ok, time to do some First Aid. Then you can open the cage and get whatever is in there with the corpse.
>>
No. 950095 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157446844202.png - (121.85KB , 1558x1064 , House 38.png )
950095

>Time for first aid!
Jaclyn uses her first aid kit to heal the moderate wound on her leg and the minor wound on her arm. The kit has one use left.
JACLYN: Ugh fuck.

>>949931
>Insanity 3
Jaclyn doesn't feel too unhinged, just a bit shaken.

>Double-tap
Jaclyn fires one more bullet into the second head, just to be safe.
JACLYN: Stay down.
>>
No. 950096 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157446844798.png - (159.05KB , 1558x1064 , House 40.png )
950096

>Unlock cage
Jaclyn unlocks the cage and pulls the corpse out, there's nothing else in the little makeshift prison, but the corpse's belly is stitched up and grossly distended...
JACLYN: Do...Do I really want to do this?
>>
No. 950097 ID: ad51b8

maybe poke it first just to make sure nothing might try to pop out.
>>
No. 950098 ID: 977456

With the way things have been going around here, there must be a good butcher's cleaver or mnachete or something, and some dry cloth to put over yourself and shuck off quickly. No need to stick your face right in there, just hack it open from arm's reach.
>>
No. 950105 ID: b1b4f3

>>950096
Be as clean as possible about it. Cut the stitches, pry open the existing wound with your knife, don't touch anything directly.
>>
No. 950116 ID: 015bf2

>>950096
You're here to find answers, aren't you?

Mind you, there's no guarantee those answers are inside this guy's stomach sack, but it does make some (non-)sense for a creepy insane dude to store something in a dead guy's belly.

Anything nearby, kitchen, room next door that you can cover your hands with, in case it gets extra gross? Cloth, etc.?
>>
No. 950152 ID: 91ee5f

>>950096
Let’s cut him open and see what’s inside.
>>
No. 950195 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157455798704.png - (162.01KB , 1558x1064 , House 41.png )
950195

>>950105
>Cut the stitches, pry open the existing wound with your knife, don't touch anything directly.
Jaclyn covers her mouth and nose with her shirt and begins to open the stitches. Carefully, slowly, she opens the corpse. Her shirt doesn't help the rotting stench much. The corpse is stuffed with sharps rusty scrap metal, nails, and a hand grenade.
JACLYN: Looks like they were planning on turning this dead body into a booby trap...nasty.

Jaclyn carefully removes the hand grenade from the corpse's stomach and adds it to her inventory.
JACLYN: Well, only one more place to look before moving on.
>>
No. 950210 ID: b1b4f3

Yep, time to light something on fire and proceed into the basement. You could try wrapping a stick in some fabric from the bed? Too bad there's no oil or tar to soak it in.
>>
No. 950216 ID: 91ee5f

>>950195
Time to go to the basement.
>>
No. 950220 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157456305516.png - (95.36KB , 1558x1064 , House 32.png )
950220

>Basement
Jaclyn returns to the kitchen, crafts a torch, and then heads to the basement. Now that the darkness is lit by the makeshift torch, cobwebs and dust can be seen clinging to the walls. Jaclyn can just barely make out a water boiler at the back next to a collection of boxes, the source of the hissing noise. Deep scratches are set into the floorboards, evidence of the conjoined monstrosity dwelling down here...
JACLYN: Even when lit this place is a shit hole.
>>
No. 950221 ID: b1b4f3

Put a box in front of that door to at least get a warning if something comes out of there, then search the rest of the stuff.
>>
No. 950237 ID: 91ee5f

>>950220
There’s another door under the stairs you’re on.

>Jaclyn can just barely make out a water boiler at the back next to a collection of boxes, the source of the hissing noise.
This is worded in a way that’s confusing me. Is the water boiler the source of the hissing or is it the boxes? Because if it’s the boxes, there might be something dangerous in them.

>Deep scratches are set into the floorboards, evidence of the conjoined monstrosity dwelling down here...
It’s a good thing we all decided to not be idiots and fumble around in complete darkness! That thing would’ve fucked us up!

>>950221
Do this.
>>
No. 950239 ID: 84cc34

check barrels around water heater and the water heater and see what's in the door under the stairs.
>>
No. 950478 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157490594354.png - (110.03KB , 1558x1064 , House 42.png )
950478

>>950221
>Put a box in front of that door to at least get a warning if something comes out of there
JACLYN: Done.

>>950239
>check barrels
JACLYN: Oh shit! Aren't I lucky?
There's a saber, a semi-automatic rifle with 8 large bullets, a bottle full of painkillers, and another smaller jar of red goo.

>check the water heater
JACLYN: Yup, it's a water heater.

>>950237
>It’s a good thing we all decided to not be idiots and fumble around in complete darkness! That thing would’ve fucked us up!
JACLYN: It would've fucked ME up. Still, glad I didn't risk it/
>>
No. 950479 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157490595916.png - (477.98KB , 1558x1064 , House 28.png )
950479

>check door under the stairs
The rickety door creaks open. Jaclyn is once again smacked in the face with the smell of rotting bloody gore, a smell she'll never get used to.
JACLYN: Fucking foul...what the hell?

The inside of the room is coated with coagulated bloody jelly, Jaclyn can hear maggots crawling around the filth and flies buzzing about. The main thing that draws Jaclyn's eye in the closet is the body hanging upside down, half sunken into the flesh covered walls, it's face totally gone leaving a gaping hole in it's place...She can hear something...a voice?

?????: hHHAAAHHhh...aAngela?...aaAangelaA hHave you ssSEen MmyY bBoOk?...iI'Mm sStiIlL tTryiinG to gGeet tTHe hHang Oof cCarving a cCow...wWell, wWWhen iIi gGet Gget gGooD EnouGH I cAn sSstartT sSelliN' em'. eEarl's Said tHeY'd mAke gGood tRInket's...
>>
No. 950480 ID: 2aa5f0

Do we have a book on us? Also is the voice coming from the walls, the body or does it sound like it's coming deeper in the "room"?
>>
No. 950482 ID: eeb7d9

Ehhhh remind us what book where you looking for?
>>
No. 950483 ID: b1b4f3

>>950479
What else is in there? Looks like some kind of box, can you see if anything in there is worth investigating? If you have no desire to get anywhere near... whatever that is, just ask some questions. Try to find out some answers about what happened here since this is the only thing you've met that has talked to you.
>>
No. 950517 ID: 015bf2

>>950479
Shut down brain. Loot stuff inside. Don't touch red stuff. Close door. Let out a long sigh. Turn on brain again.

Ask the voice - through the door - where did he leave his book? And what did Earl said about 'selling trinkets'?
>>
No. 950544 ID: ce39da

Just close the door and leave. Entering probably isn't safe and we do have some loot now. After checking the barn for posterity we can probably move on without worrying too much about what could have been.
>>
No. 950715 ID: 8fb3ba
File An_Odd_Conversation_.webm - (6.87MB , An Odd Conversation .webm )
950715

>>950480
>Do we have a book on us?
JACLYN: (I have the book I took from the upstairs bedroom.)

>is the voice coming from the walls, the body or does it sound like it's coming deeper in the "room"?
JACLYN: (I...I can't tell? It's like it's coming from everywhere at the same time. It's so clear.)

>>950483
>>950517
>can you see if anything in there is worth investigating?
JACLYN: (An cardboard box with something small in it, an old hoe, and a bag of manure)

>Loot stuff inside. Don't touch red stuff.
Jaclyn carefully leans forward and reaches for the cardboard box, Inside is two shotgun shells.

>Ask questions
JACLYN: Uh...Do you know what's happened here?
?????: AaanggeellLLLAA?? aaAAnngelLLAA~?

The voice repeats the same name over and over again until other voices join in in whispers overlapping one another. No other responses but asking for the book and calling for "Angela" all echoing inside of Jaclyn's head...It's starting to give her a headache
>>
No. 950718 ID: eeb7d9

>>950715
I remember hearing that noise before...

Check the book, see if is the one it wants.
>>
No. 950729 ID: b1b4f3

Close the door. Go back upstairs, get more flammable materials. Bring it down here, put it all into the closet and set it on fire. Close the door again.

Exit house. Consider heading back home.
>>
No. 950732 ID: 56076d

Toss th' book in 'is 'orrible gob then and if naught else 'appens jes' shrug and git outta 'ere, brightbrains.

It ain't no good listenin' ta voices outta nowhere, don'tcha know!
>>
No. 950737 ID: 91ee5f

>>950729
This sounds like a good idea.
>>
No. 950740 ID: 977456

>It's like it's coming from everywhere at the same time. It's so clear.
Sounds like telepathy. Try thinking of something traumatic... to a fleshwall... termites?
>>
No. 950742 ID: 1188fb

>>950715
This may sound crazy but...what would happen if we destroyed the book?
>>
No. 950751 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157534339398.png - (471.40KB , 1558x1064 , House 43.png )
950751

>>950718
Check the book, see if is the one it wants.
JACLYN: It's a book on wood carving techniques

>>950729
>>950737
>Set it on fire.
JACLYN: This whole place does deserve to be torched.

>Consider heading back home.
JACLYN: I've been considering that since the flesh monster attacked me...So am I torching this place or giving the book over Hell, I could do both if I really feel like it.
>>
No. 950757 ID: b1b4f3

I mean if you don't want to keep the book you may as well hand it over.
>>
No. 950762 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157534926958.png - (478.51KB , 1558x1064 , House 44.png )
950762

>>950757
>may as well hand it over.
Jaclyn takes the wood carving book and sort of holds it toward the corpse.
?????: hHaAHh?...tHERe iiTt iIISS!...wWhaT?...oH anGEla, wE wOn'T hAVe tO WoRRy aBOut AnyThhing. If tTheY gGet tOo rOWdy tHe GuARd wILl hANdle ThE proBLEem...tTrust mMeeE, wWe DOn't nNeeEd tTo GoOo aAnYwhEree...

The book is gone, Jaclyn didn't drop it, it just disappeared into thin air...Something creeps out from the corpse's body...a note?

Angela
You were right, Things haven't been getting better. Those savages took over the local prayer house and now all of the statues of our Golden Lady are gone, replaced with weird black onyx inhumane figures. It's awful, in the dead of night on my way back home one of them threw a bottle at me, probably because I was wearing my necklace. It's not safe for me to be here, I'll join you in The Steppe soon if you aren't still mad at me.
-Archie

>>
No. 950763 ID: 248dbd

Wait, was that flesh abomination the guard. Are things about to attack this place? Do we need to set up a defensive perimeter?

Also sounds like the local church is going to be a hell hole so at least we got a heads up there.
>>
No. 950766 ID: b1b4f3

Looks like an old note about stuff that happened a long time ago.
Ask Archie where the necklace went. Maybe we can get that before burning down the house? If you want to be real stylish you could leave the gas on too. Explosions!!!
>>
No. 950783 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157536384477.png - (477.98KB , 1558x1064 , House 28.png )
950783

>>950763
>Wait, was that flesh abomination the guard?
JACLYN: Nah, that doesn't make any sense. This note's about stuff that's happened in the past.

>>950766
>Ask Archie where the necklace went.
Archie seems unresponsive, the whispers have stopped too. All's quiet in the house.
>>
No. 950784 ID: 977456

Are those bands in the door anything? Do you feel up to checking the stuff in the closet now that the hanger is passive? If you can get the stick then you could use it to hook out the rest. Do a once-over of the room for loose bricks. If people were hiding symbols then "behind the loose brick" is a traditional spot.
>>
No. 950792 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157536554734.png - (95.00KB , 1558x1064 , House 45.png )
950792

>>950784
>Are those bands in the door anything?
JACLYN: They're keeping the door held together...

>Do you feel up to checking the stuff in the closet now that the hanger is passive?
JACLYN: It's still covered in bloody flesh clumps and writhing maggots. That hoe and bag of manure is not worth stepping in there.

>Do a once-over of the room for loose bricks.
Jaclyn checks the whole basement over
JACLYN: Nothing.
>>
No. 950797 ID: 2aa5f0

huh, guess this place is clear for now. So unless you want to fortify this place a little to act as a safe house for the night I guess it's time to move on and hope the next place we find isn't as much of a hell hole.
>>
No. 950805 ID: 91ee5f

>>950792
Head upstairs where there’s more light, then check the broken radio you picked up earlier. There might be something hidden in it.
>>
No. 950817 ID: b1b4f3

Let's go search the scarecrow in the cage room.
>>
No. 950819 ID: 8d4593

Anything inside the boiler?
>>
No. 950821 ID: 56076d

>>950792
That was... odd and disturbing. But helpful to your quest! Sounds like the farmer and his wife had a disagreement, and she decided to leave the area before things got worse. Smart lady.

So now we know some kind of religious order or cult took over the town - or at least this part of it. Sounds like it might be related to the corruption and madness that took over the place.

>Onyx figurines
Might be something to keep an eye out for - and a few feet away from.

>The Steppe
The Steppe sounds like a hiding or safe spot somewhere around here. Perhaps it's someplace you can locate if you look for it. If people skeptical of falling under the sway of the cult gathered there, there might be more clues, even if there aren't survivors.

>Wot Next
I think you've emptied out the house for the most part. You could tinker with the radio to see if you can make it work, or if anything's scavengable from it.

There's also still the barn to search and you could check up on the water tower. Other than that, searching for the Steppe or heading further into the city might be good moves.

>Base
Farmhouse is... probably not the best place, considering how the corruption's taken around here.
>>
No. 950878 ID: ce39da

If you've swiped everything of value and the barn is a decent ways off (enough to not likely catch fire itself), torch the house. If there's nothing left to be gained, then incinerating the remaining taint is the first step to reclaiming the land. If the barn is close enough to be at risk, then hold off on it for now and check that first.

Oh, and take the note so you have something to give the wife if she's still alive out in those "steppes."

Actually, come to think of it, did we ever properly search that tub? Might want to dump that out and see if that's where the necklace is. (Not having all that fluid clumped in a container will also more easily assure that no trace of the corruption escapes the flames.)
>>
No. 950928 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157552545476.png - (92.14KB , 1558x1064 , House 46.png )
950928

>>950821
>The Steppe sounds like a hiding or safe spot somewhere around here.
JACLYN: Nope, It's outside of Solrg completely. She didn't just leave the area, she left the whole damn city, and she was smart for doin' it.

>>950819
>Anything inside the boiler?
JACLYN: Nothin'

>>950805
>Head upstairs where there’s more light, then check the broken radio you picked up earlier. There might be something hidden in it.
JACLYN: It's got batteries...but they don't look like they got much charge left in 'em.

>>950817
>Let's go search the scarecrow in the cage room.
JACLYN: Nothing on it but stitched up untanned bloody hides and furs.

>>950878
>Incinerating the remaining taint is the first step to reclaiming the land.
JACLYN: No amount of fire'll help clean this hell hole, and certainly not from one person. Solrg is huge, and unless I can carpet bomb the whole thing it'll stay tainted.
>>
No. 950929 ID: 8d4593

I-Is that a candle behind the scarecrow stand?
Might as well grab it.

Shall we check the barn, now?
>>
No. 950930 ID: 91ee5f

>>950928
Where the fuck is the monster corpse?! Don’t tell me that thing is moving around again!
>>
No. 950931 ID: b1b4f3

Check inside the couch cushions?
>>
No. 950935 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157553028380.png - (91.66KB , 1558x1064 , House 46.png )
950935

>>950930
>Where the fuck is the monster corpse?!
JACLYN: I was trying to ignore it

>>950929
>I-Is that a candle behind the scarecrow stand? Might as well grab it.
JACLYN: Sure, could be helpful

>Shall we check the barn, now?
JACLYN: I think I've had enough of this place, doubt I'll get what I need from skulking around this dump all day.
>>
No. 950936 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157553029650.png - (84.30KB , 1558x1064 , House Burning.png )
950936

Jaclyn gathers everything that could be flammable and dumps it in the basement room. She lights a torch and chucks it in the pile before quickly making her exit. The smell is downright putrid, but Jaclyn feels the slightest bit of ease knowing that what was in there is gone.

JACLYN LOSES 1 INSANITY
>>
No. 950937 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157553030291.png - (83.71KB , 1558x1064 , Barn.png )
950937

>Check Barn
The place is rather empty, surprisingly untouched by the cultists.
JACLYN: Feels like months a month since I was somewhere not covered in blood, the smells still...I hear something.

The sound of squeaking wheels can be heard coming closer to the barn, like an old bike.
>>
No. 950938 ID: 91ee5f

>>950937
Look out the window to see who or what it is.
>>
No. 950944 ID: 977456

Go to the back of the barn, climb the posts to get to the roof(dig something into the wood for a handhold, or throw something over the rafters and pull yourself up? Your clever, you can figure something out.), then shimmy across the rafters to hide above the entrance. If they follow your scent, then they ought follow your trail to the back, so you can jump them or drop down and run out the door and steal their putrid locomotion. If they don't have nonsense scent-seeking nonsense of nonsense, then nobody ever looks up, you'll be fiiiiiine.
>>
No. 950946 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157554516440.png - (111.75KB , 999x1064 , Bike wheel.png )
950946

>>950938
>Look out the window to see who or what it is.
Nothing can be seen from the window

>>950944
>hide above the entrance.
With the help of her knife, Jaclyn climbs the posts of the barn and sidles across the rafters above the entrance to hide herself. The sound of the squeaking wheels grows louder as the source enters the barn. A man on a bike wheels himself inside, behind him a large device is hauled in a wagon attached to the carts rear. Jaclyn can't make out his face from her current angle, but he doesn't seem hostile.

?????: Hello? Hellooo~? I know someones here...Maybe you're just shy, or you're plannin' on bein' a little less than friendly? Well that's all fine and dandy but I know you got sense in your head seein' as that cultist den is damn near up in flames...Listen if you don't wanna talk that's fine, I guess jus'...stay silent if you ain't interested.

The bike man lights a cigarette but doesn't smoke it...
>>
No. 950947 ID: 2aa5f0

can you get a look at the guy?
>>
No. 950948 ID: e3c839

Hey, got another one of those?
>>
No. 950949 ID: 56076d

Point your gun at him from above, but keep the safety on for now.

Point out that it takes confidence or crazy to ride up to a building full of madmen and monsters, even if the place is getting torched. Or, heck, just to be near enough in the first place to do so.

He also knew you'd stuck around and not scarpered off. Came right in after you and proposed this talk. The hell is his deal? You'll trade a more peaceful attitude for some straight answers.
>>
No. 950950 ID: 91ee5f

>>950946
Point your gun at him and let him know where you are. You’ll come down once he proves he ain’t crazy like those cultists.
>>
No. 950951 ID: eeb7d9

>>950950
Yeah, this is good. If he isn't a cuckoo, we talk. Not having someone to talk to can't harm one's sanity.
>>
No. 950958 ID: ce39da

"Wasn't aware there were any 'normal' survivors out here. Of course, I can't be sure you're all that normal yourself, so you'll excuse me if I feel like just talking from up here."
>>
No. 950968 ID: a9af05

>>950950
Do this.
>>
No. 950971 ID: 8d4593

He knew this was a cultist den.
A local perhaps?
A guide would be invaluable.

Cooperation with the local populace is a vital first step to any intel gathering operation.

Have your weapon ready, but don't pop out and start waving it at him. Let's have a nice chat with this guy.
>>
No. 950975 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157559344828.png - (67.19KB , 1084x1178 , Cigarette.png )
950975

>>950950
>Point your gun at him
Jaclyn takes aim
JACLYN: Alright. I'm here, but I'm not so sure I want to come down there if you're like the rest of these nutjobs.
?????: Fair...Y'see when I saw you leavin' the house for a split second I didn't know if you were all there in the head neither. Even if you were you coulda' been a bandit, or a bounty hunter, or any other number of sane wackjobs.
JACLYN: But you still approached me?
?????: Yeah, I had a hunch. Sometimes you just gotta follow your gut y'know? If you were a cultist or a bandit I'd have popped ya and taken the Ichor you got, but seein' as you're a friendly type I guess I won't have to...I can also tell you ain't been in Solrg for long huh? Still took out some cultists though, nice to see you're capable. I'm also gonna guess you don't know how special those jars are huh? If you're comfortable comin' down here I can show you what that stuff is good for.

The man pats the odd contraption he's hauling behind him.
>>
No. 950976 ID: b1b4f3

>>950975
Alright, he seems sane enough. Stop pointing your gun at him, go down and see what he's got... but don't lower your guard either.
>>
No. 950978 ID: d63ea8

>>950975
Keep you eye on that window. Old barns like these could go up in seconds from a loose spark.
>>
No. 950987 ID: a9af05

>>950975
>Still took out some cultists though, nice to see you're capable.
And a monster! Don't forget that!

>taken the Ichor you got
>I'm also gonna guess you don't know how special those jars are huh? If you're comfortable comin' down here I can show you what that stuff is good for.
He's talking about those weird red jars, right? Let's see what he knows.

Ask for a name before you introduce yourself.
>>
No. 950989 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157560226206.png - (150.17KB , 1517x1064 , The Cyclist 1.png )
950989

>>950976
>Alright, he seems sane enough.
JACLYN:...Alright, I'm coming down.
Jaclyn climbs down from the rafters and walks around to face the bike man. His face is hidden behind an odd bird shaped metal mask.
?????: Glad you decided to have a face to face talk! Yelling to you from down here would've been hell on my singing voice, hehe.
JACLYN: You said something about the stuff I had on me.
?????: Yeah...Jaclyn right?
JACLYN: Oh, fuck you! You've got to know saying someone's name when they never gave it to you is creepy right?
FINCH: Yeah, but it speeds up introductions. Call me Finch.
JACLYN: How the hell do you know my name anyway?
FINCH: I can explain that later, but first you wanna know 'bout the Ichor right? Some call it the blood of gods, other's call it the devil's tears, plenty of names for the stuff but Ichor is the most well known. This stuff, when handled by someone with a lick a sense, can be mighty useful. Makes you more than human or, if you don't know what you're doing, less than human.

Finch notices Jaclyn eyeing the cigarette.

FINCH: Want it? I don't smoke, the smell just relaxes me is all.
>>
No. 950990 ID: 015bf2

>>950989
Then, by definition, you are smoking, creepster. But never mind. What IS this I got stuff? Where does it come from? Was it this that turned those poor souls in the house into a conjoined deerstrosity? Did it give him fucking psychic powers?
>>
No. 950991 ID: b1b4f3

>>950989
Uh yeah what is this stuff, and while we're at it how about a brief history lesson? What happened here? Not much information has spread to the outside world.

It might be worth heading back outside of the kingdom just to warn people about the rot-worshiping cultists, since nobody's aware of even those basic details.
>>
No. 950992 ID: 8d4593

I only smoke when life is fucking amazing or fucking awful.

Killing the two headed spider-deer-asshole that jumped out of the ceiling onto me means hell yes I'll take that cigarette.

Need to build me a goddamn flamethrower.
>>
No. 950999 ID: a9af05

>>950989
>How the hell do you know my name anyway?
>I can explain that later
I bet he's looking at the dog tags that Jaclyn is wearing.

>Ichor explanation
Let me guess, that machine he's got can refine the Ichor into something we can use to improve ourselves?
>>
No. 951001 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157560941066.png - (146.61KB , 1517x1064 , The Cyclist 4.png )
951001

>>950999
>I bet he's looking at the dog tags that Jaclyn is wearing.
JACLYN: (I'm not wearing that out in the open, it's under my shirt.)

Jaclyn takes the cigarette.

JACLYN: So, this "ichor", what is it exactly? And while you're at it what happened here? Solrg's history is a whole fucking of a mystery.
FINCH: First, I'm not 100% on what ichor truly is. Nobody really is.
JACLYN: Did it make you a mind reader?
FINCH: I don't read minds, I'm just a good listener. Though not as good as you are. As for the history of Solrg, well it's complicated, I can't give you the full picture neither since I don't know too much. Did you know Solrg is more of a city-state than a kingdom? Though due to it bein' ruled by a king it's called a kingdom, or rather it was called a kingdom. King Randis was the last king before everythin' went to shit, from what I've heard he turned his back on the kingdom's faith.

Finch takes a deep breath of the cigarette smoke.

FINCH: But it was odd when Golden Lady prayer houses became re-purposed for other religions. It wasn't just making room for other branches of faith, it was removin' the Golden Lady altogether. Some people thought sooner or later all remnants a' the Golden Lady would be scrubbed from Solrg. Some whispered that maybe the Queen had somethin' to do with this, but who knows? People'll make things up when there are no real answers.
FINCH: So, you came here for a history lesson hmm? Real stupid of ya. You'll get yourself killed that way, do you even care? Seems like you don't know what you're doin' here. Lucky for you I'm quite altruistic. So if there's anything you need help with I'd be down to give you a hand. Speaking of which!

Finch flips a switch on the side of the machine in his bike wagon.

FINCH: Pour that ichor of yours into the funnel there, and I can make your time here jus' the slightest bit easier...that is, if you trust me.

Jaclyn has 20 oz of Ichor.
>>
No. 951002 ID: 91ee5f

>>951001
Might as well see what this stuff can do for us. Go ahead and pour the Ichor into the machine.
>>
No. 951003 ID: 91ee5f

>>951002
Also, I’d like to point out that this isn’t much of a face to face talk, since he’s wearing that mask and we can’t see his face!
>>
No. 951010 ID: b1b4f3

>>951001
Hold on, is it gonna make you go crazy or mutate or something? We've seen some shit.
>>
No. 951027 ID: 2aa5f0

ask if he knows a good spot to hold up for the night?

Also I say pour about a quarter or a third of the stuff in and get ready for something to happen.
>>
No. 951030 ID: eeb7d9

Knowledge is power. Or so they say. Speaking of knowledge, knowing what this does might be insightful. We should accept his offer. But what do you gain from helping us really?
>>
No. 951033 ID: a9af05

>>951001
Pour the Ichor into the machine to see what happens.
>>
No. 951034 ID: 8d4593

I think we're both shorting each other on information. So Alright. I'll be honest.

>Real stupid of ya. Seems like you don't know what you're doin' here.

This was a mistake. I wanted to make a name for myself. Not have my achievements hidden under someone else's name for once. I heard about Solrg and the corruption within. The higher ups wouldn't touch it. It was perfect.

I burned my savings and assembled a team of mercenaries [The other six suggested starting characters] from my old friends, acquaintances, and colleagues. They were to locate the source of Solrgs' corruption, and I was to be their handler.

But there was nothing to handle. Mere minutes after entering the gates, I lost communication with them. It was never re-established. That was two weeks ago.
I should have stayed away, but here I am.

Now that I've shared, before I give you this.. Ichor. What exactly does that machine do with it?

I'm just throwing this out there, if you like it feel free to get behind or modify it.
>>
No. 951035 ID: 015bf2

>dump
Let’s be cautious here. Dump 5 oz. Full trust isn’t in the cards; if Ichor’s rare and valuable it is worth it for barter with others like Francis, and if he’s gonna do something with it and us then we don’t want a heavy dosage anyway.

>history lessons
It might pay to understand history like this. Something went to really to shit here and Gods only know when and how it’ll spread and happen again. If the mystery can be pieced together before more some damnfool idiot goes and weaponizes Armageddon, there’s a fair few in neighboring kingdoms who’ll rest easier and safer.
>>
No. 951076 ID: ce39da

>>951035
Dump a full even bottle in to keep it square; that's 10oz, I think, though if they're different sizes, use the smaller one.
>>
No. 951088 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157568774261.png - (84.58KB , 1046x1064 , Oven.png )
951088

>>951035
>It might pay to understand history like this.
JACLYN: Recognizing what happened here can help us all avoid it again.
FINCH: Or it'll encourage people who think they know everything to give it a whirl! Assholes that think they can tame it, make it their own. Knowledge like that can be dangerous.

>>951010
>Hold on, is it gonna make you go crazy or mutate or something?
JACLYN: How dangerous is this? It won't turn me into a monster will it?
FLINT: Like I said, when handled by someone with a lick a sense, it's mighty useful. I'm quite a sensible fellow y'know?

>>951030
>But what do you gain from helping us really?
JACLYN: There any reason why you're helpin' me?
FINCH: Can't a gentlemen aid a young lady in these tryin' times?
JACLYN: Cut the bullshit bike man
FINCH: Okay! okay. The machine doesn't refine ALL of the ichor, some of it is stored for me. It's like a tax, s'only fair huh?

>Dump some Ichor
Jaclyn puffs her cigarette and dumps the smaller vial of ichor into the machine funnel. It's about 4 ounces.
JACLYN: This...Is this an oven?
FINCH: Yeah, it was a perfect vessel for the machine! A few modifications and it all came together.

The oven sputters and heats up as the ichor is poured into the funnel, a little smoke escapes from the stove pipe.

FINCH: Sorry, that ain't enough. Needs 15 ounces else it's no good. you got 11 more to give if you want something out of it.
>>
No. 951089 ID: 2aa5f0

fuck it dump out the other 11. It's not like we can really do anything else with the stuff.
>>
No. 951093 ID: b1b4f3

Sigh, fine.
>>
No. 951094 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157569220773.png - (109.09KB , 1304x1064 , Solrg Style Baking.png )
951094

JACLYN: Fine.

Jaclyn pours some of the other jar of ichor into the oven's funnel, it leaves her with a jar of 5 oz of ichor.

FINCH: Fantastic! Now we can get cooking...

The machine begins to shutter and whir. The heat is intense, and the stove pipe spews out a much larger plume of smoke. It fills Jaclyn's lungs along with the cigarette smoke, she begins to hack and cough uncontrollably, her lungs burn, her body aches, something feels different...

PICK ONE ATTRIBUTE TO IMPROVE
>>
No. 951099 ID: 0fae41

STR. What doesn't kill you...
>>
No. 951103 ID: b1b4f3

Dexterity since that's the shootin' stat and it should at least be at C since we've been doing some shooting.
(also whoops during prior combat we were making rolls as if it was C, when it was D)
Either that or Willpower, to help stave off insanity in the long run.
>>
No. 951112 ID: 977456

Voting int, for obvious reasons.
>>
No. 951115 ID: 91ee5f

>>951094
Increase Willpower! Need to make sure Jaclyn doesn’t go insane!
>>
No. 951116 ID: 2aa5f0

>willpower

kinda want to say dex to make our shooting better but seeing how badly we were flunking those sanity saves I feel it would be wiser to try and deal with the silent killer of insanity now instead of having it ruining us down the road.
>>
No. 951117 ID: 094652

Can it increase Charisma? If not, then increase Dexterity.
172 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. [Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason